时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | Can you introduce yourself? | 你能自我介绍一下吗? |
[00:32] | My name is Bert Middleton. | 我叫伯特·米德尔顿。 |
[00:37] | I’m the second oldest man in Britain. | 我在英国的长寿男人里排第二。 |
[00:41] | This is the last thing I’ll do, so you’d better listen carefully | 这是我最后要做的事,所以你最好仔细听 |
[00:45] | and do it properly. | 好好做。 |
[00:47] | Make it honest. | 说实话。 |
[00:55] | Where are we? | 我们在哪? |
[00:57] | The summer of 1914? | 1914年夏天? |
[01:03] | The summer the bus came. | 夏天 公共汽车来了。 |
[01:10] | Put up the photograph. | 把照片挂起来。 |
[01:21] | I don’t know why, but it was a solemn occasion, | 我不知道为什么,但那是一个庄严的场合, |
[01:25] | and that made it even more exciting. | 这使它更加令人兴奋。 |
[01:28] | It was the first ever bus to come to our village. | 这是第一辆来我们村的公共汽车。 |
[01:32] | The bus came in. The bus stopped. | 公共汽车开了进来。公共汽车停了。 |
[01:36] | The bus drove off. | 公共汽车开走了。 |
[01:42] | And there she was. | 她就在那里。 |
[01:45] | No-one was expecting anyone to actually get off the bus. | 没人指望有人真的下车。 |
[01:52] | There she was. | 她就在那儿。 |
[01:57] | Was it love at first sight? | 是一见钟情吗? |
[01:59] | What kind of question is that? | 那是什么问题? |
[02:01] | I was 12 years old. | 我当时12岁。 |
[02:04] | Of course it was love at first sight. | 当然是一见钟情。 |
[02:12] | 100 years later, when I say her name, | 100年后,当我说出她的名字, |
[02:14] | I feel exactly the same way about her. | 我对她也有同样的感觉。 |
[02:18] | Martha Lane. | 玛莎巷。 |
[02:26] | Martha Lane. | 玛莎巷。 |
[03:00] | Joe had gone to work at the Big House. | 乔去大房子上班了。 |
[03:04] | I didn’t know it then, | 我当时不知道, |
[03:06] | but it was the start of him trying to get away. | 但这是他试图逃跑的开始。 |
[03:09] | I was too young, too filled up with being alive to see what | 我太年轻了,充满了活着的感觉,看不到什么 |
[03:14] | he was after. | 他在找我。 |
[03:16] | And nobody had left the village in 100 years. | 100年来没有人离开过这个村子。 |
[03:20] | My father went abroad twice in his life. | 我父亲一生中出国两次。 |
[03:24] | By “abroad,” I mean out of the parish, and he didn’t like it. | 我说的“国外”,是指离开教区,他不喜欢。 |
[03:28] | All of life was in our village. | 所有的生命都在我们村里。 |
[03:42] | Joe was my big brother. | 乔是我的大哥。 |
[03:44] | It wasn’t that I could tell him about the lady from the bus, | 不是我能告诉他车上那位女士的事, |
[03:48] | but I wanted to be with him, like I always did when the sky fell in. | 但我想和他在一起,就像我总是在天黑的时候那样。 |
[03:54] | Or my heart heaved. | 或者我的心在起伏。 |
[04:09] | Anyway, here’s what happened. | 不管怎样,事情是这样的。 |
[04:25] | You’re going to swim today. I can’t. | 你今天要去游泳。我不能。 |
[04:29] | No, you will. Here, did I tell you about the drowning? | 不,你会的。我告诉过你溺水的事了吗? |
[04:33] | No. I shouldn’t. | 不,我不应该。 |
[04:35] | Please! No! | 拜托!不! |
[04:36] | Please! | 拜托! |
[04:38] | She was sucked under and never seen again. | 她被吸了进去,再也没见过她。 |
[04:42] | Here? | 在这里? |
[04:43] | D’you know what they say? No. What? | 你知道他们说什么吗?不。什么? |
[04:50] | What? | 什么? |
[04:55] | She’s looking for a fellow to drown and be with her for ever. | 她在找一个能淹死的人,永远和她在一起。 |
[05:02] | Joe? | 乔? |
[05:12] | Joe! | 乔! |
[05:18] | Joe! | 乔! |
[05:23] | Joe! | 乔! |
[05:25] | Joe! Help! | 乔!救命啊! |
[05:28] | She’s under us, mate. I can feel her, she’s underneath us. | 她在我们下面,伙计。我能感觉到她,她在我们下面。 |
[05:31] | Quick, quick. Swim for your life. | 快,快。为你的生命而游泳。 |
[05:33] | Swim. Swim, fella, swim. Come on! Come on. | 游泳。游泳,伙计,游泳。加油!来吧。 |
[05:37] | Swim! That’s it, Bert, you’re doing it. You’re swimming. | 游泳!就这样,伯特,你做到了。你在游泳。 |
[05:40] | Swim to me. Come on. | 向我游过来。来吧。 |
[06:10] | Oh, look! | 哦,看! |
[06:13] | Yeah! | 是 啊! |
[06:15] | It was her! I saw her. | 是她!我看见她了。 |
[06:20] | We should get home. | 我们该回家了。 |
[06:22] | Do we have to? | 我们一定要吗? |
[06:24] | It’s time to go, Bert. | 该走了,伯特。 |
[06:28] | I’ll look after you. All right? | 我会照顾你的。好吗? |
[06:42] | Hello. | 你好。 |
[06:45] | Why do you say hello to me? | 你为什么跟我打招呼? |
[06:47] | Why wouldn’t I? | 我为什么不呢? |
[06:50] | What do you want? Who are you? | 你想要什么?你是谁? |
[07:12] | I’m 19 years old. | 我今年19岁。 |
[07:14] | You’ll stand. | 你会站起来的。 |
[07:17] | Are you going to ask me, Mother? | 你要问我吗,妈妈? |
[07:21] | Did you get round? | 你有空吗? |
[07:24] | Three sides on me own. | 我一个人三面。 |
[07:30] | And the sheathing? | 护套呢? |
[07:44] | I want you in the field at 3.00 tomorrow. Do you understand? | 我要你明天3点到现场。你明白吗? |
[07:48] | Why are you shivering? | 你为什么发抖? |
[07:53] | Why’s he shivering? | 他为什么发抖? |
[07:55] | I was teaching him how to swim. | 我在教他游泳。 |
[08:03] | Sit down. | 坐下来。 |
[08:25] | Look at these hands. Look at the work in them. | 看看这些手。看看他们的作品。 |
[08:36] | Swimming? | 游泳? |
[08:42] | Swimming?! | 游泳?! |
[08:48] | Don’t look at him. | 别看他。 |
[08:55] | I said, don’t look at him! | 我说,别看他! |
[09:02] | Joe. No. Joe. Please! | 乔。不,乔。拜托! |
[09:13] | Joe. | 乔。 |
[09:15] | Joe. Joe! | 乔。乔! |
[09:21] | Joe! | 乔! |
[09:24] | Joe! Joe! | 乔!乔! |
[09:26] | I don’t want to be in here! | 我不想在这里! |
[09:28] | Joe! | 乔! |
[09:33] | Where is he? | 他在哪? |
[09:39] | I’ll wait for him. | 我会等他。 |
[10:55] | Come to bed. | 去睡觉吧。 |
[10:58] | Come to bed, my man. | 上床吧,伙计。 |
[12:35] | I want you to have your life. | 我要你拥有你的生活。 |
[12:38] | You must do everything you can to find it. | 你必须尽你所能找到它。 |
[12:57] | You wouldn’t leave us, Joe. | 你不会离开我们的,乔。 |
[14:11] | They’re my sons. Why aren’t they with me? | 他们是我的儿子。他们为什么不和我在一起? |
[14:21] | Why? | 为什么? |
[14:24] | Because my left hand is not the right hand, sir. | 因为我的左手不是右手,先生。 |
[14:27] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯-嗯。 |
[14:30] | Get your hand up. | 把手举起来。 |
[14:39] | Why? | 为什么? |
[14:41] | Because… my left hand is not the right hand, sir. | 因为。。。我的左手不是右手,先生。 |
[14:46] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯-嗯。 |
[14:48] | Get it up. | 把它拿起来。 |
[14:56] | Oh. | 哦。 |
[14:59] | Playing games, are we? | 玩游戏,是吗? |
[15:04] | No, no, no, no. | 不,不,不,不。 |
[15:09] | I’m busy here, Mr Eyre, if you don’t mind. | 我在这里很忙,爱先生,如果你不介意的话。 |
[15:14] | Get your hand up. | 把手举起来。 |
[15:17] | Up. | 向上。 |
[15:20] | Look at me. | 看看我。 |
[15:25] | Why? | 为什么? |
[15:36] | Why?! | 为什么? |
[15:51] | Another? | 再来一个? |
[16:43] | Mother says that we’ll have water on tap next year. | 妈妈说我们明年有自来水供应。 |
[16:47] | And then where will you be? | 那你会在哪里? |
[16:49] | And then where will he be? | 那他会在哪里? |
[16:52] | It’ll get cold, Miss Caroline. | 会变冷的,卡罗琳小姐。 |
[16:54] | So what are you waiting for? | 你还在等什么? |
[17:18] | Poor Joe. | 可怜的乔。 |
[17:49] | Can you draw, Bert? | 你会画画吗,伯特? |
[18:01] | Now you. | 现在是你。 |
[18:23] | Do you see that up there? | 你看到那上面了吗? |
[18:28] | Copy the shapes. That’s all there is to it. | 复制形状。就这些。 |
[18:33] | You’re tired. | 你累了。 |
[18:35] | I didn’t sleep much. | 我没怎么睡。 |
[18:40] | What time is it now? | 现在几点了? |
[18:44] | It’s 3.00. | 现在是3点。 |
[18:46] | I promised my father I’d be in the field at 3.00. | 我答应我父亲我3点到地里。 |
[18:49] | Well, I’ve kept you. | 我一直留着你。 |
[18:50] | You’d have been finished by now if it wasn’t for me. | 如果不是我的话,你现在已经完蛋了。 |
[19:05] | It’s too neat. | 太整洁了。 |
[19:56] | Rake and sheath. All in eights. And don’t think I won’t check. | 耙和鞘。都是八分之一。别以为我不会查。 |
[20:18] | For this harvest, you have my thanks. | 对于这次收获,我向你表示感谢。 |
[20:30] | Pay me now. Or go and come back when you can pay me. | 现在付钱给我。或者你可以付钱给我的时候再回来。 |
[20:41] | Some more drinks, Peter. | 再来点饮料,彼得。 |
[20:45] | You thieving bastard! | 你这个偷东西的混蛋! |
[21:29] | Why did you do that, Father? He’s my neighbour. | 你为什么这么做,神父?他是我的邻居。 |
[21:56] | How long were you teaching for? | 你教书多久了? |
[21:59] | A year. | 一年。 |
[22:00] | Greek and Latin, to a small boy in a big house. | 希腊语和拉丁语,给大房子里的小男孩听。 |
[22:05] | And why did you leave? | 你为什么要离开? |
[22:07] | My father wrote to me every Sunday | 我父亲每个星期天都给我写信 |
[22:09] | telling me about the new village he’d come to. | 告诉我他要来的新村庄。 |
[22:11] | It made me want to be here. | 它让我想在这里。 |
[22:13] | And what do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[22:17] | There’s work to do. | 有工作要做。 |
[22:21] | Our very own missionary. | 我们自己的传教士。 |
[22:24] | So, you’ll take them? | 那么,你要他们? |
[22:29] | What will people think? | 人们会怎么想? |
[22:30] | John and Charles Wesley have come in by the back door. | 约翰和查尔斯卫斯理从后门进来了。 |
[22:33] | I came in the front, Mr Eyre. God doesn’t need a back door. | 我走在前面,爱先生。上帝不需要后门。 |
[22:37] | Neither, it seems, do Yorkshirewomen. | 似乎约克郡人也一样。 |
[22:42] | What have you done to my son? | 你对我儿子做了什么? |
[22:45] | Should we starve so he could learn to write? | 我们应该挨饿让他学写字吗? |
[22:48] | Does writing ever feed anyone? | 写作能养活任何人吗? |
[22:51] | I know how hard things are for you. | 我知道你有多难。 |
[22:54] | No, you don’t. You have got no idea! | 不,你不知道。你不知道! |
[22:57] | But I also know that a boy needs an education. | 但我也知道一个男孩需要教育。 |
[23:15] | They won’t dry. Every bloody sheath you’ve laid east-west. | 它们不会干的。你在东西方布下的每一根血淋淋的剑鞘。 |
[23:21] | How many times have I told you? | 我告诉你多少次了? |
[23:23] | They only dry if they’re north-south. | 它们只有在南北方向才会干燥。 |
[23:29] | Come on! Come on! | 加油!加油! |
[23:42] | Tripe and onions in milk and a little liver. | 牛肚、洋葱、牛奶和少许肝。 |
[23:47] | Joe’s wages. | 乔的工资。 |
[23:54] | I’m going to bed. | 我要睡觉了。 |
[23:59] | Pride is a sin, John. | 骄傲是罪恶,约翰。 |
[24:02] | Then I’m going to hell, because it’s all I’ve got. | 那我就下地狱,因为这是我的全部。 |
[24:20] | Can I have more of that, Mother? | 我能再吃一点吗,妈妈? |
[24:22] | Of course. Thanks. | 当然。谢谢。 |
[24:30] | Have you eaten, Mother? | 妈妈,你吃了吗? |
[24:32] | Yes. | 对。 |
[24:44] | Must a man pay all his life for one mistake? Is that God’s way? | 一个人必须为一个错误付出一生吗?这是上帝的方式吗? |
[24:51] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你。 |
[24:57] | I think it is in everything you do and say that you have not. | 我认为你所做的每件事和你所说的一切都是如此。 |
[25:02] | No, that is you, John. | 不,那是你,约翰。 |
[25:05] | It is you not allowing my forgiveness in. | 是你不让我原谅你。 |
[25:08] | Must it always be my fault? | 一定是我的错吗? |
[25:16] | Hurry up! Come on! | 快点!加油! |
[25:26] | Come on. Hurry up! | 来吧。快点! |
[25:38] | Your father got his harvest in? | 你父亲在农场收获了庄稼? |
[25:52] | You ready? I am. | 准备好了吗?我是。 |
[25:53] | Right, in your own time, Mr Evans. | 是的,在你自己的时间,埃文斯先生。 |
[26:01] | Everyone, now I would like you all to run down the hill, | 各位,现在我希望你们都下山, |
[26:06] | touch the church gate, | 触摸教堂大门, |
[26:07] | turn around and run back up to school as quick as you can. | 转过身,尽快跑回学校。 |
[26:11] | Quick, go, go, all of you. | 快,走,走,你们所有人。 |
[26:12] | Mr Eyre? It’s a school photograph, Mr Eyre. | 爱先生?这是学校的照片,爱先生。 |
[26:14] | On you go. | 你走吧。 |
[26:18] | Tommy, we are going to run on the spot, come on. | 汤米,我们马上就跑,快点。 |
[26:21] | Quick, quick, quick, quick. | 快,快,快,快。 |
[26:23] | Children! Come back! | 孩子们!回来! |
[26:29] | This is not a sports day! | 今天不是运动日! |
[26:32] | Come on. Move it! | 来吧。快点! |
[26:36] | Back in your places. Stop, stop! | 回到你的位置。停下,停下! |
[26:40] | Quick as you can. Back in your same places, everyone. | 尽可能快。回到你们原来的地方,每个人。 |
[26:45] | And we are… jumping on the spot! | 我们是。。。当场跳! |
[26:48] | Jumping on the spot and… | 当场跳起。。。 |
[26:53] | Three, two, one. | 三,二,一。 |
[27:01] | What’s going to happen? | 会发生什么? |
[27:03] | About moles? Five mole catchers in five years. | 关于痣?五年里抓了五个鼹鼠。 |
[27:07] | What’s the matter with them? | 他们怎么了? |
[27:23] | Are you going to shoot them? | 你要开枪吗? |
[27:29] | Joe. Middleton. | 乔。米德尔顿。 |
[27:35] | Arriving without an invitation | 未经邀请抵达 |
[27:38] | and then talking to the waterman before she speaks to us. | 然后在水人跟我们说话之前跟她说话。 |
[27:41] | It’s as though she’s selling something. | 她好像在卖东西。 |
[27:44] | What are you selling? | 你在卖什么? |
[27:46] | The thing to do is rise above and pretend you haven’t noticed. | 你要做的就是高高在上,假装你没有注意到。 |
[27:50] | Then she won’t have the satisfaction she desires. | 那她就得不到她想要的满足了。 |
[27:53] | Good afternoon, Miss Lane. We were discussing the mole catcher problem. | 下午好,莱恩小姐。我们在讨论抓鼹鼠的问题。 |
[28:00] | Well, ask Joe. He’ll know. | 好吧,问问乔。他会知道的。 |
[28:02] | Joe? | 乔? |
[28:09] | Why do mole catchers die? | 为什么抓鼹鼠的人会死? |
[28:13] | Strychnine. | 士的宁。 |
[28:16] | Well, it gets on to your hands. | 好吧,它会传到你的手上。 |
[28:19] | And then you’re breathing it in and then, well, it’s in your blood. | 然后你把它吸进去,然后,好吧,它在你的血液里。 |
[28:23] | And then you die. | 然后你就死了。 |
[28:25] | What kind of a death? | 什么样的死亡? |
[28:30] | Great agony. | 非常痛苦。 |
[28:31] | Off you go, Joe. | 走吧,乔。 |
[29:03] | Did you see her when she got off the bus? | 她下车时你看见她了吗? |
[29:06] | Sucked-in waist like a man with a sour lollipop. | 像一个拿着酸棒棒糖的男人吸在腰上。 |
[29:16] | The doctor told us, after I had this one, | 医生告诉我们,我吃了这个之后, |
[29:18] | he said, “Your Henry may be small but he’s certainly fecund.” | 他说:“你的亨利可能很小,但他确实很胖。” |
[29:24] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[29:25] | Good seed, high yield. Henry the fecund, they call him. | 种子好,产量高。多产的亨利,他们叫他。 |
[29:30] | Shh. | 嘘。 |
[29:31] | It’s what a married woman’s for | 这是一个已婚女人的目的 |
[29:33] | in the eyes of the Lord, eh, Miss Lane? | 在上帝眼里,嗯,莱恩小姐? |
[29:36] | Birthing, begetting. | 生孩子,生孩子。 |
[29:39] | There’s been that bad winters my Henry said to me, | 我的亨利对我说,冬天很难熬, |
[29:42] | “Why don’t you have a couple of lambs instead of another baby?” | “你为什么不生一对小羊而不是另一个孩子呢?” |
[29:46] | Oh, yes. We’re good at begetting, us Bodens. | 哦,是的。我们擅长生孩子,我们博登。 |
[29:50] | My Paul will make a woman of you, Agnes, you can bank on that. | 我的保罗会让你成为一个女人,艾格尼丝,你可以相信。 |
[29:55] | I can’t find the soap. | 我找不到肥皂。 |
[29:57] | Oh, dear. | 哦,亲爱的。 |
[29:59] | What’s it like? Being married? | 感觉怎么样?结婚了? |
[30:02] | My mother gave me some advice when I was your age. | 我像你这么大的时候,妈妈给了我一些建议。 |
[30:05] | She said, “Look after your husband as well as you’re able, | 她说,“尽你所能照顾好你丈夫, |
[30:09] | “but if he’s not happy for reasons that you can’t understand, | “但如果他因为你不明白的原因而不高兴, |
[30:12] | “there’s always something you can do.” | “总有办法的。” |
[30:14] | What? | 什么? |
[30:15] | Mother him. | 他妈妈。 |
[30:21] | What can you see? | 你能看见什么? |
[30:22] | Nothing. | 没有什么。 |
[30:26] | Something halfway is about right. | 有些事半途而废。 |
[30:29] | A woman should be halfway between bustle and nothing. | 一个女人应该处于忙碌和虚无之间。 |
[30:33] | Should be? | 应该是? |
[30:36] | Does it matter how a woman looks? | 女人的长相重要吗? |
[30:40] | Norma’s being courted, Margaret. | 诺玛被追求了,玛格丽特。 |
[30:42] | Oh, is she now? | 哦,她现在在吗? |
[30:45] | Bert! What is it? | 伯特!这是怎么一回事? |
[30:51] | Bert? Bert! | 伯特?伯特! |
[30:54] | What can you see? | 你能看见什么? |
[31:12] | What is it? | 这是怎么一回事? |
[31:37] | Hey! Boy! | 嘿!小子! |
[31:38] | Get inside now. | 快进去。 |
[31:47] | Tell your mother what you were doing! | 告诉你妈妈你在干什么! |
[31:57] | No? | 不? |
[32:00] | I’ll tell her. | 我会告诉她的。 |
[32:05] | Stone picking for Rutter. | 为拉特采石。 |
[32:06] | This farm’s halfway dead because there’s no-one to work it, | 这个农场半死了,因为没人干活, |
[32:10] | and me own son stone picking for Rutter. | 还有我自己的儿子为拉特捡石头。 |
[32:15] | Lie down. What? On t’floor. | 躺下。什么?在地板上。 |
[32:21] | On your side. | 站在你这边。 |
[32:25] | What do you see? | 你看到了什么? |
[32:26] | The door. What else? | 把门关上。还有什么? |
[32:28] | John. | 厕所。 |
[32:30] | What else? | 还有什么? |
[32:31] | The floor. | 地板。 |
[32:34] | What about it? | 那怎么办? |
[32:41] | There’s a dip near the door. | 门附近有个坑。 |
[32:46] | And there’s a dip here… | 这里有一个凹陷。。。 |
[32:49] | near t’fire place, | 在火场附近, |
[32:51] | where five generations of this family have stood. | 这个家族的五代人都站在那里。 |
[32:55] | The highest point is under the table because the table has never moved | 最高点在桌子下面,因为桌子从未移动过 |
[32:59] | and no-one’s ever trodden on it under there. | 从没有人踩过它。 |
[33:02] | This is our floor. | 这是我们的楼层。 |
[33:09] | This is our farm. | 这是我们的农场。 |
[33:13] | And I will not let it go. | 我不会放过它。 |
[33:32] | Catch. | 接住。 |
[33:36] | Magnum Bonum. | 博纳姆大酒瓶。 |
[33:38] | It’s the name of the potato. | 这是土豆的名字。 |
[33:49] | Where are you off to? | 你要去哪里? |
[33:50] | I’m looking for elderberry. | 我在找接骨木。 |
[33:52] | You put it on the blinkers and the flies don’t like it. | 你戴上眼罩苍蝇就不喜欢了。 |
[33:55] | The horse. Big Molly. | 那匹马。大茉莉。 |
[33:58] | I could help. | 我可以帮忙。 |
[34:01] | If you want me to. | 如果你要我的话。 |
[34:13] | Can’t see any. | 什么也看不见。 |
[34:15] | Across the bridge. | 穿过桥。 |
[34:32] | Y’all right? | 你没事吧? |
[34:35] | Eh, look at you, Bert Middleton. In. | 呃,看看你,伯特·米德尔顿。在。 |
[34:38] | What’s the matter with ya? He’s your brother. | 你怎么了?他是你哥哥。 |
[34:42] | Come on, Bert. | 快点,伯特。 |
[34:52] | Get in! | 当选! |
[35:00] | Don’t know what you’re laughing at. | 不知道你在笑什么。 |
[35:05] | Now, did I ever tell you about the big flood? | 我有没有跟你说过那场大洪水? |
[35:09] | Yes, Mother. | 是的,妈妈。 |
[35:16] | Here y’are, look at them. | 给你,看看他们。 |
[35:24] | We might get dirty. | 我们可能会变脏。 |
[35:30] | British Bulldogs! | 英国斗牛犬! |
[35:36] | British Bulldogs, one, two three! | 英国斗牛犬,一,二,三! |
[35:53] | British Bulldogs, one, two, three! | 英国斗牛犬,一,二,三! |
[36:07] | British Bulldogs, one, two, three! | 英国斗牛犬,一,二,三! |
[36:31] | British Bulldogs, one, two, three! | 英国斗牛犬,一,二,三! |
[37:39] | Early for lunch. | 早点吃午饭。 |
[37:40] | Rise above, baby. | 站起来,宝贝。 |
[37:58] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你。 |
[38:03] | Are these Magnum Bonum? | 这些是万能的吗? |
[38:05] | I thought Magnum Bonum was the Home Secretary. | 我以为玛格南·博纳姆是内政大臣。 |
[38:12] | Are you a suffragist, Miss Lane? | 你是参政妇女吗,莱恩小姐? |
[38:15] | I’m a Suffragette, yes. | 我是参政妇女,是的。 |
[38:17] | Active? | 活跃的? |
[38:18] | Well, it wasn’t me who placed the bomb under the coronation chair, | 不是我把炸弹放在加冕礼椅下的, |
[38:22] | if that’s what you’re asking. | 如果你是问这个的话。 |
[38:24] | We all heard it in the House. McKenna was speaking… | 我们都在家里听到了。麦肯纳在说。。。 |
[38:27] | The Home Secretary. | 内政大臣。 |
[38:28] | And to his very great credit… No, thank you. | 值得称赞的是。。。不用了,谢谢。 |
[38:31] | He continued with his speech. | 他继续讲话。 |
[38:34] | Would you give such women the vote? | 你会给这些女人投票吗? |
[38:36] | Is she less worthy of the vote than the drunkard who has it now? | 她比现在的那个酒鬼更不值得投票吗? |
[38:40] | Or the wife beater who can vote? | 还是可以投票的打老婆者? |
[38:42] | Politics, politics. This is a home, not a public place. | 政治,政治。这是家,不是公共场所。 |
[38:47] | Is it? | 它是? |
[38:48] | Thank you. | 非常感谢。 |
[38:54] | In women alone rests the preservation of peace in the home. | 只有妇女才能在家中维护和平。 |
[38:58] | And it’s that peace which inspires work all across the Empire. | 正是这种和平激励着整个帝国的工作。 |
[39:03] | The Suffragettes are reckless and foolish. | 妇女参政权是鲁莽和愚蠢的。 |
[39:05] | Reckless and foolish. Like Miss Davison. | 鲁莽和愚蠢。像戴维森小姐。 |
[39:08] | Hm. | 嗯。 |
[39:09] | I admired Emily Davison. | 我钦佩艾米莉·戴维森。 |
[39:11] | And what is it you admired in her? | 你欣赏她什么? |
[39:13] | Her bravery. | 她的勇敢。 |
[39:15] | But courage isn’t always a virtue, | 但勇气并不总是美德, |
[39:17] | and the consequences of courage are not always virtuous. | 勇气的结果并不总是有道德的。 |
[39:21] | Does it serve your cause, I wonder? | 我想知道这对你的事业有用吗? |
[39:24] | I wonder. | 我想知道。 |
[39:26] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[39:28] | Well, should one give the vote to people who hurl themselves in front of horses? | 好吧,有人应该投票给那些在马前自投罗网的人吗? |
[39:33] | Drunkards and wife beaters, people who run in front of horses, | 酒鬼和打老婆的人,在马前面跑的人, |
[39:38] | you defeat your own argument, Miss Lane. | 你打败了你自己的论点,莱恩小姐。 |
[39:40] | But I do have you talking politics, Lady Allingham. | 但我知道你在谈论政治,阿林厄姆女士。 |
[39:43] | Miss Lane. Lady Allingham. | 莱恩小姐。阿林厄姆女士。 |
[39:47] | Emily Davison was an hysteric with an uncommon zeal | 艾米莉·戴维森是个歇斯底里的人,有着不同寻常的热情 |
[39:51] | for harming herself. | 因为伤害了她自己。 |
[39:53] | Martyrdom was her only aim in life. | 殉难是她人生的唯一目标。 |
[39:56] | And I for one am happy that she has satisfied her ambition. | 我个人很高兴她实现了自己的抱负。 |
[40:00] | But I have lost any interest I had in her because the attention | 但我已经对她失去了兴趣,因为 |
[40:04] | of all right thinking men, people, women, must be on what is coming. | 在所有有思想的男人中,人们,女人,都必须关注未来。 |
[40:11] | What is coming? | 接下来是什么? |
[40:16] | What is coming? | 接下来是什么? |
[40:19] | War, Caro. | 战争,卡罗。 |
[40:23] | War, baby. | 战争,宝贝。 |
[40:26] | What do we think of that? | 我们怎么看? |
[40:28] | Hey? What do you think of that? | 嘿?你觉得怎么样? |
[40:37] | Boot production. I have plans. | 启动生产。我有计划。 |
[40:40] | Oh, do you? | 哦,是吗? |
[40:44] | I’m going to make boots with flaps over the lace-holes | 我要做一双鞋,鞋带孔上有襟翼 |
[40:47] | and double tongues so no water can enter. | 双舌不进水。 |
[40:50] | I think three years would be the life of such a boot and then… | 我想三年就是这样一只靴子的生命然后。。。 |
[40:58] | at the end of the three years, we’d clump it. | 三年后,我们会把它聚在一起。 |
[41:01] | That’s another leather sole riveted on, | 那是另一个铆接的皮革鞋底, |
[41:05] | which would give the life of the boot another two years. | 这会让靴子的寿命再延长两年。 |
[41:07] | Oh, how interesting. Why are you telling us all this? | 哦,真有趣。你为什么告诉我们这些? |
[41:15] | Your opinion would be valuable to me. | 你的意见对我很有价值。 |
[41:19] | Oh, how, how valuable? | 哦,怎么,怎么值钱? |
[41:20] | I’ve been led to believe the business classes | 我被引导去相信商业阶层 |
[41:23] | have a reputation for straight talking, Mr Hankin. | 有直言不讳的名声,汉金先生。 |
[41:25] | Oh, politics and business, all in one lunchtime. | 哦,政治和商业,都在一个午餐时间。 |
[41:29] | I think it’s my fault, Lady Allingham. | 我想是我的错,阿林厄姆女士。 |
[41:31] | The men have followed our lead. | 这些人一直跟着我们。 |
[41:35] | She’s a Methodist, Atherton. They don’t. | 她是卫理公会教徒,阿瑟顿。他们没有。 |
[41:50] | All six of them plague victims, all under ten years old. | 他们六个都是瘟疫受害者,都不到十岁。 |
[41:53] | All died within three weeks of each other. | 他们都在三周内相继死亡。 |
[41:56] | July 1682. | 1682年7月。 |
[41:58] | Why are you showing me this? | 你为什么给我看这个? |
[42:00] | Herbert, Richard, Harold, Beatrice, Elizabeth and George. | 赫伯特,理查德,哈罗德,比阿特丽斯,伊丽莎白和乔治。 |
[42:05] | Another George. | 另一个乔治。 |
[42:06] | They’re my family. | 他们是我的家人。 |
[42:11] | We belong here. | 我们属于这里。 |
[42:15] | Why up here? | 为什么在这里? |
[42:17] | No burials in the churchyard. | 不要在教堂墓地举行葬礼。 |
[42:18] | They thought the dead could contaminate the living. | 他们认为死人会污染活人。 |
[42:23] | She carried her dead children up here to put them in the ground. | 她把死去的孩子抱到这里来埋在地里。 |
[42:27] | That picture… | 那张照片。。。 |
[42:32] | It’s in all of my dreams. | 在我所有的梦里。 |
[42:58] | Who? | 谁? |
[43:00] | George Allingham. Alone. | 乔治·阿林厄姆。一个人。 |
[43:04] | Kissing. | 接吻。 |
[43:15] | Father? Father? | 父亲?父亲? |
[43:23] | Father. | 父亲。 |
[43:31] | Is the bank holiday over? | 银行假期结束了吗? |
[43:37] | Yes, it is. | 是的,是的。 |
[44:27] | We might get dirty. | 我们可能会变脏。 |
[44:44] | All pals together, Paul says. | 所有的朋友在一起,保罗说。 |
[44:48] | And Joe? | 乔呢? |
[44:50] | Yes. | 对。 |
[45:02] | Can I listen? | 我能听吗? |
[45:13] | Arnold Hankin proposed to me. | 阿诺德汉金向我求婚。 |
[45:15] | No. No! Have you said yes? | 不,不!你答应了吗? |
[45:17] | I told him I’d give him the answer tomorrow. | 我告诉他我明天给他答案。 |
[45:20] | He’s an ambitious man, Mr Hankin. | 他是个野心勃勃的人,汉金先生。 |
[45:22] | You’ll want to be careful, Martha. | 你得小心点,玛莎。 |
[45:24] | You don’t want to end up one of the great un-enjoyed. | 你不想成为一个不受欢迎的伟大人物。 |
[45:34] | Whoa! | 哇! |
[45:46] | Can I listen? | 我能听吗? |
[45:51] | To what? | 为了什么? |
[45:52] | To what? | 为了什么? |
[45:54] | Your belly. | 你的肚子。 |
[45:55] | Why? | 为什么? |
[45:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[46:17] | How will he fare in his old man’s chair if he doesn’t have a go? | 如果他不试一试,他坐在老人的椅子上会怎么样? |
[46:21] | What’s that? That’s not you. | 那是什么?那不是你。 |
[46:24] | Where the bloody hell did you pick that up? | 你他妈的从哪弄来的? |
[46:27] | We can… | 我们可以。。。 |
[46:28] | We can… what, Grace? | 我们可以。。。什么,格蕾丝? |
[46:31] | He goes and you with another baby on t’way. | 他带着另一个孩子走了。 |
[46:50] | Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe. Joe. Joe. | 乔,乔,乔,乔。乔。乔。 |
[46:53] | Joe. | 乔。 |
[46:55] | I can’t bear it if you’re not free. | 如果你没空我受不了。 |
[46:58] | Please. | 拜托。 |
[47:01] | What am I if I can’t give that to you? | 如果我不能给你我该怎么办? |
[47:05] | Don’t you see? | 你没看见吗? |
[47:08] | My lovely boy. | 我可爱的孩子。 |
[47:10] | Please. For me. | 拜托。为了我。 |
[47:15] | I want you to go. | 我要你走。 |
[47:45] | Joe! | 乔! |
[48:09] | Shoes off, please, sir. | 请脱鞋,先生。 |
[48:17] | Under. | 在下面。 |
[48:20] | Excuse me… Next! | 请原谅我。。。下一个! |
[48:25] | Shoes off. | 脱下鞋子。 |
[48:34] | Thank you. | 非常感谢。 |
[48:38] | Next! | 下一个! |
[48:41] | It wouldn’t be right for the school if we were to both volunteer, so… | 如果我们都是志愿者的话,对学校来说是不对的,所以。。。 |
[48:45] | Morning, sir. | 早上好,先生。 |
[48:46] | I won’t stand in your way. | 我不会妨碍你的。 |
[48:48] | Morning, sir. Morning. | 早上好,先生。早晨。 |
[48:51] | After all, you are the… younger man. | 毕竟,你是。。。年轻人。 |
[48:57] | Morning, sir. | 早上好,先生。 |
[48:59] | Middleton. | 米德尔顿。 |
[49:03] | Who can tell me, what did the Viking invader come in? Anyone? | 谁能告诉我,维京入侵者是怎么进来的?有人吗? |
[49:13] | Tommy? Ships, sir. | 汤米?船,长官。 |
[49:17] | No. | 不。 |
[49:21] | Alf? | 阿尔夫? |
[49:23] | Dreadnoughts, sir? | 无畏,长官? |
[49:27] | No. Anyone else? | 不,还有人吗? |
[49:32] | Gilbert. Longboats, sir. | 吉尔伯特。长船,长官。 |
[49:35] | No. | 不。 |
[49:45] | They came in anger. | 他们愤怒地来了。 |
[49:59] | And what did they do when they got here? | 他们来的时候做了什么? |
[50:02] | They pillaged. | 他们抢劫。 |
[50:04] | They burnt our villages. What did they do to our women? | 他们烧毁了我们的村庄。他们对我们的女人做了什么? |
[50:12] | They took their honour. | 他们夺走了自己的荣誉。 |
[50:17] | Get home. Get home now! | 回家吧。快回家! |
[50:37] | Mildew! It’s all ruined! | 霉!都毁了! |
[50:42] | Ruined! | 毁了! |
[53:23] | Right, lads. Right, mate. | 好的,伙计们。好的,伙计。 |
[53:29] | Good luck, our George! | 祝你好运,我们的乔治! |
[53:48] | Come with me. | 跟我来。 |
[54:50] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗? |
[54:53] | Yes. | 对。 |
[55:11] | You proved you can write, when you want to. | 你证明了你可以随时写作。 |
[55:42] | Hit me instead, please, sir. | 请打我,先生。 |
[55:53] | Sir? Please? | 先生?拜托? |
[55:54] | Shhh. | 嘘。 |
[57:20] | Middleton! | 米德尔顿! |
[57:24] | Joe! | 乔! |
[57:29] | Look, it’s a German dog. Get it. | 看,这是一只德国狗。了解了。 |
[57:32] | Get it. It’s a German dog. Get it. | 了解了。它是一只德国狗。了解了。 |
[57:37] | Stop! Joe! Stop! | 住手!乔!住手! |
[57:42] | Stop! | 住手! |
[57:44] | Get it! | 了解了! |
[57:45] | Stop! Stop! | 住手!住手! |
[58:06] | There he is. | 他来了。 |
[58:11] | It’s as if you were there. | 好像你在那儿。 |
[58:18] | There he is. That’s how he looked. | 他来了。他看起来就是这样。 |
[58:23] | It’s as if you were there. | 好像你在那儿。 |