时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Rachel and I were offered | 瑞秋和我得到了 |
[00:08] | a chance to run a firm in Seattle. | 去西雅图管理一家律所的邀约 |
[00:10] | It’s a place that only takes cases | 那家律所只接受起诉 |
[00:11] | against Fortune 500 companies. | 世界五百强的集体诉讼案 |
[00:13] | If you want to do more pro bono cases– | 如果你想接更多公益诉讼案… |
[00:14] | That’s not the point, Harvey. This is who I am. | 问题不在这里 哈维 我就是这样的人 |
[00:17] | Harvey gave his clients to Eric? | 哈维把他的客户给了艾瑞克 |
[00:18] | He did, but he still has one more to give up, | 是的 但他还有一个要给出去 |
[00:20] | – Brick Street Athletics. – Why? | -砖街体育 -为什么 |
[00:22] | He wanted to make a gesture. | 表达诚意 |
[00:23] | The dean of a law school. | 当法学院的院长 |
[00:24] | There’s no way you’ll be able to do both. | 你不可能两头兼顾的 |
[00:26] | I want this job, and I want a baby, | 我想要这份工作 我也想要孩子 |
[00:28] | and I don’t see why I can’t have both. | 我不懂为什么不能两者兼顾 |
[00:29] | You betrayed me. You betrayed this firm. | 你背叛了我 背叛了律所 |
[00:32] | – I tried to hide it, I swear. – Get the hell out of my firm. | -我想隐瞒的 我发誓 -给我滚出我的律所 |
[00:34] | – You are fired. – No, he’s not. | -你被炒了 -不 他不会 |
[00:35] | This shows an utter lack of judgment, | 这清楚地显示了你缺乏判断力 |
[00:38] | and I’m not letting it stand. | 我不会允许的 |
[00:39] | I can’t work here anymore. | 我不能再在这里工作了 |
[00:41] | – Brian, please don’t do this. – It’s gonna be okay. | -布莱恩 求你 别这样 -会没事的 |
[00:43] | No, it’s not. | 不会的 |
[00:44] | If you want me gone, convince me | 如果你们想让我走 那就说服我 |
[00:45] | you people can be trusted to fly right. | 你们能够行得正坐得端 |
[00:47] | And if we don’t? | 如果我们不照做呢 |
[00:48] | If you continue to cross lines, | 如果你们继续越线 |
[00:49] | then you’ll be fired. | 那你们会被开除 |
[00:58] | What do you mean, “You can’t come over tonight”? | 什么叫 “你今晚不能过来了” |
[01:00] | I got pizza. | 我叫了披萨 |
[01:01] | I even got those stupid yellow tomatoes that you like. | 上面甚至有你爱的那种蠢蠢的黄番茄 |
[01:03] | Harvey, something came up last-minute. | 哈维 我临时有事 |
[01:05] | An old friend called me out of the blue. | 一个老朋友突然给我打了电话 |
[01:06] | Well, then, why don’t you come by later? | 那你何不晚点过来 |
[01:09] | I could reheat the pizza. | 我到时再把披萨热热 |
[01:10] | It’ll be 40% worse, but it’s okay. | 可能口感只剩六成了 但也可以吧 |
[01:12] | Why do I get the feeling that this isn’t about pizza? | 我怎么觉得你醉翁之意不在披萨呢 |
[01:15] | All right, look, it’s not something I advertise, | 好吧 这事不值得我炫耀 |
[01:17] | but I watch “Survivor.” | 但我爱看《幸存者》 |
[01:19] | – You watch “Survivor”? – I do. | -你还看《幸存者》 -没错 |
[01:21] | You shouldn’t admit that. | 你不该承认的 |
[01:22] | It’s an underrated show but I love it, | 这节目被低估了 但我喜欢看 |
[01:24] | and I was hoping to get you into it. | 我希望能把你安利进坑 |
[01:26] | Okay, then what do you say I take a rain check? | 行吧 那我改天再去如何 |
[01:28] | All right, but it’s under protest. | 好吧 但我很不乐意 |
[01:30] | Who’s this old friend, anyway? | 话说给你打电话的老朋友是谁 |
[01:32] | “Survivor”? | 《幸存者》 |
[01:32] | – What are you, 1,000? – I get it. | -你多大 一千岁吗 -我懂了 |
[01:35] | The plans weren’t for you, they were for me. | 那些计划不是给你的 是给我的 |
[01:37] | Have a great time, Harvey. | 祝你玩得开心 哈维 |
[01:40] | You know, just because she gave you a key | 你要知道 就算她把家门钥匙给你了 |
[01:42] | doesn’t mean you’re staying here. | 也并不意味着你就能赖在这 |
[01:43] | Why would I stay here? | 我何必赖在这里 |
[01:44] | I’ve got my old apartment that you’re pretending to rent for me. | 我有你假装为我租的旧公寓呢 |
[01:47] | “Rick Sorkin”? You’ve gone soft. | “里克·苏尔钦” 你变温柔了 |
[01:50] | I was using it as a tax shelter. | 合理避税的手段罢了 |
[01:51] | And what’s the name of that tax shelter? | 那这个手段的名字叫什么呢 |
[01:53] | “I’m a softie”? | “我心太软” |
[01:54] | Maybe I’ve always been a softie. | 也许我一直就很温柔 |
[01:55] | What happened to, “Caring makes you weak”? | 当时那个叫嚣着”在乎让你软弱”的人去哪了 |
[01:58] | I think you’re confusing “Caring” | 我觉得你是把”在乎” |
[01:59] | with “Moving to Seattle.” | 和”搬去西雅图”搞混了 |
[02:01] | Speaking of Seattle, don’t you have some old ladies | 说到西雅图 难道没有一帮老太太 |
[02:03] | looking to sue the condo association, | 等着你去告公寓协会吗 |
[02:06] | or whatever big case you’ve got going these days? | 或者最近手上的随便什么大案子还不够你忙吗 |
[02:07] | Yes, I do, but those ladies are gonna have to wait, | 话是没错 但还得麻烦那些老太太们等等 |
[02:10] | because I always have time for an old friend. | 因为我总得先抽空来见见老朋友 |
[02:15] | It’s good to see you, Harvey. | 见到你真好 哈维 |
[02:15] | Great to see you, Mike. | 我也有同感 迈克 |
[02:18] | – Is that Gionno’s? – It is. | -吉欧诺家的披萨吗 -是啊 |
[02:21] | You like yellow tomatoes? | 你喜欢吃黄番茄吗 |
[02:23] | And should the slipper fit, I will know thee | 若此鞋合适 吾将知 |
[02:25] | to be yon fair maiden who so enchanted me at the ball. | 汝即为他日在舞会上让我为之倾倒的迷人女士 |
[02:29] | But, my prince, I am not worthy of you. | 但 我的王子 我配不上你 |
[02:31] | Not in these dirty clothes. | 身着如此脏衣 怎敢高攀 |
[02:35] | You’re mistaken, | 你错了 |
[02:36] | for it is your dirtiness that so attracts me. | 正是你的不洁才如此吸引我 |
[02:42] | – Is something wrong, My Lord? – No, my Lady. | -有问题吗 大人 -没有 我的夫人 |
[02:45] | It’s just… | 就是… |
[02:47] | It’s just–maybe if I– | 就是…也许如果我… |
[02:49] | Shit, it doesn’t fit, does it? | 靠 穿不上 是不是 |
[02:51] | Of course it fits. You’re my princess. | 当然能穿上 你是我的公主 |
[02:54] | No, I’m that fat step-sister. | 不 我就是那个胖继姐 |
[02:56] | What–Sheila, don’t say that. | 希拉 别这么说嘛 |
[02:58] | You’re just retaining a little extra water. | 你的身体不过就是多了些水份而已 |
[02:59] | “Water”? | “水份” |
[03:00] | Louis, my foot’s the size of Wisconsin. | 路易 我的脚已经有威斯康星州那么大了 |
[03:03] | And no one’s arguing that, | 没人跟你争这个 |
[03:03] | but once you have the baby it will shrink right back down. | 但孩子生下来之后 你的脚会小回去的嘛 |
[03:06] | – No, it won’t. – What are you talking about? | -不 不会的 -你说什么呢 |
[03:07] | Louis, if your feet grow when you’re pregnant, | 路易 如果你怀孕的时候脚变大了 |
[03:09] | they don’t get smaller again. | 它们就不会再变小了好吗 |
[03:11] | But these were $9,000. | 但这双鞋九千呢 |
[03:13] | That’s what you’re upset about? | 你就为这点臭钱生气 |
[03:14] | Well, what the hell else would I be upset about? | 那我还能为什么东西气 |
[03:16] | You know what, maybe I’m the one who should be upset | 也许我才是那个该心情不好的人 |
[03:18] | because I’m fat and stupid | 因为我又胖又蠢 |
[03:21] | and just cost us a lot of money and I can’t do anything right! | 还让我们浪费了一大笔钱 我什么都做不对 |
[03:24] | Sheila. You do everything right. | 希拉 你所有事都做对了 |
[03:27] | – No, I don’t. – What’s going on? | -不 我没有 -怎么了 |
[03:30] | Okay, I tried not to think about it, | 好吧 我试着别去想 |
[03:32] | but I spent an entire meeting this morning | 但我今天早上 在整个会议中 |
[03:34] | calling one of our most important donors the wrong name. | 我都喊错了我们最重要的捐赠者的名字 |
[03:38] | He pulled his donation. | 然后他就撤资了 |
[03:40] | $50,000. | 整整五万美金 |
[03:43] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[03:45] | It’s just one donor. | 就是个捐赠者而已 |
[03:46] | No, it’s not just one donor. | 不 这不仅仅是一个捐赠者的问题 |
[03:48] | It’s–it’s everything! | 这代表着一切 |
[03:50] | And I’m so tired and so foggy. | 我又累又迷糊 |
[03:53] | Yeah, because you’re pregnant. | 很正常 因为你怀孕了 |
[03:55] | And if I can’t do my job when I’m pregnant, | 如果我连怀孕的时候都处理不好工作 |
[03:57] | why should anyone think I’ll be able to do it | 那当我把孩子生下来 |
[03:59] | when I have a baby? | 别人就会觉得我能做好了吗 |
[04:00] | Sheila, you are being way too hard on yourself. | 希拉 你对自己太苛刻了 |
[04:02] | No, you just don’t get it, | 不 你真的不明白 |
[04:04] | so just leave me alone! | 就让我一个人静静吧 |
[04:09] | Let me get this straight: I tell Donna to kiss you, | 让我来理理清楚 我让唐娜吻你 |
[04:11] | she does, and then, as a result, | 她照做了 然后结果是 |
[04:14] | you ask another woman to move in with you. | 你邀请了另一个女人和你同居 |
[04:17] | It was a complicated situation. | 当时情况复杂 |
[04:19] | Must have been, | 可不是嘛 |
[04:19] | because then Donna starts dating a client, | 因为之后唐娜就开始和一个客户约会 |
[04:21] | breaks privilege for him, | 为他违反保密协议 |
[04:23] | and then you two end up together. | 结果你俩在一起了 |
[04:25] | Didn’t we already discuss this on the phone like a month ago? | 我们一个月前不是已经在电话上说过这事了吗 |
[04:27] | Yeah, well, if it had been on FaceTime, I’d let it go, | 是啊 如果是视频通话 我就不会再问了 |
[04:29] | but a real friend needs to enjoy the shame in person. | 但真朋友得享受当面嘲笑对方的快感 |
[04:32] | Well, while you’re doing that, let’s have it. | 在你享受的时候 我们开始吧 |
[04:34] | – Have what? – Why you’re really here. | -开始什么 -你来这里的真正目的 |
[04:36] | ‘Cause I’m not buying | 因为我不相信 |
[04:37] | you showed up unannounced without a reason. | 你会无缘无故地忽然出现 |
[04:39] | If you really must know, I’m here on business. | 如果你真想知道的话 我是来工作的 |
[04:41] | The business of begging for your old job back? | 来求着要回你原来的工作吗 |
[04:43] | Because it’s too late. We’ve replaced you. | 已经晚了 已经有人接替你了 |
[04:44] | Yeah, but do they have a law degree? | 这样啊 但他们有法学学位吗 |
[04:46] | Shit, I knew there was something I forgot to check. | 靠 我就知道我有东西忘了审查 |
[04:49] | You see, if you had my memory, | 你瞧 如果你有我的好记性 |
[04:50] | you wouldn’t forget things like that. | 你就不会把这种事忘了 |
[04:51] | No, I’d just forget to lock my briefcase full of weed. | 确实 我只会忘了锁好我装满大麻的手提箱 |
[04:53] | – The lock was broken. – Your brain is broken. | -那是锁坏了 -是你脑子坏了 |
