时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I like the way you roll, Myk. | 我喜欢你开车的样子 麦凯 |
[00:04] | I like everything about you. | 我喜欢你的一切 |
[00:05] | You can’t be stealing stuff. | 你不能偷东西 |
[00:07] | So is it too much if I ask you to look the other way? | 如果我请你假装没看见 过分吗 |
[00:09] | Is it too much for me to ask to be cut in? | 那如果我想你也算我一份 过分吗 |
[00:12] | Is that rugby slut? | 那是”橄榄球荡妇”吗 |
[00:13] | I think she prefers Tina now. | 人家有名有姓的叫”蒂娜” |
[00:14] | – I’m pregnant! – What? | -我怀孕了 -什么 |
[00:16] | – Will you marry me? – Yes! | -你愿意嫁给我吗 -我愿意 |
[00:18] | I really don’t feel so great. | 我感觉不是很好 |
[01:14] | It’s way too small. | 这个也太小了 |
[01:16] | It’s just symbolic, though, right? | 不就是象征性的用一下吗 |
[01:18] | Maybe I can show you something in teak? | 也许我可以带您看看柚木棺 |
[01:20] | Maybe you can show me something | 你就不能给我找个 |
[01:22] | that doesn’t look like a clown car. | 不像小丑车的棺材吗 |
[01:23] | This is my flesh and blood we’re talking about. | 这可是给我亲生骨肉用的啊 |
[01:27] | She’s dealing with a miscarriage in her own way. | 她在用自己独特的方式面对流产 |
[01:29] | It’s only been about four days. | 那也就是大约四天前的事 |
[01:32] | I understand. | 可以理解 |
[01:33] | Now, this– this isn’t bad. | 这个 这个不错嘛 |
[01:35] | Oh, well, that’s the Cadillac of ever-afters. | 那堪称通往天堂的凯迪拉克 |
[01:39] | But, Rebecca, you don’t have anything to put in it. | 但是 丽贝卡 你没什么要装的啊 |
[01:41] | Well, except her hopes and dreams. | 谁说的 她埋葬的是希望和梦想 |
[01:44] | I-I know that everybody mourns in a different way. | 我知道每个人的哀悼方式都不同 |
[01:47] | When I miscarried, I planted a tree. | 我以前流产时种了一棵树 |
[01:49] | I don’t want to mourn. | 我才不要哀悼呢 |
[01:51] | I want to celebrate the life that was inside me for 18 weeks. | 我要为这十八个礼拜大的胎儿大排筵宴 |
[01:54] | This fetus deserves to be feted. | 这个胎儿值得这么大排场 |
[01:56] | I will take the big, shiny one. | 我就要这个闪亮大棺了 |
[01:58] | Of course. Excellent choice. | 当然可以 明智之选 |
[01:59] | And we’ll do the service in our contemplation room. | 我们会在冥想室举行葬礼 |
[02:03] | I’m gonna need room for a photo booth | 我要那种放得下自助照相亭和 |
[02:04] | and a sushi bar. | 寿司吧的房间 |
[02:05] | I’m gonna have… | 我还要 |
[02:07] | If you’ll excuse us for one second. | 我们先单独聊聊 |
[02:09] | What? | 怎么了 |
[02:11] | Now, I want to be supportive, | 我很想做你坚实的后盾 |
[02:13] | but I’m afraid that you’re sublimating your grief | 但你用来升华自己悲痛的方式是寿司 |
[02:16] | with…sushi. | 我很担心 |
[02:19] | Cath, I’m okay. | 凯西 我没事 |
[02:21] | A baby was never in the cards for me. | 我本来就和孩子无缘 |
[02:23] | If I had really wanted one, I would have had one | 我要是真想要孩子 早就要了 |
[02:25] | before my uterus started dropping to my knees. | 怎么会等到子宫下垂得快过膝了 |
[02:28] | It’s Sean you should worry about. | 你该关心的是肖恩 |
[02:30] | He’s gone off his meds. | 他停药了 |
[02:31] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[02:31] | He said it was the only way | 他说只有这样 |
[02:33] | he could feel the pain of losing baby Cathy. | 他才能感受到痛失小凯西的悲伤 |
[02:35] | May I ask where the coffin will be buried? | 请问棺材要在哪下葬 |
[02:38] | I thought I would put her in the Tolke family plot. | 我应该会把她葬在特氏家族墓地 |
[02:41] | There is no Tolke family plot. | 我家没有家族墓地 |
[02:42] | Hold on. You have cancer | 等等 你都得癌症了 |
[02:44] | and no plot? | 还没有墓地 |
[02:46] | Hello! | 醒醒吧 |
[02:47] | You might want to think about that. | 你还是考虑考虑吧 |
[02:49] | I have some lovely space available. | 我这里有些温馨的地方供您参考 |
[02:51] | I’m sure you do. | 你当然有了 |
[02:56] | Did you know you can get a coffin that’s aerated? | 你知道吗 现在还有充气棺材呢 |
[02:59] | To avoid that musty just-dead smell? | 为了去除新尸的腐臭吗 |
[03:02] | So water can run through it. | 为了让水流过 |
[03:03] | You can take a bath for eternity. | 这样你就能泡澡到永远了 |
[03:04] | “A,” that’s disgusting. | 首先 这太恶心了 |
[03:06] | “B,” I don’t really want to talk about this. | 其次 我真的不想讨论这话题 |
[03:07] | It’s morbid. | 这太不乐观了 |
[03:08] | We have to talk about it, Paul. | 我们必须商量一下 保罗 |
[03:10] | I mean, it’s crazy how unprepared we are. | 我们毫无准备到一定境界了 |
[03:11] | We don’t even have burial plots. | 我们连块墓地都没有 |
[03:13] | This is all Rebecca’s fault. | 全怪丽贝卡 |
[03:14] | You know, she wants to throw a state funeral | 她想为那个胎死腹中的孩子 |
[03:17] | for her unborn child, | 办个隆重的葬礼 |
