时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:18] | 罪 夜 之 谜 第4集 | |
[02:11] | You’re on your own. | 靠你自己了 |
[02:48] | Yeah? | 哪位 |
[02:51] | It is. | 是我 |
[02:53] | Which prison? Okay, I’ll be there. | 哪个监狱 好 我就到 |
[02:57] | 250 bucks, no personal checks. Don’t talk to anybody. | 250块 不收支票 别跟任何人交谈 |
[03:00] | We’ve got Patricia live out there now. Patricia? | #我们把现场交给派翠西娅 你好# |
[03:03] | Thanks, Roger. I’m standing outside | #谢谢罗杰 我此时在杰克逊高地# |
[03:06] | Nasir Khan’s Jackson Heights home. | #纳西尔·卡恩家的门外# |
[03:08] | We understand this is where the murder suspect | #这个地方是谋杀案嫌疑人# |
[03:10] | lives with his parents and brother. | #和他父母以及哥哥的住所# |
[03:22] | Mr. Khan! | 卡恩先生 |
[03:40] | – Salaam alaikum. – Alaikum salaam. | -愿你平安 -愿你平安 |
[03:43] | Check it out. My son’s sick, | 听我说 我儿子病了 |
[03:45] | so my wife couldn’t make it to put money in my account. | 我老婆没能按时给我打钱 |
[03:47] | Know what I’m saying? So maybe you do me a solid | 懂我意思吗 你站我前边 |
[03:49] | and front me for a few things. | 或许注定是来帮我的 |
[03:51] | I’ll settle up with you tomorrow, no doubt. | 明天我就把钱还你 放心吧 |
[03:54] | Next. | 下一个 |
[03:58] | Give me six beef jerkies, | 六袋牛肉干 |
[04:01] | six honey buns, a bowl of moisturizer, | 六个蜂蜜包 一瓶保湿霜 |
[04:04] | a box of Q-tips, some Japanese noodle cups, | 一盒棉签 几个日本杯面 |
[04:08] | say, six, and that jigsaw puzzle there. | 六个吧 还要那个拼图 |
[04:14] | Next. | 下一个 |
[04:18] | Can I please get some… instant lunch chicken noodles? | 我要几包… 鸡肉午餐面 |
[04:21] | You know you just got took. You know that, right? | 你知道自己被讹了 对吧 |
[04:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:27] | What the fuck is wrong with you, man? | 你他妈没毛病吧 兄弟 |
[04:29] | That’s gonna happen every day now. | 这种烂事天天发生 |
[04:33] | Everybody knows about that girl you raped and killed. | 所有人都听说被你先奸后杀的那个女孩的事 |
[04:36] | – What you got to do now… – I didn’t rape and kill anybody. | -你是要干嘛… -我没强奸谁也没杀谁 |
[04:38] | Did I ask you that? | 我问你了吗 |
[04:41] | What you got to do now is start walking like a man | 你现在要挺起腰来 走路有点爷们样 |
[04:44] | who’s not afraid to look a man in the eye, | 别畏畏缩缩地不敢看人 |
[04:47] | only don’t you ever look him in the eye ’cause you’ll regret that. | 也别直视对方 不然你会后悔的 |
[04:50] | You know what I’m saying? | 懂我的意思吗 |
[04:52] | So, look and don’t look someone in the eye? | 看而不直视对方吗 |
[04:55] | How am I supposed to do that? | 我该怎么看才对 |
[04:56] | Like this. | 这么看 |
[05:07] | It’s easy. You. | 很简单 你来 |
[05:16] | Okay. | 就这样 |
[05:17] | And when you fuck that up, and a man want to talk to you | 你要是惹了麻烦 有人过来找你说话 |
[05:21] | for motherfucking staring in their eye, | 你就他妈盯着他们眼睛看 |
[05:23] | you just be polite and respectful | 要有礼貌 面带尊重 |
[05:27] | ’cause respect’s all’s anybody’s got here. | 尊重这里的每个人 |
[05:31] | But if they still want to fuck with you, disrespect you, | 假如有人想找你麻烦 对你不敬 |
[05:36] | then you better stand your motherfucking ground, | 就算你被人爆了菊 |
[05:38] | even if you got to get your ass beat. | 也最好坚强一点 |
[05:40] | ‘Cause you start backing down in here, | 因为你得在牢里混了 |
[05:43] | you fair game and you done. You hear me? | 别再谈什么公不公平 听到没 |
[05:50] | Good. | 好 |
[05:53] | I’ll make a proper convict of you yet. | 我会教你做模范罪犯 |
[05:58] | I tell the barber, “This ain’t the cut I asked for, | 我跟理发师说 “我要剪的不是这发型 |
[06:01] | and I ain’t leaving the chair until I get it.” | 你剪不出来 我就不走” |
[06:04] | He says, “You want a good cut?” | 他说”你要一顿好砍吗”[理个帅发型] |
[06:06] | Next thing I know, he comes out with this machete. | 紧接着 他就拿了把砍刀出来 |
[06:09] | I swear to God, I just went all instinctual on it, you know? | 我发誓 我那纯属本能反应 |
[06:13] | I didn’t realize I stabbed his ass | 直到警察夺走我拿的剪刀 |
[06:17] | until police pulled the scissors out my hand. | 我才发现我戳烂了他屁股 |
[06:22] | So you were in fear for your life? | 你对人生充满恐惧吗 |
[06:25] | Hell, yeah. It was like a dream. | 当然 简直像一场噩梦 |
[06:28] | In fact, I ain’t even sure if it was me. | 我都不信这是我干的 |
[06:36] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[06:41] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[07:02] | …valley of the shadow of death, | …行过死荫的幽谷 |
[07:04] | I will fear no evil, for thou art with me. | 也不怕遭害 因为你与我同在 |
[07:07] | Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me. | 必有恩惠与慈爱随着我 |
[07:15] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[07:27] | “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, | “上帝会拭去他们眼中所有泪水 |
[07:31] | and there shall be no more death, | 不再有死亡 |
[07:34] | no sorrow, no pain.” | 没有痛苦 没有悲伤” |
[07:38] | My condolences. | 请节哀 |
[07:40] | – Who are you, again? – John. | -你是谁啊 -约翰 |
[07:43] | I’m investigating what happened. | 我在调查案件的真相 |
[07:46] | – You’re a detective? – An officer of the court. | -你是侦探吗 -法庭工作人员 |
[07:49] | You all were close? | 你们很熟吗 |
[07:51] | I see you’ve met Mr. Stone. | 这不是斯通先生嘛 |
[07:54] | Did he introduce himself properly? | 他做了自我介绍吗 |
[07:56] | He’s the attorney for Nasir Khan, or was. | 他是纳西尔·卡恩的律师 或者曾经是 |
[08:00] | So, whatever he wants from you right now | 不管他现在找你们套什么话 |
[08:02] | is to help your friend’s murderer. | 都是为帮你们的朋友 |
[08:05] | Correct me if I’m wrong. | 要是我说错了请纠正 |
[08:07] | I’m just offering my condolences as a private citizen. | 我只是表达一个普通公民的哀悼 |
[08:12] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[08:14] | I’m doing what you should be doing. | 做你该做的事 |
[08:17] | I’m trying to figure out what happened. | 我想弄清事情的真相 |
[08:20] | -I know what happened. -I don’t think so. | -我知道真相 -我不认为 |
[08:23] | I don’t even think you think so. | 我甚至不认为你想过 |
[08:30] | You bother any of these people again, I won’t be happy about it. | 你要再打扰他们 我就对你不客气 |
[08:45] | This is family business. Get out of here. | 这是家事 滚开 |
[08:49] | – Yeah, mind your business. – What are you even doing here? | -管好你自己的事 -你在这干嘛 |