[04:57] | Come on, give it to me. | 来吧 说吧 |
[04:58] | Who’s the asshole you’re going up against? | 你要对付的王八蛋是谁 |
[04:59] | Actually, I think you know him pretty well. | 实际上 我觉得你和他挺熟的 |
[05:00] | His name is Harvey Sphincter. | 他叫哈维·斯宾克特 |
[05:03] | – He plays it real tight. – You gotta be kidding me. | -他非常难搞 -你逗我呢吧 |
[05:06] | A five hour flight and all you came up with was “Sphincter”? | 飞了五个小时 你就想出个”斯宾克特”来 |
[05:08] | I stand by sphincter. But you want something better? | 我喜欢斯宾克特 但你想要更好的吗 |
[05:11] | How about this. | 这个如何 |
[05:12] | I represent Jeremy Wall, | 我代表杰里米·华尔 |
[05:15] | and he wants out of his contract with Brick Street. | 他想退出他和砖街体育的合约 |
[05:17] | Wait a second, “out”? | 等等 “退出” |
[05:19] | Jeremy’s deal stipulates they do no harm to his image, | 杰里米在合同里规定了他们不能损害他的形象 |
[05:21] | and exploiting overseas workers is textbook harm. | 而剥削海外劳工就是典型的毁他形象 |
[05:24] | Exploiting its workers? Where’s he getting that idea? | 剥削海外劳工 他为什么会这样想 |
[05:27] | He went on a goodwill trip. He saw the factory himself. | 他进行了一次亲善之旅 他亲自去了工厂 |
[05:29] | Well, if you want me to sell them on this, | 如果你想让我说服他们接受 |
[05:31] | he’s gonna have to give them their money back. | 那他得把他们的钱退回去 |
[05:32] | Oh, he’s not giving back a dime. | 他一毛钱都不会退的 |
[05:33] | He’s not walking for free. | 他不能什么都不付出就毁约 |
[05:35] | I figured you might say that, | 我就知道你可能会这么说 |
[05:36] | so I brought a little incentive. | 所以我带来了一点说服你的东西 |
[05:40] | Breach of contract. | 违反合同 |
[05:42] | I see what this is. | 我明白这是怎么回事了 |
[05:44] | You don’t want me to convince Brick Street. | 你并非想让我说服砖街体育 |
[05:46] | You wanna take me on. | 你想打败我 |
[05:47] | I take you on, kick your ass. I mean, what’s the difference? | 打败你 暴揍你 有什么区别吗 |
[05:49] | Well, in that case, why don’t you and Jeremy pop by tomorrow? | 这样的话 你和杰里米不如明天来一趟 |
[05:52] | And by “pop by,” I mean sit for a deposition. | 我说的”来一趟” 指的是过来取证 |
[05:55] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[05:56] | You’re not worried about losing to a lawyer in his prime? | 你不怕输给一个巅峰期的律师吗 |
[05:59] | I hate to break it to you, Mike, | 我不想和你说实话 迈克 |
[06:00] | but I was in my prime before you were born, | 但我在你出生之前就处于巅峰了 |
[06:02] | and I’ll be in it long after you’re dead. | 而我的巅峰状态会一直保持到你死之后 |
[06:04] | You know that doesn’t make sense, right? | 你知道这话是说不通的 是吧 |
[06:06] | It will when you’re in your prime. | 我处于巅峰 所以说得通 |
[06:08] | Then I guess I’ll see you tomorrow. | 那看来我们得明天见了 |
[06:10] | Oh, and Harvey, to, um, | 对了 哈维 |
[06:11] | put this in a way that you might understand, | 用一种你可能会明白的方式来说就是 |
[06:14] | if this ends up going to a jury | 如果这事闹上了法庭 |
[06:15] | like they do in “Survivor,” | 就像在《幸存者》里一样 |
[06:17] | I’ll be the last man standing. | 我会是活到最后的人 |
[06:22] | I knew he watched “Survivor.” | 我就知道他看《幸存者》 |
[06:57] | Alex, just the man I wanted to see. | 亚历克斯 我正想找你呢 |
[07:03] | you survived two pregnancies with Rosalie, right? | 罗莎莉两次怀孕你都撑过来了 对吧 |
[07:06] | Yes, I did. Why? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[07:07] | How’d you do it? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[07:09] | Right now I can’t do anything right. | 现在我是一件事都做不对了 |
[07:10] | No matter what I say, no matter what I do, it upsets her. | 无论我说什么 做什么 都会惹她生气 |
[07:13] | I’ve read every book that I can get my hands on. | 我已经读了我能找到的所有书 |
[07:15] | but none of them talk about… | 但没有一本谈到了… |
[07:18] | Her being crazy. | 如何应对她发疯 |
[07:20] | Louis, why did you whisper that? | 路易 你为什么要这么小声说话 |
[07:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:24] | What is so funny? | 有什么可笑的 |
[07:25] | I’m thinking about how fucked you are. | 我在想你是有多狼狈 |
[07:26] | God damn it, Alex, I have no one else to turn to. | 该死的 亚历克斯 没有别人能帮我了 |
[07:29] | Brian left, | 布莱恩走了 |
[07:30] | if Harvey has children, he doesn’t know about them, | 如果哈维有孩子 他也不会了解他们 |
[07:32] | and if you think I’m gonna ask my sister | 如果你觉得我会去问我妹妹 |
[07:33] | you’re out of your goddamn mind. | 那你就是疯了 |
[07:35] | All right, listen, the answer to your problem is simple. | 好吧 听着 你问题的答案很简单 |
[07:39] | Just do nothing. | 那就是什么都别做 |
[07:41] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[07:42] | Whatever’s upsetting her, don’t try to solve it. | 不管她是因为什么生气 不要试图去解决 |
[07:44] | Don’t tell her it’s gonna be okay. | 别和她说 “一切都会好的” |
[07:46] | Just listen and do nothing. | 你就听着 然后什么都别做 |
[07:49] | Nothing. | 什么都不做 |
[07:49] | – That’s right, nothing. – Not even– | -没错 什么都别做 -就连… |
[07:50] | – Nope. – What about– | -别做 -那… |
[07:52] | – Surely I can– – Louis, the reason I was laughing | -我当然可以 -路易 我刚刚之所以笑 |
[07:53] | was because I know you’re incapable of doing nothing, | 是因为我知道你做不到什么都不做 |
[07:55] | so if you must do something– | 所以说如果你一定要做点什么 |
[07:57] | and I don’t recommend this– | 虽然我不建议你这么做 |
[07:59] | just tell her you love her. | 告诉她你爱她就好 |
[08:00] | I tried that. She threw a shoe in my face. | 我试过了 她朝我脸上扔鞋 |
[08:02] | So you feel me now? | 你现在能理解我的感受了吧 |
[08:05] | Yeah, I do. | 能理解了 |
[08:06] | Thank you, Alex. | 谢谢你 亚历克斯 |
[08:08] | I’m going to go ahead and do nothing. | 那我就去呆着 什么都不做 |
[08:16] | He’s totally fucked. | 他确实被逼疯了 |
[08:19] | Good morning, Katrina. | 早上好 卡特里娜 |
[08:20] | Donna, what can I do for you? | 唐娜 有什么可以帮你的 |
[08:22] | I want to thank you for protecting my vote | 我想谢谢你借用行为准则 |
[08:24] | with that code of conduct. | 保护了我的投票权 |
[08:26] | It was nothing. | 小事一桩 |
[08:26] | It was something, and I wanna return the favor. | 这不是小事 我想还你这个人情 |
[08:30] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[08:32] | I’m talking about Brian. | 我在说布莱恩 |
[08:34] | Katrina, you haven’t picked a new associate | 卡特里娜 你还没有选新的助理律师 |
[08:36] | and you haven’t seemed like yourself lately, | 而且你最近似乎状态也不太对 |
[08:38] | and it makes me think that you haven’t moved on. | 这让我觉得你还没有走出来 |
[08:40] | Well, I appreciate your concern, but I have. | 我很感谢你的关心 但我已经走出来了 |
[08:42] | Well, how about you give him a call right now? | 那你现在给他打个电话怎么样 |
[08:46] | See? Even the thought of it makes you uncomfortable. | 你看 就是想想这事你都不自在 |
[08:48] | Okay, you’re right. | 好吧 你是对的 |
[08:49] | I haven’t picked a new associate. | 我是还没有选新的助理律师 |
[08:51] | And with everything that’s been going on, | 但基于最近发生的这些事 |
[08:53] | you can hardly blame me for not seeming like myself. | 我有些反常也不为过吧 |
[08:56] | But as far as Brian goes, I’m doing just fine. | 但就布莱恩这件事来说 我没事 |
[09:00] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[09:03] | And if you change your mind | 但如果你改主意了 |
[09:04] | and you wanna talk about it, I’m here. | 想找人聊一下的话 可以来找我 |
[09:12] | Benjamin, do you have a second? | 本杰明 你现在有时间吗 |
[09:14] | Actually, Louis, I don’t. I’m a little busy right now. | 其实 路易 我没空 我现在有点忙 |
[09:16] | Unless you want to fire me again. | 除非你又想开除我 |
[09:18] | Okay, I get it. You are still upset about that. | 好吧 我懂了 你还在生那件事的气 |
[09:20] | “Upset”? | “生气” |
[09:22] | You asked me to do something shady for you, | 你让我替你做脏事 |
[09:24] | and then when I got caught, | 结果我被抓的时候 |
[09:25] | instead of standing up for me, you fired me. | 你不但没有支持我 你还开除了我 |
[09:27] | And on top of all of that, you don’t even show your face | 最可恶的是 你之后连面都不露 |
[09:29] | until you need something, which is obvious | 现在却拿着那么香的培根来找我 |
[09:30] | by that greasy bag of delicious bacon in your hand. | 很明显你是又有事求我才来的 |
[09:32] | Well, bacon is not gonna solve your problem this time, a-hole. | 可是培根这次帮不了你了 混蛋 |
[09:35] | Benjamin, I know I have not been here, | 本杰明 当时没能支持你保护你 |
[09:37] | and all I can say about that is, I am ashamed. | 我只能说 我很惭愧 |
[09:40] | You wanna know how to make that shame go away? | 你知道怎样可以不惭愧吗 |
[09:41] | How about saying, “I was wrong and I’m sorry”? | 说 “我错了 对不起”就行 |
[09:44] | I was wrong, and I am sorry. | 我错了 对不起 |
[09:47] | And I am not just saying that because I need your help. | 而且我道歉不只是因为我需要你的帮助 |
[09:49] | But you are saying it when you need help. | 但你确实是在需要帮助的时候才说 |
[09:51] | I am. | 是的 |
[09:53] | And if you don’t wanna help, you don’t have to. | 而且如果你不想帮忙的话 不用勉强 |
[09:54] | But it’s not for me, it’s for Sheila. | 但这次不是帮我 是为了希拉 |
[09:57] | – Sheila? – She lost a huge donor. | -希拉 -她搞丢了一位大捐赠人 |
[09:58] | She feels horrible, and the only way I can think | 她感觉很糟糕 为了让我孩子的妈好起来 |
[10:00] | of making the mother of my unborn child feel better | 我唯一能想到的办法 |
[10:03] | is to replace his contribution. | 就只有代替他继续捐赠了 |
[10:05] | – How much? – $50,000. | -多少 -五万美金 |
[10:08] | Okay, well, if you are willing to part with that much money | 好 既然你愿意花这么多钱 |
[10:11] | to make Sheila feel better, I’ll help. | 让希拉高兴 我会帮忙 |
[10:13] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[10:15] | I need you to run a proxy through a financial institution | 我需要你给我整一份委托金融机构的代理书 |
[10:17] | to create the appearance of an anonymous donation | 以此来做一笔由避税公司捐出的 |
[10:19] | from a tax sheltered company. | 匿名捐款 |
[10:21] | All right, I am doing this for Sheila | 好 但我是为了帮希拉 |