[03:18] | and now you’re catalogue shopping for coffins. | 闹得你都开始计划买棺材了 |
[03:20] | Yes, she is cuckoo. | 没错 她是疯疯癫癫的 |
[03:21] | But we have to have some understanding. | 但我们要理解她 |
[03:23] | Honey, I get it. | 亲爱的 我理解 |
[03:25] | But she was barely showing. | 但是她连肚子都没大 |
[03:27] | I’m going to Brent’s. | 我要去布伦特家 |
[03:28] | I thought you were going to a hockey game with uncle Sean. | 我还以为你要和肖恩舅舅去看曲棍球赛呢 |
[03:31] | Uh, yeah, I don’t know. He’s acting all weird. | 我也不清楚 他行为特别怪异 |
[03:32] | You know, it’s not like an actual person died. | 又不是真死了个人 |
[03:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[03:36] | It’s like everybody caught pro-life-itis. | 就好像大家传染了”惜命症” |
[03:38] | Paul! | 保罗 |
[03:39] | Come on, everybody was thinkin’ it. | 拜托 大家都是这么想的 |
[03:40] | – Mom, dad. – Who are those for? | -爸 妈 -这是送给谁的 |
[03:45] | “Sorry for your loss.” | “节哀顺变” |
[03:48] | Hey, these are for you. | 这些花是给你的 |
[03:49] | We got them by mistake. | 错送到我们家了 |
[03:52] | Oh, excellent. | 太棒了 |
[03:54] | The, uh, the obituary’s working its intended magic. | 看来讣告已发挥其应有的魔力了 |
[03:57] | You wrote an obituary? | 你写了篇讣告 |
[03:59] | Well, somebody had to acknowledge this happened. | 总得告诉大家我的孩子去世了啊 |
[04:02] | Let me tell you something, Cathy, | 跟你说吧 凯西 |
[04:04] | You go before you hit 20 weeks, | 你要是在娘胎里连二十周都没活到 |
[04:05] | you are shit out of luck. | 那真是霉运当头 |
[04:06] | You can’t get a birth or a death certificate. | 因为你连出生和死亡证明都没有 |
[04:09] | It’s like you’ve, um– | 就好像你 |
[04:10] | it’s like you’ve been wiped off the books. | 就好像你从人间蒸发了一样 |
[04:12] | You never existed. | 你从未存在过 |
[04:14] | Thankfully, the folks at the Twin Cities Leader | 不幸中的万幸 《双城先锋》的同志们 |
[04:16] | took pity on my plight, and they also took my 20 bucks. | 对我深表同情 只收了我二十美元 |
[04:19] | I know this is an incredibly hard time. | 我知道这段日子很难过 |
[04:22] | You want to know hard? | 想知道什么叫苦 |
[04:23] | You try going to the preemie ward. | 去早产儿监护室看看 |
[04:25] | They have babies in there | 那里的孩子 |
[04:26] | the size of a fucking acorn. | 大小跟橡子差不多 |
[04:29] | But they get to live. | 但他们能活下去 |
[04:31] | They even have volunteers to hold them | 甚至还有志愿者抱着他们 |
[04:33] | so they–they– they grow faster. | 好让他们更快地成长 |
[04:35] | You–they have entourages. | 他们被百般呵护 |
[04:38] | Rebecca told me that you– you went off your– | 丽贝卡告诉我说 说你 |
[04:40] | you went off your meds. | 你停止用药了 |
[04:41] | Yeah, I’m–I’m not gonna go through this doped up. | 没错 我才不想用药来麻痹自己 |
[04:44] | Oh, Sean, why make this harder on yourself? | 肖恩 你何苦这般折磨自己 |
[04:46] | It’s a very emotional time. | 这段日子对你来说可不好过 |
[04:47] | Exactly. | 太对了 |
[04:48] | And I plan on feeling every, single bit of it. | 而且我要把这苦水一点点咽下去 |
[05:01] | Hey, buddy. | 伙计 |
[05:04] | I didn’t know customers were allowed back here. | 顾客怎么能把车开到这里 |
[05:06] | They’re not the customers. | 那不是顾客 |
[05:07] | Wait…they just stole that stuff? | 等等 你是说他们偷了那些东西 |
[05:11] | In broad daylight? | 光天化日之下 |
[05:12] | Relax, Paul. | 淡定点 保罗 |
[05:14] | Owen is at Quiznos on his break. | 欧文正休息 开小灶呢 |
[05:16] | It’s just us here. | 天知地知 你知我知 |
[05:19] | Okay, here is your piece of the action. | 这是你的封口费 |
[05:29] | Can I just be clear about something? | 我声明一下 |
[05:31] | I don’t condone stealing, okay? | 我不想纵容偷窃 明白吗 |
[05:33] | I never even lifted a pack of gum | 我小时候甚至连一盒口香糖 |
[05:34] | when I was a kid. | 都没偷过 |
[05:35] | Right? I’m doing this because my wife is sick | 你懂吗 我这么做是因为我妻子病了 |
[05:37] | and we have bills. | 账单堆积如山 |
[05:38] | I don’t judge. | 我能理解 |
[05:40] | After I pay my rent, | 付完房租 |
[05:41] | I am spending the money on Andrea. | 余下的我全花在安德莉亚身上 |
[05:43] | That girl. | 那个女孩 |
[05:44] | She likes her bling. | 她喜欢珠光宝气的感觉 |
[05:45] | Sometimes, when we go out, | 有时我们出门的时候 |
[05:47] | she looks like a beautiful black christmas tree. | 她华丽的像一棵非洲圣诞树 |
[05:51] | You really like her, huh? | 你真心喜欢她 是吗 |
[05:52] | Do Ukrainians love bread? | 乌克兰人爱吃面包吗 |
[05:55] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[05:56] | They do. | 当然爱 |
[06:03] | What are you makin’ there? | 缝什么呢 |
[06:05] | It’s my outfit for the funeral. | 葬礼上穿的衣服 |
