时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | ♪ You don’t owe me One more minute of your wasted time ♪ | |
[00:12] | ♪ You act like it’s all fine ♪ | |
[00:15] | ♪ It isn’t hard to leave ♪ | |
[00:17] | ♪ Knowing that I’ll be getting life On track ♪ | |
[00:22] | ♪ I wanted to believe ♪ | |
[00:26] | ♪ I’ve gotta make a destination ♪ | |
[00:32] | ♪ Find where I belong ♪ | |
[00:35] | ♪ This time I’ve got no hesitation ♪ | |
[00:42] | ♪ And I’ll be movin’ on ♪ | |
[00:45] | ♪ To where I belong ♪ | |
[00:48] | ♪ I’ll be movin’ on ♪ | |
[00:52] | ♪ Over the line I’ve drawn ♪ | |
[00:55] | ♪ I’m already gone ♪ | |
[01:09] | Enjoy your lunch. | 午餐请慢用 |
[01:10] | Alice, you are gonna love those chicken dumplings, | 爱丽丝 今天的鸡肉饺你肯定喜欢 |
[01:12] | they have got a little extra kick today. | 它们今天格外美味 |
[01:15] | [chuckles] | |
[01:16] | Hello! Table for one, or are you waiting on folks? | 你好 一个人就餐还是要等人? |
[01:18] | I’m supposed to ask for Dana Sue Sullivan. | 我要找达娜·苏·沙利文 |
[01:21] | Oh, well, that is me, sweetheart. What can I do for you? | 我就是 亲爱的 有什么事吗? |
[01:24] | You’ve been served. | 这是你的传票 |
[01:31] | [clapping] | |
[01:35] | I knew you were gonna look like a cat stuck in a swing when you got those, | 虽然我知道你收到传票时 脸色一定很难看 |
[01:38] | but it was better than I even dreamed. | 但这效果竟然超出我的想象 |
[01:40] | You’re suing me? | 你要告我? |
[01:48] | Wrongful termination? | 非法解雇? |
[01:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:51] | Now, everyone in South Carolina is gonna know | 现在南卡罗来纳州所有人都会知道 |
[01:54] | what a lousy boss you are. | 你这老板有多差劲 |
[01:56] | You take credit for all of my hard work, and you claim it for yourself. | 我努力工作的功劳都被你夺走 被你占为己有 |
[02:00] | Now, you and I, we both know that if it weren’t for me, | 你我都知道 要不是因为我 |
[02:02] | this place would’ve folded the day it opened. | 这地方开业那天就得关张 |
[02:05] | I slaved away in that kitchen, | 我在那厨房里埋头苦干 |
[02:07] | making this place a success, and, what, you’re gonna kick me to the curb? | 让这地方大获成功 你却要把我赶出去? |
[02:10] | -You hog all the glory for yourself? -Stop it. | -自己夺走所有的荣耀? -打住 |
[02:12] | I was the genius in this kitchen! | 我才是这个厨房里的天才 |
[02:13] | -If it weren’t for me, it was gonna– Hey! -Get out! | -要不是有我 不会有人…喂! -滚! |
[02:16] | Come on. | 快点走 |
[02:17] | -Okay. Okay. Look, I’m gonna ruin you! -[Erik] Come on. Let’s go! | -好 听着 我一定会毁了你 -快走 别说了 |
[02:20] | When I’m done with her, this place is gonna be mine! | 等我找她算完账之后 这地方会是我的 |
[02:22] | -Get out of here! -Bet she goes crazy. | -滚出这里 -那个女魔头疯了 |
[02:24] | If you’re not careful, she’s gonna ruin you. | 你要是不小心 她会毁了你的 |
[02:26] | [grunts] | |
[02:28] | Chef asked you to leave! | 主厨叫你离开 |
[02:33] | [boy] All right, boys, great job. Let’s do sit-ups now. | |
[02:38] | Suck. | 差劲 |
[02:40] | -[groans] -[Cal] Jackson, it’s all right. | 杰克森 没关系 |
[02:43] | Think about where you want it to go, and then let it travel off your fingers. | 想着你想让球沿什么方向走 然后让其自然而然地离开你的指尖 |
[02:47] | Hey, Coach Maddox. | 嘿 马多克斯教练 |
[02:50] | How come you got Tyler in the outfield doing Pilates? | 你怎么让泰勒在外场做普拉提? |
[02:54] | Oh, core work is vital to his game. | 核心锻炼对他打比赛非常重要 |
[02:56] | His arm is more important than his abs. He should be exercising that. | 他的胳膊比腹肌更重要 他应该锻炼胳膊才是 |
[02:59] | -Well, Jackson needs practice too. -Why? | -好吧 杰克森也需要练习 -为什么? |
[03:02] | ‘Cause of his arm, or ’cause he’s the mayor’s son? | 因为他臂力好 还是因为他爸是镇长? |
[03:06] | What brings you by, Doctor? | 你来做什么 医生? |
[03:11] | [Bill] All right, look. | 好了 听着 |
[03:13] | I’m worried about Tyler. | 我担心泰勒 |
[03:14] | And I know he’s been struggling. | 我知道他最近很艰难 |
[03:16] | And with the college scouts coming around, well, he’s gotta be in top form. | 大学就快来物色运动员了 他必须处于最佳状态 |
[03:23] | You talk to him? | 你跟他谈吗? |
[03:24] | He and I aren’t talking that well right now. | 他和我现在不怎么说话 |
[03:27] | Which is why he didn’t want me to meet with you and Maddie. | 所以他之前不想让我跟你和麦迪见面 |
[03:30] | Okay, well… | 好吧… |
[03:32] | [sighs] | |
[03:33] | …how about you, Ms. Townsend, and I sit down and we… | 那不然你、汤森女士和我坐下来 |
[03:38] | develop a plan? | 我们…制定一个计划? |
[03:39] | Well, Maddie doesn’t know much about baseball. | 麦迪对棒球知道的不多 |
[03:42] | Yeah, but she knows a lot about Ty. | 没错 但她对阿泰非常了解 |
[03:49] | Was that Brad? | 刚刚是布拉德吗? |
[03:51] | I mean, I know it was Brad, I could hear him in here, | 我知道是布拉德 这里听得见 |
[03:52] | but what did he want? | 但他想干什么? |
[03:53] | -He didn’t ask for you. -Well, he’s not coming back, is he? | 他不是来找你的 他不会卷土重来吧? |
[03:57] | This is Chef’s restaurant. | 这里是主厨的餐厅 |
[03:59] | It’s Chef’s decision. | 由主厨来做决定 |
[04:00] | Was he why she put those up? | 她是因为他才装了那些东西? |
[04:02] | ‘Cause it feels like Big Brother’s watching. | 因为这样感觉像是被老大哥盯着 |
[04:04] | Well, and as my mama used to say, | 我妈妈以前常说 |
[04:06] | don’t do anything you don’t want to see on tomorrow’s front page. | 如果不想上明天的头条 就别惹事 |
[04:08] | -But don’t you think that we should– -I think you need to peel these potatoes. | 但你难道不觉得我们应该… 我觉得你需要给这些土豆削皮 |
[04:23] | [Maddie] So, how long have you been training? | 你做培训多久了? |
[04:25] | Oh, ten years. Or that’s how long I’ve been certified. | 十年 或者说我获得认证十年了 |
[04:27] | I was helping friends in high school and college before that. | 在那之前 我念中学和大学时帮助指导朋友 |
[04:31] | Um, now, our clientele is strictly ladies. | 我们的客户群体仅限女性 |
[04:34] | Do you have any experience training women? | 你有培训女性的经验吗? |
[04:36] | Oh, men, women, dogs. | 男性、女性、狗狗 |
[04:40] | I know you think I was joking about that, | 我知道你们认为我是开玩笑 |
[04:41] | but when I lived in DC, I had this one client, | 但我住在华盛顿特区时有个客户 |
[04:43] | she had too much money. | 她富得流油 |
[04:44] | She paid me to do training sessions with her pug, Ernie. | 她雇我去给她的哈巴狗欧尼进行培训 |
[04:47] | Ernie! That was also the name of her dead husband, | 欧尼 那也是她亡夫的名字 |
[04:49] | so it was weird all around. | 所以处处都很奇怪 |
[04:53] | Uh, Helen. | 海伦 |
[04:55] | Uh, sorry. I got bad news. [sighs] | 抱歉 我有坏消息 |
[04:59] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[05:03] | Skeeter, if you tell me that there’s a nest of copperheads | 史基特 如果你说这屋子底下 |
[05:06] | under this house, I am selling pronto. | 有一窝铜头蛇 那我马上就卖掉 |
[05:08] | Well, it’s, uh, still too cold for copperheads. | 现在对铜头蛇来说还太冷 |
[05:11] | Oh, you won’t see them till later this summer. | 要到夏末才能看见它们了 |
[05:14] | [laughs] | |
[05:16] | There could be a nest of copperheads under this house? | 这屋子底下真可能有一窝铜头蛇? |
