时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | How do you feel? | 你感觉如何 |
[00:11] | Good. | 很不错 |
[00:13] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:16] | Because I’m in control. | 因为掌控权在我 |
[00:21] | How long will it last? | 这感觉能维持多久 |
[00:25] | As long as I want it to. | 我想要多久就有多久 |
[00:33] | Sorry. I thought I’d turned it off. | 抱歉 我以为我静音了 |
[00:35] | The world calls. | 世界在召唤你 |
[00:37] | So is he here? | 他到了吗 |
[00:38] | Yes, his flight was delayed, | 是的 他航班延误了 |
[00:39] | but we’re on our way to you right now. | 但我们在来的路上了 |
[00:41] | No, I’m not at the office, take him to court. | 我没在办公室 直接带他去法院吧 |
[00:43] | What about witness prep? | 准备证人的事怎么办 |
[00:44] | – Do it on the way. – Me? | -路上做 -我来做吗 |
[00:46] | Yes. You know the case, and there’s no time. | 是的 案子你也了解 而且没时间了 |
[00:49] | He’ll go right on the stand when he gets there. | 他一到就得上庭 |
[00:51] | Sure, he is shit. | 行吧 他烂透了 |
[00:53] | Chance The Rapper sings like shit. | 饶舌钱斯唱得烂透了 |
[00:55] | Oh, my fucking God, you’re making my head hurt. | 我的天啊 你真让我头疼 |
[00:57] | Avi, wait, we need to witness prep. | 艾维 等等 我们得做证人预演 |
[00:59] | No, we need to argue. | 不 等我们争完 |
[01:00] | No. You need to let Jay drive, | 不 你得让杰好好开车 |
[01:02] | and you and I need to witness prep right now. | 现在你我得做证人预演 |
[01:04] | – How far are we from court? – 30 minutes. | -我们还有多久到 -30分钟 |
[01:06] | Can we go any faster? | 还能再快点吗 |
[01:07] | If you want us to get pulled over, yes. | 可以 然后因超速被叫停车 |
[01:10] | Julius Cain, he is one of our partners, | 朱利叶斯·凯恩 我们的合伙人之一 |
[01:12] | he’s gonna be questioning you. | 他会问询你 |
[01:13] | Now, he will ask for your name and occupation. | 首先会问你的名字和职业 |
[01:18] | And you’ll answer? | 你会怎么回答 |
[01:20] | With my name and occupation. | 回答名字和职业啊 |
[01:22] | Which are? | 具体呢 |
[01:24] | Are we afraid I’ll forget it? | 你是担心我会忘吗 |
[01:25] | Avi, I need to see how you are on the stand. | 艾维 我需要知道你上庭的表现如何 |
[01:28] | Avi Epps, | 艾维·俄普斯 |
[01:28] | I organize Birthright tours in Israel. | 我组织去以色列的寻根之旅 |
[01:30] | The defendant has been accused of using Birthright money | 被告人被控挪用寻根之旅的资金 |
[01:34] | to bribe foreign officials. | 贿赂海外官员 |
[01:36] | Now, do you know this not to be true? | 你是否知道该指控不属实 |
[01:38] | I do… uh, know this not to be true. | 我知道 这不属实 |
[01:40] | – Good. – She’s an awful woman, | -很好 -她这人很糟糕 |
[01:41] | but she’s not corrupt. | 但她不腐败 |
[01:42] | No, no, no, you can’t say that. | 不不不 你不能这样回答 |
[01:43] | Why? It’s true. | 为什么 这是实话 |
[01:44] | You’re fucking kidding me. | 你他妈开什么玩笑呢 |
[01:45] | No, it is. | 她本来就那样 |
[01:46] | Naftali sleeps with every… | 奈芙塔莉睡过所有的… |
[01:52] | You were driving too fast? | 你超速了吗 |
[01:53] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[01:54] | – Let me do the talking. – Are you nuts? | -让我来说 -你疯了吗 |
[02:02] | License and registration. | 请出示驾照和行车证 |
[02:05] | – You all right, miss? – Yes. | -你没事吧 女士 -没事 |
[02:06] | We’re just running a bit late, Officer. | 我们只是赶时间 警官 |
[02:08] | – For? – Court. | -赶什么时间 -上庭 |
[02:09] | We work at Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart, a law firm. | 我们是雷&博&洛律所的员工 |
[02:13] | – And you are? – Hello, American police officer. | -你呢 -你好 美国警官 |
[02:15] | He’s scheduled to testify | 他是证人 |
[02:17] | in federal court, and we are, like I say, | 要在联邦法院出庭作证 |
[02:19] | running a little bit late. | 而我们已经有些迟了 |
[02:21] | – You asking us to hurry? – Uh, no. | -你是在催我们吗 -没有 |
[02:22] | I’m just sharing information. | 我只是在和你们分享信息 |
[02:24] | What’s in the bag? | 包里有什么 |
[02:26] | I carry it with me on the plane. | 这包我带上了飞机 |
[02:27] | I asked you what’s inside it, | 我问你包里有什么 |
[02:28] | not how it got here. | 而不是问你怎么带过来的 |
[02:29] | Please step out of the car. | 请从车上下来 |
[02:30] | Officer, just out of curiosity, why were we pulled over? | 警官 我就奇怪了 为什么拦下我们 |
[02:33] | I need you all out of the car, that’s why you were pulled over. | 我要你们所有人都下车 这就是原因 |
[02:35] | – Come on. – Maia, stop. Let’s go. | -快下来 -玛娅 别说了 我们下车 |
[02:37] | Any weapons in the bag? Anything that’ll stick… | 包里有武器吗 有尖锐物品… |
[02:41] | 玛娅·林德尔 被警察拦下了 20分钟内到… | |
[02:42] | I’ve sent both my daughters on Birthright. | 我两个女儿都参加了寻根之旅 |
[02:43] | …free of responsibility. | …没有责任 |
[02:45] | This is more bullshit. | 这都是扯淡 |
[02:46] | Ms. Amado, did you not promise me | 阿玛多女士 你不是保证过 |
[02:48] | that you would refrain from any outbursts? | 会控制好自己的情绪吗 |
[02:49] | Why do I refrain when everyone else is talk, talk, talk? | 其他人都在说个不停 我为什么要克制 |
[02:53] | Because you have two attorneys here talking for you. | 因为你的两位律师都在代你发言 |
[02:55] | No. It’s because I’m Jewish. | 不 是因为我是犹太人 |
[02:59] | Everyone in this courtroom is Jewish. | 这法庭里的所有人都是犹太人 |
[03:01] | – He is not Jewish. – Excuse me? | -他不是 -你说什么 |
[03:03] | Ten years on the board at Temple Shalom. | 我在平安神殿的委员会里呆了十年 |
[03:04] | That means nothing. Take off your pants. Let’s see. | 那不算什么 你把裤子脱下来看看 |
[03:07] | Mr. Boseman, | 博斯曼先生 |
[03:08] | you don’t get her under control… | 如果你管不了她 |
[03:10] | Apologies, Your Honor, yes. Yes, thank you. | 抱歉 法官阁下 多谢提醒 |
[03:12] | Jay and Maia were pulled over by the police. | 杰和玛娅的车被警察拦下了 |
[03:15] | It was a routine traffic stop. | 例行交通检查 |
[03:16] | – Jesus Christ. – I’m in touch with Maia. | -我的天啊 -我在和玛娅沟通 |
[03:18] | She thinks they’ll be here in 20. | 她觉得20分钟内能到 |
[03:22] | Okay. They’ve got a 30 minute recess. We should be fine. | 好的 休庭30分钟 我们应该赶得上 |
[03:25] | – Yeah, I wouldn’t count on that. – Please stand, | -我觉得悬 -请站起来 |
[03:26] | – place your hands on the car. – You’re kidding. | -将双手放在车上 -你开玩笑的吧 |
[03:28] | These are yours? | 这是你的吗 |
[03:29] | – I have a prescription. – Where is it? | -我有处方的 -那处方呢 |
[03:31] | In Yerushalayim. | 在耶路撒冷 |
[03:32] | Your drugs, your car– | 你的药和你的车 |
[03:34] | you’re both under arrest. Come on. | 你俩被捕了 起来 |
[03:35] | Come on! | 得了吧 |
[03:37] | Hands behind your back. | 双手背到后面 |
[03:38] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[03:39] | Sheldon Adelson is my cousin. | 谢尔登·阿德尔森是我表兄 |
[03:41] | This vehicle is to be impounded. | 这辆车也被扣押了 |
[03:42] | You’ll need to find other means of transportation, miss. | 你得找其他交通工具走了 女士 |
[03:45] | And why am I not being arrested? | 那为什么不逮捕我 |
[03:46] | Maia, get on with Diane. | 玛娅 联系戴安 |
[03:47] | 26th and Cal at noon. | 中午到第26街和加州大道刑事法院 |
[03:49] | We’ll need bail. | 我们需要保释 |
[03:51] | Go. | 去吧 |
[04:02] | Liz! | 莉兹 |
[04:03] | Bond court 401. | 401保释庭 |
[04:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:06] | Who did the drugs belong to? | 药是谁的 |
[04:08] | The witness. They think they’re illegal. | 证人的 他们觉得药不合法 |
[04:11] | So why didn’t they take you in? | 那他们为什么不逮捕你 |
[04:13] | I don’t know. I mean, Jay says it was “Driving while black.” | 我也不知道 杰说这是黑人司机歧视 |
[04:16] | Ugh, okay, I will argue for an I-bond… | 好吧 我会以自我担保来争论 |
[04:16] | 不必缴纳保释金 但若未按时出庭 将缴纳全额保释金罚款且失去保释资格 | |
[04:21] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[04:23] | Nothing. Just… | 没怎么 只是… |
[04:27] | – Nothing. – Docket 354-A. | -没什么 -354A号案件 |
[04:29] | Male number 19. | 19号男性 |
[04:30] | Assault. | 袭击事件 |
[04:31] | What have you got, ASA? | 什么情况 助理检察官 |
[04:32] | Here comes Jay. | 杰来了 |
[04:34] | Representing the arrestee. | 被捕者的代表律师 |
[04:37] | – God. I’m happy to see you guys. – What happened to Avi? | -天啊 见到你们太好了 -艾维怎样了 |
[04:40] | He’s in the group two after mine. | 他排得比我要后两组 |
[04:41] | – You all right? – Yeah. Should have had Maia drive. | -你没事吧 -没事 应该让玛娅开车的 |
[05:11] | – They’re ICE. – What? | -他们是移民局的 -什么 |
[05:13] | Those four. | 那四个 |
[05:16] | They’re plainclothes immigration agents. | 他们是穿便衣的移民局探员 |
[05:17] | I recognize them from the DOJ. | 我从司法部认识他们的 |
[05:21] | I think they’re here for you. | 我觉得他们是冲你来的 |
[05:22] | Me? Why? | 我 为什么 |
[05:23] | You don’t have any issues? | 你有什么问题吗 |
[05:25] | With citizenship? No. | 公民身份问题吗 没有 |
[05:26] | – You have your birth certificate? – Somewhere. | -你有出生证明吗 -放在某个地方 |
[05:29] | What, are you sure about this? | 怎么回事 你确定吗 |
[05:30] | I think so. | 我觉得是 |
[05:32] | Well, whatever Jay’s status, | 不管杰的身份是什么 |
[05:34] | people can be hard to reach once they get taken in. | 一旦被他们抓走就很难接触到他了 |
[05:36] | I know. This is how it works. | 我知道 他们就是这样操作的 |
[05:38] | They wait outside criminal courts, take them in. | 他们在刑事法庭外等着 再把人抓走 |
[05:41] | 358-A. | 案件编号358A |
[05:42] | Male number 21, drug possession. | 男性第21号 被控持有毒品 |
[05:45] | What have you got, ASA Timmons? | 你有什么要说的 助理检察官蒂蒙斯 |
[05:47] | Mr. Dipersia is a flight risk | 考虑到迪佩西亚先生的同伴 |
[05:49] | given his codefendant recently arrived from overseas. | 刚从国外入境 他有弃保潜逃的风险 |
[05:51] | Any mitigation from the defense? | 被告有什么求情的话要说吗 |
[05:53] | Yes, Your Honor. But first, | 有 法官阁下 但是首先 |
[05:54] | it is our understanding | 我们都有共识 |
[05:57] | that Chicago is a sanctuary city. | 芝加哥是个庇护城市 |
[06:00] | So we are surprised to find | 我们很惊讶 |
[06:02] | four immigration officers working | 四个移民局执法人员 |
[06:04] | with the county sheriffs. | 会和县司法长官合作 |
[06:05] | Your Honor, I have no idea what Counselor is referring to. | 法官阁下 我不知道辩方律师在说什么 |
[06:09] | Well, let’s ask her. What are you referring to? | 我们问问她 你指的是什么 |
[06:10] | Those four men back there. | 那边的四个男人 |
[06:13] | They are ICE agents. | 他们是移民局的探员 |
[06:15] | Gentlemen, is this true? | 先生们 是这样吗 |
[06:18] | Are you immigration enforcement? | 你们是移民执法局的吗 |
[06:20] | With all due deference, ma’am, you cannot ask us that. | 恕我直言 女士 你无权问这个问题 |
[06:24] | Come here. | 到这边来 |
[06:28] | I said come here. | 我说到这边来 |
[06:36] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[06:37] | It’s “Your Honor.” | 是”法官阁下” |
[06:40] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[06:41] | It’s, uh, still true that we live in a democracy. | 我们生活在民主社会这不假 |
[06:44] | But the fact is, in these four walls, | 但事实是 在法庭高墙之内 |
[06:48] | you’re in a monarchy. | 这里实行君主制 |
[06:50] | And where I’m sitting is the throne. | 而我则身处帝王之位 |
[06:53] | Now, when I ask you a question, | 现在 我问一句 |
[06:56] | I want an answer, | 你答一句 |
[06:57] | or else I will hold you and your colleagues in contempt. | 否则我就以藐视法庭之罪扣押你和你的同事 |
[07:00] | – What’s your name? – Patrick Basehart. | -你叫什么名字 -帕特里克·贝斯哈特 |
[07:03] | Why are you here? | 你因何事而来 |
[07:05] | I’m a lawyer with Immigration and Customs Enforcement. | 我是移民及海关执法局的律师 |
[07:07] | We have a detainer notice for Jay Dipersia. | 我们持有杰·迪佩西亚的拘留通知 |
[07:11] | Counselor, | 辩方律师 |
[07:12] | for purposes of setting bail, | 为了设定保释金额 |
[07:13] | can you speak to some factors in your client’s favor? | 你能说些对你客户有利的话吗 |
[07:17] | We have nothing to offer in mitigation, Your Honor. | 我们没有求情的话可说 法官阁下 |
[07:20] | We request bail to be set at $1,000. | 我们请求设定一千美元保释金 |
[07:23] | We cannot pay that amount at this time, Your Honor. | 我们眼下付不起这么多钱 法官阁下 |
[07:26] | Well, then I’ll set bail at $100. | 那保释金定为一百美元 |
[07:27] | Still too burdensome, Your Honor. | 还是有点高 法官阁下 |
[07:30] | Only ten dollars is due today. | 今天交十美元就可以了 |
[07:32] | That amount is simply too high. | 保释金太高了 |
[07:34] | Your Honor, this is clearly a trick. | 法官阁下 他们明显在耍花招 |
[07:38] | The defendant is remanded | 被告将被还押 |
[07:39] | to the custody of Cook County until such time | 受库克县的监管 |
[07:43] | as he can post bail. | 直到其上交保释金 |
[07:45] | Next. | 下一个 |
[07:51] | Okay, they can’t touch you while you’re in here. | 好了 你在这儿他们就不能拿你怎么样 |
[07:53] | You have all your documents? | 你证件都齐全吗 |
[07:55] | My sisters do. Uh, Brigitte’s a genealogy nut. | 在我妹妹那里 布丽奇特是个族谱狂人 |
[07:58] | She keeps every paper and then some. | 她把所有文件都保存着 |
[08:00] | – You’ve seen your birth certificate? – Yes. | -你看到过你的出生证明 -没错 |
[08:02] | I vote, I pay taxes. | 我参与投票 交税 |
[08:03] | Okay. This is just a bureaucratic mistake. | 好 这就是政府出错了 |
[08:06] | Maia, contact his sisters. Get his birth certificate. | 玛娅 联系他的妹妹 拿到他的出生证明 |
[08:08] | Yeah, and I’ll get an emergency hearing | 没错 我得在移民法官那儿 |
[08:10] | in front of an immigration judge. | 申请紧急听证会 |
[08:11] | Julius, we need help bailing Avi out. | 朱利叶斯 我们得把艾维保释出来 |
[08:14] | I’m on my way. | 我这就去办 |
[08:16] | The judge is denying a delay. | 法官驳回了延期 |
[08:28] | Good morning, Your Honor. | 早上好 法官阁下 |
[08:29] | Diane Lockhart here on behalf of Jay Dipersia. | 我是杰·迪佩西亚的代表律师戴安·洛哈特 |
[08:32] | Say it again, please. Louder. | 请大声再说一次 |
[08:35] | Good morning, Your Honor. | 早上好 法官阁下 |
[08:36] | Um, Diane Lockhart and Liz Reddick here… | 戴安·洛哈特和莉兹·雷迪克… |
[08:40] | – Louder, please. – On… | -请大声点 -为… |
[08:42] | Good morning, Your Honor. | 早上好 法官阁下 |
[08:44] | Liz Reddick and Diane Lockhart here | 我们是杰·迪佩西亚的代表律师 |
[08:46] | on behalf of Jay Dipersia. | 莉兹·雷迪克和戴安·洛哈特 |
[08:48] | And Ralph Beldi for Immigration and Customs… | 我是移民局的拉尔夫·贝尔迪… |
[08:54] | I’m sorry, Judge, we can’t hear you. | 抱歉 法官阁下 我们听不到你说话 |
[08:57] | I said, good morning, too. | 我说 你们也早上好 |
[08:59] | Where is this undocumented? | 非法入境的被告在哪儿 |
[09:01] | He is not undocumented, Your Honor. | 他不是非法入境 法官阁下 |
[09:04] | He is currently being held in the Cook County Courthouse | 他刚因为一项与本案无关的指控 |
[09:07] | on an unrelated charge. | 被关押到了库克县法院 |
[09:09] | Your Honor, Patrick Basehart | 法官阁下 帕特里克·贝斯哈特 |
[09:11] | for Immigration and Customs Enforcement. | 移民及海关执法局的律师 |
[09:14] | We filed a detainer notice, | 我们提交了一份拘留通知 |
[09:16] | and we’re seeking immediate deportation to Nigeria, | 我们准备即日将被告遣返回尼日利亚 |
[09:19] | Mr. Dipersia’s country of origin. | 迪佩西亚先生的出生国 |
[09:21] | What is the basis for the detainer notice? | 拘留通知的依据是什么 |
[09:25] | We’ve scanned the individual’s birth certificate | 我们把被告的出生证明 |
[09:27] | to you, Your Honor. | 扫描发了给你 法官阁下 |
[09:30] | We haven’t seen this birth certificate. | 我们还没看到这份出生证明 |
[09:34] | It says he was born on May 2, 1980, | 上面写着他1980年5月2日出生于 |
[09:39] | in Barewa Hospital, in the town of Kano, | 卡诺镇的白拉瓦医院 |
[09:42] | which is in the country of Nigeria– you see? | 其坐落于尼日利亚 你们看 |
[09:47] | No, no, this says | 不 不 上面写着 |
[09:49] | “Jamil Dokpesi Dipersia,” | “贾米尔·多帕西·迪佩西亚” |
[09:52] | which is not our client’s name, Your Honor. | 不是我们客户的名字 法官阁下 |
[09:54] | This is clearly a mistake. | 这明显是个错误 |
[09:56] | Your Honor, we ask for an opportunity | 法官阁下 我们请求您给予机会 |
[09:58] | to provide documentation | 让我们提供文件 |
[10:01] | proving that Mr. Dipersia | 证明迪佩西亚先生 |
[10:03] | is a natural-born American citizen. | 是在美国出生的公民 |
[10:05] | Well, how long is that going to take? | 好吧 需要多长时间 |
[10:08] | One hour, Your Honor. | 一小时 法官阁下 |
[10:14] | Maia, we have one hour. | 玛娅 我们有一小时时间 |
[10:16] | We need the birth certificate now. | 我们现在就需要出生证明 |
[10:17] | We’re doing our best. His sisters think they have it, | 我们尽力 他妹妹说在她们手上有 |
[10:20] | and I will run over a copy. | 我去拿复印件 |
[10:21] | – Great. – Okay. | -好 -好 |
[10:24] | I-I just grabbed the box and jumped in the car. | 我拿上这个箱子就上车了 |
[10:26] | Left the kids next door. | 把孩子放在了隔壁 |
[10:29] | It should be in here somewhere. | 应该就在这里 |
[10:30] | This is crazy. We were born here. | 难以置信 我们就是在这出生的 |
[10:33] | Sometimes this country makes me so mad. | 有时候这个国家让我很抓狂 |
[10:35] | This would kill Mom and Dad. | 这要气死咱爸妈 |
[10:36] | Except they’re already dead. | 不过他们都已经死了 |
[10:39] | – Not funny. – I’m the bad sister. | -不好笑 -我一直都是那个坏妹妹 |
[10:42] | This is Jay and me when we were kids. | 这是杰和我小时候的照片 |
[10:44] | Here. See? | 这里 看见没 |
[10:45] | Born in the U.S. | 美国出生 |
[10:47] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[10:47] | Okay, perfect. I’m gonna make a copy. | 好 太好了 我去复印 |
[10:49] | I’ll be right back. | 一会就回 |
[10:50] | They have to let him go now, right? | 他们必须得放了他 对吗 |
[10:52] | – Yeah, once we post bail. – What? | -是的 只要我们交了保释金 -什么 |
[10:56] | Nothing. For a second I thought | 没事 我还以为 |
[10:57] | I gave her the wrong certificate. | 我给错了出生证明 |
[10:59] | – The wrong… – Oh, no, this one’s mine. | -错的… -不对 这份是我的 |
[11:00] | They were born 15 minutes apart. | 他们只差15分钟 |
[11:02] | – So you and Jay are twins? – Yes. | -所以你和杰是双胞胎 -是的 |
[11:04] | Born at Harbor Hospital. | 在港湾医院出生的 |
[11:05] | Can I see? | 能给我看看吗 |
[11:10] | Okay, I’m gonna head to court with the copy. Bye. | 好了 我把复印件交到法庭去 再见 |
[11:18] | What? | 怎么 |
[11:20] | I think Jay’s might be a fake. | 我觉得杰的出生证明可能是假的 |
[13:02] | Uh, I don’t understand what the problem is. | 我不明白有什么问题 |
[13:05] | This is his sister’s certificate. | 这是他妹妹的出生证明 |
[13:06] | – It reads “Female,” See? – Yeah. | -上面写着”女性” 看见没 -看见了 |
[13:09] | – Well, isn’t that to be expected? – Yes. | -这不是正常的吗 -是的 |
[13:11] | But this is Jay’s certificate. | 但这个是杰的出生证明 |
[13:14] | – Well, “Male,” Okay. – Yeah. | -“男性” 对的 -没错 |
[13:16] | They whited out the “F” And the “E.” | 他们把”F”和”E”涂白了 |
[13:18] | It’s his sister’s birth certificate. | 这是他妹妹的出生证明 |
[13:20] | They just copied it and altered it to be Jay’s. | 他们只是复印了一份然后改成了杰的信息 |
[13:23] | – What? – You see this rip here at the bottom? | -什么 -看见底下这个裂口了没 |
[13:26] | It’s identical. | 是一样的 |
[13:32] | You can say it. Uh-oh. | 想说就说 糟糕 |
[13:40] | I’m not American? | 我不是美国人 |
[13:41] | No. | 不是 |
[13:44] | And you’re not a twin. | 你们也不是双胞胎 |
[13:47] | Your sister, Brigitte, was born here, | 你妹妹 布丽奇特 是在这出生的 |
[13:49] | but you were born a year earlier, in Nigeria. | 但你是一年前在尼日利亚出生的 |
[13:53] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[13:56] | What’s my name? | 我叫什么名字 |
[13:59] | Jamil Dokpesi Dipersia. | 贾米尔·多帕西·迪佩西亚 |
[14:01] | That was my uncle’s name. | 那是我叔叔的名字 |
[14:04] | Your parents copied your sister’s birth certificate. | 你父母复制了一份你妹妹的出生证明 |
[14:07] | So, I’m in trouble. | 这么说 我有麻烦了 |
[14:10] | Well, no, we’re trying a few things. | 不 我们在想办法 |
[14:13] | God, this is insane. | 天 难以置信 |
[14:15] | Your parents wanted you to have a good life. | 你父母希望你过上好日子 |
[14:17] | That’s why they did this. | 所以才这么做的 |
[14:19] | Did my sisters know? | 我妹妹知道了吗 |
[14:20] | No. | 不知道 |
[14:22] | So, the key here is, Jay, | 杰 现在关键是 |
[14:26] | to keep you out of the hands of ICE. | 不能让移民局抓你进去 |
[14:29] | It doesn’t matter, does it? | 这也无补于事 对吗 |
[14:31] | They can deport me. | 他们可以遣返我回国 |
[14:35] | I’m not an American citizen. | 我不是美国公民 |
[14:38] | We need to keep you here in Cook County. | 我们要把你留在库克县 |
[14:40] | That’s the only way we can fight them. | 只有这样我们才能对付他们 |
[14:43] | Jay Dipersia? | 杰·迪佩西亚 |
[14:46] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[14:47] | He’s needed in court. | 他要上庭了 |
[14:48] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么 -不知道 |
[14:49] | I do what I’m told. | 我只是按命行事 |
[14:50] | You actually do a hell of a lot more than what you’re told. | 其实你根本在滥用职权 |
[14:52] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[14:53] | – Colluding with ICE. – Oh, come on. | -勾结移民局 -得了吧 |
[14:55] | You act like they’re terrorists. | 你说得他们像是恐怖分子一样 |
[14:57] | Th-They’re obeying the law. | 他们在执行法律 |
[14:59] | They’re doing their jobs. | 做自己的本职工作 |
[15:01] | And he’s illegal. | 而他是非法移民 |
[15:03] | You want to change the law of the land? | 你想改变国家法律吗 |
[15:05] | Then run for office and change it. | 那就竞选公职改变法律去 |
[15:07] | But don’t blame me for following it. Let’s go. | 但别指责我遵纪守法 我们走 |
[15:11] | There’s Jay. | 杰在那 |
[15:12] | Jay. | 杰 |
[15:14] | – Are you okay? – I’m good. | -你没事吧 -我没事 |
[15:15] | – How about you two? – We’re here. | -你们呢 -我们来了 |
[15:18] | Wow. So, I guess I’m 38. | 所以我已经38岁了 |
[15:20] | My God, can you believe it? | 天呐 你敢相信吗 |
[15:21] | You do look older. | 你确实看着老一点 |
[15:24] | Do we even know anyone from Nigeria? | 我们在尼日利亚有认识的人吗 |
[15:27] | I’ll send you Mom’s letters from back home. | 我回家后给你寄妈妈的信 |
[15:29] | – I just want to hug you. – After this, | -我只想抱抱你 -等我出去后 |
[15:32] | and before they place me back in holding, okay? | 在他们把我关回去之前 好吗 |
[15:34] | Okay. Okay. | 好 好 |
[15:35] | 358-A. Drug possession. | 358A 持有毒品 |
[15:37] | Here we go again. | 又来了 |
[15:39] | Has the status of bail changed? | 保释状态改变了吗 |
[15:41] | Did you find the ten dollars? | 你找到那十块钱了吗 |
[15:42] | No, ma’am. Still struggling. | 没有 法官阁下 还在找 |
[15:44] | Your Honor, the lab did an expedited test | 法官阁下 化验室对在迪佩西亚先生车中 |
[15:46] | on the drugs found in Mr. Dipersia’s car. | 发现的药品做了个加急测试 |
[15:48] | That’s amazing. | 很好 |
[15:49] | And the state is dropping the case. | 州检察院准备撤回此案 |
[15:51] | Your Honor, that is a ploy. | 法官阁下 这是个策略 |
[15:52] | Really? A ploy to release your client? | 是吗 释放你客户的策略吗 |
[15:54] | Right. Straight into the arms | 对 顺便直接把他送入 |
[15:55] | of the conveniently warned ICE agents. | 得到消息的移民局探员手中 |
[15:58] | Mr. Basehart, good to see you back again. | 贝斯哈特先生 很高兴再次见到你 |
[16:01] | Good to be back, Your Honor. | 很荣幸回来 法官阁下 |
[16:02] | We have also confirmed | 我们还确认了 |
[16:03] | that Mr. Epps, the passenger in Mr. Dipersia’s car, | 俄普斯先生 迪佩西亚先生车中的乘客 |
[16:06] | does in fact have a prescription for those pills. | 确实持有那些药物的处方 |
[16:08] | So, he has been released. | 所以 他已经被释放了 |
[16:10] | So, you are… | 所以 你们要… |
[16:12] | Dropping the charges. And, of course, | 取消指控 当然 还有 |
[16:14] | we regret any mix-up. | 很抱歉给您添麻烦了 |
[16:15] | Well, I can’t pretend | 既然案件不成立 |
[16:17] | that there’s a case when there isn’t one. | 我也不能装作有案可审了 |
[16:23] | Mr. Dipersia, | 迪佩西亚先生 |
[16:25] | you will conduct yourself appropriately | 你在我的法庭上 |
[16:27] | in my courtroom. | 要举止得体 |
[16:29] | If you do not conduct yourself with appropriate decorum, | 如果你行为不当 |
[16:32] | I will be forced to hold you in contempt. | 那我不得不因你藐视法庭将你关起来 |
[16:36] | Act up. | 闹起来 |
[16:39] | Um… you-you can’t tell me what to do, Judge. | 你不能告诉我怎么做 法官 |
[16:41] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[16:42] | – Louder. – I-I said | -大点声 -我说 |
[16:44] | I-I don’t recognize the authority of this court | 我不认同这个法庭有指挥我做这做那的 |
[16:47] | to tell me shit! | 狗屁权力 |
[16:48] | I’m giving you one last warning. | 我最后一次警告你 |
[16:50] | Fuck this court! | 去你的法庭 |
[16:53] | You have been warned, sir. | 我警官过你 先生 |
[16:55] | I am holding you in contempt. | 我将因你藐视法庭关押你 |
[16:58] | Take the defendant back to the holding cell. | 把被告带回拘留室 |
[17:00] | Mr. Dipersia is hereby remanded to state custody. | 因此迪佩西亚先生将继续被关押在州拘留所 |
[17:06] | Next. | 下一个 |
[17:06] | We’re here for you. | 我们在这支持你 |
[17:07] | I love you both. | 我爱你们俩 |
[17:11] | Here’s the problem with a shell game. | 骗局早晚会出问题 |
[17:12] | Eventually, I find the pea. | 最终 我会赢 |
[17:14] | How much taxpayer money are you burning up | 你为了抓一个人 要消耗纳税人 |
[17:16] | to pursue one man? | 多少钱 |
[17:17] | – Let me ask you a question. – No. | -我来问你一个问题 -不 |
[17:19] | Mine first, and it’s not hypothetical. | 我先问的 这个问题并非假设的 |
[17:21] | How much are you burning up? | 你要消耗多少钱 |
[17:23] | You two are idealists, right? | 你俩是理想主义者 是吗 |
[17:25] | Justice is worth all sacrifice, all toil– well, I agree. | 为正义值得一切的牺牲和努力 我赞同 |
[17:28] | I should be at my son’s birthday party, his sixth, | 我本该去参加我儿子六岁的生日派对 |
[17:31] | but instead, I’m here, trying to make sure | 但相反 我却在这确保 |
[17:33] | that federal powers trump state’s rights. | 联邦权力大于州权利 |
[17:39] | God, he’s getting a federal writ | 老天 他要拿联邦法令 |
[17:41] | to overcome state rights. | 来压制州权利 |
[17:43] | – We need to get court time. – Well, yeah. | -我们得争取上庭时间 -对 |
[17:45] | We also need an end game. | 我们还需要解决方法 |
[17:46] | Expedited lawful residency? | 加急的合法居留申请 |
[17:49] | We could apply for an Einstein visa. | 我们可以申请爱因斯坦签证 |
[17:51] | With what expertise? | 用什么专长 |
[17:53] | Investigative. I mean, he has a license. | 调查 他有执照 |
[17:55] | Doesn’t sound like a winner. | 听上去赢不了 |
[17:56] | – He draws. Jay draws. – Draws what? | -他画画 杰画画 -画什么 |
[17:58] | Pictures. He’s really good. | 图 他真的很棒 |
[18:00] | He’s an artist? | 他是个艺术家吗 |
[18:01] | Yeah, of graphic novels. | 是 绘画小说家 |
[18:02] | – Has he ever been paid? – I don’t know. | -他得到过报酬吗 -我不知道 |
[18:04] | – What do you think? – We can try. | -你们觉得怎么样 -我们可以试试 |
[18:06] | Okay, Marissa, get together with his sisters, | 好了 梅丽莎 跟他的妹妹们一起 |
[18:08] | – and get his artwork. – And we’ll hit court. | -拿到他的作品 -我们去法庭 |
[18:15] | Your Honor, we have reason to believe that our witness, | 法官阁下 我们有理由相信我们的证人 |
[18:17] | Avi Epps, has returned to Israel. | 艾维·俄普斯已经返回以色列了 |
[18:20] | So what do you want from me? | 那你希望我怎么做 |
[18:21] | We would ask for a continuance | 我们想申请延期 |
[18:22] | until such time as we can affect his return. | 直到我们能要求他回来 |
[18:25] | – Who is he? – Given the speed of this trial, | -他是谁 -考虑到这个案子的速度 |
[18:27] | you probably have time to | 你们应该有时间 |
[18:29] | – fly him back by way of the South Pole. – I don’t know. | -让他越过南极飞回来 -我不知道 |
[18:31] | That aside, there are no more continuances for any reason. | 除此之外 你们没有其他延期的理由 |
[18:34] | So, motions to dismiss, closing statements– | 所以 驳回动议 结案陈词 |
[18:37] | where are we at? | 我们说到哪了 |
[18:38] | We actually have an additional witness, Your Honor. | 其实我们还有一位证人 法官阁下 |
[18:40] | This witness have a name? | 这位证人有名字吧 |
[18:41] | Uh, yes, Your Honor. | 有 法官阁下 |
[18:43] | Jay Dipersia. | 杰·迪佩西亚 |
[18:44] | – Objection! Your Honor. – Objection. | -反对 法官阁下 -反对 |
[18:46] | Mr. Dipersia is an employee of our law firm, Your Honor. | 迪佩西亚是我们律所的一位员工 法官阁下 |
[18:50] | Jay Dipersia is currently in state custody… | 杰·迪佩西亚目前被州政府拘留 |
[18:52] | Mr. Gottlieb– and whomever whispered in his ear– | 戈特利布先生和那位跟他耳语的人 |
[18:56] | wants Mr. Dipersia transferred to federal custody | 希望迪佩西亚转到联邦政府的控制下 |
[18:59] | so that ICE will have easier access to him. | 这样移民局就能更容易地接近他 |
[19:02] | That is an outrageous accusation, Your Honor. | 这个指控令人发指 法官阁下 |
[19:04] | The witness is necessary to rebut the testimony | 这位证人可以反驳 |
[19:06] | of the defendant. | 被告的证词 |
[19:07] | On the issue of Mr. Dipersia testifying, | 关于迪佩西亚作证一事 |
[19:09] | I’ll hear oral arguments from both sides. | 我将听取双方的口头论证 |
[19:11] | You first, Gottlieb. | 你先 戈特利布 |
[19:13] | He’s a Republican fixer I know. | 他是一个我认识的共和党调停者 |
[19:14] | I’m gonna go find out what I can about Jay. | 我去看看能为杰做点什么 |
[19:21] | They’re empty. | 里面没人 |
[19:23] | What’d you find out? | 你有什么料 |
[19:25] | No one’s targeting your firm, | 没人针对你们律所 |
[19:26] | and the Republicans have nothing | 共和党跟遣返你们的调查员一事 |
[19:28] | to do with deporting your investigator. | 没有任何关系 |
[19:30] | – But…? – But what? | -但是 -但是什么 |
[19:32] | Well, it sounded like you had a “But” attached. | 听上去你要接着说”但是” |
[19:34] | No. But there is a “However.” | 没有 但有”然而” |
[19:36] | However, doesn’t mean we can’t do something. | 然而 并不意味着我们不能做点什么 |
[19:39] | Such as? | 比如 |
[19:41] | People like you, Julius, | 像你这样的人 朱利叶斯 |
[19:43] | they just don’t like your firm. | 他们不喜欢你们律所 |
[19:44] | They think it suited up for the other team. | 他们认为它是为对手服务 |
[19:47] | So do us a favor. | 所以帮我们个忙 |
[19:48] | You have a client, Neil Gross of Chumhum. | 你有个客户 查查网的尼尔·格罗斯 |
[19:51] | We hear he ran a personality quiz | 我们听说他做了个性格测试 |
[19:53] | just like the one Cambridge Analytica did for Trump. | 就跟剑桥分析给特朗普做的一样 |
[19:55] | Get us the Chumhum contract. | 把查查网的合同给我们 |
[19:57] | I can’t do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[19:59] | You’re asking me to put my thumb on the scale | 你要我出面帮你们的 |
[20:01] | for your illegal investigator, and I’m willing to do that, | 非法移民调查员 我也乐意这么做 |
[20:04] | but I need something. | 但我需要回报 |
[20:06] | The Democrats and Chumhum are denying | 民主党和查查网否认 |
[20:08] | there’s any data mining equivalency. | 存在任何等同于数据挖掘的行为 |
[20:10] | Now, we know that’s bullshit. | 我们都知道那是胡扯 |
[20:13] | We just need proof. | 我们只是需要证据 |
[20:17] | Well, let me see what I can do. | 让我看看我能做什么 |
[20:19] | We can’t give him the Chumhum contract. | 我们不能把查查网的合同给他 |
[20:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:23] | Then why is he asking? | 那他为什么要问 |
[20:24] | My guess is to see how we react. | 我想是看看我们怎么反应 |
[20:26] | You think he can stop the deportation action? | 你认为他能阻止遣返吗 |
[20:28] | Yeah. He’s a political fixer. | 可以 他是个政治调停者 |
[20:31] | He makes a couple of calls, ICE will back off. | 他打几通电话 移民局就会撤退 |
[20:33] | Well, let’s stall him. | 我们拖住他 |
[20:34] | Keep him on a hook. | 吊着他 |
[20:35] | Imply you can get the contract. | 暗示他你可以拿到合同 |
[20:37] | Okay. Which court are you going to now? | 好 你们现在去哪个法庭 |
[20:39] | – Federal District… – Civil court… | -联邦地方… -民事法庭… |
[20:41] | Uh, this should be interesting. | 这会很有趣 |
[20:45] | Your Honor, this is a federal court, | 法官阁下 这是联邦法院 |
[20:47] | and the State of Illinois | 伊利诺伊州 |
[20:48] | is trying to usurp your power. | 尝试篡夺你的权力 |
[20:50] | And ICE is just forum shopping here. | 移民局在挑选法院 |
[20:52] | This same case is being argued in state court, | 现在这案子也在州法院上开庭 |
[20:55] | but they think they can get a decision | 但他们认为在联邦法庭 |
[20:57] | more to their liking here in federal. | 他们能得到更有利的判决 |
[20:59] | I don’t understand this. | 我不明白 |
[21:00] | Well, it’s quite simple, Your Honor. | 非常简单 法官阁下 |
[21:02] | No, no, no, the zippers. | 不是 我是说拉链 |
[21:04] | Uh, they seem to go in both directions. I… | 好像上下都拉得上 |
[21:07] | Your Honor, Cook County is actively | 法官阁下 库克县在主动 |
[21:10] | interfering in an ongoing enforcement action | 干扰正在进行的执法行动 |
[21:12] | in violation of federal law… | 此行为触犯了联邦法律… |
[21:14] | No, the counselor is trying to trick you, Your Honor, | 不 律师在耍花招欺骗您 法官阁下 |
[21:17] | and I know that you cannot be tricked. | 我清楚您是不能被欺骗的 |
[21:19] | No, no, no, see, you’re tearing it. | 不对 你给扯开了 |
[21:20] | No, the-the zipper’s off the track. | 这样不行 拉链脱轨了 |
[21:22] | I– it’s– all right, get out. | 没事了 去吧 |
[21:24] | Your Honor, again, | 法官阁下 我再次重申 |
[21:25] | this is a matter for the federal government. | 此案属于联邦政府管辖范围 |
[21:30] | This is a matter of state’s rights, Your Honor. | 此案关系到州权利 法官阁下 |
[21:32] | We are a sanctuary city. | 我们受伊州法律保护 |
[21:34] | The sanctuary laws as practiced here are an unlawful restraint | 奉行庇护法律是对联邦权威的 |
[21:37] | on federal authority, Your Honor. | 非法限制 法官阁下 |
[21:39] | We all know that state law does not preempt federal law. | 我们都知道州法律对联邦法律没有优先性 |
[21:42] | We are not preempting. | 我们没有提优先性 |
[21:43] | We are only arguing that the state is not an extension | 我们只是主张各州不是 |
[21:46] | of the federal government. | 联邦政府的延伸 |
[21:48] | We’re not suggesting | 我们认为 |
[21:49] | the state is an extension of the federal government, Your Honor. | 州政府不是联邦政府的延伸 法官阁下 |
[21:52] | We only believe federal powers trump state rights. | 我们只相信联邦权力胜过州权利 |
[21:55] | Just as in the Civil War… | 正如内战时期… |
[21:58] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[22:00] | Can’t you get me another robe? | 不能给我再拿个袍子吗 |
[22:01] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[22:02] | the defense would hate to make a motion in limine here. | 辩方不想被迫提出防止偏见的动议 |
[22:07] | What does a motion in limine | 防止偏见的动议 |
[22:08] | have to do with this? | 跟此案有何关系 |
[22:09] | We will be asking His Honor to rule in limine | 我们请求法官阁下就防止偏见作出判决 |
[22:13] | – if we lose this motion. – Your Honor, | -如果输掉此动议 -法官阁下 |
[22:14] | a motion in limine has nothing to do with this. | 防止偏见的动议与此案毫不相关 |
[22:16] | Only if we use the Younger abstention doctrine. | 除非我们使用杨格避让原则 |
[22:19] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[22:20] | Maybe we should just, uh, recess… | 或许我们该先休庭 |
[22:22] | – I wholeheartedly agree, Your Honor. -No—Your Honor, | -法官阁下我完全同意 -不 法官阁下 |
[22:24] | – this is an issue that needs… – This is a matter | -该问题需要… -此案 |
[22:25] | – that requires serious… – …to be decided now. | -需要… -立刻判决 |
[22:27] | Judge Suzanne Morris | 苏珊娜·莫里斯法官 |
[22:29] | held the defendant in contempt of court. | 判被告藐视法庭罪将其收押 |
[22:31] | – Yes, yes, but the sole reason… – That is her right. | -是 但法官… -那是她的权利 |
[22:32] | …for Judge Suzanne Morris’s action | 苏珊娜·莫里斯作此判决的唯一目的是 |
[22:34] | was to stifle enforcement of federal law. | 阻碍联邦法律的执行 |
[22:37] | Arizona v. U.S. clearly states | 亚利桑那州诉美国一案明确表明 |
[22:40] | immigration enforcement | 联邦政府 |
[22:41] | is the sole province | 唯有移民法的执行上 |
[22:44] | of the federal government. | 有绝对权威 |
[22:51] | That’s it? | 就这些 |
[22:52] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[22:53] | He’s been drawing a lot, I thought. | 我以为他一直画了不少作品 |
[22:54] | Well, has he ever been paid for drawing? | 有人付钱买过他的画吗 |
[22:56] | What does that matter? | 问这个干什么 |
[22:57] | There’s something called an Einstein visa. | 有种签证叫爱因斯坦签证 |
[22:59] | It allows non-citizens to stay in the country indefinitely | 它允许非公民无限期留在国内 |
[23:01] | if they prove some cultural or intellectual worth… | 只要能证明他们在文化或知识方面的价值 |
[23:04] | “Einstein visa”? | “爱因斯坦签证” |
[23:06] | Yeah, that doesn’t sound like Jay. | 这听上去完全不像杰 |
[23:08] | Well, it can apply to any talent, not just science. | 它适用于任何天才 不仅仅是科学方面 |
[23:11] | You just have to have made some significant contribution, | 你必须做出过卓越贡献 |
[23:14] | or been praised by critics. | 或受到评论家们的追捧 |
[23:15] | – Graphic novel critics? – Yeah, I know. | -漫画评论吗 -没错 |
[23:17] | But we need more samples of his art than that. | 但除这些作品外还需要些其它作品 |
[23:21] | You might want to come in here. | 你最好过来一下 |
[23:31] | Is this enough? | 这够了吗 |
[23:34] | It’s a start. | 有苗头了 |
[23:36] | Federalism is a cornerstone | 联邦制是 |
[23:38] | of our legal system. | 我国法律系统的基石 |
[23:39] | And as such, I find that the lower court is within its rights | 因此 我判下级法院有权 |
[23:42] | to hold Mr. Dipersia for contempt, | 以藐视法庭罪收押迪佩西亚先生 |
[23:45] | and that, until such time as he is released, | 并且在他被释放之前 |
[23:47] | the federal government has no superseding claim to him. | 联邦政府对他没有优先处置权 |
[23:51] | Okay. Okay. | 行了 |
[23:53] | So Donald Trump appointed me, | 唐纳德·特朗普任命我为法官 |
[23:56] | and he is with the federal government, | 他是管联邦政府的 |
[23:58] | – so federal rights… – “Powers.” | -因此联邦权利… -“权力” |
[24:00] | Federal powers trump state powers… | 联邦权力胜过州权力… |
[24:03] | – Uh, “Rights.” – Exactly. | -“权利” -没错 |
[24:05] | So I so order, uh, that the court, | 因此本庭宣判 |
[24:08] | the court lower than mine, release this guy… | 比我低级的法庭将此人… |
[24:11] | – Jay Dipersia. – Uh, him… | -杰·迪佩西亚 -他 |
[24:13] | uh, to the ICE people. | 移交移民局处理 |
[24:18] | “Ice people.” | “冷血人” |
[24:26] | Liz. | 莉兹 |
[24:28] | I struck out. | 我那边输了 |
[24:29] | Federal court just issued an order that ICE can take Jay. | 联邦法庭下令移民局有权带走杰 |
[24:32] | Well, this should be interesting, | 这下好玩了 |
[24:33] | because state court just issued an order | 因为州法庭下令 |
[24:35] | that they couldn’t take Jay. | 他们无权带走杰 |
[24:38] | You got to love this country. | 这国家真让人欲罢不能 |
[24:40] | Oh, there they go. | 他们来了 |
[24:46] | Sir, you were talking earlier about the law, | 警官 之前你说到法律 |
[24:48] | about following the law? | 说要遵守法律 |
[24:50] | Yes. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[24:51] | I think we’ll need you in holding. | 拘留所那边要你处理一下 |
[24:53] | Stand down. Cook County, we need you to stand down. | 退下吧 库克县 退下 |
[24:55] | We have a court order, right here. | 我们有法院命令 就在这儿 |
[24:57] | You are to hand over the detainee to us. | 你们要将犯人移交我们处理 |
[24:58] | And that order is contravened | 此命令违反了 |
[25:00] | by the order of Judge Suzanne Morris. | 苏珊娜·莫里斯法官的命令 |
[25:02] | That is a state ruling, this is a federal ruling. | 那是州判决 这是联邦判决 |
[25:04] | Yes, and these are state sheriffs, they don’t take orders from… | 对 但这些是州警官 他们不听命… |
[25:07] | If they don’t, they will have to show cause. | 如果不听 需要他们给出理由 |
[25:08] | No, sir, you will have to show cause. | 不 长官 需要你给出理由 |
[25:11] | Look at this order. | 看看这命令 |
[25:12] | You must hand over the prisoner right now, Sheriff. | 你必须立马移交犯人 警官 |
[25:18] | Nope. | 不 |
[25:19] | I got two orders canceling each other out, | 两个命令相抵消 |
[25:21] | so this prisoner stays right where he is. | 犯人哪也不能去 |
[25:23] | Where is he? | 他人呢 |
[25:24] | What? | 什么 |
[25:25] | Where is he? He’s not here. | 他人呢 他不见了 |
[25:31] | So where am I going? | 这是要去哪 |
[25:33] | Federal court. | 联邦法院 |
[25:34] | You’re needed as a witness. | 需要你作证 |
[25:45] | My order required that he be held in contempt. | 我的命令要求以藐视法庭罪收押他 |
[25:47] | Yes, and he was. But transport received an order | 没错 的确是这样 但运送队收到 |
[25:50] | from Judge Kassovitz’s federal court | 联邦法院卡索维茨法官的命令 |
[25:51] | that he was needed as a witness. | 要求他上法庭作证 |
[25:53] | The only purpose of his testifying | 传唤他作证的唯一目的 |
[25:54] | is to spirit him out of this court’s jurisdiction. | 是将他偷偷带离此法庭的司法管辖区 |
[25:57] | The prison transport is ours, right? | 监狱运送车是我们的 对吧 |
[25:59] | Cook County? Yes, Your Honor. | 库克县的吗 是的 法官阁下 |
[26:00] | Okay, then get me the driver on the phone. | 好的 给司机打电话 |
[26:13] | Hello? | 你好 |
[26:15] | This is Deputy Stromer, Your Honor. | 我是施特罗默副队 法官阁下 |
[26:16] | Did you pick up a prisoner named Jay Dipersia | 你是不是从库克县法院的刑事法庭 |
[26:19] | from the Criminal Division of the Cook County Courthouse? | 接走了一名叫杰·迪佩西亚的犯人 |
[26:22] | Yes, I did, Judge. | 是的 法官 |
[26:23] | What is your present location? | 你现在在哪 |
[26:24] | We’ve just pulled up to the Dirksen Federal Courthouse. | 我们的车刚停在德克森联邦法院门口 |
[26:26] | Okay, I want you to listen to me very carefully, Deputy. | 好的 听清楚我接下来说的 副队 |
[26:29] | You must bring that individual back here, | 你必须现在就将此人带回来 |
[26:32] | – right now, do you understand? – Yes, Judge. | -听明白了吗 -是的 法官 |
[26:34] | -There’s just one problem. – What’s that? | -但有个问题 -怎么了 |
[26:36] | The prisoner’s already been taken from the van. | 犯人已被带下车了 |
[26:38] | Well, stop them! | 快阻止他们 |
[26:44] | they’re bringing him in now. | 他们带他进来了 |
[26:45] | Okay, we’re working on his Einstein visa, | 好的 我们正想办法给他办爱因斯坦签证 |
[26:47] | so keep him on the stand as long as possible. | 尽量让他呆在证人席上 |
[26:50] | Will do. The judge is losing his patience. | 好的 但是法官已经快没耐心了 |
[26:52] | Ugh, God– he can join the club. | 天啊 谁不是呢 |
[26:54] | Please state your name and occupation. | 请说出你的姓名和职业 |
[26:57] | Jay Dipersia, I’m a private investigator. | 杰·迪佩西亚 我是一名私人调查员 |
[26:59] | You picked up Avi Epps from the airport, correct? | 你去机场接艾维·俄普斯了 对吗 |
[27:01] | – I did. – He never made it to court. Why is that? | -是的 -为什么他一直没能来法庭 |
[27:03] | – Objection. Relevance? – Your Honor, | =反对 与本案无关 -法官阁下 |
[27:05] | counsel intended to bring Mr. Epps to testify for the defense. | 对方律师本想请俄普斯先生为被告方作证 |
[27:08] | We’re entitled to know why it didn’t happen. | 我们有权知道证人为何无法出庭 |
[27:10] | Objection’s overruled, the witness can answer. | 反对无效 证人请回答 |
[27:13] | He was arrested. | 他被捕了 |
[27:14] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官阁下 |
[27:17] | That’s it? | 就这些吗 |
[27:20] | Goes to character and credibility, no? | 事关证人人格和可信度 不是吗 |
[27:25] | Mr. Boseman? | 博斯曼先生 |
[27:26] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[27:28] | Mr. Dipersia. | 迪佩西亚先生 |
[27:34] | How long have you been a private investigator | 你在雷&博律所做调查员 |
[27:35] | at Reddick/Boseman? | 多久了 |
[27:38] | Four years. | 四年了 |
[27:40] | Do you enjoy it? | 你喜欢这份工作吗 |
[27:45] | Yeah. Uh… | 是的… |
[27:46] | I recognize him, yeah, he does some cool stuff. | 我认得他 他的画不错 |
[27:49] | It’s, uh, J– uh, Jay… | 他叫…杰… |
[27:50] | – Dipersia. – Yeah. Mm-hmm. | -迪佩西亚 -对 |
[27:52] | I was going through his stuff, and I found a receipt. | 我在整理他的东西 翻到了这张收据 |
[27:54] | I guess he sold something to you? | 我猜你买了他的画 |
[27:55] | Oh, yeah, that’s right, uh, it was some cool stuff that he did. | 是的 他的画确实不错 |
[28:00] | I like to encourage local artists, and, uh, | 我喜欢鼓励本地艺术家 而且 |
[28:03] | it was only $90. | 只要90美元 |
[28:05] | You know, it’s… | 你知道的 |
[28:06] | – Why, do you want to buy it? – Oh, uh, no. | -怎么 你想买吗 -不是 |
[28:08] | N-No, I-I just thought… | 不是 我只是想 |
[28:11] | You have good taste, mr. Costas. | 你的品味不错 科斯塔斯先生 |
[28:15] | Yeah, I mean, I-I guess, uh– it was cool, so… | 是啊 我觉得…他画得不错 |
[28:18] | You sound like an expert. | 你听起来像个专家 |
[28:20] | a qualified appraiser with an acute eye. | 一个眼光独到的专业鉴定家 |
[28:26] | Sure. | 是这样 |
[28:28] | Are you free right now? | 你现在有空吗 |
[28:30] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[28:33] | As I’m sure you’re aware, Your Honor, | 我想您一定清楚 法官阁下 |
[28:34] | in family reunification cases, | 家庭团聚案例中 |
[28:36] | the government frowns on horizontal sponsorship. | 政府不太支持平行赞助 |
[28:38] | ICE only uses the word “Horizontal,” Your Honor, | 移民局用”平行”这个词 法官阁下 |
[28:42] | hoping you will forget it refers to sibling relationships. | 是为了让你忽视它指兄弟姐妹关系 |
[28:45] | As close as two people can get. | 这是两个人能具有的最亲密的关系 |
[28:47] | Your Honor, Mr. Dipersia’s sisters | 法官阁下 迪佩西亚先生的妹妹们 |
[28:49] | were both born right here in the United States. | 都出生在美国 |
[28:52] | – And we would like to… – Actually, I’m Judge Vincent Park. | -所以我们想 -我是文森特·帕克法官 |
[28:55] | Judge Windsor is not available. | 温索尔法官现在不在 |
[28:57] | I’m told it’s trout season up his way, | 他们说他那边到了鳟鱼季节 |
[28:59] | and he left early. | 所以他提前下班了 |
[29:03] | Now, applying for a visa, yes? | 好了 是申请签证的案子 对吧 |
[29:06] | – filing under? – Uh, family reunification. | -根据什么申请 -家庭团聚 |
[29:09] | Mr. Dipersia’s sisters were both born… | 迪佩西亚先生的妹妹们都出生在… |
[29:11] | The fact is, parents are preferred. | 事实上 最好是父母 |
[29:14] | is there any other basis | 你们还能拿出 |
[29:15] | on which you would like him to be considered | 其他的根据 证明他能享有 |
[29:16] | for legal residency? | 合法居住权吗 |
[29:18] | Yes, his artwork. | 有 他的艺术作品 |
[29:21] | Your Honor, that’s ridiculous. | 法官阁下 这太荒谬了 |
[29:22] | Mr. Dipersia is an artist of impressive skill. | 迪佩西亚先生是名技艺高超的艺术家 |
[29:25] | He’s an investigator at a law firm. | 他是一家律所的调查员 |
[29:27] | And he’s also an artist of note, and we intend to prove it. | 他也是知名艺术家 我们能证明 |
[29:31] | With what? | 拿什么证明 |
[29:32] | Actually, the artwork is on its way, Your Honor. | 他的画作就快到了 法官阁下 |
[29:36] | And it is well worth the wait. Oh, boy. | 绝对值得等待 天啊 |
[29:40] | Illinois law requires | 伊州法律规定 |
[29:41] | that Mr. Dipersia be remanded back into state custody. | 迪佩西亚先生应被交回州政府监管 |
[29:43] | Counselor. He’s here in the custody of federal marshals. | 律师 他现在在联邦法警的监管下 |
[29:47] | ICE has a valid arrest warrant. | 移民局有合法逮捕令 |
[29:49] | – My hands are tied. – Your Honor. | -我无能为力 -法官阁下 |
[29:51] | Paper or no paper, | 不管有没有逮捕令 |
[29:52] | you remand him back into federal custody, | 只要你把他遣回联邦监管 |
[29:55] | they will deport him. | 他就会被驱逐出境 |
[29:56] | I have no control of that. | 我无权管理 |
[29:58] | My responsibility and my authority are here, | 我在这个法庭上有责任与权力 |
[30:01] | from that wall to that wall. | 从这到那 |
[30:02] | They’re rounding people up, Your Honor, | 他们在围捕人们 法官阁下 |
[30:05] | all over this country. | 全国上下皆如此 |
[30:07] | Rounding people up | 把人们围捕起来 |
[30:09] | and putting them into camps, | 让人们聚集在拘留营里 |
[30:11] | in 2018. | 在2018年 |
[30:13] | I can’t be the only one who sees the irony here. | 不可能仅我一人看到其中的讽刺 |
[30:15] | Mr. Boseman, | 博斯曼先生 |
[30:16] | I don’t administer justice based on irony. | 我不是根据讽刺来伸张正义 |
[30:19] | I follow the law. | 而是根据法律 |
[30:21] | The witness is dismissed. | 证人可以退庭了 |
[30:41] | Your Honor, in support of our application | 法官阁下 为支持我们申请 |
[30:43] | for an EB-1 visa, we present evidence | EB-1签证 我们特此提供证据 |
[30:46] | of Mr. Dipersia’s artistic talent. | 证明迪佩西亚先生的艺术天分 |
[30:48] | Your Honor, the EB-1 visa, | 法官阁下 EB-1签证 |
[30:50] | colloquially known as the Einstein visa, | 俗称爱因斯坦签证 |
[30:53] | is reserved for great talent and significant contributions. | 是留给出色的人才和具有杰出贡献的人的 |
[30:58] | A nuclear scientist, | 核科学家 |
[31:00] | a clarinetist playing with Yo-Yo Ma, | 和马友友同台演出的单簧管手 |
[31:04] | a cancer researcher. | 癌症研究专家 |
[31:05] | These are the people deserving of an Einstein visa, | 这些人才值得拿爱因斯坦签证 |
[31:08] | not a cartoonist. | 而不是一个漫画家 |
[31:08] | Goya drew cartoons, Your Honor. | 戈雅也画漫画 法官阁下 |
[31:11] | In recent times, Keith Haring drew cartoons on subway walls. | 说近一点的 凯斯·哈林在地铁墙上画漫画 |
[31:15] | His work now commands six and seven figures. | 他的画作如今值六位数 甚至七位数 |
[31:18] | But rather than have us pretend to be an expert, | 但我们不假装自己是专家 |
[31:21] | we have a highly credentialed art dealer | 我们请了一位获得高度评价的艺术商 |
[31:24] | who is very familiar with Mr. Dipersia’s work | 他非常熟悉迪佩西亚先生的作品 |
[31:26] | and is prepared to give his assessment. | 已经准备好做出评价 |
[31:29] | Okay. Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[32:05] | – Where’s the art expert? – Maia’s bringing him. | -艺术专家在哪 -玛娅正带他过来 |
[32:07] | Okay. What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[32:09] | Microtargeting Judge Park. | 微定向一下帕克法官 |
[32:10] | Guess what the good judge likes? Lions. | 猜猜这个法官喜欢什么 狮子 |
[32:12] | I… think this is something | 我认为这种事 |
[32:14] | that I probably shouldn’t know anything about. | 我应该还是不知道的好 |
[32:16] | Probably for the best. | 说得对 |
[32:18] | Oh, but what sounds better, “First exhibit” or “First show”? | 哪个听着比较好 “首展”还是”首秀” |
[32:22] | Show. | 秀 |
[32:28] | You seem calm. | 你看着挺镇定的 |
[32:30] | Why is that? | 怎么做到的 |
[32:31] | I have no choice. | 别无选择 |
[32:33] | That’s not true. | 骗人 |
[32:35] | You can, uh, panic. You can scream. | 你可以惊慌 可以大叫 |
[32:39] | You can throw something. | 你可以扔东西 |
[32:41] | Yeah. To what end? | 能达到什么目的呢 |
[32:44] | Breaking something. | 弄碎点东西 |
[32:49] | The world has gone insane, Liz. | 这个世界已经疯掉了 莉兹 |
[32:52] | The news is satire. It’s not real. | 新闻都是讽刺文学 不是真的 |
[32:56] | The people blowing up grizzly bears | 向民众施暴者 |
[32:59] | have been put in charge of grizzly bears. | 却正是执政者 |
[33:03] | So I’ve decided the only way to stay sane | 所以我决定唯一让自己保持理智的方式 |
[33:05] | is to focus on my little corner of it. | 就是守住自己的小天地 |
[33:09] | My firm, the people in it. | 守住我的律所 我的员工 |
[33:14] | If I make my little corner of the world sane, | 只要我让自己的小天地正常运转 |
[33:16] | then I won’t let the insanity win. | 我就不会让疯狂占据上风 |
[33:22] | That’s what I’ve learned. | 这就是我的心得 |
[33:25] | It’s one thing to know it. | 知是一回事 |
[33:27] | It’s another thing to do it. | 行又是另一回事了 |
[33:29] | True. | 确实 |
[33:30] | But I have to start somewhere. | 但我终归是要开始行动的 |
[33:32] | Why not today? Why not with Jay? | 何不从今天开始 何不从杰开始 |
[33:37] | Diane, Liz. This is Kevin. | 戴安 莉兹 这是凯文 |
[33:42] | Bonjour. | 你好 |
[33:46] | Here, um, try these. | 戴上试试 |
[33:49] | Neat! | 太好了 |
[33:53] | Now, you collect comic book art, Mr. Costas? | 你收藏连环画艺术作品 科斯塔斯先生 |
[33:57] | Yes, and graphic novels. | 是的 还收藏漫画小说 |
[34:04] | Yes, now having reviewed Mr. Dipersia’s work, | 看过迪佩西亚先生的作品 |
[34:07] | what is your professional opinion of his art? | 你有何专业意见 |
[34:12] | Too often, this genre leans | 通常这种流派的作品 |
[34:15] | on derivative tropes, but these, | 都缺乏独创性 但是这些 |
[34:18] | these are exceptional. | 是罕见的上品 |
[34:20] | With his puppet-like minimalism, | 迪佩西亚先生类似玩偶的极简派艺术 |
[34:23] | Mr. Dipersia’s studied melancholy | 他对于忧郁的研究 |
[34:27] | is nothing short of “Genius in the rough.” | 绝不是怀才不遇那么简单 |
[34:34] | And, uh, | 而且 |
[34:35] | in fact, uh, haven’t you purchased | 事实上 你本人是不是 |
[34:39] | a few of Mr. Dipersia’s pieces? | 也入手了几件迪佩西亚先生的作品 |
[34:43] | Yes… | 是的 |
[34:44] | Yes. Yes. | 对 买了 |
[34:47] | the earlier works mostly. | 大多数都是早期作品 |
[34:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:50] | – You’re welcome. – Thank you. | -不客气 -谢谢 |
[34:52] | Mr. Costas, is it your position | 科斯塔斯先生 你会把这些作品 |
[34:53] | that these works rise to the level of a Picasso or a Monet? | 和毕加索或者莫奈的作品相提并论吗 |
[34:57] | Have you ever– | 你听说 |
[34:58] | Have you, have you ever heard of Bill Finger | 你听说过比尔·芬格 |
[35:02] | – or Bob Kane? – No. | -或者鲍勃·凯恩吗 -没有 |
[35:04] | They created Batman. | 他们创作了《蝙蝠侠》 |
[35:07] | Those books sold for a dime a piece. | 当时那些书卖价只有十美分 |
[35:09] | Now some of them are worth upwards of $1 million. | 而现在有些书的价值超过了一百万 |
[35:14] | This looks like a cartoon lion you’d see | 这幅看上去就像早间儿童节目里的 |
[35:17] | on a morning kids’ show. | 动画狮子 |
[35:18] | That is actually one of my favorites. | 其实这幅倒是我最喜欢的 |
[35:20] | Could you hand that to me, please? | 能递给我一下吗 |
[35:21] | Yes, I can. | 当然 |
[35:27] | It’s hard to explain, | 难以言表 |
[35:28] | but I’m drawn to this one. | 但是这幅画深深地吸引了我 |
[35:31] | It’s-it’s hypnotic, isn’t it? | 很令人沉迷 对不对 |
[35:33] | Especially the hair. | 尤其是头发 |
[35:35] | You know? You can almost hear | 让你几乎能够听得到 |
[35:37] | the-the roar of the lion. | 狮子的吼叫 |
[35:43] | Your Honor, may I remind the court that the respondent is | 法官阁下 请允许我提示本庭 |
[35:45] | currently under arrest for contempt of court… | 被告目前因藐视法庭而被收押… |
[35:47] | That criminal contempt charge has been vacated, Your Honor. | 该项藐视指控已撤销 法官阁下 |
[35:50] | Well, in my professional career, | 在我的职业生涯中 |
[35:51] | my office has only been involved in one EB-1 Einstein visa. | 我局只签发过一次爱因斯坦签证 |
[35:55] | They’re very rare. | 这种情况很罕见 |
[35:55] | And one lion cartoon doesn’t really rate. Your Honor, | 而且一个狮子漫画实在名不副实 法官阁下 |
[35:58] | Mr. Basehart has mentioned | 贝斯哈特先生提到了 |
[36:00] | many nuclear scientists and researchers | 许多得到爱因斯坦签证的 |
[36:03] | who have been offered the Einstein visa, | 核科学家及研究员 |
[36:05] | but he has not mentioned a more recent recipient, | 但是他没有提到近来的一位获得者 |
[36:10] | Melania Trump. | 梅拉尼娅·特朗普 |
[36:11] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[36:13] | Oh, it’s odd that Mr. Basehart should object, | 我认为贝斯哈特先生的反对很奇怪 |
[36:16] | since he supported the issuance of an Einstein visa | 因为他赞成给第一夫人发放爱因斯坦签证 |
[36:20] | to the First Lady based on this photo and her, | 依据就是这张照片 |
[36:24] | uh, modeling career. | 及其模特生涯 |
[36:25] | Now, why does she deserve an Einstein visa and not… | 为什么她可以获得爱因斯坦签证 而… |
[36:34] | this… | 这位… |
[36:37] | accomplished artist? | 有才华的艺术家却不行呢 |
[36:55] | Nice work. | 干得漂亮 |
[36:56] | Thank you. For what? | 谢谢 你指的是哪个 |
[36:58] | Your stall gets your investigator his visa, | 你的拖延计策虽然给你们调查员办好了签证 |
[37:00] | but this firm just made itself a new enemy. | 但这个律所却树了一个新敌 |
[37:04] | – Who? You? – Not just. | -谁 你吗 -不止 |
[37:06] | You may have a win today. | 虽然你们今天赢了 |
[37:09] | Enjoy it, but it’s not going to last. | 偷着乐吧 但是好事长久不了 |
[37:12] | Tomorrow’s a new day, and we’re coming for you. | 明天又是新的一天 我们盯上你们了 |
[37:16] | Or anybody out there. | 或者外面的某个人 |
[37:18] | Or all of them. | 或者所有人 |
[37:20] | Maybe you haven’t heard, one of our partners was shot. | 也许你没听说 我们的一个合伙人中枪了 |
[37:24] | You’re gonna have a hard time beating that. | 你很难找到其他事比这更难熬过去的 |
[37:26] | Not really. He recovered, didn’t he? | 不见得 他不是康复了吗 |
[37:31] | Keep your eyes open. | 打起精神 |
[37:32] | It’s coming. | 开战了 |