时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | It can’t wait till morning? | 不能等到明天再说吗 |
[00:08] | Got to grab the deposit. | 要去拿订金 |
[00:10] | Won’t be long, honey. | 很快的 宝贝 |
[00:12] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[00:13] | Don’t be longer. | 不要让我久等 |
[00:15] | I got a surprise for you when we get home tonight. | 今晚回家后我有惊喜给你 |
[00:17] | Ooh… | 哦… |
[00:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[00:37] | Oh! Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[00:39] | Charles! | 查尔斯 |
[00:40] | Authorities have determined | 有关部门已经认定 |
[00:40] | 可怜的查尔斯·凯勒 为我们的社区祈祷 我们的心和你在一起 大火越来越近 英雄来了 感谢你们的祝福 | |
[00:42] | that the fire that destroyed | 凯勒餐厅是毁于 |
[00:43] | Keller’s Diner was in fact arson… | 一次纵火袭击 |
[00:45] | The wildfire burned almost 31 acres | 大火覆盖范围约三十一英亩 |
[00:47] | and destroyed 13 homes around the town of Kavanaugh… | 摧毁了卡瓦诺镇周边的十三所房子… |
[00:49] | Local resident Peter Walsh | 当地居民彼得·沃尔什 |
[00:51] | has been arrested for the alleged arson | 已经被逮捕 被控纵火 |
[00:53] | and murder of his former boss, Charles Keller, | 及谋杀其原雇主 凯勒餐厅的老板 |
[00:56] | owner of Keller’s Diner. | 查尔斯·凯勒 |
[00:57] | American Ninja competition? | 去参加美国忍者大赛 |
[01:00] | No. Weekend warriors getaway | 不 这是周末勇士大比拼 |
[01:01] | with some friends | 和联邦调查局的朋友 |
[01:03] | from the Bureau. | 切磋一下 |
[01:04] | Sounds… | 听起来就觉得… |
[01:04] | excruciating. | 很痛苦 |
[01:06] | Let’s hope so. | 我希望如此 |
[01:06] | When’s the last time we all had a weekend off? | 我们上一次全体周末放假是什么时候 |
[01:09] | You still going to that hacker meet-up… | 你的黑客聚会依旧… |
[01:10] | That was supposed to be a secret. | 那可是秘密 |
[01:12] | All right, ladies, last check before I jet off | 女士们 再检查一次 我就要飞去 |
[01:15] | to Augusta, G-A. | 佐治亚州的奥格斯塔了 |
[01:16] | Whoa. | 哇 |
[01:17] | Are you playing in the Masters? | 你要参加高尔夫名人赛吗 |
[01:19] | Final check-in. Chunk? | 最后确认 特朗科 |
[01:21] | Seven witnesses prepped and ready for the Guzman deposition. | 参加古兹曼案取证的七名证人已经准备好 |
[01:23] | Psych files on the Rocketman IV | 四号宇航员的心理档案 |
[01:25] | and Sugar suits in your inbox. | 和休格诉讼案已发到你的邮箱 |
[01:26] | A very productive Saturday morning. | 效率很高的周六早上哦 |
[01:28] | I hope you all enjoy your weekend | 希望你们趁着老板不在 |
[01:30] | while the boss is away. | 好好过个周末 |
[01:31] | I will be at the spa spending time | 我要找我的按摩师塞尔吉 |
[01:32] | with my masseuse Serge. | 好好做个水疗 |
[01:34] | Hey, wait, did Benny and Bull | 等等 本尼和布尔 |
[01:35] | really go to New Hampshire to go fishing? | 真的去了新罕布什尔州钓鱼 |
[01:37] | Yeah, I didn’t even know Bull had a cabin. | 可不是 我刚知道布尔以前在那里有间小屋 |
[01:39] | There is no record of it anywhere. | 都找不到任何关于这小屋的资料 |
[01:41] | If someone were to check. | 假如有人去找的话 |
[01:45] | Bull has a cabin? | 布尔有间小屋 |
[01:46] | Uh, correction… Bull had a cabin. | 更正一下… 是曾经有 |
[01:52] | How old were you when you came up here? | 你来这里度假时有多大 |
[01:55] | Every summer, ages ten to 14. | 十岁到十四岁那些年 每一个暑假 |
[01:59] | It’s where I learned to… | 我在这里学会… |
[02:00] | fish, hike… | 钓鱼 远足… |
[02:03] | Go for long walks with Abigail Barnes. | 和阿比盖尔·巴恩斯一起散步 |
[02:06] | It’s your dad’s cabin… | 这是你父亲的小屋… |
[02:07] | Do you want to take a moment? | 你需要一个人静静吗 |
[02:09] | No. I’m good. | 不 我没事 |
[02:11] | Seriously? That’s it? | 真的 这就可以了 |
[02:13] | You cannot lose the thing you do not cling to. | 本来无一物 何处惹尘埃 |
[02:17] | Buddha said that. | 佛祖说的 |
[02:18] | Maybe it was Taylor Swift. | 也有可能是泰勒·斯威夫特说的 |
[02:21] | If you didn’t care about it, why’d you buy it? | 如果你不在乎 为什么买下了这屋子 |
[02:23] | Dad was strapped for cash. | 老爸当时极度缺钱 |
[02:25] | I overpaid, of course. | 当然 我出的价也过高了 |
[02:28] | You never talk about him. | 你从不谈及他 |
[02:30] | That’s because there are seven billion | 那是因为在这个星球上 |
[02:32] | more interesting subjects on the planet. | 有七十亿更有趣的个体值得去讨论 |
[02:34] | Here comes one. | 这不 就来一个了 |
[02:35] | Hi there! Saw your car. | 你好啊 刚看见你的车了 |
[02:37] | Oh. Joyce Magruder | 你好 我是乔伊斯·马格鲁德 |
[02:38] | At Mossy Green Realty. | 莫西·格林房地产公司 |
[02:40] | Jason Bull. Hi. | 杰森·布尔 你好 |
[02:41] | Benny Colón. | 本尼·科隆 |
[02:43] | Jason Bull. Wow. Yes. | 杰森·布尔 喔 这就对了 |
[02:46] | I would remember | 这微笑 |
[02:48] | that smile anywhere. | 不管到哪我都记得住 |
[02:49] | I-I used to be Joyce Devlin. | 我以前叫乔伊斯·德夫林 |
[02:51] | You probably wouldn’t remember me. | 你也许不记得我了 |
[02:53] | Of course I do, Joyce. | 我当然记得你 乔伊斯 |
[02:56] | You had that pink bike with all those… | 当年你骑着那辆粉色的自行车 |
[02:58] | streamers on the handlebars. | 车把挂满了彩带 |
[03:00] | That’s me. | 不错 |
[03:01] | Shame about your dad’s cabin. | 关于你父亲的屋子 我很遗憾 |
[03:02] | Such a tragedy. | 真是悲剧 |
[03:03] | He’s coping well. | 对此他处理得很好 |
[03:05] | The insurance check helps. | 保险金帮了大忙 |
[03:07] | You always come out on top, don’t you? | 你总是那么的出类拔萃 |
[03:12] | Speaking of which, how’s your father? | 说到这 你父亲最近怎样 |
[03:14] | I wouldn’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[03:16] | Well, at least they caught this guy. | 起码他们抓住了纵火犯 |
[03:18] | Peter Walsh. | 彼得·沃尔什 |
[03:20] | You remember the Walshes. | 你记得沃尔什一家人吧 |
[03:23] | Well, Jason… | 杰森… |
[03:25] | if you’re looking to sell your land or, you know, maybe even | 如果你想卖地 或者… |
[03:28] | buy something new… | 想买些新房产… |
[03:30] | give me a shout. | 尽管告诉我 |
[03:35] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[03:40] | What’s up with your father? | 你父亲怎么了 |
[03:42] | Well, let’s just say… | 这样说吧… |
[03:44] | he didn’t leave town with many friends. | 他当初几乎是孤身一人离开这里的 |
[03:55] | You get your fishing license at a bar. | 居然可以在酒吧里拿到钓鱼证 |
[03:59] | How cool is that? | 太酷了 |
[04:01] | You know, in Puerto Rico, I used to fly fish | 当年在波多黎各的沼泽地 |
[04:03] | on the flats for bonefish. | 我用飞钓的方式钓梭鱼 |
[04:07] | Here it’s all about the trout. | 而这里 鲑鱼是主角 |
[04:08] | Well, look who’s here. | 好家伙 看看这是谁 |
[04:11] | Jason Bull. | 杰森·布尔 |
[04:14] | Walt Simonds. | 沃尔特·西蒙斯 |
[04:15] | That’s Chief Simonds. | 请叫西蒙斯队长 |
[04:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:17] | Well, I’m attorney Benny Colón. | 请叫我本尼·科隆律师 |
[04:19] | Colleague of | 杰森·布尔博士的 |
[04:21] | Dr. Jason Bull. | 同事 |
[04:22] | Dr. Bull? | 布尔博士 |
[04:23] | Well, your father must be very proud of you. | 好啊 你父亲肯定为你骄傲 |
[04:28] | He must be. | 那是肯定的 |
[04:30] | Sorry about your cabin. | 很遗憾你失去了屋子 |
[04:34] | Paper said you caught the arsonist. | 报纸上说你抓到那个纵火犯了 |
[04:35] | He’s an arsonist and a murderer. | 不只是纵火 他还是谋杀犯 |
[04:37] | Trial looks like a slam dunk. | 庭审差不多就是走个确认形式 |
[04:39] | – How so? – Well, Peter Walsh | – 为什么这么说 – 因为彼得·沃尔什 |
[04:41] | was the dishwasher | 原本在这家餐馆洗盘子 |
[04:42] | at the diner, got laid off two days before the fire. | 出事前两天刚被裁掉 |
[04:46] | He wanted revenge. | 他就是想报复 |
[04:47] | Then there’s the can of lighter fluid | 还有 现场有个打火机液罐 |
[04:50] | with his prints all over it. | 上面到处都是他的指纹 |
