时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:33] | One, two, three, four. | 一 二 三 四 |
[00:50] | No one goes to Afghanistan thinking it’s gonna be pretty. | 没有前往阿富汗的士兵会认为是个轻松的任务 |
[00:53] | I understood. | 我明白 |
[00:54] | Everybody in the unit understood that people were gonna die. | 小队的每个成员都明白会有伤亡 |
[00:57] | – But what he did… – By “He,” You mean the defendant? | -但他所做的 -你说的”他”是指被告吗 |
[00:59] | Yes, Sergeant Meyer. | 是的 迈尔中士 |
[01:00] | What he did wasn’t about fighting the enemy. | 他所做的不是御敌 |
[01:02] | For him, it was a game. | 对他而言 这只是游戏 |
[01:04] | He picked off this one old woman with a sniper rifle. | 他用狙击枪射杀了这个老妇人 |
[01:07] | She wasn’t a threat, she was just… | 她不是威胁 她只是… |
[01:12] | She was just walking. | 她只是碰巧路过 |
[01:14] | The body was still lying there an hour later | 一小时后我们车队经过时 |
[01:15] | when we passed in a convoy. | 她的尸体还躺在路边 |
[01:17] | And the sergeant had us stop | 中士让我们停下来 |
[01:18] | so he could yank out one of her teeth. | 好让他拔出她的一颗牙齿 |
[01:19] | Her teeth? | 牙齿 |
[01:20] | The sergeant must have seen my look, because he said, | 中士肯定看到了我的眼神 因为他说 |
[01:23] | “It’s like antlers from a deer. | “这就像是鹿角” |
[01:24] | You can’t go thinking they’re human.” | “你不能把他们当成人类” |
[01:27] | Later, I found out he had a… a mason jar full of teeth. | 之后我发现他有个玻璃罐存满了牙齿 |
[01:34] | Did you witness him murder a child? | 你目睹过他杀害小孩吗 |
[01:38] | A ten-year-old boy. | 一个十岁男孩 |
[01:40] | Ghulam Dawood. | 古拉姆·达乌 |
[01:44] | I knew the kid a little. | 我认识这孩子 |
[01:46] | He came up to me once with a picture of LeBron James. | 有次他拿着勒布朗·詹姆斯的照片来和我说话 |
[01:49] | Big smile on his face. | 笑得特别开心 |
[01:52] | That boy was no Jihadi. | 那男孩不是恐怖分子 |
[01:54] | Once you were convinced Sergeant Meyer | 一旦你确信迈尔中士 |
[01:56] | went on a rogue killing spree, | 是个失控的杀人狂时 |
[01:57] | – did you take action to stop him? – I did. | -你有做出什么行为试图阻止他吗 -有 |
[02:00] | I fixed his sniper rifle so he couldn’t get off a shot. | 我对他的狙击枪做了手脚 让他开不了火 |
[02:03] | And when that didn’t work, we went to the platoon leader. | 当这招无效时 我们去找了排长 |
[02:06] | We trusted the chain of command. | 我们信任指挥系统 |
[02:10] | – How’s it been? – You know what it’s like | -感觉怎样 -你知道 |
[02:12] | to testify against your superiors. | 指证上级会怎样 |
[02:14] | Some hate you, most ignore you, | 有些人厌恶你 多数人无视你 |
[02:15] | – a few get it. – In what proportions? | -还有几个明白你 -比例大概是多少 |
[02:17] | A lot more hate. | 多数是厌恶 |
[02:23] | What’s that about? | 他们是要怎样来着 |
[02:24] | Hey, De’, you know, you said you fixed Meyer’s rifle. | 小德 你说你对迈尔的狙击枪做了手脚 |
[02:26] | How’d you do that? | 你怎么做的 |
[02:27] | I hacked his scope. Why? | 我弄坏了瞄准镜 怎么了 |
[02:29] | – Oh, shit. You don’t think… – Don’t say anything. | -糟糕 你认为… -什么都别说 |
[02:31] | If it’s about you, don’t say anything. | 如果是关于你的事 什么都别说 |
[02:32] | – Oh, fuck. – No, DeMarcus, listen to me. | -该死 -德马库斯 听我说 |
[02:33] | Ask for Captain Trudo. He’s the best of the military lawyers. | 找特鲁多上尉 他是最好的军事律师 |
[02:35] | Corporal DeMarcus Laney, you’re under arrest. | 德马库斯·莱尼下士 你被捕了 |
[02:36] | Mention me. | 说是我介绍的 |
[02:37] | – What did I do? What? What? – Hey, Lan-Laney. Shut up. | -我做什么了 -莱尼 别说话了 |
[02:39] | And remember, ask for Captain Trudo. | 记住 找特鲁多上尉 |
[02:55] | – Do you need something? – Oh, no. | -你需要什么吗 -不 |
[02:56] | No, it’s just hard to get used to this. | 不 只是很难习惯罢了 |
[02:58] | A limo driving me up to a private jet. | 豪华轿车载我去搭私人飞机 |
[03:01] | Do it enough times, you get used to it. | 次数多了你就习惯了 |
[03:04] | What are enough times? | 几次才算多 |
[03:07] | Five. | 五次 |
[03:14] | – I got it. – Oh, no. | -我来拿 -不了 |
[03:15] | My parents always taught me to carry my own luggage. | 我父母从小教我要自己拿行李 |
[03:17] | So did mine, and I’m being paid. | 我的也是 而且我是有钱收的 |
[03:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:23] | – Hi. – You got babysitting? | -嗨 -你家保姆安排好了吗 |
[03:25] | – I did. – And you brought a swimsuit? | -好了 -带泳衣了吗 |
[03:26] | I… No. | 我… 没有 |
[03:28] | I’m going to work, right? | 我是去工作的 不是吗 |
[03:29] | Uh, yeah, but, uh, you know, it’s by the beach. | 对 但是我们要去海滩啊 |
[03:33] | I have extra. | 我有额外的泳衣 |
[03:34] | – Come on. – Hey, what’s wrong? | -来 -怎么了 |
[03:35] | Oh, nothing. I just broke up with somebody. | 没什么 刚和某人分手了 |
[03:37] | – What, just now? – Don’t worry. | -什么 就刚才吗 -别担心 |
[03:39] | He was an asshole. | 他是个混蛋 |
[03:45] | And then he asked if I would look over his business plan. | 然后他问我能不能看看他的商业计划 |
[03:48] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[03:49] | It’s a version of Bird | 共享交通工具市场 |
[03:51] | but with Segways instead. | 专攻电动踏板车 |
[03:54] | He only needs a few mil to get started. | 他只需要几百万的启动基金 |
[03:57] | I’m so sorry. | 真替你觉得不值 |
[03:58] | Three dates, and they always want something. | 才第三次约会 他们总是有所企图 |
[04:03] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[04:05] | Do I want something? | 我想从你身上获取什么吗 |
[04:07] | No. Do you get the same thing? | 不 别人会这么对你吗 |
[04:08] | Do men want me for my money? | 男人跟我一起是想要我的钱吗 |
[04:10] | Oh, yeah, all the time. | 当然啊 |
[04:12] | It’s a burden. | 可真是太累了 |
[04:14] | No, really. What’s going on with you? | 不 说真的 你平时生活怎样 |
[04:16] | Nothing. I’m not that interesting. | 没什么特别 我不是有趣的人 |
[04:18] | Fuck you. I’m always the one talking. | 去你的 总是我在说话 |
[04:20] | – You never share. – There’s nothing to share. | -你从来不分享 -没什么可分享的 |
[04:22] | I have a toddler. I’m trying to make partner. | 我有个小孩 想当合伙人 |
[04:26] | Have you heard of the lawyer’s dilemma? | 你听过律师的困境吗 |
[04:28] | Work, family, | 工作 家庭 |
[04:29] | fitness, friends, sleep. | 健康 朋友 睡眠 |
[04:32] | You get to choose three of those. | 你只能选三样 |
[04:34] | – Which are yours? – Work, family, sleep. | -你选哪三样 -工作 家庭和睡眠 |
[04:36] | Trade sleep for friends, and we have a deal. | 用睡眠换取朋友吧 就这么说定了 |
[04:44] | Oh, shit, I left my phone on. | 糟糕 我忘记关手机了 |
[04:46] | Lucca. | 卢卡 |
[04:47] | It’s my plane. You can have it on. | 这是我的飞机 开着也没事 |
[04:54] | Marissa, hey. | 梅丽莎 |
[04:55] | – What’s up? – Diane wants you | -怎么了 -戴安想让你 |
[04:56] | in the partner meeting in five minutes. | 五分钟后去参加合伙人会议 |
[04:58] | What? N-No, I’m… Marissa, I’m… | 什么 我不行 梅丽莎 我… |
[05:00] | I’m joking. | 我开玩笑的 |
[05:02] | Don’t do that. | 别闹 |
[05:03] | – So, what’s it like? Is there a hot tub? – No. | -什么样的 有浴缸吗 -没有 |
[05:05] | You’re kidding. Why have a private jet | 开什么玩笑 如果连个浴缸都没有 |
[05:06] | if you don’t have a hot tub? | 那还要私人飞机干什么 |
[05:07] | Since when? | 什么时候 |
[05:09] | So, you’ll check in on Francesca for me? | 你能帮我盯着点弗朗西斯卡吗 |
[05:12] | This is the longest | 这是她照看约瑟夫以来 |
[05:13] | – that she’s looked after Joseph. – Got it. | -最长的时间 -没问题 |
[05:15] | She’s not gonna replace me as a friend? | 她不会取代我的朋友地位吧 |
[05:16] | – Francesca? – No, your rich friend. | -弗朗西斯卡吗 -不 你的富豪朋友 |
[05:19] | – Just remember, I’m funnier. – Oh, yeah. | -你只要记住我更有趣就行了 -那是 |
[05:20] | I’ll remember when I’m sitting in a hammock on the beach. | 等我在海滩坐在吊床里的时候会记得的 |
[05:24] | – See you in a few days. – Buy me something. | -几天之后见 -给我带点东西 |
[05:27] | I’m on my way there right now. | 我现在就过去 |
[05:41] | I need a month off. | 我要请一个月的假 |
[05:43] | No. | 不行 |
[05:43] | – Then this is my notice. – Wait. | -那我就辞职了 -等等 |
[05:50] | You’re my eyes and ears down there. | 你是我安插在楼下的耳目 |
[05:52] | I know. And I need a month off to defend someone. | 我知道 我需要休假一个月给别人做辩护 |
[05:56] | – Who? – Someone I owe my life to. | -谁 -一个救过我命的人 |
[05:58] | Who? | 谁 |
[06:00] | An army corporal. | 一位陆军下士 |
[06:01] | He’s been charged with insubordination, | 他被控违抗军令 |
[06:03] | – sabotage and negligent homicide. – All right. | -蓄意破坏和过失杀人 -好吧 |
[06:06] | So he has a military lawyer. | 那他有军事律师 |
[06:07] | Yeah, and they replaced him | 没错 但他们把他的律师 |
[06:08] | with a bad one. | 换成了一个菜鸟 |
[06:10] | He’s going to court tomorrow. | 他明天就上庭了 |
[06:11] | Okay. Wait. | 好 等等 |
[06:17] | – Come with me. – Where? | -跟我来 -去哪 |
[06:19] | Don’t be so suspicious. | 别疑神疑鬼的 |
[06:20] | Just come with me. | 跟我来就是了 |
[06:37] | Uh, wait. | 等等 |
[06:38] | What? You’re not doing this alone. | 什么 不能让你一个人面对 |
[06:46] | – Mr. Firth. – Liz. | -弗斯先生 -莉兹 |
[06:48] | – Where’s Adrian? – New York. | -阿德里安去哪了 -纽约 |
[06:50] | At a legal conference. | 去参加一个法律论坛 |
[06:52] | You two know each other? | 你们两个认识吗 |
[06:54] | – Not so much. – Ye… | -不太熟 -认… |
[06:55] | – But to a certain degree. – But we did the… | -就算认识吧 -我们一起… |
[06:56] | – the one case. – Sure. | -弄过一个案子 -对 |
[06:58] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -是 -好吧 |
[07:01] | So, I need you to help Caleb with a case in military court | 所以我需要你私下帮卡勒布弄一个 |
[07:04] | as a personal favor. | 军事法庭的案子 |
[07:06] | I’d like Caleb to stay involved with things down here. | 我希望让卡勒布多参与这里的工作 |
[07:08] | – Okay? – Sure. | -行吗 -没问题 |
[07:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:15] | – I didn’t ask… – I know. | -我没找他… -我知道 |
[07:16] | – And you don’t have to… – No, it’s… | -你也不用… -没事 |
[07:18] | It’s my job. | 工作而已 |
[07:23] | Listen, um… | 听我说… |
[07:27] | I just want you to know | 我只想让你知道 |
[07:28] | that I’ve never done anything like that before. | 我之前从没做过这样的事情 |
[07:31] | Me, neither. Wait, what are we talking about? | 我也没有 等一下 我们说的是哪个事 |
[07:35] | Going off together. | 一起那什么 |
[07:38] | Um, I-I haven’t been with anyone since my divorce. | 我离婚之后就没和任何人在一起过 |
[07:40] | It was just experimentation. | 就只是实验一下 |
[07:42] | – Right? – Right. | -是吧 -对 |
[07:45] | And we move on. | 我们也翻篇了 |
[07:46] | Exactly. Moving on. | 对 翻篇 |
[07:53] | So, uh, what’s the case? | 是什么案子 |
[07:56] | Corporal Demarcus Laney. | 德马库斯·莱尼下士 |
[07:58] | He’s a friend I served with in the Baghlan Province. | 他是和我一起在巴格兰省服役的战友 |
[08:00] | – How long were you in the Army? – Five years. | -你在部队待了多长时间 -五年 |
[08:03] | You don’t seem like the type. | 你看着不像那种类型的 |
[08:05] | – What’s the type? – I don’t know. | -什么类型 -我也说不好 |
[08:07] | J-Just not you. | 反正不像你风格 |
[08:09] | Where is Baghlan Province? | 巴格兰省在哪 |
[08:10] | Afghanistan. | 阿富汗 |
[08:12] | Laney testified against a superior | 莱尼作了对一位上级的不利证明 |
[08:14] | and admitted he’d sabotaged his sniper rifle. | 承认他蓄意破坏了他的狙击枪 |
[08:17] | Next day, his superior killed an Afghan translator, | 第二天 他上级杀死了一位阿富汗翻译 |
[08:20] | and they’re blaming Laney’s sabotage. | 他们怪罪是莱尼蓄意破坏的 |
[08:21] | Why’d he sabotage the gun? | 他为什么要破坏枪 |
[08:23] | Because his superior was committing war crimes. | 因为他的上级触犯了战争罪 |
[08:26] | Laney wanted to keep the rifle from firing. | 莱尼不想让他用枪杀人 |
[08:28] | Okay, well, we’ll… | 好吧 我们… |
[08:30] | We’ll get a quick continuance to buy us some time. | 我们抓紧申请诉讼延期争取一些时间 |
[08:32] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[08:35] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:38] | Where are we on this? | 到哪一步了 |
[08:39] | Plaintiff is ready to proceed, Your Honor. | 原告准备好进行庭审了 法官阁下 |
[08:40] | Defense asks the court for a continuance of 60 days. | 被告请求法庭给予60天的诉讼延期 |
[08:43] | Your Honor, that would be their fourth continuance. | 法官阁下 他们这是第四次申请延期了 |
[08:44] | I’m arguing an appeal before the Seventh Circuit | 我周四在第七区巡回上诉法院 |
[08:46] | on Thursday. Can’t be helped. | 有个申诉 我也没办法 |
[08:48] | Your Honor, the last two continuances were granted | 法官阁下 前两次延期获批是因为 |
[08:51] | because Mr. Jansen was going out of town for depositions. | 詹森先生要出差去取证 |
[08:54] | Before that, he was on vacation. | 再之前 他在休假 |
[08:55] | Even litigators need a holiday. | 诉讼律师也需要休假 |
[08:56] | This is a way to starve our case. | 这是想让我们弹尽粮绝 |
[08:58] | They are a deep pocket who can outwait us. | 他们资产雄厚 能跟我们耗得起 |
[09:00] | They’ll get constant continuances, | 他们会不断申请延期 |
[09:02] | and then afterwards, they’ll appeal. | 然后他们再上诉 |
[09:04] | And then they’ll appeal those appeals, | 一而再再而三地上诉 |
[09:05] | and not because they think that they can win | 不是因为他们觉得自己能赢 |
[09:07] | but because they know we don’t have the money | 而是因为他们知道我们没那么多钱 |
[09:08] | to keep the case going. | 把官司一直打下去 |
[09:11] | So we’ll quit. | 我们就只好放弃 |
[09:17] | 60-day continuance granted. | 同意延期60天 |
[09:18] | Marked final. | 此为最终决定 |
[09:20] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[09:32] | My God. | 我的天啊 |
[09:33] | Look at yourself. | 看看你自己 |
[09:35] | Go away. You don’t exist. | 走开 你根本不存在 |
[09:36] | You’re damn right. A conservative with principles? | 说得太对了 一位有原则的保守派 |
[09:39] | There don’t seem to be any of those around here. | 这里好像没有这样的人 |
[09:41] | Well, it’s very easy for you to stay true to your principles. | 你要坚持自己的原则很简单 |
[09:44] | You don’t live in the real world. | 你又没生活在现实世界中 |
[09:45] | Go ahead. Make excuses for what you’ve become. | 继续 为你变成现在这样找借口 |
[09:47] | What’s that? | 现在什么样子 |
[09:48] | A bad judge. | 一位糟糕的法官 |
[09:50] | Someone slides a piece of paper across your desk | 有人将一张写有”618号备忘录”的纸 |
[09:52] | with “Memo 618,” and you fold like origami. | 放在你桌上 你就会乖乖听话 |
[09:55] | Yeah, well… | 是啊 那… |
[09:58] | Attention! | 立正 |
[10:03] | At ease. | 稍息 |
[10:09] | Sergeant. | 中士 |
[10:11] | Corporal Laney, what was wrong | 莱尼下士 指派给你的律师 |
[10:13] | with the attorney assigned to you? | 有什么问题吗 |
[10:14] | I prefer the ones I have now, Your Honor. | 我更希望由我现在的律师来辩护 法官阁下 |
