时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | [Claudia] There’s an old Buddhist saying: | 佛偈有云: |
[00:19] | “Remembering a wrong is like carrying a burden in the mind.” | “记住错误是在为心灵背负重担” |
[00:22] | So true. | 说得真对 |
[00:26] | Mary Anne isn’t home. | 玛丽安不在家 |
[00:28] | We actually came to see you. | 我们其实是来找你的 |
[00:30] | Great. | 很好 |
[00:32] | We feel terrible about what happened the other week with the wallpaper. | 关于之前壁纸的事 我们非常抱歉 |
[00:35] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[00:37] | You were trying to do something nice for Mary Anne, | 你们是想为玛丽安做好事 |
[00:39] | and I’m sorry for the way I reacted. | 很抱歉我做出了那样的反应 |
[00:41] | Well, we were actually hoping you’d say that. | 我们其实希望你能这么说来着 |
[00:43] | Because we’ve come to propose a creative collaboration! | 因为我们想提议一个创造性的合作! |
[00:47] | Have you ever heard of Queer Eye? | 你听说过《粉雄救兵》吗? |
[00:49] | Of cour– oh, no. | 当然…噢 不 |
[00:50] | -They’re not here, are they? -No, but we are the Terrific Two! | -他们不会来了吧? -没有 但是 我们是超级二人组! |
[00:54] | I love that. | 这个名字真好 |
[00:56] | So we were thinking that this time we could redo Mary Anne’s room again. | 我们这次想重新装饰玛丽安的房间 |
[00:59] | [Claudia] Richard wasn’t a bad guy. | 理查德不是个坏人 |
[01:01] | He just needed to be worn down to death. | 他只是需要被磨到精疲力竭 |
[01:03] | [both] Please! | 求你啦? |
[01:05] | I don’t know… Okay. | 我也不知道…行吧 |
[01:06] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[01:07] | Oh, my gosh! | 我的天! |
[01:08] | -You won’t regret it. -We promise. | -你不会后悔的 -我们保证 |
[01:10] | So, A or B? | 选A还是选B? |
[01:12] | -I focused on the room stuff, -[chattering] | 我专心改造房间 |
[01:14] | while Stacey tried to get Richard on board with a mood of his own. | 史黛西尝试让理查德找到自己的风格 |
[01:18] | For what? | 干什么用的? |
[01:19] | [Claudia] And the great work began. | 伟大的工程开始了 |
[01:24] | I thought this was hip. | 我觉得这发型挺酷的 |
[01:25] | -Look, let’s try some glue. -Glue. | -我们试试发胶吧 -发胶? |
[01:27] | ♪ And our world Never looked so bright… ♪ | |
[01:30] | -Okay. -Just one little brush. | -够了 -再梳一下下 |
[01:32] | -Okay, okay, okay. -Just one, just one. | -行了… -就一下 一下 |
[01:39] | -This smell really good. Smell it. Yeah. -Hmm. I mean… | 这个真的很好闻 你闻闻 我是说… |
[01:46] | -Yep, yep. -Okay, why don’t– | -对… -好了 我还是… |
[01:47] | You know what? I think I’d like to read the instructions first. | 那个 我想先看看说明书 |
[01:53] | Ready? Three, two, one! | 准备好了吗? 三 二 一! |
[01:56] | -[gasping] -[Stacey] Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[01:58] | -[Dawn] Oh, my gosh! -[Stacey] This rug. | -天哪! -这地毯 |
[01:58] | This rug is my husband! | 这地毯是我老公! |
[02:00] | I love the purple! It’s so… | 我好爱这个紫色! 这可真… |
[02:04] | Pop, yet regal. | 流行 又华丽 |
[02:06] | Exactly! | 正是! |
[02:07] | This looks like a room my mom stages for buyers, | 这简直像我妈为客户布置的样板间 |
[02:11] | and that’s a compliment. | 这是一句赞扬 |
[02:12] | This pillow… I’m divorcing the rug and marrying this pillow. | 这个枕头… 我要和地毯离婚改嫁枕头了 |
[02:15] | [laughing] | |
[02:17] | Mary Anne, what do you think? | 玛丽安 你觉得怎样? |
[02:20] | Uh, it’s very purple, | 非常紫 |
[02:23] | but great. [exhales] | 但很棒 |
[02:25] | [Claudia] Just goes to show what you can accomplish | 这展现了非凡的艺术眼光 能有多大成效 |
[02:27] | with a singular artistic vision. | |
[02:33] | Speaking of which, right before spring break, | 说到这个 在放春假之前 |
[02:36] | Mrs. Johanssen chose me as an official artist | 约翰森老师选中我为正式成员 |
[02:39] | in the Eastern Connecticut District Art Show, | 去参加东康涅狄格州艺术展 |
[02:42] | and because I’m also a romantic genius, | 因为我还是一个浪漫的天才 |
[02:44] | I had the idea of inviting Trevor Sandbourne over | 所以我邀请了特雷弗桑德伯恩 |
[02:47] | to help me choose which pieces to show. | 来帮我挑选参展作品 |
[02:49] | The Tootsie Roll Pop is very compelling. | 《爱心糖果》这幅画很引人注目 |
[02:51] | Thank you.[laughs] | 谢谢 |
[02:55] | I’m not supposed to tell anyone this, | 我本来不该跟任何人讲这些 |
[02:57] | but one of the judges on the panel | 但是艺术展中的一个评委 |
[02:58] | is the head of admissions for the Summer Art Institute in New Haven. | 是纽黑文暑期艺术学院的招生主任 |
[03:01] | [Claudia] In case you didn’t know, New Haven is what fancy people call Yale. | 给大家科普一下 纽黑文就是耶鲁的时髦叫法 |
[03:05] | Trevor was talking… | 特雷弗说的是… |
[03:06] | About the most prestigious high school fine arts program in the country. | 全国最著名的高中艺术项目 |
[03:10] | Seriously? | 真的吗? |
[03:11] | I mean, they don’t usually take middle schoolers, | 他们一般不收初中生 但有时候也会破例 |
[03:13] | but sometimes they make exceptions. | |
[03:16] | I really think Paola will respond to these. | 我真的觉得波拉会认可这些画 |
[03:20] | Is this triptych intended as a pop art homage? | 这三联画是想致敬波普艺术吗? |
[03:24] | Or do you feel you have something to say | 还是你对美国的消费主义 |
[03:25] | about American consumerism that hasn’t been said before? | 有什么前所未闻的高见? |
[03:28] | This is my sister Janine. | 这是我的姐姐 珍妮 |
[03:30] | She hatched from a space pod my parents found in the compost bin | 她是从我父母在堆肥桶里 找到的太空舱中孵化出来的 |
[03:34] | and has struggled to adapt to the customs of Earth. | 她还在努力适应地球的习俗 |
[03:36] | I beg your pardon. | 你说什么? |
[03:38] | I merely came to remind you our parents asked me to verify | 我来只是想提醒你 我们爸妈说了 |
[03:41] | your finished review questions on your social studies unit on World War II | 要我来检查你做完的 社会学科的二战单元复习题 |
[03:45] | before their return from the cinema tonight. | 在他们晚上看完电影回家之前 |
[03:47] | I should probably get home anyway. | 我也该回家了 |
[03:53] | [Claudia] Janine is a life ruiner. | 珍妮就是人生摧毁者 |
[03:55] | She literally ruins lives. | 她真的会摧毁人生 |
[03:57] | Even worse,after dinner, | 更糟的是 晚餐后 |
[03:59] | Mimi suggested we make her feel included by offering to play her favorite game. | 美美让我们和她一起玩她最爱的游戏 这样她更有参与感 |
[04:04] | Perhaps I should cede my next turn in the interest of livelier game play. | 我是不是应该放弃下一个回合 让这游戏多点活力? |
[04:11] | -Mimi, are you all right? -[laughs] Just a little tired. | 美美 你还好吗? 只是有点累 |
[04:15] | Claudia, why don’t you take your turn? | 克劳迪娅 开始你的回合吧? |
[04:18] | Purple. Claudia, that’s art. | 紫色 克劳迪娅 艺术类 |
[04:22] | “The artist Georges Seurat is known for developing | “艺术家乔治修拉以发明何种 |
[04:26] | what kind of infinitesimally focused painting technique?” | 密集点状绘画技巧而闻名?” |
[04:30] | Excuse me. | 什么? |
[04:31] | This should be easy. | 这题应该很简单 |
[04:32] | Art is a subject of which you are meant to be extremely knowledgeable. | 你对艺术应该了解得很透彻才对 |
[04:35] | First you humiliate me in front of Trevor… | 你先是在特雷弗面前羞辱我… |
[04:38] | -Who’s Trevor? -…and now you’re making fun of me | -特雷弗是谁? -现在你又嘲笑我 |
[04:40] | because I can’t answer some stupid question in your stupid game! | 只因为我答不上来 你愚蠢游戏里的愚蠢题目! |
[04:43] | I’m not making fun of you. | 我没有嘲笑你 |
[04:44] | I was merely expressing my surprise | 我只是在表示惊讶 |
[04:46] | in your lack of erudition in your chosen field. | 因为你对自己选择的领域了解不深 |
[04:48] | You don’t choose to be an artist, Janine. You just are! | 你不能选择成为艺术家 珍妮 艺术家是天生的! |
[04:51] | Art isn’t about stupid facts, | 艺术与愚蠢的常识无关 |
[04:53] | it’s about feelings, | 而是抒发情感 |
[04:55] | but do you even know what that is? | 你懂情感是什么吗? |
[04:57] | Do you ever feel anything? | 你产生过任何情感吗? |
[04:59] | Claudia, that is enough! | 克劳迪娅 够了! |
[05:02] | [Claudia] Mimi, I– | 美美 我… |
[05:03] | I’m going to go lie down. | 我要去躺下了 |
[05:07] | This is all your fault. | 这都是你的错 |
[05:09] | What is? | 什么? |
[05:10] | Mimi’s upset, all because of you. | 美美难过都是因为你 |
[05:13] | -[Mimi shouts] -[thud] | |
[05:15] | [Claudia] Mimi! | 美美! |
[05:23] | Are you the family of Makiko Yamamoto? | 你们是真纪子山本的家人吗? |
[05:26] | Mimi. I’m her daughter, Kimiko Kishi. | 我是美美的女儿 岸纪美子 |
[05:28] | -Mrs. Kishi, your mother is stable. -[sighs] Oh, thank God. | 岸纪美子女士 你母亲情况稳定了 太好了 |
[05:32] | [sniffles] | |
[05:33] | But we do want to keep her under close observation for the time being. | 但是目前还是要对她进行密切观察 |
[05:36] | She suffered a pretty serious stroke. | 她经历了一次很严重的中风 |
[05:38] | Hemorrhagic or ischemic? | 出血性还是缺血性? |
[05:39] | Um, ischemic. | 缺血性 |
[05:41] | A restricted flow of blood to the brain. | 脑血流受到了阻断 |
[05:43] | As expected, due to her age. | 猜到了 毕竟她年龄很大 |
[05:44] | You seem to know a lot about this. | 你好像很懂这些 |
[05:46] | Vascular neurology is one of my areas of passion. | 我对血管神经病学很感兴趣 |
[05:50] | How is she? | 她怎么样? |
[05:51] | Well, the stroke occurred on the left side of her brain, | 中风发生在她的左半脑 |
[05:53] | so her speech will almost certainly be affected. | 所以她的说话能力肯定会受影响 |
[05:55] | Mimi can’t talk? | 美美不能说话了? |
[05:57] | Well, it’s too early to tell. Miracles do happen. | 现在还看不出来 奇迹是会发生的 |
[06:00] | We’ll know more over the next 48 hours. | 我们在接下来48小时会掌握更多信息 |
[06:02] | -Can we see her? -Of course. | -我们能去看看她吗? -当然 |
[06:04] | Unfortunately, we don’t allow children under 14 in the intensive care unit. | 不过我们不允许14岁以下的孩子 进重症监护室 |
[06:08] | You guys go. | 你们去吧 |
[06:10] | I’ll stay here. | 我留在这里 待会儿见 孩子 |
[06:13] | -[exhales] -[father] We’ll see you in a bit, kiddo. | |
[06:24] | [Claudia] There was one person in my family who would have stayed with me, | 本来会有一个家人留下来陪我的 |
[06:28] | but she wasn’t here. | 但是她不在 |
[06:33] | So I talked to all the girls this morning, | 今天早上我跟姑娘们商量好了 |
[06:34] | and we’ve got all your jobs covered for the next few weeks, | 你接下来几周的工作我们帮你做 |
[06:37] | and we’ll give you the money anyway. | 但工资还是照常给你 |
[06:39] | Honestly, I just want everything to be as normal as possible. | 说真的 我只想让一切都正常 |
[06:42] | Mimi’s gonna be fine. | 美美会没事的 |
[06:44] | [Janine] I wouldn’t be so sure about that. | 这可说不准 |
[06:47] | What do you want, Janine? | 珍妮 你要干嘛? |
[06:48] | Merely to disabuse you of the notion | 我只是想来纠正你的观念 |
[06:50] | that Mimi’s recovery will be swift and/or complete. | 美美不会很快或者完全恢复健康 |
[06:53] | You’re saying she won’t get better? | 你是说她身体不会变好了? |
[06:55] | Mimi is 83 years old. | 美美83岁了 |
[06:57] | Her likelihood of total recovery is low. | 她完全恢复的可能性极低 |
[06:59] | We shouldn’t delude ourselves. | 我们不能自己骗自己 |
[07:01] | You think I’m delusional, you think Mimi’s gonna give up, | 你觉得我在自我欺骗 美美会放弃 |
[07:04] | but I know better than that, and that’s why she loves me more than you. | 但是我不那么觉得 所以她爱我胜过爱你 |
[07:11] | I didn’t talk to her for the rest of the afternoon. | 那天下午我没再跟她说话 |
[07:22] | Needs more space at the bottom so it doesn’t distract the judges. | 底部要留更多空间 不要分散评委的注意力 |
[07:26] | -[doorbell rings] -I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[07:31] | Hey, sweetie. | 嘿 亲爱的 |
[07:33] | Your parents called and asked me to check up on you | 你爸妈打电话让我来看看你 |
[07:35] | while they’re at the hospital. I brought pizza. | 他们还在医院 我带了披萨 |
[07:37] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[07:39] | Oh, we’re here, too. | 我们也来了 |
[07:40] | No one called us, but we have casseroles. | 没人给我们打电话 但我们带了炖菜 |
[07:43] | I’m so glad you guys are all here. | 你们都来了 我真高兴 |
[07:46] | Oh. [laughs] | |
[07:47] | What kind of casserole? | 哪种炖菜? |
[07:49] | Healthy. What kind of pizza? | 健康的 哪种披萨? |
[07:50] | -[laughs] Hi, Claud. -Hi, Kristy. | -嗨 克劳迪 -嗨 克里斯蒂 |
[07:53] | -[Kristy] Hey. -She’s gonna be okay, right? | -嘿 -她会没事的吧? |
[07:55] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[07:57] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[07:58] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[08:02] | I’m staying for dinner. | 我要留下吃晚饭 |
[08:04] | -Oh, my God. -Stacey! | -我的天 -史黛西! |
[08:05] | What? | 什么? |
[08:07] | -[Claudia] Since Stacey was here, -[laughing] | 因为史黛西在 |
[08:08] | -Mary Anne texted Dawn to come over, too. -[chattering] | 玛丽安也给道恩发了信息叫她过来 |
[08:10] | -[Stacey] Oh, my God, no! –[Claudia] It was fun. | -我的天 不要! -很好玩 一个快乐的大家庭 |
[08:12] | -[shouting] -[Claudia] One big, happy family. | |
[08:16] | -More or less. -[gasping] | 差不多是吧 |
[08:18] | -Sam! -[laughing] | 山姆! |
[08:20] | -I like yours. -Oh, thanks. | 我喜欢你的 谢谢 |
[08:23] | I’m done. | 我做好了 |
[08:25] | Is that a blender? | 这是搅拌机吗? |
[08:26] | It’s this thing I draw. | 我喜欢画这个 |
[08:28] | Oh, ’cause nothing says “Get well soon” like a blender. | 因为搅拌机最能表达“早日康复” |
[08:31] | Well, I think it’s cool. | 我觉得很酷 |
[08:34] | I might make one that covers my whole wall, | 我可能会画一幅能遮住整面墙的 |
[08:36] | once we’re at Watson’s house. | 在到了沃森家之后 |
[08:38] | [Stacey] Are you getting excited to move? | 要搬家了你激动吗? |
[08:39] | [scoffs] | |
[08:40] | Kristy’s worried that if our mom isn’t stressed about money | 克里斯蒂担心 如果我们的妈妈 |
[08:43] | every single second of her life, | 没有每一秒都在为钱操心 |
[08:44] | she’s gonna stop being a feminist or something. | 她可能就不够女权了 |
[08:46] | So it’s better we all live on top of each other and go into crazy debt for college | 所以我们最好都叠在一起住 然后欠超多助学贷款 |
[08:50] | -rather than compromise our values -[laughs] | 而不是妥协我们的价值观 |
[08:52] | by letting Mom marry a chill guy that totally loves her. | 让妈妈嫁给一个很爱她的好男人 |
[08:55] | Isn’t that right, Kristy? | 是这样的吗 克里斯蒂? |
[08:56] | Well, when you put it that way… | 你要这么说的话… 这是铸铁锅 我来 |
[08:58] | [laughing] | |
[09:01] | Oh. That’s cast-iron. Here. | |
[09:06] | Do it by hand. | 需要手洗 |
[09:12] | It was nice of you to bring that over. | 你能带菜过来真好 岸一家人对我们非常好 尤其是美美 |
[09:14] | Oh, well, the Kishis have always been so kind to us. Particularly Mimi. | |
[09:19] | I was sorry to hear that you and Sharon stopped seeing each other. | 听说你和莎朗分开了 我很抱歉 |
[09:24] | The girls talk. | 姑娘们说的 |
[09:27] | Oh. | |
[09:29] | Well, I suppose it was inevitable. | 迟早都会分开吧 |
[09:33] | After all, she’s lovely and free-spirited, | 毕竟她可爱又随性 |
[09:36] | and I… | 而我… |
[09:38] | tuck in my shirt very tightly. | 把衬衫扎得很紧 |
[09:43] | The girls do talk. | 姑娘们什么都说 |
[09:48] | Your hair looks nice. | 你的头发很好看 |
[09:51] | It has clay in it. | 里面有黏土 |
[09:55] | [telephone ringing] | |
[10:02] | [laughs] So, are you loving your new room? | 你喜欢新房间吗? |
[10:06] | Oh, yes, totally, I just… | 太喜欢了 我只是… |
[10:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:13] | I think I just need to get used to it. | 我可能还需要适应一下 |
[10:15] | That makes sense. | 可以理解 |
[10:16] | Claudia, your mom called from the hospital. | 克劳迪娅 你妈妈从医院打来电话 |
[10:21] | -Mimi woke up. –[Claudia gasps] | 美美醒了 |
[10:23] | -Oh, really? -[Stacey] Oh, my goodness. | -真的? -太好了 |
[10:25] | -Thank God. –[Claudia] I knew it. | 克劳迪娅 -太好了 -我就知道 |
[10:26] | I knew that my Mimi was gonna be all right. | 我就知道我的美美会没事的 |
[10:35] | She opened her eyes, and she can hear us. | 她睁开眼睛了 可以听到我们说话 |
[10:38] | Not talking much yet, but she’s trying. | 还不太能说话 但是她在努力尝试 |
[10:41] | She’s in there. | 她在里面 |
[10:43] | Why don’t you go in there and take a moment? | 你进去跟她聊聊吧? |
[10:49] | Oh, come on. | 好了 美美 |
[10:51] | -[machines beeping] -Mimi. | |
[10:53] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[10:55] | Claudia. | 克劳迪娅 |
[10:57] | I’m so glad they moved you so I could see you, too. | 他们给你换床了真好 这样我也能见到你 |
[11:00] | We made get well cards. | 我们做了慰问卡 |
[11:02] | All the girls and Sam. | 所有女孩都做了 还有山姆 |
[11:04] | He drew this blender. | 他画了这个搅拌机 |
[11:08] | Are you feeling okay? | 你还好吗? |
[11:10] | My big art show’s tomorrow. | 我的大艺术展在明天 |
[11:12] | The Eastern Connecticut School District exhibition. | 东康涅狄格州艺术展 |
[11:15] | Maybe we could sneak you out in a wheelchair for an hour or two. | 或许可以用轮椅推着你 溜出去一两个小时 |
[11:18] | I could make you a disguise, | 我可以给你变装 |
[11:20] | like big sunglasses and a wig. | 戴超大的墨镜和假发 |
[11:23] | [mumbles] | |
[11:24] | What, Mimi? I– | 什么 美美?我… |
[11:26] | Each. Peach! | 袄子 桃子! |
[11:27] | You want a peach? | 你想吃桃子? |
[11:28] | No, no, peach, no. | 不 桃子 不 |
[11:30] | Where? Where? | 哪里? |
[11:31] | -Calm down, it’s okay. -[sobbing] | 冷静 没事的 |
[11:33] | No, no house! | 不 不要房子! |
[11:35] | No horse! | 不要马! |
[11:37] | Mimi! | 美美! |
[11:38] | She’s upset. | 她不开心了 |
[11:38] | Better let her rest. | 最好让她休息一下 |
[11:40] | [crying] | |
[11:49] | [Claudia] I’d never seen her like this. | 我从没见过她这个样子 |
[11:51] | I’d never seen anyone like this. | 我从没见过任何人这样 |
[11:56] | I learned to draw before I learned to read. | 我在识字之前就学会画画了 |
[11:59] | Images have always helped me make sense the world. | 图像总能帮我理解这个世界 |
[12:02] | Maybe they’d help me understand what Mimi was trying to tell me. | 也许它们也能帮我理解美美想说什么 也许不行 |
[12:06] | [sighs] Maybe not. | |
[12:09] | It was hard to think about anything but Mimi. | 我很难去想美美以外的任何事 |
[12:13] | At least I had the art fair to distract me. | 至少艺术展可以帮我分散注意力 |
[12:15] | These are so good, they almost make me forget that refined sugar is legal poison. | 画得真好 让我差点忘了精制糖是合法毒品 |
[12:19] | [laughing] | |
[12:20] | Yeah, and they actually look like something, | 是的 它们看起来像个东西 |
[12:21] | instead of scribbles that you can’t even tell what they’re supposed to be. | 而不是一堆看不出想表现什么的涂鸦 |
[12:24] | I believe the word you’re looking for is “abstract.” | 你想说的是“抽象”吧? |
[12:27] | Hey, I like what I like. | 反正我喜欢这个 |
[12:28] | [chuckling] | |
[12:31] | Here they come. | 他们来了 |
[12:33] | That’s Paola in the glasses. She’s the one I was telling you about. | 戴眼镜的是波拉 我说过的那个人 |
[12:37] | -Good luck, Claud. -Good luck. | -祝你好运 克劳迪 -祝你好运 |
[12:42] | Break a leg. I know you’re gonna win first prize. | 祝成功 你一定会得第一名 |
[12:45] | Mimi will be so proud. | 美美会为你骄傲 |
[12:51] | [sighs] | |
[12:56] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[13:01] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛? |
[13:02] | My sister’s showing her pottery. | 我姐姐的陶艺参展了 |
[13:05] | You like this one? | 你喜欢这幅画? 这个吗? |
[13:07] | [exhales] What, this? | |
[13:10] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[13:11] | Oh, boy. | 我的天 我… |
[13:13] | Um, I… | |
[13:16] | I think it’s a basket of eggs. | 我觉得这是一篮鸡蛋 |
[13:20] | Eggs. | 鸡蛋 |
[13:23] | [Mary Anne chuckles] | |
[13:25] | Bye. | 再见 |
[13:28] | Um, you spoke. | 你说话了 |
[13:30] | That’s progress. | 有进步呀 我为什么会这样? |
[13:31] | [sighs] Why am I like this? | |
[13:34] | New hair, new clothes, new room and still– | 新发型 新衣服 新房间 但… |
[13:37] | You didn’t just magically become Stacey. | 你又不能摇身一变成为史黛西 |
[13:40] | Mary Anne, can I ask you something? | 玛丽安 我能问你件事吗? |
[13:44] | Do you even like your new room? | 你喜欢你的新房间吗? |
[13:47] | I– I do… | 我喜欢… |
[13:50] | in theory. | 理论上来说 我不知道 |
[13:52] | [sighs] I don’t know. | |
[13:54] | I guess it just doesn’t feel like… | 我只是觉得它没有… |
[13:57] | home. | 家的感觉 |
[13:59] | Maybe there’s something we could do about that. | 我们应该有办法解决这件事 |
[14:01] | Yeah, maybe there were just some things you weren’t quite ready to leave behind. | 也许你还没准备好抛下某些东西 |
[14:14] | The shading on that one turned out really nice. | 那幅画的阴影效果很好 |
[14:18] | What was the motivation for you to create these images? | 你创作这些图像的动机是什么? |
[14:23] | Let me say it another way. | 让我换个说法 |
[14:25] | What are you hoping this work communicates to the viewer? | 你想通过这个作品向观众表达什么? |
[14:29] | It’s like a… | 它是在… |
[14:31] | pop art homage about… | 致敬波普艺术… |
[14:34] | American consumerism. [laughs] | 主题是美国消费主义 怎么说? |
[14:36] | Hmm. How so? | |
[14:39] | I thought it’d be cool to draw the little crinkles. | 我觉得画上一些小褶皱会很酷 |
[14:43] | Your skill as a draftsman is impressive. | 你的绘画技法令人印象深刻 |
[14:46] | But if you choose to continue making art, | 但如果你选择继续艺术创作 |
[14:49] | I would urge you to ask yourself why. | 我希望你能问问自己为什么 |
[14:51] | Why this? Why now? Why you? | 为什么画这个? 为什么现在画? 为什么由你画? |
[14:56] | What images do you need the world to see? | 你想向世界展现怎样的图像? |
[15:02] | [Claudia] If I “chose” to continue making art? | 如果我“选择”继续艺术创作? |
[15:05] | Did that mean she thought I should stop? | 她是觉得我应该放弃吗? |
[15:09] | Are you feeling better today, Mimi? | 今天感觉好点了吗 美美? |
[15:18] | -Here. -What are you doing? | 给你 你在干什么? |
[15:20] | Trying to help Mimi. | 我在帮美美 |
[15:22] | Patients with aphasia, | 失语症患者 |
[15:24] | that is, people who have trouble with spoken language, like Mimi, | 也就是说话有障碍的人 比如美美 |
[15:27] | often respond more clearly to images. | 对图像的回应会更清晰 |
[15:29] | I thought if you drew something, it might help Mimi find her words. | 你画点东西 也许能帮美美恢复语言能力 |
[15:33] | Yeah, ’cause I’m such a skilled draftsman. | 是啊 因为我的绘画技法高超 |
[15:40] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:42] | Mimi, what can I draw that will magically make you you again? | 美美 我画什么 才能让你神奇地变回自己呢? |
[15:47] | A butterfly? | 蝴蝶? |
[15:49] | A teapot? | 茶壶? |
[15:51] | A yarn ball? | 毛线球? |
[15:55] | Peach. Peach. No, no. | 桃子 桃子 不 不 |
[15:58] | I know, you hate peaches. | 我知道 你恨桃子 |
[16:06] | Horse. | 马 |
[16:08] | House. | 房 |
[16:09] | No, kodomo, no! | 不 孩子 不! |
[16:11] | -I don’t understand what you mean– -Mimi… | -我不懂你的意思… -美美… |
[16:14] | [speaking Japanese] Are you talking about Manzanar? | 你想说曼扎拿集中营吗? |
[16:16] | [speaks Japanese] Yes, Manzanar. I remember Manzanar. | 是的 曼扎拿 我记得曼扎拿的事 |
[16:20] | -You told me about it before. -[Mimi sighs] | 你以前跟我讲过 |
[16:23] | [Claudia in English] My whole life, there were two things I knew for sure, | 我这一生 很清楚两件事情 |
[16:26] | that I was an artist and that Mimi understood me. | 我是个艺术家 再就是美美懂我 |
[16:29] | [chattering in Japanese] | |
[16:30] | [Claudia in English] Now it felt like I didn’t know anything. | 现在我感觉自己什么都不知道 |
[16:33] | [Kristy] Just when I thought I was out, he pulls me back in. | 我以为自己摆脱了 他又把我拉了回来 |
[16:36] | It’s the eyes. | 这双眼睛 |
[16:38] | They haunt you. | 萦绕在脑海中 |
[16:39] | Maybe it’s a Horcrux. | 这也许是个魂器 |
[16:41] | A piece of someone’s soul is trapped in there, | 里面藏了一个人的灵魂碎片 |
[16:43] | calling out to me. | 在召唤我 |
[16:44] | Um… | |
[16:47] | I think you may be right. | 你可能说对了 |
[16:50] | [Kristy] Is that you, Mary Anne? | 这是你吗 玛丽安? (艾尔玛 1974) |
[16:55] | It’s my mom. | 这是我妈妈 |
[17:08] | She’s sleeping. | 她睡了 |
[17:09] | Mom and Dad will be here in 20 minutes. | 爸爸妈妈20分钟后到 |
[17:17] | Do you know what that was about? | 你知道我们刚在说什么吗? |
[17:19] | I don’t speak Japanese, remember? | 我不懂日语 记得吗? |
[17:22] | -You could have learned. -Why? | -你本可以学的 -为什么? |
[17:24] | Mom and Dad don’t speak it, and Mimi was born in America. | 爸爸妈妈不说日语 美美出生在美国 |
[17:27] | She spoke Japanese growing up at home. | 她从小就在家说日语 |
[17:30] | It’s her first language. | 那是她的母语 |
[17:33] | Sometimes after a brain injury, | 有时候在大脑受创后 |
[17:36] | a person’s oldest memories are the easiest to access. | 人最容易想起的 是最久远的记忆 |
[17:39] | That’s why all the stuff about Manzanar keeps coming up. | 所以她才一直说曼扎拿的事情 |
[17:42] | What’s Manzanar? | 曼扎拿是什么? |
[17:44] | Claudia, you can’t be serious. | 克劳迪娅 你连这都不知道 |
[17:45] | Is it some make-believe place like Narnia or something? | 不是纳尼亚之类的编出来的地方吗? |
[17:48] | It was an internment camp. | 那是一个集中营 |
[17:51] | Mimi and her family were there for three years, starting when she was five. | 美美和她的家人从她五岁起 在那儿待了三年 |
[17:55] | During World War II, Japanese-Americans, American citizens, | 二战期间 日裔美国人 也就是美国公民 |
[18:00] | were classified as enemy aliens by the US. | 被美国定义为外敌 |
[18:03] | The US government ripped them from their homes | 美国政府把他们从家里赶出来 |
[18:04] | and put them into prison camps | 放进集中营里关押 |
[18:06] | all because they were Japanese. | 就因为他们是日裔 |
[18:09] | I know about the internment. | 我知道集中营 |
[18:11] | I didn’t know it happened to Mimi. | 但我不知道美美经历过 |
[18:13] | She doesn’t talk about it unless you ask. | 你不问的话她是不会说的 |
[18:18] | I asked her once. | 我问过她一次 |
[18:22] | Was it horrible? | 很可怕吗? |
[18:25] | When they were first arrested, | 他们刚被抓的时候 |
[18:27] | the camps weren’t ready. | 集中营还没建好 |
[18:29] | So they slept for months in horse stalls at the racetrack. | 他们就在赛马场的马厩里睡了几个月 |
[18:33] | Horse… | 马… |
[18:35] | house. | 房子 |
[18:36] | They had to wear numbered tags on their coats when they were processed. | 他们必须在外套上佩戴数字标签分类 |
[18:41] | The food was terrible. | 食物非常可怕 |
[18:43] | Rotten, frozen. Things like Vienna sausage and canned fruit. | 腐烂的 冷冻的… 像维也纳香肠和罐头水果 |
[18:47] | Peaches. | 桃子 |
[18:49] | There was barbed wire, armed guards. | 那里有带刺的铁丝网 武装警卫 |
[18:53] | No one knew what would happen or when it would end. | 没人知道会发生什么 什么时候会结束 |
[18:56] | So Mimi is trapped in her worst memories forever? | 美美会永远被困在 自己最可怕的回忆里吗? |
[19:03] | I know it doesn’t seem like it, | 我知道这看起来很糟 |
[19:05] | but this is a good sign. | 但它是个好迹象 |
[19:07] | She’s finding herself again, | 她开始找回自己了 |
[19:10] | and she’ll find her way back to us. | 她会找到回我们身边的路的 |
[19:13] | To you. | 回你身边的路 |
[19:22] | I don’t understand how someone could do that to a family. | 我不理解怎么会有人 对一个家庭做出那种事 |
[19:25] | I don’t understand why they still do. | 我不理解为什么他们还在这样做 |
[19:30] | [Claudia] The past isn’t dead. | 过去不会消亡 |
[19:32] | It isn’t even past. | 过去甚至没有过去 |
[19:33] | I thought that was an old Buddhist saying, too, | 我以为这也是一句佛偈 |
[19:36] | but Janine said it was actually some guy named William Faulkner. | 但珍妮说这是一个 叫威廉福克纳的人说的 |
[19:39] | I think it’s a good one, | 我觉得说得很好 |
[19:41] | because the past, the good and the bad, | 因为过去 无论是好是坏 |
[19:44] | will always be with us. | 都是我们的一部分 |
[19:52] | We have to understand where we’ve been | 我们必须了解自己来自何处 |
[19:54] | to know where we’re going… | 才能明白该去向何方… |
[20:02] | and the images each of us need to show the world. | 以及我们每个人想展现给世界的图像 |
[20:10] | [doorbell rings] | |
[20:13] | You’re home! | 你回家了! |
[20:14] | [Dawn] We’re so happy to see you. | 见到你太开心了 |
[20:16] | I made you an afghan, but I ran out of yarn, | 我给你做了软毛毯 但毛线不够用 |
[20:18] | -so I guess it’s a scarf. -[laughing] | 所以这应该是条围巾 |
[20:20] | Thank you. Beautiful. | 谢谢 真美 |
[20:22] | [Stacey] Hi, Mimi. | 嗨 美美 |
[20:24] | So glad you’re better. | 你好起来了 我真开心 |
[20:26] | You okay, Mimi? | 你还好吗 美美? |
[20:27] | I… tea. | 我…茶 |
[20:29] | Call me when it’s ready and I’ll bring it upstairs. | 泡好了就叫我一声 我会拿上楼的 |
[20:34] | She’s doing great. | 她状态很好 |
[20:35] | Yeah, she is. | 是 她很棒 |
[20:38] | -Claudia. -[telephone ringing] | 克劳迪娅 |
[20:39] | Was that a phone? | -那是… -电话 |
[20:41] | -What? -The phone. | -什么? -电话 |
[20:43] | [all giggle] The phone! | 接电话! |
[20:45] | [ringing] | |
[20:49] | Baby-Sitters Club, this is Kristy Thomas speaking. | 保姆俱乐部 这里是克里斯蒂托马斯 |
[20:52] | Hi, Mrs. Pike. | 嗨 派克女士 |
[20:55] | Sea City. Uh… | 海城? |
[20:57] | -Are you serious? -[murmuring] | 真的吗? |
[20:58] | -I mean, we’ll have to ask. -Oh, my gosh. | -我们得问一下 -我的天 |
[21:01] | [laughing, chattering] | |
[21:03] | All eight of them. | 八个孩子? |
[21:05] | A whole week of baby-sitting? | 一整周的保姆工作? |
[21:07] | [rock music playing] | |
[21:18] | ♪ What are the things you wanted? The same as anyone? ♪ | |
[21:24] | ♪ Just a hand to hold a little ♪ | |
[21:27] | ♪ After all is said and done And the days were long and open ♪ | |
[21:33] | ♪ ‘Cause I had a view of you The summer of ’42 ♪ | |
[21:39] | ♪ When I was in love with you ♪ | |
[21:43] | ♪ We counted stars above us ♪ | |
[21:46] | ♪ We dreamed of Xanadu ♪ | |
[21:49] | ♪ We’d sneak off to the desert The sand over your fancy shoes ♪ | |
[21:55] | ♪ The first day that I met you I wrote down in my book ♪ | |
[22:01] | ♪ I am in love with you ♪ | |
[22:04] | ♪ I am in love with you ♪ | |
[22:08] | ♪ You ♪ | |
[22:13] | ♪ I am in love with you ♪ | |
[22:21] | ♪ You ♪ | |
[22:26] | ♪ I am in love with you ♪ |