时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Longest ball wins. | 最长杆胜 |
[00:06] | So, don’t slice it again. | 这次别再手滑了 |
[00:08] | Mulligan, Troy. You distracted me. | 特洛伊 你害我分心了 |
[00:09] | Dad, maybe you need a new club. | 爸 也许你该换家俱乐部 |
[00:10] | Or you should try | 或者你该试试玩 |
[00:12] | – a different sport. – Keep talking. | – 别的运动 – 继续说吧 |
[00:13] | You’re almost up. | 你就快得逞了 |
[00:14] | There’s a putt-putt down the street. | 街尾刚好有一家儿童乐园 |
[00:18] | And that’s how it’s done. | 就是这样 |
[00:20] | That is gonna be tough to beat. | 这不好打败啊 |
[00:22] | This is fun. Thanks for coming. | 这挺有意思的 谢谢你能来 |
[00:24] | Feels like old times, you know? | 感觉回到了从前 |
[00:25] | You used to love coming here when you were nine. | 你九岁的时候就很喜欢来这 |
[00:26] | Yeah, I remember. | 对 我记得 |
[00:27] | I’m really glad we did this again. | 真开心我们又能一起打球了 |
[00:29] | Yeah. All right, one more for me. | 对 好了 我再打一杆 |
[00:30] | Then you’re up, hotshot. | 然后你就来吧 小伙子 |
[00:31] | See if you can hit the river, Dad. | 看你能打出多好的成绩 老爸 |
[00:32] | All right. | 好的 |
[00:36] | – Nice swing. – Thanks. | – 这杆不错 – 谢了 |
[00:38] | Order 17, Philly cheesesteak, | 十七号订单 菲力牛排 |
[00:40] | fries, medium soda. | 薯条 中杯汽水 |
[00:41] | Order 17, pick up, please. | 17号 请拿食物 |
[00:50] | Troy? | 特洛伊 |
[00:54] | Oh, my God! He’s killing him! | 天啊 他要把他打死了 |
[00:55] | Somebody stop him! | 快来人阻止他 |
[00:58] | Call 911! | 打911 |
[01:00] | Need some help! | 来人帮帮忙 |
[01:02] | Need a doctor! Anyone! | 这里需要医生 快来人 |
[01:22] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[01:23] | What’s it look like? | 这看着像什么 |
[01:26] | A midlife crisis. | 中年危机 |
[01:28] | I didn’t question you when you got a Bentley. | 你买宾利的时候我都没说什么 |
[01:31] | Well, that’s because my midlife crisis came with air bags. | 那是因为我的中年危机可有气囊保护 |
[01:36] | I’m surprised you agreed to do a psych eval on a patient. | 你同意对病人做精神评估真是没想到啊 |
[01:39] | Well, she said that I wouldn’t want to pass it up | 她说我肯定不会不管 |
[01:41] | and she knows me. | 她是了解我的 |
[01:42] | Uh-huh. She? | 哎哟 是位女士 |
[01:44] | Yeah, Dr. Levin. | 对 勒雯医生 |
[01:46] | She handles the interesting patients. | 经她手的都是些不一样的病人 |
[01:48] | A man who mistook his wife for a hat, that sort of thing. | 比如把老婆当成老鼠的男人这种的 |
[01:51] | Hey, Bull, | 布尔 |
[01:53] | I know why you asked me to meet you here today. | 我知道你今天为什么约我在这见 |
[01:55] | Oh, good. That saves time. | 那就好 省时间了 |
[01:57] | I’m glad. | 我很开心 |
[01:58] | I want you to know that I heard what you said | 我想让你知道 我知道你对我集体诉讼案的 |
[02:00] | about my behavior during the class action suit | 行为评价是什么了 |
[02:03] | and you’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[02:05] | I was off my game. | 我当时是不在状态 |
[02:06] | But I’m back. And better. | 但是我现在回归了 状态更好了 |
[02:09] | I’m just ready to jump right back on that horse. | 我以及准备好马力全开了 |
[02:14] | Then why’d you buy a bike? | 那你不买匹马买辆摩托干什么 |
[02:21] | Oh, Amy? | 艾米 |
[02:22] | Jason. And you must be Benny. | 杰森 你一定就是本尼了 |
[02:25] | Amy’s the head of forensic psychiatry. | 艾米是司法精神病学主任 |
[02:28] | Ah, tough job. | 这工作不容易啊 |
[02:29] | Given our country’s current mental state, | 考虑到我们国家目前的精神状态 |
[02:31] | I will never be out of work. | 我是永远都不会失业的 |
[02:32] | How’s the private sector treating you? | 在私企干的怎么样 |
[02:34] | I drive a Bentley. | 我现在开的是宾利 |
[02:36] | I hope you’re still finding time to bake. | 希望你还有时间烘焙 |
[02:38] | – Bull bakes? – He doesn’t know about | – 布尔还烘焙呢 – 他不知道 |
[02:40] | “Better than Robert Redford”? | “强过罗伯特·雷德福”吗 |
[02:41] | Uh, I do not. | 不直到 |
[02:43] | It’s this amazing dessert that Jason used to | 这是杰森以前在周五总带的 |
[02:44] | bring in on Fridays. | 一道特别好吃的甜品 |
[02:46] | Kind of half pie, half pudding. | 类似一半派一半布丁的东西 |
[02:47] | You know, my birthday’s coming up next month. | 我的生日下个月就到了 |
[02:49] | I’m not baking you a cake. | 我是不会给你做蛋糕的 |
[02:51] | So, tell us about this patient of yours. | 给我们说说你的这个病人吧 |
[02:53] | Troy Dickerson is 25 years old. | 特洛伊·迪克森 25岁 |
[02:56] | Graduated from NYU… | 纽约大学毕业 |
[02:58] | good grades, popular, athletic. | 成绩优异 受人欢迎 运动健将 |
[03:00] | And then, a few months ago, | 几个月前 |
[03:01] | he enrolled in the Lumansic Academy. | 他加入了卢曼思克学院 |
[03:03] | Lumansic? I’ve heard of it. | 卢曼思克 听过 |
[03:05] | It’s a cult. | 那就是个异教团体 |
[03:06] | It’s an alternative learning center. | 那是一个弹性学习中心 |
[03:08] | Yes. Which means it’s a cult. | 对 所以是个异教团体 |
[03:09] | How did Troy end up here? | 特洛伊是怎么进来的 |
[03:12] | He was charged with murdering his father | 他三天前被指控 |
[03:14] | three nights ago. | 谋杀父亲 |
[03:16] | At his arraignment, Troy plead not guilty. | 提审他的时候特洛伊称自己无罪 |
[03:18] | The judge ordered a competency evaluation. | 法官决定对他进行胜任素质测评 |
[03:20] | Assessment? | 评估结果呢 |
[03:21] | I think he thinks he’s telling the truth. | 我觉得他自己认为他说的是真话 |
[03:25] | There’s just one problem. | 只是有一个问题 |
[03:29] | So, that’s Troy. | 这就是特洛伊吧 |
[03:31] | And that’s his father, Clint, at the tee. | 那是他父亲克林特 在球座那 |
[03:34] | His demeanor shifted. | 他的行为发生了变化 |
[03:36] | I noticed it, too. | 我也注意到了 |
[03:38] | He’s dissociating. | 他开始分裂意识了 |
[03:41] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[03:44] | He attacked him out of nowhere. | 他就这么突然袭击了自己的父亲 |
[03:47] | The head injuries Clint sustained were fatal. | 克林特的脑部受伤是致命的 |
[03:49] | I’m assuming Troy doesn’t have any memory of the incident. | 我想特洛伊完全不记得了吧 |
[03:52] | No, he doesn’t. | 对 不记得了 |
[03:54] | He’s mentally blocked it. | 他的精神屏蔽了 |
[03:55] | It may be | 也许 |
[03:56] | psychologically damaging for him to remember. | 他要是记忆的话对产生心理伤害 |
[03:58] | We’ve done lie detector, FMRI and several sessions. | 我们进行了测谎 核磁共振 还有其他的一些 |
[04:02] | Look, whether he claims to remember or not, | 听着 不管他说自己记不记得 |
[04:05] | it’s obvious that he killed his father. | 这都很明显是杀了自己的父亲 |
[04:07] | What’s not obvious is why. | 但是原因还不得而知 |
[04:09] | No history of violence. | 没有暴力史 |
[04:12] | Has Troy seen the video? | 特洛伊看过这段视频了吗 |
[04:13] | No. | 没有 |
[04:16] | Anyone got a quarter? | 谁有硬币吗 |
[04:19] | Fun fact… | 跟你说个有意思的事 |
[04:20] | There are no U.S. quarters dated 1933. | 美国的硬币没有1933年的 |
[04:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:28] | Maybe I oversold the “fun” part. | 可能这没我说的那么有意思 |
[04:31] | But I’ll bet you $20 you can’t tell me the date | 但我赌20块的你也说不出 |
[04:34] | on this quarter. | 这上面的日期 |
[04:35] | How is this supposed to help me? | 这对我有什么用吗 |
[04:37] | Why are you here, Troy? | 你为什会在这 特洛伊 |
[04:40] | They… | 他们 |
[04:43] | say I killed my father. | 说我杀了我父亲 |
[04:45] | Did you? | 你有吗 |
[04:46] | No. | 没有 |
[04:47] | I would never do that. | 我永远不会做出这种事 |
[04:49] | I loved my dad. | 我爱我父亲 |
[04:52] | So, you and Bull used to work together. | 你和布尔以前一起工作啊 |
[04:56] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[04:59] | Just tell me the date on the quarter. | 告诉我这硬币上的日期 |
[05:01] | I can’t when it’s spinning like that. | 这转的这么快我看不清 |
