时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:37] | The S&P 500 has soared nearly 270%. | 标准普尔500指数涨幅达270% |
[01:41] | This week, the Federal Reserve will be a prime focus for investors. | 本周 美联储将成为投资者的首要目标 |
[01:44] | Policymakers are not… | 相关决策人没有… |
[01:45] | Iran has been bullying their neighbors. | 伊朗在对邻国动武 |
[01:48] | They’ve been destabilizing the region. They’re basic… | 打破了地区平衡 他们基本是… |
[01:51] | Side effects may include nausea, c… | 副作用可能包含恶心… |
[01:53] | When asked about the tweet, White House officials | 问及那条推特时 白宫发言人 |
[01:55] | insisted the president was joking, saying, | 声称总统只是在开玩笑 发言人说 |
[01:57] | “Mermaids do not exist. | “美人鱼不存在” |
[01:58] | Therefore, Trump’s reference to talking with one…” | “所以特朗普提到他和美人鱼谈话的…” |
[02:00] | Meanwhile, North Korean leader Kim Jong… | 与此同时 朝鲜领导人金正恩… |
[02:03] | The body you… | 活动身子… |
[02:04] | Dan Oxenbold, a partner at the law firm | 奥森博&詹森律所的合伙人 |
[02:06] | – Oxenbold and Jensen… – Got it! | -丹·奥森博 -找到了 |
[02:07] | – …was murdered today on the streets… – Found it, Diane. | -今日被人当街谋杀 -找到了 戴安 |
[02:09] | – …of downtown Chicago. – It’s true? | -案发于芝加哥市中心 -是真的吗 |
[02:10] | – Looks like it. – The gunman was taken into custody | -看起来是的 -枪手于今晨 |
[02:12] | at 8:30 this morning, | 八点半被逮捕 |
[02:14] | after he was caught on camera in what police called | 监控记录了他的行凶过程 |
[02:16] | a targeted killing in broad daylight. | 警察称这是光天化日下的谋杀 |
[02:18] | It was crazy! I was just on my way to work. | 太吓人了 我在去上班的路上 |
[02:21] | I was walking down the street, | 正在街上走 |
[02:22] | and some guy came out of nowhere and shot him. | 不知从哪儿冒出来个人把他杀了 |
[02:24] | – The next thing I knew, he was down on the ground… – Oh, my God. | -然后我就看见他倒在了地上 -我的天 |
[02:26] | … and everyone starts running. | 所有人都在跑 |
[02:28] | – Complete chaos. – Again? | -现场一团乱 -又是一起吗 |
[02:30] | Just today. | 今天刚发生的 |
[02:31] | Well, did they find him? | 找到人了吗 |
[02:32] | …Randy Fox recently declared bankruptcy | 兰迪·福克斯于近日宣告破产 |
[02:35] | after losing a hearing over a patent dispute, | 他在一场专利纠纷的听证会中败诉 |
[02:37] | a loss he blamed on his lawyer. | 将失败归咎于他的律师 |
[02:38] | Dear God, it’s like a plague. | 天啊 这就像瘟疫一样 |
[02:40] | This appears to be a copycat of the hit-and-run killing | 本案与两周前的一件案子有诸多相似之处 |
[02:42] | of Chicago attorney Roger Hill two weeks ago. | 芝加哥律师罗杰·希尔死于交通肇事逃逸 |
[02:45] | According to police documents, the suspect in that case, | 据警方报告 案件嫌疑人 |
[02:48] | Stan Greennoble, now in custody, | 斯坦·格林诺伯已被捕 |
[02:50] | – was angry about overbilling… – We’ll discuss this | -他因超额收费而愤怒 -我们晚点再说 |
[02:52] | – in the staff meeting. – …writing “Kill all lawyers” | -开员工会时 -写下”杀死所有律师”后 |
[02:53] | before running down the much-loved lawyer. | 开车撞向了那位受人爱戴的律师 |
[02:56] | Kill all lawyers! All of ’em! | 杀死所有律师 所有律师 |
[02:58] | Kill ’em! All of ’em! Kill ’em! | 杀了他们 所有律师 杀了他们 |
[03:00] | Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[03:03] | And I hope to contribute to the legacy of my father. | 我希望能给父亲留下的事业做出贡献 |
[03:10] | Thank you, Liz. | 谢谢你 莉兹 |
[03:12] | Today is a new day right here. | 今天会是新的一天 |
[03:13] | We’re still getting some things in place. | 有些东西还没弄好 |
[03:16] | Um, you’ll notice some walls need painting. | 比如你会看到某些墙面没有刷 |
[03:17] | Some chairs are missing. We just opened up the 22nd floor, | 或者少了些椅子 我们才启用了22楼 |
[03:21] | so you’ll probably see some cranky associates down there. | 你可能会在那儿看到些暴躁的律师 |
[03:26] | But the key: | 但关键在于 |
[03:28] | we’re growing. | 我们在扩张 |
[03:29] | Yes. | 没错 |
[03:33] | Don’t you think we should have a moment of silence | 你觉得我们应该为丹·奥森博 |
[03:35] | for Dan Oxenbold? | 默哀一会儿吗 |
[03:36] | Right. | 没错 |
[03:39] | I don’t know how many of you knew Dan. | 我不知道你们有多少人认识丹 |
[03:41] | He was shot down yesterday. | 他在昨天被枪杀 |
[03:43] | So let’s just offer a moment here. | 让我们为他默哀一会儿 |
[03:57] | Good. | 好了 |
[03:58] | Rest in peace, Dan. | 安息吧 丹 |
[04:00] | One bit of new business. | 还有些事要说 |
[04:02] | We may find that some older clients drift away | 我们可能会因为卡尔去世 |
[04:04] | due to the loss of Carl. | 而流失一些老客户 |
[04:06] | Maybe you could talk to Carl’s clients? | 你能和卡尔的客户聊聊吗 |
[04:08] | Oh, sure, sure. | 没问题 |
[04:09] | What about Dan Oxenbold’s clients? | 丹·奥森博的客户呢 |
[04:12] | What about ’em? | 他们怎么了 |
[04:13] | They don’t have a lawyer anymore. | 他们没律师了 |
[04:16] | Why aren’t we going after them? | 我们不去找下他们吗 |
[04:17] | I’m not sure we’re ready… | 我不确定我们准备… |
[04:18] | It’s a little harsh, don’t you think? | 这太无情了吧 |
[04:21] | – Can’t we at least wait until after the funeral? – Yeah, sure, | -不能至少等他葬礼结束再说吗 -可以 |
[04:23] | if we want to lose them to someone else. | 如果你想把客户拱手送人的话 |
[04:26] | He has one client that’s not gonna go long without a lawyer. | 他有个客户 没了律师就寸步难行 |
[04:28] | Who? | 谁 |
[04:29] | Joe Swoboda. | 乔·斯沃博达 |
[04:31] | Heating oil business. | 做取暖用油的 |
[04:32] | $133 million in assets. | 有1.33亿的资产 |
[04:34] | Why isn’t he gonna go long without a lawyer? | 为什么他没了律师就寸步难行 |
[04:39] | “Given that I used to work for the Department of Justice, | 鉴于我曾在司法部工作 |
[04:42] | there is certain information I cannot divulge.” | 某些信息不方便透露 |
[04:44] | – But there’s a case building against him? – Again, | -但他很快就要被起诉吗 -再说一次 |
[04:48] | given my previous job, | 由于我上一份工作的原因 |
[04:51] | I cannot divulge information | 我不能透露某些信息 |
[04:52] | that would subject me to a disbarment hearing. | 不然会面临被取消律师资格的风险 |
[04:54] | And yet you would advise soliciting this client, | 但你建议我们揽下这位客户 |
[04:57] | because he will soon have an increase in billable hours? | 因为他很快便会带来不少的计费工时 |
[05:02] | Yes. | 没错 |
[05:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:05] | I’ll give him a call. | 我会给他去个电话的 |
[05:06] | Why don’t we have Liz do it? | 为什么不让莉兹联系他呢 |
[05:11] | Great. | 好啊 |
[05:14] | Not bad. | 真不错 |
[05:15] | At least you have a desk. | 至少你有个桌子 |
[05:18] | So, what do you need? | 你想知道什么 |
[05:22] | Maia Rindell. | 玛娅·林德尔 |
[05:25] | – Okay. – Her prosecution starts today. | -好的 -她的庭审今天开始 |
[05:29] | Right now, in fact. | 其实是现在 |
[05:31] | You used to be the prosecutor, | 你原来是检察官 |
[05:32] | so I know you can’t mention any specifics, | 我知道你不能谈及细节 |
[05:34] | but Maia Rindell is my goddaughter, and I just… | 但玛娅·林德尔是我教女 我只是 |
[05:40] | I just wanted to know… | 我只是想知道… |
[05:43] | what to think about her case. | 她的案子应该怎么看 |
[05:46] | You know the difference between this office | 你知道这间律所 |
[05:48] | and the U.S. Attorney’s Office? | 和检察官办公室有什么不同吗 |
[05:49] | No. | 不知道 |
[05:51] | We have walls. | 我们有墙 |
[05:52] | Actual… | 钢筋混泥土的墙 |
[06:02] | Okay, I, uh… I developed the strategy on that case, | 好吧 是我给那个案子出的策略 |
[06:06] | and it is tough. | 手段很粗暴 |
[06:08] | It’s a slam dunk. | 要一击必得 |
[06:10] | I’m sorry, | 我很抱歉 |
[06:10] | but they know she’s a little fish. | 但他们知道她只是个小虾米 |
[06:12] | They’re just going after her | 他们找上她 |
[06:13] | so they can get to her father. | 也只是为了找到她父亲 |
[06:14] | Maia doesn’t know where Henry is. | 玛娅不知道亨利在哪儿 |
[06:15] | They don’t believe her. | 他们不信她 |
[06:17] | Look, if I were her, I’d plead out. | 如果我是她 我会选择有罪辩护 |
[06:20] | She might get one year. | 可能就坐一年牢 |
[06:24] | I don’t think she can do that. | 我不觉得她会愿意这样做 |
[06:27] | Well, then I’d reject the prosecution’s motion for continuance. | 那样的话我会拒绝控方请求延期的动议 |
[06:31] | Colin Morrello got all of my cases dumped on him. | 我的所有案子都丢给科林·莫雷洛了 |
[06:34] | Force him to fight now, and… | 强迫他现在出庭 |
[06:36] | he may stumble. | 他可能会失误 |
[06:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:43] | I didn’t say anything. | 我可什么都没说 |
[06:47] | One other thing: | 还有 |
[06:48] | the prosecution is holding back a witness. | 控方还有个证人 |
[06:51] | A surprise witness that will devastate Maia’s case. | 一个奇袭证人 会使玛娅陷入绝境 |
[06:55] | I don’t imagine you can say who that is. | 我想你不能说那个人是谁 |
[06:59] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:10] | Uh, one second, Your Honor. | 稍等 法官阁下 |
[07:12] | – What? – Fight the continuance. | -怎么了 -拒绝延期 |
[07:14] | Why? We’re not ready. | 为什么 我们没准备好 |
[07:15] | They’re not readier. | 那他们就更没准备好 |
[07:18] | How do we know that? | 这是哪儿来的消息 |
[07:20] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[07:25] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[07:27] | this is the third continuance requested by the prosecution. | 这是控方第三次要求延期了 |
[07:30] | At a certain point, we need to go to trial. | 到某个时候我们总得进行庭审 |
[07:32] | We’re ready. We’ve been ready for a while. | 我们准备好了 准备好有一段时间了 |
[07:34] | I’m sorry, Your Honor, but this is not my case. | 不好意思 法官阁下 但这不是我的案子 |
[07:37] | Liz Reddick retired, and I inherited her caseload… | 莉兹·雷迪克退休了 我接替了她的案子 |
[07:39] | Oh, wait a minute. She didn’t retire. | 等等 她并不是退休了 |
[07:41] | She was fired by Donald Trump. | 她是被唐纳德·特朗普辞掉了 |
[07:44] | What? She was not f… No, | 什么 她不是…不是 |
[07:46] | this has nothing to do with Donald Trump, uh, Your Honor. | 这和唐纳德·特朗普没关系 法官阁下 |
[07:49] | Liz Reddick chose to resign. She didn’t… | 莉兹·雷迪克自己辞的职 她没被… |
[07:51] | Before Donald Trump could fire her. | 在唐纳德·特朗普把她辞退前 |
[07:53] | Oh, please, Lucca, | 别这样 卢卡 |
[07:53] | will you stop playing the judge’s politics? | 你能别钻法官政见的空子吗 |
[07:55] | I’m not playing anything, Colin. | 我没有钻空子 科林 |
[07:57] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Stop. | 等等 别吵了 停一停 |
[07:58] | Were you two fighting in my court a year ago? | 你们一年前是不是在我的法庭上吵过 |
[08:02] | – What? – This court? | -什么 -这个法庭吗 |
[08:02] | – No. – I’m not s… | -没有 -我没有… |
[08:03] | I am not going to spend the next few days | 我可不想接下来几天 |
[08:05] | listening to you two screaming at each other. | 听着你们俩吵个没完 |
[08:09] | Uh, shake hands. | 握手言和吧 |
[08:10] | The world is angry enough without you two bringing it in here. | 世界已经够喧嚣了 你们别带情绪上庭 |
[08:13] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[08:18] | Good. | 好 |
[08:19] | N-Now look each other in the eye. | 现在两人深情对望 |
[08:22] | We’re all professionals in here. | 我们都是专业人士 |
[08:23] | In fact, let’s say that. “I respect you…” | 这样吧 一起来说”我尊重你…” |
[08:25] | I respect you and we’re all professionals in here. | 我尊重你 我们都是专业人士 |
[08:27] | Good. Now let’s live it. | 好了 现在感受这句话吧 |
[08:29] | Now, regarding your motion, this is, in fact, | 现在 关于动议 这确实是你们 |
[08:32] | your third continuance, Counselor. | 第三次延期了 控方律师 |
[08:34] | And as much as I have issues with our current… | 虽然我对我们现任的… |
[08:37] | reality star president, | 真人秀明星总统有意见 |
[08:39] | I overrule your motion purely on the grounds | 我纯粹站在快速司法的角度 |
[08:41] | of the speediness of justice. | 驳回你的动议 |
[08:44] | I hope whoever’s texting you knows what they’re doing. | 我希望给你发短信的人知道自己在做什么 |
[08:47] | Your Honor, I share your concern about our president, | 法官阁下 我和你一样担心我们的总统 |
[08:50] | and especially about the nepotism of Ivanka and Jared. | 尤其是伊万卡和杰瑞德的裙带关系 |
[08:53] | It’s upsetting | 他们绕过 |
[08:54] | how they get around the usual rules regarding nepotism. | 不任人唯亲的规定让我觉得很不安 |
[08:58] | That’s why I move that Reddick/Boseman be excluded | 所以我请求终止雷迪克&博斯曼律所 |
[09:00] | from representing Maia Rindell. | 对玛娅·林德尔的代理 |
[09:01] | What?! | 什么 |
[09:03] | Ah-ah-ah. No. We just shook hands. | 别这样 刚才握手言和了 |
[09:04] | If I could finish? | 能让我说完吗 |
[09:05] | Liz reddick used to be the prosecutor on this case, | 莉兹·雷迪克曾是此案的公诉人 |
[09:07] | – and now she works at their firm. – Your Honor, | -如今她在他们律所工作 -法官阁下 |
[09:09] | there is a Chinese wall at a firm… | 律所是遵循中国墙原则的… |
[09:10] | Yes, like the Chinese wall at the White House. | 是啊 白宫也遵循中国墙原则 |
[09:12] | And how effective do you think that is? | 起到什么作用了吗 |
[09:13] | Your Honor, there is no connection between the issues | 法官阁下 白宫和这件案子 |
[09:15] | at the White House and this case. | 没有什么联系 |
[09:16] | – You just said there was. – With the firing of Liz Reddick, | -你刚说有 -和莉兹·雷迪克被解雇有关 |
[09:18] | not with the rest of it. | 和其它方面无关 |
[09:20] | Okay, thank you. I just, I just… | 好吧 谢谢 我… |
[09:22] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[09:25] | This world. | 这世道 |
[09:27] | Um, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:28] | Uh, Ms. Quinn has been on the case since the beginning, | 奎因女士在雷迪克女士进入她们律所前 |
[09:30] | far predating Mrs. Reddick’s move to her firm. | 就已经在跟进此案了 |
[09:32] | On top of that, | 除此之外 |
[09:34] | the defendant does have a Sixth Amendment right | 被告确实拥有《第六修正案》的权利 |
[09:36] | to choice of counsel. | 来选择律师 |
[09:36] | So, again, I overrule the motion. | 所以 驳回动议 |
[09:38] | Okay, can we get started now? | 好了 现在能开庭了吗 |
[09:42] | Or do we want to fight about what to eat for lunch? | 还是说你们要为午饭吃什么再吵一架 |
[09:47] | He was a good man. | 他生前是个好人 |
[09:49] | What? | 什么 |
[09:50] | Your lawyer! He was a good man. | 你的律师 他生前是个好人 |
[09:53] | Oh. Yeah. | 没错 |
[09:54] | I didn’t shoot him. | 不是我枪杀的他 |
[09:56] | Oh. I didn’t think you did. | 我也这么觉得 |
[09:57] | I mean, we argued. I don’t like to be overbilled. | 没错 我们是吵过 我不喜欢被超额收费 |
[09:59] | – That’s all. – Just so you know: | -就这样 -老实跟你说 |
[10:02] | we don’t overbill, sir. | 我们不超额收费 先生 |
[10:04] | Do you know liz Reddick from the Department of Justice? | 你认识司法部的莉兹·雷迪克吗 |
[10:08] | She just joined us. | 她刚加入我们律所 |
[10:10] | Uh, she just joined us! | 她刚加入我们律所 |
[10:11] | Ah! Mr. Swoboda, I-I’m so sorry about your lawyer. | 斯沃博达先生 你律师出事真的太不幸了 |
[10:14] | It’s a bad time to be without one. | 这个时候没律师可不太好 |
[10:16] | Am I being indicted? | 我被起诉了吗 |
[10:19] | Well, obviously, Liz can’t share any of that information. | 显然 莉兹不能透露这方面的消息 |
[10:22] | But it would be a good time to have a lawyer. | 但现在是时候请个律师了 |
[10:25] | And you’re the best one to help me? | 你们是帮助我的不二之选吗 |
[10:27] | – Oh, without a doubt. – Why is that? | -那是当然 -何出此言 |
[10:29] | I mean, you can’t use anything you know about the case. | 案子的事你什么也不能透露 |
[10:31] | Right? You got to sit on your hands. | 对吧 你也束手无策 |
[10:33] | Yeah, but here’s-here’s what I can do. | 没错 但有些事我能做到 |
[10:35] | I know how the other side works | 我知道检察官的手段 |
[10:37] | and how they think. | 知道他们的策略 |
[10:38] | I know what their pressure points are. | 我知道他们会如何施压 |
[10:40] | I know how to fuck with them. | 我知道怎么对付他们 |
[10:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:44] | But here’s my problem. | 但现在有个问题 |
[10:44] | You got competition here. Hey! | 你有个对手 嗨 |
[10:47] | You! Other lawyer, over here. | 你 另一个律所 看这里 |
[10:50] | Liz. | 莉兹 |
[10:52] | Tim. | 蒂姆 |
[10:54] | What are you doing here, Tim? | 你来这儿干什么 蒂姆 |
[10:56] | You think you’re the only ex-prosecutor looking for clients? | 你以为前检察官里只有你在找客户吗 |
[10:59] | That’s funny, | 说来有趣 |
[10:59] | ’cause I distinctly remember you saying | 我记得你说过 |
[11:01] | you were going to work for the Southern Poverty Law Center. | 你要去南方贫困法律中心工作 |
[11:04] | – Changed my mind. – You wouldn’t be here peddling information | -我改主意了 -你不是在把大陪审团的 |
[11:06] | about grand jury proceedings, would you? | 议程信息告诉别人 对吧 |
[11:11] | Your competition? | 你的对手吗 |
[11:13] | Yep. Tim Shefflin. | 没错 蒂姆·谢弗林 |
[11:16] | Piece of shit, but he’s a good lawyer. | 一个混蛋 但是个好律师 |
[11:18] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[11:20] | Sharpens the mind. | 让思维明锐起来 |
[11:28] | – Of course. – I can take the next one. | -冤家路窄 -我可以等下一趟 |
[11:30] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[11:31] | These elevators take forever. You’ll be here till Thursday. | 这电梯要等好久 你要待到周四 |
[11:33] | Come on. | 进来吧 |
[11:50] | So how personal is this? | 这里面有多少私人恩怨 |
[11:53] | – Excuse me? – Your prosecution. | -什么 -你的起诉 |
[11:55] | How much is it about us? | 和我们有多少关系 |
[11:58] | That’s right. | 是啊 |
[11:59] | I’ve been crying myself to sleep ever since we broke up. | 自从我们分手后我每天都哭着入睡 |
[12:02] | Anybody else and you’d be plea bargaining. | 如果是别人 你早就协商认罪协议了 |
[12:03] | Anybody else and you’d have your client | 如果是别人 你早就劝当事人 |
[12:05] | tell us where Henry is. | 告诉我们亨利在哪儿了 |
[12:09] | So, are you fucking her? | 你和她睡了吗 |
[12:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:12] | She looks at you with these big Thumper eyes. | 她那双兔子般的大眼睛盯着你 |
[12:15] | – Jealous? – Not the first word that springs to mind. | -嫉妒吗 -我可没这么想 |
[12:18] | See you in court, Counselor. | 我们法庭上见 律师 |
[12:20] | What was that about? | 怎么回事 |
[12:22] | Just some trash-talking. | 打打嘴仗而已 |
[12:26] | They have a surprise witness. | 他们有个奇袭证人 |
[12:29] | And we know this from your secret texter? | 从你那神秘短信发送者得知的吗 |
[12:32] | Is it Liz Reddick? | 是莉兹·雷迪克吗 |
[12:34] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[12:36] | Who’s the witness? They don’t know. | 证人是谁 他们不知道 |
[12:38] | Well, then they’re not much help, are they? | 他们也没帮上什么忙 对吧 |
[12:40] | Let’s focus. | 专注当前吧 |
[12:49] | How long have you been a teacher at Lake Forest, Ms. Heinberg? | 你在森林湖教书多久了 海因伯格女士 |
[12:51] | 25 years. | 25年 |
[12:53] | And how did you come to invest in the Rindell Fund? | 你怎么会在林德尔基金里投资 |
[12:56] | It was through Maia. | 因为玛娅的关系 |
[12:58] | She was a student in my sociology class. | 她是我社会学课的学生 |
[13:01] | I remember one day the topic was… | 我记得有天的主题是… |
[13:04] | income inequality, | 收入不平等 |
[13:05] | and she suggested that I invest with her father. | 她建议我在她父亲的基金里投资 |
[13:09] | I feel like such a fool. | 我觉得自己像个傻子 |
[13:12] | Did Maia ever apologize to you, | 玛娅跟你道过歉吗 |
[13:15] | show any remorse? | 有过悔意吗 |
[13:16] | No. Not a word. | 没有 一个字都没有 |
[13:19] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[13:25] | My mother was a teacher, actually. | 其实我母亲是名教师 |
[13:27] | – So I remember how hard… – Objection. | -所以我记得有多艰难… -反对 |
[13:29] | As fascinating as Ms. Quinn’s biography is, relevance. | 尽管奎恩女士的自传很迷人 但跟本案无关 |
[13:33] | Sustained, but the tone there? | 反对有效 但是你的语气 |
[13:35] | Just on the edge, Counselor. | 快要越界了 控方律师 |
[13:37] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[13:38] | Is there any compensation to your job other than money, | 你的工作除了钱以外 还有其它的补贴吗 |
[13:41] | – Ms. Heinberg? – What do you mean? | -海因伯格女士 -什么意思 |
[13:43] | – Are there other ways you are paid? – Yes. | -有其它的收入方式吗 -有 |
[13:47] | The joy of seeing a young mind grasp a new concept. | 看见年轻人理解新概念的喜悦 |
[13:51] | And what about the free Botox treatments? | 打免费的肉毒杆菌素呢 |
[13:53] | O-Objection. | 反…反对 |
[13:56] | – Uh, relevance. – It goes to credibility, Your Honor. | -无关 -与证人可信度有关 法官阁下 |
[13:58] | Well, I’m intrigued how we get from teaching to Botox, | 我对怎么从教学跳跃到肉毒杆菌素感兴趣 |
[14:01] | so, uh, cautiously overruled. | 所以 谨慎地裁定反对无效 |
[14:04] | You did receive free Botox treatments | 你的一位学生的母亲是皮肤科医生 |
[14:05] | from the mother of a student who was a dermatologist, did you not? | 你接受了她给你免费打肉毒杆菌素 对吗 |
[14:08] | She offered it. | 她主动提的 |
[14:09] | And did you receive gifts from other parents, as well? | 你也从其它家长那里收受馈赠吗 |
[14:12] | Objection. Vague. | 反对 模糊表达 |
[14:13] | Then let me clarify. | 那我就说清楚 |
[14:15] | Did you receive… | 你是否收到过 |
[14:18] | season tickets to the symphony, | 交响乐队的季票 |
[14:20] | an apartment in London for the month of July, | 七月 伦敦的一间公寓 |
[14:22] | a guesthouse on Martha’s Vineyard | 八月 马撒葡萄园岛的 |
[14:25] | for the month of August…? | 一间客房 |
[14:26] | Some parents are deeply appreciative | 一些家长对学习环境 |
[14:28] | – of the learning environment. – Right. | -深表感激 -是的 |
[14:30] | So appreciative that they swore out these affidavits. | 感激到他们写下了这些宣誓书 |
[14:33] | Here you go. | 给你们的 |
[14:35] | Affidavits stating | 宣誓书陈述 |
[14:36] | that they felt pressured by you | 他们是在你的压迫之下 |
[14:38] | to offer these gifts. | 送出的这些礼物 |
[14:39] | That it was a quid pro quo | 是换取你写的 |
[14:41] | for your glowing letters of recommendation. | 大加美言的推荐信的条件 |
[14:43] | That’s not true, | 事实不是这样的 |
[14:44] | and I’m deeply offended by the implication. | 我对这种暗示非常气愤 |
[14:46] | I don’t think I’m implying anything, ma’am; | 我并没有在暗示什么 女士 |
[14:48] | I’m asking questions. | 我是在问问题 |
[14:50] | And now I’m done. | 现在我问完了 |
[14:53] | Do I get to defend myself? | 我可以为自己辩护吗 |
[14:54] | No. That’s not how this works. | 不 流程不是这样的 |
[14:56] | She gets to defend herself. You… | 她可以为自己辩护 而你… |
[15:01] | are excused, ma’am. | 可以离开了 女士 |
[15:05] | Call Amy Breslin to the stand. | 传艾米·布雷斯林出庭作证 |
[15:18] | The surprise witness? | 她是奇袭证人吗 |
[15:20] | I think so. | 应该是 |
[15:21] | What will she say? | 她会说什么 |
[15:55] | They just sprang the surprise witness on us. | 他们刚突然传唤了奇袭证人 |
[15:59] | No. | 不可能 |
[16:03] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道呢 |
[16:03] | Because the surprise witness couldn’t possibly | 因为奇袭证人此时此刻 |
[16:05] | be on the stand right now. | 不可能站在证人席上 |
[16:08] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[16:10] | Because the surprise witness is… | 因为奇袭证人是… |
[16:26] | You and Maia Rindell have lived together for, uh… | 你和玛娅·林德尔同居了… |
[16:31] | was it three? | 三年 |
[16:33] | What is it, four years? | 多少来着 四年吗 |
[16:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:37] | Is it fair to say that you two are in love? | 如果说你们两人相爱 这样公正合理吗 |
[16:41] | I think it is. | 我认为是的 |
[16:43] | And you live in a 2,000-square-foot apartment | 你们住在湖滨大道的 |
[16:47] | on Lake Shore Drive | 一栋186平米的的公寓里 |
[16:49] | with a rent of… | 租金是… |
[16:54] | You have that? | 你有吗 |
[16:56] | No, I-I-I’ve got it. | 不 在我这 |
[16:59] | – Uh, is that right? – Yeah. | -是这数吗 -对 |
[17:01] | Oh, wow. $4,500 a month? | 每月4500美元 |
[17:04] | Uh, we used to live there. | 我们以前住那儿 |
[17:05] | We don’t anymore. | 现在不住了 |
[17:06] | Well, that’s too bad. Sounds nice. | 可惜了 听着不错 |
[17:09] | Is there a reason for the move? | 搬家有什么原因吗 |
[17:10] | We can’t afford it. | 我们住不起了 |
[17:11] | Because Maia’s parents were paying most of the rent? | 是因为房租主要是由玛娅的父母支付吗 |
[17:13] | We will stipulate that Maia’s parents paid 80% of the rent | 我们会对玛娅读法学院及司考期间 |
[17:17] | while she was at law school and studying for the bar. | 其父母负担八成的房租做出证实 |
[17:19] | Thank you, Ms. Quinn. | 谢谢 奎恩女士 |
[17:22] | And you went on vacations | 你和林德尔一家 |
[17:25] | with the Rindell family twice a year? | 每年都会一同度假两次 |
[17:27] | Spain in the spring of 2016. | 2016年春季去了西班牙 |
[17:30] | Italy in December. | 十二月去了意大利 |
[17:31] | We will stipulate that they also went on vacations. | 我们会对他们度假做出证实 |
[17:34] | Why don’t you let me ask my questions? | 你怎么就不能让我提问呢 |
[17:36] | Okay, wait. Cooler heads. | 等等 冷静一下 |
[17:38] | Why are we on this tour of their lives, Mr. Morrello? | 我们为什么要探究他们的生活 莫雷洛先生 |
[17:42] | Well, Maia was receiving $300,000 a year | 玛娅每年收到其父母的钱 |
[17:47] | of her parents’ money. | 高达30万 |
[17:48] | Money for vacations, cars, | 这些钱用来度假 买车 |
[17:51] | luxury apartments. | 豪华公寓 |
[17:53] | And all of this money was stolen directly | 而所有钱都是直接从 |
[17:55] | from middle-class people like Ms. Heinberg. | 海因伯格女士这样的中产阶级偷来的 |
[17:58] | Yeah, go ahead. You can proceed. | 好 问吧 你可以继续提问了 |
[17:59] | Did your father | 你的父亲 |
[18:01] | want to invest in the Rindell Fund, Amy? | 是否也曾想要投资林德尔基金 艾米 |
[18:03] | – Yes. – And was he allowed to do so? | -是的 -允许他投资了吗 |
[18:10] | No. | 没有 |
[18:11] | He wanted to cash in his IRA and invest… | 他想要把个人退休金账户兑现 |
[18:15] | $140,000 in the Rindell Fund, | 然后把14万投资到林德尔基金里 |
[18:20] | but you were told by Maia that that wasn’t enough? | 但是玛娅告诉你这些不够吗 |
[18:23] | – Yes. – Even though her high school teacher | -是的 -即使她的高中老师 |
[18:26] | was allowed in the fund for less than half that amount? | 连这个数的一半都不到也让投资了 |
[18:28] | Objection. Is Mr. Morrello testifying? | 反对 出庭作证的是莫雷洛先生吗 |
[18:30] | Yeah, uh, sustained. | 是的 反对有效 |
[18:33] | Amy, is it possible | 艾米 有没有可能 |
[18:35] | that Maia was protecting your dad | 玛娅当时是为了保护你父亲 |
[18:38] | by warning him off the fund? | 而告诫他不要投资基金 |
[18:40] | Objection. Speculative. | 反对 推测 |
[18:41] | I’ll rephrase. | 我重说 |
[18:43] | After Maia turned down your father’s money, | 玛娅拒绝你父亲的投资之后 |
[18:47] | did you ask Maia | 你是否问过玛娅 |
[18:49] | if something was wrong with the fund? | 基金是不是出现了问题 |
[18:59] | Y-Yes. | 是的 |
[19:01] | And what did she say? | 她说什么了 |
[19:04] | Maia didn’t say anything. | 玛娅什么都没说 |
[19:11] | Sh-She nodded. | 她点了头 |
[19:14] | Meaning there was something wrong with the fund? | 意思是基金出了问题 |
[19:18] | That’s how I understood it. | 我是这么理解的 |
[19:21] | Thank you, | 谢谢 |
[19:22] | Ms. Breslin, | 你的如实回答 |
[19:23] | for your honesty. | 布雷斯林女士 |
[19:26] | Oh, uh, one more question. | 还有一个问题 |
[19:29] | Did you and Maia ever discuss marriage? | 你和玛娅有讨论过结婚吗 |
[19:37] | – Would you like me to repeat the question? – Uh, no. | -需要我再重复一遍吗 -不用 |
[19:39] | Uh, yes, we discussed marriage. | 是的 我们讨论过 |
[19:42] | Who proposed to whom? | 谁跟谁求婚的 |
[19:44] | Maia proposed to me. | 玛娅向我求婚的 |
[19:46] | Had the indictments already been issued | 当时已经向她家 |
[19:48] | for her family at that time? | 下达起诉书了吗 |
[19:49] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 无关 |
[19:51] | It seems relevant to me. | 在我看来是有关的 |
[19:53] | The prosecutor is suggesting that marriage | 控方是在暗示 |
[19:55] | was proposed to keep Ms. Breslin from testifying. | 求婚是为了防止布雷斯林女士作证 |
[19:58] | Spousal privilege. | 配偶特权 |
[19:59] | Uh, uh, yes. | 是的 |
[20:00] | The indictments had already been issued. | 已经下达起诉书了 |
[20:04] | And you turned down the proposal? | 你拒绝求婚了对吗 |
[20:09] | I did. | 是的 |
[20:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:13] | Uh, it… | 原因 |
[20:14] | it’s complicated. | 很复杂 |
[20:17] | Were you worried | 你是担心 |
[20:18] | that Maia had an ulterior motive for proposing? | 玛娅求婚是别有用心吗 |
[20:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:45] | – I should testify. – No. | -我应该出庭作证 -不行 |
[20:47] | That’s what they want. | 这就是他们的目的 |
[20:49] | They’ll kill you. | 他们会问死你 |
[20:50] | I think they already killed me. | 我觉得我已经死了 |
[20:55] | You could take the one year. | 你可以接受认罪协议入狱一年 |
[20:58] | No, I can’t. | 不行 |
[21:00] | I was already in there for two weeks. | 我已经蹲了两星期 |
[21:02] | I know, but five years, Maia? | 我理解 但是可能会判五年 玛娅 |
[21:05] | They have a good case. | 他们赢面很大 |
[21:06] | Ah, you’re back. Good. | 你终于回来了 好 |
[21:08] | Let me show you to your new office. | 让我带你去你的新办公室 |
[21:09] | – I know where it is. – No, it got moved. | -我知道在哪 -不 换地方了 |
[21:12] | You think we have a copycat situation | 你认为现在客户们开始纷纷效仿 |
[21:14] | where clients will start threatening their attorneys? | 威胁自己的律师 |
[21:17] | I think it’s a version of the old lawyer joke. | 我认为这是一个老律师笑话的改编版 |
[21:19] | How do you save a lawyer from drowning? | 如何救一个溺水的律师 |
[21:22] | You take your foot off his head. | 把踩在他脑袋上的脚挪开 |
[21:27] | Seriously, though, | 言归正传 |
[21:28] | how much of a problem is this? | 这会造成多大的影响 |
[21:30] | Obviously, any time someone resorts to violence, | 很明显 任何时候有人诉诸于暴力 |
[21:32] | it’s a problem. | 都会造成严重影响 |
[21:33] | But lawyers in particular… | 但是对于律师来说… |
[21:36] | You’re coming with me. | 跟我走 |
[21:37] | – I’m coming with you? – To drink. | -我跟你走吗 -去喝一杯 |
[21:40] | And I will not be denied. | 你不能拒绝我 |
[21:42] | I need to know what this place is all about. | 我需要了解下这里的各种规则 |
[21:46] | Um, give me ten minutes. | 等我十分钟 |
[21:47] | There’s also some of that brought on… | 还有一些是由… |
[21:49] | …by the lawyers themselves. | 律师自己导致的 |
[21:51] | Until you need them, right? | 直到你需要找律师 对吗 |
[21:53] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[21:54] | He’s a son of a bitch, but he’s my son of a bitch. | 他是个混蛋 不过是我的混蛋律师 |
[22:00] | Maia, you can find a cubicle. | 玛娅 你可以找一个小隔间 |
[22:02] | It’s still a hot desk system, | 办公桌还是公用的 |
[22:03] | so keep your laptop with you. | 所以笔记本随身带着 |
[22:05] | And here we go, Lucca. | 到了 卢卡 |
[22:09] | Your new office. | 你的新办公室 |
[22:13] | Uh, my office is right across from you. | 我的办公室就在你对门 |
[22:16] | Sounds good. | 挺好 |
[22:18] | I thought you’d be more unhappy. | 我还想着你会比现在要不高兴 |
[22:21] | Would you excuse me? | 失陪一下 |
[22:26] | Hi. | 你好 |
[22:27] | Want to include me in on this? | 能告诉我你们在说什么吗 |
[22:28] | Um, it’s just a thought. | 只是一个想法 |
[22:30] | About Maia’s case? | 关于玛娅的案子吗 |
[22:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:34] | But you can’t tell me? | 但你不能告诉我 |
[22:35] | I was talking about Amy’s testimony. | 我们刚才在聊艾米的证词 |
[22:37] | Diane, this is silly. | 戴安 这样很傻 |
[22:38] | You’re telling Maia, and Maia is telling me. | 你告诉玛娅 玛娅告诉我 |
[22:41] | Let’s just cut out the middleman. | 不如直接省了传话人这一道 |
[22:43] | Is all this information coming from our new name partner? | 信息是从我们的新冠名合伙人那来的吗 |
[22:58] | Amy’s not the surprise witness. | 艾米不是奇袭证人 |
[23:00] | She isn’t? | 不是她 |
[23:02] | Who is? | 那是谁 |
[23:09] | What do you know? | 你知道些什么 |
[23:11] | The Rindell Foundation. | 林德尔基金 |
[23:14] | I drew up the papers of incorporation. | 我起草了注册文书 |
[23:18] | They’re gonna come after me for my work on the foundation. | 他们要攻击我在基金职务的事 |
[23:21] | – That is not good. – No. | -这很不利 -确实 |
[23:25] | The advantage that this gives us is we know it’s coming. | 优势是我们知道他们会出什么招 |
[23:28] | – We prepare your testimony. – Yes. | -我们可以准备你的证词 -是的 |
[23:30] | And I act surprised when they subpoena me. | 当他们传讯我时我会故作惊讶 |
[23:33] | That’s a start. | 良好开局 |
[23:41] | I will call Colin. | 我给科林打电话 |
[23:43] | Ask if he can do any better than a year. | 问他能不能把判刑减到一年之下 |
[23:46] | I think I might have another option. | 我觉得可能还有个选择 |
[23:49] | What? | 什么 |
[23:50] | I can’t say right now. | 现在不能告诉你 |
[24:09] | Diane Lockhart’s office. | 戴安·洛哈特办公室 |
[24:12] | Uh, she’ll get back to you. | 她稍后回您电话 |
[24:15] | I need help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[24:17] | Fuck yeah. What? | 求之不得 什么事 |
[24:21] | The FBI, they gave this photo to us. | 联调局 他们给了我这张照片 |
[24:24] | Now, this woman, | 现在这个女人 |
[24:26] | she picked up a million dollars from one of my dad’s | 她从我爸在迪拜的一个海外银行账户 |
[24:28] | overseas bank accounts in Dubai. | 取走了一百万 |
[24:31] | Oh, my God. Seriously? | 天啊 真的吗 |
[24:33] | Now, the FBI don’t know who she is, | 现在联调局还不知道她是谁 |
[24:35] | but I think I do. | 但我知道 |
[24:37] | Okay, who is it? | 好吧 是谁 |
[24:38] | – Rosalie Richetta. – Richetta. | -罗莎莉·理查塔 -理查塔 |
[24:41] | I’m taking some notes, okay? | 我记下笔记 可以吗 |
[24:43] | Between us, right? | 不会外泄吧 |
[24:46] | She was my old tennis coach hired by my parents, | 她原来是我爸妈给我请的网球教练 |
[24:48] | and I think she’s helping my dad. | 我觉得她是帮我爸做事 |
[24:50] | – You want to locate her to locate him? – Yes. | -你想通过她来找你爸 -是的 |
[24:52] | He has evidence that will prove | 他手上有证据能证明 |
[24:54] | I am not responsible for the foundation. | 我不承担基金的责任 |
[24:56] | Make that clear if you speak to her. | 要是你找到她了 说清楚 |
[24:58] | It’s not about my dad returning, okay? | 不是要我爸回来 好吗 |
[25:00] | It is not about him giving up his freedom. | 不是要他投案自首 |
[25:02] | It is about the evidence that will keep me | 我只是要能证明我清白 |
[25:04] | from going to jail for five years. | 免于五年牢狱之灾的证据 |
[25:06] | It’s the least he can do. | 至少他应该为我做这个 |
[25:08] | – I’ll find her. – Thank you. | -我会找到她的 -谢了 |
[25:12] | I remember her talking about living in Little Village, | 我记得她说过她住在小村庄 |
[25:15] | – but she’s not there anymore. – Got it. | -但她现在不在那了 -明白 |
[25:18] | Hey, if I can, I’m keeping you out of prison. | 要是我找到了她 就不会让你坐牢 |
[25:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:28] | No. | 不 |
[25:31] | Your-You’re shitting me? | 你在搞笑吧 |
[25:32] | No. | 不可能 |
[25:34] | Will Gardner would’ve taken ten years? | 威尔·加德纳可能会坐十年牢吗 |
[25:36] | He probably would’ve taken 15 years. | 可能是十五年 |
[25:38] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[25:40] | We had a bad case. | 情况对我们很不利 |
[25:44] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[25:44] | Well he, he was a good lawyer. | 他是个很厉害的律师 |
[25:47] | Oh, he, he was. He was a badass. | 是啊 他是个狠角色 |
[25:51] | Hey, how come, how come we never fought each other? | 我们怎么从没有交锋过 |
[25:56] | You were afraid. | 你害怕了 |
[25:59] | Okay. | 行啊 |
[26:01] | All right. | 好吧 |
[26:04] | I need to ask you this. | 我要问你件事 |
[26:07] | I’m ready. | 洗耳恭听 |
[26:09] | Why you slipping us information? | 为什么你要把消息透露给我们 |
[26:12] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:13] | Yeah. You don’t need to. | 是啊 你不必这样做 |
[26:16] | We only want you for your name. | 我们只想要你的冠名 |
[26:21] | Ah, you know. | 你懂的 |
[26:23] | I made my life the U.S. Attorney’s Office. | 我在联邦检察院待了一辈子 |
[26:26] | Ten years. | 十年了 |
[26:27] | Ten fucking years. | 整整十年 |
[26:29] | Can you believe that? | 你能相信吗 |
[26:30] | Yes, unfortunately, I can. | 很遗憾 我真能 |
[26:34] | They suck you dry. | 他们会把人榨干 |
[26:36] | Yep, they do. | 没错 |
[26:39] | And then they just– poof– | 他们就这样 |
[26:42] | you just don’t exist to them. | 否认了你的存在 |
[26:45] | I wrote a tweet. | 我写了一条推文 |
[26:48] | Reasonable people should not be allowed near tweets. | 理智的人都不应该碰推特 |
[26:51] | No, I avoid them like the plague. | 是 我像躲瘟疫一样躲着它们 |
[26:54] | And now I am gunning for them. | 现在我就盯上他们了 |
[26:58] | I’m gonna destroy them. | 我要摧毁他们 |
[27:04] | it’s terrible, huh? | 非常可怕 是吗 |
[27:05] | Yeah. Everybody’s dying. | 嗯 死亡接踵而至 |
[27:11] | People die. | 人会死 |
[27:13] | No. I-I just don’t know | 不 我就是不知道 |
[27:14] | what’s going on in the world anymore. | 这世界到底怎么了 |
[27:17] | I read the news, I watch the news, | 我读报纸 看新闻 |
[27:20] | and it doesn’t make any sense. | 都没有任何意义 |
[27:22] | It’s not just bad, it’s insane. | 不仅仅是糟糕 是疯狂 |
[27:25] | Well, you know, every generation has its different insane. | 每代人有每代人的疯狂 |
[27:28] | No, that’s just to make us feel better. | 不 这话只是让我们觉得好过点 |
[27:30] | But th-this is insane. | 但这太疯狂了 |
[27:33] | George Orwell wouldn’t know | 就算乔治·奥威尔[英国小说家]都不知道 |
[27:34] | where to start today. | 如何下笔来评判今天 |
[27:36] | Yeah, well, what can we do about it, you know? | 是的 我们又能怎么办呢 |
[27:38] | I don’t know. Take a break. | 我不知道 休息一下 |
[27:40] | Give it up. | 放弃 |
[27:43] | Find another worthy occupation. | 找另一个有价值的职业 |
[27:47] | Pastry chef. | 糕点师 |
[27:50] | Yes. Yes, all right. | 对 是 很好 |
[27:52] | You and me, the two of us, pastry chefs. | 你和我 我们俩 去做糕点师 |
[27:57] | At least it, you know, brings people pleasure. | 至少能给人带来快乐 |
[28:01] | People aren’t shooting their pastry chefs. | 不会有人开枪杀他们的糕点师 |
[28:09] | Dark night of the soul. | 灵魂的黑夜 |
[28:13] | Who knew it can go on for weeks? | 谁能料到会持续几周呢 |
[28:44] | I was under oath. | 我宣过誓了 |
[28:56] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么办 |
[29:01] | Give me a category for the question. | 告诉我这个问题的类别 |
[29:04] | About us. | 关于我们 |
[29:19] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:22] | I was telling the truth. | 我说的是事实 |
[29:23] | I-I was always… | 我一向都是… |
[29:24] | I did not nod. | 我没有点头 |
[29:28] | Y-Yes, you did. | 不 你点头了 |
[29:31] | Amy, it’s just the two of us here. | 艾米 这里只有我们俩 |
[29:35] | I did not nod. | 我没有点头 |
[29:42] | Then I’m a liar. | 那我是个骗子了 |
[29:44] | Then I should just leave right now. | 那我就该立刻离开 |
[29:47] | I mean, why stay with someone who lies to put you in prison? | 为什么跟一个撒谎害你进监狱的人在一起呢 |
[30:12] | Maia. | 玛娅 |
[30:24] | Maia. | 玛娅 |
[30:57] | I love bounce houses. | 我喜欢蹦床屋 |
[30:59] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[31:00] | Takes me back to being a kid. | 让我想到自己孩提时的样子 |
[31:01] | Don’t you want to just go in there | 你难道不想进去 |
[31:02] | and push the kids out, and jump around? | 把孩子们推出来 自己四处蹦吗 |
[31:06] | Uh, which one’s yours? | 你的孩子是哪个 |
[31:09] | The one at the back, Timmy. | 后面那个 蒂米 |
[31:13] | Timmy, don’t push. | 蒂米 别推 |
[31:16] | I’m Esther. | 我是埃丝特 |
[31:17] | Marissa. | 梅丽莎 |
[31:21] | Hey, did you have a sister who used to teach tennis? | 你是不是有个姐姐之前是教网球的 |
[31:24] | I did. Rosalie. Do you know her? | 是的 罗莎莉 你认识她吗 |
[31:27] | Yeah. My parents hired her. | 认识 我父母曾雇过她 |
[31:28] | – She was great. – She was. | -她那时很棒 -确实是 |
[31:30] | She is. | 她现在也很棒 |
[31:32] | Where is she now? | 她现在在哪里 |
[31:34] | Everywhere. | 哪都去 |
[31:35] | Overseas. | 国外 |
[31:36] | It’s a very long walkabout. | 是个长期旅行 |
[31:39] | I want a long walkabout. | 我想有长期旅行 |
[31:41] | We shouldn’t have had kids. | 我们不该要孩子 |
[31:45] | Does she ever get back? | 她回来过吗 |
[31:46] | Rosalie? No. | 罗莎莉吗 没有 |
[31:49] | But I’ll tell her you said hi. | 但我会代你向她问好 |
[31:50] | She calls once a week. | 她每周都会打个电话 |
[31:52] | Great. Then I have a favor to ask. | 太好了 那我要请她帮个忙 |
[31:56] | My girlfriend’s name is Maia Rindell. | 我的女朋友叫玛娅·林德尔 |
[31:58] | Rosalie used to coach her, too. | 罗莎莉也教过她 |
[32:00] | And she needs Rosalie to get in touch with her. | 她需要罗莎莉联系她 |
[32:04] | Maia has a warning for her father and Rosalie. | 玛娅有事情要提醒她爸爸和罗莎莉 |
[32:06] | The Feds are onto their location. | 联调局在查他们的位置 |
[32:09] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[32:11] | That’s okay. Your sister will. | 没事 你姐姐知道 |
[32:14] | Tell her they’re in danger and to call this number. | 告诉她他们现在很危险 让她打这个电话 |
[32:16] | It’s a burner number, so it can’t be traced. | 这是一次性号码 所以不会被追踪到 |
[32:20] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[32:22] | Marissa. | 梅丽莎 |
[32:34] | Thank you for testifying | 谢谢你在突然通知的情况下 |
[32:35] | on such short notice, Ms. Lockhart. | 也过来作证 洛哈特女士 |
[32:37] | I didn’t have much choice; I was subpoenaed. | 我没得选 我收到传票了 |
[32:39] | Your Honor, again, this is prosecution by ambush. | 法官阁下 再次声明 这是突袭控诉 |
[32:42] | We are not prepared for this surprise witness. | 我们没有为这个奇袭证人做准备 |
[32:44] | Yes, and as I said, | 是 正如我说的 |
[32:46] | you will have time if you need it. | 如果你需要可以给你时间准备 |
[32:48] | Please, continue. | 请继续 |
[32:49] | You drew up the documents incorporating | 你起草了成立林德尔基金 |
[32:51] | the Rindell Foundation as a 501C(3). | 为免税慈善机构的章程 |
[32:55] | – Is that right, Ms. Lockhart? – Yes. | -是吗 洛哈特女士 -是的 |
[32:57] | And what was the stated purpose of the Rindell Foundation? | 林德尔基金声明的目的是什么 |
[33:01] | To provide medical and educational assistance | 为第三世界提供医疗 |
[33:03] | in the Third World. | 和教育援助 |
[33:04] | That’s a worthy goal. | 很有意义的目标 |
[33:07] | Do you know how much medical | 你知道这个基金 |
[33:09] | and educational assistance | 给第三世界提供了 |
[33:12] | the foundation provided to the Third World? | 多少医疗和教育援助吗 |
[33:15] | – I do not. – Would it surprise you to know | -我不知道 -它提供的资助是零 |
[33:17] | that it delivered zero? | 会不会让你感到意外 |
[33:19] | No dollars. No goods. | 一分没给 一件物品没提供 |
[33:20] | Objection. Counselor is testifying. | 反对 律师在作证 |
[33:23] | Yes, and quite well. Overruled. | 对 但他说得很好 反对无效 |
[33:26] | Did Henry Rindell ever ask you | 亨利·林德尔是否曾让你 |
[33:30] | to draw up an addendum | 给林德尔基金的章程 |
[33:32] | to the Rindell Foundation incorporation? | 起草附录 |
[33:36] | He did. | 是的 |
[33:37] | And did you have any issues with this addendum? | 你对这份附录有任何疑虑吗 |
[33:41] | – I did. – Why? | -有 -为什么 |
[33:43] | I thought it was questionable, ethically. | 我认为它有问题 道德上的 |
[33:46] | It mixed funds from the Rindell Fund | 它将林德尔公司的资金 |
[33:48] | with those of the foundation. | 和基金的资金混到一起了 |
[33:49] | In fact, it allowed Mr. Rindell to park funds | 事实上 它让林德尔先生将钱放在基金 |
[33:53] | in order to avoid SEC investigations. | 从而避免证交会的调查 |
[33:59] | Why did you draw up this addendum? | 你为什么要起草这份附录 |
[34:02] | I was ordered to. | 我受命这么做 |
[34:04] | By whom? | 谁下的命令 |
[34:05] | It was just a signed memo. | 这只是一份签署的备忘录 |
[34:07] | She probably didn’t know what she was signing. | 她很可能不知道她签了什么 |
[34:09] | Ms. Lockhart. | 洛哈特女士 |
[34:11] | Who ordered you to mix the funds? | 谁命令你混合资金的 |
[34:15] | The memo was signed by Maia Rindell. | 备忘录是玛娅·林德尔签署的 |
[34:29] | Everything all right, Ms. Rindell? | 没事吧 林德尔女士 |
[34:31] | Uh, yes, Your Honor. | 没事 法官阁下 |
[34:32] | My apologies… an emergency. | 抱歉 出现了紧急情况 |
[34:34] | Oh, okay. Uh, well, we’ll take a short recess. | 好 我们进行短暂的休庭 |
[34:38] | Yes, that was me. | 对 是我 |
[34:40] | Yes. Wait, one second. | 是 等一下 |
[34:43] | It’s Rosalie. | 是罗莎莉打来的 |
[34:45] | Rosalie? Not her sister? | 罗莎莉 不是她妹妹 |
[34:46] | No, Rosalie. | 不是 是罗莎莉 |
[34:54] | Hello. | 你好 |
[34:57] | Maia? | 玛娅 |
[35:02] | Yes. | 是我 |
[35:03] | How are you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[35:06] | I… good. | 我…不错 |
[35:09] | I-I mean, no, not really. | 其实 不算好 |
[35:12] | How’s your second serve? | 你的二发水平怎么样了 |
[35:16] | Probably about the same. | 可能没变化 |
[35:18] | I-I haven’t played in a long time. | 很久没打球了 |
[35:20] | Well, you should get back to it. | 你该重新练习起来 |
[35:23] | I might. | 也许吧 |
[35:27] | where are you living these days? | 你近来住在哪 |
[35:30] | Do you mind if I don’t answer that? | 我不说 你不会介意吧 |
[35:32] | It’s kind of tricky here right now. | 现在情况有些复杂 |
[35:34] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[35:36] | But, uh, I need something from you. | 但我有求于你 |
[35:40] | I need to speak to my father. | 我要跟我父亲通话 |
[35:43] | I haven’t seen your father in years, Maia. | 我已经有好些年没见过你父亲了 玛娅 |
[35:47] | Rosalie, that is not true. | 罗莎莉 绝非如此 |
[35:48] | It is true. | 是真的 |
[35:50] | The FBI showed me a photo of you, in Dubai, | 联调局给了我一张你在迪拜的照片 |
[35:53] | taking money out of his account. | 你从他的银行账户上取钱 |
[35:58] | Look, I know my dad isn’t coming back anytime soon. | 我知道我爸很久都不会回来 |
[36:01] | I… I just really need to talk to him. | 我只是想跟他说话 |
[36:05] | I have to get off the phone now, Maia. | 我得挂电话了 玛娅 |
[36:06] | No, no. Wait. Listen to me. | 别 等等 听我说 |
[36:08] | The FBI told me something that will help you both, | 联调局透露给我能帮助你俩的信息 |
[36:12] | something that will help you avoid them. | 帮你们避开他们 |
[36:18] | Rosalie? | 罗莎莉 |
[36:21] | I’m here. | 我在 |
[36:23] | I want to make a trade with my dad. | 我想跟我爸做个交易 |
[36:26] | I need a piece of information from him | 我需要他给我些消息 |
[36:28] | that will keep me out of prison. | 可以让我洗清嫌疑 |
[36:31] | Now, I’m gonna give you the number of another burner cell, | 我再给你个一次性电话号码 |
[36:33] | and I need my dad to call me tomorrow morning | 让我爸明早11点 |
[36:37] | at 11:00 Chicago time. | 芝加哥时间打给我 |
[36:39] | And if he doesn’t, | 如果我没接到电话 |
[36:40] | then I am going to let the FBI find both of you. | 我一定会让联调局找到你俩 |
[36:47] | Ms. Lockhart, could you read the CEO obligations | 洛哈特女士 请读一下公司章程中的 |
[36:50] | in these articles of incorporation? | 首席执行官职责 |
[36:52] | “Oversee board of the directors, | “监管董事会成员” |
[36:54] | any fundraising and financial management, | 监管集资和资金管理 |
[36:57] | oversight of infrastructure and foundation budget.” | “监管基础设施及基金会预算” |
[36:59] | And these articles are, in fact, for another nonprofit, correct? | 这其实是另一家非盈利机构的章程对吗 |
[37:03] | It appears to be. | 看上去是 |
[37:04] | But the language itself | 但语言本身 |
[37:06] | is almost exactly the same as from Maia’s foundation? | 却和玛娅基金会的章程几乎一致 |
[37:09] | – Yes. – Now, this is a memo signed by… | -是的 -这份是由其它非盈利基金的 |
[37:12] | the other nonprofit’s CEO. | 首席执行官签署的备忘录 |
[37:16] | Could you tell me what it states? | 请读一下上面的内容 |
[37:18] | That nonprofit funds should be mixed | 非盈利基金应该与 |
[37:21] | with the sponsoring body’s for-profit funds… | 赞助商的盈利性基金融为一体 |
[37:23] | I’m sorry. Objection. | 打断一下 反对 |
[37:25] | What… what is this? Another nonprofit? | 这什么意思 另一个非盈利基金 |
[37:27] | – Why are we looking at this? – We’re trying to show | -为什么要看这个 -我们试图说明 |
[37:29] | that the memo signed unknowingly by Maia… | 玛娅不知情时签署的备忘录… |
[37:31] | Objection to “Unknowingly.” | 反对”不知情” |
[37:33] | I’ll withdraw. | 撤回提问 |
[37:34] | That the memo signed by Maia | 说明对于非盈利基金的首席执行官来说 |
[37:36] | is not all that unusual for a nonprofit CEO. | 玛娅签署的备忘录并非不寻常 |
[37:39] | Well, this seems like a long way around, but… sure, | 虽然不够直接 但…可以 |
[37:42] | – overruled. – Now, Ms. Lockhart, | -反对无效 -洛哈特女士 |
[37:44] | what is the stated purpose of this other nonprofit? | 此非盈利基金的目标是什么 |
[37:47] | Could you please read there? | 请读一下 |
[37:48] | “To supply South American countries | “为南美洲国家提供” |
[37:50] | with legal assistance and education.” | “法律援助和教育” |
[37:52] | A worthy goal. Yes? | 很有意义的目标 是吗 |
[37:54] | – Yes. – And according to this document, | -是的 -根据这份文件所示 |
[37:56] | has the Kerry Foundation yet fulfilled this goal? | 凯利基金是否已实现目标 |
[37:59] | Yeah, okay, got it, got it. I got it. | 行了 我懂了 |
[38:02] | – Thank you. – I don’t. | -谢谢 -我还没懂 |
[38:03] | Uh, it’s a foundation of which I am on the board. | 我是这个基金会的董事 |
[38:07] | We have actually not done all that much, | 我们还没做过什么 |
[38:10] | and I am responsible for us meeting once in… six years. | 而我的职责就是安排会议…六年一次 |
[38:14] | And yes, I signed that memo without looking at it. | 没错 我签署备忘录时没仔细看过 |
[38:17] | – Your Honor, we mean no offense. – No, none taken. | -法官阁下 我们无意冒犯 -我不介意 |
[38:19] | I… We-we should have done better. | 我们本可以做得更好 |
[38:21] | Yes, but, Your Honor, your nonprofit was not used | 但法官阁下 您的非盈利基金 |
[38:25] | to park money from a Ponzi scheme. | 并未被用来搞庞氏骗局敛财 |
[38:27] | Yes. But if I’m honest, I wouldn’t know it. | 没错 但老实讲 就算有我也不知道 |
[38:31] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[38:33] | No further questions. | 没有其它问题了 |
[38:34] | Um, and it appears you didn’t need additional time | 看来你并不需要额外时间 |
[38:36] | to prepare for this witness. | 准备对此证人的提问 |
[38:39] | We just lucked out. | 走运罢了 |
[38:42] | Counselors, does the prosecution rest? | 律师们 控方还要提问吗 |
[38:47] | Counselors? | 律师们 |
[38:49] | Your Honor, we have one more witness. | 法官阁下 我们还有一个证人 |
[38:51] | But it requires transporting her from Greenville. | 但需要把她从格林威尔转移出来 |
[38:54] | So she’s incarcerated? | 她被监禁了吗 |
[38:56] | Yes, Your Honor. It’s the defendant’s mother, | 是的 法官阁下 是被告的母亲 |
[39:00] | Lenore Rindell. | 丽诺·林德尔 |
[39:13] | What could your mother say? | 你母亲会说什么 |
[39:16] | I really don’t know. | 我真不知道 |
[39:19] | Did she ever mention anything that was incriminating? | 她说过任何能让你被定罪的话吗 |
[39:27] | If she’s testifying against you, | 如果她指证你 |
[39:28] | that means they’ve offered her a deal. | 说明他们给了她好处 |
[39:30] | If they’ve offered her a deal, | 如果他们给了她好处 |
[39:31] | she has something to say that can hurt you. | 她一定有话会伤你 |
[39:35] | You want to know all the details of running an investment fund? | 你想知道经营投资基金的所有细节吗 |
[39:39] | No. | 不 |
[39:41] | No, I… | 不 我… |
[39:43] | I just want to know if there’s a problem. | 我只想知道有没有问题 |
[39:45] | There’s lots of problems. | 有很多问题 |
[39:47] | We should be prepared to attack her credibility. | 我们应该准备攻击她的可信度 |
[39:50] | You have no idea… | 你完全不知道 |
[39:52] | what she’s going to say? | 她会说什么吗 |
[39:55] | The people who invest with us | 与我们一起投资的人 |
[39:56] | believe your father walks on water. | 相信你父亲有水上漫步的能力 |
[40:02] | And he wants them to go on believing that. | 他希望他们继续这么想 |
[40:08] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[40:12] | He offsets his losses. | 他能抵消亏空 |
[40:14] | Offsets them how? | 怎么抵消 |
[40:16] | I don’t know how. | 我不知道 |
[40:18] | She told me there were problems. | 她跟我说基金有问题 |
[40:20] | What sort of problems? | 什么样的问题 |
[40:23] | A system to offset losses. | 抵消亏空的操作 |
[40:27] | But no details. I mean… nothing else. | 但并没有细节 仅此而已 |
[40:34] | What do I do? | 怎么办 |
[40:54] | That was just Joe Swoboda on the phone. | 刚跟乔·斯沃博达通过话 |
[40:56] | The heating oil king. | 那个取暖用油大王 |
[40:58] | And? | 然后呢 |
[40:59] | He’s coming on board. | 他决定加入 |
[41:08] | Yeah. | 太棒了 |
[41:11] | Not bad, Miss Liz… | 不错嘛 莉兹女士 |
[41:14] | – first week. – I can retire now? | -才第一周 -我可以退休了吗 |
[41:18] | You’re not what I expected. | 你跟我想的不一样 |
[41:20] | – Getting a lot of that. – Keep it up. | -很多人这么说 -继续保持 |
[41:26] | I wonder if we should keep our eyes out | 我在想是否需要留意一下 |
[41:28] | for bringing on another partner. | 寻求新的合伙人 |
[41:32] | – Why? – Diane Lockhart. | -为什么 -戴安·洛哈特 |
[41:34] | She’s thinking of leaving. | 她在考虑离开 |
[41:35] | – What? What? – Yeah. | -什么 -是的 |
[41:37] | All these deaths now. | 因为现在的律师死亡案 |
[41:39] | She’s thinking of retiring. | 她在考虑退休 |
[41:41] | She never said anything to you? | 她没跟你提过吗 |
[41:43] | No. | 没 |
[41:44] | Well… maybe I have it wrong. | 可能是我想多了吧 |
[41:47] | Don’t-don’t say I said anything. | 别告诉她我说了这些 |
[41:48] | Let her bring it up. | 让她自己提出来 |
[41:49] | But, uh, she said it was her dark night of the soul. | 但她说这是她灵魂的黑夜 |
[41:53] | Anyway… | 无所谓了… |
[41:54] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[41:56] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[42:14] | It’s a little late, isn’t it? | 有点晚了吧 |
[42:16] | Hey, how’s Ford doing? | 福德怎样了 |
[42:17] | Better. Second heart attack. | 有好转 第二次心脏病发了 |
[42:19] | He needs to go easier. | 他得悠着点了 |
[42:21] | Say hello for me. | 替我向他问好 |
[42:22] | I will. | 会的 |
[42:24] | – You know this is unorthodox? – Yes. | -你知道现在不是探班时间吧 -知道 |
[42:27] | And if you say no, you say no. | 如果你想拒绝的话就尽管说 |
[42:30] | Who do you want to see? | 你想见谁 |
[42:33] | Lenore Rindell. | 丽诺·林德尔 |
[42:35] | She was just transferred from Greenville. | 她刚从格林威尔转过来 |
[42:37] | Okay. I’ll give you ten minutes with her. | 行 你有十分钟的时间和她谈话 |
[42:42] | Let’s hope that’s enough. | 希望时间足够了 |
[42:56] | “I swear or affirm | “我发誓或证实” |
[42:58] | “that the testimony I’m about to give is the truth, | 我将如实作供 |
[43:01] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth.” | “此为所有事实 绝无虚言” |
[43:05] | Thank you, ma’am. You may sit. | 谢谢 女士 你可以就坐了 |
[43:13] | Could you state your name, please? | 能麻烦你陈述一下姓名吗 |
[43:15] | Lenore Rindell. | 丽诺·林德尔 |
[43:16] | And what is your address? | 你的住址是什么 |
[43:20] | FCI Greenville, | 格林威尔联邦教化所 |
[43:23] | satellite 2. | 二号卫星楼 |
[43:26] | And that’s the female minimum security prison | 那是格林威尔最低安全级别 |
[43:28] | – in Greenville? – Yes. | -女子监狱吗 -是的 |
[43:30] | And how long have you been incarcerated? | 你被收押了多少时间 |
[43:32] | Two months. | 两个月 |
[43:33] | You pled guilty to fraud? | 你承认犯下了欺诈罪 对吗 |
[43:35] | Yes. | 对 |
[43:36] | And the defendant here is your daughter, correct? | 本案被告是你的女儿 对吗 |
[43:42] | Yes. | 对 |
[43:44] | You’re aware that she is on trial for fraud as well? | 你知道她也被控欺诈罪 对吗 |
[43:49] | – Yes. – Ms. Rindell, | -对 -林德尔女士 |
[43:50] | do you have any testimony to share with the court | 你是否有关于你女儿有罪的证词 |
[43:53] | regarding your daughter’s guilt? | 想和法庭分享呢 |
[43:59] | – I do. – Good. | -我有 -好 |
[44:00] | And just so the defense doesn’t have to ask you these questions, | 省得辩方还要问你这些问题 |
[44:04] | did the Department of Justice | 司法部有没有 |
[44:06] | offer you a reduction in sentence | 给你提供减刑 |
[44:09] | in trade for this testimony? | 来换取这份证词呢 |
[44:11] | They did. | 有 |
[44:12] | And what was that offer? | 交易的内容是什么 |
[44:14] | I am now serving an eight-year sentence. | 我的刑期是八年 |
[44:18] | That sentence would be reduced to time served. | 这个刑期会被减为”已服刑完毕” |
[44:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:24] | Now, could you please | 现在 请你 |
[44:25] | tell the court what you told your daughter | 向法庭讲述 你在2016年7月6日 |
[44:27] | regarding the fund and the foundation | 告诉你女儿的那些 |
[44:30] | on July 6, 2016. | 有关资金和基金的内容 |
[44:37] | I don’t remember telling her anything. | 我记得我没告诉她什么 |
[44:45] | Ms. Rindell, did you not specifically inform your daughter | 林德尔女士 你难道没有明确告诉你女儿 |
[44:49] | that the fund and the foundation | 资金和基金的运行 |
[44:50] | were being run illegally? | 是不合法的吗 |
[44:52] | No. When did I do that? | 没有 我什么时候说的 |
[44:54] | Ms. Rindell, did you not warn your daughter | 林德尔女士 你没有警告你女儿 |
[44:57] | that she was at risk of going to jail? | 她有进监狱的风险吗 |
[44:58] | I know what you’re talking about– we were planning a vacation. | 我知道你在说什么了 我们在计划旅行 |
[45:02] | – A vacation? – To Vail. | -旅行 -去威尔 [科罗拉多] |
[45:05] | Somebody must have thought I said “Jail.” | 肯定是有人误听成了”监狱” |
[45:07] | Ms. Rindell, you… | 林德尔女士 你… |
[45:10] | Are you aware that making false statements under oath is a crime? | 你明白在宣誓后做假证是犯罪行为吗 |
[45:14] | – Yes. – And that any arrangement | -明白 -而且减刑安排 |
[45:17] | regarding your sentence is dependent upon your testimony? | 是基于你这份供词才会有效的 |
[45:24] | Yes. | 明白 |
[45:31] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官阁下 |
[45:44] | Anything from the defense? | 辩方还有问题吗 |
[45:46] | No, Your Honor. | 没有了 法官阁下 |
[45:48] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢你 女士 |
[45:49] | You are dismissed. | 你可以离开了 |
[46:10] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[46:11] | I think my dad has a lot of issues, | 我认为我爸有很多毛病 |
[46:13] | but lateness isn’t one of them. | 但他不会不守时 |
[46:16] | So if he hasn’t called… | 所以如果他还不打来… |
[46:30] | Hello? | 你好 |
[46:33] | Hello, sweetheart. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[46:36] | Dad. | 爸 |
[46:37] | It is so good to hear your voice, Maia. | 听到你的声音真好 玛娅 |
[46:40] | Yours, too. | 我也是 |
[46:42] | I’m sorry about the way this all went down. | 很抱歉事情发展成了这样 |
[46:45] | None of it is what I wanted. | 我没想过让这些事发生 |
[46:48] | I know. I know. | 我知道 |
[46:50] | I love you, Maia. | 我爱你 玛娅 |
[46:51] | I love your mother. | 我爱你的母亲 |
[46:53] | I want to help you in any way I can. | 我想尽可能地帮你们 |
[46:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[47:03] | What is it about the Feds you wanted to say? | 你想说什么关于联调局的事 |
[47:08] | They offered a deal, Dad. | 他们给了一个提议 爸 |
[47:11] | If you turn yourself in, | 如果你自首的话 |
[47:13] | they’ll let Mom off with time served, | 他们会让妈妈减刑为”已服刑完毕” |
[47:15] | and I… wouldn’t be prosecuted. | 而且我不会被起诉 |
[47:19] | If they had you in custody. | 但前提是他们会把你收押 |
[47:26] | Dad? | 爸 |
[47:31] | I thought it was something about my location, Maia. | 我以为你是想说关于我所在位置的事 |
[47:34] | The Feds have a picture of Rosalie in Dubai? | 联调局有罗莎莉在迪拜的照片吗 |
[47:42] | yeah, and, uh… | 对 还有… |
[47:44] | another one in Italy, too. | 一张她在意大利的照片 |
[47:48] | Do they know exactly | 他们知道在意大利的 |
[47:49] | where in Italy, dear? | 确切位置吗 亲爱的 |
[47:53] | No. | 不 |
[47:54] | No, not yet. | 暂时不知道 |
[47:55] | How far off, Captain? | 还要多久 队长 |
[47:58] | Mom’s in jail, Dad, | 妈妈进监狱了 爸 |
[48:00] | and she is really suffering. | 她在受苦 |
[48:02] | She had a chance to get out if she testified against me, | 如果指证我的话 她本可以出狱 |
[48:05] | but she wouldn’t. | 但她没那么做 |
[48:06] | I miss you, Maia. | 我想念你 玛娅 |
[48:07] | I miss you both so very much. | 我很想你们俩 |
[48:09] | Then turn yourself in. | 那就自首吧 |
[48:15] | Do you remember when I broke my arm in third grade | 你记得我三年级时 摔断了手臂 |
[48:18] | and… I was crying so bad, | 我哭得很厉害 |
[48:22] | and… and you said, | 然后你说 |
[48:24] | you said to me that you would do anything | 你和我说 只要能让我不再痛苦 |
[48:28] | to take my pain away? | 你愿意做任何事 |
[48:31] | Do you remember? | 你还记得吗 |
[48:33] | Well, you can. | 你能做到的 |
[48:36] | Dad, you can. | 爸爸 你可以的 |
[48:37] | You can take my pain away, and Mom’s. | 你可以让我和妈妈不再痛苦 |
[48:44] | Please. | 求你了 |
[48:45] | Maia, Maia, you don’t understand. | 玛娅 你不明白 |
[48:48] | They’ll crucify me. | 他们会把我大卸八块的 |
[48:49] | There’s no negotiating with them. Th-There… | 我不会有任何讨价还价的余地 |
[48:52] | I’m sorry, Maia, | 对不起 玛娅 |
[48:53] | but I have to go. I love you very much. | 但我得挂了 我非常爱你 |
[48:55] | Please believe me. Hey, hey, hey, hey! Calma, calma. | 请相信我 嘿 冷静 |
[48:58] | Be calm. Take it easy. I’m innocent. | 冷静 慢点 我是无辜的 |
[49:02] | No, no, no, no. I’m innocent. | 不 我是无辜的 |
[49:06] | Maia, Maia, call the consulate. | 玛娅 打电话给领事馆 |
[49:08] | They’re-they’re arresting me. | 他们在逮捕我 |
[49:09] | Maia! Maia! Maia! | 玛娅 |
[49:11] | – I didn’t do… – Bye, Dad. | -我没有… -再见 爸 |
[49:15] | Maia… | 玛娅… |