时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Author of the best-selling novel, Descent, | 畅销小说《坠落》的作者 |
[00:08] | soon to be made into a major motion picture, | 这部小说即将改编为电影 |
[00:11] | Noah Solloway. | 诺亚·索洛维 |
[00:12] | People know my movies, and they see me as this, um, | 他们了解我的电影 他们把我 |
[00:15] | you know, this action hero, | 当做动作明星 |
[00:16] | this sort of modern-day James Bond. | 现代詹姆斯·邦德之类的 |
[00:18] | But that’s all an act, of course. | 但那当然都是表演 |
[00:19] | I mean, that’s not who I am. | 那不是我 |
[00:21] | But this book, this is me. | 但这本书 这是我 |
[00:23] | So what’s your plan to make money? | 那你打算怎么挣钱 |
[00:26] | Ugh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[00:28] | His visa’s about to expire, so no one will hire him. | 他的签证快到期了 所以没人愿意雇他 |
[00:31] | I just wanted to say I think it’s so awesome | 我只想说你是我爸的女友 |
[00:33] | that you’re my dad’s girlfriend. | 实在是太酷了 |
[00:36] | Can I trouble you for another drink? | 能帮我再拿一杯酒吗 |
[00:38] | Of course. Coming right up. | 没问题 马上送到 |
[00:40] | There’s something wrong with him. | 他有点不正常 |
[00:41] | He’s losing his memory. He thinks I’m still married to Helen; | 他记性不好 他以为我和海伦还是夫妻 |
[00:44] | he thinks I own this place. | 他以为这房子是我的 |
[00:45] | I need to leave. | 我得走了 |
[00:50] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[00:52] | Vik, this is your son. | 维克 这是你儿子 |
[00:54] | This is Eddie. | 这是埃迪 |
[00:58] | Are you with the studio? | 你是摄制组的人吗 |
[01:00] | No. | 不是 |
[01:00] | S-So you’re… | 那你是… |
[01:02] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[01:03] | I lost my partner a few months ago. | 几个月前 我失去了我的伴侣 |
[01:05] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[01:07] | Just breathe. | 深呼吸 |
[01:08] | – I lost someone, too. – Where are you gonna stay? | -几年前 我也失去了挚爱 -你准备住哪 |
[01:11] | Dad’s place. | 爸爸家 |
[01:12] | Is that a good idea? | 那样好吗 |
[02:31] | 第一话 诺亚 | |
[02:37] | The early reviews are really good. | 前期评价很好 |
[02:40] | So I hear. I, uh, | 我听说了 |
[02:41] | I try not to pay attention to those things. | 我试着不去在乎这些事 |
[02:44] | I have to admit, I wasn’t such a fan of Descent, | 我得承认 我不是太喜欢《坠落》 |
[02:47] | although, clearly, the book didn’t suffer from lack of fans, but… | 但显然这本书销量颇佳 但是… |
[02:51] | The Autobiography of Jack Hunter, | 《杰克·亨特》的自传 |
[02:53] | it really moved me. | 让我很感动 |
[02:55] | It’s a much more vulnerable, mature piece of writing. | 是一本内容更加脆弱 文笔更成熟的书 |
[02:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:01] | I mean, I… I wrote it in prison partly just to, | 我是在监狱写的 大部分只是为了 |
[03:05] | uh, keep myself from going insane. | 让自己不要发疯 |
[03:06] | So just to get it published at all is gratifying, and… | 能够出版我已经很满足了 |
[03:08] | You were in prison for killing your brother-in-law, right? | 你入狱是因为杀了你的小叔 对吧 |
[03:12] | Uh, my, uh, ex-wife’s brother-in-law, yeah. | 我前妻的小叔 对 |
[03:16] | But there’s plenty of stuff out there about that. | 不过有很多关于这方面的报道 |
[03:17] | I-I really don’t want to -make this about– | 我不想让这篇报道变成 |
[03:19] | No, no, no. It’s just… | 不不 只是… |
[03:21] | ten years ago you were a public school teacher living in Brooklyn, | 十年前你是住在布鲁克林的公立学校老师 |
[03:24] | and then one summer, you wrote a novel | 然后一个夏天过后 你写了本小说 |
[03:26] | that was an overnight sensation. | 一夜之间成为大热 |
[03:28] | You left your wife and family, you married your mistress, | 你离开了妻子和家庭 娶了情人 |
[03:32] | you became suddenly famous and… | 你突然功成名就 |
[03:34] | I don’t know, let’s say you drank a little bit of your own Kool-Aid. | 我说不好 暂且说你有些自我沉醉 |
[03:38] | You became increasingly arrogant, self-absorbed, reckless, until | 你变得非常自大 自私 鲁莽 直到… |
[03:42] | one fateful night on the dark roads of Montauk, | 决定命运的那晚 在蒙托克的漆黑路上 |
[03:45] | you hit someone and fled the scene of the crime– | 你撞了别人 并肇事逃逸 |
[03:47] | I’m going somewhere with this. | 我后面会提问的 |
[03:49] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[03:50] | You had an enormous fall from grace. | 你从辉煌之处跌落惨重 |
[03:53] | You went to prison, you served time, you… | 你进了监狱 坐了牢 你 |
[03:57] | lost everything. | 失去了一切 |
[03:59] | And now you’re out, | 而现在你出狱了 |
[04:00] | you’ve gone back to teaching underprivileged kids, | 你又回到了教弱势小朋友的行业中 |
[04:02] | you have moved to be closer to your family. | 你又搬回了家人附近 |
[04:05] | You seem to be living a quiet life now. | 似乎现在过得很平静 |
[04:08] | You’ve come full circle. | 你完成了整个循环 |
[04:12] | So would you say that the redemption | 那你觉得诺亚·索洛维的 |
[04:14] | of Noah Solloway is complete? | 赎罪也完全了吗 |
[04:28] | Y-you read the book, y-you tell me. | 你看了书 你告诉我 |
[04:32] | That seems like a perfect place to stop. | 感觉这是个结束采访的好时机 |
[04:36] | I’m really excited about this piece. | 我对文章很兴奋 |
[04:38] | People love a comeback story. | 人们喜欢东山再起的故事 |
[04:40] | When will they run it, do you know? | 他们什么时候发布 你知道吗 |
[04:42] | Well, it’s not up to me, but, um, | 这个不由我决定 但是… |
[04:44] | they’re hoping to time it with the release of your movie. | 他们希望在你电影上映的时候发 |
[04:47] | Your book is coming out around then, too, isn’t it? | 你的书也是那时候发售吧 对吗 |
[04:48] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[04:50] | It’s quite a year you’re having. | 你这一年太精彩了 |
[04:53] | One more thing. Are you seeing anyone? | 还有件事 你在约会吗 |
[04:56] | Our readers will want to know. | 读者会想知道 |
[05:02] | No. No, not at the moment. | 不 没有 暂时没有 |
[05:04] | Really? That surprises me. | 真的吗 我很意外 |
[05:07] | Yeah, well, I guess that’s, uh, | 是啊 我猜这个 |
[05:09] | that’s one piece of the puzzle I haven’t quite figured out yet. | 这个是我还没太参透的一个谜团 |
[05:13] | There’s still time. | 还有时间 |
[05:15] | Oh, I should probably turn this off. | 我大概该把这个关掉 |
[05:19] | You still use those things? | 你还用录音笔呢 |
[05:20] | I thought young reporters these days just used their iPhone. | 我以为年轻记者都只用手机了 |
[05:23] | Well, I’m not that young, | 我没那么年轻 |
[05:24] | and the batteries on these things last longer. | 而且这东西的电池更持久 |
[05:27] | The last time I saw one, I was | 上次我见录音笔时 还是 |
[05:28] | interviewing a friend in Freshman Psych. | 上大一心理课时 采访朋友 |
[05:31] | Oh, you know, speaking of friends, | 说起朋友 |
[05:33] | could I call some of them? | 我能联系其中一些吗 |
[05:35] | You know, to round out the picture? | 使文章更加立体 |
[05:36] | Who is Noah Solloway, the man? | 诺亚·索洛维是何方神圣 |
[05:40] | Sure. Of course. | 行 没问题 |
[05:41] | I can do that. | 我可以 |
[05:43] | I can… talk… for the article. | 给文章 接受采访 |
[05:46] | You’re Petra Ranes. I love your work. | 你是佩特拉·瑞斯 我喜欢你的文章 |
[05:48] | I-I read everything you write. | 你写的我都读过 |
[05:50] | Oh, thanks. Uh, who are you? | 谢谢 你是谁 |
[05:52] | I’m the principal, actually. | 我其实是校长 |
[05:54] | Of this, uh, school. | 这所学校校长 |
[05:57] | But we’re also friends. | 但我们也是朋友 |
[05:59] | And I’m a novelist, too, so we have that whole | 我也是个小说家 所以我们… |
[06:01] | simpatico thing going, and– | 很志趣相投 而且 |
[06:02] | You know what? I-I’ll, uh, I’ll think of a couple of names | 这样吧 我写一些名单 |
[06:04] | – and get back to you. – Great. | -然后再联系你 -好极了 |
[06:06] | – Thank you for your time. – Thank you. | -感谢你抽出时间 -谢谢 |
[06:16] | Vanity Fair? | 《名利场》 |
[06:21] | This is gonna be big for you. | 你要发达了 |
[06:24] | – We’ll see. – I mean, this is… | -再看吧 -这可是… |
[06:26] | top-tier literary recognition. | 对你文学成就的最高认可 |
[06:28] | That’s rarified air. | 高处不胜寒啊 |
[06:30] | You want to go out? Celebrate tonight? | 你想出去吗 今晚庆祝下 |
[06:32] | Talk about our craft? | 谈谈写作技艺 |
[06:34] | Uh, no. I got to, um, | 不行 我得 |
[06:35] | I got to have dinner with my daughter, | 我得和女儿吃晚餐 |
[06:37] | and then I’m gonna be on set till-till late, so… | 然后我会在片场待到比较晚 所以 |
[06:39] | “I’m gonna be on set.” | “我会在片场” |
[06:41] | Jesus, man. Who are you? | 天哪 你是何方神圣 |
[06:43] | It’s okay, I stay up late. I’ll call you. | 没事 我睡得晚 我给你打电话 |
[06:45] | I mean, I got to buy a beer for the man who has it all. | 我得给功成名就的朋友买瓶啤酒 |
[06:48] | Maybe. | 再说吧 |
[07:02] | Is Colin coming, or should we just order? | 科林来吗 还是我们先点菜 |
[07:04] | Uh, no. He’ll be here. He just… | 不用 他会来的 他只是 |
[07:06] | When he works, he can get carried away, | 他工作时比较投入 |
[07:08] | lose track of time. | 会忘记时间 |
[07:10] | I can’t believe you’re getting married. | 我真不敢相信你要结婚了 |
[07:12] | I know. Me either. | 是啊 我也是 |
[07:16] | – You okay? – Yeah, I’m fine. | -你还好吗 -嗯 我没事 |