[05:03] | Try. Look closer. | 试一试 贴近看 |
[05:06] | It’s an eye fixation induction. | 这是目光固定诱导 |
[05:09] | A way to test a person’s ability to transition | 一种测试受试人 |
[05:12] | into an altered mental state of relaxation. | 精神放松状态的测试 |
[05:16] | Just keep looking at it. | 盯着别动 |
[05:17] | In fact, | 而且 |
[05:18] | look right through it. | 要看透这枚硬币 |
[05:21] | The longer you look at it, | 看的时间越久 |
[05:23] | the more you can’t look away. | 你就越挪不开眼 |
[05:26] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[05:27] | Keep focusing on the quarter. | 注意力集中在这枚硬币上 |
[05:32] | Tell me about your father. | 跟我说说你的父亲 |
[05:35] | They say I killed him. | 他们说我杀了他 |
[05:39] | But I don’t remember. | 但我不记得 |
[05:41] | I want you to try. | 我要你努力记 |
[05:43] | I have. Every day. | 我努力了 每天都努力 |
[05:48] | It’s gone. | 都不见了 |
[05:53] | He’s gone. | 他不在了 |
[05:56] | Why can’t I remember? | 我为什么记不起来 |
[05:59] | What’s wrong with me? | 我到底怎么了 |
[06:06] | We’re gonna figure this out… together. | 我们会解决的 一起解决 |
[06:12] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[06:15] | We’re taking this case. | 这案子我们接了 |
[06:16] | I thought you were just evaluating him, Bull. | 我以为你只是要给他做评估呢 布尔 |
[06:18] | You saw the video. He did it. | 你也看到监控了 是他干的 |
[06:20] | What I saw on that video | 我在录像里看到的 |
[06:21] | confirms what I saw in that room: | 也证实了我在那间屋子里看到的 |
[06:23] | a young man who is highly susceptible to hypnotism | 一个极度容易受到催眠术 |
[06:27] | and verbal triggers. | 以及语言触发的年轻人 |
[06:28] | Troy is not guilty of this crime. | 这宗犯罪不是特洛伊的错 |
[06:31] | He was brainwashed to kill. | 是有人给他洗脑教他下手 |
[06:41] | You are getting very sleepy. | 你会变得昏昏欲睡 |
[06:45] | Your screen’s filthy and it smells like peanut butter. | 你的屏幕好脏 闻着还像花生酱 |
[06:47] | Come on, concentrate. I paid 99 cents for this app. | 配合一下 集中注意 我可花了99美分买这应用 |
[06:49] | Okay, hypnosis doesn’t work. | 行了 催眠就是骗人的 |
[06:51] | Oh, yes, it does work. | 谁说的 随眠是有用的 |
[06:53] | I know that it can be used to stop smoking | 我知道催眠可以用来戒烟 |
[06:55] | or lose weight, but murder? | 或者减肥 但是谋杀 |
[06:57] | I saw a hypnotist at amagic show once, and he told me | 我在魔术表演上见过一个催眠大师 他告诉我 |
[06:59] | no one’ll ever do anything that they don’t want to do. | 没人会做自己不愿意做的事 |
[07:01] | And that is why we don’t base our defense | 所以我们才不会用魔术 |
[07:03] | on magic shows, Cable. | 来断案 凯博 |
[07:04] | The human mind is pliable. | 人的心智是可塑的 |
[07:06] | And what we want can be manipulated | 我们的所需所想是会被操纵的 |
[07:09] | depending on the vulnerability of the subject | 这要取决于受控主体的脆弱程度 |
[07:11] | and the skills of the hypnotist. | 以及催眠大师的技术娴熟程度 |
[07:13] | So, what’s our strategy? | 那我们什么策略 |
[07:15] | I say let’s try to plead down to manslaughter. | 要我说我们就辩护成过失杀人 |
[07:17] | No. | 不 |
[07:18] | Troy Dickerson isn’t responsible for killing his father. | 杀死父亲不是特洛伊·迪克森的责任 |
[07:20] | He was psychologically kidnapped. | 他是被精神绑架了 |
[07:22] | We will plead not guilty by reason of insanity. | 我们通过精神原因辩护无罪 |
[07:25] | But Troy has no history of insanity. | 但是特洛伊没有精神病史啊 |
[07:27] | I mean, he’s not insane, is he? | 我是说 他又没疯 对吧 |
[07:29] | Temporarily. | 暂时的 |
[07:30] | To prove insanity, all we have to do | 为了证明他的精神问题 我们只需要 |
[07:32] | is show that Troy was not in control of his actions | 证明特洛伊无法在谋杀父亲那一刻 |
[07:34] | – at the time of the crime. – I don’t know. | – 控制自己的行为 – 我不知道 |
[07:36] | Juries aren’t gonna look at Troy and think he’s insane. | 陪审团是不会看着特洛伊就觉得他精神有问题 |
[07:38] | And they will see him kill his father in cold blood. | 他们只会看见他冷血的谋杀了自己的父亲 |
[07:42] | It’s gonna be impossible to convince them | 说服他们相信特洛伊没有责任 |
[07:43] | that Troy’s not responsible. | 简直就是不可能 |
[07:44] | Troy was in an altered state when he killed his father. | 特洛伊杀父的时候不是自己 |
[07:46] | He had no idea what he was doing. | 他不知道自己在干什么 |
[07:48] | The person who hypnotized him is responsible. | 负责任的是那个催眠他的人 |
[07:52] | So, someone just told him to commit murder at 6:41 p.m. | 所以是有人告诉他下午6点41杀人吗 |
[07:56] | There was a trigger, a word, | 有一个触发点 一个词 |
[07:59] | a sound, a color, | 或是一种声音 一个颜色 |
[08:01] | an object. | 一个物体 |
[08:02] | Cable and Benny, I’d like you to break down | 凯博和本尼 你们去找出 |
[08:04] | everything that Troy came into contact with. | 一切与特洛伊有联系的东西 |
[08:07] | We find the trigger, | 找出这个触发点 |
[08:08] | we find the real killer. | 我们就能找出凶手 |
[08:12] | Hey, Bull? | 布尔 |
[08:13] | So, who do you have in mind for a defense lawyer? | 辩护律师你想选谁 |
[08:16] | Are you curious or campaigning? | 你是纯好奇还是毛遂自荐 |
[08:18] | Both. | 都有 |
[08:19] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉来晚了 |
[08:20] | Benny, you remember Reed Kenwood. | 本尼 你还记得 瑞德·肯伍德吧 |
[08:22] | – Yeah. The, uh, medical marijuana case. – Yes. | – 对 那个医用大麻案 – 没错 |
[08:25] | You guys really nailed the strategy on that one, | 你们那次的策略真是绝了 |
[08:26] | but this… | 但是这次 |
[08:28] | I’ve always wanted to try an insanity defense. | 我一直都想试试精神辩护呢 |
[08:30] | – Good. – Oh, Reed, welcome. | – 很好 – 瑞德 欢迎 |
[08:32] | We’re just getting started on the juror profiles. | 我们刚刚开始看陪审团的资料 |
[08:34] | Excuse me. | 我先去了 |
[08:35] | Have fun. | 好好玩 |
[08:36] | Reed? Really? | 瑞德 不是吧 |
[08:39] | Yeah. He’s worked for us in the past and frankly, | 没错 他以前也给我们干过活 而且说实话 |
[08:41] | we need to put a believer in front of this jury. | 我们得让陪审团看到一个相信的人吧 |
[08:44] | Eh, what makes you think that Reed believes in hypnosis? | 你怎么就知道瑞德相信催眠呢 |
[08:47] | What makes you think I’m talking about hypnosis? | 你怎么就知道我们说的是催眠呢 |
[08:50] | Well, if not that, then what? | 如果不是 那是什么 |
[08:52] | I don’t think you’re really back yet. | 我不觉得你已经回归状态了 |
[08:54] | I’ll give you a call when we’re representing a biker gang. | 等啥时候有摩托车帮案子了 我就给你打电话 |
[09:07] | Troy and his dad have been coming here since he was a kid. | 特洛伊小时候就和他父亲来这打球了 |
[09:10] | I have no idea what got into him. | 真不知道特洛伊中了什么邪 |
[09:11] | Those cameras… | 那些摄像头 |
[09:13] | did they record the murder? | 录下谋杀的时候了吗 |
[09:14] | Yeah, but they all show the same thing. | 没错 但是内容都是一样的 |
[09:16] | Troy killed his father with a four iron. | 特洛伊用球杆杀了他父亲 |
[09:18] | Is anyone disputing that? | 有人有异议吗 |
[09:19] | Kind of. Would you mind sharing | 有点 你介意 |
[09:22] | a copy of all the footage? | 把监控录像给我们拷一份吗 |
[09:23] | Uh, sorry, man. I don’t know you, so, | 抱歉伙计 我不认识你 所以 |
[09:25] | not without a warrant. | 没有搜查令不行 |
[09:27] | Come on. I’m trying to help Troy. | 别啊 我只是想帮特洛伊 |
[09:29] | The police were only given one angle. | 警方只给我们一个角度的录像 |
[09:31] | We’re looking for a potential trigger | 我们想找是什么触发了特洛伊 |
[09:33] | or something that may have set Troy off. | 或者让他失常的东西 |
[09:35] | These different camera angles may help explain what happened. | 那些不同角度的监控器也许能帮忙 |
[09:38] | Yeah, which means you can come back | 对 所以你们要拿着 |
[09:40] | with a warrant. Excuse me. | 搜查令来要监控 抱歉 |
[09:43] | That computer’s not password protected. | 这电脑没有设密码 |
