时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | We need to talk in private — soon. | 我们需要私下谈谈 不久之后 |
[00:29] | She’s working for us. | 她为我们效力 |
[00:31] | You remember three years ago, | 你还记得三年前有一名 |
[00:33] | when that KGB officer was killed? | 克格勃特工被杀的事吗 |
[00:35] | I shot him. | 是我枪杀了他 |
[00:37] | If the CIA uses the tape I made to blackmail Burov, | 如果中情局利用我录的录音勒索布罗夫 |
[00:41] | I will go public. | 我会站出来 |
[00:43] | So, I have interview tomorrow. | 所以 我明天有一场面试 |
[00:45] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[00:46] | If she gets a job teaching Russian at the CIA… | 如果她能在中情局教俄语… |
[00:50] | There’s a chance we could get | 那我们就有机会 |
[00:51] | every officer they’re training for Moscow. | 拿到所有负责莫斯科工作的特工名单了 |
[00:58] | His mother defected, he got himself arrested, | 他妈妈叛逃 他被捕 |
[01:01] | and now he’s come here to see a father he’s never met. | 现在他来看望他从未见过的父亲 |
[01:04] | You don’t trust Philip. | 你不相信菲利普 |
[01:05] | He already has entries in his file | 他的档案里已经有 |
[01:08] | that don’t look good. | 不好的记录了 |
[01:10] | He’s his son. | 他俩可是父子啊 |
[01:13] | I want see Father. | 我要见我父亲 |
[01:14] | It would put him in terrible danger. | 这会让他陷入危险 |
[01:20] | You cannot see him. | 你不能见他 |
[01:30] | But then, what was Morozov doing at that greenhouse? | 那么莫罗佐夫在那个温室里干什么 |
[01:32] | They’re using strains of wheat from all over the world, | 他们需要用到世界各地的麦种 |
[01:35] | and no one knows more about Soviet wheat than Morozov. | 而最了解苏联小麦的就是莫罗佐夫了 |
[01:39] | And Stobert just wants to end world hunger — | 斯托伯特想要消除全世界的饥荒 |
[01:43] | like Miss America. | 就像美国小姐一样 |
[01:45] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[01:48] | So, the laboratory worker — how’s Philip taking it? | 那个实验员 菲利普消化的怎么样 |
[01:53] | He’ll be fine. | 他不会有事的 |
[01:54] | How’s he taking it, Elizabeth? | 他消化的怎么样 丽莎白 |
[01:57] | The same as me — it’s upsetting. | 和我一样 很揪心 |
[01:59] | For me, too. | 我也是 |
[02:04] | Well, if they’ve come up with some kind of super wheat, | 如果他们真的研究出了超级小麦 |
[02:08] | think what getting our hands on it could mean to us. | 想想看如果我们能弄到手那意味着什么 |
[02:10] | No more shortages. | 再也不会有食物短缺了 |
[02:12] | No more buying grain from the West. | 再也不用从西方世界买谷物了 |
[02:15] | We could make it right. | 我们可以好好利用它 |
[02:17] | In that greenhouse, everything was dying | 在温室里 绝大多数小麦都死了 |
[02:19] | except right in the middle. | 只有中间一株还活着 |
[02:21] | There was this strong, healthy wheat. | 非常强壮 健康的小麦 |
[02:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[02:25] | That’s good. We’ll start there. | 很好 就从那开始 |
[02:27] | Why don’t we get photographs of the greenhouse? | 我们需要弄点温室的照片 |
[02:30] | Make sure nothing has changed. | 确保一切照旧 |
[02:32] | I’ll get it taken care of. | 我来想办法 |
[02:34] | You two stay with Stobert and Kemp. | 你们盯好斯托伯特和坎普 |
[02:45] | I’m sorry you’re spread so thin. | 很抱歉有这么多事要做 |
[02:48] | It’s… | 这是 |
[02:52] | …it’s part of the job, I know. | 这是工作的一部分 我知道 |
[02:56] | But now… | 但是 |
[03:04] | Is something wrong with me? | 是不是我出了什么问题 |
[03:09] | It’s a long career. | 这份事业很长久 |
[03:13] | And there is nothing wrong with you — ever. | 你没出任何问题 什么问题都没有 |
[03:23] | Here. | 给你 |
[03:25] | This one will be easy. | 这个活很简单 |
[03:29] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[03:32] | Oh, yes. | 当然 |
[03:34] | I’m just tired. | 我只是累了 |
[03:37] | And old. | 而且老了 |
[04:14] | How’s the harder math going? | 高级数学学得怎么样 |
[04:16] | Easy. | 挺简单的 |
[04:18] | You’ll be running the travel agency soon. | 你很快就可以掌管旅行社了 |
[04:19] | We’ll be working for you. | 到时候我们都得听你指挥 |
[04:20] | I’m not really interested in the travel-agency business, Dad. | 我对旅行社的业务不感兴趣 爸爸 |
[04:24] | He’s not interested in the travel business. | 他对旅行社的业务不感兴趣 |
[04:27] | I guess he has bigger plans. | 我想他有更远大的计划 |
[04:28] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[04:29] | I don’t know. Who knows? | 我不知道 谁知道呢 |
[04:33] | Nothing wrong with running your own business. | 继承家业也没什么不好 |
[04:42] | Gabriel asked me how you took the news | 加布里尔问我 你对实验员的事 |
[04:45] | about the guy in the lab. | 消化的如何 |
[04:48] | What’d you tell him? | 你怎么跟他说的 |
[04:49] | I said you’re fine. | 我说你挺好的 |
[04:52] | Are you fine? | 你好吗 |
[04:57] | Are you? | 你呢 |
[05:01] | I think about it. | 我也会想这件事 |
[05:05] | They know you. | 他们了解你 |
[05:07] | They’re gonna need to know — | 他们要知道… |
[05:08] | I’ll do my job. I’ve always done it. | 我会做我的工作 一如往常 |
[05:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:17] | We can still do some good with this. | 我们仍然可以利用这件事的 |
[05:24] | He gave me something else for when I get back from Topeka. | 他给了我其他任务 等我从托皮卡回来做 |
[05:28] | Should be short. | 应该不用花太久 |
[05:29] | Some files from a psychiatrist. | 是从一个精神病专家那里取点文件 |
[06:14] | My father | 我父亲 |
[06:18] | used to bring home all this stuff. | 过去总会带东西回家 |
[06:22] | We didn’t have anything. | 我们那时什么都没有 |
[06:26] | And now we have everything. | 而现在我们什么都有 |
[06:29] | It’s so strange sometimes. | 有时候感觉很奇怪 |
[06:36] | I know. | 我明白 |
[07:03] | Sorry to bother you, Ms. Kovalenko. | 抱歉打扰你了 科瓦连科女士 |
[07:06] | We’re with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. | 我们是联邦调查局的 |
[07:11] | Which one’s yours? | 哪个是你的孩子 |
[07:15] | In the blue jacket. | 穿蓝色外套那个 |
[07:19] | That’s a cute kid. | 很可爱的孩子 |
[07:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:25] | Might be a lot of opportunities for him in America one day. | 以后他在美国会有很多机会的 |
[07:28] | It’s something we can talk about, if you’re interested. | 关于这点我们可以谈谈 如果你感兴趣的话 |
[07:32] | Talking to you is not safe. | 跟你们谈话并不安全 |
[07:35] | You’re not being watched. | 你没有被监视 |
[07:38] | You know it for sure? | 你确定吗 |
[07:40] | How? | 怎么确定的 |
[07:41] | We checked. | 我们查过了 |
[07:45] | But you’re right. | 但你说的对 |
[07:47] | There are risks. | 是有风险 |
[07:49] | There are real, long-term things we can offer you. | 但我们可以为你提供实实在在的长期帮助 |
[07:54] | And your son, too. | 还有你的儿子 |
[08:02] | It’s very difficult. | 这对我很不容易 |
[08:05] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[08:14] | Why don’t you think about it? | 你为什么不考虑一下呢 |
[08:23] | This is a private line. | 这是一条专线 |
[08:26] | You can call anytime. | 你随时可以打来 |
[08:43] | 托皮卡 堪萨斯 | |
[08:46] | You’re softer today. | 你今天很柔软 |
[08:49] | What am I normally — crusty? | 那我平常怎样 很僵硬 |
[08:54] | No, I just… | 不 我只是 |
[08:57] | I felt something different. | 感觉有东西不一样了 |
[09:00] | We’re getting to know each other. | 我们在逐渐熟悉 |
[09:02] | I wouldn’t go that far. | 也没那么熟悉 |
[09:07] | I feel like there’s a whole other you | 我觉得还有另一个你 |
[09:10] | I don’t know at all. | 我完全不认识的你 |
[09:13] | I’m in fashion. I’m not that deep. | 我做时尚的 没有那么深刻 |
[09:17] | I don’t buy that for a minute. | 我一点都不信 |
[09:18] | No, really, I’m, like, barely thinking about anything right now. | 不 真的 我现在就什么都没想 |
[09:21] | Really? I am. | 真的吗 但我在想 |
[09:24] | Really? | 真的 |
[09:25] | Because even though you’re in bed with a naked woman, | 因为哪怕你和女人赤身裸体地躺在床上 |
[09:28] | I bet you there is some part of your brain | 我敢打赌你脑袋里肯定有个地方 |
[09:31] | that’s just thinking about your super wheat, or whatever it is. | 在想着你的超级小麦之类的 |
[09:41] | – Stick out your tongue. – What? | -舌头伸出来 -什么 |
[09:46] | Come on. | 快点 |
[09:52] | Ah, just what I thought. Just what I thought. | 跟我想的一样 跟我想的一样 |
[09:54] | Red tip. | 舌尖发红 |
[09:55] | Indicates heart heat. | 说明心火旺 |
[09:58] | You can put that thing away now. | 现在可以把舌头缩回去了 |
[10:00] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:01] | It’s Chinese medicine. It’s thousands of years old. | 中医 有几千年历史 |
[10:05] | I learned about it in Nepal. | 我在尼泊尔学到的 |
[10:06] | Red tongue tip means emotional turmoil — | 舌尖发红说明情绪焦虑不安 |
[10:10] | heart heat. | 心火 |
[10:11] | Blocks the, uh… blocks the chi. | 阻碍了气 |
[10:15] | What do you do to relax? | 你一般都做什么放松 |
[10:18] | Uh…not much, as you can tell. | 不太多 你也能看出来 |
[10:24] | Okay. | 好了 |
[10:42] | It’s Tai Chi. | 这是太极 |
[10:46] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[10:49] | Then I would have to get out of bed. | 那我得下床 |
[11:13] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:15] | Here. | 来 |
[11:17] | Follow my movements. | 跟我学 |
[11:46] | You’re doing great. | 你做得很棒 |
[12:01] | He’s home. | 他回家了 |
[12:03] | They met him at the airport. | 他们在机场接到他了 |
[12:06] | And…? | 然后呢 |
[12:08] | They’re going to give him his old job back. | 他们要让他重操旧业 |
[12:12] | He’ll be fine. | 他会没事的 |
[12:15] | The look on his face when he left. | 他走的时候脸上的表情 |
[12:19] | Philip gets that look sometimes, when he’s troubled. | 菲利普烦躁的时候就是那副表情 |
[12:24] | Is Philip troubled now? | 菲利普现在很烦躁吗 |
[12:27] | Well, I don’t think he’s particularly happy. | 我觉得他不太高兴 |
[12:32] | Has he ever been? | 他高兴过吗 |
[12:40] | I’ve never lied to them before. | 我从未对他们撒过谎 |
[12:47] | He’s lied to you. | 他对你撒了谎 |
[12:52] | You did the right thing. | 你做得对 |
[16:44] | So, there are guards inside, and we don’t know | 内部有保安 我们不知道 |
[16:46] | what kind of countersurveillance | 中情局在大楼里 |
[16:47] | the CIA might have on the building. | 装了什么反监视设备 |
[16:49] | So, we go again Friday this week, | 那我们这周五再去一次 |
[16:50] | Monday, Wednesday, Friday next. | 周一 周三 下次是周五 |
[16:51] | – No Thursdays, right? – Right. | -没有周四 对吗 -是的 |
[16:53] | She doesn’t work Thursdays or weekends. | 她周四和周末都不工作 |
[16:55] | The important times for us | 对我们来说重要的时间是 |
[16:56] | are when she goes to work and when she leaves. | 她上班和下班的时候 |
[16:58] | Anytime you get a picture of her with someone, | 你在任何时候拍到她和别人在一起 |
[17:00] | we might be getting one of her students. | 都可能是她的学生之一 |
[17:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:02] | If you pass by and miss the shot, don’t circle back. | 如果经过却没拍到 别绕回去 |
[17:05] | And don’t shoot out of a back window. | 也别从后窗拍照 |
[17:06] | It is not worth the risk. Okay? | 不值得冒那个险 明白吗 |
[17:11] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[17:12] | Coming. | 来了 |
[17:20] | Mom, this is Nancy Norton. | 妈 这位是南希·诺顿 |
[17:22] | She’s a Mary Kay beauty consultant. | 她是玫琳凯美容顾问 |
[17:24] | I see where your daughter gets such beautiful skin. | 我知道你女儿是从哪儿遗传的好皮肤了 |
[17:26] | Look at her, Mom. She’s 62. | 妈你看看她 她都62了 |
[17:29] | Mary Kay cosmetics and good genes | 玫琳凯化妆品和好的基因 |
[17:31] | are the key to my vibrant skin. | 是我保持活力肌肤的关键 |
[17:33] | I like to say Mary Kay can’t change your genes — | 我想说玫琳凯不能改变你的基因 |
[17:35] | not that you gals need any help in that department — | 当然你们两个也不需要这方面的帮助 |
[17:38] | but our rich, creamy foundation will seal in moisture | 但我们的粉霜能封锁住水分 |
[17:41] | and keep your skin silky, smooth, and sassy. | 让你的肌肤如丝般柔滑 充满活力 |
[17:45] | I’m sorry, but now is not such a good time. | 不好意思 你来的不是时候 |
[17:46] | Well, here’s a sample of a skin-care product | 这是一款护肤产品的样品 |
[17:49] | I’ve been using for almost 15 years. | 我都用了十五年了 |
[17:52] | “Day Radiance.” | “日间粉底” |
[17:53] | If you take care of your skin, dear, | 如果你照顾好你的肌肤 亲爱的 |
[17:54] | your skin will take care of you. | 你的肌肤也会照顾好你 |
[17:56] | – Thank you, but like I said — – I understand. | -谢谢 但如我所说 -我明白 |
[17:58] | I could come back another time | 我可以改天再来 |
[18:00] | and host an in-home beauty demonstration | 给你和你朋友 |
[18:02] | for you and some of your friends. | 做一次家中美容演示 |
[18:03] | You get to keep a ton of samples, | 你可以保留很多样品 |
[18:05] | and the makeover is free. | 而且化妆是免费的 |
[18:06] | I’m sorry, but no. | 抱歉 不行 |
[18:08] | No problem. Of course. | 没事的 |
[18:09] | Call me if you change your mind. | 如果改变心意请给我电话 |
[18:17] | You want this? | 你想要这个吗 |
[18:19] | Oh, no, thanks. | 不 谢谢 |
[18:22] | Mom. | 妈 |
[18:25] | You weren’t that nice to her. | 你刚对她不太友好 |
[18:27] | Well, we weren’t gonna buy anything. | 我们又没打算买什么 |
[18:29] | Being nice would just be a waste of her time. | 客套一下只会浪费她的时间 |
[18:35] | Yeah, I-I guess so. | 大概吧 |
[19:08] | They’re passing by this Friday, | 他们这周五会来 |
[19:10] | and then they’ll skip the next one. | 然后下周五不来 |
[19:11] | They’ll do two Fridays out of every three. | 他们每三个周五来两次 |
[19:13] | All right. What else? | 好的 然后呢 |
[19:14] | We’ll see if Tuan can find out whether her hours vary, | 我们会看徒安能否弄清她的办公时间 |
[19:17] | whether she brings her own lunch or goes out. | 她午饭是自带还是出去吃 |
[19:21] | Well, that all sounds good. | 听起来挺不错的 |
[19:24] | I can’t tell you how thrilled the Centre is. | 我都无法向你描述中心有多激动 |
[19:26] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:28] | Anything on the greenhouse? | 温室方面有情况吗 |
[19:29] | Yes. We should have something within the week. | 有 这周我们应该会有收获 |
[19:39] | All right. | 行了 |
[19:43] | Hold on. | 等下 |
[19:48] | I have to talk to you. | 我需要和你们谈谈 |
[20:01] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[20:03] | What? | 什么 |
[20:06] | Did something happen? | 出什么事了吗 |
[20:07] | No. | 没有 |
[20:09] | It’s just time. | 只是时机已到 |
[20:12] | Gabriel… | 加布里尔 |
[20:14] | if — if it’s me — | 如果 如果是因为我 |
[20:15] | I-I know I’ve been hard to deal with. | 我知道我这人不好相处 |
[20:17] | No, it’s not you. | 不 不是因为你 |
[20:19] | I’m just ready to go home. | 我只是准备要回家了 |
[20:24] | You don’t need me anymore. You have each other. | 你们不再需要我了 你们有彼此 |
[20:30] | But, Philip, as long as you’re here, | 但 菲利普 只要你还在这儿 |
[20:32] | the Centre is going to continue to be concerned about you. | 中心就会一直密切关注你 |
[20:36] | Once they start worrying about somebody, they never stop. | 一旦他们开始担心一个人 就不会罢休 |
[20:41] | And now, the lab. | 现在还出了实验室的事 |
[20:45] | And, to be honest, I’m worried. | 说实话 我很担心 |
[20:47] | You’ve seen too much. | 你看过的太多了 |
[20:50] | You’ve done too much. | 你做的太多了 |
[20:57] | I’ll miss you terribly. | 我会很想你的 |
[21:49] | Hey. Please sign in. | 你好 请登记 |
[23:33] | So, what brings you here, Ms. Sinclair? | 你为什么来这儿 辛克莱女士 |
[23:36] | Well, a friend of mine — Terry — | 我一个朋友 特里 |
[23:39] | had seen a psychiatrist a couple of years ago, | 几年前看过精神病专家 |
[23:43] | and she was having some…problems. | 她碰到了一些 问题 |
[23:48] | Issues, I-I guess is what you say. | 情况 你们大概会这么说 |
[23:53] | And she said it helped. | 她说这很有帮助 |
[24:00] | I’m…not really sure what I’m supposed to say. | 我 不是很清楚我该说什么 |
[24:06] | Whatever you feel like. | 你想说什么都行 |
[24:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:17] | Well, a few months ago, I…got mugged. | 几个月前 我 被抢劫了 |
[24:25] | I was in a parking lot at night, | 那天晚上我在停车场 |
[24:28] | and there were these two men. | 当时有两个男人 |
[24:31] | They were homeless, and… | 他们是流浪汉 而且 |
[24:35] | one had a knife. | 其中一个拿着刀 |
[24:37] | And…they took my purse, and… | 他们拿走了我的钱包 然后 |
[24:44] | I thought they were going to — | 我觉得他们是准备要 |
[24:48] | But then someone came along, and they ran away. | 但是有人来了 他们就跑了 |
[24:54] | That’s very frightening. | 这很惊险 |
[24:56] | Yes, I’m very lucky, and I know that. | 对 我很幸运 我知道 |
[25:02] | I-I have been taking these…karate classes. | 我一直在上空手道课 |
[25:09] | Do you think that’s stupid? | 你觉得那样傻吗 |
[25:10] | Not at all. | 当然不 |
[25:16] | I guess I just… want to feel… | 我觉得我只是想 |
[25:22] | like I did before. | 像以前一样 |
[25:24] | Like nothing happened. | 就像什么都没发生过 |
[25:28] | Something big happened. | 这是一件大事 |
[25:31] | You went through a trauma. | 你经受了创伤 |
[25:33] | Trauma? | 创伤 |
[25:35] | I don’t know. | 我不好说 |
[25:38] | A lot of people think that when something bad happens, | 许多人以为不幸发生后 |
[25:40] | the best thing to do is just keep going, keep it to yourself. | 最好的办法就是向前看 憋在心里 |
[25:46] | That doesn’t work so well. | 那样其实不管用 |
[25:56] | Hi, Elizabeth. | 你好 伊丽莎白 |
[26:07] | How was your appointment? | 治疗怎么样 |
[26:09] | He’s, uh, got file cabinets in his office with basic locks. | 他办公室的文件柜装的是普通锁 |
[26:14] | What’d you talk about? | 你们聊了些什么 |
[26:16] | This and that. | 随便聊聊 |
[26:18] | He ask you about your dreams? | 他问起你的梦了吗 |
[26:20] | I thought that’s what they like to talk about. | 我以为他们都喜欢聊梦 |
[26:24] | Not this one. | 这位不喜欢 |
[26:35] | I can’t believe he’s leaving. | 我不敢相信他要离开了 |
[26:42] | Do you know something about this that I don’t? | 你知道什么我不知道的事情吗 |
[26:45] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[26:50] | He seems tired. | 他似乎很累 |
[26:53] | But I feel like there’s something he’s not telling us. | 但是我感觉他有事瞒着我们 |
[26:57] | I mean, if he were sick, he would tell us, wouldn’t he? | 如果他病了 他会告诉我们的 对吧 |
[27:01] | I guess so. | 应该会吧 |
[27:07] | I’ve been thinking more about — | 我总是想起 |
[27:10] | There…were these men in Tobolsk | 在托博尔斯克有几个男人 |
[27:15] | who didn’t like us — me or my brother. | 不喜欢我和我兄弟 |
[27:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:25] | Every time we saw them, they’d just… | 每次见到他们 他们就会 |
[27:28] | stare at us. | 盯着我们 |
[27:31] | They were lowlifes. | 他们是下等人 |
[27:32] | They spent time in prison, I think. | 我觉得他们进过监狱 |
[27:34] | But we didn’t do anything to them. | 但是我们什么也没做过 |
[27:40] | The kids who used to beat you up — | 那些常常打你的孩子 |
[27:42] | Were they their children? | 是他们的小孩吗 |
[27:50] | I don’t know. Maybe some of them. | 我不知道 或许有的是 |
[27:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:54] | It shouldn’t bother me. | 我不该觉得困扰 |
[27:56] | I barely remember it. | 我都不怎么记得了 |
[28:04] | You should talk to Gabriel. | 你应该和加布里尔聊聊 |
[28:08] | If you want to know anything about…your past. | 如果你想知道你的过去 |
[28:12] | Who knows what’s in our personnel files. | 谁知道我们的个人文件里写了什么 |
[28:15] | He would’ve read it all. | 他应该都看过 |
[28:18] | This may be your last chance to talk to him. | 这或许是你最后和他谈谈的机会了 |
[28:25] | When my mom said “Stuffed peppers,” I was like, “Yuck!” | 我妈妈说是酿青椒的时候 我觉得好恶心 |
[28:27] | But then I found out it was basically a cheeseburger inside. | 但我后来发现里面其实就是芝士汉堡 |
[28:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:32] | Well, I’m glad you brought them over. | 我很高兴你带了过来 |
[28:34] | Well, they were just sitting in the fridge, so… | 它们就在冰箱里 所以 |
[28:36] | Yeah, no, I mean, I’m glad you came over, Henry. | 不 我是说很高兴你过来 亨利 |
[28:38] | You haven’t been around that much lately. | 你最近都没怎么来 |
[28:40] | Yeah, I’ve been working my butt off at school. | 我一直忙着学校的事 |
[28:42] | Oh, yeah, I heard you got, uh… | 我听说你 |
[28:45] | bumped up to an honors class or something. | 升到了尖子班之类的了 |
[28:47] | Yeah. My parents still can’t even believe it. | 我父母甚至都不敢相信 |
[28:49] | When the school called, they were like, “Oh, wow. | 学校打电话来 他们只是说 |
[28:53] | Henry screwed up again. | “亨利又搞砸了” |
[28:54] | What else is new?” | “这不新鲜” |
[28:58] | You were always a brainiac, Henry. | 你是个奇才 亨利 |
[29:00] | Just, nobody could tell ’cause you never did any work. | 只是你从未表现出来给人看而已 |
[29:08] | Hey, you know, Paige hasn’t been around | 最近也没怎么看见 |
[29:09] | that much lately, either. | 佩姬过来 |
[29:11] | You have any idea what’s going on with her and Matthew? | 你知道她跟马修怎么样了吗 |
[29:14] | No, I don’t really talk to her about that kind of stuff. | 不知道 我很少跟她讨论那方面的事 |
[29:17] | You still have that hot science teacher? | 那个性感女老师还在教你科学吗 |
[29:20] | Yeah, but I moved on from her. | 是的 但是我已经不喜欢她了 |
[29:22] | Another teacher? | 喜欢上其他老师了 |
[29:23] | That’s never gonna work out, Henry. | 喜欢老师是没结果的 亨利 |
[29:25] | No, some girl in my class — Chris. | 不是老师 我班里的一个女生 叫克里斯 |
[29:28] | She’s really cool. | 她很棒 |
[29:32] | Your parents know about her? | 你父母知道吗 |
[29:34] | Nothing to know. | 不知道 |
[29:39] | Yet. | 暂时 |
[30:09] | When are you leaving? | 你什么时候走 |
[30:10] | A week, at most. | 最迟一星期后 |
[30:13] | Are you ill? | 你生病了吗 |
[30:14] | No. | 没有 |
[30:16] | So, you’re not keeping anything from me? | 所以你确定没有事情瞒着我 |
[30:18] | It’s time for me to go. | 只是到了我该回去的时候了 |
[30:29] | My father — I want to ask you. | 我想问些我父亲的事情 |
[30:33] | My mother… never really talked about him, | 我母亲从未真正谈论过他 |
[30:38] | but I’m having these memories. | 但是我有一些记忆 |
[30:42] | He was quiet — very. | 他很安静 非常安静 |
[30:46] | My mother didn’t talk about him… | 我母亲从没讲过 |
[30:49] | …really. | 他的事情 |
[30:50] | She said they… | 她说他们… |
[30:52] | met at a movie at… | 在工人俱乐部 |
[30:56] | a workers’ club. | 看电影认识 |
[30:58] | They knew each other a month before they got married. | 刚认识一个月就结了婚 |
[31:02] | And she said he was a logger. | 说他是个伐木工 |
[31:06] | And that’s all I know. | 我只知道这些 |
[31:16] | He used to bring things home. | 他以前会带东西回家 |
[31:25] | Was he a logger? | 他真是个伐木工吗 |
[31:29] | He worked at a logging camp. | 他在伐木场工作 |
[31:39] | Was he a logger? | 他真是个伐木工吗 |
[31:41] | He was a guard. | 他是警卫 |
[31:44] | – A guard? – Yes. | -警卫 -是的 |
[31:50] | What kind of camp was it? | 哪种营地 |
[31:52] | A penal camp. | 劳改营 |
[31:58] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[32:01] | I didn’t think it was my place to tell you. | 我不认为那该由我来告诉你 |
[32:06] | Did he ever kill anyone? | 他杀过人吗 |
[32:09] | People who were trying to escape? | 那些试图逃跑的人 |
[32:12] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[32:14] | You saw his file. | 你看过他的档案 |
[32:15] | I never saw records like that. | 我从没看过那方面的档案 |
[32:17] | Some guards were cruel. | 有些警卫很无情 |
[32:19] | Some were kind. | 有些很和善 |
[32:20] | I didn’t know your father. | 我不认识你父亲 |
[32:22] | Who’d he work for? | 他为谁工作 |
[32:23] | Us. | 我们 |
[32:28] | So that’s why you came for me. | 所以你才来找我 |
[32:30] | No. | 不是 |
[32:32] | We were always on the lookout for talented people, | 我们一直都在寻觅有才干的人 |
[32:35] | and you were talented. | 而你很有才干 |
[32:36] | The fact that you came from a trustworthy family, | 你出身于一个可靠的家庭 |
[32:39] | that was good. | 非常加分 |
[32:46] | Those were different times, Philip. | 那时和现在不一样 菲利普 |
[32:49] | It’s hard to explain. | 很难解释 |
[32:53] | Who knows what your father did. | 谁知道你的父亲做了什么 |
[32:55] | He had his job. | 他有他的工作 |
[32:57] | A lot of things happened. | 发生了很多事情 |
[33:01] | You think it was his fault? | 你认为是他的错吗 |
[33:12] | He was nobody. | 他是个无名之辈 |
[33:17] | We were all nobodies. | 我们都是无名之辈 |
[33:23] | It’s been over for a long time. | 已经过去很长时间了 |
[34:41] | You busy? | 你在忙吗 |
[34:43] | Not really. | 不忙 |
[34:46] | They assign you that for social studies? | 他们给你布置的社会学课程的作业吗 |
[34:49] | Pastor Tim gave it to me. | 这是蒂姆牧师给我的 |
[35:03] | So, what do you think? | 那你觉得这本书怎么样 |
[35:06] | I actually agree with a lot of what he says. | 我同意他的很多说法 |
[35:09] | – You do? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[35:12] | Except he doesn’t like religion so much. | 除了一点 他不是很喜欢宗教 |
[35:15] | No. | 是的 |
[35:16] | He says it’s a drug that keeps people in chains. | 他说宗教是囚禁人们的毒药 |
[35:23] | What do you think about that? | 你怎么看这一点 |
[35:26] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[35:29] | But I know that nothing in my life | 但我知道 在我的生命里 |
[35:32] | made me feel as good as getting baptized. | 没有什么比接受洗礼更好的事了 |
[35:45] | Did you ever read it? | 你读过这本书吗 |
[35:47] | Yeah — when I was growing up. | 是的 在我小的时候读过 |
[35:52] | What he writes about the capitalist class structure | 他说资本主义的阶级结构 |
[35:56] | being a kind of slavery | 是一种奴隶制度 |
[35:57] | No. Revolution is necessary | 不是的 革命的作用至关重要 |
[36:01] | to create and achieve a workers’ state | 它能实现工人的地位 |
[36:03] | so that no one is exploited… | 保证他们不受压迫… |
[36:06] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[36:08] | my whole country came out of those ideas. | 我的国家就是基于这些理念诞生的 |
[36:14] | What’s it like there? | 那里什么样子 |
[36:17] | Is everybody equal? | 人人平等吗 |
[36:28] | We have our problems. | 我们有自己的问题 |
[36:33] | But everybody is in it together. | 但是所有人都团结在一起 |
[36:38] | You haven’t been there in a long time. | 你好久没回去了 |
[36:43] | That’s what your dad says. | 你爸爸也这么说 |
[36:55] | You should probably keep this book on your shelf | 你应该把这本书 |
[36:58] | with other books on similar topics. | 和书架上同类型的书放在一起 |
[37:02] | That way, anyone who’s looking won’t pay any attention to it. | 这样的话就不会有人注意到了 |
[37:06] | I could get you a few that would fit. | 我可以给你拿几本类似的书 |
[37:10] | Don’t stay up too late. | 别太迟睡 |
[37:13] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[38:09] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[38:14] | I spoke to Gabriel about my father. | 我跟加布里尔聊起了我的父亲 |
[38:18] | What’d he say? | 他说了什么 |
[38:22] | He was a guard — at a prison camp. | 他是名警卫 在劳改营 |
[38:30] | You know anything about the camps? | 你知道劳改营的事吗 |
[38:36] | I know they existed. | 我知道有这样的地方 |
[38:41] | I’m not sure why my mother didn’t tell me. | 我不知道为什么妈妈没有告诉我 |
[38:46] | Maybe she didn’t like what he did. | 也许她不喜欢我父亲做的事 |
[38:54] | I didn’t know anything. | 我一无所知 |
[38:59] | My own parents, | 他们是我的父母 |
[39:00] | I didn’t know anything about them at all. | 而我却对他们一无所知 |