时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m Dr. Jason Bull. I’m not a lawyer. | 我是杰森·布尔博士 我不是律师 |
[00:04] | I’m an expert in what’s called trial science. | 我是人们口中的庭审科学专家 |
[00:07] | I study a jury’s behavioral patterns. | 专门研究陪审团的行为模式 |
[00:11] | I know what they’re thinking before they do. | 预测他们的想法 |
[00:15] | Everything my team learns gets plugged into a matrix, | 我的团队搜集各种资料 输入到程序中 |
[00:18] | which allows us to assemble a mirror jury | 并组建起一个模拟陪审团 |
[00:21] | that is scary in its predictive efficiency. | 其预测率准得惊人 |
[00:26] | The verdict you get depends on me. | 判决结果掌握在我的手里 |
[00:29] | And that’s no bull. | 这可不是吹牛 |
[00:36] | Vitals are crashing. We’re losing her. | 生命迹象不断下降 她快要停止呼吸了 |
[00:38] | Where’s that O-Neg?! | O Rh阴性血呢 |
[00:39] | Another bag? Pressure’s not coming up. | 还要来一包吗 血压并没有上升 |
[00:41] | Second bag coming up. | 第二包马上就来 |
[00:42] | Femoral artery is lacerated. | 股动脉破裂 |
[00:44] | She’s a hemophiliac. | 她患有血友病 |
[00:45] | She’ll bleed out before it gets here. | 血袋送来前 她就会失血过多身亡 |
[00:47] | Plasma. Factor VIII and Factor IX. | 需要血浆 凝血因子八和九 |
[00:48] | It won’t work. Kyra’s anti-bodies | 没用的 凯拉的抗体 |
[00:49] | reject standard clotting factors. | 排斥正常的凝血因子 |
[00:50] | She’s my sister. I can help. | 她是我妹妹 我能帮上忙 |
[00:51] | You have to use this. | 你必须用这个 |
[00:53] | You can’t be back here. | 你不能待在这 |
[00:54] | Security! | 保安 |
[00:56] | Get her out of here. | 把她带出去 |
[00:58] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[01:00] | What did you give her? | 你给她注射了什么 |
[01:01] | She’s stabilizing. | 她的生命迹象平稳了 |
[01:02] | That’s impossible. | 这不可能 |
[01:03] | EP’s dropping. | 颅内压正在降低 |
[01:05] | 10 140 Ten, 140. | |
[01:07] | She’s such a klutz. | 她真是个笨蛋 |
[01:09] | – 130. – What are you waiting for? | – 130 – 你还愣着干嘛 |
[01:11] | Stitch up my sister. | 快给我妹妹做缝合 |
[01:15] | Tray’s ready, Doctor. | 器材准备完毕 医生 |
[01:17] | The Angel of New York Sacred Heart. | 纽约圣心会的天使 |
[01:19] | Now, that’s how some people are describing Kerry Ketchum. | 如今人们都这样称呼克里·凯彻姆 |
[01:22] | Only 25 years old, | 年仅二十五 |
[01:23] | 网友推文 她会像圣女贞德一样被判处火刑吗 克里·凯彻姆是个真英雄 克里·凯彻姆是我的榜样 我也想有个这样的姐姐 我天生患有血友病 我很乐意试试她发明的药 为救人一命闯入医院 真的能算非法侵入吗 | |
[01:24] | with advanced degrees in chemistry and molecular biology, | 在化学与分子生物学上造诣颇深 |
[01:27] | but no formal medical training, | 从未接受过正规医疗培训 |
[01:29] | she saved her sister’s life | 但她却用自己在私人实验室中研发的药 |
[01:31] | with a drug she developed in her own small lab. | 挽救了亲生妹妹的性命 |
[01:43] | How deep down the rabbit hole are you? | 兔子洞挖的怎么样了 |
[01:45] | Oh, I’m the Mad Hatter, Danny. | 我就是疯狂的帽子屋 丹尼 |
[01:47] | I’m in Wonderland. | 我在梦幻世界之中 |
[01:48] | She’s the perfect client. | 她很适合做我们的客户 |
[01:50] | The hospital won’t press charges. | 医院不会提起诉讼 |
[01:51] | Too many people worshipping at the altar | 太多人支持 |
[01:53] | of the Angel of Sacred Heart. | 圣心会的天使了 |
[01:54] | Who would besmirch an angel? | 谁敢玷污天使的美名呢 |
[01:56] | It’s blasphemy. | 这可是对上帝的亵渎 |
[01:57] | The hospital wants her hemophilia B cure. | 医院想要她研发的治疗B型血友病的药物 |
[01:59] | A lot of hospitals do… all over the country. | 全国的很多医院都对此趋之若鹜 |
[02:01] | And get this, she offered to give it to them. | 听好了 她同意把药物给他们 |
[02:03] | What do you mean give it to them? | 什么叫把药物给他们 |
[02:05] | She means give for free. | 她想免费将药物提供给医院 |
[02:06] | – For no money? – Must be some money. | – 免费 – 总得收点钱吧 |
[02:08] | Well, cost, but that’s basically free, and because | 研究经费 但那基本没花钱 |
[02:12] | she’s attempting to distribute nationwide, | 因为她想在全国范围内推广此药 |
[02:13] | this guy Windemere is suing her. | 一个叫温德梅尔的人将她告上了法庭 |
[02:15] | Errol Windemere, CEO of WindGen Pharmaceuticals says | 埃罗尔·温德梅尔是温德根制药的首席执行官 |
[02:19] | he holds the patent to Kerry’s drug. | 他说克里研发的药物的专利权在他手上 |
[02:22] | He’s filing, saying she’s infringing. | 现在正以侵犯专利权起诉她 |
[02:23] | And this is the part Bull’s gonna love. | 布尔肯定会很享受这部分 |
[02:25] | You’re this excited about a patent case? Why? | 你对专利案如此感兴趣 为什么 |
[02:28] | Even though Kerry Ketchum lives in New York, | 虽然克里·凯彻姆在纽约生活 |
[02:31] | because she’s offering the drug all over, | 因为她提出要在全国范围内推广此药 |
[02:33] | including Texas, | 其中包括德克萨斯州 |
[02:34] | that just opened her up to the jurisdiction of Callisto. | 而她将受到卡利斯托管辖权的约束 |
[02:40] | Who’s Callisto? | 谁是卡利斯托 |
[02:42] | Callisto isn’t a who. | 卡利斯托不是人名 |
[02:44] | Callisto is a where. | 而是个地名 |
[02:47] | Geographically situated in West Texas. | 位于德克萨斯州西部 |
[02:50] | Population 25,000. | 总人口两万五千人 |
[02:53] | But in the legal world, it’s located | 但在司法界 此地 |
[02:55] | somewhere between the sixth and seventh circles of hell. | 位于地狱的第六层和第七层之间 |
[02:57] | I take it | 你似乎 |
[02:58] | you’ve been there before? | 去过那里 |
[03:00] | Oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[03:01] | Once. | 去过一次 |
[03:03] | Don’t let its quaint appearance fool you. | 别被美好的表象所迷惑 |
[03:06] | Callisto is a litigation speed trap. | 卡利斯托司法诉讼的公正性经常亮起红灯 |
[03:10] | They’ve made a cottage industry out of patent cases. | 是专利案的一个小分支 |
[03:12] | – How? – Well, the jury always sides | – 怎么会 – 陪审团总会 |
[03:14] | with the plaintiffs, | 站在原告那边 |
[03:17] | and they hand out the biggest cash verdicts in all the country. | 然后给出全国最高经济赔偿 |
[03:20] | These plaintiffs, they hire the local law firm. | 原告们雇佣当地律所 |
[03:22] | And the juries well, they know, | 而陪审团往往熟知 |
[03:24] | and they like these local lawyers. | 且偏爱本地律师 |
[03:25] | And so, if they represent the plaintiffs, | 所以 如果他们代表原告 |
[03:27] | the plaintiffs must be right. | 原告的主张肯定是对的 |
[03:29] | That sounds wildly unfair. | 那听起来太不公平了 |
[03:31] | It’s called the Halo Effect. | 这就是所谓的光环效应 |
[03:34] | Juries apply their love of local lawyers to | 陪审团对当地律师所代表的那方 |
[03:37] | whoever they represent. | 爱屋及乌 |
[03:39] | So how did you beat them the last time? | 你上次是怎么打赢他们的 |
[03:44] | I didn’t. | 我没赢 |
[03:46] | But… but I thought you’ve never lost. | 但… 我以为你是常胜将军 |
[03:50] | Doesn’t mean I’ve always won. | 这并不代表我无往不胜 |
[03:51] | Callisto. | 卡利斯托 |
[03:56] | I don’t even have a lawyer yet. | 我还没请律师呢 |
[03:57] | I can’t go to trail. | 我不能上庭 |
[03:59] | In Texas? | 去德克萨斯州 |
[04:01] | This is totally unfair. | 这太不公平了 |
[04:02] | Oh, Kerry, it’s way worse than that. | 克里 实际情况比这还糟 |
[04:05] | Windemere has all the leverage of a crooked system, | 温德梅尔善于操控这不公的系统 |
[04:08] | and he’s using it against you. | 并想以此打败你 |
[04:09] | Can you tell us about your drug? | 能向我们介绍一下你研发的药物吗 |
[04:11] | The challenge of hemophilia B | 想要根治B型血友病 |
[04:12] | is not just synthesizing a clotting factor. | 不仅需要促进凝血因子的合成 |
[04:15] | It’s delivering that factor in a way the body won’t reject. | 还必须确保它不被身体排斥 |
[04:17] | My sister’s disease | 我妹妹的病发病率很低 |
[04:19] | affects fewer than one in 50,000 people. | 每五万人中才可能出现一个患者 |
[04:21] | There are some treatments, but it’s not a big enough market | 虽然有药可医 但那药物没什么市场 |
[04:24] | for large pharmaceutical companies | 大型医药公司不愿意 |
[04:25] | to invest in developing a cure. | 往那上面砸钱 进行科研 |
[04:27] | They’d call what I make an “Orphan drug.” | 他们管我研发的药叫”孤儿药” |
[04:29] | So you’ve done this out of love. | 你是为了妹妹才研发这药的 |
[04:31] | Devoted my entire life to a cure. | 我付出一生的心血研发此药 |
[04:32] | But WindGen Pharmaceuticals claims | 温德根制药却声称 |
[04:34] | that their patented hemophilia B treatment | 他们拥有治疗B型血友病的药物的专利 |
[04:36] | covers your invention. | 其中包括了你的发明 |
[04:37] | They haven’t advanced that drug in 17 years. | 他们对这类药物的研究已经搁置了十七年了 |
[04:39] | It has to be used once a week to have any effect. | 只有每周都服用此药 才能证明疗效 |
[04:42] | Mine lasts a year and doesn’t wear off. | 我的实验持续了一年 药效都没减退 |
[04:44] | Thousands of people could live better lives. | 多少名患者的生活能回到正轨 |
[04:46] | That sound different enough to you? | 不同点足够明显了吧 |
[04:48] | But the question is how it sounds to a jury. | 但问题是陪审团能否理解 |
[04:50] | The technicalities of patent law are very complex. | 专利案的法律条款非常复杂 |
[04:52] | I’m sorry, I don’t see technicalities. | 抱歉 但我不明白这和条款有何联系 |
[04:54] | I see my sister slip | 我只看到 |
[04:55] | cutting a bagel, and spending a month | 我的妹妹在切贝果面包时不慎滑倒 然后 |
[04:57] | – in the ICU. – And in this case, | – 在重症监护室住了一个月 – 但是 |
[04:59] | Windemere himself is showing up to testify. | 温德梅尔愿意出庭作证 |
[05:02] | He’s on the witness list. | 他的名字在证人名单上 |
[05:04] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:06] | Maybe ’cause he’s a heartless, money-grubbing old douche. | 也许因为他是个毫无人性 嗜钱如命的混蛋 |
[05:09] | Works for me. | 听起来不错 |
[05:11] | So I take it we’re going. | 我们要去卡利斯托了 对吧 |
[05:13] | Yeah, Bull, I’ve only got a foggy picture | 布尔 我还是不知道 |
[05:16] | of what happened to you in Callisto the first time round, | 你第一次去卡利斯托遇到了什么事 |
[05:18] | but I have heard you | 但当在你描述 |
[05:20] | say the words “Deep personal downward spiral” | 那经历给你带来的影响时 |
[05:22] | in referencing its aftermath. | 你用了”人生低谷”这个词 |
[05:24] | Lot of good can come from a deep personal downward spiral. | 陷入人生低谷并非是件坏事 |
[05:27] | From the bottom of a hole, it’s easy to see the light. | 在黑暗之中 你更容易发现光明 |
[05:32] | Good to go. | 准备就绪 |
[05:34] | Bull, I… I can’t get ahold of Danny. | 布尔 我联系不上丹尼 |
[05:36] | Oh, yeah, she’s on special assignment. | 她在进行一项特殊任务 |
[05:39] | – Care to elaborate? – Um, not now. | – 能详细说说吗 – 目前不行 |
[05:42] | Can I have everyone’s attention? | 请大家注意一下 |
[05:44] | I have a request of each and every one of you. | 我需要你们的帮助 |
[05:47] | I want you to imagine | 请大家在脑海中 |
[05:48] | we are an invading hostile force. | 把自己想象成邪恶的入侵者 |
[05:50] | Because that is how the devil’s armpit | 因为德克萨斯人 |
[05:53] | that we are traveling to is gonna see us. | 肯定会如此认为 |
[05:55] | And I may not be able to share every tiny detail | 我暂时无法将计划的细枝末节 |
[05:58] | of strategy with you in the moment. | 告诉你们 |
[06:01] | Trust that, I am your general, | 请相信 我是你们的领袖 |
[06:05] | and I am in full command. | 一切听我指挥 |
[06:09] | Bull, you may be making too big a deal of this. | 布尔 你也许把这事看得太重了 |
[06:12] | I’m not, and that’s a perfect example | 我并没有 而且你这么说 |
[06:14] | of the opposite of what I just said. | 刚好跟我提的要求完全相反 |
[06:16] | We got this, Bull. | 交给我们吧 布尔 |
[06:18] | – Carry-on only, Chunk. – Okay. | – 只带手提行李 特朗科 – 好 |
[06:20] | See, now you’re just talking crazy. | 瞧 你完全在胡说八道 |
[06:22] | Just get what you need when you’re down there. | 等到那后 再买需要的东西吧 |
[06:23] | How…? | 怎么 |
[06:25] | – What’s up? – Cable, | – 出什么事了 – 凯博 |
[06:28] | you’re staying here. | 你留在这 |
[06:29] | Could have just punched me in the face. | 你还不如直接打我一拳 |
[06:33] | It’s nothing personal, but I need you on the outside. | 我并非不看重你 但我更需要你留在这 |
[06:41] | All right, so, every attempt at doing | 好了 下飞机的那一瞬 |
[06:44] | what we do will be undermined from the second | 我们之前的努力就白费了 |
[06:46] | we step off that plane, we’re gonna be sabotaged. | 我们肯定会遇上麻烦 |
[06:49] | But… | 不过 |
[06:50] | we are on the side of the better angel. | 正义天使庇佑我们 |
[06:53] | It’s gonna be fun. | 有意思 |
[06:57] | Nah. He’s not losing it. | 算了 我看他不会输 |
[07:17] | They gave away our conference area. | 我们的会议室没了 |
[07:19] | How are we supposed to have mock trials? | 那我们怎么模拟庭审 |
[07:21] | – We don’t have a workspace. – Or rooms. | – 我们没有工作室 – 连几间房都没 |
[07:24] | The concierge apologized for losing our reservations. | 酒店的礼宾部说”抱歉遗漏了您的预约” |
[07:27] | If I wasn’t carrying bags, I’d throw up air quotes. | 我要不是拿着行李 早就比手势了 |
[07:29] | At least you have your bags. | 你至少还有行李 |
[07:31] | The airport porter said he couldn’t find mine. | 机场的行李员说他找不到我的行李 |
[07:36] | I’ll never question you again. | 我再也不问了 |
[07:39] | See the park bench? | 看见这张公园椅没 |
[07:42] | Banners all around town? | 看到镇上这些横幅没 |
[07:44] | Those same names are on the local | 当地高中的橄榄球场里 |
[07:46] | high school football stadium. | 都是这些人的名字 |
[07:48] | All generous donations courtesy of | 都在感谢本德·琳赛 |
[07:50] | Bender, Lindsay & Partners. | 及其合伙人的馈赠 |
[07:53] | Who are they? | 他们是谁 |
[07:53] | Counsel for the plaintiff, the local firm. | 原告的代理律师 来自一家本地律所 |
[07:56] | But don’t worry. | 不过别担心 |
[07:57] | We also have local counsel. | 我们也有当地的律师 |
[07:59] | It’s part of our strategy to undercut their advantage. | 这是我们的计策之一 能挫挫他们的锐气 |
[08:01] | – Someone from another firm? – Not quite. | – 是其他律所的人吗 – 不算是 |
[08:03] | And don’t worry about where we’re gonna prep. | 也别担心我们在哪做准备工作 |
[08:04] | I’ve made arrangements. | 我早有安排 |
[08:06] | Callisto’s not gonna catch me with my pants down again. | 我不会再在卡利斯托出丑了 |
[08:13] | Right on time. | 时间刚刚好 |
[08:14] | Jb? | 杰布 |
[08:16] | How about it? Hey, welcome back, man. | 还好吗 欢迎回来 |
[08:18] | – Merle the Pearl. – Right. | – 才高八斗的默尔 – 好吧 |
[08:20] | – Good to see you. – Yeah. | – 好久不见 – 别来无恙 |
[08:21] | All right. Merle, this is my team. | 对了 默尔 这是我的团队成员 |
[08:23] | Team, this is Merle Deavers. | 各位 这位是默尔·迪弗斯 |
[08:25] | Local baseball star, prom king, war vet, | 这里的棒球之星 舞王 老军医 |
[08:29] | and handyman. | 还是个巧匠 |
[08:30] | Yeah, well, I’m a jack of some trades. But come on, y’all. | 我只是个三脚猫 来 大家上车吧 |
[08:33] | Everybody pile in. Here, let me take that for you. | 大家挤挤吧 我帮你拿 |
[08:35] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:37] | – All right. – Here. | – 好的 – 这边 |
[08:42] | Well, it’s nice to meet y’all. | 很开心能见到大家 |
[08:43] | You know, last time JB came through solo. | 上次杰布单枪匹马过来 |
[08:45] | Not a phone call, not a letter? | 也不打电话或捎个信说一声啊 |
[08:48] | You could have let us know | 你该通知我们一声 |
[08:49] | you were back in town, Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士回镇了 |
[08:51] | Oh, you knew we were coming, Diana. | 戴安娜 你早就知道我们要来了吧 |
[08:52] | Hey there, Merle. | 嘿 默尔 |
[08:53] | You taking good care of these out-of-towners? | 你接待这些镇外人啊 |
[08:54] | – Yeah, sure thing, Ms. Lindsay. – All right. | – 那是当然 琳赛小姐 – 好吧 |
[08:56] | Now I didn’t think I’d see your face again, Bull. | 我还以为不会再见到你呢 布尔 |
[08:59] | You made a good decision, | 这个决定不错 |
[09:00] | getting rid of the old soup strainer. | 不留显老的长胡子了 |
[09:02] | I always did | 我一直觉得 |
[09:03] | find those whiskers ticklish. | 络腮胡怪痒的 |
[09:05] | Bull had a mustache? | 布尔留过胡子吗 |
[09:07] | All right, y’all. | 好了 先走了 |
[09:10] | Diana Lindsay, | 戴安娜·琳赛 |
[09:13] | senior partner at Bender, Lindsay | 是本德·琳赛律所的资深合伙人 |
[09:15] | She’s prosecuting Kerry’s case. | 她负责克里的案子 |
[09:17] | Just on a reconnaissance mission. | 只是在侦查敌情 |
[09:19] | Wants to see who she’s up against. | 想看看自己对上谁了 |
[09:23] | So… Callisto is a kind of a who. | 那… 卡利斯托算得上是个人名了吧 |
[09:35] | This is where we’re staying? | 这就是我们住的地方吗 |
[09:38] | Lot of hay, no livestock. | 没有鸡鸭 干草倒是不少 |
[09:42] | There definitely has been at some point, though. | 不过某个角落肯定有 |
[09:44] | Yeah, picked up your, uh, crates yesterday night. | 昨晚把你们的箱子拉过来了 |
[09:46] | Came to my name like you said. | 如你所说写的都是我的名字 |
[09:47] | Nobody messed with ’em and I made a list | 没人弄错 我还写了张朋友名单 |
[09:49] | Of my friends and relations for your mock juror pool. | 都列出关系的 可以用作模拟陪审团 |
[09:52] | Folks who won’t go blabbing what you ask ’em about. | 他们不会泄露你们的提问 |
[09:53] | We’ll need to determine how well | 我们需要评定 |
[09:55] | Kerry’s narrative cuts through the Halo Effect. | 在光环效应下克里的发言如何 |
[09:58] | See if the jury will like her more than Diana. | 看看陪审团是倾向她还是更倾向戴安娜 |
[10:00] | – Sweep it first. – Excuse me? | – 先彻查一遍吧 – 什么 |
[10:03] | – For bugs. – Bugs? | – 看看有没有窃听器 – 窃听器 |
[10:05] | You mean electronic surveillance devices? | 你是指电子监控吗 |
[10:06] | I do, indeed. | 没错 |
[10:08] | But that’s not legal. | 那是违法的吧 |
[10:09] | Now you’re catching on. | 你总算开窍了 |
[10:10] | Kerry, with me. | 克里 跟我来 |
[10:14] | Hi. Huge fan of your work. | 嗨 我很欣赏你的成果 |
[10:16] | And your lack of respect for authority. | 还有你对权威的藐视 |
[10:18] | Uh, hi. | 嗨 |
[10:19] | So I’ve been tasked with finding the connection | 我负责找关于 |
[10:21] | between Windemere and you. | 你和温德梅尔间的联系 |
[10:22] | And I got my hands on his research study | 我从他1999年的调研起手 |
[10:24] | from 1999 that led to the patent. | 该研究成了专利 |
[10:26] | The participants’ names | 该实验的参与者 |
[10:27] | as well as some of the details from the experiments | 以及相关的详细信息 |
[10:29] | were confidential, but Windemere himself | 均属机密 除了主要研究人 |
[10:32] | was the lead researcher. | 温德梅尔 |
[10:33] | And this might explain why he’s coming to testify. | 这也许是他出来作证的原因 |
[10:35] | Windemere is taking the position | 温德梅尔想取代这个位置 |
[10:37] | that he invented your drug. | 想证明这药是他研发的 |
[10:38] | No, he didn’t invent my drug. They’re not the same. | 不 他没有研发我的药 这两件事本质不同 |
[10:40] | No, I know, but he’s going to say that he did. | 不 我知道 他会说出药是他研发这种话的 |
[10:43] | Thank you, Cable. | 谢谢 凯博 |
[10:44] | I’ll take it from here. | 接下来交给我吧 |
[10:46] | She’s very enthusiastic. | 她太狂热 |
[10:52] | Kerry, your cure is composed of distinct elements | 克里 你药里边的几种成分 |
[10:56] | of Windemere’s patented. | 温德梅尔已获专利 |
[10:57] | But I beat his science. | 但我的科学理念在他之上 |
[10:59] | Luckily, this isn’t about science. | 幸亏和科学无关 |
[11:00] | It’s about people. | 重要的是人心 |
[11:02] | And the people on this jury are not gonna understand | 陪审团里的人根本就不明白 |
[11:05] | any of this. | 什么科不科学 |
[11:08] | So we need to stick to the plan. | 我们要做的就是按计划行动 |
[11:09] | And that is? | 什么计划 |
[11:11] | The good people of Callisto on the jury… | 卡利斯托陪审团的好人… |
[11:14] | love the other side. | 一边倒 |
[11:16] | We just have to make them love us more. | 而我们得拉他们的票 |
[11:19] | Create our own halo. | 给自己戴上光环 |
[11:21] | We can conflict out anyone who’s already served | 我们能冲掉温德梅尔 |
[11:23] | on Windemere’s jury. | 已有的陪审员 |
[11:24] | That only leaves about 180… eligible jurors. | 仅剩180名合格的陪审员 |
[11:28] | Danny? | 丹尼 |
[11:29] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[11:30] | This is Danny’s special assignment. | 这是丹尼的特殊任务 |
[11:32] | I’m Courtney Jean, | 我是考特尼·琼 |
[11:33] | – your waitress. – You new to town? | – 你们的服务员 – 你是新来的吗 |
[11:35] | Oh, I just started. | 我才刚开始 |
[11:36] | Still getting to know the regulars. | 还在起步阶段 |
[11:38] | Never seen you before. | 之前都没见过你们 |
[11:39] | Are you all here for the Windemere case? I have heard | 你们是因温德梅尔的案子而远道而来的吗 |
[11:41] | so much about it. Everyone’s so excited | 这案子的消息我听得不少 大家都很期待 |
[11:43] | to meet the man. | 见见真人呢 |
[11:44] | Well, okay, | 好的 |
[11:46] | I’ll be right back to take your orders. | 我等下过来拿点单 |
[11:53] | Uh, what are those? | 那是什么 |
[11:54] | Dossiers on our potential jurors. | 我方候选陪审员的资料 |
[11:57] | Oh, she’s not a waitress, is she? | 她不是服务员吧 |
[11:59] | She’s with us. Former FBI. | 她是我们的人 在联邦调查局待过 |
[12:01] | I kind of hope she keeps that accent. | 我有点希望她说话带口音 |
[12:03] | These juror backgrounds | 这些陪审员资料 |
[12:04] | are very useful, but… | 很实用 不过… |
[12:06] | this voir dire’s gonna be different. | 这次预先审查有所不同 |
[12:07] | These jurors are gonna trust one lawyer | 这些陪审员 |
[12:11] | more than the other. | 会一边倒 |
[12:13] | Ours or theirs. | 是我方呢还是敌方 |
[12:15] | And when do we meet our attorney? | 我们什么时候见律师 |
[12:16] | We already have. | 已经见过了 |
[12:18] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[12:19] | The judge wrapped his other case early. | 法官提早审完其它案子 |
[12:21] | He wants us to do our voir dire right now. | 让我们现在开始做预先审查 |
[12:23] | All right. | 好的 |
[12:23] | Now, everyone knows everyone in this courthouse, | 庭上的人都认识了 |
[12:26] | so… it’s gonna be weird. | 有点怪怪的 |
[12:28] | Chunk, I’m gonna need your Southern charm. | 特朗科 我要感受你南方的激情和魅力 |
[12:29] | Never leave home without it. | 我一直富有激情和魅力 |
[12:31] | Don’t forget to tip your waitress. | 别忘了给我小费哦 |
[12:33] | You sure about this? | 你是认真的吗 |
[12:35] | Merle’s our attorney? | 默尔是我们的律师 |
[12:37] | We need a bigger halo. | 我们的光环愈大愈好 |
[12:40] | Here comes Mr. Popularity himself. | 便有了他这位风云人物 |
[12:42] | Uh, well, I was the runner-up. | 其实我是亚军 |
[12:44] | But, uh, Carl Crenshaw moved to Dallas. | 可惜卡尔·克伦肖去了达拉斯 |
[12:46] | People around here don’t like it much when you leave. | 镇里的人不喜欢有人背井离乡 |
[12:47] | I never realized that you practiced law. | 我真没看出你从事过法律行业 |
[12:49] | Well, mostly estate planning, property law. | 主要还是遗嘱和物权法 |
[12:51] | I did have a sticky probate a few years back. | 几年前负责过遗嘱检验 还挺棘手的 |
[12:54] | You ever tried a case in front of a jury? | 你接过有陪审团的案子吗 |
[12:56] | Nope. | 没有 |
[12:59] | Everybody loves Merle. | 这里人人都爱默尔 |
[13:01] | Which is why we need him. | 所以我们需要他 |
[13:03] | Okay, game faces, everyone. | 好了 各位 准备开战了 |
[13:06] | It’s not too late to back out. | 现在反悔还来得及 |
[13:11] | I hate lawyers. | 我讨厌律师 |
[13:13] | All rise. | 起立 |
[13:14] | Anyone having matters in the court | 在德州卡利斯托庭审期间 |
[13:16] | – of Callisto, Texas… – Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Louis, | – 如有… – 好了 好了 路易斯 |
[13:18] | save it. Twitter gal said there may be a storm rolling in. | 别说了 推特上有个女孩说暴风雨要来了 |
[13:21] | Let’s go. | 开始吧 |
[13:22] | Judge Albert Darling presiding. | 首席法官是艾尔伯特·达林 |
[13:25] | Ms. Lindsay, | 琳赛小姐 |
[13:27] | – let’s get started. – Well, Your Honor, | – 我们开始吧 – 法官大人 |
[13:28] | I’d first like to acknowledge defense counsel | 我想先认识一下辩方律师 |
[13:30] | Merle Deavers. | 默尔·迪弗斯 |
[13:31] | Never seen him in court before. | 我从未在法庭上见过他 |
[13:33] | It is like seeing a dog drive a tractor. | 就像看到了狗在开拖拉机 |
[13:36] | Uh, uh, well, uh, thanks. Uh… | 呃 谢谢 呃… |
[13:39] | and you know, for what it’s worth, | 不管怎么说 |
[13:40] | I had a Labrador | 我确实有条 |
[13:42] | that could steer a motorcycle. | 会骑摩托车的拉布拉多 |
[13:43] | Now, he had a terrible sense of direction, but, uh, | 虽然现在它方向感很差 但是 |
[13:47] | the ride was always fun. | 骑车本身就很有趣 |
[13:50] | All right. Let’s get this done. | 好了 我们尽快把这事搞定吧 |
[13:53] | How’s your hot water heater working, Mary? | 你的热水器怎么样了 玛丽 |
[13:55] | Fine, Merle. | 不错 默尔 |
[13:56] | That thermocoupler you replaced | 你换的那个热电偶 |
[13:58] | is holding up well. | 一直好着呢 |
[13:59] | Good, good. | 好 好 |
[14:01] | Acceptable to defense. | 通过辩方审查 |
[14:03] | Ethan, remind me… | 伊桑 告诉我… |
[14:05] | You served on two juries last year? | 你去年参加了两次庭审对吗 |
[14:06] | Uh, yes, ma’am. Found for the plaintiffs both times. | 呃 对 女士 两次都支持原告 |
[14:12] | Hey, did that calico get out again? | 嘿 那只花斑猫还往外跑吗 |
[14:15] | No, no, no, she’s warming up to the kids. | 不不不 她和孩子们相处的很好 |
[14:17] | And they love her. | 他们也很喜欢她 |
[14:18] | Thank you for finding her, Merle. | 谢谢你找到了她 默尔 |
[14:22] | Oh, shoot. | 哦 糟糕 |
[14:23] | Tornado warning. | 龙卷风警报 |
[14:25] | You got to be kidding me. | 开玩笑呢吧 |
[14:26] | All right, everybody, | 好了 各位 |
[14:28] | we got to get downstairs. | 我们得去下面了 |
[14:29] | Who’s left that thinks they can be impartial? | 还有谁认为自己是公正无私的 |
[14:31] | All right, uh, Debbie, | 好 呃 黛比 |
[14:33] | Len, uh, Kelly-Anne, | 莱恩 呃 凯利·安妮 |
[14:35] | Doug… you’re all in. I promise | 道格… 你们都进陪审团 我保证 |
[14:37] | we’ll get this wrapped up by the weekend, Jerry, | 我们会在这周内结案 杰瑞 |
[14:40] | so you won’t have to cancel that fishing trip. You’re in, too. | 这样你就来得及去钓鱼了 也算上你 |
[14:43] | That’s our jury. Let’s move. | 陪审团选好了 走吧 |
[14:45] | Everybody down in the shelter. | 所有人去避难所 |
[14:48] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[14:51] | Hey, Bulldog. | 嗨 斗牛犬 |
[14:52] | You played defensive back at Georgia, right? | 你在佐治亚州踢过后卫 对吗 |
[14:55] | Yeah. Hey, nice memory. | 对 不错的回忆 |
[14:58] | A&M. Special teams. | A&M 特别球队 |
[15:00] | Man, I drilled you once. | 我跟你打过一次练习 |
[15:03] | How could I forget? | 我怎么会忘呢 |
[15:05] | – What’s up, man? – Good to see you. | – 最近怎么样 – 真高兴见到你 |
[15:07] | Happens all the time. | 这里总是这样 |
[15:08] | Rarely gets above a category two. | 每次都一样 |
[15:09] | – I’m sure it’ll blow over. – Mm. | – 我肯定这会过去的 – 嗯 |
[15:13] | You know, | 你知道嘛 |
[15:15] | while we’re here we could talk about settlement if you want. | 如果你想的话 在这我们可以聊聊解决办法 |
[15:20] | Doesn’t seem an appropriate conversation to have | 在陪审团面前说这个 |
[15:22] | in front of the entire jury. | 不太好吧 |
[15:24] | Oh, but you do want to have it? | 但是你确实想聊这个 |
[15:26] | If you would like to discuss | 如果你想聊聊 |
[15:28] | your absentee client’s position, | 你那位缺席客户的处境 |
[15:30] | I’d be happy to. | 我倒是很乐意 |
[15:32] | Drinks later? | 一起喝一杯 |
[15:36] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[15:47] | Cute. | 有趣 |
[15:49] | Of course I remember. | 我当然记得 |
[15:51] | The dispute was over the rights | 当时那个案子是有关一个 |
[15:53] | – to a piece of farming equipment. – Right. | – 农业设备的所有权 – 对啊 |
[15:55] | It was a money job for you. You weren’t emotionally invested. | 对你来说那就是个赚钱的活 你没投入过感情 |
[15:59] | Till you lost. | 直到你输了 |
[16:01] | I did not win. | 只是没有赢 |
[16:03] | Watch out, Dr. Bull, if you come back here | 小心点 布尔教授 如果你回来只是 |
[16:05] | to settle some imaginary score. | 为了得点你幻想的分数 |
[16:07] | The client needs me. | 客户需要我 |
[16:09] | So I’m here. | 所以我来了 |
[16:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:12] | Is that what it takes to get you to come back here… | 让你回来原来这么简单…一个需要帮助的 |
[16:15] | A woman in need? | 女人 |
[16:16] | Is there some kind of gravitational force | 是不是有什么引力 |
[16:20] | that prevents you from leaving Callisto? | 让你留在卡利斯托 |
[16:24] | Now, you’re thinking about spreading a rumor | 现在你又想着散布 |
[16:25] | that I’m gonna pull up stakes and abandon my people. | 我要收摊搬家 抛弃我的市民的谣言了 |
[16:29] | Now, maybe they turn against me? | 这样他们就会反对我了 |
[16:33] | I’m onto your strategy, darlin’. | 我了解你的策略 亲爱的 |
[16:35] | My town, my people… | 我的城镇 我的民众… |
[16:37] | my jury. | 我的陪审团 |
[16:39] | Now, you better hope your little Angel of Sacred Heart | 你还是期望你的小圣心会天使 |
[16:42] | doesn’t have a broken wing. | 不要断了翅膀吧 |
[16:49] | What? | 什么 |
[16:51] | No, I’m gonna ride the bull. | 不是 我是要骑公牛 |
[16:52] | Cable from Cable. | 凯博发来重要消息 |
[16:54] | She tracked down the participants | 她追查了温德梅尔研究计划的 |
[16:55] | in Windemere’s research study. | 参与者 |
[16:56] | Took place from ’98 to ’99 | 在哈德森大学 |
[16:58] | at Hudson University. | 人数从九十八到九十九 |
[17:01] | Kyra, Kerry’s little sister, was part of the study. | 克里的妹妹凯拉 也参与了实验 |
[17:03] | Windemere experimented on her. | 温德梅尔在她身上做了实验 |
[17:04] | – So they knew each other. – Worse. | – 所以他们互相认识 – 更糟 |
[17:07] | Kerry could have access to every bit of his research, | 克里可能有机会查看他所有的研究 |
[17:09] | and she never mentioned it. | 但她从没提过 |
[17:10] | – Huh… – Our client’s no angel. | – 嗯… – 我们的客户不是天使 |
[17:13] | She’s a liar. | 而是个骗子 |
[17:17] | To broken wings. | 敬折断的翅膀 |
[17:24] | I didn’t lie. I’m not allowed to talk about my sister | 我没撒谎 我不能谈论我妹妹 |
[17:27] | and Windemere’s research project. It’s all… | 和温德梅尔的研究课题 这… |
[17:28] | it’s all confidential. Under a nondisclosure agreement. | 这全部都是机密 我签了保密协定的 |
[17:31] | You were a kid. | 你当时还是个孩子 |
[17:32] | You signed a binding legal document? | 签了一份有法律约束力的文件 |
[17:35] | – Benny, easy. – No, that man | – 本尼 别激动 – 不 那个人 |
[17:37] | promised me he would find a cure for my sister. | 向我保证会找到能治好我妹妹的药 |
[17:41] | And he didn’t. | 但是他没有 |
[17:43] | So I… I finished the job. | 所以我… 我把该做的做完了 |
[17:44] | It’ll be viewed as unethical. | 陪审团会将这视为不道德 |
[17:46] | It’s perfectly ethical. | 哪里不道德 |
[17:47] | Yes, my synthetic clotting factor’s identical to his. | 是 我的合成凝血因子是和他的一样 |
[17:50] | And yes, I paired it with a protein to replicate | 是 我用蛋白质配对复制了 |
[17:51] | the plasma inside the bloodstream, | 血液里的血浆 |
[17:52] | preventing antibodies from rejecting it. | 来避免排异反应 |
[17:54] | And yes, I got that from his research, too. | 对 我采用的了他的研究成果 |
[17:56] | But he didn’t put them together. | 但是他没有把它们放在一起 |
[17:58] | I only got about half of that, but the part I did get | 我只听懂了一部分 不过我的理解是 |
[18:00] | is his drug’s inferior. Obviousness. | 他研发的药质量差 这是显而易见性 |
[18:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:06] | Glad someone gets it. | 真高兴有人理解了 |
[18:07] | No. The legal issue at play | 不 法律上有个术语 |
[18:09] | is a term called obviousness. | 叫显而易见性 |
[18:10] | Yeah, Windemere’s patent covers a combination | 对 温德梅尔有混合凝血因子和 |
[18:14] | of the clotting factor and the delivery system. | 给药系统的专利 |
[18:16] | But you can override | 但是如果他 |
[18:17] | his patent if it wasn’t obvious | 没有像你一样 |
[18:19] | to put the same elements together | 将那些元素组合在一起 |
[18:20] | in the way that you have. | 你就可以推翻他的专利 |
[18:22] | Obviousness. | 这就是显而易见性 |
[18:25] | Of our jury, only Mary, Ethan and Curt | 陪审团中 只有玛丽 伊桑和科特 |
[18:28] | have anything past high school chemistry. | 曾经学习过高中化学 |
[18:30] | We’ll need to make the science easy to comprehend. | 我们得把科学理论说的得简单易懂 |
[18:33] | All right. | 好的 |
[18:34] | Benny, let’s find language | 本尼 我们来找些 |
[18:37] | even an eight-year-old can understand. | 连八岁小孩都能听懂的词 |
[18:38] | And start lining up experts who can use those words. | 同时联系能用这些词讲解科学理论的专家 |
[18:40] | Diana loves experts. | 戴安娜可喜欢专家了 |
[18:43] | She’ll start with her own. | 她自己都会去找的 |
[18:45] | Marissa, | 梅丽莎 |
[18:47] | – mirror jurors? – I… | – 模拟陪审团 – 我… |
[18:48] | Merle, um, help me line them up. | 默尔 帮我一起联系吧 |
[18:54] | All right. | 好的 |
[18:55] | Time to get to court. | 是时候上法庭了 |
[18:58] | Oh, hey, good morning. | 嗨 早上好 |
[19:00] | – Hey, how are you? – Morning, Mr. Windemere. | – 你好吗 – 早安 温德梅尔先生 |
[19:04] | Barely recognize Errol Windemere without a suit. | 埃罗尔·温德梅尔没穿制服我差点没认出来 |
[19:07] | Uh, well, Diana did her prep. | 戴安娜做了准备 |
[19:09] | She knows not to make Windemere | 她知道不能让温德梅尔 |
[19:11] | – look like a Yankee. – Jeans are a nice touch. | – 看起来像个北方人 – 牛仔裤加一分 |
[19:13] | Give me your notebook. | 把你的笔记本给我 |
[19:15] | I’ve never seen you take notes. | 我从来没见过你记笔记 |
[19:18] | Wasn’t asking a question. | 我不是在问问题 |
[19:26] | Ready to make my client an offer? | 准备好给我的客户出价了吗 |
[19:28] | How about surrender? | 投降怎么样 |
[19:30] | We’d accept. | 我们接受 |
[19:38] | Bruce, Mitch, Tonya, | 布鲁斯 米奇 托尼娅 |
[19:40] | all y’all in the back row, what are you doing? | 坐在后面的 你们来干什么 |
[19:42] | You don’t have any business in my court. | 本次庭审不需要你们 |
[19:43] | Why don’t you get out. | 出去吧 |
[19:45] | Don’t need any extra bodies in here heating this room up | 这已经够热的了 用不着多余的人来 |
[19:48] | any more than it already is. | 添乱 |
[19:49] | Goodbye, mirror jury. | 再见 模拟陪审团 |
[19:51] | All right, then… opening arguments. | 好了 那么… 开庭 |
[19:55] | Patent infringement. | 专利侵权 |
[19:58] | Now, it sounds complicated, but this is a simple case. | 听起来很复杂 其实事情很简单 |
[20:02] | If you leave your truck | 如果你把你家的卡车 |
[20:03] | sitting in your front yard | 停在后院里 |
[20:05] | and someone takes it away, well, | 然后有人把它开走了 |
[20:11] | It’s still yours. | 它依然是你的 |
[20:12] | Even if you’re not driving it. | 就算开车的人不是你 |
[20:15] | And that person is a thief. | 开走你车的人则是个小偷 |
[20:17] | Okay, true. | 好吧 说得对 |
[20:18] | But if I saw your pickup | 但是假如我看见你的货车 |
[20:20] | and the garden hose lying next to it | 旁边有根胶皮管 |
[20:23] | and I got inspired | 我产生了灵感 |
[20:25] | to build my own fire truck, | 把自己的货车改装成了消防车 |
[20:28] | and then drove around town putting out fires, | 开着这辆车到处去灭火 |
[20:31] | now what do you call me? | 这下你该怎么称呼我 |
[20:34] | Somebody say hero? | 似乎听见有人喊我是英雄 |
[20:39] | Doctor, if you could, | 博士 我想请您 |
[20:40] | please describe hemophilia for us. | 向我们普及一下什么是血友病 |
[20:42] | Hemophiliacs have | 血友病患者 |
[20:44] | a lower clotting factor level of blood plasma, | 体内血浆中的凝血因子 |
[20:47] | or impaired activity | 或者其他伤后凝血过程中 |
[20:48] | of the coagulation factor | 所需凝血因子的 |
[20:50] | – needed for a normal clotting process. – So, does | – 水平较低 – 那么 |
[20:53] | a hemophiliac bleed more intensely | 血友病患者受伤后失血 |
[20:55] | than a person without it? | 会比正常人更严重吗 |
[20:57] | No, but they can bleed much longer. | 不 但是他们流血的时间会更长 |
[20:59] | Even a minor injury can result in | 即使是一个小伤口 |
[21:01] | blood loss lasting days or even weeks. | 也会持续流血好几天 甚至几周 |
[21:03] | Okay. And Mr. Windemere’s drug, | 好 那么温德梅尔先生发明的 |
[21:06] | recognized by United States patent number | 于1999年获得美国专利号 |
[21:09] | 6-b 117293,dated August 11, 1999, | 6-b 117293的这种药物 |
[21:15] | counteracts this process. | 能够抑制流血 |
[21:16] | It does. | 是的 |
[21:17] | His synthetic clotting factor, | 他研发的合成凝血因子 |
[21:20] | under certain circumstances, | 在特定情况下 |
[21:21] | increases the efficacy of coagulation. | 能够提升凝血的效率 |
[21:24] | Ms. Ketchum’s | 凯彻姆小姐的 |
[21:26] | product utilizes the same factor? | 药物也运用了同样的凝血因子吗 |
[21:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:28] | So they’re the same. | 两种成分是相同的 |
[21:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:32] | No further questions. | 没有其它问题了 |
[21:40] | Bull? | 布尔 |
[21:47] | Uh, Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[21:49] | I don’t want to bore our friends in the jury | 我没有什么问题要问这位先生了 |
[21:52] | with any more questions for this fella. | 免得让陪审团的朋友们无聊 |
[21:53] | Appreciated. | 非常感谢 |
[21:56] | That’s lunch. | 午餐时间到 |
[21:58] | No, oxygen doesn’t tell the blood to turn scabby. | 氧气没法让血液结痂 |
[22:02] | There’s already oxygen in blood. | 因为血液当中已经有氧气存在 |
[22:04] | It’s blood cells. | 那是一种血细胞 |
[22:06] | Every cell does something. | 每个细胞各司其职 |
[22:08] | That’s what those cells do. | 各有各的作用 |
[22:09] | Good thing Danny’s getting us all this intel. | 丹尼给我们的信息很有用 |
[22:11] | Don’t need a mirror jury | 既然陪审团已经表现的够明显了 |
[22:13] | if the real jurors talk loud enough. | 也就不需要什么模拟陪审团 |
[22:14] | They’re not supposed to talk about the case. | 他们不应该谈论案件内容 |
[22:15] | Be the first jury in history to obey. | 说得好像有哪个陪审团遵守过这个规定 |
[22:17] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[22:18] | Do y’all know how blood clots are formed? | 你们知道血液是如何结痂的吗 |
[22:20] | When a blood vessel wall breaks, | 当血管破裂的时候 |
[22:22] | platelets change shape from round to spiny, | 血小板的形状从圆形变成多刺状 |
[22:24] | sticking to the broken | 彼此黏连附着在 |
[22:24] | vessel wall and each other to plug the break. | 在破损的血管表面来填补裂口 |
[22:26] | They interact with other blood proteins | 与此同时同其他血蛋白发生反应 |
[22:28] | to form fibrin strands into a net | 用纤维蛋白组成网状 |
[22:29] | trapping more platelets and… | 吸引其他血小板 |
[22:31] | producing a clot. | 这样使血液结痂 |
[22:33] | Dang, you’re pretty smart. | 你真聪明 |
[22:35] | You should hear what those folks are coming up with. | 你应该听听这些家伙都想出了什么点子 |
[22:37] | Good. Their expert failed to teach them. | 很好 那位专家没能教会他们这些 |
[22:40] | This presents us the opportunity | 这给了我们一个机会 |
[22:41] | to define the terms. | 为这些词语下定义 |
[22:43] | – I’d call that a win. – A small one. | – 领先了一步 – 一小步 |
[22:46] | A big one would be if we can use the whole crooked system | 如果我们能利用这个欺诈的系统 以他之矛 |
[22:48] | against itself. | 攻他之盾 |
[22:49] | How do you do that? | 你要怎么做到 |
[22:51] | That’s what we got to figure out. | 那是我们要解决的问题 |
[22:53] | Mr. Windemere, in the time | 温德梅尔先生 当你 |
[22:55] | since you were granted this patent, | 获得这项专利的时候 |
[22:57] | you’ve distributed only one version of a hemophilia drug, | 你只分发了一种治疗血友病的药物 |
[23:00] | – is that right? – Research and development is | – 是吗 – 做研究是一项 |
[23:03] | a complicated and expensive process. | 复杂艰巨 开销很大的工作 |
[23:05] | When we make a choice, as a company, | 当我们作为一家公司做决定的时候 |
[23:09] | what matter is | 重点是要 |
[23:10] | what does the most good for the most people. | 权衡出对最多人有利的选择 |
[23:13] | Your, uh, your suit, | 你在陈述中宣称 |
[23:14] | claims that you patented all the elements | 你对于凯彻姆小姐的产品当中所有的 |
[23:17] | contained in Ms. Ketchum’s product. | 成分都有专利权 |
[23:19] | Is-is that right? | 是这样吗 |
[23:20] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[23:21] | You had all the pieces, | 你拥有所有的成分 |
[23:23] | but you haven’t put them together | 但是你从来没有用这样的方式 |
[23:24] | this way yet? | 把它们组合在一起 |
[23:25] | That’s a simplified way of expressing it, but yes. | 你的说法过于简单 但是的确 |
[23:27] | Like you had a-a-a toaster and a clock, | 这就好比你有一个烤面包器和一个时钟 |
[23:31] | and hadn’t squished ’em into one. | 但是你没有把它们合二为一 |
[23:32] | Sure. If that helps you. | 你非要这么说也可以 |
[23:33] | Well, yeah. It-it kind of does. | 好吧 我就要这么说 |
[23:37] | Cause I’m holding here, the patent | 现在我手里拿着的就是 |
[23:40] | for the first pop-up toaster. | 第一个自动计时烤面包机的专利证书 |
[23:41] | And it’s not from the inventor of the toaster | 这既不是从烤面包机发明者 |
[23:44] | or the clock. | 也不是从时钟发明者那里拿的 |
[23:46] | Did you want to contest that one, too? | 你也要为这个上诉吗 |
[23:49] | Objection. Argumentative. | 反对 强词夺理 |
[23:51] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[23:52] | I’m sorry, but… | 我很抱歉 但是… |
[23:54] | If you could make what she made, | 如果你研究不出人家的药物 |
[23:57] | was there any reason to sit on it, | 又有什么理由坐享其成 |
[23:58] | presuming that-that your story is true, | 就算你的说法是真的 |
[24:00] | that-that research and development made it | 研究和生产的成本 |
[24:03] | not cost effective, I mean… | 高得不合理 |
[24:05] | You’re saying it’s about the money, | 难道钱就是你 |
[24:08] | while people are literally dying? | 眼睁睁看着病人死去的理由 |
[24:10] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[24:11] | I’m sor… | 对不起… |
[24:12] | I’ll leave it at that. | 我不会往下说了 |
[24:24] | Got Danny’s report from afternoon break. | 拿到了丹尼午间休息时候的报告 |
[24:26] | We are making some inroads. | 我们有些进展 |
[24:28] | We shored up Carlos and Franny. | 卡洛斯和弗兰妮站在我们这边 |
[24:30] | Plus Len and Lisa liked what Merle had to say | 再加上莱恩和丽莎喜欢默尔 |
[24:33] | about the toaster. | 那个烤面包机的说法 |
[24:34] | Well, like you said, the science is lost on all, | 正如你所说 没人在意科学方面的解说 |
[24:36] | save Mary, Ethan and Curt, who are against us. | 玛丽 伊桑和科特还是反对我们 |
[24:40] | And that’s not all the great intel Danny got us. | 这还不是所有消息 |
[24:42] | We also know that Diana’s halo | 戴安娜的魅力 |
[24:44] | is still shining brightly on Windemere. | 依然对温德梅尔有很大的帮助 |
[24:46] | And the mind’s of Kelly-Anne, Doug, Debbie and Jerry. | 凯利·安妮 道格 黛比和杰瑞都因此而反对我们 |
[24:49] | Sorry, but they prefer her over Merle. | 很遗憾 比起默尔 他们更喜欢她 |
[24:52] | They don’t see her as the enemy. | 他们没法站到她的对立面去 |
[24:54] | Maybe we should stop seeing her that way, too. | 也许我们也不该把她看做敌人 |
[24:57] | Cable, monitor the weather systems, will you? | 凯博 监控好天气系统 好吗 |
[25:00] | I’m on it, but I can’t predict the weather, Bull. | 我正做着呢 但是我没法预知天气 布尔 |
[25:03] | Oh, and I found this. | 我还发现了这个 |
[25:08] | It’s a good look. | 看上去不错 |
[25:09] | You look really good. | 你看上去蛮帅的 |
[25:10] | I-I think we’re losing our connection. | 信号好像不太好 |
[25:12] | Hey, don’t you dare… | 喂 你敢… |
[25:16] | Mm-hmm, that was nice. | 胡子不错 |
[25:19] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | – 拿着 – 谢谢 |
[25:21] | Yeah, on special teams, you got to do | 当你在特殊队伍里的时候 |
[25:23] | whatever you can do to stay on the team. | 你无论如何都要想办法留下来 |
[25:25] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[25:27] | Is that shirt tailored? | 这件上衣是定做的吗 |
[25:28] | Yeah, Chunk’s suggestion. | 对 特朗科建议的 |
[25:31] | The bulky uniform | 大件的制服 |
[25:33] | wasn’t properly showcasing the guns. | 不适合用来秀枪 |
[25:36] | You look good. | 你看上去很棒 |
[25:43] | Put away our weapons? | 来让我们放下武器 |
[25:45] | Put something away. | 放下些东西 |
[25:58] | Bull was a hired gun, but he was damn good. | 布尔是把借来的枪 但是很好用 |
[26:01] | All right, my client was corporate. | 我的客户很配合 |
[26:02] | His client was corporate. | 他的客户也很配合 |
[26:04] | But he climbed into the mind | 但是他能钻到每一个 |
[26:05] | of every single one of those jurors. | 陪审团成员的脑袋里去 |
[26:08] | They went to deliberate on a Friday night. | 他们故意周五晚上过去 |
[26:12] | I had ’em. | 我懂他们 |
[26:14] | But you lost. | 但你输了 |
[26:15] | Well, Monday morning was a different story. | 周一早上情况就大不相同了 |
[26:18] | What happened over the weekend? | 周末的时候发生了什么 |
[26:19] | I couldn’t say. | 我不能说 |
[26:21] | And I won’t. | 我则不会说 |
[26:25] | Hey, Merle! Line ’em up! | 嗨 默尔 把酒满上 |
[26:27] | Passing the bar. | 到吧台这边来 |
[26:28] | Hey, I would never pass a bar. | 我才不要过去 |
[26:31] | You ought to know, shots are Merle’s Achilles’ heel. | 你应该已经知道 默尔喝不了几杯就要倒 |
[26:37] | What did happen that weekend? | 周末的时候发生了什么 |
[26:38] | Yeah, what did happen that weekend? | 对啊 周末的时候发生了什么 |
[26:40] | ‘Cause I was thinking, and if I’ve got it right, | 我那时候想 假如我没想错 |
[26:43] | you started dating my sister | 案子结束之后不久 |
[26:45] | – soon after this case. – Mm. | – 你就开始和我姐姐约会 – 嗯 |
[26:47] | This is a good time to get refills. | 这是个续杯的好时机 |
[26:50] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[27:01] | So what about you, huh? | 那你呢 |
[27:03] | You want to go for a walk? | 想散散步吗 |
[27:07] | Maybe I’ll tell you some secrets. | 也许我会告诉你一些秘密 |
[27:10] | I feel deprived of this in the city. | 在城市当中 总是得不到宁静 |
[27:13] | Light pollution… | 光污染 |
[27:15] | it’s a terrible plague. | 是种可怕的灾难 |
[27:17] | Well, I’m sure it has its trade-offs. | 我相信会有权衡的办法 |
[27:20] | You’ve seen all that passes for nightlife around here. | 你也见识到这里的夜生活了 |
[27:26] | Why, Ms. Diana, are you trying to take advantage of me? | 为什么 戴安娜小姐 你是想利用我吗 |
[27:29] | Hmm, the great Dr. Bull? | 最厉害的布尔博士 |
[27:31] | Now, I didn’t think that was possible. | 现在 我觉得没可能了 |
[27:37] | Last time I was here, I learned a lot. | 我上次在这里学到了很多 |
[27:40] | It changed me. | 这里改变了我 |
[27:42] | Hmm. Not too much. | 也不算多 |
[27:45] | I thought I could win any case in any court. | 我曾以为自己在法庭中战无不胜 |
[27:49] | Well, not all cases are decided in a courtroom. | 可不是所有案子都能在法庭上解决 |
[27:56] | After that Friday night, | 从那个周五晚上到周日早晨 |
[27:59] | you didn’t leave my sight until Sunday morning. | 你牢牢牵动着我的心 |
[28:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:03] | You wanted to watch football. | 你想去看球赛 |
[28:06] | You wanted to go to church. | 你想去教堂 |
[28:09] | Monday morning, | 周一早上 |
[28:10] | the whole jury was back on your side. | 整个陪审团都转而支持你 |
[28:14] | The whole jury was in those pews. | 他们全都坐在教堂的长椅上 |
[28:17] | If I had said anything to them, | 如果我真对他们说了什么 |
[28:19] | that would be tampering. | 那可是违反职业道德的 |
[28:22] | You didn’t have to. | 你不需要说什么 |
[28:25] | You sang, | 你唱了歌 |
[28:27] | didn’t you? | 是不是 |
[28:29] | That was supposed to be my secret weapon. | 那可是我的秘密武器 |
[28:31] | I have a secret weapon too. | 我也有个秘密武器 |
[28:34] | It’s not that big of a secret. | 那可不算什么大秘密 |
[28:37] | Clearly, Diana knew Merle had a weakness for tequila, | 很明显 戴安娜知道默尔嗜爱龙舌兰 |
[28:40] | but there’s nothing obvious about cellular chemistry. | 但这在细胞化学上并不明显 |
[28:43] | The jury will glaze over | 陪审团就会傻兮兮地看着 |
[28:45] | and assume that Windemere knows his business. | 然后以为温德梅尔了解自己的生意 |
[28:47] | Unless I find the words to explain science to an eight-year-old. | 除非我能找到措辞 给一个八岁孩子解释科学 |
[28:51] | Yeah, I think Bull is losing his mind. | 对 我觉得布尔失去了理智 |
[28:52] | He may be losing his mind, | 他可能是失去了理智 |
[28:54] | or it may just be Callisto. | 也有可能是因为卡利斯托 |
[28:56] | Did you leave the barn open? | 你离开前没关门 |
[28:58] | No. | 关了啊 |
[29:03] | My laptop’s missing. | 我的笔记本电脑不见了 |
[29:06] | The boxes… our research. | 资料箱… 我们的研究 |
[29:08] | Lindsay and Partners took everything. | 琳赛和她的合伙人把什么都拿走了 |
[29:10] | I’ll call Bull. | 我给布尔打电话 |
[29:12] | They put a move on us. | 他们在戏弄我们 |
[29:13] | No way that she put one on him, too. | 她不可能把他也戏弄了 |
[29:16] | No answer. | 不接电话 |
[30:04] | I’m not exactly filled with confidence | 手握成千上万条生命 |
[30:06] | that you have thousands of lives in your hands. | 我可没那么有信心 |
[30:08] | Not to mention my own professional future. | 更不用说我的专业前景了 |
[30:10] | That’s understandable. | 这我理解 |
[30:11] | But I am in full command. | 但我现在成竹在胸 |
[30:13] | Getting this sloppy was intentional. | 把这个烂摊子收拾了 |
[30:16] | Oh, wait. It was? | 等等 是吗 |
[30:19] | Okay, it was. | 好吧 确实 |
[30:20] | But the other side stole all of our research and your notebook. | 但对方把我们的所有研究和你的笔记本都偷了 |
[30:23] | I never intended to call some parade of experts. | 我从没想过要叫什么专家来 |
[30:26] | So you wanted this to happen. | 所以你希望这事发生 |
[30:28] | Everything I wrote in that note pad | 我写在笔记本上的所有东西 |
[30:29] | was to make you look like the Angel of Sacred Heart. | 都把你们描述成了圣心院天使 |
[30:32] | You’re not gonna do that? | 所以你不会找专家 |
[30:36] | No experts. Just you. | 没有专家 就你一个 |
[30:38] | Diana’s been prepping for experts all night long. | 戴安娜整晚上都在准备该如何应对专家 |
[30:41] | Well, half the night. | 半晚上 |
[30:45] | This strudel is fantastic. | 这馅饼真好吃 |
[30:47] | May I have another one, waitress? | 能再给我来一个吗 服务员 |
[30:50] | Please? | 可以吗 |
[30:56] | Look what I got. | 看看我搞到了什么 |
[31:01] | Okay, so you’ve got pants. | 所以你们搞到一条裤子 |
[31:03] | What’s the rest of your strategy? | 你们还有什么后招 |
[31:04] | Part one… | 第一… |
[31:05] | I’m gonna show your deep frustration with Windemere. | 我打算让你表现出对温德梅尔的深深失望 |
[31:08] | And we show how much you love your sister | 然后表现你对你妹妹的爱之深 |
[31:10] | and how those two things | 以及这两件事是如何 |
[31:11] | helped you accomplish something he never could. | 让你做到了他没法做到的事 |
[31:13] | Part two… you may recall Windemere stated | 第二… 你可以回忆温德梅尔曾说过 |
[31:16] | that he didn’t change the drug for 17 years because of cost. | 由于成本原因 他十七年都没有换过药 |
[31:19] | Four of our jurors sided with you because they saw him | 有四位陪审员站在你这边 因为他们知道 |
[31:22] | as more interested in financial gain than saving lives. | 比起拯救生命 他更看重商业收益 |
[31:25] | But to reach the rest of the jury, | 但要说服其余的陪审员 |
[31:28] | you need to beat him with your science. | 你得用你的技巧打败他 |
[31:32] | How? | 怎么打败 |
[31:33] | Nerd up. | 扮成书呆子 |
[31:35] | Well, what about explaining the science? | 那阐释科学道理呢 |
[31:38] | Benny’s working on it. | 本尼在做了 |
[31:40] | Whoa! Oh, what is in this thing?! | 这是用什么做的 |
[31:43] | Eggs, flour, water, apples and sugar. | 鸡蛋 面粉 水 苹果和糖 |
[31:46] | No. I mean, what is | 不 我的意思是 |
[31:47] | the magic recipe? | 用了什么秘方 |
[31:49] | ‘Cause however it’s put together… | 因为只要把它们放在一起… |
[31:51] | It is the perfect hangover cure. | 就能成为最好的解酒药 |
[31:56] | I’m gonna take this to go. | 我要把这个带走 |
[32:01] | Marissa, with me. | 梅丽莎 和我一起 |
[32:02] | Waitress, strudel for everywhere? | 服务员 馅饼哪里都有 |
[32:04] | Well, all right. | 当然 |
[32:05] | It was a big night. | 真是个盛大的夜晚啊 |
[32:07] | So the people were hungry, | 人们饿了 |
[32:09] | and this is all they had. | 而这里是他们仅有的一切 |
[32:12] | So the guy took an apple | 所以就有人就拿了个苹果 |
[32:15] | and the water, and he made apple juice, which was okay. | 还有水 做成苹果汁 这没问题 |
[32:19] | But the people were still hungry. | 但人们还是很饿 |
[32:22] | So she took all of these ingredients and made this. | 于是她就用这里所有的原料做成了这个 |
[32:32] | And the people were full. | 把所有人喂饱了 |
[32:35] | So it’s not just about making a good strudel. | 所以你想说的不仅仅是做出好吃的馅饼 |
[32:38] | What you’re saying is | 你想说的是 |
[32:39] | he wanted to save money, | 他想省钱 |
[32:40] | but she wanted to save lives. | 而她想挽救生命 |
[32:42] | I think they got it. | 我觉得他们抓住了精髓 |
[32:46] | Nice pants. | 裤子不错 |
[32:49] | So, it’s a grand de simo kind of morning, huh? | 今早可是意义重大啊 |
[32:52] | Don’t you worry. I’m gonna rip your little cavalcade | 不劳费心 看我怎么把你那些所谓的专家 |
[32:55] | of so-called experts to pieces. | 驳得体无完肤吧 |
[32:57] | Where are they? | 他们人呢 |
[33:00] | We only have one. | 我们只有一个 |
[33:07] | Ms. Ketchum, is it true that your sister was a participant | 凯彻姆小姐 你妹妹参与了温德梅尔先生的 |
[33:09] | in Mr. Windemere’s research study? | 实验研究 对吗 |
[33:12] | Yes, and I followed his career since I was a kid. | 是的 我也从小关注着他的研究 |
[33:14] | He inspired me to create this cure. | 他激励着我创造了这种治疗方式 |
[33:16] | How did he inspire you? | 他是通过什么激励你的 |
[33:18] | By failing. | 通过失败 |
[33:20] | My sister tried his drug. | 我妹妹试用了他的药 |
[33:21] | Hell, he used her blood, my own sister’s blood, to experiment. | 该死 他用了她的血 我亲妹妹的血 做实验 |
[33:25] | And you were a witness to this? | 所以你是这项实验的见证者 |
[33:27] | You know how scary it is, watching your baby sister, | 你知道这有多可怕吗 眼睁睁看着 |
[33:30] | four years old, giving blood, | 自己四岁的小妹妹 一个血友病患者 |
[33:33] | when she’s a hemophiliac? | 被采血 |
[33:34] | His drug worked for a little while, but… | 他的药开始起了点效果 可… |
[33:38] | then her body got used to it | 后来她对药免疫了 |
[33:39] | and it wouldn’t work anymore. | 就再没起过效果 |
[33:43] | It took me years, but I figured out how to make it keep working. | 我花了数年时间 找出了让它继续起效的办法 |
[33:46] | Using the same ingredients? | 用相同的原料吗 |
[33:48] | There’s a million ways to combine flour, | 混合面粉 水 鸡蛋 苹果和糖的办法 |
[33:50] | water, eggs, apples and sugar. | 有很多种 |
[33:52] | But only one method works like the strudel at the diner. | 但只有一种办法能做出餐厅里的那种馅饼 |
[33:55] | So you’re saying | 所以你想说的是 |
[33:56] | that you’re a better cook than Errol Windemere? | 你的厨艺比埃罗尔·温德梅尔更精湛 |
[34:00] | I’m a scientist. | 我是个科学家 |
[34:01] | Unlike Mr. Windemere, | 和温德梅尔先生不同的是 |
[34:02] | I don’t consider cost | 在试图挽救生命之时 |
[34:04] | when I’m trying to save a life. | 我不会计较成本 |
[34:06] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[34:11] | How did you do it? | 你是怎么做的 |
[34:16] | I don’t understand the question. | 我不明白你的问题 |
[34:19] | Well, you claim to be an expert. | 你自称是个专家 |
[34:20] | A better scientist than Mr. Windemere. | 是个比温德梅尔先生更好的科学家 |
[34:22] | So you should be able to explain the process. | 所以你应该能解释下制作过程吧 |
[34:25] | How’d you do it? | 你是怎么做的 |
[34:26] | No. | 不 |
[34:27] | I’m not telling you. | 我不会告诉你 |
[34:29] | He knows the recipe, and he still can’t make it work. | 他知道配方也没能让它起作用 |
[34:31] | I’m not gonna let you sucker me into giving away | 我不会钻进你的圈套 而把我的商业秘密 |
[34:33] | my trade secrets. | 和盘托出 |
[34:35] | You’re… you’re here saying you’re entitled | 你说… 你说你有权 |
[34:37] | to 20 years to figure it out. | 花二十年去完成这件事 |
[34:38] | That’s 20 years of people dying, | 这二十年来多少人失去生命 |
[34:40] | while also claiming it’s obvious. | 你也说这是显而易见的 |
[34:41] | – Obviously, it’s not obvious. – You have no right! | – 很显然 这并不显而易见 – 你没资格这么说 |
[34:44] | – You have no brains! – You stole | – 你没脑子 – 你偷走了 |
[34:45] | – my work! – You gave up on my sister! | – 我的成果 – 你放弃了我的妹妹 |
[34:47] | All right, all right, all right. | 好了 好了 好了 |
[34:50] | Let’s take a recess. | 现在休庭 |
[34:52] | Everybody cool off. | 都去冷静一下 |
[34:56] | So, Kelly-Anne and Doug apparently saw | 所以 凯利·安妮和道格分明看到 |
[34:58] | Diana toss a look to the judge. | 戴安娜给法官抛了个眼神 |
[35:00] | Thought it was cheating. | 这是作弊 |
[35:01] | That makes it six to six. | 这把陪审团分成了六对六 |
[35:03] | But, uh, Debbie, Curt, and Lisa | 但是 黛比 科特和丽莎 |
[35:05] | all wanted to hear the rest of the argument. | 都想听余下的论点 |
[35:07] | They won’t be moved without it. | 否则不会动摇 |
[35:08] | So we’re winning on merits, | 所以我们赢了道德 |
[35:10] | but we’re still losing. | 但我们依然处于劣势 |
[35:12] | All the holdouts want to know | 所有持保留意见的人都想知道 |
[35:13] | if Kerry’s right about Windemere’s science. | 克里对温德梅尔科学的说法是否正确 |
[35:15] | Do we put him back on the stand? | 那我们要让他重新上庭吗 |
[35:17] | Yeah, we could, | 我们可以这么做 |
[35:19] | but we don’t know if he’s right or wrong. | 但我们不知道他对错与否 |
[35:21] | Without drowning the jury in those technical terms, | 要想不让陪审团被淹没在专业术语里 |
[35:24] | there’s only one person who can actually speak | 只有一个人可以代他发言 |
[35:27] | his language. Jury needs to hear Kerry sing. | 陪审团得听到克里的心声 |
[35:29] | Judge isn’t gonna let her rip into Windemere again though. | 法官不会再次让她和温德梅尔对质 |
[35:32] | And Diana’s not gonna let him fall for it again. | 戴安娜也不会让他再次上当受骗 |
[35:34] | These are good people. They just need to be convinced. | 这些都是好人 只是需要一个理由说服他们 |
[35:37] | I just don’t know how | 我只是不知道 |
[35:38] | we get any more points on the board in that courtroom. | 我们如何能在庭辩上找到更多论点 |
[35:40] | Maybe we can’t. | 也许我们找不到 |
[35:42] | But we can still win. | 但我们依然有办法打赢 |
[35:52] | I’m having fewer regrets about not making the trip down. | 我现在有点庆幸自己没去了 |
[35:56] | It’s tough to see you like this. | 看到你这样真不好受 |
[35:58] | I prefer this. | 我喜欢这样的你 |
[36:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:03] | Well, it’s time to play the ace in the hole. | 是时候使出杀手锏了 |
[36:05] | Oh, yeah? What’s that? | 是吗 是什么 |
[36:08] | You. | 你 |
[36:09] | Pretty sure most of it’s legal. | 可能会有一点踩界 |
[36:11] | But, then again, I’m not a lawyer. | 但话说回来 我又不是律师 |
[36:16] | Thank you, Chunk. | 谢谢 特朗科 |
[36:20] | Well, where’s the rest of your crew? | 你团队的其他人呢 |
[36:22] | Packing up. Long trip home. | 打包行李 归路漫漫 |
[36:25] | Don’t tell me you’re conceding defeat. | 别告诉我你要认输了 |
[36:26] | You could still win. | 你还是可以赢的 |
[36:27] | It’d take a miracle. | 除非奇迹发生了 |
[36:33] | When you get the chance… And you will get the chance… | 如果你有机会… 你会有机会的… |
[36:35] | You know what to do. | 你知道该怎么做 |
[36:40] | The Honorable Judge Albert Darling. | 受人敬仰的艾尔伯特·达林法官 |
[36:42] | All right. | 好了 |
[36:43] | Let’s close this thing up. | 我们来了结此事吧 |
[36:49] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的各位先生们 女士们 |
[36:51] | this case is pretty simple. | 这个案子很简单 |
[36:53] | Errol Windemere owns a 20-year pa… | 埃罗尔·温德梅尔有一个为期二十年的专… |
[36:57] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:58] | And it’s only been 17 years. | 现在只过了十七年 |
[37:03] | Uh, shoot, there’s a storm coming in. | 不好 暴风雨要来了 |
[37:06] | Wrap it up, Counselor. | 赶紧说完 律师 |
[37:08] | You know me. | 你们了解我 |
[37:10] | I know Errol Windemere. | 我了解埃罗尔·温德梅尔 |
[37:11] | I vouch for him. | 我为他做担保 |
[37:13] | Merle. | 默尔 |
[37:15] | Merle. | 默尔 |
[37:19] | Uh, well, Your Honor, uh… | 呃 法官大人…呃 |
[37:24] | Okay. Put a pin in this. | 好了 庭审先搁置一边 |
[37:26] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[37:28] | Jury, everybody, let’s get down to the shelter. | 陪审团 大家 我们去楼下的避难所 |
[37:43] | Don’t be shy. Come on in. | 别害羞 进来吧 |
[37:46] | Plaintiff | 原告方 |
[37:49] | and Defendant, | 还有被告方 |
[37:50] | in here. | 过来 |
[38:08] | Go get inside, you dummy. There’s a tornado coming. | 快进去啊 笨蛋 龙卷风要来了 |
[38:12] | Is there? | 是吗 |
[38:14] | Yeah. I mean, it’s lit up all over social media. | 是啊 社交媒体上都传遍了 |
[38:16] | Look, they’re tweeting about it a town over. | 看 整个小镇都在推特这个消息 |
[38:18] | Once again, there’s a severe | 再次重申 整个卡利斯托 |
[38:20] | tornado warning issued for all of Callisto. | 都收到了特大龙卷风预警 |
[38:22] | While everyone in Callisto | 卡利斯托的所有人 |
[38:23] | should immediately find shelter, | 都得立即去避难所 |
[38:25] | a tornado watch has been issued for neighboring counties. | 邻镇也发出了龙卷风监测预警 |
[38:28] | I feel for you, folks. | 大家 我感同身受 |
[38:37] | You don’t know how to do what I did. | 你做不来我做的事情 |
[38:39] | Your patent comes up short, and I’ll bet my sister’s life | 你的专利有缺陷 我以我妹妹的性命为赌注 |
[38:42] | this jury will see that. | 陪审团会发现这一点 |
[38:44] | How is Kyra? | 凯利怎么样了 |
[38:47] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[38:49] | I really do care about her, you know. | 我真的在乎她的 |
[38:51] | She was pulling a shirt over her head | 她一边套衬衫 |
[38:53] | and walked through a plate glass sliding door. | 一边穿过一扇平面玻璃滑门 |
[38:55] | She thought it was open. | 她以为门是开的 |
[38:57] | 12 stitches. She thinks | 缝了十二针 她觉得 |
[38:58] | it’s gonna be a cool scar. | 会是一个很酷的伤疤 |
[39:01] | I wish I could have made it last forever, | 我希望我可以让药效持久 |
[39:03] | instead of just temporarily. | 而不是昙花一现 |
[39:05] | You were close. | 你其实快成功了 |
[39:08] | Started with your individualized protein methodology. | 从你的个体蛋白质方法论开始 |
[39:11] | Had to bond it with factor VIII. | 它必须跟凝血八因子结合 |
[39:13] | How? Did you separate the platelets from the plasma? | 怎么做 你从血浆中把血小板分离出来吗 |
[39:16] | Well, first, I produced platelet-rich plasma | 首先 我采用不同的离心方式 |
[39:19] | through differential centrifugation, | 制出含有大量血小板的血浆 |
[39:21] | adjusting the acceleration force | 调整加速力 |
[39:22] | to sediment the cellular constituents. | 来沉淀细胞成分 |
[39:24] | But a second centrifugation | 但是第二种离心方式 |
[39:26] | concentrates the platelets | 在最少的血浆容量里 |
[39:27] | in the smallest final plasma volume, | 集中了最多血小板 |
[39:29] | leaving the platelets… | 使得血小板… |
[39:30] | The platelets in near-to-perfect isolation. | 血小板几近完美地被分离出来 |
[39:32] | – Yes. – That’s the step you missed. | – 是的 – 你就是错过了这一步 |
[39:34] | That’s what kept my sister alive. | 我的妹妹正是因此才能活命 |
[39:37] | With all the time and money in the world, | 我有大量的时间和金钱 |
[39:39] | I wouldn’t have figured that out. | 却没有发现这一点 |
[39:40] | Very impressive. Nice work. | 让人刮目相看 干得漂亮 |
[39:44] | I can move for a mistrial. | 我可以申请无效审判 |
[39:45] | I doubt the court will spend another week on this. | 我觉得陪审团不会再花一个礼拜在此事上 |
[39:49] | All right, everyone, | 好了 大家 |
[39:50] | seemed like another false alarm. Let’s get back to it. | 看起来又是虚惊一场 庭审继续吧 |
[39:52] | Merle, you’re up. | 默尔 到你了 |
[39:55] | I want to drop the suit. | 我想放弃诉讼 |
[39:57] | – You’re sure? – Yes. | – 你确定 – 是的 |
[40:03] | Your Honor, my client would like to withdraw the suit. | 法官大人 我的客户想撤销诉讼 |
[40:08] | Are you kidding me, Counselor? | 你在开玩笑吗 辩护人 |
[40:10] | No, Your Honor. He’s changed his position | 没有 法官大人 关于这项专利 |
[40:11] | regarding the patent. | 他改变立场了 |
[40:12] | Okay. Apologies to the jury. | 好吧 抱歉了 陪审团 |
[40:15] | Wasn’t a complete waste of time. | 也不是完全浪费时间 |
[40:16] | You each made ten dollars a day. | 你们每人每天都赚了十美金 |
[40:18] | We are adjourned. | 休庭 |
[40:20] | Jerry, go fishing. | 杰瑞 钓鱼去吧 |
[40:26] | That’s it? | 就这样 |
[40:27] | He’s not gonna stop me from making my drug? | 他不会阻止我制药了 |
[40:29] | It’s over. You won. | 结束了 你赢了 |
[40:32] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[40:34] | Merle, | 默尔 |
[40:36] | Bender, Lindsay & Partners | 本德·琳赛还有合伙人 |
[40:38] | may have the plaintiff’s side all shored up, | 也许能让原告方自圆其说 |
[40:41] | but there’s a lot of | 但是外面有 |
[40:42] | defendants out there who could use your services. | 大把被告需要你的服务 |
[40:45] | You know, that’s not a bad idea, JB. | 这主意不错 杰布 |
[40:48] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[40:55] | Well, you may not be able to sing | 你虽然不会唱歌 |
[40:57] | but… sure can make it rain. | 但是… 却可以求风求雨 |
[41:03] | Pair of pants | 不把裤子 |
[41:04] | come with this? | 还给我吗 |
[41:08] | Callisto. | 卡利斯托 |
[41:16] | Let me get this straight. | 我来理一下 |
[41:18] | You’re mad because you couldn’t get the jury to officially | 你生气是因为你无法让陪审团正式 |
[41:21] | – find in our favor? – Let me clarify, | – 宣布我们赢了 – 我要澄清一下 |
[41:23] | I’m not mad. I’m merely disappointed. | 我没生气 我只是很失望 |
[41:26] | – And there’s a difference. – Let’s be honest, the reason | – 这两者是有区别的 – 坦诚点吧 |
[41:28] | you’re not satisfied is because | 你之所以不满意是因为 |
[41:30] | Diana didn’t call it a win. | 戴安娜没承认你赢了 |
[41:35] | All right, it’s a win. | 好吧 是赢了 |
[41:37] | With an asterisk. | 只是要打上星号 |
[41:38] | After the first time | 在你第一次 |
[41:39] | you, quote, | 这里引用一下 |
[41:40] | “Didn’t lose in Callisto,” | “在卡利斯托没有输”之后 |
[41:42] | – how’d you pull out of your tailspin? – Wait a minute, | – 你怎么摆脱困境的 – 等等 |
[41:45] | don’t tell me | 别告诉我 |
[41:46] | my sister was your Callisto rebound. | 我姐是你在卡利斯托失意后的安慰品 |
[41:48] | Not exactly. | 不全是 |
[41:49] | I went down there a lone wolf who’d never lost a case. | 我单枪匹马以不败纪录去的 |
[41:52] | But I had forgotten why I got into this business | 但是我忘记了 最初我为何 |
[41:55] | in the first place. | 会开始这个事业 |
[41:57] | And, no, | 还有 不 |
[41:59] | it wasn’t the money. | 不是为了钱 |
[42:00] | It was people. | 是为了人 |
[42:02] | Because you can’t take on the world | 因为你不可能独自 |
[42:04] | all alone. | 承担一切 拯救世界 |
[42:06] | And so I sought | 所以我寻找 |
[42:08] | people I could trust. | 可以信任之人 |
[42:09] | People like your sister. | 像你姐姐那样的人 |
[42:11] | And you guys. | 你们 |
[42:13] | This team. | 还有这个团队 |
[42:14] | And clients | 以及我可以 |
[42:16] | I could believe in. | 信任的客户 |
[42:18] | That’s what I learned. | 这就是我学到的 |
[42:26] | I thought you lost in Callisto ’cause of this. | 我还以为你在卡利斯托输了是因为这个呢 |
[42:31] | – Oh, hello! – Oh! | – 哇 – 噢 |