时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | ‘It came down from the High Peak hollering and clamouring | 它从高峰上下来 喧闹地咆哮着 |
[00:42] | ‘and we lost our heads and our hearts | 我们失去了心智 |
[00:45] | ‘to the most exciting idea humankind has ever had – | 因为听到了人类历史上最令人激动的消息 |
[00:48] | ‘better than God or farming or electricity..’ | 比上帝或耕作或电力的应用更好 |
[00:54] | ‘..Which is love.’ | 那就是爱 |
[00:58] | What do we need to live? | 我们需要什么来活着 |
[01:04] | Arnold, what…? | 是什么 阿诺德 |
[01:06] | Come on. What can’t we do without? | 拜托 我们离开什么就不能活了 |
[01:10] | Jesus. | 上帝 |
[01:11] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[01:13] | Servants. | 仆人 |
[01:15] | What makes us human? | 是什么让我们成为一个人 |
[01:18] | Oxygen? | 氧气吗 |
[01:19] | And? | 还有呢 |
[01:20] | -Water? -Music, Norma. Music. | -水吗 -音乐 诺玛 是音乐 |
[01:25] | Arnold, I haven’t left a busy shop to… | 阿诺德 我从来没在店里这么忙的时候离开去 |
[01:27] | Come on, what do we do to music? | 拜托 听到音乐我们能做什么 |
[01:29] | -Do? – Yeah. | -做什么 -对 |
[01:30] | Fall asleep? | 睡觉吗 |
[01:32] | Dance! | 跳舞啊 |
[01:33] | This is a dance hall. | 这是个舞厅 |
[01:37] | This is… | 这是 |
[01:40] | Hey, it’s like New Orleans in the Peak District. | 这是在匹克区 却像新奥尔良一般奢华 |
[01:48] | I shall be returning forthwith to my duties | 我会立刻回去履行 |
[01:51] | as a wife who stands behind the shop counter. | 我作为妻子在商店售货的职责 |
[01:53] | You will go forthwith to ascertain | 你能立即保证 |
[01:56] | that your feckless son | 你软弱的儿子 |
[01:57] | hasn’t turned a profitable boot factory into… | 没有把一个盈利的制造工厂变成 |
[01:59] | Norma Rose Hankin… | 诺玛 罗斯 汉金 |
[02:02] | ..Will you come to the grand opening dance with me? | 你愿意和我一起参加隆重的开幕舞会吗 |
[02:09] | Have you lost all sense of decorum? | 你已经完全不懂得礼仪了吗 |
[02:13] | Aye, aye, I have! | 对 对 是了 |
[02:16] | And I’m going to replace it with jazz. | 我会用爵士乐来代替它 |
[02:23] | I don’t understand. What’s happening? | 我不明白 怎么了 |
[02:32] | You a dancer, John? | 你是个舞者吗 约翰 |
[02:35] | No? | 不是吗 |
[02:37] | I could deliver t’milk straight to your shop every day, fresh. | 我能每天把牛奶送到你的店里 保证新鲜 |
[02:40] | Ah, but it wouldn’t be bottled. | 但是不是瓶装的 |
[02:42] | No, but it’d be… it’d be fresh. | 不是 但是会 会很新鲜的 |
[02:45] | But you can’t guarantee the number of pints each day? | 但是你不能保证每天的量 |
[02:49] | No. | 嗯 不能 |
[02:51] | I’m spending my life out in t’field, milking t’cows, every day. | 我这辈子都呆在田野里 挤牛奶 天天如此 |
[02:56] | I’m sorry for you, John. | 我很遗憾 约翰 |
[02:58] | There’s no room for pity in business. | 在商业中是没有怜悯和同情可言的 |
[03:08] | ‘I would have followed Martha Ellingham | 我本来要跟着玛莎 艾琳厄姆 |
[03:10] | ‘to the North Pole and back. | 去北极一趟的 |
[03:12] | ‘Married, seven years my senior, | 结婚了 比我大七岁 |
[03:15] | ‘she was the only girl for me. | 她是我的唯一 |
[03:18] | ‘Only…she wasn’t.’ | 只是 我不是她的唯一 |
[03:23] | ‘There was someone else. I just didn’t know it yet.’ | 还有过别人 我只是不知道罢了 |
[03:36] | ‘Dear Bert, this is a difficult letter to write…’ | 亲爱的伯特 我不知道应该怎么去写这封信 |
[03:39] | ‘I’ve not told you how I feel, | 我没告诉过你我是怎么想的 |
[03:43] | ‘but if I don’t soon, I think I might explode.’ | 但是如果我不马上说出口 我觉得我就要爆炸了 |
[03:48] | ‘I’ll be outside the bathhouse at 11 o’clock on Sunday | 周日11点钟 我会在浴室外面 |
[03:51] | ‘if you’d like to meet me. | 如果你肯赏光 |
[03:53] | ‘We could go for a walk…’ | 我们也许能一起走走 |
[03:57] | ‘It wasn’t signed and it wasn’t dated.’ | 它没有签名也没有日期 |
[04:01] | ‘Who’d have thought it would cause such a rumpus.’ | 谁会想到它能造成这样的骚乱 |
[04:08] | Phoebe’s done a love letter. | 菲比有情书诶 |
[04:17] | ‘The desire of the moth for the star | 犹如飞蛾扑向明星 |
[04:20] | ‘Of the night for the morrow | 又如黑夜追求黎明 |
[04:22] | ‘The devotion to something afar | 思慕的真情 |
[04:25] | ‘From the sphere of our sorrow.’ | 解脱了我们的不幸 |
[04:28] | Grace? | 格蕾丝 |
[04:33] | Bert! | 伯特 |
[04:36] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[04:47] | It’s market day. | 今天是集市日 |
[04:50] | We’ll sell t’calf. | 我们把那小牛卖了 |
[04:55] | But t’calf’s young, John. | 但是它还那么幼小 |
[04:57] | It’s a calf. We’re farmers. | 它是个小牛犊 我们是农夫 |
[05:01] | You’ll take t’calf to market and you’ll get a good price for her. | 你要把小牛带到集市上 卖个好价钱 |
[05:04] | You promised. | 你保证过的 |
[05:07] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[05:09] | The 5 pounds Bert won goes towards wages for t’farm labourer. | 伯特赢的五英镑付了农场工人的工资 |
[05:13] | We need money. | 我们需要钱 |
[05:15] | You promised. | 你保证过的 |
[05:18] | Tell her, Bert. | 告诉她 伯特 |
[05:22] | If we sell t’calf now, then what? | 如果我们现在把小牛卖了 以后怎么办 |
[05:26] | A cow next week? | 下周卖了母牛吗 |
[05:27] | Then what happens? | 之后会怎样 |