[10:16] | The Army doesn’t pay for civilian counsel. | 军队不会支付平民律师的费用 |
[10:17] | Our firm has taken the case pro bono, Your Honor. | 我们律所无偿代理这个案子 法官阁下 |
[10:20] | He will not be charged for our services. | 他不用为我们的服务付费 |
[10:30] | Military attorneys receive specialized training. | 军队律师接受过专门训练 |
[10:32] | I’ve served in the Army, Your Honor. Sergeant Garlin. | 我曾服军役 法官阁下 我是加林中士 |
[10:35] | You have legal training in the Army? | 你在军队接受过法律培训吗 |
[10:38] | No, ma’am. | 没有 长官 |
[10:39] | We understand there are differences between civilian | 我们明白民事辩护与军事辩护之间 |
[10:41] | and military practice and, uh, | 存在很大差别 |
[10:43] | we move for a continuance to give us time | 我们请求延期给予我们时间 |
[10:46] | to familiarize ourselves with the case and the rules | 来熟悉案件和军事法庭审判的 |
[10:48] | – of court-martial. – Denied. | -规则 -驳回申请 |
[10:51] | Your Honor, we are only trying to ensure a fair trial. | 法官阁下 我们只是想确保一场公正的审判 |
[10:53] | So am I — justice delayed is justice denied. | 我也一样 迟来的正义非正义 |
[10:56] | Corporal Laney will not get extra time | 莱尼下士不会仅因拒绝指派律师 |
[10:57] | just for rejecting the counsel provided to him. | 而获得额外的时间 |
[11:00] | Opening statements begin tomorrow at 0900 hours. | 明天早上九点开始开庭陈述 |
[11:02] | Maybe we can get a real chair by then. | 也许到时候能有一把像样的椅子 |
[12:50] | I’ll get the exhibits ready. | 我去准备证据 |
[12:51] | Okay. Jay! | 好的 杰 |
[12:55] | Listen, this is a list of men who served in Afghanistan | 这是一份曾与我们辩护的士兵 |
[12:57] | with a soldier that we’re defending. | 一同在阿富汗服役的士兵名单 |
[12:59] | Can you see if they’ll testify for him? | 你看看他们是否会为他作证 |
[13:00] | When do you need them? | 你什么时候需要 |
[13:02] | We’re in court tomorrow, so hurry. | 我们明天开庭 尽快 |
[13:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:07] | Your firm argue in military court? | 你的律所在军事法庭上辩护过吗 |
[13:10] | Diane? | 戴安 |
[13:12] | That bird has been staring at me. | 那只鸟一直在盯着我 |
[13:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:17] | It’s been there for ten minutes. | 已经有十分钟了 |
[13:24] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[13:25] | Oh, yes, sorry. | 我很好 抱歉 |
[13:27] | I just have nothing to do. | 我只是无事可干 |
[13:28] | Wait, I thought you were chasing all those disappearing cases. | 等等 我以为你在追踪那些消失的案子 |
[13:31] | The Memo 618? | 618号备忘录 |
[13:33] | Yeah, well, I’ve moved on. | 是啊 我不管了 |
[13:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:36] | Threats. | 威胁 |
[13:37] | – We received threats. – “We”? | -我们受到了威胁 -我们是谁 |
[13:39] | – Kurt and I. – Well, it makes sense. | -我和库尔特 -可以理解 |
[13:41] | Once swatted, twice shy. | 一朝被蛇咬 十年怕井绳 |
[13:43] | Listen, your old firm, | 听着 你以前的律所 |
[13:45] | did you argue in military court? | 你在军事法庭上辩护过吗 |
[13:48] | Um, my partner did, Will Gardner. | 我的合伙人威尔·加德纳辩护过 |
[13:49] | Was he in front of Leora Kuhn? | 他的主审法官是黎奥拉·库恩吗 |
[13:51] | He was, yes. | 是的 |
[13:52] | Okay, what do you know about her? | 好了 你对她有什么了解 |
[13:55] | You know, I’ll… | 我晚点… |
[13:55] | – I’ll come back. – Uh, no, uh… | -再过来 -不用… |
[13:57] | Kuhn is tough. | 库恩很强硬 |
[13:59] | By the book, but fair. | 照章办事 但很公正 |
[14:00] | Uh, Will ended up liking her. She just needs you | 威尔最后很喜欢她 她只需要你 |
[14:03] | – to follow the rules of evidence. – Got it, thanks. | -遵循证据规则 -明白 谢了 |
[14:27] | Excuse me? | 不好意思 |
[14:29] | Uh, yes? | 怎么了 |
[14:35] | Uh, how do I know you? | 我们怎么认识的 |
[14:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:39] | Who are you? | 你是哪位 |
[14:40] | Diane Lockhart. | 戴安·洛哈特 |
[14:41] | Oh! Oh, you’re Diane. | 你就是戴安 |
[14:43] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[14:44] | I’ve heard some good things. | 我听过一些关于你的好话 |
[14:46] | Some interesting things. | 一些有趣的事 |
[14:50] | I-I’m sorry, it’s just, | 抱歉 只是 |
[14:51] | I had a dream and… | 我做了一个梦… |
[14:53] | you were in it. | 你在我的梦里 |
[14:54] | You were Weinstein’s lawyer. | 你是韦恩斯坦的律师 |
[14:56] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:58] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[14:59] | Well, I didn’t do very well, did I? | 我做得不太好 是吗 |
[15:01] | It was nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[15:06] | Uh, hey, Diane? | 戴安 |
[15:07] | Do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[15:09] | I’m arguing in front of the judge who used to work here. | 我和以前在这里工作的法官争论 |
[15:12] | -Oh, Julius? -Yes, Judge Cain. | -朱利叶斯吗 -对 凯恩法官 |
[15:14] | And I… | 我 |
[15:15] | was wondering… | 在想 |
[15:17] | if you could sit at my table? | 你能坐在我旁边吗 |
[15:18] | -It won’t make any difference. -Maybe not. | -这没什么帮助 -可能没有 |
[15:20] | But we need any edge we can get. | 但我们得竭尽全力尝试 |
[15:24] | May I ask you something? | 我能问你件事吗 |
[15:27] | What were you writing in there? | 你在会议室里写什么 |
[15:28] | -In your notes? -Oh, nothing. | -在你笔记本里 -没什么 |
[15:30] | It looked like… dots. | 看起来像 一些点 |
[15:34] | It’s just something I do. | 只是我的小癖好 |
[15:36] | – You draw dots? – Yes. | -你画点 -对 |
[15:39] | Can I see? | 我能看看吗 |
[15:45] | I know, people think I’m crazy. | 我知道大家觉得我精神不正常 |
[15:47] | I’ve been doing it for a while now. | 我画了有一阵子了 |
[15:48] | I’m up to 989,000. | 我画到九十八万九千个点了 |
[15:52] | Why? | 为什么要这么做 |
[15:54] | It’s calming. | 很能减压 |
[15:57] | I used to take notes. | 我以前记笔记 |
[15:59] | Verbatim notes | 一字不差地记 |
[16:00] | on every deposition, every meeting, | 每张口供书 每份会议记录 |
[16:03] | trial, negotiation, and then | 审判 谈判 然后 |
[16:05] | I would go home and make notes on those notes. | 我回家再在笔记上记笔记 |
[16:07] | And then I would review those notes | 然后我会复习这些笔记 |
[16:09] | and make even more notes and… | 再做更多的笔记 |
[16:10] | I… was an obsessive writer. | 我 以前沉迷于创作 |
[16:13] | As a kid, it was my diary. | 小时候写日记 |
[16:16] | And then in college, my journal. | 到了大学写报刊 |
[16:18] | And then five years ago, I… | 再然后 五年前 |
[16:22] | lost my notebooks in a cab. | 我 把笔记本落在出租车里了 |
[16:25] | And then my hair fell out… | 然后我开始掉头发 |
[16:27] | because I was so worried. | 因为我太担心了 |
[16:30] | But you know what happened? | 但你知道发生了什么吗 |
[16:33] | Nothing. | 什么也没发生 |
[16:34] | Everything I ever wrote, it didn’t matter. | 我写过的一切 都无关紧要 |
[16:36] | Everything everybody wrote– pointless. | 所有人写的所有东西 毫无意义 |
[16:38] | And that’s when I started drawing dots. | 从那时起我开始画点 |
[16:40] | I felt… like | 我感觉像 |
[16:43] | I accomplished something | 我完成了什么 |
[16:45] | every time I completed a book. | 每当我画完一整本书 |
[16:47] | And I’m almost up to a million. | 差不多画了有一百万个点 |
[16:51] | So now when I watch the news, | 现在我看新闻的时候 |
[16:53] | when I… see what’s going on in the world… | 当我 看到世界上发生了什么 |
[16:58] | …when I realize how little impact I have… | 当我意识到我的影响力有多小 |
[17:04] | …I draw dots. | 我就画点 |
[17:16] | There is no work here, is there? | 这里没有工作 是吗 |
[17:19] | – Sure there is. – Where? | -当然有 -在哪 |
[17:21] | We spent the whole day at a resort. | 我们在度假胜地待了一整天 |
[17:23] | Don’t you like it here? | 你不喜欢这里吗 |
[17:24] | Yes, but I feel guilty. | 喜欢 但我良心不安 |
[17:26] | I need to work. | 我得工作 |
[17:27] | – This is work. -Bianca. | -这就是工作 -比安卡 |
[17:29] | Seriously! | 说真的 |
[17:30] | This… is the work. | 这就是你的工作 |
[17:34] | -“This”? -Yep. | -“这” -没错 |
[17:35] | I want to buy it. | 我想买下它 |
[17:37] | The whole resort. | 这整个胜地 |
[17:39] | I’m not joking. Here. | 我不是在开玩笑 给你 |
[17:41] | See if you think it’s a good deal. | 看看这是不是个好买卖 |
[17:49] | – And you’re all willing to testify? – Yeah. | -你们都是自愿作证 -对 |
[17:53] | I saw Meyer kill a girl. | 我目睹迈尔杀了一个女孩 |
[17:54] | She couldn’t have been more than 12. | 她肯定12岁都不到 |
[17:56] | One shot with a sniper rifle. | 用狙击步枪 一枪毙命 |
[17:57] | Do you think Laney went too far, sabotaging his gun? | 你觉得莱尼对他的枪做手脚是过分的行为吗 |
[18:00] | No, we complained about Meyer up the chain of command. | 不 我们向上级抱怨过迈尔 |
[18:03] | But nobody did anything. | 但没有任何回音 |
[18:05] | So we use | 我们可以用 |
[18:07] | their testimony to substantiate Laney’s account. | 他们的证词 证实莱尼的说法 |
[18:10] | Yeah, and go after Meyer. | 对 然后逼迈尔开口 |
[18:11] | Wait, isn’t it a mistake to go after a superior officer? | 等等 和上级对着干是不对的吧 |
[18:14] | No, Laney’s being | 没错 莱尼因涉嫌违反 |
[18:16] | court-martialed under Article 92, | 军事法典第92条而接受审判 |
[18:18] | which is a double-edged sword. | 这是一把双刃剑 |
[18:19] | It’s wrong to “Willfully disobey a lawful command | 故意违抗上级官员的合法命令 |
[18:23] | of a superior officer.” | 是不对的 |
[18:24] | The key word is “Lawful.” | 关键在于”合法” |
[18:25] | A soldier has an affirmative duty to disobey, | 对非法命令 士兵有不服从的义务 |
[18:27] | or even prevent, an unlawful order. | 甚至还要进行阻止 |
[18:29] | So we prove that Meyer’s command was unlawful, | 所以我们证明迈尔的命令是非法的 |
[18:32] | and that Laney was… was right | 而莱尼… 试图阻止他 |
[18:34] | – in trying to stop him? -Yeah. | -是对的 -没错 |
[18:40] | Did you enjoy serving? | 你喜欢服役吗 |
[18:44] | in Afghanistan, yeah, I did. | 在阿富汗时 我喜欢 |
[18:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:48] | – I liked my squad. -Oh. | -我喜欢我的小队 -好吧 |
[18:52] | Did you ever kill anyone? | 你有没有杀过人 |
[18:54] | I did, from afar. | 杀过 从远处 |
[18:56] | – Was that hard? – No. | -难吗 -不 |
[18:58] | – Would you go back? – Yeah. | -你会回去吗 -会 |
[19:01] | So why lawyering? | 那为什么做律师 |
[19:03] | I like this country. | 我喜欢这个国家 |
[19:04] | I’ve seen other places I don’t like. | 我见过其他我不喜欢的地方 |
[19:07] | And I want it to stay the same. | 我希望它保持初心 |
[19:13] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[19:15] | I was just thinking that I haven’t | 我只是想我还没有 |
[19:17] | lived much of a life. | 真正活过 |
[19:19] | No. No, you have. | 不 你有 |
[19:23] | I know enough to know that you have. | 据我所知你有 |
[19:30] | This, this, this is how we got in trouble last time. | 上次我们就是这样惹上麻烦的 |
[19:33] | Yeah, I know. | 对 我知道 |
[19:34] | But I… | 但我… |
[19:37] | I didn’t mind it. | 我不介意 |
[19:40] | – Caleb, I am your… – Superior? | -卡勒布 我是你的… -上司 |
[19:50] | Where should we go? | 我们要去哪里 |
[19:54] | – Get me the defense motion from… – How are you, Judge? | -把辩护动议拿给我 -你好吗 法官 |
[19:59] | Good. | 好 |
[20:01] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[20:05] | Just a visitor. | 只是位访客 |
[20:07] | I was hearing about you when you were at Reddick/Boseman. | 你在雷&博律所的时候我就听说过你 |
[20:10] | You were on everyone’s shortlist for a judgeship. | 所有人的法官候选人名单上都有你 |
[20:15] | Is there, uh, something I can help you with, sir? | 有什么需要我效劳的吗 先生 |
[20:17] | Oh, no, no, you’re doing great already. | 不 不 你已经做得很好了 |
[20:19] | Your instincts are right on the money. | 你的直觉是对的 |
[20:21] | And you’re young enough to go the distance, so… | 而且你足够年轻还可以干很久 所以 |
[20:24] | – maybe I can help you. – With what? | -也许我能帮你 -帮我什么 |
[20:26] | I move people up the ladder. | 我帮人们往上爬 |
[20:29] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[20:30] | You don’t become an appellate judge by seniority. | 论资排辈的话你当不了上诉庭的法官 |
[20:34] | You get there by listening. | 但你听话就可以 |
[20:36] | You just keep doing what you’re doing. | 你只要继续做你该做的事 |
[20:39] | – Just wanted to say hello. – Who are you? | -我只想跟你打个招呼 -你是谁 |
[20:41] | My number. | 我的电话号码 |
[20:43] | Oh, I ran into Oscar Griegson in the hall. | 我在大厅里遇到了奥斯卡·戈里格森 |
[20:46] | He’s before you today. | 你今天要审他的案子 |
[20:48] | He’s a big donor. | 他可是大金主 |
[20:53] | I’ll tell him I spoke to you. | 我会告诉他我跟你谈过 |
[21:01] | All stand. | 全体起立 |
[21:02] | Mr. Oscar Griegson and Ms. Chang, | 奥斯卡·戈里格森先生和张女士 |
[21:05] | approach, please. | 请上前 |
[21:10] | I’ve read your papers in support of a 60-day continuance, | 我看了你申请诉讼延期60天的文件 |
[21:13] | Mr. Griegson. Denied. | 戈里格森先生 驳回请求 |
[21:16] | Excuse me, | 你说什么 |
[21:16] | – Your Honor? – Ms. Chang, are you ready to proceed? | -法官阁下 -张女士 你准备好了吗 |
[21:18] | – I am. – I-I would like to remind | -准备好了 -我想提醒法庭 |
[21:20] | the court that… the defense | 辩方只是… |
[21:23] | simply isn’t prepared to go forward at this time. | 现在还没准备好继续 |
[21:25] | You’ve got until 1:00 P.M. Today. | 你们可以在今天下午一点前做好准备 |
[21:28] | If that’s still not enough time, | 如果时间还是不够 |
[21:29] | I’m sure Ms. Chang here would be happy | 我相信张女士会欣然接受 |
[21:31] | to accept my default judgment against you. | 我判被告缺席审判而败诉的决定 |
[21:34] | Next case, people! Let’s go! | 下一个案子 各位 开始 |
[21:37] | The facts of the case aren’t in dispute. | 本案的事实毫无争议 |
[21:40] | Corporal Laney confessed on the stand | 莱尼下士在证人席上坦白 |
[21:42] | that he stole an M24 sniper rifle from Sergeant Meyer, | 他偷了他上级迈尔中士的M24狙击步枪 |
[21:45] | his superior, and sabotaged it. | 并对其进行了蓄意破坏 |
[21:49] | The next day, Sergeant Meyer tried to use that weapon | 第二天 迈尔中士试图在巡逻时 |
[21:51] | on a patrol, and, instead of killing the target, | 使用那把枪 但他没有杀死目标 |
[21:54] | his bullet hit translator Ahmad Mowad in the head, | 他的子弹击中了翻译艾哈迈德·莫瓦德头部 |
[21:58] | killing him instantly. | 导致他立即身亡 |
[22:00] | This should be cut and dried. | 这个案子本来应该已成定局了 |
[22:01] | But the civilian defense team will try to muddy the waters. | 但民事辩护团队想要搅混水 |
[22:04] | They’ll tell you the problem isn’t Laney. | 他们会说这不是莱尼的问题 |
[22:07] | It’s Sergeant Meyer. | 而是迈尔中士的问题 |
[22:08] | So let me tell you about him, before they do. | 所以在他们开口之前 我先跟你说说他的事 |
[22:12] | Sergeant Meyer is an exemplary soldier. | 迈尔中士是位模范士兵 |
[22:16] | – So brave in combat… – Let me take the opening. | -在战场上奋勇杀敌 -让我来做开庭陈述 |
[22:18] | – Why? – Who delivers it matters. | -为什么 -谁来做开庭陈述很重要 |
[22:22] | What? Because I’m a woman? | 什么 因为我是女的吗 |
[22:23] | – No, because you’re a civilian. – The defense will try | -不 因为你是平民 -辩方会试图诽谤 |
[22:25] | to vilify Sergeant Meyer in an attempt | 迈尔中士 以此来支撑他们 |
[22:28] | – to shore up their weak case. – No, let me. | -站不住脚的观点 -不 我来 |
[22:30] | But I think you will agree, Corporal Laney | 但我觉得你们会同意 莱尼下士违反了 |
[22:32] | committed a criminal offense contrary | 军事法典第92条 |
[22:34] | to Article 92 of the UCMJ. | 的相关规定 |
[22:37] | That is all, Honor Advocate. | 我说完了 军事法官阁下 |
[22:39] | Thank you. Defense? | 谢谢 辩方 |
[22:43] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[22:45] | – The prosecutor… – There’s no prosecutor here. | -公诉人… -这里没有公诉人 |
[22:47] | Trial counsel and defense. | 只有军事检察官和辩方 |
[22:50] | Of course. | 当然 |
[22:52] | Trial counsel, Mr. Brigham… | 军事检察官 布里格姆先生… |
[22:53] | Major Brigham. | 布里格姆少校 |
[22:57] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[22:59] | Major Brigham would have you believe that the defendant | 布里格姆少校会让你相信辩方是位 |
[23:02] | is a rogue actor | 卑鄙小人 |
[23:03] | and that his behavior was driven by resentment | 他的行为是出于对 |
[23:06] | of a superior officer. | 上级军官的怨恨 |
[23:08] | Instead, he had real and justified anxiety | 相反 他的行为是出于真实合理的担忧 |
[23:12] | that Sergeant Meyer… | 迈尔中士是个 |
[23:15] | was a dangerous man. | 危险的人 |
[23:17] | As you listen from the jury box… | 正如你们在陪审席上听到的 |
[23:19] | There is no jury here. | 这里没有陪审团 |
[23:20] | That is a panel of members. | 那是军事陪审组 |
[23:23] | Of course. | 当然 |
[23:31] | We will prove to you that Corporal Laney’s actions | 我们会向你们证明考虑到当时的情况 |
[23:33] | were brave and reasonable | 莱尼下士的行为是 |
[23:36] | in light of the circumstances. | 勇敢而合理的 |
[23:40] | And now my cocounsel | 现在我的合作律师会 |
[23:42] | will walk you through those reasons. | 向你们阐明这些原因 |
[23:47] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[23:50] | Corporal Laney tried, | 莱尼下士 |
[23:52] | repeatedly, | 曾经多次试图让 |
[23:54] | to get Sergeant Meyer to change his behavior. | 迈尔中士改变他的行为 |
[23:56] | So did other men in the unit, | 部队中的其他人也这样做过 |
[23:58] | other men who will testify | 他们也会上庭作证 |
[23:59] | about Meyer’s disregard for human life, | 证明迈尔漠视生命 |
[24:03] | recklessness, | 行事鲁莽 |
[24:04] | and unwillingness to follow military protocols | 不愿遵守军事议定书或 |
[24:06] | or the laws of war. | 战争法 |
[24:10] | What Major Brigham here wants you to forget | 布里格姆少校是想让你们忘记 |
[24:13] | is that there are limits to obedience, | 对上级的服从不是无条件的 |
[24:16] | even in the Army. | 即便在军中也是如此 |
[24:18] | Apparently, he forgot his training. | 很明显 他忘记了他的训练 |
[24:20] | But I haven’t. | 但我没有 |
[24:21] | I’m sure you haven’t either. | 我相信你们也没有 |
[24:22] | The chain of command doesn’t mean | 服从上级并不意味着 |
[24:25] | that you do anything your C.O. Tells you. | 你的指挥官要你干什么就干什么 |
[24:29] | Every grunt learns on the first day | 每位士兵入伍第一天都会学习 |
[24:32] | that there are commands | 有些命令 |
[24:34] | and commanders you must disobey. | 和指挥官是必须违抗的 |
[24:40] | This is a chess clock. | 这是一个赛棋钟 |
[24:42] | When you argue motions, start it, | 当你们提出动议时 开始计时 |
[24:44] | and you’ll have 45 seconds to complete your argument. | 你们有45秒完成辩诉 |
[24:49] | – That is unfair, Your Honor. – Only for those | -这不公平 法官阁下 -这仅针对 |
[24:51] | – who want to give speeches. – This is a rocket docket. | -想发言的人 -这是火箭程序 |
[24:53] | 指法院以严格遵守截止日期的法律为据 迅速处理当前案件和辩诉 | |
[24:53] | That’s what you are doing. | 你是在执行火箭程序 |
[24:54] | If you’re objecting, Counselor, | 如果你要提出异议 律师 |
[24:55] | start the clock. | 请开始计时 |
[25:00] | I can’t distill my argument down to 45 seconds. | 我无法将我的辩诉浓缩至45秒 |
[25:03] | We’re fine over here. | 我们没意见 |
[25:04] | The legal doctrine of laches says | 根据法律的懈怠原则 |
[25:07] | that when one party delays unreasonably, | 当一方无理由拖延庭审时 |
[25:09] | the court may intervene. | 法庭可以进行干预 |
[25:10] | So, Mr. Griegson, you’re on notice. | 所以 戈里格森先生 对你提出警告 |
[25:13] | No more delays. | 不可再无故拖延 |
[25:14] | Ms. Chang, you’re the plaintiff here. | 张女士 你是原告 |
[25:16] | You’re up first. Let’s go. | 你先来 开始 |
[25:18] | Sergeant Meyer, | 迈尔中士 |
[25:19] | isn’t it true that you are being court-martialed for murder | 你在大厅另头被军事法庭判定谋杀罪 |
[25:22] | down the hall? | 是否属实 |
[25:23] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance. | 反对 法官阁下 与本案无关 |
[25:24] | Ms. Reddick wants to distract from her own client’s crimes | 雷迪克女士是想通过诋毁证人转移陪审组 |
[25:27] | by smearing the witness. | 对她当事人罪行的注意力 |
[25:27] | The accusations against Sergeant Meyer are essential | 对迈尔中士的指控和我们当事人的行为 |
[25:30] | to putting our client’s actions into context. | 有直接联系 |
[25:34] | Overruled. You may answer, Sergeant. | 反对无效 你可以回答了 中士 |
[25:36] | On the advice of counsel, I assert my right | 根据律师建议 我在此主张 |
[25:38] | under the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination. | 宪法第五修正案赋予的权利 拒绝自证其罪 |
[25:41] | Sergeant, you understand, if you assert that right, | 中士 你是否明白 如果主张此项权利 |
[25:43] | you cannot answer any question put to you? | 对你提出的任何问题 你都不能回答 |
[25:48] | – Yes, Your Honor. – We move to release the witness. | -明白 法官阁下 -我们要撤下证人 |
[25:50] | – If he’s not gonna answer the questions… – Your Honor, | -如果他不回答我们这个问题 -法官阁下 |
[25:51] | the defense is entitled to question the witness. | 被告有权询问证人 |
[25:53] | If he doesn’t want to answer, | 如果他不想回答 |
[25:54] | the panel can draw its own conclusions. | 陪审组可以自行得出结论 |
[25:55] | The defense is just hoping the panel will hold | 被告只是希望陪审组 |
[25:57] | this exercise of constitutional rights against him. | 对他行使宪法权利作出对他不利的判决 |
[26:01] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[26:04] | You may proceed, Ms. Reddick. | 你可以继续了 雷迪克女士 |
[26:08] | Sergeant Meyer, isn’t it true that you used | 迈尔中士 你是否曾让一名 |
[26:10] | a 15-year-old girl wearing a blue hijab | 十五岁带着蓝色穆斯林头巾的女孩 |
[26:13] | crossing the town square as target practice? | 站在城镇广场对面作为射击练习的靶子 |
[26:17] | I assert my Fifth Amendment right | 我主张宪法第五修正案所赋予的权利 |
[26:19] | against self-incrimination. | 拒绝自证其罪 |
[26:20] | Didn’t you strangle a 17-year-old Afghan boy | 你有没有勒死一位正在寻求救治的 |
[26:23] | who was seeking medical treatment? | 十七岁阿富汗男孩 |
[26:25] | I refuse to answer | 我拒绝回答 |
[26:26] | on the grounds that doing so may incriminate me. | 这个问题可能令我自证己罪 |
[26:28] | Isn’t it also true | 那你是否 |
[26:30] | that you collected teeth and trophies | 从被你的被害人身上收集 |
[26:33] | – from your victims? – My answer to this question | -牙齿和战利品 -此问题及 |
[26:36] | and to future questions | 之后的所有问题 |
[26:37] | is I will assert my Fifth Amendment right | 我都将主张宪法第五修正案所赋予的权利 |
[26:39] | – against self-incrimination. – If I were innocent, | -拒绝自证其罪 -如果我是无辜的 |
[26:41] | hearing all these accusations against me, | 听到这些对我的指控 |
[26:43] | I would feel an overwhelming desire to defend myself. | 我会无法遏制地想为自己辩解 |
[26:46] | Objection. | 反对 |
[26:47] | – Sustained. – Nothing further. | -反对有效 -我问完了 |
[26:49] | – You may step down, Sergeant. – Your Honor, | -你可以下去了 中士 -法官阁下 |
[26:51] | I also have questions for the witness. | 我还有问题要问证人 |
[26:53] | Major Brigham just finished arguing | 布里格姆少校才辩称 |
[26:54] | that questions were useless. | 这些问题毫无意义 |
[26:55] | And he was overruled. | 他被驳回了 |
[26:57] | Go ahead, Major. | 请问 少校 |
[26:58] | Isn’t it true that Ms. Reddick hopes that, | 雷迪克女士是否希望 |
[27:00] | by making wild accusations that you can’t deny, | 通过提出一些荒唐至极且你无法否认的指控 |
[27:04] | she’ll persuade the panel that you’re a dangerous man? | 令陪审组相信是你一位危险人物 |
[27:10] | I assert my Fifth Amendment right | 我主张宪法第五修正案所赋予的权利 |
[27:11] | against self-incrimination. | 拒绝自证己罪 |
[27:13] | Just to make it clear how ludicrous | 我只是想说明这种辩护策略 |
[27:15] | this defense strategy is, | 有多么荒唐 |
[27:17] | could you please confirm, Sergeant Meyer, | 你能否确认 迈尔中士 |
[27:19] | that you are, in fact, an alien sun god? | 事实上 你是一位外星来的太阳神 |
[27:23] | I refuse to, on the grounds -it may incriminate me. | 我拒绝回答 这个问题可能令我自证己罪 |
[27:25] | Isn’t it also true that you slaughter unicorns, Sergeant? | 那你是否屠杀过独角兽 中士 |
[27:28] | On the advice of counsel, | 根据律师建议 |
[27:30] | I refuse to answer, | 我拒绝回答 |
[27:31] | on the grounds it may incriminate me. | 这个问题可能令我自证己罪 |
[27:39] | Yeah. So, the resort is in great condition. | 这个度假岛情况良好 |
[27:41] | No major debts. | 没有重大债务 |
[27:43] | Good. So what’s the worry? | 很好 那还有什么顾虑 |
[27:44] | Hurricane insurance. | 飓风保险 |
[27:45] | That’s why the ask is so low. | 所以报价这么低 |
[27:47] | You’ll just have to get another million off the price. | 你只用再砍一百万 |
[27:50] | You play poker? | 你玩扑克牌吗 |
[27:51] | Do I– What? | 我… 什么 |
[27:52] | Play poker. | 玩扑克 |
[27:54] | I want you to meet some friends. | 我想带你见几位朋友 |
[27:57] | What? What is this? | 什么 这是什么 |
[27:59] | Some friends. | 一些朋友 |
[28:01] | It used to be a book group, but then we got bored, so… | 本来是个读书小组 不过后来觉得无聊就 |
[28:04] | now it’s poker. | 变成了扑克小组 |
[28:05] | What friends? | 什么朋友 |
[28:08] | Oh. Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[28:10] | – She’s a– she’s a mogul, a billionaire. – No. | -她可是位大亨 亿万富豪 -没有啦 |
[28:14] | Half a billion, on a good day. | 时运好的时候才有五亿吧 |
[28:15] | And… | 还有… |
[28:19] | – As in…? – Yes. | -就是那位… -是的 |
[28:21] | The performer? | 那位演员 |
[28:22] | We call her Tee. | 我们叫她小茶 |
[28:23] | She’s just like everyone else here. | 她和其他人都一样 |
[28:24] | Yeah, Bianca, she’s-she’s not. | 才怪 比安卡 她可不一样 |
[28:26] | – She’s… – Lucca, you’re gonna be fine. | -她… -卢卡 你慢慢就会冷静的 |
[28:28] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[28:29] | – This is your friend? – Yes. Lucca. | -这就是你的朋友吗 -是的 卢卡 |
[28:31] | This is…, … and… | 这是… …还有… |
[28:33] | – Hey. – Hi. | -你好 -你们好 |
[28:35] | I’m-I’m sor– I didn’t know we were… | 很抱歉 我之前不知道我们会来这 |
[28:37] | coming or I’d have worn pants. | 不然我一定会穿上裤子的 |
[28:40] | Okay! | 来吧 |
[28:41] | Let’s play or I won’t have time to kick your asses. | 快开始 不然我哪有时间打得你们屁滚尿流 |
[28:44] | I’m not really that much of a poker player. | 我其实不怎么会玩扑克 |
[28:45] | Oh, we mostly play for charity. | 我们玩扑克基本都是为了慈善目的 |
[28:47] | Where are we starting the pot, | 一局赌多少 |
[28:49] | – 10 or 20? – Last time, we did 20. | -十还是二十 -上一次是从二十开始的 |
[28:51] | Uh, Bianca, can I ask a question? | 比安卡 我能问个问题吗 |
[28:56] | “10 or 20,” that’s…? | “十还是二十”的单位是指… |
[28:58] | – Thousand. – Yeah, I’m gonna watch. | -千 -很好 我观战就好 |
[29:00] | – No, I’m spotting you. – No, please, | -不 我要看你玩 -不要了 拜托 |
[29:02] | – I can’t pay. – I’m spotting you. | -我付不起 -我要看你玩 |
[29:03] | I want to have some fun tonight. Come on. | 我今晚一定要尽兴 别扫兴 |
[29:06] | I’m good for it. I’ll spot you 50. | 我乐意给你五万 |
[29:08] | – What if I lose? – It goes to charity. | -万一我输了怎么办 -就当做慈善了 |
[29:11] | Sit down. Have some fun. | 坐下吧 好好玩一玩 |
[29:15] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[29:16] | Come on. Sit down. We don’t bite. | 来吧 坐下 我们又不咬人 |
[29:18] | – We sure don’t. – No. Relax, girl. | -我们绝对不咬人 -放松点 姑娘 |
[29:21] | We are starting at 15. | 我们从十五开始 |
[29:22] | Yeah, on the table. | 好的 赌注放上来 |
[29:24] | – The champs. The champs. – The champs. | -赢牌 赢牌 -赢牌 |
[29:38] | 特朗普让你情绪低落了吗 周六晚上痛快笑一笑吧 | |
[29:48] | 接下来 特朗普总统的行政时间 | |
[29:49] | Currently, on C-span, | 现在在公共电视频道上 |
[29:51] | a glimpse of President Trump during his valuable excutive time. | 来一探特朗普总统在宝贵的行政时间里会干什么 |
[29:55] | We go now to President Trump in the oval office. | 现在我们就去特朗普总统的办公室看一看 |
[30:01] | Mike Pence! | 迈克·彭斯[副总统] |
[30:03] | Where is Mikey Pence?! | 迈奇·彭斯在哪 |
[30:05] | All the presidential portraits are staring at me! | 所有的总统画像都在盯着我看 |
[30:08] | And no one will tell me which one is Hamilton. | 但却没有一个能告诉我谁是汉密尔顿[政治家] |
[30:11] | You called for me, Mr. President? | 你找我来有事吗 总统先生 |
[30:13] | What’s the latest on the evangelicals? | 基督教福音派教徒那边有什么新消息吗 |
[30:16] | Are they still with me? | 他们还支持我吗 |
[30:17] | Till the end of the world. | 直到世界毁灭 |
[30:19] | Or November. | 不过也可能就到十一月 |
[30:20] | Whichever comes first. | 也不知道哪个会先发生 |
[30:22] | Good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[30:23] | Then I can have some executive time. | 那我就能有一点行政的时间了 |
[30:29] | Who’s at the door? | 谁在门口 |
[30:31] | Is that the pizza guy? | 是送披萨的人吗 |
[30:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[30:59] | Excuse me! | 什么玩意 |
[31:04] | It’s disgusting, the way they write about Meghan | 太恶心了 他们居然这么写梅根 |
[31:06] | compared to the way they write about Kate. | 他们写凯特可没有这么恶毒 |
[31:08] | Well, it is the British tabloids. | 可英国小报就是这样 |
[31:10] | The one-drop rule is alive and well. | 一滴法则仍然稳健存在于世 |
[31:11] | Imagine if Meghan didn’t straighten her hair. | 想象一下如果梅根没拉直头发会怎么样吧 |
[31:15] | – Okay, where are we? – It’s you. | -好吧 该谁出牌了 -你 |
[31:16] | – I call. – Pair of sixes. | -我叫牌 -一对六 |
[31:18] | I got nothing. | 我什么都没有 |
[31:19] | Read ’em and weep, ladies. | 看看我这牌痛哭吧 女士们 |
[31:20] | – Full house, twos and nines. – Damn it. | -葫芦 三张二和两张九 -该死 |
[31:23] | Three fives. | 三张五 |
[31:24] | Lucca? | 卢卡 |
[31:27] | I swear, this has never happened to me. | 我发誓 这种事从来没发生过 |
[31:30] | – Oh, just put ’em down. – What? | -赶快给我们看看 -什么牌 |
[31:33] | Four jacks. | 四张J |
[31:37] | Well, go ahead, take the pot, bitch. | 来吧 拿走所有钱 贱人 |
[31:39] | – Okay, sushi break. – A short one. | -好了 吃点寿司歇一会 -别休息太久 |
