时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | What’s going on? Did something happen? | 怎么了 发生什么事了吗 |
[00:10] | Did he do something? | 是他做了什么吗 |
[00:11] | I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be here. | 抱歉 我不该在这的 |
[00:13] | – I should be going. – Hey, stop, don’t– | -我该走了 -别这么说 |
[00:18] | You fucked her, didn’t you? | 你操了她 是不是 |
[00:19] | – This is not– – Cole! | -不是… -科尔 |
[00:25] | What is it you do, Alison? | 你是做什么的 艾莉森 |
[00:26] | Uh, at the moment, just this. | 目前 就这个 |
[00:30] | Did you ever think about leaving? | 你有想过要离开这儿吗 |
[00:32] | When I was younger, I wanted to be a doctor. | 年轻的时候我想当个医生 |
[00:35] | You did? | 是吗 |
[00:36] | Hey, hey, hey! Here he is! | 你来了 |
[00:38] | The new bad boy of American letters. | 美国文学界的新生代坏小子 |
[00:40] | Some people calling you the voice of your generation. | 有人说你是你这一代人的声音 |
[00:43] | There’s a guest bedroom upstairs at the end of the hall. | 在楼上走廊尽头有一间客房 |
[00:46] | Come meet me there in 15 minutes. | 15分钟后去那找我 |
[00:53] | – Dad, what the fuck? – Oh, shit! | -爸爸 搞什么 -该死 |
[00:56] | Did you manage to get a hold of him? | 你联系上他了吗 |
[00:57] | Service is out everywhere with the hurricane. | 暴风导致很多地方的信号都断了 |
[00:59] | Let’s focus on you and that baby. | 现在我们只关注你和宝宝 |
[01:00] | I can’t do this alone. I can’t do– | 我一个人没法做到 我做不到… |
[01:02] | Your husband is finally here. | 你丈夫终于到了 |
[01:04] | Should I show him in? | 要让他进来吗 |
[01:07] | Not yet. | 再等一下吧 |
[02:42] | Holy crap. | 见鬼 |
[02:44] | They said this was gonna be a circus, | 他们说这里会有很多人 |
[02:45] | but this–you know what, fuck the construction. | 但这个…算了 管他什么解释 |
[02:47] | Go around the back. | 我们绕到后面 |
[02:50] | It’s fine. Just pull up here. | 没事 在这里停车就行 |
[02:52] | – Noah. – Are you sure? | -诺亚 -你确定吗 |
[02:54] | I’m good. | 没事 |
[02:57] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[02:59] | Here we go. Stick right behind me. | 那下车吧 紧紧跟住我 |
[03:01] | Don’t talk to anyone, don’t look at anyone. | 不要跟任何人说话 不要看任何人 |
[03:23] | Excuse us, excuse us. | 借过 借过 |
[03:25] | Please, please back up. | 请退后 |
[03:26] | – Are you expecting…a quick trial? – Please, not now. | -审判会很快吗 -现在不要提问 |
[03:28] | Jury’s three quarters female. Is that a good thing? | 陪审团有四分之三的女性 这是好事吗 |
[03:30] | No questions now. I’m sorry. Excuse us. | 现在先不要提问 很抱歉 借过 |
[03:34] | Excuse us, please. | 借过 |
[03:35] | – Sign my book. – Excuse me, please. | -给我的书签个名吧 -请让开 |
[03:37] | Fuck you, Solloway. | 去你的 索洛维 |
[03:47] | Hey, Ali, uh, just wondering if you got my texts. | 艾莉 你收到我的短信了吗 |
[03:50] | It’s, uh, 12 minutes past two. | 现在是两点十二分了 |
[03:53] | So, uh, just checking you’re okay, | 我问问你的情况 |
[03:56] | and wondering if you want us to start without you, | 顺便问问你想让我们先开始 |
[03:59] | or if you, uh, if I should just–I don’t know, | 还是说你想… 是不是我该… |
[04:02] | make a run for it and go see Captain America. | 逃离这里 然后去看《美国队长》 |
[04:05] | Marilyn’s staring at me, so, uh, help, | 玛丽莲在盯着我 你快来救我 |
[04:08] | she’s gonna make me talk. | 她会逼我开口的 |
[04:09] | Uh, uh, love you. | 好了 爱你 |
[04:16] | I don’t know where she is. | 我不知道她在哪里 |
[04:16] | Maybe she’s in the subway or something. | 可能正在地铁上之类的吧 |
[04:19] | I’m sure she’ll turn up. | 她肯定会来的 |
[04:22] | You seem tired. | 你好像很累 |
[04:23] | Uh, I am. | 是的 |
[04:24] | Baby was up again. | 宝宝又醒了 |
[04:25] | 4:50, her time of choice. | 凌晨四点五十 真会挑时候 |
[04:28] | That’s no fun. | 一定折腾坏你们了 |
[04:29] | Uh, God, it’s abysmal. | 天啊 太恐怖了 |
[04:31] | You’re out cold, dreaming sweetly, | 你睡得正香 还做着美梦 |
[04:33] | and this little voice that’s somehow so loud, | 突然就听到一个小家伙在大喊 |
[04:35] | “Mama, Mama.” | “妈咪 妈咪” |
[04:38] | I didn’t know she was talking. | 我都不知道她会说话了 |
[04:40] | Yeah, I can’t get her to say “Dada” to save my life, | 是啊 可她就是不叫爸比 |
[04:43] | but that’s okay. Still love her. | 但没事 我还是爱她 |
[04:46] | I guess. | 应该吧 |
[04:52] | – Nothing? – No, no. | -没有回复吗 -没有 |
[04:55] | She has a midterm tomorrow. | 她明天有期中考试 |
[04:56] | She probably stayed behind after class | 说不定下课后没走 |
[04:58] | and, uh, asked some questions. Who knows? | 留下问老师问题 谁知道呢 |
[05:02] | Yes, she mentioned last week that she was nervous about it. | 对 上周她说过她对此很紧张 |
[05:05] | Yeah, I keep telling her she shouldn’t be. | 是 我一直跟她说不用紧张 |
[05:06] | I mean, she–she’s gonna be a great doctor. | 她…会成为一个好医生的 |
[05:09] | I can’t understand why she’s so hard on herself. | 我不懂她为什么要对自己这么苛刻 |
[05:11] | – She– – You can’t? | -她… -你不懂 |
[05:14] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:20] | Should we just reschedule? | 我们要再约时间吗 |
[05:23] | I mean, I’m not gonna– I’m not gonna talk about it | 我不想在她不在场的情况下 |
[05:25] | without her being here. | 说我们的事 |
[05:27] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[05:29] | It’s couple’s therapy. | 这是伴侣咨询 |
[05:30] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:31] | Doesn’t that by definition require two people? | 所以不该两人同时到场吗 |
[05:34] | Generally, yes, but– | 通常是的 但是… |
[05:38] | Truth is, it’s too bad. | 说实话 挺遗憾的 |
[05:39] | I was actually looking forward to coming in for once. | 好不容易我还盼着来这里一次 |
[05:41] | You don’t always? | 不一直都是吗 |
[05:45] | I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[05:48] | I’ve been thinking maybe we– | 我一直在想 我们或许… |
[05:49] | maybe we’ve hit a– hit a plateau. | 或许我们是遭遇了瓶颈期 |
[05:51] | Started repeating ourselves | 总是说重复的话 |
[05:53] | and we’ve gotten past the crisis, | 如今我们已经度过了那场危机 |
[05:57] | we’re basically doing well. | 现在已经没什么问题了 |
[06:02] | And today? | 今天呢 |
[06:05] | What? | 什么 |
[06:06] | You just said today was different. | 你刚才说今天与众不同 |
[06:07] | That you wanted to come. | 说你本就想来 |
[06:10] | Right. | 对 |
[06:13] | But maybe you’ve changed your mind. | 但或许你又改变主意了 |
[06:20] | You know, Noah, I’m not gonna chain you to my couch. | 诺亚 我不会把你绑在我的沙发上 |
[06:23] | That wouldn’t be very professional. | 那就太不专业了 |
[06:33] | Let’s reschedule if you want to. | 如果你想 那我们再约时间吧 |
[06:40] | You could come Wednesday instead. | 你们可以周三再来 |
[06:42] | I have a 3:15. | 三点十五我有时间 |
[06:44] | Uh, I can’t. I got to take Trevor to the eye doctor. | 不行 那会儿我得带特雷弗去看眼睛 |
[06:46] | He’s getting glasses. | 他要戴眼镜了 |
[06:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:50] | You know, this whole week is gonna be tough | 这一整周我们都会很忙 |
[06:52] | ’cause, uh, Helen and Vik went to Africa, | 海伦和维克去了非洲 |
[06:54] | and we got the kids till Sunday. | 孩子们要待到周末 |
[06:56] | Helen and Vik went to Africa? | 海伦和维克去了非洲 |
[06:59] | On safari. Go figure. | 去游猎了 想想看吧 |
[07:01] | Your ex-wife took off with her boyfriend | 你前妻跟男朋友去旅游了 |
[07:03] | and you have the children for a whole week? | 孩子要跟你们一起待一整周 |
[07:07] | Is that part of what you wanted to talk about with Alison? | 你想跟艾莉森谈的是这个吗 |
[07:09] | No, no. I’m–I’m happy for Helen. | 不是 我为海伦高兴 |
[07:12] | Well, Vik seems like a decent guy. | 维克看上去是个好人 |
[07:13] | I mean, he’s a bit strange, but that’s okay. | 虽然有点怪 但还好 |
[07:16] | Seems to make Helen happy. | 他好像能让海伦开心 |
[07:18] | Wonderful. | 很好 |
[07:24] | Well, I guess I’ll, uh– | 那我… |
[07:25] | I’ll go and, uh… | 我先走了… |
[07:28] | …I’ll call you to reschedule. | 改约的时间我们再定 |
[07:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:33] | Enjoy your movie. | 看电影愉快 |
[07:37] | Ah, fuck it. | 不管了 |
[07:39] | This is what I wanted to– | 是这个 我想… |
[07:43] | I was hoping we could deal with. | 我想谈的是这个 |
[07:58] | You’re divorced. | 你离婚了 |
[07:59] | It’s official. | 正式离婚了 |
[08:03] | It came two weeks ago, and… | 我两周前收到的… |
[08:07] | …I haven’t shown it to Alison yet. | 我还没给艾莉森看 |
[08:13] | I keep thinking about Cold Spring. | 我一直在想冷泉村 |
[08:15] | If I got this letter back then, I’d have grabbed her | 如果那时我收到这封信 我肯定会马上 |
[08:17] | and run to City Hall immediately. | 拉她去市政厅登记结婚 |
[08:21] | And now? | 现在呢 |
[08:24] | I don’t know, if there’s one thing | 我也不知道 如果说 |