[05:29] | We’ve less milk to sell. | 我们没那么多牛奶可卖了 |
[05:32] | -How does that work, John? -It has to. | -这怎么能行 约翰 -必须这样 |
[05:37] | Well, it’s too small. | 嗯 它太小了 |
[05:40] | What? | 什么 |
[05:42] | Something bigger needs to change. | 大事情需要改变了 |
[06:25] | Every town, every village – always you. | 所有城镇 所有村庄 总是你 |
[06:29] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[06:31] | Men of God, the first to turn up. | 主的仆人 最先出现 |
[06:34] | So what is it? | 那么 这是什么 |
[06:37] | Fear? Guilt? | 恐惧么 负罪么 |
[06:42] | Sex. | 性 |
[06:45] | “Married love.” | 婚姻之爱 |
[06:58] | Spread the word. | 把话传出去 |
[07:04] | Come on, Mary. You heard your father. | 过来 玛丽 你听到你父亲说什么了 |
[07:09] | I’m proud of you, Mary. | 我为你骄傲 玛丽 |
[07:19] | Come on. | 过来 |
[07:27] | Muddy udders. Get ’em washed when I’m gone. | 牛乳房上都是泥 我走了以后把它们洗干净了 |
[07:31] | It’s market day, I’m going to The Lamb. | 今天是集市日 我要去剧 羊羔 |
[07:35] | No, you’re not. We’re farmers. | 不可以 我们是农夫啊 |
[07:44] | I’m going to take a risk | 我会冒这个险 |
[07:45] | and guess that you’re all over 30. | 我猜你已经30多岁了 |
[07:49] | -I’ve stopped counting. -Which is good news. | -我早就不记了 -好消息啊 |
[07:52] | Oh, I love a politician. Growing old is a good thing? | 噢 我爱政治家 变老是好事吗 |
[07:55] | It is when it means women can vote. | 女人可以投票了 变老也是好消息 |
[07:57] | Women? Are we not ladies?! | 怎么是女人 我们不是淑女吗 |
[07:59] | You’re voters. You’re not second class any more. | 你们是选举人了 你们不再是二等公民了 |
[08:05] | Socialists in shorts. | 穿着短裤的社会主义者 |
[08:07] | And they’re a cycling club? | 他们是自行车俱乐部吗 |
[08:09] | I don’t care if it’s the Coconut Club. | 椰子俱乐部我也不关心 |
[08:11] | I’m not voting for anyone that wants to show me his knees. | 我不会给想给膝盖都在外面的男人投票的 |
[08:31] | You won’t remember me. | 你可能不记得我了 |
[08:33] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 不 我记得你 |
[08:36] | You’re Bert Middleton’s mother. | 你是伯特 米德尔顿的母亲 |
[08:41] | Sunday at 11. Cycle ride from here up The Kinder Road. | 周日11点 从这儿骑到金德路 |
[09:06] | There’s always an answer, I promise. | 总会有答案的 我保证 |
[09:11] | And it’s never as bad as you think. | 从没有你想的那么糟 |
[09:17] | Can intimate relations end a pregnancy? | 亲密关系可以让女性流产么 |
[09:22] | No. | 不会 |
[09:25] | No, love, it’s perfectly all right | 不会的 亲爱的 完完全全没事 |
[09:27] | to continue for as long as you want to. | 只要你想就能继续 |
[09:30] | It won’t damage baby. | 不会伤害宝宝的 |
[09:34] | You should tell your husband not to worry. | 你应该告诉你丈夫不用担心 |
[09:36] | He may get uncomfortable as you… as you get a lot bigger, | 他也许会不太舒服 因为你 你变得体积大些 |
[09:40] | so you should give consideration | 所以你应该考虑 |
[09:42] | to the realm of sexual activity beyond intercourse. | 除性交领域以外的性活动 |
[09:49] | Oh, don’t worry. You might like it. | 噢 别担心 你也许会喜欢的 |
[09:51] | Ladies do! It’s not my husband! | 女士们都这样的 他不是我丈夫 |
[10:05] | No advance! And it’s sold to the gentleman… | 没有预付 并且卖给了那位绅士 |
[10:10] | You’re Martha Lane. | 你是玛莎 莱恩 |
[10:12] | Allingham. | 艾林汉姆 |
[10:14] | What you doing here today? | 你今天在这儿干什么 |
[10:16] | Selling a calf. | 卖牛犊 |
[10:17] | You’re selling a calf? | 你在卖牛犊 |
[10:21] | Is that your calf over there? I’ll be right back. | 那是你的牛犊吗 我马上就回来 |
[10:30] | The thing is, I’m… I’m looking for a young calf. | 事实上 我 我在找幼小的牛犊 |
[10:34] | I’ll give you a good price. | 我会出个好价钱 |
[10:38] | We keep a pig… | 我们养猪 |
[10:41] | kept a pig. | 养过猪 |
[10:43] | We killed it, two week ago. | 我们杀了它 两周前 |
[10:47] | It was nice to see you, Bert. | 很高兴见到你 伯特 |
[11:03] | It’s one thing writing it, | 写是一回事 |
[11:04] | it’s quite another actually posting it. | 而寄出去又是一回事 |
[11:08] | I’ve asked a lot of you, haven’t I? | 我对你的要求太多了 是吧 |
[11:10] | No. No. | 没有 没有 |
[11:12] | No, you’ve been a mother to the boys all this time. | 一直以来你都在做男孩子们的母亲 |
[11:15] | Well, make sure you have some time | 嗯 确保你隔开一些时间 |
[11:17] | before you start being a mother again. | 再怀上宝宝 |
[11:21] | Is that what Mummy would have said? | 这是妈妈会说的话吗 |
[11:25] | She wrote me a letter before she died. | 她在去世前给我写了封信 |
[11:28] | “To be opened when I’m gone away.” | 让我离开的时候打开 |
[11:30] | What did it say? | 写什么了 |
[11:31] | She said, “Women love a widower, | 她说 女人爱鳏夫 |
[11:33] | “So here’s a list of ladies | 所以这有一些村子里的女士 |
[11:34] | in the village you’re not to let near you. | 你不可以亲近 |
[11:36] | “If you do, I’ll be back to haunt you.” | 如果你亲近她们 我会回来找你的 |
[11:39] | And the second thing? | 第二件事 |
[11:42] | “Remember how much we loved each other.” | 记住我们有多么爱彼此 |
[11:46] | “And don’t let Phoebe settle for anything less.” | 并且不要让菲比觉得不愉快 |
[11:53] | It’s market day. | 今天是集市日 |
[11:56] | If you’re sure, | 如果你确定 |
[11:58] | take it and give it to him. | 收下它 并把它给他 |
[12:31] | Agnes, you look unwell. | 艾格尼丝 你看起来不太好 |
[12:34] | The glue… Gets in your lungs. | 胶水 进到你的肺里了 |
[12:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:40] | Sorry? Why? | 抱歉 为什么 |
[12:44] | I can move you to packing boxes, | 我能把你放到装货箱里 |
[12:46] | if you want to… move? | 如果你想的话 |
[12:58] | Muddy udders. What? | 满是泥的牛乳房 什么 |
[13:00] | Washing mud off t’cow’s udders so t’milk stays clean. Right. | 把乳房上的泥洗掉 这样牛奶就是干净的了 好的 |
[13:15] | It’s your round. | 该你了 |
[13:19] | Bugger, bum, bugger, bum, bugger, bum. Bum and bugger! | 该死的 没用的家伙 该死的 没用的东西 |
[13:31] | Please… give him this, please? | 请你 把这个给他 可以吗 |
[13:43] | Walk on! | 走吧 |
[14:09] | Rosie Arbuthnot – haystack. | 罗西 阿巴斯诺特 干草堆 |
[14:12] | Haystack?! | 干草堆 |
[14:14] | Yep. On top or underneath? | 对的 上面还是下面 |
[14:16] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[14:19] | Behind! | 从后面 |
[14:22] | Mr Eyre? | 爱先生 |
[14:25] | Frances Gifford, the day I got out of prison. | 弗朗西丝 吉福德 我从监狱出去的那天 |
[14:32] | I was alone | 我很孤单 |
[14:33] | and she reminded me what human warmth could be. | 她让我忆起了人间真情 |
[14:38] | That’s a very moving story. | 很令人感动的故事 |
[14:40] | Was she a prostitute? | 她是妓女吗 |
[14:44] | Yes. | 是 |
[14:46] | Bert? | 伯特 |
[14:50] | He’s waiting for the right girl. | 他在等待那个对的女孩 |
[14:53] | Eh? Come on. | 嗯 来吧 |
[15:13] | Have a good evening. | 晚上过得愉快 |
[15:41] | Lipstick. | 唇膏 |
[15:44] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[15:56] | You’re my girl. | 你是我的 |
[15:59] | Yeah. | 对啦 |
[16:06] | -I’ve got an hour. -Is that all? | -我有一个小时 -就是这样吗 |
[16:09] | Edmund Allingham’s got an electable face, | 艾蒙德 阿林厄姆有张能参加选举的脸 |
[16:11] | but he needs all of me brains and most of me time. | 但他大部分更需要我的头脑 |
[16:14] | You’re the only thing I leave the Big House for. | 你是我离开那个监狱的唯一理由 |
[16:19] | After the election will there be more than an hour? | 选举后会有不止一个小时吧 |
[16:22] | What do you want, Agnes? | 阿格丽斯 你想要什么 |
[16:46] | The desire of the moth for the star… | 犹如飞蛾扑向明星 |
[16:50] | Of the night for the morrow. | 又如黑夜追求黎明 |
[17:33] | G-g-gas! | 毒 毒气 |
[17:35] | Gas masks on! | 带上防毒面具 |
[17:36] | Gas masks on! | 防毒面具 |
[17:43] | It’s me! It’s me! | 是我啊 是我 |
[17:48] | I’m… I’m so sorry. | 对不 对不起 |
[17:51] | So sorry… Please, please! | 真的对不起 对不起 |
[17:53] | I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry… | 对不起 对不起 |
[17:57] | I didn’t know… | 我不知道 |
[17:59] | It’s all right, it’s all right. I didn’t… | 没事了 没事了 |
[18:04] | Have you asked Hankin about taking our milk? | 你跟汉金谈过我们牛奶的事儿么 |
[18:09] | No. | 没有 |
[18:11] | We’ll be late for chapel. | 我们得去教堂了 |
[18:14] | I’ve too much to do. | 我有很多事要办 |
[18:17] | Too much for God? | 是关于上帝的事儿吗 |
[18:19] | Got something bigger, Grace? | 格蕾丝 你能不能干点高尚一点的事 |
[18:24] | I’m not coming either. I’m taking photos in t’village. | 我也不去了 我要去乡里拍照 |
[18:30] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[19:10] | I think I should sleep alone. | 我觉得我应该一个人睡 |
[19:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[19:52] | I hoped you’d come. | 等候多时 |
[19:54] | Did you? Yes. | 是吗 是啊 |
[19:56] | Nobody else has. | 没人等过我的到来 |
[19:58] | Can I be honest with you? | 我能开诚布公吗 |
[20:01] | Yes. If you don’t vote for me, I can’t win this election. | 好啊 如果你不给我投票的话 我就赢不了选举了 |
[20:05] | I’m just one person. | 可我只是一个人啊 |
[20:06] | You’re the woman who’s never voted before | 你象征着八百万的 |
[20:09] | and there are eight million like you. | 从未投过票的妇女 |
[20:11] | You are much, much more than one person. | 你绝对不是一个人 |
[20:18] | Beautiful, isn’t she? | 看它多漂亮 |
[20:22] | The curve, here, and t’skirt guards, | 看这弧线 还有这个 |
[20:25] | which are a revolution in cycling. | 这将是自行车的改革之潮 |
[20:28] | But sometimes they don’t work and a skirt can get caught. | 但有时候这个不太好用 这个会卡在里面 |
[20:32] | So… | 所以 |
[20:34] | Bloomers. | 拿去做灯笼裤吧 |
[20:41] | I’ve, erm… | 我 |
[20:45] | I’ve never been on a bicycle before. | 我没有骑过自行车 |
[20:49] | You look exhausted, Mrs…? | 你看起来很累的样子 请问你是 |
[20:52] | Hankin. | 汉金 |
[20:59] | Every night when I get into bed, | 没当我入睡的时候 |
[21:02] | I hope things will be… better. | 我希望生活能有所好转 |
[21:06] | I understand. You do? | -我能理解 -你真的能理解吗 |
[21:07] | Each night is the same – dull, unexciting. | 每晚都是这样 无聊 乏味 |
[21:10] | Yes. Well, first things first, Mrs Hankin. | 是的 那么 我首先要说的是 汉金夫人 |
[21:16] | Are you taking precautions? | 你采取预防措施了吗 |
[21:22] | Well, every married couple needs to plan, | 是这样的 每对已婚夫妇都需要提前准备 |
