时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Let’s go, let’s go! | 快点 快点 |
[00:06] | We got two more bacon-wrapped scallops | 还有两份培根包扇贝 |
[00:07] | and one more pigs in a blanket. | 和一份猪包毯没上 |
[00:10] | Hey, who’s got the cilantro? | 谁那有胡荽叶 |
[00:11] | Come on, faster, faster. | 动作快点 |
[00:13] | Dessert’s in 20 minutes. | 二十分钟后上甜点 |
[00:15] | All right, you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[00:23] | Richard, Richard, Richard. | 理查德 理查德 理查德 |
[00:24] | Hey, that’s a nice monkey suit, Dominick. | 这套晚礼服真不错 多米尼克 |
[00:26] | I almost didn’t recognize you. | 我差点认不出你了 |
[00:28] | Yeah, well, right back at you, Richie Rich, | 彼此彼此 富翁里奇 |
[00:29] | only I don’t think yours is a rental. | 不过你这套可不是租的 |
[00:33] | Did your girl buy it for you? ‘Cause, uh… | 你女人给你买的吗 因为… |
[00:35] | – we both know you can’t afford it. – Hey, how about, | – 你的经济状况我们心知肚明 – 你怎么不说 |
[00:37] | “Thank you so much, Richie, | “谢谢你 里奇 |
[00:38] | for hooking me up with this gig. | 给了我这么好的打工机会 |
[00:39] | I really needed the cash.” Right? | 我真的很需要钱” 对吧 |
[00:41] | – All right. – Come on, behave yourself. | – 好 – 好好干 |
[00:43] | I’m gonna introduce you to Layla. | 我来向你介绍莱拉 |
[00:44] | You couldn’t find an easier way to make a statement? | 你能不这么固执己见吗 |
[00:46] | You really think that’s what this is? | 你真觉得是这么回事吗 |
[00:48] | That I’d choose my fiancé | 我之所以选他做我的未婚夫 |
[00:49] | to make some sort of statement? Daddy, please. | 只是固执己见吗 爸爸 拜托 |
[00:51] | I can’t imagine you’d be with somebody like him. He’s a loser. | 我不相信你会看上他 他是个废物 |
[00:53] | That guy’s the loser, all right? Screw him. | 他才是个废物 去他的 |
[00:55] | Yeah? That guy’s my future father-in-law. | 他可是我未来的岳父 |
[00:57] | – We’ll pick this up later. – No… | – 我们一会再谈 – 不… |
[00:59] | Mom, please… | 妈妈 别… |
[01:02] | Layla, come on. Seriously? | 莱拉 拜托 你爸是怎么说话的 |
[01:04] | No, look, just relax, he didn’t mean it. He did mean it. | 别激动 那不是他的真心话 |
[01:06] | – He called me a loser. – I’m gonna talk to him some more. | – 他说我是个废物 – 我会再和他谈谈的 |
[01:09] | The lovebirds are really getting on. | 那对神仙眷侣可真是甜蜜 |
[01:13] | – Looks like it. – Layla! | – 可不是吗 – 莱拉 |
[01:15] | Wait! | 等等 |
[01:17] | Hey, wait! | 等等 |
[01:19] | Layla! | 莱拉 |
[01:20] | Layla, come back! | 莱拉 回来 |
[02:00] | All right, before you text him, just let me do some digging. | 在你给他发短信之前 让我先调查调查 |
[02:03] | No, Cable, promise me you won’t. | 不 凯博 向我保证你不会那么做 |
[02:04] | Who are we talking about here? | 你们在说谁 |
[02:06] | Remember that deceptive advertising lawsuit? | 还记得那个虚假广告的官司吗 |
[02:08] | Our client’s brother? | 我们客户的弟弟 |
[02:09] | Chunk’s going on a date with him. | 特朗科打算跟他约会 |
[02:11] | The guy with the shoulders. | 那个肩膀很宽的男人 |
[02:12] | I remember reading in his profile that… | 我记得他的档案上写着… |
[02:14] | No, please don’t. | 千万别 |
[02:15] | I don’t Google my dates, | 我不在网上调查我的约会对象 |
[02:16] | I don’t Facebook-stalk. | 我不做脸书跟踪这种事 |
[02:18] | I trust my gut, and let | 我相信我的直觉 |
[02:19] | the relationship develop, like a good novel. | 顺其自然 就像小说里那样 |
[02:21] | Chunk doesn’t realize that | 特朗科还没意识到 |
[02:23] | our tools from work can be used for play. | 我们的工作也可以在私生活中发挥作用 |
[02:24] | I don’t need recon for my dates. | 我用不着侦察自己的约会对象 |
[02:27] | I know how to read people. | 我很会看人的 |
[02:28] | Why waste time if there’s a deal breaker on day three? | 如果你提前知道你俩成不了 又何必浪费时间 |
[02:30] | My ex Greg and I had open access. | 我的前任格雷格和我就不藏着掖着 |
[02:32] | We allowed each other to look at our phones. | 我们允许对方看自己的手机 |
[02:34] | No wonder you broke up. | 难怪你们分手了 |
[02:35] | It was liberating. | 这会让你如释重负的 |
[02:36] | We already knew all the mundane stuff, | 我们对彼此的生活了如指掌 |
[02:38] | so we could have really in-depth conversations. | 这样才能好好聊天 |
[02:40] | That’s eerily romantic. | 真是诡异的浪漫 |
[02:43] | Oh, I need to find Dr. Bull. | 我得去找布尔博士了 |
[02:46] | We just got a job offer. | 工作来了 |
[02:50] | Newsfront correspondent, Jackson Norse, | 我们已连线现场记者 杰克逊·诺尔斯 |
[02:51] | joins us now. Jackson? | 杰克逊 |
[02:53] | Daughter of billionaire Gavin Everton | 亿万富翁加文·埃弗顿的女儿 |
[02:55] | was found brutally murdered outside a charity event. | 在慈善晚宴的会场外惨遭谋杀 |
[02:57] | Police have arrested her fiancé of two weeks, | 警方已逮捕了两周前刚和她订婚的 |
[03:00] | Richard Fleer. | 理查德·弗利尔 |
[03:05] | Richard was about to sign a plea, 20 years. | 理查德本来都打算认罪了 服刑二十年 |
[03:08] | It wasn’t enough for me, | 这完全不足以平息我的悲愤 |
[03:09] | but at least he was going away. | 但最起码他要去坐牢了 |
[03:10] | I still can’t believe she’s gone. | 我还是不能相信她走了 |
[03:14] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 请节哀 |
[03:17] | It’s unreal. This public defender | 这太假了 |
[03:19] | came out of the woodwork last week, | 公设辩护人已经很久没有接过案子了 |
[03:20] | and somehow convinced Richard to go to trial. | 但他却说服了理查德接受庭审 |
[03:22] | Doesn’t make any sense. | 这完全说不通 |
[03:24] | He confessed. | 他已经认罪了 |
[03:25] | Gracias, Sheila. | 谢谢 希拉 |
[03:26] | De nada, Señora Everton. | 不客气 埃弗顿夫人 |
[03:28] | We appreciate you asking us here | 感谢你们请我们来 |
[03:29] | to talk to you about how we can help you with the trial. | 向你们说明我们在庭审中发挥的作用 |
[03:32] | Though Gavin was only a witness in the previous litigation | 虽然加文是布尔博士之前处理的 |
[03:34] | Dr. Bull handled, | 一起官司中的唯一证人 |
[03:35] | Gavin said he never met anyone | 但加文说他从未遇到任何 |
[03:37] | who understood juries and trials the way you do. | 比你更了解陪审团和庭审的人 |
[03:39] | Well, it was just a case about somebody reneging on a deal. | 那不过是个关于一方出尔反尔的案子 |
[03:42] | We wouldn’t have won without you on our case. | 没有你的帮助 我们肯定无法获胜 |
[03:43] | You see things other people don’t see. | 你能发现别人忽略的东西 |
[03:46] | How did Richard and Layla meet? | 理查德和莱拉是怎么认识的 |
[03:48] | They met at a restaurant on the Upper East Side. | 他们是在上东区的一家餐厅里相遇的 |
[03:51] | A fancy place. He’s a line cook, works in the kitchen. | 一家高级餐厅 他是厨房里的流水线厨师 |
[03:54] | Richard was peeling potatoes. | 理查德负责削土豆 |
[03:56] | Had she fallen for guys like that before? | 她之前喜欢过这种类型的男人吗 |
[03:58] | Layla’s always had a rebellious streak, | 莱拉一直很叛逆 |
[04:01] | but she would’ve grown out of it. | 但她本该变成熟了 |
[04:02] | They were engaged, weren’t they? | 他们订婚了 是吗 |
[04:04] | I don’t know how he convinced her; | 我不知道他是怎么说服她的 |
[04:05] | they’d only known each other six months, | 他们才认识六个月而已 |
[04:06] | and it was so clear he was after her money. | 很显然 他想要的是她的家产 |
[04:10] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[04:11] | I got it. | 我来吧 |
[04:15] | If you take this on for us, | 如果你们同意接下这个案子 |
[04:17] | this should cover the fee. | 这些佣金应该足够了 |
[04:21] | And more. | 这远超我们的收费标准了 |
[04:23] | That’s very generous, Mr. Everton. | 您太客气了 埃弗顿先生 |
[04:25] | Our daughter deserves justice. | 我们要为女儿伸张正义 |
[04:27] | And if Richard and his attorney try to cheat the system, | 如果理查德和他的律师想钻法律的空子 |
[04:30] | you get that son of a bitch locked up for life. | 你就让那个混蛋老死在监狱里 |
[04:35] | This is Sam Perkins. | 这位是萨姆·帕金斯 |
[04:37] | District attorney’s office. | 来自地方检察院 |
[04:39] | I’ll be prosecuting the case. | 我是负责这起案子的检察官 |
[04:41] | Dr. Jason Bull. | 我是杰森·布尔博士 |
[04:43] | I saw your clear rate with convictions; | 我知道你负责的案子的定罪率极高 |
[04:45] | that’s very impressive. | 令人叹服 |
[04:48] | That’s my job. | 这是我的职责 |
[04:49] | They ship ’em in, I ship ’em out. | 警察抓人 我负责将他们送进监狱 |
[04:51] | And this one’s gonna go quick. | 这案子很快就能结案 |
[04:52] | Hmm, slam dunk, huh? | 小菜一碟 对吧 |
[04:54] | You can cash that check today. | 那支票你今天就能去兑现了 |
[04:56] | Well, since they went to the trouble of writing a check, | 既然他们特意写了支票 |
[04:57] | maybe I should take a minute or two | 我还是花点时间 |
[04:59] | and review the facts of the case as you see them. | 审阅一下案情吧 |
