时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Robert Frost says fences make good neighbors. | 罗伯特·弗罗斯特说 栅栏造就好邻居 |
[00:13] | But, in this case, | 但在这个案子里 |
[00:15] | we have to ask, do neighbors make good fences? | 该问的是 邻居能造出好栅栏吗 |
[00:18] | My Uncle Irving happened to have a fence and sign business. | 我叔叔艾尔文恰巧有做栅栏和标牌的业务 |
[00:22] | I shudder to think what he would have thought | 我不敢想 他会如何看待这种 |
[00:23] | 戴尔·库珀 我的屏幕上看不到画面 主持人 马上 我重启一下 戴尔·库珀 好了 | |
[00:24] | – of this chain-link monstrosity. – Come on, come on. Up. | -怪物一样的连锁店 -快起来啊 |
[00:26] | – Up, up, up, up, up. – Okay. | -起来起来 -好了 |
[00:28] | Who’s playing? | 谁在比赛吗 |
[00:30] | Oh, hey. Nobody. | 没比赛 |
[00:32] | That’s the focus group. | 那是焦点小组 |
[00:34] | It’s your guy, Wackner. | 你家那位瓦克纳 |
[00:36] | Must not be going well if you’re calling him my guy. | 你把他算到我家了 情况一定不太好 |
[00:40] | Why aren’t you there in person? | 你为什么没在现场 |
[00:42] | It is in Vegas. | 他们在维加斯 |
[00:44] | You know, where the real Americans live. | 就真正的美国人住的地方 |
[00:46] | You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around? Turn! | 你来转个圈给大家变个戏法 转起来 |
[00:49] | – That’s what it’s all about? – What do all those X’s mean? | -这才对 -那些X是什么 |
[00:51] | Those X’s are all the people that said | 那些X代表那些说要 |
[00:53] | they would, uh, change the channel. | 换台的人 |
[00:55] | – And you shake it all about? -Ouch. | -大家都抖一抖 -哎哟 |
[00:57] | That’s a lot of X’s. | 那这里有好多X |
[00:58] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. That’s a lot of X’s. | 没错 有很多 |
[01:01] | But it’s just the first cut. | 但这只是第一版剪辑 |
[01:03] | Now the Q&A begins. | 现在是问答环节 |
[01:04] | So, pretty fun stuff. | 都是很有趣的东西 |
[01:06] | Uh, so on a scale from one to five, | 那么 在1到5之间 |
[01:08] | how would you rate your level of excitement for Wackner Rules? | 你对《瓦克纳断案》有多期待 |
[01:10] | Use your dials. | 请使用你们的拨号器 |
[01:14] | A-Am I to guess that-that low numbers are bad? | 我可以认为低分就代表不好吗 |
[01:18] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[01:19] | Yeah. Let’s see here. | 好吧 我们看看 |
[01:21] | “Ask them | 问他们 |
[01:23] | what would make them rate the show higher.” | 什么会让他们打更高的分 |
[01:25] | So what exactly didn’t you like about the show? | 你们不喜欢节目的什么地方呢 |
[01:28] | Very impressive. | 很厉害 |
[01:30] | You know, that’s just me running the universe from my laptop. | 我能通过一个笔记本电脑管理宇宙 |
[01:34] | Yeah. The cases are stupid. | 案子太蠢了 |
[01:36] | A fight over a barking dog? Shoes that don’t fit? | 因为狗乱叫起的争端 不合脚的鞋 |
[01:39] | Looks like a lot of you are agreeing. | 看起来你们大多人都同意 |
[01:41] | – What would you rather see? – Something that matters. | -你们想看什么 -不是鸡毛蒜皮的事情 |
[01:43] | – Something like burglary or… – Yeah. | -比如入室抢劫 -对 |
[01:46] | …robbery or something. | 抢劫什么的 |
[01:48] | Yes, the wisdom of the crowd. | 这就是群体智慧 |
[01:50] | Give them blood and violence every time. | 每次都要血和暴力 |
[01:58] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[02:00] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 太抱歉了 |
[02:01] | Was I not paying you enough attention? | 我给你的关注不够多吗 |
[02:03] | Oh. No, you weren’t, | 完全不够 |
[02:04] | – as a matter of fact. – Oh, well, I’m going to now. | -说真的 -那现在就不一样了 |
[02:08] | All right. Here’s the deal. | 好了 事情是这样的 |
[02:09] | They loved some things and not others. | 他们喜欢一些东西 不喜欢另一些 |
[02:13] | Why do I care? | 我为什么要关心这些 |
[02:14] | – How many people in a focus group? – 12. | -焦点小组有多少人 -12个 |
[02:16] | – Six men, six women. – And I’m supposed to change what I do | -六男六女 -因为这12个人不喜欢 |
[02:19] | based on 12 people? | 我就要改吗 |
[02:21] | Uh, your first case is up, Your Honor. | 你的第一个案子开始了 法官阁下 |
[02:23] | Wait. So what does this focus group want me to do? | 等等 所以焦点小组想要我做什么 |
[02:26] | No, no, no. | 不用了不用了 |
[02:26] | Just ignore it. Just… | 忽略他们吧 你就 |
[02:28] | psh-psh. You just do you and ignore | 做你自己就好 他们说什么 |
[02:31] | – everything they say. – And what do they say? | -都不用管 -他们说什么了 |
[02:33] | That they find the court engaging | 他们觉得这法庭有参与感 |
[02:34] | and, uh, the costumes. | 那些装扮也不错 |
[02:37] | And, uh, you. | 还有 你 |
[02:39] | They think you’re smart, funny… | 他们觉得你很聪明 有趣 |
[02:41] | I sense a “But” coming. | 我感觉接下来就是一个”但是” |
[02:42] | They think that the cases are, uh… | 他们觉得这些案子 |
[02:45] | – silly. – Well, what do they want us to do? A murder case? | -很蠢 -他们想看我做什么 谋杀案吗 |
[02:49] | No, no, no, that’s never gonna happen. | 不不不 这不可能 |
[02:51] | Right? | 对吧 |
[02:52] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[02:56] | There are… | 确实有些案子 |
[02:58] | better cases. | 会好一点 |
[03:00] | Yeah? | 对吧 |
[03:01] | Such as? | 比如呢 |
[03:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:04] | Like a… robbery? | 比如 抢劫 |
[03:07] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:08] | I’ll leave you two to find some bank robbers. | 你俩负责去找银行抢劫犯吧 |
[03:10] | I got to get back to work. | 我得回去上班了 |
[03:14] | Look, | 听着 |
[03:15] | at some point, | 到某个时候 |
[03:17] | we have to start taking this thing seriously, okay? | 我们得严肃对待这件事了 好吧 |
[03:20] | His court needs this show. | 他的法庭需要这个节目 |
[03:22] | Look at Trump. He wasn’t shit until The Apprentice. | 看看特朗普 他在《飞黄腾达》之前屁都算不上 |
[03:22] | 真人秀节目 在一群人中选拔一位成为特朗普的徒弟 为集团效力 | |
[03:24] | Well, what do you want him to do? | 你想要他做什么 |
[03:26] | Better cases. | 更好的案子 |
[03:27] | More drama. | 更多戏剧因素 |
[03:28] | – Okay? – Yeah. Okay. | -好吗 -好吧 |
[03:32] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[03:38] | I want everybody to breathe. | 大家都做做深呼吸 |
[03:40] | Breathe in. Everybody together. | 吸气 大家一起来 |
[03:41] | Come on, let out some stress. | 快点 减轻压力 |
[03:43] | Come on, counselor, you’re not breathing. That’s gas. | 一起 律师 你没有在呼吸 那是在喷气 |
[03:45] | Let’s go. Five seconds inhale. | 一起来 呼吸五秒 |
[03:47] | One, two, three, four, five, exhale. | 一二三四五 现在吐气 |
[03:51] | Thanks for agreeing to see me, Mr. Cord. | 谢谢你同意见我 科德先生 |
[03:54] | Do you mind if we, um, | 你介意我们 |
[03:55] | – Okay, now, opening arguments. – talk outside? | -好了 开场论证 -出去谈吗 |
[03:58] | One at a time. | 一个个来 |
[03:59] | As you can see, STR Laurie forced us | 你看 STR劳利强迫我们 |
[04:01] | to lay off 20% of our associates. | 裁掉20%的律师 |
[04:03] | I intend to hire them back for my new firm. | 我想要在我的新律所把他们招回来 |
[04:06] | Aren’t they the B-team? | 他们不都是末流人员吗 |
[04:07] | No. They are all capable lawyers. | 不 都是有能力的律师 |
[04:10] | The real key here, sir, | 先生 关键在于 |
[04:12] | is that a new minority-owned law firm | 一家新的由少数族裔管理的律所 |
[04:15] | will be open to no-bid government contracts | 在接下来的八年里 |
[04:17] | for the next eight years. | 可以享受无招标合同的政府优惠 |