[31:42] | Give me time to win it back. | 给我时间把钱都赢回来 |
[31:46] | Um, no, Bianca, I… | 等一下 比安卡 我… |
[31:49] | – I can’t take this. – Sure you can. | -我不能拿这笔钱 -当然可以 |
[31:51] | They can afford it. Plus, they’re having a blast. | 她们付得起 再说 她们也玩得很开心啊 |
[31:53] | Uh, yeah, but, uh, it wasn’t my money to start with, | 是的 但是开始时下注的钱不是我的 |
[31:55] | it was yours. | 是你的钱 |
[31:56] | So? If someone gives you money | 那又怎样 如果有个人给你钱 |
[31:58] | to go to a carnival, and you win | 带你去狂欢节 然后你赢了 |
[31:59] | a stuffed animal or a goldfish, do you give it back? | 毛绒动物玩具或者金鱼 你还会还回去吗 |
[32:01] | Yeah, but this-this is not a goldfish or a stuffed animal. | 不会 但这可不是金鱼或毛绒玩具啊 |
[32:05] | How about I quit, | 要不然我不玩了 |
[32:06] | and you play with my winnings. | 你用我赢来的钱继续 |
[32:08] | No. You’re being ridiculous. | 不行 你这想法太可笑了 |
[32:09] | You can pay me back the original 50, but the rest is yours. | 你可以还我原来的五万 但剩下的都归你 |
[32:13] | Look, if you’re that uncomfortable, just lose. | 如果你真的那么不舒服 那就输点钱 |
[32:16] | Okay. So, how much is there? | 好吧 桌上大概有多少钱 |
[32:19] | Half a million. | 五十万 |
[32:21] | What? | 什么 |
[32:22] | But don’t forget: 20%… | 不过别忘了 其中百分之二十… |
[32:23] | goes to charity. | 要用来做慈善 |
[32:54] | Out. | 不跟了 |
[33:03] | Call. | 叫牌 |
[33:05] | Let’s see it. I have nothing. | 来看牌吧 我没什么牌 |
[33:08] | Two threes. | 两个三 |
[33:10] | Damn it. It’s yours. | 该死 你赢了 |
[33:12] | What? What-what do you have? | 怎么会 你有什么牌 |
[33:13] | Nothing. | 没你大 |
[33:15] | It’s yours, Lucca! | 你赢了 卢卡 |
[33:16] | Congratulations! | 恭喜你 |
[33:19] | A million and a half dollars! | 一百五十万 |
[33:29] | – We got a problem. – What? | -我们有麻烦了 -什么 |
[33:31] | Trump’s Twitter feed? | 特朗普的推特吗 |
[33:33] | Damn. “Sergeant Meyer | 糟糕 “迈尔中士 |
[33:34] | “is one of our great fighters. | 是我们的斗士 |
[33:36] | “Effective immediately, I’m pardoning him | 我赦免他 即刻生效 |
[33:38] | – so he can continue to serve this great country.” – Jesus. | -以便他继续为伟大祖国服务” -天 |
[33:41] | “Stop hounding him, | “不要揪住他不放 |
[33:43] | and get back to business.” | 说正事” |
[33:50] | Okay, okay, so we-we still have the squad members | 好吧 咱们还有小队的成员 |
[33:53] | to testify to what Meyer did; the pardon doesn’t matter. | 出庭作证迈尔的所作所为 赦免也没用 |
[33:56] | No. They’re not testifying. | 不 他们不会出庭作证了 |
[33:57] | – What? How do you know? – I called them. | -什么 你怎么知道 -我打过电话 |
[33:59] | First thing I did. They’re worried about Meyer, | 看到推特之后先打电话 他们担心 |
[34:01] | now that he’s pardoned, that he’s gonna come after them. | 现在迈尔被赦免了 他会秋后算账 |
[34:03] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷 |
[34:05] | These guys fight terrorists and they dismantle IEDs. | 这些人可是打击恐怖主义者和拆除炸弹的 |
[34:09] | – I don’t understand why they’re afraid to speak up.- It’s not | -搞不懂为什么害怕说真话 -不是 |
[34:11] | cowardice. | 怯懦 |
[34:13] | Meyer keeps his command, he’s back to being their superior. | 迈尔军衔不变 回去继续做他们的长官 |
[34:15] | They got to work with him again.They may have to work | 他们还要一起战斗 有可能 |
[34:17] | – with him for years.- All right, that… makes sense. | -并肩作战很多年 -好吧 也是 |
[34:20] | You know, there is… | 话说现在 |
[34:22] | one witness we can call now. | 还有一个可传唤的证人 |
[34:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:40] | Wake up, Cinderella. | 醒醒 灰姑娘 |
[34:44] | Ten-hut! | 立正 |
[34:48] | At ease. | 请坐 |
[34:50] | Does the defense have anything else? | 被告方还有什么要说的吗 |
[34:51] | We have one more witness, Your Honor. | 我们要传唤一名证人 法官阁下 |
[34:53] | The defense recalls Sergeant Meyer to the stand. | 被告方重新传唤迈尔中士出庭作证 |
[34:55] | The defense has already wasted the court’s time | 被告方这是在浪费法庭的时间 |
[34:57] | – with this cynical tactic, Your Honor. – The sergeant made it clear | -嘲弄规则 法官阁下 -中士明确表示 |
[34:59] | he would not answer your questions, Ms. Reddick. | 他不会回答你的问题 雷迪克女士 |
[35:01] | Yes. | 没错 |
[35:01] | But within the last 24 hours, the sergeant has been pardoned | 但不到24小时前 中士已被赦免 |
[35:04] | for his actions in Afghanistan, | 他在阿富汗的一切行为 |
[35:06] | so he no longer has a Fifth Amendment right. | 因此他无权再引用第五修正案 |
[35:08] | – He must answer. – Your Honor… | -他必须回答问题 -法官阁下 |
[35:09] | The Supreme Court precedent | 最高法院有判例在先 |
[35:10] | is Burdick v. United States. | 伯迪克诉美国案 |
[35:13] | The relevant passages are there. | 相关判决说明在这里 |
[35:17] | Recall Sergeant Meyer. | 传迈尔中士上庭 |
[35:23] | Sergeant, isn’t it true | 中士 艾哈迈德·莫瓦德被枪杀 |
[35:25] | that Mr. Ahmad Mowad was shot | 是在下午3点左右 |
[35:28] | in the afternoon around 3:00 P.M.? | 是这样的吗 |
[35:30] | Uh… 1500 hours? | 也就是15点 |
[35:31] | I plead the Fifth, same as before. | 我援引第五修正案 答案不变 |
[35:34] | You must answer the questions, Sergeant. | 你必须回答问题 中士 |
[35:36] | You have no Fifth Amendment right. | 现在你不受第五修正案的保护 |
[35:41] | So it’s true you shot Mr. Mowadat at 1500 hours? | 你在15点枪杀了莫瓦德先生对吗 |
[35:47] | – Affirmative. – And Corporal Laney | -是的 -莱尼下士 |
[35:49] | has admitted to taking your gun around dinner time | 承认他前一天的晚餐时间 |
[35:52] | the evening before. Can you confirm that he had | 拿了你的枪 你可以确认 |
[35:54] | access to your gun at that time? | 那个时间段他能接触到你的枪吗 |
[35:55] | – Yes. – And at no other time | -确认 -而在莫瓦德被杀之前 |
[35:57] | before Mr. Mowad was killed? | 其它时间段是没有接触的对吗 |
[35:58] | – That’s right. – I have a document here | -对的 -我这里有份文件 |
[36:01] | stating that you practice | 声称你每天早晨 |
[36:03] | – every morning with your gun. – Objection. | -都会带枪练习 -我反对 |
[36:05] | Trial counsel has not been given a copy | 我们并没有拿到 |
[36:07] | – of this mysterious document. – This is a transcript | -这份神秘文件 -这是您的 |
[36:09] | of your opening statement, Major. | 开庭陈词记录 少校 |
[36:11] | I’m assuming you told the truth. | 我假定您说的是事实 |
[36:15] | Overruled, Major. | 反对无效 少校 |
[36:16] | Actually, we did more than assume; we checked. | 事实上 不单单是猜想 我们调查过 |
[36:19] | The AAMS keeps a log of bullets used | 美国军队管理系统记录了所有 |
[36:23] | during target practice. | 射击练习时使用的子弹 |
[36:25] | Sergeant, isn’t this your name right here, | 中士 这是您的名字吧 |
[36:28] | practicing on the morning that Mr. Mowad was killed? | 在莫瓦德被杀那个早晨的练习记录 |
[36:31] | – Yes. – So you knew | -是的 -所以那个早晨 |
[36:33] | that your gun was working fine that morning, | 你知道自己的枪可以正常使用 |
[36:36] | whatever Corporal Laney did the night before? | 不论莱尼下士前一天晚上做了什么 |
[36:38] | – No. – Sergeant. | -我不知道 -中士 |
[36:40] | Before you continue, | 在继续回答之前 |
[36:41] | uh, please understand that you were only pardoned | 请你明白你的赦免 |
[36:44] | for your actions in Afghanistan. | 只针对你在阿富汗的行为有效 |
[36:47] | And if you lie on the stand today, | 如果你今天在证人席说假话 |
[36:48] | that’s a new crime: | 那就是新罪名 |
[36:50] | perjury. | 作伪证 |
[36:51] | And that’s why the prosecutor’s here. | 所以检察官们都在 |
