时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:26] | No, you’re fine, Koi. | 没事 凯伊 |
[00:28] | I’m not staying. My shift’s over. | 我要走了 轮班结束了 |
[00:31] | Any action in the parking lots? | 停车场有动静吗 |
[00:33] | Not since you left for dinner. | 从你去吃晚饭之后就没有 |
[00:35] | Maybe it’s the new cameras. | 可能是新装的摄像头 |
[00:37] | Maybe it’s the regular patrols we added. | 可能是我们新派的定期巡逻 |
[00:38] | Or maybe I’m just incredibly persuasive. | 也可能我就是很会说服人 |
[00:42] | Well… | 这个… |
[00:44] | Oh, before you go. | 你走前我要提下 |
[00:47] | Your buddy Mack’s been playing poker and drinking | 你朋友迈克在这打牌喝酒 |
[00:50] | for seven hours straight. | 已经连续七个小时了 |
[00:51] | He’s smashed again. Getting loud. | 又喝高了 动静越来越大了 |
[00:53] | Customers are starting to complain. | 顾客都在抱怨 |
[00:56] | Wasn’t sure how you wanted me to handle it. | 不知道你要让我怎么处理 |
[01:00] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[01:02] | Come on. Wow. Talk about | 拜托 说我没有 |
[01:06] | bad sportsmanship. | 体育精神 |
[01:07] | Just ’cause, I mean, | 就因为 |
[01:08] | I won $17,000 | 我从你们手中 |
[01:10] | that used to belong to all of you, um… | 赢了一万七千美元 |
[01:12] | Hey, Mack. I think it’s time to go. | 迈克 是时候走了 |
[01:15] | Hey, everybody, hide your endorphins. | 各位 别太乐了 |
[01:19] | The fun police are here. | 搞怪警察来了 |
[01:22] | Looks like you’ve had quite a ride. | 看来你玩的很爽吗 |
[01:25] | How about you leave now and go out on top, huh? | 要不你离开这里 出去走走 |
[01:30] | You’re drunk, Mack. | 你醉了 迈克 |
[01:32] | I need you to go. | 走吧 |
[01:34] | Don’t do this to me, man. | 别这么对我 兄弟 |
[01:37] | This is my day. | 今天我手气正旺呢 |
[01:39] | This is my table! | 这是我的主场啊 |
[01:41] | I’ve been waiting seven months for this day | 我等今天都等了七个月了 |
[01:44] | and this table! | 就等这一天呢 |
[01:45] | Sorry. Time to step away. | 对不起 该离开了 |
[01:54] | Door’s that way. | 门在那边 |
[01:55] | Can I at least cash in my chips? | 至少能先让我把筹码换了吗 |
[01:58] | How about we wait until another time | 等你下次缓过来 |
[02:00] | when you’re feeling better? | 再说怎样 |
[02:05] | All right. | 好的 |
[02:09] | Grab him. Ah! | 抓住他 |
[02:12] | Come on! Get up! | 快 起来 |
[02:13] | You’re done. You’re done, Mack! | 到此为止了 迈克 |
[02:15] | You’re banned! | 你上黑名单了 |
[02:16] | Now you’re never welcome in this casino again! | 以后你别想再进这个赌场了 |
[02:19] | And get a lawyer. | 找个律师 |
[02:20] | I’m pressing charges. | 我要告你 |
[02:22] | You post his picture, make sure he doesn’t get back in. | 把他照片放出来 让他再也进不来 |
[02:24] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[03:10] | Be nice. Don’t judge. | 要礼貌 别评判他人 |
[03:12] | Be nice. Don’t judge. | 要礼貌 别评判他人 |
[03:15] | Be nice. Don’t judge. | 要礼貌 别评判他人 |
[03:17] | Whoever he is, he’s wonderful. | 不管他是谁 他人都很好 |
[03:19] | Whoever he is, he’s wonderful. | 不管他是谁 他人都很好 |
[03:23] | Whoever he is, he’s wonderful. | 不管他是谁 他人都很好 |
[03:27] | Please, this way. | 这边请 |
[03:29] | When in doubt, smile. | 不知如何应对 就微笑 |
[03:32] | When in doubt, smile. | 不知如何应对 就微笑 |
[03:34] | When in doubt, smile. | 不知如何应对 就微笑 |
[03:38] | Oh, Bull! | 布尔 |
[03:43] | It’s only two hours. | 就两个小时 |
[03:44] | It’s only two hours. It’s only two hours. | 就两个小时 |
[03:47] | There you go. Thank you. | 这里 谢谢 |
[03:49] | Wonder if that’s his real hair. | 不知道他头发是不是真的 |
[03:51] | Let me see that wedding finger. | 看他的无名指 |
[03:53] | Hmm, no ring. | 没有戒指 |
[03:56] | No indent of the finger flesh. | 没有一圈印子 |
[03:58] | Maybe he’s actually single. | 可能他真是单身 |
[04:00] | – True story. – No it isn’t. | – 真人真事 – 不可能 |
[04:02] | You just cleared your throat. | 你刚清了清嗓子 |
[04:04] | Pretty good indicator that you’re about to lie. | 说明你正准备说谎 |
[04:06] | When Marissa and I met and we were comparing histories, | 我那时在和梅丽莎谈彼此 |
[04:09] | backstories, and she told me she worked for Homeland Security, | 她说她以前在国土安全局工作 |
[04:12] | I was convinced it was the name of a bank. | 我当时还真信了那是家银行 |
[04:15] | I’m sorry. I still don’t believe that. | 不好意思 我还是不信 |
[04:18] | Good. Neither do I. | 很好 我也不信 |
[04:19] | Oh, but it is a good story. | 不过故事不错 |
[04:21] | It made you smile. | 你笑了 |
[04:22] | It still makes me smile. | 这还是会让我笑 |
[04:24] | The only reason I am here, my dear, is to make you smile. | 我来这里的唯一原因就是让你笑 |
[04:28] | Oh, my God. I’m gonna throw up. | 天 我要吐了 |
[04:31] | So how’d you two meet? | 你们两个是怎么见着的 |
[04:33] | The strangest thing. | 非常神奇 |
[04:35] | I was in my apartment and she just knocked on the door. | 我当时在我公寓里 她就直接来敲门了 |
[04:38] | Did you know women do that? | 有哪个女人会这么干 |
[04:40] | That is not what happened. I was sitting at the bar | 胡说 我在酒吧坐着 |
[04:43] | at this place I always go to, just… | 那间我常去的酒吧 |
[04:45] | to catch a bite after work, | 下班后去吃点东西 |
[04:48] | and Kyle was sitting right next to me. | 凯尔就坐我隔壁 |
[04:49] | Oh, you did notice? | 你注意到了 |
[04:51] | Of course I noticed. | 当然注意到了 |
[04:52] | This is the first time she’s admitted it. | 她是第一次承认 |
[04:53] | She’s always maintained she never noticed I was there. | 以前她一直说没看见我 |
[04:56] | Kill me now. It’s like they’re married already. | 杀了我吧 他们都像是已经结婚了 |
[04:59] | Anyway, | 不管怎样 |
[05:00] | when he got up to leave, I realized that | 他走的时候 我发现 |
[05:02] | he left his wallet there on the bar, | 他把钱包落在酒吧了 |
[05:04] | so I didn’t know what to do at first, but then the old | 我一开始不知道该做什么 |
[05:06] | Homeland Security training kicked in. | 但我想起了我在国土安全局的那些训练 |
[05:08] | Looked in the wallet, realized he lived | 研究了下钱包 发现他 |
[05:10] | around the corner. | 就住附近 |
[05:12] | So you knocked on his door. | 所以你去敲门了 |
[05:15] | Don’t ask how long she stayed. | 别问我她待了多久 |
[05:17] | I hate this guy. | 我恨他 |
[05:19] | We’ve done projects on every continent. | 我们的工作遍布世界各地 |
[05:21] | I mean, the good news is, you know, | 好消息是 |
[05:23] | every single day, people are being born, | 每天都有人出生 |
[05:25] | and they all need places to live. | 他们都需要住的地方 |
[05:27] | We’re happy to be the ones to build apartments for them. | 我们很乐意帮他们盖房子 |
[05:31] | You self-satisfied turd. | 真没出息 |
[05:33] | I will be right back. | 我很快就回来 |
[05:39] | God, I’m shallow. | 天 我太肤浅了 |
[05:42] | You see her? The look on her face? | 看到她了吗 看到她表情了吗 |
[05:44] | You ever seen her so happy? | 有见过她这么开心吗 |
[05:46] | What’s wrong with you, Jason? | 你是怎么了 杰森 |
[05:48] | Get on board, here. | 给点面子啊 |
[05:55] | It’s on me. | 我请客 |
[05:56] | And you just cleared your throat. | 你又清了清嗓子 |
[05:57] | You don’t want to pay this bill. | 你不想买单 |
[05:59] | I don’t know, makes me feel funny. | 不知道 就觉得我说不过去 |
[06:01] | No, it doesn’t. | 不会 |
[06:02] | Well, you’ll get the next one. | 下次你请 |
[06:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:14] | Hello. | 您好 |
[06:16] | You have a collect call from Makya Benally | 玛卡·本奈利在纽约 |
[06:17] | at the Nawakwa Nation Correctional Facility | 于纳瓦卡劳改中心 |