[04:19] | Reddick & Lockhart, no longer eligible. | 雷/洛律所已经没有这个资格了 |
[04:21] | Julius… | 朱利叶斯 |
[04:24] | I’m a rich man, and I’m standing in an alley outside a Copy Coop, | 我很有钱 但我站在复印小屋外面的小巷里 |
[04:28] | in the middle of nowhere. | 前不着村后不着店 |
[04:29] | Why am I doing that? | 我为什么要这样呢 |
[04:30] | – because you think it’s the future? – Right. | -因为你觉得这是未来吗 -对 |
[04:33] | And it has the potential to win. | 而且还有赢的潜质 |
[04:36] | My career has been about siding with, uh, successful disrupters. | 我的职业生涯就是和成功的破坏分子们组队 |
[04:41] | Financing the insane geniuses. | 给那些疯狂的天才们经济支持 |
[04:44] | This… | 而这 |
[04:45] | disrupts nothing. | 没有破坏性 |
[04:47] | I’m a Black conservative. | 我是保守派黑人 |
[04:49] | This will be a Black law firm that shares your values. | 这会是一个传达你的价值观的黑人律所 |
[04:52] | Black law firm with very little chance of success. | 一个没有多大赢面的黑人律所 |
[04:55] | I’m sorry. Julius, look at your client list. | 我很抱歉 朱利叶斯 看看你们的客户群体 |
[04:57] | I… I don’t see this as a winner. | 我不觉得这会是赢家 |
[05:01] | What about Diane Lockhart? | 戴安·洛哈特呢 |
[05:06] | Do you think she has a winning client list? | 你觉得戴安·洛哈特的客户有赢面吗 |
[05:09] | Is Diane Lockhart leaving with you? | 戴安·洛哈特会和你一起离开吗 |
[05:12] | She has… | 她有 |
[05:14] | expressed interest. | 表达过兴趣 |
[05:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:17] | You come on back to me with Diane and we’ll talk. | 你拉上戴安来找我 到时候我们再谈 |
[05:28] | Diane, please. | 请转戴安 |
[05:30] | It’s Julius. | 我是朱利叶斯 |
[05:32] | Oh, hey! Hey, hey, hey! | 等等 别贴 |
[05:34] | Wait, I’m-I’m leaving. I’m leaving. | 等等 我这就走了 这就走了 |
[05:36] | Sorry, sir. I already wrote you up. | 对不起 先生 我已经开完单子了 |
[05:38] | W– There’s no meter here. | 这里没有停车收费器 |
[05:39] | You’re in a purple zone. | 你停在紫色区了 |
[05:41] | A pur… | 紫… |
[05:42] | There’s no such thing as a purple zone. | 根本没有什么紫不紫区的 |
[05:44] | Court staff parking. | 法院员工专用停车位 |
[05:46] | What court are you talking about? | 你说的是哪个法院 |
[05:48] | Judge Wackner’s. | 瓦格纳法官的 |
[05:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:55] | Got it. | 我知道了 |
[05:56] | – It’s a joke. – No, sir. | -是个玩笑 -不 先生 |
[05:58] | But don’t worry– it’s just a $40 ticket. | 但是别担心 只是40美元罚金 |
[06:00] | Lady, you can’t just walk around, | 女士 你没有权力随意过来 |
[06:03] | making up your own tickets. | 贴自己私开的罚单 |
[06:04] | This is a public thoroughfare. | 这是公共街道 |
[06:08] | You shouldn’t have done that, sir. | 你不该这样做 先生 |
[06:09] | Ma’am, you can’t just make up your own laws | 女士 你不能自定法律条文 |
[06:12] | and paint the curb any color that you want. | 还把路边随心所欲涂上颜色 |
[06:15] | The City of Chicago controls public parking. | 公共停车位归芝加哥市管辖 |
[06:17] | Unfortunately, sir, I just witnessed you disposing | 先生 很不幸的是 我刚刚目睹了 |
[06:20] | and vandalizing a parking ticket, | 你丢弃并损毁违停罚单 |
[06:22] | which will result in a $350 fine | 除了那40美元之外 |
[06:24] | – on top of the $40… – And you’re trying to | -还要再罚350美元 -你还企图 |
[06:25] | confuse other people into paying tickets by | 伪装成停车执法人员 |
[06:28] | impersonating a parking enforcement official, | 迷惑他人缴纳罚金 |
[06:30] | which is illegal. | 这是违法的 |
[06:32] | Here you go, sir. | 给你 先生 |
[06:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:35] | Sir, I just witnessed you vandalizing | 先生 我刚刚目睹你损毁一张 |
[06:37] | a vandalization ticket, | 损毁罚单 |
[06:38] | and that will result in even a third fine. | 这将处以第三笔罚金 |
[06:44] | Judgment for the defense. | 被告胜诉 |
[06:46] | Please, face each other, look at each other and say, | 请面向彼此 看着对方然后说 |
[06:48] | “I love and respect you.” | “我爱你 我尊重你” |
[06:49] | – I love and respect you. – I love and respect you. | -我爱你 我尊重你 -我爱你 我尊重你 |
[06:51] | Beautiful. Everybody in the courtroom | 很好 在场所有人 |
[06:53] | give me a hee-haw. | 请一起嚎一嗓子 |
[06:59] | So… maybe this reality show was a mistake. | 也许 这个真人秀节目就是个错误 |
[07:02] | – Find out what I got to do to get out of it. – No. | -得想个办法脱身 -不 |
[07:05] | But this is what I will do. | 但是我接下来要做的是 |
[07:06] | I’ll find out how they’re portraying you. | 去查查他们是如何形容你的 |
[07:07] | Because you want this to happen. | 因为你希望能红 |
[07:09] | Why do I want this to happen? | 我为什么希望红 |
[07:10] | Because you have fewer cases this week than the week before | 因为你这周的案子比上周的少 |
[07:12] | and fewer than the week before that. | 上周的比大上周少 |
[07:14] | This court goes away unless more people know you’re here. | 除非越来越多的人知道你 不然这法庭就没了 |
[07:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:19] | So, what are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[07:22] | Okay, I’m gonna exercise this part of your contract. | 我要行使你合同的这个权力 |
[07:26] | “Meaningful consultation on cuts.” | “有意义的剪辑咨询” |
[07:28] | I got that? | 有吗 |
[07:29] | You got that. | 有 |
[07:30] | Time to exercise it. | 该行使了 |
[07:33] | Go kick some ass. | 放手去干吧 |
[07:35] | Do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[07:39] | David Cord is getting behind us. | 大卫·科德支持我们 |
[07:41] | Behind? | 支持 |
[07:42] | Our new firm. | 我们的新律所 |
[07:44] | Julius, | 朱利叶斯 |
[07:45] | there is no new firm. | 没有什么新律所 |
[07:46] | I haven’t said I’m interested yet. | 我都还没说我感兴趣 |
[07:49] | You’re on the outs here, Diane. | 你在这里受排挤 戴安 |
[07:51] | David Lee is insisting that I stay. | 大卫·李坚持让我留下来 |
[07:54] | Look at that. | 看看吧 |
[07:56] | – You know what they’re doing right now? – No. | -你知道他们在干什么吗 -不知道 |
[07:58] | They’re threatening to resign unless you are replaced | 他们要挟要辞职 除非有其他人取代 |
[08:01] | as name partner. | 你冠名合伙人的位置 |
[08:03] | At a certain point, it won’t matter what David Lee says. | 有些时候 大卫·李说什么都不重要了 |
[08:07] | Your days are numbered here, Diane. | 你在这里时日无多了 戴安 |
[08:10] | Okay, let me think about it. | 好吧 我考虑考虑 |
[08:12] | You need to act. Now. | 你得马上行动 |
[08:13] | No. I need to think about it. | 不 我需要考虑一下 |
[08:18] | Ah, Mr. Cord. | 科德先生 |
[08:20] | Can you hear me? | 能听清吗 |
[08:22] | Yeah, yeah. It-It’s good news. | 对 是 有好消息 |
[08:25] | Uh, Diane and I would like to meet. | 我和戴安想跟您见面 |
[08:28] | Can you hear me? | 能听清吗 |
[08:37] | I’ll call back. | 我一会儿打给您 |
[08:40] | Did I… | 我刚才不是… |
[08:58] | Hello? Hello? | 你好 你好 |
[09:00] | Uh, someone stole my car. | 有人偷了我的车 |
[09:03] | Hi, Mr. Cain. You say someone stole your car? | 你好 凯恩先生 你说有人偷了你的车 |
[09:05] | Yes. Yeah, my-my space is gone. | 对 我的车位不见了 |
[09:08] | I mean, my car is gone. | 我是说 我的车不见了 |
[09:10] | Are you sure you didn’t park it in the wrong space? | 你确定你没停错车位吗 |
[09:12] | It happens a lot. | 这种事很常见 |
[09:13] | Yeah, but not to me! | 对 但是我不会 |
[09:14] | Did you try clicking the key? | 你按钥匙了吗 |
[09:16] | Yeah, I tried. I… | 对 我试过了 我… |
[09:17] | You have to listen for the chirp. | 你得听嘚嘚声 |
[09:19] | I listened for the chirp. | 我听嘚嘚声了 |
[09:22] | See? | 你看 |
[09:25] | You probably mis-parked it. | 你很可能停错了 |
[09:35] | Oh! Oh, no! No, no! Hey! | 不 不 等等 |
[09:37] | Oh-ho, hey! That’s my ca– that’s my car! | 等等 那是我的车 |
[09:40] | Hey! Hello! Dude, can you stop him?! | 哥们 你能拦下他吗 |
[09:42] | He’s… That’s my car! Hey! | 他… 那是我的车 |
[09:44] | Come back! | 回来 |
[09:49] | That guy just towed my car. | 那个人把我的车拖走了 |
[09:53] | That was your car? | 那是你的车 |
[09:55] | Yes, that was my car! | 对 是我的车 |
[09:57] | You need to pay your tickets. | 你得交罚款 |
[09:58] | What? | 什么 |
[11:53] | Sir? Sir? Sir. | 先生 先生 |
[11:56] | – Yes? -There was trash all around my car. | -请讲 -我的车周围都是垃圾 |
[11:58] | How was I supposed to know there was a hydrant… | 我怎么可能知道那有消防栓… |
[12:01] | My car was towed, | 我的车被拖走了 |
[12:02] | and, uh, the receipt said it was towed here. | 收据上写着被拖到了这里 |
[12:05] | Can I see your ticket? | 请出示罚单 |
[12:07] | Uh, I-I don’t have the ticket, ma’am. | 我没有罚单 女士 |
[12:10] | There-there was no ticket, | 根本没有罚单 |
[12:11] | but here’s the towing receipt. | 但是有拖车收据 |
[12:13] | I actually need the ticket so I can see you paid it. | 我需要罚单 好证明你交过罚金了 |
[12:17] | There was no way to pay it, ma’am. | 没法交罚金 女士 |
[12:19] | It-it wasn’t, uh, an official ticket. | 那不是正式罚单 |
[12:21] | I can’t release the vehicle, sir. | 我没法放行车辆 先生 |
[12:23] | You’ll have to get Parking Enforcement | 你得去停车执法机构 |
[12:25] | to reissue the ticket. | 重开罚单 |
[12:26] | Th-There was no Parking Enforcement. | 没有停车执法机构 |
[12:28] | Look. You see this? | 看 看见这个了吗 |
[12:30] | The seal? | 那个印章 |
[12:32] | I-It says “Wackner’s City of Chicago.” | 上面写着”瓦格纳的芝加哥市” |
[12:36] | That’s not a real seal. | 这不是真的印章 |
[12:41] | Okay, let me check for you. | 好 我帮你检查下 |
[12:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:44] | You got one of those, too? | 你也收到了那种罚单吗 |
[12:46] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:47] | You did, too? | 你也是吗 |
[12:48] | Parking in a purple zone. | 停在了紫色区域 |
[12:50] | Wha– Oh, my God. | 什么 天呐 |
[12:52] | This is insane. | 太疯狂了 |
[12:54] | Th-There is no such thing. | 根本没这回事 |
[12:55] | How do they get away with towing us? | 他们怎么能拖了我们的车还逍遥法外 |
[12:56] | They don’t. They can’t. | 他们不能 也不会 |
[12:59] | – They just did it. – I’m sorry, sir. | -他们只是这么干了 -不好意思 先生 |
[13:00] | You’ll have to get a reissue of the ticket | 你得从停车执法人员那里 |
[13:02] | from Parking Enforcement. | 重新拿一张罚单 |
[13:03] | Wh– This is nuts. | 什么 真是疯了 |
[13:05] | What are you gonna do? | 你要怎么办 |
[13:08] | I’m gonna go back there. I’m gonna fight this. | 我要回到那里 我要与这事抗争 |
[13:10] | They can’t get away with this. | 他们不能逍遥法外 |
[13:11] | – I’ll go, too. – Good. | -我也去 -很好 |
[13:13] | We’ll put up a united front. | 我们形成统一战线 |
[13:15] | Damn right. This is a scam. | 没错 这是个骗局 |
[13:18] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[13:22] | Where are the aces? | 尖儿在哪里 |
[13:23] | Oh, wow. Magic. | 天呐 变魔术 |
[13:25] | Where are the aces? | 尖儿在哪 |
[13:28] | Here, here, here and here. | 这里 这里 这里和这里 |
[13:30] | No. | 不是 |
[13:34] | Oh, my God. How did you do that? | 天呐 你怎么做到的 |
[13:39] | So what is it you need, David? | 你要什么 大卫 |
[13:40] | You’re happy with what we’re doing for you, right? | 你很满意我们为你提供的服务 对吧 |
[13:42] | What your firm is doing? | 你们公司的服务吗 |
[13:43] | Yes. | 对 |
[13:45] | – I am. – Good. | -是的 -很好 |
[13:47] | Then bring all your business to us. | 那就把你所有的生意都转移到我们这里 |
[13:49] | West Coast, East Coast, Europe. | 西海岸 东海岸 欧洲 |
[13:51] | You’d be surprised how much synergy | 你会意外地发现 |
[13:52] | between your legal strategies | 法律策略和金融问题 |
[13:54] | can streamline your financial issues. | 有难以想象的协同增效作用 |
[13:56] | No. | 不行 |
[13:59] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[14:00] | – Aren’t you happy with us? – Sure. | -你不是满意我们吗 -当然 |
[14:02] | – Things are going well. – Then let us memorialize | -一切都很顺利 -那就让我们 |
[14:04] | a fuller representation of your business. | 在其他生意上也做你的律师吧 |
[14:06] | David, you’re losing one of your name partners. | 大卫 你就要失去一位冠名合伙人了 |
[14:09] | Scuse me? | 你说什么 |
[14:10] | You’re losing Diane Lockhart. | 你要失去戴安·洛哈特了 |
[14:13] | I won’t go to a firm that’s breaking apart. | 我不会选择一个分崩离析的律所 |
[14:17] | We’re not… | 我们没有 |
[14:18] | I don’t know where you heard that, but it’s not true. | 我不知道你从哪听说了这点 但这不是真的 |
[14:24] | Where did you hear that? | 你从哪听说的 |
[14:25] | Where’s the queen? | 圈儿在哪 |
[14:36] | Liz, | 莉兹 |
[14:37] | we need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[14:38] | – I’m in a meeting. – That’s right. | -我在开会 -没错 |
[14:39] | With me. Now. | 跟我开会 现在就来 |
[14:46] | Diane, upstairs. | 戴安 上楼 |
[14:48] | In ten minutes. | 十分钟后 |
[14:48] | No. | 不行 |
[15:02] | In three weeks, | 三周后 |
[15:03] | the board of STR Laurie | STR劳利的董事会 |
[15:04] | is coming from London and Dubai to meet the partners and staff. | 会从伦敦和迪拜过来见合伙人和员工 |
[15:08] | They want to observe and be impressed | 他们想观察并赞叹我们 |
[15:10] | by a well-oiled machine. | 是一家运转良好的律所 |
[15:12] | That’s what I promised them. | 这是我对他们的承诺 |
[15:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:14] | But that’s not what I’m seeing. | 但这不是我看到的情况 |
[15:15] | We’re making it work, David. | 我们在努力 大卫 |
[15:16] | No, you’re not. | 不 你们没有 |
[15:21] | Are you leaving the firm? | 你要离开律所了吗 |
[15:23] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[15:24] | I was told you’re leaving the firm. | 我听说你要离开律所了 |
[15:28] | By whom? | 谁说的 |
[15:29] | – David Cord. – What the hell? | -大卫·科德 -搞什么 |
[15:31] | What’s going on, Diane? | 怎么回事 戴安 |
[15:36] | I was asked to join another firm. | 有人让我去其他律所 |
[15:38] | What firm? | 哪家律所 |
[15:40] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[15:42] | But you’re considering it. | 但你在考虑 |
[15:46] | I was told that the equity partners | 我听说权益合伙人 |
[15:48] | are threatening to resign | 威胁要辞去工作 |
[15:50] | unless I resign. | 除非我辞职 |
[15:51] | So, yes, I’m… | 所以没错 我… |
[15:54] | I’m considering any offer that I’m… | 我在考虑任何收到的 |
[15:57] | that I’m given. | 工作邀约 |
[16:01] | No one is threatening to resign without my permission. | 没有我的允许 谁也不能威胁辞职 |
[16:04] | And if you were to poach even one of our clients, | 而如果你想挖走我们任何一个客户 |
[16:06] | you wouldn’t survive the lawsuit. | 你绝对无法在法庭上胜诉 |
[16:08] | David, don’t threaten me. | 大卫 别威胁我 |
[16:09] | I’m not poaching any clients. | 我不会挖客户 |
[16:11] | Although they’d certainly be free | 但是他们自然可以 |
[16:13] | – to make whatever decision they want. – And we’re supposed | -根据自己心意做决定 -我们难道要 |
[16:15] | to believe that you wouldn’t poach clients | 相信你会乖乖地不挖客户吗 |
[16:16] | after the stunt you pulled with the teamsters? | 你之前可是对卡车司机工会的客户安排了一出大戏 |
[16:18] | Okay. | 好了 |
[16:19] | Diane, what are your issues? | 戴安 你有什么不满 |
[16:24] | I’m a name partner being squeezed out | 我是个冠名合伙人 却遭受排挤 |
[16:26] | of the decision-making process. | 无法参加决策制定 |
[16:28] | And why is that, Diane? | 这是为什么 戴安 |
[16:29] | Because of my race. | 因为我是白人 |
[16:29] | Because no one respects your decision | 因为没人认为你应该继续 |
[16:32] | to stay in your position. | 留在你现在位置上 |
[16:34] | It is not yours by right. | 这位置本来就不属于你 |
[16:36] | I fought as hard as anyone here to keep this firm solvent. | 我跟这里所有人一样尽心竭力保持律所盈利 |
[16:39] | And I didn’t inherit this firm. | 而且我没有继承这家律所 |
[16:42] | – I was invited in, and I earned… – And for that you are paid | -我是被邀请而来 而且我… -为此你也有 |
[16:44] | – a yearly bonus. You don’t own… – I was invited to the firm, | -年度奖金 你不用有… -我受邀来到这里 |
[16:46] | – and I earned my name partnership because… – …the-the respect | -我获得冠名合伙人因为… -律师的 |
[16:49] | of the associates. You have to earn it. | 尊重 你需要自己争取 |
[16:49] | …of the powerful clients | 我给律所带来了 |
[16:50] | – that I brought in. – Okay! That’s it! Stop. | -有钱有势的客户 -好了 停 别吵了 |
[16:53] | Both of you, | 你们俩 |
[16:55] | go to my desk. | 去我桌子边上 |
[16:56] | What? | 什么 |
[16:57] | I said go to my desk, | 我说去我桌子边上 |
[16:59] | both of you. | 你们俩都是 |
[17:00] | Are you gonna spank us? | 你要打我们屁股吗 |
[17:02] | Stand on both sides of my desk. | 站在我桌子的两侧 |
[17:05] | Now. | 赶紧 |
[17:09] | Is this some sort of trust exercise? | 这是什么信任练习吗 |
[17:11] | Yes. | 对 |
[17:12] | Grab both ends. | 抓住桌子两端 |
[17:13] | On three, pick it up | 数到三 搬起来 |
[17:15] | and carry it the fuck down into your office, Liz. | 然后搬下楼放进你的办公室 莉兹 |
[17:18] | Because if you don’t solve your differences | 因为如果你们不在接下去的 |
[17:19] | in the next 24 hours, | 二十四小时内解决分歧 |
[17:21] | I’m coming to live and work with you. | 我就要下楼跟你工作 |
[17:24] | And you don’t want me down there | 而且你不会希望我下去 |
[17:25] | solving your problems for you. | 替你解决问题 |
[17:27] | Do you understand? | 明白了吗 |
[17:32] | If you’re going to leave, there’s… | 如果你要离开 那… |
[17:35] | nothing to talk about. | 就没什么好说的了 |
[17:36] | Liz. | 莉兹 |
[17:38] | I don’t want to leave this firm. | 我不想离开律所 |
[17:41] | And you don’t want me to leave. | 你也不想让我离开 |
[17:43] | So why don’t we hire a partner to replace Boseman? | 所以我们何不找个合伙人来代替博斯曼呢 |
[17:50] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑一下 |
[17:51] | Okay, what do we got? | 好 什么案子 |
[17:53] | Parking violations, Your Honor. | 违章停车 法官阁下 |
[17:54] | Uh, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[17:56] | Our cars were stolen by you and this court. | 你和这个法庭偷了我们的车 |
[17:59] | – We did nothing wrong. – They were in staff parking? | -我们没做错任何事 -他们停在员工停车位了 |
[18:01] | Yes. And he tore up his ticket. | 对 而且他把罚单撕了 |
[18:02] | And then he tore up the ticket | 然后他又撕了一张 |
[18:04] | – for vandalizing the ticket. – Sir. | -毁坏公物的罚单 -先生 |
[18:05] | I’m a lawyer. | 我是律师 |
[18:07] | If you don’t give us our cars back, | 如果你不把车还给我们 |
[18:08] | our next call will be to the police, | 我们的下一个电话就是报警 |
[18:10] | for your illegal seizure. | 因为你们非法扣押 |
[18:12] | – A class 2 felony. – What if I give you a chance | -这可是二级重罪 -如果我给你个机会 |
[18:14] | to say “I’m sorry” and then I forgive your tickets? | 只要你道歉就免掉你的罚单呢 |
[18:16] | We have nothing to apologize for, sir. | 我们没什么要道歉的 先生 |
[18:19] | – We’ve done nothing wrong. – Yes! | -我们没做错任何事 -我们错了 |
[18:20] | – I’m sorry. – Uh, me, too, | -对不起 -我也是 |
[18:22] | – Your Honor. – Apologies accepted. | -法官阁下 -我接受你们的道歉 |
[18:23] | Rita, give ’em their stickers. | 丽塔 把贴纸给他们 |
[18:25] | But you don’t want to apologize, is that right, sir? | 但你不想道歉 对吗 先生 |
[18:28] | Uh, because you stole my car? No. No. | 为你偷我的车道歉吗 不 不 |
[18:30] | I-I want to go to the police. | 我想报警 |
[18:32] | And then I want an apology | 然后我想请你 |
[18:33] | – from you. – Okay. Good. | -向我道歉 -好 很好 |
[18:35] | Next case. | 下一个案子 |
[18:37] | You’re making a big mistake. | 你犯了个大错 |
[18:38] | No. All you have to do is apologize | 不 你只要道歉 |
[18:40] | and you get your car back. | 就能把你的车拿回去 |
[18:41] | I don’t think I’m the one making the mistake here. | 我觉得犯错误的人不是我 |
[18:43] | This is bullshit! | 纯属扯蛋 |
[18:44] | Maybe. Next case. | 也许吧 下一个案子 |
[18:46] | – Your Honor, I have a few other smaller parking matters. – Yeah. | -法官阁下 我还有几件停车的小事 -好 |
[18:50] | We want to add more purple spaces up the street. | 我们想在这条街上增加几个紫色车位 |
[18:52] | Oh, good. We need more reserved staff parking. | 好 我们需要更多的员工专用车位 |
[18:55] | Thank you, Rita. | 谢谢 丽塔 |
[18:56] | Have a good day. | 祝你今天过得愉快 |
[18:58] | Okay, come on up, sir. | 好 过来吧 先生 |
[19:00] | Takes hard work to get funny. | 想搞笑可不容易 |
[19:03] | Maybe you know that. | 也许你知道这点 |
[19:04] | But you haven’t done anything | 但你没有为你伤害的女性 |
[19:06] | for the women you hurt. | 做过任何事 |
[19:08] | You haven’t made amends. | 你没有赎罪 |
[19:10] | You don’t even seem remorseful. | 你甚至一点都不后悔 |
[19:12] | When I was in the IDF, I learned a lot. | 我在以色列国防军时 学到了很多 |
[19:14] | A lot about life. | 很多生活经验 |
[19:16] | But also a lot about people and how to talk to them. | 还有很多关于人性的知识和跟人套近乎的技巧 |
[19:19] | Okay. What’s his issue? | 好 什么问题 |
[19:21] | It’s not his issue. It’s mine. | 不是他的问题 是我的问题 |
[19:23] | Okay, uh, what’s your issue? | 好 你有什么问题 |
[19:25] | Your reedit. It’s all about me. | 你们重新剪辑过了 里面全是我的镜头 |
[19:27] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[19:28] | You reedited the pilot to be all about me. | 你把试播集剪辑成了关于我的节目 |
[19:30] | No, we didn’t. Loo… | 我们没有 听着… |
[19:36] | Max, step outside for a moment. | 迈克斯 出来一下 |
[19:45] | What are you doing, man? | 你在干什么 哥们 |
[19:46] | This is supposed to be Wackner’s court, | 这应该是瓦克纳的法庭 |
[19:48] | – not the court clerk. – You told me to make it better. | -而不是法庭助理的 -是你让我剪得精彩点 |
[19:52] | Yeah, man. Better in the same genre, | 对 哥们 主题不变的情况下精彩点 |
[19:53] | not a love letter to your crush. | 不是剪成给暗恋对象的情书 |
[19:53] | She’s the best thing about the show. | 她是这个节目里最精彩的部分 |
[19:54] | She’s the smartest person in that room. | 她是房间里最聪明的人 |
[19:56] | She fights for what she believes in. | 她为自己的信仰而战 |
[19:57] | She looks great on camera. | 她很上镜 |
[19:59] | That-That’s my objective opinion as an editor. | 这是我作为剪辑师的客观想法 |
[20:02] | – You need help. – You told me to make it better. | -你需要帮助 -是你让我剪得精彩点 |
[20:04] | It needed passion, direction. Now it has it. | 这节目需要激情 方向 现在它有了 |
[20:07] | She makes Wackner ten times better | 她让瓦克纳 |
