| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [01:18] | 罪 夜 之 谜 第7集 | |
| [01:41] | What we have here is the same scenario as Andrea Cornish. | 这跟安德莉亚·考尼什的凶案现场一样 |
| [01:44] | Would you agree? | 你同意吗 |
| [01:47] | So where’s all the news trucks? | 那些新闻车都去哪儿了 |
| [01:49] | Your basic uptown misdemeanor homicide. | 常见的富人区过失杀人案 |
| [02:23] | What kind of knife was used in this attack? | 那次攻击用了什么样的刀 |
| [02:27] | One with a single-edged non-serrated blade, | 一把单面刃不带锯齿的 |
| [02:29] | approximately five inches in length. | 长度约为5英寸的刀 |
| [02:31] | Something like… this one? | 是像… 这样的吗 |
| [02:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
| [02:37] | And what about this wound | 那被告手上的 |
| [02:41] | on the defendant’s hand? | 这个伤口呢 |
| [02:45] | That cut is the result of his hand slipping | 这个伤口是由于 |
| [02:47] | from the handle of the knife onto the blade of the knife | 他在拿刀捅她的时候 |
| [02:50] | in the act of stabbing her. | 手从刀柄滑至刀刃上所致 |
| [03:13] | Your witness. | 该你了 |
| [03:17] | Dr. Chester, | 切斯特医生 |
| [03:19] | did you hear Mrs. Weiss ask you the total number of wounds? | 威斯夫人有没有问过你伤口总数 |
| [03:23] | No. | 没有 |
| [03:24] | Me neither. I wonder why that is? | 我也没有 为什么呢 |
| [03:26] | Perhaps because we can see them. | 或许因为我们看得到 |
| [03:28] | We can, that’s true, and they’re hard to look at, | 确实能看到 但很难看清楚 |
| [03:31] | but how many of them are there? | 究竟有多少伤口呢 |
| [03:32] | – Twenty-two. – And what does that tell you? | -22处 -意味着什么呢 |
| [03:35] | It tells me she was stabbed 22 times. | 说明她被捅了22刀 |
| [03:37] | That’s all? Such a great number of wounds? | 全部吗 那么多伤口吗 |
| [03:40] | Well, some people would say it indicates a crime of passion. | 有些人会说这代表激情犯罪 |
| [03:43] | That it was personal? | 这是个人所为吗 |
| [03:44] | That the killer had something against the victim? | 凶手是否遭到受害人反抗呢 |
| [03:48] | Some would say. | 有人会这样说 |
| [03:49] | But not me, because I’ve seen it both ways. | 但我不会 因为两种方式我都见过 |
| [03:55] | This cut is very important to the State’s case. | 这个割伤对地检案件来说非常重要 |
| [03:58] | Any chance you could be mistaken about what caused it? | 有没有可能你判断错了呢 |
| [04:02] | No. | 不会 |
| [04:03] | Have you ever made a mistake that sent an innocent man to prison? | 你有没有误把无辜的人送进监狱呢 |
| [04:08] | No. | 没有 |
| [04:09] | Arthur Metz didn’t go to prison | 亚瑟·梅斯没有因为你给的 |
| [04:10] | because of your testimony at his trial? | 庭审证词而进监狱吗 |
| [04:13] | You don’t remember him? | 你不记得他吗 |
| [04:15] | No, I do. | 记得 |
| [04:16] | So you remember that Mr. Metz was later exonerated | 那你是否记得因为你的调查结果被复审 |
| [04:18] | based on a reexamination of your findings? | 梅斯先生后来被无罪释放 |
| [04:21] | My findings were disputed, not disproven. | 我的调查是有争议 但不是错的 |
| [04:24] | I didn’t say disputed or disproven, | 我没说有争议或是错的 |
| [04:26] | but whatever we want to call it, | 但不管怎样 |
| [04:27] | Mr. Metz is now a free man. | 梅斯先生现在无罪 |
| [04:29] | Unless he’s back in prison for some other crime. | 除非犯了其他罪回监狱 |
| [04:32] | He’s not back in prison for some other crime. | 他不会犯别的罪再回监狱 |
| [04:34] | And wasn’t in prison for some other crime | 在你的证词送他进监狱前 |
| [04:37] | before your testimony put him there. | 他也并没犯过其他罪 |
| [04:39] | It wasn’t a mistake. | 这不算错误 |
| [04:40] | The appellate court disagreed. | 上诉的法院不同意 |
| [04:42] | It had a different interpretation, that’s all. | 这有过不同的解释 就是这样 |
| [04:44] | That’s all we’re talking about here, | 这就是我们要说的重点 |
| [04:46] | a different interpretation, | 不同的解释 |
| [04:48] | to avoid you having to come back, | 为避免你重蹈覆辙 |
| [04:50] | like you had to with Mr. Metz. | 犯上次梅斯先生一案同样的错 |
| [05:32] | Everything that goes on in there is important. | 庭审的每个细节都非常重要 |
| [05:34] | How Naz sits, what he wears, what his eyes say, | [包括]纳兹怎么坐 穿什么 他的眼神透露出什么 |
| [05:37] | who’s there to support him, who isn’t. | [以及]谁支持他 谁不支持他 |
| [05:41] | I know it’s not easy to look at those pictures, | 我理解看到那些照片会很不适 |
| [05:43] | but the jury has to, and so do you. | 但陪审团必须看 你也一样 |
| [05:45] | You can’t get up and leave like that. | 你不能那么站起来就走了 |
| [05:50] | An animal did that. | 是禽兽做的 |
| [05:52] | Yeah. You’re right. | 是的 没错 |
| [05:57] | Did I raise an animal? | 我养了个禽兽吗 |
| [06:01] | What? | 什么 |
| [06:20] | He wants to talk to you. | 他想跟你谈谈 |
| [06:22] | If you get a call with the ID unavailable, it’s probably him. | 如果接到无显示号码的来电 有可能是他 |
| [07:24] | We talked to our lawyer. | 我们跟律师谈了 |
| [07:26] | He said we won’t get the cab back no matter what. | 他说无论如何 出租车是拿不回来了 |
| [07:29] | We’re buying a new one. | 我们打算买辆新的 |
| [07:31] | An old new one. | 比较新的二手车 |
| [07:34] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
| [07:37] | It’s ours. | 是我们的 |
| [07:39] | Not yours. | 不是你的 |
| [07:41] | What are you talking about? It’s mine too. | 你在说什么 当然也是我的 |
| [07:43] | No. | 不是 |
| [07:45] | The car we can’t get back is yours, not this one. | 拿不回来的那辆是你的 这辆不是 |
| [07:48] | This one is mine too. | 这辆也是我的 |
| [07:50] | A third of the medallion is mine. | 三分之一的牌照属于我 |
| [07:52] | You cannot operate any car without me. | 没我参与的话 你们没法开车 |
| [07:54] | So sell us your third. | 把你的部分卖给我们 |
| [07:56] | You don’t have the money. | 你们没钱 |
| [07:57] | You don’t have the money for anything. | 你才是身无分文那个 |
| [07:59] | We have the money. We can get the money. | 我们有钱 我们能筹到 |