[09:45] | I can get the footage in less than 60 seconds. | 我一分钟就能搞定这些监控录像 |
[09:47] | Just cover me, partner. | 掩护我 搭档 |
[09:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:52] | – Anything else? – Yes. | – 还有事吗 – 是的 |
[09:54] | While I’m here, I might as well get a few swings in. | 我来都来了 不如打几杆 |
[09:57] | Would you mind setting me up? | 介意帮我办一下吗 |
[10:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:23] | For you… | 给你 |
[10:24] | That should do it. | 这应该行了 |
[10:26] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[10:27] | – Yeah, it’s nice. – All right, anything else? | – 对 这不错 – 好 还要什么吗 |
[10:29] | – Hey, oh, thank you. – You good? | – 嘿 谢谢 – 你没事吧 |
[10:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:31] | Uh, w-wait, wait. | 等等 |
[10:32] | Uh, where do I get the balls? | 我要从哪买球呢 |
[10:38] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[10:44] | You get it? | 拿到了吗 |
[10:46] | Ace in the hole. | 小菜一碟 |
[10:48] | Don’t be offended, | 别生气 |
[10:49] | but I’m taking the subway back to work. | 不过我要做地铁上班了 |
[10:51] | Come on, you know you liked being on the back of my bike. | 得了 你明明喜欢搭我的摩托车 |
[10:53] | Yeah, as long as you’re not driving. | 对 只要开车的不是你 |
[10:56] | I am so proud of each and every one of you. | 我为在座每一位感到骄傲 |
[10:59] | You have taken the first step | 你们已经卖出了第一步 |
[11:01] | on a long and luminous journey | 正在通往一段漫长明亮的旅程 |
[11:04] | towards realizing your potential. | 终点就是你们的无限潜能 |
[11:06] | I’m Thornton Grey. | 我是索尔顿·盖里 |
[11:09] | Founder of the Lumansic Academy. | 卢曼思克学院创始人 |
[11:11] | My daughter Rachel | 我的女儿 瑞秋 |
[11:13] | and I started this learning center two years ago | 和我在两年前开办了这个学习中心 |
[11:16] | with one goal in mind: | 我们只有一个目标 |
[11:20] | you. | 就是你 |
[11:21] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[11:23] | Yes, all of you, because, here, | 没错 所有人 因为在这 |
[11:25] | we’re all family. | 我们就是一家人 |
[11:27] | Seriously? | 不是吧 |
[11:28] | This guy’s a talking fortune cookie. | 这家伙在这光扯淡 |
[11:30] | No, I see the appeal. | 没有 我看到这魅力所在了 |
[11:32] | Well, he’s passionate,he oozes charisma. | 他富有激情 |
[11:34] | And he puts on a great presentation. | 展示做的也相当好 |
[11:38] | You’re not really buying into this nonsense, are you? | 你不是真的听进去这套鬼话了吧 |
[11:40] | What matters is that Troy bought into it. | 重要的是特洛伊听进去了 |
[11:43] | – That’s why we’re here. – Right. | – 所以我们才要来这 – 对 |
[11:45] | Now how does that sound to everybody? | 现在大家感觉怎能样 |
[11:51] | Hi, Benny. | 嗨 本尼. |
[11:52] | Hi, Amy. | 嗨 艾米 |
[11:55] | – Is Dr. Bull around? – He stepped out. | – 布尔博士在吗 – 他出去了 |
[11:57] | He’ll be back soon. | 一会就回了 |
[12:00] | Cruiser or sport bike? | 这是巡航车还是运动摩托 |
[12:01] | Sport bike. | 运动摩托 |
[12:04] | You know your motorcycles. | 你还真是了解摩托 |
[12:05] | Oh, my ex-husband used to restore old Harleys. | 我前夫以前总爱收集旧哈雷 |
[12:08] | Good memories… | 美好的回忆啊 |
[12:10] | of the bikes. | 我是说摩托 |
[12:12] | My husband, well,try to forget him every day. | 我前夫 我每天都想着怎么能忘了他 |
[12:16] | So, you and Bull started dating after the divorce | 那你和布尔是离婚以后开始约会的 |
[12:19] | Ah, you thought that Jason and I…? No. | 你以为我和杰森 不是 |
[12:23] | Our relationship has always been professional. | 我们的关系从来都只是职业上的 |
[12:26] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:27] | I, uh, misread that. | 我误会了 |
[12:28] | I can see why you and Dr. Bull get along. | 我知道你和布尔博士为什么能合得来了 |
[12:30] | You’re very quick with deductions. | 你们推理做的还都是迅速 |
[12:33] | I can see why you and Dr. Bull are friends. | 我知道你和布尔博士为什么能当朋友了 |
[12:35] | Always observing. | 总是在观察 |
[12:41] | Are those part of the Dickerson case? | 这是迪克森案子的吗 |
[12:42] | Yes. | 对 |
[12:45] | These are drawings Troy made. | 这是特洛伊画的 |
[12:47] | Looks like a trident. | 看着像个三叉戟 |
[12:50] | He also made these. | 他还画了这些 |
[12:51] | When did he start doing this? | 什么时候开始的 |
[12:53] | Right after you and Bull came to see him. | 就在你和布尔看过他以后 |
[12:55] | You think it’s got something to do with his father’s murder? | 你觉得这和他父亲的谋杀案有关吗 |
[12:57] | Yes. | 没错 |
[12:58] | Problem is | 但问题是 |
[13:00] | Troy doesn’t know what these drawings mean. | 特洛伊自己并不知道这些画有什么含义 |
[13:02] | It’s what we call “a glitch in the matrix.” | 我们称这种情况为”矩阵故障” |
[13:06] | It occurs when somebody has been programmed | 有人被设计好 |
[13:08] | to forget an event, | 忘记一件事的时候就会这样 |
[13:09] | but their mind is desperately trying to remember. | 但是他们的意识却非常渴望记起来 |
[13:17] | So, I’ve reviewed the surveillance footage | 我已经看过切尔西·皮尔斯俱乐部那的监控了 |
[13:19] | from Chelsea Piers, and in the minutes | 谋杀前的时间 |
[13:21] | leading up to the murder, I don’t see Troy talk to anybody | 特洛伊没有和任何人交流 |
[13:23] | but his father. | 只有他父亲 |
[13:24] | See if this triggers anything. | 看看这能触发什么吗 |
[13:28] | A trident. | 一个三叉戟 |
[13:30] | Like the spear of Poseidon? | 就是波塞冬用的那种吗 |
[13:33] | Uh, the gum? | 口香糖吗 |
[13:35] | – Oh, the missile. – Let’s… try to narrow it down | – 是导弹 – 再缩小范围 |
[13:39] | to things relevant to Troy’s life. | 缩小到和特洛伊生活有关的 |
[13:41] | Well, maybe Troy’s secretly the god of the sea | 说不定特洛伊是微服私访的海神 |
[13:43] | who enjoys fresh breath and nuclear-armed | 他就喜欢清新口气还有 |
[13:44] | submarine-launched ballistic weapons. | 核潜艇弹道武器 |
[13:47] | Follow that lead last. | 你就继续扯吧 |
[13:51] | Our biggest challenge will be to convince the jurors | 我们最大的挑战是让陪审团相信 |
[13:53] | that hypnotism is real. | 催眠术是真的 |
[13:55] | So… how do we do that? | 那 我们怎么办 |
[13:58] | We hypnotize them. | 我们要催眠他们 |
[13:59] | Wait, you’re suggesting we actually hypnotize them? | 你是说我们真的去催眠他们吗 |
[14:02] | I’m suggesting | 我是说 |
[14:03] | the power of suggestion. | 建议的力量 |
[14:06] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[14:07] | as part of the voir dire process, | 作为审查陪审团的其中一个过程 |
[14:09] | I’m hoping you all can… help settle a debate | 我希望大家能帮我断断案 |
[14:12] | I’m having with my girlfriend. | 我和我女朋友为一件事争执不下 |
[14:15] | Think they’ll buy this? | 你觉得他们会信吗 |
[14:17] | Maybe not the girlfriend part. | 可能不信他有女朋友 |
[14:20] | She says this candle smells like vanilla. | 她说这个蜡烛是香草味的 |
[14:23] | I think it smells like sandalwood. | 但我觉得是檀香的 |
[14:26] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[14:29] | Um, I’m not really sure. | 我不确定 |
[14:33] | Ma’am, what about you? | 女士 你觉得呢 |
[14:37] | Vanilla. | 香草 |
[14:39] | Definitely vanilla, right? | 绝对是香草 对吧 |
[14:42] | Yeah, she’s right, it’s vanilla. | 对 没错 是香草 |
[14:45] | Jurors four and five are keepers. | 四五号陪审员可以留 |
[14:48] | It’s unscented. | 这是没有味道的 |
[14:49] | Neither vanilla… | 既不是香草 |
[14:51] | nor sandawood. | 也不是檀香 |
[14:53] | Hmm. The power of suggestion. | 建议的力量 |
[14:55] | How many of you own a gun? | 在座各位有谁拥有枪支 |
[14:59] | Prosecution wants gun owners | 诉讼方想要有枪的 |
[15:01] | because, statistically, they’re tough on crime, | 因为从数据上看 他们痛恨犯罪 |
[15:03] | but if we set the narrative right, | 但是如果我们的陈述说得对 |
[15:05] | gun owners will sympathize with Troy. | 这些拥有枪的陪审员就会同情特洛伊 |
[15:07] | And they’ll see him as the gun, | 他们会把特洛伊视为是这把枪 |
[15:09] | and the person who hypnotized him | 而真正扣下扳机的 |
[15:11] | as the one who pulled the trigger. | 是背后催眠他的人 |
[15:13] | ‘Cause gun owners don’t blame the gun. | 因为持枪者从不怪罪枪 |
[15:17] | Yeah. Stop smiling. | 对 别笑了 |
[15:19] | All five jurors are acceptable to the prosecution. | 诉讼方接受五位陪审员 |
[15:23] | acceptable to the defense. | 辩方也接受 |
[15:35] | Hello, there. | 你好 |
[15:36] | Oatmeal. | 燕麦片 |
[15:38] | Good choice. | 选的不错 |
[15:39] | Oh, I’m feeling very confident about it. | 我觉得我选的很好 |
[15:41] | Are you always confident about your choices? | 你总是对自己的选择这么有信心吗 |
[15:44] | If every choice were as easy as this… | 如果每个选择都能和这个一样容易的话 |
[15:47] | Oh, but they can be, | 当然可以 |
[15:49] | once you’re at peace with who you are. | 只要你接受自己的真实样子 |
[15:53] | I guess I’ve made a few left turns along the way. | 那我猜我是走了不少弯路了 |
[15:57] | Ah, who hasn’t? Right. | 谁不是呢 |
[15:59] | You do seem a little restless. | 你看上去有些不安 |
[16:02] | Have you changed careers recently? | 最近换工作了吗 |
[16:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:06] | Yeah, I have. | 没错我是换了 |
[16:08] | I started out in sports | 我最开始是搞体育的 |
[16:09] | and then moved into the fashion industry, | 后来又进了时尚业 |
[16:11] | and now I mostly consult on other people’s appearance. | 现在基本在做服装建议 |
[16:14] | Appearance? | 服装啊 |
[16:15] | What you see on the outside | 那就是你所见的外表 |
[16:17] | versus what’s really going on inside, hmm? | 与真实的内心这种是吧 |
[16:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:23] | I’d like to understand what that means to you. | 我还想再多了解一下 |
[16:27] | Excuse me? You’re, uh, you’re Rachel, right? | 不好意思 你是瑞秋吧 |
[16:31] | Yes. Hi. | 是的 你好 |
[16:32] | Hi, I was in the audience | 你好 我之前在观众席里 |
[16:33] | for your dad’s speech. | 听你父亲的演讲 |
[16:35] | It was so good, and, uh… | 将的太好了 |
[16:37] | I’m submitting an application. | 我正在提交入会申请呢 |
[16:39] | Well, we love hearing that. | 那就太好了 |
[16:42] | You know, this place isn’t at all what I thought. | 这地方和我想象的完全不一样 |
[16:44] | What were you expecting? | 你以为是什么样 |
[16:45] | Well, you know, all that stuff online about… | 就是 网上的那些东西 |
[16:47] | about Lumansic being a cult. | 说这里是异教组织 |
[16:48] | And that guy killing his father. | 还有那个杀死自己父亲的人 |
[16:52] | – Troy, yes. – Did you, did you know him? | – 特洛伊 没错 – 你认识他吗 |
[16:54] | I did. | 我认识 |
[16:55] | And I really liked him. | 我真的还挺喜欢他的 |
[16:57] | My dad and I oversee all the first-year students ourselves, | 我父亲和我会负责一年级的学生 |
[16:59] | and Dad saw something really special in Troy | 我父亲在特洛伊身上看到了不一样的东西 |
[17:03] | He was trying to help him. | 他是想帮他 |
[17:05] | Never mind all the news. | 不用理会那些新闻 |
[17:07] | They just want to sell stories. | 他们只想夺眼球 |
[17:08] | Here, we zone all of that out | 在这里 我们不用受到影响 |
[17:10] | and try to make ourselves better people. | 只去努力成为更好的自己 |
[17:14] | What do you do? | 怎么样 |
[17:16] | So, Mr. Grey’s daughter said that | 盖里的女儿说 |
[17:18] | he took a particular interest in our client. | 他对特洛伊格外有兴趣 |
[17:20] | Thornton is the kind of guy that takes an interest | 索尔顿那种人 |
[17:22] | in everyone. | 对谁都有兴趣 |
[17:23] | “Thornton”? | 索尔顿 |
[17:25] | You spoke with him? | 你和他聊过了 |
[17:26] | Yeah, on my tour. | 对 参观的时候 |
[17:29] | You-You got a tour? They… | 你还去参观了 他们 |
[17:31] | they told me I’d have to call to schedule one. | 他们告诉我要带电话安排 |
[17:34] | – Weird – More like rude. | – 奇怪 – 我看这是没礼貌吧 |
[17:35] | They lied to me. | 他们骗我 |
[17:37] | Hot date? | 约会对象吗 |
[17:39] | Indeed. Lumansic. | 对 卢曼思克那边打的 |
[17:41] | Thornton wants me to come to the orientation class tomorrow. | 索尔顿想让我去明天的迎新课 |
[17:45] | They are totally recruiting him. | 他们绝对在招募他 |
[17:46] | And they’re not giving me the time of day. | 结果连个时间都不告诉我 |
[17:47] | Danny, they got a whiff of your skepticism, | 丹尼 你表现出了怀疑 |
[17:49] | and they don’t want to take any chances. | 他们可不想冒一点风险 |
[17:50] | And, Chunk, they saw you as open-minded | 特朗科 他们把你视为一个开放 |
[17:53] | and inquisitive. | 又好奇的人呢 |
[17:54] | They like the cut of your jib. | 他们就喜欢你这样的 |
[17:56] | Thank you? | 我谢谢你 |
[17:57] | Congratulations, you’re joining a cult. | 恭喜了 你加入了异教了 |
[18:00] | Now, please don’t kill us. | 求你别杀我们 |
[18:09] | Okay, Reed, all set to go? | 好了 瑞德 都好了吗 |
[18:11] | Uh… but I thought Benny was… | 但是我还以为本尼 |
[18:13] | I’m gonna deliver the opening to our mock jury. | 模拟陪审团的开场由我负责 |
[18:17] | Test out our theory about Thornton Grey. | 测试一下我们对索尔顿·盖里的推测 |
[18:19] | Reed’s trying the case. | 这案子是瑞德要负责的 |
[18:20] | Mock courtroom is my domain. | 模拟陪审团是我的专职 |
[18:22] | Let me take a shot. | 让我来 |
[18:23] | Okay, show me. | 好吧 那就开始吧 |
[18:32] | Now, these facts aren’t in dispute, right? | 现在这些因素都是有争议的 对吧 |
[18:35] | You don’t have to decide whether or not Troy killed his father. | 各位不必决定特洛伊杀没杀他父亲 |
[18:39] | But you do have to decide whether or not | 但是你们要决定他在事故发生时 |
[18:41] | he lacked the ability to control his actions | 是不是缺乏 |
[18:45] | during the incident. | 控制自己行为的能力 |
[18:47] | We’re gonna prove that Troy | 我们要证明特洛伊 |
[18:50] | was manipulated to kill his father by Thornton Grey, | 是被索尔顿·盖里控制杀父的 |
[18:54] | the leader of a cult camouflaged | 就是异教团的领导人 |
[18:58] | as an elite institution for higher education. | 一个伪装成接受高等教育的精英机构的邪教 |
[19:00] | Where former students reported being subjected to | 当以前的学生 |
[19:03] | ritual indoctrination. | 受制于他们的宗教灌输时 |
[19:05] | Where they were encouraged to cut off family ties, | 他们就会被鼓励与家人切断联系 |
[19:07] | and attended hypnotherapy sessions | 参加催眠课程 |
[19:10] | to control their behavior. | 进而控制行为 |
[19:12] | The mock jurors’ readings spiked when Benny mentioned the tactics | 模拟陪审团在本尼提到卢曼思克用到的方法时 |
[19:15] | that Lumansic has been using. | 表现出了支持 |
[19:16] | But that is the good news. | 但是这是好消息 |
[19:18] | And the bad news? | 那坏消息呢 |
[19:19] | Even though the jurors believe that Thornton Grey | 就算陪审团相信索尔顿·盖里 |
[19:21] | had the skill and opportunity to hypnotize Troy, | 有能力也有机会催眠特洛伊 |
[19:24] | they don’t yet believe he had ample motive | 他们也不相信他有足够动机 |
[19:25] | to kill Troy’s father. | 谋杀特洛伊的父亲 |
[19:27] | Yeah, I may have a lead on that. | 对 我在这上可能有点线索 |
[19:28] | So, I looked into Troy’s father’s bank records | 我查了特洛伊父亲的银行记录 |
[19:30] | and it turns out he was, uh, he was paying | 发现他以前 |
[19:32] | for Troy’s tuition at Lumansic to the tune of 25 grand. | 给特洛伊在卢曼思克支付了25000的学费 |
[19:35] | Maybe his dad threatened | 也许他父亲威胁 |
[19:37] | to cut off the payments. | 要停止支付学费了 |
[19:38] | I mean, Thornton would’ve lost a lot of money. | 我是说 索尔顿这样就会损失一笔钱 |
[19:40] | Money is a motive for murder. | 钱确实是一个动机 |
[19:41] | Troy was one student; | 特洛伊只是其中一个学生 |
[19:43] | his tuition wasn’t gonna make or break the school. | 他的学费不足以让学校破产 |
[19:45] | Just keep digging. | 继续查吧 |
[19:50] | Patty Hearst. | 帕蒂·赫斯特 |
[19:51] | Big day. | 今天是大日子啊 |