[08:51] | What do you mean, what am I doing here? | 什么意思 什么叫我在这干嘛 |
[08:53] | I’m part of the fucking family. | 我也是家庭一员 |
[08:54] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[08:55] | Yeah, sign the papers and send the checks. | 对 签了文件 寄支票来 |
[08:58] | Don’t fucking call me anymore. | 别他妈打我电话了 |
[08:59] | Call me again, see what happens. | 有本事你再打试试 |
[09:01] | All right? Call me again. Fucking prick! | 听到没 再打试试 妈了个逼 |
[10:28] | You want to know who’s who in the zoo, | 要想知道这里的角色 |
[10:31] | who to watch out for, | 谁比较危险 |
[10:34] | you got to check out those card games, | 你得留意那些玩牌的 |
[10:36] | see who got the temper, who got the cool. | 看谁脾气爆 谁很冷静 |
[10:39] | Only don’t you get in any of those games | 反正别参与那些游戏 |
[10:40] | ’cause what you don’t want to wind up is owing somebody money. | 因为欠别人钱就是倒霉的开始 |
[10:44] | That song don’t end, my nigga. | 没完没了的 兄弟 |
[10:47] | And get some meat on you, man. | 你得练点肌肉 哥们 |
[10:48] | Start eating, working out. | 多吃 锻炼 |
[10:51] | But don’t just go in there and start pumping, man. | 但别一过去就开始傻练 |
[10:53] | First you got to look around, you know? | 你先得观察一下 知道吗 |
[10:56] | You see who’s where, which crew got benches, | 看谁在那边 哪帮人占了位置 |
[10:59] | – ’cause ain’t no crashing that party. – Okay. | -千万别去打搅他们 -好的 |
[11:02] | Okay. | 那就行 |
[11:06] | Now, that man right there… | 看 那边那个家伙… |
[11:08] | I’m not playing with this dude. | 我不跟他打交道 |
[11:09] | You know who that be? | 知道那是谁吗 |
[11:11] | Yeah, kind of. | 大概吧 |
[11:13] | Charm a brother, promising this, that, and the other. | 拉帮结伙 承诺这样那样的好处 |
[11:17] | Next thing you know, he got your ass by the throat. | 等你上钩了 你就完了 |
[11:20] | With all the muscle he got in here, | 他有了这么多帮手 |
[11:21] | he don’t got to do that any more | 现在的他今非昔比 |
[11:23] | than a spider need to sweet-talk a fly. You know what I’m saying? | 不用对谁先礼后兵 懂我说什么吗 |
[11:26] | Well, someone else told me I should make a deal with him. | 有人说我应该和他做交易 |
[11:31] | – Who? – With him. | -谁 -跟他 |
[11:34] | – Nah. Who told you that? – Some guy. | -不 谁跟你说的 -某个人 |
[11:37] | – Who the fuck guy? – I don’t know his name. | -哪个家伙 -我不知道名字 |
[11:41] | He wrong. | 他错了 |
[11:43] | He leading your ass down the garden pass with that advice. | 出这个馊主意 是把你往火坑里推 |
[11:47] | Yeah, right. | 是啊 |
[11:50] | That’s bullshit. | 扯淡 |
[12:02] | – Are you taking pictures? – Me? Nah, I was just… | -你在拍照吗 -我吗 没拍 我在… |
[12:06] | – Let me see your phone. – No. | -手机拿给我看 -不行 |
[12:10] | You’re invading people’s privacy. You need to leave. | 你在侵犯他人隐私 请离开 |
[12:13] | No, I was just… | 不 只是… |
[12:15] | My son. We’re trying to find a good rehab facility. | 我儿子啦 我在给他物色戒毒所 |
[12:19] | – Oh, bullshit. – No, really. | -扯淡 -不 真的 |
[12:20] | Then call and make an appointment, | 那就先打电话预约 |
[12:23] | but you need to get off the block now. | 现在请你离开这里 快点 |
[12:28] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:30] | I’m going. | 我就走 |
[12:34] | Hey, it’s a free country. | 这可是自由国家 |
[12:47] | Given what’s happened, we think it’d be best | 根据目前情况 我们觉得… |
[12:49] | if Hasan were to take a leave from school. | 哈桑最好暂时休学 |
[12:52] | A leave? How’s he gonna keep up if he leaves? | 休学 那他学业怎么办 |
[12:55] | You could hire a tutor to come to your home. | 你们可以请家教 |
[12:58] | Don’t you understand? He fought back because he was provoked. | 你难道不明白吗 他是被激怒才还击的 |
[13:02] | No doubt. But some parents have expressed concern, too, | 没错 可是有些家长对他颇有微词 |
[13:06] | about his presence in the classroom. | 不希望他待在班上 |
[13:07] | And we have to think of the entire community… | 我们也得考虑舆论… |
[13:09] | No. He is on the honor roll. He does his homework. | 不 他是个优等生 按时完成作业 |
[13:13] | The police took his schoolbooks, | 警察把他课本搜走了 |
[13:15] | but he still gets A’s on his tests. | 可他考试成绩还是A |
[13:18] | -Do you think I want to do this? -Then don’t. | -你以为我想这样吗 -那就别这样 |
[13:24] | I’m sorry. | 实在抱歉 |
[13:28] | Yeah, yeah, hang tight, okay? | 先挺住 行吗 |
[13:30] | All right. Hang tight. I’ll be there. | 等着 我马上来 |
[13:32] | I’m heading downtown. | 我正往市区走 |
[13:35] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[13:37] | Hey, good luck with your son. | 喂 祝你儿子戒毒成功 |
[13:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:44] | Lynn thought you were a reporter. | 林恩觉得你是记者 |
[13:47] | I look like a reporter? | 我像记者吗 |
[13:49] | Print, maybe. On camera, no. | 可能是纸媒 不是电视记者 |
[13:55] | She was a patient? | 她在那戒过毒吗 |
[13:56] | “She,” Like I’m a mind reader? | 哪个”她” 难道我会读心吗 |
[13:58] | Yeah, like you’re a mind reader. | 对 一看你就会 |
[14:02] | Give me your phone. I’ll snap her file. | 把你手机给我 我拍她资料给你 |
[14:05] | Give me yours. I’ll put my number in. You can shoot it in texts. | 你手机给我 我给你号码 拍完传给我 |
[14:08] | So they can trace it back to me? Nope. | 别人会追踪到我的 不行 |
[14:11] | Most of the ATMs around here max out at $200, | 这片多数ATM提款限额是200块 |
[14:14] | but the one up on 14th by the CVS kicks out $350. | 只有14街便利店旁的ATM限额是350块 |
[14:18] | Meet me back here in an hour. | 一小时后那边见 |
[14:21] | – $350? – That’s right. | -350块 -没错 |
[14:34] | Don’t lose that phone! | 别把我手机弄丢了 |
[14:36] | What phone? | 啥手机 |
[14:38] | I’m kidding. | 逗你呢 |
[14:56] | Now, understand, everything in here is a weapon. | 你得明白 这里什么都能当武器 |
[15:00] | and I mean, everything. | 所有东西 |
[15:02] | match, toothpick, thread, | 火柴 牙签 线 |
[15:04] | ink tube from your fucking pen. | 钢笔的墨管 |
[15:07] | Even that. Not even boiling, neither. | 多了去 开水也不例外 |
[15:10] | It’s hot enough to mix up your noodles, | 它可以烫熟泡面 |
[15:12] | your Swiss Miss or whatever. | 冲开可可粉什么的 |
[15:14] | Squirt some baby oil in it, | 加润肤油进去 |
[15:16] | throw that on a dude, shit is like napalm. | 往身上一泼 像燃烧弹那样 |
[15:18] | Take your skin right off. | 烫得你皮开肉绽 |
