时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on The Big C… | |
[00:02] | You’re failing chemistry? | 你化学挂科了? |
[00:04] | Over my dead body are you not graduating on time. | 除非我死 你必须按时毕业 |
[00:07] | Here you go, guys. | 看着 小伙子们 |
[00:09] | Jeez. | 天啊 |
[00:10] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[00:11] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样? |
[00:12] | I just have my next round of chemo in four days. | 我下次化疗在四天后 |
[00:14] | I hate feeling bad all the time. | 我讨厌一直难受 |
[00:21] | I can’t pollute, I give a hoot. | 我要环保 我按车铃 |
[00:23] | So I made the bartering deal of the century, | 我达成了世纪之最的物物交易 |
[00:25] | and I got us this pedicab. | 我给咱俩找了辆三轮车 |
[00:28] | Lydia is your new tutor. | 莉迪亚是你的新家教 |
[00:29] | I’ll try to make this a painless process. | 我尽力让你不那么痛苦 |
[00:32] | Tell me about college life. | 跟我讲讲大学生活 |
[00:33] | I’m just not feeling it yet. | 我觉得火候没到 |
[00:35] | Do you wanna move back here? | 你想搬回来住吗? |
[00:37] | Paul asked me for a divorce | 我在波多黎加晕倒前 |
[00:39] | before I passed out in Puerto Rico. | 保罗想和我离婚 |
[00:40] | So the way I see it, he’s just waiting | 我觉得他打算等我死了 |
[00:41] | for me to die to move on, | 就开始新生活 |
[00:43] | which on some level, I respect. | 某种程度上 我挺感激 |
[00:44] | But then, he wants me to stay positive, so I’ll live. | 但他又让我心态积极 努力生活 |
[00:48] | I think I need to quit chemo. | 我想放弃化疗 |
[00:50] | Would that be okay with you? | 你同意吗? |
[01:59] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[02:02] | Do I look like a Dixie chick? | 像不像南方小鸡乐队的? |
[02:03] | I’d say chick-esque. | 有小妞的感觉 |
[02:06] | I mean, it’s so sad. | 我是说 很伤感 |
[02:07] | I bought this, I never even wore it once. | 买了之后从来没戴过 |
[02:09] | That’s why I collect experiences over things. | 所以我从物品上收集回忆 |
[02:11] | Yeah, I’m worried you’re collecting mites. | 是 我怀疑你收集的是螨虫 |
[02:13] | How long till you shave that thing? | 你什么时候刮胡子? |
[02:15] | It’s my completely organic, | 这是我完全有机的 |
[02:17] | semi-permanent winter neck warmer. | 半永久的冬日围脖 |
[02:20] | So no time soon. | 所以才不要刮呢 |
[02:21] | Fine, keep the beard, | 好吧 留着胡子 |
[02:23] | but I want you to do something for me. | 但是帮我做件事 |
[02:25] | My dermatologist. | 我的皮肤科医生 |
[02:27] | Make an appointment, get yourself checked out. | 先预约 检查一下身体 |
[02:29] | And before you go on some diatribe | 先别着急抨击 |
[02:30] | about how much you hate the medical institution, | 你厌恶的医疗制度 |
[02:33] | just consider how much it would mean to me | 确保你不用经历 |
[02:35] | to know that you won’t be going through | 我现在经历的 |
[02:36] | what I’m going through. | 这对我很重要 |
[02:38] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑一下 |
[02:41] | What blew up in here? | 这刮台风了? |
[02:42] | Spring cleaning. | 春季扫除 |
[02:44] | – It’s November. – Yeah, well… | – 现在十一月 – 好吧 |
[02:47] | I have so much energy since I stopped chemo, | 我停了化疗之后精力旺盛 |
[02:49] | and I don’t wanna leave all this stuff | 我不想把这些事情 |
[02:51] | for you and dad to deal with, so… | 留给你和你爸处理 所以 |
[02:53] | – Wanna help? – that’s tempting, | – 想帮忙吗? – 想啊 |
[02:55] | but I have school… unless you want me to quit. | 但我得去上学 除非你同意我辍学 |
[02:57] | No, you go to school. | 不行 你去上学 |
[02:59] | – W… when is that chemistry test? – It’s on Friday. | – 化学考试在什么时候? – 星期五 |
[03:01] | And I’m meeting with Lydia later. | 我等会儿要见莉迪亚 |
[03:03] | I like that tutor chick of yours. | 我喜欢你的家教 |
[03:04] | She’s got that whole nerdy geisha thing going on. | 她很有呆呆的艺妓范儿 |
[03:07] | my Hermes scarf. | 我的爱马仕围巾 |
[03:10] | Hermes, for real? | 爱马仕 真品吗? |
[03:13] | Yeah. It was a gift from these rich parents | 是的 有钱的学生家长 |
[03:15] | of one of my students. | 送我的礼物 |
[03:17] | It always made me feel just so Jackie O. | 让我有肯尼迪夫人的感觉 |
[03:21] | I doubt Jackie O pranced around like that. | 肯尼迪夫人肯定不这样神气活现 |
[03:24] | look, don’t you laugh. | 别笑啦 |
[03:26] | You wore this almost as much as I did. | 你戴的次数不比我少 |
[03:27] | – What, no… no, I didn’t. – Yes, you did. | – 什么 才没有 – 有的 |
[03:29] | – girl. – You called it your “flag tie.” | – 好娘 – 你把它叫做”旗帜领带” |
[03:31] | You used to… you used to love to rub the silk | 你曾经很喜欢拿它 |
[03:34] | against your “wittle” nose. | 擦你的小鼻子 |
[03:35] | I was probably just rubbing away a booger | 也许我就是用它擦鼻屎 |
[03:37] | – or something. – Okay. | – 或者其他东西 – 好吧 |
[03:38] | Do me a favor and put that out in the car. | 帮我把它放到车里 |
[03:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:41] | Has anybody seen my green dress shirt? | 有人看到我的绿色礼服衬衫了吗? |
[03:42] | I wanna wear it in Detroit. | 我想穿它去底特律 |
[03:43] | See ya, dad. Love you. | 再见 老爸 我爱你 |
[03:44] | Take care of your mom, buddy. | 照顾好你妈 儿子 |
[03:45] | – I’ll see you in a couple days. – Okay. | – 过几天见 – 好的 |
[03:47] | Amber claims to have picked it up | 安柏说她去度假之前 |
[03:50] | from the dry cleaner before she went on vacation, | 把它从干洗店取回来了 |
[03:52] | but I can’t find it. | 但我找不到了 |
[03:53] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[03:55] | Will this work? | 这件怎么样? |
[03:57] | For my radio show, maybe. | 穿去广播站 也许吧 |
[03:58] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[04:00] | Is this what I think it is? | 这该不会是 |
[04:04] | God, I was so skinny. | 天啊 我那时真瘦 |
[04:08] | I remember that. | 我还记得 |
[04:10] | I bet I could get good money for this. | 我猜这能卖不少钱 |
[04:12] | You can’t throw this away. | 你不能扔掉它 |
[04:13] | Says the woman who burned | 这话可不像是在垃圾箱里 |
[04:15] | her matrimonial frock in a trash can. | 烧掉结婚礼服女人说的 |
[04:17] | I did it to erase a bad memory. | 我是为了抹除糟糕的回忆 |
[04:19] | Is that why you wanna do it, Cath? | 你也是为了这个吗 凯西? |
[04:21] | – To erase a bad memory? – No. | – 抹除糟糕的回忆? – 不是 |
[04:24] | No, I’ll always have the memories. | 不是 我会永远记得 |
[04:26] | I’ll always have the pictures. | 我永远保留照片 |
[04:27] | It’s just… I mean, I don’t need the dress. | 但是 我不需要裙子了 |
[04:29] | It’s just clothes. | 这些只是衣服而已 |
[04:31] | Hey, I happen to be basing an entire career | 我的职业生涯就和 |
[04:33] | on “just clothes.” | “只是衣服”有关 |
[04:34] | Now if you’ll excuse me, | 说起来 正好 |
[04:36] | I have to turn in some “just clothes” designs | 我要上交一些”只是衣服”的设计 |
[04:39] | to sir Isaac Mizrahi. | 给埃塞克 米兹瓦赫爵士 |
[04:40] | your teacher’s a knight? | 你的老师是贵族? |
[04:42] | – No, he’s fashion royalty. – Damn straight. | – 不 他是时尚贵族 – 说的是 |
[04:44] | He’s my visiting Professor this semester. | 他是这学期的客座教授 |
[04:47] | Safe flight. | 一路平安 |
[04:48] | – See ya, love. – Bye, Paulie. | – 再见 亲爱的 – 再见 保罗 |
[04:50] | See ya, buddy. | 再见 老兄 |
[04:54] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[04:57] | Do you think you’ll get married again? | 你会再婚吗? |
[05:00] | Why would you ask me that? | 为什么问这个? |
[05:03] | Just wondering, that’s all. | 就是好奇 |
[05:05] | don’t. | 别好奇 |
[05:07] | It’s morbid. | 这很奇怪 |
[05:12] | I think you should. | 我觉得你该再婚 |
[05:14] | Despite our conflict resolution issues, | 尽管我们想法有冲突 |
[05:17] | you’re good married. | 婚姻适合你 |
[05:19] | You’re good and morbid. | 你很好 但很奇怪 |
[05:21] | I will see you on Friday. | 星期五见 |
[05:34] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[05:36] | This is a great top. | 这件上衣很不错 |
[05:39] | I just… I love all the little flowers. | 我很喜欢这些小花 |
[05:45] | Only worn once. | 只穿过一次 |
[05:48] | I can take these. | 这些我能收 |
[05:53] | And the rest, you can have back. | 剩下的你拿回去吧 |
[05:55] | I don’t want them back. | 我不想拿回去 |
[05:58] | I’m divesting. | 我正在出让 |
[06:00] | So just make me an offer for the whole lot. | 给我个包揽的总价 |
[06:03] | Lowball me, I’ll take it. | 你可以报低价 我能接受 |
[06:04] | I only take what I can sell, doll. | 我只收能卖得出去的 亲 |
[06:06] | Here. | 给 |
