时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | So, please look at the camera, but once it passes you, | 请看镜头 等镜头绕过你的时候 |
[00:26] | if you could exit, sir, | 你就可以离开了 先生 |
[00:27] | is the note. Okay. | 指引是这么写的 好了 |
[00:28] | Okay, let’s send the camera to one. | 摄像机到一号位 |
[00:30] | Can you hear me, sir? | 能听到吗 先生 |
[00:32] | Yes. | 能 |
[00:33] | Can you talk for a minute? | 能聊一下吗 |
[00:35] | About what? | 聊什么 |
[00:37] | Anything. We just need a sound check. | 什么都可以 我们需要试音 |
[00:40] | Check, check. One, two, three, four. Check. | 测试 测试 一二三四 测试 |
[00:43] | Good. It’ll just be a minute. | 没问题 马上就到你了 |
[00:45] | You’ll hear the feed from our main studio, | 等会儿你会听见我们主演播室的声音 |
[00:47] | and Ted will introduce you. | 泰德会介绍你 |
[00:49] | Just speak to the lens please. | 请对着镜头说话 |
[00:56] | Uh, that’s right. | 没错 |
[00:57] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[01:02] | Uh, ex-excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[01:04] | Now, these are the same lawyers | 但也正是这些律师 |
[01:05] | offering their services free of charge. | 在免费提供法律服务 |
[01:10] | Uh, please, let me, let me finish, ma’am. | 请让我说完 女士 |
[01:16] | My apologies. | 我很抱歉 |
[01:17] | I-I can’t see you. | 我看不见你 |
[01:21] | Well, I’m not involved in the Peepercase, | 我没有参与窥踪新闻案 |
[01:23] | but I think it was a mistake | 但我觉得辩方律师不该 |
[01:26] | for the defense attorney to concede the point. | 在这个节骨眼上作出让步 |
[01:32] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[01:34] | That’s it? | 就完了吗 |
[01:35] | Yes. I’ll be in in a sec to unhook you. | 对 我待会进来把你的设备解开 |
[01:49] | Uh, excuse me. | 借过一下 |
[01:54] | – What? – The show last night. | -怎么了 -昨晚的节目 |
[01:55] | – You were good. – Thank you. | -你表现很不错 -谢谢 |
[01:58] | – Uh, Diane, Julius? – In your office. | -戴安和朱利叶斯呢 -在你办公室 |
[02:00] | And there’s a visitor here for you. | 还有个人找你 |
[02:01] | – I put him in the conference room. – Who? | -我让他在会议室里等 -谁 |
[02:03] | I don’t know. Dale somebody. | 我不知道 戴尔什么的 |
[02:07] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[02:08] | Well, Mr. Jeffrey Toobin, how did it go? | 这不是杰弗瑞·图宾嘛 节目拍得如何 |
[02:10] | Fast. | 拍得很快 |
[02:12] | So, um, who’s in the conference room? | 会议室里的那个人是谁 |
[02:15] | Dale Kuzma, | 戴尔·库兹马 |
[02:16] | editor of Peeper News. | 《窥踪新闻》的编辑 |
[02:19] | Damn. | 糟糕 |
[02:22] | I talked about Peeper last night. | 我昨晚聊了《窥踪新闻》 |
[02:23] | He’s probably pissed off. | 他大概很生气 |
[02:25] | The next time they ask me to be a pundit, | 下次他们再邀我去做评论员 |
[02:27] | tell me no. | 就算了吧 |
[02:30] | Uh, wait, wait, wait. We’ve got to discuss Lucca. | 等等 我们得商量下卢卡的事 |
[02:33] | We can’t ask her if she’s pregnant. It’s illegal. | 我们不能问她是否怀孕了 这是违法的 |
[02:36] | And Lucca’s not saying anything. | 卢卡什么也没说 |
[02:37] | No, but she has the Marconi case in two months, | 是没说 但马科尼的案子两个月后就要开庭 |
[02:40] | so if we’re gonna make a change, we have to make it now. | 如果要变更人选 现在就得变 |
[02:43] | That’s why she’s not saying anything. | 这就是为什么她什么都没说 |
[02:45] | She don’t want to get bumped to second chair | 她不想被降为次席律师 |
[02:46] | biggest case of the year. | 这是今年最大的案子了 |
[02:48] | Okay. I’ll talk to her friend, Maia. | 好吧 我会和她的朋友玛娅聊聊 |
[02:50] | She might know what delivery date we’re looking at. | 她可能会知道预产期是什么时候 |
[02:55] | So, about my case and what you said. | 我那案子 你所说的 |
[02:58] | Look, I shouldn’t have said anything. | 我不该那样说的 |
[03:00] | And that’s between you and your lawyer. | 那是你和你律师间的事 |
[03:02] | I fired my lawyer. I want you. | 我把我律师解雇了 我要雇你 |
[03:05] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[03:06] | I want you as my new lawyer. | 我想雇你做我的新律师 |
[03:08] | What do you need from me? | 你需要我提供什么 |
[03:10] | Mr. Kuzma, you’re in the middle of trial. | 库兹马先生 你的案子正在审判过程中 |
[03:11] | No. We just finished voir dire. | 没有 才弄完陪审团的资格审查 |
[03:13] | Trials take months of preparation. | 准备一个案子要好几个月的时间 |
[03:15] | My comments, my criticisms of your lawyer, | 我对你律师的那些评论和批判 |
[03:18] | completely uncalled for. | 都不太适当 |
[03:19] | But… was it true? | 但你说的是实话吗 |
[03:25] | there are probably some unknowns I’m not aware of. | 这案子可能还有一些我不太知情的地方 |
[03:27] | – What do you want, a retainer or something? – Mr. Kuzma, | -你要什么 钱吗 -库兹马先生 |
[03:29] | the judge will never agree to a change in lawyer | 法官绝对不会同意让你换律师的 |
[03:31] | this late in the process. | 案子都到这个阶段了 |
[03:32] | Yeah, he will. He hates my current lawyer. | 他会同意的 他讨厌我现在的律师 |
[03:35] | Come on, this is the forces of evil against the forces of good. | 拜托 这可是正义对抗邪恶的一战 |
[03:39] | Join the good. | 加入正义的一方吧 |
[03:41] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:43] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[03:44] | There’s another visitor here for you. | 还有人来找你 |
[03:46] | Do people not make appointments anymore? | 现在的人都不做预约的吗 |
[03:48] | – Who is it? – Franz Mendelssohn? | -是谁 -弗兰兹·曼德森 |
[03:51] | Franz Mendelssohn is here? | 弗兰兹·曼德森到这儿来了吗 |
[03:52] | In reception. Who is he? | 在前台 他是谁啊 |
[03:54] | Oh, my God, he wants to buy us out. | 我的天 他想收购我们 |
[03:56] | No, he already bought Stanley and Gledhill. | 不可能 他才收购了斯坦利&格兰希尔律所 |
[03:58] | So? That’s what he does. | 那又怎样 他就喜欢干这个 |
[03:59] | He gobbles up smaller firms. | 把小律所一个个吃下去 |
[04:01] | – Did he say what he wanted? – No. | -他有说明来意吗 -没有 |
[04:03] | – Want me to ask? – No. | -要我去问吗 -不用 |
[04:05] | Because I said no. | 因为我拒绝了 |
[04:07] | You want me to take it to my client? | 你想让我把提议拿给我的客户吗 |
[04:09] | Add another zero. | 价格再加个零吧 |
[04:11] | I have to go. | 我得先挂了 |
[04:13] | Mr. Boseman, hello. | 博斯曼先生 你好 |
[04:15] | – Franz Mendelssohn. – Good to meet you. | -弗兰兹·曼德森 -幸会 |
[04:17] | We’ve never met? | 我们没见过吗 |
[04:18] | Chicago, and we’ve never met? | 芝加哥这么点大 我们没见过面 |
[04:20] | I believe we, um, move in different circles. | 我想我们在的圈子不一样 |
[04:22] | We’ll, we’re all in the same circle now. | 我们现在是同一个圈子了 |
[04:23] | And, Diane Lockhart, I know you. | 戴安·洛哈特 我认识你 |
[04:25] | Franz, hello. It’s nice to see you looking so well. | 弗兰兹 你好 你气色不错 |
[04:27] | No, not so well. Strange times. | 没那么好 现在时机不好 |
[04:29] | And, Julius Cain, yes? | 朱利叶斯·凯恩 是吗 |
[04:30] | That’s right. Hello. | 没错 你好 |
[04:32] | Well, I apologize for not making an appointment… | 很抱歉我没有预约 |
[04:35] | – Oh, not at all. – Not a problem. | -没关系 -没什么大不了的 |
[04:35] | …but I saw your clip online today, Adrian, | 我今天在网上看到了你的视频 阿德里安 |
[04:39] | and I said this is someone I need with us. | 我觉得我们正需要这样的人 |
[04:41] | My clip? I didn’t know I had a clip. | 我的视频 我都不知道我有视频了 |
[04:45] | And 300,000 likes. | 还有30万点赞 |
[04:47] | Do you have a moment? | 你有空吗 |
[04:48] | – Uh, please, yeah. – Thank you. | -有的 您请 -谢谢 |
[04:52] | So, let me tell you why I’m here. | 请让我阐明来意 |
[04:55] | – Franz, please, sit, sit. – No, it’s all right. | -弗兰兹 请坐 -不用不用 |
[04:57] | I-I like pacing. | 我喜欢走来走去 |
[04:58] | – So do I. – Well, then, | -我也喜欢 -既然这样 |
[04:59] | let’s circle each other | 我们不如就像斗兽一样 |
[05:00] | like caged beasts. | 在笼子里兜几圈 |
[05:03] | Now, I’m sure you saw that, | 我相信你们也都知道了 |
[05:05] | last week, Wilk Hobson committed suicide. | 上周威尔克·霍布森自杀了 |
[05:08] | – Yes. Terrible. – But did you know | -没错 真可怕 -但你们知道 |
[05:10] | that his partners don’t agree with the police assessment? | 他的合伙人不认同警方调查结果吗 |
[05:14] | They have reason to believe | 他们有证据相信 |
[05:15] | that it’s one of these copycat murders– | 这是一起模仿谋杀 |
[05:17] | a disgruntled client killing another attorney. | 又是一个客户因不满而谋杀律师的案子 |
[05:20] | Now, the big six firms have been meeting | 这几周以来 |
[05:23] | over the last few weeks | 六大律所都在碰头 |
[05:25] | to discuss how to address this problem. | 商量怎么处理这事 |
[05:29] | Roger Hill, hit by a van. | 罗杰·希尔 被货车撞死 |
[05:31] | Dan Oxenbold, shot in the chest. | 丹·奥森博 一枪正中胸口 |
[05:33] | And now Wilk Hobson. | 现在是威尔克·霍布森 |
[05:35] | We want you to attend our next meeting. | 我们想让你们参加我们下次的会议 |
[05:38] | But we’re not one of the big six. | 但我们不是六大律所之一 |
[05:40] | True. But, Adrian, we saw you on cable news last night, | 对 但我们看了你昨晚的节目 阿德里安 |
[05:43] | and we were impressed. | 很令人印象深刻 |
[05:45] | We have agreed to invite one more firm– yours. | 我们同意再邀请一个律所 你的律所 |
[05:48] | Uh, what are these meetings about? | 这些会议的内容是什么 |
[05:51] | An existential threat to our livelihoods | 关于威胁到我们的生计 |
[05:53] | and our lives. | 和生存的大事 |
[05:55] | Chicago lawyers are being killed, | 有人在谋杀芝加哥的律师 |
[05:57] | and the authorities are too busy making lawyer jokes to help us. | 当局就忙着开律师的玩笑 没空帮我们 |
[06:01] | No one sympathizes, | 没人同情我们 |
[06:03] | so it’s up to us to do for ourselves. | 我们需要自救 |
[06:12] | Respect. | 他够客气了 |
[06:14] | Big-time. | 非常 |
[06:16] | Whoa! One in seven firms. | 七大律所之一 |
[06:19] | What did you say last night on the news? | 你昨晚在新闻里说什么了 |
[06:21] | I do not know. | 我不知道 |
[06:23] | I… I thought it was stupid. | 我觉得很蠢 |
[06:26] | You were good. You should take a look. | 你说得很棒 你应该看看 |
[06:29] | Lawyers have had this coming for a long time. | 律师总那样 现在这是活该 |
[06:31] | And if they’re looking over their shoulders now, I– | 如果这意味着他们现在要小心行事 |
[06:33] | – maybe that’s a good thing. – Uh, excuse me. | -我觉得这说不定是好事 -抱歉 |
[06:35] | Now, these are the same lawyers | 但也正是这些律师 |
[06:36] | offering their services free of charge? | 在免费提供法律服务 |
[06:39] | – Well, you look good. – It’s the big head. | -你看起来挺不错的 -因为头大 |
[06:41] | Big heads play well on TV. | 头大的人都挺上镜的 |
[06:43] | Please let me finish, ma’am. | 请让我说完 女士 |
[06:45] | Excuse me, I’m not a “Ma’am.” | 拜托 我可是男的 |
[06:48] | My apologies. | 我很抱歉 |
[06:49] | I can’t see you. | 我看不到你 |
[06:50] | Okay, 30 seconds. | 好 还有30秒 |
[06:52] | The recent lawsuit of PeeperNews.Com | 关于《窥踪新闻》最近的诉讼案 |
[06:54] | Adrian, do you have a take on their recent legal moves? | 阿德里安 你对他们近来法律行为有何看法 |
[06:57] | Well, I’m not involved in the Peeper Newscase, | 我没有参与窥踪新闻案 |
[06:59] | but I do think it was a mistake | 但我觉得被告律师不该 |
[07:01] | for the defense attorney to concede the point. | 在这个节骨眼上作出让步 |
[07:04] | Have they asked you to come back on? | 他们有问你要不要继续上台吗 |
[07:05] | This week. I told them no. | 这周继续 我拒绝了 |
[07:08] | holding to the First Amendment. | 坚持《第一修正案》 |
[07:09] | I mean, it’s not just the First… | 我是说 这不仅关系到《第一…》 |
[07:11] | Thank you very much, Mr. Boseman. | 非常感谢 博斯曼先生 |
[07:13] | Maybe you should reconsider. | 或许你该重新考虑一下 |
[07:15] | You know what Gore Vidal said. | 戈尔·维达尔曾经说过 |
[07:17] | Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television. | 永远别错过做爱或者上电视的机会 |
[07:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:40] | Lawyers have had this coming for a long time. And… | 律师总那样 现在这是活该 而且… |
[07:44] | No workstations available? | 没办公桌可用吗 |
[07:47] | I got here too late. | 我来晚了 |
[07:49] | Quick question. | 我问下 |
[07:50] | Has Lucca talked to you? | 卢卡和你谈过了吗 |
[07:52] | About? | 谈什么 |
[07:53] | About her… condition. | 关于她的…情况 |
[08:01] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[08:03] | – Do you think she will? – I… | -你觉得她会和你说吗 -我… |
[08:05] | I think she wants to be thought of as a lawyer, | 我觉得她想被当做一名律师 |
[08:08] | and not an expectant mother. | 而不是孕妇来看待 |
[08:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:18] | When’s the next pretrial motion in the Marconi case? | 马科尼案下一次预审动议是什么时候 |
[08:21] | Day after tomorrow. | 后天 |
[08:22] | Okay. You handle the motion. | 好 你来接手预审动议 |
[08:28] | Mr. Cain? | 凯恩先生 |
[08:29] | Lucca is first chair. | 卢卡是首席律师 |
[08:31] | Yes, but not for this motion. | 没错 但这次动议不是 |
[08:33] | – You take it. – Why? | -你来接手 -为什么 |
[08:35] | Uh, because I’m a partner, and you’re an associate, | 因为我是合伙人 而你是普通律师 |
[08:36] | and I want you to take it. | 我想让你接手 |
[08:37] | Is this about Lucca’s condition? | 是因为卢卡的情况吗 |
[08:39] | No. It’s about you having a chance to be first chair. | 不 是给你个机会做首席律师 |
[08:43] | Does Lucca know? | 卢卡知道吗 |
[08:45] | No. | 不知道 |
[08:47] | Go ahead and tell her. | 你去告诉她吧 |
[08:58] | – Still no desk? – Uh, no. I don’t mind. | -还没有办公桌吗 -没有 我不在乎 |
[09:00] | I like the corner. | 我喜欢待在角落 |
[09:01] | You are different since your ride-along. | 你随行出警后不一样了啊 |
[09:03] | No, I am the same. Exactly the same. | 不 我还是我 一模一样 |
[09:06] | So, I’m hoping we can use the DOJ’s problems against them | 所以 我想在马科尼案的延期动议中 |
[09:09] | in this Marconi continuance. | 用司法部的问题来驳斥他们 |
[09:11] | Been looking at their workload, | 我看了他们的工作量 |
[09:12] | and they have asked for continuances | 他们已经对现有七成的诉讼 |
[09:14] | on 70% of their active cases… | 提出了延期庭审… |
[09:16] | Julius just asked me to argue the next motion. | 朱利叶斯刚刚让我在下次动议中做辩护 |
[09:19] | What? | 什么 |
[09:20] | Julius told me to argue the next Marconi motion. | 朱利叶斯刚让我在下次马科尼案动议中做辩护 |
[09:24] | – Why? – He didn’t say. | -为什么 -他没说原因 |
[09:26] | But he was talking about… your condition. | 但是他说起你的…情况 |
[09:33] | Oh, fuck. | 操蛋 |
[09:34] | They just want to know if this is gonna be something… | 他们只是想知道这会不会是个问题… |
[09:36] | Do you know what? It’s my business. | 我跟你说 这是我的私事 |
[09:37] | It is. You’re right. It is your business. | 没错 你说得对 这是你的私事 |
[09:40] | But you haven’t even told me, and I’m your friend. | 但你连我都没说 我可是你的朋友 |
[09:46] | I’m pregnant. I’m having a baby. | 我怀孕了 我有宝宝了 |
[09:49] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[09:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:53] | Now, part of it was just having those words | 我没说的很大一部分原因是这几个词 |
[09:55] | come out of my mouth. | 很难说出口 |
[09:58] | It feels weird. | 感觉怪怪的 |
[09:59] | Well, you know what, you spoke them well. | 我觉得你说得很好听 |
[10:04] | Here’s the other worry. | 我还有个顾虑 |
[10:06] | I’m on the partner track. | 我在争取升为合伙人 |
[10:08] | For the first time in my career, I have some traction. | 这是我职业生涯中头一回 我看到了契机 |
[10:13] | And now I’m worried they’ll use… | 现在我担心他们会因为… |
[10:15] | this to penalize me. | 这种情况而处罚我 |
[10:17] | They can’t. Legally. | 法律上 他们不能这样 |
[10:20] | Well, look, it’s gonna be easier for them to hold you back | 对他们而言如果你不告诉他们 |
[10:22] | if you don’t tell them. | 他们就更容易阻挠你 |
[10:24] | Then they can just say it’s all about performance. | 他们可以只说你的工作表现不够好 |
[10:27] | You should get your pregnancy on the record. | 你应该告诉他们你怀孕了 |
[10:31] | That’s a good point. | 你说得没错 |
[10:33] | Then tell them. | 那就告诉他们 |
[10:37] | And here we are, again. | 我们又见面了 |
[10:41] | Ms. Lutz. | 卢茨女士 |
[10:43] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[10:44] | Every time a new lawyer is killed, I think of you. | 每次有律师被杀 我都会想到你 |
[10:47] | And every time a new killer is arrested, | 每次凶手被绳之以法 |
[10:49] | I think about you. | 我都会想到你 |
[10:51] | So much in common. Ready to spar? | 我们共同点还真不少 准备好了吗 |
[10:54] | All rise. Hear ye, hear ye. | 全体起立 听着 |
[10:57] | This branch of the Circuit Court of Cook County | 库克县巡回法庭分院 |
[10:59] | is now in session, pursuant to adjournment. | 现在开庭 期间可依法休庭 |
[11:02] | The Honorable… | 尊敬的法官… |
[11:03] | Welcome, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. | 欢迎 陪审团的女士们和先生们 |
[11:05] | Please. | 请坐 |
[11:09] | Now, let me prepare you for what you’re about to see. | 我先对你们将要看到的打个预防针 |
[11:13] | Trials are nothing like what is shown on television. | 庭审不同于电视上所看到的 |
[11:16] | Justice is slow. | 寻求正义过程漫长 |
[11:18] | Nothing is ever wrapped up in 60 minutes here. | 一个小时是不可能顺利结束的 |
[11:20] | Now, it’s fine to enjoy TV lawyers, | 喜欢看律政剧没问题 |
[11:22] | but real-life lawyers | 但是现实中的律师 |
[11:25] | hardly even go to court. | 基本不会上庭 |
[11:26] | In fact, 90% of a case is just paperwork. | 事实上 案子有九成的工作都是文书 |
[11:30] | 90%… | 九成… |
[11:33] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:34] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[11:35] | Mr. Adrian Boseman. | 我是阿德里安·博斯曼 |
[11:36] | And Ms. Diane Lockhart. | 我是黛安·洛哈特 |
[11:38] | The defense moves for substitution of counsel. | 被告请求更换律师 |
[11:40] | Sidebar, please. | 请双方律师上前 |
[11:44] | This is an example of something | 你们可能在电视上 |
[11:45] | you may have seen on television, | 看过这一幕 |
[11:46] | where the lawyers request something from the judge. | 律师向法官提出请求 |
[11:49] | But take my word, it’s not as interesting as TV. | 但是相信我 这没电视上那么有趣 |
[11:53] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[11:54] | the defendant wants to disrupt the proceedings | 被告在诉讼开始前 |
[11:56] | even before they’ve begun. | 就想扰乱诉讼程序 |
[11:57] | Your Honor, Mr. Kuzma has asked that | 法官阁下 库兹马先生要求 |
[12:00] | we replace his earlier counsel. | 我们替代他之前的律师 |
[12:02] | Now, the defendant should be allowed… | 被告的请求应该得到… |
[12:03] | He was allowed his representation of choice. | 之前已经给过他机会了 |
[12:06] | He was. Now he’s changed his mind. | 真的 现在他改主意了 |
[12:08] | The defendant can choose his lawyers, | 被告有权选择他的律师 |
[12:10] | but I will not allow this | 但是我不允许这 |
[12:11] | to turn into some game of musical chairs. | 变成一场抢椅子的游戏 |
[12:13] | – Is that understood? – It is, Your Honor. | -明白了吗 -明白了 法官阁下 |
[12:15] | Understood, Your Honor. We move for a continuance. | 明白 法官阁下 我们请求延期 |
[12:18] | Of course you do. | 那是当然 |
[12:19] | Given that we’ve just legally begun representing Mr. Kuzma, | 鉴于我们刚刚接手库兹马的案子 |
[12:22] | preparing properly for trial | 为了充分准备庭审 |
[12:24] | requires that we have at least… | 我们至少需要… |
[12:26] | Plaintiff objects. The jury’s been seated. | 原告反对 陪审团已经就位 |
[12:28] | The trial’s in progress. | 庭审已经开始了 |
[12:29] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[12:31] | How is it that so many lawyers are being killed, | 怎么有那么多律师被杀 |
[12:34] | and yet my courtroom is still full of them? | 我的法庭上还满是律师 |
[12:37] | The fire took everything. | 大火将所有东西付之一炬 |
[12:39] | The piano my mother left for me. | 我妈留给我的钢琴 |
[12:42] | – My photo albums. – And this was your house, | -我的相册 -这是你房子之前的样子 |
[12:45] | Mrs. Honeycutt? | 哈尼卡特夫人 |
[12:46] | Yes. | 没错 |
[12:47] | And this is your house afterwards? | 这是你房子之后的样子 |
[12:52] | Let the record reflect | 请记下 |
[12:53] | that Mrs. Honeycutt is responding emotionally in the affirmative. | 哈尼卡特夫人用表情确认了这一说法 |
[12:57] | Now, I’m sorry, Mrs. Honeycutt. Just one more question. | 我很抱歉 哈尼卡特夫人 还有个问题 |
[13:00] | Is this your dog? | 这是你的狗吗 |
[13:04] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[13:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:06] | And he died in the fire, didn’t he? | 它在大火中死掉了 是吗 |
[13:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:11] | And who do you blame for this fire? | 你觉得谁该为这场大火负责 |
[13:12] | Objection, Your Honor. Inflammatory. | 反对 法官阁下 煽动性言论 |
[13:14] | Calls for a conclusion. | 提问要求证人做出结论 |
[13:15] | Well, the conclusion is the point of this trial, isn’t it? | 结论不就是这场庭审的意义所在吗 |
[13:18] | I will, however, caution the jury. | 但是我会提醒陪审团 |
[13:23] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们和先生们 |
[13:25] | a trial is never as dramatic as it is on TV. | 庭审远没有电视上的那么戏剧化 |
[13:28] | We don’t wrap things up here in 60 minutes. | 我们这里一个小时结束不了 |
[13:30] | So, just because a witness points towards a defendant | 所以 不能因为证人指认被告 |
[13:34] | doesn’t make it true. | 就说明是真的 |
[13:35] | Please keep that in mind. | 请牢记这一点 |
[13:39] | Mrs. Honeycutt, you may continue. | 哈尼卡特夫人 你可以继续了 |
[13:41] | I blame him | 我归咎于他 |
[13:42] | and his website. | 和他的网站 |
[13:43] | But he didn’t light the match? | 但是放火的并不是他 |
[13:44] | No, but he published our home address, | 对 但是公布我家地址的是他 |
[13:47] | and he said we deserved everything we got. | 他还说发生的这一切都是我们活该 |
[13:50] | That’s the match. | 这就是放火 |
[13:52] | Thank you. I’m so sorry, Mrs. Honeycutt. | 谢谢 我很抱歉 哈尼卡特夫人 |
[13:56] | What was your dog’s name? | 你的狗叫什么名字 |
[14:00] | Puffy. | 胖胖 |
[14:02] | Did you ever find Puffy? | 你最后找到胖胖了吗 |
[14:05] | No. | 没有 |
[14:13] | She’s trying to provoke you. | 她是想激怒你 |
[14:15] | Don’t take the bait. | 别上当 |
[14:18] | Mrs. Honeycutt, | 哈尼卡特夫人 |
[14:20] | I’m really sorry for your loss. | 请节哀 |
[14:23] | Who is that sitting next to Ms. Amber Wood Lutz? | 请问坐在安珀·伍德卢茨女士旁边的人是谁 |
[14:26] | That’s my son, Dennis. | 是我儿子 丹尼斯 |
[14:28] | And your son Dennis lives with you, isn’t that right? | 你儿子跟你一起生活 对吗 |
[14:31] | For the moment, yes. | 目前是的 |
[14:32] | And he lived with you in the house that was destroyed? | 他之前跟你一起住在被烧毁的房子里 |
[14:35] | He’s been helping me since I had my hip replaced. | 自从我髋关节置换之后 他一直照顾我 |
[14:37] | And your son Dennis is a neo-Nazi. | 你的儿子丹尼斯是新纳粹分子 |
[14:40] | – Is that correct? – Objection! Inflammatory! | -对吗 -反对 煽动性言论 |
[14:42] | The lady can say no if it’s not true, Your Honor. | 如果不是事实这位女士可以否认 法官阁下 |
[14:43] | Even the question implies a rationale for this fire. | 这问题本身就暗含起火缘由 |
[14:45] | No, the question implies a rationale for why my client | 不 这个问题暗含我的当事人为何 |
[14:48] | printed these folks’ address.Your Honor. | 刊登这些人地址的原因 法官阁下 |
[14:49] | And that is all he is being sued for. | 这也恰恰是他被起诉的原因 |
[14:58] | Apologies for the fireworks. | 抱歉让大家闻到了火药味 |
[14:59] | Occasionally things can get a little out of hand here. | 偶尔庭上会出现局面失控的情况 |
[15:04] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[15:06] | You may answer. | 你可以回答了 |
[15:07] | My son is a good boy. | 我儿子是个好孩子 |
[15:09] | He works hard, and-and he reads a lot. | 他勤勤勉勉 博览群书 |
[15:11] | And he is not a Nazi, neo or otherwise. | 而且他不是纳粹分子 新旧纳粹都不是 |
[15:16] | But wasn’t he at the Oak Woods protest | 他不是参加了橡树林公墓 |
[15:18] | at the Confederate soldier statue, ma’am? | 联邦士兵雕像那里的抗议活动吗 女士 |
[15:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:21] | But as a history buff. | 但是是以历史爱好者的身份 |
[15:23] | Is this Dennis’s photo, Mrs. Honeycutt? | 这是丹尼斯的照片吗 哈尼卡特夫人 |
[15:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:26] | But he’s yelling for everyone to stop. | 但是他是在大喊让大家停下来 |
[15:29] | Mrs. Honeycutt. | 哈尼卡特夫人 |
[15:32] | Is this really the face of someone | 这真的是一个人大喊 |
[15:34] | yelling to tell everyone to stop? | 让大家停下来的表情吗 |
[15:41] | $300,000. | 30万 |
[15:43] | You didn’t see what happened in that courtroom? | 你们没看到庭上的情况吗 |
[15:46] | The jury loved her. | 陪审团喜欢她 |
[15:47] | Yes, but they hate her son. | 是的 但是他们讨厌她儿子 |
[15:51] | $300,000. | 30万 |
[15:52] | That’s enough to rebuild her home. | 足够她重建家园的了 |
[15:54] | Nope. $10.5 million. | 不行 1050万 |
[15:56] | Pain and suffering. | 精神损失费 |
[16:21] | Jesus, it’s everybody. | 天啊 真人齐 |
[16:24] | Everyone who never hired me. | 所有没雇佣我的人都在这呢 |
[16:27] | Oh, look. Elvis White. | 看 埃尔维斯·怀特 |
[16:30] | And Roger Woodruff. | 还有罗杰·伍德拉夫 |
[16:31] | He defeated me twice in court. | 他在庭上把我打败了两次 |
[16:35] | This is like the beginning of that nightmare | 这就像是我发现自己赤身裸体的 |
[16:36] | where I realize I’m naked. | 噩梦的开始 |
[16:39] | Oh, excuse me. Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[16:41] | – Adrian. – Franz. | -阿德里安 -弗兰兹 |
[16:42] | – Franz, hello. – Diane. | -弗兰兹 你好 -戴安 |
[16:44] | – Thank you for coming. – Thank you. | -谢谢光临 -谢谢 |
[16:45] | We’re all here. Let’s get started. | 大家到齐了 开始吧 |
[16:47] | – Uh, no, thank you. – Thank you. | -不喝了 谢谢 -谢谢 |
[16:50] | Ms. Wood Lutz. | 伍德卢茨女士 |
[16:52] | Looks like they’re pretending to be diverse. | 看来他们是想假装多元化 |
[16:55] | We’re about to see why jackals never meet. | 我们很快就知道豺狼们为什么从来不见面了 |
[18:37] | Welcome, all. | 欢迎大家 |
[18:39] | I’m glad we’re all alive and kicking still. | 很高兴我们都活蹦乱跳的 |
[18:42] | First order of business: | 第一个事项 |
[18:43] | we’re asking everyone to contribute $20,000 | 我们呼吁每人捐赠两万 |
[18:46] | to the fund for the widows of our fallen peers. | 给逝去同行的遗孀 |
[18:49] | Let’s not be stingy here. | 大家就别吝啬了 |
[18:51] | I think we can all spare $40,000. | 我觉得我们都能给四万 |
[18:54] | None of us are struggling. | 大家都不缺钱 |
[18:56] | Well, let your conscience guide your checkbook. | 那就请用良心填写支票吧 |
[18:59] | The sad fact is we’re having to do for ourselves nowadays. | 难过的事实是如今我们只能自救 |
[19:03] | In a world without guardrails, we are the despised. | 在没有防护的世界里 我们是被鄙视的人 |
[19:06] | And not to be too melodramatic, we are also being hunted. | 可以不夸张的说 有人在追杀我们 |
[19:10] | “Not to be too melodramatic.” | “不夸张的说” |
[19:11] | What do you call it? Three Chicago lawyers dead. | 那你怎么说 三个芝加哥律师死了 |
[19:13] | – By clients. – While the authorities make jokes. | -被客户杀的 -当局都拿这个当笑话 |
[19:16] | – Sometimes justifiably. – No. | -有时候还是道理的 -不 |
[19:19] | What? What is the big hubbub about? | 等等 吵吵什么呢 |
[19:21] | Wait a minute. Wait a minute, okay? | 等下 等下 |
[19:22] | Who has handed over their client list to the police? | 有谁已经把客户的名单交给警方了 |
[19:25] | Come on. Raise your hands. | 来 举个手看看 |
[19:27] | No one. | 没人 |
[19:28] | That’s beside the point. Attorney-client privilege | 跟这没关系 律师和当事人保密协议 |
[19:31] | – prevents us… – That’s bullcrap. If we wanted to, | -我们不能… -废话 只要我们想 |
[19:32] | we could have a prosecutor subpoena those records in five minutes. | 我们五分钟就能让检察官用传票搞到那些记录 |
[19:36] | – The difficulty is… – Because nobody wants to. | -难就难在 -因为没人想这么干 |
[19:37] | Wait. Wait. | 等下 等下 |
[19:38] | Difficulty is clients will leave us. | 难就难在客户会离开我们 |
[19:41] | If they know that we are handing their names over to the police… | 如果他们知道我们把他们的名字给了警察 |
[19:43] | That’s true. | 说得对 |
[19:44] | Even the innocent ones. | 无罪的人也会离开 |
[19:45] | No. No. No. The problem is us. | 不 不 问题在于我们 |
[19:48] | We’re worried we’ll poach from each other. | 我们是担心被彼此挖角 |
[19:50] | It’s not about clients leaving. | 不是客户选择离开 |
[19:51] | It’s about us stealing. | 而是我们偷挖客户 |
[19:53] | Then what’s the answer? | 那答案是什么 |
[19:55] | The police are throwing this back at us, saying it’s our problem. | 警方又把球踢回给我们 说是我们的问题 |
[19:57] | Remind them that we’re not some South Side squatters. | 提醒他们 我们不是什么南区钉子户 |
[20:01] | Remind them of our tax base. | 让他们想想我们的缴税基数 |
[20:02] | Talk to Rahm. Lay it out for him. | 跟拉姆谈谈 跟他摊牌 |
[20:05] | He knows where his money comes from. | 他知道自己的钱都是从哪来的 |
[20:06] | – That’s right. – Rahm won’t touch this. | -对 -拉姆是不会管的 |
[20:09] | His deputy might. | 他的副手也许会在意 |
[20:11] | – Warren Hesseman. – That’s right. | -华伦·海斯曼 -对 |
[20:12] | Warren just hinted that he was running in 2019. | 华伦刚刚暗示他2019年要竞选 |
[20:15] | He’s gonna be looking for trial lawyer money. | 他肯定会需要庭审律师的钱 |
[20:17] | He’s also friends with the police. | 他跟警方还是朋友 |
[20:19] | Problem solved. There you go. | 问题解决了 很好 |
[20:21] | Good thought, Adrian. | 好主意 阿德里安 |
[20:24] | Five minutes to air. | 直播倒计时五分钟 |
[20:26] | Five minutes to air. | 直播倒计时五分钟 |
[20:29] | So, you’re back. | 你回来了 |
[20:33] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[20:34] | Just so we don’t cross lines here, don’t go angry on me. | 我们别越界 别对我生气 |
[20:38] | Wh… Um, one more time? | 再说一遍 |
[20:41] | I’m the young, angry activist. | 我是年轻气盛的激进分子 |
[20:43] | You’re the older… Obama statesman. | 你是年长的 奥巴马政治家 |
[20:46] | That’s the only way they keep two black pundits on the panel, | 这是两个黑人评论员共存的唯一方式了 |
[20:49] | if we both stick to our lanes. | 我们不能越界 |
[20:52] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[20:56] | It’s good to have you on board, Adrian. | 你来参加节目真好 阿德里安 |
[20:58] | That was fun last time. Good viral clips. | 上次很愉快 很火爆的视频 |
[21:02] | Keep it up. | 保持住 |
[21:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:14] | As usual, we have our team of legal experts | 像往常一样 我们请来了法律专家小组 |
[21:16] | giving us their perspective for the week in law. | 来给我们分享他们对于本周的法律观点 |
[21:18] | And for the fourth week in a row, | 我们已经连续四周 |
[21:19] | we turn to the bizarre series of deaths | 把话题转向了客户谋杀律师的 |
[21:22] | tied to clients killing lawyers. | 离奇死亡事件 |
[21:25] | Overnight, there was another murder. | 昨晚 又发生一起凶杀案 |
[21:26] | This one is still unsolved. | 本案仍悬而未解 |
[21:28] | A lawyer gunned down in her carport | 一名律师在遛狗的时候 |
[21:30] | while walking her dog. | 在自家车库遭遇枪杀 |
[21:31] | Donna Evans, | 唐娜·埃文斯 |
[21:32] | seen here representing a vandalized mosque. | 生前代理一间被破坏的清真寺 |
[21:35] | Police suspect her boyfriend, | 警方怀疑是她男友所为 |
[21:37] | but many think it’s another client killing. | 但是很多人认为是另一起客户杀人案 |
[21:40] | Your thoughts, Jedidiah? | 你觉得呢 杰迪代亚 |
[21:41] | I think it’s part of this anti-Muslim hysteria | 我觉得这是由唐纳德·川普引发的 |
[21:43] | led by Donald Trump, | 反穆斯林暴动 |
[21:45] | who made the Muslim ban the cornerstone of his entire… | 他要求穆斯林教徒放弃他们一生的… |
[21:47] | Okay, not everything is racism. | 不是什么都跟种族主义相关的 |
[21:49] | Everything that’s racist is racism. | 任何种族歧视都是种族主义 |
[21:51] | This-this woman dealt with Islamic radicals. | 这位女士与伊斯兰激进者打交道 |
[21:54] | What was she thinking? Did she have a death wish or something? | 她是怎么想的 是活腻了还是怎么着 |
[21:56] | It was a desecrated mosque, Chuck, | 这是间被亵渎的清真寺 查克 |
[21:57] | not ISIS. | 不是伊斯兰国 |
[21:58] | Yes, but this lawyer was dealing, | 是的 但是这位律师每天 |
[22:00] | on a daily basis, with Islamic extremism. | 都在跟伊斯兰极端分子打交道 |
[22:03] | She should’ve known what she was getting into. | 她应该清楚自己惹上的是什么人 |
[22:05] | Do you even know what you’re talking about? | 你知道自己在说什么吗 |
[22:06] | Go ahead, Adrian. | 继续 阿德里安 |
[22:08] | No. It’s all right. | 不了 就这些 |
[22:09] | No, I think I know as much as you, sir. | 不 我觉得我和你一样清楚 先生 |
[22:12] | No, we’re too quick to coddle extremists | 不 我们让极端分子恃宠而骄 |
[22:13] | in the name of open borders and globalization. | 因为我们要开放边界 要全球化 |
[22:16] | But these are real people you’re talking about, Chuck. | 但你说的都是真实存在的人 查克 |
[22:20] | I knew Donna Evans. | 我认识唐娜·埃文斯 |
[22:22] | She was a great lawyer. | 她是名优秀的律师 |
[22:23] | She did more good | 她英年早逝 |
[22:24] | in her short life than you ever will. | 但她做的好事比你一辈子做的都要多 |
[22:26] | I’m not out there defending islamic radicals. | 我不是为伊斯兰极端分子辩护 |
[22:29] | No, you’re in here, being paid $170,000 a year | 不 你是拿着17万的年薪 |
[22:32] | to ignorantly yap your mouth off, Chuck. | 在这里无知地高谈阔论 查克 |
[22:39] | How dare you? | 你好大的胆子 |
[22:40] | Now, how much do you make as a lawyer? | 你当律师能挣多少钱 |
[22:42] | Don’t play all high and mighty with me. | 别跟我占道德制高点 |
[22:46] | So you’re coming after my job, now, huh? | 你是要抢我的位子吗 |
[22:50] | We’ll see who wins. | 那就看看谁能笑到最后 |
[22:54] | I probably should’ve mentioned the one rule of cable news. | 我可能应该提前跟你说新闻评论的一条原则 |
[22:57] | Don’t ever, ever, ever mention money. | 绝对 绝对 不要提钱 |
[23:01] | Yep. | 好的 |
[23:03] | It was nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[23:12] | Adrian. | 阿德里安 |
[23:12] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[23:18] | Well, that was interesting. | 昨晚很精彩 |
[23:20] | Which part? | 哪个部分 |
[23:21] | The $170,000 a year part. | 17万的年薪 |
[23:24] | Is that really how much he’s paid? | 他真的拿这么多钱吗 |
[23:27] | I lost it, didn’t I? | 我失控了 对吗 |
[23:28] | No, I’ve seen you lose it. | 不 我见过你失控的样子 |
[23:31] | That was intentional. | 你那是故意的 |
[23:34] | My innate sense of drama. | 我与生俱来的戏剧感 |
[23:43] | I’m sorry. I-I never do this, | 抱歉 我第一次这样 |
[23:45] | but you’re the guy from cable news, right? | 请问你就是昨晚新闻上的那个人 对吗 |
[23:47] | My mom could not stop talking about you last night. | 昨晚我妈不停地谈到你 |
[23:50] | Could you sign something for her? | 能给她签个名吗 |
[23:52] | Her name’s Eunice. | 她叫尤妮斯 |
[23:54] | The defense has called you a Nazi, Dennis. | 被告说你是纳粹 丹尼斯 |
[23:56] | Are you? | 是这样吗 |
[23:57] | – No, ma’am. – You were present | -不是 女士 -你参加了 |
[23:59] | at the demonstration at Oak Woods Cemetery, | 橡树林公墓的游行 |
[24:02] | in which it has been alleged there were neo-Nazis present. | 而有人声称那次游行是新纳粹分子举行的 |
[24:05] | I was there to honor the Confederate soldiers | 我是去那纪念被囚禁且为国捐躯的 |
[24:07] | who were imprisoned and died. | 联邦士兵 |
[24:09] | It’s been charged that the demonstration | 你参与的那次游行 |
[24:11] | you were a part of, has, at its purpose, | 被指控为其目的是 |
[24:14] | to intimidate various racial and ethnic groups. | 威胁不同的种族和民族群体 |
[24:18] | It wasn’t my purpose. | 那不是我的游行目的 |
[24:20] | Well, I… I just don’t want to lose our history. | 我只是不想丢失我们的历史 |
[24:23] | Not because it’s perfect. It’s not. | 倒不是说它是完美的 并不是这样 |
[24:27] | Those Confederate dead share the same cemetery | 那些死去的联邦士兵和杰西·欧文斯 |
[24:30] | as Jesse Owens and Harold Washington. | 和哈罗德·华盛顿葬在一个墓地 |
[24:33] | – And we should have to think about that. – I see. | -我们应该考虑到这点 -明白了 |
[24:35] | And did you come to a point… | 你是说… |
[24:36] | I think you should take this. | 我觉得应该由你来盘问证人 |
[24:40] | – What? – The jury. | -什么 -陪审团 |
[24:41] | The whole testimony, they’re watching you. | 作证整个过程 他们都在看你 |
[24:44] | TV does that to people. | 上了电视就是有这个效果 |
[24:46] | Thank you, Dennis. | 谢谢你 丹尼斯 |
[24:47] | – Jesus. God. – No further questions. | -我的老天 -我问完了 |
[24:51] | Go for it. | 加油 |
[24:53] | Mr. Honeycutt. | 哈尼卡特先生 |
[24:55] | So, you were aware that there were Nazis at the demonstration, | 所以你知道那次游行中有纳粹分子 |
[24:59] | but you yourself are not a Nazi? | 但你自己不是纳粹吗 |
[25:03] | Not at all. | 完全不是 |
[25:04] | You are one of the “very fine people” | 你是总统所指的那类 |
[25:06] | that the president referred to? | “大好人”吗 |
[25:08] | Object to the sarcasm, Your Honor. | 反对讽刺语气 法官阁下 |
[25:11] | It’s a direct quote, Your Honor. | 这是直接引用 法官阁下 |
[25:12] | Sustained nonetheless. | 虽然如此还是反对有效 |
[25:14] | According to your Facebook page, | 根据你的脸书主页 |
[25:16] | Mr. Honeycutt, you are a Civil War reenactor? | 哈尼卡特先生 你是重现内战情景的演员吗 |
[25:20] | Uh, yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[25:21] | And you put up a post– an angry post– | 你发了一篇文 怒斥 |
[25:24] | about the uniforms that some of the reenactors were wearing. | 一些演员所穿的服饰 |
[25:27] | When you wear Velcro | 在奇卡牟加战役上 |
[25:29] | at the Battle of Chickamauga, | 穿有魔术贴的衣服 |
[25:31] | you’re showing a lack of respect. | 就是对此次战役不敬 |
[25:32] | Since you take uniforms so seriously, | 既然你对制服这么有研究 |
[25:34] | tell us about the uniform that you were wearing | 不如跟我们说说你在游行时 |
[25:38] | at the demonstration you attended. | 所穿的衣服吧 |
[25:39] | I wasn’t wearing any uniform. | 我并没有穿制服 |
[25:42] | White polo and khaki pants, like most of the other young men. | 白色衬衫和卡其裤 和其他年轻人一样 |
[25:46] | Objection. | 反对 |
[25:47] | So did the salespeople at the mall. | 商场销售员也这么穿 |
[25:49] | – Argumentative. – I will sustain that. | -争议性问题 -反对有效 |
[25:51] | Are you familiar with a website called The Mighty Hammer? | 你对一个叫”重锤”的网站熟悉吗 |
[25:55] | I’ve heard of it. | 听说过 |
[25:56] | You’ve heard of it. | 你听说过 |
[25:58] | “Put away your brown shirts and swastika armbands. | “藏好你的褐衫和纳粹符号臂章” |
[26:01] | “Wehrmacht of today requires that the State | 现代国防军需要国家 |
[26:04] | “not be able to pick us out. | 找不出我们 |
[26:07] | Khaki pants and white polo shirts only.” | “只穿卡其裤和白色衬衫” |
[26:13] | When I got dressed, I wasn’t thinking about any of that. | 我穿这身衣服时 没有去想这些 |
[26:16] | Also, I-I don’t own any swastika armbands, | 并且我也没有什么纳粹符号臂章 |
[26:19] | and I don’t much appreciate | 我也不喜欢 |
[26:21] | being lumped in with people who do. | 被归为这一类人 |
[26:22] | Or being lumped in with people at the mall. | 或是商场里卖东西的人 |
[26:25] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[26:26] | Mr. Boseman, | 博斯曼先生 |
[26:27] | please dial back your sarcasm. | 请控制好你的讽刺 |
[26:30] | Certainly, Your Honor. | 当然 法官阁下 |
[26:32] | Mr. Honeycutt, if I have mischaracterized your beliefs, | 哈尼卡特先生 如果我误解了你的信仰 |
[26:35] | I’m sorry. | 我表示歉意 |
[26:36] | It’s just that we were able to retrieve… | 只是我们找出了 |
[26:41] | some writings, postings of yours from 2012, | 你在2012年写的 发在网上的 |
[26:45] | which you subsequently deleted. | 随后又被你删除的一些话 |
[26:47] | I’d like to read some now, Your Honor. | 我现在想读出来 法官阁下 |
[26:48] | Objection, Your Honor. Prejudicial. | 反对 法官阁下 偏见证据 |
[26:50] | That was six years ago. | 那是六年前的事了 |
[26:52] | – The witness is free to disavow, Your Honor. – Overruled. | -证人可以否认 法官阁下 -反对无效 |
[26:55] | “We make ourselves too easy of a target | “佩戴钩十字党徽让我们” |
[26:58] | wearing the Hakenkreuz.” | “成为众矢之的” |
[26:59] | That’s like the white hood of the Klan. | 这就像三K党的白面罩 |
[27:01] | “We should let those now in power forget that we exist.” | “我们应该让当权者忘记我们的存在” |
[27:07] | “The Jew’s busy making money,” | 犹太人忙于挣钱 |
[27:09] | “The homosexual’s busy contaminating the culture,” | 同性恋忙于污染文化 |
[27:12] | “and the Ethiopian is too stupid” | 黑人太蠢 |
[27:15] | “to recognize what we represent.” | “看不出我们代表着什么” |
[27:18] | I don’t believe that. | 我不相信这个 |
[27:19] | – But you believed it then? – No. No. | -但你那时候相信对吗 -不 |
[27:21] | I was just quoting other people. | 我只是在引用其他人的话 |
[27:23] | It was just a… a pose. It was just to provoke. | 只是装装样子 我只是想挑衅一下 |
[27:25] | Provoke? Provoke people like, uh, Jews? | 挑衅谁 犹太人吗 |
[27:28] | Provoke people like homosexuals? And provoke blacks? | 挑衅同性恋 还是挑衅黑人呢 |
[27:31] | No! I never, I never meant it! | 不 我绝对没有那个意思 |
[27:33] | I didn’t believe it! | 我并不相信这个 |
[27:34] | I-I would like a short recess, Your Honor. | 我请求短暂休庭 法官阁下 |
[27:38] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[27:39] | The witness probably needs a new disguise anyhow. | 证人可能有需要个新的掩饰身份了 |
[27:49] | They should be here in a minute. | 他们应该一会儿就到 |
[27:53] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[27:54] | Yeah. Why? | 没事 怎么这么问 |
[27:57] | No reason. Just asking. | 没什么 随便问问 |
[28:02] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[28:04] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[28:06] | I’m telling everyone now. | 我现在要公开了 |
[28:08] | Okay. I’ll throw you a shower. | 好啊 我给你举办一场洗礼仪式 |
[28:09] | No. Please. Don’t. | 别 请别 |
[28:12] | Too late. | 太迟了 |
[28:12] | No, seriously. I hate showers. | 不 说真的 我不喜欢洗礼仪式 |
[28:16] | Well, this’ll be a new, hip one. | 我会弄得很新潮的 |
[28:18] | With a stripper. | 还有脱衣舞者 |
[28:21] | Lucca, sorry to keep you waiting. | 卢卡 抱歉让你久等了 |
[28:23] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[28:28] | Thank you for the meeting. | 感谢会见 |
[28:30] | I wanted to officially inform the partners of my pregnancy. | 我想正式通知各位合伙人我怀孕了 |
[28:35] | You may have wondered | 你们可能会想 |
[28:36] | why I haven’t yet told anyone. | 为什么我之前没有说 |
[28:37] | It was only to prepare some contingencies. | 只是因为我要应对一些意外情况 |
[28:40] | Uh, may we interrupt? | 可以打断一下吗 |
[28:42] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[28:43] | – Congratulations! – Congratulations! | -恭喜 -恭喜 |
[28:45] | You look wonderful. | 你看起来好极了 |
[28:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:52] | Uh, the birth date is scheduled for May 22. | 预产期在5月22号 |
[28:55] | I’ll be back at my desk on May 25, | 我5月25号就会回来工作 |
[28:57] | having missed only three work days, | 只有三个工作日不在 |
[28:59] | none of which are in court. | 这三天都不用上庭 |
[29:01] | All medical appointments will be before 9:00 a.m. | 所有产检预约都在上午九点前 |
[29:04] | All at-home child care is lined up. | 家里保姆的事都安排好了 |
[29:06] | I’m not asking for, nor do I need, any special allowances. | 我不要求也不需要任何特殊津贴 |
[29:10] | I can and will continue my full workload. | 我可以且有能力继续承担我的全部工作量 |
[29:13] | With no interruptions. | 不会有间断 |
[29:15] | And I’m especially eager to resume first chair | 我非常渴望能继续担任 |
[29:18] | on the Marconi double murder case, | 马科尼双尸案的首席律师 |
[29:20] | having worked on it for a year. | 考虑到我在本案已投入了一年时间 |
[29:24] | Well, uh, as the, uh, father of six, | 作为六个孩子的父亲 |
[29:27] | I’d like to bring up the… fullness of the task. | 我想提醒你这项任务的繁忙度 |
[29:32] | Noted. | 知道了 |
[29:33] | And I would like to acknowledge, | 我想告诉你 |
[29:35] | in accordance with the law, that we are behind your plan. | 依据法律 我们支持你的计划 |
[29:38] | So go to it. | 去工作吧 |
[29:44] | Oh, how’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[29:48] | So what do we think? | 我们想怎么办 |
[29:51] | I don’t think we can think, legally. | 法律上 我们不能有想法 |
[29:53] | We just have to react. | 我们只能应对 |
[29:56] | So, we’ll react to how she does in court. | 所以我们看她在庭上的表现来做应对 |
[30:00] | Yeah. And keep Maia ready to step in. | 对 同时让玛娅准备好接手 |
[30:08] | I want to welcome Warren Hesseman, deputy to the mayor. | 欢迎副市长华伦·海斯曼 |
[30:11] | I should say up front, | 我先说明一下 |
[30:12] | I’m a trial lawyer’s best friend. | 我是出庭律师最好的朋友 |
[30:14] | Now more than ever, | 现在比以往更甚 |
[30:15] | we need ’em. | 我们需要他们 |
[30:15] | They’re our guardrails. | 他们是我们的守护者 |
[30:16] | Then we need you to be intermediary with the police. | 我们需要你当我们和警察的中间人 |
[30:19] | They are not taking these murders seriously. | 他们没有认真对待这些谋杀案 |
[30:21] | It may look that way from the outside, | 可能在外界看起来像这样 |
[30:23] | but that’s not true. | 但不是这样的 |
[30:25] | Wilk Hobson did not commit suicide. I knew him. | 威尔克·霍布森不是自杀 我了解他 |
[30:29] | He was getting angry phone calls. | 他接到愤怒的电话 |
[30:30] | Then the police will investigate. | 那警察会去调查的 |
[30:31] | They already investigated. They called it a suicide. | 他们已经调查过了 他们说是自杀 |
[30:34] | That was an unofficial statement. | 那是非官方的声明 |
[30:35] | Look, Warren, we don’t think | 华伦 我们认为 |
[30:37] | the police are taking these cases seriously. | 警察没有认真对待这些案件 |
[30:40] | What do we have to do? | 我们该怎么做 |
[30:41] | I’ll bring your concerns to them. | 我会转达你们的担心 |
[30:44] | But… but I need your help. | 但我需要你的帮助 |
[30:48] | Ah, now we get the solicitation. | 现在说出要求了 |
[30:50] | No. The police, whether rightly or wrongly, | 不 警察把你们视作敌人 |
[30:53] | see you as the enemy | 先不谈这做法正确与否 |
[30:54] | because sometimes, frankly, you are. | 因为有时候 坦白说 你们就是 |
[30:57] | How are we the enemy? | 我们怎么就是敌人了 |
[30:58] | You sue them. | 你们起诉他们 |
[31:00] | Of course we sue them. It keeps the police honest. | 我们当然要起诉 这让警察正当执法 |
[31:03] | Some firms make it their mission to sue the police. | 有些律所把起诉警察视作他们的使命 |
[31:05] | Stop beating around the bush. | 别绕圈子 |
[31:07] | There’s only one firm at this table | 这张桌子上只有一家律所 |
[31:08] | responsible for 60% of the lawsuits | 占了六成对警察的 |
[31:10] | against the police. | 法律诉讼 |
[31:11] | Every single one of them was justified. | 每一起都是合理的 |
[31:13] | No one’s denying that, but it’s the provocation | 没人否认这点 但这种挑衅 |
[31:16] | that sets the police against you. | 让警察与你们作对 |
[31:17] | The victims are the problem? | 是受害人的错吗 |
[31:19] | The police should be sued when they do wrong. | 警察做错时就该被告 |
[31:21] | But sometimes they don’t do wrong, | 但有时候他们没有做错 |
[31:23] | and they still get sued. | 他们还是被告了 |
[31:25] | It’s making the dialogue with the police much harder. | 这让我们与警察的对话很难进行 |
[31:27] | We don’t want the police to be our friends. | 我们不希望成为警察的朋友 |
[31:29] | We just want them to do their fucking job. | 我们只想他们做好他们该死的工作 |
[31:31] | Okay, let’s leave it there, Warren. | 好 就此打住 华伦 |
[31:33] | Anything you can do for us, | 我们请你帮我们做 |
[31:35] | we ask that you do, | 你能做的任何事 |
[31:36] | and we’ll see what we can do for you. | 我们再看我们能为你做什么 |
[31:39] | It’s none of their business what we do | 我们怎么处理警察暴力案件 |
[31:41] | with our police brutality cases! | 不关他们的事 |
[31:42] | And that’s what we told them. | 我们就是这么告诉他们的 |
[31:43] | Then why bring it up here? Why? | 那为什么在这里提出来 为什么 |
[31:45] | Sharing with you how we’re being perceived. | 跟你分享别人是怎么看我们的 |
[31:47] | That’s all, Julius. | 仅此而已 朱利叶斯 |
[31:48] | So, what, the police will only do their job | 所以怎样 我们撤掉警察暴力案 |
[31:51] | if we drop our police brutality cases? | 警察才会去办案吗 |
[31:54] | Warren Hesseman suggested that we tread lightly. | 华伦·海斯曼建议我们慎重处理 |
[31:58] | I’m not saying we will. | 我没答应 |
[31:59] | You’re telling us about it. | 你都在告诉我们这事了 |
[32:01] | How can that not have a chilling effect? | 怎么能不产生寒蝉效应 |
[32:02] | Would it be better if we didn’t tell you anything? | 我们什么都不告诉你会更好吗 |
[32:04] | No, it would be better if we dropped out | 不 我们退出六大律所会议 |
[32:05] | of the Big Six conference. | 会更好 |
[32:07] | We’ve only been invited because it pressures us | 我们受到邀请是因为它能给我们施压 |
[32:09] | into dropping our police brutality cases. | 让我们撤诉警察暴力案 |
[32:11] | I disagree. We have a seat at the table. | 我不同意 我们在会议上占了席位 |
[32:13] | We are sitting with the Big Six! | 我们跟六大律所坐在一起 |
[32:16] | It’s worth all the fucking irritation in the world! | 再他妈令人恼火都是值的 |
[32:18] | They ask us to do something that we don’t want to do, | 他们要我们做我们不想做的事 |
[32:21] | we just say no. | 我们拒绝就行了 |
[32:24] | Is this you talking | 这是你本尊在说话 |
[32:25] | or the pundit? | 还是以评论员的身份在说话 |
[32:32] | The defense moves | 辩方提出不考虑 |
[32:33] | to exclude the testimony of Dr. William Brentwood, | 威廉·布伦特伍德博士的证词 |
[32:35] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[32:37] | So, is this pretrial motion | 这是预审的第234号动议 |
[32:41] | number 234 or 235? | 还是第235号 |
[32:43] | Yes, it sure does seem that way, | 对 看起来就像是这么多 |
[32:45] | doesn’t it, Your Honor? | 不是吗 法官阁下 |
[32:46] | Yes. I’m not buttered up, Counselor. | 对 拍马屁没用 律师 |
[32:48] | There have been just as many prosecutorial motions. | 检方同样有这么多项动议 |
[32:52] | So who is this Dr. Brentwood? | 这个布伦特伍德博士是谁 |
[32:54] | The expert witness the prosecution will call | 专家证人 检方将传唤他上庭 |
[32:56] | to discuss the blood spatter evidence. | 讨论血迹溅射证据 |
[32:58] | If I may, Your Honor? | 我能说吗 法官阁下 |
[32:59] | I’m not finished with my motion. | 我还没说完我的动议 |
[33:01] | And we again ask that the prosecution | 我们再次要求检方将证据开示 |
[33:03] | release its discovery to us. | 全数交给我们 |
[33:04] | This is getting dangerously close to a Brady violation. | 检方是在非法隐藏证据的边缘试探 |
[33:07] | I have a motion that takes precedence. | 我有项动议该优先考虑 |
[33:09] | Procedural, not evidentiary. | 是程序动议 并非证据动议 |
[33:10] | You should have brought it up earlier. | 你该早点提出来 |
[33:12] | You’re so quick to step in that I wasn’t given the opportunity. | 你说得太快了 我都没有机会说 |
[33:14] | Oh, well, you two are really something. | 你俩真是难处理 |
[33:18] | What’s the motion, Mr. Morrello? | 什么动议 莫雷洛先生 |
[33:20] | – A continuance, Your Honor. – Another? | -延期 法官阁下 -又延期 |
[33:23] | The prosecution moves | 检方提出 |
[33:24] | to reschedule the trial to start the week of May 21. | 将庭审重排到5月21号那周 |
[33:29] | Your Honor, that’s absurd. | 法官阁下 这太荒谬了 |
[33:30] | The prosecution is proposing a four-month delay. | 检方提出四个月的延期 |
[33:33] | “Absurd’s” a little strong. | “荒谬”这个有点过了 |
[33:34] | A few weeks is hardly uncommon in a case this complicated. | 这么复杂的案子延期几周很寻常 |
[33:38] | This motion denies our client his constitutionally-mandated | 这个动议否决了我们当事人宪法赋予的 |
[33:40] | right to a speedy trial. | 快速审理权利 |
[33:42] | A few months is not a speedy trial violation, Your Honor. | 几个月并不侵害快速审理权利 法官阁下 |
[33:45] | Okay. This was fun. | 好了 这太有趣了 |
[33:48] | I want the two of you to go out into the hall, | 我希望你们俩到外面的大堂去 |
[33:50] | pull out your calendars and decide on a date. | 拿出你们的日历 决定一个日期 |
[33:53] | Come back here in an hour, and I’ll hear your proposal. | 一个小时后回来 我再来听你们的提议 |
[34:00] | You are taking advantage of this situation. | 你在利用现在的局面 |
[34:02] | I’m not taking advantage of anything. | 我没有利用任何东西 |
[34:04] | I’m prosecuting a case. | 我在控告一起案件 |
[34:08] | Take the next one. | 坐下一趟 |
[34:12] | You asked for the trial to start | 你要求的庭审日期 |
[34:14] | the same week this baby is due, | 跟孩子的预产期是同一周 |
[34:16] | and that’s not taking advantage? | 这还不算占便宜吗 |
[34:17] | I picked dates that are convenient for the prosecution, | 我选择了对检方更便利的日期 |
[34:20] | ignoring your pregnancy, | 没考虑你怀孕的情况 |
[34:22] | which is what you seem to expect us all to do. | 这看上去是你所希望的 |
[34:24] | Oh, my God, I get it. | 天啊 我知道了 |
[34:26] | You want to argue against Maia. | 你想跟玛娅当对手 |
[34:28] | – What? – You know she’s inexperienced. | -什么 -你知道她经验不足 |
[34:31] | That’s what this is about. | 你就是为了这个 |
[34:32] | Okay, could you please drop the conspiracy theories? | 好了 拜托你别往阴谋论想好吗 |
[34:34] | There’s nothing nefarious here. | 没任何恶毒的想法 |
[34:47] | Hi. Do you mind if I sit here? | 你好 你介意我坐这吗 |
[34:48] | I have to get right back to work. | 我得马上回去工作 |
[34:49] | No, go ahead. I’m in a rush, too. | 不 坐吧 我也很赶时间 |
[34:52] | God, I hate working at a law firm. | 老天 我讨厌在律所工作 |
[34:54] | – Ugh. Tell me about it. – Where are you at? | -可不是 -你在哪家工作 |
[34:56] | Uh, Mendelssohn, Grant and Associates. | 曼德森&格兰特律所 |
[34:58] | Oh, yeah. I heard that was hard. | 是 我听说那里很严格 |
[35:00] | Which lawyer? | 哪个律师 |
[35:01] | Franz Mendelssohn. | 弗兰兹·曼德森 |
[35:03] | The top guy. A lot of clients. | 顶尖的那位 很多客户 |
[35:06] | You just signed someone new, didn’t you? | 你们刚签了新客户 不是吗 |
[35:09] | Uh, who do you mean? | 你指谁 |
[35:10] | Oh, someone… Ugh. | 那个 |
[35:12] | I saw the paperwork. | 我看到文书了 |
[35:13] | Is it someone with the Chicago P.D.? | 是不是芝加哥警局的 |
[35:17] | Yeah, their civil cases. | 对 他们的民事案件 |
[35:19] | We don’t have it yet, but we’re trying. | 我们还没拿下 但我们在争取 |
[35:21] | Yeah, that must be it. | 是 肯定就是这个 |
[35:23] | Which firm are you with? | 你在哪家律所 |
[35:25] | Pinwheel, Winkler and Associates. | 品威&温克勒律所 |
[35:29] | Pinwheel, Winkler. | 品威 温克勒 |
[35:29] | I-I don’t think I’ve ever heard of them. | 我没听说过他们 |
[35:31] | Oh, we’re just starting out. | 我们刚成立 |
[35:35] | I better go. | 我最好走了 |
[35:36] | – Good luck with Chicago P.D. – Thanks. | -祝你们拿下芝加哥警局 -谢谢 |
[35:44] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[35:44] | There’s something with Franz Mendelssohn you should know. | 有件关于弗兰兹·曼德森的事你得知道 |
[35:47] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[35:49] | That’s great, Marissa. Fantastic work. | 很棒 梅丽莎 做得好 |
[35:52] | Okay, talk to you later. | 好 等下再说 |
[35:55] | Right? | 对吧 |
[35:58] | Your Honor! | 法官阁下 |
[35:59] | The defense has rolled its eyes. | 被告律师挤眉弄眼 |
[36:00] | Unintended, Your Honor. | 不是有意的 法官阁下 |
[36:02] | Sometimes my eyes have a mind of their own. | 有时眼睛它自有主意 |
[36:06] | Mr. Boseman. | 博斯曼先生 |
[36:07] | Refrain from all visual commentary. | 禁止发表任何表情评论 |
[36:10] | Of course, Your Honor. | 当然 法官阁下 |
[36:11] | Let me ask another question, uh, Mr. Kuzma. | 我再问个问题 库兹马先生 |
[36:14] | Uh, one more to the plaintiff’s liking. | 正合原告的意思 |
[36:17] | Why did you print the plaintiff’s name and address? | 你为什么要打印原告的名字和地址 |
[36:20] | ‘Cause I hate Nazis. | 因为我恨纳粹 |
[36:22] | And I really hate Nazis marching in the streets. | 我真的憎恨纳粹上街游行 |
[36:24] | Do I intentionally inflict emotional distress? | 我有意让他感到痛苦吗 |
[36:29] | I sure hope so. | 这正是我本意 |
[36:31] | Mr. Kuzma, | 库兹马先生 |
[36:33] | where did you find Dennis Honeycutt’s address? | 你怎么找到丹尼斯·哈尼卡特的住址 |
[36:35] | Oh, it’s in the phone book. | 电话本里 |
[36:37] | It’s in the phone book? | 在电话本里 |
[36:40] | – Yes. – So isn’t it just as likely | -是的 -那么纵火者很可能也是 |
[36:42] | that the arsonists found the address in the phone book? | 通过电话本找到的地址 对吗 |
[36:47] | Objection. Beyond the scope. | 反对 超范围提问 |
[36:49] | I can see why you wouldn’t want | 我能理解为什么你不想 |
[36:50] | that question answered. | 他回答这个问题 |
[36:53] | I’d like all the lawyers in my chambers. | 所有律师来内庭 |
[36:55] | – Why, Your Honor? – Because I said so! | -为什么 法官阁下 -因为是我说的 |
[37:00] | Enough showboating, Mr. Boseman. | 炫技该炫够了 博斯曼先生 |
[37:03] | Excuse me? | 您什么意思 |
[37:04] | Don’t play coy with me. You are playing to the jury. | 别跟我惺惺作态 你在陪审团面前做戏 |
[37:07] | Your Honor, I am simply… | 法官阁下 我只是… |
[37:11] | Yes, actually, I am. | 没错 的确是这样 |
[37:12] | I am playing our case to the jury. | 我试图向陪审团表明我方观点 |
[37:15] | That’s my job. | 这是我的工作 |
[37:16] | Watch your tone, sir. | 注意语气 先生 |
[37:17] | He’s trading on his punditry, Your Honor. | 他在利用评论员的优势 法官阁下 |
[37:19] | No, I am being an advocate. | 不 我在为当事人辩护 |
[37:21] | It is posturing. | 你这是装腔作势 |
[37:22] | And I will not allow that in my courtroom. | 我不允许这发生在我的法庭上 |
[37:25] | I don’t care how many times | 我不管你有过多少次 |
[37:27] | you’ve been on television, Mr. Boseman. | 上电视的经历 博斯曼先生 |
[37:29] | Leave it outside my court. | 别把戏带到我的法庭上 |
[37:33] | Your Honor, could you point out | 法官阁下 您能否指明 |
[37:34] | what Mr. Boseman should do differently? | 博斯曼先生哪些行为需要改变 |
[37:37] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[37:38] | What is he doing that he should do differently? | 他的行为哪些是需要改变的 |
[37:41] | He should stop playing to the jury. | 不要再在陪审团面前做戏 |
[37:43] | Should he stop looking at the jury? | 他不应该正眼看陪审团吗 |
[37:44] | That is not what I’m saying. | 我不是这个意思 |
[37:45] | Should he remain seated? | 他应该一直坐着不动吗 |
[37:47] | No. He knows what he’s doing. | 不 他自己心里清楚 |
[37:49] | Your Honor, what Mr. Boseman is doing | 法官阁下 博斯曼先生的做法 |
[37:52] | is being an effective advocate | 无非是有效地 |
[37:54] | for our client. | 为当事人辩护 |
[37:56] | You are asking him to change his behavior | 您要求他改变行为 |
[37:59] | without telling him how to change, so I-I must object. | 却不说如何改变 我必须反对 |
[38:02] | To what? | 反对什么 |
[38:05] | To your order that Mr. Boseman | 反对您要求博斯曼先生 |
[38:08] | stop effectively representing our client. | 停止有效地为当事人辩护的命令 |
[38:12] | That is not what my order requires. | 我不是这么命令的 |
[38:14] | Well, then you sustain our objection? | 那么您判我的反对有效是吗 |
[38:16] | – No. – Well, then I’d like a ruling, Your Honor. | -不 -那我需要您的判决 法官阁下 |
[38:19] | To quote a lawyer that I respected, | 引用一位我敬重的律师的话 |
[38:21] | “I want a ruling that I can appeal.” | “我要一个可以上诉的裁决” |
[38:23] | Well, then try this one on for size. Overruled. | 那试试这个判决如何 反对无效 |
[38:27] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[38:28] | You two have a winnable case here. | 你们的案子赢面很大 |
[38:30] | I don’t know why you’re doing everything you can to lose it. | 你们却拼了命地要败北 真是想不通 |
[38:33] | Because you’re trying to tie one hand behind our back. | 因为您试图束缚我们 |
[38:35] | And the jury is going to know that. | 陪审团会知道的 |
[38:37] | Is there anything else, Your Honor? | 还有其它事吗 法官阁下 |
[38:38] | Yes. Get out. | 有 出去 |
[38:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:47] | I thought I was the troublemaker. | 我以为只有我才会惹麻烦 |
[38:49] | Wait till you hear what Marissa found out. | 等你听了梅丽莎的发现再说 |
[38:53] | What do you got? | 有什么消息 |
[38:53] | Your new friend Mendelssohn, he’s playing you. | 你的新朋友曼德森 他在耍你 |
[39:00] | We have no news on the police investigation, | 警察调查方面暂没有新信息 |
[39:02] | but I do want to discuss and review | 但我想回顾并讨论一下 |
[39:05] | the meeting we had with Mr. Hesseman. | 我们与海斯曼先生的会面 |
[39:07] | What is there to discuss? | 有什么好讨论的 |
[39:08] | He threw everything right back at us. | 他把所有问题都甩给我们 |
[39:09] | I don’t think that’s true. | 不是这样的 |
[39:10] | He had, I think, a very constructive suggestion. | 他提出了相当有建设性的意见 |
[39:13] | Which was? | 是什么 |
[39:14] | That our police brutality cases | 针对警局的 |
[39:16] | against the department are | 警察暴力案件 |
[39:18] | a thorn in all our sides. | 是伤害我们双方的荆棘 |
[39:20] | Not in the number of them, but in the-the scope of them, | 不是说案件多少 而是案件影响的范围 |
[39:24] | the-the fury of them. | 引发的民愤 |
[39:26] | Not us. We don’t have cases. | 不关我们的事 我们不打这类案件 |
[39:28] | Adrian, do you have something to contribute? | 阿德里安 你有要说的吗 |
[39:33] | No. | 没有 |
[39:33] | We’re here to try to work together as a group, Adrian. | 在这里的人要团结共事 阿德里安 |
[39:36] | When you throw a bomb at the police department, | 当你把警局当成敌人时 |
[39:38] | we all feel it. | 我们都能感觉到 |
[39:39] | You don’t think there’s any call to change your culture? | 你不觉得有必要改变你律所的文化吗 |
[39:45] | Not until you drop your new client, Franz. | 等你放弃你的新客户再说 弗兰兹 |
[39:48] | – My new client? I don’t understand. – Two months ago, | -我的新客户 我不明白 -两个月前 |
[39:50] | you shopped yourself to the Chicago Police Department, | 你和芝加哥警局自荐 |
[39:53] | arguing you could reduce their liability. | 声称你能减轻他们的负担 |
[39:55] | That’s not true. | 没有的事 |
[39:56] | Are you saying it’s not true | 你是说芝加哥警局 |
[39:58] | that the Chicago Police Department | 在考虑找你律所 |
[40:00] | is thinking of taking its business to your firm? | 做辩护这一事是无稽之谈吗 |
[40:03] | No, I’m saying my solicitation has nothing to do with | 不 我是说我拉客户与我们会议 |
[40:05] | this working group’s dealings with the police. | 目前讨论的问题毫无关系 |
[40:07] | There’s a Chinese wall. | 工作是明确分开的 |
[40:11] | Is this fucking true, Franz? | 这他妈是真的吗 弗兰兹 |
[40:13] | You’ve been trying to talk them into going easy on police cases | 你一直想说服他们对警察案件下手轻点 |
[40:16] | so you could win yourself a department contract? | 是为了确保自己拿到警局的合同吗 |
[40:18] | No, this has nothing to do with my… | 不 这毫无关系 |
[40:20] | Of course it has everything to do with it! | 这关系简直千丝万缕 |
[40:22] | No one here would believe that I would stoop so low | 这里没人相信我会用如此下作的手段 |
[40:24] | to use this group for my own advantage! | 来利用这个团队 为自己谋利 |
[40:27] | I believe it. | 我相信 |
[40:29] | I guess I do, too. | 我觉得我也信 |
[40:30] | I believe it, too. | 我也相信 |
[40:32] | – Excuse us. – Thank you. | -先走一步 -谢谢大家 |
[40:34] | – Oh, boy, oh, boy. – How disappointing. | -老天 -真令人失望 |
[40:43] | Well, you seem ready to go, Ms. Quinn. | 看来你准备好了 奎恩女士 |
[40:46] | What have you two decided? | 你们决定的结果是什么 |
[40:47] | Your Honor, we couldn’t come to an agreement. | 法官阁下 我们无法达成一致 |
[40:51] | We didn’t come to an agreement because the date | 我们没能统一意见是因为 |
[40:53] | the AUSA is insisting on for this trial | 助理联邦检察官坚持的审判日期 |
[40:56] | coincides with the due date of my baby. | 正好是我的预产期 |
[40:59] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[41:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:02] | Did you explain your situation to the AUSA? | 你向助理联邦检察官解释过这一情况吗 |
[41:06] | No. | 没有 |
[41:07] | Because there’s no need. | 因为不需要 |
[41:08] | He already knows the due date. | 他已经知道预产期 |
[41:10] | He’s the father. | 他就是孩子父亲 |
[41:15] | That’s right, Your Honor. | 没错 法官阁下 |
[41:16] | The AUSA is trying to use what he knows about my situation– | 助理联邦检察官企图利用他掌握的情况 |
[41:20] | i.E. Knocking me up– to his advantage. | 即 搞大我的肚子 为他自己谋利 |
[41:23] | – Uh, uh, Your Honor… – He wants me off the case | -法官阁下 -他想踢我出局 |
[41:25] | because that’ll give him a better chance of winning. | 因为这样他的赢面会更大 |
[41:27] | That’s… | 这… |
[41:31] | Mr. Morrello, it’s your turn. | 莫雷洛先生 到你了 |
[41:35] | Share your thinking. | 说说你的想法 |
[41:37] | I asked for the… | 我请求… |
[41:40] | Your Honor… | 法官阁下 |
[41:43] | I asked for the continuance | 我请求延期 |
[41:45] | because we, the Department of Justice, | 是因为司法部 |
[41:47] | need more time to prepare our case. | 需要更多时间准备 |
[41:52] | Many of our attorneys have resigned, | 我们有很多检察官辞职 |
[41:54] | and I have inherited this case from an outgoing AUSA. | 我是从离职的检察官那里接下本案的 |
[41:58] | What Ms. Quinn is suggesting… | 奎恩女士暗示… |
[42:00] | Oh, go ahead and call me Lucca. | 不拘谨 叫我卢卡吧 |
[42:01] | The judge knows we’re on a first-name basis. | 法官阁下了解我们的关系亲密 |
[42:06] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[42:08] | What Lucca… | 卢卡… |
[42:10] | is suggesting is incredibly cynical, | 所暗指的实在是愤世嫉俗 |
[42:12] | not to mention hypocritical, | 更别提有多虚伪了 |
[42:14] | because now she’s using her pregnancy | 因为现在她用自己怀孕这件事 |
[42:16] | to win sympathy from you, Your Honor. | 博得您的同情 法官阁下 |
[42:21] | Yes, I noticed. | 是的 我注意到了 |
[42:24] | Oh, boy, this kid’s gonna have great parents. | 天啊 这孩子要有绝世好父母了 |
[42:27] | Okay. Here goes. | 好了 这样 |
[42:30] | No continuance. | 不准延期 |
[42:32] | Mr. Morrello, | 莫雷洛先生 |
[42:34] | no one can know your true reason for moving the trial date, | 没人知道你延迟庭审日期的真正原因 |
[42:37] | but it doesn’t look good, and I’m not going to indulge it. | 但看起来用意不纯 我不会纵容你的 |
[42:42] | Get your case ready. You’re going to trial. | 准备好你的案子 你要上庭 |
[42:44] | And, Ms. Quinn, | 奎恩女士 |
[42:47] | your pregnancy is not going to earn you | 我不会因为你怀孕了 |
[42:49] | any special dispensation at trial. | 而在庭审中给予你任何特殊待遇 |
[42:52] | So, you’d better get ready, too. | 所以你最好也做好准备 |
[42:55] | I wasn’t trying to get you kicked off the case. | 我不是故意想把你踢出这个案子的 |
[42:57] | Excuse me. Do you have an appointment? | 等等 你预约了吗 |
[42:59] | I wasn’t being strategic in court. | 刚在法庭上我不是在耍伎俩 |
[43:01] | I wasn’t trying to get you bumped from the case. | 我没想着把你挤出这个案子 |
[43:04] | Then what were you doing? Go over there and turn around. | 那你是在干嘛 站那边 转过身去 |
[43:09] | We’re having a baby. | 我们要有孩子了 |
[43:10] | I’m having a baby. | 我要有孩子了 |
[43:11] | – The continuance was for your benefit. – Oh, my God. | -延期庭审是为你好 -天啊 |
[43:14] | I didn’t think this could get any worse, but here we go. | 我还想事情不会变得更糟 看来是想错了 |
[43:17] | This trial is going to be very stressful. | 这次庭审会压力重重 |
[43:19] | Okay? A double murder. | 好吗 是双尸案 |
[43:20] | A-And we’re gonna be screaming at each other. | 而且庭审中我们会朝对方大喊大叫 |
[43:22] | – Can I turn around now, please? – No, actually. | -我能转回来吗 求你了 -不行 |
[43:26] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[43:27] | Do you know how offensive this is? | 你知道这对我来说有多无礼吗 |
[43:30] | “Colin, I’m-I’m very worried about your delicate sensibility.” | “科林 我担心你脆弱的神经” |
[43:33] | “Maybe it would be better if you sit this one out.” | “你最好还是别参加这次庭审了” |
[43:36] | An AUSA in my first year, | 我第一年当检察官的时候 |
[43:37] | she had a miscarriage. | 有个女同事流产了 |
[43:38] | She was in the middle of the biggest trial of her career. | 她当时正在打她职业生涯中最大的一场官司 |
[43:40] | Oh, no. And the same thing could happen to me? Really? | 糟了 我也会和她一样吗 真的吗 |
[43:43] | Could I please just be a little concerned? | 我就不能表现出一点关心吗 |
[43:47] | No. You can’t. | 不行 |
[43:50] | Some little part of your DNA is inside me. | 你的一部分基因在我身体里 |
[43:53] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[43:54] | We had sex. We both regretted it. | 我们做爱了 而且我们都很后悔 |
[43:56] | I didn’t. | 我不后悔 |
[43:57] | Okay. That’s your problem. | 好吧 这就是你的问题了 |
[44:00] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[44:05] | You know, I came here for a different reason. | 我来这里是为了别的事 |
[44:08] | Colin, I am okay. Really. | 科林 我没事 真的 |
[44:10] | You guys represent Peeper Newsnow, right? | 你们律所在代理《窥踪新闻》 对吧 |
[44:12] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[44:13] | Oh, just because we arrested someone, | 我们刚抓了个人 |
[44:15] | someone that might prove useful to you. | 可能对你们有用 |
[44:18] | Who? | 谁 |
[44:19] | No, y-you’re not interested, right? | 算了 你没兴趣 对吧 |
[44:21] | No. No, I-I-I’m interested now. | 不 我现在有兴趣了 |
[44:22] | No, I’ll go. | 不了 我走了 |
[44:24] | Who? | 谁啊 |
[44:25] | Lacey Harmon. Antifa activist and day trader. | 莱西·哈蒙 反法西斯分子 股票交易员 |
[44:29] | Do you know the plaintiff, | 你认识原告吗 |
[44:31] | Dennis Honeycutt? | 丹尼斯·哈尼卡特 |
[44:32] | No, but I know of him. | 他不认识我 但我知道他 |
[44:34] | I burned his house down. | 我烧了他的房子 |
[44:38] | Okay, let’s keep our voices down. | 好了 大家都小点声 |
[44:41] | How’d you find his house, Lacey? | 你是怎么找到他的房子的 莱西 |
[44:43] | Online. | 网上 |
[44:44] | There’s a picture of it with a street sign | 他的脸书上有一张照片 |
[44:46] | on his Facebook page. | 是他家房子和路标 |
[44:47] | You didn’t find it on PeeperNews.Com? | 你不是在《窥踪新闻》的网站上找到的 |
[44:49] | No. I never even heard of it till you guys found me. | 不是 在你们找到我之前 我压根没听过 |
[44:52] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其它问题了 法官阁下 |
[44:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[44:54] | Anything, Ms. Wood Lutz? | 你呢 伍德卢茨女士 |
[44:56] | Just a recess, Your Honor. | 我请求休庭 法官阁下 |
[44:58] | Recess for lunch. | 休庭吃午饭 |
[45:04] | $300,000. | 30万 |
[45:05] | No. | 不行 |
[45:07] | In fact, if you keep pursuing this, we will countersue. | 老实说 如果你继续这样 我们就反诉 |
[45:12] | Well-played. | 干得漂亮 |
[45:18] | Diane Lockhart’s office. | 戴安·洛哈特的办公室 |
[45:20] | Um, she’s not in right now, Mr. Boseman. | 她这会儿不在 博斯曼先生 |
[45:22] | I actually called to talk to you, Marissa. | 我打电话其实是找你的 梅丽莎 |
[45:25] | Me? Why? | 我 什么事 |
[45:26] | Say thank you. | 说谢谢 |
[45:27] | Good job getting that dirt on Mendelssohn. | 挖到曼德森的内幕 干得漂亮 |
[45:30] | Oh, well, uh, that was just, you know… | 那只是… |
[45:34] | Marissa, take the thank you. | 梅丽莎 接受我的感谢 |
[45:37] | Right. | 好吧 |
[45:38] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[45:39] | You got your ten percent raise. | 你能涨薪百分之十了 |
[45:42] | You… Seriously? | 你… 真的吗 |
[45:44] | Really good job. | 你确实干得不错 |
[45:47] | Uh, thank you, Mr. Boseman. | 谢谢 博斯曼先生 |
[45:49] | This is the first raise I’ve ever gotten. | 这是我第一次涨工资 |
[45:50] | First of many, I’m sure. | 我确定这只是一个开始 |
[45:52] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[45:57] | So, what happened to J.D.? | 杰迪代亚是怎么了 |
[46:00] | You did. | 你的锅 |
[46:04] | Yup. Don’t get up. | 你坐着就好 |
[46:07] | Adrian, how are you? | 阿德里安 你怎么样 |
[46:10] | Good. Good. | 挺好 |
[46:12] | Good. Great. | 挺好就好 |
[46:13] | Listen, everyone at the network loves you. | 你现在是网友的宠儿 |
[46:15] | You’re smart. You’re articulate. | 你机敏聪慧 能说会道 |
[46:16] | The thing is, is we like it | 是这样的 我们想让你 |
[46:17] | when you bring a little more heat to the panel. | 给座谈小组再添把火 |
[46:20] | Be the angry, black man. | 扮演一个愤怒的黑人 |
[46:22] | God, no. | 天啊 不是 |
[46:23] | That’s an ugly stereotype. | 这是丑陋的刻板印象 |
[46:24] | Just-just go with your impulses. | 就…随性发挥吧 |
[46:26] | People are riled up these days. | 现在的人们都心浮气躁的 |
[46:27] | They want to hear someone saying what they’re thinking. | 他们希望有人能说出他们想说的话 |
[46:29] | That’s all. | 就这么简单 |
[46:30] | We’re all looking for those viral moments. | 我们想要一些能爆红的时刻 |
[46:33] | I’ll see you out there. That’s a great vest. | 外边见 这件马甲不错 |
[46:39] | Why does racism only go one way? | 为什么种族歧视总是单方面的 |
[46:41] | That’s what I want to know. | 我就想知道这个 |
[46:42] | I see racism against whites every day, every single day, | 每天我都能看见针对白人的种族歧视 |
[46:46] | yet I’m a racist for pointing that out? | 我指出这点 我就是种族主义者了吗 |
[46:48] | Adrian, what’s your take? | 阿德里安 你怎么看 |
[46:51] | Take on what? | 怎么看什么 |
[46:52] | What Chuck just said. | 查克刚说的那番话 |
[46:54] | Is racism just a one-way street? | 种族歧视是单向的吗 |
[46:56] | I think that’s his opinion. | 这是他的观点 |
[46:58] | Look at your firm, Adrian. | 看看你的律所 阿德里安 |
[46:59] | You get the benefit of no-bid contracts | 你们有无招标合同的优势 |
[47:01] | because you’re an African-American firm. | 因为你们是非裔美国人律所 |
[47:03] | Now, a-as a white lawyer, | 那作为一名白人律师 |
[47:04] | what am I supposed to think of that? | 我要怎么看待这件事呢 |
[47:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[47:09] | I think Chuck is pointing out a double standard here, Adrian. | 我想查克指出这件事的双标 阿德里安 |
[47:11] | I mean, take hip-hop. | 就拿说唱音乐举例 |
[47:13] | We’ve talked about this on the show before. | 我们在之前的节目中就讨论过 |
[47:15] | You have African-American rappers saying N-word this | 非裔美籍说唱歌手随心所欲地说那个禁词 |
[47:18] | and N-word that, but a Caucasian can’t? | 但白人说唱歌手就不能说 |
[47:20] | So say it. | 那你说出来 |
[47:22] | – Say what? – Say the word you want to say. | -说什么 -说你想说的那个词 |
[47:25] | I-I’m not saying that I want to say it. | 我不是说我想说那个词 |
[47:26] | – I’m just saying that I can’t. – Sure you can. | -我就是想说我不能说 -你当然可以说 |
[47:28] | Say it. Say it right now. | 说出来 现在就说 |
[47:31] | I will say it with you. | 我和你一起说 |
[47:32] | Okay, this is hypocritical. | 好了 这可够虚伪的 |
[47:34] | – You know we can’t. – Sure you can. | -你知道我们不能说 -你们当然可以 |
[47:36] | This is America. Both of you. | 这可是美国 你们俩一起 |
[47:39] | Say it. | 说出来 |
[47:41] | N… n… | 黑…黑… |
[47:42] | All right, I think we can move on. | 好了 我们继续下一个话题 |
[47:43] | Why? Why move on when you want to say it? | 为什么 你既然想说 为什么要换话题 |
[47:45] | Both of you want to say it. Huh? | 你们都想说 不是吗 |
[47:48] | N… | 黑… |
[47:49] | All together, everybody. | 大家一起来 |
[47:51] | N… n… | 黑…黑… |
[48:20] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[48:24] | Was I angry enough for you? | 对你来说 我够愤怒了吗 |
[48:31] | I don’t think he likes me. | 我想他不喜欢我 |
[48:33] | Good job. | 干得漂亮 |