[08:25] | I’ve learned this past year and through all this, | 过去这一年我学到了什么 那就是 |
[08:27] | it’s to think before I act. | 凡事三思而后行 |
[08:31] | Just want to be certain we’re ready. | 我想确定我们准备好了 |
[08:34] | Do you feel that you’re not? | 你觉得你没准备好吗 |
[08:36] | I think I am. | 我准备好了 |
[08:38] | But not Alison? | 但是艾莉森没准备好吗 |
[08:43] | So what do you think she might say | 如果她在这 你给她看了 |
[08:45] | if she were here, if you showed her this? | 那你觉得她会说什么 |
[08:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:54] | That’s my point. | 这就是我想说的 |
[08:55] | Are you afraid she might say no? | 你担心她拒绝你吗 |
[08:58] | That she doesn’t want to get married? | 担心她不想嫁给你 |
[09:00] | Build a life together? | 跟你一起生活吗 |
[09:02] | Because we’ve–we’ve talked about that a lot in here, | 因为这个我们…我们已经谈过很多次了 |
[09:05] | these issues of trust. | 信任问题 |
[09:07] | And it’s taken a while, but I think Alison– | 确实用了一段时间 但我觉得艾莉森… |
[09:10] | I catch her staring at me. | 我发现她盯着我看 |
[09:14] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[09:16] | With Joanie. | 我跟琼妮在一起的时候 |
[09:17] | I–it happens all the time. | 我…好多次都是这样 |
[09:20] | I’m feeding her cereal or getting her dressed, | 我喂她或者帮她穿衣服的时候 |
[09:22] | and I–I see Alison watching us. | 我发现艾莉森盯着我们看 |
[09:24] | And it’s not just looking. | 不只是看 |
[09:25] | It’s like she’s trying to figure something out. | 她像是要看出什么 |
[09:31] | What? | 看什么 |
[09:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:34] | Whether or not I want the baby. | 看我想不想要这孩子吧 |
[09:40] | I mean, I understand why she’s doing it. | 我理解她为什么这样 |
[09:42] | What I did was terrible. | 我做的事很糟 |
[09:44] | Not making it back for the birth. | 没赶上她生孩子 |
[09:46] | You know, she probably should’ve left me then. | 她或许那时就该离开我 |
[09:49] | I would’ve left me. | 换我也会 |
[09:50] | But she didn’t. | 但她没有 |
[09:51] | I know, and I’m incredibly grateful for that, | 我知道 我也很感激 |
[09:53] | and I spent this entire year trying to make it up to her. | 这一年我都在想着补偿她 |
[09:56] | I changed a thousand diapers, I taught myself to cook, | 给孩子换尿布 学做饭 |
[09:59] | I washed the dishes, I folded the laundry, | 我还洗碗 叠衣服 |
[10:01] | I’ve barely written a fucking word, | 几乎一个字都没写 |
[10:03] | all to try to prove to her | 只想向她证明 |
[10:05] | how sorry I am for my insanity. | 我很后悔自己的疯狂行为 |
[10:07] | You’ve done a tremendous amount, Noah. | 你做了很多努力 诺亚 |
[10:09] | I think Alison knows that. | 我觉得艾莉森明白 |
[10:11] | Except that isn’t enough. | 但这还不够 |
[10:12] | Why isn’t it enough? | 为什么不够 |
[10:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:17] | It’s just how I feel when she’s looking at me. | 她看我的时候我就有这感觉 |
[10:23] | Okay, can we– no more phone. | 好吧 我们… 别看手机了 |
[10:27] | Let’s stick with this for a minute. | 我们先专心聊聊这个 |
[10:28] | Let’s look at these looks. | 聊聊这些表情 |
[10:30] | You feel some sort of judgment from Alison? | 你觉得艾莉森是在批判你吗 |
[10:36] | I guess. | 是的吧 |
[10:37] | This isn’t the first time you’ve brought this up in here. | 这不是你第一次跟我提过了 |
[10:40] | I remember you said something similar about Whitney. | 我记得关于惠特尼你也说了一样的话 |
[10:45] | I did? | 是吗 |
[10:45] | Yes, how the last time you saw her, | 对 你上次看到她 |
[10:47] | she looked at you with tremendous scorn. | 她对你的表情非常轻蔑 |
[10:50] | Disappointment. | 失望 |
[10:52] | And then there was the way you described how Helen looked at you | 还有你形容海伦第一次听到 |
[10:56] | when you first told her about Alison. | 你跟艾莉森出轨的样子 |
[10:59] | I don’t understand where you’re going with this. | 你为什么要说这些 |
[11:01] | So these three women in your life, | 你生命中有三个女人 |
[11:04] | you describe as looking at you in similar ways. | 你形容她们看你的表情都一样 |
[11:07] | With–With judgment. | 带着批判 |
[11:08] | For very different reasons. | 但原因都不同 |
[11:10] | Okay, but I’m just wondering if there might be some | 是 我只是好奇她们之间会不会 |
[11:15] | connection between them that we should explore. | 有什么联系 值得发掘 |
[11:17] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[11:19] | I’m not sure. | 我说不好 |
[11:22] | Does anything come to mind for you? | 你想到什么了吗 |
[11:31] | I want to fuck Lucy Koskoff. | 我想操露西·科斯科夫 |
[11:36] | Who’s Lucy Koskoff? | 那是谁 |
[11:43] | She’s my student. | 我的学生 |
[11:44] | She’s my best student, in fact. | 说实话 是我最好的学生 |
[11:47] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[11:52] | She’s 26, she’s hugely talented, | 她26岁 才华横溢 |
[11:54] | she comes to my office hours | 总是来我办公室 |
[11:55] | and brings me chapters from her novel. | 带自己的小说章节给我看 |
[11:58] | She wants to talk about my novel. | 她想聊聊我的小说 |
[12:02] | And she’s also made it very clear | 也说得很清楚 |
[12:04] | that she’d sleep with me at the drop of a hat. | 自己随时可以跟我上床 |
[12:08] | In fact, I’m meeting her today at four | 其实 我下午四点要跟她见面 |
[12:10] | to talk over her rewrites. | 聊聊改写的问题 |
[12:13] | I know I shouldn’t go, but I can’t bring myself to cancel. | 我知道自己不该去 但不想取消 |
[12:21] | Talk about judgmental stares. | 你也开始批判我了 |
[12:23] | I’m not judging, Noah. I’m just thinking. | 我没有批判 诺亚 是在思考 |
[12:25] | Well, don’t–just– just say something. | 别思考 有话就说 |
[12:29] | What would you like me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[12:30] | Anything, I’d– | 随便 我… |
[12:31] | I want you to tell me what we’re doing here. | 告诉我现在是在干什么 |
[12:33] | What all this is for, really? | 找我谈话是为什么 |
[12:34] | All this talking and listening– | 我说 你听 |
[12:36] | Even if I understand, I–I grasp | 就算我明白 |
[12:38] | all the deep and painful reasons | 抓得住自己这些 |
[12:40] | why I did what I did and I want what I want. | 所作所为的一切深层原因 |
[12:44] | I felt dismissed as a writer, | 觉得自己不够格当作家 |
[12:46] | I’ve held back in my marriage. | 迟迟拖延不结婚 |
[12:47] | I was craving acknowledgement, success. | 我极度渴望认同 成功 |
[12:49] | I mean, what does it mean for me to know all that | 就算我知道了 又有什么用 |
[12:51] | if I still just end up wishing | 我还是满脑子只想着 |
[12:52] | Lucy would quit talking metaphors | 露西能别再说什么比喻 |
[12:54] | so I could take off all her clothes | 而是让我脱光了 |
[12:57] | and just bend her over my desk? | 摁在桌上干一炮 |
[13:01] | She isn’t the first, I’m guessing. | 我猜她不是第一个了 |
[13:06] | What? | 什么 |
[13:07] | Ms. Koskoff can’t be the first woman | 科斯科夫小姐不是第一个 |
[13:10] | you’ve wanted to cheat with. | 你想与之偷情的人 |
[13:12] | You were attracted to other people | 你和海伦20年的婚姻里 |
[13:14] | during your 20 years with Helen. | 也被别人吸引过 |
[13:17] | You say that like it’s a fact. | 你说得好像真的一样 |
[13:19] | Oh, then you weren’t? | 那你没有吗 |
[13:23] | Well, of course I was. | 当然有 |
[13:25] | And did you ever act on it? | 那你行动过吗 |
[13:26] | No. You know that. | 没有 你知道的 |
[13:29] | No, I was faithful except for Alison. | 我只和艾莉森有过 |
[13:32] | Then why are you so afraid you would act on it now? | 但你现在怎么害怕自己会行动 |
[13:35] | Because it’s different. | 因为这次不一样 |
[13:37] | Because of Alison, because you’ve already done it once. | 因为你已经和艾莉森这样做过一次 |
[13:42] | This is not uncommon | 这种想法 |
[13:44] | in people whose relationships began as affairs. | 在因偷情相爱的恋情中很常见 |
[13:48] | This fear that because you’ve strayed once, | 你怕自己已经堕落过一次 |
[13:51] | you might do it again. | 可能会再犯 |
[13:57] | I almost did. | 我差点犯了 |
[14:01] | You almost had sex with Lucy? | 你差点和露西上床了吗 |
[14:02] | No, no, not with Lucy, with– | 不是和露西 |
[14:05] | with my publicist, Eden. | 是我的公关经理 伊登 |
[14:07] | That goddamn night of the hurricane. | 刮飓风的那晚 |
[14:11] | The one we’ve been over and over and over. | 我们之前一直提到的 |
[14:13] | I–well, I– I left things out. | 我还隐瞒了一些事 |
[14:17] | Yes. | 没错 |
[14:18] | Wait, you knew? | 等等 你知道吗 |
[14:26] | She’d been after me for months. | 她缠着我好几个月了 |
[14:28] | I kept turning her down, | 我一直拒绝她 |
[14:29] | and then it was the end of the book tour. | 然后新书宣传结束 |
[14:33] | The rain was coming down sideways, | 那天下着大雨 |
[14:35] | and we were trapped, so I… | 我们被困住了 |
[14:41] | …I was–I was ready to do it. | 我准备好做了 |