[07:19] | – How’s work? – Work’s fine. | -工作如何 -工作还行 |
[07:25] | Whit. | 惠特 |
[07:27] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[07:29] | I don’t want to pry, but you seem kind of, I don’t know. | 我不想打探 但你有点 我说不好 |
[07:32] | I’m just tired, Dad. | 我就是累了 老爸 |
[07:33] | I-I have to be at the gallery by seven every morning. | 我每天早上七点前要赶到艺术廊 |
[07:36] | We don’t have air conditioning ’cause Andrea’s too cheap. | 安德里亚太小气了不给我们装空调 |
[07:38] | It’s hot as hell and, you know, I’m doing everything: | 都快热死了 我还什么活都得干 |
[07:41] | I-I hang the art, I man the phones, I keep the books. | 我挂画 接电话 记账 |
[07:43] | All she does is check her Raya profile and freak out. | 她就只看她的拉亚档案然后发疯 |
[07:46] | What’s a…? Never mind. | 那是什么… 算了 |
[07:48] | So you don’t like this job? | 这么说你不喜欢这份工作 |
[07:49] | I mean, it beats copy editing Art Forum. | 比艺术论坛审稿要好 |
[07:52] | Well, maybe you could find another gallery | 也许你可以另找一家 |
[07:54] | where the boss is a little more reasonable. | 老板通情达理的艺术廊 |
[07:55] | I can’t quit. We need the money. | 我不能辞职 我们需要钱 |
[07:57] | Colin still can’t work ’cause of his visa situation, so… | 科林因为签证问题还不能工作 所以… |
[08:00] | Well, would it help if I gave you the money, | 我给你钱行不行 |
[08:03] | – just to- – Oh, no. Thanks, Dad. | -好让你… -不 谢了老爸 |
[08:05] | That’s-that’s not it. It’s just that… | 不是钱的事 我只是… |
[08:07] | like, when I come home from a long day of work | 辛苦一天回到家的时候 |
[08:08] | and I just want to, you know, | 我就想 |
[08:09] | have a glass of wine and watch The Kardashians, | 喝上一杯 看《卡戴珊姐妹》 |
[08:11] | I can’t because Colin’s all over me to study. | 但是不行 因为科林总是缠着我练习 |
[08:14] | – Study? – Yeah, for his immigration interview. | -练习 -是的 为他移民面试做准备 |
[08:16] | You know, they put us in separate rooms, | 他们让我俩待在不同房间 |
[08:18] | and if we don’t get every single question perfectly, | 要是回答问题稍有差错 |
[08:20] | Colin doesn’t get his citizenship. | 科林都没法入籍 |
[08:21] | Oh, hold on, hold on. Thank you. | 等一下 等一下 谢谢 |
[08:27] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:29] | You remind me of your mother. | 你让我想起了你妈妈 |
[08:31] | Because I’m an alcoholic? | 因为我爱喝酒吗 |
[08:33] | No. | 不 |
[08:35] | ‘Cause you’re so beautiful. | 因为你真美 |
[08:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:41] | Whitney… | 惠特尼… |
[08:44] | this marriage thing, you don’t have to do it, you know. | 结婚这事 你不是非做不可 |
[08:48] | It seems rushed. | 太仓促了 |
[08:49] | Yeah, but actually, Dad, I do, | 是的 老爸 但实际上我非结不可 |
[08:50] | because if I don’t, then Colin has to leave the country. | 因为如果我不结婚 科林就得离开美国 |
[08:52] | Well, not forever, right? | 又不是永远离开 对吗 |
[08:54] | I mean, maybe that’s for the best. | 也许那样最好 |
[08:56] | He can go home, he can establish himself there, | 他可以回家 他可在家乡立足 |
[08:58] | and then apply for citizenship on his own merit. | 然后凭借自己的能力申请入籍 |
[09:00] | What are you talking about? I’m not gonna let him get deported. | 你说什么呢 我不会让他被驱逐出境的 |
[09:02] | I-I love him. | 我爱他 |
[09:03] | I just… | 我只是… |
[09:05] | I don’t think it’s supposed to be this hard, Whitney. | 我觉得你不该过得这么苦 惠特尼 |
[09:08] | You are so young. | 你这么年轻 |
[09:10] | It’s too early to be this hard. | 过这样的苦日子还太早 |
[09:12] | I don’t know if you remember, Mr. Big Shot, | 不知道你还记不记得 大人物先生 |
[09:14] | but you were a struggling artist once, too. | 你也曾是个苦苦挣扎的艺术家 |
[09:16] | Mom didn’t leave you. | 妈妈并没有离你而去 |
[09:18] | I mean, you left her 20 years later, but… | 虽然20年后你离开了她 不过… |
[09:24] | Whitney, I… I had a job. | 惠特尼 我那时有工作 |
[09:27] | I was a teacher. | 我是一名教师 |
[09:28] | I never let your mother support me. | 我从没让你妈妈养我 |
[09:30] | – Look, I’m not saying he’s not a good guy… – Sorry. | -我不是说他不是好人 -抱歉 |
[09:32] | Sorry, Mr. Solloway. | 抱歉 索洛维先生 |
[09:36] | How are you doing? | 你好啊 |
[09:38] | I got a bit lost in the work. | 我忙起来忘了时间 |
[09:41] | Have we ordered? | 点菜了吗 |
[09:43] | No. Here. | 还没 给你 |
[09:45] | – Here you go. – Oh, thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[09:51] | Do they do vegan? | 他们做素食吗 |
[10:08] | Long time. | 好久不联系 |
[10:11] | I know. At least a month, right? | 是啊 至少一个月了 是吧 |
[10:15] | It’s three, actually. | 其实是三个月 |
[10:18] | Has it been three months? | 已经三个月了吗 |
[10:19] | Time really does fly when you’re busy. | 人忙的时候时间总是过得飞快 |
[10:24] | Why are you calling, Janelle? | 什么事 贾内尔 |
[10:26] | I feel badly about the way things ended between us. | 我对我们之间的结局感到很难过 |
[10:30] | You mean, when you disappeared after my ex-wife’s boyfriend’s funeral | 你是说 你在我前妻男友葬礼后失踪 |
[10:33] | and then never returned my calls? | 然后再也不接我电话吗 |
[10:35] | Yes. I’d actually like to explain some things in person. | 是的 我想亲自解释一些事情 |
[10:37] | Are you free tonight? | 今晚有空吗 |
[10:39] | It’d have to be pretty late. | 很晚才有空 |
[10:42] | I don’t mind waiting up. | 我愿意等 |
[10:51] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[10:52] | I can’t stop thinking about you. | 我无法停止想念你 |
[10:54] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[10:56] | I like everything about you. | 我喜欢你的一切 |
[10:58] | I could be wanted in four states. | 我可能被四个州通缉 |
[11:01] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[11:03] | I’ll take my chances. | 我愿意碰碰运气 |
[11:05] | We don’t know anything about each other. | 我们对彼此一无所知 |
[11:10] | I am never gonna leave my wife. | 我永远不会离开我的妻子 |
[11:13] | I don’t expect you to. | 我也不指望你离开 |
[11:15] | And she can never find out. | 也绝不能让他发现 |
[11:18] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[11:19] | You still want to do this? | 你还想这样做吗 |
[11:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:27] | And cut. | 停 |
[11:29] | – All right. – Wasn’t that great? | -好 -演得真好不是吗 |
[11:31] | They’re so great together. | 他们两个真有默契 |
[11:33] | Wh-Why are you here? | 你怎么会在这 |
[11:34] | You come- You looking for me? | 你… 你来找我吗 |
[11:36] | Oh, no. Uh, I might have a… | 不 我来这… |
[11:39] | sort of a work opportunity here. | 或许能找到工作 |
[11:41] | What? On the movie? | 什么 拍电影吗 |
[11:42] | No-no-no-no-no, just through people connected with the movie. | 不不不 只是通过和电影有关的人 |
[11:46] | I don’t want to say too much about it, | 我不想说得太多 |
[11:47] | in case it doesn’t happen. | 万一不成呢 |
[11:49] | How was dinner with, uh, Colin and Whitney? | 跟科林和惠特尼的晚餐怎么样 |
[11:52] | It was fine. | 挺好的 |
[11:55] | She looks kind of exhausted, though, don’t you think? | 不过她看起来有点累 你不觉得吗 |
[11:57] | I mean, burning the candle at both ends. | 两边都耗费太多精力 |
[11:59] | Well, she’s trying to climb the ladder. | 她在努力往上爬 |
[12:02] | Hate seeing her like this. | 我不喜欢看她这样 |
[12:03] | Actually, I think, for the first time in her life, | 我觉得 她这辈子第一次 |
[12:05] | she’s acting like an adult. | 活得像个大人 |
[12:08] | But if you want to freak out about something, | 但如果你想对某件事感到恐慌 |
[12:09] | you can freak out about the fact | 你可以对她 |
[12:10] | that she wants to get married at my parents’ house, | 想在我父母家结婚这件事恐慌 |
[12:12] | and, uh, they’re trying to sell it. | 还有他们想卖掉房子 |
[12:15] | Wait, your parents are selling? | 等等 你父母要卖房子 |
[12:16] | – That’s what I hear. – Why? | -我听说是这样的 -为什么 |
[12:18] | I don’t know. I can’t get a straight answer out of my mother. | 不知道 没法从我妈那里打听到原因 |
[12:20] | Like, my father made some bad business investments, | 比如 我爸的一些投资失败 |
[12:23] | which really doesn’t sound like him. | 但他不是这样的人 |
[12:24] | – So I’m… – Helen. | -所以我… -海伦 |
[12:27] | About your father… | 关于你父亲… |
[12:28] | Just the man I need to see. | 正是我想见的人 |
[12:30] | Noah Solloway, quick word? | 诺亚·索洛维 说几句话行吗 |
[12:32] | Sure. Yeah. Yeah. Sure. | 当然 好的 好的 |
[12:34] | Walk with me. | 跟我来 |
[12:36] | Sorry. Don’t go anywhere. | 抱歉 别走开 |
[12:38] | Uh, I’m here. | 我就在这 |
[12:46] | I just think we need to make some decisions, Noah, | 我觉得我们得做些决定 诺亚 |
[12:50] | about who this character really is. | 决定这个角色究竟是谁 |
[12:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:54] | In that last scene, | 在上一个场景中 |
[12:57] | Daniel tells Lana that he’s never gonna leave his wife. Okay? | 丹尼尔告诉拉娜绝不会离开自己的妻子 |
[13:02] | Now, does he say that | 那么 他这样说 |
[13:04] | because he’s a fundamentally good man | 是因为他本质上是个好人 |
[13:06] | who’s trying to be honest about what he has to give her? | 想要诚实地告诉她他不得不说的话 |
[13:08] | Or… does he say that as some sort of manipulation, | 还是… 他这样说是为了操纵 |