[20:09] | – than he has any right to be. – Okay, | -变好了十倍 -好 |
[20:10] | Bottom line, you make Wackner the star | 底线就是你让瓦克纳做主角 |
[20:14] | or you are fired. | 否则我就炒了你 |
[20:16] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[20:25] | Okay. We are on it. | 好 我们重新剪 |
[20:28] | We, uh, | 我们之前 |
[20:30] | overadjusted, but… | 剪得太过了 不过 |
[20:32] | now we’re back on track. | 现在我们又重回正轨了 |
[20:43] | This is stupid. | 这太傻了 |
[20:44] | What am I doing? | 我在干什么 |
[20:48] | What are you looking for? | 你要找什么样的人 |
[20:50] | A good lawyer. Someone Black. | 一位好律师 黑人 |
[20:53] | Partner material. | 能当合伙人 |
[20:56] | Someone who’s friendly with me | 跟我关系不错 |
[20:57] | but not so friendly that Liz rejects him. | 但又不能好到让莉兹反感他 |
[21:00] | Or her. | 或她 |
[21:04] | Prosecutor or defense? | 控方还是辩方律师 |
[21:07] | It doesn’t matter. | 这倒无所谓 |
[21:08] | Either one. | 都行 |
[21:09] | I was always defense, | 我一直是辩方律师 |
[21:10] | but Liz came from the U.S. Attorney’s Office. | 但莉兹是联邦检察院出来的 |
[21:15] | So, prosecutor? | 所以是控方律师 |
[21:18] | Mm. But someone who wants to work here. | 而且是想在这里工作的人 |
[21:21] | And it-it needs to be a name. | 还得有点名声 |
[21:23] | Go for a woman. | 找个女人 |
[21:24] | Romney’s binders of women. | 罗姆尼的活页夹里的女人 |
[21:29] | We were too hard on him, weren’t we? | 我们当时对他太苛刻了 对吗 |
[21:31] | Yes, we were. | 是的 |
[21:33] | God, the latest partisan fight always takes precedent. | 天呐 我们最近总是以党派斗争为优先 |
[21:39] | But not with you. | 但你不是 |
[21:41] | You were friends with Scalia forever. | 你跟斯卡利亚永远是朋友 |
[21:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:45] | I liked him. | 我喜欢他 |
[21:47] | So is that who I want, | 我也想找这样的人 |
[21:49] | someone I disagree with on most things but… | 我们在很多事上意见不统一 |
[21:54] | whom I like? | 但我却喜欢的人 |
[21:55] | That’s something that only you would know. | 这事只有你知道 |
[21:58] | But I need someone who Liz will think that I don’t want, | 我需要的人是莉兹觉得我不想要的 |
[22:01] | so then she will want her. | 这样她就会想要她 |
[22:04] | You know who I’m thinking of? | 你知道我想到谁了吗 |
[22:06] | I do. Because that’s why I thought of you. | 我知道 因为这就是我想到你的原因 |
[22:09] | She was your law clerk, wasn’t she? | 她曾是你的法律助理 对吗 |
[22:11] | Yes, for five years. | 对 她给我当了五年法律助理 |
[22:13] | – Allegra Durado. – Allegra Durado. | -艾蕾格拉·杜拉多 -艾蕾格拉·杜拉多 |
[22:15] | How do you know her? | 你怎么会认识她 |
[22:16] | Emily’s list. | 埃米莉的名单 |
[22:18] | I saw her at events. I knew her well enough to say hello. | 我在活动中见过她 不过只是点头之交 |
[22:22] | Ah. What is she doing now? | 她现在在干什么 |
[22:23] | I don’t know. She left me to write a book. | 我不知道 她因为写书而离开了我 |
[22:25] | Some enormous tome on truth. | 某本关于真理的巨著 |
[22:28] | Is she still mentally… acute? | 她还是那么思维敏捷吗 |
[22:30] | I heard she had a meltdown. | 我听说她崩溃过 |
[22:31] | Oh, really? I… I believe that’s hearsay | 是吗 我觉得那只是 |
[22:34] | promulgated by her ex-husband. | 她前夫散播的谣言 |
[22:37] | He has since been committed. | 他已经进精神病院了 |
[22:41] | Why don’t you call her? | 你何不给她打个电话 |
[22:47] | God, I miss you. | 天呐 我好想你 |
[22:49] | I’m not gone. | 我在这儿啊 |
[23:12] | Hi. | 你好 |
[23:13] | I was here earlier about my court being towed. | 我之前因为我的法庭被拖走的事来过 |
[23:16] | – Your court? – Sorry. | -你的法庭 -抱歉 |
[23:17] | My car. | 是我的车 |
[23:19] | Here’s the receipt. | 这是收据 |
[23:21] | Oh, yeah. | 好 |
[23:23] | Gimme a sec. | 稍等一下 |
[23:25] | Mr. Cain? | 凯恩先生 |
[23:27] | – Yes? – I’m Officer Harp, and this is Ardor. | -我是 -我是哈普警官 这位是阿杜尔 |
[23:29] | Based on observing the stolen | 鉴于你手中 |
[23:31] | parking fee receipt booklet in your hand, | 被盗的停车费收据册 |
[23:33] | we got probable cause under the Fourth Amendment | 根据第四修正案 我们有理由 |
[23:35] | – to determine that a crime was committed. – Wait, wait, wait. | -确认你涉嫌一项违法行为 -等下 等下 等下 |
[23:36] | You got to be kidding. | 你一定是在开玩笑 |
[23:37] | We’re taking you into custody now. | 我们现在要将你收押 |
[23:38] | – You’re coming with us. – This is insane. | -请跟我们走 -太荒谬了 |
[23:39] | – Wait. – No, sir. | -等等 -不行 先生 |
[23:40] | – Please just put your hands behind your back. – No, no, no, no. | -请双手背在背后 -不 不 不 |
[23:42] | It’s a fake court. | 这是个山寨法庭 |
[23:43] | They took my car. | 他们拖走了我的车 |
[23:44] | None of it is real! | 这全都不是真实的 |
[23:46] | – As real as Officer McFinley’s death? – What-what… | -和麦克芬利警官的死一样不真实吗 -什么… |
[23:48] | what did you just say? | 你刚说什么 |
[23:48] | Put your hands behind your back, sir. | 双手背在背后 先生 |
[23:50] | She just said “Officer McFinley.” | 她刚才说的是”麦克芬利警官” |
[23:51] | Is that what this is about? | 你们抓我是为了这件事 |
[23:52] | This is about you stealing $2,000 worth of court merchandise. | 我们抓你是因为你偷走了价值两千美元的法庭商品 |
[23:55] | Just enough to make it a class 3 felony. | 足够判三级重罪了 |
[23:58] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[24:24] | Diane Lockhart. | 戴安·洛哈特 |
[24:25] | Hey. Allegra. | 你好 艾蕾格拉 |
[24:29] | This is like stepping into your mind. | 我就像走进了你的思想领域 |
[24:32] | No. My mind is more… | 不 我的思想领域更… |
[24:39] | Okay, this could be a short conversation. | 好吧 这次可能只能粗浅地聊下了 |
[24:41] | I didn’t know you were at a law firm. | 我不知道你已经在律所工作了 |
[24:44] | Oh. No, I’m not. They just let me use their empty offices. | 不 没有 他们只是把空办公室借给我用 |
[24:47] | Or the first regime did. | 可能是第一任管理层 |
[24:48] | I don’t know if this current regime even knows I’m here. | 我都不知道现在的管理层是不是知道我在这 |
[24:53] | Why short? | 为什么粗浅 |
[24:56] | Excuse me? You said “short conversation.” | 什么 -你说”粗浅地聊下” |
[24:59] | H-Hold on. | 等等 |
[25:01] | – Is this all for your book? – I think so. | -这些都是为了你的书吗 -是的吧 |
[25:04] | Um, I’m not sure. | 我也不确定 |
[25:06] | It’s still finding itself. | 书的内容还没想好 |
[25:08] | Sometimes it’s a book about Civil War justice. | 有时是关于内战正义的书 |
[25:10] | Other times, it’s a book about the nature and history of truth. | 其它时候 这是本关于真理的本质和历史的书 |
[25:15] | Well… that’s ambitious. | 野心不小 |
[25:17] | So, this is, uh, going to be an odd start, | 这样说作为开场可能有点奇怪 |
[25:20] | but… Ruth Ginsburg has been appearing to me. | 但是… 露丝·金斯伯格一直出现在我面前 |
[25:24] | And she mentioned your name. | 她提到了你 |
[25:30] | Really? | 是吗 |
[25:32] | Yes. Really. | 真的 |
[25:34] | Well, you’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[25:36] | It’s an odd way to start. | 这样开场确实有点奇怪 |
[25:39] | Messy! | 凌乱 |
[25:42] | M-Messy? | 凌乱 |
[25:43] | When I said, “No, my mind is more…” | 我刚才不是说”不 我的思想领域更…” |
[25:45] | – “Messy.” – Oh. Right. | -是更凌乱 -这样 |
[25:47] | I hated leaving that unresolved. | 我不喜欢话只说一半 |
[25:49] | So wh-why did Ruth mention me? | 所以露丝为什么要提到我 |
[25:52] | Well, I’m a partner at Reddick/ Lockhart. | 我是雷&洛律所的合伙人 |
[25:55] | We’re looking for a third partner, | 我们想找第三位合伙人 |
[25:57] | someone with legendary status, | 一个具有传奇地位的人 |
[25:59] | like yourself. | 像你这样的 |
[26:00] | I haven’t worked at a firm in years. | 我有好多年都没在律所工作了 |
[26:02] | Work at a firm? You started a firm. | 在律所工作 你创建了一家律所 |
[26:04] | Well, I haven’t run a firm in years. | 我有好些年都没管理过一家律所了 |
[26:06] | Well, then come and work with us. | 那就加入我们 |
[26:14] | It just feels a little too safe, | 感觉有点太保守了 |
[26:15] | like we’re pulling our punches. | 就好像我们在收拳 |
[26:17] | Well, it’s the cases that he picks. | 是因为他选择的案子 |
[26:18] | I mean, it’s three people with parking tickets. | 三个人拿着违停罚单的人 |
[26:20] | Suing the potato chip company. | 起诉薯片公司 |
[26:25] | Remember that moment when Wackner yelled at me? | 还记得瓦克纳吼我的那个时候吗 |
[26:26] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[26:27] | I wanted to… go punch him. | 我真想给他一拳 |
[26:29] | I was like, “Don’t make Marissa cry.” | 我心想 “别把梅丽莎惹哭了” |
[26:32] | I didn’t cry. | 我没哭 |
[26:34] | I-I can edit it so you are crying, if you want. | 我可以剪辑成你在哭 如果你愿意的话 |
[26:39] | Are you questioning my integrity? | 你是在质疑我的公正吗 |
[26:45] | In another century, they would burn people | 在别的世纪 他们会烧死 |
[26:47] | who can do what you do. | 会做你这样事的人 |
[26:48] | You’re funnier in person. | 你本人更幽默 |
[26:51] | I’m a lot of things in person. | 我本人的优点多着呢 |
[26:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:56] | Let’s see the footage. | 看看原片吧 |
[26:57] | How much time do you have? | 你还有多少时间 |
[26:58] | They need it streamed to Vegas in an hour. | 一小时后他们要我传到拉斯维加斯那边 |
[27:00] | Are you questioning my integrity? | 你是在质疑我的公正吗 |
[27:02] | – I’m asking if you prejudged… – No! | -我是想问你有没有预判… -不 |
[27:05] | You will answer my question before you ask me yours. | 你问我问题之前得先回答我的问题 |
[27:13] | Been told not to use it. | 他们说不要用这段 |
[27:14] | Really? I like it. It’s drama. | 不是吧 我喜欢这段 很有戏剧冲突 |
[27:20] | You will answer my question before you ask me y… | 你问我问题之前得先回答… |
[27:24] | If you’ve already d… | 如果你已经… |
[27:27] | Mr. Cain, good to have you back. | 凯恩先生 很高兴你又回来了 |
[27:29] | Okay. If I stole something– | 好吧 即便我偷了什么 |
[27:31] | and I’m not admitting that I did– | 我不是在承认我偷了 |
[27:32] | why am I here in this court? | 为什么我会在这个法庭上 |
[27:34] | This fake court. | 这个山寨法庭 |
[27:36] | If it was a real charge, I should be taken to Grand and Central. | 如果这是真实的控告 我应该被带到中央大法庭上 |
[27:38] | Danny Trumpet for the defense, Your Honor. | 被告方律师丹尼·川普特 法官阁下 |
[27:40] | We ask for immediate release on his own recognizance. | 我们要求他在缴纳保释金后立即释放 |
[27:43] | Danny, you’re still wearing your devil horns. | 丹尼 你的恶魔角还在头上 |
[27:46] | Oh. Apologies, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[27:48] | I was, uh, Devil’s Advocate in the last case. | 上个案子我是专门抬杠的那个人 |
[27:50] | – What the hell’s going on? – Let me argue for you, sir. | -搞什么 -让我来为你辩护 先生 |
[27:52] | A lawyer is a fool for his own client. | 傻子律师才为自己辩护 |
[27:53] | That’s not even how that goes! | 这句话根本不是这么说的 |
[27:53] | has a fool for a client.” | 原句是”A man who is his own lawyer 一句英语谚语 意思为”傻子才自己为自己辩护” |
[27:54] | Your Honor, this is why the prosecution requests denial of bail. | 法官阁下 所以检方要求拒绝保释 |
[27:59] | – Mr. Cord? – Julius Cain has a prior bribery charge, | -科德先生 -朱利叶斯之前被控贿赂 |
[28:02] | so we believe that he is a flight risk. | 我们认为他有潜逃风险 |
[28:05] | Okay, I want to get taken to Grand and Central right now. | 行了 我现在就想去中央大法庭 |
[28:07] | Your Honor, Mr. Cain was pardoned for that bribery charge, | 法官阁下 凯恩先生的贿赂罪名已被赦免 |
[28:10] | and it was stricken from his record. | 并从他的记录上删除了 |
[28:11] | Only due to a payoff to the Trump administration. | 仅仅是因为他买通了特朗普政府 |
[28:15] | What? No! | 什么 不是 |
[28:16] | No, I never paid anyone off! | 不是 我从没有买通过什么人 |
[28:17] | Let me argue for you, please! | 请让我来替你辩护 |
[28:19] | Your Honor, this is an outrage. | 法官阁下 这样说太过分了 |
[28:21] | An outrage. Look at this man. | 太过分了 看看这个人 |
[28:23] | He has done nothing wrong. | 他没有做错任何事 |
[28:24] | The stolen ticket book was found on his person. | 失窃的票据簿是在他身上找到的 |
[28:27] | Which is the whole point of a trial! | 庭审的重点就在这了 |
[28:29] | But let me tell you a story about this man. | 不过让我来给你讲述一下这个人 |
[28:32] | A man who grew up poor and alone. | 他自幼贫困而孤独 |
[28:34] | – Son of a janitor. – What are you talking about? | -清洁工之子 -你在说什么 |
[28:36] | His only friends– | 他唯一的朋友 |
[28:37] | the comic books he kept always by his side. | 就是他随身携带的漫画书 |
[28:40] | Phil, This Is Us-like music. | 菲尔 《我们的生活》那种音乐 |
[28:44] | And that’s how he got into the law. | 这就是他立志立足法律界的原因 |
[28:46] | He would create stories with the characters from the comic books. | 这样他就能用漫画书中的人物创作故事 |
[28:49] | What would happen with the Human Torch | 如果霹雳火被控伤人 |
[28:51] | if he was accused of assault? | 他会有何种结局 |
[28:53] | And that brings us to today. | 所以今天再来看这个案子 |
[28:54] | Julius Cain has too much respect for the law | 朱利叶斯·凯恩对法律满怀敬畏之情 |
[28:57] | to commit these crimes. | 怎么可能犯下如此罪行 |
[28:58] | How could the defender of the Human Torch | 这位霹雳火的辩护人 |
[29:02] | do what these officers say he done? | 怎么可能做出这些警官所述的那种事 |
[29:04] | And how could he be imprisoned for a mere parking ticket? | 他怎么会单单因为一张停车罚单就被捕呢 |
[29:07] | No. Your Honor, if he had paid the parking ticket, | 不 法官阁下 要是他已经付了停车罚款 |
[29:10] | that would be one thing. | 那问题性质当然不同 |
[29:11] | But he kept destroying property. | 但他当时不断撕毁罚单 |
[29:13] | He kept expressing his disdain for this court. | 他还一直在表达对本法庭的蔑视 |
[29:16] | And then he stole this court’s property. | 然后他偷走了法庭的东西 |
[29:18] | – Then prove it at trial. – No, I’ll do better. | -那就在庭审上证明吧 -不 我会做得更好 |
[29:20] | Ask him, Your Honor. Could you stop with that, please? | 法官阁下 请问问他 能麻烦你别弹了吗 |
[29:24] | Your Honor, if Julius is released on his own recognizance, | 法官阁下 如果朱利叶斯在他本人担保下释放 |
[29:27] | will he return to this court for his trial date? | 他是否能如期返回参加庭审 |
[29:29] | That is an unfair question. | 这个问题太不公平了 |
[29:30] | Why is that unfair? | 这有什么不公平的 |
[29:32] | That’s the whole point of a trial hearing. | 这正是庭审听证的意义所在 |
[29:34] | Julius has too much respect for the rule of law | 朱利叶斯对法律准则怀有崇高的敬意 |
[29:39] | to deign to even answer such a question. | 这种敬意不允许他回答这种问题 |
[29:42] | It’s a worthy question. | 这个问题问得很好 |
[29:44] | Mr. Cain, | 凯恩先生 |
[29:45] | if I release you, | 如果我释放了你 |
[29:47] | will you return for your trial? | 你是否会回来参加庭审呢 |
[29:49] | Say yes. Say yes, say yes, say yes. | 说是的 说是的 是的 是的 |
[29:52] | Uh… Your Honor… | 法官阁下 |
[29:53] | Sir… | 先生 |
[29:56] | …these officers brought me here today in retaliation | 这两位警官今天把我带来 |
[29:58] | for the death of an officer who was murdered | 是为了替我们之前起诉的案子中 |
[30:00] | after we sued the city. | 被杀的警官报仇 |
[30:02] | This-this court is being used! | 这个法庭被利用了 |
[30:04] | And you are being used! | 你也被他们利用了 |
[30:06] | You’re not planning on returning for trial, are you? | 你压根不打算回来参加庭审 对吧 |
[30:08] | Uh-uh. That’s not what he said. | 他可没那么说 |
[30:12] | Are you, sir? | 你会回来吗 先生 |
[30:15] | Uh, are you fuckin’ nuts?! | 你们都疯了吗 |
[30:17] | This is a joke! | 这就是个笑话 |
[30:18] | This isn’t a court! | 这压根不是法庭 |
[30:19] | This-this is a police attack on our firm! | 这 这就是警察对我们律所的报复 |
[30:23] | On me! | 对我的报复 |
[30:24] | Bail denied. Arrestee will be remanded until trial. | 拒绝保释 将被捕者还押候审 |
[30:27] | W-W-W-Wait, wait! | 等等 等一下 |
[30:33] | Isn’t the whole point of this court to have a speedy trial? | 这个法庭存在的意义不就是能够进行快速审理吗 |
[30:37] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[30:38] | All right then. | 那好吧 |
[30:39] | I want a speedy trial. | 我想要快速审理 |
[30:41] | I’m ready to go right now. | 我已经准备好了 |
[30:44] | Uh, but I’m not… | 可我还没 |
[30:45] | I don’t need you. | 我不需要你 |
[30:48] | I’m ready to go. | 我已经准备好了 |
[30:49] | Prosecution’s ready. | 检方也准备好了 |
[30:52] | Can you control yourself? | 你能控制好你自己吗 |
[30:56] | No! Goddamn it. You will answer my question | 没有 该死的 你问我问题之前 |
[31:00] | before you ask me yours. | 得先回答我的问题 |
[31:01] | If you’ve already decided how this case will end, Your Honor, | 如果你已经做出了对这件案子的裁决 法官阁下 |
[31:05] | if we’re here to give Del the ending that he wants | 如果我们在这是为了给戴尔一个结尾 |
[31:07] | for his TV show, then yes, | 让他的电视节目更好看 那么是的 |
[31:09] | I am questioning your integrity. | 我确实在质疑你的公正 |
[31:13] | The women who have trusted this court | 相信这个法庭的那些女人 |
[31:14] | deserve representation. | 应该拥有辩护律师 |
[31:24] | Hello. Ms. Durado? | 你好 杜拉多女士 |
[31:26] | Yes. Ms. Reddick? | 是的 雷迪克女士 |
[31:28] | Yes. Is that a comic book? | 我是 你在看漫画书吗 |
[31:30] | It is? | 是吧 |
[31:32] | – Do you enjoy comic books? – No. | -你喜欢看漫画书吗 -不喜欢 |
[31:36] | There’s a maze on the back. I was doing the maze. | 后面有迷宫 我喜欢走迷宫 |
[31:40] | – Do you want to come back? – Yes. | -你想进去聊聊吗 -好的 |
[31:43] | Thanks for seeing me. | 谢谢你能见我 |
[31:44] | I know this is weird, but… | 我知道这有点奇怪 但 |
[31:46] | I’m trying to drag my brain out of the book I’m writing | 我想把自己从正在写的那本书里抽离出来 |
[31:49] | and get back to some practical law. Ah. | 重新回归到法律实践中去 |
[31:51] | So I’m meeting with some top partners, | 所以我见了一些顶级的合伙人 |
[31:53] | and someone suggested you. | 然后有人向我推荐了你 |
[31:55] | Well, I am honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[31:59] | What are you looking for? | 你想要什么 |
[32:00] | A position, I guess. | 我估计在找一个职位吧 |
[32:02] | This is nice. | 这办公室太棒了 |
[32:04] | Great corner. | 非常棒的转角位置 |
[32:05] | – Northwestern sun. – Yeah. | -西北角度的阳光 -是啊 |
[32:08] | Is that Willis Tower? | 那是威利斯大厦吗 |
[32:09] | Uh, no. No, it’s over there. | 不是 它在那边 |
[32:12] | Oh. Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[32:14] | So, I guess I’m looking to run a firm. | 所以我想去管理一家律所 |
[32:17] | What are your suggestions? | 你有什么好的建议吗 |
[32:25] | Did Diane Lockhart reach out to you? | 戴安·洛哈特联系过你吗 |
[32:27] | She did. | 是的 |
[32:28] | She suggested you come in here and talk about a position | 她建议你来 跟我聊职位的事 |
[32:32] | so that I would offer you the partnership here | 这样我就能向你提供合伙人的位置 |
[32:35] | and think it was my idea? | 还觉得是自己的主意 |
[32:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:39] | Diane thinks that you will side with her | 戴安觉得你会在合伙人决议中 |
[32:42] | in partnership decisions instead of me? | 站在她那一边而不是我这边 |
[32:44] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[32:46] | And what if I hire you? | 那如果我雇佣了你 |
[32:48] | Will you do that? | 你会那么做吗 |
[32:49] | No. | 不会 |
[32:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:52] | I’m not a political person. | 我不是一个玩弄政治的人 |
[32:53] | When people convince me, I side with them. | 如果有人能够说服我 那我就会站在他们那边 |
[32:56] | That’s why I clerked for Scalia and Ginsburg. | 这也是我为斯卡利亚和金斯伯格工作的原因 |
[33:00] | Will you tell Diane about this conversation? | 你会把这次谈话告诉戴安吗 |
[33:03] | Only if she asks. | 如果她问我的话 |
[33:23] | Well, damn. Look at you. | 天哪 看看你 |
[33:24] | Aw, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:26] | How’d Max do? | 迈克斯怎么样 |
[33:28] | Uh… good. I think. | 我觉得 挺好的 |
[33:31] | The cut is out. | 剪辑好的视频已经发了 |
[33:33] | What’s going on here? | 这里是什么情况 |
[33:34] | What are the cops doing? | 这些警察来这做什么 |
[33:35] | Bringing the drama. | 带来戏剧冲突 |
[33:36] | Lots of it, too. | 很多很多冲突 |
[33:37] | What drama? | 什么冲突 |
[33:38] | Parking ticket turned felony 3 theft. | 停车罚单变成偷窃的三级重罪 |
[33:40] | You’re kidding. That sounds cool. | 开玩笑吧 这也太酷了 |
[33:47] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[33:51] | Julius, what are you doing? | 朱利叶斯 你在干什么 |
[33:54] | Questioning my life and sanity. | 怀疑人生和理智 |
[33:56] | – Are you the felony 3? – Ma’am, we need you to step back. | -你就是那个三级重罪 -女士 请你退后 |
[33:59] | Fuck you. I’m the court clerk. You step back. | 去你的 我是法庭助理 你们退后 |
[34:02] | Call the office. | 打给办公室 |
[34:04] | Tell ’em I have to cancel my afternoon appointments. | 告诉他们下午的预约帮我都取消了吧 |
[34:06] | Maybe for the next three years if I’m jailed | 如果我被关在你们的糖果岛监狱 |
[34:08] | – in your Candy Land prison. – Oh, my God. | -也许未来三年的都得取消了 -天哪 |
[34:14] | What are you doing prosecuting Julius Cain? | 你起诉朱利叶斯·凯恩是要干什么 |
[34:16] | What am I doing? My job. | 干什么 干我的工作 |
[34:18] | But he’s from our firm. | 可是他是我们律所的人 |
[34:20] | – So? – So it’s bullshit! Let him go! | -所以呢 -所以这太扯了 放他走 |
[34:23] | No. You’re the one who accused me | 不行 你可是因为我给了戴尔 |
[34:25] | of bending justice to give Del that happy ending | 他想要的圆满大结局就质疑过我 |
[34:27] | – he was looking for. – This is different. | -有违公正的人 -那不一样 |
[34:29] | – How? – Because he’s-he’s… | -怎么不一样 -因为他 他 |
[34:32] | from your law firm. | 是你们律所的人 |
[34:34] | More the reason not to bend the rules for him. | 那就更不能为了他破坏规则了 |
[34:35] | Oh, my God! When did you become… | 天哪 你什么时候变成了 |
[34:38] | some person you’ve become? | 你变成的这种人 |
[34:46] | Diane, I need you to come down to Wackner’s court right now. | 戴安 你得马上来瓦克纳的法庭一趟 |
[34:48] | Julius is being prosecuted. | 朱利叶斯被起诉了 |
[34:52] | For what? | 为什么 |
[35:00] | Ah. The cavalry has arrived. | 骑兵队来了 |
[35:03] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[35:04] | I’m about to be sent to prison for parking in a purple zone. | 我将要因为在紫区停车而被送进监狱了 |
[35:07] | – What does that mean? – If I explained it to you, | -那是什么意思 -如果我解释 |
[35:09] | it wouldn’t make any more sense. | 这事也不会变得有道理的 |
[35:11] | You seeing the…? | 你留意到… |
[35:14] | Oh, yes. | 嗯 |
[35:15] | It’s payback. | 是报复 |
[35:16] | Should we call the police? | 我们要报警吗 |
[35:18] | The real ones? | 真的警察 |
[35:18] | Those are the real ones. | 那些就是真的警察 |
[35:20] | What about the S.A.’s office? | 州检察官办公室呢 |
[35:22] | They’re not our friends. | 他们不是我们的朋友 |
[35:23] | I can’t imagine that they’re happy about make-believe court. | 我觉得他们对这个虚构的法庭不会有什么好感 |
[35:26] | Yeah, well, if it fucks with us, then they might be. | 如果这个法庭和我们对着干 他们也许会开心 |
[35:29] | Good news. We just did another Vegas test | 好消息 我们刚用重新剪辑的版本 |
[35:31] | with the new edit. | 做了观众测试 |
[35:32] | – Can’t wait. – Look. | -迫不及待了 -看 |
[35:34] | That is where you blew up. | 这是你爆红的地方 |
[35:36] | – When did I blow up? – Don’t get upset. | -哪里最受欢迎 -别生气 |
[35:38] | And, look, I didn’t approve of this, | 我没有授权让剪辑师这么做 |
[35:39] | but our editor dropped in the explosion | 但是他把梅丽莎指控你为了帮我得到私利 |
[35:42] | where Marissa accused you of using the court | 而利用这个法庭的部分 |
[35:44] | to further my personal interest. | 加进了剪辑里 |
[35:46] | – What? – They want you to explode. | -什么 -他们想看你情绪爆发 |
[35:48] | They want to see you-you care about something. | 他们想看见你关心事情 |
[35:51] | They want to see cases that matter. | 他们想看有意义的案件 |
[35:53] | Look, I’ll be honest with you. | 我跟你实话实话 |
[35:55] | We haven’t had 95% on anything. | 我们从没有过95%以上的支持率 |
[35:58] | Not on any reality show. | 哪个真人秀都没做到过 |
[35:59] | Okay? But that’s what you have. | 但你做到了 |
[36:01] | Hal, you’re a hit. They love you. | 哈尔 你是个红人 他们爱你 |
[36:05] | I just want my court to keep going. | 我只是想让法庭继续下去 |
[36:07] | Okay. You keep doing this, | 行 你继续这么做 |
[36:10] | you keep doing cases just like this | 继续审这样的案子 |
[36:12] | and we’ll keep your court going. | 我们就能把你的法庭继续下去 |
[36:15] | Julius Cain, | 朱利叶斯·凯恩 |
[36:18] | you have been charged with misusing parking privileges | 你被指控不当使用停车特权 |
[36:22] | and with stealing court property. | 以及盗窃法庭财产 |
[36:24] | Of course, that means nothing to you, | 当然你毫不在意 |
[36:25] | because you do not respect this court, | 因为你对本庭没有丝毫尊重 |
[36:27] | something I take personally. | 我个人有感觉被冒犯 |
[36:29] | Especially coming from a former judge convicted of bribery. | 更别提你是一个被定罪受贿的前任法官 |
[36:34] | – Mr. Wackner… – No. | -瓦克纳先生 -不 |
[36:36] | You and your colleagues think | 你和你的同事们认为 |
[36:38] | you get to decide when and how | 你们可以决定 |
[36:42] | justice is determined. | 正义在何时 以何法得到伸张 |
[36:44] | You think it is your right | 你们认为你们有权 |
[36:45] | to make and break the rules as you see fit. | 随意歪曲利用规则 |
[36:48] | Mr. Wackner, | 瓦克纳先生 |
[36:49] | you’re being unfair. | 你这么说不公平 |
[36:50] | You do not own the law, Mr. Cain. | 法律不是你的财产 凯恩先生 |
[36:53] | The law does not belong to you | 法律不属于你 |
[36:56] | or your law firm. | 或者你的律所 |
[36:58] | The law belongs to the people. | 法律属于人民 |
[37:00] | Damn right! That’s right. | 说得对 太对了 |
[37:02] | USA! | 美利坚 |
[37:03] | USA! USA! | 美利坚 美利坚 |
[37:06] | USA! USA! | 美利坚 |
[37:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:12] | How odd to be back in the saddle. | 重操旧业的感觉真奇怪啊 |
[37:14] | I can’t wait to get to know you. | 我等不及要好好认识你们了 |
[37:16] | And us you. | 我们也是 |
[37:16] | Your reputation precedes you. | 你的名声在外 |
[37:19] | I hope that’s a good thing. | 我希望是好的名声 |
[37:21] | Look who’s relieved. | 看谁松了一口气 |
[37:23] | Yeah. Anyway, I’ll be needing | 不管怎么说 我需要 |
[37:24] | – a lot of help from you all. – It’s taken the heat off her. | -各位的通力协助 -她终于不是众矢之的了 |
[37:26] | And from… | 来自… |
[37:27] | Not sure what I was going to say there. | 不知道我刚想说什么 |
[37:29] | But it doesn’t matter. I’m here | 但不重要了 我在这里 |
[37:31] | and I’m rarin’ to go. | 准备好了 |
[37:35] | Hello. | 你好 |
[37:36] | Hello, Mr. Wackner. | 你好 瓦克纳先生 |
[37:38] | Oh, that sounds cold. | 好冷淡啊 |
[37:41] | Am I gonna be scolded? | 我要被骂了吗 |
[37:42] | No. | 不是 |
[37:45] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[37:49] | – How did I earn that? – You didn’t. | -我怎么赚了那么多钱 -不是赚的 |
[37:51] | It’s what’s left of your retainer. | 这是你律师费余下的部分 |
[37:53] | We’re returning it. | 我们还给你 |
[37:54] | I hardly need pro bono representation at this point. | 我不需要你们无偿帮我啊 |
[37:58] | We are withdrawing from representing you. | 我们决定不再做你的律师 |
[38:01] | We feel we have, uh, irreconcilable differences. | 我们之间有不可调和的矛盾 |
[38:04] | There are a lot of lawyers in Chicago. | 芝加哥有很多律师 |
[38:06] | Here’s a list of two dozen who are excellent | 这份表上列有二十几个出色的 |
[38:08] | and would be willing to represent you. | 且愿意代理你的人 |
[38:12] | No, no, no. | 我不要 |
[38:13] | Yes, yes, yes. | 就这样 |
[38:15] | I trust you. | 我信任你们 |
[38:17] | You’ve been paid. | 你们有报酬 |
[38:19] | You’ve received privileged information. | 你们有我的保密信息 |
[38:20] | We’re bound by attorney-client privilege no matter what, | 我们怎样都是受到律师与当事人的保密协定约束的 |
[38:23] | and we will pass your files on to any of these lawyers. | 我们会把你的资料转交给新的律师 |
[38:26] | No. | 不 |
[38:27] | But thank you. | 不过谢了 |
[38:28] | You prosecuted one of our lawyers over a parking ticket. | 你因为一张停车罚单而起诉我们的律师 |
[38:32] | Your lawyer was released today with time served. | 你们的律师被判已服刑完毕 当庭释放了啊 |
[38:36] | Compassionate release. | 保外就医 |
[38:37] | It doesn’t matter. We are withdrawing our representation. | 这不重要 我们不再代理你了 |
[38:39] | You have no choice in the matter. | 由不得你选择 |
[38:40] | Yes, I do. | 我有选择 |
[38:42] | I’ve been studying the law. | 我最近在学法律 |
[38:43] | I get to choose my attorney. I choose you. | 我可以选择我的律师 我选择你们 |
[38:45] | – Lawyers are allowed to withdraw. – No. | -律师可以撤回代理的决定 -不行 |
[38:48] | And, anyway, you’ve been | 再怎么说 |
[38:49] | actively seeking David Cord’s full representation. | 你们一直想拿到大卫·科德生意的全盘代理权 |
[38:52] | What’ll he think when you guys | 如果知道你们想甩掉我的话 |
[38:53] | try to drop me? I like you guys. | 他会怎么想 我喜欢你们 |
[38:57] | I don’t want to lose you. | 我不想失去你们 |
[38:59] | Or Marissa. | 或者梅丽莎 |
[39:01] | No hard feelings about today. | 今天的事情别放在心上 |
[39:02] | It happens. | 总会发生的 |
[39:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:08] | Oh, by the way, | 顺便一提 |
[39:10] | they picked up my pilot. | 我节目的首播集被预定了 |
[39:12] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[39:24] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[39:28] | *I fought the law and I won* | *我与法斗争 我赢得胜利* |
[39:30] | *I fought the law and I won* | *我与法斗争 我赢得胜利* |
[39:37] | *Gonna write my book and make a million* | *书写我的篇章 成为百万富翁* |
[39:41] | *I fought the law and I won* | *我与法斗争 我赢得胜利* |
[39:43] | *I am the law so I…* | *我是法律的化身 所以我* |
[39:48] | *Won.* | *会赢得胜利* |