时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | Mr. Solloway, you, uh, got a second? | 索洛维先生 你有空吗 |
[00:38] | – What’s up? – I was, um, wondering if you | -什么事 -我在想 你能不能 |
[00:40] | could take a look at this other thing I’ve been working on. | 帮我看下我在写的其他东西 |
[00:42] | You reapplying to Princeton? | 你要重新申请普林斯顿大学 |
[00:44] | Maybe. I don’t… I don’t know. | 是的 也许吧 我也说不清 |
[00:45] | Mr. Solloway, Principal Wilson’s on the phone | 索洛维先生 威尔逊校长正在通话中 |
[00:47] | with the president of the board. You shouldn’t– | 她正在跟董事长通话 您不该 |
[00:49] | – Are you firing me? – What-what’s going on? | -你要炒我鱿鱼 -怎么回事 |
[00:51] | – Why are you here? – I thought you should read this. | -你在这作甚 -我想让你看看这个 |
[00:53] | Don’t tell him I gave it to you. | 别告诉他我把这给了你 |
[00:55] | – I owe you an apology. – No, no, I-I barged in. | -我该说声抱歉 -不 是我鲁莽 |
[00:58] | – So, you still my boss? – I’m on probation. | -你还是我的上司不 -还留待查看 |
[01:01] | Next week, I have to supplicate to the board. | 下周 我得去向校董会求情 |
[01:04] | Thank you for this. | 谢谢你这么做 |
[01:06] | I’ll read it over and figure out what to do. | 我再仔细阅读一遍 然后想想下一步 |
[01:08] | I’m happy to brainstorm with you. | 与你一起头脑风暴我乐意至极 |
[01:12] | Forgot my history book. | 我忘记拿我的历史书了 |
[01:14] | I got my quiz tomorrow, and… | 我明天就要测验了 而且 |
[01:16] | – Mom? – We were just, um, | -老妈 -我们正在 |
[01:18] | discussing your Princeton essay. | 讨论你关于普林斯顿大学的论文 |
[01:19] | – You showed her? – Princeton? Again? | -你给她看了 -普林斯顿 又来 |
[01:21] | He wants to go to the school. | 他想去那个大学 |
[01:22] | We made a decision. | 我们都做了决定 |
[01:23] | Just read the damn thing! | 你就看看这篇论文吧 |
[01:25] | Nellie, let’s just admit what this is actually about. | 内莉 你就承认这究竟是怎么回事吧 |
[01:28] | You were never gonna let him stay here for school. | 你绝对不会让他这里留在这里上学的 |
[01:30] | No one drives all the way across the country | 没人会驱车横跨整个国家 |
[01:33] | just to see about a surfboard. | 只为调查冲浪板 |
[01:35] | Truth is I’m in love with somebody else. | 而事实是我对其他人念念不忘 |
[01:37] | I’m gonna tell her how I feel. So I’m going home. | 我要告诉她我的感受 所以我要回家 |
[01:40] | I’m so glad that you guys moved in here. | 你们搬来真是太让我开心了 |
[01:42] | The last people had a very stagnant energy. | 上一户人家真的超冷淡 |
[01:44] | But you… your being is, like… | 但是你 你的气质就好像 |
[01:46] | it’s a little… | 有点儿 |
[01:49] | – It is? – Yeah, I don’t know. I-I guess we’ll find out. | -真的吗 -我也说不好 走着瞧呗 |
[01:53] | I’m going to die. | 我就快要死了 |
[01:55] | And I haven’t really made a single choice for myself. | 而我从没为我自己做过任何选择 |
[02:01] | I am going to Joshua Tree. | 我要去约书亚树国家公园 |
[02:03] | We go out there a couple times a year to do a moon circle. | 我们每年都会去那几次 做月下疗伤 |
[02:05] | – Do you want to come? – I totally, totally don’t. | -一起来吗 -完全不想 |
[02:07] | – Oh, okay. – Okay? | -好吧 -行吗 |
[02:09] | Cool. | 好的 |
[02:10] | I have pancreatic cancer. | 我有胰腺癌 |
[02:12] | I am going to die. | 我就要死了 |
[02:13] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我干嘛 |
[02:14] | I told you, I want to have a baby. | 我跟你说过 我想要个孩子 |
[02:16] | If you really want to do something for me, you can do that. | 如果你真的想为我做点什么 就是这个了 |
[03:38] | 第一话 海伦 | |
[03:52] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[03:53] | Do you know where I can find rolled oats? | 请问燕麦片在哪里找 |
[03:55] | Aisle four, beside the granola. | 第四道 在格兰诺拉麦片边上 |
[03:57] | – Excuse me, can you– – Are you making overnight oats? | -打扰 请问 -你要做隔夜麦片吗 |
[03:59] | No. What are overnight oats? | 没啊 什么是隔夜麦片 |
[04:01] | My sister turned me on to them. | 我姐姐让我疯狂的爱上了这个 |
[04:02] | If you’re like me, | 如果你跟我一样 |
[04:03] | a total wreck in the morning, | 早上根本起不来 |
[04:05] | it’ll save your life. | 这个简直是大救星 |
[04:07] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -不骗你 |
[04:08] | It’s only like five ingredients. | 只要五种食材 |
[04:09] | – Okay. – Rolled oats, almond milk, | -请讲 -燕麦片 杏仁乳 |
[04:11] | chia seed, peanut butter… | 奇亚籽 花生酱 |
[04:14] | Oh, shit. | 我去 |
[04:15] | Chia seed, peanut butter, | 奇亚籽 花生酱 |
[04:17] | almond milk… maple syrup! | 杏仁乳 还有枫糖浆 |
[04:19] | And you need a mason jar. | 你需要一个梅森玻璃罐 |
[04:20] | Do you have one? | 你有吗 |
[04:21] | One with a really good top? | 那种盖子超赞的 |
[04:22] | – I think so. – Excuse me. Could you please tell me | -有吧 -打扰了 请问可不可以告诉我 |
[04:24] | where to find the Medjool dates? | 椰枣在哪里 |
[04:28] | Oh. Sorry, sweetheart. What do you need? | 抱歉 亲爱的 你需要什么 |
[04:32] | Medjool dates. | 椰枣 |
[04:34] | I can’t find them anywhere. | 我怎么都找不到 |
[04:36] | Sure, sure. Aisle seven. | 当然 我很抱歉 在第七道 |
[04:40] | So, the key is to mix everything together– | 打造完美口味的关键就在于 |
[04:42] | And can you tell me where the pregnancy tests are, please? | 也请告诉我验孕棒在哪边 好吗 |
[04:46] | Aisle two. | 第二道 |
[05:20] | Mom, why are you taking so many pills? | 妈妈 你为什么吃那么多药片 |
[05:23] | Um, they’re vitamins, and they’re for Vik. | 这是维他命片 为维克准备的 |
[05:25] | I thought, if I organized them, he might actually take them. | 我想着要是我放的整齐些 他也许会记得吃 |
[05:30] | They’re cancer vitamins? | 是癌症病人吃的那种维他命吗 |
[05:33] | I love that song. Turn it up. | 好歌 音量大一点 |
[05:38] | Actually, why don’t you turn it off? | 说真的 你能不能关掉 |
[05:41] | All right, you guys, come on. | 好了 大家 |
[05:41] | Backpacks, lunches, homework. Let’s go. | 带上书包 午餐还有作业 该出发了 |
[05:45] | – Let’s go. – Hold on. | -动起来 -等下 |
[05:47] | – No. Come on. – I’m going. | -快一点啦 -我努力了 |
[05:49] | – You’re not going. – Yes, I am! | -你都没挪 -我有 |
[06:01] | Can I talk to you? | 我们说两句 |
[06:03] | What’s up? | 怎么 |
[06:05] | I took a pregnancy test this morning. | 我早上验了个孕 |
[06:09] | Why would you do that? | 你怎么想到做这个 |
[06:11] | Because I’m late. | 我经期推迟了 |
[06:13] | We were just at the doctor. You’re not pregnant. | 我们才去的医生那儿 你没怀孕 |
[06:15] | Yeah, I… well, I know that now. I– | 是的 我现在知道了 我 |
[06:17] | Didn’t you hear anything that Dr. Roper said? | 你都没听洛普医生说的什么吗 |
[06:19] | Yeah. | 说的什么 |
[06:21] | You’re entering menopause, Helen. | 你都进更年期了 海伦 |
[06:24] | That’s why your period is late. | 这才是为什么你的月经推迟了 |
[06:29] | You know, things can happen. | 万事都有可能嘛 |
[06:31] | It’s not impossible. | 这不是不可能的 |
[06:33] | Janet Jackson was older than me. | 珍妮·杰克逊比我岁数还大 |
[06:38] | Don’t you think I’m too young to be in menopause? | 你不觉得我现在就更年期太早了吗 |
[06:42] | Don’t you think I’m too young to die? | 你不觉得我现在死太早了吗 |
[06:48] | Vik, wait. | 等等 维克 |
[06:49] | Kids, let’s go! | 孩子们 出发了 |
[06:53] | I’ll make sure he takes them, Mom. | 我会确保他都吃了的 妈妈 |
[06:56] | Thanks, baby. | 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[06:57] | Bye. | 再见 |
[07:32] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[07:33] | Oh, my God, you scared me. | 老天 你吓到我了 |
[07:38] | You want some? | 吸一口吗 |
[07:41] | Yeah. Sure. | 好啊 |
[07:47] | I know you hate California. | 我知道你不喜欢加利福尼亚 |