[14:44] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[14:45] | No. | 对 |
[14:46] | You stopped yourself. | 你阻止了自己 |
[14:57] | She went to find us a room, and I saw these– | 她去开房间 我看到了这个… |
[15:01] | Oh, Jesus Christ. | 天啊 |
[15:04] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[15:11] | I saw these two girls in a hot tub | 我看到两个姑娘在浴缸里 |
[15:13] | and I was turned on, | 被唤起了性致 |
[15:15] | and I was staring at them. | 盯着她们看 |
[15:21] | Noah, you do know I have heard it all. | 诺亚 你知道我都听过吧 |
[15:23] | It was Whitney. | 那是惠特尼 |
[15:30] | It was my fucking daughter, I– | 是我女儿 我… |
[15:35] | just as my new daughter was being born. | 就在我新女儿降生的时候 |
[15:45] | And, I, uh– | 我… |
[15:48] | it’s the last time I saw her. | 那是我最后一次见她 |
[15:51] | I ran away. I left my daughter there, and I just… | 我跑了 把女儿丢在那 |
[15:54] | …took off. | 直接走了 |
[16:04] | So, you see, I didn’t stop myself. | 所以 不是我阻止的自己 |
[16:07] | I wouldn’t have done. | 我没有 |
[16:11] | Because I am a terrible, terrible, fucking sick, bad guy. | 因为我他妈是个变态的恶人 |
[16:19] | Oh, fuck. | 妈的 |
[16:25] | So do you think this is why you haven’t shown | 你认为这是你没给艾莉森 |
[16:28] | the divorce papers to Alison? | 看离婚协议的原因吗 |
[16:33] | That these– | 这些… |
[16:34] | these feelings you have about Alison judging you, | 这些认为艾莉森批判你 |
[16:38] | not trusting you, that they really have more to do with | 不信任你的感觉 其实主要因为 |
[16:42] | your not trusting yourself? | 你不信任你自己 |
[16:50] | The thing about that night, uh, as it was going on, | 关于那晚的事 当时 |
[16:55] | I remember saying to myself, | 我记得我对自己说 |
[16:58] | “It’ll–it’s okay,” You know. “It’ll be okay.” | “没关系 那没关系” |
[17:03] | And what does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[17:05] | Sleeping with Eden, I knew I was gonna do it. | 我知道自己会跟伊登上床 |
[17:08] | It was as if I’d given myself permission. | 就像我批准了自己这么做 |
[17:10] | I’d already forgiven myself. | 也已经原谅了自己 |
[17:13] | It wasn’t until I saw Whitney | 直到看见惠特尼 |
[17:14] | that I fucking woke up. | 我才惊醒 |
[17:20] | And then I–suddenly, I just had to get out of there. | 然后 我就想赶快离开 |
[17:22] | I didn’t want anyone to see me. It was– | 不让任何人看见我 |
[17:25] | you know that expression, “I wanted to die”? | 你知道人们总说 “我想去死”吗 |
[17:32] | I wanted to die. | 我真的想去死 |
[17:33] | You wanted to die rather than face yourself? | 你情愿死 也不愿面对自我吗 |
[17:36] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:43] | You know, Noah, | 知道吗 诺亚 |
[17:46] | we have never talked about your childhood in here. | 我们还从没聊过你的童年 |
[17:50] | What? | 怎么 |
[17:51] | Now you’re gonna shrink me? | 现在你准备给我心理咨询了 |
[17:54] | Am I going to psychoanalyze you? | 我准备给你心理分析吗 |
[17:55] | Please don’t. | 拜托不要 |
[17:56] | I am curious. | 我很好奇 |
[17:59] | Was your father faithful to your mother? | 你父亲对你母亲忠贞吗 |
[18:02] | That’s funny? | 很好笑吗 |
[18:04] | Was he not? | 他不忠贞 |
[18:06] | My father was the only | 我父亲是东海岸 |
[18:07] | faithful trucker on the eastern seaboard. | 唯一忠贞的卡车司机 |
[18:10] | The night of my wedding to Helen, | 我和海伦结婚的那晚 |
[18:14] | my father drank six whiskeys. | 我爸喝了六杯威士忌 |
[18:17] | And he said to Bruce– | 他对布鲁斯说 |
[18:19] | Bruce is? | 布鲁斯是谁 |
[18:20] | He’s my, um, my father-in-law. | 他是我岳父 |
[18:22] | My ex father-in-law. He’s a novelist. | 我的前任岳父 他是小说家 |
[18:25] | My father told him he was also an artist, | 我爸跟他说他也是搞艺术的 |
[18:27] | but he gave up in his 40s | 但为了照料他患病的妻子 |
[18:29] | to take care of his sick wife. | 他在40多岁时放弃了 |
[18:33] | And is that not true? | 这是真的吗 |
[18:34] | No, it’s not fucking true. | 当然他妈是假的 |
[18:35] | I cared for his sick wife. | 是我在照料他患病的妻子 |
[18:37] | The man did nothing. | 他什么都没做 |
[18:43] | I mean, he was an okay husband until the symptoms got bad, | 在病情加重前他还算是个好丈夫 |
[18:45] | and then he just checked out. | 之后他就撒手不管了 |
[18:47] | My sister and I did everything. | 我姐姐和我负责了一切 |
[18:49] | And then she left, and so it was just me. | 然后她离开了 只剩我一个 |
[18:51] | Every injection, every appointment, | 每次注射 每次和医生的预约 |
[18:53] | giving her baths, massaging her legs, | 给她洗澡 给她按摩双腿 |
[18:56] | and in the end, changing her diapers | 最后还要给她换尿布 |
[18:58] | and all the while he drove his stupid truck | 与此同时 他继续着开他的卡车 |
[19:05] | and then watched TV and drank beer | 然后看电视 喝啤酒 |
[19:07] | until he passed out. Every night. | 喝到趴下为止 每晚都如此 |
[19:11] | And he dares tell me that he loved his wife. | 他竟然敢跟我说他爱他的妻子 |
[19:16] | He never cheated. | 他从没出轨过 |
[19:21] | He genuinely thinks he’s a– he’s a–he’s a fucking hero. | 他真的觉得自己是他妈的英雄 |
[19:25] | A good man ’cause he never stuck his dick in any other– | 一个好人 因为他从没操过其他人 |
[19:29] | He was a drunk, | 他是个酒鬼 |
[19:30] | a delinquent father, and a terrible husband. | 失职的父亲 糟糕的丈夫 |
[19:33] | And I’m the one who’s cast as villain. | 而我却被打上坏人的标签 |
[19:36] | The one who cared for my mother. | 那个照料我母亲的人 |
[19:38] | I was there for my children, and I loved my wife | 我一直陪着我的孩子 和我妻子 |
[19:40] | for 20 years until I made one mistake. | 相爱了二十年 然后就犯了那么一次错 |
[19:47] | Sorry, that didn’t come out right. | 抱歉 我不是那个意思 |
[19:48] | I don’t mean Alison was a mistake. | 我不是说艾莉森是个错误 |
[19:50] | No, I understand. | 我懂的 |
[19:55] | Fuck him. | 去他妈的 |
[19:57] | If that’s what being a good man is, | 如果一个好男人的定义是那样 |
[19:59] | I don’t want any part of it. | 我宁愿一点也不要 |
[20:08] | It makes sense to me, | 我想我明白了 |
[20:10] | given the history you described, | 根据你描述的过去 |
[20:12] | that you might’ve developed a skepticism | 你可能产生了一种对忠贞 |
[20:15] | about fidelity as a virtue. | 是一种美德的怀疑态度 |
[20:19] | Is that fair to say? | 可以这样说吗 |
[20:21] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[20:24] | And that your connection to Alison and– | 你和艾莉森的关系 |
[20:27] | and your attraction to Lucy, | 你会被露西所吸引 |
[20:28] | to you, are… | 对你来说 |
[20:32] | …connected in some way to your father’s hypocrisy. | 都在某种程度上和你父亲的虚伪联系在了一起 |
[20:34] | I think things are only that simple in this office, Marilyn. | 我觉得只有在这里事情才变得简单 玛丽莲 |
[20:38] | I think the rest of the time, we live a complicated, | 其余时间 我们基本上都生活在 |
[20:41] | multifaceted mess, basically. | 复杂多面的混乱之中 |
[20:44] | You think I haven’t thought about this before? | 你以为我之前没有这样想过 |
[20:45] | “I’m angry at my father, so I cheat.” | “我气我父亲 所以我出轨’ |
[20:47] | You know, I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[20:48] | I just don’t think people are that easy to figure out. | 我只是觉得想分析一个人没有那么容易 |
[20:51] | That’s fair enough. | 有道理 |
[20:52] | I think about these questions, | 我时刻都在思考这些问题 |
[20:54] | why people live the way they do, all the time. | 为什么人们会这样生活 |
[20:56] | You do? | 是吗 |
[20:58] | Yes, I– | 是的 我 |
[21:01] | Helen once told me that when she reads obituaries, | 有次海伦告诉我她在读讣闻的时候 |
[21:03] | she’s looking for whether the person loved and was loved. | 总是会去看那人是否爱过和被爱过 |
[21:08] | Did they have a family, were they married long, | 他们是否有过家庭 婚姻是否长久 |
[21:10] | did they have children, grandchildren? | 有小孩或者孙子吗 |
[21:12] | And it kind of blew my mind at the time, | 当时我有点震惊 |
[21:13] | ’cause it never occurred to me | 因为我从没这样想过 |
[21:15] | to judge someone by their family. | 通过一个人的家庭去评价他 |
[21:17] | Instead, you’re looking at what? | 那你是在找什么呢 |
[21:20] | What they–what they did. | 他们有做过什么 |
[21:23] | Meaning their work, their accomplishments? | 你是说他们的工作 成就 |
[21:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:26] | And yet, there’s something about | 但是 部分海伦说的话 |
[21:27] | what Helen said that stayed with you, | 深深地烙印在了你脑子里 |
[21:29] | that–that makes you think she might be on to something. | 让你觉得她可能是不是有所察觉了 |
[21:31] | I just think there are so many different matrices | 我只是觉得有很多不同的矩阵 |
[21:34] | by which to measure a man’s worth, | 可以用来衡量一个人的价值 |
[21:36] | and I–I don’t know which is right. | 而我不知道哪个才是对的 |
[21:39] | I’m writing a whole book about this question. | 关于这个问题我打算写一本新书 |
[21:42] | At least, I’m trying to. | 至少我在努力 |
[21:44] | – Your new novel? – Yeah. | -你的新小说 -是的 |
[21:47] | You haven’t talked about that much in here. | 在这你很少谈你的新书 |
[21:49] | Except to say that it’s very different. | 除了说它会很不同 |
[21:51] | It’s a real departure from Descent. | 相比《坠落》是一次全新的启航 |
[21:54] | – Right. – It’s historical, right? | -没错 -是讲过去的 对吗 |
[21:55] | – It’s World War II? – Right. | -是二战 -对的 |
[21:57] | With no women in it? | 里面没有女人 |
[22:00] | Did I say that? | 我有这样说过吗 |
[22:01] | You said that you wanted to be sure | 你说你想确保 |
[22:03] | it had nothing to do with personal relationships. | 跟你的私人关系无关 |
[22:06] | So there wouldn’t be anything or anyone | 这样艾莉森就不会觉得 |
[22:08] | that Alison might think was her. | 有任何东西任何人是她了 |
[22:11] | Well, I was joking. Kind of. | 我那算是开玩笑吧 |
[22:14] | No, I started off writing a war story, | 起初我写的是一个战争故事 |
[22:16] | and well, it still is that, essentially. | 当然本质上仍然是 |
[22:20] | Can you tell me a little bit about it? | 能给我透露一点点内容吗 |
[22:25] | Do you know who Omar Bradley is? | 你知道奥马尔·布拉德利是谁吗 |
[22:29] | Uh, it sounds familiar. | 很耳熟 |
[22:30] | He’s a–he’s a war hero. | 他是个战争英雄 |
[22:31] | He was a five-star general. | 五星上将 |
[22:33] | He was the commander of the First Army at Normandy. | 他是诺曼底登陆中美国第一军团的指挥官 |
[22:36] | The book is based on his life. | 这本书是根据他的一生写的 |
[22:37] | I mean, it’s fiction, | 虽然是虚构的 |
[22:38] | but he was fascinating. | 但他令人着迷 |
[22:42] | He was a great man. | 他是个伟人 |
[22:45] | He led this extraordinary, | 他的一生卓越非凡 |
[22:48] | significant life. | 意义重大 |
[22:50] | You’d have to write two or three books | 光写完他一半的成就 |
[22:52] | just to cover half of his achievements. | 你就得写两本或三本书 |
[22:54] | I spent half of chapter two | 我在第二章里花了一半篇幅 |
[22:56] | writing about one meeting he had with Montgomery, | 叙述他和蒙哥马利将军的一次会议 |
[22:59] | and then I got to page 65, and… | 然后写到第六十五页 |
[23:09] | What happened on page 65? | 第六十五页怎么了 |
[23:12] | Marlene Dietrich. | 玛琳·黛德丽 |
[23:14] | What? | 什么 |
[23:15] | I was gonna leave her out, but then I just– | 我本来不打算写她的 但之后我 |
[23:17] | I don’t know, she somehow appeared on my screen. | 说不清 不知怎么地就敲下了她的名字 |
[23:22] | She just appeared? | 她就这么出现 |
[23:23] | On her own? | 自己出现的吗 |
[23:25] | Uh, no. | 不是 |
[23:27] | And then seduced your main character? | 然后她对你的主角使了美人计 |
[23:31] | Did you make this up, or– | 你自己编的还是 |
[23:32] | No, no, no, no, it happened. | 不是的 确有发生 |
[23:33] | Well, it was rumored to. | 传闻发生过 |
[23:35] | There are photos of them together. | 有他们在一起的照片 |
[23:38] | And Bradley was married, I’m guessing. | 我猜布拉德利是结了婚的吧 |
[23:40] | For 49 years. | 结了四十九年 |
[23:41] | To the girl across the street. | 和街对面的女生 |
[23:43] | But you see, that’s– that’s who he was. | 你明白吗 那就是他 |
[23:45] | He wasn’t just some fearless leader, | 他并不只是一个毫无畏惧的领导者 |
[23:47] | some cartoon Captain America, | 卡通里的美国队长 |
[23:49] | he was–he was flawed, and imperfect, and selfish, | 他还是有缺陷的 不完美而且自私 |
[23:53] | and that, I now realize is what makes the book compelling. | 我现在明白这书引人入胜的地方正是这个 |
[23:58] | It’s the center of all of it. | 这是一切的中心 |
[24:00] | What do we make of this guy? | 我们该怎么看待这个人 |
[24:02] | Does the fact that he had sex | 他和婚姻之外的一个 |
[24:03] | with a movie star outside marriage, | 电影明星上床这事 |
[24:04] | does that somehow negate all of his achievements? | 会抵消掉他所有的成就吗 |
[24:06] | Or do those traits that made him cheat– | 还是说这些让他出轨的特质 |
[24:08] | ego, intensity, drive– | 自负 热情 充满斗志 |
[24:10] | do they also lead him to achieve? | 同时也让他走向成功 |
[24:14] | Those are some big questions. | 这都是些大问题啊 |
[24:15] | Well, I mean, it’s a very big book. | 这是本充满野心的书 |
[24:18] | And I hope it’s an important one. | 我希望会是一本很重要的书 |
[24:19] | If I could only fucking finish it. | 如果我能完成的话 |
[24:21] | Are you having trouble? | 你遇到了问题吗 |
[24:24] | No, I’m not having trouble. I just– | 没有 我只是 |
[24:27] | Well, the problem is I don’t have any time. | 问题是我没有时间 |
[24:32] | Between the teaching and the baby, and… | 又要教学又要照顾小孩 以及 |
[24:34] | …I need to do more research. | 我需要做更多的调查 |
[24:35] | I need to go to France and spend six or eight weeks | 我需要去法国待六至八周 |
[24:38] | and see where he lived, and he fought, and he fucked and– | 去探访他住过 战过 操过的地方 |
[24:41] | So why not go? Buy a ticket. | 为什么不去呢 买张票就行 |
[24:43] | I’m sure you could figure it out. | 我相信你能想出办法的 |
[24:45] | No, Alison’s program is accelerated, | 不行 艾莉森读的是加速学位 |
[24:47] | so she’s got courses all summer | 她整个夏天都有课 |
[24:48] | and the soonest I can get away is– | 我能离开的最早时间是 |
[24:50] | I don’t even fucking know. | 我他妈的都不知道 |
[24:51] | Fifteen months? | 十五个月后吧 |
[24:52] | That’s frustrating. | 这太郁闷了 |
[24:53] | When I go I need–I need time to write the thing. | 当我去的时候 我需要时间来写书 |
[24:56] | I mean, a book like this, it takes concentration. | 这样的一本书 需要专注力 |
[24:58] | Real focus. It’s not some | 真正的专注 不是什么 |
[25:00] | piece of pulp you can pump out in ten weeks. | 十周就能搞定的低俗小说 |
[25:03] | Like Descent, you mean? | 你是说《坠落》吗 |
[25:05] | Descent is what it is. | 《坠落》不同 |
[25:07] | It was–It was– | 它 它 |
[25:09] | It was–it did amazingly well. | 它 反响很好 |
[25:11] | But I’ve known for a while I wanted to take the next step. | 但我已经考虑好一阵子了 我想再进一步 |
[25:14] | I wanted to do something bigger with real scope. | 我想用真正的眼界来写一本书 |
[25:18] | Something serious and significant. | 严肃的 有意义的 |
[25:21] | So do you notice that the words you use | 你注意到你用来形容 |
[25:24] | to describe Bradley’s life– | 布拉德利一生的词 |
[25:26] | “Big,” “Significant,” “Great”– | 充满野心 意义重大 伟大 |
[25:29] | you’re now using them to describe your new book. | 现在你用它们来形容你的新书 |
[25:32] | Well, he’s the subject of the book. | 书的主题就是他 |
[25:33] | But what I’m interested in | 我想知道的是 |
[25:34] | is how this subject relates to your own life. | 这个主题和你的人生有何联系 |
[25:38] | In your mind. | 在你的脑中 |
[25:41] | I want to know… | 我想知道 |
[25:45] | I want to know if it’s possible, | 想知道是否可能 |
[25:46] | really possible to be both. | 真的可能同时成为两种人 |
[25:50] | Both? | 两种人 |
[25:51] | A good man and a great man. | 一个好人和一个伟人 |
[25:54] | And by good, you mean? | 好人是指 |
[25:56] | Well, the way Helen reads the obituaries, you know, | 就是海伦读讣闻的评价方式 |
[25:58] | for long-lasting marriages, | 婚姻长久 |
[25:59] | for virtue, basically, | 传统美德 差不多就这样 |
[26:02] | monogamy, partnership, love. | 一夫一妻 朋友关系 爱 |
[26:05] | I mean, do the men who Helen thinks led good lives, | 海伦认为是好人的 |
[26:08] | how many of them also had great lives? | 他们中有多少是伟人 |
[26:11] | Depends on what you mean by great. | 这取决于你对伟人的定义 |
[26:13] | Would General Bradley have conquered Normandy | 如果布拉德利上将在家换尿布的话 |
[26:15] | if he’d been home changing diapers? | 他还能登陆诺曼底吗 |
[26:19] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[26:20] | You look at the way this guy led his life. | 看看他生活的方式 |
[26:22] | He went out in the world | 出去闯荡世界 |
[26:23] | and he followed his instincts, | 跟着直觉走 |
[26:24] | and he took whatever he wanted. | 想要什么就拿什么 |
[26:26] | Maybe he was narcissistic, | 也许他自恋 |
[26:27] | maybe Mary was unhappy, | 也许玛丽并不幸福 |
[26:28] | but his life had consequence. | 但他的生活对他人是有影响的 |
[26:30] | He basically won the war for us. | 可以说是他帮我们赢得了战争 |
[26:33] | So do we judge him for his absence for his family | 所以我们要去评判他对家庭的失职 |
[26:35] | and his infidelity, or do we just let that slide, | 他的不忠 还是放过他 |
[26:38] | because what does it matter at the end? | 因为到最后这又有什么意义呢 |
[26:41] | The guy stopped Hitler. | 他阻止了希特勒 |
[26:42] | What does it matter to whom? | 对谁有意义 |
[26:45] | There’s a certain type of man that history reveres. | 在历史上有一种人受人尊敬 |
[26:47] | We see it over and over. | 我们见过无数次了 |
[26:49] | Jefferson, Hamilton, Picasso, | 杰弗森 汉密尔顿 毕加索 |
[26:49] | 托马斯·杰斐逊 美国第三任总统 亚历山大·汉密尔顿 美国开国元勋之一 | |
[26:51] | Hemingway, all of them cheaters. | 海明威 他们都出过轨 |
[26:54] | It’s like they have this bald desire, | 好像他们有这种去得到他们想要的一切的 |
[26:56] | this–this willingness to take whatever they want, | 大胆欲望和意志 |
[27:00] | that ends up making them remarkable. | 这使得他们卓越非凡 |
[27:02] | But again, I want to understand how this connects to you. | 我还是想明白这些和你有什么关联 |
[27:06] | What if, I mean, what if? | 要是 要是 |
[27:08] | What if I–What if I have it in me to be great? | 要是我也有成为伟人的潜质呢 |
[27:13] | What if the only thing that separates me | 要是我和欧内斯特·海明威的 |
[27:14] | from Ernest Hemingway is that he never had to choose? | 唯一区别是他从不需要做选择 |
[27:17] | He–He–He just gave himself permission to do | 他以他作品的名义 |
[27:20] | whatever the fuck he wanted in the name of his work | 允许自己做任何事 |
[27:22] | and he didn’t care who he made suffer. | 不考虑他人的感受 |
[27:25] | And he blew out his brains at 60. | 然后他六十岁时朝自己脑袋上开了一枪 |
[27:30] | Well, what does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[27:32] | You tell me. | 你告诉我 |
[27:36] | It’s one minute to three, Noah. | 还差一分钟到三点 诺亚 |
[27:39] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[27:39] | But before we stop, | 在我们结束前 |
[27:41] | I’d like to return | 我想回到 |
[27:42] | to where we were at the start of the session. | 咨询一开始时候的问题 |
[27:45] | You have some questions to answer with Alison. | 你对艾莉森还有一些问题需要解答 |
[27:49] | Are you ready to tell her your divorce is finalized? | 你准备好告诉她你的离婚已经正式生效了吗 |
[27:52] | And do you actually want to move forward | 你真的已经准备好 |
[27:54] | with your second marriage? | 踏入第二段婚姻了吗 |
[28:00] | I know I want to be a good husband, | 我知道我想做个好丈夫 |
[28:02] | I want to be–I want to be a good partner and a good father, | 我想…做个好伴侣 好父亲 |
[28:08] | and I love having a family, um, and a home | 我喜欢有家人 有家庭 |
[28:11] | and people who depend on me, | 有依靠我的人 |
[28:12] | but I know that in my gut. | 但我心里也知道 |
[28:17] | But I also want to go to France, | 我也想去法国 |
[28:19] | and–for two years, | 住个两年 |
[28:23] | and fuck whoever and feel alive again, | 随性做爱 再次感到活力 |
[28:27] | and write a great novel. | 写出精彩的小说 |
[28:30] | What I do not want is to be dishonest. | 但我不想不忠 |
[28:33] | I tried that and I hate myself for it. | 我干过 也很后悔 |
[28:35] | I–if there’s one thing I could change, | 如果可以改变一件事 |
[28:38] | I do not want to lie… | 那我不会撒谎 |
[28:40] | …to myself or anyone else. | 不会骗自己 骗别人 |
[28:44] | I think that’s admirable, Noah. | 我敬佩你的想法 诺亚 |
[28:46] | I really do. | 真的 |
[28:49] | And we’re at time. | 时间到了 |
[28:52] | So you’re gonna be in here again with Alison, | 下次记得和艾莉森一起来 |
[28:54] | but before that, I think | 但在那之前 我觉得 |
[28:58] | it’s worth taking the time | 我们可以花些时间 |
[29:00] | to look beyond Bradley, beyond Jefferson, beyond whoever. | 跳过布拉德利 杰弗森那些人 |
[29:05] | To another list. | 看看其他人 |
[29:08] | A list of men who did remarkable things | 他们成就了伟业 |
[29:12] | and remained loyal partners. | 也忠实于伴侣 |
[29:15] | We hear about them less, but they’re out there too. | 虽然不甚出名 但也确实存在 |
[29:19] | I know that, of course. | 当然 我知道 |
[29:20] | And conversely, what about the average guys? | 相反地 普通人呢 |
[29:23] | The dentists and accountants who cheat on their wives? | 那些出轨的牙医与会计们 |
[29:27] | A few of them sit right where you’re sitting. | 有些人也坐过那沙发 |
[29:31] | Every week. | 每周都是 |
[29:33] | How do they fit into your theory? | 他们符合你的理论吗 |
[29:37] | You could be in France right now | 你可以现在就去法国 |
[29:39] | with a sitter minding Joanie. | 请保姆照顾琼妮 |
[29:41] | And you didn’t have to tell me about your appointment with Lucy. | 也不用告诉我你和露西的约会 |
[29:45] | And the very fact that you stayed today, | 而你今天选择留下 |
[29:49] | and that you’re struggling with these issues, | 跟我说了纠结的这些问题 |
[29:55] | to me, that says volumes about who you really are. | 对我而言 这展现了真实的你 |
[30:00] | Great, so who am I? | 那我是什么样 |
[30:10] | Thank you for the talk. | 谢谢你跟我聊天 |
[30:11] | Thank you for staying. | 谢谢你留下 |
[30:35] | I’ll take over. You go study. | 我来洗 你去看书吧 |
[30:37] | No, it’s okay. I’m almost done. | 没事 快好了 |
[30:51] | Here you go. | 给 |
[30:53] | Hey, I’m sorry about missing therapy. | 抱歉今天我没去咨询 |
[30:55] | I–I don’t know how I forgot. | 不知道怎么搞忘记了 |
[30:58] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[31:00] | Class stressed me out | 课程真的好重 |
[31:01] | reviewing things I thought I knew, | 复习前我以为自己都会了 |
[31:03] | but then I didn’t, and– | 结果什么都不会 |
[31:05] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[31:07] | Actually good to have some time on my own. | 我自己呆一会也挺好 |
[31:10] | Got myself all figured out. | 想通了很多事 |
[31:13] | Oh, yeah? Do tell. | 是吗 跟我说说 |
[31:19] | Maybe later. | 等会吧 |
[32:01] | All of us are human. | 我们都是人类 |
[32:05] | We all want answers to our questions. | 都想找到问题的答案 |
[32:10] | We want endings to our stories. | 故事的结尾 |
[32:15] | In 2014 alone in the United States of America, | 在美国 仅2014年一年 |
[32:18] | 884 people were killed in hit-and-run accidents. | 就有884人在肇事逃逸中丧生 |
[32:24] | Only one in five of those cases ended in arrest. | 只有五分之一的事故抓住了凶手 |
[32:29] | Only 20% of victims’ families | 只有20%的受害者家庭 |
[32:32] | got the answers they were looking for. | 寻得了他们想找的答案 |
[32:35] | Now, this is just the beginning of our time together, | 这仅是今天的开始 |
[32:37] | but I want to ask something of you. | 我想问大家 |
[32:38] | I want to ask each of you to consider the very real possibility, | 请在座的每位想想这个可能 |
[32:44] | the 80% possibility | 这80%的可能 |
[32:46] | that whomever hit Scott Lockhart that night | 那晚撞上斯考特·洛克哈特 |
[32:50] | and heartlessly kept on driving, | 又无情逃逸的人 |
[32:53] | might not be in this courtroom today. | 今天或许不在法庭内 |
[32:58] | In the coming days and weeks, | 在接下来的几周 |
[32:59] | we are going to learn a great deal | 我们会详细了解到 |
[33:02] | about the troubled life of Scott Lockhart. | 斯考特·洛克哈特坎坷的生活 |
[33:05] | The customers to whom he sold cocaine, | 向他购买可卡因的顾客 |
[33:08] | the suppliers from whom he bought that cocaine, | 向他出售可卡因的毒贩 |
[33:11] | and also about the many, many women | 以及许许多多 |
[33:15] | with which he had– shall we say, brief entanglements. | 与他有过短暂纠葛的女性 |
[33:21] | Scotty’s own brother, Cole, | 斯科蒂的亲兄弟科尔 |
[33:23] | married one of these women at a wedding | 就与其中一位结为连理 |
[33:25] | which took place the very same night that Scotty died. | 就在斯科蒂死的同一天 |
[33:31] | Now, the prosecution will try to convince you | 现在 原告方一定会试图说服你们 |
[33:35] | that this couldn’t possibly have been an accident. | 这不可能是一起意外 |
[33:39] | Well, there were many, many people | 如果是这样 有许多人 |
[33:43] | who had palpable tensions with Scott Lockhart. | 都跟斯考特·洛克哈特关系紧张 |
[33:45] | Many, many people who had motives | 许多许多人都有 |
[33:48] | far more realistic than those assigned to my client. | 比我当事人更可能的动机 |
[33:51] | I want you to just take note of the crowd | 我希望大家能留意一下 |
[33:54] | outside this courtroom today. | 今天法庭外的人群 |
[33:57] | My client is what we call a scapegoat, | 我的当事人其实是替罪羊 |
[34:00] | skewered by a community | 因为不喜欢他对他们的描写 |
[34:02] | who doesn’t like what he wrote about them. | 这个社区的人就对他污蔑抹黑 |
[34:04] | The callous outsider. | 冷酷无情的外乡人 |
[34:05] | The unscrupulous author. | 无良作家 |
[34:07] | This is a man of fiction. | 这是一个虚构的人物 |
[34:10] | Someone easy to point fingers at | 一个能让大家轻易 |
[34:12] | when you’re searching for a villain. | 将所有恶行都指向他的人 |
[34:16] | Yet this character, | 但这个人物 |
[34:19] | bears absolutely no resemblance | 跟我身边坐着的这位 |
[34:22] | to the person sitting next to me, | 完全没有任何相似之处 |
[34:26] | someone who you will come to know | 你们会知道他是一位 |
[34:28] | as a devoted father, committed husband, | 尽职的父亲 忠诚的丈夫 |
[34:33] | a hard-working teacher and writer, | 努力工作的教师和作家 |
[34:35] | and someone who is | 一位无论如何 |
[34:37] | incapable of murder. | 不可能杀人的人 |
[34:41] | And someone who, | 他也是 |
[34:43] | at his very essence, | 从本质来说 |
[34:46] | is a good man. | 一个好人 |
[35:47] | She go back down? | 她睡着了吗 |
[35:48] | Thank God. | 感谢老天 |
[35:51] | Next time it’s you. | 下次换你了 |
[35:53] | She doesn’t want me. | 她不要我 |
[35:54] | She wants her Mama. | 她只要她的妈咪 |
[35:56] | Sleep. | 睡吧 |
[36:29] | You have to invest ATP in the beginning, | 你必须先消耗三磷酸腺苷 |
[36:32] | in order to gain ATP towards the end. | 才能在最后再次生成三磷酸腺苷 |
[36:34] | At Step 7 is where the pay off begins. | 第七步就是转换的开始 |
[36:38] | In this stage, you gain back the two ATPs, | 在这一步 你将得回之前新陈代谢 |
[36:41] | the metabolic energy you spent earlier. | 所消耗的两个三磷酸腺苷 |
[36:44] | The two units of 1,3-bisphosphoglycerate | 我们在第六步获得的两个单位 |
[36:46] | we receive in Step 6, are now converted | 1,3二磷酸甘油酸 如今被转换成了 |
[36:49] | into two units of 3-phosphoglycerate. | 2个单位的磷酸甘油酸 |
[36:52] | This reaction is catalyzed… | 这个反应的催化剂 |
[36:55] | …by phosphoglycerate kinase. | 是磷酸甘油酸激酶 |
[36:57] | For those of you now having mild panic attacks, | 那些已经有点被吓坏的同学们 |
[37:00] | a friendly reminder: | 友情提示 |
[37:01] | because of the switch in our syllabus, | 由于课程提纲的变化 |
[37:03] | neither glycolysis nor enzyme kinetics | 糖酵解和酶动力学 |
[37:05] | will be covered on tomorrow’s midterm. | 都不会出现在明天的期中考试里 |
[37:07] | Yeah! | 太好了 |
[37:09] | Okay, let’s take a five minute break. | 好了 现在我们休息五分钟 |
[37:12] | When we come back we can do some review. | 回来后我们开始复习 |
[37:14] | I know a few of you wanted to go back over protein folding. | 我知道你们有人想再过一遍蛋白质折叠 |
[37:17] | And you can ask any other questions | 其它任何跟考试有关的问题 |
[37:19] | pertaining to the test. | 也可以尽管提出 |
[37:42] | Uh, Andrew? | 安德鲁 |
[37:45] | Hey, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[37:47] | You caught me snacking. | 被你发现我吃零食了 |
[37:50] | Cheddar pop chip? | 芝士薯片要吗 |
[37:50] | Oh, no. No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[37:53] | Um, I was just wondering if you could tell me, | 不知道你能不能告诉我 |
[37:57] | what the last day to drop this class is. | 退课的最后期限是什么时候 |
[38:01] | You’re wanting to drop the class? | 你想退掉这门课吗 |
[38:04] | Well, I’m not sure, but I’m–I’m– | 我还没想好 但我… |
[38:06] | Am I that incomprehensible? | 我讲课这么难懂吗 |
[38:08] | No. | 不是的 |
[38:09] | “Stultifyingly” Dull. | 还是太枯燥无趣 |
[38:10] | No, it’s nothing like that. I just, uh, | 不 不是的 我只是… |
[38:13] | I somehow thought this was gonna be easier, you know? | 这没有我想象中的那么简单 |
[38:15] | I have a one-year-old at home, | 我家里有个一岁小孩 |
[38:16] | and I–I haven’t been sleeping. | 我已经很多天没睡好了 |
[38:18] | You’re Alison Bailey, right? | 你是艾莉森·贝利 对吧 |
[38:20] | You’re my–You’re my continuing ed student. | 你是我的… 继续教育学生 |
[38:23] | Yeah. Yeah, that’s me. | 没错 就是我 |
[38:25] | You’re an RN? | 你是注册护士吗 |
[38:27] | Right. | 没错 |
[38:28] | So a lot of this stuff isn’t new to you. | 那很多东西对你来说都不算新了 |
[38:32] | No, it’s not all that new. | 没错 是不算新 |
[38:33] | It’s just been a long time. | 只是太久了 |
[38:35] | It’s been a really, long time and I– | 已经过了太久 而我… |
[38:38] | Um, I just want to know what the deadline is. | 我只想知道退课的最后期限 |
[38:42] | Tomorrow, actually. The halfway mark. | 就是明天 期中的时候 |
[38:45] | If you withdraw after that, | 如果你在那之后退课 |
[38:46] | you get a W on your transcript, | 就会在成绩单上标示 |
[38:47] | still pay full tuition. | 还得付所有学费 |
[38:51] | Okay, thank you. | 知道了 谢谢 |
[38:51] | Hey, could I ask– | 我能问一下… |
[38:53] | Just one second, buddy. | 稍等一下 伙计 |
[38:54] | Alison? If your plan is to go to med school, | 艾莉森 如果你是想上医学院 |
[38:58] | I really encourage you to continue. | 我强烈建议你坚持下去 |
[39:01] | The longer you wait, the harder it may be to jump back in. | 你等得越久 就越难回到这条路上 |
[39:08] | Sorry, what’s up? | 抱歉 什么问题 |
[39:10] | Had a question about Chapter 4. | 关于第四章我有个问题 |
[39:22] | All right, people. | 好了 各位 |
[39:24] | Tomorrow, 30 questions. | 明天考试 三十道题 |
[39:27] | 20 multiple choice, 10 written, | 二十道选择题 十道简答题 |
[39:29] | no calculators allowed. | 不准用计算器 |
[39:31] | You’ll get periodic tables. | 我会提供元素周期表 |
[39:34] | Please, do not pull an all-nighter for this one, guys. | 求你们了 千万别通宵准备这门考试 |
[39:37] | There’s no need to drown yourself | 真没必要为了我 |
[39:39] | in caffeine for my sake. | 猛灌各种咖啡因 |
[39:41] | If you paid attention in class, | 如果你认真听课 |
[39:43] | and done the work, you’ll do well. | 按时完成作业 就一定能有好成绩 |
[39:47] | It’s that simple. | 就这么简单 |
[39:49] | All right? | 明白了吗 |
[39:52] | Questions? | 有问题吗 |
[39:57] | You in the back. | 后面那位 |
[40:17] | Alison! | 艾莉森 |
[40:19] | Hey, city lady. | 你好啊 都市美女 |
[40:22] | Scotty. | 斯科蒂 |
[40:24] | Man, y–you look friggin’ fantastic. | 你看起来真是太棒了 |
[40:28] | Come here, come on. | 来抱一个 |
[40:32] | Well, I–I don’t, but anyway– | 我看起来糟透了 但不管怎么样… |
[40:35] | Wh–is everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[40:37] | Oh, yeah, yeah. | 当然 |
[40:38] | Everything’s great. Everyone is great. | 一切都好 大家也都挺好 |
[40:41] | I, um, I’ve got a business proposal for you. | 我有个商业提议想跟你谈谈 |
[40:46] | Uh, a–sorry? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[40:47] | How about we go up? | 我们上去谈怎么样 |
[40:48] | Can I come up? | 我能进去坐坐吗 |
[40:50] | Uh, wh–I don’t–my– | 这个 我… |
[40:52] | Well, my daughter might be napping. | 我女儿可能在睡觉 |
[40:54] | – She sometimes goes down early. – No, no, no, that’s– | -有时她睡得挺早的 -没关系 |
[40:55] | That right. That’s–that’s cool. | 我明白 没事的 |
[40:56] | That’s, uh, nice. | 这挺好 |
[40:58] | So, huh. | 这样的话 |
[41:01] | How about stepping into my office, then? | 不如来我办公室谈谈 |
[41:03] | Hmm? Ten minutes. | 怎么样 就十分钟 |
[41:05] | That’s all I need, okay? | 我只要十分钟就好 |
[41:07] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[41:11] | Why are you looking at me like I’m gonna bite you? | 干嘛这样看我 好像我会吃了你似的 |
[41:13] | Come on, it–Ali, it’s me. | 别这样 艾莉 是我 |
[41:15] | Just have a seat. | 来坐下吧 |
[41:24] | Come on, come on. | 来吧 快来 |
[41:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:29] | Okay, you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[41:31] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[41:33] | The Lobster Roll. | 龙虾卷餐厅 |
[41:36] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[41:37] | I want to buy it. With you. | 我想买下它 跟你一起 |
[41:41] | What? | 什么 |
[41:42] | Don’t laugh. | 别笑 |
[41:43] | I– | 我… |
[41:44] | You shouldn’t be laughing. | 你不该笑的 |
[41:47] | What? | 什么 |
[41:50] | Is it even for sale? | 奥斯卡要卖了它吗 |
[41:51] | Yeah, it’s about to be. | 很快就会了 |
[41:52] | I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[41:54] | when the last time you saw the place was, | 你上次去那地方是什么时候 |
[41:55] | but it’s a wreck. | 但如今糟透了 |
[41:57] | Oscar never fixed it up after the hurricane. | 飓风过后 奥斯卡一直没修葺它 |
[42:00] | The awnings are trashed, they’re hanging off it. | 雨篷都烂得快掉下来了 |
[42:03] | I went in for a piece of pie the other day, | 那天我去点了一份派 |
[42:04] | the apple rhubarb. | 苹果大黄派 |
[42:06] | Inedible. | 简直不能吃 |
[42:08] | Oscar’s bankrupt. | 奥斯卡已经破产了 |
[42:10] | He’s–He’s he–he is this close to foreclosure. | 很快这地方就会被银行收去抵押了 |
[42:14] | And he’s already lost the other property. | 他已经失去了其它产业 |
[42:15] | So The Roll’s gonna go back to bank. | 所以银行一定会收回龙虾卷餐厅 |
[42:17] | I’m betting that we can grab it up | 我打赌我们只要用 |
[42:18] | for 1.8, probably even less. | 180万就能买下来 说不定更少 |
[42:20] | Look, I–I–I–I I’ve got an investor for half of it, right? | 我已经找到了一个投资方愿意出一半的钱 |
[42:24] | He’s a Wall Street guy, | 是个华尔街的家伙 |
[42:25] | but he’s a decent guy. | 但人挺不错的 |
[42:27] | You throw in the other half, golden. | 只要你能出另一半 这事就成了 |
[42:34] | You don’t look good to me, Scotty. | 你看起来不太好 斯科蒂 |
[42:36] | Ah, you–you–you worry too much, Ali. | 你担心得太多了 艾莉 |
[42:39] | Come on, you always have. | 你总是这样 |
[42:40] | I’m doing fine. | 我一点事没有 |
[42:42] | I’m fine. Of course, | 我很好 当然了 |
[42:44] | I will be doing much better | 如果能开成我们的夜店 |
[42:47] | when we open our nightclub. | 我就会更好 |
[42:51] | Our nightclub? | 我们的夜店 |
[42:52] | That’s fun, right? | 挺有意思的 不是吗 |
[42:54] | Plus, it’s fucking lucrative. | 再说了 这地方一定稳赚 |
[42:56] | I have all the specs worked out. | 我已经把所有细节都考虑好了 |
[42:59] | You wouldn’t have to do a thing. | 你完全不用操心 |
[43:00] | Just–Just take a look, at least. | 求你了 至少看一眼吧 |
[43:05] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[43:11] | I can’t help you. | 我帮不了你 |
[43:12] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[43:14] | – You got to, actually. – Well, I can’t. | -你一定得帮 -我不能 |
[43:18] | Oh, come on, Scotty, this is– | 够了 斯科蒂 这简直… |
[43:19] | No, you come on! | 不 你才是够了 |
[43:21] | I mean, what the hell, Ali? | 你到底怎么回事 艾莉 |
[43:22] | Look at where you’re living, huh? | 看看你如今住在哪 |
[43:23] | Look at this fucking shiny tower, huh? | 看看这光鲜亮丽的豪宅 |
[43:27] | Don’t tell me that you don’t have the money! | 别跟我说你没钱 |
[43:29] | Well, it isn’t mine. | 那不是我的 |
[43:30] | What, it’s Noah’s? | 怎么 是诺亚的 |
[43:31] | The renowned author, Noah Solloway, huh? | 那个著名作家诺亚·索洛维 是吗 |
[43:35] | Look, first of all, I know you’ve got the cash | 首先 我知道你拿得出这笔钱 |
[43:37] | because I know what you sold your house for. | 因为我知道你房子卖了多少 |
[43:39] | Second of all, whatever money that asshole has, | 其次 无论那混蛋有多少钱 |
[43:42] | whatever massive fucking fortune | 无论他靠那本该死的小说 |
[43:45] | he earned off that book, | 赚了多大一笔钱 |
[43:47] | he fucking owes to our family. | 都是他欠我们家的 |
[43:48] | – Okay, I’m going up. – It’s tragic! Chapter 8, huh? | -我要上去了 -真是悲剧 第八章对吧 |
[43:50] | All that crap about the feud, | 描写的什么狗屁世仇 |
[43:52] | the dealing, you know what? | 贩毒 你知道吗 |
[43:54] | It had consequences. | 那么写是有后果的 |
[43:56] | Yeah, will you stop? | 你能住口吗 |
[43:58] | Every idiot in Montauk | 蒙托克每一个 |
[44:00] | bought and read that piece of shit, | 读了那本破书的蠢货 |
[44:02] | including Officer Skerry. | 包括斯基里警官 |
[44:05] | You remember him, huh, Evan? | 你记得他吗 埃文 |
[44:09] | Evan came down to the fucking dock | 有一天埃文来到码头 |
[44:11] | and he told me that he was done with our arrangement. | 跟我说他要终止我们之间的约定 |
[44:15] | He couldn’t cover me anymore. Game over. | 他不能再罩着我了 一切都结束了 |
[44:18] | So you’re done dealing drugs? | 所以你没法再贩毒了 |
[44:22] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[44:24] | You still taking them? | 那你还吸吗 |
[44:26] | Huh? | 你还吸吗 |
[44:27] | Look, honey, there’s Mama! | 瞧 宝贝 是妈妈 |
[44:40] | – Look who it is. – Hi, sweetheart. | -瞧瞧这是谁 -你好啊宝贝 |
[44:42] | You’re back early. | 你提前回来了 |
[44:44] | Uh, yeah, yeah, I am. | 是啊 没错 |
[44:45] | I, uh, I ran into a friend of mine. | 我碰到了一个朋友 |
[44:48] | Uh, Scotty, this is Gigi. | 斯科蒂 这是琪琪 |
[44:50] | Hi. | 你好 |
[44:52] | Is this your daughter? | 这是你女儿吗 |
[44:54] | Yeah, this is Joanie. | 没错 这是琼妮 |
[44:58] | Hi, Joanie. | 你好啊 琼妮 |
[45:02] | Uh, Gigi, I think– | 琪琪 我想… |
[45:03] | She’s beautiful. | 她真漂亮 |
[45:04] | Oh, isn’t she, though? | 可不是吗 |
[45:05] | Everybody says she looks like Alison, | 大家都说她长得像艾莉森 |
[45:07] | but to me she looks like her daddy. | 但我觉得她更像她爸爸 |
[45:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[45:16] | Yeah, she does to me, too. | 我也这么觉得 |
[45:23] | Yeah, I, uh, I think it’s time to go up, right? | 我想是时候上去了吧 |
[45:25] | – Okay. – Right, right. | -好的 -行 |
[45:26] | I’ll let you, um– | 我就… |
[45:28] | I’ll let you go with her then. | 我就不打扰你陪女儿了 |
[45:33] | …it’s great to see you, Ali. | 跟高兴见到你 艾莉 |
[45:40] | I’m glad I came. | 很高兴我来了 |
[45:49] | Bring her up now, then? | 现在带她上去吗 |
[45:53] | Are we taking her in, then? | 我们要带她进去吗 |
[45:57] | Do you want–do you want to put her down, or– | 你想让我哄她睡觉还是… |
[45:59] | Could you, uh, could you– could you stay | 你能不能再多待一会 |
[46:01] | a little longer than 4:00? | 我知道我们说好是四点 |
[46:04] | Uh, yeah, okay. | 行吧 |
[46:05] | Thank you, that’s– | 谢谢你 真的… |
[47:00] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[47:27] | So, uh, your call. Should we hug or do we– | 你决定 我们是该拥抱呢还是… |
[47:29] | Uh– | 这个… |
[47:32] | – Hi, it’s good to see you. – Yeah. | -真高兴见到你 -是啊 |
[47:33] | You too. | 我也是 |
[47:35] | I got to admit, I was surprised | 说实话 看到你号码 |
[47:36] | when I saw your number come up on my phone. | 出现在手机上 我还是挺惊讶的 |
[47:37] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[47:39] | Jane had told me you moved to Greenpoint. | 简跟我说你搬来了绿点区 |
[47:41] | I wasn’t sure I believed her. | 我都不敢相信 |
[47:43] | And yet, here I am. | 可如今 我还是来了 |
[47:45] | Here you are. | 你还是来了 |
[47:49] | – Hey, Reggie? – Yeah? | -雷吉 -什么事 |
[47:50] | Can we get my friend, Alison, here a drink? | 能帮我朋友艾莉森来杯酒吗 |
[47:51] | Sure, what would you like today, friend Alison? | 没问题 想喝点什么 艾莉森朋友 |
[47:54] | Uh, a Blanton neat, please. | 波兰顿威士忌不加冰 谢谢 |
[47:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[47:59] | Blanton neat. | 那就波兰顿威士忌不加冰 |
[48:00] | And, uh, and some olives too. | 还有 再给我来点橄榄 |
[48:02] | Hmm, addict. | 吃上瘾了你 |
[48:04] | You got to try these things, they’re amazing. | 你一定得试试 太好吃了 |
[48:06] | I don’t know what they put on them, | 我不知道他们放了什么 |
[48:07] | but they are great. | 但真的很好吃 |
[48:08] | It’s, like, crack or something. | 简直跟毒品一样上瘾 |
[48:10] | Seems like you come here a lot. | 看来你经常来这啊 |
[48:12] | Well, yeah, Luisa’s restaurant’s right across the street. | 是啊 路易莎的餐馆就在街对面 |
[48:15] | The one with the brown awnings. | 就是棕色雨篷的那间 |
[48:16] | That’s her restaurant? | 那是她的餐馆 |
[48:18] | Yeah, I mean, it’s not hers, hers. | 没错 我是说 餐馆不是她的 |
[48:20] | She’s the manager, so I come here, hang out, | 但她是那的经理 所以我经常来这打发时间 |
[48:23] | I try not to get in the way. | 尽量不影响她工作 |
[48:26] | She’s off in 15 minutes. You get to meet her. | 她还有15分钟下班 你一会就能见到她 |
[48:29] | Oh, great. | 那太好了 |
[48:33] | So, uh, what have you been doing? | 你最近都做些什么呢 |
[48:36] | You working? | 在上班吗 |
[48:37] | Uh, yeah, in– | 算是吧 我… |
[48:40] | her cousin’s in construction | 她表哥是干建筑的 |
[48:41] | so I’ve been picking up odd jobs with him here and there. | 所以我就跟着他到处接点活干 |
[48:44] | – Oh, really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -没错 |
[48:46] | Well, do you–do you need to be doing that? I mean, | 其实你需要这么做吗 我是说 |
[48:48] | I know you haven’t touched the money from the house. | 我知道你还没动卖屋的钱 |
[48:50] | It’s still sitting in escrow. | 还在银行保管着 |
[48:52] | It’s ’cause it’s your money, Alison. | 因为那是你的钱 艾莉森 |
[48:53] | I don’t want it. | 我不想要 |
[48:54] | Look, I’ve taken mine out. | 我已经把我那份取出来了 |
[48:56] | The rest is yours. | 剩下的都是你的 |
[48:57] | If you leave it there, it’s gonna stay there forever. | 如果你不取 它就一直在那里 |
[48:59] | You know, I actually like this work. | 知道吗 其实我挺喜欢这份工作的 |
[49:02] | Good for me to be working with my hands again. | 我喜欢能再次靠自己双手挣钱的感觉 |
[49:04] | And I’m picking up some Spanish. | 我还学了点西班牙语 |
[49:05] | Oh, yeah? | 真的吗 |
[49:06] | Turns out I’m not too bad at it. | 发现我还学得挺快的 |
[49:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[49:10] | Say something. | 说两句听听 |
[49:12] | – In Spanish? – Mm-hmm. | -用西班牙语吗 -没错 |
[49:14] | Okay, uh… | 好吧… |
[49:20] | Me voy a casar. | [西班牙语] |
[49:23] | Nice. Uh, and that means? | 真不错 是什么意思 |
[49:27] | It means I’m getting married. | 意思是我要结婚了 |
[49:31] | Oh, God, wow. | 天哪 真的吗 |
[49:32] | – Cole, that’s– – Yeah. | -科尔 这真是 -是啊 |
[49:34] | Yeah, I mean, I know it’s fast, but– | 我知道可能有点太快了 但… |
[49:35] | No. No, no, it’s great. | 不 这真的很棒 |
[49:38] | It’s–It’s wonderful. | 真的太好了 |
[49:44] | Thanks, Ali. | 谢谢 艾莉 |
[49:49] | You look happy. | 你看起来很快乐 |
[49:53] | Yeah, I am. | 没错 我是的 |
[49:55] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[49:56] | I really am. How you doing? | 我真的很开心 你怎么样 |
[49:59] | Me? Uh, yeah, well, I mean, I’m good. | 我吗 我挺好的 |
[50:01] | I’m–well, I’m–I’m– I’m busy, you know? | 我… 我挺忙的 |
[50:05] | Yeah, yeah, sure. | 那是当然 |
[50:06] | I mean, with the kid, it must be… | 你们刚有了小孩 肯定… |
[50:07] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[50:13] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[50:16] | Yeah, she’s– | 她… |
[50:19] | she’s great. | 她很好 |
[50:25] | Hmm, that’s good to hear. | 是吗 那就好 |
[50:29] | She’s got to be getting old now. | 她一定挺大的了吧 |
[50:31] | Yeah, yeah, she’s almost a year. | 是啊 快一岁了 |
[50:33] | Oh. | 是吗 |
[50:36] | Blanton neat for you. | 你的波兰顿不加冰 |
[50:38] | Thank you, that’s– | 谢谢你 这真是… |
[50:40] | – And your daily fix, sir. – Thank you. | -还有你的每日必点 -谢谢 |
[50:43] | Anything else? | 还需要什么吗 |
[50:44] | Uh, no, no, I’m fine. I just– | 我不用了 谢谢 |
[50:46] | We’re good, Reg. | 不用了 雷吉 |
[50:47] | All right, I’ll be here. | 行 有需要随时叫我 |
[50:49] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[51:04] | Mmm, you’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[51:05] | That’s a–That’s a good olive. | 这橄榄确实挺好吃 |
[51:06] | Right? | 是吧 |
[51:10] | So… | 说吧… |
[51:13] | What did you want to see me about? | 你找我有什么事 |
[51:24] | I, um– | 我… |
[51:29] | You okay? Is everything all right? | 你没事吧 一切还好吗 |
[51:31] | Did something bad happen? | 遇到什么麻烦了吗 |
[51:40] | I saw Scotty this morning. | 我今早见到斯科蒂了 |
[51:44] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[51:45] | Yeah, he was waiting outside my apartment. | 没错 他在我公寓门外守着 |
[51:46] | He didn’t look so good, Cole. | 他看起来很糟糕 科尔 |
[51:47] | He– | 他… |
[51:49] | Is that it? | 就这事吗 |
[51:50] | That’s all you want to tell me? | 你就想告诉我这个 |
[51:52] | Yeah. Yeah, well, he–he– I mean, he didn’t look well. | 没错 他看起来很糟糕 |
[51:55] | He was–He was strung out, like, almost manic, | 他看起来很崩溃 跟个疯子一样 |
[51:58] | and he had some plan about buying The Lobster Roll, | 还说他有个什么收购龙虾卷餐厅的计划 |
[52:00] | and wanted me to go in with him. | 想要我投资 |
[52:01] | That’s been his plan for a while now. | 他忙活这计划有一阵子了 |
[52:03] | Well, I don’t know if he’s using, but– | 我不知道他是不是还在吸毒 但… |
[52:04] | I’m sure that he is. | 我肯定他还在吸 |
[52:07] | And you–you don’t care? | 而你… 不担心吗 |
[52:09] | No, I do not care. Not anymore. | 不 我不再担心了 |
[52:11] | I can’t tell you how fucking good it feels | 你无法想象如今我有多庆幸 |
[52:13] | to stop having to care about my family and their | 再也不用担心我的家人 |
[52:17] | spectacular dysfunction all the time, | 和他们那些无时无刻的出格行为 |
[52:21] | to worry about me and my life for a little while. | 而是关心我自己和我的人生 |
[52:24] | So Scotty can snort his life away for all I care. | 所以斯科蒂就算吸死了我也不在乎 |
[52:26] | And he can buy The Lobster Roll, | 他想买下龙虾卷餐厅也好 |
[52:28] | he can build that heinous monstrosity of a nightclub | 他想建那个罪恶的夜店也好 |
[52:31] | and really do whatever the fuck he wants. | 他想做什么都行 |
[52:34] | I mean, it’s not like he’s gonna get that money anyway. | 不过我想他也筹不到那个钱 |
[52:36] | Or that The Lobster Roll is even for sale. | 或者龙虾卷餐厅是不是真的会出售 |
[52:39] | Well, no, it’s– it’s in foreclosure. | 不 它已经被抵押给银行了 |
[52:42] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[52:43] | Or it’s about to be, I mean, that’s what he said. | 要不就是快了 他是这么说的 |
[52:45] | He said it–it– he said it’s closing. | 他说那里要关门了 |
[52:50] | God, I hated hearing that. | 老天 我真不愿意听到这个 |
[52:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[52:59] | You remember your birthday when we went there? | 还记得有次你生日时我们去那吗 |
[53:01] | – It was late, like, – Oh. | -当时很晚了 -是啊 |
[53:02] | I don’t know, 3:00 in the morning. | 好像是凌晨三点 |
[53:04] | – Mm-hmm, yeah. – We were all completely stoned out of our trees. | -没错 -当时我们都喝得烂醉 |
[53:07] | Which birthday was that? | 是哪一年生日来着 |
[53:08] | That was my 16th. | 是我16岁生日 |
[53:09] | That’s right, your Sweet 16. | 是了 你的16岁生日 |
[53:11] | How did we get in? Did we break in? | 我们是怎么进去的 撬门吗 |
[53:13] | No, I had keys. I used to open… | 不 我有钥匙 以前周日… |
[53:14] | – …on Sunday mornings. – Yeah, that’s right. | -都是我开门的 -是了 没错 |
[53:16] | That’s right, and we go in, | 就是这样 我们进去后 |
[53:17] | and you pull out that huge vat of ice cream. | 你拿了好大一桶雪糕出来 |
[53:20] | And then Scotty burnt his hand. | 斯科蒂的手还烧伤了 |
[53:21] | What? | 什么 |
[53:22] | Oh, yeah, Scotty burnt the shit out of his hand… | 没错 斯科蒂把自己手烧伤了 |
[53:24] | – …in the fryer. – Oh, oh, my God. | -炸东西的时候 -是吗 老天 |
[53:26] | I’d completely forgotten that. | 我完全都忘了 |
[53:30] | Ah, shit. | 天哪 |
[53:34] | That used to be a great place. | 那地方以前真挺好的 |
[53:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[53:40] | Hey, you’re done. | 你下班了 |
[53:45] | Alison? | 艾莉森 |
[53:46] | Hi, Luisa, hi. | 你好 路易莎 |
[53:49] | – How are you? – Uh, yeah, I’m good. | -你好吗 -我挺好的 |
[53:51] | – So how was work? – You know, it was good. | -今天上班怎么样 -挺好的 |
[53:53] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -没错 |
[53:55] | Oh, uh, congratulations. | 对了 祝贺你们 |
[53:57] | Cole told me about the engagement. | 科尔跟我说了你俩订婚的事 |
[53:58] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[54:01] | I’m really happy for you and him. | 我真为你们两个开心 |
[54:04] | Yeah, it’s kind of surprising, huh? | 我知道 有点惊讶吧 |
[54:06] | Cole Lockhart living in the city. | 科尔·洛克哈特在纽约住了下来 |
[54:08] | Kind of surprising? | 只是有点惊讶吗 |
[54:11] | This is good for him. | 这对他挺好的 |
[54:14] | You know, a new start. | 一个全新的开始 |
[54:19] | Yeah, uh, well, I–I– | 是啊 我… |
[54:21] | I better be going. | 我该走了 |
[54:23] | My, uh, you know, sitter’s, like, waiting. | 我的保姆还在等着呢 |
[54:25] | – Right. – Uh, let me just… | -好吧 -让我… |
[54:26] | …get some money for this. | 先付了酒钱 |
[54:27] | No, no, don’t worry. I got it. | 不用了 我来 |
[54:28] | Cole, come on, please, I just– | 别这样 科尔 我… |
[54:30] | Alison, | 艾莉森 |
[54:32] | I got it. | 我来吧 |
[54:35] | Okay, thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[54:38] | Well, it was nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[54:40] | Nice to meet you too. | 我也是 |
[54:42] | Bye. | 再见 |
[55:07] | I’m ahead of you. | 我领先你了 |
[55:08] | Hey, guys. | 你们好啊 |
[55:11] | What are you doing? | 在干什么呢 |
[55:12] | We’re skiing. Want a turn? | 我们在滑雪 想来一局吗 |
[55:14] | No, I’m okay. | 不用了 你们玩吧 |
[55:16] | Keep warm, though. | 注意别着凉了 |
[55:18] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[55:19] | No, let me take that. | 还是把那个给我吧 |
[55:22] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[55:23] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[55:27] | Good girl. | 真乖 |
[55:29] | – Oh, hi. – Hey. | -你们在这呢 -你回来了 |
[55:31] | Hey, you cooked. | 你做饭了 |
[55:34] | Where the hell were you? | 你到底去哪里了 |
[55:35] | You missed therapy. | 你错过了伴侣咨询 |
[55:36] | I know, I’m sorry. Hey, sweetie. | 我知道 抱歉 宝贝好啊 |
[55:39] | How are you? | 你今天怎么样 |
[55:43] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[55:44] | I completely screwed up. | 我完全忘了 |
[55:45] | I went to class, and then I– | 我去上课 然后… |
[55:48] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[55:49] | I figured you weren’t coming, | 我猜你也不会来了 |
[55:50] | so I left and went to a movie. | 就去看了场电影 |
[55:52] | What movie? | 什么电影 |
[55:53] | Captain America. | 《美国队长》 |
[55:57] | Listen, I’ve been thinking maybe we should quit therapy. | 听着 我在想我们是不是可以不用去咨询了 |
[56:00] | You want to stop? | 你不想去了 |
[56:02] | Don’t you? | 你不这么认为吗 |
[56:04] | We’ve kind of run out of things to talk about. | 感觉我们已经没什么好说的了 |
[56:08] | Aren’t we all happy again? | 如今我们不是挺开心的吗 |
[56:13] | Yeah, we are. | 没错 我们是的 |
[56:21] | Come on, let’s eat. | 来吧 吃饭了 |
[56:51] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[56:52] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[56:54] | I love you, I love you. | 我爱你 我爱你 |
[56:55] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[57:02] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[57:08] | Dada. | 爸比 |
[57:11] | Was that her? | 是她吗 |
[57:12] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[57:13] | Dada. | 爸比 |
[57:15] | What’d she say? | 她刚说什么 |
[57:19] | Dada. | 爸比 |
[57:27] | Go, go. | 去吧 去吧 |
[57:39] | Dada. | 爸比 |
[57:40] | Yes, where’s my Joanie? | 来了 我的琼妮在哪呢 |
[57:43] | – Dada. – Did you say Dada? | -爸比 -你刚才叫爸比吗 |
[57:56] | We’re back in two minutes, | 两分钟后开庭 |
[57:58] | and this just came back from the lab. | 这是实验室刚出来的结果 |
[57:59] | Reed drove it out here. | 里德开车送来的 |
[58:00] | Open it. | 快打开 |
[58:20] | My, oh, my, oh, my. | 我的老天啊 |