[05:03] | Layla and Richard were seen arguing at a charity gala. | 莱拉和理查德在一场慈善晚宴上起了争执 |
[05:07] | They’d been engaged less than two weeks. | 他们才订婚不到两个星期 |
[05:09] | And based on eyewitnesses, she was dumping him. | 证人的证词表明 她似乎想和他分手 |
[05:11] | And that’s when Layla ran out of the gala. | 而此时 莱拉跑出了晚宴现场 |
[05:13] | Yeah, it got heated. | 似乎吵得很凶 |
[05:14] | Richard chased her out, and an hour later, | 理查德追了出去 一小时后 |
[05:17] | Layla’s body was found around the corner. | 莱拉的尸体在街角被发现 |
[05:19] | Anyone see the murder? | 有人目击了这起谋杀吗 |
[05:20] | No. | 没有 |
[05:22] | But we got all we need on him. | 但我们有足够的证据逮捕他 |
[05:24] | So they picked up Richard on a park bench, | 他们在公园的长椅上逮捕了理查德 |
[05:26] | disoriented. | 他当时神情恍惚 |
[05:28] | And he had Layla’s blood on his shirt sleeves. | 而且他的衬衣袖子上沾有莱拉的血迹 |
[05:30] | The evidence is just gravy. | 嫌疑犯一主动认罪 |
[05:34] | When you have a confession. | 证据就只是意外之财了 |
[05:35] | Where’d you find the rebar? | 你是在哪找到钢筋的 |
[05:37] | There was a construction site nearby. | 附近有个建筑工地 |
[05:39] | That’s what you used to hit Layla? | 你用钢筋袭击了莱拉吗 |
[05:46] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[05:47] | It’s okay, Richard. | 没事的 理查德 |
[05:49] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[05:51] | You’ll feel so much better once you get it all out. | 坦白一切后 你就会如释重负的 |
[05:53] | Yeah, I killed her! | 对 我杀了她 |
[05:54] | Okay? | 可以了吧 |
[05:57] | I hit her on the head. She went down. | 我用钢筋打了她的头 她倒了下去 |
[06:00] | It’s all sort of a blur. I don’t know, I killed her. | 一切都变得模糊不清了 我不知道 我杀了她 |
[06:04] | Like I said, ship ’em in, ship ’em out. | 如我所说 警察抓人 我送他们进监狱 |
[06:07] | Really? Time-stamp says 1:19. | 真的吗 上面显示的时间是下午一点十九分 |
[06:10] | Police picked him up at 2:00 a.m. | 警察凌晨两点就逮捕了他 |
[06:12] | That’s 11 hours in the box. | 他被刑拘了十一个小时 |
[06:13] | Your detective didn’t let up. | 警探一刻都没松懈 |
[06:15] | Detective Murphy’s a good cop. | 墨菲警探很负责 |
[06:19] | Hmm. Still. | 就算如此 |
[06:22] | Can I please just have some water? | 能给我杯水吗 |
[06:24] | – Some water. – Of course. | – 请给我杯水吧 – 当然 |
[06:26] | Whatever you want. | 悉听尊便 |
[06:30] | 11 minutes or 11 hours… | 十一分钟或者十一个小时 这不重要 |
[06:32] | We got a confession. | 重要的是他认罪了 |
[06:39] | I want justice as much as the Evertons, Mr. Perkins. | 我同埃弗顿的家人与你一样 |
[06:42] | As much as you do. | 都想要公正的判决 |
[06:44] | Which is why I will take this case. | 因此我要接下这起案子 |
[06:48] | His case. | 为他辩护 |
[06:50] | What? | 什么 |
[06:53] | Oh, I’m hungry. You hungry? | 我饿了 你呢 |
[06:55] | I could go for something extravagant, | 让我们去吃顿大餐 |
[06:57] | like a wildebeest or a hippo. | 山珍海味 满汉全席之类的 |
[06:58] | – Bull? – What? | – 布尔 – 怎么了 |
[07:00] | We just gave up a huge payday. | 我们刚刚推掉了一大笔酬劳 |
[07:01] | Not to mention, the suspect confessed. | 不要说这个嫌疑犯已经认罪了 |
[07:04] | If you just murdered someone, would you go sleep on a park bench? | 你要是杀了人还能在长椅上睡得着吗 |
[07:07] | It’s hard to say; I’ve never murdered anyone. | 这很难说 毕竟我没杀过人 |
[07:09] | But don’t push me. | 你可别逼我开杀戒 |
[07:10] | The first thing he asked for after his confession was water. | 他认罪之后做的第一件事情是要水喝 |
[07:14] | Makes me wonder how much food and water he had | 我不禁在想 在这十一个小时之间 |
[07:16] | during his 11 hours of interrogation. | 他受到了什么非人待遇 |
[07:18] | 11 hours isn’t that long. When I was at Homeland Security, | 十一个小时而已 我在国安局工作的时候 |
[07:20] | we had suspects who took months to confess. | 有一个嫌犯过了一个月才认罪 |
[07:23] | Terrorists believe in a cause. | 你说的那是恐怖分子 |
[07:25] | Richard was a line cook who just lost his fiancée. | 理查德是个刚刚失去了未婚妻的流水线厨师 |
[07:28] | The facts line up too easily against this kid. | 种种证据直截了当地指向了这孩子 |
[07:30] | I know; most people hear a man confess to murder, | 我知道 大部分人听说一个人认了谋杀罪 |
[07:32] | and they think guilty. | 他们会想 这就是凶手 |
[07:33] | You hear a man confess, and you give up a fortune | 你听到一个人认罪 却放着一大笔钱不要 |
[07:35] | to represent him. | 去为他辩护 |
[07:38] | It’s great to be me, isn’t it? | 我真是个好人 对吧 |
[07:39] | Wait, where are we going? | 等等 你要上哪儿去 |
[07:40] | – Jail. – What? | – 监狱 – 什么 |
[07:45] | Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 |
[07:46] | I was surprised you wanted to meet with a confessed killer | 我听说你要来和一个自证有罪的杀人犯 |
[07:49] | and a lowly public defender. | 和一个籍籍无名的公共律师会面 惊讶的不得了 |
[07:50] | I hear the Evertons offered you a king’s ransom | 我听说埃弗顿家一掷千金 |
[07:52] | to put Richard away. | 求你帮理查德定罪 |
[07:54] | So I can’t imagine why you’d drag yourself down here. | 所以我理解不了你怎么会到这里来 |
[07:56] | It’s no time to be cynical, Isaac. | 现在可不是中二的时候 艾萨克 |
[07:58] | You don’t know it yet, but you just won the lottery. | 你还不知道自己这次可交了好运吧 |
[08:01] | Richard, how they treating you in here? | 理查德 他们对你还好吗 |
[08:03] | Food okay? | 吃的还行吗 |
[08:05] | Yeah, it’s fine. | 还可以 |
[08:09] | You used to cook Wagyu beef with balsamic reduction, | 你以前可是做日本和牛配浓缩酱汁的大厨 |
[08:12] | and now you’re eating rotten produce, fake cheese, | 现在他们给你吃腐坏的东西 伪劣奶酪 |
[08:15] | and drinking purple sugar-water. | 拿紫色的糖水当饮料喝 |
[08:17] | But it’s fine, huh? | 你觉得也还可以 |
[08:19] | Well, I guess we’ve learned | 不过这也没什么奇怪的 根据我们 |
[08:21] | one thing about you: | 对你为数不多的了解 |
[08:23] | you admit to things that aren’t true. | 你也不是第一次说假话了 |
[08:25] | Yeah, you probably should’ve just taken that money, then. | 对 所以你应该拿了那笔钱 |
[08:28] | Why? Because you’re guilty? | 为什么 因为你有罪吗 |
[08:32] | Layla… | 莱拉… |
[08:34] | she came from money… Serious money. | 她家很有钱 富甲一方 |
[08:38] | Your dad’s unemployed. | 你父亲是个无业游民 |
[08:40] | Brother did time for assault. | 你哥哥蹲过大牢 |
[08:42] | What was Layla Everton doing with a guy like you? | 为什么莱拉·埃弗顿会选择你这么一个人 |
[08:45] | We were in love. That’s what she was doing with me. | 我们相爱 这就是她选我的原因 |
[08:48] | Back off. | 退回去 |
[08:50] | – My client’s been through enough. – Agreed. Which is why | – 我的客户受了很多罪 – 我知道 所以 |
[08:53] | this should be the end of his nightmare and not the beginning. | 这应该是他噩梦的终结 而不是开始 |
[08:59] | – Why did you confess? – I don’t know. | – 你为什么认罪 – 我不知道 |
[09:02] | My head was all messed up. | 我的头脑一片混乱 |
[09:05] | It was like I was in a fog. | 云里雾里的 |
[09:06] | All I could think about was trying to get out of there | 我只想着快点离开那里 |
[09:08] | as quick as I could. | 越快越好 |
[09:10] | I kept asking them what happened to Layla. | 我一直在问他们 莱拉到底怎么死的 |
[09:12] | All that cop would say was, | 而那些警察不停地说 |
[09:14] | Well, you got to get that guilt off your chest? | 你得坦白你的罪行 |
[09:15] | You feel guilty about something? | 你觉得愧疚吗 |
[09:19] | Well, I’m the reason she was out on that street alone. | 是啊 要不是我 她也不会一个人到街上去 |
[09:21] | So, yeah. That was my fault. | 好吧 是我的错 |
[09:25] | I should’ve been there for her, but I did not kill Layla. | 我应该在她身边 但是我没有杀她 |
[09:28] | I loved her. | 我爱她 |
[09:30] | We are gonna show the jury | 我们要让陪审团看到 |
[09:31] | that the police set up Richard | 那些警察是怎么对待理查德的 |
[09:33] | because he was from the wrong side of the tracks | 因为他出身贫寒 |
[09:35] | and the Evertons never wanted | 埃弗顿一家从来不希望 |
[09:36] | him near their daughter. | 自己的女儿和他有任何瓜葛 |
[09:37] | No, Isaac. | 不对 艾萨克 |
[09:38] | If we make this about rich versus poor, | 如果我们把这个案子变成贫富矛盾 |
[09:40] | we lose. | 我们输定了 |
[09:40] | If we make it about money or class, we lose. | 把这变成金钱或者阶级斗争 也会一败涂地 |
[09:44] | They’re gonna make this about Richard’s confession. | 我们要把理查德的认罪当做重点 |
[09:46] | And that is what we’re gonna destroy. | 这才是我们要击垮的重点 |
[09:49] | It’s your lucky day. I’m gonna take this case. | 你真幸运 我要接下这个案子 |
[10:07] | One more keystroke, and all of the details | 一键之间 特朗科的约会实况 |
[10:09] | of Chunk’s date will be revealed. | 就能尽收眼前 |
