时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | That’s my son. | 这是我儿子 |
[00:22] | Our son. | 我们的儿子 |
[00:30] | You missed the meeting. | 你没来跟我们见面 |
[00:32] | Stay away from me. | 离我远点 |
[00:33] | The CIA is planning on squeezing Burov in Moscow | 中情局正打算在莫斯科用我录的录音 |
[00:37] | with the tape I made. | 威胁布罗夫 |
[00:39] | You remember three years ago | 你还记得三年前有一名 |
[00:40] | when that KGB officer was killed? | 克格勃特工被杀的事吗 |
[00:43] | I shot him. | 是我枪杀了他 |
[00:44] | If the CIA uses the tape I made to blackmail Burov, | 如果中情局利用我录的录音勒索布罗夫 |
[00:49] | I will go public. | 我会站出来 |
[00:50] | Half our grain comes from America and its allies. | 我们的粮食有一半来自美国及其盟友 |
[00:54] | If they’re doing something to it, | 如果他们在其中动了什么手脚 |
[00:55] | people will starve. | 人民会饿死的 |
[00:57] | The lab has a contract | 实验室为一家 |
[00:58] | with a-a company called AgriCorp. | 叫农产品的公司工作 |
[01:02] | This is Benjamin Stobert from the Rolodex. | 这是洛勒德克斯的本杰明·斯托伯特 |
[01:05] | We also think Deirdre Kemp is a good bet. | 迪亚德里·坎普也有可能 |
[01:09] | – You like him? – I have to sit there with him | -你喜欢他 -他开玩笑的时候 |
[01:12] | while he makes his jokes. | 我得坐在那儿听 |
[01:14] | The guy’s laughing while he’s trying to starve an entire country. | 他在试图让一个国家陷入饥荒竟然还笑得出来 |
[01:24] | 托皮卡 堪萨斯州 | |
[01:26] | Problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[01:29] | This is the worst VA hospital, | 这是我见过的最糟糕的退伍军人医院 |
[01:31] | budget-wise, I have ever seen. | 从预算上来说 |
[01:34] | You people have to get computerized. | 你们这些人要学会计算机化呀 |
[01:37] | I work for the government. | 我是为政府工作的 |
[01:38] | We’re like “The Flintstones.” | 我们就像《摩登原始人》一样 |
[01:40] | There’s a program called Lotus 1-2-3. | 有一个叫做”莲花123″的程序 |
[01:42] | It would save you a lot of time. | 会帮你省下很多时间 |
[01:44] | M-Maybe I could pitch that to my boss, | 如果我知道这具体是什么程序的话 |
[01:46] | if I knew what I was talking about. | 或许我能向上级提下建议 |
[01:50] | I can show you how it works. | 我可以带你看看它的运作方式 |
[01:57] | So, 10 minutes prep, | 烤箱预热十分钟 |
[01:58] | and you pop it in the oven for 35 minutes. | 然后进烤箱烤35分钟 |
[02:02] | – That’s all? – That’s all. | -这么简单 -就这么简单 |
[02:03] | You know, I used to make my own tomato sauce, | 我以前都是自己做番茄酱的 |
[02:05] | but now with my schedule so crazy, | 但是我现在实在是太忙了 |
[02:07] | I just buy it out of a jar. | 所以只能从外面买 |
[02:10] | I not think Pasha will like eggplant so much. | 我觉得帕夏不会很喜欢茄子 |
[02:12] | Oh, don’t tell him what it is. | 别告诉他这是茄子呀 |
[02:14] | I can’t tell him nothing. | 我什么都不会告诉他的 |
[02:17] | But I hear what you said. | 但是我按你说的做了 |
[02:19] | I give him “Space.” | 给他”空间” |
[02:21] | Now, he have too much space. | 他现在简直为所欲为 |
[02:23] | Right. | 好吧 |
[02:24] | Me at home all day — I… | 我整天都待在家里 我… |
[02:26] | I go crazy. I need job. | 我快要疯了 我需要工作 |
[02:29] | So, I have interview tomorrow. | 所以 我明天有一场面试 |
[02:32] | – Where? – Department of Agriculture. | -在哪面试 -农业部 |
[02:35] | Alexei tell them about me. | 阿列克谢介绍我去的 |
[02:37] | That’s great. What’s the job? | 太好了 是什么工作 |
[02:39] | Uh, Russian language instructor for specialists, uh, | 给一些研究苏联农业的专家们 |
[02:43] | who study agriculture in Soviet Union. | 做俄语教师 |
[02:45] | You are perfect for that. | 这工作太适合你了 |
[02:47] | I don’t know. My English not so good. | 我不知道 我的英语不是很好 |
[02:50] | No, you are. You’re perfect for that. | 不 你英语说得很好 你很适合这份工作 |
[04:32] | You good? | 你还好吗 |
[04:34] | Great. | 好极了 |
[04:41] | Do you want to hear about Lotus 1-2-3? | 你想不想了解一下”莲花123″ |
[04:45] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[04:48] | I can show you some printouts. | 我可以给你看一些资料 |
[05:24] | …walked out of the supermarket, | …走出了超市 |
[05:26] | left a half-full shopping cart. | 留下了一辆装了一半的购物车 |
[05:28] | We got a couple more we’ll pitch this week. | 还有几个我们这周会一起整理出来 |
[05:30] | All right. Good job, guys. | 好的 做得很好 |
[05:32] | Keep going. | 继续保持 |
[05:33] | “Good job”? | “做得很好” |
[05:35] | I told you — it’s gonna be hit-and-miss. | 我告诉过你了 这是件碰运气的事 |
[05:37] | We’ll see if you get a bite. | 等有进展的时候再说 |
[05:39] | Well, none of these guys look hungry. | 这些人看起来都不饿 |
[05:41] | You haven worked outside the rezidentura before. | 你在基地外围工作过 |
[05:44] | It’s a different game trying to get sideways into the KGB. | 打入克格勃是一场完全不同的行动 |
[05:47] | All right, let’s say after a couple of months of this | 好了 假设我们在几个月之后 |
[05:49] | we get lucky and one of these guys, | 走了运 这些人中的一个 |
[05:51] | some trade rep, is willing to work with us. | 某个贸易代表 愿意跟我们合作 |
[05:53] | What are the odds that he will give us anything | 但他给我们的信息 |
[05:56] | that makes it worth all the trouble? | 能值回票价的机率又有多大 |
[05:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:59] | It’s not a high-percentage game. | 这不是回报率高的事情 |
[06:01] | This is what we do. | 但这是我们的工作 |
[06:02] | But we approach them, | 但我们接近他们 |
[06:04] | their people have them so terrified, the odds are — | 他们本身就很害怕我们 机率恐怕… |
[06:06] | Even if we just scare ’em, we still win. | 即使只是吓到了他们 也是我们赢 |
[06:08] | They report our approach, like they’re supposed to, | 他们汇报了我们的接近 他们本应如此 |
[06:11] | the KGB goes crazy, they send people home, | 克格勃会失去理智 把人都调回去 |
[06:13] | they investigate forever — weakness of their system. | 然后无休止地调查他们系统的薄弱环节 |
[06:16] | If nothing else, we keep the KGB busy and irritated. | 就算没别的收获 我们也能让克格勃瞎忙 |
[06:21] | Well, we’re certainly busy and irritated. | 我们也会一直瞎忙 |
[06:25] | That’s a good joke. | 玩笑开得好 |
[06:42] | He’s polite and attentive… | 他很有礼貌且细心… |
[06:45] | …even if, like most of the boys his age, | …即使他和大部分同龄男孩一样 |
[06:47] | his mind wanders easily. | 上课很容易走神 |
[06:49] | This semester, Henry has really come into his own. | 但这个学期 亨利态度突然转变了 |
[06:52] | He’s — He’s prepared, he’s interested, | 他预习充分 兴趣高涨 |
[06:55] | and he’s demonstrated a real aptitude for challenging material. | 展现出了面对挑站时的真正能力 |
[06:58] | I don’t know how or why, | 我不知道原因 |
[06:59] | but something has lit a fire under his butt. | 但好像有什么东西点燃了他心中的火焰 |
[07:04] | – That’s…I mean — – Uh, great. Great. | -这真是… -太好了 |
[07:06] | Which is why I want to move him into Algebra 2. | 所以我想把他转去学代数2 |
[07:10] | Now, I know it’s a little unusual in the middle of the school year, | 我知道在学期中间这样做有些不合常理 |
[07:13] | but we’ve got his attention now. | 但是他现在很专注于数学 |
[07:14] | We don’t want to lose it. | 我们想抓住这个机会 |
[07:17] | Unless you think it’s a bad idea. | 除非你们觉得这样不好 |
[07:21] | – Uh, no.yeah. No no no, that — – Of course. | -不 这样很好 -当然好 |
[07:23] | Yeah, that’d be… | 这样很好… |
[07:32] | I thought he spent all his time | 我以为他把时间都花在 |
[07:34] | playing games on the computer. | 打电脑游戏上了 |
[07:36] | I know. | 可不是吗 |
[07:46] | Henry — our Henry. | 亨利 我们的亨利 |
[07:50] | I’m good at math. | 我数学挺好的 |
[08:01] | Evgheniya’s applying for a job as a language instructor | 叶夫根尼娅要去农业部 |
[08:04] | at the Department of Agriculture. | 当语言教师了 |
[08:08] | Sounds like Alexei put a word in for her. | 好像是阿列克谢推荐了她 |
[08:13] | If she gets a job teaching Russian at the CIA… | 如果她能在中情局教俄语… |
