时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | So, this is global warming? | 这就是温室效应的后果吗 |
[00:20] | I think it’s just Chicago. | 我觉得芝加哥天气就这样 |
[00:22] | We should move to San Diego. | 我们应该搬到圣地亚哥去 |
[00:29] | Doesn’t look good. | 看来不妙 |
[00:32] | She’ll be fine. | 她不会有事的 |
[00:36] | And what is the current disposition of the drug charges? | 你涉毒被起诉的事目前到哪一个阶段了 |
[00:39] | Under review. | 审查中 |
[00:40] | Forgive me, Maia, | 抱歉 玛娅 |
[00:41] | but as managing partner, I have to ask this. | 作为管理合伙人 我必须问一句 |
[00:45] | Do you have a drug problem? | 你有药瘾吗 |
[00:46] | No. God, no. | 没有 天呐 没有 |
[00:48] | The drugs were foisted upon me by Roland Blum. | 那些药是罗兰·布鲁姆强塞给我的 |
[00:51] | And these were the drugs the police found in your car? | 就是警察在你车里找到的那些药吗 |
[00:53] | Yes. | 对 |
[00:54] | Foisted, but not planted? | 强塞给你的 不是栽赃吗 |
[00:57] | So, if you weren’t using yourself, | 如果你自己没嗑药 |
[00:59] | why’d you allow him to foist anything on you? | 为什么你会接受他塞来的东西 |
[01:03] | I don’t know how much experience you’ve had with Roland Blum. | 我不知道你有没有和罗兰·布鲁姆共事的经历 |
[01:05] | The, uh, the standard playbook goes out the window. | 他完全不照常理出牌 |
[01:09] | Does that extend to throwing a computer | 那包括把一台电脑 |
[01:11] | through a glass wall? | 向玻璃墙丢过去吗 |
[01:12] | Admittedly, we’ve all lost our temper on occasion. | 不可否认 我们都有失去理智的时候 |
[01:15] | I didn’t lose my temper. | 我没有失去理智 |
[01:17] | Blum thought that he could intimidate me, | 布鲁姆觉得他能吓到我 |
[01:19] | and I had to let him know that I wasn’t intimidated. | 我要让他知道我没被吓到 |
[01:22] | There may be better ways of doing that. | 或许还有更好的方式来表明这一点 |
[01:23] | There are. And I apologize. | 没错 对此我很抱歉 |
[01:26] | I’ve agreed to pay for both the computers | 我愿意赔付两台电脑 |
[01:28] | and for the glass, and I promise, | 和玻璃的维修费用 还有 我保证 |
[01:32] | this will never happen again. | 这绝对不会有第二次 |
[01:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:36] | Thank you, Maia. | 谢谢你 玛娅 |
[01:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:42] | So, what do we think? | 大家怎么觉得 |
[01:45] | Fire her. | 炒了她 |
[01:46] | No, no. What? | 不 什么 |
[01:47] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[01:48] | We fired Alan North | 我们上个月炒了亚纶·诺斯 |
[01:49] | last month for the identical drug charge. | 和这一样的指控 |
[01:51] | Not identical. He was using. | 那不一样 他真的嗑药 |
[01:53] | That was never proved. | 这也没有被证实 |
[01:54] | This is just holding, and Maia’s never had | 这只是持有 而且玛娅 |
[01:57] | any other issues. | 从没惹过其他麻烦 |
[01:57] | Actually, that’s not true. | 不对吧 |
[01:59] | She was arrested two years ago. | 她两年前被捕过 |
[02:00] | For her father’s crimes. | 那是她父亲犯的事 |
[02:02] | But then she was found not guilty. | 但她被证实无罪了 |
[02:03] | But don’t we have to be consistent? | 我们难道不该一视同仁吗 |
[02:06] | I argued against firing Alan North | 亚纶·诺斯被捕后 |
[02:09] | for his drug arrest, but I was overruled | 我力争留下他 但被驳回了 |
[02:12] | because we agreed there’s zero tolerance. | 因为我们都认同 对这样的事不能姑息 |
[02:14] | Zero tolerance for using, not for… | 对嗑药不能姑息 而不是… |
[02:16] | I don’t think we ever agreed on that distinction. | 我们可没说过这有什么区别 |
[02:18] | It’s a huge distinction. | 这区别大了 |
[02:21] | Wait. Wait. | 等等 |
[02:22] | Wait. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. Wait. | 等等 都停下 |
[02:25] | We will review all the evidence against Maia | 我们会将所有针对玛娅的证据都检查一遍 |
[02:27] | and then consider suspending her for a week. | 然后考虑一下是否将她停职查看一周 |
[02:29] | So we’re just gonna let this slide? | 我们就放任这事过去了吗 |
[02:31] | – We’re not gonna let it slide. – We’re not letting it slide. | -没有 -我们没有放任不管 |
[02:33] | – I know how this works. – Just saying due diligence. | -我知道套路 -只是调查清楚再决定 |
[02:35] | We kick it down the road | 我们随随便便将它搁置一旁 |
[02:37] | so we can bury it. | 把事情遮掩过去 |
[02:37] | No. | 不会 |
[02:39] | We will come back in four days, and we will vote. | 我们四天后来投票 |
[02:42] | Everybody will be heard. | 每个人都能发表自己的观点 |
[02:44] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[02:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:47] | So, you coming with me? | 你要和我来吗 |
[02:48] | – To tell Maia? – No, to the noon meeting. | -去告诉玛娅吗 -不 午会 |
[02:51] | Oh, your leftie rebellion? | 你的左派谋反团体吗 |
[02:54] | Trust me, Liz, you’ll be impressed. | 相信我 莉兹 它很令人印象深刻 |
[02:57] | I-I’ve had my fill of left-wing anger. | 我这边的左翼怒火都已经够多的了 |
[02:59] | Yeah, well, this is different. | 但这不一样 |
[03:03] | All right, let me think about it. | 好吧 我会考虑的 |
[03:13] | Should I close the door? | 我要关门吗 |
[03:19] | Am I fucked? | 我完蛋了吗 |
[03:21] | Wow, Maia. All grown up. | 玛娅 你可真是长大了 |
[03:23] | No, you are not fucked. | 不 你没有完蛋 |
[03:25] | Boseman is doing the bare minimum to discard of this. | 博斯曼在用最低标准想把这事压下去 |
[03:28] | Drug test and a standard investigation. | 药检和常规调查 |
[03:31] | – A drug test? – Yeah. Standard. | -药检 -对 常规检查 |
[03:33] | But you have the votes, so don’t worry. | 但你票数占优 别担心 |
[03:36] | Things will be back to normal in four days. | 四天后事情就恢复正常了 |
[03:41] | I’m so sorry about all of this, Diane. | 我很抱歉 戴安 |
[03:43] | No, no, no. You should’ve had some supervision with Blum. | 不 在布鲁姆的事上 本应有人督导你 |
[03:46] | That was my mistake. | 那是我的错 |
[03:48] | Well, it was an education. | 也是教训了 |
[03:52] | That’s an odd couple. | 这组合可真罕见 |
[03:53] | I know. They’ve been spending a lot of time together. | 我也觉得 他们最近老在一起 |
[03:56] | I think Julius is helping her out with some legal issue. | 我觉得朱利叶斯在帮她解决一些法律问题 |
[03:59] | No, don’t walk back your pro-life argument. | 不要撤回你的反堕胎观点 |
[04:01] | That’s why they want you for a federal judgeship. | 这就是为什么他们想让你做联邦法官 |
[04:03] | You don’t think it’s too controversial? | 你不觉得这个话题太有争议性了吗 |
[04:05] | It’s controversial here because everybody’s pro-choice, | 在律所有争议是因为每个人都支持堕胎合法 |
[04:08] | but you’re at the Historical Law Society. | 但那儿是历史律师协会 |
[04:10] | They’re like the Federalist Society Version Two. | 那可是新版联邦主义者协会 |
[04:12] | They want true believers. | 他们想要真正的信仰者 |
[04:13] | So I should just bring it up, abortion? | 那我应该主动提及堕胎吗 |
[04:16] | No, you bring up your biography. | 不 你要谈你自己的经历 |
[04:18] | The dog whistles. You have 12 kids. | 要做到话中有话 说你有12个孩子 |
[04:21] | – Six. – Whatever. And you’re Catholic, | -六个 -管他呢 你还是天主教徒 |
[04:23] | and you live that whole philosophy. | 你就是基于那一套理论生活的 |
[04:25] | What’s that mean? | 这又是什么意思 |
[04:26] | Mass once a week and a disabled son. | 每周弥撒 有个残疾的儿子 |
[04:29] | Seriously? I should just bring that up? | 真的吗 我应该谈这些吗 |
[04:31] | Are you kidding me? They’ll eat that up. | 你在开玩笑吗 他们很吃这一套 |
[04:33] | Julius, this is Stockholm syndrome here. | 朱利叶斯 你这是斯德哥尔摩了 |
[04:36] | You’ve been here with liberals so long | 你在自由党人身旁待太久了 |
[04:38] | you don’t know what you should be humblebragging about. | 你已经不知道该谦虚自夸些什么了 |
[04:39] | Aren’t you one of those liberals? | 你不是自由党的一员吗 |
[04:41] | Sure. But my dad poisoned me. | 对 但我被我爸毒害了 |
[04:43] | He made politics chess, | 他把政治当一盘棋下 |
[04:44] | so it was more important to win than to make life better. | 输赢比让生活变好更重要 |
[04:49] | You’re a funny bird. | 你真有意思 |
[04:50] | Let’s start again. | 我们再来一次 |
[04:52] | When they ask you about your family, what do you say? | 他们问你家庭的时候 你该怎么回答 |
[04:54] | Well, as the father of six children, | 作为六个孩子的父亲 |
[04:56] | one of them with muscular dystrophy, | 其中一个还肌肉萎缩 |
[04:59] | I’m well aware of the problems of family, | 我十分清楚家庭的难题 |
[05:01] | and that’s one of the reasons I supported Donald Trump. | 这便是我支持唐纳德·特朗普的原因之一 |
[05:05] | Trump is down in the suburbs, | 特朗普在郊区的支持率有点下降 |
[05:06] | but his evangelical, rural support is strong | 但是农村地区的福音派信徒很支持他 |
[05:09] | and unlikely to decrease given his court appointments | 鉴于他对法官的任命以及对右翼媒体的掌控 |
[05:11] | and grip on the right-wing media. | 这个支持率不大可能下降 |
[05:14] | If you turn to chart three, | 如果翻到图表三 |
[05:15] | you’ll see that looking ahead to 2020, | 就能明白为了2020年未雨绸缪 |
[05:17] | we need to change our focus. | 我们需要转移注意力 |
[05:19] | Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin. | 密歇根 宾夕法尼亚 威斯康辛 |
[05:25] | Trump won the 2016 election | 特朗普赢得了2016年的大选 |
[05:27] | because of these… | 就是因为这三个州的… |
[05:29] | 79,646 votes. | 79646票 |
[05:33] | That’s all it took to get him the 46 electoral votes | 就是这些让他得了46张选举人票 |
[05:36] | that put him in the White House. | 把他送进了白宫 |
[05:37] | He lost the popular vote by almost three million. | 虽然大众选票他几乎落后三百万 |
[05:40] | So shouldn’t we, in fact, change Valerie’s goal? | 事实上 我们应该直接改变瓦莱丽的目标 |
[05:42] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:44] | Well, she challenged us to find a way | 她强烈建议我们 |
[05:48] | to shave nine points off of Trump’s approval rating. | 把特朗普的支持率抹杀掉九个点 |
[05:51] | But isn’t that too broad? | 但这太笼统了吧 |
[05:53] | Shouldn’t we just focus on these needed votes? | 我们应该更关注这些被需要的选票上 |
[05:56] | Should we check with Valerie first? | 我们要不要跟瓦莱丽先汇报一下 |
[06:00] | She left it to us. | 她让我们自己解决 |
[06:01] | So, let’s do it. | 那就动手吧 |
[06:02] | Can I make a suggestion? | 我能提个建议吗 |
[06:03] | Go for it. | 请讲 |
[06:04] | Isabella Burns. | 我叫伊莎贝拉·伯恩斯 |
[06:05] | I’m working with social media innovators, | 我和社交媒体创新者致力于 |
[06:07] | trying to follow tastes across the country. | 追踪全国网民的兴趣口味 |
[06:10] | And if you want to sway 79,000 votes | 如果想要影响密歇根 威斯康辛 |
[06:12] | in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, | 和宾夕法尼亚的七万九千张选票 |
[06:16] | you need to swiftboat a pop star. | 那就要用一个流行歌手打击对手 |
[06:18] | Swiftboat? | 怎么说 |
[06:19] | As in Taylor Swift. She came out for a candidate, | 比如泰勒·斯威夫特 她为一个候选人背书 |
[06:23] | and within 24 hours, | 结果不到24小时 |
[06:24] | 65,000 new young voters registered. | 就有六万五千名年轻选民注册了 |
[06:27] | By Election Day, there were half a million new voters. | 到了大选当天 已经有五十万新选民了 |
[06:30] | So we need an influencer who matters in these three states. | 所以我们需要一个在这三个州有影响力的人 |
[06:33] | And who might that be? | 那会是谁呢 |
[06:35] | We also need an influencer | 我们还需要一个 |
[06:37] | we can influence. | 我们能影响的影响者 |
[06:39] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[06:46] | Sounds like you already have somebody in mind? | 似乎你们想到了合适的人选 |
[06:49] | Well, yes. | 是的 |
[06:51] | One of your clients. | 你们的一个客户 |
[06:53] | The country star, | 一个乡村歌手明星 |
[06:54] | Sabrina Wynne. | 萨布丽娜·韦恩 |
[06:56] | Her Q score is 56 or better in these three states. | 在这三个州 她的Q分值均高于56 |
[06:56] | 认识她的民众里至少有56%的人 认为她是他们最喜欢明星 | |
[06:59] | Especially among 18 to 32-year-olds. | 尤其是18到32岁的人 |
[07:03] | So you all discussed this before we got here? | 所以我们到这之前你们就讨论过了 |
[07:05] | We went through our client lists. You won. | 我们查遍了客户名单 你赢了 |
[07:15] | It’s my day off. This better be good. | 我今天休息 最好是重要的事 |
[07:17] | I’m sorry. Do you have a moment? | 抱歉 你有空吗 |
[07:19] | I need some advice. | 我需要点建议 |
[07:20] | How did the disciplinary hearing go? | 纪律听证会顺利吗 |
[07:21] | Good, I think. | 还行 我觉得 |
[07:22] | I mean, they want to give me a drug test. | 他们想让我做药检 |
[07:24] | I’ve-I’ve never done one before. | 我之前从没做过 |
[07:26] | Do I have to worry about a false positive? | 我需要担心假阳性的情况吗 |
[07:29] | You know, from, like, a-a lemon poppy seed muffin? | 比如 吃过柠檬罂粟籽松饼之类的 |
[07:33] | No. Poppy seeds are in such low quantities, | 不 罂粟籽的含量很低 |
[07:35] | it won’t matter. Everything should be fine. | 测不出来 不会有事的 |
[07:38] | Just don’t get arrested again. | 别再被逮捕就行了 |
[07:39] | But for how long does a, uh, | 但是罂粟籽之类的 |
[07:42] | drug test flag something like poppy seeds | 在体内多长时间能被药检 |
[07:44] | in your system? | 查出来 |
[07:45] | A week at the most. | 最多一周 |
[07:47] | You know, they found drugs in your car, Maia. | 他们在你车里发现的药 玛娅 |
[07:49] | It’s not like you did drugs. | 你又不是嗑药了 |
[07:50] | I’m so relieved. | 那我就放心了 |
[07:51] | I feel like I want to get blackout drunk. | 我觉得我需要喝个断片 |
[07:53] | I need a drink, too. | 我也想喝一杯 |
[07:54] | We just came from a “Mommy and me” class. | 我刚上完亲子课 |
[07:56] | – Oh, God. – Yeah, we had to clap and sing | -天啊 -我们得拍手唱歌 |
[07:58] | and shake tambourines. | 还得摇小手鼓 |
[08:00] | I thought my day was bad. | 我以为我今天就够惨了 |
[08:02] | Baby shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo | 鲨鱼宝宝 嘟嘟嘟 嘟嘟嘟 |
[08:04] | Baby shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo | 鲨鱼宝宝 嘟嘟 嘟嘟 嘟嘟 |
[08:06] | Baby shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo | 鲨鱼宝宝 嘟嘟 嘟嘟 嘟嘟 |
[08:09] | Baby shark… | 鲨鱼宝宝… |
[08:09] | Okay, I’m gonna go now. | 好了 我要挂了 |
[08:10] | No, wait, there’s 12 verses. | 不行 等等 这歌有12小节 |
[08:11] | Mommy shark, doo, doo | 鲨鱼妈妈 嘟嘟 |
[08:13] | – Doo, doo, Daddy… – Good to talk. | -嘟嘟 鲨鱼… -通话很开心 |
[08:17] | Shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo | 爸爸 嘟嘟 嘟嘟 嘟嘟 |
[08:19] | Mommy shark. | 鲨鱼妈妈 |
[08:21] | Are you there? | 你在吗 |
[08:24] | Are you wishing | 你是希望 |
[08:25] | somebody would pay attention to you? | 有人能关心一下你吗 |
[08:29] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[08:29] | She’s off the phone now. | 她已经挂电话了 |
[08:34] | It’s cold outside. | 外面这么冷 |
[08:35] | You should put a scarf around him. | 你应该给他戴个围巾 |
[08:37] | He doesn’t like scarves. | 他不喜欢围巾 |
[08:38] | Did he tell you that? | 他告诉你的吗 |
[08:40] | When you get home, | 你到家之后 |
[08:41] | you should give him Tylenol right away | 立刻给他吃泰勒诺 |
[08:42] | so he doesn’t get a cold. | 他就不会感冒了 |
[08:43] | Yeah, that’s not how Tylenol works. | 泰勒诺不是那么用的 |
[08:46] | I’m guessing that you haven’t been a nanny for very long. | 我估计你才刚开始当保姆吧 |
[08:51] | I found him at Whole Foods near the bulk peanuts. | 我在全食超市里的花生架旁边捡到他的 |
[08:56] | I like peanuts. | 我喜欢花生 |
[08:58] | Is that a joke? | 你是开玩笑吗 |
[09:01] | Okay, strange baby. | 好了 陌生宝宝 |
[09:02] | Let’s go. Time to sell you on eBay. | 咱们走 是时候把你挂易趣上卖了 |
[09:10] | Do you know who that woman was? | 你们认识那个女人吗 |
[09:12] | No. | 不认识 |
[09:14] | Did she come here with that baby? | 她来的时候带那个宝宝了吗 |
[09:16] | Yes. Look, I-I’m not sure what I’m dealing with here, | 我也不确定是什么情况 |
[09:19] | but it’s a woman who says she isn’t the nanny, | 但是有个女的说自己不是保姆 |
[09:21] | but she’s African-American, and the baby is white. | 但她是非裔美国人 宝宝是白的 |
[09:23] | Now, this is not racist. I’m just concerned be… | 我不是种族歧视 我就是担心… |
[09:26] | Oh, sh-she’s looking at me right now. | 她正盯着我看 |
[09:28] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[09:29] | She said something about drugs, | 她提到了毒品之类的 |
[09:30] | about how her friend has drugs | 她朋友在自己的车里 |
[09:31] | in her car, and I just… I always told myself | 藏毒 我…我一直告诫自己 |
[09:33] | it’s always better to be safe than sorry. | 谨慎一些总好过留有遗憾 |
[09:35] | – Are you fucking kidding me? – Uh, she’s about 30 years old, | -妈的搞笑吧 -她大概三十岁 |
[09:37] | dressed in baggy clothes, fancy sneakers. Oh, and she told me | 衣着宽松 高档运动鞋 她还跟我说 |
[09:39] | she found the baby at a Whole Foods. Thank you. | 那宝宝是她在全食超市捡的 谢谢 |
[09:42] | Excuse me, I think you should wait | 不好意思 我觉得你应该 |
[09:43] | until the police come. | 等警察来 |
[09:44] | Ma’am, you need to get a fucking grip. | 女士 你他妈的得控制下你自己 |
[09:46] | Okay, don’t swear. | 好了 别骂人 |
[09:47] | I have your license number, | 我有你的车牌号 |
[09:48] | and I gave the police your description. | 我已经跟警察描述过你了 |
[09:50] | Jesus. | 我的天啊 |
[09:51] | You are not leaving with this baby. | 你不能带走这个宝宝 |
[09:53] | With my baby? Yes, I fucking am. | 带走我自己的宝宝 我他妈当然可以 |
[09:54] | He’s not your baby. | 他不是你的宝宝 |
[09:55] | Don’t! Get your hands off my stroller. | 别动 别碰我的婴儿车 |
[09:57] | Okay, help! | 来人啊 |
[09:58] | Lady… | 女士… |
[09:58] | She’s trying to take a baby! | 她想要带走这个宝宝 |
[10:00] | Stop. If you don’t get the fuck away from my car, | 停下 如果你不离我的车远点 |
[10:02] | – Can you stop? – I’m gonna take you down… | -你能不能停下 -我就要动手了… |
[10:03] | Help! | 来人啊 |
[10:04] | Put him down. | 把他放下 |
[10:05] | Help me! | 帮帮我 |
[10:07] | Great. Great. Here we go. | 好极了 警察来了 |
[11:55] | I’ve known quite a few judges | 两个党派的法官 |
[11:56] | on both sides of the aisle. | 我都认识几位 |
[11:58] | I understand how important your work is, | 我明白你们的工作有多重要 |
[12:02] | how important it is to stop the trend | 制止自由派法官 |
[12:04] | of liberal judges legislating from the bench. | 在法官席上立法这一趋势有多么重要 |
[12:07] | I’ve been a congregant at Holy Conception | 我成为神念教区的教徒 |
[12:10] | for 20 years now. | 至今已经20年了 |
[12:13] | My kids, too. Uh, six kids. | 我的孩子也是 六个孩子 |
[12:15] | And when I’m refereeing at one of our soccer games, | 我在足球比赛中当裁判时 |
[12:19] | I call fouls. | 我喊犯规 |
[12:21] | I don’t score goals. | 而不是射门 |
[12:23] | Julius, you’ve spent years now at a liberal law firm | 朱利叶斯 你在一家自由派律所工作了几年 |
[12:26] | responsible for some of the most damaging | 专门负责国内对我们最有害的 |
[12:28] | police brutality lawsuits in the country. | 警察暴力执法诉讼 |
[12:31] | How is that consistent with your beliefs? | 这与你的信仰如何一致 |
[12:33] | The fact that I’ve worked closely with liberals | 在工作上我与自由党人密切合作 |
[12:35] | without compromising my personal principles | 但在个人原则上我绝不妥协 |
[12:38] | tells you how committed I am to my conservative beliefs. | 由此可知我对自己的保守主义信仰多么坚定 |
[12:42] | Fantastic job. | 表现不错 |
[12:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:44] | So, one thing. | 只有一个问题 |
[12:45] | We gave you five resumes for consultants. | 我们给你提供了五位顾问的简历 |
[12:47] | You didn’t like them? | 你都不满意吗 |
[12:48] | No, no, no, they were great. | 不 他们都很棒 |
[12:50] | Some of them were… expensive. | 其中几位… 薪水有点贵 |
[12:54] | Yeah. I should’ve warned you. | 没错 我应该提醒你一下 |
[12:56] | We can try to funnel you some PAC money. | 我们可以试着为你筹集一些竞选资金 |
[12:57] | No, no, no, I’m good. | 不 我没事 |
[13:00] | You’re a wonderful candidate, Julius, | 你是位优秀的候选人 朱利叶斯 |
[13:02] | so I hope you take this in the right spirit. | 我希望你能以正确的态度对待 |
[13:05] | You won’t make it with Eli Gold’s daughter as your advisor. | 你让伊莱·戈德的女儿当顾问是没有胜算的 |
[13:11] | Well, she doesn’t affect my beliefs. | 她没有影响我的信仰 |
[13:13] | Her father’s an assassin for the other side. | 她的父亲是帮民主党做杀手的 |
[13:15] | But she isn’t. Well, she’s guaranteed to talk to him. | 但她不是 但她跟他肯定少不了交流 |
[13:19] | I’m sorry, Julius, but you need to let her go. | 很抱歉 朱利叶斯 你得解雇她 |
[13:23] | And if I don’t? | 如果我不呢 |
[13:25] | Well, our biggest fear is putting someone on the court | 我们最担心的就是 任命一个法官 |
[13:28] | and having them flip on us, so… | 最后他却与我们对着干 所以… |
[13:30] | this is not a small thing. | 这可不是个小问题 |
[13:33] | Think about it. Let us know. | 好好考虑一下 告诉我们 |
[13:43] | You crushed it. What did Brock say? | 好样的 布洛克说了什么 |
[13:46] | Uh, what? Just now? | 什么 刚刚吗 |
[13:47] | Yeah. When he pulled you aside. | 是啊 他把你拉到一旁 |
[13:49] | Is it a done deal? | 是不是搞定了 |
[13:50] | He didn’t say anything. | 他什么也没说 |
[13:52] | They just need a couple of days to think about it. | 他们需要几天来考虑一下 |
[13:54] | Right. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[14:09] | 匿名邮件 愚蠢的婊子 你们越来越无法无天了 | |
[14:13] | 匿名邮件 你可真行 “黑人育儿” | |
[14:21] | – Hey. Can we talk a minute? – Hey. | -我们能聊聊吗 -嘿 |
[14:23] | Yeah. Yeah, what’s up? | 当然 怎么了 |
[14:26] | So, I’ve been searching online, but, um, | 我一直在网上搜索 但… |
[14:28] | I’m a little confused on the matter, | 我还是有点搞不懂 |
[14:30] | so I wanted to ask you. | 所以我想问问你 |
[14:33] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[14:35] | Nothing. It’s, uh, just these e-mails I keep getting. | 没什么 只是我不断收到这些邮件 |
[14:42] | 匿名邮件 你和喜欢你的人都去死吧 | |
[14:42] | Those are the kind of e-mails I usually get. | 我经常收到这种邮件 |
[14:44] | Okay, so… | 好吧 |
[14:46] | what is it? | 你想问什么 |
[14:49] | Okay, so this is gonna sound bad, but… | 好了 这听起来很糟糕 但是… |
[14:51] | I was wondering how long | 我想知道某样东西 |
[14:53] | something will stay in your system | 在身体里过了多久 |
[14:54] | for it to be detected by a drug test. | 才不会被药检查出来 |
[14:59] | This isn’t about the poppy seeds? | 不是罂粟籽吧 |
[15:02] | No. | 不是 |
[15:03] | What drugs? | 那是什么 |
[15:06] | Fentanyl. | 芬太尼 |
[15:09] | Fentanyl? | 芬太尼 |
[15:13] | How did you… | 你是怎么… |
[15:14] | Uh, Blum, he… | 布鲁姆他… |
[15:15] | he gave me a fentanyl lollipop to try. | 他给了我根芬太尼棒棒糖尝尝 |
[15:18] | And you tried it? | 你就尝了 |
[15:19] | I’d never done drugs before, | 我以前从没嗑过药 |
[15:22] | ever, and, uh… | 从来没有 但… |
[15:26] | I wanted to see what it would be like. | 我想试试是什么感觉 |
[15:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:31] | So… | 所以… |
[15:33] | it depends on how much you took. | 这取决于你嗑的量 |
[15:35] | Usually it metabolizes in one and a half days, | 一般来说一天半就可以代谢掉 |
[15:38] | but it could take up to five days. | 但最多需要五天 |
[15:39] | How long ago since you took it? | 你是多久以前嗑的 |
[15:41] | Four days ago. | 四天前 |
[15:42] | Jay came to me yesterday for a drug test, | 昨天杰让我做药检 |
[15:44] | but I delayed it to today. | 但我推迟到今天 |
[15:47] | You’ll probably be fine. | 你应该会没事的 |
[15:49] | But you can’t be sure? | 但你不能保证 |
[15:51] | I can’t be. | 我无法保证 |
[15:56] | I need to delay it one more day. | 我还需要推迟多一天 |
[15:58] | – Thank you. – Okay. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[16:05] | Lucca Quinn. | 卢卡·奎恩 |
[16:06] | Bitch, fuck, cunt, motherfucking asshole… | 贱人 婊子 该死的混蛋 |
[16:15] | Lucca Quinn. | 卢卡·奎恩 |
[16:16] | Ms. Quinn, this is Cole Lowe from the Washington Post. | 奎恩女士 我是华盛顿邮报的科尔·洛 |
[16:18] | Is this a good time? | 您现在方便吗 |
[16:20] | For…? | 什么事 |
[16:21] | Do you have a comment on the video? | 你对视频有什么要评论的吗 |
[16:24] | The “Mothering While Black” Video. | “黑人育儿”的视频 |
[16:28] | I’ve contacted the other woman involved, | 我已经联系了视频中另一位女士 |
[16:30] | and she insists this was all an unfortunate misunderstanding. | 她坚称这是个不幸的误会 |
[16:33] | Do you have a comment? | 你想发表一下意见吗 |
[16:36] | I’m actually a-a little busy. | 我现在其实有点忙 |
[16:39] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[16:43] | Hey! Stop! | 停下 |
[16:44] | – This is not racist. I was just– – Okay. | -这不是种族歧视 我只是 -好吧 |
[16:46] | She doesn’t even know how to fold this stroller. | 她都不知道如何折叠婴儿车 |
[16:48] | I can fold the stroller fine! | 我可以折叠婴儿车 |
[16:50] | This is clearly not your baby. | 这显然不是你的孩子 |
[16:54] | You actually want to see my I.D.? | 你居然要查我的身份证 |
[16:56] | Yeah, your car registration, too, please. | 是的 以及你的车辆登记证 |
[16:57] | – How dare you! – She told me that she found him | -你好大胆子 -她告诉我她在 |
[16:59] | – at the Whole Foods. – Oh, my God. | -全食超市找到的他 -我的天 |
[17:01] | It was a joke! It was a freaking joke! | 这是个玩笑 就是个玩笑 |
[17:03] | – You think that is funny? – Okay, all right… | -你觉得这很有趣吗 -好吧 |
[17:06] | You actually want to see my I.D.? | 你居然要查我的身份证 |
[17:08] | Yeah, your car registration, too. | 是的 以及你的车辆登记证 |
[17:10] | The father of this baby is a United States congressman. | 这个孩子的父亲是美国国会议员 |
[17:14] | I still need to see your I.D. | 我还是需要看你的身份证 |
[17:18] | You actually want to see my I.D.? | 你居然要查我的身份证 |
[17:20] | Congratulations. You’re a meme. | 恭喜 你成表情包了 |
[17:22] | The father of this baby is a United States congressman. | 这个孩子的父亲是美国国会议员 |
[17:29] | All right, all right, all right! Okay… | 行了 行了 行了 |
[17:31] | She’s trying to take a baby! | 她想带走这个孩子 |
[17:36] | Help me! | 救救我 |
[17:38] | Because this is my baby. | 因为这就是我的孩子 |
[17:40] | Because he needs to get home and have a nap. | 他需要回家睡午觉 |
[17:50] | Did you know she was coming in today? | 你知道她今天会来吗 |
[17:52] | No. | 不知道 |
[17:53] | That’s an odd coincidence. | 真是个奇怪的巧合 |
[17:55] | Yeah. Do you believe in coincidences? | 是啊 你相信巧合吗 |
[17:56] | No. | 不信 |
[18:00] | Ah. | 你们来了 |
[18:01] | – Uh, you’ve met, uh, Liz Reddick? – No. | -你见过莉兹·雷迪克了吗 -没有 |
[18:03] | – I’m sure you knew her dad. – It’s an honor. | -我相信你认识她父亲 -荣幸至极 |
[18:05] | I wrote a song about your dad. | 我为你父亲写了一首歌 |
[18:07] | Some idiot thought it was pro-Klan. | 有些蠢货以为是颂赞三K党的 |
[18:09] | That’s the problem with art. | 这就是艺术创作面临的问题 |
[18:11] | People interpret it any which way. | 人们以各种方式解读 |
[18:12] | I’m Sabrina’s manager, Nate Yardley. | 我是萨布丽娜的经纪人 奈特·亚德利 |
[18:14] | Hi. I think you know Diane Lockhart. | 你好 我想你认识戴安·洛哈特 |
[18:16] | – Hi, Nate. Hi, Sabrina. – Ms. Lockhart, hi. | -奈特 萨布丽娜 -洛哈特女士你好 |
[18:18] | Yeah, we, uh, didn’t mean to bring in the whole cavalry here. | 我们无意将你们所有人都召集起来 |
[18:20] | Oh, no, we are here to serve. | 不用介意 我们就是来帮忙的 |
[18:21] | Sabrina’s just a little concerned about her fans. | 萨布丽娜有些担心她的粉丝 |
[18:23] | They can get a little rambunctious. | 他们有时会比较粗暴 |
[18:25] | – What’s the problem? – What is…? | -有什么问题 -有什么… |
[18:29] | Uh, please, sit. | 请坐吧 |
[18:30] | So, we keep track of mentions on social media. | 我们一直关注着社交网上提及我们的信息 |
[18:34] | This was just posted today. | 这个是今天发布的 |
[18:36] | It’s obviously photoshopped, but a lot of the discussion’s | 很明显这是后期合成的 但引起了很多争议 |
[18:39] | about Sabrina really being there in Charlottesville. | 关于萨布丽娜是否真的在夏洛茨维尔 |
[18:42] | – They call themselves Wynners. – Who does? | -他们管自己叫韦恩帮 -谁 |
[18:44] | These fans on the alt-right. | 这些另类右翼粉丝 |
[18:45] | They think she’s their Aryan savior. | 他们认为她是雅利安救世主 |
[18:47] | – Where’s this coming from? – Some conspiracy theorist | -这些的源头是哪里 -一个四叶论坛上 |
[18:49] | on 4chan who calls himself P-Anon. | 称自己为匿名左派的阴谋论者 |
[18:52] | He supposedly has all this information on the coming civil war. | 据传他拥有所有关于即将到来的内战信息 |
[18:56] | He says I’ll be married off to Donald Trump Jr., | 他说我会和小唐纳德·特朗普结婚 |
[18:58] | who will rule for the next 50 years. | 而他将在接下去五十年内执政 |
[19:01] | – And you want to sue him? – Well, no, he’s anonymous. | -你想起诉他吗 -不 他的身份不明 |
[19:04] | – I mean, who would we sue? – You’ll still make | -我们该起诉谁呢 -你们依然需要 |
[19:05] | a statement with this suit. | 就此事发表一个声明 |
[19:08] | You’ll come out as against the alt-right | 表示自己反对另类右翼 |
[19:10] | and neo-Nazis. | 和新纳粹分子 |
[19:11] | No. We are committed to staying neutral. | 不 我们致力于保持立场中立 |
[19:14] | Neutral with regards to Nazis? | 对纳粹分子保持中立态度 |
[19:17] | Look… | 听着 |
[19:19] | I-I know this is hard for people to understand, | 我知道人们很难理解 |
[19:22] | but music, to me, is bigger than politics. | 但是音乐对我来说比政治更重要 |
[19:26] | It’s my whole life. | 是我的全部 |
[19:29] | But if you bring music down to politics, | 但如果你们将音乐降格成政治 |
[19:31] | that is all that people see. | 那人们只会看见这个 |
[19:33] | And the ugly thing about right now is: | 而如今丑陋的现实就是 |
[19:36] | beauty is secondary. | 美是次要的 |
[19:37] | Politics is everything. | 政治才是一切 |
[19:39] | Families break apart because of politics. | 政治导致家庭分崩离析 |
[19:42] | Paintings are about politics. | 绘画只为政治服务 |
[19:44] | TV shows and jokes, | 电视节目和玩笑 |
[19:45] | poems, comic books. | 诗歌 漫画书 |
[19:48] | I always promised myself, | 我一直允诺自己 |
[19:50] | no matter how much money I’d lose, | 无论我损失多少钱 |
[19:52] | to never let my music be used for anything | 也决不让我的音乐沦为任何事物的工具 |
[19:55] | except as music. | 它只是纯粹的音乐 |
[19:57] | So no statements, | 所以不发表声明 |
[19:59] | even about alt-right assholes. | 即使是那些另类右翼混蛋 |
[20:03] | Then… what would you like us to do? | 那… 你希望我们做什么 |
[20:05] | One of Sabrina’s fan sites has reprinted this photo | 其中一个萨布丽娜的粉丝网站转发了这张照片 |
[20:08] | and called on Sabrina to condemn the alt-right. | 并呼吁萨布丽娜去谴责另类右翼 |
[20:10] | We want you to send a cease-and-desist order to that site. | 我们希望你们给那个网站发禁止令 |
[20:14] | Oh, well, uh, that would be a mistake, Sabrina. | 这么做是个错误 萨布丽娜 |
[20:17] | – Why? – Well, doing that would make it seem | -为什么 -这么做会显得 |
[20:19] | like you support the alt-right. | 你支持另类右翼 |
[20:22] | You would be making a statement | 这种不发表声明的方式 |
[20:24] | by trying to not make a statement. | 反而无声地表明了你的立场 |
[20:25] | Also, they have a First Amendment right. | 而且 他们拥有宪法第一修正案权利 |
[20:27] | Here’s the problem– when this photo was on 4chan, | 问题是当这张照片在四叶论坛上时 |
[20:31] | only 50,000 or so saw it. | 只有大约五万人看到 |
[20:34] | Now it’s on my fan site– | 而转发到了我的粉丝网站 |
[20:35] | a few million see it. | 几百万人看到了 |
[20:40] | Is this the work of your resistance group? | 这是你的反对组织干的吗 |
[20:43] | Uh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:49] | P-Anon is theirs, | 匿名左派是他们的一员 |
[20:50] | – but it may have gotten away from them. – Meaning? | -但也许慢慢不受他们控制了 -什么意思 |
[20:53] | It’s weird how quickly what starts out as satire | 令人费解的是如今这世道讽刺文学 |
[20:56] | becomes the real thing these days. | 如此迅速地变成了现实 |
[21:02] | 《傲骨之战》 短片 | |
[21:06] | *Now we have the Internet* | *如今我们有了网络* |
[21:08] | *The future is in range* | *未来触手可得* |
[21:10] | *It’s great for buying groceries* | *购买杂货方便快捷* |
[21:11] | *It’s a tool for social change* | *社会变革的好工具* |
[21:14] | *But in the darker corners* | *但在一些黑暗角落* |
[21:15] | *There is something very strange* | *古怪之事还不少* |
[21:17] | *A mirror world of mystery and fog* | *充斥着神秘与迷雾的镜面世界* |
[21:21] | *First there’s just a meme* | *起初只有表情包* |
[21:23] | *Then there’s a joke about the meme* | *后来有了关于表情包的笑话* |
[21:25] | *The joke is that it’s fake* | *笑话称其虚假* |
[21:26] | *It’s not as fake as it may seem* | *但它不像看起来那么假* |
[21:29] | *Confusion when they use one* | *使用时会引起困惑* |
[21:31] | *And it seems like what they mean* | *人们大概是认真的* |
[21:33] | *And then, ta-da, a cartoon Nazi frog* | *于是 瞧啊 卡通纳粹蛙* |
[21:36] | *They want to make you crazy* | *人们想逼你抓狂* |
[21:38] | *And they want to make you mad* | *人们想让你气急* |
[21:40] | *Okay is not okay and, tee-hee, drinking milk is bad* | *好啊已经不好 嘻嘻 牛奶也不能饮* |
[21:44] | *But no frog is a Nazi* | *小蛙不支持纳粹* |
[21:46] | *And it makes him very sad* | *这让它们伤心* |
[21:48] | *One more clown nose in their shitty catalog* | *倒霉事迹又添一笑料* |
[21:52] | *The lines are getting blurry* | *界限开始模糊* |
[21:54] | *And it’s very hard to see* | *难以分辨* |
[21:56] | *If it’s cruel or if it’s funny* | *残忍还是有趣* |
[21:57] | *If it’s truth or irony* | *真实或讽刺* |
[21:59] | *For every thought that’s stupid* | *甭管想法多蠢* |
[22:01] | *There is someone who’ll agree* | *总有人响应* |
[22:01] | 笔记本电脑死机 黑客出击 | |
[22:03] | *And it’s hell if you’re a cartoon Nazi frog* | *卡通纳粹蛙只能身陷地狱* |
[22:07] | *Fare-thee-well, despised cartoon Nazi frog.* | *走好啊人见人嫌的卡通纳粹蛙* |
[22:12] | We talking to Lucca? | 找卢卡谈谈 |
[22:14] | Got it. | 好的 |
[22:18] | You two do know that… Sabrina is my client? | 你们俩知道… 萨布丽娜是我的客户吧 |
[22:21] | – Oh, yes. We were just trying – Yeah. | -当然 我们只是想 -嗯 |
[22:22] | – to put up a united front for her. – Yeah. | -表现我们团结一致 – 嗯 |
[22:29] | Look, it was a misunderstanding. | 听着 都是误会 |
[22:32] | The cops were great. | 警察态度挺好 |
[22:33] | The lady realized she was wrong, | 那位女士也认识到自己搞错了 |
[22:35] | so I wish we wouldn’t make such a big deal of it. | 所以我希望大家不要小题大做 |
[22:37] | We’re not trying to, Lucca. | 我们不是想这样 卢卡 |
[22:38] | It’s just that now we’re getting phone messages here. | 只是律所收到很多短信 |
[22:41] | Uh, Jay. | 杰 |
[22:43] | “I’m going to find where you live, | “我会找到你的住所 |
[22:44] | “and I’m going to rescue that precious baby | 将你抱着的可爱小宝宝 |
[22:46] | from the shithole where you’re holding him.” | 从那破地方解救出来” |
[22:48] | “This won’t be Mothering While Black, | “这可不是黑人为母 |
[22:50] | this will be Mothering While Dead.” | 而是死人为母” |
[22:51] | Lucca, we want Jay to escort you to and from work every day. | 卢卡 我们会安排杰护送你每天上下班 |
[22:55] | No. Seriously, I’m fine. That is not necessary. | 真的不用 我没事 没必要 |
[22:58] | It is, Lucca. Just for a week. | 有必要 卢卡 一周就好 |
[23:01] | It was a total nonevent. | 这真的不算事儿 |
[23:02] | It’ll be forgotten by tomorrow. | 明天就没人记得了 |
[23:04] | It was captured on video. | 过程被拍下来 |
[23:06] | That’s never forgotten. | 人们会一直记得 |
[23:08] | Like the guy who was shot in his car with his girlfriend. | 就像在车上和女友一同遭枪击的人 |
[23:10] | Philando Castile. | 费兰多·卡斯蒂尔[非裔] |
[23:11] | Right. There was video, | 没错 因为有视频 |
[23:12] | so it was remembered longer than the guy | 所以相比那个在自己公寓 |
[23:14] | who was killed in his apartment by an off-duty cop. | 被非值班警察打死的人 大家对他记的更久 |
[23:16] | Botham Jean. | 博瑟姆·吉恩[非裔] |
[23:17] | Right. | 没错 |
[23:18] | Same thing with the guy | 还有那个汽车故障的人 |
[23:19] | whose car broke down. | 也是这样 |
[23:20] | Then he knocked on somebody’s door… | 他敲人家门求助 |
[23:21] | Jonathan Ferrell. | 乔纳森·费雷尔[非裔] |
[23:26] | Do you all notice that the black people here | 你们有注意到吗 在场的黑人 |
[23:29] | know the names of the victims of police shootings, | 都记得警察开枪打死的被害人姓名 |
[23:31] | but the others don’t? | 其他人则不然 |
[23:38] | Um, I don’t think that’s true. Is it? | 我不认为这是事实 对吧 |
[23:42] | Who was the kid on the dashcam walking away | 行车记录仪拍下的那个步行过程中 |
[23:44] | when the police shot him? | 被警察枪击的孩子叫什么 |
[23:46] | Laquan McDonald. | 拉匡·麦克唐纳[非裔] |
[23:53] | And who was that gay youth on the fence post? | 陈尸篱柱的那个同性恋少年呢 |
[23:55] | Matthew Shepard. | 马修·谢泼德[白人] |
[24:03] | So you think I’m racist? | 所以你觉得我种族歧视 |
[24:04] | No. It was… just an observation. | 没有 那只是… 一个观察 |
[24:08] | My grandparents went to Selma. | 我祖父母都参加了塞尔玛游行 |
[24:09] | Marissa, please, let it go. I’m sorry I brought it up. | 梅丽莎 请别介意 我很抱歉提起来 |
[24:13] | I guess I’ll go remember | 大概我得去 |
[24:14] | the names of everyone shot by the police. | 记下被警察打死的所有人名 |
[24:24] | 倒在警枪下的非裔美国人 黑人的命也是命活动家与警方对质 | |
[24:29] | Jonathan Ferrell. | 乔纳森·费雷尔 |
[24:31] | Michael Brown. | 迈克尔·布朗 |
[24:34] | Philando Castile. | 费兰多·卡斯蒂尔 |
[24:38] | Alton Sterling. | 奥尔顿·斯特林 |
[24:41] | What do you think about what Lucca said? | 你对卢卡说的有什么看法 |
[24:44] | I know that black people are not monolithic. | 我知道黑人群体也不是那么团结 |
[24:48] | But, you know… | 但你知道 |
[24:52] | …I’ve accepted… | 我已经接受现实 |
[24:54] | there’s a certain amount of… | 不管怎么样 |
[24:57] | bias in my life no matter what. | 总会遭受一定的偏见 |
[25:00] | And… | 并且 |
[25:03] | I’m just looking for some everyday kindness and respect, Liz. | 我想要的只是日常善意与尊重而已 莉兹 |
[25:07] | Mm, but is kindness only there in the best of times? | 但善意只在最好的时候出现 |
[25:11] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:12] | Uh, well, when it comes down to it, | 要说到那个 |
[25:14] | don’t people really break off into their own tribes? | 人们不都是站到自己所属的群体那边吗 |
[25:18] | I mean, they show who they really love | 日子不好过的时候 才能看出 |
[25:20] | when times get tough. | 人们真正在乎的是什么 |
[25:22] | You’re worried that when they start rounding up black people, | 你担心如果有人要打击黑人 |
[25:25] | Diane will turn us in. | 戴安会出卖我们 |
[25:30] | I have to worry about the racists I can see. | 我得担心那些明显的种族主义者 |
[25:36] | When I solve that, | 忙完之后 |
[25:39] | I can turn to the racists I don’t see. | 就能处理那些不明显的了 |
[25:44] | 滚回非洲吧 这里不欢迎你 真是好妈妈啊 你个黑贱人 | |
[25:54] | Hey. Do you have a minute? | 方便吗 |
[25:56] | – Yeah. What is it? – The new associates. | -嗯 怎么 -新来的律师 |
[25:58] | They need to hear from a fourth-year. | 要向有四年经验的前辈学习 |
[25:59] | Sure. That’s an unusual makeup, isn’t it? | 当然 这种阵容真是难得啊 |
[26:02] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[26:04] | Well, more whites than blacks. | 白人多过黑人 |
[26:06] | Oh, are we really counting now? | 真打算要数数比较吗 |
[26:08] | No, I wasn’t. | 我可没有 |
[26:09] | But things don’t happen at this firm without a reason. | 但这间律所里没有无缘无故的事 |
[26:11] | Do you want me to get someone else to speak with them? | 你是希望我找别的人去跟他们聊吗 |
[26:14] | No. | 不是 |
[26:21] | 白人好 黑人坏 白人有力量 | |
[26:25] | There are great opportunities for advancement, | 有很多晋升机会 |
[26:28] | as you will quickly realize | 你们马上能知道 |
[26:30] | from the head of our matrimonial department, Lucca Quinn. | 欢迎婚姻部主管 卢卡·奎恩 |
[26:33] | She’s a fourth-year associate, but her, uh, meteoric rise | 她在雷迪克&博斯曼&洛哈特律所 |
[26:36] | here at Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart | 是第四年 但其飞速升职 |
[26:38] | is really indicative of the kind of law firm we are. | 正能说明这间律所的特点 |
[26:41] | We are inclusive in our hiring practices… | 我们的雇佣政策不排斥任何群体 |
[27:04] | Uh… just fill up to the line. | 装到线的位置 |
[27:07] | You’re not coming in? | 你不进来吗 |
[27:08] | No. I trust you. | 不 我相信你 |
[28:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:28] | This is silly. | 这太傻了 |
[28:29] | No, I don’t think it is. | 不 我不这么想 |
[28:30] | People just talk. | 人们只是说说而已 |
[28:31] | They don’t do. | 不会付诸行动 |
[28:32] | No, these days, they do. | 不 近来他们会付诸行动 |
[28:36] | Did… | 你有没有… |
[28:37] | did you notice that the new round | 你有没有注意到最近新招的律师 |
[28:40] | of associate hires are majority-white? | 大多数都是白人 |
[28:43] | I didn’t notice that. | 我没注意 |
[28:45] | And why did you notice that? | 你为什么会注意这个 |
[28:48] | Because I was asked to talk to them. | 因为有人让我跟他们谈话 |
[28:50] | Yes, but that wouldn’t usually be worthy of comment. | 好吧 但通常没必要去评论这种事 |
[28:54] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[28:55] | You’re not someone who usually notices | 你不是那种会注意到律所里的 |
[28:57] | issues of race at the firm. | 种族问题的人 |
[29:00] | Yes, I do. | 不 我会注意到 |
[29:01] | Mm, I never heard it from you. | 我从没听你提起过 |
[29:03] | Wait, what issues of race? | 等等 什么种族问题 |
[29:06] | What? Tell me. | 到底是什么 告诉我 |
[29:08] | – There are always issues of race. – Such as? | -种族问题总是存在的 -比如 |
[29:13] | You don’t want to hear this. | 你不会想听这个的 |
[29:14] | I-I do. | 我想听 |
[29:15] | What? | 到底是什么 |
[29:19] | Lucca, the best offices, | 卢卡 最好的办公室 |
[29:20] | the best pay, the number of new hires, | 最高的薪水 都给了白人 |
[29:23] | they go to the new white hires. | 新招的律师也大多数是白人 |
[29:26] | Talk to the mail room. They hate what’s going on. | 去问问收发室的人 他们对现状很不满 |
[29:31] | What do you mean, the best pay? | 你说最高的薪水是指什么 |
[29:34] | No, I am not gonna start this. | 不 我不会跟你谈这个的 |
[29:36] | Oh, you already did. | 你已经谈起这个了 |
[29:38] | Is there a pay disparity? | 律所里有薪酬差异吗 |
[29:43] | The firm is expanding. | 律所正在扩张 |
[29:45] | We all pretend there are no racial ramifications. | 我们都假装不存在种族分歧 |
[29:48] | But that’s because the partners are mostly black | 但那是因为合伙人大多数都是黑人 |
[29:51] | and they’re doing well. | 而且他们工作都很出色 |
[29:51] | But the firm is hiring more whites than blacks. | 但律所正在雇佣更多的白人 而不是黑人 |
[29:55] | And they’re paying the whites more? | 而且他们付给白人的薪水更高 |
[29:59] | Talk to Boseman. | 跟博斯曼谈谈 |
[30:00] | He listens to you. | 他会听你的话 |
[30:04] | Give me the data. | 给我具体数据 |
[30:05] | Then I’ll talk to Boseman. | 我就去跟博斯曼谈 |
[30:08] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[30:10] | Get me the salary breakdown. | 把工资明细给我弄来 |
[30:18] | When you fire that bullet, | 只要你打出这颗子弹 |
[30:20] | it will start a war. | 就会挑起一场战争 |
[30:22] | Are you sure you want it? | 你确定真的想要这样 |
[30:25] | Get me the data. | 把具体数据给我 |
[30:27] | Then I’ll know. | 我才会知道 |
[30:35] | So, you’re using us. | 所以 你在利用我们 |
[30:37] | Using? In what way? | 利用 怎么利用 |
[30:39] | We get back to work and Sabrina Wynne wants to meet with us | 我们一回去工作萨布丽娜·韦恩就来见我们了 |
[30:42] | because of this. | 因为这个 |
[30:43] | Because 4chan is exploding about her | 因为四叶论坛爆了她的料 |
[30:46] | as a neo-Nazi goddess. | 说她是新纳粹女神 |
[30:49] | Why does that seem strange? | 为什么这会让你们觉得奇怪 |
[30:50] | It seems convenient. | 这也来得太是时候了 |
[30:52] | We want Sabrina to come out against the alt-right, | 我们想让萨布丽娜站出来反对另类右翼 |
[30:54] | and, there it is, a provocation from the alt-right. | 然后机会就来了 来自另类右翼的挑衅 |
[30:57] | Look, i did create a thread about Sabrina, | 我确实发过跟萨布丽娜有关的帖子 |
[31:00] | but everything else is not me. | 但其他所有事情都跟我无关 |
[31:02] | – Is this your photoshop? – No, are you kidding? | -这是你修的图吗 -不 你在开玩笑吗 |
[31:04] | My work is much better than this. | 我的作品可比这好多了 |
[31:05] | 4chan is taking off without us. | 四叶论坛没有我们也会很火 |
[31:07] | Yeah, but you created the problem. | 没错 但你们制造了这个问题 |
[31:09] | No, the problem is there. | 不 问题本来就存在 |
[31:10] | We just dragged it out in the open. | 我们只是把它公开了 |
[31:12] | This would be different | 如果事情发生在你的客户身上 |
[31:13] | if it were one of your clients. | 情况就会不同 |
[31:14] | No, it wouldn’t. If it was one of my clients at my PR firm, | 不 不会 如果是我公关公司的客户 |
[31:18] | I would jump at the chance to advise her | 我会抓住这个机会建议她 |
[31:19] | to come out against the alt-right. | 站出来反对另类右翼 |
[31:21] | 蓝色品牌倾向于民主党 红色品牌倾向于共和党 | |
[31:21] | There are blue and red brands these days. | 最近有蓝红品牌之说 |
[31:24] | Ask any of the red ones how they’re doing. | 去查查任何一个红色品牌的情况 |
[31:25] | The NRA. How many sponsors have they lost? | 看看步枪协会 他们失去了多少赞助商 |
[31:28] | Trump Towers. Ivanka’s clothing line. | 特朗普大厦 伊万卡的服装线 |
