时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | [Mary Anne] I’m very aware that I’m the least cool member | 我很清楚自己是保姆俱乐部里 |
[00:18] | of The Baby-Sitters Club. | 最不酷的成员 |
[00:21] | Claudia is a style icon. | 克劳迪娅是时尚偶像 |
[00:22] | Kristy totally rocks the normcore look, | 克里斯蒂很能驾驭日常风 |
[00:25] | and Stacey is so chic, she’s practically French. | 而史黛西雅致得跟法国人没两样 |
[00:28] | Meanwhile… | 反观我… |
[00:29] | Make it fashion! | 时尚起来! |
[00:30] | Yep. | 对 |
[00:31] | Every day, I leave the house looking like either the world’s oldest toddler | 我每天都穿得像世界上最老的婴幼儿 |
[00:35] | or maybe its youngest senior citizen. | 或者是最年轻的老年人 |
[00:37] | I guess I act like one, too, | 我的行为举止也很像 |
[00:39] | because other than the BSC, | 因为除了保姆俱乐部 |
[00:41] | the majority of my social life involves an 83-year-old woman | 我的大部分社交生活 都是在向一位83岁的女人 |
[00:45] | who’s been helping me master a twisted cable rib stitch. | 学习如何掌握绞线罗纹织法 |
[00:48] | Look what I got us! | 看看我买了什么好东西? |
[00:50] | Funky yarn! [laughs] | 时髦的纱线! |
[00:52] | Oh, how we rage. | 噢 我们真是太时尚了 |
[00:56] | Wait, my mom chased an entire water polo team out of a public pool? | 等等 我妈妈把一整个水球队 从公共泳池赶走? |
[01:02] | Never again will a bunch of high school boys | 从来没有哪群高中男生 |
[01:04] | be so afraid of a pregnant woman and an old lady. [laughs] | 会那样害怕一个孕妇和老妇人 |
[01:08] | She wasn’t afraid? | 她不害怕吗? |
[01:09] | Your mother always spoke her mind, | 你妈妈总是有话直说 |
[01:12] | especially on behalf of those who can’t stand up for themselves. | 尤其是为那些不能捍卫自己的人 |
[01:17] | It’s what made her such a brilliant lawyer. | 正因如此 她才是个优秀的律师 |
[01:20] | It doesn’t sound like I’m anything like her. | 我完全不像她 |
[01:22] | Why would you say that? | 为什么这样说? |
[01:24] | Talking to people I don’t know makes my stomach fall out of my nose. | 跟不认识的人说话 我会紧张得想吐 |
[01:27] | So does talking to people I do know sometimes. | 有时候跟认识的人说话都会这样 |
[01:30] | I think I’m just bad at talking. | 我觉得我就是不擅长说话 |
[01:32] | Your mother didn’t become who she was overnight. | 你妈妈也不是一夜之间就变成那样的 |
[01:35] | Mary Anne, everyone’s waiting for you upstairs. | 玛丽安 大家都在楼上等你呢 抱歉 |
[01:38] | Oh. Sorry. | |
[01:41] | -Bye, Mimi. -Bye. | -再见 美美 -再见 |
[01:50] | [phone rings] | |
[01:52] | Hello, Baby-Sitters Club. | 你好 这里是保姆俱乐部 |
[01:53] | [Mary Anne] I have a recurring bad dream. | 我常做一个噩梦 |
[01:55] | I’m in Claudia’s room, | 我在克劳迪娅房间里 |
[01:56] | and there’s a ringing phone with no caller ID, and– | 一个没有来电显示的电话响起 然后… |
[01:59] | She wants to talk to you, Mary Anne. | 玛丽安 她想跟你说话 |
[02:01] | [Mary Anne] This is not a dream. | 这不是梦 |
[02:02] | This is really happening. | 这是正在发生的事 |
[02:05] | Hello. | 喂? |
[02:06] | Mary Anne Spier, this is Francine Delvecchio. | 玛丽安斯皮尔? 我是弗朗辛德尔维奇奥 |
[02:09] | I work with your dad, and he says you are an excellent babysitter. | 我和你爸爸共事 他说你是个非常棒的保姆 |
[02:12] | Would you be free to watch my Bailey for a couple of hours? | 你有空照看我家贝利几个小时吗? |
[02:16] | I don’t– | 我不… |
[02:17] | This isn’t Mary Anne Spier? | 你不是玛丽安? |
[02:18] | No, I mean, yes. I’m free. | 不 我是玛丽安 我有空 |
[02:21] | Oh, that’s great.Thanks for helping. | 哦 那太好了 |
[02:24] | I think. | 我觉得 |
[02:25] | [mouths] What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[02:26] | But the thing is, I belong to a club of babysitters. | 但事情是这样的 我是保姆俱乐部的成员 |
[02:31] | So I’d have to check if any of them– | 所以我必须征询其他人… |
[02:34] | No, I’m really only interested in you at the moment, | 不 我现在只对你感兴趣 |
[02:36] | since I know your dad. | 因为我认识你爸爸 |
[02:37] | [Mary Anne] The other thing I’m afraid of… | 我害怕的另一件事… |
[02:39] | Saying no. | 就是说不 |
[02:40] | What’s your address? | 你的地址是? |
[02:42] | Wow. | 难以置信 |
[02:47] | -Thank you. -[hangs up phone] | 谢谢 |
[02:52] | I shouldn’t have done that. | 我不应该那么做 |
[02:53] | Clients aren’t supposed to pick their sitters, Mary Anne. | 玛丽安 客户不能自己选保姆的 |
[02:56] | That goes against the club’s entire mission statement. | 这违背了我们俱乐部的原则 |
[02:59] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[02:59] | You don’t have to apologize. | 你不用道歉 |
[03:01] | Just try to be more assertive. | 你要试着态度坚决一些 |
[03:03] | Stand up for yourself. | 捍卫自己 |
[03:05] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:06] | You don’t have to keep saying you’re sorry. | 你不用一直说抱歉 |
[03:08] | -Sorry. -[all] Mary Anne! | -抱歉 -玛丽安! |
[03:11] | You have to learn how to advocate better for yourself. | 你必须学会为自己发声 |
[03:13] | Don’t be such a pushover. | 不能任人摆布 |
[03:15] | Do you just want people to ignore you your whole life? | 你难道希望一辈子都被别人无视吗? 又来了 |
[03:17] | [Mary Anne] Uh-oh. Here it comes. | |
[03:19] | [sniffles, crying] | |
[03:22] | Just leave me alone! | 你们别管我! |
[03:29] | I wish my dad was the kind of dad that I could talk to when I’m upset, | 我真希望有个能在我难过的时候 当一个倾诉对象的爸爸 |
[03:32] | but he’s more of the kind of dad who has to write things like, | 但我爸爸不是那种爸爸 |
[03:35] | “Leisure time at four p.m.” on the calendar. | 他会在日历上写: “休闲时间下午四点” |
[03:40] | This is a Jerusalem artichoke. | 这是一块菊芋 |
[03:43] | Now, it may seem like an exotic ingredient for a Thanksgiving side dish, | 它看起来也许只是 感恩节配菜里的异域调料 |
[03:46] | but they were, in fact, named by the Puritans | 但实际上 它是由清教徒命名的 |
[03:49] | in reference to the utopia they hoped to create in the New World… | 取义自他们想在新世界 建立的乌托邦… 抱歉… 我就是想在正式活动前试讲一下 |
[03:54] | [huffs] Sorry… | |
[03:56] | Uh, just wanted to do a test run before the big night. | |
[04:02] | Oh, well, is there something you’d like to discuss with… | 那么 你有什么事想跟我… |
[04:08] | me? | 讨论? |
[04:09] | [Mary Anne] I was playing a dangerous game, but I couldn’t help myself. | 我知道这样做很危险 但我情不自禁 |
[04:13] | [sighs] The whole club thinks I’m a pathetic crybaby. | 俱乐部的人都觉得 我是一个可悲的好哭宝宝 而我开始觉得她们说得对了 |
[04:16] | [inhales] And I’m really starting to think they’re right | |
[04:19] | because just look at me. | 看看我的样子 |
[04:21] | Of course they think I’m a baby. I am a baby. | 她们当然会觉得我是个宝宝 我就是宝宝 |
[04:25] | My stupid baby hair and my stupid baby overalls. | 我愚蠢的宝宝头 愚蠢的宝宝连体衣 |
[04:28] | Not to mention my room. | 更别提我的房间了 |
[04:30] | And Kristy called me unprofessional. | 克里斯蒂还说我不专业 |
[04:32] | Claudia said I was a pushover, and Stacey… | 克劳迪娅说我任人摆布 史黛西… |
[04:35] | She treats me like the kid that her parents told her to hang out with. | 她对待我的方式 像是被父母要求和我玩一样 |
[04:38] | They think I’m pathetic. | 她们觉得我很可悲 而我的确是… |
[04:42] | [sighs] Which I am… | |
[04:46] | because I can’t say anything without starting to cry. | 因为我一说话就开始哭 |
[04:53] | So the other girls have been calling you names, | 所以其他女孩开始给你取外号 |
[04:55] | -bullying you? -No, Dad. | -霸凌你? -不是的 爸爸 |
[04:57] | I’ve told Liz Thomas once, and I’ll tell her again– | 我会再次警告莉斯托马斯… |
[04:59] | Stop! | 别说了! |
[05:00] | Pretend I never said anything. | 就当我什么都没说过吧 |
[05:04] | I read somewhere that women want to express emotions, | 我在哪儿读到过 女人想发泄情绪 |
[05:07] | and men want to find solutions for them. | 而男人想寻找解决情绪的方式 |
[05:09] | As I found out the next day, | 我在第二天意识到 |
[05:11] | Dad’s solution made everything worse. | 爸爸的解决方式让事情变得更糟了 |
[05:15] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 大家好 |
[05:18] | Sorry, did you want to sit with bullies like us? | 你想和我们这样的霸凌者坐一桌吗? |
[05:21] | [Mary Anne] Oh, Dad, what have you done? | 爸爸 你做了什么? |
[05:24] | I can’t believe that you went home last night | 我简直不敢相信 你昨天晚上回家 |
[05:26] | and tattled to your dad that we were being mean to you. | 跟你爸打小报告说我们欺负你 |
[05:30] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[05:31] | -Not on purpose. –Tell that to our parents. | 我不是故意的 跟我们家长说去 |
[05:34] | Your dad called them, and now, thanks to you, we’re all grounded. | 你爸给他们打了电话 多亏你 我们全被关禁闭了 |
[05:37] | I’m so, so sorry. | 我实在太抱歉了 |
[05:40] | We need some space. | 我们需要些空间 |
[05:47] | [laughing] | |
[05:49] | -That is so funny. –[Mary Anne] The Shillaber twins. | -太好笑了 -施乐宝双胞胎 |
[05:52] | If she’s sitting with them, she must be really mad. | 跟她们坐一起 说明她真的很生气 |
[06:12] | Hi. Can I join you? | 嗨 我能跟你一起坐吗 |
[06:15] | Sure. | 当然 |
[06:19] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么? |
[06:21] | Mary Anne. | 玛丽安 |
[06:22] | Nice to meet you, Mary Anne. | 很高兴认识你 玛丽安 |
[06:24] | I’m Dawn. I just moved here from LA. | 我是道恩 刚从洛杉矶搬过来 |
[06:27] | I know, I wish the stereotypes weren’t true, but… | 我也希望那些刻板印象不是真的 但是… |
[06:30] | we do eat differently out there. [laughs] | 我们吃的东西确实不一样 |
[06:33] | You don’t say much, do you? | 你不爱说话 是吗? |
[06:37] | What brings you to Stoneybrook? | 你为什么会来斯托尼布鲁克? |
[06:40] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[06:41] | Uh, my parents finally got divorced. | 我父母终于离婚了 |
[06:44] | It’s no big deal. | 不是什么大事 |
[06:45] | My dad is gay, which they both always knew on some level, | 我爸爸是同性恋 他们俩心里都有数 |
[06:49] | but were trapped in such a cycle of codependency. You know? | 但是被困在相互依赖的循环中了 你懂吗? |
[06:53] | Yeah, totally. | 我很理解 |
[06:56] | Anyways, my mom grew up here | 我妈妈在这里长大 |
[06:58] | and felt a spiritual pull to reconnect to her roots | 她在疗愈过程中 感觉到很强的信念 |
[07:00] | during the healing process. | 让她重返故乡 |
[07:02] | But also, she barely knows how to use a washing machine, | 但是她连洗衣机都不太会用 |
[07:05] | so I didn’t want her to move up here alone. | 所以我不希望她一个人搬回来 |
[07:07] | What about you? | 你呢? |
[07:09] | Are you new, too? | 你也是新来的? |
[07:11] | No. | 不是 |
[07:12] | -All my friends are dead. -Hmm. | 我的朋友都死了 |
[07:15] | Kidding! | 开玩笑的! |
[07:16] | Oh. [laughs] | |
[07:18] | They’re absent. | 她们只是不在 |
[07:19] | You’re funny. Dark, but funny. [chuckles] | 你真幽默 黑色幽默 |
[07:23] | Wanna hear a joke? | 想听笑话吗? |
[07:25] | How do you catch a unique rabbit? | 怎样抓到一只奇异的兔子? |
[07:28] | You-nique up on it. | 奇袭它 |
[07:31] | Oh. [laughs] | |
[07:33] | That has to be the worst joke I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过的最烂的笑话 |
[07:36] | I got it from a Popsicle stick. | 这是我从雪糕棍上看来的 |
[07:38] | I have a whole box at home. | 我家里还有一大盒 |
[07:40] | Of Popsicles, not just the sticks. | 一大盒雪糕 不是雪糕棍 |
[07:44] | You could come over if you wanted to, | 你愿意的话可以过来玩 |
[07:47] | like, later today,if you want. | 比如今天晚些时候 你愿意的话 |
[07:50] | Yeah, I’d like to. | 我很乐意 |
[07:53] | [Mary Anne] I couldn’t believe how fast Dawn said yes to hanging out with me. | 道恩居然这么快就答应跟我一起玩 |
[07:57] | She must have really been lonely. | 她一定非常寂寞 |
[08:01] | But first I had to babysit for Bailey Delvecchio. | 但是我得先去给 贝利德尔维奇奥做保姆 |
[08:03] | This was the job that destroyed all my friendships, | 正是这份工作摧毁了我的友谊 |
[08:06] | but I vowed not to let my personal tragedy interfere with my ability to do good care. | 但是我发誓绝不让个人悲剧 影响我做一个好保姆 |
[08:12] | Pinkies out! | 小拇指翘起来! |
[08:13] | We must show the new Royal Highness how to comport oneself. | 我们得教导皇室新成员如何举止得体 |
[08:17] | Shouldn’t we, my queen? | 不是吗 我的女王? |
[08:18] | I’m the Princess, not the Queen. | 我是公主 不是女王 |
[08:21] | The Queen wears dresses that look like boxes. | 女王会穿跟盒子一样的裙子 |
[08:25] | [laughs] I stand corrected. Now, sip. | 我承认错误 轻抿一口 |
[08:29] | -Oops. -Splendid, Your Highness. | 哎呦 殿下您真棒 |
[08:33] | You’ve given us the perfect reason to go pick out a new dress. | 您给了我一个 为您挑选新裙子的完美理由 |
[08:38] | [both laugh] | |
[08:49] | Well, these won’t do. | 这些可不行 |
[08:51] | Where are your clothes, Princess Bailey? | 贝利公主 你的衣服在哪儿? |
[08:53] | Those are my old clothes. | 那些是我的旧衣服 |
[08:54] | Over here are my new clothes! | 我的新衣服在这儿! |
[08:58] | This one’s very, very beautiful. | 这一件非常漂亮 我最爱这一件了 |
[09:00] | Ooh! This one’s my favorite. | |
[09:03] | Mommy! | 妈咪! |
[09:05] | Princess! | 公主! |
[09:06] | You having a good time? | 你玩得开心吗? |
[09:07] | I’m so sorry, were we too loud? | 非常抱歉 是我们太吵闹了吗? |
[09:09] | Are you kidding? | 你说什么呢? |
[09:10] | I’m just glad you two are getting along so well. | 我只是很高兴你们俩相处得这么好 |
[09:12] | Mommy, look what Mary Anne showed me. | 妈咪 这是玛丽安教我的 |
[09:15] | -[Francine gasps] Wow! -[Mary Anne] That’s when I understood. | 我突然明白了 |
[09:17] | Bailey was a little girl, | 贝利是个小女孩 |
[09:18] | and her new clothes helped people see that. | 而她的新衣服能帮人们认清这一点 |
[09:23] | It’s like this. Are you right-handed or left-handed? | 是这样的 你是左利手还是右利手? |
[09:26] | Right. | 右 |
[09:27] | And you’ve known this since you were little? | 你很小的时候就知道了吗? |
[09:29] | Pretty much. | 算是吧 |
[09:30] | And if someone tried to make you do everything with your left hand, | 如果有人想让你用左手做事 |
[09:33] | it would be super weird, right? | 你会觉得很别扭吧? |
[09:35] | If I tried to use scissors, I’d definitely stab myself. [laughs] | 要是让我用剪刀 我肯定会戳伤自己 |
[09:38] | Well, that’s how Bailey feels. | 贝利就是这种感觉 |
[09:41] | The same way that you know that you’re right-handed, | 就像你知道自己是右利手一样 |
[09:43] | Bailey knows she’s a girl. | 贝利知道自己是个女孩 |
[09:45] | And we all want our outsides to match our inside, right? | 我们都希望自己的外表能和内在一致 不是吗? |
[09:49] | Yeah, and it’s rad to have parents and a babysitter who get it. | 能得到家长和保姆理解真是太棒了 |
[09:55] | She’s really lucky. | 她非常幸运 |
[09:57] | You seem to know a lot about this stuff. | 你好像很懂这些 |
[10:00] | Well, I am from California. | 毕竟我来自加州 |
[10:02] | [laughs] | |
[10:04] | I realized in that moment | 我在那一刻意识到 |
[10:06] | that I never made a new friend without Kristy before | 以前一直是克里斯蒂带着我交新朋友 |
[10:08] | and right in the nick of time, | 恰巧在这个时候 |
[10:10] | because if the club meeting the next day was any sign, | 如果明天的俱乐部会议有任何迹象 |
[10:13] | -I may have lost all my friends for good. -[laughs] | 我可能会永远失去所有的朋友 |
[10:20] | [rings] | |
[10:23] | Hello, Baby-Sitters Club. | 你好 保姆俱乐部 |
[10:24] | This is President Kristy Thomas speaking. | 我是会长克里斯蒂托马斯 |
[10:29] | Oh, hi, Mrs. Delvecchio. | 你好 德尔维奇奥女士 |
[10:33] | This Sunday? | 这个周日吗? |
[10:35] | Nice, a matinee in the city. | 真好 去城里看白天场 |
[10:38] | I’ll see who’s available– | 我看看谁有空… |
[10:42] | Right. | 这样 |
[10:43] | I’m sure she’d be more than happy to. | 她一定很乐意帮忙 |
[10:45] | After all, Mary Anne is the best. | 毕竟玛丽安是最棒的 |
[10:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:54] | So, special requests for Mary Anne are standard now? | 所以指名要玛丽安已经是惯例了? |
[10:58] | None of us are allowed to leave the house this week, remember? | 我们这周都不能出家门 还记得吗? |
[11:02] | Except for Club meetings. | 除了参加俱乐部会议 |
[11:04] | [Mary Anne] They were still mad at me. | 她们还在生我的气 |
[11:05] | Maybe they deserved to be, | 也许她们有权利生气 |
[11:07] | but at least I got to hang out that weekend with my new friend Dawn. | 但至少这周末 我可以跟新朋友道恩一起玩 |
[11:10] | Sorry, I have to work on sounding less obsessed. | 抱歉 我不该表现得对她这么痴迷 |
[11:13] | She invited me to come with her and her mom | 我被邀请与她和她妈妈一起 |
[11:14] | to some kind of all-female cookout her aunt Esme was hosting. | 参加她的姨妈埃斯梅 筹办的某种全女性野餐 |
[11:18] | She is a little on the zany side, | 她有一些古怪 |
[11:21] | but she throws a great gathering. | 但是她很擅长举办聚会 |
[11:22] | As long as you’re not bothered by a little light neo-shamanism. | 只要你不反感一点点新萨满教的东西 |
[11:26] | Oh, shoot. | 不好 |
[11:27] | -Dawn, did we remember– -The sage? | -道恩 我们带了… -鼠尾草? |
[11:29] | You’re perfect. | 你太完美了 |
[11:30] | Just a little more left-brained than you, that’s all. | 我只是比你多一点左脑逻辑而已 |
[11:32] | I’m sure that’s exactly what you call it when you talk to your therapist, too. | 你跟心理医生一定也是这么说的 |
[11:35] | [laughing] | |
[11:42] | At last. Our goddesses of honor. | 终于来了 我们的女神贵宾 |
[11:45] | Would it have killed you to be on time for your own welcome ritual? | 你连自己的欢迎仪式 都不能准时参加吗? |
[11:48] | Hi, Esme. | 嗨 埃斯梅 |
[11:50] | Your aunt is Morbidda Destiny? | 你姨妈是摩比达戴斯德尼? |
[11:52] | What? | 什么? |
[11:53] | That’s what the little girl next door calls her. | 隔壁的小女孩就是这么叫她的 |
[11:56] | [laughs] Esme wishes that was her witch name. | 埃斯梅希望那是她的女巫名 |
[11:59] | -So she is a witch. -Yes. | -所以她是女巫 -对 |
[12:01] | More like a spiritual healer. | 更像是灵性疗愈者 |
[12:04] | Ladies, our tarot card reader has a hard out in 45 minutes. | 姑娘们 我们的塔罗师45分钟后就要离开了 |
[12:08] | Come on. Let’s do this thing. | 来吧 快点开始 |
[12:20] | Join hands, moon sisters. | 月亮姐妹们 把手牵起来 |
[12:22] | Gather around the decorative stump. [laughs] | 围在这个装饰性树墩旁 |
[12:25] | As you all know, | 大家都知道 |
[12:27] | there’s a new moon in Scorpio this month, | 本月是天蝎座的新月 |
[12:30] | so many of us may be feeling a great deal of upheaval this week. | 所以本周一定有很多人 感受到剧烈的变化 |
[12:34] | So, come forward. | 那么 请上前来 |
[12:37] | Share in this time of great transition. | 分享你面临的大改变 |
[12:40] | The universe is listening. | 宇宙正在倾听 |
[12:43] | I want to go first. | 我想先说 我亲爱的道恩 |
[12:45] | Oh! My darling Dawn. | |
[12:47] | Come! | 来吧! |
[12:49] | The talking stick is yours. | 发言棒归你了 |
[12:54] | I just want to say thanks to my Aunt Esme… | 我想说 谢谢埃斯梅姨妈 |
[12:59] | and to all of you for welcoming us. | 也谢谢你们大家 这样欢迎我们 |
[13:01] | Moving across the country is about as big a change as you can make. | 从美国另一端搬来这里 是非常大的改变 |
[13:04] | I feel you there. | 我有同感 |
[13:06] | Last week, my ex-husband was trying to tell me– | 上周 我的前夫试图告诉我… |
[13:08] | It’s not about you right now, Barb. | 现在不是你说话的时候 巴布 |
[13:11] | But there’s great things about change, too, | 但是改变也会带来一些好事 |
[13:15] | like my new friend, who I brought with me today. | 比如我今天带来的新朋友 |
[13:19] | Mary Anne. | 玛丽安 |
[13:21] | Welcome, Mary Anne. | 欢迎你 玛丽安 |
[13:23] | Come, share with us. | 来 跟大家分享一下 |
[13:25] | [Mary Anne] Oh, no. | 哦不 |
[13:27] | Public speaking, another recurring nightmare. | 公开演讲 我的噩梦之一 |
[13:38] | Go on. | 来呀 |
[13:41] | Don’t be shy. | 不要害羞 |
[13:42] | Bare your soul. Let us in. | 敞开你的灵魂 让我们进去 |
[13:45] | [Mary Anne] Bare my soul? Let them in? | 敞开我的灵魂? 让她们进来? |
[13:48] | It wasn’t that I didn’t want to. | 我倒不是不愿意 我做不到 抱歉 |
[13:52] | [pants] I can’t. I’m sorry. Ugh! | |
[13:55] | [Dawn] Mary Anne! | 玛丽安! |
[13:58] | -Mary Anne! -Now that is a Scorpio if I ever saw one. | -玛丽安! -我敢肯定她是天蝎座的 |
[14:07] | Mary Anne, wait! | 玛丽安 等等! |
[14:09] | What? | 怎样? |
[14:11] | I’m sorry, okay? | 我道歉 行了吧? |
[14:13] | I’m sorry I’m so shy. I’m sorry I’m not cool and funny, | 抱歉我这么害羞 抱歉我不酷也不幽默 |
[14:16] | and I’m sorry I’m so scared of everyone and everything, and I’m sorry! | 抱歉我害怕一切人和事 我很抱歉! |
[14:21] | I’m sorry I can’t even stop saying I’m sorry. [whimpers] | 抱歉我连不说抱歉都做不到 |
[14:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:33] | “Okay”? | “好吧”? |
[14:35] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:37] | I mean, a new moon sharemony is not everyone’s cup of tea. | 不是每个人都能适应新月分享仪式 |
[14:41] | But… | 但是… |
[14:43] | didn’t I embarrass you? | 我不是让你难堪了吗? 你不觉得我总爱出丑 |
[14:45] | [sighs] Don’t you think I’m a pathetic crybaby | |
[14:49] | who’s constantly making a total fool of herself? | 是个可悲的好哭宝宝吗? |
[14:52] | No, I think you were understandably freaked out, | 不 你只是受惊了 我能理解 |
[14:55] | but it doesn’t really matter what I think. | 但是我怎么想并不重要 |
[14:58] | If you believe you’re a pathetic crybaby, | 如果你认为自己是个可悲的好哭宝宝 |
[15:01] | well, who am I to tell you otherwise? | 那我说你不是又有什么用? |
[15:04] | [Mary Anne] Sometimes I felt strong and fearless. | -有时候我觉得自己很强大 无所畏惧 -走吧 |
[15:06] | Come on.We don’t have to go back there. | 我们不一定非要回去 |
[15:09] | -We can go sit over there. We can talk. -[laughing] | 我们可以坐那边去 聊聊天 |
[15:11] | [Mary Anne] And other times, | 而其他时候 |
[15:12] | -I felt like a little baby. -We could play Uno. | -我觉得自己像小宝宝 -我们可以打乌诺牌 |
[15:15] | I wish I had someone to talk to about this stuff, | 我真希望能和别人聊聊这件事 |
[15:18] | someone who would understand. | 一个能理解我的人 |
[15:20] | I want my mommy. | 我想要妈妈 |
[15:23] | [Mary Anne] Exactly. | 正是 |
[15:28] | She’ll be back in a couple of hours. | 她过两个小时就回来了 |
[15:30] | We can act out the royal wedding at least five times before then. | 在她回来之前 我们起码能演五次皇室婚礼 |
[15:34] | My head hurts. | 我头疼 |
[15:39] | [Mary Anne] Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[15:40] | Bailey was burning up. | 贝利在发高烧 |
[15:42] | Francine, you’re probably not picking up | 弗朗辛 《窈窕淑女》的第一幕很长 所以你可能接不到电话 但是… 贝利发烧了 |
[15:45] | because My Fair Lady has a long first act, but Bailey has a fever. | |
[15:49] | It’s 104 degrees. [sighs] I don’t know what to do. | 有40度 我不知道该怎么办 |
[15:53] | Call me back as soon as you get this. | 请在收到的第一时间打给我 |
[15:55] | I thought about calling the other members of The Baby-Sitters Club, | 我想过打给保姆俱乐部的其他成员 |
[15:58] | but they were probablystill too mad at me to answer. | 但她们还在生我的气 可能不会接 |
[16:01] | I called my dad, but he didn’t answer, either. | 我给爸爸打了电话 但他也没有接 |
[16:04] | There wasn’t anyone else coming to save the day. | 没有其他人能过来转危为安 |
[16:07] | There was only me. | 只有我自己 |
[16:13] | [rings] | |
[16:15] | -Hello. -[woman] 911. | -你好? -911 |
[16:16] | Hi.I have an emergency. | 你好 我这里有紧急情况 |
[16:19] | [Mary Anne] I was terrified, | 我害怕极了 |
[16:21] | but looking at Bailey’s face, I knew I had to be brave. | 但是看着贝利的脸 我知道我必须勇敢 |
[16:25] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[16:28] | -[laughing] -Ready? Fish face. | 准备好了?鱼脸 |
[16:34] | Okay, took a while, but we finally found a file for a Bailey Delvecchio. | 好了 我们花了不少时间 终于找到贝利德尔维奇奥的档案 |
[16:38] | Is 32 Burnhill Road still the current address? | 现住址还是本希尔路32号吗? |
[16:41] | -Yeah. -Have you been giving him fluids? | -是的 -你给他喝水了吗? |
[16:43] | If he’s dehydrated, we’ll need to place an IV. | 如果他脱水了 就需要做静脉注射 |
[16:45] | Have him change into this. | 给他换上这个 |
[16:47] | I don’t want the blue one. | 我不想要蓝色的 |
[16:49] | Oh, well– | 这… |
[16:50] | I hear someone’s not feeling well. | 听说有人身体不舒服 |
[16:52] | Let’s take a look at the little man. | 让我们来看看这个小伙子 |
[16:58] | Can I please talk to you two outside? | 我能跟二位出去聊聊吗? |
[17:07] | I know that you guys are busy. | 我知道你们很忙 |
[17:09] | But as you would see, if you looked at her and not her chart, | 但只要你们看看她本人而不是表格 |
[17:14] | Bailey is not a boy. | 就能发现贝利不是男孩 |
[17:17] | And by treating her like one, you are completely ignoring who she is. | 你们像对待男孩一样对待她 完全无视了她的真实身份 |
[17:21] | You’re making her feel insignificant and humiliated. | 会让她觉得自己无足轻重 被羞辱 |
[17:24] | And that’s not gonna help her feel good or safe or calm. | 你们这样做 不会让她感到舒服 安全或者平静 |
[17:28] | So, from here on out, please recognize her for who she is. | 所以从现在起 请尊重她的真实身份 |
[17:33] | And if at all possible, could you find me a non-blue hospital gown? | 如果有可能的话 能给我找一件不是蓝色的病号服吗? |
[17:37] | Our apologies. | 我们道歉 |
[17:40] | Mary Anne. | 玛丽安 |
[17:41] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[17:43] | Oh, Mary Anne. Thank God for you. | 玛丽安 幸好有你 |
[17:46] | Where’s my baby? | 我的宝贝呢? |
[17:47] | Over there. | 在那边 |
[17:50] | [Francine] Oh, honey. Oh… | 亲爱的 |
[17:53] | [Mary Anne] Bailey had her parents to protect her now. | 贝利的家长来保护她了 |
[17:57] | And I had to deal with mine. | 而我得面对我的家长 |
[18:09] | [sighs] | |
[18:12] | Dad, I’m sorry. | 爸爸 我很抱歉 |
[18:15] | I know I should’ve waited for you to call back before I went to the hospital. | 我应该等你回电话再去医院的 |
[18:18] | I didn’t mean to make you worry. | 我不是故意让你担心的 |
[18:19] | I just really wanted to make sure that Bailey was okay. | 我只是想确保贝利没事 |
[18:22] | Wait. | 等等 |
[18:24] | You think I’m upset with you? | 你觉得我在生你的气? |
[18:27] | I’m overwhelmed by you. | 我是被你惊到了 |
[18:32] | Hearing you talk to those doctors that way… | 听到你那样跟医生说话… |
[18:35] | you reminded me so much of your mother. | 你那个样子好像你妈妈 |
[18:37] | I did? | 真的吗? |
[18:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:42] | This may come as a surprise to you, but… | 你听到也许会很吃惊 但是… |
[18:45] | it hasn’t been easy… | 独自抚养你长大… |
[18:48] | raising you alone. | 很不容易 |
[18:51] | Most of the time I feel as though I have no idea what I’m doing. | 很多时候我都觉得 不知道自己在干什么 |
[18:56] | But seeing you now, | 但看到你刚刚 |
[18:58] | standing up for that little girl… | 那样捍卫那个小女孩… |
[19:01] | I thought to myself, “If she can do that, | 我对自己说:“她能那样做 |
[19:03] | then maybe I haven’t screwed up after all.” | 说明我也许没有犯太大错误” |
[19:08] | That maybe your mom would be a little bit proud of me. | 你妈妈可能会为我感到一点骄傲 |
[19:13] | I think she would be. | 我觉得她会的 谢谢 |
[19:15] | [sighs] Thank you. | |
[19:18] | [sighs] | |
[19:21] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你件事吗? |
[19:23] | Of course, sweetheart, anything. | 当然亲爱的 随便问 |
[19:26] | Can I change my hair? | 我能换个发型吗? |
[19:29] | I want to feel more confident, | 我想更自信一些 |
[19:31] | more grown-up… | 更成熟一点… |
[19:33] | but it’s hard when I look like such a baby. | 但这很难做到 因为我看起来像个宝宝 |
[19:38] | Mary Anne, you can do whatever you want to your hair. | 玛丽安 你想怎么换发型都可以 |
[19:43] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[19:44] | I always put your hair in braids | 我总是给你编辫子 |
[19:45] | because it’s the only thing your mother taught me how to do. [laughs] | 是因为你妈妈只教了我这一种发型 |
[19:48] | Well, what about these clothes? | 那我这些衣服呢? |
[19:50] | What about your clothes? | 衣服怎么了? |
[19:51] | -Kitten overalls? -Well. | 小猫连体衣? |
[19:54] | Wheelie bags? | 带轮子的书包? |
[19:55] | Okay, stop right there. | 好了 打住 |
[19:56] | -A wheeled bag is orthopedically sound. -[laughs] | 拖轮书包是为了你的骨骼好 |
[19:59] | If you want to condemn yourself to a life of chronic middle back pain, | 你要是想用终身慢性腰背疼痛 来惩罚自己 |
[20:03] | -be my guest. -[both laugh] | 请随意 |
[20:07] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[20:12] | I’m so proud of you. | 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[20:13] | [Mary Anne] You can’t always tell from someone’s outside | 有的时候 一个人的内心 |
[20:15] | who they are on the inside. | 是无法通过外表判断的 |
[20:16] | Ice cream? | 吃冰淇淋吗? |
[20:17] | Definitely. | 当然 |
[20:19] | [Mary Anne] But if you never ask them, they never get a chance to surprise you. | 但是如果你永远不问 他们就没有机会给你惊喜 |
[20:24] | I went to the BSC meeting on Monday, braced for conflict. | 我参加了保姆俱乐部的周一会议 准备迎接冲突 |
[20:30] | But speaking of surprises… | 但是说到惊喜… |
[20:32] | Oh, my God, we heard everything! | 我的天 我们都听到了! |
[20:34] | Your dad called all of our parents again and told them what happened. | 你爸又给我们家长打电话了 告诉他们发生了什么 |
[20:37] | Mary Anne, you’re a hero. | 玛丽安 你是个英雄 |
[20:39] | Plus, we’re ungrounded now. | 而且 我们解除禁足了 |
[20:41] | Your dad said he’s glad you’re in a club with other young women | 你爸说他很欣慰 你和其他女孩在同一个俱乐部 |
[20:43] | -who are such great influences. -That’s us! | -她们带来了很好的影响 -说的是我们! |
[20:46] | Yeah! | 对呀! |
[20:47] | What was it like riding in an ambulance? | 坐救护车的感觉怎么样? |
[20:49] | I would have had a literal panic attack. | 换我肯定都恐慌症发作了 |
[20:52] | Not Mary Anne. | 玛丽安可没有 |
[20:53] | -Fearless under pressure. -[laughing] | 面对压力无所畏惧 |
[20:55] | You made the whole club look awesome, too. | 你让我们俱乐部都与有荣焉 |
[20:57] | Right, Kristy? | 对吧?克里斯蒂 |
[21:00] | Yeah. She did. | 没错 是这样的 |
[21:03] | We have to celebrate. There are gummy worms in the chair, | 我们得庆祝一下 椅子里有毛毛虫橡皮糖 |
[21:07] | and for those of you who prefer non-gelatin-based candy, | 如果有人不喜欢吃含明胶的软糖 |
[21:11] | M&Ms. | 还有妙趣豆 |
[21:14] | Sorry for being such a jerk to you in the cafeteria. | 抱歉我在食堂里那样奚落你 |
[21:17] | To make up for it, | 作为补偿 |
[21:18] | I made a playlist called “Mary Anne Is Boss” because you are. | 我做了叫“玛丽安是老大”的播放列表 因为你的确是 |
[21:22] | -♪ Mary Anne, Mary Anne, Mary Anne… ♪ -[laughing] | |
[21:28] | So… | 那么… |
[21:30] | can we be friends again, too? | 我们也能做回朋友吗? |
[21:32] | Yeah, as long as your new best friend doesn’t mind. | 行 只要你新交的好朋友不介意 |
[21:34] | Oh, Kristy. | 克里斯蒂 |
[21:36] | Don’t be such a baby. | 别像个宝宝一样 |
[21:38] | [laughs] | |
[21:41] | [Mary Anne] I don’t really believe in Morbidda… | 我其实不太相信摩比达… |
[21:43] | I mean, Aunt Esme’s “moon of the Scorpio” type stuff, | 我是说埃斯梅姨妈 “天蝎座新月”那一套 |
[21:46] | but there certainly have been a lot of changes this month. | 但是这个月的确发生了很多变化 |
[21:48] | A fantastic new friend… | 一个超棒的新朋友… |
[21:51] | and some new, shall we say, swagger. | 还有新的时尚风格 |
[21:56] | ♪ Mary Anne, Mary Anne Mary Anne, Mary Anne… ♪ | |
[22:03] | I felt my outside was finally starting to match my inside: | 我的外表终于开始和内在匹配了 |
[22:06] | grown-up and sparkly. | 成熟又闪耀 |
[22:13] | My dad even let me invite Dawn and her mom for family Thanksgiving… | 我爸甚至允许我邀请道恩和她妈妈 来参加我们的感恩节… |
[22:17] | You look terrific. | 你看起来棒极了 |
[22:18] | …without stalking them online and asking for Social Security numbers. | 而他没有在网上把她们查个底朝天 或询问她们的社会保险号 |
[22:22] | A small step for man, a giant leap for my dad. | 这是人类的一小步 我爸的一大步 |
[22:25] | [doorbell rings] | |
[22:27] | [laughs] | |
[22:32] | Hi, you’re here! | 嗨 你来了! |
[22:34] | Hi, oh, my gosh! | 嗨 我的天! |
[22:36] | You look amazing. | 你看起来美极了 |
[22:38] | [laughing] | |
[22:42] | [both] Snail! | 蜗牛! |
[22:44] | Dad, this is my friend Dawn and her mom. | 爸爸 这是我的朋友道恩 还有她妈妈 |
[22:47] | Sharon. | 莎朗? |
[22:48] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[22:50] | [laughs] | |
[22:53] | Do you guys know each other? | 你们俩认识? |
[22:55] | -A long time ago. -We went to high school together. | -很久以前 -我们是高中同学 |
[22:58] | They dated. In a big way. | 他们谈过恋爱 轰轰烈烈的那种 |
[23:00] | Hope you’re not the kind of family who doesn’t do stuffing. | 希望你们不是那种 火鸡里不放馅料的家庭 好吧 |
[23:04] | [Richard laughs] Well. | |
[23:06] | Aunt Esme hasn’t changed a bit. | 埃斯梅姨妈真是一点没变 |
[23:07] | -Nope. -[Richard] Yeah. | -没变 -是的 |
[23:08] | -Well, please come in. -Thank you. | -请进吧 -谢谢 |
[23:12] | [Mary Anne] I knew this Thanksgiving was gonna be special. | 我知道这个感恩节会很特别 |
[23:14] | -[both] Oh, my gosh. -But I had no idea | -我的天 -但是我完全没想到 |
[23:16] | -that it would be this special. -[both gasp] | 居然会这么特别 (缅怀芬文巴斯克特) |
[23:18] | ♪ Mary Anne, Mary Anne Mary Anne, Mary Anne… ♪ | |
[23:24] | ♪ You know you got me feeling cool ♪ | |
[23:26] | ♪ Like summer dew, I wake with you Mary Anne, Mary Anne ♪ | |
[23:33] | ♪ You go north And I get down, down, down, down ♪ | |
[23:41] | ♪ You are only ten-day deep ♪ | |
[23:44] | ♪ But now I’m back And you’re not around ♪ | |
[23:48] | ♪ I get down, down, down, down Down, down ♪ | |
[23:53] | ♪ Mary Anne, Mary Anne Mary Anne, Mary Anne ♪ | |
[23:59] | ♪ You know you got me feeling cool ♪ | |
[24:01] | ♪ Like summer dew, I wake with you Mary Anne, Mary Anne ♪ |