[08:17] | There’s a chance we could get | 那我们就有机会 |
[08:19] | every officer they’re training for Moscow. | 拿到所有负责莫斯科工作的特工名单了 |
[08:47] | Perfect timing! | 时间正好 |
[08:48] | Me and the boys are gonna see “Romancing the Stone.” | 我们要去看《绿宝石》 |
[08:51] | Come with us. | 一起去吧 |
[08:52] | Bring Paige — we’ll make it a party. | 带上佩姬 就像是开派对 |
[08:53] | Uh, Paige can’t come. She already told me. | 佩姬来不了 她跟我说了 |
[08:56] | Well, you guys are still invited. | 还是欢迎你们一起 |
[08:58] | We can grab a drink after. | 看完电影我们可以去喝一杯 |
[09:00] | Yeah, Matthew’s staying at Sandra’s, | 马修今天去桑德拉那里 |
[09:01] | so we have to drop him off after the movie. | 看完电影我们先把他送去 |
[09:02] | You know, I-I don’t think so. | 还是算了吧 |
[09:04] | We — we’ve been out all day. | 我们一整天都在外面 |
[09:05] | Yeah. Another time? | 好吧 下次再约 |
[09:06] | We’ll hold you to that. | 你们可跑不掉 |
[09:08] | Uh, next weekend? | 下周末行吗 |
[09:10] | Next weekend we’re going fly fishing. | 下周末我们去飞钓 |
[09:12] | Right. | 对啊 |
[09:13] | You fly fish? | 你会飞钓 |
[09:15] | – Never. – I’m gonna teach him. | -没钓过 -我教他 |
[09:18] | – See ya. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[09:30] | Hi. | 你好 |
[09:33] | – You hungry? – Yeah. | -你饿了吗 -嗯 |
[09:37] | What say I order Chinese? | 我们点中餐外卖怎么样 |
[09:41] | – Sounds good to me. – Sure. | -我觉得不错 -好啊 |
[09:49] | So, your mother and I met with Mr. Jeffries today. | 你妈妈和我今天和杰弗里斯老师谈过了 |
[09:54] | He wants to move you into Algebra 2. | 他想让你跳到代数2 |
[09:58] | W– Yeah. We were pretty much bowled over. | 对 我们很震惊 |
[10:01] | We didn’t know you were so good at math. | 我们不知道你数学这么好 |
[10:04] | Yeah, I like it. | 我很喜欢数学 |
[10:06] | Probably why you’re so good at it. | 难怪你数学这么好 |
[10:09] | Anyway, we were very pleasantly surprised. | 不管怎样 我们都觉得很惊喜 很高兴 |
[10:13] | You already said that. | 你已经说过了 |
[10:16] | No, I know. I-I — I just mean… | 不 我知道 我是想说 |
[10:18] | It’s not like I’ve seen you doing a lot of studying. | 我觉得你都没怎么学 |
[10:23] | I me– | 我 |
[10:25] | I’m — I’m not saying — | 我不是说 |
[10:26] | I know what you’re not saying, Dad. | 我知道你不是要说什么 爸 |
[10:29] | Paige is the smart one, | 佩姬才是聪明的那个 |
[10:31] | she always works her ass off, and she does everything right. | 她很拼命 她做的都是对的 |
[10:33] | No. Henry — | 不 亨利 |
[10:34] | It’s okay. I get it. | 没事的 我懂 |
[10:41] | And you had no idea he was messing around? | 你不知道他鬼混 |
[10:43] | No. | 不 |
[10:45] | I think it’s easy not to see it. | 不去看比较容易 |
[10:51] | You think she knew? | 你觉得她知道了 |
[10:54] | I don’t know. Yeah, probably. | 我不知道 可能吧 |
[10:59] | You know, that was the only time I ever… | 那是我唯一一次 |
[11:06] | Yeah, she probably knew for a while. | 她可能知道 |
[11:10] | I just kept lying to myself. | 我一直都骗自己 |
[11:14] | Well, I’ve been there. | 我理解 |
[11:16] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[11:20] | Oh, you’re so tight. | 你很紧张 |
[11:24] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[11:27] | Oh, j-just stuff from work I can’t really talk about. | 工作上的事 我不能说 |
[11:32] | Can’t you just be — I don’t know — vague? | 你就不能含糊地说一说吗 |
[11:40] | I… | 我 |
[11:42] | I guess I was a little aggressive | 我觉得我在某件事上 |
[11:44] | about this thing with my boss. | 对我老板有点太冲了 |
[11:47] | I may have said a little too much. | 我可能说得有点多 |
[11:56] | It’ll work out. | 会处理好的 |
[11:58] | Yeah, it will. | 是啊 |
[12:09] | The house is dark and the Jeep is still there. | 屋子里没开灯 吉普车还停在那 |
[12:15] | They’ve been seeing a lot of each other. | 他们最近经常约会 |
[12:25] | We’ve been giving the Centre | 我们给了中心 |
[12:26] | a lot of detailed reports about Stan. | 很多关于斯坦的详细报告 |
[12:29] | They know he’s recently divorced. | 他们知道他刚离婚 |
[12:30] | They know he’s vulnerable. | 他很脆弱 |
[12:35] | They know he’s a loner that would go for her type. | 他孤独一人 会追求她这个类型的人 |
[12:39] | You think we sent her? | 你觉得她是我们的人 |
[12:42] | I’m just saying… | 我只是说说 |
[12:45] | That’s crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[12:47] | You think so? | 谁说不是呢 |
[15:34] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:36] | Uh, this is Stacey McAllister. | 我是斯泰西·麦卡利斯特 |
[15:42] | I need to see Doctor Walters. | 我要见沃特斯博士 |
[15:46] | Repeat that? | 你再说一遍 |
[15:48] | This is… | 我是 |
[15:50] | Stacey McAllister. | 斯泰西·麦卡利斯特 |
[15:53] | I need to see Doctor Walters. | 我要见沃特斯博士 |
[16:03] | Hello? | 喂 |
[16:05] | Call back tomorrow — 4:00 p.m. | 明天下午四点再打过来 |
[16:16] | 托皮卡 堪萨斯州 | |
[16:23] | Smells good. | 闻着真香 |
[16:25] | Reserve judgment till after. | 尝了再评价吧 |
[16:28] | What are we having? | 我们要吃什么 |
[16:30] | Fatta. | 法塔 |
[16:31] | It’s a — It’s a kind of meat soup. | 一种肉汤 |
[16:33] | Oh, that fatta. | 法塔啊 |
[16:36] | It’s Egyptian. | 埃及菜 |
[16:38] | I, uh — I lived there for a while. | 我在那边生活过一段时间 |
[16:41] | Oh. Peace Corps. | 和平队 |
[16:43] | It’s some — It’s kind of fancy peasant food. | 一种高级农民食物 |
[16:46] | Anything weird in it? | 里面有奇怪的东西吗 |
[16:49] | Are goat eyeballs weird? | 山羊眼球算奇怪吗 |
[16:54] | No, it’s just — uh, it’s garlic, white vinegar, rice. | 没有 只有大蒜 白醋和米 |
[16:57] | It’s served on special occasions — | 只有特殊场合才会供应这道菜 |
[17:01] | weddings, baby showers. | 婚礼 婴儿洗礼 |
[17:02] | It’s the main meal at the Eid al-Adha after fasting. | 这是在古尔邦节封斋后的主食 |
[17:06] | What do you think of the wine? | 酒怎么样 |
[17:07] | It’s good. It’s nice. | 不错 挺好的 |
[17:11] | “Omar Khayyam.” | 莪默·伽亚谟 |
[17:13] | Is that Egyptian? | 这是埃及文吗 |
[17:15] | I didn’t know they made wine. | 我还不知道他们产酒呢 |
[17:16] | Well, not a lot anymore. The climate’s too hot. | 现在不多了 气候太炎热 |
[17:19] | Mm. There are still a few vineyards | 但还是有几家酒庄 |
[17:20] | along the Nile Delta near Alexandria. | 在尼罗河三角洲的亚历山大港附近 |
[17:23] | See, back in the day when the Pharaohs ran the place, | 古埃及法老统治时期 |
[17:27] | the fancy people drank wine. | 上流贵族都喝葡萄酒 |
[17:28] | What’d the regular people drink? | 那平民百姓喝什么 |
[17:29] | Beer. Much cheaper. | 啤酒 便宜的多 |
[17:31] | You know, traces of red wine were found | 法老王图坦卡蒙的陵墓 |
[17:33] | in King Tutankhamen’s tomb, if you can believe that. | 还发现了红酒的遗迹 你相信吗 |
[17:40] | I’m boring you? | 我让你感觉无聊了吗 |
[17:42] | No. | 不 |
[17:43] | You know a lot about a lot of things. | 你真的见多识广 |
[17:45] | I-I get interested, and I — I don’t know when to stop. | 我一开始感兴趣就停不下来了 |
[17:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[17:52] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[17:56] | Um…okay. | 我呢 |
[17:59] | I’ve never been to Egypt. | 我没去过埃及 |
[18:01] | I don’t know anything about wine. | 我不懂葡萄酒 |
[18:06] | But I know what I like. | 但我知道我喜欢什么 |
[18:10] | Ready? Hut, hut, hike! | 准备好了吗 上 接球 |
[18:15] | Yeah! | 好棒 |
[18:18] | Crowd goes wild. Do you know what a button hook is? | 观众陷入疯狂 你知道回身路线吗 |
[18:19] | – Yeah. – All right. | -知道 -好 |
[18:21] | Ready? Hut, hut! Hike! | 准备 上 接球 |
[18:30] | That’s one of them. | 那是他们的人之一 |
[18:34] | Same again. | 又是他 |
[18:35] | Hut, hut, hike! | 上 接球 |
[18:37] | Button hook! | 回身路线 |
[19:40] | Pretty cool that Henry got moved | 亨利被调到数学尖子班 |
[19:41] | into an advanced math class. | 挺不错的 |
[19:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:46] | Turns out he’s the brains in the family. | 原来他才是家里最聪明的 |
[19:49] | And I thought studying was the key to success. | 我还以为用功学习才是成功的关键 |
[19:52] | You and me both. | 我也是 |
[20:04] | You know, | 其实 |
[20:07] | I had a crush on Matthew when I first met him. | 我第一次见到马修时就喜欢上他了 |
[20:12] | He had a lot of hair and played guitar. | 他留长发 又会玩吉他 |
[20:18] | And now, he likes me back. | 如今他也喜欢我 |
[20:25] | I think I was sort of hoping | 我想我是在希望 |
[20:27] | that with all of the garbage | 尽管我的生活中 |
[20:32] | in my life that — | 有那么多破事 |
[20:33] | that he would make me feel better. | 他能让我开心一点 |
[20:41] | Being with him only makes me feel worse, though. | 但和他在一起只让我感觉更糟 |
[20:47] | I don’t know if it’s because… | 不知道是因为 |
[20:50] | …Matthew’s not right for me or… | 马修不适合我 还是… |
[21:01] | What? | 什么 |
[21:04] | If I’m just — I’m — | 还是我… |
[21:06] | I’m already so screwed up that… | 我的生活已经一团糟 |
[21:12] | maybe I’m just — I’m meant to be alone. | 或许我注定要孤单一人 |
[21:50] | He used Irina’s code? | 他用了伊丽娜的密码 |
[21:51] | For an emergency meeting with Philip. | 想要和菲利普紧急会面 |
[21:55] | I’ve been tracking every signal Philip gets | 自从米沙失踪后 我一直在追踪 |
[21:58] | since Mischa disappeared. | 菲利普所接收的信号 |
[22:02] | So, he wants to see his father. | 他想见他的父亲 |
[22:06] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:10] | How did he get here? | 他怎么来的 |
[22:12] | I’m sure it wasn’t a walk in the park. | 肯定不容易 |
[22:17] | He’s unstable. | 他是不稳定因素 |
[22:21] | Are we talking about Mischa or Philip? | 我们是在讨论米沙还是菲利普 |
[22:23] | The boy. | 米沙 |
[22:26] | He’s already been in trouble for speaking out against the war. | 他因为公开宣称反对战争已经惹麻烦了 |
[22:29] | It’s a complicated war, Claudia. | 这是一场复杂的战争 克劳迪娅 |
[22:31] | He fought in it. He’s not mentally ill. | 他也曾为之战斗 他不是精神病 |
[22:35] | His mother defected, he got himself arrested, | 他妈妈叛逃 他被捕 |
[22:38] | and now he’s come here to see a father he’s never met. | 现在他来看望他从未见过的父亲 |
[22:41] | I doubt he’s stable. | 我怀疑他的稳定性 |
[22:43] | He’s his son. | 他俩可是父子啊 |
[22:45] | Who he’s never seen. | 可却从未见过面 |
[22:51] | He’s too risky. | 风险太大了 |
[22:53] | You don’t trust Philip. | 你不相信菲利普 |
[22:57] | It’s not about me. | 不是我 |
[23:00] | He already has | 他的档案里 |
[23:02] | entries in his file that don’t look good. | 已经有不好的记录了 |
[23:05] | How do you think the people at the Centre are going to feel | 你觉得等中心的人听说菲利普要见 |
[23:07] | about a meeting between Philip and his wayward son? | 他那任性的儿子的时候 他们会怎么想 |
[23:10] | Shouldn’t that be Philip’s decision to make? | 这不应该由菲利普来决定吗 |
[23:15] | And when he tells Philip | 还有当他告诉菲利普 |
[23:17] | he was put in a psychiatric institution | 他曾因认为阿富汗战争是个笑话 |
[23:21] | because he thinks the war in Afghanistan is a joke. | 而被关进精神病院 |
[23:25] | What happens then? | 又会发生什么 |
[23:32] | You care about him. | 你在乎他 |
[23:34] | We both do. | 我也在乎他 |
[23:38] | But he’s… | 但是他 |
[23:43] | shaky. | 不坚定 |
[26:38] | Elizabeth on line three. | 伊丽莎白在三号线 |
[26:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:46] | Is everything okay? | 都还好吗 |
[26:47] | Yeah. Yeah. | 还好 |
[26:48] | Is…everything okay with you? | 你那边…都还好吗 |
[26:53] | Y– Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:01] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[27:05] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[27:15] | I’ve been, um — been having these memories of my childhood. | 我最近一直想起一些小时候的事 |
[27:23] | Of — Of what? | 什么事 |
[27:27] | My father bringing home food and clothing. | 我父亲把食物和衣服带回家 |
[27:36] | S-So good things? | 那么 算好事 |
[27:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:43] | Yeah, I guess. | 可能吧 |
[27:46] | Did he bring home other things? | 他还带了其他什么东西吗 |
[27:52] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[27:59] | Yes? | 你好 |
[28:00] | This — is Stacey McAllister. | 我是斯泰西·麦卡利斯特 |
[28:06] | There is an appointment available tomorrow — | 明天早上十一点 |
[28:08] | 11 A.M., Bess Truman Park. | 贝丝·杜鲁门公园见 |
[28:11] | Uh, say again? | 能重复一遍吗 |
[28:13] | 11 A.M., Bess Truman Park. | 早上十一点 贝丝·杜鲁门公园 |
[28:20] | All right? | 好了吗 |
[28:22] | Y-Yes. | 是的 |
[28:40] | To old scars and new skin. | 敬新朋和旧友 |
[28:51] | How long were you in for? | 你结婚多久 |
[28:53] | 12 years. You? | 十二年 你呢 |
[28:56] | Seven. | 七年 |
[28:58] | Collateral damage? | 家人 |
[28:59] | Just me. | 就我一个 |
[29:00] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[29:02] | Stan’s better with the youngsters. | 斯坦更会带孩子 |
[29:05] | Well, Matthew’s been raised right. | 马修被教育的很好 |
[29:08] | Um, excuse me. | 你好 |
[29:10] | Can we have the check, please? | 请给我们账单好吗 |
[29:12] | Um, wait — o-one for the road? | 等等 再喝一杯再走 |
[29:13] | Not for me — early aerobics class tomorrow. | 我不行 明早还有健身课 |
[29:16] | Right. | 好吧 |
[29:18] | I forgot. | 我忘了 |
[29:20] | Um, I’ll — I’ll be right back. Okay. | 我马上回来 |
[29:29] | Work’s been… | 最近工作有点… |
[29:30] | He mentioned it. Vaguely. | 他隐约有提到过 |
[29:36] | He’s a good guy. | 他是个好人 |
[29:38] | He puts his whole heart into everything. | 全身心投入所有的事 |
[29:41] | Just can’t win them all. | 只是并不能事事如意 |
[29:44] | So, I shouldn’t run for it? | 所以我应该放弃他 |
[29:47] | Nah. | 不 |
[29:48] | Didn’t think so. | 我也不这么认为 |
[29:50] | As long as he doesn’t root against the Kings, | 只要他不反对皇室 |
[29:52] | he’s in the clear. | 就没问题 |
[29:58] | All right. Okay, see you tomorrow. | 行 就这样 明天见 |
[30:00] | – Thank you. Good night, guys. – All right. | -谢了 晚安 -晚安 |
[30:56] | You want to get something to eat? | 你想吃点什么吗 |
[30:59] | No, thanks. | 不用 谢了 |
[31:02] | You want to go to the mall or something? | 你想去逛街之类的吗 |
[31:05] | Not really. | 不太想 |
[31:11] | Are you tired of me? | 你觉得我很烦吗 |
[31:15] | What? | 什么 |
[31:18] | We haven’t been alone in almost two weeks. | 我们两个星期都没怎么见过面了 |
[31:22] | We’ve both been busy. | 我们都挺忙的 |
[31:25] | We live across the street from each other, Paige. | 我们彼此就住在马路对面 佩姬 |
[31:27] | Where is this coming from? | 为什么突然说这个 |
[31:31] | D-Do you want to break up with me? | 你想和我分手吗 |
[31:40] | I– | 我 |
[31:44] | I’m scared. | 我很害怕 |
[31:47] | Of what? | 怕什么 |
[32:05] | I like you. A lot. | 我喜欢你 很喜欢 |
[32:09] | But… | 但 |
[32:12] | I’ve never had a boyfriend before. | 我之前从没谈过恋爱 |
[32:15] | I don’t know how to do that. | 我不知道怎么经营 |
[32:18] | Yes, you do. | 不 你知道的 |
[32:56] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[33:03] | I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone | 我还从没见过有人 |
[33:06] | make a s’more inside before. | 在火堆里做斯莫尔 |
[33:09] | But that’s the whole reason to have a fire place. | 不然要壁炉干什么 |
[33:14] | Oh, yeah. Voilà. | 给你 |
[33:32] | So, Peace Corps, Egypt, cooking exotic foods, | 你参加过和平队 去过埃及还会做各国食物 |
[33:38] | science, sex… | 科学 性 |
[33:40] | Well, life’s short. | 及时行乐 |
[33:43] | What is it that you do, exactly? | 你到底是做什么的 |
[33:48] | Well, right now, I’m working on saving the world. | 目前呢 我正致力于拯救世界 |
[33:52] | Good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[33:56] | You know, when I, uh — when I was in the Peace Corps, | 那个 当我 当我还在和平队的时候 |
[33:58] | I traveled around and saw children dying | 我四处游历 看到孩子们 |
[34:02] | because they didn’t have enough to eat | 因为食物不够而死去 |
[34:05] | because half their crops were lost | 因为收获时节之前 |
[34:07] | before they could be harvested. | 他们一半的庄稼都没了 |
[34:09] | But if there was a grain | 但如果能有一种谷物 |
[34:11] | that could resist pests, drought, fungi, | 能够抵御害虫 干旱 真菌 |
[34:16] | the poorest people in the world could feed themselves, | 那么哪怕是世界上最穷的人也能吃饱了 |
[34:20] | even in third-world countries | 哪怕是第三世界国家 |
[34:22] | or under the worst dictatorships. | 或者最糟糕的专制国家的人 |
[34:23] | You see, famines cause wars. | 饥荒会带来战争 |
[34:28] | You know, a single pest can cause mass starvation. | 一个小小的害虫就能导致大规模的饥荒 |
[34:35] | You’re a real idealist. | 你真是个理想主义者 |
[34:37] | No, I’m — I’m a realist. | 不 我是 我是个现实主义者 |
[34:39] | We — We need to develop crops | 我们 我们需要种植出 |
[34:40] | that can withstand almost anything. | 能够抵御一切的作物 |
[34:44] | How are you gonna do that? | 那你要怎么做 |
[34:47] | Well, we, uh — we take the strongest wheat plants | 我们 我们用世界上最好的 |
[34:51] | from around the world, we cross-breed them, | 小麦植株做品种杂交 |
[34:54] | then we get the most destructive pests we can find, | 再用能找到的破坏力最强的害虫 |
[34:56] | test the new plants, and breed again. | 检测新型杂交种 再继续杂交 |
[34:59] | And we’re — we’re making a lot of progress, | 进行的非常顺利 |
[35:01] | and we’re close to developing | 很快就能培育出 |
[35:03] | the strongest strain of wheat the world’s ever known. | 世界上最优良的麦种 |
[35:09] | And you… | 那你… |
[35:12] | When you have it… | 等你培育出来… |
[35:16] | Well, I mean, I-I work for a company, and they sell it. | 我为一个公司工作 由公司来销售 |
[35:19] | But it would make food supplies cheap | 但这将拉低食品成本价 |
[35:21] | and reliable around the world everywhere — in Africa, Asia, | 并能供应给全世界 非洲 亚洲 |
[35:25] | places where people suffer through cycles of famine. | 那些还遭受着饥荒的地方 |
[35:30] | I mean, it might never happen again. | 也许永远不会再有饥荒 |
[35:43] | Old patterns, between parents and children | 过去的模式 父母和子女间 |
[35:48] | create barriers that keep us from seeing what’s really there. | 有一道蒙蔽了我们双眼的屏障 |
[35:54] | And what is really there? | 蒙蔽了什么呢 |
[35:57] | Love. | 爱 |
[35:59] | It’s all around us. | 爱无处不在 |
[36:02] | But because we can’t see it, can’t experience it, | 但因为我们看不到摸不着 |
[36:05] | it seems like it must be very far away. | 显得爱离我们很远 |
[36:09] | You can’t experience the love your parents have for you | 你摸不到你的父母对你的爱 |
[36:13] | or you for your children, when old habits | 或者你对你的子女的爱 因为旧有观念 |
[36:16] | and belief systems — all the things | 和信仰体系 以及一切 |
[36:18] | your mind is telling you about who they are, | 围绕着他们是什么 你又是谁 |
[36:22] | who you are — stand in the way. | 这些问题的东西在阻碍你 |
[37:27] | I am not who you were expecting, I know. | 你在等的不是我 我知道 |
[37:33] | No Russian. Not here. | 不要在这里说俄语 |
[37:37] | Do you speak English? | 你会说英语吗 |
[37:41] | Little. | 一点点 |
[37:44] | I will take you someplace where we can talk. | 我带你去个好说话的地方 |
[37:50] | You understand? | 你明白吗 |
[37:56] | I want see father. | 我要见我父亲 |
[37:58] | Yes. | 好 |
[38:00] | You come with me. | 跟我走 |
[38:02] | – I will explain everything. – No. | -我会把一切都跟你解释清楚 -不 |
[38:14] | It’s impossible. | 不可能 |
[38:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:22] | It would put him in terrible danger. | 这会让他陷入危险 |
[38:27] | It is not safe for him. | 这对他来说不安全 |
[38:36] | But I come for him. | 但我是来找他的 |
[38:42] | You understand? | 你明白吗 |
[38:43] | I do. | 我明白 |
[38:48] | It must be very hard, | 这肯定不容易 |
[38:53] | but if you love him, you must forget this. | 但如果你爱他 就必须忘记这事 |
[38:59] | You cannot see him. | 你不能见他 |
[39:05] | – Forget father? – No. | -忘记我父亲吗 -不是 |
[39:10] | Not here. | 不是心里忘记他 |
[39:14] | I will get you home. | 我送你回家 |
[39:16] | You will be safe. | 你会安全的 |
[39:19] | But you cannot see your father here. | 但你不能见你父亲 |
[39:25] | Maybe someday, but not here. | 也许将来哪天可以 但现在不行 |
[39:56] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[40:34] | Where are they? | 他们人呢 |
[40:37] | Paige is at a church thing. | 佩姬去参加教堂活动了 |
[40:39] | – At the food pantry? – No. | -在食品救济站 -不是 |
[40:41] | Um, Henry’s studying at Chris’ house. | 亨利在克里斯家学习 |
[40:44] | Oh, a boy Chris or a girl Chris? | 克里斯是男孩还是女孩 |
[40:46] | You got me. | 你把我问住了 |
[41:03] | We got it wrong. | 我们搞错了 |
[41:06] | Stobert isn’t looking to poison us or our food. | 斯托伯特不是要毒害我们 或在食物里下毒 |
[41:11] | He wants to save people. | 他是想拯救人类 |
[41:15] | From what? | 从哪里救出来 |
[41:17] | Pests, drought, whatever. | 害虫 干旱 诸如此类 |
[41:21] | He wants to develop a wheat that can grow anywhere. | 他想研发出一种能在所有环境下生长的小麦 |
[41:24] | He wants to feed the world. | 他想养活全世界的人 |
[41:28] | So, the bugs in the lab | 所以实验室里的虫子 |
[41:32] | were there to test the crops for resistance, | 是为了测试农作物的抗性 |
[41:35] | to make sure they could survive anything. | 确保它们在任何条件下都能存活 |
[41:41] | He told you? | 他告诉你的吗 |
[41:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:44] | You believe him? | 你相信他吗 |
[41:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:48] | He wants to end hunger. | 他想要消除饥饿 |
[42:00] | So, the guy in the lab, the one we… | 所以实验室里那个人 那个我们… |
[42:02] | We didn’t know. | 我们之前不了解情况 |
[42:21] | I told Tuan, um… | 我告诉徒安… |
[42:27] | Yeah, I got to get there. | 我得去那一趟 |
[43:51] | Pasha says his mother got the job. | 帕夏说他妈妈找到工作了 |
[43:54] | When does she start? | 她什么时候开始工作 |
[43:55] | Next week. | 下周 |
[43:57] | Will you guys be here this weekend? | 你们这周末能来吗 |
[44:00] | No. | 不能 |
[44:03] | Pasha will come by. | 帕夏会过来 |
[44:05] | It would be good for at least one of you to be here. | 哪怕你们中来一个人也好 |
[44:09] | Sorry, we can’t. | 抱歉 我们不能来 |
[44:14] | You do very well by yourself. | 你一个人做的非常好 |
[44:18] | I know, but it looks better. | 是的 但是你们在的话看起来更好 |
[44:33] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[44:36] | Yeah. I’m — Yeah, I’m fine. | 是的 我还好 |
[44:39] | I mean, I’ve been better. | 我已经好多了 |
[44:41] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[44:48] | Everybody’s here. | 都来了 |
[44:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[45:01] | I’m gonna head upstairs. | 我上楼了 |
[45:39] | That guy in the lab… | 实验室里那个人… |
[45:43] | That can’t happen ever again. | 再也不能发生这种事了 |
[45:50] | We’ll be more careful. | 我们会更加小心的 |
[45:55] | More careful? | 更加小心 |
[46:05] | This has been hard for me for a long time. | 这件事情让我为难了很长时间 |
[46:13] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吗 |
[46:18] | I do. | 我知道 |
[46:26] | Look… when we know this kind of thing is coming up… | 听着 当我们知道发生这种事… |
[46:35] | maybe it can just be me. | 也许我知道就可以了 |
[46:36] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[46:39] | It’s us, Elizabeth. | 是我们 伊丽莎白 |
[46:45] | It’s us. | 是我们 |