时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I don’t want to have to pay the rent by myself every month. | 我不想每个月自己付房租 |
[00:08] | Let’s just go get married at city hall tonight. | 我们今晚就去市政厅登记结婚 |
[00:10] | I want a wedding, at my grandparents’ house. | 我想要一场婚礼 在外公外婆的房子里办 |
[00:12] | Whitney, this marriage thing, | 惠特尼 结婚这事 |
[00:13] | you don’t have to do it, you know. | 你不是非做不可 |
[00:15] | But, actually, Dad, I do, | 是的 老爸 但实际上我非结不可 |
[00:16] | because if I don’t, | 因为如果我不结婚 |
[00:17] | then Colin has to leave the country. | 科林就得离开美国 |
[00:18] | I’m desperate for a date to my opening tomorrow. | 我对明天开业的约会已经迫不及待了 |
[00:22] | – Dashiell Boucicault. – Hi. | -达希尔·布西科 -你好 |
[00:25] | He likes to watch. | 他喜欢看 |
[00:27] | He could give you a gallery. | 他可以给你一间画廊 |
[00:30] | – I’m married. – Thank you for finally telling me. | -我结婚了 -谢谢你终于告诉我了 |
[00:32] | – That’s it? – What do you want me to say? | -就这些吗 -你想让我说什么 |
[00:34] | Doesn’t matter. You love me, too. | 没关系 你也爱我 |
[00:35] | Oh, it does matter. And I don’t forgive you. | 有关系 我不原谅你 |
[00:39] | And how can I tell you I love you? I don’t even know you. | 我怎么说得出口我爱你 我根本不了解你 |
[00:55] | You’re working so calmly | 你在母亲去世的地方 |
[00:57] | in the place where your mother died. | 还能如此冷静地工作 |
[00:59] | 溺水自杀 肺里有积水 | |
[01:00] | You were right. | 你说的对 |
[01:00] | She died at the jetty. | 她在码头死的 |
[01:02] | Why was your dad obsessing about | 你爸为什么沉迷一个 |
[01:04] | a Marine named Benjamin Cruz? | 叫本杰明·克鲁兹的 |
[01:07] | I think he killed her. | 我想是他杀了她 |
[02:25] | 第一话 诺亚 | |
[03:29] | Thank God you’re here. | 谢天谢地你来了 |
[03:31] | Your grandfather’s been driving me bonkers. | 你外公快把我逼疯了 |
[03:35] | – Noah. – Margaret. | -诺亚 -玛格丽特 |
[03:37] | – Where’s Helen? – Oh, I told you, Grandma. | -海伦呢 -我和你说过了 外婆 |
[03:39] | She couldn’t come. She had to work. | 她来不了 她得工作 |
[03:41] | Well, that’s just disgusting. | 那可太糟糕了 |
[03:42] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么觉得 |
[03:44] | Well, of course it is. | 当然糟糕了 |
[03:45] | This is your wedding. | 这是你的婚礼 |
[03:46] | What could be more important than your wedding, Whitney? | 还有什么比你的婚礼更重要 惠特尼 |
[03:49] | I swear I brought your mother up better than that. | 我发誓我把你妈教育得比这要好 |
[03:51] | I really did. | 真的 |
[03:54] | Oh, well. She’s a lost cause. | 好吧 她没救了 |
[03:56] | You’re my only hope for happiness now. | 你现在是我开心的唯一希望了 |
[03:59] | Ugh. Come upstairs. | 来上楼 |
[04:00] | I’ve laid out all the bridal magazines. | 我把所有的婚礼杂志都摆出来了 |
[04:03] | Noah, take Whitney’s things to the blue room. | 诺亚 把惠特尼的东西拿到客房 |
[04:05] | You’re in the basement. | 你住地下室 |
[04:06] | Oh, and see if you can find Bruce. | 对了 看看能不能找到布鲁斯 |
[04:08] | He’d be thrilled to see you. | 他见到你肯定高兴 |
[04:17] | Hey. Hey, Bruce. | 你好 你好啊 布鲁斯 |
[04:20] | – Hi. – H…hello. | -你好啊 -你好 |
[04:25] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[04:27] | Uh, Noah. | 诺亚 |
[04:30] | Noah. Noah Solloway? | 诺亚 诺亚·索洛维 |
[04:32] | – I’m your ex? – Oh, oh. Yes, of course. | -我是你的前女婿 -对 对 |
[04:34] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[04:35] | Uh, Bruce Butler. | 布鲁斯·巴特勒 |
[04:37] | Margaret told me you were coming. | 玛格丽特跟我说你要来 |
[04:39] | The writer. Uh… | 那个作家… |
[04:41] | She says you’ve published multiple books. | 她说你已经出了很多书了 |
[04:43] | That’s right, yeah. | 是的 对 |
[04:44] | Wow, that’s impressive. | 可真棒 |
[04:46] | Uh, you know, there’s a great expression. | 人们都说 |
[04:52] | “No one has one book in him, but…” | “没人能写第一本书 但…” |
[04:55] | Um. It’s, uh… | 是… |
[04:57] | I think it’s, “Everyone has one book in them. | 我想是”人人都能写第一本书 |
[05:00] | Almost nobody has two.” | 能写第二本的就少了” |
[05:03] | Oh. Uh… That’s not very nice. | 这话可不好听 |
[05:07] | Uh, you know, I always wanted to be a writer. | 我跟你说 我一直都想当一名作家 |
[05:10] | But there never seemed to be enough hours in the day. | 但每天的时间都不够用 |
[05:15] | Are you hungry? I was craving some, uh, | 你饿吗 我在弄… |
[05:18] | some of these, uh… | 弄这个… |
[05:20] | – Some of these? – Here. | -这个 -给 |
[05:21] | Bruce, let– let me make those for you. | 布鲁斯 我来吧 |
[05:22] | No. No, no, you’re our guest. | 不 不 不 你是客人 |
[05:24] | You know… No, no. You… have…have some coffee. | 不 不用 你喝点咖啡 |
[05:27] | Uh, uh, I have no idea how to use that machine. | 我不知道怎么用这个机器 |
[05:31] | Sure, I’ll make some. | 好 我来吧 |
[05:34] | Um, are you, uh, you married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[05:39] | Uh, no. Divorced. | 没有 离婚了 |
[05:43] | Twice, actually. | 离了两次 其实 |
[05:44] | Well, that’s probably why you have so much time to write. | 那可能是你有这么多时间写作的原因 |
[05:48] | I’m more of a family man, myself. | 我是一个顾家的人 |
[05:51] | Bruce, no. | 布鲁斯 不 |
[05:53] | Oh… Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 |
[05:57] | – It’OK… – I Just, I just wanted to ? | -没事的 -我只是…我只是想… |
[06:00] | It’s…it’s all right, it’s all right. Shh, shh. | 没事的 没事的 没事的 |
[06:04] | We’re trying to set boundaries for Bruce. | 我们尝试在给布鲁斯设定界限 |
[06:07] | Some new expectations. | 一些新的期望 |
[06:08] | While you’re here, I’d appreciate it | 既然你来了 如果你能对此有所帮助的话 |
[06:10] | if you could help with that. | 我很感谢 |
[06:11] | I’m sorry. I didn’t… I didn’t know. | 对不起 我不…我不知道 |
[06:13] | Well, now you do. | 现在你知道了 |
[06:16] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[06:18] | Ah. What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[06:20] | – I’m getting married. – What? To this fellow? | -我要结婚了 -什么 和他 |
[06:24] | Why, Helly-belly, that’s fantastic. | 海伦宝贝 那太棒了 |
[06:26] | Does this mean that you’ve finally broken up | 也就是说你终于和那个 |
[06:28] | with that kid from Pennsylvania? | 宾夕法尼亚的孩子分手了吗 |
[06:30] | The…the one that was practically a mute? | 那个呆瓜 |
[06:31] | Bruce, this is Whitney. | 布鲁斯 这是惠特尼 |
[06:33] | Helen is your daughter. This is your granddaughter. | 海伦是你女儿 这是你外孙女 |
[06:37] | G…granddaughter? | 外孙女 |
[06:38] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我受不了了 |
[06:40] | It’s okay. Margaret, it’s okay. | 没事的 玛格丽特 没事的 |
[06:41] | Let’s…let’s focus on the wedding. Uh… | 我们专注于婚礼 |
[06:42] | Whitney has this huge agenda for us, | 惠特尼给我们安排了很多事 |
[06:45] | and, uh, she needs your help. | 她需要你的帮助 |
[06:46] | Uh, that’s right, Grandma. | 没错 外婆 |
[06:48] | Um, I need to decide on a florist. | 我得订花店 |
[06:51] | I’ve narrowed it down to three, | 我已经把范围缩小到三家了 |
[06:52] | but I’m sure you’ll have an opinion. | 但我相信你能给我点意见的 |
[06:53] | Um, I need to figure out a caterer. | 我得定宴会负责人 |
[06:56] | I wanted to find somebody who could do vegan options. | 我想找一个可以做素食的 |
[06:58] | I don’t know if you know anybody. | 我不知道你认不认识这样的人 |
[06:59] | And, um… Oh, well, we already got a tent. | 我们已经有篷房了 |
[07:02] | Oh, that reminds me. | 正好 |
[07:03] | The bill for the tent came. | 篷房的账单寄来了 |
[07:07] | Margaret, I’m… | 玛格丽特 我… |
[07:09] | I thought I was doing the catering, | 我以为我来负责酒席 |
[07:10] | and you and Bruce were gonna pay for the tent. | 你和布鲁斯来付篷房的钱 |
[07:12] | Noah, we can’t pay for this. It’s $20,000. | 诺亚 我们付不起 要2万块 |
[07:17] | We don’t have any money. | 我们没钱了 |
[07:18] | And whose fault is that, Marie Antoinette? | 那是谁的错 玛丽·安托瓦内特皇后 |
[07:23] | Whitney, I just had a splendid idea. | 惠特尼 我有个好主意 |
[07:27] | Why don’t I call Dean at our tennis club? | 不如我们找网球俱乐部的迪恩 |
[07:29] | They do a marvelous brunch. | 他们的早午餐做得很好 |
[07:31] | And if we do the wedding reception | 如果我们不在饭点 |
[07:33] | outside of peak hours, | 做婚礼招待的话 |
[07:34] | I’m sure we can get a discount | 我们可以在小帐篷屋上 |
[07:36] | on the cabana. | 要个好折扣 |
[07:38] | They have a waffle station | 他们有华夫饼餐台 |
[07:40] | and a make your own omelette bar. | 还有个吧台可以自己做煎蛋 |
[07:43] | Excuse me, please. | 不好意思 |
[07:48] | Okay, Margaret, the…the wedding is happening here. | 好了 玛格丽特 婚礼在这里举行 |
[07:52] | Okay? So, if you want to help, | 好吗 所以如果你想帮忙 |
[07:53] | help us figure out a way to make that happen. | 帮我们想办法搞定这场婚礼 |
[08:01] | Hey. | 你好啊 |
[08:06] | We can’t afford a wedding, can we? | 我们负担不起一场婚礼 是吗 |
[08:08] | No one can afford a wedding. Not really. | 没人负担得起 真的 |
[08:10] | We can figure it out. | 我们会想到办法的 |
[08:11] | No, I need to get back to reality. | 不 我得面对现实 |
[08:14] | I… Work has been crazy. | 我… 工作很忙 |
[08:15] | I had to miss three days to be here. | 我得请三天假才能来这里 |
[08:16] | Andrea already wants to fucking kill me. | 安德里亚已经想杀了我了 |
[08:19] | It’s fine. We’ll just… we’ll get married at city hall. | 没事的 我们… 我们就在市政厅结婚就好 |
[08:23] | Come on, Whitney. You’ve been talking about having a wedding | 好了 惠特尼 你很小就说 |
[08:25] | in this house since before you were in braces. | 要在这栋房子里举行婚礼了 |
[08:27] | I already found a redeye that we can get on tonight. | 我已经找到我们今晚能乘坐的红眼航班了 |
[08:29] | It has seats available. | 还有座位 |
[08:31] | Give me six hours. | 给我六个小时 |
[08:32] | Okay? Let’s at least try. | 好吗 至少试试 |
[08:34] | Then if you still want to go to city hall, | 之后如果你还想去市政厅 |
[08:36] | then we’ll go to city hall. | 那我们就去市政厅 |
[08:37] | Come on. Have you got a pen? | 好了 你有笔吗 |
[08:46] | Right. What’s the first thing? | 好 第一件事是什么 |
[08:48] | Em… Tent. | 篷房 |
[08:50] | Okay, I just received the last part of my advance, | 好 我刚拿到预付款的剩余部分 |
[08:52] | and I can’t think of a better thing to spend it on. | 我想不到比这更好的地方花掉它了 |
[08:54] | – Dad, no. – So that’s that done. | -爸 不要 -解决了一件事了 |
[08:56] | – Next? – Dad, you don’t get it. | -下一件是什么 -爸 你不明白 |
[08:57] | A tent is no good if you don’t have things to put in it. | 如果你没东西放进去的话 有篷房是没用的 |
[09:01] | Backyard weddings are so expensive | 在后院举行婚礼这么昂贵 |
[09:02] | because you have to pay for every single little thing. See? | 是因为你要为所有的小东西付钱 你看 |
[09:09] | OKay. | 好 |
[09:10] | Let’s start with plates. | 先说盘子 |
[09:14] | Well, this house has got to have plenty of those. | 这里有很多 |
[09:18] | I always hoped your mother would inherit this, | 我总是希望你妈会继承这些 |
[09:21] | but she insists on feeding you all | 但她坚持让你们用的陶器餐具 |
[09:23] | from earthenware as if she grew up on a riverbank. | 就好像她是在河岸上长大的 |
[09:26] | But no matter, | 但不管怎样 |
[09:27] | because now it’ll go to someone who appreciates it. | 现在它们要属于真正懂得欣赏的人了 |
[09:29] | – Thank you, Grandma. – This is helpful. | -奶奶 谢谢你 -这些很有用 |
[09:33] | Thanks. What’s next? | 谢谢 接下来是什么 |
[09:34] | Oh, I have an appointment at an East Hampton bridal boutique | 我预约了东汉普顿的一家婚纱店 |
[09:37] | at two, but it’s crazy expensive. | 两点钟 但超级贵 |
[09:39] | – I think we should cancel it. – You don’t have a dress yet? | -我觉得应该取消预约 -你还没有婚纱吗 |
[09:41] | Perfect. Come on, let’s go. | 很好 来吧 我们走 |
[09:44] | Oh, Margaret, can we borrow your car? | 玛格丽特 我们能借你的车吗 |
[09:45] | Only if Whitney drives. | 只能让惠特尼开 |
[09:47] | – Why? – Because the last time you drove a car in Montauk, | -为什么 -因为上次你在蒙托克开车的时候 |
[09:50] | you killed Scott Lockhart. | 你撞死了斯科蒂·洛克哈特 |
[10:01] | So, what do you want to do about music? | 你想要什么类型的音乐 |
[10:03] | You want dancing, right? | 你想跳舞 对吧 |
[10:05] | Honestly, I kind of wanted a flash mob. | 老实说 我想要快闪舞 |
[10:08] | – What? – You know, a flash mob? | -什么 -快闪舞 |
[10:10] | It’s, like, a surprise dance, but everyone knows the steps. | 像是一个突发的舞蹈 但每个人都知道舞步 |
[10:13] | How could everybody know the steps to a surprise dance? | 既然是突发的 怎么可能每个人都知道舞步 |
[10:16] | Because somebody teaches them ahead of time, | 因为有人提前教他们 |
[10:17] | and it’s like a… Never mind. | 就像… 算了 |
[10:23] | Oh, look. | 看啊 |
[10:27] | We have to stop | 我们必须停下来 |
[10:28] | and see what they’ve done to the Lobster Roll. | 看看龙虾卷餐厅现在成什么样了 |
[10:30] | No, Whit…Whitney, we don’t have time. | 别了 惠特尼 我们没时间了 |
[10:32] | Yes, we do. Come on. It’ll be hilarious. | 我们有 来吧 会很好玩的 |
[10:58] | Hi, we okay here? | 我们坐这里可以吧 |
[11:03] | Not as friendly as they used to be. | 不像以前那么热情了 |
[11:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:11] | Hey, remember when Stacey almost choked and Mom saved her? | 还记得史黛丝差点窒息 妈妈救了她吗 |
[11:15] | What? | 什么 |
[11:16] | Yeah, you remember. We were sitting right there, | 是的 你记得 我们就坐在那里 |
[11:18] | and Trevor and Stacey were playing that game, | 特雷弗和史黛丝在玩那个游戏 |
[11:20] | and then Stacey put a marble in her mouth. | 然后史黛丝把一颗珠子放进嘴里了 |
[11:23] | No, it wasn’t, uh, it wasn’t your mom who saved her. | 不 不是你妈妈救了她 |
[11:25] | It was, it was Alison. | 是艾莉森 |
[11:28] | What? | 什么 |
[11:29] | No, that’s…that’s not how I remember it at all. | 不 那不是我记得的 |
[11:31] | No, I’m pretty sure it was her. | 不 我很肯定是她 |
[11:33] | Stacey was choking and Alison was right there. | 史黛丝窒息了 艾莉森就在那里 |
[11:41] | So, was that the day you met Alison? | 所以 那是你遇见艾莉森的那天吗 |
[11:45] | Yeah, I think it was. | 是的 我想是的 |
[11:48] | So you bonded over the fact that Stacey almost choked to death? | 那么你们是因史黛茜差点呛死的事搞上了 |
[11:53] | Whitney, if you ever want to talk about what happened | 惠特尼 如果你想谈谈过去的事 |
[11:54] | – Between Alison and me… – Yeah. | -艾莉森和我之间… -好啊 |
[11:55] | Sure. I do, actually. Go ahead. | 我还真想 说吧 |
[12:00] | Well, there’s not… I didn’t exactly have a prepared speech. | 我没有… 准备一份演讲稿 |
[12:02] | Yeah. That’s what I thought. | 我知道就是这样 |
[12:03] | No, I mean, if you want to | 不 我是说 如果你想 |
[12:05] | – ask questions or…? – Stop. | -问问题或者… -别说了 |
[12:06] | Noah? | 诺亚 |
[12:09] | Luisa, hi. | 路易莎 嗨 |
[12:10] | – Hey. – Hey, you remember Whitney, | -嗨 -你记得惠特尼吧 |
[12:12] | – My daughter? – Yeah, of course. Uh… | -我女儿 -当然记得 |
[12:14] | I babysat you one summer at the Butlers’. | 有一个夏天我在巴特勒家照顾你 |
[12:15] | I remember. Nice to see you. | 我记得 很高兴见到你 |
[12:17] | Yeah, we’re in town planning Whitney’s wedding, | 我们在这里筹划惠特尼的婚礼 |
[12:19] | if you can believe it. | 你能相信吗 |
[12:21] | Cool. Congratulations. | 很好 祝贺你 |
[12:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:25] | So this is different. | 这里变化了不少 |
[12:28] | Yeah. It’s officially in the hands of the new owners now. | 是啊 现在正式交给新主人了 |
[12:31] | I just came by to empty a few things out of the office. | 我只是过来把办公室里的东西拿走 |
[12:35] | Ah. End of an era. | 一个时代的结束 |
[12:38] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[12:41] | I have to get going. | 我得走了 |
[12:42] | What’s, uh, what’s next for you? | 你接下来要做什么 |
[12:45] | I’m going back to New York. | 我要回纽约去 |
[12:48] | Really? Wow. | 真的吗 |
[12:50] | I can’t believe you got Cole to go to the city. | 我真不敢相信你能让科尔住到城里 |
[12:54] | We’re separated, Noah. | 我们分开了 诺亚 |
[12:56] | He and Joanie are moving to Vermont. | 他和琼妮要搬去佛蒙特 |
[12:58] | This afternoon, actually, so I have to get going. | 就在今天下午 我得走了 |
[13:02] | Congratulations on your wedding. Good luck. | 祝贺你的婚礼 祝你好运 |
[13:08] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[13:09] | No, Dad, she doesn’t want to talk to us. | 别去了 爸爸 她不想和我们说话 |
[13:14] | Hey, Luisa. | 路易莎 |
[13:16] | I’m sorry if I offended you there. | 如果我冒犯了你 我很抱歉 |
[13:17] | – I had no idea. – It’s fine. | -我不知道 -没关系 |
[13:20] | That’s terrible about you and Cole. | 你和科尔的事太遗憾了 |
[13:23] | Well, the writing was on the wall, wasn’t it? | 很明显的 不是吗 |
[13:26] | Look, I was wondering, have you any idea when they’re leaving? | 我在想 你知道他们什么时候走吗 |
[13:29] | – Why? – Cause I want to see Joanie. | -为什么 -因为我想见琼妮 |
[13:33] | You can’t just waltz in and out of her life | 你不能随意在她的生活中出现 |
[13:35] | – When it’s convenient. – I Know that. I know that. | -在你觉得方便的时候 -我知道 |
[13:37] | I raised her as my own for two years. I care about her. | 我把她当自己的孩子养了两年 我关心她 |
[13:39] | Noah, I don’t feel like getting in the middle of this. | 诺亚 我不想参与这件事 |
[13:41] | No, I understand. | 我理解 |
[13:42] | If you could just tell me when they’re leaving, | 我只想你告诉我他们什么时候离开 |
[13:44] | then I can swing by, and if Cole doesn’t want me to see her, | 我过去 如果科尔不想让我见她 |
[13:46] | that’s fine, I just, I don’t want her to think | 也没关系 我只是不想让她觉得 |
[13:48] | I just disappeared. | 我忽然消失了 |
[13:51] | They’re leaving at five. | 他们五点出发 |
[13:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:55] | I’m sorry about how it turned out here, and… | 我很抱歉在这里发生的事 而且… |
[13:58] | I hope there are good things ahead. | 我希望今后一切顺利 |
[14:01] | Noah, I babysat your kids. | 诺亚 我照顾你的孩子 |
[14:04] | My mother worked at your house. | 我妈妈在你们家工作 |
[14:07] | Don’t pretend we’re friends. | 别假装我们是朋友 |
[14:28] | – Hey, can I get a menu, please? – You order on that. | -能给我菜单吗 -用那个点菜 |
[14:46] | Hey, just… just pull over right here, will you? | 在这里停下车 好吗 |
[14:48] | – What, here? – Yeah. Just for a second. | -这里吗 -是的 就一会儿 |
[15:11] | Hey… you think these would look good in a bouquet? | 你觉得这些放在花束里好看吗 |
[15:14] | Uh, you know th… that’s poison ivy, right? | 你知道… 那是毒常春藤 |
[15:17] | This is not poison ivy. | 这不是毒常春藤 |
[15:18] | Not the stuff you got in your hand, man. | 不是你手里的东西 伙计 |
[15:20] | The three leafed plants that are all around | 那周围的三叶植物 |
[15:22] | where you were secret gardening. | 在你偷偷拔花的那里 |
[15:24] | Poison ivy doesn’t grow in the winter. | 毒常春藤在冬天都死掉了 |
[15:26] | Oh, yeah. It definitely does. | 不是的 它们不会死 |
[15:29] | Oh, fuck. | 操 |
[15:39] | – Are you Mr. Solloway? – Yeah. Hi. | -你是索洛维先生吗 -是的 你好 |
[15:42] | Yeah, they told me at the front that Whitney might be back here. | 是的 前面的人告诉我惠特尼可能在这里 |
[15:44] | – She sure is. Welcome. – Thank you. | -她在 欢迎 -谢谢 |
[15:51] | – Hi, Dad. – Hey, Whit. How’s it going? | -嗨 爸爸 -惠特 你怎么样 |
[15:53] | Good. | 很好 |
[15:55] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:56] | It is so cute that you’re here. | 你能来这可真好 |
[15:57] | We almost never see dads in the shop. | 我们几乎在这里见不到爸爸们 |
[16:00] | What do you do? | 你是做什么的 |
[16:02] | He’s a writer. | 他是个作家 |
[16:03] | Ooh. Anything I’d know? | 有什么我知道的作品吗 |
[16:06] | I doubt it. | 应该没有 |
[16:07] | He’s being very modest. | 他谦虚了 |
[16:08] | He has a movie coming out. Starring Sasha Mann. | 他有一部电影要上映 萨莎·曼主演的 |
[16:11] | Sasha Mann?I fucking love Sasha Mann, wow. | 萨莎·曼 我爱死他了 |
[16:15] | Hey, Hannah, could you come back here | 汉娜 你能过来 |
[16:16] | and give me a hand with these clamps? | 帮我弄下这些夹子吗 |
[16:18] | Coming. | 来了 |
[16:32] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[16:47] | 当地一男子被控告严重伤人 他声称是为了保护他妻子 | |
[16:57] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[17:01] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[17:05] | Oh, Whit. | 惠特 |
[17:07] | You’re beautiful. | 你太美了 |
[17:09] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[17:10] | You guys are gonna make the cutest father daughter ever. | 你们会成为有史以来最可爱的父女 |
[17:14] | Wow. Whitney, it’s 19, | 惠特尼 它19 |
[17:16] | but I’ll knock it down to 17 because it’s… | 但我会降到17因为它… |
[17:19] | it’s just so… it’s perfect. | 实在是… 太完美了 |
[17:21] | Uh, wh… That’s, uh… | 什么… 那是… |
[17:24] | 17, as in thousand? | 17 意思是1万7 |
[17:26] | Mm, sometimes dads just need a little convincing. | 有些时候爸爸们只是需要说服他们一下 |
[17:29] | Do you mind pulling a few less expensive options? | 你能给我选一些便宜点的吗 |
[17:33] | Uh, Lizzie! Can you come here a second? | 莉齐 你能过来一下吗 |
[17:37] | Oh… sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[17:40] | You are front cover Martha Stewart gorgeous. | 你像杂志封面的玛莎·斯图尔特一样美 |
[17:45] | Isn’t it perfect? | 太完美了 不是吗 |
[17:47] | Whitney thinks so, too. | 惠特尼也这么认为 |
[17:48] | Actually, I was wondering if you could pull some cheaper options? | 我想知道你能不能给我些更便宜的选择 |
[17:50] | Ah, she is such a doll. | 她太可爱了 |
[17:52] | Is she your first to get married? | 她是你第一个结婚的孩子吗 |
[17:54] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:56] | Okay. So, like, what price range were you thinking? | 好的 那么 你想要什么价位的 |
[18:00] | Uh… Wh… I don’t know, I… | 我不… 我不知道… |
[18:02] | He’s a big screenwriter. | 他是个大编剧 |
[18:04] | He works with Sasha Mann. | 他和萨莎·曼一起工作 |
[18:06] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:07] | Let me ask you something, Mr. Hollywood. | 那我问你件事 好莱坞先生 |
[18:09] | When will there ever be a more important time | 除了你大女儿的婚礼 |
[18:11] | to splurge than for your eldest daughter’s wedding? | 还有什么更重要的时刻来挥霍呢 |
[18:15] | She loves this dress. | 她爱这件婚纱 |
[18:18] | Uh… Look, maybe… maybe I can, um… | 听着 也许… 也许我能… |
[18:21] | Don’t, Dad. | 不用 爸爸 |
[18:22] | It’s okay. It’s okay. I’m gonna change. | 没关系 我要换衣服了 |
[18:24] | I’m sorry, what, what’s happening here? | 不好意思 这是什么情况 |
[18:26] | I didn’t know the dresses were this expensive. I… | 我不知道婚纱这么贵 我… |
[18:29] | I haven’t earned that kind of money yet. | 我还有些负担不起 |
[18:31] | Well, then why did you waste our time with this appointment? | 那你为什么让我们浪费这个时间 |
[18:33] | It was my idea, Hannah, and it was a big mistake. | 这是我的主意 汉娜 这是个大错误 |
[18:35] | What kind of psycho spends $17,000 on a dress? | 什么样的疯子花1万7美金买一件婚纱 |
[18:39] | Do you know how many clean water wells | 你们知道用这些钱可以在 |
[18:41] | you could build in Africa with that money? | 非洲建造多少干净的水井吗 |
[18:43] | – No. Do you? – I bet it’s a lot, you cunt. | -不 你知道吗 -肯定很多 你个贱货 |
[18:48] | Nice work, Dad. | 好样的 爸爸 |
[19:03] | Dad… what’s up with the itching? | 爸爸 你一直痒是怎么回事 |
[19:05] | It’s fucking… | 是他妈的… |
[19:08] | – Poison ivy. – What? | -毒常春藤 -什么 |
[19:10] | Yeah, I tried to pick you some wildflowers. | 我想给你采些野花 |
[19:12] | Thought you might like them. | 我觉得你会喜欢它们 |
[19:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:24] | I know what you’re trying to do. | 我知道你想干什么 |
[19:26] | And I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[19:29] | What am I trying to do? | 我想做什么 |
[19:33] | You’re trying to make amends. | 你在试图弥补你的过错 |
[19:41] | Oh, look, a daytime moon. | 看啊 白天的月亮 |
[19:45] | Your mom always used to say they were good luck. | 你妈妈以前总是说那代表着幸运 |
[19:50] | *I wandered out in the world for years* | *我在世界上游荡了很多年* |
[19:55] | *While you just stayed in your room* | *而你却待在房间里* |
[19:59] | *I saw the crescent…* | *我看到了新月* |
[20:01] | *You saw the whole of moon* | *你看到了整个月亮* |
[20:06] | Who’s that? | 是谁唱的 |
[20:08] | – Who sings that? – I Don’t know. | -是谁唱的 -我不知道 |
[20:10] | Colin’s always playing it, it stuck in my head. | 科林总演奏它 它一直在我脑中环绕 |
[20:13] | It was the Waterboys. That’s my generation. | 是水男孩乐队 是我们那个年代的 |
[20:15] | Yeah, I think they’re Irish. I don’t know, Colin’s obsessed. | 我想他们是爱尔兰人 科林很着迷 |
[20:18] | Boy’s got good taste. | 他还挺有品味的 |
[20:24] | Hey, I got an idea, but, uh, you may hate it. | 我有个想法 但是 你可能不喜欢 |
[20:29] | Your mom had a really beautiful wedding dress. | 你妈妈有一件非常漂亮的婚纱 |
[20:34] | And I don’t know where it is now, but your grandmother, | 我不知道它现在在哪里 但你外婆 |
[20:36] | she’d probably have it. | 可能还留着 |
[20:38] | We know she’s a hoarder. | 我们都知道她什么都爱收着 |
[20:42] | Okay. It was a terrible idea. | 好吧 是个坏主意 |
[20:43] | No. | 不 |
[20:46] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[20:52] | – How’d it go? – Hey, Margaret, | -怎么样 -玛格丽特 |
[20:53] | do you know where Helen’s wedding dress is? | 你知道海伦的婚纱在哪里吗 |
[20:56] | She looked like a vagabond whore in that dress. Why? | 她穿那婚纱看起来像站街小姐 怎么了 |
[20:59] | Okay, let’s just check the attic. | 好吧 我们去阁楼找找 |
[21:31] | Sorry, I need a minute. | 对不起 给我点时间 |
[21:39] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[21:45] | You hate it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[21:47] | – You hate it? – No. | -你不喜欢吗 -不是 |
[21:49] | Don’t worry, don’t worry. We’ll get another one. | 别担心 我们再找一件 |
[21:50] | It’s not the dress. I love the dress. | 不是婚纱的原因 我爱这件婚纱 |
[21:52] | What is it? | 那是怎么回事 |
[21:54] | – This wedding is gonna be a fucking disaster. – What? | -这场婚礼将是一场灾难 -什么 |
[21:56] | No, it’s not. Come on, we’re pulling it together. | 不 不会的 来吧 我们这不都组织起来了 |
[21:58] | We got a tent, we got the plates, | 我们有篷房 有盘子 |
[22:00] | now we got a dress. | 现在我们有了婚纱 |
[22:01] | That’s not what I mean. | 我不是这个意思 |
[22:02] | Then what is it? | 那是什么意思 |
[22:11] | I cheated on Colin. | 我出轨了 |
[22:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:19] | Okay? That’s what you have to say to me? | 好吧 这就是你要对我说的 |
[22:21] | – No, no. – God, why am I not surprised? | -不是 -为什么我都不感到惊讶呢 |
[22:24] | When did this happen? Recently? | 什么时候发生的事 最近吗 |
[22:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:28] | After you got engaged? | 在你订婚以后 |
[22:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:34] | And I have to tell him, right? | 我必须告诉他 对吧 |
[22:40] | Uh… uh, not necessarily. | 不一定吧 |
[22:43] | I mean… did you want to be with this other guy? | 我是说… 你想和那个男人在一起吗 |
[22:48] | No. God, no. | 不 天呐 不 |
[22:51] | Well, is there any other way that Colin might find out? | 科林有可能会发现吗 |
[22:53] | I mean, is it someone who’s around a lot, | 是一个经常出现在你们身边的人吗 |
[22:55] | – do you have friends in common? – No. Why? | -你们有共同的朋友吗 -没有 怎么了 |
[23:01] | Because, in that case, telling Colin might just | 因为 这样的话 告诉科林 |
[23:03] | hurt him unnecessarily. | 就是对他造成没必要的伤害 |
[23:05] | And end your relationship. | 还会结束你们的感情 |
[23:08] | I mean, unless… | 我是说 除非… |
[23:10] | – What? – Well, unless | -什么 -除非 |
[23:12] | that’s what you were trying to do. | 这就是你想要做的 |
[23:17] | I don’t know. Uh… maybe. | 我不知道 也许吧 |
[23:25] | Whitney? | 惠特尼 |
[23:27] | Do you want to marry Colin? | 你想嫁给科林吗 |
[23:29] | If you’re asking if he’s the only person I’ll ever love, | 如果你问我他是不是我唯一爱的人 |
[23:32] | I… I have no fucking idea. | 我…我不知道 |
[23:34] | How am I supposed to know that? | 我该怎么知道 |
[23:35] | Look, I don’t think anybody knows that. | 听着 我想没人知道 |
[23:37] | Yes, they do. Some people do. | 有人知道 有些人就知道 |
[23:38] | – Colin does. – You don’t know that. | -科林就知道 -你不可能知道 |
[23:40] | You’re not in his head. | 你不在他的脑子里 |
[23:41] | For all you know, he’s… he’s having major doubts, too. | 可能他…他也有很大的疑虑 |
[23:44] | No, not about you, | 不是关于你 |
[23:46] | about marriage. | 关于婚姻 |
[23:48] | When I got married, I thought that if you, | 当我结婚的时候 我想 如果你 |
[23:51] | if you, if you chose the right person, | 如果你选择了对的人 |
[23:52] | then you’d be happy forever, and if you were unhappy, | 那你就会永远幸福 如果你不幸福 |
[23:54] | then they were the wrong person. | 那就是选错了人 |
[23:55] | But that’s just not how it works. | 但事实并不是这样 |
[23:57] | – It’s not? – No. No. | -不是吗 -不是 |
[23:59] | Marriage is… it’s not magic, it’s, | 婚姻… 不是魔法 而是 |
[24:01] | it’s just a decision that you have to make. | 只是一个决定 |
[24:03] | And keep on making, over and over, to stay. | 然后不断做决定来保持 |
[24:08] | Whitney, deciding you’re not ready | 惠特尼 你还没准备好做这个决定 |
[24:09] | doesn’t mean you’re a bad person. | 并不意味着你是个坏人 |
[24:11] | It means you know yourself | 意味着你了解自己 |
[24:12] | much better than I knew when I was your age. | 你做的比我在你这个年龄好多了 |
[24:16] | No, I’m not hurting Colin. I’m not doing it. | 不 我不想伤害科林 我不会这么做的 |
[24:18] | – He’s my best friend. – He’ll be okay. | -他是我最好的朋友 -他不会有事的 |
[24:20] | He, he… he’ll survive. | 他… 他会渡过这个难关的 |
[24:23] | You hurt Mom so badly. | 你把妈妈伤到遍体鳞伤 |
[24:28] | Yeah, but that was… | 是的 但那是… |
[24:30] | that was different. We had four kids. | 那是不同的 我们有四个孩子 |
[24:33] | I don’t want to ever hurt anyone the way you hurt her. | 我不想像你那样伤害任何人 |
[24:36] | Right. | 对 |
[24:37] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么那么做 |
[24:39] | If marriage is a choice, if you can decide to stay, | 如果婚姻是一种选择 如果你可以决定留下 |
[24:41] | why did you go? | 你为什么离开 |
[24:47] | I don’t know how to answer that. | 我不知道该怎么回答 |
[24:50] | Was it Alison? | 是因为艾莉森吗 |
[24:52] | Did you just love her more than you loved us? | 你爱她胜过爱我们吗 |
[24:54] | No. | 不是 |
[24:56] | What was it, then? | 那是什么 |
[25:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:02] | See, the thing that I don’t get is, | 我不明白的是 |
[25:04] | you were a good dad. | 你是个好爸爸 |
[25:06] | And Mom was a great mom, and… and we were happy. | 妈妈是个好妈妈 我们很幸福 |
[25:09] | Or at least I thought we were. | 至少我认为我们很幸福 |
[25:11] | And then… | 然后… |
[25:15] | I guess I just worry that, | 我想我只是担心 |
[25:18] | if that wasn’t real | 如果那都不是真的 |
[25:19] | and if that wasn’t good, | 如果那都不够好 |
[25:21] | then… then maybe nothing is. | 也许一切都是假的 |
[25:26] | Whitney, look, I fucked up. | 惠特尼 听着 我搞砸了 |
[25:28] | I… | 我… |
[25:33] | I was thinking about myself, and I fucked up. | 我太自私了 我搞砸了 |
[25:40] | Which is why I want you to give yourself the time | 所以我想 你要给自己时间 |
[25:43] | to make the right decision. | 来做正确的决定 |
[25:48] | I love you, Whit. I just want you to be happy. | 我爱你 惠特 我只想让你快乐 |
[25:52] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[25:55] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[26:04] | I got to change out of this dress. | 我得换了这身婚纱 |
[26:18] | Oh, fuck. | 我的天 |
[26:34] | Hello? | 喂 |
[26:36] | Noah, hi. This is Petra Ranes from Vanity Fair. | 诺亚 你好 我是《名利场》的佩特拉·瑞斯 |
[26:40] | Oh, hi, Petra. It’s been a while. | 佩特拉 好久不见 |
[26:42] | – How are you? – I’m good. | -你好吗 -很好 |
[26:43] | And the piece is really coming together. | 这篇文章马上就完成了 |
[26:46] | – Great. – I’m just doing a last little bit of fact checking, | -很好 -我再跟你核实最后一点事情 |
[26:49] | if you have a second. | 如果你有时间的话 |
[26:50] | – Sure. – Great. | -没问题 -很好 |
[26:52] | So, do you happen to know a woman named Eden Bishop? | 你认识一个叫伊顿·比索的女人吗 |
[26:56] | Uh… no, I don’t think so. | 不 我不认识 |
[26:59] | That’s her married name. | 那是她婚后的名字 |
[27:00] | Maybe you know her as Ellery? Eden Ellery? | 也许你知道埃勒里这个名字 伊顿·埃勒里 |
[27:03] | Oh, yeah, yeah, she was, uh, she was my publicist | 是的 她是我在新书宣传 |
[27:05] | on the book tour for Descent. | 《坠落》时的公关 |
[27:08] | That’s what she said, too. | 她也是这么说的 |
[27:11] | Okay? | 所以呢 |
[27:12] | Did you two have a relationship? | 你们俩有关系吗 |
[27:14] | Beyond the professional? | 私下的 |
[27:17] | Me and Eden? | 我和伊顿 |
[27:18] | She claims you pressured her into sleeping with you | 她说你在新书宣传途中 |
[27:20] | on the book tour. | 强迫她和你上床 |
[27:22] | Does that match your recollection? | 这个说法和你的记忆相符吗 |
[27:29] | Sorry, what did you say? | 对不起 你刚才说什么 |
[27:30] | The reception here is terrible. | 这里信号很差 |
[27:32] | Eden claims you coerced her into having sex | 伊顿说你在新书宣传途中 |
[27:35] | while on the book tour together. | 强迫和她做爱 |
[27:36] | I’m asking if you remember something like that happening | 我想请问你是否记得在那段时间里 |
[27:39] | between you and her during that time. | 你和她之间发生了那样的事 |
[27:42] | No. Absolutely not. | 没有 绝对没有 |
[27:45] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[27:46] | This is fucking shit! What? No! | 真扯淡 什么 没有 |
[27:49] | So that’s not your memory? | 所以你否认吗 |
[27:50] | – NO! – OKay. That’s it, then. | -是的 -好吧 那先这样 |
[27:53] | I just needed a comment. Thanks for your time. | 我只是需要一个评论 谢谢你的时间 |
[28:00] | What…? | 什么鬼 |
[28:04] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[28:51] | 第二话 琼妮 | |
[29:37] | Yes? | 有何贵干 |
[29:39] | Hi, I’m looking for Benjamin Cruz. | 你好 我找本杰明·克鲁兹 |
[29:48] | I’m Ben Cruz. | 我就是本·克鲁兹 |
[29:51] | Can I help you? | 有什么能帮到你 |
[29:54] | I just wanted to ask about your clinic. | 我想问问你的诊所 |
[29:57] | I… I need help. | 我需要帮助 |
[30:02] | I think I have PTSD. | 我想我患上了创伤后应激障碍症 |
[30:08] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[30:10] | Gabrielle. | 盖比瑞尔 |
[30:15] | Very nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[30:18] | Come on inside. | 进屋聊 |
[30:26] | Danny, Isla, meet Gabrielle. | 丹尼 伊斯拉 这是盖比瑞尔 |
[30:29] | She’s here to learn about our community. | 她是来考察我们社区的 |
[30:31] | – Hey there. – Hey. | -你好 -你好 |
[30:34] | Hi. | 你好 |
[30:37] | I thought I was the only one who read real books anymore. | 我以为只有我还在看纸质书了 |
[30:45] | How about I give you a tour? | 不如我带你参观一下 |
[30:52] | I believe in the healing power | 我相信新鲜空气和 |
[30:55] | of fresh air and tilling the land. | 耕地带来的治疗能量 |
[30:58] | Everything here has been designed to be self‐sustaining. | 这里的一切都被设计成了可自续的 |
[31:01] | My patients get free lodging | 我的病人可以用他们花园里的劳作 |
[31:04] | in return for their time in the garden. | 来换取免费的住宿 |
[31:08] | So, a‐are you a veteran, Gabrielle? | 盖比瑞尔 你是名老兵吗 |
[31:13] | No, I’m not. | 我不是 |
[31:15] | How did you find us, then? | 那你怎么找到我们的 |
[31:17] | Recommendation. | 别人推荐的 |
[31:22] | I only ask because we mostly service ex-military. | 我问是因为我们大多服务的都是退役军人 |
[31:25] | When I was a young vet, | 我年轻时退役那会儿 |
[31:27] | I started my post-service career at the VA, | 我在管理局开始了我的退役后的事业生涯 |
[31:30] | during what I thought was a really exciting time | 那是治疗创伤后应激障碍症里 |
[31:32] | for PTSD therapy. | 一段真的很让人振奋的时期 |
[31:34] | Newer, integrative psychotherapeutic approaches | 那时候有很多种新型的综合疗法 |
[31:37] | like exposure therapy, EMDR. | 比如暴露疗法 眼动脱敏再加工疗法 |
[31:41] | They all seemed to be taking root | 它们似乎都成为了 |
[31:43] | in the mainstream community, | 新的主流疗法 |
[31:45] | but then, of course, they were obliterated | 但后来 政府解除了对精神药物的管制 |
[31:49] | as soon as the government deregulated psychopharmaceutical drugs. | 那些疗法也就都被废除了 |
[31:53] | If vets want alternative therapies, | 如果老兵们想要选择治疗方法 |
[31:55] | they have to seek them under the table, | 就必须私下去寻求 |
[31:58] | pay out of pocket, get treatments in secret. | 自己掏钱 秘密接受治疗 |
[32:02] | If the VA finds out, people lose their health care. | 一旦被管理局发现 他们就会失去医疗保险 |
[32:06] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[32:08] | that’s why I have to be extra careful | 所以当有人来咨询的时候 |
[32:12] | when people knock on my door. | 我需要特别的小心 |
[32:14] | Well, you weren’t that careful. You kind of just let me in. | 也就还好吧 你不是让我进来了吗 |
[32:20] | True. | 没错 |
[32:23] | But you have an honest face. | 但你长了一张老实人的脸 |
[32:28] | We grow all our own food. | 我们的食物都是自己种的 |
[32:30] | There’s something so satisfying | 亲手耕种 |
[32:32] | about putting your hands in the dirt, | 会给你带来一种满足感 |
[32:34] | turning the soil, caring for the space, | 翻土 耕耘 |
[32:38] | and then watch it as it bears fruit. | 然后看着它开花结果 |
[32:43] | Here, | 这儿 |
[32:44] | the land that we’ve taken care of | 我们照料的这块土地 |
[32:47] | then turns around and cares for us. | 也回过头来在照顾着我们 |
[32:50] | I firmly believe, | 我坚定地相信 |
[32:52] | if we can remember how to care for a garden, | 如果我们能够记得如何照料花园 |
[32:58] | we can remember how to care for each other. | 我们便可以记得如何照顾其他人 |
[33:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[33:14] | Let’s head back inside. | 我们回屋吧 |
[33:17] | Get to know each other a bit better. | 了解一下彼此 |
[33:24] | So… | 那么… |
[33:26] | Gabrielle. | 盖比瑞尔 |
[33:28] | That’s a beautiful name, by the way. | 名字真好听 |
[33:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:32] | Is it a family name? | 是家族成员的名字吗 |
[33:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:39] | So tell me, | 你说说 |
[33:41] | how can I help you? | 我要怎么帮助你 |
[33:47] | I think I suffer from PTSD. | 我想我患上了创伤后应激障碍症 |
[33:50] | Okay. How does that manifest? | 好吧 有什么症状呢 |
[33:55] | I can’t connect with people. I think I’m incapable of love. | 我不能和人产生共鸣 不能去爱 |
[34:00] | Well, sometimes such feelings are connected | 有时候这种感觉 |
[34:02] | to a significant loss or trauma | 跟早年间经历的巨大损失和 |
[34:07] | at an early age. | 创伤有关 |
[34:10] | Does that resonate with you? | 你觉得你是这样吗 |
[34:14] | No. | 不是 |
[34:18] | Are you familiar with EMDR? | 你对眼动脱敏再加工疗法熟悉吗 |
[34:21] | No. | 不熟悉 |
[34:23] | It’s an old form of therapy. | 那是一种老的疗法 |
[34:26] | Nobody really understands why it works or how, | 没人明白它的原理 它为什么会起作用 |
[34:29] | but it does. | 但真的有用 |
[34:31] | There’s something almost magical about it. | 像魔法一样太神奇了 |
[34:36] | You don’t believe in magic? | 你不相信魔法吗 |
[34:37] | No. | 不相信 |
[34:40] | Maybe that’s why you have such… | 也许这就是… |
[34:43] | trouble with love. | 你没法去爱的原因 |
[34:48] | Would you like to try EMDR? | 你想试试眼动脱敏再加工疗法吗 |
[34:51] | J-just to see if we can get a little closer | 就看看我们能不能找到一点 |
[34:54] | to understanding why you came. | 你前来寻求治疗的原因 |
[35:02] | Sure. Why not? | 当然 为什么不呢 |
[35:05] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[35:07] | I record all my sessions. Do you mind? | 我们的谈话会被录音 你介意吗 |
[35:12] | And this is just our standard release form. | 这是我们的标准授权协议书 |
[35:20] | It’s on paper. | 纸质的呢 |
[35:22] | I know. What can I say? | 我知道 我能说什么 |
[35:23] | I am nostalgic for the analog world. | 我是个恋旧的人 |
[35:27] | I suspect you are, too. | 我猜你也是 |
[35:30] | Well, take a moment, read it through. | 慢慢看吧 |
[35:34] | What’s the date? | 今天几号 |
[35:35] | Don’t worry about that. | 写不写都没关系 |
[35:36] | I just need your signature. | 我只是需要你的签名 |
[35:41] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[35:45] | So… | 那么… |
[35:46] | the way EMDR works. | 眼动脱敏再加工疗法的原理 |
[35:50] | We pick one specific traumatic event | 我们选择某个特定的创伤性事件 |
[35:55] | and then we basically rewrite the script | 然后我们基本上是重写剧本 |
[35:57] | so it doesn’t trigger the same debilitating response. | 让它不会引起相同的衰弱反应 |
[36:01] | Does that make sense? Good. | 你听懂了吗 很好 |
[36:03] | We can start on any memory, really. | 我们可以从任何记忆开始 |
[36:07] | Is there a moment, a… | 有没有某个时刻 |
[36:11] | a night where you remember this, | 你记得的某个夜晚 |
[36:14] | as you say, “inability to love” | 如你所说的”无法去爱” |
[36:17] | really manifesting itself, | 真正表现出来的时候 |
[36:20] | impeding your life in some way? | 在某种程度上阻碍的了你的生活 |
[36:25] | I… | 我… |
[36:29] | I had a fight with my boyfriend recently. | 我最近和我男友吵了一架 |
[36:33] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[36:35] | That is the perfect thing to unpack with this therapy. | 这项治疗能完美解决这种问题 |
[36:39] | Let’s start there. | 就从那开始吧 |
[36:41] | Can you please, | 麻烦你 |
[36:43] | move your chair to face me. | 移动一下椅子 面对着我 |
[36:50] | Good. | 很好 |
[36:55] | No, see, you need to be a little closer. | 不 你要离我近一点 |
[37:00] | There you go. | 好了 |
[37:02] | Okay, to begin, | 好了 我们开始 |
[37:03] | just follow my fingers with your eyes. | 眼睛跟着我的手指 |
[37:11] | – That makes me dizzy. – Okay. | -有点晕 -好吧 |
[37:14] | Let’s switch to something else. | 那我们换种方法 |
[37:20] | Your palms up. | 手掌向上张开 |
[37:22] | There you go. | 好了 |
[37:27] | Close your eyes and take a deep breath. | 闭上眼睛 深呼吸 |
[37:35] | Now think back to the night of the fight. | 回忆一下吵架那晚 |
[37:39] | What do you notice? | 注意到了什么 |
[37:42] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[37:45] | I’m in my apartment. | 我在公寓里 |
[37:47] | – Where is that? – Montauk. | -公寓在哪 -蒙托克 |
[37:52] | How about your boyfriend, is he there? | 你男友呢 他也在吗 |
[37:54] | He’s on his way. | 他在路上 |
[37:57] | How do you feel? | 你有什么感觉 |
[37:59] | Scared. | 害怕 |
[38:00] | Good. Go with that. | 很好 继续 |
[38:05] | Same as before. | 和之前一样 |
[38:08] | Tell me… what do you notice? | 告诉我 你注意到了什么 |
[38:13] | My apartment is warm, cozy. | 我的公寓很温暖舒适 |
[38:16] | There’s a fire in the fireplace. | 火炉里还生着火 |
[38:20] | My daughter’s drawings are on the refrigerator. | 冰箱上挂着我女儿的画 |
[38:25] | It’s raining outside. | 外面在下雨 |
[38:28] | Pouring, actually. There’s a storm, a… a bad one. | 倾盆大雨 外面有一场大风暴 |
[38:33] | The windows are rattling. | 窗户被吹得咯吱作响 |
[38:35] | Good. Go with that. | 很好 继续 |
[38:37] | Now what do you see happening? | 现在你看到了什么 |
[38:40] | My boyfriend arrives. | 我男友来了 |
[38:43] | He’s soaking wet. He dries himself by the fire. | 他浑身都湿透了 正在火炉旁烤干自己 |
[38:46] | How’s he dressed? | 他穿着如何 |
[38:47] | Jeans and a military jacket. | 牛仔裤 军装式夹克 |
[38:50] | He’s a veteran. | 他是名老兵 |
[38:53] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:55] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[38:58] | Notice what he says | 注意他说了些什么 |
[39:01] | and go with that. | 从那继续 |
[39:03] | – He’s angry. – Why is he angry? | -他很生气 -为什么 |
[39:05] | Because he’s married, | 因为他是已婚的 |
[39:09] | and I want him to leave his wife. | 我想要他离开他老婆 |
[39:13] | We have a fight. | 我们吵了起来 |
[39:14] | I tell him that if he doesn’t leave her, I will kill myself. | 我威胁他如果他不肯 我就自杀 |
[39:17] | Keep going. | 继续 |
[39:18] | He tells me that I’m ugly and stupid | 他说我又丑又蠢 |
[39:21] | and that nobody will ever love me, | 没人会来爱我 |
[39:22] | and that the best I could hope for is to be someone’s slut. | 最后只能沦为别人的弃妇 |
[39:25] | Okay. That’s enough. | 好的 够了 |
[39:29] | EMDR doesn’t work if you’re lying. | 如果你撒谎 这疗法会不管用 |
[39:45] | I never said those things. | 我从没说过这些话 |
[39:48] | I respected your mother greatly. | 我很尊重你妈妈 |
[39:52] | I would never have spoken that way to her. | 我绝不会那样说她 |
[40:09] | Hello, Joanie. | 你好 琼妮 |
[40:11] | Hello, Ben. | 你好 本 |
[40:14] | I’m so glad you are finally here. | 我很高兴你终于来了 |
[40:21] | Why don’t we start again with the same question? | 还是从老问题开始吧 |
[40:25] | How can I help you? | 我有什么能帮你的 |
[40:31] | Did you kill my mother? | 是你杀了我妈吗 |
[40:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:41] | I did. | 没错 |
[40:50] | I can only imagine what you think of me right now. | 我只能想象你现在对我的看法 |
[40:54] | It’s all so new for you. | 这对你来说太陌生了 |
[40:58] | The truth is, I’ve been thinking about you for years. | 说真的 很多年来我一直在想你 |
[41:02] | I’ve tried to imagine where you’ve been living your life | 我一直试着去想象你会在哪生活 |
[41:06] | and‐and how. | 如何生活 |
[41:08] | I’ve awaited our reunion with great anticipation. | 我一直满怀期待地等待着我们的重逢 |
[41:16] | Is there anything else you want to ask me? | 你有什么想问我的 |
[41:21] | Anything at all? | 什么都可以 |
[41:23] | Go back behind your desk. I need a barrier between us. | 坐到桌子后面去 我们之间需要一点阻隔 |
[41:29] | Of course. | 当然 |
[41:37] | I-I want to be held accountable, Joanie. | 我想要被问责 琼妮 |
[41:40] | I’ve always known | 我一直都知道 |
[41:41] | I would eventually have to answer for what I did. | 最终我将为之前所做的付出代价 |
[41:44] | I welcome the opportunity. | 我欢迎这样的机会 |
[41:52] | I know this might be hard for you to believe, | 我知道你一定很难相信 |
[41:56] | but I think of your mother every day. | 但我每天都在思念你母亲 |
[42:01] | Every minute, in fact. | 每一分钟 |
[42:04] | She is constantly with me, | 她萦绕在我的脑子里 |
[42:08] | and… | 还有 |
[42:11] | I hate myself for what I did. | 我后悔所犯下的错误 |
[42:14] | Okay. So why did you do it? | 那你为什么要那样做 |
[42:18] | I had a psychotic break. | 那时我有精神崩溃 |
[42:20] | What? | 什么 |
[42:21] | When I met your mother… | 我遇见你妈的时候 |
[42:24] | the doctors at the VA had me on a lot of drugs. | 管理局的医生给我吃了很多药 |
[42:27] | Antidepressants, MDMA, | 抗抑郁药 快乐丸 |
[42:29] | antipsychotics. | 抗精神病药 |
[42:31] | I was losing my mind. | 我整个人都不是很好 |
[42:34] | I couldn’t sleep. I-I-I was paranoid. | 我无法入睡 偏执妄想 |
[42:38] | I started hearing voices. | 还开始幻听 |
[42:40] | I didn’t tell anyone, of course, because… | 当然 我没告诉其他人 因为… |
[42:43] | I-I was afraid they’d lock me up for good. | 我怕他们会把我关到死 |
[42:47] | That night… I became a monster, | 那晚 我成了一个禽兽 |
[42:52] | completely out of control. | 完全失去了控制 |
[42:55] | What did you do to her? | 你对她做了什么 |
[42:57] | Well, we had an argument in her apartment, | 我们在她公寓吵了起来 |
[43:01] | as you guessed. | 正如你所猜想的那样 |
[43:02] | About what? | 吵什么 |
[43:04] | The fact that I was married. | 我已婚的事实 |
[43:07] | So I was right. | 所以我猜对了 |
[43:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[43:10] | But she told me to leave. | 但她让我离开 |
[43:17] | It was me who was begging to stay. | 我求她让我留下来 |
[43:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[43:24] | Have you ever met someone | 你有遇见过这样一个人吗 |
[43:26] | who-who looked at you, | 他看着你的时候 |
[43:30] | all of you, | 看到全部的你 |
[43:31] | even the savage parts, | 哪怕粗暴的部分 |
[43:33] | and they didn’t flinch? | 他们也从不畏惧 |
[43:37] | No. | 没有 |
[43:38] | I thought she was gonna be the one to bring me back, | 我以为她能让我有所好转 |
[43:41] | restore me to the man I was before I went to war. | 让我恢复成为那个战前的人 |
[43:45] | That night | 那晚 |
[43:46] | we tried to make love… | 我们本打算做爱 |
[43:51] | …and… | 但是 |
[43:53] | I found that I couldn’t. | 我发现我做不到 |
[43:56] | For years after Afghanistan, | 从阿富汗回来后这几年里 |
[43:58] | I had thought the problem was my wife. | 我也想过可能是我老婆的问题 |
[44:02] | But then, all of a sudden, it was clear. | 但突然一切都明了了 |
[44:06] | The problem had been me all along. | 一直以来都是我的问题 |
[44:11] | My fate was sealed. | 我的命运被封印了 |
[44:14] | I would never be the man I was before the war. | 我再也变不回战前的那个我了 |
[44:18] | And I was never going to be enough for Alison | 我永远都配不上艾莉森 |
[44:21] | or any woman. | 或任何女人 |
[44:23] | So you killed her? | 于是你就杀了她吗 |
[44:26] | I never felt such rage. | 我从没有过这样的暴怒 |
[44:30] | And because Alison was in front of me, | 因为艾莉森正好在我面前 |
[44:32] | I‐I directed it at her. | 于是我就宣泄在了她身上 |
[44:35] | She said she was leaving. | 她说她要走了 |
[44:38] | She ran to the door. | 她跑去门口 |
[44:41] | And I didn’t want her to go, | 我不想让她走 |
[44:42] | so I grabbed her by the arm | 于是我抓住了她的手臂 |
[44:44] | to try to bring her back, | 想要把她拉回来 |
[44:48] | and I lost my grip, and she fell, hard, | 我没抓稳 她重重地摔倒在地 |
[44:54] | against the bookshelf. | 撞到了书架 |
[44:58] | Before I could reach her, | 我想赶过去扶她 |
[44:59] | this statue, a heavy statue, | 一尊实沉的雕像掉了下来 |
[45:01] | it fell on her head. | 砸到了她的头 |
[45:06] | And she was gone. | 然后她就死了 |
[45:11] | So… it was an accident? | 所以是意外吗 |
[45:14] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[45:16] | I never wanted to hurt your mother. | 我从没想过要伤害你母亲 |
[45:33] | I have… I have tried… | 我努力去试着… |
[45:36] | to find a way to make what I did bearable. | 找到种方法来让自己好受一点 |
[45:40] | I have dedicated the last 30 years of my life | 我花了三十年时间 |
[45:44] | creating this place: a safe haven for veterans. | 打造这个老兵的安全港 |
[45:51] | So nobody again | 这样就不会有人 |
[45:55] | will ever lose control the way I did. | 再会像我那样失去理智 |
[45:58] | Hurt someone the way I hurt your mother. | 像我伤害你母亲那样去伤害其他人 |
[46:03] | You didn’t just hurt her. | 你不止伤害了她 |
[46:05] | You killed her. | 你杀了她 |
[46:08] | Yes, and I’m sorry, Joanie. | 是的 我很抱歉 琼妮 |
[46:13] | If you’re so sorry, then why didn’t you turn yourself in? | 既然你这么抱歉 你为什么不自首 |
[46:17] | I‐I don’t know what good it would have done. | 我不知道那样有什么好处 |
[46:23] | I-I-I could help more people… | 我可以帮助更多人 |
[46:27] | make more amends by being of service to these men, | 通过服务这些人来做出更大的补偿 |
[46:31] | rather than waste the rest of my life | 这比我浪费生命 |
[46:34] | rotting away in some cell. | 死在监狱里要好 |
[46:37] | Don’t you think you should have let a jury make that call? | 这不该是陪审团做的决定吗 |
[46:42] | Y-You know who I think should make that call? | 你知道我觉得应该让谁来做决定吗 |
[46:47] | You. | 你 |
[46:50] | Me? | 我 |
[46:52] | I promised myself a long time ago, Joanie, | 很久之前 我承诺自己 琼妮 |
[46:56] | that when you found me‐‐ | 如果你找到我 |
[46:59] | and I knew it was a “when,” not an “if”‐‐ | 我知道那是迟早的事 |
[47:03] | that I would submit | 我愿意承担 |
[47:05] | to whatever accountability you demanded, | 你的任何问责 |
[47:09] | and I-I-I would not resist. | 我不会反抗 |
[47:13] | So… | 那么 |
[47:15] | if you want to call the police right now, | 如果你现在想报警 |
[47:19] | I’ll give you my phone. | 我把手机给你 |
[47:23] | If you want to… you want to kill me… | 如果你想杀我 |
[47:30] | …I’ll give you my gun. | 我就把枪给你 |
[47:33] | I am completely in your hands. | 任凭你处置 |
[47:43] | If I were going to kill you, | 如果我要杀你 |
[47:46] | I wouldn’t use a gun. | 我不会用枪 |
[47:49] | It’s too quick. | 太快了 |
[47:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[47:53] | How would you do it? | 那你会怎么做 |
[47:55] | I’d like to cut off your dick | 我会切掉你的屌 |
[47:58] | and let you bleed out like a pig until you die. | 让你血流成河 失血而死 |
[48:05] | Well… that’s an option, too. | 那也是个选择 |
[48:13] | I have to go. I need to think. | 我得走了 我需要想想 |
[48:15] | Okay, but, Joanie, | 好的 但琼妮… |
[48:17] | you know where to find me now. | 你现在知道我的地址了 |
[48:20] | And I’m not gonna run. | 我也不会跑 |
[48:24] | I’ll be right here whenever you decide. | 我就在这等着你做好决定 |
[48:27] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[48:38] | So, what are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[48:40] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[48:42] | How about calling the police? | 不如报警 |
[48:45] | I guess I should? | 也许吧 |
[48:49] | This man murdered your mother | 这个男人杀了你妈 |
[48:50] | and then sat there | 却还坐在那 |
[48:51] | and gave you a detailed description of how he did it. | 向你详细地描述过程 |
[48:53] | That’s a special kind of psychopath. | 真是个神经病 |
[48:56] | He’s a lot of things, | 说他什么都行 |
[48:57] | but I‐I don’t think he’s a psychopath. | 但我不认为他是个神经病 |
[49:04] | What? | 什么 |
[49:06] | He seemed sorry. | 他看起来很内疚 |
[49:10] | Truly sorry. | 真的很内疚 |
[49:13] | He spent his entire life trying to make amends. | 他花了一辈子想要做出弥补 |
[49:16] | Joanie, most murderers are sorry for what they did. | 琼妮 大多数杀人犯都对自己所犯下的罪行内疚 |
[49:18] | They still have to go to prison. | 他们还是要被关大牢 |
[49:20] | He said I could kill him if I liked. | 他说如果我愿意 我可以杀了他 |
[49:22] | I think that would be a mistake. | 那样不好 |
[49:24] | I wasn’t being serious. | 我也没细想过 |
[49:25] | ‐ Yes, you were. ‐ No, I wasn’t. | -你有 -我没有 |
[49:26] | I think you were. | 我想你真的有想过 |
[49:27] | ‐ EJ. ‐ Joanie, listen to me. | -EJ -琼妮 听我说 |
[49:30] | This problem is above your pay grade. | 这个问题已经超出你的职责范围了 |
[49:32] | There are people who specialize | 有些专业的人 |
[49:33] | in crime and punishment for a living. | 他们的职责就是判罪定刑 |
[49:35] | That’s why they’re called the authorities. | 所以我们称他们为有关部门 |
[49:37] | How about we let them decide what to do | 不如我们让他们来决定该怎么做 |
[49:39] | before we take vengeance into our own hands. | 而不是亲手去实施复仇 |
[49:41] | Ben may be sorry, but he was clearheaded enough at the time | 本也许是很内疚 但他那时头脑也很清晰 |
[49:45] | to use your mother’s history of mental illness against her | 知道利用你妈的精神病史来捏造事实 |
[49:47] | and make everyone believe she drowned herself. | 让大家相信她是自己溺水而亡的 |
[49:55] | That’s right. | 是了 |
[49:59] | She drowned. | 她是溺死的 |
[50:01] | They found water in her lungs. | 他们在她肺部发现积水 |
[50:36] | Benjamin Cruz? | 本杰明·克鲁兹 |
[50:38] | Can I help you? | 有什么能帮到你 |
[50:39] | I’m Detective Clark, this is Detective Woods. | 我是克拉克警探 这是伍兹警探 |
[50:42] | We’d like to ask you a few questions | 关于艾莉森·贝利的死 |
[50:43] | pertaining to the death of Alison Bailey. | 我们想问你几个问题 |
[50:45] | May we come in? | 我们可以进来吗 |
[50:47] | I’ve made my decision. | 我做好决定了 |
[50:51] | Where did you find her? | 你们在哪找到她的 |
[50:54] | She’s one of the patients from my facility. | 她是我这里的一个病人 |
[50:56] | She went AWOL last night… and we’ve been worried sick. | 她昨晚擅自跑出去 我们都担心坏了 |
[51:02] | What? | 什么 |
[51:03] | This is her signature, | 这是她的签名 |
[51:04] | ‐ committing herself to psychiatric care. ‐ What? | -说明她有在接受精神治疗 -什么 |
[51:07] | And this is my case study for Joanie Lockhart. | 这是琼妮·洛克哈特的研究病历 |
[51:09] | She was admitted three weeks ago. | 三周前她被收治 |
[51:11] | That’s not true. None of this is true. | 这不是真的 他在说谎 |
[51:11] | Joanie suffers from severe depression and PTSD. | 琼妮患有重度抑郁和创伤后应激障碍症 |
[51:14] | Her mother tragically committed suicide | 她7岁时 |
[51:16] | when she was seven years old. | 经历了母亲的自杀悲剧 |
[51:19] | And lately she’s been experiencing | 最近她时常会有 |
[51:20] | homicidal fantasies and delusions. | 想杀人的幻想 |
[51:23] | ‐ This is all horseshit. ‐ We have been exploring | -扯淡 -我们在安全的治疗空间内 |
[51:24] | some of them in a safe, therapeutic space, | 探寻过她的这些幻想 |
[51:27] | but, yesterday she had a turn for the worse | 但昨天她变得更糟了 |
[51:31] | and she threatened my life. | 她威胁要杀我 |
[51:35] | I’d like to cut off your dick | 我要切掉你的屌 |
[51:37] | and let you bleed out like a pig until you die. | 让你血流成河 失血而死 |
[51:41] | That is not what I said. | 这不是我说的 |
[51:42] | That isn’t your voice on the recording? | 录音里不是你的声音吗 |
[51:44] | Of course it is, but it was meant as a hypothetical, | 是我的声音 但那只是个假设 |
[51:46] | like… if I were to kill him. | 比如 如果我要杀了他 我会怎么做 |
[51:51] | He knew my mother. | 他认识我妈 |
[51:52] | He isn’t just a random doctor I came to see. | 我不是随便找一个医生 |
[51:55] | He was dating her when she died. | 我妈死的时候就是和他在约会 |
[51:58] | He told me that he set up this whole clinic | 他告诉我说他建立这个诊所 |
[51:59] | because he felt like such a shit for what he did 30 years ago. | 就是为了30年前所做的事来赎罪 |
[52:02] | Officers, I have nothing to hide. | 警官 我没什么好隐瞒的 |
[52:05] | I was cleared of any wrongdoing | 多年前的艾莉森·贝利案 |
[52:06] | in Alison Bailey’s death years ago. | 我已被排除了嫌疑 |
[52:08] | The police ruled it as a suicide. | 警方也认定为是自杀 |
[52:11] | Joanie just can’t accept it. | 琼妮接受不了 |
[52:13] | She needs someone to blame. | 她需要找人问责 |
[52:16] | She herself has made a series of suicide attempts, | 她自己也多次企图自杀 |
[52:20] | as you can see referenced on pages five and six. | 你们可以看第5页和第6页 |
[52:26] | Ms. Lockhart, what are you doing? | 洛克哈特小姐 你要做什么 |
[52:28] | Where is it, Ben? | 放哪了 本 |
[52:30] | ‐ Where’s your fucking gun? ‐ There’s no gun. | -你的枪呢 -我没枪 |
[52:33] | He said I could kill him with it if I wanted to. | 他说如果我想我可以用枪打死他 |
[52:35] | I don’t have a gun, Joanie. | 我没有枪 琼妮 |
[52:37] | I run a therapeutic center for PTSD recovery. | 我开的是一家创伤后应激障碍症的治疗中心 |
[52:41] | A gun would be a very dangerous thing to have | 在这里放枪岂不是很危险 |
[52:43] | on these premises, wouldn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[52:45] | Ms. Lockhart, is it true what he’s saying? | 洛克哈特小姐 他说的是真的吗 |
[52:48] | Are you a patient at this facility? | 你是这家诊所的病人吗 |
[52:50] | ‐ No, of course not. ‐ All right, but… | -当然不是 -好的 但… |
[52:53] | this is your signature on this form? | 这表上是你的签名吧 |
[52:56] | I wasn’t paying attention to what I was signing. | 我当时没注意看我签的是什么 |
[52:58] | So you didn’t read what the form said? | 所以你没浏览过表上的内容 |
[53:00] | You aren’t listening to me. | 你没在听我说 |
[53:02] | I’m telling the truth. | 我说的都是事实 |
[53:04] | I’m not the crazy one. | 我才没毛病 |
[53:06] | ‐ He is. ‐ Okay, well, why would you sign | -他才有 -好 那为什么你会… |
[53:08] | something you didn’t read, ma’am? | 在你没浏览过的文件上签名 女士 |
[53:09] | Because I was too busy thinking about | 因为我当时正忙着想 |
[53:11] | how I was gonna kill him. | 要如何杀了他 |
[53:15] | Mr. Cruz, do you want us | 克鲁兹先生 你需要我们… |
[53:16] | to remove Ms. Lockhart from the property? | 帮你把洛克哈特小姐带离吗 |
[53:19] | That won’t be necessary. | 没必要 |
[53:20] | Are you sure, sir? | 你确定吗 先生 |
[53:22] | More than anything, right now, she needs my support. | 现在她最需要的就是我的支持 |
[53:26] | Sorry to have wasted your time, Officers. | 很抱歉浪费你们的时间 警官 |
[53:28] | Okay. | 没事 |
[53:42] | I’m gonna fucking kill you. | 我要杀了你 |
[53:45] | You can’t touch me now, Joanie. | 你现在碰不了我 琼妮 |
[53:48] | Police are watching you now. | 警察都盯着你呢 |
[53:51] | You’ll go to prison for the rest of your life. | 你余生将在监狱里度过 |
[53:54] | Your kids will grow up without a mother. | 你的孩子将失去母亲 |
[53:56] | That’s not what you want, is it? | 你可不想这样吧 |
[53:59] | What do you know about my kids? | 你怎么知道我的孩子 |
[54:00] | I meant what I said. | 我说的都是真的 |
[54:02] | I thought about you over the years, | 这些年来我也想过你 |
[54:05] | wondered how you were. | 想过你过得怎么样 |
[54:06] | Were you watching me? | 你在监视我 |
[54:09] | I looked you up online. | 我在网上找你 |
[54:11] | When did you know it was me? | 你什么时候认出我的 |
[54:14] | When you took off your sunglasses. | 当你摘掉墨镜 |
[54:16] | Why didn’t you say something then? | 那时你为什么不说 |
[54:17] | What was the point of this whole exercise? | 你这一出是要干什么 |
[54:24] | My mother was still breathing | 我妈落水前 |
[54:26] | when her body went into the water. | 还有呼吸 |
[54:28] | She didn’t die in our apartment like you said she did. | 她并不像你所说的那样死在公寓里 |
[54:30] | She had water in her lungs. | 她肺部有积水 |
[54:33] | She fucking drowned. | 她是溺死的 |
[54:34] | Calm down. | 冷静 |
[54:36] | Can I get you something? A drink? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[54:38] | You wanted me to call the police. | 你就等着我报警 |
[54:40] | So you could show them my signature | 就是给他们看我的签名 |
[54:42] | and play them the tape and make me seem like a nutjob. | 然后播放我的录音 让我看起来像个疯子 |
[54:46] | The one person left alive who knows what you did. | 我是最后一个知道真相的活人 |
[54:49] | You killed her, and then you dumped her body in the water. | 你杀了她 然后你把她的尸体丢到水里 |
[54:52] | You made it look like a suicide. | 做成自杀的样子 |
[54:53] | You used her history | 你利用了她的过去 |
[54:54] | and you set her up just like you set me up, didn’t you? | 你像设计我一样设计了她 是不是 |
[54:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[55:01] | Why? | 为什么 |
[55:02] | I didn’t want to go to prison. | 我不想坐牢 |
[55:04] | You’re a killer. You belong in prison. | 你是个杀人凶手 你应该坐牢 |
[55:06] | Thou shall not kill. | 你们不应该杀戮 |
[55:09] | Well… except sometimes. | 有时候例外 |
[55:12] | I killed people in Afghanistan, plenty of them. | 我在阿富汗杀了很多人 |
[55:15] | Some of them innocent civilians. | 有些都是无辜的老百姓 |
[55:20] | It wasn’t a crime there. | 但在那这都不是犯罪 |
[55:22] | Why should it be a crime here? | 那在这为什么就是犯罪 |
[55:25] | You took my mother from me. | 你让我妈离开了我 |
[55:30] | I was a child. | 我那时还是个孩子 |
[55:34] | You took her. | 你带走了她 |
[55:42] | You know, you are just so much like her. | 你跟她很像 |
[55:46] | When you showed up at my door, | 你出现在我门口时 |
[55:48] | you seemed so… strong, so tough. | 你看起来很坚强 |
[55:53] | I should have known it was a mask. | 我早该知道那只是伪装的 |
[55:56] | Just like hers. | 像她一样 |
[55:58] | You’re just as sad | 你就像她那时一样 |
[56:00] | and as frightened as she was. | 悲伤 惊惧 |
[56:24] | Harder. | 用力 |
[56:30] | I understand why you came here now. | 我现在知道你为什么来找我了 |
[56:35] | It wasn’t for Alison at all. | 根本不是为了艾莉森的事 |
[56:40] | You just want someone to put you out of your pain. | 你只是需要一个人来结束你的痛苦 |
[56:47] | I’m not gonna do you that favor. | 我不会帮你这个忙 |
[56:57] | I’m sorry for your pain, Joanie. | 你的痛苦我很同情 琼妮 |
[57:01] | I really am. | 真的 |
[57:05] | But if I go away, | 但如果我进了监狱 |
[57:08] | what happens to these patients? | 这些病人怎么办 |
[57:11] | They need me here. | 他们需要我 |
[57:13] | You are so full of shit, and you know it. | 你满口谎话 你心知肚明 |
[57:17] | I’ve paid for my sins. | 我已经赎罪了 |
[57:22] | I can live with myself. | 我可以心安理得 |
[57:29] | You’re the one, apparently, | 而显然 你才是那个 |
[57:32] | who cannot. | 不能的人 |