[06:09] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[06:10] | There’s some great pieces in here. | 这有不少好东西 |
[06:11] | I mean, look. Honestly, | 看看 说实话 |
[06:12] | people used to stop me on the street | 曾经有人在街上拦住我 |
[06:15] | about this skirt. | 赞美这条裙子 |
[06:16] | And note there’s a… there’s an Hermes scarf. | 而且这里有一条爱马仕围巾 |
[06:21] | – You have an Hermes? – Yeah. | – 你有条爱马仕? – 是的 |
[06:24] | Where is it? | 在哪里? |
[06:26] | I must have dropped it. | 可能掉在哪里了 |
[06:27] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[06:29] | I will donate it. | 我捐了 |
[06:39] | You okay, doll? | 你没事吧 亲? |
[06:43] | I can’t feel my leg. | 我的腿没知觉了 |
[06:46] | He says it’s pressing on my frontal lobe. | 他说我大脑额叶受到挤压 |
[06:49] | It can cause partial paralysis, among other things. | 引发局部瘫痪 还有其他症状 |
[06:52] | Well, what other things? | 还有什么症状? |
[06:54] | I don’t know… behavioral changes, | 不太清楚…大概是行为变化 |
[06:57] | you know, memory loss, judgment. | 失忆 判断力缺失之类的 |
[06:59] | Oh, it sounds like my 20s. | 听起来像是我二十多岁的状态 |
[07:01] | Oh, I don’t remember my 20s. | 哦 我都不记得我的了 |
[07:03] | Well, look, try to remember this. | 听着 试着去记这些 |
[07:05] | Thursday night is “Night of a thousand stars.” | 星期四晚上会是个”繁星之夜” |
[07:07] | I wanna go to the park and watch for falling stars, | 我想去公园看流星 |
[07:10] | like we did when we were kids. | 就像回到我们的童年 |
[07:11] | We were miserable doing that. | 我们当时可痛苦了 |
[07:13] | That’s because mom and dad fought all the time. | 那是因为老爸老妈老吵架 |
[07:15] | But guess what, mom and dad aren’t invited. | 你猜怎么着 我可不邀请老爸老妈来 |
[07:16] | Hey, did you ever call the dermatologist? | 对了 你打电话给皮肤科医生了吗? |
[07:18] | Oh, not yet. | 哦 还没有 |
[07:20] | Look, you do my thing, I’ll do yours. | 听着 你先听我的 我才听你的 |
[07:23] | All right, fine. | 好好 成交 |
[07:26] | Oh, please tell me this isn’t all they have. | 别告诉我他们只卖这货 |
[07:29] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[07:31] | You don’t, by chance, have a cane | 你们有没有那种 |
[07:34] | with a carved wooden bird in it? | 刻着木头小鸟的手杖? |
[07:37] | Yeah, or a serpent head with jewel eyes? | 或者是那种镶着宝石眼的蛇头模样的? |
[07:40] | We don’t sell those here. | 我们这儿不卖这些 |
[07:41] | That is what I’d recommend, very sturdy. | 我推荐那一款 很结实的 |
[07:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:45] | I think we’ll keep looking. | 我们再看看吧 |
[07:49] | I’ll be damned if I’m gonna shuffle around | 要是拄着这种东西 像老奶奶样慢吞吞得晃悠 |
[07:50] | on one of those things like some old ma kettle. | 简直是对我的折磨 |
[07:53] | Oh, it looks like it’s gonna rain. | 看 好像要下雨了 |
[07:54] | Here, I’ll go get the pedi. You have a seat. | 我去修个脚 你先在这坐会 |
[08:00] | Mrs. silvers, your prescription | 苏维尔太太 您的药方开好了 |
[08:01] | is ready for pickup, Mrs. Silvers. | 苏维尔太太 |
[08:05] | Three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[08:08] | – Time. – What? | – 时间到 – 什么? |
[08:10] | No, there’s no way that was 40 minutes. | 不会吧 已经四十分钟了? |
[08:13] | Ugh. | 哎 |
[08:22] | Sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[08:23] | You almost passed this time. | 你这次差点就能过了 |
[08:25] | What? Look, that’s bullshit, okay? | 什么? 胡说 |
[08:27] | There’s no way I can remember all that stuff. | 我怎么记得住这么多东西 |
[08:29] | Acetate is C-2-H-3-O-2-minus | 醋酸盐该写成C-2-H-3-O-2- |
[08:31] | or C-H-3-C-O-O. | 或者C-h-3-C-o-o |
[08:33] | Iron is a group eight metal and therefore a transition element. | 铁是第八族元素 因此也属于过渡金属 |
[08:36] | H-C-2-H-3-O-2 is a weak acid | H-c-2-H-3-O-2是弱酸 |
[08:38] | that partily ionizes in an aqueous solution. | 所以在水溶液中能部分电离 |
[08:41] | And ozone depletion is caused by chlorofluorocarbons, | 臭氧层空洞是氟利昂引起的 |
[08:43] | a set of compounds that contain | 它包含一系列化合物 |
[08:45] | only chlorine, fluorine, carbon, | 只有氯氟碳 |
[08:46] | know collectively as freon. | 才统称为氟利昂 |
[08:48] | Jesus. You’re like a robot. | 天哪 你简直是个机器人 |
[08:50] | How do you remember all this stuff? | 你怎么能记得这么多东西? |
[08:51] | I study a lot. | 靠不断学习 |
[08:53] | Wait, when do you have time to hang out with friends? | 等等 那你什么时候和朋友出去玩呢? |
[08:55] | My mom doesn’t really approve of hanging out. | 我老妈不怎么让我出去玩 |
[08:58] | What, at all? | 不会吧 一点都不让? |
[09:00] | Jesus. I’d go crazy if I couldn’t see my friends. | 天哪 我要是不能见朋友我会抓狂的 |
[09:03] | That’s because you’re popular. | 那是因为你有人气 |
[09:09] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[09:10] | I volunteer at an animal shelter on Tuesday nights. | 每星期二晚上我得在动物之家做志愿 |
[09:13] | That’s awesome. | 不错嘛 |
[09:15] | So you like animals? | 你喜欢小动物? |
[09:16] | No. But I want to get into Harvard. | 不 是因为我想上哈佛 |
[09:19] | I made up some sample test questions. | 我编了点考试例题 |
[09:21] | You might want to stay in tonight and work on ’em. | 你晚上该乖乖呆在家里好好学习了 |
[09:23] | Okay, cool. | 好的 |
[09:25] | Thanks for this… | 谢谢你帮我… |
[09:29] | Shit. | 要命啊 |
[09:31] | So how are you handling your new symptoms? | 你怎么看待新症状的? |
[09:33] | The crazy thing is that, with the exception of my limp, | 神奇的是 除了腿跛了 |
[09:36] | I feel like my old self. | 我觉得还是老样子 |
[09:37] | I mean, you know, it’s funny. | 这事儿真有意思 |
[09:39] | I… now that I stopped trying to get better, | 因为我放弃治疗 |
[09:41] | I feel better. | 我反而感觉更好了 |
[09:42] | So no regrets about stopping treatment? | 所以不后悔停止治疗? |
[09:45] | – None at all. – Mm. | – 一点也不 – 嗯 |
[09:52] | Is that bad? | 这样不好吗? |
[09:54] | Why would that be bad? | 为什么不好呢? |
[09:56] | I don’t want people to feel like I’ve given up. | 我不想让别人觉得我已经放弃了 |
[10:01] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[10:04] | Because I don’t wanna let them down. | 因为我不想让他们失望 |
[10:06] | By dying? | 因为去世? |
[10:10] | By leaving before they’re ready. | 因为没有准备的离开 |
[10:13] | I wanna make sure all my loose ends are tied up. | 我想安排好所有的细枝末节 |
[10:15] | I wanna make sure there’s a plan in place, | 我想保证有个后备的计划 |
[10:17] | so everyone will be okay. | 这样每个人都能平稳得渡过 |
[10:19] | And what about you? | 那你呢? |
[10:21] | – What about me? – Well, you. | – 我? – 嗯 你 |
[10:23] | Where do you fit into this plan? | 你是计划中的哪部分? |
[10:27] | I don’t. | 我不用 |
[10:29] | I mean… | 我的意思是… |
[10:31] | I’m gonna be gone, remember? | 我都快离开了 不是吗? |
[10:34] | How does that make you feel? | 想到离去你是什么感觉? |
[10:37] | Well, it’s not like I haven’t… | 嗯 并不是我长期以来 |
[10:42] | been prepared for this for a long time. | 没有为这个做好思想准备 |
[10:46] | My tumors are growing. | 只是肿瘤在扩散 |
[10:47] | I know what that means. | 我知道这意味这什么 |
[10:49] | When the doctor told me, I thought, | 当医生告诉我的时候 我在想 |
[10:53] | “okay. It’s happening. | “好吧 已经发生了 |
[10:56] | Don’t fight it.” | 别再挣扎了” |
[10:59] | Wow. That is very evolved of you. | 你真是很想得开啊 |
[11:01] | You say that like it’s a bad thing. | 你这语气不像是在说好事啊 |
[11:03] | Can you be evolved in a bad way? | 你在往坏方向引申吗? |
[11:05] | Can you? | 你有吗? |
[11:08] | You’re annoying. | 你真讨厌 |
[11:11] | Look, Cathy, I’m happy that you’re feeling up right now. | 听着 凯西 你感觉不错 我为你高兴 |
[11:13] | You deserve to feel that way. | 你应得的 |
[11:15] | And you are very evolved. | 你真是非常的想得开啊 |
[11:20] | It’s just that in my experience, | 就我的经验来看 |
[11:22] | people who are going through what you are going through | 那些和你有相同经历 |
[11:25] | and feel all good can sometimes | 而且感觉良好的人 突然间就可能 |
[11:28] | be thrown a curve-ball. | 被一个曲线球砸中 |
[11:30] | So just be… | 所以… |
[11:33] | Prepared to catch it? | 做好接球的准备? |
[11:35] | Not surprised | 做好被 |
[11:36] | if it hits you in the face. | 砸中脸的心理准备 |
[11:48] | Mom, did two guys just steal your dresser? | 老妈 那两个家伙偷了你的衣服吗? |
[11:50] | No, no. | 没有 |
[11:53] | Hated it. Don’t need it. Sold it. | 看厌了 不想要了 卖掉了 |
[11:56] | Whoa, mom, what happened to your leg? | 天哪 老妈你的腿怎么了 |
[11:58] | I’m, uh… | 我… |
[12:02] | I’m just having some paralysis. | 只是有点瘫痪 |
[12:05] | Because of where the tumors are pressing on your brain? | 是因为肿瘤压迫了你的脑神经吗? |
[12:08] | Uh, yeah. | 额 是的 |
[12:10] | How’d you know that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[12:11] | Just looked it up on the Internet. | 我在网上查过 |
[12:14] | You know, if you ever have any questions, | 你如果有什么问题 |
[12:16] | you can always come to me and ask, right? | 你可以直接来问我 好吗? |
[12:22] | So does it hurt? | 那痛吗 |
[12:24] | No, no. | 不痛 |
[12:26] | No, it’s just, uh… | 只是有点… |
[12:28] | you know, it’s just kinda numb. | 麻木的感觉 |
[12:32] | You know, like it doesn’t belong to my body. | 就好像我不属于我身体 |
[12:35] | Dr. Sherman said that other than the peg leg aspect, | 谢尔曼医生说这和假肢不一样 |
[12:37] | I’m doing pretty good. | 我这样已经不错了 |
[12:41] | Uh, I thought I would make salmon for dinner tonight. | 我觉得晚饭该给你做点鲑鱼 |
[12:44] | Brain food to help you study for your test, okay? | 为你的考试复习补补脑子 好吧? |
[12:47] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[13:14] | Lydia, look. | 莉迪亚 听着 |
[13:16] | You gotta help me, okay? | 你会帮我的 对吧? |
[13:18] | There’s no way I’m gonna be ready for this chem test. | 这场化学考试我根本没准备好 |
[13:20] | I can come over tonight | 如果你想再开个小灶的话 |
[13:21] | if you wanna add another session. | 我今晚可以过来 |
[13:23] | Or, okay, I could just… | 或者我能不能… |
[13:25] | I could say that I’m gonna take my mom | 说我得带我老妈去 |
[13:27] | to, like, a doctor’s appointment or something, | 看医生之类的 |
[13:28] | and then you could just tell me what’s on the test later. | 之后你就可以把考试内容透露给我 |
[13:31] | You want me to cheat for you? | 你想我帮你作弊? |
[13:33] | No, I don’t… you don’t have to give me the answers. | 不…你不用把答案告诉我 |
[13:35] | No, I’ll just look those up myself. | 我会自个儿研究 |
[13:37] | It’s still cheating. | 还是作弊啊 |
[13:38] | No, it’s not… I’ll pay you. | 不是啊…我会报答你的 |
[13:40] | I’ll pay you whatever you want. | 我会满足你任何要求 |
[13:42] | Lydia, look. | 莉迪亚 听着 |
[13:43] | I cannot bring a shitty grade home to my mom. | 我不忍心把悲催的考试成绩带回家给我妈 |
[13:45] | Maybe if you spent a little less time hanging out. | 所以你该少花点时间在外面疯玩 |
[13:48] | and a little more time studying, | 再多点的时间学习 |
[13:49] | you wouldn’t be in this predicament. | 你就不会有这样的窘况了 |
[13:52] | Okay, thanks. Jesus. | 好的 谢谢 |
[13:56] | Hello, Detroit. We are back. | 底特律的听众 大家好 欢迎收听 |
[13:59] | Stan the morning man here, | 我是早间的斯坦 |
[14:00] | sitting live in the studio with none other | 坐在演播室别无一人 除了 |
[14:02] | than the “Flip That Switch” doctor himself, | 和”打开开关”的导演 |
[14:05] | Paul Jamison. | 保罗 贾米森在一起 |
[14:09] | So glad to have you on the show. | 我很高兴你能来这个节目中 |
[14:10] | Thank you very much. I’m thrilled to be here. | 非常感谢 来到这儿 我太激动了 |
[14:13] | I love waking up to random applause. | 我喜欢听到随机的掌声 |
[14:14] | Yes! | 太好了! |
[14:17] | Listen, we all know that you’ve been on tour | 我们都知道在过去的几天 |
[14:18] | the past few days. | 你都在巡回演出中 |
[14:19] | You gave a lecture downtown last night? | 昨天晚上 你在市区中心做了一个演讲对吗? |
[14:22] | That’s right, at the lovely Fillmore. | 没错 在令人喜欢的费列莫 |
[14:24] | And two more tonight… one at 6:00, | 今晚还有两场…一个在六点 |
[14:26] | another at 8:00 at the Royal Hotel. | 另外一个是八点 在皇家酒店 |
[14:28] | And my producer actually gave me a copy | 我制作人给我了一个 |
[14:29] | of your upcoming lectures. | 你将要演讲的副本 |
[14:31] | And we’re gonna plug that in just a minute. | 并且我们准备塞进一分钟内说完 |
[14:33] | You know, I have to say, | 我不得不说 |
[14:35] | I can’t get over this schedule. | 这个行程我根本应付不过来 |
[14:36] | You are a busy bee. | 你是一只忙碌的蜜蜂 |
[14:41] | Yes, uh, it’s hectic. | 嗯 是 很忙 |
[14:43] | You know, but I gotta say, | 你知道 但我想说 |
[14:45] | meeting the fans, hearing their stories, | 和影迷见面 听听他们的故事 |
[14:47] | you know, it keeps me going | 你知道 这不断激励我走下去 |
[14:49] | bcause they touch me. | 因为他们感动我 |
[14:50] | Just the cute ones, I hope. | 可爱的吧 我希望是 |
[14:55] | I’m just kidding. Listen. | 只不过在开玩笑 好了 |
[14:56] | We all know how dedicated you are to your wife. | 我们都知道你在你妻子身上倾注了多少 |
[14:59] | How is she doing, by the way? | 顺便问一句 她怎么样了? |
[15:01] | You know, it’s been tough, but, uh, | 很艰辛 你知道的 不过 |
[15:03] | let me tell ya, she’s a trooper, real trooper. | 我告诉你 她是一个骑士 真正的骑士 |
[15:06] | Glad to hear it. | 听到这个 我很高兴 |
[15:07] | That big “C” can be a real bitch. | 大”癌”真是个贱人 |
[15:10] | So does she mind you doing all this traveling? | 她介意你做这些环球旅行吗? |
[15:14] | Oh, we’re in sync. | 噢 我们是心是在一起的 |
[15:16] | You know, she… she understands. | 你知道 她…她理解的 |
[15:18] | She’s down with it. She… | 她病倒了 她… |
[15:20] | You know what they say, | 我们都听过这句话 |
[15:21] | “absence makes the heart grow fonder.” | “小别胜新婚” |
[15:24] | – Yeah. – And I’m sure you two | – 嗯 – 并且我可以保证 |
[15:25] | really work it out when you get back home, right? | 你们回家前 把它解决好 对吗? |
[15:33] | Yeah, we, uh… | 是的 我们… |
[15:35] | we check in, we do. | 我们记下 我们会做的 |
[15:38] | I’ll bet you do. | 我打赌你们会的 |
[15:39] | Hey, can you tell our listeners | 嘿 你能告诉我们的听众 |
[15:41] | how you two stay so connected? | 你们俩怎么保持这么亲密的吗? |
[15:54] | Hold that thought, Dr. Paul. | 想一想 保罗 |
[15:56] | We’re gonna be right back after this short break. | 短暂的休息后 我们马上回来 |
[15:59] | Dude, it’s radio. | 老兄 这是广播 |
[16:00] | You kinda gotta talk. Oh. | 你必须要说些什么 |
[16:02] | I’m running out of sound effects here. | 我的词都快用完了 |
[16:03] | Could I… little water. | 我能…水吗? |
[16:05] | Could I just… can we get some water? | 给我们来点水 |
[16:08] | So this is a Cockwork oOrange | 这就是发条橙 |
[16:14] | meets Planet of the Apes. | 遇到了人猿星球 |
[16:16] | Two movies that should never go together, | 两个永远不会有交集的电影 |
[16:18] | except here, they work. | 但在这里 他们起作用了 |
[16:22] | I like it. | 我很喜欢 |
[16:23] | No kidding, I want it. | 不是开玩笑 我想要它 |
[16:25] | I really do. I wanna buy that. | 真的 我真的想把它买下来 |
[16:27] | Seriously, holler to Hollis. | 认真的 给霍利斯鼓励 |
[16:30] | Okay. Who’s next? | 好了 下一个是谁? |
[16:32] | Oh, Andrea. | 噢 安德莉亚 |
[16:34] | Um, you know what? | 呃 你知道吗? |
[16:35] | Why don’t we hear from the class first? | 我们不如先听听同学们的意见 |
[16:37] | I don’t mind the simple lines. | 我不介意简洁的线条 |
[16:40] | I just think the colors are… | 我只是认为颜色有点… |
[16:42] | Yawno-rama, right? | 很了无生趣 对吗? |
[16:45] | I mean, I feel bad for the girl who has | 我是说 如果女孩们穿这样的衣服 |
[16:46] | to wear these clothes. | 我觉得很糟糕 |
[16:47] | I mean, talk about not wanting to be noticed. | 我的意思是 先说没有想被注意的意思 |
[16:50] | She’s all wall and no flower. | 她就像是城墙却没有花朵 |
[16:54] | Okay, I think I’ve enthralled you all enough for one day. | 好啦 我觉得今天这些已经让你们够入迷的了 |
[16:56] | Go forth and be fabulous. | 继续下去 并做得更好 |
[16:59] | Uh, except you. | 呃 你等下 |
[17:03] | Um, I’m a little concerned | 呃 我有点在意你今天 |
[17:04] | about the work you’ve been handing in lately. | 晚些交过来的作业 |
[17:07] | I worked really hard on those sketches. | 我真的很努力地画这些素描 |
[17:10] | I know, but there’s, like, a sparkle missing | 我知道 但是在我看到你的入场公文包 |
[17:13] | that I saw in your admission portfolio. | 的时候 觉得有些火花丢失了 |
[17:15] | I mean, granted, that portfolio relied very heavily | 我的意思是 的确 公文包是非常需要 |
[17:19] | on the sort of liberace bedazzled and feathered thing. | 眼花缭乱的或者羽毛类的东西的装饰 |
[17:22] | But those sketches, they were fun. | 但是 这些草图 他们确实很滑稽 |
[17:26] | They had a point of view. | 他们有一种倾诉 |
[17:29] | What happened? | 发生什么了? |
[17:32] | I have a friend, and she’s really sick. | 我有一个朋友 她病得很严重 |
[17:35] | And I think she’s gonna die soon, and I… | 她很有可能会很快死去 我… |
[17:39] | I guess it just sucked the sparkle out of me. | 我想那种火花从我身上走了 |
[17:42] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[17:44] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知该说些什么 |