[07:49] | You have to admit, we have better weed. | 但你得承认 我们的大麻更好 |
[07:52] | When did I say I hated California? | 我什么时候说不喜欢加利福尼亚了 |
[07:54] | I can just tell. | 我看得出来 |
[07:55] | You’re one of those East Coast snobs | 你是东海岸的高等人 |
[07:58] | who just loves to act like you’re in exile out here. | 喜欢装作被流放到这里一样 |
[08:04] | Oh, no. Where is that cookbook your mother wrote? | 不 你妈妈写的那本食谱在哪 |
[08:08] | It’s in there. | 就在那儿 |
[08:09] | Yeah, but which one? | 我知道 具体哪本 |
[08:09] | See, the thing that you transplants don’t understand | 你们这种迁徙者不明白 |
[08:12] | is that California is actually the cradle of civilization. | 其实加利福尼亚才是文明的摇篮 |
[08:16] | Uh, actually, I think that’s somewhere in the Middle East. | 我觉得应该在中东 |
[08:19] | Yeah, if you’re talking about patriarchal society. | 如果你说的是父系社会的话 |
[08:23] | I’m talking about matriarchal society. | 而我说的是母系社会 |
[08:25] | And you think that started here? | 你觉得发祥地在这儿 |
[08:27] | Not right here. | 不是刚在就在这地方 |
[08:29] | About 150 miles east, in Joshua Tree. | 往东24公里 在约书亚树国家公园 |
[08:31] | Sierra? | 谢拉 |
[08:34] | You know nothing you’re saying is true, right? | 你知道自己在说胡话吧 |
[08:39] | Such a cynic. | 你太厌世了 |
[08:44] | I win. | 我赢了 |
[08:45] | Oh, wait. | 啊呀 等一下 |
[08:46] | No, I don’t. | 没有 我输了 |
[08:48] | You know, I wouldn’t have figured you | 你知道吗 我还真没想到你 |
[08:49] | for a solitaire type of girl. | 是个会玩单人纸牌的姑娘 |
[08:51] | My mom taught me when I was a kid | 我很小的时候我妈教我的 |
[08:53] | so that I could keep myself entertained when she was on set. | 这样在她忙的时候我就能一个人玩去了 |
[08:56] | I didn’t really have many friends my own age. | 我没有多少同龄朋友 |
[09:00] | That’s why I’m such an old soul. | 所以我的内心才如此衰老 |
[09:03] | No, you’re not an old anything. | 不 你一点也不老 |
[09:06] | Helen, I’m gonna be 30 next year. | 海伦 我明年就30岁了 |
[09:10] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[09:12] | Thirty is almost, like, 50 in actor years. | 三十岁对于演员来说就像是五十岁 |
[09:16] | Well, I’m almost, like, 50 in people years. | 可我就要迈入真正的五十岁大关了 |
[09:19] | Yeah, but you’re still really fuckable. | 是的 可你仍然很”可干” |
[09:21] | I’m never gonna be that fuckable when I’m your age. | 我到了那个年纪肯定没你那么”可干” |
[09:25] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[09:27] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[09:28] | Alexa, what time is it? | 亚莉克莎 几点了 |
[09:30] | The time is 11:04 A.M. | 上午十一点零四 |
[09:32] | Oh, shit. I gotta get an Uber. | 该死 我得叫辆车 |
[09:34] | Where you going? | 你要去哪 |
[09:37] | To Joshua Tree. | 约书亚树国家公园 |
[09:38] | To my women’s moon circle. | 做我的女性月下疗伤 |
[09:39] | I invited you, remember? | 我邀请过你 记得吗 |
[09:41] | You kind of spat in my face. | 你当面回绝了我 |
[09:43] | Yeah, I’m sorry about that. | 是啊 真抱歉 |
[09:46] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[09:47] | It’s too bad, though. | 不过确实很糟糕 |
[09:50] | I mean, I just had this intuition | 我的直觉告诉我 |
[09:51] | that you really needed some guidance, but… | 你真的需要一些指导 不过… |
[10:00] | 我今晚要加班 你忘了给史黛丝的校外旅行考察弃权书签字 还有你的车没油了 | |
[10:09] | What is a moon circle, exactly? | 月下疗伤究竟是什么 |
[10:12] | New moons represent beginnings. | 新月代表着开始 |
[10:14] | It’s a time for planting seeds and setting intentions, | 是播种与设定目标的时候 |
[10:18] | and then committing to behaviors to help us manifest them. | 然后付诸行动来帮助我们实现目标 |
[10:23] | And I’m really looking forward to this one, | 我非常期待这一次 |
[10:25] | because Gaelle is going to be there. | 因为盖尔会去 |
[10:27] | Who’s Gaelle? | 盖尔是谁 |
[10:28] | She’s my guru. | 她是我的导师 |
[10:29] | She’s a healer. | 她是个医治者 |
[10:31] | She’s a true gift. | 她真是个天才 |
[10:33] | I mean, my work with her has been so transformative, | 我跟随她进行治疗对我的转变很大 |
[10:35] | I don’t even see my therapist anymore. | 我都不用去看治疗师 |
[10:42] | Fuck it. | 去他妈的 |
[10:46] | I’ll go. | 我去 |
[10:48] | – For real? – For real. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[10:51] | Oh, my God. Awesome. | 天啊 太好了 |
[10:55] | You sure Vik won’t mind us borrowing his car? | 你确定维克不介意我们用他的车吗 |
[10:57] | Um, he might, but I don’t particularly care at the moment. | 也许会介意吧 不过我现在不是特别在乎 |
[11:03] | What kind of music do you like? | 你喜欢什么类型的音乐 |
[11:05] | Oh, I think probably nothing that you would like. | 我喜欢的类型你应该不会喜欢 |
[11:08] | Try me. | 说说看 |
[11:10] | Uh, I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[11:11] | I like rock music. I like some folk music. | 我喜欢摇滚乐 我喜欢一些民谣 |
[11:14] | Patti Smith? | 帕蒂·史密斯 |
[11:15] | Uh, sure. | 当然 |
[11:18] | She’s my favorite when I’m super depressed. | 我极度沮丧的时候最喜欢听她的歌 |
[11:21] | Probably listened to this album | 上个礼拜这张专辑 |
[11:22] | like 500 times in the past week. | 我差不多听了500遍 |
[11:24] | Why were you super depressed? | 你为什么会极度沮丧呢 |
[11:29] | I fucked a married man. | 我和一个有妇之夫睡了 |
[11:33] | I’m really annoyed with myself because I’ve done it before, | 我很生自己的气因为我以前也做过这样的事 |
[11:37] | and it never ends well for me. | 而且从来都没有好下场 |
[11:40] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[11:42] | And I even know his wife, | 我甚至还认识他的妻子 |
[11:44] | and I… | 我还… |
[11:46] | I really like his wife, so… | 我真的很喜欢他的妻子 所以… |
[11:49] | it was a stupid thing to do. | 那么做真是太愚蠢了 |
[11:51] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么要那么做呢 |
[11:52] | My mom broke up like two marriages, | 我妈妈的两段婚姻都失败了 |
[11:54] | so I guess I just always thought that’s how you vet a man, | 所以我可能总是认为就该这样判断一个男人 |
[11:58] | like how you know if he’s stable or not. | 比如说如何去了解他是否可靠 |
[12:00] | You mean, if he’s married to someone else? | 你是说 他有没有结婚 |
[12:03] | Yeah, like, that’s how you can tell | 是的 这样就能够判断 |
[12:04] | if he’s serious about commitment. | 他对待承诺是否认真 |
[12:06] | That’s what my mom always said. | 我妈妈总是这么说 |
[12:08] | You’re gonna think I’m full of it, | 你会认为我就是在说胡话 |
[12:10] | but I wish I had your life. | 不过我倒希望过你那样的生活 |
[12:15] | No, you don’t. | 不 不会的 |
[12:17] | No, I’m serious. | 不 我是认真的 |
[12:18] | I would so much rather be you. | 我宁愿成为你 |
[12:21] | I mean, look at my life. | 看看我的生活 |
[12:23] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[12:24] | Literally, the only currency that I have | 严格来说 我现在唯一的资本 |
[12:27] | is my youth | 就是年轻 |
[12:29] | or my sex or whatever. | 或者说我的身体什么的 |
[12:33] | But you… | 可你… |
[12:36] | you, like, have it all. | 你 真是什么都有 |
[12:39] | No, you’re… | 不 你… |
[12:42] | You’re, like, this smart, beautiful, | 你是一个这么聪明 漂亮 |
[12:45] | sophisticated woman. | 老练的女人 |
[12:46] | You’ve made all the right choices. | 你做的一切决定都是正确的 |
[12:48] | You have… | 你有… |
[12:50] | I mean, you don’t have men | 我是说 没有哪个男人 |
[12:51] | chewing you up and spitting you out. | 能让你遍体鳞伤 |
[12:53] | You have a family and Vik and… | 你有家庭 有维克还有… |
[12:56] | I mean, you have a whole world that needs you. | 有那么多的人都需要你 |
[12:59] | Like, literally couldn’t live without you. | 他们离开你就真的无法生活下去 |
[13:03] | How do I get that? | 我怎么才能拥有这一切 |
[13:20] | See? | 看吧 |
[13:23] | Told you. | 跟你说了 |
[13:24] | Pretty great, right? | 非常棒 对不对 |
[13:28] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[13:33] | We’re gonna miss the Blessing of the Eagle Feather. | 我们要错过老鹰羽毛的祝福了 |
[13:41] | I want you all to take a big, deep breath. | 所有人都深吸一口气 |
[13:47] | We’ve made it to the new moon in tropical Libra. | 现在已经到了黄道天秤座新月 |
[13:51] | We call upon this new moon, our cosmic mother… | 我们呼唤这个新月 我们的宇宙母亲… |
[13:53] | That’s Gaelle? | 那是盖尔吗 |
[13:55] | Yeah. Isn’t she wonderful? | 是的 她很棒吧 |
[13:56] | You said she was a guru. | 你说她是个导师 |
[13:58] | – She is. – Join us… | -是的 -加入我们… |
[13:59] | She’s a teenager. | 她才十几岁 |
[14:00] | Well, she was an Incan princess in a past life. | 她前世是位印加公主 |
[14:03] | Help us uncover our first selves… | 帮助我们发现最初的自我… |
[14:05] | I don’t care if you don’t believe me. It’s true. | 你不相信我也没关系 这是真的 |
[14:09] | We call upon fire… | 我们呼唤火焰… |
[14:11] | Is she even allowed to wear that thing? | 她可以戴那种东西吗 |
[14:14] | – What do you mean? – I mean, | -你什么意思 -我的意思是 |
[14:15] | it’s kind of politically incorrect. | 有点政治不正确 |
[14:17] | I mean, how many birds had to die to make– | 要杀死多少鸟才能… |
[14:19] | Okay, Helen. Shh. | 好了 海伦 别出声 |
[14:20] | Let its great power transmute our negative, | 让它的巨大力量改变我们的消极 |
[14:24] | lower energies. | 与低层能量 |
[14:27] | And help us move forward into positivity and light. | 并帮助我们走向积极与光明 |
[14:34] | For people whose chakras are particularly blocked, | 对于那些脉轮特别堵塞的人 |
[14:37] | the sage is very powerful. | 鼠尾草非常管用 |
[14:39] | I’m allergic to sage. | 我对鼠尾草过敏 |
[14:41] | It’s… | 那… |
[14:43] | It’s Helen, right? | 你叫海伦 对吗 |
[14:46] | You’re lucky the universe chose to partner you with Sierra here. | 你很幸运 宇宙选择了你与谢拉来到这里 |
[14:51] | I’ve rarely met a sister whose sacral chakra is more aligned. | 我从没见过哪个姐妹的本我轮如此均衡 |
[15:23] | Get a yurt! | 去找个帐篷吧 |
[15:32] | Thank you for holding space. | 感谢你占据了空间 |
[15:35] | Thank you for receiving light. | 感谢你接受了光明 |
[15:52] | Oh, my God, I hate having to wear clothes all the time. Don’t you? | 我的天 我讨厌一直穿着衣服 你呢 |
[15:58] | That’s what I love about being out here. | 所以我才喜欢待在这里 |
[16:01] | There’s not a man in sight. | 这里一个男人都没有 |
[16:02] | It’s so liberating. | 真是太自由了 |
[16:07] | So, what’s the, um… | 所以 究竟… |
[16:08] | What’s on the, uh… | 到底… |
[16:09] | What are we doing tonight? | 我们今晚要做什么 |
[16:12] | Well, I don’t know exactly. | 我也不知道 |
[16:14] | Um, with Gaelle, anything could happen, | 和盖尔在一起 什么事都可能发生 |
[16:17] | but we usually have a banquet, | 不过我们通常有个宴会 |
[16:20] | and then we do the moon circle. | 然后做月下治疗 |
[16:22] | Cool. | 真棒 |
[16:25] | This… | 这… |
[16:27] | is for you to wear to dinner. | 是给你穿去晚宴的 |
[16:30] | Oh, uh, do I have to? | 我必须要穿吗 |
[16:33] | Well, no, you don’t have to, | 不 不一定非要穿 |
[16:35] | but I don’t know how you expect to have | 但我不知道 |
[16:37] | a transformative experience | 你要是根本不想参与 |
[16:39] | if you don’t at least try to participate. | 要怎么获得超脱的体验呢 |
[16:44] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[16:46] | That’s the dinner gong. | 那是宴会的锣声 |
[16:47] | Gaelle loves that thing. | 盖尔很喜欢那种声音 |
[16:49] | So, um… | 那… |
[16:52] | what’s up with the make-out sesh with you and Gaelle? | 你和盖尔之间的亲热是怎么回事 |
[16:57] | Yeah, there’s a little more to that story | 比我说的有更多隐情 |
[16:59] | than I initially let on. | 更深入了 |
[17:00] | Is she your girlfriend? | 她是你的女友吗 |
[17:01] | No. No, I mean, she’s not… not now. | 不 不是 她现在不是 |
[17:05] | She was, briefly, for like a second. | 她曾经是我女友 那段关系非常短暂 |
[17:08] | So you’re bi? | 所以你是双性恋吗 |
[17:10] | I don’t like labels. | 我不喜欢标签 |
[17:12] | Well, no, of course you don’t. | 嗯 你当然不会喜欢 |
[17:17] | Um, I should call Vik and tell him | 我要打给维克 告诉他 |
[17:19] | I’m not going to be home. | 我不回家 |
[17:21] | How is Vik? | 维克怎么样 |
[17:23] | He’s fine. | 他很好 |
[17:24] | I just… I-I saw him the other day, | 我前几天见到他了 |
[17:26] | and he seemed a little tired. | 他看起来有点疲惫 |
[17:27] | Well, he has a huge job, so… | 他工作很辛苦 所以… |
[17:30] | Hi. It’s me. | 是我 |
[17:32] | I’m just calling to say that I’m not coming home. | 我就是想跟你说一声 我今天不回家 |
[17:36] | and the kids are with Noah, so you’re on your own. | 孩子们在诺亚那里 你自由了 |
[17:38] | Uh, there’s some of your mom’s baingan bharta in the freezer. | 冰箱里有你妈妈做的焗茄子 |
[17:42] | Okay. Bye. | 再见 |
[17:46] | Are you really not gonna wear that? | 你真的不穿那件衣服吗 |
[17:48] | Because you’re gonna be the only one. | 那全场只有你一个人不一样 |
[17:51] | Okay, fine. | 好 我穿 |
[18:02] | So… what about you? | 那… 你呢 |
[18:07] | what about me? | 我怎么了 |
[18:08] | Do you only sleep with men? | 你只跟男人睡吗 |
[18:11] | Um, mostly. | 大多数都是男人 |
[18:15] | say more. | 说来听听 |
[18:21] | I forgot to tell you about the piece de resistance. | 我忘记告诉你重头戏了 |
[18:24] | Later tonight, we’re going to a sensory deprivation tank. | 晚点我们会去一个感官剥夺水池 |
[18:27] | A what? | 一个什么 |
[18:28] | Seriously, you don’t know | 你真不知道 |
[18:29] | what a sensory deprivation tank is? | 感官剥夺水池是什么吗 |
[18:31] | Should I? | 我应该知道吗 |
[18:32] | Oh, my God. Helen, you’re gonna love it. | 天哪 海伦 你会爱上它的 |
[18:34] | The water is warmed to your exact body temperature, | 水会被加热到你的体温 |
[18:36] | and it’s like this big womb, | 那就像是一个巨大的子宫 |
[18:38] | and you just kind of float in this mystical cocoon, | 你会在那神秘的茧上漂浮 |
[18:41] | and it’s, like, totally transformative. | 这很有转变性 |
[18:43] | You use that word a lot. | 你经常用这个词 |
[18:45] | Yeah, I’m just noticing that, too. | 对 我也注意到了 |
[18:49] | Okay, ladies, hand over your fears that you wrote down. | 女士们 把你们写下的恐惧交上来 |
[18:57] | Okay, do I have a card from everybody? | 每个人都交了吗 |
[19:06] | Now, the first step in validating our narratives | 现在 证实我们故事的第一步 |
[19:10] | is owning what scares us. | 就是掌控我们害怕的东西 |
[19:13] | As you all know, a new moon is an ideal time for clearing | 正如你们所知 新月之时是清理 |
[19:17] | psychic debris that has accumulated over the previous lunation. | 前一个月积累的精神垃圾的好时候 |
[19:22] | You have all trusted your current blockages to this sisterhood. | 姐妹们会为你们保守秘密 |
[19:26] | Now, together, we will dissolve them with love. | 现在 我们一起用爱来融化它们 |
[19:38] | – I’m sorry. – Read it! | -抱歉 -念出来吧 |
[19:41] | What does it say? | 写了什么 |
[19:41] | Read it. | 快念吧 |
[19:44] | “My boyfriend asked me to try anal with him last week.” | “我男朋友上周让我跟他肛交” |
[19:47] | And then there’s a frowny face with X’s for eyes. | 后面附着”惊呆了”的表情 |
[19:52] | Ladies, suggestions? | 女士们 有什么建议吗 |
[19:57] | Butt plugs. | 用肛塞 |
[19:58] | The glass kind. | 玻璃质地的那种 |
[19:59] | They’re tiny. They’re not offensive. | 它们很小 而且很温和 |
[20:01] | I mean, at first, I was like, “Absolutely not. | 起初 我觉得”绝对不行 |
[20:03] | No way. Not happening.” | 没门 我不会这么做” |
[20:04] | But they are a gateway drug to anal. | 但肛塞是肛交的引子 |
[20:07] | What if I don’t want a gateway drug to anal? | 要是我不想用引子呢 |
[20:10] | Oh, you do. | 你会需要的 |
[20:11] | You should listen to the lady. | 你应该听她的 |
[20:17] | Next, let’s see. | 下一个 来看看 |
[20:20] | “I am afraid having children | “我害怕生孩子 |
[20:21] | is going to steal my creative spirit. | 会让我失去创新精神 |
[20:24] | I still have so much I want to accomplish. | 我还有很多想要实现的事 |
[20:26] | What if I wake up an old woman | 要是我一早醒来发现自己老了 |
[20:28] | and realize I gave up all my energy | 意识到我为我的孩子 |
[20:30] | to my children?” | 放弃了所有的活力怎么办” |
[20:33] | Fuck. | 真糟糕 |
[20:36] | That… | 这个问题… |
[20:37] | Anyone? | 有谁能解决吗 |
[20:42] | Guys, clearly that’s mine. | 姐妹们 很明显那是我写的 |
[20:46] | I’m, like, freaking out. | 我很不知所措 |
[20:50] | Like, seriously, like, I don’t even know… | 真的 我甚至不知道… |
[20:52] | I’m not prepared for this. | 我还没准备好 |
[20:53] | Like, what if this ruins my life? | 要是这毁掉了我的生活怎么办 |
[20:55] | Like, I really fucking like my life, you know? | 我真的特别喜欢我的生活 明白吗 |
[21:01] | The answer already exists in you, Cass. | 你已经有答案了 卡斯 |
[21:06] | It will come if you let yourself surrender. | 如果你屈服的话 答案就会不请自来 |
[21:10] | I am surrendering. | 我正在屈服 |
[21:13] | Surrender more. | 你需要屈服更多 |
[21:15] | Okay, Gaelle, | 盖尔 |
[21:16] | with all due respect, you have never been pregnant, | 恕我直言 你从没怀过孕 |
[21:19] | and you have no fucking clue what this feels like. | 你他妈根本不知道这是什么感觉 |
[21:21] | – Calm down, Cass! – Guys, don’t fight. | -冷静点 卡斯 -姐妹们 别吵架 |
[21:23] | I know what it feels like. | 我知道这是什么感觉 |
[21:27] | I have four kids. | 我有四个小孩 |
[21:29] | Geez. | 天哪 |
[21:31] | And I do… I remember being terrified | 我记得在我第一个女儿出生的时候 |
[21:33] | before my first daughter was born. | 我很害怕 |
[21:34] | My husband said I was acting like a caged animal. | 我丈夫说我就像一只被囚禁的动物 |
[21:37] | Yes, that’s exactly how I feel. | 对 我就是这种感觉 |
[21:42] | What do you do? | 你做什么工作 |
[21:44] | I’m a designer. I make furniture. | 我是一个设计师 设计家具 |
[21:47] | Ah. I love design. | 我爱设计 |
[21:50] | I used to have a shop. | 我以前有一家店 |
[21:51] | Where? | 在哪里 |
[21:53] | In Brooklyn. | 在布鲁克林 |
[21:55] | It was a great shop. | 那店很棒 |
[21:59] | But, you know, um, I can say this. | 但是 的确 |
[22:01] | Your life is about to completely change. | 你的生活将会彻底被改变 |
[22:04] | – Fuck. – No, but not in the way you think. | -该死 -不 但不是你想的那样 |
[22:06] | It-it doesn’t get smaller. | 你的生活不会变得更渺小 |
[22:08] | It gets larger. | 而是变得更宏大 |
[22:11] | How? | 怎样宏大 |
[22:12] | Okay, when… right after I had my first daughter, Whitney, | 就在我生下第一个女儿惠特尼之后 |
[22:17] | I had this moment, and I remember it very clearly. | 我很清楚地记得 有那么一刻 |
[22:21] | I was looking at her little face, and, um, | 我在看着她的小脸蛋 |
[22:24] | it suddenly occurred to me that she was going to… | 我突然想到 她会… |
[22:27] | outlive me. | 活得比我久 |
[22:29] | Her life was going to extend beyond mine, | 她的生命会超越我的生命 |
[22:32] | and I was finite. | 我的存在是有限的 |
[22:35] | You know, really just dust in the fucking wind. | 就像是风中该死的一粒尘埃 |
[22:38] | And so… | 所以… |
[22:41] | I just said to myself, “Okay, then, if that’s true, | 我告诉自己 “没关系 如果这是真的 |
[22:44] | what am I going to do with my one wild and precious life?” | 我要怎么度过我狂野珍贵的一生” |
[22:52] | Mary Oliver. | 这是玛丽·奥利弗说的 |
[22:55] | You guys don’t know Mary Oliver? | 你们不知道玛丽·奥利弗吗 |
[22:58] | Okay, but what was the answer? | 那答案是什么 |
[22:59] | Like, what did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[23:01] | Well, I had more children. | 我又生了几个孩子 |
[23:02] | Oh, that’s nice. | 真好 |
[23:04] | But I love being a mother. | 但我喜欢做母亲 |
[23:05] | And not everybody does, and that’s okay. | 并不是每个人都喜欢 这倒没什么 |
[23:07] | I mean, you don’t have to give | 你不用把一切 |
[23:08] | everything over to this little person. | 都给这个小家伙 |
[23:09] | You just have to make some room for her. Or him. | 你只需要为她腾出点空间 或者他 |
[23:12] | It’s a girl. | 是女孩 |
[23:17] | The heart actually does expand. | 心确实能扩张 |
[23:19] | I-I have no idea how it does it, | 我也不知道它是怎么做到的 |
[23:21] | but it seems to always be able to make room for children. | 但似乎它总能为孩子们腾出空间 |
[23:26] | Helen… | 海伦 |
[23:29] | I’m passing my guru baton to you this evening. | 今晚我要把我的古鲁棍传给你 |
[23:31] | Oh, please don’t. | 拜托不要 |
[23:33] | I… | 我 |
[23:35] | I have to. | 必须的 |
[23:37] | Tonight belongs to you. | 今晚属于你 |
[23:45] | What happens if my husband loves a baby | 万一我老公爱小孩 |
[23:46] | – more than he loves me? – Well, he won’t. | -胜过爱我呢 -不会的 |
[23:48] | And my boyfriend wants to get pregnant. | 我男友想要怀孕 |
[23:49] | I’m not so sure about him, | 我不清楚他的情况 |
[23:51] | but I want to really have a kid, so should I just do it? | 但我很想要小孩 我该听从内心吗 |
[23:54] | – No. – No. | -不 -不要 |
[23:55] | Don’t do that. | 别这么做 |
[23:56] | Like, what if I don’t find a man in time? | 要是我不能及时找到男人呢 |
[23:58] | Should I just do it alone? | 我该自己一个人做吗 |
[24:00] | You can, but it’s very hard. | 可以 但是很难 |
[24:02] | But, I mean, that’s why you guys have each other, right? | 但这就是你们为什么拥有彼此 对吗 |
[24:04] | Why you have this group? | 为什么会成立这个小组 |
[24:07] | Look, I want to be honest with you. | 我想跟你们说实话 |
[24:09] | No matter how many new moons | 不管你们在多少新月 |
[24:11] | or tropical Libras you circle under, | 或者黄道天秤座下围坐着治疗 |
[24:14] | the only way out of this thing is through it. | 唯一的出路就是穿过去 |
[24:16] | I mean, and you can talk to astrologers or gurus or shamans, | 你可以跟占星家 古鲁或者萨满巫师谈话 |
[24:21] | but the only thing that really works | 但唯一有效的办法是 |
[24:23] | is living and making choices and making mistakes, | 好好生活 做出选择 犯错 |
[24:25] | and then eventually, you get old enough… | 最后 等你老到一定程度了 |
[24:29] | and you start to figure shit out. | 你就会开始明白事理 |
[24:37] | I thought we were going to a sensory derivation bank. | 我们不是要去感观衍生银行吗 |
[24:41] | A sensory deprivation tank? | 感观剥夺水池 |
[24:46] | What did I say? | 我说的什么 |
[24:48] | I think maybe we should take that away from you. | 你还是别抽了 |
[24:51] | Actually, be careful, | 小心点 |
[24:51] | ’cause sometimes Gaelle’s stuff is laced. | 因为有时盖尔的东西里会掺入毒品 |
[24:57] | Oh, well. | 知道了 |
[25:05] | So, what was your fear that you wrote on the card? | 你在卡片上写的恐惧是什么 |
[25:11] | I couldn’t think of one. | 我一个都想不出来 |
[25:16] | Your life is so perfect that you don’t have any fears? | 你生活完美到你没有任何害怕的东西吗 |
[25:19] | My life is a total fucking wreck. | 我的生活就是场悲剧 |
[25:28] | I thought I was pregnant this morning. | 今早我以为我怀孕了 |
[25:31] | Oh, my God. Are you? | 天啊 怀了吗 |
[25:32] | No. I’m in menopause. | 没 我已经到更年期了 |
[25:38] | That’s a bummer. | 真可惜 |
[25:39] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[25:42] | – I don’t know. – Is it? | -我不知道 -是吗 |
[25:44] | I mean, do you want more kids? | 你还想要小孩吗 |
[25:46] | You know… | 你知道 |
[25:49] | I have four children. | 我有四个小孩 |
[25:52] | I don’t actually want another baby. | 我并不想再生一个 |
[25:55] | I just… you know, but Vik wanted it. | 我只是 但是维克想要 |
[25:58] | And I thought that I should give that to him. | 我想我应该满足他 |
[26:03] | But this whole day, I’ve been thinking about it, | 但今天一整天 我都在想这事 |
[26:06] | and I’ve been wondering, how many of my children did I want? | 我在想 我之前想要多少小孩 |
[26:12] | Was it for me, or was it for Noah? | 是为了我自己 还是为了诺亚 |
[26:18] | Who’s Noah? | 谁是诺亚 |
[26:19] | My first husband. | 我第一任丈夫 |
[26:22] | I mean, all my life, | 我这辈子 |
[26:24] | I’ve been feeling… I don’t know how to say this. | 我一直感觉 我不知道该怎么说 |
[26:26] | I’ve been feeling needed. | 我一直感觉被人需要 |
[26:28] | By men, by my children. | 被男人需要 被我的孩子需要 |
[26:31] | You know, I remember when Noah and I first got together, | 我记得我和诺亚最初在一起的时候 |
[26:33] | his mother had just died, and-and-and… | 他妈妈刚刚去世 然后 |
[26:36] | I remember how much he wanted me, | 我记得他有多想要我 |
[26:38] | in this kind of really desperate sort of way. | 以一种不顾一切的方式 |
[26:42] | And he would just, like, climb into bed with me | 他会爬上床 |
[26:44] | and need to fuck me, | 想上我 |
[26:46] | to feel, um, connected | 为了感到联系 |
[26:49] | or, uh, safe | 或者安全 |
[26:52] | or cared for. | 或者被关心 |
[26:54] | I don’t know, and I-I was… | 我也不知道 我 |
[26:55] | I was happy to give that to him when I was young, | 我年轻的时候我喜欢满足他 |
[26:59] | because I thought that that’s what I was supposed to do. | 因为我觉得那就是我该做的 |
[27:06] | And then my children came along, and they’re just all need. | 然后有了小孩 他们渴望的也很多 |
[27:11] | You know, they’re like little, tiny, | 他们就像是小小的 |
[27:13] | little, walking balls of need. | 欲望步行球 |
[27:17] | And men… men don’t understand. | 而男人 男人不懂 |
[27:21] | I mean, they have this notion of… | 他们有一种观念 |
[27:24] | of-of what bringing a child into their lives would mean, | 生活中有了小孩意味着什么 |
[27:28] | but… but-but they only do a fraction of the work, | 但他们只做一小部分的工作 |
[27:31] | and the rest is, like, up to us. | 其他的就全交给我们 |
[27:35] | I think I’m… | 我想我 |
[27:39] | I think I’m relieved to finally be in menopause, | 我想我解脱了 终于进入了更年期 |
[27:42] | because I will never… | 因为我再也不用 |
[27:45] | have to make a decision like that again. | 做那样的决定 |
[27:48] | You mean whether or not to give a man what he wants? | 你是指是否满足一个男人的需求吗 |
[27:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:01] | Yeah. Fuck. Yeah. | 对 我操 没错 |
[28:04] | I think maybe that’s it. | 我想就是这个 |
[28:11] | You know why… | 你知道为什么 |
[28:12] | You know why I like having sex with women? | 你知道我为什么喜欢和女人做爱吗 |
[28:15] | No. Why? | 不知道 为什么 |
[28:18] | Because I find that sex with women is just… | 因为我发现和女人做爱 |
[28:22] | so much more intimate. | 更亲密 |
[28:24] | You know? | 你懂吗 |
[28:26] | Because I can relate to their struggles, | 因为我能体会她们的挣扎 |
[28:28] | because they’re my struggles. | 因为她们就是我的挣扎 |
[28:30] | And so, when I see a woman there naked | 所以当我看到一个裸体的女人 |
[28:35] | and confident and hungry for orgasm, | 自信并渴望高潮 |
[28:40] | it’s like this primal admiration. | 就像是种原始的钦佩 |
[28:45] | It’s very sexy. | 非常性感 |
[28:48] | And also, | 还有 |
[28:50] | usually with women… | 一般和女人做爱 |
[28:53] | I feel like I have a lot more control. | 我感觉自己有更多控制 |
[28:59] | And, um… | 以及 |
[29:00] | I don’t know, control is really hot. | 我也说不清 控制真的很性感 |
[30:18] | Listen, can I give you some advice? | 我能给你点建议吗 |
[30:21] | Yeah, okay. | 好啊 |
[30:26] | Lay off the married guys. | 别找已婚男人 |
[30:29] | Yeah, I know. | 我懂 |
[30:30] | You don’t, really, because you’re not married. | 你不懂 因为你没结婚 |
[30:32] | You’ve never been married, so you couldn’t know. | 你从没结过婚 所以你不可能知道 |
[30:34] | And that’s okay, but… | 这没事 但是 |
[30:37] | When you sleep with a married man, | 当你跟一个已婚男人睡觉 |
[30:39] | it’s not just him. | 那就不仅仅是他 |
[30:43] | There’s a whole constellation of people behind him, | 还有他身后的一群人 |
[30:45] | and it takes… | 需要 |
[30:47] | years to build trust in a marriage. | 数年的时间才能在婚姻里建立信任 |
[30:49] | And when you sleep with someone’s husband, | 当你同一个人的丈夫发生关系 |
[30:52] | it’s not just a moment. | 不仅仅是片刻的时间 |
[30:53] | It’s years of his life, and hers, | 而是他还有她人生中的很多年 |
[30:55] | and the promise they made to each other and-and their kids, | 以及他们互相许下的承诺 对孩子的承诺 |
[30:59] | and it’s everything. | 是一切 |
[31:01] | And you’re just shitting all over it. | 而你把它破坏了 |
[31:06] | Fuck. | 操 |
[31:18] | The deprivation tank is here? | 剥夺池在这 |
[31:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:25] | I want to have four kids one day, too. | 我希望有天也能有四个小孩 |
[32:32] | – Hey. – No. | -嘿 -不要 |
[32:35] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[32:45] | Hey, Helen. | 海伦 |
[32:46] | There you are. | 你在这啊 |
[32:47] | Oh, my God, I found it. | 天啊 我找到了 |
[32:49] | I found the tank. | 我找到水箱了 |
[32:50] | Come on. Let’s go. | 快 走吧 |
[34:21] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[34:23] | Helen, wait. | 海伦 等等 |
[34:24] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[34:45] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[34:47] | What are you doing here? I-I thought you were | 你怎么在这 我以为 |
[34:48] | in the desert tonight. | 你今晚在沙漠 |
[34:56] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[34:58] | Come here. | 过来 |
[35:02] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[35:03] | I don’t want you to die. | 我不想你死 |
[35:08] | I don’t want to die, either. | 我也不想死 |
[35:31] | Don’t die. | 别死 |
[35:33] | Please don’t die. | 求你别死 |
[35:38] | – I won’t. – Promise me. | -我不会死的 -你保证 |
[35:40] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[35:45] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[36:34] | 第二话 诺亚 | |
[36:35] | – Trevor, straighten up. – I am. | -特雷弗 开直线 -是直线啊 |
[36:37] | No, you’re not! | 不 并不是 |
[36:37] | Well, I’m trying. | 我在努力开直线 |
[36:39] | Holy shit, stop! | 我去 停车 |
[36:40] | Brake! Brake! | 刹车 刹车 |
[36:46] | This sucks. | 这逊爆了 |
[36:49] | Come on. I thought you’d enjoy this. | 我以为你会享受其中的 |
[36:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:52] | Well, your first driving lesson. | 这是你第一堂驾驶课 |
[36:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:54] | This isn’t my first. | 这应该不算我的第一堂驾驶课 |
[36:56] | Vik lets me back Mom’s car | 维克有时候让我 |
[36:57] | out of the driveway sometimes. | 把妈的车开出车道 |
[36:59] | Yeah, I know, but, you know, | 我知道 但是 |
[37:00] | here you’re learning how to steer and park and… | 现在你在学怎么驾驶 停车… |
[37:03] | Whatever. | 随便了 |
[37:07] | Okay, buddy, why don’t you try reversing out? | 哥们 你要不试试倒车 |
[37:10] | Are you giving up? | 你放弃了吗 |
[37:11] | This is pointless. | 这毫无意义 |
[37:13] | I can’t even take driver’s ed until next year. | 我明年才能接受驾驶培训 |
[37:15] | Vik and I were gonna start lessons next summer. | 维克和我准备明年夏天开始学 |
[37:38] | Hey, Trev. | 特雷弗 |
[37:41] | Listen, I-I wanted to talk to you about something. | 听着 我想和你聊聊 |
[37:45] | Your friend, Brooklyn… | 你的朋友 布鲁克林… |
[37:46] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[37:48] | Well, I just wanted you to know | 我只是想让你知道 |
[37:49] | that if there’s… if there’s anything you wanted to… | 如果你有想告诉我的 |
[37:53] | tell me about him or… | 关于他的事 或者… |
[37:55] | Anything at all. | 任何事都可以 |
[37:58] | Can we just get Stacey and go back to Mom’s now? | 我们能接上史黛丝然后回妈那里吗 |
[38:01] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[38:05] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[38:16] | You better not be heading for the Switch. | 你别抢我的游戏机 |
[38:17] | It’s my day! | 今天该我玩了 |
[38:19] | Helen! What did you do with my razor? | 海伦 你拿我的剃须刀干什么了 |
[38:21] | Hey, knock it off. | 别闹了 |
[38:22] | What? | 什么 |
[38:23] | Razor! It doesn’t have a blade. | 剃须刀 上面没刀片了 |
[38:26] | Well, I threw it away. It was dull. Oh, hi. | 我扔了 不好用了 你来了 |
[38:28] | It was only dull because you shaved your legs with it! | 它不好用就是因为你用它来刮腿 |
[38:31] | There’s more of them in the top, right-hand drawer. | 右上的抽屉里还有很多 |
[38:35] | How was the lesson? | 课上得怎么样 |
[38:37] | – Can I talk to you? – Yeah, sure. | -能和你聊聊吗 -当然可以 |
[38:39] | You’d lose your mind if I went into your room! | 如果我进你的房间的话你会疯掉的 |
[38:41] | I didn’t go into your room! | 我没有进你房间 |
[38:43] | I swear to God, if you guys don’t stop… | 我发誓 如果你们不停… |
[38:46] | You and Vik need to work with me. | 你和维克得配合我 |
[38:47] | – Work with you? – I am trying | -和你一起 -我努力 |
[38:49] | so hard. | 非常努力 |
[38:51] | I’ve upended my life | 因为维克的工作 我跟着你到这 |
[38:52] | to follow you here for Vik’s work, | 把自己的生活弄得天翻地覆 |
[38:54] | – to be near my kids. – Yeah, me too. | -只为了能和我的孩子离得近点 -我也是 |
[38:55] | And you guys won’t meet me halfway. | 你们一点都不合作 |
[38:57] | I don’t… What? | 我不… 什么 |
[38:59] | This is supposed to be a partnership, Helen. | 这应该是伙伴关系 海伦 |
[39:01] | We are co-parenting, and right now, | 我们共同抚养孩子 而现在 |
[39:03] | I am the only one extending myself. | 只有我一个人在努力 |
[39:06] | You won’t encourage the kids to call back. | 你不鼓励孩子们给我回电话 |
[39:09] | You roll over my visitation. | 你无视我的探视权 |
[39:11] | Vik is incredibly competitive with the kids. | 维克在孩子那充满了竞争力 |
[39:13] | I mean, for fuck’s sake, Helen, they are my children. | 天啊 海伦 他们是我的孩子 |
[39:17] | Not his. | 不是他的 |
[39:19] | You just need to tell him to back the fuck up. | 你只需要告诉他离远点 |
[39:21] | He’s dying. | 他要死了 |
[39:26] | Vik has cancer, | 维克得了癌症 |
[39:29] | and he’s going to die soon, so… | 他很快就要死了 所以… |
[39:35] | …maybe you’ll forgive us | 也许你会原谅我们 |
[39:36] | if we aren’t at our best right now. | 如果我们现在的状态不好 |
[39:41] | What kind of cancer? | 什么癌症 |
[39:43] | Does it matter? | 有区别吗 |
[39:46] | The kids know? | 孩子们知道了吗 |
[39:52] | Oh, God. | 天 |
[39:55] | You should have told me. | 你应该告诉我的 |
[39:57] | Why would I have told you? | 为什么 |
[39:59] | Because we’re friends. | 因为我们是朋友 |
[40:01] | No, we’re not. | 不 我们不是 |
[40:06] | Jesus, Helen, I… | 天 海伦 我… |
[40:08] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:11] | Look, I-if there’s anything you need, | 如果你有什么需要的 |
[40:12] | anything I can do… | 任何我能做的… |
[40:13] | I-I can take the kids. | 我可以照顾孩子们 |
[40:14] | You and Vik can have some time. | 你和维克可以有时间在一起 |
[40:18] | Oh, God, Helen, I… | 天 海伦 我… |
[40:23] | Sorry. I can also… | 对不起 我还可以… |
[40:24] | I can just give you guys some space. | 我可以给你们点空间 |
[40:26] | That would be great. | 那很好 |
[40:29] | Sure. | 好 |
[40:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:53] | Hey. | 你好啊 |
[40:53] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[40:56] | Sorry. Your-your door was open. | 对不起 你的门开着 |
[40:58] | Did I scare you? | 我吓到你了吗 |
[41:02] | No. | 没 |
[41:04] | It’s the hoodie, right? | 是因为连帽衫 对吗 |
[41:05] | The hoodie makes me seem threatening. | 连帽衫让我有点吓人 |
[41:07] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[41:08] | That’s not funny. | 不好笑 |
[41:10] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[41:19] | Well, now that you’ve made yourself at home… | 既然你已经自便了 |
[41:22] | want to tell me why you’re here? | 想告诉我你为什么在这吗 |
[41:25] | How do you even know where I live? | 你怎么知道我住在哪 |
[41:27] | Read through my mom’s personnel files. | 通过看我妈的人事档案 |
[41:29] | I’ve seen all your pay stubs. | 我看过你所有的工资单 |
[41:33] | Well, then you should have known not to eat all my prosciutto. | 那你应该知道不要吃掉我所有的意大利火腿 |
[41:36] | I’m playing. I-I White-Paged you, actually. | 我逗你呢 我查过你的信息 |
[41:39] | It’s that easy, huh? | 很容易 是吗 |
[41:41] | That’s disturbing. | 真令人困扰 |
[41:42] | Yeah, I think you can get it blocked. | 我觉得你能帮我屏蔽它 |
[41:48] | I need your thoughts. | 我需要知道你的想法 |
[41:52] | Okay. What about? | 好吧 关于什么的 |
[41:53] | On whether or not I should join the Marines. | 我应不应该加入海军陆战队 |
[41:56] | What? | 什么 |
[41:58] | What about college? | 那上大学呢 |
[41:59] | I need to be my own man, Mr. Solloway. | 我得做我自己 索洛维先生 |
[42:01] | I-I can’t keep letting my parents | 我不能一直让我父母 |
[42:02] | push me around like this. | 这样摆布我 |
[42:04] | It’s not right. | 那是不对的 |
[42:06] | Look, I know you and my mom | 听着 我知道你跟我妈妈之间 |
[42:09] | have something going on right now. | 现在是有点情况的 |
[42:12] | She can be a real bully. | 她有时候真的很过分 |
[42:14] | You should know that. | 你应该知道这一点的 |
[42:15] | Yeah, I do know that, Anton. | 是的 我的确知道 安东 |
[42:19] | I also know that she loves you like a crazy person, | 我还知道她像个疯子一样爱着你 |
[42:22] | and right now she’s having a hard time letting you go. | 而且现在她为了放你走正饱受煎熬 |
[42:24] | And that’s normal. That’s not her. | 但是这很正常 这不是她 |
[42:26] | That’s just what happens when the time comes | 只是当孩子们离开家的时候 |
[42:28] | for kids to flee the nest. | 都会发生这种事 |
[42:30] | You’d really rather go to war than go to college? | 比起上大学难道你更想去打仗吗 |
[42:33] | Well, they said the chances of me seeing combat are slim. | 他们说我看到战争的机会很渺茫 |
[42:36] | Yeah, they’re lying. | 是吗 他们在撒谎 |
[42:37] | This country is pretty much | 这个国家基本上 |
[42:39] | at war somewhere all the time. | 战争都没停止过 |
[42:42] | Well, any way I go, | 好吧 不管我走哪条路 |
[42:45] | one of them is going to be disappointed. | 他们俩总有一个人会失望 |
[42:50] | Look, you came here. You want my advice, right? | 你来到这是想让我给你建议对吧 |
[42:55] | I really think you need to see Princeton. | 我真的觉得你需要去看看普林斯顿大学 |
[42:58] | Just see it. Just… | 就去看看 就 |
[42:59] | spend some time there. | 在那里待一段时间 |
[43:01] | You have this idea in your head that it’s a terrible place. | 你现在脑海里觉得那里是个可怕的地方 |
[43:03] | Maybe it is, but maybe you’d like it. | 也许它的确是 但也许你会喜欢那里的 |
[43:05] | Well, how am I supposed to pull that off? | 那我要怎么才能做到呢 |
[43:07] | It’s all the way across the country. | 要横跨整个国家的 |
[43:09] | Your mom will take you there. | 你妈妈会带你去的 |
[43:10] | No, she won’t. | 不 她不会的 |
