时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:26] | “Throughout his life–“ | 他的一生中 |
[00:27] | No. “Throughout his career, | 不 他的职业生涯中 |
[00:30] | “Frank Landau brought Illinois Democrats together. | 弗兰克·朗度将伊利诺伊的民主党人团结在一起 |
[00:34] | “During the Bush years, the rise of extremism. | 走过布什的年代 极端主义盛行的年代 |
[00:36] | And now he’s brought us together one last time.” | 现在 我们最后一次团聚在他这里 |
[00:42] | Was that a grimace? | 你那是在皱眉吗 |
[00:44] | No. | 不是 |
[00:46] | It looked like you winced. | 你看起来很痛苦的样子 |
[00:48] | No. A tear in my eye. | 没有 只是有滴眼泪 |
[00:52] | You really didn’t have to do this. | 你真的没必要过来 |
[00:54] | I’m home for two weeks, I’m going to spend it with my wife. | 我回家就两周 我要和老婆一起过 |
[00:59] | I will find you a drink just as soon as we get there. | 我们一到 我就给你找酒喝 |
[01:02] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[01:03] | I’m not going to say a word. | 我一句话都不会说 |
[01:05] | Keep going. | 你继续吧 |
[01:07] | “On issues like Roe v. Wade and…” | 在一些事件中 比如罗诉韦德案 |
[01:11] | “The NRA, | 全国步枪协会 |
[01:13] | Frank always had his heart in the right place.” | 弗兰克的心总朝着正确的方向 |
[01:17] | “Frank…” | 弗兰克 |
[01:21] | 莱尔·贝登古 我有明天《特里斯坦与伊索尔德》的票 想去吗 | |
[01:29] | Who was that? | 那是谁 |
[01:31] | Nothing. Just a client. | 没什么,一个客户而已 |
[01:39] | Please make a u-turn when safe. | 请在安全的情况下掉头 |
[01:41] | He still hasn’t called? Neil Gross? | 尼尔·格罗斯他还没打电话过来吗 |
[01:43] | No. | 没有 |
[01:44] | – Do we know where he is? – We think Fiji. | -知道他在哪儿吗 -斐济吧 |
[01:46] | But he should’ve been back last Thursday. | 但他上周四就该回来了 |
[01:48] | Do we think he’s found another law firm? | 他是找了另一家律所了吗 |
[01:50] | Please make a u-turn when safe. | 请在安全的情况下掉头 |
[01:52] | Well, Chumhum has no outstanding litigation, | 查查网没有未解决的诉讼 |
[01:55] | so my guess is he’s playing the field. | 所以我猜他在试水 |
[01:57] | He’ll be at the memorial, right? | 他会出席追悼会 对吧 |
[01:59] | Frank Landau’s widow invited him. | 弗兰克·朗度的遗孀邀请了他 |
[02:00] | All right, so, let’s just corner him and make our last pitch. | 好的 那我们就在葬礼堵他 最后推销一下自己 |
[02:04] | Please make a U-turn… | 请掉头 |
[02:05] | No, I won’t! You fucking think | 不我不掉头 你这鬼玩意儿觉得 |
[02:06] | I’m in fucking Baltimore. | 我在巴尔的摩 |
[02:08] | My God. | 我的天 |
[02:09] | You have arrived. Please park where safe. | 您已到达目的地 请在安全处停车 |
[02:21] | What if we left? | 我们走了如何 |
[02:23] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[02:24] | I mean, I made an appearance. | 我已经出席了 |
[02:25] | People saw me. | 有人看到我了 |
[02:26] | Well, we haven’t even gone inside. | 但我们还没进去 |
[02:28] | I know, but I can… | 我知道 但我 |
[02:29] | I can feel the judgment from out here. | 我在外面都能感觉到别人对我有意见 |
[02:31] | Why would they judge you? | 他们为什么对你有意见 |
[02:33] | I’m a Gold. | 我是戈德家的人 |
[02:34] | And Frank Landau’s family didn’t invite my dad. | 弗兰克·朗度的家庭没有邀请我爸 |
[02:36] | They probably blame me. | 他们大概怪我 |
[02:38] | Blame you because an anti-Semite wants to murder a Jew? | 因为一个想杀犹太人的反犹份子而怪你吗 |
[02:41] | Who said it had to make sense? | 谁说指责人还要讲道理了 |
[02:46] | Wait a minute, stand over there. | 等等 你站那儿去 |
[02:49] | – Why? – Zev, just do it. | -为什么 -泽夫你去就是了 |
[03:00] | – Oh, my God. – What? | -我的天 -怎么了 |
[03:04] | It’s not me. | 他们不是在看我 |
[03:05] | Come on, take my arm. | 来 挽着我吧 |
[03:15] | Who was that? | 那是谁 |
[03:16] | – Marissa. – No, the guy. | -梅丽莎 -不 那个男的 |
[03:19] | I don’t know. Her boyfriend? | 我不知道 她男朋友吗 |
[03:23] | So, is he here? | 所以他来了吗 |
[03:25] | Neil Gross? | 尼尔·格罗斯吗 |
[03:26] | No, not yet. His second-in-command is. | 不还没来 他的二把手来了 |
[03:29] | Todd. | 托德 |
[03:30] | There are two other firms on the hunt. | 还有两家律所也在找他们 |
[03:32] | Colvin & Marcy. | 科&玛律所 |
[03:33] | Oh, I know them. Smaller. | 我知道他们 小律所 |
[03:34] | And Russell Carton & Associates. | 还有罗素·卡顿律所 |
[03:36] | – Oh, that’s a good one. – Anything else? | -那可是个好律所 -还有吗 |
[03:37] | Gross is buying up land in Puerto Rico. | 格罗斯在波多黎各买地 |
[03:40] | – Why? – No idea. | -为什么 -不知道 |
[03:41] | Okay, all right, so, when we see him, | 好的 那么我们任何人看到他的话 |
[03:43] | let’s just all text each other. Okay? | 就给大家发短信 好吗 |
[03:45] | How long do we have to stay? | 我们得待多久 |
[03:47] | Memorial’s not your thing? | 不喜欢追悼会吗 |
[03:48] | Small talk is not my thing. | 我是不喜欢闲聊 |
[03:52] | Want me to rescue your boyfriend? | 想让我救救你男朋友吗 |
[03:54] | He’s not my boyfriend. | 他不是我男朋友 |
[03:54] | – He’s my Krav Maga Instructor. – Sure. | -他是我以色列格斗术教练 -行吧 |
[03:57] | Hey, Zev? Your fiancée wants to have a word. | 泽夫 你未婚妻想和你说个话 |
[04:03] | Were you getting lonely, dear? | 你寂寞了吗 亲爱的 |
[04:05] | She wanted a drink. | 她想要点喝的 |
[04:06] | You really come alive at memorials, huh? | 你在追悼会上可来劲了对吧 |
[04:08] | It’s when I’m happiest. | 我在这种时候最开心了 |
[04:10] | I’m grabbing a drink. Want anything? | 我要去拿点喝的 你要什么吗 |
[04:12] | An Old Fashioned. | 经典调酒 |
[04:13] | Tell me if you see Ben-Baruch. | 看到本·巴鲁克的话告诉我一声 |
[04:14] | He’s coming here? | 他要过来吗 |
[04:15] | A long story. | 这就话长了 |
[04:19] | So we’re getting married, huh? | 所以我们要结婚了吗 |
[04:21] | In Carmen’s mind. She’s particularly melodramatic today. | 在卡门梦里吧 她今天戏很多 |
[04:27] | No drinks? | 没喝的吗 |
[04:29] | Then you have a few minutes. | 那你现在有空 |
[04:30] | For what? | 什么 |
[04:35] | Jay, what are we doing? | 杰 我们要做什么 |
[04:36] | You don’t have to do this, but there are people who need us. | 你不一定要加入 但有人需要我们 |
[04:38] | What are we talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[04:40] | Something bigger than all this. | 一些更重要的事情 |
[04:42] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[04:44] | A way to help our community. | 一个帮助我们社群的办法 |
[04:46] | Jay, I’m not you. You want to better the world. | 杰 我不是你 你想要让世界变得更好 |
[04:48] | I want to better my life. | 我只是想让我的生活变好一些 |
[04:52] | They have money. | 他们有钱 |
[04:56] | It’s not just that we want Puerto Rico’s law school | 我们不止想让波多黎各的法学院 |
[04:58] | to have national stature, we also want students | 提高国际地位 我们还想让 |
[05:00] | and faculty engaged in the community… | 法学生和教职员工加入到社群中来 |
[05:02] | Look, nothing’s been decided yet. | 是这样的 我们什么也没决定 |
[05:05] | We’re still considering you. | 我们依然在考虑你们 |
[05:06] | Do you know when Neil is arriving? | 你知道尼尔什么时候来吗 |
[05:08] | Unfortunately, he’s been called away to Beijing. | 很抱歉 他被叫到北京去了 |
[05:11] | We’ll arrange a call. | 我们会安排你们通话的 |
[05:18] | Fuck. | 我靠 |
[05:19] | Do you find swearing helps? | 你觉得骂人有用吗 |
[05:21] | All the fuckin’ time. | 超他妈有用 |
[05:23] | We need to get him on the phone. | 我们得和他通话 |
[05:24] | I’ve been trying. He won’t pick up. | 我一直在打 他不接 |
[05:26] | How many will we lose if we lose Chumhum? | 如果失去查查网的话 我们会损失多少钱 |
[05:29] | Half of tech. 30 clients. | 一半搞科技的 30个客户 |
[05:31] | More. | 不止 |
[05:31] | We’re about to begin. Please move into the Great Room. | 我们要开始了 请到大厅来 |
[05:38] | I know my rights. You have no idea… | 我知道我有什么权利 你清不清楚 |
[05:42] | I want my lawyer. I know my rights and I want my lawyer! | 我要律师 我知道我的权利 我要律师 |
[05:45] | Stand up. Back against the door. | 站起来 背对门 |
[05:47] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[05:48] | Fine. You don’t want your call. | 也行 你不想打电话 |
[05:50] | Wait, wait, wait. Get back here. | 等等 等等 给我回来 |
[05:53] | Hands. Show me hands. | 手放在我看得见的地方 |
[05:57] | How am I gonna make my call with no hands, huh? | 我不能用手的话要怎么打电话 |
[06:11] | I know my rights. You’re not holding my receiver for me. | 我知道我的权利 你不能帮我拿听筒 |
[06:13] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Shut up. | 对对对 闭嘴 |
[06:15] | You have no fucking idea who you’re dealing with. | 你根本不知道你在和谁打交道 |
[06:28] | Attorney/client privilege. | 律师与当事人保密协定 |
[06:30] | Back the fuck off! | 给我退后面去 |
[06:54] | Good job. | 干得好 |
[06:58] | 收费电话拨号中 正在追踪 | |
[07:08] | 高度匹配 斯&伯律所 | |
[07:16] | Stanley, Berkeley & Associates. | 斯&伯律所 |
[07:18] | Mid-level firm. | 中等大小的律所 |
[07:19] | Five partners. Mostly criminal defense. | 五个合伙人 主要做刑事辩护 |
[07:21] | In The Loop. White shoe. | 在卢普区 藤校精英公司 |
[07:23] | What she said. | 就是她说的那样 |
[07:28] | Stanley, Berkeley & Associates. How may I help you? | 斯&伯律所 请问您有何需要 |
[07:30] | John Lincoln. Right away. | 找约翰·林肯 很急 |
[07:32] | May I tell him what this is regarding? | 麻烦请问您找他有什么事呢 |
[07:34] | No, you may not. Just tell him it’s Buck, squad eight. | 你问什么问 告诉他是八队的巴克就行 |
[07:38] | One moment. | 请稍后 |
[07:39] | You’re a new-hire. John Lincoln is at lunch. | 你是新人 约翰·林肯在吃午饭 |
[07:43] | He asked you to just handle the prep for the bond hearing | 他让你在他回来之前 负责处理 |
[07:45] | before he gets there. | 保释听证会的事 |
[07:46] | But if he’s a white supremacist, | 但如果他是白人至上主义者 |
[07:47] | is he gonna want to work with someone Black? | 他会和黑人合作吗 |
[07:49] | – No. – So…? | -不会 -那么 |
[07:51] | It’s up to you. | 这得看你了 |
[07:53] | Not yet. You gotta make him sweat. | 等等 你得让他急一急 |
[07:57] | Your name is Carmen Alden. Say it. | 你的名字是卡门·阿尔顿 念一下 |
[07:59] | – I’m Carmen Alden. – And you’re a bit harried. | -我是卡门·阿尔顿 -你有点不耐烦 |
[08:01] | John keeps shoving too many cases at you. | 约翰没完没了地把案子丢给你 |
[08:03] | You’re eating a salad in the conference room | 你在会议室和其他律师一起 |
[08:05] | with other associates. | 吃沙拉 |
[08:06] | This is what it looks like. | 会议室是这个样子的 |
[08:07] | I know. I interviewed there. | 我知道 我去那面试过 |
[08:09] | They didn’t want me. | 他们不想要我 |
[08:10] | Good. Use your memory of it. | 很好 利用你的这段记忆 |
[08:12] | You’re out the door to meet him now. | 你现在走出门要去见他了 |
[08:14] | Walk as you talk. Okay? | 边走边说 好吗 |
[08:17] | This is Carmen Alden. Who is this please? | 我是卡门·阿尔顿 哪位 |
[08:20] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[08:21] | Mr. Lincoln’s associate. | 林肯先生手下律师 |
[08:22] | He’s at lunch, but he asked me to prep for your bond hearing. | 他在吃午饭 他让我准备你的听证会 |
[08:25] | No, I don’t know you, lady. | 不 我不认识你 女士 |
[08:26] | That’s okay. Mr. Lincoln briefed me on your needs. | 没关系 林肯先生把你的需求都跟我说了 |
[08:29] | This is bullshit. He’s supposed to be available. | 胡扯 他应该亲自来的 |
[08:31] | And he will be. | 他会的 |
[08:32] | But Mr. Lincoln knows that if we don’t jump | 但是林肯先生知道 |
[08:34] | on this right now, the police will be thrilled | 如果我们现在不行动 警方那边会 |
[08:36] | to keep you there over the weekend. | 很高兴关着你过周末 |
[08:38] | You unfortunately chose on Friday to get arrested. | 很不幸你选择了周五被抓 |
[08:40] | Get me someone else there. I wanna talk to somebody else. | 给我找别人 我要跟其他律师谈 |
[08:43] | Look, I don’t have time for this. | 听好 我没时间胡闹 |
[08:44] | Okay? I have other cases. Call again on Monday. | 我有其他案子 周一再打来吧 |
[08:47] | No, no, wait, wait. | 不 不 等等 |
[08:48] | I need out today. | 我需要今天出去 |
[08:49] | Understood. I’m 20 minutes away. | 明白了 我20分钟之后到 |
[08:51] | If you get any harassment, | 如果有人骚扰你 |
[08:53] | tell the guard on duty that “John has your number.” | 告诉值班的警卫”约翰记得你的警号” |
[08:55] | Now sit tight. And don’t tell anybody anything. | 现在坐好 不要告诉任何人任何事 |
[08:58] | Do you understand? | 明白吗 |
[09:02] | – Okay. – I believed you. | -不错 -我都信你了 |
[09:04] | – What’s your size? – My size? | -你多大尺码 -尺码 |
[09:06] | Clothes. Your size? | 衣服 你穿多大的 |
[09:08] | – Six. – We need you in work attire. | -六码 -我们需要给你弄套工作装 |
[09:10] | No. Let’s play it like I was going to a funeral. | 不 就当我本来要去葬礼就好 |
[09:13] | I think work attire would be better… | 我觉得工作装会好一些 |
[09:14] | Actually, she’s right. Let’s stick closer to the truth. | 其实 她说得对 我们应该贴近事实 |
[09:16] | Okay, we’ve got 20 minutes to prep you. Let’s go. | 好 我们有20分钟时间给你准备 走吧 |
[09:32] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[09:34] | If you don’t recognize me… | 如果大家不认得我 |
[09:37] | Uh, hello? | 喂 |
[09:40] | Good afternoon. If you don’t recognize me, | 下午好 如果大家不认得我 |
[09:43] | I’m the new head of the DNC, I’m Johnny Elfman. | 我是民主党委员会新主席 我叫强尼·艾弗曼 |
[09:46] | And this is how the midterms are going for me, so far. | 目前为止中期选举给予我的就是这个 |
[09:50] | Some stairs. In Georgia. I fell down the stairs. | 楼梯 我在乔治亚州摔了个跟头 |
[09:53] | Time has not been very good to the Democratic Party. | 老天爷不太眷顾民主党 |
[09:57] | The Supreme Court. Republican obstructionism. | 最高法院 共和党蓄意阻挠 |
[10:00] | School shootings. | 校园枪击案 |
[10:01] | There are more children killed every year | 每年死于癌症的孩子数量 |
[10:03] | from firearms than cancer, and the NRA still doesn’t care. | 远没有死于枪支的多 可步枪协会还是不在乎 |
[10:08] | And now here we are, gathered today over the loss | 结果就是 今天我们团聚在此 |
[10:11] | of Frank Landau, a man who truly cared– | 缅怀弗莱克·兰度 一个真正在乎过 |
[10:18] | A man who truly cared. | 一个真正在乎过的人 |
[10:21] | We’ll be hearing from friends— | 我们来听听他的朋友们 |
[10:26] | We’ll be hearing from friends and admirers of Frank. | 我们来听听他的朋友和仰慕者的悼词 |
[10:29] | So, please, wipe away those tears, | 所以 请擦干眼泪 |
[10:32] | and let’s remember what Frank always told us… | 铭记弗兰克曾经告诉我们的… |
[10:35] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[10:37] | A client. | 一个客户 |
[10:39] | I recognize him from Tel Aviv. | 我在特拉维夫见过他 |
[10:40] | – He’s a criminal. – Okay. | -他是罪犯 -别闹 |
[10:42] | Let’s not get too confrontational, hubby. | 别剑拔弩张的 亲爱的 |
[10:45] | After graduating from Yale, I struggled | 从耶鲁毕业之后 |
[10:47] | with nepotism and small-mindedness. | 我受困于裙带关系 固执己见 |
[10:50] | And I’ll never forget the words that Frank offered me: | 我永远不会忘记弗兰克告诉我的 |
[10:53] | “You can beat anyone if you put your mind to it.” | “只要你够专注 你能打败任何人” |
[10:56] | And that’s all I needed to become the top lawyer in D.C. | 我就是凭借这句话成为了华盛顿顶尖律师 |
[11:00] | And one of the 30 most eligible bachelors | 还是在华盛顿特区40岁以下 |
[11:03] | under 40 in the D.C. Area, | 钻石王老五前30名 |
[11:04] | according to Law Lifemagazine. | 这是《法律生活》杂志统计的 |
[11:06] | Frank used to say to me, “Dan, I know that you, | 弗兰克曾经跟我说”丹 我知道 |
[11:10] | Daniel Grey, are the future of this party.” | 你丹尼尔·格瑞 是这个党派的未来” |
[11:13] | That was Frank. He had that kind of vision. | 这就是弗兰克 他预见过未来 |
[11:17] | The best way to talk about Frank is to talk | 缅怀弗兰克最好的方式 |
[11:19] | about myself and the successes we had at the AFL-CIO. | 就是说说我自己 以及总工会的成功 |
[11:24] | When Frank chose me to lead those negotiations, | 当弗兰克选择我主导当时的谈判 |
[11:26] | he knew he chose a leader. | 他就知道他选了一个领导者 |
[11:29] | And frankly, no pun intended, | 坦诚地说 不带任何双关 |
[11:31] | lead, I did. | 我主导了 |
[11:36] | In our breaking headline story this hour, | 这个时段的突发头条新闻 |
[11:38] | reporting live from Washington, D.C. | 请看来自华盛顿的现场报道 |
[11:41] | Although information is not yet available, | 尽管官方信息尚未公开 |
[11:43] | in a second apparent leak, | 根据第二个来源的爆料 |
[11:45] | the concertive majority of the supreme court | 保守派人数占优的最高法院投票决定 |
[11:47] | decided to overturn gay marriage. | 推翻同性婚姻的裁决 |
[11:50] | In what appears to be an initial draft decision, | 在一份初稿中 |
[11:53] | the Court assets that gay marriage | 法院认为同性婚姻 |
[11:54] | 最高法院 突发新闻 同性婚姻遭推翻 | |
[11:55] | does not enjoy privacy protection. | 不享受隐私保护 |
[11:58] | Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 |
[11:59] | We have been unable to confirm | 我们尚无法确认 |
[12:00] | this leaked document’s authenticity, but the… | 该份泄露文件的权威性 但是… |
[12:03] | We’re opening early. | 我们提前开放了 |
[12:05] | Even though this court’s earlier ruling | 尽管本法院早些时间声明 |
[12:07] | on abortion concluded it would have no impact | 对堕胎权的裁决认定不会影响 |
[12:10] | on gay marriage, we changed our minds. | 同性婚姻 然而我们改变主意了 |
[12:13] | The draft opinion cited Creetin Spencer, | 该草案引用了11世纪 |
[12:15] | an 11th century Thessaloniki judge who wrote: | 塞萨洛尼基法官科瑞汀·斯宾塞的话 |
[12:19] | “Smote me not thy heed, sleepeth not with thy brethren.” | “若汝与兄弟同床 即可不假思索地给予重击” |
[12:23] | After the Supreme Court’s decision | 自最高法院决定 |
[12:24] | to reverse Roe v. Wade… | 改判罗伊诉韦德案… |
[12:26] | There’s not enough whiskey in the world. | 世间的威士忌远远不够 |
[12:28] | …to offer a preview | 预示了 |
[12:29] | of the Court’s potential rulings | 法院可能裁决的结果 |
[12:31] | suggesting the right-winged controlled Court | 暗示由右翼掌控的最高法院 |
[12:33] | may return to the issues of contraception access | 可能会回到提供避孕方式问题 |
[12:36] | and marriage equality. | 和婚姻平等方面上 |
[12:39] | This one hurts. | 他的离去很让人痛苦 |
[12:42] | – -Taken from us too young, | 过早地离开了我们 |
[12:44] | he hadn’t even turned 70 yet. | 他连70岁都不到 |
[12:48] | I believe in the future of the Democratic Party… | 我相信民主党的未来 |
[12:51] | Please remember to turn off your phones. | 请不要忘记关掉手机 |
[12:55] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[12:57] | Gay marriage. | 同性婚姻 |
[12:58] | I believe in tomorrow. | 我相信未来 |
[13:00] | I believe we’re coming back. | 我相信我们会回来的 |
[13:05] | And now for our final speaker. | 接下来有请最后一位致辞 |
[13:07] | A friend who worked with Frank for two decades. | 与弗兰克共事了20年的朋友 |
[13:11] | Ms. Diane Lockhart. | 戴安·洛哈特女士 |
[13:15] | Diane Lockhart. | 戴安·洛哈特 |
[13:19] | She’s here? | 她在吗 |
[13:21] | Diane. Your speech. Come on. | 戴安 悼词 快来 |
[13:29] | Okay? | 没事吧 |
[13:31] | Peachy. | 很好 |
[13:47] | Well. | 好吧 |
[13:50] | Hello. Here we all are. | 大家好 大家都在 |
[13:52] | Every Democrat that tried to do something. | 每一个努力过的民主党人 |
[13:56] | We came to bury Frank Landau, not to praise him. | 我们是来安葬弗兰克·朗度的 不是赞扬他的 |
[14:00] | And it looks like we’re gonna bury | 现在看上去像是 |
[14:02] | the Democratic Party instead. | 我们要把民主党给埋了 |
[14:04] | Because let’s face it, folks. | 因为 我们大家还是面对现实吧 |
[14:07] | We’re fucked. | 我们完蛋了 |
[14:13] | Thank you for sharing. | 感谢分享 |
[14:15] | If we could all bow our heads. | 请大家低头 |
[14:27] | Here’s to democracy and your life’s work. | 敬民主和你毕生的事业 |
[14:33] | I like your speech. | 我喜欢你的悼词 |
[14:38] | What? | 什么 |
[14:39] | I saw your speach. I liked it. | 我看了你致辞 我很喜欢 |
[14:43] | – All 30 words? – 40. | -30词全都喜欢吗 -40词 |
[14:46] | I tend to count words in my mind. I’m not proud of it. | 我习惯默数字数 我也很尴尬 |
[14:50] | I thought you weren’t coming, Mr. Gross. | 我以为你不会来 格罗斯先生 |
[14:52] | I wasn’t. But I had a dream last night. | 本来是的 但是我昨晚做了个梦 |
[14:55] | About what? | 梦到了什么 |
[14:55] | It was about the end of the world. | 世界末日 |
[14:59] | It’s hard to make money at the end of the world. | 在世界末日很难赚钱 |
[15:02] | Maybe you could sell seat cushions. | 也许你可以卖坐垫 |
[15:07] | That’s what I always liked about you, Diane. | 我一直很喜欢你这点 戴安 |
[15:09] | You said exactly what you thought to me. | 你把你的想法直言不讳地告诉我 |
[15:11] | Well, I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[15:15] | What would you do about it? | 你会怎么做 |
[15:17] | About my going home? | 怎么回家吗 |
[15:18] | No, the end of the Democratic Party? | 不 民主党的末日 |
[15:20] | You’re fucked, so now what? | 你完蛋了 那现在怎么办 |
[15:22] | I so don’t give a shit anymore. | 我完全不在乎了 |
[15:24] | Yeah, you do. Thatt’s why it bothers you. | 你在乎 所以你才为此困扰 |
[15:27] | Burn it all the fuck down and start over. | 让它彻底毁灭重新开始吧 |
[15:30] | I can’t think of any other way. | 我想不到其他办法了 |
[15:34] | You mean square one? | 你是说回到起点 |
[15:35] | Yeah. We have to rethink everything. | 对 我们必须重新考虑一切 |
[15:36] | Why didn’t we create a Federalist society | 我们为什么没有创建80年代那样的 |
[15:38] | back in the ’80s? | 联邦主义者协会 |
[15:39] | Why didn’t we groom our own judges? | 我们为什么没有培养我们自己的法官 |
[15:42] | Why don’t we go on the attack when a judicial seat opens up? | 我们为什么不在法官席位空出来时积极争取 |
[15:46] | Why didn’t we get rid of the Electoral College | 我们为什么没有取消总统选举团和 |
[15:48] | and this fucking filibuster? | 这帮该死的阻挠议事员呢 |
[15:50] | We’re the majority, and yet the minority rules. | 支持我们的人数占优 但却是少数派说了算 |
[15:53] | -Really? -Keep going. | -真的吗 -接着说 |
[15:55] | The superdelegates, they either have to go away | 那些超级代表 他们要么走人 |
[15:57] | or fall in line behind a candidate | 要么排在90岁以下的 |
[15:59] | that’s not 90 years old. | 候选人之后 |
[16:01] | And we have got to invest in younger candidates | 我们必须扶持更年轻的候选人 |
[16:04] | who have the energy and the passion to rebuild, to reinvigorate, | 他们有精力和热情来重建 复兴 |
[16:08] | and to actually rebrand the… | 并真正地重塑… |
[16:11] | No, stop– God, stop me. | 不 闭嘴 上帝 快阻止我 |
[16:14] | – Shoot me. – Why? Why? | -一枪打死我吧 -为什么 |
[16:16] | Oh, it’s a habit. It’s a tick. | 这是种习惯 一个念头 |
[16:20] | Feeling hopeful, and then imagining some | 感觉充满希望 然后会想象一些 |
[16:22] | – optimistic scenario. – Hell, let’s do it. | -乐观的场景 -天哪 我们行动吧 |
[16:28] | What does that mean, “do it”? | 你说行动是什么意思 |
[16:29] | It means all your ideas, everything you just said, | 意思是你的所有想法 你刚才说的一切 |
[16:31] | let’s do it. | 我们一起实现吧 |
[16:33] | Do it how? | 怎么实现 |
[16:36] | No, I’m going home with my NRA husband, | 不行 我要跟我步枪协会的丈夫一起回家了 |
[16:40] | and hydrating so that I don’t have a hangover tomorrow. | 补充点水分 免得明天宿醉 |
[16:44] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[16:46] | Diane, do you know what I’m worth? | 戴安 你知道我的身价有多少吗 |
[16:50] | My guess is a lot. | 我猜很多 |
[16:51] | $680 billion. | 6800亿美元 |
[16:56] | Unlike my billionaire brethren, | 我跟我那些亿万富翁兄弟们不一样 |
[16:58] | I have not bought rockets, or Twitter, or Mars, or Lanai. | 我不买火箭 推特 火星或拉奈岛 |
[17:04] | I am looking around for how I can | 我在想如何用我的钱来 |
[17:06] | help the world with my money. | 帮助这个世界 |
[17:09] | Okay. And how do you plan to do that? | 好 那你打算怎么做 |
[17:15] | I want to buy the Democratic Party. | 我想买下民主党 |
[18:57] | This is the white supremacist group, the Michigan Army. | 这就是那个白人至上主义团体 密歇根军队 |
[18:59] | They’re strategically provoking a race war in Chicago. | 他们战略性地在芝加哥挑起了种族战争 |
[19:02] | They fired the shots at our firm. | 他们朝我们的律所开过枪 |
[19:03] | This is the man you’re going to meet. Buck Burns. | 这就是你要见的人 巴克·伯恩斯 |
[19:06] | He was on his way to the historically Black college campus | 他当时正在去历史悠久的黑人大学 |
[19:09] | of Wilson Clayman with a fertilizer bomb. | 威尔森·克雷曼学院的路上 带着化肥炸弹 |
[19:13] | – What do you need? – Names. Any operations. | -你们需要什么 -名字 任何操作 |
[19:15] | The smallest piece of information helps. | 最不起眼的信息也会有帮助 |
[19:17] | Our intelligence is like a mosaic. | 我们的情报就像一块马赛克 |
[19:19] | It would help if you could be more specific. | 如果你能说得具体点就好了 |
[19:21] | – We really don’t… – Who put that bomb together? | -我们真的不… -那个炸弹是谁组装的 |
[19:25] | And what happens when you’re done with him? | 你们问完话后会拿他怎么办 |
[19:28] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[19:29] | Are you killing him? | 你们会杀了他吗 |
[19:32] | No. But we’ll keep him out of circulation. | 不会 但我们会让他远离公众视线 |
[19:35] | How do you do that? | 怎么远离 |
[19:37] | With great dexterity. | 有很多办法 |
[19:39] | He will be well fed. | 我们会让他吃好喝好 |
[19:40] | He will be given meaningful work. | 给他一份有意义的工作 |
[19:42] | Access to worthy books. | 有价值的书籍 |
[19:43] | And a social scene that encourages a more fruitful path. | 还有把他的生活变得更充实的社交圈 |
[19:46] | We’re not killers, Carmen. | 我们不是杀手 卡门 |
[19:48] | We’re the good guys. We’re the defense. | 我们是好人 我们是自我防卫 |
[19:51] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[19:53] | We’ll be watching, but if you feel yourself | 我们会看着你 但如果你觉得 |
[19:55] | in danger just say, “I gotta call the office.” | 自己有危险 就说”我要给公司打电话” |
[19:57] | – Understand? – Yes. | -明白吗 -明白 |
[19:59] | Your cell phone. | 你的手机 |
[20:00] | – What? – Give me your phone. | -什么 -把你的手机给我 |
[20:04] | – Oh, damn. – What? | -该死 -怎么了 |
[20:06] | Ben-Baruch. Give me one minute. | 本·巴鲁克 等我一会 |
[20:09] | Be quick. | 快点 |
[20:11] | Where are you? Have you abandoned me here? | 你在哪里 你丢下我走了吗 |
[20:14] | I had to rush out. And now I have to ask a favor. | 我有急事要出去 我想请你帮我个忙 |
[20:16] | Where did you rush to? | 你去哪里了 |
[20:19] | Everybody’s flirting with my plus-one, | 人人都在跟我的男伴调情 |
[20:20] | even though they think he’s my fiancé. | 虽然他们觉得他是我的未婚夫 |
[20:22] | Thank you for that, by the way. | 顺带一说 真是多亏了你 |
[20:23] | I don’t have much time, Marissa. | 我没时间多说 梅丽莎 |
[20:25] | I forgot, I was supposed to meet Ben-Baruch | 我忘了 我本来约了本·巴鲁克 |
[20:27] | at the memorial to introduce him around. | 在追悼会把他介绍给周围的人 |
[20:29] | Now you want me to? | 你想让我把他介绍给大家 |
[20:30] | Please. Do you see him? | 求你了 你看到他了吗 |
[20:32] | No. But I did earlier. What does he want? | 没有 但我之前见过他 他想干什么 |
[20:34] | I don’t know. I think political influence. | 不知道 想增加政治影响吧 |
[20:36] | Just apologize for me. I had to rush off. | 帮我向他道个歉 我有急事要走 |
[20:39] | Okay, but you owe me. | 好 但你欠我人情 |
[20:40] | Oh, yeah. Make it something good. | 对 别搞砸了 |
[20:48] | – Ready? – Yes. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[20:53] | And remember, he’s a dangerous man. | 记住 他是个危险的人 |
[20:57] | So be wary. | 小心点 |
[20:59] | Wary but calm? | 小心冷静吗 |
[21:04] | Why do you need a lawyer at all? | 你们为什么要找个律师 |
[21:06] | If it’s a fake police station, why not a fake lawyer? | 如果这是个假警局 为什么不找个假律师 |
[21:09] | The real is always better, don’t you think? | 真律师总是更好 不是吗 |
[21:11] | Then why not your lawyer? Him. | 那为什么不用你们的律师 他 |
[21:15] | Mr. Elkin has been targeted by the Michigan Army. | 埃尔金先生已经被密歇根军队盯上了 |
[21:17] | They have a photo of him. | 他们有他的照片 |
[21:18] | And you too, Jay. | 你也是 杰 |
[21:21] | Just get us the information we need. | 只要拿到我们需要的信息就行 |
[21:23] | That’s the best way to stop them. | 这是阻止他们的最佳方法 |
[21:46] | But you can’t just buy the Democratic Party. | 但你不能直接把民主党买下来 |
[21:49] | Oh, sure I can. | 我当然可以 |
[21:50] | They-they want a savior, I want the country to work. | 他们想要个救世主 我想让国家正常运转 |
[21:53] | And it’s not just the money to me. | 这对我来说不仅是钱的问题 |
[21:55] | The country needs to survive for my money to mean anything. | 国家要生存下去 我的钱才有意义 |
[21:58] | And the country will only survive if there is balance. | 国家只有在平衡的状态下才能生存 |
[22:02] | So, just think of me as a counterpart | 所以 你就当我像 |
[22:04] | to Rupert Murdoch. | 鲁伯特·默多克 |
[22:05] | Neil, we live in a polluted body politic | 尼尔 我们生活在一个被污染的国家 |
[22:07] | where facts don’t matter anymore. | 事实在这里已经不重要了 |
[22:09] | You’d have to cut through all the lies on Facebook. | 你必须揭穿脸书上的所有谎言 |
[22:12] | No. I’ll just buy it. | 不 我只要买下它 |
[22:14] | – Buy what? – Facebook. | -买什么 -脸书 |
[22:16] | Mark is tired of the headaches. | 马克已经受够了这个头疼的玩意 |
[22:17] | He might put it in play. | 他可能会卖了它 |
[22:20] | Look at all those fireflies. | 看看那些萤火虫 |
[22:22] | Aren’t they beautiful? | 不美吗 |
[22:26] | I guess I just don’t understand what you’re thinking. | 我想我只是不明白你在想什么 |
[22:28] | I mean, what are your actual policies? | 我是说 你的实际策略是什么 |
[22:31] | Well, why don’t you tell me what I’m thinking. | 那你来说说我在想什么 |
[22:33] | I just heard you up here in front of the Democrats | 我刚听到你在上面对民主党人说 |
[22:36] | saying that what they were doing was fucked. | 他们所做的一切糟透了 |
[22:39] | Well, I agree. So, what should they do? | 我同意 那他们应该做什么 |
[22:42] | You just said to me out there, | 你刚刚在外面跟我说 |
[22:43] | why not burn down the Democratic Party and start over? | 为什么不把民主党摧毁重建 |
[22:47] | Well, here I am! | 于是我来了 |
[22:48] | Mr. Moneybags to make it happen. | 我就是实现这一切的金主 |
[22:51] | I don’t want to dig a tunnel under L.A. | 我不想在洛杉矶下面挖隧道 |
[22:53] | I want democracy to work. | 我想让民主正常运转 |
[22:56] | So, let’s do it. | 所以 我们行动吧 |
[23:00] | 高等法院关于同性恋婚姻的决定 突发新闻 红色州将彻底取缔同性恋婚姻 | |
[23:00] | Legal experts believe that 11 states | 法律专家认为有11个州将 |
[23:03] | will outlaw gay marriage outright | 彻底取缔同性恋婚姻 |
[23:05] | and 14 others will require some kind of union certificate | 而其他14个州将需要法官授予的 |
[23:08] | granted by a judge. | 结婚证书才能结婚 |
[23:10] | Said certificates will require meetings with probationary | 必须与试婚观察员面谈才能取得上述证书 |
[23:12] | marital observers to establish the stability of the union. | 以确保婚姻的稳定性 |
[23:18] | They don’t care about killing children out of the womb. | 他们对杀死已出生的孩子毫不在意 |
[23:21] | Who the hell needs an AR-15 these days? | 这年头谁还需要AR-15步枪 |
[23:23] | When did Republicans go from crazy to evil? | 共和党人何时从疯子变成了恶魔 |
[23:28] | A beer please. | 来杯啤酒 |
[23:31] | I know you, don’t I? | 我认识你 对吗 |
[23:35] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 你应该不认识我 |
[23:36] | The NRA protest. | 那次步枪协会抗议 |
[23:37] | We chained ourselves to the doors. | 我们把自己锁在门上了 |
[23:40] | No, no, I don’t think that was me. | 不 不 那应该不是我 |
[23:43] | You were so nice. | 你当时太好了 |
[23:44] | You kept me from getting pepper-sprayed. | 你保护我不被胡椒喷剂喷到 |
[23:45] | This is the man I told you about. | 这就是我跟你说过的那个人 |
[23:47] | At the “March For Our Lives.” He kept the police off me. | “为我们的生活游行”那次 他帮我逃脱了警察 |
[23:50] | How did you get inside the building? | 你当时是怎么进到那栋楼里的 |
[23:51] | Did you break in with the earlier group? | 是跟前面的团体一起闯进去的吗 |
[23:54] | No. I was heading out to lunch. | 不 我是正好出去吃午饭 |
[23:56] | Headed out? What do you mean? | 出去 什么意思 |
[23:58] | I work with the NRA. Thanks. | 我在步枪协会工作 谢谢 |
[24:01] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[24:06] | Is that Jay? | 是杰的电话吗 |
[24:07] | No, it’s Diane. She’s back in the Great Room | 不 是戴安 她在后面的大厅 |
[24:10] | talking with Neil Gross. | 跟尼尔·格罗斯在聊 |
[24:12] | Good talking or bad talking? | 好消息还是坏消息 |
[24:14] | Good. | 好消息 |
[24:15] | He wants us to help him | 他希望我们帮助他 |
[24:16] | buy the Democratic Party. | 买下民主党 |
[24:21] | Mr. Baruch? | 巴鲁克先生 |
[24:23] | Hi, I’m Marissa Gold, Carmen’s associate. | 你好 我是梅丽莎·戈德 卡门的同事 |
[24:25] | She got called away. So, she asked me to help you. | 她被叫走了 所以她要我来帮助你 |
[24:28] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[24:29] | – What’s your name? – Where’s Carmen? | -怎么称呼 -卡门呢 |
[24:31] | She got called away. | 她被叫走了 |
[24:32] | So, she asked me to introduce you around. | 所以她要我帮你引见一下 |
[24:39] | I’m not the B team, sir. | 我不是备胎 先生 |
[24:41] | Do you want an introduction to the head of the DNC or not? | 你还要不要认识民主党委员会主席了 |
[24:45] | How do you know the head of the DNC? | 你怎么认识民主党委员会主席的 |
[24:47] | He’s a friend of my father’s. | 他是我父亲的朋友 |
[24:49] | Yes, please introduce me. | 好 请帮我引见一下 |
[24:52] | Diane, there you are. | 戴安 你在这 |
[24:53] | I bumped into Neil Gross. | 我碰到尼尔·格罗斯了 |
[24:55] | And we’re talking about remaking the party. | 我们正在聊重建党派 |
[24:57] | You don’t have to pretend, Diane. | 别装了 戴安 |
[24:59] | I knew your partners would join us. | 我知道你的合伙人会来找我们的 |
[25:01] | That’s what the smell of money does. | 这可是金钱的味道 |
[25:03] | Well, we want to be involved | 所有你感兴趣的东西 |
[25:04] | with whatever you’re interested in, Mr. Gross. | 我们都想参与 格罗斯先生 |
[25:05] | I want to talk to the DNC about buying them out. | 我想跟民主党委员会谈谈买断 |
[25:10] | Good. We can work up a proposal. | 好 我们可以整理一份计划书出来 |
[25:12] | – Set a meeting for next week. – Oh, no. | -下周组织约见 -不 |
[25:14] | I want to talk to them now. | 我现在就想和他们谈 |
[25:18] | Elfman is here, right? | 艾弗曼在这 不是吗 |
[25:20] | Yes, but I don’t think this is the best time. | 是的 但我觉得现在时机不是很好 |
[25:23] | You don’t think the death of the Democratic Party | 你不觉得民主党之死 |
[25:25] | is the right moment to talk about buying the Democratic Party? | 正是谈买下民主党的最佳时机吗 |
[25:28] | It just seems better to be well-prepared. | 我觉得还是做好充分的准备比较好 |
[25:32] | Elfman is not Frank Landau. You have to win him over. | 艾弗曼不是弗兰克·朗度 你得说服他 |
[25:35] | I’m not worried about winning him over. | 这个我不担心 |
[25:37] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[25:38] | Well, if he says “No” I reveal all the data I have on him. | 如果他拒绝 我就把我手上关于他的数据都拿出来 |
[25:44] | I’m sorry, what? | 你说什么 |
[25:46] | I have their search histories, their email histories. | 我有他们的历史搜索记录 和邮件记录 |
[25:49] | Everything from Chumhum. | 经由查查网的一切 |
[25:53] | Oh, boy. Clutch my pearls. I’ve offended you? | 天呐 我的老天爷呀 我是不是冒犯各位了 |
[25:57] | See, these are the tactics the Republicans have perfected. | 这些都是共和党玩烂了的手段 |
[26:01] | You want Manchin to vote with you | 你们要曼钦跟你们一起投票 |
[26:03] | instead of being a perpetual cock block? | 而不是只能在旁边说说风凉话 |
[26:05] | Show him what I have on him. | 让他看看我手上他的把柄 |
[26:06] | He will lead the charge on overturning the filibuster. | 他就会带头推翻阻挠议案的行为 |
[26:09] | You want to blackmail other Democrats? | 你想以此威胁其他民主党人士 |
[26:11] | My God, it’s like you’re all driving Buicks. | 我的天 你们怎么这么迂腐 |
[26:14] | I just gave you a solution to your problem. | 我刚刚给出了解决你们的难题的方案 |
[26:16] | A problem that could solve abortion rights, | 一个问题能解决堕胎权 |
[26:18] | a-and gun control, | 枪支管控 |
[26:19] | and health care, and yet you guys hesitate. | 还有医疗 你们居然还在思前想后 |
[26:23] | Okay, here’s my formalized proposal. | 好吧 我正式提议 |
[26:26] | Get some balls or get out. | 拿出点气魄来 不然就滚蛋 |
[26:32] | – Hi, how are you doing? – Marissa, nice to see you. | -你好 最近好吗 -梅丽莎 很高兴看到你 |
[26:34] | How’s your dad? | 你爸怎么样了 |
[26:36] | Hating D.C. | 讨厌华盛顿特区 |
[26:37] | Yeah, sorry about that. Things have gotten strange. | 抱歉 事情走向是有点奇怪 |
[26:40] | Um, have you met Ben-Baruch? | 你认识本·巴鲁克吗 |
[26:41] | He’s called the crypto king of Tel Aviv. | 他可是特拉维夫的加密货币之王 |
[26:43] | It’s nice to meet you. Did you know Frank long? | 很高兴认识你 你认识弗兰克·朗度很久了 |
[26:46] | – Who? – The one we’re mourning. | -谁 -我们哀悼的那位 |
[26:49] | Oh, no, I didn’t. | 不认识 |
[26:50] | I’m here actually to set up a dark money PAC for the Democrats. | 我来是想为民主党匿名资助一个政治行动委员会 |
[26:53] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:54] | $300 million in initial funding. | 三亿美元启动基金 |
[26:56] | Well, that’s great news. | 真是好消息 |
[26:57] | We could use all the help we can get these days. | 现在正是需要各路帮助的时候 |
[26:59] | My ex-fiancé threw away my hard drive in a fit of rage | 我的前未婚妻一时生气把我的硬盘扔了 |
[27:03] | and now I need it back. | 现在我想把它找回来 |
[27:06] | I don’t think I understand. | 我没明白 |
[27:07] | I need you to excavate the city landfill. | 我需要你把市垃圾填埋场挖开 |
[27:11] | Me personally? | 我亲自去吗 |
[27:12] | No, you politically. | 不 动用下你的关系 |
[27:14] | I have $750 million in Bitcoin sitting in city landfill | 我现在有价值七亿五千万美元的比特币 |
[27:18] | next to baby diapers and puppy chow. | 和婴儿纸尿裤还有狗粮埋在一起 |
[27:20] | Mr. Baruch, we’d be happy to help you | 巴鲁克先生 我们很乐意帮你 |
[27:22] | get the paperwork started on a rezoning order. | 起草重新区划垃圾填埋场的法令 |
[27:25] | It’ll take some time, but that’s the best we could offer. | 这需要点时间 但是我们只能做到这了 |
[27:29] | I’m offering you $300 million in dark money. | 我要给你三亿美元匿名资金 |
[27:32] | Yeah, and again, we’d love to help you with the paperwork. | 是 我们还是只能帮你起草文书 |
[27:34] | Are you fucking serious? | 你他妈在逗我 |
[27:36] | If this was the RNC, they would drain Lake Michigan. | 要是换做共和党委员会 要他们把密歇根湖抽干都行 |
[27:39] | Well, we’re not the RNC. | 但我们不是共和党委员会 |
[27:41] | Fucking holier-than-thou bullshit. | 去他妈假仁假义的屁话 |
[27:43] | Let’s talk to the Republicans. | 咱们去找共和党谈 |
[27:45] | Uh, wait a minute. We can work this out. | 等等 我们可以再想想办法 |
[27:46] | Let me just talk– | 让我跟他谈谈… |
[28:03] | Okay, let’s go now, dear. | 好吧 我们快走吧 亲爱的 |
[28:06] | – Come on. Hurry up! – Go, go, go, go, go! | -快点 -走走走 |
[28:10] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[28:13] | We have to get out of here. | 我们得赶紧离开这里 |
[28:16] | Wait, wait, wait. I can’t drive. | 等等 等等 我不能开车 |
[28:21] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[28:24] | You have to put on your seat belt. | 你得把安全带系好 |
[28:26] | Oh, my God, you are a mess of contradictions. | 天呐 你这个人反差真大 |
[28:28] | You’re hitting people and taking their guns, | 一边打人夺枪 |
[28:29] | but, “Make sure your seat belt is on.” | 但一边还要别人”一定要系好安全带” |
[28:33] | Do you want to get married? | 你想结婚吗 |
[28:36] | What? | 什么 |
[28:37] | We should get married. Look at the road. | 我们应该结婚 看路 |
[28:41] | We’ve known each other for three weeks. | 我们才认识三个星期 |
[28:42] | My parents knew each other three days. | 我爸妈认识三天就结婚了 |
[28:44] | Yeah, and they probably plowed their fields with oxen. | 那是 他们可能还在用锄头耕地 |
[28:47] | – Here. – What are you doing? | -这 -你要干什么 |
[28:48] | What– No, no, no, no, no. | 干什么 不 不 不 |
[28:52] | I’m sorry. I don’t understand English… | 抱歉 我听不懂英语 |
[28:54] | Oh, my God. I can’t drive like this. | 天呐 我这样开不了车 |
[28:57] | I’m thrilled you want to help. | 我很高兴你愿意帮忙 |
[28:58] | We’ll set up a dark money PAC. | 我们要成立一个接受匿名资助的政治行动委员会 |
[29:00] | Take a page out of the Republicans’ playbook. | 向共和党学习一下 |
[29:01] | Neil is looking for a fundamental redesign. | 尼尔是想从根本上重塑民主党 |
[29:04] | Not just a way to donate. | 不只是资助 |
[29:05] | What does that mean? “Redesign”? | 什么意思 “重塑” |
[29:06] | It means, this is 2022, and I’m buying you out. | 意思是说 现在都是2022年了 我要买断你们 |
[29:14] | Jesus, Neil. | 天呐 尼尔 |
[29:15] | You think running the Democratic Party is easy | 你觉得运作民主党是件轻而易举的事 |
[29:17] | because once upon a time you created some computer software | 就因为曾几何时 你创立了某个电脑软件 |
[29:20] | that helps a person figure out who the fuck played Captain Marvel? | 帮助某个人搞清楚了惊奇队长是谁扮演的 |
[29:25] | You may know ones and zeroes– and voters don’t speak math. | 你可能很懂二进制 但选民是不会跟你玩数学游戏的 |
[29:28] | We’re not for sale. | 我们不卖 |
[29:29] | This isn’t just a buyout. | 这不仅仅是买断 |
[29:31] | He has big ideas to reinvigorate the voters. | 他有个很宏大的想法 可以重新给选民注入激情 |
[29:34] | And cash when it’s needed most. | 还有你们最需要的资金 |
[29:37] | Have you written any of this down? | 这些都写下来了吗 |
[29:38] | Have you done any of the research? | 你们做过调研了吗 |
[29:40] | Do we even know the districts that we could win | 你们知不知道有哪些区我们能赢 |
[29:42] | and the ones we’ve lost? | 哪些我们会输 |
[29:43] | I mean, Jesus Christ, | 别开玩笑了 |
[29:44] | this country is in real fucking trouble | 这个国家现在正在水深火热之中 |
[29:45] | and you want to play king for a day? | 而你们却想玩过家家扮国王 |
[29:47] | Fuck off. | 滚蛋 |
[29:50] | I’m buying Fox News. | 我要买下福克斯新闻 |
[30:04] | Oh, come on, is this necessary? | 不是吧 这样有必要吗 |
[30:07] | Hey, gently. Gently. | 轻点 轻点 |
[30:09] | Jesus, knock off this Homan Square shit. | 别搞霍曼广场那套 |
[30:11] | Come on, take the hood off, asshole! | 快把头套摘下来 混蛋 |
[30:13] | You try that again with him and you’ll have a lawsuit so fast, | 你们再这样搞他 还没等你们反应过来 |
[30:16] | you won’t know what hit you. | 官司就找上来了 |
[30:17] | Now get the fuck out. You too. | 快滚出去 你也是 |
[30:22] | Manners. | 真不懂规矩 |
[30:25] | Well, I’m Carmen Alden. We talked on the phone. | 我是卡门·奥尔登 我们通过电话 |
[30:28] | Your bond hearing should be in a few hours. | 还有几个小时就是你的保释听证会了 |
[30:30] | But I just need to get a few details straight. | 但有些细节我需要弄清楚 |
[30:33] | Were you driving the van for someone else? | 你当时是不是在替别人开那辆面包车 |
[30:40] | You know, it would help our bail argument | 如果那批化肥炸药不是你的 |
[30:42] | if the fertilizer wasn’t yours. | 那会对我们提出保释很有利 |
[30:44] | I can’t tell you how to testify, but again, | 我不能教你如何作证 但再强调一遍 |
[30:47] | I can probably get you out | 要是那辆货车是别人的话 |
[30:49] | if the van belonged to someone else. | 我很可能可以把你保释出去 |
[30:56] | Are we having some problems here, Mr. Burns? | 伯恩斯先生 有什么问题吗 |
[30:58] | I’m not talking to you. | 我不想跟你说话 |
[31:00] | That will make this difficult. | 那这件事就很难办了 |
[31:02] | You’re fuckin’ Black. | 你他妈是黑人 |
[31:05] | Where’s Big John? Where’s Chuck? | 大约翰在哪 查克在哪 |
[31:08] | Which Chuck? ‘Cause I’ve got three of them. | 哪个查克 我们律所有三个查克 |
[31:10] | Fuck you. Go back to the shithole you came from. | 去你的 滚回你的粪坑里 |
[31:16] | Fine by me. I have other things to do. | 我无所谓 反正我还有很多事要忙 |
[31:20] | But did you think about it, really? | 但你到底有没有想清楚 |
[31:23] | Did you think there might be a reason | 你有没有想过林肯先生是出于某种考虑 |
[31:24] | that Mr. Lincoln sent you a Black lawyer? | 才会指派一名黑人律师来帮你 |
[31:27] | It’s Chicago. | 这里可是芝加哥 |
[31:29] | The courts, they just kiss the ass of a Black lawyer like me. | 法院的那些人都对我这样的黑人律师拍马溜须 |
[31:33] | And you’re going in front of Judge Gellar, | 再说你的案子会交由盖勒法官审理 |
[31:35] | he’s one of the angriest BLM ass-lickers on the bench. | 他可是法官中黑人的命也是命活动的狂热舔狗 |
[31:40] | And you think John Lincoln argues for you, | 这样的情况下你觉得约翰·林肯为你辩护 |
[31:41] | you’ll get out on bail? | 你能被保释出来 |
[31:44] | Or this face? | 还是我来赢面更大 |
[31:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:47] | Have fun in jail over the weekend. | 祝你在牢房里度过愉快的周末 |
[31:49] | But if you end up in Homan Square… | 但要是你最后沦落到霍曼广场 |
[31:52] | don’t cry on my shoulder. We’re done. | 可千万别靠在我的肩膀上哭 我们聊完了 |
[31:58] | Why would you defend me?! | 你为什么要替我辩护 |
[32:08] | Because, why do you think? | 你猜是为了什么 |
[32:11] | Money. I’d defend the devil for money. | 只要给够钱 就算是魔鬼我也会为他辩护 |
[32:15] | I have defended the devil for money. | 我也已经为魔鬼辩护过了 |
[32:18] | Do you know Oscar Rivi? | 你认识奥斯卡·里维吗 |
[32:20] | Top crystal dealer in Chicago? | 芝加哥的头号毒品贩子 |
[32:22] | I got him off. | 我把他保出来的 |
[32:24] | And do you know why? For money. | 你知道为什么吗 为了钱 |
[32:27] | Now, I don’t care who he hurt or who he fucked. | 我不在乎他伤害或搞了谁 |
[32:27] | 禁止吸烟 禁止身体接触 | |
[32:30] | It could have been my mother. But my job is to get him off. | 哪怕受害者可能是我妈 但我的工作就是保他 |
[32:35] | My job is to get you off. | 我现在的工作就是保你出来 |
[32:37] | You know, I grew up with a father who only cared | 从小到大 我爸就只在乎他自己的事业 |
[32:40] | about causes, and he bankrupted us | 但最后因为他不停地游行和上门宣传 |
[32:44] | with his marches and his door knocking. | 我们家破产了 |
[32:47] | And I got dragged around from door to door | 所以我只能为了杰西·杰克逊和他那些屁话 |
[32:50] | for Jesse Jackson and all that crap. | 被迫游走和寄宿在不同的人家里 |
[32:52] | Is this all true? | 这都是真的吗 |
[32:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:54] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[32:56] | You see, the point isn’t the end. | 所以关键不是在于结局 |
[32:59] | The point is the expertise. | 而是在于专业度 |
[33:01] | The point is winning. | 关键要赢 |
[33:03] | That is why I’m here because I want to win. | 因为我想赢所以我才会出现在这里 |
[33:07] | But if you don’t care, fuck you. | 但如果你不在乎的话 随你 |
[33:12] | Either way, I’m getting the money. | 无论如何 该拿的钱我一分不会少 |
[33:17] | Guard? | 警卫 |
[33:21] | We’re done, Buck. | 巴克 我们聊完了 |
[33:26] | Wait! Wait. | 等等 等一下 |
[33:35] | Okay. I don’t know if I trust this guy. | 我也不知道能不能相信这位 |
[33:38] | Come back in ten minutes. | 你十分钟以后再来吧 |
[33:39] | Don’t you dare listen by the door, you asshole. | 千万别想偷偷趴在门口偷听 混蛋 |
[33:42] | I know how you work. | 我知道你们那一套 |
[33:45] | Okay, help me out. | 来 说说吧 |
[33:47] | I need details for the bond hearing. | 为了保释听证会我需要了解所有细节 |
[33:54] | How do you buy Fox News? | 你拿什么买下福克斯新闻 |
[33:56] | – With money. – How much? | -用钱啊 -多少钱 |
[33:58] | Its current worth is $21 billion. | 它当前市值是二百一十亿美元 |
[34:00] | I can become a majority owner with $15 billion. | 我可以用一百五十亿成为拥有它的大股东 |
[34:04] | – And you’d be willing to do that? – Yes. | -你真的愿意那么做 -是的 |
[34:06] | The Republicans will just find some other network to call their own. | 那样的话共和党会找其他平台当喉舌 |
[34:09] | Well, sure, if you turned Fox Democrat overnight. | 当然 除非你能让福克斯一夜变成拥护民主党 |
[34:11] | But you don’t do that. | 可你做不到 |
[34:12] | The thought is to start curbing its excesses. | 所以我们想首先控制他们对外宣传的通道 |
[34:14] | To make Fox more reliably conservative– not radical. | 让福克斯可以更加保守 而非激进 |
[34:18] | Still, the nuts will just flee someplace else. | 但那些疯子还是能找到其他途径撒野 |
[34:21] | Maybe. There’s a certain period of whack-a-mole. | 也许 但一定会存在着一个打地鼠般的阶段 |
[34:24] | Always is. | 一向如此 |
[34:25] | Mr. Gross has promised a massive investment in the DNC. | 格罗斯先生承诺会向民主党国委会投一大笔钱 |
[34:29] | 12 years, three presidential cycles. | 注资十二年 三个总统周期 |
[34:31] | And he’s already heavily investing in Puerto Rico. | 而且他已经在波多黎各投入了大量资金 |
[34:34] | – The 51st state? – Of course. | -第五十一个州 -没错 |
[34:36] | A Democratic one. | 一个支持民主党的州 |
[34:39] | And how will you work with the Biden administration? | 那你打算如何与拜登政权打交道呢 |
[34:45] | I won’t. He served you well | 我不会继续了 虽然在2020年 |
[34:48] | in 2020 but the brand is tired. | 他和你们合作得不错 但这块招牌已经老了 |
[34:52] | You need someone fresh, the stakes are too high. | 你们需要找到新人 不然风险实在太高了 |
[34:54] | – Okay, I see where this is going. – You do? | -好了 我知道你想干什么了 -是吗 |
[34:56] | Yeah. You think you’re the next Michael Bloomberg, | 你以为自己能成为下一个迈克尔·布隆伯格 |
[34:58] | a guy with too much money who thinks he’s the answer. | 那个人有了太多钱 甚至觉得他能解决一切 |
[35:00] | – Are you done? – No. I’m not, thank you. | -你说完了吗 -不 没有 谢谢 |
[35:02] | Why don’t you go start your own political party, Mr. Gross. | 格罗斯先生 你干吗不自己成立一个政党呢 |
[35:06] | I know about your brother’s mistress. | 我知道你弟弟情妇的事 |
[35:12] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在胡说些什么 |
[35:13] | You’re the king of oppo research. | 你可是对手背调高手 |
[35:15] | You know exactly what I’m talking about. | 你很清楚我在说什么 |
[35:18] | Do you know what Republican candidate | 你知道哪位共和党候选人在1986年 |
[35:20] | killed a classmate in 1986? | 杀害了一位同学吗 |
[35:23] | I do. | 我知道 |
[35:24] | You know what Supreme Court justice | 你知道哪位最高法院法官有 |
[35:25] | has a child porn problem? I do. | 喜欢看儿童色情片的问题吗 我知道 |
[35:30] | The Democratic Party doesn’t play this game. | 我们民主党是不会玩这种阴招的 |
[35:32] | Oh, course it does. And if it doesn’t, it sure needs to start. | 你们当然玩 就算不玩 现在也要学着开始玩 |
[35:36] | Do you know how I know all your secrets? | 你知道我是怎么知道你们这些秘密的吗 |
[35:38] | I own Chumhum. | 因为查查网就是我的 |
[35:41] | We have 2.9 billion active users every month. | 我们每个月的活跃用户高达二十九亿 |
[35:44] | I have records of all their interests, | 我知道他们感兴趣什么 |
[35:47] | and their biases, their secrets. | 知道他们的偏见甚至是秘密 |
[35:49] | And, for the right cause, I’m willing to use them. | 只要有正当的理由 我也愿意利用这些信息 |
[35:53] | – You’re a dangerous man. – Oh, yes. | -你是一个危险人物 -当然了 |
[35:56] | Good thing I have a friend over in the Justice Department. | 好在我有一个朋友在司法部工作 |
[35:58] | Maybe I’ll give him a call. | 也许我该给他打个电话 |
[35:59] | Oh– All right, go for it. | 好吧 去打吧 |
[36:00] | I’m sure Merrick Garland will hop right on it. | 我相信梅里克·加兰一定会马上同意与我联手 |
[36:03] | You know, I don’t think you realize, Mr. Elfperson, | 你知道吗 艾弗不快先生 我觉得你还没搞懂 |
[36:06] | the Trump years have turned everything on its head. | 特朗普在任的这几年已经把一切都搞乱了 |
[36:09] | And the Democratic Party is still acting like | 可你们民主党却仍然表现得好像 |
[36:10] | we’re all sitting around sipping toddies with Tip O’Neill. | 我们围坐在蒂普·奥尼尔身边喝着威士忌 |
[36:14] | Just one big happy political family. | 真是开心快乐的政治大家庭 |
[36:18] | Diane, we need to talk. | 戴安 我们得聊聊 |
[36:28] | I think he’s going to say “no.” And that’s why I need you. | 我猜他会拒绝 所以我需要你 |
[36:32] | Need me? To what? | 需要我 做什么 |
[36:33] | To run the Democratic Party. | 你来接管民主党 |
[36:36] | Yeah, my backup plan is a hostile takeover. | 没错 我的备选方案就是强制接管 |
[36:38] | Kick Elf-guy out, and put you in. | 把那个艾弗什么的家伙踢出去 让你来管理 |
[36:42] | I– Sorry, I don’t, I don’t know what to say to that. | 我 抱歉 我都 我不知道该说什么了 |
[36:45] | It doesn’t really matter. You’ll eventually say “yes.” | 没关系的 反正你最后都会同意的 |
[36:47] | And then you will need to talk to your husband. | 在那之后你得和你丈夫聊一聊 |
[36:50] | – My husband? – Yeah. You need to keep him in line. | -我丈夫 -是的 你得让他弃暗投明 |
[36:52] | Or, uh, divorce him. | 或者也可以跟他离婚 |
[36:55] | – Excuse me? – The interests of the party | -你说什么 -政党的利益 |
[36:57] | supersede any family concerns. | 绝对高于任何小家庭的利益 |
[36:59] | Just tell him you can’t see another school shooting | 就跟他说你没法眼睁睁看着再发生校园枪击 |
[37:02] | without shooting yourself. | 你甚至都想吞枪自杀了 |
[37:05] | Tell him his work with the NRA disgusts you. | 告诉他他在步枪协会工作让你感到恶心 |
[37:08] | Oh, look, here’s his answer now. | 好了 你马上就可以知道他的答案了 |
[37:11] | I want you to step in for Elfman, Diane. | 我希望你可以顶替艾弗曼 戴安 |
[37:14] | And you’ll need to deal with your husband first. | 但你必须先解决好你和你丈夫之间的事 |
[37:19] | – Well? – No. I don’t trust you. | -如何 -不行 我不相信你 |
[37:22] | Is that your final answer? | 这是你的最终答复吗 |
[37:24] | We can’t just run you, sir. | 我们没法推你竞选总统 先生 |
[37:25] | We have a seniority system. We have Biden. We have Kamala. We have Bernie. | 我们按资历推选 我们有拜登 卡马拉 伯尼 |
[37:29] | And they’ll all lose. | 但他们都会输 |
[37:30] | It’s better than some tech billionaire. | 那也比靠技术发家的亿万富翁要强 |
[37:33] | I’m not talking about myself. | 我不是想推我自己上位 |
[37:35] | God, no. | 当然不是了 |
[37:38] | I have a candidate. | 我有一位候选人 |
[37:39] | One who is sounding out both parties. | 他在两边的政党中都有很好的声望 |
[37:41] | He’s dropped everything, he’s on his way here right now. | 他放弃了一切 现在正赶来这里 |
[37:44] | Who? Who is it? Who’s on his way here? | 谁 是谁 谁快到了 |
[37:48] | Dwayne Johnson. | 道恩·强森 |
[37:50] | The Rock. | 巨石强森 |
[37:53] | Like Peter. | 像皮特一样 |
[38:02] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[38:04] | Like a fucking heart attack. | 像该死的心脏病一样真 |
[38:06] | Upon this rock, I’ll build my party. | 基于这块巨石 我将建造起我的政党 |
[38:18] | I’ll get the bail set. But don’t talk to anyone here. | 我去搞定保释 但不要跟这里的人说话 |
[38:21] | Anyone in the cell next to you is just trying to fuck you. | 即使住在隔壁牢房的人也可能是来搞你的卧底 |
[38:24] | I need Chuck to help me with my girlfriend. | 我需要查克帮我女友办点事 |
[38:26] | If she doesn’t get rent this week she’ll be kicked out. | 如果这周她还不交房租 她会被赶出去 |
[38:29] | You tell Chuck Pearce that if he doesn’t help, | 你去和查克·皮尔斯说 如果他不帮忙 |
[38:33] | I’m turning on him. | 我就告发他 |
[38:34] | Understood. Get ready. | 明白 准备好 |
[38:37] | The hearing should be in an hour. | 一小时后是保释听证会 |
[38:39] | And you’ll be out of here. | 你就能离开了 |
[38:54] | Chuck Pearce runs oil refineries in Oklahoma | 查克·皮尔斯在俄克拉荷马州开炼油厂 |
[38:56] | and is the chief financier of the Michigan Army. | 他是密歇根军队的主要资助人 |
[38:58] | Senator Kiersten Judd of Mississippi | 密西西比州的参议员基尔斯滕·贾德 |
[39:00] | is their second largest donor. | 是他们第二大的资助人 |
[39:03] | Good work, Carmen. Good leads. | 做得好 卡门 很棒的信息 |
[39:06] | Where are we, Jay? | 我们进度如何 杰 |
[39:07] | Done. Their bank accounts are drained. | 做好了 他们的银行账户都被抽空了 |
[39:09] | Good. The Michigan Army officially bankrupt. | 好 密歇根军队破产了 |
[39:11] | Let’s get rid of these guys. | 把他们处理好 |
[39:12] | What the fuck are you doing? | 你他妈在做什么 |
[39:14] | What the–? What the fuck? Come on! | 什么 妈的 放手 |
[39:17] | What are you doing? Where are we going? | 你做什么 我们要去哪里 |
[39:18] | – Who’s that? – Where are you taking me? | -他是谁 -你们要带我去哪里 |
[39:21] | Frank Landau’s assassin. | 杀弗兰克·朗度的刺客 |
[39:24] | You can’t do this without me talking to my lawyer. | 我没和律师商谈之前你们不能这么做 |
[39:27] | Where are we going? Hold on. Stop. Stop. | 我们去哪里 慢着 等等 |
[39:32] | – Where are they going? – Antarctica. | -带他们去哪儿 -南极 |
[39:35] | – Is that code or something? – Nope. | -那是密语吗 -不是 |
[39:37] | We have a private jet bound for Antarctica. | 我们有私人飞机去南极 |
[39:39] | Some of our donors built a facility there, | 我们的一些资助人在那里建了一个设施 |
[39:41] | with private cells for white supremacists. | 白人至上者专用的牢房 |
[39:44] | Every day they can look out on white. | 他们每天醒来都能看到白茫茫的一片 |
[40:03] | – Is he gonna get out? – No, you go to him. | -他出来吗 -不 你上车见他 |
[40:06] | Oh, my God. Is this guy serious or not? | 天啊 这家伙是认真的吗 |
[40:08] | This is The Rock. How did you think this was gonna work? | 这是巨石 不然你以为会怎样 |
[40:11] | Trump came down an escalator. | 特朗普从扶梯走下来 |
[40:13] | Why can’t he roll up in an Escalade? | 他怎么不能停在人行道上 |
[40:15] | Because we’re not them. | 因为我们和他们不一样 |
[40:16] | And when we try to be them, it backfires. | 当我们拉到和他们相同的水平线时 会适得其反 |
[40:18] | Look, don’t waste his time, okay? | 别浪费他的时间了好吗 |
[40:20] | Either take it seriously or we just drop the whole thing. | 你要么认真对待 要么咱就别谈了 |
[40:22] | Fine. Can’t wait to hear his thoughts on trade. | 好 等不及要听他对贸易的看法了 |
[40:28] | Now what? | 现在怎样 |
[40:29] | Now we just wait. | 等待 |
[40:31] | And now, Diane, you have some thinking to do. | 戴安 你有些事该好好考虑一下 |
[40:41] | What was that about? | 那是什么意思 |
[40:44] | As a backup plan, | 备用方案 |
[40:46] | Neil wants me to run the Democratic Party. | 尼尔想让我治理民主党 |
[40:53] | Are you– You’re kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[40:57] | Is that something you would even want to do? | 那是你想做的事吗 |
[40:59] | I honestly don’t know. | 老实说 我不知道 |
[41:02] | But we need a radical change. | 但我们需要一次巨变 |
[41:04] | And Neil has the resources, the contacts, | 尼尔有资源 有人脉 |
[41:07] | and the, and the guts to do it. | 也有勇气去做 |
[41:11] | And despite everything that’s happened, I… | 尽管发生了这么多事 我… |
[41:14] | I still want to believe in this country. | 我还是想相信这个国家的 |
[41:17] | Oh, God, I still want to fight for it. I really do. | 我依然想为它奋斗 真的 |
[41:20] | Well, I… I’d be sad to see you go. | 如果你选择离开 我会挺难过的 |
[41:24] | Come on, Liz. You don’t need me. | 莉兹 你不需要我 |
[41:27] | Except as a drinking partner. | 除了需要我陪你喝酒以外 |
[41:31] | – Besides, you have Ri’Chard. – Yeah. He’s… | -再说了 理夏德还在 -他… |
[41:34] | he’s turning out to be a better partner than I imagined. | 是个比我想象中要好的合作伙伴 |
[41:38] | I don’t know, maybe… maybe we can | 不知道 也许我们可以 |
[41:40] | become the largest firm in the world. | 成为世界上最大的律所 |
[41:43] | Oh, if I run the DNC, you’ll always have our business. | 如果我管理民主党委员会 我会一直雇佣你们 |
[41:46] | This is either the stupidest night of our lives… | 这要么是我们人生中最蠢的一晚 |
[41:49] | Or the best. | 又或者是最棒的一晚 |
[41:55] | – I’m feeling it. – What? | -我感受到了 -什么 |
[41:59] | That most dangerous feeling… | 最危险的感觉… |
[42:03] | Hope. | 希望 |
[42:05] | There’s only one problem. | 还有一个问题 |
[42:07] | What? | 什么 |
[42:09] | He wants me to figure out Kurt. | 他要我想好和库尔特该怎么办 |
[42:14] | The NRA. | 步枪协会 |
[42:15] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[42:17] | Right. That’s awkward. | 对哦 挺尴尬的 |
[42:21] | In more ways than you can imagine. | 比你想象中来得更尴尬 |
[42:33] | Is he all right? | 他怎么样了 |
[42:46] | I think we can see a way to making this work. | 我觉得这事可以成 |
[42:48] | He had some fascinating and inspired ideas. | 他的想法很有吸引力也很激励人心 |
[42:53] | What happened to your crutches? | 你的拐杖不要了吗 |
[42:55] | Oh, he laid his hands on my ankle. | 他把手放在了我脚踝上 |
[43:01] | W-Where did he go? | 他去哪儿了 |
[43:03] | Oh, he had an appointment. | 他约了其他人 |
[43:04] | Ah, one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[43:05] | We need to accommodate his shooting schedule. | 我们要留时间给他打猎 |
[43:09] | First he needs to tell the Republican Party “no” | 首先他会拒绝共和党那边的邀约 |
[43:11] | and then he is signed on to do Scorpion King 6. | 然后他要签约出演《魔蝎大帝6》 |
[43:15] | He wants to do both. | 他想两手抓 |
[43:16] | Of course the presidency would be in first position. | 当然总统的事优先 |
[43:28] | – Hello! – Hey! | -你好 -嗨 |
[43:29] | We have the witnesses! | 见证人到了 |
[43:30] | -You made it! -We did. | -你们赶来了 -没错 |
[43:32] | I thought you guys were joking. | 我以为你们是开玩笑呢 |
[43:34] | – We were. – Then we weren’t. | -开始是的 -后来成真了 |
[43:35] | All right. You kids ready? | 好了 孩子们准备好了吗 |
[43:38] | Marissa Gold, | 梅丽莎·戈德 |
[43:40] | do you take Zev Beker to be your lawfully wedded husband? | 你愿意泽夫·贝克成为你的合法丈夫吗 |
[43:44] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[43:46] | Zev Beker, do you | 泽夫·贝克 你愿意 |
[43:47] | take Marissa Gold to be your lawfully wedded wife? | 梅丽莎·戈德成为你的合法妻子吗 |
[43:51] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[43:52] | I now pronounce you husband and wife. | 我宣布新人礼成 |
[44:22] | Your client again? | 又是客户吗 |
[44:25] | No. The RNC. | 不 是共和党委员会 |
[44:29] | Did you give them money in my name? | 你用我的名义给他们捐款了吗 |
[44:32] | No. | 没有 |
[44:34] | “Dear Mr. And Mrs. McVeigh, | “亲爱的麦克维先生与麦克维夫人 |
[44:36] | thank you very much for your generous contribution | 感谢你们对共和党委员会 |
[44:39] | to the Republican National Committee.” | 提供的慷慨捐助” |
[44:41] | It’s a form letter. | 套用信函罢了 |
[44:45] | They’re mailing us MAGA hats. | 他们要给我们寄”让美国再次伟大”的帽子 |
[44:47] | Don’t say I never gave you anything. | 别说我没给你送过什么东西 |
[45:00] | Kurt. This isn’t working. | 库尔特 这行不通 |
[45:10] | What isn’t? | 什么 |
[45:11] | You and me. | 你和我 |
[45:15] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[45:17] | You know why not. We have nothing in common. | 你知道的 我们没有丝毫相同之处 |
[45:22] | Every time we talk, | 每次我们谈话 |
[45:22] | it’s a minefield of political frustrations. | 都是政治挫败的地雷 |
[45:25] | Not for me. | 我不这么认为 |
[45:28] | Then you’re a better person. | 那你是个更出色的人 |
[45:29] | Diane, I-I haven’t changed. You knew what I believed in. | 戴安 我没变 你知道我信什么的 |
[45:33] | Yes. But the world has changed. | 没错 但世界在变 |
[45:34] | The right wing has changed. | 右翼在变 |
[45:38] | I mean, these school shootings. | 这些校园枪击 |
[45:41] | I lie awake at night, and I’m thinking | 我夜不能寝 想着 |
[45:44] | I can’t believe what you believe in. | 我无法认同你所相信的事 |
[45:49] | You seem so sane, and yet these people… | 你这么冷静清醒 但其他人… |
[45:53] | Ted Cruz. Marjorie Taylor Greene. Boebert. | 泰德·科鲁兹 马乔里·泰勒·格林 贝波特 |
[45:57] | Diane, we’ve always stayed away from all that kind of stuff. | 戴安 我们之间一直不谈政治 |
[46:00] | Well, I can’t anymore. I– I just can’t. | 我不能在这么继续下去了 我不能 |
[46:08] | Have you met someone? | 你有其他人了吗 |
[46:11] | No. No. | 没有 |
[46:16] | Not in the way that you mean. | 不是你想象中的那种 |
[46:18] | In what way then? | 那是哪种 |
[46:20] | There are just people that I talk to | 只是当我和其他人聊天时 |
[46:23] | who think the way I think. | 我们的意见相同 |
[46:28] | About politics, | 关于政治 |
[46:29] | about literature, about music. I’m… | 文学 音乐 我… |
[46:34] | I’m tired of shutting off that part of myself. | 厌倦了把自己这部分封闭起来 |
[46:37] | Don’t make this about politics if it’s not. | 如果不是关于政治 就不用扯政治上 |
[46:43] | It is about politics. | 这就是和政治有关 |
[46:46] | And it is about beliefs. | 与信念有关 |
[46:50] | And our beliefs are seriously not aligned. | 我们之间的信念观点南辕北辙 |
[46:56] | So, there’s no room for love? | 所以完全没有爱情的容身之处吗 |
[47:00] | I don’t– I don’t know. I mean… | 我不知道… |
[47:06] | Yes, there’s always room for love. | 是的 总会有爱情的容身之处 |
[47:08] | But that just feels so inconsequential next to… | 但和其他事比起来 那显得不重要了 |
[47:15] | Next to everything that’s going on. | 看看现在发生的一切 |
[47:26] | So, what then? | 所以你想怎样 |
[47:32] | Well, I mean… | 我… |
[47:38] | You go to D.C. for your convention. | 你去华盛顿特区开会 |
[47:41] | I stay here. And that’s it. | 我留在这里 就这样 |
[47:44] | We barely live together now. | 反正我们现在也和分居没啥区别 |
[47:48] | So let’s just continue that way. | 就继续这样吧 |
[47:52] | And then, I mean, that’s it. | 之后 就没有之后了 |
[48:11] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[48:18] | Getting an Uber. Goodbye. | 我自己打车 再见 |