[04:51] | And let’s don’t forget | 最后必须记住的一点是 |
[04:53] | who his family is. | 他的家庭出身 |
[04:58] | That’s right. | 说到点子上了 |
[04:59] | He’s a Walsh. | 他是沃尔什家的一员 |
[05:01] | Just like I’m a Bull. | 就像我是布尔家的一员一样 |
[05:03] | You got that right. | 你真上道 明白就好 |
[05:04] | See you around, Doctor. | 回头见吧 博士 |
[05:07] | Three beers, please! | 来三个啤酒 |
[05:08] | You got it, Chief! | 马上来 队长 |
[05:15] | We’re not going fishing, are we? | 我们不是来钓鱼的 对吧 |
[05:17] | Not for fish. | 至少不是为了鱼 |
[05:27] | Feels like a bad idea, Bull. | 布尔 我觉得这样不太好吧 |
[05:30] | I love how no one locks their doors up here. | 我真的很喜欢他们不锁门就外出的状态 |
[05:32] | Listen, the kid’s in jail… | 听我说 那个孩子还被关着呢… |
[05:34] | I’m sure he won’t mind us having a look around. | 不过我觉得他不会在意咱们过来转转的 |
[05:36] | No, I was actually referring to you picking a fight | 我是说你跟那位消防队长 |
[05:38] | with the chief. | 较劲的事 |
[05:40] | Oh. Diner bursts into flames killing the owner, | 餐馆意外失火 店主遭遇不测 |
[05:43] | and the first guy they blame is from a family | 镇子上的人瞬间就把矛头集体指向了 |
[05:45] | the town’s hated for years? | 多年来他们一直嫌憎的一户人家 |
[05:47] | Little too easy, if you ask me. | 照我看 这是不是太随意了 |
[05:50] | Wow. This is some cool stuff. | 这可是好东西 |
[05:57] | What’s he doing living out here in the woods? | 很好奇他在这片林子里是怎么生活的 |
[05:59] | Well, the Walshes were the town ne’er-do-wells. | 沃尔什一家在镇上算是狗都嫌 |
[06:02] | Father split, the mother died, | 爹跑了 娘死了 |
[06:04] | the older brother was always getting in trouble. | 哥哥惹出一个又一个的麻烦 |
[06:07] | Young male loner, comes from a troubled family history. | 年轻男性 离群索居 有家庭问题史 |
[06:11] | Fits the arsonist profile. | 标准的纵火犯特质 |
[06:13] | As does substance abuse, | 也契合对滥用药物者的标准描述 |
[06:14] | but I don’t see | 但是我没有看到任何 |
[06:15] | any signs of drugs or alcohol. Do you? | 有关毒品或酒精的迹象 你呢 |
[06:17] | Nope. | 什么也没有 |
[06:19] | Just this jaywalking citation. | 只有这张交通违规罚单 |
[06:23] | Yeah, I got my fair share of these. | 该展现我见多识广的一面了 |
[06:25] | In Kavanaugh, this is how they… | 在卡瓦诺镇 这是一种 |
[06:28] | give you a little warning. | 对你的警告 |
[06:30] | I take it you want to meet him? | 你打算见见他是吗 |
[06:32] | Don’t you? | 你不想吗 |
[06:38] | But you’re not a lawyer? | 你并不是个律师 对吧 |
[06:40] | I don’t need to be. | 我不需要是 |
[06:41] | I just try to understand people. | 我要做的是读懂人们的想法 |
[06:44] | That’s what my company does… Trial analysis. | 我的公司就是干这个的… 庭审分析 |
[06:46] | It’s about understanding… | 具体点说… |
[06:48] | why, for instance, | 比如这次 |
[06:49] | people think you started this fire. | 搞清楚人们为什么会认为你是纵火犯 |
[06:52] | And then… | 然后… |
[06:53] | we need to get them to realize… you didn’t. | 我们要让他们明白… 你没有放火 |
[06:56] | Assuming you didn’t. | 在假定你确实没有的情况下 |
[06:58] | I’m a lawyer. | 我真是律师 |
[06:59] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[07:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:03] | So we’ve been talking for a few minutes. | 我们刚刚也聊了一会了 |
[07:06] | What do you understand about me? | 你从我身上读出了些什么 |
[07:08] | Well, so far… | 既然你问了… |
[07:09] | You’re inventive, smart… | 眼下我看得出你很有想法 聪明… |
[07:11] | but you don’t like to share, | 但是你不会分享 |
[07:13] | because people tend to take you | 因为人们总是误会你 |
[07:15] | the wrong way. | 不会善待你 |
[07:17] | And you have been an outcast so long, | 很久以来你一直被排斥 |
[07:19] | you don’t trust an invitation… | 你不接受任何善意和邀请 |
[07:22] | to join anything. | 哪怕是几句闲谈 |
[07:24] | Even a simple conversation. | 因为你不相信 |
[07:36] | Did you start the fire? | 是你干的吗 |
[07:38] | Hell, no. | 当然不是了 |
[07:40] | I just always get blamed for what happens around here. | 这里不管发生什么事都要怪在我头上 |
[07:43] | You don’t have an alibi. | 你没有不在场证明啊 |
[07:45] | When I’m not at work, I’m at home | 不上班的时候我就在家 |
[07:47] | playing guitar, or making one. | 弹吉他啊做吉他啊 |
[07:50] | By yourself? | 就你自己吗 |
[07:51] | They found a lighter fluid can with your prints on it. | 他们找到一个打火机液罐 上面有你的指纹 |
[07:54] | You’d just been fired, you can understand how that looks. | 你刚被解雇 所以很容易和你联系在一起 |
[07:56] | Yeah, but it’s not like that. | 解雇是真的 但事情不是他们想的那样 |
[07:58] | I mean, yeah, I was bummed. | 我是说被解雇的确很郁闷 |
[08:00] | It was good gig, but… | 是个不错的活 但是… |
[08:01] | I would never… | 我绝不会… |
[08:03] | But what about you? What’s your deal? | 另外 这事和你有什么关系 你想得到什么 |
[08:05] | What are you doing up here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[08:06] | My cabin burned down. | 我的小木屋被毁了 |
[08:07] | I haven’t been up here in a while. | 我也有日子没来镇上了 |
[08:09] | But I knew your brother Jake. | 不过我认识你哥杰克 |
[08:10] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[08:11] | Look, if you guys are doing this | 听着 如果你们是打算帮我哥一个什么忙 |
[08:13] | out of some sort of favor to my brother, | 才来这找我 |
[08:15] | you should know that I think he is | 我得告诉你们 他在我眼里 |
[08:17] | a lying scumbag. | 就是一个骗子 人渣 |
[08:19] | I can see you’re nothing like him. | 看得出来 你和他一点都不像 |
[08:21] | Which is why I want to help you. | 所以我才想帮你 |
[08:23] | Okay, Benny… | 好吧 本尼 |
[08:26] | Voir dire starts in two days. | 两天后开始筛选陪审团 |
[08:27] | Peter… this is your new attorney. | 彼得… 这是你的新律师 |
[08:31] | Dr. Bull… | 布尔博士… |
[08:34] | thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[08:36] | Don’t mention it. | 别客气 |
[08:38] | I think we both have something to prove to this town. | 你我都需要向镇上的人证明自己 |
[08:53] | So much for the weekend off. | 这个周末工作倒是真满 |
[08:54] | He wouldn’t have called us | 要不是真有需要 |
[08:56] | if he didn’t really need us. | 他不会在休息日给咱们打电话 |
[08:57] | All right… | 无论如何… |
[08:58] | we’re here. | 我们到了 |
[09:00] | Ooh. | 喔 |
[09:02] | Wow. Norman Rockwell called. | 就像是诺曼·洛克威尔的心愿 |
[09:05] | He wants his painting back. | 重现画中的往昔岁月 |
[09:07] | Kavanaugh, New Hampshire. | 新罕布什尔州 卡瓦诺镇 |
[09:08] | Population: 4,000. | 人口只有四千 |
[09:10] | Clean air, clean water, | 空气清新 水质甘醇 |
[09:12] | overpriced maple syrup and strong-willed people. | 有物超所值的枫糖浆 还有固执强悍的人民 |
[09:15] | So, what, you had a cabin | 话说回来 你确实有过一个小木屋吗 |
[09:17] | up here and never used it once in 25 years? | 就在这里 二十五年来一次都没用过 |
[09:19] | It’s a funny story… | 这个事挺有意思的… |
[09:20] | Maybe I’ll tell you sometime. | 找机会好好给你讲讲 |
[09:21] | Oh, the techs have finished setting up. | 技术人员已经把一切都准备好了 |
[09:24] | Let’s go. We got a lot of work to do. | 出发 要干的事还很多呢 |
[09:27] | Okay, Peter Walsh. | 来看看彼得·沃尔什 |
[09:29] | He’s been arrested five times | 五次被捕 |
[09:31] | by the sheriff… all eventually dismissed. | 最终都被驳回了 |
[09:33] | Peter’s reputation was decided a long time ago | 彼得的坏名声在很早之前 |
[09:36] | by his father and his brother… And now | 就因为他的父亲和哥哥而被下了定义 |
[09:39] | whenever there’s trouble in town, | 而如今 一旦镇子上出了什么叉子 |
[09:40] | the sheriff knocks on Peter’s door first. | 警长就会先想到彼得 |
[09:42] | We got to convince this town | 我们必须让这座镇子里的人相信 |
[09:44] | that Peter’s his own man, | 彼得就是他自己 |
[09:45] | and nothing like his family. | 他和他的家里人一点也不像 |
[09:47] | That’s not gonna be easy. | 这可不是一件容易的事 |
[09:48] | Well, if it was easy, | 要是容易的话 |
[09:49] | It wouldn’t be fun, Chunk. | 就没意思了 特朗科 |
[09:51] | Cable, I think it’s time we did a deep dive | 凯博 我认为我们两个是时候 |
[09:54] | on the white hot social scene | 深入调查一下 |
[09:56] | of Kavanaugh… Let’s find out | 这个镇子上白热化的社交场景了 |
[09:58] | who the movers and shakers are, | 让我们来找出是谁拥有话语权 |
[09:59] | and who might hold sway over the jury outside of the courtroom. | 而谁又可能在庭审之外支配陪审员 |
[10:02] | So he’s been charged with second degree murder | 所以 他被指控为犯有二级谋杀和故意纵火罪 |
[10:04] | and arson, okay, but arson has to be our focus. | 但是我们应该将重点放在纵火罪上 |
[10:07] | If they can’t prove arson, | 如果他们不能证明他故意纵火 |
[10:08] | then the murder goes away. | 那么谋杀罪名也就不成立了 |
[10:13] | Go down and grab some lunch. | 下楼去吃午饭吧 |
[10:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:22] | Hi, Peter. I’m Chunk. | 嗨 彼得 我是特朗科 |
[10:26] | Dr. Bull asked me to prepare you for trial. | 布尔博士让我来帮你做庭审前的准备 |
[10:31] | He, uh, mentioned that you play guitar? | 他说你会弹吉他 |
[10:34] | I styled some bands for magazine photo shoots. | 我帮一些乐队的杂志拍摄做过造型 |
[10:36] | You kind of remind me of them. | 你让我想起了他们 |
[10:38] | Yeah? Like who? | 是吗 比如呢 |
[10:39] | Jack White. | 杰克·怀特 |
[10:41] | Black Keys, a few others. | 黑键乐队什么的 |
[10:45] | You seem distracted. | 你看上去心不在焉的 |
[10:48] | It-It’s my music. | 我的脑子里 |
[10:50] | It fills my head. | 都是我的音乐 |
[10:52] | Well, there’s a time for music, | 好吧 有想音乐的时候 |
[10:54] | and a time for focus. | 但是现在你需要集中精神 |
[10:56] | Is this gonna be a lecture? | 到时候会需要我演讲吗 |
[10:57] | It’s a life line. | 这是一条救生索 |
[10:59] | You gonna take it? | 你能抓住吗 |
[11:03] | Okay, here’s our jury pool. | 这是我们的陪审员名单 |
[11:05] | Patricia Morrison, head of the events committee, | 帕特丽夏·莫里森 活动委员会主任 |
[11:08] | Tracy Chubricks, who owns the flower shop, | 特蕾西·特鲁布里克斯 一家花店老板 |
[11:11] | and Betsy Hanson, runs the knitting studio. | 贝琪·汉森 经营一家针织工作室 |
[11:13] | And Edward Klein is the high school math teacher. | 还有爱德华·克莱因 一名高中数学老师 |
[11:16] | And all roads lead to… | 所有的人的社交活动都指向 |
[11:18] | Joyce Magruder. | 乔伊斯·马格鲁德 |
[11:20] | 40, real estate agent. | 四十岁 房地产经纪人 |
[11:22] | Married, no children. | 已婚 没有孩子 |
[11:24] | Cares deeply about Kavanaugh’s reputation. | 非常关心卡瓦诺镇的名声 |
[11:26] | Oh, yeah. Benny and I already ran into her. | 我和本尼已经见过她了 |
[11:28] | She, uh… she’s our sneezer. | 她就是我们找的那个打喷嚏的人 |
[11:31] | I don’t get it. | 什么意思 |
[11:32] | Our influencer. | 有影响力的人 |
[11:34] | When she opens her mouth, | 只要她一开口 |
[11:35] | her words spread like an unchecked sneeze. | 她的话语就会像喷嚏一样肆无忌惮的传播 |
[11:38] | Gesundheit. | 上帝保佑 |
[11:48] | Nice job, Chunk. | 干得不错 特朗科 |
[11:50] | Well, God gave him talent. | 上帝给予了他天赋 |
[11:51] | This poor kid needs all the help he can get. | 这个可怜的孩子急需帮助 |
[11:53] | Well, now he gets us. | 现在他有我们了 |
[11:55] | There you go, Peter. | 去吧 彼得 |
[11:57] | Looking good. Thanks. | 看起来真不错 谢谢 |
[11:59] | You were gonna find something? | 你会发现什么的吧 |
[12:01] | Yeah, you know it. | 当然了 |
[12:02] | I see all my friends showed up. | 我看到我所有的朋友都来了 |
[12:05] | Enough chatter in the gallery. | 旁听席不要吵了 |
[12:07] | I expect good behavior in my courtroom. | 在我的法庭上我希望大家都能规矩一点 |
[12:09] | Peter, you’ve got a reputation you don’t deserve. | 彼得 你的坏名声不是你应得的 |
[12:12] | We’re gonna find you a jury that’ll give you | 我们要找到一个 |
[12:14] | that reputation a second look. | 会再次审视你名声的陪审团 |
[12:15] | Mr. Colón, you may | 科隆先生 |
[12:17] | begin your voir dire. | 你可以开始做预先审查了 |
[12:20] | You have a beautiful town | 你们拥有一个漂亮的镇子 |
[12:23] | here, folks. Wow! | 乡亲们 没错 |
[12:24] | It’s not hard to see why Kavanaugh is known | 不难看出 卡瓦诺是新罕布什尔州 |
[12:27] | as one of New Hampshire’s best towns to live in. | 最适合居住的镇子 |
[12:30] | Of course, with the recent wildfire might | 当然 最近的野火可能会让一些人 |
[12:33] | cause some to rethink that. | 对此重新考量 |
[12:35] | What do you like most about this town? | 生活在这里 什么最能提高的你的幸福感 |
[12:37] | The sense of community. | 社区意识 |
[12:38] | She belongs | 她几乎 |
[12:39] | to just about every club there is. | 加入了这里的每一个俱乐部 |
[12:42] | Huh. A lot of overlap with Joyce. | 和乔伊斯有很多交集 |
[12:45] | But she took off work last week because her son was getting | 但是她上周请了假 |
[12:47] | bullied at school. | 因为她的孩子在学校被霸凌了 |
[12:50] | Acceptable to the defense, Your Honor. | 通过辩方审查 法官大人 |
[12:53] | Do you know the defendant, sir? | 你认识被告人吗 先生 |
[12:55] | I hired him to clean out my garage. | 我曾经雇他打扫过仓库 |
[12:59] | Strike for cause, Your Honor. | 我方要求排除这位陪审员 |
[13:01] | Approach. | 通过 |
[13:02] | This guy hired Peter for jobs. | 这个人给了彼得一份工作 |
[13:05] | He’s not sympathetic? | 他难道没有同情心吗 |
[13:06] | No. Look at his body language. | 不是 你看他坐那儿的姿势 |
[13:08] | Hostile, arms crossed. | 充满敌意 双臂交叉 |
[13:10] | He gave Peter a chance. | 他给了彼得一个机会 |
[13:12] | Now he feels betrayed, like somebody | 现在他感觉被背叛了 |
[13:14] | who picks up a stray dog only to have his hand bitten. | 就好像有人捡了一条流浪狗却被咬了手 |
[13:16] | Mr. Jenkins, you are excused. | 詹金斯先生 你可以离开了 |
[13:23] | I know you stole my chainsaw. | 我知道是你偷了我的链锯 |
[13:28] | Ms. Magruder is acceptable to the prosecution. | 马格鲁德女士 通过控方审查 |
[13:33] | Our sneezer. | 打喷嚏的人 |
[13:34] | Mm. We strike her. | 我们排除她 |
[13:42] | Strike, Your Honor. | 我方要求排除 法官大人 |
[13:44] | Ms. Magruder, you are excused. | 马格鲁德女士 你可以走了 |
[13:46] | Kavanaugh’s a small town. | 卡瓦诺是一个小镇子 |
[13:48] | Too small to find a mirror jury | 非常难找到 |
[13:51] | that’s gonna accurately reflect the real jury. | 能准确反映陪审团的镜面陪审员 |
[13:55] | So we use Joyce. | 所以 我们要用乔伊斯 |
[13:56] | She knows what everyone’s thinking. | 她知道每个人的想法 |
[13:58] | She will function as our mirror jury. | 就由她来当我们的镜面陪审员 |
[14:01] | You and Joyce are about to become quite close. | 你和乔伊斯会成为朋友的 |
[14:07] | The court is in recess until | 现在休庭 |
[14:08] | 30 tomorrow. | 明早九点三十开庭 |
[14:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:13] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[14:14] | So Chief Simonds is being, uh, | 西蒙斯队长现在 |
[14:16] | shall we say, uncooperative? | 怎么说呢 就是不愿意合作 |
[14:18] | He’s stonewalling us on the fire files. | 他不让我们拿消防档案 |
[14:20] | – Man really holds a grudge. – Mm-hmm. | – 这人还真是记仇 – 那可不 |
[14:22] | Shall I, uh, get them a different way? | 要我走别的路子来拿到档案吗 |
[14:24] | No. | 不用了 |
[14:25] | This one’s on me. | 包在我身上 |
[14:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:29] | Hey, Chief. | 队长 |
[14:31] | Wanted to talk to you | 关于获取文件一事 |
[14:33] | about getting access to some of those files. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[14:36] | Your assistant already asked. | 你的助理已经来过了 |
[14:38] | I already answered. | 我也给了回复 |
[14:39] | Oh. You mean Danny. | 你是指丹尼 |
[14:41] | Um, yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[14:42] | But I thought I’d ask again, maybe a little more nicely. | 但我想更诚恳地来请求你 |
[14:45] | Pretty please, sugar on top? | 拜托你啦 行行好吧 |
[14:47] | Sorry, no. | 抱歉 不行 |
[14:48] | Well, at least I tried. | 最起码我尝试过了 |
[14:53] | Is there something else? | 还有什么事吗 |
[14:55] | No, I’m just gonna head back to court, | 没有 我打算直接回法庭 |
[14:57] | get a subpoena for those files. | 申请一张传票 再来取文件 |
[14:58] | Yeah, I wasn’t really asking a favor. | 我不是真心来求你帮忙的 |
[15:00] | My client has a legal right to that information. | 我的委托人有权获取那些信息 |
[15:02] | We both know that, | 你我都清楚这点 |
[15:03] | which makes me wonder why you’d be denying it. | 所以我才对你拒绝提供档案感到困惑 |
[15:05] | I mean, are you just being prickly and difficult, | 你是想故意刁难我 |
[15:07] | or are you hiding something? | 还是隐瞒了什么 |
[15:14] | You think you can hustle me, just like your father? | 你以为你可以像你父亲一样指使我 |
[15:19] | It’s your move, Chief. | 该你出招了 队长 |
[15:23] | Your assistant can pick up the files in my office. | 让你助理到我办公室来拿文件 |
[15:25] | Well, I wouldn’t call her my assistant. | 我不会称她为我的助理 |
[15:27] | She’s former FBI, Danielle James. | 她是联邦调查局的前任探员 丹尼尔·詹姆斯 |
[15:29] | I call her “Danny.” | 我叫她”丹尼” |
[15:33] | See the floor? | 注意到地板了吗 |
[15:34] | The fire chief stated in his report | 消防队长在他的报告中称 |
[15:36] | that these are pour patterns from the lighter fluid. | 这些是泼洒轻流体的痕迹 |
[15:38] | No. | 这不对 |
[15:40] | The lab didn’t find any chemical trace | 化验室没有检测出 |
[15:41] | of an accelerant or lighter fluid. | 助燃剂或打火机油 |
[15:43] | These patterns are a heat effect from the flashover. | 这些痕迹是由闪络的热效应产生的 |
[15:46] | Okay. Prosecution’s saying | 好 检方称 |
[15:48] | Peter poured lighter fluid on the floor, | 彼得将打火机油倒在地上 |
[15:50] | – and that’s not the case. – Uh-uh. | – 但事实并非如此 – 嗯 |
[15:52] | Here’s what I think’s going on. | 我觉得事情是这样的 |
[15:54] | There was | 几个月前 |
[15:55] | a house fire about four months ago off Route 25, | 二十五号公路旁发生过一起火灾 |
[15:58] | and then last year, a blaze took out a boathouse | 而去年 在湖边南岸 |
[16:01] | – on the south shore of the lake. – Okay. | – 一间船库被大火吞噬 – 好 |
[16:02] | But the chief ruled these two fires to be accidents. | 但消防队长却将这两起火灾归为意外 |
[16:05] | But the more you know about how these fires spread, the more | 但随着对这两起火灾的深入了解 我发现 |
[16:07] | similar they look to the diner fire. | 他们和餐厅的那场火灾 相似点越来越多 |
[16:10] | The diner fire was caused by propane gas. | 丙烷气体引起了餐厅的那场火灾 |
[16:13] | With a time-delayed ignition. | 用了时间延迟点火装置 |
[16:15] | And the other two fires were caused by, um, space heaters. | 其他两起是由小型供暖器引起的 |
[16:17] | Same delay. | 都有时间延迟 |
[16:18] | Which gives the arsonist time to escape. | 给纵火犯创造了逃跑的时机 |
[16:20] | Mm-hmm. Benny needs to see this. | 必须让本尼看看这个 |
[16:24] | We need to bring up these fires when the chief is on the stand. | 队长出庭作证时 我们必须要提到这两起火灾 |
[16:26] | He went fishing with Chunk. | 本尼和特朗科去钓鱼了 |
[16:29] | Needed a moment of Zen before court. | 想在上庭前平静一下 |
[16:31] | One bar. | 一条信号格 |
[16:33] | Two bars. | 两条信号格 |
[16:35] | No bars. Damn it! | 没信号了 该死的 |
[16:37] | – The car’s right over that hill. – We’re lost. | – 车就在山那边 – 我们迷路了 |
[16:39] | We can’t be. | 这可不行 |
[16:40] | I’m due in court in an hour! Damn! | 我一小时后要出庭 该死的 |
[16:43] | We didn’t even catch a fish. | 我们连条鱼都没钓到 |
[16:45] | Wait. The judge will grant us a continuance. | 等等 法官会给我们延期的 |
[16:48] | They can’t put Peter on trial without his lawyer, right? | 他们不会让彼得在没有律师陪同下出庭 对吧 |
[16:52] | Right? | 对吧 |
[17:02] | Guess who’s got a new bestie. | 猜猜谁交了个新闺蜜 |
[17:05] | Oh, сongratulations, new Miss New Hampshire. | 恭喜了 新任新罕布什尔州小姐 |
[17:07] | Seems she wants to pick my brain as much as we want to pick hers. | 她和我都想互通有无 |
[17:11] | Uh, we have | 我们约好 |
[17:13] | a date to, uh, shoot skeet. | 去射双向飞碟 |
[17:15] | Well, the skeet of New Hampshire should be very afraid. | 新罕布什尔州的双向飞碟射击场可要小心了 |
[17:18] | Have you heard from Benny? | 本尼有联系你吗 |
[17:19] | I thought he was here. | 我以为他在这 |
[17:20] | No. Benny’s phone’s going straight to voice mail, | 他不在 本尼的电话直接转至语音信箱了 |
[17:22] | and I can’t reach Chunk, either. | 我也联系不到特朗科 |
[17:24] | What do you want to do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[17:25] | Well, I could pull the fire alarm. | 我可以拉响火警 |
[17:26] | Time’s up, Dr. Bull. | 时间到 布尔博士 |
[17:29] | Where is Mr. Colón? | 科隆先生在哪 |
[17:30] | Um… Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[17:33] | uh, I wonder if, at this time, | 请问我们能再 |
[17:35] | we might ask for one more continuance? | 申请一次延期吗 |
[17:38] | Not a chance. That’s not the way | 绝不可能 |
[17:40] | we work up here. | 这不合我们这的规矩 |
[17:42] | We set a time, and we stick by it. | 我们这的人一向守时 |
[17:44] | Then I’ll be filling in. | 那就让我上吧 |
[17:47] | Your Honor, Dr. Bull is not an attorney. | 法官大人 布尔博士不是律师 |
[17:51] | Uh, rule number 20. | 根据新罕布什尔州法律 |
[17:52] | New Hampshire law. | 第二十条 |
[17:54] | Mr. Walsh can assign | 沃尔什先生 |
[17:56] | temporary Power of Attorney to me, | 可以暂时授予我代理权 |
[17:58] | and I will represent him in court until | 在科隆先生到来前 |
[18:01] | such time as Mr. Colón is available to join us again. | 我来当他的律师 |
[18:05] | Mr. Walsh, you’d like to have Dr. Bull | 沃尔什先生 请问你想让布尔博士 |
[18:08] | act as your lawyer until Mr. Colón arrives? | 在科隆先生到来前 暂任你的律师吗 |
[18:11] | Sure… Your Honor. | 当然… 法官大人 |
[18:16] | As my report states, | 如我报告中所写的 |
[18:18] | Mr. Walsh had recently been fired from his job. | 沃尔什先生不久前被开除了 |
[18:21] | There were no signs of a break-in, meaning | 现场没有入侵的迹象 这表明 |
[18:23] | the arsonist used a key to enter and exit. | 纵火犯有钥匙 |
[18:25] | We also found an empty container of lighter fluid | 在餐厅后的垃圾箱内 我们还发现了 |
[18:28] | in the dumpster out back. | 空的打火机液罐 |
[18:30] | Mr. Walsh’s fingerprints were found on the container. | 容器上检测出了沃尔什先生的指纹 |
[18:33] | Based on a career of arson investigation, | 根据多年调查纵火案的经验 |
[18:37] | this is a clear-cut case. | 此案一目了然 |
[18:38] | No further questions. | 提问完毕 |
[18:39] | Thank you, Mr. Pigden. | 谢谢 皮登先生 |
[18:41] | Dr. Bull, you’re up. | 布尔博士 该你了 |
[18:44] | It’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[18:46] | So isn’t it true that, uh, | 餐厅后面有一个 |
[18:47] | the diner had an incinerator out back that was used to burn trash, and | 用来烧毁垃圾的焚化炉 |
[18:52] | they often used lighter fluid to get those fires started? | 而他们经常用打火机油来生火 对吗 |
[18:54] | Lighter fluid was on hand. | 餐厅里确实备有打火机油 |
[18:56] | It’s easy to see why Mr. Walsh | 所以沃尔什先生 |
[18:58] | used it to set the fire. | 才会选择用它来生火 |
[18:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:01] | Just reading this report, | 我刚刚读了这份报告 |
[19:03] | and, uh, you know, the chemical tests… | 化验结果显示 |
[19:05] | They came back negative | 餐厅里没有检测出 |
[19:07] | for the presence of any accelerants or other | 任何助燃剂 |
[19:09] | flammable material that would have been found in the diner. | 或易燃物质 |
[19:12] | Sometimes a fire burns so hot, no chemical residue remains. | 有时火势过大 没有化学物质残留也是正常的 |
[19:15] | So help me out here. | 那么请你回答我 |
[19:17] | Why would the arsonist throw this container | 纵火犯为什么要把液罐扔进垃圾箱 |
[19:19] | into a Dumpster instead of the fire? | 何不将其付之一炬呢 |
[19:24] | Probably left in a hurry, didn’t want to be caught | 可能是匆忙逃离 |
[19:26] | with evidence on him. | 也不想让我们找到证据 |
[19:27] | Probably. | “可能” |
[19:29] | It’s not a word I like to use in court. | 我在法庭上可不会用这个词 |
[19:31] | But anyway, um, | 不过 |
[19:34] | would it be possible for | 有没有可能 |
[19:36] | the arsonist to uncouple the propane line, | 纵火犯打开煤气阀门 |
[19:38] | and then, say, leave these fryers on | 然后故意不关煎锅的火 |
[19:41] | so that, an hour later, kaboom? | 于是一小时后引发了爆炸呢 |
[19:44] | It’s possible. | 有可能 |
[19:46] | And wouldn’t a fire that hot spread without | 这种方式引发的火势难道还需要 |
[19:49] | the aid of an accelerant, like lighter fluid? | 像打火机油这样的助燃剂来助长吗 |
[19:51] | My 40 plus years of experience | 我四十多年的刑侦工作经验 |
[19:53] | tells me that he used an accelerant, | 告诉我犯罪嫌疑人必定是用了助燃剂 |
[19:56] | and the lighter fluid was there. | 而且垃圾桶里也确实有打火机油 |
[19:57] | But you agree that the theory is possible? | 但是你也同意我的说法是有可能的吧 |
[20:00] | You’re just like your old man. | 还真是有其父必有其子 |
[20:03] | Always trying to sell a story. | 都喜欢故弄玄虚 |
[20:07] | You see how he didn’t want to answer the question? | 看到他有多么含糊其辞了吧 |
[20:09] | Deflection. | 想转移话题 |
[20:11] | Interesting. So try and answer the question for me, Chief. | 真有趣 那么请你回答我的问题 队长 |
[20:14] | Because this lighter fluid is | 因为目前打火机油 |
[20:16] | the only piece of evidence that you have | 是唯一一项能够 |
[20:18] | that ties Peter Walsh to this fire. | 指向彼得·沃尔什的证据 |
[20:21] | Now you’re trying | 那个古惑仔 |
[20:22] | to hustle these good people into believing that that punk | 谋杀了一位镇民还放火烧掉了半个镇子 |
[20:24] | didn’t kill a man and burn down half this town. | 现在你却在蒙蔽这群好心人的双眼 |
[20:29] | Not on my watch, son. | 休想在我这里得逞 兔崽子 |
[20:32] | Half the town’s already burned down on your watch, Chief. | 半个镇子已经在你手里烧掉了 队长 |
[20:37] | You watch it, Bull. | 你哪只眼睛看见了 布尔 |
[20:39] | Remember this fire? | 还记得这场火灾吗 |
[20:41] | Four months ago, Route 25. | 四个月前 在二十五号国道上 |
[20:44] | Objecion. Irrelevant. | 抗议 与本案无关 |
[20:45] | Because you haven’t let me say why it’s relevant yet. | 我还没告诉你为什么这与本案有关呢 |
[20:48] | Show us soon, Dr. Bull. | 快点讲吧 布尔博士 |
[20:50] | Thank you, | 谢谢您 |
[20:51] | Your Honor. You remember this fire, Chief? | 法官大人 你还记得这场火灾吧 队长 |
[20:52] | Yes. | 记得 |
[20:54] | And you ruled it an accident. | 你将其认定为意外事件 |
[20:55] | It was an accident. | 那确实是意外事件 |
[20:56] | That’s interesting. | 这就有意思了 |
[20:57] | So, Oliver Brant’s boathouse a year ago, | 在一年前的奥利弗·布兰特船库失火案中 |
[20:59] | you also ruled that an accident. And yet | 你也将其认定为意外事件 |
[21:03] | those two fires | 那两起火灾与 |
[21:04] | had the same M.O. | 这起餐馆放火案 |
[21:06] | as this diner fire. | 都有着相同的伎俩 |
[21:07] | Except those were accidents | 前两起认定为意外事件 |
[21:09] | and this was arson. | 这一起却认定为放火 |
[21:11] | I mean, that’s just the last year. | 这才过了一年啊 |
[21:12] | Which got me thinking, I mean, what if we went back in time? | 我不禁在想 要是放在以前 |
[21:14] | How many more mistakes will we find? | 你们得弄了多少冤假错案啊 |
[21:16] | You son of a bitch. | 你这个王八蛋 |
[21:17] | That’s not an answer, Chief. | 这可不是答案哦 队长 |
[21:18] | Objection. Your Honor! | 抗议 法官大人 |
[21:20] | Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 |
[21:22] | No further questions. | 询问完毕 |
[21:26] | What the hell was that? | 这到底是什么情况 |
[21:28] | Oh, Chief? He got a little riled up, | 你是说队长吗 他有点被激怒了 |
[21:30] | didn’t he? That’s good for us. | 对不对 这对我们有利 |
[21:31] | So that’s why you’re doing this, isn’t it? | 这就是你做这些事的原因吧 对不对 |
[21:33] | You want to get some sort of revenge on this place? | 你是想报复这个地方吧 |
[21:36] | It’s not revenge. It’s… | 不是复仇 是… |
[21:38] | clarity. | 澄清吧 |
[21:40] | I think we both need that. | 我觉得我们都要澄清自己 |
[21:41] | You don’t know what I need. | 你不知道我要什么 |
[21:43] | You don’t know me. You don’t know who I am. | 你根本不了解我 不了解我是什么样的人 |
[21:45] | I know you. | 我了解你 |
[21:47] | Or at least I understand what you’ve been through. | 至少我了解你的经历 |
[21:50] | You know, my dad brought us up here | 家父在上个世纪九十年代初 |
[21:52] | in the early ’90s. | 带我们一家人来到这里 |
[21:53] | There was a recession going on. | 当时正值经济萧条 |
[21:56] | But my dad had a big smile. | 但是他性格开朗 |
[21:58] | He made fast friends. | 很快就交到了一些朋友 |
[22:00] | And then he got everyone very excited about | 当他把一项开发项目引进卡瓦诺的时候 |
[22:03] | this big new development coming to Kavanaugh. | 所有人都激动不已 |
[22:07] | And he sold ’em a dream. | 他卖给镇民的是致富的梦想 |
[22:10] | Everybody thought they were gonna get rich. | 人们都以为大家会变得富裕起来 |
[22:12] | My dad got his big finder’s fee. | 家父也得到了一大笔中介费 |
[22:15] | But he lied to pretty much everyone else in the process. | 但是其间他对几乎所有人都撒过谎 |
[22:17] | And when the development pulled out of Kavanaugh, | 最后当开发项目撤出卡瓦诺的时候 |
[22:21] | an army of lawyers descended on the town, | 一支律师团队来到镇上 |
[22:25] | extracting millions in penalties. | 索取了数百万美元的违约金 |
[22:27] | I was hated. | 人们立刻憎恨我了 |
[22:29] | Instant outcast. | 没人愿意理我 |
[22:31] | One night, my dad packed us up, | 有天夜里 家父让我们收拾好行李 |
[22:35] | and we just snuck out of town. | 然后就偷偷溜出了镇子 |
[22:37] | Never said good-bye to anyone. | 没跟任何一个人打招呼 |
[22:41] | My dad. | 我的父亲 |
[22:44] | He could sell ice to Eskimos. | 他甚至能把冰卖给爱斯基摩人 |
[22:49] | It’s probably best you left. | 或许离开是最好的选择 |
[22:51] | My mom stuck around, and I’ve been blamed | 我妈在镇上逗留 |
[22:53] | for my family’s actions my whole life. | 我也因家人的行为备受指责 |
[22:56] | Well, | 好吧 |
[22:59] | we are gonna change some minds about you. | 我们要改变人们对你的看法 |
[23:03] | – Hold on, guys. You can’t come in here. – Bull, hey! | – 等一下 你们不能进去 – 布尔 嘿 |
[23:05] | I’m sorry. We got lost. | 对不起 我们迟到了 |
[23:07] | – It was my fault. – Marissa filled us in. | – 都怪我 – 玛丽莎把情况都告诉我们了 |
[23:09] | Hey, Chunk, will you go get one of Peter’s guitars | 特朗科 能不能去拿一把 |
[23:12] | and bring it to me here? | 彼得的吉他过来 |
[23:13] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[23:15] | I think someone needs to play the blues. | 我想有人得弹奏蓝调了 |
[23:20] | Pull! | 好 |
[23:24] | Pull! | 好 |
[23:31] | This is not beginner’s luck. | 这枪法可不像初学者啊 |
[23:33] | Oh. | 哦 |
[23:35] | I lettered in archery. Maybe that helps. | 我精通剑术 可能有所帮助吧 |
[23:38] | Still think you can get Peter Walsh off? | 你们还觉得能帮彼得·沃尔什脱罪呢 |
[23:40] | Oh, I don’t know. | 哦 说不准 |
[23:41] | The jury’s tough. | 陪审团很难对付 |
[23:43] | They know Peter. | 他们都认识彼得 |
[23:44] | That makes them prejudiced. | 难免会有偏见 |
[23:46] | Have you known Jason long? | 你认识杰森多久了 |
[23:48] | Seven years. | 七年了 |
[23:49] | He and I go back a bit further. | 我跟他的交情比你跟他的时间长 |
[23:51] | He ever tell you about his father? | 他有跟你提起过他的父亲吗 |
[23:52] | I never asked. | 我从来没问过 |
[23:53] | He was a real piece of work. | 他就是个工作狂 |
[23:55] | Maybe he was just trying to provide for his family. | 或许他只是想让家人过得更好 |
[23:58] | Oh, he stole from them, too. | 他爸爸还偷他们东西 |
[24:01] | Pull! | 好 |
[24:03] | What did we learn from Joyce today? | 今天跟乔伊斯过得如何 |
[24:06] | Uh, that if shotguns were made out of foam rubber, | 如果枪是泡沫塑料做的 |
[24:08] | I’d be an Olympian. | 我就能参加奥运会了 |
[24:09] | She said you scored today. | 她说你选的四位评审 |
[24:11] | Picked up four jurors: | 很有眼光 |
[24:12] | Stu, Perry, Missy, and Andrew. | 斯图 佩里 米西 以及安德鲁 |
[24:14] | Well, the bad news is | 坏消息是 |
[24:16] | there’s still eight who believe what the chief had to say. | 仍有八名陪审相信消防队长说的话 |
[24:18] | The worse news is Joyce is certain | 更糟的是 |
[24:21] | she can win the other four back. | 乔伊斯很确信自己能说服另外四位 |
[24:23] | She’ll drop a few rumors and corral the herd. | 她会传播谣言混淆视听 |
[24:25] | The comment the chief made about your dad landed with the jury. | 队长对于你爸的评论在陪审团里引起轩然大波 |
[24:29] | Thanks again, Dad. | 又是老爸 |
[24:30] | Hey, Bull? | 布尔 |
[24:31] | Were you really the leader of a motorcycle gang? | 你过去真的是摩托帮的头儿吗 |
[24:34] | Bull’s Angels. | 别人叫我们布尔天使团 |
[24:35] | But it was Huffys, | 但我们骑的是自行车 |
[24:37] | not Harleys. I was 12. | 不是哈雷摩托 我当时只有十二岁 |
[24:38] | Actually, there was | 事实上 |
[24:39] | this kid, Eric. He was sort of a wild man. | 当时有个孩子叫艾瑞克 他有点疯狂 |
[24:41] | Strapped a lawnmower engine onto his bike. | 在他的车上绑了个剪草机的引擎 |
[24:44] | Got that thing cookin’. | 用那东西给车加速 |
[24:46] | We built a ramp down on the dock. | 我们在码头上建了一个向下的斜坡 |
[24:48] | Tried to get him to jump the lake. | 打算让他飞跃湖面 |
[24:50] | I thought he was gonna make it. | 我本来以为他做得到 |
[24:52] | He died. | 结果他死了 |
[24:54] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[24:56] | Busted his legs up pretty good though. | 不过他的两条腿都伤得不轻 |
[24:59] | Joyce said your dad | 乔伊斯说 |
[25:01] | stole from you, too. | 你爸爸偷过你的东西 |
[25:03] | Well, | 这个嘛 |
[25:05] | I had 500 bucks in my room, | 我房间里有五百美元 |
[25:07] | and my dad stole it from me. | 然后我爸爸偷走了它们 |
[25:09] | Said it was punishment. | 说是对我的惩罚 |
[25:11] | Punishment for what? | 什么的惩罚 |
[25:12] | Well, | 呃 |
[25:13] | I had borrowed somebody’s boat. | 我借了别人的船 |
[25:16] | It was the police chief’s. | 是警长的船 |
[25:18] | Did you ever forgive him? | 你原谅他了吗 |
[25:20] | My father… | 我爸爸么 |
[25:22] | I never trusted him again. | 我再也不信任他了 |
[25:25] | So if you can’t forgive | 所以说如果你无法原谅你爸 |
[25:26] | your father, what makes | 那么凭什么认为 |
[25:28] | you think you can change our jurors’ minds about Peter? | 你能改变陪审团对于彼得的偏见呢 |
[25:33] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[25:35] | So, I’ve been going over these fire cases, | 我正仔细重温这些纵火案 |
[25:37] | and something’s just-just nagging me. | 你们吵吵嚷嚷让我无法专心 |
[25:39] | Whoever’s doing this is good. | 干得漂亮 |
[25:41] | I mean | 我是说 |
[25:42] | – professional good. – Huh. | – 非常专业 – 是吗 |
[25:44] | Professional. | 专业 |
[25:46] | You think the arsonist is a fireman. | 你可是认为纵火犯是消防员 |
[25:57] | I got two pair, boys, aces and eights. | 我出双对 一对A 一对八 |
[26:00] | If you can beat that… | 有人压得住吗 |
[26:02] | – I got nothing. – Same here, Chief. | – 压不住 – 我也是 队长 |
[26:04] | Pair of kings. | 我只有一对K |
[26:07] | All right. | 真好 |
[26:09] | Tough hand, Sam. | 手气不错嘛 |
[26:10] | Looks like you need a fourth. | 看起来三缺一 |
[26:12] | Mind if I sit in? | 介意我坐在这吗 |
[26:14] | What the hell do you want, Bull? | 你到底想怎么样 布尔 |
[26:15] | Well, maybe | 这个嘛 |
[26:16] | a week in France would be nice. | 如果能到法国去度一周的假应该不错 |
[26:18] | But I really want to know which one of you clowns | 但是我很想知道 |
[26:21] | is responsible for the fire, the one that you blame | 你们几个里到底谁负责这起火灾 |
[26:24] | on Peter Walsh. | 就是你们说彼得·沃尔什是纵火犯的那起 |
[26:26] | I’m gonna say this once, Bull. | 我再说一遍 |
[26:26] | My men and I, we put out fires. | 我的伙伴和我合力扑灭了那场火 |
[26:28] | We risk our lives in doing it. | 我们可是冒着生命危险 |
[26:30] | We don’t expect any thank yous. | 不奢望你们的感谢 |
[26:32] | It’s the job. | 毕竟这是我们的工作 |
[26:33] | But what we do expect in return | 但唯一希望的就是 |
[26:37] | is the common decency not | 能受到起码的尊重 |
[26:39] | to be accused of arson or murder. | 而不是被指控为纵火犯甚至杀人犯 |
[26:42] | Now, are you gonna walk out the way you came or… | 现在 你是不是可以打道回府了 |
[26:46] | I got what I came for. | 此行我目的已达成 |
[26:47] | Thanks… Chief. | 谢了 队长 |
[26:57] | So, what’d you get? | 你知道什么了 |
[26:59] | I wasn’t the only one bluffing in there. | 唬人的可不是我一个 |
[27:03] | Follow the chief. | 跟着那个队长 |
[27:05] | I want to know every move he makes | 从现在开始到审理结束 |
[27:06] | between now and the end of the trial. | 我要知道他的一举一动 |
[27:11] | Okay. | 好了 |
[27:14] | Now, the only way to convince the people in this town | 现在 要想让镇上的人相信你是无辜的 |
[27:17] | you’re innocent is | 唯一的办法就是 |
[27:19] | to show them who you really are. | 告诉他们你到底是一个怎样的人 |
[27:22] | Under stress, your brain finds relief in music. | 面对压力 音乐对大脑是最好的放松 |
[27:26] | I don’t follow. | 我不这么看 |
[27:31] | Your testimony is gonna be a basic blues riff. | 你的证词可以来一段即兴的布鲁斯 |
[27:36] | We’re gonna show them that you’re a musician, | 我们会告诉他们你是一个音乐家 |
[27:38] | an artist, and that you create things, | 艺术家 喜欢创造 |
[27:41] | not destroy them. | 而不是破坏 |
[27:43] | Did you burn down the diner that night? | 你那晚有没有烧毁路边的饭店 |
[27:45] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[27:47] | So, you had been fired | 可否解释 |
[27:48] | from your job. | 你为何会被解雇 |
[27:49] | I got let go for the winter, but Mr. Keller | 因为冬天是淡季 |
[27:52] | promised he’d hire me when the tourists come back. | 但是凯勒先生答应我 旺季就再聘我回去 |
[27:55] | I wasn’t angry about it. | 所以我对此毫无怨言 |
[27:56] | Mr. Keller and I were friends. He gave me | 凯勒先生跟我是朋友 |
[27:59] | my first Yardbirds record. | 他给了我第一张雏鸟乐队的唱片 |
[28:01] | I turned him on to the Black Keys. | 我让他爱上了黑键乐队 |
[28:03] | So, you like music? | 这么说 你喜欢音乐 |
[28:04] | I love music. | 我热爱音乐 |
[28:06] | I’ve been playing guitar since I was seven. | 我从七岁就开始弹吉他 |
[28:08] | You make guitars out of some pretty unusual things. | 你会用一些特别的材料自己做吉他 |
[28:12] | Guitars and amps. | 对 吉他还有电吉他 |
[28:13] | You know, most people don’t realize that you can | 大多数人都不知道 |
[28:15] | make some pretty rad instruments out of just about anything. | 用任何东西都能做出非常美妙的乐器 |
[28:19] | Shovels, soda bottles, old chandeliers. | 铁铲 汽水瓶 旧吊灯 |
[28:22] | This town sees you as a dangerous criminal. | 这座小镇将你视为危险的罪犯 |
[28:26] | But we’re gonna show them that | 但我们要告诉他们 |
[28:28] | you’re not the one to fear. | 根本没必要怕你 |
[28:30] | In fact, you’re afraid of them. | 事实上 你很害怕他们 |
[28:33] | Why don’t you come by town anymore, Peter? | 那为什么你再也不到镇上来了 彼得 |
[28:35] | Well, I would. But a few times when I’ve come | 我也想 但是好几次我过来 |
[28:39] | to go dumpster diving to collect parts to make my instruments… | 搜寻垃圾 收集零件制造乐器的时候… |
[28:45] | …I’ve gotten accused of casing houses to break into them. | 我被指控是在蹲点 寻找时机私闯民宅 |
[28:51] | I’m just looking through the stuff that… | 我只不过是在翻看… |
[28:54] | everyone else has thrown away. | 那些被大家丢弃的东西 |
[29:07] | Pigden’s not gonna go easy on you. | 皮登不会让你好过的 |
[29:10] | He’s gonna want to get you angry. | 他会想要激怒你 |
[29:12] | Whatever you do, | 不管你想怎么做 |
[29:13] | don’t. | 都忍住 |
[29:15] | So, why does the empty container of lighter fluid | 为什么那罐空的打火机液罐上 |
[29:17] | have your fingerprints all over it? | 到处都是你的指纹 |
[29:19] | – Because I use it to burn the trash. – You had a key | – 因为我用它来烧过垃圾 – 你有钥匙 |
[29:21] | To gain access. | 可以进门 |
[29:23] | And you wanted to teach Charles Keller a lesson, | 你想给查尔斯一个教训 |
[29:26] | – isn’t that right? – Oh, give me a break! No! | – 难道不是吗 – 你够了 不是的 |
[29:29] | Relax and remember, | 放松 想一想 |
[29:31] | blues riff. | 蓝调重复段 |
[29:42] | I don’t teach people | 我不会教训别人 |
[29:44] | a lesson. That’s my brother. | 那是我哥哥做的事 |
[29:46] | And I don’t understand why it’s so hard for you | 真不明白 让你们相信我跟他不一样 |
[29:49] | to believe that I’m not him. | 怎么就这么难呢 |
[29:50] | Mr. Walsh, if it is really so bad for you here in Kavanaugh, | 沃尔什先生 如果待在卡瓦诺让你这么痛苦 |
[29:55] | why stay? | 干嘛还要留下 |
[30:00] | I was seven years old when my dad took off. | 我父亲抛妻弃子的时候我才七岁 |
[30:03] | And my mom didn’t handle that well. | 我母亲处理得不是很好 |
[30:08] | And I think she’s in a better place now that she’s passed on. | 现在她去世了 我相信她去了一个更好的地方 |
[30:11] | But I visit her every Sunday | 但是每个礼拜天 |
[30:15] | at Chambliss Street Cemetery. | 我都去钱布利斯街公墓探望她 |
[30:17] | My grandfather, | 我的祖父 |
[30:19] | he was born and died in the same house I live in. | 在我现在住的地方 经历了从出生到死亡 |
[30:22] | Kavanaugh’s my home. | 卡瓦诺就是我的家 |
[30:26] | So where else would I go? | 我还能去哪儿 |
[30:33] | Hey, you two. Hope you’re both happy. | 嘿 你们俩 这下你们高兴了 |
[30:35] | That an innocent man is one step closer to freedom? | 一个无辜的人离自由更近了一步 |
[30:38] | – Yes. We were just talking about that. | – 确实高兴 我们刚还在说这个事 |
[30:40] | People lost their homes, property values are down. | 人们流离失所 房产在贬值 |
[30:43] | And we caught the son-of-a-bitch causing all the trouble, | 我们本来抓到了这一切的罪魁祸首 |
[30:45] | until you strolled in | 直到你带着骗子小组 |
[30:47] | with your crew of liars. | 插手此事 |
[30:48] | I think she’s referring to you. | 我想她指的是你 |
[30:50] | Oh, I… I got that, thank you. | 我听明白了 谢谢啊 |
[30:51] | And you want to set him free? | 你想让他获得自由 |
[30:53] | Collect a payday? | 工作赚钱 |
[30:54] | Move on, just like your father. | 卷铺盖走人吧 就像你爸那样 |
[30:58] | You can twist your Manhattan juries | 你在曼哈顿可以操控陪审团 |
[31:00] | around your finger, but here… | 但是在这里… |
[31:02] | they listen to me. | 我说了算 |
[31:07] | The jury is ours unless Joyce contaminates them. | 陪审团是支持我们的 除非乔伊斯给他们洗脑 |
[31:10] | I think we made her angry. | 看来我们惹她生气了 |
[31:13] | Angry enough to tip her hand. | 这份怒气足以让她露出底牌了 |
[31:15] | You know how Joyce controls this town? | 知道乔伊斯是怎么控制这个小镇的吗 |
[31:17] | Through gossip. | 通过流言 |
[31:20] | And gossip is how we’re gonna take her down. | 我们就是要利用流言扳倒她 |
[31:29] | Well, it’s hay fever season. | 花粉热的季节到了 |
[31:31] | Time to sneeze. | 该打喷嚏了 |
[31:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:35] | What did you have in mind? | 你有什么想法 |
[31:36] | Something my dad would appreciate. | 一个我爸会赞同的想法 |
[31:38] | The jury’s listening to Joyce, | 陪审团听信乔伊斯的话 |
[31:41] | we’re gonna turn them against her with a rumor. | 我们要用一个谣言 让他们与她敌对 |
[31:44] | Dad always told me people can’t be sold something | 我爸一直告诉我 人们会相信 |
[31:46] | unless they want to buy it. | 他们选择相信的东西 |
[31:49] | How about Joyce is negotiating a deal, | 这个怎样 乔伊斯在洽谈一个协议 |
[31:52] | 200 room resort with golf course, | 建一片度假村 有两百间房 带高尔夫球场 |
[31:56] | and spa? | 还有水疗场 |
[31:58] | That’s good. | 不错 |
[31:59] | All over the county flannel undies are bunching. | 整个小镇的三姑六婆都会聚集起来 |
[32:10] | Who’s driving? | 这谁的车 |
[32:14] | There you go. | 到了 |
[32:16] | Hey. Right on time. | 嘿 很准时嘛 |
[32:17] | Hey. Good to see you. | 嘿 很高兴见到你 |
[32:19] | Oh, do we look okay? | 我们看起来还行吧 |
[32:20] | We were told business professional. | 有人让我们穿职业正装 |
[32:21] | You guys look great. | 很不错 |
[32:23] | I might have lost the ties, but why quibble? | 我没带领带 但是何必吹毛求疵呢 |
[32:26] | So, what we’re gonna do here today is, uh, | 我们今天要在这做的事 |
[32:29] | sort of like Simon Says. | 有点像西蒙说 |
[32:31] | And right now, you’re gonna look to your left. | 现在 你们朝左边看 |
[32:32] | You see that fountain over there? | 看见那边的喷泉了吗 |
[32:35] | I’d like you to make a dismissive motion | 我想让你做个蔑视的手势 |
[32:38] | with your hand, like you’re just gonna level that thing. | 就像你要把它抬起来一样 |
[32:40] | Yeah. There we go. | 不错 |
[32:41] | Now, I’m gonna say something really funny. | 现在 我要说点很好笑的事 |
[32:43] | Ready? And you’re laughing. | 准备好了吗 你们开始笑 |
[32:47] | God bless America. | 天佑美国 |
[32:48] | All right, do you see that woman | 好了 看到我身后 |
[32:50] | in the cranberry jacket behind me? | 穿蔓越莓色外套的女人了吗 |
[32:51] | Sure do. | 看到了 |
[32:53] | Mmm. Give her a wave. | 跟她招招手 |
[32:54] | You know her. | 你认识她 |
[32:55] | You know her. She’s the best. | 你认识她 她是最棒的 |
[32:58] | Did she wave back? | 她回招了吗 |
[32:59] | She sure did. | 回招了 |
[33:00] | Okay, let’s give it a couple seconds. | 好的 我们稍等一下 |
[33:12] | All right. We’re done. | 好了 任务完成 |
[33:14] | Thanks for coming out. | 谢谢你们过来 |
[33:15] | That’s it? That’s all you need? | 就这样 你只用我们做这事 |
[33:17] | That is all I need. | 是的 这样就够了 |
[33:19] | Thanks, everyone. | 多谢了 各位 |
[33:35] | How’s it going? | 怎么样 |
[33:37] | They’re all blaming Joyce for our planted story | 我们编造的酒店发展计划 |
[33:39] | about the hotel development. | 让他们全都开始责怪乔伊斯 |
[33:41] | People are losing their minds. | 人们失去理智了 |
[33:42] | It’s almost scary how quickly it’s spreading. | 传播得这么快 真是让人心惊 |
[33:44] | – It’s like… – Feathers. | – 就像 – 羽毛… |
[33:47] | You know, there’s this old story | 有这么个古老的故事 |
[33:48] | about a man who spread a nasty rumor | 说的是有个男人散播了 |
[33:51] | about a rival shopkeeper, | 一则与之竞争的店主的谣言 |
[33:52] | and it spread throughout the shtetl. | 谣言在小镇传播开来 |
[33:54] | I’m taking this man was Jewish, | 我想这人是犹太人 |
[33:56] | and he lived in Eastern Europe. | 住在东欧 |
[33:58] | It’s an old story. Yeah. | 是 这是个很老的故事了 |
[34:00] | Benny, take note. | 本尼 记下来 |
[34:01] | Let’s incorporate this into your closing. | 把这个放到你的结案陈词里去 |
[34:04] | The gossip stuck, | 流言深入人心 |
[34:06] | and the shopkeeper was driven from the town. | 店主被驱逐出城镇 |
[34:08] | So the man felt bad | 然后男人对于 |
[34:10] | about the gossip he had spread about his rival, | 传播竞争对手的谣言感到内疚 |
[34:14] | so he went to his rabbi to ask | 所以他去向老师求助 |
[34:16] | how he could undo what he had done. | 问他怎么能撤销自己的所作所为 |
[34:19] | So the rabbi said, | 拉比说 |
[34:20] | take a pillow to the town square, | 带个枕头到城镇广场 |
[34:22] | cut it open, and shake it until it was empty. | 把枕头切开 一直摇晃直到枕头变空 |
[34:26] | So the man did that. | 那个人就照着做了 |
[34:28] | So the rabbi said, now go, | 后来拉比说 现在 |
[34:31] | and pick up all the feathers | 你去把每一片羽毛都捡起来 |
[34:32] | and stick them back in the pillow. | 再把它们塞回枕头里 |
[34:34] | “Impossible,” Said the man. | “这根本不可能” 那个人说 |
[34:37] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[34:39] | Once a piece of gossip | 一旦一条流言蜚语 |
[34:41] | leaves your mouth, | 从你嘴里散播出去 |
[34:43] | you can’t put it back. | 就没办法再收回来 |
[34:46] | Peter Walsh did not burn down that diner, | 彼得·沃尔什没有烧毁那间餐馆 |
[34:49] | nor did he kill Charles Keller. | 他也没有杀死查尔斯 凯勒 |
[34:52] | And despite a lack of evidence, | 尽管此案缺乏证据 |
[34:54] | some of you still think he did. | 但你们之中仍然有人认为是他干的 |
[34:55] | I notice everyone wearing the buttons that say, | 我注意到你们每个人都戴了一个胸牌 |
[34:59] | “No Resort in Kavanaugh.” | 上面写着”卡瓦诺拒绝度假酒店” |
[35:01] | Well, the rumors of a resort coming to Kavanaugh… | 实际上要在卡瓦诺修建度假酒店的传言… |
[35:05] | are not true. | 根本不是真的 |
[35:06] | That’s right, we made that up to illustrate a point. | 是的 我们这么做是为了阐明一个观点 |
[35:11] | You know the seven men and women in suits | 昨天你们看到的 |
[35:14] | who came into town yesterday? | 那七个身穿西装来县里的人 |
[35:16] | Hired drivers from Boston. | 是我们从波士顿雇来的司机 |
[35:18] | And yet, due to gossip, | 然而 由于流言蜚语 |
[35:21] | today the town is up in arms and pointing fingers | 今天所有的居民都非常气愤 |
[35:24] | at one of their good friends. | 并且严厉指责他们的一位好朋友 |
[35:29] | It’s not true. | 这整件事都是虚构的 |
[35:31] | That’s the point. | 这就是我想阐明的观点 |
[35:34] | Gossip spreads like wildfire | 四处蔓延的流言蜚语如同野火一般 |
[35:36] | and can destroy this town! | 有着能够摧毁这座城镇的力量 |
[35:38] | That’s how gossip works. | 这就是流言蜚语的杀伤力 |
[35:40] | And the greatest victim of it sits with us | 而今天 经受流言蜚语的最大受害者 |
[35:42] | right here today. | 跟我们同处一室 |
[35:43] | Peter Walsh. | 他就是彼得·沃尔什 |
[35:47] | Innocent man. | 一个无辜的人 |
[35:54] | On the two charges | 就纵火和二级谋杀罪 |
[35:57] | of arson and murder in the second degree, | 两项指控来讲 |
[36:00] | how does the jury find? | 陪审团如何评判 |
[36:03] | We the jury find the defendant, | 我们裁断被告 |
[36:06] | Peter Walsh… | 彼得·沃尔什… |
[36:08] | not guilty on both counts. | 两项指控均无罪 |
[36:12] | This case is ended. | 本案审判结束 |
[36:14] | The defendant is free to go. | 被告当庭无罪释放 |
[36:17] | The court is adjourned. | 休庭 |
[36:20] | This is, uh… | 这… |
[36:21] | You guys are really… | 你们真的… |
[36:23] | I-I can’t… I can’t believe this. | 我无法… 我无法相信这一切 |
[36:26] | Th… Thank you. | 谢… 谢谢你 |
[36:27] | Of course. | 不客气 |
[36:29] | Now, listen, I want one of those electric shovels. | 听着 我想要一把你用铁铲做的吉他 |
[36:31] | Can you make that happen? | 你能帮我做一把吗 |
[36:32] | Yeah, I think so. | 可以 没问题 |
[36:34] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 恭喜你 – 谢谢你 |
[36:38] | Bull. | 布尔 |
[36:41] | When you said the arsonist was one of us, | 你之前说纵火犯是一名消防队员 |
[36:43] | it didn’t sit well with me. | 这让我非常火大 |
[36:45] | Yeah, I got that impression. | 是 我感觉到了 |
[36:49] | But… | 但是… |
[36:51] | I went through the evidence from the other fires again. | 我重新检查了一遍其他几件失火案的证据 |
[36:54] | Sure enough, something stuck out. | 果然 发现了一些疑点 |
[36:56] | One of my firemen, | 我手下的一名消防员 |
[36:58] | he was always the first to go in. | 他总是第一个到达现场 |
[37:00] | If you know where the first started… | 如果你知道什么地方将要失火… |
[37:03] | He was destroying evidence. | 他是去销毁证据的 |
[37:05] | Sam Keane. | 那个人就是萨姆·基恩 |
[37:06] | He’s at the sheriff’s station right now. | 他这会儿已经在警局了 |
[37:10] | I found this at your… cabin after the fire. | 在你的小屋失火之后… 我发现了这个 |
[37:12] | It belongs to you. | 是你的东西 |
[37:23] | Well, what do you know? There’s my 500 bucks. | 真是想不到 这不是我的五百美元吗 |
[37:28] | You’re not your father, Jason. | 你跟你父亲不一样 杰森 |
[37:32] | Thank you, Chief. | 谢谢你 队长 |
[37:34] | For the fireman’s fund. | 这钱捐给消防员做基金吧 |
[37:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:47] | Hmm. | 没事 |
[37:48] | Aw… | 噢… |
[37:49] | Let me s… | 让我看看… |
[37:50] | Oh-ho, look how cute you were. | 你太可爱了 |
[37:52] | Don’t let Benny see that fish… He’ll get jealous. | 别让本尼看到那条鱼… 他会嫉妒的 |
[37:54] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[37:57] | So, Sam Keane. | 这么说来 萨姆·基恩 |
[37:59] | – That’s interesting, isn’t it? – Mm. | – 挺有趣 不是吗 – 是的 |
[38:01] | I watched Sam Keane fold a winning hand | 我之前看到萨姆·基恩把赢钱的牌丢掉 |
[38:03] | because he didn’t want to beat his boss. | 就因为他不想打败他的上司 |
[38:05] | He is a classic subordinate. | 他是典型的下属思维 |
[38:07] | You think he didn’t do it. | 你觉得不是他干的 |
[38:08] | Someone else is pulling the strings. | 肯定还有人在幕后操纵 |
[38:12] | Pull! | 好 |
[38:16] | Joyce. | 乔伊斯 |
[38:18] | You know better than to startle a woman | 你该知道 别去惊吓一个 |
[38:20] | with a shotgun, don’t you? | 正拿着散弹枪的女人 不是吗 |
[38:22] | It’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[38:23] | You know, we were spreading this rumor | 你知道吗 我们散布的这一谣言中 |
[38:25] | about you buying up all the properties | 你在到处购买产业 |
[38:27] | so this development that came to town would make you a lot | 随后市里的一项投资会让你大捞一笔 |
[38:29] | of money, and it turns out that’s true. | 结果这居然是真的 |
[38:31] | Eh, I took advantage of some unfortunate events. | 我利用了一些不幸事件 |
[38:33] | Nothing illegal about that. | 这可没有违法 |
[38:35] | No. Sam Keane said he set those fires. | 是的 萨姆·基恩说那些火都是他放的 |
[38:37] | But he also said | 但他还说了 |
[38:39] | you paid him to do it. | 是你雇他这么做的 |
[38:41] | He flipped on you for a plea deal. | 因为辩诉交易 他把你供出来了 |
[38:43] | Makes you an accessory to murder. | 你就成了谋杀案的从犯 |
[38:53] | I always hated you. | 我一直都很讨厌你 |
[38:57] | All right, Joyce. | 好吧 乔伊斯 |
[38:59] | Here we go. | 我们走吧 |
[39:01] | Somehow that makes me feel better. | 不知怎么的这样让我感觉好很多 |
[39:04] | Pull! | 好 |
[39:10] | Hey, guys, I got one! | 朋友们 我钓到了 |
[39:12] | All right, Benny! | 很好 本尼 |
[39:14] | Eh, crap. Never mind. | 糟了 没事了 |
[39:16] | All right, Bull, | 行了 布尔 |
[39:17] | tell us the real story. | 告诉我们真相吧 |
[39:18] | Yeah. Why’d you keep | 对 这么多年了 |
[39:20] | your dad’s cabin all these years? | 你为什么还留着你爸的小屋 |
[39:22] | Well, I guess I just had this fantasy | 我猜可能是因为我有这么一个幻想 |
[39:24] | that one day I’d come back up here and… | 有一天我会回去然后… |
[39:26] | set things straight. | 把事情理清楚 |
[39:28] | Well, it’s not a fantasy now, huh? | 现在不用再幻想了吧 对吗 |
[39:29] | I guess not. | 我想是不用了 |
[39:31] | Would’ve been nice to have Dad up here | 如果我父亲也在这 |
[39:33] | to see how things turned out. | 能看到事情的结局就好了 |
[39:36] | When did he pass away? | 他什么时候去世的 |
[39:37] | Oh, he’s not dead… He lives in Florida. | 他没死… 他住在佛罗里达州 |
[39:42] | Yes! | 上钩了 |
[39:44] | – Whoo! – Oh, easy, ea-easy. | – 呼 – 慢点 慢点 |