[06:19] | in Marstick, New York. | 给你打了一通接听方付费电话 |
[06:21] | Will you accept the charges? | 请问您是否愿意支付话费 |
[06:22] | I will, Operator, and, uh, let me just get somewhere private. | 我愿意 接线员 我找个没人的地方 |
[06:25] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[06:28] | Mack, is that you? | 迈克 是你吗 |
[06:30] | Bull. Been a long time. | 布尔 好久没联系了 |
[06:33] | Thanks for taking the call. | 谢谢你接了这个电话 |
[06:34] | Operator said you were calling from prison. | 接线员说你从监狱打来的 |
[06:37] | Something I should know? | 你有什么要跟我说吗 |
[06:38] | I need your help, bud. | 我需要你帮忙 兄弟 |
[06:41] | I got myself in a hell of a pickle. | 我惹上麻烦了 |
[06:43] | What are we talking about? | 你在说些什么 |
[06:45] | We’re not talking about anything. | 没说什么 |
[06:47] | But the cops here… | 但是这里的警察 |
[06:49] | are talking about first degree murder. | 说我犯了一级谋杀罪 |
[06:53] | I’ll be there within the hour. | 我一小时后到 |
[07:11] | Taxi. | 出租车 |
[07:27] | Thanks for coming, man. | 谢谢你过来 兄弟 |
[07:30] | It’s okay, it’s okay. | 没事 没事 |
[07:32] | Let me look at you. | 让我看看你 |
[07:35] | Same old Mack, huh? | 还是那个老样子 |
[07:39] | When was the last time I saw you? | 上次见到你是什么时候 |
[07:43] | Vegas. Almost, like, six years ago. | 在拉斯维加斯 差不多六年前 |
[07:46] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:47] | You were dealing cards at the Bellagio. | 你在百乐宫当荷官 |
[07:50] | Going out with that showgirl. | 泡上了女演员 |
[07:52] | You lived in a nice apartment. | 住着一栋不错的公寓里 |
[07:55] | That was her apartment. | 是她的公寓 |
[07:58] | So what went wrong? | 怎么就吹了 |
[08:00] | Turns out she was married. | 她其实结婚了 |
[08:02] | And she didn’t tell you. | 她没告诉你 |
[08:04] | Oh, she told me. | 她告诉我了 |
[08:05] | I think I just didn’t assign much importance to it, | 我想我只是没把它当回事 |
[08:08] | until one night I woke up | 只到某一晚我起来 |
[08:10] | and the fella who was actually paying the mortgage | 那个负责缴房贷的男人 |
[08:12] | was standing over me | 拿着左轮手枪 |
[08:13] | with a .357. | 站在我面前 |
[08:16] | Those are the nights you wish you were wearing pajamas. | 那样的晚上你会希望自己有穿睡衣 |
[08:21] | So, you done? | 你演完了吗 |
[08:24] | Done what? | 演什么 |
[08:25] | Doing your imitation of the dimmest guy in the room. | 把自己朔造成惨兮兮的样子 |
[08:28] | You don’t need to hustle me. | 你不必讲这些逼我帮助你 |
[08:30] | You don’t need to charm me. | 你不必在我面前装模作样 |
[08:32] | I’m already here. | 我已经在这里了 |
[08:34] | I’m at the table, I’m in the game, | 我在这赌桌 这赌局 |
[08:36] | so deal me in, Mack. | 你就只要发牌 迈克 |
[08:38] | What happened? | 到底怎么了 |
[08:42] | What’d the tribal cop say? | 那部落警察怎么说 |
[08:48] | That you were drunk. | 你喝了烂醉 |
[08:50] | That you publicly threatened the murder victim | 你被赌场拉进黑名单之后 |
[08:52] | after you were banned from the casino, | 公开威胁被害者 |
[08:54] | and then hours later were standing over his dead body. | 几个钟头后你就站在他的尸体旁 |
[09:00] | It’s all true. | 这都是真的 |
[09:03] | Except I didn’t do it. | 但是不是我做得 |
[09:05] | Yeah, Pat and I got into it at the casino. | 我和派特一起去了赌场 |
[09:08] | But then he threw me out. | 但他把我赶出去了 |
[09:11] | Then I went home and I cooled off. | 那之后我就回家冷静自己 |
[09:14] | That’s when he texted me. | 那时候他发简讯给我 |
[09:16] | Told me to come on over and bury the hatchet. | 叫我过来和解 |
[09:19] | Pardon the racially insensitive figure of speech. | 原谅我带有种族意味的比喻 |
[09:23] | What do you mean,”come over,” to his house? | 你说”过来” 是去他家吗 |
[09:27] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:28] | I’ve known Pat longer than I’ve known you. | 我认识派特比认识你还久 |
[09:32] | We both grew up here on the reservation. | 我们都是在保留区长大的(印地安人保留区) |
[09:35] | He liked to play the tough guy. | 他喜欢扮硬汉 |
[09:37] | That was his M.O. | 那就是他 |
[09:41] | So he was dead when you got there. | 所以他在你来之前就死了 |
[09:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:44] | Covered in blood. | 全身都是血 |
[09:48] | I was the guy who called 911. | 警还是我报的 |
[09:52] | I swear I didn’t do it. | 我发誓真的不是我做的 |
[09:54] | I don’t even own a gun. | 我连把枪都没有 |
[09:59] | Come on, college roommate. | 拜托了 大学室友 |
[10:02] | Tell me this is gonna be okay. | 告诉我这没事的 |
[10:04] | You know me. I’m a lot of things, | 你知道我 我是做过很多事 |
[10:07] | but I’m not a murderer. | 但我不是杀人犯 |
[10:08] | Of course, Mack. | 那是当然的 迈克 |
[10:10] | It’s the middle of the night. | 那是大半夜 |
[10:13] | And you know, I’m not a lawyer, | 你也知道 我们不是律师 |
[10:15] | and this is reservation land. | 这又发生在保留区 |
[10:17] | You guys have your own courts, your own rules. | 你们有自己的法院 自己的法律 |
[10:24] | I’m not even sure how much help I can actually be. | 我不确定我能帮你多少 |
[10:29] | Please. | 拜托你 |
[10:34] | You’re the smartest guy I ever met. | 你是我见过最聪明的人 |
[10:38] | Just… | 请你 |
[10:40] | Just get involved. | 请你一定要介入 |
[10:44] | Get me through this. | 帮我度过难关 |
[10:46] | His name’s Makya Benally. | 他的名字是玛卡·本奈利 |
[10:48] | Apparently, he was Bull’s college roommate | 他是布尔 大学一年级时的 |
[10:51] | his freshman year. | 室友 |
[10:52] | Born and raised on the Nawakwa Reservation. | 生长在纳瓦卡保留区 |
[10:55] | After college, he made his way to Vegas | 大学之后 他去了拉斯维加斯 |
[10:58] | working as a dealer and playing cards for money after hours. | 当发牌员 下班后又打牌赚钱 |
[11:02] | Ultimately, he got banned from every casino | 最终他被国内所有的赌场都禁了 |
[11:04] | in the state, so when he couldn’t make a living anymore, | 没办法生活 |
[11:06] | he returned to the reservation, and this was | 又回到保留区 |
[11:09] | about two and a half years ago. | 那是两年半前的事了 |
[11:11] | His rap sheet includes convictions | 他的犯罪纪录包括 |
[11:13] | for drunk and disorderly conduct, | 酒后乱行 |
[11:15] | assault during a bar fight, | 在酒吧打架 |
[11:17] | and illegal gambling, | 违法赌博 |
[11:18] | and now, of course, murder. | 当然现在还有 杀人 |
[11:20] | And this is one | 然后这个人居然 |
[11:21] | of Bull’s friends? | 还是布尔 的朋友 |
[11:24] | Uh, Bull and Benny are on their way back | 布尔 和本尼在去 |
[11:26] | to the reservation | 保留区的路上 |
[11:28] | to see if they can negotiate some kind of bail. | 去协议看看能否保他出来 |
[11:30] | Hey, Danny, in the meantime, find out what it takes | 丹尼 那在这段时间 你能查一下 |
[11:32] | to get this case transferred | 要怎么把这案子转到 |
[11:33] | to a federal court. | 联邦法院 |
[11:34] | Bull would love to have this trial someplace | 布尔 会希望这案子能在 |
[11:36] | where we know all the rules | 我们都懂规则的 |
[11:37] | – and most of players. – Will do. | – 还有最多队友在的法院审判 – 好 |
[11:39] | Cable, anything you can find out about | 凯博 任何你能找得到的 |
[11:41] | this tribe and its court systems. | 关于这个部落和它的法院体制 |
[11:43] | How it works, prior rulings. | 裁决前的流程 |
[11:45] | Anything that will give us a leg up. | 只要是任何能给我们线索的 |
[11:47] | You know, in fact, | 你懂得 那这样 |
[11:48] | you hit the Internet, Chunk, you hit the library. | 你网上搜 特朗科 你去图书馆 |
[11:50] | – Aye, aye, Captain. – Done and done. | – 是的 长官 – 收到 |
[11:56] | This is the courthouse, huh? | 这就是法院吧 |
[11:58] | And the meeting place. | 还是集会场所 |
[12:00] | And the basketball court, | 也是篮球场 |
[12:01] | and I think they have school dances here, too. | 我听说学校舞会好像也在这 |
[12:05] | I’ll try not to be intimidated. | 我尽量保持镇定 |
[12:12] | I see they’ve spared no expense here. | 看来他们真的没花一点经费在这 |
[12:15] | Now, who is this guy to you again? | 这人和你什么关系来着 |
[12:18] | Well, Mack was my college roommate | 迈克是我在康涅狄格读书时 |
[12:19] | freshman year at UConn. | 一年级时的室友 |
[12:21] | And you stayed in contact since graduation? | 你们毕业后也保持着联络 |
[12:23] | Oh, he didn’t graduate. | 他没有毕业 |
[12:25] | Mack got expelled. | 迈克被退学 |
[12:26] | Ah. Didn’t your parents ever have that talk with you | 你父母没有跟你讲过 |
[12:29] | about picking your friends? | 谨慎交友吗 |
[12:31] | He was actually a pretty fantastic guy. | 其实他是很酷的朋友 |
[12:34] | No, I mean it. | 不 我是认真的 |
[12:36] | First of all, maybe the most fun guy in the world. | 第一 他或许世界上最好玩的人 |
[12:40] | Second of all, after living together | 第二 住在一起后的一两周 |
[12:41] | for a week or two, we realized | 我们发现 |
[12:43] | we were both pretty good at two things… | 我们都非常擅长两件事… |
[12:45] | reading people and playing cards. | 阅读人心和打牌 |
[12:49] | So we put together this underground poker game. | 所以我们一起办了个地下扑克赌局 |
[12:52] | We made a fortune. | 我们赚翻了 |
[12:56] | That is, until the university | 那是 在被学校 |
[12:57] | caught wind of it. | 抓到前 |
[12:58] | Shut it down, huh? | 关门大吉了 |
[12:59] | Shut it down and expelled Mack. | 不止关门还退了迈克 |
[13:03] | He took the fall for the whole thing. | 他承担了全部 |
[13:06] | Swore up and down that | 发誓说我 |
[13:07] | I was just an innocent bystander. | 是清白的局外人 |
[13:10] | That’s a pretty good friend. | 那真的是很棒的朋友 |
[13:12] | That is a pretty good friend. | 真的是很棒的朋友 |
[13:14] | So what’s the pitch here, Bull? | 所以我们的开场白是什么 布尔 |
[13:16] | How do we get your friend out on bail? | 我们怎么把你朋友保出来 |
[13:18] | Fastball down the middle. | 就单刀直入 |
[13:20] | Nobody’s found a murder weapon. | 没有人找到杀人武器 |
[13:21] | Evidence is circumstantial. | 证据视情况而定 |
[13:22] | I don’t think it’s gonna be a problem. | 我不觉得会有问题 |
[13:24] | Don’t underestimate Chief Tsosie. | 不要低估苏谢酋长 |
[13:26] | She can be very unpredictable. | 她是很高深莫测的 |
[13:29] | You must be Dr. Bull. | 你一定就是布尔 博士 |
[13:31] | I’m, uh, Taima Wauneka, | 我是泰玛·瓦尼卡 |
[13:33] | Mack’s court-appointed defense representative. | 迈克的指定辩护代表 |
[13:35] | Uh, I look forward to working together. | 合作愉快 |
[13:38] | I’m Benny Colón. | 我是本尼·科隆 |
[13:39] | I work with Dr. Bull, and I am Mack’s lawyer. | 我和布尔 博士一起工作 我也是迈克的律师 |
[13:43] | Well, uh, yes and no. | 这个 对又不对了 |
[13:47] | And the chief you were speaking of? | 你所说的酋长呢 |
[13:49] | Chief Tsosie. She is the leader of our tribe, and, uh, | 苏谢酋长是我们部落的领导 |
[13:52] | presides over our court, uh, not unlike your judge. | 同时也主持法庭 和你们的法官不一样 |
[13:57] | Many subtle differences. | 有很多细微差别 |
[13:59] | In this court, it only takes a majority to convict, | 在这法院 多数派定罪 |
[14:01] | not a unanimous decision, so that’s why there are 13 jurors, | 而不是统一决议 所以要有十三个陪审员 |
[14:05] | and not 12, so there’s always a majority. | 不是十二个 这样才永远都会有多数 |
[14:08] | Also, | 除此 |
[14:09] | the chief picks the defense representative, | 辩护代表也由她来选 |
[14:11] | as well as the | 还有 |
[14:12] | prosecution representative. | 检察官代表 |
[14:13] | – Based on…? – Based on | – 根据… – 根据 |
[14:15] | if she thinks you can do a good job. | 她觉得你是否能胜任这工作 |
[14:16] | So there are no lawyers, and the chief is the judge? | 所以没有律师 而法官就是酋长 |
[14:19] | You’re catching on. | 你已渐入佳境 |
[14:23] | So this is what it’s like in the private sector? | 所以在私企工作就是这种感觉啊 |
[14:26] | Alice, how are you? | 爱丽丝 你好吗 |
[14:29] | How’s life at the Bureau? | 在局里怎么样 |
[14:30] | Government work, government coffee. | 政府工作 政府咖啡 |
[14:31] | Espresso? | 浓缩咖啡吗 |
[14:33] | Oh, you’re cruel. | 你真过分 |
[14:35] | Thanks for coming to me. | 多谢你来看我 |
[14:37] | Oh, not a problem. I was in the area. | 别客气啦 我正好在这边 |
[14:39] | So what do you know about the murder case | 你听说玛卡·本奈利 |
[14:41] | against Makya Benally on the Nawakwa Reservation? | 在纳瓦卡保留区的谋杀案了吗 |
[14:44] | In Marstick. I’m aware of it. | 在玛斯蒂克 我听说了 |
[14:46] | Bureau’s aware of it. | 上面也知道了 |
[14:47] | Why do you ask? | 怎么了吗 |
[14:49] | What would it take for the feds to get jurisdiction? | 要怎样才能让法庭接受审理啊 |
[14:51] | To try the case in federal court? | 让联邦法院审理吗 |
[14:52] | It would take moving heaven and earth. | 那简直比上天还难 |
[14:54] | Really? It’s a murder case. | 真的吗 这可是杀人案啊 |
[14:55] | Between two Nawakwa Nation members | 是两个纳瓦卡人 |
[14:57] | on their sovereign tribal land. | 争夺领地的案子 |
[14:59] | Jurisdiction begins with them. | 他们族内自己审理 |
[15:00] | I can’t twist your arm? | 就没法说服你妈 |
[15:02] | Not my arm you would have to twist. | 跟我说没用 |
[15:03] | It’s Washington’s. | 你得跟华盛顿政府说去 |
[15:04] | We both know that arm doesn’t move | 我们都知道要想让事情有改变 |
[15:06] | without a ton of time and a ton of money. | 前提是有大量的时间和钱 |
[15:10] | When do we get to sit? | 我们什么时候能坐下 |
[15:13] | No one sits before the chief. | 等部长来了才行 |
[15:14] | It’s a sign of respect. | 这是基本的尊重 |
[15:16] | Got it. | 了解 |
[15:17] | How you guys doing? | 大家好啊 |
[15:24] | Woman giving you the evil eye… who is she? | 那个死瞪你的女人… 谁啊 |
[15:26] | That’s Wera Harjo, Pat’s widow. | 维拉·哈乔 派特的遗孀 |
[15:39] | I see we have some new faces today. | 我看到今天有一些新面孔 |
[15:42] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[15:43] | You with the glasses? | 戴眼镜的这位 |
[15:45] | – What’s your name? – Your Honor… | – 尊姓大名 – 法官阁下… |
[15:47] | It’s Chief. Chief Tsosie. | 我是酋长苏谢 |
[15:51] | My apologies, Chief… Tsosie. | 抱歉 酋长… 苏谢 |
[15:55] | My name is Dr. Jason Bull. | 我是杰森·布尔博士 |
[15:57] | Doctor. I assumed you were a lawyer. | 博士 我以为你是律师 |
[15:59] | No. | 不是 |
[16:01] | He’s the lawyer. | 这位是律师 |
[16:03] | I’m what they call a trial scientist. | 我就是所谓的庭审专家 |
[16:05] | Trial science. | 庭审研究啊 |
[16:07] | I think I’ve read about you. | 我感觉读过你的文章 |
[16:08] | That’s highly unlikely. | 不太可能吧 |
[16:10] | No, I’m sure of it. | 不 我确定 |
[16:11] | Many years ago, I studied law in Albany. | 很多年前 我在奥尔巴尼读法律的时候 |
[16:15] | I still read many journals. | 现在我还会读很多期刊 |
[16:17] | Welcome to my courtroom, Dr. Bull. | 欢迎 布尔 博士 |
[16:20] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[16:22] | Today we’re here to try the case of The Tribe | 今天我们处理的是 |
[16:25] | v. Makya Benally, | 玛卡·本奈利的案件 |
[16:28] | who’s accused of the murder | 被告被指控谋杀 |
[16:29] | of fellow tribal member Patwin Harjo. | 同族成员派特文·哈乔 |
[16:33] | Would you please stand, Mr. Benally? | 本奈利先生 请起立 |
[16:35] | How do you plead to these charges? | 你是否认罪 |
[16:37] | I plead not guilty, Chief. | 我申辩无罪 部长 |
[16:40] | Your plea is noted. | 了解 |
