时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Madeline was really happy | 玛德琳真的很开心 |
[00:07] | that you were here tonight. | 你今晚来了 |
[00:09] | You’ve been working so much. | 你一直工作这么忙 |
[00:11] | DOD’s trying to save an old base. | 国防部正在抢救一处老基地 |
[00:14] | It’ll be an erosion study, probably a swinging gate. | 他们可能用回旋式闸门来进行侵蚀研究 |
[00:17] | – Where is it? – Montauk. | -在哪 -蒙托克 |
[00:20] | – Did you make it? – Almost. | -你到了吗 -快了 |
[00:22] | Where are you going to stay? | 你准备住哪 |
[00:23] | Dad’s place. | 爸爸家 |
[00:25] | – Is that a good idea? – It’s fine. | -那样好吗 -没问题的 |
[00:28] | You here for work? | 你来这工作的吗 |
[00:30] | I am. | 是 |
[00:31] | I’m a coastal engineer. | 我是沿海工程师 |
[00:32] | I haven’t seen a face like yours out here in a while. | 很久没见过你这样的美女了 |
[00:36] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[00:39] | Joanie. What’s going on? | 琼妮 怎么了 |
[00:44] | I miss my dad. | 我想爸爸了 |
[00:46] | Man, you’re getting big. | 天啊 你又重了 |
[00:56] | Where is Mommy? | 妈妈在哪里 |
[00:57] | All we have to do is think about her | 我们只需要想着她 |
[00:59] | and remember her and that way she will always be with us. | 记得她 那样 她就一直和我们在一起 |
[01:03] | Good girl! Yeah! | 真棒 |
[01:06] | Gorgeous girl. | 长得真漂亮 |
[01:15] | 科尔·麦金蒂·洛克哈特之墓 1979年-2053年 | |
[01:17] | Hi, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[02:40] | 第一话 琼妮 | |
[02:56] | Paul? | 保罗 |
[02:57] | Hey, baby. How’s it going? | 宝贝 你好吗 |
[03:02] | I’m just calling to check in. | 我就打个电话给你 |
[03:05] | Well, I’m glad you did. | 很高兴你打了 |
[03:07] | Where are you right now? | 你现在在哪呢 |
[03:10] | Joanie? | 琼妮 |
[03:12] | Are you still there? | 你还在吗 |
[03:14] | I’m here. | 我在 |
[03:16] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:18] | – How are the girls? – Oh, they’re great. | -女儿们怎么样 -她们好极了 |
[03:21] | Your mom’s coming to visit tomorrow to help out, | 你妈妈明天过来帮忙 |
[03:23] | so they’re super excited for that. | 所以她们兴奋极了 |
[03:27] | That’s good. I’m-I’m glad. | 那很好 我很高兴 |
[03:31] | I’m actually heading back tomorrow, | 其实我明天就回来了 |
[03:32] | so I’ll get to see Mom. | 可以见见妈妈 |
[03:36] | Okay, quick trip. | 很快啊 |
[03:38] | Did you get what you needed? | 你拿到想要的东西了吗 |
[03:42] | Yeah. Yeah, I did. | 嗯 拿到了 |
[03:47] | – I love you. – I love you, too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[03:56] | You know it’s rude to stare, right? | 你知道盯着别人不礼貌 对吧 |
[03:59] | And creepy, given the context. | 而且这种情况下还很恐怖 |
[04:04] | EJ Ej. | |
[04:06] | What? | 什么 |
[04:07] | EJ. My name. | EJ 我的名字 |
[04:10] | My name is EJ. | 我叫EJ |
[04:21] | Oh, yeah. That looks safe. | 这看上去很安全 |
[04:24] | Your front tire’s flat. | 你的前胎没气了 |
[04:25] | And your back tire’s flat. They’re both… flat. | 后胎也没气了 全瘪了 |
[04:34] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[04:40] | I should probably give you a ride. | 我大概该载你一程 |
[04:56] | If you touch me, I’ll stab you. | 如果你碰我 我就捅死你 |
[05:11] | Can you drop me at Lighthouse Point? | 你能送我去灯塔那里吗 |
[05:15] | I can’t believe you just got in the car. | 真不敢相信你上车了 |
[05:17] | – Are you gonna drive, or– – I mean, I could be anyone. | -你还开车吗 -我可能是任何人 |
[05:19] | I could be a murderer. | 我可能是个杀人犯 |
[05:20] | I’d honestly rather die than have you | 我情愿你杀了我 |
[05:21] | keep looking at me like that. | 也别再这么盯着我了 |
[05:29] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[05:31] | Your car runs on gas. | 你的车用汽油 |
[05:33] | You’re the one wearing a watch. | 你还戴着手表呢 |
[05:34] | Who the fuck does that anymore? | 现在谁还戴手表 |
[05:36] | It’s my dead mother’s, you dick. | 这是我亡母的 你个混球 |
[05:39] | My bad. | 我错了 |
[05:40] | You know you’re doing irreparable harm | 你知道你在给已经慢性死亡的地球 |
[05:42] | to a planet that’s already dying, right? | 带来无法挽回的伤害 对吧 |
[05:45] | It’s not, like, a cool thing. | 这一点也不酷 |
[05:47] | Sorry. If you want me to hear you, | 抱歉 如果你想让我听见你 |
[05:48] | you’re gonna have to speak into my good ear. | 你得对着我好使的那只耳朵说 |
[05:50] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[05:52] | Am I supposed to understand what’s happening? | 我该知道现在是怎么回事吗 |
[05:55] | Not into old movies, huh? | 看来你不喜欢老电影 |
[05:56] | Okay, then. | 行吧 |
[06:10] | So what were you doing in the graveyard? | 你在墓地干什么 |
[06:17] | You first. | 你先说 |
[06:19] | I was just looking for victims. | 我只是在找受害者 |
[06:22] | There we go. That’s better. | 终于笑了 好多了 |
[06:25] | I’m studying some of Montauk’s older families. | 我在研究蒙托克一些古老的家族 |
[06:27] | I’m an epigeneticist. | 我是表现遗传学家 |
[06:29] | The plot where you were standing actually belongs to a family | 你所在的那片区域刚好是 |
[06:31] | I’m super interested in; I’ve been studying them for years. | 我很感兴趣的一个家族 我已经研究他们很多年了 |
[06:35] | But, uh, I didn’t want to walk over | 但是我不想贸然走过去 |
[06:37] | in case you were there to visit a… | 万一你是来看… |
[06:41] | husband? | 丈夫 |
[06:45] | Brother, then. | 那就是兄弟 |
[06:48] | Cousin? | 表亲 |
[06:49] | – Still no? – Who do you think I am? | -还不是 -你觉得我是谁 |
[06:53] | Lavinia? Caleb’s wife? | 拉维尼娅 凯勒布的老婆 |
[06:55] | What’s so interesting about the Lockharts? | 洛克哈特家有什么特别的吗 |
[06:58] | Well, I study trauma, so… | 我研究创伤 所以… |
[07:01] | So…? | 所以呢 |
[07:03] | And how it gets passed down from generation to generation. | 以及创伤如何代代相传 |
[07:10] | I mean, the whole family is steeped in cyclical tragedy. | 这整个家族都陷入了周期性的悲剧 |
[07:15] | Murder, drowning, suicide, | 谋杀 溺水 自杀 |
[07:17] | more murder, more drowning, more suicide– | 更多谋杀 溺水 自杀 |
[07:18] | Okay, it wasn’t that bad. | 好吧 也没那么糟 |
[07:20] | Oh, my God. Are you Joanie? | 天哪 你是琼妮吗 |
[07:25] | Damn. I cannot believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[07:27] | This is amazing. I’m taking you to dinner. | 太神奇了 我要带你去吃晚餐 |
[07:30] | No. | 不行 |
[07:30] | – Why not? – I have to work. | -为什么 -我要工作 |
[07:32] | Well, after work. After you work, we’ll go to dinner. | 工作之后 等你工作结束 我们去吃晚饭 |
[07:35] | And… don’t get any ideas. Okay? | 别动什么歪念头 懂吗 |
[07:37] | – This is just so I can interview you. – No. | -这只是为了采访你 -不行 |