[21:25] | so they can relax. | 然后他们才能放松 |
[21:27] | Oh, erm… no. | 额 没有 |
[21:33] | We don’t, er… | 我们没有 额 |
[21:35] | How regularly do you and your husband enjoy yourselves? | 你和你丈夫一般能愉悦多久 |
[21:39] | Enjoy ourselves? | 愉悦 |
[21:43] | Never, that’s why I’m here. | 从来没有 所以我才来这儿 |
[21:47] | The man climbs on board, a huff and a puff and it’s over. | 男人爬上来 气喘吁吁 两秒钟完事儿 |
[21:50] | You’re not alone, I can help. | 并不是只有你一个人这样 我能帮你 |
[21:54] | But in the meantime, | 但同时 |
[21:56] | you need this. | 你需要这个 |
[22:00] | I can show you how to fit it. | 我能教你怎么用 |
[22:05] | I think it’s a bit big. | 我觉得 这个好像大了一点 |
[22:09] | Oh, it’s not for him. | 啊 这不是给他用的 |
[22:12] | Oh? | 是吗 |
[22:15] | How long have you been married? | 你结婚多久了 |
[22:18] | Years and years. | 好几年了 |
[22:19] | Without ever… | 却从来没有 |
[22:22] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[22:25] | The thing is to catch him at the right moment | 你得在正确的时候找到他 |
[22:28] | whilst not putting any pressure on him. | 但不能给他太大压力 |
[22:30] | When he’s doing something that makes him happy | 当他在做着自己喜欢的事儿的时候 |
[22:33] | and he’s not thinking about the problem… | 他就忘却烦恼了 |
[22:37] | ..Pounce. | 就是要出其不意 |
[22:42] | # Harlots and publicans | 娼妓和税吏 |
[22:47] | And thieves… Where’s Grace? | 盗贼 格蕾丝在哪儿 |
[22:50] | # In holy triumph | 在圣神的胜利中 |
[22:56] | # Join | 加入吧 |
[22:58] | Saved is the sinner that… | 拯救这个罪人 |
[23:00] | Sorry, you should just… | 不好意思 你们应该 |
[23:06] | I’m holding you up, so you should just go… | 我拖你们后腿了 你们走吧 |
[23:10] | From crimes as great as mine. | 罪过啊 我也如此 |
[23:15] | I’ll… I can walk home from here. | 我直接走回家好了 |
[23:21] | I’m not having that. | 我才不让你走回去 |
[23:24] | You go on. We’ll catch you up. | 你们走吧 我们待会儿跟上 |
[23:26] | Right you are, Bill! | 好吧 比尔 |
[23:27] | I promise you, you can do this. | 我保证 你绝对能骑的 |
[23:32] | I can’t. Yes, you can. Go on… | -我不能 -你能的 继续 |
[23:35] | ‘Lord…’ | 主啊 |
[23:40] | ..We ask for your guidance in everything we do. | 我们请求你在万事中指引我们 |
[23:45] | ‘Show us the right path to take…’ | 指明正确的道路 |
[23:48] | ‘..Towards the brighter morning we all long for…’ | 前往我们期盼已久的黎明 |
[23:51] | Don’t let go. Do no let go! | 别放手 别放手 |
[23:54] | ..The contentment we all seek in our lives of hard struggle. | 和我们在困境中对生命的坚持 |
[23:59] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[24:03] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[24:06] | Don’t think, you mustn’t think. | 别想其他的 不能有杂念 |
[24:10] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[24:21] | Oh, I don’t like this! | 哦 我不喜欢这个 |
[24:25] | I’m scared. Head up. | -我好怕哦 -抬头 |
[24:27] | Look forward. | 看前方 |
[24:29] | I’m looking. I am… ah! Go! | 我在看 我 啊 走吧 |
[24:36] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[24:50] | Can I speak with you? | 我能和你说一句吗 |
[24:51] | Yeah… just come over here. | 好 到这来吧 |
[25:12] | Power, like a desolating pestilence, | 权利 像是让人感到荒凉的瘟疫 |
[25:16] | pollutes what’er it touches. | 传播给任何他接触的东西 |
[25:20] | Your man Percy. | 你的男人珀西 |
[25:24] | Can you make it up there? | 你能到那去吗 |
[25:28] | Race you! | 跟着你 |
[25:33] | I work for me family and me farm | 我为我的家庭和我的农场工作 |
[25:37] | cos I’m proud of them. | 因为我为他们骄傲 |
[25:39] | What are you asking me? | 你是要问我什么 |
[25:42] | Is pride a sin? | 骄傲是不是罪孽 |
[25:46] | Am I to be punished for sinning? | 我是否将因为罪孽受惩罚 |
[25:48] | No! | 不 |
[25:50] | No. | 不 |
[25:52] | When I’m outside and working with me hands, | 当我在外面用我的双手工作时 |
[25:55] | I clasp them together like this, when it’s cold, for warmth. | 当天冷时 我像这样把它们扣在一起 来取暖 |
[26:00] | In prayer. | 在祈祷者中 |
[26:02] | Is he listening? | 他在听吗 |
[26:06] | Does he hear me? | 他有听我的祈祷吗 |
[26:09] | Absolutely, yes. | 当然有在听 |
[26:41] | Get down the mine and stay there | 下到矿井里 呆在那儿 |
[26:44] | until your lungs hack up globs of black blood. | 直到你的肺里有一团团的黑血 |
[26:47] | And when I’ve taken your breath away and you’re on your deathbed, | 当我已经夺走你的呼吸 你在临终床上 |
[26:50] | then I’ll let you stop making me money. But don’t worry, | 那时我将让你停止为我赚钱 但不用担心 |
[26:53] | I’m not going away, | 我不会离开 |
[26:55] | I’ll be putting your sons | 我将把你的儿子 |
[26:56] | down the same dark hole in the ground as killed you. | 放在同样的地下黑洞里 正像杀死你一样 |
[27:05] | They’re for that, I’m against it. Can I have your vote, please? | 他们支持这些 我反对 你能为我投一票吗 |
[27:13] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:15] | No… | 不 |
[27:18] | ..You’re angry. | 你生气了 |
[27:21] | There’s an idea in England that anger and seriousness | 英格兰有一个说法 生气和严肃 |
