英文名称:The Box
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:43] | 兰利空军总部 高度机密 内部备忘录 马丁·提格 国安局副局长 | |
[02:01] | You hear something? | 你听到什么声音吗 |
[02:03] | It’s the doorbell. | 门铃声 |
[02:06] | -Are you sure? -Mm-hm. | -你确定吗 -嗯 |
[02:10] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[02:16] | Quarter to 6. | 五点三刻 |
[03:12] | -What is it? -Someone left a box. | -什么东西 -有人在门口放了个盒子 |
[03:15] | Who? | 谁? |
[03:16] | I don’t know. There was a car and they just drove off. | 我不知道 只看到一辆车开走 |
[03:20] | Did Santa come early this year? | 今年圣诞老人提前送礼物了吗 |
[03:27] | I guess we’re up. | 我看咱们算是都起床了 |
[03:35] | You never really believed in Santa Claus, did you? | 你从不相信圣诞老人存在 对吧 |
[03:37] | Not really. You should’ve come up with a better story… | 也不是 你应该编一个比… |
[03:40] | than a fat guy coming down the chimney. | 一个胖家伙从烟囱里钻出来更好的故事 |
[03:41] | -It’s so illogical. -And illegal. | -那太不合理了 -也不合法 |
[03:43] | It’s breaking and entering. | 可是非法入侵呀 |
[03:48] | What kind of car was it? | 是什么样的车呀 |
[03:50] | Well, it was black. | 一辆黑色的车 |
[03:54] | -Okay. -Why would they just drive off? | -好吧 -那它为什么开走了 |
[03:59] | I don’t know, sweetheart. | 宝贝 我也不知道 |
[04:03] | Get the box. | 拿好盒子 |
[04:07] | What is it? | 里面是什么 |
[04:11] | Never seen anything like it before in my life. | 我还没见过这样的东西呢 |
[04:13] | Well, you need a key to open it. | 得有钥匙才能打开 |
[04:20] | There’s a note. | 有张便条 |
[04:23] | Looks like a wedding invitation. | 怎么像张结婚请柬 |
[04:26] | Is it some sort of bridesmaid gift from the Powells? | 难道是鲍威尔家给我们的伴娘礼物? |
[04:30] | “Mr. Steward will call upon you at 5 p.m.” | 斯图尔特先生会在下午五点来拜访 |
[04:35] | Do you know a Mr. Steward? | 你认识斯图尔特先生吗 |
[04:37] | I don’t. Do you? | 不认识 你呢 |
[05:17] | -It’s snowing. -It won’t stick. | -下雪了 -没关系的 |
[05:20] | Hey. PB and J. | 看 PB和J来了 |
[05:22] | -Did you cut the bread into squares? -Of course, like always. | -面包切成片了吗 -当然 和平时一样 |
[05:25] | Well, don’t do that. Squares are for babies. | 别总这样 我又不是小孩子了 |
[05:27] | -Hey, Mrs. Lewis. -Hi, Mrs. Lewis. | -你好 路易斯太太 -你好 路易斯太太 |
[05:29] | Morning, boys. | 早上好 孩子们 |
[05:30] | Feel free to call me Norma. Mrs. Lewis makes me feel old. | 叫我诺玛吧 路易斯太太听上去太老了 |
[05:34] | You are old. | 你已经老了 |
[05:36] | I’m only 35. | 我才35岁 |
[05:38] | Yeah, to us, that’s old. | 对我们来说 已经很老了 |
[05:40] | You’re kind of a geezer. | 是个小老太婆了 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1250个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:244个,六级词汇:136个,GRE词汇:115个,托福词汇:189个,考研词汇:258个,专四词汇:217个,专八词汇:35个, 所有生词标注共:403个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:42] | You’ll be a geezer one day too, Mr. Smarty-Pants. | 你早晚也会变成一个小老头的 机灵鬼 |
[05:47] | Why does the bus stop have to be in the front of my driveway? | 校车为什么要停在我家门前 |
[05:50] | So I can watch my little Walter get on the bus safe, in one piece. | 这样才能看着我的小宝贝安全上车呀 |
[05:54] | Please go inside, you’re embarrassing me. | 快进屋去吧 搞的我很丢脸诶 |
[05:57] | -My love embarrasses you? -Yes, it does. | -老妈让你觉得丢人了? -是的 |
[05:59] | What if I give my big strong Walter a big hug and a kiss… | 要是在你上车前 我当着你朋友的面… |
[06:02] | right before he gets on the bus? | 给你来个大大的拥抱呢 |
[06:04] | -Do it, do it. -Mom, get off. | -拥抱 拥抱 -老妈 拜托 |
[06:10] | Bye, Walter. See you boys later. | 再见 沃尔特 大家再见 |
[06:36] | Little early for a midlife crisis, don’t you think? | 我们的中年危机来的早了些 是吧 |
[06:39] | So, who’s Mr. Steward? | 斯图尔特先生是谁 |
[06:44] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[06:47] | Is it someone from school? | 是学校里的同事吗 |
[06:49] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[06:52] | Is it your secret lover? | 是你的秘密情人吗 |
[06:55] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[06:57] | I hate you too. | 我也恨你 |
[07:15] | Three strangers trapped in a room for all eternity. | 三个陌生人永远被囚在一间房里 |
[07:20] | Each wanting something from the other. | 每个人都想向别人索取 |
[07:24] | A wish unfulfilled. | 一个未能完成的心愿 |
[07:27] | This is Sartre’s vision of hell. | 这是萨特认为地狱的最初想象 |
[07:30] | Hell is other people. | 他人即地狱 |
[07:32] | Yes. Hell is other people seeing you for who you truly are. | 是的 他人会看到你的本性 |
[07:39] | So, what does this mean for Estelle? | 这对艾斯特尔来说 意味着什么 |
[07:42] | It means she’s going to rot in hell. | 那意味着她会下地狱 |
[07:45] | She’s a slut who married for money and killed her baby. | 她是个荡妇 为钱结婚 还害死自己的孩子 |
[07:49] | It’s slightly more complicated than that, Charles. | 情况比这要复杂得多 查尔斯 |
[07:54] | See, she was poor and married into money to save her family. | 她很穷 为钱结婚来拯救她的家庭 |
[07:58] | What happened to your foot? | 你的脚怎么了 |
[08:04] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[08:06] | I’ve seen you limp. | 你走路有点跛 |
[08:08] | Did something happen to your foot? | 你的脚有什么问题吗 |
[08:15] | Can we see it? | 我们能看看吗 |
[08:17] | -My foot? -Yeah. | -我的脚? -是的 |
[08:20] | Can we see what it looks like? | 能让我们看看是什么样的吗 |
[08:22] | -Why don’t you just shut up? -Yeah, come on. | -你闭嘴吧 -是啊 闭嘴 |
[08:26] | What? Are you embarrassed? | 怎么 你不好意思吗 |
[08:48] | Oh, man. | 我的天 |
[09:19] | Remember, everyone, essays are due tomorrow. | 大家记着 明天要交论文 |
[09:22] | All right, I’ll do it. | 好的 我会交的 |
[09:48] | Whether life has begun or not… | 不管生命开始与否… |
[09:50] | it is critical to our concept of chemical evolution… | 化学变革的概念都是至关重要的… |
[09:53] | to determine the path of carbon chemistry. | 这决定了碳工业的发展方向 |
[09:57] | Mars offers the first opportunity… | 火星为我们提供了第一个机会… |
[10:00] | to gain another perspective in the cosmic history of planetary chemistry. | 让我们可以获取宇宙化学资源 |
[10:06] | -Are there any questions? -What’s the next step? | -大家有问题吗 -下一步计划是什么 |
[10:09] | Yes, in the back. Rhonda. | 好的 后面那位 朗达 |
[10:12] | Yes. Can you elaborate on the soil tests? | 好的 你能详细解释一下土壤测验的事吗 |
[10:16] | The gas exchange experiment measures the production or uptake of C02, nitrogen… | 火星土壤标本孵化中 混合气体试验测出了… |
[10:23] | methane, hydrogen and oxygen during the incubation of the Martian soil sample. | 二氧化碳 氮气 甲烷 氢气和氧气的产量 |
[10:29] | Why is the National Security Agency involved? | 为什么国家安全局搅合进来 |
[10:34] | The NSA? | 国家安全局吗 |
[10:36] | Yes, Martin Teague, deputy director of the NSA is here in Langley. | 是的 国家安全局的马丁·提格 也来了兰利 |
[10:40] | Why is the NSA here at Langley? | 他为什么要来 |
[10:42] | Would you tell us about tests? | 能否告知内情 |
[10:44] | Would an ancient Martian civilization have left something behind? | 有没有发现什么古火星文明? |
[10:47] | I have no comment, but I thank you for the information, Rhonda. | 抱歉 无可奉告 不过感谢你的消息 |
[10:50] | Any other questions? | 还有其他问题吗 |
[10:53] | If we find water beneath the surface… | 如果我们在地下发现水源… |
[10:55] | and the orbiter photos of Utopia Planitia indicate there were once rivers… | 并且卫星图片能够清晰显示… |
[10:59] | on the surface of the planet… | 该星球地表上曾有河流出现过… |
[11:01] | it’s quite possible we’ll eventually find evidence of life. | 那就很可能可以证明曾有生命存在过 |
[11:04] | And who are you? | 你是谁呀? |
[11:05] | Arthur Lewis. I used to work in the optics lab. | 亚瑟·路易斯 他们的同事 |
[11:08] | I helped design the camera. | 我帮助设计了那个摄像机 |
[11:09] | -There in the back. -NASA continues funding… | -后面那位 -国家航天局继续资助… |
[11:12] | In your short time with us, you’ve really become part of our family here at Libby Hill. | 虽然你来这没多久 但我们像一家人一样 |
[11:19] | That’s why it’s so difficult to tell you this. | 所以我很不愿意说出这些话 |
[11:24] | We’ve canceled the faculty tuition discount. | 我们取消了对教职工的学费优惠 |
[11:34] | Starting when? | 何时开始? |
[11:36] | Next semester. | 下学期 |
[11:42] | I’m real sorry about this, Norma. | 诺玛 我很抱歉 |
[11:47] | I know you are. | 我能理解 |
[11:52] | Your nose is bleeding. | 你在流鼻血 |
[12:14] | Why does your mom limp? | 你妈妈走路怎么有点跛 |
[12:17] | None of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[12:21] | -So, what are you gonna do? -I don’t know. | -你打算怎么办 -我不知道 |
[12:23] | We’re already living paycheck to paycheck. | 我们已经穷的叮当响了 |
[12:26] | Well, what does Arthur think? | 亚瑟怎么说? |
[12:29] | He doesn’t know yet. | 我还没告诉他 |
[12:31] | Oh, God, this is gonna devastate him. | 他一定接受不了 |
[12:36] | Then again, he’s still living on Mars. | 而且他还在忙那个火星项目 |
[12:41] | -Oh, man. -What is it with that tie? | -老兄 -这领带怎么了 |
[12:43] | -Third time you’ve worn that this week. -This is my lucky tie. | -这周你已经带了三次了 -这是我的幸运领带 |
[12:46] | God knows you need it. | 老天知道你需要它 |
[12:48] | I should loan it to you since today’s the big day, huh? | 我可以借你带下 今天是你的大日子吧? |
[12:51] | -Yep. -Absolutely. | -是啊 -当然了 |
[12:54] | Planet Earth’s not good enough for old Arthur. He’s gotta go up to outer space. | 地球不适合你老人家住了 搬到外太空才行了 |
[12:58] | Well, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We shall see. | 别高兴的太早 我们等着瞧吧 |
[13:00] | Yeah. You’re getting a little too big for them britches. | 是啊 你可别狂妄自大呀 |
[13:03] | I’ll go tell the boss you’ve been working on a personal project on company time. | 我会告诉老板你工作时间干私活 |
[13:08] | -Is that what you’re gonna do? -Absolutely. | -你要告密吗 -当然 |
[13:10] | -Terry, don’t blow the place up. -Yeah, I know, I know. | -特里 别烧了这地方 -明白 |
[13:13] | Well, it’s a Christmas present for Norma. Is that all right with you? | 这是给诺玛的圣诞礼物 你觉得怎么样 |
[13:17] | It’s sweet, I guess. Where’s my present? | 我看不错 谁送礼物给我啊 |
[13:21] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[13:22] | -Thank you. -Don’t mention it. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[13:49] | Your summer favorites are back to strut their stuff. | 你的夏日爱好就是回去让他们炫耀一番 |
[13:52] | It’s Roger, Dwayne and Rerun. | 是罗杰 韦恩和瑞恩 |
[13:55] | There’s Roger’s mama and his lovable sister, Dee. | 那是罗杰的妈妈和他可爱的妹妹 |
[13:59] | It’s the premiere of the show that answers the hilarious question, “What’s happening?” | 首播将回答那个常见的问题 咋回事? |
[14:03] | Next Saturday night on ABC. | ABC电视台下周六晚播出 |
[14:11] | Hello. May I help you? | 你好 有啥事 |
[14:15] | Mrs. Lewis? | 路易斯太太吗 |
[14:21] | Yes? | 是的 |
[14:23] | Hello. My name is Arlington Steward. | 你好 我是阿灵顿·斯图尔特 |
[14:27] | I assume you received the box I left on your doorstep. | 我想你收到我在你门前放的盒子了吧 |
[14:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:34] | And you found the button unit inside the box? | 你也看到盒子里的按钮了吧 |
[14:38] | Is that what you call it? | 你是这么叫它的? |
[14:41] | A button unit? | 按钮? |
[14:42] | Yes, we do. | 是的 没错 |
[14:47] | Please don’t let my appearance frighten you. | 请不要被我的外表吓到 |
[14:50] | I assure you I’m not a monster. | 我保证我不是怪物 |
[14:52] | I’m just a man with a job to do. | 我只是一个有事要做的人 |
[14:57] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[15:00] | Sure. | 当然 |
[15:08] | Can I offer you anything? | 您要吃点什么吗 |
[15:10] | Oh, no, thank you. I never have much of an appetite. | 不用了 谢谢 我是个没啥食欲的人 |
[15:16] | Shall we sit down? | 我们能坐下谈谈吗 |
[15:26] | So… | 那么… |
[15:28] | are you trying to sell me something? | 你是要推销什么东西吗 |
[15:30] | Yes, in a way. I do have an offer to make. | 是的 某种程度上 我确实提供某个东西 |
[15:35] | What are you offering? | 提供什么 |
[15:37] | A financial opportunity. | 一个赚钱的机会 |
[15:40] | Let me explain. | 我解释一下 |
[15:44] | In this envelope, there is a key. | 这个信封里 有一把钥匙 |
[15:46] | I’ll show you. | 我来演示一下 |
[15:50] | This key opens the glass dome to the button unit. | 钥匙打开盒子 看到按钮 |
[15:55] | Voila. | 就是这个 |
[16:01] | Now, if you push the button, two things will happen. | 现在 如果你按下按钮 会发生两件事 |
[16:07] | First, someone, somewhere in the world, whom you don’t know… | 一 世界某处的某个你不认识的人… |
[16:13] | will die. | 会死去 |
[16:17] | Second… | 二… |
[16:19] | you will receive a payment… | 你会得到一笔报酬… |
[16:22] | of 1 million dollars. | 就是一百万美元 |
[16:26] | Tax-free. | 完全免税 |
[16:32] | The payment will be delivered to you by me… | 酬劳会由我亲自给你… |
[16:38] | in cash. | 现金支付 |
[16:40] | Just as you see here. | 就是你现在看到的这些 |
[16:49] | Oh, and Mrs. Lewis, please permit me… | 路易斯太太 请允许我… |
[16:51] | to present to you this crisp 100-dollar bill as a gift… | 把这一百美元作为礼物送给你… |
[16:57] | in exchange for your kindness in allowing me into your home. | 以此感谢你对我的招待 |
[17:06] | You’re gonna give me this 100-dollar bill… | 即使我拒绝了… |
[17:10] | even if I say no? | 你还是要给我这一百美元吗 |
[17:12] | That is correct. | 是的 |
[17:17] | Are you for real? | 你说的是真的吗 |
[17:19] | Oh, I assure you, Mrs. Lewis… | 我向你保证 路易斯太太… |
[17:22] | this offer is quite real. | 这绝对是真的 |
[17:27] | Well, who do you work for? | 你为谁工作 |
[17:30] | Guarantee of payment comes with three restrictions, I’m afraid. | 恐怕我有三个理由不能告诉你 |
[17:35] | One, I am not permitted… | 第一 未经允许… |
[17:38] | to disclose any information about the identity of my employers. | 我不能泄露我老板的信息 |
[17:43] | Two, you are not permitted to discuss the details of this with anyone… | 第二 你不能和任何人讨论这事… |
[17:48] | except your husband, of course. | 当然除了你丈夫 |
[17:51] | Three, you have 24 hours. | 第三 你有二十四小时来考虑 |
[17:57] | You have until 5:00 tomorrow to make your decision. | 明天五点之前 你要做出决定 |
[18:01] | At which point… | 一到五点… |
[18:03] | I shall return and retrieve the button unit. | 我会再来 收回按钮 |
[18:08] | It will be reprogrammed… | 我会重新设置… |
[18:10] | and the offer will be made to someone else. | 然后去和别人交易 |
[18:17] | It’s been a pleasure meeting you, Mrs. Lewis. | 见到你很高兴 路易斯太太 |
[18:33] | -It’s a new prosthesis for her foot. -You got it. | -是个鞋垫 -是的 |
[18:36] | But I’m using the new GE Silastic polymer… | 但我是用的新的硅胶材料… |
[18:39] | they’re developing for the pilot chairs for the shuttle. | 开发给飞行员用椅子的材料 |
[18:41] | -Nice, pal. -Thank you. | -不错嘛 -谢谢 |
[18:43] | Hey. What happened to her foot? | 她的脚怎么了 |
[18:49] | When she was 17, her brother dropped a barbell on her foot. | 她17岁时 她哥哥掉了个杠铃在她脚上 |
[18:54] | She thinks one of her toes is broken, so she goes to the hospital. | 她感觉有个脚趾断了 就去了医院 |
[18:57] | The doctor sets her in a chair, turns the x-ray machine on… | 医生安排她坐好 然后打开X射线机器… |
[19:00] | then goes to check on another patient down the hall. | 然后医生就去检查其他病人了 |
[19:03] | And he forgets all about Norma. | 而医生完全把诺玛忘了 |
[19:06] | Leaves the x-ray machine running. | X射线就一直开着 |
[19:08] | Oh, Jesus, that’s… | 天啊 这也太… |
[19:10] | -That’s not good. -No. | -过分了 -是啊 |
[19:13] | The tissue in four of her toes was completely destroyed by the radiation. | 她的四个脚趾的皮肤组织全部被辐射破坏 |
[19:17] | They had to amputate four of her toes? | 然后要截掉她的四个脚趾? |
[19:20] | Yep. Then they had to go in and get skin from her inner thigh… | 是的 然后用她大腿内部的皮肤… |
[19:23] | to cover the front of her foot. | 来整她的前脚 |
[19:25] | This is back in 1958, so they didn’t have the skin-graft techniques they do now. | 那是1958年的时候 不像现在可以用移植的方法 |
[19:30] | And she had to sit like this, the same position… | 她要维持这样一个姿势… |
[19:34] | full body cast, for a month, waiting for it to heal. | 干坐一个月来恢复 |
[19:38] | Jesus. I hope she sued this idiot. | 我的天 希望她控告了那个白痴医生 |
[19:41] | Oh, yeah. Her family sued and they won. | 是的 她家提出诉讼并且赢了 |
[19:43] | -What was the settlement? -Ten thousand dollars. | -如何赔偿的? -一万美元 |
[19:48] | If this sucker works, she can start jogging again. | 如果这玩意有用 那她就能尝试慢跑了 |
[19:51] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[19:56] | That’s a nice thing you’re doing for Norma. | 你为诺玛做的这个真的很不错 |
[19:59] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 |
[20:01] | One good turn deserves another. | 好人有好报 |
[20:03] | This just arrived for you. Certified mail from… | 我刚刚收到这个鉴定书… |
[20:08] | The Astronaut Corps? | 宇航员协会寄来的 |
[20:37] | This is a joke? | 不是开玩笑吧? |
[20:39] | Well, that’s the way it came. Nobody opened it. | 就是这样呀 还没人看过呢 |
[20:42] | Well, it says I was rejected. | 信上说 我被拒了 |
[20:46] | What? | 什么 |
[20:50] | Arthur Lewis. | 亚瑟·路易斯 |
[20:52] | His astronaut application was rejected. | 他的宇航员申请被拒绝了 |
[20:55] | Can you tell me why? | 能告诉我原因吗 |
[20:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:04] | Arthur, they say you failed the psychological exam. | 亚瑟 他们说你的心理测试不及格 |
[21:13] | You gotta be kidding me. | 开什么玩笑 |
[21:15] | That makes no sense. | 这不可能 |
[21:28] | Norm, I aced every test. | 我每项测试都是高分 |
[21:37] | I was counting on this. | 我就指望这个了 |
[21:40] | You know? | 你知道的 |
[21:43] | What am I supposed to do with the rest of my life? | 不然我的余生该做什么呢 |
[21:46] | There are many great opportunities here. | 这里也有很多好机会的 |
[21:48] | Well, we just got a grant to develop optics for the new planetary camera system. | 你可以去研究新行星的航拍光学系统 |
[21:52] | You’re perfect for it. | 你是最合适的人选 |
[21:56] | A quasi-managerial position that doesn’t exist? | 有没有管理层职位? |
[22:25] | Well, we’ll always have Mars. | 火星计划不会终止的 |
[22:31] | Alice, honey, when are you and me gonna get together? | 亲爱的爱丽丝 我们何时才能在一起? |
[22:35] | When Barry Goldwater gets together with Jane Fonda. | 巴里·戈德华特和简·方达要何时才能在一起呢 |
[22:38] | Before I could ask him any more questions, he got in his car and drove away. | 我还没来得及问其他问题 他就上车走了 |
[22:46] | What are you doing? Be careful. | 你要干什么 小心点 |
[22:49] | Oh, come on, Norma, you can’t think this thing’s real. | 得了 你不会当真了吧 |
[22:52] | -Did you get his license plate? -No. | -你记下他的车牌了吗 -没有 |
[22:55] | Your dad’s a cop. Always gotta get the license plate. | 你爸是警察 你好歹也要学着点呀 |
[22:58] | Well, I was a little overwhelmed. | 我当时太震惊了 |
[23:00] | Okay, so somewhere in the world someone you don’t know will die? | 好吧 他说世界某处某个你不认识的人会死? |
[23:03] | Yeah. Shh. | 是的 小声点 |
[23:05] | Yes, those were his exact words. | 是的 他是这么说的 |
[23:07] | -Did he say how they would die? -No. | -他说他们会如何死吗 -没有 |
[23:12] | And he offered you a briefcase full of cash? | 他给你看了一个装满钱的箱子? |
[23:15] | Yes, he said it was a million dollars, and it looked real. | 是的 他说是一百万美金 看上去也不假 |
[23:22] | What did he look like? | 他长什么样子 |
[23:25] | You don’t wanna know. | 你不会想要知道的 |
[23:27] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[23:29] | Well, he must’ve been a burn victim… | 他一定是被火烧过… |
[23:32] | because half of his face was gone. | 因为他一半的脸都不见了 |
[23:35] | -Really? -Yes, gone. | -真的吗 -是的 不见了 |
[23:39] | -Are you messing with me? -No. | -你在开玩笑吗 -没有 |
[23:41] | -Yes, you are. -No, I’m not. | -你有 -不 我没有 |
[23:46] | We’re gonna be late for the play. | 我们得去看演出了 |
[23:49] | -I’ll lock it up downstairs. -All right. | -我会把它锁在楼下的 -好的 |
[23:56] | I would like to buy St. Charles Place. | 我要买圣查尔斯 |
[23:59] | Okay, St. Charles Place. | 好的 圣查尔斯 |
[24:05] | -Hi, Mrs. Lewis. -Hi, Dana. | -你好 路易斯太太 -你好 当娜 |
[24:09] | Did Mr. Steward show up? | 斯图尔特先生来了吗 |
[24:12] | Yeah, he stopped by. | 是的 来了 |
[24:15] | Well, so, what does it do? What happens when you push the button? | 那怎么说 按下按钮会发生什么 |
[24:19] | Nothing special. | 没什么特别的 |
[24:22] | Did he give you a key to the dome? I bet it does something cool. | 他给你钥匙了吗 肯定很酷 |
[24:27] | You sure do ask a lot of questions. | 你的问题还贼多 |
[24:33] | And now you’re avoiding them. | 可被你转移话题了 |
[24:35] | Hey, big mouth, that’s enough. All right? | 好啦 大嘴巴 别说啦 |
[24:37] | In bed by 10:00? | 十点前睡觉哦 |
[24:39] | -Yes, sir. -All right. | -遵命 -好的 |
[24:41] | -Thanks, Dana. -Good night. | -谢谢你 当娜 -晚安 |
[24:42] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[24:47] | -That’s yours. -Okay. | -这是你的 -好 |
[24:49] | My turn. | 轮到我了 |
[24:52] | He was very charming. | 他非常有说服力 |
[24:54] | I honestly believe he would give us that entire briefcase full of money. | 我真的相信他会给我们整箱的钱 |
[24:59] | Here you go. | 好了 |
[25:06] | Forever and ever and ever. | 永远永远 直到永远 |
[25:11] | let’s get on with it. | 让我们继续吧 |
[25:28] | So, what are you thinking? | 你怎么认为 |
[25:30] | All right. | 好吧 |
[25:32] | Look, there’s absolutely no upside for him in this deal, okay? | 你想想看 整个事情 他都没什么好处 |
[25:36] | So he’s a con artist. The bill’s a counterfeit. | 所以他应该是个骗子 那些都是假钞 |
[25:39] | You don’t give someone $100 with no strings attached. | 没人会随便给别人一百块 |
[25:41] | -That’s just crazy. -Maybe he is crazy. | -那太疯狂了 -也许他就是疯了 |
[25:44] | I mean, maybe he’s mentally ill… | 说不定他精神有问题… |
[25:46] | and he’s just using this device as some sort of excuse to murder someone… | 按按钮只是他杀人的借口… |
[25:50] | and then blame us for it. | 然后陷害我们 |
[25:52] | So should we call the police? | 那我们要报警吗 |
[25:54] | If we tell anyone, the deal is off. No money. | 如果我们告诉别人 就算毁约 我们就拿不到钱 |
[25:59] | -He said that? -Yes, we can’t tell anyone. | -他说的? -是的 我们不能告诉任何人 |
[26:02] | -Let’s go home. -All right. I’ll get our coats. | -我们回家吧 -好的 我给你拿外套 |
[26:16] | Well, someone spent a lot of time designing this. | 设计这个的人还真是花了不少时间的 |
[26:20] | Anodized aluminum, handblown glass. | 铝制材料 吹膜玻璃 |
[26:23] | It looks expensive. | 看起来很贵重 |
[26:36] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[26:38] | I’m gonna take a look inside. | 我要看看内部构造 |
[26:41] | Look at this silly… | 看看这个傻冒… |
[26:44] | There we go. | 好了 |
[27:07] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[27:09] | No transmitter, no radio. | 没有发射机 也没有无限设备 |
[27:11] | If we pushed the button right now, there’s no way he’d even know. | 就算我们现在按下按钮 他也不可能知道 |
[27:14] | Okay, just… You know what? | 好吧 还是…你知道吗 |
[27:16] | Put it back together. I don’t want you breaking it. | 把东西装回去吧 我不想你弄坏它 |
[27:19] | Well, what do you care? | 你在担心什么 |
[27:20] | Because he’s gonna come back to retrieve it. | 因为不管怎么样 他都会回来的 |
[27:22] | He says he takes the box, he reprograms it… | 他会拿回盒子 重新设置… |
[27:25] | and then he makes the offer to someone else. | 然后去和别人交易 |
[27:28] | I don’t know what he’s gonna reprogram. It’s a piece of wood. | 我不知道他重新设置什么 这只是块木头 |
[27:33] | People start pollution. People can… | 人类开始制造污染 人类可以… |
[27:37] | So are you gonna push it or not? | 那你到底按不按 |
[27:42] | It’s not my decision to make. | 这不是我一个人可以做的决定 |
[27:48] | It’s ours, and I would never push it without you knowing. | 得我们一起 我不会瞒着你按的 |
[27:54] | Don’t forget to turn off the tree lights. | 别忘了关圣诞树上的灯 |
[27:57] | No, I like leaving them on. | 不 我想开着 |
[28:00] | It’s a fire hazard. | 可能会引起火灾的 |
[28:01] | Yeah, but it keeps the Christmas spirit alive while we sleep. | 但这样才有圣诞气氛 |
[28:05] | We could die. | 我们可能会死的 |
[28:08] | Everybody dies, Norma. | 人都会死的 诺玛 |
[28:12] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[28:14] | Leave them on. | 就开着吧 |
[28:33] | Strange. He only makes house calls when you’re out of town. | 奇怪了 他只会在你不在的时候打家里电话 |
[28:37] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[28:42] | I’m thinking we’re never gonna see that much money. | 我在想我们永远都不会有那么多钱 |
[28:49] | And why do you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[28:53] | Be realistic, Arthur. You work for the government. | 现实点 亚瑟 你为政府工作 |
[28:58] | God knows we both spend too much money. | 而我们的钱根本不够花 |
[29:02] | Sure would make it easier to live the life we want. | 我们可以让生活更简单快乐 |
[29:06] | Honey… | 亲爱的… |
[29:08] | why do we need a million dollars to be happy? | 为什么要有一百万才会开心呢 |
[29:11] | We don’t. | 我们不是 |
[29:13] | But imagine what we could accomplish. | 但想想有了钱可以干嘛 |
[29:15] | I mean, we could provide security for our entire family. | 我们可以为整个家庭提供保障 |
[29:19] | Look, you know, I don’t need to work at NASA forever. | 我可以不在航空航天局工作一辈子 |
[29:22] | I can get another job. | 我可以找个别的工作 |
[29:27] | Are we ever gonna leave Richmond? | 我们有离开过这里的时候吗 |
[29:46] | We’re gonna have to postpone my foot surgery. | 我们得推迟我的脚部手术 |
[29:50] | No, we’re not doing that. You need that surgery. | 不行 你需要去做手术 |
[29:52] | Yeah, I know, but we can’t afford it. | 我知道 但是我们负担不起 |
[29:57] | Well, then push the button. See what happens. | 那就按按钮吧 看看会发生什么 |
[30:03] | I’m scared. | 我很害怕 |
[30:07] | Norma, why are you scared? | 诺玛 你为什么害怕 |
[30:11] | You didn’t see his face. | 你没有看到他的脸 |
[30:14] | -I’m calling the police. -You can’t. | -我要报警了 -你不能 |
[30:17] | Right, because then the deal is off. | 是啊 不然交易就得终止了 |
[30:19] | Norma, how the hell is he gonna know if we even call anyone? | 诺玛 他怎么会知道我们有没有告诉别人? |
[30:22] | Does he have the house bugged? | 他监控了我们房子? |
[30:26] | It’s a gift to each of the bridesmaids at the wedding. | 这是新郎新娘送给每个伴娘的礼物 |
[30:29] | They’re gonna make a big joke of it tonight and… | 他们会笑话今晚的事情… |
[30:34] | Doc Powell’s gonna ask who pushed the button and who didn’t. | 鲍威尔肯定会问我们谁按了按钮 |
[30:37] | And everyone’s gonna have a laugh at the con artist he hired… | 大家肯定会嘲笑那个出现在我们门口的… |
[30:40] | to show up at our doorstep. | 那个演技精湛的人 |
[31:03] | I was at the grocery store, and she wandered into the next aisle. | 我在杂货店 她在旁边的过道上 |
[31:07] | -Well, where is she? -I ran out into the parking lot. | -她在哪 -我向停车场跑去 |
[31:10] | They put her in the back of a van and drove off. | 他们把她装上一辆面包车 然后走了 |
[31:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:15] | Look, lock all the doors. | 把门都锁好 |
[31:17] | She just vanished, Jeffrey. | 她就这样消失了 |
[31:18] | I’m on my way home. | 我马上就回来 |
[31:55] | I ran a test on it at work. | 我在工作的地方做了一些测试 |
[31:58] | This hundred-dollar bill is real. | 这一百块是真的 |
[32:01] | So let’s assume it’s all real. | 假设这些都是真的 |
[32:05] | We push the button, we get a million dollars… | 我们按下按钮 然后得到100万美元 |
[32:09] | and we can be responsible for the death of another human being. | 我们可以对因此而死的人负责任 |
[32:15] | Is that something we can live with? | 我们能这样生存吗 |
[32:23] | What if it’s someone’s baby? | 假如是别人的孩子呢 |
[32:26] | What if it’s a murderer on death row? | 如果他就是个杀人犯呢 |
[32:29] | What if it’s our neighbors across the street? | 或者是某个走在街上的人 |
[32:33] | Do you even know them? | 你了解他吗 |
[32:34] | Doug and Donna. | 道格和道娜 |
[32:39] | What is it to really know someone, Norma? | 诺玛 什么叫真正的了解? |
[32:44] | Do you know me? | 你了解我吗 |
[32:47] | Better than you know yourself. | 比你自己更了解 |
[32:52] | Do you know Walter? | 你了解沃尔特吗 |
[32:55] | Even better than I know you. | 比了解你更了解 |
[33:04] | What do we wanna do, Norma? | 我们到底要怎么办 诺玛 |
[33:17] | It’s just a box. | 这只不过是一个盒子 |
[33:27] | 911 Emergency, how may I direct your call? | 911报警电话 有啥能帮您的 |
[33:30] | Excuse me, you need to slow down. I can’t understand what you’re saying. | 抱歉 你能慢点吗 我听不清楚 |
[33:36] | So you heard loud screaming? Then a gunshot? | 你听到了尖叫声 然后是枪声? |
[33:50] | I heard a gunshot… | 我听到了枪声… |
[33:51] | then he ran out the front door with a briefcase and got in his car. | 然后他从前门逃走了 拿着个手提箱上车了 |
[33:55] | Ma’am, get back inside. Take the boy and go back inside right now. | 夫人 带着你的孩子回去 现在 |
[34:03] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[34:05] | Check her pulse. | 看看还有没有脉搏 |
[34:17] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[34:39] | All right, get back, I gotta kick the door down. | 退后 我要踢开门了 |
[34:42] | Get away from the door! | 离门远点 |
[34:54] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[34:55] | Shh. Okay. | 没事了 |
[35:16] | Hello, Mrs. Lewis. | 你好 路易斯太太 |
[35:18] | Hello. | 你好 |
[35:20] | Shall I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[35:34] | Hello. You must be Mr. Lewis. | 你好 你一定就是路易斯先生吧 |
[35:45] | Forgive me, I have a rather busy day. Shall we? | 抱歉 我今天很忙 可以开始了吗 |
[36:00] | Do you have the key? | 你们有钥匙吗 |
[36:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:10] | There we are. One million dollars. | 这就是你们的 100万 |
[36:19] | You can count it, if you like. | 如果你们愿意的话可以数一下 |
[36:22] | Did someone… | 有人会… |
[36:24] | -Die? -Yeah. | -死吗 -是的 |
[36:27] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[36:30] | You said before that the button unit would be reprogrammed. | 他说过那个按钮会被重新安排 |
[36:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:35] | What happens now? Are you gonna make the offer to someone else? | 现在怎么办 你要去给别人吗 |
[36:38] | Well, yes, Mrs. Lewis. That’s how it works. | 是的 路易斯太太 正是这样 |
[36:40] | And I can promise you that the offer will be made to someone you don’t know. | 我可以保证 会给你们不认识的人 |
[37:11] | No. | 不行 |
[37:22] | We don’t want your money. Take it. | 我们不要钱 拿走吧 |
[37:25] | I’m sorry, Mr. Lewis. | 抱歉 路易斯先生 |
[37:28] | The button has been pushed. | 你们已经按下按钮了 |
[37:31] | Good day. | 祝好运 |
[37:37] | Open the door. | 开门 |
[37:41] | Open the door! | 开门 |
[37:48] | XH34568. I got his license plate. | XH34568 我记下他的车牌了 |
[38:00] | What are you thinking, Norma? | 你怎么想的 诺玛 |
[38:03] | Someone we don’t know. | 我们不认识的人 |
[38:05] | Does that mean we’re next? | 就是说我们是下一个? |
[38:06] | Is that what he meant? | 是这个意思吗? |
[38:09] | All right, let’s just… | 好吧 我们就… |
[38:16] | -Walter. -Yeah. | -沃尔特 -是的 |
[38:18] | Okay, put the money in the safe. | 把钱放安全的地方 |
[38:33] | Uh-uh-uh. Not today. | 今天不行 |
[38:37] | Homework first. | 先做作业 |
[38:41] | Clean out your lunch pail too, okay? | 东西也洗了 好吗 |
[38:44] | Come on. | 好了 |
[38:47] | We got ourselves another domestic homicide. | 又是个杀人犯 |
[38:50] | This time it’s the wife. | 这一次是杀老婆 |
[38:52] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[38:53] | The victim’s name is Diane Carnes, 31 years old, gunshot wound to the chest. | 受害者叫戴安娜·卡尔斯 31岁 胸口中枪 |
[38:58] | They found her little girl locked in the bathroom. | 他们发现他们的女儿被锁在厕所里 |
[39:03] | -Husband? -Husband is unaccounted for. | -丈夫呢 -我们正在通缉她的丈夫 |
[39:06] | Neighbors saw him bolt out the front door after they heard a gunshot. | 邻居见到他在枪声响起后 跑出前门 |
[39:11] | Has the husband got any priors? | 她的丈夫有杀人动机吗 |
[39:12] | No. And that’s the thing. | 没 这就是问题所在 |
[39:15] | Husband is Jeffrey Carnes… | 她的丈夫是杰佛理·卡尔斯… |
[39:16] | described as a loving father by all the neighbors… | 他的邻居说他是个好人… |
[39:19] | and he’s a rocket scientist. | 是研究火箭的科学家 |
[39:22] | Works for NASA. | 为美国航空航天局工作 |
[39:25] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[40:46] | It doesn’t hurt anymore. | 再也不痛了 |
[41:19] | -Merry Christmas. -Merry Christmas. | -圣诞快乐 -圣诞快乐 |
[41:21] | -Thank you. -My pleasure. | -谢谢 -客气了 |
[41:22] | Enjoy your evening. | 今晚好好玩哦 |
[41:37] | All of this for a rehearsal dinner? | 这些就是彩排? |
[41:41] | Remember our rehearsal dinner? | 还记得我们当初的婚前彩排么 |
[41:42] | -You mean the keg party in the backyard? -Yeah, that. | -你说那个在后院开的派对啊 -是的 |
[41:54] | Here’s my little girl. | 我的女儿来了 |
[41:57] | -Hello. -Look at the way she walks. You float. | -你好 -看看她走路的样子 |
[42:01] | -You knew about that? -Hi, how are you? | -你知道吗 -你好吗 |
[42:02] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[42:04] | Santa came early and brought your step back. | 圣诞老人提前送你礼物了 |
[42:06] | That he did, Mama. | 是的 妈妈 |
[42:08] | -How are you, Dick? -How are you, Arthur? | -你好吗 迪克? -你好 亚瑟 |
[42:10] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[42:11] | -Congratulations. -Hi, Lana. | -恭喜 -你好 拉娜 |
[42:12] | Arthur, now, is Norma still cutting your hair? | 亚瑟 现在还是诺玛帮你剪头发吗 |
[42:15] | Yeah, who are you, Lynyrd or Skynyrd? | 是啊 你是谁 李纳德还是斯恺纳德? |
[42:18] | Honey, they’re not gonna let you into outer space with those sideburns. | 宝贝 你这样穿他们是不会让你进去的 |
[42:22] | Everybody’s wearing them like that now. | 大家都穿这个 |
[42:24] | Well, honey, I know, but… | 我知道 可是… |
[42:26] | Forget about it. Where did you get that? | 算了 你哪弄到的 |
[42:28] | -Right back over in there. -All right. You want something? | -那边 -好的 要吃点什么吗 |
[42:31] | -Sherry. -All right. | -葡萄酒 -好的 |
[42:33] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[42:35] | Folks, could I have your attention for just a minute? | 请大家注意哦 |
[42:39] | We’d really like to thank all of you for coming out… | 很感谢大家今晚能来… |
[42:41] | on such an unseasonably cold night in Richmond. | 特别是在这样一个寒冷的晚上 |
[42:45] | Now, I’m told that I’m supposed to keep this quite short… | 我被告知得尽量少说废话… |
[42:48] | because we have another 43 speeches coming tonight. | 因为接下来可能有43个演讲 |
[42:53] | Friends of the bride and groom have very generously donated this array of gifts. | 新娘新郎的好友们慷慨的捐赠了一些礼物 |
[42:59] | And it being the holiday season, we thought it’d be a good idea to have a… | 刚好现在又是过节的时候 我们就打算… |
[43:02] | Well, to have a holiday-gift drawing. | 打算让大家来分享这些礼物 |
[43:04] | -All right, Lana, let’s… -You need to mix these up. | -好了 拉娜… -你得混合一下 |
[43:07] | -Let’s do it. Okay, I will. -Like you’re spiking a punch bowl. | -我们开始吧 -就像你在冲模碗 |
[43:12] | -He knows how to do that. -Oh, no, I’ve never done that. | -他知道怎么做 -不 我从没做过那个 |
[43:15] | Never done that. | 我从来没干过 |
[43:17] | All right, here we go. Uh-oh. | 好了 开始吧 |
[43:20] | My son-in-law. Not you. Arthur. | 我的儿子 不是你 是亚瑟 |
[43:23] | Come on up. | 来吧 亚瑟 |
[43:25] | -Boys. -I have to get up? | -孩子们 -我要起来吗 |
[43:27] | Come on up, Arthur. Come on up. | 来吧 亚瑟 |
[43:29] | Folks, I did not rig this. I’m an honest cop. I swear I am. | 同志们 我没作弊 我是个诚实的警察 我发誓 |
[43:34] | All right, get your gift, lucky. | 好了 选个礼物吧 |
[43:38] | -All right, just pick anything here? -Any gift that you like, yes, sir. | -随便选一个? -是啊 挑你喜欢的 |
[43:41] | Just leave those golf clubs, all right? Those are mine. | 别选高尔夫球杆 那是我的 |
[43:44] | No, you can have the clubs, you can have the clubs. | 不 你可以选那个的啦 |
[44:06] | You know, I’m just gonna… I’m gonna take this box right here. | 我还是…还是选这个盒子吧 |
[44:10] | -He’s so polite. -That’s a nice plain gift, isn’t it? | -他真礼貌 -真是个简单的礼物呀 |
[44:13] | All right, here we go. Let’s get another one here, let’s see what we got. | 好了 大家继续挑礼物 看看还有什么 |
[44:16] | Ooh. Mysterious. | 真神秘啊 |
[44:19] | Leticia. Leticia. | 莱梯西亚 莱梯西亚 |
[44:21] | -Come on up, Leticia. -Well? Open it. | -快来 莱梯西亚 -打开呀 |
[44:25] | Why don’t you go put it in the car? We’ll open it up when we get home. | 还是放车上去 我们回家再打开 |
[44:28] | -No. -No. | -不行 -不行 |
[44:30] | You gotta open it here. Gotta see what’s inside the box. | 在这打开 让大家看看里面是什么 |
[44:33] | -Yeah, come on, open it. -Mike Smith here? | -是啊 打开看看 -迈克·史密斯在这吗? |
[44:46] | Keep this moving, folks. Remember, we still have 43 speeches. | 大家继续 别忘了还有43个发言要讲哦 |
[44:49] | Arthur, that’s him. | 亚瑟 是他 |
[44:52] | What is it, a photograph? | 那是什么 照片吗 |
[44:56] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[44:57] | -Well, let’s see it. -No, no, it’s an inside joke. | -让我们看看 -不 只是个私人笑话 |
[45:01] | It’s private. | 这是隐私 |
[45:03] | Ooh. Nice. All right, yeah, we know about that. | 天啊 我想到是什么了 |
[45:06] | We’ve taken some private photographs. We could trade up. | 我们拍了些私密照 我们可以交换看看 |
[45:09] | Let your minds run wild with that. | 你们就尽管天马行空吧 |
[45:12] | Is that the one you brought? | 那个就是你带来的吗 |
[45:13] | What about this rehearsal dinner? | 这个宴席彩排如何? |
[45:15] | Can you imagine what the wedding’s gonna be like? | 你们能想象得到婚礼会是什么样吗 |
[45:23] | Astounding Science Fiction. | 恐怖科学小说 |
[45:32] | “Day of the Moron”? | 痴愚者的日子 |
[45:34] | Yeah. My dad collects comics. | 是的 我爸爸喜欢收集连环画 |
[45:46] | What else does he collect? | 他还收集什么 |
[45:49] | Well, he has a bunch of Mars stuff in the basement. You wanna see? | 他还有很多火星收集品在地下室 想看吗 |
[45:54] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[45:56] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[46:22] | What’s your dad have to do with the Viking? | 你爸爸参加了维京项目吗[美国登陆火星项目] |
[46:25] | He helped design the camera. | 他协助设计了摄像机 |
[46:27] | They designed it so that it photographs 360 degrees. | 设计可以360度全方位拍摄的 |
[46:31] | It scans the image one line at a time. | 一次可以扫描很多 |
[46:33] | Takes about five minutes to complete one revolution. | 只需5分钟就能完成世纪性的大发现 |
[46:36] | How do they get the images from Mars back to Earth? | 火星的图像怎么传回地球 |
[46:39] | Radio transmissions. | 通过无线电传输 |
[46:41] | They figured out a way to interpret the data and then print it out on film. | 他们可以解码数据 再合成影像 |
[46:46] | How long does it take to transmit the signal? | 传输信号要多长时间 |
[46:49] | About two hours. The signal travels 58 million miles in about five minutes. | 大约2小时 传输速度是5分钟内5千8百万英里 |
[46:56] | They tested it out last year in Colorado. | 他们去年在科罗拉多进行了测试 |
[47:10] | Look, I don’t think that we should say anything to my father, okay? | 我觉得我们没必要告诉我爸爸 |
[47:15] | Let’s see how that new foot works on the dance floor. Come on. | 跳舞去 看看你的脚模效果好不好 |
[47:26] | “Any sufficiently advanced technology… | 高尖端科技… |
[47:28] | is indistinguishable from magic.” | 与魔法之间难分难解 |
[47:33] | Arthur C. Clarke’s third law. | 是亚瑟· 克拉克的第三法则(著名科学家 科幻小说家) |
[47:35] | My dad knows him. | 我爸爸知道他 |
[47:58] | Arthur, that was a wonderful thing you did for Norma. | 亚瑟 你对诺玛真是太好了 |
[48:04] | I don’t know what she’d do without you. | 真不知道没有你 她该怎么办 |
[48:06] | I don’t know what I’d do without her. | 没有她 我也不知道该怎么办 |
[48:09] | Really, I don’t. | 真的 |
[48:10] | -That was the perfect gift. -Thank you. | -这礼物完美极了 -谢谢 |
[48:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[48:56] | It’s a really nice party, Dick. | 真是个很棒的派对 迪克 |
[48:58] | -Yeah. -Congratulations. | -是啊 -恭喜了 |
[49:00] | -And I’m not paying for it. -You’re not paying? | -而且不是我买单 -不是你买单? |
[49:02] | No. | 不是 |
[49:04] | -Well, how did you work that out? -No, no, no. | -你是怎么做到的? -保密 |
[49:07] | Hey, listen, you think you could run a license plate for me? | 你能帮我查下这个车牌号码吗 |
[49:11] | This is a black sedan. You think you could find out who owns it? | 是辆黑色小汽车 能查到车主吗 |
[49:15] | Yeah, sure. What’s going on? | 当然 怎么了 |
[49:17] | It’s just someone hanging around the house, you know. | 它在我们家附近转悠 |
[49:19] | -It’s probably nothing, just wanna be safe. -Yeah. It’s worth checking. | -可能没什么 但安全起见 -好的 值得查下 |
[49:42] | What’s the deal with this kid? He flashed me the peace sign. | 那个孩子是怎么回事 怎么怪怪的 |
[49:45] | -He’s one of your students, isn’t he? -Norma didn’t tell you? | -他是你的学生吧? -诺玛没告诉你吗 |
[49:48] | No, she didn’t. What’s? | 没有 怎么了 |
[49:50] | Well, he humiliated her in front of the entire class. | 他在全班面前侮辱了她 |
[49:54] | He made fun of her foot. | 嘲笑她的脚 |
[50:11] | You’ve got a bloody nose. | 你在流鼻血 |
[50:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[50:19] | Is there something I can get for you? | 能为你效劳吗 |
[50:22] | Well, you said that I had a phone call. | 你刚说有个电话找我 |
[50:26] | Yes. Right here. | 是的 就在那 |
[50:36] | Hello? | 喂? |
[50:38] | Mrs. Lewis, hello. It’s Arlington Steward. | 路易斯太太 你好 我是阿灵顿·斯图尔特 |
[50:41] | I see your husband has contacted the police about my vehicle. | 我知道你的丈夫让警察调查我的车 |
[50:47] | I have quite a few employees. | 我手下有一些职员 |
[50:50] | Listen, we don’t want anyone to get hurt. | 听着 我们不想伤害任何人 |
[50:54] | Well, if you didn’t want anyone to get hurt, you shouldn’t have pushed the button. | 如果你不想伤害任何人 那你就不该按按钮 |
[50:58] | We don’t want any more trouble, okay? | 我们不想再惹什么麻烦 好吗 |
[51:02] | I’m afraid trouble has found you, Mrs. Lewis. | 恐怕麻烦已经找上你了 路易斯太太 |
[51:06] | There are always consequences. | 凡事有因必有果 |
[51:09] | The test will continue until the button unit is reprogrammed. | 在开始新项目前 你们必须接受考验 |
[51:12] | Okay, what are we supposed to do now? | 好吧 我们现在该怎么办 |
[51:17] | Listen to your conscience. | 摸摸你的良心 |
[51:19] | Do what it tells you. | 跟着良心走 |
[51:22] | Enjoy the party. | 祝玩得开心 |
[51:56] | What did you say to my wife? | 你对我妻子说了什么 |
[51:59] | You wanna tell me what you said to my wife? | 你对我妻子说了什么 |
[52:01] | Is that funny to you? Is that funny? | 难道你觉得很滑稽吗 |
[52:04] | Making fun of someone’s disfigurement’s funny to you? | 你觉得嘲笑人家的缺陷很好玩吗 |
[52:07] | Is that funny to you? | 很好玩是不是? |
[52:09] | No, Mr. Lewis. It’s not funny, it’s tragic. | 不 路易斯先生 不好玩 是很可悲 |
[52:21] | Oh, Arthur. | 亚瑟 |
[52:39] | Are you okay, son? | 你没事吧 孩子 |
[52:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[53:14] | Dana. We’re back. | 戴安娜 我们回来了 |
[53:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[53:19] | -Do you have a ride home? -No. | -你有车带你回家吗 -没有 |
[53:21] | Okay, Arthur can take you. | 好吧 亚瑟送你吧 |
[53:24] | -Okay. -Here you go. | -好的 -给你 |
[53:27] | -Thanks. -Thank you. | -谢谢 -也谢谢你 |
[53:35] | So where am I taking you? | 那你住哪 |
[53:36] | There’s a motel off L-95, the Galaxy Motor Lodge. | L95号附近的汽车旅馆 |
[53:40] | You’re staying in a motel? | 你住在汽车旅馆? |
[53:43] | Yeah. My parents bought a new house, but it’s not ready yet. | 是的 我爸妈买了新房子 但还没能住 |
[54:06] | You’ve got blood on your hands. | 你手上有血 |
[54:11] | -What do you mean by that? -Your hands. | -什么意思 -你的手 |
[54:14] | Are those blood stains? | 是血迹吗 |
[54:18] | Yeah, I got into a fight tonight. | 是的 我今晚打了一架 |
[54:20] | Embarrassed everyone and ruined the whole party. | 搞得大家很尴尬 毁了派对气氛 |
[54:27] | Somebody pushing your buttons? | 有人激怒了你吗(原义为摁下按钮) |
[54:32] | Why would you say that? | 何出此言 |
[54:34] | Just an expression. | 只不过是一种想法罢了 |
[54:38] | Don’t jump to conclusions. You’ll get yourself in a whole heap of trouble. | 不要冒然行事 否则麻烦事多了 |
[54:44] | Well, I’m already in a whole heap of trouble. | 哎 其实我已经麻烦缠身了 |
[54:51] | What are you gonna do about it? | 你准备怎么办 |
[54:54] | I don’t know. You got any suggestions? | 不知道 你有何建议吗 |
[54:56] | Look into the light. | 朝着光的方向前进 |
[55:02] | -The light? -Yeah, the light. | -光? -是的 光 |
[55:05] | Soon you’ll be blinded by it. | 不久你就会知道了 |
[55:10] | What is the light? | 光是什么意思 |
[55:14] | I cannot remember. | 我想不起来了 |
[55:34] | Dana? | 戴安娜 |
[55:40] | Dana. | 戴安娜 |
[55:43] | Wake up. | 醒醒 |
[55:46] | Dana? | 戴安娜 |
[55:50] | Jesus Christ. | 上帝啊 |
[56:32] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[56:34] | You have to get out of here. It’s not safe for you here. | 你快离开这 这里不安全 |
[56:38] | Slow down. What are you talking about? | 慢点 你在说什么 |
[56:40] | There’s only one person who can save you now. | 现在能救你的只有一个人 |
[56:42] | Look in the mirror. You’ll see. | 看着镜子 你就知道了 |
[56:47] | Dana. Dana. | 戴安娜 戴安娜 |
[56:54] | The first picture you saw which included the footpads… | 你们看到的第一张图… |
[56:57] | took about five minutes to take on Mars… | 是在火星上花了五分钟得到的… |
[57:01] | and then it is transmitted by a relay radio up to the orbiter… | 然后通过无线电传输… |
[57:10] | July 20, 1969… | 1969年7月20日… |
[57:14] | we received a transmission from the Moon telling us: | 从月球传来的信息告诉我们 |
[57:17] | “The Eagle has landed.” | 鹰号登陆了 |
[57:20] | Today’s landing, like that one, represents the realization of a dream… | 今天的登陆 代表了梦想的实现… |
[57:25] | that has long excited mankind’s imagination. | 这长期激动着人心 |
[57:28] | And this mission offers the possibility of a momentous discovery… | 这个任务也为更重要的发现提供了可能性… |
[57:33] | in the history of mankind: | 在人类历史中 |
[57:36] | The existence of life elsewhere in the universe. | 外星生命的存在 |
[57:41] | If the experiments of Vikings 1 and 2 do not reveal living organisms… | 维京1号和2号不仅寻找有机生命… |
[57:47] | they will learn other secrets of the universe. | 他们还会解开宇宙的其它秘密 |
[57:50] | They will tell us a good many things about our own planet… | 他们会告诉我们地球的更多东西… |
[57:54] | opening up new possibilities for exploration… | 打开一个新的扩展了领域… |
[57:57] | and should produce knowledge that will improve the quality of life… | 我们母星上的生命已做好准备 |
[58:02] | right here on Earth. | 迎接和探索外太空生命的无限可能性 |
[58:04] | Our achievements in space represent not only the height of technological skill… | 我们参与火星登陆计划的人员 |
[58:10] | they also reflect the best in our country… | 不仅具备最高科技的能力与素质… |
[58:14] | our character, the capacity for creativity and sacrifice… | 也反映了我们国家最优秀的品质… |
[58:18] | and a willingness to reach into the unknown. | 为了探索未知世界而表现出的创造和舍身精神 |
[58:26] | Norma. | 诺玛 |
[58:29] | Where did you say you met Dana? | 你在哪认识戴安娜的 |
[58:33] | On our field trip to the Kennedy Center in D.C. | 在华盛顿的肯尼迪中心 |
[58:36] | Right. And she said she lives in Richmond? | 对的 她说她住在里士满吗 |
[58:39] | Yeah, we rode back on the same bus. | 是啊 我们坐一辆车回来的 |
[58:41] | Okay. This is her driver’s license. | 好吧 这是她的驾照 |
[58:44] | Her name is Sarah Matthews. | 她的真名叫莎拉·马修 |
[58:46] | She lives in Boston. | 她住在波士顿 |
[58:57] | He called them his employees? | 他在电话里说自己有职员? |
[59:00] | Yup. | 是的 |
[1:00:28] | Hello, Norma. | 你好 诺玛 |
[1:00:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:00:34] | Did your husband tell you where he was going this morning? | 你丈夫告诉你今天他要去哪了吗 |
[1:00:39] | No, he didn’t. | 不 他没有 |
[1:00:40] | I hope for your sake he isn’t playing detective again. | 我真心希望他不要玩什么侦探游戏 |
[1:00:44] | Though I assure you, I’ll know if he is. | 如果是的话 我也肯定会知道的 |
[1:00:48] | Because of your employees? | 是你手下的职员说的吗 |
[1:00:51] | Is Dana one of your employees? | 戴安娜也是你手下的职员之一吗 |
[1:00:53] | As I’ve told you, I have many employees. | 就像我之前说的 我有很多职员 |
[1:00:59] | Can I see you? In person? | 我能见你吗 私下里 |
[1:01:03] | I wanna meet face to face. | 面对面见面 |
[1:01:06] | I’m looking at you right now, Norma. | 我现在就在看着你 诺玛 |
[1:01:10] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[1:01:12] | I’m in your backyard. | 我就在你的后院里 |
[1:01:42] | Are you still there? | 你还在听吗 |
[1:01:50] | Mr. Steward? | 斯图尔特先生 |
[1:02:11] | All right, hold on. We want to get this straight. | 等等 我们有话直说吧 |
[1:02:15] | You’ve had the wind tunnel for months. | 我们进行了几个月的风洞测试 |
[1:02:17] | Now you want the lunar lander and the hangar? | 现在你却要登月飞行器和机库吗 |
[1:02:21] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[1:02:23] | -The NSA activity… -What kind of activity? | -国家安全局的行动… -什么样的行动 |
[1:02:25] | The activities will occasionally involve NASA employees… | 这些行动有时会涉及到宇航局的员工… |
[1:02:30] | but I am not at liberty to disclose how they will be involved… | 但我无权透露其涉及内容和程度… |
[1:02:34] | or what they will be doing. | 以及他们的任务 |
[1:02:35] | I think this whole thing’s outrageous, but we don’t really have any choice, do we? | 我也不喜欢这些 但我们别无选择 |
[1:02:40] | No. You don’t. | 是的 你们没得选择 |
[1:02:46] | Did you get a chance to run that license plate yet? | 你查到那个车牌了吗 |
[1:02:48] | Yeah, I did. It’s a government-issued license plate. | 是的 是政府牌照 |
[1:02:51] | It’s a town car licensed for use by the NSA. | 国家安全局的车 |
[1:02:55] | The NSA? | 国家安全局? |
[1:02:58] | Jesus Christ. | 老天啊 |
[1:03:03] | What are those? | 这些是什么 |
[1:03:04] | This guy’s wife, she was shot once in the chest. Point-blank range. | 这家伙的老婆 左胸被子弹射中 枪射程很远 |
[1:03:09] | Whoever shot her held a gun directly to her chest… | 不管凶手是谁 肯定是瞄准了她的胸膛 |
[1:03:12] | and fired the bullet straight through her heart. | 直指着心脏 直接命中 |
[1:03:15] | The husband works at Langley. | 她丈夫在兰利的宇航局工作 |
[1:03:21] | Was there any sign of a struggle? | 有没有挣扎的迹象? |
[1:03:23] | -Mm-mm. -No? | -嗯 -没有? |
[1:03:24] | There’s no skin under her nails, no bruises. | 指甲没有刮伤 也没有外伤 |
[1:03:30] | What time did she die? | 她什么时候死的 |
[1:03:31] | Neighbors say they heard the shot at 4:45 p.m. | 据邻居说 他们在下午四点三刻听到枪声 |
[1:03:38] | What’s all this to you, Arthur? | 你怎么关心起这个来了 |
[1:03:43] | Do you think you could take me to his house? | 你能带我去现场看看吗 |
[1:03:50] | Well, your sister feels awful about last night. | 昨晚的事情真是抱歉 |
[1:03:53] | Arthur’s just sick about it too. | 亚瑟也觉得自己太冲动了 |
[1:03:56] | Well, Norma, let me just say this. | 诺玛 我和你说 |
[1:03:58] | Daddy and I have always marveled at your strength… | 我们一直以你的坚强为荣… |
[1:04:01] | and how positive you always are, even since your injury. | 甚至你受伤时 也是非常坚强 |
[1:04:04] | And I just wonder if maybe sometimes… | 我只是在想 或许有些时候… |
[1:04:08] | we don’t take for granted that you are all right? | 我们自以为是的认为你真的没事 |
[1:04:11] | I’m fine, Mama. | 我没事 妈妈 |
[1:04:22] | NSA is letting him do it. NASA can’t stop it. Test subjects are all under 40. | 安全局不管他 航天局阻止不了 被测试人都低于40岁 |
[1:04:25] | Happily married with a child. Go to the Richmond Library. Follow this call number. | 有着孩子快乐生活 去图书馆 这是电话 |
[1:04:29] | Don’t trust anyone, not even your husband. | 不要告诉任何人 包括你丈夫 |
[1:04:32] | Oh, my Lord. | 我的天啊 |
[1:04:34] | She’s bleeding. Somebody call for help. | 她流鼻血了 快喊人帮忙 |
[1:04:37] | Oh, my heavens. | 上帝啊 |
[1:04:40] | Who is that woman, Norma? Do you know her? | 她是谁 诺玛 你认识她吗 |
[1:04:45] | No, I don’t, Mama. | 不 不认识 妈妈 |
[1:04:50] | Listen, I have a lot of errands to run before the wedding. | 听着 在婚礼前我还有很多工作要做 |
[1:04:54] | Can I drop you off at home? | 我送你回家吧 |
[1:05:10] | Uh-uh-uh. Don’t touch. | 别碰 |
[1:05:12] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[1:05:14] | He’s the public-relations manager at Langley. | 他是兰利的宇航局的公关经理 |
[1:05:16] | -What’s his name? -Arlington Steward. | -他叫什么名字 -阿灵顿·斯图尔特 |
[1:05:20] | -Steward? -Steward with a D. | -斯图尔特 -是的 斯图尔特 |
[1:05:23] | -Can you check him out? -Yeah. | -你会去查吗 -当然 |
[1:05:27] | There’s three dead so far. | 目前为止已经有三人死亡 |
[1:05:30] | “Human Resource Exploitation Manual.” | 人力资源部说明手册 |
[1:05:34] | -Call numbers? -I want to put in a request… | -电话号码 -我要一个搜查请求… |
[1:05:36] | for a search warrant down in Langley. | 在兰利展开 |
[1:05:39] | But don’t put the request in through my office. | 但别放到我的办公室 |
[1:05:42] | Whatever it is, it’s bigger than you and me. | 不管是什么 都不简单 |
[1:10:14] | Excuse me, I’m looking for the nearest exit. | 不好意思 请问最近的出口在哪里 |
[1:10:18] | You aren’t an employee. This library is for employees only. | 你不是职员 这个图书馆只对职员开放 |
[1:10:25] | You’re his wife. | 你是他的妻子 |
[1:10:27] | I am Clymene. | 我是克莱名 |
[1:10:59] | What does he want from us? | 他想要我们怎么样 |
[1:11:01] | He’s testing you. | 他在考验你 |
[1:11:04] | He’s testing all of us. | 考验我们所有人 |
[1:11:07] | Please, follow me. | 请跟我来 |
[1:11:29] | There are three gateways… | 在你面前有三条路… |
[1:11:32] | but you may choose only one. | 但你只能择其一 |
[1:11:35] | Be careful which gateway you choose… | 小心抉择… |
[1:11:39] | for there is only one path to salvation. | 因为只有一条是救赎之路 |
[1:12:36] | Have a seat, Mrs. Lewis. | 请坐 路易斯太太 |
[1:13:02] | Indistinguishable from magic. | 真是前所未有的魔力 |
[1:13:06] | Lightning strikes the earth 100 times per second. | 闪电击中地面的冲击力达到每秒100次 |
[1:13:11] | A single bolt of lightning can reach temperatures… | 据说闪电的温度在瞬间… |
[1:13:14] | approaching 28,000 degrees Celsius in a split second. | 可达到近两万八千摄氏度 |
[1:13:19] | This is five times hotter than the surface of the sun. | 是太阳表面温度的5倍 |
[1:13:26] | Is that what happened to you? | 这就是你经历的事情吗 |
[1:13:28] | -You were struck by lightning? -Yes. | -你被闪电击中了 -是的 |
[1:13:33] | And now I am in communication with those who control the lightning. | 而现在我能和那些控制闪电的人交流 |
[1:13:41] | And what lies behind the other two? | 如果选择另外两条路会怎样 |
[1:13:44] | Eternal damnation. | 永恒的诅咒 |
[1:13:49] | Right. | 我想也是 |
[1:13:54] | What’s the emotion you felt when you first laid eyes on me, Norma? | 你第一眼看到我时 是什么感觉 |
[1:13:59] | -I felt… -You felt what? | -我感到… -感到什么? |
[1:14:02] | -I felt… -Pity? | -我感到… -同情吗 |
[1:14:04] | Love. | 爱 |
[1:14:08] | -You felt love for me? -Yes. | -你感到爱? -是的 |
[1:14:12] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:14:14] | Because of my disfigurement. | 因为我也是身有缺陷的人 |
[1:14:17] | Because of all of the pain that it ever caused me in my life. | 因为我也承受了无数生活中的痛苦 |
[1:14:24] | I thought what it would be like to have all of that pain… | 我能体会这种痛苦… |
[1:14:29] | magnified and projected onto my face. | 在你脸上 就好像投射出了我自身的痛苦 |
[1:14:40] | And if I refuse? | 如果我拒绝选择呢 |
[1:14:43] | Eternal damnation. | 还是永恒的诅咒 |
[1:14:48] | You have chosen Gateway number 2. | 你选择了第二条路 |
[1:15:02] | I saw that pain on your face and I just… | 我从你脸上读到的痛苦… |
[1:15:06] | I understood it. | 我完全感同身受 |
[1:15:11] | I felt an overwhelming feeling of love for you… | 在看见你承受的痛苦后… |
[1:15:16] | because I knew that I would never feel sorry for myself ever again. | 我绝不会再自艾自怜 |
[1:15:32] | Take my hand, Norma. | 把手给我 诺玛 |
[1:17:34] | You don’t remember coming home, do you? | 你不记得是怎么回家的了 是吧 |
[1:17:37] | You came in your car. You walked in the door like a zombie. | 你下车进门 就像个僵尸 |
[1:17:41] | You didn’t say anything. You just went straight up to bed. | 你什么都没说 就直接去睡觉了 |
[1:17:45] | Where did all this water come from? | 这些水从哪来的 |
[1:17:48] | -Why isn’t Dad telling us what happened? -Walter. | -为什么不告诉我发生了什么事 -沃尔特 |
[1:17:50] | Go down to the basement and get me more buckets. | 去地下室多拿点桶来 |
[1:17:53] | -But I just want… -Walter. | -但我… -去吧 |
[1:17:56] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[1:18:08] | Can you tell me what happened? | 能告诉我发生了什么事吗 |
[1:18:11] | I need a drink. | 我得喝点酒 |
[1:18:29] | Are we still going to the wedding? | 我们还要去参加婚礼吗 |
[1:18:31] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[1:18:36] | There is only so much information that I can disclose. | 有大量我不能公布的信息 |
[1:18:39] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:18:45] | In the hours following the first Viking transmission from Mars… | 当第一次从火星传送信息数小时后 |
[1:18:49] | your colleague Arlington Steward… | 你的同事阿灵顿·斯图尔特… |
[1:18:51] | was struck by lightning while standing here on this platform. | 就站在这个平台上被闪电击中 |
[1:18:54] | Yes. And we haven’t heard from him since then. | 是的 之后我们再没听到他的消息 |
[1:18:58] | He’s something else now. | 他现在和我们不同类了 |
[1:19:02] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:19:04] | Arlington Steward died shortly after being admitted to the burn unit… | 阿灵顿·斯图尔特在送往河畔医院的途中… |
[1:19:08] | at Riverside Hospital. | 不久就死亡了 |
[1:19:09] | Several hours after his body was taken to the morgue… | 他的尸体被送到停尸房… |
[1:19:12] | and locked in a freezer storage unit… | 锁好了冰冻起来后几小时… |
[1:19:14] | a nurse heard a voice coming from behind a metal door. | 一个护士听到金属门后有声音传来 |
[1:19:18] | It was a man, laughing. | 是一个男人的笑声 |
[1:19:21] | Mr. Steward had come back from the dead and he was laughing hysterically. | 斯图尔特先生死而复生 疯狂大笑着 |
[1:19:26] | He was then transferred to a high-security military hospital. | 然后他被转移到高度机密的军事医院 |
[1:19:30] | Soon after, we realized he was… | 很快我们就发现… |
[1:19:32] | demonstrating some extraordinary capabilities. | 他有了某些超能力 |
[1:19:36] | What do you mean by capabilities? | 什么超能力? |
[1:19:40] | His body healed at a rate 10 times faster than normal. | 他的身体愈合速度比正常人快10倍 |
[1:19:44] | Cellular degeneration essentially halted. | 细胞的退化从根本上停止了 |
[1:19:55] | Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. And Mrs. Edward Powell. | 先生们女士们 有请新郎和新娘 |
[1:20:52] | -You can’t drink too much now, all right? -All right. | -别喝太多 好吗 -好 |
[1:21:00] | Sir, if you don’t mind my asking… | 长官 如果你不介意我问的话… |
[1:21:06] | why a box? | 为什么用盒子 |
[1:21:12] | Your home is a box. | 你的家是个盒子 |
[1:21:15] | Your car is a box on wheels. | 你的车是个有轮子的盒子 |
[1:21:18] | You drive to work in it. You drive home in it. | 你开着它上班 开着它回家 |
[1:21:23] | You sit in your home, staring into a box. | 你坐在家里盯着盒子往里看 |
[1:21:27] | It erodes your soul… | 它就这样侵蚀着你的灵魂… |
[1:21:29] | while the box that is your body inevitably withers, then dies… | 不管怎样最终都会消亡… |
[1:21:35] | whereupon it is placed in the ultimate box to slowly decompose. | 而这些都装在这个终极盒子里慢慢分解 |
[1:21:42] | It’s quite depressing when you think of it that way. | 你这样想真是压抑啊 |
[1:21:46] | Don’t think of it that way. | 那就别这样想 |
[1:21:48] | Think of it as a temporary state of being. | 就当它是个临时方案 |
[1:21:55] | What happens once you’ve completed your tests? | 一旦完成测试将会怎么样 |
[1:22:00] | I submit the data to my employers… | 我直接向我老板汇报… |
[1:22:03] | and then your fate rests in their hands. | 然后你的命运就终止在他们手里 |
[1:22:07] | One cannot say they are not without a bizarre sense of humor. | 我不能说他们没有一丝怪异的幽默感 |
[1:22:12] | Look at me. | 看看我 |
[1:22:14] | I wouldn’t know, sir, of whom it is that you speak. | 长官 我不知道你所说的是谁 |
[1:22:18] | Your employers remain a mystery to us all. | 你的老板对我们来说很神秘 |
[1:22:23] | I like mystery. | 我喜欢神秘 |
[1:22:27] | Don’t you? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[1:22:31] | -How do we pass the test? -Isn’t it obvious? | -我们怎样才能通过测试 -还不明显吗 |
[1:22:35] | Simply don’t press the button. | 只要别按按钮 |
[1:22:38] | If enough of you don’t, the test will conclude. | 你别按就行 测试就结束了 |
[1:22:42] | But there will be more tests to come. | 但接着就会有更多测试 |
[1:22:45] | Walk directly into the light. | 朝着光走 |
[1:22:48] | Do not turn back under any circumstances. | 不管发生什么 都不要回头 |
[1:22:52] | When you walk into the light, you’re gonna feel your body submerged in a liquid. | 当你走到光那里 就会感觉全身像浸在液体里 |
[1:22:57] | Try to hold your breath. | 试着屏住呼吸 |
[1:22:59] | If you feel a drowning sensation, it will pass. | 如果有溺死的感觉 那就是通过了 |
[1:23:31] | Where are you sending them? | 你把他们送去哪 |
[1:23:33] | To prepare for the next test in Massachusetts. | 送去下轮在麻省的测试 |
[1:23:39] | You spoke earlier about the altruism coefficient. | 你早些时候谈到过利他选择 |
[1:23:43] | If human beings are unable or unwilling to sacrifice individual desires… | 如果人类不能或者不愿放弃个人欲望… |
[1:23:48] | for the greater good of your species, you will have no chance for survival. | 那你们这个物种就没生存的可能性 |
[1:23:52] | And my employers will be compelled to expedite your extinction. | 我的老板就得被迫灭绝你们 |
[1:23:57] | Clear? | 清楚没 |
[1:23:59] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[1:24:44] | I was gone, Norma. | 我消失了 诺玛 |
[1:24:49] | I was gone for nearly an hour. | 我消失了差不多一个小时 |
[1:24:56] | What did you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[1:24:59] | Well, what was there in the light? | 在光的那里有什么 |
[1:25:09] | Words can’t describe it. | 言语无法形容 |
[1:25:14] | It’s a place… | 是一个地方… |
[1:25:17] | neither here nor there… | 从未去过的地方… |
[1:25:21] | but somewhere in between. | 就像世外桃源 |
[1:25:32] | It’s a warm embrace. | 有着温暖的怀抱 |
[1:25:37] | A place where the sidewalk ends… | 一个道路终结… |
[1:25:44] | and despair is no longer the governor of the human heart. | 而绝望也不再是人类心灵的主宰 |
[1:26:11] | Dad. What’s going on? | 爸爸 怎么了 |
[1:26:21] | I’m gonna be sick, Walter. | 我有点难受 沃尔特 |
[1:26:47] | You can still save yourself. | 你还能拯救自己 |
[1:26:49] | It’s too late for me, but you can still save yourself. | 我已经没救了 但你还能拯救自己 |
[1:26:54] | Jeffrey Carnes. Boy, do I got a lot of questions for you. | 杰佛理·卡尔斯 我有很多问题要问你 |
[1:26:58] | If you want to survive this thing, you’ll come with me. Right now. | 你还想活下去就跟我走 马上 |
[1:27:02] | All right, why don’t you put the gun down before someone sees you? | 在没人看见你之前 乘早把枪放下 |
[1:27:07] | Get in the truck. | 进卡车里去 |
[1:27:08] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:27:37] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[1:27:39] | Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[1:28:00] | -Dad. -Walter. | -爸爸 -沃尔特 |
[1:28:03] | Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[1:28:08] | Walter! Walter! | 沃尔特 沃尔特 |
[1:28:11] | Walter! | 沃尔特 |
[1:28:30] | Those are classified CIA documents. | 那些是绝密的CIA资料 |
[1:28:33] | “Test subjects and free will. | 测试者是自愿的 |
[1:28:35] | Test subjects cannot be treated like employees.” | 测试者不能和职员同等对待 |
[1:28:39] | -Frontal lobe hemorrhage? -That’s his weakness. | -前脑叶侵入吗 -恩 那是大脑的软肋 |
[1:28:41] | He hasn’t figured out how to get in their heads without them noticing. | 他仍在研究无声息入侵大脑的方法 |
[1:28:44] | -The nosebleeds. -You see lots of them? | -流鼻血现象 -你经常看见? |
[1:28:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:28:48] | And so there’s limits to what it can do. It’s fallible. | 所以这些人的行为是被控制的 |
[1:28:51] | Living inside a 70-year-old man? | 控制70岁的老头? |
[1:28:53] | Yeah, that’s why it embedded itself at Langley. | 这就是他在兰利控制别人的原因 |
[1:28:55] | It’s got everything it needs: Military, CIA, FBI, NASA. | 他可以得到想要的一切 军队 CIA FBI NASA |
[1:29:02] | So he can be killed? | 所以杀不了他? |
[1:29:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:29:28] | The existence of life elsewhere in the universe. | 宇宙别处存在的生命 |
[1:29:32] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪儿 |
[1:29:33] | Look, it’s kidnapped your son, just like it took my daughter. | 估计他把你儿子绑架了 就像绑架我女儿那样 |
[1:29:37] | -What? -But I know where it has him hidden. | -什么 -但我知道他把他藏在哪 |
[1:29:39] | There’s a motel off l-95. It’s…Steward’s employees took your son there. | L95号街有个汽车旅馆 斯图尔特的职员把你儿子带到那 |
[1:29:43] | It’s a transport hub. | 那个是运输途径 |
[1:29:45] | There’s a swimming pool they use, a sort of gateway. | 他们把游泳池当作通道 |
[1:30:04] | So did you push the button or was it your wife? | 那么是你还是你妻子按的按钮 |
[1:30:08] | -My wife. -Yeah. Yeah, mine too. | -我妻子 -恩 我妻子也是 |
[1:30:15] | And now she’s dead. | 那她现在死了吗 |
[1:30:18] | Did you kill her? | 你杀了她吗 |
[1:30:19] | I did it for my daughter. | 我这么做是为了我女儿 |
[1:30:21] | What do you mean, you did it for your daughter? | 等等 你说为你女儿是什么意思 |
[1:30:24] | I had to make a choice between my wife and my daughter. | 我必须在我妻子和女儿间做选择 |
[1:30:37] | Follow the progress of our Viking mission… | 跟着我们的维京计划… |
[1:30:40] | and to reflect on our journey… | 我们的旅行将… |
[1:30:42] | into the unknown. | 跨入未知时代 |
[1:31:15] | Was there anyone in the truck with him? | 卡车上还有其他人吗 |
[1:31:17] | Not that we saw. | 我们没看见 |
[1:31:33] | Let’s move! | 行动 |
[1:31:36] | All teams execute! | 所有小队行动 |
[1:32:23] | Weapons tight. | 放下武器 |
[1:32:30] | Move, move, move! | 快点 |
[1:32:38] | Arthur. Arthur, listen to me. Whatever happens to you from this point on… | 亚瑟 现在开始 不管你发生什么… |
[1:32:42] | will have greater ramifications than you can possibly fathom. | 都能产生你所不能了解的后果 |
[1:34:09] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[1:34:14] | Where’s our son? | 我们儿子在哪 |
[1:34:17] | He’s in a safe place. We’ll get to him in a moment. | 他在个安全的地方 我们待会就去找他 |
[1:34:20] | Please sit down. | 请坐下 |
[1:34:30] | I want you to know… | 我想让你们知道… |
[1:34:33] | that I have the deepest respect and admiration for you both. | 我对你们怀有最高的尊敬和钦佩 |
[1:34:40] | You gave me hope. | 你们给予我希望 |
[1:34:44] | But I am very sorry that you pushed the button. | 但我很抱歉你按了按钮 |
[1:34:52] | I’m afraid I have to tell you… | 我恐怕得告诉你们… |
[1:34:54] | that two of your son’s functional senses have been impaired. | 你们儿子的2个感官功能已经丧失 |
[1:34:59] | He can no longer see and he can no longer hear. | 他再也看不到 再也听不到 |
[1:35:08] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[1:35:11] | What have you done with him? | 你对他做了什么 |
[1:35:13] | I have done nothing with him. I’m just a vessel. | 我没对他怎样 我只是个信使 |
[1:35:19] | You are now presented with two options. | 现在你们有两种选择 |
[1:35:24] | Option one, you can live the rest of your lives… | 选择一 你们的下半生… |
[1:35:27] | and enjoy the money that has been given to you… | 可以尽情享用给你们的钱… |
[1:35:30] | and learn to live with your son’s permanent impairment. | 但你们的儿子会永久残疾 |
[1:35:33] | It is irreversible. | 这是不可逆转的 |
[1:35:35] | He will never hear your voices or see your faces again. | 他听不到你们的声音 也看不到你们的脸 |
[1:35:54] | Option two… | 选择二… |
[1:35:58] | there is one bullet in the chamber of this gun. | 这支枪弹膛里有一发子弹 |
[1:36:02] | You can fire it into your wife’s heart, killing her. | 你可用它射入你妻子的胸膛 杀死她 |
[1:36:06] | At the exact moment your spirit leaves your body… | 你灵魂离开躯体的瞬间… |
[1:36:10] | your son will be returned to normal. | 你儿子就能恢复正常 |
[1:36:17] | As for the million dollars… | 至于那一百万美元… |
[1:36:19] | it will be placed into an interest-bearing account… | 会存入计息银行帐户… |
[1:36:22] | given to your son on his 18th birthday. | 在你们儿子18岁生日的时候送给他 |
[1:36:27] | Let me kill myself. Arthur has nothing to do with this. | 让我自杀吧 亚瑟和这没牵连 |
[1:36:31] | I’m sorry. The offer is nonnegotiable. | 对不起 这提议是不能讨价还价的 |
[1:36:36] | Arthur, you must fire the gun. | 亚瑟 你必须开枪 |
[1:36:39] | Norma, you must die… | 诺玛 你必须死… |
[1:36:41] | or Walter will live forever in darkness and silence. | 不然沃尔特将永远生活在黑暗和寂静中 |
[1:37:09] | Kill me if you like, Mr. Lewis, and condemn your son to a life of agony. | 你可以杀我 但你会因你儿子余生的痛苦而备受谴责 |
[1:37:13] | You will be imprisoned for the murder of Arlington Steward, a mere employee. | 你会因谋杀阿灵顿·斯图尔特而入狱 我也只是打工的 |
[1:37:18] | And they will simply send another to replace me. | 他们会派其他人来替换我 |
[1:37:25] | Who? | 谁 |
[1:37:27] | -Who will send another? -Arthur, please don’t. | -谁会派其他人来 -亚瑟 请别这样 |
[1:37:30] | -Who? -Don’t. | -谁 -别这样 |
[1:37:34] | Good day to you. | 祝你好运 |
[1:37:58] | Mr. Steward. | 斯图尔特先生 |
[1:38:05] | Can I be forgiven? | 我能被饶恕吗 |
[1:38:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:38:14] | I understand you admire the writings of Jean-Paul Sartre. | 我知道你仰慕萨特 |
[1:38:18] | Perhaps these words will comfort you. | 或许这句话能安慰你 |
[1:38:23] | There are two ways to enter the final chamber: | 有两种方法 射出最后一发子弹 |
[1:38:26] | Free or not free. | 主动或被动 |
[1:38:30] | The choice is ours. | 我们可以自己选择 |
[1:38:45] | You gave me a glimpse of the afterlife, didn’t you? | 你让我瞥见来世 是吗 |
[1:38:49] | Because this is purgatory. | 因为这就是炼狱中的涤罪 |
[1:38:54] | And you’re here to shut us down. | 你就是来杀我们的 |
[1:39:17] | Your son is locked in the upstairs bathroom. | 你们的孩子被锁在楼上的浴室里 |
[1:39:27] | -Walter! -Walter! | -沃尔特 -沃尔特 |
[1:39:28] | Walter! Sweetheart! | 沃尔特 甜心 |
[1:39:31] | Sweetheart, can you hear us? | 甜心 你能听到我们吗 |
[1:39:34] | Is anyone out there? | 外面有人吗 |
[1:39:35] | -Walter! -Is anyone out there? | -沃尔特 -外面有人吗 |
[1:39:38] | They must have locked it on the other side. | 他们肯定是反锁了 |
[1:39:41] | I can’t see. Please. Help me. | 我看不见了 请救救我 |
[1:39:45] | -Walter! -Walter! | -沃尔特 -沃尔特 |
[1:39:52] | -Sweetheart… -I can’t hear. | -宝贝… -我听不到了 |
[1:39:54] | Please, help me. | 救救我 |
[1:39:59] | Walter. Just back away from the door if you can hear me. | 沃尔特 听到的话就赶快离开门那里 |
[1:40:06] | -Somebody, help. -Walter! | -请救救我 -沃尔特 |
[1:40:09] | He can’t hear us. | 他听不到我们了 |
[1:40:12] | He can’t hear us. | 他听不到了 |
[1:40:14] | Stop it. Arthur, stop! | 亚瑟 停下 |
[1:40:17] | Please! | 求求你们 |
[1:40:22] | Arthur. Arthur. Arthur. | 亚瑟 亚瑟 亚瑟 |
[1:40:25] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[1:40:27] | -Dad. Please. -Stop. Stop this. | -爸爸 求你了 -停下 别这样 |
[1:40:31] | Look… | 听着… |
[1:40:33] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:40:35] | I can’t see him like that. | 我不能看到他那样 |
[1:40:38] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:40:57] | Oh, God. | 我的天 |
[1:41:32] | No. | 不 |
[1:42:17] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[1:42:19] | We cannot leave him like this. | 我们不能让他这样 |
[1:42:22] | It’s the only way. | 这是唯一的办法 |
[1:42:25] | There’s no other way. | 没别的办法了 |
[1:42:27] | There’s no… | 没有别的… |
[1:42:30] | He smiled at us. | 他对我们笑了 |
[1:42:32] | What? | 什么 |
[1:42:34] | When you asked him about the afterlife, he smiled at us. | 当你问他来世时 他对我们笑了 |
[1:42:42] | -He did, did he? -Yeah. | -他笑了 是吗 -是的 |
[1:42:47] | Arthur… | 亚瑟… |
[1:42:49] | I love you and I am so sorry. | 我爱你 可是我很抱歉 |
[1:42:52] | I’m so sorry for what I did to us. | 我非常抱歉我对我们所做的 |
[1:42:57] | You didn’t do anything. We did it. | 你没有做什么 是我们一起做的 |
[1:43:00] | So don’t apologize. | 所以别道歉 |
[1:43:05] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:43:07] | And I regret nothing in this life we’ve lived together. | 我对与你的此生没有任何遗憾 |
[1:43:15] | Then I… | 那我… |
[1:43:17] | will count the days… | 会期待着… |
[1:43:20] | until my Arthur comes to see me again. | 我们的再次相见 |
[1:43:33] | I’m gonna push it. | 我来按 |
[1:43:50] | Until we meet again. Yeah. | 直到我们再次相见 是的 |
[1:43:58] | Let’s get on with it. | 那我们就开始吧 |
[1:44:38] | 911 Emergency, how may I direct your call? | 911应急中心 有什么能帮您的 |
[1:44:42] | You said you heard a gunshot? What is the address? | 你说听到了声枪响? 地址在哪 |
[1:44:46] | 7321 Park…in Antrim. | 帕克和安德鲁大街7321号 |
[1:44:57] | Hello, Mrs. Weller. | 你好 威尔太太 |
[1:45:00] | Shall I come in? | 我可以进来吗 |
[1:45:12] | Walter? | 沃尔特 |
[1:45:19] | Walter, it’s your dad, I’m right here. | 沃尔特 我是爸爸 我就在这 |
[1:45:23] | Can you hear me? | 你听得到吗 |
[1:45:32] | Walter? | 沃尔特 |
[1:45:37] | Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[1:45:39] | Walter, if you can hear me, just yell or something. I’m right outside the door. | 沃尔特 听到请叫一声 我就在门外 |
[1:45:42] | Hands on your head and move away from the door. | 把双手放头上 离开门口 |
[1:45:46] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[1:45:48] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[1:45:49] | I’m right here, honey. Everything’s gonna be fine, okay? Just hang tight. | 我就在这 宝贝 一切都会好的 你要坚持住 |
[1:45:55] | I said, put your hands on your head and move away from the door. | 我再说一遍 把双手放头上 离开门口 |
[1:47:09] | Walter’s upstairs. He’s okay. | 沃尔特在楼上 他没事 |
[1:47:11] | They assure me you and your son will be taken care of. | 他们向我保证会照顾你和你儿子 |