[19:52] | Actually, I was thinking more Donnie Brasco. | 其实 我现在想的更多的是《忠奸人》 |
[19:55] | How you want me to play this when I go in? | 你想让我去的时候怎么办 |
[19:58] | Well, don’t overthink it; you were chosen for a reason. | 你别想太多 你被选上是有原因的 |
[20:01] | Cults, like Lumansic, target people | 异教 像卢曼思克这种的 会针对 |
[20:03] | who are searching for meaning. | 那些寻找生命意义的人 |
[20:05] | Some people are curious, | 有的人好奇 |
[20:06] | others have… lost direction in their lives. | 有的 会失去方向 |
[20:11] | They can be very seductive, Chunk. | 他们会很有诱惑力 特朗科 |
[20:13] | You think I’m gonna go native? | 你觉得我真就会陷进去 |
[20:15] | Come on, Bull. | 行了吧 布尔 |
[20:20] | It’s not about intelligence. | 这和智力无关 |
[20:22] | Brilliant minds are co-opted by cults all the time. | 机智的头脑永远和邪教有关 |
[20:25] | Just be yourself in there, | 在那当你自己就好 |
[20:26] | they’re not gonna suspect anything. | 他们会怀疑一切 |
[20:28] | I need you inside their practices. | 你要去打入他们内部 |
[20:30] | And I want to know the techniques that they use | 我要知道他们对自己的学生 |
[20:32] | on their students. | 到底用了什么把戏 |
[20:33] | Keep your eyes open… | 睁大眼睛 |
[20:34] | every small detail… because | 注意一切细节 因为 |
[20:36] | the more specific we can be with the jury, the better. | 我们给陪审团的细节越多 越好 |
[20:39] | And do not… | 还有不要 |
[20:41] | Drink the Kool-Aid. | 喝清爽酷凉 |
[20:43] | Danny already beat you to it. | 丹尼快你一步 |
[20:45] | I was gonna say, “Do not be late for orientation,” | 我是准备说 不要迟到了 |
[20:48] | but, wow. | 不过 没想到啊 |
[20:50] | I thought Danny would be more proud of her rejection. | 我还以为丹尼被拒绝挺高兴的 |
[20:54] | This band’s called Trident Four, | 这只乐队叫三叉戟四人组 |
[20:57] | I found them in Troy’s music library. | 我在特洛伊的音乐库里找到的 |
[20:58] | Do they know “tri”means three, not four? | 他们知道三就是三不是四吗 |
[21:01] | Uh, they’re pretty post-hipster, grunge antiestablishment, | 他们走的是后嬉皮士垃圾摇滚反主流风的 |
[21:04] | so I’d say it’s unclear whether they’re being ironic | 所以我不知道他们这是在讽刺 |
[21:06] | or idiotic. | 还是真傻 |
[21:07] | Wow. Let’s hear it. | 听听吧 |
[21:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:16] | Interesting, right? | 有意思吧 |
[21:21] | Any indication Troy was listening to this | 特洛伊谋杀前一晚 |
[21:22] | on the night of the murder? | 听过他们的歌吗 |
[21:24] | Unfortunately not, | 很可惜 没有 |
[21:25] | but it’s the best lead I have. | 但是我已经尽力找了 |
[21:26] | I mean, I’ve checked all his records. | 我是说 我查了他所有的音乐 |
[21:27] | He’s not a fan of The Little Mermaid. | 他可不喜欢《小美人鱼》 |
[21:30] | The Little Mermaid, like, King Triton? | 小美人鱼 人鱼国王那个 |
[21:31] | Yeah, he carried a trident. | 对啊 他就拿个三叉戟 |
[21:33] | That’s so cool that you know King Triton. | 酷啊 你还知道人鱼国王呢 |
[21:35] | I was Ariel when I was a kid, for Halloween. | 我小时候万圣节的时候就扮的小美人鱼 |
[21:37] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[21:38] | We should totally have a sing-along. | 我们真的应该合唱一曲 |
[21:40] | Yeah, you know, | 对 不过 |
[21:41] | I’m, I’m busy tonight. Um… | 我今晚有事 |
[21:43] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[21:44] | Okay, well, what about, like, Tuesday? | 好吧 那周二怎么样 |
[21:46] | – Busy. – Wednesday? | – 忙啊 – 周三呢 |
[21:48] | Still busy. | 一样 |
[21:50] | Chunk. | 特朗科 |
[21:52] | So glad you’ve joined us. | 真高兴你加入我们 |
[21:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:55] | I’m gonna need your cell phone. | 我得拿走你的手机 |
[21:57] | My phone, why? | 我的手机 为什么 |
[21:59] | You’ll get it back at the end of the session. | 课程结束就还给你 |
[22:04] | Sorry about the, uh, heightened security. | 抱歉这么严格 |
[22:08] | She’s concerned about the negative press | 她很担心最近我们 |
[22:10] | we’ve been getting. | 受到的负面报道 |
[22:12] | She wants to open a second campus in Brooklyn. | 她想在布鲁克林新开一个校园 |
[22:14] | Wow. That’d be amazing. | 那真厉害啊 |
[22:16] | It has its pros and cons. | 有好有坏 |
[22:18] | I never want to lose sight of our mission here. | 我不想丢掉这里的发展 |
[22:21] | You know, something I carefully manage is being sure | 我很认真管理的就是确保 |
[22:25] | that I can devote ample time to each new student. | 每个学生都能被投入一样的时间 |
[22:27] | I certainly appreciate the time. | 我肯定很感谢您的时间了 |
[22:29] | I’ve been thinking about something you said yesterday, | 我一直在想你昨天说的 |
[22:32] | about appearances. | 有关外表 |
[22:34] | I believe I can help you. | 我认为我可以帮助你 |
[22:36] | Really. How? | 真的吗 怎么帮 |
[22:39] | Techniques that allow people | 我有能够让人们 |
[22:41] | to access parts of their subconscious | 触及潜意识的技巧 |
[22:43] | that’ve been holding them back | 释放压抑 |
[22:45] | from truly knowing who they are | 真正实现自我 |
[22:47] | and what they want. | 得到自己所想 |
[22:50] | Chunk.. | 特朗科 |
[22:52] | Have you ever been hypnotized? | 你有被催眠过吗 |
[22:57] | Me? Testify? | 我 测试 |
[22:59] | It’s possible. | 有可能 |
[23:03] | But I don’t remember anything. | 但我什么都不记得了 |
[23:05] | The jury needs to see that you’re a regular kid | 陪审团要看到你是一个正常的孩子 |
[23:07] | who had his whole life ahead of him. | 有大好前程 |
[23:10] | Until someone did this to you. | 直到有人对你做出这样的事 |
[23:12] | Are they gonna show the video? | 他们会放那段监控吗 |
[23:14] | Of me hitting my dad? | 我攻击我父亲的那段 |
[23:17] | They will. | 会的 |
[23:18] | My memories of me and my dad are… playing baseball, | 我和我父亲的记忆 是在打棒球 |
[23:24] | hiking together. | 一起徒步 |
[23:25] | He was my coach, and he was always there for me. | 他是我的教练 总是在我身边 |
[23:29] | How do I explain | 我要怎么解释 |
[23:33] | hurting the man who loved me most in this world? | 自己伤了世界上最爱我的男人 |
[23:36] | I’m here to help you get through this. | 我是来帮你度过这个难关的 |
[23:38] | But you have to help me understand | 但你要帮我了解 |
[23:40] | what you’ve gone through. | 你到底经历了什么 |
[23:43] | Let’s start with, | 我们就从 |
[23:44] | what was your attraction to Lumansic? | 你和卢曼思克开始 |
[23:47] | Lumansic taught me how to look inward. | 卢曼思克教我注意内心 |
[23:52] | Find meaning in the here and now, | 找到人生意义 |
[23:54] | stop trying to search for things I’ll never find. | 停止徒劳的寻找 |
[23:59] | Your stepmother mentioned | 你继母提过 |
[24:00] | that your mom left when you were quite young. | 你生母在你很小的时候就离开了 |
[24:03] | Yeah, I don’t even remember what she looked like. | 对 我都不记得她的样子了 |
[24:06] | My dad refused to show me photos. | 我父亲不给我看照片 |
[24:10] | Lumansic helped me realize that, deep down, | 卢曼思克让我意识到 在内心深处 |
[24:15] | I resented him for that. | 我为此怨恨他 |
[24:17] | Enough to kill him? | 恨到会杀了他吗 |
[24:19] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[24:21] | He was my dad. | 那是我爸爸 |
[24:23] | And now he’s gone. | 现在他已经死了 |
[24:30] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 我真不敢相信这一切 |
[24:34] | I wasn’t even supposed to be with my dad that night. | 我那晚都不该和我爸爸在一起 |
[24:38] | Where were you supposed to be? | 那你应该在哪 |
[24:40] | In a session with Thornton. | 和索尔顿上课 |
[24:42] | Dad wanted to go to Chelsea Piers. | 我爸想让我去切尔西·皮尔斯俱乐部 |
[24:45] | It was a tradition of ours. | 那是我们之间的传统 |
[24:49] | If I’d just said no… | 如果我说不去 |
[24:52] | Troy. | 特洛伊 |
[24:55] | It’s gonna be okay. | 会没事的 |
[24:58] | Troy had a private session with Thornton | 特洛伊和索尔顿每周四晚六点 |