[15:20] | Where do they get the baby oil? | 从哪儿搞到润肤油呢 |
[15:22] | Commissary. Ain’t that some shit? | 供应站 很牛逼吧 |
[15:24] | Yo, blood. | 喂 小弟[帮派称呼] |
[15:25] | Yo, blood, you play Spades? I need a partner. | 喂 小弟 玩牌不 三缺一 |
[15:34] | That’s right. You don’t want to owe anybody. | 就这样 别欠任何人钱 |
[15:38] | Anyway… | 不管怎样… |
[15:52] | Here you go. From now on, anybody else you want | 给你 从现在起 如果需要 |
[15:54] | to know about, it’s a straight $100 head. | 其他人的资料 一人一百 |
[15:56] | We got a shitload of celebrities this year. All right? | 今年有好多名人出事 知道吗 |
[16:28] | Your Honor, when my client was erroneously picked up | 法官大人 在昨晚的扫黄行动中 |
[16:32] | in last night’s pro sweep, | 我的委托人被误捕 |
[16:34] | she was carrying a six-pack of formula | 当时她正拿着六罐装的婴儿奶粉 |
[16:37] | and a box of disposable diapers. | 和一盒一次性尿布 |
[16:40] | I mean, what kind of lady of the night are we talking about here? | 这名妓女会是什么身份呢 |
[16:46] | Are you sure the diapers were for a baby? | 你确定尿布是给婴儿用的 |
[16:49] | They were Pampers, Your Honor, not Grampers. | 是帮宝适[尿布] 法官大人 不是格来适[成人尿布] |
[16:54] | If the state has no objection to dismissal? | 检方对撤诉有异议吗 |
[16:57] | No objection, Your Honor. | 无异议 法官大人 |
[17:00] | See you next time. | 下次见吧 |
[17:02] | Next. | 下一个 |
[17:05] | The people vs. Daniel Evans Farkas… | 检方起诉丹尼尔·埃文斯·法卡斯… |
[17:07] | Ten percent finder’s fee. | 中介费10% |
[17:09] | 2/6 of 2014. | 2014年2月6日 |
[17:10] | So you got any time tonight? | 你今晚有空吗 |
[17:12] | I got some. | 有啊 |
[17:14] | Hey. There you are. | 哟 这么巧 |
[17:16] | You just saved me from having to deal with your boss. | 正好 免得再跟你老板扯犊子 |
[17:20] | I’ll be out in a minute. | 我很快就出来 |
[17:21] | – Let me buy you a coffee, huh? – Yeah, okay. | -请你喝杯咖啡 -好啊 |
[17:33] | She’s been in there three times the last two years, | 近两年来她戒过三次毒 |
[17:38] | crashed out every time. | 每次都失败了 |
[17:39] | And that’s not saying she hasn’t been other places, too. | 并不是说她没去过别的戒毒所 |
[17:41] | I’d definitely check into that if I was you. | 我要是你 我会从这里查 |
[17:44] | This isn’t admissible. | 法庭不承认这些 |
[17:45] | Why not? I paid good money for it. | 为啥 我可是下了血本的 |
[17:51] | Of course it isn’t, not without a subpoena, | 没传票的话 当然不承认 |
[17:54] | so you should get one. | 去申请传票吧 |
[17:55] | You should also check to see if she’s got a sheet. A rap sheet. | 再去查她有没有案底 刑事档案 |
[17:58] | Yeah, I know what a sheet is, | 是 我知道什么是案底 |
[18:00] | but what does it matter? She’s the victim. | 又有什么用呢 她是受害人 |
[18:02] | What, Naz isn’t, too? | 怎么 纳兹不是吗 |
[18:04] | If I was still his lawyer, I’d at least pretend I thought so. | 我若还是他的律师 至少我会假装信他 |
[18:10] | It’s like having a nuclear arsenal. | 就像你有核武器 |
[18:11] | You don’t want to use it, but if the other side knows you got it, | 你并不想用 但如果对方知道你有 |
[18:14] | they tend to come to the table sooner. | 他们就会乖乖坐下来谈判 |
[18:17] | And you can stop staring at my feet any time you want. | 你别一直盯着我的脚看了 |
[18:19] | I’m sorry. It’s just… my father has the same condition, | 抱歉 只是… 我爸以前也这样 |
[18:23] | – not as bad, but, uh… – You know what I really resent? | -没那么严重 不过… -你知道我最讨厌什么吗 |
[18:27] | Attractive, young women | 年轻迷人的女士们 |
[18:28] | telling me I remind them of their fathers. | 说我让她们想起父亲 |
[18:37] | So, you want them? | 这些 你要吗 |
[18:47] | -Yes. – Cost me 500 bucks. | -要 -我花了五百买的 |
[18:51] | I prefer a money order. | 开汇票给我吧 |
[19:00] | Nice doing business with you. | 合作愉快 |
[19:14] | Take those off. Change into these. | 身上的脱下来 换这套 |
[19:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:18] | ‘Cause Freddy said they match your eyes. | 弗莱迪说这套跟你眼睛更配 |
[19:20] | Just do it. | 照办吧 |
[19:25] | What if I want to keep this one? | 我要是不想换呢 |
[19:27] | Then you’re an idiot. | 那你就是傻逼 |
[20:01] | Thanks, Marcus. | 谢了 马库斯 |
[20:07] | She’ll text you, and then you’ll pick me up right here. | 她会给你短信 然后你在这儿接我 |
[20:10] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 |
[20:27] | – Go to two. Go, two. – All right. Yeah, yeah. | -二号 去二号 -好的 好的 |
[20:34] | Mr. Khan! Mr. Khan! | 卡恩先生 |
[20:45] | – When’s Khan up? – Like 10th. | -卡恩什么时候上 -第十个吧 |
[20:51] | Bump him to first. | 把他调到第一个 |
[20:53] | I want these cameras out of here. | 我不想看见这些摄像机 |
[20:59] | Hello. I’m here to see Nasir Khan. | 你好 我想见纳西尔·卡恩 |
[21:01] | Who’s Nasir Khan? | 谁是纳西尔·卡恩 |
[21:03] | – Yo, who wants to know, man? – Where’s my aspirin? | -关老子屁事 -哥的止痛药呢 |
[21:05] | – What’s up? – Goddamn! | -你好啊 -该死的 |
[21:07] | Go on. Go sit with the guards. I need a coffee. | 去吧 跟警卫坐坐 给我杯咖啡 |
[21:10] | Nasir, hi. Sit down. | 纳西尔 你好 请坐 |
[21:14] | Hello, I’m Alison. | 你好 我是艾莉森 |
[21:16] | I’m your new attorney, and I’m here to help you. | 我是你的新律师 过来帮你的 |
[21:18] | Help me! I’m migraining like a motherfucker here. | 帮我啊 哥的偏头痛简直要命 |
[21:20] | And in order to help you, I need you… | 为了帮你 我要你… |
[21:21] | They supposed to get me to get me an aspirin, but they didn’t. | 他们该给我拿止痛药 结果没人拿 |
[21:23] | Okay, sir. | 行了 先生 |
[21:25] | In order to help you, I need you to trust me | 为了帮你 我需要你的信任 |
[21:27] | like you’ve never trusted anyone in your life. | 要信任我胜过信任所以人 |
[21:29] | I need you to listen to me, | 我要你听我说 |
[21:30] | everything I say, from this moment on. | 从现在起 我说的每一句话 |
[21:32] | – You think you can do that for me? – Yeah. | -你能做到吗 -能 |
[21:36] | Good. One, when we go out there, I do all the talking. | 很好 一 等离开这儿时 说话的事交给我 |
[21:40] | Two, do not smile. Do not scowl. Do not slump. | 二 别笑 别皱眉头 也别垂头丧气 |
[21:43] | Keep your head up. Look straight ahead. | 仰起头来 朝前直视 |
[21:45] | But don’t stare at anybody. | 但不要盯着任何人 |
[21:47] | What’s funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[21:49] | Look, but don’t look anybody in the eye. | 看 但不要和任何人对视 |
[21:50] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[21:51] | Nah, man, that ain’t right. You got to make eye contact, | 这话不对 哥们 你得有眼神对视 |
