时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:12] | Pour it out. Mmm. | -倾泻而出 |
[01:16] | Mmm. Mmm. | -倾泻而出 |
[01:19] | I knew that getting Miss Frances’s send-off done right | 我知道 弗朗西丝小姐的后事 如果操办得当 |
[01:23] | was gonna be rewarding. I didn’t expect it to be exhausting. | 肯定会很有意义 可我没想到会这么累 |
[01:26] | Well, emotions can drain you. | 情绪很容易把人掏空 |
[01:28] | Yeah. Is it emotion about the funeral or that Ryan is back? | 是啊 牵动情绪的究竟是葬礼 还是归来的莱恩? |
[01:32] | -And thank you, Dana Sue. -Have you talked to him? | -谢了 达娜·苏 -你跟他谈过了吗? |
[01:35] | Not really. | 没说几句话 |
[01:37] | He came by, but I was on my way out to meet Erik. | 他顺道过来 而我正准备出门去见埃里克 |
[01:42] | Brief. Polite. | 言简意赅 客客气气 |
[01:44] | Capital A awkward. | 大写的尴尬 |
[01:46] | Why awkward? He had his chance, and he blew his chance. | 尴尬什么?机会在手的时候 他却浪费了 |
[01:49] | You do not owe him an explanation or a second thought. | 你不欠他任何解释 也犯不上重新考虑 |
[01:52] | You and Erik are happy, and that is all that matters. | 你和埃里克相处开心 这才是最重要的 |
[01:56] | Hmm, I don’t know. | 难说 |
[01:59] | Look, you and Ryan were together for a long time | 你看 你和莱恩在一起那么长时间 |
[02:03] | and loved each other deeply. | 而且彼此深深相爱 |
[02:05] | And no disrespect to his aunt, | 不是说对她姑姑不敬 |
[02:08] | but you were probably the reason he came home, | 但他回来很可能是因为你 |
[02:11] | and you might have other things to talk about. | 你们兴许还有别的话要说 |
[02:16] | Helen, what are you thinkin’? | 海伦 你怎么想? |
[02:19] | I’m just pondering if Miss Shiny-New-Love and Miss One-Last-Chance | 我在琢磨“灿烂新欢”小姐 和“最后机会”小姐 |
[02:23] | are doing well in their own relationships. | 自己的恋情是否一帆风顺 |
[02:29] | Dana S– Come on, Dana Sue. | 达娜…好了 达娜·苏 |
[02:31] | Dana Sue! | 达娜·苏! |
[02:34] | -Dana Sue, I didn’t mean to be hurtful. -It’s fine. | -我不是故意伤你的 -没事儿 |
[02:36] | Dana Sue, come here. No, no. Hey, I’m sorry. | 达娜·苏 过来 真对不起 |
[02:39] | -I know. I know. -I’m sorry. | -我知道 -对不起 |
[02:41] | -I know. -How’s counseling? | -我知道 -咨询做得怎么样? |
[02:43] | Uh, it’s helping, I think. | 我觉得很有帮助 |
[02:46] | Even though June doesn’t always agree with me, | 虽然茱恩时不时跟我唱反调 |
[02:48] | which is super annoying. | 气人得很 |
[02:52] | But, uh, two sides to every story, right? | 但每个故事都有两面性 对吧? |
[02:56] | Problem is, I have spent such a long time | 问题是 长久以来 |
[02:59] | thinking those were the side that he was wrong | 我一直觉得他是错的 |
[03:01] | and the side that I was right, but, uh, I made mistakes too. | 我是对的 但我也有错 |
[03:08] | -So many. -But you didn’t cheat on him. | -很多错 |
[03:10] | Mmm. | -的确 但你没有出轨 |
[03:11] | No, but I hurt him. | 没错 但我伤害了他 |
[03:17] | And | 而且 |
[03:19] | June is helping me see that I don’t get to assign points | 茱恩也帮我认识到 我不能总是 计较他做了什么 我做了什么 |
[03:23] | to what he did and what I did and then decide who won. | 然后评判谁输谁赢 |
[03:30] | But, | 可是 |
[03:32] | after wading through all of the hurt, | 经历了这些伤痛 |
[03:36] | I’m starting to see the hope. | 我开始看到希望 |
[03:40] | -And hope moves us forward. -Yeah. | -希望让我们继续向前 -是啊 |
[03:42] | So, good for you, Dana Sue. | 那太好了 达娜·苏 |
[03:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:47] | What about you, Maddie? | -你呢 |
[03:48] | -What? -How are you and Cal doing? | 麦迪? -什么? |
[03:51] | Especially with Mary Vaughn breathing down your neck. | 你和卡尔怎么样了? 尤其玛丽·沃恩还总不依不饶的 |
[03:53] | Well, we have gone through everything with a fine-tooth comb, | 我们仔细梳理过 |
[03:56] | and aside from one minor tussle with Henry Hutchinson | 除了和亨利·哈切森 因为健身中心停车位 |
[03:59] | over a parking spot at the gym… | 闹的那点小恩怨 |
[04:00] | -…Cal has been a model citizen. | 卡尔一直是个模范公民 |
[04:03] | So it’s all about Jackson. | 所以都是为了杰克森 |
[04:04] | -Yeah, and he’s fine with that. -Then we’re moving on to victory. | -他也无所谓 -那我们就走向胜利了 |
[04:08] | And should be narrowing down the list of candidates for mayor. | 也该缩小镇长候选人范围了 |
[04:11] | Can we please put that on the to-do list for tomorrow? | 拜托 这事能不能明天再说? |
[04:13] | -Hmm. -Let’s just relax tonight. | -今晚就先放松一下 -好吧 |
[04:15] | Okay. Well, then, to the next mayor of Serenity, whoever they may be. | 那就敬宁静镇下任镇长 无论这人是谁 |
[04:19] | Yes! Okay. | 对!没错 |
[04:21] | -Yes! | 对! |
[04:23] | Sorry I missed Noreen and Rebecca. | 抱歉 我错过了诺琳和丽贝卡 |
[04:26] | They won’t be long. | 她们一会儿就回来 |
[04:28] | Noreen likes to take the baby on a stroll through the neighborhood | 诺琳喜欢在睡觉前带宝宝到周围散步 |
[04:30] | before she turns in. -Hmm. -She says they both sleep better. | 她说这样两个人都能睡好 |
[04:36] | If they sleep at all at Rebecca’s age, that’s a wonder. | 丽贝卡这么小 母女俩居然有得睡 那也够神奇的 |
[04:42] | Before they get back… | 在她们回来之前… |
[04:45] | I haven’t told anyone, | 有件事我还没告诉任何人 |
[04:47] | but I wanna tell you. | 但我想让你知道 |
[04:51] | You’re such a good friend, and… | 你这么好的朋友 还… |
[04:56] | Hey, you can always tell me anything. | 嘿 对我你但说无妨 |
[04:59] | You don’t have to say a word until you’re ready. | 如果还没准备好 不说也没关系 |
[05:07] | I met my biological dad. | 我见到了生父 |
[05:09] | Bill Townsend. | 比尔·汤森 |
[05:13] | Yeah. You could’ve knocked me over too. | 是啊 我也是万万没想到 |
[05:17] | Of all the men in this town… | 宁静镇这么多男人 偏偏… |
[05:21] | How do you feel? | 现在什么感觉? |
[05:23] | Wish I’d been right about you. | 我真希望那个人是你 |
[05:27] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:30] | It’s good to finally know. | 好在总算知道了 |
[05:33] | But for it to be a man that’s caused such deep pain | 但却是这么一个给我在乎的人 |
[05:36] | to people that I really care about… | 造成如此伤痛的家伙… |
[05:40] | I’m still trying to wrap my heart around it. | 我还在努力消化 |
[05:46] | -Have you told Noreen? -She’s dealing with so much right now. | -你告诉诺琳了吗? -她现在事情一大堆 |
[05:49] | It can wait till I’ve come to terms with it myself. | 等我自己面对了再说也不迟 |
[05:53] | Hey, I want you to listen to me. | 听我一句劝 |
[05:57] | This answer, | 这个答案 |
[05:58] | it doesn’t change a thing about who you are as a man. | 丝毫没有改变你这个人 |
[06:01] | It’s just a piece of data. | 它只是信息 |
[06:03] | A fragment of fate. | 命运的一枚碎片 |
[06:05] | What you do with it is up to you. | 要如何面对取决于你 |
[06:13] | So how’s Ty today? | 阿泰今天怎么样? |
[06:15] | He’s still struggling. | 还是很辛苦 |
[06:18] | My heart breaks for him. | 我为他心碎 |
[06:21] | But I don’t think he’s ready for Mom’s thoughts on plan B. | 但现在跟他提老妈的后备计划 还为时尚早 |
[06:27] | But that’s, um… | 但这… |
[06:30] | It’s not why I asked you to come by. | 并不是我让你来的原因 |
[06:35] | 3:00 a.m. thought. | 纯属半夜临时起意 |
[06:36] | This whole Mary Vaughn leverage thing. | 这次玛丽·沃恩玩手段 |
[06:41] | Might there be something that you did | 会不会是抓住了你来这里之前 |
[06:43] | before you got here that she found out about? | 什么事情的把柄? |
[07:05] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[07:06] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[07:09] | You love me. | 你也爱我 |
[07:11] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[07:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:17] | I’m always telling your boys the best way forward is through, so… | 我总跟你儿子们讲 想要向前看 最好方式就是挺过去… |
[07:22] | After my accident, | 我出车祸之后 |
[07:25] | when I realized I wasn’t gonna play again, | 意识到自己不可能再打球了 |
[07:29] | it got dark. | 世界一片昏暗 |
[07:32] | I got dark. | 我也陷入了阴暗 |
[07:37] | Destructive. | 只想破坏 |
[07:40] | Johnny and Jodie dragged me to a program. | 约翰尼和乔蒂拽我去参加项目 |
[07:46] | Anger management. | 进行愤怒管理 |
[07:50] | And I owe them for the rest of my life. | 多亏了他们 我才有劫后余生 |
[07:54] | And I’m on top of it now. Swear to God. | 我对天发誓 现在已经克服了 |
[08:00] | I don’t know. Maybe Mary Vaughn found out about that. | 难说 也许玛丽·沃恩知道这事 |
[08:04] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么一直不告诉我? |
[08:09] | ‘Cause it’s hard. | 因为难以启齿 |
[08:10] | I packed it all away, just like I did with all the problems with Victoria. | 我把这些都一股脑抛在身后 就像跟维多利亚那些问题一样 |
[08:15] | You move on. Leave all that crap in the past. | 向前看 甩下那些破事 |
[08:18] | Build a bright future. | 打造美好的将来 |
[08:23] | That is behind me. | 我向前看了 |
[08:26] | Behind us. | 我们向前看了 |
[08:36] | Uh, a medium hazelnut latte and an iced oat milk latte | 中杯榛子拿铁 再加一杯焦糖薰衣草 |
[08:40] | with caramel and lavender. | 燕麦奶冰拿铁 |
[08:49] | I don’t know how you can order a mess like that with a straight face. | 你居然可以一脸正经地点那种玩意儿 |
[08:53] | The last one’s not for me. | 后面那杯不是给我点的 |
[08:55] | Yeah. It’s for Annie. | 知道 是安妮的 |
[08:56] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[08:59] | I’m pretty sure she’s the only person on the planet | 这个星球上除了她 |
[09:01] | that drinks that ungodly combination. | 没人喝这种丧心病狂的东西 |
[09:03] | I tell her it smells like a bar of soap, but she insists that it’s delicious. | 我跟她说闻着像肥皂 她非说好喝 |
[09:09] | Come on. Have a seat while they fire up the cauldron. | 坐会儿吧 熬魔药需要时间 |
[09:14] | -You waiting on a coffee too? -No, I just wanted a change in scenery. | -你也在等咖啡吗? -不 我只是想换个环境 |
[09:23] | Your cast is gone. | 你的石膏拆了 |
[09:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:26] | But, uh, I got a long way to go before I’m back in top form. | 但离理想状态还差得远 |
[09:32] | I feel awful. | 我挺过意不去的 |
[09:34] | Nah, it’s… | 没事儿… |
[09:40] | I’ve learned a lot since I started hanging out with Annie. | 自从和安妮在一起 我懂得了很多 |
[09:44] | -Yeah, she’s got a knack for that. -Yeah. | -是啊 她擅长这个 -没错 |
[09:47] | So owning up to my messes is something that I’m working on, | 我正在努力学习为自己的过错负责 |
[09:50] | and I’m genuinely sorry that I hurt you. | 让你受伤 |
[09:55] | Uh, it was an accident. | 我真的很抱歉 那是个意外 |
[09:57] | I get that. | 我明白 |
[09:59] | I’ve been competing with you for as long as I can remember. | 我一直都在跟你较劲 |
[10:02] | Trying to beat you made me the best I could be. | 因为想赢过你 我的状态也不断突破 |
[10:04] | Even after what I did, you were still there for us at State. | 即便我做了那种事 你依然到州锦标赛支持我们 |
[10:07] | Yeah, well, where else was I gonna be? | 不然我还去哪儿? |
[10:10] | I should’ve said thank you back then. | 那时候我就该道谢 |
[10:13] | Yeah, well, uh… | 这个嘛… |
[10:16] | you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[10:20] | We’re a team. | 我们是队友 |
[10:22] | Sure are now, | 现在一定是了 |
[10:23] | and I can’t wait till you come back and knock me down in the rotation. | 赶紧回归吧 好在投手轮值的时候 用安打对付我 |
[10:27] | Why… why would you say that? | 干嘛这么说? |
[10:28] | ‘Cause I’m never gonna be as good as you, man. | 因为我永远也比不过你 |
[10:31] | I just love playing, and if I’m playing as your backup, that’s fine too. | 我只是喜欢打球 给你当后备也可以 |
[10:36] | Yeah. You know, I’m not even sure I have it in me to not be the starter. | 我都不知道自己当不当得了开赛投手 |
[10:39] | You won’t have to. | 别勉强自己 |
[10:41] | I appreciate that, but… | 我心领了 但是… |
[10:47] | Two coffees for Jackson. | 杰克森的两杯咖啡好了 |
[10:48] | Uh, you should tell Annie | 你该告诉安妮 |
[10:50] | she should really give hazelnut another chance. | 她真该再试试榛子味 |
[11:13] | For the celebration of life, | 生平纪念的环节 |
[11:14] | this poem that Miss Frances asked you to read. | 弗朗西丝小姐交待你念这首诗 |
[11:17] | Do you know it? | 你知道这首诗吗? |
[11:18] | It was her favorite. She made me memorize it in middle school. | 是她的最爱 中学的时候 还硬让我背了下来 |
[11:22] | So then you don’t… don’t need to print it out. | 那就不用打印出来了 |
[11:24] | Oh, I’ll bring a copy. | 我会自己带一份的 |
[11:26] | I’d hate to draw a blank and dishonor her in the emotion of the moment. | 那么凝重的时刻 卡壳就对不起她了 |
[11:30] | Well, then, I think that is everything we need to discuss. | 这么一来 该讨论的就全部商量完了 |
[11:37] | Is it? | 是吗? |
[11:38] | Hmm. | |
[11:40] | So… | 那么… |
[11:42] | There is one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[11:44] | Since the night I got in the cab, when you said it was the last time, | 自从那晚我上了出租车 你说要一刀两断 |
[11:49] | I’ve been replaying and rethinking it all. | 我一直不断地回放和反思 |
[11:53] | And then when Miss Grace told me that Aunt Frances was gone… | 当格蕾丝小姐告诉我 弗朗西丝姑姑去世… |
[12:04] | I have been a fool, Helen. | 海伦 是我太糊涂 |
[12:06] | I let despair overtake hope. | 让绝望抹煞了希望 |
[12:09] | I let… the tragedy I see every day blind me to the promise of the future. | 任由 日常目睹的悲剧蒙蔽了未来的希望 |
[12:14] | Wha… what you do is hard. | 你…你也不容易 |
[12:17] | I don’t wanna get to the end of my life and realize pride and vanity | 我不想到岁月尽头才幡然醒悟 因为自负与虚荣 |
[12:20] | kept me from experiencing life fully. | 自己没能体验充实的人生 |
[12:23] | No. You’re smarter than that. | 你没那么糊涂 |
[12:28] | I was nowhere near smart to let the best thing that happened to me end | 但也没聪明到哪去 因为好高骛远 怕娶妻生子 |
[12:32] | because of some high-flown notion about how wanting a family made me weak. | 会削弱自己 结果断送了此生最好的缘分 |
[12:39] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[12:42] | I… I have no right to come back to town and say I’ve changed | 虽说这次回来我已经改变 |
[12:45] | and expect you to welcome me back, | 我并不指望你会重新接纳我 |
[12:47] | but I know Aunt Frances would tan my hide if I didn’t speak my truth. | 但如果我不把真心话说出来 弗朗西丝姑姑一定会怨我怂 |
[12:51] | And what is your truth, Ryan? | 莱恩 那你的真心话是什么? |
[12:54] | I… | 我… |
[12:57] | I want children. | 我希望要孩子 |
[13:04] | We can talk about it after the celebration. | 纪念式过后我们再细聊 |
[13:18] | I ran outta time with her. I don’t wanna run outta time with you. | 我没能好好地陪伴她 但不想再错过你 |
[13:35] | Damn it! | 该死! |
[13:39] | Ooh! You might just spoil me, young lady. | 姑娘 你快把我惯坏了 |
[13:41] | Well, you let me know when I get close. Is there anything else I can get you? | 真有那苗头你就告诉我 还有其他需要吗? |
[13:46] | Well, there is one more thing. | 还有一样 |
[13:47] | -If… if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 |
[13:50] | Okay. Here. | 好了 |
[13:55] | Aw. | 到这儿来 |
[13:57] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[13:58] | Yes. | 好嘞 |
[13:59] | Aw. | |
[14:00] | Yes, hello. | 你好呀 |
[14:02] | -Hello! | 你好! |
[14:04] | I know that she’s the one you look forward to spending your day with, | 我知道你更想跟她一起玩 |
[14:07] | but Howie insists that I be here, being her mama and an RN and all. | 但豪伊却坚持让我也来 毕竟我是妈妈 还是注册护士 |
[14:11] | No, no. You are both rays of sunshine. | 不 你们俩都让我心情愉悦 |
[14:14] | Rebecca and I would be honored to accompany you | 只要你想去 丽贝卡和我都愿意 |
[14:17] | to Miss Frances’s services if you’d like to go. | 陪你参加弗朗西丝小姐的追思会 |
[14:19] | Oh, thank you. No. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[14:21] | Be nigh unto impossible for me to get around. | 我这腿脚实在是不利索 |
[14:23] | I could get a wheelchair. | 我可以弄个轮椅 |
[14:25] | Again, thank you, but again, no. | 谢谢你 还是别了 |
[14:28] | The day should be about Frances, | 追思会是为了纪念弗朗西丝 |
[14:30] | not about me being such an old fool that I insist on doing a young man’s job | 而不是可怜我这糟老头子 因为逞强做年轻人的活儿 |
[14:34] | and get laid up. | 自己下不了地 |
[14:36] | No, I… I will not go and spoil that fine lady’s day | 那么好的女人 那么重要的日子 我不能喧宾夺主 |
[14:39] | by being a distraction. | 在那里添乱 |
[14:42] | I’ll mourn her in my own way. | 我会用自己的方式哀悼她 |
[14:44] | Won’t I, baby? Yes. | 是不是 宝宝?就是 |
[14:46] | -Yes, I know. | 就是 我知道 |
[15:04] | Did I get the time wrong? | 是我把时间记错了? |
[15:06] | -Where are the girls? -Oh, uh, they’re not coming. | -另外两个女孩儿呢? |
[15:09] | Oh! | -她们不来了 |
[15:11] | I thought this was a work session. I brought a whole bunch of new ideas. | 我以为这是工作会议 我准备了很多新点子 |
[15:16] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[15:20] | I don’t understand. | 我有点糊涂了 |
[15:22] | Why did you wanna see me? | 你为什么想见我? |
[15:29] | I wanna talk about prom night and how everything went wrong. | 我想聊聊舞会当晚 还有那些阴差阳错的事 |
[15:33] | -It’s okay, Kyle. -I’ve been struggling. | -没关系 凯尔 -我一直很纠结 |
[15:36] | Feeling guilty. | 觉得内疚 |
[15:38] | Feeling a whole lot of things all summer. | 整个夏天过得五味杂陈 |
[15:42] | It’s taken me time and help from Dr. Ashley | 纠结了这么久 多亏了阿什利医生帮忙 |
[15:45] | and some other people to sort everything out, | 多亏了很多其他人 我才想清楚 |
[15:48] | and I still have a ways to go, but here’s what I’m absolutely clear on. | 虽然还需要付出很多努力 但有一点我绝对肯定 |
[15:54] | I like you, and I’d like to go out with you. | 我喜欢你 我想跟你交往 |
[15:59] | Out? Like, | 交往?就是 |
[16:01] | out on a… date? | 出去…约会? |
[16:03] | Yes. A date. If you’re interested. I would never want you to feel like– | 对 约会 如果你愿意 我不想让你觉得… |
[16:07] | Yes! That would be amazing! | 愿意!那太好了! |
[16:10] | Absolutely amazing. | 真的太好了 |
[16:19] | I keep hearing Miss Frances’s voice in my head. | 我脑子里总听到弗朗西丝小姐的声音 |
[16:22] | “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul.” | “希望身插羽毛 栖息在灵魂中” |
[16:26] | “Sings a tune without the words and never stops at all.” | “唱着无字之歌 |
[16:30] | You too, huh? | 一刻也不停歇” 你也一样? |
[16:32] | Oh yeah. | 可不是么 |
[16:33] | Miss Frances never let anyone get out of Serenity High | 除非跟着她学一两首诗 否则谁也别想 |
[16:35] | without learning a poem or two. | 从宁静镇中学毕业 |
[16:37] | Yeah, she shaped a lot of souls over her years. | 是啊 这些年她塑造了不少人 |
[16:39] | -She did. -God bless her. | -就是 -上帝保佑她 |
[16:41] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[16:42] | -All right– -Afternoon, Ty. How are you doing today? | -好了… -下午好 阿泰 今天怎么样? |
[16:45] | -Fine, thanks. -What’s up, buddy? | -很好 谢谢 -咋样啊 兄弟? |
[16:47] | Uh, my mom asked me to pick the plaques up and drop them off to you guys. | 我妈让我从首饰店把牌子取上 给你们送过来 |
[16:50] | Very thoughtful of her. And you. | 难为你们二位有心 |
[16:52] | Well, we’re a step or two shy of being ready for this, | 我们还差个一两道工序才能弄好 |
[16:55] | so I’ll go to the hardware store and pick up the stain. | 我先去五金店取木材着色剂 |
[16:58] | -Nice to see you, Ty. -You too. | -很高兴见到你 阿泰 -我也是 |
[17:00] | -Back in a bit, Ronnie. -Thanks, Skeeter. | -我去去就回 -谢了 史基特 |
[17:03] | I knew you worked with Skeeter on houses and stuff, | 以前只知道你跟着史基特装房子 |
[17:05] | but I never knew you did this kinda work. | 没想到还做这种活儿 |
[17:07] | Really? You don’t remember my workshop in the back of the house? | 是吗? 你不记得 我家房子后面那个作坊? |
[17:11] | The one I used to shoo y’all out of when you were little | 那时你们还小 我经常把你们轰跑 |
[17:14] | so you didn’t pull power tools down on your head. | 生怕电动工具砸着你们 |
[17:17] | Oh, yeah. | 对哈 |
[17:18] | You… you made those wooden trucks for me and Kyle one Christmas. | 有年圣诞节 你还给凯尔和我 做了好几辆木头卡车 |
[17:21] | -I still think I have one on my bookshelf. -Wow, I’m honored. | -我书架上应该还有一个呢 -那我太荣幸了 |
[17:25] | Yeah, I guess I sort of lost track. | 是啊 |
[17:28] | Yeah. Because I sort of stopped? | 可能我已经忘了 因为我不做了吗? |
[17:33] | There was a time when I thought custom woodwork was my zone, you know? | 曾几何时 我还以为 定制木工就是我的专长 |
[17:37] | But you get swept up in someone else’s passion | 然而却被他人的喜好所左右 |
[17:41] | and forget it’s not yours. | 以至于忘记那本不属于自己 |
[17:45] | I’ve been thinking a lot lately about | 最近我时常想到 |
[17:48] | the shelf life of a dream | 被搁置的梦想 |
[17:50] | and wondering if it’s ever too late to change course. | 琢磨着现在改变方向是否为时已晚 |
[17:54] | A dream deferred. | 延迟的梦 |
[17:56] | Good. I see someone at Serenity High’s still teaching poetry. | 看来宁静镇中学还有人教诗歌 |
[18:00] | What do you think? | 那你怎么想? |
[18:03] | -Is it ever too late? -I hope not. | -真的为时已晚吗? -但愿不是 |
[18:05] | Which is why I asked Skeeter if I could use his workshop | 所以我才问史基特能不能借他的作坊 |
[18:08] | and… get back into the kinda work I always wanted to do. | 来…做回自己一直想做的事 |
[18:12] | I mean, it’s not gonna support me. | 虽然指不上拿它谋生 |
[18:14] | Well, not yet anyway. | 至少现在还不行 |
[18:15] | But it could. | 但也有可能 |
[18:17] | Yeah. Even if it doesn’t, it… | 即便不行… |
[18:21] | it feels good to get back at it. | 重拾爱好的感觉也很痛快 |
[18:23] | To remember that just because you’ve traveled a distance | 它可以提醒你 尽管已经走了很远 |
[18:26] | doesn’t mean you can’t turn or… turn around. | 但并不意味着不能转弯…或者回头 |
[18:30] | Is it weird that | 拥有选择 |
[18:33] | having choices is kind of a new concept for me? | 对我来说还是个新鲜事 你说怪不怪? |
[18:35] | No, because you don’t have many at 17. | 不奇怪 你才17岁 |
[18:39] | I have some. | 选择并不多 但也有一些 |
[18:40] | Of course. Hey. If you got time to talk, I got time to listen. | 当然了 如果你有空聊 我愿意听 |
[18:45] | I… I appreciate that, but I actually gotta go. | 谢了 不过我该走了 |
[18:50] | All right. Well, you know where to find me. | 好吧 需要的话 你知道上哪儿找我 |
[18:53] | Yeah. Yeah, I do now. | 嗯 现在知道了 |
[18:57] | -Thanks. -Talk soon, bud. | -谢谢 -回头再聊 伙计 |
[18:59] | Yeah. | 好嘞 |
[19:07] | Hey, Nell. | 嘿 内尔 |
[19:08] | Sorry to be late, Mama. | 抱歉来晚了 妈妈 |
[19:10] | Need I remind you that tomorrow at all of the various and sundry events | 明天纪念弗朗西丝小姐 各种活动一大堆 |
[19:14] | honoring Miss Frances, | 你们俩必须规规矩矩 |
[19:15] | you two are to be on your very best behavior? | 这不用我提醒吧? |
[19:18] | -Remember whose children you are. -God’s. | -别忘了你们是谁家的孩子 -上帝家的 |
[19:21] | Jackson. | 杰克森 |
[19:22] | The mayor’s children. Yes, ma’am. | 镇长家的孩子 记得 女士 |
[19:24] | Stand up straight, smile, be polite, look people in the eye. | 站直 微笑 讲礼貌 直视对方讲话 |
[19:28] | Don’t engage in negative conversation. | 不要参与消极对话 |
[19:30] | In particular, I want you to give the Townsend children | 尤其是对汤森家和沙利文家的孩子 |
[19:34] | and the Sullivan child a wide berth. | 离他们远远的 |
[19:36] | Tomorrow and forever. | 明天别理 永远别理 |
[19:39] | -Yes, ma’am. -No, ma’am. | -好的 女士 -不好 女士 |
[19:42] | Jackson Butler Lewis, | 杰克森·巴特勒·路易斯 |
[19:45] | you may think you are being funny, | 别以为你很搞笑 |
[19:46] | but you are being disrespectful, and I raised you better than that. | 你这叫没大没小 我可没这么教你 |
[19:50] | Do I make myself clear? | 你听懂了没? |
[19:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:08] | Okay, babe. | 好吧 亲爱的 |
[20:10] | Where do you wanna start? | 你想从哪里说起? |
[20:22] | Uh, no, no, no. No. Hey, hey, look. Look. | 别 听我说 |
[20:26] | I know that there is work to be done, okay? But– | 我知道做得还不够好 行吗?可是… |
[20:30] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[20:32] | Please. | 来吧 |
[20:44] | Wait, is that… | 等等 那不是… |
[20:47] | Classic Sierra Grande. | 经典款谢拉格兰德 |
[20:51] | The one I was restoring when… | 就是我那会儿正修着 然后… |
[20:53] | When I kicked you out. The same. | 我就把你赶走了 就是它 |
[20:59] | I was so sure you sold it before I crossed the county line. | 我还以为没等我出了州界 车子肯定就被你卖掉了 |
[21:03] | I thought about it more than once, | 我琢磨过不止一两回 |
[21:06] | but then I put it in storage. | 可还是留下了 |
[21:11] | Yesterday I took it out and had Alex over at the service station clean it up. | 昨天把它弄出来 让亚历克斯在加油站清洗了一番 |
[21:16] | It still needs work. | 可能还需要修修 |
[21:18] | You can pick up where you left off. | 你可以接茬儿弄 |
[21:24] | -Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[21:26] | And, yes, I… I know… I know that we… | 没错 我知道咱们俩… |
[21:29] | we still need work, | 还需要努力 |
[21:31] | but your truck, | 但你的卡车 |
[21:34] | workshop… | 作坊… |
[21:37] | and your place in my bed | 还有你在我床上的位置 |
[21:39] | are still here. | 都还留着 |
[21:42] | Just waiting to welcome you back. | 等着欢迎你回来 |
[21:47] | Come home, Ronnie. | 回家来吧 朗尼 |
[21:57] | Ronnie. | 朗尼 |
[21:58] | It’s just | 只是 |
[22:00] | I’ve been pushing so hard for a yes | 我一直努力 想让你说“愿意” |
[22:02] | because I didn’t wanna give you a chance to say no. | 因为我不想给你机会拒绝我 |
[22:10] | Yes. | 我愿意 |
[22:20] | Yes. | 我愿意 |
[22:22] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[22:31] | Thank you for making the time. I know your days are full, | 谢谢你抽出时间 我知道你每天安排都很满 |
[22:35] | but we need to have a private, uninterrupted conversation, | 但你我需要私下聊聊 不受人打扰 |
[22:38] | and, well, I thought this was the best option. | 我想这样最好 |
[22:40] | Please. | 请坐 |
[22:47] | What’s going on, Bill? | 比尔 怎么了? |
[22:49] | I just got some news. | 我刚刚得知了 |
[22:52] | Some shocking news. | 一个震惊的消息 |
[22:55] | I am willing to carry this burden alone, | 我愿意独自承担这个重担 |
[22:58] | but you still should know, | 但还是应该让你知道 |
[23:02] | and when you think the time is right, | 等你觉得时机成熟时 |
[23:06] | the kids should know too. | 也应该告诉孩子们 |
[23:08] | Bill? | 比尔? |
[23:10] | Are you sick? | 莫非你生病了? |
[23:11] | No. Maddie, no. Listen. | 没有 麦迪 听我说 |
[23:14] | In high school, | 上高中的时候 |
[23:17] | before you and I got serious, | 在你和我认真交往之前 |
[23:23] | Peggy Martin and I– | 佩吉·马丁和我… |
[23:30] | You’re Isaac’s father. | 你是艾萨克的父亲 |
[23:33] | I would have spared you | 麦迪 但有一线可能 |
[23:35] | if I could, Maddie, but he’s here in Serenity. | 我绝不想给你增添烦恼 但他就在宁静镇 |
[23:38] | Yes! | 没错! |
[23:40] | He is. | 他在 |
[23:42] | Alongside all your other children. | 和你其他的孩子们一样 |
[23:46] | Sweet weeping Jesus, Bill. | 你可真要命 比尔 |
[23:49] | Well, now, listen. I only found out myself. | 听我说 |
[23:52] | I just talked to him myself. | 我也是刚刚知道 跟他也是不久前才说过话 |
[23:53] | Oh, poor Bill! | 哎呀 把你可怜的! |
[23:55] | God, I thought I was done being furious! | 老天爷 我还以为再也没气可生 |
[23:58] | Being wounded. But guess what? | 没伤可受了!可结果怎样? |
[24:01] | I’ve messed up so many times, and I’ve hurt you every single one, | 我搞砸了太多次 每回都害你受伤 |
[24:07] | but I am sincerely sorry, Maddie. | 但我真的很抱歉 麦迪 |
[24:09] | When are you gonna stop demanding to be forgiven? | 你什么时候才能停止要求原谅? |
[24:15] | I know that we all sin, | 我知道 |
[24:17] | and we all fall short of the glory of God sometimes, | 是人都有罪过 谁都有愧对上帝荣光之时 |
[24:19] | but you… you, Bill Townsend, you’ve made it an Olympic sport. | 但你…比尔·汤森 你却拿亏心事当家常便饭 |
[24:23] | -You have every right to be angry. -Yes! I do! | -你完全有理由生气 -没错!我有! |
[24:27] | And so does Ty, Kyle, Katie! | 还有阿泰、凯尔、凯蒂! |
[24:31] | And Isaac, Rebecca, Peggy, Noreen! | 还有艾萨克、丽贝卡、佩吉和诺琳! |
[24:37] | True repentance means you try your utmost not to repeat the same mistake. | 真心悔改是竭尽全力不重蹈覆辙 |
[24:43] | When are you gonna start taking responsibility for the havoc | 你什么时候才会有点担当 |
[24:46] | that you wreak in people’s lives? | 别再毁掉别人的生活? |
[24:48] | You do not get to burn down the house, Bill, | 把人家房子点了 |
[24:50] | and just apologize for lighting the match! | 就光为划根火柴道歉 你想得美! |
[24:57] | I understand if you aren’t able to forgive me– | 如果你无法原谅我 我能理解… |
[25:00] | No! | 不! |
[25:02] | No, Bill! No! | 不 比尔!没门儿! |
[25:04] | Listen to yourself. | 你自己听听 |
[25:06] | You do not get to weasel out of this by making this some failing on my part. | 你别想着把失败归结到我身上 指望以此脱身 |
[25:09] | No, Maddie. I failed you. | 不 麦迪 是我让你失望了 |
[25:12] | -Yes! -I failed all of you. | -没错! -我让你们所有人失望了 |
[25:14] | Yes, you did! | 算你说对了! |
[25:17] | I do regret. | 我真的很后悔 |
[25:23] | I do repent. | 我真的愿意悔过 |
[25:48] | And I do forgive. | 我也确实能原谅 |
[25:51] | So I am letting you go. | 所以我现在放手 |
[25:57] | And I release you… | 我放你走 |
[26:00] | into the hands of God. | 把你交给上帝 |
[26:02] | And may he bless you on your way forward, | 愿他在前路上保佑你 |
[26:04] | but that walk is yours alone. | 但那条路你得自己走 |
[26:09] | Please leave. | 请你走吧 |
[26:11] | Just… I gotta lock up. | 就…我要锁门了 (宁静镇社区学校) |
[26:43] | You deny any of this? | 你否认任何一项吗? |
[26:45] | Listen, the facts | 听我说 事实是没错 |
[26:47] | are true, but a lot’s happened since then. I’m a completely different person. | 但在那之后发生了很多事 我现在已经彻底改变了 |
[26:51] | It was assault and battery. | 那可是袭击和殴打罪 |
[26:54] | Yeah… yeah, but how– | 的确 但怎么… |
[26:55] | I think we’ve heard everything we need to hear, Sherman. | 校监 我想该知道的 我们都已经知道了 |
[26:57] | Besides, none of us wants to be late for Miss Frances’s funeral. | 再说了 还有弗朗西丝小姐的葬礼 大家谁也不想迟到 |
[27:01] | Let’s put it to a vote. | 我们来投票吧 |
[27:03] | All in favor of terminating Cal Maddox’s contract | 因其违背道德 赞成终止卡尔·马多克斯 |
[27:05] | with Serenity High School on grounds of moral turpitude. | 与宁静镇中学合约的请举手 |
[27:20] | – Let me check on Annie. -Ah-ah-ah. | 我去看看安妮 |
[27:23] | Get back here. | 先过来 |
[27:26] | Oh dear. | 老天 |
[27:39] | I’m sorry. I couldn’t decide what to wear. We can go. | 抱歉 我实在决定不了穿什么 我们走吧 |
[27:41] | No, no, no. Wait. Hold on a sec. | 不 先等会儿 |
[27:44] | Uh, we have something to tell you before we go to the funeral. | 参加葬礼之前 我们有话跟你说 |
[27:49] | Is everything okay? | 没什么事吧? |
[27:51] | Oh, everything’s… …terrific, baby girl. | 都好着呢 乖女儿 |
[27:56] | I’m moving back in. | 我搬回来住了 |
[28:01] | Wow. That’s amazing. | 哇 那太棒了 |
[28:04] | Back home with my best girls. | 回家跟我最亲爱的姑娘们团聚了 |
[28:07] | -I’m the happiest man on the planet. | 我是这世上最幸福的人 |
[28:10] | Annie? | 安妮? |
[28:12] | I’m sorry, I just, um… | 对不起 |
[28:14] | I don’t know. | 我只是… 我也不知道 |
[28:16] | It’s… it’s great. | 这是好消息 |
[28:19] | It’s just a lot. I don’t… | 但有点难以承受 我不… |
[28:24] | Yeah. I know it is. Come here. | 我知道 到这儿来 |
[28:28] | It’s okay, sweetheart. | 没事 亲爱的 |
[28:30] | It’s okay. | 没事的 (深切怀念弗朗西丝·温格特) (辞世荣归) |
[29:04] | How was the funeral? | 葬礼怎么样? |
[29:06] | It was beautiful. And the interment too. | 很美 入土仪式也是 |
[29:09] | Chef’s inside. Everything should be ready for guests. | 主厨在屋里 应该已经准备好迎客了 |
[29:13] | Isaac… | 艾萨克… |
[29:16] | I spoke with Bill last night. | 昨晚我跟比尔谈过了 |
[29:18] | Ah… | |
[29:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:25] | -I don’t know what to say. -Me neither. | -我不知道该说什么 -我也是 |
[29:40] | We’ll talk later. | 我们晚点再聊 |
[29:41] | -That’d be great. -Okay. | -那太好了 -好的 |
[29:53] | I went back to get some programs for the folks who couldn’t come, | 我回去取了些葬礼流程单 发给那些不能到场的亲友 |
[29:56] | but there weren’t very many left. | 结果没剩几张了 |
[29:58] | -Oh. June might have extras. -What’s going on with Isaac? | -哦 茱恩那儿可能有富余的 -艾萨克怎么了? |
[30:03] | He’s such a sweet young boy, but there’s a… a sadness to him | 这么好的孩子 脸上却总有种 |
[30:06] | I can’t quite define. | 莫名的悲伤 |
[30:09] | Is he all right? | 他没事吧? |
[30:13] | Yes. | 没事 |
[30:18] | Well, | 反正 |
[30:20] | whatever it is, I’m here for you. | 不管怎样 |
[30:24] | Aw. | 都有我支持你 |
[30:32] | -Good afternoon, Mr. Daniels. -Good afternoon. | -下午好 丹尼尔斯先生 -下午好 |
[30:34] | This is from our book club at the synagogue. | 这是我们犹太会堂的读书俱乐部送的 |
[30:37] | I always called Frances for recommendations. | 我总是找弗朗西丝推荐书目 |
[30:39] | Well, much appreciated, sir. | 非常感谢 先生 |
[30:40] | My pleasure. | 不客气 |
[30:42] | I doubt there’s a florist between here and the Georgia line with any stock left. | 从这里到南卡与佐治亚州界 中间的花店怕是全被买空了 |
[30:47] | Well, Miss Frances asked if people donate to the library, | 弗朗西丝小姐希望大家向图书馆捐献 |
[30:50] | but some folks don’t think they’ve mourned until they send flowers. | 但有些人还是觉得只有送了花 才算表达哀思 |
[30:54] | Hmm. I wish I had a chance to spend more time with Miss Frances. | 要是我有机会能跟弗朗西丝小姐 多相处一点该多好 |
[30:58] | -She struck me as an exceptional woman. -Oh, she– | 她似乎是一位女中豪杰 |
[31:00] | She was. | 的确 |
[31:02] | In every way. | 各方面都是 |
[31:05] | Serenity has an overabundance of exceptional women. | 宁静镇向来不缺女中豪杰 |
[31:10] | We are blessed. | 我们很幸运 |
[31:14] | Shall we bump the schedule 20 minutes, since church and graveside both ran long? | 要不要把日程安排提前20分钟? 毕竟教堂和墓边的仪式都耗时 |
[31:17] | Since people are still strolling over, why don’t we make it 30? | 既然大家都还蹓蹓跶跶 索性提前30分钟如何? |
[31:19] | We’ll talk afterwards. | 你我过后再聊 |
[31:29] | You know, I think these would be perfect on the porch. | 我觉得这些花摆在门廊正合适 |
[31:32] | Why don’t we take them out there? | 我们何不把它们拿出去? |
[31:44] | Careful, Isaac. She will charm the socks off ya. | 小心 艾萨克 她会把你萌得神魂颠倒的 |
[31:47] | Already has, sir. | 我已经中招了 先生 |
[31:50] | -Thanks for inviting me for lunch. -Thank you for bringing lunch. | -谢谢邀我一起吃午餐 -谢谢你带午餐过来 |
[31:54] | Oh, Chef did say to tell you that it was packed with best wishes. | 主厨的确让我转答 |
[31:57] | Hmm. | 随午餐送来的问候 |
[31:58] | -Hope there’s a good turnout. -We sure cooked for a crowd. | -希望有不少人去 -我们准备了很多人的餐食 |
[32:02] | I just… I felt odd about staying ’cause I didn’t know Miss Frances. | 我只是…觉得自己待在那里很奇怪 毕竟我不认识弗朗西丝小姐 |
[32:05] | Did you? | 你呢? |
[32:06] | Oh. I knew her. | 我认识她 |
[32:10] | -And I loved her. My whole life. -You didn’t tell me that. | -并且一生都爱着她 -都没听你说过 |
[32:15] | Well, wouldn’t wanna spill all my secrets at once. | 我不想一次把秘密抖光 |
[32:18] | Well, I have to say that one’s more interesting | 这可比你往威士忌里倒枫糖浆 |
[32:20] | than you putting maple syrup in your whiskey. | 有意思多了 |
[32:23] | Uh, so you and Miss Frances were a couple. | 也就是说 你和弗朗西丝小姐 曾经是一对 |
[32:26] | No. Sadly. | 可惜不是 |
[32:29] | I loved her, but she loved someone else. | 我爱她 但她爱的是别人 |
[32:32] | I kept hoping she might come to love me one day, but she never did. | 我一直希望有朝一日她能回心转意 但她并没有 |
[32:36] | Well, not in the way that I wanted anyway. | 反正不是以我希望的方式 |
[32:39] | But she was the very truest of friends, and I learned to accept that as enough. | 但她一直都是我最真诚的朋友 我也慢慢地接受 并满足于此 |
[32:45] | Life is really all about learning to balance your dreams | 人生就是学习如何平衡梦想 |
[32:50] | with your truth. | 与现实 |
[32:53] | Yes, sir, it is. | 的确 (深切怀念弗朗西丝·温格特 辞世荣归) 让我成为天使 从蒙哥马利飞来 让我成为一张老牛仔竞演的海报 (心爱的木兰) 给我一样东西 让我有所寄托 让我相信生活就是如此艰辛 (我妈在生你妈妈的气) (我想跟你说话 但在这里不行) 在我的少女岁月… (我想跟你说话 但在这里不行 迟一点找你?) 他并不十分英俊 不过是自由烂漫 但那是很久以前了 不管我如何努力… |
[33:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:00] | You know, my, uh, papa used to say, “Live your eulogy.” | 我爸以前说过:“你的悼词怎么写 你就该怎么活” |
[34:05] | Never quite… quite understood that until this morning. | 直到今早我才真正理解他的话 |
[34:09] | Miss Frances was quite a lady. | 弗朗西丝小姐可真了不起 |
[34:12] | She was always super sweet to me, in a strict sort of way. | 她总是对我很好 威严中带着慈祥 |
[34:16] | Yeah, that sounds about right. | 概括得挺准确 |
[34:20] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[34:22] | -You sure you’re okay with me coming home? -Sure. Of course. | -你确定我可以回家吗? -当然 当然了 |
[34:28] | I just don’t know what to expect. | 我只是不知该做何期待 |
[34:29] | You know, you’ve been gone a while, and things have changed. | 你离开了这么久 一切已经改变 |
[34:34] | Thanks for being honest. | 谢谢你的坦诚 |
[34:36] | I get it. | 我能理解 |
[34:37] | We’ll have to settle back in. | 我必须重新安顿下来 |
[34:41] | What if it doesn’t work? | 如果不行怎么办? |
[34:43] | Hey, you have my promise. | 我答应你 |
[34:46] | I will try my hardest every day to be sure that it does. | 我会尽全力让这个家变完整 |
[34:49] | For your mother and for you. | 为了你妈妈和你 |
[35:07] | I admire you. | 我很佩服你 |
[35:10] | You’re so strong. | 你好坚强 |
[35:14] | You too. | 你也是 |
[35:25] | This is such a wonderful gesture. | 这个做得真棒 |
[35:28] | You know, when I go, don’t let people fight too hard over my Saga comics. | 等我走的时候 千万别让他们 为我的《烽火世家》漫画抢破头 |
[35:32] | -I’ll burn them with you. -Oh. | 我烧了给你随葬 |
[35:35] | No. | 不是吧 |
[35:36] | Saga? | 《烽火世家》? |
[35:37] | Seriously? | 真的假的? |
[35:38] | How did I not know you were a comics guy, Trotter? | 特洛特 我怎么不知道 你居然还看漫画? |
[35:40] | Because I didn’t know you were! | 因为我也不知道你爱看啊! |
[35:44] | Here endeth the lesson, I suppose. | 今天算是领教了 |
[35:47] | You can’t judge a book by its cover, | 虽说不能以貌取人 |
[35:48] | but you can get a sense of someone by the books that they like. | 但从看书的喜好也能窥见一斑 |
[35:52] | When you get to college, if you meet anyone who loves Catcher in the Rye | 等你上了大学 如果遇到喜欢 《麦田里的守望者》 |
[35:55] | or The Fountainhead… | 或者《源泉》的人 |
[35:57] | …run. | -赶紧跑 -赶紧跑 |
[36:00] | Well, I… I appreciate the warning. | 好吧 多谢提醒 |
[36:02] | Do you think Miss Frances collected comics? | 你觉得弗朗西丝小姐收集漫画吗? |
[36:04] | Perhaps. | 有可能 |
[36:06] | She strikes me as a lady with a secret or two. | 我感觉她也是个有秘密的女人 |
[36:08] | And maybe there’s a first-run X-Men lurking somewhere in here. | 兴许这里还藏着初版《X战警》 |
[36:12] | -Dibs if you find it. -All right. | -谁先找到算谁的 -好吧 |
[36:15] | You’re gonna make a great dad. | 你会成为一个好爸爸的 |
[36:20] | So are you. | 你也是 |
[36:23] | -Hey, Trotter, what are you… -Hello, Ty. | -嘿 特洛特 你在… -嗨 阿泰 |
[36:27] | Lily. I didn’t realize you were here. | 莉莉 原来你也在 |
[36:31] | -Did you know Miss Frances? -Not really. | -你认识弗朗西丝小姐吗? -不太熟 |
[36:33] | My mom and dad talked to her a lot at church though, so here we are. | 我爸妈常在教会跟她聊天 所以我们就来了 |
[36:37] | Yeah. | 这样啊 |
[36:39] | -Is CeCe here? -No, I… I heard she was out of town. | -西西来了吗? -没有 我听说她出城了 |
[36:43] | It must be tough to be going through so many changes. | 经历了这么多变化 一定很辛苦 |
[36:48] | It’s a part of life, right? | 这也是人生的一部分 不是吗? |
[36:51] | Still, if you ever need someone to talk to, I’m a really good listener. | 话是没错 如果你想找人聊聊 我很擅长倾听 |
[37:05] | Assault and battery?! | 袭击和殴打罪? |
[37:07] | Okay, it was a party with a bunch of former teammates, | 当时跟几个前队友开派对 |
[37:10] | including Victoria’s other man. | 包括维多利亚别的男友 |
[37:12] | They came just to show off her engagement ring, and it got ugly. | 他们来只为炫耀她的订婚戒指 后面就撕破脸了 |
[37:15] | And I slugged him, but… but charges were never filed. | 我打了他 但最后并没有控告 |
[37:18] | And Jodie said she scrubbed every trace of it, | 乔蒂说她抹除了所有记录 |
[37:19] | so I have no idea how Mary Vaughn found out– | 也不知玛丽·沃恩是怎么知道的… |
[37:21] | Well, she found out about it before me, and that’s what hurts. | 她比我先知道 这才是伤人的地方 |
[37:24] | Look, I know. But it never occurred to me that she was referring to this. | 我知道 但我万万没想到 她会拿这个说事 |
[37:28] | You should have told me anyway, Cal. | 卡尔 不管怎样 你都该告诉我 |
[37:32] | -What else are you hiding? -Nothing. | -你还隐瞒了什么? -没有了 |
[37:35] | I told you about rehab, and that was the worst nightmare of my entire life. | 我给你讲了康复治疗的事 而那是我一生最大的噩梦 |
[37:38] | I am not hiding anything. | 我没有隐瞒什么 |
[37:40] | I’ve just… | 我只是… |
[37:42] | I’ve lost my ability to handle surprises. | 失去了消化意外消息的能力 |
[37:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:45] | Here’s the thing. | 问题是 |
[37:47] | You know who I am. | 你最了解我 |
[37:49] | Who I’ve worked so hard to become. | 了解那个我努力想要成为的人 |
[37:51] | That idiot that punched Drew, he’s gone. That mess that went to rehab, gone. | 我不再是那个揍了德鲁的傻瓜 那个一团糟去治疗的家伙已不复存在 |
[37:56] | And I swear on everything that is good and holy, | 我以一切美好神圣的事物名义发誓 |
[37:59] | I have changed and grown, and I have learned from my mistakes. | 我改变了 成熟了 我吸取了教训 |
[38:03] | I know, Cal. | 我知道 卡尔 |
[38:05] | I know. We’ll get through this. | 我知道 我们会挺过去的 |
[38:15] | We could talk to scouts individually. | 我们可以单独找球探聊聊 |
[38:18] | We could get you a better physical therapist. | 可以给你找个更好的理疗师 |
[38:21] | Just ’cause your coach doesn’t see any options doesn’t mean they don’t exist. | 你的教练没有更好的选择 并不代表这些选择不存在 |
[38:25] | Here’s the thing, Dad. | 爸爸 关键在于 |
[38:30] | I’m not sure I wanna play baseball anymore. | 我也不确定以后还想不想打棒球 |
[38:32] | Well, that’s nonsense. | 净胡说 |
[38:35] | I’ve had a lot of time to think this summer. | 今年夏天 我有很多时间思考 |
[38:37] | More time than I’ve had in a long while, | 已经很久没这种闲暇了 |
[38:40] | and I figured out that | 而我发现 |
[38:44] | I liked baseball because it came easy and because you liked it. | 我喜欢棒球 因为手到擒来 也因为你喜欢它 |
[38:50] | But I… I want something more. | 但我还渴望更多 |
[38:52] | Well, it was never my intention to force you onto a path, Tyler. | 泰勒 我从未想逼你选择任何道路 |
[38:58] | You have talent. | 你很有才华 |
[39:00] | And I thought you had joy. | 我还以为你打球很开心 |
[39:02] | I’m sorry if you didn’t. | 若非如此 我很抱歉 |
[39:03] | No, Dad, | 不 爸爸 |
[39:04] | I wouldn’t trade those games that I played | 那些参赛经历 |
[39:07] | and the games that we went to for anything. | 还有跟你一起看比赛的回忆 都千金难换 |
[39:10] | And I’m not saying that baseball is out of my life. | 我并不是说以后要放弃棒球 |
[39:13] | I just don’t want it | 只是我不想让它 |
[39:15] | to be the only thing in my life. | 成为生命中的唯一 |
[39:21] | How did this happen? | 怎么会这样? |
[39:24] | Your first T-ball game was about a week ago. | 感觉就像几天前 你才第一次玩“乐乐棒球” |
[39:27] | Could barely keep your hat on and your pants up, | 帽子晃晃悠悠 裤子也老是掉 |
[39:30] | -and now here you are… | 再看如今 |
[39:32] | …a young man. | 都成大小伙子了 |
[39:35] | With a great future. | 眼前一片大好前程 |
[39:43] | You’re gonna have to give me some time to wrestle with this, son. It’s… | 儿子 你得给我一点时间 消化一下这件事… |
[39:47] | it’s tough for a parent to recognize the moment | 知道是时候开始放手了 |
[39:51] | that’s the beginning of letting go. | 父母心里总不是滋味 |
[39:54] | We’ll always be connected, Dad. | 爸爸 我们会一直心意相通 |
[40:10] | What the heck just happened? | 刚才怎么了? |
[40:14] | I just told Dad | 我告诉老爸 |
[40:15] | that I don’t wanna play baseball in college anymore. | 上大学我不想继续打棒球了 |
[40:20] | Oh, hey, hey. | 干嘛呀 |
[40:22] | -Seriously, are you okay? -What does this mean? | -你没事吧? -这意味着什么? |
[40:24] | I have absolutely no idea, and it feels | 我完全不知道 而且感觉 |
[40:29] | great! | 超棒! |
[40:31] | Come here, man. | 过来 伙计 |
[40:36] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[40:38] | You two are the best. | 你们两个最棒了 |
[40:39] | Seriously. Now. Then. Always. | 真的 现在、以前、永远都是 |
[40:43] | Yeah, you’re not so bad yourself. | 嗯 你自己也不赖 |
[40:45] | You two are the brothers I never wanted. | 你们俩就是我不稀罕的兄弟 |
[40:55] | Hey. Hey, come here. | 过来一下 |
[40:58] | Did you get fired? | 你被解雇了? |
[41:00] | I knew I should’ve started a betting pool | 我就知道该开个赌局 |
[41:02] | on how fast word would get out, but gambling violates my contract too. | 这消息传得也太快了 但赌博也违反合同 |
[41:05] | Oh merciful heavens! Cal! | 真是的!卡尔! |
[41:06] | I just told Maddie. Please yell at me later. | 我才刚刚告诉麦迪 拜托你先别开骂 |
[41:09] | I don’t wanna yell at you. I wanna help. | 我不想骂你 我想帮忙 |
[41:11] | Yes. Please, I don’t… | 太好了 拜托 我… |
[41:16] | I don’t wanna lose everything. | 我不想失去一切 |
[41:19] | Cal. | 卡尔 (莎士比亚文集) |
[41:24] | Nellie, don’t be pretentious. | 内莉 别装腔作势 |
[41:45] | So, Jimmy Cleveland, | 吉米·克利夫兰 |
[41:47] | he, uh, walks over to the edge of the stage to clear his spit valve. | 走到舞台边 清理他的通气音栓 |
[41:51] | -And Frances, she picks up her drink. -An old-fashioned. | -弗朗西丝端了她的酒 -“古典鸡尾酒” |
[41:54] | Oh, no, no. She’s drinking a sloe gin fizz ’cause she was underage. | 不 她喝的是“黑刺李金菲士” 因为还未成年 |
[41:57] | -What?! | 什么?! |
[41:58] | But she holds out her glass to catch what is coming out of that valve. | 但她举起杯子 |
[42:02] | Ew. | 接住了音栓里的东西 |
[42:03] | And I asked her, I said, “Have you lost your ever-loving mind?” | 我就问她: “你疯了吗?” |
[42:07] | She says, | 她说: |
[42:09] | “The man is a treasure.” | “他那么有才华” |
[42:12] | “It seemed the proper response.” | “感觉这么做挺合适的” |
[42:18] | I… I wonder, would you do me the favor to get that book for me, Noreen? | 诺琳 |
[42:23] | Mm-hmm. | 麻烦你帮我 把那本书拿过来好吗? |
[42:24] | Frances gave it to me. | 是弗朗西丝给我的 |
[42:26] | It’s got her favorite poem in it. | 里面有她最喜欢的诗 |
[42:28] | It just somehow seems fitting to share it with the two of you today. | 感觉今天可以拿来跟你们两个分享 (致最亲爱的科林斯 |
[42:33] | Hmm. | 你永远的朋友 弗朗西丝) |
[42:42] | “When I am dead, my dearest, | “当我死去之时,亲爱的 |
[42:44] | sing no sad songs for me.” | 莫以哀歌诉泣” |
[42:48] | “Plant thou no roses at my head, | “别在我坟前安插蔷薇 |
[42:51] | nor shady cypress tree.” | 也不要柏树荫蔽” |
[42:55] | “Be the green grass above me, | “请做我头上的青草 |
[42:58] | with showers and dewdrops wet.” | 润雨沾露” |
[43:02] | “And if thou wilt, | “愿君 |
[43:05] | remember, | 铭记 |
[43:09] | and if thou wilt, | 愿君 |
[43:11] | forget.” | 莫忘” |
[43:15] | “I shall not see the shadows, | “我将见不到青荫 |
[43:20] | I shall not feel the rain.” | 我将感受不到雨露” |
[43:25] | “I shall not hear the nightingale | “我将听不到夜莺 |
[43:29] | sing on, as if in pain.” | 如泣如诉” |
[43:34] | “And dreaming through the twilight | “久梦于昏暮中 |
[43:38] | that doth not rise | 阳光不再升起 |
[43:42] | nor set, | 亦不再隐翳 |
[43:44] | haply I may remember, | 也许我会记得 |
[43:49] | and haply | 也许 |
[43:51] | may forget.” | 我会忘记” |
[44:10] | Oh! Excuse me! | 不好意思! |
[44:11] | Uh, are you Dana Sue’s daughter? | 请问你是达娜·苏的女儿吗? |
[44:14] | Yes, ma’am. I am. | 是的 女士 |
[44:15] | Oh. Yeah, you look like something she’d spit out. | 是啊 瞅着就像她的种 |
[44:20] | She still busy wrecking people’s lives? | 她成天还在毁人不倦吗? |
[44:34] | What a day. | 多么不寻常的一天 |
[44:37] | Who’d have thought that when we presented this bench to Miss Frances, | 谁会想到 等我们把长椅 送给弗朗西丝女士后 |
[44:41] | she’d be gone so soon? | 她这么快就走了? |
[44:44] | -The people we love are never gone. -Amen. | -所爱之人永远不会离开 -阿门 |
[44:47] | I can take all the guardian angels I can get. | 守护天使从来不嫌多 |
[44:49] | Listen. Just so you know, | 我顺便说一句 |
[44:52] | when it’s my time to go, | 等我走的时候 |
[44:53] | I want you three to throw the party. All right? | 我要你们三个帮我操办派对 好吗? |
[44:56] | You girls outdid yourselves, as Frances knew you would. | 正如弗朗西丝所坚信 你们几个姑娘总是超越预期 |
[45:00] | Aw. It was a community outpouring. | 这是大家的功劳 |
[45:02] | Oh, speaking of which, is Sullivan’s open? | 说到这个 沙利文餐厅今天还开吗? |
[45:05] | Because we thought the three of us would like to go down | 我们三个还想着过去 |
[45:07] | and pour one out in Frances’s honor. | 一起喝一杯 致敬弗朗西丝 |
[45:09] | Yeah, Erik’s running things, and I’ll be over shortly. | 开着 有埃里克盯着呢 我一会儿就回去 |
[45:12] | Perfect. And I’ll be buying. | 太好了 |
[45:13] | -Oh! -Oh wow. | 我请客 哎哟 |
[45:18] | -Candice. -Helen. Sorry to interrupt. | -坎蒂丝 -海伦 |
[45:20] | I’m here on instructions from Miss Frances. | 抱歉打扰 我是遵循 弗朗西丝小姐的指示来的 |
[45:22] | -So are we all, darling. | 大家都一样 亲爱的 |
[45:24] | Neville, Miss Paula, Miss Grace, this is Candice Benjamin, | 纳威、宝拉小姐、格蕾丝小姐 这位是坎蒂丝·本杰明 |
[45:27] | the lawyer who helped with the sale of the spa for Miss Frances. | 帮助弗朗西丝小姐 处理水疗所出售事宜的律师 |
[45:30] | -Nice to meet you, -Did we forget something today? | -幸会 -我们忘记什么手续了吗? |
[45:32] | Oh, not at all. | 没有 |
[45:33] | Miss Frances drew up her will with a lawyer in Charleston, | 弗朗西丝小姐在查尔斯顿 找律师草拟了遗嘱 |
[45:36] | but I’m executor. | 但我是遗嘱执行人 |
[45:37] | I have precise instructions on the delivery of a particular item. | 我接到具体的指示 来转交一样东西 |
[45:41] | Dana Sue, can I speak with you a moment? Privately? | 达娜·苏 |
[45:47] | Uh, yeah. | 能借一步说句话吗? 好啊 |
[45:50] | See you later. | 回头见 |
[45:52] | Uh, Miss Frances left me somethin’? | 弗朗西丝小姐给我留了东西? |
[45:54] | Mm-hmm. | |
[45:55] | Me? | 我吗? |
[45:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[46:02] | Uh… | |
[46:06] | Uh, this… | 这… |
[46:07] | this… this is a mistake. | 一定是搞错了 |
[46:09] | There’s so many zeros. I… | 这么多零 我… |
[46:12] | The correct number of zeros. | 数目没错 |
[46:14] | Okay, I… I don’t understand. Why me? | 好吧 我有点糊涂 为什么给我? |
[46:16] | My instructions were to give you the check and convey Miss Frances’s best wishes. | 给我的指示是把支票交给你 |
[46:20] | Nothing more. | 并送上弗朗西丝小姐的祝福 再无其他 |
[46:22] | -Thank you. -Yeah. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[46:32] | -You found it. -Kissing tree’s pretty much a landmark. | 你找到了 -亲吻树也算个地标 |
[46:35] | -I know, but I’ve never– -Neither have I. | -我知道 只是从来… 我也是 |
[46:40] | I’m a little confused. Your text, it was– | 我有点糊涂了 你的短信说… |
[46:43] | I was typing really fast. | 我打字打得太快了 |
[46:45] | But I had to sneak out and meet you. | 但必须偷溜出来见你 |
[46:48] | One last time. | 最后一次 |
[46:51] | One last… | 最后… |
[46:54] | Wh… what’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[46:56] | My mother forbids me to see you | 因为罢免的事情 |
[46:59] | ’cause of the recall, | 我妈妈不许我跟你见面 |
[47:01] | but I couldn’t disappear without explaining, | 但我不能一声不响就消失 |
[47:05] | and… | 还有… |
[47:08] | and giving you this. | 把这个给你 |
[47:17] | -I wonder how she had that kind of money. -Why would she leave me so much? | -也不知道她哪来那么多钱 -为什么给我留这么多? |
[47:21] | Hmm, Miss Frances never did anything without a reason, | 弗朗西丝小姐做事向来有原因 |
[47:23] | so we’ll figure it out once the shock wears off. | 等沉淀下来了再琢磨不迟 |
[47:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[47:27] | -Mom? -Yeah, honey? | -妈妈? -怎么了 亲爱的? |
[47:29] | Y’all are gonna wanna see this. | 你得看看这个 |
[47:33] | That’s that account that posted that picture of me and Jeremy. | 这就是爆出杰里米跟我 那张照片的账号 |
[47:36] | Why would I give those troublemakers two seconds of my time? | 我干嘛要在这帮兴风作浪的 家伙身上浪费时间? |
[47:39] | I dunno who runs the account, but you really need to watch it. | 账号是谁在用不知道 但你得看看 |
[47:41] | Just click on the first post. | 点第一个帖子就对了 |
[47:46] | -Hey! What are you doing?! | 喂!你在做什么? |
[47:48] | Come here. Gimme that. | 过来 把它给我 |
[47:50] | Come here! Gimme that phone. | 过来!把手机给我 |
[47:52] | It’s weird, right? | 很奇怪吧?我估计你想知道 |
[47:53] | I figured you’d wanna know who messed with the van. | 是谁弄坏了车子 |
[47:56] | Dear Lord. She’s back! | 老天爷 这女的回来了! |
[48:00] | What should we do? | 我们怎么办? |
[48:02] | We can report the vandalism, but beyond that, I… I don’t know. | 我们可以举报她搞破坏 但除此之外 我还没想到 |
[48:06] | I don’t know. | 没想好 |
[48:11] | I’m nervous they’ll start fighting again. | 我怕他们又要吵架 |
[48:14] | Or worse, gang up on me. | 或者更糟 合起伙对付我 |
[48:20] | It’s crazy how parents can get so caught up in their own stuff | 有时想来挺疯狂 父母一心纠结自己的事 |
[48:24] | and not think about us. | 完全不顾及我们 |
[48:26] | Like my mom declaring I can’t be with you because she’s mad at your mom? | 就比如我妈说我不能跟你在一起 因为她不爽你妈妈? |
[48:31] | -It’s so stupid. -What are we going to do? | -太愚蠢了 -我们该怎么办? |
[48:33] | Well, | 这个嘛 |
[48:35] | I don’t know about you, | 你怎么办我不知道 |
[48:37] | but I’m going to defy my mother, my father, | 反正我不会听我爸妈的 |
[48:40] | and anybody else who dares to give their unwanted opinion. | 谁在那里指手画脚 我都不会理会 |
[48:46] | I have to be with you. | 我必须跟你在一起 |
[48:50] | Wow. | 哇 |
[48:52] | Jackson, that was, um, | 杰克森 那可真 |
[48:54] | pretty hot. | 性感 (沙利文餐厅) |
[49:13] | I am so sorry about the school board. It sounds like nonsense to me | 校董会的事我很遗憾 我觉得丝毫没道理 |
[49:15] | and no reason at all that you should leave the restaurant. | 你根本不需要退出餐厅 |
[49:18] | The Lewises are looking for a diversion because of the recall. | 路易斯是想转移人们对罢免的关注 |
[49:20] | Talk to Peggy. See if you can get ahead of any bad press. | 找佩吉聊聊 别让八卦新闻抢占先机 |
[49:23] | I can’t even imagine what else Mary Vaughn might have up her sleeve. | 天知道玛丽·沃恩还憋了什么坏招 |
[49:27] | Excuse me. A guest in the dining room is demanding to see Cal. | 不好意思 餐厅里有位客人 要求见卡尔 |
[49:30] | No, Cal’s not available. | 他现在没空 |
[49:31] | The man’s getting all worked up | 他火气大得很 |
[49:33] | ’cause other guests are saying Cal got fired from his job at the school. | 因为大伙儿说卡尔被学校炒了 |
[49:35] | Go tell the gentleman to sit down and quiet down. | 告诉那位先生冷静点 |
[49:39] | Cal, there must be an appeal process. | 卡尔 一定有申诉程序可以走 |
[49:42] | -Yeah, Helen thinks there’s options. -Where is she? | 嗯 海伦说还有办法 她在哪里? |
[49:45] | She’s locking up the spa. She’ll be here any minute. | 在水疗所收拾关门 一会儿就来 |
[49:48] | -Chef, he stormed right by me. -Cal, what’s going on, my friend? | -抱歉 主厨 他冲进来了 -卡尔 怎么了 我的朋友? |
[49:51] | -Looks like I got here just in time. -Sir, please return to your seat. | -看来我来得正是时候 -先生 请回到座位上 |
[49:54] | You don’t understand. Cal needs me, and I’ve got his back. | 你不明白 卡尔需要我支持他 |
[49:57] | Cal. | 卡尔 |
[49:58] | Fathers and sons. | 聊亲子棒球那个人 |
[49:59] | Charleston. | 查尔斯顿 |
[50:00] | I’m here to support you, man. You and me, we’ll get it done. | 我是来支持你的 兄弟 你和我 能搞定一切 |
[50:03] | It’s, uh, great to see you again, | 再次见面我很高兴 |
[50:05] | but you… you really need to take a seat. | 但你最好坐下来 |
[50:07] | -No way. Who do I have to fight? -No. No one. Please, just stop. | -不行 要我跟谁打? -不跟谁打 拜托你别闹了 |
[50:12] | Or I will call the sheriff. | 不然我会叫警长 |
[50:13] | -Stu. –She remembers me. | -斯图 -她记得我 |
[50:15] | Stu, people are trying to eat. | 斯图 人们在这里吃饭呢 |
[50:17] | They need to be talking about how we get you your job back. | 他们该聊聊咱们怎么帮你 把工作要回来 |
[50:19] | -No. No, not at all. -Hey, buddy, I’m trying to help you. | -不 用不着 -我说伙计 我是想帮你 |
[50:22] | This doesn’t help, Stu. Sit down! | 这不是帮忙 斯图 赶紧坐下! |
[50:25] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛? |
[50:26] | Dana Sue Sullivan. Let the sheriff know we have a difficult guest. | 是我 达娜·苏·沙利文 告诉警长 这里有个难缠的客人 |
[50:29] | We gotta talk about this. | 这事儿咱得说道说道 |
[50:31] | -No! -Hey, hey! | |
[50:32] | Cal. Cal, wait for the sheriff, Cal! Cal, wait for the sheriff! | 卡尔!等警长来再说 卡尔! |
[50:39] | You’re way over the line. | 你太过分了 |
[50:41] | A two-minute conversation doesn’t make us friends. | 闲聊不过两分钟 你我离朋友还远着呢 |
[50:43] | -Outta here! -Wait for the sheriff! | -赶紧走! -等警长来再说! |
[50:45] | -The sheriff is on his way. -Hey, gorgeous. Tell him to listen! | -警长正赶过来 -嘿 美女 叫他听我的! |
[50:49] | Do not touch her! | 别碰她! |
[50:51] | Cal. Please. | 卡尔 拜托 |
[50:53] | -Talk to him, Red. -Stay back. Leave her alone. | -劝劝他 红头发 -退后 |
[50:57] | You and me. We can make him see. We can make him see! | 别惹她 你和我 我们可以证明! |
[51:00] | -Stop! -I’m trying to help! | -住手! |
[51:01] | -No! | -不! |
[51:12] | Someone call Helen. | 赶紧给海伦打电话 |
[51:29] | Ryan. | 莱恩 |
[51:32] | Um… | (埃里克) |
[51:34] | Can we talk tomorrow? | 我们明天再谈好吗? |
[51:36] | I only need a moment. | 我不会耽误你太久 |
[51:42] | I wanted to thank you | 我想感谢你 |
[51:44] | and all the ladies for everything you did. | 还有各位女士所做的一切 |
[51:48] | I know Aunt Frances is dancing with joy in heaven tonight. | 我知道 今晚弗朗西丝姑姑 一定在天堂欢乐起舞 |
[51:51] | Well, we worked extra hard, | 大家都格外用心 |
[51:53] | knowing she’d be looking down and taking notes. | 知道她在天上看着我们 记着我们 |
[51:57] | I hope she’s looking down now because I wouldn’t want her to miss this. | 但愿她现在也在看着 我不想让她错过这一刻 |
[52:08] | Helen. | 海伦… |
[52:15] | Will you marry me? | 嫁给我好吗? |