[36:54] | So you knew that your gun was working fine | 在你朝翻译官开枪时 |
[36:56] | when you shot the translator? | 你知道自己的枪可正常使用 |
[37:00] | Sergeant? | 中士 |
[37:05] | I may… I may have. | 也许… 是这样 |
[37:07] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[37:12] | Sergeant, the difference between a civilian and a combatant | 中士 在阿富汗平民与战士的差异 |
[37:15] | isn’t quite as clear in Afghanistan | 并没有我们想象的 |
[37:16] | as we might imagine, is it? | 那么容易区分 是不是 |
[37:18] | – No, it isn’t. – For example, | -没错 -比如 |
[37:19] | don’t terrorists send children and the elderly | 恐怖分子会派小孩子和老人 |
[37:21] | to find American sniper nests, | 搜寻美国狙击手的驻扎地 |
[37:23] | assuming we’ll be too squeamish to shoot, | 以为这样我们的军人就不会射击了 |
[37:25] | so they can use that information to set traps | 恐怖分子利用这些信息对我们 |
[37:28] | – for our soldiers? – That is correct. | -设陷阱吗 -是这样 |
[37:29] | In this tweet, President Trump calls you a warrior… | 这条推文里 特朗普总统称你为正义战士 |
[37:32] | – Objection.- This is our commander in chief, | -我反对 -法官阁下 |
[37:34] | Your Honor, speaking to an issue pertinent to this court. | 这是我们的总司令对本案的相关评论 |
[37:38] | Ask your question. | 问吧 |
[37:39] | President Trump calls you a warrior, Sergeant, | 特朗普总统称你为正义战士 中士 |
[37:42] | and says, “I see nothing wrong with how Sergeant Meyer behaved. | 表示”迈尔中士的表现没有问题 |
[37:45] | “He was only doing his duty. | 他只是尽忠职守 |
[37:48] | We need our warriors to be tough these days.” | 现如今我们的战士们就该那么强硬” |
[37:51] | Do you believe… | 你是否认为 |
[37:53] | Corporal Laney, your subordinate, | 你的下属 莱尼下士 |
[37:56] | not only disobeyed orders | 不仅违抗指令 |
[37:58] | but prevented you from doing your duty? | 而且妨碍你尽忠职守 |
[38:01] | Yes. | 是 |
[38:03] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[38:06] | Well? | 怎样 |
[38:08] | I can’t tell. | 看不出来 |
[38:18] | There you go. | 给 |
[38:19] | – What’s this? – A file. | -这是什么 -一份文件 |
[38:21] | – For what? – Some case. | -什么的文件 -某个案子 |
[38:26] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[38:28] | Well, what? | 什么怎么样 |
[38:29] | Tell me. What’d you do? | 说说看 干吗了 |
[38:30] | I… helped her buy a resort. | 我帮她买下一处度假地 |
[38:33] | You’re kidding. Oh, my God. | 开玩笑的吧 我的天啊 |
[38:35] | But I’m still the better friend, right? | 但我还是更亲的闺蜜吧 |
[38:36] | Always. So, I have a question for you. | 一直是 我有一个问题 |
[38:39] | Hit me. | 来吧 |
[38:41] | I won some money playing poker, | 我玩扑克赢了钱 |
[38:43] | – and she lent me my stake. – How much? | -赌本是她借我的 -多少 |
[38:46] | – How much did she lend? – No, how much did you win? | -她借了我多少 -不是 是你赢了多少 |
[38:50] | Fifteen hundred. | 一千五 |
[38:52] | Oh. Well, that was anticlimactic. | 真扫兴 |
[38:55] | But she lent me the money to bet, so… | 但是她借我的钱 所以 |
[38:58] | shouldn’t I give her all the winnings? | 我不该把赢的也还给她吗 |
[38:59] | No. She doesn’t need $1,500. | 不用 她又不需要一千五百块 |
[39:02] | – Keep it. – What if it’s a lot more? | -留着呗 -万一比这多很多呢 |
[39:04] | Don’t ask me how much. | 不要问我有多少 |
[39:06] | – Okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好啊 |
[39:07] | – How much? – No matter how much money, | -有多少 -不管有多少 |
[39:09] | – I should give it all to her, right? – No. | -我都该全给她 是吧 -才不是 |
[39:11] | If you feel guilty, get her a gift. | 你要是心里不好受 就送一份礼物 |
[39:13] | Something a rich person needs. | 送一件有钱人需要的东西 |
[39:14] | What does a rich person need? | 有钱人会需要什么呢 |
[39:16] | Love. | 爱 |
[39:23] | Have you, um… started? | 你… 开始了吗 |
[39:28] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[39:29] | – You look calmer. – Well… | -你比之前平静一些了 -那么 |
[39:31] | what have we got? | 这是什么案子 |
[39:33] | Lonergan vs. Syncrest, Inc. | 洛纳根诉同峰股份有限公司 |
[39:36] | Eminent domain. | 征用权纠纷 |
[39:37] | Ah. Counselors, | 律师们 |
[39:38] | welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[39:40] | Is everybody ready to get going? | 都准备好开始了吗 |
[39:41] | – Yes, Your Honor. – Actually, Your Honor, | -是的 法官阁下 -其实 法官阁下 |
[39:44] | my client is unable to be here today. | 今天我的当事人无法赶来 |
[39:46] | – Aw. Why is that? – He’s in New York | -什么原因 -他在纽约 |
[39:48] | ringing the opening bell at the stock exchange. | 参加公司上市的敲钟仪式 |
[39:49] | – Oh. Impressive. – Your Honor, | -令人惊叹 -法官阁下 |
[39:52] | the defendant is still harming my client’s business. | 被告对我方当事人业务的损害仍在持续 |
[39:55] | You’re suggesting, Counselor, that any further delays | 你的意思是 律师 继续推迟审理 |
[39:57] | – might be prejudicial? – Yes, | -可能是存有偏见的 -是的 |
[39:59] | – and if I may explain… – No need. | -若允许我进一步说明 -不必了 |
[40:01] | I agree. Injunction granted. | 我同意 强制令获准 |
[40:03] | Your Honor, if I… | 法官阁下 若允许 |
[40:04] | No. You had 24 hours | 停 我给了你24小时 |
[40:06] | to present your client– you failed. | 来代理你的委托人 但你失败了 |
[40:08] | Judgment for the plaintiff. | 支持原告 |
[40:13] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[40:17] | Well, thank you, Diane. | 谢谢你 戴安 |
[40:18] | I think he saw you over here. | 他肯定看到你了 |
[40:21] | No, I don’t think that was it. | 不 不是因为我 |
[40:28] | Enter. | 进 |
[40:31] | Diane. What’s up? | 戴安 什么事 |
[40:34] | I think you and I should have lunch. | 我们应该共进午餐 |
[40:36] | – Why? – To trade information | -为什么 -交换关于 |
[40:37] | about Memo 618. | 618号备忘录的信息 |
[40:47] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[40:49] | I can never tell. | 从来都看不出来 |
[40:53] | Have you reached a verdict? | 你们是否作出裁决 |
[41:08] | Corporal Laney, please stand. | 莱尼下士 请起立 |
[41:11] | On the charge of negligent homicide, | 就过失杀人罪 |
[41:13] | the panel finds the defendant, Army Corporal Demarcus Laney, | 陪审组裁决被告 德马库斯·莱尼陆军下士 |
[41:16] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[41:17] | On the charge of insubordination, | 就不服命令罪 |
[41:19] | not guilty. And on the charge | 无罪 就破坏 |
[41:21] | of damage to military property, guilty. | 军队财物罪 有罪 |
[41:24] | The panel imposes a sentence of time served. | 陪审组决定被告刑期已服完毕 |
[41:27] | Corporal Laney, you may go. | 莱尼下士 你可以走了 |
[41:29] | – Court adjourned. – Attention! | -休庭 -立正 |
[41:37] | – Nice work. – You, too. | -干得漂亮 -你也是 |
[41:40] | Feels good to win for a change. | 胜诉还能感觉那么好呢 |
[41:45] | You have to get home to Malcolm? | 你得回家陪马尔科姆吗 |
[41:49] | No, Malcolm is, uh, with his father tonight. | 不用 马尔科姆今晚和他父亲在一起 |
[41:52] | Want to grab dinner? | 一起吃饭吗 |
[42:09] | What are we doing? | 我们这是干吗呢 |
[42:11] | We’re experimenting. | 做实验呢 |
[42:12] | Yeah. | 是哦 |
[42:20] | How much? | 多少 |
[42:22] | Without the frills. | 不要褶边 |
[42:25] | Someone left a gift for you. | 某人留了礼物给你 |
[42:30] | No. Come to me in good faith, | 不行 诚心实意来找我 |
[42:31] | and I might change my mind. | 我或许会改变心意 |
[42:35] | I’ll call you back. | 稍后打给你 |