时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Come on, Saints! | 加油 圣徒队 |
[00:08] | Let’s go, Jordan. | 加油 乔丹 |
[00:12] | That’s our son. | 那是我们的儿子 |
[00:17] | Laser. | 拉泽 |
[00:18] | Blue 80, blue 80, set, hut! | 蓝色 八十 蓝色 八十 准备 开球 |
[00:30] | Go, Jordan! | 加油 乔丹 |
[00:33] | Let’s go, Jordan! | 加油 乔丹 |
[00:37] | Man! Man! | 爽 爽 |
[00:39] | You killed it. | 你太牛了 |
[00:44] | Jordan! Jordan! | 乔丹 乔丹 |
[00:46] | Great play, brother. | 漂亮 兄弟 |
[00:50] | Hey, what’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[00:52] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[00:53] | Someone hacked the scoreboard. | 记分牌被黑了 |
[00:58] | Oh, is that a teacher? | 那是老师吗 |
[01:00] | Oh, is that Mrs. Bryant? | 那是布莱恩特老师吗 |
[01:04] | Dude, you’re banging Mrs. Bryant? | 老兄 你居然和布莱恩特老师有一腿 |
[01:07] | All right, man. | 得了 |
[01:08] | I can’t believe this. | 难以置信 |
[01:10] | This isn’t the first time he scored tonight. | 今晚他多次得分 |
[01:11] | MVP MVP MVP! MVP! | |
[01:13] | MVP MVP MVP! MVP! | |
[01:28] | Teachers are supposed to provide a safe place | 教师应该为孩子们提供 |
[01:30] | for our kids to learn, not become their sex toys. | 良好的学习环境 不是学生的情趣玩具 |
[01:33] | He should be at least 18. | 他至少有十八岁吧 |
[01:34] | If two consenting adults want to fall in love, | 两个成年人自由恋爱 |
[01:36] | who are we to judge? | 有什么好指责的 |
[01:37] | 17-year-old football player? Who can blame her? | 十七岁的橄榄球运动员 谁能怪她 |
[01:40] | Sounds kind of good to me. | 我觉得挺好 |
[01:41] | No way it’s love, it’s sex. | 这绝不是爱情 只是性 |
[01:43] | I had the biggest crush on my 11th grade math teacher. | 我也曾疯狂迷恋我的初中数学老师 |
[01:45] | Anyone in a position of power over a teen, it’s rape. | 但凡涉事者的地位在少年之上 就是强奸 |
[01:50] | She should go to prison with the rest of the pedophiles. | 她应该和那些恋童癖一起去坐牢 |
[01:53] | So how come the police haven’t put the teacher in jail yet? | 警察为什么还不抓那老师 |
[01:55] | She’s 24, the kid’s 17. | 她二十四 那小孩十七 |
[01:57] | Police were brought in. | 警方介入了 |
[01:59] | Conducted an investigation. | 进行了调查 |
[02:00] | The school fired her and the state | 她被学校解雇 |
[02:01] | took away her teaching license. | 执教资格也被吊销 |
[02:03] | But the age of consent in New York | 但纽约的同意年龄是 |
[02:05] | is 17, so… | 十七岁 所以… |
[02:06] | Yep. The DA dropped the charges. | 检察官撤销了指控 |
[02:07] | And she’s married, too? | 她已婚了 |
[02:09] | Poor husband. He had no idea? | 可怜的丈夫不知情 |
[02:10] | Even if she wasn’t, she’s an adult. | 就算没结婚 她是成年人 |
[02:11] | She doesn’t get to have sex | 不该和学生 |
[02:13] | with her high school students. | 发生关系 |
[02:14] | Bull’s meeting with the parents about a civil suit? | 布尔要和家长商讨提出民事诉讼 |
[02:16] | Parents and the kid. | 家长和孩子一起 |
[02:17] | Liberty brought us the case. | 利伯蒂接的案子 |
[02:19] | She’s on her way over. | 她正过来 |
[02:20] | Well, if this case goes to trial, here’s my two cents. | 如果要闹上法庭 我的拙见是 |
[02:24] | Blind jurors. | 蒙住陪审员的眼睛 |
[02:29] | Jordan is a straight-A student, varsity player. | 乔丹是成绩全优生 校队成员 |
[02:31] | Never got a tattoo or an earring. | 没纹身 不戴耳环 |
[02:33] | Even makes his own bed, isn’t | 甚至自己整理床铺 |
[02:34] | – that right, baby? – I guess. | – 对吧 孩子 – 是吧 |
[02:36] | And got a full ride at Hudson University. | 又得了哈德森大学的全额奖学金 |
[02:38] | – We were so proud. – But his behavior changed | – 我们都很自豪 – 可是他的行为 |
[02:40] | as the semester went along, and he started spending more time | 逐渐在变 训练后 |
[02:42] | with his English teacher after football practice. | 经常和英语老师在一起 |
[02:44] | Dad. I’m sitting right here. | 爸 给点面子 |
[02:46] | Things spiraled from there. And then at the game, | 事情就此失控 在比赛里 |
[02:48] | we found out why. | 我们明白了 |
[02:49] | I’ve always found cars uncomfortable. | 我总觉得坐车不舒服 |
[02:51] | It is hard to find privacy in high school, | 在高中很难有个人隐私 |
[02:52] | – isn’t it, Jordan? – Dr. Bull, we’re here | – 对吧 乔丹 – 布尔博士 其实 |
[02:54] | because everyone knows that if the genders were reversed, | 大家都明白 如果涉事双方换一下性别 |
[02:56] | and a 24-year-old male teacher | 二十四岁的男性教师 |
[02:59] | was having sex with a student, | 和学生发生关系 |
[03:00] | the teacher would be in jail. | 那教师早就坐牢了 |
[03:02] | Mom. Come on. | 妈 别说了 |
[03:03] | She was taking advantage of you, baby. | 她在利用你 孩子 |
[03:05] | She raped him. | 她这是强奸 |
[03:08] | So why are you here, Jordan? | 你为什么跟着来 乔丹 |
[03:10] | Clearly don’t agree with your parents suing Mrs. Bryant. | 你都不同意父母起诉布莱恩特老师 |
[03:12] | Yes he does. | 他同意的 |
[03:13] | They said I had to be here. | 父母说我必须来 |
[03:15] | What kind of doctor are you? | 你是哪类博士 |
[03:17] | I’m the kind of doctor who can tell | 我这种博士能判断 |
[03:18] | when someone’s uncomfortable, like you are right now, | 某人何时不自在 比如现在的你 |
[03:20] | ’cause you’re touching your vagus nerve. | 你一直在触摸自己的迷走神经 |
[03:22] | It’s an unconscious attempt to calm yourself down. | 这是无意识地让自己冷静 |
[03:25] | You still have feelings for this teacher, huh? | 你对这位老师还有感情 |
[03:29] | Susan left her husband to be with me. | 为了我 苏珊和老公分开了 |
[03:31] | Jordan. It’s over. | 乔丹 都结束了 |
[03:34] | It’s not over. | 没结束 |
[03:36] | Your parents don’t know you’re still seeing her, do they? | 父母不知道你们还在一起 对吧 |
[03:39] | – Ah, Jordan, come on. – Yes. | – 乔丹 不会吧 – 是的 |
[03:41] | Yes. Okay? | 是的 满意了 |
[03:42] | Susan and I have already talked this over, | 我和苏珊谈过了 |
[03:44] | and I’m moving in with her. | 我准备和她同居 |
[03:46] | Sorry if that upsets you guys. | 抱歉让你们难过了 |
[03:47] | – Jordan. – Dad, don’t try and stop me. | – 乔丹 – 爸 别拦我 |
[03:48] | Jordan. Come back here. | 乔丹 回来 |
[03:51] | Let him go. | 让他去 |
[03:52] | Arguing is not gonna bring him back. | 讲道理无济于事 |
[03:54] | It’s one of the reasons he’s sneaking around. | 所以他才偷偷地约会 |
[03:58] | Hey. You wanted to see me? | 你找我 |
[04:00] | Yeah. I wanted you to meet Jordan, but he’s jumped ship. | 我本想让你和乔丹见面 但他逃了 |
[04:03] | Yeah. I saw him running out. | 我看到他跑出去了 |
[04:05] | The parents? | 父母呢 |
[04:06] | – Yeah. You mind sitting in with us? – Sure. | – 你想和我们一起吗 – 好 |
[04:08] | I can give some perspective on football life. | 关于橄榄球 我可以提供些看法 |
[04:11] | You played football? | 你玩橄榄球 |
[04:15] | It’s been two weeks | 事情过去两个星期了 |
[04:17] | and Jordan already moved in with his teacher. | 乔丹已经和老师同居 |
[04:19] | – Yeah. – Wow. | – 不错 – 喔 |
[04:20] | The lawsuit really set Jordan off. | 讼诉确实激起了乔丹的逆反心 |
[04:22] | Unbeknownst to his parents, he-he dropped out of school. | 他瞒着父母辍学了 |
[04:24] | He disconnected his cell phone. | 不开手机 |
[04:26] | He sent his parents an e-mail telling them | 用电邮告诉父母 |
[04:27] | not to contact him until they accept | 不要联系他 除非 |
[04:29] | his relationship with her. Which is terrible for Jordan… | 接受他和老师的关系 乔丹这样太糟了… |
[04:31] | But it could strengthen his parents’ case against her. | 这样一来 父母起诉她的理由更充分了 |
[04:34] | Especially since we’re going for a negligent infliction | 尤其我们起诉对方由于过失而造成 |
[04:36] | of severe emotional distress. | 严重的精神损害 |
[04:37] | Yeah. It’s a legit suit, but I’m guessing | 合法诉讼 不过我认为 |
[04:40] | that the parents’ real purpose is to put leverage | 父母其实是想给老师压力 |
[04:42] | on this teacher to stop seeing their son. | 中断她和儿子的约会 |
[04:44] | Exactly. | 不错 |
[04:45] | Jordan’s parents said they’d drop the suit | 如果布莱恩特老师同意中断关系 |
[04:46] | if Mrs. Bryant agrees never to see their son again. | 乔丹的家长就撤销诉讼 |
[04:49] | It may work. | 也许能行 |
[04:50] | You know, a lot of predators | 很多像她那样的 |
[04:52] | like her back off as soon as they’re under pressure. | 狩猎者一旦有压力 就会放弃 |
[04:54] | Yeah, well, she’s already doubled down. | 她的行动已经升级 |
[04:56] | If she takes it to trial, in order to prove | 如果上法庭 为了证明 |
[04:58] | emotional distress, we’ll have to demonstrate | 孩子精神受创 就要揭露 |
[05:00] | outrageous behavior. | 她的无耻 |
[05:01] | Isolating him and blowing up his family check two big boxes. | 孤立孩子 拆散其家庭 这些证据就满满的 |
[05:04] | The biggest challenge is showing damage, | 难题是证明有伤害 |
[05:06] | because it’s in the future. | 因为这还没发生 |
[05:07] | Yeah. Dr. Bull said he’s gonna talk to Jordan, | 对 布尔博士准备和乔丹谈谈 |
[05:09] | but frankly, I don’t even know how he’s gonna get in the door. | 不过我认为 他连进对方家门都很难 |
[05:14] | No way. Chunk Palmer. | 不会吧 特朗科·帕默 |
[05:16] | Played defense for the Bulldogs. | 前斗犬队的后卫 |
[05:18] | – I did. – Amazing. | – 不错 – 神奇啊 |
[05:20] | Can I get you guys a soda? | 喝苏打水吗 |
[05:21] | No. We just came to have a little chat | 不必了 我们只是想和你 |
[05:23] | with you and Mrs. Bryant. | 还有布莱恩特老师谈谈 |
[05:25] | That would be me. | 我在呢 |
[05:27] | Please, it’s Susan. | 叫我苏珊就行了 |
[05:30] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[05:32] | Um, so what were you hoping to see here? | 你们希望看到什么 |
[05:35] | What were you hoping we would see here? | 你们希望我们看到什么 |
[05:37] | Despite what anyone thinks, Susan and I are in love. | 不管别人怎么说 苏珊和我相爱了 |
[05:40] | I know it may sound weird to you, | 你们也许觉得不可思议 |
[05:42] | but there it is. | 但事实就是如此 |
[05:43] | I just hope my parents can understand | 只希望父母能理解 |
[05:45] | and leave us alone. | 不再找我们麻烦 |
[05:46] | Your parents are very concerned about you. I understand | 你父母很担忧 听说 |
[05:48] | – your dropping out of school? – No. | – 你辍学了 – 没有 |
[05:50] | I wouldn’t let that happen. | 这事不会发生 |
[05:51] | Susan’s gonna homeschool me. | 苏珊就是我的家庭教师 |
[05:53] | How many students get that kind of attention, right? | 有几个学生可以得到这种关注 |
[05:56] | Only one. | 仅此一个 |
[05:59] | So you’re gonna give up your college scholarship? | 你打算放弃大学奖学金 |
[06:01] | Your dream of playing pro football. | 还有职业橄榄球的梦想 |
[06:03] | You did. | 你就这样的 |
[06:05] | Dropped out of the drafts. Bet you had a good reason. | 退出选秀 你肯定有自己的理由 |
[06:07] | I have a good reason, too. | 我也有自己的理由 |
[06:09] | I’m happy now. | 我现在很快乐 |
[06:11] | – That’s all that matters. – Yeah, and Jordan has a lot | – 这就足够了 – 不错 乔丹除了橄榄球 |
[06:13] | of other talents besides playing football. | 还有其他的天赋 |
[06:15] | Yeah. I can see that. | 能看出来 |
[06:18] | – You like drawing, Jordan? – Yes. | – 乔丹 你喜欢画画吗 – 是的 |
[06:19] | He applied to City Arts. | 他向艺校提了申请 |
[06:21] | Well, thank you, Jordan. | 谢谢啊 乔丹 |
[06:24] | I see you have a spokesperson. | 都有代言人了 |
[06:25] | And I’m sure your husband is not thrilled with your new career. | 我敢说 你丈夫对于你的新职业并不兴奋 |
[06:28] | This has been really hard on everybody. | 每个人都不好受 |
[06:30] | On both of our families. | 尤其是我们的家人 |
[06:32] | But when you find true love, what are you supposed to do? | 但是一旦找到真爱 你会怎么做 |
[06:34] | Stay trapped? | 困在其中 |
[06:35] | You’re being sued for inflicting harm on a minor. | 你被起诉的罪名是伤害未成年人 |
[06:38] | That is a painful and expensive process. | 这官司会很痛苦 并且烧钱 |
[06:41] | Are you sure you don’t still feel trapped? | 你确定自己是自由的 |
[06:46] | I think it’s time you guys left. | 你们该走了 |
[06:49] | Susan didn’t seem too concerned about the case. | 苏珊似乎对案子不太在意 |
[06:51] | Well, they’re covering. | 他们在掩饰而已 |
[06:53] | A lot of changes in their life right now. | 他们的生活改变了很多 |
[06:55] | Something’s up with her. What did you think? | 她有些不可告人的事情 你认为呢 |
[06:57] | – She’s controlling. – Yeah. | – 她在主导一切 – 对 |
[06:58] | The homeschooling, | 家教 |
[06:59] | the answering questions for him, | 为男孩回答问题 |
[07:01] | the nudging him away from football | 劝说他离开球队 |
[07:03] | to art school. | 去读艺校 |
[07:05] | Think they’re in love? | 他们是相爱吗 |
[07:06] | I think they think they are. | 他们自己以为是 |
[07:08] | I’m telling you, Chunk, | 跟你说 特朗科 |
[07:10] | we’re gonna win this case. | 我们能赢得官司 |
[07:12] | And we’re gonna win it the right way. | 而且是用正确的方式 |
[07:16] | What does that mean exactly? | 这什么意思 |
[07:17] | It means the apparent reason for something | 意思是 某些明显的原因 |
[07:19] | often isn’t the reason for it at all. | 其实都不是真正的原因 |
[07:22] | Some might assume that you quit football | 有人会认为你放弃橄榄球 |
[07:24] | because you were afraid to come out. | 是因为不敢出柜 |
[07:25] | Must have been hard for your family. | 当时你们家人肯定压力很大 |
[07:28] | My parents took it about as well as Jordan’s did. | 我父母当时的反应和乔丹父母的一样 |
[07:31] | They sacrificed everything for me to achieve that dream. | 他们牺牲了一切就为了让我实现梦想 |
[07:34] | It meant everything to them. | 这对他们来说很重要 |
[07:36] | And then when the draft approached, | 等橄榄球选秀临近的时候 |
[07:38] | I realized I needed something else. | 我意识到我需要的是别的东西 |
[07:40] | Something more. | 更多的 |
[07:42] | Something for me. | 属于我自己的东西 |
[07:47] | And look who is representing Susan Bryant. | 看看苏珊·布莱恩特请了哪位大律师 |
[07:50] | Dr. Bull, hello. | 尔博士 你好 |
[07:52] | Wendy Anderson. | 温迪·安德森 |
[07:53] | This is Chunk Palmer. Ms. Anderson | 这位是特朗科·帕默 |
[07:55] | is a highly renowned | 安德森女士是一名 |
[07:57] | champion for women’s rights. | 享有盛名的女权捍卫者 |
[07:58] | Susan and Jordan fell in love. | 苏珊和乔丹相爱了 |
[08:00] | We live in a country that allows them this freedom. | 而我们住一个允许他们自由恋爱的国家 |
[08:03] | And that right applies to beautiful women, too. | 这个权利也同样适用于漂亮女人 |
[08:05] | And beautiful women predators. | 以及漂亮的狩猎女 |
[08:06] | You’re gonna get a lot of press on this case. | 处理这个案子你压力很大啊 |
[08:08] | – Pro bono? – Don’t have contact with Susan again | – 无偿服务吗 – 除非我在场 |
[08:11] | unless I’m in her presence. | 否则以后不要和苏珊接触了 |
[08:13] | It’s always a pleasure, Ms. Anderson. | 我的荣幸 安德森女士 |
[08:17] | This case just got a lot harder. | 这个案子变得更复杂了 |
[08:19] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[08:20] | And much more worth fighting. | 也更值得去争取了 |
[08:36] | I want to tell you all a love story. | 我想给各位讲一个爱情故事 |
[08:38] | The story of | 这个故事是关于 |
[08:39] | Jordan Henderson and Susan Bryant. | 乔丹·亨德森和苏珊·布莱恩特的 |
[08:41] | Jordan wants to build a life with Susan, | 乔丹想和苏珊在一起生活 |
[08:43] | but some people want to prevent true love. | 而有些人却想要阻止这份真爱 |
[08:45] | That’s what this case is about. | 这件案子就是这个样子的 |
[08:47] | Their relationship is legal and consensual. | 他们的关系是自愿而且合法的 |
[08:50] | When you have to remind people your relationship | 当你想要提醒大家你们的关系 |
[08:52] | is legal and consensual, you have a problem. | 是自愿合法的时候 你就遇上问题了 |
[08:54] | Smart tactic. | 聪明的策略 |
[08:55] | Who doesn’t like a good love story? | 谁会不喜欢好的爱情故事呢 |
[08:57] | …an 18-year-old | 十八岁少年为爱情的抗争 |
[08:58] | fight for love and be a man. | 和想要成为真正的男人的挣扎 |
[08:59] | Be a man. | 真正的男人 |
[09:01] | The dude’s banging his English teacher. | 这老兄和他的英语老师搞在一起 |
[09:02] | The Board of Education fired her | 教育委员会因为她是一名狩猎者 |
[09:03] | – for being a predator. – Her strategy | – 而解雇了她 – 她的策略 |
[09:05] | is to make Susan’s conduct seem reasonable, | 就是要让苏珊的行为看起来不是无法接受 |
[09:07] | rather than outrageous. | 而是很合理 |
[09:09] | Yeah, but there’s a reason | 没错 但是我们不在 |
[09:10] | that we don’t marry in our teens anymore. | 青年时期结婚是有原因的 |
[09:12] | Not every place agrees. | 不是每个地方都这样 |
[09:13] | You can get married at 14 | 在德克萨斯州 如果你的父母同意的话 |
[09:15] | with your parent’s consent in Texas. | 你可以十四岁就结婚 |
[09:16] | And in some places, I can be purchased for cows. | 而且有些地方你甚至可以用奶牛来买我 |
[09:18] | It doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. | 但并不代表这是个好主意 |
[09:20] | What? Are you trying to justify | 怎么 你现在是在为你 |
[09:22] | your relationship with Gabe now? | 和加布的关系辩解吗 |
