英文名称:The Answer Man
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | oh mr. pit oh mr. pit mr. pitiful | Pit先生 令人同情的家伙 |
[00:20] | who let you down? | 谁令你失望 |
[00:23] | who let you down? who let you down? | 谁令你失望 |
[00:30] | you still don’t believe | 你仍旧不相信 |
[00:31] | you don’t believe you don’t believe | 你仍旧不相信 |
[00:34] | and your grievances show | 你表情委屈 |
[00:37] | when your soapbox unfolds | 当你打开肥皂箱时 |
[00:42] | but please come down | 但请你从悲伤 |
[00:44] | from that cloud you’re sitting on | 的阴霾中走出 |
[00:47] | I don’t expect you to admit | 我不求你能接受 |
[00:50] | that you were wrong | 是你错了 |
[00:53] | just want to know how you’ve been | 我仅想了解你的过去 |
[00:57] | it don’t make me feel bad | 那让我感觉不错 |
[00:59] | that we’re still friends | 因为我们仍是朋友 |
[01:01] | mulling it over in my bed | 在我的床上思考 |
[01:04] | I hope that you see | 我希望你明白 |
[01:06] | through your big yard | 穿过大大的院子 |
[01:07] | and white picket fence | 和白色的篱笆 |
[01:12] | well I don’t believe I don’t believe | 我不相信 |
[01:15] | I don’t believe | 我不相信 |
[01:17] | everything I see | 我所看到的一切 |
[01:20] | and you don’t like the movie | 而且你不像 |
[01:22] | then quit acting | 停止播放的电影 |
[01:25] | but please come down | 但请你从悲伤 |
[01:27] | from that cloud you’re sitting on | 的阴霾中走出 |
[01:30] | i don’t expect you to admit | 我不求你能接受 |
[01:33] | that you were wrong | 是你错了 |
[01:35] | just want to know how you’ve been | 我仅想了解你的过去 |
[01:39] | it don’t make me feel bad | 那让我感觉不错 |
[01:41] | that we’re still friends | 因为我们仍是朋友 |
[01:42] | mulling it over in my bed | 在我的床上思考 |
[01:45] | i hope that you see | 我希望你能明白 |
[01:47] | through your big yard | 穿过大大的院子 |
[01:49] | and white picket fence | 和白色的篱笆 |
[01:53] | to make amends | 认一下错 |
[01:58] | still be my friend | 你仍是我的朋友 |
[02:02] | still be my friend | 你仍是我的朋友 |
[02:07] | still be my friend. | 你仍是我的朋友 |
[02:10] | We would like to do a full expose on Arlen Faber. | 我们想对阿伦·法伯尔进行全方位报道 |
[02:12] | It would coincide with the release | 它将与《我和上帝》一书 |
[02:14] | Of the 20th anniversary of “me and god.” | 发行20周年纪念相得益彰 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1101个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:171个,六级词汇:75个,GRE词汇:87个,托福词汇:118个,考研词汇:188个,专四词汇:164个,专八词汇:28个, 所有生词标注共:328个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:16] | People want to read this story. | 人们想读到这个故事 |
[02:19] | I’ve red “me and god” 12 times for chrissake. | 这本书我读了12次 看在上帝的份上 |
[02:21] | Sorry. he listens to you Terry. | 抱歉 他听你的 特丽 |
[02:25] | If I could get five minutes with him | 如果能让我和他聊五分钟 |
[02:26] | It would mean everything. | 就能如我所愿 |
[02:28] | He redefined spirituality for an entire generation. | 他重新定义了整整一代人的精神性 |
[02:32] | It’s been translated into over 100 languages. | 这本书被翻译成100多种文字 |
[02:34] | This book | 这本书 |
[02:36] | Arlen Faber isn’t going to talk to you | 阿伦·法伯尔不会跟你聊天的 |
[02:38] | This year or any year. | 不论是今年还是以后 |
[02:40] | Arlen faber doesn’t do interviews. | 阿伦·法伯尔不接受采访 |
[02:43] | He’s refused an audience with the dalai lama. | 他拒绝达赖喇嘛的召见 |
[02:45] | He has turned down millions in appearance fees. | 他拒绝了百万元的见面费 |
[02:48] | What would make a man do this you ask? | 你会问 他为什么要这样做 |
[02:50] | Because Arlen Faber came in direct contact | 因为阿伦·法伯尔是与造物主 |
[02:54] | With the creator himself. | 直接交流的人 |
[02:56] | Can you imagine how much that would change you? | 你想象得到能给你带来多大改变吗 |
[02:59] | He isn’t even like us anymore. | 他甚至一点也不喜欢我们 |
[03:01] | He has no concern for worldly affairs or possessions. | 他两耳不闻窗外事 |
[03:06] | He has been touched by the divine | 一心只与神相通 |
[03:08] | And he has given us the only thing that he could | 他给我们的只有一样东西 |
[03:11] | Which is “me and god.” | 那就是《我和上帝》 |
[03:14] | And if that isn’t enough for you | 如果这些对你来说还不够的话 |
[03:16] | Then god help you. | 那么上帝会帮助你的 |
[03:22] | Fuck! shit! motherfucker! | 操 狗屎 操他妈的 |
[03:24] | Fucking cock. | 烂屌事 |
[03:27] | Get a fucking machine. | 该死的门铃 |
[03:30] | Fucking goddamn. fuck. fuck. | 真他妈的 操 操 |
[03:34] | Oh terrific. | 还好有人在家 |
[03:36] | I didn’t want to leave this on the doorstep. | 我不想把这些放在门口 |
[03:38] | It might be important. | 都是很重要的东西 |
[03:40] | You never know who might snatch it. | 不知道谁会顺手牵羊 |
[03:44] | Mr. Faber sure gets a lot of mail. | 法伯尔先生收到的邮件真不少 |
[03:46] | Is he here to sign for this today? | 他今天能签收吗 |
[03:48] | No he isn’t. | 不行 他不在 |
[03:50] | Ever since I took this job I’ve been hoping to meet him. | 从做这份工作起 我就希望能见到他 |
[03:54] | Tough break. | 真不走运 |
[03:56] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:58] | Would you mind signing for it today please? | 能麻烦您代签一下吗 |
[04:01] | My hands are shaking.I apologize. | 抱歉 我的手在发抖 |
[04:13] | – Prince Berefton. – that’s me. | -普瑞斯·毕富顿 -是我 |
[04:16] | There you are. | 给你 |
[04:19] | Can I ask you a small question? | 我能问个小问题吗 |
[04:21] | What is mr. faber like? | 法伯尔先生喜欢什么 |
[04:23] | You’d hate him. | 喜欢你恨他 |
[05:13] | Hey we have | 我们有 |
[05:15] | Delicious life bacon. | 美味的咸肉 |
[05:17] | It’s for your life. it’s delicious | 对你身体很好 很美味 |
[05:19] | Tastes just like bacon except | 吃起来只不过是咸肉 |
[05:21] | But with delicious soy protein | 却像美味的大豆蛋白 |
[05:23] | Sweetened with cane juice and tomato pulp. | 甜藤汁和番茄浆 |
[05:25] | Exactly and yummy egg whites | 正确的说 还有美味的蛋青 |
[05:27] | Scrambled just the way you like them | 你喜欢混在一起的 |
[05:29] | Which is the scrambly delicious way. | 美味的混合餐 |
[05:36] | Okay mommy has her drink. | 妈妈得喝点饮料了 |
[05:56] | All out who’s getting out. | 你该下车了 |
[06:04] | Bye. | 再见 |
[06:06] | Hurry hurry. | 快点 |
[06:08] | – here’s your lunch. – thank you. | -别忘了你的午餐 -谢谢你 |
[06:10] | Be careful. have fun. | 注意安全 玩得开心 |
[06:14] | Be careful. have fun. | 注意安全 玩得开心 |
[06:37] | Remember what I said about fear. | 记得我说过关于恐惧的事 |
[06:39] | Fuck everything and run. | 什么都不管然后溜掉 |
[06:41] | Or face everything and relax. | 或者轻松的面对一切 |
[06:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:45] | Remember when you get out of here | 当你走出这里后 |
[06:46] | the first thing you want to do | 记住你要做的第一件事 |
[06:47] | I know. “stay sober. get a sponsor and stay sober.” | 我知道 ” 要冷静 寻找支持 冷静 “ |
[07:09] | Dad I’m home. | 老爸 我回来了 |
[07:13] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[07:17] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[07:31] | Don’t be mad! hey kris don’t be mad. | 别生气 克里斯 别生气 |
[07:35] | Okay it’s not a big deal but don’t be mad. | 没设么大不了的 别生气 |
[07:37] | Just okay just don’t be mad okay? | 求你别生气 好吗 |
[07:43] | You lost the keys for 27 days. | 你钥匙丢了整整27天 |
[07:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:48] | The store was closed for 27 days. | 商店关了整整27天 |
[07:52] | I didn’t have anyone else to call. | 我不知道要打给谁 |
[07:55] | So I had to wait for you to be released. | 所以我就等着你被释放出来 |
[07:57] | Released? | 释放 |
[07:59] | I wasn’t released.I’m not a criminal. | 那不是释放 我又没犯罪 |
[08:02] | I was having a problem with alcohol. | 我只是有酗酒的问题 |
[08:06] | You attacked my umbrella. | 你袭击了我的雨伞 |
[08:09] | What? | 什么 |
[08:11] | You did. you were screaming at me | 没错 你冲着我大叫 |
[08:13] | And you were really drunk. and it was scary. | 你喝的烂醉 让我感到惊慌 |
[08:26] | I’m sorry I scared you Dahlia. | 对不起我吓到你了 黛丽亚 |
[08:29] | I’m sorry I lost the keys | 对不起我弄丢了钥匙 |
[08:32] | And the store was closed kris. | 让商店关了门 克里斯 |
[09:33] | I actually sat in his presence. | 我居然坐在他的面前 |
[09:35] | He actually said to me “Dominica you are awake.” | 他竟然对我说 “多米尼卡 这不是梦” |
[09:39] | And I said “I actually thought I was | 然后我说 “我想这不是梦 |
[09:41] | Because my guru said I was | 因为是我的宗教老师对我说的” |
[09:42] | But then somebody said I wasn’t | 可有些人却说我在做梦 |
[09:44] | – so I actually wasn’t sure. – that is like | -所以我不是很确定 -那就像是 |
[09:46] | Hey pretend person if you’re done hallucinating | 妄想者 如果你白日梦做完了 |
[09:49] | I’d love a shot at being a customer in this place. | 请允许我做个真实的顾客 |
[09:53] | Welcome back. | 欢迎再来 |
[09:55] | Can I help you? | 您需要点什么 |
[09:57] | Yes these don’t work. I’d like to sell them. | 这些书没用了 我想把他们卖了 |
[10:00] | If my conscience would allow it I’d burn them | 我于心不忍 不想烧了他们 |
[10:02] | But instead I’ll take pennies on the dollar. | 我想他们还能卖些钱 |
[10:04] | You’ve read all 21 volumes of “Unlocking the Door to the Heaven Within”? | 你已经读完21卷的《开启天堂之门》吗 |
[10:08] | Yep and it still lacked. | 是的 这些书不全 |
[10:10] | I’m sorry. I’m afraid we can’t buy any books right now. | 对不起 恐怕现在我们不想买书 |
[10:14] | Oh well I’m afraid I can’t keep | 我恐怕不想再留 |
[10:16] | these in my houseis gonna be fine. | 这些书在我的家里 |
[10:18] | So if you could just come back next month | 如果你下个月能来 |
[10:20] | So if you could just get the manager | 如果你能叫一下经理 |
[10:25] | I am the manager. | 我就是经理 |
[10:34] | I can’t afford it. it’s been a tough couple of months. | 我不能买下这些书 这几个月生意不好 |
[10:37] | Fine. that’s just fine. | 好吧 那好 |
[10:40] | You can have them free of charge my gift to you. | 免费给你 我给你的礼物 |
[10:42] | I’m not supposed to owe anyone anything right now. | 我现在不想要任何人的任何东西 |
[10:46] | Stop! | 停 |
[10:48] | Look it’s been a little slow. | 慢着点 |
[10:50] | The store’s been closed for a while. | 这个商店已经关了一阵子了 |
[10:52] | We’re just getting back up to speed. | 我们正在恢复营业 |
[10:55] | Let me guess you were off | 让我猜猜看 |
[10:58] | Giving lap dances at the piercing festival. | 你不在穿孔节上跳膝上舞了 |
[11:03] | God grant me the serenity | 上帝赐予我平静 |
[11:05] | To accept the terrifying bullshit I cannot change. | 让我接受无法改变的事实 |
[11:08] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:10] | Maybe next month. | 也许我下个月能买 |
[11:12] | Right now I can’t afford it. | 但现在不行 |
[11:19] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[11:24] | That is just fine. | 真是太好了 |
[11:27] | All right well | 好的 |
[11:29] | Let me tell you something my little friend. | 跟你说些事 我的小朋友 |
[11:32] | You | 你 |
[11:40] | You are gonna take these books. | 你要准备留下这些书 |
[11:49] | Come again. | 欢迎再来 |
[12:06] | Five o’clock. | 五点了 |
[12:10] | Oh that’s fine. | 那挺好的 |
[12:12] | Leave it. | 别管了 |
[12:13] | Anne it’s fine. | 安妮 很好了 |
[12:18] | Look everything is gonna be fine. | 一切都会好的 |
[12:23] | Debt waitressing chiropractic school | 债务 女服务生 脊椎理疗学校 |
[12:25] | I did not go through four years of doubt and terror | 我四年没有债务 |
[12:28] | To tank in the first month. everything is gonna be fine. | 第一个月我就还清了 一切都会好的 |
[12:31] | Fine. | 好的 |
[12:32] | – bye. – good night. | -再见 -晚安 |
[12:40] | Well a great day huh? | 美好的一天 对吗 |
[12:44] | Great. | 好极了 |
[12:55] | Relax. I need to relax. | 放松 我需要放松 |
[13:08] | isn’t it romantic? | 这不浪漫吗 |
[13:14] | No I refuse to accept this. | 不 我拒绝接受这个事实 |
[13:17] | No I do not accept this. | 不 我才不接受这个事实 |
[13:19] | This is bullshit. I do not accept it. | 这都是胡说的 我不接受 |
[13:22] | isn’t it romantic? | 这不浪漫吗 |
[13:25] | moving shadows write | 翩翩的影子 |
[13:29] | the oldest magic word | 画着古老的魔法文字 |
[13:35] | I hear the breezes playing | 我听见清风吹过 |
[13:41] | in the trees above | 掠过树梢 |
[14:00] | isn’t it romantic? | 这不浪漫么 |
[14:05] | music in the night | 夜晚响起音乐 |
[14:09] | a dream that can be heard | 听到美妙的梦 |
[14:14] | isn’t it romantic? | 这不浪漫么 |
[14:21] | So what do you think? are you ready to grab a bite? | 怎么样 要去吃点东西吗 |
[14:23] | No. | 不 |
[14:25] | -I’m sorry? – no I’m not ready. | -对不起 -我还没有准备好 |
[14:28] | Is there something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[14:30] | No no everything’s great. you seem great. | 不 一切都很好 你很棒 |
[14:33] | It’s just if there’s a strong reason | 如果我有一个很充足的理由 |
[14:36] | For me to have someone in my life | 让我去拥有生命中的真爱 |
[14:38] | I’ll fight for them. | 我会为之而战 |
[14:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:41] | And I can already tell | 我刚才说过了 |
[14:43] | I’m never going to fight for you. | 我不会为你而战 |
[14:46] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:48] | We just met. | 我们才刚认识 |
[14:50] | I know. sad. | 我知道 抱歉 |
[14:53] | Wait when did you stop fighting for me? | 等等 你什么时候能为我而战 |
[14:56] | ’cause hey I’d fight for you. | 我为你而战 |
[14:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:02] | I missed watching this with you | 我错过了这个节目 |
[15:04] | When you were gone. | 因为你走之后没人陪我 |
[15:09] | You know I’ve been thinking | 我一直在想 |
[15:13] | Maybe it might be good if you and I | 或许我们可以一起去旅行 |
[15:16] | Took a trip together you know | 这样对你我都好 |
[15:18] | Just get the heck out of here huh? | 逃离这片烦恼之地 |
[15:22] | Remember that time we went camping? | 记得我们一起去野营的时光吗 |
[15:24] | We didn’t go camping dad. we got lost in the woods. | 我们没去成 老爸 我们在树林里迷路了 |
[15:26] | Usually campers have a tent water food. | 通常大家都会带帐篷 水和食物去野营 |
[15:29] | Yeah camping just like the good old days. | 野营 就像从前那些美好的日子 |
[15:33] | Might do you some good you know. | 也许你会感到很美好 |
[15:34] | I have to go. | 我要走了 |
[15:35] | I’m gonna go meet some friends. | 我要去见些朋友 |
[15:51] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[15:53] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[15:55] | Did you just have a meeting in there? | 你们在这里集会吗 |
[15:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:58] | I just got through having 28 in a row. | 我刚刚参加了28人的团体 |
[16:01] | Good for you. | 对你有益 |
[16:04] | Ross. | 我叫罗斯 |
[16:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:09] | Well we have meetings here | 我们这里随时有聚会 |
[16:13] | All the time if you’re interested. | 如果你有兴趣 可以来参加 |
[16:14] | Okay maybe I’ll check one out sometime. | 好的 我会来的 |
[16:17] | Sure. we’re here if you need us. | 需要帮忙的话 我们就在这里 |
[16:25] | like a lover’s kiss | 恰似爱人的吻 |
[16:27] | Phone. | 打电话 |
[16:29] | Terry. home. | 特丽 家里 |
[16:45] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:46] | Terry terry you have to come over. | 特丽 特丽 你过来一下 |
[16:48] | Why are you yelling? | 为什么你在叫 |
[16:50] | My back is out. | 我的背扭伤了 |
[16:52] | Now I need you to come over. | 现在我需要你过来帮我 |
[16:54] | Again? | 又扭伤了 |
[16:55] | Try asking god for help. | 试着找上帝帮你 |
[16:57] | He won’t take my calls. you do. | 他不接我的电话 你接了 |
[17:00] | I’m on the floor. get over here. | 我躺在地板上 快给我过来 |
[17:08] | Terry? | 特丽 |
[17:31] | After seven years it might be time | 七年过去了 |
[17:32] | To have that looked at. | 现在是你回首过去的最好时间 |
[17:35] | I have. | 我做了 |
[17:37] | But it didn’t help obviously. | 但很显然 没什么帮助 |
[17:38] | Shall I take a picture for your fan club? | 我能为你的粉丝俱乐部拍张照片吗 |
[17:44] | Thank you for turning the music off. | 谢谢你把音乐关了 |
[17:46] | I mean it. thank you. | 我是说 谢谢你 |
[17:49] | Now help me. | 现在扶我起来吧 |
[17:53] | You know I was a nobody | 我是个大公司里的小职员 |
[17:56] | In a big firm of somebodys when I found your book | 我在”上帝知道是谁”的聚会上 |
[17:59] | Just a stack of scribbled pages really | 坐在咖啡桌前 |
[18:02] | Sitting on a coffee table at a party for god-knows-who. | 从一堆字迹潦草的便笺中找到了你的书 |
[18:05] | Conveniently nobody wanted to talk to me | 刚巧 没人想跟我聊天 |
[18:07] | So I sat there | 所以我就坐在那里 |
[18:09] | And I read it. | 开始读你的书 |
[18:11] | It was marvelous. | 它太不可思议了 |
[18:13] | You gave me a career. | 你带我进入了我的职业生涯 |
[18:16] | You changed my life. | 你改变了我的生活 |
[18:19] | And now if I don’t help you | 如果现在我不帮你的话 |
[18:20] | you will probably shit your pants? | 你会拉在裤子上的 |
[18:22] | Agreed. help me. | 我同意 来帮帮我 |
[18:23] | You are a disaster Arlen. | 阿伦 你是个麻烦 |
[18:26] | And these days you’re not my only disaster. | 而如今 你已经不是我唯一的麻烦了 |
[18:27] | I’m successful and therefore have many. | 我事业有成 所有麻烦更多了 |
[18:30] | Is there a rest stop between me and the end of this story? | 我和故事结局能不能先告一段落 |
[18:33] | What did you think of the book I sent over for the 20th anniversary? | 你觉得我寄给你的20周年纪念书怎样 |
[18:36] | – Did you like it? – Not now Terry. | -你喜欢吗 -先不谈这个 特丽 |
[18:38] | Did you like the jacket with the raised gold letters? | 你喜欢带金色浮雕字母的夹克吗 |
[18:40] | I loved the gold letters loved them. | 我喜欢金色字母 很喜欢 |
[18:43] | How about the picture? | 那图片呢 |
[18:45] | God damn it it doesn’t matter. | 该死的 那个没关系 |
[18:48] | It’s all meaningless bullshit. | 都是没用的屁话 |
[18:50] | It’s not meaningless fuckface. | 他妈的 谁说没用的 |
[18:53] | I won’t help you if you won’t help me. | 你不帮我 就休想让我帮你 |
[18:57] | All right you win. | 好吧 我认输了 |
[19:00] | I loved the gold letters and the picture was fantastic. | 我喜欢金色字母 图片也很棒 |
[19:06] | Now help me. | 好了 帮我一把 |
[19:08] | There is no picture. | 其实没有图片 |
[19:10] | And the letters are blue. | 字母也是蓝色的 |
[19:16] | do you mean | 你是说 |
[19:18] | that I will fall | 我可能会 |
[19:22] | in love perchance | 坠入爱河 |
[19:26] | isn’t it | 是不是 |
[19:28] | isn’t it isn’t it | 是不是 |
[19:33] | isn’t it isn’t it | 是不是 |
[19:49] | isn’t it isn’t it | 是不是 |
[19:52] | isn’t it isn’t it | 是不是 |
[19:55] | isn’t it isn’t it | 是不是 |
[19:58] | isn’t it isn’t it | 是不是 |
[20:01] | isn’t it isn’t it | 是不是 |
[20:04] | isn’t it | 是不是 |
[20:06] | I’m lying on my back. | 我一直躺在地上 |
[21:12] | I think I’m ready to buy enlarge my portfolio. | 我已准备好买进 增加证券投资 |
[21:25] | Any objection to me being next? | 不介意先给我治疗吧 |
[21:28] | Next? | 先治疗 |
[21:30] | Uh do you have an appointment? | 你有预约吗 |
[21:34] | Does it look like I planned this? | 你觉得我会预料到吗 |
[21:36] | So you’re a new patient. | 那你就是新病人了 |
[21:39] | I just need you to fill out this paperwork. | 你需要先填一下表格 |
[21:44] | But you can’t do that. | 好像你没法填 |
[21:46] | I’m gonna take your picture | 我给你拍张照吧 |
[21:48] | Because that’s what we do with all new patients. | 每个新病人都需要的 |
[21:56] | Okay. | 好了 |
[21:57] | When I can stand | 我能站起来 |
[22:00] | I will kill you. | 一定要杀了你 |
[22:06] | I’m just gonna let the doctor know you’re here. | 我去通知医生 |
[22:10] | – Elizabeth. – Yeah? | -伊丽莎白 -什么事 |
[22:12] | He’s a little disgruntled. I tried to take his picture. | 他有点不满意 我刚想给他拍照 |
[22:14] | He said he was gonna kill me. | 他说要杀了我 |
[22:15] | Okay I’ll take care of it. hi follow me. | 好了 交给我处理吧 你好 跟我来 |
[22:19] | – Not you. – Oh okay right. | -不是说你 -好的 |
[22:21] | Right this way. Follow me. | 请跟我到这边来 |
[22:27] | You’re doing great. My name is Elizabeth and | 做得不错 我叫伊丽莎白 |
[22:30] | Please don’t show me that lame little rubber model of vertebrae. | 请别给我讲解那些狗屁的脊椎骨模型 |
[22:32] | Let’s just focus of me being able to | 想办法让我 |
[22:34] | Walk out of this little tea party forever. | 别再受背痛的折磨就好 |
[22:36] | What do you say? | 你觉得呢 |
[22:39] | All done? | 说完了吗 |
[22:43] | Please help me. | 请帮帮我 |
[22:45] | Okay is the pain here? | 好吧 这里痛吗 |
[22:47] | Yeah okay I’m gonna get you up on the table. | 好的 我要把你扶到桌上 |
[22:50] | You can do it. I’m gonna help you. | 你可以的 我会帮你 |
[22:52] | You can do this. all right. | 你可以的 知道吗 |
[22:56] | Okay yeah. | 好的 |
[22:59] | Okay good. | 好的 |
[23:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:01] | Okay yeah. | 好的 |
[23:08] | Okay I’m gonna be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[23:10] | Don’t leave me here. | 别扔下我 |
[23:11] | I just have to tell Anne to clear my patients for the next hour. | 我让安妮取消接下来一个小时的病人预约 |
[23:14] | I’ll be right back. | 马上就来 |
[23:18] | – We have a real patient. – Yay! | -终于有生意啦 -好耶 |
[23:20] | Shh be professional. | 轻点 要专业 |
[23:25] | What was that? | 刚才什么情况 |
[23:26] | A happy customer. | 一个很开心的顾客 |
[23:28] | Alrighty so what’s your name? | 好了 你叫什么名字 |
[23:33] | My name? | 我的名字 |
[23:36] | Yes your name. who are you? | 是的 你的名字 姓甚名谁 |
[23:42] | Arlen. | 阿伦 |
[23:43] | Okay Arlen I’m gonna help you. | 好的 阿伦 我会帮你 |
[23:47] | And when you leave here today you might not be cured | 今天你回去的时候 不一定能痊愈 |
[23:50] | But you’re gonna feel a lot better I promise. | 但是我保证 你会感觉好得多 |
[23:56] | Okay. | 好了 |
[24:25] | I think you’re good for now. | 我想你现在应该好了 |
[24:32] | Sit up nice and slow. | 慢慢坐起来 |
[24:38] | Walk across the room. | 在房间里来回走走 |
[24:51] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[24:54] | You are so | 你真 |
[24:58] | Amazing. | 厉害 |
[25:04] | I mean no one has ever done that before | 我是说 之前没人能治好我 |
[25:06] | No one. how did you do that? | 真的 你怎么做到的 |
[25:09] | So well I don’t know. | 我自己也不知道 |
[25:12] | You’re still a little out of whack. | 你还没有痊愈 |
[25:14] | But you resemble something further along the evolutionary chart. | 不过很符合进化规律 |
[25:21] | How much do I owe you? | 我该给你多少钱 |
[25:29] | Two hours $175. | 两小时 175美元 |
[25:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:34] | Oh no that’s too much. | 不 这个太多了 |
[25:36] | Take it. you’re a miracle worker. | 拿着吧 你是神医 |
[25:39] | When can l should I come back? | 我什么时候来复诊 |
[25:42] | You should be fine for about a week so next week. | 一个礼拜里应该都没大碍 下周来吧 |
[25:48] | Thank you Arlen. | 谢谢 阿伦 |
[25:50] | Faber. | 法伯尔 |
[25:53] | My name is Arlen Faber. | 我叫阿伦·法伯尔 |
[25:59] | My name is Arlen Faber. | 我叫阿伦·法伯尔 |
[26:05] | I believe you. | 我信 |
[26:08] | Next week Arlen. | 下周见 阿伦 |
[26:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:17] | That’s Arlen Faber? | 刚才那人是阿伦·法伯尔 |
[26:19] | Who’s Arlen Faber? | 阿伦·法伯尔是谁 |
[26:33] | So that’s Arlen Faber. | 原来他就是阿伦·法伯尔 |
[26:35] | That’s Arlen Faber. | 他就是阿伦·法伯尔 |
[26:40] | I forgot one. | 我忘了一个 |