[31:30] | Now ask the blue ones. | 再查查蓝色品牌 |
[31:32] | Nike. Apple. I’ve done polling on this. | 耐克 苹果 我做过这方面的民调 |
[31:34] | The blue side is always on top. | 蓝色那边总是占上风 |
[31:36] | Sabrina does not want to stand with red or blue. | 萨布丽娜两边都不想站 |
[31:39] | So what is she gonna do? | 那她想干什么 |
[31:41] | That’s attorney-client privilege. | 因为律师当事人保密协定 |
[31:42] | We can’t tell you. | 我们不能告诉你 |
[31:43] | Just advise her the way a real lawyer would, | 就给她真正的律师会给她的那种建议 |
[31:46] | and we’ll get the influence we need. | 她就会带来我们想要的那种影响 |
[31:47] | – “Real lawyer.” – Thank you. | -“真正的律师” -谢了 |
[31:49] | It’s what happens when you’re in this fight. | 你只要参与这场战争就会发生这样的事 |
[31:51] | Your day job becomes secondary. | 日常工作只能摆在第二位 |
[31:52] | Well, stop making our job harder, okay? | 拜托 别再发更多帖子 |
[31:55] | With any more postings. | 让我们的工作更难做了 好吗 |
[31:57] | Just let it go. | 别管这件事了 |
[32:07] | Morning. | 早 |
[32:08] | Will it never stop raining? | 这雨永远都不会停了吗 |
[32:12] | Everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[32:14] | I got the data. | 我把具体数据拿来了 |
[32:17] | On the salaries? | 关于工资的 |
[32:19] | Good. | 很好 |
[32:20] | Most of the new senior associates coming in are white. | 大部分新来的高级律师都是白人 |
[32:23] | Most of the junior associates are… | 而大部分初级律师都是… |
[32:26] | black, with lower pay. | 黑人 薪水较低 |
[32:31] | Is there something else? | 还有别的吗 |
[32:33] | One of the employees got a large raise last week. | 有位员工的薪水上周有大幅度提升 |
[32:36] | Who? | 是谁 |
[32:38] | Marissa. | 梅丽莎 |
[32:43] | Okay. I think we should drop this. | 好 我觉得我们还是算了吧 |
[32:44] | I shouldn’t have asked for the data. | 我不应该问你要数据的 |
[32:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:47] | Because… | 因为… |
[32:49] | I like Marissa. | 我喜欢梅丽莎 |
[32:50] | I do, too. But I worked here four more years. | 我也喜欢她 但我在这里工作的时间更长 |
[32:52] | Well, she’s not paid as much as you. | 她的薪水没你高 |
[32:53] | She wasn’t. Until last week. | 上周之前是没我高 |
[32:58] | I still think we should drop it. | 我还是觉得我们算了吧 |
[33:00] | Look, this isn’t just about money. | 听着 这不仅仅是钱的问题 |
[33:03] | It’s about value. | 这关乎个人价值 |
[33:04] | And I don’t know why my contribution is valued less. | 我不明白为什么我的贡献估值比她低 |
[33:06] | It’s not. | 不是 |
[33:07] | And it would be good to not attach it to individuals. | 而且不要把这件事跟个人挂钩会比较好 |
[33:09] | I would agree. | 我同意 |
[33:11] | But then it’s about… | 但现在这还与… |
[33:16] | Race. | 种族有关 |
[33:19] | Yeah, I’m gonna– | 对 我要 |
[33:20] | I’m gonna talk to ’em. | 我要去找他们谈谈 |
[33:21] | – To who? – The partners. | -找谁 -合伙人 |
[33:23] | Jay, it– Don’t. | 杰 别去 |
[33:24] | – It’s nothing. – It’s not nothing. | -这没什么 -这不是没什么的事 |
[33:30] | Look at you, | 看看你 |
[33:31] | all grown up. | 长这么大了 |
[33:33] | Frank Landau. | 弗兰克·朗度 |
[33:34] | Are you here for Mr. Boseman? | 你是来找博斯曼先生的吗 |
[33:36] | No, for you. | 不 来找你的 |
[33:37] | I spoke to your dad the other day. | 我前几天跟你爸聊过几句 |
[33:39] | How’s he doing? I can never get him to call me back. | 他还好吗 他永远也不回我电话 |
[33:41] | Well, elections are tough in Albania. | 阿尔巴尼亚的选举工作不好做 |
[33:43] | Eli Gold, living in the birthplace of Mother Teresa. | 伊莱·戈德 在特蕾莎修女的出生地生活 |
[33:46] | Go figure. | 想也想得到 |
[33:47] | He asked me to give you a message. | 他要我给你捎个话 |
[33:51] | Is it “Happy birthday”? | 是”生日快乐”吗 |
[33:52] | Because he missed the last two. | 因为他错过我两个生日了 |
[33:54] | Is this glass soundproof? | 这玻璃隔音吗 |
[33:56] | It is. Why? | 隔音 怎么了 |
[33:56] | What the fuck are you doing?! | 你他妈在搞什么 |
[33:59] | Yep, that sounds like Dad. | 确实是我爸的口气 |
[34:00] | What the fuck are you doing, | 你他妈在搞什么 |
[34:02] | working for the Historical Law Society?! | 给历史律师协会做起事来了 |
[34:05] | I’m not working… | 我没有… |
[34:05] | Please do me the courtesy of allowing me to finish! | 请尊重下我 让我把话说完 |
[34:08] | – Is this Dad now or you? – They are responsible | -现在你是代表我爸还是你 -全国占九成 |
[34:10] | for 90% of the destructive judges in this country. | 破坏性的法官都出自那里 |
[34:13] | I am not working for them. | 我没有为他们工作 |
[34:14] | I’m consulting for a friend. | 我只是帮一个朋友做咨询 |
[34:16] | A Republican friend. | 一位共和党朋友 |
[34:17] | Why is that so bad? | 这有什么大不了的 |
[34:18] | You know, if you want to get back at your dad, | 如果你想报复你爸 |
[34:20] | just get a fucking tattoo! | 去文个身就好了 |
[34:21] | Dad thinks I’m doing this to get back at him? | 我爸觉得我这么做是在报复他 |
[34:23] | Talk about self-centered. | 还跟我说自我为中心 |
[34:24] | What other motive could you have | 你去帮一个反堕胎的特朗普支持者 |
[34:26] | to help an anti-choice Trump voter get on the federal bench?! | 坐上联邦法官的位子还能有什么用意 |
[34:30] | Tell “dad” | 告诉”我爸” |
[34:32] | while he’s off helping some corrupt Albanian billionaire, | 他离家去帮腐败的阿尔巴尼亚亿万富翁时 |
[34:35] | I am helping a decent man become a good judge. | 我是在帮一个好人成为一名好法官 |
[34:38] | Yes, he’s Republican. | 对 他是共和党人 |
[34:39] | But, news flash, they’re the only ones getting through. | 但告诉你个新消息 目前候选人只有他们 |
[34:42] | If I have to choose between creepy, drunk frat boys | 如果必须得在变态 酒鬼花花公子 |
[34:44] | and Julius Cain, | 和朱利叶斯·凯恩中选一个 |
[34:45] | I’m picking Julius. | 我选朱利叶斯·凯恩 |
[34:48] | How much is Cain paying you? | 凯恩给你多少钱 |
[34:49] | None of your business. Why? | 不关你的事 怎么了 |
[34:51] | I’ll bet you we pay more at the DNC. | 我敢肯定你来民主党委员会我们出价更高 |
[34:53] | In case you ever want to come work for the good guys. | 只要你想为好人做事 |
[34:57] | I learned from the best, | 根据以往的经历 |
[34:58] | so I know you’re full of shit. | 我知道你满嘴狗屁 |
[34:59] | Just tell Dad to call me next time. | 告诉我爸下次自己打给我 |
[35:06] | Next time you want to make a point, slam the door! | 下次你想表达自己立场时 记得摔门 |
[35:13] | That was actually pretty bitchin’. | 刚那其实挺婊的 |
[35:16] | Sabrina. Hi. | 萨布丽娜 你好 |
[35:18] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[35:20] | You said the alt-right would think | 你说另类右派会觉得 |
[35:21] | I was supporting them with this suit. | 我在支持他们发起诉讼 |
[35:22] | Uh, yes. I’m sorry. | 是的 抱歉 |
[35:25] | I’ve seen what they’re writing. | 我看过他们写的东西 |
[35:27] | And I’m being called a coward for suing my own fan site. | 我因为起诉自己的粉丝网站而变成了懦夫 |
[35:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:32] | I shouldn’t have listened to Nate. | 我不该听奈特的 |
[35:34] | I’m ready to do what you said. | 我准备好按你说的做了 |
[35:36] | You want to make a political statement? | 你想发表一则政治声明 |
[35:38] | I think I have to. | 我想只能这样了吧 |
[35:39] | We can help you write it. In your words, of course. | 我们可以帮你起草 说你想说的 |
[35:42] | You can– you can thank your fans, | 你可以感谢你的粉丝 |
[35:44] | you can encourage them to vote, | 你可以鼓励他们去投票 |
[35:46] | and then you come out against the alt-right. | 然后你站出来反对另类右派 |
[35:48] | – Just like Taylor Swift. – No. | -就像泰勒·斯威夫特一样 -不 |
[35:50] | I want to make a political statement about love. | 我想发一则关于爱的政治声明 |
[35:55] | – A-As in? – Like, when I play the guitar, | -哪方面的 -比如 我弹吉他时 |
[35:57] | I need my right hand and my left hand. | 左右手都需要 |
[35:59] | Without both, there’s no music. | 失去了哪只手 都不能弹奏出音乐 |
[36:01] | And without music, there’s no love. | 没有音乐 就没有爱 |
[36:07] | Sabrina, do you want our advice? | 萨布丽娜 想听我们的建议吗 |
[36:09] | Yes. | 好的 |
[36:10] | That’s not enough. | 这还不够 |
[36:11] | You’re saying one hand belongs to the neo-Nazis. | 你这是说其中一只手是属于新纳粹党的 |
[36:14] | I’m not saying that. | 我没这么说 |
[36:16] | I’m saying that love is bigger than politics. | 我是说爱比政治更重要 |
[36:18] | But that’s the way it will look. | 但看上去会是这样 |
[36:20] | Um, let us do this. | 交给我们处理吧 |
[36:23] | We’ll write up two statements, yours and ours. | 我们会写两份声明 你的和我们的 |
[36:26] | You read both and decide. | 你都看看然后再做决定 |
[36:31] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[36:41] | I didn’t know we had an appointment. | 我怎么不知道有客户预约 |
[36:43] | She just walked in. | 她直接过来的 |
[36:44] | When we meet with my client, I’m in the meeting. | 要见我的客户 我必须得在场 |
[36:48] | No exceptions. | 没有例外 |
[36:49] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说得对 很抱歉 |
[36:52] | Liz, | 莉兹 |
[36:53] | Jay needs to talk to us. | 杰要跟我们谈谈 |
