时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:39] | The building has a gym, a bike room, a party room, | 这栋楼里有健身房 自行车房 聚会厅… |
[01:43] | high-speed Internet and a rooftop pool. | 高速互联网 楼顶还有游泳池 |
[01:45] | And if you’re prepared to pay all cash, Dr. Bull, | 如果你一次性支付现金 布尔博士 |
[01:48] | I think we can take this lovely home off the market today. | 今天就能办完这个温馨之家的手续 |
[01:52] | I got to say, | 不得不说 |
[01:54] | it’s not at all what I had in mind. | 它和我想的完全不同 |
[01:56] | – There are nine other people bidding on this apartment. – I know. | – 出价的还有九个人 – 我知道 |
[01:59] | I-I want to have, like, a open beam ceiling, | 我喜欢家里有开放式天花板… |
[02:03] | books everywhere, a dog, | 到处都是书 养只狗 |
[02:06] | roaring blaze in the fireplace, | 壁炉里火焰熊熊燃烧 |
[02:08] | maybe a pond. | 还要有个池塘 |
[02:09] | – A pond? – Yeah. | – 池塘 – 对 |
[02:11] | Dr. Bull, this is New York City. | 布尔博士 这是在纽约市 |
[02:13] | – We don’t do ponds. – Excuse me. | – 不会造池塘的 – 不好意思 |
[02:15] | Thoreau here. | 我是”梭罗” |
[02:16] | Hey. Where am I finding you, Walden Pond? | 你在哪儿 瓦尔登湖吗 |
[02:19] | 压制 \n豆浆 | |
[02:21] | I’m just doing that senseless thing every six weeks or so | 我又在做六周重复一次的无聊事 |
[02:25] | looking for an apartment. | 找一间公寓 |
[02:26] | – I thought you already had an apartment. – I do, | – 你不是有一间吗 – 我是有 |
[02:28] | but it’s cold and modern | 但太冷 也太现代 |
[02:31] | and looks like it belongs to Bane from the Batman movies. | 就像蝙蝠侠电影里班恩的巢穴 |
[02:34] | – Mm. – Truth is, | – 哦 – 事实上 |
[02:35] | most nights I sleep in the office. | 我基本上睡在办公室里 |
[02:37] | But that’s probably more than you want to know. | 你可能不想知道这些 |
[02:39] | Way more. | 确实不想 |
[02:40] | – What’s up? – Well, I was wondering | – 怎么了 – 我在想… |
[02:43] | – if you felt like dinner. – What were you thinking? | – 要不要一起吃晚饭 – 去哪里吃 |
[02:46] | Anywhere but Third Avenue. | 不去第三大道就行 |
[02:50] | Scary, isn’t it? | 太可怕了 |
[02:52] | You guys are three blocks away. | 你们就在三条街之外 |
[02:54] | Did you see it? Did you hear it? | 你看见和听见了吗 |
[02:56] | Building shook. | 楼都在颤抖 |
[02:57] | But the phones kept ringing, and… | 但手机一直在响… |
[03:00] | work kept getting done. | 工作也没停下 |
[03:03] | Like nothing happened. | 仿佛什么都没发生 |
[03:06] | Kind of amazing what we’ve become. | 真吃惊变得如此麻木不仁 |
[03:10] | All right, dinner. | 好 一起吃饭 |
[03:11] | But only because you’re forcing me. | 但这是你逼我的 |
[03:15] | Heptex Corporation, | 海普泰集团 |
[03:17] | largest computer cloud service in the world. | 是世上最大的云电脑服务公司 |
[03:20] | The company’s owner, Garrett Tilden, is my oldest client. | 老板加勒特·蒂尔顿 是我最老的客户 |
[03:24] | Just after lunch today, the FBI paid him a visit. | 今天午饭后 联调局来找他 |
[03:28] | They’re starting to suspect | 他们怀疑… |
[03:29] | the blast this morning was the work of a group | 是生态恐怖主义者… |
[03:31] | of eco-terrorists. | 实施了今早的爆炸 |
[03:32] | The hotel ballroom they bombed was hosting a symposium | 爆炸的酒店舞厅当时正开研讨会 |
[03:35] | on how to maximize profits in a world of ecological deregulation. | 主题是如何在生态限制下实现利益最大化 |
[03:40] | I missed the part where you explained | 我不明白 |
[03:42] | what this has to do with me. | 这跟我有什么关系 |
[03:44] | Well, they presented my client with a warrant | 他们向我的客户出示了解密令 |
[03:47] | seeking to seize any and all data files | 想拿到与某些组织有关的… |
[03:50] | pertaining to the listed groups, | 数据文件 |
[03:51] | all of whom are suspected of trafficking in eco-terror. | 他们怀疑这些组织和生态恐怖主义有关 |
[03:54] | Okay. | 这样啊 |
[03:55] | All of these groups make use of Heptex clouds. | 这些组织用的都是海普泰云服务 |
[03:57] | Every website they visit, every cell call they make, | 他们访问的每个网站 打的每个电话 |
[04:00] | every text and e-mail they send | 收发的短信和邮件 |
[04:02] | is believed to have been recorded | 都被记录下来… |
[04:03] | or catalogued on a Heptex server. | 分类收集在海普泰的服务器上 |
[04:07] | How convenient. | 多方便啊 |
[04:08] | The FBI wants access to these servers. | 联调局想要这些服务器的权限 |
[04:10] | Of course they do. | 当然了 |
[04:11] | And for the moment, my client is refusing to comply. | 目前 我的客户拒绝配合 |
[04:16] | So here’s the thing. I’ve thought about it for a whole 25 minutes, | 这样的 我想了整整25分钟 |
[04:19] | and I think your client’s wrong. | 我觉得是你的客户不对 |
[04:22] | He ought to turn over those servers. | 他应该交出服务器 |
[04:24] | Funny, I don’t recall asking for your opinion. | 有趣 我可没征求你的意见 |
[04:27] | I do recall you owing me three cases. | 倒是你还欠我三个案子 |
[04:31] | You said you were scared on the phone. | 你在电话里说很害怕 |
[04:33] | – Don’t you want them to catch these guys? – Of course I do. | – 总希望他们能破案吧 – 那当然 |
[04:37] | But my client is worried. | 但我客户担心的是 |
[04:38] | If the government can demand to see where people | 如果政府认为某些人是坏人 |
[04:41] | they think might be bad guys have gone on the Web, | 就能查看他们的上网记录 |
[04:43] | what’s to stop them from demanding to see that same | 那么如何阻止他们来查看… |
[04:46] | information about you or me? | 你我的信息 |
[04:49] | What’s my name? | 我姓什么 |
[04:51] | – Bull. – Right. | – 布尔(公牛) – 对 |
[04:53] | Don’t bull a Bull. | 别强迫一头公牛 |
[04:54] | Your client’s trying to convince you | 你的客户… |
[04:55] | that he’s wrapping himself up in the flag, | 想用爱国情怀来说服你 |
[04:57] | when this is really about money. | 实际上是为了钱 |
[04:59] | He’s worried that if he gives up those servers, | 他是担心一旦交出服务器 |
[05:02] | people are gonna stop using his service. | 人们就不再需要他的服务了 |
[05:05] | My advice? Tell him to give up the servers. | 我的建议是 劝他放弃服务器 |
[05:08] | No one’s ever gonna find out. FBI’s not gonna say anything. | 没人会知道 联调局也不会透露 |
[05:10] | It’s not in their self-interest. | 说了对他们没好处 |
[05:13] | And if he decides to kick up a fuss, | 如果他想大闹一场 |
[05:14] | it’s gonna be all over the media. | 媒体会炒得沸沸扬扬 |
[05:16] | And half the country, the half like me | 一半的国人会和我一样 |
[05:18] | that doesn’t want to get blown up | 不希望自己… |
[05:20] | ’cause they’re in the wrong place at the wrong time, | 莫名其妙就被炸飞 |
[05:22] | they’re gonna be very mad at him for not sharing what he knows. | 他们会对他的不合作义愤填膺 |
[05:24] | Thanks for dinner. | 谢谢你的晚餐 |
[05:27] | He’s not my client anymore. | 他不光是我的客户了 |
[05:30] | He’s ours. | 是我们的 |
[05:32] | I’m entitled to three cases | 你和你的公司 |
[05:34] | worth of services from you and your company. | 欠我三个案子 |
[05:37] | And you don’t get to pick the cases. | 你不能挑三拣四 |