[05:18] | Well, your problem at the moment is corroded pipes upstairs. | 好吧 眼下你的问题是楼上管道腐蚀 |
[05:22] | Oh, come on. | 不是吧 |
[05:24] | Uh, you– You can’t go up there. | 你不能上去 |
[05:27] | Not with those death spikes. | 穿着那双恨天高可不行 |
[05:30] | I have been climbing stairs in high heels since I was nine years old. | 我从九岁开始就穿高跟鞋爬楼了 |
[05:33] | Uh-huh. | |
[05:34] | Those stilts will rip holes in the drop cloths, | 那双高跟会把防尘布踩出洞来 |
[05:37] | and you’ll trip and break your pretty neck. | 然后会把你绊倒 扭断你漂亮的小脖子 |
[05:40] | Now, my guys can fix the pipe. | 我的手下可以修好管道 |
[05:42] | It’s just gonna take us a little longer. | 只是需要多花点时间 |
[05:44] | We’ll pay for overtime, | 我们会付加班费 |
[05:45] | as long as we can still open on schedule. | 只要能让我们如期开张 |
[05:48] | And, Skeeter, | 还有 史基特 |
[05:49] | do whatever you can to make sure | 无论如何都要确保 |
[05:51] | that we don’t see any copperheads around here. | 这里看不到任何铜头蛇 |
[05:55] | Ever. | 永远都看不到 |
[05:57] | [man] What you’re doing here is great. | 你在这里做的事很棒 |
[05:59] | [Maddie] Oh, with the spa? | 水疗所方面吗? |
[06:01] | Yeah! I mean, this whole place is like your fight song! | 是啊 |
[06:03] | Oh. Uh… [chuckles] | 这整个地方就像你的抗争曲目 |
[06:04] | As soon as Ashley and I heard what your ex did, | 我和艾士丽一听说你前夫做的事 |
[06:06] | I mean, we sang our own find a new doctor song. | 就马上唱起了 《找个新医生》这首自创曲 |
[06:09] | Well, Ashley should join. | 艾士丽应该加入进来 -不好意思 |
[06:11] | [phone ringing] | |
[06:12] | -Oh. Sorry. -Oh, no, no. Take it. | -不会 接吧 |
[06:14] | I’ve trained enough moms to know that when that phone rings, | 我培训过很多妈妈 已经知道当电话响起时 |
[06:17] | everything else gets dropped. | 其他一切都可放下 |
[06:18] | -Yeah. -Even weights. | -是的 -就连杠铃也是 |
[06:19] | My toe learned that the hard way. | 脚趾吃过亏 |
[06:22] | Ooh. | 我才学到教训 |
[06:24] | Hey, um, Ty, I am on my way. | 阿泰 我在路上了 |
[06:26] | Are you close? | 很近了吗? |
[06:28] | Actually, I… I’m leaving now. | 其实我正准备离开 |
[06:30] | Mom, practice ended ten minutes ago. | 妈 训练十分钟前就结束了 |
[06:32] | Oh, well, I’m just finishing up a work thing. | 工作上还有点事需要搞定 |
[06:34] | -Can you get a ride home with Luke? -No, he already left. | -你能搭卢克的车回家吗? -不行 他已经走了 |
[06:37] | Okay, I’ll be there in 15 minutes. | -好 |
[06:39] | Mom! | 我15分钟到 -妈! |
[06:41] | Or how about you just walk home? | 不然你直接走路回家? |
[06:43] | Fine, I’ll walk. | 行吧 我走路 |
[07:03] | Hey, don’t use up all that hot water. | 嘿 别把热水用光 |
[07:05] | -Kyle and Katie need to take a shower too. -Okay. | -凯尔和凯蒂也要冲澡 -好的 |
[07:12] | I hope he was more entertaining on the ride home. | 希望他在回家路上没这么闷 |
[07:15] | Thanks for that. | 谢谢你载他 |
[07:16] | Glad to. He was on my way. | 乐意帮忙 反正顺路 |
[07:19] | So, Dr. Townsend came by practice. | 汤森医生在训练时来过 |
[07:23] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:24] | He’s worried about Ty’s game. | 他担心阿泰的比赛 |
[07:27] | And we decided that the three of us should have a sit-down. | 我们决定我们三位应该一起坐下谈谈 |
[07:32] | Tomorrow morning okay? | 明天早上可以吗? |
[07:33] | I know Ty objected before, | 我知道阿泰之前反对过 |
[07:35] | but I really think it’s important that it be the three of us. | 但我真的觉得务必得是我们三个人 |
[07:38] | I understand. I’ll be there. | 我理解 |
[07:41] | And… | 我会到场的 |
[07:42] | thanks again for getting him home. | 再次谢谢你送他回家 |
[07:44] | NBD, as the kids say. | 嫑客气 这是孩子们的新潮说法 |
[07:46] | [both laugh] | |
[07:47] | Uh, you know, if you need anything, just holler. | 需要帮忙的话 打个招呼就行 |
[07:51] | I actually don’t live that far away. | 我其实住得不远 |
[07:59] | -[car door closes] -[car engine starts] | |
[08:02] | [knocking at door] | |
[08:06] | You still working on your paper? | 你还在写论文? |
[08:08] | Mm-hmm. | |
[08:12] | What? You want to study astronomy too? | 怎么?你也想学天文学? |
[08:15] | [chuckles] No. | 不是 |
[08:17] | No. The closest I ever want to get to space is that roller coaster | 你逼我在迪士尼乐园坐过山车时 |
[08:20] | you made me ride at Disney World. | 那是我能接受的最高的太空 |
[08:22] | I have never prayed so hard for safe passage in my life, by the way. | 对了 我这辈子 从没像那样强烈祈祷过别出意外 |
[08:27] | Yeah, Dad had to practically carry you off when it was over. | 是啊 结束时爸爸基本上得扛着你走 |
[08:33] | All right, well, put your paper on the counter when you’re done, | 好了 |
[08:36] | and I’ll proof it before you get up in the morning. | 写完论文就放到台子上 |
[08:38] | It’s Coach Adams. He doesn’t care about typos. | 指导老师是亚当斯 他不在乎拼写错误 |
[08:40] | Well, I do, and you should. | 我在乎 你也应该要在乎 |
[08:43] | Please do not roll your eyes at me, young lady. | 请别给我翻白眼 小姑娘 |
[08:46] | You know you’re not allowed to do things halfway under this roof. | 你知道在这个家里做事不能只做一半 |
[08:53] | [keyboard clacking] | |
[08:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:57] | Good night, sweetie. | 晚安 宝贝 |
[09:10] | I want the three of us to figure out what we can do together to help Ty. | 我希望我们三个人 能想出一起帮助阿泰的办法 |
[09:14] | I don’t want to have to bench him this close to regionals. | 地区赛迫在眉睫 我可不想让他当替补队员 |
[09:16] | Well, he’s going through a rough time, | 他现在的经历很难熬 |
[09:18] | and pullin’ him from the startin’ line-up now | 现在把他抽出比赛首发阵容的话 |
[09:20] | is only gonna make things worse. | 只会让情况变得更糟 |
[09:21] | Bill, baseball is not everything. | 比尔 棒球并非一切 |
[09:24] | Ty will get his grades up. | 阿泰会努力提高成绩 |
[09:25] | We can get him a tutor. | 可以给他找个辅导老师 |
[09:27] | I’ve got it covered. | 我已经办好了 |
[09:28] | -I can help too. -By writing checks? | 我也能帮忙 |
[09:30] | [stammers] Let’s just keep this discussion on Ty. | -写支票吗? -让我们只讨论阿泰的事 |
[09:33] | [Bill sighs] | |
[09:34] | I think part of what’s making Ty’s game suffer… | 我想阿泰比赛表现不佳的部分原因… |
[09:38] | is you. | 在于你们 |
[09:42] | When you’re both in the stands, he’s distracted. | 你们俩同时在看台上时 他会分心 |
[09:44] | I think he’s worried if you’re both in the same place, you might… | 我觉得他是担心 如果你俩在同一个地方 可能会… |
[09:49] | What’s the answer? For Ty? | 怎么解决?为了阿泰? |
[09:52] | Divide the games. | 分开场次 |
[09:54] | One of you there at a time. | 每场你们来一个人 |
[09:56] | A baseball custody agreement? | 棒球监护协议? |
[10:00] | No. | 不行 |
[10:01] | No, I haven’t missed a game of his since T-ball, | 不行 从他打儿童棒球起 我就没错过他一场比赛 |
[10:05] | and with everything going on here, | 而且现在这种情况下 |
[10:07] | he needs to know just how much I still love and support him. | 要让他知道我依然很爱他 很支持他 |
[10:10] | I’ll tell him. | 我会转告他 |
[10:16] | [bell ringing] | |
[10:18] | He shaves his beard with an ax, you know? | 他用斧头刮胡子 |
[10:21] | Maybe if I did that, I could pitch in the majors too. | 要是我那样做 或许也能在大联盟中当投手 |
[10:23] | -Hey, well, you gotta hit puberty first. -[chuckles] What are you talking about? | 好吧 你得先到青春期才行 你说什么呢? |
