时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:09] | Reddick/Boseman took an $800,000 bribe | 雷迪克&博斯曼从一个当事人那里 |
[01:12] | from a client. | 受贿80万 |
[01:14] | It might be in trouble. | 可能会惹上麻烦 |
[01:16] | I don’t want you to get in trouble. | 我不想让你惹祸上身 |
[01:19] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[01:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:01] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[02:03] | Colin Morrello was just in my office | 科林·莫雷洛刚在我办公室 |
[02:06] | warning me to stay away from the firm’s finances | 警告我要和律所的财务保持距离 |
[02:08] | because… we took an $800,000 bribe. | 因为… 我们收受了80万的贿赂 |
[02:16] | That’s what I told my dad. | 这是我告诉我爸的说法 |
[02:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:23] | Look, I know your first instinct would be to call him, | 我知道你第一反应是想给他打电话 |
[02:26] | but for the firm… | 但是为了律所… |
[02:27] | We need to tell the partners. | 我们得告诉所有合伙人 |
[02:31] | I’m Mike Kresteva, | 我是迈克·克里斯特瓦 |
[02:32] | head of the DOJ task force, and… | 司法部专案组的负责人 并且… |
[02:35] | I’m Spencer Zschau, Assistant United States Attorney. | 我是斯宾塞·肖 助理联邦检察官 |
[02:38] | This firm is responsible for several major crimes, | 这家律所要对几起主要犯罪事件负责 |
[02:42] | but we’re gonna start by focusing on just two of them… | 但首先我们把目光聚焦到其中两件… |
[02:44] | bribery and tax evasion. | 受贿和逃税 |
[02:47] | One of the name partners in the firm, | 这家律所其中一个冠名合伙人 |
[02:50] | Adrian Boseman, accepted an $800,000 bribe | 阿德里安·博斯曼 收受贿赂80万 |
[02:54] | to help a client evade taxes. | 帮助当事人逃税 |
[02:55] | Now, remember the burden of proof | 请记住 大陪审团承担的 |
[02:57] | on a grand jury is low. | 举证责任很轻 |
[02:59] | Your job is merely to indict, not to convict. | 你们的工作是起诉 不是定罪 |
[03:02] | So please keep in mind | 所以请牢记于心 |
[03:03] | you don’t need to believe beyond a reasonable doubt. | 你们不需要排除一切合理怀疑去相信有罪 |
[03:06] | You only need to believe | 你们只要相信 |
[03:07] | that the accused could have committed a crime. | 被告人有可能犯过罪行 |
[03:13] | Miss Tascioni, this is an order | 塔肖尼女士 这是联邦法官 |
[03:16] | from a federal magistrate compelling you | 强制要求你对我们的调查 |
[03:18] | to assist in our investigation. | 进行协助的指令 |
[03:20] | Mike. Hi. | 迈克 你好 |
[03:21] | Well, come on in. | 快进来 |
[03:24] | Oh, sorry, I don’t have enough… chairs. | 抱歉 我这儿没有足够的… 椅子 |
[03:27] | Are you here to arrest me? | 你是来逮捕我的吗 |
[03:29] | No. We’re here to confiscate that. | 不 我们要没收这个东西 |
[03:35] | Ada, erase history. Purge all files. | 艾达 消除记录 清除所有文件 |
[03:38] | Understood. Activating. | 明白 启动中 |
[03:41] | Congratulations, you just tampered with evidence. | 恭喜 你刚刚篡改了证据 |
[03:44] | The Purge is a horror/sci-fi thriller | 「人类清除计划」是发行于2013年的 |
[03:47] | premiering in 2013, | 一部恐怖科幻惊悚片 |
[03:49] | starring Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey… | 主演有伊桑·霍克和琳娜·海蒂… |
[03:53] | Ada, no! Cancel! | 艾达 不要 取消 |
[03:56] | As the independent observer, this conversation | 作为一名独立观察员 这种谈话 |
[03:59] | is determined to be “Not privileged.” | 被定性为”不受保密” |
[04:02] | You’re enjoying this. | 你在暗爽吧 |
[04:04] | No, I’m working with you. I want you to succeed. | 不 你我共事 我希望你能成功 |
[04:07] | What were you asking about Kresteva? | 你和克里斯特瓦说过什么 |
[04:10] | Okay… | 好 |
[04:11] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:12] | – Yeah. – Listen. | -好 -你听 |
[04:15] | But yes, this problem should be an easy fix. | 但是没错 这个问题容易处理 |
[04:17] | Just back-date receipts. | 倒填单据日期 |
[04:19] | The important thing is that Kresteva believes Travis exists. | 重点是让克里斯特瓦相信有特拉维斯这个人 |
[04:29] | Just tell me what this is about. | 告诉我怎么回事 |
[04:37] | Sit down. | 坐好 |
[04:39] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么 |
[04:40] | I gave you everything you needed. | 你想要的我都做了 |
[04:43] | Are you working with them? | 你在和他们合作吗 |
[04:45] | Am I working with them? Who’s them? | 我和他们合作 他们是谁 |
[04:47] | The Reddick/Boseman defense team. | 雷迪克&博斯曼辩护团 |
[04:49] | Are you helping your daughter feed us false information? | 你在帮你女儿给我们传达假消息吗 |
[04:51] | No. What are you talking about? | 没有 你在说什么 |
[04:53] | Travis Leopold. There was no bribe. | 特拉维斯·利奥波德 根本没有受贿之事 |
[04:55] | He doesn’t exist. | 根本没这个人 |
[04:56] | Ms. Tascioni admitted it on her Ada device. | 塔肖尼女士在她的艾达设备上都说了 |
[05:00] | Here are the two options. | 现在有两种可能 |
[05:01] | Either you’re working with them, | 要不是你在和他们合作 |
[05:03] | or your daughter knew you were wearing a wire | 要不就是你女儿知道你戴了窃听器 |
[05:05] | and misled you. | 从而误导你 |
[05:12] | I have to see her. | 我得见见她 |
[05:14] | No. She can see you in prison. | 不行 你们牢里见吧 |
[05:17] | We’re having your bail revoked. | 我们准备撤销你的保释 |
[05:18] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[05:20] | Let me find out what happened. | 让我搞清楚到底怎么回事 |
[05:23] | – I can’t trust you. – Please. | -我不相信你 -求你了 |
[05:26] | I just need to talk to her. | 我得和她谈谈 |
[05:34] | You’ll record it? | 你会录下谈话吗 |
[05:41] | – Do we have company? – Oh, yes. | -家里来客人了吗 -没错 |
[05:43] | Your dad’s here. | 你爸来了 |
[05:44] | He’s in the bathroom. Here. | 他在洗手间 给你 |
[05:47] | – What’s this? – Rum and coke. | -这是什么 -兰姆可乐 |
[05:50] | How long has he been here? | 他来多久了 |
[05:51] | 15 minutes. | 15分钟 |
[05:54] | What have you guys been speaking ab… | 你们都聊些什么… |
[05:56] | Shit. | 该死 |
[05:57] | What? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 有什么事 |
[06:00] | – Will you keep him occupied? – Okay. | -你能帮我拖住他吗 -好 |
[06:03] | Henry… are you sure you don’t want a drink? | 亨利… 你真的不来一杯吗 |
[06:06] | No, I don’t think it’s a good idea with my bail. | 不 我觉得这对我保释没什么好处 |
[06:09] | Maia. How are you? | 玛娅 你好吗 |
[06:11] | Dad. Good. | 爸 挺好的 |
[06:12] | Uh, will you give me a sec? | 等我一下 |
[06:17] | Your apartment looks beautiful, Amy. | 你家真漂亮 艾米 |
[06:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:21] | We may have to move in a month or two. | 我们可能过一两个月就得搬家了 |
[06:23] | Oh, why’s that? | 为什么啊 |
[06:26] | Money, Dad. | 钱的问题 爸 |
[06:30] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[06:34] | Why don’t I let you two talk. | 你们俩先聊 |
[06:37] | Good to see you, Amy. | 很高兴见到你 艾米 |
[06:38] | You, too, Henry. | 我也是 亨利 |
[06:55] | We should talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[06:57] | We did. | 我们谈过了 |
[06:59] | Yes. | 对 |
[07:01] | But once more. | 但再谈一次 |
[07:03] | Tell me when we’re being honest, Dad, | 等我们想开诚布公时告诉我一声 爸 |
[07:04] | and I’ll be sure to switch over. | 我会愿意说实话的 |
[07:08] | You didn’t trust me. | 你不相信我 |
[07:11] | You told me a lie last time. | 你上次向我说了谎 |
[07:13] | There was no bribery at your firm. | 你们公司根本没有受贿 |
[07:15] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God! | 天呐 天呐 |
[07:19] | This is a farce, Dad. | 这就是场闹剧 爸 |
[07:22] | You were wearing a wire. | 你戴了窃听器 |
[07:24] | If I told you a lie, there was a reason. | 我对你说谎是事出有因的 |
[07:28] | Talk to me like I’m your daughter, okay? | 让我们来场父女间的谈话 好吗 |
[07:31] | I am right here. | 我就在这里 |
[07:37] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[07:38] | Why isn’t it? | 怎么不是了 |
[07:59] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:02] | Here we are. | 我们开诚布公吧 |
[08:04] | I’m not doing this to save my skin. | 我这样做不是为了自保 |
[08:07] | They’re coming after you. | 他们冲着你来了 |
[08:08] | For what? | 为什么 |
[08:09] | The foundation. | 基金 |
[08:11] | Your signature on the transferred funds. | 你在转移基金的文件上签了字 |
[08:13] | They were forged. | 那是伪造的 |
[08:14] | Honey, I don’t think they’ll believe that. | 亲爱的 我觉得他们不会这样认为 |
[08:17] | You’re saying you were recording our conversations | 你是说 你录下我们的谈话 |
[08:19] | and using them against my law firm | 用它来对付我的律所 |
[08:21] | out of some clear concern for me? | 是明显在为我好吗 |
[08:25] | Yes. | 没错 |
[08:26] | The Feds are threatening to prosecute you. | 联调局威胁说要起诉你 |
[08:28] | – They’re lying. – No, they’re not. | -他们在撒谎 -他们没有 |
[08:30] | Oh, my God, then don’t fucking use me | 我的天 那就别他妈利用我 |
[08:32] | to clear your conscience, Dad. | 来消除你的愧疚感 爸爸 |
[08:34] | You want to make a deal for yourself, do it. | 你想为自己做笔交易 那就去 |
[08:37] | Don’t do it for me. | 别说是为了我 |
[08:38] | They discovered the lie on your lawyer’s recording. | 他们在你律师的录音里找到了那段谎言 |
[08:42] | They found out the bribery was made up. | 他们知道贿赂的事是杜撰的了 |
[08:46] | Why do I trust you, Dad? | 我为什么要相信你 爸爸 |
[08:48] | Because in, um, | 因为 |
[08:50] | in ten minutes, | 十分钟后 |
[08:52] | your partners will be subpoenaed. | 你的合伙人们就会收到传票 |
[08:55] | Tomorrow they’ll be dragged in front of the grand jury. | 明天他们就会被拉到大陪审团前面 |
[08:59] | Kresteva doesn’t care about a conviction. | 克里斯特瓦不在乎能否定罪 |
[09:01] | All he wants is an indictment | 他只想要一张起诉书 |
[09:04] | to destroy your firm. | 就能毁了你们律所 |
[09:09] | There are five essential French sauces. | 有五种法式酱料必不可缺 |
[09:12] | If you are to learn French cuisine, | 如果想学做法国菜 |
[09:15] | these are foundational. | 这些酱料就是基础 |
[09:17] | Now, that is a beautiful velouté, Adrian. | 这个奶酱做得很不错 阿德里安 |
[09:21] | Ah, merci. | 谢谢 |
[09:22] | Everyone, come and look at Adrian’s work here. | 大家都过来看看阿德里安的成果 |
[09:24] | This is what you want to imitate. | 你们都要向他学习 |
[09:27] | – Mr. Boseman. – Oui. | -博斯曼先生 -是我 |
[09:29] | You’ve been served. | 你被传唤了 |
[09:32] | I’m glad you called me. | 我很高兴你打给了我 |
[09:34] | I was thinking about college just yesterday. | 我昨天还在想大学时候的事 |
[09:37] | How we were gonna rule the world… | 我们要怎么征服世界 |
[09:39] | Which you basically did, didn’t you? | 你基本上已经做到了 不是吗 |
[09:46] | Are there any specials? | 有什么特色菜吗 |
[09:48] | I don’t know. I didn’t see the board. | 不知道 我没看宣传牌 |
[09:50] | I’m not your waiter. | 我不是你服务生 |
[09:52] | Barbara Kolstad, you’ve been served. | 芭芭拉·科斯达 你被传唤了 |
[10:15] | Eight partners subpoenaed, four associates. | 八位合伙人 四名律师被传唤 |
[10:17] | He’s got nothing on us. | 他没查到什么 |
[10:18] | He has no case. | 他没法立案 |
[10:20] | He doesn’t need one, Barbara. | 他不需要立案 芭芭拉 |
[10:21] | He’ll still drag us in front of the grand jury, | 他还是能把我们拖到大陪审团面前 |
[10:23] | scream “RICO.” | 大喊几声「反诈骗腐败组织集团犯罪法」 |
[10:24] | He gets his indictment no matter what. | 不管怎样他都能拿到起诉书 |
[10:26] | – I agree. – You do? | -我同意 -你同意吗 |
[10:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:30] | Grand juries always indict. | 大陪审团总会选择起诉 |
[10:32] | Unless it’s a police brutality case. | 除非是警方施暴案 |
[10:35] | And then there’s the additional problem | 除此之外还有个问题是 |
[10:36] | that Kresteva no longer believes our bribery story. | 克里斯特瓦不相信那个受贿故事了 |
[10:39] | So what do we do? | 所以我们要怎么做 |
[10:40] | Well, he doesn’t want a conviction. | 他要的不是定罪 |
[10:42] | I like those earrings. Especially the shape. | 我喜欢这耳环 尤其喜欢这形状 |
[10:46] | Thanks? | 谢谢 |
[10:47] | I wish I could wear earrings like that, | 希望我也能戴这种耳环 |
[10:48] | – but they make my face droopy. – Elsbeth. | -但会显得我无精打采 -埃尔斯贝特 |
[10:51] | Right. Sorry. You’re amazing. | 没错 抱歉 你太棒了 |
[10:53] | Um, he wants to bankrupt you. | 他想让你们破产 |
[10:55] | Right. I got a call from the Paisley Group. | 没错 我接到了佩斯里集团的电话 |
[10:58] | There was a federal agent over there yesterday | 昨天有联邦探员过去 |
[10:59] | asking questions about us. | 问了一些关于我们的问题 |
[11:01] | He’s trying to scare off our clients. | 他想吓跑我们的客户 |
[11:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:07] | – What? – No, you. What? | -怎么 -不 我说你怎么了 |
[11:09] | – You were about to say something. – No, I just… | -你本想说些什么的 -不 我只是 |
[11:12] | I’m not sure if this helps, | 我不知道这有没有用 |
[11:14] | but Kresteva’s boss, | 但克里斯特瓦的上司 |
[11:16] | the assistant attorney general, | 助理总检察长 |
[11:17] | was concerned that the investigation was seeming… | 在担心这调查显得有些 |
[11:21] | racist. | 种族歧视 |
[11:22] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[11:24] | I… I just know. | 我只是知道而已 |
[11:27] | That’s a possibility. | 这样可行 |
[11:31] | What’s a possibility? | 什么可行 |
[11:33] | Uh, well, I don’t want to say it. | 我不太想直接说出来 |
[11:36] | We’re an African-American firm | 我们是非裔美国人的律所 |
[11:38] | being persecuted by a majority white department? | 被一个大多为白人的部门起诉 |
[11:40] | You want us to turn our answers toward race? | 你想让我们把回答引到种族问题上来吗 |
[11:43] | Yes. | 没错 |
[11:44] | The only way to prevent an indictment | 阻止被起诉的唯一办法 |
[11:47] | is to close down the grand jury. | 是停掉大陪审团 |
[11:48] | And the only way to close down the grand jury | 而停掉大陪审团的唯一办法 |
[11:50] | is to convince Wilbur Dincon, the assistant attorney general, | 是说服助理总检察长威尔伯·丁肯 |
[11:53] | it’s not in his interest. | 这事对他没好处 |
[11:55] | And the only way to convince him it’s not in his interest | 而要说服他这事对他没好处的唯一办法 |
[11:57] | is to turn our answers toward race. | 就是把回答引导到种族的问题上来 |
[11:59] | Yep. We have an audience of one: Wilbur Dincon. | 没错 我们只有一个观众 威尔伯·丁肯 |
[12:03] | Barbara, what do you think? | 芭芭拉 你觉得呢 |
[12:06] | About using race? | 打种族的牌吗 |
[12:09] | Well, it is about race. | 那这就是种族的问题了 |
[12:12] | Adrian Boseman. | 阿德里安·博斯曼 |
[12:14] | I’m an attorney with the firm of Reddick, Boseman & Kolstad, | 我是雷迪克&博斯曼&科斯达律所的律师 |
[12:17] | the largest African-American firm in the Midwest. | 中西部最大的非裔美国人律所 |
[12:21] | Named by American Lawyer as one of the top ten | 被「美国律师」誉为国内前十的 |
[12:25] | black firms in the country. | 黑人律所 |
[12:29] | You finished? | 你说完了吗 |
[12:31] | Yeah. | 说完了 |
[12:34] | Mr. Boseman, how long have you practiced law in Chicago? | 博斯曼先生 你在芝加哥当了多久的律师 |
[12:37] | 35 years. | 35年 |
[12:38] | I was sworn in by Mayor Harold Washington, | 我由哈罗德·华盛顿市长宣誓入职 |
[12:41] | the city’s first and, so far, only black mayor. | 他是市里首位也是唯一一位黑人市长 |
[12:44] | I actually keep a photograph of him in my pocket just to | 其实我口袋里都还揣着张他的照片 |
[12:48] | remind me of the struggles of | 时刻提醒着我 |
[12:50] | black people who’ve come before and… | 那些在之前奋斗过 |
[12:53] | paved the way for me. | 为我铺平道路的黑人们 |
[12:55] | Okay, thank you. | 好了 谢谢你 |
[12:58] | Would you agree that suing the Chicago Police Department | 你会同意说 起诉芝加哥警局 |
[13:02] | has been a major income stream for your firm? | 是你们律所的主要收益流吗 |
[13:05] | I agree that our firm, | 我同意我们的律所 |
[13:08] | as a majority-owned African-American firm… | 是一家由非裔美国人多数参股的律所 |
[13:10] | Ma’am, I didn’t ask about your racial makeup. | 女士 我并没有问贵所的种族成分 |
[13:14] | Yes, but you did ask me to answer in my own words, | 是的 但是你让我用自己的话来表达的 |
[13:17] | and these are my own words. | 这就是我的话啊 |
[13:24] | Please, continue. | 请继续 |
[13:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:26] | As I said, there’s no mistaking that, | 就像我说的 |
[13:29] | as an African-American owned firm… | 作为一家由非裔美国人拥有的律所 |
[13:31] | 威尔伯·丁肯 助理总检察长 | |
[13:31] | “…certain victims feel more comfortable coming to us | “某些受害者会觉得到我们律所来 |
[13:34] | than to a majority Caucasian firm.” | 比去由白人控股的律所更舒服 |
[13:36] | Question, “Again, this is not about race, ma’am.” | 提问 “再说一遍 这跟种族无关 女士” |
[13:39] | Answer, “You asked for context, sir, | 回答 “是你问上下文剧语境的 先生 |
[13:41] | and the context involves the racial makeup of our firm.” | 而语境里就包含我们律所的种族成分” |
[13:44] | What the hell is going on? | 什么情况 |
[13:46] | You were supposed to stay away from race. | 你本应该跟种族不沾边的 |
[13:48] | We are. We’re not the ones taking it there, they are. | 我们没沾 不是我们提出来的 是他们 |
[13:50] | I don’t care who is. | 我不管谁提的 |
[13:51] | It’s looking like a persecution. | 这事看上去像迫害了 |
[13:53] | It’s a tactic. | 是策略 |
[13:54] | Well, then, go around it. | 那就绕过它 |
[13:56] | You need to make it clear that this is not about race. | 你必须澄清此案跟种族无关 |
[14:00] | …vita voglio essere uno squalo. | 我想做一条鲨鱼 |
[14:08] | Nella miah prosseema vita voglio essere uno squalo. | 来生 我愿做一条鲨鱼 |
[14:13] | What’s that? | 叨咕什么呢 |
[14:15] | Italian. | 意大利语 |
[14:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:17] | I always wanted to learn Italian. | 我一直都想学意大利语 |
[14:19] | You are an odd child. | 你真是个奇怪的孩子 |
[14:22] | You know what I’m saying? | 你知道我在说什么吗 |
[14:25] | “In my next life, I want to come back as a shark.” | “来生 我愿做一条鲨鱼” |
[14:29] | Great. Makes sense to me. | 很好 说得通 |
[14:35] | Marissa Gold, right? | 梅丽莎·戈德 对吧 |
[14:37] | No. Nella mia prossima vita voglio essere uno squalo. | 不 来生 我愿做一条鲨鱼 |
[14:46] | So, he’s pivoting? | 所以 他在转移话题 |
[14:47] | Exactly. No more black lawyers. | 正确 不能再说黑人律师了 |
[14:49] | Now, he’s going after you three. | 现在 他冲着你们三个来 |
[14:51] | For what? | 为什么 |
[14:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:53] | We’ll find out soon enough. | 我们很快就会知道了 |
[14:54] | We’re scheduled for the grand jury tomorrow. | 我们定在明天见大陪审团 |
[14:55] | And the good news, | 好消息是 |
[14:57] | we have an audience. | 我们有一个观众 |
[14:58] | Yep. Wilbur Dincon is paying attention. | 是的 威尔伯·丁肯正在关注此案 |
[15:01] | So, how do we exploit that? | 我们如何利用这一点呢 |
[15:02] | Well, let’s think. | 咱们想想吧 |
[15:04] | Let’s… | 咱们…… |
[15:15] | So, we don’t want a grand jury to connect the dots. | 我们不想让哪个大陪审团的人将事情联系起来 |
[15:17] | What we want is a case that makes sense… | 我们想要的是一个有意义的案子 |
[15:18] | we won’t get a conviction unless the facts hold up. | 如果没有事实支撑的话 我们没法定罪 |
[15:20] | Let’s worry about this later. | 我们稍后再考虑这个 |
[15:21] | Grand juries work off of emotion. | 大陪审团很感情用事 |
[15:23] | First, we need an indictment. | 首先 我们需要起诉书 |
[15:24] | Well, we need an indictment based on facts. | 我们需要有事实支撑的起诉书 |
[15:28] | Uh, hello? | 你好 |
[15:31] | Do you need something? | 你想做什么 |
[15:33] | Do you know how much I make for every subpoena I deliver? | 你知道我每发一封传票能挣多少钱吗 |
[15:36] | No idea, | 不知道 |
[15:37] | but I’m sure you can talk to the sheriff’s office about this. | 但是我确定你可以跟治安官办公室里聊聊这事 |
[15:39] | $47. | 47美元 |
[15:40] | Great. Good to know. | 很好 真棒 |
[15:42] | And this has been a really good 48 hours. | 过去的48小时过得真的特别棒 |
[15:45] | You’ve been served. | 你被传唤了 |
[15:54] | Mike, how are you? | 迈克 你好吗 |
[15:55] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[15:56] | Hello, Miss Tascioni. | 你好 塔肖尼女士 |
[15:58] | You have bitten off way more than you can chew. | 你贪多嚼不烂了 |
[16:02] | Really? I can chew a lot. | 是吗 我挺能嚼的呢 |
[16:05] | You’re suing me in civil court? | 你在民事法庭对我提起诉讼 |
[16:07] | Yes, for tortious interference with contractual relations. | 是的 因为侵权干涉合约关系 |
[16:10] | I thought that was clever. | 我觉得挺聪明的 |
[16:11] | You don’t believe it? | 你不会真这么觉得吧 |
[16:14] | I believe it the same way you do your grand jury. | 我就像你相信大陪审团一样相信这个 |
[16:17] | No court will allow you to sue me | 在你们被起诉的同时 |
[16:19] | at the same time that you’re being prosecuted. | 没有法庭会允许你起诉我 |
[16:23] | Maybe you’re right, Mike. | 也许你是说得对 迈克 |
[16:27] | Hmm. Do you want a fig bar? | 你吃不吃无无花果软糖 |
[16:29] | No. | 不吃 |
[16:32] | Maybe you’re right that | 也许你说得对 |
[16:34] | no court will allow my suit to go forward, | 没有哪个法庭会让我的诉讼继续下去 |
[16:36] | but you could’ve told me that on the phone. | 但是你打电话告诉我就行了 |
[16:38] | Instead, you came over here. | 相反 你来我这了 |
[16:40] | And you’re welcome anytime. | 当然 随时欢迎 |
[16:43] | I’ll see you in court. | 我们法庭见 |
[16:45] | Both courts. | 两个庭 |
[16:46] | We’ll see which one finishes first. | 咱们走着瞧 看哪个先结束 |
[16:59] | Putting something on top of the pile | 放那堆文件的最上面的话 |
[17:01] | is a great way to get me to move it to the bottom. | 可是让我把它挪到最下面的最好办法了 |
[17:04] | I don’t think Mr. Boseman would like that. | 我认为博斯曼先生不会喜欢这个做法 |
[17:08] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[17:08] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[17:09] | It’s something regarding the Rindell Ponzi scheme. | 这是跟林德尔庞氏骗局案相关的东西 |
[17:13] | Well, these are Fortune 500 names. | 这些是「财富」500强名单 |
[17:15] | Not all of them, | 并不全 |
[17:16] | but some. | 只是一部分 |
[17:17] | But look at these numbers here. | 但是你看看这些数字 |
[17:19] | Nine digit numbers. What are they? | 九位数 代表什么 |
[17:21] | No idea. Social Security numbers? | 不知道 社保账号 |
[17:23] | No, I checked. | 不是 我查过了 |
[17:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:28] | My curiosity is whetted. | 勾起了我的好奇心 |
[17:30] | Me, too. I like mysteries. | 我也是 我喜欢神秘的东西 |
[17:33] | Could you find out | 你能查出来 |
[17:34] | how this list might come back to hurt this firm? | 这份名单能如何打击到这家律所吗 |
[17:37] | Are we sure it will? | 确定它不利于我们吗 |
[17:38] | Oh, yes. | 确定 |
[17:39] | Mr. Kresteva worked too hard to get it. | 克里斯特瓦先生费尽心机想得到它 |
[17:42] | Okay. I’ll take a look. | 好的 我会查一查的 |
[17:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:47] | You’re kidding? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[17:48] | No. I’m putting you in, kid. | 没有 我要把你加进来 孩子 |
[17:50] | Sir, please. It’s not… | 长官 别… |
[17:53] | I hate him. | 我讨厌他 |
[17:54] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[17:55] | Are you under the mistaken impression | 你是不是错误地认为 |
[17:57] | that you only defend people you like? | 你只会为你喜欢的人辩护 |
[17:58] | No, I’m under the mistaken impression | 不是 我错误地认为 |
[18:00] | I don’t defend anyone. I’m a prosecutor. | 我不为任何人辩护 我是一名检察官 |
[18:02] | Yeah, well, | 是啊 好吧 |
[18:03] | when you get this tortious interference nonsense dismissed, | 什么时候你能让这个扯淡的侵权干涉案子撤案 |
[18:05] | you can go back to prosecuting. | 你就能继续回来做检察官 |
[18:08] | Sir. I have to… apprise you of a conflict of interest. | 长官 我得告诉你此事与我有利益冲突 |
[18:15] | And what’s that? | 什么利益冲突 |
[18:16] | I’m dating one of the lawyers at the plaintiff’s firm. | 我在和原告律所的一名律师约会 |
[18:21] | I see. | 明白了 |
[18:23] | That’s not good. | 这不是一件好事 |
[18:24] | Yeah, I’m, uh, not sure that I could be… objective. | 是的 我不确定自己能否保持客观 |
[18:29] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[18:31] | Stop dating her. | 不要和她约会了 |
[18:32] | Then you can be. | 然后你就能保持客观了 |
[18:35] | You’re late for court. | 你上庭要迟到了 |
[18:38] | Jesus Christ, where is everybody? | 老天 其他人呢 |
[18:40] | It’s 10 A.M. Am I right? | 现在已经上午十点了 是吗 |
[18:41] | You are right, Your Honor. The plaintiffs are ready. | 没错 法官阁下 原告方已经就绪 |
[18:44] | Good for you. Stop kissing my ass. | 很好 别拍我马屁 |
[18:46] | – Where’s the defense? – I’m here, Your Honor. | -被告呢 -我来了 法官阁下 |
[18:47] | You’re late. You had me waiting. | 你迟到了 你让我在这傻等 |
[18:49] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 很抱歉 法官阁下 |
[18:50] | I was just assigned this case. | 我刚被指派接手这个案子 |
[18:52] | I don’t give a shit. | 关我屁事 |
[18:52] | We start at 10:00, you’re here at 10:00. | 我们十点开始 你就得十点到 |
[18:55] | What do we have today? Tortious interference. | 今天是什么案子 侵权干涉 |
[18:57] | Yes, Your Honor. This law firm… | 是的 法官阁下 这间律所… |
[18:58] | We ask for an immediate motion to dismiss. | 我们请求立即撤案 |
[18:59] | Stop it. | 住嘴 |
[19:01] | You first, Mr. Late. | 你先说 迟到先生 |
[19:03] | Uh, the defense moves to dismiss. | 被告动议撤案 |
[19:04] | Mr. Kresteva is in the middle of an active Grand Jury Investigation. | 克里斯特瓦先生正在进行一场大陪审团调查 |
[19:08] | Initiating these proceedings | 发起这些诉讼是想对此事 |
[19:09] | is a cynical attempt to interfere with that. | 进行干扰 这是损人利己的做法 |
[19:12] | Vehemently disagree. | 强烈反对 |
[19:13] | Adrian. | 阿德里安 |
[19:16] | Good morning, Your Honor. | 早上好 法官阁下 |
[19:17] | Mr. Kresteva’s Grand Jury Investigation… | 克里斯特瓦先生的大陪审团调查… |
[19:19] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[19:20] | Is he the lawyer or the plaintiff? | 他是律师还是原告 |
[19:24] | The plaintiff. | 原告 |
[19:25] | Well, then, he shouldn’t be arguing in court. | 那他不应该在法庭之上进行辩护 |
[19:27] | He should be called as a witness. | 他应该作为证人被传召 |
[19:29] | Oh. Then, I’d like to call Mr. Adrian Boseman as a witness. | 那我想传召阿德里安·博斯曼先生作为证人上庭 |
[19:31] | No, excuse me, no. No. Uh… uh, | 不行 打断一下 不行 不… |
[19:35] | Your Honor, you never heard on my motion to dismiss. | 法官阁下 你还没有听我的撤案动议 |
[19:37] | Yeah, but you just told them to put him on the stand. | 是 但你刚让他们让他作为证人出庭 |
[19:39] | No, I-I said he shouldn’t be arguing in court. | 不 我说他不应该在法庭上进行辩护 |
[19:41] | The defense is using this civil action… | 辩护方在利用这个民事权利… |
[19:42] | “The plaintiff”? Is that the word you’re looking for? | “原告” 你应该指的是这个吧 |
[19:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:50] | The plaintiff… | 原告… |
[19:51] | is using this civil action as a poor man’s discovery. | 利用这个民事诉讼 妄图发现点什么 |
[19:56] | They don’t have access to our Grand Jury room, | 他们没有机会进入我们的大陪审团房间 |
[19:59] | so they are using this court as a way to find out… | 于是他们试图利用这个法庭去试探… |
[20:08] | uh, what’s going on in the grand jury room. | 大陪审团的动态 |
[20:14] | Is that what you were doing, counselor? | 这是你们的企图吗 律师 |
[20:16] | No, Your Honor. | 不是 法官阁下 |
[20:17] | I wish I were that smart. | 我要是有这么聪明就好了 |
[20:20] | Good idea. | 这个主意不错 |
[20:22] | Okay, overruled, call your witness. | 好吧 反对无效 传唤你的证人 |
[20:25] | Elsbeth. | 埃尔斯贝特 |
[20:28] | Make me your second chair. | 让我做你的次席律师 |
[20:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:32] | Because it’s a good idea. | 因为这是个好主意 |
[20:35] | Mr. Boseman, why are you suing for tortious interference? | 博斯曼先生 为什么你要起诉他们侵权干涉 |
[20:38] | We’re losing clients. | 我们的客户在流失 |
[20:39] | Three clients in the past two weeks. | 上两个星期我们失去了三名客户 |
[20:41] | And why is it important that this case be heard now? | 为什么这个案子现在开审对你很重要 |
[20:43] | Because this Grand Jury is the reason we’re losing clients. | 因为这个大陪审团就是我们客户流失的原因 |
[20:47] | Mr. Kresteva doesn’t want a conviction. | 克里斯特瓦先生并不是想要定罪 |
[20:50] | He wants our bankruptcy. | 他想要我们破产 |
[20:51] | Objection. Speculation. | 反对 引导证人推测 |
[20:53] | Uh, that’s a proper objection for a question, | 这个反对只能对我的问题有效 |
[20:55] | not for a response. | 但对回答无效 |
[20:56] | If Mr. Morrello has a rebuttal witness, | 如果莫雷洛先生有反证证人 |
[20:58] | he should present him. | 他应该让他出庭 |
[20:59] | I would agree. Overruled. | 我同意 反对无效 |
[21:01] | Mr. Boseman, | 博斯曼先生 |
[21:02] | did any of your clients explain why they were leaving? | 有客户向你解释了他们离开的原因吗 |
[21:04] | Yes. The Paisley Group said | 有 佩斯利集团说 |
[21:06] | federal agents came to their workplace | 联邦探员到他们的工作地点 |
[21:08] | questioning them about our work. | 盘问我们的工作 |
[21:10] | They didn’t want the hassle. | 他们不想惹麻烦 |
[21:12] | And you think this was an intentional move | 你认为这是克里斯特瓦先生的干涉行为 |
[21:13] | on Mr. Kresteva’s part? | 导致的吗 |
[21:15] | – Objection. – Absolutely. | -反对 -当然 |
[21:16] | This time calls for speculation. | 这次也是引导证人推测 |
[21:17] | Look at you, making a proper objection. | 瞧瞧 你能做出合理反对了 |
[21:19] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[21:20] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[21:22] | Your witness, Mr. Morrello. | 我问完了 莫雷洛先生 |
[21:24] | Thank you, Ms. Quinn. | 谢谢 奎因女士 |
[21:26] | These three clients you lost, | 你失去的这三位客户 |
[21:29] | how important were they to your bottom line? | 他们对你们的财务影响有多大 |
[21:31] | Every client is important. | 每位客户都非常重要 |
[21:33] | Hmm. That sounds like not very important. | 这听起来并没有很重要 |
[21:35] | Objection. Lamely argumentative. | 反对 非常牵强 有争议 |
[21:37] | Yeah, no, it sounded that way to me, too. | 对 在我看来也是 |
[21:40] | How much money a year do you lose | 这三位客户的离开 |
[21:41] | from losing these three clients? | 使你一年损失了多少钱 |
[21:43] | I guess… $1.3 million. | 我想 130万美元 |
[21:45] | But that’s why we need to stop this leakage now, Your Honor. | 但我们不能再这样下去了 法官阁下 |
[21:48] | And didn’t you just sign Chumhum, | 你们不是刚刚和查查网签约了吗 |
[21:50] | a massive social media empire | 一个社交媒体巨头 |
[21:52] | worth $86 million a year to you? | 每年可以向你的律所贡献8600万美元 |
[21:55] | – Yes, we did. – So… $1.3 million | -是的 -那么 130万美元 |
[22:00] | versus $86 million. | 对比8600万美元 |
[22:02] | Those two things are not connected. | 二者并无关联 |
[22:04] | Whah-whah-whah-whah, don’t cry poverty in here! | 别在这哭穷 |
[22:05] | Oh, we’re not crying poverty. | 我们不是在哭穷 |
[22:06] | Ms. Quinn clearly wants to avoid any oversight… | 奎因女士很明显是想 |
[22:07] | We’re just saying that the DOJ | 我们只是说司法部 |
[22:09] | is intentionally trying to take something… | 故意想将… |
[22:09] | …by officials and every time they have their hands | 每次搞点小偷小摸时 |
[22:10] | caught in the cookie jar… | 都能逃过有关部门的监管 |
[22:12] | No, no, no. Both of you, back in your seats. | 不不不 你们两个 都回座位去 |
[22:15] | Decorum. | 注意礼节 |
[22:17] | That’s what I insist on. | 这是我一贯主张的 |
[22:19] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[22:21] | May I ask a quick question? | 我能问个问题吗 |
[22:23] | You may, quietly. | 可以 小声点儿 |
[22:26] | Why is the defendant not here? | 被告为什么不出庭呢 |
[22:28] | I see that the defense sent its lawyer, | 我看到只有被告律师来了 |
[22:30] | but does the defendant think so little of this court | 难道被告觉得这次庭审无足轻重 |
[22:32] | that he only sends his lawyer? | 才只派律师出庭吗 |
[22:34] | I believe the plaintiff’s lawyer knows the reason. | 我相信原告律师知道原因 |
[22:37] | The defendant is busy running a grand jury room. | 被告正忙着大陪审团问询的事 |
[22:39] | I see. So, Mr. Kresteva | 这样啊 所以克里斯特瓦先生 |
[22:41] | is too busy for Judge Gallo? | 抽不出空给伽洛法官对吗 |
[22:44] | Did you explain that I’m conducting a grand jury? | 你有解释我在主持大陪审团问询吗 |
[22:46] | I did. It’s Judge Gallo. He doesn’t like being dissed. | 说了 可主审是伽洛法官 他讨厌被人轻视 |
[22:50] | Dear God. Okay, when? | 天哪 好吧 什么时候开庭 |
[22:52] | This afternoon. | 今天下午 |
[22:54] | This is playing right into their hands. You know that. | 目前的情形正合他们意 你看出来了吧 |
[22:57] | I sure do. | 当然 |
[23:00] | So, Ms. Gold, | 那么 戈德女士 |
[23:02] | what is your relationship with Diane Lockhart? | 你和戴安·洛哈特是什么关系呢 |
[23:04] | She’s my boss. | 她是我的老板 |
[23:05] | – Also, I consider her my mentor. -Really? | -我还将她视为我的导师 -是吗 |
[23:09] | What does she mentor you in? | 她教你什么了 |
[23:11] | Well, since coming to work at an African-American firm, | 自从进入非裔律所工作 |
[23:13] | I’d say it’s becoming aware of the nature of white privilege. | 我得说是让我开始意识了到白人特权 |
[23:21] | And you worked with Ms. Lockhart at her previous firm, | 你曾与洛哈特女士在她之前的律所共事过 |
[23:23] | – did you not? – I did, | -是吗 -没错 |
[23:24] | but that was definitely not an African-American firm. | 但那里绝对和非裔美国人没关系 |
[23:27] | It was like the Trump White House there. | 完全跟特朗普的白宫似的 |
[23:30] | Ms. Gold, we’re not asking | 戈德女士 我们不是在问 |
[23:32] | about the racial makeup of the firm. | 这家律所的种族问题 |
[23:35] | Oh, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[23:37] | Touchy. | 真敏感 |
[23:39] | You were aware, were you not, | 你是否注意到 |
[23:40] | that Ms. Lockhart had frequent meetings and phone calls | 洛哈特女士在去阿德里安·博斯曼的律所前 |
[23:42] | with Adrian Boseman prior to going over to his firm? | 就和他有频繁会面及电话来往 |
[23:44] | Absolutely. | 有 |
[23:46] | Mr. Boseman’s firm was representing a young, African-American man | 博斯曼先生的律所曾替一位 |
[23:49] | who had been pretty severely beaten by a white police officer… | 遭白人警官毒打的年轻美国黑人辩护 |
[23:52] | Again, this is not about race, ma’am. | 再次申明 这与种族无关 女士 |
[23:56] | I agree, but you guys keep asking me about race. | 我同意 不过是你们一直在问这方面问题 |
[24:02] | Isn’t it true that Ms. Lockhart slipped privileged information | 那洛哈特女士是否向博斯曼先生透露过 |
[24:05] | to Mr. Boseman about this case? | 这件案子的保密信息吗 |
[24:07] | You mean the case about this African-American kid | 你是指被白人警察毒打的黑人 |
[24:10] | being beaten up by the white cops? | 这个案子吗 |
[24:13] | I’m sorry, but you asked the question. | 不好意思 但是你先问的 |
[24:20] | Hey, Diane. I think it went great. | 喂 戴安 我感觉进展很顺利 |
[24:24] | Uh, yeah. | 好的 |
[24:26] | Okay, I’m on my way back. | 好 我马上回去 |
[24:36] | It’s Andrew Hart. | 安德鲁·哈特 |
[24:37] | What does he have on us? | 他有什么把柄 |
[24:38] | Why is Kresteva calling him to testify? | 为什么克里斯特瓦叫他来作证 |
[24:40] | Did you see him with anybody else? | 他旁边有别人吗 |
[24:41] | – No, he was alone. – We need to find out | -没 就他一个 -我们得弄清楚 |
[24:43] | what he said to the grand jury about our firm. | 他对大陪审团都说了我们律所什么 |
[24:46] | How do we do that? | 怎么弄清楚 |
[24:50] | What did you say to the grand jury about the plaintiff’s firm? | 关于原告的律所 你是怎么对大陪审团说的 |
[24:53] | Objection. Grand jury proceedings are under seal | 反对 大陪审团问询内容属于机密 |
[24:57] | and cannot be made public, no matter how clever | 不能公之于众 无论塔肖尼女士 |
[24:59] | Ms. Tascioni thinks she is. | 觉得自己有多聪明都不行 |
[25:01] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[25:01] | That’s sweet, | 太过奖了 |
[25:03] | complimenting me for being clever. | 夸我聪明 |
[25:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:06] | Nice to see you, Mr. Kresteva. | 很高兴见到你 克里斯特瓦先生 |
[25:08] | Oh, how’s Diedre? | 迪尔德拉好吗 |
[25:10] | Oh, she’s fine. | 她很好 |
[25:12] | Uh, hello? Civil court. | 嘿 这是法庭 |
[25:13] | – Taxpayers’ money being spent. – Yes, sorry. | -纳税人的钱可一直烧着呢 -抱歉 |
[25:16] | Is it fair to say that | 我是否可以说 |
[25:19] | in an effort to gain some competitive advantage, | 为了获得竞争优势 |
[25:22] | you sought to have Adrian Boseman disbarred? | 你曾试图让阿德里安·博斯曼被取消律师资格呢 |
[25:25] | Is it fair? No, it’s not fair. | 是否可以 不可以 |
[25:28] | I see. | 知道了 |
[25:30] | Well, is it fair to say that you tried calling | 那是否可以说你试图劝说 |
[25:30] | 他是否想让我被吊销律师执照 他有没有联系我们的客户 他和谁联系过 多少客户 | |
[25:34] | Reddick & Boseman clients to steal them away? | 雷迪克&博斯曼律所的客户离开他们呢 |
[25:36] | No, that’s not fair, either. | 不 也不能这么说 |
[25:38] | Not even a little bit? | 一点也没有吗 |
[25:39] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[25:40] | This is a fishing expedition. | 这是钓鱼盘问 |
[25:45] | Yes? | 是吗 |
[25:47] | It’s… | 就是… |
[25:49] | …what I said. | 我说的这样 |
[25:51] | Ms. Tascioni, where is this going? | 塔肖尼女士 你到底想干吗 |
[25:53] | I just have a few more questions. | 我只有几个问题要问了 |
[25:55] | Did you ever meet with Reddick & Boseman clients | 你是否与雷迪克&博斯曼律所的客户见面 |
[25:58] | in order to steal them away? Is that fair? | 好挖走他们呢 可以这么说吗 |
[26:05] | I have not done anything illegal. | 我所做的一切都在法律范围之内 |
[26:08] | That’s not my question. | 我没问这个 |
[26:09] | Did you ever meet with Reddick & Boseman clients | 你是否与雷迪克&博斯曼律所的客户见面 |
[26:12] | with the direct intent of stealing them? | 好挖走他们呢 |
[26:16] | I did what any business would do. | 我只是做了任何生意人都会做的事 |
[26:18] | Which client, Mr. Hart? | 哪位客户呢 哈特先生 |
[26:19] | Objection. Relevance? | 反对 与本案无关 |
[26:21] | They’re just trying to establish that the witness is feeding | 他们只不过想证明证人对大陪审团 |
[26:24] | negative info to the grand jury, | 透露了不利信息 |
[26:27] | so he can steal their clients. | 这样他就能挖走他们的客户了 |
[26:29] | Exactly, Your Honor. | 没错 法官阁下 |
[26:31] | Ma’am, you’re an acquired taste, | 女士 我知道你习惯大声说话了 |
[26:33] | and I don’t think I’ve acquired it yet, so… shh. | 但我还没习惯 所以 |
[26:39] | Please answer the question. | 请回答问题 |
[26:43] | I met for lunch with a Mr. Spiegel, | 我同一位叫施皮格尔的先生吃了午餐 |
[26:45] | who owns a string of department stores. | 他经营连锁百货商店 |
[26:51] | Get to Spiegel. Hart’s trying to poach him. | 去找施皮格尔 哈特想挖走他 |
[27:19] | Are you in a pissy mood? | 你心情很不好吗 |
[27:20] | No. | 没有 |
[27:21] | Then come by tonight. | 那晚上来我家吧 |
[27:25] | I’ve been told to break up with you. | 有人让我和你分手 |
[27:28] | You’ve been told? | 有人 |
[27:30] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[27:34] | Then you’d better do it. | 那你最好照做咯 |
[27:40] | You’re going to get fired. | 不然你会被炒的 |
[27:43] | Mm, I hate my job, anyway. | 反正我也讨厌这工作 |
[27:46] | Mr. Spiegel, how are you? | 施皮格尔先生 最近好吗 |
[27:48] | Good. | 不错 |
[27:49] | I hope since you called me | 我想既然是你打电话给我的 |
[27:51] | I’m not getting billed for this. | 那我应该不会要付钱吧 |
[27:53] | Meter’s off. | 计时器停了 |
[27:54] | We’re sitting down with some of our clients this week. | 我们这周安排和一些客户聊了聊 |
[27:57] | We just want to make sure we’re not missing anything, | 只是想确定没有忽视任何事 |
[28:00] | their needs are being met… | 客户的需求都得到了满足 |
[28:01] | And no one’s jumping ship? | 以及没人弃船而去吗 |
[28:05] | There’s a smear campaign against our firm, Anthony. | 当下有人针对我们律所的进行抹黑 安东尼 |
[28:08] | I want to set the record straight. | 我想澄清一下谣言 |
[28:10] | You want to know who’s been whispering in my ear. | 你想知道谁在我耳边打小报告 |
[28:12] | If I were to guess, | 如果让我猜一下 |
[28:13] | I’d say lately it’s coming from Andy Hart. | 我觉得近期应该是安迪·哈特 |
[28:17] | You’d be right. | 你猜得没错 |
[28:20] | Mind telling me what he said? | 介意告诉我他说了什么吗 |
[28:23] | He warned me | 他警告我说 |
[28:24] | that Reddick/Boseman was in the path of a major storm. | 雷迪克&博斯曼正被卷入一场大风暴之中 |
[28:28] | And that I would be wise | 说我要是明智的话 |
[28:29] | to seek other representation. | 应该现在开始物色其他律所了 |
[28:31] | Did he say anything about a grand jury | 他有没有提到什么关于大陪审团 |
[28:33] | having been impaneled? | 已经组成的事情 |
[28:34] | Objection. | 反对 |
[28:35] | Your Honor, I’m not asking about the content | 法官阁下 我并没有问大陪审团 |
[28:38] | of the grand jury proceeding. | 问询的具体内容 |
[28:39] | All I want to know is, did Mr. Hart use the fact | 我只是想知道 哈特先生有没有用 |
[28:42] | that he testified before the grand jury | 他要在大陪审团面前作证这一事实 |
[28:44] | to steal Reddick/Boseman clients? | 来窃取雷迪克&博斯曼的客户 |
[28:46] | Objection as to stealing. | 对窃取这一措辞提出反对 |
[28:47] | Can I get out one statement without an objection? | 能让我完整说完一句话而不进行反对吗 |
[28:49] | Sure, just don’t use loaded words | 当然可以 只要你不用”窃取”这样 |
[28:50] | like “stealing.” | 有暗示意味的字眼 |
[28:51] | Okay, which one of your objections | 好吧 这两个反对 |
[28:54] | would you like me to rule on first, counselor? | 你希望我先裁决哪一个 律师 |
[28:56] | The fir… uh, the second. | 第一 第二个吧 |
[28:58] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[28:59] | Would you like to hear about the first one now? | 你现在想听听我对第一个反对的裁决吗 |
[29:02] | Overruled. | 同样反对无效 |
[29:04] | Sir, did Mr. Hart mention his testimony? | 先生 哈特先生有提到他的证词吗 |
[29:06] | No. | 没有 |
[29:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:08] | Because he hadn’t testified yet. | 因为他当时还没出席作证 |
[29:14] | Uh, when was it that you met with Mr. Hart? | 你是什么时候和哈特先生会面的 |
[29:16] | Two weeks ago. | 两周前 |
[29:17] | And did he mention that a grand jury would be impaneled? | 他当时有提到大陪审团将就位进行问询吗 |
[29:20] | As I recall, | 据我回忆 |
[29:22] | it was the centerpiece of his presentation. | 那是他整场游说的核心要点 |
[29:27] | I would direct the court’s attention | 我想提请法庭注意 |
[29:28] | to the fact that this would’ve been | 这一事件发生在除了克里斯特瓦先生 |
[29:30] | before anyone outside of Mr. Kresteva’s office | 办公室里的员工以外任何人都无法得知 |
[29:33] | would have known about a grand jury. | 将会有一次大陪审团问询之前 |
[29:35] | Is Ms. Quinn questioning a witness or testifying? | 奎因女士到底是在询问一位证人还是在作证 |
[29:37] | I’m just pointing out the obvious. | 我只是想指出显而易见的事实 |
[29:39] | How are my favorite litigation financiers? | 我最喜爱的诉讼投资人近来如何呀 |
[29:42] | Not good, Mr. Boseman. | 很不好 博斯曼先生 |
[29:43] | We just got subpoenaed to testify before the grand jury. | 我们刚刚被传唤要在大陪审团前作证 |
[29:48] | Oh, shit. | 该死的 |
[29:54] | Litigation financiers. | 诉讼投资人 |
[29:55] | What an interesting title. | 真是个有意思的头衔 |
[29:57] | Where’d you guys go to law school? | 你俩在哪上的法学院 |
[29:59] | We didn’t. | 我们没读过法律 |
[30:00] | Then can you explain how you’ve been directly involved | 那你们能解释一下你们是如何直接参与到 |
[30:03] | in over 75 civil cases? | 超过75起民事案件中的吗 |
[30:05] | We provide financing to law firms | 我们为律所提供融资服务 |
[30:08] | that allows them to cover operating costs | 以便让他们在短时间内手头有大笔官司时 |
[30:11] | while undertaking time-intensive legal battles. | 获取周转资金来支付必要的运营成本 |
[30:13] | Law firms like Reddick/Boseman. | 比如像雷迪克&博斯曼这间律所 |
[30:15] | How many of their cases have you bankrolled? | 你们为多少个案子提供了资金支持 |
[30:17] | – Twenty-one. – No. | -21个 -不 |
[30:19] | 23. | 是23个 |
[30:21] | Wha… how do you figure? | 你是怎么算的 |
[30:22] | The appeal and the Christmas settlement. | 还有那次上诉和圣诞节的庭外和解 |
[30:23] | No, that’s 21. | 不 是21个 |
[30:24] | No, 21 plus two is 23. | 不对 21加2是23 |
[30:26] | It’s 21 period. | 就是21个 |
[30:26] | Okay, let’s leave it at 21 or 23. | 好了 先别管是21还是23了 |
[30:30] | What does Reddick/Boseman give you | 雷迪克&博斯曼律所为你们提供什么 |
[30:32] | in return for this financing? | 作为融资的回报呢 |
[30:34] | An agreed upon percentage of the settlement amount. | 我们约定将庭外和解金额的一部分作为报酬 |
[30:37] | Well, I assume Reddick/Boseman | 我假定雷迪克&博斯曼律所支付给你们的是 |
[30:38] | pays you your percentage out of theirs. | 他们从庭外和解总金额中所获佣金的一部分 |
[30:40] | Do you really assume that or are you just trying | 你是真的这么假定还是你只是想 |
[30:42] | to make a point by saying you assume it? | 通过说你假定来表达一个观点 |
[30:46] | Where does the percentage come from, Mr. Warshofsky? | 报酬百分比是按什么计算的 华少夫斯基先生 |
[30:49] | It’s 23, not 21. | 是23 不是21 |
[30:50] | Okay, Jerry, j-just… | 好了 杰瑞 就 |
[30:54] | From the client’s percentage of money he never would’ve seen | 按照如果没有我们投资 委托人根本收不到的 |
[30:58] | if it weren’t for the money we invested. | 那笔和解金中的一定百分比计算 |
[31:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:01] | On February 20, just before the settlement, | 在2月20日 就在达成庭外和解之前 |
[31:05] | you gentlemen decided to increase your stake in the case | 你们二位决定通过继续往此案中注资的方式 |
[31:07] | by investing more money. Why was that? | 提高你们投资的分成比例 为什么会这么做 |
[31:09] | Mr. Boseman was confident they’d | 博斯曼先生非常自信他们将 |
[31:11] | come in north of five million. | 争取到500万美元的赔偿金 |
[31:13] | Did he tell you the basis for this confidence? | 他有告诉你们他这么有信心的依据是什么吗 |
[31:16] | He had a-a source on the other side | 他有个内部消息来源 |
[31:18] | who told him they were ready to settle. | 告诉他对方愿意以此金额进行庭外和解 |
[31:20] | The other side at the time being Diane Lockhart. | 当时的这个对方内部消息来源是戴安·洛哈特 |
[31:27] | Did Mr. Boseman tell you | 博斯曼先生有没有告诉你们 |
[31:28] | what the other side was nervous about? | 对方出于什么原因这么急于达成和解呢 |
[31:32] | They-they discovered a piece of evidence | 他们发现了一项如果上庭 |
[31:34] | that would hurt them if they went to trial. | 会对他们不利的证据 |
[31:41] | He told us that we’re not allowed to-to tell anyone | 他跟我们说我们不允许跟任何人说 |
[31:43] | what they asked us in there. | 我们在问询中被问了些什么问题 |
[31:44] | Well, that’s true, but you can tell us what you said. | 没错 但你可以告诉我们你们说了些什么 |
[31:47] | That’s free speech. | 这就是言论自由了 |
[31:48] | – I… – I don’t like getting involved in this. | -我 -我不想搅这趟浑水 |
[31:50] | – Let’s go. – Wait, wait. One second. | -我们走吧 -等等 留步 |
[31:52] | Now, we have made a lot of money together. | 我们一起赚了很多钱 |
[31:56] | – Right? – Right. | -对吗 -没错 |
[31:58] | So, did you talk about one of our cases? | 那么你们是不是聊到了我们经手的一个案子 |
[32:05] | Was it one of the police brutality cases? | 是某个警察暴力执法的案子吗 |
[32:10] | Is it the one we’re running now? | 是我们正在代理的案子吗 |
[32:16] | No. | 不是 |
[32:17] | I don’t think we should answer any more. | 我觉得我们不应该继续回答问题了 |
[32:18] | I-I know, but… | 我知道 但是 |
[32:20] | Just one more question. | 就再问一个问题 |
[32:22] | Is it a case that Diane and I worked on together? | 是我和戴安共同代理的某案子吗 |
[32:29] | Yeah, but not together. | 是的 但不是共同代理的 |
[32:31] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[32:32] | But hey, please, don’t swear, okay? | 但请别说脏话 好吗 |
[32:34] | – Ah! Okay. I-I-I got it. – We… | -好的 我明白 -我们 |
[32:36] | It bugs out Jer. | 会吓到杰 |
[32:37] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[32:38] | And thank you. Thank you for coming. | 谢谢 谢谢你们能来 |
[32:39] | – Yeah. Yeah, good luck. – Thank you. | -祝你们好运 -谢谢 |
[32:41] | Let me get that. | 让我来 |
[32:43] | Appreciate it. | 谢谢 |
[32:43] | Yeah, yeah. | 不客气 |
[32:47] | It’s about the Toby Kendall case. | 这跟托比·肯德尔先生的案子有关 |
[32:49] | They’re coming after me | 他们是想指控我 |
[32:50] | for telling you about the camera evidence. | 告诉你摄像头证据的那件事 |
[32:52] | You didn’t tell me about any camera evidence. | 你没告诉过我任何有关摄像头证据的事 |
[32:54] | You told me to hire an associate | 你让我雇佣了一个律师 |
[32:57] | who, in turn, discovered evidence. | 然后 是她发现了证据 |
[32:58] | No, I didn’t. I told you more. | 不 我没有 我透露了更多的信息给你 |
[33:02] | That’s disbarrable. | 而那足以吊销我的律师执照了 |
[33:03] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[33:06] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[33:08] | We all know we get close to the line sometimes. | 我们都知道 有时我们会游走在法律的边缘 |
[33:10] | Now, we try to stay on the right side of the law. | 但现在 我们都试着坚守在法律正义的一方 |
[33:12] | You want to be a good lawyer, | 你是想要成为一名好律师 |
[33:13] | you need to get close to that line and you know that. | 但水至清则无鱼 你也知道你不得不这样做 |
[33:16] | This wasn’t about being a good lawyer. | 这跟成为一名好律师无关 |
[33:19] | This was about getting a new job. | 这就是为了得到一份新工作 |
[33:20] | Not for you, | 你才不是为了新工作 |
[33:21] | for the Rindell kid, Diane. | 林德尔家的孩子才是 戴安 |
[33:24] | Stop kicking yourself. | 别再自责了 |
[33:27] | We are dealing with people who are coming at us | 我们正在对付的是 |
[33:29] | for the smallest infraction. | 紧咬着我们最小的犯规之处不放的人 |
[33:37] | So, how do we defend ourselves? | 那么 我们该怎么为自己辩护 |
[33:42] | Mere puffery. | 夸大其词 |
[33:46] | Seriously? | 你认真的 |
[33:47] | I haven’t used it since law school, but, hey. | 自从毕业我就没用过了 不过 |
[33:51] | I, I don’t think I’ve ever used it. | 我想我还从来没用过这招 |
[33:54] | – Mere puffery. | -夸大其词 |
[33:59] | Does that even work? | 这招真的有用吗 |
[34:01] | Uh, we will find out if it works. | 我们试试就知道有没有用了 |
[34:03] | My guess is they call you next. | 我猜他们下一个会传召你 |
[34:09] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[34:10] | Yikes, who pissed you off? | 老天 谁把你惹毛了 |
[34:12] | Can we do the cute talk another time please? | 我们能下次再找时间闲聊吗 |
[34:14] | Maybe I can help. What’s up? | 也许我能帮你呢 什么事 |
[34:17] | A nine-digit number, some repeats, | 一串九位数 部分数字有重复 |
[34:19] | all connected to top CEOs. | 都和一些顶尖的首席执行官有关 |
[34:22] | But none of them are from tax returns | 但它们都和纳税申报单号 法律案件号 |
[34:23] | or legal cases or employee numbers. | 或员工编号无关 |
[34:28] | Did you try Social Security numbers? | 你有试过社会保障号码吗 |
[34:29] | Yes. | 当然 |
[34:31] | Maybe they’re passwords. | 也许这些是密码 |
[34:32] | That just happened to all be nine digits? | 然后恰好都是九位数的密码 |
[34:34] | Maybe they’re part of some secret society of rich assholes. | 也许这些和有钱混蛋的秘密帮会有关 |
[34:38] | What? | 怎么了 |
[34:41] | Just so I’m clear, I never win at anything. | 我先澄清一下 我从来没赢过任何东西 |
[34:43] | If it’s a lottery ticket, none of my numbers ever match up. | 比方说买彩票 我选的号一个都没中过 |
[34:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:47] | I know this number. | 我见过这个数字 |
[34:49] | Here, too, and here. | 这也是 还有这里 |
[34:54] | This is my W-2 from last year. | 这是我去年的全年薪资和纳税表 |
[34:55] | And, uh, | 然后 |
[34:57] | here. There, that number, what is that? | 这里 那个数字 那是什么 |
[35:00] | Federal Tax I.D. Number. | 美国公司联邦税号 |
[35:01] | It’s the same. | 和这个一样 |
[35:05] | 《雨人》 达斯汀·霍夫曼主演的电影 其饰演的角色”雨人”患有自闭症但对数字有超强记忆力 | |
[35:05] | Who are you, Rain Man? | 你是什么人啊 雨人 |
[35:06] | You should see me at the blackjack tables. | 你还没见过我玩21点的风采呢 |
[35:09] | Who’s this W-2 from? | 这份全年薪资和纳税表从哪来的 |
[35:10] | My last job, Lockhart, Deckler… | 我上一份工作 洛哈特&德克尔 |
[35:13] | Oh, shit. | 靠 |
[35:14] | It’s about Diane. | 跟戴安有关系 |
[35:20] | I did not slip Mr. Boseman any information | 我并没有向博斯曼先生泄露 |
[35:23] | about the Toby Kendall case. | 任何有关托比·肯德尔案子的信息 |
[35:25] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[35:26] | I am sure. | 我确定 |
[35:27] | So Mr. Boseman lied to these litigation financiers. | 那就是博斯曼先生对诉讼投资人撒谎了 |
[35:31] | No. My guess, it was mere puffery. | 不是 我猜他只是夸大其词了 |
[35:34] | Really? | 是吗 |
[35:35] | Mere puffery is the legally acceptable practice | 夸大其词是通过夸张 |
[35:39] | of promoting through exaggeration. | 进而达到推销作用的合法手段 |
[35:40] | Yeah, I know what it is, thank you. | 没错 我知道是什么意思 谢谢 |
[35:43] | Let’s turn to the work that you did for the Rindell Fund, | 我们再来看看你为 最近被爆出庞氏骗局的 |
[35:45] | the recently exposed Ponzi scheme. | 林德尔基金所做的工作吧 |
[35:48] | What is this, Ms. Lockhart? | 这是什么 洛哈特女士 |
[35:52] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[35:54] | Isn’t it a list of VIP clients at the Rindell Fund? | 这不是一份林德尔基金的贵宾名单吗 |
[35:57] | It might be. | 可能是吧 |
[35:58] | I have no idea. | 我也不清楚 |
[36:00] | Aren’t these the Rindell clients | 这些客户不就是林德尔基金 |
[36:02] | the Fund went the extra mile for? | 铤而走险的原因所在吗 |
[36:04] | Backdating gains to avoid taxes? | 倒填收益日期来避免交税 |
[36:07] | Again, this is news to me. | 再说一遍 我对此并不知情 |
[36:09] | Yes, but… | 是的 但是 |
[36:12] | isn’t that your firm’s I.D. Number? | 这难道不是你公司的税号吗 |
[36:14] | There and there and there? | 这里 这里 还有这里 |
[36:18] | Isn’t that how the Fund billed your legal work? | 这难道这不是基金为你的法律服务买单的原因吗 |
[36:20] | Again, this is my first time seeing… | 再说一遍 这是我第一次看到 |
[36:22] | And isn’t this why you arranged for the Rindell daughter | 还有这难道不是你安排林德尔的女儿 |
[36:24] | to get a job at your new work, | 在你的新律所工作的原因吗 |
[36:27] | so they wouldn’t expose your culpability? | 这样他们就不会揭发你的罪责了 |
[36:30] | No. | 不是 |
[36:31] | Well, it’s a good thing we have Henry Rindell | 好吧 还好我们明天会请 |
[36:34] | coming in tomorrow to… | 亨利·林德尔来出庭 |
[36:37] | clear this matter up. | 把这件事情说清楚 |
[36:58] | I need to resign from this firm. | 我必须辞职离开律所 |
[37:03] | Oh, yeah? | 什么 |
[37:05] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[37:06] | Because I’m about to be indicted. | 因为我马上就要被起诉了 |
[37:09] | Are you… guilty of anything? | 你 犯了什么罪吗 |
[37:12] | Other than being friends with the wrong people? | 除了和小人做朋友以外 |
[37:15] | No. | 没有 |
[37:16] | Then, do you think it surprises me | 那么 你觉得我会因为律所的人 |
[37:18] | that someone inside this firm is being targeted? | 被盯上而感到意外吗 |
[37:22] | He has Henry Rindell in his pocket. | 亨利·林德尔已经听他调遣了 |
[37:25] | He is going to get an indictment against me. | 他准备要针对我来进行控告 |
[37:27] | – Assume he does. – I haven’t been here that long, Adrian… | -假设他会 -我来这没多久 阿德里安 |
[37:30] | What does that matter, Diane? | 那又有什么关系 戴安 |
[37:33] | I’m not running scared from motherfuckers like him. | 我才不会在他那样的混蛋面前害怕而逃跑 |
[37:39] | I got to fight him. | 我要反击 |
[37:40] | You got to fight him. | 你也要反击 |
[37:42] | So, we might as well fight him together. | 所以 我们应该一起反击 |
[38:12] | Bizarre that it’s come to this. | 真没想到会走到这一步 |
[38:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[38:15] | That’s one word. | 可以这么说 |
[38:17] | So what do you need, babe? | 你需要什么 宝贝 |
[38:20] | You’re testifying to the grand jury tomorrow? | 你明天会去向大陪审团作证是吗 |
[38:22] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -没错 -好吧 |
[38:24] | You’re testifying against Diane? | 你要作对戴安不利的证明 |
[38:27] | No, I’m telling the truth. | 不 我只是要说出事实 |
[38:30] | Your alternative truth? | 你所挑选的事实 |
[38:32] | Yeah, Diane did a lot of legal work for the Fund. | 是的 戴安为基金提供了很多法律服务 |
[38:36] | Because she was your friend. | 因为她是你的朋友 |
[38:38] | No, because we paid her. | 不 是因为我们花钱雇了她 |
[38:41] | Is that why you had me get the Schtup list | 这就是你让我从贾克斯叔叔电脑里 |
[38:42] | from Uncle Jax’s computer? | 拿鬼混名单的原因吗 |
[38:45] | So that you could use it against Diane? | 这样你就能利用它对付戴安了 |
[38:47] | Make it look like she took a bribe? | 制造她收受贿赂的假象 |
[38:50] | No, so I would have some leverage. | 不 这样我就有了筹码 |
[38:53] | You betrayed her for a lighter sentence? | 你为了减刑就背叛了她 |
[38:56] | You won’t see any jail time, Mom won’t either. | 去坐牢的不是你 也不是你妈妈 |
[39:02] | And you? | 那你呢 |
[39:07] | I don’t want to die in prison, Maia. | 我不想死在监狱里 玛娅 |
[39:10] | I want a chance to see you have kids. | 我希望能有机会看到你生孩子 |
[39:11] | I want to hold my grandkids. | 我想抱抱我的外孙 |
[39:16] | What was the deal? | 协商结果是什么 |
[39:18] | Ten years. | 十年 |
[39:24] | Don’t testify against Diane. | 不要说对戴安不利的证词 |
[39:25] | What? I have to. | 什么 我不得不 |
[39:27] | No. Dad, if they’re offering ten years, | 不 爸爸 如果他们提议减到十年监禁 |
[39:29] | they must have a weak case. | 那他们的胜面肯定很小 |
[39:31] | It’s for you, too. | 这样做也是为了你 |
[39:38] | You do this, Dad, | 你要是这么做 爸爸 |
[39:41] | and if I ever have any kids, | 如果我以后有了孩子 |
[39:44] | you’ll never see them. | 你永远不会见到他们的 |
[39:50] | I’ll never let you see them. | 我永远不会让你见到他们 |
[40:17] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[40:26] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[40:28] | Okay, let’s wind this down. | 我们把本案审结吧 |
[40:31] | What do we have today? | 今天有什么情况 |
[40:32] | I just have one more witness, Your Honor. | 我还有一个证人 法官阁下 |
[40:34] | – Promise? | -你保证吗 |
[40:35] | I think so. Aren’t you having fun? | 是的 您不觉得有趣吗 |
[40:37] | We object to this witness, Your Honor. | 我方反对这位证人出庭 法官阁下 |
[40:40] | All alone again, are you, counselor? | 又是你一个人 是吗 律师 |
[40:42] | Yes, Mr. Kresteva thought it best to stay away | 是的 克里斯特瓦先生认为有这位证人在 |
[40:44] | given this next witness. | 他不在场会比较好 |
[40:46] | Now I am curious. | 那我就很好奇了 |
[40:47] | You know who this witness is? | 你们知道这位证人是谁 |
[40:49] | Yes, the subpoena was served this morning. | 是的 传票今早才送到 |
[40:51] | And I would like to reiterate my objection | 我想重申我对允许此人 |
[40:54] | to permitting this man to testify. | 出庭作证的反对意见 |
[40:57] | Ms. Quinn, for all her purported innocence, | 奎因女士 为了她所谓的无辜 |
[40:59] | seems hell-bent on compromising the integrity | 似乎在不顾一切地贬损司法系统 |
[41:01] | Your Honor, I have done nothing | 法官阁下 我没有做过任何 |
[41:02] | – of the judicial system. – of the sort. | -的正直性 -这样的事 |
[41:04] | My God, you people love to hear yourselves talk. | 天呐 你们这些人这么喜欢听自己说话吗 |
[41:08] | Call your witness. | 传唤你的证人吧 |
[41:10] | We call Henry Rindell. | 我们传唤亨利·林德尔 |
[41:12] | – Thank you. – Are you all right? | -谢谢 -你还好吗 |
[41:14] | No, not really. | 不太好 |
[41:17] | I wish I could tell you it’ll get easier. | 我很想能说事情会变好 |
[41:21] | I wish you could tell me that, too. | 我也希望您能如此对我说 |
[41:23] | I imagine this is someone who’s going to be testifying | 我猜这个人之后将会在 |
[41:25] | in front of the grand jury later? | 大陪审团面前作证 |
[41:26] | It is, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[41:27] | And I imagine you’re going to promise not to ask questions | 而且我猜你们会承诺不向他问 |
[41:31] | about what he’ll testify to? | 有关他会如何作证的问题 |
[41:33] | I’ll go even further, Your Honor. | 不止如此 法官阁下 |
[41:34] | I have just one question for this witness. | 我对证人只有一个问题 |
[41:36] | Any objections, counselor? | 要反对吗 律师 |
[41:38] | Well, that depends on the question, Your Honor. | 那要看是什么问题了 法官阁下 |
[41:40] | Quite the suspenseful moment. | 真是令人紧张的时刻 |
[41:41] | Please, proceed. | 请继续 |
[41:43] | Mr. Rindell… | 林德尔先生 |
[41:45] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[41:46] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[41:48] | What did Michael Kresteva offer you in exchange | 迈克·克里斯特瓦向你提供了什么交换条件 |
[41:51] | for your grand jury testimony? | 让你去大陪审团作证 |
[41:58] | What are you looking at him for? | 你看他干什么 |
[42:02] | I wasn’t sure of the question. | 我对这个问题不确定 |
[42:04] | Well, then, look at me. | 那就看着我 |
[42:05] | What did Michael Kresteva offer you in exchange | 迈克·克里斯特瓦向你提供了什么交换条件 |
[42:07] | for your grand jury testimony? | 让你去大陪审团作证 |
[42:17] | He said he would recommend to the judge | 他说他会向法官建议判我十年监禁 |
[42:19] | a sentence of ten years instead of life without parole. | 而非无假释的终身监禁 |
[42:25] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[42:31] | I had no idea of the plea deal. | 我对认罪协议毫不知情 |
[42:33] | No, I did not authorize it. | 不 我没有批准 |
[42:36] | Yes, Senator, I understand you lost money. | 是 参议员 我知道您的财产受损 |
[42:39] | I’ve got the Sun-Times on line one. | 我把「太阳时报」接到一号线了 |
[42:41] | Tell them no comment. | 告诉他们无可奉告 |
[42:43] | And Mike Kresteva’s here. | 迈克·克里斯特瓦来了 |
[42:44] | Have him come in and hold my calls. | 让他进来 让我的电话都等等 |
[42:54] | Yes. No. | 好的 不要 |
[43:01] | So that’s what that does. | 原来那开关是这么用的 |
[43:04] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[43:05] | What for? | 恭喜什么 |
[43:07] | I was just relieved of my duties. | 我刚刚被解职了 |
[43:09] | You’re kidding. | 真的吗 |
[43:10] | I mean, I’m sorry. | 我是说 我很遗憾 |
[43:13] | Here you go. Little present for you. | 给你 给你的小礼物 |
[43:15] | Oh, and I didn’t get you anything. | 我什么没给你准备 |
[43:16] | Yes, and let’s keep it that way. | 是的 那就这样吧 |
[43:19] | Well, I’m just happy it’s over. | 我很高兴这事结束了 |
[43:23] | That’s funny. | 有意思 |
[43:24] | What is? | 什么有意思 |
[43:25] | Oh, I just think it’s funny that you think this is over. | 我只是觉得好笑 你觉得这事结束了 |
[43:31] | Here you go. | 你继续 |
[43:40] | Ada. | 艾达 |
[43:52] | I owe you a thank you. | 我应该对你说谢谢 |
[43:53] | – No, you don’t. – I do. | -你不必 -不 我要道谢 |
[43:55] | You could have protected yourself… | 你本可以保护你自己 |
[43:56] | Please, don’t mention it. | 真的不用客气 |
[43:57] | And instead, you protected me. | 但你保护了我 |
[44:01] | You got me this job. | 你给了我这份工作 |
[44:04] | You deserved it. | 这是你应得的 |
[44:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:19] | Let’s get a drink. | 我们喝一杯吧 |
[44:22] | No. No, I… | 不了 我 |
[44:24] | I better get home and… | 我还是回家了 |
[44:29] | Sure. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[44:31] | Let’s get a drink. | 我们喝一杯吧 |