[13:13] | so that she will think whatever happens next | 这样一来后面无论发生什么 |
[13:16] | is actually her own fault? | 她都会认为是自己的错 |
[13:18] | I mean… the first one. | 我认为 是第一种 |
[13:20] | Because what I just did now, | 因为我刚才 |
[13:22] | I shot it both ways so I can decide in editing, | 这两种都拍了 这样剪辑时我就能做决定 |
[13:24] | but I’m not gonna shoot the whole fucking movie like that. | 但我不会整部电影都这么拍 |
[13:28] | I want to stop doing that tomorrow. | 我想明天就停止这样拍 |
[13:29] | And I know what I think is more interesting, | 我知道我的想法更有趣 |
[13:32] | but, I mean, you’re the writer. | 不过 你才是作者 |
[13:35] | Well, I mean, he’s a, he’s a, | 我认为 他是个 他是个 |
[13:38] | he’s a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[13:39] | He’s-he’s a family man. | 他是个顾家的男人 |
[13:40] | He’s never done anything like this before, | 以前从没干过这样的事 |
[13:41] | and he’s-he’s just swept up in something beyond his control. | 他陷入了一件他无法控制的事情 |
[13:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:47] | Which reminds me, | 这提醒了我 |
[13:49] | we haven’t talked about the ending. | 我们还没谈谈结局 |
[13:52] | What about it? | 结局怎么了 |
[13:54] | I think it might be worth revisiting. | 我认为结局可能需要调整 |
[13:56] | I mean, it’s, it’s all connected, you see. | 这一切是紧密相连的 |
[14:01] | What ending would you like? | 你想要什么样的结局 |
[14:03] | What if… he went back to his wife? | 要是他回到了他妻子身边呢 |
[14:10] | Why would he do that? | 他为什么会这么做 |
[14:11] | If he’s undone, as you say, by transgression… | 如果他如你所说 因为犯罪而堕落 |
[14:15] | He can’t just go back to his wife. | 他不能就这样回到他妻子身边 |
[14:17] | That’s the whole point. | 这是问题的关键 |
[14:18] | He-He’s-he’s destroyed everything. | 他毁掉了一切 |
[14:21] | It’s Butch Cassidy, it’s Thelma & Louise. | 就像布奇·卡西迪和末路狂花的亡命之徒一样 |
[14:22] | He can’t go back, he’s… he has to keep going further, | 他不能回去 他得继续远走高飞 |
[14:26] | until there’s nowhere left to go. | 直到无路可走 |
[14:33] | Oh, my God, you’re just such a moralist, aren’t you? | 天啊 你真是个道德家 不是吗 |
[14:36] | I mean… everyone has to pay for their crimes. | 所有人都得为他们的罪行付出代价 |
[14:41] | It’s so puritanical and so adorably American. | 这是多么清教徒式又可爱的美国式想法 |
[14:47] | Listen, if it’s too much of a left turn, I totally understand. | 如果这对你来说太离谱 我完全理解 |
[14:50] | I mean, you’ve been thinking of this one way | 你已经用一种方式思考这个问题 |
[14:52] | for a very, very long time. | 很久很久了 |
[14:53] | Okay, good. | 好的 |
[14:54] | So you don’t mind if I take a pass myself? | 要是我自作主张 你不介意吧 |
[15:00] | With the script? | 改剧本吗 |
[15:01] | Just the scenes for tomorrow. | 就只改明天的戏份 |
[15:05] | No, that-that’s… | 不 那是… |
[15:07] | – that’s my job. – Yes, it is. | -那是我的职责 -对 没错 |
[15:10] | So you’ll do it? | 所以你会改吧 |
[15:12] | Well, I think it works as it is. | 我认为原本的剧情没问题 |
[15:14] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[15:31] | Okay, I’ll take another look. | 好吧 我会再看看 |
[15:36] | Great. | 很好 |
[15:37] | That’s why it’s so fucking great to have the writer on set. | 这就是有编剧在现场的好处 |
[15:40] | They’re usually never here. | 他们通常都不会来 |
[15:43] | And now, if you’ll excuse me, | 如果你不见怪的话 |
[15:45] | I have to go and get undressed and have some sex. | 我得去脱衣去拍床戏了 |
[16:17] | Sorry. Me again. | 抱歉 又是我 |
[16:19] | Erica, script supervisor. | 我是场记艾瑞卡 |
[16:20] | Uh, in the sex scene, | 在这场床戏中 |
[16:22] | how important is the exact wording? | 角色的措辞有多重要 |
[16:24] | You have scripted all the “oh, Gods” and the “yeses,” | 你写的都是”天啊” “太棒了” |
[16:27] | but actors don’t always stick to that, | 但演员们不总是按照剧本来说 |
[16:28] | so ca-can they wing it, or…? | 他们能自由发挥吗 还是… |
[16:31] | Yeah. | 好 |
[16:32] | No. I mean, I… | 不 我… |
[16:34] | I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:37] | It’s not especially clear. | 我不是很清楚 |
[16:39] | Uh, they can… they can do what they… what they want. | 他们可以自由发挥 |
[16:51] | Um, listen up, people. | 大家听着 |
[16:55] | It’s been a long day, and we’re now down | 这是漫长的一天 我们现在 |
[16:57] | to a skeleton crew for this final, intimate scene. | 最后一幕床戏只剩少数工作人员了 |
[17:00] | So, as a thank you to all you stalwarts | 你们从今早六点就来了 |
[17:02] | who’ve been here since, like, 6 a.m. this morning, | 为了感谢你们的辛勤劳动 |
[17:04] | I’m taking you out tonight for karaoke and drinks. | 今晚我请你们去唱歌喝酒 |
[17:10] | All right, let’s shoot some sex. | 好 开拍床戏吧 |
[17:12] | Can I have my glasses, please? | 请把我的眼镜拿来 |
[17:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:27] | Listen, I got an idea to save your parents’ place. | 我有办法救你父母的房子了 |
[17:30] | – You do? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[17:32] | How about we move back east? | 我们搬回东海岸怎么样 |
[17:36] | What… what do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[17:38] | Well, you came to L.A. for Vik, I came for the kids. | 你为了维克来到洛杉矶 我为孩子们而来 |
[17:42] | Neither of us really like it here. | 我们都不是真的喜欢这里 |
[17:44] | Why don’t you sell your house in the hills | 为什么不卖掉山庄的房子 |
[17:46] | and use the money to buy your parents’ place? | 用钱买下你父母的房子 |
[17:48] | I’m not moving back east. | 我不要搬回东海岸 |
[17:50] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[17:51] | Well, because Trevor and Stacey are in school here, | 因为特雷弗和史黛丝在这里上学 |
[17:53] | and they have friends, and they’re doing really well, | 他们在这里有朋友 过得很好 |
[17:56] | and I actually… | 我其实 |
[17:58] | I’m kind of starting to like L.A. | 开始有点喜欢洛杉矶了 |
[18:01] | But I thought you hated it. | 但我以为你讨厌这里 |
[18:04] | What changed? | 什么改变了 |
[18:05] | Can I get everyone’s attention? | 大家请注意 |
[18:07] | Next up is… love scene. | 接下来是床戏 |
[18:09] | Love scene equals a closed set. | 床戏等同于封闭现场 |
[18:11] | So if you’re not essential personnel, | 所以如果不是必要人员 |
[18:13] | I’m gonna need you to leave. Thanks. | 请你们离开 谢谢 |
[18:15] | Did you drive here? | 你是开车来的吗 |
[18:16] | – You need a ride home? – I’m staying. | -需要载你回家吗 -我要留下来 |
[18:18] | But you can’t stay. It’s the last scene of the day. | 但你不能留在这里 这是今天的最后一场戏 |
[18:20] | – You’re not allowed to watch. – Yeah, but didn’t you hear? | -你不能看 -嗯 但你没听到吗 |
[18:22] | Sasha’s taking everyone out to karaoke after. That sounds fun. | 萨莎之后要带大家去唱歌 这听起来很好玩 |
[18:25] | First team’s landed! | 第一团队已就位 |
[18:44] | Okay, this is a closed set. | 这是封闭现场 |
[18:45] | No, it’s not. I got to get… | 不 不行 我得… |
[18:49] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[18:55] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[18:56] | Hold the roll! | 暂停拍摄 |
[18:57] | Is something wrong, man? | 有事吗 伙计 |
[18:58] | You’re really not supposed to be in here. | 你真的不应该来这里 |
[19:01] | No. No, it’s nothing. | 不 不 没什么 |
[19:02] | It’s just, um, uh, your accent in that last scene… | 只是你在上一场戏的口音 |
[19:05] | – Yeah. – just sounded a little British. | -怎么了 -听起来有点英腔 |
[19:07] | – No, it didn’t. – It did. I thought it did. | -不 我没有 -有 我觉得你有 |
[19:08] | – Well, it didn’t. Get out. – I thought it did. Okay. | -我没有 滚出去 -我以为有 好 |
[19:11] | Get the fuck out. | 滚出去 |
[19:12] | Okay. Sorry, thanks. | 好 抱歉 谢谢 |
[19:40] | Noah, you came. | 诺亚 你来了 |
[19:45] | Oh, that’s sweet, but I have an early morning. | 你真贴心 但我明天要早起 |
[19:48] | 贾内尔·威尔逊 竞选学校董事 | |
[19:49] | What’s going on? | 你们在干什么 |
[19:49] | I’m, uh… I’m running for school board. | 我要竞选联合校董 |
[19:52] | Wow. Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:53] | Yup. If the system won’t change for me, | 对 如果学校体系不能为我改变 |
[19:55] | I’m gonna change the system. | 那我就要自己改变体系 |
[19:57] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[19:59] | You came. Hey, so we’re all set | 你来了 我们都准备好 |
[20:01] | for the appearance at First Baptist tomorrow. | 出席明天的第一浸信会了 |
[20:03] | I should go home, shower, change my shirt. | 我该回家洗个澡 换件衣服 |
[20:07] | Give you two time to talk. | 让你们俩谈谈 |
[20:10] | Thank you for everything. | 谢谢你做的一切 |
[20:12] | of course. | 不客气 |
[20:15] | Don’t wait up. | 别等我 |
[20:17] | We gonna win this thing? | 我们会赢吗 |
[20:19] | Yeah! | 会的 |
[20:21] | Damn right. Good to see you. | 太对了 很高兴见到你 |
[20:25] | I’ll make us some tea. | 我去泡点茶 |
[20:37] | So, you and Carl? | 你和卡尔 |
[20:39] | Yeah, we’re back together. | 没错 我们重归于好了 |
[20:40] | I can see that. How’s that working out? | 我看出来了 怎么样 |
[20:43] | It’s wonderful. | 很棒 |
[20:45] | I’m really happy. | 我真的很开心 |
[20:46] | Good for you. | 挺好的 |
[20:49] | Is that why you wanted to talk to me? | 你就是为此想跟我谈谈吗 |
[20:51] | No. Of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[20:53] | Please sit. | 请坐 |
[21:01] | So… Carl and I were talking, and, uh, | 我和卡尔谈过了 |
[21:05] | he’s really got such a brilliant mind for this stuff. | 他对这种事很有想法 |
[21:09] | And we realized, in running for the board, | 我们意识到 在竞选校董中 |
[21:12] | I’m running on my record as a tough, principled educator | 我是以一个强硬 有原则的教育家 |
[21:16] | and administrator. | 和管理者的身份参选 |
[21:19] | Thing is… | 问题是… |
[21:21] | it’s important that that record not get… muddied. | 我不能有污点 这很重要 |
[21:30] | What, you mean you and me? | 什么 你说我和你吗 |
[21:31] | As my campaign manager, Carl just… | 作为我的竞选经理 卡尔… |
[21:33] | he-he doesn’t love the optics around our relationship, | 他不喜欢我们之间的关系 |
[21:36] | given that I was your boss. | 基于我是你老板的情况 |
[21:38] | So that’s why you finally call me? | 所以你才打给我 |
[21:41] | To make sure I never tell anyone that we were together? | 确保我不会告诉任何人我们在一起过 |
[21:44] | I feel like this is upsetting you. | 我感觉这让你不高兴了 |
[21:46] | You didn’t return my calls for three months, Janelle. | 你三个月没回我电话 贾内尔 |
[21:49] | After everything we went through, | 在我们经历了那么多事之后 |
[21:50] | you don’t think I deserve some kind of explanation? | 你不觉得我应该得到一个解释吗 |
[21:52] | I didn’t… I didn’t know what to say. | 我不… 我不知道要说什么 |
[21:54] | Well, you’re a fucking adult, aren’t you? | 你他妈是个成年人了 不是吗 |
[21:56] | I mean, you couldn’t figure it out? | 你就不能自己理清楚吗 |
[21:57] | I don’t appreciate that language. | 我不喜欢你的口气 |
[21:59] | – Oh, Jesus Christ. – Noah, get a grip. | -天 -诺亚 控制一下自己 |
[22:02] | I thought you fucking hated each other. | 我以为你俩彼此憎恨 |
[22:04] | You could barely be in the same room. | 你们连待在一个房间都忍受不了 |
[22:05] | – Things change. – That’s such bullshit. | -事情是会变的 -真是扯淡 |
[22:08] | Okay, how about this? | 好吧 那这么说你看可以吗 |
[22:10] | I don’t actually think I owe you an explanation. | 我并不觉得我欠你个解释 |
[22:13] | We dated for a while, it didn’t work out. | 我们约会过一阵子 但并没有成功 |
[22:17] | And now all I’m asking is that you keep your mouth shut | 我现在只求你闭嘴 别把我们的事说出去 |
[22:19] | so that I can have a chance to win this campaign | 这样我就有机会赢得竞选 |
[22:22] | and make a real difference in the lives of the children | 真正改变那些 |
[22:24] | you purport to care so much about. | 你自称非常关心的学生们的生活 |
[22:28] | Okay? | 可以吗 |
[22:33] | Sure. | 可以 |
[22:35] | Good luck with the campaign. | 祝你竞选成功 |
[22:37] | Thanks for the tea. | 谢谢你的茶 |
[22:39] | Noah, wait. | 诺亚 等等 |
[22:42] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:44] | I didn’t mean to hurt you. | 我不是有意伤害你的 |
[22:46] | It’s just that… | 只是… |
[22:48] | Carl and I… | 卡尔和我… |
[22:51] | have a history. | 我们有一段过往 |
[22:53] | A child, a whole life. | 一个孩子 一辈子都纠缠在一起 |
[22:56] | Yeah, and you broke up ’cause he cheated on you. | 是 你和他分手是因为他劈腿了 |
[22:58] | What makes you think this time is gonna be any different? | 你凭什么觉得这次会有所不同 |
[23:01] | Because we’re different people now. | 因为现在我们是不同的人了 |
[23:04] | Look, I think when I was young, I… | 我认为在我们年轻的时候 我… |
[23:07] | I fell in love with his potential. | 我爱上了他的潜力 |
[23:11] | But now that I’ve lived a while, | 但经过这段日子 |
[23:13] | I’ve learned to love him for who he actually is. | 我学会了爱他本来的样子 |
[23:56] | *I been watching you a while* | *我已经看了你一阵子* |
[23:58] | *Maybe you’ve been watching me, too* | *也许你也在看着我* |
[24:04] | *So somebody ran out* | *有的人走了* |
[24:08] | *And left your heart in a mess* | *让你的心一团乱麻* |
[24:13] | *But if you’re looking for love* | *但如果你在寻找爱* |
[24:17] | *Honey, I’m tougher* | *亲爱的 我比其他人* |
[24:19] | *Than the rest…* | *更坚强…* |
[24:26] | Isn’t he funny? | 他很有趣吧 |
[24:28] | *Or some good-lookin’ Joe…* | *或某个好看的人…* |
[24:30] | He’s a terrible singer. | 他唱得真烂 |
[24:31] | Yeah, it’s horrifying. | 是的 太可怕了 |
[24:33] | *On their arm, some girl like a sweet-talkin’ Romeo…* | *有的女孩喜欢嘴甜的罗密欧* |
[24:38] | Hey, is there something you want to tell me? | 你有什么想要告诉我的吗 |
[24:41] | What? | 什么 |
[24:43] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[24:44] | Oh, my God, you’re here! | 我的天 你来了 |
[24:47] | – Hi, how are you? – I’m good now. | -你好 你怎么样 -挺好的 |
[24:51] | *So if you’re rough enough for love * | *所以如果你足够坚强去爱* |
[24:54] | *Honey, I’m tougher than the rest* | *亲爱的 我比其余人要坚强* |
[25:01] | *The road is dark* | *路上很暗* |
[25:05] | *And it’s a thin* | *就差* |
[25:07] | *Thin line* | *就差一点* |
[25:11] | *But I want you…* | *但我想要你…* |
[25:13] | *Are ringing* | *鸣响* |
[25:15] | *For me and my gal…* | *为我和我的…* |
[25:21] | – What the hell? – Oh, this. | -搞什么 -这个 |
[25:24] | this is just vitamin B. | 这是维生素B |
[25:25] | – What are you doing, man? – Trying to fight a cold. | -你在干什么 -想抵御感冒 |
[25:27] | – With Helen. – What do you mean? | -和海伦 -你什么意思 |
[25:29] | She just lost someone, okay? | 她刚刚失去了一个人 好吗 |
[25:31] | She’s in a very fragile place. | 她现在很脆弱 |
[25:32] | So I think it’d be the better part of valor… | 所以我想最好… |
[25:36] | You’re Sasha Mann. | 你是萨莎·曼 |
[25:37] | Yeah, last time I checked. | 是的 据我所知是这样的 |
[25:39] | Think I could get a picture? | 我能和你合张照吗 |
[25:40] | Why don’t we do this? | 为什么不呢 |
[25:41] | Why don’t you and I share a real moment | 你我为什么不分享一个真正的时刻 |
[25:45] | where we sort of really see each other, hmm? | 我们真的能互相看见彼此的时刻呢 |
[25:48] | How does that sound? | 怎么样 |
[25:53] | – Thanks. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 |
[25:57] | – Look, Sasha– – You’re very competitive, aren’t you? | -萨莎… -你竞争心很重 对吗 |
[25:59] | Territorial. About women especially. | 地盘意识 尤其是关于女人的 |
[26:02] | I saw it that morning in the café. | 我那天早上在咖啡馆看出来的 |
[26:03] | I’m not territorial. | 我并不是关注自己领土的人 |
[26:05] | I care about her. | 我关心她 |
[26:07] | She’s the mother of my children. | 她是我孩子的母亲 |
[26:08] | She’s my best friend. | 她是我最好的朋友 |
[26:13] | Whom you lied to, cheated on, and left. | 你欺骗了她 出轨了她 还离开了她 |
[26:17] | Yet I’m the one she needs to be protected from. | 却还觉得她该防着的是我 |
[26:21] | Look, it’s more complicated than that. | 情况要比那复杂 |
[26:23] | Please. | 拜托 |
[26:24] | See, this is why | 看 这就是为什么 |
[26:26] | you don’t understand the character. | 你不理解人物 |
[26:28] | What? | 什么 |
[26:30] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[26:31] | Noah, you can’t see yourself, and you never could, | 诺亚 你看不清你自己 你永远都看不清 |
[26:34] | and that’s why you never get what you want. | 所以你得不到你想要的 |
[26:38] | Now, are you going to let me leave the men’s room, | 现在 我可以离开厕所了吗 |
[26:41] | or are we going to have a problem? | 还是我们要有麻烦了 |
[26:54] | *You put in my hands* | *你把上膛的枪放到我手里* |
[26:57] | *A loaded gun and then told me not to fire it* | *告诉我开枪* |
[27:03] | *When you did the things you said were up to me * | *当你做了你说由我决定的事* |
[27:06] | *And then accused me of trying to fuck it up* | *然后指责我想把事情搞砸* |
[27:10] | *But you’ve never been a waste of my time * | *但你永远都不会是浪费我的时间* |
[27:14] | *It’s never been a drag* | *永远都不会是拖累* |
[27:18] | *So take a deep breath and count back from ten* | *所以深呼吸 从十开始倒数* |
[27:22] | *And maybe you’ll be all right * | *也许你会没事的* |
[27:26] | *And the license said you had to stick around * | *允许你留下来* |
[27:30] | *Until I was dead * | *直到我死亡的那天* |
[27:34] | *But if you’re tired of looking at my face* | *但如果你厌倦了看我的脸* |
[27:38] | *I guess I already am* | *我想我已经是了* |
[27:42] | *But you’ve never been a…* | *但你绝不…* |
[27:44] | *If you come and be* | *如果你来* |
[27:46] | *My sweet baby, mine* | *我的宝贝 我的* |
[27:50] | *Because I…* | *因为我…* |
[27:55] | *Ain’t got nobody…* | *没人…* |
[28:00] | What? | 什么 |
[28:01] | *’Cause nobody cares for me* | *因为没人在乎我* |
[28:12] | Okay, Erica. Erica, | 好了 艾瑞卡 艾瑞卡 |
[28:14] | you are next. | 接下来是你 |
[28:15] | Here she comes. All right, Erica. | 她来了 好了 艾瑞卡 |
[28:17] | Let’s hear it for Erica. | 让我们听听艾瑞卡的歌喉 |
[28:20] | There you go, sweetheart. | 给 亲爱的 |
[28:24] | – Hey, everybody. – Sorry, man, let me, uh… | -大家好 -抱歉 我… |
[28:26] | Uh, so this song means a lot to me. | 这首歌对我很重要 |
[28:27] | Sorry, Erica. Can I…? | 抱歉 艾瑞卡 我能… |
[28:29] | Can I…? You don’t mind. | 我能… 别介意 |
[28:30] | Tom Petty, “Listen to Her Heart.” | 汤姆·佩帝《听从自己的内心》 |
[28:32] | Okay? Yeah. | 可以吗 好 |
[28:34] | – You don’t mind, do you? – No, it’s fine. Yeah. | -你不介意吧 -不 没事的 没事 |
[28:36] | You can go on the next one. | 你可以下一个唱 |
[28:37] | – Sure. Next time. – Please. | -当然 下一个 -麻烦了 |
[28:42] | *You think you’re gonna take her away* | *你觉得你能带走她* |
[28:46] | *With your money and your cocaine* | *用你的钱和可卡因* |
[28:50] | *Keep thinkin’ that her mind is gonna change* | *一直想着她会改变主意* |
[28:53] | *But I know everything is okay* | *但我知道一切都好* |
[28:56] | *She’s gonna listen to her heart* | *她会听从自己的内心* |
[29:01] | *It’s gonna tell her what to do* | *她的心会告诉她怎么做* |
[29:05] | *She might need a lot of lovin’* | *她可能需要很多爱* |
[29:07] | *But she don’t need…* | *但她不需要…* |
[29:15] | What the fuck? | 怎么回事 |
[29:21] | Feeling better? | 好点了吗 |
[29:23] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[29:27] | You weren’t super specific about what you wanted, | 你没说清楚想吃什么 |
[29:29] | so I sort of got one of everything. | 所以我每样都点了一份 |
[29:32] | What the…? | 怎么… |
[29:35] | How did we…? | 我们怎么会… |
[29:38] | What are we doing here? | 我们怎么会在这里 |
[29:39] | It was an honor and a privilege to watch you work. | 看你工作真的很荣幸 也很幸运 |
[29:45] | We’re like Kerouac and Burroughs. | 我们就像凯鲁亚克和伯罗斯 |
[29:48] | Who’s who, do you think? | 你觉得谁是谁 |
[29:49] | I mean, obviously you’re Kerouac. | 显然你是凯鲁亚克 |
[29:51] | But I’ll take Burroughs. | 但我愿意当伯罗斯 |
[29:52] | I’ll take that. | 我接受 |
[29:54] | Work? What do you mean, work? | 你说的工作是指什么 |
[29:56] | You were a surgeon, man. | 你简直就是外科医生 |
[30:00] | Wait, what time is it? | 等等 现在几点了 |
[30:01] | Like, six. | 大概六点 |
[30:03] | Haven’t stayed up all night since college. | 我大学之后就没试过熬通宵了 |
[30:05] | It’s invigorating. | 让人精神振奋呢 |
[30:11] | Here. | 给 |
[30:12] | – I already paid. – No, no, it’s fine. | -我已经付钱了 -不 没关系 |
[30:15] | See you, man. | 再见 |
[30:23] | Hi, Noah. | 你好 诺亚 |
[30:24] | So, I’m sorry, but I can’t let you on set today. | 抱歉 但今天我不能让你进片场 |
[30:27] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[30:28] | I guess Mr. Mann wants to limit | 从现在开始 |
[30:30] | the number of people on set from this point forward. | 曼先生想限制片场的人数 |
[30:32] | Just get on your radio thing and call Mr. Mann | 快打开对讲机呼叫曼先生 |
[30:34] | and tell him to come talk to me face-to-face. | 叫他来跟我当面谈 |
[30:36] | I can’t. He’s shooting. | 不行 他在拍摄 |
[30:37] | Yeah, I know. I-I got a rewrite | 我知道 我重写了 |
[30:39] | for the scene he’s shooting right now, | 他现在正在拍的这一幕 |
[30:40] | so I need to get it to him. | 所以我得拿进去给他 |
[30:41] | Oh, that’s okay. He already has it. | 没事 他已经拿到了 |
[30:43] | No, he… What? No. Wha… What? | 不 他… 什么 怎么会 |
[30:46] | Yeah, the new pages came out this morning. | 新剧本今早出来了 |
[30:48] | They’re shooting them right now. | 他们现在正在拍 |
[30:53] | Okay, you fucking call him. Call him now. | 你他妈现在就呼叫他 |
[30:55] | Call him on the radio now. | 立刻用对讲机呼叫他 |
[30:57] | Look at me and call… | 看着我 赶紧呼叫… |
[30:58] | Call them on the fucking radio now! | 赶紧用对讲机呼叫他们 |
[31:01] | Call him now! Fucking call him. | 呼叫他 快他妈呼叫他 |
[31:03] | Jesus, this is the fucking rewrite here! | 老天 这才是重写的剧本 |
[31:06] | Now get him out here! | 快叫他出来 |
[31:10] | 第二话 海伦 | |
[31:11] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[31:14] | This yolk is broken, I’d like to send it back. | 这颗蛋黄破了 我想退掉 |
[31:17] | Right away, ma’am. | 好的 女士 |
[31:20] | Does this look moldy to you? | 你觉得这个是不是发霉了 |
[31:22] | The napkin? | 餐巾吗 |
[31:23] | You know, I’m very allergic to mold. | 我对霉菌严重过敏 |
[31:25] | What is that right there? | 那上面的是什么 |
[31:27] | Uh, it just looks like ketchup. | 看起来只是番茄酱 |
[31:28] | Can’t have mold in my lap. | 可不能把霉菌盖到我腿上 |
[31:30] | I’ll break out in hives. | 我会长疹子的 |
[31:32] | Excuse me. Excuse me, please. | 不好意思 麻烦过来一下 |
[31:34] | Mom, is, is everything okay? | 妈 没出什么事吧 |
[31:36] | I’m fine, why? | 我没事 怎么了 |
[31:38] | You just seem a little tense. | 你看起来有点紧张 |
[31:40] | I’m very worried about you, | 我很担心你 |
[31:41] | I wanted to do something nice for you. | 我想做点让你开心的事 |
[31:43] | Well, this is a very nice place. Thank you. | 这地方很棒 谢谢你 |
[31:46] | Do you think so? | 真的吗 |
[31:47] | Shirley Divets said it was the best restaurant in Los Angeles, | 雪莉·迪维茨说这是全洛杉矶最好的餐厅 |
[31:50] | but she hasn’t been out of Hyannis in 30 years, | 但她过去30年都没离开过海恩尼斯 |
[31:52] | so what does she know? Excuse me. | 所以她懂什么 服务员 |
[31:58] | How’s Dad? | 爸爸怎么样了 |
[32:00] | Why do you ask? | 为什么问起他 |
[32:04] | Because I know he doesn’t usually like it | 因为我知道他通常不喜欢 |
[32:06] | when you’re away. | 你离开 |
[32:07] | And you’ve been here for a while, | 而你已经在这里待了一阵子了 |
[32:08] | so I’m just wondering how he’s doing. | 所以我想知道他怎么样了 |
[32:12] | That’s actually something I wanted to discuss with you. | 事实上我就想跟你商量这事 |
[32:17] | I think it’s time I go home. | 我觉得我该回家了 |
[32:23] | Well, I mean, if you think it’s time. | 如果你觉得该回就回吧 |
[32:25] | I hate the idea of leaving you here alone | 我很不想丢下你一个人 |
[32:28] | in this extraordinarily vulnerable state. | 你现在的状态很脆弱 |
[32:31] | Actually, I’ve been feeling a little bit better lately. So… | 其实我最近感觉好点了 |
[32:33] | But your father has dementia. | 但你父亲有痴呆 |
[32:39] | What? | 什么 |
[32:40] | And he’s… lost all our money. | 他把我们的钱全丢了 |
[32:43] | – What? – Excuse me. | -什么 -不好意思 |
[32:44] | – What? – Ma’am? | -什么 -女士 |
[32:46] | This napkin is covered in mold. | 这餐巾上有霉菌 |
[32:49] | I’d like another. | 我想换一条 |
[32:50] | A clean one. | 要干净的 |
[32:52] | Of course, ma’am. | 没问题 女士 |
[32:54] | I’m going to have a talk with Shirley Divets when I get back. | 我回去后要跟雪莉·迪维茨好好谈谈 |
[32:57] | Tell her she’s too old to be making recommendations. | 告诉她她太老了 不适合再乱推荐 |
[33:00] | She thinks, just because she slept with Warren Beatty in ’67, | 她以为自己在67年时睡过沃伦·比蒂 |
[33:02] | she’s an authority on every– | 就在所有事情上都是权威… |
[33:04] | No, no, no, stop, stop, stop. What… Okay. | 不不不 打住 打住 什么 |
[33:06] | What, what do you mean Dad has dementia? | 你说爸爸有痴呆是什么意思 |
[33:09] | – Alzheimer’s, darling, I think. – Well, how do you know? | -我想是老年痴呆 -你怎么知道的 |
[33:12] | He gets confused, he forgets things. | 他常犯糊涂 忘东忘西的 |
[33:14] | So do I. | 我也是啊 |
[33:15] | It’s not the same thing. | 这不一样 |
[33:17] | The other day, he couldn’t find his keys. | 前几天他找不到钥匙 |
[33:19] | So what? I can never find my car keys. | 那又怎么样 我经常找不到我的车钥匙 |
[33:21] | They were in his hand, Helen. | 钥匙就在他手里 海伦 |
[33:24] | It’s just… | 他只是… |
[33:26] | he didn’t know what they were. | 不知道那是钥匙 |
[33:28] | He didn’t know what they were for. | 不知道是用来干什么的 |
[33:35] | Uh, how long has this been going on? | 这种情况持续多久了 |
[33:38] | For a while. About a year. | 有一阵子了 大概一年 |
[33:40] | And you didn’t tell me? | 你却不告诉我 |
[33:43] | You had a lot of things to worry about. | 你有很多烦心事 |
[33:46] | Oh, my God, it never ends. | 老天 没完没了的 |
[33:49] | I know. | 就是啊 |
[33:49] | It feels like that sometimes, doesn’t it? | 有时感觉就没有结束的一天 是吧 |
[33:52] | And w-wait, who is with him now? Is he alone? | 等等 现在谁陪着他 他一个人在家吗 |
[33:55] | Of course not, Helen. | 当然不是 海伦 |
[33:58] | We have a live-in nurse. | 我们请了个住家护工 |
[33:59] | Norene, and she’s lovely. | 诺琳 她很可爱 |
[34:01] | And she’s very expensive, I can’t afford her. | 她也很贵 我请不起她了 |
[34:04] | That’s why I have to move back. | 所以我得搬回去 |
[34:06] | And, okay, what do you mean he lost all of your money? | 好吧 你说他把你们的钱全丢了是什么意思 |
[34:09] | He gave a lot of it away to charity, | 他把大部分钱都捐给了慈善团体 |
[34:10] | which should have been my first clue | 我当时就该察觉 |
[34:12] | there was something seriously wrong. | 他有不对劲了 |
[34:14] | And he made some idiotic investments. | 他还做了些很蠢的投资 |
[34:17] | It’s not all gone, mind you. | 听着 不是全赔光了 |
[34:18] | We just have to be careful. | 我们只是得谨慎度日 |
[34:20] | If worst comes to worst, we can sell the house. | 万一出现最坏的情况 我们可以把房子卖了 |
[34:22] | Oh, my God. Sell the house? | 天呐 把房子卖了 |
[34:24] | I don’t want to, either. | 我也不想 |
[34:26] | But he needs a lot of care | 但他处处需要别人照料 |
[34:27] | and I can’t manage it on my own. | 我一个人应付不来 |
[34:30] | The money has to come from somewhere. | 总得拿出这笔钱 |
[34:32] | Unless… | 除非… |
[34:37] | Oh, if you’re asking me for money, | 如果你是在向我要钱 |
[34:39] | I don’t have any. Vik left everything to his parents. | 我没钱 维克把一切都留给他父母了 |
[34:41] | Helen, I’m not asking you for money. | 海伦 我不是在向你要钱 |
[34:44] | I’m asking you to move back east | 而是请求你搬回东海岸 |
[34:46] | and help me take care of him. | 帮我照顾他 |
[34:50] | It’d be a way to keep the house. | 这样就能保住房子 |