[16:41] | The trial begins in two days. | 审讯在两天后进行 |
[16:46] | Two days. | 两天 |
[16:48] | That’s all we got to prepare? | 就两天准备 |
[16:49] | I guess we’re not in Kansas anymore. | 我们已经不是在堪萨斯了 |
[16:51] | When do we discuss bail? | 可以问问能保释吗 |
[16:53] | Uh, Chief, on the matter of bail? | 呃 部长 请问可以保释吗 |
[16:55] | Bail? | 保释 |
[16:57] | Chief, this man is accused of murder. | 部长 这个人是谋杀案嫌疑 |
[16:58] | The tribe requests that, out of a concern | 按照规定 考虑到公共安全 |
[17:00] | for public safety, any request for bail be denied. | 拒绝任何保释 |
[17:03] | Chief, Makya Benally is an innocent man. | 部长 玛卡·本奈利是无罪的 |
[17:06] | Keep in mind, no murder weapon has been found, | 至少没有发现任何作案物品 |
[17:09] | and all evidence thus far is circumstantial. | 目前的证据还是无法证实的 |
[17:12] | He looks forward to participating | 他希望能够和他 |
[17:14] | in the preparation of his defense | 曼哈顿的朋友们 包括我在内 |
[17:16] | with his friends from Manhattan, | 共同准备辩护 |
[17:17] | as well as myself, but to do so, | 前提是 |
[17:19] | he must be able to travel. | 他需要有出行自由 |
[17:21] | Chief, please. | 恳求您 部长 |
[17:23] | In this circumstance, | 考虑到这个情况 |
[17:26] | I’ll allow it. | 我同意 |
[17:29] | Bail is set at $100,000. | 保释金是十万美金 |
[17:33] | Nice. | 很好 |
[17:34] | Fastball down the middle. | 成功了一半了 |
[17:36] | So is there a particular bail bondsman | 这里有没有专门的 |
[17:38] | you use here on the reservation? | 担保人 |
[17:40] | There are no bail bondsmen on the reservation. | 没有 |
[17:44] | Then, why did we ask for bail? | 那你为什么申请保释 |
[17:47] | I don’t know. Seemed like you wanted it, | 不知道啊 好像是你要的吧 |
[17:49] | so I felt that I should get it for you. | 我就帮你申了啊 |
[17:51] | This mean I’m going back to jail? | 你们意思是我还是要回去监狱吗 |
[17:53] | No, don’t worry. I’ll take care of it. | 别担心 我来处理 |
[17:55] | I’ll find the money… somewhere. | 总能凑到钱的… |
[18:01] | What am I signing here? | 我这签的是什么 |
[18:02] | Well, we secured Mack’s bail last night | 是这样 大家昨晚凑够了迈克的保释金 |
[18:04] | with money from our day-to-day, | 都是大家自己的钱 |
[18:06] | so now you’re moving money over from your personal IRA | 所以现在你的任务就是 |
[18:10] | to cover TAC’s day-to-day. | 用你的个人退休金来支撑公司的日常开销 |
[18:12] | You’re a good friend. | 你真够朋友 |
[18:14] | Correction. I’m a friend haunted by guilt. | 纠正一下 我是心存愧疚 |
[18:17] | Good friends don’t pony up this kind of money. | 真朋友才不会为这种事买单 |
[18:20] | Hmm. Mm-hmm. Thank you. | 谢啦 |
[18:22] | Whatever you say. | 随你怎么说 |
[18:24] | Wow. I feel underdressed. | 我好像穿得太随便了 |
[18:27] | This is all J.B.’s? | 这些都是J.B的吗 |
[18:29] | You mean Dr. Bull? | 你是说布尔 博士 |
[18:30] | Uh, this and plenty more. | 是啊 远不止这些 |
[18:33] | Dr. Bull, huh? | 布尔 博士 |
[18:39] | Well, let’s begin at the beginning. | 我们从头开始吧 |
[18:42] | How do I get my hands on a jury list? | 我怎么才能知道陪审员名单 |
[18:45] | There is no jury list. | 没有陪审员名单 |
[18:48] | Um, jurors aren’t randomly | 陪审员不是随便 |
[18:50] | summoned through the mail. | 就被传唤的 |
[18:51] | They volunteer. | 自愿申请 |
[18:52] | Volunteer? | 自愿 |
[18:54] | It’s usually the same 25 or so regulars. | 通常都是二十五个左右 一般都是那些人 |
[18:56] | We live in a small community… 1,400 people. | 我们的社区很小 总共就一千四百人 |
[18:59] | You can see the same folks on virtually every case. | 你基本上每个案子看到的人都一样 |
[19:02] | I do have a list of those names. | 他们的名单我确实有一份 |
[19:10] | Great. Cable, Chunk, split those up. | 很好 凯博 特朗科分工一下 |
[19:12] | Marissa, | 梅丽莎 |
[19:13] | let’s do this old-school. | 老办法 |
[19:15] | Get a car service to take them out to the reservation. | 安排车去保留区 |
[19:17] | – Be my pleasure. – Let’s get pictures of houses | – 收到 – 搜集各种图片 |
[19:19] | and cars and businesses, see what we can surmise. | 看能不能有什么突破点 |
[19:22] | And, Danny, do me a favor. | 然后丹尼 |
[19:24] | Why don’t you go along, too? | 你也一起去吧 |
[19:25] | Dig into Pat. See if he had | 深入调查派特 看他有没有 |
[19:27] | any enemies the tribal police may be overlooking. | 什么仇人 警察可能会忽视的 |
[19:30] | And you two, to the extent | 你俩 |
[19:32] | that you can get people to talk to us, let’s try | 最擅长人际了 调查一下 |
[19:34] | and identify people on that list who know and like Mack. | 名单上有没有人认识迈克或者挺喜欢他的 |
[19:37] | People still love you, don’t they, Mack? | 你还是万人迷吧 迈克 |
[19:38] | Oh, I’m way loved. | 当然 |
[19:39] | I hope so, | 但愿如此 |
[19:41] | ’cause we need all the friends we can get on that jury. | 我们需要挺我们的朋友们来做陪审团 |
[19:43] | Tell ’em why, Taima. | 说明一下泰玛 |
[19:46] | Reasonable doubt is not | 合理怀疑不是 |
[19:47] | the standard in our tribal court. | 陪审法庭的标准 |
[19:49] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[19:50] | That means | 就是说 |
[19:51] | the jury only needs to believe | 陪审团只需要相信 |
[19:52] | that Mack is more likely than not the murderer. | 迈克更像是凶手 |
[19:55] | More likely than not? Really? | 更像是 真的吗 |
[19:57] | Really. | 没错 |
[19:58] | There’s a lower burden of proof for the prosecution, | 对原告来说压力少了 |
[20:00] | which means our job is a lot harder. | 但我们责任就更重大了 |
[20:08] | Okay. I felt us park. | 我感觉停车了 |
[20:10] | Can I take this blindfold off now? | 我能摘下来了吗 |
[20:12] | No, not yet. | 还不行 |
[20:13] | Oh, you feel that? | 你感觉到了吗 |
[20:14] | Oh. That’s a nice shirt. | 衣服不错嘛 |
[20:15] | No, that’s my heart pounding. | 不是 是我的心跳 |
[20:17] | Oh, Kyle, look, no, no, no. | 凯尔 别别别 |
[20:20] | Mm, this is starting to get gooey. | 太腻歪了 |
[20:22] | I’m actually not really good with gooey. | 不太适合我 |
[20:24] | I am actually really good with going to nice restaurants, | 我比较擅长去高档餐厅 |
[20:27] | and enjoying some good wine, and sleeping over | 喝点酒 每周偶尔在 |
[20:30] | at each other’s apartment once or twice a week. | 各自公寓过夜 |
[20:32] | All right, stop. This isn’t gooey. | 好好好 行了 那可不是腻歪 |
[20:34] | My heart’s pounding because I’m about to show you something | 我心跳加快是因为我要给你看看 |
[20:36] | that means a lot to me, and I’m just worried that you’ll… | 对我很重要的东西 我只是担心你… |
[20:38] | Hey, hey, hey, don’t worry. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 别担心 |
[20:40] | Stop worrying. | 别再担心了 |
[20:41] | Okay. Take off the blindfold. | 好吧 摘下来吧 |
[20:53] | Let’s get out of the car. | 我们下车 |
[21:00] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[21:03] | I own this entire block. | 这个片区都是我的 |
[21:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:08] | Well, me and a big Chinese bank | 其实是我 还有一家大的中国银行 |
[21:11] | and a bunch of investors. | 和一些投资人 |
[21:12] | I’m happy for all of you. | 为你们所有人高兴 |
[21:14] | You’re trying to corner the market on urban blight? | 你是要垄断所有的贫民窟改造吗 |
[21:18] | Kinda. | 差不多吧 |
[21:19] | We’re building a 40-story mixed-use building right | 我们现在正在建一栋四十层高的多用途建筑 |
[21:22] | on that corner. Biggest project in all of Queens. | 就在那里 皇后区最大的项目 |
[21:24] | Beautiful. Maybe I’ll show you the model one of these days. | 这位美女 我那天说不定还能领你看看样板间 |