[26:43] | – Have a good one Mr. Faber. – Bye. | -祝您愉快 法伯尔先生 -再见 |
[26:45] | I knew it! You’re Arlen Faber. | 我没猜错 你就是阿伦·法伯尔 |
[26:47] | Oh I can’t believe it. | 我真不敢相信 |
[26:49] | I have read “Me and God ” like 40 times. | 我把《我和上帝》来回看了有40遍 |
[26:52] | My mother is not gonna believe this. | 我妈肯定不会相信的 |
[26:57] | Oh my god. | 天哪 |
[26:59] | Oh I feel like I’m shaking the hand of god himself. | 我觉得自己在跟上帝握手 |
[27:02] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问您一个问题吗 |
[27:04] | Yes I will pray for you believe me. | 可以 我会为你祈祷的 相信我 |
[27:07] | No that’s not my question. just one please. | 不 这不是我要问的 求求你 就一个问题 |
[27:11] | One question on condition that you can never and I mean never | 问一个问题可以 但你要答应永远 |
[27:15] | Tell anyone that I live here. Swear it. | 别告诉别人我住在这里 要发誓 |
[27:18] | I swear it. I swear it. | 我发誓 |
[27:21] | Mr. Faber | 法伯尔先生 |
[27:23] | is there such a place as hell? | 有没有和地狱一样的地方 |
[27:26] | Yes there is. | 有 |
[27:30] | I think it was sartreartre who said it best really | 我认为斯塔特里说得好 |
[27:35] | When he said and I quote “hell is other people.” | 他说过的 我概括为 地狱就是其他人 |
[27:42] | Attempts to contact you in the past have failed | 过去一直没能联系上你 |
[27:44] | So we are forced to resort to this final action.” | 所以我们被迫作出这个决定 |
[27:47] | Excuse me I’d like to sell you this book. | 打扰一下 我想把这书卖给你们 |
[27:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:52] | “Consciousness without an object.” | 没有目标的意识 |
[27:55] | Wow sixth grade is different than I remember it. | 现在六年级的孩子比我那时强多了 |
[27:58] | Why do you want to get rid of this? | 为什么你不想要了 |
[28:00] | I just found | 我发现 |
[28:04] | I found | 我发现 |
[28:09] | I find the idea that you can use a conscious object | 我发现你可以运用意识 |
[28:13] | To consider non-objective consciousness absurd. | 来考虑非客观意识的说法是很荒唐的 |
[28:18] | This book is poison to me. | 这本书会把我教坏 |
[28:24] | Uh I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[28:27] | I’m afraid we can’t buy any books right now. | 恐怕我们现在没法买书 |
[28:30] | How did he get you to do this? | 他怎么让你帮他的 |
[28:34] | He said he’d split the money with me. | 他说会跟我分钱 |
[28:48] | Do not split this with him. | 别跟他分 |
[28:50] | – Thank you. – Bye. | -谢谢 -再见 |
[28:53] | That guy does not want his books. god. | 那人不想要自己的书了 天哪 |
[28:56] | Where were we? | 我们说到哪了 |
[28:59] | If you do not respond to our request for full payment | 如果你不能全额支付的话 |
[29:02] | We will have no other choice but to blah-blah-blah red words blah-blah | 我们别无选择 只能XXX 红字XXX |
[29:07] | Hate rescind. | 讨厌 退还 |
[29:08] | Sincerely first masters bank celebrating 150 years of your success.” | 第一大银行至上 与您共庆150年辉煌 |
[29:12] | No. | 不 |
[29:13] | Hi. | 您好 |
[29:15] | Hi. Can I? | 你好 我可以 |
[29:17] | – Oh post away. – Thanks. | -随便贴吧 -谢谢 |
[29:28] | Okay. | 改好了 |
[29:30] | “Mr. Lucas you have failed. | 卢卡斯先生 你失败了 |
[29:32] | We have no other choice but to celebrate 150 years of your success. | 我们别无选择 只能与您共庆150年辉煌 |
[29:36] | That’s better. yay. | 这样好多了 |
[29:41] | Excuse me do you have “me and god”? | 请问 你们有《我和上帝》这本书吗 |
[30:34] | Oh god it’s bad bad. | 天哪 真糟糕 |
[30:37] | Elizabeth will be with you in just one minute Mr. Faber. | 法伯尔先生 伊丽莎白马上来 |
[30:40] | I think I can sit. | 我想我能坐下 |
[31:03] | What? | 怎么啦 |
[31:09] | You have a lot of tension in your upper back today. | 今天你背的上半部分肌肉很紧张 |
[31:12] | I was out running the other day had a little fall. | 我那天精疲力尽 |
[31:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:16] | I’ll just let you sit for a couple of minutes and I’ll be right back. | 你先坐几分钟 我马上回来 |
[31:20] | Stay. | 别走 |
[31:25] | And talk to me. | 跟我聊聊 |
[31:27] | What do you want to talk about? | 你想聊什么 |
[31:29] | Let’s talk about you. | 就聊聊你吧 |
[31:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:35] | I moved here from San Francisco. | 我从旧金山搬来 |
[31:39] | Um this is new. I just opened. | 这是我新开的诊所 |
[31:43] | I have a son who’s seven years old. | 我有一个7岁的儿子 |
[31:45] | A son? | 你有儿子 |
[31:46] | I love kids. | 我喜欢小孩子 |
[31:49] | They’re short highly emotional people who don’t know anything. | 他们个头不高 但感情丰富 天真无邪 |
[31:52] | They rely on their creativity and imagination to get by in the world | 他们依靠自己的创造力和想象力生活 |
[31:55] | A world I might add filled with giants | 我要补充的是 一个充满巨人的世界 |
[31:57] | An amazing feat. | 是个壮举 |
[32:00] | That’s lovely. I never thought about it like that. | 说得很不错 我从没想到这些 |
[32:06] | What about me? Don’t you want to hear my story? | 我呢 你不想了解我吗 |
[32:11] | Yes. | 想啊 |
[32:15] | Okay thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[32:16] | I moved to Philadelphia 10 years go. | 10年前 我搬来费城 |
[32:20] | I’m trying to write a book about the | 我打算写一本关于 |
[32:22] | History of monsters in movies and literature. | 电影和小说里怪物的历史 |
[32:24] | One day I hope to find a cure | 有一天我希望 |
[32:26] | for people who listen to techno. | 能找到治疗听电子乐人们的方法 |
[32:31] | I read your book. | 我读过你的作品 |
[32:33] | – Oh great. – Careful. | -太好了 -小心点 |
[32:35] | I mean thank you. | 我是说 谢谢你 |
[32:39] | I don’t know what I was expecting | 我不知道自己要什么结局 |
[32:42] | but it wasn’t that. | 但书和我想的有出入 |
[32:44] | Is that good? | 写得好吗 |
[32:45] | Yes yes. | 很好 很好 |
[32:48] | Those were some of the best answers I’ve ever heard. | 那是我看到的最好的答案 |
[32:53] | It’s beautiful really. | 写得很好 真的 |
[33:00] | Does god still talk to you? | 上帝还在跟你说话吗 |
[33:04] | Now more than ever. | 现在比以前说得更多了 |
[34:25] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[34:27] | I made breakfast burritos. you want one? | 我做了玉米煎饼当早餐 你要吃吗 |
[34:29] | No thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[34:30] | Just coffee. | 咖啡就够了 |
[34:45] | It’s like liquid angels. | 就像是液体天使 |
[34:54] | Things aren’t going too well at the bookstore huh? | 书店经营得不顺利 是吧 |
[34:56] | I’m not panicked yet probably because I’m sober. | 我还没抓狂 可能是因为我太清醒了 |
[35:01] | You still going to them A.A. classes? | 你还去给嗜酒者互诫协会上课吗 |
[35:04] | Uh a couple. | 偶尔去 |
[35:08] | It’s good sometimes. | 有时感觉很好 |
[35:10] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:13] | It’s a lot of whining I guess. | 我想可能是因为可以发一大堆牢骚 |
[35:18] | I went to one of those once. | 我也曾经去参加过一次 |
[35:22] | People there made me feel like the luckiest guy alive | 他们让我感觉自己是世上最幸运的人 |
[35:25] | You know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[35:27] | Yeah. | 懂 |
[35:30] | If you want to go again I could scout out some meetings for you. | 如果你再去的话 我可以帮你去找一些 |
[35:33] | – I could. – No. | -我能帮你找 -不用了 |
[35:41] | You look good son. | 儿子 你看起来不错 |
[35:47] | I’m glad. | 我很开心 |
[35:51] | I’m glad. | 我很欣慰 |
[35:57] | Hello Mr. Arlen Faber. | 你好 阿伦·法伯尔先生 |
[35:59] | I just wanted to stop by and drop off this letter. | 我只是路过来送信 |
[36:02] | Who are these people? | 他们是谁 |
[36:04] | Oh I hope you don’t mind. | 我希望你不要介意 |
[36:05] | I was out with my family – and I remembered that I had that. | 我和我家人一起来的 我记得我说过 |
[36:07] | You told.Liar you swore. | 骗子 你发过誓不说出去 |
[36:09] | Now if you just give us one moment | 就一小会儿 |
[36:10] | I can’t help you. do you understand that? | 我爱莫能助 懂吗 |
[36:13] | Go away now. | 走吧 |
[36:16] | # what a friend we have in Arlen # | 我们有个很好的朋友叫阿伦 |
[36:20] | you gotta be fucking kidding. | 开什么玩笑 |
[36:22] | # all our sins and griefs to bear | 我们所承担的罪孽和悲伤 |
[36:29] | Everybody’s been asking for Robert B. Parker. | 所有人都在买罗伯特.B.帕克的书 |
[36:31] | I don’t think we’re gonna get any for two weeks maybe three. | 我觉得我们两三周就进一些 |
[36:36] | Do you mind if I wait? | 你介意我等一下吗 |
[36:49] | Hey. | 你好 |
[36:52] | Sir sir. | 先生 先生 |
[36:55] | Sir. | 等一下 |
[36:57] | Sir sir. | 先生 等一下 |
[37:24] | Terry. | 特丽 |
[37:25] | It’s time Arlen. | 是时候了 阿伦 |
[37:27] | No. | 不行 |
[37:31] | It is not time. no it isn’t. | 还不是时候 还不行 |
[37:34] | You promised me a foreword. | 你答应过我的 |
[37:36] | I already sent you something. | 我已经给你发过去了 |
[37:39] | Yes you did. | 是啊 你发了 |
[37:40] | You wrote “get your own imaginary friend “ | 你写到”交个想象中的朋友” |
[37:43] | Followed by a multiple-choice question about Tom Selleck. | 下面还有关于汤姆·塞莱克的多项选择题 |
[37:47] | Write whatever you want and I’ll sign it. | 随便你写什么吧 我会签名的 |
[37:50] | Listen you have 10% of the god market 10%. | 你有10%的上帝市场 10%啊 |
[37:54] | And I the only person alive who loves you | 我是这个世界上最爱你的人 |
[37:57] | I am asking you to write a couple of pages | 我要你写几篇 |
[38:00] | about the book that you Arlen | 关于你的书 |
[38:03] | Wrote about him God. | 关于上帝的几页文章 |
[38:04] | I’ve said all I can say. | 我已经江郎才尽了 |
[38:07] | Arlen we have let you out of every responsibility | 我们不要你担任何责任 |
[38:10] | Every appearance every book signing for the last 20 years. | 过去20年来的见面会 签名都没麻烦你 |
[38:14] | All we are asking is that you write a couple of pages on the subject. | 我们只要你写几页关于这个话题的东西 |
[38:17] | What is so hard about that? | 有这么难吗 |
[38:20] | Try it sometime and find out. | 你自己试试 就会知道了 |
[38:35] | I’ve been thinking it over and I want to give you my phone number. | 我想了很久 我决定留下我的电话号码 |
[38:41] | I have a boyfriend. | 我已经有男朋友了 |
[38:45] | Not for you. | 不是留给你 |
[38:47] | In case you guys are too busy and have to cancel an appointment. | 以防你们太忙的时候取消预约 |
[38:50] | That’s the reason. | 这是主要原因 |
[39:02] | Do you really have a boyfriend? | 你真有男朋友吗 |
[39:04] | No. | 没有 |
[39:06] | If you did would you want to go on walks with him? | 如果有的话 你愿意和他去散步吗 |
[39:11] | Yes. | 当然 |
[39:13] | Good. | 好 |
[39:21] | Hey you want to walk around? | 你愿不愿意去散散步 |
[39:35] | Another day another stroll with a famous author. | 又过了一天 又和著名作家散了一次步 |
[39:39] | Must be exhausting. | 一定很累 |
[39:40] | Oh you have no idea. | 你体会不到的 |
[39:48] | I hope we’re not breaking some doctor-patient rule here. | 希望我们没有违反医生和病人之间的规定 |
[39:50] | No it’s part of the service. | 不 这也是服务的一部分 |
[39:54] | No I only have three rules | 其实 我只有三条规定 |
[39:56] | Don’t take advice from someone you wouldn’t trade places with; | 不听取那些不会换位思考的人的建议 |
[40:02] | Try not to do something you can’t take back; | 不做没有退路的事情 |
[40:05] | And something is what it is and it’s not something else. | 是就是 不是就不是 |
[40:08] | I forget my rule | 我忘记自己的规定了 |
[40:10] | but I think it has something to do with square dancing. | 但是那和跳方块舞有关系 |
[40:18] | Well this is a street I probably won’t live on. | 我觉得我不会在这条街上住的 |
[40:21] | Oh you never know. anything can happen. | 那可不一定 什么事都会发生 |
[40:23] | Yeah. In the meantime looking’s free. | 是啊 与此期间 还是自由的 |
[40:25] | Well you know what He says. | 你知道他说什么吗 |
[40:28] | No I sure don’t. | 不 不知道 |
[40:32] | “for you and you alone I have made this place kaleidoscope | 为了你 就只为你 我转动地球 转啊转 |
[40:36] | With wonder to keep your eye upon as I turn turn the world.” | 把这个地方变成万花筒 充满奇迹 |
[40:40] | Hmm I don’t remember that from the book. | 我不记得这是书上写的吗 |
[40:49] | # beautiful dreamer wake unto me # # starlight and | *美梦家快醒来 星光* |
[41:01] | #Dewdrops are waiting for thee # | *露珠在等待你* |
[41:07] | – excuse me. – yeah? | -劳驾 -怎么了 |
[41:14] | Do you know where Arlen Faber lives? | 你知道阿伦·法伯尔住哪里吗 |
[41:16] | I do. | 知道 |
[41:19] | – 2032 five blocks down. – thanks. | -向下走5个街区 2023 -谢谢 |
[41:22] | – He threw water on my family. – I’m sorry what? | -他冲我家人泼水 -你说什么 |
[41:25] | We were singing the hymn and he threw a bucket of water on us. | 我们给他唱颂歌 他却泼我们一桶水 |
[41:30] | Be careful with him. | 你还是小心点 |
[41:31] | Maybe he wrote “Me and God ” but he did not read it. | 也许是他写的《我和上帝》 但是他没读过 |
[41:45] | So you’re Arlen Faber. | 你就是阿伦·法伯尔 |
[41:47] | You had no idea I’d be this handsome did you? | 你没想到我这么帅 对吧 |
[41:50] | – I really liked your book. – I know. | -我很喜欢你的书 -我知道 |
[41:52] | But I need to be straight with you right now. | 但是我想有话直说 |
[41:54] | Shoot. | 说吧 |
[41:55] | I can’t accept any more books right now. | 我不想再接受其它的书了 |
[41:57] | And it seems you really want to get rid of some books. | 看起来你很想扔掉一些书 |
[41:59] | Oh you noticed did you? | 你注意到了吗 |
[42:01] | I’m willing to make you a deal. | 我想跟你做个交易 |
[42:03] | I could use a little advice every now and then | 我可以随时听取微不足道的建议 |
[42:05] | Even from someone as obviously crazy as yourself. | 甚至像你这么疯狂的人 |
[42:07] | So here’s I’ll let you trade me books for questions. | 现在你给我书 我提问 |
[42:11] | I have a question | 我有个问题 |
[42:13] | Can you guess how much I hate this idea? | 你知道我有多讨厌这个主意吗 |
[42:17] | More than you would hate every single new-age sandal-wearing | 比不上那些穿着拖鞋 练习瑜伽的书迷 |
[42:20] | Yoga-practicing fanatic who walks into my store knowing where you live? | 到我的书店 问你住在什么地方吧 |
[42:26] | Come on just three books per visit | 每次拜访只要3本书 |
[42:29] | No one knows where you live except for the guy whose family you drenched. | 没有人知道你在哪住 除了那个湿透的家伙 |
[42:47] | Five books and you don’t get to argue with me. | 5本书 你不能跟我争论 |
[42:50] | You ask I answer. that’s it. | 你问 我答 就这样 |
[42:52] | Deal. | 好的 |
[42:52] | Now if we have completed our little faustian bargain | 如果我们完成了浮士德商谈 |
[42:55] | I would like to go back inside and weep for the life I used to have. | 我想进屋去怀念我曾拥有的自由生活 |
[42:58] | – I didn’t get to ask you – yes you did. | -我还没有问问题 -你已经问了 |
[43:10] | So how are you today? | 你今天怎么样 |
[43:12] | Good good. a little stiff but better. | 很好 有点僵硬 但好多了 |
[43:15] | You? | 你呢 |
[43:18] | I’m great really really great. | 我很好 真的很好 |
[43:21] | Yeah? and why is that? | 是吗 有什么喜事吗 |
[43:23] | My son got a 4 on his paper yesterday and he feels really great. | 我儿子昨天考试得了4 而且他很高兴 |
[43:27] | What happened to an “A”? | 怎么不写A |
[43:29] | Why isn’t a 1 perfect? a 4? | 为什么1不好 而是4好 |
[43:32] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[43:34] | Okay and on three. | 好了 继续 我数三下 |
[43:36] | One two three. | 一 二 三 |
[43:43] | Would you like to meet him? | 你想见见他吗 |
[43:48] | Alex this is my friend Arlen. | 阿莱克斯 这是我的朋友阿伦 |
[43:50] | Arlen this is Alex. | 阿伦 这是阿莱克斯 |
[43:52] | Word on the street is you got a 4. | 听说你得了4 |
[43:54] | – any truth to that? – yes. | -是真的吗 -是的 |
[43:56] | – well congratulations. – thank you. | -那祝贺你 -谢谢 |
[43:59] | – it’s nice meeting you. – nice meeting you. | -很高兴认识你 -我也是 |
[44:04] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[44:10] | A great kid. | 孩子真好 |
[44:12] | Yeah? thanks. | 是吗 谢谢 |
[44:14] | You want to know something cool about shaking hands with little people? | 想知道和小孩们握手的趣事吗 |
[44:18] | Uh okay. | 说来听听 |
[44:20] | They see us shaking hands | 他看我们握手 |
[44:21] | But they don’t know that we squeeze the other person’s hand. | 但是他不知道我们会紧握一下对方的手 |
[44:24] | So they just hold hands with you for a couple of seconds. | 所以他们就只和你拉拉手 |
[44:27] | – that is cool. – yeah yeah it really is. | -很有意思 -是的 很有趣 |
[44:33] | See you soon. | 再见 |
[44:49] | Why is everybody shaking my hand? | 为什么大家都和我握手 |
[45:03] | Why can’t I do the things I want to do? | 为什么我不能做自己想做的事情 |
[45:05] | There’s so much I know I’m capable of that I never actually do. | 我掌握多种技能 但从未实践过 |
[45:09] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[45:09] | The trick is to realize that you’re always doing what you want to do | 真正的技能是发现自己一直从事喜欢的事 |
[45:12] | Always. | 经常是这样 |
[45:14] | Nobody’s making you do anything. | 没有人逼你做什么 |
[45:16] | Once you get that | 一旦你得到自己想要的 |
[45:16] | You see that you’re free | 你就自由了 |
[45:18] | And that life is really just a series of choices. | 其实生活只不过是一些严肃的抉择 |
[45:20] | Nothing happens to you. you choose. | 不怪任何人 只是你自己选择的 |
[45:30] | There’s seven books here. | 这里有7本书 |
[45:31] | A pre-coffee penalty two extra books. | 咖啡之前提问要惩罚 外加两本 |
[45:39] | If god made everything | 如果上帝创造了一切 |
[45:40] | Then why are some things bad like for example | 为什么还有坏事 比如说 |
[45:43] | The whole pain-and-suffering thing? | 那些痛苦不堪的事情 |
[45:45] | Opposites | 相对的 |
[45:47] | Without things that suck | 没有糟糕的事情 |
[45:48] | You would have no idea what good was and therefore would be directionless. | 你就不会知道什么是好的 就会失去方向 |
[45:52] | You smell shit and you walk the other way. | 你闻见臭味 你就转身离开 |
[46:09] | Do I have a destiny or is it all free will? | 是命运注定呢 还是全靠自由意志 |
[46:13] | Destiny or free will? | 天命 还是自由意志 |
[46:15] | Free will moving toward or away | 自由意志会随着目标 |
[46:17] | from a purpose. | 向前或向其他方向移动 |
[46:33] | Hello “Straighten Up” healing center. | 你好 “挺胸抬头”治疗中心 |
[46:35] | This is Arlen. | 我是阿伦 |
[46:37] | Elizabeth I felt that our walk was too short the other day. | 伊丽莎白 我觉得前两天我们的散步太短了 |
[46:41] | I asked you to go for a walk. | 我想再邀你散步 |
[46:43] | Perhaps it wasn’t as long as it should be when someone asks for that. | 或许我们不必说要走多长了 |
[46:47] | I don’t usually go for walks with people. | 我很少和别人去散步 |
[46:50] | I forget the protocol. | 我甚至都忘记相关的礼节了 |
[46:52] | What the hell am I talking about? | 我在胡说什么呢 |
[46:54] | I know there’s no walk protocol per se. | 我知道散步本身没有礼节 |
[46:56] | I mean what would that be? what could it be? | 我是说那会是什么样 什么礼节呢 |
[46:59] | Fuck. fuck! | 该死 该死 |
[47:00] | You know I hate answering machines. for this very reason. | 你知道 我讨厌留言机 |
[47:03] | They’re like life you can’t take anything back. | 因为他们就像生活 你不能重来 |
[47:07] | I would like to go out with you. | 我想请你出去 约你出去 |
[47:10] | Did I already say that? tomorrow night. | 我是不是已经说了 明晚 |
[47:12] | And I hope you will call me back on my phone | 我希望你回电话 |
[47:17] | The one here at my home. | 我家的电话 |
[47:20] | – fuck. – that was weird. | -该死 -那真奇怪 |
[47:26] | Play it again. | 再放一遍 |
[47:30] | Are you ready to take control of your life? | 你已经准备好掌控自己的生活了吗 |
[47:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[47:34] | There is one who has all the answers. | 有一个人知道所有的答案 |
[47:37] | All you have to do is ask. | 你要做的就是提问 |
[47:39] | Ask. ask. | 提问 提问 |
[47:42] | I want her to like me but | 我想让她喜欢我 但是 |
[47:46] | Peace is your birthright. | 宁静 是你生来的权利 |
[47:48] | Ask and you shall receive. | 你要 就会拥有 |
[47:51] | Stop interrupting. | 不要打断 |
[47:52] | Wisdom is like a fox in winter. | 智慧就像是冬天的狐狸 |
[47:54] | And the ice is where he dances. | 他在冰上跳舞 |
[48:08] | Kris listen I gotta go. | 克里斯 听着 我得走了 |
[48:10] | I don’t have time to tell you why we dream | 我没有时间告诉为什么会做梦 |
[48:12] | Or help you manifest sanity. | 或帮你理清思路 |
[48:14] | Maybe tomorrow. | 明天吧 |
[48:15] | I’m trying to stay sober | 我一直试图冷静 |
[48:16] | And my dad won’t stop drinking. | 但是我爸爸还是不停地喝酒 |
[48:17] | How can I love him even though he’s selfish and he’s scaring me? | 他这么自私 恐怖 我该怎么办 |
[48:21] | Um that’s hard. | 确实挺难解决的 |
[48:28] | I guess what’s getting in the way are your expectations | 我觉得是你的期望在作怪 |
[48:32] | If he would do “x” then you’d be happy. | 如果他不做x 你就会开心 |
[48:35] | It doesn’t work that way. | 不是那样的 |
[48:38] | I think you have to let go of that and maybe | 我觉得你应该放开一些 |
[48:40] | What you want will happen and maybe it won’t. | 你期望的可能会发生 也可能不会 |
[48:43] | Either way you’re better off. | 不管怎么样 你都没事的 |
[48:47] | And you should go to a.a. meetings. | 你应该去嗜酒者互诫协会 |
[48:51] | – it’s hard. – yes it is. | -这很难 -是的 很难 |
[48:58] | So you want to give me some books or something? | 你还给我书或者其他的东西吗 |
[49:01] | Oh twice as many next time. | 下次加倍 |
[49:07] | I’m sorry about when we met | 很抱歉我们见面的时候 |
[49:09] | The lap-dancing- piercing-festival comment. | 我编排你在穿孔节上跳膝上舞 |
[49:12] | I didn’t know you were having such a hard time. | 我不知道你过得不好 |
[49:15] | So you’re only awful to people that don’t have problems. | 所以你只对过得好的家伙很坏吗 |
[49:18] | It’s good to know. | 这点很好 |
[49:29] | I’m ready to take control of my life. | 我已经准备好控制自己的生活了 |
[49:32] | I’m ready to take control of my life. | 我已经准备好控制自己的生活了 |
[49:35] | I’m ready to take control | 我已经准备好控制 |
[49:41] | Of my life. | 自己的生活了 |
[49:51] | I thought I heard you out here. what are you doing? | 我好像听见你在外面 你在做什么 |
[49:55] | Uh stretching. I was | 我在舒展筋骨 |
[49:57] | I always stretch before I knock. | 我在敲门之前都舒展筋骨 |
[50:03] | Anne we’re going. | 安妮 我们要走了 |
[50:08] | – hi Arlen. – hi Alex. | -你好 阿伦 -你好 阿莱克斯 |
[50:13] | Hi Anne. | 你好 安妮 |
[50:15] | – you wear a lot of hats. – yeah. | -你带了好多帽子 -是的 |
[50:17] | – okay be good for annie. – okay. | -乖 听安妮的话 -好的 |
[50:21] | Mommy will give you a kiss when she gets home. it won’t be too late. | 回来再亲亲你 不会太晚的 |
[50:24] | You know what to do. no sweets tonight okay? just popcorn. | 你知道的 今晚不给他吃糖 只能吃爆米花 |
[50:27] | Call me if you need anything. use the fruit spray. | 有事就打给我 记得用水果喷雾 |
[50:29] | – there’s light bulbs. – you’re freaking out. | -灯泡坏了的话 还有备用的 -你有点抓狂 |
[50:32] | Can he tell? | 他看出来了么 |
[50:35] | – not yet. – not yet what? | -还没 -还没干嘛? |
[50:37] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[50:39] | And there’s just a few more things I put down for you | 还有几件事情 不多 我都写下来了 |
[50:42] | – just a few. – I’ve done this before. | -真的不多 -我又不是第一次来 |
[50:44] | I love you baby. mm I love you. | 爱你 宝贝 妈妈爱你 |
[50:47] | – I love you too mom. – I love you. okay. | -我也爱你 -爱你 |
[50:49] | I love you. I love you. | 爱你爱你 |
[50:51] | have fun. | 玩得开心点 |
[50:54] | The air force should be dropping off supplies in the next couple of days. | 过几天会有空军来投放补给的 |
[50:56] | So see if you can hold on till then. | 希望你们能坚持到那时候 |
[51:08] | You look beautiful. | 你今晚真美 |
[51:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:14] | Take me out arlen. | 我们约会去吧 阿伦 |
[51:43] | This is nice. | 这儿很好啊 |
[51:45] | I bet this is where you take all your chiropractors. | 你所有的治疗师都跟你来过吧 |
[51:48] | Is it obvious? | 显而易见嘛 |
[51:52] | So how did you come to be the angel of alignment? | 你怎么会成为推拿天使的呢 |
[51:56] | Well I needed to start over. | 当时我想从头开始 |
[52:00] | I needed a change. | 我需要改变一下人生 |
[52:03] | And I liked the immediacy of it. | 而且我很喜欢这治疗 它立竿见影 |
[52:05] | People walk in or crawl in hurt | 病人走进来 或者爬进来时很痛苦 |
[52:08] | and when they leave they feel better | 而出去的时候就已经好多了 |
[52:10] | And I did it. | 我的工作就完成了 |
[52:11] | – and the legend is born. – oh. | -神话就产生了 -过奖 |
[52:13] | What good are the gifts we have if we don’t share them? | 有天赋 当然要和大家共享啦 |
[52:16] | I like that we have that in common. | 彼此彼此 |
[52:20] | To a great chiropractor. | 敬你 伟大的脊椎推拿师 |
[52:22] | To a great | 敬你 伟大的 |
[52:26] | Transcriber of thoughts from outer space. | 外太空思想转录者 |
[52:34] | Tell me about alexander. | 跟我说说亚历山大吧 |
[52:36] | Alex. he hates “alexander.” | 叫他阿莱克斯吧 他讨厌亚历山大这名字 |
[52:38] | Alex. | 叫他阿莱克斯 |
[52:40] | He’s great. he’s a great kid. | 他棒极了 他是个难得的孩子 |
[52:42] | He keeps me together just by being around you know? | 只要他呆在我旁边 我心里就特别踏实 |
[52:45] | How often does he see his dad? | 他隔多久见他爸爸一次 |
[52:50] | Oh well he hasn’t seen his father in over three years. | 三年多没见了 |
[52:56] | What happened? | 怎么回事? |
[53:04] | Alex’s dad was one of those guys who always has a great new idea | 这么说吧 他爸爸的奇思异想源源不绝 |
[53:10] | And for a while that was us. | 我就是这样被他吸引 |
[53:13] | And then one day he took alex to the park and told him that he had to | 后来有一天他带阿莱克斯去公园 |
[53:18] | Go away for a little while but he would be back in two weeks | 告诉阿莱克斯他要离开一阵 两周就回来 |
[53:23] | Two weeks. | 两周 |
[53:24] | And that turned into three years. | 后来就变成了三年 |
[53:26] | Alex was just so little that I hope he you know forgot. | 当时阿莱克斯还小 我希望他能忘记这件事 |
[53:34] | Really I should have known better. | 其实我该早点想到的 |
[53:36] | – oh no. – are you okay? | -这不对 -你还好吗 |
[53:38] | – fuck no. – arlen? | -这他妈不对 -阿伦? |
[53:40] | Don’t move. | 稍等 |
[53:46] | If you don’t stop playing that song I will chew through my wrists. | 就弹刚才那首 别停 否则我就死在这儿 |
[54:00] | Where were we? | 刚说到哪了 |
[54:02] | I guess I was just boring you with stories about my life. | 无聊吧 我一直说自己的故事 |
[54:05] | No no no please. I’m sorry. | 不是不是 请继续 我不该打断你的 |
[54:07] | No this is a nice place and I’m bringing it down. | 不要 我会破坏掉这里的好气氛 |
[54:09] | No I’m listening. | 别停啊 我愿意听的 |
[54:10] | He’s listening. | 他也愿意听 |
[54:16] | What do you want to hear? | 你愿意听我说什么呢 |
[54:17] | you want to hear about how I’m so freaked out | 说 我现在是多么紧张 |
[54:19] | that I’m not doing everything I can; | 多么怕自己没有竭尽所能地努力 |
[54:21] | That I’m so freaked out all the time; | 说 我一天到晚都这么紧张 |
[54:23] | That I’m afraid that I’m not doing enough; | 怕自己所做的努力远远不够 |
[54:26] | And that that fear is turning me into somebody I don’t want to be | 说 这紧张感把我变得 让我自己都讨厌 |
[54:29] | And I can’t stop it? | 我却无法克制恐惧 |
[54:30] | you have no idea what it’s like | 你根本不知道这是什么感觉 |
[54:32] | To be pulled all the time | 神经一直这么紧绷着 |
[54:34] | I mean not by alex but by this idea | 不是因为阿莱克斯 而是因为我心里害怕 |
[54:36] | that I’m not doing enough; | 怕我做得这些远远不够 |
[54:37] | That I am not enough. | 怕我一个人对阿莱克斯来说远远不够 |
[54:41] | He knows. | 上帝都知道的 |
[54:44] | And he wants you to know that | 他还想告诉你 |
[54:45] | you are enough and so much more. | 你一个人完全能照顾他 而且能照顾得很好 |
[54:48] | You are here so god can experience the world through your eyes | 坚持生活 上帝才能通过你的双眼体验世界 |
[54:53] | See what you see feel what you feel. | 见你所见 感你所感 |
[54:56] | Every day he can’t wait to see what you’ll do | 他每天都迫不及待想看到你 看你做了什么 |
[55:00] | What makes you laugh What moves you | 为了什么高兴 为了什么感动 |
[55:04] | He can’t wait. | 他看得兴味盎然 |
[55:05] | Every day through you | 日复一日 在你的帮助下 |
[55:07] | he falls in love with the world all over again. | 他重新爱上了这个世界 |
[55:12] | Elizabeth you are his muse. | 你就是他的缪斯 给他灵感 给他启迪 |
[55:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[55:30] | Oh my god it’s so beautiful. | 天啊 这儿太漂亮了 |
[55:33] | Yes it is. | 我也觉得 |
[55:34] | I bet you have some great parties here. | 在这办过不少热闹派对吧 |
[55:37] | Oh no one has been in here for five years. | 没有 这是五年来第一次有人进来 |
[55:42] | Five years? | 五年? |
[55:43] | Since my father died. | 五年前我父亲去世了 |
[55:46] | Oh I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[55:49] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[55:54] | don’t touch that. | 别碰那琴 |
[55:57] | I won’t. | 好的 |
[55:59] | Hey I want to show you something. | 来 给你看点东西 |
[56:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[56:21] | This is my office. | 这是我的办公室 |
[56:23] | I know. I saw the sign. | 我知道 外面有标志 |
[56:25] | Why are there signs everywhere? | 为什么到处贴着标签呢 |
[56:26] | Because my dad had alzheimer’s and in the | 当时我父亲得了老年痴呆 |
[56:29] | End it was hard for him to remember things. | 到了后来 他就记不清事情了 |
[56:31] | So the signs helped for a while. | 当时这些标签挺有用 有用了一阵子吧 |
[56:41] | I kind of collect them. | 我的一点小收藏 |
[56:43] | My dad and I used to watch monster movies together. | 以前我和我爸爸常看怪物电影 |
[56:46] | And I kept the models from when I was a kid. | 我从小收集这些模型 |
[56:47] | And over the years you know | 日积月累 就这样了 |
[56:49] | I’d pick up another one at a garage sale or a science-fiction expo. | 有的是二手的 有的是科幻展览偷来的 |
[56:54] | I really like them. | 我特别喜欢它们 |
[56:56] | And I think I’ve got a pretty good collection | 我觉得收藏得挺多挺好 |
[57:00] | If you like that sort of thing. | 你应该也喜欢吧 |
[57:02] | Maybe not. it’s not for everybody. | 或许你不喜欢 这不是人人都喜欢的 |
[57:04] | It’s dumb I guess. we should go. | 有点傻是吗 我们还是出去吧 |
[57:06] | No I love ’em. | 不 我喜欢这些模型 |
[57:11] | I think they’re wonderful. | 它们棒极了 |
[57:13] | – you do? – yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[57:17] | What are they doing all crammed in here though? | 可让它们挤在这里面干什么呢 |
[57:18] | You should put them out. god knows you have the room. | 拿出来嘛 上帝都知道你这儿有的是地方 |
[57:21] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[57:29] | There that’s better. | 放这儿吧 这样好多了 |
[57:31] | But I don’t want it there. I want it back with the other monsters. | 我不想放那儿 让它好好和其他怪兽呆着吧 |
[57:34] | Okay just try it out. | 哎呀 摆这儿试一下嘛 |
[57:37] | Consider it an experiment. | 就当是做实验 |
[57:41] | Arlen | 阿伦 |
[57:44] | Thank you for bringing me here. | 谢谢你带我来 |
[57:46] | Oh | 没什么 |
[57:48] | You caught me off-guard tonight. | 今晚 我对你完全没有抵抗力啊 |
[57:50] | Tell me am I the first girl to see your monsters? | 告诉我 我是第一个参观你收藏的女孩子吗 |
[57:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[57:58] | Just give me one second all right? | 稍等一下好吗 |
[58:04] | Don’t go away. | 别走开啊 |
[58:09] | I’m blowing it again aren’t i? | 我又搞砸了 是不是 |
[58:13] | No | 还好啦 |
[58:14] | I love it when I’m about to kiss someone | 我很喜欢这样 我嘴都撅起来了 |
[58:16] | And they leave me to protect a plastic toy. | 人家却跑去保护塑料小人儿 |
[58:21] | But | 可是 |
[58:24] | A kiss is so much better knowing they’re safe. | 确认他们没事儿 我才能好好享受这个吻啊 |
[58:40] | I gotta just remember to let that shit go you know what I mean? | 我他妈得放手 是吧 |
[58:43] | It’s just a car right? it’s not life-or-death. | 不就是辆车嘛 有什么大不了 |
[58:47] | Wasn’t that long ago | 换了不久前 |
[58:48] | if somebody cut me off I’d go on a three-day binge. | 要是我爹娘不给我遗产 我就大醉三天 |
[58:51] | And now I just pray silently for their death. | 现在么 我只会冷静地祈祷 咒他们早死 |
[59:01] | Hi my name is ross and I’m an alcoholic. | 大家好 我叫罗斯 我是个酒鬼 |
[59:04] | Hi ross. | 你好 罗斯 |
[59:06] | That’s about all the time that we have | 我们曾经是酒鬼 现在应该不是了吧 |
[59:09] | Unless anyone has a burning desire. | 现在应该没人想喝了 |
[59:12] | What about you | 你呢 |
[59:14] | The newcomer? | 新来的? |
[59:20] | Fine. you want me to say something? | 好啊 你要听我说吗 |
[59:24] | How about this? | 这段怎么样 |
[59:26] | I fucking hate this. | 我讨厌这样 |
[59:28] | I fucking hate that I have to be here. | 讨厌我非得呆在这 |
[59:30] | And I fucking hate all of you and your pathetic little stories. | 我烦死你们了 烦死这些感人破故事了 |
[59:34] | I can’t believe I’ve ended up here. | 我怎么也想不到自己最后竟然沦落到这儿 |
[59:36] | It’s fucked. I’m fucked. | 太他妈悲剧了 我就是一悲剧 |
[59:39] | And you’re fucked too. | 你们也一样 |
[59:41] | – I hear that. – I hear that. | -说得对 -说得好 |
[59:43] | – I hear that too. | 就是这样 |
[59:47] | Listen I’ve got a great plan. | 我已经打好了如意算盘 |
[59:49] | I think what I’ll do is walk around at night tripping the locals | 等天一黑 我就上街 把路人挨个绊倒 |
[59:52] | Throwing their backs out of alignment. | 然后扔到你妈妈那儿去做推拿 |
[59:53] | It’s tough work but the war needs soldiers. | 任重而道远啊 不过我决定迎难而上 |
[59:55] | Well that sounds great. when can you start? | 你真是太伟大了 什么时候开工 |
[1:00:00] | Good luck on the moon. we always knew you could do it. | 月球上一切顺利 我们看好你哟 |
[1:00:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:07] | Gee you think he’s gonna be safe? | 上帝啊 他会平安无事的吧 |
[1:00:09] | Are you making fun of me? | 你取笑我? |
[1:00:11] | No I was just making fun of that inquisition holdover of a car seat. | 没有啦 我是取笑那车座 跟审讯椅似的 |
[1:00:16] | One more strap I think you could get him to confess. | 你再多捆一道 他肯定坦白从宽 |
[1:00:19] | Keeps him safe. | 这能保护他的安全 |
[1:00:24] | – okay I’ll see you later. – yeah | -好吧 回头见 -回头见 |
[1:00:38] | So what’s the deal with heaven and hell anyway? | 天堂和地狱到底是怎么一回事呢 |
[1:00:41] | I’ve seen hell | 我见过地狱啊 |
[1:00:42] | and it’s name is reno nevada. | 内华达的里诺(“离婚之都”)就是嘛 |
[1:00:48] | I can’t believe god would punish people for not believing in him. | 不信上帝会遭天谴 我才不信 |
[1:00:51] | Ah the rapture. | 《欢天喜地》(反基督电影) |
[1:00:53] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[1:00:55] | Well I like to think of it as a monster movie. | 我喜欢把你这种情绪类比为一部怪物电影 |
[1:00:58] | The monster destroys some people and spares others. | 讲的是怪物消灭一些人 放过了其他人 |
[1:01:01] | So who is the monster? | 那怪物是谁啊 |
[1:01:04] | God. | 上帝呗 |
[1:01:06] | God is the monster. | 上帝就是那怪物 |
[1:01:14] | Have you been to the chiropractor recently? | 最近您推拿了吗 |
[1:01:17] | “straighten up” healing center | “挺胸抬头”治疗中心 |
[1:01:19] | We’ll heal you as you straighten. | 我们承诺 让您身躯倍儿挺 腰板倍儿直 |
[1:01:21] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[1:01:22] | “straighten up” healing center. | “挺胸抬头”治疗中心欢迎您 |
[1:01:24] | Have you been to the chiropractor recently? | 最近您推拿了吗 |
[1:01:26] | What are you doing? | 你这是在干嘛啊 |
[1:01:29] | Elizabeth said we needed to get the word out. | 伊丽莎白说我们要出来宣传宣传 |
[1:01:31] | Nobody wants to talk to a spine. | 谁会想和一截脊梁骨说话啊 |
[1:01:33] | We’re offering a discount. | 我们打折呢 |
[1:01:35] | – a spine? – I don’t mind. | -脊梁骨 -我不介意啊 |
[1:01:38] | “straighten up” healing center. | “挺胸抬头”治疗中心 |
[1:01:40] | – a spine? – a spine makes you come here too | -脊梁骨? -你不也是因为脊梁骨才来嘛 |
[1:01:42] | Bye mr. mankowitz. see you next week. | 慢走 马考维兹先生 下周见 |
[1:01:44] | We’re a new business. we have to advertise. | 我们刚开张 得打打广告嘛 |
[1:01:46] | Is that helping your business? | 这样打广告有用么 |
[1:01:49] | Oh no. | 噢 不 |
[1:01:52] | Honey how did that happen? | 亲爱的 怎么会这样 |
[1:01:54] | – we got you. – hang in there anne. | -我们来帮你 -别着急 安妮 |
[1:01:56] | We’ve got a bone saw around here somewhere. | 骨锯马上就来 |
[1:01:58] | That’s so funny. | 你真幽默 |
[1:02:00] | Honey we’ll get you out of it. | 亲爱的别急 马上就把你弄出来 |
[1:02:02] | – Oh. – oh no. are you okay? | -噢 -不是吧 你还好吗 |
[1:02:04] | – I’ll go home. – go home now? | -我要回家 -现在吗 |
[1:02:06] | – well that sucked. – oh no. | -这玩意烂透了 -别这样啊 |
[1:02:09] | I’m so sorry. are you coming back? | 真是对不起 你会回来吧 |
[1:02:13] | Do you want me to call you later? | 我过一会打给你? |
[1:02:15] | What are we gonna do with you? | 她走了你怎么办呢 |
[1:02:19] | I can take him to the park. | 我可以带他去公园啊 |
[1:02:21] | – okay. – no that’s okay. | -好啊 -不用不用 我们搞得定的 |
[1:02:23] | It’s more complicated than you think. | 这事太麻烦了 |
[1:02:25] | I can take a kid to a park. | 带小孩去公园 我还是搞得定的 |
[1:02:27] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:02:29] | – wanna do that? – yes. | -想去吗 -想 |
[1:02:31] | Yes? | 确定? |
[1:02:33] | – okay go to the park. – come on. | -行啊 去公园吧 -来 |
[1:02:35] | Just to the park though right? be careful. | 只能去公园啊 小心点 |
[1:02:37] | I mean have fun. be careful. | 我是说 玩得高兴点 小心点啊 |
[1:02:40] | Just the park. have fun. | 只能去公园 好好玩 |
[1:02:45] | I don’t ever want to step on a nail. | 我从来没想过要弄伤自己呀 |
[1:02:48] | Got it. | 我知道 |
[1:02:54] | In your house do you have a favorite towel? | 在家里 有没有哪条毛巾是你最喜欢的呀 |
[1:02:57] | Yes. | 有的 |
[1:03:02] | I can read upside down. | 我倒着也能看书 |
[1:03:08] | Hey I got something for you. | 来 送你个小玩意 |
[1:03:18] | It’s a proper vehicle for future missions. | 这是你未来使命的交通工具 |
[1:03:26] | What are you waiting for? go play already. | 你在这干什么 玩去吧 |
[1:03:28] | – can i? – yeah get out of here. | -我能去吗 -当然 玩去吧 |
[1:03:37] | I don’t really have a favorite towel. | 我其实没有特别喜欢哪条毛巾 |
[1:03:39] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[1:03:47] | Bring it in. bring it in. | 开进来 开进来 |
[1:03:49] | That’s it. come on. | 就这样 继续开 |
[1:03:51] | Circle the airport. circle the airport. | 围机场盘旋一圈 围机场盘旋一圈 |
[1:03:54] | That’s it. bring it in. | 好了 开进来 |
[1:04:04] | Kris now is not a good time. | 克里斯 现在不合适 |
[1:04:06] | My dad died today. | 我爸今天去世了 |
[1:04:11] | – my dad died today. – oh my god. | -我爸今天去世了 -天哪 |
[1:04:13] | I didn’t know where else to go so I just came here. | 我不知道我能去哪里 所以我就来这了 |
[1:04:15] | I know it’s not our regular time | 我知道这个时间不太合适 |
[1:04:17] | So you can give me some extra books if you want to. | 所以你可以多给我几本书 |
[1:04:19] | – what’s he talking about? – nothing. kris now is not a good time. | -这是什么意思 -没什么 克里斯 现在不合适 |
[1:04:22] | I’m thirsty. | 我很渴 |
[1:04:24] | Yeah arlen get him something to drink. | 是啊 阿伦 给他弄点喝的吧 |
[1:04:26] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[1:04:30] | I’ve never been in here. | 我从来没进来过 |
[1:04:32] | – the place is huge. – it is. | -这里真宽敞 -是啊 |
[1:04:34] | He’s got nice stuff. | 他的收藏真不错 |
[1:04:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:04:53] | So I came home and I found him. | 我回到家时看见他 |
[1:04:56] | He was sitting at the table doing a crossword puzzle. | 他坐在桌子前在做填字游戏 |
[1:05:01] | He never does crossword puzzles. | 他从来不做填字游戏 |
[1:05:03] | Kris just got out of rehab. | 克里斯刚刚戒了酒 |
[1:05:07] | Oh. are you okay? | 这样啊 你感觉怎么样 |
[1:05:11] | Hey let’s not talk. let’s just sit here. | 咱们别说话 就在这坐坐吧 |
[1:05:13] | That’s a good idea. | 这主意不错 |
[1:05:19] | What did you mean about extra books? | 你刚才说多给几本书是什么意思 |
[1:05:21] | I own a little bookstore “book trader.” | 我开了个书店 叫”书商” |
[1:05:24] | Oh yeah that’s where I bought your book. | 哦 我就是在那买的你的书 |
[1:05:26] | Perfect. | 太棒了 |
[1:05:27] | Arlen tried to sell me back some books and I couldn’t afford it. | 阿伦曾想卖书给我 但我买不起了 |
[1:05:30] | So he freaked out. | 他大发雷霆 |
[1:05:30] | And now I come to his house and exchange books for questions. | 所以我到他这来以问题为交换收书 |
[1:05:33] | You make him pay for his questions with books? | 你让他用书换答案? |
[1:05:36] | – totally fair. – no it’s not. it’s awful. | -这非常公平 -不 一点不公平 这很过分 |
[1:05:38] | You haven’t heard the questions. | 你又没听到他的那些问题 |
[1:05:40] | Arlen I can’t feel anything | 阿伦 我没有任何感觉 |
[1:05:42] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[1:05:44] | I should be able to feel something shouldn’t i? | 我应该有感觉的 对吗 |
[1:05:56] | Do you like working at the bookstore? | 你喜欢在书店工作吗 |
[1:06:01] | I love the bookstore | 我爱我的书店 |
[1:06:02] | All those ideas somebody cared enough about to put all that work into. | 爱那些投入了大量精力的观点和想法 |
[1:06:07] | I could never do anything like that. | 我一定做不到那样的事 |
[1:06:10] | Sometimes I’ll just stand in the middle of the store at | 有时在夜里我会站在书店中央 |
[1:06:13] | Night and imagine that all those authors are surrounding me. | 想着那些作者都围绕在我的旁边 |
[1:06:16] | I close my eyes and pretend that they’re trying to tell me something. | 我闭上眼睛想象他们在跟我说话 |
[1:06:20] | They are. they’re saying “give me your money.” | 他们是在跟你说话 他们说:”把钱拿来” |
[1:06:28] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[1:06:29] | What else do you love about the bookstore? | 你还喜欢书店的什么? |
[1:06:38] | I love that I feel safe there. | 我在那里感到非常安全 |
[1:06:42] | Safe from what? | 你害怕什么 |
[1:06:44] | – I don’t know. – yes you do. | -我不知道 -不 你知道 |
[1:06:47] | No. | 不 |
[1:06:49] | Come on safe from what? | 你知道的 你怕什么 |
[1:06:55] | Safe | 怕 |
[1:06:59] | Safe from being scared all the time | 怕那种一直被惊吓的感觉 |
[1:07:02] | All the time. | 一直 |
[1:07:05] | I get so tired of it. | 我太厌恶那感觉了 |
[1:07:08] | I get so tired of being scared. | 我太厌恶被惊吓的感觉了 |
[1:07:22] | My dad died today. | 我爸今天去世了 |
[1:07:24] | I know baby. | 我知道 宝贝 |
[1:07:26] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:07:29] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 很遗憾 |
[1:07:39] | – will you be okay? – yeah. | -你会好起来吗 -会的 |
[1:07:42] | Come by the office this week okay | 有空到我那里去 好吗 |
[1:07:44] | A free adjustment? | 我给你免费检查 |
[1:07:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:07:54] | Hey I’m around you know. if you need anything you can come by. | 我就在这 知道吗 你需要什么随时过来 |
[1:07:56] | We’ll see. | 回头再说吧 |
[1:08:01] | – hey you want to ? – I need to go. | -你想去 -我要走了 |
[1:08:09] | Why is it that when you’re with me you say the most amazing things | 你跟我在一起时 总能说出那些惊人的话来 |
[1:08:12] | But when some broken-down kid who’s lost his dad needs you | 怎么一个丧父的可怜孩子向你求助的时候 |
[1:08:16] | Nothing. why is that? | 你什么都不说 为什么 |
[1:08:19] | It’s complicated. | 这很复杂 |
[1:08:20] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:08:22] | I would think something like that | 我以为做那样的事 |
[1:08:23] | is easy for arlen faber. | 对阿伦·法伯尔来说是小菜一碟呢 |
[1:08:25] | Hey would you just ? | 你能不能小点 |
[1:08:29] | What? what is it arlen? | 怎么了 怎么回事阿伦 |
[1:08:31] | What are you hiding? | 你在躲什么 |
[1:08:36] | Time’s up. | 我们到此为止 |
[1:08:40] | You can’t do this. | 你不能这样 |
[1:08:44] | I showed you my monsters. | 我都给你看我的怪物收藏了 |
[1:08:51] | Are you really arlen faber? | 你真的是阿伦·法伯尔吗 |
[1:08:55] | No. | 不是 |
[1:08:56] | And neither is arlen faber. | 阿伦·法伯尔自己也不是阿伦·法伯尔 |
[1:09:41] | Anne it’s me. I’m calling again. I’m so sorry. | 安妮 又是我 我太抱歉了 |
[1:09:42] | I promised I wouldn’t call again. I know I know. | 我发誓不再打给你的 我知道 我知道 |
[1:09:44] | I just wanted to tell you one more time I’m so sorry. | 我只是想再跟你说一遍 我很抱歉 |
[1:09:46] | I’ll never make you wear a costume again. | 我再也不让你穿奇装异服了 |
[1:09:47] | just a minute. | 马上就来 |
[1:09:49] | I promise not even for halloween. | 我保证 甚至在万圣节的时候 |
[1:09:51] | So please if there’s | 拜托了 如果你 |
[1:09:59] | So when I figured out it was him | 当我知道他是谁是 |
[1:10:00] | He agreed to help me as long as I didn’t tell anybody who he is. | 他答应帮我 只要我不跟别人说他是谁 |
[1:10:03] | Why doesn’t he want anyone to know who he is? | 他为什么不想让人知道他是谁 |
[1:10:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:10:07] | Maybe it’s because he’s supposed to have all the answers | 也许因为人人都以为他无所不知 |
[1:10:10] | And he’s a disaster. | 但他的生活却是场灾难 |
[1:10:12] | are you his girlfriend or something? | 你是他的女朋友吗 |
[1:10:17] | – no. – were you before I told you he wore a disguise? | -不是 -在我告诉你事情原委前是吗 |
[1:10:23] | No but that didn’t help. | 也不是 不过你可没帮忙 |
[1:10:24] | Do you like him? | 你喜欢他吗 |
[1:10:29] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[1:10:30] | All done. | 好了 |
[1:10:35] | Well I’ll come by the bookstore this week. | 我这周抽空到你书店看看 |
[1:10:37] | Better hurry. might be going-out-of-business sale time for me. | 你最好抓紧 我可能要停业大甩卖了 |
[1:10:45] | Yeah the first one’s free then they own you. | 给他们免费检查一次 他们就欠你的了 |
[1:11:01] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:11:02] | Hi it’s elizabeth. | 我是伊丽莎白 |
[1:11:06] | Calling to apologize? | 来道歉的? |
[1:11:07] | No look I need to ask you a favor. | 不是 我需要你的帮助 |
[1:11:10] | Well word on the street is I don’t help anyone. | 大家都知道我从来不帮人 |
[1:11:13] | Look anne isn’t here. | 安妮不在这 |
[1:11:16] | I have a client. I’m stuck. | 我又有病人 我没办法了 |
[1:11:19] | I’m not hearing a favor in here. | 我不知道要帮什么 |
[1:11:20] | I can’t believe I’m gonna ask you to do this | 我都不敢相信我请你帮这个忙 |
[1:11:22] | But could you please go and pick up alex from school | 你能不能到学校去接阿莱克斯 |
[1:11:24] | And bring him to your place and I’ll pick him up later? | 然后把他接到你家去 我下班后去你家接他 |
[1:11:26] | And do not talk to anyone. | 还有 不要和任何人说话 |
[1:11:28] | No talking. | 不许说话 |
[1:11:30] | And I told them you’re my brother. | 我告诉他们你是我哥 |
[1:11:32] | – you what? – I had to. | -什么 -我不得不那样 |
[1:11:34] | Just please go and get him and bring him back. | 就请麻烦你去接他一次吧 |
[1:11:38] | Just get in and get out. | 进去 然后出来 |
[1:11:40] | Pick him up bring him back do not talk. got it. | 接着他 带到我家 不许跟人说话 知道了 |
[1:11:48] | Hey buddy. | 小老弟 |
[1:11:50] | Your mom asked me to come and get you. | 你妈让我来接你 |