| [08:01] | It will solve your problems. | 这也解决了你的问题 |
| [08:03] | You want it? | 你不想要 |
| [08:05] | I want what is right… | 我想要的是… |
| [08:09] | Us working together, like always. | 咱们像之前那样 一起工作 |
| [08:12] | No. | 不行 |
| [08:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
| [08:24] | Okay. Good. | 那很好 |
| [08:25] | $75,000. | 7万5千块 |
| [08:28] | It’s worth $250,000. | 这车值25万啊 |
| [08:30] | Why would I do that? | 不然我干嘛要卖 |
| [08:32] | Because that’s all we are going to pay. | 因为我们要出这么多 |
| [08:35] | And it will take us years to work that off. | 得工作好多年才能还清这钱 |
| [08:38] | I’ll sell it to someone else. | 那我卖给其他人 |
| [08:40] | We are not going to work with some deadbeat. | 我们不跟赖账的一起工作 |
| [08:43] | Someone who pays the full price is a deadbeat and you’re not? | 能全款付清的是赖账的 你们却不是? |
| [08:47] | We didn’t put us here. | 我们没祸害自己 |
| [08:48] | You did, your son. | 你 还有你儿子有 |
| [08:50] | Look what he has done to all of us. | 看看他把我们几个害得多惨 |
| [08:53] | 又一起 巴基斯坦 的士司机 凶案 | |
| [08:58] | To all of us. | 所有人 |
| [09:04] | You’re thieves. | 你们是小偷 |
| [09:06] | I don’t do business with thieves. | 我不跟小偷谈生意 |
| [09:10] | You are the father of a killer. | 你是杀人犯的父亲 |
| [10:24] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
| [10:25] | It’s a photo of the defendant’s back | 这是被告被捕大约一小时后 |
| [10:27] | taken at the precinct | 在警局拍的 |
| [10:28] | approximately an hour after he was arrested. | 他后背的照片 |
| [10:31] | Detective, could those scratches simply be | 警探 这些抓痕能不能简单地 |
| [10:34] | the result of, I’ll say, “Lovemaking,” | 被描述为 “爱痕” |
| [10:37] | in your opinion? | 如果你判断的话 |
| [10:38] | Well, I don’t know, but I can tell you | 不知道 但我可以告诉你 |
| [10:40] | a considerable amount of his skin was found under her fingernails. | 她指甲里有大量的他的皮肤组织 |
| [10:44] | Other than that, you should ask Cupid. | 其他的你就只能问丘比特了[罗马爱神] |
| [11:02] | – You okay? – Yeah, no problem. | -你还行吧 -没问题 |
| [11:06] | You’re doing great. | 你做得很好 |
| [11:08] | Hey, isn’t that the guy on the news? | 那不就是上了新闻的那个吗 |
| [11:12] | His daughter was killed by that cabbie? | 他女儿被出租车司机杀了的那个 |
| [11:15] | Stepdaughter. | 继女 |
| [11:17] | Did you know her? | 你认识她 |
| [11:19] | No. | 不认识 |
| [11:22] | He must be pretty broken up, huh? | 他肯定很伤心吧 |
| [11:25] | What business is that of yours? | 关你什么事 |
| [11:27] | I’m just saying. | 说说而已 |
| [11:32] | Pick up the pace a bit. | 速度快一点 |
| [11:43] | Good. | 很好 |
| [11:52] | So, he’s got a Visa, Mastercard, and Amex, all maxed. | 他的维萨卡 万事达卡和运通卡都刷爆了 |
| [11:57] | If he files for bankruptcy, it’ll be the third time. | 再有一次 他就三度申请破产了 |
| [12:02] | I appreciate this. | 十分感谢 |
| [12:04] | Criminal records I can get. | 这是我能拿到的案底 |
| [12:06] | Credit cards, they’re tough. | 不过信用卡很难搞到 |
| [12:09] | Yeah. I took a look at yours. | 我顺便看了你的 |
| [12:14] | I’m kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
| [12:17] | Oh, I also ran across this. | 我还碰巧发现这个 |
| [12:27] | You may want to talk to her. | 你也许想跟她聊聊 |
| [12:32] | My first husband was a deadbeat too. | 我第一任丈夫也是个吃软饭的 |
| [12:36] | Guess I’ve got a type. | 可能我喜欢这类吧 |
| [12:38] | Yeah. My wife’s got a type. | 我老婆也是吃准某一类的 |
| [12:40] | I’m not it. | 我并不是 |
| [12:42] | Look, I’m not stupid. I knew what he wanted. | 我又不傻 我知道他想要什么 |
| [12:45] | And I knew what I wanted. | 我也清楚我想要什么 |
| [12:47] | He was young, good-looking, I have money. | 他那时年轻 帅气 而我有钱 |
| [12:49] | Guess you could call that some kind of prostitution, | 你也可以说这是某种包养 |
| [12:52] | but worked for us. | 可我俩无所谓 |
| [12:54] | Until the night I had to call 911 | 直到那晚 他掐我脖子 |
| [12:56] | with his hands around my throat. | 我不得不打911求救 |
| [12:58] | Really? | 真的 |
| [13:00] | Cops were quick, thank God. | 警察来得及时 谢天谢地 |
| [13:02] | Did you press charges? | 你有告他吗 |
| [13:04] | Oh, yeah. They hauled him off. | 当然 他被抓了 |
| [13:06] | Next time I saw him was across the conference table | 后来的见面则是在谈判桌上 |
| [13:09] | with the divorce lawyers, | 跟离婚律师一起 |
| [13:10] | both of whom I was paying for | 两个律师都是我雇的 |
| [13:12] | since he didn’t have a dime to his name. | 因为他穷得叮当响 |
| [13:15] | Mine said, “Jeannie, | 我律师说 “简妮 |
| [13:17] | Do you want to save some money? | 你想不想省点钱 |
| [13:19] | Give him 200 grand and walk away.” | 给他两百万 然后一刀两断” |
| [13:21] | Best legal advice I ever got. | 我听过的最好的法律建议 |
| [13:25] | You know why divorce is so expensive? | 知道为什么离婚的花销大吗 |
| [13:28] | – Because it’s worth it. – Because it’s worth it. | -因为值得 -因为值得 |
| [13:32] | Right. | 没错 |
| [13:34] | You know what he does? | 你知道他做哪行吗 |
| [13:35] | A personal trainer, apparently. | 私人健身教练 |
| [13:37] | I mean his real line of work. | 我是说他的真正职业 |
| [13:40] | He’s a trapeze artist. | 他是个荡秋千的[交际草] |
| [13:42] | Swings from one old bag to another. | 在老富婆之间荡来荡去 |
| [13:45] | Don’t sell yourself short. | 别这么损自己 |
| [13:49] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
| [13:51] | It was a joke. | 玩笑罢了 |
| [14:01] | How you doing? | 你好 |
| [14:02] | I’m fine. | 挺好 |
| [14:07] | Don’t say it. | 这是秘密哦 |
| [14:25] | How often did you buy amphetamines from the defendant? | 你多久去被告那买一次苯丙胺[兴奋剂] |
| [14:28] | They were just Adderall. | 那只是阿得拉[中枢神经刺激剂] |
| [14:30] | Which we know now from earlier testimony | 从早先的证词我们得知 |