[21:54] | – show them you’re not afraid. – Was I talking to you? | -不能露怯 -我在跟你讲话吗 |
[21:56] | – I’m just saying. – Go away. | -说说而已 -少废话 |
[21:57] | Three, circus geek is never a winning look. | 三 胜利者绝不会喜形于色 |
[22:10] | At least they didn’t put you in an orange jumpsuit. | 至少他们不会让你穿一身橘色连衣裤 |
[22:21] | I know. It looks like two Subway sandwiches. | 我知道 像两块赛百味三明治吧 |
[22:28] | Go up. Next. | 走吧 下一个 |
[22:41] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干嘛 |
[22:44] | Just getting a feel for what’s coming, John. | 感受一下即将到来的事 约翰 |
[22:47] | You? You know, I live here. | 你 你懂得 我住这儿 |
[22:50] | The people vs. Nasir Khan, indictment number 4157 OF 2014. | 检方起诉纳西尔·卡恩 编号是2014年4157号 |
[22:56] | Arraign the defendant. | 传被告入庭 |
[22:57] | The grand jury of the state of New York has indicted you | 纽约州大陪审团已经指控你 |
[22:59] | for the crimes of possession of a weapon | 犯有持武器蓄意谋杀罪 |
[23:01] | for deadly purpose, resisting arrest, | 拒绝逮捕罪 |
[23:03] | aggravated sexual assault in the first degree, | 一级严重性侵罪 |
[23:04] | and murder in the first degree. How do you plead? | 一级谋杀罪 有什么要辩护的 |
[23:09] | We’ve got a full dance card today, folks. | 今天日程排得很满 伙计们 |
[23:12] | – Not guilty. – Not guilty. | -无罪 -无罪 |
[23:14] | There you go. | 又是这句 |
[23:16] | Your Honor, at this point, | 法官大人 就这点 |
[23:18] | I am filing a copy of the indictment report | 我提供了一份起诉报告 |
[23:20] | and the victim disclosure statement report. | 和受害者的公开声明报告的复刻版 |
[23:22] | Your Honor, I wasn’t here for the preliminary arraignment | 法官大人 初审时我不在场 |
[23:24] | due to the fact that I wasn’t yet retained, | 因为我那时还不是他律师 |
[23:25] | but I’m certainly here now. And it is my understanding | 但现在我在 我的理解是 |
[23:28] | that when my client was remanded at that first hearing, | 当我委托人初次上庭 被判还押候审时 |
[23:30] | he was advised the issue of reasonable | 有人建议他说会有合理的 |
[23:33] | and affordable bail would be revisited, | 可接受的保释提议 |
[23:34] | so that’s what we’re doing now. | 这是我们现在做的 |
[23:36] | Mr. Khan vigorously maintains his innocence and is intent | 卡恩先生坚定地坚持他的清白 |
[23:39] | on fighting these charges until he’s exonerated. | 且直到被免罪 他都会和这些控告斗争到底 |
[23:41] | He wants to go to trial, and so is not a flight risk. | 他愿意参加庭审 这不是潜逃风险 |
[23:45] | If we instead would like to see a young man | 如果我们想看一个清白的年轻人 |
[23:47] | with no criminal record turned into a criminal, | 无端端变成一个罪犯 |
[23:49] | then let’s have him sit at Rikers | 那就让他在正义到来前 |
[23:51] | as long as the slow wheels of justice take. | 一直坐冷板凳吧 |
[23:53] | Your Honor, it’s a felony murder. He’s facing life. | 法官大人 这是重罪谋杀 他正当壮年 |
[23:56] | There’s no bail high enough to guarantee he won’t take off. | 保释金再高都无法保证他不会潜逃 |
[23:58] | Where? Where is he gonna go? | 哪儿 他要往哪儿逃 |
[24:02] | To Pakistan, where he’s never been? | 去他从没去过的巴基斯坦吗 |
[24:04] | To some al-Qaeda training camp? I mean, what is going on here? | 去某个基地组织训练营吗 有什么好纠结的 |
[24:07] | There’s nothing going on here. | 没什么好纠结的 |
[24:09] | Well, he doesn’t even own a passport, | 他连护照都没有 |
[24:11] | so where is he going to go? | 请问他能去哪儿 |
[24:13] | Your Honor, I don’t know if it was media pressure | 法官大人 我不清楚是否是媒体压力 |
[24:16] | or political pressure or just good old-fashioned 9/11 profiling, | 政治压力 又或是老掉牙的9/11事件所致 |
[24:19] | but I have never seen a grand jury dance so fast in my life, | 但我这辈子没见过大陪审团变卦如此快 |
[24:22] | leaving me no time to properly prepare. | 简直让我无暇准备 |
[24:24] | Prepare for what? This isn’t his trial. | 准备什么 这又不是正审 |
[24:27] | You’ll have plenty of time to prepare. | 你有足够时间准备 |
[24:29] | And it’s not as if he didn’t have professional counsel before. | 说的好像他之前没有专业法律顾问一样 |
[24:32] | Excuse me? “Professional counsel”? He had John Stone. | 什么 专业法律顾问 之前是约翰·斯通好吗 |
[24:38] | – Ms. Crowe… – Your Honor? | -克罗女士… -法官大人 |
[24:40] | Not in my court. | 请注意言辞 |
[24:43] | I apologize. | 抱歉 |
[24:46] | Your client seems to have a little trouble looking at me. | 你的委托人看我有些怪怪的 |
[24:50] | Look at the judge. | 看着法官 |
[24:53] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[24:54] | Mr. Khan, I see no reason to change your bail status. | 卡恩先生 申请保释的理由不充分 |
[24:59] | You remain on remand, and we’re done here. Next. | 依旧还押候审 就这样 下一位 |
[25:09] | The people vs. Luke Waltman, | 检方诉卢克·沃特曼 |
[25:11] | indictment number 6244 of year 2014. | 起诉编号 2014年 6244号 |
[25:15] | Johnny, that was uncalled for. | 约翰尼 这可不对劲啊 |
[25:21] | This is not a level playing field here. | 这个案件显然不公平 |
[25:23] | The victim is an upper-class Caucasian, | 受害人是上流社会的高加索人[白种人] |
[25:26] | the accused a striving member of | 被告人则是一位无名小卒 |
[25:28] | one of the most reviled ethnicities in America. | 出身于美国遭辱骂最重的种族 |
[25:31] | May I say something? | 我能说几句吗 |
[25:32] | My client was consciously over-indicted | 我的委托人被地检办 |
[25:34] | by a D.A.’s office eager to score fast and score big, | 急于迅速而准确地定罪 |
[25:37] | and we look forward to our day in court. Thank you. | 我们期望在庭上拥有发言权 谢谢 |
[25:40] | Next time, don’t interrupt me | 下次 别打断我 |
[25:42] | when I’m trying to save your son’s life. | 除非你不想救你儿子的命 |
[26:02] | All right, keep it moving. Let’s go. | 好的 继续 走吧 |
[26:08] | Gate! | 开门 |
[26:24] | Fuck! | 我操 |
[26:54] | – I want to talk to Freddy. – He want to talk to you? | -我想和弗莱迪谈谈 -他想和你谈吗 |
[26:59] | Ask him. | 问他去 |
[27:02] | Just tell your sister to load up a Green Dot card, | 叫你姐姐充一张绿点卡 |
[27:05] | text me the account, and we good. | 短信发账号给我 就没事了 |
[27:09] | Any chance of an advanced taste? | 能先分点甜头吗 |
[27:22] | Let him in. | 让他进来 |
[27:28] | Why the green one? | 为什么是绿的 |
[27:29] | Because orange means violent felon. | 因为橘色是暴力恶棍 |
[27:33] | It kind of predisposes the judge in a way | 会让法官在某种程度上偏向于 |
[27:35] | that’s not to your advantage. | 对你不利的结果 |
