时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | Ah, it’s not breathing. Come on! | 哦 它没呼吸了 快点 |
[00:50] | Straw. | 稻草 |
[00:57] | It’s clear. | 清干净了 |
[00:59] | Keep trying! | 继续啊 |
[01:01] | Come on, come on… | 快点 快点 |
[01:22] | Yes! | 真棒 |
[01:23] | See! | 看到没 |
[01:27] | New life. | 新生命 |
[01:35] | Get milk on cart, son. | 儿子 把牛奶拿到马车上 |
[01:37] | Or we’ll miss six o’clock train. | 否则我们会错过六点的火车 |
[01:41] | ‘Every day without fail, | 每天都如此 从不间断 |
[01:43] | ‘the six o’clock train had to be caught.’ | 必须赶上六点的火车 |
[01:46] | ‘Miss the train and the dairy | 错过火车 牛奶场就会 |
[01:47] | would drop us and the farm would go under. | 与我们断绝联系 农场就会破产 |
[01:50] | ‘We’d be finished.’ | 我们就完了 |
[01:55] | Go. | 走 |
[01:56] | Go on, Molly! | 继续 莫利 |
[02:08] | ‘Faster!’ | 再快点 |
[02:13] | ‘Faster!’ | 再快点 |
[02:14] | Go faster, come on! | 再快点 快 |
[02:21] | ‘For five years, since the end of the war, | 距离战争结束已经五年了 |
[02:24] | ‘my generation had been looking over their shoulders | 我这一代人一直回视着 |
[02:27] | ‘at the ghosts of older brothers who would always be young.’ | 虽然已经去世但永远年轻的哥哥们的灵魂 |
[02:42] | ‘But up ahead calling me on | 但前方一直在召唤我 |
[02:44] | ‘there was my own life begging to be lived.’ | 我的生活只求生存 |
[02:58] | You’re very… muddy. | 你身上都是泥巴 |
[03:14] | Sometimes… | 有的时候 |
[03:19] | I hear him, Bert. | 我听说过他 伯特 |
[03:22] | And I think he’s not dead. | 并且我以为他没死 |
[03:26] | Is that foolish? | 这很愚蠢吗 |
[03:32] | My lovely boy. | 我可爱的男孩 |
[03:34] | “Make a better world,” He said. | 他说 创造一个更好的世界 |
[04:01] | Some people have saints for protection. | 有些人有贵人保护 |
[04:03] | I’ll take Joe. | 我会带着乔的照片的 |
[04:07] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[04:28] | God go with you, Bert Middleton. | 上帝和你同在 伯特 米德尔顿 |
[04:37] | Go on, lad! | 继续 小伙子 |
[05:04] | You call that driving?! | 你那叫开车吗 |
[05:10] | Look. It’s the hare! | 看 野兔 |
[05:12] | No-one’s ever done it, Bert. I’ll be the first, then. Right! | 从没有人完成它 伯特 那我将会是第一个 没错 |
[05:17] | The hounds are here, sir. | 猎犬在这里 先生 |
[05:25] | Thanks for coming. | 感谢你的到来 |
[05:26] | I think you’ll enjoy the day. | 我想你会好好享受这一天的 |
[05:28] | Lord Allingham. | 阿林汉姆大人 |
[06:05] | Every visitor to this house is in here, without exception. | 这个屋子的每个参观者名字都在这上 无一例外 |
[06:11] | My father insisted. | 我父亲坚持这样做 |
[06:13] | “It’s history,” He said. | 这是历史 他说 |
[06:16] | When he died, he was living in three rooms. | 他死的时候 他住在三间屋子里 |
[06:23] | I promised him I’d make it happy again. | 我向他保证过我给这里重新带来欢乐 |
[06:28] | We carry on. | 我们坚持做下去 |
[07:13] | He frightens the servants. | 他让仆人感到害怕 |
[07:14] | He frightens the Prime Minister. He owns half of Fleet Street | 他让首相都感到害怕 他拥有半条佛里特街 |
[07:18] | and he’s the fixer in the party, mother. | 他是政党中的暗中操控者 母亲 |
[07:20] | Make him happy. | 取悦他 |
[07:21] | You make me sound like a common prostitute. | 你让我听起来像个妓女 |
[07:23] | Just do what you do best. | 只是尽可能做到最好 |
[07:25] | And what’s that? Host. | 怎么做 尽地主之仪 |
[07:28] | Never trust a man who sleeps with | 不要相信一个睡在身上毛 |
[07:30] | anything hairier than a greyhound, Polly. | 比灰狗还多的东西旁的男人 波莉 |
[07:33] | Good morning, Lord Kilmartin. Good morning, Lady Allingham. | 早上好 吉尔马丁 早上好 阿林汉姆夫人 |
[07:35] | I can’t tell you how delighted I am | 你不知道我多高兴 |
[07:37] | that you’re here on this day, of all days. | 因为今天你的驾到 |
[07:40] | I wish you would. | 希望如此 |
[07:43] | I am delighted that you’re here on this day of all days. | 我很高兴今天你能光临 |
[07:47] | You’re a fascinating woman. | 你真迷人 |
[07:49] | And you’re a married man, Lord Kilmartin. | 你已经是人夫了 吉尔马丁大人 |
[07:52] | Now, the pressing question is… | 现在 最要紧的事就是 |
[07:57] | ..How do you like your sausage? | 你喜欢香肠吗 |
[07:58] | Hmm… | 嗯 |
[08:04] | Please. | 请 |
[08:21] | I’ll show you the steps. | 我给你表演一下舞步 |
[08:34] | George. | 乔治 |
[08:36] | Dancing before breakfast? My, my! | 早餐之前来段舞 噢 棒极了 |
[08:41] | Come and dance with your wife! | 来和你的妻子跳支舞吧 |
[08:49] | May I have this dance? | 我可以请你跳舞吗 |
[08:54] | A week ago, I saw a small boy | 一周前 我看见一个小男孩 |
[08:56] | put his finger in an electric light socket. | 把他的手指放进电灯插座里 |
[08:59] | The shock threw him clean across the room. | 电击把他抛起穿过屋子 |
[09:01] | When he got up, he was screaming with laughter. | 当他起身时 他惊声尖笑 |
[09:04] | Electricity, Einstein, jazz – anything is possible. So? | 电流 爱因斯坦 爵士乐 任何事都有可能 所以 |
[09:08] | This is the most important election this country has ever had. | 这是这个国家有史以来最重要的选举 |
[09:11] | Lord Kilmartin’s here because he wants YOU! | 吉尔马丁在这是因为他认定你 |
[09:14] | You play it right today, you’ll be the next Home Secretary. | 你今天表现的好 那你将是下一届的内政大臣 |
[09:21] | Happy day. | 大家日安 |
[09:23] | It’s been 15 years and there have been times | 已经十五年了 很多次我都认为 |
[09:26] | when I thought this would never happen again. | 这再也不会发生 |
[09:29] | So, God bless you all. | 所以 上帝保佑你们 |
[09:31] | For those new to this day, a very warm Allingham welcome. | 为了今天新来的客人 一个非常温暖的阿林汉姆式的欢迎 |
[09:36] | Now there’s a hymn that we used to sing. | 有一首我们经常唱的赞美诗 |
[09:39] | Hymns don’t change, do they? | 赞美诗没有改变 是吧 |
[09:40] | So, please, join in with me. | 因此 请和我一起 |
[09:45] | # I fear no foe | 我害怕没有反对者 |
[09:49] | # With Thee at hand to bless | 和你一起祝福 |
[09:53] | # Ills have no weight | 我没有砝码 |
[09:58] | # And tears no bitterness | 眼泪没有怨恨 |
[10:03] | # Where is death’s sting? | 死亡刺痛哪儿 |
[10:07] | # Where, grave, thy victory? | 哪儿 墓穴 你的胜利 |
[10:12] | # I triumph still | 我还是成功了 |
[10:15] | #If Thou abide with me. | 你与我同在 |
[10:20] | The runner. | 躲藏者 |
[10:29] | Handkerchief? | 围巾 |
[10:31] | We’ll need the scent. | 我们需要这上面的气味 |
[10:34] | Shirt. Take it off. | 把衬衫脱了 |
[10:46] | England un-perfumed. | 味无芬芳的英格兰 |
[10:48] | Breathe deeply – the Middle Ages. | 深呼吸 中世纪 |
[10:52] | Burdock, barley, | 牛蒡 大麦 |
[10:54] | nose of pig’s breath, dog’s tongue, perhaps? | 猪鼻子 狗舌头 可能是吗 |
[10:58] | And… Oh, yes… | 哦 是的 |
[11:00] | Ancient peasant bitterness. | 古老的乡下人的苦味 |
[11:04] | It was my brothers’ shirt. | 它是我兄弟的衬衣 |
[11:07] | He’s dead. He died. | 他死了 他去世了 |
[11:08] | Whilst wearing it, by the looks. | 从外观来看 看来你是经常穿着的了 |
[11:10] | The rules – you have a ten minute start. | 规则如下 开始后你有十分钟的时间 |
[11:13] | The horn blows when we begin the chase. | 当喇叭一吹响 我们就开始追逐 |
[11:15] | You must stay on Allingham | 你必须待在阿林汉姆地界上 |
[11:16] | land or within the boundaries of the village | 或待在村庄的边界范围内 |
[11:18] | and you must not step inside any house, you understand? | 你不能进任何屋子 明白吗 |
[11:21] | If you survive and you’re still free | 如果你活下来并且没被抓住的话 |
[11:23] | when the horn blows again at one o’clock you win. How much? | 当喇叭在一点钟再次吹响时 你就赢了 多少钱 |
[11:26] | A pound. | 一磅 |
[11:29] | And if you allow yourself to be caught by Lord Kilmartin | 如果你在一点差三分时候 被吉尔马丁大人抓住的话 |
[11:32] | at three minutes to one, after a good morning’s sport, | 那么在晨练后 |
[11:35] | I’ll still give you a pound. Why? | 我还是会给你一磅 为什么 |
[11:38] | You wouldn’t understand. | 你不会懂的 |
[11:41] | Up the stakes. | 再加点赌注 |
[11:42] | He’ll pay you two pounds if you survive the morning. | 他会付你两磅如果你能存活到早晨 |
[11:45] | Won’t you, Allingham? Incentive is everything. | 你觉得呢 阿林汉姆 够刺激才是王道 |
[11:48] | Of course. But, if he’s caught, he’ll do everything I ask of him | 当然 但是 如果他被抓住了 在余下的时间里 |
[11:52] | for the rest of the day. | 他将听命于我 |
[11:56] | Five pounds. Bert… | 五磅 伯特 |
[12:03] | You’ll be mine. | 你将是我的 |
[12:12] | I can’t stay here. | 我不能呆在这 |
[12:23] | I like it here. | 我喜欢这氛围 |
[12:39] | Go. | 走 |
[12:47] | Run, Bert! | 跑呀 伯特 |
[13:09] | Now! | 现在 |
[13:27] | Towards the stream! | 朝着溪流 |
[13:47] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[13:49] | There’s a job in Sheffield, for a photography assistant. | 在谢菲尔德有份摄影助理的工作 |
[13:52] | And, if I win today, it’s enough to set me up wi’ lodgings | 如果我今天赢了 我就够去租个房了 |
[13:55] | and everything. What if they catch you? Bert? | 如果他们抓住你怎么办 伯特 |
[14:00] | You won’t let ’em. | 你不会让他们得逞的 |
[14:07] | This smells terrible. | 闻起来很糟糕 |
[14:13] | Go. Go! | 走 走 |
[15:06] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[15:12] | Find him, boy! | 找到他 伙计们 |
[16:08] | New calf – hour ago. | 新出生的小牛 一小时之前 |
[16:11] | You should have thought of that. | 你应该想到的 |
[16:17] | Give me another week. | 再给我一周时间 |
[16:20] | Responsibility, Middleton. | 有点担当吧 米德尔顿 |
[16:23] | I rented you the cowshed, | 我租给了你牛棚 |
[16:24] | we agreed the three pounds monthly rent. | 都说好了每月三英镑的租金 |
[16:27] | You haven’t paid it, so I’m taking it back. | 可你没交 所以我要收回了 |
[16:30] | Your fault if the calf dies, not mine. | 如果小牛死了 那是你的错 不是我的 |
[16:36] | Get your animals out of my cowshed now, please. | 请你现在把你的动物弄出我的牛棚 |
[16:51] | It’s not him. | 这不是他 |
[16:59] | Where is he? WHERE IS HE? | 他在哪儿 他在哪儿 |
[17:03] | Go! Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go… | 快走 快走快走快走快走 |
[17:25] | Go on. Walk on. Go on. | 快走 接着走 走啊 |
[17:56] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[18:04] | Faster! | 快点儿 |
[18:06] | Faster! Faster! | 快 快点儿啊 |
[18:08] | Get down here. | 到这下面来 |
[18:15] | Oi, you, get up! | 喂 你 起来 |
[18:17] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿啊 |
[18:19] | Who the hell are you? | 你又是谁 |
[18:25] | -What did you do that for? -Shut up! I asked you a question! | -你为什么这么做 -闭嘴 我问你个问题 |
[18:31] | Are you deaf, boy? | 你是聋子吗 孩子 |
[18:35] | Sorry, wrong word. Nigger. | 抱歉 说错了 黑鬼 |
[18:38] | Say that again. | 再说一遍 |
[18:40] | Answer him! | 回答他 |
[18:48] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[18:49] | Up there, look! There he is! It’s him! | 在上面 看啊 他在哪儿 是他 |
[18:52] | Come on. | 快来 |
[19:01] | It feels like when you proposed to me. | 感觉就像你向我求婚的时候 |
[19:04] | Do you remember? | 还记得吗 |
[19:08] | Wind blew your cap off just as you were about to… | 风把你的帽子吹掉了 就在你正要 |
[19:10] | He’s taking cowshed back, young Rutter. | 他把牛棚收回了 小拉特 |
[19:14] | -He’s twice the bastard his father ever was. -Why? | -他比他的父亲要混蛋多了 -为什么 |
[19:18] | We owe him rent. | 我们欠他租金 |
[19:19] | -Well, where we going to do the milking? -In field. | -嗯 我们去哪儿挤奶呢 -在田野里 |
[19:22] | What, twice a day?! In winter, John?! | 什么 一天两次吗 在冬天吗 约翰 |
[19:24] | Well, we’ll just have to get up earlier and go to bed later. | 嗯 我们只是要早起一点 晚睡一点 |
[19:29] | And work every hour that God sends. | 然后用上帝给的每个小时工作 |
[19:31] | You have prayed every day for eight years. What does he want? | 八年来你每天都祈祷 他到底要什么 |
[19:36] | How much more are you going to give him for nothing in return?! | 你一无所得却还要继续付出 |
[19:43] | Something’s got to change, | 事情一定会改变的 |
[19:44] | John, and it’s us that’ve got to do it. | 约翰 要这么做的是我们 |
[19:47] | Is the calf going to die? | 小牛会死吗 |
[19:52] | Let’s get her up into field. | 咱们把她带到田野里吧 |
[19:53] | Her best chance is to be with her mother, | 她最好和她妈妈在一起 |
[19:56] | get first 12 hours of milk to protect her from diseases. | 喝到前十二小时的初乳以免得病 |
[19:59] | And then, if she survives, we might bottle-feed her inside. | 之后 如果她活下来了 我们可以在屋里用奶瓶喂她 |
[20:03] | Father won’t let her die. | 父亲不会让她死的 |
[20:07] | You picked it up – my cap. | 你捡起来了 我的帽子 |
[20:12] | You put it back on my head… | 你把帽子给我戴上 |
[20:15] | and then you said yes. | 然后你说 是的 |
[20:23] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[20:38] | There he is! | 他在那儿 |
[20:47] | Come on! | 快来 |
[20:49] | We’re on him. | 我们就要抓到他了 |
[22:39] | -Oh! Sorry, sir. -Out of my way, damn you! | -噢 先生 抱歉 -让开 该死的 |
[23:06] | Got ya! | 你跑不了了 |
[23:14] | He might do it. | 他也许能做到 |
[23:17] | 130 years and a hare has never survived. | 130年了 野兔从来没有幸存过 |
[23:28] | Where is he? Where is he!? | 他在哪儿 他在哪儿 |