| [14:33] | is stronger than your average amphetamine. | 其药性比一般兴奋剂要强 |
| [14:36] | How often did you buy it from him? | 你多久买一次 |
| [14:39] | Just mainly at finals. | 主要是期末那会儿 |
| [14:42] | Mainly. | 主要 |
| [14:44] | So, at other times, too? | 那 其他时候也买吗 |
| [14:45] | No, just then and, you know, maybe midterms, | 不 就那时候 有时候是期中 |
| [14:50] | project deadlines, | 课题截止前 |
| [14:53] | maybe once in a while for a party. | 偶尔参加派对时 |
| [14:56] | So, a lot. | 挺多的 |
| [15:00] | You were his only customer? | 只有你买吗 |
| [15:10] | No. There were, you know, some other friends. | 不 还有其他几个朋友 |
| [15:14] | What did he charge? | 他收多少钱 |
| [15:16] | Ten dollars for a 10 milligram. | 一毫克十美元 |
| [15:19] | You know where he got them? | 你知道他的货源吗 |
| [15:21] | I think he had a prescription. | 他应该有处方 |
| [15:23] | You know what he paid to have it filled? | 知道他去配药花多少钱吗 |
| [15:28] | No. | 不知道 |
| [15:34] | Ten-dollar co-pay, insurance paid the rest. | 自付十美元 剩下的由保险支付 |
| [15:38] | So, at his cost of 25 cents each, | 每毫克算下来只花25美分 |
| [15:41] | the $10 he was charging you | 收你十美元 |
| [15:44] | comes to a 3,900% profit for him. | 他利润翻了39倍 |
| [15:53] | What’s your major in college, Amir? | 你学什么专业的 阿米尔 |
| [15:58] | Business. | 商科 |
| [16:00] | Do you know what Mr. Khan’s is? | 你知道卡恩的专业吗 |
| [16:03] | Business. | 商科 |
| [16:06] | Which of you, would you say, is learning the most? | 你觉得你俩谁学得最好 |
| [16:19] | I’m done. | 我问完了 |
| [16:46] | I’m going to bed. | 我要睡了 |
| [16:48] | Night night. | 晚安 |
| [17:12] | Fucking cat. | 该死的猫 |
| [17:25] | Hey, Gooden! | 喂 古登 |
| [17:28] | Hey, come here. Gooden! | 过来 古登 |
| [17:32] | I have no idea who that is. | 我不认识那人 |
| [17:34] | Hey! Gooden, come over here! | 古登 快过来 |
| [17:39] | Come here! | 过来 |
| [17:40] | Hold on. | 等我一下 |
| [17:44] | I wanted to show you something. | 给你看样东西 |
| [17:47] | Check it out. No more sandals. | 看 我不穿凉鞋了 |
| [17:52] | How ’bout that? | 这怎么样 |
| [17:54] | That’s cool. | 挺酷的 |
| [17:55] | I gotta go. | 我要走了 |
| [17:57] | Wait, Gooden. | 等等 古登 |
| [17:58] | I wanna come over later and give you something. | 我晚点再来给你一样东西 |
| [18:01] | What? | 什么 |
| [18:02] | A cat. | 一只猫 |
| [18:04] | Dad, I don’t want a cat. I want a pit. | 爸 我不想要猫 我只想要个坑[嫌丢脸] |
| [18:06] | You don’t want a pit. | 你才不想要坑 |
| [18:08] | Look, I gotta go, all right? | 我要走了 行吗 |
| [18:12] | Tell your mom about the cat. | 给你妈说下猫的事 |
| [18:48] | Gate! | 开门 |
| [18:53] | Come on. | 走吧 |
| [18:55] | Let’s go. | 快走 |
| [19:15] | How is he? | 他怎么样 |
| [19:17] | He’s fine. | 他很好 |
| [19:21] | I’m so worried about him. | 我很担心他 |
| [19:24] | He’s fine. | 他很好 |
| [20:05] | He didn’t even look down the stairs to see how Diaz landed. | 他连看都没往楼梯下看迪亚兹 |
| [20:08] | He just walked off like he was going to class. | 跟个没事人一样走了 |
| [20:11] | – Did you talk to him? – Oh, yeah. | -你向他问话了吗 -问了 |
| [20:12] | I grabbed him straight away, | 我把他拉到一边 |
| [20:13] | said, “What the hell you do that for?” | 问他 “你到底为什么这样” |
| [20:15] | What did he say? | 他怎么回答的 |
| [20:16] | Nothing. | 什么都没说 |
| [20:18] | He just looked at me. | 他就看了我一眼 |
| [20:21] | Looked at you how? | 怎么看的 |
| [20:23] | Like nonreactive. | 目光呆滞 |
| [20:25] | Like he had no idea what he’d done? | 好像他不知道自己干了什么吗 |
| [20:30] | In that neighborhood. | 差不多吧 |
| [20:33] | Your witness. | 该你了 |
| [20:37] | This incident took place not long after 9/11. | 这事发生在911事件后不久 |
| [20:40] | How would you describe the mood of the student body at that time? | 你如何形容当时学生的心情 |
| [20:44] | for want of a better word, I’d say patriotic. | 爱国吧 想不到更确切的词了 |
| [20:48] | Okay. And in this patriotic atmosphere, | 好吧 在这种爱国的氛围下 |
| [20:51] | how would you say the Muslim students fared? | 你觉得穆斯林学生过得怎么样 |
| [20:54] | It was tough on them, I’ll be honest. | 老实说 他们挺不容易的 |
| [20:56] | Racist comments, taunts, that kind of thing. | 种族歧视 嘲笑辱骂 等等 |
| [20:59] | Yeah, but Khan was the only one at school | 是的 但卡恩是全校唯一一个 |
| [21:01] | who sent two students to the hospital because of it. | 因911事件害得两名学生进医院的 |
| [21:11] | Two… | 两个… |
| [21:13] | His first week back after the suspension for the stairs thing, | 他因推人事件停课后回学校的第一周 |
| [21:16] | he threw a full Coke can at a kid in the cafeteria. | 就在食堂拿一满罐可乐砸了一个同学 |
| [21:21] | Twelve stitches. | 缝了12针 |
| [21:25] | In his face. | 脸上开花 |
| [21:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [21:43] | Mrs. Weiss. | 威斯夫人 |
| [21:45] | The State rests, Your Honor. | 地检这边没问题了 法官大人 |
| [22:33] | There you go. That’s good. Come on. | 就这样 很好 加油 |
| [22:38] | You okay? | 你能行吗 |
| [22:40] | Yeah. | 能 |
| [22:41] | You sure? | 确定吗 |
| [22:45] | No, no, no. | 不 不行了 |
| [22:47] | No, just take it. Just take it. | 不行 拿起来吧 快拿着 |
| [22:49] | Where you going? | 你想干什么 |
| [22:52] | What… | 搞什… |
| [22:54] | What the… | 搞什么… |
| [22:57] | You think you’re invisible? | 你以为你能隐身吗 |
| [23:00] | The invisible man? | 隐形人 |
| [23:02] | You talk to my coworkers, my friends, my ex, | 你跟我同事 朋友 前任都谈过 |
| [23:07] | and you don’t think I’ll find out about it? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
| [23:09] | Seriously, get this off of me. | 别闹 你把这个拿开 |
| [23:12] | Maybe I should have a little talk with your ex-wife? | 我要不要也该跟你前妻聊两句 |
| [23:15] | Or your son? | 或者你儿子 |
| [23:17] | At that artsy-fartsy school of his. | 在他那狗屁学校里 |
| [23:24] | Oh, shit. | 妈的 |
| [23:35] | Fuck. | 操 |
| [24:23] | They are strong swimmers, | #它们是优秀的泳者# |
| [24:25] | able to cross rivers five miles wide. | #能横渡五英里宽的水域# |
| [24:28] | The river offers this tiger a place to bathe, | #河流给这只虎提供了洗澡# |
| [24:32] | hunt, or rather, fish… | #打猎 或是捕鱼的地方…# |
| [24:34] | You talk to her? | 你和她聊了 |
| [24:36] | No. | 没有 |
| [24:37] | Unlike most cats, tigers are comfortable in water. | #不像大多数猫科动物 老虎在水中很自在# |
| [24:41] | This tiger clearly is. | #这头尤其是# |
| [24:44] | The river is… | #这条河…# |
| [24:46] | You see that, right? | 看到那个没 |
| [24:51] | That’s recording us, and it will be used in court. | 它在录像 到时会用做呈堂证供 |
| [24:55] | How do you think that’s gonna come off? | 你觉得案情会怎么发展 |
| [24:56] | “She was nice, I liked her, but I killed her anyway.” | “她很好 我喜欢她 可我还是杀了她” |
| [25:03] | Detective, what made you so sure so quickly | 警长 为什么你这么快就肯定 |
| [25:07] | Nasir Khan was your man? | 纳西尔·卡恩就是你要找的人 |
| [25:08] | The mountain of evidence. | 铁证如山 |
| [25:10] | So why bother questioning him? | 那你又何必审他呢 |
| [25:12] | Sometimes a suspect wants nothing more than to confess. | 有时嫌疑人只是想认罪 |
| [25:17] | – Did he? – No. | -他认罪了吗 -没 |
| [25:19] | So, that’s when you charged him, when you left the interview room? | 所以 你离开会见室后就起诉他了吗 |
| [25:21] | No. | 没有 |
| [25:23] | Why not? | 为什么 |
| [25:24] | Sometimes the suspect needs time to think things through. | 有时嫌疑人需要花点时间想清楚 |
| [25:27] | So, you gave him some time, and he’s sitting in the squad room pen, | 所以你就给了他时间 而他就坐在大厅 |
| [25:31] | awaiting transfer downtown. | 等着被调去市区 |
| [25:32] | That’s when he confessed? | 他是那时认的罪吗 |
| [25:33] | If he had, we wouldn’t be here. | 如果他认了 我们就会在这了 |
| [25:35] | So, after the arrest, you gave | 那 在逮捕他之后 |
| [25:37] | him the opportunity to confess and he didn’t. | 你给了他机会认罪 但他没认 |
| [25:40] | Then 12 hours later, after you gave him the opportunity to think about it, | 12小时后 你又给了他机会考虑 |
| [25:43] | he didn’t confess. | 他还是没认罪 |
| [25:45] | Then when the DA gave him the opportunity to accept just 15 years | 后来地检察官给他机会接受15年有期徒刑 |
| [25:49] | instead of a possible life sentence, | 而不是无期徒刑的时候 |
| [25:50] | he didn’t confess. | 他依然没认罪 |
| [25:52] | I don’t know, 15 years sounds like a pretty good deal to me, | 不知道 但我觉得15年已经很好了 |
| [25:55] | what with a mountain of evidence, don’t you? | 毕竟铁证如山 不是吗 |
| [25:58] | I’ll take evidence over a confession | 我更相信证据 而不是认罪 |
| [26:01] | any day of the week. | 什么时候都是 |
| [26:03] | Thank you, Detective. | 谢谢 警长 |
| [26:41] | How you doing? | 你好呀 |
| [26:46] | Yeah. | 真乖 |
| [27:31] | Oh, fuck. | 我操 |
| [27:35] | Come on, let’s go. Come on. | 快走 赶紧走 |
| [27:40] | All right, okay. | 好了 行了 |
| [27:44] | You stay in there. | 你在这儿待着 |
| [27:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
| [28:00] | You know, I was thinking, | 你知道吗 我在想 |
| [28:02] | since you were so right on the money with my eczema, | 既然你治湿疹这么厉害 |
| [28:06] | maybe you have something for my asthma? | 能不能也治治我的哮喘 |
| [28:08] | Get rid of your cat. | 把你的猫扔了 |
| [28:10] | Maybe some kind of root or fish oil, | 比如啥根啊 鱼油啊 |
| [28:12] | or something I could try? | 要么试试别的 |
| [28:14] | Get rid of your cat. | 把你的猫扔了 |
| [28:24] | I don’t want to get rid of my cat. | 我不想把猫扔了 |
| [29:32] | Mr. Cutler, | 卡特勒先生 |
| [29:33] | what do you do for a living? | 你是做什么工作的 |
| [29:36] | I’m a waiter. | 服务员 |
| [29:37] | Any other sources of income? | 有其他收入来源吗 |
| [29:42] | Occasionally I, uh… | 我偶尔… |
| [29:44] | acquire things for friends. | 帮朋友拿点东西 |
| [29:47] | Would these occasional acquisitions | 你偶尔帮他们拿的东西 |
| [29:50] | include pharmaceuticals? | 包括药物吗 |
| [29:51] | Occasionally. | 偶尔 |
| [29:54] | Is the defendant one of your friends? | 被告人是你朋友吗 |
| [29:58] | No. | 不是 |
| [29:59] | What about Andrea? | 安德莉亚呢 |
| [30:01] | Yes. | 是 |
| [30:02] | Did she visit you on October 24th | 她10月24日有没有去找你 |
| [30:05] | wanting to acquire something? | 拿过什么东西 |
| [30:12] | A quarter-gram of K and six Mollies. | 0.25克K和六颗摇头丸 |
| [30:14] | K, ketamine? Mollies, ecstasy? | 就是氯胺酮[K粉]和摇头丸对吗 |
| [30:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
| [30:20] | And did you… I won’t say, “Sell”… | 那你… 我不是说”卖”… |
| [30:22] | – Provide them to her? – Yeah. | -你给她了吗 -给了 |
| [30:24] | Something like this for the ketamine? | 氯胺酮是用这种东西装的吗 |
| [30:29] | Could have been. | 是吧 |
| [30:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [30:43] | I sit there every day. I watch you fight for me. | 每天我坐在那 看着你为我争取 |
| [30:45] | I think, “Why is she doing this?” | 我在想 “她为什么要帮我” |
| [30:50] | I mean, it’s not for the money ’cause you’re not getting paid, | 我是说 你又不是为了钱 因为你没拿报酬 |
| [30:52] | I’m sure, at least not much. | 拿到的肯定也不多 |
| [30:55] | It’s my job. | 工作职责 |
| [30:57] | And it’s your right. | 也是你的权力 |
| [31:02] | Is that all? | 就这些 |
| [31:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
| [31:13] | My dad’s the only person in the world who believes me. | 我爸是唯一相信我的人 |
| [31:17] | Your mother does too. | 你妈妈也是 |
| [31:20] | No. | 不 |
| [31:31] | Well… I do. | 我 相信你 |
| [32:30] | Fuck. | 操 |
| [32:33] | Officer. | 警官 |
| [32:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [33:11] | This for “Law & Order”? | 给”法律与秩序”做的 |
| [33:13] | What? | 什么 |
| [33:14] | Is this for “Law & Order”? | 这是为”法律与秩序”做的吗 |
| [33:15] | I do a lot of props like this for them. | 我常给他们做类似的道具 |
| [33:17] | Yeah, yeah, “Law & Order.” | 是 是 “法律与秩序” |
| [33:25] | Yeah? | 干嘛 |
| [33:27] | I’m at the copy place. | 我在打印店 |
| [33:28] | Living the vida loca of a high-priced attorney. | 享受高价律师的疯狂生活 |
| [33:32] | I’m waiting for them. | 正在等 |
| [33:34] | -I’m doing them. -He’s doing them. | -我在打印了 -他在打印 |
| [33:36] | Okay? All right. | 好吗 行 |
| [33:38] | All right. Bye. | 行 再见 |
| [33:42] | I don’t know. Production assistants are usually younger than you. | 搞不懂 制片助理通常是年轻人 |
| [34:06] | Can you tell us, Dr. Katz, what this photograph is? | 卡茨博士 请告诉我们照片里的是什么 |
| [34:08] | That’s one of the drawers of the bar cabinet | 死者住处客厅里酒橱的 |
| [34:11] | on the parlor level of the brownstone. | 其中一个抽屉 |
| [34:16] | And we can see that its contents are a corkscrew, a nutcracker, | 里面有开瓶器 胡桃钳 |
| [34:20] | some cocktail napkins, some swizzle sticks, and two knives. | 一些鸡尾酒餐巾 调酒棒 和两把刀 |
| [34:25] | They look similar to this one. | 看起来很像这把 |
| [34:26] | They’re more than similar. They’re identical. | 不止是像 是完全一样 |
| [34:29] | They’re all part of the same set. | 来自同一套装 |
| [34:31] | As is the missing one. | 失踪的那把也是 |
| [34:34] | The… Excuse me. The what? | 抱歉… 失踪的什么 |
| [34:35] | These knives are sold in sets of four. | 这种刀以一套四把出售 |
| [34:37] | You can’t buy them any other way. | 没有其他组合 |
| [34:39] | One is missing. | 有一把不见了 |
| [34:40] | Couldn’t it be somewhere else in the house? | 会不会在房里其他地方 |
| [34:42] | No, I checked everywhere. It’s not there. | 不会 我都找过了 没有 |
| [34:44] | If this missing knife was there, | 如果失踪的刀在那儿 |
| [34:46] | presumably, it could cause the same wounds to the victim as this one? | 理论上说 会在被害人身上留下和这把刀一样的伤口 |
| [34:49] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
| [34:55] | Dr. Katz, would you agree with the medical examiner | 卡茨博士 你是否同意验尸官所说 |
| [34:58] | this was a defensive wound? | 这个伤口是反抗所致 |
| [35:00] | No, because it isn’t. | 不 因为这不是 |
| [35:01] | That wound was made before the attack | 这个伤口是在案发前 |
| [35:04] | when the defendant and the victim were playing a game. | 被告和受害人玩的一个游戏造成的 |
| [35:07] | – A game? – You know, like… | -游戏 -就像这样… |
| [35:10] | Please. | 劳烦了 |
| [35:16] | Mumblety-peg? | “糊涂戳” |
| [35:17] | I don’t know. Is that what it’s called? | 不知道 是叫这个吗 |
| [35:21] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
| [35:22] | Okay, but I mean, I don’t play that game. | 好 我不玩这游戏 |
| [35:24] | I mean, who does? But if you did, | 我是说 谁会玩呢 但如果要玩 |
| [35:26] | wouldn’t you put your hand this way? | 难道不会把手这么放吗 |
| [35:28] | Palm down. | 手背朝上 |
| [35:29] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
| [35:30] | It seems more natural, if you ask me, | 要我说 这样更自然 |
| [35:33] | if anything about this game could be natural. | 如果这游戏还有不奇怪的地方 |
| [35:34] | It was natural for her this way. | 她这样更自然 |
| [35:39] | And she had played that game before. | 而且她玩过这游戏 |
| [35:41] | You can see the scars in Dr. Chester’s own photographs, | 在切斯特医生自己拍的照片里能看见 |
| [35:44] | on her hands and elsewhere on her body. | 在她手上和身上的其它伤疤 |
| [35:46] | Self-inflicted wounds. | 自残所致 |
| [35:48] | Why would anyone do that? | 为什么要这么做呢 |
| [35:50] | Everyone knows it’s not uncommon among troubled people. | 在深陷不安的人群里 这并不少见 |
| [35:54] | Okay, but still, how can you be certain this particular wound | 好的 但为什么你如此确信这个伤口 |
| [35:57] | happened somewhere other than the bedroom? | 不是在卧室造成的呢 |
| [35:58] | Because of her skin cells | 因为茶几上的凿痕里 |
| [36:00] | in one of the gouges of the coffee table. | 有她的皮下细胞 |
| [36:06] | Really? You saw that in the crime scene unit’s report? | 真的吗 是在犯罪现场调查组的报告里看到的吗 |
| [36:08] | No. They didn’t notice, | 不 他们没注意 |
| [36:10] | or at least they didn’t note these skin cells, | 至少没记录下那些细胞 |
| [36:12] | but they’re in the table. | 但确实是在桌上 |
| [36:13] | So, if this is how this wound occurred during this game, | 所以 如果这个伤口是游戏造成 |
| [36:17] | that could explain how the victim’s blood came to be on this knife? | 也就解释了 为什么被害人的血会在这把刀上 |
| [36:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
| [36:26] | This is the basement level. | 这是地下室 |
| [36:28] | Correct. | 没错 |
| [36:32] | – What’s this? – The front gate. | -这是哪里 -前门 |
| [36:34] | I notice it’s ajar. | 它是半掩着的 |
| [36:35] | It’s ajar because it doesn’t close. It hasn’t for years. | 因为关不上 坏了很多年 |
| [36:41] | The rust on the latch shows that. | 门闩上的锈可以证明 |
| [36:46] | And this? | 这个呢 |
| [36:47] | The front basement door, which does close, | 地下室前门 能关上 |
| [36:49] | but the crime scene detectives noted that it was unlocked, | 根据现场警探的记录 当时并未上锁 |
| [36:52] | as was a second-story window on the garden side. | 花园那面二楼的窗户也没锁 |
| [36:58] | Would it be possible for someone… | 那是否可能有人… |
| [37:00] | Say, an intruder… To get to that window, though, | 比如 闯入者… 攀上这个窗户 |
| [37:02] | being a level up from the garden? | 尽管是花园以上的二楼 |
| [37:03] | Yes, there’s a tree right there. | 是 那里正好有棵树 |
| [37:05] | This tree? | 这棵 |
| [37:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
| [37:07] | But how do you know it’s scalable? | 你怎么知道爬得上去 |