[27:39] | I didn’t ask for it. | 我没有求你 |
[27:40] | But you wore it, didn’t you? | 可你穿了 是不是 |
[27:46] | Don’t worry about it, man. We cool. You don’t owe me nothing. | 别担心 兄弟 没事 你不欠我什么 |
[27:54] | Anything else? | 还有事吗 |
[27:56] | Why me? | 干嘛帮我 |
[28:01] | That’s good enough. | 可以了 |
[28:11] | Why you? | 干嘛帮你 |
[28:13] | Let me show you something. | 给你看样东西 |
[28:23] | Out of all of this, what am I most proud of? | 这些东西里面 什么最让我骄傲 |
[28:43] | That. | 那个 |
[28:45] | Yeah, that’s right. | 对 没错 |
[28:51] | 纽约市教育局 惠特·克林顿博士高中 该证书谨为奖励 弗莱德·E·奈特 顺利完成四年高中课程而颁布 | |
[28:53] | See, most convicts… | 你看 多数犯人… |
[28:55] | I mean, they got any kind of paper at all, | 他们根本没混到文凭 |
[28:57] | it’s some “Study in your cell at night” GED bullshit. | 只有些 “晚上在牢里好好学习” 这种屁话 |
[29:02] | See, me, I like school, so I did it right. | 我呢 我喜欢读书 所以我成绩很好 |
[29:06] | I mean, life wound up taking me where it took me, | 不过 生活最终把我送回了原点 |
[29:10] | but still, right? | 说”还是”确切点 |
[29:14] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[29:19] | You know what the two most popular books in the prison library is? | 知道监狱图书馆里哪两本书最受欢迎吗 |
[29:26] | “The Art of War,” for obvious reasons. | “孙子兵法” 这个显而易见 |
[29:29] | And “The Other Side of Midnight,” for obvious reasons. | 还有”午夜情挑” 同样好理解 |
[29:34] | You want to learn what it takes to survive in here… | 你要想知道 如何在此生存… |
[29:42] | Read this. | 看看吧 |
[29:44] | The man can write about dogs and teach you everything you need to know. | 这人通过写狗的事 教你处世的原则 |
[29:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:54] | But I’ve read it. | 但我看过了 |
[30:02] | Hey! | 喂 |
[30:05] | That’s my money, all of it. | 那是我的钱 都是我的 |
[30:07] | You see that big dude right there, Victor? | 看见那个大个吗 他叫维克多 |
[30:11] | I asked him once, “Well, where’s the Gaza Strip?” | 我有次问他 “加沙地带在哪”[strip双关”脱衣舞”] |
[30:14] | You want to know what he said? | 知道他怎么说吗 |
[30:17] | “Vegas.” | “维加斯”[赌城] |
[30:23] | And then comes this bright little college motherfucker. | 之后来了个小逼崽子大学生 |
[30:30] | Like a care package for my brain. | 就像我的大脑补给包 |
[30:34] | That’s why you. | 所以我才帮你 |
[30:38] | But you still got to ask, | 可你还得说出来 |
[30:41] | or I can’t help you. | 否则我帮不了你 |
[30:43] | Help me what? | 帮我什么 |
[30:46] | Survive. | 生存 |
[30:49] | See, survival in here | 你看 在这里生存 |
[30:52] | is all about your alliances, my desert brother. | 纯粹是拼盟友 阿拉伯兄弟 |
[30:59] | Those husky dogs knew that. | 哈士奇们[代指犯人]明白的 |
[31:25] | – I like it on. – I like it off. | -我喜欢开灯做 -我喜欢关灯 |
[31:32] | No, I want it… I… I like it on. | 不 我想… 我喜欢穿衣服做 |
[31:35] | – Okay. – I like it on. | -好吧 -我要穿衣服 |
[31:36] | Okay. Oh, yeah. | 好 就这样 |
[31:41] | Oh, that’s it. That’s it, Johnny. | 就这样 好爽 约翰尼 |
[31:43] | That’s it. That’s it. That’s it. That’s it. | 就这样 爽爆了 继续 |
[31:55] | Oh… Oh, yeah. | 哦… 好爽 |
[31:58] | Oh… Yeah. | 哦… 舒服 |
[32:00] | – I need a towel. – Okay. | -我要用毛巾 -去吧 |
[32:11] | Oh, God. | 老天爷 |
[32:16] | Thank you for today, baby. | 谢谢今天帮我 宝贝 |
[32:18] | Thank you for tonight. | 谢谢今晚陪我 |
[32:49] | So don’t you want to know what I’m in for? | 不想知道我怎么入狱的吗 |
[32:54] | I was told never to ask that. | 有人叫我不要问这些 |
[32:57] | By who? | 谁啊 |
[33:00] | The “Be Freddy’s Bitch” dude again. | 又是”来做弗莱迪走狗吧”那货 |
[33:04] | Fuck that nigga. | 操他丫的黑鬼 |
[33:07] | I had a niece around the same age as your bro. | 我曾有个侄女 和你弟弟差不多大 |
[33:12] | Got murdered by her fiancè | 被她未婚夫杀了 |
[33:15] | Now, how much time he did? | 这事过去多久呢 |
[33:18] | Two years. Why? | 两年 为什么 |
[33:20] | ‘Cause the verdict got overturned on appeal. | 因为裁决在上诉时被推翻 |
[33:24] | Bad instructions to the jury, | 陪审团被误导 |
[33:25] | and the county prosecutor office didn’t want to retry. | 地检办公室又不想重审 |
[33:29] | A month later, he’s out. | 一个月后他被放了 |
[33:32] | I see this nigger in a club. | 我在夜店见过这畜生 |
[33:35] | He drinking, dancing, living. | 他又喝又跳 生龙活虎 |
[33:38] | I’m like, “Nah.” I go home to get my whistle. | 我说”这不行” 回家去拿枪 |
[33:42] | I come back to slaughter his ass. | 回来想灭了这狗逼 |
[33:44] | Boom. Miss. Caught a busboy instead. | 砰 打偏了 打中一个勤杂工 |
[33:50] | So now my niece is dead, | 后来我侄女死了 |
[33:53] | busboy’s dead, and I’m in here, | 勤杂工死了 我坐了牢 |
[33:57] | and that nigga’s out there like a | 那畜生却逃脱了刑罚 |
[33:59] | nut-swinging applejack. Ain’t that something? | 在外面逍遥快活 这公平吗 |
[34:05] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:06] | Pretty girl, too. | 她也是个美女 |
[34:10] | You want to see a picture? | 想看照片吗 |
[34:12] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[34:27] | Four months pregnant, too. | 还怀了四个月的孩子 |
[34:49] | They’re fully in the right to do that. | 他们完全有权这么做 |
[35:00] | If we see any more of these headlines with his face… | 如果再看到有他头像的头条报道… |
[35:19] | The guy’s a Sikh, and he gets beat half to death. | 这人是锡克教徒 被人打了个打死 |
[35:23] | Offer them low murder, and we’re done with it. | 报个低级谋杀 这事就不管了 |
[35:30] | Oh, my God, what the hell is this? | 天哪 这特么咋回事 |
[35:32] | You look like you’ve been going after yourself | 像是你拿削尖的铅笔 |
[35:34] | with a sharpened pencil or something. | 或是类似的东西捅了自己 |
[35:36] | Chopstick. | 筷子 |
[35:38] | Well, I had a guy use a knitting needle once. | 我之前有个病人用过织针 |
[35:40] | You could see right through it to the ankle bone with that one. | 都能透过它看见脚踝骨了 |
[35:42] | – You wouldn’t believe what people do to themselves. – I would. | -你肯定不信人对自己下手能有多狠 -我信 |
[35:45] | I’m ready to jump out a window. | 我已经准备去跳窗了 |
[35:49] | Yeah, I’ve seen that, too. | 跳窗的我也见过 |
[35:50] | Uh, so what’s in the bag? Is that your medicine or your lunch? | 袋子里是什么 你的药还是午饭 |
[35:54] | What I’ve been using from another doctor. | 另一个医生给我开的药方 |
[35:56] | Give me that. | 拿来 |
[36:03] | Just level with me. | 实话实说吧 |
[36:06] | Is there any fucking hope? | 还他妈有救吗 |
