时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | You asking me if I ever had a gun to my head? | 是否有人曾拿枪指着我的脑袋 |
[00:04] | Which time? | 你问的是哪一次 |
[00:05] | No, this never happen to me. | 不 从未发生过 |
[00:06] | It was surprising. I’d never been so calm in all my life. | 我很惊讶 我此前从未那么镇静 |
[00:09] | I threw my wallet at the guy and ran away. | 我把钱包丢给那家伙 然后逃之夭夭 |
[00:11] | I remember that it happened, | 我记得有这么回事 |
[00:12] | but I can’t tell you anything about it, | 但我没法告诉你具体情形 |
[00:14] | except I can describe the gun | 我只记得子弹 |
[00:15] | down to the scratch on the barrel. | 在枪管里摩擦的声音 |
[00:17] | Gun to your head, what would you do? | 有人用枪指着你 你会怎么做 |
[00:19] | Kept hearing those words. | 注意听持枪者的话 |
[00:21] | I thought it was a great opportunity. | 我认为这是一个好机会 |
[00:23] | After all, crisis reveals character. | 毕竟 危急关头见品性 |
[00:31] | Good morning, everyone. | 各位早上好 |
[00:33] | Hi, uh, I’m chunk Palmer. | 我是特朗科·帕默 |
[00:34] | I’ll be your liaison for the day. | 我是你们今天的联络员 |
[00:36] | We here at tac are aware that you have many options. | 我们庭审分析公司全员都清楚 |
[00:39] | Of how you spend your time | 你们有多种消磨时间的选择 |
[00:40] | and we appreciate you spending it with us. | 但你们选择与我公司共度时光 我们深表感激 |
[00:42] | You all have been carefully selected | 你们都是经过严格筛选 |
[00:44] | to participate in today’s mock jury. | 加入今天的模拟陪审 |
[00:46] | It’s an opportunity to express your thoughts and feel… | 这给了你们一个表达自己思想和感受的机会 |
[00:48] | Smells good. What is that, coffee? | 闻着很香 是什么 咖啡吗 |
[00:51] | I miss coffee so much. | 我好久没喝过咖啡了 |
[00:52] | There’s a little left if you want some. | 如果你想喝 我还剩下一点 |
[00:54] | Oh, you’re sweet, but, uh, | 噢 你人真好 但是 |
[00:55] | it’s not good for my ticker. | 但这会伤我的心 |
[00:56] | I got a heart thing. | 我心脏有点问题 |
[00:57] | All for $200 a day. | 你们一天的酬劳是两百美金 |
[00:59] | And a hot lunch. | 以及一顿热腾腾的午餐 |
[01:01] | So, uh, please, let’s get out of this rain. | 请大家进来躲雨 |
[01:03] | Please follow me. | 请大家跟随我 |
[01:06] | As we proceed through the security checkpoint, | 在我们经过安检口的过程中 |
[01:08] | if you look to your left, | 如果您向左方看 |
[01:09] | you might catch a glimpse of one of our analysts | 您就可以一瞥我们公司 |
[01:11] | in their natural habitat. | 坚守岗位的在职顾问 |
[01:13] | The indispensable tac employees, | 这两位是庭审分析公司不可或缺的职员 |
[01:14] | Cable Mccrory and Danny James. | 凯博·麦克洛利和丹尼·詹姆斯 |
[01:16] | Hi, everyone. | 大家好 |
[01:17] | I always wanted to be in one of these focus groups. | 我一直梦想自己也能成为这类瞩目团队的一员 |
[01:19] | I mean, I’m not a white male aged 18 to 49, | 虽然我早已不是十八到四十九岁的白人男性 |
[01:23] | but I remember what I liked when I was. | 但我记得自己在那个年纪时的喜好 |
[01:24] | Before we settle in to our new home in mock court, | 在我们就坐模拟法庭前 |
[01:27] | now might be a good time for a bathroom break. | 大家可以先去个洗手间 |
[01:51] | Ladies and Gentlemen. | 女士们 先生们 |
[01:53] | This is the talented and delightful, Marissa Morgan. | 这位是才华横溢又美丽动人的 玛丽莎·摩根 |
[01:56] | You can’t hide anything from Marissa, | 任何秘密都躲不过玛丽莎的眼睛 |
[01:58] | but why would you? | 不过谁会对她说谎呢 |
[02:00] | Any bit of information | 不管你在网上或纸上 |
[02:01] | about yourself that you’ve left | 留下多微小的信息 |
[02:02] | online or a scrap of paper, Marissa can use it | 玛丽莎都可以将之充分利用 |
[02:06] | to make a motivational matrix for each of you. | 为在场每一位建立动机模型 |
[02:09] | Thank you, Chunk. | 谢谢你 特朗科 |
[02:10] | Hi, everyone. | 大家好 |
[02:12] | I promise this is not an invasive process. | 我向各位保证 实验不会干涉到个人隐私 |
[02:15] | Now, you will be hearing presentations. | 现在 有请我们的内部律师本尼·科隆 |
[02:18] | By our in-house Attorney, Benny colon. | 来为大家做演讲 |
[02:19] | Oh, don’t listen to a word she says. | 大家千万别相信她的话 |
[02:21] | She used to work for the government. | 她曾是政府麾下的 |
[02:23] | Mind-control specialist. | 一名思想控制专家 |
[02:24] | We will be interviewing some, | 我们将会采访你们当中部分人 |
[02:26] | if not all of you, for your responses. | 以检验你们的受测反应 |
[02:29] | Now, this will help give us a better sense. | 这将帮助我们进一步理解 |
[02:31] | Of how the real jury will respond. | 真实的陪审团的临场反应 |
[02:33] | We will also be measuring your biometrics, | 我们也将通过这些手腕探测仪 |
[02:36] | using these wrist monitors. | 采集你们的生物特征数据 |
[02:38] | Mind-control devices. | 这就是思想控制设备 |
[02:40] | They record your heart rate, | 它们将在第一时间 |
[02:41] | skin temperature, perspiration levels, | 记录下你们的心率 |
[02:43] | and other factors that indicate your emotional state. | 体表温度和排汗水平 |
[02:46] | In real time. | 以及其他指示情绪状况的参数 |
[02:47] | To make you more pliable. | 这是为了让你们更听话 |
[02:48] | And as you can tell, it hasn’t worked on Benny at all. | 显而易见 这招对本尼完全无效 |
[02:51] | Laurel Guthrie, | 劳雷尔·格思里 |
[02:52] | you are juror number 18. | 你是第十八号陪审员 |
[02:54] | Please find your seat. | 请找到位子就坐 |
[02:55] | All right, everyone, you are the jurors. | 好了各位 现在你们就是陪审员 |
[02:59] | There are no wrong answers. | 你们的回答都不会错 |
[03:01] | Are there right ones? | 有正确答案吗 |
[03:02] | If you don’t like what Benny says, | 如果你们不喜欢本尼所说的话 |
[03:03] | we would like to know that. | 请告诉我们 |
[03:04] | If you don’t like how Benny says things, | 如果你们不喜欢本尼说话的方式 |
[03:07] | well, we might agree with you. | 这点我们倒是与你们意见一致 |
[03:08] | If you don’t like the way Benny looks… | 如果你们不喜欢本尼的形象 |
[03:09] | Hey, hey. | 适可而止哦 |
[03:10] | Then that is on chunk because he picked out this suit. | 那就是特朗科的错了 这套衣服是他选的 |
[03:14] | We do what we can. | 我们竭尽所能 |
[03:15] | All right. We’re good to go. | 好吧 我们做好准备了 |
[03:17] | Just need the guy with the glasses. | 就等戴眼镜那家伙了 |
[03:22] | So, uh, Bull, I am in no way questioning. | 是这样的 布尔 我此番话绝非在质疑 |
[03:24] | What we are all doing here. | 不过我们这到底是在做什么 |
[03:26] | Ah, what are we doing here? | 噢 我们在这做什么 |
[03:27] | The ancient druids believed that, uh, | 古德鲁伊人相信 |
[03:28] | our souls were immortal, | 人类灵魂是永恒的 |
[03:30] | and that these physical vessels were only temporary. | 而承载灵魂的这些物理容器只是暂时的 |
[03:32] | Of course there are others. | 当然也有其他人相信 |
[03:34] | Believe that we are just projections. | 我们只是茫茫宇宙中的投影 |
[03:36] | In a simulated universe, characters in a video game. | 就像电子游戏里的角色一样 |
[03:38] | I wasn’t speaking so existentially. | 我并不是从存在主义那个角度提问的 |
[03:39] | Oh, okay. I just want to let you know | 好吧 我只是想让你知道 |
[03:41] | I am happy to be spending my time digging up dirt. | 我很高兴能花费时间揭露丑闻 |
[03:45] | On a scumbag ceo who’s being | 有关一位被我们卑鄙的首席运营官 |
[03:47] | sued by our scumbag coo. | 起诉的首席执行官 |
[03:48] | Because they’re fighting over their business. | 他们两人因公事闹翻了 |
[03:49] | You have a firm grasp on this case. Excellent. | 你紧抓着这个案子不放 非常棒 |
[03:52] | I just want to be clear. | 我只是想要弄清楚 |
[03:53] | One of these high-dollar cases. | 这些的案件高薪回报 |
[03:55] | Pays for a dozen where the client | 能帮助一批需要帮助 |
[03:56] | is in need and deserves our help. | 又值得我们帮助的客户 |
[03:59] | I’m responsible for everyone in this building, Danny. | 我对这幢大楼中的每一个人负责 丹尼 |
[04:01] | And according to the lease, | 根据租契 |
[04:03] | the building itself. | 这幢大楼也归我负责 |
[04:04] | – Noted. – Thank you. | – 明白 – 谢谢你 |
[04:08] | Okay, you two, we’re locked and loaded. | 好了 你们俩 我们就绪了 |
[04:10] | What’s the question of the day, Bull? | 今天的问题是什么呢 布尔 |
[04:12] | Well, it’s gonna be a good one. | 肯定是个好问题 |
[04:14] | Oh, come on. | 不会吧 |
[04:15] | Please, no. | 请别这样 |
[04:16] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[04:18] | Is a hot dog a sandwich? | 请问热狗是不是三明治的一种 |
[04:19] | This could get out of control in a hurry. | 这种问题很快就会让我失去理智的 |
[04:20] | It’s perfect. | 真完美 |
[04:22] | Ask the question, please, Benny. | 请提出质疑吧 本尼 |
[04:24] | It’s not two slices of bread. | 热狗并不是两片面包 |
[04:25] | Okay? It’s just not. | 好吗 它不是三明治 |
[04:29] | Anyway, I have a question about my opening argument. | 好吧 我对自己的开庭陈词存疑 |
[04:31] | It violates | 这违反了 |
[04:32] | my five-minute rule. | 我的黄金五分钟法则 |
[04:33] | I really would like to cut the following | 我真的很希望能删减接下来 |
[04:35] | four paragraphs. | 要讲的四段话 |
[04:37] | Hold on, Benny. | 等等 本尼 |
[04:38] | What’s going on with mock juror 18, Marissa? | 第十八号模拟陪审员怎么了 玛丽莎 |
[04:40] | Uh… | 我看看 |
[04:41] | Laurel Guthrie. | 劳雷尔·格思里 |
[04:43] | Age 34. | 现年三十四岁 |
[04:44] | She’s from fort Greene, Brooklyn. | 她来自布鲁克林区的格林堡 |
[04:46] | Heart rate accelerating. | 她的心率在加速 |
[04:47] | Respiration’s increasing. | 排汗水平在上升 |
[04:50] | She’s pretty fidgety. | 她看起来坐立不安 |
[04:52] | She seems really nervous. | 似乎非常紧张 |
[04:57] | Everybody down! | 大家趴下 |
[05:17] | Okay. | 好了 |
[05:20] | Everybody, calm down. | 大家冷静 |
[05:21] | Calm down. | 冷静 |
[05:23] | Is anybody hurt? | 有没有人受伤 |
[05:25] | Marissa? Are you okay? | 玛丽莎 你没事吧 |
[05:27] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[05:28] | I think it’s just from the dust. | 这应该是爆炸冲击导致的 |
[05:31] | You’re okay. | 你没事 |
[05:33] | She’s okay. | 她没事 |
[05:35] | Guys. | 大伙儿听我说 |
[05:37] | Hi, can you hear me in there? | 你们能听到我说话吗 |
[05:40] | Is anyone on? | 有人在吗 |
[05:41] | We’re here, Cable. Status check. | 凯博 我们在这儿 状态检查 |
[05:43] | Just a few minor injuries, | 只有些人受轻伤 |
[05:45] | but the corridor caved in. | 但是走廊塌了 |
[05:47] | – What in the hell? – What do you think? | – 怎么回事 – 你怎么看 |
[05:49] | – Nobody move! – Nobody move! | – 不许动 – 都不许动 |
[05:52] | She’s got a gun! | 她有枪 |
[05:53] | Call 911. | 打911 |
[05:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:55] | Laurel. | 罗瑞尔 |
[05:57] | Laurel. | 罗瑞尔 |
[05:59] | Listen to me, Laurel. | 听我说 罗瑞尔 |
[06:01] | Everybody stay down on the ground. | 都趴在地上 |
[06:03] | Hey, if you’re gonna pull a gun. | 听着 如果你要开枪 |
[06:04] | In my courtroom, you’re gonna point it at me. | 在我庭上 你应该用枪指着我 |
[06:06] | And no one else. | 而不是其他人 |
[06:06] | Understood? | 明白吗 |
[06:08] | Here. | 这里 |
[06:10] | You know the layout to my building. | 你熟悉这座建筑的布局 |
[06:11] | You found a way to be a part | 你想办法成为模拟法庭的一员 |
[06:13] | of the mock jury, and you smuggled in. | 然后偷偷溜了进来 |
[06:14] | What looks like a 3D-printed firearm, | 用这只像是3D打印的手枪 |
[06:17] | to get past the metal detector, | 逃避了金属探测器的检测 |
[06:18] | and you fabricated an explosive device. | 你自造了引爆装置 |
[06:22] | But there’s nothing in our background profile on you. | 但是我们背景资料库里没有你的信息 |
[06:24] | That would indicate you’re a violent person. | 这意味着你是一个暴力的人 |
[06:26] | You don’t know anything about me! | 你根本不了解我 |
[06:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:28] | Then why don’t you tell me? | 那你告诉我啊 |
[06:32] | You’re all right. | 一切都会没事 |
[06:36] | You need to relax. | 只是需要放松 |
[06:38] | You’ve done a lot of planning. | 为了此刻 |
[06:39] | To get to this moment. | 你做了很多筹划 |
[06:40] | I know it’s important to you. | 我知道这一刻对你很重要 |
[06:42] | Tell us why. | 告诉我们为什么 |
[06:43] | My husband. | 我的丈夫 |
[06:47] | You have to get my husband out of jail. | 你得把我的丈夫弄出监狱 |
[06:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:50] | Then talk to us. | 不妨说一说 |
[06:51] | We’re all listening. | 我们都洗耳恭听 |
[06:54] | Aren’t we? | 是吧 各位 |
[06:55] | I read you, Bull. | 我读给你听 布尔 |
[06:57] | Pulling up everything I can find on him now. | 这是我能找到的所有信息 |
[06:59] | Okay, her husband’s name is Gordon Guthrie, | 她丈夫名叫戈登·格思里 |
[07:01] | 42, formerly of fort Greene, Brooklyn, | 四十二岁 过去住在布鲁克林格林堡 |
[07:04] | presently five years into a 15-year sentence. | 目前处于十五年刑期中的第五年 |
[07:06] | He copped to it, Bull. | 他认罪了 布尔 |
[07:08] | Entered a guilty plea. | 接受了检方的辩诉交易 |
[07:10] | They owned and operated a small Pharmacy. | 他们曾经拥有并经营一家小药店 |
[07:14] | Everybody, get over there. | 所有人都到那边去 |
[07:15] | Okay. Take it easy, Laurel. | 好的 放松点 罗瑞尔 |
[07:19] | It’s gonna be all right. | 会没事的 |
[07:20] | Just relax. | 放松些 |
[07:26] | Let’s just do everything she says. | 按她说的做 |
[07:32] | Our records indicate that you’re a pharmacist. | 我们的记录显示你是个药剂师 |
[07:34] | I was. | 曾经是 |
[07:35] | We lost the Pharmacy. | 我们失去了药店 |
[07:36] | We lost everything. | 失去了一切 |
[07:37] | Not your skills. | 但技能还在 |
[07:38] | Explosives are basic chemistry. | 做炸药只需基础化学知识 |
[07:40] | It may be simple science, | 或许科学原理很简单 |
[07:41] | but the motivation is pretty complex. | 但是动机非常复杂 |
[07:44] | You’ve got my attention. | 你引起了我的关注 |
[07:45] | Look, I’ve done everything the right way. | 听着 五年来我一直循规蹈矩 |
[07:46] | Studied the law for five years. | 五年都在研究法律 |
[07:48] | Pursued every legal means to get him free. | 想尽一切合法的方法使他重获自由 |
[07:49] | But he pled guilty. | 但他认罪了 |
[07:50] | There’s no grounds for appeal. | 没有上诉的理由 |
[07:52] | No, no, no, the motion to reopen the case. | 不 不 要重新调查这个案子 |
[07:54] | Would have to come from the da’s office. | 就得经检察官许可 |
[07:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:57] | And that… Is what you want… | 所以你想让我 |
[08:02] | To get me to do. | 帮你做这件事 |
[08:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:05] | I see. | 明白了 |
[08:09] | Do you know there’s | 罗瑞尔 你知道 |
[08:10] | a psychology behind bomb-making, Laurel? | 炸弹爆破的背后隐藏着心理动机吗 |
[08:13] | It’s interesting. | 这一点很有趣 |
[08:14] | It’s about control. | 是关于控制的 |
[08:15] | You feel disenfranchised. | 你感到被剥夺了公民权 |
[08:17] | The legal system took your voice away. | 司法系统无视你的申诉 |
[08:19] | But you didn’t blow up a courthouse… | 但你没选择去炸法庭 |
[08:21] | Or a jail. | 或者监狱 |
[08:22] | You came here, | 你来到这里 |
[08:24] | and you focused your rage on this. | 把怒气发泄在此 |
[08:27] | Very specific, hopefully nonlethal. | 选择这种特殊却不致命的方式 |
[08:30] | Means of solving your problem. | 试图解决你的问题 |
[08:33] | I’m not here to kill anyone. | 我不是来这杀人的 |
[08:34] | I hope you mean that. | 我希望你是真心的 |
[08:36] | Look at all these people. | 看看这些人 |
[08:37] | They’re scared. | 他们都很害怕 |
[08:39] | I mean, you’re scaring them, Laurel. | 是你造成的 罗瑞尔 |
[08:40] | I need to know that they are not in danger. | 我需要确保他们没有生命危险 |
[08:43] | You understand that? That’s my responsibility. | 明白吧 这是我的责任 |
[08:45] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[08:47] | Do we understand each other? | 让我们达成共识 |
[08:48] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[08:51] | Now, tell me about this case. | 现在 跟我说说这件案子 |
[08:53] | So, there were some discrepancies. | 在食品药物管辖的类鸦片处方报告中 |
[08:55] | In the FDA-mandated Opioid prescription reporting, | 出现一些分歧 |
[08:58] | but it could’ve just been a mistake by our bookkeeper. | 但本来是我们记帐员的一个错误 |
[08:59] | – And what was his name? – Donovan snell. | – 他叫什么名字 – 多诺万·斯奈尔 |
[09:01] | But the prosecutor, Weinsbach, | 但是检察官 温尼丝贝奇 |
[09:03] | claimed that my Gordon, | 宣称我家戈登 |
[09:04] | my quiet, bookish Gordon | 他是那么安静 爱读书 |
[09:06] | who loved nothing more | 他平日只爱看老电影 |
[09:08] | than watching old movies, doing crossword puzzles. | 做一些填字拼图 |
[09:10] | And gardening… | 还有园艺 |
[09:11] | – Dude sounds like he’s 80. – Dude. | – 这老兄听起来得有八十岁 – 闭嘴吧 |
[09:13] | That he was a neighborhood drug dealer. | 他被举报称向邻居贩毒 |
[09:15] | And that he got into a Turf War | 卷入黑帮争斗 |
[09:17] | with actual drug dealers, Tommy and Bobby Vega. | 与真正的毒贩子汤米和鲍比·维加为伍 |
[09:19] | And then he said that Gordon | 然后他还说 |
[09:21] | killed Tommy in a drug deal gone wrong. | 戈登在一次交易失败时杀了汤米 |
[09:24] | I know this case. | 我知道那案子 |
[09:25] | What? | 什么 |
[09:26] | – They had no evidence. – None. | – 他们没有证据 – 什么都没有 |
[09:28] | Just an unimpeachable undercover source. | 只是一位可靠的卧底 |
[09:30] | Working the case, and they swore | 可以证明这件案子 |
[09:33] | that this source | 他们发誓说这位卧底 |
[09:34] | witnessed Gordon come in. | 目睹戈登走了进来 |
[09:36] | And pull the trigger against Tommy Vega and murder him. | 对汤米 维加扣动了扳机将其枪杀 |
[09:39] | And you never got to hear his testimony in open court? | 他都没能获得在公开庭审中辩解的机会吗 |
[09:41] | No. | 没有 |
[09:42] | He took a plea deal. | 他接受了辩诉交易 |
[09:44] | He never got a chance to confront his accuser. | 他都没机会跟原告当面对质 |
[09:47] | Well, they shouldn’t have done that. | 他们不该这么做 |
[09:48] | They railroaded him. | 这可是强行定罪啊 |
[09:49] | It’s just a game to them, | 对他们来说这不过是一场游戏 |