[09:25] | I don’t have to justify anything. | 我不需要为任何东西辩解 |
[09:27] | How old is Gabe? | Gabe多大了 |
[09:28] | I bet this is the photojournalist | 我打赌他是你最近雇来 |
[09:29] | that you recently hired | 做自由职业者盯梢的 |
[09:30] | to do some freelance surveillance, right? | 那个摄影记者 对吗 |
[09:32] | There’s about eight years’ difference. | 我们俩大概相差八岁 |
[09:34] | Which would make him, what? | 这会让他变成什么呢 |
[09:35] | Over 21. | 他超过二十一岁了 |
[09:37] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[09:38] | It’s only been a few weeks. He’s casual. | 我们在一起才几个星期 他很随性 |
[09:39] | It’s cool. And best of all… | 这很酷 最重要的一点是 |
[09:41] | You can train him. | 你可以训练他 |
[09:42] | I was going to say he’s British. | 我正准备说他是个英国人 |
[09:44] | – Oh. – Yeah. But also, | – 这样啊 – 是的 但是同时呢 |
[09:46] | he is not set in his ways, unlike some people. | 他不是一成不变的 不像有些人 |
[09:49] | Trainable’s shorter. | 可训练期要短一些 |
[09:50] | And similar to how we are going | 同样的道理可以用到 |
[09:52] | to approach this case. | 我们解决这个案子上 |
[09:53] | To prove negligent infliction of emotional distress, | 为了证明过失导致的情绪困扰 |
[09:56] | we will show Mrs. Bryant breached her duty | 我们得先证明布莱恩特女士违反了 |
[09:58] | as Jordan’s teacher, | 她作为乔丹的老师的义务 |
[10:00] | and she was preying on him like a giant mantis. | 而且她像个巨型螳螂捕食了他 |
[10:03] | Well, the law actually calls it “Outrageous conduct” | 好吧 在法律上 对她来说叫”粗暴行为” |
[10:05] | on her part and “Lack of capacity” On his, | 而对乔丹来说就叫”没有行为能力” |
[10:07] | but | 但是没错 |
[10:08] | yeah, “Mantis” Is a better visual. | “螳螂”这个版本更好一点 |
[10:10] | We prove that in court, and | 我们在法庭上证明它 |
[10:12] | Wendy’s | 然后温迪的那套 |
[10:12] | “Consenting adult” Argument | “自愿与别人发生性行为的成年人”说辞 |
[10:14] | falls apart. | 就站不住脚了 |
[10:14] | I know some experts that we can line up. | 我认识一些我们可以联系的专家 |
[10:15] | Nice. | 不错 |
[10:16] | I’ll scour Susan’s digital footprint, records, | 我去搜索一下苏珊的上网记录 |
[10:18] | see if she’s ever slept with a student before. | 看看她以前有没有和别的学生睡过 |
[10:20] | I’ve also looked into Susan’s home life. | 我查过了苏珊的家庭生活 |
[10:22] | There’s no mom in the picture, | 照片上没有出现过母亲 |
[10:23] | Dad still lives in Ohio. | 父亲还生活在俄亥俄州 |
[10:24] | Mild-mannered husband, Jeffrey. | 还有性格温和的丈夫 杰弗里 |
[10:27] | No record of abuse. In fact, | 没有虐待的记录 事实上 |
[10:28] | he’s head over heels for her. | 他被她迷得神魂颠倒 |
[10:30] | That’s because she seeks out men like Jeffrey and Jordan. | 那是因为她就是喜欢杰弗里和乔丹这类男人 |
[10:33] | Men who worship her. | 会崇拜她的男人 |
[10:34] | Let’s make sure it doesn’t carry over to our jury. | 我们得保证这不会延续到我们的陪审团上去 |
[10:39] | Susan Bryant has been mistreated, misrepresented | 苏珊·布莱恩特是被我们的司法体系 |
[10:41] | and unjustly characterized | 曲解和误会 |
[10:43] | In our justice system. | 以及不公正的对待了 |
[10:45] | We’d like to ask the press to respect Susan’s priva… | 我们恳求媒体尊重苏珊的隐… |
[10:48] | So mock jurors who were parents didn’t relate | 所以模拟陪审团中谁是父母和 |
[10:51] | to William and Donna? | 威廉和唐娜没有关系吗 |
[10:52] | Our mock jury showed | 我们的模拟陪审团 |
[10:53] | that parents had little empathy for other parents. | 证明父母们很少同情其他父母 |
[10:56] | They all thought that they could do a better job. | 他们都认为自己可以做的更好 |
[10:59] | So, the best jurors for us have been grandparents? | 所以 对我们来说最好的陪审员是祖父母们 |
[11:02] | They know they made mistakes | 他们知道他们 |
[11:03] | with their own kids. | 在自己的孩子身上犯了错误 |
[11:04] | That’s why they love grandchildren. | 这也正是他们爱自己孙子的原因 |
[11:06] | It’s their chance to get it right. | 这对他们来说是一个改正的机会 |
[11:08] | So, anyone else to look for? | 那么 还有什么我们要找的人吗 |
[11:10] | People who like structure. | 喜欢结构的人 |
[11:12] | Rigid schedule keepers. | 严格遵照时刻表的人 |
[11:13] | Ah, people who like structure | 喜欢结构的人 |
[11:14] | also like social structure. | 也会喜欢社会结构 |
[11:16] | Like adults not having sex with teenagers. | 比如成年人不和青少年上床 |
[11:19] | Now we just have to get the voir dire questions past Wendy. | 现在我们只需要让预先审查的问题通过温迪 |
[11:22] | That is her strong suit. | 那是她的强项 |
[11:24] | Actually, we’re not going to ask any questions. | 实际上 我们不会问任何问题的 |
[11:25] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[11:26] | Rigid thinkers respond to authority figures. | 思想古板的人回应权威人物 |
[11:29] | Now, who’s the biggest authoritarian figure | 那么 法庭上谁是 |
[11:31] | in that courtroom? | 最具权威的人物呢 |
[11:32] | – Wendy Anderson. – Exactly. | – 温迪·安德森 – 没错 |
[11:34] | So if a juror respects Ms. Anderson, | 所以如果陪审员尊重安德森女士的话 |
[11:36] | they’ll respect rules. | 他们也会尊重规则 |
[11:38] | She’ll be doing our work for us | 她会替我们完成工作 |
[11:39] | and never even know it. | 而她甚至永远也不会意识到 |
[11:44] | Speak up. I can’t hear you. | 大声点 我听不清 |
[11:45] | Yes. I did enjoy school. | 是的 我的确很喜欢学校 |
[11:47] | Thank you. Now tell me… | 谢谢 那么现在告诉我… |
[11:49] | Calvin. | 卡尔文 |
[11:50] | He likes that top button buttoned. | 他喜欢把上面的扣子扣好 |
[11:52] | Clean-cut, likes clear-cut rules. | 很整洁 喜欢明确的规则 |
[11:54] | Said “Yes” Instead of “Yeah” | 回答时用了”是的”而不是”对” |
[11:55] | – Very deferential. – No kidding. | – 非常恭敬 – 说真的 |
[11:57] | This guy won employee of the year for his perfect attendance. | 这家伙因为他完美的出勤率获得了年度雇员 |
[12:00] | Ah, but he’s young, Bull. | 但是他很年轻 布尔 |
[12:01] | You think he’ll identify with Jordan too much? | 你认为他会过于认同乔丹吗 |
[12:04] | Conservative haircut, good eye contact. This guy | 传统的发型 不错的眼神交流 |
[12:06] | wants to please his elders. | 这个家伙想要取悦他的长辈 |
[12:07] | Check his mother’s address. | 检查一下他妈妈的地址 |
[12:10] | If it’s the same as his, we’re in business. | 要是和他的名字一样 那我们就对了 |
[12:12] | We’re in business. | 我们对了 |
[12:13] | Come on, Wendy. | 快啊 温迪 |
[12:14] | Make the right choice. | 选他吧 |
[12:16] | Acceptable, Your Honor. | 通过审查 法官大人 |
[12:17] | Ms. Davis, | 戴维斯女士 |
[12:19] | you may now pose your questions. | 你现在可以提问了 |
[12:22] | We have no questions, Your Honor. | 我们没有问题 法官大人 |
[12:23] | We accept this juror. | 我们接受这位陪审员 |
[12:25] | No questions? | 没有问题 |
[12:27] | no… ma’am. | 没有… 夫人 |
[12:30] | You cooked up this plan just | 你计划好了 |
[12:33] | to rattle Wendy, didn’t you? | 要让温迪紧张 是吧 |
[12:35] | Well, just some rainbow sprinkles | 那不过是给我们的巧克力圣代上 |
[12:36] | on our little chocolate sundae. | 点缀些糖屑 |
[12:38] | Gregory. No. Brian. | 格雷戈里 不对 布莱恩 |
[12:41] | – No. Philip, maybe. – Courtney’s | – 不对 也许是菲利普 – 考特尼 |
[12:42] | not gonna buy into Wendy’s true love narrative. | 不会被温迪的真爱故事打动 |
[12:44] | That’s for sure. | 这是肯定的 |
[12:46] | She can’t even remember her first love. | 她连自己的初恋都记不住了 |
[12:47] | Wendy’s gonna strike her. | 温迪不会选她的 |
[12:49] | Yeah, well, too bad for us. According to her profile, | 那是我们的不幸 从她的资料来看 |
[12:50] | – she’d be great. – Hey, we’re dodging a bullet. | – 她是上佳人选 – 我们是躲过了一劫 |
[12:53] | She won’t get the long-term damage Susan has caused Jordan. | 她不会理解苏珊对乔丹造成了什么深远的伤害 |
[12:55] | We move to strike, | 申请排除这位陪审员 |
[12:56] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[12:57] | More sprinkles for us. | 又加了些色彩 |
[12:58] | Okay, speed round. | 好 开始加速 |
[13:00] | Dennis… ponytail, T-shirt, lack of eye contact. | 丹尼斯… 马尾辫 体恤衫 缺少目光接触 |
[13:04] | He’s never created a folder in his inbox, | 从没在电子邮箱里建立新文件夹 |
[13:06] | and he’s never used a calendar app on his smart phone. | 从没在智能手机上用过日历应用 |
[13:08] | No structure. He’s out. Next up. | 没有思维体系 他出局了 下一位 |
[13:10] | Simone… formal language, | 西蒙妮… 讲话用书面语 |
[13:13] | faces toward the judge. Clearly | 面向法官 显然 |
[13:15] | respects authority. She is in. | 她尊重权威 她入选了 |
[13:17] | And then we have Edward. | 然后是爱德华 |
[13:18] | Hello, Edward. Not Ed, not Eddie. | 你好 爱德华 不是艾德 不是艾迪 |
[13:22] | This is Edward. | 是爱德华 |
[13:23] | Ooh, he sings in the church choir. | 他在教堂唱诗班 |
[13:24] | Straight and narrow. | 中规中矩 |
[13:26] | Sing us your song, Edward. | 为我们唱诗吧 爱德华 |
[13:28] | And Mr. Virtuous is in. | 正直先生入选了 |
[13:29] | Okay, next up… Noreen. | 好的 下一位是… 诺琳 |
[13:31] | Retired school teacher. | 退休教师 |
[13:33] | Second grade. | 教二年级 |
[13:34] | Self-professed “Glam-ma.” | 自修成才的”潮婆” |
[13:37] | Wants to look and feel young, | 想让自己显得年轻 |
[13:38] | but the grandma element… it’s alluring. | 但奶奶的因素… 很诱人 |
[13:41] | Let’s ask her a question. | 咱们问她个问题吧 |
[13:43] | Liberty? | 利伯蒂 |
[13:47] | Your Honor, if I may… | 法官大人 请求发言 |
[13:49] | Well, I thought you were letting Wendy | 你不是要让温迪 |
[13:51] | ask all the questions, Bull. | 问全部问题吗 布尔 |
[13:53] | dare to be unpredictable. | 我在即兴发挥 |
[13:54] | So, let’s say you’re at the movies, | 假设你在看电影 |
[13:57] | and you are sitting in a mostly empty row. | 你坐在最空的一排 |
[14:00] | What would you think if someone came and sat right next to you? | 如果有人走过来坐在你旁边 你会有什么想法 |
[14:02] | I would think “Weird,” and maybe “stalker.” | 我会想到”怪人” 甚至”跟踪狂” |
[14:06] | – I like her. – Unless, | – 我喜欢她 – 除非 |
[14:07] | you know, he’s hot and making a move. | 他很帅而且主动搭讪 |
[14:10] | Grandmother who’s happy to be here, | 一个乐于来此的奶奶 |
[14:11] | respects personal space. | 尊重私人空间 |
[14:13] | She has a sense of humor, | 她有幽默感 |
[14:14] | which means she has a sense of perspective. | 说明她对事物有看法 |
[14:16] | She’s gonna want to help Jordan’s parents, | 她会想帮助乔丹的父母 |
[14:18] | not judge them. | 而不是批判他们 |
[14:19] | Welcome to the jury, Glammy. | 欢迎加入陪审团 潮婆 |
[14:22] | We find this juror acceptable, Your Honor. | 我们接受这位陪审员 法官大人 |
[14:25] | Do you have something to say, | 你有什么想说的吗 |
[14:28] | or would you just like to wait for me to say something, | 还是想等我先说 |
[14:31] | then respond yes or no? | 然后回复是或否 |
[14:32] | Sometimes I like to observe. | 有时候我喜欢观察 |
[14:34] | For instance, how a panicked husband | 比如 一位乱了阵脚的丈夫 |
[14:36] | handles confronting his wife’s lawyer. | 如何面对他妻子的律师 |
[14:38] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[14:39] | You’re Wendy Anderson, right? | 你是温迪·安德森吧 |
[14:41] | I-I need to see my wife. | 我要见我妻子 |
[14:44] | Mr. Bryant, I understand that your situation is | 布莱恩特先生 我理解您现在的 |
[14:46] | – complicated. – No, it’s not. It’s not complicated. | – 复杂处境 – 不 没什么复杂的 |
[14:49] | She got mixed up with this kid, and | 她跟这孩子都迷失了 |
[14:50] | I just feel like if we could talk, we could work it out. | 我觉得只要我们可以谈谈 就能解决问题 |
[14:53] | But I just got this text from her saying that I can | 但我刚收到她的短信 |
[14:55] | only talk to you, so, can you help me? | 说我只可以和你谈 你能帮帮我吗 |
[14:57] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:01] | I don’t think she’s sorry. | 我认为她不觉得抱歉 |
[15:04] | Aren’t you Jordan’s lawyer? | 你不是乔丹的律师吗 |
[15:05] | Ooh! I am many things. | 我的身份很多 |
[15:07] | A lawyer is not one of them. | 唯独不是律师 |
[15:08] | I’m a psychologist. I help with trials. | 我是心理学家 我帮忙打官司 |
[15:11] | Right now, I’m trying | 现在 我在帮 |
[15:12] | to help Jordan’s parents get their son back. | 乔丹的父母夺回他们的儿子 |
[15:16] | I need to see my wife. | 我得见见我妻子 |
[15:18] | I feel like if I could just talk to her about this… | 我觉得如果能跟她谈谈这事… |
[15:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:21] | – Sorry. Just… – Don’t be. | – 对不起 我… – 没关系 |
[15:24] | Jeffrey… | 杰弗里 |
[15:26] | I can bring her back to you. | 我可以让她回到你身边 |
[15:28] | I think the question you have to ask yourself is, | 我认为你需要问自己的问题是 |
[15:32] | do you want her back? | 你想要她回来吗 |
[15:36] | I’m Dr. Jason Bull. | 我是杰森·布尔博士 |
[15:44] | Four of our six jurors respect social norms. | 我们的六位陪审员中 有四位尊重道德准则 |
[15:47] | They can draw a sharp line between right and wrong. | 他们有鲜明的是非观 |
[15:50] | Yeah, we’re on good footing there. | 看来我们的基础很好 |
[15:52] | How about the husband? How do you think | 她丈夫怎么样 你觉得他会 |
[15:54] | – he’ll factor in? – Well, he is truly, madly, | – 起到什么作用 – 他真真切切地 |
[15:56] | deeply in love with his wife. | 深爱着他的妻子 |
[15:58] | Blind to her imperfections and | 看不到她的缺点 |
[16:00] | convinced he would be miserable without her. | 深信没有她 生活会痛苦不堪 |
[16:01] | You want to call him as a witness? | 你想让他做证人 |
[16:04] | He’s about to be a witness, all right. | 他是要作证的 |
[16:06] | Despite losing her job, Susan has not | 就算丢了工作 苏珊仍然 |
[16:08] | slowed down on her online shopping. | 不停地网购 |
[16:11] | Shoes, curtains and… | 鞋子 窗帘 还有… |
[16:13] | prenatal vitamins. | 孕妇维生素 |
[16:15] | – No. – Yes. Judging by her | – 不是吧 – 没错 从她的 |
[16:16] | purchase history, I’d say | 购买记录看 |
[16:18] | she’s about three months? | 差不多有三个月了 |
[16:20] | Susan and Jordan are having a baby. | 苏珊和乔丹要有孩子了 |
[16:23] | It’s a little | 看来 |
[16:24] | too late for a parent-teacher conference. | 开家长会是来不及了 |
[16:35] | We don’t know if it’s Jordan’s, | 我们不知道孩子是不是乔丹的 |
[16:36] | but our sources indicate | 但我们的信息显示 |
[16:37] | that Mrs. Bryant is pregnant. | 布莱恩特夫人怀孕了 |
[16:42] | – How did this happen? – How do you think? | – 怎么会这样 – 你觉得呢 |
[16:44] | Our team is all over it, | 我们团队正在全力跟进 |
[16:45] | but Dr. Bull wanted you to know | 但布尔博士想尽快知道 |
[16:47] | as soon as possible, and if you like, | 如果你们愿意 |
[16:49] | you can see him when he’s done meeting with Liberty. | 等他跟利伯蒂结束会议后就可以见他 |
[16:50] | What do you suggest we do? | 你建议我们怎么做 |
[16:51] | I assume she’s planning on having it. | 我猜她会想把孩子生下来 |
[16:53] | Dr. Bull thinks | 布尔博士认为 |
[16:54] | this pregnancy could help us at trial. | 怀孕的事对我们有利 |
[16:57] | – Help? – If Susan is more than | – 有利 – 如果苏珊怀孕 |
[16:58] | three months pregnant, | 超过三个月 |
[16:59] | it means that she and your son had sex | 那说明她和你儿子发生性行为时 |
[17:01] | before he turned 17. | 他还不满十七岁 |
[17:03] | – More good news. – But that’s | – 又是好消息 – 那构成 |
[17:04] | statutory rape. | 法定强奸罪 |
[17:06] | We present this in court… | 我们在法庭上提出来… |
[17:09] | you get your son back. | 就能要回你们的儿子 |
[17:15] | Hey, you with the camera… | 拿摄像机那个… |
[17:18] | Hello, boss. So far, nothing to report with Juror Edward. | 老板好 目前为止爱德华陪审员没有异常 |
[17:21] | Just disapproving glares at the awkward PDA. | 只不过对别人秀恩爱白了几眼 |
[17:24] | Not appropriate. | 不合适吗 |
[17:26] | Otherwise, nothing untoward. | 除此之外 没什么异常 |
[17:28] | How about snowboarding this weekend? | 这周去滑雪怎么样 |
[17:30] | I got to work, but you can come over tonight. | 我要去工作了 不过你可以今晚过来 |
[17:34] | Uh-uh. | 别了 |
[17:36] | Keep an eye on Edward. | 继续监视爱德华 |
[17:39] | Dr. Shepard, as a professor | 谢泼德博士 |
[17:40] | of neuroscience at Johns Hopkins, | 您作为约翰·霍普金斯大学神经科学的教授 |
[17:43] | can you please explain to us | 能够向我们解释一下 |
[17:44] | what is going on in Jordan’s head? | 乔丹的大脑是如何活动的吗 |
[17:46] | Oh. Excuse me just a second. | 哦 耽误大家几秒钟 |
[17:49] | Forgot my brain. | 我太健忘了 |
[17:54] | A teenager’s prefrontal cortex continues to develop | 青少年的前额叶皮层 |
[17:59] | until around the age 25. | 会一直发育到二十五岁 |
[18:01] | Which makes it very hard to keep the arousal | 所以 控制性欲对他们来说 |
[18:04] | system in check. That, plus | 非常困难 |
[18:06] | an overload of testosterone, | 再加上睾酮的分泌多度 |
[18:09] | and you’ve got sex on the brain. | 你的大脑就会产生性欲 |
[18:12] | So is it fair | 那么 |
[18:14] | to say that Jordan | 我们可以说 |
[18:15] | could be easily influenced, he could be easily seduced | 其实是乔丹很容易受影响 容易被勾引 |
[18:19] | because he is highly sexualized, and he is not yet able | 因为他性欲很强 |
[18:24] | to fully make adult decisions? | 并且还不能做出成熟的决定 |
[18:26] | Just think how sex | 试想一下 |
[18:27] | can cloud an adult’s judgment. | 性欲是如何模糊一个成年人的判断 |
[18:34] | In a strict household, the prospect of continual sex | 在严格的家庭中成长的青少年 |
[18:38] | with a beautiful woman would be very hard | 是难以拒绝与性感熟女 |
[18:41] | for a teenager to refuse. | 发展长期床伴关系的 |
[18:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:44] | So Edward, Noreen and Simone are fully engaged. | 这样一来爱德华·诺琳和西蒙妮都上钩了 |
[18:48] | They are gonna trust what Shepard says on the stand. | 他们都信了谢泼德在法庭上说的话 |
[18:50] | Or they’re zombies and just like brains. | 或者他们他们是只相信大脑的僵尸 |
[18:53] | So how do you know Dr. Shepard? | 你怎么认识谢泼德博士的 |
[18:56] | He taught my Sexual Disorders seminar in grad school. | 他在研究所教过我性疾病 |
[18:59] | No, we never dated. | 没有 我们没有约会过 |
[19:01] | Did you actually perform an MRI | 你对乔丹·亨德森的大脑 |
[19:04] | on Jordan Henderson’s brain? | 做过磁共振成像吗 |
[19:06] | – No. – You haven’t | – 没 – 你根本就没有 |
[19:08] | examined Mr. Henderson at all, then, have you, Doctor? | 检验过亨德森先生的大脑 是吗 博士 |
[19:12] | Isn’t it true | 每个人的发展程度 |
[19:14] | every person develops differently? | 是不尽相同的 是这样吧 |
[19:16] | Objection. Compound. | 反对 问题不明 |
[19:17] | Fine. I’ll put it another way. | 好 我换个方式 |
[19:20] | Isn’t it possible that you can’t | 你无法准确的 |
[19:22] | accurately predict | 预测出 |
[19:23] | exactly how developed | 亨德森先生的大脑的发展程度 |
[19:25] | Mr. Henderson’s brain really is? | 有这个可能吗 |
[19:27] | Well, no, not exactly, but it’s | 不 不确定 不过 |
[19:30] | – highly unlikely that… – Thank you. | – 不大可能 – 谢谢 |
[19:32] | No further questions, Doctor. | 没问题了 博士 |
[19:33] | And don’t forget your brain. | 别再健忘了哦 |
[19:37] | No, we’re losing Noreen and Simone. | 不 我们正在失去诺琳和西蒙妮 |
[19:39] | And there goes Calvin. | 下一个就是卡尔文了 |
[19:40] | Three jurors firmly against us now. | 三个陪审员现在坚定地反对我们了 |
[19:42] | Nobody panic. | 没有人慌乱 |
[19:44] | Our Dr. Strand | 我们的斯特兰德博士 |
[19:45] | is gonna sully Susan Bryant’s image | 将要玷污苏珊·布莱恩特的形象了 |
[19:47] | just a little bit. | 玷污一点点而已 |
[19:48] | Dr. Strand, given your expertise in behavioral sciences, | 斯特兰德博士 拿出你行为科学的专业知识 |
[19:53] | what can you tell us psychologically | 你能从心理学上 |
[19:55] | about Mrs. Bryant and her so-called | 分析一下布莱恩特女士和乔丹之间 |
[19:57] | relationship with Jordan? | 所谓的关系吗 |
[19:58] | Mrs. Bryant | 布莱恩特女士 |
[19:59] | suffers from regression. | 遭受了衰退期 |
[20:01] | She feels safer with someone | 她跟比他社会地位较低的人 |
[20:03] | lower on the social scale, | 在一起会更有安全感 |
[20:05] | someone like a teenager. | 比如青少年 |
[20:06] | It’s called relating down. | 这就叫衰退 |
[20:08] | So think of the wealthy CEO who dates a 25-year-old, | 试想一下和二十五岁姑娘约会的富豪总裁 |
[20:12] | or a pedophile with children… | 或喜欢孩子的恋童癖者 |
[20:14] | Objection. She’s attempting | 反对 她视图煽动 |
[20:15] | to inflame the jury. | 陪审团的情绪 |
[20:17] | Under many states’ laws, Mrs. Bryant | 在多州法律中 布莱恩特女士的行为 |
[20:18] | would be considered a sexual predator. | 会被认定为是性狩猎 |
[20:21] | Dr. Strand used the word “Pedophile.” | 斯特兰德博士使用了”恋童癖”一词 |
[20:23] | And I corrected to the word | 我来纠正这个词 |
[20:25] | – “Predator.” – Your Honor, | – 性狩猎者 – 阁下 |
[20:26] | we ask that these statements be stricken. | 我们希望这些陈述不被采纳 |
[20:28] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[20:29] | I ask that the jurors | 我要求陪审团 |
[20:31] | ignore Dr. Strand’s comparing Mrs. Bryant | 忽视斯特兰德博士将布莱恩特女士 |
[20:34] | – to a pedophile. – Thank you, | – 比作恋童癖的言论 – 谢谢 |
[20:36] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[20:37] | Nice work. | 干得漂亮 |
[20:38] | The jury just heard the word “Pedophile” Three times. | 陪审团听到”恋童癖”三次了 |
[20:40] | Someone say anchoring? The judge just threw us a bone. | 有人说了抛锚吗 法官帮我们了个大忙 |
[20:44] | Well, the mirror juror for Simone | 很好 屏幕里看得出陪审员西蒙妮 |
[20:45] | likes it, too. She respects | 也喜欢它 |
[20:46] | this judge and Strand’s authority. | 她很尊重法官和斯特兰德的权威 |
[20:48] | People engage in relationships | 人们和那些比他们年轻的人 |
[20:49] | with people that are younger than them, | 比他们有权势的人 |
[20:51] | people they have power over, | 发生关系 |
[20:53] | because it makes them feel superior, adored. | 是因为这使他们具有优越感和满足感 |
[20:55] | And so how-how would you say that this relationship | 所以这段感情会对乔丹 |
[20:58] | causes severe emotional distress for Jordan, in particular? | 造成严重的打击 不是吗 |
[21:02] | We already see the damage, in the estrangement | 我们已经看到了伤害 |
[21:04] | from his family, the codependency | 在和他父母分居期间 |
[21:06] | that’s now developing between Jordan | 乔丹和布莱恩特女士的 |
[21:08] | and Mrs. Bryant. | 感情依赖 |
[21:10] | But when this relationship dissolves, | 当这段感情结束的时候 |
[21:12] | Jordan will have a difficult time trusting anyone. | 乔丹会经历一段不信任任何人的困难期 |
[21:15] | And why-why do you say that | 你凭什么这么说 |
[21:16] | Jordan’s relationship | 乔丹和布莱恩特女士的 |
[21:17] | with Mrs. Bryant will dissolve? | 关系会结束 |
[21:19] | That’s just a given. | 那只是个假设 |
[21:20] | 95% of all relationships | 百分之九十五的关系 |
[21:22] | born out of infidelity fail. | 因为夫妻不忠的都会破裂 |
[21:25] | And that’s among adults. In a power play | 那是在成年人中 |
[21:27] | like this, | 在这种权势游戏中 |
[21:28] | when Jordan will continue to grow | 当乔丹长大 |
[21:31] | and change and mature, it’s not | 变得成熟了 |
[21:33] | a question of if, but when. | 这根本就不是假设不假设的问题 |
[21:36] | Bottom line, to engage in a relationship with someone | 和更加年轻的 |
[21:39] | so much younger, | 更不成熟的人恋爱 |
[21:40] | so much less mature, | 这个底线 |
[21:42] | that represents damage. | 代表了伤害 |
[21:43] | We’re still two jurors short. | 我们还差两位陪审员支持 |
[21:45] | Margaret and Kenny. | 格丽特和肯尼 |
[21:46] | Any progress on the timing of Susan’s pregnancy? | 苏珊怀孕的事有什么进展吗 |
[21:49] | The vitamins are the only purchase indicator I could find, | 维他命是我们发现的唯一的采购迹象 |
[21:51] | which puts it at three months. | 已经放了三个月 |
[21:53] | Susan has a doctor’s appointment later today. | 苏珊今天还要去看医生 |
[21:55] | I’m gonna go to her apartment afterward, see what I can find. | 我过会去她公寓看看能有什么发现 |
[21:58] | So you’re trying to force Jordan | 所以你是在强迫乔丹 |
[22:00] | to live the life you never had. | 去过一个你没经历的过的生活 |
[22:02] | That’s not what I said. | 我可没这么说 |
[22:04] | Look, Jordan doesn’t have a clue | 听着 乔丹根本不知道什么是真正的生活 |
[22:08] | what real life is like. And I’m glad for that. | 我很乐意为他指点 |
[22:11] | I didn’t want him to have to worry | 我不想让他为自己 |
[22:13] | about how hard it’s gonna be out there. | 未来生活的艰难而担心 |
[22:15] | But now he wants to throw away his future | 现在他想抛弃自己的未来 |
[22:16] | to live with a married woman? | 去和一个结过婚的人在一起 |
[22:18] | As a parent, you know how this is gonna turn out. | 为人父母 你明白这代表什么 |
[22:21] | And I’m gonna have to be there for him to pick up | 我不得不为他 |
[22:23] | – the pieces. – Really? Because | – 收拾烂摊子 – 真的吗 |
[22:25] | our records show that you were | 因为我们的证据显示 |
[22:26] | out of town four months of the year. | 你那年离开过这里四个月 |
[22:28] | – I travel for work. – Work. | – 我是出差了 – 工作 |
[22:30] | Hard work. Are you even around | 工作很辛苦 你觉得 |
[22:33] | enough to set an example | 你足以成为你儿子的 |
[22:34] | – for your son? – Of course I am. | – 榜样么 – 当然可以 |
[22:37] | Believe me, I had it worse. | 相信我 我经历过更糟糕的 |
[22:39] | And so do most kids. | 大部分孩子也一样 |
[22:41] | College is obviously important to you. | 毫无疑问 对你来说大学非常重要 |
[22:44] | Did you fill out Jordan’s college application? | 是你填写的乔丹的大学申请书么 |
[22:46] | He was going to miss the cutoff date. | 他那时都要错过截止日期了 |
[22:47] | Did you ever ask him, point-blank, | 你可曾尝试直接问他 |
[22:49] | “Hey, Jordan, do you want to go to Hudson?” | 嗨 乔丹 你想去哈德逊么 |
[22:51] | I didn’t ask him because, if I left it up to him, | 我没有问他 因为如果我让他自己做决定的话 |
[22:54] | he wouldn’t have applied. | 他就不会申请了 |
[22:55] | That’s what happens when I let him run his own life. | 那就是我让他支配自己生活的结果 |
[22:57] | Ah. | 哈 |
[22:59] | And that is why | 那就是 |
[23:01] | we practice. | 我们排练的原因 |
[23:02] | Did you know that he applied to City Arts? | 你知道他申请了艺校么 |
[23:05] | That he wanted to be a graphic designer? | 你知道他想成为一个平面设计师么 |
[23:06] | He’s never said he wanted to study art before. | 他之前从未说过想学习艺术 |
[23:08] | Or maybe you never asked. | 亦或是你从未过问 |
[23:10] | Objection. Is that… Is there a question here? | 反对 这是该问的问题么 |
[23:12] | Be honest. | 真诚一点 |
[23:14] | Let the jury know you care about your son | 让陪审团直到你多在乎你儿子 |
[23:16] | and you have his best interests at heart. | 和儿子在你心里位置多重要 |
[23:19] | There’s no such thing as a perfect parent. | 世上没有完美的父母 |
[23:22] | I wish… | 我希望 |
[23:24] | he would have told us. | 他能告诉我们 |
[23:26] | But ever since Mrs. Bryant has come into his life… | 但是自从布莱恩特太太进入了他的生活 |
[23:31] | we’ve lost touch. | 我们就失去了联系 |
[23:34] | A mixed bag, Bull. We picked up Margaret, | 喜忧参半 布尔 我们捡起了玛格丽特 |
[23:36] | but we are losing Calvin. | 但是我们失去了卡尔文 |
[23:38] | I mean, he lives with his mom. | 我是说 他和母亲生活在一起 |
[23:40] | Hearing Donna’s testimony made him feel | 听到唐娜的证词让他觉得 |
[23:42] | like he’s living in the Bates Motel. | 仿佛住在贝茨旅馆般 |
[23:44] | We need something big to sway them. | 我们需要使些招数改变一下 |
[23:45] | We’ve still got too many unknowns. | 我们还是有太多不了解了 |
[23:47] | Any word from Danny on the timing of the pregnancy? | 关于怀孕的时间丹尼查到什么了么 |
[23:49] | Danny is on it. She is gonna approach Susan | 丹尼正在查 她马上碰头了 |
[23:52] | after her ob-gyn appointment. | 苏珊刚和妇产科医生见完面 |
[23:54] | Hi, I am Danielle | 嗨 我是丹尼尔 |
[23:56] | with the New York City Department of Education. | 就任于纽约市教育局 |
[23:58] | I am here to review Jordan’s home school materials. | 我来这是为了检查乔丹的家教材料 |
[24:01] | – Oh. – And, um, | – 噢 – 还有 |
[24:03] | for what it’s worth, | 不管怎样 |
[24:04] | you guys seem really happy together. | 你们似乎过得很开心 |
[24:06] | Well, good timing. I just got in. | 你来得正好 我刚回来 |
[24:08] | Um, let me grab Jordan’s file for you. | 我去拿乔丹的文件给你 |
[24:19] | Yeah. | 在这了 |
[24:20] | Jordan’s very smart. | 乔丹非常聪明 |
[24:22] | His math scores are in the top ten percent. | 他的数学分数一直在排名前百分之十 |
[24:24] | Impressive. | 我印象很深刻 |
[24:26] | But I don’t see his individualized | 但是我并没有看到他的 |
[24:27] | home instruction plan. | 个性化家庭教学计划 |
[24:29] | Oh, I made some changes to it this morning. | 我今天早上做了些调整 |
[24:31] | It’s in the bedroom. I’ll go get it. | 放在卧室了 我去拿 |
[24:47] | – Here it is. – Ah. | – 给你 – 噢 |
[24:53] | Wonderful. Thank you so much for your time. | 很不错 非常感谢你于百忙之中抽出时间 |
[24:55] | And, um, | 再次 |
[24:56] | I wish you the best of luck. | 祝你好运 |
[25:02] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[25:04] | So, I saw Susan stick an envelope in her purse | 这样 我看见苏珊从医生办公室里出来后 |
[25:06] | after coming out of the doctor’s office. | 把信封放进钱包了 |
[25:07] | I had a hunch about what it was. | 我对这东西有种预感 |
[25:09] | I just sent you a photo. | 给你发张照片 |
[25:10] | Hold on. | 稍等片刻 |
[25:12] | Oh. Her ultrasound. Nice work. | 她的超声检查 干得不错 |
[25:15] | Oh, it gets better. | 还有更绝的 |
[25:16] | See the numbers at the bottom right-hand corner? | 看右下角的数字 |
[25:18] | That’s how far along she is. | 那是她这个情况的时间 |
[25:20] | 16 weeks and three days. | 十六周零三天 |
[25:21] | So she’s four months pregnant, not three. | 所以她是怀孕四个月 不是三个月 |
[25:24] | She had sex with Jordan while he was still 16. | 她是和十六岁的乔丹发生性关系 |
[25:26] | Statutory rape. | 法定强奸罪 |
[25:28] | Looks like Susan’s going to jail. | 看来苏珊要去蹲监狱了 |
[25:39] | Tell us, Susan, when did you begin to develop feelings | 告诉我们 苏珊 你从什么时候开始 |
[25:42] | for Jordan? | 对乔丹有感觉的 |
[25:43] | Jordan never spoke in class. | 乔丹从来不在课堂上发言 |
[25:44] | After a couple of weeks, | 几周后 |
[25:46] | I asked him why, and… | 我问他为什么 |
[25:48] | he said that he had been speaking to me. | 他说他一直都在通过 |
[25:51] | Through the art that he was making. | 他创造的艺术和我沟通 |
[25:53] | The more Wendy sells this romance, | 温迪越是诉说这种浪漫史 |
[25:55] | the more this jury’s gonna feel betrayed when they find out | 陪审团就越是会感到被背叛 |
[25:57] | Jordan was underage. | 一旦当他们发现乔丹是未成年时 |
[25:59] | – It’s a thing of beauty. – Well, Edward’s mirror | – 真不错 – 爱德华的监视显示 |
[26:01] | isn’t buying the romance. He’s on our side. | 他对此并不买账 他站在我们这边 |
[26:03] | I don’t know. The real Edward | 我不明白 他本人 |
[26:05] | looks like he needs a cold shower. | 看起来像是需要洗个冷水澡 |
[26:06] | – Moral Code Edward? Are you sure? – Yeah. | – 道德模范爱德华 你确定么 – 是的 |
[26:09] | He’s hot for teacher. | 他完全被老师迷住了 |
[26:10] | Have Cable track down his last few days. | 凯博这两天有调查过他吗 |
[26:13] | No way he’s as virtuous as he came across. | 他是那么的善良 |
[26:15] | …he drew a breathtaking sketch of the Brooklyn Bridge. | 他画了一幅令人叹为观止的布鲁克林大桥素描 |
[26:19] | And, somehow, | 很奇妙地 |
[26:21] | he knew to draw it from exactly my favorite spot. | 他会勾勒出我最喜欢的地方 |
[26:23] | And after that, we just got to talking. | 之后 我们就开始聊天 |
[26:27] | And it became clear how he felt about me. | 他对我的感觉也渐渐清晰 |
[26:30] | Ah, Wendy’s brought a little show-and-tell. | 温迪带了一幅画 |
[26:32] | So, a student with a crush. | 一个暗恋的学生 |
[26:34] | Sounds kind of dicey. | 这念头听起来有点危险 |
[26:36] | Why not transfer him | 为什么不把他 |
[26:37] | to a new class? | 换到一个新班级呢 |
[26:39] | I did not want to turn my back | 我没有想过 |
[26:41] | on Jordan. | 拒绝乔丹 |
[26:42] | Like his parents had. | 不会像他父母那样 |
[26:44] | But pretty soon I realized that I was lying to myself | 但不久之后我意识到我欺骗了我自己 |
[26:48] | and that I loved Jordan. | 我爱乔丹 |
[26:51] | After that, it was just a matter of time, | 这仅仅是时间问题 |
[26:55] | waiting till after he turned 17 | 等到他十七岁 |
[26:57] | to express that love. | 就能光明正大示爱了 |
[26:58] | Heart rates up, eye focus softening. | 心率加快 视线软化 |
[27:01] | The jury ate her testimony up. | 陪审团相信了她的证词 |
[27:03] | Right where we want ’em. | 这就是我们想要的效果 |
[27:05] | I love a surprise party. | 我喜欢惊喜派对 |
[27:06] | Mrs. Bryant, you said | 布莱恩特太太 你说 |
[27:08] | you didn’t become sexually involved with Jordan until | 你没有和乔丹发生性关系 |
[27:10] | after he turned 17. | 在他十七岁之前 |
[27:12] | – Three months ago, correct? – Yes. | – 三个月之前 对吗 – 是的 |
[27:15] | Then how do you explain the fact | 那你如何解释 |
[27:17] | that you’re four months pregnant? | 你已有四个月身孕的事实 |
[27:21] | Does your silence mean you don’t remember? | 保持沉默意味着你忘记了 |
[27:25] | Or does it prove | 或是证明 |
[27:26] | that you had sex with Jordan | 你和乔丹发生性关系的时候 |
[27:28] | when he was 16 years old | 他只有十六岁 |
[27:30] | and you are guilty of statutory rape? | 并且你对于法定强奸罪感到悔恨 |
[27:32] | Ugh. Susan needs to be kept far from boys. | 苏珊需要同男孩们和我丈夫 |
[27:35] | And my husband. | 保持距离 |
[27:37] | I’m emotionally distressed just listening to her. | 听她说话我就会感到很烦 |
[27:41] | I wish she’d keep me after school. | 我希望她放学后会留下我 |
[27:42] | I swear | 我发誓 |
[27:44] | that I did not have sex with Jordan | 我没有和乔丹发生性关系 |
[27:46] | until after he was 17. | 在他十七岁之前 |
[27:48] | But you-you are pregnant. | 但你已怀有身孕 |
[27:49] | Well, was it an immaculate conception? | 难不成是圣灵感孕吗 |
[27:56] | It’s not Jordan’s baby. | 这不是乔丹的孩子 |
[28:05] | Order. Order. | 肃静 肃静 |
[28:06] | I will clear this courtroom. | 不然我得清场了 |
[28:10] | Jeffrey is the father. | 孩子他爸是杰弗里 |
[28:12] | My ex. | 是我前夫 |
[28:14] | I don’t like this surprise party. | 真是骇人听闻 |
[28:15] | Jeffrey can’t be the father. | 杰弗里不可能是孩子的爸爸 |
[28:16] | He was out of town in the right timeframe. | 孩子怀上的时候他不在城里 |
[28:18] | – Flew to D.C. On business. – Or… | – 他飞去华盛顿办事了 – 或者 |
[28:21] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[28:22] | He went to Philly for a night. | 他有晚去了费城 |
[28:24] | It’s only a couple hours outside New York. | 离纽约也就几小时的路程 |
[28:26] | Check Susan’s travel. See if she was out of town. | 检查苏珊的过往行程 看看她有没有出过城 |
[28:30] | Credit card gas receipt outside Philadelphia. | 有费城郊区的信用卡加油记录 |
[28:33] | Jeffrey’s lost it. | 杰弗里无话可说了 |
[28:35] | But Jordan… | 不过乔丹 |
[28:38] | Oh, no. | 噢 不 |
[28:41] | Susan told me she was pregnant. | 苏珊告诉我她怀孕了 |
[28:42] | She and her husband had tried | 他们夫妻俩曾试过 |
[28:45] | to make their relationship work one last time. | 最后一次点燃爱情之火 |
[28:47] | How did that make you feel? | 那你是怎么想的呢 |
[28:48] | Scared. | 我害怕 |
[28:49] | We had only been together for a few weeks. | 我们在一起才几个星期 |
[28:52] | But then I thought about how much I loved her. | 但后来 我又考虑到我有多么爱她 |
[28:56] | I could raise the kid | 我可以当孩子的爸爸 |
[28:57] | as the father. And since | 把它养大 而且 |
[28:59] | her husband couldn’t make her happy, | 他的丈夫无法取悦她 |
[29:01] | – maybe I could. – What would you say | – 没准我可以 – 你会对那些 |
[29:03] | to those who think that you’re making a mistake? | 认为你做的一切都是错的人说什么 |
[29:07] | Mom, Dad, | 爸 妈 |
[29:09] | Susan makes me happy. | 苏珊让我很快乐 |
[29:11] | And I think I deserve that, | 别人有的任何非议 |
[29:14] | no matter what anybody says. | 对我来说都是值得的 |
[29:15] | No further questions. | 别再问了 |
[29:18] | You’ve given up football, | 你放弃了美式足球 |
[29:20] | Hudson U. And is it not true | 放弃了哈德逊大学 你还不是 |
[29:23] | that you recently turned down an acceptance to City Arts College? | 最近放弃了艺校的录取资格吗 |
[29:27] | I have to take care of Susan and the baby. | 我必须照顾苏珊和她的孩子 |
[29:29] | – I’ll get a job. – A job | – 我会找工作 – 一个 |
[29:31] | that only requires a high school diploma, right? | 只要求高中毕业的工作 对吗 |
[29:33] | So you can raise a baby | 所以你就可以养一个 |
[29:35] | – that’s not even yours? – That baby will be mine. | – 完全不是你的孩子吗 – 孩子会是我的 |
[29:38] | I’ll raise it like it’s my own. | 我会视如己出 |
[29:42] | I did not see this coming. | 我没料到会是这样 |
[29:44] | Let’s dig into Edward. | 我们再调查下爱德华 |
[29:45] | His profile says he’s with us, | 虽然他的资料显示他站在我们这边 |
[29:47] | but I think we may be wrong about him. | 不过我觉得我们可能错了 |
[29:51] | You were right about Edward. | 你确实没猜错 |
[29:53] | Cable tracked his last few days. | 通信公司有他近几天的通话记录 |
[29:54] | I will give you one guess where he went after Mass last night. | 我会试着告诉你 他弥撒之后去了哪里 |
[29:58] | Well, if I only have one guess, I’m going with BDSM. | 如果我只有一次猜的机会 我想是去BDSM了 |
[30:01] | I don’t want to know how you knew that. | 别告诉我你是怎么知道的 |
[30:03] | Yes, he was at a sadomasochism club until 3:00. | 是的 他在一个SM俱乐部一直呆到凌晨三点 |
[30:06] | So much for our beacon of morality. | 我们的道德模范就这样去了 |
[30:08] | Edward’s a classic reaction formation. | 爱德华是一个典型的反向人 |
[30:10] | He gets excited when a repressed wish is expressed. | 如果他无法实现的愿望被实现了 它会很高兴 |
[30:12] | So he might say Susan and Jordan | 所以 他可能会诅咒苏珊和乔丹 |
[30:15] | should burn in hell. | 说他们不得好死 |
[30:17] | But secretly wants to be Jordan. | 但暗中想变成乔丹 |
[30:18] | He’s our wild card. | 他是我们的不定因素 |
[30:20] | We need a new strategy | 现在我们不能指望他了 |
[30:21] | now that we can’t count on him. | 我们需要一个新的策略 |
[30:23] | Also, see if Cable’s had any luck | 还有 看看通信公司那有没有 |
[30:25] | with Susan’s family. | 关于苏珊一家的新消息 |
[30:27] | Might be a way in there. | 没准能帮我们找到答案 |
[30:29] | Hey. You good at breaking up fights? | 嘿 你擅长调停打架吗 |
[30:31] | I’m better at it with helmet and pads on. | 如果穿上头盔和护具 我会做得更好的 |
[30:33] | Well, suit up, ’cause I think we’re about to have one. | 快准备好 我觉得我们快要撞上了 |
[30:36] | – That’s my child. – You serious, man? | – 那是我的孩子 – 你是认真的吗 大哥 |
[30:38] | You think you can raise my child? | 你觉得你能养我的孩子吗 |
[30:39] | – We’re still married! – You want some more? | – 我们还结着婚呢 – 你还要打吗 |
[30:40] | I’ll take you down! | 我会把你干倒在地上 |
[30:41] | Calm down! Calm down! | 冷静 冷静 |
[30:43] | You want to be a man, right? | 你想当个男人 对吗 |
[30:44] | – Right? – Yeah. Yeah. | – 对吗 – 嗯 是的 |
[30:45] | How about you try | 你要不要试试 |
[30:46] | being the bigger man? | 当个真正的大人 |
[30:51] | You’re supposed to be the… | 你本应是 |
[30:53] | calm in the storm. | 飓风中平静的风眼啊 |
[30:55] | She has my child. | 我的孩子在她那儿 |
[30:56] | She thinks the two of them are gonna raise it? | 她觉得就他们两个能把它养大吗 |
[30:58] | I’m gonna get full custody, you hear me? | 我得要唯一抚养权 你听到了吗 |
[30:59] | You’re never gonna see that baby, I promise you. | 我保证你以后也看不见那个孩子 |
[31:04] | Well, now he’s the storm in the calm. | 现在他是飓风眼里面的飓风了 |
[31:06] | And Wendy is explaining | 迪也解释说 |
[31:07] | that he has a good shot at getting custody. | 他有大几率会取得孩子的抚养权 |
[31:09] | And she’s not gonna take that case pro bono. | 她也不会无偿做那个案子 |
[31:12] | They are on their own. | 他们得靠自己了 |
[31:14] | Jordan’s never been under this kind of pressure. | 乔丹 从未受过如此大的压力 |
[31:16] | What did Romeo and Juliet do when overwhelming forces | 当大众一致威胁要拆散罗密欧和朱丽叶的时候 |
[31:18] | threatened to tear them apart? | 他们是怎么做的 |
[31:21] | – They killed themselves. – Before that. | – 他们自尽了 – 在这之前呢 |
[31:25] | They ran. | 他们跑了 |
[31:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:27] | Danny, let’s keep an eye on Jordan and Susan. | 丹尼 我们得看着他们俩 |
[31:30] | I have a feeling they’re about to take a little trip. | 我觉得他们可能要幽会了 |
[31:35] | You know, it’s hard to find a guy I can talk to, | 你知道 我想找一个能说上话的男人不容易 |
[31:38] | loves UFC, gives me space. | 热爱格斗 也给我个人空间 |
[31:41] | Gabe does that. | 加布就是这样的 |
[31:42] | But listening to the testimony in this case, | 不过 听了这案子的证词 |
[31:46] | I never thought I was dating down. | 我从未想过我会摊上这么一个渣男 |
[31:48] | Oh. That’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[31:50] | Gabe’s an adult, isn’t he? | 加布是成年人 不是吗 |
[31:52] | Yeah. But… | 嗯 不过 |
[31:54] | I hired him. | 我雇佣了他 |
[31:56] | Freelance. | 他是自由职业者 |
[31:57] | You don’t own him… | 你与他并没有雇佣关系… |
[31:58] | I don’t think, do you? | 我不这么认为 你觉得呢 |
[31:59] | – No. – Oh, good. | – 是的 – 噢 好的 |
[32:01] | But I’m clearly in a position of power over him, | 但我明显有管他的权利 |
[32:03] | and he’s young. | 他也还年轻 |
[32:05] | I know who I am, what I like, | 我知道我是谁 我喜欢什么人 |
[32:07] | but when I was Gabe’s age, I was still figuring it out. | 但我像加布这么大的时候 我还没想清楚 |
[32:10] | Danny, he’s a talented photographer… | 丹尼 他是个优秀的摄影师… |
[32:12] | and he knows what he wants… He’s figured that out. | 他也知道他要些什么… 他已经想明白了 |
[32:15] | Yeah. And the way he looks at me… | 并且 我喜欢他的其中一点 |
[32:18] | that’s one of the things I love about him. | 就是他看我时的眼神 |
[32:20] | Hmm… Sounds like he admires you. | 听起来他很仰慕你啊 |
[32:24] | I think the question is: “Do you admire him?” | 问题是 你仰慕他吗 |
[32:30] | Ah. | 就是这样的 |
[32:32] | How did you know Susan | 你是怎么知道 |
[32:34] | would pull up to a diner in New Jersey? | 苏珊会去新泽西的一家路边餐馆的 |
[32:36] | Magic. | 神仙托梦了 |
[32:38] | And her sister lives in Trenton. | 她姐姐住在特伦顿 |
[32:40] | She stops here every time she visits. | 她每次去她姐姐那儿的时候都会在这停下来 |
[32:45] | Are you sure we’ll be okay? | 你确定我们没问题吗 |
[32:46] | We’re gonna figure this out. | 我们会找到办法的 |
[32:47] | – I mean… – Okay? | – 我的意思是… – 好吗 |
[32:52] | Welcome to the Garden State. | 欢迎来到情归新泽西 |
[32:55] | I am calling my lawyer. | 我要打给我的律师 |
[32:56] | Good. Then Danny can call the police. | 好的 丹尼也可以叫警察了 |
[32:59] | There’s a federal law called the Mann Act… makes it a felony | 联邦法律中有个麦恩法案 里面指明 |
[33:02] | to transport a minor across state lines | 以从事性行为的意图 |
[33:04] | with the intent to engage in sex. | 把未成年人带出州界是重罪 |
[33:06] | Susan, it’s time | 苏珊 是时候 |
[33:09] | you and I had a little chat. | 让我和你聊一聊了 |
[33:27] | Federal prison’s a lot worse than a conversation with me. | 联邦监狱可比与我的对话糟糕多了 |
[33:30] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[33:34] | He’s a good kid. | 他是一个好小伙 |
[33:36] | He is more than just a kid. | 他不只是一个小伙子 |
[33:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:40] | I think Jordan… | 我认为乔丹… |
[33:41] | is a Balcony Person. | 属于阳台人 |
[33:45] | What? | 什么 |
[33:46] | Well, a Balcony Person is someone who sits | 阳台人就是 |
[33:49] | in the theater of your life, | 坐在你人生剧场中央的人 |
[33:51] | adoring you, admiring you, | 崇拜你 赞赏你 |
[33:53] | cheering you on, and Jordan is that for you. | 为你加油的人 乔丹对你来说就是这样的人 |
[33:57] | Only… now he’s lost his balcony people… | 只是 他现在失去了他自己的阳台人… |
[34:01] | His parents, | 他的父母 |
[34:02] | the ones cheering him on, | 会为他加油 |
[34:04] | the ones filling out his college applications, and… | 会帮他填大学申请表的人 并且… |
[34:08] | …Jordan needs that. | … 乔丹也需要他们 |
[34:10] | Doesn’t everyone need that? | 每个人不都需要这样的人吗 |
[34:12] | Sure. | 的确 |
[34:15] | But some people never had it growing up, so they have | 但有些人在成长过程中并没有这样的人 所以 |
[34:17] | this insatiable need to | 当他们长大之后 |
[34:18] | fill their balcony as grown-ups. | 会贪婪的想填补他们阳台的空隙 |
[34:21] | I looked at your phone records… You haven’t talked to your dad | 我查过你的通话记录… 你已经有十年 |
[34:23] | in ten years. | 没有跟你父亲通话了 |
[34:24] | He lives a long way away. | 他住在离我非常远的地方 |
[34:26] | He’s not a bad man, | 从我了解到的信息来看 |
[34:27] | from what I understand. Is he? | 他并不是坏人 是吗 |
[34:30] | But when he married your stepmother | 但当他和你的继母结婚以后 |
[34:32] | and his focus shifted to her and her children… | 他的注意力转移到她和她的孩子身上了… |
[34:36] | you felt like he left your balcony, didn’t you? | 你感觉到他离开了你的阳台 不是吗 |
[34:39] | I saw the way | 我看到了 |
[34:41] | you looked at the wall | 当斯特兰德博士开始讲 |
[34:43] | when Dr. Strand started talking | 跟比自己小的人交往的时候 |
[34:44] | about dating down. | 你的目光转向了墙壁 |
[34:46] | You wanted to escape. | 你想逃走 |
[34:48] | ‘Cause you know the man you need, | 因为你知道你需要的男人 |
[34:49] | the men that you’ve needed, | 你曾需要过的男人 |
[34:51] | they have to adore you, put you on a pedestal. | 他们必须得崇拜你 把你供在神台之上 |
[34:53] | But they’ll never be enough. | 但他们永远达不到你的标准 |
[34:56] | Even your husband Jeffrey wasn’t enough, was he? | 甚至你的丈夫杰弗里也达不到 是吗 |
[34:59] | So you found a young man, this boy, | 所以你找了一个年轻男人 这个男孩 |
[35:02] | and he didn’t just adore you, he… | 他不仅仅是崇拜你 他… |
[35:05] | outright worshipped you. | 彻彻底底地敬仰你 |
[35:07] | So much that he was willing to give up going to college, | 他对你太过崇拜 甚至愿意为了你放弃读大学 |
[35:10] | and raise a child with you that… | 愿意帮你抚养孩子… |
[35:12] | that wasn’t even his. | 甚至不是他自己亲生的 |
[35:13] | Is that fair of you to ask a 17-year-old boy? | 你觉得对一个十七岁的男孩要求这些 公平吗 |
[35:17] | You’re gonna be a mother. | 你即将成为一名母亲 |
[35:19] | – Okay? – Oh… | – 好吗 – 噢 |
[35:21] | And that child is gonna | 这个孩子会 |
[35:23] | adore you… | 崇拜你… |
[35:24] | and love you. | 会爱你 |
[35:26] | And you will get to be | 你也会成为 |
[35:28] | his or her Balcony Person. | 他或者她的阳台人 |
[35:31] | I, uh… | 我… |
[35:33] | I’m not very good… | 我不太擅长… |
[35:35] | at being alone. | 孤单一人 |
[35:38] | You do have a husband. | 你还有个丈夫 |
[35:39] | – Oh. – Listen… | – 噢 – 听着… |
[35:43] | This is a woman who’s a friend of mine. | 这位女士是我的一个朋友 |
[35:46] | She’s very nice. | 她人很好 |
[35:48] | You should make an appointment. | 你跟她约个时间谈谈吧 |
[35:52] | A shrink. | 一位精神病学家 |
[35:54] | You should make an appointment. | 你跟她约个时间谈谈吧 |
[35:56] | Oh, God, what have I done? | 上帝 我都做了些什么 |
[36:02] | Dr. Bull… | 布尔博士… |
[36:04] | do you think that there is such a thing as true love? | 你相信世界上有真爱吗 |
[36:10] | I do. | 我相信 |
[36:11] | But this isn’t it. | 但这不是真爱 |
[36:23] | Jordan. | 乔丹 |
[36:25] | Susan has something she’d like to say. | 苏珊有话想跟你说 |
[36:28] | Jordan… | 乔丹… |
[36:30] | I… | 我… |
[36:32] | got so caught up | 太忙于 |
[36:34] | trying to run away from my… | 想要逃离我… |
[36:37] | old life | 过去的生活 |
[36:39] | that I didn’t fully | 我没有认真的 |
[36:41] | – think it through. – Susan… | – 把事情想清楚 – 苏珊… |
[36:43] | No, just-just listen, okay? | 别说话 就听我说 好吗 |
[36:45] | I… | 我… |
[36:49] | I hurt you. | 我伤害了你 |
[36:51] | – No. No, you didn’t. – I did. | – 不 你没有 – 我有 |
[36:54] | I did. | 我的确伤害了你 |
[36:55] | And… | 并且… |
[36:57] | and this is not right. | 这样做是不对的 |
[37:00] | And you know that, and I know that. | 你心里明白的 其实我也明白 |
[37:03] | And I… | 我… |
[37:05] | am truly, truly sorry. | 我真的非常 非常抱歉 |
[37:08] | Susan… n-no. | 苏珊… 不 |
[37:11] | I-I love you. | 我爱你 |
[37:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:15] | Jordan… | 乔丹… |
[37:17] | it’s over. | 都结束了 |
[37:19] | Please forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[37:21] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[37:25] | No. No. Susan! | 不 不 苏珊 |
[37:26] | – Susan! – Come on. Let her go. | – 苏珊 – 好了 让她走吧 |
[37:28] | You did this. | 都是你干的 |
[37:30] | What did you say to her? | 你跟她说了什么 |
[37:31] | It’s what she realized. | 是她自己意识到的 |
[37:33] | She was using you to make herself feel special. | 她利用你让自己感觉到特别 |
[37:35] | But it never would have been enough. | 但这还远远不够 |
[37:37] | Teaching wasn’t enough. Her husband wasn’t enough. | 教书不够 她丈夫不够 |
[37:40] | Nothing… would have ever been enough. | 没有什么… 能满足她 |
[37:44] | Not for her. And it wasn’t love. | 对她来讲这些都不够 而且这不是爱情 |
[37:47] | As much as it may have felt like it. | 不管它感觉有多么像 |
[37:49] | She needs help. | 她需要帮助 |
[37:53] | You’ll feel this way again, | 你以后还会有爱情的 |
[37:55] | with someone else… | 跟别的人… |
[37:57] | for the right reasons. | 用对的方式 |
[37:59] | Dr. Bull, I… | 尔博士 我… |
[38:02] | Hey. | 没事 |
[38:03] | I’ve been there. | 我也经历过的 |
[38:15] | What if they don’t listen? | 万一他们不肯听呢 |
[38:17] | I can’t promise they will… | 我不能保证他们会听… |
[38:18] | But I know for a fact | 但我知道一个事实 |
[38:19] | they won’t listen if you don’t talk to them. | 如果你不跟他们说话 他们肯定不会听 |
[38:24] | But what I said on the stand… | 但我在证人席上说的那些话… |
[38:26] | Just go over to them. | 朝他们走过去就行了 |
[38:28] | Let it happen. | 顺其自然 |
[38:56] | I finally figured out what you meant… | 我终于明白了你那句话的意思 |
[38:58] | “Winning the right way.” | “用正确的方式来取胜” |
[39:00] | Putting Jordan’s family back together. | 就是让乔丹一家人重新团聚 |
[39:02] | Hmm. Chunk… | 对 特朗科 |
[39:05] | why did you really quit football? | 你到底为什么放弃橄榄球 |
[39:07] | I told you. | 我告诉你了啊 |
[39:10] | I didn’t want to play anymore. | 我不想再打了 |
[39:12] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[39:13] | I was done | 我受够了 |
[39:15] | with the injuries, done with the pressure… | 受够那些伤病 受够那些压力 |
[39:18] | done with the thrill of running the ball over the line. | 受够那些带球跑过线的紧张感了 |
[39:21] | You get to a… | 当你到了… |
[39:23] | certain point, you’re ready for a new challenge. | 合适的时候 你会准备好去迎接新的挑战 |
[39:26] | I hear that. | 我明白 |
[39:28] | You try telling that to parents the day before the draft. | 你试试在选秀前一天跟你父母讲这番话 |
[39:32] | I always meant to tell her the truth. | 我一直想告诉她真相 |
[39:35] | – I just never got the chance. – Your mom, | – 我只是没有机会 – 你母亲 |
[39:37] | she was your biggest fan. | 她是你最大的粉丝 |
[39:40] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:43] | We all need one. | 我们都需要这样的人 |
[39:45] | Hey, thanks for putting me on this case. | 谢谢你让我参与这件案子 |
[39:50] | Who’s yours? | 谁是你的那个人 |
[39:52] | Who’s your biggest fan? | 谁是你最大的粉丝 |
[39:53] | Isn’t it you? | 不是你吗 |