[25:01] | every Thursday night at 6:00 p.m., except that night. | 都有私人课程 除了那一晚 |
[25:05] | A last-minute cancellation. | 临时取消了 |
[25:07] | I-It is possible that whoever hypnotized Troy to kill | 很有可能那个催眠特洛伊杀人的人 |
[25:10] | didn’t know about the change in plans. | 不知道事情有变 |
[25:13] | Maybe Troy wasn’t supposed to kill his dad. | 也许特洛伊 要杀的不是他父亲 |
[25:16] | And maybe Thornton wasn’t the killer after all. | 也许索尔顿不是凶手 |
[25:19] | No, he wasn’t. | 不 不是的 |
[25:23] | He was the target. | 他才是目标 |
[25:29] | Troy shouldn’t have been with his father | 特洛伊那晚本不该和他父亲 |
[25:30] | the night of the murder. | 在一起 |
[25:32] | He had a standing appointment with Thornton Grey | 他和索尔顿·盖里就在那个时间 |
[25:33] | at that exact time. | 有约 |
[25:35] | Someone wants Thornton dead? | 有人想让索尔顿死吗 |
[25:36] | We should warn him. | 我们得警告他 |
[25:37] | Oh, I see your session went well with Dear Leader. | 看样子你和伟大的领导人课程进展不错啊 |
[25:39] | Now we know he’s not the killer, and frankly I think Lumansic | 既然他不是凶手 那坦白说我觉得卢曼思克 |
[25:42] | has gotten a bad rap. | 现在是背了黑锅 |
[25:44] | Oh, my God, you totally drank the Kool-Aid. | 天啊 你绝对是喝了那破饮料了 |
[25:46] | Chunk, right now this is just a theory. | 特朗科 现在这还是推断 |
[25:48] | We don’t want you blowing your cover at Lumansic. | 你别在卢曼思克那露馅了 |
[25:50] | We need evidence. | 我们还需要证据 |
[25:52] | Our insanity defense relies | 我们的精神辩护就靠着 |
[25:53] | on the jury accepting that Troy was hypnotized | 陪审团相信特洛伊 |
[25:56] | and someone else was in control of his actions. | 是被人操控的呢 |
[26:00] | That means they’re gonna have to understand how and why | 这就意味着他们要明白催眠 |
[26:02] | hypnosis works. | 是怎么起作用以及为什么 |
[26:04] | And they’re gonna need to hear from an expert. Marissa? | 这得由专家出马 玛丽莎 |
[26:06] | Have Benny prep Amy. | 让本尼给艾米做准备 |
[26:14] | – Chunk, about Lumansic. – I’m headed there now. | – 特朗科 关于卢曼思克 – 我正要去 |
[26:17] | Yeah, I don’t think you should. | 我觉得你不该去 |
[26:18] | Because I disagree with your assessment of Thornton? | 因为我和你关于索尔顿的判定意见不同吗 |
[26:20] | – No. Chunk, I… – Look, I appreciate your concern, | – 不 特朗科 我- 听着 谢谢你的关心 |
[26:22] | but I can handle this. | 但是我可以的 |
[26:23] | – Right. What I’m trying to… – Bull. | – 对 我想做的是 – 布尔 |
[26:25] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[26:29] | So the prosecution will ask, Dr. Levin, | 诉讼方会问勒雯医生 |
[26:32] | what makes you qualified | 你凭什么认为自己有资格 |
[26:33] | to evaluate Troy Dickerson? | 评估特洛伊·迪克森 |
[26:34] | I’ve evaluated over a thousand cases | 我已经在犯罪和民事法庭上 |
[26:36] | for both the criminal and civil courts. | 评估过超过一千例案件了 |
[26:38] | Have you ever been wrong about a patient? | 你有对病人评估错的时候吗 |
[26:40] | Uh, yes. | 有的 |
[26:42] | How do you live with knowing | 知道自己的评估 |
[26:43] | that a choice you made | 会对某人的生活 |
[26:45] | had unintended consequences on someone’s life? | 造成未知的后果你作何感想 |
[26:47] | I suppose you have to step back | 我想我们要后退一步 |
[26:50] | and think about why you were in that position | 仔细思考自己一开始 |
[26:51] | in the first place. | 为什么会在这个位置上 |
[26:53] | Most likely it’s because you’ve earned the right | 更可能是因为你争取到了权利 |
[26:55] | to make certain judgment calls. | 做出一些判断的决定 |
[26:57] | And the right to make mistakes. | 以及犯错的权利 |
[27:00] | Honest mistakes. | 诚实的错误 |
[27:03] | Life-changing mistakes, nonetheless. | 改变人一生的错误 |
[27:06] | Is everything all right, Benny? | 没事吧 本尼 |
[27:10] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[27:11] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[27:14] | Bull thinks I lost faith in myself. | 布尔觉得我对自己没有信心了 |
[27:16] | Why would he think that? | 他为什么会这么想 |
[27:19] | I’m sorry, I… | 抱歉 我 |
[27:21] | I got off track. | 我刚不在状态 |
[27:22] | Let-Let-Let’s get back to prep. | 我们继续返回正题 |
[27:23] | I’d love to take you to dinner tonight. | 我今晚想请你吃饭 |
[27:26] | Amy, I, uh… | 艾米 我 |
[27:28] | I just got out of a relationship. | 我刚刚结束一段感情 |
[27:31] | I think you’re amazing, | 我觉得你非常优秀 |
[27:32] | but I’m not ready to jump back into something. | 但是我还没做好准备开始新的恋情 |
[27:34] | Benny. | 本尼 |
[27:35] | I think you’ve gotten the wrong idea | 我想你误解了 |
[27:37] | about why Jason suggested we connect. | 杰森让我们搭档不是这个意思 |
[27:43] | Apparently, I have a new therapist. | 很显然 我找到一位新的心理医生 |
[27:45] | Oh, good for you. | 那真好 |
[27:46] | Bull, you crossed the line. | 布尔 你这样过分了 |
[27:47] | What was I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[27:49] | You’re spiraling | 你太不稳定了 |
[27:51] | and you’re certainly not opening up to me. | 而且你也肯定不会向我常敞开心扉的 |
[27:53] | So you hire me a shrink? | 所以你就雇了个心理医生 |
[27:54] | I wouldn’t say “hired” | 我就不会用”雇这个字 |
[27:56] | I’m paying her in baked goods. | 我赴她的工资是蛋糕 |
[27:57] | Don’t joke. This is my life we’re talking about here. | 别开玩笑 我们现在说的是我的生活 |
[28:00] | And it’s affecting your work | 影响到你的工作 |
[28:02] | and my work. | 还有我的工作的 你的生活 |
[28:04] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[28:05] | Hmm? Want me to admit that, that, that I slept with Erin? | 想让我承认我和艾琳上床了吗 |
[28:09] | Okay, I slept with Erin, all right? | 好 我就是和她上床了 行吗 |
[28:10] | I… I slept with Erin. | 我 我和艾琳上床了 |
[28:12] | And, yes, she was our client. | 对 她是我们的客户 |
[28:14] | It was a mistake and now it’s over. | 那就是个错误 现在结束了 |
[28:17] | We good? | 行了吗 |
[28:18] | Not until you’re ready to admit | 除非你准备承认 |
[28:19] | what’s really going on with you. | 你到底怎么了 |
[28:21] | Sleeping with Erin was the symptom, not the problem. | 和艾琳上床只是症状 不是问题 |
[28:27] | In the Original Position, | 在原位中 |
[28:30] | no one knows where they’ll wind up in society. | 没人知道自己最终会在社会中作何地位 |
[28:33] | If you start with this foundation, | 如果你能以这样的基础开始 |
[28:35] | that’s when you get true compassion. | 这样就会获得真正的激情 |
[28:38] | Chunk. | 特朗科 |
[28:40] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[28:41] | Really compelling. | 真的很有说服力 |
[28:42] | Where’d you learn about Rawls’s Theory of Justice? | 你从哪知道罗尔斯《公平的规则》的 |
[28:44] | I read a lot, as do you. | 我也读很多书 和你一样 |
[28:47] | Listen, do you have somewhere you need to be right now? | 你现在要去哪里吗 |
[28:49] | Not necessarily, no. | 没有 |
[28:51] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[28:53] | I have a surprise for you. | 我给你准备了惊喜 |
[29:02] | Flotation therapy. | 漂浮疗法 |
[29:05] | Helps you visualize, focus better. | 能让你视像化 更集中注意 |
[29:10] | Chunk. | 特朗科 |
[29:12] | I really think this can help you | 我真的觉得这能帮你 |
[29:13] | figure out why you’ve struggled to find your path in life. | 想清楚为什么自己找不到人生之路 |
[29:21] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[29:22] | I’ll be right out here to talk you through it. | 我就在这陪你聊天 |
[29:27] | Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, | 你庄严宣誓说出真相 |
[29:29] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? | 坦白真相吗 |
[29:31] | I want you to say the word “red.” | 我想让你说”红” |
[29:32] | State your name again for the record. | 为录音请再次陈述你的名字 |
[29:34] | Red. | 红 |
[29:36] | Yeah, but not to me. | 对 不过别对我说 |
[29:38] | To the jury. | 对陪审团说 |
[29:40] | They have to hear it at least 11 times | 他们要从头到尾听到这个字十一次 |
[29:41] | for it to sink into their subconscious. | 直到潜意识中也有这个字 |
[29:44] | Why 11? | 为什么十一次 |
[29:46] | Repetition, enhances the power of suggestion. | 重复能增加建议的力量 |
[29:49] | By tomorrow, they’ll be seeing red without knowing why. | 到了明天他们就会莫名其妙的看到红色 |
[29:51] | Now, I want to work it in organically. | 现在 我希望你一步一步来 |
[29:54] | Can’t be too overt. | 别太明显 |
[29:55] | That’s why I picked red. | 所以我选红色 |
[29:57] | Magenta would’ve been much harder, so, thanks. | 紫红色就太难了 谢了 |
[29:59] | Counselor? | 辩方律师 |
[30:00] | Uh, yes. Your Honor, I am… | 在 法官阁下 我已经 |
[30:02] | read-y to go. | “红”备好了 |
[30:06] | We’ve all seen the video. | 我们都看过监控了 |
[30:07] | We all saw Troy kill his father. | 都看到了是特洛伊杀死了他父亲 |
[30:10] | The prosecution has argued that it is murder. | 诉讼方称这是谋杀 |
[30:13] | Plain and simple. Do you agree? | 显而易见 你同意吗 |
[30:15] | I agree that Troy physically caused his father’s death. | 我同意确实是特洛伊的行为造成他父亲死亡 |
[30:20] | But I do not agree | 但是我不同意 |
[30:21] | that he should be found guilty of murder. | 他应该被指控谋杀 |
[30:23] | He doesn’t look crazy. | 他看上去也没疯 |
[30:25] | So how are you coming to that conclusion? | 那你是怎么得出结论的 |
[30:26] | I was asked by the state | 法院要求我 |
[30:28] | to give Troy a psychological evaluation, | 给特洛伊做了心理评估 |
[30:31] | and it’s my expert opinion | 从我的专业角度看来 |
[30:33] | that he was not in control of his actions, | 他无法控制自己的行为 |
[30:38] | which is the definition | 这就是我们所说的 |
[30:40] | of insanity. | 精神失常 |
[30:41] | See, that sounds | 看到了吗 这听起来 |
[30:42] | hard to believe. | 难以置信 |
[30:44] | Can someone really use hypnosis | 真的有人能够利用催眠 |
[30:47] | to make Troy murder? | 操纵特洛伊杀人吗 |
[30:49] | Objection. Calls for speculation. | 反对 无端揣测 |
[30:52] | That makes me red in the face, Your Honor. | 这让我气的脸都红了 法官阁下 |
[30:53] | This is not speculation | 这不是揣测 |
[30:55] | but expert opinion. | 是专家的意见 |
[30:57] | You may answer the question. | 我可以回答这个问题 |
[30:59] | Yes, it’s rare. | 没错 这不常见 |
[31:01] | But so is Troy. | 特洛伊的情况也是一样 |
[31:03] | I believe hypnotic technique forced him to attack his father | 我相信催眠技巧迫使他攻击父亲 |
[31:08] | and he’s still not completely aware. | 他仍然无法完全意识到 |
[31:10] | How? | 怎么会 |
[31:12] | He was at a driving range. | 他之前在高尔夫球场 |
[31:14] | Post-hypnotic suggestion can be triggered at any time. | 后催眠随时可能触发 |
[31:17] | Feeling a touch on the shoulder, | 也许是肩上的触感 |
[31:19] | hearing a particular word or phrase, music… | 或是听到某个字词 音乐 |
[31:22] | A Red Hot Chili Peppers song, perhaps? | 也许是红色热辣椒之歌呢 |
[31:25] | Uh, sure. | 没错 |
[31:27] | Triggers can be a color, a sound, an object. | 触发点可能是一个颜色 一种声音 一个物品 |
[31:29] | Maybe something he read. | 也许是他看到了什么呢 |
[31:38] | Trigger must’ve been something | 触发点一定是 |
[31:40] | near where Troy killed his father. | 在特洛伊动手现场离他很近的东西 |
[31:42] | Well, brought back everyone who was here that day. | 把那天现场的人都还原 |
[31:45] | Asked them to recreate what they were doing at the time. | 让他们情景重现 |
[31:48] | Including playing the same music. | 包括播放同一首歌 |
[31:54] | Closing your eyes opens your senses. | 闭上眼睛 打开感官 |
[32:04] | – Nice swing. – Yeah, it’s not bad. | – 这杆不错 – 对 不错 |
[32:07] | Order 17, Philly cheesesteak, fries, medium soda. | 十七号订单 菲力牛排 薯条 中杯汽水 |
[32:10] | Order 17, pick up, please. | 17号 请拿食物 |
[32:12] | Popcorn? | 爆米花 |
[32:14] | No, he would have walked by that earlier. | 不是 他之前就会路过那了 |
[32:18] | The trigger had to be something else. | 一定是别的东西 |
[32:20] | A color, a sound. | 一种颜色 一个声音 |
[32:25] | Sorry, that didn’t happen before the murder. | 抱歉 这谋杀前没有的 |
[32:29] | Troy’s cell phone. | 特洛伊的手机 |
[32:32] | We went over the call log. | 我们查过了通话记录 |
[32:34] | Not his calls. | 不是他的通话 |
[32:35] | We need to look at his phone. | 我们要查他的手机 |
[32:42] | Dr. Levin’s testimony swayed jurors three and eight. | 勒雯医生的证词让三号和八号改变了 |
[32:46] | What about juror nine? | 那九号呢 |
[32:48] | Ooh, hasn’t budged. | 毫无变化 |
[32:49] | She’s a visual learner. | 他是个视觉学习者 |
[32:50] | Seeing is believing. | 眼见为实 |
[32:51] | And now we are gonna show her the power of hypnosis. | 我们现在就要给她表演催眠的力量 |
[32:55] | Cable, bring up the surveillance footage from Chelsea Piers. | 凯博 把切尔西·皮尔斯俱乐部的监控拿来 |
[32:58] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:59] | I know what triggered Troy to kill. | 我知道什么触发了特洛伊杀人了 |
[33:05] | What do you think? | 感觉怎么样 |
[33:07] | Well, I think it’s freaky and I like it. | 我觉得有点怪异但是我喜欢 |
[33:11] | It allows the mind to open, | 让我开阔思维 |
[33:13] | unfold its truths, confront its secrets. | 释放真相 直面秘密 |
[33:16] | Now you can tell me what’s really going on. | 现在你可以告诉我到底怎么了 |
[33:20] | How long have you worked at TAC? | 你在TAC工作多久了 |
[33:25] | Why did Dr. Bull send you here? | 为什么布尔派你来 |
[33:33] | We know you’re working for Troy’s defense team. | 我们知道你是特洛伊辩护团队的 |
[33:36] | What exactly were you hoping to find? | 你到底想打探什么 |
[33:39] | Open the door. | 开门 |
[33:40] | How’s Troy doing? | 特洛伊怎么样 |
[33:41] | Yes. | 对 |
[33:42] | I lied about why I came to Lumansic. | 我是隐瞒了来这的真实意图 |
[33:45] | But everything that I told you about myself, my life, | 但是我告诉你关于我的事 |
[33:48] | that was all true. | 都是真的 |
[33:57] | Don’t you ever come back here. | 不许再踏进这里一步 |
[34:05] | Rachel Grey, | 瑞秋·盖里 |
[34:07] | you and your father Thornton Grey founded Lumansic, | 你和你父亲索尔顿·盖里创立了卢曼思克 |
[34:08] | isn’t that correct? | 没错吧 |
[34:09] | It is. | 没错 |
[34:11] | What are you hoping to get out of Rachel? | 你想从瑞秋得到什么 |
[34:13] | Watch and listen closely. | 仔细看 认真听 |
[34:16] | And what about your vision for Lumansic? | 你对卢曼思克有什么发展愿景 |
[34:18] | Is-Isn’t it true that your father wants to keep it small | 你父亲希望保持小规模 |
[34:22] | but you want to expand? | 但是你想扩张 没错吧 |
[34:23] | You know, more money, more power, more influence. | 更多金钱 更多权利 更大的影响 |
[34:26] | We’ve had many discussions about the future. | 我们是对未来发展讨论过很多 |
[34:29] | Contentious discussions. | 有争执的讨论 |
[34:31] | You had to convince him to create a second campus. | 你要让他同意建立第二个校园 |
[34:34] | – No. – I mean, isn’t it true | – 不 – 不是说 难道不是 |
[34:36] | that you and your father are running a cult? | 你和你父亲经营的是一个异教吗 |
[34:38] | Absolutely not. | 当然不是 |
[34:40] | You take advantage of people, | 你们利用人们 |
[34:42] | people searching for answers. | 利用寻找答案的人 |
[34:43] | You psychologically manipulate them | 你利用精神操控 |
[34:46] | to your will. | 达成自己的愿望 |
[34:47] | – Objection. – Withdrawn. | – 反对 – 撤回 |
[34:51] | Do you use hypnosis on your students? | 你会催眠你的学生吗 |
[34:54] | Sometimes. | 偶尔 |
[34:55] | It’s one tool of many that can help students break through. | 那是我众多方法之一 帮助学生突破自己 |
[34:59] | Now, what would you think, Rachel, | 如果我告诉你 瑞秋 |
[35:01] | if I told you | 简单的重复一个单词 |
[35:03] | that simply by saying a specific word | 一遍又一遍 |
[35:07] | over and over… the… | 比如昨天的”红” |
