时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | A toast. | 祝酒 |
[00:02] | To the beginning of a fruitful partnership. | 庆祝这段合作关系的开始 |
[00:07] | We found this. | 我们找到了这个 |
[00:08] | A bloody finger mark. | 一枚血指纹 |
[00:10] | I’ve read about this. | 我看过这方面的文章 |
[00:12] | And what is my role to be in all of this? | 那我是个什么角色 |
[00:14] | Perhaps you’ve already played it. | 也许你已经扮演好了 |
[00:16] | May I assume you have an interest? | 我可以认为你这是有兴趣吗 |
[00:18] | It wouldn’t be fair to assume anything about me, Doctor. | 你不该擅自对我做出任何揣测 博士 |
[00:23] | I’m seeking information. | 我想知道些东西 |
[00:25] | What was his name? | 他叫什么 |
[00:26] | The one with the silver smile? | 有银色微笑的那个人 |
[00:50] | Mr. Van Bergen. | 凡·伯根先生 |
[00:58] | Sir? | 先生 |
[00:58] | You may bring the dessert now. | 可以把甜点端上来了 |
[01:00] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[01:04] | Mr. Van Bergen, there’s been an incident. | 凡·伯根先生 出了件事故 |
[01:07] | – An incident? – Yes. | -事故 -是的 |
[01:08] | It involves a boy, a rather young boy. | 跟一个年轻男孩有关 |
[01:10] | Does this have something to do with Willem? | 这跟威勒姆有关吗 |
[01:22] | The police aren’t entirely certain, Mrs. Van Bergen, | 警方也不完全确定 凡·伯根太太 |
[01:24] | but…um… | 但是… |
[01:28] | inquiries have been made | 有警局以外的人 |
[01:29] | by persons outside the department | 进行了调查 |
[01:31] | that could be cause for concern. | 这可能引起问题 |
[01:34] | There was a young street urchin | 有个小流浪儿 |
[01:35] | killed up on the bridge. | 被杀死在了桥上 |
[01:41] | Your son is known to have frequented | 你儿子据称经常光顾 |
[01:44] | the disorderly house where the boy worked, | 那男孩工作的妓院 |
[01:46] | and it is said that they were fond of one another. | 而且据说他们很喜欢彼此 |
[01:50] | Enough! | 够了 |
[01:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[02:01] | Steamed treacle pudding, sir. | 蒸糖蜜布丁 先生 |
[02:12] | I am terribly sorry to have disturbed your lunch. | 很抱歉打扰您吃午饭了 |
[02:15] | But it seems as though Willem has | 但看来威勒姆 |
[02:17] | got himself in water a bit hotter than usual. | 这次惹的麻烦比之前要严重些 |
[02:21] | I thought you should know now. | 我觉得你们该知道 |
[02:23] | There’s no later. | 越早越好 |
[02:48] | I don’t like it, Tom. | 我不喜欢这样 汤姆 |
[02:50] | I don’t like it one bit. | 我非常不喜欢 |
[02:52] | None of us like it. | 我们都不喜欢 |
[02:53] | Willem’s been warned before. | 以前警告过威勒姆的 |
[02:56] | No rough stuff, not with Biff’s girls. | 不能动粗 比夫的姑娘们不行 |
[02:58] | I’ve had a meeting with the family, | 我跟他家人见过面了 |
[03:00] | gave due notice. | 通知他们了 |
[03:03] | We won’t let it happen again. | 我们不会允许这种事再发生了 |
[03:06] | Paulie, don’t worry. | 保罗 别担心 |
[03:09] | Goddamn sodomites. | 该死的鸡奸者 |
[03:13] | What about the Moore fella? | 那个摩尔呢 |
[03:15] | I don’t think he’s gonna be talking to nobody | 他应该不会把他去梦死馆的事 |
[03:17] | about his little visit to Paresis Hall. | 说出去吧 |
[03:20] | Not if he cares about his good standing in the community. | 如果他还在意自己在社区里的名声的话 |
[03:23] | Well, you’re right about his standing. | 的确是得”站”了 |
[03:25] | He won’t be sitting down for a week. | 他一周都坐不下去了 |
[04:27] | Sally? | 萨莉 |
[04:42] | John. | 约翰 |
[04:44] | How do you feel? | 你感觉怎么样了 |
[04:46] | How did I get here? | 我怎么到这儿的 |
[04:47] | You have young Stevie to thank for that. | 那得感谢小史蒂文 |
[04:50] | He found you wandering about in an alley | 他发现你在田德隆区的一条 |
[04:52] | down in the Tenderloin. | 小巷里游荡着 |
[04:59] | You were missing your trousers. | 你没穿裤子 |
[05:03] | Christ. | 天呐 |
[05:04] | Don’t worry. It can happen to the best of us. | 别担心 我们谁都可能碰上这种事 |
[05:09] | Can I get something a little stronger, please? | 能给我点更烈的东西吗 |
[05:16] | What’s all this? What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 干什么呢 |
[05:18] | We need someplace where the walls have no ears. | 我们需要隔墙无耳的地方干活儿 |
[05:21] | It will be a gathering point, | 这里算是集会地了 |
[05:22] | a place where revelations may slip through. | 可以进行揭示 |
[05:24] | Revelations of what? | 揭示什么 |
[05:25] | Well, let’s start with what you did last night. | 首先是你昨晚做了什么 |
[05:31] | You went down to new Paresis Hall. | 你去了新梦死馆 |
[05:33] | Stevie told us that much. | 史蒂文只告诉我们了这些 |
[05:36] | I-I met…Sally. | 我见到了 萨莉 |
[05:39] | They were friends, the two of them. | 他们两个是朋友 |
[05:43] | Gloria — Giorgio was well-liked, she said. | 格洛丽娅…乔治奥据她说很受欢迎 |
[05:48] | Especially by the wealthier clients. | 尤其是有钱的客人 |
[05:52] | That may be the reason the police were | 这可能就是警方逼迫 |
[05:53] | pressuring the Santorelli family to keep quiet. | 圣雷利一家闭嘴的原因 |
[05:56] | The rich will always choose dead children | 富人宁可弄死孩子也不愿 |
[05:57] | over social scandal. | 丑闻曝光 |
[05:59] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[06:00] | Honestly, I-I can recall very little. | 说真的 我记不太清了 |
[06:09] | It’s not what you think! | 不是你们想的那样 |
[06:11] | What do we think? | 我们想什么了 |
[06:12] | You think I — | 你们以为我… |
[06:14] | I told you! | 我说了 |
[06:17] | I don’t remember! | 我不记得了 |
[06:21] | It is my honor and my privilege to present these brave men | 我很荣幸给这些勇敢的人 |
[06:25] | with the Meritorious Service Medal. | 授予优秀服务奖章 |
[06:29] | Their honesty and devotion to duty | 他们的正直和对奉献精神 |
[06:31] | make them examples to every member | 让他们成为了全 |
[06:33] | of the New York Police Department, | 纽约警局的榜样 |
[06:34] | as well as to every citizen. | 也是每个市民的榜样 |
[06:43] | Captain Connor, at long last, | 康纳警监 终于 |
[06:44] | the city has policemen it can be proud of. | 纽约市有可以为之骄傲的警察了 |
[06:47] | You think sticking medals in roundsmen | 你觉得给蛋蛋毛没长齐的 |
[06:49] | with nary a hair on their ball sack | 稽查员佩戴奖章 |
[06:51] | is gonna earn the respect of the department? | 就能赢得警局的尊重吗 |
[06:54] | You want to give out medals, Commissioner, | 你想颁发勋章 专员 |
[06:56] | I know men who are deserving. | 我知道谁配被授予勋章 |
[06:59] | Sir. | 先生 |
[07:01] | Commissioner? A photograph, please? | 专员 能照张相吗 |
[07:10] | Captain Connor… please join us. | 康纳警监 来一起照吧 |
[07:30] | Well done. | 做得很好 |
[07:39] | My father loves to shoot, | 我爸喜欢射击 |
[07:40] | but we’re never allowed to touch a gun unless he’s there. | 但是我们只有在他在场的情况下才允许摸枪 |
[07:45] | Can you shoot? | 你会射击吗 |
[07:49] | My father taught me when I was just about your age. | 我在你这么大的时候我爸教过我 |
[07:53] | Did your mother object? | 你妈反对吗 |
[07:56] | She died long before. | 她很早就去世了 |
[08:00] | Keep up the good work. | 再接再厉 |
[08:01] | They were friends, my father and yours. | 他们是朋友 我爸和你爸 |
[08:04] | Is that how you got the job, then? | 那你是靠这个得到这份工作的吗 |
[08:07] | I’d like to think not. | 我情愿认为不是 |
[08:17] | Is that you, John? | 是你吗 约翰 |
[08:19] | Morning, Gran. | 早上好 奶奶 |
[08:20] | When you didn’t come home last night, | 你昨晚没回家的时候 |
[08:23] | I called your father, and — | 我给你爸打电话了… |
[08:24] | I should have let you know my whereabouts. | 我应该让你知道我在哪的 |
[08:26] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:28] | You’re irresponsible, John, but you aren’t cruel. | 你是个不负责任的人 约翰 但你不是个冷酷的人 |
[08:33] | Had you been drinking again? | 你又喝酒了吗 |
[08:34] | I’m merely seeing myself through a rough patch. | 我只是最近很低迷 |
[08:38] | You and your rough patches. | 你和你的低迷期 |
[08:41] | You need to meet a nice girl. | 你得遇到个好女孩 |
[08:44] | Marry her. | 和她结婚 |
[08:45] | Have little Moores. | 生一群小摩尔 |
[08:47] | I am in a position to introduce you | 我来给你介绍一个 |
[08:49] | to the right young lady. | 合适的年轻姑娘 |
[08:52] | Loathsome machine. | 令人讨厌的机器 |
[08:58] | Quite a maze. | 真是错综复杂 |
[09:01] | And our killer has to be found somewhere | 我们的杀手一定在这之中的 |
[09:02] | in the midst of it. | 某个地方 |
[09:04] | Ancient cultures believed fingerprints | 古文明认为指纹 |
[09:06] | revealed the secrets of the soul. | 揭露了灵魂的秘密 |
[09:08] | Just like palmistry. | 就像手相术 |
[09:10] | As scientists, what does it tell us, gentlemen? | 作为科学家 这告诉我们什么 先生们 |
[09:14] | Nothing for now, but if we find a second print, | 目前为止没什么 但是如果我们找到第二个指纹 |
[09:16] | it may tell us whether it belongs to the same man. | 可能能告诉我们是不是同一个人的指纹 |
[09:19] | What about this spot here? | 这块呢 |
[09:23] | It’s only a partial print. | 只是一部分指纹 |
[09:25] | Some of the friction ridges won’t show up. | 有些磨擦脊没有显现 |
[09:33] | Here. | 这里 |
[09:34] | And over here. | 还有这 |
[09:36] | They could be cuts or abrasions. | 可能被割伤或者划伤了 |
[09:38] | Belonging to a manual laborer, perhaps. | 也许是体力劳动者 |
[09:40] | Or some skin disease. | 又或者是某种皮肤病 |
[09:42] | We need a clearer print to do a proper analysis. | 我们需要一枚清晰的指纹来进行分析 |
[09:44] | What about the Santorelli boy? | 圣雷利呢 |
[09:48] | Could the killer have left prints | 他的尸体或者衣服上 |
[09:49] | on his body or clothing? | 可能有凶手的指纹吗 |
[09:51] | With the amount of blood he shed, | 从他的流血量来看 |
[09:53] | it’s highly likely. | 很有可能 |
[09:56] | We have his fingerprint. | 我们有他的指纹 |
[09:59] | We know the kind of knife he uses. | 我们知道他用什么样的刀 |
[10:02] | I need you to go to the morgue to check the body. | 我需要你们去停尸房检查一下尸体 |
[10:40] | You! You were here this morning. | 你 你今天早上就在这 |
[10:42] | – Out! – That wasn’t me! | -出去 -不是我 |
[10:45] | You know the rules! Out! | 你知道规矩的 出去 |
[11:04] | I do wish he had stayed in Washington. | 我的确希望他待在华盛顿 |
[11:07] | His return to the city has brought nothing | 他的归来 |
[11:09] | but acrimony to its inhabitants. | 只给居民带来了辛辣 |
[11:12] | Who would that be, Mr. Tuthill? | 说谁啊 泰悉尔先生 |
[11:13] | Roosevelt. | 罗斯福 |
[11:15] | Closing down the saloons on Sunday. | 星期天把酒馆都关了 |
[11:17] | Who the hell does he think he is? | 他以为他是谁 |
[11:18] | I’d call him a man thirsty for reform. | 我觉得他是渴望改革 |
[11:21] | A bunch of hooey is what I say. | 在我看来都是一派胡言 |
[11:23] | This won’t take long, Mr. Tuthill. | 不会很久的 泰悉尔先生 |
[11:25] | Let me see — Santorelli, Giorgio. | 我看看 圣雷利 乔治奥 |
[11:28] | Here we are. | 这个就是了 |
[11:39] | Now… | 现在… |
[11:41] | Well, I’ll be damned. | 完蛋 |
[11:45] | The body of the Santorelli child | 圣雷利孩子的尸体 |
[11:47] | has been taken from the morgue. | 被从停尸房带走了 |
[11:50] | Dr. Kreizler, this is evidence | 克雷泽勒博士 这是 |
[11:51] | of corruption within the police department. | 警察局内部腐败的证据啊 |
[11:54] | Indeed. | 的确 |
[11:58] | I’ve convinced Commissioner Roosevelt | 我说服了罗斯福专员 |
[12:00] | that he now must trust you more than his own men. | 相比他的自己人 他现在一定更相信你 |
[12:02] | The unwillingness to pursue the killer | 警察不愿意追查凶手 |
[12:04] | on the part of the police only highlights | 只会让罗斯福先生在警局的 |
[12:06] | Mr. Roosevelt’s isolation within the department. | 孤立状态更加明显 |
[12:10] | They don’t have the appetite to approach matters | 他们没有兴趣 |
[12:12] | from this new perspective of yours — | 从你的新的观点出发… |
[12:14] | the “Why” rather than the “What.” | “为什么”而不是”什么” |
[12:17] | Every new thinker is at first condemned | 每一位新的思想家一开始都会被 |
[12:19] | by those for whom change is far more terrifying | 比起杀害儿童的凶手来 |
[12:22] | than a murderer of children. | 更害怕改变的人所反对 |
[12:31] | We are quite alone in searching for this killer. | 我们只能独自追查这个凶手 |
[12:38] | But I imagine that will suit you well enough — | 但是我想那正适合你… |
[12:41] | to be quite alone. | 独自追查 |
[12:48] | Your appearance would suggest a social engagement. | 你的样子像是要去参加什么社会活动 |
[12:52] | I have a Vassar reunion. | 我要去参加瓦莎学院的校友会 |
[12:54] | Quite frankly, I’d prefer to continue working | 说实话 我更喜欢继续 |
[12:56] | on the Santorelli case. | 研究圣雷利凶案 |
[12:59] | Because you require answers, | 因为你想知道答案 |
[13:02] | or you wish to keep the world at bay? | 还是你希望远离其他人 |
[13:11] | Goodnight, Dr. Kreizler. | 晚安 克雷泽勒博士 |
[13:19] | Someone is the murderer, and if you’ve been winked at, | 有人是杀手 如果有人对你眨眼 |
[13:23] | it means you’ve been killed and you’re out of the game. | 就意味着你被杀出局了 |
[13:26] | The object is to catch the murderer | 游戏的目的就是在杀手杀害你之前 |
[13:28] | before he winks at you. | 找到杀手 |
[13:31] | Are we all ready? | 大家准备好了吗 |
[13:44] | Are we two the only old maids in the entire class? | 我们是全班仅有的两个未婚大龄少女吗 |
[13:49] | Please, Miss Howard. | 霍华德小姐 |
[13:51] | Speak for yourself. | 请说你自己就行了 |
[13:53] | Sara… | 莎拉 |
[13:55] | meet Milton. | 这位是弥尔顿 |
[13:57] | Milton, Sara’s my old college roommate. | 弥尔顿 莎拉是我的大学室友 |
[14:00] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[14:05] | Sara works for the police department. | 莎拉在警察局工作 |
[14:10] | My uncle is a policeman in Poughkeepsie. | 我叔叔在波基普西当警察 |
[14:13] | He says it’s challenging work. | 他说这工作很有难度 |
[14:15] | Yes, I suppose it can be. | 是 我相信是这样的 |
[14:24] | You must wait by the punch bowl when you’re dead. | 你死了后得去酒桶旁等着 |
[14:28] | I’ve been dying to tell you I was engaged, | 我非常想告诉你我订婚了 |
[14:31] | but I was afraid you wouldn’t approve. | 但我担心你不会赞成 |
[14:35] | Why should I not approve? | 我为什么不会赞成 |
[14:38] | If that’s… what you want. | 只要这是你想要的就行 |
[14:40] | I only want what any girl wants. | 我要的跟其他女孩没有差别 |
[14:46] | And here’s something else. | 还有一件事 |
[14:50] | We’ve done it. | 我们做过了 |
[15:00] | You’ll know what I’m talking about one day. | 有一天你会明白我说的意思 |
[15:06] | Oh, but I’m being presumptuous. | 我有点自以为是了 |
[15:09] | Perhaps you’ve got a beau. | 也许你有男朋友了 |
[15:16] | Well… | 这个 |
[15:17] | there is someone, but it’s only just begun. | 是有了 但才刚开始 |
[15:21] | Who is it? | 他是谁 |
[15:24] | Somebody at the police department? | 警察局的吗 |
[15:25] | Oh, God, no. | 天哪 不是 |
[15:29] | He’s, um… | 他 |
[15:33] | He’s a doctor. | 他是个博士 |
[15:53] | I used to play bridge with your father. | 我跟你父亲玩过桥牌 |
[15:54] | I regretted profiting on his misplays, of course, | 当然 我很抱歉因他的失误赢了他的钱 |
[15:57] | but he insisted on wagering. | 但他坚持要赌钱 |
[16:00] | He was a most proficient loser, Mrs. Bell. | 他是个最职业的输家 贝尔夫人 |
[16:01] | There’s no denying that. | 这点毫无疑问 |
[16:04] | And how is your father? | 你父亲怎么样了 |
[16:05] | Oh, he’s very well, thank you. | 他很好 谢谢你的关心 |
[16:07] | We seldom speak — my father and I. | 我父亲和我 我们很少说话 |
[16:14] | I wrote him a note | 你可怜的哥哥 |
[16:15] | when your poor brother was drowned. | 淹死时 我给他写过便条 |
[16:25] | I am terribly frightened of the sea. | 我非常害怕大海 |
[16:28] | It is so unpredictable. | 它难以预测 |
[16:31] | The water was innocent, Madeline. | 大海是无辜的 玛德琳 |
[16:34] | It wasn’t rough seas so much as an unsteady sailor. | 不怪波涛汹涌的大海 错在不稳定的水手 |
[16:37] | It’s Caroline. | 是卡洛琳 |
[17:30] | Laszlo! | 拉兹洛 |
[17:34] | I remembered something. | 我想起一件事了 |
[17:37] | He never left the room that night. | 他那晚没有离开过房间 |
[17:39] | Sally said they waited for her, but when he didn’t come out, | 萨莉说他们等了她 但他一直没出来 |
[17:41] | they broke the lock and found it empty! | 他们损坏了锁 发现里面没有人 |
[17:45] | Who never left what room? | 谁根本没有离开过哪间房 |
[17:47] | Giorgio, the brothel. | 乔治奥 妓院 |
[17:49] | There was a window — I saw it from across the street. | 有扇窗户 我从街对面看到了 |
[17:51] | It’s too high to jump. There was no fire escape. | 太高了不可能跳下去 没有防火梯 |
[17:53] | But Sally said that even though Giorgio didn’t have wings, | 但萨莉说即便乔治奥没有翅膀 |
[17:55] | he flew away. | 他也能飞走 |
[18:00] | He also said Giorgio had a rich client | 他还说乔治奥有个富有的客人 |
[18:03] | who made a pet of him | 非常宠爱乔治奥 |
[18:05] | and was there the night he was killed. | 在乔治奥被杀那晚也在那 |
[18:07] | And this client… | 这个客人 |
[18:10] | did you discover a name? | 你知道他的名字吗 |
[18:12] | No. | 不知道 |
[18:13] | But he has a silver smile. | 但是他有银色的微笑 |
[18:16] | A silver smile? | 银色的微笑 |
[18:19] | A man who has the power of flight, | 拥有飞行能力的人 |
[18:20] | who can disappear at will. | 他可以随意凭空消失 |
[18:22] | These incoherent ramblings, | 这些没有逻辑 |
[18:24] | distractions that show us nothing | 不着边际的话不能让我们 |
[18:25] | of the nature of the man, of — of what he desires, | 了解这个人的本质 了解他想要什么 |
[18:29] | of — of how he behaves. | 了解他是如何行动的 |
[18:35] | I must talk to the boy myself. | 我必须亲自跟他聊聊 |
[18:58] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[19:00] | Here! You! | 就是你 |
[19:02] | Boy! | 孩子 |
[19:04] | Come here! | 过来 |
[19:06] | Oh, no, no. You remember me. | 不不 你认识我 |
[19:09] | And I’m quite certain you remember | 我很肯定你记得 |
[19:10] | the contents of my billfold! | 我皮夹里装了什么 |
[19:11] | Let go of me, | 放开我 |
[19:12] | – or I’ll scream! – Don’t mind my friend. | -否则我就叫了 -不用害怕 我的朋友 |
[19:14] | All we want is to speak with you. | 我们只想跟你聊聊 |
[19:23] | I already told your friend everything. | 我已经把一切都告诉你朋友了 |
[19:26] | Giorgio disappeared, | 乔治奥消失了 |
[19:27] | and I didn’t see him with anyone. | 我没看到他跟谁在一起 |
[19:28] | Either you’re lying, | 要么就是你在说话 |
[19:29] | or there was a hidden panel in the room — | 要么就是房间里有个暗室 |
[19:30] | the kind you boys use to rob clients. | 你们用来抢客人的那种 |
[19:32] | You clients rob yourselves when you walk through that door. | 我们根本不用抢 那些客人就会一掷千金 |
[19:35] | Tell me, Sally — | 告诉我 萨利 |
[19:36] | Why do you work out here on the streets tonight, | 你为什么今晚在街上接客 |
[19:38] | not at Paresis Hall? | 而不是梦死馆 |
[19:40] | In the brothel, we have to pay most of what we earn | 在妓院 我们得把赚的大部分交给 |
[19:42] | to Kelly and Biff. | 凯利和比夫 |
[19:44] | In return for what? | 为什么 |
[19:46] | Protection from rough stuff. | 他们能保护我们 |
[19:49] | Do your clients always expect you | 你的客人总是喜欢你 |
[19:50] | to dress as girls? | 打扮成女孩吗 |
[19:52] | We do things real girls don’t do. | 我们干的事 真正的女孩做不来 |
[19:58] | When you work out here, | 你在这儿工作 |
[20:00] | how do you know which ones won’t hurt you? | 怎么知道谁不会伤害你 |
[20:02] | When you’ve been working in this business as long as I have, | 你要是在这一行干得和我一样久 |
[20:05] | you know who to trust. | 你就知道谁可以信任 |
[20:10] | Thank you, Sally. You have been a great help. | 谢谢 萨莉 你帮了我们很多 |
[20:16] | See you around. | 再见 |
[20:23] | But we still don’t know | 但我们还是不知道 |
[20:24] | how he vanished from that room. | 他是如何从那间房凭空消失的 |
[20:26] | Forget for a moment how he vanished, | 先别管他怎么消失的 |
[20:28] | but why. | 为什么会消失 |
[20:29] | Was he forced, or did he go of his own accord? | 他是被逼或是自愿离开 |
[20:31] | We’ve always assumed he was killed, | 我们一直假设他被杀害后 |
[20:33] | then left on the bridge. | 被弃尸在桥上 |
[20:34] | What if he was alive when he was arrived there? | 如果当时他抵达桥上时还活着呢 |
[20:37] | But why would he willingly go to his death? | 但他为何要主动走向死亡 |
[20:40] | Because he went with someone he trusted. | 因为他和他信任的人在一起 |
[21:22] | Thank you, Cyrus. | 谢谢 塞拉斯 |
[21:25] | Night, sir. | 晚安 先生 |
[21:26] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[21:43] | There is nothing in these books that gives me an insight | 翻遍这些书 我还是无法理解 |
[21:46] | into what it means to take another life. | 夺人性命到底意义何在 |
[21:54] | Do you remember what I said | 你还记得我在你庭审上 |
[21:56] | when I testified at your trial? | 作证时说的话吗 |
[22:01] | Yes, sir. I do. Every word. | 记得 先生 一字不忘 |
[22:07] | I told the jury that, when you saw that woman beaten, | 我告诉陪审团 当你见到那位挨打的女人 |
[22:11] | it brought back the memories | 你亲生母亲被杀的记忆 |
[22:12] | of how your own mother was killed. | 顿时涌上心头 |
[22:14] | That set off an uncontrollable rage in you. | 你心中的怒火被点燃 无法克制 |
[22:17] | I had the theory at the time. | 当时我就有了这理论 |
[22:21] | Did you not agree? | 你不同意吗 |
[22:23] | I would agree to anything | 只要能避免 |
[22:23] | that would keep that rope from ’round my neck. | 让我走上绞刑台 我什么都同意 |
[22:33] | I mean… | 我意思是 |
[22:35] | God created life, but God also created murder. | 上帝创造生命 但他也创造了谋杀 |
[22:38] | And if you’re trying to figure out a reason why, | 你如果企图去钻研出一个理由 |
[22:41] | you’re gonna drive yourself mad. | 你会发疯的 |
[22:55] | Is that all? | 就这样吗 |
[23:01] | Please, doctor, don’t. | 求求你 医生 别这样 |
[23:04] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[23:09] | You want to know what it feels like to murder a man? | 你想知道杀死一个人是什么感受吗 |
[23:13] | ‘Cause I remember every moment. | 我还记得每一个细节 |
[23:16] | I remember the blood. | 我记得鲜血 |
[23:18] | I remember the broken teeth. | 我记得断牙 |
[23:19] | I remember the feeling | 我还记得 |
[23:20] | of that warm flesh of his neck in my hand. | 他的颈子在我手中的温热触感 |
[23:24] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[23:27] | And you know something else, doctor — | 还有一件事 博士 |
[23:28] | something I ain’t never told nobody? | 这事我从没告诉过其他人 |
[23:32] | The thing I remember the most | 我记得最清楚的 |
[23:35] | is the feeling of pleasure that it gave me. | 是杀人所带来的愉悦快感 |
[23:46] | There’s blood on your shirt, doctor. | 你衣服上有血 博士 |
[23:52] | It’s ink. | 那是墨水 |
[25:13] | I’m afraid I’ve ruined it. | 恐怕是被我毁了 |
[25:28] | Dr. Kreizler! | 克雷泽勒博士 |
[25:31] | There’s been another one. | 又发生了 |
[25:49] | Stevie, take that calash around back. | 史蒂文 马车停到背后 |
[25:53] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方 |
[25:55] | It’s the old immigration station. | 这是旧的移民站 |
[25:57] | They’re turning it into an aquarium. | 他们要改建成水族馆 |
[26:04] | A roundsman from the precinct has already been here. | 分局巡警长已经来过 |
[26:07] | There’s not a lot of time. | 时间不多了 |
[26:11] | Where is the body? | 尸体在哪里 |
[26:27] | All the doors were locked. There’s no way in or out. | 所有的们都上了锁 没有任何出入口 |
[26:30] | I checked. | 我检查过 |
[26:31] | And the locker here — No keys are missing. | 钥匙柜在这 所有钥匙都还在 |
[26:59] | I’ve already instructed the dispatcher at headquarters | 我已经下令总部的调度员 |
[27:01] | to hold back the information for one hour. | 封锁消息一小时 |
[27:03] | If you can hold it back for one hour, | 如果能封锁一小时 |
[27:04] | – you can hold it for three. – Laszlo… | -三小时肯定也没问题 -拉兹洛 |
[27:07] | I do not believe this argument helps your cause — | 我认为这样争论对你… |
[27:09] | our cause. | 对我们没有好处 |
[27:10] | The Commissioner has already compromised himself… | 专员已经让步… |
[27:36] | Captain! Sir! | 警监 长官 |
[27:38] | Roundsman Barclay, can’t you see I’m busy? | 巴克雷巡警长 没看见我正在忙吗 |
[27:41] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[27:42] | Mrs. Lamb’s boarding house, $18. | 兰博太太的招待所 18元 |
[27:46] | – Sir — – Holy mother of God, Barclay. | -长官 -我的妈啊 巴克雷 |
[27:48] | You were not awarded a medal for being irritating, were you? | 你是靠着惹人烦而获得荣誉奖章的吗 |
[27:51] | No, sir. | 不 长官 |
[27:53] | I’m just wondering why you’re still here. | 我只想知道您为何还在这 |
[27:54] | Where should I be? | 那我该去哪 |
[27:56] | There’s a murder down the Battery got called in. | 有人报案巴特利发生了凶杀 |
[27:59] | Who took it? | 谁接的案 |
[28:00] | Grady was on the desk. | 是格雷迪值班 |
[28:03] | Who’s gone and died now? | 死者是谁 |
[28:06] | It’s another boy whore. | 又是一名男童妓 |
[28:13] | Why wasn’t I told? | 为什么没人告知我 |
[28:14] | Grady told the commissioner, | 格雷迪通知了专员 |
[28:16] | and then the commissioner left with them two sheeny detectives. | 专员就和那两个犹太警探去了 |
[28:19] | – Raise the horses! – Yes, sir. | -备马 -是 长官 |
[28:20] | – Doyle, get the men. – Yes, sir! | -道尔 叫人出发 -是 长官 |
[28:23] | Bloody hell! | 我的老天 |
[28:27] | Come on! | 快点 |
[28:39] | Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. | 我的老天爷啊 |
[28:41] | – Doyle! – Sir? | -道尔 -长官 |
[28:42] | Summon Byrnes. | 去叫伯恩 |
[28:43] | He’s already here, sir. | 他已经来了 长官 |
[28:44] | Come on, men! Over here! Come on! | 快点过来 这边 |
[28:46] | Men! Let’s see some movement! | 都给我让开 |
[28:55] | I see bad news travels fast. | 坏事传千里啊 |
[28:59] | Why can’t this fiend do his work at a more reasonable hour? | 这个恶魔就不能挑个好时候出动吗 |
[29:03] | Let’s go, let’s go! | 快走 快走 |
[29:05] | Move it out! | 让开 |
[29:21] | The man is appointed! | 这家伙是被指派过来的 |
[29:22] | As a favor. | 只是协助 |
[29:24] | And now he acts as if he’s a 30-year veteran of the force! | 现在他一副在这里指点风云的样子 |
[29:27] | He’ll be caught with his willy in the ringer this time, Chief. | 这次他绝对吃不了什么好果子 局长 |
[29:29] | Impeding a murder investigation, | 介入谋杀调查 |
[29:31] | and a particularly salacious one at that. | 还是一起非常淫秽的案子 |
[29:34] | I’ve tipped the boys off already. | 我已经让那些孩子闭嘴了 |
[29:36] | Roosevelt — | 罗斯福 |
[29:37] | From stalwart reformer to a torchbearer of corruption. | 从坚定的改革者到腐败的火炬手 |
[29:42] | The papers will eat that up with a spoon. | 小报绝对会扒得干干净净 |
[29:44] | Can you tell us what’s going on up there, commissioner? | 能告诉我们这里发生了什么吗 专员 |
[29:46] | Word has it, it’s another boy’s been killed. | 据说又一个男孩被杀了 |
[29:50] | I’d like to know where you get your information from, Mr. Steffens. | 我想知道你的消息是哪里来的 斯蒂芬斯先生 |
[29:53] | You and your colleagues seem to be | 你和你的同事仿佛总是 |
[29:54] | one step ahead of the police in the matter. | 先警方一步 |
[29:56] | So it’s true, then? | 所以这是真的了 |
[30:01] | Stevie! Get yourself around front, boy. | 史蒂文 到前面看着 |
[30:03] | If you see the police, you hightail inside. | 如果你看到警察 就赶紧冲进来报信 |
[30:05] | – You let me know, okay?! Let me know! – Okay! | -一定要告诉我 一定要告诉我 -好的 |
[30:07] | – Hightail it, boy! – Okay! | -冲进来 小子 -好的 |
[30:14] | I can feel serrations | 我可以感觉到 |
[30:16] | on the zygomatic bone around both eyes | 两只眼睛的眶上嵴和颧骨 |
[30:19] | as well as the supraorbital ridge. | 都有锯齿状割痕 |
[30:24] | Identical to what we found with the Zweig boy. | 和茨威格男孩遇害时一样 |
[30:26] | Probably used the same knife to take the eyes of both boys. | 也许使用同一把刀挖出这两个男孩的双眼 |
[30:29] | The same hand at work. | 同一个人干的 |
[30:35] | Careful where you step. | 小心站的地方 |
[31:01] | I’m sorry you had to see such a thing. | 很抱歉让你看到这副场景 |
[31:07] | I’ve seen death before, but never like that. | 我见过死亡 但没见过这样的死亡 |
[31:17] | I fail to see a way he might have gotten up here. | 我不知道他要怎么上到这里来 |
[31:22] | Or down, for that matter. | 活着下去 |
[31:25] | The Zweig children — They were found in a water tank. | 茨威格姐弟是被发现在一个水箱里 |
[31:29] | Up on a roof. | 屋顶上 |
[31:31] | That’s what Kreizler said. | 克雷泽勒是这么说的 |
[31:34] | And Aaron Morton — the paper stated his body | 亚伦·默顿 档案上说他的尸体 |
[31:36] | was hidden on the Brooklyn Bridge. | 藏在了布鲁克林大桥上 |
[31:48] | Heights — He’s attracted to heights. | 高度 他很喜欢高的地方 |
[31:52] | A roof-top water tank, two bridges, and now… | 屋顶上的水箱 两座桥 现在… |
[31:54] | Yes! Yes, that’s good. | 没错 没错 很好 |
[31:56] | What else do the details of the crime suggest to you? | 你还注意到这起罪案的那些细节 |
[32:02] | Might water play a role, as well? | 水会不会也很重要 |
[32:04] | Yes. | 没错 |
[32:06] | Water seems important. | 水看上去很重要 |
[32:08] | Perhaps… A view of water. | 也许…水的风景 |
[32:10] | The Zweigs were hidden. The Morton boy, too. | 茨威格姐弟被藏了起来 默顿也是 |
[32:13] | These last two, however, were left in plain sight. | 最近两起都是弃尸在外 |
[32:15] | He’s no longer hiding his victims. | 他不再把受害者藏起来了 |
[32:16] | He’s moved on. He evolved. | 他变了 他进化了 |
[32:19] | Evolved to what? | 进化成什么了 |
[32:26] | Have you determined | 你们有没有 |
[32:26] | what might have been the cause of death? | 查出死因是什么 |
[32:28] | There is bruising to the neck, | 脖子上有一道瘀伤 |
[32:29] | front and back, which indicates strangulation. | 前后都有 应该是勒死 |
[32:33] | I see no defensive wounds. | 我没看到防御性伤口 |
[32:34] | You’re not suggesting he didn’t put up a fight. | 你不会是说他没有反抗吧 |
[32:36] | Maybe not. | 也许是没有 |
[32:37] | I come here willingly | 我自愿 |
[32:38] | with someone I believe I can trust. | 和一个我能信任的人过来 |
[32:41] | And even as I’m being strangled, I don’t struggle, | 就算我被掐住 我也不会反抗 |
[32:43] | because asphyxiation is an expected part of the act. | 因为窒息本来就是行为的一部分 |
[32:47] | What kind of act? | 什么行为 |
[32:48] | A sexual act. | 性行为 |
[32:50] | Look here — a finger mark. | 看 一枚指纹 |
[32:51] | Do you think it can be captured with a photograph? | 你觉得能照下来吗 |
[32:53] | I’m afraid we’re unable to reproduce something so small, | 恐怕太小了 没法复制 |
[32:56] | Dr. Kreizler, not without sufficient light. | 克雷泽勒博士 光线不足 |
[32:57] | But we must try. | 但我们必须试试 |
[32:59] | That fingerprint could prove invaluable. | 这枚指纹可能很珍贵 |
[33:18] | Watch out! Out of my way! | 小心 让开 |
[33:22] | Do you see a pattern developing with the number of boys killed? | 这么多男孩被杀 你有没有看出规律 |
[33:29] | Excuse me, gentlemen. | 不好意思 先生们 |
[33:31] | Sir! | 先生 |
[33:41] | Okay, lads! Everybody out! | 伙计们 所有人都出去 |
[33:42] | Line up and look sharp! | 围好警戒线 |
[33:45] | Come on! | 快点 |
[33:46] | Move your bloody asses! | 赶紧给我上 |
[33:48] | Now, lads. File up! | 小的们 赶紧的 |
[33:57] | The police — They’re here! | 警察到了 |
[34:00] | – One more. – We need more light. | -再拍一张 -我们需要更多光线 |
[34:02] | If we could only wait for daylight. | 我们只能等到天亮再来 |
[34:03] | Laszlo, we must go! We have to go now. | 拉兹洛 我们该走了 我们必须走了 |
[34:05] | Roosevelt will be held accountable | 如果被人发现你在这里 |
[34:06] | if you’re found here! | 罗斯福会被牵连的 |
[34:08] | Laszlo, please. Come on. | 拉兹洛 快走吧 |
[34:32] | – Sergeant. – Commissioner. | -警司 -专员 |
[34:40] | Captain Connor, good thing you’ve finally arrived. | 康纳专员 你终于到了 |
[34:43] | Why wasn’t I informed about this? | 为什么不先通知我 |
[34:44] | The investigation is well in hand, captain. | 调查进行的很顺利 警监 |
[34:47] | The Isaacsons are already present. | 艾萨克森兄弟已经到了 |
[34:49] | Your men are to assist them in every possible way. | 你的人要尽可能协助他们 |
[35:09] | Young Commissioner Roosevelt… | 年轻的专员罗斯福 |
[35:12] | are you well? | 你好吗 |
[35:15] | For a man who is retired, Chief, | 作为一个已经退休的人 局长 |
[35:16] | we’re certainly seeing a lot of you. | 你还是经常出现在我们面前 |
[35:19] | Once a servant of the people, always a servant of the people. | 一日为公仆 终身为公仆 |
[35:27] | We need to secure these premises, Commissioner. | 我们需要封锁现场 专员 |
[35:29] | Of course, Captain. | 当然了 警监 |
[35:31] | Do your duty. | 做你该做的事 |
[35:34] | Okay, you heard the captain. | 都听到警监说的话了 |
[35:57] | It’s about time! | 终于到了 |
[36:01] | Come on! Come on, you! Come on! | 快点 快点 快点 |
[36:11] | Forensic science is no use to us without more time. | 没有时间 鉴证科学对我们来说毫无作用 |
[36:14] | You must make Roosevelt understa– | 你必须让罗斯福明白… |
[36:20] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[36:24] | I gave no such instruction for you to come here. | 我没有要你过来 |
[36:27] | Have Cyrus take you. | 让塞拉斯带你回去 |
[36:42] | Thank you, Mary. | 谢谢 玛丽 |
[36:48] | We’ve been up all night, Laszlo. | 我们奔波了一晚 拉兹洛 |
[36:50] | I would prefer the opportunity | 我想回去 |
[36:51] | to sleep and collect my thoughts. | 好好睡一觉 整理一下想法 |
[36:54] | While the impression is fresh, we must take advantage. | 我们必须趁记忆鲜活 赶紧回忆 |
[36:57] | I assure you, the impression of a poor boy | 我保证 一个可怜的男孩 |
[36:59] | slaughtered like an animal will remain fresh, | 被当作动物一般残忍屠杀的画面 |
[37:01] | if not indelible. | 绝对是无法磨灭的 |
[37:02] | Yes. | 没错 |
[37:04] | It is slaughter. | 这是屠杀 |
[37:06] | They have been led to slaughter. | 他们都被引向屠杀 |
[37:10] | Those last few moments must have been terrorizing. | 他们弥留之际的那几分钟肯定很害怕 |
[37:12] | Is the child’s terror essential to the killer’s experience? | 儿童的恐惧对凶手来说是否是不可或缺的 |
[37:15] | Laszlo, please. | 拉兹洛 拜托 |
[37:16] | Only on the assumption that there’s some meaning | 如果他的行为都是 |
[37:18] | – to his actions. – Yes. | -有意义的话 -没错 |
[37:20] | Certainly, a beggar is motivated to steal a piece of bread | 没错 乞丐有偷面包的动机 |
[37:22] | because he’s hungry. | 因为他很饿 |
[37:23] | But why does our killer do what he does? | 但是我们的凶手为什么要这么做 |
[37:25] | We all must be held accountable, regardless of our misfortunes. | 不管我们遭遇什么不幸 都该为自己负责 |
[37:27] | I’m not speaking about accountability. | 我说的不是负责 |
[37:29] | I’m speaking about empathy, about understanding. | 我说的是要共情 理解他 |
[37:33] | Understanding? | 理解 |
[37:35] | The man murders children for pleasure. | 这个人以杀害儿童为乐 |
[37:45] | This might help you to put yourself in his place. | 这也许能让你站在他的位置上 |
[37:48] | The very notion fills me with loathing. | 我不屑于做这种事 |
[37:51] | I am quite sure a book will not change my mind. | 一本书也不会让我改变主意 |
[37:53] | Then ask yourself why you seek the companionship of strangers. | 那就请扪心自问为什么总在寻求陌生人的相伴 |
[37:58] | ‘Cause you enjoy it? Or are you salving a wound? | 因为你喜欢 还是在疗伤 |
[38:02] | Your broken engagement, | 你破碎的订婚 |
[38:02] | your father’s disapproval, your brother’s death. | 你父亲的反对 你兄弟的死 |
[38:05] | Whatever I’m doing, I’m not butchering children! | 不管我做了什么 都没有杀害儿童 |
[38:11] | This fixation on boys — | 他专注于男孩 |
[38:14] | perhaps he’s reliving a physical or emotional trauma. | 也许是在重温身体或精神上的创伤 |
[38:21] | Miss Howard… | 霍华德小姐 |
[38:23] | how did you cope with your father’s suicide? | 你怎么应对处理你父亲的自杀 |
[38:25] | Sara, that does not require a response. | 莎拉 你不需要回答 |
[38:31] | John indulges himself with drink. | 约翰纵情于酒水 |
[38:33] | What do you do? | 你是怎么做的 |
[38:34] | Kreizler, that’s quite enough! | 克雷泽勒 够了 |
[38:35] | Miss Howard, if she wants to be of aid here, | 霍华德小姐 如果她想要帮忙 |
[38:37] | must confront her feelings, because we all, in some manner, | 就必须正面自己的情绪 因为我们都会 |
[38:39] | protect ourselves from psychological and emotional pain | 用各种办法应对自己身体和情感上的创伤 |
[38:42] | by taking action to craft fantasies of revenge, | 比如幻想复仇 |
[38:45] | of power, of sexual gratification. | 权力 或者性满足 |
[38:47] | So, what is it, Miss Howard? | 所以到底是什么 霍华德小姐 |
[38:50] | What is your opiate? | 你的鸦片是什么 |
[38:51] | This is insufferable. | 真是令人难以忍受 |
[38:54] | Come on, Sara. We don’t have to listen to this. | 走吧 莎拉 我们不用听这些话 |
[39:01] | Go on, then. | 那走吧 |
[39:03] | Both of you. | 都走吧 |
[39:07] | And come back when you’re able to look inside yourselves. | 等你们准备好正视内心再回来 |
[39:39] | Damn superiority. | 该死的优越感 |
[39:41] | We’re not free to ask questions, | 我们就不能问问题 |
[39:42] | but he’s free to go mucking around in our personal lives. | 他就能追问我们的私人生活 |
[39:49] | He asked about your father. I simply told him the truth. | 他问起你父亲的事 我只是告诉了他真相 |
[39:57] | It was very personal, wasn’t it? | 的确那是非常私人的事 |
[40:01] | But I’m afraid what he said might be right. | 但恐怕他说得没错 |
[40:04] | Even if it is, it — it does not excuse | 就算如此 他也不该 |
[40:06] | his impertinence. | 如此无礼 |
[40:11] | Tell me about Mary. | 和我说说玛丽 |
[40:13] | That was more than reprimanding a servant. | 那不仅仅只是在训诫下人 |
[40:16] | Oh, Mary. | 玛丽 |
[40:19] | She was taken in by Kreizler when she was still quite young. | 她很小的时候就被克雷泽勒收养了 |
[40:24] | Dare I ask why? | 我能问问为什么吗 |
[40:27] | She burned her father to death. | 她把自己的父亲烧死了 |
[40:30] | You’re not serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[40:32] | On the contrary. | 非常认真 |
[40:35] | It took her several attempts to set him alight. | 她之前就试过好几次想烧死他 |
[40:47] | He wants to shield her from this, | 他想要保护她 |
[40:48] | but it was more than that. | 单不仅仅如此 |
[40:51] | He was embarrassed to show his concern in front of us. | 他不敢在我们面前暴露出他的担心 |
[40:54] | It caused him to become angry. | 所以他变得很愤怒 |
[40:57] | My God. | 天啊 |
[40:59] | You’re beginning to sound just like him. | 你开始听上去和他越来越像了 |
[41:01] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[41:04] | I’m afraid the both of us are. | 恐怕我们俩都越来越像了 |
[41:08] | You can be quite amusing when you want to be, John. | 你有时候可以非常有意思 约翰 |