[07:41] | That’s what your dad said at first, but he came around. | 你爸爸最开始也这么说 但后来他想通了 |
[07:45] | You know, you two have very similar scowls. | 你俩愁眉苦脸的样子很像 |
[07:47] | Do you get that a lot? | 别人经常这么说吗 |
[07:50] | – You knew my dad? – Sure I did. | -你认识我爸爸 -当然 |
[07:51] | I interviewed him. | 我采访过他 |
[07:52] | Nobody knew the history of Montauk like he did. | 没人比他更了解蒙托克的历史 |
[07:57] | How did you…? | 你是怎么 |
[08:00] | How did I what? | 我怎么样 |
[08:02] | Know him? Meet him? Find him? | 认识他 见到他 找到他 |
[08:04] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[08:06] | I found him to be pretty happy, | 不管怎样 |
[08:09] | for what it’s worth. | 我觉得他挺幸福的 |
[08:19] | I never understood why he loved it so much out here. | 我从来不理解他为什么这么喜欢这里 |
[08:23] | The more this place deteriorated, | 这地方越颓败 |
[08:25] | the more summer people abandoned it, | 夏天的游客越不来这里 |
[08:26] | the happier he got. | 他越开心 |
[08:28] | Said it brought him back to the Montauk he remembered as a kid. | 说这让蒙托克变回了他儿时记忆中的样子 |
[08:32] | It was becoming a small fishing town all over again. | 又变成了一个小渔村 |
[08:37] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[08:40] | That was my dad. | 我爸就是那样 |
[08:52] | There’s this misconception that trauma can be inherited | 其实创伤可以代代相传 |
[08:54] | from one generation to the next. | 是个错误认识 |
[08:56] | That’s not exactly true, but what is true | 其实也不完全正确 但正确的事 |
[08:58] | is that children of parents who have experienced trauma | 经历过创伤的父母所生的孩子 |
[09:01] | are more likely to be, uh, | 更加容易 |
[09:03] | easily triggered by their own stressors | 相比起父母未受过创伤的孩子 |
[09:04] | than children of un-traumatized parents. | 更容易被自己的压力源刺激 |
[09:06] | So, like, if you and I both experience a traumatic event, | 比如如果咱俩都经历了一次创伤 |
[09:09] | you might be more likely to, uh, develop | 你可能比我更容易患上 |
[09:12] | anxiety attacks or, uh, PTSD | 焦虑症或针对事件的 |
[09:14] | around the memory of it than I would | 创伤后应激障碍 |
[09:16] | because your parents were traumatized and mine weren’t. | 因为你父母受过创伤 我父母没受过 |
[09:20] | Well, hypothetically. | 当然这是假设 |
[09:23] | The pattern is pretty clear. | 这种模式很明显 |
[09:25] | Children of traumatized parents are just more sensitive. | 受过创伤的父母所生的孩子更加敏感 |
[09:29] | They feel stress and danger more acutely | 他们能更强烈地感知压力和危险 |
[09:32] | because they’re primed to. | 因为他们已经准备好了 |
[09:35] | Okay, here’s the theory I’m testing: | 我在测试一种理论 |
[09:37] | in some of the families that I’ve studied, | 在我研究的其中一些家庭里 |
[09:39] | there is a black sheep of a child | 会有一个败家子 |
[09:41] | who turns out to be extra resilient. | 适应能力格外强 |
[09:43] | So, like, instead of inheriting the anxiety of a trauma victim, | 他们没继承创伤受害人的焦虑 |
[09:47] | they seem to inherit the resilience of a survivor. | 而是继承了生存者的复原能力 |
[09:50] | What I don’t know… | 我不知道的… |
[09:52] | what I’m trying to figure out is how to predict. | 我想弄清楚的是 如何预测 |
[09:56] | How do you know… | 如何分辨 |
[09:57] | which child will be weaker | 哪个孩子会更软弱 |
[09:58] | and which child will be stronger? | 哪个又会更坚强 |
[10:00] | Is the trauma more dominant than the resilience gene? | 创伤基因比复原基因占优吗 |
[10:02] | Or is it the other way around? | 还是反过来呢 |
[10:05] | And-and how does nurture play into all of this? | 后天养育又会造成什么影响 |
[10:10] | Like, for example, which are you? | 比如说 你属于哪一种 |
[10:13] | What? | 什么 |
[10:16] | You seem tough. | 你看起来很坚强 |
[10:18] | Really tough. | 非常坚强 |
[10:20] | Uh, which would suggest resilience. | 代表你复原能力应该也强 |
[10:22] | But, um… | 但是 |
[10:25] | you’re not that interested in my work, are you? | 你对我的研究没什么兴趣 对吧 |
[10:26] | No, not really. | 嗯 兴趣不大 |
[10:29] | Cool, cool, cool, cool. | 好吧 好吧 |
[10:32] | So, uh… | 那么 |
[10:34] | what are you doing with those thingies? | 你在用那些玩意做什么 |
[10:38] | These are nanosensors. | 那些是纳米传感器 |
[10:41] | They’re basically trackable granules of sand. | 基本上就是可追踪的沙粒 |
[10:45] | Studying their movements | 研究它们的运动 |
[10:46] | will help me predict how fast the coast is eroding. | 能帮我预测海岸侵蚀的速度 |
[10:48] | So what’s the verdict on the erosion? | 那你对侵蚀有何结论 |
[10:53] | I don’t know yet, EJ. | 我还不知道 EJ |
[10:55] | As you can see, I’m still gathering data. | 你也看见了 我还在收集数据 |
[10:58] | I hope it doesn’t disappear too fast. | 但愿不会很快就消失 |
[11:01] | I love it out here. | 我喜欢这里 |
[11:03] | I’m actually thinking about buying a house, | 事实上我在考虑买栋房子 |
[11:05] | property values being so low and everything. | 这里房价很低 |
[11:10] | Oh, so you’re insane. | 这么说你疯了 |
[11:12] | How so? | 为什么 |
[11:14] | Montauk is built on a pile of sand. | 蒙托克建于一堆沙子之上 |
[11:17] | Not granite, sand. | 不是花岗岩 而是沙子 |
[11:20] | In fact, the whole of Long Island | 事实上 整个长岛 |
[11:22] | is basically just the result of glaciers | 基本上就是冰川 |
[11:24] | bulldozing their way across New England, | 推挤新英格兰地区而来的 |
[11:27] | bringing sediment up from the ocean floor | 把海底沉积物 |
[11:28] | and pushing it into a pile | 推成一堆 |
[11:30] | the way a child would make a sandcastle. | 就像孩子建沙堡一样 |
[11:34] | I don’t know how fast it’s eroding, | 我不知道侵蚀的速度有多快 |
[11:35] | but I do know, in about ten or 20 years | 但我知道10到20年后 |
[11:37] | all this is gonna be gone. | 这一切都会消失 |
[11:39] | You’d be crazy to buy anything out here, | 你在这里买任何东西都是疯了 |
[11:42] | especially a piece of property. | 特别是房产 |
[11:43] | But isn’t that why you’re here? | 但那不是你来这的原因吗 |
[11:47] | You’re a coastal engineer, right? | 你是海岸工程师 对吧 |
[11:49] | Isn’t it your job to save the world from drowning? | 拯救世界不被淹没不是你的职责吗 |
[11:56] | Hey, where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[11:57] | Home. I’m done. | 回家 我做完了 |
[12:06] | Hey, did I offend you back there? | 我刚才是不是冒犯到你了 |
[12:08] | I wasn’t trying to. | 我不是有意的 |
[12:10] | Don’t take this the wrong way, | 别误会 |
[12:11] | but you can’t offend me | 但你冒犯不了我 |
[12:13] | because I don’t actually care what you think. | 因为我压根不在乎你的想法 |
[12:15] | Good point. That’s a, that’s an excellent point. | 说得好 正中点子上 |
[12:20] | Could I, though, | 不过我… |
[12:21] | could I offer you a compliment anyway? | 我能不能说句赞美你的话 |
[12:24] | Just in case, by some miracle, | 以防我无意中 |
[12:27] | I did manage to cause unintentional offense? | 还是冒犯到了你 |
[12:32] | I think you’re pretty impressive. | 我觉得你很厉害 |
[12:34] | The way you handled yourself back there on the beach. | 你刚才在沙滩上处理那些事 |
[12:37] | You’re maybe the most impressive gir… uh, | 你也许是我遇见过最厉害的女孩… |
[12:39] | woman I’ve ever met. | 我是说女性 |
[12:40] | Because I’m a scientist? | 因为我是个科学家吗 |
[12:42] | Maybe you just haven’t met that many intelligent women. | 或许你只是很少遇见聪明的女人 |
[12:45] | What? No. Because you’re working so calmly | 什么 当然不是 是因为你在母亲去世的地方 |
[12:47] | in the place where your mother died. | 还能如此冷静地工作 |
[12:54] | What? | 什么 |
[12:57] | Alison Bailey? | 艾莉森·贝利 |
[12:58] | Your… your mom. She died at the jetty, right? | 你…你妈妈 她在那个码头死的 对吧 |
[13:07] | Are you sure that’s true? | 你确定那是真的吗 |
[13:09] | That’s what it says in the police report. | 警方报告是这么说的 |
[13:12] | You’ve seen the police report? | 你看过警方报告吗 |
[13:14] | Yeah, the uh… precinct flooded a few years ago, | 对 分局几年前被水淹没了 |
[13:17] | and they just up and abandoned it. | 他们直接放弃那里了 |
[13:19] | Left behind boxes and boxes of files. | 留下了很多箱档案 |
[13:22] | It’s a real gold mine for an epigeneticist. | 对表观遗传学家来说简直就是金矿 |
[13:27] | Can you take me there? | 你能带我去那里吗 |
[13:29] | You mean you want to… | 你意思是你想… |
[13:30] | keep hanging out? | 继续跟我一起吗 |
[13:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:47] | So many dysfunctional family trees. | 这么多有缺陷的家族 |
[13:51] | The Lockharts, of course, are like my Windsors. | 当然了 洛克哈特一家就像我的温莎家族一样 |
[13:54] | I’ve read every police report about your family. | 我读过所有关于你家族的警方报告 |
[13:56] | Your great-uncle’s murder, your grandfather’s suicide, | 你叔公的谋杀 你爷爷的自杀 |
[13:59] | the drug raids, | 突击搜查毒品 |
[14:01] | Scotty’s hit-and-run. | 斯科蒂肇事逃逸 |
[14:04] | Did you know even your dad was arrested once? | 你知道你爸也曾被逮捕过一次吗 |
[14:07] | Yeah. They thought he stabbed someone. | 知道 他们以为他用刀捅了人 |
[14:12] | be careful with that. | 小心点 |
[14:12] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:14] | Flood waters have made some of this stuff fragile, | 洪水把其中一些材料泡得脆弱易碎 |
[14:17] | these in particular. | 特别是这些 |
[14:22] | How much time do you spend here? | 你一般在这里待多久 |
[14:25] | Oh, you know, | 我想想 |
[14:26] | I’ve come by once or twice | 我每天来一两次 |
[14:28] | a day… for months. | 过去几个月都这样 |
[14:31] | God, you must be lonely. | 天呐 你一定很孤单 |
[14:33] | I’m very selective with my company. | 选同伴这方面我是很挑剔的 |
[14:36] | You should consider yourself lucky. | 你该觉得自己幸运 |
[14:46] | You’re not gonna try to Phantom Thread me later, are you? | 你等会不会用《魅影缝匠》那套对付我吧 |
[14:48] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[14:50] | Have you ever seen a movie? | 你到底有没有看过电影啊 |
[14:53] | Like, any movie? | 任何电影 |
[14:55] | Give you $200 if you can name one. | 你要是说得出一部电影我就给你两百块 |
[15:01] | So, you got a thing for mushrooms, huh? | 看来你喜欢蘑菇 对吧 |
[15:04] | They reverse the life process. | 它们颠倒了生命过程 |
[15:07] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:09] | They latch onto a dead thing and break it down. | 它们紧抓住死物 并将其分解 |
[15:12] | Turn it into nitrogen, carbon, sulfur, phosphorous. | 变为氮 碳 硫 磷 |
[15:17] | Then return those minerals | 然后把那些矿物质 |
[15:18] | to the soil to make it fertile again. | 又放回土壤里 让它重新变得肥沃 |
[15:23] | So… decay turns you on. | 这么说 腐烂让你性奋 |
[15:28] | Mushrooms are the greatest hope | 蘑菇是生命在这个星球上 |
[15:29] | for life to continue on this planet. | 延续下去的最大希望 |
[15:31] | Once we’re all dead and gone, | 等我们都死了之后 |
[15:34] | fungi are gonna come in and clear everything out | 菌类就会发挥作用 清除一切 |
[15:36] | and make space for new life… | 为新生命制造空间 |
[15:39] | something better. | 为更好的事物 |
[15:41] | That’s a pretty casual way to talk about mass extinction. | 你用这么轻松的口气谈论大灭绝 |
[15:46] | Where’s her file? | 她的档案在哪 |
[15:48] | – Isn’t that what we came here for? – Of course. | -我们不就是为此而来的吗 -当然 |
[15:55] | Here we go. | 在这里 |
[16:29] | 诺亚·索洛维 艾莉森第二任前夫 | |
[16:33] | 他最后一次见到她时 艾莉森似乎很不舒服 担心她 有抑郁症病史 | |
[16:52] | 艾莉森·贝利 最后一次露面 10月13日 纽约蒙托克朗菲尔德路 | |
[17:04] | 有失控 情绪化的行为 有自杀念头 | |
[17:32] | You were right. | 你说的对 |
[17:34] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[17:36] | She died at the jetty. | 她在码头死的 |
[17:39] | Can you take me home? | 你能载我回家吗 |
[17:41] | Like… now? | 现在就回 |
[17:44] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:57] | What the hell? | 怎么搞的 |
[18:00] | Raccoons. | 浣熊 |
[18:03] | It’s frightening | 他们长这么大 |
[18:03] | how big they’re getting. | 真的很吓人 |
[18:06] | Also, there’s no, uh, garbage pickup. | 还有这里没有收垃圾的 |
[18:08] | You have to go to the dump yourself. | 你得自己扔 |
[18:10] | Got it. Thanks. | 知道了 谢谢 |
[18:29] | What? | 什么 |
[18:30] | Did you mean to throw these away? | 你要把这些扔掉吗 |
[18:32] | They’re in the trash, aren’t they? | 他们在垃圾里 不是吗 |
[18:55] | Hard to imagine that woman drowning herself in the ocean. | 很难想象那个女人在海里溺水自杀 |
[18:59] | And yet she did. | 她的确那么做了 |
[19:04] | I don’t know what you think is gonna happen, | 我不知道你觉得会发生什么 |
[19:06] | but I’m not gonna fuck you. | 但我不会跟你上床的 |
[19:09] | That is so far from what… I wasn’t… | 那跟我想的… 我没有… |
[19:11] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[19:18] | Thanks for the ride. | 谢谢你载我回来 |
[19:20] | Of course. | 没什么 |
[19:25] | So, you gonna stay in for the rest of night, or– | 你今晚是要在家里待着 还是… |
[19:28] | – I have work. – Cool. | -我要工作 -好 |
[19:31] | Well, then, I’ll come by tomorrow for that interview? | 我明天再来弄访谈的事 |
[19:37] | I’m going home tomorrow. | 我明天要回家 |
[19:41] | I won’t be back. | 我不会回来了 |
[19:50] | Nice to meet you, I guess. | 很高兴见到你 |
[19:57] | Do you mind if I hang onto this? | 你介意我拿着这个吗 |
[20:01] | No. I really don’t care. | 不介意 我并不在乎 |
[20:09] | Core samples indicate that sediment is washing west | 核心样本表明沉积物 |
[20:12] | towards New York City seven times faster | 朝着纽约西漂的速度 |
[20:14] | than the previous 36 months | 是之前36个月的7倍 |
[20:16] | and nine times faster than a decade ago. | 十年前的9倍 |
[20:19] | The harbor jetties are almost underwater. | 海港码头几乎被水淹没了 |
[20:22] | …partially to blame for an increase in storms, | 部分是风暴增加的原因 |
[20:24] | with the region seeing up to ten times the number | 这个地区一年的大风暴比三十年前 |
[20:26] | of significant storms a year than even 30 years ago. | 甚至要高10倍 |
[20:30] | Signs indicate that a continuation in the increase | 种种迹象表明 |
[20:33] | of quantity and intensity of storms | 风暴数量和强度的持续增强 |
[20:37] | will likely leave Montauk near uninhabitable | 可能会让蒙托克在五年内 |
[20:39] | in the next five years. | 变得不可居住 |
[20:57] | Hello? | 你好 |
[20:58] | Joanie? Is that you? | 琼妮 是你吗 |
[21:01] | – Yeah. It is. – Oh, good. | -是的 -太好了 |
[21:03] | You’re, like, the fifth Joanie I’ve called. | 你是我打给的第五个琼妮了 |
[21:05] | You know you’re pretty hard to find, right? | 你知道你很难找吗 |
[21:07] | It’s intentional. | 是故意让人难找的 |
[21:11] | Did I leave something in your car? | 我有东西落在你车上了吗 |
[21:13] | I was thinking about what happened today at the precinct. | 我在想今天在分局发生的事 |
[21:19] | I’d really like to show you something. | 我想给你看个东西 |
[21:22] | Mute call. | 话筒静音 |
[21:25] | Locate pin. | 定位 |
[21:30] | Front door camera. | 前门监控 |
[21:34] | Unmute call. | 取消静音 |
[21:36] | You coming down, or what? | 你要下来吗 |
[21:58] | A supermoon. | 超级月亮 |
[22:02] | I haven’t seen one of these in a while. | 我好久没见过这样的月亮了 |
[22:05] | I live for these. | 我就是为这而活的 |
[22:08] | I love the way the tide pulls out like that. | 我喜欢潮汐这样出来的样子 |
[22:12] | It reminds me of that scene in Moana when the sea pulls back | 让我想起《海洋奇缘》里海浪打回来 |
[22:14] | and lets the baby walk out across the ocean floor. | 让那个孩子在海底行走的场面 |
[22:19] | Seriously? Not even Moana? | 真的吗 《海洋奇缘》也没看过 |
[22:21] | Did you have a childhood? | 你没有童年的吗 |
[22:31] | So why does it pull back so far? | 为什么能打回来那么远 |
[22:36] | The tides are largely caused | 潮汐很大程度上 |
[22:37] | by the gravitational pull of the Moon. | 是由月球引力造成的 |
[22:40] | Supermoon brings supertides. | 超级月亮导致超级潮汐 |
[22:48] | Why did you come to get me? | 你为什么要来找我 |
[22:53] | Well, I was out here and I realized I didn’t want to look | 我在这里 意识到 |
[22:56] | at something so beautiful on my own. | 我不想独自欣赏如此美丽的东西 |
[23:01] | And I wanted to say I’m sorry. | 我想说我很抱歉 |
[23:04] | I never said it before, when we were together, | 之前我们在一起时我没说过 |
[23:06] | but I’m, I’m sorry about your dad dying. | 但我… 我很遗憾你爸的事 |
[23:11] | And I’m sorry about the way that your mother died. | 我很遗憾你母亲那样离世 |
[23:16] | I was treating you like a subject, not a person. | 我对待你的方式像是对一个研究物 而不是人 |
[23:20] | I do that sometimes. | 有的时候我会那样 |
[23:22] | Or, according to my exes, all the time. | 根据我的前任所说 我一直都那样 |
[23:24] | But, um, I should have warned you what was in that file | 但我应该在你打开前 |
[23:27] | before you opened it. | 警告你那些文件里有什么的 |
[23:33] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[23:37] | It must have been awful, | 那感觉一定很糟 |
[23:38] | losing your mother at such a young age. | 那么小就失去了妈妈 |
[23:42] | Not really. | 并没有 |
[23:44] | My mother was an irrational, unhinged depressive | 我妈是一个不理性 精神错乱 抑郁 |
[23:46] | with a death wish. | 一心寻死的人 |
[23:48] | In some ways, my life was actually easier after she died. | 从某种角度来说 她死了 我的生活其实更简单了 |
[23:52] | More stable, less surprises. | 更稳定 少一些意外 |
[24:01] | There was a moon like this one the night she killed herself. | 她自杀的那晚有一个这样的月亮 |
[24:04] | I was staying with my grandmother. | 我和我外婆在一起 |
[24:08] | I wanted to go outside to look at it, but my grandmother | 我想去外面看看 但我祖母不让 |
[24:10] | wouldn’t let me because there was a terrible storm. | 因为外面有很大的风暴 |
[24:25] | Bring up historical weather simulation for this location | 查一下30年前 |
[24:28] | 30 years ago, | 这个地点的天气情况 |
[24:30] | October 13, 7 p.m. Eastern Standard. | 10月13日东部标准时间晚上7点 |
[24:34] | Uh, what-what’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[24:35] | What are you…? | 你在… |
[24:36] | Just give me a minute. | 给我一分钟 |
[24:38] | Jump to 9 p.m. | 查一下9点的 |
[24:41] | Midnight. | 午夜 |
[24:45] | Jump to 3 a.m., please. | 凌晨3点 |
[24:53] | What just happened? What are you looking at? | 发生什么了 你在看什么 |
[24:56] | It doesn’t make sense. | 没道理啊 |
[24:58] | What doesn’t make sense? | 什么没道理 |
[25:00] | There was a supermoon the night my mother died. | 我妈死的那晚有超级月亮 |
[25:02] | And the nor’easter was blowing so strong | 东北风暴太强 |
[25:04] | that there was a negative storm surge. | 造成风暴潮减水 |
[25:07] | Pulled the tide out further than normal. | 比平时退得更多 |
[25:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:11] | The police report said that she walked off the jetty, | 警方的报告说她下了码头 |
[25:15] | but the water would have been | 但水位几个小时 |
[25:17] | low for several hours. | 都应该很低 |
[25:21] | There’s no way she could have drowned herself | 她不可能在这么低的水位 |
[25:25] | in water that shallow. | 溺死自己 |
[25:29] | Would’ve been like jumping into a bathtub. | 就像跳到浴缸里 |
[25:31] | But they found her body here, right? | 但是他们在这里发现了她的尸体 对吗 |
[25:33] | Up against the rocks. | 被冲到了石头上 |
[25:34] | That’s what her file said. | 文件里是这么说的 |
[25:36] | You think it’s wrong? | 你觉得不对吗 |
[25:39] | No, but… | 不是 但… |
[25:40] | What are you gonna do? | 你要怎么做 |
[25:42] | What if… | 如果… |
[25:44] | You gonna kill me? | 你会杀了我 |
[25:46] | You think that scares me? | 你觉得那能吓到我 |
[25:48] | I can’t be here. I have to go. | 我不能待在这里了 我得走了 |
[25:52] | Wait. Joanie… | 等等 琼妮… |
[25:53] | – Find car. – Slow down. Just talk to me. | -寻找车辆 -慢点 和我聊聊 |
[25:56] | I have been in pain my entire life. | 我这一生都很痛苦 |
[26:19] | T-Tighter. | 使劲 |
[26:22] | Tighter. | 使劲点 |
[26:23] | I said tighter. | 我说使劲点 |
[26:27] | – Is this your thing? – What? | -这是你的癖好吗 -什么 |
[26:29] | You like being, uh, choked? | 你喜欢被掐的感觉 |
[26:33] | – What if I do? – You seemed so resilient | -如果我是呢 -我们第一次见面的时候 |
[26:36] | when we first met, so pragmatic. | 你看起来很务实 很专断 |
[26:38] | – What is happening right now? – But… | -怎么回事 -但… |
[26:40] | this bit sort of leans in the other direction. | 这朝着另一个方向发展了 |