[17:46] | If you think this class is too much for you right now, | 如果你觉得上这些课压力太大 |
[17:50] | – maybe you should drop it. – Well… | – 也许你该放弃它 – 呃… |
[17:53] | Think about it. | 好好想想吧 |
[18:02] | Okay, bye. | 好的 再见 |
[18:04] | I’ve reconsidered your offer. | 我又仔细考虑了下你的提议 |
[18:06] | I realized that the answer lies | 我想起根据基本物理的原则中的答案 |
[18:09] | in the basic physics tenet that every action | 任何一个行为都应有 |
[18:12] | has an equal and opposite reaction. | 一个等价且相反的回应 |
[18:14] | Lydia, I honestly have no idea | 莉迪亚 实话说 我真 |
[18:15] | what you’re saying, okay? | 不明白你说的什么 好吧? |
[18:17] | I’ll help you cheat if you take my virginity. | 如果你把我的第一次拿走的话 我就帮你作弊 |
[18:19] | W… w… what? | 什…什…什么? |
[18:21] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[18:23] | It’s not because I’m into you or anything. | 我又不是喜欢你还是怎么着 |
[18:25] | I just don’t wanna start college next year | 我只是不想在下一年上大学的时候 |
[18:27] | being the geek with a hymen. | 还是一个处女极客 |
[18:29] | And since I don’t have time to meet people | 可我又没有时间认识 |
[18:30] | outside school and you have a reputation | 校外的人而你又刚好花花公子 |
[18:32] | for this sort of thing, | 名声在外 |
[18:35] | I figured this might be my best | 我看这是我最好也是 |
[18:37] | and only option for sex. | 唯一的性选择了 |
[18:40] | Plus, it seemed like a fair trade, so… | 另外 这也像一场公平的交易 所以… |
[18:44] | are you in or out? | 你愿不愿意? |
[18:58] | Ah, looks like it’s snowing paper. | 噢 这里下起了纸雪啊 |
[19:01] | Sorry, I’m just working on sketches for class. | 不好意思 我只是在为课堂画素描 |
[19:04] | Oh, for sir Isaac, I presume. | 噢 我假定是为了埃塞克先生 |
[19:07] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[19:09] | It doesn’t look like it’s going very well. | 看起来进展的不太顺利啊 |
[19:10] | Well, everything I come up with | 嗯 我现在想起来的都是 |
[19:12] | is either “yawn-o-rama” or “reductive”… | 什么”了趣”或者”减产” |
[19:15] | whatever the hell that means. | 连意思都不懂什么的词 |
[19:17] | Basically, I suck. | 基本是 我很糟 |
[19:19] | Well, I know for a fact that’s not true. | 好啦 我知道事实不是那样的 |
[19:21] | You just need to get out of your head, that’s all. | 你只需要放空一下 足够了 |
[19:24] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[19:33] | – Hey. – Lydia, hi. | – 嘿 – 嗨 莉迪亚 |
[19:35] | I didn’t know you two were getting together tonight. | 我不知道你俩今天晚上有约啊 |
[19:37] | I thought you had a session yesterday. | 你们昨天不是有过补习了嘛 |
[19:39] | Adam wanted to add another one | 亚当想要在我们明天的化学考试之前 |
[19:40] | before our chem test tomorrow. | 再补习一次 |
[19:42] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗? – 是的 |
[19:44] | Adam, I am so proud of all the hard work you’re doing. | 亚当我为你做的这些努力感到自豪 |
[19:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:50] | So, yeah, we should probably, you know, get to work, so… | 好了 我们应该学习了 那… |
[19:53] | – Uh… – Uh… | – 嗯… – 呃… |
[19:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:56] | Cool hat, Mrs. Jamison. | 很酷的帽子 贾米森夫人 |
[19:58] | – Oh, here. – Oh. | – 噢 给你 – 噢 |
[20:00] | It’s yours. | 是你的了 |
[20:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:03] | And there’s some banana bread in the fridge | 如果一会儿你们想吃些零食的话 |
[20:05] | if you want a snack later. | 冰箱里有些香蕉面包 |
[20:07] | – Cool. – Okay. | – 好极了 – 好的 |
[20:08] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[20:10] | Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go. | 走 走 走 |
[20:11] | Shooting stars await. | 令人期待的流星雨 |
[20:13] | Oh, I was hoping you’d forgotten. | 哦 我希望你已经忘了 |
[20:15] | Well, wait, how was the dermatologist? | 好吧 等下 皮肤医生怎么说 |
[20:17] | For the record, that was much more | 根据记录 身体探索的比E型扫描 |
[20:18] | of a full body grope than a scan. | 还要多多了 |
[20:20] | Never had someone spend so much time under my balls. | 从来没有一个人在我的球球上花费这么多时间 |
[20:23] | – And? – And, uh, nothing. | – 然后呢? – 并且 没什么 |
[20:27] | I… I got the all clear. | 我…我全都搞好了 |
[20:28] | Really? | 真的? |
[20:30] | Good. I’m so relieved. | 很好 我放心了 |
[20:32] | Come on. I wanna stake out a place | 来吧 我要在那些富二代 |
[20:34] | before all the prepster dipshits blanket the park | 用羊绒衫和奶酪轮把公园给占领了之前 |
[20:36] | in cashmere and, uh… and cheese wheels. | 划一块儿地方出来 |
[20:42] | What’s all this? | 这是什么? |
[20:43] | I just wanna look up some stuff | 我只是想在我们做之前 |
[20:45] | before we do anything. | 看点儿东西什么的 |
[20:48] | Or, you know, I could just show you how it works. | 我可以告诉你怎么做啊 |
[20:50] | – You know? – Please, I know how it works. | – 你懂得 – 拜托 我当然知道怎么做 |
[20:53] | But according to my research, a lot of women | 但是据研究表明 |
[20:55] | say they have a bad first experience. | 很多女性表示她们的第一次都很糟糕 |
[20:58] | I like to get things right on the first try. | 我想有个没有差错的第一次 |
[21:04] | Coming through. | 借过 |
[21:11] | Come on. I, uh… | 拜托啊 我… |
[21:13] | I wanna find a really good place to sit, | 我真的很想找个好地方坐下 |
[21:17] | for optimal viewing. | 找个视野绝佳的地点 |
[21:18] | No, actually, I think we can watch them | 不用了吧 我觉得我们从这儿 |
[21:20] | from right here. | 看看就挺好 |
[21:21] | Oh, no. No, no, no. | 不行不行 |
[21:22] | I wanna do this the right way, come on. | 我可不想出差错了 |
[21:25] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[21:26] | There you go. | 走吧 |
[21:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:40] | Jesus. You okay? | 天哪 你没事儿吧? |
[21:41] | Cath? | 凯西? |
[21:45] | Mmm. This tastes so good. | 这个真是太好吃了 |
[21:48] | Thanks. I’ll tell my mom. | 谢谢 我会转告我妈的 |
[21:54] | According to this site, the coital alignment technique | 根据这个网站所说 队列性交技巧 |
[21:57] | has the highest percentage of vaginal orgasm at 39%. | 可以达到高达39%的阴道高潮 |
[22:00] | Whereas the reverse cowgirl, which claims | 但是反转牛仔式 |
[22:03] | only a 28% chance of success, ranks higher | 就只有28%的成功率 |
[22:06] | on the intensity scale by almost 50%. | 但强度表上高了将近50% |
[22:08] | But if both are combined with digital stimulation, | 但是这两个姿势如果通过信号刺激结合起来 |
[22:10] | the numbers go way up. | 数据就上升了 |
[22:12] | God. You make it sound like chemistry. | 天哪 你把这个说得像化学一样 |
[22:14] | It kinda is. | 的确有点儿像 |
[22:15] | You know, the science behind making a baby | 造人背后的科学知识 |
[22:17] | is actually extraordinary. | 其实十分独特 |
[22:19] | You know, how many things need to be aligned | 要让造人成功 |
[22:21] | in order for it to happen. | 你知道要有多少事情恰巧吻合么 |
[22:22] | You know, it’s a miracle if it ever works. | 成功简直就是个奇迹 |
[22:24] | And who knew the vagina was, like, a tube, you know, | 而且谁会知道阴道就像个管子一样 |
[22:26] | and the vulva was, like, the outside part? | 而外阴就像开口的部分呢 |
[22:28] | Um, me. | 我啊 |
[22:30] | Okay, besides you. | 好吧 除了你 |
[22:31] | I forget you know everything. | 我忘了你无所不知 |
[22:33] | I can’t help it. I’m a genius. | 没办法啊 谁让我是天才 |
[22:35] | No, you’re a robot. | 才不是 你是个机器人 |
[22:36] | I am Lydia. | 我是莉迪亚 |
[22:37] | I know everything. | 我什么都知道 |
[22:39] | I remember everything I ever read. | 我读过的东西我都记得 |
[22:41] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[22:48] | So should we, like… | 我们是不是该… |
[22:52] | – Yeah. – Okay. | – 好啊 – 没问题 |
[22:54] | Okay. | 可以啊 |
[23:25] | Aah, okay. | 好吧 |
[23:27] | This rarely ever happens | 一般来说 我做了这么预习后 |
[23:29] | after I’ve done this much prep, | 是不会有这种失误的 |
[23:31] | but I’ve changed my mind, I can’t do this. | 可我改主意了 我不能这么做 |
[23:33] | No, it’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事 没关系的 |
[23:35] | As much as I wanna get it over with, | 尽管我非常想摆脱处女身份 |
[23:38] | it just doesn’t feel right. | 但就是感觉不对 |
[23:40] | No, it’s okay. It’s okay. It’s totally cool. | 没事 没关系的 |
[23:42] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[23:44] | You don’t have to look so relieved. | 你也不需要如此大松一口气啊 |
[23:46] | No, but seriously, Lydia, look. | 可能吧 不过说真的 莉迪亚 |
[23:49] | Your first time should be special. | 你的第一次应该很特殊 |
[23:51] | You’ll remember it forever. | 应该让你永生难忘 |
[23:54] | So I guess we better get back to work then. | 所以我猜我们要继续学习了 |
[23:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:59] | You’ve got a lot to memorize by tomorrow. | 在明天之前你有很多要记的东西 |
[24:03] | Remember… | 记着… |
[24:05] | Failure is not an option. | 没有挂科这一选项 |
[24:11] | Those aren’t alien gun noises. | 那可不是外星人的枪声 |
[24:14] | You have to be like… | 你得这样 |
[24:19] | Whatever. | 随便啦 |
[24:21] | Of course I scrape the one leg | 肯定的 我刮伤了 |
[24:23] | that still has feeling. | 我还有感觉的那条腿 |
[24:24] | You’ll live. | 你会没事儿的 |
[24:26] | All right, come on. You ready to get moving? | 好啦 准备走了么? |
[24:28] | Sean, stop it. | 肖恩 停下 |
[24:29] | No, I am not walking. | 我不走了 |
[24:32] | All right, then. I’ll just have to carry you. | 好吧 那我只能抱着你了 |
[24:34] | Sean, no… Sean, stop it! | 肖恩 不行 肖恩 停下! |
[24:36] | Sean, I’m not kidding. | 肖恩 我没开玩笑! |
[24:38] | Oh, come on, Cathy, make this | 凯西 放轻松 |
[24:39] | – a little easier for me. – No! | – 别闹别扭了 – 不要 |
[24:40] | I don’t wanna make it easier. Put me down! | 我不想这样 放我下来! |
[24:42] | Cathy… Cathy, you’re gonna… | 凯西…凯西…你就要… |
[24:44] | God damn it. | 该死的 |
[24:45] | What is your problem? | 你有什么毛病啊? |
[24:47] | My problem is this forced march | 我的毛病就是你逼我 |
[24:50] | you have me on with two bad legs. | 用这两条残腿跟着你游行 |
[24:52] | What is so important about watching | 看流星 |
[24:54] | some stupid falling stars | 有什么重要的? |
[24:57] | that we can see from anywhere? | 哪儿都能看到 |
[24:58] | Because I thought it would be fun! | 因为我觉得会很有趣啊 |
[25:00] | Maybe we’d see another falling star. | 可能我们能看到另外一颗流星 |
[25:03] | You wished on one for a bike once. | 你有次对着流星祈求自行车 |
[25:05] | And mom got you that blue ten-speed | 而妈妈给你的圣诞礼物就是一辆 |
[25:06] | for Christmas, remember? | 蓝色的十速自行车? |
[25:07] | And they never got us anything good. | 他们从没给我们买过好东西 |
[25:12] | – I know what you’re doing. – What? | – 我知道你在做什么 – 什么? |
[25:14] | The last time you grew out your beard | 上次你开始留胡子 |
[25:15] | was for ultimate frisbee in college. | 是在大学里的终极飞盘比赛 |
[25:17] | You spent two years | 整整两年你都像个疯子一样 |
[25:18] | looking like a freak because you thought, if you shaved, | 就因为你觉得你要是刮胡子了 |
[25:21] | your team would lose. | 你的队伍就会输 |
[25:22] | And we didn’t, for two whole years. | 整整两年我们都没输啊 |
[25:29] | Look. | 是这样的 |
[25:31] | You’re caught up in some superstitious O.C.D. thing, | 你有种莫名其妙的强迫症 |
[25:36] | and it’s not gonna work for me. | 这不会对我有效果的 |
[25:41] | I’m dying, Sean. | 肖恩 我快死了 |
[25:44] | And growing beards and wishing on shooting stars | 留胡子 对着流星许愿 |
[25:48] | is not gonna change that. | 这些都没意义的 |
[25:50] | Y… you don’t know. | 你又不能确定 |
[25:53] | Yeah, I do. | 我确定的 |
[25:56] | Jesus. It’s so unfair. | 天哪 这真不公平 |
[26:00] | I spent the last 15 years of my life outside, | 过去的15年里我都在外面 |
[26:05] | baking in the sun. | 晒太阳 |
[26:07] | And your dermatologist | 但你的皮肤科医生 |
[26:09] | couldn’t find one stupid mole on me. | 在我身上连个该死的痣都找不到 |
[26:11] | But that’s good. | 这很好啊 |
[26:13] | No, it isn’t. | 不好 |
[26:16] | It’s not good, Cath. | 凯西 不好 |
[26:21] | Why not me? | 为什么不是我? |
[26:24] | No one would miss me. | 没有人会想念我 |
[26:27] | Except maybe you, and you’d get over it. | 也就你想想我 可你会扛过去的 |
[26:47] | I’d give you my brain, if I could. | 要是能把我的大脑给你就好了 |
[26:49] | I don’t want your brain. | 我才不要你的大脑 |
[26:50] | You’re such a fucking bitch. | 你个贱人 |
[29:31] | You won’t be disappointed. | 你不会失望的 |
[29:33] | I already am. | 我已经很失望了 |
[29:34] | Hey, Marcy, been awhile. | 嘿 马西 来了一段日子了 |
[29:36] | How’s Doug? | 道奇怎么样? |
[29:38] | Well, he passed two weeks ago, Frank. | 弗兰克 他两周前去世了 |
[29:40] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:42] | What, uh… what happened? | 怎么回事? |
[29:45] | Kidney failure. | 肾衰竭 |
[29:47] | He was on dialysis for 12 years | 他做了12年的透析 |
[29:49] | waiting for a donor kidney, but… | 等一个配型的肾 但是… |
[29:51] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[29:52] | – Sean. – Look. | – 肖恩 – 看看 |
[29:55] | I wanted to know if I could return these. | 我想知道我能不能退了这些 |
[29:59] | They haven’t been opened yet. | 都没拆呢 |
[30:01] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[30:11] | Oh, hey. | 哦 嘿 |
[30:14] | You’re home early. | 你回来早了 |
[30:15] | Yeah, a little change of plan. | 对 计划有变 |
[30:18] | – How was Detroit? – It was fine. | – 底特律怎么样了? – 还好 |
[30:20] | I mean, morning DJs, they’re just, like, | 我是说早上那群Dj 就像 |
[30:22] | you know, they’re these fake people | 打假人一样 |
[30:24] | made out of steroids and caffeine, you know? | 满是类固醇和咖啡因 |
[30:30] | You have a cane? | 你拄拐杖? |
[30:31] | I go away for two days, and I come back, | 我走了两天 然后回来 |
[30:33] | and you’re walking with a cane? | 你就拄拐了? |
[30:34] | Well, the sad part is that you cannot | 好吧 最伤感的部分是 |
[30:37] | get a cane with a bird carved in it in this town, | 你拄拐的时候不能拎鸟笼 |
[30:39] | no matter how much you’re willing to spend. | 不管你有多少钱 |
[30:41] | No. | 不 |
[30:42] | The sad part is that I wasn’t here, | 最伤感的是我没陪着你 |
[30:45] | and I should’ve been. | 而且我不该走的 |
[30:47] | Paul, I… | 保罗 我… |
[30:48] | No, I want you to go on with your life. | 不 我想让你有自己的生活 |
[30:50] | What, are you gonna try and sell me a new wife again? | 什么 你想再给我买个老婆? |
[30:52] | Oh, oh. | 哦 哦 |
[30:53] | Funny that you mention that. | 你提起这个就有意思了 |
[30:54] | I wanna show you something. | 我想给你看点东西 |
[30:56] | It’s a website | 是个网页 |
[30:57] | where… where people who have lost | 那里…失去癌症患者配偶的人 |
[30:59] | their spouses to cancer can meet other people | 可以认识其他 |
[31:01] | who have lost their spouses to cancer. | 因为癌症失去配偶的人 |
[31:03] | It’s called Chapter 2. | 它叫第二篇章 |
[31:07] | See, that’s the exact opposite | 看 这跟我想告诉你的 |
[31:11] | of what I wanna talk to you about. | 完全相反 |
[31:12] | Wait. No, no, no. I just… | 等等 不…不… 我只是… |
[31:14] | I ju… I want you to look at it with me | 我想让你跟我一起看 |
[31:15] | ’cause it’s so sweet. | 因为它好甜蜜啊 |
[31:17] | I mean, some of the stories are just fantastic. | 我是说 有些故事简直就是奇迹 |
[31:19] | All the way home, | 我回家的路上 |
[31:20] | all I could think about | 一直在想 |
[31:21] | is how far apart we’ve gotten, | 我们分离多远了 |
[31:24] | you know? | 你知道么? |
[31:26] | Maybe a lot of it’s my fault, maybe all of it. | 可能大部分都是我的错 也许全是我的错 |
[31:29] | But with the time that we have left, | 但有我们剩下的那些时间 |
[31:32] | I wanna figure out how to find my way back to you. | 我想重回你身边 |
[31:37] | And I just… I don’t appreciate | 我只是…我不想 |
[31:39] | you pushing me away like this. | 让你把我推开 |
[31:40] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[31:42] | This is how I want to get close to you, | 这正是我跟你亲近的方式 |
[31:44] | by talking about your future and Adam’s future, | 讨论你的未来 亚当的未来 |
[31:46] | which I’m not gonna be in much longer. | 那些我无法参与的未来 |
[31:48] | Stop it. | 停下 |
[31:50] | I mean, you… | 我的意思是 你… |
[31:52] | First the clothes and now this? | 先是衣服然后是这些? |
[31:53] | You’re giving everything away, even me. | 你已经把所有东西都推开了 甚至我 |
[31:56] | – You’re freaking me out, honey. – Why? | – 你在恐慌了 宝贝儿 – 为什么 |
[31:59] | I have always over-prepared for every trip I’ve ever taken. | 我一直精心准备旅程 |
[32:03] | I… | 我… |
[32:06] | I want you to help me, | 我想让你帮我 |
[32:07] | to talk about this. | 讨论这些 |
[32:09] | I… I need you to hear me say | 我…我想让你听我说 |
[32:12] | that it’s okay to move on. | 你们继续生活 是没问题的 |
[32:37] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[32:40] | Start now. | 考试开始 |
[32:52] | Okay, I’ll bite. | 好吧 我会加油 |
[32:54] | Why are you on my computer? | 你怎么在用我的电脑 |
[32:58] | Uh, I engage with technology | 我想做个技术宅 |
[33:00] | in service of a greater good. | 也不错 |
[33:02] | But apparently… | 但显然… |
[33:04] | I have been cock-blocked by the establishment. | 我在编程上出状况了 |
[33:06] | As of a couple hours ago, | 几个小时前 |
[33:08] | I’ve been trying to give something away | 我想捐一些东西 |
[33:09] | on, uh, Craigslist, where you can give away | 哦 克雷格清单 在那里 |
[33:12] | your free underwear if you want. | 你都能捐出内衣 |
[33:13] | But they just told me that I’ve been shut down. | 但他们只是告诉我我太紧张了 |
[33:15] | My ad’s been flagged for removal, | 我把广告取消了 |
[33:17] | the censoring bastards. | 那些审查混蛋 |
[33:19] | No offense, but what do you have to give away? | 无意冒犯 但是你想捐什么? |
[33:22] | Oh, my spare kidney. | 哦 我另一个肾 |
[33:23] | I listed it under “free stuff.” | 我在”免费物品”清单里面写了他 |
[33:26] | – I had a ton of takers. – You’re kidding here, right? | – 我有一群接受者 – 你开玩笑呢? |
[33:28] | No. No, no, no. | 不 不 |
[33:29] | My kidneys and I are quite serious. | 我的肾和我都很重要 |
[33:31] | I got the idea from that woman at the medical supply store | 我从药店一个女人那听来的 |
[33:33] | whose husband just died waiting for a transplant. | 她老公在等待肾源的时候死了 |
[33:36] | It hit me, Cath. | 让我震惊啊 凯西 |
[33:38] | A guy like me could’ve saved his life, | 像我这样的人能救命啊 |
[33:40] | easy. | 举手之劳 |
[33:42] | So after I dropped you off, | 所以我送完你之后 |
[33:44] | I swung by the public library. | 我去了公立图书馆 |
[33:46] | I got on the one computer | 我从一台没有被流浪汉们 |
[33:47] | not being used by homeless guys for porn… | 占用看黄片的电脑上看到 |
[33:48] | Kidneys are major organs, Sean. | 肾是很重要的器官 肖恩 |
[33:51] | I mean, what if you give one away, | 我是说 如果你捐出去了 |
[33:52] | and then something happens to the one you have left? | 然后如果另一个肾出了事情怎么办? |
[33:54] | What if Adam needs a kidney? | 如果亚当需要换肾呢? |
[33:56] | Then you won’t be able to help. | 那你就帮不上忙了 |
[33:57] | Oh, by that time, they’ll be able | 哦 那时候他们可以人工培育 |
[33:58] | to grow ’em in petri dishes. | 一个肾 用培养皿 |
[34:00] | No, I just think in a world of shallow | 不 我想这个肤浅无味 |
[34:01] | and meaningless gestures, | 应付作秀的世界上 |
[34:03] | this was my chance to truly help someone, right now. | 找到机会帮助他人 刻不容缓 |
[34:07] | I admire the impulse. | 我欣赏你的冲劲 |
[34:09] | But there are ways to help a stranger | 但还有其他方式帮助他人 |
[34:12] | that doesn’t involve surgery. | 不仅仅是手术 |
[34:14] | You’ve been giving stuff away lately. | 你最近一直在捐东西啊 |
[34:15] | Have I been critical of you? | 我对你很严苛么? |
[34:16] | Apples and oranges, Sean. | 我捐苹果和橙子 肖恩 |
[34:18] | To you, maybe. | 对你来说 也许是 |
[34:19] | My kidneys and I, however, shall persevere. | 然而对我来说就是肾了 |
[34:23] | I just think in a world that can connect people | 我只是想 在个用安全帽和段子 |
[34:27] | with everything from hubcaps to hand jobs, | 来联系人们的世界 |
[34:31] | I gotta be able to find someone in renal failure. | 我得找到一个肾有问题的人 |
[34:41] | Oh, I love the pinstripe. | 哦 我喜欢这个想法 |
[34:42] | I also love the hardware. | 我也喜欢那个硬件 |
[34:45] | It’s very butch, | 很男性化 |
[34:47] | and I love it. Good work. | 我喜欢 不错 |
[34:56] | Um, see me after class. | 呃 课后见 |
[35:10] | I’m making some tea. Do you want some? | 我在泡茶 你想来点么 |
[35:14] | Hey, come here. I wanna show you something. | 嘿 过来 想给你看点东西 |
[35:16] | Okay, but you have to promise | 好吧 你得答应我 |
[35:18] | to keep an open mind and not get angry. | 别想太多 别生气 |
[35:20] | Always open, never angry. | 从不多想 从不生气 |
[35:26] | I did a profile of you on that website. | 我在那个网站给你弄了个账号 |
[35:27] | Now you never have to use it, of course. | 当然你可以完全不用 |
[35:29] | I just… you know, I’m just having fun. | 我只是… 我觉得挺好的 |
[35:31] | Didn’t we already have this conversation? | 我们不是谈过这个了么? |
[35:33] | Look, I’m using an alias. | 我正用马甲 |
[35:37] | And F.Y.I., you’re sounding like quite a catch. | 顺便…你看起来挺酷的 |
[35:44] | – Nice picture. – Yeah. | – 照片不错 – 对 |
[35:46] | I took it after one of Adam’s soccer games. | 是亚当某次足球赛之后拍的 |
[35:49] | All joking aside, I’m not doing this. | 玩笑归玩笑 我不会这样做的 |
[35:54] | So maybe you should stop doing it too. | 你或许也应该停下 |
[35:55] | You’re a man who needs to be married. | 你是个需要婚姻的男人 |
[35:57] | Trust me on this, I know you. | 相信我 我懂的 |
[35:58] | – I’m gonna be a lone wolf. – Okay. | – 我想独身 – 好吧 |
[36:01] | You do better when you have someone in your life. | 你在有人陪的时候会更好 |
[36:04] | When I think about your future | 我想象你的未来的时候 |
[36:06] | and I picture you alone, | 想过你独身的样子 |
[36:08] | it’s… sad | 那么寂寞 |
[36:10] | and lonely and filled with fast food | 孤独地吃快餐 |
[36:13] | and no reason to use deodorant. | 不需要除体味 |
[36:15] | And when I picture you with someone, | 但是当我把你想成有人陪的 |
[36:17] | now I see laughter and hand-holding | 我能看到欢笑 牵手 |
[36:22] | and a long and happy life. | 长长的幸福人生 |
[36:23] | And besides, Adam’s gonna need | 还有 亚当会需要 |
[36:25] | a positive female influence. | 一个积极的女性的影响 |
[36:27] | And he will have that, | 他会有的 |
[36:28] | the way that God and nature intended him to, | 按照正常的轨迹成长 |
[36:31] | with an older girlfriend. | 找个年长的女朋友 |
[36:34] | Okay, this is what I wrote. | 好吧 我是这么写的 |
[36:36] | “I’m tall, | 我很高 |
[36:39] | over 6 feet. | 超过6英尺 |
[36:41] | I like playing rugby | 我喜欢打橄榄球 |
[36:43] | and enjoy spending quality time with my teenage son.” | 享受和我的儿子在一起 |
[36:46] | “I have a creative soul.” | 我活的很积极 |
[36:48] | – Oh, that’s nice. – Mm-hmm. | – 哦 那不错 – 恩呢 |
[36:49] | “And I love great conversation | 我喜欢高谈阔论 |
[36:52] | and good dinners at home.” | 在家享受晚餐 |
[36:54] | I like eating out. | 我喜欢去外面吃饭 |
[36:55] | You like eating, you hate eating out. | 你喜欢吃 但讨厌在外面吃 |
[36:59] | Why would you say that I don’t like to swim? | 你为什么说我不喜欢游泳呢? |
[37:01] | I love to swim. | 我喜欢游泳 |
[37:02] | No, you… you despise it. | 不 你… 你讨厌游泳 |
[37:04] | It irritates your eczema. | 因为游泳会引发你的湿疹 |
[37:08] | Favorite movie? | 最喜欢的电影? |
[37:10] | – Star Wars? – The Big Lebowski. | – 星球大战? – 谋杀绿脚趾 |
[37:17] | Shit. | 该死 |
[37:20] | You’re right. | 你说对了 |
[37:22] | You see? | 你瞧? |
[37:24] | This is why we have to do this together. | 这就是我们要一起做这件事的原因 |
[37:28] | Because I know you… | 因为我比你… |
[37:32] | better than you know you. | 更了解你自己 |
[37:37] | You do. | 是的 |
[37:58] | Wow. I haven’t seen someone look so scared | 哇 自从王薇薇以为她增重两磅以来 |
[38:01] | since Vera Wang thought she gained 2 pounds. | 我还从未见过有谁看起来那么可怕 |
[38:04] | Relax, okay? | 放轻松 好吗? |
[38:06] | I asked you to stay | 我让你留下来 |
[38:08] | because I wanted to show you that. | 因为我想向你展示这个 |
[38:12] | That’s a killer coffin. | 这是个木乃伊 |
[38:14] | That’s the point. | 关键在这里 |
[38:15] | I mean, death doesn’t have to be dowdy. | 我是说 死亡不一定是寒酸的 |
[38:18] | Look at the Egyptians, | 看看这些埃及人 |
[38:19] | they knew how to make it shine. | 他们知道怎么把它变得闪亮 |
[38:21] | I’m sorry about your friend. | 对于你的朋友 我深表遗憾 |
[38:23] | But if you’re gonna be an artist, | 但是 如果你想成为一个艺术家 |
[38:25] | you have to learn | 你必须学会 |
[38:27] | to tap into what’s going on in your life. | 挖掘你生活中发生的事 |
[38:29] | I have done some of my best collections | 我最好的部分作品集 |
[38:31] | after being dumped by some very hot boyfriends. | 是在被那些超性感的男朋友甩掉后完成的 |
[38:33] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[38:35] | This is not the time | 现在还不是 |
[38:36] | to give up on your vision. | 放弃你的想象力的时候 |
[38:38] | It’s the time to find it, | 现在 正应该发现它 |
[38:40] | work it. | 研究它 |
[38:42] | But it’s bleak, Mr. Mizrahi. | 但它太阴冷了 米兹瓦赫先生 |
[38:44] | Isaac. Here, take this home, okay? | 埃塞克 把这个带回家 好吗? |
[38:47] | And just study | 然后去研究 |
[38:49] | and look at how the Egyptians | 看看埃及人是如何 |
[38:51] | met tragedy with style | 把悲剧和风尚 |
[38:53] | and a ton of gold leaf. | 以及一整吨金叶子结合起来的 |
[38:56] | And you do some sketches that are gonna knock | 然后你再做一些草图 |
[38:58] | my limited edition socks off. | 让我限量版设计震惊吧 |
[39:01] | – Okay? – Thank you. | – 好吗? – 谢谢 |
[39:10] | Wow. That was amazing. | 哇 太不可思议了 |
[39:12] | I don’t even feel like | 我甚至没有像 |
[39:15] | falling asleep like I usually do. | 我平时那样想睡 |
[39:18] | Maybe it’s ’cause it’s the afternoon. | 可能因为是下午吧 |
[39:21] | Afternoon delight. | 下午的欢愉 |
[39:25] | Afternoon nookie. | 下午的快感 |
[39:27] | Oh, my God! | 哦 老天 |
[39:28] | You are such a stud. | 你这头种马 |
[39:31] | Look at all these messages from widow dates. | 看看这些寡妇约会的信息 |
[39:33] | Ooh, ooh, ooh. | 哦 哦 哦 |
[39:34] | There’s a woman named Brenda | 有个叫布兰达的女人 |
[39:36] | who wants to have coffee with you. | 想和你共进咖啡 |
[39:40] | Two kids. | 有两个孩子 |
[39:41] | She owns her own travel agency. | 有自己的旅行社 |
[39:44] | She’s cute. | 她很可爱 |
[39:45] | Well, I think you should meet her. | 我认为你应该见见她 |
[39:50] | You can’t have sex with me | 你不能在与我做爱后 |
[39:51] | and then set me up with another woman. | 又把我推向别的女人 |
[39:54] | It’s twisted. | 这太扭曲了 |
[39:55] | – What kind of wife would do that? – A very good one. | – 哪种妻子会做出这种事? – 贤妻良母 |
[39:58] | Look, maybe us working on my online profile together | 瞧 或许我们一起讨论我的网上简历 |
[40:01] | was a weird sort of a… a turn-on. | 是一种奇特的…一种性刺激 |
[40:04] | But that’s as far as it’s gonna go. | 但是它的功效仅限于此 |
[40:06] | – Okay, honey? – No, sh… | – 好吗 宝贝? – 哦 她… |
[40:07] | she’s perfect for you. | 她是你的完美对象 |
[40:08] | She does yoga. | 她做瑜伽 |
[40:09] | She has a home in Stillwater. | 她在静水有一个家 |
[40:11] | I mean, I wanna be friends with her. | 我是说 我想和她成为朋友 |
[40:12] | But don’t you realize how… | 但是 难道你没有认识到这有多… |
[40:14] | how wrong this is? | 多谬误吗? |
[40:16] | You’re still alive. | 你还活着 |
[40:18] | I should not be on this website. | 我不应该出现在这个网站上 |
[40:20] | Well, you can tell her I’m still around | 好吧 如果能让你好受一点 |
[40:22] | if it makes you feel better. | 你可以告诉她我还在世 |
[40:23] | None of this makes me feel any better. | 所有这些都让我不好受 |
[40:26] | Baby steps, Paul. | 慢慢来 保罗 |
[40:29] | Baby steps. | 慢慢来 |
[40:34] | No, really, I have heard it all, | 不 真的 我从未听说过这种事 |
[40:36] | and you win the most generous | 你荣获年度最大方 |
[40:39] | fucking wife of the year award. | 又最操蛋的老婆奖 |
[40:42] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[40:44] | No, but this is the man who I know | 不 但这是我在世上见过的 |
[40:46] | better than any other person in the world, | 最好最优秀的男人 |
[40:48] | who I’ve known longer than any other person… | 是我了解时间最久的男人… |
[40:51] | – Mm-hmm. – Except for Sean and my dad, | – 嗯 – 除了肖恩和我爸以外 |
[40:53] | but that’s different. | 但这是不一样的 |
[40:55] | And there is this… | 而且还有… |
[41:00] | it’s a deep love. | 这是种深爱 |
[41:01] | It’s not always passionate. | 并非总是激情洋溢的 |
[41:03] | It’s not always a walk at the beach. | 也并非如在沙滩漫步一般 |
[41:04] | But we chose each other, and we stayed together. | 但是我们选择了彼此 我们彼此相依 |
[41:09] | And now that I’m looking at the finish line of my own life, | 然后现在 我的生命终点线近在眼前 |
[41:10] | I wanna be his partner right to the end. | 我与他相守之期已到 |
[41:13] | And that means finding his next partner. | 这就需要给他找下一个伴侣 |
[41:15] | And knowing Paul as I do, | 而我非常了解保罗 |
[41:16] | I think I’m the best person for the job. | 我是完成这项工作的不二人选 |
[41:19] | And really, it doesn’t bother you, | 实话实说 你真的不觉得困扰 |
[41:22] | this life that he’s gonna have with someone else? | 眼看着他和其他人共享余生吗? |
[41:25] | I mean, that would drive a lot of women crazy, | 我是说 那会让很多女人发疯 |
[41:27] | including me. | 包括我 |
[41:29] | Oh, I have other things to worry about. | 哦 我有别的困扰 |
[41:34] | Will my other leg go numb? | 我的腿会失去知觉吗? |
[41:36] | What about my arms? Will I go blind? | 我的胳膊呢? 我会瞎掉吗? |
[41:38] | That stuff scares the shit out of me. | 这些事情能把我吓出屎来 |
[42:23] | Are you disorganizing my kitchen? | 你在破坏我的厨房吗? |
[42:25] | No. I’m making it cane-friendly. | 不 我要把它改造成拐杖友好型厨房 |
[42:28] | I’m moving all your favorite coffee cups next to the machine, | 我正把所有你最爱的咖啡杯摆到咖啡机旁 |
[42:31] | so you don’t have to shuffle back and forth. | 这样你不用来回倒腾 |
[42:34] | I’m doing the pots and pans next. | 我正把盘盘罐罐放在一起 |
[42:35] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不行 |
[42:36] | Because you… have a date. | 因为你… 有个约会 |
[42:43] | Excuse me? | 抱歉? |
[42:44] | Remember Brenda from Chapter 2 | 还记得”第二篇章”里的 |
[42:46] | who wanted to have coffee? | 要与你共进咖啡的布兰达吗? |
[42:47] | I told her yes. | 我跟她说好了 |
[42:49] | You’re meeting her at the pastry place | 在半小时后 你要在 |
[42:50] | on Lyndale in half an hour. | 琳戴利街的甜品店与她见面 |
[42:51] | – I’m not going. – Yes, you are. | – 我不去 – 不 你要去 |
[42:53] | Honey, open up your computer, | 宝贝 打开你的电脑 |
[42:55] | and you tell Brenda that | 然后告诉布兰达 |
[42:56] | I’m not gonna meet her now or ever. | 我现在不会见她 将来更不会 |
[42:58] | She’s already hired a sitter. | 她已经定了座了 |
[43:00] | I’m trying to enjoy my relationship | 我还要和我依旧在世的妻子 |
[43:02] | with my very alive wife, | 欢享亲情呢 |
[43:04] | who’s just crossed such a strange line. | 她现在正奇怪着呢 |
[43:08] | I don’t have her phone number, Paul. | 我没有她的电话号码 保罗 |
[43:11] | If you don’t go now, you’re standing up a widow. | 如果你现在不去 你就是放了一个寡妇的鸽子 |
[43:18] | Lydia, B-plus! | 莉迪亚 我得了B加! |
[43:20] | Dude, I knew you could do it! | 老兄 我早知道你能行 |
[43:22] | Yeah, suck it, chemistry! | 是啊 化学 老子完胜! |
[43:54] | Nice to meet the man behind the profile. | 很高兴见到简历背后的真人 |
[43:56] | I’m so sorry that I’m late. | 对不起 我迟到了 |
[43:58] | Oh, please, I’m usually the one that’s late. | 哦 拜托 我常常是那个迟到的人 |
[44:01] | There, now you know, runs late. | 那里 你现在知道 启动迟了 |
[44:04] | I hope you don’t mind, I’ve ordered some dessert. | 我希望你不介意 我点了一些甜点 |
[44:05] | I’m starving, and I love sugar. | 我饿了 我喜欢甜食 |
[44:07] | There, now you see more of my foibles. | 你看 现在你知道我更多缺点了 |
[44:11] | I got two forks that you would be complicit… | 我要了两个叉子 你可以一起… |
[44:12] | Brenda, you seem like a really nice woman. | 布兰达 你看来真的是个好女人 |
[44:15] | And I don’t wanna waste your time, | 我不想浪费你的时间 |
[44:18] | so I’m just gonna dive right in here. | 所以我想在此实话实说 |
[44:21] | I need to apologize. | 我需要向你道歉 |
[44:23] | Not usually how these things begin. | 这样的开端并不常见 |
[44:26] | This whole thing was my wife’s idea… | 这整件事情是我妻子的主意… |
[44:31] | my alive wife. | 我活着的妻子 |
[44:33] | You’re married? | 你结婚了? |
[44:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[44:37] | Of course you are. | 当然 你结过婚 |
[44:40] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[44:41] | – Of course. – You know, | – 当然 – 你知道 |
[44:42] | she found the website. | 她找到这个网站 |
[44:43] | And she filled out the profile. | 她填了这个简历 |
[44:45] | And, um, you know, | 那个 嗯 |
[44:49] | she has cancer, you know? | 她有癌症 |
[44:52] | Going to die of cancer. | 她就要死于癌症了 |
[44:57] | And I think she just… | 我觉得她只是… |
[45:02] | she just wants to know that I’m gonna be okay. | 她想知道我会好好的 |
[45:09] | I’m so sorry. I’m very embarrassed. | 对不起 我真是太难堪了 |
[45:12] | And even if she weren’t still here, | 就算她已经不在了 |
[45:16] | I don’t know if I could do this. | 我可能也不会来约会 |
[45:19] | I’ve been a widow for ten years. | 我丈夫去世十年了 |
[45:22] | It was five before I could even think | 五年后我才会想 |
[45:24] | about going on a date. | 要出去约个会 |
[45:26] | Yeah, well… | 是啊… |
[45:27] | I’m sorry that this is happening to you. | 对于你的事 我很难过 |
[45:31] | Yeah. | 我知道 |
[45:33] | She likes you very much. | 她超喜欢你的 |
[45:34] | Loves your profile, wishes you could be friends. | 喜欢你的档案 希望能和你做朋友 |
[45:37] | How fucked up is that? | 现在这样多尴尬啊? |
[45:39] | One cheesecake, | 一个芝士蛋糕 |
[45:40] | two forks? | 两个叉子? |
[45:44] | Stay and have some cake. Okay? | 留下来吃蛋糕吧 好吗? |
[46:08] | – Hey. – Table for one? | – 嘿 – 一个人吗? |
[46:10] | No, thank you. I just… | 不是 谢谢 我… |
[46:11] | I have to give someone their wallet. | 我得把钱包给它的主人 |
[46:13] | I’m not sure if they’re still here. | 不知道他们还在不在这里 |
[46:16] | Yeah, yeah. | 对 对 |
[46:17] | You know, that place is fun. | 那个地方挺好玩的 |
[46:19] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 是 对啊 |
[46:21] | No, I’ve been there. I’ve been there. | 不 我去过那里 我去过 |
[46:22] | I’m very glad to meet you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[46:24] | That’s very nice of you, under the circumstances. | 这样看来 你真是个好人 |
[46:26] | Would you do it? | 你能把这个给他吗? |
[46:27] | It’s that man in the tan jacket. | 那个穿褐色外套的男士 |
[46:30] | – No problem. – Thank you. | – 没问题 – 谢谢 |
[46:46] | Mm. Mm-hmm. | 嗯 嗯 |
[46:50] | So your labs are very good. | 你的化验报告不错啊 |
[46:52] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 谢谢 |
[46:54] | Well, other than a toothache, like, a year ago, | 在去年 除了牙痛外 |
[46:56] | which I indicated in my health history, | 这个我已经在健康记录上标示出来了 |
[46:57] | I am fit as a fiddle. | 我的身体棒得很 |
[47:00] | Blood type “O,” which is universal for kidney donation. | O型血 这对于肾脏捐赠来说是普遍适用的 |
[47:02] | That’s just preliminary, | 这只是基础 |
[47:03] | – of course. – Yeah. | – 当然啦 – 是 |
[47:04] | And then we’d also need a tissue match, | 我们还要做个组织配对 |
[47:05] | which would involve more tests. | 其中还会有更多的检测 |
[47:07] | I’m highly motivated, doctor. | 我主意已定了 医生 |
[47:09] | I see you also have had | 我知到你以前有过 |
[47:11] | some mental health issues in the past. | 一些精神上的健康问题 |
[47:12] | Not gonna lie, had my moments. | 不瞒你说 是有过 |
[47:14] | But I feel like I’ve been | 但是我感觉在这段时间里 |
[47:16] | on a pretty even keel for a while now, | 已经稳定很多了 |
[47:18] | and I’m really ready to give back to my community. | 我也准备好要回报社会了 |
[47:20] | You see, that’s the thing. | 你看 就是这样 |
[47:21] | Living donation, what you want to do, | 活人捐赠器官 做你想做的事 |
[47:23] | isn’t that common. | 这一点都不寻常 |
[47:25] | And given your mental history, | 考虑到你的精神病史 |
[47:27] | we need to be absolutely certain that you are of sound mind | 我们必须要确定你真的 |
[47:29] | and that you are very clear about why you’re doing this. | 清楚自己为什么要这么做 |
[47:32] | Doc. | 医生 |
[47:34] | I may have had a few bouts | 可能我那不太理想的精神疾病 |
[47:35] | of less-than-optimal mental health… | 有发作过几次… |
[47:38] | but my kidneys are completely sane. | 但我的肾脏绝对是健康的 |
[47:45] | You know, I thought you’d be | 我认为你对我这个情况的 |
[47:47] | a little bit more enthusiastic about my gesture. | 反应也太大了 |
[47:50] | This seems to be an impulsive decision. | 考虑到你的精神病史 |
[47:52] | And given your psychological profile, | 这看来像是个冲动的决定 |
[47:54] | that is a significant concern. | 这的确需要细细地考量 |
[47:57] | Wait, wait. Are you rejecting my kidney? | 等等 你要拒绝我的肾脏吗? |
[48:00] | I’m saying you should take some time to think about it. | 我是说你应该再好好想想 |
[48:04] | Look, look, doctor. | 听我说 医生 |
[48:06] | I know that you’re the professional here, | 你是专业人士没错 |
[48:08] | but let me just explain something | 但也让我跟你说一些 |
[48:10] | that might not be in the file, | 没有记录在档案里的事 |
[48:11] | that you’re otherwise pretty impressed with. | 你说不定还会感到惊讶呢 |
[48:14] | I have taken some time, before I even got here. | 来这儿之前 我就已经想过了 |
[48:17] | I… I don’t have a job. | 我…我没有工作 |
[48:18] | I’m not in a relationship. | 也没有伴侣 |
[48:20] | No kids that I know of. | 据我所知也没有孩子 |
[48:22] | I just… I sit around a house I got for free, | 我…整天呆在一套别人白给的房子里 |
[48:25] | and I flip through a dead lady’s junk mail. | 没事就看看一个过世的女士的邮件 |
[48:28] | Maybe I do a little composting. | 自己都闲得发霉了 |
[48:30] | So I’ve had time to think about this | 所以我有时间来考虑这其中的风险 |
[48:32] | and the risks and why I still wanna do it. | 以及为何我仍然想要做这件事 |
[48:34] | And what I didn’t say to you right off the bat | 我一开始没有告诉你的是 |
[48:37] | is that I… I’m just a guy… | 我… 我有… |
[48:43] | with a sister, | 有一个 |
[48:45] | a beautiful, generous, | 美丽 大方 |
[48:49] | occasionally irritating sister | 有时候又很恼人的妹妹 |
[48:53] | who’s dying. | 她就要死了 |
[48:56] | And all I’ve ever wanted to do is save her life. | 而我想做的只是救救她 |
[49:00] | But, um… | 可是… |
[49:04] | I can’t. | 我救不了 |
[49:08] | That’s not how our story’s gonna end. | 但这绝对不会就这么算了 |
[49:12] | But I have to believe that there is | 我相信自己还是可以 |
[49:14] | somebody else out there who I can help. | 帮助一些人的 |
[49:18] | And maybe they have a brother | 也许他们的兄弟 |
[49:21] | who will get to be with them | 因为有了我的帮助 |
[49:23] | for a whole, long lifetime because of me. | 而能够和家人一起走过漫长的人生 |
[49:35] | Hey. Hi. | 嘿 嗨 |
[49:39] | Remember me? | 还记得我吗? |
[49:40] | I… I brought my wedding dress in here | 我… 我几天前把婚纱带来这里 |
[49:43] | the other day, and now I really wish I hadn’t. | 现在我真希望当时没那么做 |
[49:45] | I just… I wanna hang onto it for a little bit longer. | 我… 我还想留着它久一点 |
[49:48] | I’ll buy it back if I have to. | 必要的话我会买回来的 |
[49:50] | Check the rack back there with the formals. | 看看那边架上的礼服堆里有没有 |
[49:52] | Ah, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[50:04] | I can help you with this too. | 这个我帮你 |
[50:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[50:06] | Lay this out. | 把这里铺开 |
[50:12] | – What do you think? – Oh, you look so great. | – 你觉得怎么样? – 噢 你好漂亮 |
[50:17] | That’s perfect. | 太棒了 |
[50:31] | I’ll definitely remember that. | 我肯定忘不了这次 |
[50:48] | Oh, hey. Sorry about all the glitter on the floor. | 嘿 不好意思把闪粉弄得满地都是 |
[50:51] | I’ll vacuum it up. | 我会清理干净的 |
[50:52] | No, leave it. I like it. | 不 别管了 我喜欢这个 |
[50:54] | Oh, Andrea, that is stunning. | 噢 安德莉亚 真好看 |
[50:58] | Girlfriend got her sparkle back. | 小女我的灵感又回来了 |
[50:59] | I found some inspiration in king tut | 我从法老王和其他埃及富人那里 |
[51:01] | and a bunch of other, like, rich Egyptians. | 找到了些灵感 |
[51:03] | Hey, did you know that the pharaohs | 嘿 你知道吗? 那些暴君们 |
[51:06] | wanted to be buried with all their stuff? | 都想和自己的财产埋在一起 |
[51:08] | They thought that they could take everything with them | 他们认为来世他们还能 |
[51:10] | to the afterlife, like everything. | 拥有所有的这些东西 |
[51:11] | Like, jewels and spices and honey, gold, and… | 像珠宝 香料 蜂蜜 黄金啊 等等… |
[51:16] | their cats. | 还有他们的猫 |
[51:17] | I’m not sure that that made a whole lot of sense, | 我不知道这样做有没有意义 |
[51:19] | but damn, these dudes knew how to rock a tomb. | 不过 这些家伙真是打造坟墓的高手啊 |
[51:21] | Could you make this? | 你能做出来吗? |
[51:22] | – For class? – For me. | – 课上用吗? – 给我的 |
[51:27] | I wanna be buried in it. | 我想埋在里面 |
[51:31] | Don’t be grim. | 别说的这么阴森 |
[51:33] | Say yes. | 快答应我 |
[51:35] | No, I… I want a new dress. | 不 我…我想要一件新裙子 |
[51:36] | And I would love to know | 我要是能在葬礼上穿着它 |
[51:38] | that I’m wearing this to my funeral. | 会很高兴的 |
[51:46] | Yeah. I’ll do it up right, Mrs. J. | 是啊 我会把它做好的 J老师 |
[51:50] | Good. | 好 |
[51:52] | ‘Cause I think I should rock my casket | 我觉得我也该像暴君一样 |
[51:53] | like a pharaoh, don’t you? | 打点自己的棺材 你说呢? |
[51:56] | I do. | 没错 |
[51:58] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[53:54] | Mrs. J, I’ll be home early. | J老师 我会早点回来的 |
[53:56] | So call me if you want me | 如果你想要什么东西或有事 |
[53:58] | to pick something up or whatever. | 给我打电话就是了 |
[53:59] | Uh, no breakfast for me, mom. | 不用给我做早餐了 妈 |
[54:01] | I gotta go meet Lydia early. | 我得早点去见莉迪亚 |
[54:02] | Thank you for hiring her, by the way. | 谢谢你请她当我的家教 |
[54:03] | She’s a… she’s a kickass tutor. | 她…她真的很厉害 |
[54:08] | See ya, love you. | 再见 爱你哦 |
[54:09] | Superstar! | 大明星! |
[54:16] | Nice night. | 昨晚真棒 |
[54:21] | No more sleeping on the couch. | 不用再睡沙发了 |
[54:24] | Eggs are burning, sweetie. | 鸡蛋要焦了 老婆 |
[54:35] | There we go. | 这下好了 |
[54:45] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |