时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | How you feeling, Erica? | 你感觉如何 艾丽卡 |
[00:04] | One blackout away from being able | 希望这场手术过后 |
[00:06] | to have little ones, I hope. | 我就能生小宝宝们了 |
[00:08] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[00:09] | And I told your husband the same thing. | 我也是这么对你丈夫说的 |
[00:11] | He’s in the waiting room with your mom, dad. | 他和你的父母在候诊室 |
[00:13] | You are going to knock me out, right? | 你要把我放倒了 对吧 |
[00:16] | The doctor didn’t say. | 医生还没说 |
[00:17] | Dr. Robeson’s not one to chat. | 罗伯逊医生并不健谈 |
[00:19] | Trust me, you’ll miss the whole thing. | 相信我 你什么痛苦都感受不到的 |
[00:23] | Julio, some help? | 胡里奥 来搭把手 |
[00:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[00:24] | On three. | 我数到三 |
[00:25] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[00:29] | There we go. Let’s bring in Atticus. | 好了 把阿提克斯拿来 |
[00:30] | Is that the robot arm? | 这就是那个机器人手臂吗 |
[00:32] | It’s the Atticus Surgical System. | 这是阿提克斯手术系统 |
[00:34] | It’s the best tool for the job. | 这个领域中最先进的仪器 |
[00:35] | Where’s my music? | 音乐呢 |
[00:36] | Coming, Doctor. | 这就来 医生 |
[00:37] | Okay, Erica Povery, myomectomy. | 艾丽卡·普洛瑞 子宫肌瘤切除术 |
[00:39] | Hi, Dr. Robeson. | 嗨 罗伯逊医生 |
[00:41] | Hi, Ms. Povery. | 嗨 普洛瑞女士 |
[00:42] | Here’s your music, Doctor. | 音乐到 医生 |
[00:44] | Uh, give me 100 mikes of fentanyl, then the propofol. | 注射一百微克的芬太尼 还有异丙酚 |
[00:46] | All right, you’re gonna feel a chill come over you. | 你会感到一阵寒流 |
[00:48] | Count down from ten. | 从十开始倒数 |
[00:49] | Ten, nine… Good. | 十 九 很好 |
[00:51] | Ten, nine, eight… | 十 九 八… |
[00:53] | seven… | 七… |
[00:55] | There’s more fibroids in the uterus than we thought. | 子宫肌瘤的数量比我们预计得还多 |
[00:59] | Heavy bleeding from that insertion. | 止点大量出血 |
[01:00] | – I see it. – Blood pressure’s dropping fast. | – 看到了 – 血压正快速下降 |
[01:03] | – We’ve gotta stop this bleeding. – I know. | – 必须赶快止血 – 我知道 |
[01:04] | She’s bleeding out. This isn’t working. | 她就要失血过多身亡了 这完全不起效 |
[01:07] | Dr. Robeson, what do you want me to do? | 罗伯逊医生 我该怎么办 |
[01:14] | Dr. Terrence Robeson. | 特伦斯·罗伯逊医生 |
[01:16] | First in his class at Harvard Med. | 以全院第一的成绩毕业于哈佛医学院 |
[01:17] | Now one of the top gynecological surgeons | 全球最权威的 |
[01:19] | in the world. | 妇科医生之一 |
[01:21] | Terry and I went to college together. | 特伦和我是大学同学 |
[01:24] | Terry… | 特伦… |
[01:25] | Wait, he looks like that, | 等等 他那么帅 |
[01:27] | – and he’s a surgeon? – Doesn’t seem right, does it? | – 还是个外科医生 – 想不到吧 |
[01:29] | – What’d he do? – Saved a woman’s life, | – 他做了什么 – 拯救女性的生命 |
[01:30] | And now she’s suing him for it. | 如今她却因此要起诉他 |
[01:32] | Erica Povery. | 艾丽卡·普洛瑞 |
[01:35] | She and her husband wanted to start a family. | 她和她丈夫想要个孩子 |
[01:37] | But a cluster of fibroids was preventing pregnancy. | 但她患有子宫肌瘤 很难受孕 |
[01:40] | Terry was brought in to remove them. | 特伦是她的主刀医生 负责摘除肌瘤 |
[01:42] | Unfortunately, there were a larger number | 不幸的是 她体内子宫肌瘤的数量 |
[01:44] | of fibroids than expected. | 远超预期 |
[01:46] | Now, heavy bleeding is not uncommon, | 大量出血很常见 |
[01:48] | but in Erica’s case, the bleeding wouldn’t stop. | 但艾丽卡体内大出血 无法被止住 |
[01:50] | The only way to keep her alive | 只有进行紧急子宫切除术 |
[01:51] | was to remove her uterus | 摘除子宫 |
[01:53] | and perform an emergency hysterectomy. | 才能让她活下来 |
[01:55] | So now she can’t have kids? | 所以她再也无法生育了 |
[01:57] | And that’s why she had the surgery in the first place? | 而她最初选择动手术 就是因为想要孩子 |
[01:59] | Erica is claiming that the hysterectomy was avoidable, | 艾丽卡声称根本不必进行子宫摘除术 |
[02:02] | and she’s suing for malpractice. | 她以渎职罪提起了诉讼 |
[02:04] | Well, to prove malpractice, she has to show | 想要使渎职罪成立 她必须证明 |
[02:05] | that Robeson violated a reasonable standard of care. | 罗伯逊违反了医师责任标准 |
[02:08] | That means a significant violation of skill, | 这意味着他严重违反了医师技术要求 |
[02:11] | diligence, or judgment. | 注意标准以及判断失误 |
[02:13] | Not easy to do. | 这有难度 |
[02:14] | Maybe not. | 确实 |
[02:15] | But there are people with skill, diligence, | 很多技术高超的权威医学专家 |
[02:17] | and judgment lining up to testify against him. | 都排着队想作出对他不利的证词 |
[02:20] | My guess is the they’re gonna focus on one aspect. | 我猜他们的证词将集中于一点 |
[02:23] | That he rushed the decision to perform the hysterectomy. | 他结论下得太匆忙 直接进行了子宫切除术 |
[02:25] | Judgment. | 判断失误 |
[02:26] | They’re gonna say that he could have used | 他们会说他本可以用 |
[02:28] | less-drastic measures to stop the bleeding. | 伤害程度较小的方法来止血 |
[02:30] | And there’s diligence. | 还违反了注意标准 |
[02:32] | Okay, listen, I know that it sounds bad, | 听着 我知道这看上去很糟 |
[02:35] | but I’ve known Terry for 16 years. | 但我和特伦已经认识十六年了 |
[02:37] | If there was another way, he would have found it. | 如果还有其他方法 他一定会想到的 |
[02:39] | What about the hospital? | 医院怎么说 |
[02:41] | They offered a settlement. | 他们想通过赔偿了结此事 |
[02:42] | But Terry refused. | 但特伦拒绝了 |
[02:44] | It would have meant admitting that he made a mistake, | 这样做就意味着承认他犯了错 |
[02:46] | and he insisted he didn’t make one. | 而他坚称自己没有犯错 |
[02:47] | So if he loses, | 如果他输了这起官司 |
[02:48] | He’ll be held liable for damages, | 赔偿金将由他一人承担 |
[02:50] | which could be millions. | 金额可能高达数百万美元 |
[02:52] | And he may never practice again. | 他还可能被吊销行医执照 |
[02:54] | For someone like Terry… Brilliant, a pioneer… | 对于特伦这样才华横溢的行业领军人物… |
[02:58] | That’s all he has. | 这就是他的一切啊 |
[02:59] | I’m assuming that the good doctor has | 权威的医生肯定有 |
[03:01] | an equally accomplished lawyer? | 权威的律师吧 |
[03:03] | Actually, no. He’s had some | 其实没有 |
[03:05] | disagreements with his lawyers. | 他和他的律师团队起了争执 |
[03:08] | Lawyers? Plural? | 还团队 他不止一个律师吗 |
[03:10] | They sent over some pre-trial files | 他们送来了几份 |
[03:12] | and motions. | 审前文件和动议 |
[03:14] | I could pull ’em up. | 我可以将它们整理出来 |
[03:16] | All right. | 好 |
[03:18] | Let’s see what we’re up against. | 让我们来一探究竟 |
[03:20] | At this time, we, the plaintiffs would like to call | 现在 原告要求特伦斯·罗伯逊医生 |
[03:23] | Dr. Terrence Robeson to the stand. | 出庭作证 |
[03:25] | Benny’s a little too excited to play Erica’s attorney. | 本尼因为扮演艾丽卡的律师这么激动啊 |
[03:28] | Residual nostalgia from his prosecutor days. | 他似乎挺怀念当检察官的那段日子 |
[03:30] | But don’t worry, it’s what we need to find the weaknesses | 不过别担心 这样我们才能找出 |
[03:33] | in your old boyfriend’s case. | 你前任特伦案子当中的弱点 |
[03:34] | – Terry. – Sharp intake of breath | – 特伦 – 深呼吸 |
[03:37] | tells me it was no more than a year. | 表示你们交往没到一年就分手了 |
[03:39] | You’re trying to be relaxed, which means | 你在努力使自己平静下来 这说明 |
[03:41] | it was a long time ago, but… | 你们分开很长时间了 但是 |
[03:42] | that little pulsing vein is the giveaway. | 你脖子上血管的跳动暴露了你的内心 |
[03:45] | He still has a place in your heart. | 他在你心里还占据着一席之地 |
[03:47] | It is hard not to feel continually judged by you. | 你怎么总是在评断我 |
[03:50] | Oh, well… not judged. Observed. | 不是评断 是观察 |
[03:53] | And you shouldn’t be insulted, because | 而且你不用觉得被冒犯了 |
[03:55] | I can’t help it. | 这是我的职业习惯 |
[03:56] | We were together almost a year, after college. | 大学毕业后 我们交往了一年 |
[03:58] | Still close friends. | 我们还是好朋友 |
[04:00] | Why didn’t you tell me about him? | 那你怎么没跟我提起他 |
[04:01] | Well, I, uh… | 我… |
[04:03] | Terry’s… | 特伦… |
[04:04] | an acquired taste. | 不太讨人喜欢 |
[04:06] | Well, let’s see what we can acquire | 让我们看看从特伦的证词中 |
[04:08] | from Terry’s stand-in. | 能了解到什么 |
[04:09] | Dr. Robeson, as simply | 罗伯逊医生 |
[04:11] | as you can, please walk us through the surgery. | 请向我们说明一下手术过程 尽量通俗点 |
[04:13] | Certainly. We began with anesthesia, | 好 我们先准备麻醉病人 |
[04:17] | a mix of fentanyl and Marcaine. | 用了芬太尼和麻卡因 |
[04:18] | – Then once the patient had… – Wrong. | – 在病人… – 错 |
[04:21] | Wh… Are you insane? | 什… 你疯了吗 |
[04:23] | It’s fentanyl then propofol. | 是先芬太尼 后异丙酚 |
[04:25] | Marcaine would have the inconvenient effect | 麻卡因可是会 |
[04:27] | of giving her seizures | 引起癫痫 |
[04:29] | and putting her in a coma. | 让她陷入昏迷 |
[04:30] | Terry, you were supposed to call me when you got here. | 特伦 不是说好你一到这就给我打电话吗 |
[04:32] | I… I know, I just wanted | 我… 我知道 |
[04:34] | to see the magic happen. | 我只是想亲眼看看你们施展魔法 |
[04:36] | We’ll be sawing Marissa in half later. | 魔法稍后继续 |
[04:38] | You should stick around. I’m Dr. Jason Bull. | 你该留下来看看 我是杰森·布尔博士 |
[04:41] | Oh. You’re a psychologist, though, right? | 但你是个心理学家 对吧 |
[04:43] | So, not a real doctor. | 不是个真正的医生 |
[04:45] | W… Now, this is all part of trial science. | 这是庭审科学的一部分 |
[04:47] | This is where we run the mock trials with experts, | 我们在这和专家一起进行模拟庭审 |
[04:49] | like this MD. | 比如这位医学博士 |
[04:51] | – Yeah. – And we present various facts | – 对 – 我们向陪审团展示 |
[04:53] | in the case and track the juror’s responses. | 案件的事实 并监控他们的反应 |
[04:57] | And once we hone our strategy, we bring you in. | 我们研究好战术后 就会让你加入 |
[05:00] | Well, based on your so-called expert, | 基于你所谓的专家的表现 |
[05:03] | I’d say you need to bring me in now. | 我认为你现在就该让我加入 |
[05:04] | We didn’t want to waste your time, given your busy schedule. | 我们知道你忙 所以不想浪费你的时间 |
[05:07] | But since you’re here… | 不过既然你在这… |
[05:08] | ain’t nothing better than the real thing. | 替补可永远比不上真人 |
[05:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:13] | Get out of there. | 赶紧起来 |
[05:15] | Like I said… acquired taste. | 如我所说 不太讨人喜欢 |
[05:19] | Dr. Robeson, | 罗伯逊医生 |
[05:20] | you’re considered the top surgeon | 人们都认为 |
[05:22] | in your field, is that correct? | 你是行业权威 对吗 |
[05:24] | And I’d kill to keep it that way. | 为了保住这个名号我甚至可以去杀人 |
[05:25] | It’s a joke. | 我开玩笑的 |
[05:28] | Right. Right, | 好 好 |
[05:29] | well, let’s just talk about Erica’s case, okay? | 我们来谈谈艾丽卡的案子吧 |
[05:31] | There’s a line of surgeons | 有一群外科医生 |
[05:32] | who will testify | 作证称 |
[05:33] | that you should have waited | 你应该多花点时间来决定 |
[05:35] | to perform a radical hysterectomy. | 是否需要进行子宫摘除术 |
[05:37] | Yeah, I can get you a line of idiots to tell you anything. | 一群白痴什么话都敢说 |
[05:40] | Especially doctors who are paid to come to court | 尤其是那些不好好在医院做手术 |
[05:41] | – instead of the operating room. – Are you aware | – 跑来出庭作证的 – 你知道 |
[05:43] | that you perform fibroid surgery | 你做肌瘤摘除术所用的时间 |
[05:45] | in half the time as the national average? | 只有国内平均值的一半吗 |
[05:47] | – Yes. – So, isn’t it possible that you might have | – 我知道 – 这有可能是因为 |
[05:49] | rushed through surgery | 你故意缩短手术时间 |
[05:51] | to fit more in, make more money? | 以便接更多手术 赚更多钱吗 |
[05:53] | Is it possible you were fired | 你之所以被地检院开除了 |
[05:54] | by the D.A. for incompetence? | 是因为你能力不足吗 |
[06:00] | I see you did your due diligence. | 看来你做了充分的准备 |
[06:01] | In the O.R… | 在手术室… |
[06:02] | Yeah, in the O.R. | 对 在手术室 |
[06:03] | I pioneered the use of a robotic arm called the Atticus, | 我率先使用了名叫阿提克斯的机械臂 |
[06:06] | which allows me to perform fibroid surgery | 这让我做肌瘤摘除术的时间 |
[06:08] | in half the time with one thousandth | 缩短了一半 |
[06:09] | the number of mistakes. | 且犯错的可能性只有千分之一 |
[06:11] | Their empathy lines are plummeting. | 他们的同情指数垂直下跌 |
[06:13] | I’m no surgeon, but wouldn’t you call | 我不是外科医生 但你不觉得 |
[06:14] | maiming Erica a mistake? | 摘除艾丽卡的子宫是个错误吗 |
[06:16] | No, | 不觉得 |
[06:16] | because she lived. And you’re right, you’re no surgeon. | 因为她活了下来 你说得对 你不是外科医生 |
[06:19] | You have no idea what it’s like when every decision, | 你完全无法想象 当你所做的每个决定 |
[06:21] | every incision you make | 你下的每一刀 |
[06:22] | is the difference between life and death. | 都会左右一个人的生死 是什么感受 |
[06:24] | It’s bloody, it’s ugly, | 这很血腥 很丑陋 |
[06:26] | and it’s nothing anyone who went to law school | 而且这些决定绝不是从法学院毕业的人 |
[06:28] | should be able to second guess. So let me make this… simple. | 能轻易质疑的 我就直说了 |
[06:31] | The closest thing that we have to God on Earth | 这个世界上 只有技术高超的外科医生 |
[06:33] | is a surgeon at the top of his game. | 才是神一般的存在 |
[06:35] | So next time… | 所以下一次… |
[06:39] | …you know, maybe laugh at his jokes. | 他开玩笑时 你最好笑一笑 |
[06:43] | Well, your friend may have saved Erica’s life, | 你的朋友也许救了艾丽卡一命 |
[06:46] | but he just took his own on the stand. | 但他这样表现 只有死路一条 |
[07:02] | We got the results back from our mock jury. All six found Terry | 模拟陪审团的结果出来了 六个陪审员 |
[07:05] | liable for malpractice. | 都认为特伦犯了渎职罪 |
[07:07] | Anyone surprised? | 有人感到惊讶吗 |
[07:08] | He’s egotistical. | 他是个自我主义者 |
[07:10] | Elitist. | 精英主义 |
[07:11] | Perfect, or so he thinks. | 他的想法有些完美主义 |
[07:13] | Holier than thou. | 自恃清高 |
[07:14] | Our client has what we not real doctors call… | 这位委托人的表现 用非医学术语来说… |
[07:18] | a god complex. | 就是唯我独尊 |
[07:21] | The good news is he’s the best | 好消息是 他的确是 |
[07:22] | at what he does. | 他所在领域的佼佼者 |
[07:23] | The bad news is… | 但坏消息是… |
[07:25] | he knows it. | 他心知肚明 |
[07:26] | My doctor can think he’s a god | 我的医生只要能成功手术 |
[07:27] | as long as he saves my ass in the O.R. | 把我救活 那就算是神了 |
[07:29] | So our strategy is to find | 我们的战术就是要找到 |
[07:30] | people who are comfortable with jerks, | 那些 “只要和他们与我同一战线 |
[07:32] | so long as their jerks are on their side. | 即使是混蛋也能做朋友”的人 |
[07:34] | Deep pragmatists. | 极端实用主义者 |
[07:36] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[07:37] | Marissa, would you start building out | 玛丽莎 能不能请你 |
[07:39] | a motivational matrix, please? | 建立一个动机程序 |
[07:41] | I want to know which jurors are willing to bite the bullet | 看看哪些陪审员在利益面前 |
[07:43] | when they stand to benefit. | 愿意为了正义挺身而出 |
[07:45] | Danny, let’s find better facts. | 丹尼 咱们再找找线索 |
[07:46] | Starting with the hospital and this robotic arm. | 就从医院和机械臂入手 |
[07:49] | Cable, | 凯博 |
[07:51] | want you to deep dive this surgery, | 你深入研究一下这次手术 |
[07:53] | find out what the hell went wrong and why. | 看看到底是哪里出了问题 原因是什么 |
[07:56] | Chunk, get our doctor spruced up for court. | 特朗科 通知医生准备出庭 |
[07:59] | Yup. | 好 |
[08:01] | Benny | 本尼 |
[08:03] | Walk with me. | 跟我来 |
[08:04] | I know you enjoyed going up against Robeson in mock trial. | 模拟审判时 你故意和罗伯逊对着干 |
[08:07] | Yeah, you know I love going toe-to-toe. | 是啊 我就喜欢这种针锋相对的感觉 |
[08:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:11] | And that’s why he needs new counsel. | 所以他才有必要换个律师 |
[08:14] | – Seriously? – We’re up against | – 真的吗 – 我们面对的是一个 |
[08:16] | a sympathetic young woman who wanted nothing more | 一心只想做母亲的 |
[08:18] | than to be a mother. | 非常感性的年轻女性 |
[08:20] | We need a new attorney who can | 我们需要的是一位 |
[08:21] | balance out Robeson’s uber ego | 能平衡罗伯逊唯我心理的 |
[08:24] | with a more earthly presence. | 更接地气的代理人 |
[08:27] | Well, who do you have in mind? | 你有什么想法吗 |
[08:30] | Welcome back, Liberty. | 欢迎回来 利伯蒂 |
[08:33] | hi. | 你们好 |
[08:34] | I’m excited to be here. | 能回来我很激动 |
[08:36] | Oh. Sorry, | 不好意思 |
[08:38] | the walk’s a killer. | 穿这个走路太痛苦了 |
[08:39] | Glad to have you back. You remember Benny. | 看到你回归我很高兴 还记得本尼吧 |
[08:41] | You kidding? | 当然了 |
[08:42] | Working with you guys on the Peters case… | 我们一起办过皮特斯的案子 |
[08:44] | Oh, that made my career. | 那真是我从业以来很有意义的一个案子 |
[08:45] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:46] | So I can’t thank you enough for this opportunity | 能再次和你们的委托人合作 |
[08:48] | to work with one of your clients again. | 我真的感激不尽 |
[08:50] | Wait till you meet the client. | 等你见到委托人再说吧 |
[08:52] | Which one’s the magic acquittal tie? | 哪条领带有宣判无罪的魔力 |
[08:54] | Oh, no magic, just medicine for the soul. | 全都没有魔力 只有心灵慰藉而已 |
[08:56] | In here, I’m the surgeon. | 在这里我是医生 |
[08:58] | And you are flatlining. | 而你才是濒死的病人 |
[09:00] | See if we can pump a little life into it, huh? | 看看我们还有没有一线生机 |
[09:02] | Unstructured jacket, earth tones for balance and strength, | 无条纹外套 大地色强调平衡 彰显力度 |
[09:05] | and a pocket square adds sophistication. | 方巾凸显成熟稳重 |
[09:07] | Can’t imagine anyone’s gonna care what I wear. | 没想到还会有人在乎我的穿着 |
[09:09] | I’m gonna pretend you didn’t say that. | 我就当你没说过这话 |
[09:11] | Look, I’m a doctor. You want to put me in a lab coat? | 我是个医生 难道要我穿手术服吗 |
[09:13] | No, but let’s talk psychology. | 不是 但在心理学上 |
[09:16] | Something called enclothed cognition. | 这叫做衣着认知 |
[09:18] | Subtle changes in clothing affect | 衣着上一些细微的改变 |
[09:19] | the person’s perception of you. | 都会影响他人对你的印象 |
[09:21] | You went to military school. | 你上过军校 |
[09:22] | You read my bio. | 你读过我的简历 |
[09:24] | I read your posture. | 我是从你的举手投足看出来的 |
[09:26] | Take that off. | 把那件脱下来 |
[09:32] | It’s too rigid. | 太刻板了 |
[09:34] | In the O.R. What do you do to relax? | 你在手术室都怎么放松 |
[09:37] | Play music. | 听音乐 |
[09:38] | What kind? | 什么音乐 |
[09:39] | Hip-hop. | 嘻哈乐 |
[09:45] | Here we go. We need some of that | 就这样 我们就需要这个 |
[09:49] | in the courtroom. | 我是说在法庭上 |
[09:52] | Dr. Robeson’s | 罗伯逊医生就是 |
[09:53] | the man who put Atticus on the map. | 那个让阿提克斯机械臂载入史册的人 |
[09:55] | He’s a pioneer. | 他是行业先驱 |
[09:57] | Smartest addition I’ve made to our surgical staff | 也是近十年来我院外科医务人员中 |
[09:58] | in the last ten years. | 最睿智的人才 |
[09:59] | Is it because of his skill or because of Atticus? | 是因为他的能力 还是因为机械臂呢 |
[10:01] | Both. The procedures he’s developed with Atticus | 两个原因都有 他用机械臂研发出的外科手术 |
[10:04] | have become the gold standard worldwide. | 已经成为全世界的典范 |
[10:07] | These arms are fitted with surgical blades, | 这些机械臂自身配备了手术刀具 |
[10:09] | which allow for smaller incisions, | 可以进行小型刀口的切割 |
[10:11] | less bleeding, and faster recovery time. | 出血量少 伤口恢复快 |
[10:13] | Which means you can squeeze in more surgeries. | 也就是说你们可以做更多手术 |
[10:15] | – Excuse me? – Well, I read that | – 不好意思 – 我了解到 |
[10:17] | your hospital does 30 times the number of surgeries | 你们医院的手术量是 |
[10:19] | as your closest competitor. | 另一家能力相当的医院的三十倍 |
[10:21] | Everyone wants the best medical care they can receive. | 人人都希望受到最好的医疗待遇 |
[10:23] | Why not testify to that in court? | 为什么不出庭作证 |
[10:24] | Hospital policy is to | 医院有规定 不要插手 |
[10:26] | stay out of malpractice suits. | 医疗事故诉讼案 |
[10:28] | Our employees are welcome to testify, | 员工们其实可以出庭作证 |
[10:30] | should they choose. | 如果他们愿意的话 |
[10:31] | But don’t expect a line out the door. | 但你们不要抱太大希望 |
[10:33] | He’s… not our most appealing doctor. | 他不是我们这里 最爱出风头的医生 |
[10:36] | So, you wouldn’t mind if I spoke to other members of your staff. | 那如果我找贵院其他员工谈话您应该不会介意 |
[10:39] | Suit yourself. | 请便 |
[10:41] | All right. | 好的 |
[10:43] | Liberty. | 利伯蒂 |
[10:46] | You ready to spin the wheel of fortune we call voir dire? | 准备好旋转预先审查的命运之轮了吗 |
[10:50] | With the questions you like to ask the jury, | 你让我拿去做预先审查的问题太精辟了 |
[10:52] | I actually enjoy spinnin’ the wheel. | 我真的很享受其中 |
[10:54] | Doc. Doc! | 医生 医生 |
[10:58] | Had you pegged as more Britpop | 看来比起嘻哈乐 |
[11:00] | than hip-hop. | 你已经更喜欢英伦流行乐了 |
[11:01] | I’m relaxing. | 我在放松啊 |
[11:02] | Let’s hope dancing isn’t part of his relaxation routine. | 希望跳舞不是他放松的一种方式 |
[11:05] | Oh, there’s Erica, the plaintiff. | 那位就是原告艾丽卡 |
[11:09] | Wow, she looks… | 她看上去… |
[11:11] | nice. | 状态很好 |
[11:13] | Are we going in? Or is standing outside part | 我们要进去吗 还是在外面干站着 |
[11:15] | of trial science, too? | 也是审讯的学问 |
[11:17] | Is it too late to switch sides? | 现在倒戈会不会太晚 |
[11:23] | Hand in your phone. Judge’s orders. | 手机要上交 这是法官的命令 |
[11:26] | Wait, what? Since when? | 等等 什么 什么时候开始的 |
[11:28] | Today. | 今天 |
[11:29] | You can have it back when you leave. | 离开的时候才可以拿走 |
[11:31] | Well, Marissa, this is where we part ways. | 玛丽莎 我们要暂时分别了 |
[11:34] | Looks like our judge has an aversion to technology. | 看来我们的法官很抵触高科技产品 |
[11:37] | Wow. It’s been a long time | 已经有好长一段时间 |
[11:39] | since you read a jury without backup! | 你独自一人分析陪审团了 |
[11:40] | Do you miss me yet? | 你已经开始想我了吗 |
[11:41] | Kidding? I love flying without a net. | 你在逗我吗 我就喜欢铤而走险 |
[11:44] | See you on the other side. | 地狱再会了 |
[11:46] | What historical figure do you most admire and why? | 你最崇拜的历史人物是谁 为什么 |
[11:49] | Your Honor, is this jury selection or a talk show? | 尊敬的法官 这是在挑选陪审员还是脱口秀 |
[11:52] | She has the right to ask. | 她有权利提问 |
[11:53] | No matter how stupid | 不论问题在我们看来 |
[11:55] | it sounds to us. | 有多愚蠢 |
[11:57] | I assume there’s some strategy | 我想能提出这个问题 |
[11:58] | behind this question. | 一定也有她的道理 |
[11:59] | Historical figure? | 历史人物 |
[12:01] | I’d say Nikola Tesla. | 我会选择尼古拉·特斯拉 |
[12:02] | He was a visionary and wanted | 他是个很有远见 不可多得的人才 |
[12:04] | to give electricity to the world. | 将电力传播至全球 |
[12:07] | We move to strike, Your Honor. | 法官大人 我方申请排除该陪审员 |
[12:10] | Now, why would you strike someone who cares | 为何要排除一个 |
[12:11] | about intellect and innovation? | 热爱智慧和创新的人 |
[12:13] | Because she’s an idealist, | 因为她是个理想主义者 |
[12:15] | and we want pragmatic jurors who will put up | 我们希望找到务实的陪审团来配合你 |
[12:16] | with you because you’re the best, | 虽然你锋芒毕露 |
[12:18] | despite your prickly exterior. | 但你是行业的顶尖 |
[12:20] | How ’bout finding people who care about the facts? | 何不找到真正在乎真相的人呢 |
[12:22] | Juror number three. | 三号陪审员 |
[12:24] | I’d go with John McEnroe. | 我会选约翰·麦肯罗 |
[12:26] | That guy was fun to watch and played to win. | 这个人看起来很有意思 而且有好胜心 |
[12:27] | And if anyone got in his way, he’d shove that racket | 如果有人阻碍他的成功之路 他肯定会 |
[12:29] | – right up their… – Not | – 直接把那个人… – 请 |
[12:31] | In my courtroom, sir. | 不要在我的法庭过于放肆 先生 |
[12:32] | Do you see how they’re leaning away from you? | 你看到他们都在偏离你吗 |
[12:34] | – It’s because you’re alienating them. – Yes, well, | – 因为你在疏远他们 – 好吧 |
[12:37] | According to you, they’ll look past that. | 按你的说法 他们根本都不会在乎 |
[12:39] | Have you ever heard of the ass-to-awesome ratio? | 你有没有听说过天才在左 疯子在右 |
[12:42] | Because it means the bigger an ass you are, | 意思就是你越是疯癫越是无人理解 |
[12:45] | the better you’d better be. | 你就会变得越优秀 而你现在 |
[12:46] | And you’re reaching that threshold. | 就刚好在这个临界点 |
[12:47] | – Counselor? – Have you ever applied that ratio | – 律师 – 你自己理解这句话吗 |
[12:49] | – to yourself, Dr. Bull? – Cut it. | – 布尔博士 – 别说了 |
[12:51] | We move to strike | 我们申请排除这位陪审员 |
[12:53] | this juror, Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[12:54] | What? | 什么 |
[12:57] | No. No. | 不是 不是 |
[12:58] | Liberty, no. | 利伯蒂 不是 |
[13:00] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[13:03] | a brief recess, please? | 暂时休庭 可以吗 |
[13:04] | Marissa… | 玛丽莎… |
[13:05] | Bull, if you’re calling me this soon, | 布尔 你这么快就打来电话 |
[13:07] | something happened. | 那肯定是出了什么问题 |
[13:08] | Robeson happened. | 是罗伯逊 |
[13:09] | He’s managed to alienate almost every member | 他那态度所有陪审员都会讨厌他的 |
[13:12] | of the jury, and we haven’t even started. | 我们甚至还没开始 |
[13:13] | Who have we got left? | 剩下的都是什么人了 |
[13:15] | Well, we have two pragmatists. | 还有两个实用主义者 |
[13:17] | The rest are giving him the cold shoulder. | 其余的肯定不会让他好过 |
[13:19] | So what do we do? | 那我们怎么办 |
[13:20] | Give me a second. | 稍等一下 |
[13:21] | I’m gonna crack the door. | 我开门看看 |
[13:26] | Okay, | 好的 |
[13:28] | juror number two, bespoke suit, | 二号陪审员 订制西装 |
[13:30] | Patek Philippe watch. Flashy. | 百达翡丽手表 浮夸艳俗 |
[13:31] | Everything about him is expensive. | 一身行头就值不少钱 |
[13:33] | Uh, 34-year-old investment banker. | 三十四岁的投资银行家 |
[13:36] | His last two vacations were Vegas and… | 之前的两个假期他都去过拉斯维加斯和… |
[13:39] | …Vegas. | 拉斯维加斯 |
[13:41] | High-rollers’ table, I bet. | 估计是个赌徒 |
[13:43] | Look at him, sitting in that box like a king on a throne. | 看啊 他就像是坐在国王宝座上一样 |
[13:45] | Let’s talk about juror number 12. | 还有十二号陪审员 |
[13:47] | Looks like she’s itching to jump into the game. | 看上去她像是要马上投入比赛一样 |
[13:49] | Good guess. She coaches the Lady Jackals, | 没错 她是女子大学篮球队 |
[13:51] | women’s college basketball team. | 雌豺队的教练 |
[13:53] | Ejected from three of six games | 六场比赛有三场 |
[13:55] | for fighting with the ref. | 因和判决人产生争执 被驱逐出场 |
[13:57] | Pragmatists will vote for our doctor despite his attitude. | 实用主义者不会在乎医生的态度 并为他投票 |
[14:00] | But these guys will vote | 但这些人都只会 |
[14:02] | for him because of his attitude. | 因为他的态度做决定 |
[14:05] | It’s funny, | 有意思了 |
[14:07] | To save a client with a god complex. | 我们要从一群有上帝情节的人手中拯救委托人 |
[14:08] | we’re gonna fill the rest of the box with… | 我们所选择的是… |
[14:11] | A jury of gods. | 自诩为上帝的陪审团 |
[14:13] | We’ve got a high-finance investor, | 我们有巨额融资的投资人 |
[14:15] | the high-fashion designer, | 高级服装的设计师 |
[14:17] | high-scoring coach, high-calorie food critic. | 战果一流的教练 高热量美食评论家 |
[14:20] | These are all uncompromising, arrogant alphas. | 这些都是不会妥协 自傲自大的人 |
[14:23] | Let’s give ’em Greek names. | 来给他们起个希腊名字吧 |
[14:26] | Zeus, | 宙斯 |
[14:27] | Apollo, Athena… | 阿波罗 雅典娜… |
[14:31] | And Dionysus. | 还有狄俄尼索斯 |
[14:36] | For the food critic. | 给美食评论家取的 |
[14:37] | The god of wine and good times. | 美酒和欢乐时光之神 |
[14:39] | I like Dionysus. | 我喜欢狄俄尼索斯 |
[14:40] | I forgot you minored in Greek mythology. | 我忘记你选修过希腊神话了 |
[14:42] | That’s gonna come in handy. | 真是派上用场了 |
[14:43] | So our jury’s a bunch of jerks. | 所以我们的陪审员都很难搞咯 |
[14:45] | Not all of ’em. | 不全都是 |
[14:46] | We have two mere pragmatic mortals. | 有两个纯粹的实用主义者 |
[14:49] | Erica needs five of six to win. | 六个人中艾丽卡要拿下五个才能赢 |
[14:51] | She has everyone but Zeus. | 拿下了除宙斯之外的人 |
[14:53] | We just need the other gods | 我们只需要让剩下的众神 |
[14:54] | to see themselves in Robeson. | 在罗伯逊身上看到自己的影子 |
[14:56] | We have our work cut out for us. | 我们就八仙过海 各显神通吧 |
[14:57] | I will go assemble a godlike mirror jury. | 我来打造出一个上帝般的现实陪审团 |
[15:01] | I finished the deep dive on the surgery. | 我深入研究了手术 |
[15:03] | You’re gonna want to see this. | 你得看看这个 |
[15:07] | What I found scrubbing | 我发现 |
[15:09] | the hospital security footage is kind of amazing. | 反复查看医院的安全录像很有意思 |
[15:12] | Dr. Robeson didn’t just save Erica’s life once. | 罗伯逊医生救了艾丽卡的性命不止一次 |
[15:15] | He saved it three times during this surgery. | 在手术中他救了她三次 |
[15:17] | The first time, 12 minutes in. | 第一次 在十二分钟的时候 |
[15:20] | Erica’s breathing gets hoarse. | 艾丽卡的呼吸急促 |
[15:22] | Her face gets red. | 脸色泛红 |
[15:24] | She’s having a reaction to the propofol. | 她对麻醉剂过敏 |
[15:25] | But the anesthesiologist didn’t catch it. | 但是麻醉师没有发现这点 |
[15:28] | Robeson did. | 罗伯逊发现了 |
[15:28] | He gave her a combo of Benadryl and steroids. | 他给她注射了可他敏和类固醇的组合剂 |
[15:31] | Then, two hours in, | 然后是两小时的时候 |
[15:33] | Erica’s lost a lot of blood. | 艾丽卡大量失血 |
[15:35] | But watch the nurse. | 但是你看护士的反应 |
[15:37] | She’s totally confused, and Robeson | 她完全不知所措 |
[15:38] | has to come over to help her pick the right bag. | 罗伯逊只好亲自过来帮她选择血袋 |
[15:40] | B-negative. That could have made her sick, | B型阴性血 这可能会让她产生不良反应 |
[15:42] | even killed her. What’s the finale? | 甚至是丧命 最后一次是什么 |
[15:44] | The bleeding’s gotten so bad they can’t continue. | 失血太严重 手术无法继续 |
[15:47] | Robeson pulls Atticus out of the surgery, steps forward, | 罗伯逊把机械臂换下来 自己上前 |
[15:50] | and performs the hysterectomy by hand. | 用手进行了子宫切除术 |
[15:55] | Robeson saved her life | 罗伯逊救了她的性命三次 |
[15:56] | three times. But I don’t understand why these mistakes | 但我不明白 为什么他没有把这些失误 |
[15:59] | aren’t in his notes. | 记录下来 |
[16:00] | Simple. | 很简单 |
[16:02] | Robeson covered it up. | 罗伯逊替他俩打了掩护 |
[16:04] | But-but why? | 但是为什么 |
[16:06] | I mean, they’re not his mistakes. | 这又不是他的失误 |
[16:07] | They are, in a way. | 在某种程度上 它们是 |
[16:09] | Exactly. I spoke to one of the many hospital employees | 就是他的失误 我跟医院被罗伯逊惹怒的 |
[16:14] | Robeson, uh, rubbed the wrong way. | 众多职员之一谈过 |
[16:16] | And it turns out he pulled strings | 原来他暗箱操作了一番 |
[16:17] | to get these two on his team that day. | 才把这两人弄到那天的团队里 |
[16:19] | Question is, why? | 问题是 为什么呢 |
[16:21] | What else is this god hiding? | 这位大神还有什么隐瞒 |
[16:29] | So, Doc, | 医生 |
[16:31] | here’s the thing. We’re having some trouble | 是这样的 你在手术室挑选助手的眼光 |
[16:33] | with your eye for talent in the O.R. | 让我们碰到了些问题 |
[16:36] | – Really? – Mmm. | – 是吗 – 嗯 |
[16:38] | You pulled rank to get the anesthesiologist, | 你运用职权让麻醉师 |
[16:39] | Dr. Edwyn, into the O.R. | 埃德温博士进了手术室 |
[16:42] | A man whose record is average, at best. | 他的技术撑死了也就是平均水平 |
[16:45] | He is, however, an excellent golfer. | 但是 他是位出色的高尔夫球手 |
[16:47] | And he pulled rank | 而且他动用关系 |
[16:49] | to get you into his fancy country club. | 让你进了他的高级乡间俱乐部 |
[16:51] | Are you suggesting | 你的意思是 |
[16:52] | I request him so I can play at a nice golf course? | 我为了能在高级场地打球 就把他调进手术室 |
[16:54] | I’ll admit, it felt like a stretch. | 我承认 有点牵强 |
[16:56] | Until we learned that, um, Kelly Abbott, | 直到我们得知 凯莉·艾伯特 |
[16:59] | the nurse you most often requested, | 你最常调用的护士 |
[17:01] | has been criticized for slow response time, | 被指反应时间太长 |
[17:03] | and you had an affair with her 18 months ago. | 而你十八个月前跟她偷情 |
[17:05] | We didn’t have an affair. | 我们没有偷情 |
[17:06] | Neither of us are married. | 我俩都没结婚 |
[17:07] | Never have been. | 从没结过婚 |
[17:09] | And this isn’t worth my breath. | 这不值得我浪费时间 |
[17:10] | Yes, it is. | 不 它值得 |
[17:12] | Terry, this is your life. | 特伦 这是你的人生 |
[17:14] | Now sit down and let us try | 冷静地坐好 |
[17:16] | to help you save it. | 让我们帮助你 |
[17:19] | I chose my team with the same care that you chose yours. | 我选择团队的出发点和你一样 |
[17:22] | Preparing for surgery is like preparing for battle. | 准备手术好比备战 |
[17:24] | There are dozens of risks. | 有不计其数的风险 |
[17:25] | Now, the known risks I can handle. | 我能处理那些已知风险 |
[17:27] | It’s the unknown risks… Those are the landmines. | 未知风险… 就是需要规避的雷区 |
[17:29] | Now, if I want to be successful, | 如果我想成功 |
[17:31] | I need to turn those unknowns into knowns. | 我得把未知变成已知 |
[17:34] | In the hospital, mistakes are inevitable. | 在医院里 犯错是无可避免的 |
[17:36] | That is why I use Dr. Edwyn and Nurse Abbott… | 所以我调用了埃德温博士和艾伯特护士… |
[17:38] | Not because they won’t make mistakes, | 不是因为他们不会犯错 |
[17:40] | but because I know what mistakes they will make. | 而是因为我知道他们会犯哪些错 |
[17:42] | And our records show that we are an excellent team. | 记录显示 我们是个出色的团队 |
[17:44] | You can’t have flawless, so you go for predictable. | 做不到万无一失 所以你选择有备无患 |
[17:47] | The problem is, her surgery | 问题是 她的手术 |
[17:49] | was neither predictable nor flawless. | 既非有备无患 也非万无一失 |
[17:51] | And their whole case hinges on the idea that | 此案之所以成立 就是因为他们声称 |
[17:54] | you violated the standard of care. | 你违反了医师责任标准 |
[17:55] | And you’re doing their work for them. | 你给他们擦屁股 |
[17:57] | They are gonna say that you were distracted | 他们会说 你在至关重要的时刻 |
[17:59] | at very critical moments. | 分散了注意力 |
[18:02] | Why would I bring in people that would cause a disaster? | 我干嘛要自找麻烦 带祸害进手术室 |
[18:06] | Golf. | 高尔夫 |
[18:07] | Sex. | 性 |
[18:08] | I’d stick with golf, | 我觉得是因为高尔夫 |
[18:10] | because a subpar performance is considered good. | 表现欠佳才被认为是良好 |
[18:12] | Terry, we dig up these facts | 特伦 我们挖出这些事 |
[18:14] | because we’d rather prepare for them here | 是因为我们宁可在这里做好准备 |
[18:15] | than get ambushed in court. | 也不想在法庭上被设计 |
[18:17] | Do you know why I chose Nurse Abbott? | 你知道我为什么选择艾伯特护士吗 |
[18:20] | She’s not slow. | 她不是慢 |
[18:21] | She’s fast? | 她很快吗 |
[18:22] | She’s thorough. | 她是全面 |
[18:23] | Records processes hundreds of surgeries | 我们医院有成百上千的手术 |
[18:25] | from our hospital. We’re the busiest in the area. | 需要参考记录 我们是其中最忙的 |
[18:27] | Records got the blood type wrong. | 记录把血型弄错了 |
[18:29] | Kelly caught it because she cross-referenced | 凯莉发现了 因为她把图表和记录 |
[18:31] | the charts with the records | 进行了交叉比对 |
[18:32] | and saw two blood types listed. | 然后看到上面列出了两种血型 |
[18:34] | And as a result, we were only able to save Erica’s life | 最终 因为她准备了两种不同血型 |
[18:36] | because she had the two different blood types on hand. | 我们才得以拯救艾丽卡的性命 |
[18:40] | And as for Dr. Edwyn, | 至于埃德温博士 |
[18:41] | what you can’t see is how cool he is under pressure. | 你没发现他在高压之下依然镇定自若 |
[18:45] | The only other available anesthesiologist that morning | 那天早上其他唯一一个有空的麻醉师 |
[18:47] | is a bag of nerves. He drives me crazy. | 极度焦虑 他简直要逼疯我了 |
[18:49] | Now, Edwyn handled a life-or-death circumstance | 埃德温在生死攸关的时刻 |
[18:52] | without breaking a sweat. | 泰然自若 |
[18:54] | That’s also what makes him a scratch golfer. | 这也是他成为零差点高尔夫球手的原因 |
[19:01] | So… | 所以… |
[19:03] | we know he can do that. | 我们知道他能行 |
[19:08] | He’s more than just ego. | 他并非只有自负 |
[19:10] | He has a mind, | 他有思想 |
[19:11] | and it’s brilliant. Who wouldn’t want to be around that? | 而且才华横溢 谁会不想跟这样的人在一起 |
[19:14] | It’s exciting. | 让人觉得兴奋不已 |
[19:15] | Invigorating. And, yes, | 倍受鼓舞 不过也确实 |
[19:17] | it’s infuriating, crazy-making. | 会让人生气抓狂 |
[19:20] | If only you could change him… | 如果你能改变他… |
[19:22] | Yes… No. Well… | 是… 不对 呃… |
[19:24] | If he were just… | 如果他… |
[19:26] | a little bit more… | 再多一点… |
[19:29] | Tolerable? | 容忍心 |
[19:31] | When I finally left him, | 我最后离开他的时候 |
[19:35] | I thought he’d actually try to win me back. | 我以为他会试着挽回我 |
[19:37] | Maybe he knew he could never give you… | 也许他知道 他永远也无法… |
[19:41] | what you need. | 给你想要的 |
[19:45] | If the gods on our jury are these arrogant jerks, | 如果我们陪审团的众神是这些自大的混球 |
[19:48] | they’re never gonna listen to anyone. | 那他们就是油盐不进 |
[19:50] | Not experts and certainly not lawyers. | 专家和律师的话都不会听 |
[19:52] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[19:54] | We have an opportunity here. | 我们眼前就有个机会 |
[19:56] | We have a panel of jurors so self-absorbed | 我们的陪审员都只关注自身 |
[19:59] | that each one of them is gonna think | 他们每一个人都会觉得 |
[20:01] | that we’re talking directly to them. | 我们的话在针对他们 |
[20:03] | And how do we do that? | 我们怎么做到这点 |
[20:05] | Well, we start with the plaintiff’s | 我们从原告的王牌目击证人 |
[20:07] | star witness, Dr. Talbertson, | 泰尔伯特森医生那里着手 |
[20:09] | senior gynecological surgeon at New York Sacred Heart. | 他是纽约圣心医院的高级妇产科医生 |
[20:13] | They are relying on him to prove that Robeson | 他们指望他能证明 |
[20:15] | violated standard of care. | 罗伯逊违反了医师责任标准 |
[20:17] | And he’s gonna say something like… | 他会说一些… |
[20:18] | When faced with severe bleeding, | 当面对严重出血时 |
[20:20] | the key is to promote clotting. | 关键在于提升凝血度 |
[20:22] | You give drugs, | 医生要注射药剂 |
[20:24] | give transfusions, | 进行输血 |
[20:26] | and, above all, give time. | 最重要的是 要等待凝血 |
[20:28] | And did Dr. Robeson do all three? | 罗伯逊医生做到上述三点了吗 |
[20:32] | But instead of giving it time, | 但是他没有留出时间来等待血液凝固 |
[20:33] | he rushed to the hysterectomy. | 而是直接做了子宫切除术 |
[20:36] | No doubt he had a surgery waiting or… | 毫无疑问 他还有另外的手术要做 或者 |
[20:39] | What do you know, you hack? | 你懂什么 你这个二流货 |
[20:40] | What do I do? | 我该怎么做呢 |
[20:41] | You let him vent. | 你任由他发泄 |
[20:42] | The gods will love it. | 诸神会喜欢的 |
[20:44] | But cut him off before the judge finds him in contempt. | 但是要在法官认为他蔑视法庭之前打断他 |
[20:46] | No, ask him how long it took him to get board certified. | 问他自己花了多长时间拿到执业医师资格证 |
[20:49] | How many research grants does he have? | 他有多少研究拨款 |
[20:51] | Counselor. | 律师 |
[20:52] | – Terry. – Is it your belief | – 特伦 – 在你看来 |
[20:54] | That if Dr. Robeson had exercised diligence, | 如果罗伯逊足够尽职 |
[20:56] | good judgment, and waited for clotting to take hold, | 能够做到准确判断 并且等待血液凝固的话 |
[20:59] | Erica would still be able to have children? | 艾丽卡还是能够怀孕的对吧 |
[21:02] | Yes, it is. | 是的 没错 |
[21:03] | – We have no further questions. – BULL: Robeson’s outburst | – 没有更多问题了 – 罗伯逊的爆发 |
[21:05] | Got their attention. | 引起他们的注意了 |
[21:06] | Now you keep it | 现在你让他们保持注意力 |
[21:07] | by using tailored language, words that make | 用到的词句要因人而异 |
[21:10] | each god feel that | 让每个人都觉得我们的论断 |
[21:12] | our reasoning is their reasoning. | 就是他们自己的论断 |
[21:13] | Take Zeus, an investment banker. | 拿宙斯举例 一名投资银行家 |
[21:15] | He’ll respond to statistical analysis. | 他会对统计分析作出回应 |
[21:17] | Dr. Talbertson, how often have any | 泰尔伯特森医生 在你所做的手术中 |
[21:20] | of your myomectomies resulted in an emergency hysterectomy? | 子宫肌瘤导致紧急的子宫切除术多常发生一次 |
[21:23] | I’ve been practicing 20 years… | 在我从业的这二十年里 |
[21:25] | Three times, according to hospital records. | 三次 根据医院的记录 |
[21:28] | And were those three times | 那这三次 |
[21:29] | an avoidable risk | 是可以避免的险情 |
[21:31] | – or just bad luck? – I don’t take risks | – 还是仅仅因为倒霉 – 我从来 |
[21:33] | in my O.R. | 不在自己的手术室里冒险 |
[21:35] | Really? Let’s examine that. | 真的吗 让我们来检查一下 |
[21:36] | Now that Zeus is listening, you turn to Athena. | 既然宙斯在听了 你可以转向雅典娜了 |
[21:39] | You’ll appeal to her | 她是一名篮球教练 |
[21:40] | as a basketball coach | 你可以抓住她对胜利的渴望的这点 |
[21:41] | hell-bent on winning. | 来吸引她的注意 |
[21:43] | So you claim that Dr. Robeson rushed | 你声称罗伯逊过于着急 |
[21:46] | to perform the emergency procedure. | 进行紧急切除手术 |
[21:49] | Like an armchair general | 就像一个纸上谈兵的将军 |
[21:50] | second-guessing another’s battle plan, but | 对别人的战斗计划事后诸葛 |
[21:54] | when things went wrong in your O.R., Doctor, | 但是当你的手术出了问题 医生 |
[21:56] | how long did you wait before beginning the hysterectomy? | 在你开始子宫切除术之前等了多久呢 |
[21:59] | I really couldn’t say. | 我真的说不好 |
[22:00] | Three | 平均下来 |
[22:01] | unit transfusions… on average. | 你进行了三次单位输血 |
[22:03] | So do you recall the number of Dr. Robeson’s | 所以你还记得罗伯逊医生 |
[22:06] | unit transfusions? | 单位输血的次数吗 |
[22:09] | I do not. | 不记得了 |
[22:10] | Almost four. | 几乎四次 |
[22:11] | So Dr. Robeson gave more time | 所以罗伯逊医生比你留出了更多时间 |
[22:13] | for the bleeding to stop than you did. | 来等血液凝固 |
[22:16] | And Dionysus? | 那么酒神呢 |
[22:18] | Our food critic. | 我们的美食评论家 |
[22:19] | Did you rush to judgment? Did you feel | 你是不是着急作出判断 |
[22:21] | the heat of the fire and panic | 你在厨房里的时候有没有感受到 |
[22:22] | in the kitchen? | 火焰的热量和那种焦灼感 |
[22:23] | Were you guilty of malpractice? | 以渎职罪起诉你 你认吗 |
[22:25] | There are other factors. | 有其他的原因在 |
[22:27] | There always are. | 总有其他原因的 |
[22:28] | For instance, when you say that Dr. Robeson | 比如 你刚刚说 罗伯逊医生如此着急 |
[22:30] | rushed because he had another surgery waiting. | 是因为他还有其他手术要做 |
[22:33] | Isn’t it true that the waitlist for Dr. Robeson is | 预约罗伯逊医生做手术的病人 |
[22:35] | months long, while yours is…? | 是不是都得等好几个月 而你呢 |
[22:37] | It’s less. | 要少一些 |
[22:38] | And why do you suppose that is? | 你觉得是什么原因 |
[22:39] | Could it be because the success rate | 是不是因为罗伯逊医生的 |
[22:41] | for Dr. Robeson is near perfect, | 手术成功率几乎是百分之百 |
[22:44] | while yours is… | 而你的… |
[22:46] | To borrow your own words… less? | 借用你的话来说 要少一些 |
[22:50] | More surgeries | 更多的手术量 |
[22:53] | and a higher success rate. | 以及更高的成功率 |
[22:56] | It seems to me that | 在我看来 |
[22:58] | Dr. Robeson is more of an expert than you are. | 罗伯特医生比起你更像一个专家 |
[23:05] | Liberty’s cross-examination of | 利伯蒂对泰尔伯特森医师的交叉提问 |
[23:07] | Dr. Talbertson couldn’t have gone any better. | 简直是无懈可击 |
[23:10] | So Erica started out with five. | 所以艾丽卡一开始有五名支持者 |
[23:12] | Now it’s an even split… Three for, three against. | 现在局势对半分了 三位支持 三位反对 |
[23:14] | And Erica needs five to win. | 并且艾丽卡还有五位要争取 |
[23:16] | It’s great odds. | 胜算很大啊 |
[23:18] | Oh, we are not out of the woods yet. | 我们还有很多问题要解决 |
[23:20] | Erica’s gonna take the stand next. | 接下来艾丽卡会出庭 |
[23:21] | You couldn’t ask for a more sympathetic plaintiff. | 从来没见过比她更令人同情的原告了 |
[23:24] | Ms. Povery, | 普洛瑞女士 |
[23:25] | when did you and your husband decide to start a family? | 你和你的丈夫是什么时候决定要孩子的 |
[23:28] | During his last tour in Afghanistan. | 在他最后一次去阿富汗的时候 |
[23:29] | When he got back for good, we started trying. | 当他回来定居的时候 我们开始努力的 |
[23:32] | Did you ask your doctor why you were unable to conceive? | 你问过你的医生为什么你不能怀孕吗 |
[23:34] | She said I had uterine fibroids. | 她说我有子宫肌瘤 |
[23:36] | And did she recommend a surgeon? | 然后她推荐你去做手术是吗 |
[23:38] | Yes. | 是 |
[23:39] | Dr. Robeson. | 她推荐了罗伯逊医生 |
[23:41] | She said he was the best. | 她说他是最好的 |
[23:43] | And after the surgery, how did Dr. Robeson behave toward you? | 在手术之后 罗伯逊医生对你的态度是怎样的 |
[23:47] | He barely acknowledged me. | 他几乎没有理我 |
[23:49] | Mumbled something. | 含糊其辞 |
[23:51] | A nurse had to come in later and explain what happened. | 之后一个护士不得不进来向我解释发生了什么 |
[23:55] | I tried calling him. | 我试过给他打电话 |
[23:57] | He didn’t return my call. | 但是他没有回 |
[23:59] | How is that | 这样怎么能 |
[24:01] | being the best? | 被称为是最好的呢 |
[24:04] | Your witness. | 该你了 |
[24:08] | Erica, | 艾丽卡 |
[24:10] | I appreciate how hard this is for you. | 我知道这对你来说有多痛苦 |
[24:12] | Especially considering… | 特别是考虑到… |
[24:14] | well, would you agree that the defendant, Dr. Robeson, | 你是否同意 被告罗伯逊医生 |
[24:17] | is kind of a jerk? | 是个混蛋 |
[24:18] | Objection! | 反对 |
[24:21] | She’s trashing her own client. | 他是在贬损自己的客户 |
[24:23] | Are you sure you want to object? | 你确定你要反对吗 |
[24:25] | Objection withdrawn. | 反对撤回 |
[24:27] | Are you aware that | 你知不知道 |
[24:28] | Winston Churchill was called a jerk? | 温斯顿·丘吉尔也曾被叫做混蛋 |
[24:31] | Steve Jobs, a jerk. | 史蒂夫·乔布斯 也是一个混蛋 |
[24:33] | I guess. | 可能吧 |
[24:35] | World-class achievers | 拥有世界级成就的人 |
[24:37] | and world-class egos go hand in hand. | 也总是有超级强的自尊心 |
[24:40] | So thank God you can’t sue someone for being a jerk. | 感谢上帝 你没因为别人过于自负就起诉他 |
[24:44] | I’m not suing him for being a jerk. | 我不是因为他自负就起诉他 |
[24:46] | I’m suing him because he made a mistake. | 而是因为他犯了错误 |
[24:49] | And his ego is | 而且 |
[24:50] | so big he can’t even admit it. | 他的自尊心太强了 他甚至不肯承认 |
[24:52] | My husband and I have been trying to have children | 我的丈夫和我为了能怀上孩子 |
[24:56] | for years. This surgery | 努力了很久 |
[24:58] | was supposed to allow us to fulfill that dream. | 这次手术本来能让我们圆了这个梦的 |
[25:00] | He knew that. | 他知道的 |
[25:02] | Instead, | 然而 |
[25:03] | he butchered me. | 他却割了我的子宫 |
[25:09] | I wanted to be a mom. | 我想做一个母亲 |
[25:14] | This jerk missed the point of her surgery. | 这个混蛋错过了她手术的时机 |
[25:17] | – He should have tried harder. – He wouldn’t risk | – 他本应更努力的 – 他不会 |
[25:19] | His ego by talking to his own patient. | 和自己的病人谈话来挑战自己的自尊 |
[25:21] | Weak. | 弱鸡 |
[25:23] | I wonder how much for that watch. | 我想知道那块表多少钱 |
[25:25] | Something’s up with Dionysus. | 酒神有些不对劲 |
[25:27] | Erica turned two jurors against us. | 艾丽卡让两位陪审员转而反对我们 |
[25:30] | I mean, they feel she’s been wronged, | 他们觉得她受了委屈 |
[25:32] | even if she didn’t technically prove | 即使她没有从技术上证明 |
[25:33] | Terry violated her standard of care. | 特伦违反了医师责任标准 |
[25:36] | That’s not the only challenge we’ve come across today. | 我们今天可不止这一个麻烦 |
[25:38] | Dionysus was paying more attention to Zeus’ watch | 酒神把更多注意力放在宙斯的表上 |
[25:42] | than paying attention to Erica’s testimony. | 而不是关注艾丽卡的证词 |
[25:45] | And that is wrong on many levels. | 这怎么都说不过去 |
[25:51] | Dionysus has a spring in his step. | 酒神脚上安了弹簧 |
[25:54] | Yup, the spring of a man about to step into a new Mercedes. | 没错 弹跳着奔向一辆新的梅赛德斯 |
[25:56] | I tailed him all the way from the dealership. | 我一路跟踪他从经销商那里过来 |
[25:58] | According to his e-mails, | 根据他的信件 |
[25:59] | he also just put in for a two-week vacation. | 他刚刚申请了一个两周的假期 |
[26:02] | Where is he off to? Mount Olympus? | 他要去哪里 奥林匹斯山吗 |
[26:04] | St. Barts. His room’s going for two grand a night. | 圣巴斯岛 他的房间一晚上一千美元 |
[26:07] | St. Barts. I like St. Barts. | 圣巴斯岛 我喜欢圣巴斯岛 |
[26:09] | So the son of a bitch has been bought off. | 所以这狗娘养的已经被收买了 |
[26:12] | Yeah, someone else is definitely working this trial. | 没错 一定有人在操纵这场审判 |
[26:14] | Well, nobody messes with my jury but me. | 除了我以外没人能搅乱我的陪审团 |
[26:23] | I found this guy Victor. He’s a contract fixer. | 我发现了这个叫维克多的 是个合同调解员 |
[26:26] | Danny got some photos of him. | 丹尼拍了一些他的照片 |
[26:28] | And who is he speaking with? | 他这是在和谁讲话呢 |
[26:30] | Alexander Greyridge, PhD, | 亚历山大·盖瑞博士 |
[26:31] | VP of the company that makes the Atticus robotic arm. | 制作机械臂的那家公司的副总裁 |
[26:35] | So Atticus bought the fixer, | 所以机械臂买通了调解员 |
[26:36] | the fixer bought the juror. | 调解员买通了陪审团 |
[26:37] | Right. | 没错 |
[26:38] | Dionysus is on our side, but not under our control. | 酒神是站在我们这边 但是他不受我们控制 |
[26:41] | I still haven’t found a digital footprint yet. | 我还没有发现任何网络痕迹 |
[26:44] | And I don’t really understand why they’re so desperate | 而且我实在是不明白 为什么他们如此急切地 |
[26:46] | to get Robeson off. | 想要摆脱罗伯逊 |
[26:47] | I need access to the Atticus, but | 我需要接近机械臂 |
[26:50] | it’s secured inside the hospital. | 但是医院里的安保很严密 |
[26:52] | Remember that outfit | 还记得 |
[26:53] | Danny wore to the Halloween party last year? | 去年丹尼穿去万圣节派对的那一身吗 |
[26:56] | What, the nurse’s outfit? | 什么 护士服吗 |
[26:57] | Mm. | 是 |
[26:59] | Oh. I see what you mean. | 我懂你什么意思了 |
[27:01] | I’ll let you two take it | 就交给你们俩了 |
[27:03] | from there. Have fun. | 玩得开心点 |
[27:16] | 43-year-old single malt. | 四十三年历史的单一纯麦威士忌 |
[27:18] | You have impeccable taste, sir. | 你的品味真是完美无缺 先生 |
[27:20] | Thanks. I recognize you from court. | 谢谢 我认得你 |
[27:23] | You’re defending Robeson, right? | 你为罗伯逊辩护 是吧 |
[27:25] | I think we both are. | 我想我们两个都是 |
[27:27] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[27:30] | Relax. I’m not here to expose you. | 别紧张 我不是来揭发你的 |
[27:34] | I’m here to help you. | 我是来帮你的 |
[27:35] | Nicky… | 尼基… |
[27:38] | you’ve been making some noise. | 你一直在搞些小动作 |
[27:41] | I’ve been very discreet. | 我一直很谨慎 |
[27:45] | Nicholas, a $200 bottle of Scotch, | 尼古拉斯 一瓶两千美元的苏格兰威士忌 |
[27:47] | a plane ticket to St. Barts, | 一张飞往圣巴特岛的机票 |
[27:48] | and a new Mercedes is not discreet. | 还有一辆崭新奔驰 这些可不谨慎 |
[27:51] | You know what’ll happen if you get caught? | 你清楚被抓到的后果吧 |
[27:54] | Five years. | 蹲五年大牢 |
[27:55] | And you would have to find your own defense attorney, because | 到时你就不得不自己找辩护律师了 因为 |
[27:57] | our mutual benefactor wouldn’t be able to help you out. | 我们彼此的赞助人将无法帮你 |
[28:00] | Victor said he’d help me out. | 维克多说过他愿意帮我的 |
[28:02] | Victor. | 维克多 |
[28:04] | Maybe you don’t know Victor | 你也许没有自己想象中 |
[28:07] | as well as you think you do. | 那么了解维克多 |
[28:09] | If you keep misbehaving, | 如果你还有不正当行为 |
[28:11] | I’ll go to the judge myself. | 我为亲自去找法官 |
[28:18] | I want out. Please? | 我不玩了 好吧 |
[28:20] | There’s got to be a way. | 肯定有办法的 |
[28:22] | I’ll tell Victor. | 我会告诉维克多 |
[28:24] | Just don’t show up in court. | 你就不要再出庭了 |
[28:34] | This is ridiculous! Where is juror number four? | 荒唐 四号陪审员在哪里 |
[28:39] | That’s it! | 够了 |
[28:41] | Officer, we need a replacement for juror number four. | 法警 我们需要四号陪审员的接替者 |
[28:43] | Please call the first alternate. | 请传唤第一名候补人选 |
[28:45] | Alternate juror number one? | 一号候补陪审员 |
[28:48] | Ah, that would be Gladys, | 是格拉迪斯 |
[28:51] | licensed sex therapist. | 有牌照的性治疗师 |
[28:53] | Looks like we’re in for some mutually-gratifying | 我们可以期待令双方都愉快的 |
[28:55] | deliberations. | 审议了 |
[28:57] | I think we call her Aphrodite. | 我们就叫她爱美神吧 |
[28:59] | Nice work getting rid of Dionysus. | 除掉酒神的招很漂亮 |
[29:01] | Tell me Aphrodite’s had a consensual effect on our jury. | 是不是爱美神在陪审团中能引起大家的共鸣 |
[29:05] | Oh, our jury loves her. | 陪审团都爱她 |
[29:06] | See for yourself. | 你自己看 |
[29:08] | Well, leave it to a sex therapist | 团结奥林匹斯山众神的任务就交给 |
[29:10] | to have all the skills it takes to unite Mount Olympus. | 一个足智多谋的性治疗师了 |
[29:12] | But she has already | 但她已经对我们的 |
[29:13] | formed an opinion of our good doctor, | 好医生有了个人观点 |
[29:15] | and it’s not so therapeutic. | 这可没有什么帮助 |
[29:17] | So, what does it take for someone with a big heart | 怎样使一个善良的人同情一个 |
[29:21] | to warm to someone with a prickly ego? | 自大狂人呢 |
[29:22] | We are talking about me | 我们是不是在讨论 |
[29:24] | and Terry now, aren’t we? | 我和特伦 |
[29:25] | Are we? | 有吗 |
[29:37] | Cable, let’s go. | 凯博 行动 |
[29:40] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:47] | Hurry, Cable. | 赶紧 凯博 |
[29:48] | We’ve got a tight window to hack into Atticus. | 我们只有很短的时间侵入机械臂的程序 |
[29:50] | We need a go word. | 我们需要一个下达命令的词 |
[29:52] | What? | 什么 |
[29:53] | You know, a word that tells the other person that | 就是一个告诉别人 |
[29:55] | The coast is clear. Something like… ampicillin? | 可以采取行动的词 比如…氨比西林 |
[29:58] | Ampicillin? | 氨比西林 |
[29:59] | I don’t know. What did you use in the bureau? | 我不知道 你以前在局里用什么 |
[30:01] | – We used to say, “Clear.” | – 我们会说 “安全” |
[30:04] | Okay, clear. | 好的 安全 |
[30:15] | This is incredible. | 不可思议 |
[30:16] | It’s a near-flawless system. | 这系统几乎完美 |
[30:18] | 10,000 self-checks a second, no history of malfunction. | 每秒进行一万次自检 没有故障历史 |
[30:21] | Wait. When was Erica’s surgery? | 等等 艾丽卡的手术是什么时候 |
[30:23] | The 16th. | 十六号 |
[30:24] | There was an update just two days before that, | 在手术两天前系统有一个更新 |
[30:26] | but they installed a patch the day after Erica’s operation. | 但手术后的那天他们安装了一个补丁 |
[30:29] | Why the hell would they do that? | 为什么要这样做 |
[30:30] | Uh-oh. Cable, we have a house call. Come on. Come on. | 凯博 有人来了 快来 |
[30:32] | I’m on it. | 来了 |
[30:39] | You’re fast, Doc, | 你很快 医生 |
[30:40] | but I’m faster. | 但我更快 |
[30:49] | Is anybody in here? | 有人在吗 |
[30:51] | Security? | 保安 |
[30:53] | Hi. This is Dr. Lewis. | 我是路易斯医生 |
[30:55] | I’m trying to get into O.R. Room three… | 我想进入三号手术室… |
[30:56] | Hey. Doc. | 喂 医生 |
[30:56] | …and the keypad won’t work. | …密码不起作用了 |
[30:58] | Go. | 行动 |
[30:59] | Dr. Lewis. | 路易斯医生 |
[31:00] | Dr. Lewis to the ER. | 路易斯医生 请到急诊室来 |
[31:02] | Dr. Lewis, you’re needed in the ER. | 路易斯医生 急诊室需要你 |
[31:05] | Clear? | 安全了 |
[31:06] | Ampicillin. | 氨比西林 |
[31:07] | Atticus’s quarterly | 机械臂公司 |
[31:10] | software update caused | 每季度的软件更新导致 |
[31:11] | an error in one of the arm’s calibrations. | 其中一个机械臂没有校准 |
[31:13] | It wasn’t much. | 误差不大 |
[31:14] | Less than 100 nanometers off of what Robeson commanded. | 和罗伯逊要求的相差少于一百纳米 |
[31:17] | But impossible for the human eye to detect. | 肉眼无法察觉 |
[31:19] | It was already | 这手术已经 |
[31:20] | a bloody surgery, making it difficult to see clearly. | 够血腥的了 导致视线受阻 |
[31:23] | But when Robeson commanded Atticus | 当罗伯逊命令机械臂 |
[31:24] | to cut into one of the hard-to-reach fibroids, | 切除其中一个棘手的子宫纤维瘤时 |
[31:27] | it nicked one of Erica’s blood vessels. | 它切到了艾丽卡的一条血管 |
[31:30] | Terry didn’t make a mistake. Atticus did. | 特伦没有犯错 是机械臂错了 |
[31:32] | And they knew it, | 而他们心知肚明 |
[31:33] | so they patched the software and bribed Dionysus | 所以后来他们装了补丁 并贿赂了酒神 |
[31:36] | so they could buy the “Not liable” Verdict. | 希望可以买来无罪裁决 |
[31:40] | Didn’t want to damage the doctor’s good name. | 不想损害医生的好名声 |
[31:42] | It’s their best marketing tool. | 这是他们最好的营销手段 |
[31:44] | This evidence was obtained illegally. | 该证据获取的途径是非法的 |
[31:47] | We’re gonna have to subpoena Atticus for their records. | 我们要求发出传票 让机械臂交出操作记录 |
[31:49] | If they’re dirty enough to bribe a juror, | 如果他们都卑鄙到想收买陪审员 |
[31:51] | they’ll definitely cover up the patch. | 也必然会掩饰补丁程序的事 |
[31:53] | Oh, yeah. They’ll try. | 是的 他们会这样尝试 |
[31:56] | But if Liberty calls Dr. Greyridge to the stand | 但假如利伯蒂让盖瑞医生作证 |
[31:59] | and he’s the lead engineer for Atticus, | 考虑到他是机械臂的首席工程师 |
[32:01] | then he’ll assume he’s there to defend Robeson. | 他会认为自己是为罗伯逊辩护 |
[32:05] | Then we make him meet his own creation. | 那我们就让他直面他自己的发明 |
[32:10] | The Atticus Surgical System took 12 years and more than | 机械臂外科手术系统研发耗时十二年 |
[32:13] | $100 million to develop. | 投资超过一亿美元 |
[32:15] | And since then, | 从投入使用开始 |
[32:16] | how many surgical errors have been reported? | 有多少起手术事故报告 |
[32:18] | Zero. | 零起 |
[32:19] | None whatsoever. | 一起都没有 |
[32:21] | That is impressive. | 非常厉害 |
[32:24] | Would you be willing to put that to the test? | 你愿意现场测试一下机器吗 |
[32:27] | There’s a demo mode, if you’d like… | 有一个演示模式 如果你想… |
[32:28] | What about something more hands-on? | 不如来些实际一点的操作 |
[32:30] | Specifically, your hand on this table. | 比如说 把你的手放在桌面 |
[32:34] | We would like to play a version | 我们想演示一个 |
[32:37] | of the knife game. | 小刀游戏的版本 |
[32:40] | Only in place of the knife… | 只不过代替小刀的是… |
[32:45] | Objection. | 反对 |
[32:47] | Your Honor, we respect the court’s decision | 法官大人 我们尊重法庭 |
[32:48] | to use the machine, | 给予使用机器的决定 |
[32:50] | but this is turning into a sideshow, a dangerous one. | 但这会演变成一次杂耍 一次很危险的杂耍 |
[32:52] | I’m inclined to agree. | 我倾向于同意 |
[32:54] | Counselor, where are we going with this? | 律师 这演示的目的是什么 |
[32:56] | Nobody is going to get hurt. | 没有人会因此受伤 |
[32:57] | We have calibrated the machine to this grid. | 我们已经校准了机器要下刀的位置 |
[33:00] | The jury deserves to see it in action. | 陪审团需要看到其实际的操作 |
[33:04] | Dr. Greyridge? | 盖瑞医生 |
[33:09] | Of course. | 好吧 |
[33:12] | I trust Atticus. | 我信赖机械臂 |
[33:13] | Oh, one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[33:16] | In order for this to be accurate, | 为了让演示准确无误 |
[33:18] | we need to use the same version of the software | 我们要使用艾丽卡手术时候 |
[33:20] | that was used for Erica’s surgery. | 动用的程序版本 |
[33:23] | So we’ve had the technician roll it back. | 我们让技术人员把程序调回到那个状态 |
[33:25] | Everybody ready? | 都准备好了吗 |
[33:46] | When I give the word, we will demonstrate for the jury | 当我下达命令 我们将会向陪审团展示 |
[33:48] | the 100% accuracy | 机械臂外科手术系统 |
[33:50] | of the Atticus Surgical System, | 百分之百的准确率 |
[33:52] | calibrated with the same version of the software | 启用的程序版本和艾丽卡 |
[33:56] | used on the day of Erica’s surgery. | 当天手术的版本已经同步校准 |
[34:03] | And… | 准备… |
[34:05] | Wait! | 等等 |
[34:07] | Dr. Greyridge, what’s wrong? | 盖瑞医生 什么事 |
[34:08] | I-I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[34:10] | Are you saying that even in the hands of a skilled technician, | 你是否在说 即使有经验丰富的技术人员操作 |
[34:15] | atticus could miss? | 机械臂也有可能出错 |
[34:17] | He could cut the wrong thing? | 有可能切中错误的部位 |
[34:19] | I… I don’t know. | 我… 我不知道 |
[34:22] | How do you not know? | 你怎么可能不知道 |
[34:23] | Was there a change in the software recently? | 是不是最近进对软件进行了一次修改 |
[34:26] | A patch just 18 hours | 在艾丽卡术后十八小时 |
[34:29] | after Erica’s surgery? | 才安装了一个补丁 |
[34:34] | I… don’t have to answer that. | 我… 没必要做出回答 |
[34:44] | All right, one against and four on the fence. | 陪审席上是一对四 |
[34:47] | Zeus works with high-tech investing algorithms, | 宙斯研究的是高科技投资的运算法 |
[34:49] | so exposing the flaws | 所以把机械臂软件的缺陷 |
[34:51] | in Atticus’s software was enough to convince him. | 暴露出来就足以让他相信了 |
[34:53] | But I’m at a loss how to win over the others. | 但对其他人 我没有办法 |
[34:55] | I mean, the machine malfunctioned. | 我的意思是 机器出故障了 |
[34:57] | How could they not be swayed by that? | 他们怎能不为此受影响呢 |
[34:59] | Because this was never about the machine. | 因为这一直都不是关于机器 |
[35:01] | Or the surgery. | 不是手术的问题 |
[35:05] | It’s about what happened after. | 而是手术之后的问题 |
[35:07] | Robeson never violated any physical standard of care. | 罗伯逊根本没有违反医师责任标准 |
[35:10] | But when he wasn’t really there for Erica, | 但是他没有跟艾丽卡解释清楚 |
[35:14] | he violated an emotional one. | 这在情理上是说不过去的 |
[35:16] | They need to emotionally connect with him, | 这些陪审员必须跟他进行情理上的交流 |
[35:19] | or he’s done. | 否则他就完蛋了 |
[35:20] | And Aphrodite is the most influential juror. | 爱美神是最有影响力的陪审员 |
[35:23] | So we’re gonna turn her. | 要把她拉到我们这一边 |
[35:24] | Here’s everything we have on her. | 这是目前我们掌握的情况 |
[35:27] | Happily married, multiple awards in her field… | 婚姻幸福 在性治疗领域获得诸多奖项… |
[35:30] | Weekly advice column: | 在网上开设每周建议专栏 |
[35:32] | “Gladys Gets Intimate.” | 名叫”亲密无间” |
[35:33] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[35:34] | Here’s her latest post. | 这是她最新发布的文章 |
[35:36] | “Who is the Sexiest Man Alive? | “谁是最性感的男人 |
[35:38] | The One Who Knows He Can’t Fix Everything.” | 知道自己并非无所不能的男人才是” |
[35:41] | Do men really try to fix every… | 男人们真的会认为自己无所… |
[35:43] | Yes. You do. | 是的 你们就是这样 |
[35:44] | Aphrodite needs to hear a man say | 爱美神希望听到男人说 |
[35:46] | he can’t fix everything, so we’re putting Robeson | 他并非无所不能 所以我们得让罗伯逊 |
[35:49] | on the stand. | 也这么说 |
[35:50] | Wh…? You kidding me? | 什么 你在逗我吧 |
[35:52] | He’ll never admit to something he can’t do. | 他绝对不会承认有他办不到的事情 |
[35:54] | It’s true. You said it yourself, Bull. | 没错 你自己这么都说过 布尔 |
[35:56] | When it comes to surgery, Terry thinks he’s infallible. | 在外科手术方面 特伦觉得自己完美无缺 |
[35:58] | Nobody could make him say otherwise. | 没人能改变他的想法 |
[36:00] | Oh, I know someone who could. | 哦 我知道有人可以 |
[36:03] | Me? | 我吗 |
[36:07] | You went toe-to-toe with him and you struck a nerve. | 你跟他棋逢对手 上次说到了他的痛处 |
[36:09] | And now, Benny, | 现在 本尼 |
[36:10] | now I want you to go for his jugular. | 我想让你直击软肋 |
[36:15] | Sorry. Uh, Terry. | 不好意思 呃 特伦 |
[36:17] | What? So I’m testifying after all? | 怎么了 我终究还是要出庭辩解吗 |
[36:19] | Do you remember when you invited me | 记不记得有一次 |
[36:21] | to an operating theatre | 你请我去手术室观看 |
[36:22] | to watch a man get a high-tech pacemaker surgically installed? | 给一位病人安装心脏起搏器 |
[36:25] | Yeah. You threw up. | 记得 你都吐了 |
[36:26] | Twice. It wasn’t until you kissed me on the walk home | 还吐了两次 要不是在回家的路上你吻了我 |
[36:29] | that I realized that was our first date. | 我都没意识到那是我们第一次约会 |
[36:31] | I’m just glad I brought breath mints. | 真庆幸当时带了口香糖 |
[36:32] | What does this have to do with me taking the stand? | 这跟我需要出庭辩解有什么关系 |
[36:34] | Listen. | 听着 |
[36:36] | That was the worst idea for a first date ever. | 第一次约会去那种地方真的很差劲 |
[36:38] | You knew you screwed the whole thing up. | 你知道自己搞砸了约会 |
[36:40] | The man who, on our second date, | 而第二次约会则叫我 |
[36:42] | asked me to come with him to change his car tires, | 去帮你换汽车轮胎 |
[36:44] | and wore corduroy shorts | 你穿着印有航天局标志的球衣 |
[36:46] | and a stained NASA jersey that said, | 和灯芯绒短裤 |
[36:48] | “Failure Is Not An Option.” | 还说 “永不言败” |
[36:49] | Well, that was the day I fell for you. | 是的 我就是在那天爱上你的 |
[36:53] | You were just so easy to spend time with. | 跟你约会不用费脑筋 |
[36:55] | You made me laugh. | 你会逗我笑 |
[36:57] | Likewise, believe me. | 同样的 听我的 |
[36:58] | That jury has only seen Dr. Robeson, the surgeon. | 陪审团只看到了你作为外科医生的一面 |
[37:02] | They need to see Terry the endearing. | 他们要看到你可爱的一面 |
[37:05] | That’s the man I fell for. | 那才是我爱上的男人 |
[37:08] | That’s the man they need to see. | 那才是陪审员们需要看到的一面 |
[37:12] | Would you say you followed all reasonable protocols and standards? | 你是说你遵守了所有合理的规定和标准咯 |
[37:17] | No. I exceeded them. | 是的 我的做法还高于标准 |
[37:19] | But expert witnesses said that your actions fell below | 但是专家证人说你的行为没能达到 |
[37:22] | a reasonable standard of care. | 合理的医师责任标准 |
[37:24] | They were wrong. | 他们说错了 |
[37:25] | I… I believe you. | 我… 我相信你 |
[37:28] | But I don’t think that they do. | 但是我认为他们不会相信你 |
[37:32] | Why do you think that is? | 你觉得是什么原因呢 |
[37:35] | You’d have to ask them. | 那你得问他们啊 |
[37:37] | I can’t. | 我不 |
[37:38] | I’m asking you. | 我现在问你 |
[37:39] | You cut up an innocent woman. | 你伤害了一位无辜的妇女 |
[37:41] | I didn’t cut her up. | 我没有伤害她 |
[37:43] | I performed an operation… | 我只是做了手术… |
[37:44] | An operation she didn’t ask for. | 没想到手术结果会是这样 |
[37:46] | Now she can’t have kids. | 现在她不能生育了 |
[37:48] | She couldn’t have children | 那是因为她患有子宫肌瘤 |
[37:49] | before the surgery because of the fibroids. | 手术前她就不能生育 |
[37:51] | So that gives you permission to mangle a young woman’s body? | 所以你就要毁了这位年轻女士吗 |
[37:53] | I didn’t man… | 我没有毁… |
[37:55] | I saved her life. | 我救了她的命 |
[37:57] | Then why don’t they believe you? | 那为什么陪审员们不相信你呢 |
[37:59] | Well, I can’t force them | 我不能强迫他们 |
[38:00] | to believe me. | 来相信我 |
[38:01] | So, so let me get this straight. | 那好 现在我们来把话说清楚 |
[38:02] | You’re asking them to somehow | 你是让陪审员们钻进你 |
[38:04] | get inside your head during the operation? | 做手术时的大脑里好知道你在想什么 |
[38:07] | I don’t want them inside my head. | 我不想让他们钻进我的大脑里 |
[38:08] | Wh-wh-why? Because you’re such a private man? | 为什么 因为你非同寻常吗 |
[38:12] | Because you’re so brilliant they won’t understand? | 因为你医术高超 别人不懂你的想法吗 |
[38:14] | No, because it’s overwhelming! | 不是 因为有排山倒海的问题涌来 |
[38:16] | Do you want to know what’s | 你想知道那天 |
[38:18] | going on inside my head in the O.R. That day? | 在手术室里我的大脑里在想什么吗 |
[38:20] | Blood pressure 100/65, normal but dropping. | 血压是100/65 虽然正常但是在下降 |
[38:22] | Watch for 70 over 45. | 留意降到70/45的时候 |
[38:24] | Heart rhythm irregular… | 心律不齐… |
[38:25] | Common under anesthesia. | 但是在麻醉状态下属于正常情况 |
[38:26] | Incising first fibroid, tissue firmer than expected. | 切割第一块子宫肌瘤 比预想的要牢固 |
[38:30] | Adjust angle, oxygen, a bit too high, | 调整角度 血氧饱和度略高 |
[38:32] | may need pulse oximeter to verify. | 可能需要脉搏血氧仪来验证 |
[38:34] | And that’s just the first ten seconds. | 这只是前十秒想的问题 |
[38:36] | That all sounds very technical. | 听起来太专业了 |
[38:37] | Well, there are a dozen more decisions to be made | 那好 之后的每一秒都有一堆的决定 |
[38:39] | every second after that. | 需要去做 |
[38:40] | Decisions that call on every ounce of my education, | 做这些决定需要调用我所有的才智 |
[38:43] | my expertise, my judgment. | 所有的专业知识和判断能力 |
[38:46] | Decisions that threaten life, alter life, save life. | 这些决定能够危害生命 改变生命 拯救生命 |
[38:49] | Decisions that none of you are qualified to make, | 在座的没有一位有资格去做这些决定 |
[38:52] | none of you want to make. | 也没有人想做 |
[39:03] | You make a lot of friends at Harvard? | 你在哈佛大学有朋友吗 |
[39:08] | I went to Harvard because I wanted | 我去哈佛大学是因为我想 |
[39:10] | to be a great surgeon, and I am. | 成为一位伟大的外科医生 我确实做到了 |
[39:12] | I just can’t do anything else. | 除此之外我一无是处 |
[39:14] | This flood of information makes me excellent at what I do. | 这些丰富的学识让我在外科取得成就 |
[39:18] | I see flaws, I diagnose them. | 我给病人看病 确诊 |
[39:20] | I attack them and I fix them. | 着手治疗并治愈他们 |
[39:22] | In the O.R., I know exactly what to do, | 在手术室里 我很清楚该怎么做 |
[39:24] | whom to have on my team, when and where to cut and sew. | 挑选手术团队 哪里该切 哪里该缝 |
[39:26] | But outside… | 但是出了手术室… |
[39:31] | … that information fails me. | … 我的学问一无所用 |
[39:33] | I don’t know how to be around people. | 我不知道如何跟别人相处 |
[39:35] | How to prep a patient, | 如何让病人做好术前准备 |
[39:37] | to console her through a devastating loss… | 如何在她遭受如此的折磨后安慰她… |
[39:43] | What to say to the woman I loved…. | 要怎么告诉我爱的人… |
[39:47] | … to make her stay. | … 不要走留下来 |
[39:53] | Isn’t it enough that I was born | 难道我生来只为做好一件事 |
[39:55] | to do one thing well? | 还不够吗 |
[39:56] | If you’re carried | 如果你被人 |
[39:58] | into that hospital, clinging to life… | 送进医院 坚强地跟病魔作斗争… |
[40:00] | …you may want a doctor who’s kind. | …你会希望遇到一位友好的医生 |
[40:04] | Who knows just what to say to put your heart at ease. | 知道如何跟你说话让你放宽心 |
[40:07] | You may want a friend. | 你会希望遇到一位朋友 |
[40:10] | But given that choice, | 但是在那种情况下 |
[40:12] | how many of us would want a kind, sympathetic friend | 我们是会想要一位友好且体谅的朋友 |
[40:16] | over Dr. Robeson? | 还是罗伯逊医生呢 |
[40:24] | He saved Erica’s life. | 他救了艾丽卡的命 |
[40:25] | And if, God forbid, you need it, | 如果你们需要的话 |
[40:28] | he will save yours. | 他也会救你们的命 |
[40:31] | He just won’t know how to talk to you after he does. | 他只是不知道术后该怎么跟你交流 |
[40:47] | Excuse me, Erica. | 打扰一下 艾丽卡 |
[40:48] | You’re with the defense. | 你们是辩护方的 |
[40:50] | I’m not supposed to talk to you. | 我不该跟你们说话 |
[40:51] | Well, the jury’s deliberating. It’s out of our hands now. | 陪审团正在审议 现在没我们的事了 |
[40:54] | This thing with Atticus isn’t. | 是机械臂出了问题 |
[40:57] | Was there really a software glitch? | 真的有软件故障码 |
[40:59] | I believe there was. | 我相信有 |
[41:00] | And if you want to go after them, I’ll help you prove it. | 如果你愿意跟我们来 我们会证明给你看 |
[41:03] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[41:05] | I’m really sorry for what happened. | 对于你的事我很惋惜 |
[41:08] | And-and I know it’s not my place, | 我知道轮不到我说话 |
[41:10] | or any consolation… | 或安慰你… |
[41:13] | but I was adopted. | 但是我是被领养的 |
[41:15] | Not a day goes by that I don’t thank my parents | 我每天都在感谢我的养父养母 |
[41:18] | for giving me a home. | 给了我一个家 |
[41:20] | There are a lot of ways to make a family. | 组建家庭的方式有很多 |
[41:32] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[41:38] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 各位陪审员 |
[41:40] | have you reached a verdict? | 你们做好裁定了吗 |
[41:41] | We have. | 好了 |
[41:44] | We the jury | 陪审团裁定 |
[41:46] | find the defendant, Terrence Robeson, | 被告人特伦斯·罗伯逊 |
[41:50] | not liable. | 无罪 |
[41:51] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[41:53] | the court thanks you for your service. | 感谢你们的出庭 |
[41:55] | Court is adjourned. | 休庭 |
[41:59] | Well done, Liberty. | 干得不错 利伯蒂 |
[42:01] | Oh, Dr. Bull, thank you. | 哦 布尔博士 谢谢你 |
[42:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[42:16] | So… what he said on the stand… | 那么… 他在听证席上说了什么… |
[42:19] | I never knew. | 我都不会知道了 |
[42:20] | Well, he wanted to tell you. | 他是想告诉你的 |
[42:22] | The god is human after all. | 他再神也要食人间烟火 |
[42:25] | Love him or hate him, he has confidence enough | 不管对他是爱是恨 他都有足够的信心 |
[42:27] | to follow his own compass. | 去走自己的路了 |
[42:29] | And he doesn’t let himself get pushed around. | 他也不会任人摆布了 |
[42:32] | Neither do you. | 你也不会了 |
[42:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:37] | You know, I realize the reasons that he and I didn’t work | 我意识到我和他处不来的原因 |
[42:40] | are the reasons that you and I do. | 正是我和你处得来的原因 |
[42:41] | I can spend my days | 我可以跟 |
[42:44] | with a brilliant, difficult man. | 难搞的天才相处 |
[42:47] | I just can’t date him. | 我只是没法跟他约会 |
[42:51] | Well, you’re better off. | 你最好这么想 |
[42:53] | So are you Dr. Bull. | 你也是 布尔博士 |
[42:55] | To platonic love. | 敬我们纯洁的友情 |