[24:20] | You should have stopped for a wash in bath house, Bert. | 你应该停下来在浴室洗个澡的 伯特 |
[24:24] | Eh, remember that time looking through roof? How old were we? | 嗯 记得透过屋顶偷看的时光吗 那是我们多大 |
[24:27] | 12 and a half. | 12岁半 |
[24:28] | -Who were you looking at? -Nobody. Who were you looking at, Bert? | -你在看什么 -谁也没看 你在看谁 伯特 |
[24:32] | That’s the thing about the past, isn’t it? | 那是过去的事了 不是吗 |
[24:35] | Every time you look, there’s more of it. | 每次你看的时候 都会有更多的 |
[24:39] | So profound. He’s so profound. | 深刻 他真是思想深刻 |
[24:41] | You know, you could be a teacher. | 你知道的 你可以做老师的 |
[24:44] | What do you miss most about childhood? | 你最怀念童年的什么 |
[24:46] | Singing. There were more singing. | 歌声 曾经有更多的歌声 |
[24:50] | My mother used to wash our hair in beer – me and Joe. | 母亲曾经用啤酒给我们洗头 我和乔伊 |
[25:01] | He’d have been proud of you. | 他会很为你骄傲的 |
[25:18] | # As I was going to Darby Upon a market day | #我拿着钞票去了市场 |
[25:22] | # I saw the biggest ram, sir That ever was fed on hay | #我看到了最大的公羊呀 是用干草喂的 |
[25:26] | #It’s a lie, it’s a lie It’s a lie, a lie, | #是个谎言 是个谎言 是个谎言 |
[25:28] | Did you win? | 你赢了吗 |
[25:35] | No. He cheated! | 不 他作弊了 |
[25:39] | Cheated? | 作弊了 |
[25:40] | Went into a village woman’s front room, against all the rules. | 进入了一个村妇的前室 违反了所有规定 |
[25:47] | Well, that’s good, then. The hounds win again. | 嗯 那很好 那么 追猎者又赢了 |
[25:50] | -What’s for lunch? -Trout. | -午饭吃什么 -鲑鱼 |
[25:57] | Bert cheated? | 伯特作弊了吗 |
[26:00] | You heard what the man said, Martha. | 你听到那个人怎么说了 玛莎 |
[26:09] | Cheating, lies, ladies’ front rooms? | 欺骗 谎言 女士的前室 |
[26:11] | Kilmartin has a talent for all three! I’m sorry? | 基尔马丁有这全部三种的天赋 |
[26:14] | Lord Chater was concerned when Kilmartin | 当基尔马丁向他女儿求婚时 |
[26:16] | asked for his daughter’s hand, | 蔡特勋爵很担心 |
[26:17] | that he was after political advancement. | 以为基尔马丁是为了政治目的这么做的 |
[26:20] | He was wrong. He was after his whole family! | 他错了 他是瞄准了他的整个家庭 |
[26:23] | Which member of the family was he actually… | 到底是哪个家庭成员 |
[26:26] | He’s actually fucking his wife, his wife’s cousin | 他事实上上了他的妻子 妻子的表妹 |
[26:28] | and his stepdaughter-in-law! | 和他继子的妻子 |
[26:33] | Chater doesn’t know. | 蔡特勋爵不知道 |
[26:34] | What kind of a man is he? | 他到底是什么样的人 |
[26:36] | Half a day, Allingham, one afternoon. | 半天 阿林厄姆 一个下午 |
[26:39] | Keep him smiling and your career is launched. | 让他保持微笑 你的职业生涯就会腾飞 |
[26:49] | Hold. Hold her, hold her. | 抓住她 抓住她 |
[27:02] | And another thing, Albert Einstein. | 还有件事 阿尔伯特 爱因斯坦 |
[27:06] | Who? | 谁 |
[27:07] | Time is not what it used to be. | 不再是以前的那个时代了 |
[27:09] | It’s not a constant against which we can all measure everything. | 这不是我们能用来衡量一切的常数 |
[27:13] | It is relative. | 它是相对的 |
[27:15] | So we’re on our own, all of us. | 所以我们只能靠自己 我们每个人 |
[27:17] | What are you on about? What’s he on about? | 你要说什么 他在说些什么 |
[27:20] | He’s saying it’s important to leave your mark. | 他说重要的是要留下自己的印记 |
[27:35] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[27:37] | I’ve won five pounds. | 我赢了五英镑 |
[27:40] | Mother! | 妈妈 |
[27:42] | -Have you got it? -Promised me. | -你拿到了么 -承诺给我了 |
[27:46] | Tell her. | 告诉她 |
[27:50] | I’ve won five pounds. | 我赢了五英镑 |
[27:55] | It’s his money. | 是他的钱 |
[27:58] | It’s your money, Bert. | 是你的钱 伯特 |
[28:37] | How much do we owe Rutter? | 我们欠拉特多少钱 |
[28:40] | Three pounds. | 三英镑 |
[28:44] | No, it’s too late. | 不 太晚了 |
[28:47] | -When’s rent due? -Today. | -租期什么时候到期 -今天 |
[28:51] | Well, today’s not over, is it? | 嗯 今天还没结束 对吧 |
[29:11] | Jacket off. | 脱下夹克 |
[29:14] | A man of the people doesn’t feel the cold. | 民有的男人不会觉得冷 |
[29:37] | The State Opening of Parliament, the King’s Speech, | 国会开幕典礼 国王的演讲 |
[29:41] | Christmas morning, my own birthday, | 圣诞早晨 我自己的生日 |
[29:43] | I’d give them all up for this special day in our village. | 我愿意放弃掉所有这些以换取我们村子这一特殊的日子 |
[29:47] | -For 300 years, an Allingham… -He reminds me of my father. | -300来 一位阿林汉姆 -他让我想起我父亲 |
[29:51] | ..Has stood where I now | 站在了我站的地方 |
[29:52] | stand and kept this wonderful tradition alive. | 让这个美好的传统继续流传 |
[29:55] | We’ve been away for a while, we all have, and we’ve been tested, | 我们一度远离这里 我们都是 我们一度被考验 |
[29:58] | but we have come through and today, today marks the return of | 但我们通过了考验 而今天 今天标志着 |
[30:02] | that English way of life we’ve all been fighting for. | 我们为之奋战的英式生活的回归 |
[30:09] | Thank you. Enjoy the day. Box well. | 谢谢 享受着一天 祝好 |
[30:20] | Thank you for coming along. Thank you. Lovely to see you. | 感谢你们来 谢谢 很高兴见到你们 |
[30:26] | My name’s Bill Gibby. | 我叫比利吉比 |
[30:28] | And I want to ask two questions: | 我想问两个问题 |
[30:32] | Who am I? Who are you? | 我是谁 你是谁 |
[30:36] | And try to answer them both. | 试着把两个问题都回答了 |
[30:40] | I’m an outsider here. But I know this country. | 在这里我是局外人 但我知道这个国家 |
[30:44] | “The lung” Us townsfolk call the place | 肺脏 我们市民是这么称呼这个地方的 |
[30:46] | you’re fortunate enough to call home. | 你们很幸运地把这个地方叫做家 |
[30:48] | And I used to come up here every Sunday. | 我曾每周日来这儿 |
[30:52] | It was my coming up for air, | 我是为了这里的空气来的 |
[30:54] | for the six years I spent mining coal. | 我花了6年挖矿 |
[30:58] | Then I had another four years | 之后我又花了4年 |
[31:00] | digging under the German lines to set explosives. | 在德国的线路下挖土设置爆炸物 |
[31:03] | Has it been a tough life? Maybe. | 这种生活艰难吗 也许 |
[31:07] | Do I feel sorry for meself? Not a bit of it. | 我觉得我自己悲惨吗 一点也不 |
[31:11] | Cos if there’s one thing I know, | 因为我知道一件事 |
[31:14] | it’s that none of us will be free | 我们不会获得真正的自由 |
[31:17] | until we stop thinking of | 除非我们自己 |
[31:19] | ourselves as victims and become masters… | 不再视自己为受害者 |
[31:23] | – and mistresses – of our own lives and our own futures. | -和情人 -并成为自己生命和未来的主人 |
[31:33] | Here’s a poem. | 这有一首诗 |
[31:36] | Men of England, heirs of Glory | 英国人 荣誉的传人 |
[31:41] | Heroes of unwritten story | 未来故事里的英雄 |
[31:46] | Nurslings of one mighty Mother | 伟大母亲的后裔 |
[31:49] | Hopes of her, and one another | 她的希望 互为希冀 |
[31:51] | Rise like Lions after slumber | 像雄狮一般苏醒崛起 |
[31:54] | In unvanquishable number | 不可征服的一群勇士 |
[31:57] | Shake your chains to earth like dew | 像抖掉露珠般 |
[31:59] | Which in sleep had fallen on you – | 抖落你沉睡时被套上的枷锁 |
[32:04] | Ye are many – they are few. | 你们千万人 他们一小撮 |
[32:11] | Shelley has the answer to my questions. | 雪莉能为我解答 |
[32:15] | Who am I? Who are you? | 我是谁 你是谁 |
[32:19] | We are one! | 我们是一体的 |
[32:21] | And together, we are unvanquishable! | 团结一致 我们便所向无敌 |
[32:40] | Well said, sir. Very well done. | 说得好 先生 干得漂亮 |
[32:45] | Here from the deepest jungle of the darkest continent | 来自暗黑大陆的丛林最深处 |
[32:52] | for you to pit your best men against. | 为你挑选最佳勇士 |
[32:56] | Who has the courage to take on | 谁有勇气来接受挑战 |
[33:00] | Savage Africa? | 萨维奇 阿菲利加 |
[33:08] | 153 fights undefeated. | 153场比赛的不败神话 |
[33:13] | Who will be the first man to beat Savage Africa? | 谁会是第一个击败萨维奇 阿菲利加的人呢 |
[33:17] | Go and get your money. | 上 去赢走你的钱 |
[33:21] | Who’s first? | 谁会是第一个 |
[33:22] | Survive a round and win… A pound! | 能打上一回合 赢得 一英镑 |
[33:29] | Our first contender, step right up. | 我们的第一位挑战者 站起来吧 |
[33:34] | Give him a round of applause, everyone. | 大家掌声鼓励 |
[33:49] | You cheated. | 你作弊 |
[33:55] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:16] | Bert? | 伯特 |
[34:20] | They said I cheated. | 他们说我作弊 |
[34:23] | -But you didn’t. -No! | -但你没有 -当然没有 |
[34:25] | So? | 所以 |
[34:27] | Lord Kilmartin, Edmund Allingham, me and you? Forget it! | 一边基尔马丁勋爵 艾德蒙 阿林汉姆 一边是我和你 算了吧 |
[34:37] | I was boxing champ in the army, you know. | 在军队里我可是拳击冠军 |
[34:41] | There’s something I want you to do for me. | 我要你帮我做点事 |
[34:46] | How much? | 多少? |
[35:17] | One, two, three, four, five, | 一 二 三 四 五 |
[35:22] | six, seven, eight, nine, | 六 七 八 九 |
[35:26] | ten. It’s over. | 十 比赛结束 |
[35:52] | Our calf will die of cold | 如果把牛犊留在田里一整夜的话 |
[35:54] | if she’s left out in the field all night. | 牛犊会被冻死的 |
[35:57] | I… I know you don’t like my husband, or our family, | 我知道你不喜欢我丈夫 或者我们全家 |
[36:03] | but PLEASE can we have the cowshed tonight? | 但是 求求你 今晚让我们用一下牛棚好吗 |
[36:09] | If I give you extra time, what will it be next week? | 如果我给你加时的话,下星期又会是怎样 |
[36:15] | You can’t go on like this. | 你不能一直这样 |
[36:19] | I think that’s why you’re here. | 我想这也是你会在这里的原因 |
[36:28] | The calf needs warmth. | 小牛需要温暖 |
[36:31] | So do I. | 我也需要 |
[36:33] | -Sorry, but I don’t understand… -Yes, you do. | -抱歉 我听不懂 -不 你懂的 |
[36:36] | Why didn’t your husband | 为什么不是你的丈夫来找我 |
[36:37] | come to see me if it weren’t on your mind? | 如果你没有这个意思的话 |
[36:43] | It’s an offer. | 这是一个邀请 |
[37:18] | I saw him last Saturday up at Bolsover Colliery. | 上个星期六我在博尔索佛见过他 |
[37:21] | 15 miners one after the other and he put them all down. | 15名矿工一个接着一个上 他把他们都击倒了 |
[37:26] | Who is next? | 下一个是谁 |
[37:27] | Survive a round and win a pound! | 打赢一回合并赢得一英镑 |
[37:32] | Men of England, are you lions or lambs? | 英格兰人 是狮子还是羔羊 |
[37:37] | All right, two pounds! | 好吧 两英镑 |
[37:41] | Still nobody. | 还是没人 |
[37:42] | Here’s an offer I’ve never made before, three pounds! | 我从未给过这么样的奖品 3英镑 |
[37:48] | Step right up. They’re all trying to fight him. | 上来吧 他们全都试着打赢他 |
[37:50] | You don’t need to fight him, you just need to survive. | 你不需要打赢他 你只要撑上一回合 |
[37:52] | John?! Don’t encourage him. | 约翰 不要鼓励他 |
[37:55] | We need the money. | 我们需要那钱 |
[37:57] | Come on, gentlemen! | 来吧 先生 |
[38:04] | Move your feet, like I taught you. | 动起来 就像我教你的那样 |
[38:43] | Move, son! Knock him down! | 加油 儿子 打倒他 |
[38:52] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[39:02] | Come on! Hit him! | 加油 打他 |
[39:11] | Move, Bert! | 动起来 伯特 |
[39:14] | I don’t want to kill ya. Go down. | 我不想打死你 躺下来 |
[39:24] | One, two, three… | 一 二 三 |
[39:29] | Come on! ..Four… | 站起来 四 |
[39:33] | ..Five, six… | 五 六 |
[39:41] | ..Seven… | 七 |
[39:45] | ..Eight… | 八 |
[39:48] | You all right, son? Do you want to go on? | 你还好吗 儿子 要继续吗 |
[39:53] | You all right? He’s all right, he’s all right. | 没事吧 他没事 他没事 |
[40:03] | Keep moving, Bert. Come on! Hit him! | 继续 伯特 加油 打他 |
[40:15] | Knock out. | 击倒 |
[40:19] | Winner! | 胜利者 |
[40:27] | What the fuck are you playing at, eh? | 你他妈的在打什么啊 |
[40:38] | Your boy? Yes. | 你儿子 是的 |
[40:41] | -What’s his name? -Bert Middleton. | -他叫什么名字 -伯特 米德尔顿 |
[40:49] | It’s that bastard. | 是那个王八蛋吗 |
[40:53] | -He’ll knock you down. -No, he won’t. | -他会打败你 -不 他不会 |
[40:55] | Yes, he will. | 不 他会 |
[40:59] | Who says? | 谁说的 |
[41:44] | No! That was below the belt. | 不 他违规了 |
[41:47] | One, two… | 一 二 |
[41:52] | three, four… | 三 四 |
[41:56] | five, six… | 五 六 |
[41:59] | seven, eight… | 七 八 |
[42:02] | Come on! | 站起来 |
[42:03] | nine… Stay down! Stay down! | 九 躺下去 躺下去 |
[42:28] | It’s over, son. Stay there. It’s over. | 结束了 孩子 待在这 比赛结束了 |
[42:35] | The winner! | 胜利者 |
[42:41] | Well, I never. | 我从没输过 |
[42:44] | Good old Kilmartin. | 基尔马丁宝刀未老 |
[42:48] | Congratulations. Fantastic. | 恭喜你 太了不起了 |
[42:56] | 20 pounds, for you to lose. | 20英镑 为了你的败北 |
[43:00] | But, oh no, you can’t fall over for 20 pounds. | 但 天啊 你不能败倒在这20英镑之下 |
[43:06] | I won’t throw a fight. | 我不会放弃任何一场比赛 |
[43:08] | This is not boxing. | 这不是拳击 |
[43:11] | This is showbusiness and I’m the producer. | 这是娱乐业 而我是制片人 |
[43:16] | I don’t want your dirty money. | 我不要你的臭钱 |
[43:22] | And I don’t need you. | 我也不需要你 |
[43:24] | Really? Fine. | 真的吗 好 |
[43:27] | Give me what’s mine and go. | 把我的东西还给我然后滚蛋 |
[43:30] | Gloves, shorts, boots. | 手套 短裤 靴子 |
[43:49] | Go on, then. Off you go. | 走啊 你可以走了 |
[44:26] | Come in. | 进来 |
[44:33] | You’ve no wife, Edmund. | 你没有妻子的 艾德蒙 |
[44:44] | So, what do we know about Lord Kilmartin? | 关于基尔马丁勋爵我们知道些什么 |
[44:51] | He’s a bully | 他是个土霸王 |
[44:54] | and a cheat | 是个骗子 |
[44:57] | and he’s your best friend. | 还有 他是你最好的朋友 |
[45:00] | He’ll put me in the Cabinet. | 他会安排我进内阁 |
[45:03] | It’s what you do when you’re | 重要的是得到了权利 |
[45:04] | in power that matters, not how you get there. | 过程并不重要 |
[45:07] | That depends on who you hurt getting there. | 这得看你为了权利伤害了谁 |
[45:10] | And your conscience. | 还有你的良心 |
[45:15] | Does one put the stress on “Cock” Or “Tail”? | 重音应该放在 鸡 上面还是 酒 上面 |
[45:18] | Is it cockTAIL or COCKtail? | 是鸡 尾酒 还是鸡尾 酒 呢? |
[45:22] | Anyway… | 不管怎样 |
[45:26] | Mm… | 嗯 |
[45:29] | Oh, this is… appalling | 天啊 真是好喝得吓人啊 |
[45:34] | Edwina Mountbatten. | 艾德温娜 蒙巴顿 |
[45:37] | Absolute maniac for sex. | 绝对的性欲狂 |
[45:40] | Do not get in a taxi with Edwina. Oh? | 千万别和艾德温娜搭同一辆车 哦 |
[45:45] | Will you excuse me a moment, Lady Allingham? | 我离开一下 阿林汉姆夫人 |
[45:54] | Was she nice to you? | 她对你好吗 |
[45:55] | I find fragrant decay so moving. | 我发现芳香的衰落是如此的醉人 |
[45:59] | She’s like the last pansy of summer. | 她就像夏日最有一朵三色堇花 |
[46:09] | Why didn’t you go down? | 你为什么倒下了 |
[46:13] | Stupid. | 因为我傻 |
[46:15] | Brave. | 是勇敢 |
[46:16] | Maybe both. | 两者都有吧 |
[46:20] | Like Tommies in the war. | 像战场上的英国兵那样 |
[46:26] | Did you… | 你是不是 |
[46:32] | What was it for? | 那是为了什么 |
[46:35] | I fought for me country, | 我为了我的国家而战 |
[46:36] | but they won’t let me fight for boxing titles after it. | 但在那之后他们不让我继续打拳击赛 |
[46:39] | Why? | 为什么 |
[46:43] | Because of the colour of me skin. | 因为我的肤色 |
[46:48] | At least I got through it, eh? | 至少我熬过来了 |
[47:00] | That’s our Joe. | 那是乔 |
[47:05] | Shot at dawn. | 黎明时被射死 |
[47:10] | It happened to me best friend. | 就发生在我最好朋友身上 |
[47:17] | They send a man in, after the priest, | 他们派了个人拿着瓶威士忌 |
[47:21] | with a bottle of whisky. | 跟在神父之后进来 |
[47:24] | The idea is to get him so drunk that | 就算为了让他醉倒 |
[47:27] | when dawn comes he hardly knows what’s happening to him. | 让他死的时候毫无所觉 |
[47:34] | I stayed with him all night. | 那晚我整晚陪在他身边 |
[47:39] | But he weren’t afraid and he wouldn’t drink. | 但他不怕 也不喝酒 |
[47:48] | “I don’t want to spend me last hours unconscious.” | 我不想在生命的最后时刻仍意识不清 |
[47:53] | You were with him? | 你当时和他在一起么 |
[47:59] | I went in at midnight. | 我半夜的时候进去了 |
[48:04] | He said that he loved life and there’s some of it left, | 他说他热爱生命 现在还剩下为数不多的时间 |
[48:08] | so we won’t waste it talking about death and dying. | 所以我们不会把时间浪费在谈论死亡的问题上 |
[48:13] | What… What did you talk about? | 那 那你们都谈论了些什么 |
[48:17] | His family. | 他的家人 |
[48:22] | He wanted me to tell them that, although his life was short… | 他想让我告诉他的家人们 虽然他在世的时间并不长 |
[48:31] | ..He were lucky to have shared it with them. | 但是他很庆幸能和自己的家人们一起度过这段时光 |
[49:02] | You’ve got a bit of mud. | 你那儿沾了一点泥巴 |
[49:06] | Here? No, come here. | 这儿 不是 来 过来 |
[49:41] | Make it a better world, mother. | 世界真是美好 妈妈 |
[50:22] | We were having a cigarette. | 我们一起抽了根烟 |
[50:25] | “We”? | 我们 |
[50:29] | Your speech. | 这是你的演讲 |
[50:31] | I thought I should write | 我觉得我应该把这些逐字写下来 |
[50:33] | it word for word in case you’re feeling, er, | 以免你觉得有点 呃 |
[50:36] | out of joint – party and everything. | 混乱 关于那个派对和其他事情 |
[51:00] | I know this is a party and no place for politics. | 我知道在一个派对上讨论政治不合时宜 |
[51:02] | However… there is an election coming. | 可是 很快将会有一场选举 |
[51:06] | – Which we’ll win. – Hear, hear. | -我们会赢得这场选举 -听 听 |
[51:09] | Some of you may have heard my Labour opponent speak today… | 你们有些人可能听了与我党对立的工党今天的言论 |
[51:11] | Could I have a cigarette? | 我可以来根香烟么 |
[51:13] | I don’t smoke, sorry. ..Personally I | 我不抽烟 不好意思 从我个人来说 |
[51:15] | was more interested in what I saw in the boxing ring… | 我更喜欢看一场拳击比赛 |
[51:18] | Mainly determination, courage, pluck – Bert Middleton. | 主要是关于决心 毅力 勇气 -伯特米德尔顿 |
[51:24] | He wasn’t in the ring with his comrades, it was him in there – | 他并没有伙伴可以并肩作战 只有一个人 |
[51:27] | alone and against the odds. | 只身一人 挑战不可能 |
[51:28] | That’s human spirit, that’s what we’re made of. | 那才是人类的精神 是我们本身应该具有的 |
[51:32] | Socialism pretends to be for the good of everyone. It’s not. | 社会主义总是鼓吹说是为了大众的利益 其实不然 |
[51:35] | It’s a hand-brake on mankind. | 那是人类进步的阻碍 |
[51:38] | It’s individual endeavour | 只有个人的努力 |
[51:40] | that will make this country into a nation | 才能让这个国家成为一个 |
[51:43] | about which it is still possible to say, | 可以被大家称之为 |
[51:45] | “This is a land fit for heroes.” | 一个英雄的国度 |
[51:48] | Hear, hear. He’s my son. | 听啊听啊 那是我的儿子 |
[51:58] | You said he was a cheat, now a hero. | 你之前说他是个骗子 现在又说他是个英雄 |
[52:03] | Which is it? | 到底是哪个呢 |
[52:09] | He went into Margaret Boden’s house in breach of the rules. | 他违反了规定 去了玛格丽特博登的房子 |
[52:13] | Am I right, Lord Kilmartin? | 我说的对吗 基尔马丁大人 |
[52:16] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[52:21] | So it’s your son’s word against that of a peer of the realm. | 所以是你儿子的言论忤逆了王公贵族 |
[52:28] | Then you’ll be handing him over to Lord Kilmartin. | 你就想把他交给基尔马丁大人 |
[52:31] | That WAS the wager. | 你是在赌你的运气 |
[52:36] | Edmund? | 埃德蒙 |
[52:47] | Pay her. | 给她钱 |
[53:06] | Middleton. | 米德尔顿 |
[53:08] | I never forget a name. | 我从没忘记一个名字 |
[53:55] | Honour, a man’s name, not being embarrassed in public – | |
[53:59] | everything that matters to Kilmartin and you, | 每一件你和基尔马丁在意的事 |
[54:01] | you threw it in his face for a farm boy and his mother! | 你为了一个农村的孩子和他的母亲让他颜面尽失 |
[54:04] | Someone has to be principled, | 总有人得坚守原则 |
[54:05] | Bairstow. It was the right thing to do. | 贝尔斯托 我这么做是对的 |
[54:07] | And someone has to see past principles, Allingham! | 也得有人坚守过去的原则 阿林厄姆 |
[54:28] | You’ve come to make me change my mind, I suppose? | 你来这儿是为了改变我的想法 是吧 |
[54:31] | No, I was thinking of asking Lady Allingham to tell Lord Chater | 不 我是想让阿林厄姆小姐告诉Chater大人 |
[54:36] | which members of his family you’re fucking. | 你正在找他的家人的麻烦 |
[54:41] | Are you blackmailing me? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[54:43] | Absolutely. | 正是 |
[54:46] | Lady Allingham? | 阿林厄姆小姐 |
[54:49] | A moment? | 等一会行吗 |
[54:54] | Bluff! | 虚伪 |
[54:56] | Call me. | 打给我 |
[55:00] | Lord Kilmartin wanted you to be the first to hear it. | 基尔马丁大人要你第一个听到这个消息 |
[55:13] | I’m going to make your son the next Home Secretary. | 我打算让你的儿子成为下一任内政大臣 |
[55:19] | Oh, my goodness. | 嗷 我的上帝 |
[55:22] | Oh, my goodness! | 嗷 我的上帝 |
[55:34] | I’ve, erm… | 我已经 嗯 |
[55:37] | Well, I’ve come to give you what you’ve been asking for. | 嗯 我来是为了给你一样你一直要求的东西 |
[55:52] | Where have you been? To get the money. | 你在哪儿 去拿钱了 |
[55:54] | Did you get it? Yes. | 你拿到了吗 是的 |
[55:55] | Did you pay Rutter? Why would I do that? | 你付钱给拉特了吗 我为什么要那么做 |
[55:59] | It’s yours, Bert. You’ve earnt it. | 它是你的了 伯特 这是你赚来的 |
[56:14] | Father? | 父亲 |
[56:16] | Son? | 儿子 |
[57:19] | ‘Something had changed. We were in trouble – | 情况变了 我们有麻烦了 |
[57:23] | ‘no cowshed, more months of winter and a calf in the kitchen. | 牛棚没了 冬天延长了 厨房里只有一个牛犊 |
[57:27] | ‘Five pounds was a lot of money. | 五磅可是一大笔钱 |
[57:30] | ‘It would pay for casual labour for a time, | 它可以支付一个散工一段时间的工资了 |
[57:32] | but it wouldn’t be enough. | 但是这也不够 |
[57:34] | ‘But standing there, with my family, | 但是和我的家人一起站在那儿 |
[57:38] | ‘we knew we’d been brought together. | 我们知道我们相聚在一起 |
[57:40] | ‘He would always be with me – Joe – | 他会一直和我在一起的 -乔 |
[57:43] | ‘and, like my mother, I would keep hearing him… | 而且 像我的妈妈一样 我会一直倾听他的 |
[57:47] | ‘But I’d stopped looking over my shoulder | 但我已经不再回首过去 |
[57:50] | ‘and begun looking forward – to a new life.’ | 而是开始期待着 新的生活 |