[36:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:02] | Why is Marissa on parity with me? | 为什么梅丽莎跟我同酬 |
[37:06] | Parity? What do you mean? | 同酬 什么意思 |
[37:08] | Why is her salary the same as mine? | 为什么她的薪水和我的一样 |
[37:11] | You just got a raise, Jay. | 你刚提薪 杰 |
[37:13] | – Exactly the amount you requested. – Yes. | -和你要求的一样 -是的 |
[37:16] | And Marissa got a bigger one. | 梅丽莎提薪更多 |
[37:18] | Look, people really shouldn’t be comparing salaries. | 大家真的没有必要比较薪酬 |
[37:21] | It-It’s a mistake to equate salary with value. | 不该把价值等同于薪水 |
[37:25] | Then how else do we equate it? | 那还应该等同于什么 |
[37:27] | Marissa was hired three years ago. | 梅丽莎进公司三年 |
[37:29] | She’s been an investigator for a year and a half. | 她做调查员才一年半 |
[37:32] | I’ve been here seven years. | 我来公司七年了 |
[37:33] | Bottom line, Jay, | 这是底线 杰 |
[37:36] | the partners don’t discuss financial decisions. | 合伙人不会讨论财务决策 |
[37:39] | There are so many factors that go into every decision. | 每个决定都有很多因素 |
[37:42] | Such as? | 比如什么 |
[37:44] | We’re not doing this. | 我们不谈这些 |
[37:46] | If we have to defend every salary, we’ll never stop. | 如果每个人的薪水都要解释 就没完没了了 |
[37:53] | Is it because she’s white? | 是因为她是白人吗 |
[37:58] | I’m gonna pretend you never said that. | 我就当做你从没说过这话 |
[37:59] | Then I’m gonna say it again. | 那我就再问一遍 |
[38:01] | – Is it because she’s white? – Come on. What the fuck?! | -是因为她是白人吗 -你他妈搞什么 |
[38:07] | I try very hard not to make any decisions based on race. | 我已经非常努力让所有决策都不受种族影响 |
[38:09] | But you do. Every day. | 但你还是受了影响 每日如此 |
[38:12] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[38:15] | This meeting’s over, man. | 谈话结束了 |
[38:21] | Meeting’s over, Jay. | 谈话结束了 杰 |
[38:29] | Well? | 所以呢 |
[38:31] | Well, what, Liz? | 所以什么 莉兹 |
[38:32] | Why are we paying Marissa as much as Jay? | 为什么梅丽莎和杰的工资一样高 |
[38:36] | You know why. | 你知道原因 |
[38:37] | You were there. | 你当时也在场 |
[38:38] | Because Julius argued for Marissa. | 因为朱利叶斯替梅丽莎争取了加薪 |
[38:42] | She was getting more assignments than Jay. | 这段时间她比杰得到了更多的工作 |
[38:44] | More associates were requesting her. | 越来越多的律师要求她的协助 |
[38:46] | More of the white associates were asking for her? | 更多的白人律师要求她的协助 |
[38:50] | This company keeps working | 这家律所之所以能够持续运行 |
[38:51] | because we don’t look at certain things, | 因为我们不会鼠目寸光 |
[38:54] | we don’t pick at certain scabs. | 我们也不会故意挑事 |
[38:57] | We pay people more who we think we’re losing. | 我们会给可能跳槽的员工付更高的工资 |
[38:59] | We pay people less who we know are not going anywhere. | 给那些绝不会跳槽的员工更低的工资 |
[39:02] | Nothing to do with Marissa. | 但这不关梅丽莎的事 |
[39:04] | It’s capitalism, Liz. | 资本主义而已 莉兹 |
[39:07] | Because the white people | 因为相比起黑人 |
[39:08] | are more likely to leave us than black? | 白人跳槽的可能性更大吗 |
[39:11] | Hell yeah. | 说得没错 |
[39:12] | What, you-you thought I’d say no? | 怎么 你觉得我会说不吗 |
[39:16] | The ugly truth, Liz: | 丑恶的事实是 莉兹 |
[39:19] | women are valued less than men | 和男人相比女人总是更不受重视 |
[39:20] | because we think the men can leave us for better paying jobs. | 因为我们觉得男员工会为了高薪而跳槽 |
[39:24] | And black people are valued less than white people | 同时和白人相比 黑人也总是更不受重视 |
[39:26] | because we think the white people can leave us | 因为我们觉得白人员工也会为了高薪 |
[39:27] | for better paying jobs. | 而选择跳槽 |
[39:30] | I hate it. | 我讨厌这些 |
[39:34] | But that’s the reality | 但这就是现实 |
[39:35] | and that’s what I have to deal with. | 这也是我必须要面对处理的事情 |
[39:37] | If we don’t keep this place afloat, | 如果我们不能维持这家律所 |
[39:40] | no one survives. | 那所有人都死定了 |
[39:42] | And don’t make it my thing. | 别把这算作我自己的问题 |
[39:45] | There’s a nine-year expiration date | 少数族裔企业赢下的无投标合同 |
[39:47] | on minority-owned businesses winning no-bid contracts. | 只有九年的有效期限 |
[39:50] | Liz, 40% of our business | 莉兹 我们百分之四十的生意曾是 |
[39:55] | – were governmental contracts and they’re gone. Forever. – Okay. | -政府合同 现在永远都没了 -好吧 |
[39:57] | So we’re diversifying; that’s how we survive. | 所以我们只能多方面发展 这才是生存之道 |
[40:00] | That’s how we pay for the pro bono work, | 这就是我们提供法律援助的代价 |
[40:01] | the volunteer work, everything. | 提供志愿者工作和其他东西的代价 |
[40:03] | We’re building a company for the future, | 我们是为了未来在建立这家律所 |
[40:05] | and not just for the next five years, for the next 50 years. | 不光光是指未来五年 这是为了未来五十年 |
[40:08] | Adrian, you act like I am arguing with you and I am not. | 阿德里安 别弄得像我跟你吵架 我没有 |
[40:12] | All I know is that we may not want to pick at that scab, | 我只知道也许我们不会故意挑事 |
[40:16] | but someone else will. | 但其他人或许会 |
[40:35] | You talked to the partners? | 你已经和合伙人谈过了吗 |
[40:37] | – Yep. – How’d that go? | -是的 -谈得怎么样 |
[40:42] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[40:43] | Sharing information with the firm. | 和全律所的人分享信息 |
[40:45] | – About? – Salaries. | -什么信息 -薪资信息 |
[40:48] | That’s not gonna go over well. | 这事可不好收场 |
[40:50] | Yep. | 没错 |
[40:57] | You’re looking for loyalty from me, Mr. Peters. | 你想从我这获取忠诚 彼得斯先生 |
[41:01] | Well, Marissa stood by me. | 但梅丽莎一直支持着我 |
[41:05] | The head of the DNC tried to get her to turn on me, | 民主党国委会主席像让她反过来对付我 |
[41:08] | and she told him off. | 但她拒绝了 |
[41:11] | This is beyond Democrat or Republican. | 这和民主党或共和党无关 |
[41:14] | It’s Proverbs, chapter three: | 如同《箴言》中第三章写道的 |
[41:17] | “Never let go of loyalty and faithfulness. | “永远不可让忠心诚实离开你 |
[41:22] | Tie them around your neck; | 将它们系在你的颈项上 |
[41:24] | and write them on your heart.” | 刻在你的心上” |
[41:28] | So this is written on my heart. | 这就是我心中镌刻的话 |
[41:33] | If you don’t want Marissa, you don’t want me. | 如果你们不想要梅丽莎 那我也不会留下 |
[41:40] | Thank you for letting us know. | 谢谢你让我们知晓 |
[41:42] | Take care. | 保重 |
[41:53] | Damn! | 该死 |
[41:55] | 员工薪资清单 雷迪克&博斯曼&洛哈特律所 | |
[42:33] | They have better pay, better positions. | 他们的薪资更高 职位更高 |
[42:36] | I’m sorry. Who does? | 不好意思 谁的 |
[42:37] | The white associates. | 白人律师们 |
[42:40] | I’m not surprised. | 我早料到了 |
[42:41] | Look at the clients they’re going after. | 看看他们手上负责的客户 |
[42:43] | Right, this is not just Chumhum. | 没错 这可不单指查查网 |
[42:44] | When’s the last police brutality case we took on? | 我们上一次接警方暴力执法的案子是什么时候 |
[42:46] | And Jenna’s office. | 还有詹娜的办公室 |
[42:47] | They took it from her and give it to Maia. | 他们从她手里抢来给了玛娅 |
[42:50] | Wait a minute. She only got that office temporarily. | 等一下 她当时只是暂用那间办公室 |
[42:51] | Why are you defending them? | 你干嘛替他们说话 |
[42:52] | That’s right. Marissa is taking your job. | 没错 梅丽莎都要抢你的饭碗了 |
[42:54] | Oh, I know for a fact | 我只知道 |
[42:55] | that all the white associates are going to Marissa | 所有的白人律师都去找梅丽莎调查案子资料 |
[42:58] | with their cases and not you. | 而不是找你 |
[43:00] | And if I have to jump six feet to get the same thing | 别人付出正常努力就能得到的东西 |
[43:02] | you have to jump two feet for– well, then that’s racism. | 我要付出三倍的努力才行 这就是种族歧视 |
[43:06] | Has anyone seen Marissa? | 你们看见梅丽莎了吗 |
[43:11] | Probably busy. | 可能忙着呢 |
[43:13] | But Jay is here. | 但杰在这啊 |
[43:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:19] | That’s who got Jenna’s office. | 那就是抢走詹娜办公室的人 |
[43:21] | Trust fund baby kicked her out. | 信托基金小公主赶走了她 |
[43:33] | She was happy. | 她当时很开心 |
[43:34] | People didn’t know, or the ones who did, didn’t care. | 大家都不知道 可能知道的人也不在乎 |
[43:38] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么 |
[43:39] | Sabrina has a sister who’s transitioning. | 萨布丽娜有个妹妹 正在变性过程中 |
[43:41] | The alt-right came out against her. | 但另类右翼跳出来辱骂她 |
[43:43] | They said she’s demented, | 他们说她已经精神错乱了 |
[43:45] | perverted, castrated. | 堕落了 被阉割了 |
[43:47] | They posted her photo everywhere. | 他们把她的照片贴得到处都是 |
[43:49] | – Who, who did? – Someone called P-Anon. | -是谁 谁干的 -匿名左派 |
[43:52] | They spray-painted her house, “Move or die.” | 他们在她房子上喷漆 写了”不搬走就死” |
[43:55] | I don’t know if I’m more scared someone will kill her, | 我都不知道我到底更害怕有人会杀了她 |
[43:57] | or she’ll kill herself. | 还是更害怕她会自杀 |
[43:59] | Sabrina wants to make a statement. | 萨布丽娜想发出一个声明 |
[44:02] | I want to get everyone out to vote. | 我希望让所有人都来投票 |
[44:04] | You two were right. | 你们俩说得没错 |
[44:06] | You can’t stay neutral. | 你不可能保持中立 |
[44:08] | No. | 没错 |
[44:10] | Rachelle. | 蕾切尔 |
[44:13] | This was you, wasn’t it? | 这事是你干的 不是吗 |
[44:15] | Going after Sabrina’s trans sister? | 去骚扰萨布丽娜的变性妹妹 |
[44:16] | Why? Did it work? | 怎么了 有用吗 |
[44:18] | It devastated her. | 她已经吓坏了 |
[44:19] | Is that what you wanted? | 这就是你想要的效果吗 |
[44:20] | No, but is she making a statement? | 不是 但她是准备发出声明了吧 |
[44:22] | Yes, she’s disgusted. | 是的 她被恶心坏了 |
[44:26] | It worked! Sabrina’s speaking out. | 起作用了 萨布丽娜要发表声明了 |
[44:30] | You put those words in P-Anon’s mouth? | 是你假装匿名左派说那些话的吗 |
[44:32] | Of course I did. That was the whole point. | 当然是我 只有这样才会有用 |
[44:33] | You smeared her trans sister. | 你诋毁了她的变性妹妹 |
[44:35] | We had to get Sabrina to commit. | 我们必须让萨布丽娜站边 |
[44:38] | The alt-right would’ve done it if we didn’t. | 我们不做的话另类右翼就会出手 |
[44:39] | – But they didn’t. – Yet. Diane. | -但他们没有 -暂时而已 戴安 |
[44:42] | We said up front: do what works. | 我们事先说过 只要管用就行 |
[44:45] | Well, this worked. | 确实管用了 |
[44:46] | Sabrina’s gonna get 200,000 kids to register. | 萨布丽娜会发动20万的青年去注册投票 |
[44:49] | And in all the right states. | 而且都是在红州 |
[44:51] | This is good. | 这很好 |
[44:52] | You did good. | 你做得不错 |
[45:02] | All right, all right. | 行了 行了 |
[45:03] | Okay. All right. All right! | 好了 好了 停停 |
[45:05] | All right. All right. | 安静 安静 |
[45:06] | We cannot address any of these concerns if we can’t hear you. | 如果我们不知道你们想说什么就没法解决问题 |
[45:10] | Kevin, you’re first. What? | 凯文 你先说 什么事 |
[45:12] | Why are so many of the new hires white? | 为什么新雇了那么多白人 |
[45:14] | We made offers to a number of African-American graduates | 我们向一些非裔美国毕业生发出邀请函 |
[45:17] | who decided they didn’t want to move to Chicago. | 他们决定不想搬到芝加哥来 |
[45:19] | That’s just what happened. | 事情就是这样 |
[45:20] | But the new white associates | 但是新来的白人律师 |
[45:21] | are earning more than the black ones. | 比新来的黑人律师挣得要多 |
[45:22] | Salaries are driven by seniority, Lucca. | 薪水是按资历发放的 卢卡 |
[45:25] | Now, this year, all of our white recruits | 而今年 碰巧我们新来的 |
[45:27] | happen to have more experience. | 所有白人律师都比较有经验 |
[45:29] | The white attorneys favor the white staff. | 白人律师偏爱白人职员 |
[45:31] | Look at the investigators; | 看看调查员就知道了 |
[45:33] | the white lawyers always ask for Marissa. | 白人律师总是去找梅丽莎 |
[45:34] | Okay, we’ll look into that. | 好吧 我们会注意的 |
[45:36] | We will look into it. Anything else? | 我们会注意的 还有别的吗 |
[45:37] | What about what happened with Maia? | 玛娅那件事的处理方式又是怎么回事 |
[45:39] | Okay. Hold on. Let’s not overwhelm the partners. | 行了 等等 别把问题牵扯到合伙人身上 |
[45:41] | No. If this is about the spare office, | 不 如果是因为办公室的问题 |
[45:43] | we gave that office to Maia Rindell because of the work… | 我们把办公室给玛娅·林德尔是因为工… |
[45:45] | No. This is about her drug arrest. | 不 是说她携药被捕的事 |
[45:48] | Alan North got fired after one arrest. | 亚纶·诺斯因为一次被抓就被解雇了 |
[45:52] | Maia Rindell gets arrested, goes to trial, gets arrested again, | 玛娅·林德尔被抓过 上过庭 又被抓了 |
[45:55] | and you gave her a one-week suspension. | 而你们才让她停职一周 |
[45:58] | – Every case is different, Kevin. – She’s white. | -案子情况不同 凯文 -她是个白人 |
[46:00] | Isn’t that what’s different? | 是因为这点吗 |
[46:01] | Okay, wait. We haven’t decided whether to suspend her. | 等等 我们还没决定要不要给她停职 |
[46:05] | We were fact-finding. | 我们还在调查实情 |
[46:06] | And we’re voting on it today. | 我们今天准备进行投票 |
[46:08] | Something’s changed. | 情况不对劲 |
[46:10] | We all feel it. | 我们都觉察到了 |
[46:10] | We appreciate all your opinions. | 我们很感谢你们提出你们的意见 |
[46:13] | We will consider everything you’ve said very carefully, | 我们会认真考虑你们说的每句话 |
[46:16] | and get back to you as soon as we can. | 并且尽快给你们一个交代 |
[46:20] | Are you sticking with them? | 你还会回去吗 |
[46:22] | Yes. | 会 |
[46:23] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[46:25] | Why? | 为什么 |
[46:26] | Ah, they are effective. | 她们办事非常高效 |
[46:28] | Yep. | 没错 |
[46:29] | – Fuck you. – What the fuck did I do? | -去你的 -我他妈做了什么 |
[46:30] | Like you don’t know. | 少在这里装蒜 |
[46:31] | Kevin, can you not just talk to me? | 凯文 你能不能别和我说话 |
[46:33] | Do you honestly think that you should be | 你真的觉得你应该挣得 |
[46:34] | making more money than me? | 比我多 |
[46:35] | That’s not my decision. | 又不是我说了算 |
[46:54] | All right. | 好了 |
[46:56] | So we said we would reconvene, we are reconvening. | 我们说过我们会再开会 现在开始吧 |
[47:00] | Here we are. | 开始吧 |
[47:01] | – What’s going on? – A number of people think | -发生了什么 -有些人觉得 |
[47:03] | we’re being inconsistent with our punishment for Maia. | 我们对玛娅的惩罚有些前后矛盾 |
[47:06] | So we’re voting on it right now. | 所以我们现在投票 |
[47:07] | I say we do the same thing that we did to Alan North. | 我提议对她做出和亚纶·诺斯一样的决定 |
[47:10] | We relieve her of her position with cause. | 我们有理由解除她的职务 |
[47:12] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[47:13] | I thought we decided on a punishment for Maia. | 我以为我们已经做好惩罚玛娅的决定了 |
[47:16] | A one-week suspension. | 停职一周 |
[47:18] | No, we said we were waiting for her drug test. | 不 我们说的是等着她的药检结果 |
[47:20] | And? And what was her drug test? | 那她的药检结果如何 |
[47:22] | It came back clean. | 药检没问题 |
[47:23] | No, it came back inconclusive. | 不 结果不能确定 |
[47:25] | I say we vote. Now. | 我提议投票 就现在 |
[47:27] | Our Rules of Corporate Governance | 我们律所的治理理念 |
[47:29] | call for it to be put to a vote | 要求我们进行投票 |
[47:30] | whether an associate’s employment is to be terminated. | 是否中止律师雇员的受雇资格 |
[47:34] | I vote for firing. | 我投解雇票 |
[47:35] | Wait. We have no concrete proof that she used those drugs. | 等等 我们没有确凿证据证明她用过那些药 |
[47:38] | At a minimum, Diane, she showed bad judgment. | 戴安 至少表明她判断力很差 |
[47:41] | To carry around a box of illegally obtained | 非法携带一盒 |
[47:43] | Schedule C drugs in her car? | C类药品在她的车里 |
[47:45] | Well, in that case I should be removed for cause, as well. | 这么说的话 我也应该有理由被解雇 |
[47:49] | I carried illegally obtained psilocybin, | 我车里也有非法获得的 |
[47:52] | a Schedule C drug, in my car. | C类毒品 迷幻蘑菇 |
[47:54] | If we’re being consistent, then I should be fired. | 如果我们要贯彻一致性的话 我也该被解雇 |
[47:56] | You’re a partner, Diane, | 你是合伙人 戴安 |
[47:58] | you have protections an associate doesn’t. | 你受到普通律师没有的保护 |
[48:00] | And, I recall, you voted against Alan. | 我提醒你 你之前给亚纶投了反对票 |
[48:03] | Let’s vote now. | 开始投票吧 |
[48:04] | But, Adrian, why are we rushing this? | 可是 阿德里安 我们着什么急 |
[48:07] | We had a consortium of associates complain | 我们有一群同事在抱怨 |
[48:09] | about disparities in pay, | 工资差距以及 |
[48:10] | disparities in handling infractions, Diane. | 对违规行为处理双标 戴安 |
[48:12] | They think the disparities were based on race. | 他们觉得这种差异是基于肤色的 |
[48:14] | – But they aren’t. – I said that, too. | -但并非如此 -我也这么说过 |
[48:16] | But the difference is, I didn’t believe it. | 但是不同的是 我自己都不相信 |
[48:19] | Well, then why didn’t you say something at the time? | 那你当时为什么不说点什么 |
[48:21] | This is a young woman’s life | 这可是位年轻女性的人生 |
[48:23] | – for God’s sake. – Okay. Okay, everybody. Okay. | -我的天呐 -好了 好了 大家 |
[48:24] | Let’s not try and settle all our racial issues | 别想在这次纪律委员会中 |
[48:27] | – in this disciplinary committee. – Okay. | -解决掉所有的种族问题 -好吧 |
[48:31] | Should we suspend Maia Rindell for a week, | 我们应该给玛娅·林德尔停职一周 |
[48:34] | or should we be consistent? | 还是应该贯彻一致性 |
[48:36] | – Oh, come on. – You’re right. | -不是吧 -你说得对 |
[48:37] | Strike that. Or should we fire her with cause? | 我收回 还是应该有理由解雇她 |
[48:41] | All those in favor of suspension… | 同意停职的… |
[48:46] | Five for suspension. | 五票同意停职 |
[48:49] | All those in favor of removing Maia from her position… | 同意解除玛娅职务的… |
[49:02] | Six for removal. | 六票同意解雇 |
[49:08] | Adrian. | 阿德里安 |
[49:10] | Abstain. | 我弃权 |
[50:12] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[50:17] | Is everything all right? | 一切都还好吗 |
[50:22] | No. | 不好 |
[50:36] | The disciplinary committee voted. | 纪律委员会投票结束了 |
[50:43] | And? | 结果呢 |
[50:48] | You’ve been fired. | 你被解雇了 |