[10:11] | – Cable, I told you that I don’t want… | – 凯博 我说过我不想… |
[10:12] | Yeah, yeah, you don’t want to know, | 是是是 你不想知道 |
[10:14] | but we do. Hit it, Cable. | 但是我们想 按键吧 凯博 |
[10:19] | – Oh, boy. – You’re not gonna bait me. | – 哇塞 – 你别想引我上钩 |
[10:23] | I don’t need recon for my date! | 我用不着侦察我的约会对象 |
[10:25] | How many people think Richard Fleer is guilty? | 多少人觉得理查德·弗利尔有罪 |
[10:30] | Really? | 讲真 |
[10:31] | It’s called job security. | 这是为了保住饭碗 |
[10:33] | Ah. I don’t believe this is why I hired you. | 我为什么要雇你们来着 |
[10:36] | Can I see a show of hands? | 举手示意一下好吗 |
[10:40] | That’s better. | 这才像样 |
[10:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:42] | Simple… the evidence led to Richard, | 这很明显 种种证据显示他有罪 |
[10:44] | and he caved within a day. Half a day. | 一天不到他就认罪了 最多坚持了半天 |
[10:46] | But the research says it’s much more complicated. | 但是研究显示事情没这么简单 |
[10:48] | Even when they know they’re innocent, | 即使知道自己无罪 |
[10:49] | 60% of people will end up confessing | 当种种证据都对他们不利的时候 |
[10:51] | when told there’s overwhelming evidence against them. | 百分之六十的人都会自证有罪 |
[10:54] | 60%? | 有百分之六十 |
[10:55] | 25% of convicts who are exonerated | 事实上百分之二十五的无罪释放者 |
[10:57] | actually confessed. | 都曾经自证有罪 |
[10:58] | I just can’t imagine confessing to a murder I didn’t commit. | 我无法想象自己会承认从来没有犯下的罪行 |
[11:01] | And that, my dear Cable, is what we are up against. | 凯博 这就是我们要对抗的现象 |
[11:04] | Everything else in this case is circumstantial. | 这个案子里的所有证据都是旁证 |
[11:06] | But when it comes to false confessions, | 但是当嫌疑犯承认自己没犯下的的罪行 |
[11:08] | it’s tricky. | 事情就有些难办 |
[11:09] | People know they happen; they just don’t know how. | 人们知道这种事情时有发生 但是不明白原因 |
[11:11] | If we focus solely on the confession, | 如果我们只关注供词 |
[11:13] | we’re missing the bigger picture. | 就遗漏了关键部分 |
[11:15] | – People know… – Isaac, take a breath. | – 人们知道… – 艾萨克 深呼吸 |
[11:18] | Dr. Bull, I don’t think you | 布尔博士 我觉得你 |
[11:19] | appreciate the opportunity this case gives us. | 不明白这个案子是个多么好的机会 |
[11:21] | Yes, I do. | 我明白 |
[11:22] | And there’s a time and a place for that. | 但是你要在合时宜的时候说 |
[11:24] | This is not the time. | 现在不合时宜 |
[11:26] | Our job is to get Richard a not-guilty verdict. | 我们的任务是让理查德取得无罪判决 |
[11:28] | And our mock trial has told us that | 我们的模拟庭审表明 |
[11:31] | we get that by focusing on the confession. | 我们要把重点放在认罪上 |
[11:33] | How do we show the confession was coerced? | 我们要怎样表现出他是被强迫认罪的 |
[11:35] | In voir dire. | 通过预先审查 |
[11:37] | We need to find people | 我们要找一些 |
[11:38] | who can relate to being coerced. | 能够理解被强迫是什么滋味的人 |
[11:39] | And then, Isaac, you and I | 然后 艾萨克 |
[11:40] | are gonna figure out what techniques were used | 我们要弄清楚他们都用了什么手段 |
[11:43] | to make Richard give that false confession. | 让理查德决定做出虚假供述 |
[11:45] | Then all we have to do is get the jury to understand | 然后我们要让陪审团明白 |
[11:48] | that if they were in the came circumstances, | 如果他们处于这样的情况之下 |
[11:50] | they might make a false confession. | 也可能做出虚假供述 |
[11:52] | Chunk, Cable, prepare for an 11-hour footage fest. | 特朗科 凯博做好连续十一小时录像的准备 |
[11:55] | Cull through every minute of Richard’s interrogation. | 理查德审讯当中的每一分钟都不要放过 |
[11:58] | I’ll make the popcorn. | 我去准备爆米花 |
[11:59] | No butter. Also, log every technique used | 不要奶油 还有 把审讯当中的所有 |
[12:01] | during the interrogation, would you? | 手段都记下来 可以吗 |
[12:04] | – Danny. – Yeah? | – 丹尼 – 怎么了 |
[12:05] | They never found the rebar used to kill Layla. | 他们没找到杀害莱拉的钢筋 |
[12:09] | – I’ll check the crime scene. – Nice. | – 我会检查一下犯罪现场 – 很好 |
[12:11] | Our culture is reaching a breaking point, Dr. Bull. | 我们马上就要取得突破了 布尔博士 |
[12:13] | So am I, Isaac. | 我也要取得突破了 艾萨克 |
[12:16] | Here’s the thing. You know what’s better than being right? | 这么说吧 你知道什么比正确更棒吗 |
[12:19] | Being right and winning. | 正确且胜利 |
[12:21] | So save your speech until you’re on those courthouse steps | 把你的演讲留到正式开庭 |
[12:24] | with your vindicated client by your side. | 跟你清白的客户分享吧 |
[12:27] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[12:29] | – Do you have a blue suit? – No. | – 你有蓝色的西装吗 – 没有 |
[12:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:32] | Chunk, we got to get him a better suit. | 特朗科 我们得给他弄件像样的西装 |
[12:35] | Detective Murphy, thanks for running me through the crime scene. | 墨菲警探 谢谢你带我来看犯罪现场 |
[12:38] | – You didn’t have to. – Yeah, I help out former cops, | – 你不必这么做的 – 我总会帮助卸任的警察 |
[12:40] | even if they were Feds. | 即使是联邦探员 |
[12:41] | Besides, someone on the force has to escort you. | 再说 总得有警官看着你才行 |
[12:43] | And it’s fun for me to see you come up empty-handed, you know? | 而且其实看你手无寸铁的样子还蛮有趣的 |
[12:45] | Usually, I only see the | 一般来说 我只能看到 |
[12:47] | Feds when they swoop in to muck up my case. | 联邦探员出现 搅黄我的案子 |
[12:49] | Solve them on your own, and you wouldn’t need us to swoop in. | 要是你们能自己解决 也就不需要我们出现了 |
[12:51] | – Okay. Uh-huh. – Is this where you found her body? | – 好吧 – 这就是你们发现尸体的地方吗 |
[12:55] | Right by the garbage bin. Tragic. | 就在垃圾桶边上 真惨 |
[13:01] | You guys think she was murdered with rebar? | 你们认为凶器是钢筋 |
[13:03] | Yeah. The head wound is consistent | 是的 头部伤口的 |
[13:04] | with the size and shape of pieces of rebar we found | 大小和形状都和我们 |
[13:07] | by the construction site nearby. | 在附近建筑工地发现的钢筋吻合 |
[13:09] | I don’t see any wall splatter from the rebar hits. | 但墙上没有死者头部被钢筋棍敲击喷溅的血迹 |
[13:11] | Well, we think he brought the rebar down | 据我们掌握的证据 |
[13:13] | on her head in a vertical fashion. | 凶手应该是用钢筋棍从上方 |
[13:15] | Far as we know. | 垂直敲击死者头部的 |
[13:17] | That’s why there was only blood on the Dumpster. | 所以只有垃圾桶上有血迹 |
[13:35] | Well, what do we have here? | 这是什么 |
[13:37] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:38] | What, do you see something? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[13:40] | Possibly. Here, give me a bag. | 这里好像有东西 给我个证物袋 |
[13:46] | What’d you find? | 你找到什么了 |
[13:48] | What the hell is that? | 这是什么东西 |
[13:50] | Could be something. Could be nothing. | 也许跟案子有关 也许无关 |
[13:53] | – I should probably take that in. – Yeah, you should. | – 我得把这个证物收好 – 没错 |
[14:08] | What’s all that? | 大包小包的是什么 |
[14:09] | Thought maybe you could make a snack. | 拿来给你做零食的原料 |
[14:15] | Plastic knife? | 要塑料餐刀干嘛 |
[14:16] | You are still in jail. | 监狱里只能用塑料的了 |
[14:21] | That’s the good stuff. | 都是上等的材料 |
[14:23] | So… are you trained classically? | 从小就拿昂贵食材来练习下厨吗 |
[14:27] | Uh, no. Growing up, our, uh, our big night out | 我是穷人家的孩子 小时候能去时时乐 |
[14:30] | was the buffet at Sizzler. | 吃一次快餐牛排都是很奢侈的 |
[14:31] | Mm. Well, from the buffet to fine dining. | 从贫民窟一路奋斗到到富人区 |
[14:34] | – You’ve come a long way. – Yeah, right. | – 一定很不容易吧 – 没错 |
[14:36] | I was working at this place called Pasco’s for a few years. | 我在一家叫帕斯科家的餐厅干过几年 |
[14:39] | I started out as a junior chef, and, uh, | 刚开始是初级厨师 |
[14:42] | been climbing my way up, you know. | 然后努力向上爬 |
[14:43] | That’s where you met Layla. | 最后在那儿遇到了莱拉 |
[14:45] | She, uh… | 她… |
[14:47] | She came in one night on a bad date, | 那晚她约会不顺 |
[14:49] | and I was, uh, I was on a break, | 碰巧我忙里偷闲的时候 |
[14:51] | and I saw this guy making moves at her. | 看到那个男的正一个劲地挑逗她 |
[14:53] | And it was pretty clear that she wasn’t into him, so I… | 但很明显她对那人没兴趣 所以我… |
[14:56] | I rescued her. | 我挺身而出了 |
[14:57] | She hung around until my shift was over, | 她就一直等到我轮完班 |
[15:00] | and, uh, I made us a meal. | 我亲自下厨做了晚餐 |
[15:04] | And that was our first date. | 那是我们的初次约会 |
[15:05] | Little did you know, she was a billionaire’s daughter. | 但你却不知道她是亿万富翁的女儿 |
[15:08] | She never made that a thing between us. | 莱拉从来不觉得那会是个障碍 |
[15:09] | Money didn’t matter to Layla. | 她视金钱如粪土 |
[15:12] | Why else would she want to marry a broke cook like me, right? | 要不然她怎么会愿意和我这个穷厨子结婚 |
[15:14] | Maybe ’cause she saw something in you. | 也许因为她看到了你身上的闪光点 |
[15:17] | I don’t know. I mean, she always said she wanted to invest in me. | 我也不清楚 但她一直都说希望资助我 |
[15:19] | Open up a restaurant together, but I… I just didn’t want | 和我一起经营餐厅 但我拒绝了 我不希望 |
[15:22] | our relationship to be about that. | 别人认为我和她在一起是为了钱 |
[15:24] | All right, hang on. | 稍等 |
[15:27] | There. | 请用 |
[15:28] | Smoked salmon tartare with an incarcerated dill sauce. | 生熏三文鱼粒配小茴香鞑靼酱 |
[15:33] | All right, here we go. | 来尝尝吧 |
[15:37] | Very well done. | 美味极了 |
[15:39] | Look at that smile. | 多么灿烂的笑容啊 |
[15:41] | That’s the Richard we need to see in court. | 这才是我们想在庭审中展现出的那个理查德 |
[15:43] | Confident, believes in himself. | 自信 而又光明磊落 |
[15:46] | The jury’s only seen you fall apart | 陪审团只看到了认罪视频里 |
[15:48] | in the confession video. | 你绝望崩溃的那一面 |
[15:49] | I think it’s time they see the real you. | 现在是时候让他们看看你最真实的样子了 |
[15:54] | – Voila! – Um… | – 看看姐的杰作 – 嗯… |
[15:57] | I don’t get it. | 我没看明白 |
[15:58] | – The screens all look the same. – No, no. | – 看上去没什么区别 – 才不是呢 |
[16:00] | No, no. I just spent the last 36 hours | 区别很大 我用了整整三十六小时的时间 |
[16:02] | installing the tech Coercion Coefficient. | 完成了这套测量受高压干扰指数系统 |
[16:06] | Well, maybe an explanation in English would help. | 能说人话吗 |
[16:08] | This is the key to Richard’s freedom. | 这是这次庭审制胜的关键所在 |
[16:11] | We can now assess every juror’s susceptibility to coercion. | 这套系统可以测出每位陪审员的受高压干扰指数 |
[16:14] | It evaluates language patterns, how often our jurors | 系统通过评估陪审员的生活经验 比如 |
[16:18] | fall prey to Internet scams, | 他们遭受网络诈骗的机率 |
[16:20] | their inability to hang up on telemarketers. | 还有拒绝电话推销员的能力 |
[16:22] | – I mean, the works. – Wait. | – 结果相当准确 – 稍等 |
[16:23] | So the more gullible a juror is, | 也就是说越容易上当受骗的陪审员 |
[16:24] | the more likely they are to relate to Richard? | 越能够理解理查德的遭遇喽 |
[16:26] | Not just gullible, but susceptible. | 不是容易上当受骗的 是易受影响的 |
[16:28] | Look, we need people who can understand | 听着 我们需要的是能够理解 |
[16:31] | how Richard could confess to a crime | 理查德是如何在被逼供的情况下 |
[16:32] | that he didn’t even commit, under the right circumstances. | 承认他并未犯下罪行的陪审员 |
[16:35] | If the coefficient’s above eight, muy bueno. | 如果陪审员的指数大于八 情况对我们很有利 |
[16:38] | If it’s below three, no muy bueno. | 如果低于三 情况就不妙了 |
[16:41] | Benny. | 本尼 |
[16:42] | These are voir dire questions. Get them to Isaac. | 这是预先审查要用的问题 拿给艾萨克 |
[16:44] | – Oh, this will be fun. – Mm-hmm. | – 有好戏看了 – 没错 |
[16:49] | You may proceed with the questions, Counselor. | 你可以继续提问了 律师 |
[16:52] | What if I were to tell you | 我要问的是 |
[16:53] | that while we were sitting here in court, | 假如你们坐在庭审时 |
[16:55] | your car was being towed outside? | 自己的车被拖到外面去了 你会怎么做 |
[16:58] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[16:59] | He’s antagonizing the jury pool. | 他在惹恼陪审团 |
[17:01] | Is he serious? Did I get my car towed? | 他是说真的吗 我的车被拖走了吗 |
[17:03] | Yes, Counselor, are you serious? | 律师 你真的把他的车拖走了吗 |
[17:05] | Uh, it’s a hypothetical. | 只是假设而已 |
[17:07] | No one’s car was towed. | 大家的车都好好的 |
[17:10] | Rocco from Long Island. | 从长岛来的罗科 |
[17:12] | How low’s his co-co? | 他的受干指数有多低 |
[17:13] | – His what? – His co-co. | – 他的什么 – 受干指数 |
[17:15] | Coercion coefficient. | 他的受高压干扰指数 |
[17:17] | His ability to be forced into undesirable situations. | 在陷入被逼供 |
[17:21] | Like a false confession, | 或被逼婚的麻烦时 |
[17:22] | and, or, you know, marriage | 他的抵抗能力指数怎样 |
[17:23] | Uh, cute. | 有意思 |
[17:25] | I like it… co-co. | 我喜欢这个叫法 受干指数 |
[17:26] | Uh, his is 8.4. It’s very good for us. | 八点四 他对我们很有用 |
[17:30] | Now, gathering from his Facebook posts, | 从他发布的脸书消息来看 |
[17:32] | he complained when his company went to 30-minute lunches, | 他吐槽了公司把午餐时间缩短到三十分钟 |
[17:35] | and he was demoted… twice. | 他被降职过…两次 |
[17:38] | – Still works there. – Demoted twice. | – 但还是没有离职 – 降职两次 |
[17:40] | Didn’t leave. Lemming. | 却没有走 看来是个盲目从众者 |
[17:43] | Poor guy would walk off a bridge | 如果有人命令他从桥上跳下去 |
[17:44] | if someone told him to. | 这个傻瓜也一定会照做的 |
[17:45] | I’d walk off a bridge | 布尔 我也愿意为你 |
[17:46] | – for you, Bull. – Yes, that’s because | – 从桥上跳下去的 – 那是 |
[17:48] | I’d be under it, waiting to catch you. | 因为你知道我会在桥下接住你的 |
[17:50] | And you’d both die from the fall. | 然后你们一起葬身桥下 |
[17:52] | Cable. | 凯博 |
[17:53] | What? I’m stating facts. | 干嘛 我说的是实话 |
[17:55] | – She’s wrong; I’m very strong. – Okay. | – 她错了 我壮实着呢 – 好吧 |
[17:57] | Let me rephrase. | 我重说一遍 |
[17:59] | Is it hypothetically possible | 打个比方来说 有没有可能 |
[18:01] | you could have misread the juror parking signs | 你看错了指示牌没把车停在陪审员停车位上 |
[18:03] | and have gotten your car towed? | 所以车被拖走了呢 |
[18:05] | I thought I followed the directions. | 我记得我是按照指示停的车啊 |
[18:07] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[18:11] | Maybe not. | 不大确定 |
[18:12] | Caved in 30 seconds. | 不到三十秒就屈服了 |
[18:14] | Welcome to the jury, Rocco. | 罗科 欢迎加入陪审团 |
[18:16] | Uh, acceptable to the defense. | 通过辩方审查 |
[18:19] | Now, sir, excuse me. Let me ask you one question. | 打扰下 先生 问你个问题 |
[18:22] | No. Now don’t even try that. | 不用问了 我不吃那一套 |
[18:24] | If you towed my car, | 不管是谁干的 |
[18:25] | you have until I walk out of this room | 他最好在我走出这间屋子之前 |
[18:27] | to bring it back. | 把车给我拖回来 |
[18:28] | Arnold’s a shift manager | 阿诺德是家小零售店的 |
[18:30] | for a small retailer. | 值班经理 |
[18:31] | Oversees eight employees. | 他管理着八个职员 |
[18:33] | Co-co of 1.9. | 受干指数一点九 |
[18:35] | Mm-mm. | 用不了 |
[18:36] | Immune to excuses, even if they’re explanations. | 即使有情可原 他也不会听人解释的 |
[18:40] | This guy’s never gonna see Richard as anything but guilty. | 这家伙只会死死咬定理查德是有罪的 |
[18:43] | Uh, we move to strike this juror. | 我方要求排除这位陪审员 |
[18:46] | Ma’am, I know | 这位女士 |
[18:47] | we’re told to avoid pyramid schemes… | 虽然我们都知道要警惕金字塔式骗局 |
[18:51] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[18:53] | Heard we got nine jurors who, uh, scored high on the co-co. | 听说我们搞到了九位受干指数极高的陪审员 |
[18:56] | That’s encouraging. | 是个令人振奋的消息 |
[18:57] | We still got three who are almost impossible | 但同时还有三位绝对不会相信 |
[18:59] | to convince Richard falsely confessed. | 理查德是被逼供认罪的陪审员 |
[19:00] | How’d your crime-scene tour with Murphy go? | 你跟墨菲在犯罪现场有什么发现吗 |
[19:02] | Well, I think I figured out | 我终于知道 |
[19:03] | why the cops didn’t find the murder weapon, because… | 为什么警察找不到凶器了 因为… |
[19:06] | that’s the murder weapon. | 这就是凶器 |
[19:08] | Garbage bin? | 垃圾桶吗 |
[19:09] | I think the killer smashed her head against it. | 我觉得凶手是按着她的头部朝垃圾桶上撞击致死的 |
[19:15] | See how her wound matches | 你看她头部的伤痕和 |
[19:16] | the bar on the garbage bin? | 垃圾桶上的杠子刚好吻合 |
[19:18] | Prosecution know about this? | 控方知道这事吗 |
[19:20] | – Well, I didn’t want to tip my theory. – Hmm. | – 我不想小题大做 – 嗯 |
[19:22] | And it doesn’t necessarily exonerate Richard. | 再说 这又不能帮理查德脱罪 |
[19:24] | Well, it makes a better story than the rebar. | 至少比用钢筋棍杀人的说法站得住脚 |
[19:26] | – Can we test it for DNA? – Nope. | – 我们可以检查上面有没有死者的DNA吗 – 不能 |
[19:28] | It’s rained since; washed everything away. | 凶案后下过雨 雨水把血迹都冲刷掉了 |
[19:30] | Bummer. | 真讨厌 |
[19:31] | What do you make of Murphy? | 你觉得墨菲怎么样 |
[19:32] | I like the guy. I have a lot of friends like him, you know? | 我挺喜欢他的 我有很多像他那样的朋友 |
[19:35] | I mean, I get why he thinks | 我能够理解为什么 |
[19:36] | that rebar was, uh, used as the murder weapon. | 他会把钢筋棍认作是凶器 |
[19:38] | There’s a lot of leftover construction material | 毕竟凶案现场附近有很多被遗弃的 |
[19:40] | around the crime scene. | 建筑材料 |
[19:41] | Murphy thinks he got the right guy. | 墨菲觉得他没抓错人 |
[19:43] | Oh. | 对了 |
[19:45] | I also found this… | 我还找到这个 |
[19:46] | wedged in the garbage can… You see? | 插在垃圾桶上 你看 |
[19:48] | – Is that glass? – Yeah. | – 那是玻璃吗 – 是的 |
[19:49] | I can see why the cops missed that. | 我能理解为什么警察漏掉了 |
[19:51] | – I almost did. – Well, let’s show this photo | – 我也差点没看到 – 好 把这个照片 |
[19:53] | to a glass expert. | 给一个玻璃专家看看 |
[19:54] | That’s where I’m headed. | 这就是我正要做的 |
[19:55] | Always a step ahead. | 总是想在前面 |
[19:56] | And let’s find a non-damning reason why Richard | 再找出一个理查德的衣袖上 |
[19:59] | would have Layla’s blood on his shirt sleeve. | 沾有莱拉血迹的不会被定罪的原因 |
[20:01] | Dr. Bull, we trusted you, | 布尔博士 我们信任你 |
[20:03] | and you decided to help the killer. What about Layla?! | 但是你决定帮助这个凶手 我们家莱拉怎么办 |
[20:05] | Mrs. Everton, I know this is difficult for both of you, but | 埃弗顿夫人 我知道这对你们而言很难接受 |
[20:08] | certain things are gonna come to light during… | 但是有些事情会等到真相大白… |
[20:10] | Son of a bitch! | 混蛋 |
[20:22] | Are you sure you don’t want to go to the E.R.? | 你确定你不要去急诊室吗 |
[20:23] | Your jaw could be broken. | 你的下巴可能会骨折 |
[20:24] | It’s not broken. I’ve been punched before. | 不会骨折 我以前也被打过 |
[20:27] | Girlfriends don’t count. | 女朋友揍的可不算 |
[20:28] | Speaking of girlfriends, I think I figured out | 说到女朋友 我想我知道 |
[20:29] | why Richard has Layla’s blood on his shirt. | 为什么理查德的衬衣上会沾上莱拉的血了 |
[20:31] | She was helping to clean up a piece of broken glass. | 她曾帮忙清扫一片碎玻璃 |
[20:33] | Look at that. See how she’s grabbing his arm? | 看这个 看她是怎么挽着他的手臂的 |
[20:35] | Well done. | 干得漂亮 |
[20:37] | Now we can focus on dismantling the confession. | 现在让我们来粉碎这个供认 |
[20:39] | How is our jury looking? | 我们的陪审团怎么看 |
[20:41] | Well, after hearing opening arguments, | 在听了开庭陈述后 |
[20:42] | we have two jurors suspicious enough of police behavior | 有两个陪审员对警方的行为产生怀疑 |
[20:46] | that they’re already inclined to believe | 以至他们已经倾向于相信 |
[20:47] | that Richard was coerced into confession. | 理查德是被迫招供的 |
[20:50] | In a trial where I expected to be at 12-zero, | 我预想的审讯结果是十二比零 |
[20:51] | I’d say we have a head start. | 我觉得我们已经领先了 |
[20:53] | Seven others tested high on our co-co. | 其他七个人在我们的受干测试中都是高分 |
[20:55] | Ah. Coercion coefficient? | 受高压干扰指数 |
[20:57] | – It’s cute. – Thank you. | – 很可爱 – 谢谢 |
[20:59] | But even though they tested high, they are open to hearing | 但即使他们的分数测出来都高 他们还是会听从 |
[21:01] | both sides of the argument. | 双方的辩论 |
[21:03] | They want proof that Detective Murphy forced that confession. | 他们想要证明墨菲警官强行逼供 |
[21:07] | We have our work cut out for us, | 我们面临的任务有一些挑战 |
[21:08] | but I’m confident we can sway them. | 不过我有信心我们可以动摇他们 |
[21:10] | The three I am worried about are… | 我比较担心的三个人是 |
[21:11] | Lily, Wendy and Doug. | 莉莉 温迪和道格 |
[21:13] | They’re the ones we have to focus our language on. | 他们是我们需要特别说服的人 |
[21:15] | Doug played hockey for Boston College. | 道格曾在波士顿大学打曲棍球 |
[21:17] | He’s performed well under pressure, | 他抗压能力强 |
[21:19] | and has a hard time understanding | 很难理解 |
[21:20] | how Richard could crack. | 为什么理查德会崩溃 |
[21:21] | Wendy, 42, programmer, believes in systems and order. | 温迪 四十二岁 程序员 相信系统和秩序 |
[21:26] | She was one of the bombs we weren’t able to defuse in voir dire. | 她也曾是我们在预先审查中难以排出的一个炸弹 |
[21:30] | These are the hills we climb. | 这些都是我们需要挑战的 |
[21:32] | I’m gonna go have a serious talk with our own Clarence Darrow. | 我现在要去跟我们的克拉伦斯·丹诺来一次认真的谈话 |
[21:35] | Detective Murphy used four psychological techniques | 墨菲警官用了四个心理学审讯技术 |
[21:39] | to get Richard to make a false confession. | 来让理查德做出虚假供述 |
[21:41] | You’re gonna use ’em on me? | 你要对我用这些吗 |
[21:42] | No. You are gonna make Murphy acknowledge | 不 你要让墨菲在法庭上 |
[21:47] | that he used each and every one of them | 承认他用了它们中的 |
[21:49] | in court. | 每一个 |
[21:51] | We know that at least nine members of our jury have been | 我们知道 我们的陪审团中至少有九位成员 |
[21:53] | tricked or coerced at some point in their lives. | 他们的生活中曾被欺骗或强迫过 |
[21:57] | And when they come to understand | 等他们了解到 |
[21:59] | that Murphy used these techniques | 墨菲用了这些技巧 |
[22:00] | to get a false confession out of Richard, | 来让理查德作出虚假供述 |
[22:05] | they’re gonna be on our side. | 他们就会站在我们这头 |
[22:09] | Detective Murphy, let’s talk about the 11 hours you spent… | 墨菲警官 来谈谈那十一个小时 |
[22:11] | The 11 hours you spent | 你引诱我客户 |
[22:13] | eliciting a confession from my client. | 认罪的那十一个小时 |
[22:15] | For murder. Sure. | 谋杀 当然 |
[22:17] | How many times did Richard tell you he was innocent? | 理查德跟你说过多少次他是无辜的 |
[22:19] | I couldn’t tell you. What I do know | 我无法告诉你 但是我知道 |
[22:22] | is that he said he was guilty. | 他说过他是有罪的 |
[22:24] | Once. | 一次 |
[22:25] | But before that, | 但在那之前 |
[22:29] | Richard told you he did not kill Layla Everton. | 理查德告诉你他没有杀害莱拉·埃弗顿 |
[22:32] | – Does that sound about right? – That sound about right? | – 这听上去合理吗 – 听上去合理吗 |
[22:34] | That’s when you hit Murphy with the first bullet point. | 这就是你可以击中墨菲的第一点 |
[22:37] | – Mental exhaustion. – Mental exhaustion! | – 精疲力竭 – 精疲力竭 |
[22:40] | Wear your subject down, am I right? | 把你的目标拖垮 我说得没错吧 |
[22:43] | Guilty is guilty, no matter when you say it. | 不管你什么时候承认 有罪就是有罪 |
[22:47] | Then you move on | 然后你就可以进入 |
[22:48] | to technique number two… The promise of escape. | 第二个技巧 保证释放 |
[22:51] | Detective Murphy, once Richard | 墨菲警官 一旦理查德 |
[22:54] | was exhausted, uncomfortable, | 精疲力尽 不适 |
[22:56] | claustrophobic, did you… | 感到幽闭恐惧 你有没有 |
[22:57] | Tell him that the only way he could escape | 告诉他 他可以离开的唯一办法 |
[22:59] | was by admitting he killed Layla? | 就是承认他杀了莱拉 |
[23:01] | You asking if I trapped him? | 你是在问我有没有困住他 |
[23:03] | I did not. | 我没有 |
[23:05] | I told him it would feel better to tell the truth. | 我告诉他 如果把真相说出来会感觉好一些 |
[23:09] | I told you already I didn’t kill Layla. | 我已经告诉过你我没有杀莱拉 |
[23:11] | Will you please just let me go home? | 可以请你让我回家吗 |
[23:13] | Hey, listen, until you admit | 听着 除非你承认 |
[23:15] | what you did to her, you’re not going anywhere. | 你对她做了什么 你哪儿也别想去 |
[23:16] | Well, it looks like we can check off box number two. | 好了 看上去我们可以给第二点打钩了 |
[23:21] | Then there’s tactic number three… offer a reward. | 然后是审讯技巧三 给出奖励 |
[23:25] | Detective Murphy, isn’t that exactly what you did | 墨菲警官 这不就是 |
[23:28] | right here? | 你在这里所做的吗 |
[23:29] | So, uh… | 那个… |
[23:31] | Please. I’m really thirsty. | 求求你 我真的很渴 |
[23:33] | Start talking about what happened in that alley, | 来说说那个巷子里发生了什么 |
[23:35] | and I’ll get you a gallon of water if you want. | 如果你想要一加仑的水我都可以给你 |
[23:37] | Will you look at that? | 你瞧瞧啊 |
[23:39] | Three out of four. | 四个中已经占了三个了 |
[23:41] | One more for the clean sweep. | 再用一个来取得胜利 |
[23:43] | Let’s talk about your final technique… forcing language. | 来说说你最后的审讯技巧… 强迫供词 |
[23:47] | Did you feed Richard the language that wound up | 你有没有让理查德在供词中 |
[23:50] | – exactly… – Precisely, verbatim | – 完全 – 准确的 一字不差的 |
[23:52] | in his confession? | 按照你的话说 |
[23:55] | It doesn’t matter what I said to Richard. | 我对理查德说了什么并不重要 |
[23:57] | Okay? If you’re innocent, you’ll say so, | 明白吗 如果你是无辜的 你就会这么说 |
[24:00] | – no matter what. – Even after 11 hours? | – 不管怎么 – 即使是在十一个小时审讯过后 |
[24:03] | Go visit a prison. | 自己去监狱看看 |
[24:05] | Every killer behind bars | 每个牢房里面的凶手 |
[24:07] | swears he didn’t do it. | 都会发誓他没有做过 |
[24:10] | Richard just found out he lost his fiancée… | 理查德刚发现他失去了他的未婚妻 |
[24:13] | I agree with the detective. | 我同意这个警官 |
[24:14] | I don’t care how hard you push me. | 我不管你怎么使劲逼我 |
[24:16] | If I didn’t do it, I’m never confessing. | 如果我没有做过 我打死也不会认罪 |
[24:19] | And you prodded and you twisted his words, | 你还刺激扭曲他的话 |
[24:21] | until he didn’t think there was any other way out. | 直到他觉得没有别的办法可以出去 |
[24:25] | Did you ever consider | 你有没有想过 |
[24:26] | that maybe you were pushing an innocent man to confess | 也许你是在强迫一个无辜的人去承认 |
[24:30] | to a crime he didn’t commit? | 一件他从没有犯下的罪 |
[24:33] | Never. | 从没有 |
[24:38] | I’m withholding judgment until I hear from Richard. | 我会等到听了理查德的解释后再下判断 |
[24:40] | Something about him… | 我感觉他… |
[24:42] | He just looks guilty. | 他看上去就像有罪的 |
[24:48] | Well, how can three people still not be convinced? | 为什么还有三个人没有被说服 |
[24:50] | They want to hear from you. | 他们想亲耳听你说 |
[24:52] | Well, if they want to hear from me, then I want to do it. | 好吧 如果他们想要听我的解释 我就解释给他们听 |
[24:54] | I’m concerned you’re not ready. You’re too emotionally raw. | 我担心你还没有准备好 你太情绪化了 |
[24:57] | Well, you can work with me. | 你可以帮助我 |
[24:58] | Chunk says you’re the best person alive at witness prep. | 特朗科说你是如今最会做证人准备的人 |
[25:01] | Can show you what the prosecution’s gonna be like | 我可以让你看看检察官在法庭上是什么样的 |
[25:03] | in court, but you’re not gonna like it. | 但是你不会喜欢的 |
[25:07] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[25:12] | So when Gavin Everton said to you | 当加文·埃弗顿告诉你 |
[25:16] | you weren’t good enough for his daughter, | 你配不上他的女儿的时候 |
[25:18] | it got you angry, didn’t it? | 你很生气 对吧 |
[25:20] | I don’t care what Gavin Everton thinks. | 我不管加文·埃弗顿怎么想 |
[25:22] | Yeah, you looked around. | 是啊 当你环顾四周 |
[25:24] | All of those rich girls | 所有这些有钱的女孩 |
[25:27] | and all her rich friends, the way they look down at you, | 还有她们有钱的朋友 她们看不起你的样子 |
[25:30] | and thought that maybe that’s how Layla sees you. | 然后想到可能莱拉也是这么看你的 |
[25:32] | No. No, sir. | 不 不是的 先生 |
[25:34] | Um… she loved me. We were engaged. | 她爱我 我们订婚了 |
[25:37] | Oh, for, what, like, two weeks? | 那又怎样 才两个星期 |
[25:38] | It was already falling apart. | 就已经开始吵架了 |
[25:39] | – Hey, come on. – I think what happened | – 嘿 拜托 – 我认为实际上 |
[25:41] | is that what Gavin said got to you. | 是加文说中你了 |
[25:43] | And you knew that Gavin was right, | 你知道加文是对的 |
[25:44] | because deep down, it struck a nerve. | 因为在内心深处 他刺痛了你的神经 |
[25:46] | He was right. You don’t belong | 他是对的 你配不上 |
[25:49] | with a girl like Layla, not a guy like you. | 莱拉这样的女孩 没有一个男人像你这样 |
[25:51] | You don’t deserve her. | 你配不上她 |
[25:51] | It wasn’t like that… It was not… | 不是这样的 不是… |
[25:53] | So, when you followed her into the alley… | 所以 当你跟着她进入巷子… |
[25:54] | I didn’t… I didn’t follow her into the alley… | 我没有… 我没有跟着她走进巷子… |
[25:56] | You said on the video you followed her into the alley. | 你在视频中说过你跟着她走进巷子 |
[25:58] | Were you lying then, or are you lying now? | 你当时在撒谎 还是现在在撒谎 |
[26:00] | – I wasn’t lying. I’m trying to… – Come on! Tell me the truth! | – 我没有撒谎 我是想… – 够了 告诉我实话 |
[26:02] | Just say it. Let’s get this charade over with. | 说出来吧 别在这给我装模作样了 |
[26:04] | You followed her into the alley, you didn’t mean to do it, | 你跟着她进入了巷子 你不是故意这么做的 |
[26:07] | but that’s what happened! | 但是发生了什么 |
[26:08] | Okay, what do you want me to say, huh? I killed her?! | 好吧 你想让我说什么 我杀了她吗 |
[26:10] | Okay, I dragged her body to the garbage | 好 我把她的尸体像扔垃圾一样 |
[26:12] | like a piece of trash! Is that it?! | 拽到垃圾桶旁边 行了吧 |
[26:19] | Jury’s gonna love that. | 陪审团会喜欢你这一套说辞的 |
[26:22] | That’s what I mean by motionally raw. | 这就是说你有原始冲动的原因 |
[26:23] | Wait a minute. | 稍等 |
[26:28] | How do you know her body was dragged? | 你怎么知道她的尸体被拖动了 |
[26:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:34] | Well, we never talked about that. | 我们从来没有谈到过这个 |
[26:36] | It was never mentioned in court. | 在庭审上也没有提过 |
[26:39] | Murphy must have told me. Look, what does it matter? | 墨菲和我说的 这有什么关系吗 |
[26:46] | Taking apart Murphy on the stand gained us two jurors, | 庭审上对墨菲的回击让我们赢得了两个陪审员 |
[26:49] | but we still have five undecided and three locked against us. | 但是还有五个人立场不定 三个反对我们 |
[26:52] | During the interrogation, Detective Murphy told Richard | 审讯期间 墨菲警探告诉理查德 |
[26:55] | that Layla’s body had been dragged. | 莱拉的尸体被拖动过了 |
[26:57] | Okay. | 然后呢 |
[26:58] | Well, that information wasn’t available | 这个信息在他供认的两天之后 |
[27:00] | until two days after his confession, | 才对外公布 |
[27:02] | because it was only in the M.E.’s report. | 而且只出现在尸检报告上 |
[27:05] | If the information wasn’t available until two days later, | 如果这个信息在两天之后才对外公布 |
[27:08] | how did Murphy know she was dragged? | 墨菲是怎么知道她的尸体被拖拽的呢 |
[27:10] | Somebody must have told him. | 一定是有人告诉他的 |
[27:11] | So, either Murphy is hiding a witness… | 所以 要么墨菲隐瞒了一位证人 |
[27:15] | Or he’s protecting Layla’s actual killer. | 要么他在包庇杀死莱拉的真正罪犯 |
[27:30] | We have shown the jury | 我们已经向陪审团展示过 |
[27:32] | what Detective Murphy did | 警探墨菲是如何 |
[27:34] | to get a confession, and they still find him credible, | 获取的口供 但是他们仍然认为他很可信 |
[27:37] | which is incredible, so what do you think? | 真是难以置信 你们怎么想 |
[27:39] | Is Murphy protecting | 墨菲是不是在包庇 |
[27:40] | someone with intimate knowledge of the murder? | 掌握着凶手信息的人 |
[27:42] | No. I don’t think he’s knowingly protecting the killer. | 不 我觉得他不是有意要包庇罪犯 |
[27:44] | My guess is he has a criminal informant | 我猜测 他有一位线人 |
[27:46] | whose identity he wants to keep under wraps. | 而且他不愿意公布这位线人的身份 |
[27:48] | Every witness should have | 每一位目击者 |
[27:49] | been logged in his police report, even Cls. | 都必须录入报告里 即便是线人 |
[27:51] | Oh, that’s interesting. | 那这就有意思了 |
[27:52] | If we can prove that he deliberately omitted | 如果我们能证明他在写报告时 |
[27:55] | a criminal informant and key witness in his report, well, | 故意遗漏犯罪信息和重要的目击证人 |
[27:59] | ruins his credibility, and it’ll swing the rest of the jury. | 那么就会摧毁它的可信度 动摇其他陪审团的成员 |
[28:02] | You want to put Murphy back on the stand. | 你想要墨菲再次出庭 |
[28:04] | You really think that would swing the jury? | 你真的认为这样可以动摇陪审团吗 |
[28:05] | Last time I had him up on the witness stand, | 上一次他站在证人席上 |
[28:07] | I took him apart piece by piece. | 我们那么细致的剖析了他的作为 |
[28:08] | It only won us two jurors. | 也只赢得了两位陪审员而已 |
[28:10] | Now we can attack his credibility, | 现在我们可以攻击他的可信度 |
[28:11] | not just his technique. | 而不仅仅是他的手段 |
[28:13] | You can take him, Isaac. I can walk you through it. | 你能拿下他 艾萨克 我帮你 |
[28:15] | It’s just, I’ve been up against cops like this. They’re Teflon. | 只是 我对付过这类警察 他们非常难搞 |
[28:18] | The jury wants to believe them. | 陪审团乐于相信他们 |
[28:20] | Danny, put up Lily’s info. | 丹尼 读取一下莉莉的信息 |
[28:24] | Her boyfriend lost his job, they had a massive fight, and | 她男朋友丢了工作 两人吵了很多次架 |
[28:27] | she just filed a restraining order this morning. | 并且今早 她刚提交了制止令 |
[28:29] | So, talking about Richard’s money problems | 所以 我们谈理查德的经济问题 |
[28:31] | – is not gonna move her. – But Murphy’s misconduct will. | – 不会打动她 – 但是可以谈墨菲的渎职 |
[28:36] | It’s time to come clean, Richard. | 是时候坦白了 理查德 |
[28:39] | I didn’t kill Layla. | 我没有杀莱拉 |
[28:40] | You dragged her dead body next to | 你把她的尸体拽到垃圾桶旁边 |
[28:43] | the garbage bin, you left her there like a piece of trash. | 就像扔一片垃圾一样 |
[28:45] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[28:46] | Now, would you mind telling the court why you said that? | 请你向法庭陈述一下 你为什么这么说 |
[28:49] | Dragged like a trash | 像扔垃圾一样拖拽 |
[28:50] | I said it because it happened. | 我这么说因为这就是事实 |
[28:51] | That’s from hour nine of your interrogation | 你说这些话是在 审讯过程中 |
[28:54] | out of 11 excruciating hours. | 十一个痛苦的小时中的第九个 |
[28:56] | You consider yourself a solid detective, don’t you? | 你认为自己是一名可靠的警探 对吗 |
[28:58] | – More than solid. – I agree. | – 非常可靠 – 我同意 |
[29:00] | You take very detailed notes. | 你笔记记得可详细了 |
[29:02] | But nowhere in your notes did you mention | 但是 在你的笔记中 根本没有提到 |
[29:05] | that Layla’s body was dragged. | 莱拉的尸体被拖拽过 |
[29:07] | Actually, it’s first mentioned | 事实上 这种说法第一次出现 |
[29:09] | in the medical examiner’s report, | 是在尸检报告里 |
[29:12] | which I have here. | 正是我手里拿的这一份 |
[29:14] | Would you mind reading the date at that top of that report? | 你介不介意读一下报告顶端的日期 |
[29:17] | October 25th. | 十月二十五日 |
[29:19] | Mm-hmm. Now that’s two days after | 这是在理查德做出口供 |
[29:22] | Richard’s confession. | 两天之后 |
[29:23] | Am I right? | 我说对了吗 |
[29:26] | You know, math was never my strong suit. | 数学不是我的强项 |
[29:29] | You’ll have to forgive me. I’m, uh, | 抱歉 原谅我 |
[29:31] | trying to sort all this out. | 我是在尽力整理清楚这一切 |
[29:33] | If you didn’t know that Layla’s body was dragged until | 如果你在理查德做出口供的两天之后 |
[29:36] | two days after Richard’s confession, | 才得知莱拉的尸体被拖动过 |
[29:39] | why did you say that on the video? | 那在视频里 你为什么这么说呢 |
[29:43] | I can’t reveal my source. It’s a confidential informant. | 我不能告诉你消息的来源 线人是保密的 |
[29:46] | So, there’s an eyewitness to Layla Everton’s murder, | 所以 莱拉·埃弗顿的死有一位目击者 |
[29:49] | whose account you used to elicit a confession | 你将他的叙述用来诱供理查德·弗利尔 |
[29:52] | from Richard Fleer, and you failed to note it in your report? | 而并没有把这一切写到报告里 是不是 |
[29:55] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[29:57] | Now, I know that, uh, police are allowed | 我知道 警察可以 |
[30:00] | to lie to suspects | 欺骗嫌疑人 |
[30:01] | to illicit a confession, | 从而得到口供 |
[30:04] | but is this standard to omit this information? | 但是隐瞒信息符合标准吗 |
[30:06] | I didn’t really think about it. | 我没有想那么多 |
[30:08] | Considering someone might | 考虑到某人可能会 |
[30:10] | go to prison for life, | 在监狱里度过余生 |
[30:12] | and how thorough you are in every other aspect, | 而且你在其他方面都考虑的很周到 |
[30:15] | can you explain | 你能不能解释一下 |
[30:16] | why such a critical detail | 如此严肃的一个细节 |
[30:18] | didn’t deserve even a second’s thought? | 为什么你不再仔细考虑一下 |
[30:23] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[30:24] | Because as an officer, I have to protect my informants. | 因为我是个警员 我必须保护好我的线人 |
[30:28] | And I stand by him | 我站在他这一边 |
[30:30] | and the murder confession | 杀人供述也是因为他 |
[30:32] | that resulted from this. | 才能拿到 |
[30:41] | Five yellows | 五个黄色 |
[30:42] | swinging green. | 变成绿色了 |
[30:45] | We’re making progress, | 我们正取得进展 |
[30:45] | but there’s still more to do. | 但是还有更多的事情需要我们去做 |
[30:47] | No movement on our three reds. | 这三个红色的没有什么改变 |
[30:49] | Those three reds scored low on the co-co. | 这三位陪审员的受压系数非常的低 |
[30:51] | Which is no bueno. | 情况十分不乐观 |
[30:53] | Hey, Chunk, can I borrow you for a second? | 嘿 特朗科 能问你个问题么 |
[30:55] | – Yeah. – Any idea what this is? | – 好啊 – 你知道这是什么吗 |
[30:57] | I ran it past a forensic glass analyst, | 我带它法医那里做了玻璃鉴定 |
[30:59] | and there’s not enough there to I.D., | 因为太少了没法确认 |
[31:00] | but he said that part right there could be a bevel. | 但是他说 这个部分可能是个斜角 |
[31:03] | A bevel? Let me see. | 斜角 我看看 |
[31:06] | If I had to guess, I’d say it’s a cuff link. | 要我猜的话 我觉得这是个纽扣 |
[31:08] | I had to order a bunch | 几年前 我因为照片拍摄的需求 |
[31:09] | of those for a photo shoot a few years back. | 定过一大堆这玩意 |
[31:11] | The whole box came broken. | 整个盒子都碎了 |
[31:12] | Cheap cuff links at a $2,000-a-plate charity ball? | 一个盘子都有2000美元的慈善舞会上会有这么便宜的纽扣 |
[31:15] | I’d start with the service staff. | 我会从招侍人员身上查起 |
[31:18] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[31:21] | So, how do we convince our | 所以 我们怎样说服 |
[31:22] | three red jurors that Richard’s innocent? | 这三名陪审员理查德是无罪的呢 |
[31:25] | Well, we make ’em fully understand | 我们让他们理解一下 |
[31:26] | what Detective Murphy put Richard through. | 墨菲让理查德经历过什么 |
[31:28] | You mean we arrest and interrogate the holdouts | 你的意思是 我们把他们关起来审讯 |
[31:31] | until they break? | 直到他们崩溃 |
[31:31] | Well, we don’t have to arrest ’em. | 我们不需要把他们关起来 |
[31:33] | You’re in the right neighborhood though. | 但是你的想法方向是对的 |
[31:35] | We just have to get ’em to crack under pressure. | 我们只需要让他们在压力下崩溃就好 |
[31:38] | Look at that. | 看看 |
[31:40] | – That’s a good fortune. – Is that… | – 真是好运呢 – 那是不是… |
[31:47] | We better hurry; the trial starts back up again soon. | 我们最好快一点 庭审马上就要开始了 |
[31:59] | Ooh. Going up? | 上去是吗 |
[32:03] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[32:06] | – Aren’t you, um…? – With the defense, | – 你是不是 – 和被告一起 |
[32:08] | so we can’t discuss the case, | 所以我们不能讨论案子 |
[32:10] | yes. Or the Giants. | 没错 也不能讨论巨人队 |
[32:11] | Why not the Giants? | 为什么不能 |
[32:13] | Well, we wouldn’t want to jinx them, would we? | 我们不想给他们带来霉运 是吧 |
[32:22] | Oh, no good. We’re stuck. | 这下好了 我们卡住了 |
[32:25] | Jinx. | 倒霉了 |
[32:26] | Stuck? | 卡住了 |
[32:28] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[32:29] | We can’t be stuck. | 我们不能被困住啊 |
[32:30] | I don’t like tight spaces. | 我不喜欢这个狭窄的空间 |
[32:32] | – Just breathe. – What do we do? | – 放松呼吸 – 我们该做什么 |
[32:34] | Uh, push the red button. | 按一下那个红色按钮 |
[32:35] | Pull it. | 再拉出来 |
[32:37] | Oh, that’s the good sound. | 这个声音就对了 |
[32:39] | Security. | 安保 |
[32:41] | What’s your emergency? | 发生了什么事 |
[32:43] | We got six people stuck in an elevator at the courthouse. | 我们这里有六个人被困在法院的电梯里了 |
[32:45] | You got to send somebody to get us out right away. | 快派人来救我们出去 |
[32:47] | Stand by, ma’am. | 稍安勿躁 女士 |
[32:49] | The hell do you mean, stand by? | 你这是什么意思 稍安勿躁 |
[33:00] | There’s no ventilation. | 电梯里没有通风管道 |
[33:01] | Okay, let’s just remain calm. | 好吧 我们先保持冷静 |
[33:02] | Excuse me, are you on our way? | 不好意思 你们在路上了吗 |
[33:04] | We contacted maintenance. | 我们联系了维修人员 |
[33:06] | And unfortunately, they’re dealing with an unusual number | 不巧的是 他们今天要处理的服务电话 |
[33:08] | of service calls today. | 异常的多 |
[33:10] | You’re going to have to sit tight. | 你们还要再呆一会 |
[33:12] | How long? | 要多久 |
[33:15] | No longer than a few hours. | 最多几个小时吧 |
[33:17] | A few hours? | 几个小时 |
[33:18] | We’re jurors in a trial. | 我们是一起庭审的陪审员 |
[33:20] | Stand by, please. | 请稍安勿躁 |
[33:22] | Well, what do we do if somebody has to go to the bathroom? | 如果有人想去洗手间怎么办 |
[33:26] | We’ll be fine. | 我们会没事的 |
[33:30] | Do it. | 动手 |
[33:32] | Just give ’em a little taste. | 给他们吃点苦头 |
[33:34] | We should get out of here. | 我们得从这里出去 |
[33:36] | I bet a medical emergency gets a response. | 我打赌 他们肯定会处理医疗急救事件 |
[33:38] | Hmm. No, we could get in trouble for that, right? | 不 我们可能会因此惹上麻烦的 不是吗 |
[33:42] | – Yes. – This feels like a medical emergency. | – 是 – 这跟医疗急救一样紧急 |
[33:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:50] | Having a heart attack! | 心脏病 |
[33:51] | Let’s call them back and tell them that, okay? | 我们再打给他们 然后这样告诉他们 好吧 |
[33:55] | Cable! | 凯博 |
[33:56] | I told you not to trust me with all this power. | 我早就告诉过你 这种权利会让我上瘾 |
[33:58] | It’s just a little brake release. They’ll be fine. Relax. | 制动器滑了一下而已 没事的 放松 |
[34:01] | Lying to get out of here?! | 为了离开这里而撒谎 |
[34:03] | – I’m okay with it! – So am I! So am I. Yeah. | – 我觉得没问题 – 我也是 我也是 是 |
[34:06] | it’s the elevator people again. | 还是刚才被困在电梯里的人 |
[34:08] | We have someone in here going into… | 我们这里有个人要… |
[34:09] | cardiac arrest. We need help right now. | 心脏停搏了 我们现在就需要帮助 |
[34:12] | It’s a medical emergency. | 是医疗急救事件 |
[34:13] | We can send the fire department, but first, | 我们可以让消防队过去 但是首先 |
[34:15] | can you please describe the symptoms? | 可以麻烦你描述一下症状吗 |
[34:18] | Chest pains, um, red in the face, | 胸痛 呃 脸红 |
[34:21] | trouble breathing! I’m pretty sure it’s a coronary. | 呼吸困难 我确定是冠状动脉血栓 |
[34:23] | That’s it. | 就是这了 |
[34:25] | That’s what we’re looking for. | 这就是我们要的 |
[34:27] | We got ’em. | 抓到他们现行了 |
[34:32] | Luckily, the power is back up. I contacted the fire department | 幸运的是 电力恢复了 我联系了消防队 |
[34:35] | and they’re sending EMTs right away. | 他们马上就派急救医疗队过去 |
[34:37] | – Never mind. False alarm. – That was not fun. | – 没事了 是虚惊一场 – 这不好笑 |
[34:40] | The jinx is lifted though. | 霉运被解除了 |
[34:42] | Giants are going all the way. | 巨人队会一路顺利 |
[34:48] | Word of advice: take the stairs. | 给你们个忠告 走楼梯 |
[34:51] | That took all of ten minutes. | 这就只花了十分钟时间 |
[34:52] | Imagine if you were in there for 11 hours. | 想象一下让你在那待十一个小时会怎样 |
[34:54] | Who authorized the extra drops? | 是谁允许后面那两次坠落的 |
[34:56] | Tell Cable she has dish duty all next week. | 跟凯博说 下个礼拜的饭菜她包了 |
[34:59] | Moment of truth. | 真相时刻到了 |
[35:01] | – Good luck. – Okay. | – 祝你好运 – 好 |
[35:02] | I made a few adjustments to your closing. | 你的结案陈词我做了几处修改 |
[35:06] | I-I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[35:07] | Oh, that’s a winning speech. | 这是必胜演讲 |
[35:10] | You just got to trust me. | 相信我就行了 |
[35:16] | You can believe the witnesses, | 你可以相信目击证人 |
[35:18] | and you can believe the evidence. | 你也可以相信证据 |
[35:21] | But most of all, you can believe | 但是最重要的 |
[35:22] | in the words right out of the mouth of the defendant, | 当被告亲口说出 是的 我杀害了莱拉·埃弗顿 |
[35:25] | when he said, yes, | 这样的话时 |
[35:28] | I killed Layla Everton. | 让人确信无疑 |
[35:30] | People lie all the time. It’s true. | 确实 人经常会撒谎 |
[35:33] | But they lie to get out of jail, not to get into jail. | 但他们撒谎是为了逃离监狱 而不是为了被关进去 |
[35:37] | When you say you did it, you did it. | 如果你说是你做的 那毋庸置疑就是的 |
[35:41] | This is the definition of an open-and-shut case. | 事实一目了然的案件的确是这么定义的 |
[35:49] | Yes, it’s true. | 是 确实 |
[35:52] | Richard confessed. | 理查德认罪了 |
[35:54] | Once. | 就一次 |
[35:56] | But he professed his innocence | 但是他坚称自己是清白的 |
[35:58] | 59 times. | 五十九次之多 |
[36:01] | If Richard had money, | 如果理查德有钱 |
[36:03] | a lawyer would’ve been next to him in that interrogation room. | 那么就会有律师陪着他一起受审 |
[36:06] | Richard would’ve been out in minutes, | 理查德很快就会被放出来 |
[36:07] | not hours. | 而不是在十几小时之后 |
[36:09] | If Richard had money, | 如果理查德有钱 |
[36:11] | he never would’ve been forced into a confession. | 他就不可能被强迫认罪 |
[36:15] | But Richard doesn’t have money, | 但是理查德没有钱 |
[36:18] | so he gets me. | 所以我来帮他 |
[36:21] | Every once in a while, someone like me | 有时候 会有我这样的人 |
[36:24] | gets to help an innocent man. | 有机会去帮助无辜的人 |
[36:28] | Detective Murphy forced Richard to confess. | 墨菲警官强迫理查德认罪 |
[36:33] | And without that confession, | 没有这份认罪词 |
[36:35] | all you have is reasonable doubt. | 你们有的不过是合理怀疑 |
[36:39] | How long would you last in that interrogation room? | 你能在审讯室里坚持多久 |
[36:43] | Under the right circumstances… | 在某些环境之下… |
[36:46] | Awful, frightening, | 可怕的 让人惊恐的 |
[36:49] | claustrophobic circumstances… | 幽闭环境之下… |
[36:53] | Don’t you think even you could panic | 你不觉得 即使是自己 |
[36:54] | and convince yourself to say something that wasn’t true | 也可能惊慌失措 说服自己说些假话 |
[36:57] | if you thought it might help you escape? | 以此来帮助自己逃离出去吗 |
[37:10] | – How you feeling? – I’m not sure. | – 感觉怎样 – 说不清 |
[37:13] | A little freaked out. | 有点害怕 |
[37:18] | I don’t know how to thank you. | 我不知道怎么感谢你 |
[37:21] | Well, don’t thank me yet. | 现在先别急着谢 |
[37:27] | You know, when I was with Layla, | 我跟莱拉在一起的时候 |
[37:29] | it always felt like anything was possible. | 总觉得好像一切皆有可能 |
[37:34] | She’s the only person who ever really believed in me. | 她是唯一真正相信我的人 |
[37:39] | And, uh, now that she’s gone… | 现在她不在了… |
[37:41] | Listen, Richard, whatever decision that jury comes back with, | 听着 理查德 不管陪审团做出什么裁决 |
[37:45] | just remember that feeling she gave you. | 只要记住她曾经带给你的感觉就好 |
[37:48] | Because what Layla saw in you is still there. | 因为莱拉在你身上看到的优点一直都在 |
[37:54] | And I’ll be the first one | 等你开餐馆的时候 |
[37:55] | to book a table when you open your restaurant. | 我一定第一个去订位 |
[37:59] | Why the hell’d you turn down all that money for me? | 你怎么会为了我拒绝了那么大一笔钱呢 |
[38:02] | There was a time when, uh, I did cases for money. | 我也曾经有 为了钱接官司的时候 |
[38:07] | And I never want to have to do that again. | 我再也不想这么做了 |
[38:14] | The jury’s back. | 陪审团回来了 |
[38:18] | All right. | 好了 |
[38:21] | Here we go. | 走吧 |
[38:33] | Would the foreman read the verdict? | 首席陪审员可以宣读判决吗 |
[38:38] | On the charge of murder | 对于 |
[38:40] | in the first degree, | 一级谋杀的指控 |
[38:42] | what say you? | 你们怎么裁定 |
[38:44] | We find the defendant, | 我们认为被告人 |
[38:47] | Richard Fleer… | 理查德·弗利尔… |
[38:51] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[38:55] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, thank you for your service | 陪审团的各位先生们女士们 感谢你们的付出 |
[38:58] | and for being an integral part of the judicial system. | 以及成为司法体系不可或缺的一部分 |
[39:01] | – Thank you. – You are dismissed. | – 谢谢你 – 解散 |
[39:08] | I think now I can thank you. | 看来现在我可以感谢你了 |
[39:12] | Time to open a restaurant. | 是时候开间餐馆了 |
[39:14] | All right. | 好的 |
[39:22] | There may be reasonable doubt, Dr. Bull, | 也许存在合理怀疑 布尔博士 |
[39:24] | but I’m not convinced. | 但是我不相信 |
[39:26] | I told you I’d get justice for Layla. | 我说过 会为莱拉讨回公道 |
[39:28] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[39:30] | One of my team | 我的一个组员 |
[39:32] | just got a lead on the real killer. | 找到了关于真正凶手的线索 |
[39:43] | Okay, I’m meeting Nick tomorrow, and this is driving me mad. | 明天就要见尼克了 这简直要逼疯我了 |
[39:45] | So ruin the end of the movie. | 就好像电影毁在结尾上 |
[39:47] | Read the last page of the novel and spill it. | 小说只读最后几页然后泄露了整个故事 |
[39:51] | How ’bout I just show you? | 我直接给你看吧 |
[40:00] | So he’s into the Renaissance fair. | 所以他对文艺复兴节感兴趣 |
[40:02] | This is why you should let me tell you. | 所以你才该让我告诉你 |
[40:04] | No. I never should’ve let you in my head. | 不 我不能受你思维控制 |
[40:06] | I prefer to be surprised. | 我更喜欢未知的惊喜 |
[40:09] | And now when he tells me, I’ve got to fake it. | 现在可好 他告诉我的时候 我还得假装惊喜 |
[40:10] | The question is: how do you organically bring it | 问题是 你怎么不露痕迹的 |
[40:13] | into the conversation? | 引出这个话题 |
[40:15] | I’ve picked up a few interrogation techniques. | 我学过一些审问技巧 |
[40:17] | At the library. | 在图书馆学的 |
[40:20] | Stop. Just stop. | 打住 拜托打住 |
[40:24] | You want me to talk to your mother again? | 你想我再跟你妈妈谈谈吗 |
[40:25] | No. This is Detective Murphy’s redemption. | 不 这是墨菲警官的补救 |
[40:28] | Remember that piece of glass I found? | 还记得我找到的那块玻璃吗 |
[40:30] | It’s from a $12 cuff link. | 是个十二美金的袖扣 |
[40:32] | So I ran a background on the service staff | 所以我调查了服务人员的背景 |
[40:33] | and came across a friend of Richard’s | 然后发现理查德的一个朋友 |
[40:35] | who had a sexual assault conviction wiped off his record. | 是个定罪性侵犯 但是记录被抹去了 |
[40:38] | Hmm. Guy’s name is Dominick. | 这人叫多米尼克 |
[40:40] | The cuff link proves he was the killer. | 袖扣证明了他就是凶手 |
[40:42] | He originally told Murphy that he saw Richard kill Layla. | 最初就是他告诉墨菲 他看到理查德杀害了莱拉 |
[40:45] | But when we interrogated him | 但是我们一小时前 |
[40:47] | an hour ago, Dominick confessed. | 审讯他的时候 他招供了 |
[40:50] | So Murphy didn’t know his C.I. Was the killer. | 所以墨菲不知道 他的线人就是凶手 |
[40:52] | – He trusted him. – Hmm. Disturbing. | – 他相信了他 – 真让人不安 |
[40:57] | You’re just full of surprises. What’s this? | 还真是充满惊喜啊 这是什么 |
[40:59] | That is from the Evertons. They were at the police station | 这是埃弗顿家给的 多米尼克认罪的时候 |
[41:01] | when Dominick gave his confession. They wanted you to have that. | 他们也在警局 他们希望你收下 |
[41:05] | Said it was a thank you for keeping your word. | 说是谢谢你实现诺言 |
[41:13] | That’s our full fee. | 我们的全额费用 |
[41:17] | Salud. | 干杯 |