时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | You missed the meeting. | 你没来跟我们见面 |
[00:21] | Please stay away from me. | 离我远点 |
[00:23] | The CIA is planning on squeezing Burov in Moscow | 中情局正打算在莫斯科用我录的录音 |
[00:27] | with the tape I made. It’s not right. | 威胁布罗夫 这样做不对 |
[00:30] | A shipment of midges was sent six weeks ago | 六个星期前一批蠓虫被运输到 |
[00:32] | to a business address in Oklahoma. | 俄克拉荷马州的一个工作地址 |
[00:34] | What kind of bugs are these? | 这里面是什么昆虫 |
[00:37] | What do they do? | 它们是用来做什么的 |
[00:38] | It’s — It’s a wheat-eater. | 它是小麦杀手 |
[00:40] | Who do you work for? | 你为谁工作 |
[00:41] | The lab has a contract | 实验室和一家 |
[00:43] | with a-a company called AgriCorp. | 叫农产品的公司有联系 |
[00:45] | What are they using them for? | 他们用这些虫子做什么 |
[00:46] | W-We don’t ask those questions. | 我们不问这些问题 |
[00:47] | We just breed the bugs they tell us. | 我们只是按照他们的要求繁殖虫子 |
[00:52] | You should have asked. | 你应该问问的 |
[00:53] | Please, I — | 拜托 我 |
[00:55] | Stop, please! | 不要 拜托 |
[01:10] | How did they do? | 他们怎么样 |
[01:12] | Marilyn was fine. | 玛丽莲还行 |
[01:14] | Uh…Norm needed a couple of deep breaths, | 诺姆有点紧张 |
[01:18] | but they both did what they had to do. | 不过事都办好了 |
[01:19] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:21] | This is Benjamin Stobert from the Rolodex. | 这是洛勒德克斯的本杰明·斯托伯特 |
[01:24] | We also think Deirdre Kemp is a good bet. | 迪亚德里·坎普也有可能 |
[01:27] | She’s AgriCorp’s Vice President of Production and Distribution. | 她是农产品生产销售部门的二号负责人 |
[01:31] | They’re both in Topeka, and they’re both single. | 他们都在托皮卡 都是单身 |
[01:37] | Is there any way they could find someone else… | 有没有可能让其他人 |
[01:41] | to… | 去 |
[01:45] | Going back and forth to Topeka every week is just… | 每周去一次托皮卡实在是 |
[01:50] | Well, maybe you don’t go at the same time, but y– | 你们可以不用一起去 但是 |
[01:53] | With the Morozovs and Pastor Tim and Paige, | 我们现在事很多 莫罗佐夫 蒂姆牧师 |
[01:56] | Beeman, and Henry and Paige going over there all the time… | 佩姬 比曼 还有亨利和佩姬总是去他家 |
[02:00] | I– It’s a lot. | 真的处理不过来 |
[02:05] | Is there something else bothering you | 你们有其他烦心事 |
[02:06] | that we should talk about? | 要跟我聊聊吗 |
[02:12] | Paige is taking a lot of time right now, more than usual. | 佩姬的事很花时间 多花很多时间 |
[02:16] | Of course. I understand that. | 当然 我明白 |
[02:24] | We understand how important this is. | 我们知道这有多重要 |
[02:27] | Good. Then I know you’ll work it out. | 很好 我相信你们能处理好 |
[02:57] | You think we’re gonna get fired? | 你觉得我们会被炒了吗 |
[03:00] | It’s not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[03:02] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:53] | What was the name of the tree guy who came | 枫树分叉的时候我们找来的那个人 |
[03:55] | when the maple split? | 叫什么 |
[03:56] | Poblocki. | 珀博洛基 |
[03:57] | Yeah, I’m gonna call him again. | 我要联系下他 |
[03:59] | That branch is gonna fall. | 那枝树枝要倒了 |
[04:01] | Did you talk to Henry? | 你跟亨利谈了吗 |
[04:03] | Not yet. He’s in the bathroom. | 还没 他在浴室 |
[04:12] | There are no Apple Jacks left. | 没有麦片了 |
[04:13] | So go to the store and buy some Apple Jacks. | 那你就去店里买点 |
[04:16] | But there was some. | 但之前还有一些的 |
[04:18] | Yeah, sorry. | 抱歉 我吃了 |
[04:19] | Here. You can have my toast. | 来 你吃我的吐司吧 |
[04:22] | So, do you know why we got a message at work | 你的数学老师打电话到旅行社来说 |
[04:27] | that your math teacher wants to talk to us? | 要跟我们谈谈 你知道原因吗 |
[04:29] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[04:31] | What do you mean you don’t know? | 不知道是什么意思 |
[04:33] | I don’t know. | 就是不知道 |
[04:34] | You think he just called randomly? | 你觉得他会随便就打电话吗 |
[04:36] | I have no idea. | 我不清楚 |
[04:37] | Don’t be smart, Henry. | 别耍小聪明 亨利 |
[04:39] | I– I’m not! I don’t know! | 我没有 我不知道 |
[04:41] | I’ve been doing well. | 我一直表现很好 |
[04:42] | Some of the other kids screw around, but I don’t. | 是有一些人在胡闹 但我没有 |
[04:45] | Maybe I laugh sometimes. | 也许我跟着笑了几次 |
[04:46] | – Henry. – What? | -亨利 -怎么了 |
[04:48] | I’m calling him today. | 我今天给他打电话 |
[04:50] | Fine. | 随便你 |
[04:51] | You don’t put enough jam on this. | 吐司上的果酱太少了 |
[04:53] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[04:54] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:55] | I would have finished that. | 你可以给我吃啊 |
[04:57] | Then take it out of the trash and finish it. | 那你就把它从垃圾桶里捡出来吃了吧 |
[05:43] | – Here you are, sir. – Thank you. | -给您 先生 -谢谢 |
[05:46] | Here you go. | 给您 |
[05:48] | Enjoy. | 慢用 |
[05:50] | And here you go. | 给您 |
[05:52] | Enjoy. | 慢用 |
[06:01] | 托皮卡 堪萨斯州 | |
[06:41] | I’m — I’m sorry. | 打扰下 |
[06:45] | I’m sorry. Do you know how to set the tension? | 打扰下 你知道怎么设置力度吗 |
[06:47] | Tense, loose. | 这样紧 这样松 |
[06:49] | Loose. Thanks. | 松 谢谢 |
[06:50] | I, uh, usually ride a — a regular bike, | 我平常骑的都是普通车 |
[06:53] | but I’m in — I’m in a town — | 我是来这里… |
[06:55] | in town on business. | 来这里出差 |
[06:57] | I’m sor– Uh, are you a local? | 抱歉 你是本地人吗 |
[07:00] | – Yep. – Okay, well I– | -是的 -好的 我… |
[07:02] | One — One — One more. | 再问一个问题 |
[07:03] | Um, ah, I’m gonna be coming back a bunch, | 我过一阵子才会回去 |
[07:06] | and I-I know nothing about, um, Topeka. | 而我对托皮卡一无所知 |
[07:09] | What — what should I do, like, when I’m — | 我应该干点什么呢 当我… |
[07:11] | When I’m not working? | 当我不工作的时候 |
[07:13] | I spend time with my family. | 我会陪伴家人 |
[07:15] | Oh, you have kids? | 你有孩子吗 |
[07:17] | No. My sister’s family. | 不是 我姐姐的家人 |
[07:20] | Nieces and nephews? Nice. | 外甥和外甥女 挺好的 |
[07:22] | Yeah, I have, uh — I have three nephews. | 我有三个外甥 |
[07:25] | Love ’em to death, but I’m always happy to leave. | 我爱死他们了 但能脱身我也很高兴 |
[07:27] | But you must do something besides see them. | 但你除了看他们肯定还会做别的事 |
[07:32] | I like my work. | 我喜欢我的工作 |
[07:34] | What do you do? | 你是干什么的 |
[07:36] | Logistics — | 物流 |
[07:37] | storage, materials handling, | 仓储 货物装卸 |
[07:40] | identifying and fixing inefficiencies. | 确认并纠正低效率的事 |
[07:42] | Sounds like they can’t do anything without you. | 听起来他们没你不行啊 |
[07:44] | They can’t. | 是啊 |
[07:46] | No wonder you have to exercise. | 怪不得你要锻炼 |
[07:49] | I’m Gus Alexander. | 我叫盖斯·亚历山大 |
[07:52] | Deirdre Kemp. | 迪亚德里·坎普 |
[08:56] | Mom… | 妈 |
[09:48] | Mom… | 妈 |
[10:12] | 卢布尔雅那 南斯拉夫 | |
[11:13] | – Morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[11:19] | – Everything okay? – Yeah. | -都好吗 -都挺好 |
[11:22] | Did, uh — did you talk to Henry’s teacher? | 你和亨利的老师谈了吗 |
[11:26] | The school secretary said he wants us to come in. | 教学秘书说他想让我们去学校一趟 |
[11:30] | Is he failing the class? | 他是不及格了吗 |
[11:31] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[11:33] | All he ever does is play computer games | 他一直都在玩电脑游戏 |
[11:37] | and talk on the teleph– | 跟人煲电话粥 |
[11:39] | Do you have any idea who he’s talking to? | 你知道他跟谁打电话吗 |
[11:41] | No. | 不知道 |
[11:45] | How’d it go? | 还顺利吗 |
[11:49] | She has a real passion for logistics. | 她对物流真的很有热情 |
[11:53] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[11:59] | Is it promising? | 有希望吗 |
[12:02] | Maybe, if I don’t die of boredom first. | 也许有 如果我没先无聊死的话 |
[12:05] | That bad? | 有这么糟 |
[12:10] | I go tomorrow. | 明天我去 |
[15:33] | 托皮卡 堪萨斯州 | |
[15:49] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[16:01] | What’d you do, start an avalanche? | 你干了什么 制造雪崩吗 |
[16:03] | I guess so! | 可能吧 |
[16:06] | – Thank you.- Yeah. | -谢谢你 -不客气 |
[16:10] | Do — do you know what this stuff is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[16:13] | – It’s carob. – No, no, I know, | -角豆 -不 我知道 |
[16:15] | but do you know what it actually is? | 你知道这实际上是什么吗 |
[16:19] | Um, it’s like a natural, sweet chocolate-type thingy? | 天然 类似甜巧克力的玩意儿 |
[16:22] | Is that the official term? | 这是官方术语吗 |
[16:24] | Well, in Latin, it’s called “thingus.” | 在拉丁语里叫做”稻豆” |
[16:26] | Try one. | 尝一个 |
[16:27] | No, I haven’t paid. | 不行 我还没付钱 |
[16:30] | Have you never been in a health food store before? | 你从没进过保健食物店吗 |
[16:33] | – No. – Well, it’s okay. Try it. | -没有 -没关系 尝尝看 |
[16:39] | Go on. | 吃吧 |
[16:45] | Mmm! That actually is good. | 味道挺不错的 |
[16:46] | Right? | 可不是吗 |
[16:51] | I’m in from out of town, and a friend told me | 我是外地来的 我听朋友说 |
[16:53] | there was beautiful hiking around here, | 这附近徒步风景很好 |
[16:55] | but that first I had to make this…Gorp. | 但我得先准备什锦果仁 |
[16:59] | Well, where are you gonna hike? | 你打算去哪里徒步 |
[17:01] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[17:02] | I mean, I’m actually leaving town tomorrow, | 我明天就离开这里了 |
[17:04] | so I probably don’t even have time. | 所以大概也没时间 |
[17:06] | I’m coming back in a few days. I have a work thing in the city. | 我过几天会再回来 在城里有点工作 |
[17:09] | Well, lucky for you, you just ran into | 算你走运 你遇上了托皮卡 |
[17:11] | the Carob-Gorp-Eating Hiking-Expert of Topeka. | 爱好角豆什锦果仁的徒步专家 |
[17:14] | Yeah. Ben Stobert. | 是的 我是本·斯托伯特 |
[17:16] | Brenda Neill. | 布兰达·尼尔 |
[17:20] | It was all her. | 全是她的杰作 |
[17:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:28] | – To beer. – To beer. | -敬啤酒 -敬啤酒 |
[17:30] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[17:40] | In Soviet Union, we have woman on street. | 在苏联 我们会有女人在街上 |
[17:43] | You stand in line, she pour a kvass into mug. | 你去排队 她会把”葛瓦斯”倒进杯子 |
[17:47] | You drink, next person, she pours, | 你喝完了 换下一位 她再把 |
[17:50] | uh, kvass into same mug, they drink. | 葛瓦斯倒进同一个杯子给他们喝 |
[17:55] | We all drink from same mug. | 我们都用同一个杯子 |
[17:59] | Actually, kvass is the only thing I miss from Russia. | 我唯一怀念苏联的东西就是葛瓦斯 |
[18:01] | What — what is that? | 那是什么东西 |
[18:05] | Mm…Like Russian cola made from bread. | 可说是苏联的可乐 黑麦酿造 |
[18:10] | I make some in my basement. | 我在地下室也酿了一点 |
[18:13] | Here? | 在这里 |
[18:16] | Tastes like piss. I don’t know what I do wrong. | 喝起来有股尿味 我也不知道哪里做错了 |
[18:20] | How did you become a pilot? | 你是怎么成为飞行员的 |
[18:22] | I was, uh — | 我… |
[18:23] | I was always into planes. | 我一直都喜欢飞机 |
[18:26] | I used to have those balsa-wood-rubber-band ones | 我小时候还有那种橡皮筋和轻木 |
[18:29] | when I was a kid. | 拼成的玩具飞机 |
[18:30] | And where we grew up, there was a– an airfield. | 我小时候住的地方也有飞机场 |
[18:33] | It was small, but there was a guy there | 小小的 但是那儿有个人 |