[10:27] | Mom. | 妈 |
[10:28] | Hey. What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里? |
[10:30] | -Hey, Gabe. -Hey. | -嘿 加布 -嘿 |
[10:31] | -Can I talk to you? -Uh, yeah. | -能跟你谈谈吗? -好 |
[10:33] | Hey, listen. | 听我说 |
[10:34] | Um, your dad and I just had a meeting with Coach Maddox. | 我和你爸刚刚见了马多克斯教练 |
[10:36] | Dad’s here, too? | 爸也在这里? |
[10:38] | -Ty. -What? | -阿泰 -怎么了? |
[10:39] | Look, we all think that it would be best | 听着 我们都认为我和你爸 |
[10:41] | if your dad and I weren’t both at your games. | 最好还是不要同时去看你比赛 |
[10:44] | So… we’re gonna take turns, | 所以 我们会轮流去 |
[10:47] | starting today. | 从今天开始 |
[10:49] | Your dad will be there. I won’t. | 你爸会到场 我不会 |
[10:52] | You’re not gonna come see me pitch? | 你不来看我投球? |
[10:54] | Ty… | 阿泰… |
[10:56] | Look, your dad and I don’t agree on much right now, | 我和你爸现在有很大分歧 |
[10:58] | but we agree on this, okay? We love you, | 但这方面我们意见一致 我们爱你 |
[11:01] | and we support you, and we want to see you succeed. | 我们支持你 我们想看到你成功 |
[11:04] | So, go out there, | 所以 你在场上加油 |
[11:06] | kick Abbington’s butt, okay? | 给艾宾顿队好看 好吗? |
[11:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:12] | Sorry you expecting a Christmas party, ’cause this ain’t one. | 你期望看到圣诞派对 那就抱歉了 因为并非如此 |
[11:16] | Well, not with that attitude. | 就你这态度 当然不是 |
[11:18] | Two problems. All right, number one. | 两个问题 好了 第一个问题 |
[11:20] | Dana Sue’s fridge is on back-order. | 达娜·苏的冰箱在等待补货 |
[11:22] | -Well, did you tell her? -No. I saw what she did to Ronnie. | -你跟她说了吗? -没有 我看到她如何对待罗尼 |
[11:25] | I don’t want that nuclear reactor to blow up at me. | 我可不想她这个核反应堆冲我发火 |
[11:28] | Well, then don’t marry her, and then cheat on her. | 那就别娶了她之后劈腿 |
[11:30] | -What? -I’ll tell her. | -什么? -我会跟她说 |
[11:31] | -The second problem– -Is that you have not complimented me | -第二个问题是… -你还没有夸奖我 |
[11:34] | on my brand-new outfit. | 说我这身新衣服好看 |
[11:36] | Second problem. | 第二个问题 |
[11:43] | Where is the ceiling? | 天花板在哪里? |
[11:45] | Pipes in the walls upstairs have been leaking. | 楼上墙壁里的管道一直漏水 |
[11:48] | Corroded everything. | 一切都腐蚀了 |
[11:49] | Soaked down through the walls, | 浸透了墙壁 |
[11:52] | seeped into the floorboards like deceit in a soul. | 渗入地板板材 就像灵魂里的谎言一样 |
[11:56] | How do you fix it? | 要怎么修复? |
[11:58] | Well, we replace all the pipe, | 替换所有管道 |
[12:00] | rebuild and repaint the wall, and then we redo the flooring. | 重新打墙 重新刷漆 然后重新铺地板 |
[12:04] | Well, we might as well take this opportunity | 好吧 还可以趁此机会 |
[12:06] | to repaint the hallway. | 给门厅重新刷漆 |
[12:07] | -Hmm. -I’ll have Maddie pick out a color. | 我会让麦迪挑个颜色 |
[12:09] | How long is this gonna take? | 这要耗时多久? |
[12:10] | Well, I– I’ll get it done before your Christmas party. | 我会在你的圣诞派对前弄好 |
[12:13] | Skeeter Ramsey, we’re opening in less than a month! | 史基特·拉姆齐 我们不到一个月就要开张了! |
[12:16] | Not unless Santa owes you a mighty big favor. | 除非撒旦欠你一份大人情 否则不可能的 |
[12:21] | How much more is this gonna cost? | 这样要多花多少钱? |
[12:22] | Even if my guys work 14-hour shifts, | 就算我的手下每天工作14小时 |
[12:25] | there’s just not enough of ’em to get it done in time. | 但人手也不足以按时完工 |
[12:32] | [cheering] | |
[12:34] | Just need one more like that. | 再这样多投一个球就好 |
[12:36] | Throw ’em out, Ty. You can do it! You got this! | 撵走他 |
[12:39] | [man] Let’s go, Serenity! | 阿泰 |
[12:40] | [man 2] Come on, Ty. Here we go. | 你能行的 |
[12:42] | [Noreen] You got this. | 你没问题的 |
[12:50] | -[umpire] Strike! -[Bill] Hey. | -好球 -嘿 |
[12:51] | There you go, son! There you go! | 漂亮 儿子 |
[12:53] | That’s it, Ty! Two more like that! | 就这样 阿泰 再来两次 |
[12:55] | Throw smoke! Throw smoke! | 投好球 |
[12:57] | [laughter] | |
[13:00] | Hey, come on. Throw strikes, son. Let’s go. | 加油 好好投球 儿子 |
[13:05] | Ball. | 坏球 |
[13:07] | -[man] It’s all right. -You got this. | 你能行的 |
[13:12] | Throw strikes, Tyler. Strike ’em out. | 投好球 泰勒 让他三振出局 |
[13:15] | [woman] Come on, Bulldogs. | 加油 斗牛犬队 |
[13:19] | [umpire] Ball! | 坏球 |
[13:20] | [man] Come on. | 加油 |
[13:22] | Relax! | 放轻松 |
[13:24] | That’s okay, Tyler, shake it off! | 没关系 泰勒 别多想 |
[13:26] | [man] Deep breath, Ty. Breathe. | 深呼吸 阿泰 呼吸 |
[13:29] | [Noreen] You can do it. Make ’em swing. | 你能行的 让他挥起来 |
[13:32] | All right, why don’t you sit down, sweetheart, okay? | 你坐下好吗 宝贝? |
[13:36] | I’m going to cheer for our son as loud as I want. | 我给儿子加油 多大声都可以 |
[13:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:41] | [man] Okay, Ty. | 好了 阿泰 |
[13:42] | Here we go, Tyler. | 上吧 阿泰 |
[13:50] | [umpire] Ball three! | 三发坏球 |
[13:51] | You can do it, Ty! Your dad and I believe in you! | 你能行的 阿泰 我和你爸对你有信心 |
[13:54] | All this bad pitching can’t be good for the baby. | 投球这么烂 对肚子里的宝宝不好 |
[13:57] | Jackson, one more word out of you | 杰克森 你再多说一句 |
[13:58] | and you’re benched for the rest of the season. | 整个赛季就休想上场 |
[14:00] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[14:03] | -[man] Come on, Ty. -[woman] Come on, Bulldogs. | -加油 阿泰 -加油 斗牛犬队 |
[14:04] | [man 2] Let’s go, Bulldogs. | 加油 斗牛犬队 |
[14:06] | [Noreen] Throw ’em out, Ty. | 撵走他 阿泰 |
[14:07] | [woman] Let’s go, Bulldogs. | 加油 斗牛犬队 |
[14:11] | [umpire] Ball four! Take your base. | 四发坏球 上一垒 |
[14:14] | -Cal, wait. -Time! | 卡尔 等等 暂停比赛 加油 |
[14:17] | [man] Brutal. | 惨败啊 |
[14:21] | [man 2] Focus up, Ty. | 集中精神 |
[14:22] | [man 3] Help him out, Coach. | 阿泰 |
[14:24] | Come on, Bulldogs. Let’s go! | 加油 斗牛犬队 上吧 |
[14:29] | [indistinct whispering] | |
[14:44] | [indistinct whispering] | |
[14:49] | I’m gonna go sit in the car. This heat isn’t good for the baby. | 我去车里坐 这座位对宝宝不好 |
[14:52] | [man] All right, Bulldogs. Here we go! Here we go! | 好了 斗牛犬队 |
[14:57] | We ready? | 上吧 准备好了吗? |
[15:00] | [man 2] Here we go, Bulldogs. Here we go, Bulldogs. | 上吧 斗牛犬队 |
[15:02] | [man 3] Pick it up now, Ty. | 继续战斗 阿泰 |
[15:03] | -Come on. Let’s go. -Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:05] | One batter at a time, okay? | 一次搞定一个击球手 好吗? |
[15:08] | [umpire] Play ball! | 比赛开始 |
[15:15] | All right, son. Come on. | 好了 |
[15:17] | Let’s go. | 儿子 加油 |
[15:21] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[15:23] | Bailey, four swipes won’t get that counter clean. Do it again. | 贝利 台子擦四下是擦不干净的 重擦 |
[15:32] | I’m sure that the Department of Health would appreciate your technique. | 卫生部肯定很欣赏你的技术 |
[15:35] | -Yeah. -Although, | -是啊 -不过 |
[15:37] | it’s probably for the best that they weren’t present | 还好他们没有在场目睹 |