[09:51] | and they rig the rules against people like us. | 利用规则的漏洞欺负像我们这样无辜的百姓 |
[09:56] | Your husband deserved a fair trial, | 你的丈夫理应得到一场公正的庭审 |
[09:58] | an outcome determined | 由包括同行在内的人 |
[10:00] | by a jury of his peers. | 组成的陪审团来进行裁决 |
[10:02] | I learned about you. | 我对你早有耳闻 |
[10:03] | You deliver jury verdicts. | 你能左右陪审团的裁决 |
[10:05] | I would’ve taken this case just based on its merits. | 我也不是不分青红皂白 |
[10:09] | You didn’t even take my calls. | 那你为什么连我电话都不接 |
[10:15] | Stand back, stand back. Get back, please. | 退后 退后 请退后 |
[10:21] | Let’s go, let’s go. | 行动 行动 |
[10:25] | A few more units are on the way. | 增援马上就到 |
[10:26] | Let’s go. | 行动 |
[10:28] | Set up a perimeter around the block. | 围绕整个街区设置警戒带 |
[10:29] | No one enters the building. | 禁止无关人员进入大厦 |
[10:31] | Clear and secure all floors. | 一层一层清剿 |
[10:33] | Let’s go! | 行动 |
[10:37] | Guys. Guys, I got video. | 各位 各位 监控恢复了 |
[10:40] | Cable, you okay? | 凯博 你还好吧 |
[10:41] | Lieutenant Tharder. | 萨德警督 |
[10:43] | We’ve got 25 people trapped in there, | 有人用枪劫持人质 |
[10:44] | being held hostage at gunpoint. | 目前二十五人被困于内 |
[10:46] | Male or female? | 嫌疑人是男是女 |
[10:47] | Female, early 30s and agitated. | 女性 三十来岁 情绪激动 |
[10:49] | Clear all non-essential personnel. | 清退无关人员 |
[10:51] | You got comms inside with the terrorist? | 有没有通讯设备可以和里面的嫌犯通话 |
[10:52] | Can I talk to her? | 我可以跟她谈谈吗 |
[10:54] | Bull seems to be doing most of the negotiating. | 布尔似乎在做谈判工作 |
[10:55] | You did take his weekend seminar, didn’t you? | 你参加了他开设的周末研讨班 对吧 |
[10:58] | Alternative techniques to negotiation. | 《谈判中的交替技巧》 |
[11:00] | What approach is he using to establish rapport? | 他通过何种方法与对方建立情感的共鸣呢 |
[11:02] | Whatever it is, it seems to be working. | 不管是什么 看起来都很有效 |
[11:05] | What this comes down to, Laurel, | 劳雷尔 这一切都可以归结为一起 |
[11:07] | is a case of mistaken identity. | 张冠李戴的冤假错案 |
[11:08] | We spend so much time worrying about | 我们花了很多时间去 |
[11:11] | how others perceive us. | 担心别人如何看待我们 |
[11:12] | How we dress, how we speak, how we look. | 我们的衣着 谈吐和相貌 |
[11:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:17] | To build trust. To be seen. | 为了建立信任 为了寻求认同 |
[11:21] | The DA didn’t see your husband in court. | 地方检察官在庭审中没能认清你的丈夫 |
[11:23] | That’s clear. | 这很明显 |
[11:25] | Just like these people. | 就像你面前的这些人 |
[11:26] | These frightened, confused people, | 这些恐惧而又困惑的人 |
[11:27] | they don’t really see you right now. | 他们现在也没能认清你 |
[11:30] | They see a woman with a gun. | 他们仅仅看到了一名持枪的女人 |
[11:32] | But I see you. | 但是我认清了你 |
[11:34] | I do. | 确实如此 |
[11:36] | And I know you’re a good person. | 我知道你是一个好人 |
[11:39] | I want to help you. | 我想要帮助你 |
[11:40] | You will help me. | 你必须帮助我 |
[11:41] | Not under duress I won’t. | 被人强迫我可不会 |
[11:44] | Why today, specifically? | 今天有什么特别之处吗 |
[11:46] | Why did you choose this day to do all of this? | 为什么选择今天来实施这一切呢 |
[11:49] | They’re transferring my husband today | 狱警今天要把我丈夫转送到 |
[11:53] | to the same prison as Bobby Vega. | 鲍比·维加所在的监狱 |
[11:55] | It’s a death sentence. | 这等于判了我丈夫死刑 |
[11:56] | And you want me to save him in a day? | 你想让我今天就把他救出来吗 |
[11:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:00] | Once you know the lie, | 一旦你知道了真相 |
[12:01] | you can make a call to the ADA. | 你就可以致电助理地方检察官 |
[12:03] | Have them put a halt on the transfer, | 让他们暂缓转送 |
[12:04] | and then just re-open the case. | 重新审理此案 |
[12:06] | That’s a lot to ask. | 这可没那么容易 |
[12:07] | Then what? | 那怎么办 |
[12:09] | They bluffed him into copping that plea. | 是他们骗他接受辩诉交易的 |
[12:13] | Gordon and I were inseparable. | 戈登与我亲密无间 |
[12:16] | We lived together, we worked together. | 我们一起生活 一起工作 |
[12:18] | We kept no secrets from each other. | 无话不谈 |
[12:20] | They got the wrong man. | 他们抓错了人 |
[12:21] | And this witness, this source… | 而那位证人 那名卧底… |
[12:26] | She’s the one who put the gun to my husband’s head. | 她就是拿枪指着我丈夫脑袋的人 |
[12:28] | Laurel, I told you not to point that gun | 劳雷尔 我跟你说过了 可以用枪对着我 |
[12:29] | at anyone in this room but me. | 但是不要对着其他人 |
[12:31] | I searched five years to find out the name | 我花了五年时间来寻找 |
[12:33] | of the FBI Agent that they used | 那名联邦调查局侦查员的姓名 |
[12:35] | to play games with my husband’s life. | 她视我丈夫的性命为儿戏 |
[12:38] | Special Agent Danielle James. | 侦查员丹尼尔·詹姆斯 |
[12:52] | Absolutely no one has been… | 可以肯定无人… |
[12:53] | At this point, there are no confirmed deaths, | 目前为止 尚无人员死亡 |
[12:57] | though we do not know the extent of the injuries | 但是不知伤者的 |
[12:59] | or the number of people involved. | 数量和受伤程度 |
[13:00] | NYPD has confirmed an explosion on the 22nd floor | 纽约市警察局确认庭审分析公司 |
[13:03] | in the offices of the Trial Analysis Corporation. | 位于大厦二十二层的办公室发生爆炸 |
[13:06] | Bomb squad personnel is in the building. | 拆弹小组成员正在大厦内 |
[13:08] | We’re told this is a domestic act. | 本台得知这是一起国内恐袭事件 |
[13:10] | More details to come as events unfold. | 随着事态发展将会披露更多细节 |
[13:15] | Laurel, let me tell you what we’re gonna do. | 劳雷尔 我来告诉你接下来我们怎么做 |
[13:17] | You’re gonna tell me? | 那你说啊 |
[13:19] | You are gonna get what you need, | 你会得到你想要的正义 |
[13:21] | but you are not gonna get what you asked for. | 但是你提出的要求我无法满足 |
[13:23] | I’m not getting on the phone, | 我不会给别人打电话 |
[13:25] | I’m not making any demands for you. | 不会因为你向地检署提出任何要求 |
[13:27] | I am not asking anyone for anything on your behalf. | 也不会代表你要求别人为你做什么 |
[13:32] | But I will take your case, | 但是我会承接你的案子 |
[13:35] | and I will also take that gun right now. | 但是现在也要拿走你的枪 |
[13:38] | That’s the deal. | 这是条件 |
[13:40] | No. | 不行 |
[13:42] | The gun, it’s the only reason you’re listening. | 这支枪是你愿意听我说话的唯一理由 |
[13:44] | No, I’m listening because I’m interested. | 不是 我愿意听你说话是因为我感兴趣 |
[13:48] | I’m curious to know the truth here, | 我很想知道真相 |
[13:50] | and I’m curious about Danny’s testimony on the stand. | 我也很想听到丹尼站在被告席上的辩解 |
[13:53] | But the gun is getting in the way. | 但是这支枪是障碍 |
[13:55] | Now, you have a choice. | 现在请你做出选择 |
[13:57] | You can never pull that trigger, | 你可以放下枪 |
[13:59] | in which case | 结束这种 |
[14:00] | this is sort of a silly, tiresome pose… | 愚蠢而又烦人的姿势… |
[14:01] | Or? | 要么呢 |
[14:03] | Or you can pull the trigger, | 要么你就开枪吧 |
[14:04] | and something unspeakable happens. | 但是接下来的事情无法形容 |
[14:07] | And I think we both know that’s not an option. | 这一选项对你我都不利 |
[14:10] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[14:11] | The firing pin on these 3D-printed firearms. | 这些通过3D打印技术制造出来的枪支 |
[14:14] | is notoriously unreliable. | 撞针出了名的不可靠 |
[14:17] | chemistry may be your specialty, | 化学可能是你的强项 |
[14:20] | but engineering isn’t. | 但是工程却不是 |
[14:25] | Give me the gun… | 把枪给我… |
[14:28] | And you will get everything you came here for. | 你会完成你来这里的目标 |
[14:44] | It’s okay. | 好的 |
[14:54] | – He got her to give him the gun. – I’ll be damned. | – 他让她把枪交出来了 – 天哪 |
[14:56] | Move ahead with the sweep. | 迅速推进并扫描检查 |
[14:58] | There’s already been a detonation. | 已经有过一场爆炸了 |
[15:00] | We’re not gonna assume there aren’t any other devices. | 保不准还有其他的爆炸装置 |
[15:02] | Bull could just ask her. | 布尔可能已经问过她了 |
[15:04] | We’re not gonna take the word of someone who takes hostages. | 我们可不能听信劫持人质的嫌犯的话 |
[15:06] | I don’t believe that place is secure | 直到扫描仪确认完毕 |
[15:08] | until that thing tells me it is. | 我都不能排除那个地方的安全隐患 |
[15:09] | It looks like there’s structural damage from the blast. | 爆炸似乎对建筑结构造成了损害 |
[15:11] | They’re trapped behind a collapsed structural beam. | 他们被困在倒下的承重梁后面了 |
[15:14] | Cutting through may be the only option. | 可能只有把梁切开才能救他们出来 |
[15:19] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[15:23] | Here, take one of these. | 拿一个 |
[15:24] | These will help with the dust. | 这可以除去灰尘 |
[15:28] | Yeah, I’m okay. We’re stuck in this mock courtroom. | 嗯 我还好 我们被困在模拟法庭里面了 |
[15:32] | Hey, can we get out of here? | 嘿 我们出得去吗 |
[15:34] | We’re clearing the area, Mr. Colon. | 我们在清理这片区域 科隆先生 |
[15:36] | Please stay back until we’ve completed our assessment. | 在我们完成评估之前 请保持距离 |
[15:42] | They’re not gonna find any other explosives. | 他们不会找到别的炸药的 |
[15:44] | Maybe not. Before the bomb went off, | 谁说的 在炸弹引爆前 |
[15:46] | her heart rate and breathing were red-lining. | 她心跳和呼吸的读数都非常高 |
[15:48] | Now she is strangely calm. | 现在她过于冷静了 |
[15:50] | All the nervousness and anxiety. | 之前的紧张感和焦虑 |
[15:51] | of anticipation is all gone now. | 全烟消云散了 |
[15:54] | She’s just sad, and hoping we can help her. | 她只是很难过 希望我们能帮她 |
[15:56] | Hey, cable, how long do they estimate. | 嘿 凯博 他们预计还有多久 |
[15:59] | It’ll take to get us out of here? | 我们才能出去 |
[16:00] | Lieutenant Tharder says about an hour, | 萨德警督说还有一小时 |
[16:02] | but I’m not supposed to tell you that. | 但我本来不能告诉你的 |
[16:04] | – Something about s.O.P. – Okay. | – 有标准作业程序什么的 – 好的 |
[16:06] | I’m gonna make use of it. | 我会好好利用它的 |
[16:08] | Let’s do a mock trial. | 让我们开一场模拟法庭 |
[16:09] | You weren’t just trying to talk her down. | 你之前不光只是要让她把枪放下 |
[16:11] | You legitimately want to work her case. | 你是真的要拿她的案子 |
[16:13] | At this point, it’s really not a big difference | 我们今天原本的计划 |
[16:15] | from how we were gonna spend our day. | 和现在区别也不大了 |
[16:17] | Okay, are you in shock? You need medical attention? | 你休克了吗 需要救助吗 |
[16:30] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[16:32] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[16:35] | I remember her husband’s case. | 我还记得她丈夫的那案子 |
[16:37] | I was undercover for months | 为了跟踪维加兄弟 |
[16:39] | trying to nail the Vega Brothers. | 我卧底了数月 |
[16:41] | I was in the next room the night Gordon Guthrie showed up. | 当戈登·格思里出现的时候 我就在隔壁房间 |
[16:43] | – You comfortable talking about it? – I just did. | – 你谈这个没问题吧 – 我不是在谈吗 |
[16:45] | We’re talking about whether a man goes away for murder. | 关于那个人是否杀了人 |
[16:48] | I might have a few more questions. | 我可能还有几个问题 |
[16:50] | Such as? | 比如 |
[16:51] | You said you were in the next room. | 你刚说 你在隔壁房间 |
[16:53] | How come the assailant didn’t see you? | 凶手怎么没看到你 |
[16:54] | What was your state of mind? What were you doing? | 你当时的心理状态如何 你在做什么 |
[16:57] | When was the last time you slept? | 上次睡觉是什么时候 |
[16:58] | Was your view obstructed? Maybe, most importantly, | 你的视野有没有被挡住 最重要的是 |
[17:01] | how come you didn’t testify? | 你为什么没有作证 |
[17:03] | It wasn’t my decision. | 这不是我的决定 |
[17:06] | You’d have to ask that idiot ADA Weinsbach. | 你必须问那个白痴助理地检官温尼丝贝奇 |
[17:15] | Hey, you still on speaking terms with Carey Weinsbach? | 嘿 你还在和凯里·温尼丝贝奇谈吗 |
[17:18] | Yeah. Want me to dig? | 嗯 要我去查这人么 |
[17:20] | Well, we either dig into this, | 我们要不就挖下这人的底细 |
[17:21] | or we… start digging into that barricade. | 要不就去挖那倒下的梁 |
[17:24] | Working a case in a sealed-off room | 在一个密闭的房间破案 |
[17:26] | with the possibility of an undetonated ordnance. | 房间里可能还有哑弹 |
[17:28] | That’ll be relaxing. | 真能让人松一口气 |
[17:29] | There is no further threat here. | 这里没有另外的危险了 |
[17:31] | – Except for Claustrophobia. – And? | – 除了幽闭恐惧症 – 所以呢 |
[17:34] | It would benefit everyone to take their minds elsewhere. | 人们需要把精力集中到别处 |
[17:36] | She blew up the room and held them all at gunpoint. | 她把这房间炸了 还拿枪指着他们 |
[17:39] | Come on, Bull, you can’t reward her. | 拜托 布尔 难道你还要酬谢她吗 |
[17:41] | I’m not looking to reward bad behavior. | 我不是要奖励她的恶性 |
[17:43] | I’m looking to help everyone through a traumatic event. | 我要帮所有人度过这场灾难 |
[17:45] | And if, in the process, we can assist | 如果在这期间 我们能帮助 |
[17:47] | this damaged and distraught young woman, | 这个身心俱创的年轻女子 |
[17:50] | and give her the trial she never had. | 给她打场从未打过的官司 |
[17:51] | That’s good, too. | 这也不错 |
[17:52] | You’re already prosecuting the case. | 你已经是这单案子的检察官了 |
[17:54] | I was thinking of starting with the defense. | 我之前想先当辩护人 |
[17:56] | – But you can prosecute. – Right. | – 但你可以当检察官 – 是的 |
[17:58] | Hey, Marissa, do you think, | 嘿 玛丽莎 你觉得 |
[18:00] | with a bare-bones evaluation of their behavioral tendencies, | 有了他们行为趋势的基本评估后 |
[18:03] | you can empanel a full jury? | 你能组建一个完整的陪审团吗 |
[18:04] | With an appeal towards curiosity, | 算上有好奇心的人 |
[18:06] | an established interest in participating | 有参与司法程序的兴趣的人 |
[18:08] | in the judicial process, and the fact. | 然后再考虑到这里没别的事可以做 |
[18:11] | There’s nothing else to do here, uh, maybe nine. | 可能有九个 |
[18:13] | If you bribe ’em, I’ll take the over. | 如果你贿赂他们 可能会更多 |
[18:16] | If you’re right, you get to be the judge. | 如果你说对了 我让你当法官 |
[18:17] | Oh, my God. You guys are insane. | 噢 天哪 你们真的疯了 |
[18:20] | Are you actually re-running the trial? | 你们真的要重新审判 |
[18:21] | We’re stuck here. | 我们困在这里 |
[18:22] | Danny, you wanted to try a case | 丹尼 你今天想试一单 |
[18:24] | with meaning today. | 有意义的案子吗 |
[18:25] | Let’s make it meaningful. | 让我们给它点意义 |
[18:29] | Everybody, if I could have everyone’s attention, please. | 大家麻烦能看过来吗 |
[18:32] | On behalf of everyone here at TAC, | 我代表庭审分析公司的所有人 |
[18:34] | I’d like to apologize for your inconvenience today. | 对今天造成的不便道歉 |
[18:39] | The authorities have assured us | 政府已经向我们保证 |
[18:41] | that they’ll have us out of here | 会把我们 |
[18:43] | in an hour or so. | 在大概一个小时后带出去 |
[18:44] | I know you got more than you bargained for today. | 我知道今天你们经历的比意料中的要多 |
[18:47] | You thought you were gonna be on a mock jury. | 你们以为自己是模拟的陪审团 |
[18:51] | What if we tried a real case? | 但是 如果我们做了一单真案子呢 |
[18:57] | And by the time we’re done, we’ll be out of here. | 当我们结束的时候 我们就能离开了 |
[18:59] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你这是认真的吗 |
[19:00] | Obviously, if anyone doesn’t want | 当然 如果任何人不愿意参与 |
[19:02] | to participate, they’re free to sit out. | 他们有权选择旁观 |
[19:04] | But for the curious, Benny Colón will be re-trialing | 至于那些感兴趣的人 本尼·科隆会重新审理 |
[19:08] | her husband, Gordon Guthrie, | 她的丈夫 戈登·格思里的案子 |
[19:10] | who was incarcerated five years ago on murder charges. | 他在五年前受到谋杀的指控 正被囚禁 |
[19:12] | For the defense, Dr. Jason Bull. | 辩方律师 杰森·布尔博士 |
[19:14] | And the lovely and loquacious. | 还有既和善又健谈的 |
[19:16] | Honorable Chunk Palmer presiding. | 尊敬的特朗科·帕默当任审判长 |
[19:20] | This is a chance. | 这是一个机会 |
[19:22] | To determine whether or not Laurel Guthrie. | 裁决劳雷尔·格思里 |
[19:24] | was unjustly driven to desperate violence. | 是否因为司法系统的腐败 |
[19:27] | by a corrupt legal system. | 而被迫使用暴力的机会 |
[19:28] | You’ll not only have the chance to provide | 你们不但有机会能 |
[19:30] | answers for her husband, whose life hangs in the balance. | 给他命悬一线的丈夫一个答案 |
[19:33] | You’ll also be empowered | 你们还有权利 |
[19:35] | to render justice on her actions | 对她向房间内无辜的人所犯下的罪行 |
[19:38] | toward every innocent person in this room. | 带去正义 |
[19:41] | That’s absurd. | 这真荒谬 |
[19:42] | Why would we do crap for her? | 我们干嘛要帮她 |
[19:43] | I’m gonna sweeten the pot. | 我再加一个奖励 |
[19:45] | A thousand dollars danger pay | 如果任何人参与的话 |
[19:47] | to anyone who participates. | 我出一千块的危害津贴 |
[19:50] | Can I see a show of hands? | 愿意参与的能举手吗 |
[19:56] | What else you gonna do? | 你们还能做些什么 |
[19:57] | I’m in. | 我报名 |
[19:59] | – Yep. Sure. – What the hell. | – 嗯 好的 – 你是认真的吗 |
[20:02] | – I’m in. – Okay. I’m in. | – 我报名 – 好吧 我报名 |
[20:04] | I’m in. | 我报名 |
[20:05] | – Me, too. – Me, three. | – 我也要 – 算我一个 三个 |
[20:08] | Looks like we have a jury. | 看来我们已经够人组建陪审团了 |
[20:11] | Court is in session. | 现在开庭 |
[20:12] | Please re-take your seats. | 请各位重新就坐 |
[20:16] | Good luck, Counselor. | 祝你好运 律师 |
[20:18] | Your honor. | 法官大人 |
[20:26] | Mr. Weinsbach, thanks for getting back. | 温尼丝贝奇先生 谢谢你回来 |
[20:28] | Well, you contacted me through my office, land line, | 你打了我办公室的电话 座机电话 |
[20:31] | unlisted cell, and three relatives, | 私人手机号码 还有我三个亲戚的号码 |
[20:33] | so I turned on the news. | 所以我看了看新闻 |
[20:34] | They’re saying a bomb already went off. | 他们说有个已经引爆的炸弹 |
[20:36] | Is everyone okay? | 大家还好吗 |
[20:38] | Uh… it’s a fluid situation. | 呃 情况变得很快 |
[20:42] | We need electronic copies of the court recordings. | 我们需要电子版的法庭记录 |
[20:44] | and transcripts of a five-year-old case. | 还有五年前那案子的笔录 |
[20:45] | State of New York vs Gordon Guthrie. | 纽约州法院判的戈登·格思里那案子 |
[20:47] | Okay, I remember it. I’ll send what I’ve got. | 行 记住了 我拿到就发给你 |
[20:49] | Great. I also may need your help pulling some strings. | 好 我估计还需要你给我走个后门 |
[20:53] | So I can Jack into the D.O.C. Security cameras. | 侵入监狱总局的监控摄像头 |
[20:55] | No visual on any undetonated ordnance yet. | 目前还没有发现爆炸物 |
[20:58] | We’re gonna have to carefully extract. | 我们会一点一点 |
[20:59] | Piece by piece. | 仔细查找 |
[21:00] | My god, what a mess. I’ll get it started. | 天啊 真是一团糟 我这就开始弄 |
[21:03] | – Who’s that? – Um… | – 这是谁 – 哦 这是 |
[21:04] | Oh, a colleague of Marissa’s. | 玛丽莎的同事 |
[21:06] | I’ll transfer you now. | 现在帮你转接 |
[21:09] | Hey, can I play with the robot? | 能让我玩下机器人吗 |
[21:11] | No. | 不行 |
[21:13] | Marissa, it’s Carey Weinsbach. | 玛丽莎 我是凯里·温尼丝贝奇 |
[21:14] | Yeah, I know, counselor. It’s video, I can see. | 我知道是你 律师先生 视频里能看见 |
[21:16] | Uh, are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[21:18] | Hoping you can provide some details we’re missing. | 希望你能提供一些我们不知道的细节 |
[21:19] | On the Guthrie case. | 格思里那案子的 |
[21:21] | – What is going on there? – We’re about to start. | – 你那边什么情况 – 我们现在要 |
[21:23] | – Voir dire right now, hang on a second. – Did you say voir… | – 做预先审查了 你等等 – 你是说预先… |
[21:25] | Shall we address the elephant in the room? | 咱们能就说实话吗 |
[21:29] | We can all hear the sounds of rescue workers | 废墟那边的救援人员正在工作 |
[21:31] | on the other side of that pile. | 咱们都听得到 |
[21:34] | Men and women in uniform fighting to rescue us. | 穿制服的男男女女正努力救援我们 |
[21:38] | Who here doesn’t trust the police? | 我们中有人不信任警察吗 |
[21:43] | Move to strike, your honor. | 法官大人 我方申请排除该陪审员 |
[21:44] | Yeah, you two are out. | 请两位离场 |
[21:47] | Please go ahead, Counselor. | 律师请继续 |
[21:50] | He’s emphasizing trust of the uniform. | 他强调对公权力的信任 |
[21:52] | Means he’s putting your testimony | 这正是意味着你们证词 |
[21:54] | at the center of his case. | 对于案件至关重要 |
[21:55] | That’s how it should be. There’s nothing else. | 本该这样 没什么可说的 |
[21:57] | Well, he’s gonna need to stack the jury | 他的陪审团得吸纳 |
[21:58] | with people who have family. | 那些有亲人在军队 警局 |
[21:59] | In the military, police or the fdny. | 还有消防队工作的人群 |
[22:02] | Jurors three, seven, nine, | 三号 七号 九号 |
[22:04] | and 17 all fit the bill. | 还有十七号陪审员都符合条件 |
[22:06] | I’ll tell him. | 我去告诉他 |
[22:09] | Oh, Mr. Weinsbach. | 温尼丝贝奇先生 |
[22:11] | I just saw Danny James. | 我刚看到丹尼·詹姆斯了 |
[22:14] | Would you tell her I’m sorry? | 能转告她我很抱歉吗 |
[22:15] | About what? | 怎么了 |
[22:17] | We all experienced a trauma today. | 今天我们精神上都受了创伤 |
[22:19] | I have to admit, when I heard the first explosion, | 我得说 听到第一声爆炸那会儿 |
[22:20] | I thought I was dead. | 我以为自己已经死了 |
[22:21] | When I heard the second one, | 听到第二声爆炸的时候 |
[22:23] | I was at least happy to know I was alive. | 我还有点庆幸 起码我还活着 |
[22:25] | I don’t know if we all had the same experience. | 不知道大家是不是有相同的体验 |
[22:27] | Who thought the first explosion was the loudest? | 有谁觉得是第一声爆炸最响的 |
[22:29] | I see. | 好的 |
[22:31] | And the second? | 觉得是第二声的呢 |
[22:32] | Hmm. | 好 |
[22:34] | And does anyone here think. | 那有没有人觉得 |
[22:35] | There was only one explosion? | 只有一次爆炸声的 |
[22:38] | Move to strike, your honor. | 法官大人 我方申请排除该陪审员 |
[22:40] | You are excused. | 请离场 |
[22:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:44] | There was only one explosion. | 本来就只有一次爆炸 |
[22:46] | Yet no one on our jury is sure of that | 但陪审团里没人能确定 |
[22:47] | they’re all hearing the second one | 他们都已经脑补出 |
[22:49] | in their heads already. | 第二次爆炸了 |
[22:51] | Reconstructive recollection, Bull? | 你在重塑别人的记忆吗 布尔 |
[22:53] | This case hinges on memory. Memories can be altered | 这案子就看人的记忆 时间 重复叙述 |
[22:56] | by time, by repetition, by any number of factors. | 任何因素都可以改变记忆 |
[22:58] | You want a jury who trusts Danny and her memory. | 你想要陪审团相信丹尼和她的记忆 |
[23:02] | And I want a jury who trusts. | 而我要陪审团相信的 |
[23:04] | Neither Danny, nor her memory. | 既不是她 也不是她的记忆 |
[23:06] | Transcripts and court recordings | 庭审的录影和笔录 |
[23:07] | from the trial have been downloaded. | 已经下载好了 |
[23:09] | Why do you look nervous? | 你为什么这么紧张 |
[23:10] | I also spoke to Benny’s friend | 我在地检办公室还和本尼的朋友 |
[23:12] | at the DA’s office. | 说过话 |
[23:13] | According to the transcripts, | 根据记录 |
[23:15] | he was three days into the trial | 在他接受辩诉交易之前 |
[23:16] | before he offered the plea deal. | 已经参加了三天的庭审 |
[23:18] | I just want to know why he offered a deal at all. | 我只是想知道 如果已经有了丹尼的证词 |
[23:19] | If he had Danny’s testimony. | 他到底为什么还会认罪 |
[23:23] | – He believed it was compromised. – Bull? | – 他觉得丹尼做了假证 – 布尔 |
[23:25] | You are going to need to tread lightly here. | 这事你得小心处理 |
[23:27] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[23:28] | While she was under, | 丹尼还在职的时候 |
[23:29] | Danny’s handler at the Bureau told the ADA | 她的上级跟助理地检官说 |
[23:32] | that she missed multiple check-ins, | 她多次缺席会面 |
[23:34] | including scheduled drug tests. | 也没参加毒品测试 |
[23:35] | Danny went native? | 丹尼也学坏了吗 |
[23:37] | They never got any proof. | 他们没有证据 |
[23:38] | Well, if the defense got ahold of that. | 如果辩方掌控了这些 |
[23:39] | They would have ripped her apart on the stand. | 他们会在证人席上就撕碎她的 |
[23:41] | No, Danny would never. | 不 丹尼不会的 |
[23:42] | She left the FBI not long after this case. | 案子过后没多久她就离开了联调局 |
[23:45] | Speaking of Gordon Guthrie, | 说到这个戈登·格思里 |
[23:46] | it took some doing, | 是费了点事 |
[23:48] | but I finally got the live feed, Bull. | 但我已经搞定了 |
[23:50] | At rikers correctional, Laurel’s husband. | 劳雷尔的丈夫在利克斯岛的管教所 |
[23:53] | It’s coming up now. | 马上就要出现了 |
[23:54] | Oh, thank you, cable. | 哦 谢谢你 凯博 |
[23:56] | I want to get a look at this guy. | 我想看看这个人 |
[23:58] | This Guthrie? | 这就是他吗 |
[24:00] | He looks like a minnow. | 看着就像一条 |
[24:02] | About to be fed to the sharks. | 要被喂鲨鱼的小鱼 |
[24:04] | The look of a wrongly convicted man. | 一个蒙冤之人的表情 |
[24:06] | on his way to an unjust end. | 他最终蒙受不公的结局 |
[24:08] | Because of a corrupt FBI Agent, | 就因为一个其后离职的 |
[24:10] | who subsequently quit the Bureau. | 联调局探员的腐败 |
[24:12] | Bull, you know that’s not who Danny is. | 布尔 丹尼不是这种人 你知道的 |
[24:14] | Driving a peaceful woman to an act of madness, | 使温和的女人做出疯狂之举 |
[24:16] | making prisoners of us all, | 让我们都背负罪责 |
[24:18] | in order to get her husband the trial he was denied. | 就为了让她丈夫得到应有的判决 |
[24:21] | – Don’t say it. – That’s how I’ll depict Danny. | – 别说了 – 我可以就这么形容丹尼 |
[24:23] | The best narrative wins the case. | 巧言令色可以赢得审判 |
[24:24] | But only the truth will set us free. | 可只有真相才能令我们解脱 |
[24:38] | While it seems the threat inside has been neutralized, | 危险似乎已经解除 |
[24:41] | the bomb squad is not taking any chances. | 但拆弹小队不会放松警惕 |
[24:43] | A unit is securing the building. | 有一个小队正护卫大楼 |
[24:45] | Keep in mind, at least 20 people are still trapped. | 就我们所知 办公室里仍有 |
[24:47] | inside the tac offices, in what we’re told. | 至少二十人被困 |
[24:50] | Has been an unconventional negotiation. | 他们在那里进行非常规会谈 |
[24:53] | So, you gonna put me on the stand? | 怎么着 你要让我出庭作证吗 |
[24:55] | Don’t mock mock court. | 别拿模拟庭审开玩笑 |
[24:57] | Benny, this is ridiculous. | 本尼 这也太扯了 |
[24:58] | I prefer Bull passionate, not fanatical. | 我喜欢布尔的热情 但狂热就算了 |
[25:01] | ADA Weinsbach had some reservations. | 温尼丝贝奇对你的证词 |
[25:03] | About your testimony. | 有疑义 |
[25:04] | You know what? I was undercover | 跟你说 我在汤米·维加那儿 |
[25:05] | on Tommy Vega for months, man. | 卧底过几个月 |
[25:07] | You know what he liked? | 知道他喜欢什么吗 |
[25:09] | Guns, drugs, | 枪支 毒品 |
[25:10] | paranoia. | 猜忌 |
[25:12] | You know what he didn’t like? Sleep. | 知道他不喜欢什么吗 不喜欢睡觉 |
[25:14] | So if I didn’t come up to meet my handler, | 所以如果我没法与上线会面 |
[25:17] | I had a damn good reason. | 也是合情合理 |
[25:18] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[25:19] | And I believe that the jury will, too. | 我想陪审团也会的 |
[25:22] | Guthrie should’ve gotten life. | 格思里本该活下来的 |
[25:23] | Instead, he got a deal. And my time under. | 可是 他被判刑了 而我的卧底工作 |
[25:26] | Got burned. | 也前功尽弃了 |
[25:27] | I did my job. | 我已经做了我该做的事了 |
[25:28] | Show that passion on the stand. | 在证人席上展现出你的热情 |
[25:30] | And nothing will stop you. | 你将是无人能敌的 |
[25:31] | Nothing? | 无人能敌吗 |
[25:46] | All right, come to order. | 好了 大家请就位 |
[25:48] | Now, the original trial | 是这样的 原审 |
[25:50] | lasted for three days of testimony | 持续进行了三天的证询 |
[25:53] | before a plea bargain was reached. | 之后达成了辩诉交易 |
[25:54] | We’ll be reading parts of the transcript. | 我们现在就来让一部分刚才被划出陪审团的人 |
[25:56] | From the original trial with the help. | 作为志愿者帮忙 |
[25:58] | of a few of our volunteers that you guys struck from the jury. | 读一下原审的记录文件 |
[26:02] | Dr. Valeron, you will be reading the role. | 瓦莱隆医生 你来读一下 |
[26:04] | of an expert in the distribution of pharmaceuticals. | 药物分配专家的证词 |
[26:07] | Could you tell us about Opioid manufacturing. | 你能不能告诉我们有关 |
[26:09] | And distribution? | 吗啡类药物的生产及分配的规定呢 |
[26:10] | In typical pharmacies, individual pills | 在一般的药房里 每一片药 |
[26:12] | can be tracked in quantity | 都可以被明确记录数量 |
[26:14] | and Schedule II Narcotics | 并且二类药品里的毒品 |
[26:15] | are stored in a safe. However, | 都是被保存在保险柜里的 但是 |
[26:17] | Mr. Guthrie ran a compounding Pharmacy | 格思里先生经营的是一家合成药房 |
[26:19] | where he received bulk quantities | 他可以接收大批量的原料 |
[26:20] | of components that could be mixed | 这些原料可以混合成 |
[26:22] | to various strengths. | 多种不同浓度的药物 |
[26:23] | That makes it more difficult | 这样就很难 |
[26:24] | to track specific amounts. | 记载每种药的数量了 |
[26:26] | Yes. we logged everything. | 对 我们记录了所有的药物 |
[26:28] | It was our own bookkeeper who brought the discrepancies | 实际上 我们是从自己的记录本上发现 |
[26:30] | to our attention. | 药物的数量记录有出入的 |
[26:31] | The numbers did not add up. | 药的数量加起来不对 |
[26:33] | I had been the bookkeeper at Guthrie’s Pharmacy | 我已经在格思里的药房工作了 |
[26:35] | for seven years. | 七年 |
[26:36] | And you spotted discrepancies | 你发现了吗啡记录 |
[26:38] | in the Opioid register. | 出了差错 |
[26:39] | and brought it to the authorities? | 你就告诉了当局 |
[26:41] | Yes, there were more prescriptions being filed | 是的 记载的处方量 |
[26:44] | than actual customers coming into the store. | 比实际来店的顾客数量要多 |
[26:46] | And this led you to believe | 这件事让你觉得 |
[26:47] | the prescriptions were being falsified? | 那些处方是伪造的对吗 |
[26:48] | Objection. Leading. | 反对 引诱问题 |
[26:49] | That’s not in the script. | 原审记录文件里没有反对的记录 |
[26:51] | It should have been | 如果格思里有个好律师 |
[26:52] | if Guthrie had a good lawyer. | 那么本应该在这里提出反对的 |
[26:53] | Objection, argumentative. | 反对 导致争论 |
[26:54] | Against who? | 反对谁 |
[26:55] | The defense lawyer is not here | 辩护律师不在场 |
[26:57] | to defend himself. | 没办法进行辩护 |
[26:58] | Well, you’re defending him poorly. | 你的辩护也够烂的 |
[27:00] | This is where I bang the gavel. | 这里我该敲法槌了 |
[27:03] | You were the arresting officer who took Mr. Guthrie | 你是那个拘留格思里先生的 |
[27:05] | – into custody? – Yes. | – 逮捕警官吗 – 是的 |
[27:07] | I’ve been a detective with the NYPD for 19 years. | 我是一个侦探 跟纽约警察局合作了十九年了 |
[27:11] | I was analyzing the paper trail | 汤米·维加被谋杀的时候 |
[27:14] | that ran through Guthrie Pharmacy. | 我负责分析格思里药房的 |
[27:16] | When Tommy Vega was murdered. | 药物书面记录 |
[27:18] | They kicked our door in during dinner. | 他们在晚饭的时候踢开了我们的门 |
[27:20] | They dragged Gordon out screaming, he was terrified. | 然后把戈登拖出去了 他吓得大叫 |
[27:24] | Special agent James… | 特别探员詹姆斯… |
[27:26] | Objection. She’s no longer FBI, she quit. | 反对 她已经不是联邦探员了 她辞职了 |
[27:29] | She was when the events took place. | 但是事件发生的时候她还在职 |
[27:31] | – What are we, time traveling now? – No. | – 我们这是在干什么 时空旅行吗 – 不 |
[27:32] | We’re in a farcical, | 我们现在处在你制造出来的 |
[27:34] | made-up universe of your own design. | 一个滑稽的 编造的世界里 |
[27:35] | What, no one else is allowed to make up rules? | 怎么 游戏规则都得听你的吗 |
[27:38] | Objection. Your Honor, I believe he’s ridiculing your Court. | 反对 法官大人 我认为他在蔑视法庭 |
[27:40] | Gavel. I will use it. | 不要让我敲法槌 |
[27:43] | Go on, Counselor. | 律师 请继续 |
[27:45] | Ms. James, you were a Decorated | 詹姆斯女士 你曾是一名称职的 |
[27:47] | Agent of the Federal Bbureau of Investigation | 联邦调查局探员 |
[27:50] | for over 12 years; You put your life on the line | 你工作了十二年以上 无数次 |
[27:52] | countless amount of times, | 将生命悬于一线 |
[27:54] | including going undercover. | 包括去做卧底 |
[27:56] | When you were assigned to Tommy Vega, | 当你被分配到汤米·维加那里做卧底时 |
[27:58] | how did you get close to him? | 你是怎么接近他的 |
[27:59] | It was my job. | 这是我的工作 |
[28:01] | The supreme challenge of undercover work | 卧底工作的巨大挑战 |
[28:02] | is not pretending. | 是不能做假 |
[28:03] | I had to find honesty. | 我必须在我为自己创造的 |
[28:05] | in the legend I’d created for myself. | 人物中找到真实性 |
[28:08] | Vega was a frightening and intimidating man. | 维加是一个令人恐惧的可怕的人 |
[28:11] | I simply allowed a part of myself | 我只是让一部分的自己在面对他的时候 |
[28:13] | to find that attractive. | 被他的这种特质吸引 |
[28:16] | Now, the night of Tommy Vega’s murder, | 那么 汤米·维加被谋杀的那晚 |
[28:19] | what did you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[28:21] | I was alone with Tommy Vega in his apartment. | 我当时一个人和汤米 维加在他的公寓里呆着 |
[28:23] | He said he had a supplier coming to see him. | 他说他有个供货商要来见面 |
[28:25] | and that he had some business to do. | 还有他有些事要办 |
[28:26] | So I excused myself to the adjoining bathroom, | 所以我就去了旁边的浴室 |
[28:29] | where I kept watch through a crack. | 我在那里通过缝隙监视着他 |
[28:31] | Vega then buzzed in his contact. | 维加当时在忙活他的联系事项 |
[28:33] | And as soon as the door opened, | 然后门一开 |
[28:34] | there was an immediate gunshot. | 我就听到了枪声 |
[28:36] | Vega was shot without a word? | 维加一句话也没说就被枪击了 |
[28:38] | Yes. The assailant stepped into the apartment. | 是的 然后那个袭击者走进来 |
[28:40] | and fired two more shots into Vega, | 又朝着维加开了两枪 |
[28:42] | who was still on the ground. | 当时维加还躺在地上 |
[28:43] | And that’s when you got a clear look at him? | 那个时候你看清了那个袭击者吗 |
[28:44] | It was Gordon Guthrie. | 是戈登·格思里 |
[28:46] | Had you known Mr. Guthrie previously? | 你之前就认识格思里先生吗 |
[28:48] | He was on my radar | 他之前是作为医药级毒品的 |
[28:50] | as a low-level supplier. | 低等级供货商 |
[28:52] | – of Pharmaceutical Grade Narcotics. – No. | – 在我的监视名单里的 – 不是的 |
[28:54] | You’re positive? | 你确定 |
[28:56] | Not a doubt in my mind. | 毫不怀疑 |
[29:00] | According to the jury scoreboard, | 我看 陪审团的意见里 |
[29:02] | it’s 12 to zero against Gordon. | 反对戈登的票数应该是十二比零 |
[29:04] | Mm. Well, Bull, | 嗯 不过 布尔 |
[29:05] | I don’t need to know the score. | 我根本不用知道陪审团的意见 |
[29:07] | to know you’re getting smoked. | 就能判断你要输了 |
[29:08] | You did a nice job teeing Danny up. | 你跟丹尼一唱一和得很不错 |
[29:10] | But don’t celebrate yet. | 不过不要高兴的太早 |
[29:11] | A decent cross will tear her apart. | 只要一点点小挫折 我就能击破她 |
[29:13] | You think I’m unreliable? | 你觉得我不可信 |
[29:14] | This jury won’t believe a word you said | 等我问过你话之后 |
[29:15] | when I’m done with you. | 陪审团不会相信你说的任何一个字 |
[29:17] | Bull? | 布尔 |
[29:18] | This professional… | 这个所谓的专业的 |
[29:19] | by the book version of you will crumble. | 严守规则的你的形象将会崩塌 |
[29:22] | Bring it on. | 放马过来 |
[29:24] | If this is you as a lawyer, | 如果你是一个律师 |
[29:26] | it’s not hard to see why you hate lawyers. | 我能想象出来为什么你恨律师了 |
[29:28] | You should’ve gotten out in front of it, Benny. | 这件事你本该出面的 本尼 |
[29:30] | Out in front of what? | 出面做什么 |
[29:31] | Bull, think twice about | 布尔 关于接下来你要对丹尼做的事 |
[29:32] | what you’re gonna do to Danny. | 你一定要三思 |
[29:34] | I have. | 我仔细考虑过了 |
[29:35] | Danny needs to resolve her past. | 丹尼需要从过去解放出来 |
[29:37] | I’m going to attack her. | 我将要攻击她 |
[29:39] | And it’s gonna help. | 这会对她有帮助的 |
[29:48] | How big was this opening in the bathroom door? | 浴室门开的缝有多大 |
[29:51] | Big enough. I was able to see through. | 足够大了 我可以透过门缝看清楚 |
[29:52] | About a one-inch opening where the door didn’t quite close. | 门没关严实的时候会有一英尺的缝 |
[29:54] | One inch? | 一英尺 |
[29:56] | So you got one eye in there. | 所以你一只眼看着 |
[29:57] | The other one was shut? | 另一只眼闭着 |
[29:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:00] | That’ll play with your depth perception. | 那将影响到你的深度知觉 |
[30:01] | So this five-year-old memory. | 还有你对这件事 |
[30:03] | You have of the event, | 长达五年的记忆 |
[30:04] | you’re aware that memories can be. | 你知道记忆是可以 |
[30:06] | Altered, right? | 被改变的 对吗 |
[30:08] | Because when you remember something, | 因为在你记住某件事时 |
[30:09] | you’re just bringing up an encoded copy of the event, | 你只能说出你对那件事的印象 |
[30:12] | not the actual event itself. | 而不是真正的事件本身 |
[30:15] | For instance, our jury this morning | 例如 我们的陪审团今早 |
[30:17] | thought they heard two explosions, | 以为他们听到了两声爆炸声 |
[30:18] | but there was only one. | 但实际上只有一声 |
[30:20] | That’s not possible, because I know what I saw. | 那不可能 因为我知道我看到的是什么 |
[30:21] | Ah, and that’s what I want to talk about. | 啊 那正是我想说的 |
[30:24] | What I was just describing is a healthy brain remembering. | 我刚才描述的是健康的大脑记忆 |
[30:27] | What kind of pharmaceuticals did you see being consumed on site? | 你在现场看到他们服用的是什么药物 |
[30:31] | Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Codeine, | 氢可酮 氧可酮 可待因 |
[30:34] | and several designer psychedelics. | 和一些流行的幻觉剂 |
[30:36] | And did you take any of these pharmaceuticals? | 那你服用过这几种药物中的任何一种吗 |
[30:45] | I can’t say. | 我不知道 |
[30:46] | Ah. Now, your role undercover | 啊 现在 你在维加 |
[30:48] | with the Vega was to be | 那里的卧底任务 |
[30:50] | something of a groupie, right? | 是装作一个狂热的追随者 对吗 |
[30:51] | And that would have meant doing drugs. | 而那就意味着你得吸毒 |
[30:54] | Otherwise, they would have been suspicious of you. | 否则 他们就会怀疑你 |
[30:56] | So I’ll ask again. | 所以我再问一次 |
[30:58] | What drugs did you do that night? | 那晚你吸的是什么毒 |
[30:59] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[31:00] | I’m asking you a simple and relevant question. | 我在问你一个简单的相关问题 |
[31:04] | Would you answer it, please? | 请问你能回答一下吗 |
[31:13] | It’s called 2C-B. | 是2C-B |
[31:16] | That’s a schedule I narcotic | 那是附件一里的 |
[31:18] | with Hallucinogenic properties. | 一种能致幻的麻醉剂 |
[31:20] | Surely, the FBI didn’t expect | 当然 美国联邦调查局没想到 |
[31:21] | you to take that drug. | 你会服用那个毒品 |
[31:23] | Couldn’t you have just faked it? | 你就不能假装服用吗 |
[31:24] | Vega put it in our drinks. | 维加把它放进了我们的酒里 |
[31:27] | Then I followed protocol, which was to induce vomiting. | 之后我遵循了治疗方案 也就是催吐 |
[31:30] | Protocol? | 治疗方案 |
[31:31] | You followed protocol? | 你遵循了治疗方案 |
[31:32] | Well, you didn’t check in with your handler, | 但你没有和操作者去报告 |
[31:34] | I think that was protocol. | 我认为那才是治疗方案 |
[31:35] | Maybe you were just too high. | 或许你当时吸完毒太兴奋了 |
[31:36] | And since the ADA didn’t trust you, | 而且因为助理地方检察官不信任你 |
[31:38] | I’m kind of wondering. | 我有点担心 |
[31:39] | Why should this court trust you? | 为什么这个法庭得信任你呢 |
[31:44] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[31:46] | Okay? I don’t care if that woman believes me, either. | 好吗 我也不在乎这个女人相不相信我 |
[31:48] | I am not her social worker, Bull. | 我不是她的社会工作者 布尔 |
[31:50] | She needs real help. Not whatever the hell it is. | 她需要真正的帮助 而不是你在做的 |
[31:53] | You think you’re doing here. | 这该死的东西 |
[31:54] | So you’re gonna quit again? | 所以你又不干了吗 |
[31:56] | This isn’t real, Bull. | 这不是真的法庭 布尔 |
[31:57] | When I found you, you left the FBI | 我找到你时 你在深受怀疑的情况下 |
[32:00] | under suspicious circumstances. | 离开了美国联邦调查局 |
[32:01] | Nobody trusted you. | 没有人相信你 |
[32:02] | I’ve told you what happened | 我已经告诉过你汤米·维加 |
[32:04] | to Tommy Vega. Now I’ve told you twice. | 遭遇了什么 现在我已经跟你说第二次了 |
[32:07] | If you don’t believe me, | 如果你不相信我 |
[32:08] | that’s on you. | 那是你的事 |
[32:09] | You didn’t tell me before today. | 今天之前你从未跟我说过这些 |
[32:12] | You never asked! | 你从没问过我 |
[32:15] | Maybe I should’ve set off a bomb to get your attention. | 或许我也该点燃一个炸弹来引起你的注意 |
[32:20] | Then maybe you’d trust me. | 然后你可能就会相信我了 |
[32:36] | Cable. How much longer? | 凯博 还要多长时间 |
[32:37] | I can’t take this. ‘Cause otherwise, | 我受不了了 因为 还有 |
[32:39] | I’m coming out. I don’t care | 我要出去 就算得穿过 |
[32:40] | if I have to walk through jagged metal. | 参差不齐的金属碎片 我也不在乎 |
[32:41] | Um… | 嗯… |
[32:42] | That’s not advisable. | 这样做是不可行的 |
[32:44] | They’re still removing debris. | 他们还在清除残渣瓦砾 |
[32:46] | You got to get me out of here. | 你必须让我出去 |
[32:47] | I am trapped in here with a crazy person. | 我和一个疯子一起被困在这里 |
[32:49] | I thought Bull had it under control. | 我以为布尔已经掌控了全局 |
[32:52] | He’s the one I’m talking about. | 他就是我说的那个疯子 |
[32:56] | Ten to two in your favor. | 十个人投无罪 两个人投有罪 |
[32:58] | Way to go. All you had to do was destroy | 干得不错 你要做的只有毁掉 |
[33:00] | your relationship ten to two in with Danny. | 你和丹尼的情谊 |
[33:02] | Laurel’s getting a verdict, Marissa. | 劳雷尔会被判罪 玛丽莎 |
[33:04] | It’s not a real verdict. It doesn’t mean anything. | 这不是真正的裁决 这没有任何意义 |
[33:06] | Yes, it does. Benny! | 不 这很有意义 本尼 |
[33:09] | You were pretty rough on Danny up there. | 你刚才对丹尼太恶劣了 |
[33:11] | I’m gonna have to clean it up on the redirect. | 我得在再询问时好好收拾一下 |
[33:13] | I need something from you. The redirect. | 你需要你的帮助 至于再询问 |
[33:15] | We’re gonna need to put a pin in that. | 我们得先缓缓 |
[33:17] | At least for now. | 至少是现在 |
[33:19] | I know it’s been a long day, but it’s important. | 我知道今天很漫长 但重要的是 |
[33:21] | to remind everyone. | 我们得提醒大家 |
[33:22] | This is about the life of a human being. | 这事关一个人的生命 |
[33:25] | Ms. Guthrie, | 格思里夫人 |
[33:26] | you never got the chance to testify | 原审期间 |
[33:28] | on your husband’s behalf | 你一直没有机会 |
[33:30] | during the original trial. | 为你的丈夫作证 |
[33:31] | What would you like us to know about him? | 你能说些什么以便我们了解他吗 |
[33:33] | Gordon’s a good man. | 戈登是个好人 |
[33:35] | We met in school. | 我们是在学校遇见的 |
[33:36] | He was very studious. | 他勤奋好学 |
[33:38] | And he took his classes seriously. | 认真对待他所有的课堂 |
[33:40] | He asked me to study with him. | 他让我跟他一起学习 |
[33:42] | And we’ve been together ever since. | 从此之后我们就一直在一起 |
[33:43] | Until five years ago. | 直到五年前 |
[33:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:46] | We lived together. We worked together. | 我们住在一起 一起工作 |
[33:48] | We were never out of each others’ sight. | 我们从未离开过彼此的视线 |
[33:50] | Never? | 从未 |
[33:51] | He would go for a walk most nights. | 只有晚上他基本都会去散步 |
[33:52] | He likes the cold air. | 他喜欢冷空气 |
[33:54] | Do you miss him? | 你想他吗 |
[33:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:58] | And since he was dragged away… | 而且自从他进了监狱… |
[34:01] | Welcome to rikers. | 欢迎来到莱克斯岛监狱 |
[34:02] | Bobby Vega, get back in your cell. | 鲍比·维加 进你的牢房去 |
[34:06] | You have been totally alone. | 你一直形单影只 |
[34:08] | With only your worst fears | 陪伴你的 |
[34:10] | to keep you company. | 只有最让你痛苦的恐惧 |
[34:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:15] | And that’s why you set off a bomb | 而那就是你在一间充满无辜者的房间里 |
[34:18] | in a room full of innocent people? | 点燃炸弹的原因 |
[34:20] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:22] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[34:23] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[34:24] | But I need help. | 但我需要帮助 |
[34:26] | Gordon needs help. | 戈登需要帮助 |
[34:27] | And I didn’t know where else to get it from. | 而我不知道除此之外还能从哪儿得到帮助 |
[34:29] | They’re gonna kill him. | 他们要杀了他 |
[34:32] | I never meant to hurt anybody. | 我从未想过要伤害谁 |
[34:45] | You’re willing to give up your freedom. | 你愿意放弃你的自由 |
[34:47] | To win his freedom. | 来赢得他的自由 |
[34:53] | You’re willing to sacrifice everything. | 你愿意牺牲一切 |
[34:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:02] | Bull? | 布尔 |
[35:03] | The robot’s done with her work. | 机器人已经完成了她的工作 |
[35:04] | A path’s been cleared. | 已经清理出一条路来了 |
[35:05] | Only a few more moments before they’re ready | 只消一会儿就能将人们 |
[35:07] | to pull people out. | 疏散出去了 |
[35:08] | The robot’s a she? | 那个机器人是的女的 |
[35:09] | Apparently. | 显然是的 |
[35:10] | But we’re in closing arguments. | 但我们的辩论马上就要结束了 |
[35:12] | It won’t be long. | 疏散工作很快就会开始 |
[35:14] | What you’ve seen here today, folks, | 今天你们在这里见识到的 朋友们 |
[35:15] | is called classic legal tactic. | 是典型的法律策略 |
[35:18] | The defense has tried to put the key eyewitness on trial. | 辩方试图让关键目击证人出庭作证 |
[35:21] | Because the facts don’t suit their narrative. | 因为事实跟他们的叙事角度不符 |
[35:26] | The only reason to question | 质疑詹姆斯特工的唯一原因 |
[35:28] | Agent James is to create doubt. | 就是要让你们对她产生怀疑 |
[35:32] | The only reason to attack her character | 而对她品格攻击的唯一原因 |
[35:34] | is to stir up ugly and distasteful emotions | 则是煽动丑陋 令人厌恶的那部分情绪 |
[35:37] | that will distract you from the simple truth. | 从而使你们偏离简单的事实 |
[35:40] | Don’t let that happen to you. | 别让他们的策略影响到你们 |
[35:42] | Find Gordon Guthrie guilty. | 裁决戈登·格思里有罪 |
[35:44] | Again. | 再一次 |
[35:50] | Each one of us experienced this day differently. | 我们每一个人对这一天的经历是不同的 |
[35:53] | And each one of you is gonna | 而你们每个人也会以不同的方式 |
[35:55] | tell the story of this day. | 跟别人讲述这一天的故事 |
[35:56] | Differently. Who’s right? | 谁才是正确的呢 |
[35:58] | Well. Subjective, right? | 人有主观性 对吗 |
[36:00] | You listened to Ms. James testimony. | 你们听了詹姆斯女士的证词 |
[36:03] | What you didn’t know is that she was under the influence | 但你们不知道的是 在她所描述的事件中 |
[36:06] | of a Hallucinogen during the event she described. | 她正受到迷幻剂的影响 |
[36:09] | Game changer. Nobody sees the world in its entirely. | 这改变了一切 没人能完整地认识这个世界 |
[36:13] | Can’t be done. | 不可能做到 |
[36:14] | Not even the best of us. | 就算我们之中的佼佼者也是如此 |
[36:19] | You have to find him not guilty. | 你们必须要裁决他无罪 |
[36:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:32] | Mr. Foreman. | 福尔曼先生 |
[36:33] | I understand the jury has reached a verdict. | 我明白陪审团已经做出了裁决 |
[36:36] | We did, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[36:37] | What say you? | 你们如何裁决 |
[36:40] | We find the defendant, | 我们认为被告 |
[36:42] | Gordon Guthrie… | 戈登·格思里… |
[36:46] | Not guilty. | 无罪 |
[36:47] | Mm! | 太好了 |
[36:50] | I can’t believe it. I told you. | 我简直不敢相信 我就跟你说他是无罪的 |
[36:51] | Okay. Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:53] | Okay! | 好了 |
[36:54] | That’s one way it could’ve gone. | 刚才是 这件案子其中一种可能的发展情况 |
[36:58] | I just shaped a narrative to get specific people. | 我刚才塑造的叙事角度是为了让特定的人们 |
[37:02] | to believe a specific version of reality. | 相信一种特定版本的事实 |
[37:05] | That’s it, that’s the last one. | 清理结束 刚才是最后一块障碍物了 |
[37:07] | And I think I just showed you that | 并且 我认为我刚才向你们展示了 |
[37:09] | even well-meaning people. | 就算是好心人 |
[37:10] | Can be blinded to the truth. | 有时也会被蒙蔽双眼 看不清真相 |
[37:12] | – What truth? – Watch your step here. | – 什么真相 – 注意脚下 |
[37:14] | Clear. | 安全了 |
[37:16] | All right, everyone. | 好了 所有人听着 |
[37:18] | It’s safe. | 已经安全了 |
[37:19] | We’ve cleared an exit. | 我们清理出了一条通道 |
[37:22] | The truth is, you don’t know Danny. | 真相就是 你们不了解丹尼 |
[37:25] | Danny would never put an innocent man in prison. | 丹尼绝不会让一个无辜的人去坐牢 |
[37:28] | This is our mock courtroom, | 这里是我们的模拟法庭 |
[37:29] | this is where is where we practice our arguments. | 我们是在这里演练我们的论点 |
[37:31] | And if I was defending you, | 如果我是在为你辩护 |
[37:33] | I would’ve said, Hey! | 我会说 太好了 |
[37:34] | This one works… | 这方法管用… |
[37:36] | What are you waiting for? | 你们在等什么 |
[37:38] | You people can go. | 你们能离开这里了 |
[37:40] | Okay, people. Come on. Let’s move. | 行了 所有人 走吧 跟我走吧 |
[37:43] | Let’s get to safety. | 转移到安全的地方去 |
[37:45] | Come on, people. | 走吧 |
[37:47] | But if I was on the side of justice, | 但如果我是在检方这边 |
[37:50] | I think I would’ve done | 在交叉提问的环节 |
[37:51] | Benny’s cross a little differently. | 我提的问题会跟本尼的不太一样 |
[37:52] | I would’ve said something like, Special Agent James. | 我会这么说 詹姆斯特工 |
[37:55] | When did Guthrie wind up on your radar? | 在你卧底期间 是什么时候注意到格思里的 |
[37:58] | He was, um, making small buys from the Vega Brothers. | 他会从维加兄弟那里买少量的毒品 |
[38:01] | And the meeting that night? | 那在他们见面那晚呢 |
[38:02] | They wanted to up their purchases. | 他们想要让他多进点毒品 |
[38:04] | They knew he had a Pharmacy, | 他们知道他有一间药店 |
[38:05] | it’d make a good front. | 这会是很好的掩饰 |
[38:06] | So, wait a minute. The Vegas had been | 那么 等等 维加兄弟是 |
[38:08] | to the Pharmacy? | 去过他的药店吗 |
[38:10] | They knew everything about the place | 他们知道药房的一切 |
[38:11] | including that he had a wife? | 包括他有个老婆吗 |
[38:16] | Would you please describe the assailant for me? | 你能给我描述一下那晚的行凶者吗 |
[38:18] | White male, mid-30s, six one. | 白人男子 三十多岁 身高一米八五 |
[38:21] | Approximately 190 pounds. | 大约一百七十斤重 |
[38:23] | – Eyes? – Brown. | – 眼睛颜色呢 – 棕色 |
[38:25] | What hand? | 哪一只手持枪 |
[38:26] | 9mm glock in his right hand. | 右手持格洛克九毫米手枪 |
[38:29] | And what was he wearing? | 那他当天穿的什么衣服 |
[38:31] | Brown corduroys, blue pea coat, | 身穿棕色灯芯绒裤 蓝色扣领短上衣 |
[38:34] | and a blue and orange knit cap | 头戴一顶蓝橙色相间的针织帽 |
[38:35] | with a logo that said New York. | 帽子上的标志写的纽约 |
[38:37] | Islanders. | 岛人队 |
[38:39] | Oh, Gordon. What did you do? | 天哪 戈登 你到底做了些什么 |
[38:43] | We define people, | 我们定义每一个人 |
[38:45] | especially those closest to us, | 尤其那些是跟我们最亲近的人 |
[38:47] | by the questions we choose to ask, | 我们只会问我们想问的问题 |
[38:49] | and the answers we choose to believe. | 只听我们想听的答案 |
[38:51] | Please raise your hand if the alterations in Danny’s testimony | 如果丹尼变更证词 会改变你们投票的人 |
[38:54] | would’ve changed your vote. | 请举起手 |
[39:01] | And there you have it. | 这样你们就明白了 |
[39:02] | Thank you for you participation today. | 感谢你们今天的参与 |
[39:05] | I know it was a challenge. | 我知道这是个挑战 |
[39:08] | And you know the real answer. | 你也得到真正的答案了 |
[39:10] | Your husband’s a killer. | 你丈夫是个杀人凶手 |
[39:13] | If it’s any consolation, | 不知这样说能不能安慰你 |
[39:14] | he probably got a lighter sentence than he deserves. | 比起他应得的 他已经算是被从轻处罚了 |
[39:17] | Payback time, Gordo. | 该还债了 戈登 |
[39:19] | Hey, look at me! | 看着我 |
[39:21] | Hey! Hey! | 跟你说话呢 |
[39:32] | And has a better chance of surviving than you think. | 他的生存机会 也许比你预想的要大很多 |
[39:35] | Take it easy. | 放轻松 |
[39:39] | You’re in trouble, | 你有麻烦了 |
[39:41] | but we’re gonna do everything we can to help you. | 但我们会尽我们所能去帮助你 |
[39:43] | I never meant to hurt anyone. | 我从没想伤害任何人 |
[39:45] | I know. But your husband did. | 我知道 但你丈夫不是这样的 |
[39:48] | He had that in him, | 他有凶残的一面 |
[39:49] | and he used all of his powers to keep you | 但是他想方设法 |
[39:52] | from seeing it. | 不让你看见他的这一面 |
[39:53] | She’s all yours, lieutenant. | 她交给你了 中尉 |
[39:56] | Go easy on her. | 别对她太狠了 |
[40:02] | Ah. This is so good. | 太棒了 |
[40:05] | Who wants a drink? | 谁想去喝一杯 |
[40:06] | I’m down. | 我肯定去 |
[40:08] | You guys aren’t sick of each other already? | 你们还没厌恶彼此吗 |
[40:09] | Freedom, | 自由 |
[40:10] | Cable. Just… | 凯博 就… |
[40:11] | Let’s indulge our freedom. | 此刻就让我们就沉浸在自由中 |
[40:14] | Bull. | 布尔 |
[40:17] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[40:18] | We’re going for a drink. | 我们去喝一杯 |
[40:23] | Hey. Did you see that? | 你看到了吗 |
[40:25] | Jurors stuck around, | 陪审员们 他们留下来 |
[40:26] | of their own volition. | 遵循的是他们自己的意志 |
[40:28] | I love it. | 我太爱这样了 |
[40:29] | I know you quit the FBI. | 我知道你离开联邦调查局 |
[40:31] | Because they couldn’t recognize the devotion | 是因为他们不认可 |
[40:33] | you bring to your work. | 你对自己工作的付出 |
[40:34] | You’re not the Bureau. | 你不是调查局 |
[40:36] | No. We’re not. | 对 我们不是 |
[40:38] | But what we do matters to people. | 但是我们做的事对人们来说很重要 |
[40:41] | And I believe in you completely. | 还有 我完全信任你 |