时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I have cancer, Rebecca! | 我得了癌症 丽贝卡 |
[00:04] | I will be forever changed. | 我的人生从此改变了 |
[00:06] | Promise me you will not tell Sean. | 答应我你不会告诉肖恩 |
[00:07] | Clearly, Rebecca told you. | 显然丽贝卡告诉你了 |
[00:09] | You should have told me. | 你早该告诉我的 |
[00:10] | I think we have to stop here. | 我想我们得到此为止了 |
[00:11] | We’ve done two rounds, and the tumors are unchanged. | 我们已经做了两个疗程 肿瘤还是没改善 |
[00:13] | I want a second opinion. | 我要再问问别的医生 |
[00:14] | Have you heard of a Dr. Atticus Sherman? | 你听说过阿蒂库斯·谢尔曼医生吗 |
[00:16] | Paul read about a stage IV woman | 保罗读到有个癌症第四期的女人 |
[00:18] | who was completely cured after seeing him. | 经他治疗后 完全康复了 |
[00:20] | I got an appointment with Dr. Sherman! | 我得到了谢尔曼医生的预约 |
[00:22] | Great news! | 这是天大的好消息 |
[01:24] | Hey! Welcome back! | 欢迎回来 |
[01:30] | You look awesome! | 你气色真好 |
[01:35] | 小凯西蛋糕 一美元一个 | |
[01:38] | Oh, shit. | 真要命 |
[01:44] | Hey, Mrs. Jamison. Welcome back. | 嗨 贾米森老师 欢迎回来 |
[01:47] | – Thank you, Han. – We’re raising money for you. | -谢谢你 韩 -我们在为你募捐 |
[01:49] | We heard the treatment didn’t work. | 听说你病情没什么起色 |
[01:51] | – You don’t need to raise m– – I hope you don’t mind. | -你们不用为我… -希望你不要介意 |
[01:54] | We used your first name. | 我们把你的名字用在了蛋糕上 |
[01:56] | We like the alliteration. | 念起来还挺顺的 |
[01:57] | Cupcakes…Cathy. | 小蛋糕 小凯西 |
[01:59] | And cancer! | 还有小命不保 |
[02:04] | We didn’t think about that. | 这我们倒没想到 |
[02:07] | Oops. | 糟糕 |
[02:09] | On the house. | 请你的 |
[02:17] | Seriously, Washington had wooden false teeth. | 说真的 华盛顿镶有木质假牙 |
[02:20] | He didn’t even have to brush them. | 他根本不用刷牙 |
[02:21] | He would just repaint them. | 隔三岔五上漆就行 |
[02:24] | Oh, hi. Can I help you? | 你好 有什么事吗 |
[02:26] | This is my class. | 我是这个班的班主任 |
[02:29] | Oh, my gosh, I’m so sorry. You must be Cathy. | 天啊 真是对不起 你就是凯西吧 |
[02:32] | Well, kids, it looks like my job here is done. | 孩子们 看来我的使命完成了 |
[02:34] | – Aw! – That sucks. | -不是吧 -真倒霉 |
[02:36] | She was only here for three weeks, people. | 同学们 她就代了三周课 |
[02:43] | We’ll miss you so much. | 我们会好想好想你 |
[02:46] | You’re so sweet! | 你人真好 |
[02:48] | Facebook me if you want. | 可以在Facebook上加我 |
[02:50] | She’s a sub. | 她就是个代课的 |
[02:51] | She’s just going back to wherever subs come from. | 她不过是从哪儿来的 回哪儿去 |
[02:55] | She’s not dying. | 又不是去见阎王 |
[03:01] | Good luck to you. | 祝你好运 |
[03:04] | And to you. | 也祝你好运 |
[03:12] | I hate her too. | 我也烦她 |
[03:15] | So…they take all the mirrors out of your house or something? | 瞧你这衰样 在家照不到镜子吗 |
[03:18] | You don’t look good. | 你气色不太好 |
[03:19] | Thank you! | 就是说嘛 |
[03:21] | Finally, someone telling the truth. | 终于有人肯说实话了 |
[03:24] | The interleukin kinda took it out of me. | 白介素治疗把我折腾得够呛 |
[03:27] | You could still use some mascara. | 涂点睫毛膏又没啥大碍 |
[03:30] | Glad you’re back. | 很高兴你能回来 |
[03:32] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[03:34] | Want a hug? | 来抱一个 |
[03:35] | Uh…no, thanks. | 免了 谢谢 |
[03:44] | Hey! How are you? | 嗨 你好吗 |
[03:47] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[03:58] | You going to lunch? | 你去吃午饭吗 |
[04:00] | Why don’t you ask me what you really want to ask me, okay? | 你何不有话直说 绕什么圈子 |
[04:02] | How am I? You know, am I totally bummed | 我还好吗 我老妈得了癌症 |
[04:04] | because my mom has cancer? | 是不是害得我一蹶不振 |
[04:05] | Do I want another fucking cancer cupcake? | 我要不要再来个操蛋的抗癌纸杯蛋糕 |
[04:07] | Because they’re free for me. | 反正我一个子都不用花 |
[04:10] | I just wanted to know if you were going to lunch. | 我只是想问你小子吃不吃午饭 |
[04:15] | Oh, yeah. | 这样啊 |
[04:17] | Yeah. | 吃 |
[04:17] | Good. I’ll save you a seat, freak. | 好的 我给你留个座 精神病 |
[04:24] | She had plushy toys all over my desk. | 我桌上被她堆的全是毛绒玩具 |
[04:27] | It’s like I never existed! | 把我当空气啊 |
[04:28] | Come on. Kids always love the subs. | 算了吧 代课老师就是招学生喜欢 |
[04:30] | Oh, God, all those cancer faces. | 她还摆出一副”癌症同情脸” |
[04:35] | It’s like I’m starring in my own Greek tragedy. | 简直是部为我量身打造的希腊悲剧 |
[04:37] | Okay. Your last round of treatment… | 好了 你最后一疗程的治疗费用是… |
[04:42] | Within $100 without going over. | 差价在一百元以内 只许少不许多 |
[04:45] | 1,252. | 1252元 |
[04:47] | So sorry, Cathy Jamison. | 很遗憾 凯西·贾米森 |
[04:49] | Correct answer is… | 正确答案是… |
[04:50] | 2,047.33! | 2047.33元 |
[04:54] | That’s a lot of cupcakes. | 那得卖一车纸杯蛋糕 |
[04:59] | But insurance covers 90%, | 但保险公司能给报销九成 |
[05:01] | so please write a check for $204.33. | 请写一张204.33美元的支票 |
[05:06] | You know, this is why stage IV people go so fast. | 这就是癌症四期患者都撑不了多久的原因 |
[05:08] | They can’t afford to stick around. | 没钱根本活不起 |
[05:10] | Hey. No more downer talk. | 别净说些丧气话 |
[05:12] | Tomorrow…we are meeting | 明天…我们就要和 |
[05:14] | the renowned Dr. Atticus Sherman, | 妙手神医阿蒂库斯·谢尔曼见面了 |
[05:17] | and I, for one, am prepared to be wowed. | 我已经准备好见证奇迹了 |
[05:20] | You be wowed. I’ll be drunk. | 你尽管见证 我要一醉方休 |
[05:33] | I’m going to work. | 我要去上班了 |
[05:40] | Have a great day. | 工作顺利 |
[05:41] | Sean, honey, are you just gonna sit in there all day | 肖恩 亲爱的 你打算一整天都待在里面 |
[05:44] | with no pants on? | 不穿裤子吗 |
[05:48] | Perhaps. | 可能吧 |
[05:51] | Look…I get that the whole “my sister has cancer” thing | 听我说 我知道你姐姐得了癌症 |
[05:54] | is a huge bummer–huge. | 你心里不好受 非常不好受 |
[05:57] | But you have to start coping a teeny bit. | 但你得打起点精神来 |
[06:00] | – We’re gonna have a baby. – Well, you better hope | -我们就要有孩子了 -那孩子 |
[06:02] | that baby doesn’t have a sister… | 最好别有个姐姐 |
[06:04] | ‘Cause sisters lie and die. | 姐姐们都虚伪又短命 |
[06:06] | They make pills, Sean. You’ll feel better. | 吃点药吧 肖恩 你会感觉好些的 |
[06:09] | I probably even have some in my bag right now. | 我现在包里大概就有几粒 |
[06:12] | No, thank you, nurse Ratched. | 不用了 谢谢你 瑞秋护士 |
[06:14] | But… | 可是… |
[06:17] | How many times do I have to write stage IV? | 我还要写多少次”癌症四期” |
[06:20] | It’s depressing. | 真郁闷 |
[06:23] | Sorry. Didn’t mean to eavesdrop. | 抱歉 我不是有意偷听 |
[06:26] | I used to get so annoyed writing that, | 我以前填得烦了 |
[06:27] | I just started putting “royally f’ed” each time. | 就索性每次都写上”被搞死了” |
[06:32] | You’re in a pretty good mood for someone who’s royally f’ed. | 你心态这么好 可不像要”被搞死”的样 |
[06:35] | I got some good news for once. | 我终于等到了好消息 |
[06:37] | Dr. Sherman says I’m in great shape. | 谢尔曼医生说我的身体状况很不错 |
[06:40] | And I just made it into this terrific | 他正在进行黑素瘤的临床试验 |
[06:42] | melanoma clinical trial he’s running. | 我刚被列入了名单 |
[06:44] | – Oh, I like the sound of that. – Yeah, me too. | -真是个好消息啊 -是啊 |
[06:46] | It’s had remarkable results in Europe. | 这个临床试验在欧洲成效显著 |
[06:49] | Ask him about it. | 等会记得问他 |
[06:51] | I will. | 好的 |
[06:52] | I hope it’s not forward of me, but… | 希望这么做不会太冒昧 |
[06:55] | here’s my number. | 这是我的电话 |
[06:56] | In case you ever want to chat or have any questions. | 想聊天或是有问题都可以打给我 |
[07:00] | I’m Nadine. | 我叫娜丁 |
[07:02] | Cathy. | 我叫凯西 |
[07:03] | Hi. | 你好 |
[07:07] | This is an angel coin. | 这是一枚天使硬币 |
[07:09] | It was my good luck charm but… | 它是我的幸运符 不过… |
[07:12] | I think it’s done its trick for me. | 它在我这里已经完成了使命 |
[07:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:19] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[07:23] | Mrs. Jamison? | 贾米森女士 |
[07:29] | How long has it been? | 咱们等了多久了 |
[07:31] | – 27 minutes. – So rude! | -二十七分钟 -真没礼貌 |
[07:34] | You know, I like that he’s late. | 其实他迟到是件好事 |
[07:36] | It means that he spends a lot of time with his patients. | 说明他在病人身上投入很多时间 |
[07:38] | Why do they always have paintings | 为什么医生办公室里总是挂着 |
[07:40] | of women looking out of windows? | 女人往窗外看的油画 |
[07:41] | They waiting for us to jump? | 他们是期待我们纵身一跃吗 |
[07:44] | Well, hi, there. | 你们好 |
[07:46] | Paul Jamison. | 我是保罗·贾米森 |
[07:47] | – Husband. – Atticus Sherman. | -病人丈夫 -我是阿蒂库斯·谢尔曼 |
[07:49] | Catherine. Hello. | 你好 凯瑟琳 |
[07:50] | Cathy. Patient. | 叫我凯西 我是病人 |
[07:51] | I figured as much. | 我猜到了 |
[07:53] | Although what’s going on there, buddy? | 哥们 你这是什么情况 |
[07:55] | ‘Cause there’s a heart attack in there with your name on it. | 看你这体型 离心脏病发作可不远了 |
[07:57] | Okay, let’s take a look. Uh-huh. | 好的 我看一下病历 |
[08:00] | Okay. No shortness of breath, | 好的 没有呼吸急促的症状 |
[08:03] | muscle weakness? | 感到肌无力吗 |
[08:04] | – Not yet. – Okay, that’s good. | -还没有 -好的 不错 |
[08:06] | Take deep breaths. | 深呼吸 |
[08:10] | Glad you came to see me. | 还好你来找我了 |
[08:12] | I don’t have good feelings about that Doogie Howser | 我和你那个天才小医生通电话的时候 |
[08:14] | I talked with on the phone. | 感觉他不太行 |
[08:16] | – Dr. Mauer? – He sounded like he was 16. | -缪尔医生吗 -声音像个十六岁小屁孩 |
[08:18] | I know, right? | 我就说嘛 |
[08:19] | Did I make a mistake doing the interleukin 2 treatment? | 接受白细胞介素-2治疗是个错误的决定吗 |
[08:22] | No. You went in for the nuclear blast first. | 不 你首先接受了强力的治疗 |
[08:24] | It’s a fine choice. | 这是个不错的选择 |
[08:26] | Just didn’t work out for you so, you know, onward. | 只是在你身上不见效 换种疗法吧 |
[08:28] | I met one of your patients, Nadine, in the waiting room. | 我在候诊室碰到了你的一位病人 娜丁 |
[08:31] | Isn’t she a trip? | 她有点人来疯吧 |
[08:32] | She’s got more energy than all of us. | 她比我们都有活力 |
[08:34] | She’s doing great. | 她的状况不错 |
[08:34] | She was telling me about a clinical trial you’re doing? | 她告诉我 你正在进行一项临床试验 |
[08:37] | Yeah. I’m very excited about the potential with that, | 是的 我很期待那项试验的前景 |
[08:40] | especially with the late-stage patients. | 尤其是癌症晚期病人的治疗 |
[08:41] | Fantastic. So when do we start that? | 太棒了 我们什么时候开始 |
[08:45] | It’s all filled up. There are no more spots. | 已经报满了 没有名额了 |
[08:48] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[08:49] | Hey, no long faces. We’ll figure something out. | 别哭丧个脸 我们会有法子的 |
[08:53] | Wait a minute. So we’re…we’re done? | 等等 这就完事了吗 |
[08:56] | Yeah. Let me study your scans, and I’ll be in touch. | 对啊 我去研究一下你的扫描片 随时联系 |
[08:58] | – We’ve been waiting 27 minutes. – Paul. | -我们等了二十七分钟 -保罗 别这样 |
[09:00] | Here. Take my card. | 给 这是我的名片 |
[09:02] | Email me with any questions. | 有问题给我发邮件 |
[09:04] | “Thegreatshermtini.com”? | 伟大的谢尔马蒂尼网 |
[09:06] | Yeah, I do a little amateur magicianing on the side, | 我还兼职做魔术师耍耍把戏 |
[09:09] | you know, bend the occasional spoon for the kids. | 挑把勺子掰弯给孩子看之类的 |
[09:12] | No chance you can bend the rules for me | 你就不能把规定”掰弯” |
[09:15] | and get me into that trial? | 让我参加试验吗 |
[09:17] | Only spoons. | 只会掰勺子 |
[09:24] | The Great Shermtini, my ass. | 伟大的谢尔马蒂尼 屁都不是 |
[09:25] | He couldn’t put one extra person into his trial? | 他的试验连一个人都加不进去吗 |
[09:28] | He said I was fat. | 他说我胖 |
[09:29] | Don’t I deserve it as much as that other woman? | 难道我就没有其他女人那么有资格吗 |
[09:30] | You deserve it more than that other woman. | 你绝对比任何人都有资格 |
[09:31] | – Don’t say that. – It’s true! | -别那么说 -我说的是实话 |
[09:33] | Yeah, you’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[09:34] | Nadine’s what–she’s like 20 years older than I am. | 娜丁能比我老二十来岁 |
[09:37] | She’s already had that extra time. | 她已经多活那么多年了 |
[09:39] | I want that time! | 我也想多活几年 |
[09:40] | Plus he said she was doing great. | 而且他说她的状况很不错 |
[09:42] | – She doesn’t need the trial. – It’s not fair. | -她根本用不着参加试验 -这不公平 |
[09:44] | – It’s beyond not fair. – Oh, I shouldn’t say that. | -岂止不公平 -我不该那么说 |
[09:46] | Why not? Why don’t you deserve to be angry about this? | 为什么 你凭什么不能为这事生气 |
[09:49] | I am! It is absurdly not fair! | 我就很生气 太不公平了 |
[09:53] | Let’s go get a burger! I want a burger. | 咱们去吃汉堡吧 我想来一个 |
[09:54] | – You want a burger? – I can’t. | -你想吃汉堡吗 -我不能吃 |
[09:56] | I’ve gotta go with Rebecca to her doctor. | 我要陪丽贝卡去看她的医生 |
[09:58] | Sean’s too depressed to do it. | 肖恩太消沉了 没心情陪她去 |
[10:01] | Aw, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[10:02] | Your life is so not fair right now. | 生活对你太不公平了 |
[10:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:07] | You see that? | 看到没有 |
[10:08] | That’s the beginnings of fingers. | 那就是手指的雏形 |
[10:10] | – Wow. – Look at that. | -哇 -快看啊 |
[10:12] | Please tell me it doesn’t have webbed feet. | 求你别告诉我宝宝长着蹼足 |
[10:13] | – It all looks fine. – The baby daddy is bipolar, | -看上去一切正常 -孩子爸爸有躁郁症 |
[10:16] | so this kid could be a little wacky. | 所以这孩子可能会有点古怪 |
[10:18] | – Rebecca. – That’s hereditary, right? | -丽贝卡 -那是遗传性的吧 |
[10:20] | That’s not my specialty. | 那不属于我专业范畴 |
[10:22] | Oh, wow. What if the baby has it, | 万一孩子继承了他的病 |
[10:24] | and I catch it through the umbilical cord? | 又通过脐带传染给了我怎么办 |
[10:26] | – That can’t happen. – Can we concentrate | -那不可能 -咱们还是 |
[10:28] | on the positive here? | 多往好处想吧 |
[10:29] | Be happy. | 开心点 |
[10:31] | There’s so many other things not to be happy about. | 让人不开心的事已经够多了 |
[10:33] | She has cancer. | 她得了癌症 |
[10:35] | – Oh, I’m so sorry. – Is melanoma hereditary? | -真遗憾 -黑素瘤遗传吗 |
[10:38] | – I can’t believe I never asked! – Oh, my God! | -我竟然从来没问过这个问题 -天啊 |
[10:41] | All right, enough! | 好了 别问了 |
[10:43] | You’re having a child. | 你就要生宝宝了 |
[10:45] | This is a miracle on so many levels, | 无论如何 这都是个奇迹 |
[10:47] | so we…we have to celebrate this moment! | 所以…我们得庆祝这个伟大的时刻 |
[10:50] | Let’s just enjoy this. | 让我们尽情享受吧 |
[10:52] | You hear that? The heartbeat. | 你听到了吗 心跳声 |
[10:56] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[10:57] | Is it a girl? It–it sounds like a girl. | 是个女孩吗 听着像个女孩 |
[11:00] | It’s a little too early to be 100% sure, | 现在下结论还为时过早 |
[11:02] | but based on what I’m seeing and not seeing, | 但基于我的观察和经验 |
[11:04] | I would guess it’s a girl. | 我猜是个女孩 |
[11:09] | It’s a girl. | 是个女孩 |
[11:20] | I’m home! | 我回来了 |
[11:23] | How was school? | 在学校过得怎么样 |
[11:25] | This was on my locker. | 这是贴在我寄物柜上的 |
[11:29] | Well… That’s sweet. | 太贴心了 |
[11:32] | No, mom, look at this. | 妈 你看啊 |
[11:33] | It’s not sweet. It’s creepy. | 不是贴心 是恶心 |
[11:34] | I mean, ever since school started three weeks ago, | 开学三个星期以来 |
[11:37] | I’ve been getting more attention than that albino kid. | 我比那个白化病患儿还引人注目 |
[11:39] | Okay. The sparkles are a little creepy. | 好吧 这些亮粉的确有点恶心 |
[11:41] | But you know… they care about you | 但他们是在关心你 |
[11:44] | and what you’re going through. | 同情你的遭遇 |
[11:46] | You’re the one with the cancer, mom. | 得癌症的人是你 妈 |
[11:49] | Thanks for reminding me. | 多谢提醒 |
[11:51] | – Hey, Adam. – Hey, what’s up? | -嗨 亚当 -嗨 你好 |
[11:54] | What are you making? It smells like ass. | 你做什么呢 闻起来臭烘烘的 |
[11:56] | Quinoa and cauliflower. | 藜麦和花椰菜 |
[11:58] | Cruciferous vegetables are antioxidants. | 十字花科的蔬菜能抗氧化 |
[12:00] | Ugh! Haven’t you been punished enough? | 你被折磨得还不够吗 |
[12:03] | Apparently not. | 我也没办法 |
[12:05] | So, um… I was thinking about what you said earlier | 我一直在思考你之前所说的 |
[12:08] | about staying positive. | 要保持乐观心态 |
[12:11] | – Good. – Uh-huh. | -不错嘛 -是啊 |
[12:12] | And, um, I want you to throw me a baby shower. | 我想让你给我办个新生儿派对 |
[12:16] | Oh, of course. | 当然没问题 |
[12:18] | It’ll be so nice in the spring. We could do it outside. | 春天气候宜人 我们可以在户外举办 |
[12:21] | I was thinking maybe this week. | 我想这周就办 |
[12:24] | Oh, come on! | 不是吧 |
[12:25] | What, you said so yourself. We can’t wait. | 你自己说的 我们等不起了 |
[12:27] | We have to celebrate every good moment. | 我们得庆祝每个美好时刻 |
[12:29] | Rebecca, you’re what? You’re, like, 11 weeks pregnant. | 丽贝卡 你现在也就怀孕十一周 |
[12:31] | I mean, technically, that isn’t even– | 照理说 那根本不… |
[12:33] | Think about the photos. We’re at our peak. | 想想拍出的照片 我们现在正值巅峰时期 |
[12:35] | Neither of us is gonna look any better than we do right now. | 现在是我们俩最上镜的时候 |
[12:38] | We have to do this before I get fat | 得趁着我还苗条 你还精神 |
[12:40] | and you get all…cancery. | 赶紧把派对给办了 |
[12:43] | In case I’m too sick to say it then, screw you. | 趁我没病倒前先说一句 去死吧你 |
[12:47] | Sean is in a tent, and you’re dying. | 肖恩住在帐篷里 你要一命呜呼了 |
[12:49] | Having a little fun wouldn’t kill us. | 找点乐子没什么不好 |
[12:51] | Unfortunate use of words. | 虽然你的用词很不得体 |
[12:55] | But I hear you. | 但我同意了 |
[12:55] | Oh, good! Great! Um… | 好的 太棒了 |
[12:58] | So I’ll invite a few gals and their daughters. | 我会请几个姐们和她们的女儿过来 |
[13:00] | It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, no gifts. | 不用办得太花哨 不用送我礼物 |
[13:02] | Just hand-me-downs. That’s what Sean would want. | 给我点旧东西就行 肖恩会喜欢的 |
[13:04] | Not that he gives a crap about anything nowadays. | 他现在对什么都不闻不问了 |
[13:07] | Man, you really did a number on him. | 老天 你真是把他打击得不轻 |
[13:09] | Rebecca, it’s complicated. | 丽贝卡 这很复杂 |
[13:11] | I think it would help if you apologized for lying | 你对他撒了谎 还瞒了他那么久 |
[13:13] | and for not telling him for so long. | 我觉得你去道个歉 他会好受些 |
[13:15] | How about you apologize for telling him | 我让你别告诉他 你却不听 |
[13:17] | what I asked you not to. | 你是不是也应该道歉 |
[13:18] | – What, I-I– – You–you have done enough. | -什么 我… -你管得够多了 |
[13:22] | You stay out of this one. | 这事你别插手 |
[13:24] | We’re all family now, Cath. | 我们现在是一家人了 凯西 |
[13:27] | Seriously. | 我说真的 |
[13:35] | You are an awesome aunt. | 你真是个好阿姨 |
[13:42] | I thought you might like to know we’re having a girl. | 跟你说一声 我怀的是个女孩 |
[13:45] | What– | 什么 |
[13:48] | What? How do you know that? | 什么 你怎么知道的 |
[13:50] | I had my first sonogram today. | 我今天去做了第一次超声波扫描 |
[13:53] | And you didn’t tell me? | 你竟然没告诉我 |
[13:55] | Jesus! First Cathy and now you. | 天啊 先是凯西 现在你也这样 |
[13:58] | I’m surrounded by she-liars. | 我身边到处都是女骗子 |
[14:01] | Like if I had told you, you would have gone? | 我告诉你了 你就会陪我去吗 |
[14:03] | Well, maybe. | 有可能啊 |
[14:04] | Maybe you should have given me the option. | 你起码应该给我个选择的机会 |
[14:07] | You know what, Sean? | 我告诉你 肖恩 |
[14:08] | This is supposed to be a fucking happy time. | 这应该是个喜悦的时刻 |
[14:11] | I’m fucking pregnant, | 我他妈的怀孕了 |
[14:12] | and I’m not gonna have you fucking bring this down, okay? | 我可不想让你把这给搅黄了 懂吗 |
[14:15] | Um…it’s my baby too. | 那也是我的孩子 |
[14:18] | How do you expect to be a decent parent | 你连条破裤子都不乐意穿 |
[14:20] | when you won’t even put on a goddamn pair of pants? | 怎么可能做个好爸爸 |
[14:32] | Cathy, what are you doing? | 凯西 你干什么呢 |
[14:36] | Do you think I can give this baby a broken lamp? | 我把这盏破台灯送给孩子怎么样 |
[14:38] | Probably not. | 不怎么样 |
[14:39] | You know, I’ve been digging through this crap for the last hour, | 我这一个小时一直在翻箱倒柜 |
[14:42] | looking for a present for this baby. | 想找样东西送给孩子 |
[14:44] | Sorry–fetus. | 抱歉 是胎儿 |
[14:46] | And God forbid Sean should come out of | 该死的肖恩应该摆脱阴霾 |
[14:47] | his tent depression and help. | 走出帐篷帮我 |
[14:49] | Honey, you’re still recovering from your treatment. | 亲爱的 你接受完治疗还在康复中 |
[14:52] | You’ve got to take it easy. | 你不能太操劳了 |
[14:55] | Oh, my gosh. | 天啊 |
[14:57] | Oh, look at this! | 快看啊 |
[15:00] | They’re my baby clothes my mom saved. | 这是我的婴儿服 我妈留下来的 |
[15:03] | Do you think Adam would want them when he has kids? | 你觉得等亚当有了孩子 会想要这些衣服吗 |
[15:06] | You think Adam will even have kids? | 你觉得亚当会要孩子吗 |
[15:08] | – Bet he will. – Kids should have siblings. | -我觉得他会 -孩子应该有兄弟姐妹 |
[15:11] | Make sure he has a bunch, okay? | 让他多生几个 好吗 |
[15:13] | What, so they can get along like you and Sean? | 怎么 好让他们像你和肖恩那样相处吗 |
[15:17] | Rebecca…thinks this is all my fault. | 丽贝卡认为这都是我的错 |
[15:19] | Well, you know what? Fuck Rebecca. | 管他呢 让丽贝卡去死吧 |
[15:22] | And Sean is a grown-up, okay? | 肖恩已经是个成年人了 |
[15:24] | Look, how about this? | 看 这个怎么样 |
[15:27] | Perfect. | 棒极了 |
[15:28] | Yeah, that could work. | 送这个不错 |
[15:30] | – Hey, Mrs. J. – What’s up, mom? | -嗨 贾米森女士 -你好 妈 |
[15:32] | Oh, I like you two together. | 我看到你俩在一起真开心 |
[15:34] | You’d make cute babies. | 你们的宝宝会很可爱的 |
[15:37] | Not now. Someday. | 又不是现在 以后再说 |
[15:38] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[15:40] | – Is that my old big wheel? – Yeah. | -这是我以前那辆大轮车吗 -对 |
[15:41] | I’m gonna give it to Rebecca for the baby shower. | 我准备在新生儿派对上把它送给丽贝卡 |
[15:44] | What? You can’t give this away. | 什么 你不能把这个送人 |
[15:46] | – It’s mine. – Ha ha. Come on, buddy, | -这是我的 -得了吧 儿子 |
[15:48] | you’re a little big for that, aren’t ya? | 你骑这车子有点幼稚了吧 |
[15:49] | – Yeah, just a little. – Adam– | -是啊 没错 -亚当 |
[15:51] | No. No. No way. | 不 不能送人 |
[15:53] | You don’t even fit on it anymore. | 你根本骑不了这车子了 |
[15:56] | – Totally can. – Fine. | -绝对可以 -好吧 |
[15:58] | You can ride it, you can keep it. | 你要是能骑 就让你留着 |
[16:11] | Yeah. That’s what I thought. | 对 我就知道能骑 |
[16:16] | I think this cancer might be affecting him | 看来他没意识到我得癌症这件事 |
[16:18] | more than he thinks. | 对他有多大影响 |
[16:24] | – Okay… – Two…Three… | -好的 -二 三 |
[16:26] | Lift and spread. Lift and spread. | 抬起 展开 抬起 展开 |
[16:27] | Rebecca, you’re falling behind. | 丽贝卡 你落后了 |
[16:28] | No, I’m not! | 才没有 |
[16:31] | Boom. Done! | 大功告成 |
[16:32] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[16:34] | 13 seconds. | 十三秒 |
[16:35] | Well, at least I have another six months to work on it. | 我起码还有半年的时间来练习 |
[16:39] | Thank you for helping me with all this. | 谢谢你帮我办这个派对 |
[16:42] | I love a party, but seriously… | 这派对很赞 但说实话… |
[16:44] | that lady should not be a mother. | 那女人不是当妈的料 |
[16:48] | You are really a diaper prodigy. | 你真是个换尿布的好手 |
[16:51] | I was way into babysitting as a kid. | 我小时候可愿意看孩子了 |
[16:53] | Hey, maybe I should hire you as my nanny. | 也许我应该雇你给我带孩子 |
[16:55] | Why? ‘Cause I’m black? | 为什么 因为我是个黑人吗 |
[16:57] | Ruby. What schools are you looking at? | 露比 你想上哪所大学 |
[16:59] | Ha. Did my mom say we were here looking at colleges? | 我妈说的是我们在选学校吗 |
[17:03] | She’s taking me to Hazelden. | 她要送我去黑泽尔登 |
[17:05] | – Rehab? – Ruby. | -戒毒所吗 -露比 |
[17:07] | You’re ruining the party. | 你扫大家的兴了 |
[17:08] | Oh, come on, I mean… | 没什么… |
[17:10] | Who here hasn’t been to rehab, right? | 今天来的人 谁没去过戒毒所啊 |
[17:12] | Pretty much all of us. | 基本上都去过了 |
[17:14] | Oh, those are adorable. | 真讨人喜欢 |
[17:17] | They have Cs on them. | 上面全是凯 |
[17:18] | I-I…I didn’t have a lot of time to deal with food. | 我没有太多的时间来准备食物 |
[17:22] | It’s perfect! | 太棒了 |
[17:24] | Oh! O…Okay. | 好吧 你开心就好 |
[17:26] | Great. | 真好 |
[17:27] | Because I’ve decided that I’m gonna name the baby | 因为我打算给我的孩子起名为 |
[17:30] | Cathy! | 凯西 |
[17:32] | Little Cs for Cathy. | 这些小凯代表了凯西 |
[17:35] | But she’s Cathy. | 但她也叫凯西 |
[17:37] | Right! Isn’t it awesome? | 对 多妙的点子啊 |
[17:39] | – No. – W-wait. | -才不 -等等 |
[17:40] | So this baby will be named Cathy Tolke | 所以说这个孩子会像我妈以前一样 |
[17:42] | like my mom was Cathy Tolke? | 叫凯西·特尔克吗 |
[17:44] | Is Cathy Tolke. I’m not dead yet. | 是现在 不是以前 我还没死呢 |
[17:46] | Cathy has cancer. | 凯西得了癌症 |
[17:48] | I mean, not my Cathy! | 我指的不是我孩子凯西 |
[17:51] | That Cathy. | 是那位凯西 |
[17:52] | See? It’s already confusing. | 瞧 已经开始搞混了 |
[17:54] | Okay, look…maybe someone else healthy | 好吧 也许健康的人会很乐意 |
[17:57] | would be excited about this, but I’m sorry, I’m not. | 你这么做 但很抱歉 我不乐意 |
[18:00] | Out of all of the millions of names out there, | 有成千上万个名字供你挑 |
[18:02] | you go for mine? | 你就相中我的了 |
[18:03] | I thought you would be touched. | 我还以为你会很感动 |
[18:04] | It’s an homage. | 这是向你致敬 |
[18:08] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[18:10] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[18:12] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[18:13] | How ’bout, how ’bout, you know, Monica? | 你觉得莫妮卡这个名字怎样 |
[18:15] | Or Lydia. | 或是莉迪亚 |
[18:17] | Or Hannah. How ’bout Hannah? | 或是汉娜 汉娜怎么样 |
[18:18] | Monica was the name of my third grade teacher. | 我三年级的老师就叫莫妮卡 |
[18:19] | I hate Monica. | 我讨厌莫妮卡 |
[18:21] | Lavonda, Beatrice, Rose. Susie. | 拉芳达 碧翠丝 柔丝 苏西 |
[18:24] | How about Monique? | 莫妮可怎么样 |
[18:25] | Or maybe one of the flower names. | 选个花名也可以 |
[18:27] | – Like lilac? – Okay. Okay. | -比如丁香 -好了 好了 |
[18:29] | So this whole Cathy Tolke thing | 如果给孩子起名叫凯西·特尔克 |
[18:31] | is gonna be a big problem | 会带来不少麻烦 |
[18:32] | when she’s growing up across the street | 她在我们街对面长大 |
[18:33] | and we start getting each other’s mail | 我们会拿错彼此的信 |
[18:35] | and phone calls and such, | 接错电话之类的 |
[18:36] | ’cause I might be around for a while. | 因为我可能还得活一阵子 |
[18:38] | It was Dr. Sherman’s office. | 是谢尔曼医生办公室打来的 |
[18:40] | He added a spot for me in the clinical trial. | 他为我加了一个临床试验名额 |
[18:44] | Oh… Yes! | 太好了 |
[18:46] | That’s so great! | 太棒了 |
[19:04] | Um…I’m just gonna get some soda. | 我就是想拿几罐汽水 |
[19:07] | That’s cool. | 没事 |
[19:09] | Use it or lose it. | 不抽没机会了 |
[19:13] | Sorry about your mom and the whole cancer shit. | 很遗憾你妈得了癌症 |
[19:16] | Yeah, well, sorry about rehab. | 很遗憾你要去戒毒所 |
[19:19] | Guess we’re both fucked. | 咱们都很苦逼 |
[19:21] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:23] | You wanna feel better? | 想快活一下吗 |
[19:24] | Oh. No, I don’t smoke, so… I’m just gonna go upstairs. | 不用了 我不抽 我要上楼了 |
[19:28] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这意思 |
[19:34] | I have a girlfriend. | 我有女友了 |
[19:37] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[19:45] | Wait– | 等等 |
[21:07] | Hello. This is Cathy Jamison calling. | 你好 我是凯西·贾米森 |
[21:10] | Is Nadine there? | 娜丁在吗 |
[21:11] | Oh! Hi. | 你好 |
[21:14] | I met your mom last week at Dr. Sherman’s office, | 我上周在谢尔曼医生那里碰到了你母亲 |
[21:16] | and I was– | 我当时… |
[21:20] | Oh. Oh, my God. | 天啊 真没想到 |
[21:23] | I-I’m… | 我… |
[21:25] | I’m so sorry, I– | 很遗憾 我… |
[21:30] | Nadine died. | 娜丁去世了 |
[21:32] | – Who? – The woman. | -谁 -那个女人 |
[21:33] | Paul, the coin woman. | 保罗 就是给我硬币的那个女人 |
[21:35] | I called her to tell her that I got into the trial, | 我想打电话告诉她我能参加试验了 |
[21:38] | – and– – Man! | -但… -天啊 |
[21:39] | She looked so alive. | 她当时看了生气勃勃 |
[21:40] | Well, now she’s not. | 现在死气沉沉了 |
[21:42] | He said she was doing so great. | 他说她的状况很好 |
[21:44] | She died? Just like that? | 她死了吗 这么快 |
[21:45] | That is royally fucked. | 她确实被搞死了 |
[21:47] | She gave me her lucky coin, and then she died. | 她把幸运硬币给了我 然后她就去世了 |
[21:51] | Cathy, it’s not your fault. | 凯西 那不是你的错 |
[21:52] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[21:54] | That’s why there was an extra spot for me. | 所以我才能拿到一个额外的名额 |
[21:56] | I climbed over a dead woman’s body to get into that trial! | 我是迈过那个女人的尸体才挤进了试验 |
[21:59] | Whoa! I am not gonna play that game with you, honey. | 我可不想跟你一起纠结这个问题 |
[22:02] | You got into the trial | 你能参加试验 |
[22:03] | ’cause you deserve to get into the trial. | 因为那是你应得的 |
[22:05] | What, and she didn’t? | 难道她就不应得吗 |
[22:06] | I’m not saying she deserved to die, Cathy, | 我没说她就应该死 凯西 |
[22:08] | but you deserve a chance to live | 但你和她一样有权利 |
[22:10] | – just like she did. – Adam. | -继续活下去 -亚当 |
[22:11] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[22:13] | Did something happen in the basement yesterday? | 昨天在地下室是不是有事情发生 |
[22:15] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[22:17] | I mean…no. | 那个…没有吧 |
[22:19] | Your mom thinks that Ruby was smoking pot down there. | 你妈觉得露比在地下室抽过大麻 |
[22:22] | Oh, yeah? Yeah. I-I don’t know. | 是吗 我不知道 |
[22:25] | Maybe. She was weird. | 也许吧 她人很怪 |
[22:27] | She was. | 没错 |
[22:33] | We have a fish bowl with no fish. | 这个小鱼缸里没有鱼 |
[22:34] | And we just take a little red cloth. | 我们在上面盖上块红布 |
[22:36] | And boom! | 砰 |
[22:37] | There’s your goldfish. | 金鱼出现了 |
[22:42] | Oh! Wait a minute! What’s this? | 等等 那是什么 |
[22:44] | What are you doing with that in your head? | 你的头上怎么会有那玩意 |
[22:46] | Let’s put it back in. Oh, it came out the other side. | 我把它放回原处 又从另一侧出现了 |
[22:48] | How did I do that? | 我是怎么做到的呢 |
[22:51] | Look at this. | 看啊 |
[22:54] | Dr. Sherman. | 谢尔曼医生 |
[22:55] | I’m performing here. | 我正在表演 |
[22:56] | Well, your office told me you were up here. | 你的同事告诉我你在这里 |
[22:58] | I just– I need a minute. | 我要跟您谈谈 |
[22:59] | Uh…This is my assistant. | 这位是我的助手 |
[23:02] | This is Mrs. Jamison! | 这是贾米森女士 |
[23:06] | Look at that. | 看啊 |
[23:07] | Very good. She’s good, isn’t she? | 很好 她很厉害 对吧 |
[23:08] | It was Nadine’s space, wasn’t it? | 那是娜丁的名额 对吧 |
[23:11] | I replaced Nadine. | 我取代了娜丁 |
[23:13] | The Great Shermtini is gonna take a five-minute break. | 伟大的谢尔马蒂尼要休息五分钟 |
[23:19] | You told me you added a slot. | 你告诉我 你加了一个名额 |
[23:21] | Now, why wouldn’t you tell me the truth? | 你为什么不跟我说实话 |
[23:22] | Why wouldn’t you tell me she died? | 你为什么不告诉我她去世了 |
[23:24] | I don’t discuss other patients. | 我不和病人谈论其他病人 |
[23:26] | We’re not patients. We’re people. | 我们不是病人 我们是人 |
[23:28] | But I don’t know how you would know that, | 你只肯在每个病人身上花几分钟 |
[23:30] | since you only seem to spend two minutes with each of us. | 你怎么可能了解他们的病情 |
[23:34] | I know you’re a 43-year-old woman | 我知道你是位四十三岁的女性 |
[23:36] | presenting with advanced metastatic disease. | 患有晚期的转移性疾病 |
[23:39] | I know you have a small tumor in the soft tissue | 我知道在你肾后方的软组织上有个小肿瘤 |
[23:41] | behind your kidney which the last scans didn’t show. | 但上次做扫描的时候片子上没有显示 |
[23:44] | I know you’re very sick, | 我知道你病入膏肓了 |
[23:46] | and I think this trial could save your life. | 我认为这次试验能挽回你的生命 |
[23:49] | How can I trust you? | 要我怎么相信你 |
[23:50] | You told a dying woman that she was great. | 你告诉一个垂死的女人 她的状况很好 |
[23:53] | Why? To make her feel better? | 为什么 让她感觉良好吗 |
[23:55] | I don’t wanna feel better. I wanna be better. | 我不想感觉良好 我要切实好起来 |
[23:58] | What would you like to hear, Mrs. Jamison? | 你想听我说些什么 贾米森女士 |
[24:00] | If you’re gonna be my doctor–if… | 如果你将成为我的主治医生 只是如果 |
[24:03] | You’re going to be my doctor, | 你将成为我的主治医生 |
[24:05] | I need you always, always have to be honest with me. | 我要你永远 永远跟我说实话 |
[24:08] | You want honesty? People die. | 你想听实话吗 病人随时会死 |
[24:11] | Before trials, during trials. | 试验前 试验中 |
[24:14] | Half these kids are not gonna make it outta here. | 那些孩子中有一半活不了多久 |
[24:16] | And as groundbreaking as I expect this trial to be, | 尽管我期望这次试验有所突破 |
[24:20] | I’m still gonna lose patients. | 还是会有很多病人死亡 |
[24:21] | We’ll learn something from every death, | 我们从每个死亡病例中都能总结出经验 |
[24:23] | so when the next patient comes through, | 当下一位病人参与治疗的时候 |
[24:25] | maybe they won’t suffer as much. | 也许他们能少承受些痛苦 |
[24:27] | Maybe they’ll live longer. But make no bones about it. | 也许他们能活得久一些 但事实是 |
[24:29] | We all get replaced. I’m gonna die. | 我们都会被取代 我也会死 |
[24:31] | And some other doctor will come through here and replace me. | 别的医生会来占据我的位置 |
[24:35] | Probably not your Doogie Howser but, you know, still… | 可能不是你的天才小医生 但是… |
[24:39] | Look, I’m not going to beg you to do this trial. | 听着 我不会求你参加这次试验 |
[24:42] | If you’re too shortsighted to not take the chance | 如果你就因为不满我对病人的态度 |
[24:45] | just because you don’t like my bedside manner, | 而目光短浅地放弃这次机会 |
[24:47] | trust me–there are hundreds of people | 相信我 会有上百位病人 |
[24:49] | who are waiting to replace you. | 迫不及待把你挤掉 |
[24:52] | That’s the truth. | 这就是真相 |
[25:10] | Rebecca. | 丽贝卡 |
[25:13] | I’m wearing pants. | 我穿上裤子了 |
[25:37] | This is for Rebecca and the baby. | 这是给丽贝卡和孩子的 |
[25:42] | O-okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[25:45] | I’m sorry I lied to you. | 对不起 我对你撒了谎 |
[25:48] | And I’m sorry if my being sick is hard for you. | 如果我生病让你难过了 我很抱歉 |
[25:50] | It’s really hard for me too. | 我自己也不好过 |
[25:58] | It has hands. | 她有手了 |
[26:00] | She has little hands. | 她长着小手 |
[26:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:06] | I wanna be better. | 我想要好起来 |
[26:08] | Then take the meds, Sean. | 那就吃药吧 肖恩 |
[26:10] | Oh…You know what they do to me, Cath. | 你知道我服药后会怎么样 凯西 |
[26:13] | They–they dull me out. | 我会没精打采 |
[26:14] | They make me all normal. | 和正常人一样 |
[26:16] | I-I wear button-down shirts. | 我会穿带领扣衬衫 |
[26:18] | – I watch TV. – Yeah. | -还会看电视 -对啊 |
[26:21] | Sometimes you do. | 你有时候是这样 |
[26:22] | I-I don’t want numb Sean | 我不想让麻木的肖恩 |
[26:25] | to replace fun Sean. | 取代风趣的肖恩 |
[26:27] | You think you’re having fun right now? | 你觉得现在过得很开心吗 |
[26:29] | Well… | 那个… |
[26:30] | The tent’s pretty cool. | 那个帐篷很拉风 |
[26:32] | Do you have any idea how jealous I am of you? | 你知道我有多嫉妒你吗 |
[26:35] | Here. You can take a pill | 听我说 你只要吃一片药 |
[26:37] | and spend all the time you want with your kid. | 就能一直陪在你的孩子身边 |
[26:39] | I can’t. | 我却不能 |
[26:40] | How the hell can you not fight to be better | 我现在竭尽全力想让自己好起来 |
[26:43] | when that’s all I’m doing right now? | 你怎么能自暴自弃呢 |
[26:58] | You could make a good dad, Sean. | 你会是个好爸爸的 肖恩 |
[27:04] | A really good dad. | 一个很好的爸爸 |
[27:14] | I’m–I’m sorry you’re sick. | 很遗憾你生病了 |
[27:17] | Yeah, well, | 没关系 |
[27:18] | I’m starting this new clinical trial, | 我要参加新的临床试验了 |
[27:20] | so God only knows how sick I’m gonna be. | 天知道我到底会病成什么样 |
[27:23] | And hey, no matter what, | 无论如何 |
[27:25] | you’ll always have a little Cathy Tolke in your life. | 凯西·特尔克总会在你生命中占据一席之地 |
[27:31] | Rebecca hasn’t told you. | 丽贝卡还没告诉你啊 |
[27:32] | Told me what? | 告诉我什么 |
[27:33] | She wants to name the baby Cathy. | 她打算给孩子起名叫凯西 |
[27:35] | – No. – Oh, yeah. | -不是吧 -是啊 |
[27:38] | Now, that…is insane. | 她脑抽了吧 |
[27:40] | Yeah, right? | 就是说啊 |
[27:41] | I mean, who– who would name their baby Cathy? | 谁会给孩子起名叫凯西啊 |
[27:44] | What kind of parents would do that to a child? | 什么样的父母会忍心这么做 |