[21:28] | High-end supermarket on the ground floor | 那边是一栋23曾的建筑 |
[21:31] | of a 23-story building on that corner. | 一楼就有一家高端市场 |
[21:34] | We are gonna transform this neighborhood. | 我们要改造这里 |
[21:39] | One of my favorite words, by the way, “transform.” | “改造”是我最喜欢的词之一 |
[21:42] | I’ve never seen you like this. | 从没见过你这个样子 |
[21:43] | You’re like a little kid. | 像个孩子一样 |
[21:46] | I spend every day thinking of two things: | 我每天都在想两件事 |
[21:48] | you and this. | 你 还有这个项目 |
[21:51] | I just thought it was time you met each other. | 我只是想我们相遇的那天 |
[22:04] | Enough of that. | 行了 |
[22:05] | Let’s go find a fine restaurant, drink some good wine, | 我们去吃点好的 喝点小酒 |
[22:08] | and figure out whose apartment to wake up in. | 然后决定今晚去谁家 |
[22:10] | In a minute. | 马上 |
[22:14] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉久等了 |
[22:16] | It’s a big casino, and I’m one guy. | 这里太大了 又只有我一个人 |
[22:20] | An hour and 20 minutes. | 迟到了一小时二十分钟 |
[22:23] | Makes me think you’re not that excited to be talking to me. | 我都觉得你不想和我谈了 |
[22:26] | My friend was murdered, and you work for the man who did it, | 我朋友被杀了 你还在为杀人凶手办事 |
[22:28] | – so… – The man I’m working for | – 所以 – 我为他办事的那个人 |
[22:29] | claims he didn’t do it. | 说自己是清白的 |
[22:31] | And I have to believe you’re just as interested | 我得你相信你是愿意 |
[22:33] | in making sure we find the real killer | 帮助我们找出真凶的 |
[22:35] | as much as anyone else here. | 告诉我尽可能多的消息 |
[22:37] | So, tell me, | 所以跟我说说 |
[22:39] | who else might’ve done it? | 下手的还有可能是谁 |
[22:40] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不懂你说的 |
[22:42] | – Everybody here loved Pat. – Come on, | – 这里的人都喜欢派特 – 得了吧 |
[22:44] | you work for casino security. | 你是赌场安保 |
[22:45] | You say no to a lot of people. | 你要拒绝很多人的 |
[22:48] | Okay. Sure. | 好吧 没错 |
[22:50] | There are hookers we have to turn in, | 我们见到站街的得举报 |
[22:51] | cars stolen from the parking lot. | 有人在停车场偷车 |
[22:53] | People lose their life savings and blame us. | 还有输的倾家荡产的还赖我们的 |
[22:55] | But I don’t think any of those folks killed Pat. | 但我觉得这里的人都不会杀派特 |
[22:57] | Okay. I’ll ask. Why are you so sure Mack did it? | 好吧 那这么问 你为什么这么肯定就是迈克 |
[23:01] | Because I was here. | 因为我当时就在场 |
[23:03] | I saw how drunk he was. | 我看见了他醉成什么样子了 |
[23:05] | I saw how mad he was. | 我也看见他有多生气 |
[23:07] | Guy makes his living playing cards. | 那家伙就是靠赌博过活的 |
[23:08] | Pat told him all that was over. | 派特跟他说他没戏了 |
[23:10] | He was banned. | 以后就进不来赌场了 |
[23:11] | They won’t let him play in Vegas. | 他们把他在拉斯维加斯禁赌了 |
[23:13] | It’s not like he can move to another reservation. | 他又不能去其他的保留区 |
[23:16] | Let’s not make this harder than it is. | 你就别再这为难我了 |
[23:19] | Well, I’m gonna make it a little harder. | 我就是要为难为难 |
[23:22] | I’d love to get a copy of every incident report | 我想要在过去三年内有关安保的 |
[23:24] | involving security for, say, the last three years. | 所有案件记录 |
[23:27] | That something you can pull together for me? | 你能帮我办到吧 |
[23:30] | The tribe told me to provide you with whatever you need. | 部落让我尽可能的配合你 |
[23:33] | I was told by my boss to wait as long as it takes | 我老板说不管等多久都要等 |
[23:35] | for those reports, so… | 只要能拿到记录 所以 |
[23:37] | this is all gonna work out perfectly. | 我们的合作会非常愉快的 |
[23:42] | Bull. Bull. | 布尔 布尔 |
[23:45] | Uh, sorry to startle you. | 抱歉吵醒你 |
[23:47] | We just got back from the reservation. | 我们刚从保留区回来 |
[23:49] | I had a feeling you’d still be here, | 我就预感你还在这 |
[23:51] | and I wanted to catch you before you headed to court. | 我想去法庭前和你见一面 |
[23:58] | Forgive my appearance. | 抱歉我现在这么蓬头垢面 |
[24:01] | It’s a… | 这 |
[24:02] | it’s a real page-turner. | 这读了简直停不下来 |
[24:05] | So, what’s up? | 所以 什么事 |
[24:06] | Your buddy, he’s not winning any popularity contests | 你的老伙计 现在在保留区 |
[24:09] | on that reservation. | 可不怎么受欢迎啊 |
[24:10] | Mm. What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[24:12] | Bull, I don’t doubt that he was a great roommate | 布尔 我相信他二十年前 |
[24:14] | 20-some years ago. | 一定是个好舍友 |
[24:16] | But, apparently, in present day, | 但很显然 目前来看 |
[24:17] | he’s not a very good neighbor. | 他可不是一个好邻居 |
[24:20] | He’s the guy with noisy parties in the middle of the week. | 他是那种上班日开聚会的人 |
[24:23] | H-He’s the jerk who curses at your kid at Halloween. | 他还会在万圣节咒你家小孩 |
[24:26] | He’s the jackass at the community pool | 他就是这个社区的一棵老鼠屎 |
[24:28] | who rates everybody’s wives and girlfriends. | 给所有女性评分 |
[24:31] | Borrows money, doesn’t pay it back. | 给他借钱就是肉包子打狗 |
[24:33] | Drinks too much, drives too fast. | 酗酒 超速驾驶 |
[24:35] | And his music only plays on loud. | 音乐声吵死人 |
[24:38] | Everybody hates him. | 没人喜欢他 |
[24:40] | Well, that doesn’t make him guilty of murder. | 这也不能说明他就是杀人凶手啊 |
[24:44] | The point is, | 重点是 |
[24:45] | of the 25 people on that jury list, | 陪审团名单上的二十五个人中 |
[24:47] | 18 people know him | 有十八个认识他 |
[24:49] | and 18 people hate him. | 十八个都讨厌他 |
[24:52] | And the other seven haven’t heard anything good. | 剩下那七个也没听过他的什么好 |
[24:59] | The jury is set. | 陪审团已经定了 |
[25:01] | The trial will commence | 现在是一小时的午餐时间 |
[25:03] | after a one-hour lunch break. | 午餐后庭审开始 |
[25:08] | This jury wants to send me to the firing squad. | 庭审还没开始呢 |
[25:11] | And the trial hasn’t even started. | 这个陪审团就想把我送上刑场了 |
[25:13] | I thought this jury stuff was your specialty. | 我还以为陪审团这种事是你的专长呢 |
[25:15] | Who knew? | 谁能知道呢 |
[25:16] | To know you is to loathe you. | 认识你想不讨厌你都难啊 |
[25:19] | We’re eating lunch in the car. | 我们去车里吃 |
[25:21] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[25:23] | There were two people on that jury who weren’t on your list. | 陪审团里还有两个不在名单上 |
[25:25] | – You know ’em? – Sure. | – 你认识他们吗 – 当然 |
[25:26] | Uh, the woman is Catori Yazzie. | 女的是卡特里·亚兹 |
[25:28] | Um, Pat’s wife, Wera, actually saved her child | 派特的妻子维拉几年前 |
[25:31] | on the operating table a couple years back. | 刚从手术台上保住了她的孩子 |
[25:33] | Wow. When it rains, it tsunamis. | 屋漏偏逢连夜雨啊 |
[25:36] | The other one, though, uh, the man, that’s, uh, Joe Chavis. | 另一个男人是乔·查韦斯 |
[25:39] | He’s a very prominent businessman on the reservation. | 他是保留区里一个很成功的商人 |
[25:42] | Not the kind of guy that usually volunteers for juries, but, uh, | 他不是那种会自愿来当陪审团的人 |
[25:46] | he owns the car wash, runs an auto shop. | 他有一家洗车行 还有一家汽车专用品店 |
[25:49] | Um, he’s actually talking about maybe even opening up | 他还在准备运营 |
[25:51] | – a dealership. – His house, | – 经销店呢 – 他的房子 |
[25:53] | his business… any of those close enough to visit? | 他的生意 有没有近的能去看看的 |
[25:56] | Well, the auto shop is a couple minutes away. | 那家汽车专用品店就几分钟的路 |
[25:58] | I’m not sure what you’ll learn, | 我不确定你能查到什么 |
[26:00] | – but, uh… – Driver, | – 但是 – 司机 |
[26:01] | – this man will direct you. – Yes, sir. | – 听他指路 – 好的 |
[26:09] | I like it. He’s investing in himself. | 我喜欢 这个人在对自己投资 |
[26:12] | Suggests he can see | 说明他能 |
[26:14] | beyond the obvious. | 透过现象看到本质 |
[26:15] | And his relative success suggests | 他的成功也说明 |
[26:17] | that he may be a meaningful voice | 在判决的时候 |
[26:19] | when it comes time for deliberations. | 他的意见可能会很关键 |
[26:21] | You look at a body shop and you see all that? | 你就看了一眼这地方就得出这么多结论 |
[26:25] | I take my optimism where I can find it, Benny. | 我这是尽可能的找出积极线索 本尼 |
[26:27] | Don’t rain on my parade. | 别给我泼冷水 |
[26:28] | Don’t you think it’s kind of weird | 你不觉得这有点怪吗 |
[26:30] | that he’s starting renovations by ripping up a sidewalk? | 翻新先从人行道开始 |
[26:33] | I’m feeling drops, Mr. Colón. | 我感受到你的冷水了 科隆 |
[26:35] | Do not start down this path. | 别再说了 |
[26:39] | Anybody else feel like lunch? | 有人想吃午饭了吗 |
[26:41] | After responding to a 911 call at the Harjo residence, | 接到哈乔家打来的911报警电话以后 |
[26:45] | what did you find? | 你都看到了什么 |
[26:46] | Pat Harjo was lying facedown, dead. | 派特哈乔面朝下已经死亡 |
[26:49] | Mack was standing over him. | 迈克就站在他旁边 |
[26:51] | And Mack had Pat’s blood in his clothes | 身上手上还有派特的 |
[26:53] | – and on his hands? – Yes. | – 血吗 – 没错 |
[26:55] | Mack was | 迈克是 |
[26:56] | the only other person at the scene of the murder? | 谋杀现场唯一出现过的人吗 |
[26:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:00] | Thank you for your service. | 感谢你的合作 |
[27:03] | So, the blood on Mack’s hands, | 那么 迈克手上的血 |
[27:05] | what does that indicate to you? | 说明了什么 |
[27:07] | Intimate contact with the body after it was shot. | 说明他在受害者遭到枪击后与其有过密切接触 |
[27:10] | And when you say “intimatecontact,” could that mean | 你说的密切接触 可能是 |
[27:13] | checking for a pulse, both at the wrist and the neck? | 他对死者手腕与动脉脉搏的检查吗 |
[27:16] | It could. | 有可能 |
[27:17] | And, in fact, | 事实上 |
[27:19] | isn’t that what the defendant told you | 被告在你拘捕他之后 |
[27:20] | after you arrested him, | 就是这么说的吧 |
[27:22] | that he came upon the body | 说他走进尸体 |
[27:24] | and that he was trying to determine whether | 他想看看 |
[27:27] | his longtime friend was alive? | 他的老友是否还活着 |
[27:29] | That is what he told us, yes. | 他是这么说的 没错 |
[27:31] | when you found the defendant | 当你发现被告 |
[27:33] | standing over the victim’s body, did you see the murder weapon? | 站在受害者尸体旁边时 看到凶器了吗 |
[27:37] | We did not. | 没有 |
[27:38] | So is it your testimony that you believe | 那你的证词中则说你相信 |
[27:41] | that the defendant killed the victim, | 被告杀害了死者 |
[27:44] | called the police, hid | 报了警 |
[27:46] | the murder weapon, but didn’t bother | 藏了凶器 却懒得 |
[27:48] | to wash off any blood | 没把自己身上的血 |
[27:50] | on his person? | 洗掉 |
[27:51] | You’re putting words in my mouth. | 这是你说的 |
[27:53] | My apologies, so soon after lunch. | 那抱歉了 |
[27:57] | New question. | 还有个问题 |
[27:59] | The bullet that killed Pat was a .30-06 Springfield caliber, | 杀死派特的子弹是30-06式的斯普林菲尔德口径 |
[28:02] | – correct? – Yes. | – 对吗 -对 |
[28:03] | And isn’t that one of the most common calibers on the market? | 这难道不是市面上最常见的一款吗 |
[28:08] | I suppose you could say that. | 可以这么说吧 |
[28:10] | More than 300 tribal members on the reservation | 超过300名部落成员 |
[28:13] | have a gun that will shoot the caliber that matches | 拥有的枪都符合 |
[28:15] | that description, correct? | 这一描述 对吗 |
[28:18] | Around there, yes. | 差不多吧 |
[28:20] | Thank you. Nothing further. | 谢谢 没有问题了 |
[28:21] | Taima did good work. | 泰玛做的不错 |
[28:24] | Where do you think | 你觉得 |
[28:25] | Joe Chavis stands? | 乔·查韦斯什么意见 |
[28:26] | It’s hard to tell. | 不好说 |
[28:28] | Good poker player. | 打的一手好牌 |
[28:36] | Stop looking back at the victim’s widow. | 别再看死者遗孀了 |
[28:41] | You’re drawing the jury’s attention | 你把陪审团的注意力 |
[28:42] | to her tears and doin the other side’s work for them. | 都吸引到她的眼泪上了 这对你没好处 |
[28:47] | Thank you. | 多谢了 |
[28:48] | And if there’s anything else you can do | 如果你还能做什么 |
[28:49] | to help me save your life, it would be much appreciated. | 帮我救你命的话 我就谢谢你了 |
[28:53] | You can read everyone at that table, can’t you? | 你能读懂在场所有人的心思对吧 |
[28:56] | Can read almost anybody. | 几乎每一个人 |
[28:59] | Except my own client. | 就是都不懂我自己的客户 |
[29:02] | You were pretty rough on him today. | 你今天对他有点过了 |
[29:05] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:09] | Any chance I can persuade you to… | 你能不能 |
[29:11] | call your own car? | 一会自己回去 |
[29:13] | I think maybe I ought to stop by Mack’s. | 我一会可能去一趟迈克家 |
[29:15] | Apologize. | 道个歉 |
[29:18] | Buck him up. | 给他打打气 |
[29:51] | It’s Mack. Start talking. | 我是迈克 请留言 |
[29:53] | Hey, Mack, I’m at your front door, and you’re not here. | 迈克 我在你家门口 你却不在家 |
[29:56] | You’re out on bail, my friend, | 你现在是保释期 伙计 |
[29:58] | bail bought and paid for with my money. | 用我的钱保的释 |
[30:00] | You’re not supposed to be out raising hell. | 你不能出来乱跑 |
[30:02] | Give me a call when you can. | 有空给我回个电话 |
[30:18] | Of course. | 早该想到 |
[30:23] | Mack. | 迈克 |
[30:45] | Damn it to hell, Mack. | 该死 迈克 |
[30:56] | Cut this man off. | 给我拦住他 |
[31:00] | Hot damn, J.B. | 厉害啊 J.B. |
[31:02] | How’d you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[31:04] | You’ve got a phone… I’ve got a young lady | 你有手机 我手下有人 |
[31:06] | who can find you. | 她能找到你 |
[31:08] | She said the last call you made was to a boat rental outfit | 她说你最后一通电话是打给这里的 |
[31:11] | here on the river. | 一家租船公司 |
[31:12] | That’s truly impressive. | 真厉害 |
[31:15] | I’m guessing you rented a boat | 我猜你租了一艘船 |
[31:17] | and you don’t plan to return it. | 没准备还 |
[31:21] | And you’re adding | 然后你还想往自己的前科里添上 |
[31:23] | fugitive and grand larceny to your rap sheet? | 畏罪潜逃和大宗盗窃吗 |
[31:25] | You should be on Jeopardy! | 你真应该去参加《危机问答》 |
[31:27] | I’d already be gone… | 我本来现在已经离开了 |
[31:29] | but the weather looks bad. | 但是天气不太好 |
[31:31] | I don’t know who’s the bigger fool… | 我不知道咱俩到底谁更傻 |
[31:33] | you or me. | 你还是我 |
[31:36] | You know what happens next, right? | 你知道接下来会怎么样 对吧 |
[31:37] | You hole up in Canada or wherever it is you’re headed, | 你停在加拿大还是哪里 |
[31:40] | the cops’ll look for you for a while, but then… | 警察会找你找一段时间 然后 |
[31:44] | they’ll decide you’re not worth the trouble. | 他们会觉得这么做浪费精力不值得 |
[31:46] | So far this is sounding pretty good. | 听起来还不错啊 |
[31:48] | But then you’ll do something stupid. | 然后你又要做傻事 |
[31:50] | You’ll get drunk or get in a fight | 喝的醉醺醺要么就斗殴 |
[31:52] | or you’ll con money off the wrong person, | 或者骗错了人 |
[31:55] | and they will put you away for good, | 然后他们把你永远扔进监狱 |
[31:57] | and they will charge you with everything you ever did | 最后你会被你所干过的所有事起诉 |
[31:59] | and a bunch of stuff you didn’t. | 还有一堆莫须有的罪名 |
[32:01] | And it’ll stick, and you will take the fall. | 然后这就是结局 你要为此付出代价 |
[32:04] | Just like I did in college, huh? | 就像我大学那样对吧 |
[32:06] | Oh. I see. | 我懂了 |
[32:08] | Is it Nostalgia Night here at the Last Dive Bar | 我们现在是在去洲际酒吧前 |
[32:10] | Before the Interstate Pub and Grub? | 跑这怀旧来了是吧 |
[32:12] | Apparently I can never repay you for this | 显然我是永远没办法还清 |
[32:14] | extraordinarily selfless deed you committed on my behalf. | 你当年为我做的无私牺牲了 |
[32:19] | The part we always leave out is that | 但是我们总是忘了提的是 |
[32:21] | you hadn’t gone to class in a month and they were gonna | 你当年连续旷课一个月 |
[32:23] | kick you out anyway. | 他们最终都是要把你退学的 |
[32:30] | I’m done. | 我受够了 |
[32:32] | Okay? I put 100 grand up for your bail | 行吗 我掏了十万保你出来 |
[32:34] | and I am reasonably certain I’ll never see it again. | 我觉得我们以后应该不会再见了 |
[32:38] | So I’d say we’re even. | 所以我们扯平了 |
[32:41] | Now I’m gonna go get some sleep. | 我现在要回家睡觉了 |
[32:43] | At least one of us should show up in court tomorrow. | 我们俩明天至少有一个得去法庭 |
[32:48] | Dr. Bull. Bull, wake up. | 布尔博士 布尔 醒醒 |
[32:53] | Bull. Hey. | 布尔 |
[32:55] | Sorry to wake you. | 抱歉吵醒你 |
[32:57] | I was going through the casino’s incident reports | 我昨晚过了一遍赌场事故报告 |
[32:59] | last night and, uh, came across something interesting. | 发现了点有趣的事情 |
[33:01] | Something I think you’re gonna want to know | 我觉得你应该想上法庭之前 |
[33:03] | before going into court. | 听一听 |
[33:06] | – Or not. – Mm, sorry. | – 或者不想 – 抱歉 |
[33:09] | I’m not actually sure I care. | 我不知道我到底是不是无所谓 |
[33:12] | You’re the boss. | 你说了算 |
[33:13] | No. No, I want to hear. | 不 不 我想听 |
[33:18] | Okay, maybe it’s nothing. | 好吧 也许也没什么 |
[33:20] | But when I was talking to Koi, he mentioned that the casino | 但是我跟凯伊聊的时候他说赌场 |
[33:23] | had a car theft problem. 106 thefts in the last year, | 车辆一直被盗 去年发生了106起 |
[33:26] | 30 in the last eight weeks before Pat was murdered. | 在派特被杀前八周有30起 |
[33:29] | All taken from the same back parking lot | 都是在那个停车场被盗 |
[33:31] | at roughly the same time of night. | 被盗时间也基本相同 |
[33:33] | All high-end, easy-to- trace luxury vehicles. | 都是高端 易追踪的豪华轿车 |
[33:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:37] | And then Pat installed cameras | 然后派特安了监控 |
[33:38] | and added patrols, | 加强了巡逻 |
[33:40] | and the thefts suddenly stopped. | 然后盗窃就停止了 |
[33:42] | Makes me think someone | 让我觉得有人 |
[33:43] | is no longer making a lot of money. | 为此失去了一笔钱 |
[33:45] | I’m following you, but I’m not sure where we’re going. | 我在听 可是没懂 |
[33:49] | High-end luxury cars are worth a lot more in pieces | 高端车的零件 |
[33:51] | than they are assembled. | 比整车更值钱 |
[33:53] | That’s how you monetize them… you sell the parts. | 所以贩卖零部件更赚钱 |
[33:55] | Easy to move, impossible to trace. | 便于转移 也查不到去处 |
[33:57] | But you need a place to take the cars apart. | 但是必须要有地方拆车 |
[33:59] | – Still not caring. – There are only | – 还是不懂 – 在保留区附近 |
[34:01] | a small number of facilities | 只有很少的地方 |
[34:03] | with the space and the tools | 有空间和工具 |
[34:05] | needed to do the job in and around the reservation, | 来完成这个工作 |
[34:07] | and only one on the reservation itself. | 保留区内只有一个 |
[34:10] | Belongs to a guy named Joe Chavis. | 那地方属于乔·查韦斯 |
[34:15] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[34:16] | You mean our Joe Chavis…the one on the jury? | 你说乔·查韦斯 陪审团的那个 |
[34:19] | Unless there’s another Joe Chavis on the reservation. | 除非保留区里还有一个叫乔·查韦斯的 |
[34:21] | Well, we know he owns an auto repair shop. We were there yesterday. | 好吧 我们知道他有汽车店 我们昨天刚去 |
[34:24] | Yeah, but it doesn’t mean he owns the auto repair shop | 对 但这不代表他的车店 |
[34:26] | that’s been chopping up these cars, | 就是销售赃物的啊 |
[34:29] | and it’s not like we can ask him. | 而且我们也没法对质 |
[34:31] | That would be jury tampering. | 否则就成了干涉陪审团 |
[34:33] | Even on the reservation? | 在保留区也是吗 |
[34:34] | Even on the reservation. | 在保留区也是 |
[34:36] | Pretty clever if it’s true, though. | 但我很确定如果是真的 |
[34:38] | Kill a man, frame someone else, | 杀人 栽赃 |
[34:41] | then volunteer to be on the jury | 然后自愿进陪审团 |
[34:42] | that’s trying the person you set up? | 这就是栽赃陷害吧 |
[34:44] | When we get to the courthouse, | 等我们去法庭的时候 |
[34:46] | you keep the car. | 你留在车上 |
[34:47] | Driver’ll take you over to Joe Chavis’ Auto Body. | 司机会带你去乔·查韦斯的店 |
[34:49] | Take a look around, see if he’s operating a chop shop. | 四处看一看 看他有没有赃车厂 |
[34:52] | If he is… give me a call. | 如果有 给我打电话 |
[34:55] | Meantime, I’ll do everything I can to stall in the courtroom | 同时我也会尽可能的在法庭拖延 |
[34:57] | until I hear back from you. | 直到接到你们的电话 |
[34:58] | And if you happen to see a rifle that fires | 如果你们刚好看见一把 |
[35:00] | .30-06 Springfield bullets lying around, | 配30-06式的斯普林菲尔德口径的枪 |
[35:03] | I’d love to hear about that, too. | 也别忘了告诉我 |
[35:05] | Is the defendant not in attendance? | 被告是不来出席了吗 |
[35:08] | We’re reaching out to him as we speak. | 我们正在联系他 |
[35:11] | Uh, when I spoke to him last night he said he wasn’t… | 我昨晚见他的时候 |
[35:14] | feeling very well. | 他不是很舒服 |
[35:15] | May we beg the Court’s indulgence? | 请法庭谅解 |
[35:17] | The Court will take a one-hour recess. | 现在休庭一小时 |
[35:19] | And if, at that time, the defendant is not present, | 如果到时候被告还不出现 |
[35:23] | we will commence closing arguments | 我们就结案 |
[35:25] | and I will issue a warrant for his arrest | 我会颁布他的拘捕令 |
[35:28] | on contempt of court charges. | 罪名是藐视法庭 |
[35:36] | Anything you want to share? | 还有什么事吗 |
[35:38] | No. | 没有了 |
[35:52] | Let’s take a minute and go over your closing arguments, okay? | 花一分钟过一遍总结陈词吧 |
[35:56] | Danny? | 丹尼 |
[35:57] | Hey. This place is locked up tighter than a vault. | 这地方比保险箱还严实 |
[35:59] | There’s nobody here. There’s nothing going on. | 这里没有人 什么都没有 |
[36:02] | There’s no sign on the door, no explanation why. | 门上也没有标志 没有说原因 |
[36:04] | You know, it’s almost as if they knew that we were looking | 感觉他们知道我们 |
[36:07] | at those incident reports and starting to figure things out. | 看了报告发现了蹊跷 |
[36:10] | Maybe they do know. Maybe someone told them. | 也许他们确实知道 也许有人告密 |
[36:13] | Like who… Koi from casino security? | 比如 赌场那个保安凯伊吗 |
[36:15] | You need to lead with the fact that-that | 你要想想 |
[36:17] | there’s no murder weapon. Did you talk to the guys | 这没有凶器 你跟修路工人聊过吗 |
[36:19] | working the sidewalk? Maybe they know something. | 修路工人 也许他们知道什么 |
[36:21] | There’s no weapon to tie him to the crime. | 没有凶器指向他 |
[36:22] | Bull, what guys? | 布尔 谁啊 |
[36:24] | I told you, there’s nobody here. | 我说了这一个人都没有 |
[36:25] | And the sidewalk’s done. | 人行道已经完工了 |
[36:26] | In fact, it’s just a little, tiny part. | 他们就修了一小块 |
[36:29] | Just a little square. | 就一个方块大小 |
[36:33] | Danny, stay right there. | 丹尼 在那别动 |
[36:35] | I’m gonna talk to the chief. | 我要和酋长聊一下 |
[36:36] | I got to get permission to do something. | 征求许可做件事 |
[36:42] | It’s Mack. Start talking. | 我是迈克 请留言 |
[36:44] | Hey, man. | 嘿 |
[36:46] | Maybe I should have begged you last night. | 我昨晚可能是该求你 |
[36:48] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:50] | I let my anger get the best of me. | 我气晕了 |
[36:53] | But this is one of those moments. | 但是这很正常 |
[36:54] | You can actually do the right thing | 你现在能够挽救局面 |
[36:56] | even though you’ve already done the wrong thing. | 即使你已经做了错事 |
[36:58] | If you’re not too far away, turn around. | 如果你还没走太远 掉头 |
[37:00] | Come back. | 回来 |
[37:02] | Get to court. | 来法庭 |
[37:04] | Mack is unquestionably the killer. | 迈克毫无疑问就是凶手 |
[37:07] | He had means, he had motive. | 他有手段 有动机 |
[37:09] | He had the blood of the victim on his body, | 身上都是死者的血液 |
[37:11] | and he has no alibi. | 也没有不在场证明 |
[37:13] | And if you’re at all unsure about his guilt… | 如果你们还不确定他的罪行 |
[37:16] | well, he’s done you the favor of leaving town | 他已经半夜离开镇子 |
[37:19] | in the middle of the night. | 帮了大家的忙 |
[37:21] | Clearly the act of a guilty man. | 很显然这就是畏罪潜逃 |
[37:24] | So let’s put this matter to rest, once and for all, | 所以我们可以决定了 |
[37:27] | and convict him. | 判处他 |
[37:29] | Then let the police do their job | 然后剩下的就是警察的工作了 |
[37:31] | and catch him, so we can lock him up | 抓住他 我们就能关起来他 |
[37:34] | and make sure that he never hurts anybody again. | 确保他不再作恶 |
[37:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:39] | You know, it’s easy to dislike Mack. | 讨厌迈克很容易 |
[37:42] | He spends too much time in the casino, | 他成天混迹于赌场 |
[37:44] | he gets too loud, he gets too drunk, | 声音太大 醉醺醺 |
[37:48] | seems to care more about having fun | 更在乎的是享乐 |
[37:49] | than being a good friend or | 而不是当个好朋友 |
[37:51] | a good citizen. | 好公民 |
[37:54] | None of that matters | 但这都不重要 |
[37:55] | and none of that means that he’s a murderer. | 这些都不能说明他就是杀人凶手 |
[37:59] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[38:01] | there is simply no hard evidence | 没有直接证据支持 |
[38:03] | to back up the assertion | 这些断言 |
[38:05] | that Mack is the man responsible for this killing. | 证明迈克就是杀人凶手 |
[38:08] | Yes, they found him standing over the body, | 没错他是出现在尸体旁边 |
[38:11] | but that’s because he called the police. | 但是这是因为是他报的警 |
[38:13] | And, to date, the murder weapon has not been found. | 以及到今天为止也没有发现凶器 |
[38:16] | So are we gonna convict somebody | 所以我们是要判一个罪 |
[38:18] | just because we don’t like him? | 就因为我们不喜欢他吗 |
[38:21] | And, for that matter, | 对此 |
[38:23] | has anyone demonstrated any real motive? | 有人表现出真正动机吗 |
[38:26] | If you believe Mack is a killer, | 如果你们相信迈克是凶手 |
[38:28] | then you believe he murdered Pat, | 那你们就是相信他杀害了派特 |
[38:31] | a man he’d known for most of his life, | 一个他认识多年的朋友 |
[38:33] | because he banned him from playing poker… | 就因为他不让他再踏入赌场 |
[38:37] | a situation that killing Pat | 而杀了派特 |
[38:39] | would not remedy. | 也不能让他再进赌场 |
[38:41] | It just doesn’t make any sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[38:43] | Ask yourself | 问问自己 |
[38:45] | who does this make sense for? | 谁会真的这么做 |
[38:48] | Maybe someone who made a small fortune | 也许是某个以偷车为手段 |
[38:51] | stealing cars, | 赚钱的人 |
[38:53] | chopping them up, | 拆车销赃 |
[38:55] | and selling them for parts. | 然后贩卖零件 |
[38:57] | Someone who Pat | 一个派特 |
[38:59] | was determined to stop. | 决心阻止的人 |
[39:01] | That’s the person who has motive to kill Pat. | 这才是有动机杀派特的人 |
[39:03] | For real money, | 为了钱 |
[39:05] | not for some poker hands. | 而不是打牌 |
[39:13] | Forgive the interruption, Chief, but with the help | 抱歉打扰了酋长 但是通过 |
[39:15] | of Officer Abeita, the tribal police, | 部落警官阿贝塔的帮助 |
[39:18] | and with your permission, | 以及你的许可 |
[39:19] | we dug up the sidewalk in front of Joe Chavis’ Auto Body, | 我们挖开了乔·查韦斯车店门前的人行道 |
[39:22] | and, lo and behold, discovered this rifle. | 您瞧 我们找到了这把枪 |
[39:28] | In light of this new evidence, | 鉴于新的物证 |
[39:30] | and as we wait for forensic testing, | 以及我们等待鉴定结果的空挡 |
[39:32] | the defense suggests | 被告愿意 |
[39:34] | that we stop this current trial. | 暂停当前庭审 |
[39:41] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[39:42] | And, in addition, | 除此 |
[39:44] | that the Court | 我们建议法庭 |
[39:45] | issue a warrant for Joe Chavis | 同意对乔·查韦斯谋杀 |
[39:48] | in the murder of Patwin Harjo. | 派特文·哈乔的拘捕令 |
[39:55] | A warrant is hereby issued. | 同意 |
[39:58] | No, you can’t be serious. | 不可能 |
[39:59] | They-they can’t just dig up my sidewalk. | 他们不能就这么挖开我的路 |
[40:01] | – That evidence was planted. – Well, we’ll find out | – 那是栽赃的 – 我们会继续调查的 |
[40:03] | soon enough, Mr. Chavis. | 查韦斯先生 |
[40:05] | – Take him down to holding, please. – This is crazy. | – 关押候审 – 这真是疯了 |
[40:07] | Okay? Mack’s the killer. | 迈克才是凶手 |
[40:10] | Mack’s the killer. | 迈克才是凶手 |
[40:12] | Mack… Everyone knows Mack is the killer. | 迈克 大家都心知肚明他才是凶手 |
[40:15] | Please. | 拜托 |
[40:16] | Get your hands off me, you have the wrong guy. | 放开我 你们抓错人了 |
[40:18] | Well, it was nice working with you. | 合作愉快 |
[40:20] | The pleasure was all mine. | 我的荣幸 |
[40:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:47] | What are the odds? | 你说这几率能有多大 |
[40:51] | The odds of what? | 什么几率 |
[40:53] | The odds that Chavis would buckle | 查韦斯妥协 |
[40:55] | and confess to killing Pat? | 承认杀了派特的几率 |
[40:58] | You pulled a royal flush. | 你这牌简直是皇家同花顺啊 |
[41:01] | Oh, and by the way, | 对了 |
[41:03] | he had help. | 他也帮忙了 |
[41:05] | Koi. | 凯伊 |
[41:06] | They were actually both in on it together. | 他们俩是一伙的 |
[41:08] | In fact, it was Koi who texted Chavis | 是凯伊给查韦斯发的信息 |
[41:11] | when Pat was on his way back home that night. | 当时派特正准备回家 |
[41:13] | And it was Chavis who texted you after killing Pat | 也是查韦斯在杀了派特后给你发信息 |
[41:16] | to come over and make peace | 让你过去和好的 |
[41:18] | so he could frame you for the murder. | 这样他就能栽赃你 |
[41:21] | You going somewhere? | 你要去哪吗 |
[41:23] | I just won you your freedom… | 我刚给你找回自由 |
[41:24] | that seems counterintuitive. | 有点反常啊 |
[41:26] | You ever been to Tunica, Mississippi? | 你去过密西西比的尼卡吗 |
[41:30] | Riverboat casinos. | 河船赌场 |
[41:32] | Fresh start. | 重新开始 |
[41:34] | Nobody knows me there. | 那里没人认识我 |
[41:37] | You look disappointed. | 你看起来很失望 |
[41:40] | It’s who I am, Bull. | 这就是我 布尔 |
[41:46] | And I love who you are. | 我就喜欢你的本色 |
[41:48] | But you’re never gonna hit that jackpot, man. | 但你永远不会再这么幸运了 伙计 |
[41:52] | You know a lot of stuff, but you don’t know that. | 你是知道很多 但你可说不准 |
[42:05] | We’re even. | 我们扯平了 |
[42:07] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[42:11] | But we’re still friends. | 但是我们还是朋友 |
[42:14] | I’m still taking your calls. | 我还会接你的电话 |
[42:17] | I’m still here for you. | 我还会帮你 |
[42:19] | I know that. | 我知道 |