[18:35] | that let me work for him, and, um, he taught me | 让我替他打工 他教我驾驶 |
[18:37] | how to fly props. | 螺旋桨飞机 |
[18:38] | – As kid? – Yeah. | -当时还是小孩 -是啊 |
[18:40] | I got my license when I was 16, | 我十六岁拿到飞行执照 |
[18:42] | joined the Air Force when I was 18. | 十八岁加入空军 |
[18:45] | – In war? – Vietnam. | -上过战场吗 -越战 |
[18:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:48] | Yeah, not fighters — re-supply. | 是 但不是飞战斗机 只是补给 |
[18:53] | A-And then that’s why, uh, Tuan, right? | 所以才会有了徒安 是吧 |
[18:56] | No, no, that was, um… | 不 不 |
[18:59] | It was different. We couldn’t have kids. | 那是两码事 我们没办法生育 |
[19:02] | He’s a good boy. | 他是个乖孩子 |
[19:04] | So is Pasha. | 帕夏也是 |
[19:10] | Him and his mother — You think I did not | 他和他妈妈 你以为我没 |
[19:13] | fly him around the world, | 带着他周游世界 |
[19:14] | give him good clothes, house, school, friends. | 给他提供衣食住行 供他上学 交朋友 |
[19:18] | Teenagers are tough. | 十几岁的孩子不好带 |
[19:19] | Evgheniya is not a teenager. | 叶夫根尼娅不是小孩了 |
[19:21] | If — if I did not love my job, I would shoot my brains out. | 如果我不热爱的我工作 还不如去死呢 |
[19:26] | What is so great about your job? | 你的工作哪里好了 |
[19:30] | They think I’m genius. | 他们认为我是天才 |
[19:33] | Everything they not know about, uh, port, Russian, | 他们不知道的事情 港口 苏联人 |
[19:36] | Soviet port — about food, transportation, | 苏联港口 食物 运输 |
[19:40] | everything to do with grain, I know. | 和粮食相关的所有事情 |
[19:42] | They can’t believe it take us months | 他们不敢相信我们竟然花几个月时间 |
[19:44] | to move what you guys move in one day. | 才把你们一天的工作做完 |
[19:47] | “This is who we fight? | “这就是我们的对手 |
[19:48] | You can’t move wheat from Odessa to Kharkov.” | 你都不能把小麦从敖德萨运到哈尔科夫” |
[19:52] | And in Soviet Union, we have same great land, | 在苏联 我们有着同样肥沃的土地 |
[19:55] | same great climate, but system is broke. | 同样优良的气候 但是体制却已残破 |
[19:59] | They still move food by horse sometimes. | 他们有时还用马运输食物 |
[20:02] | By the time it gets to where it needs to be, | 等到了该到的地方的时候 |
[20:04] | it’s already rotten. | 早就腐坏了 |
[20:24] | You didn’t have to wait up. | 你没必要等我的 |
[20:27] | Saved you some chicken. | 给你留了点鸡肉 |
[20:29] | I ate on the plane. | 我在飞机上吃了 |
[20:41] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[20:42] | Yeah, just tired. | 还好 就是有点累 |
[20:46] | I have a gift for you. | 我给你准备了一份礼物 |
[20:53] | Guy sitting next to me bought it for me. | 坐在我旁边的人买给我的 |
[20:55] | I made a big deal of telling him I’d give it to my husband. | 我和他说了要把这个给我丈夫 |
[21:02] | How’s everything here? | 一切还好吗 |
[21:04] | Fine. | 挺好 |
[21:07] | Paige is babysitting | 周六晚上佩姬 |
[21:10] | for Claire Louise on Saturday night. | 会去带克莱尔·路易斯 |
[21:18] | How was your guy? | 你的人怎么样 |
[21:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:24] | I don’t know. Full of himself. | 我不知道 还挺自大 |
[21:30] | We’re going hiking this weekend. | 周末我们要去徒步 |
[21:55] | In the face? | 砸到了脸上 |
[21:55] | Yeah. She still has a little scar. | 是 还有道小伤疤 |
[21:57] | He said he didn’t see me before he swung, | 他说他传球之前没看见我 |
[21:59] | but my brother always was a sore loser. | 但是我弟弟总是输不起 |
[22:02] | – Renee played shortstop. – Thing is, I was really close | -勒妮是游击手 -我和弟弟 爸爸 |
[22:05] | to my brother and my dad. | 真的挺亲近的 |
[22:07] | I always sort of had to be one of the guys. | 我总是想成为他们俩那样的人 |
[22:09] | I tried playing softball but hated it. | 我试过玩垒球但是很讨厌 |
[22:12] | Would have rather played baseball, | 我情愿玩棒球 |
[22:13] | but there wasn’t anything like that then. | 但是那个时候没什么人打棒球 |
[22:15] | So, you never played? | 所以你从没打过 |
[22:17] | Nothing official, | 没有正式地打过 |
[22:18] | just pick-up games in our neighborhood. | 只是邻居间随便玩玩 |
[22:20] | Now I play in my company’s intramural league. | 现在我在公司的内部联盟里比赛 |
[22:22] | She won’t let me go to the games. | 她不让我去看比赛 |
[22:23] | He gets too excited. | 他太容易激动了 |
[22:25] | – Well, it’s exciting. – You do! | -本来就让人激动 -你真的是 |
[22:28] | So — So, where are you two from? | 你们来自哪里 |
[22:30] | Chicago. Pittsburgh. | 芝加哥 匹兹堡 |
[22:33] | I had an uncle from Pittsburgh. | 我有个叔叔在匹兹堡 |
[22:34] | Oh, yeah? What’d he do? | 真的吗 他做什么 |
[22:35] | Scrap metal. | 回收废金属 |
[22:37] | He had this big yard out in Ross Township. | 他在罗斯镇有一个很大的院子 |
[22:40] | I used to love visiting. I’d climb all over the piles. | 我以前很喜欢去 在成堆的破铜烂铁里乱爬 |
[22:43] | I found some really good stuff, too — | 我还找到过一些很不错的东西 |
[22:44] | broken TVs, radios, hair dryers. | 废旧的电视 收音机 吹风机 |
[24:50] | Any sign of him? | 有动静吗 |
[24:51] | He’s still getting his hair cut. | 他还在剪头发 |
[24:55] | I was thinking… | 我在想 |
[24:58] | about Burov. | 布罗夫的事情 |
[25:03] | In San Francisco, we had a guy. | 在旧金山 有这么一个人 |
[25:05] | Offered him a lot, but nothing. | 给他提了许多条件 他没接受 |
[25:09] | We found out he was having an affair. | 我们发现他有了外遇 |
[25:11] | He was a sensitive type, | 他是一个很敏感的人 |
[25:12] | couldn’t handle his wife finding out. | 被他老婆发现就糟了 |
[25:15] | We just had to drop that we knew. | 我们只能告诉他我们知道了 |
[25:18] | That was enough. We had him. | 就够了 我们抓住了他的把柄 |
[25:21] | Still gave him everything we offered. | 还是按当初说好的条件做了 |
[25:24] | He ended up with a boatload of cash. | 最后他拿了超级多的钱 |
[25:28] | And the family? | 那他家人呢 |
[25:30] | His family’s still together. | 他们还在一起 |
[25:32] | He and his wife are U.S. Citizens with new names | 他和他老婆是美国公民 只是有了新名字 |
[25:34] | and a split-level in Tucson. | 和图森的一处房产 |
[25:37] | I think his son’s a lawyer. | 他儿子好像是个律师 |
[25:40] | – All’s well that ends well. – Yeah. | -结局好就好 -是啊 |
[25:44] | We blackmailed the shit out of him, | 我们狠狠敲了他一笔 |
[25:47] | and everybody wound up happy. | 皆大欢喜 |
[25:56] | Number’s on the fridge. | 号码在冰箱上贴着 |
[25:58] | We’re around the corner, so don’t hesitate to call. | 我们就在街拐角 有事就给我们电话 |
[26:00] | It’s just dinner. | 只是吃顿晚饭 |
[26:01] | She’ll wake around 9:00. | 她9点左右醒 |
[26:03] | Give her a bottle, change her, | 给她喂瓶奶 换个尿布 |
[26:05] | and then she’ll go back to sleep. | 然后她就会接着睡了 |
[26:06] | If she doesn’t? | 如果她没睡呢 |
[26:07] | Panic. | 那就坏了 |
[26:10] | There she is! | 你来了 |
[26:11] | Oh! I just forgot one thing. | 我还忘了件事 |
[26:13] | We really appreciate it, Paige. | 真的很感谢你 佩姬 |
[26:15] | Sure. | 没事 |
[26:16] | Alice is a little nervous. | 爱丽丝有点紧张 |
[26:18] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[26:21] | So, you and your mom coming to the food pantry Thursday? | 那你和你妈周四来食品救济吗 |
[26:24] | She wouldn’t miss it. | 她肯定会来的 |
[26:25] | She likes us doing it together. | 她喜欢我们聚在一起 |
[26:28] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[26:30] | She’s really trying, Paige. | 她真的很努力了 佩姬 |
[26:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:34] | No, I mean it. | 不 我说真的 |
[26:35] | The — the things I deal with with families — | 我处理过的家庭问题 |
[26:37] | I’m not saying it’s the same as yours. | 我不是说和你们的情况一样 |
[26:40] | No one’s is the same as mine. | 没有哪家的情况会和我家一样 |
[26:42] | You’d be surprised how many people feel that way. | 很多人都会这么说 |
[26:56] | This might help you understand them a little bit. | 或许这会有助于加深你对他们的了解 |
[26:59] | Marx? I thought he hated religion. | 马克思 我以为他讨厌宗教 |
[27:02] | Uh, h-he did. | 的确是 |
[27:03] | But he was pretty great on class and poverty. | 但他在阶级和贫穷方面贡献很大 |
[27:06] | Are these your notes? | 这些是你的笔记 |
[27:07] | It’s from college. | 大学时写的 |
[27:11] | Here. | 看这个 |
[27:15] | “Labor is therefore not voluntary but coerced. | “因而劳动不是自愿的 而是强迫下的 |
[27:18] | It is therefore not the satisfaction of a need. | 因而它无法满足需要 |
[27:21] | It is merely a means to satisfy needs external to it.” | 只是满足需要的一种外部手段” |
[27:25] | What? | 什么 |
[27:26] | All right, j– Read the book. | 没什么 就 看书就好了 |
[27:30] | – Okay. – All right. | -好了 -行 |
[27:31] | We better go before she changes her mind. | 趁她还没改变主意 我们走吧 |
[27:35] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[28:04] | Hi, Deirdre. It’s Gus Alexander. | 迪亚德里 我是格斯·亚历山大 |
[28:08] | Uh, from the gym. | 我们在健身房见过 |
[28:09] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 是的 |
[28:11] | Uh, I’m — I’m gonna be in town for a few days. | 我要进城待几天 |
[28:14] | Is there any chance, uh, you’d be free for dinner? | 你有空一起吃个晚饭吗 |
[28:20] | Yeah. Oh, me too, but you got to eat, right? | 我也是 但你总得吃饭的对吧 |
[28:25] | Oh. Oh, well, no. | 没什么 |
[28:26] | I-I know all about a big — a big presentation. | 有重要的汇报要做 我懂的 |
[28:28] | How about this — | 要么这样吧 |
[28:30] | I call you when I get in, | 我到了再给你打电话 |
[28:31] | and I’ll — I’ll just, um, hope for the best. | 希望到时候会有好消息 |
[28:37] | Okay, great. Yeah. | 很好 |
[28:39] | Okay. See you. | 好 再见 |
[28:46] | When I was a kid, we, uh — We had a feeder out back, | 小时候我们那儿有个饲鸟器 |
[28:49] | and I — I’d just — I’d just sit there and watch. | 我就会…坐在那儿盯着看 |
[28:53] | Hummingbirds, woodpeckers… | 蜂鸟 啄木鸟 |
[28:56] | Woodpeckers are crazy. | 啄木鸟简直就是疯子 |
[28:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:00] | Do you know where they keep their tongues? | 你知道它们的舌头平时放在哪儿吗 |
[29:01] | No. Where? | 不知道 哪儿 |
[29:03] | – Their head? – Yeah. | -脑袋里 -对 |
[29:04] | Yeah, they have these really long tongues to get the bugs. | 他们啄虫子的舌头非常长 |
[29:06] | That’s why they’re banging their heads | 所以它们才整天都在 |
[29:08] | against the trees all day — to make holes for the tongue. | 用脑袋撞树 它们要给舌头凿洞 |
[29:11] | Yeah. They have to store it somewhere, right? | 它们总得有个地方装舌头 对吧 |
[29:13] | So it — it wraps around the top of their head on the inside. | 所以说 那舌头就在脑袋里一圈圈绕到顶上 |
[29:17] | – That’s crazy. – Yeah. | -这也太扯了 -是啊 |
[29:19] | I always imagine the moment | 我总是在想象 |
[29:20] | it comes out. | 舌头伸出来那一刻的样子 |
[29:24] | It must feel good, right? | 一定很爽 对吧 |
[29:26] | – I guess so! – Yeah. | -我估计也是 -对 |
[31:43] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[32:44] | Wait. Wait. | 等等 |
[32:47] | Too fast? | 进展太快了吗 |
[32:51] | We — we can go slower. | 我们…也可以慢一点 |
[32:55] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[32:59] | Great. | 很好啊 |
[33:02] | I like you, too. | 我也喜欢你 |
[33:04] | – But — – Oh, you, uh — | -但是… -你是不是 |
[33:07] | You don’t have a boyfriend, do you? | 你是不是已经有男朋友了 |
[33:08] | No. No, I don’t. | 没有 |
[33:11] | But I am a bad planner. | 但我太不会安排时间了 |
[33:13] | Um, I have work tonight. | 我今晚还有工作要做 |
[33:17] | I’ll be back next week. | 我下周还会回来 |
[33:20] | Can I see you then? | 我们能到时候见吗 |
[33:24] | let me think about it. | 我考虑一下 |
[33:30] | Yes, please. | 你一定要来 |
[33:55] | Agent Beeman. | 比曼探员 |
[33:56] | Sorry, I only have a few minutes. | 抱歉 我只有几分钟时间 |
[34:00] | Uh, that’s all I need. | 几分钟就够了 |
[34:05] | You remember three years ago | 你还记得三年前有一名叫做 |
[34:07] | when that KGB officer was killed — Vladimir Kosygin? | 弗拉基米尔·柯西金的克格勃特工被杀的事吗 |
[34:17] | He was kidnapped by a group of FBI agents | 一群联调局的探员绑架了他 |
[34:21] | and then shot in cold blood. | 并将其残忍地枪杀 |
[34:24] | For now, it doesn’t really matter who took Kosygin or why. | 现在带走柯西金的人是谁以及原因都不重要了 |
[34:30] | I shot him. | 是我枪杀了他 |
[34:33] | Once. | 一击致命 |
[34:34] | In the back of the head. | 射中后脑勺 |
[34:39] | You killed him? | 是你杀了他 |
[34:42] | Yes. | 没错 |
[34:46] | And…what? | 然后呢 |
[34:48] | You want to be arrested, prosecuted? | 你想让自己被抓 被指控吗 |
[34:53] | What happens next, that’s up to you. | 接下来发生什么完全取决于你 |
[34:58] | But if the CIA uses the tape I made to blackmail Burov, | 但是如果中情局利用我录的录音勒索布罗夫 |
[35:02] | I will go public and confess. | 我会站出来认罪 |
[35:06] | The U.S. Government killing innocent people, | 美国政府杀害无辜的人民 |
[35:09] | splashed across the world’s newspapers. | 这个消息会散布世界各地的报纸 |
[35:16] | I swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, Agent Beeman. | 我发誓遵守美国宪法 比曼探员 |
[35:18] | Unlike you, I haven’t forgotten what that means. | 我不像你 我没有忘记它的意义 |
[35:25] | I’m guessing you’ll keep quiet like the rest of us. | 我想你会像我们其他人一样保持缄默 |
[35:29] | And you will find a way to make sure | 你也会想办法确保中情局 |
[35:31] | the CIA leaves Oleg Burov alone. | 不会再找奥列格·布罗夫的麻烦 |
[35:56] | How was school? | 学校怎么样 |
[35:58] | Fine. | 不错 |
[36:02] | Hey, don’t fill up. | 别吃东西了 |
[36:03] | I’m making lasagna. | 我在做千层面 |
[36:05] | Who’s home? | 谁在家 |
[36:07] | Just me. | 只有我一个人 |
[36:08] | Dad’s at work. | 爸爸在工作 |
[36:10] | Henry is with Doug. | 亨利和道格在一起 |
[36:11] | Doug? I haven’t heard that name in a while. | 道格 我有段时间没听过这个人了 |
[36:14] | I know. Suspicious, right? | 是的 有点疑惑 是吗 |
[36:17] | I’m thinking girlfriend. | 我觉得是女朋友 |
[36:18] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[36:20] | Well, he’s always on the phone. | 他一直在打电话 |
[36:21] | Have you heard anything? | 你有听说什么吗 |
[36:23] | Well, I know he talks to a girl named Kira. | 我知道他和一个叫基拉的女孩聊天 |
[36:26] | Kira… | 基拉… |
[36:27] | But I’ve also heard “Wendy.” | 不过我也听到过”温迪” |
[36:33] | You guys have been traveling a lot. | 你们最近一直不在家 |
[36:56] | It’s what we were talking to you about — | 我们在处理跟你说过的 |
[37:00] | the, uh, grain thing. | 粮食的事情 |
[37:05] | We’re, um, developing some new sources, | 我们发现了一些新的线索 |
[37:09] | and unfortunately, it takes some travel to get to them. | 但是不幸的是 那些线索都在外地 |
[37:14] | You go separately, though. | 但是你们分开行动了 |
[37:16] | Sometimes we need to | 有时候我们需要 |
[37:19] | get to know different people. | 认识一些不同的人 |
[37:22] | So, who are you getting to know? | 那你认识了谁 |
[37:27] | A scientist. | 一个科学家 |
[37:28] | Someone who knows a lot about this stuff. | 他很了解这件事 |
[37:31] | So, he doesn’t know who you really are? | 那他知道你的真实身份吗 |
[37:33] | No. | 不知道 |
[37:34] | So who do you say you are? | 那你告诉他你是谁 |
[37:37] | A salesperson. | 一个售货员 |
[37:40] | What do you sell? | 卖什么的 |
[37:42] | Women’s clothing. | 女装 |
[37:49] | Do you use a different name? | 你用了别名吗 |
[37:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:56] | What is it? | 叫什么 |
[38:01] | Brenda Neill. | 布兰达·尼尔 |
[38:04] | Brenda Neill? | 布兰达·尼尔 |
[38:06] | What’s so funny about that name? | 这个名字很好笑吗 |
[38:09] | I don’t know, it just — It’s weird. | 我不知道 只是听起来很奇怪 |
[38:14] | I would be scared of someone finding out. | 我很害怕有人发现你的身份是假的 |
[38:20] | Yeah, I guess a lot of its just, um, confidence. | 是 关键在于你要有自信 |
[38:26] | Listen — Uh, when I was at Pastor Tim’s babysitting… | 听着 我在蒂姆牧师家做保姆的时候 |
[38:31] | I found his diary. | 我发现了他的日记 |
[38:34] | – Paige — – I just thought that | -佩姬 -我觉得 |
[38:35] | if I could find that lawyer’s name… | 如果我能找到那个律师的名字 |
[38:36] | – No. – …with the tape — | -不 -那录音带 |
[38:37] | No, no, no. I know. | 不 不 不 我知道 |
[38:39] | It’s too dangerous. | 这太危险了 |
[38:40] | They were out. | 他们都出去了 |
[38:41] | What if they came back? | 如果他们回来了怎么办 |
[38:42] | I would have heard their car. | 我会听见他们开车回来的声音 |
[38:44] | Paige, you can look different | 佩姬 在你做完这样的事情之后 |
[38:45] | after you’ve done something like that. | 你的神情也许会和原来不一样 |
[38:46] | You can sound different. | 声音也有可能不一样 |
[38:48] | H-He just writes about people from the church. | 他记下来的都是教堂里的人 |
[38:50] | He uses their initials. | 他用的是姓名首字母 |
[38:53] | I could figure out who most of them were. | 大多数人我都能猜出来是谁 |
[38:58] | Did he write anything about us? | 他写过关于我们的事吗 |
[39:01] | Not that I saw. | 我没看到 |
[39:03] | Listen, | 听着 |
[39:06] | I understand what you were doing, | 我知道你想做什么 |
[39:09] | and it was smart, and it was brave. | 这很聪明 也很勇敢 |
[39:11] | But, Paige, if there is any slip, | 但是佩姬 如果出现一丁点失误 |
[39:15] | if they sense anything from you, | 如果他们从你身上发现任何蛛丝马迹 |
[39:17] | Alice wouldn’t come to us next time. | 爱丽丝下次就不会来找我们了 |
[39:20] | She would go straight to the FBI. | 她会直接去找联调局 |
[39:28] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[39:31] | But I was there, not you. | 但是当时在场的是我 不是你 |
[41:34] | Welcome to John F. Kennedy International Airport. | 欢迎来到约翰·肯尼迪机场 |
[41:43] | Taxi. | 出租 |
[41:51] | Going through his things. | 翻他的东西 |
[41:53] | If she even looked nervous… | 如果她表现出紧张… |
[41:58] | How did you leave it? | 你怎么跟她说的 |
[42:00] | I told her it was crazy and dangerous | 我告诉她这很疯狂而且很危险 |
[42:02] | and she could never do it again. | 她不能再这么做了 |
[42:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[42:08] | Did she get it? | 她听进去了吗 |
[42:09] | I hope so. | 希望吧 |
[42:16] | What? | 怎么了 |
[42:21] | She just… | 她只是… |
[42:25] | What? | 只是什么 |
[42:30] | If there was something on him with a parishioner… | 如果真有东西说他和某个教徒有什么事… |
[42:34] | – Elizabeth — – No, no — I know, | -伊丽莎白 -我明白 |
[42:36] | but it’s interesting, right? | 但是这事很有意思 对吧 |
[42:39] | I mean, who knows what goes on with the good pastor? | 谁知道老好人牧师背后在干什么呢 |
[42:57] | What about Kansas? | 堪萨斯那边怎么样 |
[43:01] | It was fine. | 还行 |
[43:03] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不是很想谈这事 |
[43:06] | Why? | 为什么 |
[43:11] | Because it’s… | 因为那… |
[43:17] | What? | 什么 |
[43:21] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[43:22] | He’s…nice. | 他人很…好 |
[43:26] | He likes birds and hiking. | 喜欢鸟类和远足 |
[43:28] | He’s funny. | 人很风趣 |
[43:32] | You like him? | 你喜欢他 |
[43:39] | I have to sit there with him while he makes his jokes. | 他开玩笑的时候我得坐在那儿听 |
[43:43] | The guy’s laughing while he’s trying to | 他在试图让一个国家陷入饥荒 |
[43:45] | starve an entire country. | 竟然还笑得出来 |