[35:10] | …word ”red,”for example, yesterday, | 你会怎么想 |
[35:13] | that it would cause everyone on the jury | 这使得陪审团的各位 |
[35:17] | to wear something red today. | 今天都穿了红色的衣服 |
[35:35] | You spent… two years | 你在过去的两年中 |
[35:39] | training at the American School for Behavioral Sciences | 在美国行为科学学院 |
[35:42] | and Hypnotherapy. | 接受催眠训练 |
[35:44] | Hypnosis is an amplified version | 催眠是我刚刚展示的 |
[35:47] | of the technique that I just demonstrated. | 更为复杂的一项技巧 |
[35:49] | What you just demonstrated | 你展示的 |
[35:51] | is purely persuasion. | 只不过是说服的作用 |
[35:53] | And hypnosis is a very powerful tool | 催眠是一项非常强有力的技巧 |
[35:55] | in the hands of a highly trained individual like yourself, | 能被你这样受过专业训练人士利用 |
[35:59] | you could persuade someone | 你能操纵他人 |
[36:01] | to murder. | 进行谋杀 |
[36:02] | Objection. | 反对 |
[36:04] | Withdrawn. | 撤回 |
[36:08] | Could you take out your cell phone, please? | 你能拿出你的手机吗 |
[36:09] | Objection. Relevance? | 反对 与本案无关 |
[36:12] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[36:13] | We will show the phone record is relevant, Your Honor. | 我们会证明通话记录与本案有关 法官阁下 |
[36:16] | Rachel, could you please call Troy’s phone? | 瑞秋 你能拨打一下特洛伊的电话吗 |
[36:21] | No. I’m not doing that. | 不 我不会做的 |
[36:23] | No? | 不吗 |
[36:24] | He can’t make me do that, right? | 他不能逼我 对吧 |
[36:26] | No, he can’t. | 不能 他不能 |
[36:29] | But I can. | 但是我能 |
[36:31] | Ma’am, dial the phone. | 女士 请你打电话 |
[36:45] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[36:50] | Stop. | 住手 |
[36:51] | Officers. | 协警 |
[36:53] | Get off of him. | 抓住他 |
[37:02] | What just happened? | 怎么回事 |
[37:07] | I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. | 我没事 别担心我 |
[37:12] | That was all your doing, wasn’t it? | 这都是你的把戏 对吧 |
[37:14] | Helps you to think of me as a cult leader, doesn’t it? | 更觉得我是邪教头子了 对吧 |
[37:17] | Makes it easier for you | 也更方便你 |
[37:18] | to send people into my house to spy on me, | 派人来监视我了对吧 |
[37:22] | to destroy my life’s work, | 来毁掉我的事业 |
[37:24] | to condemn my daughter as a killer. | 害我女儿变成杀人凶手 |
[37:26] | Just as it helps you to think of your victims as students? | 和你把受害人当成学生一样吗 |
[37:30] | Makes it easier to steal their lives and call it tuition? | 更方便你偷取别的生活还冠冕堂皇的叫成学费 |
[37:34] | You should’ve left us alone. | 你应该让我们自己处理 |
[37:36] | Then you’d never know the truth about your daughter. | 那你就永远无法知道你女儿的真相了 |
[37:39] | The night she called Troy to trigger him, | 他催眠特洛伊杀人的那晚 |
[37:41] | she thought he was with you. | 她以为和他在一起的是你 |
[37:44] | How’s that for enlightenment? | 这启示怎么样 |
[37:48] | Has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团有决议了吗 |
[37:51] | On the charge of murder in the second degree, | 在指控二级谋杀的案件中 |
[37:53] | we, the jury, find the defendant, Troy Dickerson, | 本陪审团一致认为被告特洛伊·迪克森 |
[37:57] | not guilty by reason of insanity. | 由于精神原因无罪 |
[38:17] | Congratulations, Reed. | 祝贺了 瑞德 |
[38:19] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[38:20] | You won your first insanity case. | 你赢了第一个精神案件 |
[38:22] | How’s it feel? | 感觉如何 |
[38:23] | Pretty insane. | 相当疯狂 |
[38:27] | Uh, uh, uh, any-any word on Rachel? | 有瑞秋的消息吗 |
[38:29] | Uh, the police are opening a formal investigation. | 警方已经展开正式调查了 |
[38:33] | It’s likely she’ll be charged with murder and kidnapping. | 很有可能她会被指控谋杀与绑架 |
[38:36] | Hmm. Uh, don’t tell Bull this, | 别告诉布尔 |
[38:38] | but I wasn’t sure that the whole ”red” thing would actually work. | 我当时不太相信说”红”这事会有效果 |
[38:42] | Really? | 真的那 |
[38:45] | Nice socks. | 袜子不错 |
[38:47] | So, you were underwater? | 那你当时在水下吗 |
[38:49] | No, I was floating. | 没有 我在漂浮 |
[38:52] | It was actually quite peaceful. | 相当平静 |
[38:54] | Uh-huh. Was the peaceful part before or after | 那你是听见邪教头子告诉你 |
[38:57] | you heard the voice of the crazy cult leader | 你被锁住之前还是之后 |
[38:58] | who told you you were locked in the crazy pod? | 感到平静的 |
[39:02] | You know, this thing about me being the chosen one, | 有关”我被选中”这件事 |
[39:05] | it got me to thinking,we both were chosen. | 让我好好想了想 我们都是被选中的 |
[39:08] | No, Lumansic rejected me outright. | 不 卢曼思克直接拒绝了我 |
[39:10] | I’m not talking about them. | 我不是在说他们 |
[39:12] | I’m talking about a group of people | 我说的是一群人 |
[39:16] | with a fanatical commitment to a charismatic leader, | 对一个有魅力的领导过度衷心 |
[39:18] | a belief that his way is the only way | 坚信只有他的方法才是唯一的方法 |
[39:21] | and a complete lack of life outside of the organization. | 以及完全没有组织外的生活 |
[39:24] | To the Cult of Bull. | 敬邪教布尔 |
[39:31] | Nicely done. | 干的不错 |
[39:34] | Troy has a long road of recovery ahead of him. | 特洛伊的恢复之路还很漫长 |
[39:36] | I’ll be sure he gets all the help he needs. | 我会确保尽力帮他 |
[39:38] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[39:39] | Thanks for your help with Benny. | 谢谢你帮本尼 |
[39:41] | I’m afraid I didn’t get very far. | 恐怕我没帮上什么忙啊 |
[39:43] | Far enough, I think. | 够多了 |
[39:46] | And what about you, Jason? | 那你呢杰森 |
[39:48] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[39:51] | I’m okay. | 我很好啊 |
[39:53] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[39:54] | I have Tuesdays at 8:00 open. | 我周四八点有空 |
[39:56] | Your old slot. | 还是老时间 |
[39:59] | I think you just want my ”Better than Robert Redford,”don’t you? | 你就是想吃我做的强过罗伯特·雷德福吧 |
[40:29] | I guess it’s time I came clean, huh? | 我猜这次我要坦白了对吧 |
[40:33] | I’m being investigated by the U.S. Attorney’s office. | 我正在受美国检署的调查 |
[40:37] | Nine years ago, I put a man named Hayden Watkins | 九年前 我把一个叫海登·瓦特金斯的人 |
[40:40] | in prison for murder. | 因为谋杀送进了监狱 |
[40:42] | DNA evidence has just proven his innocence. | DNA证据表示他是无辜的 |
[40:46] | – You were doing your job. – No. | – 你只是尽职尽责 – 不是 |
[40:48] | The night before the trial started, I got a call from… | 开庭前一晚 我接到一个电话 |
[40:51] | …Long Island PD. | 长岛警局打的 |
[40:55] | They’d just had a similar crime, | 他们手上有一个类似的罪犯 |
[40:59] | similar M.O., thought it might be my guy. | 一样的犯罪手法 觉得那可能是我要找的 |
[41:04] | So I just… dismissed it | 所以我就那么 忽略了 |
[41:06] | because I was sure that Watkins was guilty. | 因为我很确定瓦特金斯是有罪的 |
[41:10] | I put an innocent man in prison for nine years. | 我让一个无辜的人白白坐了九年牢 |
[41:15] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[41:17] | That’s on me. | 这都是我的责任 |
[41:18] | Benny… | 本尼 |
[41:21] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[41:24] | You haven’t lost faith in yourself. | 你没有对自己失去信心 |
[41:28] | I think you lost faith in me. | 我想你是对我失去了信心 |
[41:29] | No, that’s not true. | 不 你说的不对 |
[41:31] | Yeah, it is true. | 没错 就是这样 |
[41:32] | You should’ve come to me with this. | 你本应该找我解决这个问题 |
[41:34] | Solving problems is what I do. | 我就是解决问题的 |
[41:38] | I’m not a client. | 我不是你的客户 |
[41:39] | You’re more than that. | 你比客户更重要 |
[41:42] | You’re family. | 你是家人 |
[41:44] | And you’re not alone. | 你不是一个人 |
[41:48] | If they come after you, they have to go through me first. | 如果他们要对付你 得先过我这关 |