[36:09] | Not with any of this. | 用这个就没救 |
[36:11] | And not with you gouging yourself like that, either. | 也不能再这么刮自己了 |
[36:14] | First, you’re gonna go to a pharmacy and pick this up. | 首先 你得去药房 开这个药 |
[36:18] | This is real medicine, | 这是正经药 |
[36:20] | not Mickey Mouse medicine, a serious corticosteroid. | 不是米老鼠的魔法药 正规的皮质胆固醇 |
[36:24] | Then you’re gonna go to a medical-supply place, | 然后去医疗用品店 |
[36:26] | get a U.V. Lamp… they’re a little pricey… | 买台紫外线灯… 有点小贵… |
[36:28] | and some U.V. Glasses. | 再买副防紫外镜 |
[36:31] | Then you’re gonna go to a grocery store, | 还要去杂货店 |
[36:33] | get some Clorox, and bathe in it. | 买点次氯酸钠 用它泡脚 |
[36:35] | – Here’s how much to use. – Clorox bleach? | -这是使用剂量 -是漂白剂吗 |
[36:41] | Or you can keep hacking away with your chopsticks | 要不你继续用筷子戳脚 |
[36:43] | until you’re walking around on your kneecaps. | 戳到你只能用膝盖走路 |
[36:45] | It’s up to you. | 随你的便 |
[37:17] | Yo, Freddy. | 喂 弗莱迪 |
[37:20] | Hey, Freddy, man. We ain’t got no beef. | 弗莱迪 我们没拿到牛肉 |
[37:23] | Beef? Who said anything about a beef? | 牛肉 谁说有牛肉了 |
[37:26] | Just looking for a big man to spar with. | 我只想找个大个儿打一架 |
[37:31] | – Come on, Fred. – “Come on,” What? | -别这样 弗莱德 -“别哪样” |
[37:34] | Man, I heard you took silver in the Gloves, man. | 兄弟 我知道你拿过银牌 |
[37:36] | Show me what you got, baby! | 放马过来吧 宝贝 |
[37:44] | That’s what I’m talking about. I like that. | 对 就这样 我喜欢 |
[37:47] | Oh, shit. | 妈的 |
[37:49] | For real, for real, huh? That’s what I’m talking about. | 玩真的是吧 这就对了 |
[37:52] | Chill, man. | 冷静点 |
[37:55] | What’s up with that cell phone business, bro? | 手机生意怎么样 兄弟 |
[37:58] | I ain’t got no cell phone business. | 哪有什么手机生意 |
[37:59] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 不知道你在说什么 |
[38:00] | Shit, dawg. I must have heard wrong, then. | 妈的 那我肯定听错了 |
[38:07] | Come on, Freddy. I told you, | 拜托 弗莱迪 我都说了 |
[38:09] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[38:14] | Oh, man. | 我去 |
[38:15] | Not one cell phone? | 一部手机都没有 |
[38:52] | We’ll knock five years off the max, 25 to life. | 25年监禁至终身监禁 最多减5年 |
[38:55] | He’ll be before a parole board in 20. | 20年后他就能获得假释 |
[38:57] | Before them for what? Murder is murder. | 那又怎样 谋杀就是谋杀 |
[38:59] | They’ll never let him out, and you know it. | 他们不会释放他 你明白的 |
[39:01] | You want to talk seriously? Take life off the table. | 你真心想谈的话 就再别提终身监禁 |
[39:03] | I don’t think I can do that. | 我办不到 |
[39:05] | Well, I won’t be able to sell him on an indeterminate sentence, | 我没办法说服他接受无期徒刑 |
[39:08] | so I guess that’s it. | 那 就这样吧 |
[39:11] | Murder two, no sex assault, capped at 25. | 二级谋杀 无性侵 最多判25年 |
[39:16] | Man one, flat 10. | 一级过失杀人 10年监禁 |
[39:18] | – You’re kidding. – No, I’m not kidding. | -你开玩笑呢 -不 没开玩笑 |
[39:21] | High man, 20, serves 15. | 过失杀人 20年监禁 服刑15年 |
[39:24] | Okay. We’ll take our chances with the jury. | 行吧 我们会跟陪审团周旋的 |
[39:26] | – That’s it? – You expect me to negotiate against myself? | -就这样? -你想让我反对自己吗 |
[39:31] | – Yes. – Man one, flat 15. | -是的 -一级过失杀人 15年监禁 |
[39:36] | I can try that with him. | 我会试着和他谈 |
[39:38] | I think you’ll succeed. | 你会成功的 |
[39:44] | 20 milligrams. | 二十毫克啊 |
[39:46] | – What? – Nothing. | -怎么 -没怎么 |
[39:48] | – What? – It’s just… | -什么 -就是… |
[39:50] | I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, | 倒不是说一定会发生 |
[39:53] | but possible side effects from taking steroids this strong… | 但服用这么大剂量类固醇激素 可能有副作用… |
[39:57] | – Like? – Like, you know, hair loss, | -比如 -比如 掉头发 |
[40:01] | explosive acne, | 痤疮暴增 |
[40:02] | uncontrollable crying jags, shrinking balls. | 情绪失控 睾丸萎缩 |
[40:07] | On the other hand, there’s an excellent chance | 但另一方面 你可能会强大到 |
[40:11] | you’ll hit 75 homers this year. | 今年上75次本垒打[药品有催情效果] |
[40:32] | What I say in court is for the judge. | 我在法庭上的话 是给法官听的 |
[40:34] | What I say to the press is for the public. | 我对媒体说的话 是给公众听的 |
[40:36] | But with you, I have to be honest, and it is not good. | 但对你 我得说实话 很不乐观 |
[40:40] | Running away with a knife from the scene of a brutal stabbing murder | 从残忍的刺杀现场逃离 身上还带着刀 |
[40:43] | documented with photos that’ll make a jury’s heart stop… | 现场照片血腥到足以使陪审团窒息… |
[40:46] | – But I didn’t do it. – We are way past, “I didn’t do it,” Naz. | -但我没杀她 -讲”我没杀她”一点用都没有 纳兹 |
[40:51] | Here’s what time it is. If you are convicted, | 目前就是这样 如果你被定罪 |
[40:54] | which you likely will be, | 很可能会是这样 |
[40:56] | you will spend the rest of your life in a cage, | 你的余生将烂在监狱里 |
[40:59] | waking up every morning wishing you were dead, unless… | 每天早上醒来盼死 除非… |
[41:04] | – Unless? – Unless I can somehow | -除非怎样 -除非我想办法 |
[41:06] | convince the D.A.’s office, | 说服地检办公室 |
[41:08] | and it is a long shot, to accept a plea of manslaughter | 接受你过失杀人的抗辩 难度很大 |
[41:11] | with a max sentence of, say, 15 years. | 这样最多被判15年监禁 |
[41:16] | But I’m not gonna fight for you | 不过这事我不会争取 |
[41:18] | on this unless you can say, “Yes, I accept that. | 除非你说 “好 我接受 |
[41:20] | It’s better than the alternative.” | 这样的结果好得多” |
[41:22] | And, Nasir, believe me, it is. | 纳西尔 相信我 真是这样 |
[41:29] | Can I think about it? | 我能考虑一下吗 |
[41:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[41:32] | But when we go before the judge, | 但等我们面对法官时 |
[41:33] | it has to be “Yes” or nothing at all. | 你必须回答”是” 不然都完了 |
[41:36] | You understand? | 明白了吗 |
[41:42] | -Where’s your associate? -My what? | -你同事呢 -我的什么 |
[41:45] | The one who met with my parents. | 见过我父母的那个 |
[41:47] | She’s just… she’s in court. Why? | 她… 她在上庭 怎么了 |
[41:51] | They liked her. | 他们喜欢她 |
[41:55] | My parents. | 我父母 |
[42:24] | 接受 . 提议 | |
[42:35] | What’d she say? | 她怎么说 |
[42:37] | She said he’s going to say he did it. | 她说 他会认罪的 |
[42:42] | What? | 什么 |
[42:44] | She told him to say it. | 她让他认罪 |
[42:48] | So, here’s my question, | 那我就想问了 |
[42:51] | When’s the D.A. gonna grow a pair | 地检什么时候能硬气一点 |
[42:52] | and actually take a killer to trial? | 真带个凶手接受审判 |
[42:55] | You think it was up to me? | 你以为我能决定吗 |
[42:57] | I have a boss who has a boss who has a boss. | 我有个上司 他也有上司 上面还有上司 |
[43:00] | How does it work with you? | 这样说你懂了吗 |
[43:03] | – You’re so predictable. – And you’re not? | -你可真老套 -你不老套吗 |
[43:22] | Give me the Saints in the under. | 我押注圣者队[玛丽维尔学院棒球队] |
[43:26] | Why don’t you just flush it down the toilet, John? | 你咋不直接把钱扔马桶里呢 |
[43:28] | The Saints couldn’t beat Cooley High. | 圣者队甚至干不过龙虎少年队[库利高中棒球队] |
[43:30] | – You wanna bet? – Funny, man. | -赌一把吗 -搞笑 |
[43:34] | – Hey, heard about your kid. – What, my son? | -嘿 我听说那孩子的事了 -什么 我儿子吗 |
[43:38] | No, man, your kid, your killer. | 不 是那孩子 杀了人的 |
[43:40] | He had her blood on his clothes. He had the murder weapon on him. | #他衣服上有她的血迹 还带着凶器# |
[43:45] | – That. – He tried to escape police custody. | -他啊 -#他试图摆脱警方拘捕# |
[43:48] | – Listen, I respect the D.A… – What’d you hear? | -#听着 我尊重地检官…# -你听到了什么 |
[43:52] | The deal. Man, 15 for that? | 那案子 判15年吗 |
[43:55] | Gift from the gods. I assume you took it. | 天赐良机啊 我猜你接受了 |
[44:01] | Jack and soda. | 威士忌苏打 |
[44:05] | Hey, John. | 嘿 约翰 |
[44:07] | Heard about your kid. What a gift from the gods. | 我听说那孩子的事了 真是天赐良机 |
[44:12] | Small money’s gonna tell you, “Take the plea.” | 一笔小钱就会劝你 “认罪吧” |
[44:14] | I got to say, man, the dude who killed my niece, | 我得说 兄弟 杀我侄女的那人 |
[44:17] | he took his chances with the trial. | 他在审判上抓住了机会 |
[44:19] | Next thing, he’s walking free. | 然后 他就被释放了 |
[44:22] | Now, understood, that’s like a freak of justice or whatever, | 你要明白 那就是司法制度的异常 |
[44:25] | but if he took what they offered, he’d be upstate right now, | 如果他接受提议 他现在应该在北边坐牢 |
[44:29] | and I’d be bringing fresh flowers to my niece’s grave. | 我应该去我侄女的墓前送上鲜花 |
[44:39] | – What was her name? – Nah. | -她叫什么 -别问了 |
[44:43] | I can’t even bring myself to say it no more, you know? | 我根本说不出口 明白吗 |
[45:03] | – You understand what’s gonna happen in there? – Yes. | -你知道等会该怎么说吗 -知道 |
[45:07] | – And you’re ready to do it? – Yes. | -你准备好了吗 -好了 |
[45:11] | I didn’t like the sound of that “Yes.” Try again. | 你这种语气不对头 再说一遍 |
[45:15] | Yes. | 好了 |
[45:19] | Guard? | 警卫 |
[45:23] | Don’t move. | 别乱动 |
[45:28] | Put it down. | 放下 |
[45:30] | Okay, I need you to do something for me. | 我要你帮我个忙 |
[45:41] | Officer, I’m here to see the defendant. | 警官 我来见被告人 |
[45:48] | Hi. I’m Chandra. | 你好 我是钱德拉 |
[45:50] | I’m working with Ms. Crowe. | 我和克罗女士共事 |
[45:56] | – You okay? – Not really. | -你还好吗 -不太好 |
[45:59] | You know what’s going on here? | 你知道是怎么回事吧 |
[46:01] | I do. And I know it’s tough, but it’s a good deal. | 知道 这确实很难选 但是个好办法 |
[46:05] | You think I’m doing the right thing to accept it? | 你觉得接受提议是正确的吗 |
[46:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[46:11] | Well, why would they accept it if it’s good for me? | 如果提议对我有利 他们怎么会接受 |
[46:14] | Trials cost a lot of money. | 庭审的费用很高 |
[46:16] | If they can reasonably avoid it, they will. | 若能合理避免这笔花销 他们会的 |
[46:20] | It happens every day. | 这事每天都有 |
[46:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[46:25] | For? | 谢什么 |
[46:27] | For just talking to me like I’m a person. | 谢谢你把我当普通人那样谈话 |
[46:36] | What would you do? | 你会怎么做呢 |
[46:40] | She told me to come in here and talk some sense into you, | 她叫我过来 好好开导你 |
[46:42] | but if I were you, I would ask myself one question: | 但如果我是你 我会问自己一个问题 |
[46:48] | Did I kill her? | 是我杀了她吗 |
[46:50] | If the answer is “Yes,” Take the deal. | 如果”是你” 那就接受提议 |
[46:55] | If it’s “No”… | 如果”不是” |
[47:00] | don’t. | 别接受 |
[47:15] | Hey, unless you fuck it up in there, 15 years is 12 years. | 除非你想死在牢里 15年能减到12年 |
[47:20] | 12 years, you still have a chance of walking out a human being. | 12年后出狱 你还是一条好汉 |
[47:23] | Any more than that, no. | 再少就没可能了 |
[47:24] | You’ll be 35 when you get out, and you’ll still have a life. | 你出狱时是35岁 还有机会好好生活 |
[47:27] | Take the deal. | 接受提议吧 |
[47:29] | – It says that I killed her. – No, it doesn’t. | -上面说我杀了她 -并没有 |
[47:31] | It says you don’t trust 12 idiots on a jury to get it right, | 说的是你不信陪审团的12个白痴能理解你 |
[47:34] | and neither do I. | 我也不信 |
[47:35] | You want to play roulette? | 你想玩俄罗斯轮盘吗 |
[47:37] | Go to Atlantic City where the odds are better. | 去大西洋城吧 那儿胜算更大 |
[47:39] | My parents will never know I didn’t do it for sure. | 那我父母永远不知道我是清白的了 |
[47:42] | They don’t know that now. | 他们现在也不知道 |
[47:47] | Naz, I’d kill to be 35 again. | 纳兹 我做梦都想回到35岁 |
[47:52] | Take the deal. | 接收吧 |
[47:56] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[48:07] | All right. | 请坐 |
[48:09] | I understand that in an exchange for a plea of guilty, | 我了解到 作为认罪的交换条件 |
[48:13] | the people are offering to downgrade the charge of murder one | 检方提出将一级谋杀指控降为 |
[48:16] | to manslaughter one with a sentence of 15 years. | 一级过失杀人指控 判处15年监禁 |
[48:20] | Is that your understanding of the agreement, Ms. Crowe? | 克罗女士 协议内容符合你的理解吗 |
[48:23] | – It is, Your Honor. – Mr. Khan, is that your understanding? | -是的 法官大人 -卡恩先生 你理解吗 |
[48:27] | – Yes. – All right. | -是的 -好 |
[48:29] | You’re gonna be asked a series of questions by the district attorney. | 地方检察官会问你几个问题 |
[48:33] | If at any time you don’t understand what’s being asked of you | 如果对相关问题有疑问 |
[48:35] | or you have any need for clarification, | 或者有想要澄清的地方 |
[48:39] | feel free to interrupt and ask any question, okay? | 你可以随时打断并发问 好吗 |
[48:43] | – Okay. – Defendant, please rise. | -好 -被告人 请起立 |
[48:50] | Raise your right hand. | 举起你的右手 |
[48:52] | Do you swear or affirm to tell the truth, the whole truth, | 你是否发誓或确定你会陈述事实 全部真相 |
[48:55] | – and nothing but the truth? – I do. | -并无一遗漏 -是的 |
[49:02] | Have you spoken with your lawyer before making this application? | 在你提出申请前 是否和你律师谈过 |
[49:06] | Yes. | 是 |
[49:08] | Have you taken any drugs or alcohol | 你是否服用过毒品或酒精 |
[49:10] | or anything else that would affect your ability | 或者其他可能会影响到你 |
[49:12] | – to understand these proceedings today? – No. | -对今天诉讼过程的理解能力的东西 -没有 |
[49:15] | Do you understand that pleading guilty is the same as going to trial | 你是否理解 认罪等同于参加审判 |
[49:19] | and being convicted of manslaughter in the first degree? | 并将被判一级过失杀人罪 |
[49:22] | – Yes. – You understand that by pleading guilty today, | -是 -你是否理解 如果你今天认罪 |
[49:25] | you are giving up your right to cross-examination | 就是放弃你反复询问的权利 |
[49:27] | or to call witnesses to testify | 或是传唤证人 |
[49:29] | on your behalf in front of a jury? | 代表你向陪审团作证的权利 |
[49:32] | – Yes. – Do you understand that by pleading guilty, | -是 -你是否理解 如果认罪 |
[49:36] | – you give up your right to appeal to a higher court? – Yes. | -就是放弃向上级法院上诉的权利 -是 |
[49:41] | Are you pleading guilty because you are, in fact, guilty? | 你选择认罪 是否因为你的确有罪 |
[49:53] | Yes. | 是 |
[49:55] | In your own words, then, | 那么 用你自己的话 |
[49:59] | tell us what happened on the night of October 24th. | 讲讲10月24日晚发生事情的经过 |
[50:02] | I left my parents’ house in my father’s taxi | 我离开我父母的住所 开我父亲的出租车 |
[50:07] | to go to a party in Manhattan. | 去参加一个曼哈顿的派对 |
[50:09] | I got lost. | 我迷路了 |
[50:12] | And Andrea got into the back of the cab, | 后来安德莉亚上了车 |
[50:15] | thinking I was a real cab driver. | 把我当成真的出租车司机 |
[50:18] | We drove uptown. We talked. | 我们开车到市郊 聊天 |
[50:20] | She gave me something, some… some pill. | 她给了我样东西 一种… 一种药片 |
[50:23] | We went back to her place, and we drank. | 之后我们回了她家 喝了酒 |
[50:27] | She gave me something else, some powder. | 她又给我另一样东西 一种药粉 |
[50:32] | We… we went up to her bedroom. | 我们… 我们去了她的卧室 |
[50:35] | We had sex. | 做爱 |
[50:38] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[50:59] | And then… | 然后… |
[51:05] | Then I fell asleep and woke up in the kitchen. | 然后我睡着了 醒来时发现自己在厨房 |
[51:11] | I went back up to the bedroom | 我回到她的卧室 |
[51:14] | to get my clothes and say goodbye. | 想拿我的衣服 跟她告个别 |
[51:20] | Then I went to her… | 当我走近她… |
[51:25] | and I saw that she was dead. | 发现她已经死了 |
[51:33] | I… I panicked. I ran. | 我… 我慌了神 跑了 |
[51:36] | And? | 然后 |
[51:38] | And, uh… | 然后… |
[51:54] | That’s all I remember. | 我只记得这些了 |
[51:59] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[52:03] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[52:09] | Ask him again. | 请再问一次 |
[52:12] | You drank, took drugs, | 你喝了酒 吸了毒 |
[52:15] | had sex, and… | 做爱 然后… |
[52:20] | killed her. | 杀了她 |
[52:22] | No. No, I didn’t. | 不 我没杀她 |
[52:27] | Then what the hell are you pleading guilty to? | 那你认什么罪 |
[52:31] | Okay. What else we got here today? | 好吧 要不今天就这样 |
[52:35] | You are an idiot. You have fucked yourself. | 你个白痴 你这是作死 |
[52:38] | Right now, out there, that prosecutor, that sweet lady, | 现在那个公诉人 那位可爱女士 |
[52:41] | is sharpening her knife, and the judge is gonna help her | 已经磨刀霍霍了 法官也想帮她 |
[52:43] | murder you for making them go to trial. | 杀了你 因为你逼他们必须出庭 |
[52:46] | And, frankly, I feel like killing you myself. | 坦白说 我也想杀了你 |
[52:48] | – So quit. – What? | -那别干了 -什么 |
[52:51] | – What did you say? – Quit. | -你说什么 -退出 |
[52:55] | I should. | 没错 |
[53:00] | In fact, I do. I quit. | 我真不伺候你了 |
[53:03] | Gate. | 开门 |
[53:22] | My firm will continue to work for your son’s exoneration, | 我公司会继续处理您儿子的免责事务 |
[53:25] | but two things will change. | 但有两点不同之前 |
[53:27] | Nasir’s primary attorney will now be Ms. Kapoor, | 纳西尔现在的律师是卡珀女士 |
[53:30] | and given that we’re now facing what will be a complex trial, | 鉴于现在我们将面临一场复杂的庭审 |
[53:34] | I can no longer offer you our services pro bono. | 我不能再给你们提供无偿服务了 |
[53:43] | Of course, you’re free to decline and seek counsel elsewhere. | 当然 你们可以拒绝 可以去找别的律师 |
[53:57] | – Westside Animal. – Yeah. | -西区动物中心 -是的 |
[53:58] | I’m, calling about a cat. | 我想问一只猫的情况 |
[54:01] | It’s an ugly sort of orange thing. | 一只难看的 橘色的猫 |
[54:06] | Are you the guy with the feet? | #你是脚有问题的那个吗# |
[54:08] | Right. The guy with the feet. | 对 那个脚有问题的 |
[54:09] | That’s me. | 是我 |
[54:11] | Yeah. I’ll hold. | 好 我等着 |
[54:28] | – It’s still here. – It’s still there? | -#它还在这儿# -还在那儿啊 |
[54:30] | – You want him? – No, I don’t want it. | -#你想要吗# -不 不想要 |
[54:34] | I’m just, you know, checking. | 我只是问问看 |
[54:36] | – Okay. – Okay? Thanks. | -#好吧# -好了 谢谢 |
[54:44] | You stuck to your guns. | 你坚持你的立场 |
[54:47] | That’s good. | 那很好 |
[54:49] | That’s rare. | 很少见 |
[54:50] | Maybe you’ll get lucky, | 也许算你小子走运 |
[54:52] | and the judge will screw up with you, too. | 法官也会和你一样搞砸 |
[54:54] | Well, I didn’t take the plea ’cause I didn’t do it. | 我不认罪 因为人不是我杀的 |
[54:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[54:59] | That’s what he said, too, my niece’s killer. | 杀我侄女的凶手 他也这么说 |
[55:04] | You didn’t do it. He didn’t do it. | 不是你杀的 不是他杀的 |
[55:08] | I guess don’t nobody do shit, huh? | 好像没人作恶一样 |
[55:11] | This joint is so chock-a-block with “I didn’t do it” motherfuckers, | 牢里多的是叫嚣”不是我干的”的混蛋 |
[55:15] | they falling from the rafters. | 多得快从屋顶掉下去了 |
[55:21] | Charlene. | 夏琳 |
[55:26] | – What? – My niece. | -什么 -我侄女 |
[55:30] | Her name was Charlene. | 她叫夏琳 |
[55:34] | And this… this is for her. | 还有… 这是为她做的 |
[55:38] | Fuck! Fuck! | 我操 |
[55:49] | Who was it? | 是谁干的 |
[55:51] | I don’t know. It was dark. | 没看清 太黑了 |
[55:55] | I asked you a question. | 我在问你问题 |
[55:57] | I answered it. | 我回答了 |
[57:49] | Say the words for me, Nasir. | 说吧 纳西尔 |
[57:55] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |