时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | What happened to your arm, Doctor? | 你的手臂怎么了 博士 |
[00:03] | That is no concern of yours. | 那不关你的事 |
[00:05] | Why can’t you do what you yourself demand of others and be honest? | 你为什么不能做到你要求别人做到的事 坦诚相告 |
[00:07] | It’s because you’re a coward. | 因为你是个懦夫 |
[00:12] | You weren’t responsible for her death. | 她的死不是你的错 |
[00:14] | Who then, if not me? | 如果不是我 又是谁 |
[00:16] | This wretched investigation is over. | 这该死的调查结束了 |
[00:19] | Dr. Kreizler’s withdrawn because he’s been hurt, | 克雷泽勒博士退出是因为他受了伤害 |
[00:21] | but we have a duty to go on. | 但我们还有责任继续下去 |
[00:23] | But we don’t have the knowledge or the know-how. | 我们没有知识 不知道怎么做 |
[00:25] | We have a name. We have a suspect. | 我们有个名字 我们有嫌疑人了 |
[00:27] | All we have to do is find him. | 我们只需要找到他 |
[00:29] | Still trying to be a detective, are you, Miss Howard? | 还想当警探呢 霍华德小姐 |
[00:32] | Get out of my way. | 别挡我的路 |
[00:34] | The man that we’re looking for, | 我们要找的人 |
[00:35] | he might have a job that allows him to get close | 他的工作可能能让他接近你们 |
[00:37] | to you boys and win your trust. | 赢得你们的信任 |
[00:40] | Tall fella. Facial tic. | 大个子 脸会抽动 |
[00:42] | 3-story house, second floor. | 三层楼房 二楼 |
[00:46] | Today. | 今天 |
[00:50] | We may be too late. | 我们也许来晚了 |
[01:52] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[02:16] | Joseph… | 约瑟夫 |
[02:19] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[02:54] | Has anyone seen the Commissioner? | 有人见到专员了吗 |
[03:08] | Excuse me, Commissioner. | 打扰 专员 |
[03:10] | You should know that the body of the boy found in the bathhouse | 你应该知道在澡堂发现的男孩的尸体 |
[03:12] | is being transported to Bellevue. | 正在被送往贝尔维尤 |
[03:17] | The mayor felt it would be better to have it there | 市长觉得最好送去那里 |
[03:18] | where it can be viewed in peace. | 好安宁地进行尸检 |
[03:25] | He’s also concerned that your presence may… | 他还担心你的出现可能会 |
[03:29] | inflame the situation. | 让情况火上浇油 |
[03:32] | When I was out West, | 我在西部时 |
[03:33] | I dreamed of returning to New York one day… | 我梦想着有一日回到纽约 |
[03:37] | a hero… | 作为英雄 |
[03:40] | who rid the city of corruption, | 铲除城市的腐败 |
[03:43] | stopped murderers, | 阻止杀人犯 |
[03:46] | not a bureaucrat shackled to a desk. | 而不是被绑在了桌边的官僚 |
[03:50] | The last thing an honest politician can expect is gratitude, | 诚实的政客最得不到的就是感激 |
[03:54] | if I may quote you. | 这是您的话 |
[03:58] | We know his name. | 我们知道他的名字 |
[04:01] | We know where he lives. | 我们知道他住哪 |
[04:04] | We’re close, sir. | 我们接近了 先生 |
[04:07] | Not close enough. | 还不够接近 |
[04:09] | Clear the way, please. | 请让开 |
[04:13] | Move along there. | 走吧 |
[05:15] | Joseph is still missing. | 约瑟夫还不见踪影 |
[05:18] | He was turned out on the streets because of me. | 他因为我被赶到了街头上 |
[05:23] | I gave him money, | 我给了他钱 |
[05:24] | but it never crossed my mind to take him in. | 但却没想过带他回家 |
[05:28] | You’re not to blame, John. | 这不能怪你 约翰 |
[05:29] | Of course I am. | 当然要怪我 |
[05:33] | God put him in my way, | 上帝让我遇见了他 |
[05:35] | and I failed him like everyone else. | 我却像其他所有人那样辜负了他 |
[05:42] | You know, until yesterday, I… | 直到昨天 |
[05:44] | I felt sympathy for Beecham. | 我还对比彻姆抱有同情 |
[05:48] | I thought I finally understood him. | 我以为我终于理解了他 |
[05:51] | We can’t understand him, | 我们无法理解他 |
[05:54] | neither you nor I nor anyone. | 不管是你 我 还是任何人 |
[05:58] | Not even your friend Kreizler. | 甚至是你的朋友克雷泽勒 |
[06:07] | When you said that you were in love with him, | 你说你爱上他了 |
[06:10] | did you mean it? | 是真心的吗 |
[06:11] | I imagine I was teasing you. | 我大概是在逗你吧 |
[06:16] | I think I’m in love with you. | 我想我爱上你了 |
[06:19] | There you go again, John Moore. | 你又来了 约翰·摩尔 |
[06:20] | I know it’s embarrassing to speak of such things, | 我知道说这种事很难为情 |
[06:24] | that we should keep them to ourselves | 我们该把感情藏于心中 |
[06:26] | and abide by the codes that keep us civilized, | 遵守维系体面的法则 |
[06:30] | but how can we be civilized | 但我们经历了这样的事 |
[06:33] | when we’ve experienced something like this? | 还怎么能继续保持体面 |
[06:37] | Turn me down, by all means… | 你大可以拒绝我 |
[06:42] | …but don’t pretend I have no feelings for you. | 但别假装我对你没有感情 |
[07:28] | Any news? | 有消息吗 |
[07:31] | John believes another boy may be missing. | 约翰认为可能还有一个男孩失踪了 |
[07:37] | And what about Laszlo? | 那拉兹洛呢 |
[07:44] | I’ve made my life’s work the study of the human mind. | 我一辈子都在研究人的心理 |
[07:49] | And yet now, my own mind deceives me. | 但现在 我自己的头脑在欺骗我 |
[07:57] | I have cause to hate God for what he did to her, and… | 我有理由怨恨上帝对她的安排 |
[08:02] | Yet I find myself believing in him… | 但我还是相信他 |
[08:07] | …humbled by his awful mystery. | 因他的神秘感到谦卑 |
[08:23] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[08:27] | Forgive me, too, if I pried into matters | 也请原谅我刺探了 |
[08:29] | that were not my concern. | 与我无关的事 |
[08:33] | I only did it out of regard for you. | 我那么做只是出于对你的关心 |
[08:58] | My father… | 我父亲 |
[09:04] | My father had two sides — | 我父亲有两面 |
[09:08] | …one loving and the other brutal, | 一面慈爱 一面残忍 |
[09:11] | the two often coexisting. | 两面往往共同存在 |
[09:15] | It was something as trivial as putting me to bed, I recall. | 我记得哄我上床那样的小事 |
[09:21] | A game of tug of war. We were laughing… | 拽床单大战 我们欢笑着 |
[09:34] | I don’t remember if he was drunk | 我不记得他是喝醉了 |
[09:35] | or if I said something that offended him. | 还是我说了冒犯他的话 |
[09:39] | He must have pulled my arm behind my back. | 他肯定是把我的胳膊拉到了我背后 |
[09:51] | In small children, | 对于小孩子 |
[09:52] | fractures often affect… | 骨折往往能影响… |
[10:06] | My father kept a great deal hidden from me… | 我父亲对我隐瞒了很多事 |
[10:13] | …which is why I’m overly inquisitive, I suppose. | 大概就因此 我才特别好奇吧 |
[10:20] | As a child, I was unaware of my father’s melancholia… | 小时候 我并不知道父亲的忧郁 |
[10:28] | But it became so overwhelming | 但后来情况太严重 |
[10:31] | that he tried to take his own life. | 他甚至企图自杀 |
[10:35] | I was the one who found him. | 是我发现了他 |
[10:43] | At the last moment, he’d lost his courage… | 在最后的时刻 他已经失去了勇气 |
[10:48] | and tried to pull the gun from his mouth. | 想把枪从嘴里拿出来 |
[10:54] | He was in terrible pain. | 他非常痛苦 |
[10:57] | Half his face… | 他半张脸 |
[11:02] | He took my hand, | 他握着我的手 |
[11:06] | and we held the gun together… | 我们一起把着枪 |
[11:14] | I’m sorry, Sara. | 我很遗憾 莎拉 |
[11:19] | I’ve learnt from you | 我从你这里学到 |
[11:23] | we can either let it haunt us for the rest of our lives… | 我们要么让这事一直影响我们 |
[11:28] | or we can accept it… | 要么我们接受它 |
[11:32] | and use the memory of our pain to help others. | 用我们痛苦的记忆去帮助别人 |
[11:40] | I’m not sure the choice is entirely in our hands. | 选择权可能不完全在我们手中 |
[11:45] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[11:49] | If it weren’t, we’d all be murderers. | 如果不是 我们不都会变成杀人犯吗 |
[11:55] | We were hoping you’d change your mind. | 我们希望你能改主意 |
[12:09] | Stevie, prepare the carriage for Dr. Kreizler. | 史蒂文 为克雷泽勒博士准备马车 |
[12:12] | That won’t be necessary. | 不用了 |
[12:13] | I’ve not asked to be taken anywhere. | 我没要谁带我去哪 |
[12:16] | I meant no offense, sir. | 我无意冒犯 先生 |
[12:18] | Nor I, Cyrus, | 我也是 塞拉斯 |
[12:20] | but I intend to walk. | 但我想走路 |
[12:30] | Where was the body? | 尸体在哪发现的 |
[12:34] | This is not where he was killed. | 他不是在这里被杀的 |
[12:39] | Not here. | 不是这里 |
[13:01] | Describe the wounds. | 描述下伤口 |
[13:06] | Here. | 这里 |
[13:09] | Here. | 这里 |
[13:10] | A large cut? Gaping? | 一个很大的切口吗 |
[13:13] | Yes, sir. | 对 |
[13:14] | And the eyes? | 眼睛呢 |
[13:16] | Were the eyes missing? | 眼睛被挖走了吗 |
[13:18] | No, sir. They was there. | 没有 还在的 |
[13:21] | Pale from being in the water, but they was there… | 虽然泡在水里泡得惨白 但眼睛还在 |
[13:24] | …staring up at me, they was. | 还盯着我呢 |
[13:27] | I’ll never forget it. | 我永远忘不了 |
[14:42] | Dr. Kreizler. | 克雷泽勒博士 |
[14:44] | Detective Sergeant. | 侦缉警司 |
[14:53] | Dr. Kreizler. Good to see you, sir. | 克雷泽勒博士 见到你真好 先生 |
[15:19] | Much of the organic evidence was taken away for analysis. | 大部分大块证据都被拿去分析了 |
[15:38] | A chart of the city’s sewage and water system. | 这是城市下水道和水系统图表 |
[15:43] | Beecham probably stole it from the Public Records Office. | 比彻姆可能是从公共记录办公室偷走的 |
[15:50] | We suspect Beecham knows we’re watching the rooftops, | 我们怀疑比彻姆发现我们在监视屋顶 |
[15:52] | so he’s using the sewers to get around. | 于是就利用下水道来去了 |
[16:00] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[16:03] | Water. | 水 |
[16:05] | Yes, sir. We considered that | 是啊 先生 我们考虑过 |
[16:07] | since the Feast of John the Baptist is only 10 days away. | 因为施洗约翰盛宴节只有10天就到了 |
[16:12] | You don’t believe there is a connection? | 你不觉得这有联系吗 |
[16:14] | Not to the previous murders. | 跟之前的案子没有 |
[16:20] | Do you think it has a different purpose? | 你觉得这另有用途吗 |
[16:23] | No, I believe you’re right. | 不 我认为你是对的 |
[16:40] | May I have a moment alone? | 可以让我单独待会儿吗 |
[17:02] | A chart of the city’s sewage and water system. | 这是城市下水道和水系统图表 |
[17:05] | …the Feast of John the Baptist | 施洗约翰盛宴节 |
[17:07] | is only 10 days away. | 只有10天就到了 |
[17:11] | Water. | 水 |
[17:28] | …intimate nature of so many other aspects. | 其他方面的亲密性质 |
[18:50] | Each of the murders were committed | 每一宗杀人案都发生在 |
[18:51] | within sight of a body of water, | 能看到水体的地方 |
[18:53] | like a river or a public bath. | 比如河或公共澡堂 |
[18:55] | At first, I assumed this map of the water system | 起初 我以为这副水系图 |
[18:57] | had something to do with him | 跟他利用下水道来去 |
[18:58] | using the sewers to move around, | 有什么关系 |
[18:59] | but now I’m not so sure. | 但现在我不确定了 |
[19:03] | “I baptize you with water, | “我以水为你洗礼 |
[19:04] | but someone is coming soon who is greater than I am.” | 但很快会有比我更伟大的人到来” |
[19:07] | Luke 3:16. | 路加3:16 |
[19:09] | John the Baptist. | 施洗约翰 |
[19:11] | What of him? | 他怎么了 |
[19:12] | I believe it’s why he took the name John, replacing George, | 我觉得这是他用了约翰这个名字换掉乔治的原因 |
[19:15] | but keeping the name of the man who assaulted him. | 但却仍保留了侵犯他的男人的姓氏 |
[19:18] | Beecham. | 比彻姆 |
[19:19] | We know heights are important to him. | 我们知道高对他很重要 |
[19:21] | The mountains are where he found modest relief. | 他在山上感到了些许宽慰 |
[19:23] | But I’m beginning to think that water, | 但我开始认为水 |
[19:25] | in the form of purification, plays an equally important role | 作为净化 扮演着同样重要的角色 |
[19:28] | in his morbid… | 对于他病态的 |
[19:31] | His morbid what? | 病态的什么 |
[19:33] | Ritual. | 仪式 |
[19:35] | It’s only a theory, | 这只是个理论 |
[19:37] | but I believe Beecham used this map | 但我认为比彻姆用这张地图 |
[19:38] | to select the location for his next murder. | 选择下次凶案的地点 |
[19:42] | The Feast of John the Baptist, it’s six days from now. | 施洗约翰盛宴 只有六天了 |
[19:46] | We don’t have much time. We need your help. | 我们没多少时间了 我们需要你帮忙 |
[19:49] | Where to begin? | 怎么帮 |
[19:51] | High Bridge Tower. | 高桥塔 |
[19:52] | It’s the highest point in the city. | 那是城市的最高点 |
[20:01] | How much are they? | 多少钱 |
[20:10] | Good morning, Marcus. | 早 马库斯 |
[20:18] | Esther. | 埃斯特 |
[20:20] | May I speak with you? | 我可以跟你说句话吗 |
[20:21] | I’m afraid my brother and I are in a hurry — | 我哥哥和我正急着… |
[20:22] | I can wait. | 我可以等 |
[20:28] | I didn’t sleep with you | 我跟你上床 |
[20:30] | to try and trick you or force you to look after my child. | 不是为了骗你或逼你照顾我的孩子 |
[20:34] | You know, I can earn my own living. | 我自己能挣钱 |
[20:36] | But what I don’t want is to be alone for the rest of my life | 但我不希望余生都孤独一人 |
[20:40] | because a man I was foolish enough to marry | 就因为我愚蠢地嫁错的男人 |
[20:42] | was too cowardly to face up to his duties. | 太懦弱不愿面对自己的责任 |
[20:46] | I’m sorry for what happened to you, Esther, truly. | 我对你的遭遇真的很遗憾 埃斯特 |
[20:50] | But I’m not ready to take care of you or your child. | 但是我没准备好照顾你或你的孩子 |
[20:54] | I ain’t askin’ for your charity. | 我不是在乞求你的怜悯 |
[20:59] | I’m only asking that you not cross the street | 我只是希望你每次看见我的时候 |
[21:01] | every time you see me. | 不用过马路躲开 |
[21:28] | …the murders are in service | 凶手沉迷于 |
[21:29] | to some kind of psychological gratification. | 某种心理满足 |
[21:35] | There you are, John. | 你来了 约翰 |
[21:37] | Laszlo was just explaining the difference | 拉兹洛只是在解释 |
[21:41] | between a common murderer and a multi-murderer. | 普通杀人凶手和多重谋杀凶手的区别 |
[21:45] | Laszlo now, is it? | 都叫你拉兹洛了 |
[21:48] | Please tell me you haven’t come here | 别跟我说你来这 |
[21:49] | just to frighten my grandmother. | 是为了吓唬我奶奶的 |
[21:51] | I’m not the least bit frightened by these… | 这帮精神病患者根本 |
[21:54] | psychopaths. | 吓不到我 |
[21:57] | Actually, John, I’ve come here to invite you to the opera. | 约翰 其实我来是想邀请你看歌剧的 |
[22:00] | The opera? | 歌剧 |
[22:01] | Yes. The 24th. It’s “Don Giovanni.” | 是的 24号 《唐乔瓦尼》 |
[22:06] | You are aware of the importance of that day? | 你知道这一天的重要性吗 |
[22:09] | It’s the Feast of John the Baptist. | 施洗约翰盛宴节 |
[22:11] | Once a Catholic… | 一入天主教… |
[22:16] | I’m afraid I have a prior engagement | 抱歉我跟霍华德小姐 |
[22:18] | with Miss Howard and Commissioner Roosevelt. | 以及罗斯福专员事先约好了 |
[22:20] | It’ll keep me occupied most of the evening. | 晚上大部分时间我都没有空 |
[22:23] | Perhaps you’d care to join us? | 你介意跟我们一起吗 |
[22:26] | Perhaps after the opera. | 那就歌剧之后吧 |
[22:29] | May I suggest we skip the opera? | 我可以提议不看歌剧吗 |
[22:32] | Unfortunately, that won’t be possible. | 抱歉 恐怕不可能 |
[22:34] | Our presence is required | 我们去看歌剧 |
[22:36] | as a necessary prelude to later events. | 是后续活动的必要前奏 |
[22:39] | How so? | 为什么 |
[22:43] | Certain “Followers of my work” will expect us there. | 某个”我的追随者”会希望在那看到我们 |
[22:52] | Lovely day, isn’t it? | 天气不错啊 |
[23:01] | Shall we say half-past 7 then? | 七点半怎么样 |
[23:34] | You’re dirtier than a savage. | 你比野人还脏 |
[23:37] | She only loved me when she bathed me. | 她只有在给我洗澡的时候才爱我 |
[23:41] | She washed me. | 她把我洗干净 |
[23:44] | You deserve it. | 你也应该洗洗 |
[23:45] | So pretty. | 真漂亮 |
[23:47] | Look at the little bird in its nest. | 看看鸟窝里的小鸟 |
[23:49] | So pretty, I’m gonna snip it off. | 真好看 我要把它剪掉 |
[23:53] | You deserve it. | 你应得的 |
[23:56] | I love you so much. | 我太爱你了 |
[24:23] | I wanted to apologize. | 我想道歉 |
[24:26] | I’m sorry if I was discourteous. | 我为我之前的失礼道歉 |
[24:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:14] | John Schuyler Moore! | 约翰·斯凯勒·摩尔 |
[25:17] | Jack Astor. | 杰克·阿斯特 |
[25:20] | Rather underdressed, aren’t you? | 你穿得也太随便了吧 |
[25:23] | Has it started? | 开场了吗 |
[25:24] | Oh, nobody bothers with Act One. The fun only begins | 没人关心第一幕 唐·乔凡尼 |
[25:27] | when Don Giovanni seduces the ladies — | 勾引女人们的时候才开始有看头 |
[25:30] | something with which you’re quite familiar. | 这也是你非常熟悉的桥段 |
[25:34] | If you’re referring to Julia Pratt, | 如果你指的是茱莉亚·普拉特的话 |
[25:36] | I believe you’re more familiar than I. | 我相信你比我更熟悉 |
[25:38] | – Come on now, old man. – Let’s have a drink. | -走吧 老家伙 -咱们喝一杯 |
[25:46] | If I still drank, old man, | 如果我要是喝酒的话 老家伙 |
[25:49] | I would prefer to drink alone rather than with you. | 我宁愿独酌 也不想跟你对饮 |
[26:25] | I remain baffled as to why I’m attending the opera | 我还是不明白我为什么要在 |
[26:27] | on a night as important as this. | 如此重要的夜晚来看歌剧 |
[26:30] | Where are the others? | 其他人在哪儿 |
[26:32] | Roosevelt’s watching Brooklyn Bridge, | 罗斯福在盯守布鲁克林大桥 |
[26:34] | and Sara and the Isaacsons are expecting us | 莎拉和艾萨克森兄弟 |
[26:36] | at High Bridge Tower. | 在高桥塔等我们 |
[26:38] | It’s best we leave now. | 我们最好现在就走 |
[26:43] | Laszlo, we’ve got to go. | 拉兹洛 我们得走了 |
[26:47] | Come on! | 快点 |
[26:51] | Detective Sergeants. | 侦缉警司 |
[27:12] | They’re all out there tonight. | 他们今晚全都上岗了 |
[27:15] | The guardians of the social order. | 社会秩序的守护者 |
[27:18] | Box 16. | 16号包厢 |
[27:25] | You meant it when you said | 你说的某个”追随者” |
[27:27] | certain “Followers of your work.” | 就是指他吗 |
[27:30] | Byrnes. | 伯恩 |
[27:41] | What did Mr. Moore tell you exactly? | 摩尔先生怎么跟你说的 |
[27:43] | That he and Dr. Kreizler would join us | 他说 他跟克雷泽勒博士 |
[27:45] | just as soon as they could. | 会尽快跟我们汇合 |
[27:54] | There’s still time. | 还有时间 |
[28:06] | He’s not taken his eyes off us. | 他一直盯着我们呢 |
[28:54] | Would you kindly see if there’s anyone in the corridor? | 能麻烦你看看走廊里有没有人吗 |
[29:14] | – There’s no one. – Excellent. | -没有人 -太好了 |
[29:47] | Now, John. Let’s go. | 现在 约翰 咱们走 |
[30:32] | When Dr. Kreizler visited Beecham’s rooms, | 克雷泽勒博士去比彻姆房间的时候 |
[30:34] | what did you discuss? | 你们都讨论什么了 |
[30:36] | I told him about the eyes, | 我跟他说眼睛的事情了 |
[30:39] | the heart in the box. | 还有盒子里的心脏 |
[30:41] | Was there anything else he seemed interested in? | 有看起来让他感兴趣的东西吗 |
[30:45] | This isn’t the right way to the High Bridge Tower. | 这不是去高桥塔的路 |
[30:49] | We’re not going to High Bridge. | 我们不去高桥 |
[30:51] | The map of the city water system. | 城市水系地图 |
[30:54] | Do you have the map with you? | 你现在带着地图吗 |
[30:56] | Sara and the Isaacsons are waiting for us there. | 莎拉和艾萨克兄弟在那里等我们 |
[30:58] | Half the city’s police force is staking out the place. | 全市半数警力在盯着那个地方 |
[31:01] | Then they shall be disappointed. | 而他们只会失望 |
[31:02] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[31:04] | He didn’t take the eyes this time. | 这次他没有拿走眼睛 |
[31:07] | Conscious or not, his focus was on something else. | 不管他是不是清醒的 他的注意力都在别的东西上 |
[31:09] | He’s changing. The ritual is changing. | 他在改变 仪式在改变 |
[31:19] | Think, John. | 好好想想 约翰 |
[31:20] | What did you find in his rooms? | 你在他的房间里发现了什么 |
[31:22] | A map? | 一张地图 |
[31:23] | The map on its own tells us nothing. | 一张地图说明不了什么 |
[31:25] | The box with the child’s heart. | 装着孩童心脏的盒子 |
[31:26] | Not a child’s heart. | 不是孩童的心脏 |
[31:28] | Someone older, someone close to him. | 是更老的人 和他更亲近的人 |
[31:32] | – His mother. – It’s not only love that resides in the heart, John. | -他的母亲 -那颗心中不仅只有爱 约翰 |
[31:36] | It’s pain. | 还有痛苦 |
[31:41] | I’m going to see if I can find out what’s happened to them. | 我去看看他们怎么还没来 |
[31:47] | – You made me lie to them. – I had no choice. | -你让我骗了他们 -我别无选择 |
[31:50] | If the police were to get their hands on Beecham — | 如果警方要抓住比彻姆… |
[31:52] | But Roosevelt trusted you. We all trusted you. | 但是罗斯福相信你 我们都相信你 |
[32:58] | Help! Help me! | 救命 救命 |
[33:02] | Joseph! Joseph! | 约瑟夫 约瑟夫 |
[33:04] | Help! | 救命 |
[33:21] | Joseph! | 约瑟夫 |
[33:37] | Joseph! | 约瑟夫 |
[33:59] | Joseph. | 约瑟夫 |
[34:11] | Is he all right? | 他没事吧 |
[34:14] | Yes. | 没事 |
[34:15] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[34:17] | Joseph. | 约瑟夫 |
[34:19] | Joseph. It’s me, John Moore. | 约瑟夫 是我 约翰·摩尔 |
[34:22] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[34:24] | You’re safe now. | 你安全了 |
[34:26] | You’re safe. | 你安全了 |
[35:09] | Hey, Laszlo? | 拉兹洛 |
[35:31] | Laszlo? | 拉兹洛 |
[36:16] | Japheth. | 亚弗 |
[36:41] | I could take your eyes… | 我可以夺走你的眼睛 |
[36:47] | …but I want you to see. | 但我要你看着 |
[36:57] | Stay there. | 别动 |
[37:10] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[37:15] | I know what’s been done to you. | 我知道你遭受了什么 |
[37:17] | You don’t know anything. | 你什么都不知道 |
[37:19] | Nor does the child. | 那孩子也不知道 |
[37:22] | He had nothing to do with what your mother did to you! | 他和你母亲对你做的事没有关系 |
[37:25] | He’s as innocent as you once were. | 他和你曾经一样无辜 |
[37:29] | Killing him won’t rid you of her. | 杀死他也不会让你摆脱她 |
[37:34] | You think that’s why? | 你以为是因为这个吗 |
[37:37] | Japheth. Japheth — | 亚弗 亚弗 |
[37:41] | Where do you think you’re going? | 你以为你要去哪里 |
[37:42] | No! | 不 |
[37:52] | Well… looks like I walked in on a bloodbath… | 看来我撞上了一场杀戮 |
[37:57] | …and covered myself in glory. | 英勇地挺身而出 |
[38:03] | A terrible bloodbath it is, too. | 可怕的杀戮 |
[38:07] | All these poor people dead. | 这些可怜的人都死了 |
[38:13] | And me… | 而我 |
[38:15] | just too late to save ’em from a madman. | 来得太迟了 没能从一个疯子手里救下他们 |
[38:24] | Well, if it isn’t Miss Howard. | 这不是霍华德小姐吗 |
[38:32] | The first woman | 第一个在 |
[38:34] | to work for the New York Police Department. | 纽约警局工作的女人 |
[38:44] | ‘Tis no business for a lady, | 这可不是女人能干的活 |
[38:46] | especially one as delicate and lovely as yourself. | 特别是像你这样纤细可爱的 |
[39:27] | Japheth. | 亚弗 |
[39:29] | John. John! | 约翰 约翰 |
[39:35] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[39:39] | Joseph. | 约瑟夫 |
[39:40] | Joseph. | 约瑟夫 |
[39:44] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[40:26] | Can you hear me, Japheth? | 能听到我说话吗 亚弗 |
[40:36] | What made you kill them? | 你为什么要杀了他们 |
[40:41] | Tell me why, Japheth. | 告诉我为什么 亚弗 |
[40:44] | Why? | 为什么 |
[40:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[40:53] | Japheth. | 亚弗 |
[40:59] | Japheth. | 亚弗 |
[41:01] | Japheth. Japheth. | 亚弗 亚弗 |
[41:07] | Japheth! | 亚弗 |
[41:35] | Tell me what happened with Captain Connor. | 告诉我康纳警监怎么死的 |
[41:39] | He left me no choice. | 他让我别无选择 |
[41:43] | He would have killed us all. | 不然他就会把我们都杀了 |
[41:48] | I shot Captain Connor, sir. | 我杀了康纳警监 长官 |
[42:01] | You’ve always had the courage to do what’s needed to be done. | 你一直敢于做你该做之事 |
[42:07] | Your father would be proud of you. | 你父亲会为你而豪的 |
[42:58] | In every way, a perfectly normal and healthy brain. | 不管从哪个角度看 这都是一个正常健康的大脑 |
[43:03] | What does that prove? That he wasn’t insane? | 那证明了什么 他没有疯吗 |
[43:08] | It proves we don’t know anything. | 这说明我们什么都不知道 |
[43:12] | God works between the lines. | 上帝自有自己的安排 |
[43:16] | Just think what you achieved, | 想想你们的成就 |
[43:18] | finding a killer with no connection to his victims. | 找到了一个和被害人毫无关系可循的凶犯 |
[43:23] | I wonder how long he would have stayed hidden. | 真想知道他本来会躲多久 |
[43:29] | Somewhere inside, I believe he wanted society to know | 我总觉得他希望这个社会知道 |
[43:31] | he’s its tormented offspring, | 他受到了双亲的折磨 |
[43:35] | a living reminder of all the crimes we commit | 提醒着我们在每扇关闭的大门后 |
[43:37] | behind closed doors. | 我们所犯下的罪孽 |
[43:39] | What matters is you stopped a monster. | 重要的是你阻止了一个禽兽 |
[43:43] | We set out to find a monster, | 我们原本是想找一个禽兽 |
[43:46] | but all we found was a wounded child. | 然而却只找到了一名受伤的孩童 |
[43:53] | Forgive me, but… | 原谅我 但是… |
[43:58] | I’m exhausted. | 我很累了 |
[44:02] | I know how badly you wanted him alive. | 我知道你很想保住他的命 |
[44:06] | The Jesse Pomeroys and Japheth Durys of this world | 这世界上的杰西·帕默罗伊和亚弗·杜里 |
[44:10] | will take their secrets to the grave. | 都会将他们的秘密带入坟墓 |
[44:13] | But there will be others, I have no doubt. | 但我相信肯定还有其他这样的人 |
[44:17] | And from them, we might one day learn | 也许总有一天 我们会从他们身上 |
[44:18] | what compels a man to do evil. | 了解一个人是怎样走向邪恶 |
[44:22] | And to do good. | 和走向光明 |
[44:26] | And to do good. | 和走向光明 |
[45:06] | …and although Captain Connor was no longer | 尽管康纳警监已经 |
[45:07] | serving with the Police Department, | 不在警局供职 |
[45:11] | his adherence to the moral code he once devoted his life to | 他依然坚持坚守着他的道德准则 |
[45:16] | saw him act in a most brave and… | 让他在危急时刻… |
[45:20] | honorable manner. | 挺身而出 |
[45:22] | We can credit good police work | 警方的优秀工作 |
[45:25] | to putting an end to the horror that has | 让这四个月来笼罩在 |
[45:26] | plagued our city these past four months. | 这座城市上的恐怖阴云终于散去 |
[45:31] | It is my pleasure to present this Medal of Commendation | 今日我有幸将这块赞颂奖章 |
[45:36] | to the family Captain Connor left behind. | 授予康纳警监的家人 |
[45:49] | Ten hut! | 敬礼 |
[46:19] | Regardless of the difficulties and personal misfortunes, | 虽然我们经历了很多困难和不幸 |
[46:24] | the past four months have proved to be | 过去四个月的合作中 |
[46:26] | more than a fruitful partnership. | 我们还是收获颇丰 |
[46:29] | I daresay what we now share is… | 我可以说我们现在是… |
[46:33] | friendship. | 朋友 |
[46:35] | Then a toast to friendship. | 那么敬朋友 |
[46:39] | – Friendship. – Friendship. | -朋友 -朋友 |
[46:45] | Here’s to you, here’s to me. | 这杯敬你 也敬我 |
[46:48] | May we never disagree. | 愿我们永远不会出现分歧 |
[46:50] | But if we do, hell with you. | 但如果出现分歧 那就去你的 |
[46:54] | Here’s to me. | 这杯敬我 |
[46:57] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[47:06] | John. | 约翰 |
[47:08] | This was for Mary. | 这本来是要给玛丽的 |
[47:14] | I’ll hope you’ll find someone you can give it to. | 希望你能找到愿意给予的人 |
[47:23] | Thank you, Laszlo. | 谢谢你 拉兹洛 |
[47:48] | It’s really over now, isn’t it? | 现在是真的结束了 对吗 |
[47:51] | You sound disappointed. | 你听起来很失望 |
[47:54] | I’ve never had an experience like this, | 我从来没有过这种经历 |
[47:56] | and I wonder how many more I’ll be allowed. | 不知道我还能有几次 |
[47:59] | Somehow, I get the feeling | 不知为什么 我感觉 |
[48:01] | you’re done with people allowing you to do things. | 你不会再理那些管束你的人了 |
[48:09] | I meant what I said before. | 我之前说的话是认真的 |
[48:11] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你不是 |
[48:14] | You’re in love with what you don’t have. | 你爱你没有的东西 |
[48:18] | You’re in love with your dreams. | 你爱你的梦 |
[48:20] | Aren’t you? | 你不是吗 |
[48:22] | Yes. I suppose I am. | 我想是吧 |
[48:26] | Very well, then. | 那好吧 |
[48:29] | I shall wait very patiently | 那我应该耐心地 |
[48:31] | until you become Chief of Detectives. | 等你成为探长 |
[48:34] | In the meantime, let me accompany you to a carriage. | 现在让我陪你叫车吧 |
[48:36] | I’m perfectly safe, thank you. | 我很安全的 谢谢你 |
[48:39] | Cab! | 马车 |
[48:42] | Come on now. | 来了 |
[48:52] | He won’t wait all night. | 他等不了一整晚 |
[48:55] | The 20th century is almost upon us, | 20世纪快要结束了 |
[48:57] | and with it, a bright new future with bright new ideas. | 涌现出无数新奇的主意和崭新的未来 |
[49:01] | Why, women might even get the right to vote. | 当然了 女人都有权力投票了 |
[49:05] | Washington Square, please. | 华盛顿广场 谢谢 |
[49:10] | John Moore, you just took my cab! | 约翰·摩尔 你抢了我的马车 |
[50:10] | – He’s there. – Thank you. | -他在那里 -谢谢 |
[50:54] | I’ve always blamed my failings as an adult | 我总是以成年人的态度看待我的失败 |
[50:57] | and what you did to me as a child. | 以孩童的态度看待你对我所做的事 |
[51:02] | Those failings… were my own. | 那是我的…失败 |
[51:09] | I remember something you once said to me. | 我记得你以前和我说过 |
[51:13] | “Nature never allows a man to be more than he is. Only less.” | “自然不会让人超越自己的极限 只会更差” |
[51:19] | For years, I believed those words reflected | 这么多年 我一直认为这些话说明 |
[51:22] | your own bitterness and failure. | 你自身的痛苦和失败 |
[51:25] | But now I understand there were for my benefit. | 但我现在明白那都是为我好 |
[51:31] | You were simply preparing me for what you knew would be | 你只是想让我准备好接受你所知的 |
[51:34] | a life of disappointment and pain. | 痛苦与失望的人生 |
[51:42] | But you were wrong. | 但你错了 |
[51:46] | I know that now. | 我现在知道了 |
[51:50] | I still believe we can be better than nature intended, | 我还是认为我们可以做得比自然认定的更好 |
[51:55] | even if you can’t. | 就算你不行 |
[52:05] | You did the best you could. | 你尽力了 |
[52:20] | Goodbye, Papi. | 再见 爸爸 |