英文名称:THE BEAVER
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:32] | This is a picture of Walter Black, | 这就是沃特·布莱克 |
[01:36] | a hopelessly depressed individual. | 一个抑郁得无可救药的人 |
[01:41] | Somewhere inside him is a man who fell in love, | 曾几何时他也陷入过爱河 |
[01:46] | who started a family… | 并且成家立业 |
[01:47] | And then I woke up. | 然后我就醒了 |
[01:50] | …who ran a successful company. | 经营着一家成功的公司 |
[01:54] | That man has gone missing. | 那个男人已经消失了 |
[01:58] | No matter what he’s tried, | 不管他如何尝试 |
[02:02] | and he’s tried everything, | 他也尝试了所有的方法 |
[02:05] | Walter can’t seem to bring him back. | 沃特都不能再变回从前的样子 |
[02:09] | It’s as if he’s died | 仿佛他已经死了 |
[02:10] | but hasn’t had the good sense to take his body with him. | 但又没有好心带着身体一起死 |
[02:14] | So, mostly, what he does is sleep. | 因此大多数时间 他所做的就是睡觉 |
[02:25] | Shares in his father’s once-proud toy company | 作为父亲生前骄傲的玩具公司股份 |
[02:28] | are now almost as worthless as Walter feels. | 现在和沃特的自我感觉一样一文不值 |
[02:33] | His family used to resemble | 他的家庭曾经很幸福 |
[02:34] | something out of a holiday greeting card | 仿佛贺卡封面上画的一般 |
[02:36] | but now seems to be in perpetual mourning. | 但现在却陷入了无尽的哀伤 |
[02:40] | Henry, his youngest, | 亨利 他的小儿子 |
[02:42] | has become what his teachers call “Solitary.” | 变成了老师所谓的孤僻的孩子 |
[02:46] | He’d like to become invisible one day | 他想有一天变成透明人 |
[02:47] | instead of merely unnoticed by his own father. | 这就不会只被自己的老爸忽视 |
[02:53] | And, Porter, his eldest? | 他的大儿子珀特 |
[02:55] | Well, he’s terrified of becoming just like his father. | 害怕会变得和他父亲一样 |
[02:59] | His mission? | 他的任务呢 |
[03:00] | To catalog every dreaded similarity that links them. | 就是把两人之间的任何相似之处进行统计 |
[03:04] | Every lip bite. | 咬嘴唇 |
[03:05] | Every neck crack. Every involuntary behavior. | 脖子响 每一个不自主的行为 |
[03:09] | He plans to erase them one by one. | 他打算把它们一个接一个的消除 |
[03:13] | His wife, Meredith, | 他的妻子梅拉迪斯 |
[03:14] | has hidden herself behind her engineering work | 把自己藏到工程设计的工作 |
[03:17] | and nighttime conference | 夜间与东京的电话会议 |
[03:19] | calls to Tokyo and rollercoaster designs. | 和设计过山车之后 |
[03:22] | Anything to drown out the reality of an absent husband. | 这一切都是为了掩盖丈夫心不在焉的事实 |
[03:26] | Walter’s depression is an ink | 沃特的消极态度就像墨水 |
[03:29] | that stains everything it touches. | 染污了接触到的所有东西 |
[03:32] | A black hole that swallows all who get near. | 像一个黑洞吞下了所有靠近它的人 |
[03:38] | They’ve all been waiting for him to wake up, | 他们都在等着他醒来 |
[03:42] | to snap out of it, | 从消沉中走出来 |
[03:45] | but he hasn’t. | 但是他没有 |
[03:48] | So, Meredith does the only thing left to do | 所以梅拉迪斯做了最后要做的事 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1119个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:185个,六级词汇:89个,GRE词汇:98个,托福词汇:144个,考研词汇:205个,专四词汇:177个,专八词汇:28个, 所有生词标注共:340个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:52] | and says the only thing left to say. | 说了最后要说的话 |
[03:57] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[04:14] | Jared, you’re failing this class. | 杰拉德 这门课你要不及格了 |
[04:17] | Do you honestly think you can | 你真的认为 |
[04:18] | suddenly hand in an “A” Paper and get away with it? | 只有一篇论文得优 你就能过了吗 |
[04:21] | What about Hector? | 赫克托呢 |
[04:22] | You got him an “A” In Family Development. | 你帮他在家庭发展课上得了个A |
[04:25] | Look, I’ve never written anything for Hector. All right? | 我从来没给赫克托写过任何东西 好吧 |
[04:28] | If he told you differently, he’s a liar. | 如果他不是那么跟你说的 那就是撒谎 |
[04:32] | Hypothetically, had I written him something, | 即使假设我帮他写了东西 |
[04:34] | we would have raised his grades incrementally. | 我们会逐步提升他的成绩 |
[04:36] | And if that happened, then, | 如果这样 |
[04:38] | yes, he might have turned in an “A” Paper. | 也许他的论文能得优 |
[04:40] | He might even be making a | 之前挂科的科目 |
[04:41] | “B” in a class that he used to be failing. | 现在也许能拿良 |
[04:43] | So, if someone wanted me to do this, | 如果有人要我代写作业 |
[04:46] | and do it as them, | 就以他们的身份写 |
[04:47] | in their voice and at their skill level, | 用他们的语气 按他们的水平写 |
[04:50] | I would say that they could either do it my way | 我会告诉他们要么就照我说的办 |
[04:53] | or take your chances buying some piece of shit off the Internet. | 要么就冒险 用从网上买来的垃圾 |
[04:56] | $200 every time? | 写一次200块 |
[04:57] | If it’s too much, write it yourself. | 要是嫌贵就自己写吧 |
[05:01] | More than I pay for weed. | 比我抽大麻贵多了 |
[05:43] | Sorry, buddy. | 对不起 宝贝 |
[05:45] | You passed me again. | 你又没看见我 |
[05:47] | I know, honey. I was looking. | 我知道 宝贝 我在找你 |
[05:53] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样啊 |
[05:56] | Did you talk to anyone? | 你和别人说话了吗 |
[05:59] | I guess. | 算是吧 |
[06:00] | A new person or an old person? | 是新认识的还是老朋友 |
[06:03] | New. | 新认识的 |
[06:04] | Good. What did you talk about? | 很好 那你们谈论了些什么 |
[06:07] | He said I was a ball-licker. | 他说我是基佬 |
[06:10] | I told him I wasn’t, | 我说我不是 |
[06:11] | and he threw me in the dumpster. | 他就把我扔到垃圾桶里去了 |
[06:15] | What? | 什么 |
[06:17] | Did you tell your teacher? | 你告诉老师了吗 |
[06:19] | She got me out of the dumpster. | 是老师把我从垃圾桶里弄出来的 |
[06:24] | Well, this must be some kind of misunderstanding, | 这里面一定有一些误会 |
[06:29] | and we just have to realign or correct their… | 我们只要纠正一下他们 |
[06:33] | I’ll talk to the teacher. | 我会和老师谈谈 |
[06:36] | Is Dad gone? | 爸爸不回来了吗 |
[06:39] | No. He’s not gone, honey. | 不是的 亲爱的 |
[06:43] | We just agreed that it’s | 我们只是一致认为 |
[06:44] | better if we don’t live together anymore. Okay? | 我们不住在一起对大家比较好 明白吗 |
[08:19] | What do you look for beyond the sea, Grasshopper? | 你想在海的那边寻找什么 草蜢 |
[08:24] | That part of me which I know little of. | 我知之甚少的那部分自我 |
[08:26] | The past of which I was born. | 我的过去 我的身世 |
[08:29] | Then, some day, you must seek it. | 那么某一天你一定要去找寻 |
[08:32] | Is it good to seek the past, Master Po? | 寻找过去是件好事吗 卜大师 |
[08:36] | Does it not rob the present? | 它不会让我们失去现在吧 |
[08:38] | If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present. | 如果一个人沉迷于过去 他会失去现在 |
[08:42] | But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future. | 但一个人忽视过去 他就失去了未来 |
[08:47] | The seeds of our destiny are nurtured… | 我们命运的种子… |
[08:49] | That’s beautiful, Grasshopper. | 说得真好 草蜢 |
[08:53] | Here. Here you go. | 来 给你喝点 |
[08:56] | You moved. | 你动了 |
[10:42] | You know, since we’re making changes around here, | 既然我们已经做出了改变 |
[10:46] | maybe you want to get, like, a plumber or something. | 也许你会想找个水管工什么的 |
[10:49] | I mean, this place is falling apart. | 这地方快不行了 |
[10:52] | Well, that’s too bad, because | 那太糟糕了 |
[10:53] | there’s really not much we can do about it, is there? | 因为确实没什么我们能做的 |
[10:57] | Whoa, relax. I’m on your side, okay. | 放松 我是站在你这边的 |
[11:00] | I’m glad you kicked him out. | 我很高兴你把他赶出去 |
[11:02] | I’m just saying this whole eating-at-the-table thing together. | 我只是说围着桌子一起吃饭这件事 |
[11:07] | I mean, that’s… How long do you expect us to keep that up? | 我是说 你想让我们保持这样多久 |
[11:11] | I don’t know, Porter. | 我不知道 珀特 |
[11:13] | Maybe until we start respecting each other again? | 也许直到我们重新开始尊重对方 |
[11:15] | You know, maybe when we start asking each other how was our day | 当我们开始询问彼此一天的生活 |
[11:20] | and clearing out the dishes… | 并把盘子里的菜吃光的时候 |
[11:22] | Maybe I should get a paper route, too. | 或许我也应该做一个计划 |
[11:26] | Then I’m going to guess the number. | 然后我要猜出那个数字 |
[11:31] | If I guess right, we do the kitten story. | 我要是猜对了 我们就讲小猫的故事 |
[11:35] | Two big stories to get to tonight, unfortunately… | 今晚要讲两个长故事 很不幸 |
[11:44] | Wake up. | 醒醒吧 |
[11:48] | Wake up, you worthless sod. | 醒醒吧 你个没用的家伙 |
[11:54] | Bloody hell. Look at you. | 真该死 你看你 |
[11:58] | Stone-drunk and flattened by a television. | 喝的烂醉还被压在电视下面 |
[12:05] | That’s quite an obituary you’re working up for yourself, Walter. | 这讣告写出来还真不错 沃特 |
[12:25] | Leave me alone. | 不要管我 |
[12:28] | No. Can’t do that. You don’t want that. | 我不会走的 你也不想让我走 |
[12:33] | ‘Cause I’m the only one what knows how you really feel. | 因为我是唯一知道你内心想法的人 |
[12:42] | Everybody needs a friend, Walter. | 每个人都需要朋友 沃特 |
[12:45] | And you’ve got me. | 你的朋友就是我 |
[12:49] | That’s why you read all them useless self-help books. | 这就是你为什么读了这么多没用的励志书 |
[12:53] | Chicken Soup, Positive Thinking, How to Win Friends. | 心灵鸡汤 积极思考 如何赢得朋友 |
[12:59] | Which one has the chapter about dropping the telly on your head? | 哪一本里有关于电视砸到头上的章节 |
[13:04] | I’m sick. | 我病了 |
[13:06] | Yeah, Walt. On that, we agree. | 沃特 这一点我们达成了共识 |
[13:12] | The question is, do you want to get better? | 问题是 你想变好吗 |
[13:21] | I can’t. | 我不能变好了 |
[13:23] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. You’re depressed. Yeah. | 是的 你很消沉 没错 |
[13:26] | Lethargic. Anhedonia. | 嗜睡 没有激情 |
[13:30] | Wake up! | 醒醒吧 |
[13:33] | Books and pills. They’re cotton candy. | 书和药都是棉花糖 |
[13:36] | You’ve seen too many home-improvement shows. | 你看了这么多家庭装修的节目 |
[13:39] | You think you can just | 你觉得你自己 |
[13:40] | splash up some paint and rearrange the furniture, | 只要做一些刷油漆和重新摆家具的活 |
[13:43] | and everything will be all right. | 然后一切没问题了 |
[13:46] | You want things to change? I mean, really change? | 你希望做出改变吗 真正的改变 |
[13:52] | You gotta forget about home improvement, Walter. | 忘了那些家庭装修的东西吧 沃特 |
[13:55] | You have gotta blow up the whole bloody building. | 你要做的是炸掉整个房子 |
[14:09] | What are you gonna do, Walter? | 你要做什么 沃特 |
[14:12] | – Blow it up. – Louder! | -炸了它 -大点声 |
[14:16] | Blow it up! Blow it the fuck up! Blow it up! Blow it up! | 炸了它 炸烂它 炸了它 |
[14:21] | Right. | 很好 |
[14:22] | Too right, mate. | 非常好 伙计 |
[14:24] | You can blow it up. Start again. | 你能炸了它 重新开始 |
[14:29] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[14:32] | I’m the Beaver, Walter, and I’m here to save your goddamn life. | 我是海狸 来拯救你的生活的 |
[14:45] | I’m sorry. I must have passed him again. He just blends in. | 抱歉 我肯定又错过他了 他不怎么出挑 |
[14:48] | No, his dad picked him up early. | 不 他爸爸早就把他接走了 |
[14:51] | Walter? | 沃特 |
[14:52] | He said he sent you a text. Your husband is quite a character. | 他还说给你发了短信 你老公真有个性 |
[15:16] | Mom, you gotta see what we did. | 妈妈 来看我们做的 |
[15:18] | – Okay. Where’s your father? – Come on! I’ll show you. | -好 你爸爸呢 -过来 你看 |
[15:24] | You put your memory in it. | 你可以把你的回忆放进去 |
[15:26] | Where’d you get that? | 你从哪弄到这个的 |
[15:28] | – We made it. – You and your dad? | -我们做的 -你和你爸爸 |
[15:30] | Me and the Beaver. | 我和海狸 |
[15:33] | The Beaver? | 海狸 |
[15:40] | Any idea where Walter stuffed the power sander | 知不知道两年前的圣诞节你送给沃特的 |
[15:42] | you gave him two Christmases ago? | 那个电动磨砂机被他放哪儿了 |
[15:45] | No? | 不 |
[15:47] | No trouble. We’ll make do. | 没关系 那就将就着现有的 |
[15:49] | Walter, what’s with the accent and the puppet? | 沃特 这口音和布偶是怎么回事 |
[15:52] | – Give her the thing. – Right. | -把东西给她 -好 |
[16:00] | “Hello. The person who handed you this card | 你好 给你这张卡片的人 |
[16:02] | “is under the care of a prescription puppet.” | 正处于处方布偶的照顾之下 |
[16:05] | Walter, what the hell is this? | 沃特这到底是怎么回事 |
[16:07] | Henry, mate, go see if you | 亨利 伙计 |
[16:08] | can find that varnish we was talking about. | 去看看你能不能找到我们之前说的清漆 |
[16:11] | – I’ll get it! – Thanks, mate! | -我去找找 -谢谢 伙计 |
[16:14] | Did you read the card? | 你读了卡片了吗 |
[16:17] | – Yes, I… – Read the card. | -是的 我 -读一下卡片 |
[16:20] | – I’ve… – Read the card. | -我已经 -读一下卡片 |
[16:26] | “The person who handed you this | 给你这张卡片的人 |
[16:27] | card is under the care of a prescription puppet | 正处于处方布偶的照顾之下 |
[16:30] | “Designed to help create a psychological distance between himself | 布偶的目的是拉开 |
[16:35] | “And the negative aspects of his personality. | 他与自身负面人格的距离 |
[16:37] | “Please treat him as you normally would | 请像平常一样对待他 |
[16:39] | “But address yourself to the puppet. Thank you.” | 但请通过布偶进行沟通 谢谢 |
[16:41] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[16:43] | Is this some kind of a joke? | 这是在开玩笑吗 |
[16:44] | No, hardly, love. Nothing funny about it. | 不是 亲爱的 一点也不好笑 |
[16:46] | Stop it with the puppet! | 别再玩布偶了 |
[16:48] | All right. I’m confused, | 好吗 我很困惑 |
[16:49] | Walter, and I need some answers right now. | 沃特 我现在就需要知道答案 |
[16:59] | He said if I stick with it that maybe… | 他说如果我坚持使用布偶就可能 |
[17:01] | He? Who said that? | 他是谁 谁说的 |
[17:04] | Dr. Macy. | 梅西医生 |
[17:06] | Dr. Macy? You quit seeing him. | 梅西医生 你早就不去找他看病了 |
[17:09] | Well, I went back. | 我又去了 |
[17:14] | So this is some kind of a program? | 这是一种治疗项目吗 |
[17:19] | I’ll field that one. Yes, Meredith. The answer is yes. | 我来回答这个 是的 梅拉迪斯 |
[17:23] | That is exactly what it is. | 这就是项目 |
[17:25] | I know it seems radical, | 我知道这看起来很激进 |
[17:26] | but in cases like Walter’s, | 但是像沃特这样的病例 |
[17:27] | cases where all else has been known to fail, | 其他的治疗手段都失败了 |
[17:30] | it’s proven quite effective. | 而这个却被证实很有效 |
[17:33] | But if it’s going to work, it’s going to need your full support. | 但要起作用 还需要你的全力配合 |
[17:37] | It’s very big in Sweden. | 这招在瑞典很流行 |
[17:41] | I couldn’t find it. | 我找不到清漆 |
[17:42] | Ah. No worries. | 不用担心 |
[17:45] | I best be on my bike. | 我该上车了 |
[17:46] | You’re not leaving, are you? | 你不是要走 对吗 |
[17:48] | Don’t worry. I’ll come back this weekend, then. | 别担心 我这周末就回来 |
[17:50] | But you have to stay for dinner! | 但是你要留下来吃饭 |
[17:51] | Mom, let him stay for dinner! | 妈妈让他留下吃饭吧 |
[17:53] | Look, it’s all right. | 没事的 不用了 |
[17:54] | I don’t need to. | 我不需要留下了 |
[17:55] | Please, Mom, let him stay for dinner. | 求你了妈妈 让他留下吃饭吧 |
[17:57] | – I’ll come back this weekend, then. – Come on. | -我这周末会回来的 -求你了 |
[17:59] | – It’s okay. Just for dinner. – Please, Mom. | -好吧 就吃个饭 -求你了妈妈 |
[18:02] | – Yeah! – Well, right, then. | -太好了 -好吧 |
[18:04] | Let’s tidy up the garage so we can mess up the kitchen. | 我们把车库弄干净 然后去厨房捣乱 |
[18:06] | Come on. Don’t touch anything sharp. | 小心 别划伤手 |
[18:20] | What the hell am I doing here? | 要我来这干吗 |
[18:23] | I need you to write me something. | 我需要你帮我写点东西 |
[18:26] | I knew it. He thinks I’m going to fall for this? | 我就知道 他以为我会上这个当吗 |
[18:28] | – Who? – Mumphry, or whatever | -谁 -曼弗瑞 随便谁了 |
[18:31] | vice-principal sent you. | 就算是副校长叫你来的 |
[18:33] | Tell him I’m insulted. | 回去告诉他我被侮辱了 |
[18:36] | Hey, will you hold on for a second? No one sent me. | 你能等下吗 没有人派我来 |
[18:40] | I really need help. | 我真的需要帮助 |
[18:42] | Look, you’re the valedictorian, all right. You have a 4.0. | 你是致告别辞的学生代表 学分成绩4.0 |
[18:46] | I copy off of you in calculus. | 我还抄你的微积分呢 |
[18:48] | Why would you want me to write you a paper? | 为什么要我给你写论文 |
[18:50] | It’s not a paper. | 不是论文 |
[18:52] | It’s my graduation speech. | 是我的毕业演讲 |
[18:55] | Save your money. No one gives a shit about those things. | 省省你的钱吧 没人会关心这些东西的 |
[18:59] | Yeah, well, my mom will. So… | 可是我妈妈会关心 所以 |
[19:01] | Not that I’m saying that | 我不是想说 |
[19:03] | you write other people’s papers for them, | 你替别人写过论文 |
[19:06] | but if you did, I hear that you’re | 但如果你做过 我听说你很长于 |
[19:08] | really good at making yourself sound like them. | 让文章看起来像是他们自己写的 |
[19:11] | Getting inside their heads. That’s what I need. | 你能摸索他们的想法 这是我需要的 |
[19:17] | – No way. – Why? | -没戏 -为什么 |
[19:18] | Because it’s one thing for your | 你队里的厌食队员 |
[19:20] | little anorexia squad to get by on their looks. | 靠长相讨生活 我可以接受 |
[19:22] | That’s all they’ve got. But for someone like you, it’s just lazy. | 她们只有长相 但你这么做 就只是懒惰 |
[19:28] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[19:30] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[19:31] | Does this look lazy to you? | 这在你看来是懒惰吗 |
[19:35] | That is 428 pages of lazy. | 这是428页的懒惰 |
[19:39] | And if you don’t want to take | 如果你不想拿我的钱办事 |
[19:40] | my money because you’re just dying to see me | 只是为了等着看我出丑 |
[19:42] | make an ass of myself, then that’s fine. | 那没问题 |
[19:45] | But don’t you dare call me lazy. | 但是你决不能说我懒 |
[19:48] | Douche. | 混蛋 |
[20:01] | Thank you very much. You want olives in your salad? | 非常感谢 你想往沙拉里加点橄榄油吗 |
[20:04] | – Yeah. – Here you go. Watch this. | -好吧 -来了 看好 |
[20:09] | Would you like some more? | 还要吗 |
[20:12] | – What the… – There he is. Hello. | -这是 -他来了 你好 |
[20:18] | My card. | 我的卡片 |
[20:20] | We was afraid we’d have to start without you. | 我们还担心要在你回来之前开始吃呢 |
[20:26] | This is a joke, right? | 这是个玩笑 是吗 |
[20:27] | No, son, it’s a fresh start. | 不是 儿子 是一个新的开始 |
[20:29] | Have you completely lost your mind? | 你们全都傻掉了吗 |
[20:31] | – I know it seems a bit… – I’m not talking to you, nut job. | -我知道这有点 -我没和你说话 疯子 |
[20:33] | I’m talking to Mom. | 我在和我妈说话 |
[20:36] | It takes you years to get him out of here, | 你花了这么多年才把他赶出家门 |
[20:38] | and you let him come back the next night with a talking hamster? | 第二天晚上就让他带着说话的仓鼠回来了 |
[20:50] | Failure on this scale doesn’t happen overnight. | 在这个程度上的失败不是一夜造成的 |
[20:53] | Still I can’t believe that you guys made that. | 我仍然无法相信你们做了那个 |
[20:57] | I mean, you never… I mean, Walter never… | 我是说 你从不 沃特从不 |
[21:02] | I’m sorry. I’m not quite sure how I’m supposed to address you. | 对不起 我不知道要如何跟你说话 |
[21:06] | Well, you’re doing fine, love. | 你做的很好 亲爱的 |
[21:09] | Well, tools were always on your Christmas list, | 工具一直在你的圣诞礼物单上 |
[21:11] | but I had no idea that you knew how to actually make anything. | 但我不知道你居然真的会做东西 |
[21:14] | He’s a beaver, Mom. That’s what they do. | 他是海狸 妈妈 这是他们的天性 |
[21:16] | Yeah. Spot on, mate. | 是的 完全正确 伙计 |
[21:18] | But, you know, Walter wasn’t half-bad himself, at one time. | 但是同时沃特自己也不差 |
[21:22] | Yeah? Who taught him? | 是吗 谁教的他 |
[21:24] | I suppose he taught himself. | 我猜是他自学的 |
[21:26] | He was about your age, yeah. Cub Scouts. | 他和你差不多大时 参加了童子军 |
[21:29] | He and his pop were supposed to make a race car for a contest. | 他和他的老爸想做一辆赛车参加比赛 |
[21:31] | Except, his pop weren’t around so he had to do it himself. | 但他老爹不在身边 所以他只好自己做 |
[21:35] | Where was his dad? | 他爸爸呢 |
[21:42] | He got very sad and he had an accident. | 他很伤心然后出了事故 |
[21:45] | You mean Grandpa Jerry from the graveyard? | 你是说墓地里的杰瑞爷爷 |
[21:48] | Right-o. Anyway, Walter had | 是的 沃特有爷爷的工具 |
[21:50] | Grandpa’s tools but no clue how to use them. | 但是不知道该怎么用 |
[21:53] | So, what he ended up making was so awful | 他做出来的成品太糟糕了 |
[21:56] | that it looked like he’d | 糟糕到它看起来像 |
[21:57] | screwed a set of wheels onto a piece of dog crap. | 他把一套轮子拧到了一坨狗屎上面 |
[22:01] | And you know what the other kids called it? | 你知道别的孩子怎么称呼它吗 |
[22:03] | The Turd. That was generous, mate. | 粪块 多谢捧场 伙计 |
[22:07] | One lady threw up all | 一个女人因为离它太近 |
[22:08] | over herself just ’cause it got close to her. | 结果吐得到处都是 |
[22:12] | But when it came to racing… | 但是比赛的时候 |
[22:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[22:17] | The Turd could not be beat. | 粪块是不可战胜的 |
[22:19] | – Sweet. – Yeah. | -真牛 -是啊 |
[22:21] | – Dad? – Yeah, mate? | -爸爸 -怎么了伙计 |
[22:24] | – Can we make a Turd? – Yeah, any time, mate. | -我们能做粪块吗 -随时都可以 伙计 |
[22:27] | You give the word, we’ll make the Turd. | 只要你发话 我们就做一辆 |
[22:30] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[22:33] | Good night, Beaver. | 晚安 海狸 |
[22:36] | Good night, mate. | 晚安 伙计 |
[22:44] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[22:48] | Good night, Beaver. | 晚安 海狸 |
[22:52] | – Hello? – Norah. | -你好 -诺拉 |
[22:54] | Hey, it’s Porter. | 嘿 我是珀特 |
[22:58] | Listen, what I said earlier… | 听着 我之前说的 |
[23:00] | – So, are you going to help me or not? – Yeah. | -你帮不帮我 -帮 |
[23:05] | But for this sort of thing, | 但是这种事 |
[23:07] | I’m going to have to ask you for, like, $500? | 我可能要收你 500块 |
[23:12] | Done. | 成交 |
[23:14] | Wow. Would you have gone $1,000? | 1000块的话你会不会答应 |
[23:17] | – Oh, yeah. – How about a million? | -当然 -一百万呢 |
[23:19] | Can you come by tomorrow? | 你明天能过来吗 |
[23:21] | Yeah! Yeah, yeah, yeah. Absolutely. | 好的 好的 当然 |
[23:25] | You know, I didn’t… Look, I… We’re cool, right? I… I’m… | 我没有 这没什么对吧 我 |
[23:30] | You’ve never even said a word to me, you know, and… | 你从来没个我说过一句话 |
[23:32] | – Porter? – And it’s not like we | -珀特 -我们完全不认识 |
[23:34] | – know each other or anything… Yeah. – Just come by tomorrow. | -不了解对方 -明天过来就好了 |
[23:38] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好 |
[23:42] | Good night! See you soon. | 晚安 再见 |
[24:48] | Trust me, mate. Today will set you free. | 相信我 伙计 今天就给你自由 |
[25:22] | What the hell is this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[25:24] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[25:25] | This is layoffs, isn’t it? Goddamn China. | 这是要裁员 对吧 都怪中国 |
[25:27] | Nobody’s getting laid off. | 没人会被裁员 |
[25:31] | Get rid of you lot? | 大家放心了吧 |
[25:32] | I’d have no one to boss around, yeah? | 那样我要使唤谁啊 |
[25:36] | The boss woke up and brought a friend. | 老板醒了并带来了一个朋友 |
[25:38] | I think we should maintain | 我想我们在布莱克先生讲话时 |
[25:40] | some respect until Mr. Black tells us… | 对他要尊重一点 |
[25:44] | Good morning, all. | 早上好 各位 |
[25:47] | I assume you all got the cards. | 我假设你们都拿到了卡片 |
[25:49] | If not, allow me to briefly explain. | 如果没有的话 允许我简单解释一下 |
[25:53] | Walter Black ascended to CEO of this company two years ago. | 沃特·布莱克两年前当上了这家公司的CEO |
[25:57] | Not through any particular skill or merit, | 不是因为他有任何特别的技能或美德 |
[26:00] | but because Walter was next in line | 只是因为沃特是继承人 |
[26:03] | rather than our infinitely more qualified VP standing right here. | 而站在这里的副总裁其实更有资格胜任 |
[26:08] | Hello, love. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[26:09] | It was a job Walter was, well, ill-prepared to handle. | 这个工作沃特并没有准备好接手 |
[26:14] | Basically, well… | 从根本上来讲 |
[26:17] | Walter’s been a loser. | 因为沃特是个失败者 |
[26:20] | Which is why, as of now, | 这就是为什么现在 |
[26:22] | he is resigning and putting me in charge. | 他辞职并让我来负责 |
[26:27] | So, before you decide to run me out | 在你们决定举着火把和鱼叉 |
[26:28] | on a rail with all the flaming torches and pitchforks, | 把我赶出去之前 |
[26:31] | hear me out, give me five minutes, | 听我说几句 给我五分钟时间 |
[26:34] | then you may tear me to shreds, if you like. | 然后如果你愿意 就可以把我撕成碎片 |
[26:37] | First, I will be ceding control of all individual projects | 首先 我要放弃小组项目的控制权 |
[26:42] | back to the teams themselves. | 一切由团队做主 |
[26:44] | That means you will be free | 这就意味着你们自由了 |
[26:45] | and entrusted to do the | 我信任你们去做 |
[26:46] | jobs you was hired to do in the first place. | 你们本该做的工作 |
[26:49] | Hello, Hank. | 你好 汉克 |
[26:50] | Second, we will revamp, revitalize, re-launch | 第二 在国际游戏和玩具制造商博览会 |
[26:53] | at the International Game and Toy Manufacturers Expo | 我们要改组 再兴 重新出发 |
[26:57] | in six weeks’ time. | 在六个星期时间内完成 |
[27:00] | Now, I know there’s a very high | 我知道现在大家都 |
[27:02] | degree of skepticism about my ability to lead. | 深深地怀疑我的领导能力 |
[27:06] | Isn’t that right? | 我没说错吧 |
[27:07] | I mean, middle-aged man with his arm stuck up my bum. Right? | 那个把胳膊插进我屁股的中年男人 对吧 |
[27:11] | Who wouldn’t doubt me? But I’ll make you the following deal. | 谁不会怀疑我 但我要和你们做个交易 |
[27:15] | You give me two weeks, just two, and at the end of that time, | 给我两周时间 在这之后 |
[27:19] | anyone who wants to resign will receive severance pay | 想要辞职的人都会收到遣散费 |
[27:23] | and a glowing letter of recommendation. | 和一封充满赞美的推荐信 |
[27:25] | – No questions asked, no exceptions. – Excuse me? | -决不多问 全无例外 -请问 |
[27:28] | And who exactly are you supposed to be? | 你是谁来着 |
[27:31] | Bollocks. Did I forget to introduce meself? | 该死 我忘了介绍自己吗 |
[27:34] | You may simply call me the Beaver. | 你叫我海狸就行 |
[27:45] | Impressive. | 很壮观啊 |
[27:48] | So, what do you need to know? | 你需要知道什么 |
[27:51] | Well, I guess the first thing is, what do you want to say? | 首先我想知道你想说什么 |
[27:57] | Well, that’s kind of the problem. | 这就是我的问题 |
[28:00] | I mean, I got good grades. Big deal. What do I know? | 我成绩不错 这有什么 我知道什么 |
[28:03] | Okay. Well, how do you want people to feel when you’re done? | 好 当你完成时 你想让人们有什么感觉 |
[28:07] | I guess I just want them to feel not | 我猜我只想让他们 |
[28:14] | let down. | 不要失望 |
[28:15] | “Not let down.” | 不要失望 |
[28:16] | That’s powerful. | 这很有力 |
[28:19] | “I’m excited, pumped. How are you doing?” | 我很兴奋 你还好吗 |
[28:22] | “Me? I’m not let down.” | 我吗 我没有失望 |
[28:25] | I told you that I suck. This is why I need you. | 我知道我很逊 所以我才需要你 |
[28:28] | Okay, well, you’re a cheerleader, notorious hothead. | 你是拉拉队长 出了名的暴脾气 |
[28:31] | Could we talk about you getting expelled from the eighth grade? | 我们可以聊聊八年级时你被开除的事吗 |
[28:35] | How did you find out about that? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[28:38] | No secrets on the Internet. | 网络无秘密 |
[28:40] | What did you do? | 你做什么了 |
[28:41] | Did you steal some encyclopedias? | 你偷了百科全书吗 |
[28:43] | – Chew some nicotine gum? – No. | -吃了尼古丁口香糖吗 -不是 |
[28:45] | What? Tease a fat kid? | 什么 嘲笑胖子吗 |
[28:47] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[28:49] | All right. So, what is it? | 好吧 那是怎么回事 |
[28:52] | I was tagging. | 我涂鸦被抓住了 |
[28:56] | Tagging? | 涂鸦 |
[28:59] | Like… | 就像 |
[29:04] | Like graffiti tagging? | 在墙上涂鸦那种 |
[29:06] | More like art. It was just illegal. | 更像艺术 只是不合法 |
[29:12] | Where’s all this rebel-artist shit now? | 那这位叛逆艺术家的作品在哪呢 |
[29:16] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[29:18] | You still have some, don’t you? Yeah. | 我猜你还是保留了一些吧 |
[29:22] | – Show me, please. – No. | -给我看看 -不 |
[29:25] | If you show me, I will write | 如果你让我看 我会为你写一篇讲稿 |
[29:26] | you a speech that you could free Tibet with. | 你可以用它来解放西藏 |
[29:29] | Why do you want to see it so bad? | 你干嘛那么想看 |
[29:31] | Because I like to be surprised. | 因为我喜欢惊喜 |
[29:38] | – We have to be quick. – All right. | -我们得快点 -好的 |
[29:42] | Whose room is this? | 这是谁的房间 |
[29:44] | No one’s. | 没人住 |
[30:06] | I like to do it big. Like freeways, buildings, billboards. | 我喜欢大地方 高速路 大楼 广告牌 |
[30:13] | And fast. Like I’m running a million miles an hour. | 还要快 好像我可以每小时跑一百万英里 |
[30:20] | No thinking, you know? | 不去刻意想什么 懂吗 |
[30:24] | Why did you stop? | 你为什么不画了 |
[30:29] | ‘Cause I got caught and my mom couldn’t take it. | 因为我被抓住了 我妈妈受不了这事 |
[30:33] | Anyway, I threw them all away. | 反正我把它们都扔了 |
[30:36] | Someone must have liked them. | 肯定有人喜欢它们 |
[30:38] | Pulled them out of the trash, didn’t they? | 把它们从垃圾堆里拣出来 对不对 |
[30:43] | – Who was it? – What are you doing in here? | -是谁 -你们在那里干什么 |
[30:47] | I was just showing Porter around the house. | 我带珀特参观下房子 |
[30:52] | He’s on the math team with me. | 他和我是一个数学小组的 |
[30:54] | – Right. – Time to go. | -是的 -该走了 |
[30:59] | Hey, I’m sorry about my mom. | 我妈就那样 你别介意 |
[31:03] | – She’s just, you know… – That’s fine. | -她就是有点 -没什么 |
[31:10] | You know, you are | 你其实 |
[31:14] | so much weirder… | 你比我想的更古怪 |
[31:19] | Not weird, I just mean, like, different, I guess. | 不是古怪 应该是 与众不同 |
[31:23] | You’re a lot more different than I thought you’d be. | 你比我想的更加与众不同 |
[31:27] | You know, for someone I’m | 我可是花了大价钱 |
[31:28] | paying a lot of money to write a speech for me, | 找你替我写演讲稿 |
[31:30] | you’re not very articulate. | 可你并不是很善于表达 |
[31:32] | I’m much better on paper. | 我更擅长文字 |
[31:34] | We’ll see. | 拭目以待 |
[31:37] | Thank you for not laughing, I guess. | 谢谢你没笑我 |
[31:41] | I wouldn’t do that. | 我不会的 |
[31:43] | I wouldn’t laugh. | 我不会笑 |
[31:45] | Good. | 好 |
[31:49] | Very, very good. | 非常非常好 |
[32:24] | And, eventually, what seems strange becomes common. | 到最后 奇怪的事变得习以为常 |
[32:29] | What seemed impossible becomes real. | 不可能的事变得真实 |
[33:11] | Until things almost start to feel the way they used to. | 直到一切几乎回归了原样 |
[33:18] | Fixed it, love. Working like a charm. | 搞定了 亲爱的 像变魔法一样哦 |
[33:19] | It’s like it’s all brand new. | 一切又像是全新的 |
[33:30] | – Walter. Walter, wake up. Wake up. – Mmm. What? | -沃特 醒醒 -怎么了 |
[33:34] | It’s Henry. He snuck out of his room. | 是亨利 他偷偷溜出房间 |
[33:36] | He’s down in the garage again by himself. | 他又一个人去了车库 |
[33:38] | Well, tell him to come to bed. | 让他回去睡觉 |
[33:40] | I know. I tell him every night, | 我知道 我每晚都这么做 |
[33:42] | but he needs to hear it from, you know, you. | 但他需要听你说出来 |
[33:49] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[33:54] | Whoa, where are you going this time of night? | 这大晚上的 你要去哪 |
[33:57] | I’m gonna tell the little guy to knock it off so I can sleep. | 我去告诉那小子别闹了 我要睡觉 |
[33:59] | Right. | 好的 |
[34:00] | I was going to the same place. Come on. Let’s triple-team him. | 我也正有此意 我们三个组团去 |
[34:05] | That’s okay. You’ve got your little furry friend. | 算了 你已经有了这毛茸茸的小朋友了 |
[34:11] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[34:21] | What are you making besides a racket? | 你这么吵闹 想做什么呀 |
[34:23] | You couldn’t sleep, either? | 你也睡不着啊 |
[34:25] | Well, actually, mate, I was having a brilliant kip | 事实上 我本来睡得挺爽 |
[34:29] | till you started banging away. | 直到你开始敲来敲去的 |
[34:32] | I just had this idea. | 我刚才灵光一现 |
[34:34] | Oh, yeah? Well, let’s have the idea in the morning. | 能不能让灵光明天再现 |
[34:37] | Just 10 more minutes, please? | 只要十分钟就好 行吗 |
[34:39] | Ten more minutes, all right, yes. | 好吧 就十分钟了 |
[34:41] | But no more mucking about | 但是我不在你身边时 |
[34:42] | with tools when I’m not around. It’s not safe. | 别摆弄这些工具 不安全 |
[34:46] | Or when your mother’s asked you not to. Or at night. | 你妈妈不允许时不行 晚上也不行 |
[34:48] | Or in a toilet. Or when you’re climbing Mount Everest. | 在厕所里不行 当你爬珠峰时不行 |
[34:53] | Or picking your nose. Agreed? | 挖鼻子时也不行 同意吗 |
[34:55] | – Agreed. – There you go. | -同意 -那你继续吧 |
[34:59] | Can you talk to me? I like it when you talk. | 你能和我说话吗 我喜欢听你说话 |
[35:04] | What do you want me to talk about? | 你想让我说点什么 |
[35:05] | Doesn’t matter. Just talk. | 随便 什么都好 |
[35:08] | You have a funny voice. | 你的声音很搞笑 |
[35:11] | You’re quite easily entertained, aren’t you? | 你还真好伺候 |
[35:17] | Give you a buzz saw, a block of wood, and some chatter… | 给你一把圆锯 一块木头 还有个陪聊的 |
[35:31] | Hey, Walter, did you talk to him? | 沃特 你跟他谈了吗 |
[35:32] | Yes, and everything’s fine. He’ll stick to the schedule. | 都搞定了 他会遵守作息表的 |
[35:36] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[35:37] | I’ve had a breakthrough, love. Got to get to work right away. | 我有了新突破 必须现在去公司 |
[35:41] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[35:42] | Not a moment to spare! | 时不我待啊 |
[35:47] | You’re a goddess. | 你像女神一样美丽 |
[36:00] | Sir? You’re in early. | 先生 你来得好早 |
[36:03] | Just the woman I wanted to see. | 要的就是你 |
[36:06] | Have a look at this. | 看看这个 |
[36:08] | Now, we need to get started on this right away. | 现在 我们需要马上开始 |
[36:12] | It’s a beaver? | 这是个海狸吗 |
[36:14] | It’s the future. | 这是未来 |
[36:16] | This? | 就这吗 |
[36:17] | The Talking Beaver Woodworking Set. | 会说话的海狸木工套装 |
[36:20] | You get your basic tools, a block of wood | 只要一套基本工具 一块木头 |
[36:22] | and a talking beaver to work right alongside of you. | 还有一个会讲话的海狸在你旁边 |
[36:26] | You should see the kids, love. | 你应该看看那些孩子 亲爱的 |
[36:27] | I mean, they’ve got their cell phones and their computers, | 他们有了手机和电脑 |
[36:29] | but, wow, you give them a block of wood, a hammer and a saw? | 但现在你给他们一块木头 一把锤子和锯子 |
[36:32] | Bomb their bleeding auntie. | 搞定他们那些烦人的姑姑阿姨们 |
[36:33] | Their poor little brains are starving for something like this. | 他们可怜的小脑袋会为了这样的东西疯狂 |
[36:36] | So, you’re talking about a new product line for what? | 你想开发一个新的产品 针对什么市场 |
[36:38] | Christmas? | 圣诞节吗 |
[36:39] | Christmas? I’m talking about right now, woman. Today. | 圣诞节 我说的是现在 今天 |
[36:43] | This morning. | 今天早上 |
[36:45] | I guess there could be an ancillary market in more tools. | 我猜工具系列还可以有市场 |
[36:49] | Maybe pre-cut lumber pieces? | 比如预加工的木件 |
[36:51] | Sort of like Lego kits but made of wood. | 有点像乐高积木 不过是木制的 |
[36:53] | And you can work them into shapes on your own. | 你可以按你的意愿去改造它们 |
[36:56] | Now, that’s using your scone. | 脑子挺聪明啊 |
[36:58] | Not just made out of wood, is it? Let’s go. | 这可不是木制的 对吧 我们走 |
[37:01] | But this would mean, I mean, | 但是这意味着 |
[37:02] | even if we could get one ready in time, | 即使我们可以及时准备好 |
[37:04] | this is all we would have for the Expo. | 在博览会上这就是我们的全部产品了 |
[37:06] | That’s all we’ll need, my darling. | 这就够了 亲爱的 |
[37:18] | And for every person that points out | 对每一个指出 |
[37:20] | that there’s a rodent at the helm, | 领导公司的是锯齿动物 |
[37:22] | there’s another to remind him or | 都会有人提醒他们 |
[37:24] | her that production has already increased by 35%. | 产量已经增加了百分之三十五 |
[37:28] | At the end of those first two weeks, not one person resigns. | 在两周之后 没有一个人辞职 |
[37:32] | Not one. | 没有一个人 |
[37:35] | Now, we’re going to start with… | 我们要从这里开始 |
[37:38] | The Beaver, as a core item, along with endless project kits | 工具箱核心组件海狸 加上无尽的扩展包 |
[37:43] | could produce an exponential return. | 将会带来巨大的利润 |
[37:45] | The question is, do we | 事实是 |
[37:47] | want to continue struggling merely to survive, | 我们想要继续在原地挣扎 |
[37:50] | or do we want to embrace something new, something different, | 还是拥抱新事物 不一样的事物 |
[37:55] | and see where it takes us? | 看看它究竟能带我们走多远 |
[38:00] | Once again, our beloved Jerry Co. | 我们深爱的杰瑞公司 |
[38:03] | has vision, power, energy, balls. | 有眼光 有力量 有动力 有胆量 |
[38:10] | Item number three this morning, | 今天的第三件事 |
[38:12] | we’ve got some fabrication concerns. | 我们有些制作上的问题 |
[38:14] | Why are you all laughing? | 你们怎么都笑了 |
[38:56] | Did you talk to Dr. Macy today? | 你今天找梅西医生了吗 |
[39:00] | Indeed. He says we’re coming along just brilliantly. | 是的 他说我们进展顺利 |
[39:08] | Well, did he give you some kind | 他有没有告诉你 |
[39:10] | of a timeline for when the treatment might be over? | 治疗什么时候结束 |
[39:12] | No, nothing specific, love. | 没明确地说 亲爱的 |
[39:15] | Like a week, or a month, or… | 也许一周 一个月 或者更长 |
[39:18] | It’s a process, love. | 这是个渐进的过程 |
[39:20] | We’ll know when the time is right. | 我们会知道到没到时候的 |
[39:25] | Now, rest up, you delicious little tart. | 睡吧 小可爱 |
[39:28] | There’s more where that came from. | 细水长流 以后再慢慢享受吧 |
[40:04] | Hector, what do I always say, man? Read it before you turn it in. | 赫克托 我早说过 交上去之前要读一遍 |
[40:08] | It was about your own family, for Christ’s sake. | 那说的是你自己的家庭 拜托 |
[40:10] | I just figured since it was personal, | 我觉得既然那是个人的 |
[40:11] | there wouldn’t be no test questions on it. | 不该有什么问题 |
[40:13] | – But your own grandma turned you in. – Yes. She was so proud. | -但你的奶奶揭穿了你 -是 她很骄傲 |
[40:16] | Talking about the stuff that you had wrote | 她不停说着你所描写的她 |
[40:17] | about her, back in the day, in D.R. | 追忆那天在产房里的情形 |
[40:20] | And then all of a sudden, | 突然 |
[40:21] | she could just tell I knew nothing about it. | 她发现我根本一无所知 |
[40:23] | So, she starts crying. | 她开始嚎啕大哭 |
[40:23] | She calls the principal, says she doesn’t… | 她打电话给校长 说她并没有… |
[40:25] | All right. My name stays out of this. You understand that, right? | 我必须置身事外 你懂吧 |
[40:27] | She called me a liar and a cheater. | 她管我叫骗子 |
[40:29] | All right, all right, all right. Look. | 好吧 好吧 |
[40:33] | Okay, I’m gonna make a dummy website, all right? | 我建个假的网站 |
[40:35] | You tell them you sent in your money, you got your paper. | 你告诉他们你在那用钱买的论文 |
[40:37] | That’s all you know, okay? | 你只知道这些 行吗 |
[40:41] | Hector, look, I gotta go. | 赫克托 我得走了 |
[40:43] | I’m gonna give you the website tomorrow, all right? | 我明天把网址给你 好吗 |
[40:45] | – Hector! – Yes, yes, yes. | -赫克托 -知道了 知道了 |
[40:47] | Great. Good. | 太好了 |
[40:49] | Norah! | 诺拉 |
[40:53] | – Why are you all sweaty? – I was doing yoga. | -你怎么浑身是汗 -我刚做了瑜伽 |
[40:57] | – Manly. – Downward Dog’s a bitch. | -真够爷们的 -下犬式太折磨人了 |
[41:02] | – Are you busy tonight? – Are you asking me out? | -今晚有空吗 -你想约我吗 |
[41:05] | No. Not at all. | 也没有啦 |
[41:06] | I was just gonna casually inquire if you’re busy | 我就是随便问问 |
[41:09] | without making it seem like I’d | 免得搞得像 |
[41:10] | been up all night planning something elaborate. | 我之前在熬夜精心准备的样子 |
[41:12] | Have you been up all night planning something elaborate? | 你之前在熬夜精心准备吗 |
[41:16] | Yeah, I have, like, maps and stuff. | 有啦 比如地图 之类的 |
[41:20] | You can pick me up at 7:00. I have to be back at 12:00. | 你可以七点来接我 我十二点之前得回家 |
[41:24] | Awesome, so it’s a date. I mean, it is, right? | 太棒了 这算是约会吧 |
[41:29] | We’ll see. | 到时就知道了 |
[41:33] | Cool. | 帅 |
[41:37] | Don’t mess this up. | 别搞砸了 |
[42:06] | You let me lead, all right? | 一切交给我 好吧 |
[42:09] | Are you almost ready? Reservation’s at 8:00. | 你准备好了吗 我定的是八点 |
[42:13] | Bloody hell, woman. Look at you. | 我的天 姑娘 看看你 |
[42:15] | Well, you’re looking pretty good yourself. | 你也挺不错的 |
[42:18] | – Yeah, well, you ain’t seen nothing yet. – Yeah? | -你还没看到好东西呢 -什么 |
[42:20] | The girls whipped up something special for me. | 她们给我准备了点特别的东西 |
[42:26] | We’re talking full-on tux, love. | 成套的燕尾服哦 亲爱的 |
[42:30] | Yeah. Just give us a minute to pop it on, and we’ll be off. | 给我们一分钟穿上它 然后我们就出发 |
[42:33] | Wait, it’s our anniversary, honey. | 这是我们的结婚纪念日 亲爱的 |
[42:35] | That’s why I went for the penguin suit. | 所以我才要穿礼服啊 |
[42:36] | I do not want to celebrate 20 years of marriage with a puppet. | 我不想和一个布偶一起庆祝结婚二十年纪念日 |
[42:41] | I’m sorry. I’ve been very patient and I’ve been very supportive, | 抱歉 我已经很耐心 很支持你了 |
[42:47] | but I want you, not him. | 但我要的是你 不是他 |
[42:52] | Not tonight. | 至少今晚别这样 |
[43:06] | Black, party of two. | 布莱克 两人位 |
[43:20] | So, when do I get to see some of your pages? | 你打算什么时候让我看你写的东西 |
[43:24] | Never. It’s a pyramid scheme. | 永远都不能 这只是非法传销 |
[43:27] | – I didn’t tell you that? – No. | -我没告诉你吗 -没啊 |
[43:28] | You didn’t get the brochure? | 你没拿到宣传手册吗 |
[43:31] | – I’m kidding. I’ll get it done. – You better. | -开玩笑啦 我会搞定的 -你最好 |
[43:34] | I’m not giving you 500 bucks just | 我给你500美元可不是 |
[43:35] | so you can buy a flat screen for your dorm room. | 让你在宿舍里买台平板电视 |
[43:38] | I’m not buying a flat screen for my dorm room. | 我不会在宿舍里放平板电视的 |
[43:41] | Then, what? | 那我们晚上到底去干什么 |
[43:43] | – A mummy. – No mummy. | -去看木乃伊 -才不是 |
[43:46] | – Then, what? What’s it going to? – Nothing. | -那是什么 -什么都没有啦 |
[43:51] | A guy like you doesn’t do anything for no reason. | 像你这样的人不会做没目的的事 |
[43:54] | You’ve got a plan. | 你肯定有计划 |
[44:03] | I was listening to the radio and, | 我听广播说 |
[44:05] | apparently, it’s gonna be really hot this weekend. | 这个周末会有些热 |
[44:08] | Not hot-hot, just above average. | 不是非常热那种 只是比平时稍微热点 |
[44:17] | – So, how’s work? – Good. Yeah, busy. | -你工作怎么样 -还不错 有点忙 |
[44:22] | Busy? | 有点忙 |
[44:27] | Maps? That’s what you’re saving all your money for? | 地图 你存钱就为了这啊 |
[44:31] | Okay, explain, because right now, | 快点说 解释给我听 |
[44:32] | it’s looking like where you hide your bodies. | 因为这看上去像你藏尸体的地方 |
[44:34] | It is. Every red dot is a dead body. | 确实是 红点就代表尸体 |
[44:39] | Just trying to be honest. | 说实话 |
[44:40] | Okay, really, what’s it for? | 别闹了 这到底是什么 |
[44:44] | It’s, like, all these places | 在这些地方 |
[44:46] | where everything changed in the blink of an eye. | 一切都在瞬间改变 |
[44:50] | Like the balcony where Martin Luther King got shot. | 就像马丁路德金被枪杀的阳台 |
[44:52] | The train tracks where Woody Guthrie | 吴迪·格斯里[美国著名民谣歌手] |
[44:54] | hopped on his first train. | 第一次坐上火车的地方 |
[44:56] | And? | 还有呢 |
[45:00] | And I just visit them and then | 我去游览那些地方 |
[45:02] | I end up at Brown the day before school starts. | 我在开学前一天回到了布朗 |
[45:05] | It’s kind of like a find-yourself trip? | 这是你的自我感悟之旅吗 |
[45:08] | No. More like a lose-stuff trip. | 不 更像是遗失之旅 |
[45:14] | What kind of stuff do you want to lose? | 你想丢掉什么东西 |
[45:18] | At last count, 49 things. | 最新统计 有49样东西 |
[45:24] | An elaborate, mysterious plan, and a little weird. | 精心准备的神秘计划 就是有点怪异 |
[45:31] | But I like it. | 不过我喜欢 |
[45:33] | It’s your paper-writing dollars at work. | 花的是你买论文的钱 |
[45:44] | What was that for? | 这是为什么 |
[45:45] | You said you liked to be surprised. | 你不是说你喜欢惊喜吗 |
[45:50] | – Ready? – For what? | -准备好了吗 -干什么 |
[46:06] | It’s a great place. | 这可是个好地方 |
[46:09] | It’s kind of scary but beautiful. | 有点吓人 不过很漂亮 |
[46:14] | Look, I wasn’t sure which color you liked, | 我不知道你喜欢哪个颜色 |
[46:16] | so I kind of got everything. | 我基本上拿了所有的颜色 |
[46:18] | I hope you like sunburst yellow. | 我希望你喜欢烈日黄 |
[46:21] | Porter? Porter, come on. What are you doing? | 珀特 你要干什么 |
[46:24] | Is this fantastic, or what? | 这是不是很帅 |
[46:25] | Are you kidding? It’s awesome, but I’m not going to touch it. | 开玩笑 这当然很棒 但是我不会碰它 |
[46:29] | – Why not? – Because. | -为什么不呢 -因为 |
[46:32] | – Because, what? Why not? – Because I don’t want to. | -因为什么 -因为我不想 |
[46:38] | Come on, Norah. You have this amazing thing that you do. | 来吧 诺拉 你做的事棒极了 |
[46:41] | You just put all of yourself out there. | 你把自己完全展现出来 |
[46:43] | All I can do is sound like other people. | 而我能做的就是在模仿别人的口气写论文 |
[46:46] | – I know you have something to say. – Okay. | -我知道你想说点什么 -好吧 |
[46:48] | – Knock yourself out. You do it. – Come on. | -你来展现自己吧 -别闹啊 |
[46:53] | No. I don’t paint. | 我不会画 |
[46:55] | Why not? You’re so good at being other people. | 为什么 你不是很擅长变成其他人吗 |
[46:58] | Well, maybe if I could paint I would. | 如果我能画 我就会画了 |
[47:01] | – But… – Porter, just start. | -但是 -珀特 快画吧 |
[47:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[47:09] | What are you going to do? Write “Norah + Porter forever”? | 你想写什么 写诺拉和珀特永远在一起吗 |
[47:13] | Because that’d be pretty cute. | 那样挺不错哦 |
[47:45] | Right? | 对吗 |
[47:51] | – That’s what you’ve been wanting to say. – No. | -这就是你想说的话 -不是 |
[47:54] | You wrote 400 pages of notes. Not one word about him? | 你写了400页 却没有一个词提到他 |
[47:57] | What happened to my brother is none of your business. | 我弟弟不关你的事 |
[48:00] | Do you understand? | 懂吗 |
[48:01] | I just thought there was something you wanted to say | 我只是觉得这是你想说的话 |
[48:03] | and you didn’t know how. | 你只是不知道如何说出来 |
[48:06] | It’s none of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[48:08] | What kind of person does something like this? | 怎么会有人干这种事 |
[48:11] | What’s the matter with you? | 你有毛病吧 |
[48:28] | Go on. Open it. | 来 打开看看 |
[48:31] | Henry helped me, which basically means | 亨利帮我弄的 也就是说 |
[48:34] | that I bought the wood and he did all the work. | 我买来木头 他做剩下的事 |
[48:43] | It’s a memory box. | 这是回忆盒子 |
[48:46] | It’s very nice. Thank you. | 挺不错 谢谢你 |
[48:48] | Look inside. | 看看里面 |
[48:55] | I thought it was important | 我觉得回头看看过往的事 |
[48:57] | to remind ourselves of how things were. | 还是挺重要的 |
[48:59] | How things should be. | 事情应该是什么样子 |
[49:13] | Walter. No, no, no. It’s okay. It’s okay. | 沃特 没事 没事的 |
[49:20] | Is this what you want? | 这就是你想要的吗 |
[49:23] | Is this progress? Christ, woman! | 这就是进展吗 蠢女人 |
[49:26] | He’s suffering from depression, not amnesia! | 他患了抑郁症 不是失忆症 |
[49:29] | You think the problem is he can’t remember these things? | 你觉得问题只是他不记得这些事了吗 |
[49:32] | – No. – He can’t go back. Don’t you see that? | -不是 -他不能回到过去 你还不懂吗 |
[49:35] | This is all in the past, and dredging it up… | 都过去了 你又提起来 |
[49:38] | Do you know where this leads? | 你不明白后果吗 |
[49:40] | You know where this Walter goes? | 你知道这个沃特去过哪里吗 |
[49:43] | To a 10th floor balcony, tied to a shower curtain rod. | 到十楼阳台 拴着一根浴室挂帘杆 |
[49:47] | Is that what you want? | 这就是你想要的吗 |
[49:50] | You want the rest of your life to be just like tonight? | 你想要余生都像今晚一样度过吗 |
[49:53] | – Well, that was Walter. – No, Walter. No, come on. | -那就是沃特 -不 沃特 不是 |
[49:59] | Look at this. You really look at this. | 看看这个 好好看看 |
[50:03] | That’s you, Walter. | 这是你 沃特 |
[50:06] | Remember that? | 记得这个吗 |
[50:09] | When Porter was born, and he was so little? | 这是珀特刚出生 他那么小 |
[50:14] | And they pulled him out of me, and you stood right by him. | 他出生后 你就站在他身旁 |
[50:18] | You looked him right in the eye, | 你看着他 |
[50:19] | and you let him know that you weren’t going anywhere, | 你跟他说你决不离开他 |
[50:21] | that you were staying right there so he wouldn’t be scared. | 你会一直待在那里不让他害怕 |
[50:25] | Walter, that’s you. That’s the man I love. That’s the man I need. | 沃特 这才是你 我深爱 需要的男人 |
[50:30] | You’re still inside there, honey. | 在你内心深处 那个人还在 亲爱的 |
[50:33] | I know you’re in there. We can go back. | 你还在 我们可以回去 |
[50:38] | We can get back to the way that we used to be. | 我们可以回到从前的生活 |
[50:40] | We are not going down that street again, Meredith. | 我们不会重蹈覆辙 梅拉迪斯 |
[50:43] | This man is a dead end. He’s gone. He has to be. | 这个男人死路一条 他离开了 他必须走 |
[50:49] | You get it? | 懂了吗 |
[50:51] | I fought for you. | 我为你而努力 |
[50:53] | I practically breathed for you | 你整天昏睡不起的那两年里 |
[50:54] | for two years when you couldn’t even get out of bed, | 我对你不离不弃 |
[50:56] | and I will continue to fight for you because I love you. | 现在我依然为你努力 因为我爱你 |
[51:00] | I’ve got to know that you’re coming back. | 我必须知道你愿意回来 |
[51:02] | Come back to me, please. | 回到我身边 求你了 |
[51:04] | Walter? | 沃特 |
[51:06] | Walter? | 沃特 |
[51:21] | Norah, I can’t take this again. | 诺拉 我经不起你这么折腾了 |
[51:28] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[51:37] | Hello. We came as soon as we heard. | 你好 一听到消息我们就来了 |
[51:41] | I’m the Beaver, and this is Porter’s dad, Walter. | 我是海狸 这是珀特的爸爸 沃特 |
[51:46] | Listen, we’ll get it all sorted. | 一切都会解决的 |
[51:48] | I’m here now so we’ll take care of things. | 我来了 我们会处理这些事的 |
[51:49] | Have a nice safe drive home. | 回家路上注意安全 |
[52:08] | Wait. | 等等 |
[52:12] | Porter, mate, hang about. | 珀特 伙计 等一下 |
[52:14] | Come on. We can discuss this. Come on. | 来嘛 我们可以谈谈 |
[52:16] | – Give me that thing! – Calm down! | -把那个给我 -冷静点 |
[52:17] | – Give it to me! Goddamn it! – Stop it! | -见鬼 把它给我 -住手 |
[52:20] | – Give me that thing! – Stop! | -快给我 -住手 |
[52:21] | Leave him alone! | 不许碰他 |
[52:24] | Porter! Porter! Oh, my God. | 珀特 珀特 天哪 |
[52:26] | Porter, are you okay? Are you all right? | 珀特 你还好吗 没事吧 |
[52:30] | Porter, let me see your hands. Are they bleeding? | 珀特 给我看看你的手 流血了吗 |
[52:31] | I’m sorry, son. I didn’t mean to do that. | 对不起 儿子 我不是故意的 |
[52:34] | You keep your hands off him! | 不许你碰他 |
[52:37] | Porter, come on. Let me see. | 珀特 快点 让我看看 |
[52:52] | Are you happy now? | 现在满意了吗 |
[52:54] | Porter? Porter? | 珀特 珀特 |
[53:34] | It’s Christmas in May. | 这是五月的圣诞节 |
[53:37] | That’s what some retailers are saying | 零售商们如是说 |
[53:39] | with Mr. Beaver Woodchopper Kits selling out in droves. | 海狸先生木匠工具箱销售如潮 |
[53:43] | Recently, Jerry Co. had been in steep decline, | 近期 杰瑞公司.业绩大幅下滑 |
[53:46] | hovering on the verge of bankruptcy earlier this year. | 今年初已处在破产边缘 |
[53:49] | But thanks to Mr. Beaver, | 但多亏了海狸先生 |
[53:51] | that won’t be happening any time soon. | 萧条的日子一去不复返了 |
[53:55] | It’s like a 100 million ad campaign, for free! | 这就像是免费的亿元广告宣传 |
[54:02] | Jerry Co.’s back in the game. The old man would be so proud. | 杰瑞公司强势回归 你爸爸一定很骄傲 |
[54:08] | I’ve got to hand it to you. | 这要归功于你 |
[54:10] | You pulled all the strings, and look where we landed. | 你竭尽所能 看看我们的成果吧 |
[54:13] | On top, for once. | 第一次遥遥领先 |
[54:19] | – It feels good, doesn’t it? – They. | -感觉棒极了 不是吗 -他们 |
[54:26] | Sir? | 先生 |
[54:28] | My family. | 我的家人 |
[54:31] | Who’s the biggest interview request we’ve had so far? | 目前邀请我们接受采访的媒体里哪家最大 |
[54:36] | All the morning shows. CNN, CNBC.. | 所有日间档节目 CNN CNBC |
[54:38] | Today Show, then. Set it up. | 那就今日秀 去安排吧 |
[54:40] | But, sir, the Today Show is on television. | 但是 先生 今日秀是电视节目 |
[54:44] | What are we hiding? We’re winners. | 我们干嘛躲躲藏藏的 我们是赢家 |
[54:47] | We should be shouting it from the rooftops. | 我们应该站在屋顶上大声喊出来 |
[54:52] | It would certainly be a story. | 这肯定是个噱头 |
[55:02] | I’m gonna tell you something | 我要跟你说一件事 |
[55:05] | that I’ve never told anyone else, | 我之前从没跟别人说过 |
[55:09] | but I think you’re ready to hear it. | 但我觉得你已经准备好了 |
[55:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[55:17] | I’m not a puppet. | 我不是一只布偶 |
[55:22] | I’m real. | 我是真实的 |
[55:25] | I’m alive. | 我是活的 |
[55:28] | And the world needs to know. | 我要告诉全世界 |
[55:52] | You all right, love? | 你还好吗 亲爱的 |
[55:57] | Some trouble? | 有问题吗 |
[55:59] | I talked to Dr. Macy today. | 我今天跟梅西医生谈过了 |
[56:03] | What did he have to say for himself? | 他有什么要说的 |
[56:12] | He says that you haven’t been to see him in over a year. | 他说你一年多来都没有去就诊 |
[56:16] | Dr. Macy says that you’re sick, Walter. Very sick. | 梅西医生说你病了 沃特 病得很严重 |
[56:18] | Yeah. Right. | 好吧 |
[56:20] | He said this sounds like some kind of a mania. | 他说这听起来像躁狂症 |
[56:22] | Okay, well, who gives a shit what Dr. Macy has to say? | 好吧 梅西医生说什么关我屁事 |
[56:25] | I fixed him. | 是我把他治好了 |
[56:27] | Everybody else seems to get it. | 别人都明白 |
[56:29] | Henry, people at work. Everyone except you. | 亨利 我的员工 怎么就你不明白 |
[56:33] | Does that tell you something? | 这说明了什么 |
[56:34] | You just want to live like this forever? | 你就一辈子这么过了吗 |
[56:35] | Talking through your hand? | 用手来替你说话 |
[56:36] | I’d say it’s been a pretty smashing success so far, wouldn’t you? | 我得说这个方法成效显著 你觉得呢 |
[56:39] | You need help, Walter! You need help! You’re sick. | 你需要帮助 沃特 你病了 |
[56:43] | “Help.” Eat the pill, | 帮助 不就是吃点药片 |
[56:45] | read the book, see the bleeding expert. | 看看书 见见专家 |
[56:48] | Walter finally helped himself. | 沃特最终自我了结 |
[56:49] | Listen to yourself. This is insane. | 你听听 这简直太荒谬了 |
[56:50] | You’re talking about a puppet. | 你说的不过是一只布偶 |
[56:51] | No, Meredith. You’re talking about a bloody puppet. | 不 梅拉迪斯 在你看来是一只布偶 |
[56:56] | We’re talking about a miracle. | 我们看来一个奇迹 |
[57:01] | Who’s “We,” Walter? | 除了你还有谁 沃特 |
[57:11] | I know it’s hard, mate. I know. | 我知道这很难 老兄 我都知道 |
[57:16] | You can’t afford to get mixed up in all of this. | 你不能迷失自我 |
[57:19] | You just keep moving. Keep moving and don’t look back. | 你要继续下去 继续向前 不要回头 |
[57:39] | You’re right, of course. | 当然 你是对的 |
[57:43] | Walter is sick. | 沃特确实病了 |
[57:48] | But make no mistake about it, love. I’m not going anywhere. | 但是别误会 我不会离开他 |
[58:02] | I’ve rented a house. | 我租了房子 |
[58:05] | I’m taking the boys and everything we can carry. | 我会带上儿子们和所有拿得动的家当 |
[58:08] | I don’t want you to call. I don’t want you to visit. | 你不要打电话 也不要来看我们 |
[58:13] | If you’re determined to lose your mind, | 如果你执意要这样无理取闹下去 |
[58:16] | well, I can’t stop you. | 我也没有办法 |
[58:18] | But I’m not gonna let them stand there and watch it. Not my sons. | 但我不会让儿子们眼睁睁看着 |
[58:29] | Insanity may play at the office, | 你的疯癫在办公室里说不定有市场 |
[58:31] | but it’s not gonna work in front of a judge. | 但在我面前行不通 |
[59:32] | Why aren’t you coming with us? | 你为什么不和我们一起走 |
[59:35] | Another time, mate. Another time. | 以后吧 伙计 下次再说 |
[59:41] | But I want to stay with you. | 我想和你在一起 |
[59:44] | You go with your mum, all right? We’ll get it sorted. You’ll see. | 你和妈妈一起走 好吗 会有办法的 |
[59:48] | Everything will be good again real soon. All right. | 很快一切都会好起来的 好吗 |
[59:52] | – Bye. – Let’s go. | -再见 -我们走 |
[59:53] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:00:05] | I love you, Daddy. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[1:00:09] | I love you, too, son. I love you, too. | 我也爱你 儿子 我也爱你 |
[1:00:13] | Go on. Off you go. Go on. | 好了 去吧 走吧 |
[1:00:52] | Well, sometimes, Matt… May I call you Matt? | 有的时候 马特 我可以叫你马特吗 |
[1:00:55] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 没问题 |
[1:00:56] | Sometimes, a single inspiration just comes to you | 有时候 灵感就是会在深夜时分 |
[1:01:01] | in the middle of the night. | 找上门来 |
[1:01:03] | But your genius seems to hide in a stuffed toy. | 但你的才华似乎躲在一个毛绒玩具里 |
[1:01:09] | So people have to doubt your sanity a little. | 所以有的时候人们会怀疑你的理智 |
[1:01:13] | Well, Mozart was said to occasionally meow like a cat, | 据说莫扎特有的时候也会像猫一样喵喵叫 |
[1:01:18] | but he got on all right. | 但他还不是很好 |
[1:01:20] | Great music, don’t you think? | 写出传世名曲 你说呢 |
[1:01:23] | Walter, I want to talk about depression. | 沃特 我想说说抑郁症 |
[1:01:25] | Because the way it’s been told to me, | 因为 据我了解 |
[1:01:28] | this whole thing started as | 这一切始于 |
[1:01:29] | a way for you to deal with your mental illness. | 你借此治疗心理疾病 |
[1:01:31] | Well, all right. | 是啊 没错 |
[1:01:33] | Well, sometimes, Matt, | 有时候 马特 |
[1:01:36] | we reach a point where, in order to go on, | 我们走到某一步 为了继续下去 |
[1:01:41] | we have to wipe the slate clean. | 我们需要把过去统统抹去 |
[1:01:44] | We start to see ourselves as a box that we’re trapped inside. | 我们会觉得被自己禁锢了 |
[1:01:48] | And no matter how we try and escape, | 无论如何努力 如何挣扎 |
[1:01:50] | self-help, therapy, drugs, | 不管是自助 治疗 还是药物 |
[1:01:53] | we just sink further and further down. | 我们只能越陷越深 |
[1:01:56] | The only way to truly break out of the box | 唯一打破禁锢的方法 |
[1:01:58] | is just to get rid of it altogether. | 就是将之完全抛弃 |
[1:02:01] | I mean, you built it in the first place. | 因为最先是你自己编织了牢笼 |
[1:02:04] | If the people around you | 如果身边的人想阻止你 |
[1:02:05] | are breaking your spirit, who needs them? | 那留他们有何用 |
[1:02:08] | Your wife who pretends to love you, | 你的妻子假装爱你 |
[1:02:10] | your son who can’t even stand you. | 你的儿子受不了你 |
[1:02:12] | I mean, put them out of their misery. | 帮他们脱离苦海 |
[1:02:15] | Starting over isn’t crazy. | 从头再来不是疯狂 |
[1:02:19] | Crazy is being miserable | 疯狂 是过着悲惨 |
[1:02:22] | and walking around half asleep, numb, | 半梦半醒 麻木的生活 |
[1:02:24] | day after day after day. | 日复一日 |
[1:02:27] | Crazy is pretending to be happy. | 疯狂是假装开心 |
[1:02:31] | Pretending that the way things are | 假装现有的一切 |
[1:02:34] | is the way they have to be for the rest of your bleeding life. | 在有生之年都不会再改变 |
[1:02:38] | All the potential, hope, | 所有的潜力 希望 |
[1:02:41] | all that joy, feeling, | 欢乐 感觉 |
[1:02:43] | all that passion that life has sucked out of you. | 所有激情都从你生命中消失 |
[1:02:47] | Reach out, grab a hold of it | 你伸手 将它攥住 |
[1:02:49] | and snatch it back from that blood-sucking rabble. | 从那些吸血鬼手里抢回来 |
[1:02:56] | Walter, it’s good to have you here. | 沃特 多谢你能来 |
[1:02:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:03:11] | This is a picture of Walter Black, | 这就是沃特·布莱克 |
[1:03:15] | a hopelessly depressed individual | 一个抑郁得无可救药的人 |
[1:03:20] | who becomes the Beaver, | 后来他变成了海狸 |
[1:03:23] | who becomes a phenomenon. | 变成了一种现象 |
[1:03:26] | There’s a lot of people | 世界上 |
[1:03:27] | out there who are desperate enough to listen. | 有很多人绝望到愿意接受这一切 |
[1:03:30] | People seem to love a train wreck | 对于不会降临到他们头上的列车事故 |
[1:03:33] | when it’s not happening to them. | 人们似乎很是热衷 |
[1:03:40] | Norah, look, we need to talk. | 诺拉 我们得谈谈 |
[1:03:42] | Now’s not a good time. | 现在不是时候 |
[1:03:44] | Yeah, well, I called you, I texted you, and I IM’d you, | 是啊 我电话 短信 IM都试过 了 |
[1:03:46] | and it never seems like a good time. So… | 你一直都说不是时候 所以 |
[1:03:48] | Maybe you should take that as a hint. | 那你还不明白吗 |
[1:03:50] | I’m an idiot, all right? | 我是白痴 好吗 |
[1:03:51] | That’s not how I wanted things to turn out. | 我不希望事情会变成这样 |
[1:03:54] | I like you, all right? I actually give a shit. | 我喜欢你 我很在乎你 |
[1:03:56] | You don’t give a shit about me. You don’t even know me. | 你根本不在乎 你甚至都不了解我 |
[1:03:59] | Look, your brother OD’d, all right? | 你哥哥磕药过量死了 没错 |
[1:04:01] | But ditching your own talent, what makes you you, | 但隐藏你独有的才华 |
[1:04:04] | that’s not gonna bring him back. | 也不会让他回到你身边 |
[1:04:05] | It’s just going to make you nothing. | 只会让你碌碌无为 |
[1:04:07] | You stay the hell away from me. | 离我远点 |
[1:04:11] | You and your psycho family. | 你 还有你的神经病家人 |
[1:04:27] | Are you happy? Are you truly, truly happy? | 你高兴吗 真正发自内心的高兴吗 |
[1:04:32] | Because, Jon, there’s something lacking in all of us. | 因为 乔 我们所有人都缺了点东西 |
[1:04:34] | A missing piece. | 遗失的一部分 |
[1:04:35] | There’s a little bit of a black spot or a dark spot. | 总有一个小黑点或者一片阴影 |
[1:04:39] | It’s that obvious? | 很明显吗 |
[1:04:42] | I’m sorry to say, Jon, but Walter needs a little help. | 很抱歉 乔 但沃特需要一点帮助 |
[1:04:45] | Because he’s not too articulate at the moment. | 因为他现在不很善于言辞 |
[1:04:48] | In fact, he’s not well. | 事实上 他不太好 |
[1:05:01] | Get up. Get up. | 起床 起床 |
[1:05:07] | Get up, you miserable wanker. | 起床 你这个可怜虫 |
[1:05:09] | You’re not going to get much out of ol’ Walter. | 沃特没什么话说 |
[1:05:13] | He’s feeling a bit under the weather, you see? | 你看 他有点不舒服 |
[1:05:15] | Come on. It’s a radio show. | 拜托 这是电台 |
[1:05:18] | People can’t even see the puppet. | 大家根本看不到这个布偶 |
[1:05:20] | So why talk through the puppet? | 为什么还要让布偶替你说话 |
[1:07:36] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:07:37] | Mere, it’s me. | 梅拉 是我 |
[1:07:39] | Walter, are you okay? | 沃特 你没事吧 |
[1:07:41] | Yeah, look, | 没事 |
[1:07:43] | I can’t… I can’t… | 我不能 不能 |
[1:07:46] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[1:07:49] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[1:07:51] | Walter? Walter, talk to me! | 沃特 沃特 说话 |
[1:07:54] | Who are you talking to? | 你在跟谁打电话 |
[1:07:58] | – Hang up. You hang up right now. – Walter? | -挂掉 现在就挂电话 -沃特 |
[1:08:07] | Can your mother stitch? | 你妈妈会缝针吗 |
[1:08:26] | You’ll never win. | 你赢不了我的 |
[1:08:40] | – I want Daddy. Where’s Daddy? – I know. | -我要爸爸 爸爸在哪儿 -我知道 |
[1:08:43] | I want the Beaver. | 我要海狸 |
[1:08:47] | Are you awake? | 你醒着吗 亲爱的 |
[1:08:49] | Honey, you’ve got to go get Dad, all right? | 你得去把爸爸找来 好吗 |
[1:08:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:08:52] | He’s not answering his phone, and Henry won’t stop crying. | 他不接电话 亨利又哭个不停 |
[1:08:55] | I just don’t know what to do. Please. | 我不知道怎么办 求你了 |
[1:08:58] | Come on, baby. We’re going to find Daddy soon. It’s okay. | 来 宝贝 我们马上去找爸爸 没事了 |
[1:09:50] | Haven’t I given you exactly what you asked for? | 难道我没有给你想要的一切吗 |
[1:10:02] | You don’t need them, Walter. | 你不需要他们 沃特 |
[1:10:11] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:10:16] | I’m the only one that really, really loves you. | 我是唯一真心爱你的人 |
[1:10:21] | And that is why I would never let you go back. | 所以我绝不会让你回头 |
[1:10:31] | Never. | 绝不 |
[1:10:46] | I don’t want to sleep anymore. | 我不想继续昏睡下去 |
[1:10:51] | Maybe… | 也许 |
[1:10:54] | Maybe, you know, we should work on something. | 也许 我们可以找点事做 |
[1:10:59] | Yeah, sure, mate. Come on. | 好啊 当然 来吧 |
[1:11:17] | Walter, not like this. | 沃特 不要这样 |
[1:11:19] | Don’t do it. | 别这样 |
[1:11:20] | It will be worse than before. Much worse. | 你会比以前更糟 糟糕透顶 |
[1:11:22] | Do you want to end up a worthless, lonely piece of shit? | 你想成为无名小卒 孤独终老吗 |
[1:11:28] | You’re nothing without me, Walter. | 没了我 你什么都不是 沃特 |
[1:11:31] | Nothing! | 什么都不是 |
[1:11:33] | I’m the only part of you that works. | 我是你仅有的 |
[1:11:43] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:12:00] | Walter! How about Henry, your kid? You remember him? | 沃特 亨利怎么办 你儿子 记得吗 |
[1:12:04] | Walter! | 沃特 |
[1:12:08] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[1:12:12] | BP’s dropping. Don’t touch | 血压在降低 没上手术台前 |
[1:12:13] | the tourniquet until he’s on the table. | 不要碰止血带 |
[1:12:15] | It’s the only reason he still has a pulse. | 这是唯一维持脉搏的东西 |
[1:12:23] | Wake | 醒来 |
[1:12:45] | As the new CEO of Jerry Co., | 作为杰瑞公司的新CEO |
[1:12:48] | I want to assure people that the company is back in good hands. | 我向大家保证 公司已重新开始正常运转 |
[1:13:47] | I paid Porter $200, | 我付了珀特200美元 |
[1:13:51] | and he did some research. | 然后他搞了点调查 |
[1:13:53] | I let my family down. | 我让家人失望了 |
[1:13:57] | I’m really ashamed about this, | 对此我十分羞愧 |
[1:13:58] | and I just want to put it behind me as soon as possible. | 想尽快把此事做个了结 |
[1:14:10] | Grasshopper, are you fishing in our lily pond? | 草蜢 你在荷花池里钓鱼吗 |
[1:14:13] | Come on. Let’s go see your dad. | 走吧 我们去看你爸爸 |
[1:14:18] | – I’m not going. – Fine. | -我不去 -可以 |
[1:14:20] | If you don’t want to go, then don’t go. | 如果你不想去 就别去 |
[1:14:22] | But you’re not just going to sleep all day. | 但你不能整天睡觉 |
[1:14:25] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:14:27] | Come on, Porter. Let’s go. Get up! | 来 珀特 我们走 起来 |
[1:14:29] | – For Christ’s sake. – Stop! | -看在老天的份上 -别拉了 |
[1:14:30] | – Are we going? – Stop! Stop! | -我们走了吗 -别拉了 |
[1:14:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:14:35] | Fine. | 那好 |
[1:14:39] | Just do something, all right? | 做点什么 好吗 |
[1:14:42] | Go outside, take a walk, steal a car. I don’t care. | 出门 散步 偷车 随你便 |
[1:14:45] | I just don’t want to find you back in bed when I get home. | 不要等我回来你还在睡 |
[1:14:59] | Your family’s here. | 你家人来了 |
[1:15:15] | It’s okay. Go on. | 没关系的 继续走 |
[1:15:22] | Hey, little fella. How are you? | 小家伙 你还好吗 |
[1:15:25] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:15:27] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[1:15:29] | – It’s a brain. – Wow. It’s a brain! | -是个大脑 -是大脑啊 |
[1:15:32] | Mom says yours got broken. | 妈妈说你的那个坏了 |
[1:15:35] | This will come in handy. | 这个没准会派上用场 |
[1:15:37] | So, are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[1:15:42] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[1:15:44] | We’re working on it. | 我们在想办法 |
[1:15:47] | Does that mean you can come home? | 也就是说你可以回家了吗 |
[1:15:49] | We’re working on that, too. | 这个也在想办法 |
[1:15:52] | Hey, where’s your brother? | 你哥哥在哪儿 |
[1:15:54] | Probably sleeping. It’s all he does. | 估计在睡觉 他整天就这点事 |
[1:16:00] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:16:03] | Come here! I’ll bite you on your ear! | 过来 我要咬你的小耳朵 |
[1:17:00] | I must have sent you 15 texts. | 我给你发了十五条短信 |
[1:17:03] | I’d given up on you. | 都要放弃你了 |
[1:17:06] | Well, that makes two of us. | 我也是 |
[1:17:12] | You were right. I guess I had some stuff to say. | 你没说错 我想我有话要说 |
[1:17:18] | Apparently, a lot of stuff. | 显然 有很多话要说 |
[1:17:22] | Anyway, now you know what’s on my mind, | 现在你知道我在想什么了 |
[1:17:24] | so you can write my speech. | 所以你可以写我的演讲了 |
[1:17:26] | No. | 不 |
[1:17:28] | I think I’m officially out of that business. | 我金盆洗手了 |
[1:17:31] | You owe me. | 你欠我的 |
[1:17:35] | You made this for me. | 这是为我画的 |
[1:17:38] | Yesterday. | 昨天画的 |
[1:17:41] | How come? | 为什么 |
[1:17:43] | Because there’s more that belongs on a wall than, | 因为这画不仅仅告诉你 |
[1:17:46] | “Norah has a dead brother.” | 诺拉的弟弟死了 |
[1:17:51] | Even if it is a big mess. | 即使画得乱七八糟的 |
[1:17:54] | It’s amazing. | 这很棒 |
[1:17:57] | Funny. I think it’s a mess, and you think it’s amazing. | 真好笑 我觉得这画一团糟 你觉得很棒 |
[1:18:01] | And I think you’re amazing, and you think you’re a mess. | 而我觉得你很棒 你却觉得自己一团糟 |
[1:18:06] | You know what? I don’t want to think anymore. | 我不想再思前想后了 |
[1:18:15] | You still owe me a speech. | 你还是欠我一篇演讲 |
[1:18:18] | Just make sure it sounds like me. | 要确保是我的语气 |
[1:18:27] | So, do I just sit here writing and get arrested again? | 那我就坐这儿写 等警察来抓吗 |
[1:18:32] | No, take it with you, dummy. | 不 把它带走 傻帽 |
[1:18:35] | Take it with me? | 把它带走 |
[1:19:23] | Good afternoon, graduates, dead poets, | 下午好 毕业生们 死亡诗社的诗人们 |
[1:19:26] | painters, future Einsteins, and all those in between. | 画家 未来的爱因斯坦 还有其他所有人 |
[1:19:31] | Today I’m here to warn you that you are being lied to. | 今天 我想警告大家 你们都被骗了 |
[1:19:35] | Our parents, our teachers, our doctors have lied to us. | 我们的父母 老师 医生都向我们撒谎 |
[1:19:40] | And it’s the exact same lie. The same six words, | 而且是同一个谎言 同样六个字 |
[1:19:45] | “Everything is going to be okay.” | 一切都会好的 |
[1:19:49] | But what if it isn’t? | 要是不会呢 |
[1:19:53] | What if some of human experience is just something you inherit, | 如果你的人生体验是遗传而来 |
[1:19:55] | like curly hair or blue eyes? | 比如卷发 蓝眼睛 |
[1:19:58] | What if pain is just in your DNA and tragedy is your birthright? | 如果痛苦深植于基因中 悲剧与生俱来 |
[1:20:04] | Or what if… | 又如果 |
[1:20:05] | “Or what if sometimes…” | 又如果有时 |
[1:20:08] | “…right out of the blue, when you least expect it, | 悲剧降临了 |
[1:20:12] | “Shit just happens? | 毫无征兆 出乎意料 |
[1:20:17] | “Shit just happens.” | 就那么发生了 |
[1:20:22] | Okay, I’m sure, right now, you’re all thinking, | 现在你们肯定在想 |
[1:20:24] | “Man, this is the darkest graduation speech I’ve ever heard.” | 这是我听过的最阴暗的毕业演讲 |
[1:20:27] | And it is. I agree with you, but I didn’t write it. | 没错 我也这么认为 但这不是我写的 |
[1:20:34] | I’ve spent so much time | 为了等待这个谎言成真 |
[1:20:37] | waiting for this lie to come true | 我花了那么多时间 |
[1:20:40] | that I finally paid someone to tell the truth for me. | 最后竟然付钱让别人告诉我真相 |
[1:20:47] | I’m not okay. | 我不好 |
[1:20:49] | Not at all. | 很不好 |
[1:20:53] | The truth is, | 事实是 |
[1:20:55] | I’m missing something, | 我失去了一些东西 |
[1:20:59] | the thing I loved the most, | 我最爱的东西 |
[1:21:02] | the face I wish were in the front row right now. | 我希望能坐在前排的那个人 |
[1:21:07] | The brother I’ll never get back. | 永远失去了的弟弟 |
[1:21:15] | So what do I do with that? | 我又是怎么面对这些的 |
[1:21:21] | What do any of us do, | 除了相信谎言 |
[1:21:24] | besides lie? | 我们还能做些什么 |
[1:21:29] | This is what I believe. | 我是这样认为的 |
[1:21:35] | Right now, in this auditorium, there is someone who is with you. | 现在 就在这个报告厅里 有人在你身边 |
[1:21:39] | Someone who is willing to pick you up, dust you off, | 愿意让你振作起来 为你消除烦恼 |
[1:21:44] | kiss you, forgive you, | 吻你 原谅你 |
[1:21:46] | put up with you, wait for you, carry you, | 忍受你 等待你 照顾你 |
[1:21:50] | love you. | 爱你 |
[1:21:53] | So, while everything may not always be okay, | 所以 虽然一切不会永远都如我们所愿 |
[1:21:57] | one thing I know is true. | 但有一件事是毋庸置疑的 |
[1:22:01] | You do not have to be alone. | 你不必孤独 |
[1:22:46] | I didn’t think you’d come. | 没想到你会来 |
[1:22:49] | I didn’t think I would, either. | 我也没想到 |
[1:22:59] | I’m just glad you’re still here. | 很高兴你还在这儿 |
[1:23:03] | Yeah, most of me, anyway. | 是啊 大部分还在 |
[1:23:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:23:12] | You know, when I was a little kid, | 我小时候 |
[1:23:14] | man, all I ever wanted was to be like you. | 一心想着变得像你一样 |
[1:23:21] | Then I got older, | 后来长大了 |
[1:23:25] | and I just wanted to be anybody else. | 就惟独不想变成你 |
[1:23:34] | And now? | 现在呢 |
[1:23:42] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[1:24:41] | This is a picture of Walter Black, | 这是沃特·布莱克 |
[1:24:45] | who had to become a beaver, | 曾经变成了一只海狸 |
[1:24:48] | who had to become a father, | 又变回了一位父亲 |
[1:24:51] | so that, one day, this might just be a picture of Walter Black. | 所以最终 也许他可以做回自己 |