时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | You know what’s going on here? | 你知道这里发生了什么事吗 |
[00:12] | About my father raping secretaries? | 关于我父亲强奸秘书的事 |
[00:15] | Yes. | 知道 |
[00:16] | I want you to find out if there are any more | 我想让你找找看是否还有其他女性 |
[00:17] | women that he’s raped in the firm, | 被他强奸的 在这个律所里 |
[00:21] | in the world. | 在这个世界上 |
[00:22] | I want to know everything, so don’t bury it. | 我想知道一切 所以别藏着掖着 |
[00:27] | I heard they fire half of us in the first month. | 我听说他们第一个月就会解雇一半的人 |
[00:29] | Oh, yeah, yeah, I heard that, too. | 没错 我也听说了 |
[00:34] | We should stick together. | 我们应该团结起来 |
[00:35] | I’m Lili. | 我叫莉莉 |
[00:37] | Maia. | 玛娅 |
[00:41] | They’re calling it the Great Chicago Flood. | 他们管这个叫”芝加哥大洪水” |
[00:44] | Eight inches of rain in the next 48 hours | 未来48小时的降雨量将达20厘米 |
[00:47] | will mean this is the wettest May ever. | 这会是有史以来降雨量最多的五月 |
[00:50] | And with a cold snap on the horizon, | 随着即将到来的寒流 |
[00:51] | we could see a sudden drop in temperatures | 我们可以看到气温骤降 |
[00:54] | and several freak incidents… | 以及一些反常现象… |
[00:55] | Look, there was a large puddle in front of the store. | 商店前面有一个大水坑 |
[00:58] | With bad drainage. | 排水非常不好 |
[00:59] | I-It was their fault! | 这是他们的错 |
[01:03] | Are you paying attention? | 你在听我说吗 |
[01:05] | Why are you asking me to repeat this again? | 你为什么又让我重复一遍呢 |
[01:07] | Because I’m taking careful notes, Brian. | 因为我在认真做笔记 布莱恩 |
[01:10] | That’s what we do here at Consult a Lawyer. | 这是我们律师咨询热线的做事态度 |
[01:12] | Listen to me, it’s their fault! | 听我说 是他们的错 |
[01:13] | Well, say that again so I can take my careful notes. | 请再说一遍 我好仔细记下来 |
[01:16] | Your commercial… | 你们的广告… |
[01:17] | Maia, I have a very important legal emergency on line three. | 玛娅 我三号线有个很重要的法律紧急情况 |
[01:21] | Doesn’t sound like you’re caring. | 听上去你一点都不在乎 |
[01:25] | I got two pickles today. Want one? | 我今天带了两根腌黄瓜 来一根吗 |
[01:26] | Is it sweet? | 是甜的吗 |
[01:27] | Nope. | 不是 |
[01:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:31] | Did you see the new guy in cubicle 784? | 你看见784号工位的那个新来的了吗 |
[01:33] | He’s from our old job. | 从我们老东家过来的 |
[01:35] | You’re kidding, from Lockhart/Deckler? | 不会吧 洛哈特&德克尔来的 |
[01:37] | Yeah. Roger. He got fired four months ago. | 是的 罗杰 四个月前被解雇的 |
[01:40] | Said there were only two people left from our class. | 据说我们那一批只剩下两个人了 |
[01:43] | They should have T-shirts made up for us. | 他们应该给咱们做件T恤衫 |
[01:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[01:47] | They’ll all die of heart attacks and we’ll live forever. | 他们都会死于心脏病突发 而我们长命百岁 |
[01:57] | I’m sorry, Brian, you were saying? | 抱歉 布莱恩 你刚才说什么 |
[01:58] | Listen to me…. | 听我说 |
[02:00] | Your commercial led me to believe that you care. | 你们的广告让我相信你们在乎客户 |
[02:03] | I’m telling you, it’s their fault. | 我告诉你 是他们的错 |
[02:07] | Are you listening? | 你在听我说吗 |
[02:08] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[02:12] | Put that down. Let’s go. | 摘了 咱们走 |
[02:14] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[02:15] | Put down the headset, come on. This place gives me the creeps. | 把耳机摘了 快走 这地方让我毛骨悚然 |
[02:19] | What do you want, Blum? | 你想要什么 布鲁姆 |
[02:20] | I want you to come with me. Did I not make that clear? | 我想让你跟我走 我说得不够清楚吗 |
[02:23] | I got a job. | 我有工作 |
[02:24] | You got me fired. | 你害得我被炒了 |
[02:25] | Yes, and that was five weeks ago. | 是的 那是五个星期前的事了 |
[02:28] | Now I want to give you a job. Keep up. | 现在我要给你一份工作 跟上进度 |
[02:31] | What job? | 什么工作 |
[02:31] | What does it matter? | 无所谓吧 |
[02:33] | Exactly. My job is not in this shithole. | 是的 我的工作又不在这个狗窝 |
[02:38] | I’m counting to three. | 我数到三 |
[02:40] | I’ll take it. | 我去 |
[02:41] | I’ll take it. | 我去 |
[02:43] | No, I’m here now. | 不 我就在这 |
[02:45] | Yes. Yes. | 好的 好 |
[02:51] | Hail. Next there’ll be frogs. | 天啊 接下来就该下青蛙了 |
[02:54] | No, I think this is right. | 不 我认为这是对的 |
[02:55] | Okay. I’ll call you back. | 好的 我会给你回电 |
[02:58] | Okay, that was Neil. We have agreed on a plan. | 好了 刚才是尼尔 我们同意了一个计划 |
[03:01] | We want to keep working with your firm. | 我们想继续和你们律所合作 |
[03:03] | Good. Uh, we want that, too. | 很好 我们也想继续合作 |
[03:05] | You’re not the biggest in Chicago, | 你们不是芝加哥最大的律所 |
[03:06] | but we appreciate your diversity. | 但是我们喜欢你们的多元化 |
[03:08] | Unfortunately, we are living in a #MeToo world, | 不幸的是 我们生活在”我也是”世界 |
[03:11] | and Chumhum has zero tolerance for sexual coercion these days. | 查查网对如今的性胁迫持零容忍态度 |
[03:15] | Uh, my father died two years ago, Ms. Lamore, | 我父亲两年前去世的 拉莫尔女士 |
[03:17] | and we have addressed that issue with his victims. | 我们已经和他的受害者讨论过这个问题 |
[03:19] | Yes, but you’re planning on going public | 是的 但是你们打算把这些犯罪行为 |
[03:22] | with these offenses, and your bad PR will be ours. | 公诸于世 你们的不良公共关系会影响我们 |
[03:25] | So what do you want us to do? | 你想让我们做什么呢 |
[03:26] | We want the firm | 我们希望律所 |
[03:27] | to finance an investigation on how it handled these incidents. | 为针对如何处理这些事件的调查付费 |
[03:32] | This is Brenda Decarlo. She is a lawyer | 这位是布兰达·戴卡洛 她是一名 |
[03:35] | specializing in issues on sexual impropriety. | 专门处理不当性行为问题的律师 |
[03:38] | She investigated the Olympic track abuse last year. | 她调查了去年的奥运会径赛性侵事件 |
[03:41] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[03:47] | We want her to have unfettered access to your firm. | 我们希望她有了解贵律所事务的最高权限 |
[03:50] | We need to make sure there are no remaining cultural issues. | 我们需要确保没有任何遗留的文化问题 |
[03:53] | What do you mean “Cultural issues”? | “文化问题”是什么意思 |
[03:55] | An environment that encourages | 一个鼓励恐惧和特权 |
[03:57] | the culture of fear, entitlement, | 以及缺乏问责制度的 |
[03:59] | and lack of accountability. | 企业文化环境 |
[04:07] | I’m sorry, I know that’s not funny. | 抱歉 我知道这不好笑 |
[04:09] | I have PBA, | 我患有PBA |
[04:10] | pseudobulbar affect. | 假性延髓情绪 |
[04:12] | These are cards explaining it. | 这是解释这个病症的小卡片 |
[04:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:17] | Is this investigation really necessary? | 这个调查真的有必要吗 |
[04:19] | When you go public, we want to point to a record | 你们公之于众的时候 我们希望能够拿得出 |
[04:21] | giving you a clean bill of health, | 证明贵律所健康无害的报告 |
[04:22] | so, yes, if you want to keep us as a client, it is necessary. | 如果想让我们继续做你的客户 这是必须的 |
[04:30] | No one’s condemning anyone. | 不会谴责任何人 |
[04:32] | We just want to get a read on the culture here | 我们只是想了解一下我们 |
[04:34] | at Reddick, Boseman, Lockhart. | 雷迪克&博斯曼&洛哈特律所的文化 |
[04:36] | Now, Ms. Decarlo here will be pulling you all aside, | 现在戴卡洛女士会把你们叫到一边 |
[04:39] | asking some questions, just getting a sense | 问一些问题 了解我们是如何 |
[04:41] | of how we operate. | 运营管理的 |
[04:44] | You can be as candid with her as you would be with us. | 你对她可以像对我们一样坦诚 |
[04:47] | More, actually. | 甚至更坦诚 |
[04:51] | So I want to say | 我想要说的是 |
[04:52] | thank you to you | 感谢大家 |
[04:54] | for the best year this law firm has had. | 今年是律所最辉煌的一年 |
[04:58] | More clients, more billable hours. | 客户多了 工时多了 |
[05:01] | And that is because of each and every one of you all. | 这都归功于在做的每一位 |
[05:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[05:15] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[05:16] | God, she’s a nut, | 天啊 她就是个疯子 |
[05:18] | but we have a gun to our head, you know? | 但是我们受制于人 没有办法 |
[05:22] | Wait, Liz. | 等一下 莉兹 |
[05:25] | 书友会 最后一件事 | |
[05:25] | What’s that? | 怎么了 |
[05:26] | It’s an emergency. | 有紧急情况 |
[05:27] | What’s the emergency? | 什么紧急情况 |
[05:29] | I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:32] | Are you going? | 你去吗 |
[05:34] | Yes, are you? | 去 你呢 |
[05:35] | No. I’m done. | 不 我退出了 |
[05:41] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[05:43] | No. | 不 |
[05:45] | What do you mean “No”? | 你说”不”是什么意思 |
[05:46] | You know, I thought you were pulling me out of hell, | 我以为你要是把我从地狱里拉出来 |
[05:48] | but I think you’re just dragging me deeper. | 但是我觉得你让我坠得更深了 |
[05:51] | Look, I’m months behind in billing. | 我好几个月没整理账本了 |
[05:53] | There are counsel fee awards I haven’t collected… | 有些律师咨询费我还没收到 |
[05:56] | You don’t need an attorney for that. | 这事你不用找律师 |
[05:57] | I need someone I can trust. | 我需要有个我信任的人 |
[06:01] | Someone competent. Annunciata. | 一个能管事的 小天使 |
[06:04] | I don’t want to be your office manager, okay? | 我不想给你当办公室经理 |
[06:07] | Or someone relegated to bill collecting. | 也不想作贱成一个要账的 |
[06:08] | Well, I don’t want that either. | 我也不想 |
[06:11] | You know, I got Spencer Marsh coming in tomorrow. | 斯宾塞·马什明天要来 |
[06:15] | The CEO? | 那个总裁 |
[06:15] | Yup. | 是的 |
[06:17] | Oh, he thinks your father was a great man. | 他认为你父亲是个了不起的人 |
[06:23] | Ah, my father. | 我父亲 |
[06:24] | See, that’s why you want me. | 这就是你想招我的原因 |
[06:26] | No, it’s ’cause of your sunny disposition. | 不 是因为你阳光的心态 |
[06:28] | Of course that’s why I want you. | 当然这是我想让你来的原因 |
[06:30] | Or would you rather be liked | 你是希望自己被喜欢 |
[06:31] | or needed? And if you don’t say “Needed,” | 还是被需要 如果你不说被需要 |
[06:34] | I’m kicking you right out of here. | 我马上就把你踢出去 |
[06:38] | Okay, here’s what we need to do. | 好吧 我们需要这样做 |
[06:40] | You need a real office in a real building in the Loop. | 你要在商业中心的大楼里有个真正的办公室 |
[06:45] | Spencer, he won’t even enter a room like this. | 斯宾塞 他是不会进入这样的屋子的 |
[06:48] | Okay. How much? | 好吧 多少钱 |
[06:50] | What it costs? | 要花多少钱 |
[06:54] | I’ll work with an initial budget of 55 grand a month | 我需要每个月五万五的初始预算 |
[06:57] | to get your office up and running. | 帮你把办公室正常运作起来 |
[06:59] | No. No, no, no, no. Way too much. | 不不不 太多了 |
[07:02] | It’s what a real office costs, you know. | 真正的办公室就是要花这么多钱 |
[07:05] | I saw what you charged Avery Ward. | 我看见你给艾弗里·沃德开的价了 |
[07:07] | You can afford it. | 你负担得起 |
[07:09] | Oh, you have an evil look in your eye. | 你眼神里透露着邪恶 |
[07:12] | It’s what I look like these days. | 我这些日子都是这个表情 |
[07:16] | $45,000 a month. | 四万五一个月 |
[07:18] | That’s your budget. | 就给你这么多预算 |
[07:19] | 50. | 五万 |
[07:32] | Thank you for calling Consult a Lawyer. | 感谢您致电律师咨询热线 |
[07:33] | This is Lili. Please tell me a little about your issue. | 我是莉莉 请把您遇到的问题告诉我 |
[07:37] | Lili, shut up, it’s Maia. | 莉莉 别说了 我是玛娅 |
[07:39] | Maia? | 玛娅 |
[07:40] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[07:41] | Opening an office. | 设立办公室 |
[07:42] | I need you to quit. | 我想让你辞了 |
[07:44] | Quit what? | 辞什么 |
[07:45] | Your job. | 你的工作 |
[07:46] | Join me at a new firm I’m forming. I’ll pay double. | 来我创立的新律所吧 工资翻倍 |
[07:52] | I have another pickle from my sandwich. | 我的三明治还有一根腌黄瓜 |
[07:53] | Do you want me to bring it? | 你想让我带过来吗 |
[07:54] | Sure. | 当然 |
[08:03] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[08:06] | Where’s Liz? | 莉兹呢 |
[08:08] | She’s not coming. | 她不来了 |
[08:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:13] | She’s done. | 她退出了 |
[08:14] | Do you think it’s her? | 你觉得是她吗 |
[08:16] | No, her profile came up clean. | 不 她的简历没有嫌疑 |
[08:17] | That doesn’t mean anything. | 那不意味着什么 |
[08:19] | We don’t know what she could do. | 我们不知道她会做什么 |
[08:20] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[08:21] | “Watch out for traitors. | “小心有叛徒 |
[08:23] | There are people who want to stop us.” | 有人想要阻止我们” |
[08:25] | Who’s that from? | 谁发的 |
[08:26] | Valerie. | 瓦莱莉 |
[08:27] | We asked her how the hack got stopped. | 我们问她黑投票机的事为什么叫停了 |
[08:29] | That’s what she wrote back. | 她就是这样回复的 |
[08:30] | “This is my suggestion. | “这是我的建议 |
[08:32] | “We need to revert to fuller measures. | 我们需要退一步采取更全面的措施 |
[08:34] | That’s the only way to educate the White House.” | 这是教训白宫的唯一方法” |
[08:36] | What does that mean, fuller measures? | 更全面的措施 指的是什么 |
[08:39] | “I would suggest our first target: | “我建议我们的第一个目标 |
[08:40] | “Michael Tyrek. | 迈克尔·提瑞克 |
[08:41] | “He’s the designer of the border strategy, | 他是边境战略的设计者 |
[08:43] | “And he’s currently responsible for the death | 他现在要为厄尔巴索笼里 |
[08:45] | “of three children in El Paso cages. | 死去的三个孩子负责 |
[08:48] | He must be stopped.” | 必须要阻止他” |
[08:48] | I’m sorry, but what, what are fuller measures? | 抱歉 但是 更全面的措施是什么 |
[08:52] | Swatting him. | 突袭他 |
[08:53] | Calling 911, telling them | 报警 告诉警察 |
[08:55] | that there’s a masked intruder in Michael Tyrek’s house. | 有个蒙面闯入者闯进了迈克尔·提瑞克的房子 |
[08:58] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[08:59] | Giving him some of what he gave | 以他对边境孩子之道 |
[09:00] | those kids at the border. | 还治其人之身 |
[09:01] | Three children died. | 三个孩子没命了 |
[09:02] | One from dehydration, some from neglect. | 一个死于脱水 其它死于疏于照顾 |
[09:05] | That doesn’t mean it’s right. I mean, swatting? | 那不意味着这样做就是对的 突袭不好吧 |
[09:08] | Why doesn’t it? | 为什么不好 |
[09:10] | Because he could get killed. | 因为他可能会被误杀 |
[09:11] | Like he killed those kids? | 就像他杀掉那些孩子 |
[09:13] | Look, I’m not defending Tyrek, | 我不是为提瑞克辩护 |
[09:15] | but these tactics are seriously wrong. | 但是这些战术错得太离谱了 |
[09:18] | Not according to Valerie. | 瓦莱莉不这样认为 |
[09:23] | Okay. That is not a text from Valerie. | 好吧 那不是瓦莱莉发的短信 |
[09:26] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:31] | Valerie is not who she said she was. | 瓦莱莉的身份并非如她所说 |
[09:35] | She is a con woman who started this resistance | 她是一个骗子 她发起了这场反抗活动 |
[09:39] | so she could take our money. | 是为了拿走我们的钱 |
[09:42] | She is currently in Rikers. | 她目前在莱克斯监狱服刑 |
[09:44] | And I have to admit, I-I made up her first text | 我承认 我编造了她的第一条短信 |
[09:47] | because I thought this group was doing good work, | 因为我认为这个组织的所为是正义 |
[09:50] | and I didn’t want us to disband. | 我不希望我们解散 |
[09:51] | I’m sorry, what? | 你说什么 |
[09:54] | I pretended that Valerie was real, | 我假装瓦莱莉是真的 |
[09:57] | so we could continue the resistance. | 这样我们才能继续反抗 |
[09:59] | Then why do I have a text from her? | 那我为什么收到了她的短息 |
[10:01] | Because it’s not a text from her. You made that up. | 因为那不是她发的 那是你编的 |
[10:04] | I had my investigator | 我让我的调查员 |
[10:06] | check on that number. It is your number, | 查了那个号码 是你的 |
[10:09] | and you sent it to yourself. | 你自己发给自己的 |
[10:14] | Hey, hey, hey. Can I interrupt for a sec? | 等等 我能打断一下吗 |
[10:17] | Valerie warned us that someone would try to break us up, | 瓦莱莉警告我们有人企图分裂我们 |
[10:19] | and that’s what she’s doing. | 她就是这么做 |
[10:20] | – No. – Yes. | -不 -是的 |
[10:21] | She’s saying exactly the things | 她所说的事情 |
[10:23] | to get us to distrust ourselves. | 正是让我们互相猜疑的 |
[10:25] | I agree. We’re not the enemies here. | 我同意 我们之间不是敌人 |
[10:28] | The enemy is Michael Tyrek. | 敌人是迈克尔·提瑞克 |
[10:29] | Diane, | 戴安 |
[10:30] | at the very minimum, what you’re admitting | 至少 你承认你撒谎了 |
[10:32] | is that you lied. Why do we trust you now? | 那我们现在为什么还要相信你 |
[10:35] | If I have evidence… | 如果我有证据… |
[10:36] | If you have evidence, let’s see it. | 如果你有证据 拿给我们看 |
[10:41] | Fine. | 好 |
[10:43] | Hey, Jay. | 杰 |
[10:45] | Do you still have that material on Valerie Underwood? | 你还有瓦莱莉·安德伍德的材料吗 |
[10:48] | The con woman in Rikers? Yes. | 莱克斯监狱的那个女骗子 有 |
[10:50] | Can you get me the research on her? | 你能把调研报告给我吗 |
[10:52] | Sure. I’ll put it on your desk. | 当然 我放你桌上 |
[10:54] | Good, and if you have a mug shot, | 好 如果有入案照片的话 |
[10:56] | that would be, that would be helpful. | 那就会 非常有帮助 |
[10:58] | Yeah, no problem. | 好的 没问题 |
[10:59] | Today is about transparency | 今天的主题是在安全的空间里 |
[11:01] | and honesty in a safe space, | 保持透明和诚实 |
[11:03] | and I just want you to know, | 我只想让大家知道 |
[11:05] | none of what we say here is gonna go any further. | 我们在这里所说的内容不会深究 |
[11:08] | This is just for my edification. | 只是为了给我一点启发 |
[11:12] | All right, so let’s do our first question. | 好了 我们来问第一个问题 |
[11:14] | Do any of you have any knowledge of other employees | 你们当中有人知道其他员工 |
[11:16] | who were subject to sexual coercion | 受到卡尔·雷迪克 |
[11:18] | by Carl Reddick or any coworker? | 或其他同事的性胁迫吗 |
[11:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:24] | This is a bit broader question now. | 这个问题现在有点笼统 |
[11:27] | Have any of you been harassed by anyone at this firm? | 你们中有人被公司里的人骚扰过吗 |
[11:32] | Well, are-are we only talking sex? | 我们说的只是性方面的吗 |
[11:34] | Not necessarily. Why? | 不一定 怎么了 |
[11:36] | Well, I mean, it’s not sexual, | 我想说的不是性方面的 |
[11:38] | but this firm definitely has a lot of racial issues. | 不过这家律所确实有很多种族问题 |
[11:40] | Oh, come on, are you kidding me? | 别闹了 开什么玩笑 |
[11:42] | No, I’m not. What would you describe it as? | 我没有 那你觉得是什么 |
[11:44] | Okay, I don’t think that’s what the report is about. | 我认为这份报告关心的问题 |
[11:45] | She asked the question. | 她问了问题 |
[11:46] | So you want us to just shut up? | 你是想让我们什么都不说吗 |
[11:47] | Isn’t that part of the problem? | 这难道不是问题的一部分吗 |
[11:48] | Okay, wait, l-let’s go back. | 好了 等一下 我们退一步 |
[11:50] | What are the racial issues you’re talking about? | 你说的种族问题是什么 |
[11:52] | You were paid. All of you associates got money. | 你们拿钱了 所有的律师都拿钱了 |
[11:54] | Because they’re trying to pay us off. | 因为他们想封我们的口 |
[11:56] | The partners want us to shut up. | 合伙人想收买我们 |
[11:58] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[11:59] | That’s why they gave us the bonuses. | 所以他们才给我们奖金 |
[12:00] | That was the agreement. | 这在合同里写着 |
[12:03] | Uh, okay, so why were you paid? | 好吧 这是什么报酬 |
[12:05] | We were paid one-time bonuses. | 一次性奖金 |
[12:06] | To shut us up. | 封口费 |
[12:08] | Okay, so let’s talk about that. | 那我们谈谈这个 |
[12:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:17] | Wow. I like the smell. | 我喜欢这气味 |
[12:21] | I do, too. | 我也是 |
[12:22] | If you like it, I’d snap it up. | 如果你们喜欢 我可以加大剂量 |
[12:24] | I have a start-up circling. | 我有个启动循环系统 |
[12:27] | Does it come with the furniture? | 带家具吗 |
[12:29] | It can. I’ll need a six-month commitment. | 可以 我需要六个月的租约 |
[12:32] | When can we move in? | 我们什么时候能搬进来 |
[12:33] | You sign the papers, you could be in today. | 现在签字的话 今天就能搬进来 |
[12:38] | How tall are you? | 你有多高 |
[12:38] | Me? Six foot. | 我吗 一米八三 |
[12:40] | You should be my secretary. I need a secretary. | 你应该当我的秘书 我需要一位秘书 |
[12:43] | Let me think about it. | 让我想想 |
[12:44] | Can I feel your arm? | 我能摸摸你的手臂吗 |
[12:46] | Yes. | 来吧 |
[12:49] | I want this place. | 我想要这地方 |
[12:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:54] | We want it. | 我们要了 |
[12:59] | Look, as a man, | 听着 作为一个男人 |
[13:01] | I acknowledge sexual harassment is a problem. | 我承认性骚扰是一个问题 |
[13:04] | Oh, thank you. As a man? | 真是谢谢你 作为一个男人 |
[13:06] | We appreciate you recognizing that. | 我们很感谢你认识到这个问题 |
[13:08] | Oh, my God, I’m on your side here. | 我的天 我是站在你这边的 |
[13:09] | Really? You’re on our side? You’re against rape? | 真的 站我们这边 你反对强奸 |
[13:12] | Wow. Thank you. | 真意外 谢谢你了 |
[13:12] | I mean, I-I appreciate it. | 真是感激不尽 |
[13:13] | I’m just saying there are other problems here, too. | 我只是说律所还有其他的问题 |
[13:16] | And what are they? | 比如什么 |
[13:17] | Number one: men weren’t even considered | 首先 婚姻法事务部招主管的时候 |
[13:19] | to head up Matrimonial Affairs. | 压根不考虑男性候选人 |
[13:21] | Uh, hold on, you’re attacking my department now? | 等等 你现在要攻击我的部门吗 |
[13:23] | We have two female name partners | 我们有两位女性冠名合伙人 |
[13:25] | who are biased against men. | 她们都对男性有偏见 |
[13:27] | Ugh, wow, yes, please educate us | 是啊 快给我们介绍一下 |
[13:29] | about the perils of the working man. | 工作男性所面临的危险 |
[13:31] | You’re in no place to criticize. | 你没资格批评 |
[13:32] | You’re basically stealing Jay’s job. | 你抢了杰的工作 |
[13:34] | What? I’m not stealing his job. | 什么 我才没抢谁的工作 |
[13:36] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 我就是这个意思 |
[13:37] | Women have an inside track here. | 在这家律所里女性能走后门 |
[13:38] | No, no, no, no, no, no. That is not a gender thing, | 不不不 这与性别无关 |
[13:40] | that is a race thing. | 是种族问题 |
[13:41] | What about class disparity? | 那阶级差异呢 |
[13:42] | That’s right. This place is divided along racial lines. | 没错 这地方就是按种族划分阶级 |
[13:45] | No, it isn’t. The mail room didn’t see a cent | 不 不是 你们拿到的奖金 |
[13:48] | of the bonuses y’all got. | 收发室一分没拿到 |
[13:49] | Yeah, but that’s because of race. | 但那是因为种族 |
[13:50] | No. You don’t even know my name, do you? | 不是 你都不知道我的名字 对吧 |
[13:53] | What does that have to do with this? | 这有什么关系 |
[13:54] | When you need our support, it’s black power, | 当你们需要我们支持时 就是黑人权力 |
[13:57] | but when we need your support, you don’t even see us. | 但反过来时 你们根本看不见我们 |
[14:00] | Oh, okay… | 别扯了 |
[14:00] | That is absolute truth. | 这是无可争辩的事实 |
[14:02] | Don’t even debate about that. | 这事别争了 |
[14:07] | You got a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[14:09] | Sure. | 当然 |
[14:12] | This investigator is supposed to interview us all tomorrow. | 这个调查员明天要找我们所有人谈话 |
[14:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:16] | So just be honest. You’ll be fine. | 实话实说 你会没事的 |
[14:17] | One of her questions was, “Do you have knowledge | 她的其中一个问题是”你是否知道 |
[14:19] | of other victims of Mr. Reddick’s coercion?” | 雷迪克先生其他的性胁迫受害者” |
[14:22] | Well, that makes sense. | 有道理 |
[14:27] | That folder I gave you, | 我给你的那份文件 |
[14:28] | the investigation into the other women. | 调查其他受害女性的文件 |
[14:30] | I know, I, uh… | 我知道 我… |
[14:32] | I still haven’t read it. | 我还没有看 |
[14:34] | I will. | 我会看的 |
[14:37] | In the meantime… | 与此同时 |
[14:39] | Nothing to Brenda? | 不要告诉布兰达 |
[14:40] | For now. | 暂时别说 |
[14:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:43] | Oh, Marissa. | 梅丽莎 |
[14:45] | Are there any other copies of that report? | 这份文件有其他备份吗 |
[14:48] | No. | 没有 |
[14:48] | My notes, but that’s it. | 除了我的笔记 没别的了 |
[14:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:51] | Good. We’ll talk tomorrow. Thanks. | 很好 我们明天再聊 谢谢 |
[15:03] | Liz. | 莉兹 |
[15:04] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[15:05] | The, uh, investigator has a question for us. | 调查员有问题问我们 |
[15:07] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[15:08] | Uh, just a quick question. I think it’s best | 一个小问题 我觉得最好 |
[15:10] | to address this together– Please. Hi. | 等你们都在场时 请坐吧 你好 |
[15:14] | Hi. | 你好 |
[15:15] | Is it going well downstairs? | 楼下一切顺利吗 |
[15:16] | Oh, it’s going… fascinating. | 一切都很…让人惊奇 |
[15:19] | Well, that’s… | 好吧 |
[15:21] | not the word I was expecting. | 我没料到你会用这个词 |
[15:23] | So, as part of my investigation, | 作为我调查的一部分 |
[15:25] | I’ve perused company e-mails… | 我仔细阅读了公司内部邮件 |
[15:33] | And it’s come to my attention | 然后我注意到 |
[15:34] | that I would like to ask you about | 有两封邮件 |
[15:37] | two specific communications. | 我想询问一下 |
[15:40] | They were sent… | 是两封 |
[15:42] | between you two… | 你们之间的邮件 |
[15:45] | um, and they reference, | 其中提到了 |
[15:47] | uh, an inappropriate relationship | 一段不正常的关系 |
[15:49] | that it’s “Best no one know about.” | “最好不让其他人知道” |
[15:52] | Simple question. | 问题很简单 |
[15:53] | What’s the relationship you’re referencing? | 你们说的是哪段关系 |
[16:00] | And a year ago, you say right there, | 然后一年前 你在这里写道 |
[16:05] | “It’s over. | “结束了 |
[16:06] | It was a one-time thing. No one needs to know.” | 只是偶然事件 别人无需知道” |
[16:11] | It’s about Carl, clearly. | 这是关于卡尔 很显然 |
[16:14] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:16] | Right. | 对 |
[16:18] | Except it was sent three months after Mr. Reddick’s death. | 但这是在雷迪克先生去世后三个月 |
[16:21] | And eight months before, Ms. Reddick, | 以及雷迪克女士知晓 |
[16:24] | you were told about your father’s inappropriate actions. | 你父亲不正当举动八个月之前发的邮件 |
[16:27] | You know, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[16:28] | I think, I think this was about | 我觉得 我觉得这是关于 |
[16:31] | a relationship between two peers here at the firm. | 律所里两位同事的关系 |
[16:34] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:35] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:36] | Which two peers? | 哪两位同事 |
[16:38] | We’ve agreed to not divulge their names. | 我们同意了不泄露他们的名字 |
[16:41] | I won’t divulge their names, either. | 我也不会公开他们的名字 |
[16:44] | I just need to know that it was consensual | 我只需要知道这两位同事的关系 |
[16:46] | between two peers. | 是否是双方自愿的 |
[16:47] | I-It was consensual. | 是双方自愿的 |
[16:57] | It was between you two. | 是你们两个 |
[17:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:04] | Uh, it– | 那是 |
[17:06] | It was a moment of weakness. | 那是一时软弱 |
[17:09] | It was a one-time thing. | 只是偶然事件 |
[17:11] | I was recuperating | 我正从 |
[17:12] | from a gunshot injury. Liz was there. | 枪击事件中恢复 莉兹在我身边 |
[17:15] | Yeah, but as I said, it was consensual, | 对 但如我所说 是双方自愿的 |
[17:18] | and we are both name partners at the firm. | 我们都是律所的冠名合伙人 |
[17:22] | So… we would like to avoid any embarrassment | 所以我们不希望这个出现在报告里 |
[17:25] | by not including it in the report. | 以避免不必要的尴尬 |
[17:29] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[17:30] | It doesn’t fall under my original purview. | 这不在我原定调查范围内 |
[17:33] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:34] | But… | 不过 |
[17:36] | you both testified in court | 两位都曾在法庭作证 |
[17:39] | that there was no sexual… | 表示你们之间不存在 |
[17:42] | contact… | 性方面的 |
[17:44] | between you. | 接触 |
[17:46] | So… | 所以 |
[17:47] | that’s… | 那是 |
[17:50] | perjury. | 伪证 |
[18:00] | Is perjury part of your mission? | 调查伪证也属于你的任务吗 |
[18:03] | No. | 不属于 |
[18:05] | Not originally. | 不在原定范围中 |
[18:06] | So… | 那么… |
[18:07] | then there’s no need to pursue it. | 就没有追查的必要了 |
[18:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:27] | Fuck. | 操 |
[20:35] | Welcome to your office. | 欢迎来到你的办公室 |
[20:42] | I’ll show you around. | 我带你四处看看吧 |
[20:43] | How much is it? | 这多少钱 |
[20:45] | Doesn’t matter. | 不重要 |
[20:46] | I already committed you to six months. | 我已经帮你租了半年 |
[20:48] | I got to spend six months in here? | 我得在这地方待半年 |
[20:50] | You don’t have to spend six minutes in here, Roland, | 你连一秒钟都不需要在这里待着 罗兰 |
[20:53] | but this is your law firm now. | 但从现在开始这就是你的律师事务所了 |
[20:55] | Who’s she? | 她是什么人 |
[20:55] | Your head of litigation. | 诉讼负责人 |
[20:56] | Am I committed to her for six months, too? | 我也雇了她半年吗 |
[20:58] | Yeah, you are. | 没错 |
[21:00] | Now, this is your office, okay? That’s mine. | 这间是你的办公室 那间是我的 |
[21:03] | And that’s Lili’s. | 那间是莉莉的 |
[21:04] | Who’s Lili? | 莉莉是谁 |
[21:05] | I-I am. | 是我 |
[21:06] | Who goes into those offices? | 那些办公室归谁呢 |
[21:08] | I don’t know, that’s up to you. | 我也不知道 由你决定 |
[21:10] | Your entourage? | 你的陪游 |
[21:11] | As long as they don’t come out when clients are here. | 只要他们不在有客户的时候出来 |
[21:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:15] | I don’t like the smell. | 我不喜欢这股气味 |
[21:17] | I don’t like the decor, the view, | 我不喜欢这里的布置 这些东西 |
[21:19] | whatever the fuck that is… | 不管那些是什么东西 |
[21:20] | That’s called a desk. | 那叫做办公桌 |
[21:21] | What’s on the desk? | 办公桌上放的啥啊 |
[21:22] | The blotter? | 记录册吗 |
[21:23] | Look… | 听着 |
[21:25] | Clients come to me… | 客户们来找我 |
[21:27] | because I keep it personal, you know? | 是因为我的服务很个人化 你明白吗 |
[21:29] | Unorthodox. | 与众不同 |
[21:30] | When one of them comes in here, they’re gonna, | 如果有客户来这里 他们就会 |
[21:32] | they’re gonna think I’ve gone corporate. | 他们就会认为我公司化了 |
[21:33] | Roland, I’ve looked over your billing. | 罗兰 我看了你的账单 |
[21:36] | Okay? When was the last time you looked over your billing? | 好吧 你上次查看账单是什么时候 |
[21:38] | Is that a trick question? | 问题里是有什么陷阱吗 |
[21:39] | You’ve lost $800,000 to your entourage. | 你在陪游身上已经花了八十万美金 |
[21:43] | Do you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[21:44] | They’ve stolen it from you. | 他们已经偷偷抢了那么多 |
[21:45] | You’ve lost five clients in the last eight months | 你在过去八个月已经失去了五位客户 |
[21:47] | because they can’t get hold of you. | 因为他们联系不上你 |
[21:49] | Now, that is $1.3 million | 所以就是年账单里 |
[21:52] | in yearly billing down the drain | 有一百三十万都是白白流失 |
[21:54] | because you can’t pick up the fucking phone. | 就因为你不接电话 |
[21:55] | Don’t try and change me. | 别想要改变我 |
[21:56] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[21:58] | I will pick up the phone for you. | 我愿意帮你接电话 |
[21:59] | I will meet with clients here when you don’t. | 我愿意在你不方便的时候帮忙接待客户 |
[22:02] | You can fucking shoot up to your heart’s content, | 你可以尽情享乐 |
[22:04] | but you know… | 但你也知道 |
[22:05] | to do it right, you need money. | 要好好享乐 就需要钱 |
[22:09] | This is where you’ll make that money. | 这里就是你赚钱的地方 |
[22:15] | I don’t have to set foot in here? | 我不用来这里吗 |
[22:17] | No. | 是的 |
[22:19] | This is where you’ll set foot. | 你需要来的是这里 |
[22:58] | You understand me. | 你懂我 |
[22:59] | No. | 我不懂你 |
[23:01] | But I understand money. | 但我懂金钱 |
[23:02] | So you’re the… managing partner. | 这么说你就是 管理合伙人 |
[23:06] | I am. | 正是 |
[23:07] | Have you noticed the desks | 你有没有注意到 |
[23:08] | on the 22nd floor are segregated? | 22楼的办公桌安排有种族隔离 |
[23:11] | African Americans are all | 非裔美国人 |
[23:13] | in the northeast bullpen | 都在东北区 |
[23:14] | and the Caucasians are in the northwest bullpen. | 而白人都在西北边 |
[23:17] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[23:19] | Wait, what? | 慢着 什么 |
[23:20] | The workplace is segregated. | 工作区域有种族隔离 |
[23:22] | We don’t segregate. | 我们才没搞隔离 |
[23:24] | Mm-hmm, well, this is a map | 那么 这是律师 |
[23:26] | of how the associates | 及律师助理 |
[23:29] | and the paralegals are arranged. | 工位安排的示意图 |
[23:31] | Yeah, but we don’t do that. | 是这样 但我们没有搞隔离 |
[23:33] | We work on a hot desk system. | 我们是采用公用办公桌系统 |
[23:35] | The employee chooses their own desk. | 雇员们自行选择工位 |
[23:38] | Then they’re choosing segregation? | 所以隔离是他们自己选的吗 |
[23:40] | But that’s not us. | 但关键不在隔离 |
[23:42] | That’s the employee choosing where they want to sit. | 是雇员们自己选择想要的工位 |
[23:44] | I have individually interviewed all of the associates. | 我和每一位律师都单独进行过谈话 |
[23:48] | And many worry that | 很多人都担心 |
[23:50] | you pushed for Marissa Gold’s promotion | 你推动梅丽莎·戈德升职 |
[23:52] | because you’re sleeping with her. | 是因为你在跟她上床 |
[23:58] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[23:59] | Yes. No. | 还好 不好 |
[24:01] | Wait… wait. | 慢着 慢着 |
[24:03] | People think I’m sleeping with Marissa Gold? | 大家认为我和梅丽莎·戈德上床 |
[24:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:06] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[24:09] | On five occasions, you and Ms. Gold | 你和戈德女士曾经五次 |
[24:11] | left the firm together midday and shared a cab. | 在中午同时离开律所并搭乘同一计程车 |
[24:14] | But that’s… | 可那是 |
[24:15] | wait, how did you know that? | 慢着 你怎么知道的 |
[24:16] | Your company credit card. | 你的公司信用卡 |
[24:19] | And Ms. Gold’s off-site contact numbers | 而且戈德女士的非律所相关联系人 |
[24:21] | were the same as yours. | 和你的相同 |
[24:23] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[24:25] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[24:27] | Look. | 听着 |
[24:29] | Marissa was helping me to prepare for… | 梅丽莎是在帮我准备 |
[24:33] | an off-site job interview. | 非律所相关的工作面试 |
[24:36] | On five occasions? | 五次吗 |
[24:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:40] | Look, I haven’t told the other partners yet, | 听着 我还没告诉其他人 |
[24:41] | and I would ask that | 而且我希望你也 |
[24:43] | you keep it private. | 不要声张 |
[24:45] | But, uh… | 不过… |
[24:47] | I’m gonna be a federal judge. | 我将会成为联邦法官 |
[24:59] | Hello. Blum, Rindell & Associates. | 您好 布鲁姆&林德尔律所 |
[25:01] | How may I help you? | 有何需要 |
[25:04] | Uh, let me connect you. | 我帮你转过去 |
[25:07] | It’s that one. | 那个键 |
[25:09] | Do you know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[25:11] | Looks important. | 看起来很重要 |
[25:13] | It is. | 是的 |
[25:14] | Where was it? | 哪来的 |
[25:15] | On the floor. | 地上 |
[25:16] | Oh, good. | 很好 |
[25:19] | We’re ready to fuck them up, Spencer. | 我们准备要虐死他们 斯宾塞 |
[25:22] | Then why haven’t I been able to get you on the phone? | 那你为什么不接电话 |
[25:25] | Because I’m an asshole. | 因为我是个混蛋 |
[25:26] | And that’s why he has me. | 所以他请了我 |
[25:29] | He’s the fuck-up. | 他到处惹祸 |
[25:30] | I’m the killer. | 而我才是大杀四方的那个 |
[25:31] | You’re really a Rindell? | 你真的姓林德尔 |
[25:32] | Raised at his knee. | 耳濡目染 |
[25:34] | Taught me everything he knows. | 他把毕生所学都教给了我 |
[25:37] | Don’t be misled by her appearance. | 可别被她的外表所迷惑 |
[25:39] | She’s a Venus flytrap. | 她是株捕蝇草 |
[25:41] | Prosecutors think she’s a pushover, | 检察官们觉得她软弱无能 |
[25:43] | then… whomp. | 然后… 轰的一下 |
[25:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:47] | To be honest, I thought I’d take my business elsewhere. | 说实话 我本来想把生意给别家律所的 |
[25:50] | But you guys do to my enemies what your father did… | 但你们会像你父亲那样对待我的敌人… |
[25:53] | …and I’ll make you rich. | 我就会让你们发财 |
[25:55] | Well, that’s how we get off. | 竞争对手的眼泪 |
[25:56] | The tears of our opponents. | 就是我们的性奋剂 |
[25:58] | This was delivered for Blum. | 这是给布鲁姆的 |
[26:00] | For Blum? | 给布鲁姆 |
[26:03] | What the hell? | 这是怎么回事 |
[26:04] | Oh, they’re just fucking with me, that’s all. | 他们就是想整我 没别的 |
[26:07] | It’s Reddick/Boseman. | 是雷迪克&博斯曼律所 |
[26:09] | They’re an old firm, dying out. | 一家老律所 快完蛋了 |
[26:12] | And we’re a new firm. It’s just jealousy. | 而我们是家新律所 他们就是嫉妒 |
[26:14] | They’re getting you disbarred for | 他们要搞得你被吊销律师执照 |
[26:15] | suborning perjury. | 因为你唆使他人做假证 |
[26:16] | No, no, no. They’re trying to get me disbarred. | 不不不 他们想让我被吊销律师执照 |
[26:19] | But you can’t testify against me | 但你现在不能说对我不利的证词 |
[26:21] | and they don’t have anything else. | 而且他们没有任何其他的证据 |
[26:22] | Blum, this is a subpoena, okay? | 布鲁姆 这是传票 好吗 |
[26:24] | It could be the end of this firm. | 它可能会让这家律所关门 |
[26:26] | So stop it. | 那就去阻止他们 |
[26:27] | How do I do that? | 我怎么阻止他们 |
[26:28] | You know your firm. | 你了解你之前的律所 |
[26:30] | Help me fight ’em. | 帮我跟他们开战 |
[26:32] | You know, they have a problem with their founder, Reddick. | 你知道他们的创始人雷迪克有问题 |
[26:35] | He was raping secretaries. | 他强奸秘书 |
[26:37] | Will you stop making shit up? | 你能不再捏造这些破事了吗 |
[26:39] | I’m not making it up. | 我没有捏造 |
[26:40] | You’re already in enough trouble as it is. | 你惹的麻烦已经够多了 |
[26:42] | Okay? Suborning perjury. | 不是吗 唆使他人做假证 |
[26:43] | Don’t compound it. | 别把事情复杂化 |
[26:44] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[26:45] | More sinned against than sinning. | 我做什么了要受此重罚 |
[26:48] | Find out for yourself. | 你自己去查吧 |
[26:50] | Carl Reddick, civil rights icon, | 卡尔·雷迪克 民权偶像 |
[26:53] | was raping his secretaries. | 生前一直在强奸自己的秘书 |
[26:55] | That’s why Reddick/Boseman is coming after me. | 所以雷迪克&博斯曼律所要整我 |
[26:57] | Because I found out. | 因为我发现了这个秘密 |
[26:59] | 机密 瓦莱莉·安德希尔 | |
[27:05] | Two young Guatemalan children died yesterday | 两名危地马拉幼儿昨天在边境巡逻队的 |
[27:07] | in Border Patrol custody, causing protests in Washington. | 羁押中去世 华盛顿民众因此发起抗议 |
[27:11] | Senior White House consultant Michael Tyrek, | 白宫高级顾问 迈克尔·提瑞克 |
[27:13] | the mastermind behind the new familial | 也就是这一系列自我隔离的 |
[27:15] | self-estrangement border policy, | 全新边境政策的策划者 |
[27:17] | has continually reiterated that they do not separate families, | 不断重申他们没有让家人分离 |
[27:21] | insisting that the parents | 他坚称父母可以选择 |
[27:22] | can choose to keep their child with them | 和孩子一起羁押 |
[27:23] | in detention or release them to a government facility. | 或把他们交给政府机构看管 |
[27:26] | Do I find the loss of life at the border regrettable? | 我是否为边境逝去的生命感到遗憾 |
[27:30] | Of course I do. | 我当然觉得遗憾 |
[27:31] | But we did not put those children there. | 但孩子们的死亡不是我们造成的 |
[27:33] | Their parents did. | 是他们的父母造成的 |
[27:34] | And we will not take the blame for those children’s deaths. | 我们不会为孩子们的死亡承担责任 |
[27:40] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你怎么想 |
[27:42] | This is evil, right? | 这太邪恶了 对吗 |
[27:44] | Harming kids is evil. | 残害儿童是邪恶的 |
[27:46] | Especially when they’re as cute as that. | 特别是他们都那么可爱 |
[27:47] | This isn’t about cuteness. It’s about an evil policy. | 这跟可爱无关 是邪恶的政策导致的 |
[27:51] | But if you agreed with the policy, it wouldn’t be evil? | 但如果政策是你赞同的 就不邪恶了 |
[27:53] | No. If this were about killing children, | 不 只要它涉及到屠杀儿童就是邪恶的 |
[27:56] | it wouldn’t matter whether I agreed with the policy. | 与我是否赞同无关 |
[27:59] | Okay, then, let’s talk about abortion. | 好 那我们来谈谈堕胎 |
[28:00] | Oh, my God, I knew you were gonna go there. | 天哪 我就知道你会说到这个 |
[28:02] | Because it’s the obvious place to go. | 因为我们的谈话显然会谈到这个 |
[28:04] | In your mind, a woman’s right to choose | 你认为 女性选择的权利 |
[28:07] | trumps the right of the unborn. | 比未出世胎儿的权利更重要 |
[28:09] | In my mind, the integrity of our borders trumps the lives… | 而我认为 边境的完整比那些生命更重要 |
[28:11] | You would prefer to talk about the unborn because | 你更愿意谈论未出世的胎儿是因为 |
[28:13] | you don’t want to talk about these two Guatemalan children. | 你不想谈论那两名危地马拉儿童 |
[28:16] | So when do you start caring? | 那你是什么时候开始在乎他们的 |
[28:17] | When a child looks like this? | 当孩子的长相是这样时 |
[28:19] | You’re confusing matters. | 你在混淆视听 |
[28:21] | You don’t care about these children | 你根本不在乎那些边境的儿童 |
[28:23] | on the border because they don’t look like you. | 因为他们长得不像你 |
[28:27] | They’re not white. | 他们不是白人 |
[28:29] | You can’t empathize with them or their parents, | 你无法对他们或他们的父母产生同情心 |
[28:32] | and that allows you to do evil. | 所以你可以做邪恶的事 |
[28:34] | Yes, and, by that logic, | 没错 根据这个逻辑 |
[28:35] | you can’t empathize with the unborn | 你也无法对未出世的胎儿产生同情心 |
[28:37] | because they don’t look like you, | 因为他们长得不像你 |
[28:39] | and that allows you to do evil. | 所以你也可以做邪恶的事 |
[28:43] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[28:46] | Oh. Uh, yeah. It’s just, it’s the news. | 很好 只是这些新闻 |
[28:50] | Oh, God, | 天哪 |
[28:50] | I know. | 我明白 |
[28:52] | It’s awful these days. | 这几天太糟糕了 |
[28:55] | Is the Book Club on it? | 书友会要出手吗 |
[28:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:59] | Good. I mean, I might be done with them, | 很好 我是说我也许已经退出了 |
[29:02] | but I’m glad they’re out there fighting. | 但我很高兴看到她们还在战斗 |
[29:06] | I’ve come around to why you lied. | 我现在明白你为什么撒谎了 |
[29:22] | I have decided not to disclose what was in your investigation. | 我决定不公开你的调查内容 |
[29:27] | These six other women haven’t asked to come forward, | 没人要求其他六位女性站出来 |
[29:29] | and I think we should respect their privacy. | 所以我觉得我们应该尊重她们的隐私 |
[29:33] | I could talk to them. | 我可以跟她们谈谈 |
[29:34] | No. | 不用了 |
[29:35] | Let’s just let it go. | 我们就到此为止吧 |
[29:37] | None of them were in the law firm, | 她们都不在我们律所工作 |
[29:38] | so I don’t want it to become our business. | 所以多一事不如少一事 |
[29:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:48] | I can’t promise they won’t come out on their own. | 我无法保证她们不会自己站出来 |
[29:50] | I know, and we will deal with it when and if it happens. | 我明白 如果真的发生了我们再处理 |
[30:03] | 玛娅·林德尔 戈德 古典鸡尾酒时间到了 | |
[30:14] | Gold! | 戈德 |
[30:15] | Friend! | 老朋友 |
[30:19] | Ah, what a good call. I was– I was in such a bad mood today. | 电话来得太是时候了 我今天心情很不好 |
[30:22] | Well, I have been a bad friend. | 我最近不是个好朋友 |
[30:24] | Okay? I was going through a terrible time. | 好吧 我之前一直都不顺 |
[30:26] | Now you’re not? | 现在一切都好了 |
[30:27] | No. No, I’m, uh, | 是的 没错 我 |
[30:29] | I am starting a firm. | 我开了家律所 |
[30:32] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -是的 |
[30:33] | Oh, my God. Congratulations. | 我的天 祝贺你 |
[30:36] | You’re such a fucking star. | 你真是个大明星 |
[30:38] | Ah. Old-fashioneds? | 喝古典鸡尾酒吗 |
[30:39] | Uh-huh. Two each. | 当然 每人两杯 |
[30:42] | To your new firm. | 敬你的新律所 |
[30:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:48] | Ah, so good. | 感觉太好了 |
[30:50] | What? So where is your office? | 那什么 你的办公室在哪儿 |
[30:52] | It’s on Marble. | 在马布尔街 |
[30:54] | – In the Loop? – Mm-hmm. | -在卢普区 -没错 |
[30:56] | How can you afford that? | 你怎么付得起租金 |
[30:58] | I have a benefactor. | 我有赞助人 |
[31:00] | Well, to benefactors. | 好吧 敬赞助人 |
[31:02] | I’ll take that. | 心领了 |
[31:08] | Okay, so, wait, why were you so unhappy today? | 等下 你今天为什么这么不开心 |
[31:11] | Oh, uh, no reason. I don’t, I don’t like when people pretend | 没原因 我不喜欢别人 |
[31:15] | to come clean and then just shove their secrets deeper. | 假装摊牌实则把自己的秘密藏得更深 |
[31:19] | You sound like you’re coming out. | 你这口气听起来像是要出柜 |
[31:21] | Yeah, wouldn’t that be nice? | 那不是很好吗 |
[31:24] | That would. | 的确 |
[31:25] | I could really try to be gay, | 我真的可以试着当个同性恋 |
[31:26] | – but I think i would just laugh too much. – Oh, you… | -但我觉得我会笑场 -你… |
[31:30] | No, I think you’d be great. | 不 我觉得很适合你 |
[31:32] | I could see that. | 我能看得出 |
[31:44] | No… | 不… |
[31:46] | No. I… | 不行 我… |
[31:48] | I like fucking, but I don’t like fucking up friendships. | 我喜欢做爱 但我不想操翻友谊的小船 |
[31:54] | Same here. | 我也是 |
[31:56] | That’s why our generation doesn’t fuck as much. | 所以我们这一代没那么经常上床 |
[31:58] | We, we’re too adult. | 我们太成熟了 |
[32:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:01] | Yeah, we take ourselves to the edge and then we just back up. | 我们将自己推向边缘又退回来 |
[32:11] | Hey, you know what someone said to me today? | 你知道有人今天跟我说了什么吗 |
[32:13] | They said that Carl Reddick raped his secretary. | 他们说卡尔·雷迪克强奸了自己的秘书 |
[32:16] | I told them they’re full of shit. | 我说他们满嘴胡言 |
[32:22] | What, they’re not full of shit? | 怎么 他们不是信口开河吗 |
[32:26] | I can’t answer that. | 我不能回答这个问题 |
[32:28] | Oh, my God. I said it couldn’t be true. | 天呐 我还说这不可能 |
[32:31] | Who told you? | 谁跟你说的 |
[32:33] | Someone I know. | 一个认识的人 |
[32:35] | That’s terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[32:37] | Yeah. You remember him at the firm. | 你还记得他在公司的样子 |
[32:40] | He was like a statue come to life, like Martin Luther King. | 就像是一座活生生的雕像 像马丁·路德·金 |
[32:44] | I know. | 可不是 |
[32:47] | When was this? | 什么时候的事 |
[32:48] | The last ten years. | 过去十年中 |
[32:51] | How many? | 有几个受害者 |
[32:53] | His secretary, | 他的秘书 |
[32:54] | the stenographer at work. | 公司的速记员 |
[32:57] | And some others outside of work. | 还有几个公司外的人 |
[33:00] | I can’t believe this. I can’t believe this. | 不敢相信 难以置信 |
[33:04] | That’s why we’re being investigated. | 所以我们被调查了 |
[33:06] | That’s why I’m in a bad mood. | 所以我现在心情不好 |
[33:07] | Because they want to bury even more of these rapes. | 因为他们想掩盖更多类似的强奸案 |
[33:09] | Wait, stop. N-No, we shouldn’t talk about this anymore. | 等下 别说了 我们不能再谈这件事了 |
[33:13] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:14] | I called you because I really wanted to see you, | 我打给你是因为我真的很想见你 |
[33:16] | Marissa, because I was happy, okay? | 梅丽莎 因为我很开心 好吗 |
[33:18] | Not because I wanted to know anything. | 不是因为我想打听什么消息 |
[33:20] | Okay. I-I don’t understand. | 好吧 我没听懂 |
[33:23] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[33:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:26] | Because everything that we talk about from now on, | 因为从现在起我们所谈论的所有事 |
[33:28] | you’re gonna blame me for. | 之后你都会怪罪于我的 |
[33:29] | Why would I do that? | 为什么我要怪罪你 |
[33:30] | ‘Cause I’m not at your firm. | 因为我不在你的律所 |
[33:32] | Right, but why does that matter? | 对 但那又有什么关系 |
[33:34] | You’re gonna hate me. | 你会恨我的 |
[33:36] | Just remember: this has nothing to do with us. | 记住 这和我们的情谊没有关系 |
[33:39] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[33:40] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[33:44] | I wish everything was different. | 真希望一切都能和现在不一样 |
[34:29] | What? | 怎么了 |
[34:31] | Aw… What’s wrong, Maia? | 怎么了 玛娅 |
[34:38] | I know something that will help us. | 我知道一些事能帮到我们 |
[34:43] | Well, then-then, that’s good, isn’t it? | 那是好事 不是吗 |
[34:50] | A friend will interpret it as betrayal. | 一个朋友会觉得这是背叛 |
[34:58] | Is it betrayal? | 所以是背叛吗 |
[35:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:10] | I’ve lost track these days. | 这些日子我有点迷失方向了 |
[35:17] | Well, then tell me. | 跟我说说 |
[36:00] | It is the policy of ACDB Commission | 根据律师纪律委员会的规定 |
[36:03] | that disciplinary and unauthorized practice of law matters | 应该在酌情考虑给予被告充分时间 |
[36:07] | be handled expeditiously, | 准备其辩护的情况下 |
[36:09] | with due regard to the right of the respondent | 迅速处理 |
[36:11] | to have ample time to prepare his defense. | 其违纪及未被授权的法律行为 |
[36:15] | Mr. Roland Blum, have you had adequate time? | 罗兰·布鲁姆先生 你有充足的准备时间吗 |
[36:18] | No. But I don’t want to delay justice, | 没有 但我不想拖下去 |
[36:20] | and I have confidence in this board to tell my accusers | 而且我对委员会的各位有信心 |
[36:24] | to crawl back under the rock from whence they came. | 能让我的控告者夹着尾巴爬回老家 |
[36:27] | Mr. Cain, | 凯恩先生 |
[36:29] | you brought these charges of suborning perjury? | 是你提出这些唆使他人做伪证的控诉吗 |
[36:31] | Yes, Officer Kreutzer, uh, | 是的 克罗伊泽长官 |
[36:34] | because we were serving as cocounsel, | 因为我们当时同为协理律师 |
[36:37] | we have actual knowledge of Mr. Blum | 我们有确切的消息指出布鲁姆先生 |
[36:40] | putting his dietician on the witness stand | 让他的营养师上证人席 |
[36:43] | and representing him to the court in sworn testimony | 以前保险公司经理的身份 |
[36:47] | as a former insurance company executive. | 代表他出庭做宣誓证词 |
[36:49] | Mr. Blum, how do you respond to the allegations? | 布鲁姆先生 你对这些指控有何辩解 |
[36:54] | “By treason’s tooth bare-gnawn and canker-bit. | “被叛国者的毒牙蚕食伤口 |
[36:59] | Yet I am as noble as the adversary I come to cope withal.” | 但我要与对手那般高尚地应敌” |
[37:04] | Uh, it would be helpful, Mr. Blum, | 如果你能说重点 |
[37:06] | if your responses were more on point. | 会更有帮助 布鲁姆先生 |
[37:07] | What I find particularly galling is that Julius Cain, | 我觉得朱利叶斯·凯恩让我特别恼火 |
[37:12] | whom I put on my shoulders | 是我让他踩在我的肩头 |
[37:14] | and hoisted up to the Federal Circuit Court bench | 奋力将他举至联邦巡回法院法官之位 |
[37:19] | sits schtum while I’m flayed open | 而在他的合伙人对我提出虚假指控时 |
[37:21] | by his erstwhile partners’ false allegations. | 他却沉默不语 |
[37:26] | Why would Reddick/Boseman | 为什么雷迪克&博斯曼 |
[37:27] | be making false allegations? | 要提出虚假指控 |
[37:29] | To impede a lawsuit they know is coming. | 阻止他们知道自己即将面临的诉讼 |
[37:32] | I represent two women, | 我代表了两名女性 |
[37:34] | Lydia Johnson and Sheila Freeman, | 莉迪亚·约翰逊和希拉·弗里曼 |
[37:37] | both of whom have suffered sexual trauma | 她们都遭受了卡尔·雷迪克 |
[37:40] | at the hands of Carl Reddick. | 给她们带来的性侵创伤 |
[37:42] | Both of whom have had that trauma | 她们所遭受的创伤 |
[37:45] | indelibly etched on their psyches. | 都对她们的心理造成了不可磨灭的影响 |
[37:48] | Do you have supporting affidavits? | 你有能证明你的说法的证词吗 |
[37:50] | With my reputation on the line, you think I’d come without them? | 我的名誉岌岌可危 你觉得我会没证据吗 |
[37:54] | I can’t believe he’s fighting a false witness charge | 不敢相信他会用两名虚假证人 |
[37:56] | with two false witnesses. | 来为自己唆使他人做出虚假证词来辩护 |
[37:58] | Are they? | 是吗 |
[37:59] | False? | 是假的吗 |
[38:01] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:02] | Liz. | 莉兹 |
[38:04] | No. | 不是 |
[38:07] | I had Marissa investigate when I found out about Cynthia. | 我知道辛西娅的事后让梅丽莎做了调查 |
[38:11] | And she gave me a list of names. | 她给了我一份名单 |
[38:12] | So they’re real? | 所以她们是真的了 |
[38:15] | Yeah. Marissa. | 是的 梅丽莎 |
[38:19] | I’m sorry, I… | 很抱歉 我… |
[38:53] | Hi. | 喂 |
[38:55] | You’re with Blum? | 你现在跟布鲁姆是一起的 |
[38:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:59] | You fucked me over? | 你出卖了我 |
[39:00] | – Not intentionally. – Oh, my God, I can’t believe it. | -我不是故意的 -天呐 我不敢相信 |
[39:03] | – Marissa, it’s not what it seems. – It is. | -梅丽莎 事情不是看上去那样 -就是的 |
[39:06] | It always is. | 事情总与表面一致 |
[39:20] | How long have you been sitting on this? | 这件事你筹划了多久了 |
[39:22] | On what? | 什么事 |
[39:23] | Are you kidding me? | 你在逗我吗 |
[39:24] | Campaigning to be a federal judge. | 竞选联邦法官 |
[39:25] | Look, I-I didn’t think it was serious at first. | 我一开始没太当回事 |
[39:28] | Then it got serious very quickly. | 后来很快就变得是那么回事了 |
[39:31] | I didn’t want you to think that I had a split agenda here. | 我不想让你们觉得我会对工作分心 |
[39:35] | But you did. | 但你确实分了心 |
[39:36] | No. I didn’t do anything that would undercut my work here. | 不 我没做任何有损我在这的工作的事 |
[39:39] | Except everything. | 你做的一切都有影响 |
[39:42] | I am just as harassed for being white as you are for being black. | 我和你一样被自己的肤色所困扰 |
[39:45] | Yeah, you are just as harassed | 对 你深受困扰 |
[39:47] | by being put on all those Chumhum cases. | 所以你可以处理所有查查网的案子 |
[39:49] | What a terrible burden | 你所承担的包袱 |
[39:50] | you have to endure, Lance. | 真是太沉重了 兰斯 |
[39:52] | See? She’s always making fun of my name. | 看到了吧 她总是取笑我的名字 |
[39:53] | Oh, the horror, the horror. | 太过分了 太过分了 |
[39:54] | It’s your name. | 我只是叫了你的名字 |
[39:55] | Lance. What do you want me to call you? | 兰斯 你希望我叫你什么 |
[39:57] | Okay, we all just need to cool it, okay? | 好了 我们都先冷静一下 好吗 |
[39:58] | Everybody here is harassed in some way. | 这里的每个人都在某种程度上被攻击过 |
[40:00] | I’m sorry, in what way are you being harassed, Marcie? | 不好意思 你又怎么被攻击了 玛茜 |
[40:03] | Cultural appropriation. | 文化挪用 |
[40:04] | That one time you wore chopsticks in your hair. | 有一次你把筷子插在头发上 |
[40:05] | I’m not Chinese, but Michelle is. | 我不是中国人 但米歇尔是 |
[40:07] | Okay, I’m working in a crazy land. | 好吧 我的同事都太疯狂了 |
[40:09] | I’m just saying we all have to stick to our lanes. Okay? | 我只想说我们都必须本本分分的 好吗 |
[40:17] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[40:18] | Brenda implemented a new seating plan | 布兰达实施了一项新的工位安排计划 |
[40:21] | to replace the hot desk system. | 来替代公用办公桌系统 |
[40:22] | Oh, yes, she told me. | 是的 她告诉过我 |
[40:24] | She believed everyone was separating into racial cliques | 她觉得大家都是按照种族划分就坐的 |
[40:27] | and she wanted to assign seats. | 所以她想要重新安排工位 |
[40:28] | I said yes. | 我同意了 |
[40:29] | It’s a disaster. | 这就是一场大灾难 |
[40:30] | You know, I-I think we need to talk about Brenda. | 你知道吗 我觉得我们应该谈谈布兰达 |
[40:33] | I think she’s undermining us. | 我觉得她让我们四分五裂 |
[40:34] | Okay, look… | 好吧 听着 |
[40:36] | the associates are professional. | 我们的律师都很专业 |
[40:38] | They can live through this for one more day. | 他们绝对可以再撑过去一天 |
[40:42] | What’s that about? | 那又是怎么回事 |
[40:43] | Well, she’s suggesting we integrate the mail room | 她建议我们的收发室聘用三名白人员工 |
[40:45] | by hiring three white workers. | 以达到黑白不分家的目的 |
[40:47] | But that would mean letting go of | 不过那样就意味着 |
[40:48] | three African-American workers. | 我们要开除三名非裔员工 |
[40:49] | We’re not doing that. | 我们不会那样做的 |
[40:50] | She said it’s essential for a clean report to Chumhum. | 她说给查查网的报告要想合格这是至关重要的 |
[40:53] | Well, then we’re gonna get a dirty report | 好吧 报告不合格就不合格吧 |
[40:55] | because that is insane. | 因为这简直太扯淡了 |
[40:56] | And, um, what about Blum? | 还有 布鲁姆那边怎么办 |
[41:00] | All right, we need to come clean. | 好了 我们必须坦白一切 |
[41:03] | We tell the court everything. We tell Brenda everything. | 我们把所有事告诉法庭 告诉布兰达 |
[41:07] | This is what we should’ve done | 这是我们三个月前就应该 |
[41:08] | three months ago, you guys. | 做到的事情 伙计们 |
[41:09] | That’s how we get Chumhum and Blum off our backs. | 这才是我们能解决掉查查网和布鲁姆的方法 |
[41:13] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[41:18] | We’ve read your supporting papers, Mr. Blum, | 我们已经读过你的补充材料了 布鲁姆先生 |
[41:20] | and we understand your defense. | 我们也明白了你的辩护内容 |
[41:22] | Good. Then you see I’m innocent. | 很好 那你就知道我是无辜的 |
[41:24] | We have also been given a preliminary report | 我们也收到了一份来自 |
[41:27] | by Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart. | 雷&博&洛律所的初步报告 |
[41:29] | It divulges all the details of their | 报告详细揭露了该律所 |
[41:30] | co-founder’s sexual indiscretions. | 共同创始人性丑闻的全部细节 |
[41:34] | In the opinion of this panel, | 基于本委员会的建议 |
[41:36] | the motive you ascribe to Reddick/Boseman doesn’t hold up. | 你对雷迪克&博斯曼律所的指控不能成立 |
[41:38] | They have no secret to hide, | 他们毫无隐瞒 |
[41:40] | so the allegations against you remain credible, | 所以对你的指控依然成立 |
[41:43] | and we’ll be deciding on your disbarment presently. | 现在我们将对是否撤销你的律师资格做出决定 |
[41:46] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 等一下 |
[41:47] | There is, uh, there is one more thing. | 还有 还有一件事情 |
[41:51] | I have a… | 我有一个… |
[41:55] | I have a witness. | 我有一个证人 |
[41:57] | A key witness. | 一个关键证人 |
[41:58] | A witness who will speak to Reddick/Boseman’s culpability | 一个可以证明雷迪克&博斯曼律所 |
[42:02] | in these charges against me. | 是恶意指控我的证人 |
[42:03] | Give it up, Roland. | 算了吧 罗兰 |
[42:04] | Oh, you would love that, wouldn’t you? Yeah. | 你倒是想 对吧 |
[42:06] | Well, I am driven by a deeper passion: the truth. | 我是被更深层的热忱所激励 那就是事实 |
[42:10] | And the truth is that their firm… | 而事实就是他们律所 |
[42:16] | …is subject to the Himmel doctrine. | 受希莫尔原则的制约 |
[42:18] | How is that relevant here? | 这有什么关系 |
[42:19] | It states that if an attorney | 该原则指出如果一位律师 |
[42:21] | has reason to suspect misconduct | 有理由怀疑另一位律师 |
[42:24] | on the part of another attorney, said attorney | 有不当行为之嫌 那么该名律师 |
[42:26] | has an affirmative duty to report it. | 有肯定性义务汇报这件事 |
[42:29] | Failure to do so is punishable by suspension or disbarment. | 若知而不报将施以暂停或撤销律师资格的惩罚 |
[42:33] | Are you saying we were somehow in violation | 你是想说在某种程度上我们违反了 |
[42:36] | of the Himmel doctrine? | 希莫尔原则吗 |
[42:37] | Oh, not “Somehow.” | 远不止”某种程度” |
[42:39] | There’s a witness who will testify | 我有一位证人可以证明 |
[42:40] | that if-if perjury was, in fact, committed, | 如果作伪证这事确实存在的话 |
[42:44] | it was known to your firm | 那你们律所及其下属律师们 |
[42:46] | and their lawyers. | 也早就知道了 |
[42:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[42:48] | Make this witness available and we’ll hear from him. | 带这位证人来 我们来听听他的证词 |
[42:51] | Not him. Her. | 不是男的 是女证人 |
[42:54] | 新闻快讯 特朗普高级顾问迈克尔·提瑞克恶作剧报警被特警队击杀 | |
[42:55] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[42:56] | Is it Trump? | 跟特朗普有关吗 |
[43:02] | In what appears to be a prank gone wrong, | 一个恶作剧却酿成惨剧 |
[43:04] | several police units were dispatched | 多组警察部队已被派遣到 |
[43:06] | to the Virginia home of Michael Tyrek. | 迈克尔·提瑞克位于弗吉尼亚的家 |
[43:09] | After a 911 call reporting a hostage situation involving | 在接到报警声称有挟持人质的情况 |
[43:12] | young children, SWAT teams arrived… | 而且人质中还有小孩子 特警队赶到了 |
[43:14] | Is that…? | 这是 |
[43:15] | …at the Tyrek home and shot one armed adult male. | 提瑞克的住宅并枪击了一名武装男子 |
[43:18] | It’s been confirmed | 现已证实 |
[43:19] | that the fatality was | 警方所击毙男子是 |
[43:21] | senior White House consultant Michael Tyrek. | 白宫高级顾问迈克尔·提瑞克 |
[43:29] | What do I do? | 我该怎么做 |
[43:30] | You’re sure it was them? | 你确定这是她们干的吗 |
[43:32] | They were talking about swatting him. | 她们之前说过要让警察突袭他 |
[43:34] | I could have stopped them, but I… | 我本可以阻止他们 但我… |
[43:37] | Oh, my God, I didn’t. | 我的天 我没有阻止他们 |
[43:40] | I-I think I must secretly have wanted it to happen. | 我一定是暗自希望这件事可以发生 |
[43:43] | You didn’t want him dead. | 你没有想让他死 |
[43:45] | They didn’t either. | 她们也没有 |
[43:47] | Do you think they’ll do this again? | 你觉得她们还会再这么干吗 |
[43:50] | Diane, you have to report them. | 戴安 你必须举报她们 |
[43:54] | No. | 不行 |
[43:55] | What if someone else dies? | 那如果再死人呢 |
[43:57] | Liz, | 莉兹 |
[43:58] | we are tied to them. | 我们是一条绳上的蚂蚱 |
[44:01] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[44:01] | No one will believe that we’re innocent of this. | 没人会相信我们和这件事无关 |
[44:04] | Then-then you need to show them that it was all a lie. | 那你应该让她们意识到这整件事就是个谎言 |
[44:07] | Valerie, everything. | 告诉她们瓦莱莉和所有的事 |
[44:12] | We’re deciding what next. | 我们正在商讨下一步行动 |
[44:14] | We’re wondering if we should go after his chief of staff. | 我们在想是不是应该对付他的幕僚长 |
[44:16] | No. Absolutely not. You cannot do this. | 不 绝对不行 你们不能这样做 |
[44:20] | Did you see the news? | 你们看过新闻了吗 |
[44:21] | They’re taking it seriously. | 他们开始认真对待这件事了 |
[44:22] | They’re taking killing a man seriously. | 他们是在认真对待杀死人的这件事 |
[44:24] | They’re not taking the cause seriously. | 他们对引起这件事的背后原因并不知情 |
[44:26] | Yes, they are. | 不 他们知道 |
[44:28] | Did you watch MSNBC? It’s about killing begetting killing. | 你没听微软全国广播吗 杀戮必将引发杀戮 |
[44:31] | It’s exactly the point we wanted to make. | 这正是我们想要传达的观点 |
[44:33] | Stop it. Everyone, stop it. | 停手吧 大家都停手吧 |
[44:36] | This is a lie. Here. | 这件事就是个谎言 这个 |
[44:39] | Valerie brought us together to steal our money. | 瓦莱莉把我们召集到一起就是为了偷我们的钱 |
[44:42] | There is proof. | 这就是证据 |
[44:44] | She is a liar. | 她是个骗子 |
[44:45] | She is a swindler. | 她是个诈骗犯 |
[44:46] | It doesn’t matter, Diane. We’re way past that. | 这无所谓 戴安 我们已经不在乎这些了 |
[44:51] | We’re past polls. We’re past favorability ratings | 我们不在乎民意测验 我们不在乎好感度 |
[44:54] | and precincts and voting machines. | 还有选区或者投票机了 |
[44:56] | They’re conducting war against us, against their citizens. | 他们在发起一场针对我们 针对人民的战争 |
[44:59] | These are the rules of warfare. | 这就是战争下的生存法则 |
[45:01] | This is not warfare. | 这才不是战争 |
[45:03] | You two have never been 100% committed, | 你们两个从没有全身心地投入过 |
[45:06] | not even from the beginning. | 一开始就没有 |
[45:07] | We know about your husband. | 我们知道你丈夫的背景 |
[45:09] | Working in the V.A. | 在退伍军人事务部工作 |
[45:11] | We know who you are. | 我们对你一清二楚 |
[45:12] | We’re not gonna let you get anybody else killed. | 我们不会让你们伤害其他人 |
[45:15] | It’s not up to you. | 这由不得你 |
[45:18] | We’ll see. | 我们走着瞧 |
[45:24] | You two are just as culpable. | 你们两个也难逃罪责 |
[45:32] | I need you to testify. | 我需要你出庭作证 |
[45:35] | No. | 不 |
[45:35] | You’d be testifying to the truth. | 你将出庭作证说出真相 |
[45:37] | No. | 不 |
[45:38] | The truth is you suborned perjury. | 真相就是你唆使作伪证 |
[45:40] | I tried to stop you, and Boseman tried to stop you. | 我试过去阻止你 博斯曼也阻止过你 |
[45:42] | That’s not the truth. | 这不是真相 |
[45:43] | – Blum. – Maia, listen to me. | -布鲁姆 -玛娅 听我说 |
[45:46] | The truth is what you make it. | 真相是人为创造的 |
[45:49] | You build the facts into the truth that serves your purpose. | 把事实包含在真相之中为你的目的服务 |
[45:54] | If it stops serving your purpose, | 如果真相无法实现你的目的 |
[45:55] | you rebuild it into something else. | 你就去重塑真相 |
[45:59] | That’s what keeps you from being a slave to how people define you. | 这样才能使你避免成为别人口中的奴隶 |
[46:02] | That’s how you become your own person. | 只有这样你才能做你自己 |
[46:04] | You define what truth is. | 真相由你定义 |
[46:08] | Now, this committee is gonna disbar me | 委员会会取消我的律师资格 |
[46:10] | unless Reddick/Boseman backs off. | 除非雷迪克&博斯曼律所不插手此事 |
[46:17] | and the fate of this firm is in your hands. | 而这家律所的命运就掌握在你手上 |
[46:27] | Where you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[46:29] | Home. | 回家 |
[46:30] | I need you in the committee tomorrow at noon. | 我需要你明天中午出席委员会 |
[46:46] | So… | 那… |
[46:49] | are we gonna talk about it? | 我们要谈谈那件事吗 |
[46:52] | Adrian, we have so many things that we could talk about, | 阿德里安 我们要谈的事多了去了 |
[46:54] | I have no idea where to even start. | 我不知道该从何说起 |
[47:03] | us. | 我们 |
[47:06] | What part of us? | 关于什么 |
[47:12] | As I remember, we told each other | 我记得 我们告诉彼此 |
[47:14] | that it was a mistake and that it would never happen again. | 那是个错误 我们不会再犯了 |
[47:17] | And that mistake is about to appear in a report | 而那个错误将会出现在报告中 |
[47:20] | handed over to Chumhum and all the partners. | 交到查查网和所有的合伙人手上 |
[47:22] | We don’t know that. | 这个我们还不得而知 |
[47:23] | We know that the investigator is thorough. | 我们知道调查员查得很细致 |
[47:25] | We know that we just talked about coming clean. | 我们知道我们说过要坦白一切 |
[47:27] | Adrian, I just want this small portion | 阿德里安 我只希望我能有 |
[47:31] | of my life not to be public, okay? | 自己的一点隐私 好吗 |
[47:37] | Just this much. | 仅此而已 |
[47:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[47:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[47:47] | Liz. | 莉兹 |
[47:50] | You regret it? | 你后悔吗 |
[47:52] | What? | 什么 |
[47:59] | Fucking. | 上床的事 |
[48:03] | What do you want to hear? | 你想听到什么答案 |
[48:06] | Oh, Jesus. | 天哪 |
[48:07] | – Forget it. – No-no, I’m serious, I’m serious. | -算了 -不 说真的 我是认真的 |
[48:08] | – What do you want to hear? – I said forget it, Liz. | -你想听什么答案 -当我没说 莉兹 |
[48:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[48:17] | No. I don’t regret it. | 不 我不后悔 |
[48:23] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[48:27] | But it was once. | 但仅此一次 |
[48:29] | Just once. | 绝不再犯 |
[48:34] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[48:40] | Night, Liz. | 晚安 莉兹 |
[48:41] | Night. | 晚安 |
[49:48] | Okay, yeah, thank you for your honesty, | 好吧 就这样 谢谢你们的据实描述 |
[49:51] | especially about these additional sexual indiscretions | 尤其是关于雷迪克先生 |
[49:54] | of Mr. Reddick’s. | 性行为不轨的描述 |
[49:55] | Anything you’d like to add, Brenda? | 你有什么要补充的吗 布兰达 |
[49:58] | The firm is dysfunctional, | 这间律所出现了问题 |
[50:00] | but it’s not about the sexual issues. | 但问题不在性行为事件上 |
[50:02] | It’s struggling with its recent growth spurt, | 而是由于近期的井喷式扩张引起的 |
[50:05] | but I’ve put some plans together to correct that. | 但是我已经提出了相应措施来进行纠正 |
[50:09] | And Mr. Reddick’s actions? | 关于雷迪克先生的行为呢 |
[50:12] | They are regrettable, | 他们都悔不当初 |
[50:14] | and I think it’ll cause a loss of faith in the firm for a while, | 我觉得律所短期的声誉会受到影响 |
[50:18] | but that hopefully is temporary. | 但希望这只是暂时性的 |
[50:22] | – Thank you. -Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[50:23] | And thank you all. | 谢谢你们的到来 |
[50:24] | We’ve enjoyed working with you. | 很高兴和你们合作 |
[50:26] | Mr. Gross wishes you the best. | 格罗斯先生让我向你们问好 |
[50:29] | Th-That’s it? We’re done? | 这就完事了吗 我们没事了 |
[50:31] | I’m afraid so. | 结束了 |
[50:36] | God. | 天哪 |
[50:39] | The report didn’t matter. | 他们不关心报告 |
[50:41] | They decided already. | 他们早就作出决定了 |
[50:46] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[50:47] | Out in the sunshine. | 出去晒太阳 |
[50:49] | All our problems will be here when I get back. | 等我回来问题会接踵而至 |
[51:06] | Has your witness arrived, Mr. Blum? | 你的证人来了吗 布鲁姆先生 |
[51:08] | Uh, she seems to be running a bit late, but she’ll be here. | 她似乎要晚点才能过来 但她会来的 |
[51:12] | This is a delaying tactic, Mr. Kreutzer. | 这是延迟策略 克罗伊泽先生 |
[51:14] | Oh, you wish. | 你倒是想这样 |
[51:15] | The panel has reached a determination. | 讨论组已作出决定 |
[51:16] | If you have further evidence, we’ll hear it in appeal. | 如果你还有证据 我们接受上诉 |
[51:19] | Mr. Blum, suborning perjury is a serious offense. | 布鲁姆先生 唆使作伪证是非常严重的指控 |
[51:23] | Mr. Arthur Garber never worked in the insurance business. | 亚瑟·加伯先生从来没有涉足保险行业 |
[51:25] | Well, then he fooled me as well. I-I am shocked. | 那他连我也骗了 我也很震惊 |
[51:28] | We’re recommending the censure of Reddick/Boseman | 对于雷迪克&博斯曼律所失职未报的行为 |
[51:30] | for their failure to report | 我们予以口头谴责 |
[51:32] | this misconduct in a timely manner. | 这种不端行为是可以避免的 |
[51:34] | It wasn’t intentional, Mr. Kreutzer. | 我们无意此事的发生 克罗伊泽先生 |
[51:36] | Oh, you’re full of shit. | 你就睁眼说瞎话吧 |
[51:38] | Hold on, Blum. | 等等 布鲁姆 |
[51:39] | We’re also recommending that you be disbarred. | 我们同时做出决定你被吊销律师资格 |
[51:45] | What the fuck? | 什么玩意 |
[51:46] | This concludes the business before this panel. | 讨论组的工作到此结束 |
[51:50] | Thank you all for your time. | 多谢大家抽空前来 |
[51:52] | What, you-you-you think this is the end of Roland Blum? | 什么 你以为这样就能打倒罗兰·布鲁姆吗 |
[51:58] | You think I-I’ll just go | 你以为我会 |
[51:59] | and live a life of-of quiet contemplation | 穿着法兰绒衬衫 |
[52:01] | and-and flannel shirts?! | 过上静思己过的生活吗 |
[52:03] | Yeah, you, you enjoy your waning moments | 走着瞧 好好享受你们时日不多的 |
[52:05] | of power and prosperity, you smug, | 权利和成功 你们这些混蛋 |
[52:09] | half-smart hall monitors! | 半智能的大厅监视器 |
[52:13] | Well, Roland Blum will rise up. | 罗兰·布鲁姆会东山再起的 |
[52:17] | Like Lazarus. | 就像拉撒路 |
[52:21] | Drive you all into the fucking sea. | 把你们都拖下水 |
[52:31] | *In about an hour * | *再有一小时* |
[52:34] | *The sunlight’s gonna fade * | *太阳将会落山* |
[52:37] | *And you and me * | *而你和我* |
[52:39] | *Will divvy up the wine * | *会举起酒杯* |
[52:43] | *Like everything else here * | *如同这儿的其他东西* |
[52:48] | *Yours and mine. * | *你的和我的* |
[52:53] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[52:58] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[53:01] | Don’t. | 不要做 |
[53:03] | Don’t what? | 不要做什么 |
[53:06] | We know where you live. | 我们知道你的住处 |
[53:08] | Where you work, where your husband works. | 你工作的地方 你丈夫工作的地方 |
[53:12] | You make one call, | 你敢打一通电话 |
[53:13] | tell one person, | 告诉一个人 |
[53:16] | we’re coming for you. | 我们会找你算账 |
[53:19] | So this is how we fight Trump? | 我们就是这样对付特朗普的吗 |
[53:22] | No. | 不 |
[53:23] | This is how we fight Trump. | 是我们对付特朗普的方式 |
[53:26] | You gave up a long time ago. | 你很早以前就放弃了 |
[53:36] | We’ll be watching. | 我们会盯着你的 |