时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Admit it. | 就承认吧 |
[00:10] | You like having me here. | 你们喜欢我在这儿 |
[00:13] | I mean, you didn’t think you would. | 一开始谁都没想到 |
[00:15] | But then, gradually, you realized | 但你们渐渐意识到 |
[00:18] | that Blum is like a shot in the arm. | 布鲁姆就像一剂猛药 |
[00:21] | And, let me just also say, | 我还想说 |
[00:23] | I did not walk into your office with lofty expectations. | 我来你们办公室的时候本没报多大期待 |
[00:28] | But since I’ve been here, I’ve… been impressed. | 但从到这儿开始 我被震撼了 |
[00:31] | Everybody I’ve met here is competent, | 我碰到的所有人都足够能干 |
[00:34] | clean, and articulate. | 整洁 措辞清晰 |
[00:36] | So, kudos. | 比心 |
[00:38] | But I’ve also noticed what you lack. | 但我也注意到了你们还缺什么 |
[00:42] | And that – if I may be so crass – | 那就是 容我说句不好听的 |
[00:45] | is balls. | 缺胆子 |
[00:48] | Balls? | 胆子吗 |
[00:48] | Yes. Balls. | 对 胆子 |
[00:50] | And that’s why I’m crashing your little… | 这就是为什么我会闯进… |
[00:52] | end-of-year meeting here. | 你们的年度会议 |
[00:54] | You are all good at working within the rules. | 你们都擅长照规矩做事 |
[00:57] | But there’s a reason why rules don’t benefit | 但规矩之所以不利于你我 |
[00:59] | people like you and me. | 是有原因的 |
[01:01] | We’re not part of the establishment. | 我们不是权贵人士 |
[01:04] | There’s a lot of hate out there towards you. | 有很多人恨你们 |
[01:07] | So why be nice to them? | 为什么要回报以善意呢 |
[01:09] | I believe it was Dr. King who said, | 我记得这话是金博士说的 |
[01:12] | “Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil.” | “善行与恶行皆会招致怨憎” |
[01:18] | And that is why you need someone out there with, uh, | 这就是为什么 你需要一个 |
[01:21] | the hairy chesters to fight. | 勇士来战斗 |
[01:25] | Well, I’m ready and I’m willing. | 我愿意 也准备好了 |
[01:27] | So, what exactly… | 你到底… |
[01:31] | is it that you’re proposing? | 想提议什么 |
[01:32] | I’ve decided to join the firm. | 我决定加入律所 |
[01:35] | Well, not as a name partner, of course. | 当然不是冠名合伙人 |
[01:38] | Not at first. | 至少最开始不是 |
[01:40] | But I think it’s obvious | 但我觉得 很明显 |
[01:41] | that we got something good going on here. | 我们之间搞得还不错 |
[01:43] | Wow, Roland. You’ve given us… | 罗兰 这真是… |
[01:45] | a lot to chew on. | 让人很难消化 |
[01:47] | Yeah, I’d like an answer now. | 我现在就要一个答案 |
[01:48] | Well, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:49] | We have to follow protocol. | 我们有规章要遵循 |
[01:51] | You understand. | 你也理解 |
[01:52] | Just give us some time to confer. | 给我们点时间商量一下 |
[01:55] | Sure. | 行 |
[01:57] | Enjoy your meat. | 吃得愉快 |
[01:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:03] | Miss me? | 想我了吗 |
[02:05] | That man is crazy. | 那男的疯了 |
[02:07] | And when did Dr. King say a-anything remotely like that? | 金博士什么时候说过那句话了 都挨不着边 |
[02:11] | It’s Machiavelli. | 是马基雅维利 |
[02:12] | – Yeah. – Of course it is. | -没错 -那是当然 |
[02:14] | Well, as far as I’m concerned, that man is a cancer | 就我而言 那男的就是癌症 |
[02:16] | and we got to get him out of here immediately. | 我们得迅速把他赶出去 |
[02:17] | Obviously, | 很明显 |
[02:18] | the sun would have to burn up | 太阳燃尽了 |
[02:20] | before we make Roland Blum a partner. But… | 我们都不可能让罗兰·布鲁姆入伙 但 |
[02:24] | There is no “But.” | 没什么”但是” |
[02:24] | But… if we tell him now, he goes ballistic. | 但是如果我们现在告诉他 会把他惹毛 |
[02:28] | Let’s just let him finish his work on Second Helix | 等他弄完了第二螺旋的案子 |
[02:30] | while we figure out the exit strategies. | 我们再考虑下一步对策 |
[02:32] | So we string him along? | 我们要拖着吗 |
[02:33] | Till we find a way to just… | 得等我们找到个温和的办法 |
[02:35] | ease his ass out the door. | 能把他送出门去时再说 |
[02:37] | We need to get his work accelerated on Second Helix. | 我们得让他提高下第二螺旋案的工作效率 |
[02:40] | This is crazy. | 太不像话了 |
[02:42] | I’ll take care of it. | 我来解决 |
[02:43] | *…by shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, baby shark* | *鲨鱼宝宝 嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟 鲨鱼宝宝* |
[02:46] | *Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, baby sh…* | *嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟 鲨鱼宝宝* |
[02:48] | Uh, Francesca, I will call you back, okay? Bye. | 弗朗西斯卡 我一会儿打给你好吗 再见 |
[02:52] | Hi, Diane. Everything all right? | 戴安 有什么事吗 |
[02:55] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[02:56] | Uh, listen, uh, you’re on hold with the Sweeney divorce. | 斯威尼的离婚案暂停了对吧 |
[02:59] | Yes. | 对 |
[03:00] | Just for a week. | 就一周 |
[03:01] | Continuance. Why? | 延期了 怎么了 |
[03:03] | So, um… | 就是… |
[03:06] | you know your neighbor across the hall? | 你认识你对门的邻居吗 |
[03:08] | When I say the 18th, i mean the 18th! | 我说18世纪的 就是18世纪的 |
[03:11] | Where Roland Blum… | 当罗兰·布鲁姆说… |
[03:14] | Listen, the partners need your help. | 合伙人需要你帮忙 |
[03:16] | We need you to supervise the Second Helix discovery. | 我们需要你监管第二螺旋的调查 |
[03:20] | Supervise? In what way? | 监管 怎么监管 |
[03:22] | Blum is stalling. | 布鲁姆在拖时间 |
[03:23] | He’s been here for three weeks, | 他都来了三周了 |
[03:24] | and he’s put in about two hours’ worth of work. | 就做了大概两小时的工作量 |
[03:28] | We need someone who can get the job done. | 我们需要个能把事情搞定的人 |
[03:31] | Let’s just get some second years and paralegals. | 找些第二年的律师和法务助理 |
[03:33] | Oh, we had four associates on it. | 我们有四个律师在帮忙 |
[03:36] | He sent them out on errands. | 他把他们都送出去跑闲差了 |
[03:38] | Blum is seductive. He… | 布鲁姆很有诱惑力 他… |
[03:40] | We-we need an adult in the room. | 我们需要点把持得住的人看着他 |
[03:41] | What? | 什么 |
[03:42] | What do you mean, what? My presentation. | 还能是什么 我的演讲如何 |
[03:45] | Oh. Oh. Good. Good. | 哦哦很好 |
[03:47] | We, um, just need to deliberate. | 我们需要考虑一下 |
[03:51] | Come on, Julius. | 得了 朱利叶斯 |
[03:53] | I was there for you with the judgeship. | 联邦法官的事我帮了你一把 |
[03:55] | Be there for me. | 你也帮帮我 |
[03:58] | we need to take a vote. | 我们得投票 |
[04:00] | Bringing in a new partner is a… | 新合伙人的决定… |
[04:02] | It’s not a simple matter. | 不是那么容易通过的 |
[04:04] | So, who’s for me | 那么谁赞成我 |
[04:06] | and who’s against me? | 谁反对我呢 |
[04:09] | Uh, I’m not sure that’s clear. | 我觉得大家还没表态 |
[04:12] | Okay. Good. | 好的 好的 |
[04:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:18] | I work all day with liars, big and small. | 我每天都和大大小小的骗子一起 |
[04:21] | It’s good practice. | 锻炼得不少 |
[04:23] | He’s lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[04:24] | Are you talking to me? | 你在和我说话吗 |
[04:28] | Liz, one second. | 莉兹 等等 |
[04:32] | Diane, you two should really hear this walk-in. | 戴安 你俩都得见见这个不请自来的人 |
[04:36] | What is it? | 怎么 |
[04:37] | It’s a class action about the 2016 presidential election. | 2016总统选举的集体诉讼 |
[04:41] | That lady voted for Hillary. | 那位女士投的希拉里 |
[04:43] | The voting machine registered her vote for Trump. | 投票机登记成了特朗普 |
[04:47] | – On a paperless voting machine? – Yeah. | -无纸化投票机吗 -对 |
[04:49] | But… there’s evidence. | 但这个有证据 |
[04:50] | Okay, so… | 好了 那么… |
[04:51] | What’s the evidence? | 什么证据 |
[04:52] | This is to document what just happened. | 这是为了记录刚才发生的事 |
[04:54] | I voted an all-Democratic ticket. | 我投的是纯民主党的票 |
[04:56] | Gives me the option, as you see here. | 你也能看到 选项在这里 |
[04:58] | So I did. | 所以我选了 |
[04:59] | And then I scrolled down, | 然后我往下拉 |
[05:01] | and the machine mixed up my votes. | 发现机器混淆了我的投票 |
[05:03] | Some Democrat, some Republican. | 有的是民主党 有的是共和党 |
[05:05] | And then, at the bottom, | 然后 在最下面 |
[05:06] | it’s got me voting for Trump. | 把我的票投给了特朗普 |
[05:09] | This is a voting machine without a paper ballot, | 这是一个无纸化的投票机 |
[05:11] | so there’s no record. | 所以没有记录 |
[05:13] | And the poll watcher just told me | 而监票员告诉我 |
[05:14] | there’s nothing I can do about this. | 我没有办法改变什么 |
[05:16] | Apparently, there are other voters who reported the same problem. | 很明显 还有其它投票人反应了同样的情况 |
[05:19] | So she’s suing the state? | 所以她要告州政府 |
[05:20] | No. She’s suing Kohl-Flores, | 不 她要告科尔弗洛里斯 |
[05:22] | the manufacturer of the voting machine. | 投票机的制造商 |
[05:25] | – Oh, so for faulty design. -Right. | -设计缺陷 -是的 |
[05:27] | Product liability. Not a bad way to go. | 产品责任 角度不错 |
[05:30] | Apparently, the same machines are being used in 2020. | 很明显 2020年大选要用同样的设备 |
[05:34] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[05:35] | Mona, these are the partners I told you about. | 莫娜 这两位是我跟你提过的合伙人 |
[05:38] | Ms. Reddick, Diane Lockhart. | 雷迪克女士 戴安·洛哈特女士 |
[05:40] | And this is Mona’s friend… | 这位是莫娜的朋友 |
[05:42] | Rachelle Max. | 蕾切尔·麦克斯 |
[05:44] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[05:44] | I’ve heard great things about you two. | 久仰二位的大名 |
[05:47] | I told Mona one of the reasons I wanted her to move her case here | 我告诉莫娜 我想把案转到贵所的原因之一 |
[05:50] | is that I’ve heard such great things about the activism here. | 就是我对你们的积极行动早有耳闻 |
[05:53] | Ms. Max works as a pollster at, uh… | 麦克斯女士是一位民意测验专家… |
[05:55] | DLE Strategies. | DLE战略公司 |
[05:56] | Mona was unhappy with her first legal team. Weren’t you? | 莫娜跟她原来的法律团队有点不愉快 是吧 |
[06:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:01] | They didn’t seem to take it seriously. | 他们似乎并不重视 |
[06:04] | How far along is your case? | 你的案子进展到什么程度了 |
[06:05] | We have a hearing this afternoon on discovery. | 我们今天下午要进行举证听证会 |
[06:09] | – Liz, do you have a minute? – Yeah. | -莉兹 单独讨论一下 -好的 |
[06:12] | If you have any questions, I can answer them. | 如果你们有什么问题 我可以解答 |
[06:13] | Uh, no, I think we’d like to discuss this. | 不 我们要先讨论一下 |
[06:19] | We’ll be right back. | 失陪一下 |
[06:28] | I know this is a rush, but this is a good case | 我知道这有点匆忙 但确实是个好案子 |
[06:30] | with a really smart legal strategy. | 法律策略也非常精明 |
[06:33] | This company is sending malfunctioning voting machines | 这家公司要把有故障的投票机 |
[06:35] | into the black community. | 设立在黑人社区 |
[06:38] | Seems like something you would jump at. | 应该是你们会抢着要的案子 |
[06:39] | Okay. I-I just need a minute. | 好的 稍等我一下 |
[06:41] | Yeah. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[06:45] | What… | 什么情况 |
[06:46] | – What the fuck? – What the fuck what? | -搞什么鬼 -哪里搞鬼了 |
[06:48] | I’m bringing you a good case. | 我给你们带来一个好案子 |
[06:50] | These crappy voting machines go to African-American districts | 这些破投票机要安置在非裔美国人地区 |
[06:52] | and miscount the votes. | 削减那里的票数 |
[06:54] | Mona needs the best possible lawyers. That’s you. | 莫娜需要最好的律师 那就是你们 |
[06:57] | Then come to us first. | 那就先跟我们打招呼 |
[06:58] | Don’t just surprise us. | 别搞突然袭击 |
[07:00] | Wait a minute. Fight Club rules. | 等一下 俱乐部规矩 |
[07:03] | We do not talk about Book Club. | 我们不能提到”书友会” |
[07:05] | – Yeah, well, this is complicated for us. – No. Wait. | -这对我们来说很复杂 -不 等下 |
[07:07] | If you don’t want the case, say no. | 如果你们不想接这个案子 那就拒绝 |
[07:09] | But this case could be good for the resistance and your firm. | 但是这对于反对执政党和你们律所都有利 |
[07:11] | So I really don’t understand the problem. | 所以我不理解有什么问题 |
[07:13] | My problem is not knowing | 我的问题是不知道 |
[07:14] | whether I am representing the client or the Book Club. | 自己究竟是在代理委托人还是代理书友会 |
[07:17] | The client. | 委托人 |
[07:18] | But this case could stop the other side | 但是这个案子能阻止对手 |
[07:19] | from corrupting the vote in 2020. | 在2020年大选投票舞弊 |
[07:21] | So that’s good. | 所以是件好事 |
[07:23] | And you’re letting your hurt feelings get in the way. | 你们让自己受伤的小心灵误了大事 |
[07:42] | You, uh… | 你… |
[07:43] | you supposed to be in here? | 你应该在这里吗 |
[07:46] | This isn’t even evidence. | 这连证据都不是 |
[07:49] | These are legal invoices sent over | 这些是对方律所为了迷惑我们 |
[07:50] | by the opposing firm to distract us. | 送过来的合法发票 |
[07:53] | Well, we still got to go through it. | 我们还是要看一遍 |
[07:55] | Uh, no, we don’t. Because… | 不 不用 因为 |
[07:57] | I just did. | 我刚看过了 |
[08:01] | This is our evidence. | 这是我们的证据 |
[08:02] | This is the case that we won against Second Helix, | 这是我们赢了第二螺旋的案子 |
[08:06] | so we don’t need to review it. | 所以不需要审查 |
[08:07] | But you don’t know that. | 但是你可说不准 |
[08:08] | They might have, uh, | 这里面也许 |
[08:10] | mingled other evidence in there with it. | 混进去了其它证据 |
[08:12] | No one does that. | 没人那样做 |
[08:14] | I do that. | 我就那样 |
[08:15] | Okay, Mr. Blum, | 好了 布鲁姆先生 |
[08:16] | so, here’s the thing. | 事情是这样的 |
[08:17] | You’re wanting to delay this. | 你想拖延这个案子 |
[08:19] | I was put on this case to hurry it. | 我是派来督办的 |
[08:21] | And who’s more likely to make mistakes, | 而且谁更有可能犯错误 |
[08:22] | the person who hurries it | 是着急督办的人 |
[08:23] | or the person who doesn’t? | 还是不着急的人 |
[08:24] | We’re not feet-dragging here. | 我们不允许拖拖拉拉 |
[08:26] | Not anymore. | 以后都不行 |
[08:26] | And that is why i brought my, uh… my associate along. | 所以我让我的律师过来了 |
[08:34] | Yeah, this is the associate part of Roland Blum & Associates. | 这位就是罗兰·布鲁姆&律师事务所的律师 |
[08:38] | Gary Carr. | 加里·卡尔 |
[08:40] | Lucca Quinn. | 卢卡·奎恩 |
[08:41] | Oh, so he gets your name and I don’t? | 他能知道你名字我就不能 |
[08:42] | That’s reverse racism. | 这是逆向种族歧视 |
[08:44] | As I was just telling Mr. Blum, | 我刚才告诉布鲁姆先生 |
[08:47] | we need to move faster. | 我们要加速 |
[08:48] | Gary’s been saying that the whole time. | 加里也一直这么说 |
[08:50] | Haven’t you, Gary? | 是不是 加里 |
[08:51] | I, uh… Actually, I just thought I was here to observe. | 我…我以为我就是来这观察的 |
[08:54] | Oh, you were. | 你以前是 |
[08:55] | But now it’s all hands on deck. | 但是现在要动手实践了 |
[08:57] | We just got scolded for not working fast enough. | 我们刚刚因为工作进度不够快挨训了 |
[09:00] | Well, not scolded. I just… | 不是训你们 我只是… |
[09:01] | I thought we could more carefully divide up the workload. | 我认为我们应该更细致地分配工作任务 |
[09:04] | Sounds good. | 好主意 |
[09:05] | Gary’s smart. Oh. A prodigy. | 加里很聪明 奇才 |
[09:08] | Harvard Law Review at 23. | 23岁就在《哈佛法律评论》发表文章了 |
[09:10] | Please, Mr. Blum… | 布鲁姆先生 拜托… |
[09:11] | Stop with the humility. You’re too nice a guy. | 别谦虚了 你这人就是太好了 |
[09:13] | What do I always say? | 我说什么来着 |
[09:14] | Kindness is hypocrisy. | 善良就是虚伪 |
[09:16] | Yeah, he was shortlisted for Kagan’s law clerk, | 他被提名为卡根的法律助理 |
[09:19] | but he wanted to give back to the community. | 但是他想回馈社区 |
[09:21] | So he became a community organizer in Baltimore. | 所以他当了巴尔的摩的一名社区组织者 |
[09:27] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[09:29] | So, I think the best thing here is to find the real cases, | 我认为最好是找到真正的案子 |
[09:33] | because a lot of this is depo dump filler. | 因为这里面有很多无关证据 |
[09:35] | Whatever I can do to help. | 我会尽我所能帮助你 |
[09:37] | Gary wanted to know what it’s like | 加里想知道 |
[09:38] | to work in a-an African-American firm. | 在非裔美国人律所工作是怎样的 |
[09:41] | He’s only ever worked in white firms. | 他以前只在白人律所工作过 |
[09:43] | Yeah. What is it? | 喂 什么事 |
[09:45] | I told you, an hour late. | 我告诉过你了 一个小时后 |
[09:47] | Shut up. Shut up! | 闭嘴 闭嘴 |
[09:50] | I’m fucking coming! | 我现在就他妈过来 |
[09:51] | Geez. | 天啊 |
[09:53] | It’s my 2:00 hummer. | 我两点有个口活 |
[09:55] | I’ll be back. | 我待会回来 |
[09:56] | Now, you two– behave. | 你们两个 要乖哦 |
[10:02] | He’s not drinking it. You want it? | 他不喝了 你要喝吗 |
[10:04] | Is it tequila? | 是龙舌兰吗 |
[10:06] | No, but I can find some. | 不是 但我能找一点 |
[10:07] | No, I’m-I’m fine. Maybe later. | 不 我不喝 待会吧 |
[10:10] | Let’s divide these up into circuits. | 我们把巡回法庭的挑出来 |
[10:13] | How long have you worked with Blum? | 你跟布鲁姆一起工作多久了 |
[10:15] | A week. | 一周 |
[10:16] | Okay, I hope you’re not offended… | 好吧 我希望没有冒犯到你 |
[10:18] | I hope I am. | 希望没有 |
[10:20] | You just don’t seem like the Blum type. | 你看起来不像布鲁姆那类人 |
[10:22] | How did you two get connected? | 你们是怎么认识的 |
[10:25] | I wanted to see what corporate law was like. | 我想了解公司法是怎么样的 |
[10:28] | Well, Blum is not… | 那布鲁姆可不是… |
[10:30] | the best example of corporate law. | 公司法的最佳典范律师 |
[10:34] | Are you? | 那你是吗 |
[10:42] | Oh, no, that’s-that’s… that’s circuit. | 不 那… 那是巡回法庭的 |
[10:52] | Your Honor, this is a nuisance claim. | 法官阁下 这是妨害被告利益的诉讼 |
[10:55] | There was a free and fair election. | 那是自由公平的选举 |
[10:56] | No, there should be a free and fair election. | 不 那本该是自由公平的选举 |
[10:59] | Can I finish, Your Honor? | 我能把话说完吗 法官阁下 |
[11:00] | Yeah, let’s just all let each other finish. | 是的 让所有人把话讲完 |