[05:40] | So… | 所以 |
[05:41] | leave your id at home, | 放下身段 |
[05:42] | and meet me at my office tomorrow morning at 9:00, | 明天早上九点来我办公室 |
[05:45] | and we can figure out how to proceed. | 商讨下一步怎么做 |
[05:51] | I had a nice time at dinner, too, by the way. | 晚餐我吃得很开心 |
[05:53] | It’s too late. You blew it. | 太晚了 没气氛了 |
[05:56] | I’m not inviting you back to the Batcave. | 不想邀请你去我那里了 |
[05:58] | Nine o’clock. | 九点见 |
[05:59] | Don’t beg. It doesn’t become you. | 别求我 这不像你 |
[06:14] | That’s not funny. | 一点都不好笑 |
[06:18] | Take that off. | 把它拿掉 |
[06:23] | I never said I didn’t want you to speak. | 我没说不让你说话 |
[06:26] | Now, come on. They’re gonna be here any minute. | 快点 他们马上要到了 |
[06:28] | Ms. Nunnelly, they’re on their way in. | 南纳莉女士 他们来了 |
[06:33] | Ooh, that’s a tough one. | 好疼 |
[06:36] | Garrett Tilden, Harry Kemp, | 加勒特·蒂尔顿 哈利·肯普 |
[06:38] | this is Dr. Jason Bull, the gentleman I told you about on the phone. | 这就是我说的杰森·布尔博士 |
[06:42] | Nice to meet you guys. | 幸会 |
[06:43] | – You all right there? – Yeah. It’s nothing. | – 你怎么了 – 没事 |
[06:46] | It’s a little rash I picked up. | 长了点皮疹 |
[06:47] | Some kind of Brazilian thing. Not contagious. | 巴西皮疹 不会传染 |
[06:52] | Uh, well, let’s get right to it, shall we? | 我们谈正事吧 |
[06:56] | I had my staff watch all the morning shows | 我让手下人看了所有早间节目 |
[06:59] | and check all the morning papers and their websites. | 所有早报和它们的网站 |
[07:02] | No one is mentioning Heptex. Not yet. | 目前为止 都没有提到海普泰 |
[07:04] | Of course, the FBI is still hoping you’ll play ball, | 联调局仍然希望你们能配合 |
[07:07] | and they can do this without anyone knowing. | 并保证无人察觉 |
[07:08] | But trust me, if you don’t surrender that data today, | 但相信我 如果今天你们不交出数据 |
[07:12] | somebody is gonna leak that information, | 有人就会泄露此事 |
[07:14] | and they are gonna use public opinion to shame you into doing it. | 他们会用公众舆论逼你们就范的 |
[07:19] | I already gave them the data. | 我已经给他们数据了 |
[07:20] | This morning, before we headed over. | 今早来之前给的 |
[07:25] | – I’m confused. – It’s encrypted. | – 我不明白 – 但那是加密的 |
[07:27] | They won’t be able to read it, not without an encryption key. | 没有密钥他们看不到内容 |
[07:30] | It’s a piece of code. Mr. Tilden and I are the only ones who know it. | 那是一段代码 只有蒂尔顿和我才知道 |
[07:32] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:33] | Harry is my number two. | 哈利是我的二把手 |
[07:35] | Most brilliant mind I’ve ever encountered. | 是我眼里最聪明的人 |
[07:37] | Programming, business, all of it. | 编程 经商 样样精通 |
[07:38] | Future of our company. | 公司的未来靠他了 |
[07:41] | You gave the United States government encrypted data? | 你把加密的数据交给了美国政府吗 |
[07:45] | We figured it would buy us some time, probably a day or so, | 这能拖延一天左右的时间 |
[07:49] | so we could come over here and come up with a game plan. | 可以来这里想出对付的办法 |
[07:51] | Hey, I’ve got a plan. | 我有个办法 |
[07:52] | Give them the key. | 把密钥给他们 |
[07:54] | Excuse me. That’s not the plan. | 拜托 那不是办法 |
[07:56] | That’s not an option we’ve even discussed. | 我们根本没讨论过要那样 |
[07:59] | Well, it’s either that or we go to trial. | 不然的话 我们就打官司 |
[08:01] | And that would be your company | 这是一场… |
[08:02] | versus the United States of America. | 你们公司和美国的对决 |
[08:04] | And as big and powerful and brilliant as you are, | 不管你们有多强大 多聪明 |
[08:08] | the other guy is bigger and richer, | 另一边都比你们更强大 更有钱 |
[08:11] | and has many more resources. | 资源也更多 |
[08:14] | Here’s how I look at it. | 我是这么看的 |
[08:16] | The second the government said they wanted our data, | 政府要我们交出数据时 |
[08:19] | we were screwed. We sell security. | 我们就麻烦了 我们卖的是信息安全 |
[08:21] | We tell the public, we tell the world to give us your data. | 我们让全世界的公众把数据给我们 |
[08:24] | We’ll keep it safe and sound, | 我们会保管好 |
[08:26] | and no one will ever see it. | 绝对不会有人看见 |
[08:27] | I comply with this warrant, and I’m out of business. | 如果我服从了解密令 生意就不用做了 |
[08:31] | – But if I fight it… – As long as we’re in court, | – 但如果我反抗… – 只要上了法庭 |
[08:33] | we’ll be getting millions of dollars of free publicity every day, | 等于每天在做昂贵的免费宣传 |
[08:36] | reminding the world that we do not give up their information. | 告诉世人 哪怕就是联调局要 |
[08:38] | Not to the FBI. | 我们也绝不会泄密 |
[08:40] | Not to anyone. | 谁都不行 |
[08:42] | Well, I guess we have our marching orders, then. | 看来我们方针已很明确 |
[08:50] | Publicity. | 宣传 |
[08:51] | You know, it’s interesting; on the news this morning, | 今天早上的新闻很有意思 |
[08:54] | I heard “Two dead, 11 injured.” | 节目上说 “二死十一伤” |
[08:57] | And it just… it seems… | 不过看来… |
[09:00] | I mean, I understand your point of view, but… | 我理解你们 但… |
[09:02] | I didn’t set that bomb, Dr. Bull, | 那不是我干的 |
[09:03] | and I have no idea who did. | 我也不知道是谁干的 |
[09:05] | But I have 22,000 employees all around the world | 但我在全球各地有两万两千名员工 |
[09:08] | who are dependent on me for a paycheck, | 要靠我发工资 |
[09:10] | and they’ve done nothing wrong. | 他们没干坏事 |
[09:12] | I’ve done nothing wrong. | 我也没干坏事 |
[09:14] | And I live in the United States of America, | 我是住在美国 在这里… |
[09:16] | a place where, if you do nothing wrong, | 如果你没干坏事 |
[09:18] | you shouldn’t be punished. | 就不该受惩罚 |
[09:19] | Not to mention, you are guaranteed a right to personal privacy. | 更别提法律是保护个人隐私权的 |
[09:25] | Agreed. | 我同意 |
[09:26] | When J.P. Told me you were joining us this morning, | 当J.P.告诉我 你今早要来 |
[09:28] | I did my due diligence. | 我也做了调查 |
[09:29] | I know who you are and I know what you do. | 我知道你是谁 做什么工作 |
[09:33] | I’d like to have you on the team, Dr. Bull, | 我希望你能帮我们 布尔博士 |
[09:35] | but if you don’t want to be here… | 但如果你不想… |
[09:37] | He wants to be here. | 他想的 |
[09:39] | Good. I’ll let you know as soon as the government serves us | 好 等政府给我们发第二道解密令时 |
[09:42] | with a second warrant to provide an encryption key. | 我就通知你 |
[09:44] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[09:50] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做错事了吗 |
[09:54] | Speculation continues that the bomb, | 有人猜测 |
[09:56] | apparently a homemade explosive of some sort, | 这颗很明显的自制炸弹… |
[09:59] | was set by a member or members of what are called eco-terror groups, | 是由一名或数名生态恐怖分子引爆的 |
[10:03] | though no group has yet claimed responsibility. | 虽然还没任何组织对此声称负责… |
[10:06] | Frightening. Really frightening. | 骇人听闻 真是骇人听闻 |
[10:09] | I must have eaten at that hotel five, six times, maybe. | 我在那酒店吃饭估计也有五六次了 |
[10:11] | I walk by it every time I go to work. | 每天上班我都要经过那里 |
[10:14] | Hey. Good news, team. | 好消息 各位 |
[10:15] | We have just been hired by one of the biggest companies in the world. | 我们刚被某个世界最大的公司雇佣了 |
[10:19] | Heptex Corporation wants us | 海普泰集团要我们… |
[10:21] | to help them defend their liberty. | 帮他们维护自由权 |
[10:26] | Their liberty? | 自由权 |
[10:28] | Who’s threatening their liberty? | 谁想侵犯他们的自由 |
[10:30] | Well, it’s a pesky little outfit called the FBI. | 就是那个惹人厌的联调局 |
[10:33] | They seem to think that Heptex may have information | 他们认为海普泰可以提供信息 |
[10:35] | that will help them figure out | 帮助他们找出… |
[10:36] | who’s responsible for that bombing at the hotel yesterday. | 昨日酒店爆炸案的真凶 |
[10:46] | Call me crazy, but I sense some discord in the room. | 可能是我疯了 但我感觉气氛有点不对 |
[10:48] | Well, and I’m only speaking for myself, | 只有我想发表意见 |
[10:51] | but it feels like perhaps we belong on the other side | 在这场特殊冲突中 我们好像… |
[10:54] | of this particular conflict. | 不应站错队 |
[10:56] | Does it? | 是吗 |
[10:59] | We’re professionals… | 我们是专业人士… |
[11:01] | professionals for hire… and we don’t always get | 是给别人雇的 |
[11:03] | to choose who hires us. | 不能总对雇主挑三拣四 |
[11:05] | Or what side we’re on. | 或考虑是否站错队 |
[11:07] | But everyone deserves a vigorous defense. | 每个人都值得我们去努力辩护 |
[11:10] | We know that. | 这我们知道 |
[11:11] | But usually… at least since I’ve known you… | 但通常… 至少我对你的了解… |
[11:14] | you’ve always seemed… | 你好像一直都… |
[11:16] | particular about the kind of cases that you’ve gotten involved with. | 比较注重案件的性质之类的 |
[11:21] | You’re assuming you know my point of view on this. | 你以为了解我对此事的观点 |
[11:23] | This is about the right to privacy. | 这案子事关隐私权 |
[11:26] | Aren’t Americans entitled to that? | 这是美国人应有的权利吗 |
[11:28] | Aren’t corporations that abide by the law entitled to that? | 这是守法公司应有的权利吗 |
[11:31] | Of course they are, Bull. | 那是当然 布尔 |
[11:33] | It’s just… this happened a block from us. | 只是… 这事就发生在一个街区外 |
[11:36] | Everyone’s just a little… raw, | 大家都有点… 激动 |
[11:39] | a little tender from this whole thing. | 对这事有点敏感 |
[11:42] | All right. | 是的 |
[11:44] | Understood. | 我理解 |
[11:46] | Now… let’s put together some mock juries. | 现在 我们来组建模拟陪审团 |
[11:48] | I want some privacy advocates, and I want some people | 找一些注重隐私的人 |
[11:50] | who believe that rights are something | 再找一些… |
[11:51] | that can be given up if it is for the greater good. | 认为个人权利不能凌驾于一切之上的人 |
[11:55] | – You got it. – Okay. | – 没问题 – 好 |
[11:57] | I’ll work on some speculative arguments for counsel to consider. | 我会做些推测性争论 以供律师参考 |
[12:00] | – Excellent. Danny. – Yeah? | – 很好 丹妮 – 什么 |
[12:02] | – I’ve got two names for you. – Okay. | – 我有两个人要交给你 – 好 |
[12:04] | 加里·蒂尔顿和哈利·肯普 Gary Tilden and 哈利 Kemp. | |
[12:08] | Tilden is founder and CEO of Heptex. | 蒂尔顿是海普泰的创始人兼首席执行官 |
[12:12] | And Kemp is his right hand. | 肯普是他的二把手 |
[12:13] | Our clients. You want me to investigate our clients? | 我们的客户 你要我去调查他们吗 |
[12:17] | Well, I didn’t pick them. | 我本不想打这官司 |
[12:18] | They didn’t pick me. | 他们也没让我打 |
[12:20] | Sort of a shotgun marriage arranged by lead counsel. | 是首席律师强迫我去打的 |
[12:22] | Oh. And who is lead counsel? | 首席律师是谁 |
[12:27] | That would be… | 是… |
[12:30] | J.P. Nunnelly. | J.P. 南纳莉 |
[12:32] | J.P. Nunnelly? | J.P. 南纳莉 |
[12:37] | What? | 什么 |
[12:38] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么也没说 |
[12:41] | Lead counsel on this case | 这件案子的首席律师 |
[12:42] | is J.P. Nunnelly. | 是J.P. 南纳莉 |
[12:44] | – Oh, what a surprise. – She’s great. | – 真没想到 – 她很棒 |
[12:46] | We love her. | 我们喜欢她 |
[12:47] | – Saved my ass. – Yeah. | – 帮过我大忙 – 对 |
[12:58] | What do you know about encryption, | 数据加密和密钥 |
[13:00] | encryption keys? | 你了解吗 |
[13:02] | Oh, everything. | 我了解 |
[13:03] | Don’t be so modest. | 别太谦虚 |
[13:04] | It sort of has to do with the level of encryption | 这和加密等级… |
[13:06] | and the volume of the data that’s been encrypted. | 及加密数据的总量有关 |
[13:08] | But here’s the bottom line: | 不过关键是 |
[13:10] | no matter how complex the encryption, | 不管加密有多复杂 |
[13:13] | no matter how voluminous the data, | 数据有多庞大 |
[13:15] | there’s always someone, somewhere, | 只要时间充分 |
[13:18] | who, given the necessary amount of time | 外加胜任的技能 |
[13:22] | and proper skill set, can break through. | 总会有人能破解 |
[13:24] | And would you know where to find | 你能找到… |
[13:26] | any of the people who can do that? | 这样的能人吗 |
[13:28] | I might. | 也许可以 |
[13:30] | – I’m guessing this is for Heptex? – Well… | – 这是在帮海普泰吗 – 是… |
[13:35] | Well, then I can’t. | 那我不干 |
[13:37] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[13:38] | A guy in my building got caught in that blast. | 我的一个邻居在爆炸中受了伤 |
[13:40] | Burned his face. | 毁容了 |
[13:41] | He’s in the hospital now. | 现在在医院抢救 |
[13:45] | I’m sorry, Cable. | 抱歉 凯博 |
[13:47] | Were you close? | 你俩关系好么 |
[13:49] | He lived in my building. | 他是我邻居 |
[13:52] | So you won’t do this? | 所以你不愿干 |
[13:57] | Not for them. | 不想为他们干 |
[13:58] | Well, it wouldn’t be for them; they have keys. It would be for me, | 这不是为他们 他们有密钥 是为我 |
[14:02] | assuming that I can get access | 我想获得… |
[14:03] | to the relevant data on the relevant servers, | 相关服务器的信息 |
[14:06] | which is also why I would need your help. | 所以才需要你的帮忙 |
[14:08] | Sounds like you don’t trust your clients. | 你好像不信任客户 |
[14:10] | I don’t know my clients, not yet. | 我还不了解我的客户 |
[14:14] | Will you help me with this? | 你会帮我吗 |
[14:15] | I’m sorry, Dr. Bull, I can’t. | 对不起 布尔博士 帮不了 |
[14:19] | Really? Why not? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[14:21] | Actually, I’m not feeling very well. | 说真的 我感觉不舒服 |
[14:26] | Cable! | 凯博 |
[14:27] | Aren’t you a little concerned | 你难道不担心… |
[14:29] | you won’t have a job when you come back? | 这会丢了你的工作吗 |
[14:42] | – Agreed – Wow. Very cool. | – 同意吗 – 很棒 |
[14:45] | So, all those people are gonna listen to my arguments? | 这些人都是来听我辩护的吗 |
[14:50] | That is the idea. | 计划是这样 |
[14:51] | You get to audition your case, | 你陈述你的案子 |
[14:53] | and we get reactions from the mock jury. | 我们从模拟陪审团得到反馈 |
[14:56] | Biometrics in real time, | 对个人和焦点小组访谈… |
[14:59] | individual and focus group interviews. | 进行实时生物测定 |
[15:01] | You’re a really smart man, Mr. Bull. | 布尔先生 你真聪明 |
[15:04] | Can you say that again, slower? | 你能再说一遍吗 说慢点 |
[15:06] | I’m having trouble following you. | 我刚刚没听清 |
[15:09] | You’re also very funny. | 你还很有趣 |
[15:11] | Well, it’s part of the service. | 这也是服务的一部分 |
[15:13] | Another thing we like to do at TAC | 我们要做的另一件事 |
[15:15] | is we find out everything we can about the other side. | 是尽力知晓对方的一切 |
[15:19] | Well… yeah. | 是的 |
[15:22] | Good. I’m glad we see eye to eye on that. | 很高兴我们看法一致 |
[15:24] | That is why I think | 所以我想要你的客户… |
[15:27] | you should ask your client to give us a copy of the server | 把交给联调局的服务器副本 |
[15:29] | he surrendered to the FBI. | 也给我们一份 |
[15:31] | The encrypted one, that no one can read? | 那个加密的 没人解得开的副本吗 |
[15:33] | That’d be the one. | 是的 |
[15:34] | And now that we’re all on the same team, maybe they can give us a key. | 都是自己人 应该把密钥给我们 |
[15:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:40] | Why do we need the server? | 为何需要服务器 |
[15:41] | So that we can know as much as the other guys, | 这样我们就能和别人知道的一样多 |
[15:45] | and maybe more. | 甚至更多 |
[15:48] | Again, it’s encrypted. | 再说一遍 它被加密了 |
[15:51] | The FBI doesn’t have the key. | 联调局没有密钥 |
[15:53] | My client won’t give them the key, | 我的客户不会给他们 |
[15:54] | which is why we’re going to court. | 所以才要打官司 |
[15:56] | Again, it’s the FBI. | 我也再说一遍 那是联调局 |
[15:58] | And trust me, they are going to crack that thing open. | 相信我 他们会破解的 |
[16:01] | And when they do, they’re not gonna send us | 一旦他们成功了 |
[16:03] | a sweet little e-mail to tell us about it. | 可不会发邮件通知我们 |
[16:07] | Why do you really want it? | 你为何这么想要 |
[16:09] | Don’t you trust the people we’re working for? | 你不相信我们的客户吗 |
[16:12] | Do you? | 你相信么 |
[16:14] | Why are you afraid to ask them for it? | 为何你也害怕去要 |
[16:17] | Anything you discover | 你发现的一切… |
[16:18] | is protected under attorney-client privilege. | 都受”律师-客户守密特权”保护 |
[16:22] | Are you afraid of what you’re going to discover? | 你在担心发现真相吗 |
[16:24] | I like to know who I’m working for. | 我喜欢了解雇主 |
[16:26] | Well, I know who you’re working for. | 我了解你的雇主 |
[16:28] | You’re working for me. | 你的雇主是我 |
[16:30] | And here’s what you need to know: I like to win. | 你只需了解 我喜欢赢 |
[16:33] | And I don’t sense you’re helping me to do that right now. | 我感觉你不想帮我 |
[16:36] | Well, finding out what’s really going on here | 弄清楚来龙去脉 |
[16:38] | isn’t gonna stop you from winning. | 并不妨碍你去赢 |
[16:40] | What are you talking about, “What’s really going on here”? | “来龙去脉” 什么意思 |
[16:42] | It’s very simple: the government is overreaching. | 这很简单 是政府太过度了 |
[16:46] | We have a right to privacy; it’s in the Constitution, Bull. | 宪法明确规定 公民享有隐私权 布尔 |
[16:49] | There’s nothing in the Constitution that says | 但宪法里可没说… |
[16:50] | if you know who killed someone, | 明知杀人犯是谁 |
[16:52] | you have a right to keep that to yourself. | 你也有权保持缄默 |
[17:02] | I hate it when Mom and Dad fight. | 我最讨厌”父母”吵架 |
[17:05] | Really? That’s what you think this is about? | 你真的这么认为吗 |
[17:07] | Some higher principle that puts your client | 崇高的道义就能让你的客户… |
[17:09] | above the greater good? | 凌驾于一切之上吗 |
[17:10] | Well, I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[17:12] | neither of those guys reminds me of Thomas Jefferson. | 这些人可没让我觉得是伟人 |
[17:14] | Really? And who appointed you to the court, Mr. Bull? | 是么 是谁要你去法院的 布尔先生 |
[17:18] | And just so we’re clear, | 我们说清楚 |
[17:19] | I actually do believe that this is an idea worth fighting for. | 是我坚信这一理念值得去捍卫 |
[17:22] | And I’m not saying that they don’t have some other reason | 我并没说 他们这么做… |
[17:24] | for doing what they’re doing, but that’s not my problem. | 是否有其他理由 但这与我无关 |
[17:27] | There is a point of law to argue here, | 这事从法律角度值得去抗争 |
[17:30] | and I have been hired to argue it. | 别人又雇我去抗争 |
[17:31] | And I don’t need to look at those servers | 我无需去看那些服务器… |
[17:33] | to know whether or not I’m doing the right thing! | 来证明我做的是否正确 |
[17:36] | We are, uh… ready downstairs. | 我们…准备下楼了 |
[17:39] | Thank you, Benny. | 谢谢 本尼 |
[18:38] | Good evening, young lady. | 晚上好 女士 |
[18:40] | What can I do for you? | 有什么事 |
[18:41] | Well, my boss just called me, woke me up, | 我老板刚刚给我电话 把我叫醒 |
[18:44] | said he needed a flash drive for this meeting that he’s having. | 说他开会需要一个闪存盘 |
[18:47] | Um, I was gonna run it up to him. | 我得马上给他送去 |
[18:49] | – You have I.D.? – Yeah. One sec. | – 你带名片了吗 – 带了 等一下 |
[18:56] | And your boss’s name? | 你老板叫什么 |
[18:57] | Uh, Harry Kemp. | 哈利·肯普 |
[18:59] | Huh, what do you know. He signed in two minutes before you did. | 哦 他就比你早进来了两分钟 |
[19:02] | You know where you’re going? | 知道他去哪里吗 |
[19:03] | Actually, uh, I don’t. | 这个我倒不知道 |
[19:05] | 5211, 52nd floor. | 五十二层 5211房间 |
[19:08] | Elevator’s on your right. | 电梯在右侧 |
[19:09] | 5211 5211. | |
[19:36] | The Foresight Foundry? | “远见铸造” |
[19:49] | Benjamin? | 本杰明 |
[19:56] | Nice office. | 办公室不错 |
[19:57] | It’s all about the views. | 这里风景好 |
[19:59] | How are things at Homeland Security? | 国土安全部还好吧 |
[20:01] | You’re alive, right? | 你还活着 对吗 |
[20:05] | Keep up the good work. | 那就再接再厉 |
[20:06] | What can I do for you, Benjamin? | 叫我来干吗 本杰明 |
[20:07] | It’s about the Midtown Hotel bombing. | 中心酒店的爆炸案 |
[20:10] | I need a favor. | 我需要帮助 |
[20:13] | I need a copy of the Heptex server. | 我要海普泰的服务器备份 |
[20:19] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[20:21] | What else you want? | 还有别的么 |
[20:22] | Osama bin Laden’s pillbox? | 拉登的药盒 |
[20:25] | John Wilkes Booth’s gun? Just name it, Benny, | 还是约翰·威克斯·布斯的手枪 |
[20:27] | I’ll put it in your shopping cart. | 我都会给你 |
[20:28] | You know how long it took me to get out here? | 我好不容易离开这里 |
[20:30] | I need it. And your buddies in Justice, they owe me. | 我需要它 你们司法部的人欠我情 |
[20:34] | They messed me around really good with that Hayden Watkins case. | 海登·沃特金斯一案 他们整得我够呛 |
[20:37] | You know it’s a paperweight, right? | 你也知道这没用 |
[20:40] | Nobody can crack the thing… we’re talking deep encryption. | 没人能破解 这是深度加密 |
[20:43] | Then you’ve got nothing to lose. | 那你就更不用担心 |
[20:45] | Benny… | 本尼… |
[20:47] | do yourself a favor. | 这样好了 |
[20:50] | Call the U.S. Attorney’s Office. | 联系一下司法部办公室 |
[20:52] | They’re required to provide you with all the evidence. | 要求他们提供详细的证据 |
[20:54] | Which they will. | 他们会的 |
[20:56] | Just… not in time for us to decrypt it. | 只是…我们来不及破解它 |
[20:58] | And what makes you think you can decrypt it? | 你凭什么认为能破解它 |
[21:03] | Got no other way to think. | 没有其他办法了 |
[21:16] | See? Dreams do come true. | 看 梦想是会实现的 |
[21:19] | I didn’t expect to see you until I got to court. | 没想到在开庭前能见到你 |
[21:22] | And maybe not even then. | 还以为你退出了呢 |
[21:24] | Hey, it’s voir dire day. | 今天是审核日 |
[21:26] | I’m not gonna miss voir dire day. | 我不会错过审核日的 |
[21:27] | Maybe you haven’t heard, but I’m the guy | 可能你没听说过 |
[21:29] | who actually put the “Voir” In voir dire day. | 但我是个审核日必须”亮相”的人 |
[21:34] | Hold your applause. | 不用着急为我喝彩 |
[21:37] | Plus, we never get a chance to compare jury strategies. | 再说 我们从没讨论过陪审员策略 |
[21:42] | This doesn’t work for me. | 这对我不管用 |
[21:44] | Hmm? | 嗯 |
[21:45] | I need to know whose team you’re on. | 我要知道你站在哪一边 |
[21:48] | I’m on… your team, obviously. There is no other team. | 我肯定是站在你这边 别无选择 |
[21:52] | But part of being on your team | 但作为你这边的人 |
[21:54] | is me telling you what I think, which I did, | 我必须告诉你自己的想法 |
[21:57] | maybe a little too passionately, for which I apologize. | 可能会有点激动 我为此道歉 |
[22:06] | Well, obviously, I think the key is to find people | 很显然 关键是要找对人 |
[22:08] | who are sympathetic to the idea | 他们要赞同这一理念 |
[22:10] | that our right to privacy isn’t something | 即不能为了迎合政府… |
[22:12] | that can be traded away when it suits the government. | 而放弃我们的隐私权 |
[22:16] | Yeah, that’s one approach. | 不错 这个思路正确 |
[22:19] | But it’s better when you can lay off all that government stuff | 但最好你能驳回政府的说辞 |
[22:21] | and just make it personal. | 把主题引向隐私性 |
[22:22] | What’s more personal than the Constitution? | 还有什么比宪法和权利法案… |
[22:25] | Than our Bill of Rights? | 更具隐私性的 |
[22:26] | Your browser history, for one. | 比如你的浏览历史记录 |
[22:30] | We all have secrets, J.P. | 我们都有秘密 J.P. |
[22:32] | And because we conduct so much of our personal | 因为手机和电脑充斥着… |
[22:36] | and business lives on phones and computers, | 我们的工作和私生活 所以… |
[22:39] | those secrets don’t go away. | 那些秘密不会消逝 |
[22:40] | They’re parked all over the world on servers, | 它们被储存在各地的服务器里 |
[22:43] | just like the ones your client owns. | 比如你客户的服务器 |
[22:45] | So, I think the key is to find people who understand that. | 所以我认为 关键是要找理解这点的人 |
[22:49] | Who understand this is a personal threat. | 能看出这威胁到了个人隐私 |
[22:54] | Potential juror number one: pool equipment salesman. | 一号候选陪审员 泳池设备推销员 |
[22:57] | 38 years old. | 三十八岁 |
[22:59] | My deep dive on the Web | 网上调查发现 |
[23:01] | indicates he has nothing in his bank account. | 他的银行账户里一分钱都没有 |
[23:04] | His mortgage is seriously underwater. | 房屋抵押贷款明显资不抵债 |
[23:06] | Oh, he’s wearing an expensive wristwatch, | 那块手表倒是价值不菲 |
[23:08] | and has a ring full of bling. | 戒指闪闪发光 |
[23:11] | Certainly wants to project the appearance of success. | 看来很注重外表 |
[23:14] | That is a man who values his secrets. | 那个人绝对注重隐私 |
[23:17] | Our kind of guy. | 是我们要的人 |
[23:18] | Potential juror number 11 is a 32-year-old graphics designer. | 十一号候选陪审员是32岁的图形设计师 |
[23:23] | And speaking of “Graphic,” | 说到图形 |
[23:24] | He happens to subscribe to three different pornographic websites. | 他注册了三家不同的色情网站 |
[23:27] | Three? But so much of it is free. | 三家 有很多是免费的呀 |
[23:31] | I’m told. | 知道了 |
[23:33] | Hands up. How many of you have watched adult entertainment? | 看过成人娱乐节目的请举手 |
[23:40] | How many of you subscribe… | 有多少人注册… |
[23:42] | that is, pay money… to have access to an adult website? | 也就是说付钱进入成人网站的 |
[23:49] | That’s the man I want on my jury. | 我要他加入陪审团 |
[24:00] | Chunk, you scared me. | 强克 你吓到我了 |
[24:01] | What are you doing in here? | 你在干吗 |
[24:03] | I’m looking for a jacket. | 我想找件外衣 |
[24:04] | I’ve been trailing that guy Harry Kemp | 我跟踪哈利·肯普两天了 |
[24:05] | for the last two nights in the same coat, and I need something new. | 都没换过衣服 要换一件 |
[24:09] | Nice. | 很好 |
[24:10] | I want this back. | 这个要还我 |
[24:11] | Make no promises. | 那可不一定 |
[24:14] | It’s weird, you know. | 很奇怪 |
[24:15] | Every night around midnight, | 每晚午夜 |
[24:16] | he ends up in the same office on Sixth Avenue. | 他总会去第六大道的一间办公室 |
[24:19] | It’s a place called The Foresight Foundry. | 名叫”远见铸造” |
[24:21] | There’s nothing about them on the Internet. | 网上也搜不到它的信息 |
[24:22] | They have cameras out front and a handprint reader, | 门口有摄像头 还有指纹识别器 |
[24:25] | so it’s not like I can just walk inside, you know? | 我没法直接进去 |
[24:28] | Sounds serious. | 听上去挺危险 |
[24:30] | You know those little transmitters | 那种小发射器… |
[24:31] | that you stick on Bull in court so Marissa can hear him? | 布尔在法庭上戴着让玛丽莎听的 |
[24:37] | – Bingo. – I want my coat back. | – 就这个 – 外衣要还我 |
[24:40] | I make no promises. | 那可不一定 |
[24:47] | Thanks for dinner. | 谢谢你的晚餐 |
[24:49] | Well, I think we did all we could jury wise. | 陪审团的事我们尽力了 |
[24:53] | So what turned you around? | 是什么让你回心转意的 |
[24:56] | I mean, last night, you were convinced we were harboring killers, | 昨晚你还觉得我们是在包庇凶犯 |
[24:59] | and today, you’re helping me find just the right jurors | 今天却帮我选出了正确的陪审员 |
[25:02] | with the deepest, darkest secrets. | 个个深藏阴暗隐私 |
[25:06] | Seems a little schizophrenic, wouldn’t you say? | 前后态度不一致啊 |
[25:08] | You hired me to do a job. | 你雇我做事 |
[25:09] | I realized… I had an obligation | 我意识到 这是我的义务 |
[25:13] | to you, your client and myself. | 对你 你的客户 还有我自己 |
[25:18] | Nice summation, Counselor. | 说得漂亮 律师 |
[25:22] | I’m not sure I completely believe it. | 你的话我不能全信 |
[25:24] | But I appreciate the effort it must have taken | 但你能站到我这一边 并为我开道 |
[25:27] | to put your boots on and shovel all that over my way. | 我很感谢 |
[25:35] | See you in the morning, Bull. | 布尔 明早见 |
[25:50] | I’m sorry. Are you okay? | 抱歉 你不要紧吧 |
[25:53] | – Are you okay? I’m sorry. – Yeah, I just… | – 没事吧 真抱歉 – 没事… |
[25:55] | – Get your hands off me. – Okay. My hands aren’t on you. | – 别碰我 – 好 我不碰你 |
[25:57] | God, watch where you’re going. | 走路看着点 |
[25:59] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[26:09] | Taxi? Taxi? | 出租车 出租车 |
[26:20] | Isn’t it past your TV time? | 你没看电视吗 |
[26:22] | Shouldn’t you be asleep, | 不睡觉吗 |
[26:23] | so you can have a productive day at school tomorrow? | 明天还要精力充沛地”上学”呢 |
[26:28] | Is this even something someone your age should be watching? | 这是你这个年纪该看的东西吗 |
[26:33] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[26:35] | What’s that? | 那又是什么 |
[26:38] | Oh, goodness. | 天呐 |
[26:39] | – Is it…? – Mm-hmm. | – 不会是… – 是的 |
[26:41] | But how? | 怎么做到的 |
[26:42] | You don’t want to know, but you might want to thank Benny. | 这你不会感兴趣 只需感谢我就行了 |
[26:46] | And it’s unencrypted? | 破解了吗 |
[26:48] | Looks that way. The parts we needed anyway. | 看来是的 是我们要的那部分 |
[26:51] | – You were able to do that? – Nope. | – 这个你也能搞定 – 不是我 |
[26:54] | Cable? | 是凯博 |
[26:56] | Not her personally, but she made it happen. | 不是她亲自干的 但是她的功劳 |
[26:58] | And who made her happen? | 是谁让她有功的 |
[27:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:06] | You didn’t happen to apologize to her for me, did you? | 你有没有替我向她道歉 |
[27:12] | Oh, good, ’cause I wanted to do that myself. | 很好 因为我想亲自道歉 |
[27:18] | – Did you find anything? – Nope, not yet. | – 有什么发现吗 – 还没 |
[27:21] | Can I help? | 我能做什么 |
[27:23] | – You have court in the morning. – Well, so do you, kind of. | – 明早你要出庭 – 你也要早起的 |
[27:25] | Go to bed, Bull. It’ll go so much faster without you here. | 去睡觉吧 你在这里只会帮倒忙 |
[27:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:37] | Honestly. | 真心的 |
[27:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:41] | Are you still up? | 你还不走 |
[27:44] | I’m going. | 我走了 |
[28:04] | Peace offering. | 友好姿态 |
[28:09] | Thank you for agreeing to see me | 这么早愿意来见我 |
[28:12] | so early in the morning. | 非常感谢 |
[28:16] | I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一个道歉 |
[28:20] | I’m a psychologist by trade, | 我的职业是心理学家 |
[28:22] | which implies that I know something about human behavior. | 所以我了解人类的行为模式 |
[28:26] | Which makes it all the more embarrassing | 所以当我失控时 |
[28:28] | when I have no control over my own. | 心里更为尴尬 |
[28:34] | I’m sorry I yelled at you. | 很抱歉我态度不好 |
[28:38] | I’m sorry I threatened your job. | 很抱歉拿工作来威胁你 |
[28:43] | And I appreciate what you did to help me and Marissa, | 我很感激你对我和玛丽莎的帮助 |
[28:45] | even though I know it went against your principles. | 虽然这有悖于你的原则 |
[28:48] | It wasn’t me. I got help from this hacker group I belong to. | 不是我 是我加入的黑客组织帮了我 |
[28:51] | Mostly, this guy in Frankfurt… EIKabong. | 基本上是法兰克福那个叫克邦的人… |
[28:55] | At least I think he’s a guy. | 我觉得他可能是男的 |
[28:57] | Well, thank… Mr. Or Mrs. Kabong for me. | 替我谢谢克邦 不管男女 |
[29:01] | And on reflection, I’m not totally sure | 经过再三考虑 我也不确定… |
[29:05] | my principles make all that much sense. | 我的原则是否完全合理 |
[29:08] | I think… I was just upset. | 我… 我只是不高兴 |
[29:13] | I was mad at Heptex | 我恨海普泰 |
[29:15] | ’cause they wouldn’t help figure out who hurt my friend, | 因为他们不愿帮忙找出伤我朋友的真凶 |
[29:18] | and I was mad at you for helping Heptex. | 你要帮他们 我也对你不满 |
[29:22] | And then Marissa explained to me | 后来玛丽莎跟我解释 |
[29:24] | that you were mad at Heptex, too. | 说你也不喜欢海普泰 |
[29:27] | You were frustrated. You wanted to get to the bottom of it, | 你很恼火 你想弄明白 |
[29:29] | and the only way to do that was to see what was on the server. | 唯一的办法就是搞清服务器里有什么 |
[29:37] | She have any luck yet? | 她有进展吗 |
[29:39] | Not the last time I checked. | 还没有 |
[29:43] | Would you like me to go to the office? | 你要我去办公室吗 |
[29:47] | Maybe take over while she helps you out here? | 我去替她 让她来这里帮你 |
[29:51] | Yes, please. | 好的 |
[29:59] | Uh, for what it’s worth, | 我有个想法 |
[30:02] | I’m not actually sure we’re right about any of that stuff anyway. | 我不太确定这件事是否对头 |
[30:08] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:11] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[30:12] | I just think the world must have been an easier place to navigate | 我觉得 要是我们做过的事… |
[30:15] | when everything we did, every secret we have, everything we | 有过的秘密 每次探寻 好奇和梦想… |
[30:18] | ever looked up, wondered about, dreamed about, | 都不会被保存在网上 |
[30:20] | wasn’t preserved online | 不会被人发现 |
[30:22] | where someone else could find it. | 那这个世界会更美好 |
[30:26] | Where’s this coming from? | 为什么这么想 |
[30:29] | When Kabong cracked the server, | 克邦破解了服务器后 |
[30:32] | I did a search, just to test it. | 为了测试一下 我进行了搜索 |
[30:36] | I searched “Jason Bull.” | 我搜了” 杰森·布尔 “ |
[30:39] | All this time, listening to you talk about | 你一直以来都在说… |
[30:43] | how little you think of lawyers, | 自己很瞧不起律师 |
[30:44] | how that’s the last thing you want to do, | 最不想做的就是律师 |
[30:47] | how they’re the lowest form of life. | 称他们的生活方式最为低级 |
[30:50] | Well, some of that was for effect. | 有时只是说说而已 |
[30:53] | Dr. Bull, in 2003, | 2003年 有个叫布尔的人… |
[30:56] | a “J. Bull” Took the bar exam in Texas. | 在德州参加了律师资格考试 |
[31:01] | And failed. | 两次… |
[31:03] | Twice. | 都失败了 |
[31:14] | Now you know. | 现在你知道了 |
[31:16] | But I didn’t need to. | 但我不需要知道啊 |
[31:19] | I just think that people should be entitled to fail | 我认为一个人的失败… |
[31:23] | without the whole world knowing. | 无需众人皆知 |
[31:25] | That we shouldn’t let the bad guys hurt the good guys, | 我们不该放任坏人伤害好人 |
[31:28] | but we also shouldn’t penalize the good guys if we can avoid it. | 但也应该尽力不误伤好人 |
[31:34] | You might be onto something there, Cable. | 你说得有道理 凯博 |
[31:38] | Thank you. | 再一次… |
[31:39] | Again. | 谢谢你 |
[31:42] | Okay. | 不客气 |
[31:47] | Terrorists are out there, | 恐怖分子跃跃欲试 |
[31:49] | and they want to hurt us. | 想伤害我们 |
[31:52] | It’s a grim reality of modern-day life. | 这就是现代生活的残酷现实 |
[31:56] | We’ve all seen it. | 我们都看得到 |
[31:58] | Sadly, | 不幸的是 |
[31:59] | some of us have even experienced it. | 我们中有人甚至亲身经历过 |
[32:02] | Terror is real. | 恐怖是真实存在的 |
[32:05] | And our fear of it is justified. | 我们有理由感到恐惧 |
[32:08] | But our country is founded… | 但我们的国家是建立在… |
[32:11] | You don’t want to hear how they’re reacting, Bull. | 陪审团的反应可不好 布尔 |
[32:13] | Yeah, I can see it. | 我看到了 |
[32:15] | – It’s bad. – They’re asleep, Bull. | – 很糟糕 – 他们快睡着了 布尔 |
[32:18] | Actually, I’m kind of jealous. | 说实话 我有点嫉妒 |
[32:19] | Nothing she’s saying is resonating with them. | 她的话打动不了他们 |
[32:21] | …it’s very hard to put the genie back in the bottle. | …要把魔鬼装回瓶子是很困难的 |
[32:28] | Rights are… something to be protected. | 人权…应当被保护 |
[32:32] | And cherished, and… | 被珍惜 被… |
[32:35] | Your Honor, would you excuse me? | 法官大人 稍等一下 |
[32:40] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧 |
[32:45] | Your Honor, can I take a five-minute recess? | 法官大人 能休庭五分钟吗 |
[32:47] | If you can cure that man in five minutes, you can be my doctor. | 你要是五分钟能治好他 来当我的医生吧 |
[32:50] | Five-minute recess. | 休庭五分钟 |
[32:56] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[32:58] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[33:00] | You interrupted my summation to the jury | 你打断我对陪审团的结案陈词 |
[33:02] | to tell me you were wrong about something? | 就为了说这个 |
[33:03] | I interrupted your summation to the jury | 我打断你的陈词 |
[33:04] | because it isn’t working, and the reason it isn’t working | 因为你说的没效果 原因是… |
[33:06] | is because I don’t think you believe it anymore. | 你自己都不信 |
[33:08] | I think I convinced you | 我曾劝说过你 |
[33:10] | that your thinking was faulty. | 说你的想法是错的 |
[33:12] | But it wasn’t. | 但你没错 |
[33:14] | My thinking… | 我的想法… |
[33:16] | – my thinking was faulty. – What are you talking about? | – 我的想法才错了 – 你说什么 |
[33:19] | I think the world must have been an easier place | 我觉得 要是我们做过的事… |
[33:21] | to navigate when everything we did, every secret we had, | 有过的秘密 每次探寻… |
[33:25] | everything we looked up, wondered about, | 好奇和梦想… |
[33:26] | dreamt about, try to accomplish, | 每次拼搏… |
[33:28] | fail to accomplish, give up on or succeed, | 失败 放弃或成功… |
[33:30] | wasn’t stored forever in one place | 都不会被保存在网上 |
[33:32] | where someone, maybe even our government, can see it and judge it, | 不会被他人或政府发现 随意评判 |
[33:38] | and then use it against us | 并用来攻击我们 |
[33:41] | without our permission. | 那这个世界会更美好 |
[33:46] | ‘Cause you know what happens in a country like that? | 否则 一个国家会成什么样 |
[33:48] | People stop looking things up. | 人们不再追寻 |
[33:51] | People stop wondering. | 不敢好奇 |
[33:55] | People stop dreaming. | 不再逐梦 |
[33:58] | They don’t fail. | 他们不会失败 |
[34:00] | They just don’t do anything. | 他们无所事事 |
[34:02] | Because when their right to privacy is taken away, | 因为当他们的隐私权被剥夺时 |
[34:07] | their ability to move forward, | 他们前进的能力… |
[34:10] | to reinvent themselves, to imagine something better | 重塑自我 畅想未来的能力… |
[34:15] | is taken away, too. | 也被剥夺了 |
[34:17] | So, please, | 所以 |
[34:19] | vote “Not guilty” On the government’s motion | 对于政府想解开我客户服务器的要求 |
[34:22] | to unlock my client’s servers. | 恳求你们选择”不” |
[34:26] | We’ll still find the bad guys. | 我们还是能抓到坏人 |
[34:29] | We’ve managed to do it for a couple of hundred years | 数百年来我们都是这么做的 |
[34:33] | without invading the privacy of others. | 不靠侵害他人隐私 |
[34:37] | And we’ve done it with liberty | 靠的是自由… |
[34:40] | and justice for all. | 和正义 |
[34:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:46] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[34:47] | What do you mean, “Wow”? What do the graphs say? | 图表怎么说的 |
[34:50] | Oh, G… I’m sorry, Bull. I got so caught up in what she was saying, | 对不起 太专注于她的结案呈词了 |
[34:53] | I…I forgot to look. | 忘记看了 |
[35:00] | – Mr. Foreman, have you reached a verdict? – Yes, Your Honor. | – 陪审团有裁决了吗 – 是的 法官大人 |
[35:03] | In the case of The United States v. Heptex, | 就美利坚合众国诉海普泰一案 |
[35:06] | Garrett Tilden and Harold Kemp, | 加勒特·蒂尔顿和哈罗德·肯普 |
[35:09] | on charges of violating Title 18… | 被控违反法典第十八篇… |
[35:12] | concealment of records in a federal investigation… | 在联邦调查中隐瞒信息… |
[35:15] | we find the defendants not guilty. | 我们裁定被告人无罪 |
[35:18] | Jury, thank you for your service. | 陪审团 谢谢你们 |
[35:20] | Court is adjourned. | 休庭 |
[35:37] | Congratulations, Chief. | 恭喜你 头儿 |
[35:39] | Thank you, Marissa. I couldn’t have done it without you. | 谢谢 玛丽莎 没你赢不了 |
[35:41] | But I got a question for you: | 但我有个问题 |
[35:42] | how’s Cable doing with that server? | 那个服务器凯博有进展吗 |
[35:45] | She find anything yet? | 发现什么了吗 |
[35:46] | Not really. No major breakthroughs yet. | 还没有什么重大突破 |
[35:49] | Well, tell her to stop. Tell her to forget it. | 让她停下吧 不用管了 |
[35:52] | Whatever you say. | 听你的 |
[35:53] | And Danny… she discover anything? | 丹妮有什么发现吗 |
[35:55] | Nothing she can make sense of yet. | 没发现什么 |
[35:57] | Tell her to stop as well. | 让她也罢手吧 |
[35:58] | Case is closed. | 案子已了结 |
[36:01] | And you should go home and get some sleep. | 你该回家好好睡一觉 |
[36:04] | Aye, aye, Captain. | 好的 老大 |
[36:06] | Night. | 晚安 |
[36:08] | No, no, no, no, you can’t eat on a momentous occasion like this | 不 不 这么重要的场合 |
[36:12] | and not wash it down with | 不能不喝酒 |
[36:14] | Champagne Armand de Brignac Brut. | 阿尔芒德布里格纳香槟 |
[36:17] | I happen to have | 我刚好有一瓶 |
[36:18] | a bottle on these very premises. | 就是为这种场合准备的 |
[36:30] | Oh, hi. | 嗨 |
[36:31] | Bull. Hi, J.P. | 布尔 你好 J.P. |
[36:34] | I don’t get this. What is everybody doing here? | 我不明白 怎么还在这里 |
[36:36] | And why aren’t you asleep, young lady? | 你为何不去睡觉 |
[36:37] | I know you told us to forget about it, | 我知道你说别管了 |
[36:39] | but right after I got off the phone with you, | 但刚和你通完话 |
[36:41] | we made some real headway. | 我们就有发现了 |
[36:43] | Want to see what we’ve got? | 想看看吗 |
[36:46] | Is she talking about the server? | 她说的是服务器吗 |
[36:50] | That’s the server you have in there, isn’t it? | 你们搞到服务器了 |
[36:57] | You know, I’m… I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[37:00] | Forget I said anything. | 当我没说 |
[37:01] | Bull, I’m gonna… okay. | 布尔 我这就… |
[37:09] | You go ahead. | 你去吧 |
[37:11] | Go in there. | 去吧 |
[37:13] | Do it. You know you want to. | 去吧 你明明想去 |
[37:18] | What about dinner? | 那晚餐呢 |
[37:20] | I’m gonna let you in on a big secret, Mr. Bull. | 布尔先生 一个巨大的秘密就在眼前 |
[37:24] | They serve dinner every night of the week here in New York City. | 要吃晚餐天天都能吃 这可是纽约 |
[37:33] | Thanks for your help today. | 谢谢你帮我 |
[37:36] | Of course if you do find anything interesting, | 如果你发现了什么有趣的东西 |
[37:40] | I have been known to eat late. | 我的晚餐吃得很晚 |
[37:47] | Thank you for agreeing to meet us on such short notice. | 谢谢你们匆忙赶来 |
[37:49] | For you two, anything. | 应该的 |
[37:50] | Well, we’ve been trying to puzzle a couple of things out. | 我们一直想解开一些谜团 |
[37:55] | Couple of computer things, mathematical curiosities. | 一些电脑问题 和数学有关 |
[37:57] | And I remember you saying that Mr. Kemp here | 记得你说过 这位肯普先生… |
[38:00] | was one of the smartest guys you ever met. | 是你眼里最聪明的人 |
[38:02] | Anyway, an associate of mine | 我的一个同事 |
[38:04] | has been working on this case. | 在办一个案子 |
[38:05] | She’s been following a suspect. | 她一直在跟踪一个嫌疑人 |
[38:07] | And every night, around midnight, | 每天晚上 午夜时分 |
[38:09] | this suspect disappears | 这个嫌疑人 |
[38:10] | into a high-security office on Sixth Avenue | 都会去一间戒备森严的办公室 |
[38:14] | called The Foresight Foundry. | 它在第六大街 叫”远见铸造” |
[38:16] | Long story short, | 长话短说 |
[38:17] | she got this recording of her suspect and someone | 她拿到了一段嫌疑人在办公室里的… |
[38:21] | on the inside. | 谈话录音 |
[38:23] | Now, we were wondering if you could make heads or tail of it, | 看看你们能否帮我们理清头绪 |
[38:25] | because the quality isn’t great, the voices are pretty rough, | 虽然音质不太好 声音较粗糙 |
[38:28] | but you-you can make out what they’re saying. | 但你们应该听得清 |
[38:32] | Ready? BA111. | 准备好了吗 BA111 |
[38:35] | 6:59 a.m. | 早上6:59分 |
[38:37] | AA3 AA3. | |
[38:39] | I’m gonna go with 3:22 p.m. | 我选下午3:22 |
[38:41] | DL1520 DL1520. | |
[38:43] | 7:14 p.m. | 晚上7:14 |
[38:46] | That’s three. | 就这三个 |
[38:47] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[38:48] | A million per? | 一百万一个吗 |
[38:50] | A million per. | 一百万一个 |
[38:53] | I have no idea. | 我毫无头绪 |
[38:55] | – Me either. – I know. | – 我也是 – 我明白 |
[38:57] | It’s really a puzzler, isn’t it? | 很费解 是吧 |
[38:59] | Turns out, it is a form of extreme gambling. | 结果发现 这是一种极端的赌博形式 |
[39:03] | Folks with major money who want to get a serious rush, | 一群拿着巨款的人寻求刺激 |
[39:07] | they bet on extraordinarily mundane things | 他们拿世上最平常的… |
[39:09] | that they have no control over. | 却又无法控制的事打赌 |
[39:11] | Like the times | 比如说… |
[39:13] | major airlines actually touch down at airports | 全球主要航班的… |
[39:16] | all over the world. | 实际落地时间 |
[39:18] | That’s what that was. | 听的就是这个 |
[39:19] | “A million per.” The man you just listened to | “一百万一个” 你刚才听见的这个人 |
[39:21] | bet $3 million in one night. | 一晚上就赌了三百万 |
[39:24] | And lost, by the way. | 结果输了 |
[39:25] | Okay. So what does any of this have to do with us? | 这跟我们有什么关系 |
[39:29] | Well, I’m getting to that. | 我正要说 |
[39:30] | So, these are the wire transfer receipts from a Swiss bank. | 这是瑞士一家银行的电汇信息 |
[39:34] | Now, someone in your company who was $65 million underwater | 你公司里有个人欠债六千五百万 |
[39:38] | received a wire transfer immediately following | 在中心酒店爆炸后 |
[39:42] | the Midtown bombing for $100 million. | 立刻收到了一亿的转账 |
[39:48] | Putting him $35 million up. | 赚了三千五百万 |
[39:52] | Uh… J.P., I don’t understand. | J.P. 我听不明白 |
[39:57] | The man who lost that money gambling | 那个赌博输了钱的… |
[39:59] | and the man who got $100 million wired to him | 和那个在爆炸后收到一亿元的… |
[40:01] | within minutes of the blast are the same man. | 是同一个人 |
[40:05] | And we can prove it. | 这个我们可以证明 |
[40:10] | Do you have any idea what they’re talking about? | 你知道他们在说什么吗 |
[40:13] | They hacked into our server. They got a copy or… | 他们黑进了我们的服务器 他们有备份… |
[40:15] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等一下 |
[40:16] | So what they’re saying is true? | 他们说的是真的吗 |
[40:24] | Is it you? | 是你吗 |
[40:25] | W-What did you do, Harry?! | 你干了什么 哈利 |
[40:26] | He sold the names of three very wealthy and powerful people | 他把三个有钱有势的人… |
[40:30] | to an international consortium that wanted them dead. | 出卖给了想让他们死的国际财团 |
[40:33] | He was able to guarantee that they would all be in the hotel ballroom | 因为他能保证 早上十点十五时… |
[40:36] | at 10:15 in the morning. | 他们都在酒店舞厅里 |
[40:38] | All sitting at the same table. | 都坐在同一张桌上 |
[40:40] | The table the bomb was attached to. | 这桌子装了炸弹 |
[40:42] | And it had nothing to do with eco-terror | 这事和”生态恐怖”无关 |
[40:44] | and everything to do with how some people are willing | 这事是为了扫除障碍… |
[40:47] | to kill to get people out of the way. | 蓄意杀人 |
[40:52] | Is any of this true, Harry? | 这都是真的吗 哈利 |
[40:56] | Doesn’t matter. | 不要紧 |
[40:59] | They can’t go to anyone with it. | 他们什么都做不了 |
[41:01] | Attorney-client privilege. | 要遵守”律师-客户守密特权” |
[41:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:06] | Now you actually force me to embarrass myself. | 你是在逼我自爆短处 |
[41:10] | I’m actually not an attorney. | 我其实不是律师 |
[41:12] | Which, by the way, is also on your server, | 这在你的服务器上也查得到 |
[41:14] | which is why I was able to call the FBI. | 所以我已经给联调局打了电话 |
[41:18] | Oh, look, here they are. | 看 他们到了 |
[41:22] | Harry Kemp, stand up. | 哈利·肯普 站起来 |
[41:24] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[41:27] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 你说的每句话都可能成为呈堂证供 |
[41:31] | Sorry, sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[41:32] | Just let me feed the dog, and then I promise, | 让我喂一下狗 然后我保证 |
[41:34] | we will go out for a victory dinner. | 跟你出去吃庆功宴 |
[41:38] | You have a dog? | 你养了狗 |
[41:40] | I sure do. | 是的 |
[41:42] | It’s not one of those little ball of lint things | 不是那种挂在钱包上的… |
[41:45] | that people carry around in their purse, | 小毛线球狗狗吧 |
[41:47] | but like a real dog? | 是条真狗吗 |
[41:54] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[41:55] | Wow, a collie. | 柯利牧羊犬 |
[41:59] | Is that real enough for you? | 不是假的吧 |
[42:01] | Yeah. | 的确 |
[42:04] | It’s kind of perfect. | 真完美 |
[42:06] | Wow, lot of books lying around… | 摆满了书 |
[42:10] | …fireplace… | 壁炉 |
[42:13] | and a lot of wood. | 满是木结构 |
[42:15] | I love the open ceilings. | 我喜欢开放式天花板 |
[42:20] | And what am I looking at out here? | 窗外是什么 |
[42:23] | That’s the Pond in Central Park. | 中央公园的池塘 |
[42:27] | She’s got a pond. | 她还有个池塘 |
[42:28] | Hi, honey. | 宝贝 |
[42:30] | Hi, mister. Hi. | 小绅士 嗨 |
[42:33] | You have no idea how much trouble you’re in. | 你这回麻烦大了 |
[42:37] | You ready? | 可以走了吗 |
[42:40] | Ah. | 好 |