[10:23] | and I will require the bacon, | 培根也是要的 |
[10:24] | but that is the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard in my life. | 但这真的是我听过的最浪漫的事了 |
[10:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:37] | Harvey? | 哈维 |
[10:38] | Samantha, I was just gonna come see you. | 萨曼莎 我正要去找你 |
[10:39] | No, you weren’t. You know how I know that? | 不 你没有 你知道我是怎么知道的吗 |
[10:41] | Because my new client– the one you gave me– | 因为我的新客户 就是你给我的那个 |
[10:43] | was served with a lawsuit at your condo last night | 昨晚在你家被告了 |
[10:45] | and you didn’t tell me about it. | 但你却没有告诉我 |
[10:47] | You heard about Brick Street already? | 你已经听说砖街的事了 |
[10:48] | – Did you think I wouldn’t? – Sure, it’s possible. | -你觉得我会没消息吗 -当然有可能 |
[10:50] | You sometimes box in the mornings. | 你早上有时候会打拳 |
[10:52] | – Harvey– – Samantha, I’m not trying to take them back. | -哈维 -萨曼莎 我不是想要回他们 |
[10:54] | It’s just a little complicated. | 只是事情有点复杂 |
[10:55] | What exactly is complicated about it? | 那到底复杂在哪里 |
[10:57] | Hey, Jeremy’s here. | 杰里米到了 |
[10:59] | Ready to go do this deposition? | 准备好做取证了吗 |
[11:01] | “Jeremy”? | “杰里米” |
[11:03] | Let me get this straight: | 让我捋捋 |
[11:03] | not only did you take my client without telling me, | 你现在不仅不声不响地抢了我的客户 |
[11:06] | you scheduled a deposition with the other side? | 还跟另一方连取证都约好了 |
[11:08] | Wait, her client? | 等下 怎么是她的客户 |
[11:09] | Mike, meet Samantha Wheeler. | 迈克 这位是萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[11:10] | I gave her Brick Street about a month ago. | 我大概一个月前把砖街体育转给她了 |
[11:12] | I might have forgotten to mention that to you last night. | 我昨晚可能忘记跟你说了 |
[11:15] | Samantha, meet Mike Ross. | 萨曼莎 这位是迈克·罗斯 |
[11:19] | The protégé. | 您的高徒 |
[11:19] | Okay, why did she just say it like that? | 她刚刚为什么要这么说 |
[11:21] | If I had to take a guess, | 非要我说的话 |
[11:22] | it’s because she thought you’d be taller. | 可能是因为她以为你会更高一点 |
[11:24] | – I’m the same height as you. – The lies we tell ourselves. | -我跟你一样高 -那些年我们说过的谎 |
[11:27] | It’s because I’m less concerned | 是因为比起跟你见面 |
[11:28] | with meeting you than kicking your ass | 我更关心怎么赢你 |
[11:30] | since I’m the one you’re gonna be going up against, not him. | 毕竟我才是你的对手 而不是他 |
[11:32] | – Hang on, I didn’t agree– – Harvey, if I may? | -等下 我没同意 -哈维 我插一句 |
[11:35] | Look, Samantha, I get it. | 萨曼莎 我懂 |
[11:38] | I’ve been where you are right now a hundred times. | 你现在这种情况我经历过上百次了 |
[11:40] | It’s so frustrating, but I think we all know | 是很糟糕 但是我想我们也都知道 |
[11:43] | Harvey’s gonna take this client back | 不管你高不高兴 |
[11:44] | whether you like it or not, | 哈维都要拿回这个客户 |
[11:46] | so you might as well just let him do it. | 所以你最好还是让他去做 |
[11:49] | That’s about as naive | 这想法真是太天真了 |
[11:50] | as hoping we’ll let Jeremy Wall out of his contract. | 就像你希望我们会让杰里米·华尔解约一样 |
[11:52] | Well, this isn’t really about hope. | 这不是希不希望的问题 |
[11:54] | It’s about Bridge Street doing right by its workers. | 这是砖街体育及其员工能否做出正确的选择 |
[11:56] | And if you think that sob story | 你要是觉得你那悲伤的故事 |
[11:57] | is gonna work here, you’re wrong. | 在这里有用的话 那你就大错特错了 |
[11:59] | Sob stories are his specialty. | 他可会讲悲伤的故事了 |
[12:00] | I prefer to call it | 我更愿意称之为 |
[12:01] | “Appealing to a jury’s humanity.” | “触发陪审团的人道关怀法” |
[12:02] | Well, I call it “Bringing a violin to a gun fight.” | 我称之为”投机取巧法” |
[12:05] | Well, we’ll see what you call it when I’m done. | 那我们就等结束出来再看你会怎么想吧 |
[12:08] | Anyway, I’ll give you two a minute to discuss | 不管怎么样 你们俩先商量一下 |
[12:10] | who’s gonna take the loss. | 这场败仗谁来打 |
[12:14] | Your protégé is a douche. | 你的高徒真混蛋 |
[12:17] | Not gonna argue with you there. | 这点我不反驳 |
[12:18] | Then how about not arguing over whose client this is? | 我们还是别争论这个客户是谁的了 |
[12:21] | Because I got a deposition to get to. | 因为我还要去取证 |
[12:23] | You don’t even know this case. | 你都不了解这个案子 |
[12:24] | I know the client, I know the contract– | 我了解这个客户 我了解这个合同… |
[12:26] | – And I know the man. – You think I can’t beat him? | -我了解这个人 -你觉得我赢不了吗 |
[12:28] | Samantha, he used to be my guy. | 萨曼莎 他以前是我的人 |
[12:30] | He travelled across the country to pick a fight with me. | 他飞过了整个国家来这里就是想和我较量一下 |
[12:33] | He’s never gonna let me live it down if I duck him. | 如果我躲他 他会杀了我的 |
[12:37] | Then we’re doing this together, | 那我们就一起上吧 |
[12:39] | because this is my client. | 因为这是我的客户 |
[12:39] | I’m not just handing them over to you. | 我不会拱手让给你 |
[12:41] | Okay, but don’t underestimate him. | 好 不过你可别低估了他 |
[12:44] | Whatever else Mike Ross is, | 不管他别的怎么样 |
[12:47] | he’s just as good as you and me. | 当律师他和我俩水平相当 |
[12:56] | This is stupid. | 这太蠢了 |
[12:57] | You’re over him, and someone who is over someone | 你已经忘了他了 一段已经结束的感情 |
[13:00] | should be able to call them as a friend. | 可以以一个朋友的身份打电话 |
[13:04] | Hey, you’ve reached Brian Altman. | 嗨 我是布莱恩·阿特曼 |
[13:05] | Please leave a message and have a great day. | 请留言并度过愉快的一天 |
[13:09] | Hey, Brian. | 嗨 布莱恩 |
[13:10] | Just calling because you came up in conversation today. | 打电话给你是因为今天有人提到你了 |
[13:14] | Apropos of nothing. | 没什么大不了的 |
[13:16] | We certainly weren’t talking about | 我们肯定不是在谈论 |
[13:17] | how I’m still not over you. | 我怎么还没忘了你 |
[13:19] | Oh, sweet Lord, I just made it worse. | 天呐 越描越黑 |
[13:23] | What do I do? What do I– | 我做了什么 我怎样才能… |
[13:25] | If you are satisfied with your message, | 如果您满意您的留言 |
[13:26] | please press one. | 请按1 |
[13:27] | To rerecord, press two. | 重录 请按2 |
[13:30] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[13:34] | Hey, Brian. It’s your buddy. | 嗨 布莱恩 我是你哥们 |
[13:37] | Your friend with a capital “F.” | 一个真真正正的朋友 |
[13:39] | Your F-buddy. | 你的朋友哥们 |
[13:42] | Hi, Katrina, it’s Brian. Shit. | 嗨 卡特里娜 我是布莱恩 该死 |
[13:44] | B-dawg, it’s Kitty Kat. | 布狗狗 我是卡特猫 |
[13:47] | What? Who are you? | 什么 你怎么了 |
[13:49] | Nope. Ass. | 不行 该死 |
[13:51] | Damn it. Ball sack! | 我靠 混蛋 |
[13:53] | Fuck. Mother of pearl! | 妈的 该死的 |
[13:54] | Just tell her you love me and that it’s over! | 赶紧告诉她你爱我 快点吧 |
[13:57] | That felt good. | 感觉真好 |
[14:00] | Hello, Brian. | 你好 布莱恩 |
[14:00] | Today you came up in a work-related discussion, | 今天在一次工作讨论中提到了你 |
[14:03] | and I wanted to see if there were any bespoke files | 我想看看有没有证明文件 |
[14:05] | you had not yet received. | 你还没收到的 |
[14:07] | Cordially, Katrina Bennett. | 你诚挚的朋友 卡特里娜·班尼特 |
[14:13] | Mr. Wall, you claim to have seen objectionable factory conditions. | 华尔先生 你宣称你看到了糟糕的工厂环境 |
[14:16] | I’m not claiming anything. I–I saw them. | 我不是宣称 我就是看到了 |
[14:19] | Those people are miserable. | 那些人很悲惨 |
[14:20] | And misery isn’t a violation of international law. | 悲惨可没有违反国际法 |
[14:23] | Are they violating international law? | 它们违反国际法了吗 |
[14:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:26] | No, you don’t, because you’re a basketball player. | 你当然不知道 因为你只是个篮球运动员 |
[14:28] | You’re not a lawyer. | 你不是律师 |
[14:29] | That doesn’t mean I can’t tell when something’s not right. | 但当情况不对的时候 我还是能发觉的 |
[14:31] | And when exactly did you start thinking something wasn’t right? | 那具体是从什么时候开始 你觉得情况不对呢 |
[14:34] | When I visited that factory six months ago. | 当我6个月前参观工厂的时候 |
[14:36] | And yet, you’re only bringing this up now? | 但你现在才提这事 |
[14:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:39] | Because, like, you said, I’m a basketball player. | 因为就像你们说的 我只是个篮球运动员 |
[14:41] | I–I didn’t know what to do or who to go to. | 我不知道该怎么做或者去找谁 |
[14:43] | No, you were afraid you wouldn’t be paid your full contract. | 不 你是害怕你会得不到全款报酬 |
[14:45] | Don’t talk to my client like that. | 别这么和我的客户说话 |
[14:47] | And you can’t speak to his motivations. | 你不知道他的动机 |
[14:48] | I don’t care about his motivations. | 我不在乎他是什么动机 |
[14:50] | What I want to know is why he lied | 我想知道的是他为什么撒谎隐瞒了 |
[14:52] | about being contacted by an activist named Charles Hu. | 他曾被一个叫查尔斯·胡的社会活动家联系过的事 |
[14:55] | I didn’t lie about anything. | 我没有撒谎 |
[14:57] | You said you didn’t care about the conditions | 你说你没有注意到工作环境 |
[14:58] | until six months ago. | 直到6个月前 |
[15:00] | He wrote you 18 months ago. Sounds like a lie to me. | 他18个月前给你写了信 听起来是在撒谎 |
[15:02] | That letter got me a little concerned, | 那封信是让我有点担心 |
[15:05] | but I didn’t take it seriously | 但是我没太认真 |
[15:06] | until I saw the conditions myself. | 直到我亲眼看到工作环境 |
[15:08] | And what you need to take seriously | 你需要认真对待的是 |
[15:09] | is that you had one year to blow the whistle, | 你有一年的时间来采取行动 |
[15:12] | and you are six months too late. | 但你已经逾期了半年 |
[15:14] | Bullshit, that letter was unsolicited. | 放屁 那封信来路不明 |
[15:15] | It–it didn’t trigger his awareness. | 他没有注意到 |
[15:17] | He just said it did. He used the word “Concern.” | 他刚说他注意到了 他用了”担心”这个词 |
[15:19] | This is a technicality. | 这是强词夺理 |
[15:20] | No, Mike, it’s the terms of his contract. | 不 迈克 这是他合同里的条款 |
[15:23] | I think this case is getting dismissed. | 我觉得这个案子要撤销了 |
[15:26] | So you really gonna do this? | 所以你真的要这么做吗 |
[15:28] | Mike, it’s there in black and white. | 迈克 白纸黑字写在那里啊 |
[15:30] | I don’t care what’s in black and white. | 我不管什么白纸黑字 |
[15:32] | He found out about the conditions 6 months ago, not 18. | 他6个月发现了工厂问题 不是18个月前 |
[15:34] | It’s not a violation. | 没有违反合同 |
[15:35] | Well, you’re gonna have to explain that to a judge. | 这个你必须去和法官解释了 |
[15:37] | And even if you’re successful, he’ll be on record | 即使你成功了 他也会被记录在案 |
[15:40] | saying he didn’t give a shit about those people for an entire year. | 因为整整一年的时间 他都没管那些人死活 |
[15:43] | Harvey, they’re exploiting these people and you know it. | 哈维 你知道的 他们在剥削那些人 |
[15:45] | What I know is, you’re the same old Mike | 我知道的是 你还是那个从前的迈克 |
[15:47] | playing that violin to get me to help you. | 想通过投机取巧来让我来帮你 |
[15:49] | I might be the same old Mike, | 我也许还是从前的迈克 |
[15:50] | but you are not the same old Harvey. | 但你已经不是从前的哈维了 |
[15:53] | – What’d you just say? – You heard me. | -你刚才说什么 -你听到了 |
[15:55] | That’s why you did this now. | 这才是你这么做的原因 |
[15:57] | You know Faye’s breathing down our necks | 你知道法耶盯着我们的一举一动 |
[15:59] | and I can’t fight at full strength. | 我不能跟你全力较量 |
[16:01] | That’s one way to put it. | 这么说也可以 |
[16:02] | Another is that her being here | 还有就是她在这的话 |
[16:03] | might actually make you fight fair for a change. | 可以让你这回不使阴招了 |
[16:05] | You saying you’re gonna fight fair? | 你是说你要光明正大的较量吗 |
[16:07] | All of my bad habits I learned from you. | 我的所有阴招都是跟你学的 |
[16:08] | I don’t care what rules we play by | 我不管我们怎么较量 |
[16:10] | as long as we’re playing by the same ones. | 只要我们用同一种规则就行 |
[16:12] | So, how fair do you want this fight to be? | 所以 你想怎样光明正大 |
[16:15] | Anything that could get us disbarred | 任何可能让我们被吊销执照 |
[16:16] | or put in prison is off-limits. | 或者进监狱的事都不行 |
[16:17] | You’re still afraid of prison? | 你还对监狱有阴影吗 |
[16:18] | Frank Gallo’s dead. | 弗兰克·加洛已经死了 |
[16:20] | Harvey, I’m serious. | 哈维 我没开玩笑 |
[16:22] | All right, you got yourself a deal. | 好吧 那就按你说的办 |
[16:24] | But one thing: no crying in your coffee. | 但我有一个要求 不管是谁赢 |
[16:27] | We end this thing on good terms no matter who wins. | 让我们平和地结束这个案子 |
[16:29] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[16:31] | I’ll make sure to accept your loss gracefully. | 我会优雅地接受你的失败 |
[16:40] | You were right. I’m not over him. | 你说得对 我还是忘不了他 |
[16:43] | Dare I ask how exactly you came to this conclusion? | 我能问问你是怎么得出这个结论的吗 |
[16:46] | I called him. | 我给他打电话了 |
[16:48] | – Oh, no. – It was a disaster, Donna. | -不是吧 -我搞得一团糟 唐娜 |
[16:49] | I had to redo a million messages. | 那段留言我重录了无数遍 |
[16:51] | I started out calling him Katrina. | 后来我都管他叫卡特里娜了 |
[16:53] | Oh, dear. | 天哪 |
[16:54] | – My F-buddy. – That’s worse. | -我的朋友哥们 -那就更糟了 |
[16:57] | I finally had to write a script for myself just to get out of it. | 最后我不得不写了个草稿才留了言 |
[17:01] | – Is that it? – No. | -就这些吗 -不 |
[17:04] | But I can’t relive the rest of it. | 但是剩下的我说不下去了 |
[17:05] | And I won’t make you, | 那就别说了 |
[17:06] | at least not until you have a martini in you, | 大概五个小时后我陪你喝几杯 |
[17:08] | which by my calculations should be in about five hours. | 到时候再说 |
[17:11] | Are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 你说的是我想的那个意思吗 |
[17:12] | I am. | 是的 |
[17:13] | You and I are hitting the town tonight. | 今晚我们约一下 |
[17:15] | Donna, that’s a great idea. Thank you. | 唐娜 这是个好主意 谢谢你 |
[17:18] | – Shit. – Is everything okay? | -该死 -有什么问题吗 |
[17:23] | it will be. | 没有 |
[17:23] | I just need to figure out how I’m gonna handle something. | 我只是要想一下该怎么处理某些事 |
[17:26] | I’ll meet you in the lobby at 7:00. | 七点我在大厅等你 |
[17:34] | There she is. | 你在这里 |
[17:36] | The wonderful, beautiful love of my life. | 我的奇迹 我的爱 |
[17:38] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[17:39] | Took the afternoon off, did some shoe shopping. | 花了一下午时间买的鞋 |
[17:41] | New glass slippers for my princess. | 给我的公主的新水晶鞋 |
[17:43] | Louis, that is so sweet, but you didn’t need to. | 路易 你真贴心 其实不用的 |
[17:47] | You’re not gonna believe this, | 你可能不信 |
[17:49] | but an anonymous $50,000 donation came in this morning. | 但是今天早上我收到一笔五万美元的匿名捐款 |
[17:55] | That is fantastic. | 那太好啦 |
[17:56] | I am popping the sparkling cider right now. | 我现在就开瓶酒庆祝下 |
[17:59] | And while you’re at it, why don’t you take these | 在这同时你应该把这双 |
[18:01] | anonymous glass slippers and shove them up your ass. | 来路不明的鞋扔远些 |
[18:03] | What now? Is that the phone? | 什么声音 是电话吗 |
[18:04] | Save it, Louis. I know it was you. | 够了 路易 我知道是你做的 |
[18:06] | Anonymous donations don’t come in anonymously. | 匿名捐款也有迹可查 |
[18:08] | They just tell me to keep their name out. | 他们只是让我保密 别说是他们说的 |
[18:10] | Well, then that’s just false advertising. | 好吧 那他们打的就是错误广告 |
[18:11] | Damn it Louis, how could you do this to me? | 路易 你怎么能这么对我 |
[18:13] | “To you”? I was doing it for you. | “对你” 我是为了你才做这事 |
[18:15] | When I saw how upset you were I just couldn’t stand it. | 我受不了看你那么失落 |
[18:17] | I told you to leave me alone, | 我跟你说了别管我 |
[18:19] | and instead, you showed me you think I’m incapable of doing my job. | 而你却多此一举 让我知道我没法胜任自己的工作 |
[18:23] | – Sheila, I spent $50,000. – I don’t care. | -希拉 我花了五万块呢 -那又如何 |
[18:25] | – It was selfish and cruel– – Okay, you know what? | -你这样既自私又冷酷 -好吧 告诉你 |
[18:28] | I have been trying to get it right, | 我一直想让事情往好的方向发展 |
[18:29] | but no matter what I do you just keep biting my head off. | 但是不管我做什么你都会臭骂我一顿 |
[18:31] | That’s because you never just listen. | 那是因为你根本就没听进去我说的话 |
[18:33] | And the last time I listened, you said, | 我听见的最后一句话是你说 |
[18:34] | “Why aren’t you saying anything?” | “你为什么什么也不说” |
[18:36] | And now I’m saying, how could you not think about | 现在我说了 你怎么可以完全不顾我的感受 |
[18:38] | how this would make me feel? | 去做这些事 |
[18:39] | All I have been thinking about is how you feel. | 我从头到尾想的就是你的感受 |
[18:43] | And I have been walking on eggshells this whole time | 我每时每刻都如履薄冰 |
[18:45] | trying not to set off the pregnant woman who– | 试着不要惹孕妇发脾气 |
[18:47] | – Oh, so now I’m crazy. – Yes! | -好 那是我不正常了 -是的 |
[18:49] | Well, then, maybe I should just check myself into a nuthouse | 也许我该去精神病院待着 |
[18:51] | and stop making your life so miserable. | 让你的生活不至于如此悲惨 |
[18:53] | No, Sheila, wait. | 不 希拉 |
[18:56] | Maybe we both need to check ourselves into a nuthouse. | 也许我们俩都应该去精神病院 |
[18:59] | – What are you talking about? – Lipschitz. | -你什么意思 -利普希茨 |
[19:01] | I’m talking about us seeing Stan. | 我们去找斯坦吧 |
[19:03] | How is that going to help? | 那有什么用 |
[19:05] | He hasn’t made you any less insane. | 你还是一样的不正常 |
[19:06] | Oh, yes, he has. You know he has. | 不 他是有作用的 你知道的 |
[19:08] | So what do you say we give it a try? | 你觉得我们试试怎么样 |
[19:09] | Because, Sheila, I don’t know what else to do. | 希拉 我真的没别的办法了 |
[19:15] | Oh, I’m sorry, Donna. | 抱歉 唐娜 |
[19:16] | I am right in the middle of something. | 我现在真的没有时间 |
[19:17] | And I’m on my way to meet Katrina, | 我也赶着要去见卡特里娜 |
[19:18] | but this can’t wait. | 但是这事不能等 |
[19:22] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪得到的这个 |
[19:24] | “The Journal’s” Online edition. | 《华尔街日报》线上版 |
[19:25] | Oh, goddamn Mike Ross. | 该死的迈克·罗斯 |
[19:27] | It’ll be on the front page tomorrow. | 这将会出现在明天头版 |
[19:28] | Well, he’s not getting away with it. | 他也脱不了干系 |
[19:30] | That’s the thing, Samantha. What if he does? | 我正要说 萨曼莎 万一他做到了呢 |
[19:33] | Are you asking me to let him tell the world | 你的意思是让我允许他对外宣称 |
[19:35] | our client exploits people? | 我们的客户剥削员工吗 |
[19:36] | I’m asking you to cut a deal. | 我是让你去和解 |
[19:39] | Samantha, you can still find a compromise. | 萨曼莎 你可以找找折中的办法 |
[19:40] | – Why would I want to do that? – Because Mike Ross is family. | -我为何要这样 -因为迈克·罗斯是家人 |
[19:43] | – He’s not my family. – Yes, he is. | -对我来说他不是 -他是的 |
[19:45] | He’s Robert’s family, and so are you. | 他是罗伯特的家人 那也就是你的家人 |
[19:47] | Donna, I can’t sell out our clients | 唐娜 我不能因为 |
[19:48] | just because Mike married Robert’s daughter. | 迈克娶了罗伯特的女儿就出卖客户 |
[19:50] | I didn’t say “Sell out,” I said “Compromise.” | 我并没说出卖 我说的是”折中”的办法 |
[19:53] | And if you won’t do it because he’s family, | 如果你不顾及他的家人身份 |
[19:55] | then do it because this ad is just the beginning. | 那至少为了这则广告这么做吧 因为好戏才刚开始 |
[19:57] | I am telling you, he is just like you and Harvey. | 我告诉你 他跟你和哈维是同一种人 |
[20:00] | He will never stop, | 他永远不会放弃 |
[20:02] | and if you can’t come up with a win-win, | 如果没办法双赢 |
[20:04] | then I guarantee you, | 那我向你保证 |
[20:05] | we will end up with a lose-lose. | 结果就会是两败俱伤 |
[20:18] | The thing is, I didn’t mean to fall for Brian. | 问题是 我并没想去爱上布莱恩 |
[20:22] | I was just so comfortable around him. | 我只是觉得跟他在一起很舒服 |
[20:24] | Of course, you were at work in your element. | 当然了 你只是在做你的本职工作 |
[20:28] | Have another. | 再喝一杯 |
[20:33] | Katrina, the way to get over Brian | 卡特里娜 忘掉布莱恩的办法 |
[20:35] | is to stop dwelling on him and start having some fun. | 就是不要再对他念念不忘 学会找点乐子 |
[20:38] | What do you mean, “Fun”? | 找什么乐子 |
[20:39] | I mean, before Rachel was with Mike, | 我的意思是 瑞秋跟迈克在一起之前 |
[20:41] | we used to go out and assume the identities | 我们会一起出去 假装自己是 |
[20:44] | of Harriet Specter and Michelle Ross, | 哈莉叶特·斯佩克特和米歇尔·罗斯 |
[20:46] | and we would convince unsuspecting yet handsome men to buy us drinks. | 然后找相信我们的帅哥请我们喝酒 |
[20:49] | You mean, you defrauded the public? | 你是说 你们欺骗了公众 |
[20:51] | That’s exactly what I mean. | 就是这个意思 |
[20:54] | And if I’m not mistaken, | 如果我没记错的话 |
[20:55] | I think Louise Litt is still up for grabs. | 路易丝·利特这个名字还没人用 |
[20:57] | So what do you say we go flank that 6’2″ Hunk of gorgeous? | 不如我们去夹击一下那个一米八八的性感壮汉吧 |
[21:00] | – Donna, I’m not– – Copy that, too handsome. | -唐娜 我不… -明白 太帅了 |
[21:02] | What about Tom Hanks over at 5:00? | 五点钟方向的汤姆·汉克斯怎么样 |
[21:05] | – No, you’re not– – Got it. | -不要 你别… -知道了 |
[21:06] | He might as well be Brian’s brother. | 看他那样有可能是布莱恩的兄弟 |
[21:08] | What about– | 那就 |
[21:09] | Damn it, Donna, I don’t want anyone. | 天哪 唐娜 我谁也不想要 |
[21:12] | Katrina, what’s going on? | 卡特里娜 你怎么了 |
[21:13] | I thought you wanted to talk about how I was feeling, | 我以为你想跟我聊聊我的感受 |
[21:15] | not try to make me party my way out of this. | 而不是让我放下这些去乱搞 |
[21:18] | Katrina, wait. | 卡特里娜 等等 |
[21:21] | When’s the last time you were in a real relationship? | 你上次认真恋爱是什么时候的事了 |
[21:24] | I don’t feel comfortable talking about that with you. | 我觉得跟你聊这些不太舒服 |
[21:27] | In other words, you’ve only been in one real relationship, | 换句话说 你只谈过一次认真的恋爱 |
[21:29] | and you broke both your hearts | 然后你把你们俩的心都伤透了 |
[21:30] | because you didn’t want anything to get in the way of your career, | 因为你不想让任何事物阻碍你的事业 |
[21:33] | and I must be losing it | 我给了错误的建议 |
[21:34] | because I completely misread the situation. | 因为我对这件事的理解是错的 |
[21:37] | What do you mean? | 你想说什么 |
[21:38] | Brian was your soul’s way of telling you | 布莱恩的事 是你的灵魂在告诉你 |
[21:39] | that there’s more to life than work, | 生活的内容远远不止工作 |
[21:41] | and the person that you need to develop a relationship with is you. | 你真正应该学会的是 如何跟你自己好好相处 |
[21:46] | How am I supposed to do that? | 那我应该怎么做呢 |
[21:47] | You are gonna start by promising me | 首先 你要答应我 |
[21:49] | that one night a week you’re gonna do something | 每个星期拿出一个晚上 |
[21:51] | that’s just for you. | 去做一些专属于你自己的事情 |
[21:53] | I don’t care if it’s a cooking class | 不管是去学烹饪 |
[21:54] | or origami or just curling up with your favorite book | 还是日式折纸 或者就蜷坐着看本喜欢的书 |
[21:57] | as long as it has nothing to do with work. | 只要跟工作毫无关系就行 |
[22:00] | Or origami. | 折纸也算了吧 |
[22:04] | I promise. | 我答应你 |
[22:05] | And I’m going to start tonight by having drinks with a friend. | 那我今晚就以跟朋友喝酒作为开始 |
[22:09] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 我说的就是这个意思 |
[22:16] | – You’re not Harvey. – And you’re not Jeremy Wall. | -你不是哈维 -你也不是杰里米·华尔 |
[22:19] | But you took an ad out in his name defaming my client. | 但你以他的名义发了广告 抹黑我的客户 |
[22:22] | Are you here to shoot me? | 你来这里是要杀了我吗 |
[22:23] | I’m here to negotiate with you. | 我来这里是要跟你谈判 |
[22:24] | Then come on in. | 那请进吧 |
[22:28] | We took out that ad | 我们发那篇广告 |
[22:29] | because Brick Street is exploiting its workers, | 是因为砖街正在剥削它的工人 |
[22:31] | and we have every right to say so. | 我们当然有权这样说 |
[22:32] | Then let’s get to it. | 那我们就开始谈吧 |
[22:33] | What’s it gonna take to make it all go away? | 要怎么做才能平息这场风波 |
[22:35] | It’s simple. | 很简单 |
[22:36] | You stop making clothes the way you do | 不要再用这种方式做衣服了 |
[22:38] | or you let Jeremy out of his contract with full pay. | 或者你们让杰里米拿到全款并终止合同 |
[22:40] | Of course, you could do both, but I’m a realist. | 你们当然可以两件事都做 但我也知道这不可能 |
[22:42] | Look, Mike, I am trying to find some common ground. | 迈克 我在想办法实现双方共赢 |
[22:46] | I’ve known your father-in-law forever, | 我认识你的岳父很久了 |
[22:48] | your wife since she was a little girl. | 你的妻子和我也是打小就认识 |
[22:49] | Well, who’s playing the violin now? | 现在是谁在投机取巧了 |
[22:51] | Do you really expect me to start tearing up | 你真的觉得这样就能打动我吗 |
[22:52] | because you used to babysit Rachel? | 就因为你做过瑞秋的保姆 |
[22:54] | “Babysit her”? | “保姆” |
[22:56] | I saved her father from going to prison. | 我救了她父亲 让他免受牢狱之灾 |
[22:58] | And what does that have to do with the way your clients treat its people? | 这个和你的客户如何对待工人有什么关系吗 |
[23:01] | You want the truth? Nothing. | 你想听实话吗 没有关系 |
[23:03] | The only reason I’m here talking to you is because Donna begged me to. | 我来这里找你 只是因为唐娜央求我来的 |
[23:05] | Well, I don’t really care what Donna did. | 好吧 我并不在乎唐娜做了什么 |
[23:07] | I’m not handing Harvey a win, | 我不会将胜利拱手让给哈维 |
[23:08] | and I’m certainly not handing one to his new second fiddle. | 我更不会将胜利让给他新找的副手 |
[23:12] | You’re not handing anything to anybody | 你没有什么可以拱手相让 |
[23:14] | because I have you and your client dead to rights. | 因为我会让你和你的客户一败涂地 |
[23:16] | You’re lucky I don’t come after you for slander. | 我要是不接着告你们诽谤 你们就庆幸吧 |
[23:19] | Let me guess: this is the part | 让我猜猜 这会儿你就该 |
[23:20] | where you slap me with a defamation suit. | 拿出一纸诽谤的诉状来扇我的脸了吧 |
[23:22] | Well, I happen to have one right here. | 没错 我刚好带了一份过来 |
[23:25] | Well, then, you might as well hand over that suit, | 好吧 那你就把诉状也给我吧 |
[23:26] | because I’m not changing the offer | 因为我不打算修改条件 |
[23:27] | and we are definitely not pulling that ad. | 我们也绝对不会撤回那篇广告 |
[23:37] | Faye, can I help you? | 法耶 有事找我帮忙吗 |
[23:38] | I hope so. | 希望你能帮得上 |
[23:40] | I was wondering what you could tell me about Mike Ross. | 你能不能告诉我迈克·罗斯的情况 |
[23:42] | Easy, he’s cocky, arrogant, | 这个容易 他高傲 自大 |
[23:45] | thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. | 他觉得自己是这里最聪明的人 |
[23:46] | And he’s had my back more than once, | 他也帮了我不止一次 |
[23:48] | so why don’t you tell me what you’re doing here? | 所以你来找我到底有什么事呢 |
[23:50] | I’m here because Harvey and Mr. Ross have history, | 我来找你是因为哈维和罗斯先生有交情 |
[23:52] | and when people have history, | 如果人们有交情 |
[23:54] | they tend to do things they shouldn’t. | 他们就很容易去做不该做的事 |
[23:56] | Not to mention Samantha’s now involved. | 更别说现在萨曼莎也参与进去了 |
[23:59] | You’ve gotta be shitting me. | 你开什么玩笑 |
[24:00] | That’s why you came in all hat in hand? | 你惺惺作态地走进来就是为了这个吗 |
[24:03] | – You want me to spy on them. – Not spy, oversee. | -你想让我当间谍 -不是间谍 是监督 |
[24:05] | Well, my answer’s the same either way. | 好吧 无论如何我的回答都一样 |
[24:07] | I’m not a snitch and I’m not a damn babysitter. | 我不会告密 我也不是该死的保姆 |
[24:09] | And I didn’t come hat in hand. | 我也没有惺惺作态 |
[24:10] | I came with respect, because you’re the only name partner | 我是尊重你 因为你是这里唯一一个 |
[24:13] | in this place that hasn’t come at me. | 没有跟我作对的冠名合伙人 |
[24:15] | You want people to stop coming at you, Faye, | 法耶 如果你不想大家跟你作对 |
[24:16] | stop doing shit where you show you don’t trust us | 你就不要再做这些事情 这让人觉得你不信任我们 |
[24:18] | and we can’t trust you. | 我们也无法信任你 |
[24:20] | You don’t want to do this, don’t do it, | 你不想做这件事 那就别做 |
[24:22] | but there’s a powder keg here and I’m the only one trying | 但现在这里有个火药桶 而我是唯一一个 |
[24:25] | to keep it from exploding. | 在努力防止它爆炸的人 |
[24:31] | Harvey, good. The deposition is tomorrow– | 哈维 太好了 取证安排在明天… |
[24:33] | Did you go see Mike behind my back? | 你是不是背着我去见了迈克 |
[24:35] | – Yes, I did, but– – Why? | -对 我去了 但是 -为什么 |
[24:37] | Because Donna practically begged me to work things out with him. | 因为唐娜央求我去找他和谈 |
[24:40] | Samantha, I didn’t take this case to lay down. | 萨曼莎 我接这个案子不是为了妥协 |
[24:42] | I took it to win. | 我接手是为了赢 |
[24:43] | Then what are you getting so worked up about? Because I didn’t lay down. | 那你还生什么气 我没妥协 |
[24:45] | I slapped them both with a defamation suit, | 我回敬了他们一个诽谤诉讼 |
[24:47] | which is exactly what you would have done | 要是你看到了那个广告 |
[24:48] | if you had seen that ad. | 你也会这么做 |
[24:49] | It isn’t what I would have done | 我不会那么做 |
[24:50] | because I told you, I know him, | 因为我告诉你了 我了解他 |
[24:52] | and he didn’t fly all the way out here just to get slapped with a suit | 他大老远来 不会就是为了让我们给他一个 |
[24:55] | he could have seen coming a mile away. | 他早知道我们会提的诉讼 |
[24:57] | You know what, I’m getting a little tired | 我告诉你 我已经厌烦你 |
[24:59] | of you telling me I can’t handle this kid. | 不停地跟我说我处理不了这孩子了 |
[25:00] | Well, that’s too bad, because until you filed the suit | 很抱歉 因为在你提起这个诉讼前 |
[25:02] | the only questions they could ask | 他们能问的唯一问题 |
[25:04] | were about Jeremy’s contract. | 就是关于杰里米的合同 |
[25:06] | Now, they get to ask about our manufacturing conditions. | 而现在 他们可以询问生产条件了 |
[25:08] | And that doesn’t matter | 那也没事 |
[25:10] | because we didn’t do anything wrong. | 我们也没做错什么 |
[25:11] | Don’t you get it? | 你还不懂吗 |
[25:12] | We don’t have to have done anything wrong. | 我们不一定非得做错什么 |
[25:14] | He just has to make it look that way to a jury. | 他只需要让陪审团感觉错了就行 |
[25:16] | – Shit. – That’s right. | -该死 -没错 |
[25:18] | So you and I are gonna stay here | 所以你和我要待在这里 |
[25:20] | for as long as it takes to figure out how to get out of this. | 直到想到解决办法为止 |
[25:24] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[25:27] | If his goal is to play his violin in front of a jury, | 如果他的目标是在陪审团前花言巧语来卖惨 |
[25:30] | all we have to do is make sure they never get to hear it. | 我们只要确保陪审团听不到就好了 |
[25:39] | Mind if the, enemy stops in? | 介不介意让敌人进来一下 |
[25:41] | I do, but you’re not the enemy. | 介意 但你不是敌人 |
[25:44] | I guess you haven’t heard about me and Harvey, then. | 那恐怕你还不知道我和哈维的事 |
[25:46] | I’ve heard, but I stand by my statement. | 知道 而且我依旧坚持我的观点 |
[25:50] | How have you been? | 你好吗 |
[25:51] | – How’s Rachel? – Good. | -瑞秋呢 -挺好 |
[25:52] | In fact, if I told you how good, you probably wouldn’t believe me. | 事实上 好得让你不敢相信 |
[25:55] | – Please tell her I said hello. – I will. | -请代我问候她 -好的 |
[25:58] | Speaking of good, check out this office. | 说到好 瞧瞧这间办公室 |
[26:02] | Shit. | 拽啊 |
[26:09] | – What’s the matter? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没怎么 |
[26:11] | It’s just, you should have been senior partner first, not me. | 只是 你才该先成为资深合伙人 而不是我 |
[26:15] | Katrina, I am exactly where I want to be. | 卡特里娜 我现在就在我想在的位置 |
[26:21] | I’ll let you get back to work. | 不打扰你工作了 |
[26:23] | Mike, I know it’s not my business, | 迈克 我知道此事与我无关 |
[26:26] | but Samantha is an excellent lawyer, | 但萨曼莎是位很棒的律师 |
[26:29] | and deep down, she’s a good person. | 而且内心深处 她是个好人 |
[26:32] | – But? – Don’t push her. | -但是呢 -不要逼她 |
[26:35] | I’m not trying to do anything to her. | 我没打算把她怎么样 |
[26:36] | This is between me and Harvey. | 这本来就是我和哈维的较量 |
[26:38] | As far as I’m concerned, she’s just along for the ride. | 对我来说 她就是个拼车的 |
[26:41] | That’s the thing about Samantha. | 问题就在这里 |
[26:43] | She’s never just along for the ride. | 她绝不是拼车的 |
[26:51] | Coming to beg for mercy before I rip your guy apart? | 在我撕了你的人之前 来求和的吗 |
[26:53] | No, I’m coming to give formal notice | 不 我是来正式通知你 |
[26:56] | of our decision to waive a jury trial. | 我们决定放弃陪审团庭审权 |
[26:58] | What? | 什么 |
[26:59] | I’ll use tiny words so you’ll understand. | 怕你不懂 我说简单点 |
[27:02] | This case is going to a judge and only a judge. | 这件案子能且只能见法官 |
[27:04] | This is bullshit. | 胡闹 |
[27:05] | What’s bullshit is you’re gonna make it seem like | 胡闹的是你 是你想做出一副我的客户 |
[27:07] | my client exploits his workers. | 剥削劳工的样子 |
[27:09] | That’s because he does. | 因为那是事实 |
[27:11] | Those working conditions are miserable. | 那些工作条件差极了 |
[27:12] | And that’s exactly the kind of sob story you were gonna play for a jury. | 而这就是你想在陪审团面前拿来卖惨的故事 |
[27:16] | Well, we took that bullet out of your chamber, | 现在我们已经拿走了你这颗子弹 |
[27:18] | so why don’t we call this off | 所以不如我们取消诉讼 |
[27:20] | and you don’t have to embarrass yourself in there? | 你也不必进去丢人现眼了 怎么样 |
[27:23] | No, we’re not calling anything off | 不 我才不打算取消什么 |
[27:24] | because while a jury might never hear it, | 因为就算陪审团听不到 |
[27:26] | I’m gonna make that motherfucker answer for what he’s doing. | 我也要让里面那个混蛋为他干的好事付出代价 |
[27:30] | Mr. Haskins, how many people work in your factories in China? | 哈斯金斯先生 你在中国的工厂有多少员工 |
[27:33] | Approximately 2,000. | 大概两千人 |
[27:34] | And are you aware that those 2,000 people | 你知道这两千人的工作量 |
[27:36] | work twice what they’re supposed to? | 是正常工作量的两倍吗 |
[27:38] | That’s a fabrication and there’s no record of it. | 捏造事实 并没有相关记录 |
[27:40] | You want a record? | 你要记录是吧 |
[27:40] | These people make less than 20 cents an hour. | 这些人每小时只赚20美分 |
[27:42] | You make $20 million a year. How do you live with yourself? | 而你一年赚两千万 你怎么好意思的 |
[27:44] | Every company makes clothes the same way. | 所有服装厂都是这样 |
[27:46] | Is it perfect? | 完美吗 |
[27:47] | No, but we can’t compete if we don’t do the same thing. | 不完美 但不这样我们就无法竞争 |
[27:50] | And we’re not violating the terms of Jeremy’s contract. | 而且我们并没有违反杰里米的合同 |
[27:53] | No, you’re just building an empire on the backs of women and children. | 对 你只是用在那些妇女童工的血汗建立帝国 |
[27:55] | – Are you kidding me? – Don’t you say that. | -你逗我呢 -才不是这样 |
[27:57] | – No children are involved. – So it’s just women, then? | -我没有用童工 -所以只有妇女是吗 |
[27:59] | You’re twisting my words. | 你强词夺理 |
[28:00] | We break no local laws, no international laws– | 我们没有违法当地劳动法 或者国际法 |
[28:02] | And yet, conditions are so fucking bad | 但是 你的工作条件太差 |
[28:05] | that two people have killed themselves in the last two years! | 以至于过去两年间已经有两个人选择了自杀 |
[28:07] | God damn it, I don’t care how many people have killed themselves! | 该死的 我才不在乎有多少人自杀了 |
[28:10] | This has nothing to do with my company! | 那和我的公司没有关系 |
[28:12] | We abide by the law. | 我们遵守了法律 |
[28:15] | Are you done? | 问完了吗 |
[28:16] | Because you can get emotional and he can get emotional | 因为你可以激动 他也可以激动 |
[28:19] | and you still have no evidence, no jury, and no case. | 你依旧没有证据 陪审团 或者赢的可能 |
[28:23] | And I don’t have to remind you that this testimony | 而我也不需要提醒你 这次取证 |
[28:25] | is not to be revealed outside this room. | 你无权对外公开 |
[28:27] | And tomorrow morning, we go to a judge, | 明天一早 我们就去见法官 |
[28:29] | and then I send you back to wherever you came from | 然后你从哪来的就回哪去吧 |
[28:31] | with nothing but your crocodile tears | 能带走的只有你的鳄鱼眼泪 |
[28:32] | and a big fat loss. | 和惨痛的失败 |
[28:41] | Let me see if I understand this correctly. | 我来理一下这件事 |
[28:43] | Louis, you fabricated a $50,000 donation to Columbia | 路易 你假装为哥伦比亚大学捐款五万美元 |
[28:47] | out of nothing but love for your partner. | 只是因为对伴侣的爱 |
[28:50] | Exactly. | 是的 |
[28:52] | And Sheila, this same gesture filled you with rage. | 而希拉 恰是这个行为让你愤怒 |
[28:56] | As it would anyone. | 每个人都会这样 |
[28:57] | Then I believe I may have a way to help you through this. | 那么我也许有办法帮你渡过难关 |
[29:01] | Does it include me screaming into a pillow? | 这之中包括脸埋在枕头里大喊吗 |
[29:02] | – Because I’m out 50 grand. – Okay, you know what, Louis? | -因为我可花了五万 -你先闭嘴 路易 |
[29:04] | If I may. | 先让我说 |
[29:08] | I understand you two have an interest in role-play. | 我知道你们俩对角色扮演有兴趣 |
[29:11] | – You told him about that? – Of course I did. | -你告诉他的 -当然 |
[29:13] | It’s therapy. It’s a passionate interest. | 这是个治疗方法 这是个很好的兴趣 |
[29:15] | Okay, well, I’m not playing Hansel and Gretel | 我可不要和你的纳粹心理治疗师 |
[29:17] | with your Nazi therapist. | 一起演《奇幻森林历险记》 |
[29:18] | Sheila, as I’ve told Louis no fewer than 65 times, | 希拉 我已经跟路易至少说过65次 |
[29:23] | I am not a Nazi. | 我不是纳粹 |
[29:24] | Secondly, I am suggesting nothing | 其次 我也没建议你去演 |
[29:26] | of the Hansel and Gretel sort. | 《奇幻森林历险记》之类的东西 |
[29:28] | Wait a second, are you suggesting that we do | 等等 你不会在建议我们去做 |
[29:30] | – what you had me and Harvey do? – I am. | -你让我和哈维做的事情吧 -是的 |
[29:31] | Well, then, I’m out, because I have no interest | 那我不干了 因为我没兴趣 |
[29:33] | in me pretending to be Sheila and her pretending to be me | 来假装我是希拉 希拉是我 |
[29:35] | because it’s stupid and it’s not gonna lead to anything. | 因为这很蠢 而且不会有任何结果 |
[29:38] | – Are you finished? – Okay, let’s try it. | -你说完了吗 -好吧 我们来试试吧 |
[29:40] | What gave rise to the initial incident? | 这件事的最初导火索是什么 |
[29:42] | Ironically, it happened during role-play. | 讽刺的是 这正是由角色扮演引发的 |
[29:44] | Can you reenact it for me? | 你能为我重演一次吗 |
[29:45] | No, I cannot, because all I can remember | 我不能 因为我只记得 |
[29:47] | is I was getting ready to play “Cinderella’s dirty redemption” | 我正准备去演”灰姑娘的肮脏救赎” |
[29:50] | and then the next thing I know, she is yelling at me. | 然后下一秒钟 她就开始朝着我大喊大叫 |
[29:53] | Because you made it clear I was unattractive to you. | 因为你明确表态了我对你没有吸引力 |
[29:56] | Sheila, that’s just not true. I don’t care about your feet. | 希拉 这不是真的 我不在乎你的脚 |
[29:58] | – You said they were fat. – You said they were fat. | -你说它们很胖 -是你自己说的 |
[30:00] | And instead of reassuring me, all you focused on | 并且你没来安慰我 你一门心思都在 |
[30:02] | was the money you were out. | 惦记你损失的那些钱 |
[30:03] | – It was $9,000. – Don’t you get it? | -那双鞋九千呢 -你还不懂吗 |
[30:05] | – What if I can’t pay it back? – But you can pay it back. | -要是我赚不回来呢 -但你能赚回来 |
[30:08] | That’s the whole reason I spent the $50,000– | 你要是赚不回来 我干嘛还花这五万美金 |
[30:10] | to convince you that you’re good at your job. | 来让你相信你确实很擅长自己的工作 |
[30:12] | No, you spent $50,000 to make me feel trapped in my job. | 不 你花这钱是为了让我自觉被工作困住 |
[30:15] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[30:16] | – I thought you loved your job. – So did I. | -我以为你很喜欢你的工作 -我也以为啊 |
[30:20] | Sheila, I don’t understand. | 希拉 我不懂 |
[30:25] | Louis, I never saw myself having children. | 路易 我从未想过自己会有孩子 |
[30:31] | But the more I embrace becoming a mother… | 但我越想成为一个母亲… |
[30:35] | the more I feel pulled in two opposite directions. | 我就越觉得自己正在被拉向两个相反的方向 |
[30:39] | And maybe I just want to pick one. | 也许我只想选一边走 |
[30:43] | Why didn’t you tell me this? | 你怎么之前不告诉我 |
[30:46] | Because being a warrior is who I am. | 因为我本就是一个战士 |
[30:50] | And I if I change who I am… | 如果我改变了 我不再是我了… |
[30:52] | What if Louis won’t want you anymore? | 如果路易不想要你了怎么办 |
[30:58] | Sheila, look at me. | 希拉 看着我 |
[31:01] | Being a warrior has nothing to do with your job. | 成为一个战士 与你的工作无关 |
[31:05] | It’s who you are. | 你生来便如此 |
[31:07] | And no matter what you choose to do about your career, | 无论你在职业道路上作出怎样的选择 |
[31:10] | I support it 1,000%. | 我都会给你百分之一千的支持 |
[31:16] | I love you, Louis. | 我爱你 路易 |
[31:30] | You look like you could use this more than me. | 看来你比我更需要来杯咖啡 |
[31:32] | I came in early today because I couldn’t sleep | 我今天因为失眠早来了 |
[31:33] | and all of a sudden it just hit me. | 结果突然间就开始困了 |
[31:36] | What, are you stressed out about a client? | 怎么 为客户的事倍感压力吗 |
[31:37] | I was out late drinking with Donna. | 我昨晚跟唐娜在外面喝酒到很晚 |
[31:41] | I feel that. | 我猜也是 |
[31:43] | Katrina, you know about this Mike, Harvey, and Samantha thing? | 卡特里娜 你知道迈克 哈维和萨曼莎那档子事吗 |
[31:46] | I do. Why? | 知道啊 怎么了 |
[31:47] | What if I told you Faye came to me | 如果我跟你说 法耶来找我 |
[31:49] | to keep an eye on them | 让我盯着他们 |
[31:50] | to make sure it doesn’t get out of control? | 别让事态失控呢 |
[31:52] | I’d say it wouldn’t surprise me, | 我会说这不意外 |
[31:54] | but what you’re really asking is, | 但其实你真正想问的是 |
[31:56] | do I think you should warn them? | 我是否觉得你应该警告他们 |
[31:58] | Because I know you didn’t agree to spy. | 因为我知道你不同意监视 |
[32:01] | I guess that is what I’m asking. | 我猜这正是我想问的 |
[32:03] | – Don’t do it. – You mind if I ask why not? | -别这么做 -介意我问问为什么吗 |
[32:06] | Have you ever seen either one of them react well | 你什么时候见过他们中的一个乖乖听话 |
[32:08] | to an authority figure telling them not to do something? | 权威人物不让他们做什么 他们就不去做的 |
[32:10] | Shit, it’ll just make them more likely to do it. | 该死 这只会火上浇油 |
[32:13] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[32:13] | Besides, I already told Mike not to push Samantha. | 另外 我已经告诉过迈克别逼萨曼莎 |
[32:17] | With any luck, we’ll get out of this thing | 最好大家不用撕破脸皮 |
[32:18] | without it blowing up in any of our faces. | 就把这事情解决掉 |
[32:27] | Harvey, what are you doing here? | 哈维 你来有何贵干 |
[32:29] | I’m here to talk about today. | 我来谈谈今天的事 |
[32:30] | Well, if you’re looking for a settlement, | 如果你们想和解 |
[32:32] | our original offer stands. | 我们最初开出的条件仍然有效 |
[32:34] | “Original offer”? Were you in there? | “最初的条件” 你当时在场吗 |
[32:36] | You got your ass kicked. | 你可是被打得落花流水 |
[32:38] | I’m just here to make sure we’re still good. | 我只是来确认一下 我们还是好兄弟 |
[32:40] | You haven’t seen it, have you? | 你还没看到 是吧 |
[32:41] | Seen what? | 看到什么 |
[32:42] | Jeremy had a interview scheduled for today, | 杰里米今天有一个采访 |
[32:45] | but there was– | 但当时… |
[32:47] | well, there was a last-minute wardrobe change. | 他在最后一刻换了衣服 |
[32:54] | Guess Russell Westbrook isn’t the only one | 看来不光拉塞尔·威斯布鲁克一个人 |
[32:56] | who can make a fashion statement. | 可以成为时尚代言人 |
[32:58] | Damn it, Mike, that deposition was under seal. | 该死 迈克 那次取证是不公开的 |
[33:00] | So sue me. | 那你告我啊 |
[33:01] | But, if you do, it won’t be a countersuit anymore, | 但如果这么做 这事就不再是反诉那么简单 |
[33:04] | which means there will be a jury. | 到时候就会有陪审团 |
[33:05] | And if you think I won’t have you sanctioned for this– | 但如果你认为我不会因这件事制裁你… |
[33:07] | Go ahead, ’cause this is already going viral. | 放马过来 因为这视频已经在病毒式传播了 |
[33:09] | The more Brick Street tries to stop it from getting out, | 砖街越是要封锁消息 |
[33:11] | the more people are gonna see it, | 就会有越多的人看到 |
[33:13] | so I suggest, Harvey, that you just tell them | 所以我建议 哈维 你直接让他们 |
[33:16] | to give us what we want. | 把我们要的给我们就行了 |
[33:19] | I don’t get it. | 我不懂 |
[33:20] | You went to all this trouble just to get him out | 你大费周章地把他弄出来 |
[33:22] | so he would sign with a competitor? | 就为了让他和竞争对手签约吗 |
[33:24] | Well, I’ve got some news for you, Harvey: | 我有消息要告诉你 哈维 |
[33:26] | he’s actually not looking to sign with a competitor. | 他其实不想和竞争者签约 |
[33:29] | He’s looking to be the competitor. | 他想成为竞争者 |
[33:33] | He gets the money from his contract | 合同带来的收入 |
[33:35] | to put into his company… | 可以让他自立门户… |
[33:37] | Free advertising from a public feud. | 公开不和就是免费广告 |
[33:39] | And maybe he changes the way things get done in the process. | 也许他在这个过程中改变了做事的方式 |
[33:42] | You helped him plan this thing from the beginning, didn’t you? | 这事情一开始就是你帮他一手策划的 是不是 |
[33:45] | Well– how the hell did you pull that off? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[33:47] | It was easy. | 很容易 |
[33:49] | You see, I knew that you would play the man, | 我知道你会针对人而非事 |
[33:50] | but the thing is, the version of me | 但事实上 你以为 |
[33:52] | you thought you were playing, he doesn’t exist anymore. | 你在玩弄的那个我 他不复存在了 |
[33:55] | The new Mike cares more about the results | 新版迈克更关注结果 |
[33:57] | than he does about playing the violin. | 而不是投机取巧 |
[34:01] | Gotta give you credit, Mike, | 你这招确实高明 迈克 |
[34:03] | But you couldn’t have done any of this | 但如果不是那些年从我那儿学了这么多 |
[34:06] | if you hadn’t learned so much from me all those years. | 你也不可能有今天的水平 |
[34:08] | Are you actually taking credit for my win when you lost? | 我赢了 你输了 你还要居功是吧 |
[34:13] | Let’s be very clear about something here, Harvey. | 我们把事情搞清楚 哈维 |
[34:15] | Right now, you are the governor of Loserville, | 现在 你是败者州的州长 |
[34:18] | and I am the mayor of Winnertown. | 我是胜者市的市长 |
[34:21] | You know mayor’s below governor, right? | 你知道市长比州长低阶的是吧 |
[34:23] | Not in Winnertown, he isn’t. | 在胜者市就不是 |
[34:25] | Mike, enjoy it while it lasts. | 迈克 好好享受你这点赢家时光吧 |
[34:27] | Next time, you won’t have the element of surprise. | 下一次 惊喜就不会在你这边了 |
[34:30] | Who said there’s gonna be a next time? | 谁说还有下一次的 |
[34:32] | What do you say we get a drink? | 不如我们去喝一杯吧 |
[34:33] | You, me, and Donna? | 你 我和唐娜 |
[34:35] | Yeah, that sounds nice, Harvey. | 好啊 听起来挺不错的 哈维 |
[34:38] | Donna, do you have a minute? | 唐娜 有空谈谈吗 |
[34:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[34:41] | Always. | 随时效劳 |
[34:43] | I just wanted to tell you | 我只是想告诉你 |
[34:44] | that I signed up for a dance class. | 我报了舞蹈班 |
[34:47] | I like it. | 不错嘛 |
[34:48] | Tango? Salsa? | 探戈还是萨尔萨舞 |
[34:50] | Ballet. | 芭蕾 |
[34:51] | I was into it when I was younger. | 我小时候喜欢芭蕾 |
[34:53] | Of course you were. | 那是当然 |
[34:55] | – I’m so happy for you. – That’s not all. | -我很为你高兴 -这还不是全部 |
[34:58] | Right after I signed up for class, | 在我报完班之后 |
[34:59] | I noticed I had a voicemail from Brian. | 我注意到我有一条布莱恩发给我的语音消息 |
[35:03] | – He called me back. – What did he say? | -他给我回电话了 -他说什么了 |
[35:05] | That’s just it… | 就这样… |
[35:07] | I deleted it without even listening. | 我听都没听就把它删掉了 |
[35:09] | Katrina, that’s amazing. | 卡特里娜 你太棒了 |
[35:11] | Thank you, Donna. | 多谢夸奖 唐娜 |
[35:14] | Harvey and I are supposed to get together with Mike tonight. | 哈维和我今晚要和迈克聚一聚 |
[35:17] | – Do you want to join us? – I can’t. | -你要一起来吗 -我来不了 |
[35:19] | Tonight’s the first night of class. | 今晚要上第一节课 |
[35:20] | Well, then, prance on out of here. | 好吧 那你去翩翩起舞吧 |
[35:27] | – Did you see that video? – I did. | -你看到那支视频了吗 -我看到了 |
[35:30] | That asshole set us up. | 那混蛋设计我们 |
[35:32] | And you know it. | 而你知道这件事 |
[35:34] | Well, I’m not letting him get away with it. | 我不会让他得逞的 |
[35:35] | Samantha, he beat us fair and square. | 萨曼莎 他光明正大地打败了我们 |
[35:37] | Bullshit, he planned this whole thing in advance. | 放屁 这些都是他事先计划好的 |
[35:39] | A clear violation of Jeremy’s contract. | 摆明了就是要违反杰里米的合同 |
[35:40] | And knowing Mike, we’ll never prove it. | 我了解迈克 我们没办法证明的 |
[35:43] | Careful, Harvey. | 你当心点 哈维 |
[35:44] | You’re starting to sound like you’re proud of him. | 你这口气听起来你还挺为他骄傲 |
[35:46] | And what if I am? | 要是我就是为他骄傲呢 |
[35:47] | Then get off the field, | 那就别参战 |
[35:48] | because one of us isn’t finished fighting. | 因为我们中必须有一个人继续抗争 |
[35:50] | I told you, there’s no way we’ll prove it. | 我告诉过你了 我们没办法证明的 |
[35:52] | – Then I’ll make proof. – No, you won’t. | -那我就制造证据 -不 你不会的 |
[35:55] | Are you paying attention to what’s going on around here? | 你注意到目前周围的形势了吗 |
[35:57] | If you’re talking about Faye, Mike Ross isn’t the only one | 如果你在说法耶 迈克·罗斯不是唯一一个 |
[35:59] | that can do things without leaving a trace. | 能做事不留痕的人 |
[36:01] | Samantha, I told him we wouldn’t do anything like this. | 萨曼莎 我跟他说了我们不会做这种事 |
[36:04] | And you told me you wanted to win. | 而你告诉我你想赢 |
[36:07] | – Get out of my way. – No. | -闪开 -不 |
[36:08] | You’re letting this go, and that’s an order. | 这件事你放手 这是命令 |
[36:11] | – You don’t give me orders. – I do now. | -你不能命令我 -我现在能了 |
[36:14] | You do this, you’ll wish you had problems with Faye. | 你这么做 就等着法耶来找你麻烦吧 |
[36:20] | Then you are taking this loss, not me. | 那这次的失败由你承担 不是我 |
[36:32] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[36:33] | Your new business cards. | 你的新名片 |
[36:36] | This says my title is “Vice President.” | 这上面写的我的职位是”副总裁” |
[36:38] | It does. | 没错 |
[36:40] | – You’re giving me a promotion? – And a 30% raise. | -你要给我升职吗 -再加薪30% |
[36:43] | Is this because I helped you out with Sheila? | 是因为我帮你搞定了希拉吗 |
[36:45] | It’s because you’re a warrior. | 是因为你是个战士 |
[36:46] | You always have been, and it’s long past time | 你一直都是 长久以来 |
[36:48] | I let you know how much I appreciate it. | 我都想让你知道我很欣赏这一点 |
[36:52] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[36:53] | No, Benjamin, thank you. | 不 本杰明 是我该谢你 |
[37:05] | I’ve gotta say, you were right. | 我不得不说 你是对的 |
[37:06] | This is much better than going out. | 在家里确实比出门吃要好得多 |
[37:08] | Thanks. | 多谢夸奖 |
[37:09] | Of course, when I suggested it, I didn’t mean | 当然了 当我建议你这么做的时候 |
[37:11] | that I would be the one to go to the grocery store | 我没想到我会是那个去超市 |
[37:13] | and the cheese shop and the wine place. | 奶酪店和葡萄酒商店采购的人 |
[37:15] | To be fair, I do buy my own toilet paper. | 说句公道话 我的厕纸还是我自己买的 |
[37:17] | Which we would have had to use as napkins | 如果我没买餐巾的话 |
[37:18] | if I hadn’t also picked up napkins. | 我们就得把你的厕纸当餐巾了 |
[37:21] | Thank God he’s here. | 太好了 他到了 |
[37:24] | – You want some cheese? – What the hell did you do? | -想来点奶酪吗 -你做了什么 |
[37:27] | What are you talking about? I didn’t do anything. | 你在说什么 我什么都没做 |
[37:28] | You bribed Charles Hu to say I contacted him | 你贿赂查尔斯·胡 让他说我早在一年半前 |
[37:30] | a year and a half ago with a scheme | 就联系了他 并有计划地 |
[37:32] | to break up Jeremy’s contract, and I can’t dispute it | 要违反杰里米的合同 而我无法辩驳 |
[37:34] | because we’re on the record saying the guy’s a saint. | 因为我们公开表明这人是个圣人 |
[37:37] | Mike, listen to me, I had nothing to do with this. | 迈克 听我说 我与此事无关 |
[37:40] | – Bullshit! – It’s not bullshit, Mike. | -胡说 -不是胡说 迈克 |
[37:41] | He’s telling the truth. | 他在说实话 |
[37:42] | Okay, well, if it wasn’t you then it was her. | 行 不是你 那就是她 |
[37:44] | So my question is, what are you gonna do about it? | 所以我的问题是 你打算怎么办 |
[37:47] | What the hell can I do about it? | 我能怎么办 |
[37:49] | You can say she fabricated evidence, like she did. | 你可以说她伪造证据 因为她确实做了 |
[37:51] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[37:52] | Do you know what would happen to her? | 你知道那样她会付出什么代价吗 |
[37:54] | I don’t care! | 我不管 |
[37:54] | She is cheating | 因为她犯规 |
[37:55] | my client out of a company that could change people’s lives! | 现在我客户的那家能改变人们生活的公司就要没了 |
[37:58] | And I’m not gonna sell her out! | 我不会出卖她的 |
[38:00] | Just like I’d do for you if you were still here. | 如果你还在 我也会为你这么做 |
[38:02] | I don’t believe this. You’re pissed that I left! | 难以置信 你就是气我走了 |
[38:04] | No, Mike, I’m glad that you left, | 不 迈克 我很高兴你走了 |
[38:06] | and you could have come back to visit any fucking time, | 而且你任何时候都可以回来看我 |
[38:09] | but you came back to pick a fight with me | 但你回来却是为了跟我打对台官司 |
[38:10] | that you rigged six months ago. | 更别提这事你已经谋划了六个月 |
[38:12] | Oh, so it’s not that I left, it’s just that I beat you. | 所以你不气我走了 而是气我赢了你 |
[38:14] | No, you almost did. | 不 你是差点赢了 |
[38:16] | I was gonna let you get away with it, but she didn’t. | 我本来是打算让你赢 但她自作主张 |
[38:18] | And I might want to kill her, but I’m not gonna betray her. | 我可能会想掐死她 但我不会背叛她 |
[38:21] | I don’t care about her! I care about you. | 我不在乎她 我在乎的是你 |
[38:25] | You gave me your word, and the Harvey I know | 你给了我承诺 我认识的那个哈维 |
[38:28] | wouldn’t break his word and screw over | 绝不会背叛承诺 而且还 |
[38:30] | a bunch of innocent people in the process. | 顺带着坑了一批无辜的人 |
[38:32] | You know, you’ve lost yourself, Harvey, | 你迷失了自我 哈维 |
[38:33] | and you know it. | 你自己清楚 |
[38:41] | Harvey– | 哈维 |
[38:42] | No, you’re gonna listen to what I have to say, | 不 你现在得听我说 |
[38:44] | because you lied to me. | 因为你骗了我 |
[38:45] | I didn’t lie, I changed my mind. | 我没骗你 我只是改主意了 |
[38:47] | – Bullshit. – You’re right. | -胡扯 -没错 |
[38:49] | It is bullshit, because I don’t take orders from you, | 就是胡扯 因为我不必听从你的命令 |
[38:52] | and I tried to tell you that and you wouldn’t listen. | 我告诉了你 是你没有听 |
[38:54] | So I did what needed to be done. | 所以我做了该做的事 |
[38:56] | And you put us both at risk, because if Faye finds out– | 而你让我们身陷危险 因为要是法耶知道了 |
[38:59] | She’s not gonna find out. | 她不会知道的 |
[39:01] | All I did was produce a piece of evidence | 我只是提供了证据 |
[39:03] | that proves exactly what we know he did. | 证明了我们知道他真做了的事 |
[39:05] | You didn’t produce it, you fabricated it | 这不叫提供 这叫伪造 |
[39:07] | because you can’t stand someone getting the better of you. | 因为你受不了别人赢过你 |
[39:10] | I can’t stand someone ripping off my client. | 我是受不了别人勒索我的客户 |
[39:13] | So what are you really upset about? | 所以你到底在气什么 |
[39:15] | The fact that I crossed a line, | 是气我越了界 |
[39:16] | or that I beat your little adopted son? | 还是气我赢了你的养子 |
[39:18] | Samantha, Mike came at me and I defended you, | 萨曼莎 迈克来找我 我还维护了你 |
[39:22] | because that’s what partners do. | 因为我们是搭档 |
[39:24] | Well, that’s all over now, | 但今后不是了 |
[39:27] | because I don’t trust you anymore. | 因为我不再信任你了 |
[39:49] | Louis. | 路易 |
[39:51] | – What are you doing here? – Donna sent me. | -你怎么来了 -唐娜让我来的 |
[39:52] | Can I come in? | 能进来吗 |
[40:00] | Why didn’t Donna come herself? | 唐娜怎么不自己来 |
[40:02] | Well, she’s with Harvey now. | 她在陪哈维 |
[40:03] | She didn’t want you to hold it against her. | 她不想让你因此而记恨她 |
[40:04] | I’m not gonna hold anything against her, Louis. | 我没打算记恨她 路易 |
[40:06] | Well, I’m here to ask you not to hold anything against Harvey. | 我来是希望你也不要记恨哈维 |
[40:09] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[40:12] | She crossed the line, he let her get away with it, | 她越界犯规 他就那么纵容她 |
[40:14] | and then he tried to defend it to me. | 然后还在我面前维护她 |
[40:16] | Mike, do you remember the time I told you | 迈克 你记得那次我跟你说 |
[40:17] | Harvey and I were like Ralph and Sam? | 哈维和我就像拉尔夫和山姆吗 |
[40:19] | The sheep dog and the wolf, yeah. | 牧羊犬和狼 我记得 |
[40:22] | Of course I remember. | 我当然记得 |
[40:23] | Well, the point of that story was, we were rivals at work. | 故事的重点是 工作上我们是对手 |
[40:27] | But no matter how much we fought, | 但不管怎么斗 |
[40:28] | at the end of the day, | 最终 |
[40:29] | we didn’t let it get in the way of our friendship. | 我们不会让它干涉友谊 |
[40:33] | Mike, I’m not saying you can’t be furious. | 迈克 我不是说你不该生气 |
[40:37] | I’m just saying, don’t let this be the end of you and Harvey. | 我只是说 不要让这事结束你和哈维的友谊 |
[40:42] | I got a plane to catch, Louis. | 我还要赶飞机 路易 |
[40:44] | Safe travels, Mike. | 一路顺风 迈克 |
[40:50] | Louis, wait. | 路易 等等 |
[40:53] | I never got a chance to bring this by. | 我一直没时间把这个送回来 |
[40:56] | I was gonna mail it when I got back, | 我本来打算回去寄过来 |
[40:58] | but since you’re here… | 既然你来了 |
[41:04] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[41:05] | I gave one just like this to Brian. | 我给了布莱恩一个一模一样的 |
[41:07] | I had a bunch of these I gave away. | 我有一堆 我都送人了 |
[41:09] | I just couldn’t find the last one. | 最后一件怎么都找不到 |
[41:11] | Rachel took it. | 是瑞秋拿走了 |
[41:13] | She was saving it for you. | 她是留着给你的 |
[41:15] | I wanted to get one that said, “Future Harvard Grad.” | 我本来想做一件写着”未来哈佛毕业生”的 |
[41:19] | You know, ’cause I never actually went to Harvard. | 因为我从来没上过哈佛 |
[41:23] | This one’s perfect. | 这件很完美 |
[41:24] | Tell Rachel I said thank you, Mike. | 跟瑞秋说谢谢 迈克 |
[41:26] | I will. | 会的 |
[41:36] | Faye, if this could wait until tomorrow, | 法耶 有什么事可以等明天 |
[41:38] | I’ve had a long day. | 我今天很累 |
[41:39] | I’m sure you did, considering the impressive win | 我相信 因为你和哈维 |
[41:42] | you and Harvey got on behalf of your client. | 为客户赢下来的案子 |
[41:44] | Thank you, but like I said, I’ve had a long day– | 谢谢 但我说了 我今天很累 |
[41:46] | Here’s the thing– despite that win, | 重要的是 虽然赢了 |
[41:48] | I was walking by earlier, and it appeared | 但之前我路过 却看起来 |
[41:50] | as if you and Harvey were at each others’ throats. | 你和哈维好像在吵架 |
[41:54] | Harvey and I fight about a lot of things. | 哈维和我经常吵架 |
[41:56] | So what? | 所以呢 |
[41:56] | So I think Harvey wanted to beat his former protege so badly | 所以我觉得是哈维太想打败自己的徒弟了 |
[42:01] | that he did something he shouldn’t have. | 所以他做了违规操作 |
[42:02] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你根本不知道自己在说什么 |
[42:04] | We were about to lose, and out of nowhere | 我们就快输了 却突然莫名其妙 |
[42:06] | evidence shows up that saves the day. | 出现了证据赢了案子 |
[42:09] | I think he created that evidence, | 我认为是他捏造了证据 |
[42:11] | you got upset about it, | 你很生气 |
[42:12] | and if you don’t stop covering for him, | 如果你还要继续替他打掩护 |
[42:14] | instead of handling it in-house, | 我就不会内部处理了 |
[42:17] | I’ll hand him over to the Bar. | 我会直接把他交给律师协会 |
[42:23] | Harvey didn’t do anything, | 哈维什么都没做 |
[42:24] | and that is all I’m going to say. | 我只说这么多 |
[42:27] | – Then it was you. – I didn’t say that. | -那就是你干的 -我没说 |
[42:29] | It doesn’t matter. | 不重要了 |
[42:29] | I warned you, I will not tolerate unethical behavior. | 我提醒过你 我不会允许不道德行为存在 |
[42:33] | You have no proof I did anything. | 你没有证据证明是我干的 |
[42:35] | I don’t care, because I know you did it. | 我不在乎 因为我知道你就是干了 |
[42:37] | – Now, pack up your things. – I’m not packing anything. | -收拾东西吧 -我才不会收拾东西 |
[42:39] | Then I’ll have them packed for you, | 那我替你收拾 |
[42:40] | because as of this second… | 因为即刻起… |
[42:43] | you’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |