时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:30] | Any last-minute advice? | 最后一刻有什么忠告吗 |
[01:33] | Nope. | 没有 |
[01:34] | Just tell the truth. | 实话实说就好 |
[01:36] | Anything you admit here can’t be used against you, | 你在这儿说的话都不能用来控告你 |
[01:38] | – so take advantage of that. – Hmm. | -好好利用这点 -嗯 |
[01:43] | Was your first year anything like this? | 你当律师的第一年就像这样吗 |
[01:47] | No. | 不像 |
[01:49] | But my guess is my fourth year will be. | 但我想我的第四年应该就是这样了 |
[01:51] | Things are getting weirder. | 事情变得越来越诡异 |
[01:53] | They are, aren’t they? | 确实是 不是吗 |
[01:54] | It’s the world. | 这就是现实 |
[01:56] | You’re weathering it well. | 你应对得很好 |
[01:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:03] | You can go in now. | 你们可以进来了 |
[02:11] | Breathe and smile. | 深呼吸 保持微笑 |
[02:19] | Oh, come on! | 不是吧 |
[02:20] | I brought my client in for a voluntary interview, | 我当事人接受的是自愿面谈 |
[02:22] | not a group interrogation! | 不是小组审讯 |
[02:24] | That’s not for you. We’re in here. | 那和你们没关系 我们到里面 |
[02:28] | Come on, they won’t bite. | 进来吧 他们不咬人的 |
[02:31] | Let ’em through, guys. | 让她们过来 伙计们 |
[02:37] | Sorry, they’re painting in the hallway, | 抱歉 走廊正在进行粉刷 |
[02:39] | and, uh, the only way in is through the sixth degree room. | 来这里只能通过第六度空间 |
[02:41] | So, sorry about that. | 对此深表歉意 |
[02:44] | Hi, I’m Lucca Quinn. | 你好 我是卢卡·奎恩 |
[02:45] | – Hi. – This is my client, Maia Rindell. | -你好 -这是我当事人 玛娅·林德尔 |
[02:46] | Hi, yeah, I know, the NSA sent over some of your e-mails. | 我知道 国安局把你们通讯的邮件发过来了 |
[02:50] | That’s a joke. | 开个玩笑 |
[02:51] | I’m punchy today. | 我今天特精神 |
[02:52] | I’m Federal Agent Madeline Starkey. | 我是联邦探员马德琳·斯达克 |
[02:54] | And, uh, why don’t we have a seat and chat? | 我们还是坐着聊聊吧 |
[03:14] | – There you go. – Thank you. | -坐这里 -谢谢 |
[03:18] | I’m out of breath. | 我有点气喘 |
[03:22] | So, Maia, thank you so much for coming today. | 玛娅 非常感谢你今天能来 |
[03:24] | Um, we really appreciate your help with this investigation, | 我们很感激你能协助这次调查 |
[03:26] | I know this has not been easy on you. | 我知道这对你来说不容易 |
[03:29] | you understand Maia is here under the terms of the proffer | 你知道玛娅来这里是受到联邦检察院 |
[03:32] | from the U.S. Attorney’s Office? | 提出的供证协议保护吧 |
[03:33] | Absolutely, this is your Queen for a Day session, yes. | 当然 这是你们的「一日皇后会谈」 没错 |
[03:35] | Nothing my client says can be used against her. | 我当事人说的话都不能用来指控她 |
[03:37] | If she answers truthfully, | 如果她如实作答 |
[03:38] | that is correct and I know you will. | 是这样的 我知道你会这么做的 |
[03:40] | Because it’s a felony to lie to a, um, federal agent. | 因为向联邦探员说谎可是重罪 |
[03:45] | 18 usc 1001. | 「美国法典」第18编第1001条 |
[03:47] | Wow, that’s exactly right. | 完全正确 |
[03:48] | So, you understand that the proffer | 所以 那你清楚如果你说谎的话 |
[03:49] | doesn’t immunize you from perjury? | 本供证协议就作废 |
[03:51] | – I do. – Great. | -我知道 -那好 |
[03:52] | Good. So, here we are. | 好 那我们开始吧 |
[03:54] | Ooh, my gosh! | 天呐 |
[03:57] | You see what happened there? | 你看到刚刚那幕了吗 |
[03:58] | As the light hits the window, | 当阳光以某种特定方式 |
[03:59] | you know, in a particular way, | 洒向窗户时 |
[04:00] | the birds fly right into it. | 小鸟也会跟着撞上去 |
[04:03] | It’s sad, really. | 真是悲剧 |
[04:07] | Okay, um, I am going to take some notes, | 如果律师没有异议 |
[04:10] | if that’s all right with counsel? | 我得做些笔录 |
[04:11] | Go for it. | 没问题 |
[04:13] | Maia, let’s talk about your parents. | 玛娅 我们来谈谈你父母 |
[04:16] | How did this Ponzi scheme begin? | 这个庞氏骗局因何而起 |
[04:18] | Uh, Maia doesn’t know how this Ponzi scheme began. | 玛娅不知道这次庞氏骗局的起因 |
[04:21] | Oh, right, right. My apologies. | 对 对 是我的错 |
[04:24] | Um, let me be a little more discursive. | 那我表述范围再大些 |
[04:26] | Let’s look at this as: | 这样来说吧 |
[04:28] | Remembrance of Ponzi Schemes Past, huh? | 和庞氏骗局相关的记忆 |
[04:31] | And, um, anything that comes into your mind | 你想起任何关于 |
[04:34] | about your parents or your Uncle Jackson, | 与你父母或是贾克斯叔叔相关的 |
[04:37] | you just spill it, okay? | 都可以说出来 好吗 |
[04:38] | And I’ll just sit here and I’ll write it down. | 我就坐在这里 把这些记录下来 |
[04:50] | Diane, I need you. | 戴安 我需要你 |
[04:52] | We got a call from the courthouse. | 我们接到法院一通电话 |
[04:54] | Another brutality case. | 又是一桩暴力执法案 |
[04:55] | Now? | 现在 |
[04:57] | Guess who the cop is? | 猜猜涉案警察是谁 |
[04:58] | I’m bad at this, Adrian. | 我猜不到 阿德里安 |
[04:59] | Andrew Theroux. | 安德鲁·泰鲁 |
[05:02] | – Seriously? – Seriously. | -你当真吗 -千真万确 |
[05:05] | The case that brought us together, hmm? | 那桩促使我们联盟的案子 |
[05:06] | He stops a motorist for expired tags, | 他因过期车标拦下一名摩托车司机 |
[05:08] | kicks him in the head. | 踢了他的头 |
[05:10] | How do you know this? | 你怎么知道的 |
[05:12] | I have somebody down at County. | 我在县里安插了眼线 |
[05:13] | I pay him $300 if he gives me a heads-up on brutality cases. | 他每向我通报一件暴力执法事件就会拿到300美元 |
[05:17] | So we can get this dirty cop off the force once and for all. | 我们要把这个黑警永远地踢出警局 |
[05:23] | – Good mornin’. – Mornin’. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[05:25] | What do we got? | 有什么消息 |
[05:26] | This is one of the worst I’ve seen in a while. | 这是我近期见过的最恶劣事件之一 |
[05:28] | Anybody else seen him? | 有人来看他吗 |
[05:29] | Uh, the family members? Lawyers? Anybody? | 家人 律师 有吗 |
[05:32] | No. Theroux brought his load in last night. | 没有 泰鲁昨晚才把他弄进来 |
[05:34] | He’s all yours. | 他归你管 |
[05:36] | Good. | 好 |
[05:37] | Give us a half-hour with him. | 给我们半个小时 |
[05:39] | Are you my lawyers? | 你们是我的律师吗 |
[05:41] | We hope to be, Mr… | 但愿如此 您贵姓 |
[05:43] | Knutsen. Todd Knutsen. | 努特森 托德·努特森 |
[05:45] | Look, I didn’t do it. | 听我说 不是我干的 |
[05:47] | The cop just searched my car. | 那警察直接对我的车进行了搜查 |
[05:48] | When was this? | 什么时候 |
[05:49] | Last night, about midnight. | 昨晚 大概午夜时分 |
[05:51] | It looks like they, uh, cleaned up your injuries pretty good. | 看来他们把你伤口处理得不错 |
[05:55] | Wh-Where’d he kick you? | 他踢你哪里了 |
[05:58] | Should I say he kicked me? | 我应该说他踢我了吗 |
[06:02] | What are you in for, son? | 你是为何被抓进来的 孩子 |
[06:04] | Possession. | 私藏毒品 |
[06:05] | Guard! | 警卫 |
[06:07] | Ugh, where are the Handi Wipes? | 哪里有抹布 |
[06:10] | I need my Purell. | 我需要普瑞来洗手液 |
[06:12] | This is abuse. | 简直在虐待我 |
[06:15] | Oh, dear God. | 天呐 |
[06:16] | Diane Lockhart. | 戴安·洛克哈特 |
[06:19] | Ah… Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[06:20] | Did Alicia call you? | 艾丽西娅给你打电话了吗 |
[06:21] | She said she couldn’t take my case. | 她说她不能接我的案子 |
[06:24] | No. So you’re the brutality victim? | 没有 所以你才是暴力执法的受害者 |
[06:26] | Isn’t it terrible? | 这是不是糟透了 |
[06:27] | I… Look at this. Hmm? Hmm? | 我… 看这里 |
[06:30] | Do you have any idea how hard it is | 你知道把血渍从埃及棉面料 |
[06:31] | to get blood out of Egyptian cotton? | 清洗掉得有多难 |
[06:35] | Oh… And now no Purell. | 而且还没有普瑞来 |
[06:38] | I was driving down 290 | 我载着奈芙塔莉 |
[06:40] | around 2:00 in the morning with Naftali. | 凌晨两点驱车行驶在290公路上 |
[06:43] | – Who’s that? – A-A friend. | -她是谁 -一个朋友 |
[06:44] | Adventurous. Israeli. | 极具冒险精神 以色列人 |
[06:47] | Her father was a general. | 她父亲以前是将军 |
[06:48] | Don’t get her started on the Six-Day War. | 千万别和她提「六日战争」 |
[06:52] | She loves seeing me in pain. | 她就喜欢看我受苦 |
[06:55] | The bruises on your face. | 你脸上的淤伤 |
[06:57] | How do we know those aren’t from Naftali? | 我们怎么知道不是奈芙塔莉弄的 |
[06:59] | No. Naftali knows never to hit me in the face, | 不 奈芙塔莉绝不会对我的脸动手 |
[07:02] | only the back and the thighs. | 只有背部和大腿 |
[07:04] | So you have bruises on your back and your thighs? | 所以你背部和大腿都有淤伤吗 |
[07:07] | Mmm, slight bruises. | 很轻的淤伤 |
[07:09] | Mostly scratches. | 大部分是些抓痕 |
[07:11] | What that woman can do with the end of a paper clip… | 那女人单凭一根回形针就能让人欲仙欲死 |
[07:18] | I know. I’m not a good witness. | 我知道 我不是一名好的目击者 |
[07:21] | Talk to her… Naftali Amado. | 和她谈谈… 奈芙塔莉·阿马多 |
[07:24] | – She’ll say exactly what I said. – Okay. | -她和我的口径肯定一致 -好 |
[07:28] | They’re out to get me. | 他们逮捕我的方式 |
[07:30] | The same way they did with Rodney King. | 和对待罗德尼·金是如出一辙 |
[07:30] | 罗德尼·金:警方暴力执法的受害者 法院判决四名白人警察无罪 从而引发1992年洛杉矶暴动 | |
[07:33] | We’ve got a lot in common, he and I. | 我们有很多的共同点 他和我 |
[07:37] | Can’t we all just get along? | 我们怎么就不能和平相处呢 |
[07:42] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[07:44] | Oh, he’s the devil. | 他就是个恶魔 |
[07:46] | And unfortunately, the devil is our best chance | 不幸的是 这个恶魔是我们将泰鲁 |
[07:49] | to get Theroux kicked off the force. | 踢出警局的最好机会 |
[07:56] | I’m not sure how to start. | 我不知道从哪儿说起 |
[07:58] | Well, here, let-let’s try this. | 那不然这样吧 |
[07:59] | From our forensic accounting, | 根据法务会计的报告 |
[08:00] | the first criminal act… | 首次出现犯罪行为 |
[08:02] | the first one where new funds were used to pay off old debts… | 也即第一次使用新入资金来偿还原先债务 |
[08:06] | was September 15, 2008. | 时间是2008年9月15日 |
[08:09] | Any thoughts? | 想起什么了吗 |
[08:11] | That was a long time ago. | 这过去太久了 |
[08:13] | Um, 2008? | 2008年吗 |
[08:16] | I would have been 17. | 我那时17岁 |
[08:17] | And do you remember what you were doing that day? | 你记得那天你在做什么吗 |
[08:19] | I was probably in school. | 我大概在学校 |
[08:20] | Okay. Well, it was the day Lehman Brothers went bankrupt. | 好吧 那天雷曼兄弟破产了 |
[08:23] | Does that help? | 这能帮你回忆起什么吗 |
[08:25] | Breaking news. Stocks all around the globe are in a freefall at this point, | 突发新闻 全球股票进入暴跌状态 |
[08:29] | – because of the crisis of… – Holy God. | -危机产生于… -我的天呐 |
[08:31] | The Dow expected to open down over 300 points, | 道琼斯工业指数预计会下降300点 |
[08:35] | – as fears of… – Uh, God… What? | -恐慌的产生… -天呐 什么 |
[08:39] | Anything you remember could help. | 不管能想起什么都行 |
[08:42] | If you’re not sure of a memory, just say you’re not sure. | 如果你记不清 直说记不清就好 |
[08:48] | Oh, God. What…uh, uh, what are we gonna say? | 天呐 我们要怎么解释啊 |
[08:50] | – What am I gonna do? – Stop. Stop it! | -我要怎么办啊 -别慌 别这样 |
[08:52] | We just have to get Jax. | 我们得联系贾克斯 |
[08:53] | I-I’ve been all day making calls… | 我一整天都在打电话 |
[08:54] | Maia, do you recognize this name? | 玛娅 你记得这个名字吗 |
[08:58] | Michael Hannigan. | 迈克尔·汉尼根 |
[08:59] | He was an investor in your parent’s fund. | 他是你父母基金的一位投资人 |
[09:04] | – Yes. – And he was at your house on September 15? | -记得 -他9月15日那天在你家吗 |
[09:08] | – Yes. – Okay. | -没错 -好的 |
[09:09] | And your parents spoke with him? | 你父母和他说话了吗 |
[09:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:14] | Jax was there, too. | 贾克斯也在 |
[09:17] | Um, my Uncle Jax, he was there and-and spoke to him. | 我叔叔贾克斯也在 他们聊了会儿 |
[09:20] | To Hannigan? You’re sure? | 是和汉尼根吗 你确定吗 |
[09:23] | This is temporary, Mike. | 这只是暂时的 迈克尔 |
[09:25] | You pull your money out now, you’re out eight mil… | 你现在撤回投资 就损失了八百万… |
[09:27] | Yes. | 我确定 |
[09:29] | My mom, she, uh, uh, she called Jax | 我妈妈 她给贾克斯打了电话 |
[09:32] | and he came over to tell Mike Hannigan that | 他过来告诉迈克尔·汉尼根 |
[09:35] | if he pulled his money from the Fund, | 如果他现在从基金里撤回投资 |
[09:37] | then he would be out something like $8 million. | 他就可能会损失八百万 |
[09:41] | And the best course was to keep his money in. | 最好别把钱提出来 |
[09:44] | And what time did Jax come by? | 贾克斯是什么时候过来的 |
[09:48] | I was still doing my homework. | 我那时还在做作业 |
[09:50] | Uh, so… | 所以… |
[09:52] | probably about 4:00 in the afternoon. | 大约是下午四点左右 |
[09:54] | Okay. And how long was he there? | 好的 他呆了多久 |
[09:57] | I think two hours. | 我想大概是两小时 |
[09:59] | Because he was… he was gone before dinner. | 因为他 他晚饭前就走了 |
[10:02] | And you had dinner with your parents? | 你和你父母一起吃的晚饭吗 |
[10:05] | You can’t always be promising 12%. | 你不能永远保证说有12%的收益 |
[10:08] | Well, it’s not about what we prom… | 这和我们保证多少没关系 |
[10:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:12] | Good. Now, here’s the problem, Maia. | 好的 现在问题是这样的 玛娅 |
[10:15] | I have your mother’s computer calendar, and, uh… | 我有你母亲的电子日历 然后 |
[10:18] | If you’ll pardon me, I’m still a bit of a Luddite. | 抱歉 我还是有些卢德主义 |
[10:21] | I need it printed out, and, uh… | 我得把它们打印出来 |
[10:24] | “Luddite,” God, I hate that word, don’t you? | “卢德” 我真讨厌这个词 你呢 |
[10:27] | I don’t think I have an opinion. | 我对此没什么看法 |
[10:28] | It’s like “Meme.” It’s one of those words | 就像”模因”一样 就是这些词 |
[10:31] | that makes the English language so ugly. | 让英语显得这么丑陋 |
[10:33] | – The calendar. – Yes. So on this day, your mother | -说日历 -好的 你母亲在这天 |
[10:37] | says you had a gynecologist appointment at 3:00 p.m., | 记录说你在下午三点约了妇科医生 |
[10:41] | uh, with a Dr. Regina. | 和一个叫雷吉娜医生 |
[10:44] | So here’s the problem, | 那么问题来了 |
[10:45] | I’m not sure how you could have seen | 我不知道你是怎么看到 |
[10:47] | your Uncle Jax at your house at 4:00 p.m. | 你叔叔贾克斯在下午四点到你家的 |
[10:49] | when you were at a doctor’s appointment at 3:00 p.m. | 因为你在下午三点约了医生 |
[10:51] | Excuse me, you’re asking about something that happened nine years ago. | 容我打断一下 你问的可是九年前的事 |
[10:55] | Oh, I know. Look, I’m on your side in this. | 我知道 听着 我是站在你这边的 |
[10:57] | I know that memory can be faulty. | 我知道记忆可能会有偏差 |
[10:59] | I’m just trying to get to the truth. | 我只是试图找到真相而已 |
[11:07] | Maia. | 玛娅 |
[11:08] | Were you there at the doctor’s appointment? | 你有去医生那儿吗 |
[11:10] | I was. | 去了 |
[11:12] | Uh, maybe I-I saw Jax and Mr. Hannigan later. | 可能我是后来才看到贾克斯和汉尼根先生的 |
[11:15] | Or another day, maybe? | 或许是另一天的事 |
[11:16] | No. No, I don’t think so. | 不 我不这么认为 |
[11:18] | – It… it was on that day. – Well, here’s the problem. | -就在那天 -那问题来了 |
[11:21] | The distance between Dr. Regina’s office | 雷吉娜医生的办公室 |
[11:23] | and your house is 12.4 miles, | 和你家的距离是12.4英里 |
[11:25] | and it was very, very heavy traffic that day. | 那天路上还特别的堵 |
[11:27] | How do we know that? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[11:28] | My minions, my FBI minions. They know everything. | 我联调局的属下们 他们无所不知 |
[11:32] | And they give me hard copies. | 还给了我打印稿 |
[11:34] | So by the time you would get home with your mother | 那么你和你母亲回家的时候 |
[11:36] | it would have been 5:30. | 就已经五点半了 |
[11:38] | And your housekeeper said she served you dinner right at 5:30. | 你管家也说她是五点半给你端上的晚餐 |
[11:41] | What did Jax say? | 贾克斯怎么说的 |
[11:42] | Jax… says he was never at your house at all. | 贾克斯说他那天从没去过你家 |
[11:45] | That is not true. He was there. | 他在说谎 他去了 |
[11:46] | But you can’t remember when. | 但你记不清时间 |
[11:48] | No. No, but I… | 是的 但我… |
[11:50] | I remember that he was there. | 我记得他在那儿 |
[11:56] | You know, when I was, uh, about eight, | 大概在我八岁的时候 |
[12:00] | I was on Bozo’s Circus. | 我去看了「波索马戏团」 |
[12:02] | And, uh… you’re too young to remember this… | 你那时还没到记事的年纪 |
[12:03] | but it was a really big deal. | 但那时可是很出名的节目 |
[12:05] | I was sitting in the audience with my mom, | 我和妈妈坐在观众席里 |
[12:07] | and I was chosen for the grand prize game, | 我被抽中玩特等奖游戏 |
[12:09] | which is another very big deal. | 这更是大事件了 |
[12:11] | And I remember as I got that ball into bucket number six, | 我记得我把球投中了六号框 |
[12:14] | and the confetti was all over the place, | 到处都是彩屑 |
[12:17] | the crowd was roaring. | 观众在欢呼 |
[12:19] | And last year | 而到去年 |
[12:21] | my mother showed me some pictures from that day. | 我妈妈给我看了那天的照片 |
[12:24] | I wasn’t on the Bozo show. | 我没去看「波索马戏团」 |
[12:26] | My older sister was. | 是我姐姐去了 |
[12:28] | See, the mind has an odd way of turning | 你看 人的思维很奇异 |
[12:30] | wishful thinking into actual memories. | 能把美好想象变成真实记忆 |
[12:33] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[12:35] | I think we should take a pause there. | 我觉得我们得暂停一会儿 |
[12:36] | I want to confer with my client. | 我得和我的当事人商量下 |
[12:38] | Oh, absolutely. Please. And remember, | 没问题 请便 请记住 |
[12:39] | this is Queen for a Day, | 这是一日皇后会谈 |
[12:41] | so no gotcha questions here. | 问的问题都没有任何陷阱 |
[12:45] | Go around, go around! | 走那边 走那边 |
[12:47] | Painters. Sorry. | 油漆工在忙 抱歉 |
[12:48] | Uh, just go out that door. | 从那扇门出去 |
[12:49] | Door you came. | 你们来的那扇门 |
[12:54] | Uh, sorry. We’re just, uh… | 抱歉 我们只是… |
[12:57] | There’s just painters, so… | 那边油漆工不让过 所以… |
[13:04] | Okay, here’s my advice. | 好了 我的建议是 |
[13:05] | She is not your friend. She’s trying to catch you in lies. | 她不是你朋友 她想揪到你的谎言 |
[13:09] | – I’m not lying. – I understand. | -我没撒谎 -我明白的 |
[13:11] | I know you’re trying to protect your parents, | 我知道你想保护你父母 |
[13:13] | but she can see you’re doing that. | 但她知道你在试图这样做 |
[13:15] | So don’t talk about Jax being with Hannigan | 所以别说贾克斯和汉尼根碰面的事 |
[13:17] | unless you have a specific memory. | 除非你清楚记得是那样 |
[13:23] | I don’t want to hurt my dad. | 我不想害我爸爸 |
[13:25] | I know. | 我明白 |
[13:26] | But your proffer only covers you if you don’t lie. | 但供证协议的前提是你会说实话 |
[13:29] | If you lie to protect your dad, you might get him off, | 如果你为了保护父亲撒谎 他可能会脱罪 |
[13:32] | but you’ll end up in jail. | 但你会进监狱 |
[13:37] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[13:38] | The Honorable Don Linden presiding. | 有请尊敬的法官唐·林登 |
[13:45] | Uh, n-uh, no, Steve, I have it. | 不 史蒂夫 我能自己来 |
[13:52] | No. | 不用 |
[14:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:07] | Well, I guess I won that bet. | 我想这次我赌赢了 |
[14:10] | Mr. Sweeney, how nice of you to join us again. | 斯威尼先生又来了 这真是太好了 |
[14:14] | I am innocent man, Your Honor. | 我是无辜的 法官阁下 |
[14:16] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[14:17] | our client has very deep roots in his community… | 我们的当事人和这个社区有着很深的渊源 |
[14:21] | And a private jet on standby at O’Hare. | 在奥黑尔机场还有私人飞机 |
[14:23] | Okay, what is the charge? | 什么指控 |
[14:25] | – Resisting arrest. – Aggravated battery. | -拒捕 -严重伤害 |
[14:26] | No. Aggravated battery. | 不 严重伤害 |
[14:28] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[14:29] | Your Honor, this is a misdemeanor. | 法官阁下 这是轻罪 |
[14:31] | No, a felony. | 不 重罪 |
[14:32] | Now, Mr. Sweeney struck out at the officer, | 斯威尼先生殴打警官 |
[14:33] | striking him in the head and face. | 重击其头部和面部 |
[14:35] | This is gross overcharging. | 这简直是令人作呕的过度指控 |
[14:36] | – All lives matter. – Don’t get cute, sir. | -众生平等 -别卖乖 先生 |
[14:39] | Shut up, Colin. I’m finally on your side. | 闭嘴 科林 我好不容易站在你这边的 |
[14:41] | Your Honor, we ask that | 法官阁下 我们请求 |
[14:42] | Mr. Sweeney be released on his own recognizance. | 在斯威尼先生本人担保下将其释放 |
[14:45] | He’s a victim of overzealous prosecution. | 他是过分控告的受害者 |
[14:48] | He all but has a target on his back, Your Honor. | 他被人当成靶子了 法官阁下 |
[14:51] | Oh, gee, I wonder why. | 是吗 我想知道为什么 |
[14:53] | Bail is set at three million dollars. | 保释金定为三百万美元 |
[14:56] | Next. | 下一个 |
[14:57] | – Attica. Attica. – Shh. | -阿提卡 阿提卡 -嘘 |
[14:57] | 美国纽约监狱 1971年9月9日至13日阿提卡监狱曾发生犯人暴动 死43人 | |
[15:01] | You’re smiling. Why? | 你在笑 为什么 |
[15:04] | Felony aggravated battery against a police officer. | 对警官严重伤害的重罪 |
[15:09] | We can put Theroux on the stand? | 我们可以让泰鲁上证人席吗 |
[15:12] | Yup. | 当然 |
[15:13] | If they kept it a misdemeanor, we couldn’t. | 如果他们指控轻罪的话 我们就不能 |
[15:16] | So Colin Sweeney is gonna do his one good deed: | 科林·斯威尼终于要做件好事了 |
[15:19] | get a dirty cop kicked off the force. | 把坏条子从警察队伍中踢出去 |
[15:29] | Yup, you missed an entire flock. | 是的 你们错过了一整个鸟群 |
[15:32] | Did you two get everything settled? | 你们两个把要解决的事情都解决好了吗 |
[15:33] | There was nothing to settle. | 没什么要解决的 |
[15:35] | But we talked. And we’re back. | 但是我们谈了谈 然后我们回来了 |
[15:37] | Good. Good, good, good. | 好 很好 很好 |
[15:38] | So, Maia, I want you to take a look at your mother’s calendar, okay? | 玛娅 我想让你看看你母亲的行程表 |
[15:42] | I think you’ll see that | 你会看到 |
[15:43] | you two have a few appointments listed over the years, | 列出了过去的几年里你们两人的会面 |
[15:45] | and not just the gyno. See? | 而且不止是妇科检查 看到了吗 |
[15:51] | For example, on October 3 you had another appointment | 比如 10月3日那天你有另一个约会 |
[15:53] | with Dr. Regina. And, uh, | 跟雷吉娜医生 还有 |
[15:55] | then, on October 23 | 然后 10月23日 |
[15:57] | you went with your mother to her dental checkup. | 你陪你母亲一起去检查了牙齿 |
[15:58] | 23日 玛娅牙科检查 上午十点 | |
[15:59] | And then on November 4, the two of you went to see a movie. | 然后11月4日 你俩去看了电影 |
[16:03] | Do you remember what you saw? | 你还记得看的是什么吗 |
[16:04] | – No. – Yeah, well, why don’t you take a good look at that and, | -不记得 -你好好看一下 |
[16:07] | put a check mark next to the ones that you remember. | 在你记得的那些旁边打个勾 |
[16:14] | Well, the worry is not STD… | 我担心的不是性病 |
[16:18] | 2008年10月 3日 玛娅的妇科检查 下午三点 雷吉娜医生 | |
[16:18] | Maia has a boyfr… | 玛娅有个男朋友 |
[16:22] | 19日 玛娅的妇科检查 下午三点半 瑞吉娜医生 | |
[16:22] | What can I do to help, doct… | 医生 我能做些什么呢 |
[16:25] | 17日 玛娅妇科检查 下午三点半 雷吉娜医生 | |
[16:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:29] | So you and your mom were together at these times? | 所以这几次你都跟你妈在一起 |
[16:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:33] | As far as I remember, yes. | 我记得是这样的 |
[16:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:38] | Well, here’s the problem… | 有个问题 |
[16:39] | It would be easier if you would just | 如果有问题的时候 |
[16:41] | tell us a problem before there is a problem. | 你提前告诉我们会好一些 |
[16:43] | Your mother wasn’t with you at these appointments. | 你母亲这几次并没有跟你在一起 |
[16:46] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[16:47] | That’s when she was off sleeping with your Uncle Jax. | 那是她开溜跟你叔叔贾克斯滚床单的日子 |
[16:52] | She used as an excuse these appointments in her calendar | 她在行程表上把这些预约当做借口 |
[16:56] | so she could meet with your Uncle Jax at his home. | 这样她就能跟你叔叔贾克斯在他家约会了 |
[16:58] | Maia had no way to know that. | 玛娅根本没有可能知道的 |
[17:00] | Yes, but just because her mother has it in her calendar | 是的 就是因为她母亲写进行程表里的 |
[17:02] | doesn’t mean it’s true. | 并不一定就是真的 |
[17:03] | And Maia shouldn’t confirm it | 如果不是事实的话 |
[17:05] | if it’s not true. | 玛娅就不应该确认 |
[17:10] | Some of those dates are true. | 其中的一些日期是真的 |
[17:11] | None of these dates are true, Maia. | 没有一个是真的 玛娅 |
[17:13] | Every two weeks, | 每两周 |
[17:15] | your mother met with your Uncle Jax at his home. | 你母亲都会和你叔叔贾克斯在他家约会 |
[17:18] | Since 2008. | 从2008年开始 |
[17:27] | Is it possible that your mother is working | 有没有可能你母亲跟你叔叔联手 |
[17:29] | with your Uncle Jax to set up your Dad? | 陷害你的父亲呢 |
[17:32] | My client cannot answer that. | 我的当事人无法回答 |
[17:33] | ‘Cause here’s the problem, Maia. | 这就是问题 玛娅 |
[17:36] | You were used as a cover | 这几年来 |
[17:37] | so your mother could sleep with your uncle for several years. | 你都被你母亲当做跟你叔叔鬼混的借口 |
[17:40] | And you didn’t suspect anything? | 而你从未起过任何疑心 |
[17:46] | – No. – Okay. | -没有 -好的 |
[17:48] | And in that same time frame, | 与此同时 |
[17:50] | did you ever suspect your parents of their Ponzi scheme? | 你怀疑过你父母的庞氏骗局吗 |
[17:52] | I think we should take a break for lunch at this point. | 我觉得我们这会儿应该午休一下 |
[17:54] | – I’d like to go for a few more hours. – No. | -我想继续问几个小时 -不行 |
[17:57] | Let’s take a break. | 我们休息一下 |
[17:59] | Sure. If you insist. | 好吧 如果你们执意如此 |
[18:19] | Nat, you need to get some sleep. | 纳特 你应该去补补觉 |
[18:20] | Yeah, what do you think I’m doing? | 是啊 你以为我在干什么 |
[18:22] | We have another client who was brutalized by a cop. | 我们又有一个被警察暴力执法的当事人了 |
[18:26] | You do know I work for COPA, | 你们知道我是给平民警察问责办公室工作的 |
[18:28] | – not for you? – Civilian Office of Police Accountability. | -而不是给你们卖命的 -平民警察问责办公室 |
[18:32] | Just in case you haven’t noticed, we are civilians. | 就怕你没意识到 我们就是平民 |
[18:35] | You’re not civilians, you’re parasites. | 你们不是平民 你们是寄生虫 |
[18:37] | It was during a routine traffic stop, Nat. | 纳特 当时在例行交通管制期间 |
[18:40] | You’ll want to write this down. | 你最好还是拿笔记下来 |
[18:41] | Guess who the cop is? | 你猜警察是谁 |
[18:44] | Andrew Theroux. | 安德鲁·泰鲁 |
[18:46] | And when-when was this? | 什么时候的事 |
[18:48] | Last night. | 昨晚 |
[18:49] | – You’re bringing a suit? – Yup. | -你们要起诉吗 -是的 |
[18:51] | – Another six million. – Who’s the victim? | -再告六百万 -受害者是谁 |
[18:54] | All right, every citizen deserves equal protection under the law. | 每个市民都享有同等的受法律保护的权利吧 |
[18:57] | – Who’s the victim? – Give him a chance. | -受害者是谁 -给他个机会 |
[18:58] | – He hasn’t done anything wrong. – Adrian. | -他并没做错什么 -阿德里安 |
[19:03] | Colin Sweeney. | 科林·斯威尼 |
[19:06] | All right. Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[19:08] | The cops have been following this guy around, | 这些警察一直跟着人家屁股后面 |
[19:10] | looking for some kind of payback. | 想找借口报复 |
[19:14] | He dragged him out of the car | 他把他拽出车外 |
[19:16] | and kicked him in the head. | 踢了他的头 |
[19:18] | COPA has to investigate. | 平民警察问责办公室得调查 |
[19:20] | Now, you know it’s not about Sweeney, | 在这事上科林·斯威尼不是重点 |
[19:21] | it’s about getting this piece of shit off the force. Come on. | 关键是要把这混蛋踢出去警队 来吧 |
[19:24] | Come to court. We’re gonna put Theroux on the stand. – | 来上庭 我们让泰鲁上证人席 |
[19:27] | All I want is an open mind. | 我就是不想要有成见 |
[19:29] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[19:33] | That was Internal Affairs? That was COPA. | 是内务部吗 是平民警察问责办公室 |
[19:36] | And they’re not gonna investigate. | 而且他们不会调查的 |
[19:37] | Destroy Theroux on the stand. | 在证人席上把泰鲁问垮 |
[19:41] | He’ll be back. | 他会回来的 |
[19:43] | At first he was agitated, then he got belligerent. | 一开始他情绪激动 后来他就开始动手了 |
[19:46] | It seemed to me that he was on drugs. | 在我看来他像是嗑药了 |
[19:48] | I haven’t used drugs in 20 years. | 我都二十年没嗑过药了 |
[19:50] | Whisper quieter, Mr. Sweeney. | 小点声嘀咕 斯威尼先生 |
[19:52] | – I can hear you up here. – Sorry, Your Honor. | -我在这都能听见 -对不起法官阁下 |
[19:55] | I think my eardrum is damaged | 我估计昨晚警官打我的时候 |
[19:56] | from when the officer hit me last night. | 我的耳膜可能受损了 |
[19:58] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[19:59] | Sustained. Shut up, Mr. Sweeney. | 反对有效 闭嘴 斯威尼先生 |
[20:02] | And how did you react to his struggle, officer? | 对于他的反抗 你是如何反应的呢 警官 |
[20:05] | I tried to use only as much force as was necessary | 我尽量只用必要的力量 |
[20:07] | to gain his compliance. | 使他屈服 |
[20:08] | Unfortunately, he chose to attack me, | 不幸的是 他攻击我 |
[20:11] | and, I’m sorry to say, | 很遗憾地说 |
[20:13] | – did some damage. – These bruises here and here? | -造成了一些损伤 -这里和这里的瘀伤吗 |
[20:15] | – Yes, sir. – If I did that, don’t you think | -是的 先生 -如果是我干的 |
[20:17] | I’d have some marks on my hands? | 你不觉得我手上应该有痕迹吗 |
[20:18] | Also cuts inside my mouth | 还有我嘴里的伤口 |
[20:19] | My doctor believes I’ll need to have some corrective surgery | 我的医生认为我需要进行一些矫正手术 |
[20:22] | in order to reset my teeth. | 来重新排齐我的牙齿 |
[20:23] | Jay. It’s Diane. | 杰 是我 黛安 |
[20:25] | I just forwarded you a picture of Theroux’s injuries. | 我刚给你转了一张泰鲁伤口的照片 |
[20:28] | I never thought I’d say this, but I think there’s a chance | 我都没想到过要说这个 但是我认为 |
[20:31] | Colin Sweeney is telling the truth. | 科林·斯威尼有可能说的是实话 |
[20:36] | 常用联系人 艾米 艾米办公室 爸爸 妈妈 | |
[20:41] | Maia. We’re back in. | 玛娅 我们该进去了 |
[20:47] | Well, I hope you both had a nice lunch. | 希望你们都享用了美妙的午餐 |
[20:49] | I’d like to keep this under three hours. – | 我希望这次调查能控制在三个小时之内 |
[20:51] | Certainly. See’s? | 没问题 吃吗 |
[20:53] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[20:54] | – See’s? – No. | -吃吗 -不了 |
[20:55] | My husband picked out all the good stuff | 我老公把好吃的都捡了出来 |
[20:57] | and sent me to work with the coconuts. | 就给我留了点椰子味的带来上班吃 |
[20:59] | What’s your husband’s name? | 你老公叫什么名字 |
[21:01] | Michael… son. Why? | 迈克尔 森 怎么了 |
[21:03] | How long have you two been married? | 你们结婚多久了 |
[21:10] | I googled you over lunch. | 我吃午饭时用谷歌搜了你 |
[21:13] | You’re not married. | 你没有结婚 |
[21:18] | You got me. | 被你发现了 |
[21:21] | You were also instrumental in the convictions | 你还协助定了 |
[21:23] | of Blagojevich and George Ryan. | 布拉戈耶维奇和乔治·赖安的罪 |
[21:26] | Did the folksy thing work on them, too? | 这样示好对他们也起作用了吗 |
[21:36] | Well, there was one lawyer, uh, in one of the cases… | 以前有一位律师 我负责案子的律师… |
[21:39] | and I’m not gonna say who… | 我不会指名道姓 |
[21:40] | we weren’t interested in his client. | 我们对他的客户没有兴趣 |
[21:42] | We only asked him to come in for a how-do-you-do meeting. | 我们只要求他前来做一次惯例询问 |
[21:45] | but this lawyer was so aggressive | 但这位律师非常咄咄逼人 |
[21:48] | and so suspicious that we decided | 疑心很重 于是我们就决定 |
[21:51] | to probe further into his client. | 进一步调查他的客户 |
[21:53] | And that client is now in prison. | 而现在他的客户进了监狱 |
[21:56] | – Sweet story. – Well, it’s a true one. | -很好的故事 -真人真事 |
[21:58] | Are you advising me – not to represent my client? | 你是在建议我 不要代表我的客户吗 |
[22:00] | Oh, far from it. | 我完全没有这个意思 |
[22:02] | I think it would benefit both of us | 我觉得如果玛娅能说出她知道的所有事情 |
[22:03] | if Maia were to offer all she knows. | 对我们都有利 |
[22:06] | Undiluted. | 毫无保留 |
[22:09] | What do you need, Ms. Starkey? | 你想知道什么 斯达克女士 |
[22:11] | Well, I’d like to turn to the foundation. | 我想谈谈这个基金 |
[22:13] | The… the Rindell Foundation. | 林德尔基金 |
[22:19] | You’re one of three board members? | 你是三个董事会成员之一吗 |
[22:21] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[22:22] | And you… | 你… |
[22:25] | When was the last time the board met? | 上一次董事会是什么时候 |
[22:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:29] | a few years ago? | 几年前吧 |
[22:30] | If you have the answer you can just tell her. | 如果你已经知道了请直接告诉她 |
[22:34] | I think the last board meeting | 我觉得最后一次董事会 |
[22:37] | and only board meeting | 也是仅有的一次董事会 |
[22:38] | was June 18, 2011. | 是在2011年6月18日 |
[22:40] | Do you know of any other dates? Any more meetings? | 据你所知在其它时间还开过董事会吗 |
[22:42] | – No. – Okay. That doesn’t bother you? | -没有了 -好吧 你不觉得奇怪吗 |
[22:44] | – Tell me what you mean. – Well, it’s a foundation | -请告诉我你是什么意思 -这个基金 |
[22:46] | with $65 million in assets… | 资产达到了6500万美元… |
[22:50] | and you only met once? | 而你们只开过一次会 |
[22:54] | Well, the foundation wasn’t my idea. | 建立这个基金并不是我的意思 |
[22:58] | – It was… It was your parents, yeah. | -是… -是你父母的主意 是的 |
[23:00] | Yes, but it was for a good cause. | 是的 而且是做善事的 |
[23:03] | For malaria prevention in Africa. | 为了非洲的疟疾预防 |
[23:05] | Oh, and how much did you spend on prevention? | 那你们在预防疟疾上投入了多少资金 |
[23:10] | Yeah, but… | 是的 但是… |
[23:11] | I just want to know how much we’re sending. | 我就是想知道我们给他们送了多少钱 |
[23:13] | Honey. You know, it’s a lot, uh, honey. | 亲爱的 你知道 挺多钱的 亲爱的 |
[23:16] | I mean, we’re not skimping. | 我们不会克扣的 |
[23:21] | – I don’t know. – Oh, well, that’s okay, Maia. | -我不知道 -没关系 玛娅 |
[23:23] | You were a figurehead. That’s not a bad thing. | 你只是有名无实 这不是件坏事 |
[23:25] | You’re not in trouble. | 你不会有麻烦的 |
[23:28] | Yeah, but Dad, I mean, it’s got my name on it. | 但是爸 基金有我的名字 |
[23:30] | I have to know. | 我有权知道 |
[23:33] | Okay, I’ll-I’ll have Jax open the books to you. | 好吧 我让贾克斯把账目给你看 |
[23:36] | Just give us a few weeks. | 给我们几个星期时间 |
[23:37] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[23:39] | Do you need a moment? | 你需要休息一会儿吗 |
[23:42] | No. | 不用了 |
[23:44] | So let’s talk about the day the foundation was formed. | 那我们就来谈谈基金成立的日期吧 |
[23:49] | – Did you get it? – Right here. | -搞到了吗 -就是这个 |
[23:50] | – Affidavits? – Here. | -书面陈述呢 -在这里 |
[23:52] | You just saved his ass. Thank you, Jay. | 你刚救了他一命 很感谢 杰 |
[23:57] | Good to know. | 很好 |
[24:02] | Hello, Officer Theroux. | 你好 泰鲁警官 |
[24:03] | Hello. | 你好 |
[24:04] | This is a familiar spot for you… | 你之前也在这里 |
[24:06] | being questioned about police brutality. | 接受了关于警察施暴案的询问 |
[24:08] | Objection. Argumentative. And rude. | 反对 诱导性问题 非常无理 |
[24:10] | Sustained to the first. | 第一项反对有效 |
[24:12] | Overruled to the second. | 第二项反对无效 |
[24:15] | Officer, do you work out at Savoy’s Gym? | 警官 你是在萨沃伊健身馆锻炼吗 |
[24:19] | Yes, why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[24:20] | Do you recall yesterday afternoon sparring | 你记得昨天下午曾与一位名叫 |
[24:22] | with a 19-year-old welterweight | 赫克托·佩拉萨的19岁的 |
[24:25] | named Hector Peraza | 次中量级拳击手过招吗 |
[24:27] | who, according to eyewitnesses, | 根据一位目击证人的证词 |
[24:29] | – knocked you out? – That’s bullshit… | -他曾打败过你 -胡说八道… |
[24:31] | he didn’t knock me out. | 他没打败我 |
[24:32] | My apologies. But you sparred with him? | 抱歉 但你与他打过拳击吗 |
[24:34] | Yeah, I held my own. | 是的 我坚持到了最后 |
[24:36] | And this was before – you went on duty? | 这是在你值班之前的事吗 |
[24:38] | Yes. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[24:39] | Well, isn’t it possible that these bruises here are the result | 那有没有可能 你脸上的淤青 |
[24:43] | of punches thrown by Hector Peraza? | 是由赫克托·佩拉萨造成的 |
[24:45] | – No. – Well, these are photos | -不是 -好吧 这些的你嘴巴内部的 |
[24:47] | of cuts and lacerations inside your mouth, | 切割和撕裂伤口的照片 |
[24:51] | – Officer Theroux. – Objection. Not in evidence. | -泰鲁警官 -反对 不在证据列表中 |
[24:53] | These are police photos, Your Honor. | 这些是警方的照片 法官阁下 |
[24:55] | We didn’t take them. | 不是我们拍的 |
[24:56] | Unless you want to throw out all your photos, | 除非你想把你们所有的照片都剔除出去 |
[24:58] | Mr. ASA, overruled. | 助理检察官先生 反对无效 |
[25:01] | Do you see these lacerations, Officer Theroux? | 你看见这些伤口了吗 泰鲁警官 |
[25:04] | Those lacerations are in the same shape as this. | 这些撕裂伤和这东西的形状相符 |
[25:10] | The mouth guard at Savoy’s Gym. | 萨沃伊健身馆的护口器 |
[25:18] | You guys are good. | 你们太厉害了 |
[25:27] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[25:31] | *Happy birthday to you…* | *祝你生日快乐…* |
[25:34] | So this was your 18th birthday? | 是你18岁的生日吗 |
[25:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:38] | And that’s when your parents gifted you the Rindell Foundation? | 你父母就是在那个时候将林德尔基金送给你的 |
[25:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:43] | My parents, they-they knew I was interested in Africa. | 我爸妈 他们知道我对非洲很感兴趣 |
[25:47] | I had read that malaria kills one million kids a year | 我听说疟疾一年能夺去一百万个孩子的生命 |
[25:50] | and that it could be prevented with mosquito netting. | 而蚊帐就能阻止这种疾病蔓延 |
[25:55] | So they wanted me to run an effort to pay for the netting | 所以他们想我为资助非洲百分之六十的孩子 |
[25:58] | for 60% of African children. | 买蚊帐出一份力 |
[26:02] | Well, that is a good cause, | 确实目的很崇高 |
[26:03] | and thank you so much for doing that. | 非常感谢你的善举 |
[26:06] | Can I ask you who else was at your party? | 我能问一下还有谁参加了那场聚会吗 |
[26:09] | A lot of people. | 很多人 |
[26:10] | How ’bout your girlfriend, uh, Amy Breslin? | 你的女朋友呢 艾米·布雷斯林 |
[26:16] | Yes, she was there. | 是的 她也在 |
[26:18] | But she wasn’t my girlfriend at the time. | 但她当时不是我的女朋友 |
[26:21] | Uncle Jax introduced us. | 是贾克斯叔叔介绍我们认识的 |
[26:23] | She was just entering law school. | 她当时刚进法学院 |
[26:25] | And your boyfriend was there, too? | 你男朋友也在吗 |
[26:32] | I have to get back. | 我得回去了 |
[26:34] | Maia, was he there? | 玛娅 他在场吗 |
[26:37] | – Yes. – Okay. | -是的 -好的 |
[26:38] | Well, that’s not complicated. | 并没有很复杂 |
[26:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:42] | And Diane Lockhart, was she there? | 还有戴安·洛哈特 她在吗 |
[26:49] | Yes, she was there, too. | 是的 她也在 |
[26:53] | You sure you don’t want one? They’re delicious. | 你确定不想来一块吗 很好吃的 |
[26:55] | From your husband? | 你老公送的吗 |
[26:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:58] | Now, did you hear Ms. Lockhart offer any legal advice | 现在你听见过洛哈特女士有给你的父母 |
[27:01] | to your parents? | 任何法律建议吗 |
[27:02] | Okay, I’m gonna stop you right there. | 好了 我要你就此打住 |
[27:04] | This is not material covered by the proffer. | 这些内容不在供证协议的范围中 |
[27:05] | Well, anything that has to do with the Ponzi scheme | 所有与庞氏骗局有关的事情 |
[27:07] | is covered by the proffer. | 都涵盖在了这份供证协议中 |
[27:08] | Hearsay conversations which, in fact, | 受到律师与当事人的保密特权保护的 |
[27:11] | may be subject to attorney-client privilege are not… | 传闻证据对话内容 不能… |
[27:13] | Actually, my current case is a homicide. | 我现在手头的案子是个谋杀案 |
[27:16] | My client is accused of killing a mutual fund manager | 我的客户被指控杀死了一位 |
[27:19] | who worked with Bernie Madoff. | 与伯尼·麦道夫共事的互惠基金经理 |
[27:21] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[27:23] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[27:24] | Bernie? No. | 伯尼 不认识 |
[27:26] | Do we, Lenore? | 我们认识他吗 丽诺 |
[27:27] | Maybe Jax… I don’t know. | 也许贾克斯认识吧 我不知道 |
[27:28] | All I’m asking is if she has a memory. If she doesn’t, | 我想问的只是她有没有印象 如果她没有 |
[27:31] | – we can move on… – That’s not what I’m saying… | -我们可以继续 -我想说的不是这个 |
[27:34] | I have to get back. | 我得回去了 |
[27:40] | – Call me. – Wait, wait, wait. | -打电话给我 -等等 |
[27:42] | All I’m saying is if she has a memory, | 我想说的只是如果她有印象 |
[27:42] | This is a fishing expedition on your part. | 你这是在进行钓鱼式盘问 |
[27:45] | – I will hear it, or we’ll… – You are digging. | -我会听的 不然我们 -你在刨根问底 |
[27:46] | – No, no, no, no… – Lenore, do you think that Ruth Madoff knew | -不不不 -丽诺 你觉得露丝·麦道夫 |
[27:49] | what her husband was doing? | 知道她丈夫在做什么吗 |
[27:54] | No. Why? | 我觉得不知道 为什么这么问 |
[27:56] | See, I think she didn’t know because she didn’t want to know. | 是这样的 我觉得她不知道是因为她不想知道 |
[27:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:01] | How could she not know? | 她怎么会不知道呢 |
[28:02] | – …I will hear it, or we’ll… – You are digging. | -我会听的 不然我们 -你在刨根问底 |
[28:04] | No, no, no, no, no. Hold on. Just a sec. | 不不不不 打住 等一下 |
[28:07] | Here’s the problem, Ms. Quinn… | 问题是这样的 奎因女士 |
[28:08] | We have a lot of problems here, don’t we? | 我们手上有一大堆问题不是吗 |
[28:10] | …these foundation documents were signed by Maia. | 这些基金会的文件是玛娅签署的 |
[28:13] | And she signed them, she just admitted, | 她不仅签了字 而且如她刚刚所承认的 |
[28:15] | on the night of her birthday party, her 18th birthday. | 她是在她18岁生日当晚签的字 |
[28:18] | So she is responsible | 所以她对这个基金会 |
[28:20] | for any crimes committed by this foundation. | 产生的所有违法行为负有法律责任 |
[28:22] | Our proffer is about Maia’s involvement with this fund, | 我们的供证协议是基于玛娅和基金会的关联 |
[28:25] | not Diane Lockhart’s advice… | 而不是戴安·洛哈特的建议 |
[28:27] | I hate to be the bad guy here, | 我不想做坏人 |
[28:28] | but millions of dollars were being parked into that foundation | 但是数百万美元的资金驻留在那个基金会中 |
[28:32] | to hide them from an SEC audit. | 以躲避证监会的审计 |
[28:34] | That is a felony crime. | 这可是重罪 |
[28:37] | Now, unless Maia tells us about Diane Lockhart’s advice | 那么现在 除非玛娅告诉我们戴安·洛哈特 |
[28:40] | to her parents, we will stop this questioning now | 给了她父母什么建议 不然我们现在就停止盘问 |
[28:45] | and prosecute. | 并对她提起指控 |
[28:48] | I need to be 18 for those documents to be official? | 我需要年满18岁才能让那些文件生效对吗 |
[28:52] | Yes. And you were. | 是的 而你当时年满18了 |
[28:54] | You signed them on your 18th birthday. | 你在18岁生日当天签的这些协议 |
[28:56] | We had my birthday party on a Saturday, | 我的18岁生日派对是周六举行的 |
[28:59] | and I didn’t turn 18 until the following Tuesday. | 直到下个周二我才年满18岁 |
[29:13] | Come on. | 不是吧 |
[29:17] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[29:18] | maybe I will have one of those candies. | 也许我是该尝一颗糖 |
[29:22] | Nice try, Agent. | 手段不错 探员 |
[29:24] | Is this the kind of finesse you used on Blagojevich? | 你当时对付布拉戈耶维奇也是用的这个手段吗 |
[29:39] | Nice, Maia. | 干得漂亮 玛娅 |
[29:40] | Lucky. | 只是运气好 |
[29:41] | No, I’ve seen lucky. | 不 我见过什么叫走好运 |
[29:43] | That was smart. | 刚刚那叫聪明 |
[29:54] | I have another witness, Your Honor. | 我方还要传唤一位证人 法官阁下 |
[29:56] | Naftali Amado. | 奈芙塔莉·阿马多 |
[29:59] | I thought you said she was on your side. | 我以为你说她是站在你们这边的 |
[30:01] | She is. | 她是站在我们这边 |
[30:03] | She was. | 她曾站在我们这边 |
[30:05] | Naftali. | 奈芙塔莉 |
[30:08] | Hello, Ms. Amado. | 你好 阿马多女士 |
[30:09] | Hello, man. | 你好 汉子 |
[30:12] | You were with Mr. Sweeney when his car was pulled over, | 斯威尼先生被叫住靠边停车的时候你在他车上 |
[30:14] | – isn’t that correct? – Ken. | -对吗 -是的 |
[30:16] | We speak English here. | 我们在法庭上说英语 |
[30:18] | – Yes. – Hebrew makes me so hot. | -是的 -希伯来语太让我兴奋了 |
[30:20] | And what happened after you were pulled over? | 你们被叫住靠边停车后发生了什么 |
[30:22] | The policeman, he comes over to us. | 那位警官 他走向我们 |
[30:25] | He says, uh, we need to show the… | 他说 我们需要出示 |
[30:30] | the, um, | 那个什么 |
[30:31] | – uh, lice? – License? | -驾 -驾照 |
[30:33] | Yes. But, uh, Mr. Sweeney | 对 但是斯威尼先生 |
[30:35] | is very, very hot. | 当时脾气非常火爆[性感] |
[30:40] | He gets out of the car, | 他下车 |
[30:42] | punches the policeman. | 打了那位警官 |
[30:45] | That is outrageous. | 真是岂有此理 |
[30:47] | You are outrageous. | 你才是岂有此理 |
[30:49] | – You… – You sit back down. | -你 -你给我坐下 |
[30:51] | Excuse me, ma’am. That is my job. | 抱歉 女士 我来说就好 |
[30:53] | Please, Mr. Sweeney. | 请保持克制 斯威尼先生 |
[30:55] | Any more questions, Counselor? | 还有别的问题吗 律师 |
[30:56] | Nothing further. | 没有了 |
[31:07] | Painting’s done. You can come in this way now. | 粉刷完成了 你们可以从这边进来了 |
[31:12] | Here you go. | 这边请 |
[31:13] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[31:17] | I’d like to apologize for the uncomfortable mess… | 我想先为之前的 |
[31:21] | …earlier this afternoon. | 不愉快道歉 |
[31:23] | It was all on me. My bad. I’m sorry. | 都怪我 我的错 抱歉 |
[31:25] | I don’t want things to be tense between us. | 我不想让我们之间剑拔弩张 |
[31:28] | – We don’t either. – Good. | -我们也不想 -很好 |
[31:29] | So we’re friends again? | 那么我们重归于好了吗 |
[31:31] | – Sure. – Okay. Good. | -当然 -好的 很好 |
[31:33] | Maia, um, let’s talk about when you did become aware | 玛娅 我们来聊聊你是什么时候得知 |
[31:37] | of the Ponzi scheme. | 这场庞氏骗局的 |
[31:38] | You said it was when the press reported on it. | 你说是媒体报道时你才得知的 |
[31:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:43] | And not before? | 而不是在此之前 |
[31:45] | That is correct. | 完全正确 |
[31:46] | You graduated from law school in 2016, right? | 你是2016年从法学院毕业的 对吗 |
[31:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:49] | Was it a big day? | 那天是不是个大日子 |
[31:51] | I don’t understand. | 我不太明白你的意思 |
[31:53] | Well, there was a celebration at your parents’ house. | 当天在你父母家有个庆祝会 |
[31:55] | To a fantastic year. | 敬美妙的一年 |
[32:00] | Yes, there was. | 是的 确实有 |
[32:02] | Your parents were there? | 你父母在场吗 |
[32:03] | Amy’s parents were there? | 艾米的父母当时在场吗 |
[32:06] | Thank you for being here. Oh, Maia… | 谢谢你们能来 玛娅 |
[32:10] | Yes, Sam and Connie. | 是的 山姆和康妮 |
[32:11] | Okay. Sam and Connie. | 好的 山姆和康妮 |
[32:13] | Now, were you living with Amy, uh, | 你当时从法学院 |
[32:15] | at the time when you graduated from law school? | 毕业之时和艾米在同居吗 |
[32:17] | – I was. – Did Amy ever ask you about the possibility | -是的 -艾米有没有问起过让她父母 |
[32:20] | of her parents investing in your parents’ fund? | 投资你父母管理的基金的可行性 |
[32:23] | She asked about it. | 她问过 |
[32:25] | And I told her that to start an account, | 我告诉她要开设投资账户 |
[32:28] | it-it was a minimum of $200,000. | 最低投资金额是20万美元 |
[32:31] | Her parents didn’t have that kind of money. | 她的父母拿不出那么多钱 |
[32:32] | According to my information… and I could be wrong… | 据我了解到的信息 可能不一定对 |
[32:35] | your parents did make exceptions to that requirement. | 你父母对那个最低投资金额破过例 |
[32:38] | Is that a question? | 那是个问题吗 |
[32:39] | No. | 不是 |
[32:40] | This is one. | 这个才是 |
[32:42] | Did you ever ask if an exception could be made | 你有没有请求过你父母能不能 |
[32:45] | in the case of Amy’s parents? | 为艾米的父母破个例 |
[32:55] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[32:57] | Why would she lie? | 她为什么要撒谎 |
[32:59] | I don’t know. She’s such a naughty minx. | 我不知道 她是个调皮的小骚货 |
[33:02] | It could be her idea of a joke. | 可能她觉得是在开玩笑 |
[33:04] | Mr. Sweeney, please take this seriously. | 斯威尼先生 请认真点 |
[33:07] | I imagine a felony arrest | 我猜因非法持有毒品 |
[33:09] | for drug possession could get her deported. | 导致的被捕会让她被驱逐出境 |
[33:11] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[33:14] | Who are you again? | 你又是哪位呀 |
[33:15] | A partner here. | 这间律师的一位合伙人 |
[33:16] | Where does the drug possession come in? | 持有毒品这一说从何而来 |
[33:19] | There was nothing in the crime report. | 犯罪报告里只字未提 |
[33:21] | Well, partner, | 那么 合伙人女士 |
[33:22] | I’m just theorizing here, | 我就是假设一下 |
[33:24] | but we were on our way to a chemsex party | 但我们当时是在去阿灵顿山庄参加一个 |
[33:27] | – in Arlington Heights. – Wait, wait. | -药爱派对的路上 -等等 |
[33:29] | We need to stop right there. | 我们先打住 |
[33:30] | You need to speak in hypotheticals, | 你得用假设的语气来说 |
[33:32] | – Mr. Sweeney. – But… why? | -斯威尼先生 -但是 为什么呢 |
[33:34] | We can’t put you on the stand knowing you will perjure yourself. | 我们不能在明知你会作伪证的情况下让你出庭 |
[33:37] | You can only relate something that is true | 你只能表述真实 |
[33:39] | or potentially true. | 或者潜在真实的事实 |
[33:41] | God, I love the law. | 天啊 我爱死法律了 |
[33:43] | And everybody takes it so seriously. | 每个人都这么认真 |
[33:45] | – Your party? – Yes. | -是你办的派对吗 -没错 |
[33:47] | Chemsex. | 药爱派对 |
[33:51] | Chemse… No? | 药爱 不知道吗 |
[33:54] | Drug cocktails, then sex. | 兴奋剂鸡尾酒 然后做爱 |
[33:57] | Most enlightening. | 极具启发效果 |
[33:58] | – Hypothetically. – Yes. | -假设来说 -是的 |
[33:59] | Naftali and I were hypothetically | 假设来说 奈芙塔莉和我 |
[34:02] | on our way to this party, where we were… | 当时正在去这个派对的途中 |
[34:04] | hypothetically going to supply the synthetic cathinone. | 而且假设 我们准备吃合成性卡西酮类药物 |
[34:07] | And why was there no mention | 那为什么在警方的报告中 |
[34:08] | of drugs in the police report? | 没有提到有关毒品的事 |
[34:10] | Naftali threw them out the window | 我们停下来的时候 |
[34:11] | when we were stopped. Uh… | 奈芙塔莉把药扔出车窗外了 |
[34:14] | Hypothetically. | 假设来说 |
[34:15] | Adrian. | 阿德里安 |
[34:21] | I think we’re in trouble. | 我想我们有大麻烦了 |
[34:22] | I was scanning police calls, following Theroux’s movements. | 我浏览了警察的电话记录 调查泰鲁的活动 |
[34:25] | He was calling for some K9 units to the scene of the pullover. | 他当时申请调用军犬来停车现场调查 |
[34:28] | Fuck. | 靠 |
[34:29] | – They found them? – Yeah. | -他们找到药了吗 -找到了 |
[34:31] | What are you gonna do? | 你们打算怎么办 |
[34:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:34] | When the facts are on your side, you pound the facts. | 当证据对你有利时 反复落实证据就好 |
[34:38] | When the facts are not on your side… | 当证据不对你有利时 |
[34:41] | Come on. | 得了吧 |
[34:42] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开什么玩笑 |
[34:43] | Counselor, sit down right now. | 辩方律师 马上坐下 |
[34:45] | You’ll get your turn. Continue, Mr. ASA | 会轮到你的 请继续 助理检察官 |
[34:48] | Again, Officer Theroux, | 我再问一遍 泰鲁警官 |
[34:49] | did you conduct a search this morning in an area | 你今天早晨是否在 |
[34:51] | immediately adjacent to the Dan Ryan Expressway? | 丹莱恩高速公路的邻接区域进行了搜查 |
[34:54] | – I did. – And what occasioned that search? | -是的 -为什么要搜查呢 |
[34:56] | The night before, I witnessed an object being thrown | 因为在前一天晚上 我亲眼看到有个东西 |
[34:58] | from the passenger side of the suspect’s car… | 从嫌疑人车的副驾驶座位上扔了出去 |
[34:59] | Come on! Why did he not search the night before, Your Honor? | 他为什么当天晚上没有搜查呢 法官阁下 |
[35:02] | This is bullshit! | 这就是胡说八道 |
[35:04] | Sir, you will stop right now | 先生 你立刻给我停止 |
[35:06] | or we will discuss contempt charges. Go ahead. | 不然我就要判你为藐视法庭 继续提问 |
[35:09] | Well, that is a good question. | 事实上 那是个好问题 |
[35:10] | Why didn’t you search the area the night before? | 你为什么不在前一天晚上就搜查那个区域呢 |
[35:13] | I did. But there’s thick brush there and a gully. | 我搜了 但那有茂密的灌木丛还有一个水沟 |
[35:15] | I couldn’t find anything. | 我不可能找到的 |
[35:16] | So I went back with a K9 unit this morning… | 所以我今天早上带着军犬重回那 |
[35:18] | Talk about a convenient memory. | 引用这种记忆还真是方便 |
[35:20] | Ma’am. No. | 女士 停 |
[35:22] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[35:23] | Please, tell the court what, | 请你告诉我们 |
[35:24] | – if anything, you found. – A white plastic bag | -你找到了什么东西 -一个白色的塑料袋 |
[35:27] | containing approximately 1.5 grams of a synthetic cathinone | 装有约1.5克的合成性卡西酮类药物 |
[35:31] | – commonly known as bath salts. – Nothing further. | -就是常说的毒品浴盐 -没有其它问题了 |
[35:34] | Why aren’t they introducing the dashboard cam into evidence? | 他们为什么不把仪表盘的摄像头作为证据呢 |
[35:37] | Mr. Boseman, Ms. Lockhart, | 博斯曼先生和洛哈特女士 |
[35:39] | are you both done pounding your table? | 你们俩还需要继续捶桌子吗 |
[35:41] | I apologize, Your Honor. | 我道歉 法官阁下 |
[35:42] | But given the significance of the officer’s new testimony, | 但基于警官新证词的重要性 |
[35:46] | I’m curious why we’re not seeing | 我很好奇为什么没有看到 |
[35:48] | his dashboard video of the encounter. | 事发时他仪表盘所录下的视频 |
[35:50] | Good question. Mr. ASA? | 好问题 助理检察官 |
[35:53] | Your Honor, there’s nothing exculpatory on that recording. | 法官阁下 视频中不包含任何无罪证据 |
[35:55] | Oh, well, that’s a relief, Your Honor. | 好吧 这我就放心了 法官阁下 |
[35:57] | My guess is you would like to see it. | 我猜你还是想要看看这段视频吧 |
[35:58] | If it’s not too much trouble. | 如果不是太麻烦的话 |
[36:00] | The State has three hours | 控方有三个小时时间 |
[36:01] | – to provide Defense with the dashboard video. – Adjourned. | -给辩方提供仪表盘所录视频 -休庭 |
[37:29] | Hey, you want a rental, you got to talk to the office. | 想租车的话 得跟服务处预约 |
[37:30] | No, I need a name. | 我不租车 想打听个名字 |
[37:32] | Uh, last night, you drove someone. | 昨天晚上 你开车送的某个客人 |
[37:34] | A man in a suit. | 西装男 |
[37:37] | This man. | 这个人 |
[37:42] | – What’d he do? – Nothing. | -他做什么了 -没什么 |
[37:43] | He’s a witness to a car accident. | 他是一场车祸的目击证人 |
[37:47] | – Richard Hess. – Where was he headed? | -理查德·赫斯 -他当时要去哪 |
[37:49] | Some party in Arlington Heights. | 阿灵顿山庄的什么派对 |
[37:59] | How are you, Rich? | 你好吗 小理 |
[38:02] | Do I know you? | 我们认识吗 |
[38:03] | Uh, I don’t think we’ve officially met, | 我们没有正式见过 |
[38:04] | but I know you know Colin Sweeney, | 但我知道你认识科林·斯威尼 |
[38:06] | and I think he may need you to testify on his behalf. | 而且我想他可能需要你去为他出庭作证 |
[38:09] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[38:11] | Come on, man. He was leading you | 得了吧 兄弟 他领你去参加了 |
[38:13] | to a party in Arlington Heights… the chemsex party… | 阿灵顿山庄的派对 药爱派对 |
[38:16] | but his car got pulled over. | 但他的车被截停了 |
[38:17] | This is you on the dashboard videotape. | 仪表盘的摄像头录下了你 |
[38:20] | You waited a few minutes for them, | 你停下来等了他们几分钟 |
[38:21] | but then told the driver to keep going. | 但之后你就让司机开车走了 |
[38:23] | Since you’re obviously a little dense, | 既然你明显已经蠢到家了 |
[38:25] | let me dumb it down for you. | 那我就简单点来告诉你 |
[38:28] | Fuck off. | 滚开 |
[38:31] | This guy definitely saw something, but he won’t testify. | 这家伙绝对看到了什么 但他不肯作证 |
[38:34] | – Can we pay him? – Mr. Sweeney. | -我们可以收买他吗 -斯威尼先生 |
[38:36] | Hypothetically. | 假设来说 |
[38:37] | We can treat him as a hostile witness. | 我们可以把他看做一位敌意证人 |
[38:38] | – Why won’t he testify? – He doesn’t want it to come out | -他为什么不肯作证 -他不想让大家知道 |
[38:40] | that he was going where he was going. | 他曾去过哪里 |
[38:42] | – And where was that? – The sex party Mr. Sweeney was going to. | -哪里 -斯威尼先生要去的那个性爱派对 |
[38:46] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么 |
[38:47] | Richard Hess. Why? You know him? | 理查德·赫斯 怎么 你认识他吗 |
[38:51] | No. You will not put him on the stand. | 不认识 你们不能让他出庭作证 |
[38:54] | You have no right! | 你们无权这么做 |
[38:56] | What are you talking about? He saw what happened. | 你在说什么 他看到了所发生的事 |
[38:58] | You don’t know that. | 那可不一定 |
[39:00] | I insist that you not contact him again, | 我坚决要求你们不再联系他 |
[39:03] | or I’m hiring other lawyers. | 不然我就另找其他的律师 |
[39:08] | – So you did beat up that cop? – No. | -所以你确实打了那个警察 -没有 |
[39:10] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[39:11] | Why don’t you want us to get this guy? | 那为什么你不希望我们联系他 |
[39:12] | Because I don’t need a reason. | 因为我不需要理由 |
[39:13] | I’ll be in your office, Diane. | 我在你办公室等你 戴安 |
[39:20] | I think I understand. | 我想我明白了 |
[39:22] | What? I don’t. | 什么 我不明白 |
[39:22] | Richard Hess is a Florida real estate billionaire | 理查德·赫斯是佛罗里达州的地产大亨 |
[39:25] | who’s been sent to Chicago to vet… | 他被派到芝加哥来审查 |
[39:28] | ambassadors. | 大使人选 |
[39:37] | Don’t act like that. | 别那么看我 |
[39:38] | What’s the point of being rich | 如果你不能买标价出售的东西 |
[39:40] | if you can’t buy what’s for sale? | 那成为有钱人还有什么意思 |
[39:41] | An ambassadorship? | 一个大使的职位 |
[39:43] | I gave over a million dollars to his campaign PAC. | 我给他的政治行动委员会资助了一百多万美元 |
[39:46] | Membership has its privileges. | 会员是有特权的 |
[39:48] | So work your magic and make these charges go away. | 所以施展你们的魔法 让这些控告消失吧 |
[39:52] | I need to look clean. | 我必须看起来身家清白 |
[39:53] | Then get Hess to testify on your behalf. | 那就让赫斯来为你出庭作证 |
[39:56] | This drug testimony from Theroux hurts you. | 泰鲁的毒品证词对你很不利 |
[39:58] | No. Find another way. | 不行 想其它的办法 |
[40:00] | Police brutality is your specialty, | 警察暴力执法案件是你们的专长 |
[40:02] | and I’m a bona fide victim here! | 而我就是一个货真价实的受害者 |
[40:05] | It’s not just the black people who get brutalized. | 并不是只有黑人才会被暴力执法的 |
[40:08] | It’s people like me… the misunderstood. | 还有我这样的人 被误解的人 |
[40:12] | The white billionaire wife-killer, allegedly. | 白人亿万富翁 众人宣称的杀妻犯 |
[40:17] | Oh, God. | 我的神啊 |
[40:28] | Maia. | 玛娅 |
[40:31] | She’s trying to suggest you knew about the Ponzi Scheme, | 她在试图暗示你知晓庞氏骗局 |
[40:33] | and that’s why you waived Amy’s parents off. | 所以你才没有让艾米的父母加入基金 |
[40:35] | – Yeah. I know. – Did you? | -我明白 -你真知道吗 |
[40:37] | No. | 当然不知道 |
[40:38] | You don’t sound definite. | 但你听起来可并不确定 |
[40:43] | Did you tell him my father’s IRA comes to $110,000, | 你有告诉他我爸爸的退休账户里有11万美元 |
[40:47] | that he’s got another $30,000 in T-Bills? | 而且还有三万美元国债了吗 |
[40:52] | I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我 |
[40:53] | You don’t know if you waived Amy’s parents off? | 你不知道你是不是有意不让她父母投资的 |
[40:56] | I know this has been hard… | 我知道这很困难 |
[41:01] | I know these months have been hard on you, and you feel, | 我知道这几个月对你来说很不容易 |
[41:03] | rightly or wrongly, guilty for your parents’ actions. | 无论对错 你都为你父母的行为而有负罪感 |
[41:05] | No, that’s not what this is. | 不 这和那些无关 |
[41:06] | You don’t even need to be conscious of it, Maia. | 你自己甚至都不会注意到 玛娅 |
[41:08] | Your guilt could just be coloring your memories. | 你的负罪感可能会歪曲你的记忆 |
[41:10] | You could be seeing yourself as more culpable than you are. | 你可能会让自己承担远超于应受的罪责 |
[41:14] | It’s your Catholic guilt. | 这是你的天主教罪恶 |
[41:14] | 天主教罪恶 指天主教教徒或堕落者 他们所供认的远超过他们实际应当承担的罪 | |
[41:17] | You are condemning yourself. | 你在自我谴责 |
[41:19] | That’s fine for the confessional, | 在忏悔室里这么做没关系 |
[41:20] | but here, it has real repercussions. | 但在这里是要承担后果的 |
[41:22] | They could put you in jail. | 他们可以让你坐牢的 |
[41:27] | Your father’d really turn down $140,000? | 你父亲真的会拒绝14万美金吗 |
[41:30] | Ah. Well, he does it all the time. | 他一向如此 |
[41:38] | Did you really tell your dad? | 你到底有没有告诉你父亲 |
[41:44] | Lucca, I didn’t tell my dad. | 卢卡 我没告诉我父亲 |
[41:47] | Didn’t tell him what? | 没告诉他什么 |
[41:49] | About Amy’s parents’ investment. | 我没告诉他艾米的父母想投资 |
[41:52] | I pretended to, but… I never told him. | 我假装告诉他了 但是 我没告诉 |
[41:58] | What do you mean? Of course I told my dad. | 你什么意思 我当然告诉我父亲了 |
[42:01] | Why wouldn’t I? | 我为什么会不说呢 |
[42:09] | Okay, this isn’t good. | 好吧 情况不妙 |
[42:11] | You’re ready to admit you killed Biggie. | 你是准备承认你闯了大祸 |
[42:13] | I must have somehow known about the Ponzi scheme. | 我一定是不知道从哪儿得知了庞氏骗局 |
[42:15] | Otherwise, why wouldn’t I have let Amy’s parents invest? | 不然为什么我没让艾米的父母投资呢 |
[42:18] | – That doesn’t mean anything. – It does. | -这不能说明什么 -能 |
[42:20] | Lucca. | 卢卡 |
[42:25] | I knew. | 我早知道 |
[42:37] | The problem is the drugs. | 问题在于那些毒品 |
[42:39] | Judge was listening to us on everything else. | 除此以外的事法官都会听我们讲理 |
[42:41] | It’s the drugs thrown out the freaking window. | 问题在于被扔出窗户的毒品 |
[42:44] | So we use Hess. | 所以我们利用赫斯 |
[42:46] | We convince Sweeney he has to use his vetter. | 我们说服斯威尼必须利用他的审查者 |
[42:48] | No. We need to go at the drugs, Diane. | 不 我们得着手于毒品 戴安 |
[42:52] | That helps us with COPA, too. | 这也有助于我们应对平民警察问责办公室 |
[42:54] | They want to kick Theroux off the force. | 他们想开除泰鲁 |
[42:56] | We just… | 我们只是… |
[42:59] | We haven’t given ’em enough of a reason to do it. | 我们没有给他们足够的理由这么做 |
[43:01] | Then we’re stuck. | 那么我们就陷入僵局了 |
[43:09] | Diane? | 戴安 |
[43:11] | You happy here? | 你在这里过得开心吗 |
[43:12] | What, at your firm? | 在你的律所吗 |
[43:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[43:15] | – Yes. Why? – I don’t know. | -开心啊 怎么了 -我不知道 |
[43:18] | You wanted to retire. | 你本想退休的 |
[43:20] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[43:22] | Well, life has a way of reminding you of who you are. | 生活会用它自己的方式告诉你你是谁 |
[43:28] | Guess I’m not the retiring type. | 我想我不是那种会退休的人 |
[43:31] | Are you happy here? | 你在这里过得开心吗 |
[43:37] | Gotcha. | 问住你了 |
[43:38] | I like… | 我喜欢… |
[43:40] | getting the better of people, and… | 打败别人和… |
[43:44] | keeping something alive. | 维持某些东西的生命 |
[43:46] | You know? Look out there | 你知道吗 看着这里的这些员工 |
[43:48] | at all those employees, and realizing | 想着如果我不能让这家律所继续经营 |
[43:51] | they might not have jobs if I don’t keep this going. | 他们就可能会失业 |
[43:55] | Yeah. That is a good feeling. | 是的 这感觉很棒 |
[43:59] | Okay. | 好了 |
[44:00] | Time to go home. | 该回家了 |
[44:03] | Let’s get dinner sometime. | 我们什么时候一起吃个晚饭吧 |
[44:05] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[44:06] | That’d be nice. | 很好啊 |
[44:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[44:17] | Possession. | 非法持有毒品 |
[44:18] | It was possession! Stupid! | 这是非法持有毒品 笨蛋 |
[44:21] | – What? – I am so stupid. | -什么 -我太笨了 |
[44:23] | It was right there in front of our eyes. | 它就在我们面前明摆着呢 |
[44:25] | – What was? – What is his name? | -什么明摆着 -他叫什么 |
[44:31] | Todd Knutsen. | 托德·努特森 |
[44:33] | Are you familiar with | 你认识 |
[44:34] | Officer Andrew Theroux, Mr. Knutsen? | 安德鲁·泰鲁警官吗 努特森先生 |
[44:38] | Oh, yeah. He’s the one that pulled me over a few nights ago. | 认识 他就是几天前让我靠边停车的人 |
[44:41] | Would you tell the court what happened? | 你能在法庭上讲讲当时发生了什么吗 |
[44:42] | I was driving home from my mom’s house. | 我正从我母亲的住处开车回家 |
[44:45] | He pulled me over, said I was switching lanes | 他让我靠边停车 说我变换车道前 |
[44:47] | without signaling. I wasn’t. | 没有发信号 我发了信号的 |
[44:50] | He asked me to step out of the car so he could search it. | 他让我下车 这样他就能搜查我的车 |
[44:52] | Then he handcuffs me and says | 然后他用手铐拷住我 |
[44:54] | I’m under arrest for possession of heroin. | 说我因持有海洛因被捕了 |
[44:56] | Were you in possession of heroin? | 你持有海洛因吗 |
[44:58] | No, he planted it. | 没有 是他放进我车里的 |
[45:00] | In fact, weren’t the charges eventually dropped? | 事实上 指控最终不是被撤销了吗 |
[45:02] | Yeah, just today. | 是的 今天撤销的 |
[45:04] | The other cops say this happens a lot with him. | 其他的警察说他经常做这种事 |
[45:06] | Objection, Your Honor… | 反对 法官阁下… |
[45:07] | Yes, sustained. But you might want to | 反对有效 不过你可能要 |
[45:09] | reconsider your charge here, Mr. ASA. | 重新考虑这次起诉了 助理检察官先生 |
[45:13] | Nothing further, your Honor. Thank you. | 没有其他问题了 法官阁下 谢谢 |
[45:15] | – Mr. McGrath? – Nothing further. | -麦克格拉斯先生 -没有问题了 |
[45:18] | The witness is dismissed. | 证人可以离开了 |
[45:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[45:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[45:30] | That’s really not necessary. | 真的没必要这么做 |
[45:44] | It’s no big deal. | 这不是什么大事 |
[45:45] | It’s a SEC audit. Of course it’s a big deal. | 这是证券交易委员会审查 当然是大事 |
[45:47] | – Come on. Jax. – Would you two be quiet? | -算了吧 贾克斯 -你们俩能安静点吗 |
[45:50] | Hey, hon. | 亲爱的 |
[45:52] | We’ll be right out. | 我们很快就会出来 |
[45:56] | I don’t think we should | 我觉得我们不应该 |
[45:57] | entangle your parents’ money with my parents’. | 把你父母的钱和我父母的钱混在一起 |
[46:07] | Is there something wrong with the fund? | 基金出了什么问题吗 |
[46:15] | Are you good? | 你还好吗 |
[46:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[46:21] | Listen, Maia, | 听着 玛娅 |
[46:24] | I can think of a dozen reasons | 我能想到很多原因解释 |
[46:25] | why you didn’t let Amy’s parents invest. | 你为什么不让艾米的父母投资 |
[46:27] | First and foremost, you didn’t want to mix up finances with love. | 首先 你不想把金钱和爱情混为一谈 |
[46:32] | That makes complete sense to me. | 我觉得这很有道理 |
[46:34] | You think so? | 你这么认为吗 |
[46:36] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 |
[46:39] | You ready again? | 这次你准备好了吗 |
[46:41] | Last dentist visit. | 最后一次看牙医 |
[46:43] | J.K. J.K. | |
[46:45] | That’s “Just kidding.” | 代表”只是开玩笑的” |
[46:47] | It’s what the kids say. | 小孩子们都这么说 |
[46:53] | I wanted to thank you for you help. | 感谢你的帮忙 |
[46:56] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[46:57] | And I wanted to let you know | 我还希望你明白 |
[46:58] | that no good deed goes unpunished. | 好人没好报 |
[47:01] | About an hour ago, some billionaire was named | 大约一小时前 某个亿万富翁被任命为 |
[47:03] | the next ambassador to Germany. | 下一任驻德国大使了 |
[47:06] | I lost it. | 我输了 |
[47:07] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 听到这个消息我很遗憾 |
[47:08] | I can’t believe I wasted four months trying to learn German. | 我简直不敢相信我浪费了四个月学德语 |
[47:11] | Ich. Nicht. | 我 不 |
[47:14] | Well, I’m sure you’ll survive. | 我相信你会撑过去的 |
[47:16] | Also, it’ll free you up for our lawsuit against Cook County. | 而且 你也不用涉身我们对库克县的诉讼了 |
[47:19] | Theroux’s been kicked off the force, | 泰鲁已经被开除了 |
[47:21] | but we’ve got a six million dollar civil suit in the works. | 但我们正在准备一个600万美元的民事诉讼案 |
[47:23] | Uh, no, I’m not doing that. | 不 我不会那么做的 |
[47:26] | Uh, yes, you are. | 你会的 |
[47:28] | No. Sorry. | 不 抱歉 |
[47:29] | I’m trying for Ambassador to the Vatican. | 我正努力竞选驻梵蒂冈大使 |
[47:33] | Again, thanks. | 再次感谢 |
[47:36] | I’ll drop by again. | 我会再来拜访的 |
[47:45] | Are you ready to finish this up, Maia? | 你准备好结束这事了吗 玛娅 |
[47:49] | She is. | 她准备好了 |
[47:49] | You asked me why I didn’t want Amy’s parents to invest in the fund. | 你问我为什么我不让艾米的父母向基金投资 |
[47:54] | And the truth is, it just seemed like a bad idea | 事实是 把家庭和金钱混为一谈 |
[47:57] | to mix family and finances. | 不是个好主意 |
[48:17] | In my experience, Maia, | 据我的经验 玛娅 |
[48:20] | whenever somebody says, “The truth is,” | 当一个人说”事实是”的时候 |
[48:22] | that usually means it’s not. | 往往意味着他说的不是事实 |
[48:24] | – That’s not… – I like you, Maia. | -不是这样的 -我很喜欢你 玛娅 |
[48:26] | I think you’re smart, I think you’re perceptive, | 我觉得你很聪明 又有洞察力 |
[48:30] | and I think you committed a crime here. | 但我认为你犯罪了 |
[48:33] | I think you knew about your parents’ Ponzi scheme, | 我认为你知道你父母的庞氏骗局 |
[48:37] | and I’m going to recommend | 我将向联邦检察官办公室 |
[48:38] | prosecution by the U.S. Attorney’s Office. | 提议起诉你 |
[48:40] | – This was a proffer session! – Yes, but she lied. | -这是供证协议环节 -是 但她说谎了 |
[48:43] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |