时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | [pop music playing] | |
[00:19] | Oh, hey, I didn’t see you there. | 嘿 刚刚没看到你 |
[00:21] | Look, times have changed. | 听我说 今非昔比 |
[00:25] | And in today’s fast-paced world… | 在这个快节奏的时代… |
[00:28] | You need an extra hand with your little ones. | 你需要有人帮你照顾孩子 |
[00:31] | Need a reliable sitter? | 需要靠谱保姆吗? |
[00:33] | Call the letters you can trust. | 找一个值得信赖的机构 |
[00:35] | BSA. | |
[00:36] | [all] The Baby-Sitters Agency! | 保姆介绍所! (保姆介绍所) |
[00:44] | “Need a sitter?” I came up with that. [scoffs] | “需要保姆吗?” 这是我的词 |
[00:47] | Those girls are definitely in high school. | 那些女生肯定是高中生 |
[00:49] | Why don’t they loiter at the mall like normal teenagers? | 她们为什么不像正常青少年一样 在商场里闲逛? |
[00:53] | No one’s gonna wanna hire them instead of us, right? | 谁会雇她们而不选我们啊 对吧? |
[00:58] | Stacey. | 史黛西? |
[00:59] | [Stacey] I knew we were in trouble right away, but I’m a pleaser. | 我当下就意识到我们遇到了麻烦 但我喜欢取悦别人 |
[01:03] | No, definitely not. | 不 肯定不会 |
[01:06] | Madam Secretary, will you please read our upcoming jobs? | 秘书小姐 可以请你读一下 我们接下来的工作安排吗? |
[01:10] | Stacey is sitting for Charlotte Johanssen Thursday, | 史黛西周四照看夏洛特乔汉森 |
[01:13] | Claudia is with the three youngest Pikes, | 克劳迪娅照看派克家最小的三个孩子 |
[01:15] | I’m with the Marshalls Saturday and Sunday, | 我周六周日照看马歇尔家的孩子 |
[01:18] | plus the Newton’s new baby is on its way any minute! | 另外 牛顿家的宝宝要出生啦! |
[01:22] | -I’m dying to smell her! -I’m so excited! | -我等不及要闻她了! -我好激动! |
[01:24] | -[clamoring] -Ahem! | |
[01:28] | Kim said last month that she’s really gonna rely on the club | 金姆上个月说她就指望俱乐部 |
[01:31] | to watch Jamie in the early days. | 在忙不过来的时候照看杰米了 |
[01:32] | So then we’re thriving. | 我们真是生意兴隆啊 |
[01:34] | The Baby-Sitters Agency doesn’t stand a chance. | 保姆介绍所毫无胜算 |
[01:38] | It’s just proof of our success. | 只能证明我们的成功 |
[01:41] | They’re trying to get a piece of our action, | 她们想抢我们的生意 |
[01:42] | so we need to differentiate ourselves from the competition. | 我们必须提高自己的辨识度 增强竞争力 |
[01:51] | Kid kits. | 玩具箱 |
[01:55] | “Oh, Kristy, what’s a kid kit?” Well, I’m so glad you asked. | “克里斯蒂 玩具箱是什么?” 很高兴你问了 |
[02:00] | Mary Anne, why do I love going over to your house so much? | 玛丽安 为什么我特别喜欢去你家玩? |
[02:04] | Because it doesn’t smell like a teenage boy? | 因为没有男生的臭味? 确实 但不是因为这个 |
[02:07] | -[laughing] -Fair, but no. | |
[02:10] | Because your dad has every board game known to man. | 因为你爸什么桌游都有 |
[02:13] | And, Stacey… | 史黛西… |
[02:15] | Well, actually, I’ve never been inside your house before. | 那个 我从来没进过你家 |
[02:19] | But I’m sure you’ve got loads of great stuff. | 但是我确信你一定有很多好东西 |
[02:22] | I really can’t wait to have all you guys over. | 我等不及叫你们一起来玩了 |
[02:24] | My mom just wanted to finish the, uh… | 只是要先等我妈… |
[02:28] | The bathroom renovations first. | 翻修完卫生间 |
[02:31] | And, Claudia, the mother lode. | 克劳迪娅 俱乐部的核心 |
[02:33] | Imagine if Claudia brought all of her awesome stuff | 想象一下 如果我们每次来玩 克劳迪娅都把 |
[02:36] | every time we came to play… | 好玩的东西带来… |
[02:37] | I mean, hang out. | 我是说 大家聚在一起 |
[02:38] | Genius. | 太机智了 |
[02:39] | So we fill the boxes with old toys, | 我们在盒子里装满旧玩具 |
[02:42] | and we’d use club dues to supplement for what we don’t have. | 还可以用俱乐部经费添置 我们没有的玩具 |
[02:45] | We’ll bring the boxes to every job, | 我们每次去工作都带着盒子 |
[02:46] | and the kids will be so excited to see what we’ve got. | 孩子们会很期待我们带了什么 |
[02:49] | We have to decorate them. | 快开始装饰吧 |
[02:51] | [Stacey] Kristy was right. | 克里斯蒂说得对 |
[02:52] | Since the start of The Baby-Sitters Club, | 保姆俱乐部成立以来 |
[02:54] | -not even Claudia had been to my house. -Here.Take this paper. | -连克劳迪娅都没去过我家 -来 拿着纸 |
[02:58] | And if they ever came over for a sleepover or even just to hang out, | 如果她们来过夜 或者只是来聚聚 |
[03:01] | it would be a lot harder for me to hide this. | 我都很难藏住这个 |
[03:06] | Six months ago, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. | 六个月前 我被确诊患有1型糖尿病 |
[03:10] | It’s too short. | 太短了 |