[43:11] | – How do you know? – I just do. | -你怎么知道 -我就是知道 |
[43:13] | Have you asked her? | 你问过她吗 |
[43:18] | How did you get here? You drive? | 你是怎么到这的 开车来的 |
[43:20] | No, I Ubered. I never get to drive. | 没 我叫车来的 我从没有过开车的机会 |
[43:22] | I don’t have a fucking car. | 我连辆车都没有 |
[43:23] | Okay. Let’s go. | 好吧 我们走 |
[43:25] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪 |
[43:26] | To talk to your mom. | 去跟你妈妈说 |
[43:27] | No. I just got here. | 不 我才到这 |
[43:28] | She’ll kill me if she finds out | 如果她发现我来找你 |
[43:30] | – I came to you. – Come on. | -她会杀了我的 -快走 |
[43:31] | I’ll let you drive. | 我让你开车 |
[43:33] | Down the PCH. | 沿着太平洋滨海高速 |
[43:50] | Why can’t you rebel like a normal kid? | 你为什么不会像正常孩子一样抵抗呢 |
[43:54] | Go to Europe for a year. Date a white girl. | 去欧洲待一年 跟一个白人姑娘约会 |
[43:57] | You really want to fuck with me and your dad? | 你真的想惹我跟你爸吗 |
[43:59] | Do the Peace Corps in some awful third-world place. | 到某些混乱的第三世界国家当维和部队去 |
[44:02] | Don’t join the fucking Army. | 别参什么鬼军 |
[44:04] | – Marines. – Boy, I will kill you. | -是海军陆战队 -孩子 你敢去我就杀了你 |
[44:06] | Look, if I go to the Marines, I won’t be a victim. | 若我加入海军陆战队的话 我就不会是受害者了 |
[44:09] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[44:10] | How is shooting other brown people | 为什么开枪打其他棕皮肤的人 |
[44:12] | gonna give you agency? Hear yourself. | 就给你什么特权了 你听听你说的话 |
[44:14] | No, hear yourself. | 不 你听听你说的话 |
[44:16] | It is always about race and agency with you. | 对你来说一切都与特权和人种有关 |
[44:19] | What nine-year-old has | 哪个九岁的小孩 |
[44:20] | a Black Revolutionary-themed birthday party? | 会办”黑人革命”主题的生日聚会 |
[44:22] | Fucking Marcus Garvey on the chocolate cake? | 巧克力蛋糕上居然有张马库斯·加维的脸 |
[44:24] | Malcolm X napkins? | 马尔科姆·艾克斯的餐巾 |
[44:25] | – Like, who does that? – They make those? | -谁会这么干啊 -居然有做这玩意的 |
[44:27] | Yes. This is what I’ve had to deal with my whole life. | 是啊 我这辈子都得与这些事打交道 |
[44:29] | – To protect you. – Look, if I have a target | -我们是为了保护你 -听着 如果我背上 |
[44:31] | on my back, why shouldn’t I sign up? | 有个靶子的话 我为什么不入伍 |
[44:33] | At least then I’ll have a gun. | 至少我还能有把枪 |
[44:37] | – What are you doing here? – Your mother called. | -你来这干吗 -你妈打电话来过 |
[44:39] | She didn’t know where you went. | 她不知道你去哪了 |
[44:41] | You can’t disappear without telling her where you’re going. | 你不能不告诉她你在干什么就消失 |
[44:43] | You know that. She worries. | 你知道的 她会担心的 |
[44:45] | Why? I’m 19 years old. | 为什么 我都19岁了 |
[44:47] | Tell him. | 告诉他 |
[44:49] | Go on. | 说啊 |
[44:49] | You’re such an adult. Tell him. | 你不都是大人了吗 告诉他 |
[44:51] | Tell him what you did. | 告诉他你干了什么事 |
[44:53] | I talked to a recruiter about joining the Marines. | 我跟一个海军陆战队招募官谈过参军的事情了 |
[44:55] | You did what? | 你干什么了 |
[44:59] | Hi. | 你好 |
[44:59] | Does this motherfucker live here now? | 这个混蛋现在是住在这了吗 |
[45:02] | Look, I-I know it’s not my place– | 听着 我知道我不该待在这 |
[45:04] | Oh, you’re damn right. | 算你识相 |
[45:05] | But your kid came to my house | 但你的孩子来我家 |
[45:07] | looking for help, so… | 寻求帮助 所以… |
[45:09] | I thought maybe we could all just talk about it. | 我觉得我们可以一起讨论一下这个事情 |
[45:11] | Who the fuck does your boyfriend think he is? | 你男朋友以为他是谁啊 |
[45:13] | He’s not my boyfriend. | 他不是我男朋友 |
[45:14] | Reason he wants to join the Marines | 他想参军的原因 |
[45:16] | is because he can’t make a decision | 是他没办法在普林斯顿大学 |
[45:18] | about this Princeton thing | 这件事上作出决定 |
[45:19] | because he is terrified of hurting one of you. | 因为他害怕伤害到你们 |
[45:23] | So, what I suggested was that | 所以我的建议是 |
[45:25] | somebody should just take him there. | 你们之中应该有一个人带他过去 |
[45:27] | Let him see the school, see if he likes it, | 让他去看看学校 看看他喜不喜欢 |
[45:29] | make his own decision. | 让他自己决定 |
[45:30] | Sounds reasonable to me. | 我觉得挺合理的 |
[45:32] | – If I go, it’d have to be this week. – Why? | -如果要走的话我这周就得走 -为什么 |
[45:35] | Because I scheduled to take the GED next Monday. | 因为我下周一要参加高中等同学历考试 |
[45:38] | Anton… in order to take the GED, | 安东… 如果要参加高中等同学历考试 |
[45:41] | you have to drop out of high school. | 你得要从高中退学 |
[45:43] | I can’t join the Marines without it. | 没有这个我就没办法加入海军 |
[45:44] | – Oh, no. – You have school this week. | -不 -你这周还要上学呢 |
[45:46] | Hell no. You’re not joining the fucking military. | 绝对不行 你不可能去参什么鬼军 |
[45:49] | Look, I can miss a couple classes. | 听着 我可以翘几节课 |
[45:50] | I already took these fucking classes anyway. | 反正这些课我也已经上过了 |
[45:52] | Boy, don’t talk like that to your mother. | 孩子 别这么跟你妈说话 |
[45:54] | Why is it, whenever you’re mad at me, | 为什么你每次生我气的时候 |
[45:55] | you act like you’re still her man? | 你就还当自己是她老公 |
[45:56] | – You want to live? – Oh, Jesus. | -你还想不想活了 -天哪 |
[45:58] | Not another word. | 别再说了 |
[46:00] | Look, Carl, my friend– | 听着 卡尔 我的朋友 |
[46:01] | Man, why are you all up in my family? | 兄弟 你为什么总是出现在我家里 |
[46:03] | You don’t have your own? | 你自己没有家吗 |
[46:05] | Yeah, I do. | 我有的 |
[46:06] | Then what the fuck you doing here? | 那你他妈在这里干什么 |
[46:09] | Anton, go to your room. | 安东 到你房间里去 |
[46:11] | Carl, go home. | 卡尔 回家去 |
[46:13] | Let’s… let’s just sleep on this, okay? | 我们过一晚想想吧 好吗 |
[46:15] | We don’t have to make any decisions tonight. | 我们没必要今晚做决定啊 |
[46:17] | We don’t have to do anything. | 我们什么都没必要做 |
[46:18] | – It’s my decision. – Okay. | -这是我的决定 -好吧 |
[46:21] | If you want to go to the school, | 如果你想去普林斯顿大学的话 |
[46:23] | I’ll take you this week. I promise. | 我这周就带你去 我保证 |
[46:25] | Janelle, what about the board meeting? | 贾内尔 那董事会怎么办 |
[46:27] | This is more important. | 这个更重要 |
[46:28] | Janelle, hold up. | 贾内尔 等等 |
[46:29] | We talked about sending him | 我们之前说过要送他 |
[46:30] | to a state school– public education. | 去上州立大学的 国立的那种 |
[46:33] | We agreed on that when he was a baby. | 在他还是个孩子的时候我们就说好了 |
[46:35] | – Things have changed, Carl. – No, you’ve changed. | -情况已经变了 卡尔 -不 是你变了 |
[46:37] | – Dad, what if I want to go? – Anton, just be quiet. | -爸爸 如果是我想去呢 -安东 你闭嘴 |
[46:39] | Just because you couldn’t make it there | 不是说你做不到就意味着 |
[46:41] | doesn’t mean I can’t. | 我也做不到 |
[46:42] | Carl! | 卡尔 |
[46:43] | Hey. | 喂 |
[46:46] | You gonna hit me? | 你要打我吗 |
[46:49] | Hit me. | 打我啊 |
[46:51] | Go ahead. | 打啊 |
[46:54] | Carl. | 卡尔 |
[47:02] | So you a man now. | 所以你现在是个男人了 |
[47:05] | Okay, be a man. | 好吧 那你就当个男人 |
[47:10] | Go see what it’s like. | 去看看那里是什么样的吧 |
[47:38] | Hi. It’s Whitney. Leave a message. | 你好 我是惠特尼 有事请留言 |
[47:40] | Hey, Whit, it’s Dad. | 惠特 是爸爸 |
[47:42] | Uh, it’s super late where you are. | 你那边应该已经很晚了 |
[47:43] | You’re probably asleep, but I just, uh… | 你也许已经睡了 但我只是… |
[47:45] | I was just calling to say hi. | 我就想和你打个招呼 |
[47:47] | Mom keeps me informed about most things, but, um… | 妈妈告诉我大部分的事情 但是 |
[47:51] | good to hear from you once in a while. | 偶尔听到你的声音真好 |
[47:53] | It’s been a while. | 好久没见了 |
[47:55] | Okay. Love you. | 就这样 爱你 |
[47:56] | Call me if you can. | 有空给我打电话 |
[47:58] | If you feel like it. Bye. | 如果你愿意的话 拜拜 |
[48:33] | Can I come in? | 我能进去吗 |
[48:34] | Of course. | 当然 |
[48:40] | It’s nice. | 这里很不错 |
[48:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[48:44] | You renting? | 你租的吗 |
[48:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[48:46] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[48:47] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[48:50] | Um, I made Anton tell me where you live. | 我逼安东告诉我的 |
[48:53] | What, and you drove all the way up here | 什么 你大半夜的 |
[48:55] | in the middle of the night? | 开这么老远的车过来吗 |
[48:55] | You didn’t call or text or…? | 也没有提前打电话或者发信息 |
[48:59] | Should I go? | 我应该走吗 |
[49:00] | No, no, please, no. | 别 别 留下 |
[49:02] | Sit down. | 请坐 |
[49:04] | Can I get you anything? I… I’ve got whiskey. | 想要喝些什么吗 我有威士忌 |
[49:06] | You can, but let me just say something first. | 好的 但我想先说几句话 |
[49:11] | Thank you for what you did. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[49:15] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么也没做 |
[49:16] | No, you did. | 不 你做了 |
[49:17] | You stood up for my son. | 你为我的儿子挺身而出 |
[49:20] | That was crazy earlier. | 之前太疯狂了 |
[49:21] | Well, we’ve all been there. | 我们都有过这样的经历 |
[49:26] | We’ve been, uh… | 我们已经 |
[49:29] | divorced for so long, | 离婚了好一阵子了 |
[49:31] | you’d think we’d be over it by now, | 按说我们应该已经两清了 |
[49:33] | figured out a way to forgive each other, | 找到原谅对方的方法了 |
[49:36] | find some peace. | 生活平静一些了 |
[49:38] | But somehow… | 但不知为何 |
[49:42] | They say time heals all wounds, | 人们说时间能治愈所有伤口 |
[49:44] | but sometimes it doesn’t. | 但有时却不能 |
[49:47] | No, it doesn’t. | 不 并不能 |
[49:48] | It just makes things worse. | 有时只让事情变得更糟 |
[49:52] | Anyway, I just… | 不管怎样 我只是 |
[49:56] | Of course he should have seen the damn school. | 他当然该看看这该死的学校 |
[49:59] | I should have taken him. | 我应该带他去的 |
[50:03] | I’m gonna take him this week. | 我这周就带他去 |
[50:06] | What about the board meeting? | 那董事会议怎么办 |
[50:08] | What about it? | 能怎么样 |
[50:09] | If they fire me, they fire me. | 如果他们开了我 就这样吧 |
[50:14] | Look, what if I take him? | 听着 不如我带他去 |
[50:18] | You? | 你 |
[50:19] | I’m the neutral party. | 我是中立方 |
[50:20] | I can take him there, introduce him to my friend. | 我可以带他去那里 让他认识我的朋友 |
[50:23] | He can observe a class. | 他可以旁听一节课 |
[50:25] | Then we come back, and he can make his decision. | 然后等我们回来 他可以做决定 |
[50:28] | You’d do that? | 你愿意这么做吗 |
[50:30] | I’d be happy to do it. | 我很乐意 |
[50:31] | If it’s okay with you. | 如果你没问题的话 |
[50:33] | And Carl, of course. | 还有卡尔也同意的话 |
[50:35] | If it’s a choice between this | 如果要在这个学校和 |
[50:37] | and the goddamn Marines, who knows? | 该死的海军陆战队之间选择 谁知道呢 |
[50:38] | Maybe he would. | 也许他会去的 |
[50:41] | He should go. | 他该去 |
[50:50] | Why are you doing this, Noah? | 你为什么这么做 诺亚 |
[50:53] | You really think my son is that brilliant? | 你真的认为我的儿子有那么出色吗 |
[50:58] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 |
[51:01] | But I’m not doing it for him. | 但我不是为了他 |
[51:47] | Does it turn you on | 我是你的老板 |
[51:48] | – that I’m your boss? – Oh, Jesus. | -是否让你性致盎然 -天哪 |
[51:50] | Janelle, shut the fuck up. | 贾内尔 快闭嘴吧 |
[51:58] | Oh, my. Oh, my. | 爽 爽 |
[52:11] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[52:15] | Oh, my. | 太爽了 |
[52:26] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[52:39] | Excuse me. Can you tell me | 抱歉 你能告诉我 |
[52:40] | what the connecting gate to New York is? | 换乘纽约的登机口是哪一个吗 |
[52:42] | We don’t have that information. | 我们没有这个信息 |
[52:43] | You’ll have to check in on the ground. | 你必须问地勤 |
[52:45] | Okay, thanks. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[52:50] | Because we were delayed taking off, | 因为我们的飞机延误了 |
[52:51] | we’re gonna have to book it when we hit the ground | 所以等我们着陆了就要订机票 |
[52:53] | to make our connection, okay? | 以便今天到达 明白吗 |
[52:55] | Should’ve got a direct flight. | 就该订个直飞的 |
[52:57] | Yeah, well, your mother booked this yesterday. | 是啊 但你妈妈昨晚才订的机票 |
[52:59] | We were lucky to get any flight at all. | 能有票就很幸运了 |
[53:02] | Did you talk to your dad? | 你和你爸爸说话了吗 |
[53:05] | He won’t call me back. | 他不肯给我回电 |
[53:12] | You’re listening to my book? | 你在听我的书吗 |
[53:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[53:15] | It’s pretty good, actually. | 其实还挺不错的 |
[53:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[53:24] | What? | 什么情况 |
[53:25] | That’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
[53:25] | 科尔 未接来电&语音信箱4件 | |
[53:35] | Hi. | 你好 |
[53:37] | Uh, we missed our connecting flight to New York, so… | 我们错过了换乘纽约的航班 所以 |
[53:39] | Uh, no. | 不 |
[53:42] | “No”? | “不” |
[53:43] | No, we have no more flights to New York today. | 不 我们今天没有去纽约的航班了 |
[53:46] | What about the shuttle? | 那班车呢 |
[53:48] | They’re all booked. | 都订完了 |
[53:50] | We’ve had delays all day because of the wind. | 因为大风缘故一整天都在延误 |
[53:52] | What about standby? | 但候补名单呢 |
[53:53] | Good luck with standby. | 那就祝你们好运了 |
[53:55] | Come on, is there anything you can do to help? | 拜托 有什么你能帮我们的吗 |
[53:57] | Well, let me see if I can switch you to… | 让我看看 我能帮你们调到 |
[54:02] | Tomorrow night, 8:23. | 明晚八点二十三分 |
[54:04] | No, we have to get to New York tonight. | 不行 我们必须今晚到纽约 |
[54:06] | Then rent a car. | 那就租车吧 |
[54:16] | They’re gonna run out of cars. | 他们的车可能都被租完了 |
[54:23] | Cole? | 科尔 |
[54:28] | Wait. | 等等 |
[54:31] | Wait. Cole, slow down. | 等等 科尔 慢点说 |
[54:32] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[54:35] | 艾莉森 你还好吗 你没跟任何人联系 他很担心 给我打电话吧 你在哪里 艾莉森 给我回电 | |
[54:35] | So, who’s coming to get us? | 谁来接我们 |
[54:37] | An old friend. | 一个老朋友 |
[54:51] | Welcome to O’Hare International Airport. | 欢迎来到奥黑尔国际机场 |
[54:54] | Loading zones for rideshare services | 拼车服务的上下客区域 |
[54:56] | are located on the upper level | 位于一号 三号和四号 |
[54:57] | of terminals one, three and four. | 候机楼的上层 |
[55:14] | I’m sure she’s fine. | 她肯定没事 |
[55:17] | That makes one of us. | 我可不这么认为 |
[55:44] | Hey, I wanted to check in | 我想问问 |
[55:45] | and see if maybe you’d heard from Alison. | 你有没有艾莉森的消息 |
[55:47] | If you do hear anything, give me a call back. | 如果你联系到她 给我回电 |
[55:50] | You never reached out to her even once | 你从来没有联系过她 |
[55:52] | until you needed her organ. | 直到你需要她的器官 |
[55:53] | I’m not sure what it is you want me to say. | 我不知道你想让我说什么 |
[55:55] | I’ll always love her, | 我会一直爱她 |
[55:56] | but it was all over a long time ago. | 但我们之前很早就结束了 |
[55:59] | What happens to people like us… | 我们这样的人以后会怎样 |
[56:03] | The ones who can’t be forgiven? | 不可饶恕的人 |
[56:06] | Where is mommy? | 妈妈在哪里 |
[56:07] | I wish I knew, kiddo. | 我真希望我知道 宝贝 |