[11:02] | The plaintiff, or, | 原告 或者说 |
[11:04] | more likely, the plaintiff’s attorneys | 多半是原告的律师们 |
[11:05] | as part of a Democratic party strategy, | 作为民主党战略的一部分 |
[11:08] | are in here seeking to have it undercut. | 在想方设法削减对方势力 |
[11:10] | With all due respect, Your Honor, | 恕我直言 法官阁下 |
[11:11] | a black woman’s right to vote | 一位黑人女性的投票权 |
[11:13] | being characterized as a nuisance is offensive. | 被说成是妨害他人利益 非常冒犯 |
[11:16] | Especially given the blood that was shed to secure it. | 尤其是为了争取这一权利做出了巨大牺牲 |
[11:19] | You know, that’s one race card showing. | 已经亮出一张种族牌了 |
[11:20] | You looking for a pair? | 你想凑个对子吗 |
[11:21] | Oh, my God. There’s no cameras here. | 我的天啊 这里没有摄像头 |
[11:23] | No one’s gonna read a transcript. Okay? | 没有人会看商议记录 好吗 |
[11:25] | It’s just us. So let’s just all of us talk, okay? | 只有我们 大家都各抒己见 行吗 |
[11:29] | We agree, Your Honor. | 我们同意 法官阁下 |
[11:30] | But to talk, we need discovery first. | 但在谈之前 我们首先需要证据 |
[11:33] | We just want a full accounting of which | 我们只想要一个详细记录 |
[11:35] | voting machines were designated to which precincts, | 哪些投票机被放到哪些选区 |
[11:38] | how many of those voting machines malfunctioned, | 有多少投票机失灵了 |
[11:41] | who that helped, | 维护了谁的利益 |
[11:42] | and who that hurt. | 又损害了谁的利益 |
[11:43] | I’m not sure that data even exists. | 我不确定有没有那个数据 |
[11:45] | Your Honor, we are perfectly willing to work with raw data | 法官阁下 我们非常愿意使用原始数据 |
[11:48] | and make whatever statistical analysis irrelevant ourselves. | 然后自己来排除统计分析的干扰 |
[11:52] | Right, that’s not an unreasonable request, Ms. Sukonick. | 这不是个无理的请求 萨科尼克女士 |
[11:56] | your client is, uh, directed to provide said information forthwith. | 你的当事人需要立即提供上述信息 |
[11:59] | Your Honor, the people have made their will clear at the ballot box. | 法官阁下 人们已经在投票箱清楚表明意愿 |
[12:01] | we will also need the software architecture | 我们还需要这些投票机的 |
[12:04] | of these voting machines, Your Honor, | 软件构架 法官阁下 |
[12:05] | in order to know how the malfunction transpired. | 为了弄清楚故障是如何发生的 |
[12:09] | I’m guessing you have an objection, counselor, or your client does? | 律师 我猜你或是你的当事人要反对 |
[12:12] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[12:13] | That software is proprietary information and is therefore protected. | 软件属于专利信息受到保护 |
[12:17] | Ruckelshaus v. Monsanto. | 鲁克尔斯豪斯诉孟山都公司一案中判定 |
[12:18] | Okay. So, here’s what we’re gonna do. | 好的 所以我们要做的事是 |
[12:21] | Let’s take the next 24 hours to read up on Ruckelshaus, | 接下来24小时去研读鲁克尔斯豪斯案 |
[12:24] | and I’ll hear arguments here tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. | 明天下午三点我来听你们论证 |
[12:27] | And then I will decide | 然后我会决定 |
[12:28] | whether the software is subject to discovery. Good? | 是否把软件列为证据 行吗 |
[12:32] | Hey. What was that about? | 刚才是什么情况 |
[12:34] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[12:35] | The software. | 软件 |
[12:36] | Why do you need it? | 你要软件做什么 |
[12:38] | Not here. | 不能在这说 |
[12:44] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:44] | Blum is stalling. | 布鲁姆是在拖延 |
[12:46] | He’s not even looking at the depos. | 他甚至都没在看证据 |
[12:47] | He’s just shoving around paper. | 他只是把文件随处扔 |
[12:49] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢了 |
[12:50] | Yeah, but he has an associate working with him. | 但有位律师在跟他一起工作 |
[12:52] | Carr. He seems to be doing good work. | 卡尔 他看起来在好好工作 |
[12:55] | He’s smart. You know, he’s… | 他很聪明 你懂的 他… |
[12:56] | I think he’s taking it seriously. | 我觉得他在认真干活 |
[12:57] | Blum has an associate? | 布鲁姆还有律师 |
[12:59] | I know. | 我也奇怪 |
[13:00] | And he’s the total opposite of him. | 而且他跟他截然不同 |
[13:02] | We’ve gotten through four boxes in two hours. | 我们两个小时内整理了四箱文件 |
[13:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:05] | Do you mind spending another day on this? | 你介意多花一天时间监管吗 |
[13:07] | No, I don’t mind. | 不 不介意 |
[13:08] | Good. Thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[13:09] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[13:21] | He didn’t do his own singing, did he? | 那不是他本人唱的 是吗 |
[13:22] | No, I think he did. I don’t think they dubbed him. | 不 我觉得是 我想他们没有给他配音 |
[13:26] | Wow, he’s got such a great voice. | 哇 他的嗓音真好听 |
[13:28] | Yeah, he’s pretty amazing. | 是啊 他太棒了 |
[13:30] | Everything all right? | 一切都好吗 |
[13:32] | Yeah, I’ll be right back. | 没事 我待会回来 |
[13:37] | Hey, uh, Louisa? Goldie? Hi. | 嘿 露易莎 高蒂 |
[13:39] | What were you talking about just then? The singing? | 你们刚刚在谈论什么 什么歌声 |
[13:43] | Uh, on Downton Abbey. | 是《唐顿庄园》里的 |
[13:45] | We were just wondering if that was his own singing. | 我们只是想知道那是不是他本人唱的 |
[13:47] | Downton Abbey, the TV show? | 《唐顿庄园》 电视剧吗 |
[13:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:49] | Who are you talking about? | 你们是在谈论谁 |
[13:51] | Gary Carr. | 加里·卡尔 |
[13:52] | I don’t… He was on Downton Abbey? | 我不… 他演过《唐顿庄园》吗 |
[13:57] | I never watched it. | 我从没看过 |
[13:58] | Can you get me an autograph? | 你能给我搞张签名吗 |
[14:00] | He’s an actor? | 他是个演员吗 |
[14:01] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -是啊 |
[14:02] | Then what is… | 那他… |
[14:05] | he doing here? | 在这做什么 |
[14:09] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[14:10] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[14:11] | What? | 什么 |
[14:12] | Did Blum hire you to pretend to be a lawyer? | 是不是布鲁姆雇你来假扮律师 |
[14:15] | What? | 什么 |
[14:16] | Did Blum hire you to pretend to be a lawyer? | 是不是布鲁姆雇你来假扮律师 |
[14:19] | No. God, no. | 不 天啊 不是 |
[14:21] | But you’re an actor? | 但你是个演员 |
[14:24] | Yes. Yes, I’m an actor. | 对 对 我是个演员 |
[14:27] | It’s research. | 这是个调研 |
[14:28] | I’ve got a role in a law show. | 我得到了律政剧的一个角色 |
[14:30] | My manager knew Blum. | 我的经纪人认识布鲁姆 |
[14:31] | Fixed me up with him to follow him around. | 安排我跟着他 |
[14:33] | I-I didn’t know he was gonna actually pass me off as the real thing. | 我不知道他会把我当成真的律师对待 |
[14:35] | It’s… | 这… |
[14:37] | It’s-it’s funny. | 还挺有意思的 |
[14:46] | This is not Bring Your Little British Buddy to Work Day. | 今天不是”带你的英国小伙伴来工作”日 |
[14:49] | There are millions of dollars of judgments sitting on this table. | 这张桌子上的案子牵扯到数百美元 |
[14:52] | Lucca, I promise I was gonna tell you as soon as Blum left, | 卢卡 我想等布鲁姆离开后就会告诉你 |
[14:55] | but the timing was never right, | 但时机一直不对 |
[14:56] | and we actually got stuck into some real work. | 而且我们真的有工作要忙 |
[14:58] | I think you should wait in reception. | 我觉得你应该去前台等着 |
[15:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:05] | And don’t take anything with you. | 什么也别带走 |
[15:08] | Is that yours? | 那是你的吗 |
[15:09] | Then take it with you. | 那就带走 |
[15:21] | Mr. Carr, uh, can we take a photo with you? | 卡尔先生 我们能与您合照吗 |
[15:23] | Oh, sure. Yeah, okay. | 当然 来吧 |
[15:25] | Actors. | 演员 |
[15:27] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:28] | Hey! Upstairs! | 干嘛呢 上楼去 |
[15:30] | Reception’s upstairs! | 前台在楼上 |
[15:32] | Take direction. | 听指挥啊 |
[15:33] | God. | 天哪 |
[15:36] | Why don’t we wait until everyone’s here? | 不如我们等到所有人到齐 |
[15:38] | No, I think you need to tell us | 不 我觉得你得告诉我们 |
[15:39] | exactly what’s going on right now. | 现在究竟发生了什么 |
[15:41] | What did Valerie tell us | 瓦莱莉第一天 |
[15:42] | on the first day she brought us together? | 把我们聚集在一起时说了什么 |
[15:44] | Move fast, be smart, | 行动迅速 机智行事 |
[15:46] | attack, lie, don’t get caught. | 攻击 撒谎 别被抓住把柄 |
[15:48] | The new rules. | 新规则 |
[15:50] | So, what is the lie here? | 那你们有什么事瞒着我们 |
[15:54] | We’ve been working hard to peel off 70,000 votes | 我们一直致力于从特朗普的大本营中 |
[15:56] | from Trump’s base so he doesn’t win in 2020. | 挖走七万张选票 使其2020年无法当选 |
[15:59] | – Right. – But it’s not working. | -嗯 -但没有用 |
[16:00] | His approval rating’s gone up two points, | 他的支持率反而升了两个百分点 |
[16:02] | from 40% to 42%. | 从40%升到了42% |
[16:05] | Trump’s base is too strong. | 特朗普的大本营太坚定 |
[16:06] | Democrats don’t want to believe it | 民主党不愿相信 |
[16:07] | because they live in a bubble, | 因为他们与世隔绝 |