[1:11:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:11:57] | Are you here for alexander? | 你是来接亚历山大的吗 |
[1:12:00] | Yes alex. | 是的 来接阿莱克斯 |
[1:12:01] | – oh you must be the brother. – correct. | -那你一定是她哥哥了 -对 |
[1:12:04] | Oh I was expecting to see her today. | 我今天本来要见她的 |
[1:12:07] | Today is conference day. | 今天是家长会 |
[1:12:09] | She had a medical emergency. | 她有急诊 |
[1:12:11] | So I’m just gonna take alex home now. | 那我就先接阿莱克斯回家了 |
[1:12:12] | See | 是这样 |
[1:12:12] | I’m afraid that could affect alexander getting into the advanced program. | 我怕这会影响到亚历山大进高级班 |
[1:12:16] | Oh well you could just tell me. | 这样啊 那你跟我说吧 |
[1:12:20] | After all I’m her brother. | 我毕竟是她哥嘛 |
[1:12:21] | Fine. okay. | 好吧 |
[1:12:23] | – this will just take a minute. – okay. | -我们就聊一会儿 -好的 |
[1:12:26] | Okay well come on in. | 那好吧 请进 |
[1:12:31] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[1:12:34] | Where are my ? | 我的东西 |
[1:12:36] | If you would | 你请 |
[1:12:38] | That’s nice. | 太好了 |
[1:12:54] | I don’t believe we’ve met. | 我想我们以前没见过吧 |
[1:12:58] | I’m zebulon. | 我叫纪伯伦 |
[1:13:00] | Uncle zebulon. | 纪伯伦舅舅 |
[1:13:06] | Well alexander | 好吧 关于亚历山大 |
[1:13:08] | First let me say what a joy he is to have in class. | 首先我想说 很高兴班里有他 |
[1:13:11] | He’s a very creative child and he makes friends with everyone. | 他很有创造力 他和所有的孩子都是朋友 |
[1:13:15] | If one of the other students is hurt or upset | 每当有孩子受伤或难过的时候 |
[1:13:17] | Alexander’s always the first one to show them comfort. | 亚历山大都第一个去安慰他们 |
[1:13:20] | He’s quite empathetic. | 他非常体贴入微 |
[1:13:23] | And empathetic is good. | 体贴入微是优点 |
[1:13:25] | – great. – but in some of the other areas | -太棒了 -但是在某些方面 |
[1:13:28] | Empathy reading friendship what else is there? | 体贴 读书 交朋友 还有别的吗 |
[1:13:31] | Well math. | 但是 他的数学 |
[1:13:33] | He’s far behind the other students. | 比其他的孩子差得多 |
[1:13:35] | He still struggles with arithmetic while the | 他还在琢磨加减法 |
[1:13:37] | Other students have moved on to multiplication. | 而其他同学都开始学乘法了 |
[1:13:42] | Well you’re the teacher. | 不过 你是他的老师 |
[1:13:43] | Aren’t you supposed to be able to find a way to teach it to him? | 你不是应该想办法教会他吗 |
[1:13:49] | I have 26 students. | 我有26个学生 |
[1:13:51] | I can’t devote all of my time to one student. | 我不能把所有精力投入到一个学生身上 |
[1:13:54] | And alexander still needs to learn our very first lesson. | 而且亚历山大仍需要学第一课的内容 |
[1:14:02] | And he’s also oh how do I say this? | 而且他还很 我还该怎么说呢 |
[1:14:07] | Well immature. | 他很幼稚 |
[1:14:10] | He’s seven. | 他才七岁 |
[1:14:12] | Yes | 是的 |
[1:14:12] | But he still jokes with his seatmates during a lesson | 但他总是在上课时间和同桌开玩笑 |
[1:14:15] | And sometimes while we’re trying to have peaceful time. | 有时我们需要一些安静的时间 |
[1:14:19] | The other students still have to learn all the same lessons | 其他的学生还要学习呢 |
[1:14:22] | And alexander often makes this difficult. | 亚历山大总是打扰他们 |
[1:14:25] | I think if alexander’s really going to thrive | 我想如果我们真想亚历山大学好的话 |
[1:14:26] | Let me stop you right there. | 我想请你停一停 |
[1:14:28] | I’m gonna tell you a couple of things. | 我要告诉你几件事 |
[1:14:30] | All kids develop in different ways at | 所有的孩子在不同的时间 |
[1:14:32] | Different times and in different directions. | 都有不同的成长方式和成长方向 |
[1:14:35] | Now I am confident that alex at some point | 我相信阿莱克斯总有一天会学会看表 |
[1:14:39] | will be able to tell | 学会找零钱 |
[1:14:40] | Time and make change which let’s face it just about covers it. | 这只需要 容我直言 你只要教会他就行了 |
[1:14:46] | I don’t think you’re hearing me. | 我想你没听懂我的意思 |
[1:14:48] | What I am hearing is that alex is not a | 我听到的只是阿莱克斯不适合做 |
[1:14:51] | Good candidate to be a robot in your clone army. | 你那克隆大军里的一个机器人 |
[1:14:54] | Zebulon | 纪伯伦 |
[1:14:56] | We’re gonna work on the math okay? | 我们会努力学数学的 好吧 |
[1:14:58] | In the meantime | 但是同时 |
[1:14:59] | Why don’t you try not making him feel like being who he is is the problem? | 你能不能不使阿莱克斯觉得做他自己不好 |
[1:15:02] | That’s what happened to you and me remember? | 我们小时候就有同样的遭遇 记得吗 |
[1:15:08] | Oh and by the way his name is alex. | 还有 顺便提一句 他的名字是阿莱克斯 |
[1:15:10] | He fucking hates “alexander.” | 他不喜欢被叫做亚历山大 |
[1:15:19] | Am I in trouble? | 我有麻烦了吗 |
[1:15:20] | I think we got her right where we want her. | 我想我们把她搞定了 |
[1:15:22] | She says you’re a great kid | 她说你很棒 |
[1:15:23] | But maybe you could not tell jokes while she’s talking. | 不过在她讲课的时候你最好别讲笑话了 |
[1:15:26] | – okay. – oh and by the way if she asks I’m your uncle. | -好的 -还有 万一她问你 你就说我是你舅舅 |
[1:15:31] | My name is zebulon. zebulon | 我叫纪伯伦 纪伯伦 |
[1:15:34] | A hebrew name means “exalted.” | 希伯来语 尊贵的意思 |
[1:15:39] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[1:15:41] | My mom says that meat is poisonous and it can make you sick. | 我妈说肉有毒 会让你生病的 |
[1:15:46] | And I say if that’s not the best hamburger you have ever had in your life | 如果这不是你吃过的最好吃的汉堡 |
[1:15:52] | I’ll change my name to denise and run into the sea. | 我就改名为丹尼斯 然后跳海 |
[1:15:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:16:33] | This is a nice piano. | 这钢琴很漂亮 |
[1:16:35] | Yes it is. | 是啊 |
[1:16:38] | – can you play it? – a little. | -你会弹吗 -会一点 |
[1:16:40] | Will you play me something? | 弹给我听好吗 |
[1:16:42] | No I don’t want to. | 不 我不想弹 |
[1:16:44] | How come? | 为什么 |
[1:16:47] | Well it was my father’s and he died | 这是我父亲的钢琴 他去世了 |
[1:16:50] | and playing it reminds me of him. | 弹起它会让我想起他 |
[1:16:53] | Was he nice? | 他人好吗 |
[1:16:55] | Yes he was. | 是的 他很好 |
[1:16:58] | Do you miss him? | 你想他吗 |
[1:17:00] | Very much. | 很想 |
[1:17:01] | Yes I do. | 我很想他 |
[1:17:04] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[1:17:08] | – can I ask you a question? – mm-hmm. | -我能问你个问题吗 -可以 |
[1:17:13] | How long is two weeks? | 两个星期有多长 |
[1:17:21] | It’s okay. I don’t know either. | 没关系 我也不知道 |
[1:17:34] | Hi. hi buddy. | 小伙子 |
[1:17:36] | Oh a big hug. | 来抱下 |
[1:17:37] | Thanks for watching him. it won’t happen again. | 谢谢你照看他 仅此一次 |
[1:17:41] | No problem really. | 不用谢 真的 |
[1:17:42] | – bye arlen. – bye. | -再见 阿伦 -再见 |
[1:17:44] | Sorry for the imposition. | 抱歉麻烦你 |
[1:17:46] | We had a good time. | 我们玩得很开心 |
[1:17:48] | – elizabeth. – yeah? | -伊丽莎白 -怎么了 |
[1:17:53] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[1:18:00] | Come on you. did you have fun? | 来 你玩得开心吗 |
[1:18:03] | Hamburgers? | 汉堡包 |
[1:18:05] | Who thought that was a good idea? | 谁认为那是好主意 |
[1:18:39] | Kris. | 克里斯 |
[1:18:43] | – kris are you there? – go away. | -克里斯 你在吗 -别过来 |
[1:19:06] | What’s up with the bottle? | 瓶子怎么了 |
[1:19:08] | My dad’s funeral was today. | 今天举行了我父亲的葬礼 |
[1:19:12] | I was the only person that knew. | 我是唯一知道的人 |
[1:19:14] | Oh well I’m sure there were some people who couldn’t make it you know. | 我想有些人是没办法参加的 |
[1:19:18] | No. | 不 |
[1:19:20] | You said everyone’s life is either moving toward or away from a purpose. | 你说过 人要么向一个目标前进 要么偏离 |
[1:19:25] | Maybe my purpose is to drink. | 也许我的人生目标就是喝酒 |
[1:19:30] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[1:19:34] | When I came to you | 当我去找你的时候 |
[1:19:36] | I really thought you could help me. | 我真的以为你可以帮到我 |
[1:19:38] | And you know what? you did. | 你知道吗 你确实帮到了 |
[1:19:40] | You helped me realize that all my worst fears are true. | 你让我知道我最害怕的东西都是真实的 |
[1:19:44] | I mean you had the man on the phone | 我是说 有人给你打电话 |
[1:19:48] | and this is what it did for you. | 而这就是它为你做的 |
[1:19:55] | So I may as well go ahead and drink. | 所以我可能会继续酗酒 |
[1:19:57] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[1:20:03] | Congratulations arlen. | 恭喜你 阿伦 |
[1:20:06] | You can have your life back now. | 我不会再烦你了 |
[1:20:07] | Isn’t that what you want? | 这不是你想要的吗 |
[1:20:13] | Get out. | 出去 |
[1:20:48] | – hello. – hello arlen | -你好 -你好 阿伦 |
[1:20:51] | or should I say zebulon? | 或者我该叫你纪伯伦 |
[1:20:53] | It means “exalted.” do you want ? | 高贵的意思 你想要 |
[1:20:55] | I can’t believe I forgot about the conference. | 我竟忘了要开家长会 |
[1:21:00] | Lucky for you I was there. | 幸运的是 我在那 |
[1:21:01] | What did you say to her? | 你对她说什么了 |
[1:21:03] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:21:06] | “kids develop ” you know “friendship reading “ | 孩子的成长 友谊 读书 |
[1:21:09] | Maybe something about robots. | 还有机器人 |
[1:21:11] | Arlen mrs. Gold called me and said that she wants | 阿伦 高老师打电话给我说她想 |
[1:21:13] | To recommend alex for the advanced program. | 推荐阿莱克斯参加高级课程 |
[1:21:15] | Oh well that’s totally amazing. | 那太好了 |
[1:21:19] | Thank you thank you thank you thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢你 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[1:21:22] | Just when I give up on you | 就在我对你放弃的时候 |
[1:21:24] | Yeah a program of advanced what? | 关于什么的高级课程 |
[1:21:27] | Placement in learning. | 分到学习班去 |
[1:21:29] | – learning what? – I don’t know what you mean. | -学什么 -我不懂你什么意思 |
[1:21:30] | I mean mrs. | 我是说 高老师 |
[1:21:31] | Gold is kind of an uptight little control weasel | 有点过度控制又圆滑 |
[1:21:34] | And I think that school you love so much is bullshit. | 你所爱的这个学校是垃圾 |
[1:21:38] | I would keep my kid far away from people like that. | 我不会让我的孩子接近那样的人 |
[1:21:42] | What that kid needs is confidence. | 孩子需要的是自信 |
[1:21:45] | I’m sorry when did this go from me thanking you to you attacking me? | 不好意思 怎么从我感谢你变成了你批评我 |
[1:21:48] | I’m sorry. you’re welcome. | 抱歉 你太客气了 |
[1:21:51] | I’m glad you got what you wanted. | 很高兴你终于如愿以偿 |
[1:21:53] | Are you saying alex doesn’t have any confidence? | 你认为阿莱克斯没有自信吗 |
[1:21:55] | I’m saying he’s just a little guy. | 我只是说他还是个孩子 |
[1:21:58] | And all that pressure is gonna fuck him | 压力太大会毁了他 |
[1:22:00] | Up or turn him into a salesman of some kind. | 或让他变成某种推销员 |
[1:22:02] | I’m sorry when did you become an expert in child raising? | 不好意思 你什么时候成了养育孩子专家 |
[1:22:06] | I’m not the one who straps him into some death harness and then | 我不会给他系上安全背带 |
[1:22:09] | Buys pretend food that’s supposed to be better than the real thing. | 也不会给他买以为更健康的仿制食品 |
[1:22:14] | You’re trying to turn him into your idea of who he | 你正把他变成你自认为 |
[1:22:17] | Should be instead of looking at who he is and that’s | 他应该成为的人 而不去看他是怎样的人 |
[1:22:20] | Who are you to judge me? | 你凭什么说我 |
[1:22:22] | Alex is everything to me and I want to give him the very best. | 阿莱克斯是我的一切 我想给他最好的 |
[1:22:26] | While you’re giving him your best | 当你这么做的时候 |
[1:22:27] | You might want to tell him his dad’s not coming back. | 你也许是想告诉他 他爸爸不回来了 |
[1:22:34] | What did you say to him? | 你对他说了什么 |
[1:22:38] | What did you say to him? | 你对他说了什么 |
[1:22:40] | Nothing. he asked me how long two weeks was. | 没有 他问我两个星期有多长 |
[1:22:44] | I didn’t say anything. | 我没回答他 |
[1:22:47] | Look he knows the truth but he needs to hear it from you. | 他知道真相 但是他需要你告诉他听 |
[1:22:51] | Let me guess god told you that. | 让我猜猜 是上帝告诉你的 |
[1:22:55] | He said “they’re having a rough time arlen. | 他说 他们活得很艰难 阿伦 |
[1:22:58] | You should go and help them.” | 你要去帮助他们 |
[1:23:00] | No? of course not. because you don’t want to help anybody. | 不是吗 当然不是 因为你不想帮任何人 |
[1:23:03] | You don’t want to know anybody. | 你不想认识任何人 |
[1:23:04] | You just want to sit in here and hide and | 你只想坐在这躲起来 |
[1:23:06] | Watch while the rest of us try to work it out. | 看我们其他人怎么生存 |
[1:23:07] | It must be hilarious. | 肯定很高兴吧 |
[1:23:10] | It’s not like that. | 不是这样的 |
[1:23:11] | You know I feel more alone now | 你知道吗 我现在比我们未认识前 |
[1:23:15] | than I did before we met. | 感觉更孤单 |
[1:24:55] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[1:25:08] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:25:11] | You must be kris. | 你定是克里斯了 |
[1:25:14] | I’m terry | 我是特丽 |
[1:25:16] | Terry fraser arlen’s agent. | 特丽·福瑞泽 阿伦的经纪人 |
[1:25:18] | How did you do it? | 你怎么做到的 |
[1:25:20] | Wait I don’t want to know. I don’t care. | 别 我不想知道 没必要知道 |
[1:25:25] | – what’s going on? – you don’t know? | -怎么回事 -你不知道吗 |
[1:25:27] | Arlen is coming here to speak | 阿伦要来这里为《上帝和我》 |
[1:25:29] | for the 20th-anniversary of “me and god.” | 发行20周年演讲 |
[1:25:31] | It’s a miracle. | 简直是奇迹啊 |
[1:25:31] | He phoned me and told me to get the books over here | 他打电话叫我把书搬到这里 |
[1:25:34] | Said he’s already sent word to all of the websites all of them. | 说他已经在所有网站发布信息了 所有网站 |
[1:25:38] | Get over here. | 快过来 |
[1:25:40] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[1:25:43] | Thatterry lady came in this morningg with all these boxes of books and | 那个铁娘子今早运了这么多箱书来 |
[1:25:46] | Said that your pal arlen is speaking here today and we’d better get busy. | 说你朋友阿伦今天在这演讲 我们会很忙 |
[1:25:49] | We don’t have any money to buy books. | 我们没有钱买书 |
[1:25:51] | Kris it was a gift. | 克里斯 这是礼物 |
[1:25:57] | – where is he? – he’s coming. | -他在哪 -在路上 |
[1:25:59] | No kris. who’s gonna help me ? | 别 克里斯 谁来帮我 |
[1:26:04] | Hi you guys. | 大家好 |
[1:26:12] | I’ll be with you in one minute. | 我马上就来 |
[1:26:14] | There you go. just fill that out. | 给你们 只要填写好 |
[1:26:16] | We’ll get to all of you I promise. | 我们会接待你们所有人 我保证 |
[1:26:22] | – what are you doing right now? – we’re kind of busy. | -你在做什么 -我们有点忙 |
[1:26:25] | Arlen’s going to speak at the bookstore. | 阿伦要在书店演讲 |
[1:26:31] | – Arlen who? – arlen faber. | -哪个阿伦 -阿伦·法伯尔 |
[1:26:43] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[1:26:49] | I love your book arlen. you rock arlen. | 我爱你的书 阿伦 你好厉害 阿伦 |
[1:26:52] | Ladies and gentlemen | 女士们先生们 |
[1:26:54] | this is a very special occasion for all of us | 这对我们来讲是个非常特别的场合 |
[1:26:57] | Something that we have waited for for 20 years. | 我们等待了20年 |
[1:27:01] | The author of “me and god “ | 让我们一窥天堂的真相 |
[1:27:03] | The man who showed us a glimpse of heaven | 《上帝和我》的作者 |
[1:27:06] | Arlen faber. | 阿伦·法伯尔 |
[1:27:16] | Thank you terry. you were right. | 谢谢 特丽 你是对的 |
[1:27:18] | I should have done this a long time ago. | 我早该这么做了 |
[1:27:20] | Thank you for coming. | 感谢大家前来 |
[1:27:23] | I would also like to thank kris lucas and “book trader” | 同时感谢克里斯·卢卡斯和”书商”书店 |
[1:27:28] | For allowing me to use their store today. | 让我今天借用他们的店 |
[1:27:30] | This is the best bookstore in philadelphia. | 这是费城最好的书店 |
[1:27:36] | Now those of you who liked the book | 喜欢这本书的人中 |
[1:27:39] | One person had the insight to see that | 有一个人认为 |
[1:27:42] | This book might be useful to people one | 这本书可能对会有帮助 她就是 |
[1:27:46] | Terry fraser. | 特丽·福瑞泽 |
[1:27:48] | Terry is the one person who saw the value there. | 特丽是看到这本书价值的人 |
[1:27:54] | All right now I came here to tell you something | 好了 现在我来告诉你们 |
[1:27:56] | So just hold your applause until the end all right? | 把你们的掌声留到最后 好吗 |
[1:27:58] | Now I know many of you have questions. | 我知道你们很多人有问题要问 |
[1:28:12] | I can’t talk to god. | 我无法与上帝说话 |
[1:28:23] | Here’s the deal | 是这样的 |
[1:28:27] | A little over 20 years ago I found out that my father had an illness. | 大约20年前我发现我父亲得了一种病 |
[1:28:31] | Everything he had and everything that we did | 他会忘记他所拥有的 |
[1:28:34] | Together would be taken from him one memory at a time. | 以及我们一起做过的事 |
[1:28:38] | Now I got this news and I begged for help from | 我知道这件事后就向 |
[1:28:40] | you know whomever. | 你们知道的 向上帝祈求帮助 |
[1:28:43] | I pleaded | 我什么 |
[1:28:45] | Nothing. | 也祈求不到 |
[1:28:49] | I had questions. I wanted answers | 我有问题 我想要答案 |
[1:28:52] | needed them. | 我需要答案 |
[1:28:54] | You know what it’s like. | 你理解这种情况 |
[1:28:57] | Well guess what happened. | 知道然后怎样了吗 |
[1:29:01] | I didn’t get them. | 我得不到答案 |
[1:29:03] | And it really pissed me off. | 这让我很生气 |
[1:29:09] | So one day | 所以有一天 |
[1:29:11] | I started to write the questions down. | 我开始把问题写下 |
[1:29:15] | And then some answers to those | 然后我发现了一些问题的答案 |
[1:29:19] | Questions came to me and I wrote them down too. | 我把它们也写下来 |
[1:29:23] | Before I knew it I had all these pages. | 不知不觉中我就写出了这么多页 |
[1:29:27] | One thing led to another and | 就这样 |
[1:29:28] | that’s how “me and god” came to be. | 我写出了《上帝与我》 |
[1:29:36] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[1:29:39] | I didn’t even really think that much of it at the time. | 那时我甚至都没多想 |
[1:29:45] | I wish it were more amazing than that I really do. | 我原希望它更出色 真的 |
[1:29:49] | Are you saying you made it all up? | 你是说这是你自己编出来的吗 |
[1:29:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:29:58] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[1:30:00] | Maybe whoever’s up there just used my anger | 也许上天就是利用我的愤怒 |
[1:30:03] | And pain to make me part of some divine plan. | 和痛苦让我成为神圣计划的一部分 |
[1:30:09] | And if he did he sure as hell didn’t let me in on it. | 如果真是这样 他确实很可怕 没有让我参与 |
[1:30:17] | I’m not a guy with answers. | 我不是天生就知道答案的人 |
[1:30:31] | I’m just a guy who recently crawled back | 我只是个最近才手脚并用 |
[1:30:35] | to civilization on all fours. | 爬回文明世界的人 |
[1:30:44] | Hang on so all those questions | 等等 那所有问题 |
[1:30:49] | The best advice I had at the time and I meant every word. | 那是我给出的最好建议 每句话都是认真的 |
[1:30:52] | I’m sorry I have to go now. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[1:30:54] | So you’re just like the rest of us. | 那你和我们是一样的了 |
[1:30:56] | Not yet but I’m trying. | 还不一样 不过我在努力 |
[1:31:03] | Oh god. | 天啊 |
[1:31:05] | Stop following me. | 别跟着我 |
[1:31:08] | Stop will you just for a minute? | 停下 好吗 就一分钟 |
[1:31:11] | This is dumb. | 这样很蠢 |
[1:31:12] | You’re right. this is dumb. | 对 这样很蠢 |
[1:31:15] | Look you’re complicated and confusing. | 你很难让人了解 |
[1:31:18] | Alex and I don’t need that – in our lives right now. | 现在我和阿莱克斯生活中不需要这样的人 |
[1:31:21] | yes you do. | 不 你们需要 |
[1:31:22] | – no. – listen you can leave | -不需要 -听着 你可以离开 |
[1:31:24] | No you’ll just make something up. and I know | 不 你只会惹起事情 我知道 |
[1:31:27] | Shut up elizabeth. look everything I said was true okay? | 闭嘴 伊丽莎白 我所说的一切都是真的 |
[1:31:29] | It just didn’t come from some invisible super being. | 只不过不是来自什么超自然的力量 |
[1:31:33] | It came from me me. | 而是来自我 来自我 |
[1:31:38] | What do you want me to say “it’s okay that you lied”? | 你想听我说什么 说你撒谎没关系吗 |
[1:31:41] | You want me to fall in your arms and say “all is forgiven”? | 你想我扑到你怀里 对你说原谅吗 |
[1:31:46] | I understand all right? | 我理解 好吗 |
[1:31:48] | You were protecting yourself and you freaked out. | 你在保护自己 因为你吓坏了 |
[1:31:51] | Happens to the best of us. | 人都这样 |
[1:31:54] | Let’s just leave it at that. | 我们就这样吧 |
[1:31:57] | That’s not good enough. | 这不行 |
[1:32:02] | Yes I lied. yes I’m sorry. | 没错 我撒谎了 对不起 |
[1:32:05] | Yes I led you on. yes to all of it. | 没错 是我误导了你 所有事都是我不对 |
[1:32:07] | But just so you know | 但是你要知道 |
[1:32:09] | The answer to every questions I ever had | 我曾有的所有问题的答案 |
[1:32:13] | Is a kid like alex who’s got a mom like you. | 正像你和阿莱克斯这样的情况下出现的 |
[1:32:42] | If we could maybe just start again | 如果我们可以重新开始 |
[1:32:46] | I think this might end better. | 也许结局会不一样 |
[1:32:54] | Maybe it would. | 也许会 |
[1:33:06] | Elizabeth. | 我是伊丽莎白 |
[1:33:10] | I’m arlen. | 我叫阿伦 |
[1:34:04] | you can cry | 你可以在哭泣中 |
[1:34:06] | a million tears | 流出千万滴泪水 |
[1:34:08] | you can wait | 你可以在等待中 |
[1:34:10] | a million years | 度过千万年 |
[1:34:12] | if you think that time | 如果你以为时间 |
[1:34:15] | will change your ways | 会改变你 |
[1:34:18] | don’t wait too long | 别等太久 |
[1:34:21] | # when your morning # | 当早晨 |
[1:34:24] | turns to night | 变成夜晚 |
[1:34:26] | who’ll be loving you | 谁会在烛光中 |
[1:34:28] | by candlelight? | 爱着你 |
[1:34:30] | if you think that time | 如果你以为时间 |
[1:34:33] | will change your ways | 可以改变你 |
[1:34:36] | don’t wait too long | 别等太久 |
[1:34:40] | maybe I’ve got | 也我有很多东西 |
[1:34:42] | a lot to learn | 需要去学 |
[1:34:44] | time can slip away | 有时时间 |
[1:34:48] | sometimes | 会溜走 |
[1:34:50] | you’ve gotta lose it all | 在你找到出路前 |
[1:34:53] | before you find your way | 你已失去所有 |
[1:34:58] | take a chance | 抓住机会 |
[1:35:00] | and play your part | 努力做好自己 |
[1:35:02] | make romance | 浪漫 |
[1:35:05] | it might break your heart | 也许会令你伤心 |
[1:35:07] | but if you think that time | 如果你以为时间 |
[1:35:10] | will change your ways | 可以改变你 |
[1:35:12] | don’t wait too long | 别等太久 |
[1:35:34] | it may rain | 有时下雨 |
[1:35:36] | it may shine | 有时天晴 |
[1:35:39] | love may age | 爱易逝 |
[1:35:41] | like fine red wine | 像醇酿红酒 |
[1:35:43] | but if you think that time | 如果你以为时间 |
[1:35:46] | will change your ways | 会改变你 |
[1:35:49] | don’t wait too long | 别等太久 |
[1:35:53] | baby you and I | 宝贝 我和你 |
[1:35:55] | got a lot to learn | 有许多要学 |
[1:35:57] | don’t want to waste another day | 不想再浪费时间 |
[1:36:02] | maybe you’ve gotta lose it all | 在找到出路前 |
[1:36:06] | before you find your way | 也许你已失去所有 |
[1:36:10] | take a chance | 把握机会 |
[1:36:13] | play your part | 做好自己 |
[1:36:15] | make romance | 浪漫 |
[1:36:17] | it might break your heart | 也许会伤你心 |
[1:36:20] | but if you think that time | 如果你以为时间 |
[1:36:23] | will change your ways | 会改变你 |
[1:36:25] | don’t wait too long | 别等太久 |
[1:36:31] | don’t wait | 别等待 |
[1:36:40] | don’t wait. | 别等待 |