[03:12] | Let’s try something longer. | 试一件长一点的吧 |
[03:15] | Just so the insulin pump doesn’t show when you lift your arms. | 这样你抬起膀子的时候 胰岛素泵不会露出来 |
[03:17] | Although we have to hurry and meet your dad at the Foot Locker. | 不过我们得快点 还要去运动鞋店找你爸 |
[03:19] | [Stacey] My pancreas doesn’t make insulin, which you need to, like, live. | 我的胰腺不能自己分泌 人体所必需的胰岛素 |
[03:23] | So I have to wear this pump and watch my diet, | 所以必须要依靠这个泵 注意饮食 |
[03:26] | or I can end up in the hospital. | 否则我可能会被送医院 |
[03:28] | Even worse, | 更严重的是 |
[03:29] | once people know I have a disease, it’s all they think about. | 一旦大家知道我生了病 他们只会想着这个 |
[03:31] | It’s still snug. | 太贴身了 |
[03:32] | -Just look at my mom. -How about a little jacket? | -看看我妈就知道了 -再穿件夹克吧? |
[03:35] | [Stacey] Sometimes I feel like she’s ashamed of me, | 有时候我觉得她为我感到羞耻 |
[03:38] | of my disease. | 因为我得了这个病 |
[03:39] | But no matter how much we both wish everything could go back to normal, | 不管我俩有多想回到正常的生活 |
[03:43] | I’m stuck this way. | 都回不去了 |
[03:45] | I’ll grab a few more things. | 我再拿几样东西 |
[03:49] | Mom! God. | 妈妈!天哪! |
[03:52] | You are so lucky. You have at least ten years of that one | 你太幸运了 你起码还要等十年 |
[03:54] | before it starts to hate everything you do. | 你的孩子才会讨厌你的所有行为 |
[03:57] | Mom, please. Kim is a client. | 妈妈 拜托 金姆是我的客户 |
[04:00] | How are you feeling? | 您身体感觉如何? |
[04:02] | Like an elephant. | 感觉自己像一头怀孕的大象 |
[04:03] | A pregnant one. [laughs] | |
[04:04] | All of the girls are so excited. | 俱乐部的女孩们都好激动 |
[04:06] | We can’t wait to meet the baby and to take care of Jamie, of course. | 我们等不及要见您的孩子了 当然还有照看杰米 |
[04:10] | Well, you’ll have to come visit. | 你一定要来看看 我得去试试这些衣服能不能穿得下 |
[04:12] | [sighs] Well, I better see if these’ll contain my multitudes. | |
[04:16] | -[both laugh] -[groans] | |
[04:21] | Don’t worry, I don’t think she saw anything. | 别担心 她应该什么都没看到 |
[04:22] | [Stacey] But that wasn’t what was bothering me. | 但这不是最让我烦恼的 |
[04:24] | “You’ll have to come visit”? Doesn’t she mean babysit? | “你一定要来看看”? 她的意思不是当保姆吗? |
[04:28] | Slip of the tongue, that’s what I assumed, | 我猜她一不小心说错了 |
[04:30] | till the next day when I went to sit | 直到第二天我去照看 |
[04:31] | -for Charlotte Johanssen. -Hi. | -夏洛特乔汉森 -嗨 |
[04:33] | Stacey! | 史黛西! -这是给我的吗? -是呀 |
[04:35] | -Ooh, is this for me? -It sure is. | |
[04:38] | -[beeping] -[groans] | |
[04:41] | I started to feel faint. | 我有点头晕 |
[04:44] | I keep apple juice with me to elevate my blood sugar when I need it. | 我随身带着苹果汁 在需要的时候 提高血糖 |
[04:47] | -Can I have some juice? -[Stacey] Mm-hmm. | 我能喝果汁吗? |
[04:50] | Hey, kiddo. | 嘿 小朋友 |
[04:51] | You know that not everything Stacey has is meant for you. | 史黛西的东西并不都是给你准备的 |
[04:54] | Ah, it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[04:55] | Beads! I’m going to make a jewelry. | 珠珠!我要做首饰! |
[04:58] | Okay. I’m gonna go. You guys have fun. Be good. | 好 我要走了 你们好好玩 要乖哦 |
[05:02] | -Bye, baby. -Bye, Mom. | -拜 宝贝儿 -拜 妈妈 |
[05:03] | [Stacey] To Charlotte, it seems like I’m just a great babysitter. | 在夏洛特看来 我是个好保姆 |
[05:06] | -Can I go play? -Yeah, of course. | -我能去玩吗? -当然可以 |
[05:15] | [beeping] | |
[05:16] | But to me, it’s yet another reminder that I’m sick, | 但在我看来 这又是在提醒我 我身患疾病 |
[05:20] | as if I needed one. | 虽然我根本不需要提醒 |
[05:21] | Look! | 快看 |
[05:24] | Char, where’s that from? | 小夏 你从哪儿拿的? 保姆介绍所 |
[05:27] | Ugh! The Baby-Sitters Agency. | |
[05:35] | Excuse me.You must be Lacy Lewis. | 打扰一下 想必你就是蕾西刘易斯 |
[05:37] | In the flesh. Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to? | 正是本人 很荣幸和您聊天 请问您是? |
[05:40] | Stacey McGill, treasurer of The Baby-Sitters Club. | 史黛西麦吉尔 保姆俱乐部财务 |
[05:43] | Is that supposed to mean something to me? | 你这么说是有什么含义吗? |
[05:45] | Don’t even. You guys totally stole our idea. | 少套近乎 你们偷了我们的点子 |
[05:47] | Your agency is a complete rip-off of our club. | 你的介绍所完全照搬了我们的俱乐部 告我呀 最好别 点子又没有知识产权 |
[05:50] | Ugh! Sue me. Or don’t. Ideas aren’t intellectual property. | |
[05:54] | I’m doing the club, and I’m doing it better. | 我照搬俱乐部 更是完善俱乐部 |
[05:56] | I don’t have a curfew, and I can drive myself wherever. | 我没有宵禁 还能开车 |
[05:59] | Welcome to the free market. | 欢迎来到自由竞争的市场 |
[06:01] | Well, best of luck to you, | 那祝你好运 |
[06:02] | because our clients are completely satisfied with the services we provide. | 我们的客户对我们的服务非常满意 |
[06:05] | [Lacy] Is that so? | 是吗? |
[06:06] | -Yeah. -You really should try supporting women. | -当然 -你得学会支持女性 |
[06:10] | When one of us succeeds, we all succeed. | 一位女性的成功是所有女性的成功 |
[06:13] | Unless I put you out of business. Enjoy the balloon, sweetie. | 除非我让你们倒闭 好好玩气球 亲爱的 |
[06:15] | She doesn’t even want it. | 她根本不想要 |
[06:17] | Why can’t I have the balloon? Am I bad? | 为什么不给我气球? 是不是我不乖? |
[06:20] | [laughs] | |
[06:22] | Come on, Charlotte. | 来 夏洛特 |
[06:24] | May the best baby-sitter win. | 愿最强保姆胜出 |
[06:29] | [Stacey] The Agency is coming for us. | 介绍所来抢生意了 |
[06:31] | Mobilize! | 全员出击! |
[06:33] | Need a sitter? | 需要保姆吗? |
[06:34] | -[Claudia] Call The Baby-Sitters Club. -[laughs] | 找保姆俱乐部 |
[06:36] | [laughs] Look, yoga class. | 快看 是瑜伽班 |
[06:38] | Jackpot. | 中大奖了 |
[06:42] | ♪ Are they gonna rep me? Are they gonna chase me? ♪ | (保姆介绍所) |
[06:46] | [Stacey] We tried our best, but somehow, they were always a step ahead. | 我们已经尽力了 但不知怎么的 她们总是快我们一步 |
[06:49] | ♪ Or they’re out for money Secret information ♪ | |
[06:53] | ♪ Or maybe they’re destruction Of my time… ♪ | |
[06:57] | [rings] | |
[07:00] | Hello, Baby-Sitters Club. | 您好 这里是保姆俱乐部 |
[07:02] | [woman] Baby-Sitters Agency? | 保姆介绍所吗? 不 这里是保姆… |
[07:04] | Uh, no, this is The Baby-Sitters– | |
[07:07] | [woman chanting] Agency! Agency! | 介绍所!介绍所! |
[07:10] | Agency! Agency! | |
[07:13] | [sighs] | |
[07:17] | Hi, I’m here to babysit for Carl. | 您好 我是来照看卡尔的 |
[07:19] | I’m Carl. | 我就是卡尔 |
[07:20] | Did my son-in-law send you here? | 是我的女婿让你来的吗? |
[07:23] | I don’t need my Depends changed. | 我不需要别人帮我换成人纸尿裤 |
[07:27] | I can do it myself! | 我自己可以! |
[07:29] | [Stacey] Yep, the Agency was sending us on fake jobs | 没错 介绍所用虚假工作骗我们上门 |
[07:33] | while they were busy scooping up the real ones. | 正经活全被她们揽去了 |
[07:37] | After that, Kristy started reading some weird book she found at the library, | 这件事之后 克里斯蒂看起了 从图书馆借来的奇怪的书 (《孙子兵法》) |
[07:43] | but even she didn’t know how much we’d need it. | 但她也不知道我们有多需要这个 |
[07:46] | Mom, what are you doing home? | 妈妈 你怎么回来了? |
[07:48] | The baby’s coming! | 宝宝来啦! |
[07:49] | Jamie! | 杰米! |
[07:50] | -Hi, Kristy. -Hi. | -嗨 克里斯蒂 -嗨 |
[07:52] | Kim went into labor a few hours ago, | 金姆几个小时前临产了 |
[07:54] | and Jamie’s here until further notice. | 在接到进一步通知前 杰米都待在这儿 |
[07:56] | -We’re saved. -What are you talking about? | -我们得救啦 -你在说什么? |
[07:58] | The Newton baby is a savior sent down to Earth | 牛顿家的新生宝宝是救世主 来到人间帮俱乐部恢复营业 |
[08:02] | to put the Club back in business. | |
[08:03] | I’ll get Kim on the horn now to see when she needs us. | 我现在给金姆打电话 看她什么时候需要我们 |
[08:06] | We’ll be booked all week. | 我们肯定会被预订一整周 |
[08:08] | Sweetie, why don’t we let Kim deliver her baby | 亲爱的 咱们先让金姆安安稳稳生孩子 |
[08:10] | before we start harassing her about your work schedule? | 别用你的工作计划 -去骚扰她 好吗? -你说得对 |
[08:13] | -You’re right. I’ll just text her. -Kristy. | -我发短信好了 -克里斯蒂 |
[08:15] | Taking care of a newborn baby is a lot of work. | 照顾新生婴儿很复杂的 |
[08:18] | My guess is that | 我想 |
[08:20] | Kim will want someone with a little bit more experience right now, | 金姆可能想请更有经验的人 |
[08:22] | you know, someone a little older. | 就是年龄更大一点的人 |
[08:24] | Older baby-sitters? | 年龄更大的保姆? |
[08:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:29] | Ew, Mom, what is that? | 妈妈 那是什么? |
[08:32] | Oh, this? | 这个吗? |
[08:33] | Watson had his family ring sized for me. | 沃森把他的家族戒指改成了我的尺寸 |
[08:37] | It’s something, isn’t it? | 很有意义 对吧? |
[08:39] | I guess. | 大概吧 |
[08:41] | Frankly, I don’t see why you need it to signify you’re taken. | 说真的 我不懂你为什么要用这个 来表明你名花有主了 |
[08:44] | Like property. What’s next? | 把自己当财产 下一步呢? |
[08:45] | Are you gonna start walking behind him all the time? | 难道你要时时刻刻紧跟着他吗? |
[08:49] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[08:50] | And it would make us more comfortable | 为了让我们彼此都舒服些 |
[08:53] | if you would refer to me as “Ofwatson” from now on. | 你可以叫我“奥弗沃森” 从现在开始 |
[08:57] | No more Mom. | 别再叫我妈妈了 |
[08:58] | We just want everyone to be clear about where things stand. | 我们想让所有人都知道现在的情况 我去给这个小家伙做点吃的 |
[09:01] | -Mm-hmm. -I’m gonna make this little one some food, | |
[09:03] | and then you can practice your babysitting skills. | 然后你就能练习一下当保姆的技能 |
[09:07] | [Stacey] That’s when Kristy called the first-ever emergency meeting | 就在那时 克里斯蒂召集了 保姆俱乐部有史以来 |
[09:10] | of The Baby-Sitters Club. | 第一次紧急会议 |
[09:12] | Okay, so there’s this snake called the shuai-jan, | 听好了 有一条蛇叫率然 |
[09:15] | and if you hit the shuai-jan in the head, | 如果你打了率然的头 |
[09:17] | then its tail will attack you. | 它的尾巴就会攻击你 |
[09:19] | But if you strike the tail, its head will attack you, | 但如果你打它尾巴 它的头会攻击你 |
[09:22] | and if you strike it right in the middle, both sides will come at you. | 如果你打中段 头尾会同时攻击你 |
[09:26] | What? | 什么? |
[09:27] | It’s from The Art of War. Keep up. | 是《孙子兵法》里的 跟上我的节奏 |
[09:29] | Okay, so the Agency is moving in on our turf, and we need a new plan. | 听着 介绍所开始进攻我们的地盘了 我们得重新计划 |
[09:33] | We can’t lose this club. It’s the best idea I’ve ever had. | 我们不能关闭俱乐部 这是我想到的最棒的主意 |
[09:36] | It’s practically the only reason my dad lets me leave the house. | 这几乎是我爸唯一让我出来的理由 |
[09:39] | I need the money. | 我需要钱 |
[09:40] | I’ve grown accustomed to a certain quality of life. | 我已经习惯高品质的生活了 |
[09:43] | Sable paint brushes. [laughs] | 貂毛画笔太棒了 |
[09:45] | [Stacey] “And I need the Club because I can’t lose my friends. | “我也需要这个俱乐部 因为我不想 |
[09:48] | Not again.” | 再次失去朋友了” |
[09:49] | That’s what I should have said, but then I got distracted. | 我本该这么说的 但是我分了神 |
[09:59] | Hey, dummy, do we have any soda? | 嘿 笨蛋 家里有苏打水吗? |
[10:01] | I don’t know, check the fridge. I’m not your butler. | 不知道 自己看冰箱 我不是你的管家 |
[10:03] | Hey, check this out. | 嘿 听听我弹的曲子 |
[10:04] | [playing notes] | |
[10:07] | [Stacey] I started to sweat. | 我开始出汗 |
[10:08] | My knees buckled.I had to know him. | 膝盖发软 我一定要认识他 |
[10:11] | -Hi. -Hey. | -嗨 -嘿 |
[10:13] | [Kristy] Sam, this is my friend Stacey. | 山姆 这是我的朋友史黛西 |
[10:15] | Stacey, this is my brother Sam. | 史黛西 这是我哥山姆 |
[10:17] | Where have you been keeping him? | 你之前把他藏哪儿了? |
[10:19] | High school? | 高中? |
[10:21] | Did I say that out loud? | 我刚刚说出声了吗? |
[10:22] | -[both] Yeah. -[groans] | -没错 -是啊 |
[10:25] | Well, if you go to Stoneybrook High, | 如果你是斯托尼布鲁克高中的 |
[10:28] | you must know some of the Agency girls. | 你肯定认识介绍所的女生吧? |
[10:29] | What can you tell us about Lacy Lewis and Michelle Patterson? | 你能和我们说说蕾西刘易斯 和米歇尔帕特森吗? |
[10:34] | They started that babysitting business, right? | 她们开始做保姆了 对吧? |
[10:36] | In a group? | 还成立了小组? |
[10:37] | [laughs] They make a buttload of money. It’s a pretty impressive idea, actually. | 她们赚了好多钱 想法真的很不错 |
[10:41] | That is our club, idiot! They copied us. | 那个想法是我们俱乐部的 白痴! 被她们抄袭了 |
[10:45] | We are the ones that babysit in a group. | 我们才是率先成立小组做保姆的 |
[10:47] | That’s what your club is? | 你们的俱乐部是干这个的? |
[10:49] | I thought you just sat around and talked about babies you know. | 我还以为你们只是坐在一起 讨论你们认识的宝宝 |
[10:52] | Watch the axe! | 小心我的吉他! |
[10:53] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办? |
[10:54] | Your own brother doesn’t even know what our club does. | 连你哥都不知道 我们俱乐部是做什么的 |
[10:57] | We need something big. | 我们得大肆宣传一番 |
[10:58] | How much does a billboard cost? | 买一块广告牌要多少钱? |
[11:00] | -Like, a lot of money, I’m guessing. -[Claudia] Yeah. | -好多钱吧 我猜 -是啊 |
[11:02] | [Mary Anne] A lot of money. | 好多钱 |
[11:04] | [Stacey] Oh, my God, I wasn’t swooning over Sam. | 天哪 我不是被山姆迷晕了 |
[11:08] | I mean, I was, | 我是说 我确实被迷晕了 |
[11:10] | but my blood sugar was dropping. | 但是我的血糖在下降 |
[11:12] | I had to get out of there before something bad or embarrassing happened. | 我得赶紧离开 免得发生坏事或者尴尬的事 |
[11:16] | Stace, where are you going? | 史黛西 你要去哪儿? |
[11:19] | I forgot to walk my dog. | 我忘了遛狗 |
[11:21] | [laughs] Since when do you have a dog? | 你什么时候养狗了? |
[11:22] | I just got him. He’s… round. | 刚养 他是圆的 |
[11:27] | Nice seeing you. Bye. | -很高兴见到你们 -拜 |
[11:29] | Round? | 圆的? |
[11:31] | I don’t know. | 搞不清 |
[11:36] | Stace. | 史黛西? |
[11:37] | My sugar’s just dropped a little. Please, Mom, I’m fine now. | 我的血糖降了一点 拜托 妈妈 我现在没事了 |
[11:40] | Were you alone? | 你当时一个人吗? |
[11:42] | Did anybody see you? | 被人看到了吗? |
[11:44] | Where was your juice? | 你的果汁呢? |
[11:45] | It just… It wasn’t enough. Mom, I’m fine now. | 果汁不够…妈妈 我现在没事了 |
[11:47] | -Please, just chill. -No, I am– | -拜托你 冷静一点 -不行 我得… |
[11:49] | -No. -No, you are not fine. | -不 -不行 你才不是没事 |
[11:50] | -No! -Give me my phone! | -不要! -把手机给我! |
[11:51] | Stacey, give it. | 史黛西 快给我 |
[11:52] | -Mom, please, no! -Give it. | -妈妈 求你了 不要! -给我 |
[11:54] | -I’m fine. -You’re not fine. | -我很好 -才怪 |
[11:56] | [Stacey] My mom got me an emergency Saturday consult in Stamford, | 妈妈在斯坦福 给我找了一个周六急诊 |
[12:00] | which meant I got to spend all day having blood drawn and peeing into cups. | 我一整天都要在那儿采血采尿 |
[12:04] | That day was a real low point for all of us. | 真的是人生的低谷 对所有人来说 |
[12:08] | Baby-Sitters Club! Hey, we have a baby-sitters club! | 保姆俱乐部!我们是保姆俱乐部! |
[12:13] | Baby-Sitters Club! | 保姆俱乐部! |
[12:16] | Need a sitter? | 需要保姆吗? |
[12:18] | Call The Baby-Sitters Club! | 找保姆俱乐部! |
[12:19] | -[Kristy] The Baby-Sitters Club! -Mary Anne, you’re not saying anything. | 玛丽安 你怎么什么都不说 |
[12:24] | This is my nightmare. | 这是我的噩梦 |
[12:26] | Kristy’s one of those It clowns, bringing night terrors into the daylight. | 克里斯蒂就像《小丑回魂》里的小丑 把噩梦变成现实 |
[12:32] | We’re offering special rates to loyal customers! | 给老客户打折啦! |
[12:34] | Just remember, | 记住 |
[12:36] | sometimes you think people are judging us, even though they’re not. | 有时候你以为人们在评论你 但其实他们并没有 |
[12:39] | You look stupid. | 你们看起来好蠢 |
[12:41] | [boy] Losers! | 一群废柴! |
[12:44] | Let’s just go home. | 咱们还是回家吧 |
[12:49] | So we didn’t get any new business from the sandwich boards, | 夹板广告牌没能给我们拉来生意 |
[12:53] | but at least we got our steps in. | 但我们起码达成了万步目标 对吧? |
[12:56] | Sorry I couldn’t be there, guys. | 我很抱歉没能和你们一起 |
[12:59] | Another trip to New York in your dad’s black Porsche? | 又坐你爸的黑色保时捷去纽约了? |
[13:03] | We understand. | 我们懂的 |
[13:05] | Should we even have a meeting today? | 我们今天还要开会吗? |
[13:07] | We all know we aren’t going to get any calls, | 我们都很清楚不会有人打电话来的 |
[13:10] | and I have a ton of math homework to slog through. | 我还有好多数学作业要做 |
[13:14] | Do you just want to cancel? | 想取消吗? |
[13:15] | We don’t have any new jobs on the horizon. | 我们近期没有任何新工作 |
[13:18] | Plus, I don’t think I have it in me to sit and watch the phone not ring. | 而且 我也不擅长光坐着 盯着不会响的电话 |
[13:22] | Whoa, what is that? | 哇哦 那是什么? |
[13:26] | Jamie! | 杰米! |
[13:30] | What are you doing? You can’t be in the street all alone. | 你在干什么? 你不能一个人待在马路上 |
[13:33] | [horn honks] | |
[13:35] | My new babysitters told me to come out here and play alone. | 我的新保姆让我出来自己玩 |
[13:46] | [Kristy] Have you no decency? | 你要不要脸啊? |
[13:47] | Ew, what? | 干吗? |
[13:48] | You left Jamie outside, and he almost got hit by a car. | 你让杰米一个人待在外面 他差点被车撞了 |
[13:51] | You call that babysitting? | 你管这叫当保姆吗? |
[13:53] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. He’s fine. | 你在说什么啊 他不是好得很嘛 |
[13:56] | Go up to your room and play, okay? | 去你房间玩吧 好吗? |
[13:58] | Kids shouldn’t trespass. | 小朋友不能横穿马路 |
[13:59] | You’re gonna get a hall pass | 你会得到劈腿许可证 |
[14:02] | or a Disneyland Fastpass | 或者迪士尼快速通行证 |
[14:04] | or you’re gonna get a head slap. | 或者会被拍头 |
[14:06] | That doesn’t rhyme, sir. | 一点都不押韵 先生 |
[14:07] | Kim left me in charge, so it’s my right to protect this property | 金姆让我看家 我有权用任何手段 保护这里 |
[14:10] | with whatever means necessary. | |
[14:13] | [Stacey] I am not a tattletale by nature. | 我并不喜欢打小报告 |
[14:15] | It’s just a bad look. | 感觉很没品 |
[14:16] | But letting a little boy play in the street by himself? | 但是让小男孩一个人在马路上玩? |
[14:20] | That’s too far. | 这太过分了 |
[14:21] | Hi, Kim. | 嗨 金姆 |
[14:22] | Stacey from The Baby-Sitters Club. | 我是保姆俱乐部的史黛西 |
[14:25] | Yeah, I just wanted to let you know something that happened with Jamie. | 嗯 我只是想告诉你 杰米出了点事 |
[14:28] | You’re going to regret this. | 你会后悔的 |
[14:32] | [Stacey] She was right. | 她说得对 |
[14:38] | [cell phone chimes] | |
[14:43] | “Is this who you want babysitting your children?” | “你想让这种人照看你的孩子吗?” (链接) |
[14:49] | [girl panting] Stacey! | 史黛西! |
[14:52] | Oh, my God! Stacey, are you okay? | 我的天哪! 史黛西 你没事吧? |
[14:54] | [Stacey] With minimal internet sleuthing, | 在网上稍微搜一下 |
[14:56] | the Agency had dug up the real reason my parents moved us to Stoneybrook. | 介绍所的人就挖出了我父母 搬来斯托尼布鲁克的真正原因 |
[15:00] | I thought we’d left it all behind us. | 我以为一切已经过去了 |
[15:03] | I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[15:04] | -[students clamoring] -[boy] Oh, my God! | |
[15:08] | Stacey. | 史黛西 |
[15:10] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[15:12] | Come on, you have to tell us. | 快告诉我们吧 |
[15:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:15] | We all know you’ve been hiding something all this time. | 我们一直都知道你在隐瞒什么 |
[15:19] | So what is it? A nervous breakdown? | 所以这是什么?神经衰弱吗? |
[15:23] | A neurological misfire? | 神经紊乱? |
[15:25] | Hard drugs? | 毒瘾? |
[15:27] | -Kristy! -What? | -克里斯蒂! -干嘛? |
[15:28] | The Baby-Sitters Agency dug this up to discredit us. | 保姆介绍所挖这个料诋毁我们 |
[15:31] | -Whatever it is, we have a right to know. -It’s diabetes. | 不管这是什么 我们都有权知道 是糖尿病 |
[15:35] | I have diabetes, okay? | 我有糖尿病 明白了吗? |
[15:38] | Type 1. | 1型 |
[15:39] | There’s no cure. | 没法儿治愈 |
[15:40] | I’ll have it for the rest of my life. | 我这辈子都甩不掉这个病 |
[15:43] | How long have you known? | 你什么时候知道的? |
[15:45] | Since last spring. | 今年春天 |
[15:48] | I just started feeling weird. | 我一开始感觉很奇怪 |
[15:51] | I lost a bunch of weight. | 体重下降了很多 |
[15:53] | My mom thought I had an eating disorder. | 我妈妈以为我得了进食障碍 |
[15:55] | She took me to a psychiatrist, and… | 她带我去看心理医生… |
[15:58] | in the meantime, I just kept getting sicker and sicker, till… | 与此同时 我病得越来越严重直到… |
[16:03] | Well, until what you just saw. | 后来就变成了视频里的样子 |
[16:07] | But why have you been lying to us? | 但你为什么要一直骗我们? |
[16:09] | Because I was afraid… | 因为我害怕… |
[16:12] | I thought if you knew, that’s all you’d see me as. | 我以为如果你们知道了 你们会一直想着我是有病的人 |
[16:15] | The sick girl. | 是个生病的女孩 |
[16:16] | Stacey. | 史黛西 |
[16:17] | That video was the worst day of my life. | 视频里的事是我最糟糕的经历 |
[16:21] | And even my best friend Laine sent it around. | 就连我最好的朋友莱茵也在转发 |
[16:24] | They commented on it | 他们还评论了 |
[16:26] | and made sure that every private school kid in Manhattan | 让曼哈顿所有私立学校的孩子 |
[16:28] | saw it at least once. | 都至少看过一遍 |
[16:30] | What a bunch of jerks. | 真是一群混蛋 |
[16:32] | I just assumed you’d all want to laugh at me, too. | 我以为你们也会笑话我 |
[16:35] | Stacey, we would never. | 史黛西 怎么会呢 |
[16:38] | Never. | 永远不会 |
[16:39] | Absolutely not. Are you crazy? | 绝对不会 你疯了吗? |
[16:41] | Or your blood sugar’s just dropping. | 还是说你的血糖在下降? |
[16:43] | Too soon. | 玩笑开得太早了 |
[16:46] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[16:47] | It’s not like you’re the first person in the world to have diabetes, Stace. | 你可不是世界上第一个得糖尿病的人 史黛西 |
[16:50] | My mom’s friend Jen has it. | 我妈的朋友简也得了 |
[16:51] | And my cousin Erica. | 还有我的表亲艾瑞卡 |
[16:52] | And actress Halle Berry. | 还有女演员哈莉贝瑞 |
[16:55] | What? | 怎么了? |
[16:57] | She does. | 是真的 |
[16:58] | What are we gonna do, guys? | 我们该怎么办? |
[17:00] | All the parents got this, | 所有的家长都收到了 |
[17:02] | and they were already worried we’re not responsible enough. | 他们原本就担心我们不够负责 |
[17:05] | Then we have to prove them wrong. | 那就向他们证明他们错了 |
[17:07] | We have to do the most responsible thing of all. | 我们得做最能体现责任感的事 |
[17:09] | Vacuum. | 用吸尘机 |
[17:12] | No, tell the truth. | 不 说出真相 |
[17:14] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah. | 没错没错 听着 我不知道繁华的曼哈顿是什么样 |
[17:16] | -[laughs] -Look, I don’t know how it works | |
[17:18] | in glittering Manhattan, | |
[17:20] | but here in grimy old Stoneybrook, it’s how we do it. | 但在老旧的斯托尼布鲁克 这就是我们的行事风格 |
[17:25] | Is that all right with you? | 你可以接受吗? |
[17:29] | We’ve got some calls to make. | 我们得打电话 |
[17:31] | [Stacey] So we called another emergency meeting of The Baby-Sitters Club, | 于是我们又召集了一次保姆俱乐部 紧急会议 |
[17:35] | but this was a meeting like none other. | 但这次会议不同于之前那次 |
[17:37] | The video you just saw was of megoing into insulin shock, | 各位看到的视频是我因低血糖而休克 |
[17:41] | shortly before my diabetes was diagnosed in April. | 那之后不久 我在四月被确诊 患有糖尿病 |
[17:44] | It was sent to you by the Agency to try and convince you not to trust our club. | 视频是介绍所发给你们的 为了让你们不再信任俱乐部 |
[17:49] | I know it looks bad, but I’m much better now. | 虽然视频里看起来很糟 但其实我现在已经好多了 |
[17:53] | I know how to take care of myself, | 我知道怎么照顾好自己 |
[17:55] | and I know I can take care of your kids. | 我也知道怎么照顾好你们的孩子 |
[17:58] | I am so sorry that this happened, | 我很抱歉发生这样的事 |
[18:01] | but I need to know my kids won’t wind up in an unsafe situation. | 但我必须确保我的孩子不会遇到危险 |
[18:05] | [woman] What about medical equipment? | 医疗设备呢? |
[18:06] | It could be dangerous if a child came into contact with it, right? | 如果孩子碰到了会很危险 对吧? |
[18:09] | I guess the question is, | 我觉得关键在于 |
[18:11] | can we really be sure that she won’t have another episode like this? | 我们能否确保 她不会再出现那样的情况? |
[18:14] | [murmuring] | |
[18:16] | The truth is you can’t. | 事实上 没法儿保证 |
[18:20] | if you don’t feel comfortable with me as a sitter, | 如果你们不想让我当保姆 |
[18:23] | I’ll understand. | 我完全理解 |
[18:25] | But don’t punish the rest of the Club for it. | 但请不要因此惩罚俱乐部的其他成员 |
[18:27] | Maybe they’re younger, | 虽然她们年纪不大 |
[18:29] | maybe they can’t stay out as late, | 虽然她们不能在外面待到很晚 |
[18:31] | but they care. | 但是她们很会照看孩子 |
[18:32] | If it makes you feel any better, | 为了让你们放心 |
[18:34] | I’ll resign from The Baby-Sitters Club. | 我愿意辞去保姆俱乐部的工作 |
[18:36] | Wait, Stacey… | 等等 史黛西… |
[18:37] | -Come on. -I don’t think that’s necessary. | -拜托 -我觉得没有这个必要 |
[18:40] | Hi, I think I know most of you. | 嗨 你们大多数人我应该都认识 |
[18:43] | I’m Peggy Johanssen. I’m Charlotte’s mom. | 我是佩吉乔汉森 夏洛特的妈妈 |
[18:45] | I’m also an endocrinology specialist at Stamford Presbyterian, | 同时我也是斯坦福长老会医院的 内分泌专科医生 |
[18:49] | and I noticed her insulin pump right away. | 我之前就注意到了她的胰岛素泵 |
[18:52] | Did you know that, Stacey? | 你知道这事吗 史黛西? |
[18:53] | I witnessed her manage her symptoms while looking after Charlotte. | 我看到她在照顾夏洛特的时候 是如何应对自己的症状的 |
[18:56] | If anything, Stacey’s more mature than most kids her age, | 真要说的话 史黛西比任何同龄人 都更成熟 |
[19:00] | given her health challenges, | 考虑到她的健康状况 |
[19:02] | and Charlotte is always asking when she’s gonna come back to play, | 夏洛特经常问她什么时候能再来玩 |
[19:06] | with her kid kit. | 带着玩具箱 |
[19:08] | Which is something all of our sitters bring to each of our jobs. | 俱乐部的成员工作的时候都会带着 |
[19:11] | It’s part of what makes the Club so special. | 我们俱乐部因此而很特别 |
[19:13] | When Claudia sits for Eleanor and Nina, | 克劳迪娅照看艾莲娜和妮娜的时候 |
[19:15] | we always come home to some art project they made | 我们每次回来 都能看到她们做的艺术品 |
[19:18] | or hear about all the books Mary Anne read to them. | 或者听她们讲玛丽安给她们读的书 |
[19:21] | I haven’t noticed that with the Agency. | 我可没看到介绍所这么做 |
[19:23] | Every time Kristy sits for my son Jackie, they run soccer drills in the park. | 克里斯蒂每次照看我儿子杰克 他们都在公园练习踢足球 |
[19:26] | One time I told him to go to bed, | 有一次我让他去睡觉 |
[19:28] | and he said, “You’re not the boss of me, Coach Kristy is.” | 他说 “你不是我的老大 克里斯蒂教练才是” |
[19:31] | [laughing] | |
[19:33] | We just needed someone who could stay late sometimes, | 只是我们有时候需要保姆待晚一些 |
[19:36] | so that’s why we use the Agency. | 所以我们才请介绍所的人 |
[19:38] | Who tried to bully Stacey. | 可是她们却欺负史黛西 |
[19:40] | Is that really the example you want to set for your kids? | 各位应该不想给孩子 树立这样的榜样吧? |
[19:45] | Look, we’ll work on the curfew thing. Right, Mom? | 听着 我们会再探讨一下宵禁的事 对吗 妈妈? |
[19:49] | -We’ll talk about it. -[laughing] | 我们再讨论一下 |
[19:51] | In the meantime, | 同时 |
[19:52] | we’re still offering special rates for our loyal customers. | 老客户折扣依然有效 天哪 真是不好意思 |
[19:55] | -[laughing] -God, I’m so sorry. | |
[20:00] | [Stacey] That was when I realized I belonged. | 此时此刻 我才找到了真正的归宿 |
[20:03] | Not just to the Club, to something bigger… | 不仅仅是俱乐部 更是… |
[20:07] | a community. | 整个社区 |
[20:09] | And they liked me just the way I was. | 他们喜欢我原本的样子 |
[20:13] | Great top, Stace. | 上衣很好看 史黛西 |
[20:16] | Oh. | |
[20:18] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? 很赞 |
[20:19] | -Uh… -Awesome. | |
[20:22] | What? My daughter is awesome. | 怎么了?我的女儿很赞 |
[20:25] | You got to do that to my work phone. | 你得给我的工作手机也搞一个 |
[20:27] | I’ll be the cool guy in the office. | 这样我就是办公室里最酷的人了 |
[20:30] | [clears throat] I’m gonna go make breakfast, ’cause, yeah. | 我去做早饭 |
[20:35] | It’s cute, right? | 很可爱 对吧? |
[20:37] | It’s blue. | 是蓝色的 |
[20:38] | Mom, I’m not ashamed of my diabetes anymore. | 妈妈 我不再为我的糖尿病 感到羞耻了 |
[20:41] | And I don’t want you to be, either. | 我希望你也不要 |
[20:42] | Ashamed? No. | 羞耻?怎么会 |
[20:47] | I wanted to protect you from ever getting hurt again. | 我想保护你 不想再让你受到伤害 |
[20:50] | But ashamed of you? | 要说以你为耻? |
[20:53] | Never. | 从没有过 |
[21:00] | [sighs] You know, I was thinking, | 我刚刚在想 |
[21:03] | a lot of people use fanny packs to hold their insulin pumps, | 好多人用腰包装胰岛素泵 |
[21:06] | and Gucci has this one right now that is to die for. | 古驰也出了一款 人家超想要的 |
[21:09] | It could go right here, and it’s light blue, and it’s so cute. | 它可以挂在这儿 是浅蓝色的 超可爱 |
[21:12] | Well, then it is very good that you’re getting back into babysitting. | 那你能重新回去做保姆是件好事 |
[21:14] | You might have enough to pay for it by the time you’re 35. | 等你35岁就能攒够钱啦 |
[21:30] | -[phone rings] -[gasping] | |
[21:31] | Oh, my God! | 天哪! |
[21:34] | Baby-Sitters Club. | 保姆俱乐部 |
[21:35] | [Stacey] So, yeah, we got all our clients back | 是的 我们的老客户都回来了 |
[21:38] | and then some, | 还多了一些新客户 |
[21:39] | because when they went low, we went… | 因为竞争对手采取下三滥的手段 我们就… |
[21:42] | well, not high, exactly. | 说不上高尚 |
[21:44] | We went honest. | 我们坦诚相待 |
[21:46] | Yes, Kim. We would love to. | 是的 金姆 我们非常乐意 |
[21:48] | I want to hear the whole birth story. | 我想听宝宝出生的整个过程 |
[21:50] | Mom says I came at eight a.m., | 妈妈说我是早上8点生的 |
[21:52] | eyes wide open, observing everything. [laughs] | 眼睛睁得大大的 到处看 |
[21:55] | I was born at 4:36 a.m., right? | 我是凌晨4点36分 对吧? |
[21:58] | Ready to take on the world. | 做好了迎接世界的准备 |
[21:59] | My mom doesn’t remember what time I was born at, after 30 hours of labor. | 我妈妈生我花了30个小时 所以她记不得我是几点出生的了 |
[22:04] | What about you, Mary Anne? | 你呢 玛丽安? |
[22:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:07] | You should ask Mimi. I bet she knows. | 你该问问美美 她肯定知道 她和你妈妈关系很好呢 |
[22:09] | She was really good friends with your mom. | |
[22:11] | -Yeah? -[mom] Yeah. | -是吗? -是的 |
[22:18] | Meet Lucy. | 大家来见见露西 |
[22:21] | Stacey, do you wanna show the other girls how it’s done? | 史黛西 你要给大家展示一下该怎么做吗? |
[22:31] | ♪ All the words unspoken ♪ | |
[22:36] | [coos] | |
[22:40] | Welcome to Stoneybrook, Lucy. | 欢迎来到斯托尼布鲁克 露西 |
[22:46] | ♪ What a time to be alive ♪ | |
[22:49] | ♪ ‘Cause we’re fighting Different battles ♪ | |
[22:52] | ♪ But we’re on the same side so… ♪ | |
[22:56] | ♪ Close your eyes ♪ | |
[23:01] | ♪ The world’s on fire ♪ | |
[23:06] | ♪ When the flames grow close I’ll hold you tight ♪ | |
[23:13] | ♪ So close your eyes ♪ | |
[23:23] | ♪ So close your eyes ♪ | |
[23:35] | [vocalizing] | |
[23:45] | ♪ Close your eyes ♪ | |
[23:48] | ♪ So close your eyes ♪ |