| [37:08] | Because I scaled it, easily, and I’m pushing 70. | 因为我试了 而且我已经奔七了 |
| [37:12] | You don’t look it. | 看起来不像 |
| [37:14] | I feel it sometimes. | 有时能感觉到 |
| [37:16] | While you were scaling this tree to the second-floor window, | 爬树上二楼窗户的时候 |
| [37:19] | could you see the basement-level kitchen? | 能看见地下室的厨房吗 |
| [37:22] | No. | 不能 |
| [37:24] | What if you came through the gate that won’t close | 要是从关不上的那道门走 |
| [37:26] | and door that was unlocked and went up the staircase? | 或是从没锁的地下室前门上楼呢 |
| [37:29] | You could see someone in the kitchen then, I imagine, | 既然处于同一层 |
| [37:31] | since they’re on the same level. | 应该能看见厨房里的人吧 |
| [37:32] | No. I took a picture of this. | 不 我特意照了相 |
| [37:37] | That shows what you see of the kitchen from the staircase. | 这是从楼梯角度看见的厨房 |
| [37:44] | What kitchen? | 什么厨房 |
| [37:46] | Exactly. What kitchen? | 没错 根本看不见 |
| [37:50] | Thank you, Dr. Katz. | 谢谢你 卡茨博士 |
| [37:53] | Your witness, Mrs. Weiss. | 该你了 威斯夫人 |
| [38:05] | Dr. Katz, | 卡茨博士 |
| [38:07] | it’s a pleasure to meet you. | 见到你不胜荣幸 |
| [38:09] | And you. | 你也是 |
| [38:10] | Me? Okay, thank you. | 我吗 好吧 谢谢 |
| [38:12] | But I’m not famous like you are. | 但我不像你那么出名 |
| [38:15] | I’m not famous. No pathologist is famous. | 我不出名 没哪个病理学家出名的 |
| [38:18] | Maybe I’m known in certain professional circles, | 可能在某些学术圈里还有点名气 |
| [38:20] | but that’s about it. | 但也仅此而已 |
| [38:22] | No one recognizes you on the street? | 你走在街上没人认出你吗 |
| [38:24] | If they do, maybe they saw my picture on the back of one of my books. | 认出来也是因为见过我某本书封底的照片吧 |
| [38:29] | Or on TV? | 或在电视上 |
| [38:31] | Since you’ve testified in a lot of high-profile, | 毕竟你高调作证过很多次 |
| [38:34] | sometimes televised trials. | 有时还上电视 |
| [38:39] | But in pathology, fame plays no part, does it? | 但就病理学而言 名气并不重要 对吧 |
| [38:43] | Whether you’re a New York City medical examiner | 不管你是像切斯特医生一样的 |
| [38:46] | like Dr. Chester, | 纽约法医 |
| [38:47] | who no one recognizes on the street, | 走在街上没人认得出 |
| [38:50] | or an expert witness for O.J. Simpson. | 还是辛普森杀妻案的专家证人 |
| [38:53] | Objection. | 反对 |
| [38:54] | To what? | 反对什么 |
| [38:56] | It’s a compliment. | 我这是赞扬 |
| [38:58] | Overruled. | 驳回 |
| [39:03] | Is Dr. Chester, unknown as he may be to the public, | 就算切斯特医生是个优秀的病理学家 |
| [39:07] | a good pathologist? | 也会默默无闻吗 |
| [39:10] | Since I’m under oath, I’d have to say, not in my opinion. | 既然我宣誓了 我只能说 无可奉告 |
| [39:14] | You disagree with him? | 你不同意他 |
| [39:16] | Not only about the victim’s hand wound, | 不光是受害人手上的伤 |
| [39:19] | but also… | 还包括… |
| [39:21] | what he said about this knife wound | 他对被告人手上 |
| [39:25] | on the defendant’s hand? | 这处刀伤的看法 |
| [39:27] | I do. Because it’s not a knife wound caused | 我确实不同意 因为他的手不是 |
| [39:30] | by his hand slipping from the handle onto the blade. | 从刀柄滑到刀刃上被割伤的 |
| [39:33] | It was cut on a piece of glass from the broken door pane. | 这是被打碎的门框玻璃划伤的 |
| [39:38] | So, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about? | 这么说 他根本是在胡说八道 |
| [39:40] | I’d like to find a nicer way to put it. | 我不想说得这么直白 |
| [39:43] | How about like this. | 那这么说如何 |
| [39:49] | “Dr. Chester is a modern day giant | “切斯特医生是当代 |
| [39:52] | in the field of forensic pathology. | 法医病理学领域的巨匠 |
| [39:54] | We’d all be well-advised to try to emulate his wisdom | 我们需要审慎稳妥才可能获得他的智慧 |
| [39:58] | and scientific exactitude.” | 和科学的精准” |
| [40:01] | You know who said that? | 知道这是谁说的吗 |
| [40:04] | Me. | 我 |
| [40:06] | – Where? – A testimonial dinner. | -在哪说的 -一次庆功宴上 |
| [40:09] | Your praise sounds so sincere. | 你的赞扬听起来好真诚 |
| [40:12] | Are you saying it wasn’t? | 这点不否认吧 |
| [40:14] | You’re asked to speak about someone, | 如果要你对某人说两句 |
| [40:16] | do you embarrass them by saying what you really think? | 你会把内心真实想法说出来寒碜他吗 |
| [40:19] | You could decline to speak. | 你可以选择不说 |
| [40:21] | But that would have embarrassed him just as much. | 那一样会让他难堪 |
| [40:26] | So, what were you really thinking | 你当着那么多人的面 |
| [40:29] | up there in front of all those people | 用让人信服的口气 |
| [40:30] | saying things you didn’t believe to be true | 说一些违心的话 |
| [40:33] | in such a convincing manner? | 那时候你在想什么 |
| [40:34] | Honestly? Dessert. | 真要说 想吃甜品 |
| [40:46] | The knife you described as missing from its set, | 你描述的那把从现场丢失的刀 |
| [40:51] | do you know when it was bought? | 知道是什么时候买的吗 |
| [40:52] | No, but I know it couldn’t have been later than 2008 | 不知道 但我知道肯定在08年以前 |
| [40:55] | since that’s when that model was discontinued. | 因为那种型号是那时候停产的 |
| [40:59] | I bought my husband an electric drill | 我给我丈夫买了把电钻 |
| [41:01] | with an array of two dozen drill bits in 2008. | 配有24个印着08年序列号的钻头 |
| [41:05] | Admittedly, not the most romantic birthday gift, | 不得不承认 这种生日礼物一点都不浪漫 |
| [41:08] | but he’s a happy putterer. | 但他是个会找乐子的闲人 |
| [41:10] | Well, so am I. I’d find it romantic. | 是 我觉得挺浪漫的 |
| [41:13] | – My point is… – I think we already know. | -我想说… -我们知道了 |
| [41:18] | Dr. Katz… | 卡茨博士… |
| [41:20] | we’ve both been doing what we do for a long time, | 我们都工作了很长时间 |
| [41:23] | and it’s put us in courtrooms for too many days. | 我们经常要为工作在庭审上花好几天 |
| [41:26] | But as a result, we know the rules of the court, | 但总归知道庭审的规则 |
| [41:28] | and one of them is you answer the questions I ask, | 其中一条就是 你只回答我问的问题 |