[27:25] | are somehow bad manners. | 是某种方式的无礼 |
[27:27] | Affability, easy charm, wit – all very English, | 亲切 让人舒适的魅力 智慧 所有十足的英国人 |
[27:31] | all bedfellows of conservatism and the right way to be. | 所有保守者的床伴 像那样是合适的方法 |
[27:36] | We mustn’t be seen to actually mean what we say. | 我们不可能看起来像我们说的一样 |
[28:18] | You first or me? | 你先还是我先 |
[28:22] | Together. | 一起 |
[28:28] | Woo-hoo, I like this! | 噢喔 我喜欢这个 |
[28:39] | Hello. Oh, hello. | -你好 -哦 你好 |
[28:43] | You’re not at the bathhouse. | 你不在澡堂 |
[28:45] | Um… no! | 嗯 不 |
[28:48] | You’re here. | 你在这 |
[28:50] | Yes. And I’m here, too. | -是的 -我也在这 |
[28:54] | Shall we walk? | 我们一起散步好吗 |
[28:59] | Remember Mr Ingham at school? | 记得学校里的英厄姆先生吗 |
[29:03] | When he was hitting you, | 当他击中你的时候 |
[29:05] | I felt it. | 我感觉到了 |
[29:08] | I mean, I REALLY felt it. | 我的意思 我真的感觉到了 |
[29:13] | Do you want to know a secret? | 你想知道一个秘密吗 |
[29:17] | I’m left-handed too, Bert. | 我也是左撇子 伯特 |
[29:28] | Even if I wanted to take pictures. Of what? For who? | 甚至我想拍照的时候 关于什么 为谁 |
[29:34] | It’s a village, Phoebe. | 它是个村庄 菲比 |
[29:36] | It’s just a village. | 它只是个村庄 |
[29:43] | Before she died, | 在她去世之前 |
[29:45] | my mother taught me the name of every wild flower she knew. | 我的母亲教我她知道的每种野花的名字 |
[29:51] | I’ve looked for them all | 我去找他们 |
[29:53] | and I’ve found them all. | 我也找到了全部野花 |
[29:56] | Every one within a mile of here. | 每一种都在距离这的一英里范围内 |
[30:01] | It’s not just a village. | 它不仅仅是个村庄 |
[30:06] | I’ll walk you home if you like. | 如果你喜欢我陪你走回家 |
[30:10] | YOU’LL walk ME home? If you like. | 你陪我走回家 如果你愿意的话 |
[30:12] | It’s supposed to be the other way round, Phoebe. | 不应该这么说 菲比 |
[30:15] | Then I’ll let you pick me up on Friday. Hmm? | 然后我请你在周五接我 唔 |
[30:18] | The dance. I’ll be ready at six. | 跳舞 我在六点准备好 |
[30:35] | There’s a meeting at The Institute, Friday night. | 在学院有个聚会 星期五晚上 |
[30:39] | You could come. | 你可以来 |
[30:42] | Wait. | 等下 |
[30:53] | Don’t be frightened, you mustn’t be frightened. | 别害怕 你不能被吓住 |
[31:10] | She’s left-handed. | 她是左撇子 |
[31:12] | Well, that’s good. | 好的 很好 |
[31:14] | Who is? | 是谁 |
[31:16] | Phoebe… from the station. | 菲比 住在车站那里 |
[31:26] | One of your cows is up in t’field – distressed. | 你的一头奶牛在t区 很痛苦 |
[31:30] | She hasn’t been milked. | 她还没有被挤过奶 |
[31:33] | Cruel, I’d say… | 我会说 这么做很残忍 |
[31:37] | and your responsibility. | 你该负责任 |
[32:17] | Flowers? | 花呢 |
[32:20] | Did you get t’milking done? No. I was… | -你挤完奶了吗 -不 我 |
[32:22] | Reading? | 在读书 |
[32:24] | And you? | 你呢 |
[32:25] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你一些事 |
[32:28] | Does poetry run a farm? | 诗人也有一个农场吗 |
[32:32] | He’s more than just a poet – Shelley. | -他不仅仅是一个诗人 -雪莉 |
[32:37] | Where are you getting this from, eh? | 你从哪得到这个农场的 嗯 |
[32:41] | What’s happening? John… | -发生了什么 -约翰 |
[32:43] | You’re my family! | 你是我的家人 |
[32:48] | Where are you? | 你去了哪里 |
[33:05] | The two most eligible bachelors in London | 两个伦敦的钻石王老五 |
[33:07] | here at my humble country home. | 在我简陋的农家里 |
[33:09] | Have you been reading Jane Austen, Mother? | 你读过简 奥斯汀的书吗 妈妈 |
[33:11] | Every day. | 每天 |
[33:14] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[33:17] | Whenever I read Jane Austen I want to dig her up | 任何时候我读简奥斯汀 我就想把她挖出来 |
[33:19] | and beat her over the skull with her own shin bone. | 用她自己的胫骨打她的头盖骨 |
[33:23] | Oh? Is that you, Edmund, or someone else? | 哦 是你吗 埃德蒙 或者其他人 |
[33:27] | Mark Twain, Mother. Ah, yes. Huck and Tom and boats and whatnot. | 马克吐温 妈妈 哦 是的 汉克汤姆船和什么的 |
[33:32] | There are books for boys and books for grown-up people. | 那有些男孩的书 也有些成年人的书 |
[33:37] | Nothing happens, nobody says anything. | 什么也没发生 没人说任何事 |
[33:40] | What pride, huh? | 什么傲慢 唔 |
[33:41] | What prejudice? Oh! | 什么偏见 哦 |
[33:43] | It’s not on the surface. It’s underneath. | 它不在表面上 它在底部 |
[33:47] | Would you be interested in marrying my daughter, Robert? | 你有兴趣娶我的女儿吗 罗伯特 |
[34:52] | ‘I should never have married George Allingham.’ | 我不应该嫁给乔治阿林厄姆 |
[34:54] | You were helping him. | 你是在帮他 |
[34:56] | He needed you, it was a sacrifice you made. | 他需要你 这是你作出的牺牲 |
[35:01] | You don’t condemn me? | 你不怪我吗 |
[35:03] | There’s enough pain and guilt in the world. | 世上已经有够多的痛苦和内疚了 |
[35:09] | What kind of a minister are you? | 你是哪一种牧师呢 |
[35:11] | I’m your father, | 我是你的父亲 |
[35:13] | first and last. | 从始至终 |
[35:17] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[35:20] | There’s a vacancy at the school. Mr Ingham is leaving. | 学校有个空位 英厄姆先生要离开 |
[35:23] | He’s opening a barber shop in Chesterfield. | 他将在切尔特菲尔德开一家理发店 |
[35:33] | I’m married, I can’t teach. | 我已婚 我不能教 |
[35:36] | I’m the committee! Yes, you can. | 我是委员 是的 你可以 |
[35:38] | You’d be teaching alongside Mr Eyre of course, so… | 你可以在艾尔先生旁边教 当然可以 所以 |
[35:42] | But I’m sure he’ll be delighted to have you. | 我保证有你他很高兴 |
[36:09] | Somebody help! | 快来人 来帮忙 |
[36:22] | Bairstow! | 贝尔斯托 |
[36:23] | A worker moved. | 一个工人走了 |
[36:24] | The worker who took her | 代替她的工人 |
[36:25] | place didn’t know what she was doing and she… | 不知道她之前做的是什么 |
[36:28] | Chopped her finger off. | 也不知道她切断了自己的手指 |
[36:30] | Why did the first worker move? | 为什么之前的工人走了 |
[36:32] | She was complaining. About? | -她总是抱怨 -抱怨什么 |
[36:34] | Conditions. | 工作环境 |
[36:35] | What, an agitator? | 什么 是一个鼓动者吗 |
[36:37] | I suppose. | 我想是这样 |
[36:39] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[36:43] | Sack her. | 解雇她 |
[36:45] | I was in charge. I shouldn’t have allowed the problem to arise. | 我是主管 我不应该让这个问题激化 |
[36:49] | Which is why it’ll be your job. | 这就是为什么你要去做这件事 |
[36:51] | My job? To tell her. | -我去做 -去告诉她 |
[36:56] | Just do it. | 去做吧 |
[36:59] | Have I lost my job? | 我被解雇了吗 |
[37:06] | I never should have listened to you, I shouldn’t have moved. | 我不应该听你的话 我就不该迁过来 |
[37:10] | I’m going to Allingham. This is not right. | 我要去见啊林厄姆 他不能这么对我 |
[37:13] | It wasn’t him? | 不是他吗 |
[37:15] | No. | 不 |
[37:16] | Well, who was it? | 好吧 那是谁 |
[37:18] | Your father? | 你父亲吗 |
[37:19] | Bairstow. | 贝尔斯托 |
[37:26] | I promise, I’m going to make your life better. | 我保证 我将让你的生活越来越好 |
[37:30] | You can’t. Nobody can. | 你不能 没人能 |
[37:34] | I swear to you that I will. | 我向你发誓我可以 |
[38:14] | You’re from Yorkshire, aren’t you? | 你来自约克郡 是吗 |
[38:18] | Why? You walk into rooms and sit down in them. | 为什么 你走进房间 坐到他们中间 |
[38:23] | And then I speak me mind. | 那时我说我介意 |
[38:26] | At least that’s how the cliche goes. | 至少那是陈词滥调 |
[38:30] | What do you want? | 你想要干什么 |
[38:32] | Harriet Kilmartin. | 哈丽特基尔马丁 |
[38:36] | Lord Kilmartin’s youngest. | 基尔马丁勋爵的最年幼的孩子 |
[38:39] | Sorry, what? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[38:43] | Your son has everything going for him | 你的孩子拥有了所有他想要的东西 |
[38:47] | and one problem. | 但还有一个问题 |
[38:48] | Which is? | 哪个问题 |
[38:51] | Some of the wrong company. | 交了一些坏朋友 |
[38:57] | Who? | 谁 |
[39:00] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[39:03] | Late 30s and still a bachelor, | 30几岁了还是个单身 |
[39:06] | it’s not right. | 这不正常吧 |
[39:09] | Harry… Harriet isn’t married, either. | 哈瑞 哈丽特也还没有结婚 |
[39:13] | She’s just the girl | 她还是个女孩 |
[39:14] | for the next Home Secretary to spend his life with. | 她将会和下一任内政大臣结婚 |
[39:31] | It needs sorting. | 他得花时间来挑选 |
[39:51] | Hey! What’re you doing? | 嗨 你在干什么 |
[39:54] | It’s yours, isn’t it? | 它是你的 是吗 |
[39:55] | I don’t want your old milking machine. | 我不想要你的旧挤奶机 |
[39:58] | I’ll have your cows, though. | 我已经有你的奶牛了 |
[40:00] | What? 3 pounds a head. | -什么 -一头给你三英镑 |
[40:04] | You’ve got to be joking. | 你肯定是在开玩笑 |
[40:06] | Don’t be a fool, Middleton. I’m giving you a chance here. | 不要这么傻 米德尔顿 我是在给你机会 |
[40:08] | Take it. | 你应该接受的 |
[40:11] | I’m twice your age. What’s that got to do wi’ it? | -我年龄比你大一轮 -那又有什么关系呢 |
[40:13] | You can’t talk to me like that. | 你不能那样跟我说话 |
[40:15] | Is that all you’ve got? “You can’t talk to me like that.” | 这就是你想说的 你不能那样跟我说话 |
[40:19] | If you were a real man, you’d let the truth in. | 如果你是一个男人 你就得接受现实 |
[40:22] | You can’t keep cows without a barn. | 你的奶牛不能没有牲口棚 |
[40:25] | You’ll never be a dairy farmer. | 你永远都成不了一个奶农 |
[40:29] | Get off of my land. | 滚出我的农场 |
[40:31] | Ask your wife, she knows. | 去问你的妻子吧 她知道 |
[40:39] | Lesbians or motorists? | 女同性恋或者司机 |
[40:41] | I’m sorry? | 没有听懂 |
[40:43] | Lord Kilmartin wants an issue. | 基尔马丁勋爵想要出版一期报纸 |
[40:45] | Something from you he can put in his newspapers | 他想通过他的报纸 |
[40:47] | so that your name’s in the public consciousness. So… | 让你的名字进入大众视野 |
[40:50] | a steadfast stand against lesbianism | 一个坚定的反同性恋者 |
[40:52] | or should we be furious at plans for a speed limit on our roads? | 或者说我们应该对道路限速计划异常生气吗 |
[40:57] | Is either quite serious enough? | 两者都足够严肃吗 |
[41:00] | Sex and the motor car? | 性和汽车吗 |
[41:02] | Kilmartin’s readership think of nothing else! | 基尔马丁的读者什么也不想吗 |
[41:05] | No, they want to be clear in their minds. | 当然不 在他们的心里清楚的知道 |
[41:08] | Women do not love each other | 女性之间不谈恋爱 |
[41:09] | and motoring is a dangerous sport | 汽车是一种危险的运动 |
[41:11] | certain to be spoilt if rules are attached to it. | 如果被规则依附的话那肯定是会被宠坏的 |
[41:20] | This’ll work. | 行了 |
[41:23] | Bring cows to t’milking machine. | 让奶牛到挤奶机这儿 |
[41:28] | This is our cow shed, Bert. | 伯特 这是我的奶牛棚啊 |
[41:30] | But it’s a bog, look. | 但它像是一个泥塘 |
[41:33] | The cows won’t let down their milk here. | 奶牛不会后悔在这产奶的 |
[41:35] | They just won’t. | 它们肯定不会 |
[41:40] | Robert? | 罗伯特 |
[41:48] | I have to know that what you do and what you say are both true. | 我想知道你做的和你说的都是真的 |
[41:59] | It’s not easy. | 没那么容易 |
[42:01] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:05] | Robert… Would you ban women from loving other women? | 罗伯特 你会禁止女同性恋吗 |
[42:08] | Given who we are, Edmund? What’s it to be? | 这取决于我们的立场 埃德蒙 这是什么 |
[42:11] | Me and your conscience, or politics and power? | 我们的良心 政治观点 还有权力 |
[42:14] | Are we filthy queers or men in love? | 我们是肮脏的男同性恋吗 |
[42:35] | Whoa, walk on, walk on. Whoa, whoa. | 喔 往前走 往前走 喔 |
[42:38] | That’s it… | 就是这个 |
[42:40] | Is that farming? | 这是在干农活吗 |
[42:43] | You stay away from my wife. | 你离我妻子远点 |
[42:45] | You’re mad. | 你疯了吧 |
[42:46] | Stay away from her. | 离她远点 |
[42:48] | You’re too proud, John, you’ll lose everything. | 你太傲慢了 约翰 你会失去一切的 |
[43:01] | For Bert. | 交给伯特 |
[43:40] | I thought I’d better remind myself what it feels like. | 我想我最好提醒一下自己它摸起来像什么 |
[43:46] | Your father came to see me. | 你父母来找过我 |
[43:47] | To ask if you’re happy with my appointment? | 是来询问你对我任职的满意度吗 |
[43:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[43:52] | And are you? | 那你觉得呢 |
[43:57] | It’s breaking the law. | 那是在违反法律 |
[44:00] | I see. | 我知道 |
[44:03] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[44:04] | It was foolish of me to… I’ve broken the law before. | -我真是愚蠢 -我之前也违反过法律 |
[44:10] | The law and what is right | 其实法律和正义 |
[44:14] | aren’t always the same thing. | 往往不能共存的 |
[44:53] | So? | 那么 |
[44:56] | I just, er, wanted to see how everything is. | 我只是想过来看一下 |
[44:59] | Fine. | 一切都还好吗 |
[45:01] | Good. | 那就好 |
[45:04] | That’s excellent. | 你真是太聪明了 |
[45:13] | Are you sure there isn’t something you wanted to ask? | 你确定你没有想要问的吗 |
[45:16] | No, no, no. | 没有 没有 |
[45:19] | I’m really, er… making sure you’re all right out here, | 我真的 就是想确定一下你 |
[45:24] | on your own. | 一个人过得怎么样 |
[45:25] | So this is a visit in your professional capacity? | 那么这次到访是在你的专职范围内吗 |
[45:29] | Sorry? | 你说什么 |
[45:31] | As God’s representative in the village. | 作为上帝的村代表 |
[45:39] | I’m lonely. | 我是孤独的 |
[46:22] | Oh, damn! | 哦 糟糕 |
[46:30] | Agnes? | 艾格尼丝 |
[46:36] | Agnes? | 艾格尼丝 |
[46:41] | What is it? | 你怎么了 |
[46:43] | I’ve lost my job. | 我失业了 |
[46:46] | Oh, no, Agnes. They’ve sacked you? | 哦 不 艾格尼丝 他们把你解雇了 |
[46:51] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[46:52] | What for? | 为什么 |
[46:55] | I was feeling sick from the glue, so I moved. | 我对胶水过敏 所以我就被炒了 |
[47:00] | I won’t have this. | 我不会接受这种理由的 |
[47:01] | We won’t have this. | 我们都不会接受的 |
[47:03] | Grace, you don’t… Don’t be frightened. | -葛蕾丝 你不要 -没事 别害怕 |
[47:06] | You mustn’t be frightened. | 你一定吓坏了 |
[47:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[47:25] | Who’s it from? Mrs Allingham. | -这是谁写的 -啊林厄姆夫人 |
[47:27] | Martha? | 玛莎 |
[47:46] | It looks wonderful! | 看起来棒极了 |
[47:50] | Will it work? | 这管用吗 |
[47:52] | Will people come? | 人们会来吗 |
[48:06] | Nobody came? | 没人来 |
[48:09] | There’s a dance on. | 刚好有场舞会 |
[48:16] | What would you have said? | 你觉得怎样 |
[48:18] | I wasn’t going to speak. | 我不会再谈论这件事的 |
[48:20] | I was going to listen. To the village. | 我会听从安排的 镇子上的安排 |
[48:25] | What would you have said? | 那你认为怎样 |
[48:33] | Agnes Scrivener lost her job at the boot factory | 艾格尼丝 斯克里韦内丢掉了靴厂的工作 |
[48:36] | because she wanted to get away from what’s choking her lungs. | 因为她想逃离让她窒息的地方 |
[48:39] | Now, the man who owns the boot factory… | 现在 靴厂的拥有者是 |
[48:41] | Is Edmund Allingham. | 是 艾蒙得 阿林厄姆. |
[48:44] | I would have asked… | 我想问的是 |
[48:46] | Who’s going to help her? | 谁会帮她 |
[48:48] | Who’s going to fight | 谁会为了她战斗 |
[48:50] | for what she’s too frightened to fight for on her own? | 争取那些她因为太害怕而无法捍卫的事情 |
[48:54] | How does a woman stand up and find her voice? | 女人怎么才能独立起来说出自己的想法 |
[49:05] | Would you consider accompanioning… | 你能考虑和我 |
[49:09] | accompany… | 做我的 |
[49:11] | the dance? | 舞伴吗 |
[49:14] | Do you want to come? | 你想去吗 |
[49:22] | Come on, we’ll be late. | 快点 我们要迟到了 |
[49:24] | You go. I’m fine. | 你先走吧 我没事 |
