时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Marlene, what are you doing? | 玛琳 你在干嘛 |
[00:05] | I can’t find my damn purse. | 我找不到见鬼的钱包了 |
[00:07] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[00:09] | Of course I do. I’m not stupid. | 我当然知道 我又不傻 |
[00:10] | I just have Alzheimer’s. | 我只是有老年痴呆症 |
[00:12] | I get why you didn’t want to tell me. | 我明白你为什么不想向我坦白了 |
[00:13] | Telling people sucks. | 向人倾诉感觉糟透了 |
[00:14] | – Are you home? – I am home. | -你要回家了 -我要回家 |
[00:16] | Don’t move here for me. | 别为我搬过来 |
[00:18] | God, you are such a cunt! | 妈的 你真他妈贱逼一个啊 |
[00:21] | I used to be an optimist, so I’m gonna start | 我以前是乐天派 我就要从 |
[00:24] | with bee sting therapy. | 蜂蛰疗法开始 |
[00:26] | I hope you win. | 我希望你能赢 |
[01:32] | – Paul? – Oh, hi. | -保罗 -早 |
[01:36] | You’re up. | 你醒了 |
[01:37] | Good morning. You want some breakfast? | 早上好 吃早餐吗 |
[01:38] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么呢 |
[01:40] | Just mopping, cleaning. | 拖地呀 打扫呀 |
[01:42] | You know, general germ removal. | 卫生大扫除嘛 |
[01:43] | Who knows how much bacteria has accumulated on these floors | 天知道这地板上积了多少细菌 |
[01:47] | and seeped into the soles of your feet since we moved in? | 我们搬进来后又有多少钻进你脚底板 |
[01:49] | Fungal mold spores cause cancer. Google it. | 真菌孢子能致癌 不信谷歌之 |
[01:53] | Gonna clean this place from top to bottom. | 我要把这地方从头到脚扫一遍 |
[01:55] | Is this your handiwork? | 这是你亲手做的吗 |
[01:57] | Yes. It’s called a vision board. | 对啊 这个叫愿望板 |
[01:59] | I read online that when patients wake up to good thoughts, | 我看网上说 病人醒来时有个好念想 |
[02:02] | it helps with their healing. | 有助于治病 |
[02:03] | I’m ambulatory. | 我又不是卧床 |
[02:05] | I can still clean floors. | 拖拖地板我还干得动 |
[02:06] | You can’t do it all. | 那也不能什么都干 |
[02:09] | I’m going to be your “Cancierge.” | 以后我就是你的”守癌人” |
[02:13] | Catchy, right? | 好记吧 |
[02:15] | You’re not getting rid of me. | 你可别想逃开我的手掌心 |
[02:17] | I might sleep on the couch, | 我现在是只能睡沙发 |
[02:18] | but I’m not letting you do this alone. | 但我也不能让你一个人干活 |
[02:19] | We don’t have a couch anymore, remember? | 咱们已经没沙发了 你忘了吗 |
[02:22] | I invite you to proceed downstairs | 现在请你移步楼下 |
[02:23] | to view your new one! | 看一看新沙发 |
[02:27] | – You bought a new couch? – Yeah. | -你买新沙发了 -没错 |
[02:29] | No! | 不是吧 |
[02:30] | In a delightful color called “Montana moss.” | 是讨喜的蒙大拿苔藓色 |
[02:33] | It arrived this A.M. | 今儿早上刚到的 |
[02:34] | I wanted to pick out the new couch, Paul. | 保罗 我还想自己选新沙发呢 |
[02:37] | Well, now you don’t have to. | 现在你不用操心了 |
[02:38] | And I would be so more than happy | 你要是让我陪你去加拿大 |
[02:40] | to accompany you up to Canada to see the bee guy. | 找那个养蜂人我就心满意足了 |
[02:42] | Now, I know you’ve asked your doctor, | 我知道你已经找了你的医生 |
[02:44] | but I ask you, | 但你想想 |
[02:44] | is he as much fun in a car as I am? | 长路漫漫 他哪能有我逗趣呀 |
[02:47] | He wants to come because he’s a doctor | 他要去是因为他是医生 |
[02:48] | and this is a procedure. | 而这是一次治疗 |
[02:50] | Yeah, and I want to go because I’m your husband. | 我知道 但我想去是因为我是你老公 |
[02:55] | Look, I know you want to help. | 我知道你想帮我 |
[02:56] | Thank you. | 我心领了 |
[02:58] | But I have things handled, okay? | 但我自己处理的来 知道吗 |
[03:00] | Don’t get all possessive of your cancer, Cathy. | 生病不要一个人扛 凯西 |
[03:04] | I’ve seen the x-rays. There’s plenty to go around. | 我看过X光片 还有机会好转 |
[03:07] | I got this. | 我能行 |
[03:09] | We got this. | 是我们能行 |
[03:13] | Today we are tackling the thank you note. | 今天我们来学写感谢信 |
[03:17] | People don’t write them anymore. | 现在人们都不写了 |
[03:18] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:20] | Because they think a smiley face | 因为他们以为电子邮件里 |
[03:21] | on an e-mail says it all. | 一个笑脸就能表达谢意 |
[03:23] | Well, it doesn’t. | 但事实并非如此 |
[03:26] | So stop emoticonning and start emoting. | 所以别再用那些情感符号 动点儿真感情 |
[03:29] | It’s almost the end of summer here, people. | 夏天已经进入尾声了 |
[03:31] | I’d like to think that I’ve taught you something, | 我想切实教你们点儿东西 |
[03:33] | so maybe you won’t grow up to be thankless shits. | 这样你们就不会变成忘恩负义的人渣 |
[03:37] | So write to someone… anyone… and thank them. | 给别人写信 谁都行 跟他们说谢谢 |
[03:40] | I’ve given you my good stationery, so don’t waste it. | 我把那么好的信纸都给你们了 可别浪费掉 |
[03:45] | Jasper. | 贾斯帕 说吧 |
[03:46] | Yeah, how do we send them? | 那信怎么寄呢 |
[03:48] | You go to the post office. | 当然是去邮局 |
[03:49] | You buy stamps. | 买邮票 |
[03:53] | Oh, Jesus. | 老天呀 |
[03:55] | We’ll cover that on Friday. | 这个周五再说吧 |
[03:59] | So your dad moved back in, huh? | 你老爸搬回来了是吧 |
[04:01] | Yeah. It’s all good. | 对啊 都和好了 |
[04:03] | Yeah, a real soap opera, your family. | 你们家可真够一台大戏了 |
[04:05] | Hey, hey, you don’t… Just take it easy with that thing. | 你可别…动这东西得小心点儿 |
[04:10] | That cuckoo clock is valuable. | 这布谷鸟钟可金贵着呢 |
[04:11] | You’re the one who’s cuckoo. | 是你一惊一乍的 |
[04:12] | This thing is trash. | 这玩意就是破烂 |
[04:14] | Yeah, well, it’s valuable to me. | 是破点儿 但对我来说金贵 |
[04:16] | Growing up, when that clock hit 5 A.M. | 我小时候 那钟报时五点 |
[04:19] | And that red cardinal came out, | 那小红雀一蹦出来 |
[04:21] | we knew we had to hightail it to school | 我们就知道得狂奔去学校 |
[04:23] | before our father tanned our hides. | 不然老爸会剥了我们的皮 |
[04:26] | What, you had to go to school at 5:00? | 什么 你们五点就要上学 |
[04:28] | That’s lame. | 太苦逼了 |
[04:30] | We weren’t good-for-nothings like you kids these days. | 我们那会儿可不像你们现在一样四体不勤 |
[04:33] | Did you ride horses to school too? | 你们还要骑马上学吗 |
[04:41] | Dinner’s almost ready! | 晚餐马上就好 |
[04:43] | Okay, laundry? | 好吧 洗完衣服了 |
[04:47] | Now you’re going overboard. | 你这是干上瘾了啊 |
[04:48] | Am I? Or have I merely found my niche? | 是吗 或者说我刚找准家庭妇男的定位 |
[04:51] | Look at me work around those pleats, huh? | 看我把这些褶熨得多服帖 |
[04:53] | I like doing laundry, Paul. | 保罗 我喜欢洗衣服 |
[04:54] | Laundry’s my thing. | 洗衣服是我的活 |
[04:55] | You know, the measuring, the smells. | 洗衣服时的那个节奏 那个味道 |
[04:57] | It helps me relax. | 能让我放松 |
[04:58] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[04:59] | I feel like I’m in a zen fucking garden now. | 我感觉自己像是在禅意花园里 |
[05:01] | It’s fantastic. | 太美了 |
[05:02] | Don’t take laundry from me, Paul. | 别把洗衣服的活也抢走 保罗 |
[05:04] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[05:10] | And you’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[05:12] | Hey, buddy, Paul’s paella in 20 minutes. | 伙计 保罗秘制海鲜炒饭二十分钟就好 |
[05:15] | I’m not eating dad’s crap. It smells. | 我才不吃老爸做的垃圾 难闻死了 |
[05:18] | I’m going to Brent’s. | 我要去布伦特家 |
[05:25] | Who are you texting there? | 你这是给谁发短信呢 |
[05:28] | No one. | 没谁 |
[05:29] | Well, maybe I should get my phone. | 或许我应该拿上手机 |
[05:30] | I could go in the other room, | 到别的屋去 |
[05:31] | we could text each other. | 咱俩可以互相发 |
[05:38] | It’s a girl. | 是个女孩吧 |
[05:42] | There’s a cat on fire outside. | 外面有只猫被烧着了 |
[05:44] | – What? – Made you look. | -什么 -逗你玩的 |
[05:47] | We’re going to the movies after dinner, okay? | 我们吃完晚饭要去看电影 行不 |
[05:49] | Did you finish your chores with Marlene? | 你帮玛琳把活干完了吗 |
[05:51] | Yeah. | 干完了 |
[05:52] | Okay then. | 那就好 |
[05:54] | Oh, uh, that’s Trevor and Brent. | 特雷弗和布伦特叫我了 |
[05:56] | See you, mom. | 再见 老妈 |
[05:58] | Oh, Adam, you left your phone. | 亚当 你手机忘拿了 |
[06:20] | It’s Mia. Leave a message. | 我是米雅 请留言 |
[06:23] | Mia, hi. | 米雅 你好 |
[06:27] | Adam’s mom. | 我是亚当的妈妈 |
[06:28] | I know this is a little unorthodox. | 我知道这样或许不合适 |
[06:34] | You don’t know me, I don’t know who you are | 你不认识我 我也不认识你 |
[06:37] | or what your intentions are with my son, | 也不知道你对我儿子有没有意思 |
[06:40] | but I’m not stupid. | 可我这个当妈的一点不傻 |
[06:45] | He giggled. | 他刚才咯咯笑了 |
[06:47] | So, inferences made. | 所以 我估摸着 |
[06:52] | He likes you. | 他喜欢上你了 |
[06:53] | And I knew it was only a matter of time | 我知道你俩成为男女朋友 |
[06:55] | before the whole girlfriend thing happened. | 肯定是早晚的事 |
[06:57] | So, um, here’s the thing. | 我要说的是 |
[07:03] | He’s sweet. | 他是个好孩子 |
[07:06] | And he’s kinda shy. | 而且有点害羞 |
[07:10] | It takes him a while to talk about what he’s feeling | 要让他吐露情感 表明心迹 |
[07:15] | and what he’s thinking, so help him out. | 恐怕得好长时间 你要鼓励他 |
[07:20] | And don’t make him feel bad if he doesn’t make as much money | 如果他以后赚钱没你多 |
[07:23] | as you, or if he isn’t the one at the dinner parties | 也不会在大家聚餐时逗乐 |
[07:26] | that makes everyone laugh. | 请体谅他 |
[07:31] | And don’t you dare break his heart. | 千万不要伤了他的心 |
[07:34] | Okay. That’s it. | 好了 我就说这些 |
[07:37] | Um, look forward to meeting somed… | 希望能早日见到… |
[07:41] | Hey, mom, um, I forgot my phone. | 妈 我手机忘拿了 |
[07:43] | Yes, you did. | 可不是 |
[07:54] | So, are you a sweet, savory, | 你喜欢吃甜的 咸的 |
[07:56] | or meat stick snacker? | 还是烧烤味的 |
[07:58] | I pegged you for savory. | 我猜你喜欢咸的 |
[07:59] | You pegged correct. | 猜对了 |
[08:01] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[08:04] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你陪我来 |
[08:07] | Well, I couldn’t let you do this alone. | 我不能让你一个人去呀 |
[08:09] | You’re my patient. | 你可是我的病人 |
[08:10] | And plus, admit it, | 还有 老实承认吧 |
[08:11] | you’ve always wanted to go to Canada. | 你一直都想去加拿大 |
[08:13] | I’ve been. | 我去过 |
[08:15] | Look, I know I promised to keep a positive attitude | 我知道自己之前保证过要对蜂蜇疗法 |
[08:17] | about this bee sting therapy, | 持积极态度 |
[08:19] | but I gotta tell you, it sounds really out there. | 但我要告诉你 这听起来真不大靠谱 |
[08:21] | Hey, if someone can be cured by a few bee stings, | 如果有人被蜜蜂蜇几下就能痊愈 |
[08:24] | why shouldn’t that someone be me? | 为什么不可能是我呢 |
[08:26] | I don’t trust anybody called “The bee man.” | 我才不信什么”蜂人”呢 |
[08:27] | He’s the go-to guy. | 他是我的救命稻草 |
[08:29] | He’s got a website that plays let it be | 他的网站上还播放《顺其自然》 |
[08:31] | with the sound of bees buzzing in the background. | 配上嗡嗡的蜂鸣声当背景 |
[08:35] | So, what did Julie say when you told her you were going abroad | 那你告诉朱莉你要跟别的女人出国办事时 |
[08:37] | with another woman? | 她什么反应 |
[08:39] | I didn’t tell her. | 我没有告诉她 |
[08:43] | We’re kind of not talking right now. | 我们现在不怎么说话了 |
[08:44] | No. Todd! | 不是吧 陶德 |
[08:47] | Did you have a fight? | 你们吵架了吗 |
[08:48] | Don’t fight. Life’s too short. | 千万别吵架 人生苦短 |
[08:51] | You know that. You better know that. | 你知道的 你最好清楚 |
[08:53] | It’s your job. | 你干的就是这个 |
[08:55] | I proposed. | 我求婚了 |
[08:57] | She said she needed to think about it. | 她说她要考虑一下 |
[08:59] | Julie’s a jerk. | 朱莉真是个傻姑娘 |
[09:01] | I mean, come on, what’s to think about? | 拜托 还考虑什么 |
[09:04] | You’re a smart, funny, handsome doctor. | 你是个聪明风趣又帅气的医生 |
[09:08] | Come on, you’re a catch! | 别灰心 你很抢手的 |
[09:10] | – You’re sweet. – No, I’m right. | -你真会说话 -我说的是实话 |
[09:14] | So, what now? | 那现在怎么办 |
[09:18] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[09:20] | I don’t know what’s gonna happen. | 我不知道接下来会怎样 |
[09:22] | I guess we’re both looking for answers in Canada, huh? | 我想我俩都要去加拿大寻找答案 是吧 |
[09:31] | Jesus, how many Agatha Christies | 天啊 这么多本阿加莎·克里斯蒂的书 |
[09:33] | does one person need? | 怎么看得过来 |
[09:34] | The butler on the train did it. | 凶手就是火车上的男管家 |
[09:36] | You’re welcome! | 不用客气 |
[09:37] | You better not have rearranged my reader’s digests. | 你最好别弄乱我读者文摘的顺序 |
[09:39] | Do you have any high quality reading material, Marlene? | 你这就没有本上档次的书吗 玛琳 |
[09:43] | Any? | 一本也好呀 |
[09:44] | I said you could borrow a book, not make fun. | 我只是答应你借书 别在这说三道四 |
[09:46] | Why don’t you just go to a library? | 你直接去图书馆不就行了 |
[09:48] | Because, my young lad, | 小伙子 那是因为 |
[09:49] | a library card is just the tip of the identity iceberg. | 借书证是身份系统的冰山一角 |
[09:52] | Next thing you know, | 接下来 |
[09:52] | they’re tracking you through the fillings in your teeth. | 他们就会利用蛛丝马迹追踪你 |
[09:54] | Aha! Bingo. Flannery O’Connor. | 找到了 弗兰纳里·欧康纳 |
[09:58] | Queen of the southern gothic absurd. | 南方哥特式荒诞小说女王 |
[10:00] | High comedy, low tragedy, and the grotesque. | 高雅喜剧 低俗悲剧 还有荒诞剧 |
[10:03] | Kinda like my life, actually. | 其实就是我生活的写照 |
[10:05] | That crazy-ass Rebecca did a number on my psyche. | 丽贝卡那疯婆子蓄意伤害我感情 |
[10:08] | I just want to sit quietly and read until my anxiety passes. | 我只想安安静静坐着读会书 消消气 |
[10:11] | – May I? – Let me put my name in it. | -能借吗 -我得写个名字 |
[10:16] | Women are insane. | 女人都是疯子 |
[10:18] | My mom called this girl I was texting | 我妈打给我之前联系的女生 |
[10:19] | and left this really long message. | 留了好长一条短讯 |
[10:21] | – Who does that? – Crazy Cath. | -谁会这样做 -你那疯老妈呗 |
[10:23] | Mia won’t even tell me what she said. | 米雅却不肯告诉我她说了什么 |
[10:24] | That’s how weird it was. | 我就纳了闷儿了 |
[10:26] | And I was getting close to making my move. | 我本来都要和她进一步发展了 |
[10:30] | Your own mom cock-blocked you. | 你亲娘竟然挡你”性福” |
[10:32] | No kidding. Now I’m screwed. | 没骗你 我是惨到家了 |
[10:35] | I’m gonna give you some advice, my naive nephew. | 我的傻外甥 听舅舅支你两招 |
[10:38] | You wanna make your way with the lady, | 要把这姑娘把到手 |
[10:39] | you gotta stop with the “Sexting” and the e-mails. | 别整天发带色的短信邮件 |
[10:42] | You gotta go back to face to face. | 还是要面对面讲清楚 |
[10:45] | Conversation. | 真心交谈 |
[10:47] | And say the magic words. | 然后祭出这句把妹神句 |
[10:48] | You got crap on your feet. | 你脚上有大便 |
[10:50] | No, Marlene. | 不是 玛琳 |
[10:51] | The other magic words: “Would you mind if…” | 是另一句神句 “你介意…” |
[10:55] | Would you mind if what? | 你介意…什么啊 |
[10:57] | Anything! | 什么都行 |
[10:57] | You put anything after that, she’s putty in your hands. | 后面随便加个什么 她就乖乖束手就擒了 |
[11:01] | “Would you mind if I kissed you?” | “你介意我吻你吗” |
[11:03] | “Would you mind if I touched your privates?” | “你介意我摸你的私处吗” |
[11:05] | – Hey! – It works. Trust me. | -说什么呢 -真管用的 相信我 |
[11:06] | Would you mind getting out of here | 你介意赶紧给我出去吗 |
[11:08] | so he can go back to work? | 好让他继续干活 |
[11:10] | My pleasure, Marlene. You see that? | 乐意之至 玛琳 看见效果没 |
[11:27] | Okay. | 到了 |
[11:30] | Well, even I expected something a little more… | 我还以为这地方应该更… |
[11:33] | Clean? Legal? Medically ethical? | 卫生 合法 还是合医理 |
[11:35] | Pick any one of those. | 哪个他都缺 |
[11:37] | Buzz off. | 少嗡嗡 |
[11:39] | Funny. | 幽默 |
[11:43] | I like this style. | 我喜欢这风格 |
[11:47] | It’s… it’s very calming. | 让人…心情很平静 |
[11:50] | This is not an exam room. | 这哪算得上检查室 |
[11:53] | They don’t even have hand sanitizer. | 连消毒洗手液都没有 |
[11:58] | Ah, you must be Cathy. | 你肯定就是凯西吧 |
[12:00] | Yes, hi. Cathy Jamison. | 是我 你好 我是凯西·贾米森 |
[12:03] | It is so nice to meet you. | 幸会幸会 |
[12:05] | And you, Cathy. | 我也是 凯西 |
[12:06] | Bee man. Mr. Bee man. Dr. Bee man. | 蜂人 蜂人先生 蜂人医生 |
[12:10] | No, no, no, no. Just call me B.M. | 不 不 不 叫我疯人就好 |
[12:13] | That’s a little joke. | 开个玩笑而已 |
[12:14] | Oh, sorry. Occupational hazard. | 不好意思 这是防护服 |
[12:17] | And you must be Mr. Jamison. | 您应该是贾米森先生吧 |
[12:20] | Uh, no. Dr. Todd Mauer. | 不 我是陶德·缪尔医生 |
[12:22] | I’m Cathy’s oncologist. | 我是凯西的肿瘤医师 |
[12:23] | May I ask you where you got your degree? | 我能问一下你的学位是哪里取得的吗 |
[12:25] | Yes. | 能 |
[12:27] | What just happened? | 这是咋回事 |
[12:30] | You’re going to meet Cathy. | 你一定得见见凯西 |
[12:33] | And this is Cathy. | 这位是凯西 |
[12:35] | Oh, look at that. | 你看看 |
[12:37] | Aren’t they beautiful? | 它们多漂亮啊 |
[12:38] | Now, how exactly does this work? | 这疗法到底怎么个过程 |
[12:40] | Well, I place the bees on the skin near sites of infection. | 我把蜜蜂放置在感染灶附近 |
[12:43] | The venom activates an immune response | 毒液能够激活免疫应答 |
[12:45] | that quite literally eradicates disease. | 彻底根除病毒 |
[12:48] | Oh, yes. Bees are nature’s little wizards. | 蜜蜂是自然的小巫师 |
[12:51] | Yes, all of that is, of course, conjecture. | 这些纯粹都是臆想 |
[12:55] | Oh, you MDs really piss me off. | 你们这些医学博士真讨人嫌 |
[12:58] | He’s just anxious. For me. | 他只是为我心急 |
[13:00] | You’re not allergic to bees, are you? | 你对蜜蜂不过敏吧 |
[13:01] | No, sir. | 不过敏 先生 |
[13:02] | And what about you, doctor? | 你呢 医生 |
[13:04] | – Are you allergic? – No. | -你过敏吗 -不 |
[13:05] | Just anti-bee in general, then. | 那就是不喜欢蜜蜂咯 |
[13:08] | No, that’s not… | 也不是… |
[13:09] | What part of Ireland are you from? | 你是爱尔兰哪里人 |
[13:11] | Who told you I was Irish? | 谁说我是爱尔兰人 |
[13:15] | Let’s have you lying down here, please, Cathy. | 你躺在这里吧 凯西 |
[13:18] | Uh, now, do we have some paper or something that we could… | 你这有纸什么的吗 |
[13:20] | – Todd. – Todd. | -陶德 -陶德 |
[13:28] | Dude, you suck at this! | 兄弟 你真是臭手 |
[13:30] | Uh, really? | 你确定 |
[13:31] | Shit! | 该死 |
[13:33] | Wait, I didn’t even see you! | 我根本没看见你 |
[13:35] | Well, that’s just how I do’s it. | 这就是我的绝招 |
[13:36] | Best out of three? | 三局定输赢 |
[13:39] | Um, I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[13:42] | I’m meeting my dad and his new girlfriend | 我得去见我老爹和他新女友 |
[13:44] | for dinner tonight. | 一起吃晚餐 |
[13:45] | Yeah, she’s, like, 15, | 她没比我大多少 |
[13:47] | and has these really ratty hair extensions. | 还戴个邋遢的假发 |
[13:49] | – Fun. – Yeah. | -真有意思 -对啊 |
[13:51] | Hey, uh, sorry again about my freak mom. | 再跟你说声对不起 我妈总出洋相 |
[13:53] | Hey, at least she gives a shit about you. | 别这么说 至少她还关心你 |
[13:55] | My mom’s too busy fighting my dad for money | 我老妈整天忙着跟我爸争家产 |
[13:57] | to ever call up a guy and tell him I’m shy. | 哪有空跟男孩子说我害羞 |
[14:00] | Jesus. She said that? | 天啊 她说我害羞 |
[14:01] | Whatever. It’s cool. | 那有啥 没事啊 |
[14:03] | – I’m totally not shy. – Okay. | -我才不害羞 -那好吧 |
[14:05] | I’m not. | 我不害羞 |
[14:09] | – Text me later. – Okay. | -短信联系 -没问题 |
[14:11] | Oh, um, hey. | 对了 |
[14:14] | Would you mind if I did something? | 你介不介意我… |
[14:19] | Do what? | 干什么 |
[14:20] | You know, would you mind | 你介不介意 |
[14:22] | if the something I did was with you? | 我和你一起做些什么 |
[14:29] | Never mind. I’ll just text you later. | 算了 随后发短信吧 |
[14:38] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[14:56] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧 |
[14:58] | I’m saying a quiet thank you to the bees. | 我在向这些蜜蜂默默地致谢 |
[15:01] | Oh, oh, of course. | 对哦 |
[15:03] | No other living being dies so selflessly | 没有哪一种生物能这样无私地 |
[15:06] | to give life to others. | 为别人献出生命 |
[15:07] | We can learn so much from the bee, | 我们能从蜜蜂身上学到很多 |
[15:11] | if only we would listen. | 只要我们善于倾听 |
[15:13] | Okay! Let’s get this party started. | 行了 开始吧 |
[15:17] | Now, ooh, yes, here’s a happy bee. | 这是只快乐的小蜜蜂哦 |
[15:20] | At least it’s a Canadian bee. | 至少这是只加拿大蜜蜂 |
[15:21] | It’ll be polite when it stings. | 咬人的时候应该会轻点儿 |
[15:22] | And with the exchange rate, | 再拿汇率一算 |
[15:23] | they’ll be 20% less painful than an American bee. | 痛感会比美国蜜蜂轻百分之二十 |
[15:26] | Ooh, Canadian bee humor. That’s a new one. | 拿加拿大蜜蜂开涮 倒挺新鲜 |
[15:29] | I am placing it on your skin. | 我要把蜜蜂放在你皮肤上 |
[15:33] | Shit! Shit, that hurt! | 妈的 妈的 真疼 |
[15:38] | Loose bee. Loose bee. | 蜜蜂跑了 跑了 |
[15:43] | Ah, ah, Jesus! It’s after me! | 真受不了 朝我来了 |
[15:45] | Relax, relax. Be careful. | 放松 放松 小心点 |
[15:46] | Careful. | 小心点 |
[15:49] | Ha! Got it! Yes! | 正好 踩死了 |
[15:57] | I’ll just be outside. | 我还是出去待会吧 |
[15:59] | Yes, that’s a very good idea, doctor. | 没错 医生 这样最好 |
[16:15] | Jesus! Marlene. | 天啊 玛琳 |
[16:17] | I’m a big guy. | 我这么肥的人 |
[16:18] | My heart could explode at any second. | 这颗小心脏随时可能报废 |
[16:20] | What’s with all the home improvements? | 我来看你这装修得怎样了 |
[16:23] | I saw you up on the roof, replacing shingles this morning. | 大清早就看见你跑屋顶上换木瓦了 |
[16:28] | You gonna sell this place or something? | 你要卖房子还是 |
[16:30] | No, no, no. I promised Cathy that I’d repaint this frame, | 哪有 我早就答应凯西把窗框重刷一下 |
[16:33] | and I never did. | 结果现在才弄 |
[16:34] | Well, when Eddie was sick, | 艾迪病倒的时候 |
[16:35] | I just kept making banana bread. | 我不停地做香蕉面包 |
[16:39] | Turns out, Eddie hated bananas. | 结果呢 艾迪不喜欢香蕉 |
[16:42] | I wasn’t doing it for him, I was doing it for me. | 我做面包不是为他 而是为我自己 |
[16:44] | One day, he took a whole banana bread, | 有一天 他把一整块香蕉面包 |
[16:46] | just threw it against a wall. | 扔到墙上 |
[16:48] | Cancer makes people very cranky. | 癌症会把人变暴躁 |
[16:49] | Can you blame them? | 能怪他们吗 |
[16:51] | Yes, I can. | 当然能了 |
[16:52] | For a few months now, | 刚开始几个月 |
[16:53] | you’re the only who’s known that she was sick. | 只有你一个人知道她得病了 |
[16:55] | Well, now I know too, and I love her, | 现在我也知道了 我爱她 |
[16:57] | and I want to help. | 所以想尽力帮她 |
[16:58] | And what the hell is wrong with letting me help? | 我想帮她有什么不对吗 |
[17:00] | Ever occur to you | 你有没有想过 |
[17:01] | she doesn’t want to feel like a burden? | 她只是不想成为你的负担 |
[17:04] | She’s my wife. | 她是我妻子 |
[17:05] | You know, sickness, health, | 生老病死 不离不弃 |
[17:07] | I buy into that crap. | 这鬼话我还真信了 |
[17:08] | No one likes to feel helpless. | 谁都不想感觉无助 |
[17:09] | She’s not helpless. She’s got me. | 她没有无助 她还有我 |
[17:10] | It’s still her own journey. | 那也是她自己的路 |
[17:14] | Don’t hog the road. | 别挡道 |
[17:21] | So, what’d I miss? | 什么情况 |
[17:22] | 20 more bees, | 又放了二十只蜜蜂 |
[17:24] | a discussion about condo prices in lower Canada, | 还讨论了下魁北克房价 |
[17:27] | and the realization that the bee man is probably a lunatic. | 然后我意识到蜂人很可能真的疯了 |
[17:31] | I wanted to support you. | 我本想帮你来着 |
[17:32] | You’re drinking gin with me at 3:00 in the afternoon. | 才下午三点 你就陪我喝杜松子酒 |
[17:35] | That is support. | 这就算帮我 |
[17:36] | God, my back is a throbbing mess. | 我后背一阵阵抽痛 |
[17:39] | But hey, at least I got away with a parting gift. | 不过至少我得了份临别礼物 |
[17:43] | You were really brave. | 你真的很勇敢 |
[17:45] | I was desperate. | 求生心切呀 |
[17:48] | Oh, I used to love getting my tarot cards read | 我二十几岁的时候 |
[17:50] | when I was in my 20s. | 老是玩塔罗牌 |
[17:51] | I’ve been to a psychic or two in my day, as well. | 我还找过一两次巫师 |
[17:54] | And I’m not ashamed to admit it. | 而且我也不觉得承认了有多丢人 |
[17:56] | You are very gullible. | 你太好骗了 |
[17:58] | No, Todd, I am open. | 不对 陶德 这是思想开放 |
[18:01] | I am open. | 我思想开放 |
[18:04] | But, you know, you get older | 不过我告诉你 人越老 |
[18:05] | and you just don’t want to hear the bad things. | 就越不想听到不利的事 |
[18:07] | So you stop going. | 所以就不敢算命了 |
[18:08] | But hey, now I know the bad stuff. | 可现在不利的事我已经知道了 |
[18:11] | I’m full of Canadian venom | 我浑身都是加拿大蜜蜂的毒液 |
[18:14] | and I’m gonna have my cards done. | 这下塔罗牌我非玩不可 |
[18:15] | – Can I get my cards done? – Sure. | -我能玩塔罗牌吗 -当然 |
[18:20] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[18:23] | Pick seven. | 选七张 |
[18:29] | Well, well. Yeah. | 看看这是谁 |
[18:33] | Looking good, Cathy. | 凯西 气色不错呀 |
[18:36] | Todd. | 陶德 |
[18:40] | Ian. | 伊安 |
[18:42] | Got to admit, he’s kinda sexy. | 不得不说 这人很性感 |
[18:45] | He’s a nutcase. | 就是一神经病 |
[18:47] | Hmm, you’re surrounded with love. | 你身在恋爱之中 |
[18:49] | Try not to ease in with the good stuff. | 千万不要被糖衣炮弹打倒 |
[18:51] | Ah, you two are very happy together. | 你俩在一起很快乐哦 |
[18:55] | Oh, no, we’re not… We’re not a couple. | 不 不…我们不是情侣 |
[18:57] | – No. – Okay. | -不 -好吧 |
[19:01] | Hmm, what’s with the frown? | 这皱眉是什么意思 |
[19:03] | See, here it comes. Bring on the bad. | 我就说嘛 放马过来吧 |
[19:06] | Well, you know, it’s really how you interpret it. | 这就看你怎么理解了 |
[19:09] | You can’t scare me. | 你吓不倒我 |
[19:11] | Someone close to you is going to die. | 你身边有人快要死了 |
[19:18] | No shit. | 说得倒不假 |
[19:20] | It’s not funny. | 一点不好玩 |
[19:21] | Oh, it kinda is. You know, you’re very good. | 很好玩哦 你还真有两下子 |
[19:27] | Oh, Todd. | 陶德 |
[19:32] | Todd. | 陶德 |
[19:34] | You shouldn’t joke so much about dying. | 你不应该老是拿死亡开玩笑 |
[19:36] | Well, it’s better than crawling into bed | 那总比整天赖在床上 |
[19:39] | with a fifth of vodka and crying my way to my grave. | 借酒浇愁 混吃等死好吧 |
[19:42] | Todd, we need to be more realistic here. | 陶德 我们得现实一点 |
[19:44] | Those 23 bees are probably not saving my life. | 二十三只蜜蜂可能救不了我的命 |
[19:47] | You’re my doctor. You know how this story ends. | 你是我的医生 这种病的后果你最清楚 |
[19:49] | I’m going to die. | 我是必死无疑 |
[19:50] | I don’t want to go there, okay? | 我不想你死 知道吗 |
[19:52] | Don’t they teach you some sort of technique | 你当医生的就没有学过 |
[19:55] | to make you stop caring or something? | 不要这么感情用事吗 |
[19:59] | You’re an oncologist, | 你是个肿瘤医师 |
[20:00] | and if you have trouble with this death stuff, | 如果你自己都过不了死亡这一关 |
[20:02] | then you probably should have gone into feet | 那你就应该去研究脚病 |
[20:05] | or ears or something, because trust me, | 或者耳病 因为我告诉你 |
[20:07] | I’m not gonna be the only one to kick the bucket. | 要翘辫子的远不止我一个 |
[20:10] | But you’d be my first. | 可你是我的第一个 |
[20:12] | Oh, am I gonna pop your death cherry? | 我将会是你经手的”处女死”吗 |
[20:15] | I gotta get some air. | 我得去透透气 |
[20:19] | Yes! Come on! Dance with me! | 对头 来吧 跳支舞 |
[20:22] | Come on, come on, come on. | 快 来啊美女 |
[20:29] | Get the hell out of my house. | 赶紧给我滚出去 |
[20:31] | Yeah, trust me, I’d love to. | 我跟你说实话 求之不得 |
[20:34] | Get off the ladder and get out! | 从梯子上下来 滚出去 |
[20:38] | I said get out of my house or I’ll blow your brains out! | 我说了 滚出我家 否则我打爆你脑袋 |
[20:44] | Come on, Marlene. | 拜托 玛琳 |
[20:45] | Stop… stop joking around. | 别…别开这种玩笑 |
[20:47] | How do you know my name? | 你怎么知道我名字 |
[20:49] | It’s me, Adam. | 是我 亚当 |
[20:52] | If you took anything out of this house, | 你要是敢拿这里任何东西 |
[20:54] | I’ll have you thrown in jail. | 我就把你送进大牢 |
[20:56] | It’s okay. It’s fine. I’m leaving. | 别着急 没事 我这就走 |
[21:20] | I love this place. | 我喜欢这地方 |
[21:22] | I chill out after a long, hard day’s work. | 能让我辛苦一天后得以放松 |
[21:24] | Tgif, baby! | 快乐星期五哦 宝贝 |
[21:28] | Except, it’s Tuesday. | 不过今天是星期二 |
[21:30] | But it’s Friday somewhere. | 肯定有地方是星期五 |
[21:32] | Actually, I d… I don’t think it is. | 这个我不敢苟同 |
[21:33] | Oh, you’re sassy. I love sassy. | 你可真放肆 我就喜欢放肆的女人 |
[21:38] | Okay. Easy there, bee man. | 把手拿开 蜂人 |
[21:44] | May I cut in? | 能换我来吗 |
[21:45] | I don’t swing that way, fella. | 兄弟 我不好那口儿 |
[21:47] | Yeah, I meant her. | 我是说她 |
[21:52] | I’ll be right over there if you need me. | 我就在那边 随时找我 |
[22:01] | – Thanks for the rescue. – No problem. | -谢谢你来救我 -不用谢 |
[22:05] | We can… we can stop dancing if you want. | 你要是不想跳 我们就不跳了 |
[22:07] | No, I actually like this song. | 别呀 其实我挺喜欢这支曲子 |
[22:10] | I’m sorry I was so blunt before. | 我之前那么口无摭拦 对不起 |
[22:13] | Cancer makes you crazy honest. | 这癌症害得我尽讲大实话 |
[22:15] | It’s okay. You’re right. | 没事 你说的没错 |
[22:17] | I-I gotta get tougher. | 我是要坚强一些 |
[22:19] | Don’t get tougher until I die, okay? | 等我死后再变坚强吧 |
[22:21] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry, I said it again. | 对不起 对不起 我又说了 |
[22:27] | I care about you, Cathy. | 凯西 我很在乎你 |
[22:30] | It’s got nothing to do with being my “First.” | 不是因为你是我的第一个病人 |
[22:32] | I just… | 我只是… |
[22:37] | I don’t want you to die. | 我不想你死 |
[22:40] | That makes two of us. | 我何尝不是 |
[22:59] | I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 真的对不起 |
[23:01] | I just… Jesus, what am I doing? | 我只是 天啊 我这是怎么了 |
[23:04] | It’s okay. You were drunk. | 没事 你喝多了 |
[23:06] | I mean, you’re drunk, right? | 你喝多了 对吧 |
[23:07] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道 可能吧 |
[23:08] | You know, we’re at a high altitude. | 这里海拔太高 |
[23:10] | Sometimes it can make it worse. | 有时候可能反应更强烈 |
[23:11] | No, it’s just in reaction to the Julie thing. | 不是 你只是因为朱莉心里难过 |
[23:12] | No, it’s not. This is so fucked up. | 不 不对 这下彻底乱了 |
[23:14] | Um, I’ve been really confused. | 我近来很困惑 |
[23:21] | I shouldn’t have feelings, but I do. | 我不该动情的 但事实如此 |
[23:24] | I really like you, Cathy. | 凯西 我真的喜欢你 |
[23:28] | In a doctor-patient sort of way. | 是医生对病人的关怀吧 |
[23:33] | I’m an awful person. | 我不是个好人 |
[23:34] | I’m an awful person and a really awful doctor. | 我不是个好人 也不是个好医生 |
[23:37] | No, no. Neither. | 不要这么说 |
[23:41] | You are a good, kind, | 你是个优秀 善良 |
[23:45] | smart, smart man | 而且非常非常聪明的人 |
[23:49] | who has deceptively soft lips. | 还有一双诱人的柔软双唇 |
[23:51] | But Todd, | 可是陶德 |
[23:56] | you have to pick the girl who lives. | 你不能找我这样一个垂死的人 |
[24:09] | It was an hour ago. | 才过一小时 |
[24:10] | You can’t remember where you put a gun? | 你就不记得把枪放哪儿了 |
[24:12] | I have Alzheimer’s. | 我老年痴呆 |
[24:13] | I don’t remember where I put my teeth half the time. | 很多时候我连假牙放哪都不记得 |
[24:15] | Well, then, you know what? | 那我就告诉你 |
[24:16] | You shouldn’t have a goddamn gun. | 你就不应该藏一把该死的枪 |
[24:19] | You almost killed my son. | 你差点杀了我儿子 |
[24:21] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[24:24] | I would never hurt him. | 我绝不会伤害他 |
[24:25] | He’s a good boy. | 他是个好孩子 |
[24:27] | Marlene, you didn’t know who he was. | 玛琳 你连他是谁都不记得 |
[24:31] | When you find that gun, | 你找着枪后 |
[24:32] | I want you to give it to me, okay? | 一定要给我 知道吗 |
[24:35] | I will. | 我会的 |
[24:36] | You stay away from my kid. | 离我孩子远点儿 |
[24:47] | “Dear Cathy, | “亲爱的凯西 |
[24:48] | “I wanted to say thank you for being my friend. | “谢谢你能成为我的朋友 |
[24:53] | “People don’t say that often enough. | “这话人们并不常说 |
[24:55] | “When I first met you, | “第一次见你时 |
[24:56] | “I couldn’t believe what a pain you were. | “我没想到会有人这么讨人嫌 |
[25:01] | “But then I got to know you. | “与你深入接触后 |
[25:03] | “You were still a pain, | “你还是挺讨人嫌 |
[25:05] | “but you got to be like family to me. | “但你对我来说已经亲似家人了 |
[25:08] | So, thanks for that.” | 所以 谢谢你” |
[25:30] | “So, listen. | “好好听我说 |
[25:32] | “I know you’re sick and all, | “我知道你有病在身 |
[25:34] | “But you gotta pull your head out of your ass. | “但你一定要活出个人样来 |
[25:37] | “You have a family that loves you. | “你有爱你的亲人 |
[25:41] | “They want to take care of you. | “他们都想好好照顾你 |
[25:43] | So let them.” | 那就随了他们” |
[25:59] | “Adam’s a good kid. | “亚当是个好孩子 |
[26:02] | “Be nice to him. | “对他好点 |
[26:05] | “Tell him I’m sorry. | “告诉他我很抱歉 |
[26:08] | “And look out for Thomas, okay? | “记得照顾汤玛斯好吗 |
[26:10] | He likes you.” | 他喜欢你” |
[26:17] | “It was time for me to go. | “我该走了 |
[26:19] | I’m Looney Tunes. You’re not.” | 我是兔八哥 你不是哦” |
[26:30] | “Don’t screw up what you have left.” | “珍惜现在的所有” |
[26:34] | “Go places. | “四处周游 |
[26:36] | “Buy crap you want. | “想要什么就买什么 |
[26:38] | “Don’t be afraid. | “不要害怕 |
[26:42] | “When it’s really your time to go, | “真到了你离开的时候 |
[26:44] | “I’ll be waiting for you. | “我会等着你 |
[26:47] | But until then, live your life as hard as you can.” | “但在那之前 尽你最大努力活着” |
[27:03] | “That’s it. | “就这些 |
[27:05] | That’s all I wanted to say.” | “我想说的就这些” |
[27:15] | “Love, Marlene.” | “爱你的 玛琳” |