| [41:31] | not ones I don’t. | 没问的不要答 |
| [41:34] | Sure. Okay. | 好 没问题 |
| [41:37] | After six years, how many of those 24 drill bits | 六年后 你觉得这24个电钻里 |
| [41:41] | do you think are still in their case? | 还有多少个能用 |
| [41:45] | None of them. | 都不能用了 |
| [41:46] | None of them. | 一个都不能 |
| [41:47] | My husband has lost them all. | 我丈夫把它们全弄丢了 |
| [41:49] | Then I know what you should get him for Christmas. | 那我知道你该给他买啥圣诞礼物了 |
| [41:52] | He doesn’t deserve it. | 他不配 |
| [41:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
| [41:55] | Now you can answer the question I haven’t asked | 现在你可以回答我没问的问题了 |
| [41:58] | ’cause you know what it is. | 因为你知道我要问什么 |
| [42:00] | The missing fourth knife, it could have been lost | 不见了的第四把刀 可能丢在垃圾处理器里 |
| [42:03] | or chewed up in the garbage disposal, | 或者被搅碎了 |
| [42:05] | or thrown out at some point in time. | 又或者什么时候扔了 |
| [42:11] | And this. | 还有这个 |
| [42:13] | This wound on the victim’s hand, | 受害者手上的伤 |
| [42:16] | which occurred, you say, | 你说是因为一个 |
| [42:19] | during a game none of us would want to play. | 没人会玩的游戏 |
| [42:22] | But if we did, if you did, | 但如果我们玩了 你玩了 |
| [42:25] | do you really think, as the blood is running down your arm | 你真觉得 当血顺着你胳膊流 |
| [42:29] | and pooling on the table, | 在桌上流了一滩后 |
| [42:31] | you’d feel like having sex? | 你会想做爱 |
| [42:34] | Or would you rather | 还是更可能 |
| [42:36] | want to be rushed to the emergency room? | 冲去急诊室求助 |
| [42:38] | Personally, the emergency room, | 个人而言 当然是去急诊室 |
| [42:40] | but I understand there were a lot of drugs involved. | 但我知道 这事有毒品作祟 |
| [42:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
| [42:48] | Thank you, Dr. Katz. | 谢谢你 卡兹博士 |
| [42:49] | It really has been a pleasure meeting you. | 见到你真的很高兴 |
| [43:01] | I’m confused. | 我搞不懂了 |
| [43:03] | Is this yours? | 这是你的吗 |
| [43:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
| [43:06] | Because it’s gone now. It’s not in evidence. | 因为这玩意儿现在没了 证据里没有 |
| [43:09] | Well, I don’t have it anymore. | 我现在也没有 |
| [43:11] | I know you don’t have it anymore. | 我知道你现在没有 |
| [43:12] | You left it there, but they should have it. | 但你把它放那了 他们应该拿到才对 |
| [43:15] | Well, I had it. They took it to the tombs. | 那会儿还在我手上 他们把它带去墓地了 |
| [43:17] | How could you have had it then if it’s here? | 但如果它在 你那时怎么会有 |
| [43:20] | Oh, because he gave it back to me that night, | 因为那天晚上他把它给我了 |
| [43:23] | in the squad room. | 在警局集合厅 |
| [43:25] | Who did? | 谁给的 |
| [43:27] | The detective. | 那个警探 |
| [43:38] | Box? | 博克斯吗 |
| [43:56] | Excited about the big night? | 要享福了 开心吗 |
| [43:58] | Thrilled. | 开心死了 |
| [44:08] | Can I help you with that? | 要我帮忙吗 |
| [44:09] | You can move, that’d help. | 你走开就是帮忙了 |
| [44:28] | Do you swear or affirm to tell the truth, | 你发誓或肯定会陈述事实 |
| [44:30] | the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? | 并且只陈述事实吗 |
| [44:32] | Yes. | 我发誓 |
| [44:36] | Detective, welcome back. | 欢迎回来 警探 |
| [44:41] | I heard you’re about to retire. | 听说你要退休了 |
| [44:44] | I heard that too. | 是的 |
| [44:45] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
| [44:47] | How long has it been? | 你做这行多久了 |
| [44:48] | Thirty-three years. | 33年 |
| [44:50] | Well, you’ll be sorely missed by your colleagues, I’m sure, | 我相信你的同事会很想念你 |
| [44:52] | and by us, the public, too. | 大家也会想你 |
| [44:54] | We thank you for your service. | 感谢你的辛勤付出 |
| [45:02] | Can you tell us in the course of your investigation | 能告诉我们 在调查进程中 |
| [45:05] | how many suspects you interviewed? | 你审了多少嫌疑人吗 |
| [45:06] | One, the defendant. | 一个 就是被告 |
| [45:09] | Not Trevor Williams? | 没有特雷沃·威廉姆斯吗 |
| [45:12] | Yeah. | 没有 |
| [45:15] | This towelhead. | 是这个阿拉伯人 |
| [45:17] | He was a witness, so, yes, of course, I spoke to him. | 他是目击证人 所以 我当然和他谈过 |
| [45:22] | As a result of that interview, you didn’t do any follow-ups? | 根据审问结果 你没有跟进吗 |
| [45:24] | Nothing to follow up. | 没什么可跟进的 |
| [45:26] | You didn’t interview Duane Reade? | 你没审问杜安·瑞蒂吗 |
| [45:29] | Someone at Duane Reade? | 杜安瑞蒂连锁药店里的人吗 |
| [45:31] | An individual named Duane Reade. | 是个叫杜安·瑞蒂的人 |
| [45:33] | Is that a joke? | 这是笑话吗 |
| [45:35] | No, but I’m sure he gets that a lot. | 不是 但我肯定他与本案有很大关联 |
| [45:37] | He was with Mr. Williams when he had words with the defendant | 那晚 威廉姆斯先生和被告及考尼什小姐 |
| [45:41] | and Ms. Cornish outside her home that night. | 在她家门外讲话时 杜安·瑞蒂也在场 |
| [45:43] | But you didn’t interview him? | 可你却没审问他 |
| [45:44] | Mr. Williams said he was alone, | 威廉姆斯先生说他是自己一个人 |
| [45:46] | so, no, I didn’t interview anyone he wasn’t with. | 所以我没审任何没和他一起的人 |
| [45:49] | So you’re unaware of Mr. Reade’s numerous | 所以你不知道瑞蒂先生 |
| [45:51] | convictions for aggravated assault? | 犯过数起严重恐吓罪吗 |
| [45:56] | What about Royal Day? | 那罗约尔·戴呢 |
| [45:57] | Who’s he? A friend of Duane Reade’s? | 是谁 杜安·瑞蒂的朋友吗 |
| [46:00] | The other eyewitness. | 另一个目击证人 |
| [46:01] | Mr. Caval, who lives across the street | 卡瓦尔先生才是另一个目击证人 |
| [46:04] | who called in the break-in was the other eyewitness. | 他住街对面 就是他报案有人非法闯入的 |
| [46:07] | No, he’s another eyewitness, | 不 他又是另一个 |
| [46:08] | but, like Mr. Reade, not the only other one. | 但和瑞蒂先生一样 他不是唯一在场的另一个 |
| [46:11] | You didn’t interview Mr. Day? | 你没审问戴先生吗 |
