时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Here in the Big Apple | 纽约这里的人 |
[00:03] | we love our scandals. | 都爱绯闻 |
[00:05] | They’re the oxygen we breathe. | 它们无处不在 |
[00:07] | Like the spring flowers in Central Park, | 就像中央公园春天开的花 |
[00:10] | they bloom across the front pages | 在广受欢迎的八卦日报首页上 |
[00:12] | of our beloved tabloids. | 开遍了各个角落 |
[00:14] | Whether it’s that mayoral candidate | 无论是市长候选人 |
[00:16] | and his sexting, | 发的暧昧短信 |
[00:17] | or that governor and his friend | 还是那个州长 |
[00:19] | with the perfect lady parts, | 火辣的女性朋友 |
[00:21] | or our president and his second wife-to-be | 抑或是我们总统和他的二任妻子 |
[00:23] | cheating on his first wife, | 背叛他的首任妻子 |
[00:24] | or his third wife-to-be | 甚至是他的三任 |
[00:25] | cheating on his second wife, | 背叛他的二任 |
[00:27] | it’s a scandal | 只要是绯闻 |
[00:29] | and we love it. | 我们就爱听 |
[00:31] | And when the scandal fades, we wilt, | 当绯闻过去时 我们就蔫了 |
[00:34] | until suddenly, unexpectedly, | 直到突然 冷不丁的 |
[00:38] | a new one comes along. | 新的又来了 |
[00:41] | You tell that Australian son of a bitch | 你告诉那个澳洲狗娘养的 |
[00:43] | that a billion is as high as I’m going to go. | 我最多就出十亿 |
[00:46] | And if he wants to find anyone else | 如果他想另找他人 |
[00:48] | who’s willing to buy his newspapers | 开更高的价买下他的报社 |
[00:50] | and television stations for more, | 还有电视台 |
[00:51] | he should go ahead and make the deal. | 就由他去吧 |
[00:54] | But he’d better make it fast, | 但他最好马上动手 |
[00:56] | because my offer is only good for 12 more hours. | 因为我的开价有效期只有十二小时 |
[01:05] | You’re still up? | 你还没睡 |
[01:07] | I told you, | 我都说了 |
[01:08] | there’s nothing else to discuss, darling. | 没什么可谈的了 亲爱的 |
[01:12] | I’m not about to renegotiate our prenup. | 我不会重定婚前协议的 |
[01:14] | We’ve been married for five years. | 我们都结婚五年了 |
[01:16] | People don’t renegotiate their prenups after they’re married. | 没人在结婚后重定婚前协议 |
[01:19] | That’s why it’s called “prenup.” | 要不然怎么叫”婚前协议” |
[01:22] | Well… | 这个… |
[01:24] | I would hope, after all these years together, | 我是希望 在相处的这几年间 |
[01:28] | you’d see that I’m worth far more | 你会意识到 我比你一开始想的 |
[01:29] | than you originally thought. | 要珍贵多了 |
[01:31] | I’m sorry, dearest, but I believe | 对不起亲爱的 但我觉得 |
[01:33] | that the agreement we reached before we wed was very generous. | 那份婚前协定待你不薄 |
[01:37] | And I still believe that. | 我坚持我的看法 |
[01:39] | Look at it from my side. | 站在我的角度想想 |
[01:41] | Each day that goes by is less and less kind to your beauty. | 你的美貌无时无刻不受岁月蹉跎 |
[01:46] | And I haven’t asked to renegotiate. | 我也没有要求重新协商 |
[01:49] | Have I? | 不是吗 |
[01:51] | No. | 是 |
[02:10] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[02:11] | Kara, my darling! | 我亲爱的卡拉 |
[02:13] | What did you do? | 你这是干什么 |
[02:18] | No! | 不 |
[02:26] | No! | 不 |
[02:28] | Wh… Why? | 为什么 |
[02:46] | 911 operator. | 这里是911 |
[02:47] | Hello, police. | 你好 警察 |
[02:48] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 夫人 |
[02:49] | This is Kara Clayton. | 我是卡拉·克雷顿 |
[02:51] | And what’s your emergency? | 你为何报警 |
[02:52] | My husband tried to stab me to death. | 我的丈夫想捅死我 |
[02:54] | – Okay, ma’am. – I shot him three times. | – 好的 夫人 – 我开枪射了他三次 |
[02:56] | I need you to stay on the line with me. | 请不要挂机 |
[03:44] | Hey, where’s Dr. Bull? | 布尔博士在哪 |
[04:06] | Dr. Bull? | 布尔博士 |
[04:08] | They’re ready to see you now. | 他们现在准备好了 |
[04:11] | Dr. Bull, Perry Sinclair. | 布尔博士 我是派瑞·辛克莱尔 |
[04:12] | Thank you for joining us. | 谢谢你帮我们打官司 |
[04:14] | Well, how could I resist? | 我怎么能回绝呢 |
[04:16] | Look at this room. | 看这房间多好 |
[04:17] | Who do we have here? | 介绍一下在座各位吧 |
[04:19] | This is George Donahue, | 这是乔治·顿修 |
[04:21] | Clayton Communications’ COO. | 克雷顿通讯集团的首席运营官 |
[04:22] | Doctor. | 博士 |
[04:23] | It’s an honor. | 我很荣幸 |
[04:25] | And look at this. | 再看看这场面 |
[04:27] | Six different law firms represented here. | 六个不同律师行的人都在场 |
[04:29] | It’s like the New York Yankees of attorneys. | 真像是律师的纽约扬基队 |
[04:31] | What happened? Bill Gates run a traffic light? | 怎么了 比尔·盖茨闯红灯了吗 |
[04:34] | Have a seat, Dr. Bull. | 请坐 布尔博士 |
[04:36] | All right, but only ’cause you outnumber me. | 好 不过只是因为你们人多势众 |
[04:40] | What can I do for you fellas? | 我能帮上什么 伙计 |
[04:42] | I think it’s what we can do for you, Dr. Bull. | 应该是我们能帮上什么 布尔博士 |
[04:44] | We’d like to offer you a job. | 我们准备给你份工作 |
[04:47] | You are a witness. | 你是一个证人 |
[04:49] | And you have rights. | 你有法定的权利 |
[04:52] | The opposition lawyer turns to you and says, | 当反方律师跟你说 |
[04:56] | “Let’s assume the following hypothetical.” | “让我们假设以下条件”时 |
[04:58] | You have the right to say… | 你有权说… |
[05:02] | Marissa in here? | 玛丽莎在吗 |
[05:03] | No, nope, nobody, just, uh, just me. | 都不在 就我一个 |
[05:06] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[05:13] | Hey, I’ve been looking | 我到处在找你 |
[05:15] | all over for you. What are you doing in here? | 你在这干什么 |
[05:16] | Going over the books where no one can see them. | 在没人找得到的地方翻书 |
[05:19] | Oh, the books are great. | 书不错 |
[05:21] | The books are gonna be fine. | 书没事的 |
[05:24] | Oh, my goodness. | 我的天 |
[05:25] | A quarter of a million dollars? | 二十五万美金 |
[05:27] | Who gave you a check for a quarter of a million dollars? | 谁给你二十五万美金的支票 |
[05:29] | The Clayton family estate. | 克雷顿基业 |
[05:32] | They’re pressuring the DA to try the young widow Clayton | 他们想给地检施压 审理克雷顿的年轻寡妇 |
[05:34] | for the murder of her husband. | 谋杀丈夫的案子 |
[05:35] | Murder? Based on… | 谋杀 证据是… |
[05:37] | Based on the fact that she shot him. | 证据是 枪是她开的 |
[05:39] | A fact she does not dispute. | 她没有否认 |
[05:40] | – Can you say “money in the bank”? – Okay. | – 我的钱不就到手了 – 是 |
[05:42] | But according to the paper, the late Mr. Clayton | 但文件上说 已故的克雷顿先生 |
[05:44] | was attempting to slice and dice his dearly beloved | 在妻子拿他当活靶前 |
[05:47] | just prior to her deciding to use him for target practice. | 曾想将她大卸八块 |
[05:50] | I believe they call that “self-defense.” | 这应该叫做”正当防卫” |
[05:52] | Maybe. Or maybe she shot first | 有可能 但也可能是她先开枪 |
[05:54] | and he stabbed her in self defense. | 他正当防卫去捅她 |
[05:56] | Who cares? | 管他呢 |
[05:57] | It’s a quarter of a million dollar retainer, | 这是二十五万的预付金 |
[05:59] | and another quarter of a million if we actually go to trial | 如果上法庭 认定克雷顿夫人有罪 |
[06:02] | and find Mrs. Clayton guilty. | 还有另外二十五万 |
[06:04] | I had no idea the famous Dr. Jason Bull can be bought. | 我还不知道著名的布尔博士还是可以收买的 |
[06:07] | For a quarter of a million dollars, | 二十五万美金的价钱 |
[06:09] | not only can I be bought, | 别说是收买了 |
[06:10] | you can gift wrap me. | 把我包成礼盒都没问题 |
[06:12] | Which reminds me, | 话说回来 |
[06:14] | guess who’s in town? | 猜谁回来了 |
[06:15] | I’m sorry, did I miss a change of subject? | 对不起 我是不是没跟上话题 |
[06:17] | The best un-wrapper in the world. | 世上最棒的拆礼物专家 |
[06:21] | Miss Diana Lindsay, attorney-at-law. | 戴安娜·琳德塞小姐 工作时是律师 |