[15:39] | to witness that little food fight that you had with Brad. | 你和布拉德的小小食物大战 |
[15:43] | So you heard about that. | 看来你听说了 |
[15:46] | [sighs] | |
[15:47] | How I let that man get under my skin, | 我不知道怎么会让他惹我生气 |
[15:49] | [stammers] I don’t know. But he just– | 但他就是… |
[15:51] | If I were here, it wouldn’t have just been one plate. | 要是我在场 甩出去的可就不止一个盘子了 |
[15:56] | What do I do the next time he comes in here? | 他下次进来这里 |
[15:58] | Oh. | 我要怎么办? |
[15:59] | I believe that Erik took care of that. | 我相信埃里克已经处理好这事了 |
[16:01] | Yeah, and what kind of boss am I? | 是啊 那我这样算哪门子的老板? |
[16:04] | Getting my employees all wrapped up in this mess. | 让我的员工都卷进这个烂摊子里 |
[16:07] | What if Brad goes to the police? | 要是布拉德去报警呢? |
[16:09] | Nah. | |
[16:10] | Brad’s ego’s way too big to go to the cops. | 布拉德自负得很 不会报警 |
[16:12] | He’s never gonna step foot in this place again. | 他绝不会再踏入这里一步 |
[16:15] | I can talk to Judge Sargent about a restraining order, | 我可以跟沙金法官谈谈发一张限制令 |
[16:18] | if that’ll help? | 这样有帮助吗? |
[16:21] | And the lawsuit? | 官司的事呢? |
[16:22] | Dare you ask? I’ll handle that. | 这还用问?我来搞定 |
[16:25] | But it’s gonna cost you a brownie. | 但你得用一个布朗尼收买我 |
[16:28] | [chuckles] | |
[16:29] | Take two, please. | 拿俩 |
[16:30] | [Helen chuckles] | |
[16:38] | For Skeeter’s guys. | 给史基特的手下 |
[16:40] | -Ooh! -Yeah, compliments of Erik. | 嗯 埃里克赠送的 |
[16:43] | That is sweet of him. | 他真是太好了 |
[16:44] | He told me he hoped it would motivate them. | 他说希望这样能激励他们 |
[16:47] | Hey, why do they need to be motivated? | 为什么他们需要激励? |
[16:50] | Are we behind? | 我们进度落后吗? |
[16:51] | Has Skeeter even ordered the refrigerator yet? | 史基特订购冰箱了没有? |
[16:54] | Yes, it’s on back-order. | 订了 在等待补货 |
[16:56] | Great. Great. | 真是太好了 |
[16:58] | Um, does he not know that we’re on a timeline? | 难道他不知道我们有时间安排? |
[17:00] | ‘Cause I don’t know if anyone else has seen this, | 我不知道有没有人看到这一点 |
[17:02] | but I don’t have a fridge, we don’t have countertops. | 但我现在还没有冰箱 也还没有工作台面 |
[17:06] | Okay, hold on, Dana Sue. Dana Sue. | 好了 等等 达娜·苏 |
[17:07] | It– It’s gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[17:11] | Wait, are you okay? | 等等 你没事吧? |
[17:16] | Man, I used to be fun. | 天啊 我以前很有趣的 |
[17:20] | Wasn’t I fun? | 我以前是不是很有趣? |
[17:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:22] | Man, remember our senior class trip? | 天啊 记得我们高中四年级郊游吗? |
[17:24] | I got in a lot of trouble because I was so much fun. | 我因为太过有趣 惹了不少麻烦 |
[17:31] | Yes, that is one word to describe it. | 对 |
[17:33] | Mm-hmm. | 这样是一种说法 |
[17:34] | Two words would be “balloon dress.” | 另一种说法是“气球服” |
[17:36] | -I mean, not all the balloons popped. -No. | -不是所有气球都爆了 -是的 |
[17:39] | [both laugh] | |
[17:40] | See? When did I stop being fun? | 看吧?我什么时候变得无趣的? |
[17:42] | You still kill at karaoke. | 你的卡拉OK依然无敌 |
[17:44] | Yeah. But, you know, all I do anymore is just… | 嗯 但是我现在就只会… |
[17:48] | [sighs] I go around telling people what to do, | 到处去吩咐别人该做些什么 |
[17:49] | and then snapping at ’em when they don’t do | 如果他们不按照我的想法来 |
[17:51] | what I meant for them to do. | 我就朝他们发火 |
[17:52] | Okay, stop. Everyone at Sullivan’s loves you. | 好了 打住 沙利文餐厅人人都爱你 |
[17:55] | They obey me because I pay them. | 他们听我的话 是因为我给他们付钱 |
[17:58] | You think Erik put Brad on his rear end because you pay him? | 你觉得埃里克教训布拉德 是因为你给他付钱? |
[18:02] | Well, I… | 好吧 我… |
[18:05] | I don’t know, I just… | 我不知道了 |
[18:06] | [exhales] | |
[18:07] | …I just wish that I could relax. | 我只是希望自己能放松 |
[18:11] | You know? And, like, kick back with the crew | 跟整队人马轻松相处 |
[18:13] | like I did before. | 就像以前那样 |
[18:15] | Before you were a boss. | 以前你不是老板 |
[18:17] | Honey, I know that you are stressed, and you’re tired. | 亲爱的 我知道你压力很大 而且很累 |
[18:20] | You know what I’m tired of? | 你知道我厌倦什么了吗? |
[18:22] | I am tired of building something so a man can kick it down. | 我厌倦了把东西建立起来之后 被一个男人踢倒 |
[18:25] | The only thing that Ronnie and Brad have in common | 罗尼和布拉德唯一的共同点就是 |
[18:28] | is that you can succeed without them. | 你没有他们也能成功 |
[18:32] | Got it? | 明白吗? |
[18:34] | [girl] Hey, Annie. | 嘿 安妮 |
[18:37] | Hey, Annie. You walking home? | 安妮 你走路回家? |
[18:39] | Uh, yeah. Didn’t you have rehearsal? | 是啊 你不是有彩排吗? |
[18:41] | Not today. The lovers need extra work with their scenes, so… | 今天没有 那对恋人需要补补戏 所以… |
[18:44] | My gosh, I would need so much work | 我的天 我得下狠功夫 |
[18:45] | to pretend to be in love with Billy Jeremiah. | 才能假装爱上比利·杰里迈 |
[18:47] | -[laughs] -But with the right leading man? | 但如果主角选对了呢? |
[18:50] | [phone chimes] | |
[18:55] | Um… | (刚看到你的天文学成绩 等你回家再说) |
[18:57] | Kyle, I have to go back inside. | 凯尔 我得回里面去 |
[18:58] | -Uh… -Sorry. | 抱歉 (汤森队) |
[19:04] | I thought it’d be fun for you to wear to Ty’s next ball game. | 我觉得阿泰下次比赛你可以穿着去看 |
[19:08] | Mine’s just for, you know, like, | 我这件就只是为了 |
[19:10] | when I’m around the house, or the kids come over. | 我在家或者孩子们过来的时候 |
[19:13] | ‘Cause I’m pretty sure no one wants me at the ball games. | 因为我很确定没人希望我去看球赛 |
[19:18] | Um… | |
[19:19] | Noreen. | 诺琳 |
[19:21] | About that. Sweetheart, it’s just… | 关于这一点 宝贝 只是… |
[19:25] | Well, Coach Maddox thinks that Tyler can’t concentrate | 马多克斯教练认为 你在场的时候 |
[19:30] | when you’re there, so, you know, he doesn’t play well, | 泰勒没法专心 打不好比赛 |
[19:34] | and right now we’re all just trying to do what’s best for Tyler, right? | 我们现在都只是为了泰勒好 对吧? |
[19:39] | But is this what’s best? We’re building a family here. | 但这样对他好吗? 我们正在组建一个家 |
[19:42] | And how is he supposed to understand how much he means to me | 如果我没法分享 对他来说最重要的东西 |
[19:45] | if I can’t share the one thing that means the most to him? | 他又怎么能明白他对我有多重要? |
[19:48] | I don’t know, darlin’, | 我不知道了 亲爱的 |
[19:49] | but nobody wants to hurt you here, okay? | 但没人想伤害你 好吗? |
[19:52] | I’m trying to be a good mom. | 我只是想做个好妈妈 |
[19:54] | And a good mom would be at his games. | 好妈妈会去看他比赛 |
[19:56] | Tyler’s mom is at his games. | 泰勒他妈妈确实去看他比赛 |
[20:07] | [sighs] | |
[20:11] | [door opens] | |
[20:15] | You’re late. | 你回来晚了 |
[20:16] | Had stuff to do. For an assignment. | 有事要做 有个作业 |
[20:19] | I appreciate a text, you know that. | 你知道 你可以发个短信的 |
[20:23] | Wanna talk about the grade on your paper? | 想谈谈你论文成绩的事吗? |
[20:25] | Seems you already know. | 看来你已经知道了 |
[20:26] | You know, I asked you to let me proof it, and you didn’t. Why? | 你没那样做 为什么? |
[20:30] | It was one paper, and it didn’t matter. | 就一份论文 而且并不重要 |
[20:32] | Annie, you and I both know | 安妮 你和我都知道 |