[16:08] | but Trump will probably win in 2020. | 但特朗普很可能在2020年连任 |
[16:11] | So we try harder. | 那我们就再努力些 |
[16:12] | – There’s an easier way. – What? | -还有个更简单的办法 -什么 |
[16:14] | We hack the voting machines. | 我们黑进计票器 |
[16:19] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[16:20] | We hack the voting machines. | 我们黑进投票机 |
[16:22] | We insert malware into them. | 在投票机中植入恶意软件 |
[16:24] | But we need the machine software in order to do it. | 但我们需要拿到投票机软件才能动手 |
[16:32] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你跟我开国际玩笑呢 |
[18:20] | When we started, | 当我们开始时 |
[18:21] | we agreed we would do what was necessary to win. | 大家都同意要不惜一切代价获胜 |
[18:24] | Well, this is necessary. | 这就是必要代价 |
[18:25] | No, convincing the voters is necessary. | 不 说服选民才是必要代价 |
[18:29] | – This is stealing an election. – Like Trump? | -这是在窃取竞选 -像特朗普那样吗 |
[18:33] | What, are we gonna now hold ourselves | 怎么 现在我们还要把自己 |
[18:35] | to the same standard as Trump? | 拉低到特朗普那个层次吗 |
[18:37] | If it allows us to win, yes. | 如果能让我们取胜 是的 |
[18:39] | This is not winning. It is stealing. | 这不是胜利 这是偷窃 |
[18:41] | You keep saying that. | 你一直在重复这词 |
[18:43] | Wait, wait, wait. We don’t have to steal. | 等等 我们不需要偷窃 |
[18:46] | We can just offer a correction. | 我们可以只提供纠正手段 |
[18:47] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[18:48] | Technically, we can program the malware | 严格来说 我们可以编译恶意软件 |
[18:50] | to make any adjustment we want to the vote count. | 使其调整计票读数 变成我们想要的结果 |
[18:53] | How many votes did we lose to gerrymandering in Wisconsin? | 威斯康星州因改划选区而损失了多少票 |
[18:57] | How many voters were intimidated from the polls in Florida? | 佛罗里达州有多少选民在投票站受到威胁 |
[19:00] | How many votes did the Russians help steal in Pennsylvania? | 俄罗斯又插手偷窃了多少宾夕法尼亚州的选票 |
[19:03] | So we “Correct” for those amounts with the malware. | 所以我们用恶意软件来”纠正”那些计票结果 |
[19:07] | Shave 300 Republican votes from each county in Wisconsin, | 威斯康星州每个县去掉三百张共和党的投票 |
[19:10] | 8,000 votes from the red counties in Florida. | 佛罗里达州支持共和党的县都去掉八千张选票 |
[19:13] | Right. It’s still a contest, | 没错 这依然是场竞赛 |
[19:15] | but we don’t start a half a mile back. | 但我们会在一个起跑线上 |
[19:17] | That is sophistry! | 真是诡辩 |
[19:18] | You are stealing votes. | 你们在偷选票 |
[19:20] | No, they’re stealing votes. | 不 是他们在偷选票 |
[19:22] | We are trying to correct for them. | 我们只是想纠正他们 |
[19:23] | Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? | 只有我一人觉得这事很荒唐吗 |
[19:27] | This is totalitarianism. | 这简直是极权主义 |
[19:32] | You fight fire with fire! | 以其人之道还其人之身 |
[19:34] | Okay! | 行了 |
[19:36] | It’s getting a bit heated. | 大家别吵了 |
[19:38] | Let’s take a moment. Everybody. | 暂停一下 大伙休息吧 |
[19:43] | We can’t take part in this. | 我们不能参与这事 |
[19:45] | It’s wrong. | 这是个错误 |
[19:47] | Not just illegal, it’s wrong. | 不仅是违法 还违背道德 |
[19:51] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:53] | No, I’m just… | 没什么 我只是… |
[19:55] | I’m just thinking. | 我只是在思考 |
[19:56] | About what? You agree with them? | 关于什么 你同意她们吗 |
[19:59] | No, but… | 不 但是… |
[20:00] | I think there is an argument to be made here. | 我觉得她们的话无不道理 |
[20:02] | For hacking? Are you kidding? | 黑客攻击 你开玩笑吗 |
[20:04] | That goes against everything we stand for as a democracy. | 这与我们支持的民主完全背道而驰 |
[20:08] | Not everything. | 也不尽然 |
[20:11] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:13] | You know there are counties right now | 你知道现在还有些县 |
[20:15] | where black people are so terrorized | 黑人深受威胁 |
[20:17] | that they can’t even show up at polls? | 甚至都不敢去投票站吗 |
[20:19] | – That’s not what I’m… – Look, no, in Georgia, | -我不是这个… -在佐治亚州 |
[20:21] | in 2018, a bus filled with black senior citizens | 2018年 一辆满载年长黑人公民的公车 |
[20:25] | was stopped by the police | 被警察拦下 |
[20:26] | so they wouldn’t be allowed to vote. | 以阻止他们参与投票 |
[20:28] | 53,000 voter registrations | 五万三千名黑人选民 |
[20:31] | of black voters were held up | 在选民登记时 |
[20:32] | by the Georgia Secretary of State. | 申请被佐治亚州政府冻结 |
[20:37] | – Liz, I know. I know… – No. No, no, | -莉兹 我懂 我懂 -不不 |
[20:39] | Diane, you don’t. You don’t know. | 戴安 你不明白 你不理解 |
[20:42] | Look, we share a lot of things, but we do not share histories. | 我们有很多共同点 但我们的历史不同 |
[20:48] | I have a college friend who was kicked off | 我有一个大学朋友被俄亥俄州的 |
[20:50] | the voter rolls in Ohio. | 选民民册除名 |
[20:52] | And my uncle was denied the right to vote | 而我在威斯康星州的叔叔 |
[20:54] | in the last election in Wisconsin. | 无法参与上次投票选举 |
[20:56] | I mean, at some point, | 在某个时刻 |
[20:58] | these stories become more than just anecdotes. | 这些故事不仅再是奇闻轶事 |
[21:02] | They’re something bigger. | 它们有更重要的意义 |
[21:04] | This democracy that you talk about– | 你所说的民主 |
[21:06] | this doesn’t exist for a lot of us. | 对于我们很多人来说并不存在 |
[21:09] | It didn’t exist for my grandparents. | 我的祖父母不享有这些民主 |
[21:12] | It didn’t exist for my parents, and it is slowly… | 我的父母也不享有 而且渐渐地 |
[21:16] | …being taken away from me. | 我也不再享有 |
[21:18] | Then we fight it in the courts. | 那我们就去法庭抗争 |
[21:21] | The courts. The courts that overturned | 法庭 在2013年 |
[21:23] | the Civil Rights Voting Act in 2013? | 推翻投票权法案的法院吗 |
[21:28] | So… | 所以 |
[21:30] | excuse me if I just need a moment | 请原谅我需要一点时间 |
[21:32] | to reflect on this… | 来细想一番 |
[21:34] | unique possibility. | 这难得的机会 |
[21:38] | One person hits a few buttons | 只需要一个人来按下几个钮 |
[21:39] | and suddenly black voters are re-enfranchised. | 黑人选民便重获选举权 |
[21:44] | That means something very different to me | 这对我有非常特殊的意义 |
[21:46] | than it does to you. | 和你不一样 |
[22:04] | As a lawyer, i cannot use my court case… | 我身为律师 不能利用自己代理的案件 |
[22:07] | All I need is the software | 我只要那款软件 |
[22:09] | and the voting machine architecture… | 和投票机的结构 |
[22:10] | Which Mona will give us. | 这个莫娜可以给我们 |
[22:12] | And my malware flips a few votes | 而且我的恶意软件只会修改 |
[22:14] | out of every 100 Republican votes. | 很低比例的投给共和党的票 |
[22:16] | – So it’s within the margin of error? – Right. | -所以是在误差范围内吗 -是的 |
[22:19] | If there’s no more debate, I think we should vote on this. | 如果讨论结束 我们可以开始投票了 |
[22:22] | Vote on whether to steal votes? | 针对是否盗选票来进行投票吗 |
[22:24] | Who says our side doesn’t have a sense of irony? | 我们的言行也不乏讽刺意味啊 |
[22:26] | Before we vote, I’d like to add an amendment. | 投票之前 我想添加一条修正案 |
[22:29] | After hearing Liz’s argument, I suggest that we only change | 我听了莉兹的论证后 想提议调整的选票 |
[22:33] | enough votes to offset the voter disenfranchisement | 数目只需要刚好抵消被取消投票资格的 |
[22:36] | of black and Latino voters. | 黑人及拉丁裔选民 |
[22:40] | All those in favor? | 同意的举手 |
[22:47] | All those opposed? | 反对的举手 |
[22:53] | Motion passes. | 提议通过 |
[22:53] | It’s official. | 正式结果 |
[22:55] | We’ve just become as bad as the other side. | 我们这就成为自己所反对的那种人了 |
[22:58] | You want out, Diane? | 要退出吗 戴安 |
[23:00] | You’re welcome to it. | 随时欢迎 |
[23:01] | But you signed on for this. | 但你也是我们的一员 |
[23:03] | The ends justify the means, so don’t get all outraged | 为了正义而不择手段 请不要因为 |
[23:06] | that we’re willing to follow through. | 我们坚持这种思路而生气 |
[23:59] | *There’s supposed to be a clip of Downton Abbey here* | *本来这里该放《唐顿庄园》片段* |
[24:02] | *The soap opera of British stuff from yesteryear* | *那是多年前一部充斥英式元素的肥皂剧* |
[24:06] | *Well, it’s a lawyer thing* | *那涉及法务工作* |
[24:08] | *But we couldn’t get the clip* | *但制作本剧时* |
[24:09] | *In time to make this show* | *我们还没拿到片段版权* |
[24:11] | *So now we’ll just explain the way the clip would go* | *所以采取这种没有法律风险的方式* |
[24:14] | *In a way that doesn’t legally expose us* | *来给各位解释剧情* |
[24:20] | *Rose and Gary Carr* | *萝丝与加里* |
[24:22] | *Are having a British date* | *英式约会* |
[24:24] | *Rowing a rowboat* | *摇荡划艇* |
[24:26] | *In period costumes* | *身着古装* |
[24:28] | *They flirt and smile* | *互抛媚眼 纵声欢笑* |
[24:31] | *The attraction is evident* | *致命吸引* |
[24:33] | *Tension discussing their forbidden love* | *挑战禁恋* |
[24:37] | *’Cause he’s a jazz singer* | *因为他是一位爵士歌手* |
[24:40] | *And she’s not supposed to be* | *而她不被允许* |
[24:42] | *Dating jazz singers* | *与爵士歌手约会* |
[24:44] | *A look, and they’re suddenly* | *彼此一个表情 立刻* |
[24:47] | *Kissing and kissing* | *激吻不止* |
[24:49] | *It’s chaste but it’s sexy* | *明知禁忌却欲罢不能* |
[24:51] | *And he’s just so handsome* | *他真是英俊倜傥* |
[24:53] | *It goes on a long time* | *如此持续多时* |
[24:55] | *Just kissing and kissing* | *激吻不止* |
[24:57] | *So safe and forbidden* | *禁忌之恋* |
[25:00] | *He seems pretty famous* | *他好像大有名气* |
[25:02] | *Her lips are so lucky* | *她双唇真是走运* |
[25:04] | *They’re kissing and kissing* | *激吻不止* |
[25:07] | *It sure would be something* | *必定有下文* |
[25:09] | *The boat is a-rockin’* | *船儿摇晃* |
[25:11] | *So don’t come a-knockin’* | *不要打扰* |
[25:13] | *They’re kissing and kissing…* | *激吻不止* |
[25:38] | Good morning. Evelyn… | 早上好 伊夫林 |
[25:40] | – How are you today? – Fine, Mr. Boseman. | -今天如何 -挺好 博斯曼先生 |
[25:43] | I have a call from a Cynthia Cromley. | 有一位辛西娅·科洛姆利来电 |
[25:45] | Do you want me to take a message? | 需要我问她什么事吗 |
[25:46] | I’ll take it in my office. | 我进办公室接吧 |
[25:48] | Ms. Cromley, I’m putting you through now. | 科洛姆利女士 这就给您转过去 |
[26:00] | Cynthia, how have you been? | 辛西娅 最近如何 |
[26:03] | Fine. A man came here last night asking me questions. | 挺好 昨晚来了个男人问了些问题 |
[26:08] | What kind of questions? | 什么问题 |
[26:10] | About my relationship with Mr. Reddick. | 我和雷迪克先生的关系 |
[26:12] | He said he was conducting | 他称自己是要替你们律所 |
[26:14] | an investigation for your firm. | 进行调查 |
[26:17] | Did you… | 你有没有 |
[26:19] | Did he leave his name? | 他有没有说自己叫什么 |
[26:20] | He left his business card. | 他给了我一张名片 |
[26:23] | Roland J. Blum. | 罗兰·J·布鲁姆 |
[26:28] | What did you tell him? | 你说了什么 |
[26:30] | Nothing. | 什么都没说 |
[26:31] | I signed a non-disclosure agreement with you. | 我和你们签了保密协议 |
[26:33] | Good. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[26:34] | Now, what… | 那么… |
[26:37] | did he tell you? | 他跟你说了些什么 |
[26:38] | He said he thought there was an indiscretion there. | 他认为存在失检行为 |
[26:43] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 多谢 |
[26:45] | I’ll handle it from here. | 我这边会处理 |
[26:46] | Uh, let me know if he comes by again. | 如果他再去找您 请告诉我 |
[26:50] | All right, I’ll do that. Thank you. | 好的 我会的 谢谢 |
[26:55] | Motherfucker. | 混蛋 |
[27:22] | Adrian, my good man. | 阿德里安 好伙计 |
[27:23] | – I need a minute. – Is there an issue? | -我找他有事 -出什么事了吗 |
[27:31] | I understand you’ve been speaking with Cynthia Cromley. | 我知道你找过辛西娅·科洛姆利 |
[27:34] | Oh, lovely woman. Loyal to a fault. | 很好的女人 对于错误行为也很忠实 |
[27:36] | – What did you want? – Adrian, you don’t have to worry. | -你想要干吗 -阿德里安 不用担心 |
[27:38] | I’m here to help. | 我是来帮忙的 |
[27:42] | I don’t need your help. | 我不需要你帮忙 |
[27:43] | And that’s just as it should be. | 理应如此 |
[27:45] | Keep your hands clean. | 自己双手得干净 |
[27:47] | We both know this firm has a lot of skeletons. | 我们都清楚这间律所有很多被掩藏的丑闻 |
[27:50] | And women are getting angrier. | 而社会上的女人越来越不满 |
[27:52] | It would be a shame if this story | 如果这个故事泄露给媒体 |
[27:53] | started leaking to the press. | 就太丢人了 |
[27:56] | This is hurting. | 弄疼我了 |
[28:00] | What do you want? | 你想要干吗 |
[28:01] | For you to lower your arm. | 想要你把手放下来 |
[28:03] | What… do… you… want? | 你…想…要…干…吗 |
[28:06] | To be taken seriously as a partner. | 你们认真对待我这个合伙人 |
[28:09] | – We’re voting. – No, you’re not. | -我们会投票的 -不 你们才不会 |
[28:10] | You’re stringing me along. | 你们只是想耍我 |
[28:12] | You want me in the tent pissing out, Adrian. | 你们是想让我把枪头朝外的 阿德里安 |
[28:16] | You stop talking to Cynthia, | 如果你不再找辛西娅废话 |
[28:20] | and we’ll consider it. | 我们就考虑一下 |
[28:22] | That’s all I ask. | 这正是我想要的 |
[28:41] | Marissa… | 梅丽莎… |
[28:43] | you know about Blum suborning perjury? | 你知道布鲁姆唆使他人作伪证的事吧 |
[28:45] | – The Second Helix case? – Yes. | -第二螺旋案 -知道 |
[28:47] | I need all the information you have. | 把你能找到的所有信息都给我 |
[28:49] | – By when? – Today. | -什么时候要 -今天 |
[28:51] | I can’t get it if I have to watch him. | 如果我要看着他就没法去找 |
[28:54] | Don’t worry about that. You get it. | 别管这个了 快去找吧 |
[29:13] | – Lucca. – Yeah? | -卢卡 -什么事 |
[29:15] | You’re helping Blum move Second Helix along? | 你在帮布鲁姆加速处理第二螺旋案 |
[29:17] | – I am. – Good. | -是的 -很好 |
[29:18] | You told Diane he has an associate who’s dependable? | 你告诉戴安他有个可靠的律师 |
[29:21] | Uh, no, no. That was my mistake. | 不 不 我错了 |
[29:24] | – He’s not dependable? – No. | -他不可靠 -也不是 |
[29:25] | He’s not a lawyer. He’s an actor. | 他根本就不是律师 而是个演员 |
[29:29] | Blum has an actor as an associate? | 布鲁姆请了个演员做律师 |
[29:31] | No. He was doing research for a part. | 不 他是在为角色体验生活 |
[29:33] | – Blum is? – No, the actor is. | -布鲁姆吗 -不 是那个演员 |
[29:35] | – It’s all a little crazy. – Okay. | -这确实有点疯狂 -好吧 |
[29:52] | I need a minute. | 占用你一点时间 |
[29:55] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[30:03] | I was just down with Blum. He’s onto the other women. | 我刚才问过布鲁姆了 他想找其他女性 |
[30:06] | – The other… – He talked to Cynthia. | -其他… -他跟辛西娅谈过了 |
[30:08] | Now, she didn’t say anything. | 现在她还什么都没说 |
[30:11] | He’s looking for the others. | 他正在找其他人 |
[30:15] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么办 |
[30:16] | We threaten his ass. | 我们得想办法威胁他 |
[30:18] | That’s like threatening a bull with a red flag. | 这就好像用红布来威胁公牛 |
[30:20] | I agree. That’s why we got to go public. | 没错 所以我们要把这件事公之于众 |
[30:23] | – No. – Liz. | -不行 -莉兹 |
[30:24] | We go public with a friendly reporter, | 我们找个关系好的记者把事情公布出来 |
[30:26] | we control this. | 就可以掌控事态发展 |
[30:27] | We can’t control this. | 我们掌控不了 |
[30:32] | We knew this day would come, Liz. | 我们知道这一天总会来的 莉兹 |
[30:37] | Nothing stays hidden. | 纸包不住火 |
[30:54] | You have a secret admirer. | 有人暗恋你 |
[30:56] | Uh, no. I think just a thankful client. | 不 我觉得只是有客户想感谢我 |
[30:59] | – Want me to open it? – No. | -要我帮你打开吗 -不 |
[31:03] | Trevaso Grand Reserve? That’s $2,500 a bottle. | 特雷瓦索特级珍藏 2500美元一瓶 |
[31:07] | How do you know that? | 你怎么会知道 |
[31:08] | How do you not know that? Who gave this to you? | 你怎么会不知道 这是谁给你的 |
[31:11] | Hold on. | 我看看 |
[31:14] | I couldn’t find coffee. Got this instead. | 我找不到咖啡 就拿这个代替了 |
[31:17] | Sorry about yesterday. | 昨天的事很抱歉 |
[31:19] | Who is it? | 这是谁 |
[31:21] | I… I don’t know. | 我… 不知道 |
[31:24] | You do, you’re just not telling me. | 你知道 只是不想告诉我 |
[31:30] | Hello? | 喂 |
[31:32] | Meet me for lunch so I can apologize. | 为表歉意 我想请你吃午饭 |
[31:34] | Uh… you know, actually, it’s fine. | 其实我已经原谅你了 |
[31:36] | I got your very expensive apology. | 我收到了你非常昂贵的歉意 |
[31:39] | That’s the guy who sent the tequila? | 这就是送你龙舌兰的家伙 |
[31:42] | Look, I really don’t like | 听着 我真的不喜欢 |
[31:44] | when there are people out there who are angry with me. | 还有人在生我的气 |
[31:46] | I’m not angry with you. | 我没生你的气 |
[31:48] | Not angry with who? | 没生谁的气 |
[31:49] | – Shut up, Marissa. – I’m always worried that, | -住嘴 梅丽莎 -我总在担心 |
[31:50] | like, if I get hit by a bus | 比如 如果我被公交车撞了 |
[31:52] | someone will say really horrible things at my funeral. | 有人会在我的葬礼上说些很可怕的话 |
[31:54] | I… I won’t say horrible things at your funeral. | 我… 我不会在你的葬礼上说可怕的话 |
[31:57] | – What? Is he dying? – All right, so, um… | -什么 他快死了 -好吧 那… |
[31:59] | I’ll confess. | 我直说吧 |
[32:01] | This is a selfish call. | 其实我打这个电话有点自私 |
[32:03] | I had a horrible meeting with my manager, | 我刚跟经纪人谈了一场特别不顺的话 |
[32:04] | and I want a palate cleanser | 所以我需要口腔清洁剂 |
[32:05] | so I can wash it out of my mouth. | 把那些话从我嘴里洗干净 |
[32:07] | Oh, so now I’m a palate cleanser? | 所以我现在是口腔清洁剂 |
[32:10] | – No. No. – No idea what to do with that one. | -不 不 -不知道该怎么接 |
[32:12] | But I… I need someone who makes me smile. | 但我… 我需要一个能逗我笑的人 |
[32:15] | I promise I won’t talk about being a lawyer. | 我保证不会聊做律师的事 |
[32:21] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[32:22] | Just at a nice little bar in Ukrainian Village. | 就在乌克兰村一家精致的小酒吧 |
[32:24] | 1079 West Augusta. | 西奥古斯塔1079号 |
[32:26] | Come check it out. | 过来看看吧 |
[32:28] | The Fifth Amendment, Your Honor. | 根据第五修正案 法官阁下 |
[32:30] | That’s why intellectual property | 所以知识产权 |
[32:32] | is still property, and to be forced | 也是财产 而强制我们 |
[32:35] | to hand over the software to our competitors… | 把软件交给竞争对手… |
[32:37] | We are not her competitors. | 我们不是她的竞争对手 |
[32:39] | It will end up in the hands of our competitors. | 它最后总会到我们的竞争对手手里 |
[32:41] | And that is exactly what the Constitution prevents. | 而这也正是宪法所禁止的 |
[32:44] | Let me take the argument. | 让我来进行辩论 |
[32:45] | – Public disclosure of the software architecture amounts to – No. | -公开披露软件架构就相当于 -不 |
[32:48] | – a complete forfeiture of – You don’t believe in it anymore. | -完全没收… -你不相信这是对的了 |
[32:49] | – proprietary intellectual property. – I’m a lawyer. I don’t have to. | -自主知识产权 -我是律师 无需相信 |
[32:51] | No further comment, Your Honor. | 我说完了 法官阁下 |
[32:52] | Counselors. Do you have anything? | 律师们 有什么话要说吗 |
[32:56] | Um, Your Honor, the issue here is not intellectual property | 法官阁下 这并不仅仅是知识产权 |
[32:59] | and just compensation. | 和赔偿金的问题 |
[33:01] | This is a larger issue. | 这个问题更严重 |
[33:03] | One that speaks to the heart of our country. | 让我们直面国家的核心 |
[33:07] | Every vote counts. | 每一张选票都有意义 |
[33:09] | And therefore every vote | 也正因为如此 必须将每一张选票 |
[33:11] | must be counted. | 都计算在内 |
[33:14] | If the people cannot trust that their votes will be counted, | 如果人们不相信他们的选票会被计算在内 |
[33:16] | how can they trust the rights | 他们将如何相信自己 |
[33:18] | that flow from those votes? | 能通过选票行使权利 |
[33:20] | If our votes are subverted… | 如果我们的选票被篡改了… |
[33:23] | or discarded or even ignored, | 被丢弃了 甚至是被无视了 |
[33:25] | why have faith in our democratic institutions? | 我们为何还要相信民主制度 |
[33:30] | Why respect a president– any president– | 为何还要尊重总统 无论哪位总统 |
[33:32] | even one from our own party? | 即使是从我们自己党内选出来的 |
[33:35] | Why not choose violent overthrow | 如果不把我们的选票都计算在内 |
[33:37] | if our votes are not counted? | 为什么不选择暴力推翻政府 |
[33:40] | Ms. Sukonick is correct. | 萨科尼克女士说得对 |
[33:43] | This is about a constitutional right, | 这关乎宪法权利 |
[33:46] | but it is not a secondary one, | 不是次生权利 |
[33:48] | it is the primary one. | 而是首要权利 |
[33:51] | It is about who we are. | 关乎我们是什么样的人 |
[33:54] | That is why we need this discovery, Your Honor. | 所以我们要求开示软件架构 法官阁下 |
[33:57] | This software must be inspected | 必须对这个软件进行调查 |
[34:01] | to see if there is integrity in the counting of the votes. | 才能搞清楚计票过程是否公正 |
[34:05] | That is the issue. | 这就是问题所在 |
[34:20] | You just got us our discovery. | 你帮我们争取到了软件架构开示 |
[34:30] | We’re good. | 我们搞定了 |
[34:31] | Here we go, here we go. | 好戏开场了 快来看看 |
[34:32] | Good job. | 干得好 |
[34:34] | Especially Diane. Well done. | 特别是戴安 干得太漂亮了 |
[34:36] | How long will the malware take? | 恶意软件还要载多久 |
[34:37] | I should have it in by tomorrow. | 应该明天之前能装进去 |
[34:43] | Where are you going, Diane? | 你要去哪 戴安 |
[34:45] | Home. | 回家 |
[34:46] | But we’re just starting here. | 但我们才刚开始 |
[34:49] | Not me. | 我就不参与了 |
[35:11] | Okay, no more water for me. | 好了 不用给我倒水了 |
[35:12] | Thank you so much. Thank you. | 非常感谢 谢谢 |
[35:17] | – So this happens to you all the time? – What? | -经常有人对你这样吗 -什么 |
[35:24] | It depends on the neighborhood, actually. | 其实也是要分地方的 |
[35:27] | You can tell where Abbey was popular. | 《唐顿庄园》火的地方会 |
[35:29] | But go 20 blocks west of here, and… | 但要是再往西边20个街区外走 |
[35:31] | police will be pulling me over | 就会有警察让我靠边停车 |
[35:32] | just like everywhere else. | 见怪不怪了 |
[35:33] | Yeah, well, they do that until they find out who you are. | 他们知道你是谁就不会这样了 |
[35:36] | Celebrity doesn’t count for everything. | 明星身份并非万金油 |
[35:37] | Yeah, but your accent does. | 对 但你的口音是 |
[35:39] | I mean, you just… | 只用就是 |
[35:40] | flash a few British-isms : and then, you know, | 甩几句英腔 然后 |
[35:43] | suddenly, you’re not black anymore. | 突然间 你就不再是黑人了 |
[35:47] | I don’t know what it is, but… | 不懂你的意思 但是 |
[35:49] | I like being judged by you. | 我喜欢被你评判 |
[35:52] | It’s probably ’cause everything just comes too easy to you. | 可能是因为你的一切都来得太容易了 |
[35:55] | Can my daughter and I get a picture with you? | 我和我女儿能和你合张影吗 |
[35:58] | Yeah, sure. | 没问题 |
[35:59] | Um, and Lucca, too? | 和卢卡一起合影吧 |
[36:00] | – Why,were you on Downton Abbey, too? – Oh, no. | -怎么 你也演过《唐顿庄园》吗 -没 |
[36:03] | No, no, but she’s gonna be in the movie. | 不 但她要出演电影版 |
[36:05] | – In the movie? – Yeah. | -电影 -是的 |
[36:06] | Oh, my God. She’s going to be in the movie. | 天呐 她要出演《唐顿庄园》电影 |
[36:08] | – Get in the picture. – No. It’s fine. You… | -一起合影 -不 没关系 你… |
[36:11] | Lucca, I’m having trouble getting hold of Maia. | 卢卡 我联系不上玛娅 |
[36:13] | Do you have her new number? | 你有她的新手机号吗 |
[36:13] | – How did you know I was here? – You wrote down the address. | -你怎么知道我在这的 -你写下了地址 |
[36:15] | – Oh, my God. – I need the name of Blum’s dietitian. | -天呐 -我想问下布鲁姆的营养师叫什么 |
[36:17] | – I guess Arthur Garber was a made-up name. – Sure. Gerard Solo. | -感觉亚瑟·加伯是假名 -杰拉德·索罗 |
[36:21] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[36:22] | The name of Blum’s dietitian– it’s Gerard Solo. | 布鲁姆营养师的名字 叫杰拉德·索罗 |
[36:24] | Thank you. How do you know that? | 谢谢 你怎么知道的 |
[36:26] | Roland introduced us. | 罗兰介绍我们认识过 |
[36:27] | Uh, why do you need it? | 你要他的名字做什么 |
[36:28] | Blum suborned perjury from him. | 布鲁姆唆使他作伪证 |
[36:31] | I know you. How do I know you? | 我认识你 我是怎么认识你的 |
[36:32] | Downton Abbey. | 《唐顿庄园》 |
[36:33] | No. | 不是 |
[36:36] | The Deuce. You were on The Deuce? | 《堕落街传奇》 你演过《堕落街传奇》 |
[36:37] | Yeah. Marissa, Gary Carr. | -是的 -梅丽莎 这位是加里·卡尔 |
[36:39] | Wow. You were great on that. | 你演得超好 |
[36:41] | I was so upset when they… when that thing happened. | 那件事发生时 我超不爽的 |
[36:45] | Okay, well, nice to meet you. | 好吧 很高兴认识你 |
[36:46] | Gerard Solo. Thanks. | 杰拉德·索罗 谢了 |
[36:48] | Forgive him. Whatever he did, he just made up for it. | 原谅他 不管他做了什么 都补偿过了 |
[36:54] | You’re forgiven, okay? Mm. | 我原谅你了 好吗 |
[37:02] | Well, that’s not my problem, that’s your problem. | 这不关我的事 那是你的问题 |
[37:05] | I can’t. I’m in a meeting! | 不行 我在开会 |
[37:10] | – Mr. Roland Blum. – Was? | -罗兰·布鲁姆先生 -什么事 |
[37:12] | Ich spreche kein englisch Raus hier. | 我的英语很好 |
[37:15] | You’re being served, Mr. Blum. | 你被传讯了 布鲁姆先生 |
[37:19] | This is private property, asshole. | 这里是私人地盘 混蛋 |
[37:20] | Get the fuck out of here. | 快滚 |
[37:21] | A complaint has been filed with the ACDB saying | 有人投诉说你 |
[37:24] | you suborned perjury from a man named Gerard Solo. | 唆使一个叫做杰拉德·索罗的人作伪证 |
[37:27] | How the fuck do you know that? | 你他妈怎么知道的 |
[37:30] | I was bored. I read it. | 我很无聊 看了传讯书 |
[37:33] | – Have a blessed day. – Fuck you. | -祝你今天愉快 -滚你妈的 |
[37:42] | Oh, Adrian, | 阿德里安 |
[37:44] | you have unleashed the wrath of the nine plagues. | 你已经释放了九灾之怒 |
[37:48] | And there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. | 我会让你痛哭流涕 咬牙切齿 |
[37:53] | I’ll come back for the rest. | 等我回来再完成剩下的 |
[38:05] | I was going through the voting machine software… | 我在检查投票机软件的时候 |
[38:08] | and I found a hack. | 发现软件被黑了 |
[38:10] | A hack? So it’s not a malfunction? | 被黑了 这么说不是软件故障了 |
[38:12] | That’s right. It looks like malware, but I can’t be sure. | 没错 像是个恶意软件 但我不确定 |
[38:15] | And it changes the vote tallies? | 它能改变投票数吗 |
[38:16] | Yes. It keeps track of the ongoing count, | 是的 它会记录当前选票数 |
[38:18] | then raises the opposition tally. | 然后提高反对党的票数 |
[38:21] | Are you sure it’s a hack? | 你确定是被黑了吗 |
[38:22] | No, could be part of the original architectural software. | 不确定 也可能是原生的软件架构 |
[38:25] | Now it’s starting to make sense | 我现在明白 |
[38:27] | why they fought so hard against discovery. | 他们为什么这么反对披露软件了 |
[38:30] | Do we have any idea who did it? | 知道是谁干的吗 |
[38:31] | Without more information, we can’t be sure. | 没有了解更多信息 无法肯定 |
[38:33] | But it’s definitely someone on the Republican side. | 不过这绝对是共和党的人干的 |
[38:37] | – Someone on the Republican side? – Yes. | -共和党的人 -是的 |
[38:38] | Why do you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[38:39] | Machines are hacked so that | 他们黑入了软件 |
[38:40] | the Republican tally always stays ahead of the Democratic. | 让共和党的票数永远都领先于民主党 |
[38:47] | Traitors. Judases. | 叛徒们 犹大们 |
[38:50] | Oh, you have crucified me, | 你们把我钉在十字架上 |
[38:52] | but you left me for dead, | 尽管你们让我去死 |
[38:54] | and I live. Oh, I rise. | 我还是活下来了 我重生了 |
[38:57] | Watch for the burning of the ten-horned beast! | 当心十角兽的熊熊火焰吧 |
[39:07] | So Jay, we’re gonna need to put you on the stand, okay? | 杰 我们需要你上庭作证 可以吗 |
[39:10] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[39:13] | Wait. You got a minute? | 等下 你有空吗 |
[39:17] | Sure. What do you need? | 有 什么事 |
[39:23] | We’re going public with the Reddick accusations. | 我们要公开对雷迪克的指控 |
[39:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[39:27] | Because if we don’t, Blum will. | 因为如果我们不这样做 布鲁姆就会 |
[39:30] | Now, you’re close with Naomi Nivola? | 你现在是不是和内奥米·尼沃拉很熟 |
[39:32] | You think she can handle this for us? | 你觉得她会出面帮我们吗 |
[39:34] | She’s a straight reporter. She doesn’t do PR. | 她是名纯粹的记者 她不会做公关 |
[39:36] | We just need someone there, Jay, | 我们只需要有个人帮我们出面 杰 |
[39:38] | someone who understands the history and the issues. | 一个知道事情来龙去脉的人 |
[39:41] | Now, can she… | 她能 |
[39:44] | Can she be that person? | 她能做那个人吗 |
[39:46] | And will you ask her? | 你能帮我问下她吗 |
[39:50] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[39:51] | We discovered what we think is malware | 我们在投票机软件中发现了 |
[39:53] | in the voting machine software. | 一个我们认为是恶意软件的东西 |
[39:54] | That’s impossible. We haven’t done anything yet. | 不可能 我们还没动手 |
[39:56] | No, it’s not our hack. | 不 不是我们黑入的 |
[39:58] | The machines already had malware | 机器中已经安插了恶意软件 |
[39:59] | that changed the Democratic vote to Republicans. | 把民主党的选票篡改成投给共和党的 |
[40:01] | Those fuckers. Actually, that’s perfect. | 那些混蛋 这样正好 |
[40:04] | I can just lay my malware into their hack. | 我可以把我的恶意软件植入他们的里面 |
[40:06] | You can do that? It’s better. | -可以吗 -这样更好 |
[40:08] | They’ll think the software’s working for them | 他们会觉得软件是在为他们服务 |
[40:09] | when it’s doing the opposite. | 可实际上却在帮我们 |
[40:10] | Good. Wait, you can’t take this to court. | 很好 等等 你不能在法庭提这件事 |
[40:13] | If the hack is revealed in court, | 如果法庭上黑客攻击的事情被揭露了 |
[40:14] | the voting machines will be thrown out, | 那些投票机就会被废弃了 |
[40:15] | and we need them in place. | 可是我们需要投票机能够正常使用 |
[40:17] | – Liz? – N-No, it’s too late. | -莉兹 -不不 太迟了 |
[40:18] | We’re already going to court. | 我们已经准备好要上庭了 |
[40:19] | Liz, you have to stop them. | 莉兹 你必须阻止他们 |
[40:21] | – No. – If the court finds out there’s already a hack in there, | -不行 -如果法庭发现机器已经被黑了 |
[40:23] | they’ll order the machines to be replaced | 他们一定会重新订购投票机来替换原有的机器 |
[40:24] | – and we’ll be back to square one. – Yeah… | -那我们就只能重头再来了 -是 |
[40:26] | I understand that. | 我当然明白这点了 |
[40:27] | – It’s the law. – But this makes what we’re doing even more just. | -这事关法律 -这更能说明我们是正义的 |
[40:30] | The Republicans were already doing it. | 共和党人已经在篡改选票了 |
[40:31] | – We’re just correcting it. – No, no. | -我们只是在纠正这件事 -不 不对 |
[40:33] | Correcting is telling the courts that the machines were hacked. | 告诉法官投票机已经被黑了才是纠正 |
[40:36] | – Diane, think about this. – I’m Liz. | -戴安 好好想一想 -我是莉兹 |
[40:38] | Sorry, yes. Liz, think about this. | 抱歉 没错 莉兹 好好想想吧 |
[40:40] | Yeah, I already have. | 好的 我想得很清楚了 |
[40:45] | I found malware | 我找到了 |
[40:45] | designed to damage computer software. | 为损坏电脑程序而设计的恶意软件 |
[40:48] | And what does this malware do the defendant’s machines? | 那这个恶意软件会如何影响被告人的投票机呢 |
[40:51] | When a voter selects an all-Democratic ticket, | 当选民的选票上全部选择了民主党人时 |
[40:53] | the malware flips some of those votes | 这个恶意软件会篡改选票上的某些选项 |
[40:55] | from Democrat to Republican. | 把选择民主党人改为共和党人 |
[40:57] | Is it possible it’s a glitch, some kind of mistake? | 这可能是个小故障吗 机器出了点小问题 |
[41:00] | A glitch wouldn’t consistently flip votes | 如果是故障 机器不会一直把选票的选项 |
[41:02] | from Democrats to Republicans. | 从民主党人改为共和党人 |
[41:04] | It would be random. | 那改变的选项应该是随机的 |
[41:06] | – This isn’t. – No further questions. | -但这明显不是 -没有其他问题了 |
[41:08] | How do you vote, Mr. Dipersia? | 你是怎么投票的 迪佩西亚先生 |
[41:10] | – Objection. – It goes to bias, Your Honor. | -反对 -这与证词偏见有关 法官阁下 |
[41:14] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[41:14] | I’ll hear. | 我也想听听 |
[41:17] | I’m not eligible to vote. | 我并没有资格投票 |
[41:19] | And that’s because you were an illegal immigrant. | 而这是因为你是一名非法移民 |
[41:21] | Isn’t that right? | 难道不是吗 |
[41:22] | I have an O visa. I am a legal resident of the Unites States. | 我有特殊人才签证 我是美国的合法居民 |
[41:25] | And you don’t think that you might exaggerate | 所以你觉得你并没有为了帮助民主党 |
[41:27] | what’s going on here in order to help the Democrats? | 而可能夸大了实际发生的情况吗 |
[41:30] | – No. – And how often, exactly, would you say that this malware | -不 -按照你的说法 你发现 |
[41:33] | that you claim to have detected actually flipped votes? | 这个恶意软件实际上改变选票的频率有多高呢 |
[41:37] | Well, it’s hard to be exact. | 这很难计算得那么精确 |
[41:39] | Oh, that is unfortunate. | 那真是不巧啊 |
[41:41] | But in Cullman County, Michigan, | 但是在密歇根州卡尔曼县 |
[41:43] | where these machines were used, | 在那里也在使用着这样的投票机 |
[41:44] | Republicans received eight percent | 有百分之八的非裔美国人 |
[41:46] | of African-American votes, | 给共和党人投了票 |
[41:47] | four percent more than they received two years earlier. | 这和两年前相比多了四个百分点 |
[41:49] | Isn’t there another reason | 出现这种差别 |
[41:51] | for this discrepancy? | 难道没有其他的可能原因吗 |
[41:53] | Y-You’ll have to be more exact. | 你必须说得再具体一些 |
[41:56] | In 2018, the ballot in Coleman County was changed | 在2018年 科尔曼县的选票 |
[42:00] | to a butterfly format. | 改成了蝴蝶选票 |
[42:00] | 选票像蝴蝶翅膀一般分开两边 候选人呈交错分布 设计上很容易让人投错票 | |
[42:01] | Isn’t that a more likely explanation | 对于这种投票模式的改变 |
[42:03] | for the change in voting patterns | 相比于左翼的阴谋论 |
[42:05] | other than a left-wing conspiracy theory? | 这难道不是一个更合理的解释吗 |
[42:24] | You done for the day, Counselor? | 你要下班了吗 律师 |
[42:25] | Yeah. It was nice meeting you. | 是的 很高兴认识了你 |
[42:27] | Meeting me? I thought you were here for a week. | 认识我 我还以为你要在这待上一周呢 |
[42:30] | I was. Just… Blum can be a bit mercurial. | 本来是的 不过 布鲁姆会有点阴晴难测 |
[42:33] | Oh, what happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[42:35] | – Nothing. – No. Wait. Tell me. | -没事 -不 等等 告诉我 |
[42:39] | He found out I gave your investigator | 他发现是我把他营养师的名字 |
[42:40] | the name of his dietitian. | 告诉给了你的调查员 |
[42:42] | Ah, fuck. Seriously? | 该死 真的吗 |
[42:43] | It’s okay, though. | 不过没关系 |
[42:44] | My manager has other options. | 我的经纪人也有其他的人选 |
[42:47] | It was really nice meeting you, Lucca. | 真的很高兴认识你 卢卡 |
[42:54] | Gary, uh, how many more days | 加里 你对成为一名律师的调研 |
[42:57] | were you wanting to research being a lawyer? | 还要持续多长时间 |
[42:59] | Five. Why? | 五天 怎么了 |
[43:01] | Well, I have to ask the partners, | 是这样的 我要先征得合伙人的同意 |
[43:02] | but you could follow me. | 不过你也可以跟着我 |
[43:04] | – No way. You serious? – Oh, yeah. | -不是吧 你没开玩笑吧 -没开玩笑 |
[43:06] | – I’d love that. – Yeah, I-I-I… | -那就太好了 -是啊 我… |
[43:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:11] | Great. | 太好了 |
[43:15] | What… | 有什么 |
[43:17] | can I do… | 我可以做的 |
[43:21] | …to relieve the stress, | 可以让你不这么有压力吗 |
[43:24] | counselor? | 律师 |
[43:32] | Blum. | 布鲁姆 |
[43:34] | You want Blum to relieve the stress? | 你想要布鲁姆来给你减压 |
[43:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:40] | I think he secretly has a crush on you. | 我觉得他暗恋你 |
[43:47] | He’s coming after us, Charlotte. | 他想要找我们的麻烦 夏洛特 |
[43:51] | I need help going after him. | 我需要你帮忙抓住他的把柄 |
[43:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[44:00] | No. | 不行 |
[44:02] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[44:06] | Blum… | 布鲁姆 |
[44:08] | is a bad man. | 是一个坏人 |
[44:11] | Bad men have… | 而坏人 |
[44:14] | a force field around them. | 身边有无形的力场 |
[44:16] | You can’t give me anything. | 你一点信息都不能给我吗 |
[44:19] | I can give you a piece of advice. | 我可以给你一个建议 |
[44:22] | You go after Blum… | 你要是找布鲁姆的麻烦 |
[44:25] | you kill him. | 一定要斩草除根 |
[44:28] | Because anything less, he won’t stop | 如果你手下留情 那他在除掉你之前 |
[44:31] | until he kills you. | 是绝不会停手的 |
[44:33] | You know we’re bringing him in front of the ACDB | 我们会把他唆使他人提供伪证 |
[44:37] | for suborning perjury. | 的事情举报上去 |
[44:38] | – Are you serious? – Yep. | -你是认真的吗 -是的 |
[44:41] | Nice knowing you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[44:45] | Oh, that’s cold. | 真是薄情啊 |
[44:51] | I will give you one thing, though. | 不过我会告诉你一件事 |
[44:55] | About Blum? | 有关布鲁姆的 |
[44:56] | Mm, no. | 不是 |
[44:58] | Judge Eno. | 有关艾诺法官的事 |
[45:00] | She’s gonna decide against you. | 她会判你们败诉 |
[45:05] | What? | 什么 |
[45:06] | Why? | 为什么 |
[45:11] | She’s on the take. | 她收了贿赂 |
[45:13] | Judge Eno? No. | 艾诺法官 不 |
[45:15] | No. | 不可能 |
[45:16] | Why? Because she’s a woman? | 为什么不能 就因为她是个女人 |
[45:18] | No, no, no. Because… | 不 不是的 因为… |
[45:29] | – Thank you. – Gracias. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 |
[45:37] | Judge Eno. | 艾诺法官 |
[45:40] | Counselor. Is there an issue? | 律师 有什么问题吗 |
[45:42] | I don’t know. There might be. | 我不知道 也许有吧 |
[45:44] | Well, if it’s about court, this is ex parte communication. | 如果是和上庭有关 现在属于单方面接触 |
[45:48] | It’s more of a personal issue, Your Honor, | 更像是私人问题 法官阁下 |
[45:50] | and we thought it best to talk without | 而且我们觉得最好还是 |
[45:51] | a court reporter present. | 不要有法庭书记官在场 |
[45:52] | Why? What personal issue? | 为什么 什么私人问题 |
[45:55] | You being on the take. | 你一直在收受贿赂 |
[45:58] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[46:00] | The other side is paying you. | 另一方一直在贿赂你 |
[46:02] | And we don’t want to make a fuss. | 而我们不想小题大做 |
[46:04] | We just want you to recuse yourself. | 我们只想让你选择回避 |
[46:07] | Or? | 不然呢 |
[46:09] | Or we will have to make an issue of this. | 不然我们就拿这件事大做文章 |
[46:14] | Well… who told you I’m on the take? | 是谁告诉你我收受贿赂 |
[46:18] | I’d rather not say. | 这我不能说 |
[46:22] | All right, well, then, you know what I think? | 好吧 你知道我怎么想吗 |
[46:25] | I think this is a bluff, and kind of a bad one, at that. | 我觉得这是在唬人 还是那种特糟糕的伎俩 |
[46:29] | It’s not. | 不是的 |
[46:31] | All right, well, then, who told you? Let’s hear. | 好吧 那是谁告诉你的 我洗耳恭听 |
[46:34] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[46:39] | I guess the bottom line is, um… | 那我只能说… |
[46:43] | fuck you. | 去你的 |
[46:45] | And fuck you both. | 还有你 |
[46:47] | Enjoy your lunch. | 好好享受你们的午餐 |
[46:51] | Adrian… | 阿德里安… |
[46:53] | who did tell you? | 是谁告诉你的 |
[46:56] | I can’t say, Diane. | 我不能说 戴安 |
[46:57] | Well, if a judge is corrupt that needs to come forward. | 如果法官贪污受赂 就应该站出来指证 |
[46:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[47:02] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[47:13] | There can’t be anything I just did that’s worth noting. | 我刚刚没做什么值得注意的事 |
[47:16] | Uh, sure there is. | 有的 |
[47:18] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[47:25] | Okay, I didn’t say this would be interesting, | 好吧 我没说这个过程会很有趣 |
[47:27] | I just said it would be real. | 我只是说这很真实 |
[47:28] | – Hey, I’m into real. – Okay. | -嘿 我喜欢真实 -好吧 |
[47:30] | Well, I’m going through the Helix case, | 我正在处理第二螺旋的案子 |
[47:32] | and in non-TV reality, I spend most of my time | 这可不是什么真人秀 我大部分时间 |
[47:36] | flipping through files exactly like this. | 都会像现在这样翻阅文件 |
[47:38] | – And what are you looking for? – Discrepancies. | -那你在找什么 -不符之处 |
[47:40] | Small changes in a zero or a comma. | 数字位数或者标点符号的不同 |
[47:43] | Something out of place. | 一些不恰当的地方 |
[47:44] | And you do it alone? | 你就自己一个人做吗 |
[47:47] | – I do. – You know, in TV, | -没错 -在电视里 |
[47:48] | we’d put someone there with you. | 我们会给你派个人 |
[47:50] | So you can explain what you’re doing. | 这样你就能把你要做的事解释给他听 |
[47:53] | Do you know this joke? | 你听说过这个笑话吗 |
[47:56] | This is an actor realizing he forgot his wallet. | 这是演员知道他忘拿钱包的样子 |
[48:07] | This is a non-actor | 这是现实中 |
[48:09] | realizing he forgot his wallet. | 忘拿钱包的人的样子 |
[48:15] | Yeah, well, see, that’s why I don’t like TV. | 好吧 瞧 这就是我不喜欢电视的原因 |
[48:18] | ‘Cause it’s a lie. | 因为都是假的 |
[48:19] | Yeah, but what isn’t a lie these days, though? | 是啊 但是这段时间不就跟假的似的 |
[48:21] | Politics, art, science. Everything is TV. | 政治 艺术 科学 都和演电视一样 |
[48:24] | And that’s a good thing? | 这是好事吗 |
[48:25] | No, it’s an important thing to know. | 不 但意识到这件事很重要 |
[48:27] | If your country realized | 如果你的国家意识到 |
[48:28] | Trump was cast in The Apprentice and didn’t create it, | 特朗普会主持《飞黄腾达》 而不开发节目 |
[48:31] | things could be a hell of a lot better right now. | 现在的情况可能要好很多 |
[48:33] | The original idea for The Apprentice | 《飞黄腾达》一开始的想法是 |
[48:35] | was to have a new CEO each week, | 每周换一位新的首席执行官当主持人 |
[48:36] | so think about it– | 所以想想看 |
[48:38] | Martha Stewart could’ve been president. | 玛莎·斯图尔特有可能当上总统 |
[48:43] | – Hello? -Lucca, it’s Evelyn. | -你好 -卢卡 是我伊夫林 |
[48:44] | I locked myself out of your apartment… | 我把自己锁在你家门外了 |
[48:46] | You did what? | 你怎么了 |
[48:47] | – What’s wrong? – No. No, stay there. | -发生了什么 -别 别 待着别动 |
[48:49] | I’ll be… I’ll be 20 minutes. | 我…20分钟后到 |
[48:52] | – What’s wrong? – Uh, my… | -怎么了 -我… |
[48:53] | I have to go. My nanny– | 我得走了 我的保姆… |
[48:54] | she’s locked herself out of the apartment | 她把自己锁房子外面了 |
[48:56] | and my baby is inside. | 我的宝宝还在屋里 |
[48:58] | You have a baby? | 你有宝宝了 |
[48:59] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[49:01] | Let’s go, I’ll drive you. | 我们走吧 我载你去 |
[49:02] | No, it’s-it’s fine. I have a car. | 不 不用了 我有车 |
[49:03] | But my driver’s downstairs. He’ll take us. | 但我的司机就在楼下 他可以载我们 |
[49:16] | All rise. | 起立 |
[49:20] | She’s worried. Ask her to recuse. | 她看起来很担心 让她回避 |
[49:24] | Please sit. | 请坐 |
[49:28] | Okay. I certainly heard your passionate arguments, | 我已经听过了你们的激烈争论 |
[49:32] | and I understand that this is an issue | 我也理解对于这个问题 |
[49:34] | that we all take deeply seriously, | 我们都看得很重要 |
[49:36] | but there is little evidence | 但证据不足以表明 |
[49:38] | that these voting machines have been compromised. | 这些投票机被动过手脚 |
[49:41] | Your Honor, I’d like to request… | 法官阁下 我请求… |
[49:42] | No, sir. You… | 等等 先生 你… |
[49:44] | you need to sit. | 你坐下 |
[49:50] | In fact, I’m a little puzzled | 事实上 我有点不解 |
[49:52] | why people claiming to care about | 为何人们声称关心 |
[49:55] | the integrity of the voting system | 投票制度的完整性 |
[49:57] | have devoted so many hours to undermining it. | 却花了这么多时间来破坏它 |
[50:03] | You have something to add, counselor? | 你有什么要补充的吗 律师 |
[50:08] | Well, if not, then… | 如果没有 那么… |
[50:11] | this case is dismissed with prejudice. | 驳回起诉 案件已经过实体审判 |
[50:13] | Your Honor, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 法官阁下 |
[50:14] | Not with prejudice, | 不能算经过实体审判 |
[50:15] | that will prevent us from relitigating this case… | 这样我们就无法再诉了… |
[50:17] | Yeah, you heard me, counselor. | 没错 你听到我的话了 律师 |
[50:20] | With prejudice. | 已经过实体审判 |
[51:04] | Everything good? | 一切都还好吧 |
[51:05] | Yeah. | 很好 |
[51:07] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[51:08] | he didn’t even notice. | 他浑然不知 |
[51:10] | I’m glad. | 那很好 |
[51:13] | Well, I should go. | 我该走了 |
[51:16] | – I’ll see you tomorrow. – Yeah. Great. | -我们明天见 -好的 |
[51:26] | Okay. | 走了 |
[51:28] | Okay. So, um… | 好的 那… |
[51:31] | – see you. – See you. | -再见 -再见 |
[51:50] | I, uh… | 我… |
[52:17] | Heard the news. Tough loss. | 知道消息了 损失惨重 |
[52:21] | How far along are you in the coding? | 编程进行的怎么样了 |
[52:23] | Almost done. | 快完事了 |
[52:25] | And this thing is really gonna flip Republican votes? | 这样真的会让共和党人的票反着投吗 |
[52:28] | Yes. Why? | 没错 怎么了 |
[52:30] | You gonna try to talk me out of it? | 你要试图说服我吗 |
[52:32] | No. | 不 |
[52:34] | I want to push the button. | 我想亲自按下按钮 |