时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Rebecca. | 丽贝卡 |
[00:05] | It’s not a good time to do laundry, sis. | 现在可不是洗衣服的好时候 老姐 |
[00:07] | Cathy and I are getting a divorce. | 我要和凯西离婚了 |
[00:08] | To a newly single Pauly. | 为单身新贵保小罗干杯 |
[00:09] | Hell, yeah. | 顶 |
[00:11] | You fucked somebody, so I fucked somebody too. | 你和别人胡搞 那我就以牙还牙 |
[00:13] | And what do you have to say about that? | 你对此又有什么好说的 |
[00:15] | I have cancer. | 我得了癌症 |
[01:06] | Now if any of you get into credit card debt | 我花了整整一个小时 |
[01:08] | after I have spent the past hour telling you | 教你们如何规避信用卡债务 |
[01:10] | everything I know about how to avoid it, | 要是以后你们有谁欠了卡债 |
[01:13] | then shame on you. | 那就面壁思过去吧 |
[01:14] | And do not use your birthday as a pin number. | 还有 别把自己生日设为密码 |
[01:19] | Got it? | 明白了吗 |
[01:23] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[01:26] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[01:29] | In solidarity. | 来支持你 |
[01:30] | What are you doing? | 你到底在干嘛 |
[01:32] | I know that chemo will eventually | 我知道无情的化疗终将 |
[01:34] | take your beautiful golden tresses, | 带走你那头迷人的金发 |
[01:37] | but I will be your bald twin. | 但我愿和你一起光头 |
[01:41] | No, Paul, don’t. No, stop! | 不 保罗 别这样 停下 |
[01:42] | Paul, no. I… | 保罗 不要 我… |
[01:44] | I’m not doing chemo. | 我没有做化疗 |
[01:48] | What do you mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[01:49] | Do you mean now or at all? | 是指暂时不做 还是根本不打算 |
[01:51] | It — | 化疗 |
[01:54] | it’s not a good treatment for stage four. | 化疗并不适用于晚期病人 |
[01:56] | It’ll just make me weak and nauseous, | 它只会让我感到乏力和反胃 |
[01:58] | so I decided not to do it. | 因此我决定不做 |
[01:59] | Well, if you’re not doing chemo, | 如果你没有做化疗 |
[02:00] | what are you doing? | 你在做什么呢 |
[02:03] | Living my life. | 过我的日子 |
[02:05] | Are you serious? | 你不是在开玩笑吧 |
[02:06] | ‘Cause that sounds pretty fucking ridiculous to me. | 因为我觉得这荒谬透顶 |
[02:08] | I mean, living your life? Anybody can do that. | 我是说 过日子 谁不会过日子啊 |
[02:09] | No, I’m also — I’m waiting for a clinical trial. | 不 我还在等待一个临床试验 |
[02:11] | You’re waiting for somebody else to figure something out? | 你在指望别人替你想办法吗 |
[02:14] | I’ve been up all night reading about things we can do now. | 我一宿没睡 查阅我们现在可以采取的措施 |
[02:16] | Like coffee enemas, are you doing that yet? | 比方说咖啡灌肠疗法 你试过这个吗 |
[02:18] | ‘Cause we can do that as soon as you brew | 你只需要煮一壶该死的咖啡 |
[02:20] | a fucking pot of coffee. | 简单易行 |
[02:21] | Are you drinking breast milk? | 你在喝母乳吗 |
[02:22] | – They say that reverses symptoms. – What? | -据说母乳可以缓解症状 -什么 |
[02:24] | Of course we’ll need a nursing mother, | 当然 我们会需要一个奶妈 |
[02:25] | but that’s why you should have told me this earlier | 所以说你早就应该向我坦白 |
[02:27] | ’cause we’d have figured something out. | 我们肯定能想出法子来 |
[02:28] | But now, you know, you kept me in the dark | 可你一直把我蒙在鼓里 |
[02:30] | all this time and now you’re three months sicker! | 拖了整整三个月 现在病情又恶化了 |
[02:34] | Paul, it’s not an easy thing to say. | 保罗 这事不比寻常 |
[02:37] | It doesn’t just roll off the tongue. | 我无法轻易说出口 |
[02:45] | What? | 咋了 |
[02:46] | Your hair. | 你的头发 |
[02:48] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[02:51] | I’m Jackie. | 我叫杰基 |
[02:54] | Somebody got a bad haircut. | 看来有人理发失败了 |
[02:55] | Actually, he did it to himself. | 其实这是他自找的 |
[02:57] | Actually, cancer did it to me. | 其实这是癌症惹的祸 |
[02:59] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[03:00] | I get so many people who come in | 来我这的很多顾客 |
[03:01] | because they start the chemo shave | 都是因为化疗自己动手剃头 |
[03:03] | and then they just can’t finish it. | 结果剃到一半就打退堂鼓了 |
[03:04] | – Yeah. – What kind do you have? | -没错 -你得的哪种癌症 |
[03:07] | Melanoma. | 黑素瘤 |
[03:08] | Boy, that just rolled right off, didn’t it? | 你看 我还真是脱口而出 |
[03:10] | That feels really good to just say. | 一旦讲出来就好受多了 |
[03:12] | That’s a tricky one. | 这种癌症有些棘手 |
[03:13] | My partner’s cousin had melanoma. | 我搭档的表姐也患有黑素瘤 |
[03:16] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:16] | Did your partner’s cousin try coffee enemas? | 她试过咖啡灌肠疗法吗 |
[03:20] | Yes, she did. Once a week. | 有啊 她每周做一次 |
[03:22] | Are you eating apricots? | 你在吃杏吗 |
[03:23] | – Should I be? – Yes. | -我应该吃吗 -当然 |
[03:24] | 20 apricots a day. They say it’s a cure. | 每天吃二十个 据说有治疗作用 |
[03:26] | For what? Pooping? | 治疗什么 便秘吗 |
[03:29] | Aren’t you funny? | 您真幽默 |
[03:30] | Well, how’s she doing? | 她现在怎么样了 |
[03:31] | They gave her six months, it’s been three years, | 医生说她只能活六个月 可三年过去了 |
[03:33] | and she’s still hanging on. | 她还顽强地活着 |
[03:34] | Fantastic. | 真了不起 |
[03:36] | I’m gonna go get my special snippers | 我要去拿我的特制剪刀 |
[03:38] | and I’ll be right back. | 马上就回来 |
[03:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[03:41] | Too bad Jackie and I aren’t married. | 要是我和杰基是一对儿该多好 |
[03:43] | With our attitude and ideas, | 凭我们的观念和心态 |
[03:44] | might actually be able to beat this thing. | 大有可能战胜癌症 |
[03:45] | Maybe I should quit seeing my oncologist | 也许我该抛弃我的肿瘤医师 |
[03:47] | and just write down everything Jackie says. | 只需听从杰基说的每一句话 |
[03:49] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你一个问题吗 |
[03:51] | Does your oncologist wear a long, black robe | 你的肿瘤医师是不是穿着一件黑色长袍 |
[03:53] | and have no face and, you know, carry around a scythe? | 没有面容 随身带着一把镰刀 |
[03:56] | What? | 什么 |
[03:57] | You know, my grandpa used to keep one | 你知道吗 从前我爷爷的谷仓里 |
[03:58] | in his barn to cut hay with. | 就放着一把割草用的镰刀 |
[04:00] | Apparently yours uses it to poke holes in people | 貌似你的医生用它在人身上戳洞 |
[04:02] | so all their hope drains out. | 放掉他们所有的希望 |
[04:04] | All right, stop it. You sound crazy. | 好了 别再说了 你听起来像个疯子 |
[04:06] | I am. I’m crazy with cancer. | 我就是疯子 癌症把我逼得发狂 |
[04:09] | Honey, you’ve got to keep trying things, | 亲爱的 你不能停止尝试 |
[04:10] | if not for yourself, | 就算不为了你自己 |
[04:11] | at least for me and Adam. | 也要为我和亚当考虑 |
[04:13] | When does this get to be about me? | 我什么时候才能以自己为中心呢 |
[04:15] | It’s been about you all summer. | 整个夏天都是以你为中心 |
[04:17] | So how about we just try it my way for, oh, | 所以我们何不用两三天的时间 |
[04:19] | I don’t know, a couple, three days? | 试试我的方法 |
[04:20] | And what way would that be? | 你能有什么方法 |
[04:21] | Blabbing about it to every Tom, Dick, | 不管是张三李四还是理发师 |
[04:23] | and hairdresser who will listen? | 谁爱听你就跟谁说道吗 |
[04:25] | Why? | 为了什么 |
[04:26] | It feels good to talk about things. | 敞开心扉可以舒缓情绪 |
[04:28] | You should try it sometime. | 你应该找个机会试试 |
[04:28] | If I tell people, | 假如我告诉了别人 |
[04:30] | then I have to deal with their feelings, | 我就不得不顾及他们的情绪 |
[04:32] | like yours now. | 例如你现在这样 |
[04:35] | It’s a lot. | 这是种负担 |
[04:38] | I am your husband, | 我是你的丈夫 |
[04:41] | and I am entitled to have some feelings about this. | 我有权对你这状况抱有一些情绪 |
[04:45] | So, incidentally, is your son, | 顺带提一句 你儿子也一样 |
[04:47] | and we’re gonna have to clue him in soon | 我们要尽快告诉他你的病情 |
[04:49] | and, yes, he’s gonna have feelings too. | 而且 没错 他也会有情绪 |
[04:50] | We agreed not to tell him yet. | 我们说好了暂且不告诉他 |
[04:52] | Look, I don’t know how I’m gonna be around Adam | 听着 我们和亚当朝夕相处 |
[04:55] | with this information and not tell him. | 发生这样的事 我没法向他隐瞒 |
[04:56] | I don’t know how I’m gonna do that. | 我不知道怎样管住我的嘴 |
[04:57] | Paul, do not tell him. | 保罗 千万不要告诉他 |
[05:01] | I don’t want him to know I’m sick until I seem sick. | 我不想让他知道 除非症状发作瞒不住了 |
[05:04] | Well, maybe if you just have a coffee fucking enema | 是吗 也许你只需要用该死的咖啡灌个肠 |
[05:07] | and pop a few apricots, | 再塞几颗杏子到嘴里 |
[05:08] | you won’t have to tell him at all. | 那就根本不用告诉他了 |
[05:10] | I got my special snippers. | 我把特制剪刀取来了 |
[05:21] | This is a nice surprise. | 这真是个惊喜 |
[05:22] | How’s Adam doing? | 亚当最近怎么样 |
[05:23] | Oh, he’s… he’s fine. | 他啊 他很好 |
[05:25] | You know, he’s made a full recovery | 你知道吗 他彻底康复了 |
[05:26] | and I’m hoping that his mild concussion | 我希望他的轻微脑震荡 |
[05:28] | will result in improved math skills. | 能让他做数学题时脑子灵光一点 |
[05:38] | Your heart rate’s really high. | 你的心率真快 |
[05:40] | It’s probably because I did a coffee enema. | 可能是因为我刚做了咖啡灌肠 |
[05:43] | You did a what? | 你做了什么 |
[05:44] | I have never had so much energy. | 我的精力从未如此充沛 |
[05:46] | It is — it’s amazing. | 太奇妙了 |
[05:48] | You know, I used to think that the alternative world | 我从前对替代疗法抱有偏见 |
[05:50] | was just full of crystals and crazies, | 认为那都是异想天开 |
[05:51] | but, you know, I went online and I’ve got to say, | 但你知道吗 我上网查了查 不得不承认 |
[05:54] | a lot of this stuff makes sense. | 许多偏方都疗效显著 |
[05:56] | Have you heard of a bee sting treatment for cancer? | 你听说过用蜂蜇疗法治疗癌症吗 |
[05:59] | Heard of it. | 听说过 |
[06:00] | Yeah, there’s this doctor in Canada who does it | 对 有一个加拿大医生就采取这种疗法 |
[06:02] | and you get stung by a lot of bees | 用大量的蜜蜂叮咬病人 |
[06:04] | and it throws your immune system into overdrive | 让他们的免疫系统受到强烈刺激 |
[06:06] | and there’s this one guy, | 然后其中一个病人 |
[06:09] | this one guy, look. | 就是这个病人 你瞧 |
[06:11] | He was cured spontaneously. | 他就自然痊愈了 |
[06:14] | I mean, that’s amazing. | 我是说 这太惊人了 |
[06:17] | And I was thinking… | 我刚才在考虑 |
[06:20] | You know, maybe I should just go visit Canada. | 你知道吗 也许我该立马跑去加拿大 |
[06:22] | I mean, it’s so close. | 况且也不远 |
[06:24] | You’re not seriously thinking about doing this, are you? | 你不是真的想这么做 对吗 |
[06:26] | What? Are you trying to keep me sick? | 什么 你想让我就这么病下去吗 |
[06:29] | Do you have Munchausen by proxy? | 你有明肖森氏综合征吗 |
[06:31] | Look, I don’t dismiss the alternative world completely. | 听着 我并不完全否定替代疗法 |
[06:33] | All right, acupuncture, biofeedback, meditation… | 针灸法 生物反馈 冥想法 |
[06:36] | A lot of my patients use them as supplements | 我的很多病人都把这些疗法 |
[06:38] | to what they’re doing with Western medicine. | 作为对西医疗程的辅助 |
[06:40] | To supplement, but not to cure. | 仅仅作为辅助 但并不指望根治吗 |
[06:43] | To make themselves feel better. | 只求个心理安慰 |
[06:45] | Boy, | 我说 |
[06:48] | you really know how to suck the caffeine out of a girl. | 你可真是个泼冷水专家 |
[06:52] | Oh, and by the way, | 顺带说一句 |
[06:54] | I took your advice and told Paul. | 我听从你的建议 向保罗坦白了 |
[06:56] | How’d he take it? | 他有什么反应 |
[06:58] | He cut his hair. | 他把自己头发剃了 |
[07:00] | God! That’s a lot of caffeine. | 我的天 咖啡因让我好兴奋 |
[07:02] | Maybe I should go jog home. | 也许我该小跑回家 |
[07:08] | Hey, dad. | 老爸 |
[07:10] | Hey, buddy. | 伙计 |
[07:11] | – How’s the soccer game, man? – Good. | -球赛踢得如何 -很好 |
[07:13] | What did you do to your head? | 你的头发怎么了 |
[07:17] | That’s my summer cut. | 这是我的夏季新发型 |
[07:18] | You — you don’t like my summer cut? | 你 你不喜欢这个造型吗 |
[07:21] | You need a trim. | 你也该剪剪头了 |
[07:22] | Actually, I need a water. | 我想我得喝口水 |
[07:23] | You want a water? | 你要喝点吗 |
[07:24] | – No, I’m good. – You good? | -不用 我不渴 -不渴吗 |
[07:25] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:27] | Hey, um, Josh and his dad | 乔什和他老爸 |
[07:28] | rented this house on Gull Lake to go fishing. | 为了钓鱼在格尔湖租了一套房子 |
[07:31] | They said it was awesome. | 据说棒极了 |
[07:32] | They caught, like, this 15-pound walleye. | 他们钓到了一条十多斤的鼓眼鱼 |
[07:35] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[07:37] | You know, we should do that, dad. | 我觉得我们也应该这么做 老爸 |
[07:38] | Just the boys. Just us. | 只带爷们 只有咱俩 |
[07:41] | With mom, it’d be all, “Let’s pose for pictures.” | 妈妈就只会说 “我们来照张相吧” |
[07:43] | Yeah, “Let’s, uh, | “我们来…” |
[07:44] | “Let’s eat nutritious meals for dinner, | “来吃一顿营养晚餐吧” |
[07:46] | – because we can’t have…” – No. | -“因为我们没法…” -不 |
[07:48] | No. | 不 |
[07:50] | If we go somewhere, your mother comes with us. | 我们去哪都不能丢下你老妈 |
[07:52] | Do you understand me? | 听明白了吗 |
[07:53] | Whatever we do from now on, we do as a family. | 从今往后 做什么都要全家一起 |
[07:56] | But why? | 为什么啊 |
[07:59] | Because… | 因为 |
[08:01] | Your mother has camping recipes | 你妈妈手里有野营菜谱 |
[08:04] | that she really is eager for us to try. | 她很想做给我们吃 |
[08:06] | That’s why. | 就是这样 |
[08:07] | Dad, what the hell is wrong with you? | 爸 你没问题吧 |
[08:10] | Get out of the car, buddy. | 伙计 快下车 |
[08:11] | – What? – Get out of the car. | -什么 -快下车 |
[08:13] | – I got to go back to work. – I have to get new cleats. | -我得回去工作了 -我得去换鞋钉啊 |
[08:14] | I left something at work. | 我得回去拿点东西 |
[08:15] | So you’re gonna have to walk, pal. | 你得自己走去了 伙计 |
[08:16] | – Are you serious? – Okay? | -开什么玩笑 -就这样 |
[08:16] | Dad, the mall’s, like, eight blocks from here. | 商场离这里足有八条街 |
[08:17] | Look, it’s the summertime. | 现在可是夏天 |
[08:18] | Get a little exercise. It’s good for you. | 锻炼一下对身体好 |
[08:20] | I’m sorry, pal. My bad. | 抱歉 我的错 |
[08:22] | – Seriously, dad? – Off you go. | -你怎么了 老爸 -快走吧 |
[08:23] | I’ve got to get out of here. | 我得抓紧回公司 |
[08:25] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[08:30] | I have a gift for you. | 我有个礼物给你 |
[08:33] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[08:34] | Is it, uh, hidden somewhere inside that robe? | 你有没有把它藏在袍子里 |
[08:36] | Can I look for it? | 我来找一找 |
[08:38] | I have something to tell you. | 我有话要说 |
[08:40] | I spoke to my company and they’re changing | 我得到公司许可被分配到 |
[08:43] | my sales region to Minneapolis. | 明尼阿波利斯市销售区 |
[08:46] | I’m moving here. | 我要搬过来啦 |
[08:51] | Why? | 为什么啊 |
[08:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:55] | Not the reaction I was expecting. | 你这反应可出乎我的意料 |
[08:57] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 天啊 太抱歉了 |
[08:59] | Cool. | 真棒 |
[09:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:03] | Well, I, um… | 我 |
[09:05] | I… I like the area | 我喜欢这里 |
[09:07] | and I’ve been feeling ready for a change lately… | 现在 我觉得我可以换种生活了 |
[09:12] | and you’re here. | 而且你在这里 |
[09:13] | For now, but, you know, | 目前是这样 但 |
[09:15] | I could hop a train at any second | 我随时可能跳上火车 |
[09:17] | or flow like the river down south or wherever. | 或是像河流一样四处漂流 |
[09:22] | Why are you getting all weird? | 你怎么反应这么奇怪 |
[09:23] | I thought you’d be excited. | 我还以为你会很高兴 |
[09:25] | You got me a mug that says, | 你送我的杯子写着 |
[09:27] | “Welcome to Minnesota.” | “欢迎来到明尼苏达州” |
[09:30] | What was I supposed to infer from that? | 难道这不是希望我搬来吗 |
[09:33] | I found that mug in the dumpster. | 那是垃圾箱里扒来的 |
[09:35] | You’re supposed to infer from that | 你应该能想到 |
[09:37] | that the person who threw that mug away | 扔掉这杯子的那家伙 |
[09:39] | didn’t love it here. | 不怎么喜欢这里 |
[09:40] | So why the hell should you move? | 所以你哪根筋抽了要搬过来 |
[09:43] | I’m not asking you for a fucking ring. | 我他妈的没想管你要承诺 |
[09:46] | I just thought that I would be closer | 我只是想住得近些 |
[09:48] | so we could keep doing what we’ve been doing | 便于继续我们的这段关系 |
[09:50] | and see where it goes. | 任其自由发展 |
[09:51] | Look, I don’t want to be rude, | 听着 我不想对你无礼 |
[09:53] | but I’m just telling you, don’t move here for me. | 我就是想告诉你 别为我搬过来 |
[10:01] | God, you are such a cunt! | 妈的 你真他妈贱逼一个啊 |
[10:05] | What? | 说什么呢 |
[10:05] | You are really hurting my feelings. | 你伤透了我的心 |
[10:08] | I lowered my fucking bar for you! | 我跟你是他妈便宜了你 |
[10:13] | Please tell me this is foreplay. | 这样调情过头了吧 |
[10:15] | I can’t believe that I ever saw anything in you | 不知道当初看上你哪点了 |
[10:17] | and I want you the hell out! | 你他妈给我滚出去 |
[10:20] | Just get the hell out! | 能滚多远滚多远 |
[10:26] | She can’t sing. | 她五音不全 |
[10:27] | No, she cannot. | 对对 一点没错 |
[10:31] | You mind if I bum one of those? | 我能讨根烟吗 |
[10:33] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[10:35] | – Here. – Thanks, man. | -来 -谢啦 伙计 |
[10:37] | And, uh, got a light here. | 来 给你火机 |
[10:39] | Appreciate it. | 谢谢 |
[10:45] | I’m Paul. I work in creative. | 我叫保罗 在创意部工作 |
[10:47] | – Hi. I’m Morgan. – Hey, Morgan. | -你好 我叫摩根 -你好 摩根 |
[10:48] | And this is Brian. | 这位是布莱恩 |
[10:49] | – Hi, Brian. How are you? – Good. | -你好布莱恩 最近怎么样 -很好 |
[10:51] | We are your accounting rats. | 我们不就是打算盘算账呗 |
[10:57] | So sometimes I do your expense reports. | 我有时候负责给你报销 |
[10:59] | You eat a lot of pasta. | 你可吃了不少意粉啊 |
[11:03] | Are you okay there, buddy? | 伙计 没事吧 |
[11:05] | What? | 什么 |
[11:06] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[11:10] | Actually, no. | 其实有事 |
[11:12] | Uh, my wife has cancer. | 我妻子得了癌症 |
[11:14] | I just found out yesterday. | 我昨天才知道 |
[11:16] | Shit, dude. | 糟透了 伙计 |
[11:18] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 这消息可让人不怎么好受 |
[11:19] | Yeah, cancer’s a motherfucker. | 是啊 癌症就是混蛋 |
[11:21] | Tell me about it. | 可不是吗 |
[11:22] | Doesn’t make any sense, you know? | 简直没有天理 |
[11:23] | She does everything right. | 她生活很规律 |
[11:24] | I’m the one who hadn’t been to the gym in three years, | 我倒是三年没去健身房了 |
[11:26] | you know, and eats Slim Jims for breakfast. | 还整天把牛肉条当早餐 |
[11:29] | God, it’s everywhere. | 天啊 癌症怎么无处不在 |
[11:31] | I mean, isn’t there that woman over in HR | 人力资源部不是有个女人 |
[11:33] | whose husband has cancer? | 丈夫得了癌症吗 |
[11:34] | Uh-huh, uh, Sharon, I think. Or, uh, Cheryl. | 是啊 好像叫莎伦 不对 谢莉尔 |
[11:39] | It’s like a pandemic, you know? | 就跟流行病似的 |
[11:42] | Or endemic. | 或者是区域流行 |
[11:44] | What is it? Epidemic? | 叫什么来着 瘟疫吗 |
[11:45] | I… | 我 |
[11:47] | That sounds right. | 听着没错 |
[11:48] | She’s in HR, this woman, you say? | 你们提到那女的 在人力资源部吗 |
[11:50] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[11:53] | I told you not to get involved with Sean, Rebecca. | 我早告诉你别跟肖恩搅到一起 丽贝卡 |
[11:58] | It’s not that I can’t handle the breakup. | 我不是因为分手难过 |
[12:00] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[12:01] | and I know this is gonna sound strange, | 听起来可能有点怪 |
[12:04] | but Sean and I have this weird connection | 但我们俩的这种诡异关系 |
[12:07] | that was starting to make sense. | 本来都要步入正轨了 |
[12:09] | He challenged me | 他总跟我对着干 |
[12:10] | and I was starting to get through to him. | 而我一点点开始了解他 |
[12:12] | You weren’t. | 你不了解他 |
[12:14] | Trying to save Sean is a slippery slope. | 企图拯救肖恩只会把自己拖下水 |
[12:18] | I have wasted precious time on that project. | 我可曾耗费无数心血在这无用功上 |
[12:21] | Anyway. | 不管这些了 |
[12:25] | I tried to get my job back, | 我想回原址工作 |
[12:27] | but apparently they’re downsizing the Chicago region, | 但显然芝加哥销售区在裁员 |
[12:30] | so I’m moving here. | 所以 还是得搬来 |
[12:34] | Well, three months out of the year in Minneapolis… | 明尼阿波利斯市每年也就三个月难捱 |
[12:37] | absolutely bearable. | 完全可以忍受 |
[12:40] | I can hear you two cackling hens from my house. | 大老远就听到你们俩咯咯乱叫 |
[12:44] | Either the mail guy screwed up again | 这邮差要么是搞不清地址 |
[12:47] | or he’s just real invested in getting us to talk. | 要么就是想给咱俩创造交流机会 |
[12:51] | Little early to be getting boozy, isn’t it? | 现在就喝个烂醉有点早吧 |
[12:53] | Ahh, we’re just drowning our sorrows, Marlene. | 不过是借酒消愁 玛琳 |
[12:56] | You want to join us? | 你也来两杯吗 |
[12:57] | Nah. | 不用 |
[12:58] | I got coupons to a new place | 我有几张礼券 新地方 |
[13:00] | with a free buffet I’m gonna check out. | 提供免费自助餐 我要去瞧瞧 |
[13:03] | If you haven’t had lunch yet, | 你们要是没吃午饭 |
[13:04] | I got a couple two-fors, if you want to come along. | 我还能带俩人 一起去吗 |
[13:07] | Fuck Sean! I’m in! | 滚他妈的肖恩 算上我 |
[13:16] | – Cheryl? – Yeah? | -你是谢莉尔吗 -我是 |
[13:18] | Hi, I’m Paul Jamison. | 你好 我是保罗·贾米森 |
[13:20] | I work over in creative. | 在创意部工作 |
[13:21] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[13:21] | Um, I’m being very forward here | 恕我冒失了 |
[13:26] | I heard about what you’re going through | 对你的遭遇我有所耳闻 |
[13:27] | and I just found out yesterday that my wife has cancer | 我昨天刚刚发现我老婆得了癌症 |
[13:30] | and I was wondering if I could talk to you about it. | 咱们俩能交流一下吗 |
[13:36] | Is that your husband? | 那是你丈夫吗 |
[13:37] | Oh, uh, yeah. | 没错 |
[13:38] | Well, well, he’s got a fantastic head of hair. | 他有一头浓密的头发啊 |
[13:40] | My hair’s usually a lot longer than this. | 我以前头发比这长多了 |
[13:42] | But anyway, I just thought it was so great | 话说回来 我觉得很庆幸 |
[13:45] | that there’s two people here in the office | 能在公司里找到一个 |
[13:46] | that are going through this at the same time. | 有着相同经历的人 |
[13:48] | Not great, but, uh, you know, convenient. | 不能说是庆幸 应该说很方便 |
[13:52] | Not even convenient. Serendipitous. | 方便也不合适 意外 |
[13:54] | Is that the word I’m looking for? | 就是这个词 |
[13:55] | I just… | 我想 |
[13:55] | I wish that I could stay and talk, | 我也想在这和你聊天 |
[13:57] | but I really have to get to a meeting. | 但我得赶去开会了 |
[13:59] | Oh, okay. | 好 |
[14:00] | Well, maybe later this afternoon? | 要不下午晚些时候再谈谈 |
[14:01] | – Could I come by later this afternoon? – Oh, yeah, great. | -我下午可以来吗 -就这样吧 |
[14:03] | – Let’s, uh, shoot for later. – Fantastic. | -晚些再谈 -太好了 |
[14:04] | I’ll just leave my number on your desk, okay, Cheryl? | 我把联系方式留你桌上 谢莉尔 |
[14:06] | Oh, yeah, that’s fine. | 好 就这样吧 |
[14:08] | Okay. | 再见 |
[14:20] | Welcome to Shakes and Buns, ladies. | 欢迎来到男色可餐俱乐部 女士们 |
[14:22] | We put the “Buff” in “Buffet.” | 你可以饱口福 还能饱眼福 |
[14:23] | What the hell kind of place is this? | 这是个什么鬼地方啊 |
[14:26] | It’s the kind of place that serves penis pops. | 这是个连棒棒糖都做成老二形状的地方 |
[14:28] | Lollicocks. | 来个肉棒糖 |
[14:29] | – No, thank you. – I’m good. | -不 谢了 -我也不要 |
[14:31] | I’ll take ’em. | 都给我 |
[14:33] | Marlene, we don’t have to stay here. | 玛琳 我们还是抓紧走吧 |
[14:35] | I just paid a $5 cover. | 我刚交了五美金服务费 |
[14:38] | I’m not going anywhere until I get something to eat. | 吃不到东西我哪都不去 |
[14:43] | Lady’s got to eat, you know? | 姑娘再美 也靠饭喂 |
[14:50] | The buses are always late. | 公交车晚点是家常便饭 |
[14:52] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:53] | Well, unless they’re early. | 要么就是早到 |
[14:55] | It’s supposed to be here in ten minutes, | 应该是十分钟一班 |
[14:57] | but during the summer, the schedules are, like, really fucked. | 但现在是夏天 时刻表整个乱套了 |
[15:03] | You’re not a bus person, are you? | 你不常坐公交车 对吧 |
[15:05] | Not really. | 不常坐 |
[15:09] | My mom’s out with her friends and my dad’s late, | 老妈跟朋友出去了 老爸急着上班 |
[15:12] | so I’m just checking out my options. | 所以得想办法自力更生啊 |
[15:15] | Are your parents divorced? | 你父母离异了吗 |
[15:17] | Um, no. No, just separated. | 没有 只是分居了 |
[15:20] | Yeah. | 知道了 |
[15:23] | I hate to break it to you, | 真不想打击你 |
[15:24] | but that’s code for they’re never getting back together. | 但分居一般就是离婚的前奏 |
[15:29] | Once they move out, they never really move back in. | 一旦搬出家门 他们就再不回头了 |
[15:35] | Are your parents divorced? | 你父母离婚了吗 |
[15:36] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[15:37] | Now my mom’s marrying some total hand-job. | 我妈正打算嫁一个色鬼 |
[15:41] | That sucks. | 悲剧啊 |
[15:43] | Whatever. | 我才不管 |
[15:44] | They’re so into their new lives, | 他们都忙着过新生活 |
[15:46] | I can basically do whatever I want. | 我反而没人约束 自由自在 |
[15:48] | Look at this. | 瞧这个 |
[15:51] | I’ve had it for six months. | 我都纹了六个月了 |
[15:52] | They haven’t even noticed. | 他们一点没注意到 |
[15:54] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:56] | That’s awesome. | 真不错 |
[15:59] | Yeah, I’ve been thinking about getting a tattoo. | 我一直想纹个纹身 |
[16:02] | I just haven’t thought of a good design yet. | 就是没想好图样设计 |
[16:05] | I want to get a fuku riu dragon right here. | 我还想在这纹一个福瑞龙 |
[16:10] | It’s a Japanese good luck symbol. | 在日本它代表好运 |
[16:14] | Hey, your parents would probably notice that. | 那你父母估计就能注意到了 |
[16:18] | I doubt it. | 那可不一定 |
[16:22] | Give me your arm. | 把你胳膊伸过来 |
[16:24] | What? | 什么 |
[16:25] | Give me your arm. | 把你胳膊伸过来 |
[16:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:31] | Now don’t wash this and see how long | 你别洗它 看看你父母多久 |
[16:35] | it takes your parents to notice. | 才能发现它 |
[16:41] | Hey, you’re a good drawer. | 你画的真好 |
[16:43] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:46] | Where do you live? | 你住在哪 |
[16:48] | Oh, I’m about a mile that way. | 往那边大约一英里 |
[16:50] | Oh, I live that way too. Do you want to walk? | 我也住那边 你想走走吗 |
[16:53] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[17:08] | I’m so annoyed. | 气死我了 |
[17:10] | I was speaking to my future husband over there | 我在吧台那边物色了个丈夫人选 |
[17:12] | at the bar and after about 15 minutes, | 跟他聊了十五分钟 |
[17:15] | the conversation suddenly turned real gay. | 才发现他是个同性恋 |
[17:18] | What? That surprises you? | 怎么 你很惊讶吗 |
[17:21] | He’s wearing velcroed star-spangled shorts. | 他可是穿着尼龙扣短裤 上面还满是星星 |
[17:24] | That’s a costume. | 那是职业装 |
[17:27] | Do not look for your future husband in a strip club. | 别在脱衣舞俱乐部物色你未来丈夫人选 |
[17:31] | I wonder what Sean’s doing right now. | 我想知道肖恩现在在干嘛 |
[17:34] | If you’re gonna play that broken record again, | 如果你还打算老调重弹 |
[17:37] | I’m gonna go get more hot wings. | 那我就去拿辣翅了 |
[17:46] | Cheryl, there you are. | 谢莉尔 你在这啊 |
[17:50] | Cheryl? | 谢莉尔 |
[17:51] | I must have missed your call. | 我肯定是没接到你的电话 |
[17:52] | Do you want to, uh… | 你想要 |
[17:54] | Should we talk on the way to our cars? | 我们在去车库的路上谈谈好吗 |
[17:55] | Shoot, actually, I just remembered | 不好意思 我刚想起来 |
[17:57] | I have to get some office supplies. | 我得去拿一些办公用品 |
[18:00] | Oh, we don’t have to do it today. | 我们不一定非得今天谈 |
[18:03] | Do you want to… Is today not a good day? | 你想…今天不太方便吗 |
[18:04] | Do you want to do it, uh… Do you want to do it tomorrow? | 你想…你想明天谈谈吗 |
[18:07] | We can talk tomorrow. | 我们可以明天再谈 |
[18:08] | There’s not gonna be a good time. | 我哪天都不方便谈 |
[18:14] | Look, I am sorry about your wife. | 我很同情你妻子的遭遇 |
[18:16] | I am. | 真的 |
[18:17] | But what do you want me to talk about? | 但是 你想让我谈些什么 |
[18:19] | How horrendous it was watching the person I love most | 眼睁睁看着这世上我最爱的人 |
[18:23] | in this world fighting for his life, | 为活命苦苦挣扎 |
[18:25] | and knowing that I couldn’t do a damn thing about it? | 而我却无能为力 这有多么的可怕 |
[18:29] | Over the past three years, Gary lost 48 pounds, | 过去的三年里 加里瘦了四十八磅 |
[18:35] | all of his hair, and most of his dignity, and I… | 头发全部脱落 尊严不复存在 而我 |
[18:39] | I just had to sit there, uh, pretending to be normal | 我只能坐在那 假装一切都正常 |
[18:42] | and cheerful while he wasted away week after week. | 眼见他日渐消瘦还强颜欢笑 |
[18:46] | It got so bad, I prayed… | 状况糟到我祈祷 |
[18:50] | I prayed every night that he would just die | 我夜夜祈祷 他能就这么死去 |
[18:52] | and put us both out of our misery. | 让我们俩都从痛苦中解脱 |
[18:55] | And finally, he did… last month, so… | 终于 就在上个月 他死了 |
[19:00] | excuse me for not wanting to talk about it, | 很抱歉我不想谈论这些 |
[19:02] | because that means reliving it and I, um… | 因为那意味着再受一次折磨 而我 |
[19:06] | I barely made it through the first time. | 第一次承受都令我痛不欲生 |
[19:10] | I’m sorry I can’t make you feel better. | 抱歉我没法安慰你 |
[19:32] | Now, this one’s my favorite. | 这小伙是我最看好的 |
[19:35] | You say that about every guy. | 每个男的你都这么说 |
[19:37] | Yeah, but this one really knows his way around a chair. | 但是这家伙绕椅子的步伐太销魂 |
[19:40] | Okay, ladies, everybody having a good time? | 女士们 大家都玩的高兴吗 |
[19:45] | All right, all my single girls, | 所有单身的女孩 |
[19:47] | let me see you put your hands in the air. | 让我看到你们高举的手 |
[19:53] | What? You’re separated. | 怎么了 你分居了啊 |
[19:56] | Hop, skip from a single girl. | 做回单身女孩吧 |
[19:57] | No, I do not want to be a single girl in a strip club. | 我可不想在脱衣舞俱乐部里当个单身女孩 |
[20:00] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[20:01] | Okay, now put your hands under your chairs | 现在把你们的手伸到椅子下面 |
[20:03] | and the lucky girl that finds the key, | 找到那个钥匙的幸运女孩 |
[20:04] | come up and see me. | 上来见我 |
[20:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:11] | Did you see that waiter? | 你看到那个服务生了吗 |
[20:13] | If you give him just a quick glance, | 如果你很快地瞥他一眼 |
[20:15] | he could be Sean’s twin. | 他简直就和肖恩一模一样 |
[20:17] | Do it. Just a quick glance. | 来 很快地瞥一眼 |
[20:19] | Just real quick. Do it. | 很快的 快做 |
[20:20] | Just… just real quick. | 很快很快的那种 |
[20:22] | Rebecca? | 丽贝卡 |
[20:24] | Rebecca, you need to go back to before | 丽贝卡 你需要把心态调整到 |
[20:26] | you were straddling my brother on a washing machine in my house | 你和我弟弟在我家洗衣机上缠绵之前 |
[20:30] | and he was just another homeless man, | 而他只是个普通流浪汉 |
[20:32] | because he is not the guy for you, okay? | 因为他不是你的那个唯一 知道吗 |
[20:35] | And maybe there’s never gonna be a guy, | 也许从来就没有那个唯一 |
[20:38] | so you need to just give up on that version of your life, | 所以放弃你那不切实际的人生观 |
[20:40] | because it’s probably not gonna happen. | 你那幻想不大可能成真 |
[20:43] | And whether you know it or not, | 而且 不管你有没有意识到 |
[20:44] | your life is pretty fucking great. | 你的生活他妈的极其完美 |
[20:47] | You need to realize that before you die | 你得早点意识到这一点 |
[20:49] | and maggots eat your eyeballs out. | 别等到香消玉殒 无可挽回 |
[20:52] | Jesus, Cathy. | 上帝啊 凯西 |
[20:54] | You used to be the optimist. | 你以前挺乐观的啊 |
[20:56] | Hey, you’ve got the key. | 钥匙在你这里 |
[20:58] | She’s got the key! | 钥匙在她这儿 |
[21:00] | We’ve got a winner. | 我们找到大赢家了 |
[21:01] | Oh, my God. I won? | 天啊 我赢了 |
[21:03] | Oh, I don’t believe it. I never win anything. | 真不敢相信 我从没赢过什么 |
[21:05] | I have the key! | 钥匙在我这 |
[21:07] | We have got a treat for you. | 我们有奖品给你 |
[21:10] | Now use your key and open the box. | 用你的钥匙把这盒子打开 |
[21:19] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[21:46] | Oh, just take it off! | 快脱了 赶紧的 |
[22:00] | You must be very proud of yourself. | 你肯定很以自己为傲 |
[22:02] | You’re… you’re… you’re very talented. | 你…你…真的很有天赋 |
[22:04] | You bring a lot of joy to people. | 给人们带来很多欢乐 |
[22:06] | That’s, that’s really nice. | 这真不错 |
[22:16] | Okay, I’m done. Thank you. | 我看够了 谢谢你 |
[22:27] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:28] | I’m sorry I got so dark. | 对不起我太阴暗了 |
[22:30] | I have vodka and caffeine chasing each other around my body. | 全怪酒精和咖啡因在我身体里相互作用 |
[22:34] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[22:35] | I do need to just be quiet for a while, | 我确实需要静一静 |
[22:39] | but don’t steal my hope, Cath. | 但是 别偷走我的希望 凯西 |
[22:41] | It’s all I have. | 我只剩下希望了 |
[23:12] | Marlene, what are you doing? | 玛琳 你在干嘛 |
[23:15] | I can’t find my damn purse. | 我找不到见鬼的钱包了 |
[23:18] | Will you help me find my purse? | 你能帮我找找钱包吗 |
[23:20] | Sure. You know, I… | 当然了 你知道吗 我 |
[23:22] | I think I saw it inside. | 我貌似看到它在屋里 |
[23:26] | Why don’t we go in and look for it? | 我们为什么不进屋找找呢 |
[23:29] | You’re very sweet. | 你真好心 |
[23:33] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[23:37] | It’s Cathy. | 我是凯西 |
[23:43] | Here. | 来 |
[23:57] | When did you get here? | 你什么时候来的 |
[24:01] | I’ve been here all night. | 我在这待了一整夜 |
[24:05] | I made some tea. | 我沏了壶茶 |
[24:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:17] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[24:21] | Of course I do. | 我当然知道 |
[24:22] | I’m not stupid. I just have Alzheimer’s. | 我又不傻 我只是有老年痴呆症 |
[24:26] | Adam said you were confused after my birthday party. | 亚当说你在我生日派对后很迷糊 |
[24:29] | He thought you’d had too much to drink. | 他以为你是喝多了 |
[24:31] | I wish that were my problem. | 我倒希望是喝多了 |
[24:33] | Why didn’t you tell anyone? | 你怎么谁都不告诉 |
[24:35] | You’re a fine one to talk, Miss secret cancer pants. | 你还真有脸说啊 守口如瓶小癌妞 |
[24:40] | I just didn’t see much point in telling people anyway. | 我只是觉得告诉别人无济于事 |
[24:44] | It is what it is. | 事已至此 |
[24:45] | There’s nothing I can do about it. | 我什么也做不了 |
[24:49] | I’m really sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[24:51] | Eh, so I lose a few memories here and there. | 我只是时不时的遗失一些记忆 |
[24:56] | I’m living in the moment. | 但是我活在当下 |
[24:59] | And that’s what counts. | 这才是最重要的 |
[25:18] | I get why you didn’t want to tell me. | 我明白你为什么不想向我坦白了 |
[25:20] | Telling people sucks. | 向人倾诉感觉糟透了 |
[25:22] | I also get why maybe you needed to kick me out | 我也明白你为什么要把我赶出去了 |
[25:25] | so you could be alone for a while. | 这样你才能一个人静一静 |
[25:28] | You and Lenny, I’m not quite clear on that one yet, | 我还不太清楚 你和蓝尼之间的关系 |
[25:31] | but, you know, maybe someday. | 但是你知道吗 也许某天 |
[25:38] | Hey, mom. What’s up, dad? | 嗨 老妈 怎么了 老爸 |
[25:40] | Hey, buddy. | 嗨 伙计 |
[25:41] | Me and the guys are gonna go skateboarding | 我打算跟朋友们去玩滑板 |
[25:43] | and then we’re gonna get something to eat later. | 然后去吃点东西 |
[25:44] | Sure. Just don’t stay out too late. | 可以啊 别太晚回家就行 |
[25:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:47] | And make sure you wash that ridiculous thing off your arm before you go. | 先把你胳膊上那稀奇古怪的图案洗掉再走 |
[25:57] | Is that your suitcase? | 那是你的箱子吗 |
[26:00] | Yep, and my sock drawer. | 对 还有我装袜子的抽屉 |
[26:02] | Are you home? | 你要回家了 |
[26:05] | Yes, I am home. | 对 我要回家 |
[26:14] | I won something last night. | 我昨晚赢了某样东西 |
[26:17] | Congratulations. | 那恭喜你了 |
[26:19] | What’d you win? | 你赢了什么 |
[26:20] | Let’s just say it was something big | 姑且说那玩意个头不小 |
[26:23] | and leave it at that. | 不多说了 |
[26:24] | But there were 200 other sad, desperate women | 但是当时还有两百个绝望悲伤的女人 |
[26:28] | who could have won. | 可能成为赢家 |
[26:29] | Well, I don’t know. I mean, maybe more. | 我也不知道 可能更多 |
[26:31] | It was dark and loud, but… | 当时又黑又吵 但是 |
[26:37] | the point is, I won. | 重点是 我赢了 |
[26:40] | The odds were against me | 我曾经一直走霉运 |
[26:41] | and yet, I was the lady who won. | 可现在 我成了赢家 |
[26:45] | And if something like that could happen, | 如果这种奇迹都能发生 |
[26:48] | then maybe I could beat other odds too. | 或许我也能战胜其他困难 |
[26:51] | So I’m gonna take a chance | 所以我决定搏一次 |
[26:53] | and I’m gonna start with bee sting therapy. | 就从蜂蜇疗法开始 |
[26:56] | Now, I know it is probably a sucker’s bet, | 我知道回报也许远小于付出 |
[27:00] | but it’s something. | 但这并非毫无意义 |
[27:03] | It’s something. | 我在努力 |
[27:06] | I used to be an optimist. | 我以前是乐天派 |
[27:10] | I want to be that again. | 我想找回那种乐观 |
[27:14] | I’m… | 我 |
[27:16] | I’m sorry, Cathy. | 我很抱歉 凯西 |
[27:16] | I don’t really know what you want me to say. | 我真不知道你希望我有何回应 |
[27:18] | I want you to say… | 我希望你说 |
[27:21] | “Go for it. | “大胆去做吧 |
[27:23] | Good luck! | “祝你好运 |
[27:26] | I hope you win!” | “我希望你能赢” |
[27:33] | I hope you win. | 我希望你能赢 |