[06:07] | I’m adding extra sparkles to it | 我在加些亮片壮胆 |
[06:09] | because funerals scare the shit out of me. | 葬礼总是吓得我屁滚尿流 |
[06:12] | Well, this one has a photo booth, | 这次有个自助照相亭 |
[06:13] | so you might be pleasantly surprised. | 也许你可以小欣慰一下了 |
[06:17] | I’m sorry. My family is so dysfunctional. | 真抱歉 我家里人都这么不正常 |
[06:20] | Hey, if I hadn’t moved in with you, | 别这么说 要是没搬过来 |
[06:21] | I never would have met Myk. | 我和麦凯就无缘相识了 |
[06:25] | How’s that goin’? | 你们俩怎么样了 |
[06:26] | Pretty good. | 还不错 |
[06:29] | Is it…getting serious? | 有没有 深层次进展 |
[06:32] | You sound like my mom. | 别拿老妈的口气说话 |
[06:34] | Do I? I don’t mean to, I just– | 是吗 不是有意的 只是 |
[06:34] | I want you to be able to talk to me about stuff, Andrea. | 我希望你能跟我敞开谈谈 安德莉亚 |
[06:38] | Myk and I are gonna do it. | 我们俩要上床了 |
[06:44] | Wow, are you sure you’re ready? | 你确定自己准备好了吗 |
[06:47] | I mean, do I…do I need to take you to a gynecologist? | 我是说 要不要去咨询妇科医生 |
[06:51] | Or should I ground you? | 还是我该把你禁足 |
[06:52] | Sounding like my mom. | 又来了 老妈语气 |
[06:53] | All right. Sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[06:58] | Have you… | 你之前 |
[07:01] | – done it before? – You callin’ me a ho? | -有没有做过 -你以为我是荡妇吗 |
[07:03] | I’m not calling you a ho. | 我可没这个意思 |
[07:06] | It might be my first time. | 这会是我的第一次 |
[07:10] | My God. | 老天 |
[07:13] | I’m in total virgin territory here. | 性前教育可是我的处女领域 |
[07:15] | No pun intended. | 没别的意思 |
[07:16] | I mean, I didn’t get to talk to Adam | 我是说 我都没机会跟亚当谈 |
[07:17] | about losing his virginity– he just went and did it. | 第一次该怎么样 他无师自通 |
[07:19] | Did I ask for your advice? | 我什么时候要你提建议了 |
[07:21] | No. | 没有 |
[07:23] | But let me just say this. | 但给你一句忠告 |
[07:25] | Low expectations. | 期望越大 失望越大 |
[07:28] | Low. | 放低期望 |
[07:29] | Because the sex most likely is gonna suck. | 因为第一次多半都得搞砸 |
[07:32] | But you make sure… | 但你要确定 |
[07:34] | that he respects you. | 他能尊重你 |
[07:35] | And that he makes it special. | 给你一次特别的体验 |
[07:39] | I lost my virginity on a bean bag chair. | 我在沙发椅上献出了第一次 |
[07:41] | Five minutes, and it was over. | 五分钟了事 |
[07:43] | Just like a fairytale. | 童话一般 |
[07:45] | Cathy, are you here? | 凯西 你在吗 |
[07:46] | Yeah, in here. | 在这呢 |
[07:47] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[07:48] | Hey, Andrea. | 你好 安德莉亚 |
[07:50] | Oh, nice sparkles. | 亮片很漂亮 |
[07:52] | Um, I was wondering if you’d say some words | 我在想 你能不能在葬礼上 |
[07:54] | at the funeral. | 说点什么 |
[07:55] | Sure. Uh… | 没问题 |
[07:57] | There–there’s a Robert Frost poem I know. | 我背过一首罗伯特·弗罗斯特的诗 |
[08:00] | No, I meant like a eulogy. | 不 我是说悼词 |
[08:02] | – Eulogy? – Isn’t a eulogy, | -悼词 -悼词是不是 |
[08:03] | like, memories of a person | 追忆一个人 |
[08:05] | or stories about their life? | 或是讲述人生故事之类的 |
[08:06] | Cathy will think of something. | 凯西能搞定的 |
[08:08] | Okay. Thanks. | 好了 拜托你了 |
[08:14] | Please don’t get pregnant. | 千万别怀孕 |
[08:17] | 为小凯西而作 你还未经人世 | |
[08:28] | 为小凯西而作 你还未经人世 一切无从得知 | |
[08:39] | Hey, what’s with the fancy muffins? | 哪来的这么多漂亮小蛋糕 |
[08:41] | Yeah, aren’t they great? | 可不是 多漂亮 |
[08:42] | They came in a basket called “Breakfast Mourning.” | 它们来自一个叫”悼念早餐”的篮子 |
[08:44] | Yes, mourning was spelled with a “U.” | 没错 不是”早晨” 是”悼念” |
[08:47] | It’s a bereavement basket. | 这是丧礼 |
[08:48] | Oh, Paul, we can’t eat these. | 保罗 我们不能吃 |
[08:49] | These are for Sean and Rebecca. | 这些是给肖恩和丽贝卡的 |
[08:51] | Nope, they’re for us. | 不 这些是给我们的 |
[08:53] | Well, they’re for me, since I’m the grieving widower. | 准确的说是给我这个悲伤的鳏夫的 |
[08:56] | What are you saying? | 你在胡说什么 |
[09:01] | Cathy Tolke died | 凯西·特尔克 |
[09:03] | on Thanksgiving. | 于感恩节辞世 |
[09:05] | Gone to a kinder place. | 不必再历困苦 |
[09:08] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[09:10] | At least the widower will not go hungry. | 至少我这个鳏夫不会挨饿了 |
[09:12] | Oh, Jee– why did Sean do this? | 肖恩干嘛这样做 |
[09:14] | What was he thinking? | 他在想些什么啊 |
[09:16] | He couldn’t pay for the extra line, “not my sister, | 难道没钱再加上一行 “不是我姐姐 |
[09:19] | the embryo I was gonna name after my sister”? | 而是我那用她名字命名的胎儿”吗 |
[09:21] | Good news is, we’re extremely popular. | 好消息是 我们相当受欢迎 |