[49:25] | I’m teaching again. Martha, I absolutely insist. | -我再学一次了 -玛莎 我非常坚持 |
[49:31] | Come on, we’ll terrify the locals. | 来吧 我们会让当地人惊艳的 |
[49:34] | Come on! | 快来 |
[50:20] | You are going to the dance. | 去舞会吧 |
[50:22] | I’ll take you. | 我带你去 |
[50:35] | It’s a dance hall and nobody’s dancing. | 这是舞蹈厅却没有人在跳舞 |
[50:38] | They don’t know how to, Arnold. | 他们不会跳 艾诺德 |
[50:40] | They don’t know how to do it. | 他们不知道怎么跳舞 |
[50:47] | Robert? George. | -罗伯特 -乔治 |
[50:49] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[50:50] | Er… I have to go back to London. | 呃 我得回伦敦 |
[50:53] | Have you said goodbye to Edmund? | 你和艾蒙得告别了吗 |
[50:55] | No. | 并没有 |
[50:56] | I could do it for you. | 我可以帮你 |
[51:02] | What would you like me to say? | 你想让我和他说点什么 |
[51:06] | Tell him… | 告诉他 |
[51:09] | Tell him… | 告诉他 |
[51:14] | I hope it’s worth it. | 我希望他所做的一切都是值得的 |
[51:40] | I’m sorry. I forgot. Farm work? | -抱歉 我忘记了 -忙着农场的活吗 |
[51:46] | Two left feet, me. | 我笨手笨脚的 |
[51:49] | Will you show me how? | 你能给我演示一下怎么做吗 |
[51:51] | Me too. I’m… A farmer! | 我也是 我是..一个农夫 |
[51:56] | Shall we anyway? | 不管怎么说 跳支舞吗 |
[51:58] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[52:24] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[52:25] | Martha! | 玛莎 |
[52:33] | Your letter, I got it. | 我拿到你的信了 |
[52:36] | It’s… beautiful. | 写的 写的很美 |
[52:38] | But it was late, so… | 但是太晚了 所以 |
[52:40] | I’m glad you got it. | 我很高兴你收到了 |
[52:41] | Yeah, thank you! | 是啊 谢谢你 |
[52:45] | It was lucky I found it. | 真幸运啊 我找到它了 |
[52:48] | You found it? | 你找到了 |
[52:49] | In the street. | 在街上 |
[52:51] | Well… who did write it? | 好吧 谁写的 |
[52:54] | It was me. | 就是我啊 |
[52:56] | I wrote it! | 我写的 |
[52:57] | You? | 你 |
[52:59] | Yes, with my left hand. | 是啊 我拿左手写的 |
[53:14] | Maybe the band should play something they all know? | 也许乐队应该演奏点大家都听过的曲子 |
[53:17] | No, it’s not the music. | 不 那都不是音乐 |
[53:20] | They’re all frightened of letting go. | 他们都很害怕 不敢放手 |
[53:24] | Phoebe Phoebe. | |
[53:29] | My mother said not to settle for anything less | 我妈说不要满足于浅薄的 |
[53:32] | than the love she and my father had. | 不及她与父亲深情的爱 |
[54:37] | I’ve got an hour. | 我还有一个小时空闲 |
[54:41] | Are you all right, Agnes? | 你还好吗 艾格尼丝 |
[54:42] | Let’s go. No. | -我们走吧 -不要 |
[54:46] | You took my job. | 你抢走了我的工作 |
[54:48] | You can’t have any more of me. | 你再也不能从我这儿得到任何东西了 |
[54:50] | What? | 什么 |
[54:53] | That was you? | 是你做的 |
[54:54] | The agitator? | 是你鼓动的 |
[54:57] | Come with me, we’ll talk about it privately. Get away from her. | -跟我来 -我们需要私下聊聊 离她远点 |
[55:00] | Fuck off. | 滚开 |
[55:01] | I said get away from her. | 我说离她远点 |
[55:04] | Or what? | 不然怎样 |
[55:05] | You were the one who sacked her. Oh, I get it. | 你就是那个伤害了她的人 -哦我懂了 |
[55:09] | You’re feeling guilty. | 你觉得愧疚了 |
[55:10] | You want to rescue the poor little factory girl you did for? | 你想拯救被你所害的可怜的工厂女孩 |
[55:14] | You’re pathetic. | 你真可悲 |
[55:25] | Leave him alone! | 放开他 |
[55:27] | You leave him alone! | 你放开她 |
[55:29] | Dancing, fighting… | 跳舞 打架 |
[55:33] | This is fantastic, Norma! | 真棒 诺尔玛 |
[55:35] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[55:55] | Pounce. | 抱我 |
[56:14] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[56:16] | Joy. | 乔伊 |
[56:18] | What? | 什么 |
[56:19] | Joy | 乔伊 |
[56:30] | I’m lonely, too. | 我也很孤独 |
[56:39] | John? | 约翰 |
[56:44] | Wrong way round… | 走错路了 |
[56:47] | ..Bringing cows to t’machine in t’mud. | 把牛带到泥巴地的机器那边去 |
[56:51] | It’s a mither. | 她是牛妈妈????? |
[57:02] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[57:11] | You see, we bring t’machine to the cows. | 你看 我们把机器运到牛这 |
[57:15] | Whoa, whoa. | 呜~呜~ |
[57:19] | Where were you tonight? | 你今晚在哪 |
[57:23] | The Institute. | 在会所里 |
[57:27] | Oh, well, you’re home now. | 哦 好吧 你现在在家了 |
[57:33] | Dry land. | 地面真干啊 |
[57:37] | It’s as firm as Hankin’s dance floor! | 就像汉金的舞厅地板 |
[57:57] | ‘Love had danced into the village | 爱跳着舞旋进了小镇 |
[57:59] | ‘and announced its giddy power. | 并且向大家宣告着它那令人眼花缭乱的力量 |
[58:02] | ‘It brought with it the twinned agonies of happiness and pain | 它带来了幸福与苦痛的双重苦恼 |
[58:06] | ‘and every emotion in between. | 也掺杂着其中每一种暧昧不明的情感 |
[58:09] | ‘It was the roaring ’20s | 那是兴盛的二十年代的美国 |
[58:11] | ‘and love – public, private, thrilling, reckless – | 而爱 公开热烈的爱 私密晦涩的爱 令人兴奋的爱 莽撞勇敢的爱 |
[58:15] | ‘had made its move | 让二十年代动容 |
[58:17] | ‘and asked its big questions. | 也质问着二十年代的人们一个大问题 |
[58:19] | ‘What’s the best of us and the worst? | 我们所经历的极悲极乐之事,都是什么 |
[58:23] | ‘Shall we dance?’ | 来跳支舞吧 |