[26:43] | Would you say you have something of a-a-a death wish? | 你觉得你有自杀倾向吗 |
[26:45] | – What are you talking about? – My theory. | -你在说什么 -我的理论 |
[26:47] | Okay-okay, just-just hear me out. | 好了 听我说完 |
[26:52] | Resilience versus trauma. | 复原力与精神创伤 |
[26:55] | Which is stronger? Which will win? | 哪个更强 哪个会赢 |
[26:58] | I-I know a bit about your family. | 我对你的家庭有一点了解 |
[27:00] | Your parents split, which is, like, | 你父母分开了 |
[27:02] | perfect for a controlled experiment. | 完美的对照实验 |
[27:05] | On the one side, you’ve got your mother, | 一方面 你的母亲 |
[27:06] | who inherited trauma and eventually succumbed to… | 继承了创伤 最终屈服于… |
[27:09] | Succame? No, succumbed… | 屈佛于 不 是屈服于… |
[27:11] | – What? – …to her own trauma, | -什么 -她自己的创伤 |
[27:12] | and on the other side, you’ve got your dad, | 另一方面 你的父亲 |
[27:15] | who also inherited trauma, lost everyone around him, | 也继承了创伤 失去了身边的所有人 |
[27:19] | but somehow managed to find resilience. | 但他不知怎么就成功找到了复原能力 |
[27:22] | I think you should leave. | 你该离开了 |
[27:22] | So what I’m trying to figure out is where this leaves you. | 我想要弄清楚的是 这对你来说有什么影响 |
[27:25] | Are you resilient, | 你有能力复原 |
[27:27] | or are you self-destructive? | 还是自我毁灭 |
[27:29] | I mean, at first I would’ve said resilient. | 一开始我以为你是可以复原的 |
[27:30] | I mean, obviously, resilient. But now– | 很显然 你是有复原能力的 但是现在 |
[27:33] | Were you fucking me for research? | 你操我就是为了研究吗 |
[27:34] | What? No. I didn’t say… Did I just say that? | 什么 不 我没说… 我有这么说吗 |
[27:37] | Get the fuck out of this house. | 滚出去 |
[27:38] | – Joanie, come on… – No. | -琼妮 别这样 -不 |
[27:39] | …don’t be pissed, we’re both scientists. | 别生气 我们都是科学家 |
[28:32] | Gimme, it’s mine. | 给我 这是我的 |
[28:34] | It’s mine. | 是我的 |
[28:36] | Girls, why don’t you guys take turns? | 宝贝们 轮流玩好吗 |
[28:39] | Figure it out. | 想想办法 |
[28:48] | My girls. | 我的宝贝们 |
[28:50] | Grandma! | 外婆 |
[28:51] | Grandma! | 外婆 |
[28:55] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[28:57] | So beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[29:09] | Hi, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[29:18] | Ah, Luisa, I don’t know, | 路易莎 我不知道 |
[29:18] | what are we gonna do with all these extra cupcakes? | 这么多纸杯蛋糕要怎么处理 |
[29:20] | The girls are gonna be on a high for, well, weeks. | 孩子们会兴奋好几周的 |
[29:23] | They can bring ’em to school tomorrow. | 明天她们可以带去学校 |
[29:28] | Babe, tomorrow’s Saturday. | 宝贝 明天是周六 |
[29:33] | Right. | 对哦 |
[29:35] | Um… don’t they have a birthday party? Gina? | 吉娜不是要开生日派对吗 |
[29:40] | – Yes. Yes, that’s… right. – Well, she can take them there. | -对 没错 -她可以带这些蛋糕去 |
[29:44] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[29:51] | You know, um… I got to jump on a call in a bit. | 我得马上去接个电话 |
[29:55] | Give you guys a chance to catch up with each other. | 好让你们有机会聊一聊 |
[29:58] | Bring the stuff in and I’ll throw ’em in the dishwasher, okay? | 把餐具收进去 我会扔到洗碗机里 |
[30:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[30:08] | Well, I’m glad the timing worked out. | 我很高兴有这样的时机 |
[30:11] | Paul says you’ve been running yourself ragged with work. | 保罗说你一直忙于工作 |
[30:16] | Oh, it’s not that bad. | 没那么严重 |
[30:17] | Just feels like it because this last trip came out of nowhere. | 因为上一次突如其来的旅行 我得赶工 |
[30:21] | Well, between that and the kids, you deserve a break. | 在工作和照顾孩子之余 你应该休息一下 |
[30:34] | Well, if I work too much, it’s your fault. | 我要是工作过度 都怪你 |
[30:38] | Who else would I have gotten it from? | 这都是遗传你的 |
[30:40] | You work just as hard as you did when you were still my age. | 你还跟我这个年纪一样拼命工作 |
[30:46] | Warning. Sensor error. | 警报 传感器故障 |
[30:48] | – Your garden levels are off. – Paul? | -花园水位下降 -保罗 |
[30:50] | Can you check the level monitor in the vertical garden? | 你能检查一下悬挂式花园的水位监测仪吗 |
[30:53] | Needs to be reset. | 它需要重置 |
[30:59] | How was Montauk? | 蒙托克之行怎么样 |
[31:01] | Was it weird to be back? | 回去会感觉很奇怪吗 |
[31:04] | Dad left the house a huge mess. | 爸爸把房子弄得一团糟 |
[31:07] | It made me feel guilty, actually. | 其实这让我感到愧疚 |
[31:10] | That he died alone out there. | 他孤独地在那里死去了 |
[31:13] | I should’ve convinced him to move out here with us. | 我本该说服他和我们一起搬出来 |
[31:16] | I mean, the way he was living, no electricity, no companion… | 他过着没有电也没有陪伴的日子 |
[31:19] | Mm, no. You shouldn’t feel guilty. | 不 你不该感到愧疚 |
[31:24] | He was not gonna leave Montauk, no matter what. | 无论如何 他都不会离开蒙托克的 |
[31:29] | He was the most determined person on the planet. | 他是这世界上最坚定的人 |
[31:36] | That’s where you get it from, my love. | 你的坚定正是遗传了他 亲爱的 |
[31:39] | Not from me. | 而不是我 |
[31:43] | You think I’m like him? | 你觉得我像他吗 |
[31:47] | Yeah. Exactly like him. | 嗯 跟他一模一样 |
[31:52] | But this is a compliment. | 但这是称赞 |
[31:55] | I know how much you loved him, Mom. | 我知道你有多爱他 妈妈 |
[32:03] | I found some sort of shrine at Dad’s. | 我在爸爸的住处发现了神龛 |
[32:07] | Bunch of letters. Photographs. | 还有一些信件和照片 |
[32:12] | Of who? | 那是谁的 |
[32:15] | Alison. | 艾莉森 |
[32:19] | What did you do with it? | 你是怎么处理的 |
[32:21] | I threw it out. | 我丢出去了 |
[32:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:28] | Because I hate looking at her. | 因为我讨厌看到她 |
[32:31] | You don’t mean that. | 你不是真心的 |
[32:32] | Actually, I do. | 其实是真的 |
[32:35] | She ruined everything. | 她毁掉了一切 |
[32:38] | You know, the only good memories I really have of being a child | 我童年唯一美好的记忆 |
[32:44] | are in Montauk. | 是在蒙托克 |
[32:46] | When you and Dad were together. | 当你和爸爸还在一起的时候 |
[32:50] | After Alison died and you guys split up… | 艾莉森死了之后 你们分开了 |
[32:55] | …that was it. | 就这样 |
[32:57] | My childhood was over. | 我的童年结束了 |
[33:01] | Your mother was in a tremendous amount of pain. | 你的母亲非常痛苦 |
[33:04] | She was not a strong person. Not like you. | 她不是个坚强的人 不像你 |
[33:08] | But she loved you. | 但她爱你 |
[33:09] | Come on, I was the replacement child. | 算了吧 我是个用来代替的孩子 |
[33:12] | Oh, my God, don’t say that. | 天啊 别这么说 |
[33:15] | Sometimes I think she just wanted the rest of us | 有时候我觉得她就是想让我们所有人 |
[33:17] | to be in as much pain as she was. | 都和她一样痛苦 |
[33:19] | And that’s why she… | 因此她… |
[33:29] | What? | 什么 |
[33:34] | Why didn’t we ever talk about the night she died? | 我们怎么没有谈过她死去的那一晚 |
[33:37] | About how it happened? | 她是怎么死的 |
[33:42] | How are you supposed to talk to a seven-year-old about suicide? | 你该怎么跟一个七岁的孩子说自杀 |
[33:48] | You sure it was suicide? | 你确定那是自杀吗 |
[33:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:54] | I mean, it was terrible, but it was not surprising, | 这很可怕 但鉴于她的经历 |
[33:56] | given her history. | 这并不意外 |
[34:00] | Why would you ask that? | 你怎么会问这个 |
[34:05] | No reason. | 没有原因 |
[34:09] | Never mind. | 不要紧 |
[34:14] | Look. Your father spent his life chasing Alison’s ghost. | 听着 你的父亲一生都在追逐艾莉森的鬼魂 |
[34:21] | Doubting, questioning, wondering what if. | 怀疑 质疑 想知道要是她没自杀会如何 |
[34:48] | Ow, Mommy, you’re hurting me! | 妈妈 你弄疼我了 |
[34:50] | When Daddy does it, it doesn’t hurt! | 爸爸就不会弄疼我 |
[34:52] | When is it my turn? | 什么时候轮到我 |
[34:54] | – When is it my turn? – Thea, it’ll be your turn | -什么时候轮到我 -西娅 马上就会 |
[34:56] | in just a minute, okay? | 轮到你 好吗 |
[34:57] | Warning. Sensor error. | 警报 传感器故障 |
[34:58] | – Get Daddy so you can’t hurt me. – Your garden levels are off. | -让爸爸来 你别弄疼我 -花园水位下降 |
[35:00] | When is it my turn? When is it my…? | 什么时候轮到我 什么时候轮到我 |
[35:05] | My son died. | 我的儿子死了 |
[35:06] | He died in my fucking arms. | 他就死在我怀里 |
[35:08] | Mommy. | 妈妈 |
[35:12] | Oh, Maddy, I’m so sorry. Sweetheart– | 玛蒂 我很抱歉 亲爱的 |
[35:13] | Don’t touch me! Don’t touch me! | 别碰我 别碰我 |
[35:16] | – Warning. Sensor error. – All you do is hurt me. | -警报 传感器故障 -你就只会伤害我 |
[35:18] | – Your garden levels are off. – All you do is hurt me! | -花园氧气水平下降 -你只会伤害我 |
[35:26] | Your garden levels are off. | 花园氧气水平下降 |
[35:30] | 警报 氧气水平低下 一氧化碳超标 | |
[35:35] | Warning. Sensor error. | 警报 传感器故障 |
[35:37] | Your garden levels are off. | 花园氧气水平下降 |
[35:45] | Warning. Sensor error. | 警报 传感器故障 |
[35:47] | Your garden levels are off. | 花园氧气水平下降 |
[35:55] | Warning. Sensor error. | 警报 传感器故障 |
[35:57] | Your garden levels are off. | 花园氧气水平下降 |
[36:00] | Check oxygen. | 检查氧气 |
[36:05] | Warning. Sensor error. | 警报 传感器故障 |
[36:07] | -Your garden levels are off. -I said check oxygen! | -花园氧气水平下降 -检查氧气 |
[36:15] | Warning. Sensor error. | 警报 传感器故障 |
[36:17] | Your garden levels are off. | 花园氧气水平下降 |
[36:24] | Warning. Sensor error. | 警报 传感器故障 |
[36:47] | Joanie, what are you doing? | 琼妮 你在做什么 |
[36:49] | What’s the matter with you? | 你在搞什么 |
[36:49] | Stop! | 住手 |
[36:50] | – Why? – What do you mean by why? | -为什么 -什么为什么 |
[36:52] | Because we need this. | 因为我们需要这些 |
[36:53] | – It’s broken. – Okay. I’ll get it fixed, okay? | -它坏了 -我来修好 好吗 |
[36:55] | Just… just leave it alone. I’ll get it fixed. | 你别管了 我来修好 |
[36:58] | I got guys coming in tomorrow. | 我已经叫人明天来修了 |
[37:00] | It’s gonna be so expensive. | 会很贵的 |
[37:07] | Look, it’s just… it’s just money. | 钱的事都不是事儿 |
[37:21] | Paul, just, just leave it. | 保罗 你别管了 |
[37:27] | Paul, it doesn’t matter, just leave it. | 保罗 没关系 别管了 |
[37:28] | It does matter. | 有关系 |
[37:30] | It-it makes oxygen. | 它能制造氧气 |
[37:32] | And our family’s eventually gonna need it. | 而且我们一家人最终还是会需要的 |
[37:34] | – It’s never gonna be enough. – Sure it will. | -那也不够 -够的 |
[37:36] | No. It won’t. | 不够 |
[37:38] | When the time comes, when it really comes, | 当末日真的来临 |
[37:41] | what are we gonna do? | 我们怎么办 |
[37:42] | Stay in this house forever, just the four of us, | 我们四个永远待在家里 |
[37:43] | living on strawberries and air? | 靠着草莓和空气为生吗 |
[37:46] | What is going on with you, Joanie? | 你怎么回事 琼妮 |
[37:49] | I mean, was it being back at Montauk? | 回蒙托克让你不开心了吗 |
[37:50] | Because I don’t understand what’s happening. | 因为我不知道发生了什么 |
[37:52] | Why are we trying to live past the point | 为什么外面空气充斥着剧毒时 |
[37:54] | that the air outside is toxic? | 我们还要想着活下去 |
[37:56] | Because we have two beautiful young girls | 因为我们有两个漂亮的女儿 |
[37:59] | who we need to see survive. | 我们需要看到她们活下去 |
[38:00] | Don’t you get it? | 你搞清楚 |
[38:02] | This garden isn’t gonna keep our children alive! | 这个花园不能让我们的孩子活下去 |
[38:05] | Nothing is! | 什么都不行 |
[38:06] | The world is becoming uninhabitable. | 这个世界已经变得不宜居住 |
[38:08] | Our children are fucked! | 我们的孩子都完蛋了 |
[38:10] | We’re just shepherding them towards the apocalypse, | 我们只是在引导她们走向末日 |
[38:12] | waiting for the day when we get to watch them die! | 等待着我们看着她们死亡的那一天 |
[38:15] | Will you keep your goddamn voice down? | 你能小点声吗 |
[38:17] | All right? You need to get some sleep. | 好吗 去睡会儿吧 |
[38:19] | You’ll feel better tomorrow. | 明天会感觉好一点的 |
[38:20] | I’m not gonna feel better tomorrow. | 明天也不会好 |
[38:21] | Tomorrow will just be one step closer to the end, | 明天只不过是离末日更近一步 |
[38:23] | and it’s not gonna get better. | 明天也不会变得更好 |
[38:25] | And the fact that you can’t see that | 你看不清楚现实 |
[38:27] | makes me really question your intelligence. | 真让我怀疑你的智商 |
[38:37] | Then why did we adopt them, Joanie? | 那我们收养她们是为何 琼妮 |
[38:40] | Why did we bring them here? If there’s no hope, | 我们带她们来这干嘛 如果没有希望 |
[38:42] | why didn’t we leave them in Senegal to die? | 为什么我们不把他们留在塞内加尔等死 |
[38:46] | That was your idea. Not mine. | 那是你的主意 不是我的 |
[38:55] | Now you’re just trying to hurt me. | 你这就是故意伤人了 |
[38:59] | I’m going to bed. | 我去睡觉了 |
[39:00] | Hope to see you there sometime before morning. | 天亮前你也赶紧休息一会儿吧 |
[39:02] | Paul, wait. | 保罗 等等 |
[39:08] | Yeah? | 怎么 |
[39:17] | I’ve been cheating on you. | 我一直在劈腿 |
[39:22] | For years. | 好多年了 |
[39:40] | Get out. | 滚 |
[39:42] | No. | 不 |
[39:43] | Get the fuck out. | 给我滚 |
[39:45] | No. This is your whole problem. | 不 这都是你的问题 |
[39:47] | This is the 20th-century, romantic, monogamous bullshit. | 20世纪什么鬼浪漫的一夫一妻制 |
[39:51] | What, you don’t fucking believe in monogamy? | 什么 你不同意一夫一妻制吗 |
[39:53] | I’m your husband! Thanks for telling me. | 我是你丈夫 谢谢你的坦白 |
[39:54] | Literally nothing has changed between us. | 我们之间并没有变化 |
[39:56] | – I still love you. – Don’t you fucking dare. | -我依然爱着你 -你他妈闭嘴 |
[39:58] | Thirty seconds ago you wanted me to come to bed. | 30秒前你还叫我上床睡觉 |
[40:00] | We’re still the same people we were 30 seconds ago. | 我们还是30秒前的那两个人 |
[40:03] | – Nothing has changed. – Everything has changed! | -什么都没变 -一切都变了 |
[40:05] | Everything! | 一切 |
[40:12] | You’re so fucking broken, Joanie. | 你真有病 琼妮 |
[40:17] | You need to go, just get out. | 你走吧 快滚 |
[40:19] | Get out. | 滚 |
[40:21] | Get… the fuck out. | 快他妈滚 |
[40:24] | Get out! | 滚 |
[41:01] | Hey, can I come over? | 我能去你家吗 |
[41:08] | You just happened to be nowhere near my neighborhood? | 你碰巧没在我家附近吗 |
[41:12] | Singles? | 《单身一族》 |
[41:14] | Cameron Crowe? I… never mind. | 卡梅隆·克洛 算了 |
[41:17] | – Can I come in? – Of course. | -我能进来吗 -当然 |
[41:25] | What’s wrong with you? Why don’t you have any stuff? | 你怎么回事 你家怎么什么都没有 |
[41:28] | What do you mean? I have stuff. | 什么叫什么都没有 |
[41:29] | Don’t you have any pictures | 你有家人的… |
[41:31] | of, like, your family? | 照片吗 |
[41:34] | My father died right before I was born, so I never knew him. | 我出生前我爸就过世了 我从不了解他 |
[41:38] | I keep a photo of my mom on my phone. You want to see it? | 我手机里有我妈的照片 要看吗 |
[41:41] | No, that’s okay. | 不用了 |
[41:46] | Can I have a drink or something? | 有喝的吗 |
[41:47] | Yes, you can. | 有 |
[41:49] | Coming right up. Bourbon good? | 一会就来 波旁酒可以吗 |
[42:16] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 干嘛那样看着我 |
[42:18] | I’m just trying to figure out | 我想试着搞清楚 |
[42:19] | whether or not I should try to kiss you. | 自己是不是该亲你 |
[42:21] | Are you fucking kidding me right now? | 你在开什么玩笑 |
[42:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[42:25] | That answers that question. | 我有答案了 |
[42:27] | I do want to state, though, for the record, | 我想先声明 |
[42:31] | I’m actually quite good in bed. | 我床技挺好 |
[42:35] | Not really. | 才不呢 |
[42:36] | No, I am. I’m great. | 我真的很棒 |
[42:38] | The circumstances last night were a bit… | 昨晚的情况有点… |
[42:41] | extenuating. | 也算情有可原 |
[42:42] | I wasn’t at my best, but, uh, normally I’m dynamite. | 我状态不佳 但平常的我可是个打桩机 |
[42:46] | – Okay. – Just wanted to set the record straight. | -好的 -我就想澄清下 |
[42:50] | So… why are you here? | 你怎么来了 |
[42:58] | Did you know my dad called 911 before he died? | 你知道我爸死前打了求救电话吗 |
[43:02] | No. | 不知道 |
[43:03] | He had a heart attack. | 他心脏病发 |
[43:06] | The EMTs told me that they found him on the floor near his bed. | 急救医生说他们在床边的地板上发现了他 |
[43:11] | He was trying to crawl to his heart meds. | 他正挣扎着想去拿药 |
[43:13] | That’s terrible. I’m sorry. | 太不幸了 很遗憾 |
[43:17] | If somebody else had been there, he would have made it. | 如果身边有人 他就不会死 |
[43:20] | – You don’t know that. – I do, actually. | -你可不知道 -事实上我知道 |
[43:23] | I asked at his autopsy. | 他尸检的时候我问了医生 |
[43:27] | He took a while to die. | 他挣扎了一会儿才死的 |
[43:30] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[43:30] | I abandoned him. | 是我抛弃了他 |
[43:34] | Just like my mother did. | 就像我妈曾经那样 |
[43:35] | But I thought… at the jetty, didn’t you decide | 但我以为… 在码头 你不是… |
[43:37] | – that your mother… – No, when-when she left him | -说你妈… -不 我是说她… |
[43:39] | for Noah Solloway. | 为了诺亚·索洛维离开他时 |
[43:42] | Do you know anything about that? | 你知道这些事吗 |
[43:44] | – Only a little. – She left him | -一点点 -她离开他… |
[43:45] | right before I was born, for this married guy | 就在我出生前 为了这个… |
[43:48] | that just showed up in town with his family. | 和家人来镇上旅游的已婚男 |
[43:52] | She waited on his table and then she stole him from his wife. | 她为他服务 然后从他老婆身边把他偷走 |
[43:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[43:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[44:02] | That’s who my mother was. | 那就是我妈 |
[44:06] | My father never got over it. | 我爸一直没释怀 |
[44:07] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[44:10] | he got married again, to my stepmother, | 他虽然娶了我后妈 |
[44:15] | but he never really loved her. | 但他从没真心爱过她 |
[44:20] | When my mother finally died, | 我妈最后死的时候 |
[44:21] | he… fell apart… | 他崩溃了 |
[44:24] | and they broke up. | 然后他们分开了 |
[44:28] | How old were you? | 你那时多大 |
[44:31] | Seven. | 七岁 |
[44:39] | My dad and I were mostly alone after that, for years. | 从那以后 我和我爸几乎独自生活了数年 |
[44:44] | We left Montauk, we moved to Vermont. | 我们离开了蒙托克 搬去了佛蒙特 |
[44:47] | He had a little horse farm. | 他开了一个小马场 |
[44:51] | But he never got married again. | 但再也没结过婚 |
[44:54] | He didn’t even date. | 甚至都不出去约会 |
[44:58] | He just put all his focus on me. | 他把心都放在我身上 |
[45:03] | And… | 后来 |
[45:07] | when I left for college, he moved home. | 我大学毕业以后 他搬了家 |
[45:14] | The truth is… | 问题是 |
[45:19] | …I was relieved… | 我感觉如释重负 |
[45:23] | …not to spend so much time with him. | 因为不用陪着他 |
[45:27] | His love was… | 他的爱 |
[45:31] | suffocating. | 令人窒息 |
[45:36] | I felt like I could never let him down. | 我感觉我绝不能让他失望 |
[45:41] | Like I had to make up for all the terrible things | 就好像我要为我妈对他所做的 |
[45:43] | that she’d done to him. | 做出补偿 |
[45:47] | But it didn’t work. I… I couldn’t do it. | 但那不管用 我做不到 |
[45:51] | And he died of a broken heart anyway. | 他最后也是心碎而死 |
[45:53] | Joanie, that’s not true. | 琼妮 不是那样的 |
[45:54] | Come on. He was an old man. | 他老了 |
[45:56] | He was 72. | 他才72岁 |
[46:00] | Ever since he died, I feel like | 自从他死后 我感觉… |
[46:02] | I can’t hold her out of me anymore, | 我脑子里一直都在想她的事 |
[46:04] | like she’s possessing me. | 像是她已经占据了我 |
[46:08] | I think about killing myself all the time now. | 我现在时常会想自杀 |
[46:12] | On subway platforms, | 在地铁站台上 |
[46:13] | when I’m holding a bottle of pills in my hand, | 当我手里拿着一瓶药丸时 |
[46:16] | when a fucking truck goes by. | 当卡车经过时 |
[46:18] | I have violent sex with strangers, | 我与陌生人粗暴地做爱 |
[46:20] | I work and I work | 我不断工作 |
[46:21] | and I work some more | 一心只想着工作 |
[46:22] | because I’m afraid of having any time to myself | 因为我害怕有自己的空闲时间 |
[46:25] | because I’m afraid of what I will do with it. | 因为我害怕我会用那些时间来做什么 |
[46:30] | I’ve spent my whole life | 我这一辈子 |
[46:34] | shaping myself to be the opposite of her, | 都在努力摆脱她的影子 |
[46:38] | and it’s not working anymore. | 那不再管用了 |
[46:41] | None of it | 一切… |
[46:41] | – is fucking working. – Joanie, | -都不管用了 -琼妮 |
[46:44] | your mother didn’t kill herself. | 你妈不是自杀的 |
[46:46] | Isn’t that what we figured out at the jetty? | 在码头我们不是搞清楚了吗 |
[46:47] | I don’t know! She probably did. | 我不知道 有可能是 |
[46:51] | You can drown in a bathtub. | 浴缸也能溺死人 |
[46:56] | And she wanted to die. Everybody said so. | 而且她也一心求死 人人都这样说 |
[46:59] | Maybe this is just some stupid childhood fantasy of mine | 也许这是我的一些愚蠢的童年幻想 |
[47:03] | because I don’t want to believe | 因为我不愿意相信 |
[47:05] | that she actually just fucking left me! | 她离开了我 |
[47:08] | Joanie. Joanie, listen to me. | 琼妮 听我说 |
[47:12] | This is grief. | 这很不幸 |
[47:14] | Yes, yes, it is. | 是的 很不幸 |
[47:18] | Your dad just died. | 你爸死了 |
[47:21] | Have you even… have you mourned for him? | 你有悼念过他吗 |
[47:25] | You need to do that. | 你需要那样做 |
[47:28] | That’s why you feel like you’re going insane. | 这就是为什么你感觉自己就要发疯 |
[47:29] | You don’t let yourself feel anything. | 你不让自己去感知 |
[47:33] | I don’t know how. | 我不知道怎么做 |
[47:34] | – Of course you do. – No, I really don’t. | -你当然知道 -真不知道 |
[47:36] | L-Let’s talk about him. | 我们聊聊他 |
[47:38] | What was he like? What did you love about him? | 他是怎样的人 你喜欢他什么地方 |
[47:42] | He was wonderful. | 他很棒 |
[47:44] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[47:47] | He could… | 他能… |
[47:49] | he could do anything, you know? | 他什么都会做 |
[47:50] | He, uh, he could ride a horse, | 他会骑马 |
[47:54] | he could surf, he could fix a car. | 会冲浪 会修车 |
[47:58] | He picked up farming when we moved to Vermont, | 我们搬去佛蒙特 他又要重新开始务农 |
[48:00] | and he was, he was good at that, too. | 他也很在行 |
[48:04] | And-and he was so kind. | 他很善良 |
[48:09] | He was… he was like a pain-seeking missile. | 他就像痛苦追踪导弹 |
[48:13] | I… Wherever we went, | 我… 无论我们去哪 |
[48:15] | he’d find someone who was suffering and… | 他都能找到正在受折磨的人 |
[48:20] | he’d figure out how to make their lives | 他给给他们指条明路 |
[48:22] | just a little easier. | 让他们生活得轻松一点 |
[48:33] | I wanted him to meet someone else so badly. | 我多希望他去再找个人 |
[48:38] | Someone who could… | 能遇到一个 |
[48:42] | …look after him so that I didn’t have to. | 能照顾他的人 这样我就解放了 |
[48:50] | Hey, do you remember that box you gave me? | 你记得你给我的那个箱子吗 |
[48:52] | The one with all your grandfather’s letters in it? | 那个装满你爷爷的信的箱子 |
[48:55] | I mean, I didn’t exactly give it to you, but… | 我并没有给你 但… |
[48:58] | Did you ever look through it? | 你有好好看过吗 |
[49:00] | Sort of, quickly. | 快速浏览过吧 |
[49:03] | I found something you should maybe see. | 我发现一些东西 你也许应该看看 |
[49:29] | Why was your dad obsessing about a handsome Marine | 你爸为什么沉迷一个叫本杰明·克鲁兹的 |
[49:32] | named Benjamin Cruz? | 帅哥海军 |
[49:37] | So, here’s my theory. Just hear me out. | 我是这样想的 你听我说 |
[49:39] | I interviewed your dad a few times. | 我采访过你爸几次 |
[49:41] | I liked him, but he was very, very closed. | 我很喜欢他 但他很封闭 |
[49:46] | He just seemed like a man with a lot of secrets. | 他像是一个深藏秘密的人 |
[49:49] | Maybe he had a lover. | 也许他有个爱人 |
[49:52] | Maybe that’s why he never remarried. | 也许那就是他没再婚的原因 |
[49:53] | Maybe that’s why he moved back to Montauk. | 也许那就是他搬回蒙托克的原因 |
[49:56] | Did you ever see Brokeback Mountain? | 你看过《断背山》吗 |
[49:58] | I think maybe we’re all just looking for our own Jack Twist. | 我觉得我们都在找自己的杰克·崔斯特 |
[50:02] | – Who? – Oh, Joanie. | -谁 -琼妮 |
[50:05] | You’re breaking my heart. | 你真伤我心 |
[50:13] | I don’t know who the hell Benjamin Cruz is. | 我不知道这个本杰明·克鲁兹是谁 |
[50:18] | But… thank you. | 但谢谢你 |
[50:23] | For what? | 为什么 |
[50:24] | You made me feel better. | 你让我感觉好些了 |
[50:28] | My pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[50:30] | It’s really late. I should go. | 挺晚了 我得走了 |
[50:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[50:59] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[51:03] | Don’t you want this? | 你不想吗 |
[51:06] | You gonna throw me out when it’s over? | 啪完后你会把我赶出去吗 |
[51:10] | This is your apartment. | 这是你家 |
[51:13] | Good point. | 说得好 |
[51:51] | I have been in pain… | 我痛苦的… |
[51:53] | Come here, kiddo. | 过来 孩子 |
[51:55] | Hi, Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[51:57] | – Come here. – …my entire life. | -过来 -过了一辈子 |
[52:03] | Look at you. You look great. | 看看你 可真美 |
[52:04] | And maybe that’s what makes people think -that I’m weak. | 也许这让人觉得我很脆弱 |
[52:07] | We made some cookies this morning… | 我们今早做了些饼干 |
[52:09] | And maybe that makes people | 也许那让人… |
[52:11] | treat me like some sort of receptacle… | 把我当成出气筒 |
[52:14] | Not gonna see you all weekend. | 要整个周末看不到你了 |
[52:15] | – Bye, Mama. – Bye, baby. | -再见 妈妈 -再见 宝贝 |
[52:17] | …for all their grief | 在他们悲伤 |
[52:20] | and rage… | 愤怒… |
[52:28] | – …and disappointment. – Don’t I know you? | -以及失望的时候 -我认识你吗 |
[52:33] | I don’t think so. | 不认识 |
[52:35] | Cole? | 科尔 |
[52:37] | This is my friend Ben. | 这是我朋友本 |
[52:41] | Nice to meet you, Cole. | 很高兴见到你 科尔 |
[52:46] | But I am fucking sick of it. | 但我受够了 |
[53:04] | 当地一男子被控告严重伤人 他声称是为了保护他妻子 | |
[53:05] | Everything okay? | 你还好吗 |
[53:17] | He wasn’t my dad’s boyfriend. | 他不是我爸的男友 |
[53:20] | He was my mother’s. | 他是我妈的男友 |
[53:24] | I think he killed her. | 我想是他杀了她 |
[53:40] | Why did you go? | 你怎么离开了 |
[53:41] | I don’t know how to answer that. | 我不知道怎么回答 |
[53:42] | Was it Alison? | 因为艾莉森吗 |
[53:44] | Did you just love her more than you loved esle? | 你爱她比爱所有人更多吗 |
[53:47] | I wanna see Joanie. | 我想见琼妮 |
[53:48] | You can just once in and out her life when it’s convient. | 你不能就这样为一己之便进入她的生活 |
[53:51] | Hi, are you Benjemin Cruz? | 你好 你是本杰明·克鲁兹吗 |
[53:53] | I think I suferd from PTSD. | 我想我患上了创伤后应激障碍症 |
[53:56] | Good lie. Hello, Joanie. | 你撒谎 你是琼妮 |
[53:58] | You are finally here. | 你终于来了 |
[54:00] | Did you just kill my mother? | 是不是你杀了我妈 |
[54:02] | You’re just like her. | 你跟她一样 |