[34:52] | No, but I… the kids… | 不 但我… 孩子们… |
[34:54] | the kids are in, are in school here. | 孩子们在这里的学校上学 |
[34:56] | There are schools on Long Island. | 长岛也有学校啊 |
[34:58] | Yes, but they’ve only been here a few years. | 是没错 但他们才来这里几年 |
[35:00] | And to move them back this soon would just be unfair. | 这么快就叫他们搬回去 不公平 |
[35:03] | Life isn’t fair. | 生活本就充满不公 |
[35:05] | The sooner they understand that, | 他们越早明白这一点 |
[35:07] | the less disappointed they’ll be. | 他们以后的失望就会越少一些 |
[35:11] | Just wait. | 等等 |
[35:24] | Your father’s dying, Helen. | 你爸快死了 海伦 |
[35:28] | You give someone the best years of your life | 你把大好年华奉献给了一个人 |
[35:31] | while they fuck anything with a hole, | 但他们却色性难改 |
[35:32] | and then you finally get them back, and for what? | 虽然最后他又回到你身边 可那又怎样 |
[35:35] | The worst years of theirs. It’s definitely not fair. | 他们已经到了一生中最糟糕的时候 太不公平了 |
[35:40] | But I did get one thing from him. | 但他确实给了我一些东西 |
[35:44] | I got you. | 那就是你 |
[35:48] | I got my girl. | 我的女儿 |
[35:59] | Sierra? | 谢拉 |
[36:02] | He won’t eat. | 他不喝奶 |
[36:03] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[36:04] | I don’t, I don’t know what’s going on. | 我不知道怎么回事 |
[36:06] | I mean, first he would only take my right breast and then, | 一开始他只吃我右边乳房的奶 |
[36:10] | only if we were bouncing. | 后来要一边摇他会喝 |
[36:11] | And now not at all. | 现在干脆不喝了 |
[36:13] | Here. Eddie? | 来 埃迪 |
[36:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:17] | Come on. | 来 |
[36:18] | Here you go, here. | 喝啊 |
[36:20] | Why are you trying to assault that baby with your breast? | 你为什么要用乳房羞辱你的孩子 |
[36:23] | Mom, stop it. | 妈妈 别说了 |
[36:25] | Can I… here, can I hold him for a minute? | 能让我抱会儿吗 |
[36:26] | – Yes. – Okay. | -当然 -好的 |
[36:28] | Here you go. Okay, sweetie. | 来 好了 亲爱的 |
[36:35] | Oh, he’s hungry. | 他饿了 |
[36:37] | Yeah, I know, so why won’t he eat? | 我知道 那他为什么不吃 |
[36:39] | Um, I don’t know. Uh, did you try a bottle? | 不知道 你试过用瓶子吗 |
[36:40] | – Do you have a pump? – No, no, no bottles. | -有吸奶器吗 -没有 没有瓶子 |
[36:42] | Oh, for God’s sakes, give him a bottle. | 天啊 给他用瓶子吃 |
[36:44] | You’re not living in a cave. | 你又不生活在山洞里 |
[36:45] | My doula said it would create nipple confusion, | 我的陪护说这会引起奶头混淆 |
[36:47] | and then he’s gonna reject my breast. | 这样他就不会吃我的奶了 |
[36:49] | – As he should. – Okay. | -本来就应该这样 -好了 |
[36:51] | Sierra, he needs to eat. | 谢拉 他要喝奶 |
[36:52] | So, why don’t we just get him some formula for now | 不如先暂时让他吃点奶粉 |
[36:54] | and then we’ll, we’ll find you a pump. | 我们给你找个吸奶器 |
[36:56] | No, I can’t, I can’t give him formula. | 不行 我不能让他喝奶粉 |
[36:58] | – Why not? – Because it leads… | -为什么 -因为它会导致… |
[37:00] | to a lifetime of obesity and eating disorders. | 终生的肥胖和饮食失调 |
[37:02] | It’s better to be plump and civilized | 就不能现代一点 文明一点吗 |
[37:04] | – than raised like a wolf cub. – Okay. | -非要跟喂狼崽子似的 -好了 |
[37:06] | That’s really enough from you, okay? | 你不要再说了 好吗 |
[37:09] | Sierra, when’s the last time you slept? | 谢拉 你上一次什么时候睡的 |
[37:11] | I don’t know, | 不知道 |
[37:12] | – I… a day ago, two days ago. I don’t know. – All right. | -一天前 两天前 不记得了 -好吧 |
[37:15] | Here’s what’s gonna happen. | 这样吧 |
[37:16] | You’re gonna lie down in Stacey’s room | 你去史黛丝的房间睡 |
[37:18] | and you’re gonna go out and get some formula and a bottle. | 你去买点奶粉和奶瓶 |
[37:20] | – No, Helen. – Yes, Sierra. | -不 海伦 -要的 谢拉 |
[37:22] | One bottle is not gonna do any harm. | 一个奶瓶伤不了他的 |
[37:24] | He needs to eat and you need to sleep. | 他要喝奶 你也要休息 |
[37:25] | So let’s just… | 我们就… |
[37:27] | let’s just fix these problems right now | 解决现在的问题 |
[37:29] | and then we’ll sort out the rest, okay? | 再来想办法对付其他的 好吗 |
[37:33] | Go, just go ahead; it’s right down the hall. | 去吧 就在走廊那头 |
[37:34] | – On your right. – Okay, thank you. | -右边那间 -好的 谢谢 |
[37:41] | You, too. Go. | 你也去 |
[37:43] | – That woman is a child. – I know. | -那个女的就是个小孩 -我知道 |
[37:54] | Okay. | 好了 |
[37:57] | Ah-ah-ah, none of that. | 不要哭 |
[38:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:13] | Nice work. | 真乖 |
[38:22] | You look just like your dad. | 你跟你爸真像 |
[39:09] | Don’t you guys have homework? | 你们没家庭作业吗 |
[39:10] | We’ll do it later. | 一会儿做 |
[39:12] | You have not met him yet. | 你还没见过他 |
[39:16] | Is that what you like? | 那是你喜欢的吗 |
[39:19] | What is this, The Maze? | 这是什么 《迷宫》吗 |
[39:20] | The Maze 2. | 《迷宫2》 |
[39:22] | This time, it’s even more personal. | 这次 更像是私人恩怨 |
[39:24] | It’s um, yeah, the sequel. | 对 续集 |
[39:28] | – What? – How was your date? | -怎么了 -你约会怎么样 |
[39:30] | – That you went on? – Uh, sorry, you know, he thought putting this on | -你们两个 -抱歉 他以为放这片子 |
[39:33] | – would make you talk about it. – With Sasha mother-freaking Mann? | -会让你聊聊这事 -你和萨莎·曼的事 |
[39:34] | I… told him it was a dumb idea. | 我跟他说这很蠢 |
[39:36] | It wasn’t really a date, you guys. | 那不是约会 |
[39:37] | What is he like? | 他喜欢什么 |
[39:38] | – Yeah, are you gonna see him again? – Yeah. | -你们还会再见吗 -是啊 |
[39:40] | When can I start telling people that Sasha Mann | 我什么时候可以说萨莎·曼 |
[39:42] | – is your boyfriend? – You can’t. | -是你男友 -不能说 |
[39:44] | And you can’t tweet it or blog it | 你不能发推或者写博客 |
[39:46] | – or any of that stuff. – Don’t worry, Mom, he won’t. | -关于那件事 -别担心 妈妈 他不会的 |
[39:48] | – It’s a vlog. – Okay. | -这是条视频博客 -好的 |
[39:49] | – Anyway, I might be done with boyfriends for a while. – What? | -总之我可能暂时不会找男友了 -什么 |
[39:54] | Well, I’ve had my share. | 我都经历过了 |
[39:56] | They can be exhausting. | 太累人了 |
[39:57] | I mean, do what you want, | 做你想做的事 |
[39:58] | – but you are way too hot not to have any more boyfriends. – Gross. | -但你这么美不找男友可惜了 -真恶心 |
[40:03] | – That’s my mom. – I’m serious. | -那可是我妈 -我说真的 |
[40:04] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[40:17] | – Hello? – Hi. | -喂 -你好 |
[40:24] | How’s it going, Sasha… Mann? | 你好吗 萨莎…曼 |
[40:26] | What are you doing right now? | 你现在在做什么 |
[40:28] | Uh, I’m at home. Why? | 我在家 怎么了 |
[40:30] | Well, the thing is, uh, ever since you came | 自从你上次来我家 |
[40:33] | to my place and-and we spent that evening together, | 我们共度了一晚后 |
[40:35] | I can’t stop thinking about my furniture. | 我一直在想我家家具的事 |
[40:38] | Your furniture? | 家具 |
[40:40] | Yeah, I can’t get it out of my head. | 是啊 挥之不去 |
[40:42] | I think you’re right, uh, I need more stuff. | 我觉得你说得对 我需要更多东西 |
[40:45] | I was hoping you’d come by set | 希望你能来片场 |
[40:47] | and help me make some decisions. | 帮我做些决定 |
[40:49] | – I’m sure you miss it. – If, if you’re not too busy, that is. | -你肯定想那里了 -如果你有空的话 就这事 |
[40:50] | I know you have it on your mind. | 我知道你在想着它呢 |
[40:52] | You remember how lovely the summers are out there. Don’t you? | 你记得那里的美好的夏天 对吧 |
[40:54] | Helen, are you there? | 海伦 你在听吗 |
[40:55] | Um, I have to deal with something here. I’ll call you back. | 我有点事要处理 再聊 |
[40:58] | They’ve got a great high school there, | 那里有很棒的高中 |
[41:00] | Bridgehampton High. Huge building. | 布里奇汉普顿高中 超大的教学楼 |
[41:02] | – Very… – Can I talk to you for a second? | -很… -能聊聊吗 |
[41:09] | What are you doing? Are you telling him we’re moving? | 你在干嘛 告诉他们我们要搬家吗 |
[41:11] | I’m just laying the groundwork. | 先给他们点思想准备 |
[41:12] | Please don’t do that. | 别那样 |
[41:13] | Helen, you can’t uproot them like you did last time. | 海伦 你不能像上次那样突然告诉他们要搬家 |
[41:17] | It’s not healthy. | 那不健康 |
[41:18] | Children have to be prepared for traumatic events. | 孩子要为创伤性事件最好准备 |
[41:22] | I think what we should do tonight at dinner | 今晚吃饭的时候 |
[41:24] | is talk about the East Coast in a general kind of way. | 可以聊家常一样 聊聊东海岸的情况 |
[41:27] | You should say how much you miss it. | 你应该说你有多想念那里 |
[41:29] | I’ll mention how glorious it is this time of year. | 我就跟他们说说现在那里有多美 |
[41:31] | I’m going out. | 我出去了 |
[41:40] | Yeah? Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[41:46] | Oh, you came. | 你来了 |
[41:48] | I wasn’t sure you would. | 我还不确定你会不会来呢 |
[41:49] | Uh, yeah. I’m sorry, I have… things going on. | 是啊 抱歉 家里有点事 |
[41:53] | – I really appreciate you making time. -Yeah. | -感谢你抽时间过来 -不用 |
[41:57] | Please come on in. | 请进 |
[41:58] | Sit down. | 坐 |
[42:02] | So you need some help making some decisions? | 你要我帮你做一些决定吗 |
[42:05] | Yeah, um… | 是的 |
[42:07] | thing is, I moved to Malibu because I was… | 之前我搬到马里布 因为当时我… |
[42:12] | grieving and I just needed to get away | 很难过 我需要逃离 |
[42:13] | from the world and I thought, | 我当时想 |
[42:15] | if I have nothing, | 如果我什么都没有 |
[42:17] | then I’ll have nothing to lose, right? | 就不怕失去什么 对吧 |
[42:20] | But then the other night, | 但那一晚 |
[42:21] | after you left, I realized that time in my life is over. | 你走后 我意识到我生命中的那段时期已经结束 |
[42:24] | It-It’s passed and I don’t need | 它已经过去了 我不需要… |
[42:26] | to live like a monk anymore to keep order in my head. | 像个僧人一样来维持脑子里的秩序 |
[42:29] | I want to feel things again. So… | 我想再次能有所感受 所以… |
[42:31] | I took you very seriously. | 我认真考虑过你的建议 |
[42:33] | And I hired a professional. | 我雇了一名专业人士 |
[42:36] | Supposedly… | 据说… |
[42:38] | one of the best interior designers in all of Hollywood. | 他是好莱坞最好的室内设计师之一 |
[42:42] | The trouble is, look. | 问题是… 看 |
[42:45] | I really don’t like it. | 我并不喜欢 |
[42:49] | No, I see what you mean. | 不 我懂你的意思 |
[42:50] | – It’s totally not what I expected. – It’s chaotic. | -这不是我想要的 -很混乱 |
[42:51] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
[42:54] | It’s too much. | 太繁杂了 |
[42:55] | I was thinking… | 我在想… |
[42:57] | just, you know, things with really clean, | 用些很简洁的东西 |
[43:00] | simple lines, like a modern area rug there, maybe, | 简单的线条 比如在那放一块现代装饰地毯 |
[43:02] | or, um, or a Noguchi lamp there. | 或者在那放一盏和风灯 |
[43:10] | What? | 怎么了 |
[43:12] | I just had the most brilliant idea. | 真是太高明了 |
[43:15] | Why don’t you do it? | 不如你来帮我设计 |
[43:16] | What? No. | 什么 不 |
[43:19] | Well, you know what you like | 你知道自己喜欢什么 |
[43:20] | and you obviously have great taste. | 你的品位也很好 |
[43:21] | Yeah, but I don’t… I have… I don’t have… | 是 但我不…我有…我没有… |
[43:23] | I’m… my… | 我…我的… |
[43:25] | And we’d get to spend a lot of time together. | 我们可以有时间共处 |
[43:33] | But why? | 但为什么 |
[43:35] | What do you mean, why? | 什么为什么 |
[43:36] | I mean, there are tons of women. | 外面女人多得是 |
[43:39] | I’m sure you have tons of women. | 你在外面有不少女人吧 |
[43:40] | You know, famous women, younger women, taller women | 女明星 小辣妹 高挑妹 |
[43:44] | that you-you can… You’re… | 你可以… |
[43:46] | I’m having a very difficult time believing that I’m your type. | 我很难相信我是你喜欢的类型 |
[43:49] | Uh, that’s probably because you don’t have the faintest idea | 那可能是因为你一点都不了解 |
[43:51] | what my type is, | 我喜欢的类型 |
[43:52] | because you categorically refuse to give me a chance. | 因为你总是在拒绝给我机会 |
[44:00] | – Yes? – Mr. Mann? | -怎么了 -曼先生 |
[44:01] | – They need you on set. – Just a second, please. | -他们需要你去片场一趟 -请稍等 |
[44:06] | Listen, I’m taking everybody out tonight | 听着 今晚我要带大家出去玩 |
[44:08] | for karaoke and drinks. | 去唱歌喝酒 |
[44:10] | Why don’t you come, and we can discuss this… | 你也来 我们可以讨论… |
[44:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[44:14] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[44:17] | Yes. | 当然 |
[44:25] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[44:28] | I just… Actually, it’s great you’re here. | 我… 你在这太好了 |
[44:30] | I was, I was about to call you. | 我正准备打给你呢 |
[44:32] | You really need to talk to Whitney about this whole wedding thing. | 你要跟惠特尼谈谈她婚礼的事 |
[44:35] | Okay. What about it? | 好 怎么了呢 |
[44:37] | Well, this-this kid, he’s-he’s- he’s using her for a green card. | 那小子在利用她拿绿卡呢 |
[44:40] | – He doesn’t work, he doesn’t… – I don’t think so. | -他也不工作 -我不这么认为 |
[44:42] | I mean, I think he loves her. | 我认为他爱她 |
[44:44] | No. It’s too fast, and she is too young. | 不 太快了 她还太年轻 |
[44:46] | And we’re her parents. We need to protect her. | 我们是她父母 我们要保护她 |
[44:48] | Uh, protect her from what? | 保护她什么 |
[44:50] | From making a big mistake. | 让她不要犯大错 |
[44:51] | You want me to tell her to call off her wedding? | 你要我去叫停她的婚礼吗 |
[44:54] | Yeah. I think you should. | 是的 我认为你应该这样做 |
[44:57] | Why don’t you do it? | 你为什么不去 |
[44:59] | Because she doesn’t listen to me. She listens to you. | 因为她不听我的 她听你的 |
[45:01] | Rehearsal’s up! | 开始彩排 |
[45:02] | Fuck, they need me for rehearsals. | 该死 他们要找我彩排 |
[45:04] | Will you talk to her? | 你跟她谈谈好吗 |
[45:06] | yeah, sure. | 好 |
[45:08] | Okay, thanks. Thanks for coming. | 谢了 谢谢你跑一趟 |
[45:10] | It’s really good of you. | 你真好 |
[45:14] | 谢拉 奶要多烫 惠特尼 我跟你说的那家店在做特卖 我们去看看 可以吗 玛格丽特 我找到处房子 特雷弗很喜欢 你早上能联系下中介吗 | |
[45:22] | You’re finished already. | 你拍完了 |
[45:23] | Yes. Done for the day. | 今天的拍完了 |
[45:27] | Can we have two negronis, please? | 两瓶内格罗尼 谢谢 |
[45:29] | And keep it open. A lot of people coming. | 继续上酒 我朋友一会儿都来了 |
[45:36] | So… | 那么… |
[45:36] | – So… – Have you thought about it? | -怎么… -你考虑过了吗 |
[45:39] | About what? | 考虑什么 |
[45:40] | Designing my house. | 帮我设计屋子 |
[45:42] | I can’t design your house, Sasha. | 我帮不了你 萨莎 |
[45:44] | Why the hell not? | 为什么呢 |
[45:45] | Because I have too much going on. | 因为我还有很多事要做 |
[45:47] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[45:49] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[45:50] | Yes, like what? | 是啊 比如什么事 |
[45:51] | Like I just found out my father has Alzheimer’s. | 比如我刚知道我爸有老年痴呆 |
[45:54] | – And? – And he’s completely ruined | -所以呢 -所以他把我们家的经济 |
[45:56] | – the family’s finances. – Poor you. | -完全给毁了 -真可怜 |
[45:58] | My mother is a crazy, narcissistic bitch. | 我妈是个难搞又自恋的人 |
[46:01] | – Big deal. – And my neighbor… | -这有什么 -还有我邻居 |
[46:04] | …had a one-night stand with my boyfriend who died. | 跟我的死鬼男朋友约了一次 |
[46:08] | – Sorry, that’s not funny. – No. | -抱歉 那不好笑 -是的 |
[46:09] | No. Now she has his baby, | 是的 现在她生下了他的孩子 |
[46:10] | and she wants me to take care of it. | 她想要我来照顾他 |
[46:12] | And I already have four kids of my own, | 我自己已经有了四个孩子 |
[46:14] | the oldest of whom is getting married, | 最大的那个准备要结婚了 |
[46:15] | and Noah wants me to convince her to call off the wedding. | 诺亚想要我去说服她取消婚礼 |
[46:18] | – Why? – Because, I don’t know, he doesn’t like the guy. | -为什么 不知道 -可能他不喜欢他 |
[46:20] | Why doesn’t Noah just talk to her himself? | 他为什么自己不去说 |
[46:22] | Because they don’t have that kind of relationship. | 因为他们关系不好 |
[46:25] | Helen, you don’t have to set yourself on fire | 海伦 你不必自寻烦恼 |
[46:28] | to keep other people warm. | 来成全其他人 |
[46:34] | I’m not really sure what that means. | 我真不懂你的意思 |
[46:36] | You are allowed to say no. | 你可以说不 |
[46:38] | Okay. No, I won’t design your house. | 好吧 那我不帮你设计屋子 |
[46:39] | Oh, no, no, no, not to me. | 不 不是对我说 |
[46:42] | – Do you like gin? – No. | -你喜欢琴酒吗 -不 |
[46:43] | Of course you do. | 你喜欢 |
[46:45] | – Cheers. – Thank you. | -干杯 -谢谢 |
[46:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你才对 |
[46:52] | – Can I ask you a question? – Yeah, anything. | -能问你个问题吗 -当然 随便问 |
[46:55] | Except if I’m in love with you. | 不要问我是不是爱上你了 |
[46:57] | That’s a secret. | 那是个秘密 |
[47:04] | Who did you lose? | 你失去的是谁 |
[47:07] | You said you were grieving. | 你说你那段时间很难过 |
[47:11] | You really don’t know anything about me, do you? | 你真的不了解我 是吧 |
[47:15] | Not so much. | 确实 |
[47:16] | You don’t read the tabloids? | 你不看报纸吗 |
[47:17] | Not since Noah went to prison. | 从诺亚坐牢起就没看过了 |
[47:22] | Her name was Lily, | 她叫莉莉 |
[47:23] | and she was my fiancée, and, um… | 她是我的未婚妻 |
[47:29] | We met as kids, and we’d come up together. | 我们青梅竹马 一起长大 |
[47:31] | And, well, my success was awful for her. | 但我的成功对她来说却是糟糕的 |
[47:34] | I didn’t handle it well, and-and she felt abandoned. | 我没处理好 她觉得自己被抛弃了 |
[47:37] | And as I started working more, | 后来我工作越来越多 |
[47:39] | she started using more | 她开始用毒品麻醉自己 |
[47:42] | until, um… | 直到… |
[47:47] | until she overdosed one day | 有一天她吸毒过量 |
[47:50] | in our car. | 在我们的车上 |
[47:52] | And I was the one who found her. | 是我发现了她 |
[47:54] | The newspapers reported it as a suicide, so… | 报纸将它定性为一起自杀事件 |
[48:01] | Good of you to join us. | 很高兴你加入我们 |
[48:03] | Yeah, thanks for doing this. It’s a cute idea. | 是啊 谢谢你 这主意真不错 |
[48:06] | – Something wrong? – Yeah. | -有事吗 -是的 |
[48:08] | Yeah, something is wrong, Sasha. | 是的 有点事 萨莎 |
[48:10] | I just, uh, got a call from my agents. | 刚刚我接到经纪人的电话 |
[48:12] | They said you told the studio that you want to… | 他们说你告诉摄制组你想要… |
[48:14] | you want to rewrite the script. | 你想重写剧本 |
[48:18] | That’s not exactly what I said, | 我不是那么说的 |
[48:20] | but I actually tried to talk to you about this– | 但我确实想跟你谈谈这个问题 |
[48:22] | Yeah, well, you got my fucking attention now, | 是啊 我现在可火大了 |
[48:23] | so what’s the problem? | 到底有什么问题 |
[48:26] | Do you think we should do this | 你觉得我们是不是 |
[48:27] | somewhere a bit more private, perhaps? | 应该找个私下的场合谈 |
[48:28] | Lead the way, Maestro. | 你带路 大师 |
[48:29] | You gonna be all right? | 你没问题吧 |
[48:31] | Yeah. Yeah. | 没问题 |
[48:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[48:42] | – You’re the real Helen, right? – Oh, yeah. | -你是真正的主人公对吧 -是的 |
[48:45] | And you’re banging Sasha? | 你跟萨莎在交往吗 |
[48:46] | – What? – Well, everybody knows. | -什么 -大家都知道了 |
[48:50] | You must really hate your ex-husband. | 你一定很讨厌你前夫 |
[48:52] | He seems like such a prick. | 他就像个混蛋 |
[48:56] | Good for you, honey. | 挺好的 亲爱的 |
[48:57] | Get your revenge. | 向他复仇 |
[49:00] | – Cheers. – I’m sorry, I have to go. | -干杯 -抱歉 我得走了 |
[49:07] | You’re still up? | 还没睡呢 |
[49:08] | Yeah, I can’t sleep. | 是啊 睡不着 |
[49:11] | So, why does Stacey have to sleep with Grandma? | 史黛丝为什么和外婆睡 |
[49:14] | Because Sierra and Eddie are in Stacey’s room tonight. | 因为谢拉和埃迪今晚睡在史黛丝房间 |
[49:17] | Okay, fine. Do we have any LaCroix? | 好吧 家里有气泡水吗 |
[49:20] | Brooklyn’s thirsty. | 布鲁克林渴了 |
[49:21] | Check the back? | 看看里面 |
[49:24] | Score. | 找到了 |
[49:24] | Brooklyn’s staying over? | 布鲁克林今晚在这睡吗 |
[49:26] | Uh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[49:29] | I’m such a cool mom. | 我可真是个酷妈妈 |
[49:32] | You are a cool mom. | 确实 |
[49:34] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[49:35] | No, no, really. | 不 真的 |
[49:37] | Just between you and me, | 告诉你个秘密 |
[49:39] | could have been so much worse. | 你比我想的好太多了 |
[49:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[49:42] | – So, how long is Sierra staying with us? – I don’t know. | -谢拉还要跟我们住多久 -不知道 |
[49:46] | Grandma? | 外婆呢 |
[49:47] | I don’t know that, either. | 也不知道 |
[49:49] | I think they’re all gonna stay until they’re ready to leave. | 她们准备好了就会走的吧 |
[49:53] | Okay, yeah, that’s fine. | 好吧 没关系 |
[49:54] | Then I will be booking an extra session with my therapist. | 那我跟治疗师多预约一个疗程 |
[49:59] | You don’t have a therapist. | 你哪来的治疗师 |
[50:00] | Yeah, but I need one. | 是的 但我需要 |
[50:02] | – Good night, Mom. – Good night. | -晚安 妈 -晚安 |
[50:24] | What?! | 怎么了 |
[50:25] | – Where is he? – Who? | -他在哪 -谁 |
[50:26] | I know he’s here. Where the fuck is he? Sasha! | 我知道他在这 他在哪 萨莎 |
[50:28] | – Oh, God. – Sasha! | -天啊 -萨莎 |
[50:30] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[50:32] | You are wasted. Go home. | 你喝醉了 回去吧 |
[50:33] | Do you want the kids to see you like this? | 你想孩子们看到你这样子吗 |
[50:34] | He’s fucking using you, Helen. | 他在利用你 海伦 |
[50:37] | He’s using you to get to me. | 他在利用你来接近我 |
[50:39] | He’s playing me, so he wants to fuck you, | 他饰演我 他想睡你 |
[50:41] | so he feels closer to me. | 这样他会感觉和我更接近 |
[50:43] | Can’t you see how pathetic that is? | 你没看到这其中的可悲吗 |
[50:47] | It’s fucking freezing out here. Can I just come in? | 外面冻死了 我能进来吗 |
[50:49] | – No. – Just… come on. | -不行 -拜托 |
[50:51] | No. | 不行 |
[50:52] | – Seriously. – Yeah. | -我说真的 -我也是 |
[50:54] | Go home. | 回去吧 |
[50:55] | Don’t drive. Take an Uber. | 别开车 打车回去 |
[50:56] | I don’t care what you do. Just go. | 我不在乎你怎么回去 你走就对了 |
[50:59] | – Good night. – Helen, come… | -晚安 -海伦 拜托 |
[51:02] | Helen? Helen, I’ll call a guy. | 海伦 我打电话叫就是了 |
[51:04] | Just let me in. | 让我进去 |
[51:07] | Come on, Helen. | 拜托 海伦 |
[51:08] | Helen, come on! | 海伦 拜托 |
[51:12] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[51:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[51:29] | Are you mad? | 你生气了吗 |
[51:30] | No, not mad. | 没生气 |
[51:32] | Just confused. | 就有点困惑 |
[51:33] | I-I told you the worst thing that ever happened to me, | 我告诉了你我最悲惨的遭遇 |
[51:36] | and you just… disappeared. | 而你却消失了 |
[51:40] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[51:43] | I’m really sorry. | 真的抱歉 |
[51:44] | D-Do you want to keep talking? | 你还想聊吗 |
[51:46] | No, not really. | 不想了 |
[51:51] | Do you want to do something else? | 那你想干点别的吗 |
[52:00] | – Shh. – What? | -嘘 -怎么了 |
[52:01] | – Shh, quiet. – Why? | -嘘 别出声 -怎么了 |
[52:03] | Because I have a house full of people. | 因为我家很多人 |
[52:07] | Who’s here? | 都有谁 |
[52:10] | My daughter. | 我女儿 |
[52:12] | My son. | 我儿子 |
[52:15] | His boyfriend. | 他男友 |
[52:18] | Uh, my mother. | 我妈 |
[52:20] | You got the whole family. | 人还真不少 |
[52:21] | And my neighbor. | 还有我邻居 |
[52:22] | – Shh. – And her baby. | -嘘 -还有她的孩子 |
[52:28] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[52:44] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[52:46] | Design my house. | 帮我设计屋子 |
[52:49] | Give me a lamp. | 帮我选灯 |
[52:52] | Just one room, please. | 就一间房 拜托 |
[52:56] | Just one room. | 就一间房 |
[52:57] | Just one tiny, little room. | 一间小屋子 |
[53:00] | Helen, just give me a rug. | 海伦 帮我选地毯 |
[53:02] | Can-can you give me a rug, please? | 能拜托你帮我选块地毯吗 |
[53:05] | Give me a rug. | 帮我选块 |
[53:06] | Can you give me a…? | 帮我选块… |
[53:16] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早 |
[53:18] | – Coffee? – Sure. | -来杯咖啡 -好 |
[53:20] | How’d you sleep? | 睡得怎样 |
[53:22] | Really well, thanks. | 挺好的 谢谢 |
[53:25] | I think I can get the kids enrolled | 我想我能让孩子们 |
[53:28] | in the Bridgehampton high school for the spring semester, | 在春季学期去布里奇汉普顿读高中 |
[53:30] | so if you put this house on the market next month… | 如果你下个月把这套房子挂到房市… |
[53:32] | Mom, I’m not moving back. | 妈 我不搬回去 |
[53:34] | What? | 什么 |
[53:37] | I have a life here. | 我在这有自己的生活 |
[53:39] | I’ll help you and Dad out as much as I can, | 我会尽我所能来帮你和爸爸 |
[53:41] | but I-I’m not moving home. | 但我不会搬家 |
[53:43] | What am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[53:46] | You will figure it out. | 你会想到办法的 |
[53:48] | What’s gotten into you? | 你为什么执意如此 |
[53:50] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[53:59] | You must be Margaret. I’m Sasha. | 你一定是玛格丽特 我是萨莎 |
[54:01] | – I… – Pleasure to meet you. | -我… -很高兴见到你 |
[54:04] | I’d actually love a cup of coffee, | 我想要一杯咖啡 |
[54:05] | if it’s not too much trouble. | 如果不麻烦的话 |
[54:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[54:17] | 第三话 琼妮 | |
[54:54] | Those your kids? | 那是你的孩子吗 |
[54:57] | No. | 不是 |
[54:59] | Do I look like the kind of person who would have kids? | 我像那种会有孩子的人吗 |
[55:01] | It isn’t a crime. | 有孩子也不犯法啊 |
[55:03] | It should be. | 它应该犯法 |
[55:07] | No, they’re just… | 不 他们只是… |
[55:09] | some refugee kids that I met in Senegal. | 我在塞内加尔遇见的一些小难民 |
[55:12] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[55:13] | What were you doing out there? | 你在那干嘛 |
[55:15] | I’m a coastal engineer. | 我是沿海工程师 |
[55:17] | How’s that going? | 那边怎样 |
[55:19] | Not well. | 不太好 |
[55:28] | – Have a good one. – Thanks for the tip, Jim. | -祝你一天愉快 -谢谢你的小费 吉姆 |
[55:36] | Can I ask you a question? | 能问个问题吗 |
[55:37] | Shoot. | 问吧 |
[55:39] | What’s with the electricity out here? | 这里为什么没电 |
[55:40] | Is the grid completely off? | 电网彻底毁了吗 |
[55:43] | No. Just ever since the last hurricane, | 不 自从上次飓风后 |
[55:45] | they only turn it on between nine and five. | 只在早上9点到下午5点之间供电 |
[55:46] | We got our own battery bank, though. | 但我们有自己的蓄电池 |
[55:49] | This place used to be so beautiful. | 这里以前很美 |
[55:51] | Yeah, well, there aren’t enough of us out here to matter anymore. | 是啊 这里现在人烟稀少 也无所谓了 |
[55:54] | We can’t afford those wind turbines | 我们不像东汉普顿的人 |
[55:55] | they got out in East Hampton, so… | 我们买不起风力涡轮机 所以… |
[55:57] | Right. | 没错 |
[56:05] | You here for work? | 你来这工作的吗 |
[56:08] | I am. | 是 |
[56:12] | How much do I owe you? | 多少钱 |
[56:15] | It’s on the house. | 我们请客了 |
[56:18] | I haven’t seen a face like yours out here in a while. | 很久没见过你这样的美女了 |
[56:23] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[56:37] | – Tighter. – What? | -用力 -什么 |
[56:40] | Better? | 好点没 |
[56:42] | What? | 怎么了 |
[56:47] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[56:49] | It’s not working for me. | 我不行 |
[56:50] | What the fuck do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[56:57] | You are one sick bitch. | 你个小骚货 |
[57:26] | Stop. | 停 |
[57:32] | Oh, yeah. | 爽 |