[06:25] | Single woman at large. | 平时是个单身女子 |
[06:26] | New York. | 纽约腔 |
[06:28] | What are you talking about? | 你是认真的吗 |
[06:29] | New Yorkers, they sound just like everybody else. | 纽约人听起来和普通人一样 |
[06:31] | French. | 法国腔 |
[06:32] | Do you come to this ceiling often, monsieur? | 你经常来天花板这里吗 先生 |
[06:34] | And now your hometown, Callisto, Texas. | 你的家乡 德州卡里斯特 |
[06:37] | Callisto, Texas? All right. | 德州卡里斯特 好 |
[06:40] | That fella Bull, he’s all hat and no cattle. | 那个布尔 虚有其表 |
[06:43] | That’s not what you said 15 minutes ago. | 十五分钟前你可不是这么说的 |
[06:45] | Well, I’m sorry, darling, but I lied. | 对不起 亲爱的 我撒谎了 |
[06:47] | Mm, that’s what I love about you. | 我就爱你这一点 |
[06:50] | What? That I lie? | 怎么 爱我撒谎 |
[06:53] | No, that there are so many of you. | 不 爱你百变的人格 |
[06:58] | Well, I am glad you are in such a good mood, Doctor. | 看你心情不错我很高兴 博士 |
[07:04] | I need a favor. | 我有事要帮忙 |
[07:06] | It’s the reason I invited you over here. | 这次请你过来也是因为这个 |
[07:09] | Stupid me, I thought I’d already done the favor | 我真傻 还以为过来 |
[07:11] | you invited me over here for. | 就已经帮了你的忙呢 |
[07:12] | Hmm. Don’t overestimate yourself. | 别太高估自己 |
[07:15] | That was my favor to you. | 那是我帮你忙 |
[07:17] | Really? | 真的 |
[07:18] | I need your help with something, Jason. | 有些事需要你帮我 杰森 |
[07:23] | You know, ever since I lost that case | 自从上次我输了 |
[07:25] | where the sky bridge fell down, I’ve been looking for | 吊桥坍塌的那官司 我就一直在纽约 |
[07:29] | Something to | 能让我 |
[07:30] | establish my name here. | 一举成名的事件 |
[07:33] | I think I found it. | 我觉得我找到了 |
[07:36] | Kara Clayton. | 卡拉·克雷顿 |
[07:37] | She’s asked me to represent her. | 她让我做她的代理律师 |
[07:40] | Her late husband’s estate’s been putting all kinds of pressure | 她先夫的家族一直想方设法 |
[07:43] | on the DA to try her for murder. | 对地检施加压力 告她谋杀罪 |
[07:44] | – You don’t say. – Well, the… | – 这的吗 – 看… |
[07:47] | publicity alone makes this an opportunity of a lifetime. | 光论曝光率 这也是千载难逢 |
[07:50] | Not to mention the fact that this is, uh, self-defense, | 更别说这个自卫案件 |
[07:53] | pretty cut and dried. | 情况相当简单 |
[07:54] | I hear the other side’s already gone out | 我听说男方那边已经出动 |
[07:56] | and hired the biggest guns in town | 雇了这里最厉害的人 |
[07:57] | – to go after her. – I know. | – 去抓她归案了 – 我知道 |
[07:59] | That’s why I like it. | 所以我才喜欢啊 |
[08:01] | Diana versus Goliath. | 戴安娜与巨人哥利亚 |
[08:03] | You know? Boys against the girls. | 男女对抗 |
[08:04] | What? | 什么 |
[08:05] | Except… one boy. | 除了… 只有一个男孩 |
[08:08] | I want you on my team, Jason. | 我希望你加入我的团队 杰森 |
[08:10] | I need you on my team. | 我需要你加入我的团队 |
[08:16] | Okay, we’re both naked under these sheets here, | 我们现在都是赤身裸体的 |
[08:17] | you don’t have to make that face to let me know | 你不用做出那副表情好让我知道 |
[08:19] | you’re not excited. | 你没兴趣 |
[08:24] | Diana, I can’t. | 戴安娜 我不行 |
[08:25] | Yes, you can. You just have to want to. | 你当然行了 只要你愿意 |
[08:27] | You just have to go into TAC and clear up your schedule | 你就回公司重新制定一下时间 |
[08:29] | because this is more important. | 以为这件事更重要 |
[08:32] | I’m more important. | 我更重要 |
[08:34] | I’ve already signed with the other side. | 我已经和另一方签约了 |
[08:36] | I’m working with the Clayton estate. | 我现在在和克雷顿基业合作 |
[08:40] | Quit. | 那就退出 |
[08:41] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[08:43] | And even if I wanted to, I can’t switch sides. | 就算我能 我也不能和对方合作 |
[08:45] | It’s a violation of professional ethics. | 这有悖职业道德 |
[08:47] | You know that. | 你是知道的 |
[08:49] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:05] | Will I see you again while you’re still in town? | 你在的时候我还能见你吗 |
[09:08] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[09:10] | In court, Goliath. | 法庭见 哥利亚 |
[09:16] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[09:17] | Then quit. | 那就退出啊 |
[09:37] | How was dinner? | 晚餐怎么样 |
[09:39] | Oof. Never even got to dinner. | 根本没能吃成晚餐 |
[09:40] | Well, that sounds like fun. | 听起来挺有趣 |
[09:42] | Or not. | 才怪 |
[09:44] | I’m expecting our new clients in about a half hour. | 再过半小时客户就要来了 |
[09:46] | I have nothing for them. | 我还两手空空什么都没有准备 |
[09:48] | Bring them to the mock courtroom, | 带他们去模拟法庭 |
[09:50] | – make sure everybody’s there. – Got it. | – 确保所有人都到场 – 好的 |
[09:51] | Yeah, I should warn you, Bull, | 我得先跟你说一下 布尔 |
[09:52] | Chunk’s been looking for you all morning. | 特朗科找你一早上了 |
[09:54] | – What does he want? – I don’t know. | – 他要干什么 – 不知道 |
[09:56] | But he’s… dressed strangely. | 但是他 穿的挺奇怪的 |
[09:58] | Really? How can you tell? | 真的吗 你怎么看出来的 |
[10:03] | Who died? | 谁死了 |
[10:05] | Pardon me? | 什么 |
[10:06] | You’re pardoned. | 我说过了 |
[10:08] | What else can I do for you? | 还有什么事吗 |
[10:14] | You’re serving me with a summons? | 你要给我递传票吗 |
[10:19] | You took the LSAT. | 你参加了LSAT |
[10:20] | – Law School Admission Test. – Yep. | – 法学院入学考试 – 没错 |
[10:24] | 167 out of 180. | 满分180 你考了167 |
[10:26] | That’s impressive. | 相当不错啊 |
[10:27] | Congratulations. | 祝贺 |
[10:29] | So you’re thinking of going to law school? | 所以你要考虑去法学院读书吗 |
[10:30] | I’m not thinking about it, | 我不是要考虑 |
[10:32] | I’m doing it. | 我要去上 |
[10:33] | I got accepted to Vanderbilt in Nashville. | 我被招进了纳什维尔的范德比尔特大学 |
[10:36] | Starting in January. | 一月份开学 |
[10:38] | Vanderbilt. Nashville. | 范德比尔特大学 纳什维尔 |
[10:39] | That’s a hell of commute. | 这得多折腾啊 |
[10:41] | I don’t know how to swing it in New York. | 我不知道要怎么协调纽约的工作 |
[10:43] | Even going to school at night, | 就算晚上去上课 |
[10:45] | the cost of living on top of tuition… | 生活费加上学费 |
[10:46] | Is this a pitch for a raise? | 你这是暗示我要涨工资吗 |
[10:48] | I’m not pitching you anything. | 我什么也没暗示 |
[10:53] | Telling you what’s going on. | 我跟你说现在是怎么一回事 |
[10:54] | So, if I gave you a raise | 如果我给你涨工资 |
[10:56] | and if you went to law school at night… | 然后你去读夜校法院 |
[10:58] | Well, that’s a lot of ifs, Bull. | 太多的如果了 布尔 |
[11:00] | Are you offering me a raise? | 你是要给我涨工资吗 |
[11:02] | Honestly, Chunk, I don’t know if I can. | 说实话 特朗科 我不知道我说了算不算 |
[11:04] | I have to consult with a higher power. | 我还要问上头的意见 |
[11:07] | I don’t understand. I just gave you a check | 我不懂了 我昨天不是才刚给你 |
[11:09] | for a quarter of a million dollars yesterday. | 一张二十五万美元的支票吗 |
[11:10] | Uh, Bull, that check just barely got us back to even. | 布尔 你那张支票也就让我们刚刚收支平衡吧 |
[11:12] | How is that possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[11:14] | Look around. This fabulous office space, | 你好好看看 这个华丽的办公室 |
[11:16] | all this equipment, all those employees. | 这些设备 所有的员工 |
[11:19] | Every time you hold a mock trial, | 还有每次要办模拟庭审 |
[11:21] | we have to pay people to sit on the jury. | 那些坐在陪审席上的人不都要收钱吗 |
[11:22] | Every time we have a client meeting, | 每次要开客户会议 |
[11:24] | you want it catered. | 你还都要包机 |
[11:25] | When you fly, it’s first class. | 你自己坐飞机也要头等舱 |
[11:26] | When you stay in a hotel, it’s a suite, not a room. | 住酒店也要套件而不是房间 |
[11:29] | And it should be. I’m a very successful person. | 这是应该的 我是一名成功人士 |
[11:31] | Come on. Image is important. | 你懂的 形象很重要 |
[11:34] | I’m going in and I’m telling lawyers, company presidents, | 我的工作是与律师 大老板打交道 |
[11:37] | people accused of very serious crimes, what to do, | 还有告诉那些重罪人士做什么 |
[11:39] | how to dress, how to speak. | 怎么着装发言 |
[11:41] | No one is going to listen to me if I take the bus | 如果我搭个巴士 随便露个营 |
[11:43] | and sleep at the local campground. | 谁会听我说话 |
[11:44] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:45] | You cannot give Chunk a raise. | 你没法给特朗科加薪 |
[11:47] | You just can’t afford it. | 你负担不起 |
[11:49] | But I don’t want to lose him. | 但是我不想失去他 |
[11:50] | Well, neither do I, but if you give Chunk a raise, | 我也不想 但是如果你给他加薪了 |
[11:53] | everyone else is gonna want one. | 所有人都会要求加薪 |
[11:54] | Benny, Danny, Cable Look, I would like a raise. | 本尼 丹尼 凯博 我也会 |
[11:56] | I have not had a raise in three years. | 我已经三年没加薪过了 |
[11:58] | No. | 胡说 |
[12:00] | No, I just gave you a raise. | 我才刚刚给你涨过工资 |
[12:02] | Remember? I called you from New Jersey. | 还记得吗 我从新泽西给你打电话 |
[12:03] | Seahawks were playing the Broncos. | 西雅图海鹰队当时对阵丹佛野马 |
[12:05] | It was the Superbowl. | 当时是超级碗的比赛 |
[12:06] | I was in the skybox. | 我当时坐在贵宾看台 |
[12:07] | It was between quarters and… | 差不多那个时候 |
[12:09] | “Gangnam Style” was playing on the stadium P.A. | 当时放的曲子是骑马舞 |
[12:12] | So, did you use a cell phone | 所以你是用了手机 |
[12:13] | or was it the kind you had to crank? | 还是说你用的拨盘电话 |
[12:15] | Yeah. I guess you’re right. | 我想你是对的 |
[12:17] | Time flies when you’re not making money. | 不赚钱的日子过得特别快 |
[12:18] | Our new clients are here. | 新客户到了 |
[12:20] | This conversation is not over. | 这场对话还没结束 |
[12:22] | Bull, you don’t have any money. | 布尔 你没钱了 |
[12:23] | There’s nothing to talk about. | 没什么可谈的了 |
[12:26] | And then… | 然后 |
[12:27] | we’ll work with the DA to pick the perfect jury. | 我们要和地方检察官合作选出完美的陪审团 |
[12:30] | And by monitoring the reactions of our mirror jury, | 通过检测镜像陪审团的反应 |
[12:33] | we will know at the end of each day | 我们最终就能得知 |
[12:36] | how our case is being presented and what changes we need to make | 我们的案件会如何进展 需要做出什么改变 |
[12:39] | to realize the best outcome for our client. | 以获得对客户的最佳效果 |
[12:43] | Very impressive. | 非常不错 |
[12:44] | Uh, Dr. Bull… | 但是布尔博士 |
[12:46] | But it starts with the narrative. | 首先是陈词 |
[12:48] | The story we tell that makes sense of what happened, | 我们所说的要与事实相符 |
[12:51] | but also supports our version of the facts and leads everyone, | 但是又能对我方事实进行支持 并带领所有人 |
[12:56] | the judge and the jury, to the same conclusion. | 法官 陪审团达成一致 |
[13:01] | The narrative. | 陈词 |
[13:03] | Which… | 这个 |
[13:05] | I don’t have yet. | 我暂时还没有想好 |
[13:10] | Dr. Bull, | 布尔博士 |
[13:11] | any way we can speak privately? | 我们可以私下聊一聊吗 |
[13:13] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:20] | Our job is | 我们的工作是 |
[13:22] | to protect the Clayton estate. | 保护克雷顿基业 |
[13:24] | If Mrs. Clayton recovers from her injuries… | 如果克雷顿夫人伤势恢复 |
[13:26] | and from all appearances, | 完好痊愈 |
[13:28] | that’s what’s gonna happen… | 接下来发生的 |
[13:29] | she effectively becomes the new owner of Clayton Communications. | 就是她成为克雷顿通讯公司的合法新当家 |
[13:34] | And as you can imagine, | 你也能够想象 |
[13:35] | Clayton’s four grown children are not fond of that scenario, | 克雷顿的四位外孙一定不想看到这一幕 |
[13:39] | nor is the current board of directors. | 以及我们的董事会 |
[13:41] | Which is our way of saying | 我们的意思是说 |
[13:43] | we understand it’s hard to come up with a strategy for a case | 我们理解相处一个策略应对 |
[13:47] | that sure looks like justifiable self-defense. | 即使这件案子看上去确实是正当防卫 |
[13:54] | You lost me at “we understand.” | 从”我们理解”开始我就没跟上了 |
[13:57] | We may go to court. | 我们可以上法庭 |
[13:59] | We may even go to criminal court, | 甚至是刑事法庭 |
[14:00] | but that’s not our goal. | 但是这不是我们的目的 |
[14:02] | That’s not our endgame. | 这不该是最后的发展走向 |
[14:03] | We look at this as a negotiation. | 我们希望这能是一场谈判 |
[14:07] | So, anything less than her walking away | 所以只要她不带着100%的股权逍遥自在 |
[14:08] | with 100% of the company is a win for you. | 你们就都算打赢了这场官司 |
[14:11] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:12] | And I’m guessing you’d actually be willing to forego | 我猜如果你们 |
[14:15] | the whole murder trial if there was a number | 和克雷顿太太能达成共识 |
[14:18] | that you and Mrs. Clayton could agree on. Right? | 你们愿意放弃追究其成为谋杀案 对吧 |
[14:21] | Like I said, | 就像我说的 |
[14:22] | we look at this as a negotiation. | 我们把这案子当作是一次谈判 |
[14:26] | Give me a figure. | 给我一个数吧 |
[14:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:29] | ‘Cause I may be able to sew this whole thing up for you | 因为我或许能在接下来的四十八小时之内 |
[14:31] | in the next 48 hours. | 就帮你们解决这件事 |
[14:35] | 500 million. | 五亿 |
[14:37] | Half a billion dollars. | 拿了五亿美元 |
[14:39] | And she agrees to give up | 她就要同意放弃 |
[14:40] | any rights or ownership in the company. | 对公司的所有权及其他一切权利 |
[14:42] | Sounds like a terrific conversation starter to me. | 听起来是个不错的展开谈话的方式 |
[14:45] | Just one more thing. | 还有一点 |
[14:46] | If you don’t go to court and I am instrumental | 如果你们不用上庭 而且我帮你们 |
[14:51] | in helping you solve your problem, | 解决了问题的话 |
[14:53] | I still get the other 250, right? | 我还是能得到另外的两亿五千万 对吧 |
[14:57] | If you put our little problem to bed… | 如果你能解决这个问题 |
[15:01] | I’ll make it 350. | 我给你三亿五千万 |
[15:07] | Yes! Damn, I’m smart! | 太好了 我真聪明 |
[15:09] | Damn, I’m smart. | 我真聪明 |
[15:10] | Damn, I’m smart. | 我太聪明了 |
[15:11] | Damn, I’m smart. | 我真绝了 |
[15:15] | Diana, it’s Bull. | 戴安娜 我是布尔 |
[15:16] | Can we talk? | 我们能聊聊吗 |
[15:17] | Did you quit yet? | 你退出了吗 |
[15:19] | No, but I… | 还没 但是我 |
[15:27] | Diana, you don’t understand. | 戴安娜 你不懂 |
[15:28] | I am gonna make you a winner, | 我能让你成为赢家 |
[15:30] | a giant winner. | 大赢家 |
[15:32] | Diana? | 戴安娜 |
[15:37] | Cable, call the Oxwald Hotel, | 凯博 打给奥克斯韦德酒店 |
[15:39] | – ask for Diana Lindsay. – Sir, yes, sir! | – 找戴安娜·琳德塞 – 知道了 老大 |
[15:41] | Hey. They didn’t fire us, did they? | 他们没有解雇我们 对吧 |
[15:42] | – Fire us? – Okay. Uh, she checked out. | – 解雇我们 – 她退房了 |
[15:45] | Danny, find out what hotel Diana Lindsay checked into. | 丹尼 查一下戴安娜·琳德塞入住了哪家酒店 |
[15:48] | On it. | 马上查 |
[15:58] | Hey, aren’t you that fantastic lawyer | 你不是那个很厉害的 |
[16:01] | who got that amazing settlement for that woman | 帮枪杀了有钱丈夫的女人 |
[16:03] | who shot her billionaire husband? | 成功庭外和解的律师吗 |
[16:04] | This man is stalking me. | 这男的在跟踪我 |
[16:08] | Sir. Hey, get the door. Stop him. | 先生 守住门 截住他 |
[16:12] | Guys, let me out of here, please. | 伙计们 放我出去 拜托了 |
[16:16] | That’s my wife. She needs a kidney. | 那是我的妻子 她需要做肾移植 |
[16:18] | I’ve decided to give her mine. | 我已经决定了要把我的肾给她 |
[16:27] | Oh. I’m excited to see you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[16:30] | – Get out. – Is that any way to speak to someone | – 下车 – 能不能和一个 |
[16:32] | who’s about to make you the most talked-about attorney | 即将让你成为全纽约最知名律师的人谈谈 |
[16:34] | in New York? It’s okay, driver. | 没事的 司机 |
[16:35] | You can drive. Just a lover’s spat. | 开车吧 我们只是在打情骂俏 |
[16:37] | No, driver. We are not lovers. | 不 司机 我们不是情侣 |
[16:39] | Well, not this minute, but it’s early. | 此刻还不是 但来日方长 |
[16:41] | I am not talking to you. | 我不想跟你说话 |
[16:42] | You are not a good friend. | 你不是一个益友 |
[16:44] | Why? Because I won’t renege on a professional commitment | 为什么 就因为你不过是打了个响指 |
[16:46] | the second you snap your fingers? | 而我却没有违背我的专业承诺 |
[16:47] | And for the record, I am a great friend. | 请注意 我是一个非常好的朋友 |
[16:49] | I am a fantastic friend. | 我是一个了不起的朋友 |
[16:50] | I am the Rachel of Friends, | 我可是”老友记”里面的瑞秋 |
[16:52] | if Rachel were a boy. | 如果瑞秋是个男生的话 |
[16:54] | You used to be so smart. | 你以前很聪明的 |
[16:55] | That not withstanding, I’d like to proffer a settlement | 尽管如此 我还是想要代表克雷顿通讯 |
[16:58] | from Clayton Communications and the Clayton family. | 和克雷顿家族提出和解 |
[16:59] | Well, you can save your breath | 你可以省点力气了 |
[17:00] | because we are not interested in settling. | 我们志不在和解 |
[17:02] | But you haven’t heard the offer. | 你还没听条件是什么呢 |
[17:03] | I don’t need to hear the offer. | 我不需要听条件 |
[17:05] | Take a million dollars… | 你可以得到一百万美元 |
[17:05] | You take a million dollars. | 你自己留着那一百万吧 |
[17:07] | …and multiply it by 500. | 然后乘以五百 |
[17:09] | Wait, my mistake. | 等等 是我的错 |
[17:10] | Let me put it in another way. | 让我换种说法 |
[17:12] | Take a billion dollars and divide it in half. | 自己算算十亿的一半是多少 |
[17:16] | Is this for real? | 你是说真的吗 |
[17:18] | Doesn’t get any realer. | 真得不能再真 |
[17:19] | Call your client. | 打给你的委托人 |
[17:21] | Tell her the good news. | 告诉她这个好消息吧 |
[17:23] | Actually, I’m on my way to see her right now. | 其实 我现在正要去见她 |
[17:25] | We can tell her together. | 我们可以一起告诉她 |
[17:28] | Hello, Mrs. Clayton. | 你好 克雷顿太太 |
[17:31] | Hi. It’s nice to see you again. | 你好 很高兴再次见到你 |
[17:33] | This is a friend of mine. | 这是我的朋友 |
[17:34] | Great friend, fantastic friend. | 非常好的朋友 了不起的朋友 |
[17:35] | Dr. Jason Bull. | 杰森·布尔博士 |
[17:37] | Forgive me for not getting up. | 原谅我无法起身 |
[17:39] | This is a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. | 这是一个高压氧舱 |
[17:42] | I spend two hours a day in here. | 我每天要待在这儿两小时 |
[17:45] | It’s supposed to help my wounds heal. | 能帮助我的伤口愈合 |
[17:47] | But I’m sure you know all about that, Doctor. | 但我想你肯定都懂这些 医生 |
[17:49] | Uh, no, he’s not that kind of doctor, Kara. | 不 他不是那种医生 卡拉 |
[17:51] | He’s working with the Clayton family, | 他是为克雷顿基业工作的 |
[17:53] | the legal team. | 是法律团队的一员 |
[17:55] | They have a proposition they would like to discuss. | 他们有个协议想和你商讨 |
[18:01] | Thank you for seeing me. | 感谢您抽空见我 |
[18:02] | I realize this has been a horrible | 我明白这是一次可怕的 |
[18:04] | and traumatic experience and that, uh, | 令人痛苦的经历 因此 |
[18:07] | talk of money and settlements must seem | 谈论金钱以及和解确实显得 |
[18:10] | disconcerting at the very least. | 有些不近人情 |
[18:12] | Nonetheless, the Claytons did ask me | 尽管如此 克雷顿家族集团还是委托我 |
[18:14] | to convey a proposition to you. | 向您提出了一份协议 |
[18:17] | In return for your agreeing to give up any rights | 若您愿意放弃对这家公司的所有权 |
[18:19] | or ownership of the company, the Clayton Communications Group | 及其他一切权利 作为补偿 克雷顿通讯集团 |
[18:23] | will use its considerable clout to convince the DA | 将利用其影响力说服地方检察官 |
[18:26] | to drop all the charges against you | 撤销一切对您的 |
[18:28] | related to the death of your late husband. | 有关您已故丈夫一案的控告 |
[18:30] | The board of directors has authorized me to offer you | 董事会已授权我向您提出 |
[18:33] | the sum of one half billion dollars, tax free. | 五亿美元的补偿 不用交税 |
[18:46] | I’m sure this is something | 我想这种事情 |
[18:48] | you’re gonna want to think about. | 您肯定要仔细考虑一下 |
[18:49] | Discuss with your counsel, your family. | 和您的律师 家人商量一下 |
[18:52] | Diana knows how to get in touch with me | 如果您做好了决定 |
[18:54] | when you’ve come to a decision. | 戴安娜知道怎么联系我 |
[18:57] | Doctor. | 博士 |
[19:00] | Do you have any idea how much Clayton Communications is worth? | 你知道克雷顿通信集团市值多少吗 |
[19:06] | Last estimate I read was about six billion dollars. | 据我所知 最近一次估价是约六十亿美元 |
[19:10] | And under a normal circumstance, | 一般情况下 |
[19:12] | since my husband was the sole owner of the company, | 因为我的丈夫是这家公司的唯一持有人 |
[19:15] | it would pass in its entirety to me. Isn’t that correct? | 所以我可以得到公司的全部所有权 对吗 |
[19:18] | These are not normal circumstances, Mrs. Clayton. | 这不是一般情况 克雷顿太太 |
[19:23] | Have you ever been stabbed, Doctor? | 你有被人刺伤过吗 博士 |
[19:25] | Can’t say that I have. | 我不能说我有过 |
[19:29] | Three things went through my mind while it was happening. | 我被刺中时 有三件事掠过我的脑海 |
[19:33] | First, there’s the pain. | 首先 是疼痛 |
[19:36] | The surgeons here said that it’s a miracle I’m alive. | 这里的医生说我能活下来 真是一个奇迹 |
[19:39] | The chest wound missed my heart by just a centimeter. | 我胸口的伤只差一厘米就伤到我的心脏了 |
[19:44] | Then there’s the realization that | 然后是我意识到 |
[19:47] | the person doing it pledged his life to me, | 那个以生命向我起誓 |
[19:50] | sworn his love to me over and over again, | 一遍又一遍地宣告着他对我的爱的人 |
[19:53] | and yet his face was filled with nothing but hate, loathing. | 脸上却充满了憎恨和厌恶 |
[20:00] | And then there’s the business | 再然后就想到了 |
[20:02] | of will I survive this? | 我能活过来吗 |
[20:07] | Turns out I will. | 结果我挺过来了 |
[20:11] | Tell them I want all of it. | 告诉他们我全部都要 |
[20:14] | The whole six billion. | 六十亿全要了 |
[20:16] | Take me to court. | 尽管和我闹上法庭 |
[20:18] | Try me for murder. | 控告我谋杀 |
[20:19] | Tell them they can try whatever they want. | 告诉他们 他们想尝试什么招数都可以 |
[20:23] | It’s all gonna be mine. | 最终还是会全归我 |
[20:27] | It’s not too late to quit. | 现在退出还不算太迟 |
[20:29] | I agree. You should definitely give that some thought. | 我同意 你确实要好好想一下 |
[20:31] | Me? | 我 |
[20:33] | Darlin’… | 亲爱的 |
[20:35] | that woman’s lying. | 那女人在说谎 |
[20:45] | The challenge is we all think we know what happened. | 现在的难点是我们都以为自己知道了真相 |
[20:48] | Woman’s been stabbed, man’s been shot. | 女的被刺伤了 男的被枪杀了 |
[20:51] | We just fill in the middle. | 我们只是一知半解 |
[20:53] | But the truth is, we don’t really know. | 事实是 我们并不确定 |
[20:56] | So, this is the proposition you wanted to discuss? | 所以 这就是你想探讨的协议 |
[21:00] | You want us to pick up the phone, | 你想我们去拿起电话 |
[21:01] | make a big contribution to the DA’s re-election campaign | 在地方检察官的连任竞选中出一把力 |
[21:05] | and twist his arm to press charges | 然后要挟他 让他起诉那女人 |
[21:07] | because you have a hunch? | 就因为你的直觉 |
[21:12] | Oh, it’s more than a hunch. | 这不止是直觉 |
[21:14] | It’s what I do for a living. | 我可是靠此谋生的 |
[21:16] | The woman is lying. | 这女人在说谎 |
[21:18] | There was emotion, but it was | 她的情绪是有起伏 但那是 |
[21:20] | the wrong emotion. | 错误的情绪 |
[21:21] | It was crystal clear, no confusion. | 太清晰了 一点混淆都没有 |
[21:23] | Almost as if it had been written, | 就像是写好的剧本一样 |
[21:26] | as if it had been rehearsed, | 像是排练过一样 |
[21:27] | as if she’d been contemplating it for a long time. | 像是她为此思考了很长时间一样 |
[21:32] | And I don’t know why she’s not telling the truth | 我不知道她为什么不说出真相 |
[21:34] | and I certainly don’t know what happened that night, | 而且我确实不知道那天晚上发生了什么 |
[21:36] | but I do know she is lying. | 但我知道 她在说谎 |
[21:39] | Correct me if I’m wrong, Dr. Bull, | 布尔博士 如果我说得不对 你大可反驳 |
[21:42] | but with a murder trial, you need all 12 jurors to convict. | 但想要定罪谋杀 还需要十二位陪审都点头 |
[21:46] | That’s correct. | 对 |
[21:47] | That’s a very high bar. | 这很难 |
[21:49] | I’m tempted to say an impossible bar. | 说得更确切一点 这几乎不可能 |
[21:52] | Gentlemen. What do you have to lose? | 先生们 都到现在了 你们还畏缩什么呢 |
[21:54] | You’ve already paid me. | 你们付过我佣金了 |
[21:55] | If we don’t win, I cost you nothing more. | 如果败诉 我也不要你们多付一分钱 |
[21:59] | But if we do win, you, | 但如果赢下了这场官司 你们 |
[22:01] | the board, the entire Clayton family | 董事会 整个克雷顿家族 |
[22:03] | get to keep their company. | 就能保住这个公司 |
[22:05] | Their legacy, their everything. | 守住这份家业 留住一切 |
[22:07] | Again, I got to tell you, the DA | 我再告诉你一次 |
[22:09] | doesn’t want to touch this with a ten-foot pole. | 检察官一点也不想摊上这件事 |
[22:12] | Well, tell them they don’t have to. | 那又如何 告诉他们 他们大可不必亲自动手 |
[22:14] | All they need to do is file the charges. | 他们只需要提出上诉 |
[22:15] | Have them appoint my in-house counsel Benny Colón | 再指认我的专职律师本尼·科隆ón |
[22:18] | as special assistant DA. | 做检察官特别助理就好 |
[22:20] | He used to work there. | 他在那里干过 |
[22:21] | That’ll give the DA plausible deniability | 这就让检察官的推诿合情合理 |
[22:23] | and give me more control. | 也让我有更多主动权 |
[22:25] | He can do that? | 他真的可以吗 |
[22:26] | It’s rare, but it’s done. | 这种情况不常见 但不是不可能 |
[22:30] | A lot of it hinges on the size of | 能不能成 很大程度上这取决于 |
[22:32] | your campaign contribution. | 你给他的竞选帮了多大忙 |
[22:33] | And what is it you’re looking for in return | 那么你呢 堂吉诃德博士 |
[22:35] | for battling this particular windmill, Dr. Quixote? | 这场官司里 你又想获得什么 |
[22:41] | Just the $250,000 bonus you promised me, | 你们答应我的二十五万 |
[22:43] | and a law school scholarship fund | 此外 对我指定的一位学生 |
[22:48] | Any school in New York. | 不管哪一所学校 |
[22:49] | You cover tuition and books | 你们负责承担学费和书本费 |
[22:50] | for as long as it takes him or her. | 仅此而已 |
[22:56] | Done. | 成交 |
[22:57] | See you in court, Dr. Bull. | 庭上见了 布尔博士 |
[23:01] | Ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们 先生们 |
[23:03] | Let’s begin voir-et-dire. | 我们开始吧 |
[23:05] | The world’s already made up its mind about this case. | 多数人已经对此案下了定论 |
[23:08] | So, what we’re looking for | 所以 我们需要的 |
[23:10] | are jurors with more intellectual curiosity | 就是让陪审团多好奇事实 |
[23:12] | than certainty. | 少确信既定言论 |
[23:13] | The intellectual curiosity to at least | 至少得是 |
[23:15] | consider the possibility that one plus two | 怀疑过 |
[23:17] | doesn’t always equal three. | 一加二是不是等于三的好奇 |
[23:18] | Be willing | 至少得愿意主动寻找答案 |
[23:19] | to search for the conclusions, | 而不是听了一句 |
[23:21] | rather than leaping to them. | 就开始凭空臆想结论的那种 |
[23:23] | So a friend takes you to a restaurant | 如果朋友带你去吃饭 |
[23:25] | you’ve never been to before. | 这家餐厅你以前从未去过 |
[23:26] | It’s the hottest reservation in town. | 场场预定爆满 |
[23:30] | there’s an amazing special that night. | 推荐说今天有非常棒的特色菜 |
[23:31] | Something you’ve never heard of before. | 那个菜名你也从来没听说过 |
[23:34] | What do you do? | 你会怎么做 |
[23:35] | Do you ask him what’s in it? | 你会问他那道菜里有什么吗 |
[23:38] | Do you look around the room to see who else is eating it? | 还是会左右看看 有没有哪张桌子上有 |
[23:40] | Do you look up the recipe on your phone? | 或者是上网查查 |
[23:42] | Me? Uh… | 我吗 |
[23:44] | Probably order something I know. | 我应该会点我知道的东西 |
[23:46] | – Something tried and true. – Smart. | – 点我以前吃过了解的 – 明智 |
[23:50] | Move to strike, Your Honor. | 法官大人 我方请求撤去这位陪审 |
[23:52] | That’s a list of everyone in the jury pool. | 这是所有陪审的名单 |
[23:54] | You each have 15 names and 24 hours. | 24个小时 每人15个名字 |
[23:57] | I want to know everything about everybody on that list. | 给我找出关于他们的所有信息 |
[23:59] | Where they work, where they went to school. | 在哪里上班 从哪里毕业 |
[24:01] | Everywhere they ever lived, who they married, | 住哪里 |
[24:03] | who they divorced | 结婚了没 离婚了没 都是和谁 |
[24:04] | and who they wish they’d married. | 年轻的时候想嫁的想取的都是谁 |
[24:06] | Why do people get married? | 人为什么要结婚 |
[24:09] | Uh, people get married for a lot of different reasons. | 原因很多 |
[24:12] | Name a couple. | 说几个你想得到的 |
[24:13] | Children. | 为了孩子 |
[24:15] | Companionship. | 为了有个人陪 |
[24:16] | Security. | 为了安全感 |
[24:17] | – Now, when you say “security…” – I, uh… | – 你说的安全感… – 也有可能 |
[24:20] | Money. | 是为了钱 |
[24:23] | Okay. Well, let me ask you a question. | 好的 那么我现在问你 |
[24:26] | Do you think that you can just look at a couple | 你觉得你作为外人 光靠看 |
[24:29] | and know why they got married? | 能看出来一对夫妇来为什么结婚吗 |
[24:32] | Oh, that’s a… great question. | 你这个问题 还真把我难住了 |
[24:35] | Well, that’s a good answer. | 但是你答得很不错 |
[24:39] | Acceptable to the prosecution, Your Honor. | 法官大人 我方接受这位陪审 |
[24:41] | Defense moves to strike, Your Honor. | 辩方要求撤除 法官大人 |
[24:43] | And we need to remember: I’ve known Diana a long time. | 别忘了我认识戴安娜多久了 |
[24:47] | And she’s really smart. | 我知道她有多聪明 |
[24:48] | She knows what it is I do, and she understands a lot | 她知道我是做什么的 |
[24:51] | about how it works. | 这些事情怎么运作 她也很清楚 |
[24:53] | So we got to stay on our toes. | 我们还是得小心行事 |
[24:56] | What do you do for a living? | 请问您的职业 |
[24:58] | I’m an actress. | 我是演员 |
[24:59] | A professional dissembler. I love it. | 专业自我伪装者 我喜欢 |
[25:01] | Nobody can spot a liar faster than another liar. | 骗子最擅长识破别人的骗局 |
[25:04] | Now, is that how you actually make your living? | 你只靠演戏获得收入吗 |
[25:07] | Well, not most of the time. | 其实也不止 |
[25:10] | I guess you could say, I’m a motivational speaker. | 说好听点 我是一个激励演说人 |
[25:12] | Really? | 是吗 |
[25:14] | Now, what is it that you motivate people to do? | 你通常做什么样的激励演说 |
[25:16] | Buy things. | 让人买东西的那种 |
[25:18] | – Ah. – So you’re in sales? | – 这样啊 – 这么说你干的是销售了 |
[25:20] | I guess that’s another way of saying it. | 也算是另一种说法吧 |
[25:23] | This one’s a firecracker. | 这姑娘劲够足 |
[25:25] | So what is it that you motivate people to buy? | 你的演说 通常都是想让别人买什么 |
[25:28] | Whatever it is you need me to sell. | 你想卖什么 我就能让人买什么 |
[25:31] | I think I’m in love. | 我觉得我要爱上她了 |
[25:32] | This woman can see the virtue in anything | 这个女人能看透一切本质 |
[25:34] | and then do everything she can to sell it to everybody else. | 尽己所能让人掏钱 |
[25:37] | With any luck, she’ll be our jury foreman. | 运气好的话 她就是我们的首席陪审了 |
[25:41] | that you’ve never been to before… | 去了一家你没去过的餐馆 |
[25:42] | I tell the waiter to surprise me. | 我会任由惊喜到来 |
[25:45] | The more unexpected, the better. | 越出人意料越好 |
[25:47] | Are you listening to this? | 你在听吗 |
[25:48] | It’s positively pornographic. | 这简直是情色暗示了 |
[25:51] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[25:56] | Your Honor. | 控方同意这位陪审人加入陪审 |
[25:57] | Well, she’s not acceptable to the defense. | 辩方拒绝接受这位陪审人 |
[25:59] | We vote to strike this juror. | 辩方要求撤销这位陪审人 |
[26:00] | I think we hit a nerve. | 戳中她了 |
[26:01] | The defense | 辩方 |
[26:03] | has already exhausted all her strikes. | 反对已全部使用 |
[26:05] | You may be seated with the jury. | 你可以坐下了 |
[26:07] | Ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 |
[26:09] | 9:00 tomorrow morning, | 明早九点 |
[26:11] | let the games begin. | 庭审开始 |
[26:12] | Swing and a miss. | 尴尬了吧 |
[26:32] | Sounds like you’re at a Yankees game. | 听着你像在看扬基队比赛一样 |
[26:35] | More like a bullfight. No pun intended. | 更像是斗牛场吧 没用双关哦 |
[26:47] | No photos. | 请勿拍照 |
[26:49] | No photography allowed in the courtroom. | 法庭内不准拍照 |
[26:51] | No photos! | 不准拍照 |
[26:57] | Lady knows how to make an entrance. | 这女的还真会入场 |
[26:59] | God had some party the night he cooked her up. | 上帝造她那天肯定开派对了 |
[27:03] | So it is your testimony | 作为马库斯·克雷顿的首席律师 |
[27:04] | as Marcus Clayton’s principal counsel, | 你的证词说明 |
[27:07] | that the defendant and Mr. Clayton entered | 被告人以及克雷顿先生 |
[27:09] | into a prenuptial agreement prior to their marriage. | 在婚前签订了一份婚前协定 |
[27:12] | Yes. | 是 |
[27:13] | It was very important to Mr. Clayton | 这对克雷顿先生来说非常重要 |
[27:16] | that there be no misunderstandings | 即如若在日后某日 |
[27:18] | should either he or Mrs. Clayton | 二位决定分开 |
[27:20] | decide to dissolve | 这一过程中 |
[27:22] | the marriage at some later date. | 不至产生误会 |
[27:24] | So can you explain to us how this | 那么你能给我们解释一下 |
[27:25] | prenuptial agreement worked? | 这份婚前协议是如果运作的吗 |
[27:26] | Well, without going into too much specific detail, | 过多细节我就不解释了 |
[27:29] | the agreement was structured so that | 这份协议要求 |
[27:31] | as long as Mrs. Clayton met certain weekly, monthly | 只要克雷顿夫人能够履行每周 每月 |
[27:35] | and yearly obligations, with regard to travel, | 每年的义务 例如有关旅行 |
[27:39] | uh, the entertaining of business associates | 招待或商务协同 |
[27:42] | or… | 或者 |
[27:44] | the performance of, uh, | 对一些 |
[27:47] | certain, uh, intimate acts… | 某些 亲密行为的执行 |
[27:51] | …that are annotated in the agreement, | 也就是协议中所解释的内容 |
[27:54] | then, over time, | 那么随着时间发展 |
[27:55] | she would accrue a higher payout, | 若二人婚姻结束 |
[27:57] | when and if the marriage dissolved. | 她就能够获得更高的支付金额 |
[28:05] | My goodness. The level of engagement | 天啊 参与程度 |
[28:07] | is off the charts. | 已经爆表了 |
[28:09] | So, for instance… | 所以比如说 |
[28:10] | So for instance, if the marriage had only lasted one year, | 所以比如若这桩婚姻只维持了一年 |
[28:14] | and had Mrs. Clayton | 若 克雷顿夫人 |
[28:16] | fulfilled her obligations per the agreement, | 完成了协议中规定义务 |
[28:19] | she would have received one million dollars. | 就会分到一百万美元 |
[28:27] | Sounds more like a business agreement than a, uh… | 听着更像是个商业协议 不像是 |
[28:29] | I object to the inference, Your Honor. | 我反对控方律师的推论 法官 |
[28:31] | Objection sustained. | 抗议有效 |
[28:33] | Keep your opinions to yourself, Counselor. | 请律师不要发表个人观点 |
[28:36] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[28:37] | Please continue, Mr. Sinclair. | 请继续 辛克莱尔先生 |
[28:39] | Now, for every year she stays in the marriage, | 婚姻每持续一年 |
[28:41] | the amount actually doubles. | 钱的金额就翻一倍 |
[28:44] | So for two years, she would’ve received two million dollars. | 例如假设持续了两年 她会分得两百万美元 |
[28:48] | For three years, four million dollars. | 持续三年 分得四百万美元 |
[28:50] | For four years, | 持续四年 |
[28:52] | eight million dollars. | 她会分得八百万美元 |
[28:53] | And had the marriage ended today, | 假设说婚姻持续到今日 |
[28:56] | Mrs. Clayton would have walked away with $16 million. | 克雷顿夫人就能分得一千六百万美元 |
[29:06] | $16 million. | 一千六百万美元 |
[29:09] | That’s… a nice payday | 换五年的合作 |
[29:11] | – for five years’ work. – Your Honor. | – 非常值得 – 法官大人 |
[29:13] | Uh… my apologies again, Your Honor. | 我再次道歉 法官大人 |
[29:16] | I wish you could see juror 39. | 你要是能看见三十九号陪审员就好了 |
[29:18] | She’s lapping this up with a spoon. | 她照单全收 |
[29:20] | My queen bee. | 简直是我的蜂后 |
[29:22] | Counting on you to whip the rest of the hive into shape. | 拉拢人心的事情就靠她了 |
[29:24] | Let’s just say, | 这么说吧 |
[29:25] | neither party wanted the marriage to dissolve. | 双方都不愿意婚姻破裂 |
[29:28] | But one of them, say, Mr. Clayton, | 但是 当其中一人 比如说克雷顿先生 |
[29:30] | became deathly ill and succumbed. | 大病不愈 |
[29:33] | Or was in a traffic accident and lost his life. | 或者遭遇交通事故意外身亡 |
[29:36] | Or was shot point-blank range in the chest. | 或者被当胸枪击 |
[29:40] | Objection. | 反对 |
[29:41] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[29:42] | But get to the question, please. | 请你说重点 |
[29:43] | What would Mrs. Clayton be looking at? | 那么克雷顿夫人能得到什么呢 |
[29:46] | Payout-wise? | 在金钱这方面 |
[29:47] | Well, minus some stipulations in his will with regard to his four children, | 除去他遗嘱中与四个子女相关的一些条款 |
[29:53] | she would inherit everything. | 她会继承几乎所有家产 |
[29:56] | Meaning…? | 请您详细解释 |
[29:58] | The entire Clayton Communications empire. | 她会得到整个克雷顿通讯帝国 |
[30:01] | Which is worth…? | 公司的价值是 |
[30:02] | As of today? | 今天的估价是 |
[30:03] | $6.65 billion. | 66.5亿美元 |
[30:11] | Wow. Talk about establishing motive. | 真会鼓动人心 |
[30:13] | Eight of the mirror jurors who were totally on Diana’s side | 刚刚站在戴安娜一方的八个陪审员 |
[30:16] | just moved over to ours. | 现在偏向我们这方了 |
[30:19] | Thank you, Mr. Sinclair, for that illuminating explanation. | 辛克莱尔先生 谢谢你富于启发的讲解 |
[30:24] | I just have one question. | 我有一个问题 |
[30:26] | How much would Mrs. Clayton have received | 如果克雷顿夫人被捅死了 |
[30:29] | had she been stabbed to death? | 她会得到多少钱 |
[30:36] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[30:38] | I withdraw the question. | 我收回我的问题 |
[30:41] | Forget I said that. | 好吧当我没说 |
[30:42] | Three of the eight went back to Diana. | 其中三个更倾向于戴安娜了 |
[30:45] | Hey, we still ended up with five more than we came in with. | 那我们还是比一开始多出五个人的支持 |
[30:49] | See you when I see you. | 再见面时见 |
[30:51] | See you when I see you. | 再见面时见 |
[30:52] | Yes, that trial. | 没错 是那个审判 |
[30:54] | Uh-huh. Well, I know you’re hearing about it on TV, | 我知道你在电视上听到报道了 |
[30:58] | but I’m there. | 但是我就在现场 |
[31:00] | All right. Okay. I love you too, Mama. | 好 我也爱你 妈妈 |
[31:02] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[31:04] | I’m sorry. | 打扰一下 |
[31:06] | Couldn’t help but overhear. | 我不是故意听的 |
[31:07] | Was that a Texas accent? | 刚才你是说的德州口音吗 |
[31:09] | Well, it sure was. | 没错 |
[31:10] | Oh. Whereabouts? | 德州哪里人 |
[31:12] | Callisto, Texas? | 德州的卡利特斯 |
[31:13] | You ever heard of it? | 你听说过这个地方吗 |
[31:14] | Actually, I have. | 我还真的听说过 |
[31:19] | Who vetted juror 39? | 三十九号陪审员的个人信息是谁检查的 |
[31:23] | I did. | 是我 |
[31:25] | She’s from Callisto. | 她是卡利特斯人 |
[31:26] | Callisto, Texas! | 德州的卡利特斯 |
[31:28] | The same town as Diana. | 和戴安娜来自一个地方 |
[31:31] | You didn’t see that? That didn’t ring any bells? | 你没发现吗 难道没注意到吗 |
[31:33] | Wasn’t something you thought I might want to know about? | 你不觉得应该告诉我吗 |
[31:35] | What exactly are you saying, Bull? | 你什么意思 布尔 |
[31:37] | I’m saying she’s a plant. | 我的意思是她是戴安娜安插的棋子 |
[31:41] | Diana set me up. | 她故意给我设局 |
[31:42] | She suckered me in hook, line and sinker. | 她一步步给我下套 |
[31:45] | I need all 12 jurors, | 我需要全部十二个陪审员的票 |
[31:48] | and now, no matter what happens in that courtroom, | 现在倒好 不管法庭里发生什么 |
[31:53] | I will only have 11. | 我最多只能拿到十一票 |
[32:10] | Good evening. Affilian Hotel. | 晚上好 这里是Affilian酒店 |
[32:11] | Diana Lindsay, room 1667. | 我找1667房的戴安娜·琳德塞 |
[32:13] | Please hold. | 请稍等 |
[32:17] | – Hello? – I’m sorry. Did I wake you? | – 你好 – 真是抱歉 我吵醒你了吗 |
[32:19] | I’m impressed you can sleep with so much on your conscience. | 你有没有良心 居然还能睡得着 |
[32:22] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[32:24] | Well, let’s start with your lying client, | 我们就从你那个撒谎的客户开始说起吧 |
[32:26] | and then move to the ringer you snuck on the jury. | 然后再谈谈你塞在陪审团里的棋子 |
[32:29] | Yeah, okay, I’m hanging up now. | 我要挂电话了 |
[32:30] | Oh, you do that, Diana. | 你尽管挂吧 戴安娜 |
[32:32] | ‘Cause I don’t care about you or your ringers. | 我不在乎你和你的棋子怎么折腾 |
[32:34] | I’m going to present such an effective case | 我一定会完美地辩护 |
[32:36] | the jury’s gonna come back 11 to one, | 陪审团会给出十一比一的票 |
[32:37] | the judge will declare a mistrial, | 然后法官会宣布审判无效 |
[32:39] | and we will be back in six months. | 半年后我们会再次提起诉讼 |
[32:40] | And I will personally send your client | 我会亲自把你的客户 |
[32:43] | to the electric chair. | 送上电刑椅 |
[32:44] | Jason Bull, you are simultaneously | 杰森·布尔 在我认识的人里 |
[32:46] | one of the smartest men I have ever met | 你既是最聪明的 |
[32:47] | and one of the dumbest. | 又是最蠢的 |
[32:49] | Well, clearly, you don’t meet enough people. | 那是你认识的人太少了 |
[32:51] | Look…I don’t even know what juror you’re talking about. | 我完全不知道你在说的是哪个陪审员 |
[32:55] | And as far as my client lying? Well, I beg to differ. | 你说我的客户撒谎 这我不同意 |
[32:58] | In fact, she is so anxious to tell her story | 其实她非常急切地想讲述自己的经历 |
[33:01] | that she has insisted I put her on the stand tomorrow. | 坚持要我明天让她上庭发言 |
[33:03] | Oh… I don’t care if you put her on the stand, | 我才不管她是上庭发言 |
[33:06] | I don’t care if she takes the Fifth. | 还是保持沉默 |
[33:07] | I don’t care if she drinks a fifth. | 她要怎么样我都不在乎 |
[33:09] | Your client is lying. | 你的客户就是在撒谎 |
[33:11] | Would you like to know how I know? | 你想知道我是怎么知道的吗 |
[33:13] | Guys with more money than God, | 如果一个男人极其有钱 |
[33:15] | they don’t stab the women they want to get rid of. | 他才不会去捅死想甩开的女人 |
[33:18] | They pay them! | 他会给钱让她走 |
[33:19] | “Here’s $100 million. Go away.” | 给你一个亿 滚吧 |
[33:22] | It’s clean, it’s quick, | 速战速决 |
[33:23] | and everybody gets what they want. | 两全其美 |
[33:25] | And that is how I know your client did it. | 你的客户就是在这里露出了马脚 |
[33:27] | He didn’t want out, she did. | 他没有想过结束婚姻 是她想 |
[33:31] | Hello? | 喂 |
[33:34] | Hello? | 喂 |
[33:37] | If you’re here to apologize, you’re too late. | 如果你是来道歉的 那你来晚了 |
[33:40] | You better check the temperature in hell. | 你最好现在去地狱走一遭 |
[33:42] | I haven’t come to apologize. | 我才不是来道歉的 |
[33:43] | I haven’t done anything wrong. | 我又没做错什么 |
[33:45] | You gave me 15 people to check out in 24 hours, | 你让我在二十四小时内排查十五个人 |
[33:49] | and I missed something. | 我有了遗漏 |
[33:51] | It’s human, Dr. Bull. | 人无完人 布尔博士 |
[33:53] | And it mystifies me that you can know so much and not know that. | 你知识渊博 却不知道这一点 让我不解 |
[33:56] | You’re the second woman to tell me | 在刚刚过去的十分钟内 |
[33:57] | how much I do and don’t know in the last ten minutes. | 你是第二个跟我说我知道不知道什么的人了 |
[33:59] | I’m starting to take offense. | 我感觉受到了冒犯 |
[34:01] | Well, maybe you should listen, because three minutes ago, | 或许你应该多倾听 三分钟以前 |
[34:04] | I realized that, uh, you missed something, too. | 我发现你也遗漏了信息 |
[34:07] | What’s this? The evidence file? | 这是什么 证据袋吗 |
[34:09] | I’ve already been through this. | 我已经检查过了 |
[34:11] | There’s nothing in here. | 没有什么有用的 |
[34:12] | Yeah, that’s what you missed… the nothing. | 这就是你遗漏的 正是什么都没有 |
[34:14] | Look at the gun. | 你看看这把枪 |
[34:18] | There’s nothing to look at. | 有什么好看的 |
[34:19] | There’s no prints on the gun. | 枪上连指纹都没有 |
[34:21] | Exactly. She shot him three times. | 没错 她开了三枪 |
[34:24] | Yeah? How is that possible? | 没错吧 那怎么可能呢 |
[34:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:31] | But I know who to ask. | 不过我知道该去问谁 |
[34:34] | You can say thank you, now. | 现在你可以说谢谢了 |
[34:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:39] | And I’m sorry. | 另外 对不起 |
[34:43] | Any chance I could convince you to stay | 你还能留下来 |
[34:46] | and help me figure out what this means? | 帮我调查清楚吗 |
[34:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:58] | But if you ever throw something at me again, | 但你要是再朝我扔东西 |
[35:01] | I swear, you will live to regret it. | 我发誓 可有你后悔的 |
[35:02] | I’m stupid, I’m not a moron. | 我是傻 我可不蠢 |
[35:13] | Defense calls Kara Clayton. | 由卡拉·克雷顿进行辩护陈述 |
[35:15] | Look at the two of them… smug and smugger. | 看看她俩… 自鸣得意的样子 |
[35:25] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[35:28] | Never readier. | 火力全开 |
[35:30] | Let’s talk about that night. | 说说那个晚上吧 |
[35:32] | Can you take me through what happened? | 告诉我发生了什么 |
[35:35] | My late husband was a very driven man. | 我的亡夫是个非常努力的人 |
[35:39] | He was also given to paranoia. | 他还有点偏执 |
[35:41] | And over time, he became convinced | 逐渐 他坚信 |
[35:44] | that I was seeing someone younger. | 我养了小白脸 |
[35:46] | Were you? | 那实际情况呢 |
[35:47] | No. I loved my husband. | 我没有 我爱我的丈夫 |
[35:50] | So, on this particular night… | 那个晚上… |
[35:52] | He was trying to close a deal | 他在谈笔买下澳大利亚 |
[35:53] | to buy a communications consortium in Australia, | 一个通信联盟的生意 |
[35:57] | and it wasn’t going well. | 但进展不顺利 |
[36:00] | He called me into his study to… | 于是他让我去书房… |
[36:05] | comfort him. | 跟他做爱 |
[36:07] | And did you? | 你做了吗 |
[36:09] | No. | 没有 |
[36:12] | I told him that I didn’t like it when he demanded things, | 我告诉他 比起他的命令 |
[36:14] | that I liked it better when things happened naturally. | 我更喜欢两个人水到渠成地做点什么 |
[36:18] | And then what happened? | 那后来怎么样了 |
[36:20] | He got angry. | 他很生气 |
[36:23] | As angry as I’d ever seen him. | 我从没见他那么生气过 |
[36:28] | Accused me of having a lover. | 说我有外遇 |
[36:30] | Started reminding me about our prenup, | 还提起了我们的婚前协议 |
[36:32] | about… what I was required to do. | 关于… 我应尽的责任 |
[36:37] | I hate to be bearer of bad news… | 我讨厌宣布坏消息 |
[36:40] | Please. It ain’t over till the pretty lady sings. | 拜托 那个漂亮女士不唱就没完没了了 |
[36:43] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[36:44] | And… then he… | 然后… 然后他… |
[36:47] | got up from his desk, | 从他的书桌旁站起来 |
[36:50] | came over to me, | 走到我面前 |
[36:52] | demanded that I do what he wanted. | 命令我按他说的做 |
[36:56] | I said no. | 我拒绝了 |
[36:59] | And that’s when I noticed he had one hand behind his back. | 就是那时候 我注意到他把一只手藏在了背后 |
[37:03] | So, help me understand. | 让我理一下 |
[37:06] | He grabbed you with one hand. | 他用一只手抓住你 |
[37:09] | By the back of my neck. | 抓住我的后颈部 |
[37:11] | And his other hand? | 那他的另一只手呢 |
[37:12] | Was behind his back. | 还在他的背后 |
[37:14] | That’s where the knife was. That’s… | 那里有把刀子 同时… |
[37:19] | That’s when he started stabbing me. | 同时他刺伤了我 |
[37:20] | Three times. | 三次 |
[37:24] | Three times. | 三次 |
[37:26] | Do you have the strength to stand up and show us | 你能站起来 指给我们看 |
[37:27] | where the three wounds are? | 是哪三处伤口吗 |
[37:29] | I think so. | 可以 |
[37:37] | One here. | 一处在这里 |
[37:40] | They said this one just missed my heart by maybe a centimeter. | 这处伤离我的心脏只有大概一公分 |
[37:45] | One here, | 一处在这儿 |
[37:47] | and one here. | 还有这儿 |
[37:49] | And this one, too. They say this one | 这一处也是 |
[37:50] | just missed the femoral artery. | 差一点就到股动脉了 |
[37:52] | Thank you, Mrs. Clayton. | 谢谢 克雷顿太太 |
[37:53] | You can sit down now. | 现在你可以坐下了 |
[37:56] | I have no further questions, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[38:04] | Mrs. Clayton, just curious… | 克雷顿太太 我只是有点好奇… |
[38:08] | what was your major in college? | 你大学读的是什么专业 |
[38:15] | Finance. | 金融学 |
[38:16] | Finance? Really? | 金融吗 真的吗 |
[38:19] | Huh. Now, was that always your major? | 你一直读的都是这个专业吗 |
[38:23] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 这与本案无关 |
[38:26] | Counselor? Relevance? | 控方律师 这与本案有关吗 |
[38:27] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[38:29] | if you’ll allow me to continue… | 请允许我继续提问 |
[38:32] | I think the relevance will be obvious. | 我认为这其中的关联性非常明显 |
[38:35] | Certainly to the jury. | 特别是对陪审团而言 |
[38:37] | – Mm,yeah. – Thank you. | – 好吧 – 谢谢 |
[38:39] | Drumroll, please. | 接下来 要紧张了 |
[38:40] | I’m sorry, you… you were saying? | 抱歉 你刚才说… |
[38:43] | What did you study prior to finance? | 那在读金融前你学的是什么 |
[38:49] | Anatomy. | 解剖学 |
[38:50] | Anatomy? | 解剖吗 |
[38:52] | That’s the study of the human body. | 那可是研究人体构造的呢 |
[38:55] | The internal organs. | 研究内部器官 |
[38:57] | Where things are. Got it. | 那问题就来了 |
[38:59] | We’re starting to see movement. | 我们开始观察移动情况 |
[39:02] | Buckle up, | 准备好 |
[39:04] | we’re just getting started. | 要开始了 |
[39:05] | I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[39:06] | I got us off track here. | 我有点跑偏了 |
[39:07] | So, your late husband was… | 回归正题 你的亡夫… |
[39:09] | he was stabbing you. | 他刺伤了你 |
[39:12] | One way up there, | 一处在上面 |
[39:13] | one way down there, one in the middle. | 一处在下面 还有一处在中间 |
[39:16] | Just missed your heart, just missed your liver, | 差点刺到你的心脏 肝脏 |
[39:17] | just missed anything of importance down there. | 离你的重要器官都差那么一点儿 |
[39:19] | – Objection. – Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对无效 |
[39:22] | And somehow, in the middle of all this, | 不知怎的 就这么紧急的功夫 |
[39:25] | you grabbed a gun? | 你还抄起了一把枪 |
[39:27] | There was a small table where he always kept one. | 那里有张小桌子 他总会放把枪在那儿 |
[39:29] | So, it was just right there. | 也就是说 它就在那儿 |
[39:31] | Three steps away. | 就三步远的地方 |
[39:33] | While you were being stabbed. | 就在你被刺伤的时候 |
[39:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:35] | – Already loaded? – Yes. | – 已经上膛了 – 对 |
[39:37] | And so you grabbed the gun, and… | 所以你抄起手枪 然后… |
[39:39] | and you shot him with it? | 向他开枪 |
[39:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:42] | Then why are there no fingerprints on the gun? | 那为什么手枪上没有指纹 |
[39:53] | I don’t understand. | 我搞不懂了 |
[39:54] | What does this have to do with anything? | 这又有什么关系 |
[39:56] | You shot someone three times | 你向一个人开枪三次 |
[39:57] | and left no fingerprints on the gun? | 枪上却没有留下任何指纹 |
[40:01] | But I already admitted to shooting him. | 但我承认向他开枪了 |
[40:03] | – Isn’t that beside the point? – Not to me. | – 那不是重点吗 – 对我而言不是 |
[40:06] | Were you wearing gloves, Mrs. Clayton? | 那个时候你带着手套吗 克雷顿太太 |
[40:07] | Why would I wear gloves? | 我为什么要带手套 |
[40:12] | Why would I try to keep my fingerprints off the gun? | 我干嘛要擦掉我留在枪上的指纹 |
[40:15] | Not off the gun. Off the knife. | 不是枪 是刀子 |
[40:18] | When you were stabbing yourself so you’d have an alibi | 你故意刺伤自己 这样你才有借口 |
[40:21] | for shooting your husband. | 说是枪杀了你的丈夫 |
[40:23] | And for what reason would I do that? | 我有什么理由要那么做 |
[40:25] | I can think of six billion of them. | 我能想出六十亿个理由 |
[40:27] | Before you answer that… | 在你回答… |
[40:30] | …and possibly perjure yourself, | 或者说再找借口之前 |
[40:32] | I should let you know that the NYPD was | 你得知道一件事 纽约市警察局警员 |
[40:34] | at your apartment early this morning, | 今早去了你的公寓 |
[40:35] | and confiscated the contents of a shredder | 收走了你丈夫办公室的 |
[40:38] | that was in your husband’s office. | 碎纸机里的东西 |
[40:40] | It appeared to contain | 那好像是一副 |
[40:41] | what was once a pair of latex gloves. | 乳胶手套吧 |
[40:43] | The DNA results will be in later in the day. | DNA化验结果今天晚点也会出来 |
[40:47] | Your witness. | 请各位见证 |
[40:50] | Order! | 肃静 |
[40:52] | It’s a clean sweep. | 扫描很彻底 |
[40:54] | Nothing but green. | 全是绿灯 |
[40:56] | Yeah, well, that’s the mirror jury. | 那是镜面陪审团 |
[40:58] | The real one’s coming in 11 to one. | 真的那个是其中的十一分之一 |
[41:11] | Have you reached a verdict? | 你们是否做出裁决了 |
[41:12] | Yes, we have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[41:15] | This jury unanimously finds | 陪审团一致认为 |
[41:18] | the defendant, Kara Clayton, | 被告 卡拉·克雷顿 |
[41:21] | guilty of first-degree murder. | 一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[41:33] | And as quickly as it consumed us, | 随着时间的逝去 |
[41:36] | the scandal fades from memory, | 丑闻从我们的记忆中消去 |
[41:38] | replaced by the business of everyday life. | 取而代之的是日常的柴米油盐 |
[42:29] | Hey, aren’t you that fantastic attorney | 你不是很了不起的律师吗 |
[42:30] | who tried to tell me that you’d never pull | 从不屑于和陪审团 |
[42:31] | any funny stuff with the jury | 扯上任何关系 |
[42:33] | because you’re much better friend than I am, | 觉得自己是一个比我更适合做朋友 性格更好 |
[42:35] | much better person, much better everything? | 什么都比我好的人吗 |
[42:38] | And aren’t you the one who said | 你不是还说 |
[42:39] | I was representing a liar, | 我给一个骗子 |
[42:42] | a killer, a black widow? | 杀人凶手 黑寡妇做了代表律师吗 |
[42:45] | I guess we’re even. | 我们扯平了 |
[42:50] | So, certainly got your name in the paper a lot. | 你的名字在报纸上可是铺天盖地 |
[42:57] | Think you’ll be back? | 你会卷土重来吗 |
[42:58] | Oh, you can count on it, Dr. Bull. | 你尽管放心 布尔律师 |
[43:00] | I’m not done with you yet. | 还没结束呢 |
[43:02] | I told you, I like ’em stupid. | 我告诉过你 我喜欢蠢蛋 |
[43:04] | Really? Me, stupid? | 真的吗 我 很蠢吗 |
[43:06] | Mm-hmm. Give me a stupid genius | 随时都要一个 |
[43:08] | over a smart idiot any day. | 愚蠢的天才 |