| [46:12] | Again, I don’t interview people I don’t know about. | 再说一遍 我不会审问不知情的人 |
| [46:16] | You know about him. You’ve seen him. | 你知道他 你见过他的 |
| [46:18] | In the security tapes at the Shell station. | 在壳牌加油站的保安录像带里 |
| [46:26] | He too had an unpleasant | 他那晚和受害人及被告 |
| [46:27] | encounter with the victim and defendant that night. | 也有过一次不愉快的照面 |
| [46:30] | Are you sure you didn’t interview him? | 你确定没有审问过他吗 |
| [46:32] | Asked and answered. | 还是之前那句话 |
| [46:38] | In your 19 years in homicide, | 在19年的凶杀案工作中 |
| [46:40] | how many crime scenes have you worked? | 你处理过多少犯罪现场 |
| [46:42] | I don’t know. Three hundred, give or take. | 记不清了 300起左右 |
| [46:45] | And at these 300, give or take, crime scenes, | 那么在这300起左右的犯罪现场中 |
| [46:47] | at any crime scene, it’s important, isn’t it, | 任何一个犯罪现场 都很重要 不是吗 |
| [46:50] | that evidence is examined, photographed, cataloged, | 证据会被检测 拍照 分类 |
| [46:53] | and carefully stored? | 并严加封存 对吗 |
| [46:55] | Obviously. | 当然 |
| [47:04] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
| [47:10] | An asthma inhaler. | 哮喘吸入器 |
| [47:12] | Any idea where it is? | 你知道它在哪儿吗 |
| [47:14] | – You’d have to ask him. – Who? | -这你要问他 -问谁 |
| [47:17] | The defendant. I gave it to him. | 被告 我把吸入器给他了 |
| [47:19] | What he did with it, I wouldn’t know. | 他用它做了什么 我不知道 |
| [47:21] | I’m sorry, you gave it… | 不好意思 你把它给了… |
| [47:23] | Yeah. Should I say it again? | 对 要我再说一遍吗 |
| [47:27] | I’m trying to understand this. | 我有点不明白 |
| [47:29] | You’re saying you took it from the crime scene, | 你是说你从犯罪现场拿走呼吸器 |
| [47:31] | – and gave it to him? – That’s right. | -然后把它给了他吗 -没错 |
| [47:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
| [47:35] | Because he needed it. | 因为他需要 |
| [47:36] | He was distressed. He was having trouble breathing. | 他当时很痛苦 呼吸困难 |
| [47:39] | So, instead of taking him to the hospital, | 所以 他的哮喘发生时 |
| [47:41] | which is how it’s supposed | 你本该带他去医院 |
| [47:42] | to work when something like that happens, | 而你没有 |
| [47:44] | you removed evidence from the crime scene? | 反而拿走了犯罪现场的证据 |
| [47:47] | Yes, I did. | 没错 |
| [47:48] | Because it had been photographed and logged, | 因为已经把它拍照登记了 |
| [47:50] | so there was no reason not to. | 所以这样做没什么问题 |
| [47:52] | Other than it runs counter to standard police rules and practices | 但你破坏了证据链 |
| [47:55] | regarding chain of evidence and is grossly unprofessional? | 而且这样做违背了标准警署条例 非常不专业 |
| [47:59] | Which, with 33 years experience, you would certainly know. | 鉴于你33年的从业经历 你一定清楚这个 |
| [48:02] | He was suffering. | 他当时很痛苦 |
| [48:04] | My apologies for trying to lessen his suffering. | 我只想减轻他的痛苦 我的错 |
| [48:06] | That’s why you did it? | 所以你就这么做了 |
| [48:09] | Not because it didn’t fit? | 并不是因为它与案件不符 |
| [48:13] | I really don’t know what that means. | 我真的不懂你什么意思 |
| [48:15] | “If the glove don’t fit, you must acquit.” | “若手套不匹配 嫌疑人必须无罪释放” |
| [48:21] | An inhaler doesn’t fit how we picture | 吸入器与我们所想的 |
| [48:23] | a crazed killer trying to stab someone 22 times | 丧心病狂的凶手在喘乐宁被打掉的情况下 |
| [48:25] | between hits off his Ventolin. | 依然捅了某人22刀的画面不符 |
| [48:28] | No. That’s not why. | 不 不是因为这个 |
| [48:30] | I told you why. | 我告诉你原因了 |
| [48:32] | I’m not saying you consciously thought about it. | 我不是说你有意为之 |
| [48:34] | I’m wondering if maybe it was subconscious, | 我在想 或许你是下意识为之 |
| [48:36] | if you were having doubts about his guilt from the beginning. | 或许最初你对他的罪行有过怀疑 |
| [48:39] | Subconscious? | 下意识 |
| [48:43] | Well, if one could describe what goes on in their sub-conscious mind, | 好吧 如果我能说出我下意识的思维过程 |
| [48:47] | it wouldn’t be sub-conscious, would it? | 就不叫下意识了吧 |
| [48:51] | So, I guess there’s no way for us to know. | 所以 大概无从得知了 |
| [48:54] | Unless you got Freud out there waiting to be called. | 除非弗洛伊德在等待你的传唤 |
| [49:04] | Mrs. Weiss. | 威斯夫人 |
| [49:06] | I have no questions. | 我问完了 |
| [50:55] | Hey! Here he is! | 嘿 他来了 |
| [51:09] | What I’m gonna do now? | 现在该怎么办 |
| [51:11] | Shit is all fucked up now. | 全搞砸了 |
| [51:15] | Shit was going good, too. | 本来已经渐入佳境 |
| [51:19] | What the fuck he do that for? | 他他妈是想干嘛 |
| [51:20] | He ain’t had to do nothing but sit there? | 他什么都不用管 坐着就行了 |
| [51:22] | You and his moms did everything. | 你和他妈把活全包了 |
| [51:24] | I didn’t know him any better than you. I don’t know. | 我没你了解他 我不知道 |
| [51:40] | There goes the party train. | 好戏又要上演了 |
| [51:48] | “Off-duty.” Like you are most of the time. | “下班” 像你平时那样 |
| [51:53] | That’s it. Ah, just kidding! | 就这么多 开玩笑的 |
| [51:56] | Hey, we got you… We got you something else. | 我们给你… 给你准备了别的东西 |
| [52:00] | Here we go! | 走起 |
| [52:22] | You got something you wanna tell me? | 你有话跟我说吗 |
| [52:26] | About Petey? | 关于皮蒂的 |
| [52:34] | Yeah. | 有 |
| [52:44] | Yeah! | 干杯 |
| [53:03] | The only pleasure I have | 我唯一欣慰的就是 |
| [53:05] | is knowing how much of a pound of flesh | 知道你们这些小丑 |
| [53:09] | both of you clowns have had to pay | 会为自己的决定 |
| [53:11] | for your decisions… | 付出多沉痛的代价… |
| [53:50] | Yo, I need a new one. | 嘿 我要一个新的 |
| [54:28] | Fuck! | 操 |
| [54:29] | Send a squad to the annex! Squad to the annex! | 派人来附岗 快派人来附岗 |
| [54:40] | Send a squad now! | 立刻派人过来 |
| [54:51] | What’s taking you so long?! | 怎么这么久 |