[09:24] | We’ve already gotten 30 condolence cards. | 我们已经收到三十张慰问卡了 |
[09:27] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[09:30] | Who died? | 谁死了 |
[09:32] | Me. | 我 |
[09:42] | Hey, you want something to eat? | 你想吃点什么吗 |
[09:43] | No, no…not until I take this fucker apart. | 不想 等我把这贵的要死的破玩意儿 |
[09:46] | $10 nut by $20 bolt. | 拆个稀巴烂再说 |
[09:49] | Do you want a xanax, maybe. | 你想来点镇静剂吗 |
[09:50] | No, I don’t want any xanax. | 不 我不要什么镇静剂 |
[09:53] | And if anybody needs some help, it’s you. | 需要帮助的人是你才对 |
[09:55] | I mean, look at you, Rebecca. | 看看你的样子 丽贝卡 |
[09:56] | I’ve seen you more upset | 我看你还没有 |
[09:58] | when someone stole your parking space. | 被人抢了车位那回难过 |
[10:01] | I’m trying to see the positive, Sean. | 我在试着乐观一点 肖恩 |
[10:03] | I didn’t think I could even get pregnant. | 我从没想到我还能怀上 |
[10:05] | Oh, well, congratulations to you. | 那真是恭喜你了 |
[10:10] | I’m going back to work tomorrow. | 我明天就回去工作 |
[10:12] | I’m feeling kind of cooped up here. | 这里快把我闷死了 |
[10:14] | Well, it’s your loss. | 那是你的损失 |
[10:15] | I’m gonna have a changing table bonfire tomorrow. | 我明天要火烧婴儿床 |
[11:01] | This feels nice. | 这种感觉不错 |
[11:06] | Feels pretty fuckin’ weird to me. | 我觉得太他妈的诡异了 |
[11:09] | We got a fetus funeral this afternoon, | 我们下午要为一个胎儿举行葬礼 |
[11:11] | and this is how you want to spend your morning, | 你却打算把一早上花在这 |
[11:14] | looking at burial plots? | 参观墓地 |
[11:17] | You’re a death junkie. | 你对死亡着迷了 |
[11:18] | No, I just–I just want us to decide | 不 我只是想和你讨论一下 |
[11:20] | where we want to be. | 我们要葬在哪里 |
[11:21] | This is the perfect time to do it– | 这是个绝佳的时机 |
[11:23] | while we’re both still here | 我们都还健在 |
[11:24] | and can make a rational decision. | 可以做出理智的决定 |
[11:27] | People do crazy things in grief. | 人悲痛的时候会失去理智 |
[11:29] | Look at Rebecca. | 看看丽贝卡 |
[11:33] | Switch with me. | 跟我换个边 |
[11:45] | There, now you’re looking at my good side for eternity. | 这样你就能永远看到我好的一面 |
[11:52] | When you come visit me here, | 当你来这里看我时 |
[11:54] | and you will come visit me, | 你必须来看我 |
[11:58] | I want you to always imagine me blowing kisses. | 我希望你总会想象我给你一个香吻 |
[12:00] | Death junkie. | 死亡着迷 |
[12:04] | We should take this. | 我们该拿下这里 |
[12:07] | Honey… | 亲爱的… |
[12:08] | my–my feet are higher than my head. | 我脚那边比头这里高 |
[12:11] | I’m looking at a guy named Alfonso P. Dick. | 我正对着一个叫阿方索·帕·迪克的人 |
[12:14] | If this is forever, | 为了长远之计 |
[12:15] | I think we gotta dream a little bigger. | 我觉得我们该要个更好点的地方 |
[12:18] | I’d love to have a plot in the full sun. | 我想被埋在阳光充足的地方 |
[12:22] | Wouldn’t that be awesome? | 听起来是不是很棒 |
[12:24] | Just to lie in the sun forever and not have it kill you? | 永远享受阳光的沐浴而不会因此而死 |
[12:28] | It’s so ironic. | 真讽刺 |
[12:30] | But…shady and uneven is what we can afford. | 但是 我们只买得起阴暗坑洼的地方 |
[12:35] | Hope Mr.Dick isn’t a snorer. | 希望迪克先生不要打鼾 |
[12:41] | Adam! Over here, you koc! | 亚当 过来呀 傻逼 |
[12:50] | Wait, you’re Poppy? | 等等 你就是波比 |
[12:52] | Poppy P. Kowalski. | 波比·帕·科瓦斯基 |
[12:55] | The middle “P” Is for “Pamela.” | 帕是帕梅拉的缩写 |
[12:56] | Ew, right? | 很恶 对吧 |
[12:58] | You’re old. | 你是个老人了 |
[12:59] | Thanks, bitch. | 谢了 小毒舌 |
[13:00] | But your name is “Poppy17.” | 但你的网名是”波比17″ |
[13:03] | Yeah, it’s for the Janis Ian song. | 对呀 这是珍妮斯伊安的歌名 |
[13:05] | Who? | 谁 |
[13:06] | It’s awesome. I’ll play it for you sometime. | 很酷的歌 改天我弹给你听 |
[13:07] | I gotta–I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[13:09] | Dude, you just got here! | 小弟 你才刚过来啊 |
[13:10] | I don’t know what kind of twisted game you play, | 我不知道你在玩什么鬼把戏 |
[13:13] | trolling around on a kids with sick parents website, | 在癌患子女的网站上转悠 |
[13:15] | but it’s not cool. | 但这一点都不好玩 |
[13:21] | My dad has lung cancer. | 我爸爸得了肺癌 |
[13:24] | So I’m a kid with a sick parent too. | 所以我也是癌患子女 |
[13:28] | So you don’t get to be the only one around here who’s fucked up. | 你可别想自称是这里唯一悲催的人 |
[13:30] | Who says I’m fucked up? | 谁说我悲催 |
[13:32] | Well, that’s what you’re gonna be | 待会打游戏的时候 |
[13:33] | when I beat your ass in this game. | 被我一虐你就是了 |
[13:43] | Whatever you’re about to say, don’t. | 你待会什么都不要说 |
[13:47] | Remember, this is the act of a grieving woman. | 记住 这是一个女人悲痛的表现 |
[13:50] | Rebecca. | 丽贝卡 |
[13:51] | Hey, it looks lovely. | 礼服真好看 |
[13:53] | It is funeral-tastic. | 绝妙的丧服 |
[13:55] | – Thanks. – Really. | -谢谢 -真的 |
[13:56] | Have you seen Sean? He’s gone awol. | 你们看到肖恩了吗 他一声不吭就跑了 |
[13:58] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:59] | Just, um, remember, | 你就记住 |
[14:01] | your eulogy comes after his remarks. | 他致辞后你要念悼词 |
[14:03] | – I want everything to flow– – Oh, my God. | -我希望所有安排都顺… -天啊 |
[14:05] | – Julie? – You’re alive! | -朱莉 -你还活着 |
[14:09] | Ohh! I saw the announcement and I thought– | 我看到那个讣告 我还以为… |
[14:12] | Oh, no! No, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 不是我 |
[14:14] | Didn’t have funeral information in the obit. | 葬礼信息不是写在讣告里的吗 |
[14:16] | Oh, well, I found it online. | 我是在网上看到的 |
[14:17] | – I went wide on twitter. – You what? | -我公布在推特上了 -你干嘛了 |
[14:19] | This funeral is of my unborn child, Cathy Tolke. | 这是我夭折的孩子凯西·特尔克的葬礼 |
[14:24] | Rebecca miscarried. | 丽贝卡流产了 |
[14:26] | Ohh. Uh, I’m so sorry. | 啊 我很遗憾 |
[14:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:29] | When I miscarried, I planted a tree. | 我流产的时候 种了一棵树 |
[14:30] | Well, I didn’t want to plant a god damn tree. | 我可不想种什么见鬼的树 |
[14:32] | Julie was on my high school swim team. | 朱莉是我高中游泳队的队友 |
[14:34] | Cathy! | 凯西 |
[14:36] | Oh, you’re all here! | 你们都来啦 |
[14:42] | We rented a van. | 我们租了辆货车 |
[14:44] | Oh, please tell me lead-foot Lisa didn’t drive! | 拜托别告诉我是”飙车王”丽莎开的车 |
[14:46] | You know, this is a funeral. | 要知道 这可是场葬礼 |
[14:49] | It isn’t T.G.I. Friday’s at happy hour. | 而不是在星期五餐厅共享欢乐 |
[14:52] | Could you all just bring it down a little bit? | 你们能稍微小点儿声吗 |
[14:54] | Rebecca, they’re– | 丽贝卡 他们 |
[14:57] | they’re just happy I’m not dead. | 他们只是很高兴我还活着 |
[14:58] | All right. I’m gonna check on the buffet. | 好吧 我去看看自助餐准备的如何 |
[15:06] | I’m at my own funeral. | 我在参加我自己的葬礼 |
[15:08] | A-and it’s very nice. | 而且还是个不错的葬礼 |
[15:10] | Everything’s so pink. | 一切都完美极了 |
[15:13] | Whoa, three in a row. Take that, sucker. | 连赢三局 认输吧 笨蛋 |
[15:15] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[15:16] | This game’s from, like, the ’80s. | 这游戏差不多是八十年代的了 |
[15:18] | It’s for old people. | 上了年纪的人才玩得转 |
[15:19] | – Sorry. – Uh! Whatever. Please. | -不好意思 -拜托 这没什么大不了 |
[15:22] | How old are you, anyway? | 你到底多大了 |
[15:25] | My shrink says I act like I’m 14. | 我的心理医生说我像个十四岁小孩 |
[15:26] | I’m like, “I can drive, so take that.” | 我跟他说 “反正姐能开车就行” |
[15:29] | Yeah, I hate shrinks. | 我明白 我讨厌心理医生 |
[15:31] | Oh, my God, me too. | 天哪 我也是 |
[15:32] | You know, like, we don’t have enough people | 你知道 就好像整天盯着我们的人 |
[15:34] | already staring at us. | 还不够多似的 |
[15:35] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[15:36] | I mean, it’s not our fault | 我是说 我们的父母得了癌症 |
[15:37] | our parents got cancer. | 又不是我们的错 |
[15:39] | Jesus, it’s so fucking random! | 天杀的 这都他妈是随机的 |
[15:42] | Why us? | 但为什么是我们 |
[15:43] | Might want to, um, use your inside voice. | 你也许应该用说悄悄话的音量 |
[15:46] | Can I tell you a secret? | 让我告诉你个秘密吧 |
[15:48] | I don’t have an inside voice! | 我从不说悄悄话 |
[15:55] | Shit, um… | 该死 |
[15:59] | I have this crazy funeral thing to go to | 我得去参加一个疯狂的葬礼 |
[16:01] | for my uncle’s miscarriage. | 我舅舅的孩子夭折了 |
[16:02] | Oh, shut up. That’s awesome. | 不是吧 听着挺好玩的 |
[16:04] | Can I come? | 我能和你一起去吗 |
[16:05] | – To a funeral? – Yeah. | -去参加葬礼吗 -对啊 |
[16:06] | I don’t even wanna go. | 我自己都不想去 |
[16:08] | Exactly–you need a koc buddy. | 那就对了 你需要个傻逼战友壮壮胆 |
[16:09] | We should test drive this death thing. | 我们应该试试这辆死亡之车 |
[16:12] | I have to tell you, for a dead woman, | 我不得不说 作为已死之人 |
[16:14] | you look really awesome. | 你的气色真不错 |
[16:15] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:16] | I’m–I’m so sorry you came all this way. | 实在抱歉 让你们大老远地跑来 |
[16:19] | Oh, are you kidding? | 你说什么呢 |
[16:20] | I would have flown in from anywhere. | 不管在哪儿 我飞也要飞过来 |
[16:21] | You were a really good friend, Cathy. | 你以前对朋友那么好 凯西 |
[16:24] | I remember this one day, senior year, | 我记得在高中的最后一年 有一天 |
[16:27] | I was crying in the cafeteria, | 我在餐厅里哭 |
[16:29] | and you were the only one who stopped | 只有你一个人停下来 |
[16:30] | and asked what was wrong. | 问我怎么了 |
[16:31] | I’d just gotten into Carlton College. | 那时 我刚被卡尔顿大学录取 |
[16:33] | And I really, really wanted to go. | 我也非常非常想去 |
[16:35] | But my boyfriend was going to U. Minn, | 但是我男朋友要去明尼苏达大学 |
[16:37] | and I knew it would be over with him unless I went too. | 我知道若我不跟他去 我俩铁定玩儿完 |
[16:39] | And do you remember what you said? | 还记得你跟我说了什么吗 |
[16:42] | “U. Minn, that’s a crappy football team.” | “明尼苏达大学的足球队烂透了” |
[16:44] | No, no. | 不是 不是 |
[16:45] | No, you said, “Don’t delay the happy.” | 你跟我说”着眼当下 及时行乐” |
[16:49] | That’s good advice. | 不错的建议啊 |
[16:51] | It was great advice. | 相当好的建议才对 |
[16:52] | I went to Carlton, forgot all about Matt, | 我去了卡尔顿读书 把马特抛在脑后 |
[16:54] | and had an amazing time. | 在那里过得非常快乐 |
[16:56] | And met my husband. | 还遇到了我丈夫 |
[16:57] | Oh, well, that’s terrific. | 那太棒了 |
[16:59] | I love that story. | 我喜欢这个故事 |
[17:01] | So…thank you, Cathy. | 所以 我要谢谢你 凯西 |
[17:06] | I do not remember one bit of that story. | 那件事我一点儿印象都没有 |
[17:10] | I am such an asshole. | 我真是个混蛋 |
[17:11] | An asshole who gives great advice. | 一个能给别人好建议的混蛋 |
[17:15] | – Cathy? – Hey. | -凯西 -你好 |
[17:18] | – You’re alive? – She is! | -你还活着啊 -她还活着 |
[17:21] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[17:24] | Oh, Paulie. | 保小罗 |
[17:25] | Oh, Paulie, I’m so, so sorry. | 保小罗 我真是太太难过了 |
[17:28] | I’m totally here for you. | 我会全身心地支持你的 |
[17:30] | No…Cathy didn’t die. | 不 凯西没死 |
[17:32] | What? | 你说什么 |
[17:34] | Huge mix-up. | 这是个天大的误会 |
[17:36] | She’s alive and kicking. | 她还活蹦乱跳的 |
[17:37] | See? Right here. | 看见没 就在那儿 |
[17:44] | Wow. Well, great news. | 那可 真是个好消息 |
[17:45] | Right. | 可不是 |
[17:46] | Ain’t that a kick in the head, huh? | 这可真是出其不意啊 是吧 |
[17:49] | Like a zombie movie. | 就像僵尸电影里演的那样 |
[17:52] | Heh, so, um… | 那么 呃 |
[17:53] | Well, there’s an open bar with my name all over it. | 那边的小吧台在深情呼唤我 |
[17:56] | So…I’ll drink to that. | 我就 借酒消愁吧 |
[17:58] | Oh, but, um… | 但是 |
[18:01] | If you’re really hungry, there’s some | 如果你很饿的话 |
[18:02] | terrific California rolls right over the– | 那边有超赞的加州卷 就在 |
[18:08] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[18:11] | Hi, honey. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[18:14] | Hi! | 你好 |
[18:16] | I’m Cathy. I’m Adam’s mom. | 我是凯西 亚当的妈妈 |
[18:17] | Oh, my gosh, hi. I’m Poppy. | 天啊 你好 我是波比 |
[18:19] | Your son is total awesomeness. | 你儿子棒极了 |
[18:22] | Yes. Yes, he is. | 是啊 没错 |
[18:24] | And how do you know his awesomeness? | 你是怎么知道他的好的 |
[18:26] | Uh, we met online. | 我们是网友 |
[18:27] | What? | 什么 |
[18:28] | At a chat room for kids… | 有个癌患子女的聊天室 |
[18:30] | with parents who have cancer. | 我们在那认识的 |
[18:33] | You have cancer? | 你得了癌症 |
[18:34] | No, silly. | 才不是 |
[18:35] | I’m the kid. | 我是患者的孩子 |
[18:37] | Who’s about to get some free food. | 正准备去白吃白喝 |
[18:42] | I don’t understand. | 我看不太懂 |
[18:44] | It’s a computer program | 这是个电脑程序 |
[18:45] | where you can put two faces together. | 你可以把两个人的脸结合起来 |
[18:47] | And see what your baby would look like. | 然后就能知道你们孩子长什么样 |
[18:48] | This child looks like an old man. | 这个小孩看起来像老人 |
[18:50] | I am uncomfortable. | 看得我很不舒服 |
[18:54] | Maybe they are just friends. | 可能他们只是朋友而已 |
[18:56] | You know? May not be a bad thing | 这也不是什么坏事 |
[18:57] | for Adam to have someone to hang around with, | 亚当能有个和他经历相似的人 |
[18:59] | who’s going through the same shit; I don’t know. | 陪他度过难关 我觉得是好事 |
[19:01] | Paul, she’s practically my age. | 保罗 她都能有我这岁数了 |
[19:03] | So? So what? | 那又怎么样 |
[19:04] | I had an older friend when I was growing up. | 我青春期的时候也有年龄大的朋友啊 |
[19:06] | You know, she was an artist. | 她是个艺术家 |
[19:07] | I was 16. She was 40. | 我十六 她四十 |
[19:10] | We used to hang around talking about Rothko. | 我们也经常出去玩 讨论一下罗斯科什么的 |
[19:12] | Okay, maybe I saw her boob-a-rellas like once. | 好吧 我承认瞄过一眼她的酥乳 |
[19:15] | Twice, maybe. | 也可能是两眼 |
[19:16] | Will you tell your friends | 你能不能跟你朋友说说 |
[19:18] | to stop hogging the photo booth? | 别霸着自助照相亭了 |
[19:21] | Didn’t you want people to enjoy it? | 你不是想让大家享受拍照的乐趣吗 |
[19:22] | Well, sure, the right people. | 没错 但不是给那帮人的 |
[19:23] | The people who are here for my loss, | 是给那些来这慰问我的人用的 |
[19:25] | not your loss. | 而不是慰问你的人 |
[19:26] | You’re totally hijacking my funeral. | 你简直就是抢走了我的葬礼 |
[19:28] | Actually, Rebecca… | 事实上 丽贝卡 |
[19:30] | You’re hijacking mine. | 是你抢走了我的葬礼 |
[19:32] | Yeah, no, you chose to name the baby after me. | 是你非要给宝宝取我的名字的 |
[19:35] | You threw this crazy funeral. | 是你非要举行这个奇怪的葬礼的 |
[19:37] | You put it on twitter. | 你还发到推特上 |
[19:39] | Thanks to you, I’m already dead. | 多亏了你 我现在已经死了 |
[19:41] | Oh, look, I think I’ve been more than supportive, | 我一直都很支持你 |
[19:44] | but I’m the one who’s been really, really sick. | 但是我才是那个快要死了的人 |
[19:46] | This may be my last time to see a lot of these people | 这可能是我最后一次见到这么多熟人 |
[19:49] | who came here…for me. | 他们是为我而来 |
[19:53] | Forget about doing the eulogy. | 你不用念悼词了 |
[19:56] | Rebecca! | 丽贝卡 |
[19:58] | For God’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上 |
[20:01] | Is that “Rugby slut”? | 那不是”橄榄球荡妇”吗 |
[20:03] | Honey, no. No! | 亲爱的 你看错了 |
[20:04] | Jesus! No! | 天啊 别过去 |
[20:08] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[20:10] | – You’re alive. – Ahh. | -你还活着 -是啊 |
[20:12] | Very much so. | 而且活得很好 |
[20:14] | Cathy, I…I don’t want you to worry. | 凯西 我希望你不必担心 |
[20:17] | I…if anything should ever happen to you, | 如果你出了什么事 |
[20:20] | I will totally be there for Paul. | 我会陪着保罗的 |
[20:22] | I’m sure you would. | 我相信你会的 |
[20:24] | Here’s the thing. | 我想说的是 |
[20:27] | I will most likely… go before Paul. | 我应该会走在保罗前面 |
[20:30] | And after I do… | 我死了之后 |
[20:32] | I really, really hope he finds… | 我真心希望他能找到 |
[20:36] | an amazing woman | 一个非常好的女人 |
[20:37] | to live the rest of his life with. | 好好地过他的下半辈子 |
[20:39] | Someone who can… take care of him | 一个能好好照顾他 |
[20:42] | and help Adam. | 并且帮助亚当的女人 |
[20:43] | You are so generous. | 你可真宽宏大量 |
[20:45] | And you are so not that woman. | 但是你还真不是那块料 |
[20:48] | If you so much as lay one french-manicured hand on him | 我死了之后 你要是敢把你的 |
[20:51] | after I’m in the ground, | 淫爪伸向我老公 |
[20:52] | I will claw my way out of the dirt, | 我就从墓里爬出来 |
[20:54] | and I will haunt you | 天天纠缠你 |
[20:55] | the rest of your slutty, drunk life. | 让你放荡迷醉的余生不得安宁 |
[20:58] | Hello! Is this on? | 大家好 这个开了吗 |
[21:01] | Sorry to interrupt your little festival of denial. | 抱歉打扰了你们自欺欺人的盛典 |
[21:04] | But, um… | 但是 |
[21:06] | I just wanted to say fuck you very much, U.S. of “A.” | 我只想说 操你妈的美国 |
[21:10] | Now, you can’t tell us | 你没资格告诉我们 |
[21:12] | who deserves to be shackled | 谁该被你那 |
[21:13] | by your, um, your authoritarian system of identity. | 独断专行的身份系统所禁锢 |
[21:19] | Baby Cathy is gonna live forever. | 小凯西将永垂不朽 |
[21:25] | Right here! | 就在这 |
[21:27] | That’s awesome. | 真酷 |
[21:30] | Sayonara, suckers! | 再见了 平庸之辈 |
[21:32] | Sean, come on. Come back. | 肖恩 回来 |
[21:33] | Don’t…Oh, oh, please don’t go. | 别 别走 |
[21:36] | Oh, guys… | 朋友们 |
[21:39] | P-please don’t go, everyone. | 请别走 |
[21:40] | We…we have sushi for days. | 我们有无限量寿司供应 |
[21:47] | Y-you… | 你…你们 |
[21:48] | I-if… | 如…如果 |
[21:52] | It’s okay, I got it. | 没事 我来 |
[21:57] | I just…I wanted to say, um… | 我只是想说 |
[22:01] | You know, I’m…I’m… | 你们知道的 我… |
[22:03] | I’m very lucky to… | 我很幸运 |
[22:05] | to be alive to…to see you all | 还能活着…见到你们 |
[22:08] | and to hear what I meant to you. | 听到你们告诉我 我有多重要 |
[22:12] | You shouldn’t wait until someone dies | 不要等到某人死后 |
[22:13] | to tell them how you feel. | 才告诉他你的感受 |
[22:15] | So thank you. | 所以 谢谢大家 |
[22:16] | I love you all. | 我爱你们每个人 |
[22:18] | But most of all, I… | 但是 我最想感谢的 |
[22:24] | I’d like to thank baby Cathy. | 我最想感谢的是小凯西 |
[22:29] | This baby didn’t even get a chance to live, | 这个宝宝都没有机会体验人生 |
[22:32] | and she affected all of us. | 可她却影响了我们所有人 |
[22:34] | She… | 她 |
[22:37] | she gave my brother a chance, | 她给我弟弟一个机会 |
[22:39] | even for a little while, | 哪怕转瞬即逝 |
[22:42] | to be really, really happy. | 去享受无与伦比的快乐 |
[22:45] | And she brought out this beautiful, maternal… | 而且她让她冷漠强硬的妈妈 |
[22:49] | side of her tough-ass mother I had never seen before. | 焕发出我从未得见的美好母性 |
[22:54] | And she brought all of you here today for me. | 而且她帮我把你们都聚集在这里 |
[22:58] | What a gift. | 她真是上天的恩赐 |
[23:01] | Life is so precious, and it’s way too fucking short. | 生命如此珍贵 可它又那么短暂 |
[23:06] | So… | 所以 |
[23:08] | Don’t delay the happy. | 着眼当下 及时行乐 |
[23:12] | And thank you, baby Cathy, | 谢谢你 小凯西 |
[23:14] | for reminding us all of this. | 是你提醒了我们 |
[23:18] | To baby Cathy. | 敬小凯西 |
[23:34] | You Americans throw nice funerals. | 你们美国人很会办葬礼 |
[23:36] | In Ukraine, we say one prayer, | 在乌克兰 我们做一遍祷告 |
[23:38] | we throw you on the ground and get drunk. | 把死者埋了 然后喝个酩酊大醉 |
[23:42] | I’m just glad it’s over. | 我很高兴葬礼就这样结束了 |
[23:43] | And that we didn’t have to look at some corpse. | 没有遗体告别这个环节 |
[23:46] | When I saw my grandma laid out in her coffin, | 当我看见我祖母躺在棺材里 |
[23:48] | all waxy, | 身上涂满了蜡 |
[23:50] | I had nightmares for, like, a month. | 我做了大约一个月的噩梦 |
[23:52] | I never need to see another dead body | 我一辈子都再也不想 |
[23:53] | for the rest of my life, thank you very much. | 看见任何死人了 谢天谢地 |
[23:56] | Don’t turn around. | 不要转身 |
[23:57] | What? What? | 什么 有什么东西 |
[23:59] | There might be a deceased behind you. | 你身后可能有具尸体 |
[24:01] | Oh, shit, shit. I feel it. | 讨厌 讨厌 我能感觉到 |
[24:03] | Look at me. Look at me. | 看着我 看着我 |
[24:04] | Look me in the eyes. | 看着我的眼睛 |
[24:06] | It will be over soon. | 马上就好了 |
[24:08] | I will protect you. | 我会保护你的 |
[24:14] | You got nice eyes, Ukraine. | 你的眼眸真迷人 乌克兰小伙 |
[24:17] | Because they’re looking at you. | 因为它们正凝视着你 |
[24:20] | Damn. | 讨厌 |
[24:21] | Death makes me horny. | 死亡什么的让我饥渴难耐 |
[24:30] | Thanks for inviting me to your mom’s funeral, you koc. | 谢谢你邀请我参加你妈妈的葬礼 傻逼 |
[24:32] | You’re weird. | 你真是怪人 |
[24:34] | I know I am, but what are you? | 我很清楚 不过你是什么呢 |
[24:35] | – I’m awesome. – You’re awesome, dude! | -我是酷哥 -你是挺酷的 哥们 |
[24:37] | I know! | 当然喽 |
[24:44] | I really sort of enjoyed your faux funeral. | 我在你这场伪葬礼上还真挺开心的 |
[24:47] | It set the bar pretty high. | 这标准定得够高的 |
[24:48] | Say what you want, but… | 随你怎么说 不过 |
[24:51] | Rebecca kind of got it right. | 貌似丽贝卡是对的 |
[24:53] | I mean, if you’re gonna go, go big. | 我是说 如果人走了 就大办一场 |
[24:55] | It’s your grand finale. Why scrimp? | 这是你的压轴演出 还省什么啊 |
[25:01] | Can I meet you in the car? | 你到车里等我好吗 |
[25:02] | I just gotta do one quick thing. | 我有点儿事 马上就好 |
[25:09] | I want the best burial plot that you have. | 我要定你们最好的墓地 |
[25:12] | Full sun… | 阳光充足 |
[25:14] | Level ground… | 地面平坦 |
[25:16] | The more sun, the better. | 阳光越明媚越好 |
[25:18] | Consider this a down payment. | 这个就当作预付定金 |
[25:21] | Very good. | 没问题 |
[25:30] | It’s open! | 门没锁 |
[25:39] | That was a nice speech. | 演讲棒极了 |
[25:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:44] | I’m sorry about my friends. | 我为我的朋友表示歉意 |
[25:50] | Do you think… | 你觉得 |
[25:51] | that we would be friends if we met now? | 如果我们现在认识的话 会成为朋友吗 |
[25:54] | You know, as adults? | 你懂的 以成人的身份 |
[25:58] | Honestly, I don’t know. | 坦白说 我不知道 |
[26:01] | Maybe we peaked in our 20s. | 也许我们二十多岁时是友谊的顶点 |
[26:03] | Maybe we should have left well enough alone. | 或许我们应该封存那时的美好 |
[26:05] | We had great memories. | 毕竟我们有过那么多回忆 |
[26:08] | Would you and I even be hanging out | 如果我没有怀上你弟弟的孩子 |
[26:09] | if I wasn’t carrying your brother’s baby or… | 我们还会经常聚在一起吗 |
[26:12] | would he and I still be together? | 或者 他还会和我在一起吗 |
[26:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:18] | Wait, are you leaving? | 等等 你要离开吗 |
[26:24] | I think that Sean and I… | 我觉得肖恩和我 |
[26:26] | both need somebody to take care of us right now. | 现在都需要别人来照顾 |
[26:30] | And neither one of us is up for it. | 而我们两个都没有准备好 |
[26:31] | So…I’m going back to Chicago. | 所以 我要回芝加哥了 |
[26:34] | Spend some time alone, you know? | 一个人静一静 你明白的 |
[26:47] | Take care of Sean. | 照顾好肖恩 |
[26:48] | Okay. | 好吗 |
[26:51] | He ran off before I even had a chance | 我还没找到机会和他谈谈 |
[26:53] | to talk him, so… | 他就跑掉了 所以 |
[26:56] | Rebecca, I’m so sorry about the baby. | 丽贝卡 宝宝的事我真的很遗憾 |
[27:05] | I should have planted a tree. | 我应该种棵纪念树 |
[27:22] | Just rock her. | 轻轻摇她 |
[27:24] | Let her know you’re there. | 让她知道你在这里 |