[20:35] | that you are capable of getting better than a C. | 你的能力不止是及格分 |
[20:37] | Why are you always trying to turn me into Little Miss Perfect? | 你为什么总是想让我做到完美? |
[20:40] | All you do is order everybody around, expecting them to be flawless. | 你就只会使唤每个人 期望他们完美无瑕 |
[20:45] | [stammers] I do not expect perfection. | 我期望的不是完美 |
[20:47] | I do expect best efforts, | 而是拿出最佳努力 |
[20:50] | -and it’s okay to mess up if you– -No, it’s not! Not around you. | -搞砸了也没事 只要… -不 有事 在你身边就有事 |
[20:54] | When somebody screws up, you get mad and yell, and– | 要是有人搞砸 你会生气大喊… |
[20:56] | I might lose my temper every once in a while, | 我偶尔会发发脾气 |
[20:59] | but when I do, I apologize. | 但那种时候我也会道歉 |
[21:03] | Did you apologize to Brad? | 你对布拉德道歉了吗? |
[21:05] | Brad? | 布拉德? |
[21:06] | You fired him because he made some little fail. | 因为他犯了个小错 你就炒了他 |
[21:09] | Okay, I– I don’t know what you think you know, | 好吧 我不知道你了解的情况是怎样 |
[21:14] | but Brad made an epic fail. | 但布拉德犯的是滔天大错 |
[21:16] | What about Dad? | 那爸爸呢? |
[21:18] | You know, one mistake and you threw him out | 他犯了一个错 你就把他赶出去 |
[21:20] | before he could even apologize. | 他连道歉的机会都没有 |
[21:24] | Annie Lenore Sullivan, | 安妮·乐诺·沙利文 |
[21:26] | you know that what your father did was more than just one mistake. | 你知道你父亲不仅只是犯了个错而已 |
[21:30] | No, he messed up once, and you ran him out of town. | 不 他就搞砸了一次 你就把他赶出了这个镇子 |
[21:34] | Is that what you’re gonna do to me? | 你也要对我这样吗? |
[21:35] | If I get another C, you’re just gonna ship me off | 要是我再拿到及格分 |
[21:37] | to St. Agnes with the wayward girls? | 就送到教会学校管教? |
[21:38] | Don’t you dare talk to me this way. | 不许这样跟我说话 |
[21:41] | -You need– -To shut up? | -你需要… -闭嘴? |
[21:43] | To go away. Yeah, sure thing, boss lady. | 我需要走开 没问题 老板娘 |
[21:46] | Oh, dear. | 我的天 |
[21:48] | [exhales] | |
[22:02] | Well, good morning. | 早上好 |
[22:07] | Yeah, I know you’re not allowed a real mimosa, | 我知道你不能喝真正的含羞草鸡尾酒 |
[22:10] | so we’ll just pretend, all right? | 所以我们就假装一下吧? |
[22:15] | Are we not going into the office? | 我们不去办公室吗? |
[22:17] | No, we are. I just, uh… | 我们会去 我只是… |
[22:20] | Well, I thought we’d share a nice breakfast. | 我心想我们可以一起共用早餐 |
[22:23] | Which you made all on your own. | 这些都是你自己做的 |
[22:27] | Well, no call does sound suspicious. I, uh… | 好吧 没理由怀疑我 我… |
[22:32] | Well, look, I’m– I’m hoping today’s a better day. | 听着 我希望今天能过得更好 |
[22:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:41] | Starting off like this, I’m sure it will be. | 这样开始的一天 我相信一定会过得更好 |
[22:44] | Hey, come here. | 过来 |
[22:50] | Let me take you to a movie. | 我带你去看电影吧 |
[22:52] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[22:54] | I’m on call tonight, but how about tomorrow? | 我今晚值班 但明晚如何? |
[22:56] | All right? You pick what we see and how much butter we put on the popcorn. | 你来决定看哪一部 还有爆米花里放多少黄油 |
[22:59] | -Ty has a game, and it’s one of yours. -Well… | -阿泰有比赛 而且是轮到你去看 -这个嘛… |
[23:04] | this is just as important. | 这事也一样很重要 |
[23:06] | And Maddie’d be happy to go. | 而且麦迪会很乐意去看比赛 |
[23:11] | You’re so sweet, | 你真好 |
[23:12] | but I know how much Ty’s games mean to you. | 但我知道阿泰的比赛对你很重要 |
[23:15] | You’re not gonna miss one ’cause of me. | 我不能让你因为我而错过 |
[23:17] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[23:21] | Of course. | 当然 |
[23:22] | Oh… | |
[23:23] | You’re a good woman, Noreen. | 你是个好女人 诺琳 |
[23:33] | [Helen] There’s still so much work to do at the spa. | 水疗所还有很多事情要做 |
[23:36] | We’re not gonna open on time. | 我们没法按时开张了 |
[23:37] | Master scheduler that you are, I can imagine that’s a struggle. | 对于你这样的日程安排狂人 我能想象这有多艰难 |
[23:41] | But I knew that renovating Ms. Frances’s house | 虽然我知道翻修弗朗西丝小姐的房子 |
[23:43] | was gonna be a huge undertaking, but there have been so many surprises, | 会是一项大工程 但出现的意外实在太多 |
[23:48] | and I do not like surprises. | 我不喜欢意外 |
[23:51] | Of course not. | 这是当然 |
[23:52] | They remind us that we’re not in control. | 它们提醒我们 |
[23:57] | [laughs] But you were saying? | 事情不在我们控制之中 不过你刚在说什么? |
[24:01] | [groans] | |
[24:03] | Skeeter has been a wonder, | 史基特一直都很棒 |
[24:05] | but there’s only so much that he can do with his crew. | 但他的团队能做的有限 |
[24:08] | What happens if you don’t meet your deadline? | 要是赶不上工期会怎样? |
[24:10] | We really want to open on Ms. Frances’s birthday to honor her. | 为了致敬弗朗西丝小姐 我们非常想在她的生日开张 |
[24:14] | Ms. Frances was one of the first people I met in Serenity. | 弗朗西丝小姐是我在宁静镇 最先认识的一批人之一 |
[24:18] | -She was on your call committee. -Mm-hmm. | 她是会众理事会的评审 |
[24:21] | She was quiet, but I could tell her opinion. | 她很安静 但我能看出她的想法 |
[24:24] | [chuckles] | |
[24:26] | Even in silence, it carried a lot of weight. | 哪怕是沉默 也有很大的重量 |
[24:29] | When she did speak, | 当她真的开口时 |
[24:32] | it wasn’t about doctrine or budget. | 谈的不是教条或预算 |
[24:35] | It was about community, | 而是社区 |
[24:37] | about how Serenity should always welcome the stranger, | 谈着宁静镇应该始终欢迎陌生人 |
[24:41] | and feed the hungry, | 要给饿者食物 |
[24:42] | and give the thirsty a drink. | 要送水止渴 |
[24:44] | Oh, my. | |
[24:48] | She told me a story about three little girls | 她跟我说过三个小女孩的故事 |
[24:51] | who came to her on a hot summer day. | 她们在一个炎炎夏日找到她 |
[24:53] | [laughs] | |
[24:54] | And asked if they could build a lemonade stand on her corner. | 问能否在她家那个街角摆摊卖柠檬水 |
[24:58] | Now, why do you suppose they wanted to use her corner? | 你觉得她们为什么 想用她家那个街角? |
[25:01] | Uh, because it was the busiest corner in town. | 因为那是镇上最繁忙的街角 |
[25:05] | Everybody, fancy, poor, and in between, | 每一个人 无论贫富 |
[25:07] | it seemed like they’d have to come across that corner | 好像都会在一天的某个时候 |
[25:10] | at some point during the day. | 经过那个街角 |
[25:12] | And it– it was so hot | 而且那天非常热 |
[25:15] | that we knew that they would need a lemonade. | 我们知道大家肯定要喝柠檬水 |
[25:17] | Mm-hmm. | |
[25:17] | Give the thirsty a drink. | 送水止渴 |
[25:19] | [laughs] Our first venture together. | 那是我们首次一起做生意 |
[25:27] | Here’s the thing about being the one | 总是站在柠檬水小摊后面的那个人 |
[25:28] | who’s always standing behind the lemonade stand. | 会有一个问题 |
[25:32] | You forget that you get thirsty too. | 你会忘记自己也会渴 |
[25:36] | You forget how to let someone else pour for you. | 你会忘记如何让别人给你倒水 |
[25:41] | Ms. Frances will be honored no matter what day you open. | 无论你们哪天开张 弗朗西丝小姐都会受到敬仰 |
[25:45] | And there is no dishonor in asking for help. | 而且寻求帮助也没什么丢人的 |
[25:51] | [chuckles, sniffles] | |
[25:53] | Why don’t we step on out across to Wharton’s? | 我们去对面的沃顿餐厅吧? |
[25:56] | I have this sudden hankering for lemonade. | 我突然很想喝柠檬水 |
[25:59] | -Ooh. Let’s go. -[laughs] | 走吧 |
[26:01] | -[June] Don’t have to tell me twice. -[both laugh] | 不用叫我第二次 |
[26:04] | [Max] How about this? | 这个怎么样? |
[26:06] | [Maddie] Ooh. Maybe something not so bright? | 也许不要这么亮? |
[26:09] | This shade would scare Van Gogh. [laughs] | 这个色号连梵高都害怕 |
[26:11] | All right. Van Gogh. | 好吧 梵高 |
[26:13] | ♪ Go, go, gooo ♪ | 去找… |
[26:16] | All right, well, how about… these? | 好了 这些怎么样? |
[26:19] | -This is a little better, right? -Mm-hmm. | 这个好一点吧? |
[26:21] | So much. | 好多了 |
[26:23] | Oh, I, uh… | 我… |
[26:24] | If you’ll excuse me, I have to alphabetize the hammers. | 失陪一下 我得去整理一下锤子 |
[26:28] | [chuckles] Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:33] | Hey, Noreen. | 嘿 |
[26:34] | Shouldn’t you be at Ty’s baseball game? | 诺琳 你不是应该在看阿泰的棒球赛吗? |
[26:37] | Bill and I decided I shouldn’t go to the games anymore. | 我和比尔决定我还是别去看比赛了 |
[26:41] | Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t– | 抱歉 我并不… |
[26:42] | Those bleachers, they’re just so hard on my back right now. | 这种时候 露天看台让我的背非常难受 |
[26:51] | And this gives me more time | 这样我也有更多时间 |
[26:53] | to make some choices about the nursery without Bill hanging around, and… | 不用带着比尔来挑选育儿室的布置 |
[26:59] | We– We wanna be surprised whether it’s a boy or a girl, | 我们不想提前知道婴儿性别 |
[27:03] | so… I was thinking about a light green. | 所以…我之前考虑用淡绿色 |
[27:08] | It’s lovely. | 很好看 |
[27:10] | But there’s nothing wrong with yellow. | 但是黄色也不差 |
[27:13] | No, there’s not. | 是的 不差 |
[27:16] | It’s just so hard to decide. | 真是太难抉择了 |
[27:21] | Takes time. | 得花时间 |
[27:33] | [sighs] | |
[27:36] | And, Peanut, you’ll be brave, and strong, and confident. | 小花生 你要勇敢、坚强、自信 |
[27:41] | And you’ll be such a good person that even when you make mistakes, | 你要做个大好人 即使在你犯错时 |
[27:44] | people will forgive you because you have such a good heart. | 大家也会因为你心地善良而原谅你 |
[27:48] | But, remember, if you ever feel all alone, | 但要是你觉得孤单 你要记住 |
[27:51] | no one can love you more than I do. | 没人能比我更爱你 |
[27:57] | [Kyle] Hey, Noreen. | 嘿 诺琳 |
[27:59] | Kyle, what are you doing here? | 凯尔 你在这里做什么? |
[28:01] | Practicing my lines. | 练台词 |
[28:02] | My whole part of the play takes place outside, | 我在剧里的戏都是外景 |
[28:04] | so I thought it’d be fun to rehearse out here. | 所以我想在这外面彩排会很有趣 |
[28:06] | And a lot more fun than standing around in the hardware store | 也比站在五金店里等我妈挑油漆 |
[28:08] | -while my mom picks out paint. -Yeah. That’s not my favorite either. | -要有趣得多 -是啊 我也不喜欢那样 |
[28:12] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[28:14] | -Can I sit? -Yeah. | -我能坐吗? -坐吧 |
[28:23] | How come you’re not at Ty’s game? With Dad? | 你怎么没去看阿泰比赛? 跟爸爸一起? |
[28:31] | Relationships are hard, aren’t they? | 恋爱不容易吧? |
[28:35] | Something happen, sweetie? | 有什么情况吗 宝贝? |
[28:37] | [chuckles] More like something didn’t. | 应该说没情况才对 |
[28:39] | W– Why does all this have to be so difficult? | 为什么这一切非得这么难? |
[28:44] | Remember: Girls are just as nervous as you are, | 记住 女孩子和你一样紧张 |
[28:48] | and they get their feelings hurt too. | 情感也会受伤 |
[28:51] | They just want to know you’re thinking about ’em. | 她们只是想知道你在想着她们 |
[28:53] | But what if that’s all you’re thinking about? | 但要是你一心只想着这个呢? |
[28:54] | [chuckles] I mean, why can’t they just know that you like them? | 为什么她们就是不知道你喜欢她们? |
[28:59] | I’d know if a girl liked me. | 如果有女孩喜欢我 我肯定知道 |
[29:03] | If there’s somebody you like, hang tough. | 如果你有喜欢的人 那就牢牢坚持 |
[29:05] | And if you don’t give up, | 只要你不放弃 |
[29:07] | eventually, she’ll see how you feel, and she’ll love you too. | 她最终会明白你的感受 也会爱上你 |
[29:17] | [door opens] | |
[29:23] | [door closes] | |
[29:25] | Hey, sweetie. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[29:27] | How was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样? |
[29:29] | Didn’t realize how late it is. | 我没意识到已经这么晚了 |
[29:31] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[29:33] | [retreating footsteps] | |
[29:36] | [sighs] | |
[29:37] | [door closes] | |
[29:46] | [sighs] | |
[29:49] | [sploshing] | |
[29:51] | Ugh. | |
[29:53] | Oh, gosh. | 天啊 (轻松排障 水管及热水器维修) |
[30:03] | [grunts, squeals] | |
[30:05] | [squeaking] | |
[30:08] | [grunts] | |
[30:11] | [sighs] | |
[30:16] | [Skeeter] Didn’t know there were this many plumbers in the whole county. | 我都不知道整个郡有这么多水管工 |
[30:20] | What do you have on Santa Claus? | 你有圣诞老人什么把柄? |
[30:22] | [Helen, chuckles] It’s the other Christmas guy who inspired me. | 启发我的是另一个圣诞人物 |
[30:25] | And Pastor June reminded me | 而且茱恩牧师提醒了我 |
[30:27] | that neighbors should be eager to help each other out, | 邻里之间应当主动互相帮助 |
[30:31] | and just as willing to ask for help. | 也要主动寻求帮助 |
[30:34] | -They are residential plumbers, though. -[groans] | 不过他们是住宅楼水管工 嗯 |
[30:37] | They know enough. And what they don’t know, | 他们知道的够多了 而且如果他们有不知道的 |
[30:39] | you can show ’em. | 你可以教他们 |
[30:43] | You are relentless. | 你真是不屈不挠 |
[30:44] | [laughing] | |
[30:46] | I– If you ever decide to quit being a lawyer, | 如果你哪天决定不做律师了 |
[30:48] | -I’d give you a job in a heartbeat. -Skeeter! | -我会毫不犹豫雇你干活 -史基特 |
[30:52] | I’ll keep my shoes handy. | 我随时准备换鞋 |
[30:54] | -All right. -[laughs] | 好 |
[30:56] | [Maddie sighs] | |
[30:58] | Oh, gosh. | 天啊 |
[31:05] | [sighs] | |
[31:10] | [phone chimes] | |
[31:16] | Hey, it’s Maddie. | 嘿 |
[31:18] | Um, I can’t believe I’m calling you like this, | 我是麦迪 |
[31:20] | but I have tried everyone, | 真不敢相信我会这样给你打电话 但我已经试过所有人 |
[31:21] | and there is not an available plumber in the county | 整个郡没有一个水管工有空 |
[31:24] | and my kitchen sink is leaking. | 我的厨房水槽漏水了 |
[31:27] | Yeah. N– No. I– I– No, I knew enough to do that. | 嗯 不会 这一点我还是知道的 |
[31:33] | I’d be grateful. | 感激不尽 对不起 嗨 埃里克 |
[31:36] | [phone chimes] | |
[31:43] | -Whoa. | -Whoa. I’m sorry. Hi. |
[31:45] | [chuckles] Erik. | |
[31:47] | -Hi. | -Hi. 嗨 |
[31:48] | It’s, uh… nice to run into ya. | 真是…很高兴撞见你 |
[31:50] | [both laugh] | |
[31:55] | Um… | |
[31:56] | that was so sweet of you to send over that cobbler. | 你送来那些甜点 真是太有心了 |
[31:59] | If there is anything that’ll make Skeeter’s crew work harder | 如果说有什么东西能比加班费 |
[32:02] | than overtime pay, it’s sweets. | 更能让史基特的人努力工作 那就是甜食了 |
[32:04] | [both laugh] | |
[32:05] | Did they enjoy it? | 他们喜欢吗? |
[32:06] | Oh, they’re not getting that until the pipes are working. | 在修好管道前 他们别想吃到 |
[32:09] | Incentives, my dear. | 激励措施 亲爱的 |
[32:11] | Oh, such a taskmaster. | 真是个厉害的工头 |
[32:13] | [both laugh] | |
[32:15] | -Remind me to stay on your good side. -[both laugh] | -提醒我要继续让你保持好感 -好啊 |
[32:18] | Well, who says that you are? | 谁说你现在让我有好感? |
[32:21] | All right. | 好吧 |
[32:23] | Erik, uh… | 埃里克 |
[32:25] | thank you for taking Brad outside for a little conversation. | 谢谢你带布拉德出去小小地聊了一会 |
[32:29] | It was above and beyond your job requirements. | 这是你工作要求之外的东西 |
[32:31] | Well, I didn’t do that as Chef’s employee. I did it as Dana Sue’s friend. | 我那样做不是因为我是主厨的员工 而是因为我是达娜·苏的朋友 |
[32:35] | Well, she needed that. So thanks a bushel. | 她很受用 所以特别谢谢你 |
[32:42] | I gotta… | 我得去… |
[32:43] | Yeah, I gotta run. | 嗯 |
[32:45] | -[laughs] -Yeah. | 我得跑步了 |
[32:55] | So, I turned off the water, but it’s still a mess. | 我把水关了 但还是一团糟 |
[32:58] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了? |
[33:02] | Yeah. Let’s do this. | 嗯 我们开始吧 |
[33:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:06] | -Uh, well, it looks like you tamed it. -Yeah. | -看来你驯服它了 -是啊 |
[33:09] | Here, hold this. I’m going in. | 来 拿着这个 |
[33:12] | [sighs] Let’s see here. | 我进去了 来看看这里 |
[33:14] | So, it was, um… | 水是从这里出来的 |
[33:15] | It was– It was coming from here, | |
[33:17] | but it was, like, shooting… | 但像是喷射而出 |
[33:20] | It was shooting. Well, it was spraying, like, this… in this direction. | 水是喷射出来 喷出来…这个方向 |
[33:24] | That way? | 那边? |
[33:25] | I’m trying to be specific. | 我是想具体一点 |
[33:27] | -And I appreciate that. -Okay, I don’t want you | -谢谢你了 -好吧 我不想让你 |
[33:29] | to get hit in the face with a bunch of water. | 被水流打中脸 |
[33:32] | [Maddie screams] | |
[33:33] | -[Cal] Yup. -Just like that. | -嗯 -就像这样 |
[33:34] | That’s it. Goodness. | 就这样 我的天啊 |
[33:36] | -[Cal] Yep. -Gosh. Let me put a towel down. | -嗯 -天啊 我放条毛巾下来 |
[33:38] | [Cal] There’s always something left in the pipes. | 管道里总是会有残留 |
[33:39] | -Okay. -[Cal] All right. | 好了 |
[33:40] | So your connectors are loose. | 你的连接头松了 |
[33:42] | That’s easy enough to fix. | 很容易修好 |
[33:44] | Okay. Let me get this out of here. | 好 我给你把这个拿出来 |
[33:47] | -That should do it. -[Maddie screams] | 应该好了 |
[33:49] | No, that’s not it. Oh, my gosh, tighten it. Oh, gosh. | 不 还没好 我的天 拧紧了 天啊 |
[33:52] | [Cal grunting] | |
[33:54] | Yeah, okay, all right, I need the heavy artillery. | 嗯 好了 我需要重型火炮 |
[33:56] | Okay. Incoming. | 好 来了 |
[33:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:00] | All right. | 好了 |
[34:01] | -[knob squeaking] -[Cal grunts] | |
[34:02] | All right. | 好了 |
[34:04] | That should do it. | 这下应该好了 |
[34:05] | Okay. Well, so you said. | 你之前也这么说 |
[34:06] | [both chuckle] | |
[34:07] | Wait, how many more towels do you have? | 等等 |
[34:09] | [laughs] Not enough. | 你还有多少条毛巾? |
[34:11] | [Cal] Okay. | 不够多 |
[34:12] | -Okay. -[Cal sighs] | 好了 |
[34:14] | Victory. | 胜利 |
[34:16] | -[Cal sighs] -Yeah, victory. | 是啊 胜利 |
[34:17] | [Cal exhales] | |
[34:18] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[34:19] | I made it look a lot harder than it was. | 其实没这么难搞定 |
[34:21] | [laughs] Yeah. This is always the type of thing | 嗯 这种事情 |
[34:23] | that Bill would take care of. | 总是比尔负责解决 |
[34:25] | And by take care of, I mean, he would call a plumber. | 解决的意思是他打电话找水管工 |
[34:27] | Which I did call a few of them, | 我打过电话给几个水管工 |
[34:29] | but Helen’s got ’em all rounded up working at the spa, so… | 但海伦把他们 都叫去水疗所做事了 所以… |
[34:32] | -Thank you. -It was really no big deal. | -谢谢你 -真的是小事一桩 |
[34:33] | Well, it was to me. [chuckles] | 对我来说是大事 |
[34:39] | Um, do you want a drink? | 你想喝一杯吗? |
[34:41] | Or you can, um– You could stay for dinner? | 或者你可以留下来吃晚饭? |
[34:44] | The kids are almost home. | 孩子们就快到家了 |
[34:45] | I– It’ll be something simple. | 晚饭会非常简单 |
[34:50] | I love simple. | 我喜欢简单 |
[34:52] | -Um, okay. -If you’re sure it’s not too much trouble. | -好 -如果你确定不会太麻烦的话 |
[34:54] | No, it’s fine. I always make enough for a ball team. You know. | 不麻烦 没事 我做饭总是多得足够喂饱一支球队 |
[34:58] | [both] Teenage boys. | 青春期孩子嘛 |
[35:01] | Um, okay. So, well, I’ll set you a plate. | 好了 那我给你摆个盘子 |
[35:03] | -[squeak] -Oh! Hey, careful. | 嘿 小心 |
[35:09] | [Ty] What the… | 搞什么… |
[35:12] | Ty. Hi. | 阿泰 嗨 |
[35:14] | Coach? | 教练? |
[35:15] | Mom? | 妈? |
[35:18] | -You’re wet. -Yeah. | -你湿了 -是啊 |
[35:20] | [stammers] Well, the sink, it busted, | 水槽 它爆了 |
[35:22] | and I just– I called Coach Maddox to fix it, so… | 我就…我叫马多克斯教练来修 所以… |
[35:25] | You what? | 你什么? |
[35:27] | I’m gonna take a rain check on dinner. | 晚饭我就以后再吃吧 |
[35:28] | -You guys have a good night. -Okay. | -祝你们夜晚愉快 -好的 |
[35:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:55] | [phone chimes] | |
[35:56] | Oh, Peggy. | 呼叫佩吉 |
[36:09] | I’ve seen enough episodes of Suits | 我看了够多的《金装律师》 |
[36:11] | to know Brad doesn’t have a leg to stand on with that lawsuit. | 布拉德那宗官司肯定毫无胜算 |
[36:14] | Uh, you know, it’s– it’s not… | 你知道的 不是… |
[36:17] | I… [sighs] | 我… |
[36:18] | Chef, | 主厨 |
[36:20] | you hired Isaac. | 你雇了艾萨克 |
[36:22] | Even though he didn’t know a braising pot from a flowerpot, | 尽管他当时分不清汤盆和花盆 |
[36:26] | and you’ve taught him. | 但你一直教导他 |
[36:27] | Encouraged him. | 鼓励他 |
[36:29] | Now you’ve moved him up from dishwashing to the line. | 现在还把他从洗碗工变成了帮厨 |
[36:32] | Even though he’s still learning to properly scrub a stockpot. | 尽管他还在学习怎么好好刷汤锅 |
[36:34] | [chuckles] | |
[36:35] | You know, I’m standing right here. | 你知道我就站在这里吧 |
[36:37] | [chuckles] | |
[36:39] | I know you don’t like compliments unless it’s about your food, | 我知道你不喜欢听人夸 除非是夸奖你的食物 |
[36:42] | but you’re a good boss. | 但你是个好老板 |
[36:44] | Don’t beat yourself up over one bad apple. | 别因为一颗老鼠屎而质疑自己 |
[36:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:50] | Mm-hmm. | |
[36:52] | This looks good. | 这个看起来不错 |
[36:53] | [Erik] Well, dig in. | 开吃吧 |
[36:55] | [laughs] | |
[36:58] | [Dana Sue groans] | |
[36:59] | Chef? | 主厨? |
[37:01] | Oh, now, you know he was teasing. | 你知道他是在逗你吧 |
[37:04] | Uh, I think there’s something else you should know about Brad. | 关于布拉德 还有件事要让你知道 |
[37:13] | It was a weird day. | 今天很奇怪 |
[37:16] | What, like “polka-dotted fish with two heads” weird, | 是“居然有两个头的斑点鱼”那种奇怪 |
[37:19] | or, like, “not everybody likes Beyoncé” weird? | 还是“居然有人不喜欢碧昂丝” 那种奇怪? |
[37:22] | Like, “I thought we were working out” weird? | “我以为我们一起健身”那种奇怪? |
[37:26] | Oh! Oh. | |
[37:29] | So, it’s gonna be one of those days where you don’t want to chat about it, | 今天又会是那种日子 也就是你不想谈这件事 |
[37:32] | so I start talking really fast in long run-on sentences, | 于是我就开始快速说着大长句 |
[37:34] | and you get tired of listening to how long I can speak without taking a breath, | 你会厌烦听我不带喘气地说那么久 |
[37:37] | ’cause I have amazing core strength and breath control | 毕竟我的核心力量和呼吸控制很棒 |
[37:39] | and eventually, you give in and tell me. | 最终你会屈服并告诉我 |
[37:40] | -Is that what it’s gonna be like tonight? -Yeah, you know what? | -今晚会是这样吗? -好了 |
[37:42] | I surrender, okay. | 我投降了 好吧 |
[37:44] | I saw the mom today. | 我今天见到了那个妈妈 |
[37:49] | Hmm. | |
[37:50] | Didn’t I tell you it was a bad idea? Yeah. | 我难道没跟你说那是个坏主意? |
[37:52] | No. No, no, no. I know I told you it was a bad idea. | 不 我肯定跟你说过那是个坏主意 |
[37:55] | -Even Ashley told you it was a bad idea. -This is a bad idea, | -就连艾士丽也说过这是个坏主意 -这是个坏主意 |
[37:57] | yeah, no, I know. Especially since she’s the mom of a player. | 这我知道 尤其是因为她是一位球员的妈妈 |
[38:04] | My star player. | 我的明星球员 |
[38:09] | The mom is Madd– | 你说的这个妈妈是麦迪·汤森? |
[38:10] | -Hmm. -The mom is Maddie Townsend? | |
[38:12] | Yeah, I know you guys don’t approve, but I just– | 是啊 我知道你们不赞成 但我就是… |
[38:15] | Oh, no. No, no, no, no. | 不 |
[38:16] | I definitely think you should ask out my brand-new boss, Maddie. | 我绝对认为 你应该约我的新上司麦迪出去玩 |
[38:20] | -The four of us could even double-date. -[laughs] | 我们四个人还能来个四人约会 |
[38:22] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[38:25] | However… | 然而… |
[38:27] | However, I know what she’s going through, I’ve been through it. | 然而我知道她现在的经历 我之前也经历过 |
[38:30] | Like, I don’t want to push her, | 我不想逼她 |
[38:33] | but I can’t exactly walk away. | 但我也不能走开 |
[38:37] | It’s the age-old pull between the heart and the head, my friend. | 这是古往今来一直存在的 理性与感性之争 朋友 |
[38:40] | You need to respect a lady and give her space, | 你得尊重女士 给她空间 |
[38:41] | but you can’t wait to be up close and personal. | 但又迫不及待想跟她亲密无间 |
[38:46] | This is a place country music comes from. | 乡村音乐就是从这里来的 |
[38:49] | [chuckles] | |
[38:52] | [blender whirring] | |
[38:54] | So, I was thinking that, um, | 我想我们应该雇用卡尔 |
[38:57] | that we should hire Cal to do some plumbing at the spa. | 来水疗所修修水管 |
[39:00] | I thought you said Skeeter had it handled. | 你不是说史基特都搞定了吗? |
[39:03] | And he does. | 确实如此 |
[39:04] | But if Cal is gonna go around town doing naked plumbing, | 但如果卡尔要在镇上裸体修水管的话 |
[39:09] | oh, I will punch some holes so I can call him up and enjoy the show. | 那我会打出几个洞 这样就能叫他过来 |
[39:13] | [laughs] He was not naked. | 让我一览风光 他当时没有裸露 |
[39:16] | [laughs] | |
[39:17] | He was just… wet. | 他只是…湿了身 |
[39:19] | -[Helen] Mm-hmm. -He was very, very wet. | 湿得很厉害 |
[39:22] | You know who drove by and saw him? | 你知道谁开车经过看到他了 |
[39:25] | [Dana Sue] Mary Vaughn Lewis. | 玛丽·沃恩·路易斯 |
[39:26] | -Oh, Lord. -[Helen] Please. | -天啊 -拜托 |
[39:27] | And Mary Vaughn told Peggy, and Peggy told Mary Lee, | 然后玛丽·沃恩告诉了佩吉 佩吉告诉了玛丽·李 |
[39:30] | and Mary Lee told Lee Ann… | 玛丽·李告诉了李·安 |
[39:33] | that she drove by and saw him shirtless and glistening. | 说她开车经过时 看到他没穿上衣 闪闪发光 |
[39:38] | [laughs] | |
[39:39] | -[Dana Sue] Glistening in the driveway. -He was dripping. | -在车道上闪闪发光 -他当时在滴水 |
[39:41] | And they gave him six abs up. | 她们说他腹肌至少六块 |
[39:44] | He deserves it. | 他配得上这些夸奖 |
[39:45] | Well, I heard that he was practically doing a Magic Mike routine | 我听说他基本上是在大街上来了一支 |
[39:49] | in the middle of the street. | 《魔力麦克》舞 |
[39:50] | -Lord have mercy. -Mm. | 我的天啊 |
[39:52] | Seriously, though… | 不过 说真的 |
[39:55] | staring at him in that wet T-shirt, | 看着他湿身的样子 |
[39:57] | all I could think of was Helen. | 我一心只想到海伦 |
[39:59] | -Why? -[laughs] | 为什么? |
[40:01] | Because she said that it was impossible | 因为她说过 跟那样性感到爆的男人 |
[40:04] | to be just friends with a man that ridiculously hot. | 是不可能只做朋友的 |
[40:06] | Exactly. Exactly. And that is why you should be friends… | 没错 所以说你们应该做… |
[40:12] | with benefits. | 炮友 |
[40:13] | Oh, my Lord… | 我的天 |
[40:15] | Come bring that in. You want to, and there it is. | 杯子举过来 你想这样 这就对了 |
[40:18] | [all laughing] | |
[40:19] | So that’s the secret to happiness: a plumber. A wet plumber. | 这就是幸福的秘诀: 水管工 湿身的水管工 |
[40:22] | I guess so. [laughs] | 大概是的 |
[40:24] | Well, you know, | 好吧 |
[40:25] | I guess I’ll have to bust some pipes down at the restaurant. | 看来我得去餐厅爆几根水管了 |
[40:29] | Are things not improving? | 事情没有好转吗? |
[40:30] | I just– I know that my staff thinks I’m authoritarian, | 只是…我知道我的员工觉得我很专制 |
[40:35] | and my daughter agrees. | 我女儿也这样想 |
[40:36] | -[Helen] Oh, she’s a teenager. -Yeah. | -她是青春期少女 -是啊 |
[40:38] | You should have heard some of the things she said to me. | 你们该听听她对我说的一些话 |
[40:41] | About Ronnie. | 关于罗尼的话 |
[40:43] | She even stood up for Brad. | 她甚至还力挺布拉德 |
[40:45] | -I repeat: She’s a teenager. -Yeah. | -我重复一下 她是青春期少女 -是啊 |
[40:48] | She doesn’t believe half the stuff she says. | 她说的话 有一半她自己都不信 |
[40:51] | Yeah, well, what half though? | 不过是哪一半? |
[40:52] | [crunching] | |
[40:53] | Okay. | 好了 |
[40:54] | That’s a thing that being a boss and a mom have in common. | 当老板和当妈妈就是有这个共同点 |
[40:58] | They both can suck sometimes. | 这俩事有时候都很差劲 |
[41:00] | Man… | 天啊… |
[41:01] | I used to be the life of the party. | 我曾经活力四射、左右逢源 |
[41:03] | And you two know it. Right? | 你俩是知道的 对吧? |
[41:05] | And you were the bossy one. | 而你才喜欢使唤人 |
[41:07] | Determined! | 坚定不移 |
[41:09] | -And you were the sensible one. -Well, look where that got me. | -而你才是理智的那位 -看看我的下场 |
[41:13] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[41:14] | -Okay. -Hmm. And you’re not? | -好吧 -而你会有事? |
[41:17] | I don’t know. Sometimes I wonder. | 我不知道 有时候我想不清楚 |
[41:20] | I’m just tired. | 我只是累了 |
[41:21] | I’m tired of Annie being angry, | 我厌倦了安妮的愤怒 |
[41:23] | and I’m tired of my staff being prickly, and… | 厌倦了员工的棘手 |
[41:27] | [sighs] | |
[41:28] | It’d be so much easier if everyone just liked me. | 要是大家都喜欢我 事情就简单多了 |
[41:31] | We like you. | 我们喜欢你 |
[41:33] | -Most of the time. -[laughs] | 大多数时候 |
[41:35] | You’re awful. | 你真坏 |
[41:37] | Oh, you’re the worst. | 你最坏了 |
[41:38] | [Helen laughing] | |
[41:45] | [water splashing] | |
[41:48] | I’m gonna run this over to the bank. Be right back. | 我去银行复查一下 马上回来 |
[41:51] | I’ll be here. Scrubbing. | 我就在这里 刷锅 (01号摄像头 录像中) |
[41:55] | [door closes] | |
[42:19] | [instrumental music playing] | |
[43:18] | [music fades out] |